-  [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return][Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject  (Reply to 20085)
Message
Captcha
File
Password (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM, WEBP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 126895451991.jpg - (308.20KB, 2200x1239, ba506ff0d8049865bdf07e244d65c349.jpg) [iqdb]
20085No. 20085
For the record, these are links to the previous threads:
>>13210
>>14889
>>15894
>>17115
>>18270
>>18793

And back to our regular scheduling.

-------------------

[ ] Accept Yuugi’s offer.

You look at Kaguya, and then at Yuugi. Then you look back at your squad members, who are expecting a quick answer from you. The oni keeps smiling, ever using the time to consume more sake from the bowl, which never seems to spill despite her vigorous hand manoeuvres. The bridge princess is staring at you, apparently in disgust over the presence of Eientei folks, before she gets another slap on the back from Yuugi.

“Well, what do you say?” Yuugi asks.

You grin. Well, why not? “An extra pair of eyes to guide us along the road isn’t going to be bothersome, is it?” you speak.

The oni grins. “Alright, then!” She throws her arm around Parsee. “And you’ll be accompanying me throughout this tour, Parsee.”

“I don’t want to…!” the elf girl growls.

Ignoring the disdained girl’s issue Yuugi marches forward; your squad closely follows her lead, until you arrive at cliff. There Yuugi points at a place, and as you trail the direction of her finger you can see the telltale presence of a city. “There it is, folks,” she utters. “The abandoned and forgotten metropolis.”

You are amazed; for a settlement located deep in the underground the Ancient City has fulfilled every standard a city needs, and with the peaceful, if not antiquated, atmosphere it’s emitting you swear to yourself you’re walking straight into the hallway of the past. You’re enjoying this portion of the trip, as much as the rest of the girls.

“Say, you said earlier about a dining tour,” Yuugi speaks as your group passes by a booth selling grilled meat (the girls waste no time trying themselves with the underground delicacy). “What’s up with it? I don’t usually see people visiting this place for any reason.”

“Her Majesty here said she’s longed to visit the restaurant that serves fugue whale on its menu,” you speak.

“Fugue whale? You’re the second bunch of people who want to eat that stuff.” Yuugi pauses as to drink from the sake bowl. “Technically, there isn’t any restaurant out here that makes food out of fugue whale, so to speak. Only qualified individuals will make you dishes out of the thing, if you will.”

“Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s go find the qualified individual!” Kaguya declares.

“Not so fast, princess. Do you know anything about-” Kaguya already walks into a nearby restaurant, leaving the oni and you to sigh in amusement. “People from the surface surely are enthusiastic, don’t you think?” You can only shrug, and she responds with a friendly smile as she passes the sake bowl. “So, how about a toast?”

You grin and take a sip from the bowl. “Assuming we don’t end up getting smashed like what happened between me and Suika.”

“Ah, so you met her!” Yuugi laughs, loud enough to make the crowd turn at the direction. “She told me about you. So you’re the Russian who drank everyone during the party, eh? Pity I didn’t get invited to see you in action.”

“My apology for that,” you speak.

“Guys! What are you waiting for?” Kaguya shouts from the restaurant door. “Come on in! This place does serve fugue whale!” You and Yuugi look at each other. Nodding, you rally up the rest of the squad and head to the restaurant.
-
-
Afternoon arrives (only if you can tell it’s already afternoon). The meals are exquisite, and you can never believe yourself to have dined the best dish of your entire life. Along the hour your group’s staying in the restaurant Kaguya never stops praising the chef for his magnificent food preparation. You have to admit, while you have never heard of names like ‘fugue whale Carpaccio’ and ‘dorsal fin and abyss vegetable minestrone’ you are surely overwhelmed by the juicy content of the meat.

Right now the girls are smashing themselves with liquor. You have to be careful in drinking alcohol as you’re aware of your body condition, although with drunken Kaguya to your left urging you to share the glass and tipsy Tatyana to your right pressing herself against you in not-so-modest way you can’t help wondering of getting drunk is an option.

“You know, while you’re here, why don’t you give the mistress of the Palace of the Earth Spirits a visit?” Yuugi suggests. “I’m sure she would appreciate a friendly visit from the surface people.”

“Interesting,” you speak, while trying to push Tatyana aside who groans at the attempt. “How is she? I mean, how would you describe her?”

“Eh, she’s eccentric, for starter,” Yuugi utters. “You aren’t going to believe it until you see for yourself, because you see, Satori can read someone’s mind. Lots of people don’t like her due to her ability.” She takes a full chug from the beer bottle. “But she’s a nice person, and very fun to talk to. Just be careful of her pets and, especially, her sisters.” She nods. “Yeah, her sister.”

“I’ll take note of it.” Tatyana resumes rubbing on you, and it starts getting annoyed. You push her and hold her by the collar. “Alright. What is that for?”

“Aw, captain doesn’t like me being lush and all?” the drunken rabbit asks.

“You’re drunk, obviously,” you utter.

Tatyana lets out a playful laugh and wraps her arms about your head. “But I’m not~! I’m simply enjoying myself!” She lets you go, only poke your cheek repeatedly in silly manners. “See?”

Kaguya laughs as well, and inches towards you until you can feel her chest pressing against your arm. “Come on, Yuri! Can’t you see all of us are trying to enjoy our stay here?” she asks and hiccups at the end of the sentence. “Or is it because Yuri’s too shy to appreciate our company? I wonder~”

This is not going to end well, you can tell.

[ ] Ignore the girls’ antics and try to talk with someone else.
- [ ] Yuugi.
- [ ] Reisen.
- [ ] Tewi.
- [ ] Kogasa.
- [ ] Parsee.
[ ] Play along.
[ ] Suggest something else.
Expand all images
>>No. 20086
[x] Play along.

