[Return]
Archived Thread

File 135919052258.jpg - (21.82KB , 604x453 , ZQd7o.jpg ) [iqdb]
164702 No. 164702
Poor little rabbit.

Thread 1: >>157288
Thread 3: >>160944
Thread 4: >>162381

There's some updates in /at/ too: >>/at/25233
Noncanon Alternate Possibilities: >>/shorts/618

Google Doc: http://bit.ly/Md4pvN
/at/ Google Doc: http://bit.ly/LbuqKy

You're all terrible people.

--

[X] IKU WAIT FOR MEEEEEEEEE

You don't even say anything to Sakuya: you know she'll recognize your voice. She wouldn't be the type to throw her friends out of a party they're crashing, so you've got the advantage here. The main thing you want to avoid is witnesses. Up here you've got the possibility of anyone at the party. Downstairs? Iku. Maybe someone else, you doubt it. And it shouldn't be too hard to ditch Iku.

You dive through the door, roll to your feet, and spring over the bannister's rail. The fact that you've been able to do this at all is a testament to the fact that Sakuya's not taking this too seriously: she's not even bothered to stop time. Well, that's good. You hit the stairs a couple feet below the bannister, pivot 180, and see... nothing but a slightly boring stockroom. There's a door in the back, and there's plenty of sacks of stuff, flour, brooms, really, nothing interesting. Iku's got the door in the back open, and she's frantically gesturing for you to follow her.

Considering you hear Sakuya's steps following you down the stairs, you dash after Iku. Halfway across the room, you hear an odd rumbling and thrumming from up above you: it's coming from the atrium. Odd. You'll worry about that later.

“Come out, kiddies, the basement is no place for you.” You can hear Sakuya trying not to giggle as she comes down. She's having fun.

Well, time to make it a game for her. You get through the door, and grab Iku by the hand. “Come on. We've got to lose her.” You know you're not going to lose her. If anyone knows the layout of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, it'll be Sakuya.

You and Iku run and run through the mansion's basement, taking random doors, going past pipes and lots of nondescript rooms, finding nothing that is either:

A: a secret alcohol storage facility (you've already passed a few dusty wine bottles on shelves, cheap vintages all,)
B: a human breeding facility
or C: a high-security holding cell.

C seems to be the one least likely: after all, Flandre routinely attends the martial arts classes Meiling holds, and she's been to Eientei a few times. Honestly, how the rumor that 'she's a monster that needs to be locked up in the basement' got around is beyond you.

Sakuya's footsteps disappeared a long time ago, and Iku's out of breath. You slow to a stop for her: you're in pretty damn good shape if you say so yourself, and a crazed flight like that is nothing new to you. You've had your fair share of operations blown in the past. And this one's hardly blown.

The thumping and the rumbling sound has since disappeared: that had to have been the musicians playing. A shame you missed it. But that also means that you're nowhere near the atrium. This is odd. Is the mansion's basement that large, really? You take a look around the room you're in. Again, boring. Boring, boring, boring. Cut stone walls, shelves with what look like old, rusted gardening implements. How much of this place is storage. “I guess when you're 500 years old, you acquire a bunch of stuff.”

Iku's bent over and winded. “Do you... do you think... we lost her?”

You not. Of course not. “Yeah. She probably has no idea where we are. We should probably split up, though. Give her two trails to follow.”

Iku nods. “Yeah. Yeah, that's a good idea. I still need to find that wine cellar. Look, if I can't find it, I'll be back at the party upstairs in an hour. Then we'll meet up and share information about its whereabouts, okay?”

“Yeah. We can split up and search. Hopefully Sakuya doesn't catch us.”

Iku's mouth is a grim line. “If I don't make it back alive... it's been an honor, Hakurei.” She holds out a fist. You bump her outstretched fist with your own. She walks over to the door, opens it, and continues on with her quest.

You salute her, and flop onto a burlap sack of seeds, and look at the signs scrawled on the wall. You didn't bother to point these out to Iku, and it doesn't seem like she noticed.

→ To Lake
← To Conservatory
↑ To Tunnels
↓ To Phlebotentory

You're pretty sure that Phlebotentory isn't actually a word. It makes sense, though, being that Remilia and Flandre are vampires. The blood's got to come from somewhere, and it's not your job to deal with that anyway. You're no vampire hunter.

The Lake seems like a possibly very good thing- maybe a camouflaged exit that you can use? You file that away for future reference.

The Conservatory and Tunnels, however, don't seem to mean anything to you. Nothing that you can think of offhand, anyway. But all this was just killing time, anyway. Suddenly, Sakuya's leaning against the wall opposite you, putting away a pocket watch. She waves to you, and smiles. “Sup, Reisen. Crashing our party? How horrible of you.”

You chuckle. “Miss a bash like this? Nah.”

Sakuya feigns astonishment. “And to think that some people snuck in. I could just die of embarrassment.” She smiles again. “So how'd you get in?”

You lift your mask up onto your head. “Swam in. Snuck in through the miniature harbor.”

“That's pretty hardcore, Reisen. Though I'd imagine that would've ruined your dress.”

“Stole one when I got here. Used your guys' showers too.”

“A scandal.” Sakuya digs around in her pockets and pulls out a pack of cigarettes. “Want one?”

You wave it off. “Nah.”

“Suit yourself.” She shrugs. “I'm just glad for this opportunity to take a break; Remilia won't begrudge me the time spent 'chasing down party-crashers.'” She punctuates this last bit with air quotes, and then lights a cigarette and takes a long drag. “And I can't even smoke up there. Remilia complains about the smell.” She exhales, trying to make a smoke ring. And fails pretty badly. “So what were you and Iku doing down here?”

You shrug nonchalantly. “Oh, nothing much, just searching for the lost wine cellar of El Dorado.”

Sakuya cocks an eyebrow. “You guys were looking for the good stuff? You're in the wrong place, then. Patchy keeps it all in the library for herself. I nick some from time to time for Meiling and me. Not much down here, really. Just a bunch of really old storage, and I guess the phlebot- phle- blood room thing. God, I hate the pretentious name. I think Remilia made it up, to be honest.”

You point at the signs. “What about the other things?”

Sakuya turns to look at them. “The lake? Oh, that's just where the mansion takes on water, and it has a small sewage treatment plant. I'm rather proud of that, got Nitori to hook it up and everything. The Conservatory is pretty much just the basement addition to the library: not enough room for all the books Patchy has up above anymore. That, and she grows some plants there. Not my thing. I've never had much luck with plants. The tunnels... well.” She turns back towards you. “Legend has it that there's a tunnel network running all over Gensokyo, with the hub being here. Honestly, I doubt they're still in decent repair. The door to the tunnels just opens to a bunch of fallen rock. If there was a tunnel system, I doubt there is anymore.” She tosses her spent cigarette down, and grinds it out. “So, what do you want to do?”

What do?

[ ] Go back up to the party with Sakuya.
[ ] Ask her to show you the...
– [ ] Conservatory.
– [ ] Phlebotentory.
– [ ] Tunnels.
– [ ] Sewage Treatment plant
[ ] Just chill with Sakuya here for a little while.
[ ] Write-in.

Or:

[ ] Attempt to take Sakuya out.
– [ ] Just shoot her.
– [ ] Try to shock her first.
– [ ] Make a grab for the watch.
– [ ] Use the eyes first.
– [ ] A bit of danmaku spam to begin with, eh?
[ ]Prime the C4 and toss it at her. Do you want to blow yourself up, idiot?
– [ ] Write-in.

>> No. 164709
[x]Sewage Treatment Plant

"You know, Eirin has been nagging me to do something about our own waste disposal. You'd be surprised at the kind of stuff a hospital has to get rid of. Would you mind showing me so that I can see if it would work for us?"

And while she's explaining what the pipes do, push her head between the gears. The treatment plant is a fantastic place to dump a body.
>> No. 164712
[X]Prime the C4 and toss it at her.

TEKBIR!

In all seriousness, I have a few questions in order to gauge the situation. How far is Sakuya away from Reisen? How many seconds will it take Reisen to quick-draw her gun and shoot Sakuya? Do we still have the happy pills? What time is it, and when will the masquerade end?

Personally, I would think that it would be better for Sakuya to lead the way to our destination, so that we can double tap her in the head without her being able to react, but that would be too easy, wouldn't it?
>> No. 164713
[X] Sewage Treatment plant
-[X] Take the Reflex Pill as we walk.

None of the take-her-out options work here, while she's facing us and out of arm's reach. Maybe double-tapping her would be effective if she doesn't know what a gun is or something, and maybe danmaku-spam gets us into a 'friendly' Spell Card battle, but everything else just serves to make her suspicious. Therefore, we get her moving, get her talking, and pop her as her back's turned.

Taking the pill now lets it take effect, since pills usually aren't instant-effect, and lets us judge the improvement and side-effects (which we can pass off as being drunk, should Sakuya notice).

Also, I love this Sakuya. ;_;
>> No. 164715
[X] Sewage Treatment plant

We have a good excuse for it.

...This is going to be painful.
>> No. 164718
>>164713
"Also, I love this Sakuya. ;_;"
That's the point isn't it? It's so much more heart wrenching to kill off characters we as an audience like.

At least we know she needs the watch, either as a locus or as the source of power.

[X] Sewage Treatment plant
-[X] Take the Reflex Pill as we walk.
-[X] If it's silent enough, prime the shock gloves

We need an excuse and "Inspecting to see if Eientei can get one" is better then nothing.

I'm still all for C4'ing the corpse. Much quicker and safer.
>> No. 164719
Actually, shouldn't we ask her if there's something suspicious going on with the fairies in her mansion? I mean, her fellow 'coworkers' must have a reason to kill her after all, and we should learn what we can from Sakuya's perspective. After all, she is probably more aware of what is going on with the fairies then we do, and we must remember that we are being manipulated like pawns by the fairies, so we only know what we need to.
>> No. 164720
>>164712
Not too far, only about six feet or so. It's a relatively narrow room.
Reisen's not a Wild West gunslinger, she's a marksman. That said, only a couple seconds.
Of course you still have the happy pills. Totally forgot to write in a thing about them. I'm glad you remembered.
The night is still young, and Reisen thinks that it'd be silly for a vampire masquerade ball to end anytime before just before dawn.
>> No. 164723
[x] Ask her to show you the...
– [x] Phlebotentory.
Blood spatter. Blood room. C4.
>> No. 164731
>>164723
Remilia: "China, have you had any luck finding Sakuya yet? This break of hers is getting ridiculous."

Meiling: "No, I've looked everywhere! Why is she hiding?!"

Flandre: "Mmmm! This blood tastes... familiar?"

Everyone: "..."
>> No. 164735
>>164731
That's terrible. I'd never call Meiling 'China'.
>> No. 164740
[X] Sewage Treatment plant
-[X] Take the Reflex Pill as we walk.

It's time. Get ready.
>> No. 164743
>>/shorts/828

See, I can write nice things.
>> No. 164746
>>164743
... I feel like I just got Bel-Air'd.
>> No. 164752
>>164743
I almost laughed. That was pretty clever.
>> No. 164757
As >>164712, I would like to amend my vote to
[X] Just chill here with Sakuya for a while.
-[X] Try to discretely ask Sakuya if the fairies under her employ, like Luna, are acting different lately.
--[X] Look for the opportunity to eliminate her, but don't be hasty.

It appears that we're already going down the 'Reisen butchers Sakuya in the Sewage Treatment Plant' route, but we must remember the current situation we are in.

Reisen is a pawn for the fairies' plot against the status quo in Gensokyo. As of now, we are being controlled without even trying to resist them, which I find to be completely ridiculous. What good would come out of mindlessly obeying the three mischievous fairies when they specifically stated that they couldn't care less if Reisen is caught, and implied that she's expendable in the grand scheme of their plans. Most of us have decided that we have to kill Sakuya to continue protecting Kaguya and Eirin, but is this really the way to get the ending we want? After all, the fairies hope that Reisen will kill Sakuya so that they won't have to do it themselves and risk getting caught. They have no need to keep the fact that Reisen is the murderer a secret, and only do so because they want to exploit her as much as possible. Our values distinctively clash in this extent. We want Reisen to kill Sakuya and the third target and have the fairies keep Kaguya and Eirin safe; the fairies want to exploit Reisen and have ample reason to dispose of her after she did the favors in order to redirect suspicion from their activities. We're not doing anything to prevent this, which in my opinion, isn't just idealism; it's downright naivety.

This brings me to my next point: our cover has been blown, and everyone will know Reisen has killed Sakuya. 'How so?' you may ask. 'If we dispose of the body and escape, nobody should know what we did.'

Well, if you include Iku as a nobody, then yes, 'nobody' should know what we did. Once the party is over and everyone knows that Sakuya has probably been killed, the first thing they'll do is ask everyone who was at the party when they last saw Sakuya. Iku was invited, so naturally, she'll also be interrogated... and that's where things will fall apart. She will state that the last time she saw Sakuya was with Reisen, trying to look for the SDM's wine supply. The investigators will realize that Reisen wasn't invited at the party, and they'll immediately beeline towards Eientei to interrogate Eirin, Kaguya, and us. Killing Toyosatomimi and getting away with it was easy since the only local witnesses were a brain-dead jiangshi and a tentacle monster currently living with Yuuka. If we kill Sakuya, it's almost guaranteed that Reimu and the others will know we killed her.

This is why I want to talk with Sakuya for a while about the fairies; this will allow us to know what the SDM knows about what the fairies are planning. If we continue on this path of 'obey fairies and get happy ending!', I am going to step back and sigh in frustration if this blows up in our collective faces.
>> No. 164758
>>164757

Unless I missed something Iku still thinks we are one of Reimus ancestors, Sakuya called us out on it without iku being there. She probably would tell that the culprit wore a rabbit mask but thats pretty much why we chose it, people will think Reisen would be too smart to acutally wear a rabbit mask of all things. Only problem I see here is Tewi because she knows thats it was Reisen under that mask.
>> No. 164759
>>164743
ಠ_ಠ
Still watching you Rabbit, you monster.
Just watch. You'll make this extra cruel on Reisen by having Sakuya talk about her relationship with Meiling and drinks on the way to the water treatment plant.
Nice short though.
>> No. 164762
>>164757
Luna's not under Sakuya's employ, unless I missed something...

>If we continue on this path of 'obey fairies and get happy ending!', I am going to step back and sigh in frustration if this blows up in our collective faces.

Don't you mean "when"?
>> No. 164763
>>164758

In that case, we better have a hell of a good explanation to tell Tewi why we had Reisen kill Sakuya, since Reisen has a extremely good relation with Tewi. Of course, my previous point of 'we're being manipulated and not doing anything about it' still stands. My main point of frustration is that there is no guarantee that this will work out in the end, since we're making the basic assumption that the fairies won't give us away when they have ample reason to in order to redirect attention from their plots. We should at the very least try to think about the future and consider what we'll do in that rather likely eventuality, or suffer the consequences.
>> No. 164769
File 135935435720.jpg - (204.33KB , 850x1168 , sample-acf5d6a91ef22b6bc6da260da3485e70.jpg ) [iqdb]
164769
[X] Sewage Treatment plant
-[X] Take the Reflex Pill as we walk.

“I'm actually really interested in the sewage treatment plant. All we've got at Eientei is a septic tank.”

Sakuya raises an eyebrow. “What, really?”

You nod enthusiastically. “Sure! I mean, just imagine it! I won't have to listen to Kaguya complain that she can't flush everything down the toilet!”

Sakuya shakes her head. “You still can't, even with a sewage treatment plant. Anyway, sure, let's go.” As she turns, you reach down to your hip holster and pull out the little pillbox, and pop the reflex one. It'll take a moment to take effect, because this is real medicine, with delays, and none of that stupid movie or magic bullshit.

Sometimes you wish you had magic. Magic just seems useful. Eh. Nothing to worry about for now.