They expect Yuri to resist as to further tease him, not for him to play along right back.
>>No. 20088
[X] Ignore the girls’ antics and try to talk with someone else.
- [X] Yuugi. She's not drunk, right? Oh, wait...

>fugue
You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugue

Perhaps you meant fugu? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugu
>>No. 20090
File 126895745734.jpg - (119.74KB, 512x384, 8c56569e0d45da831685c1ad32438a43.jpg) [iqdb]
20090
>>20088
MS Word keeps marking fugu as error, and I raged so hard that I decided to not care about it anymore. So yeah. Fucking Microsoft; I spell fugu whatever the hell I want.
>>No. 20091
>>20090
You could have added fugu to the spellcheck dictionary so it wouldn't bug you anymore. Right-click it when it's marked as an error and pick Add to Dictionary.
>>No. 20092
[x] Play along.
>>No. 20093
[X] Play along.

Pass the Vodka!
>>No. 20094
>>20086
Good reasoning. That's how he deals with people.
[x] Play along.
>>No. 20095
[X] Play along.
>>No. 20096
[X] Play along.
>>No. 20097
[X] Play along.

I told you to toast and drink vodka from her boot.

God dangit
>>No. 20137
[X] Play along.

We shouldn't meet with Satori in this state, though. Not sure she wants a bunch of drunken surface dwellers on a field trip/date bumbling around her palace.
>>No. 20142
>>20137
I'm sure she's used to drunks; she lives in an area with Oni after all.
>>No. 20160
File 126939851894.jpg - (1.06MB, 2378x1693, 0af0d36f32e370af3056cea2cb6af227.jpg) [iqdb]
20160
[c] Play along.

You sigh. Trying to ignore the girls isn’t taking you anywhere, and you know what is going to happen if you ignore a drunkard. You understand this, because no one reminds you better than Boris. Ah, yes, Boris, the brazen loudmouth and heavy drinker, loathed by the commissar but loved by your squad. You kind of miss him, actually; he was the one who introduced you to the joy of drinking and getting drunk. You wish he was here, though because you’re certain he’d enjoy this occasion.

Well, if you want to commemorate your dearest, beloved Boris…

“Waitress!” You wave your hand upward. “Fetch me the strongest wine this place has to offer!!” At that instance Kaguya and Tatyana cheer loudly, which is followed by Tewi’s supportive handclaps, as well as Reisen’s and Parsee’s distraught groan.

“That’s the spirit I don’t get to see,” Yuugi coos.

You grin. “If I have to play along, it’s best that I do it the Russian way.” The waitress returns with the largest bottle you’ve ever seen yet, and you waste no time unplugging its cork and pouring its content into your glass. “You want?”

“Thought you wouldn’t ask.” Your pour some into Yuugi’s bowl, and the oni lets out an elated battle-cry of sort as she drinks it in one go. “Awesome! You surely know how to treat a fellow oni well, my friend.”

“So…” You lift your glass. “To friendship?”

Yuugi grins. “Indeed, to friendship.”
-
-
Two hours have passed, and your squad still hasn’t left the restaurant yet, having now reduced to a bunch of overjoyed, zealously cheerful and smashed folks. In one corner, both Reisen and Parsee are whining over the lack of attention from the people, the former even sobbing over her unfortunate fate as “useless bunny only good for sex appeal”. In another corner, Kaguya and Tatyana are saying the verses “from beer I get really drunk” and “so much I pass out” many times, all while an equally less-than-sober Yuugi cheering them. What a strange song, but then again the only thing that’s troubling you is to answer the call of nature.

Taking the matter into consideration you are prepared to leave the table when the lunatic princess gives you a heavy slap on the shoulder.

“Hey, Yuri, want to play a game?”

“I’m afraid I’m too drunk for any game.” You guide her hands with the wine to her lips, slowly tipping more alcohol into her system. You are equally too drunk to be aware of this, but you shouldn’t be worried of this. “Why would you like to know?”

She mumbles some incoherent sentences during mid-consumption, then snaps her arms around and pulls you and Tatyana into an awkward hug. Now what?

“Hooray! We’re going to lose the game again~!” she yells with an unusually cheery tone for such exclamation, and pulls you even tighter into the hug with her drunken strength, then totally latches onto you as Tatyana slips away and clings onto Parsee. You try struggling out of her grip without much success, and it isn’t long for you to find that such attempts are unnecessary as not too long a moment later Kaguya’s arm goes lax and you find her sleeping soundly, using your shoulders as support.

“That’s so unexpected,” Tewi utters. “I suggest that you bring the princess outdoor for some fresh air, captain. Both of you might need it.”

“What about you?”

The earth rabbit snickers. “We’ll catch up with you later. Don’t worry; we know how to find you.”

You turn to Yuugi, who just nods, and at Tatyana who starts sleeping in the distressed bridge princess’ arms. “Very well. I’ll be seeing you later.”

Carefully positioning Kaguya so you’re giving her a piggyback ride, you head outside and straight to the city park. After sitting down on the first bench you can find (and putting Kaguya next to your spot) you take some breather and lean against the bench, relieved that you’re finally out of the confined space of the restaurant. God, you’ve almost forgotten that you can’t consume too much alcohol due to your health condition.

Fiddling with the trench coat pocket, you find a bottle of medicine, with a small note attached to it that reads:

####
Just in case you drink too much.
Enjoy your outdoor trip with the princess.
- Eirin Y.
####


How nice, she even draws a small heart at the end of the note. You’ll have to thank her for the unexpected kindness. Hell, you could use the opportunity to recover from your drunkenness. You take a small dose of the medicine and wait for its effect to kick in, all while you’re enjoying the quietness of the city park.