“What was that, Reisen?”

Shit. I didn't realize she'd seen me. “What, that? Vitamin.”

“Vitamins? You?”

“Well, I've got to keep strong somehow, and I'd rather not do it by testing Eirin's newest shady drug.”

Sakuya chuckles. “Can't blame you there. Anyway, come on.” She waves you forward, and the two of you start walking down the hallway to the sewage treatment plant. Midway there, your fingers start to twitch a little, and you feel your heartbeat speed up a bit, while the world takes on a sharp, crystal clarity. You can perceive the individual strands of Sakuya's hair- each glistening, shining in the dim light of forty-watt lightbulbs, but that's nothing compared to the gross incandescence of Sakuya's smile-

You shake your head. Can't do this. Can't think like that. Gotta focus on something else. Stop focusing like that. Sakuya is recounting a tale. “So then Meiling comes to my room, with Flandre, Patchy, some vodka, and a game by the name of 'Atmosfear'. She's all excited, but by the end of it, anytime the Gatekeeper showed up, she'd jump and latch on to me for a moment.” She giggles. “By the second game, she'd been drinking enough that she was hugging me almost the entire time. Flandre was trying to snuggle up to Patchy. Girl gets real handsy when she's been drinking, let me tell you. Sweetest little thing, though. Always glad to have her around.”

Goddamnit, Sakuya, why do you have to make this so fucking hard? I don't want to do this, I don't want to do this, be a monster, tell me stories of how you beat fairies when they don't do what you want, something, anything! I don't WANT to do this!

“So I've got twelve keystones or something like that, and got doubles of most of them at least, and I'm on my way to the Ring Road, and the Gatekeeper comes up. He says that Flandre can dice duel anyone for all their keystones, and of course she picks me. Meiling's trying to get her to stop and not to do that, but that just makes her smile more and insist. So we roll. I roll an eleven.”

“What'd she roll?”

“A twelve! I was this close to winning, and then I lost it all. And then I was banished to a black hole. I haven't laughed so hard in ages. Flandre got hers, though. Drew her own fear, had to go back, and someone drew a fate card that required her to discard a bunch of her keystones. We ran out of time and everyone lost. But it was still great.” She slaps you on the back. “You should come play with us sometime! Hell, I think when we go upstairs, I'll see if Meiling wants to play tonight. I'm sure Patchy and Flandre would be glad to play too.”

You swallow. “Yeah. That'd... that'd be great.”

She completely misses the hesitation in your voice, and just smiles wider. “Awesome! We'll make Patchy break out the good stuff.” By this time, the two of you have reached the door to the waste treatment plant. She dramatically opens the door. “Voile!”

“Voila.”

“Then why is it called the Voile library?”

You shake your head. “Man, I don't know, I don't live here.”

Sakuya punches you on the arm in a friendly manner. “You know you're welcome over anytime.” She gestures to the machinery in the room. “So we've got the sump tanks here, the pump and filter there, and... well... I've really forgotten what half of this stuff is or does. But it works.” Your eyes gaze over the pipes, the shining steel tanks... and the intake pump. It's got moving bits. And looks like it can pinch mightily. “Right, before I forget: the pump's kind of dangerous. Don't stick your hand in if you want to keep it.” Yeah. The pump. It moves up and down with what seems inexorable force. Maybe if you...

No. No, no no no no no no no no! You're not here to make her suffer. You're not some kind of monster. Jesus Christ what are you even thinking? Sakuya's one of your friends! The least she deserves is a quick, painless death.

No, a small part of you whispers. No, I want to see her crying out in pain. I want to see those tears. I want to see the fear in her eyes. I want her to know that she can't survive. I want her to hear the thundering steps of Death's advance, in time with the ticking of her watch. I want that watch to be soaked in blood.

What the fuck. What the holy everloving fuck is wrong with me?

“Wait, hold on.” She gestures to the pump. “Grating got knocked out of line again.” She walks over to the control panel and flips the pump to the OFF position. A terrible, malicious part of you meticulously records the location of this switch. She then walks over to the pump, and sticks her hand in to fiddle with the grating. Her hands are busy now. The reflex booster is making you twitchy. The adrenaline from your anticipation of the moment is combining with that to make this moment crystallize into one single point. And you can hear it.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Ding. Dong.

What do?

[ ] Use the gun. You can at least make it quick and painless.
[ ] Flip the switch.
[ ] Put your hand on the pipe. Activate the gloves. Those are copper pipes that Sakuya's fiddling with.
[ ] Let the moment pass.
– [ ] Then what? (Write-in.)
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 164770
[ ] Use the gun. You can at least make it quick and painless.

Opportunity is opportunity. Don't waste it.
I don't want Reisen to be a monster either, so no easy kill
>> No. 164771
>>164769
If we're willing to be risky, we can wait and talk to patchy/meiling/sakuya about the fairies and see if we can find a way to fight back or break free of the contract without involving Remelia.
We have to stop their plans eventually...
Or we can use the gloves to shock her so we can monologue. I want to know what Sakuya would do in our position. I want to know how she reacts to her friend betraying her.
>> No. 164772
>>164771
I promise there will be a monologue either way. It's just a question of whether or not there's an audience.
>> No. 164773
[x] Put your hand on the pipe. Activate the gloves. Those are copper pipes that Sakuya's fiddling with.
>> No. 164774
>No, a small part of you whispers. No, I want to see her crying out in pain. I want to see those tears. I want to see the fear in her eyes. I want her to know that she can't survive. I want her to hear the thundering steps of Death's advance, in time with the ticking of her watch. I want that watch to be soaked in blood.

What the fuck. What the holy everloving fuck is wrong with me?

I read around these lines over and over again. Several possibilities:

1. This is a side-effect of the drug. Understandable, perhaps.

2. This is Reisen slipping down the slippery slope. Also somewhat understandable, given... everything that she's been planning.

3. This is something entirely new and novel.

Seeing as I've never done anything but vote to PUT THE BRAKES ON THE TRAIN, I'm not going to stop now.

[X] Drop to your knees and SCREAM in realization that you're becoming a monster.
-[X] ... and let the moment pass.
-[X] When prompted, start explaining that it's either her life or that of your friends, unless you can find a third option.
-[X] ... and if she makes any sign that she's unsympathetic, take the first opening you get.

Is it bad that I want to see Sakuya try and fail to find that third option, then let Reisen kill her at the end of the night without resistance?

After all, she just told a story how dear friends and family are. She'll might understand and martyr herself - or she might decide she values her own relationships too much.. But killing Sakuya in cold blood is too much for me.

>> No. 164775
[ ] Use the gun. You can at least make it quick and painless.
>> No. 164776
>>164774
Telling Sakuya is the same as telling Remilia and the last time we did that, she turned Reisen into a slave and killed Kaguya and Eirin.



[x] Let the moment pass.
– [x] Pat her back for a job well done
- - [x] With your gloves.
She was taunting us with the switch I think.
>> No. 164777
[x] Use the gun. You can at least make it quick and painless.

Goddamn. I do NOT want to do this. This Sakuya is great. I can see her being close friends with Reisen, the two of them hanging out, trading clothes, romantic advice...

Just... just make this quick. We can toss the body afterwards. Just walk up behind her, as though curious, and make it quick.

Damn it, Rabbit.
>> No. 164778
[X] Put your hand on the pipe. Activate the gloves. Those are copper pipes that Sakuya's fiddling with.


THEN FLIP THE SWITCH
>> No. 164779
To all of you lamenting over needing to kill Sakuya, remember that it's not too late to rebel!

Are Sakuya and Tewi really worth trading for Kaguya and Eirin?
>> No. 164780
>>164774
You. I like you.

[X] Let the moment pass.
-[X] Don't kill Sakuya. At all, period, not even slightly.

Let the derailing begin
>> No. 164781
[X] Put your hand on the pipe. Activate the gloves. Those are copper pipes that Sakuya's fiddling with.

Hitting the switch might give her enough time to timestop her way out of there, and a bullet will be a clear link to anyone who has a gun, and guess who knows that we have a gun?

Electrocuting her through the pipe might not kill her outright, but it'll stun her long enough for us to finish the job, probably with the machines. Then we exit the premises.

And what the fuck are we gonna do about Sanae?

And to you guys who wanna pull out: We either kill Sakuya, or our friends and one outsider die instantly. We've already murdered one, so there's no going back to innocence.

What we CAN do, is keep the watch, and start building a plan to counter the fairies when they make their move. They want these three people dead because they can stop them. Sakuya obviously for the time-stopping, dunno what the first target was about, and we dunno the third one yet.

But somehow, those three could stop the fairies. It's up to us to find out how, and duplicate those skills.
>> No. 164782
[x] Let the moment pass.
-[x] Break down in tears.

This sort of choice and tension would be more than enough to shatter her psyche.
>> No. 164784
[X] Let the moment pass.
-[X] Ask Sakuya if the fairies are acting suspicious lately as an offhand question.

This is where we draw the line here. Reisen is not a pawn, or a servant. She is her own being who should make the decisions she truly feels are right. Whose interests are we promoting by killing Sakuya? We'll be helping the fairies by eliminating an important figure in Gensokyo for their plans, and Reisen clearly does not want to kill Sakuya. I must ask if we truly want to kill Sakuya for the sake of three others whom I feel none of us truly care for.

Regardless of which action is actually chosen, I would like to remind you all that this is our choice. Nobody is forcing any of us to kill Sakuya; instead, we are given an option to input our will and progress the story however we wish. Choose whatever decision you all think is the right one, not the one we are obligated to choose. After all, this is the very essence of the CYOA. If we don't want to accept the reality that is being presented to us, then we should bring another reality into being with our actions.

This is your choice. This is your adventure. This is your Choose-Your-Own-Adventure, and only you can do what you really want.
>> No. 164785
So, Rabbit. How does it feel to have written a Sakuya so well that nobody wants to kill her? Well, almost nobody.
>> No. 164786
[X] Put your hand on the pipe. Activate the gloves. Those are copper pipes that Sakuya's fiddling with.

DO IT
>> No. 164787
>>164785
I like Sakuya. In fact, I like her so much that in my last story I brought her back from the dead.
>> No. 164790
>>164784
>I must ask if we truly want to kill Sakuya for the sake of three others whom I feel none of us truly care for.

Wtf is wrong with you? Reisen cares about them much more than anyone else. Breaking the deal with the fairies will kill the rest of the Eientei crew.

And I do want them to be alive and well at the end of this story. If having to kill other people for that, then so be it.
>> No. 164791
>>164790
I apologize for being rather pretentious and disregarding the feelings of you and the others who also care about the Eientei crew. It's just that since the events of the second favor are at a climax, I wanted to somewhat persuade people to not kill Sakuya since I'm already rather opinionated about the consequences of our actions. I appreciate the fact that you called me out on assuming that both Reisen and people with your sentiments regarding Kaguya and Eirin do not exist, since I was a little biased on my little speech.

Anyways, whether or not Sakuya dies is a somewhat forgone conclusion. The only problem is, what happens next when the fairies call us out on being the rampaging murderer? In the end, more people will probably die, so my primary concern is preventing the fairies from backstabbing Reisen. I don't really want anybody to die, but we have to recognize that the fairies are going to dispose of us in the end. Even if we do all of the favors, nothing prevents them from calling out Reisen and bringing eternal hatred to the residents of Eientei, which in my opinion is a terrible, but likely ending to the path we're taking.

We all need to remain civilized however, and not get into a shitstorm about how killing Sakuya or letting Eirin and Kaguya die is stupid. I believe that all of us, the pro-Sakuya faction and the pro-Eintei group, agree that being a pawn for the fairies can only end poorly, so regardless of the outcome of this voting session, we must take action and begin to counter the fairies.
>> No. 164793
>>164769

[x] Use the gun. At the least it can be painless.
>> No. 164795
>No, a small part of you whispers. No, I want to see her crying out in pain. I want to see those tears. I want to see the fear in her eyes. I want her to know that she can't survive. I want her to hear the thundering steps of Death's advance, in time with the ticking of her watch. I want that watch to be soaked in blood.

THIS IS US!
[x] Use the gun. At the least it can be painless.
-[x] Then crush Sakuya's body until it's unrecognizable with the pump to dispose of the evidence
>> No. 164797
Haven't glanced at this story since Sanae's love turned out to be an act.
This...might not have been a good update to skim though on a whim.
>> No. 164799
>>164797
So let's talk a moment. Why did you not like that part? I would genuinely like to know.
>> No. 164806
[x] Let the moment pass.
-[x] Break down in tears.
-[X] Ask Sakuya if the fairies are acting suspicious lately as an offhand question.

I really, really don't want to have to kill this version of Sakuya. Maybe we can fake her death somehow?
>> No. 164807
you people are the worst faggot traitors ever

you couldn't even grief the clown
>> No. 164808
[X] Put your hand on the pipe. Activate the gloves. Those are copper pipes that Sakuya's fiddling with.
>> No. 164812
>>164807
I thought this was suppose to be about Reisen's suffering, not ours.
>> No. 164814
>>164807
Crix, how is it that you are simultaneously the best and worst poster on THP?
>> No. 164815
>>164812
Nope. Never heard of him.
I believe "Use the gun" is currently in lead, last I skimmed for a count.
>> No. 164818
>>164799
It pissed me off, and not in a good way. Oh, the thing you've been working on for the past dozen updates at the expense of the very important main objective doesn't actually exist. Surprise.
It almost felt like a twist worthy of Kira. Not quite as bad, but of the same stripe. My like for this story was tenuous enough before that for obvious reasons, so that was all it took to drive me off.

On that note, I don't feel like I should vote on this...but this is the first grown Sakuya I've actually genuinely liked. Ever.

...so I'm doing it anyway.
[x] Let the moment pass.
-[x] Break down in tears/don't kill her/etc.
>> No. 164819
>>164818

I'm not quite as negative about that twist- it does fit the tone of the story- but it still felt like a real kick in the nads. I mean, I was starting to pull for the pair, and then it turned out that the whole thing was just some act put on by Sanae. Jerking someone's feeling around like that... it just feels really low, you know? I'm still wondering what the hell is going on in Sanae's head.
>> No. 164820
>>164819
How long till emotional stress drives Sanae into our arms as she keeps investigating and falling for us? I say before kill 3.

Reisen has to suffer because she has to pay the price for an impossible favor she wished for. Cheating one's way out of magical contracts usually ends up with negative results, as the short with Remilia showed.

We, as readers, have to suffer with her, because we're the one's controlling the actions. So, yes, it hurts to kill off Sakuya. It's supposed to. Casually wishing the death on an innocent is not what a sound, mental mind thinks off without pain (Exceptions exist of course).
>> No. 164821
File 135950379471.gif - (1.25MB , 1002x718 , 129710648061.gif ) [iqdb]
164821
>>164819
While distressing, twists like these are what makes a good story great. There has to be complications or else we end up with pointless slice of life stories.
In other words, every MC has to earn its happy ending.

>>164787
I REMEMBER
>> No. 164823
>>164819

Although it was disappointing to learn that it was all a charade designed to have Reisen spill the beans, it was kind of obvious in hindsight why Reimu and Marisa wanted Reisen to go for Sanae. After all, the poor rabbit had just been rejected by Youmu, and the investigation team knew it would be beneficial to capitalize on Reisen's weakness in order to learn whether or not they should rule her out as a suspect due to her suspicious presence at the Hall of Dreams. Which ended somewhat flawlessly for them.

Sanae believed that what she was doing was right in the name of preserving order in Gensokyo. In her mind, the ends justify the means, no matter how low the process is. Just as how Reisen believes that she had to carry out the favors to protect that which she treasures, Sanae wanted to serve as a protector of Gensokyo, cracking down on anybody who dared to disturb the peace and blatantly violated the Spell Card Rules.
>> No. 164824
>>164818
Well, from the beginning, the original plan was to have Youmu be the main love interest. Then the Sanae scene happened, and anons requested the /at/ Sanae scene become canon. So it did.

Sanae was pretty much the only thing I didn't properly "plan" out beforehand, and it kind of shows. That choice had also come on the heels of people harassing me to 'stop railroading', not in the thread but elsewhere, so it was what I thought was the least-terrible implementation of the choice Sanae was given.

Anyway. Sanae's love hasn't been an act, ever since you, anons, selected for her not to tell Reimu/Marisa. And at least for a significant chunk of time before that. Sanae's not that kind of girl, to do such things with someone she doesn't love, right? She's much too pure for that.

So, yeah, congratulations on taking steps towards your happy endings. Steps I was originally planning to take for you, but steps you took when I handed over the plot reins.

Depending on how much of an asshole you guys are, it might be the worst possible choice you guys made. Hooray! Consequences.

But all that aside, I'm glad you came back and told me that it sucked, and more than that, WHY it sucked. Sometimes, getting honest criticism is like pulling teeth. I mean, I'm A Bad Writer. So opportunities to improve are something I thoroughly prize.

>On that note, I don't feel like I should vote on this...but this is the first grown Sakuya I've actually genuinely liked. Ever.

You know, that is almost word-for-word what people said about my Sakuya in Compensation. Apparently I write a good Sakuya. Who knew?
>> No. 164825
>>164823
Also, I didn't see this post while I was writing the last one, but your characterizations are almost exactly the ones I have in mind while writing this story. So, yeah. I'm glad I'm not completely obtuse and oblivious!
>> No. 164826
File 135951274061.jpg - (127.88KB , 1000x1000 , 1264187263433.jpg ) [iqdb]
164826
>>164824
Well, I don't see this one stealing a liquor store, half-naked, by telling the owner 'shhh I'm stoping time' so there's that.

Long story short, write a Sakuya-centered story. You love her, we love her, it is only fair.
>> No. 164828
[X] Use the gun. You can at least make it quick and painless.

Rabbit, why are you so evil. ;_;
Or are we the evil ones for choosing this path? Oh dear.
>> No. 164831
[x] Put your hand on the pipe. Activate the gloves. Those are copper pipes that Sakuya's fiddling with.

I am a bad person.
>> No. 164833
>>164814
I am a man of paradox.

Though my favorite two colors in magic are allies, not opposites.
>> No. 164834
>>164833
Are they butts and dongs?
>> No. 164838
>>164834
No, white and counterspell
>> No. 164839
File 135956464332.jpg - (268.21KB , 417x676 , tamiyo_reisen.jpg ) [iqdb]
164839
>>164833
Rainbow decks represent.
We magic now (Cause Rabbit's writin')
>> No. 164840
[X] Use the gun. You can at least make it quick and painless.

Are the gloves even strong enough to work indirectly like that? Sakuya is vulnerable, so a shot or a punch are more certain methods.
>> No. 164842
[x]No. You can't do it. Not even for Eirin and Kaguya.
[x]Break down into a miserable heap.
[x]There's got to be another way out of this. Any way other than this. THERE HAS TO BE THERE HAS TO THERE HAS TO THERE HAS TO
>> No. 164843
[x] Let the moment pass.
-[x] Break down in tears.

We must jump the tracks.
>> No. 164844
>>164842
>[x]No. You can't do it. Not even for Eirin and Kaguya.

So, condemn the most important people to Reisen to death? Deals with fairies are serious business, bro. There is no way out of them.

Also, remember when Rabbit said there would be three extra murders? Now count how many fairies we want to kill?
>> No. 164845
>>164844
>There is no way out of them.
Says who?
>> No. 164847
>>164846
tl;dr
>> No. 164849
>>164847

Fine then, I'll condense it into the two most important points and delete it. It was unnecessarily long and contained too much rhetoric, but considering that you have the time to look at my post, I think it's a bit unreasonable to dismiss my post since this is a major decision in the story that will impact how the story progresses, not a 'vote for whatever you want and ignore long, thoughtful arguments' decision.

Voting as >>164846 and >>164784:

[X] Put your hand on the pipe. Activate the gloves. Those are copper pipes that Sakuya's fiddling with.

The reaction booster may allow Reisen to act more quickly, but it was never intended to steady a marksman's aim. If anything, it made her twitchier, so it may prevent Reisen from being able to hit Sakuya. It doesn't matter how quickly Reisen whips out the M1911 and empties the magazine at Sakuya; if Reisen can't accurately aim at Sakuya, then we're pretty much dead when Sakuya realizes what's happening and counterattacks.

As a side note, there is something that I don't understand about this whole situation. According to the specifics of the deal, the fairies are obligated to merely 'preserve three lives' for 'three lives traded'. They did three favors by giving Eirin, Mokou, and Kaguya immortality... but they didn't give any specifics as to the consequences of failing to uphold the bargain. Based on my limited knowledge of magical contracts, they aren't allowed to kill Kaguya, Eirin, and Mokou because their contract never covered the eventuality that Reisen doesn't want their services. If Reisen refuses to uphold her end of the bargain, shouldn't this mean that the fairies can only take away their immortality? I mean, the contract was totally fair in that Reisen is expected to kill three people in order to permanently preserve the lives of three people, but no where in the contract does it specify that they will die instantly if the contract is annulled. It wouldn't surprise me if the retraction of the favors caused Eirin and Kaguya to age to compensate for their years of immorality, but Lunarians age extremely slowly, so it shouldn't be significant, and Mokou can die as far as we care. This is pure conjecture, but in my opinion, the consequences of failing to uphold our end of the contract aren't too severe according to the wording.

Regardless, I still believe that Reisen needs to take whatever means necessary to protect Kaguya and Eirin. But the wording of the contract leaves me wondering...
>> No. 164850
>>164848
At the least, Kaguya and Mokou have already killed each other a lot. Since they wouldn't be alive if not for the Hourai elixir, which includes a fairy pact as an active ingredient in this story, if the Hourai fails to function, they will revert to being dead.

...But I'm not sure if this completely meshes with the Hourai's canon mechanics, since it doesn't so much preserve the body as it does preserve the soul and recreate the body if it's destroyed.
>> No. 164851
>>164849
I read it. It's a shame you deleted it. Put it back, please, fuck that other guy.
>> No. 164852
>>164849
No need to get upset, the post had good analysis. But knowing how the fairies will tend to screw with us, even if the contract works as you specify, they may end up blaming Eientei for the murders already committed in order to ensure Kaguya and Eirin die for Reisen upsetting the bargain.
>> No. 164854
>>164851

Alas, I was far too naiive in the ways of Anon and deleted it. I'll try to bring back the important points from memory though.

According to the official timeline of this story, Reisen fled to the earth and was given sanctuary by Kaguya and Eirin, who had no reason to do so since it brought grave danger to them because of the Lunarians. Would anybody else in Gensokyo risk their lives to do this for Reisen? I think not. It is both Reisen's moral obligation to protect them and in her interests to not let them die since they prevented the Lunarians from punishing her, presumably with the death sentence as a traitor who fled from the moon, and because they were willing to do far more then what anybody else in Gensokyo would wish to do.

The reason why we're in this situation is because Reisen cared for Kaguya and Eirin. A little too much, as it has shown; without their permission, Reisen struck a contract with three shady fairies in a time of crisis and to give them immortality which they never wanted. Additionally, now that the threat is gone since the rest of Gensokyo would resist a Lunarian invasion intended to kidnap several of their own, the purpose of the favors is now defunct. However, now we are faced with the burden of making up for these blunders on Reisen's part.

It is not to our best interests to allow our ethics and morals cloud what we must do. In fact, if we wanted to do the 'right' thing, we would have Reisen immediately go to the Hakurei Shrine and admit that she is the culprit. However, life does not work that way, and so we must concentrate on our priorities and establish them so that we can strive for clearly established principles and prevent our hesitation from damning us.

Reisen wants to protect Kaguya and Eirin, but she also doesn't want to have them, or anybody else for that matter, to die. Sakuya is an innocent person who shouldn't be involved in this, and Toyosatomimi definitely didn't deserve to die. But Miko is dead now, dead for the sake of Reisen's selfish desires, and it appears that Sakuya is next in line.

We can't let morality cloud our actions at this point. All we can do is accomplish what we want to do, and accept that we are doing what we have to do for Reisen, Kaguya and Eirin.

What we're doing is most definitely selfish. Involving Sakuya for Kaguya and Eirin's sake is both selfish and immoral; as of now, we are about to cause tremendous suffering and sadness because of a foolish mistake Reisen made in her past. But does that mean we shouldn't do it?

I won't claim to have the answer to the morality issue. Leave that to those after us who look back at our decision and judge if we did the right thing. I will not regret trying to kill Sakuya, because I know that the lives of Eirin and Kaguya will lie directly upon my back. The relationship between us and Sakuya pales in consideration to the bond between Reisen and Eirin/Kaguya.

This is the moment which determines our values. Do we treasure our friends over Eirin and Kaguya, or vice versa, knowing that our 'friends' will sacrifice us for their own sake and indeed, if they were in our position? They may not want to do this to us, but they will choose to sacrifice a 'stranger' for the sake of their intimates. I'm not saying this to be pessimistic, but to be pragmatic about the facts of our situation. Our role as those who govern Reisen's actions is to establish if we want to Reisen become a pragmatic killer, a hapless scapegoat who was too foolish for her own good, or an idealist who wants everybody to be happy.

Reisen is not above morality. She of all people understands that what she is doing is wrong, but we cannot allow our resolve to waver because of this. We are in this situation because Reisen wants to protect Kaguya and Eirin, even if it means breaking the law of the land. She may be judged by others as a poor rabbit who suffered for her foolishness and naivety, but we must accept that this is necessary, not for Gensokyo, but for Reisen's sake. It is Reisen's duty to help protect that which she treasures, and our role to guide her on that path. If her purpose disappears, so too does the rabbit that we all know and sympathize with.

Ultimately, Reisen was a fool for making the contract- but now she has to pay for her actions, and we must guide her along that path. It will not be a pleasant one, and we will not like what will come during our journey, but we must persevere and do everything in our power to help Reisen in her quest to protect the Eintei crew.
>> No. 164855
[x] use the pipe
>> No. 164857
File 135959813851.jpg - (14.43KB , 320x240 , 1235444773207.jpg ) [iqdb]
164857
>>164842
>>164843
Looks like voting through proxies didn't help win anyone over. Don't try it again.
>> No. 164858
I'm going to call votes now, because tea is on and I'll be writing shortly.
>> No. 164859
>>164854

You, sir. I like you. You shouldn't have deleted it at all. In fact, you should have posted this right at the start of this voting session.
>> No. 164860
File 135960425099.png - (22.65KB , 500x538 , tumblr_inline_mg88hdE8Nw1qfk8ky.png ) [iqdb]
164860
[x] Rape the Maids Wait, no.

[X] Put your hand on the pipe. Activate the gloves. Those are copper pipes that Sakuya's fiddling with.

Heels. White, faux leather heels. Well, no. These are heels that were here in the Scarlet Devil Mansion. They're probably real leather. Do they use leather for heels? Kind of looks like leather. White heels on cracked, gray poured concrete floor. This is obviously a recent addition to the mansion.

But you're stalling. You're looking at your feet, and stalling. You wiggle your toes. Maybe you should have painted them. You reach out with one hand and touch the copper piping of the water pump. That's an odd thing to build pipes out of. Doesn't copper oxidize? You take your other hand and finger the little button on the top of the glove. The least you could do is look her in the eyes.

So you look up. She's not looking at you, she's fiddling inside the pipe, muttering to herself, one hand inside, the other on the rim for leverage.

“I'm sorry.”

“For wha-” Sakuya starts, but in mid-sentence, you activate the shock gloves. This draws power from flat-pack flexible batteries in the gloves, and discharges them through special pads in the palms of the gloves. Fifty thousand volts, delivered at 15 milliamps flows out of your gloves, at regular intervals. This is somewhat dissipated by the pipe that connects the two of you, but you make up for it by discharging almost the entire battery in your right glove.

Voltage isn't the most important thing in electrical incapacitation: amperage is. Ten million volts with very little amperage will do less than ten thousand volts with enough amperage. One amp of current is easily enough to kill a person, to stop their heart. Your gloves are calibrated at 15 milliamps: not enough to kill someone, but enough to trigger the involuntary skeletal muscle contractions.

The practical upswing of this is that the Perfect and Elegant Maid is trying to scream, but can't open her mouth, as the muscles of her jaw clamp shut. She's trying to let go of the copper pipe, but her hand has it in a deathgrip.

Your battery fully discharges, and the current stops. Sakuya slumps to the floor in a twitching heap, still conscious, still alive.

She weakly summons the effort to roll over. Her arm creeps towards the pocket with the Luna Dial in it. You walk over, as she's fumbling with the buttons, her fingers unresponsive. Her hands, once as sure and swift as could be, now nothing more than trembling trunks, fingers as a dead tree's limbs in a strong wind.

You crouch down, gently push her hand away, open the pocket, pull out a silver cigarette case, and the Luna Dial. The cigarette case you set aside immediately, and then you turn your attention to the Luna Dial. It's a simple contraption: a silver pocket watch. The face is studded with sapphires for each hour. Twelve, three, six, and nine are all embossed in gold. But within that, there is no clock face. The gears, the sprockets, the springs are all visible, exposed to the world behind a thin layer of glass. The motion is smooth, the ticking of the watch barely audible, but easy to distinguish if you but listen for a moment.

You press the button on top of the watch. The gears stop in an instant. Nothing else does. You release the button, and the ticking resumes. You set the watch aside behind you, out of Sakuya's reach. Her eyes move from you, to the Dial, and back to you. There's no accusation, no hatred, no fear. Only confusion.

“I'm sorry, Sakuya.

“I'm sorry it had to come to this. But had you been in my position, know this: you would have done the same. I don't know how I would have taken it. I'm sure not with anything nearing as much grace.” You pull a cigarette out of Sakuya's cigarette case, and light it. One long drag, and you look back at Sakuya. She's still twitching involuntarily. “If you're going to ask me why, well, you'd need two answers to two questions. Why did I do this? To save the lives of people I value. To save the lives of people I love. You would certainly do the same for Remilia, Meiling, and Flandre. But that's neither here nor there. You're not the one who's going to pull a trigger tonight. For that, I can only hope you'll forgive me. The other question, why you? Why you indeed. I intend to get some answers to this question, Sakuya.” You sit down next to the prone Izayoi. Another drag on the cigarette, the nicotine calming you down, relaxing you. “That's not entirely true. You died because it was ordered, and I didn't have time to spare. That's almost a little morbidly funny. No time to spare, when you've got all the time in the world.”

Her voice is hoarse. “Yours not to reason why, yours but to do and die?”

You tap the ash from the end of the cigarette. “Something like that. I don't intend to do any dying, though, Sakuya.” You look at her. She's looking at you, eyes welling up with tears. She still doesn't have the motor control to do anything, the shock's aftereffects still making themselves known. “Sakuya, I have one last question. Do you know how to kill what doesn't die?”

Immediately recognition enters Sakuya's eyes. “Fairies.” She coughs, and for the first time, you can see anger on her face. “No.”

“That's a shame.” You stand up, and draw your pistol from its holster. “Maybe I'll see you in the afterlife.”

Sakuya smiles. “I'll see you in hell.”

A silencer does not silence, it hardly muffles. Still, the sound is likely indistinguishable from a door being loudly slammed.

Minutes pass. Nobody comes to check on the noise. Your vision is blurry. You wipe your hands against your eyes, and brush away tears, tears that left streak marks without you knowing it. The Luna Dial is stowed away.

At least the mask will come in handy for hiding that. You holster your pistol, settle your mask back on your face, and collect the spare casing. Enough time wasted moping right now. You can mope later. Now's a time for business. How to dispose of the body?