“Yuri, you’re so funny~” Kaguya’s head starts slipping off from your shoulder and lands on your lap before you can stop it midway. She, then, mumbles something incomprehensible and unconsciously swings her hand towards your face. It lands on your cheek with a soft slap, and Kaguya laughs some more before she dozes off. You don’t react to the gesture, nor you return it twofold; you’re too tired and too messed up to even do anything right now.

Or are you?

[ ] Write-in only.

System:
+ Time: 1310 hours
+ Date: November 2nd
+ Location: City Park

Well, we didn’t get to drink from Yuugi’s boot this time, but at least it gives us more excuse to spend quality time with Kaguya. And yeah, I was too lazy to put up the choices, so it’s up to Anon to figure out what to do next.
>>No. 20161
[x] Adjust the both of you so you're more comfortable.
-[x] Wait for your head to clear up some as you sort some thoughts out.

I think it's for the best that both let things clear out before having the trip progress. It wouldn't do if you and her were both drunk.
>>No. 20165
[x] Adjust the both of you so you're more comfortable.
-[x] Wait for your head to clear up some as you sort some thoughts out.

Okay.
>>No. 20166
[x] Adjust the both of you so you're more comfortable.
-[x] Wait for your head to clear up some as you sort some thoughts out.

This will work
>>No. 20167
File 126954670782.jpg - (12.57KB, 174x182, 1268976232041.jpg) [iqdb]
20167
[x] Adjust the both of you so you're more comfortable.
-[x] Wait for your head to clear up some as you sort some thoughts out.

>“Hooray! We’re going to lose the game again~!”
>>No. 20200
[x] Adjust the both of you so you're more comfortable.
-[x] Wait for your head to clear up some as you sort some thoughts out.

Go, recon.
>>No. 20201
File 126986361398.jpg - (1.20MB, 1920x1200, d8524ce79a47b7238aefad7352c2fac8.jpg) [iqdb]
20201
Well, I was supposed to update both this CYOA and the side story today but due to another death in my family I have to postpone all my works until everything's settled down. So yeah.
>>No. 20202
>>20201
damn...

You have this anon's condolences
>>No. 20207
What happened to Kogasa?
>>No. 20213
>>20207
Eh, I don't know really. Maybe she's sad because she's an abandoned umbrella?

Anyway, I feel a bit better today, so update will be ready in a few more minutes.
>>No. 20214
File 127001976433.jpg - (142.86KB, 1024x917, cf6a1d1dde3ccf1cbc56ec955154ea74.jpg) [iqdb]
20214
[c] Adjust the both of you so you’re more comfortable.
- [c] Wait for your head to clear up some as you sort some thoughts out.


Any attempt to move from the bench will only disturb you and Kaguya, and chances are you’ll just ruin her peaceful sleep as much as you’ll ruin your own moment peace. So, as slowly and carefully as possible, you adjust your body posture and reposition Kaguya’s head so it’s resting comfortably upon your lap. You use the opportunity to run your fingers through her hair; it feels smooth between your digits, as expected from a gifted princess.

“Silly Mokou~ you can’t defeat me with THE GAME~

She’s sleeping, obviously, although you aren’t sure whether the jibe’s directed at you or anyone else. You keep combing Kaguya’s hair, occasionally giving her nose a playful poke and pull back as she’s about to sneeze (thankfully it doesn’t happen). A giggle and you can see Kaguya’s lips curving into a silly-looking smile. Maybe she’s dreaming of something, but you can’t tell.

You look around. Despite the bustling atmosphere of the nearby crowd, the area around this lake is strangely placid; it’s as if the people are avoiding you for some reason or another. Not that you want to complain, since you kind of appreciate this situation. Hey, this is rather nice, spending quality time with Kaguya while surrounded by the quietness of the park and waiting for your head to clear up. Smiling at this occasion, you give her hair one final comb and-

Who the hell’s turning off the light?
-
-
“Hey, Yuri. Wake up~”

You open your eyes. You thought you were sitting on the bench a while ago, so why are you lying on the lakeside, with your head resting comfortably on warm, cosy lap? Looking up, you see Kaguya giving your head a soft massage.

And she’s smiling at you.

“Surprised?”

You throw her a drowsy smile. “Very.” You groan once when you outstretch your arms and legs. “The last thing I remember is that the lights went out, so what happened?”

“You were sleeping when I woke up; I decided that we switched position and moved to the lakeside.” Kaguya giggles and pokes you on the nose. “And that was so sweet of you, soldier, looking after me while I was visited by old friend Hypnos.”

“You were drunk, obviously,” you shrug, “and someone needed to look after you until you wake up.”

“I wasn’t drunk!” the princess is quick to deny. “I was just enjoying the delirious essence of alcohol.”

“Aw, yeah right.” You lift one hand and proceed to pinch her cheek. “I can tell if one’s enjoyed being drunk.” Kaguya puffs at the remark, and it only encourages you to prod your finger on her other cheek.

“Hey, stop that!”

“Not until you admit you were drunk.”

“But I wasn’t!”

“Yes you were.”

“No I wasn’t!”

“Your mouth is all no, but your eyes are all yes.”

“I’ve told you it was just for pleasure!”

Your other hand reaches for her face, and start pulling her cheeks. “Should I tell Eirin when we get back later that you had allowed yourself to drink too much?” You can’t hear any words due to the cheek-pulling action other than a growl, but you assume she’s trying to say yes. Success.

“Jeez, can’t I have my own portion of fun?” Kaguya interjects as you finally let go off her cheeks.

“Then how am I going to explain to the doctor if she sees me carrying you on my back on our way home?” Kaguya’s eyes narrows over the remark, but she chuckles and takes your hands, only to put them on your chest. “Say, Kaguya.”

“Hmm?”