[ ] C4 the body here. It'll look as though the purification system exploded. Somehow. Those things explode, right?
[ ] Clean the room and move her to the phlebotentory. No better place for a bloody corpse, right?
[ ] As above, but the tunnels.
[ ] As above, but the conservatory.
[ ] Open the lake valve and let the room flood. The room's door seal should hold.
[ ] Write-in.

The second favor has been fulfilled, and Reisen is that much closer to finishing her contract. But there is one final favor. Who?

[ ]

As always, I reserve veto power. Voting for this will stay open until the third favor is made known to Reisen.
>> No. 164861
Dammit.

Can't vote right now. Maybe tomorrow.

Damn.
>> No. 164862
[ ] Compose our selves

[ ] C4 the body here. It'll look as though the purification system exploded. Somehow. Those things explode, right?
-[ ] Activate the Luna Dial.
-[ ] Recon now. Find our escape routes if needed and where the fuck Iku is.
-[ ] Check for gun powder residue
-[ ] Jam the water purification to look like there was a serious malfunction. Make the explosion more believable.
-[ ] Set the C4 to explode after 20 minutes. Deactivate the Dial
-[ ] Put the Luna Dial with Sakuya's corpse. Close her eyes and leave her at peace. You monster.
-[ ] Return to the party and leave in the ensuing chaos over the exploding C4
>> No. 164863
>>164862
>You press the button on top of the watch. The gears stop in an instant. Nothing else does.

The dial does not work for you.
>> No. 164865
There are a number of things we must take care of before we can grieve for what has come to pass.

[X] Police the area for any evidence, and clean the blood around Sakuya's body.
-[X] Contact Luna over the ear piece and tell her to send the railgun to the place where she first saw you near the west wing, ground floor.
--[X] Set the C4 to detonate in an hour or so, and place Sakuya's body next to it.
---[X]Head back upstairs and take the wetsuit.
----[X]Sneak outside and recover the M24.
[X]If anybody confronts you near the atrium and capture appears likely, fire the M24.
First of all, the blood. It's guaranteed that Sakuya's... 'accident' left a small pool of blood in the vicinity around her corpse. Clean that up first.

Next, we have to get rid of the body, and by get rid of, I mean obliterate. A 9mm bullet hole is rather conspicuous, and only a few in Gensokyo have expertise in firearm usage. Set the C4 and prep it for detonation in a few hours. No need to bring everybody rushing down due to a random explosion.

Now we have to get rid of the evidence. The railgun is still at the third floor, but there is one small problem to retrieving it: Sakuya's scent is all over us, and Remilia may very well smell her blood. I would prefer that Reisen takes a quick shower, but we probably won't have the time. If we allow Luna to simply take the equipment, the fairies may use it to assassinate another innocent person and pin the blame on us. This way, we should hopefully know where the railgun is.

If we can reacquire the railgun and the wetsuit, we'll be almost home free. We'll just sneak out of the place we came in, and grab the M24 on our way out. With that, we can hope that our mission is accomplished.

As for the vote... Nah, I'll wait. It's way too evil, and Sakuya's death is already a heavy burden on our poor rabbit's conscience.
>> No. 164866
>>164865
>9mm

Nigga, that's a 1911. .45 ACP.
>> No. 164867
>>164866

Whoops. Forgot my basic gun facts back there. Regardless, it definitely caused a traumatic injury to Sakuya's body, which means that her entire body can serve as evidence against us later on.
>> No. 164868
[x]Compose yourself

[x]Wipe the Luna Dial of fingerprints, then return it to Sakuya's pocket.
[x]Open the lake valve, and let the room flood. That should remove any evidence, such as gunpowder residue, that we miss.
[x]Return to the party, and try to leave without drawing suspicion.
[x]We probably can't do anything about the gun hidden in the atrium, so we'll leave it to the fairies.
[x]Check with Luna to see if a fairy can take down our wall mounted gun. If not, we should deal with that before leaving.
[x]If anyone thinks of another piece of evidence that we should take care of, consider this a vote for removing said piece as well.

If we get out without leaving any evidence pointing right at us, we should have a decent defense against investigation. Iku thinks that we are Reimu, Tewi might suspect, but should be safe, and the faeries know, which is somewhat unavoidable.
>> No. 164869
[x]Wipe the Luna Dial of fingerprints, then return it to Sakuya's pocket. Do the same with the cigarette case.
[x]Open the lake valve, and let the room flood. That should remove any evidence, such as gunpowder residue, that we miss.
[x]Return to the party, and try to leave without drawing suspicion.
[x]We probably can't do anything about the gun hidden in the atrium, so we'll leave it to the fairies.
[x]Check with Luna to see if a fairy can take down our wall mounted gun. If not, we should deal with that before leaving.

[x]Nitori Kawashiro
Because science has gone too far.
>> No. 164871
Whelp. Off I go again.
You're doing this ALL wrong, anon.
>> No. 164872
Are we going a bit too far with determining what we're going to do after we get rid of the body, or is Reisen going to do everything we're suggesting? At this point, it would be all to easy for Reisen to sneak out without any trouble, so i'm wondering if our write ins are a little too independent.
>> No. 164873
>>164872
Honestly, my original plan was to just have the option be [ ] Write-in without any default choices, and then go from there. You guys are doing just fine, this is the kind of voting I had hoped for.
>> No. 164875
And thus dies the most perfect, informal maid known to Gensokyo.

[x]Wipe the Luna Dial of fingerprints, then return it to Sakuya's pocket.
[x]Open the lake valve, and let the room flood. That should remove any evidence, such as gunpowder residue, that we miss.
>> No. 164876
[X] Police the area for any evidence, and clean the blood around Sakuya's body.
-[X] Contact Luna over the ear piece and tell her to send the railgun to the place where she first saw you near the west wing, ground floor.
--[X] Set the C4 to detonate in an hour or so, and place Sakuya's body next to it.
---[X]Head back upstairs and take the wetsuit.
----[X]Sneak outside and recover the M24.
[X]If anybody confronts you near the atrium and capture appears likely, fire the M24.

As for the third Favor,

[x] Tewi Inaba

Because fey are dicks. Also, whichever way things go, this choice induces large amounts of/maximum despair, and is sure to make the remainder of the story extremely interesting... one way or another.

>>164857

Kapow, as the voter of >>164842, I'm calling BS on this: methinks something's wrong with your proxy detector. Of course, no way to prove it, etc, so take that as you will. On the other hand, it looks like the votes for the pipe and not killing her were tied, so eh, I can just pretend the vote ended up on the wrong side of a coin flip.
>> No. 164878
File 135963970599.jpg - (1.14MB , 1500x1500 , 19194822.jpg ) [iqdb]
164878
>>164876
Sorry about that, your IP gets over 100 hits on stopforumspam but I guess your ISP is just full of spammers. And no, it wasn't close to tied, I would've been more careful if it was.

Kill: 8 for pipe, 7 for gun, 1 for patting her back with the gloves = 16 total
Don't kill: 5 for breaking down, 1 for simply "don't kill", 1 for asking about fairies, 1 for >>164774 = 8 total
>> No. 164879
[X] Police the area for any evidence, and clean the blood around Sakuya's body.
--[X] Set the C4 to detonate in an hour or so, and place Sakuya's body next to it.
--[X] Set the place to flood, slowly, it'll be as if it flooded after the explosion.
--[X] Contact Luna over the ear piece and tell her to send the railgun to the place where she first saw you near the west wing, ground floor. Do NOT tell her that the job is finished.
--[X] Tie any loose ends and high tail the fuck outta there.

The next target is...

--[X] Tewi OR Sanae Kochiya.
Since the three people protected by her contract are Eirin Kaguya and Mokou, regardless of her original intentions, Tewi is a fair target. It's obvious she won't be selected but the illusion of choice makes the act all the more difficult.
>> No. 164880
[x] Nitori Kawashiro
>> No. 164881
[x] Tewi

How could it be anyone else?
>> No. 164882
>>164879

No. No, no, no! There are better targets than stupid and mindless despair shit.

Like Keine. She's important, and we can get back at Mokou.
>> No. 164883
164868 here.

I'd like to add in my vote for person number three.

[x]Marissa Kirisame
>> No. 164885
[X] Sanae Kochiya

I'm not sure how you kill a god, but this should be amusing.
>> No. 164886
Looks like folks have a pretty good idea as to how to deal with the scene. Is an hour too much time? Someone might come looking for Sakuya, after all. I do like the idea of blowing and flooding the place. Should destroy more evidence that way.

As to the third target, I've been doing some thinking. The fairies are doing this to foment chaos in Gensokyo. Miko and Sakuya's deaths will accomplish that, for sure. But word's going to get around that Reisen and Sanae are an item. When the fairies inevitably out Reisen on what she's been doing, here's what people are going to think:

Gensokyo's in chaos. People are trying to gain something from this chaos. Who would be so devious as to do something like this? What about Moriya shrine?

Basically, if the fairies make it look like Reisen did this on behalf of Moriya shrine, they could start an all-out war between several factions, and then reap the rewards. This is part of why I don't think they'll go after Tewi and Sanae. That, and Reisen has shown Luna that she CAN be pushed too far.

So, whose death would cause untold unrest in Gensokyo?

[x] Marisa Kirisame.

There goes one main incident-solver, Reimu will be too infuriated to resolve the chaos in Gensokyo, and she WILL find out that Reisen did this. The fairies won't even have to actively out her. It might even start a war between her and the Moriyas, if you use my prior reasoning.

... I might have overdone it, here.
>> No. 164887
To meta, all of you.

[x]Watatsuki no Toyohime
>> No. 164888
[X] C4 the body here. It'll look as though the purification system exploded. Somehow. Those things explode, right?

20 Minutes.

And that leaves it the perfect setup to place blame on the scarlets when Nitori dies next.

h u e h u e
>> No. 164890
I was kind of hoping to be able to avoid this, but I suppose I should put it out here right now: it should be someone already established in the story.

So that means no Nitori, then.
>> No. 164891
[X] Police the area for any evidence, and clean the blood around Sakuya's body.
--[X] Set the C4 to detonate in an hour or so, and place Sakuya's body next to it.
--[X] Set the place to flood, slowly, it'll be as if it flooded after the explosion.
--[X] Contact Luna over the ear piece and tell her to send the railgun to the place where she first saw you near the west wing, ground floor. Do NOT tell her that the job is finished.
--[X] Tie any loose ends and high tail the fuck outta there.

as for the target

[x] Nagae Iku

I'd like to see how Reisen can MacGyver her way the clouds without natural flight
>> No. 164892
>>164891
*to the clouds

typos, man.
>> No. 164894
>>164862
>>164863
Poopface.
Anyway, I forgot to pick the final target.
[ ] Sanae Kochiya There is no crueler choice.
>> No. 164895
>>164891

The simple answer: She doesn't, Iku will just come to earth regularly for errands/chasing after Tenshi/something, at least in this story.
>> No. 164896
>>164890
I'm >>164869
Change my vote to Marisa, then.
>> No. 164897
[X] C4 the body here. It'll look as though the purification system exploded. Somehow. Those things explode, right?
-[X] Set the C4 and the body near anything that looks like a gas discharge pipe.
--[X] Remove any evidence from the current location (re-activate the pump, etc.)
---[X]Keep the Luna Dial, however incriminating it might be. At the very least, remove the button, crown, or other part and keep it.

[X] Sanae Kochiya

Congratulations, Rabbit, you've made me emote.
>> No. 164898
[x] Marisa Kirisame

Considering the fairies are trying to screw up the balance of power voting for the infinite despair Tewi/Sanae option doesn't seem warrented.

Killing Marisa on the other hand will bring about maximum levels chaos, especially when Reimu finds out Sanae knew that Reisen was behind this and didn't tell her. Of the 2 people Reimu has said she trusts implicitly the first is dead and the second has broken this trust in an irreparable way.
>> No. 164899
As >>164865, I'm going to modify my vote a bit by adding these conditions.

-[X] Contact Luna over the ear piece and tell her to send the railgun to the place where she first saw you near the west wing, ground floor. Do NOT tell her that the job is finished.
--[X] Set the place to flood, slowly, it'll be as if it flooded after the explosion.

As for the target...

[x] Marisa Kirisame

As the other anons have pointed out, this would prove to be the most logical choice for causing maximum chaos in Gensokyo. The fairies may be heartless, but they're somewhat pragmatic. Reisen has shown them that she is willing to lash back at them. They recognize that Reisen is doing this to protect the two people she treasures, so forcing her over the edge by ordering her to kill Tewi or Sanae may prove to be catastrophic to their goals. After all, we already established that Reisen is going to protect her intimates at all costs.

I just want to make this clear, just in case Sanae and Tewi are chosen- we will not hurt the ones Reisen treasures. Since we have already discarded morality, we cannot afford to abandon our values of protecting Reisen's beloved masters and closest friends.

By the way, how much time has passed since we went on our quest to find the wine cellar of El Dorado? If we spend too much time down here, the other residents of the SDM may wonder where Sakuya is, and we'll have to make our escape at all costs, rifles or not.
>> No. 164900
[x]Tewi
Be consistent.
>> No. 164901
[x] Marisa Kirisame

Marisa will be an interesting target. Oh yes, very risky too.
>> No. 164902
[x] Tewi

Our 'commentary' has been foreshadowing the third favor being Tewi for a few threads now. Why not keep it that way?
Also, in terms of maximum chaos, I think Reimu would be a better choice. Kill Marisa, Reimu goes off the edge and maybe shrine war/whatever other suggestions.
Kill Reimu, potential destruction of the Hakurei border which could lead to cataclysmic effects to both Gensokyo and the real world. That sounds like a pretty good motivation, even: the fairies want to expand into the world of humans where there would be a much lower density of individually stronger youkai to prevent their thriving.
>> No. 164903
>>164902
>Our 'commentary' has been foreshadowing the third favor being Tewi for a few threads now. Why not keep it that way?

No. That's just stupid and senseless. "TO SAVE THOSE YOU CARE FOR, YOU HAVE TO KILL SOMEONE YOU CARE FOR!1!". That's a very poor plot, man, unless we had a way of circumvating the contract and keep everyone alive without killing Tewi. Protip: there is no way.And it would still be poor plot, byt the way. The story is not gonna end after the third murder.
>> No. 164904
>>164902

There's a reason why Gensokyo was sealed away from the outside world, and it wasn't to protect the humans from its inhabitants. As ambitious as the fairies may be, they're probably not stupid enough to try to venture into an environment where faith in the supernatural is virtually non-existent, since it's already clear that the outside has reached a level of technology that cannot be quelled by the threat of the Youkai.
I really doubt that the humans would remain ignorant of a mysterious rise of disappearances in the highlands of Japan, and no matter how skilled most Youkai may be in serious combat, there is no way anybody would possibly maintain a war in which one is constantly killed over and over again with minimal gains. Even if the fairies are immortal, humanity will find a way to bypass their invincibility and steadily neutralize the threat, whether it be with chemical weapons, tear gas, or other unconventional weapons which merely destroy the fairies' capability to wage war. Let's face it; the fairies have no way of regaining control of the outside. If Yukari herself thought that Gensokyo didn't stand a chance within an industrial Earth, I don't think that the fairies can do anything to change that either.

In regards to your Tewi vote, I believe that is is completely illogical for the fairies to push Reisen over the edge with this favor. Her murder wouldn't serve any purpose other then further torment Reisen, and as heartless as the fairies are, they would probably want something more out of this last favor then torturing our poor rabbit. They obvious want something out of this contract, and although we may be deciding how they'll accomplish that, it is simply unreasonable for them to waste this last favor on Tewi other then for pure viciousness.

They can have a wide variety of goals, ranging from intending for Gensokyo to end up into an inter-factional war, wishing to disrupt the status quo out of boredom, wanting to rise in Gensokyo's totem pole, and simply killing those whom they have a grudge against. This is all just pure conjecture, but I believe it to be reasonable for us to assume that they fully intend for Reisen to carry out this final favor, since they still want to exploit her to the fullest.

Anyways, I would be disappointed in the writer if it came down to killing Tewi or letting Eirin and Kaguya die. It may be a really suspenseful decision for us to make, but I would feel that it would be a deliberate cop-off on the writer's part for him to force us to make a decision which would only serve to test our patience and cause a few of us to leave the story because of said decision.

Everything you suggested may come to reality, but I would like to state that having to choose between two unfavorable options would be a deterrent for most of the readers here, since we want make choices that lead to anything but a spiral of doom and despair.
>> No. 164905
Honestly I just don't want Marisa or Sanae dead.
>> No. 164906
>>164904
Marisa is a choice, but I feel it wouldn't be satisfying as Sanae.
It still serves to disrupt Gensokyo.
No one can deny that the Moriya faction is powerful and has a play in the politics of the land. Killing their only shrine maiden would completely upset their plans and force them to respond in revenge. Against Reisen and Eientei if she's caught, and against the fairies, youkai, forest, and possibly even Reimu if the Oriental Fairies ousted.
>> No. 164907
>>164875 here
[x] Marisa Kirisame
I really would love to take down lovable ol' Iku and bring the wrath of the dragons upon us, but after reading the analysis, Marisa's death would bring the most vengeance. And chaos, good chaos.

Rabbit, I hope this story doesn't end with the completion of the third favor. We've got a loooooooong way to go.
>> No. 164908
Sanae?
Marisa?
Tewi?

I reject those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...

[X] Reisen
>> No. 164910
>>164908
Writers are not mocked. This is no joking thing.
>> No. 164911
[x] Nagae Iku

Only because its the only other vote that isn't Tei, Marisa or Sanae.

Are you guys trying to be mean to Reisen on purpose?

We can set some sort of Sympathy cause to the Player Character trio if we have it divided, in our favor, or in the worst case a 2 on 2 situation. [Marisa Anti-Reisen, Reimu Neutral, and Sanae Pro-Reisen / same as before with Reimu Pro-Reisen / or Marisa-Reimu vs Sanae-Reisen respectively]

if Marisa is killed Reimu will DEFINITELY be pissed and the chance of Reisen garnering Support against the fey post-3rd favor or at worst sympathy will likely be lost.

like fuck

If killing the Envoy of the Dragon Palace isn't chaos-sy enough for fairies/Iku was too cool for you guys to kill why not make the target Youmu instead?

- fits the criteria of being established in the story
- sweet sweet revenge for being turned away
- for the Reisen-Suffering party, she'll definitely be squeamish and this could slightly or very well implicate Reisen as a killer seeing as there was some rough blood between them lately
- Ties up romantic loose-ends[?]

It'd also be cool to see how Rabbit handles the underworld too.... but that's kinda irrelevant.

thoughts guys?
>> No. 164912
>>164903
>And it would still be poor plot, byt the way. The story is not gonna end after the third murder.

In the interests of full disclosure, it could. Granted, it's very unlikely, especially with the choices anon has made so far, but it's still a faint possibility.
>> No. 164913
>>164911
>Are you guys trying to be mean to Reisen on purpose?
>if Marisa is killed Reimu will DEFINITELY be pissed and the chance of Reisen garnering Support against the fey post-3rd favor or at worst sympathy will likely be lost.
>like fuck
We're all terrible people. Yet, these are the favors she owes for the greatest gift of all: immortality, ultimate protection for her loved ones. There's no way Reisen could get off without paying a weighty price. Let's just hope she'll be able to earn her ending, happy or sad.
>> No. 164914
Is Reisen herself a valid target?
Considering that the fairies will have no further need for her after this is done.

...What about that jellyfish?
>> No. 164921
If no nitori, then the obivous choice is Youmu.

How bittersweet.
>> No. 164922
>>164878
Whoops. I have no idea why I didn't lump the "gun" votes into the "Kill her" faction. My bad.

>>164899
Correction: ONE of the three fairies has shown that they are pragmatic. Do not forget that Luna had to talk down at least one of the other three fairies from terminating the contract on the spot after the confession to Sanae. Wringing the Sakuya favor, then using this as a method for payback isn't out of the question for them: You know what they say about dishes best served cold.

>>164904

>simply killing those whom they have a grudge against.

And this ties in nicely to the above.

I'd like to ask a question to those stating that the goal of the Fairies is to sow chaos by upsetting the power balance; Where is this stated or inferred? After all, there are better targets to go after than the head of the newest, barely settled faction in Gensokyo and the SERVANT of one of the more significant factions (as opposed to Remilia herself). Not to mention the meta perspective of US being the deciders of the targets, which could have just as easily been Wriggle and Rumia or something.

Their targets could be based on a whim, it could be on a grudge, it could be because of something they own or are doing. In any case, it isn't unreasonable to think that the fairies have a reason to want Tewi dead. On top of getting payback at Reisen, I mean. For argument's sake, if we're coming from the chaos angle again, consider the implications of the resident good luck bunny living with Gensokyo's most prominent alchemist/pharmacist: How much of Eirin's success could be attributed to Tewi's influence, and how would removing all that good luck affect it?

TLDR: Tewi is a valid choice for more than DESPAIR reasons.
>> No. 164923
The correct answer for the third favor, from the fairies' viewpoint, can only be

[X]Kamishirasawa Keine.

Say what you will about any other possible target, but there is nobody who even approaches the threat-to-sinister-plans level of a woman who can just look at history and go "hahaha NOPE."

That, and I'm not terribly pleased with Anon's apparent desire to simply be as sadistic to Reisen as humanly possible. I'm sure Rabbit can do that just fine without our help.
>> No. 164924
>>164923

>Marisa just sighs. “I wish the full moon would just hurry up. Maybe then Keine will be able to help.”

>Reimu doesn't move from her slumped position, staring up at the ceiling, but she offers a reply. “It doesn't work like that. I've told you.”

>“Well then, genius, how does it work?”

>“How the hell should I know? I'm no hakutaku. It just doesn't, okay?”

>If it did work like that, Reisen would be in some serious trouble come the full moon. At least you're pretty sure it doesn't work like that.

>You kind of hope it doesn't work like that.

Judging by this, I don't think this Keine has history rewriting hax powers either.
>> No. 164926
>>164921
Ooooh! Oh, shit, right!
I really wish you'd brought that up before everyone voted.
>> No. 164927
>>164923
>>164924
What if Keine's power does actually work such that she would be able to see that Reisen was the murderer. When Reimu said 'it doesn't work like that' she was already suspicious of Reisen being the culprit. As such I believe Reimu lied so that Keine wouldn't be added to Reisen's potential hit list in case she ends up being unable to prove that Reisen was the murderer on her own before the next full moon.

Also by not having Keine as the third murder the fairies actually get to force Reisen to potentially commit 4 murders instead of 3 because Reisen will be forced to kill Keine in order to cover her tracks after finishing the third favour.

Therefore Keine is not the optimal target for the third favour as she is already required to be taken out, assuming that Reimu lied about how Keine's powers work and Reisen doesn't want to be caught after completing the third favour.
>> No. 164928
>>164927

>Reimu lied

...to Sanae and Marisa? They were the only ones present when she said that. And both, as far as she knows, are on her side.
>> No. 164929
>>164926
delete works for a reason

also voting tewi is literally going full retard
>> No. 164930
>>164928
Oh shit your right, I was thinking of the first time she said it when Reisen was there in thread 2, I forgot she said it again when Reisen wasn`t there later. There goes my conspiracy theory I guess?
>> No. 164931
>>164926
>>164929

Quote and revisevote exists as well.

We have until rabbit reveals the favor instory to vote on it anyway.

Although the way the votes are counted up I'd wager we're pretty much locked into Marisa unless people jump ship to iku/youmu/tei
>> No. 164984
*a slow clap*
I just read the whole thing through and it makes me feel empty inside. We're all terrible people, except for RabBit who is extra horrible for writing this. Thank you a lot for that, sir, I've enjoyed this in a very messed-up way and will wait warmly for the next updates.


[X] Police the area for any evidence, and clean the blood around Sakuya's body.
--[X] Set the C4 to detonate in an hour or so, and place Sakuya's body next to it.
--[X] Set the place to flood, slowly, it'll be as if it flooded after the explosion.
--[X] Contact Luna over the ear piece and tell her to send the railgun to the place where she first saw you near the west wing, ground floor. Do NOT tell her that the job is finished.
--[X] Tie any loose ends and high tail the fuck outta there.
>> No. 164998
God, two story posts and we're halfway to autosage. I feel like I'm writing AWiY, except I actually update.

Speaking of, updates Wednesday at the latest.
>> No. 165001
>>164998
Almost. AWiY only has one story update per thread!
>> No. 165002
Just to confirm, will we still extract out wetsuit with our vote to tie up any loose ends and leave?

After all, that's the very reason why I, as >>164865, wanted the railgun to be sent to the west wing, ground floor. Not because it was merely one of the locations Reisen can leave, but because it's where we left the wetsuit...
>> No. 165005
>>165002
Leaving won't happen immediately, that would be rushing it too much, even for me. Though right now, as it stands, I've noted that for the future.
>> No. 165013
File 136022581441.png - (0.97MB , 650x962 , 0e69815c4b25d39ab0a75bf3f045991d.png ) [iqdb]
165013
[X] Wipe the Luna Dial of fingerprints, then return it to Sakuya's pocket. Do the same with the cigarette case.
[X] Open the lake valve, and let the room flood. That should remove any evidence, such as gunpowder residue, that we miss.
[X] Set the C4 to detonate in an hour or so, and place Sakuya's body next to it.
[X] Contact Luna over the ear piece and tell her to send the railgun to the place where she first saw you near the west wing, ground floor. Do NOT tell her that the job is finished.

For a moment, you consider keeping the Luna Dial. You kept the Zhuangzi from Toyosatomimi, but... No. This is hers. You'll remember her with something else. You slide the Luna Dial back into Sakuya's pocket: there's no fingerprints, because you've been wearing gloves all night. Her cigarette case you put in the same pocket, just behind the dial.

Grisly business, this. The blood hasn't congealed, and you're having to step carefully to avoid getting it on yourself. Unfortunately, you're not quite perfect, and you get a bit on the sole of your heels. You'll have to wash that. Since the blood hasn't congealed, you decide not to waste time on cleaning up- you're already planning on planting C4 on the body. Evidence of cleanup will just be more suspicious. Sure, the residue from the explosives will be suspicious, but less suspicious than a body with a bullet hole in the head. You lay it on top of Sakuya's body where she fell: moving her would just lead to getting more blood on you somewhere. The less you have to clean yourself the better, and the less suspicious. You set the timer for an hour: you should probably stick around here for that hour to make sure that nothing's discovered before then. Should something be discovered, you're sure that word will get around that a certain rabbit suddenly disappeared just before something happened. And you're more likely to be able to do decent damage control if you have an alibi. You should find Iku again, when you're done here.

You walk over to the lake's valve, and open the outflow valve. Then, you walk a little bit further down the pipe, and open the pressure vent pipe. Water begins to flow. Finally, you lift up a heavy metal drum in the room, and place it over the drainage grate in the room, so that it'll flood. Sure, it'll be suspicious as hell, but there shouldn't be any way to figure out anything from the evidence left. The way this is shaping up, it'll look like foul play writ large, with no suspects to speak of. That'll do, you guess. Proper disposal and disappearance of the body would require more time than you have, and a way to hide the body as you walk out with that. There just isn't a convenient way immediately apparent to you for that, so you've just got to confuse the matter as much as possible.

The water's now a very thin, shallow layer over the poured concrete floor. You should leave before you become unaccountably wet. Before you leave, you reach down and close Sakuya's eyes. “I'll miss you.”

You walk up the small set of stairs, and open the door. Nobody's in the small hallway outside. Thank God. Hiding this would be almost impossible. You shut the heavy door behind you, and check its seal. Looks pretty good. Now, time to distance yourself from this as subtly as possible.

You think about your possible routes, but then consider one last thing. You should get in touch with Luna to move the railgun. You touch your ear, and realize that she's probably heard the whole thing. But hasn't talked to you about it yet.

“Luna?”

Silence.

“Are you there?”

Silence.

Maybe the basement is surrounded by too much crap to get a signal. That's good. You can manage to not tell Luna about this. That's very good. The less she knows, the better. But asking her to move the railgun would essentially say “HEY LUNA I KILLED HER YOU CAN MOVE THE RAILGUN NOW I WON'T BE NEEDING IT.” Yeah. Maybe that's a move worth reconsidering.

Anyway. You've got to get out of here, make some distance without being seen. Where to go?

[ ] Through the phlebotentory. That's got to connect somewhere, right?
[ ] Through the conservatory. Sakuya told you that connected to the Library. You can get back to the party easily enough from there, you suspect.
[ ] Through the tunnels. Maybe you can just completely disappear through there, if you can get it open.
[ ] Through the way you came. It's the way you know and remember, but you've also got to weigh the probability of running into someone, probably Iku, there.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 165014
>[ ] Through the phlebotentory. That's got to connect somewhere, right?
Knowing our luck, it won't connect anywhere. #deadend
>[ ] Through the conservatory. Sakuya told you that connected to the Library. You can get back to the party easily enough from there, you suspect.
We might run into patchy here...
>[ ] Through the tunnels. Maybe you can just completely disappear through there, if you can get it open.
Also another dead end.
>[ ] Through the way you came. It's the way you know and remember, but you've also got to weigh the probability of running into someone, probably Iku, there.
We'll run into Iku and she might spill the beans. On the other hand, running into Iku would be fun!

My vote:
[X] Through the way you came. It's the way you know and remember, but you've also got to weigh the probability of running into someone, probably Iku, there.
>> No. 165015
>>165014
>#deadend

Hashtags? Really? Never again.
>> No. 165016
My vote:
[X] Through the way you came. It's the way you know and remember, but you've also got to weigh the probability of running into someone, probably Iku, there.
>> No. 165017
[x] Through the phlebotentory. That's got to connect somewhere, right?

Alright now Sakuya has both the item she needs (the luna dial) and time (the flood/explosion will take some time) to escape. You'll pay for your crimes Rabbit!
>> No. 165018
Wait... won't the C4 just get waterlogged and not blow up?
>> No. 165019
>>165018

According to my limited knowledge of C4, it merely requires an extreme amount of heat and a powerful shockwave in order to detonate. Both are provided by the detonation trigger, which causes the charge to impact the C4 block at well over 10,000 meters/second. Even if the C4 is waterlogged, it simply doesn't matter; there's no way the water can instantly negate the shock and heat generated by the trigger.
>> No. 165023
[x] Through the way you came. It's the way you know and remember, but you've also got to weigh the probability of running into someone, probably Iku, there.
>> No. 165055
Wish I had thought to put in "Tell Luna to move the railgun y/n" option in this post. In any case, updates Monday, and hopefully another update Wednesday, with a third on the weekend. I'm trying to move back to three updates per week.
>> No. 165057
File 136062159826.jpg - (167.84KB , 700x490 , 948ff06edfc0dc62066af9d7a4d8a86e.jpg ) [iqdb]
165057
[x] Through the way you came. It's the way you know and remember, but you've also got to weigh the probability of running into someone, probably Iku, there.

Well. The boring but safe route. You do your best to put what's happened before out of your mind, before you consider putting the gun to your own head.

That wouldn't accomplish anything and you know it. You know that the fairies would just take that as breach of contract.

Yeah. Yeah, you know. Doesn't make you feel any better. You killed one of your very good friends. At least she understood. You think. You hope. Maybe.

Please.

You're wandering lost in your thoughts through the maze of the basement when you walk smack into a closed door. Real smart. You open the door, and you find a dozing Iku, laying on the floor, happily clutching an empty bottle. You scan the rest of the room. It's not very large, and it's not where Sakuya said the “good stuff” was, but it looks like a small wine cellar. Dusty bottles are on racks- not too many, but enough to get someone right trashed.