You open your eyes back, to let you stare at face. “Back at Eientei, when you said I wouldn’t have anywhere else to go if I had to leave, what did that mean?”

“I haven’t made it clear, have I?” She coughs once as to correct her composure. “If I’m allowed to ask you a question, how would you feel if you’re forced to live in seclusion and you can’t die, on top of that?”

You don’t exactly understand the meaning of the question, but you’re safe to assume she’d be talking about lifetime sentence in isolated gulag (Siberia comes to mind). At least, that’s what you want to believe, because when you look up back at her you can hardly believe your eyes: honest, truthful, yet melancholic smile carved on her lips.

“Immortality isn’t fun, despite what people want to believe,” Kaguya speaks. “Sure, you can live for as long as you like and never have to worry about dying or getting killed, but when you have lots of people around you who sadly don’t get the privilege…” She pauses. “It does get lonely from time to time.”

“But you already have Eirin, Reisen and Tewi,” you speak. “Surely you don’t have any excuse to live alone, do you?”

She frowns. “Tell that to a woman who has rejected so many men in her lifetime.” Now you’re reminded of Yukari’s remarks of those many men who had fallen to Kaguya (and probably had failed to win her heart). You wonder of how many hearts she had to break because of the gift/curse. “The only person who understands my plight is also my worst enemy, and it doesn’t help me that her father was among those I had turned down their proposal for marriage.”

“I get it, so… why are you telling me this?” You want to know, and you need to know.

Kaguya sighs. “Yuri, what’s happening to post-war Russia is one thing, and I’m sure you don’t want to go back to the Motherland if you get learn of her condition. That’s one reason why I said you wouldn’t have anywhere to go if you were to leave Eientei.”

“And the other reason?” The curiosity, you’ll be indulging on it.

“It’s…” She hesitates, then she continues. “…a little personal. Yuri, would you not mind if I-”

“Captain!!” The two of you jump off the ground when Kogasa pops out of nowhere, startling you with her ninja-like appearance. “Sorry for interrupting, but everyone’s going to visit the palace and they’re waiting for you right now.”

“Try to announce your arrival next time, private,” you speak after collecting some breather. “God, you’re giving me a heart attack.”

The umbrella girl laughs. “Have you forgotten? I surprise people for a living~!” she exclaims. “But since I managed to surprise you, that means I have succeeded!”

[ ] Follow the umbrella girl right away.
[ ] Tell Kogasa you’ll catch up later.
[ ] Actually, Kogasa, where have you been?

System:
+ Time: 1350 hours
+ Date: November 2nd
+ Location: City Park
-
-
I bet you people are getting tired over the constant interruption, aren’t you? Just you wait until the mother of all interference knocks on the door.

Picture related, because I've wanted to find a way to use her in this story. Somehow.
>>No. 20215
[X] Actually, Kogasa, where have you been?

Fill that plot hole!

>THE GAME~
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>No. 20216
[X] Actually, Kogasa, where have you been?

>Kaguya scene
Aaawww
>Out of fucking nowhere, Kogasa
SWEET JESUS WHAT THE HECK
>>No. 20217
[X] Tell Kogasa you’ll catch up later.
-[x] Actually, Kogasa, where have you been?
>>No. 20219
[X] Tell Kogasa you’ll catch up later.
-[x] Actually, Kogasa, where have you been? - Ask her that before you send her off.
>>No. 20223
[x] Tell Kogasa you’ll catch up later.
-[x] Actually, Kogasa, where have you been?
>>No. 20248
Well, calling for the [x] Actually, Kogasa, where have you been? since it counts as majority (yes, I include the sub-vote). Update in a few minutes.
>>No. 20250
File 127026790585.jpg - (377.45KB, 1524x1153, 3f357bb4c5fcda94116d1d7081c936f8.jpg) [iqdb]
20250
>>20248
Disregard whatever I just said. This update was written when there were three votes the last time I counted, and I don't have the time to edit the content. So yeah, here it is.

-----------------

[c] Actually, Kogasa, where have you been?

“Actually, Kogasa. Where have you been?” Now that you remember, you can’t recall seeing Kogasa during the feast at the restaurant. Has she sneaked around without your consent?

“I… uhh… well…” She’s stammering, which means she’s uncertain of how to answer the question. Throwing her sights at you and Kaguya intermittently, she clenches the umbrella’s pole with enough strength to make the elongated tongue shudder in pain. Guessing that she’ll be troubled, you gesture at her to sit next to you, and she’s more than joyful to accept the offer.

“Sorry, captain.” She giggles helplessly as she settles down. “Drunken people scare the hell out of me. Especially that oni.”

“Oh, you’re talking about Yuugi? What about her?”

“She’s scary, and even so after she’s drinking.” Kogasa frowns. “Sorry.”

“It’s alright, Kogasa. You just have to get used to it.” Mental note: make sure you don’t drink too much, unless you want to terrorize Kogasa with your ‘drunken Russian’ antic.

The girl nods. “That’s why I went out for a walk. It’s more fun that way~!”

“Well, did you see anything interesting during your trip?” Kaguya asks.

“I got to see the Earth Palace up close, but…” She trails off; then after a little hesitation she continues. “I don’t like the mistress of the mansion. Like, she can even read my move even before I approach her! She always says this whenever I try to approach her:” Then, as best as she can, she produces a ‘not interested’ expression, complete with an impassive, and begins: “nice try, umbrella, but you cannot surprise a mind-reading master. Better luck next time.”

“Does this happen often?” You can imagine Kogasa flailing her arms in frustration over her foiled attempt.

“Not really,” Kogasa says after quickly casting off the expression. “In fact, when I headed there she looked really happy. Must be her pets coming home.”

“So you were sneaking into her house?” Kaguya wags her finger at Kogasa. “You are such a bad, bad girl. Didn’t anyone teach you not to enter someone’s house without permission?”

“Hey! I wouldn’t do such thing!” Kogasa protests. “Like I said earlier, there’s no way I can sneak in without getting notified.” Kaguya merely chuckles, and the umbrella girl pouts indignantly at the response.

“Alright, ladies. Argument time’s over.” You stand up, make some adjustment to your attire, and turn to the girls. “Let’s not make our comrades await for too long. Private Kogasa, lead us the way.”

Quickly the umbrella girl jumps onto her feet, throws you an energetic salute and heads to the main road. “Come on, captain! I bet they’re getting tired of waiting for us already,” she calls out.

You nod, as so is Kaguya. Following the track of the umbrella and leaving the calmness of the park behind, you return to the bustling streets of the Ancient City and are quick to be greeted by the myriad of citizens. It isn’t that different from the last time you entered the metropolis, and you wonder if you can rendezvous with your squad in this condition.

“Hey, you there!” You turn to the direction of the voice and see a horned man (an oni?) waving at you as he stands next to a peculiar-looking booth. “Yeah, you! Come over here! Don’t be shy!”

“That looks like a karaoke box!” Kaguya coos. “Yuri, can we take a look?” Nothing you can do to protest, so you just nod and follow her as she approaches the booth. Kogasa chases after you when she realizes you aren’t following her lead, and is confused when she sees the booth.

“Welcome, welcome!” the oni speaks. “I’ve been watching you since you arrived, and I must say this is my perfect opportunity to test this device that gap lady has given to me yesterday.”

“What for? I don’t reckon you people want to use this,” Kaguya says.

“Ah, my lovely customer, she said everyone in the Ancient City should loosen up and sing aloud once in a while! But instead of doing overly complicated explanation, and I’m sure none of you have the time to hear my rambling.” He turns to you and hands over the microphone he’s holding. “Let’s have this good-looking gentleman singing in front of us. What do you say?”

You blink. What in the name of Mother Russia did you just step into?

“And because I feel so happy, I won’t charge you anything for this service! Can’t get anymore luckier than this, chap!” the oni continues, ending the sentence with a laugh loud enough to attract some bystanders. “It’s a good opportunity to show off in front of your girlfriend, isn’t it?”

Your what? At this point you swear you feel the blood being drained out of your face, leaving it pale and lifeless. You stand on your spot motionless, not realizing that the bystanders are already looking at you in full expectation, not realizing that Kaguya-

You turn to her. Is it you, or has the remark somehow flustered her?

[ ] Sing. Can’t afford to upset the merchant, can you?
[ ] Throw in some booze! This calls for a massive roadside party.
[ ] Politely decline and tell the merchant you’re going to visit the Earth Palace.
[ ] You don’t have time for this nonsense, and Kaguya looks troubled. Take her hand and leave- oh, Gods. Isn’t that your squad?

System:
+ Time: 1355 hours
+ Date: November 2nd
+ Location: Ancient City
>>No. 20251
File 127026857178.png - (416.16KB, 629x947, 5086a790b062554e388718b76239d52b.png) [iqdb]
20251
Again, too lazy to edit vote, but I didn't mean to discourage you readers from using your creativity. Rest assured, comrades; I wholeheartedly welcome write-in.

Also, Anon: throw in Russian Spetsnaz boot camp, mix it with Royal Marines’ Commando course, raise the training level to Phantasm level, and have Yukari go Gunnery Sergeant Hartman at us, what will the end result be?
>>No. 20252
[x] You don’t have time for this nonsense, and Kaguya looks troubled. Take her hand and leave- oh, Gods. Isn’t that your squad?

If we didn't just spend time getting drunk just recently, I'd have voted for the booze option.
>>No. 20254
>>20251
A person with a broken psyche.
>>No. 20255
[X] Sing. Can’t afford to upset the merchant, can you?
>>No. 20256
[x] Sing. Can’t afford to upset the merchant, can you?
How good can he sing anyway? Let's find out
>>No. 20257
[X] You don’t have time for this nonsense, and Kaguya looks troubled. Take her hand and leave- oh, Gods. Isn’t that your squad?

Miss Yukari, get me the fuck out of here!
>>No. 20262
[x] Sing. Can’t afford to upset the merchant, can you?

Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........liiiiiiiiinka, Kaliiiinka, Kalinka~
>>No. 20263
File 127037160511.jpg - (568.99KB, 1134x1600, dc4e730ecc275fd29c321d5e26cee2be.jpg) [iqdb]
20263
Eh, looks like I'll wait for another few days before the vote's called. In the meantime, here's some not-so-random work I've come up with, in part due to this excellently awesome crossover picture.

This is what would have happened had we started our LA somewhere else…

[c] Greet the gate guard.

Well, she looks kind of lonely. Being a visitor of the mansion, you have the obligation to properly greet her, if only you can get rid of the feeling of being unwelcomed. At least, you know you’re within the safe circle, because from the way she’s performing the elegant kung-fu steps you can tell she’s an accomplished martial artist.

“Sigh…” The girl drops her stance. “I can’t really get this right…” you hear her murmuring. “I could ask Miss Sakuya for a quick sparring, but I don’t think she’s in the mood for that.” Alright, now. You know you can’t speak the language the girl’s saying, so how come you can understand every word that comes out of her mouth? This is disturbing, but after some consideration you decide to treat it as unexplained phenomenon.

You turn your attention back on the redhead. She yawns, outstretches and returns to her post. “I think I should go for some sleep-”

BOOM!!

The ground rumbles with tremendous force that knocks you off your feet. Groaning in disdain over the distraction you turn to the source of the tremor and see a girl standing on what appears to be a keystone. Hmm, a newcomer - or is she an interference? At least she brandishes a cool-looking hat decorated with peaches, with an interesting sword to boot.