Iku opens her eyes to the noise of the door. She sees you, and waves happily, knocking her peach-laden hat off of her head. “Heyyyyyy, Hakurei. I found some wiiiine. It's not Alcohol Dorado, but it's still pretty goooood. Come and have a drink with me~”

You know what? Fuck it. You could use a drink. You walk over to Iku, and sit right next to her. She sits up and throws an arm over your shoulder. “Hey, this is the good stuff. Take a drink, take a drink.” She pushes the bottle on you.

You upend it, and one single solitary drop drips out. “Oh... It's empty, Iku.”

“Did I drink all of that? Let me get us another.” She attempts to stand up, but falls over on top of you, giggling. “Maybe you should get it, Hakurei.”

“Maybe I should.” You gently ease her off of your lap, and get up to grab two bottles from the rack. You hand one to Iku. She flips the cork off the top with her thumb, hardly expending any effort. That woman knows how to drink. She proceeds to chug straight from the bottle. “Ooh, a dry white. Goes well with... uh, other wine! Yeah!”

“Hey Iku, you mind opening this one for me?” You pass her the bottle.

“Sure!” Again the cork is thrown skyward. “Now drink!”

Yeah. This is a good idea. You push your mask up just enough to expose your mouth, and chug away. A nice, fruity red. That'll be a good start to it, you think.



Three bottles later, you and Iku are drunkenly hugging each other. “Hey... hey, Iku, you ever killed anyone?” Oh shit I did not mean to say that

“Eh? How- how did you-” Her flushed, red face drains away to a very sober white. Her voice is nearly a whisper. “I... I tried, really, I did...”

“...What?”

Iku leans on you and starts babbling. “Please don't think any less of me for it, I didn't mean to, I'm so sorry...”

“Uh.”

“He was such a nice boy. And... and it was all my fault. Can I... can I tell you this story, Hakurei? Promise you won't tell anyone? It'll be nice to get it off of my chest.”

“I promise.”

“Pinky swear!”

The two of you lock pinkies together. “Pinky swear.”

She sighs heavily. “Okay. So. It was after one of the earthquakes Tenshi accidentally caused. One of the things I gotta do is help people out, damage control and all that, yeah?”

“Yeah.” You nod, encouraging her to go on.

“So there was a collapsed building. I could hear a boy in there, sounded pretty young. So we had to dig him out. I'd done this successfully so many times before, you know, it got routine.” She takes another deep swig from her wine bottle. “So I was digging, get to this kid, and going through the rubble, getting closer to the sound of his voice. But then something slipped. Then I slipped. And then I fell. On top of some of the rubble. Which... which crashed into one of the partially-standing walls... which,” she's starting to cry now, “which collapsed... right onto him. If I'd just been more careful...” Her body is racked with sobs as she hugs you and cries on your shoulder. “I'd tell him I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry.”

The two of you sit there for a few minutes in silence, while Iku composes herself. “Thanks... thanks for letting me get that out there. I appreciate that.”

“You're welcome. And you shouldn't blame yourself, Iku.”

She shakes her head. “You're not the first to say that. And I know it's true, I just can't stop thinking of what could have happened if I'd done things differently.”

You shrug. “We all have regrets. We all wish we'd done some things differently.”

“Do you?”

Of course I do. “Of course I do.”

She sniffles, and wipes her face. “How do you sleep at night?”

You smile sadly. “Some nights I don't.”

Iku exhales deeply. “Yeah. I know that feeling. I guess we've both got to pick up and carry on as best we can, right?”

“Yeah. You're entirely right.”

“Thanks, Hakurei. I feel much better now. Anything you want to get off your chest?”

Besides the fact that I'm a magical-contractually-bound hitman? Who just had to kill one of her best friends, and will probably have to kill one more person just to make sure her family is safe? No, not really. “Nah. It's all in the past.”

“At least you've got someone competent looking after the shrine now, in Reimu.”

“Yeah. I guess there's that.” And that she'll have no remorse taking me down if she finds out. I really, really don't want to fight Reimu. I'm almost certain I'll lose, and badly. Then there's how Sanae would take that... God, I hope my trust in her wasn't misplaced.

Iku staggers upright. “We should get back to the party.”

You do the same. “Yeah. We probably should. Let's head back.”

The two of you stumble back up the stairs and onto the main floor. As that happens, you start to hear a voice in your earbud. “-goddamn rabbit, disappearing in the middle of a job, where the fuck could she have gone?”

You're going to have to tell her something. When you do, what will it be?

[ ] I finished the job. Now let's get my crap and get out of here.
[ ] Ask her to move the rifle, but tell her nothing else about Sakuya.
[ ] Don't tell her crap.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 165058
[x] Ask her to move the rifle, but tell her nothing else about Sakuya.

Cover bases first; don't want her screwing around with us.
>> No. 165059
[ ] Ask her to move the rifle, but tell her nothing else about Sakuya.

We need an end game.
>> No. 165060
[X] Ask her to move the rifle, but tell her nothing else about Sakuya.
-[X] Ask Luna what's happening, and what the members of the SDM are doing at the moment.
>> No. 165061
[x] Ask her to move the rifle, but tell her nothing else about Sakuya.
Get er done

Wait, Hakurei isn't Reimu? What? Didn't see this coming.
>> No. 165063
>>165061
>“So, who are you?”

>You chuckle. “Can't you tell? I'm the Hakurei Shrine miko?”

>“What, Reimu?”

>“Reimu's just a newbie. I'm back, for one special night appearance!”

http://danbooru.donmai.us/wiki/show?title=hakurei_miko

Why I went for this joke was beyond me. I thought she was a PC-98 character until I looked her up just now.
>> No. 165065
[x] Ask her to move the rifle, but tell her nothing else about Sakuya.
Let's get ready for shit to blow up.
>> No. 165066
>Maybe the basement is surrounded by too much crap to get a signal. That's good. You can manage to not tell Luna about this. That's very good. The less she knows, the better. But asking her to move the railgun would essentially say “HEY LUNA I KILLED HER YOU CAN MOVE THE RAILGUN NOW I WON'T BE NEEDING IT.” Yeah. Maybe that's a move worth reconsidering.

We might want to reconsider this voting trend.
>> No. 165072
[ x ] "Hey Luna, what the hell cut you off?"
>> No. 165079
>>165060

Changing my vote to
[X] Ask Luna what's happening, and what the members of the SDM are doing at the moment.

It's best to gauge what the situation is before we actually do anything.
>> No. 165084
Just a note: we're probably rather close to Iku. Having her hear us talking to someone, mentioning things like "move the rifle" or "I finished the job" is likely to invite suspicion, even if she is drunk.

[x]Whatever you do, get somewhere you won't be overheard first.

Also note that we are inebriated. It would probably be best to be careful...
>> No. 165085
>>165084
Ah, pardon my non-clarity.

>You're going to have to tell her something. When you do, what will it be?

"When you do" implies that Reisen's not stupid enough to do it when she's right next to Iku. So, you don't have to vote for that.
>> No. 165086
To be fair, we've already done something just about as foolish, and we seem to still be drunk.

Replacing 165084's vote with
[X] Ask Luna what's happening, and what the members of the SDM are doing at the moment.

Thank you.
>> No. 165087
>>165058

A very good point has been made. Changing to:


[X] Ask Luna what's happening, and what the members of the SDM are doing at the moment.
>> No. 165090
>>165086
Just one foolish act in a long train of many.
>> No. 165098
>>165061 here
Adding onto my vote
[X] Ask Luna what's happening, and what the members of the SDM are doing at the moment.
>> No. 165109
Was it ever explained just WHY the fairies want these people dead? If so I must have missed it during my archive binge.
>> No. 165115
>>165109
Chaos and infamy.
>> No. 165117
>>165109

We have no idea, even though we have technically influenced their decision to target Toyosatumimi and Sakuya. Their most likely motivation is revenge and chaos, although they may also be doing it simply out of the sadism in their souls. Their motives should be revealed later on, but for now, we can only wait and guess.
>> No. 165121
Someone want to tell me why we didn't IMMEDIATELY tell Eirin about this whole thing, way back at the start of the story? Or why we STILL haven't told her?
>> No. 165122
>>165121

Implicit writefag veto.
>> No. 165141
>>165121
Because she'd never believe us. Rabbit said so.
>> No. 165146
>>165122
>>165141
That's very stupid.
>> No. 165147
>>165146
Hear that Rabbit? Your story is bad and you should feel bad.
>> No. 165152
>>165147

If the characters in morality situations like these always told their friends what's happening instead of making everything worse trying to make everything better by themselves, there wouldn't be much of a story, right? Sometimes, writers have to make their characters do stupid things in order to have a plot. That's how literature goes.
>> No. 165154
>>165141
I never said so.
>> No. 165155
>>165147
Man I've said from the beginning that I'm a pretty bad writer.

>>165152
Making mistakes is very human. It'd be stranger still to have a character that doesn't make mistakes and poor decisions. There's just a remove between the main character and the reader in most of those cases, that makes an action viewed differently by the character and readers.
>> No. 165180
>>165154
All right!
In that case, I'll ask that again. Tell me why Eirin still doesn't know about this, anons. Tell me how you've managed to so royally fuck up.
>> No. 165182
>>165180
Because Rabbit said it was a really bad idea and we shouldn't do it.
>> No. 165184
>>165182
Again, I never said that. Anyway I'm going to get to writing once my tea is done.
>> No. 165187
File 136108831419.jpg - (345.09KB , 410x1000 , f2fc1d30230bbffcd6417c4b200189fe.jpg ) [iqdb]
165187
I feel it necessary to point out that there is a significant difference between things I've said, and things Reisen has said. I have never said that talking to Eirin about it was a bad idea. Reisen has, however, in several instances. While I've never made "[ ] Talk to Eirin" an option explicitly, I've almost always had "[ ] Write-in" there. I do try my best to work in write-ins, unless they're terrible. If they're good but misguided, I'll probably just one-shot-short bad-end them, like I did in >>/shorts/618.

[x] Ask Luna what's happening, and what the members of the SDM are doing at the moment.
[x] Ask her to move the rifle, but tell her nothing else about Sakuya.

You and Iku meander back to the atrium: the Prismriver sisters are providing the music, from lounge jazz to full-orchestral arrangements, and everything in between. You'd really like to have had the chance to stay and listen more, but work calls.

You and Iku sit down at a table with a candle in the middle, on top of a cream white tablecloth. You stand up and pat Iku on the back. “I'll be back, just got to go freshen up.” She nods, and gestures to one of the fairy maids to bring her a glass of wine. You'd been pacing yourself when you were drinking with Iku, so you're only mildly buzzed, not enough to actively impair you. And you're sure that buzz will quickly disappear should you leave through the icy-cold waters of the Misty Lake once again.

You slink down the halls into one of the many private bathrooms.

“Hey. Luna.”

An angry fairy's voice is piped directly into your ear. “What the fuck have you been doing?”

“I wanted to ask what the Scarlets and Meiling and the people at the party have been doing.”

“Seriously? Are you serious? Is this an actual question?”

You frown. “Uh, yeah. It is.”

“It's a party. They're partying. You are as dumb as a rock. Now what the hell have you been up to?”

You decide to just plow on through and not even bother answering her question. “Could you get the railgun moved back to where I left the wetsuit and the rest of my equipment? I'd appreciate that.”

Silence for a moment. “Ah, she's dead, then.” You don't respond. “Might be a bit before I can get that taken care of stealthily. It's important this is done correctly, to avoid blowing the whole thing.”

“How long?”

You can almost imagine her shrugging, all sass and class. “Can't say for sure. Probably at least an hour, maybe more. How'd you get rid of the body?”

There's no point in trying to hide it anymore from her, she got to the point real quick. “Being taken care of.”

“Being?”

“Yeah. Time delay and all that.”

“And when will it be taken care of?”

You think to yourself. You'd lost track of time when you had been drinking with Iku. Has it been an hour already? Would you even know if it went off? “Soon.” Hopefully. As long as everything went as planned. Please let it have gone as planned.

“God, it's like I'm working with an amateur.”

You let your anger out just a bit. “And just how many people have you killed?”

“That's not the point. The point is for you not to get caught, you stupid rabbit. You're not making this easy for me at all. I have to clean up your goddamn mess, and somehow keep from getting caught with you. Because I can tell you right now, that if this is how you handle things, you're going to be an 'incident' real soon.” That's a serious problem. Being an 'incident' is one of the fastest ways to be 'handled'. And that is something you definitely don't want. Not only would you get your shit rocked by Reimu, even if you didn't, there's no telling where it'd stop. You've got to hope this works and that your tracks are covered.

I didn't expect it to go like this. You didn't know what to expect at all. Though... you're not sure you could have possibly done better. It's a bad situation. The worst.

You sigh. “Look. Just do your best for me, okay, Luna?”

“Yeah,” she grumps at you. “Just be glad I'm not on the clock. I'm doing this out of the goodness of my heart.” I would sooner kill you than be in debt to the three of you again.

“Any suggestions on what to do, then?”

“Yeah. Try not to be suspicious. You can leave now if you want, but I won't be able to update you on the status of the cleanup. And your disappearance would probably be noted, for what that's worth. You could stay here, and be ready for damage control, should it be needed. If you do that, just try to put what you did out of your mind, and enjoy the party. Can't be having you look guilty as a puppy who's done something wrong. That's the fastest way to get caught. Do you think you can do this?”

You swallow. It's not a good taste. “Yeah. Yeah, I can do this.”

“Okay. Look, Reisen, you're not a bad person.”

“Fuck you. Who are you to judge?”

“Whoa there. Calm your tits. I'm not the one making the calls, making the decisions. You know Cirno and I are not the ones in charge of this.”

“Fuck her too. Make sure you tell her that from me.”

“You know, she'll probably want to talk to you after this.”

That's... a good point. You could probably make something of that opportunity. On the other hand, you could spurn her, do your best to show that you don't bend to her will. Except I kind of do. Though, it's the little things that can lead to big things down the road. “I'll think on that.”

“What, you thinking of not going?”

“Maybe. What's it to you?”

“Nothing at all, I suppose. I just want you to know, though. We know you wouldn't do things like this if you weren't forced to.” You keep silent. You'll get yours. “Anyway, that's it. I'll keep you updated. Let me know how your 'cleanup' goes, if you'd be so kind.”

You splash some water on your face, to remove the tear streaks. God, Sakuya, I'm so, so sorry. If you had to pick the worst part about all of this though... it would probably be the fact that this time, the second time through... it was all so much easier. That done, you settle the mask back on, and then put the rabbit mask over your face. Time to go out once more.

[ ] Stay here.
– [ ] Hang out with Iku some more.
– [ ] Go find someone else to mingle with.
– [ ] Write-in.
[ ] Leave.
– [ ] Front door.
– [ ] Back through the lake.
– [ ] Maybe check the tunnels?
[ ] Write-in.

And select one of the following:

[ ] Talk to her.
[ ] No, fuck her. She can talk to herself.
>> No. 165189
>If you had to pick the worst part about all of this though... it would probably be the fact that this time, the second time through... it was all so much easier. That done, you settle the mask back on, and then put the rabbit mask over your face. Time to go out once more.
Oh motherfu..ing heck, this foreshadowing is great. Whelp, one or two updates away from vast amounts of complications. Bring it on! And what's with the tunnels? Is this some indication of super secret locations with items?

[X] Stay here.
– [X] Hang out with Iku some more.

Cause I just love Iku.

[X] Talk to her.

I just want to know who "she" is, tbh.
>> No. 165192
[x] Stay here.
– [x] Hang out with Iku some more.
– [x] Go find someone else to mingle with.
Tewi+Iku=hilarity.
[x] Talk to her.
>> No. 165197
Corbit, or maybe Sunny.
>> No. 165198
>>165197
Corbit?
>> No. 165201
[x] Stay here.
– [x] Hang out with Iku some more.