“Aiya! Don’t show up and make some mess as you wish!!” the redhead shouts.

“Says who?” the girl replies, rather impolitely. Well, there goes your expectation down the well. “Where’s that maid? I demand her to come out this instance! Now!”

“What’s going on here?” The three of you turn to the source of the voice and see another woman in maid outfit standing at the gate. The person notices the peach girl and shakes her head in amusement; it’s as if she has expected her presence of sort. “You. Again.”

“Yeah! Me! So! What?” the peach girl replies. “You! Come over her so I can fight you!” My, what a rude girl she is. She should receive some yelling for the attitude; maybe a spanking or two will do just as fine.

The maid shakes her head again. “I don’t have time for this nonsense. Meiling, would you please.” Then she steps into the mansion, although not before turning her head to you. She’s noticed you, but doesn’t seem to be bothered; she merely smiles before- holy hell. What kind of disappearing trick is that?

“Aw! Don’t just leave me to fight someone else!” the peach girl whines, stomping wildly on the keystone in tantrum. “Jeez. That maid is not fun; always make me fight the gate guard. Stupid, so stupid!!” Growling, she turns herself to face the redhead, and whips out something from her sleeve; looks like a card, though you can’t tell what it is for.

“Spellcard battle? What kind of boredom you’re in!?” the redhead shouts.

“Shut up, China!” The card bursts, and the peach girl fires a large number of red orbs in a spread formation. In a manoeuvre that is astounding as it is graceful, the redhead grazes the oncoming projectiles and jumps towards the peach girl. The flying kick she’s performing is blocked by the peach girl’s sword, and she gets pushed away before her opponent fires a second set of red orbs. Well, this looks interesting. Maybe you can sit down and watch the development, while enjoying the lake scenery. Right?

Wrong. Because as soon as you do, one of the orbs misses its mark and is headed your way. The speed of which it’s travelling isn’t as fast as you have first thought, and you think you can do the same manoeuvre the redhead has performed. So all you have to do is to step aside, ease yourself so you can graze the orb and-

A hit on your right rib. Then another on your chest. And then another on your shoulder blade. Before you know it you’re rolling across the ground like a ragdoll tumbling inside an industrial spinner. You don’t know what happens next, but what you know is that you hear the redhead’s distressed cries from faraway, and that the world around you goes black…
-
-
You open your eyes. The first thing you notice is you’re inside a room, and you’re being attended by someone. Turning to your left you identify the generous fellow, who turns out to be the redhead you first saw at the gate. It appears you are injured, judging from the bandages you have, although you have no idea of how worse it is.

“You’re awake? That’s a surprise; normal human would be knocked out cold for days after getting hit by the danmaku.” The touch of her oh-so-soft palms on your body as she’s patting your head, and you’re at loss to speak anything, even allowing yourself to sink into the comfort of the mattress.

“…that means I’m not dead?” you finally manage to ask.

“Danmaku is supposed to be non-lethal to all people, but if you’re not prepared to take a hit, expect it to hurt a lot.” The redhead sighs. “That Tenshi… what kind of tantrum she’s having? I know she’s the child of heavens, but still…” She applies a soft massage on your aching arm; you can’t help groaning in comfort over the touch. “I’m so sorry. Does it hurt?”

“Not really,” you answer. “I could really go for some massage.”

The redhead smiles and keeps massaging your arm. “Good thing Miss Sakuya managed to shoo her away, because she was hell-bent on setting everything on fire. She should really get herself punished for her behaviour.” Damn right she is; the peach girl has issues with her attitude, and you just can’t stand her tantrum.

To your concern she jerks her hand away and puts it over her mouth, an expression of surprise sparking out of her eyes. “I’m sorry! I didn’t think we have introduced ourselves, haven’t we?” Oh, so that’s why. “My name is Hong Meiling, pleased to meet you.”

[ ] Introduce yourself.
[ ] Stay silent, but allow yourself to admire the aqua eyes.

inb4 people begging for Meiling route in next playthrough.

>>20262
Damn it, anon. stop reading my mind.
>>No. 20264
[ ] Introduce yourself.

[x] Sing. Can’t afford to upset the merchant, can you?

I would like to see a well trained fairy maid army though.
>>No. 20265
File 127039033232.png - (120.16KB, 785x769, 1210271508621.png) [iqdb]
20265
[x] Sing. Can’t afford to upset the merchant, can you?

http://open.spotify.com/track/38wicLanOGFVTKtkKcSMnn
>>No. 20266
Oh and [ ] Introduce yourself.
>>No. 20267
[x] Sing. Can’t afford to upset the merchant, can you?

Unbreakable union of freeborn republics
Great Russia has welded forever to stand!
Created in struggle by will of the peoples
United and mighty, our Soviet land!
>>No. 20272
>>20264
You rather upset Kaguya as opposed to a merchant?
>>No. 20282
File 127052051333.jpg - (117.69KB, 716x1023, 1270368446449.jpg) [iqdb]
20282
>>20264
>I would like to see a well trained fairy maid army though.

We'll see about that, Anon. We'll see.

The vote has been called, I guess. Don't mind the picture, though; I post it because I thought it looked badass.
>>No. 20283
>>20282


A shame.
Although, either that's a HUGE SL-8, or a small flag and lady.
>>No. 20294
File 127070873617.jpg - (0.99MB, 1440x900, 6b8371bfc413f5aa00b90106090d9833.jpg) [iqdb]
20294
And now back to our regular updating schedule.

[c] Sing. Can't afford to upset the merchant, can you?

The crowd is getting restless, and the merchant is eagerly awaiting your answer. These people, being the party-loving oni, can never be turned down, and you have no choice but to entertain them. Lifting the microphone close to your face you open your mouth and-

"Excuse me for a moment, everyone." Kaguya takes the microphone from your hand. "I'm sorry for interrupting your mood, but this man and I are in a tour representing the House of Eientei. At such I really appreciate it if you don't try to steal our precious time away."

"You sure you don't use that as an excuse to date this fine-looking man?" one bystander asks, followed by wolf-whistles from the rest of the crowd.

"Well, someone as regal as this lovely lady here deserves a gentleman as her sword and shield, yes?" another bystander adds.

"And what makes you think I'm dating him?" Trying to appear as authoritative as she can, it fails to scrub the embarrassment off her face, and it clearly shows. "Just... fine. Can't say no to wild and crazy partygoers, can I?"

She hands back the microphone to you. "Make it quick. We don't have much time to waste here." She smiles afterwards and pokes you on the nose. "And have fun, okay?" Again the crowd hoots and cheers, but she pays them no attention as she steps aside and returns the stage to you.

"Alright, then." You cough once to clear your throat. Then, after looking at Kaguya who gives you a nod of approval, you nod to yourself and speak into the microphone: "Mark my words, comrade, as I, Captain Yuri Ivanov of the Soviet Red Army, am about to blow your mind away." The crowd cheers and lifts their gourds and beer bottles upward, as if saying "bring it on!" You smile, take a few deep breaths and...

"Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... liiiiiiiiinka, Kaliiiinka, Kalinka moya~"
-
-
"Never thought to spend a lot more time with those people," you say.

"Well, at least you didn't get drunk this time. That's good enough." Kaguya quickens her steps, and you make haste as the two of you follow Kogasa to the palace. "But next time, please shorten the song list to just a few. You just made us waste precious time down here."

"Wasn't it you who wanted to see the karaoke box in the first place?" Kaguya scoffs at the question and looks away from you, as if it has offended her. "What?"

"I spoke the truth, didn't I?" she replies. You laugh apologetically; she does have a point, though. Wasting valuable time with overly hedonistic dwellers of the underground when you could use the opportunity to gather information isn't going to be helpful for your future stay in Eientei-

Future stay.

You like the idea, but first you need to confirm your suspicion about the Motherland's current state, and the outside world in general. It has been bugging you since the spellcard duel with Yukari, and you need to have it settled down.

"There's the palace," Kogasa tells you. "We should be able to reach it from here. Come on!"

You follow the umbrella girl's lead, and soon meet up with your squad; Tatyana is the first to greet you as she jumps onto your shoulders and rides on them. "Took a scenic route, eh?" the marvelled Yuugi says.

"Got distracted by some roadside party, but we're good to go," you answer, paying no attention to Tatyana as she nibbles on the Pilotka hat. "What's the news?"

"Satori's home, but I didn't see any sign of her pets," Yuugi speaks. "Follow me. It can be pretty confusing to walk in the mansion alone."

"Lead the way!" Kogasa cheers.

After an uneventful trip that brings your squad to a short walk in the art gallery you arrive at the living room. There Yuugi points you towards a pink-haired girl sitting on a couch, reading a book of sort. "You stay here. I'll go talk with her." Yuugi leaves you and meets the girl, greeting her in the usual oni mannerism, and informs her of your presence. She looks at your direction, frowns, and then nods a little before speaks to Yuugi. After a while the oni returns to you, a huge grin plastered on her face. "She said she's been expecting you to come over."

You can only speculate the meaning of the frown you've seen but you keep the thought behind as you approach the girl. She keeps her eyes fixed on you before offering you a small, knowing smile. "I am Satori Komeiji, owner of Palace of the Earth Spirits. I welcome you to the underground. Please, have a seat." You sit down, positioning yourself so you have the girl directly at the front; Kaguya sits beside you, while the rest of the squad takes their place on the nearby chairs. "Before we proceed, allow me to make a guess: Captain Yuri Ivanov of the 3rd Guards Rifle Division, Soviet Red Army." She nods once. "You are an outsider, I see." You narrow your eyes; how in the world did she get that correct?

"Hey! No mind reading! You're scaring the captain," Kogasa protests.

Satori turns to the umbrella girl, causing her to shrink behind the couch. She, then, looks back at you and offers you an apology. "She does have a point on the mind-reading part," she speaks. "But please. I didn't mean to terrorize you. Make yourself as comfortable as you can."

"Oh, not really," Kaguya shrugs. "In fact we could really use this time to chill out. Maybe having tea together is the best way to spend our time here."

"There's a kitchen downstairs," Satori states rather monotonously. "Feel free to use it, as long as you don't leave mess behind. Oh, watch out for the cats. They can get really sneaky."

"Then I'll go make tea for everyone," Reisen offers.

"Let me help! Let me help!" Tatyana exclaims.

"I'll go with you two," Yuugi says. "Maybe I can find some strong alcohol there."

Reisen, Tatyana and Yuugi head for the kitchen; Tewi makes no attempt to follow the trio as she stays behind, before she decides to inspect the paintings and sculptures around the living room. Kaguya keeps hiding behind the couch, but she eventually relents and sits on the armrest next to Kaguya.

"Allow me to ask this question," Satori begins. "What kind of business do people like you have in the underground?"

"We're having a tour around Gensokyo, and Lady Kaguya has expressed her desire to dine in at the Ancient City's restaurant," you speak. "We're thinking of going somewhere else after this, but that entirely depends on her choice."

"Kaguya Houraisan, mistress and representative of the Eientei," Kaguya says. "We have come to this place in peace, and we have no desire to instigate conflict between our house and the underground."