To avoid suspicion, and more Iku.

[X] Talk to her.

Daiyousei? Lily White/Black?
>> No. 165202
[X] Leave.
-[X] Through the West wing, ground floor.
--[X] Don't forget to pick up your equipment on your way out.

[X]Talk to her.

In my opinion, it's not pragmatic for Reisen to linger in the SDM anymore, seeing that she's an uninvited guest in the eyes of Remilia. Staying here to socialize would simply invite trouble later on, since identification would naturally be troublesome for our purposes later on. I know that socializing with Iku is rather tempting, and I'm also interested in lingering in the SDM, but seriously, no murderer in their right mind would hang around a crime scene and stay until either the body is discovered or the murderer is discovered. Of course, my paranoia may be unjustified, but it's likely that Reisen will be identified if she stays, and if I'm correct, it was not in our interests to allow Reimu to draw a connection between Reisen's presence in both crime scenes and the murders.
>> No. 165236
>>165202
>but seriously, no murderer in their right mind would hang around a crime scene and stay until either the body is discovered or the murderer is discovered

So basically what you are saying it's the perfect idea to stay around.
>> No. 165238
>>165236

You just twisted my argument. My statement was based on the simple fact that Reisen has nothing to gain lingering around, since identification would lead to all suspicion falling upon her when it's discovered that she's been around both murder scenes. Besides, all we will most likely gain is a little more character development if we hang around the party, which in my humble opinion isn't worth risking our hand at this point. I mean, is it really worth risking our potentially bittersweet ending we just killed two people, what else can we expect at the end of this run? just so that we can have Reisen interact with the other members of the party?

... On second thought, don't answer that. Since it's clear that Anon is pretty much on the bandwagon to chill out at the party, I'm just being the doomsayer warning you all that this is not going to go happily for us in the future. If I'm wrong, then everything will be good... but based on what's happened so far, it probably isn't.

Again, do whatever you wish. But remember, if things go to hell later on because Reisen stayed at the masquerade, then I'll return to say that I warned you all.
>> No. 165239
>>165238

Mostly, I'm interested in Luna's warning. She has a point; leaving now would make us more remarked-upon. It's better to stick around and help clean things up before taking off. At least, that's my opinion. I could be wrong, but nothing's totally clear in this story.
>> No. 165240
I thought nobody know who we were except Sakuya. Didn't Iku call us Hakurie?

IF I did not misremember that part of nobody knowing who we are, THEN
[x] Leave, back through the lake.
ELSE
[x] Stay and chat up Iku, make it seem like we just managed to loose Sakuya.
>> No. 165241
>>165238

Bear in mind we've already been noticed by Tewi. If Reimu or Marisa ask the people close to Reisen where she was that night, Tewi will probably tell them. Anon is correct, for once; once they find out we were at the party, they'll wonder why we left early, and "I was sneaking in and didn't want to be caught" really isn't the best excuse, especially since the mansion is going to fucking explode. Yes, being caught does present its own risk, but if all goes well than the whole deal could be passed off as a methane gas buildup in the waste disposal plant, and Sakuya's presence there an unfortunate coincidence. Also, >>165236 does have a bit of a point; everyone's going to assume that a murderer would have ran away at the first opportunity. Staying adds that little bit of doubt, which is definitely a good thing.

Therefore, since I think I haven't voted:

[X] Stay here.
-[X] Go find someone to mingle with.
--[X] Try to drop off the gear with the railgun, if a good chance appears.

...that said, mingling with Iku isn't the best plan, even with DRUNKEN OARFISH ANTICS at stake. Our disguise is slightly flimsy, to put it mildly, and if anyone overhears her talking about the 'other' Hakurei, they're going to get a little suspicious. If said person is the current Hakurei, she'll definitely be suspicious.
>> No. 165244
>>165202

In light of the arguments that my fellow Anons have presented, I am going to change my vote to

[X] Stay here.
-[X] Find somebody else to mingle with.
--[X] Koakuma?
---[X] Try to drop off the gear with the railgun, if possible.

By the way, has Rabbit designated a target yet, or is he still waiting for more votes?
>> No. 165253
>165244
>Voting for this will stay open until the third favor is made known to Reisen

I think that Marisa is winning by a large margin, the other runner ups being Youmu/Iku/Tewi.

I'd rather we not kill marisa when youmu is an available choice as to not shoot ourselves in the foot post-favors, but what are you gonna do
>> No. 165258
>>165253
How the hell is Tewi not in the lead?
>> No. 165259
>>165253

Yeah, I've had some time to think about this.

>>164898

This was me and my initial reasoning, kind of a knee-kerk response after Sakuya's death. Upon reflection, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Marisa's death won't destabilize the power balance, and will just make Reimu extremely angry. Focused angry. Better to keep her and Marisa both struggling to maintain things.

Youmu makes a better target. It angers Yuyuko, who is definitely one of the bigger players, and Yukari may come to her friend's aid. Probably a lot more chaotic than killing Marisa.

Plus, there's the sheer drama and mindfuck of sending Reisen after Youmu. Hard to turn down.

Anyway, I'd to cancel my old vote for Marisa and vote for

[x] Youmu

but then the vote's just sitting in the middle of nowhere.

Hey Rabbit, do you want us to consider all of this discussion and do a formal vote somtime in the future?
>> No. 165260
>>165259
Thinking about it. This thread will be long finished by the time it comes around to the third favor, but as far as it goes, I'm not going simply by vote count for that one. Haven't decided quite how to do it. I think what I'll do is take the ones that have the most momentum behind them, and turn them into a specific choice.
>> No. 165261
Yeah, I think what I'll do is pick the characters voted for in this thread and use those as a sort of nomination (as long as they're not terrible) and put it to a formal vote at the beginning of the next thread.
>> No. 165265
Eh, anyone that's not Tewi is fine.
>> No. 165266
>>165265
She'll be a choice, right now we're looking at Tewi, Youmu, Sanae, Reimu, Marisa, Iku, and at least one that I'm going to writer fiat into the final vote.
>> No. 165268
[ ] Stay here.
– [ ] Hang out with Iku some more.

And select one of the following:

[ ] Talk to her.

Who is this her? It is like the mystery box. I HAVE TO OPEN IT.
>> No. 165272
>>165266

No man, targeting Tewi is not cool. Not cool
>> No. 165273
>>165272
None of the options are cool.
>> No. 165274
So here's a question we should have thought about ages ago.

Are Luna, Cirno, and the third fairy eligible favor targets?
>> No. 165276
>>165274

Why would the fairies want themselves dead?
>> No. 165277
>>165276

Two of them collectively hate the third?
>> No. 165278
Well, due to ~school things~ and my trip to Wisconsin this weekend, there won't be updates until Monday, barring finding some kind of magical time device.

Also:
>>165274:
>“Whoa there. Calm your tits. I'm not the one making the calls, making the decisions. You know Cirno and I are not the ones in charge of this.”

Just thought I'd put this here for you.
>> No. 165292
File 136185508093.jpg - (257.84KB , 600x900 , lounge.jpg ) [iqdb]
165292
[x] Stay here.
– [x] Hang out with Iku some more.

You wander back into the atrium ballroom, where Iku is sitting and talking to someone who's dressed as her, but has blue hair. Tenshi, obviously. The two are obviously engaged in a conversation, but Iku seems a bit bored. Tenshi is much more animate- she's making gestures, and occasionally stopping to laugh.

You pause for a moment and take in the scene. Komachi is crooning atop a piano that Eiki is playing, while the Prismriver sisters back her up. Her slinky red dress is alluring. It's always surprising when she does things like this: it just doesn't seem her type of music. Her voice, though... you could just sit there and listen for hours. You snap out of your reverie, and head over to Iku and Tenshi's table.

Tenshi looks at you and smiles brightly. “Hi! Nice outfit.”

You chuckle. “Thanks, doc.”

“So who are you?”

Iku decides to take the lead in the introductions. “Tenshi, this is the Hakurei Shrine Maiden, back for one night, dressed as a rabbit.”

Tenshi turns to Iku. “But I already saw Reimu here! She looked pretty grumpy.”

Oh shit. “Grumpy?”

Iku nods. “Yeah. Like she had just been woken up. She's not here for the party. I wonder what she's here for?”

Tenshi laughs. “Obviously Remilia's up to something! Oooh, I hope this gets to be a public incident.” She throws a few punches in the empty air. “I just would love to be part of one! Gets boring sometimes, you know?”

Iku swirls her wine around in her glass lazily, and uses the glass to gesture at Tenshi. “Don't you remember what happened last time?”

Tenshi shrugs. “Yeah, Reimu beat me up pretty good.” She flashes a winning smile. “But I think I could totally take her this time!”

You take this moment to interject. “Is... is this what you do for fun?”

“What, cause incidents and get people to come fight me?” Tenshi asks. “Absolutely! Do you KNOW how lazy all of the mikos are here?”

“Tenshi, it's only Reimu,” Iku says. “And that's only because she's always the one called for when incidents happen.”

“That's not true! Occasionally Marisa gets involved, or Sanae... Oooh! Speaking of, you know the Toyosatomimi Incident?”

You cough nervously. “What about it?”

“So I heard someone actually, you know, killed her. Like, dead and everything!” You try to look shocked, but the mask kinds of precludes facial expressions. Thankfully, Tenshi reads your body language. “I know, right? Reimu's going to break some kneecaps! But that's beside the point.” By this time, Tenshi's gesticulating wildly, her energy and enthusiasm obvious. “The point is that they brought in an ace investigator!”

Oh. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. “Who?”

Tenshi shrugs. “Hell if I know. All I know is she's supposed to be crazy. I know it's what Reimu and Sanae and Marisa have been working on for a while, but none of them have an investigative bone in their body.” She laughs. “But they don't need to investigate. You see, I know exactly who did it!”

Oh, bullshit. At least Tenshi doesn't seem to be clued in. You decide to call her bluff. “So who did it, Tenshi?”

Tenshi smiles, and winds up for a dramatic declaration, finger up in the air. She then brings it down to point directly at... you. “You did it!” She withdraws her hand, and giggles a bit. “Nah, I'm just joking.” Thank fuck, my heart was started to racing. To your credit, you didn't flinch. “No, no. My guess is probably Reisen.”

Iku takes a sip from her wine glass, as you try to deal with your suddenly heightened heart rate, once again. “You're just quoting things the fairies say, Tenshi.”

Tenshi laughs nervously. “Aha, you, you uh, caught me, I guess.”

“You shouldn't put much stock into what fairies say about that sort of thing. They spread all kinds of wild rumors. Reisen's a nice girl.” She sets down her wine glass. “A bit scatterbrained, but still a good person.”

You try your hardest to not break down entirely. “Y-yeah. I think... I think we should probably not jump to conclusions.”

Iku nods. “See, Tenshi? Hakurei here knows not to prejudge people.” She casts a glance at the stage, where Eiki's deft fingers are tickling the black and white keys, a moody song to accompany Komachi, as she slinks up to a nearby table and softly sings to them. “Of course, there's always people trying to horn in on Heaven's business.”

Tenshi laughs. “You're just bitter because she gets to decide who gets into heaven, not you.”

Iku takes another swig, and holds it up for a fairy to take and refill, which one promptly whisks by and does. “A little. But I look on the bright side. Someone told them that she's overdue on her deviancy certifications. Can't judge someone without walking a mile in their shoes, right?”

Tenshi breaks down laughing. Now you're completely lost. Deviancy certifications? “Oh, man, you're kidding, right?” Iku shakes her head. “Oh God. Is she having to record it for verification?” Iku nods. “And you are going to... acquire a copy of this video?” Iku just grins broadly. “Oh, man. I can't wait.”

Iku takes another sip of wine. “Neither can I. Komachi says she'll make sure it's one to remember.”

You're totally lost. “What are you guys talking about?” you ask.

Tenshi turns to you and smiles. “You know how Eiki's normally pretty straitlaced and all that, a real stick in the mud?”

Iku nods. “Yeah. But she has to keep up on her certifications to continue being qualified to judge people. And that means... deviancy. You know. Whips, chains, all that fun stuff. It's not her cup of tea, and you can tell. That doesn't make it any less funny, though. In fact, I'd say it makes it a lot funnier.”

You look up at the serious face of Eiki, still tickling the ivories. Somehow, her job doesn't seem quite so nice and cushy anymore.

Tenshi elbows you. “We can get you the video of the last time she had to do this. It was before Komachi was assigned to her, so it's probably not going to be quite as good, but...” She winks.

You shake your head. “I think I'll pass.”

Tenshi leans back in her chair, disappointed. “Prude.”

Iku shrugs. “Can't please everybody.”

As this is happening, a fairy taps Iku on the shoulder. “Mistress Remilia has requested your presence.” Interesting.

Iku waves her off. “Let me finish my drink first.” She downs her nearly-full wine glass in one gulp. “Ahh~. Okay, let's go.” She stands up. “I'll be back in a bit, Hakurei.”

Tenshi turns back to watching Komachi. You... might want to do something now.

[ ] Follow Iku. You'd like to know what's up.
[ ] Stay here with Tenshi. All you'll do, following Iku, is make yourself look suspicious.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 165294
Hmm. I want to ask Tenshi about ways to kill fae, but ohshitreimu. And the possibilities for her 'investigator' are absolutely terriMIMAfying.
[x] Get the fuck out.
>> No. 165295
Fucking fairies fucking sabotaging our rep fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Damn, I get the feeling the third job is going to be one hell of a lot harder than the others. If there's an investigator, hanging around can only cause suspicion. Although Tewi knows we were here, Reisen really doesn't need anybody else to. Let's get back to Eientei or something, establish an alibi. Otherwise, connections will be made...
[x] Get the fuck out.
>> No. 165296
>>165295
Only problem is we have to rely on Tewi covering for us. We should grab her or signal her or something on the way out.
And I really doubt Luna is going to be any help there.
>> No. 165297
[X] Follow Iku. You'd like to know what's up.

Never let the CT's defuse the bomb.
>> No. 165298
[X] Follow Iku. You'd like to know what's up.

Tricky. I'm honestly not too sure about this one, but better to informed than otherwise.
>> No. 165299
[x] Make like a tree and GTFO

Why would the fairies risk getting her caught before the third favor? Pettiness?
>> No. 165301
[ ] Stay here with Tenshi. All you'll do, following Iku, is make yourself look suspicious.
>> No. 165302
File 136191811255.jpg - (64.43KB , 650x365 , abusing_rabbits_for_fun_and_profit.jpg ) [iqdb]
165302
>>165299
>not seeing the appeal of bunny abuse
>> No. 165303
>>165299

Luna pretty much stated that they're trying to pin all of the blame on Reisen, while covering their own asses. Quite obvious really, since it appears that they aren't the one calling in the shots here.

[X] Stay here.
-[X] Pull Tewi aside and have a discussion about what she feels about the 'rumors' that you are the culprit.

As of now, I feel that we should consolidate our standing with Tewi and determine how we can stop Reisen's spiral into infamy. If we don't begin to do any damage control right now, I have a really bad feeling about how this will turn up eventually.
>> No. 165304
>>165302
Bullshit. Rabbit abuse is horrible and unforgivable.
>> No. 165305
>>165304
Join us in being terrible people anyway. Rabbit angst can be enlightening
>> No. 165307
>>165305
Absolutely not. Rabbit happiness is far superior to rabbit angst.
>> No. 165308
[X] Stay here.
-[X] Pull Tewi aside and have a discussion about what she feels about the 'rumors' that you are the culprit.

If we can do anything to minimize the chances of being found out for what we did here, this is it.
>> No. 165313
>>165307
I wholeheartedly agree.
>> No. 165318
File 13620300526.jpg - (677.01KB , 1500x902 , 1cac38c41cb5810fe37f694ea1296b43.jpg ) [iqdb]
165318
Jesus, are we already almost to autosage? Well, this will be short, then.

>>164702
>[ ] Go back up to the party with Sakuya.
Sakuya would not have died here then, and you would have had the chance to play boardgames with Sakuya later.

>[ ] Ask her to show you the...
>– [ ] Conservatory.
Books! Delicious books. I love books. Also a Patchy or a Koa, I hadn't decided. Patchy probably, considering I had Koa on the other balcony a while back.

>– [ ] Phlebotentory.
I'm really glad this wasn't chosen. It would have led to the worst option I could think of to kill someone with, it would have been the opportunity to slowly drain the blood from a restrained Sakuya, from her POV. I shudder a bit thinking of it. Seriously, that feeling of your heart skipping a beat because there just isn't enough to pump... bluh.

>– [ ] Tunnels.
Can't say anything on this now. Think we're past the point of relevancy of it, but I want to be sure.

>– [ ] Sewage Treatment plant
Been here, done this.

>[ ] Just chill with Sakuya here for a little while.
More Sakuya stories.

>[ ] Attempt to take Sakuya out.
>– [ ] Just shoot her.
Would have been successful.

>– [ ] Try to shock her first.
Was successful. And managed to break her concentration enough to be unable to stop time. For a short while, anyway. Any more stalling and she'd have managed it.

>– [ ] Make a grab for the watch.
You would have grabbed the watch successfully, then she would have stopped time, grabbed it back, and been all “What the fuck, Reisen?” Because the watch isn't what enables her to stop time. It's really just a distraction.

>– [ ] Use the eyes first.
Would have worked, but Sakuya would not be immedia-dead like shooting her in the head, or lucid like the shock. It would have been... unpleasant. Scratching one's own eyes out unpleasant. And loud. And bad for a rabbit's state of mind.

>– [ ] A bit of danmaku spam to begin with, eh?
Would have failed miserably. Sakuya would have kicked your shit in and dragged you to Remilia.

>– [ ]Prime the C4 and toss it at her. Do you want to blow yourself up, idiot?
The worst idea.

>>164769
>[ ] Use the gun. You can at least make it quick and painless.
Successful, like earlier.

>[ ] Flip the switch.
Very unpleasant and successful. This would probably have even more adverse effects on Reisen's psyche.

>[ ] Put your hand on the pipe. Activate the gloves. Those are copper pipes that Sakuya's fiddling with.
As seen in the update after, success.

>[ ] Let the moment pass.
>– [ ] Then what? (Write-in.)
Likely would have ended badly, depending on the write-in.

On a separate note, regarding a specific write-in:
>[X] Drop to your knees and SCREAM in realization that you're becoming a monster.
>-[X] ... and let the moment pass.
>-[X] When prompted, start explaining that it's either her life or that of your friends, unless you can find a third option.
>-[X] ... and if she makes any sign that she's unsympathetic, take the first opening you get.
I can't begin to explain just how badly this would go. But I'd have written it, if it had won.

>[X] Let the moment pass.
>-[X] Don't kill Sakuya. At all, period, not even slightly.
Probably a more sensible write-in than the one above. I'd have written this, and it would not have gone badly nearly as immediately.

>>164860
I obviously can't go into lots of detail here, but for a couple of the choices I will add a few details:
>[ ] Clean the room and move her to the phlebotentory. No better place for a bloody corpse, right?
Would have led to Flandre finding it, and possibly accidentally kyuu~ing the body. Which would have left absolutely no evidence. But Flandre would have known, and shit would have gotten real, real fast.

>[ ] As above, but the conservatory.
Here Patchy or Koa would have found Sakuya first. They are both significantly more professional than Flandre, so the body would have been preserved. Then people would start disappearing from the party, quietly, for 'interrogations.' Gee, I wonder what that would have seemed like?

I'm also very glad there were lots of write-ins for this, as it allows me to go with what you guys want for hiding a body, without railroading it. I find some of my best writing comes from write-ins sometimes.

>>165013
Each of these were 50% coin-flip chances of meeting the person described.

>[ ] Through the phlebotentory. That's got to connect somewhere, right?
Flandre. It would have connected somewhere: specifically, Remilia's chambers. Which she would not be in at that moment.

>[ ] Through the conservatory. Sakuya told you that connected to the Library. You can get back to the party easily enough from there, you suspect.
Patchy.

>[ ] Through the tunnels. Maybe you can just completely disappear through there, if you can get it open.
It's a secret. But not a dead end. Maybe.

>[ ] Through the way you came. It's the way you know and remember, but you've also got to weigh the probability of running into someone, probably Iku, there.
Iku, of course.

>>165057
>[x] Ask her to move the rifle, but tell her nothing else about Sakuya.
I pretty much straight-up told you twice before this vote (once in this update, once before it) that Luna'd put two and two together pretty quickly. That, making avoiding telling her a moot point that would do nothing but make her more suspicious of us. Didn't say that last bit, but there it is.

>[ ] I finished the job. Now let's get my crap and get out of here.
Business-rabbity. Probably the best way, if you could hide your stuff successfully. You'd be out before the 'interrogations' began.

>[ ] Don't tell her crap.
Essentially “fuck you, Luna.” She'd suspect that you'd finished the job (and get confirmation soon after,) but this would be a good way to essentially give the fairies the finger.

>[ ] Ask Luna what's happening, and what the members of the SDM are doing at the moment.
Thanks for the opportunity for me to have Luna call Reisen dumb.

>>165187
>[ ] Stay here.
>– [ ] Hang out with Iku some more.
As you can see, led to Tenshi.

>– [ ] Go find someone else to mingle with.
Would have led to Meiling, or whoever I happened to feel like writing that day. Maybe our Ace Investigator- you actually saw them once already, but it was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it thing.

>[ ] Leave.
>– [ ] Front door.
>– [ ] Back through the lake.
>– [ ] Maybe check the tunnels?
Can't say anything about these at the moment.

If you guys have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask! I'm always glad to help.

Probably.
>> No. 165319
Also, calling it for
[x] Get the fuck out.
-[x] But first, find a Tewi.

Please wait warmly for updates in a few hours.
>> No. 165320
File 136203233218.jpg - (623.72KB , 1050x1575 , 593cea235a404aaa3d961de5420feb8c.jpg ) [iqdb]
165320
>>165319
Or less. Whatever. This one flowed really well.

[x] Get the fuck out.
-[x] But first, find a Tewi.

You push back from the table. “Tenshi, I'll be back shortly. I've got to go use the washroom.”

Tenshi nods and turns to the stage, where Komachi is pouring her heart out about a cold night, warmed by a one-night stand. “Sure. I'll let Iku know if she gets back before you.”

You stand up, and as you disappear into the crowd, you hear a fairy say softly to Tenshi, “Where'd the rabbit you were with go? Mistress Remilia was interested in talking to her.”

She jerks her thumb in the vague direction you went. “That way, I think. She said she was going to the washroom.”

The fairy bows. “Thank you.” She then motions for a couple other fairies to follow her.

Shit. Shit shit shit. Gotta go right the fuck now, and this mask just became a liability. Can't take it off and let people see who I am, though. Gotta get back to the stash. But the railgun...

You start to speedwalk to the atrium exit. “Luna.”

“Yo.”

“You've got to get rid of the railgun, get it back to Eientei. I've got to go, now.”

“Yeah. They're starting to call all kinds of people back to Remilia: I think she might have thought of what the connection might be. She hasn't called any of my people in to talk to her. I can't tell you what she's doing, but it goes without saying that she's figured something out.”

“Fuck. Anything you can do to slow her down?”

“Not without blowing the whole operation. I'll do what I can for cleanup, and I'll get you that railgun. The rest, you're on your own.”

“Thanks, I guess.”

“You've got some manners now. How nice.”

You grimace, and toss the radio transmitter in front of you. You crush it with the heel of your stiletto as you hurry down the hall.

You see an orange pumpkin trundling down the hall, pushing a sweets cart ahead of it. “Tewi!”

Tewi turns to look at you. “Oh, Re-”

“Shh. Shh shh shh shh shh.” You catch up to her, and she keeps pace with you. The fairies haven't yet left the atrium to start looking for you yet. “Look. If anyone asks, I wasn't here.”

She looks at you, an odd expression on her face. Is that... suspicion? Distrust? “I see the presidential assassination didn't go off without a hitch.” She knows. God damn it, somehow, she knows.

“Look. I don't know what you've heard, but just cover for me. We'll talk when we get back to Eientei.”

“You're goddamn right we will.”

From the far end of the hall, near the atrium that you're making good time leaving from, a fairy spots you. “Hey! Stop!”

Tewi looks at you. “I got this. See you back there.” She turns the sweets cart, and starts to charge down the hallway at a run, from whence you came.

“Hey! You, in the rabbit mask! Stop!” The fairy starts shouting and gesticulating for more to follow her, but Tewi's gone bowling, and she's looking for a strike. The three fairies charging towards you get nailed by Tewi- two by the cart, and the third Tewi narrowly misses, but manages to trip the third fairy, as you round the corner at a flat-out run towards the room where you stashed your gear. You're managing a fairly good clip, running in stiletto heels like this. As you near the room, you start pulling the dress off over your head, knocking your bra askew, as you run down the hall as some half-naked carnage tornado.

You skid to a halt, throw open the door, slam it shut and locked behind you, and start frantically pulling off your clothes. You get out of the dress and pantyhose, and toss those into the fireplace. Thank God this is one of those automatic fireplaces- you merely have to turn a dial to start the fire. Somehow you can't bring yourself to toss the mask into the fireplace- so you leave it on, as you slip into your wetsuit and zip it up.

As you're buckling the last of your gear onto yourself, you hear pounding on the door. “Hey! Open up! We just need to talk to you!” I'm sure. You just want to 'talk'. Oh, I know how Remilia 'talks'. Not dealing with any goddamn tacos tonight.

The last of your gear is on, and you settle the mask back onto your face. Until you manage to change your haircolor back, you really want to keep having that on, just in case you're seen.

You dive out the window and roll behind a small bush in the back garden of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. The pale light of the half-moon illuminates the garden and lake- there are fairies out here looking for people. Hell, Meiling is probably out here watching for people who try to run. Fuck, I wish I had the camouflage suit. I could probably just run through here- it's dark and dim enough that I'd be nothing more than an ephemeral shadow. As you run your fingers through your hair nervously, you touch upon something you'd forgotten you left up there. The remote trigger. The M24 hasn't been fired yet: you're sure that it'd make a perfect distraction for you to get over to the lake.

What do?

[ ] Fire the M24.
[ ] Don't fire the M24.

And:

[ ] Collect the M24 on your way out.
[ ] Don't collect the M24 on your way out.

Finally:

[ ] Escape via the lake. It's the way you came in, and it'll get rid of your hair coloring too, as an added bonus.
[ ] Head out east into the forest.
[ ] Head out west into the forest.
[ ] Head south and go out near the main gate. It's just crazy enough to work!

And, of course:

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 165321
I get the feeling if we choose to fire the M24, we're not going to get it back. At the same time, we need to establish an alibi ASAP, so don't want to take the time collecting it. Does it have our fingerprints? We need to get out without being spotted as well. Do we still have more of Eirin's shady drugs? If only we had another distraction, something that wouldn't leave behind any evidence...OH WAIT WE DO!
[x] Assuming we're far enough not to get hit, C4 THAT MANSION (for massive chaos)
[x] Don't fire the M24.
[x] Collect the M24 on your way out only if it looks like everyone is moving back to the mansion to help. If not, [x] Don't collect the M24 on your way out.

Finally:
[x] Escape via the lake. It's the way you came in, and it'll get rid of your hair coloring too, as an added bonus.

I'm just guessing for the way out. Tbh, no idea what will happen

...

Wait a sec, did we already use our entire C4 stash on the sewage? Crap, I forgot

Nvm, new votes
[x] Fire the M24.
[x] While people are looking, shoot a fairy in the head to look like there's an actual sniper
[x] Collect the M24 on your way out only if it looks like everyone is moving back to the mansion to help. If not, [x] Don't collect the M24 on your way out.

Finally:
[x] Escape via the lake. It's the way you came in, and it'll get rid of your hair coloring too, as an added bonus.
>> No. 165322
>>165321
You've been wearing gloves all night for a reason. Also, you're completely out of C4.
>> No. 165323
[x] Fire the M24.
[x] Don't collect the M24 on your way out.
[x] Escape via the lake. It's the way you came in, and it'll get rid of your hair coloring too, as an added bonus.
We're just going to have to deal with the possibility of being identified. Getting caught would be far worse.
>> No. 165326
[x] Don't fire the M24.
[x] Collect the M24 on your way out.
[x] Escape via the lake. It's the way you came in, and it'll get rid of your hair coloring too, as an added bonus.

Escape quickly and quietly, leaving no evidence.
>> No. 165328
[✓] Don't fire the M24.
[✓] Collect the M24 on your way out.

Firing the gun gets us out now but fucks shit up later on. Sure, we make it out undetected, but then someone realizes that the gun went off when we left, even if they don't know who 'we' are. And odds are, they do know. Leaving it, of course, is out of the question; too damn suspicious.

That said, what wall are we closest to? The gun is on the west wall, and I think we're on the north, so...

[✓] Head out west into the forest.

...since we'll be there already.
>> No. 165330
>Because the watch isn't what enables her to stop time. It's really just a distraction.

Goddamnit, it seems like I'm not the only one who had this idea bouncing about in their head.
>> No. 165331
[✓] Don't fire the M24.
[✓] Collect the M24 on your way out.

Leave little evidence, get out

[✓] Head out west into the forest.
Goin' swimming is not the best if ideas. A wet bunny is a suspicious bunny.
>> No. 165332
>>165330
I was under the impression that it acted as a focus.
I was also under the impression that the entire mansion was subject to Sakuya's spacetime warpery stuff and killing her would cause it to instantaneously implode. Guess I was wrong.
>> No. 165333
[x] Don't fire the M24.
[x] Collect the M24 on your way out.
[x] Escape via the lake. It's the way you came in, and it'll get rid of your hair coloring too, as an added bonus.

>>165332
Considering that Sakuya is able to leave the mansion without everything exploding it could be that the time warp spells will slowly degrade overtime instead of collapsing all at once.
>> No. 165334
>>165332
>I was also under the impression that the entire mansion was subject to Sakuya's spacetime warpery stuff and killing her would cause it to instantaneously implode. Guess I was wrong.

I wish you had said something earlier. I'd never thought of that and imagined the inside-outside incongruity as "because Gensokyo".

That would have been a great way to screw everything over.
>> No. 165335
>>165334

...Delayed effect? Takes time for space to revert after her death?
>> No. 165336
>>165335
Meh. Not rewriting my plan for that now.
>> No. 165338
>>165332
Oh shit, now I'm imagining inception style 'dream collapsing' stuff. That would have been amazing, and made for an even poorer rabbit. Or maybe not, since she could use the chaos to escape.
>> No. 165340
>>165338
-'The deed is done, time to make my exit before anyone notices...'
The Scarlet Devil Mansion EXPLODES
-'Welp'
-'My mansion! Again! Will this ever end?!'
>> No. 165343
God damn it, I want to read this so badly.
>> No. 165346
>>165334
Maybe you could write that in your non-canon alternate possibilities thread sometime?
>> No. 165347
>>165346
If he does he should make sure to include plenty of BWOOOOOONNNNG.
>> No. 165440
Apologies for the lack of updates, our family dog of twelve years died Sunday night, and I haven't really felt like writing. Feeling a little better now, so there should be a new thread soon.
>> No. 165442
>>165440
Let him (her?) rest in peace then
>> No. 165444
>>165440
Man I know that pain. Family got a blue heeler cross (with what, nobody knows) puppy just before I was born, we were inseparable for 15 years before stomach cancer got him.
>> No. 165516
Thread 6: >>165515