"Interesting." Satori takes off her glasses; damn, you wish she has kept the glasses on, it fits her appearance. "Only the twin-horned oni regularly comes over. Maybe Reimu and her witch companion, too, but Suika is the frequent visitor." She squints, staring at you so deeply that you think her gaze might pierce through your heart. She giggles afterwards. "My, you're worried that people will think that you're dating Lady Kaguya."

You're at loss of words. So is Kaguya.

"I'm not in the position to judge people's relationship, Mister Ivanov, but allow me to speak the truth," Satori speaks. "Both of you have feeling towards each other. A heart doesn't lie, despite what the mouth wants to say. Also." She squints at you again, only this time her reaction is sympathetic. "You are plagued by your concern of your home country's state of affairs ever since you arrived in Gensokyo. As a soldier who serves her armed force, it is a troubling affair, but you have been unable to get rid of it until now."

"We aren't really here for counselling session, Miss Satori," you speak.

"Please, Mister Ivanov, if there is anything I can do to help you, I will help you." She's pretty convincing with her words, but you can't just believe her yet. "Plus, if you keep your problem to yourself, it will affect your relationship with her and the people in future time."

You are dumbfounded. Never before in your life can a speech as frank as this can have an effect on you tremendously. You wish you had never agreed to visit this mansion, but Satori seems to notice your plight and offers you another smile. "If I have offended you in one way or another, I sincerely apologize."

"There's no need to be sorry," you say. "I was just... surprised." Kogasa titters silently at the mention of esurprise'. "But really. How would you feel if you have abandoned the battleground for an indefinite amount of time, not knowing-"

There's a shadow lurking over you. You look up and are greeted with the sight of crimson eyes, luscious raven black hair dangling over your head, wings of similar colour that are covered in cape, and single ruby "eye" (jewellery? Badge? You can never tell) sticking on her shirt.

And the newcomer isn't amused.

"Hey~" The girl stares at you. "You're sitting on my place."

A new challenger appears?
[ ] Tell Kaguya to make some space so the girl can sit between both of you.
[ ] Offer the girl your lap.
[ ] Satori's couch is pretty spacey, isn't it? Tell the girl to sit there.

System:
+ Time: 1500 hours
+ Date: November 2nd
+ Location: Palace of the Earth Spirits

Current Line-up:
+ Yuri Ivanov (at the living room)
+ Kaguya Houraisan (at the living room)
+ Reisen U. Inaba (at the kitchen)
+ Tewi Inaba (enjoying the art gallery)
+ Tatyana (at the kitchen)
+ Kogasa Tatara (accompanying Yuri and Kaguya)
+ Yuugi Hoshiguma (looking for beer at the kitchen)

>>20254
But we can always ask Yukarin to comfort us, if you know what I-

Oh, wait. That's supposed to be a forbidden secret. Me and my big mouth.


That reminds me: where can I get the Russian Red Army Choir album?
>>No. 20295
Utsuho arrives!
I guess,

[ ] Satori's couch is pretty spacey, isn't it? Tell the girl to sit there.

Sometimes the safest route is to offend the Nuke and not the girl you're close to.
>>No. 20296
[X] Satori's couch is pretty spacey, isn't it? Tell the girl to sit there.

>>20294
>That reminds me: where can I get the Russian Red Army Choir album?

Generous Music Anon here, if you can wait I'll post it on my music variety thread on /words/ later today or tonight.

or you can go to amazon if you want...
>>No. 20298
>Kaguya keeps hiding behind the couch, but she eventually relents and sits on the armrest next to Kaguya.
What.

[x]Satori's couch is pretty spacey, isn't it? Tell the girl to sit there.
Fight~!
>>No. 20299
[X] Satori's couch is pretty spacey, isn't it? Tell the girl to sit there.

>>20298
I think that was supposed to be "Kogasa keeps hiding behind the couch".
>>No. 20300
>took a scenic route eh?
mmmmm.
[X] Satori's couch is pretty spacey, isn't it? Tell the girl to sit there.
>>No. 20302
Generous Music Anon here~!

>>20294
>where can I get the Russian Red Army Choir album?

Check out my "Variety Music Thread" over at /words/. I will keep it there though till Monday.

Enjoy~!
>>No. 20303
>Kaguya keeps hiding behind the couch, but she eventually relents and sits on the armrest next to Kaguya.
Two Kaguyas? AWESOME.

[X]Satori's couch is pretty spacey, isn't it? Tell the girl to sit there.

Better to offend the newcomer than offend Kaguya.
>>No. 20304
[x] Satori's couch is pretty spacey, isn't it? Tell the girl to sit there.

I think Satori will tell her to behave herself.
>>No. 20305
[x] Satori's couch is pretty spacey, isn't it? Tell the girl to sit there.

Stuff it, bird.
>>No. 20313
File 127086100561.jpg - (83.75KB, 1200x750, 6108c4d987afafbc1f69f4a3c0cf2f20.jpg) [iqdb]
20313
>>20303
>>20298
Haha, oops. That's one typo I had overlooked. Sorry.

>>20302
Awesome. Thanks.

And I believe the vote for telling Utsuho to sit with Satori has been called. Commencing update.
>>No. 20319
>>20313
KAR98 or Nugget?
>>No. 20320
>>20319
looks like a Kar98 to me.
>>No. 20340
[c] Satori’s couch is pretty spacey, isn’t it? Tell the girl to sit there.

“I don’t know what you want,” you say and point at Satori. “But the couch over there has lots of space, see? Why don’t you, I don’t know, sit there with her?”

“But this is my favourite spot,” the girl growls.

“Okuu.” Satori coughs once, therefore catching the newcomer’s attention. “You’re bothering the guests. Please behave.”

“Unyu?” She looks back and forth between you and Satori. “Oh! Sorry~! Didn’t know you’re her guest.” She flies over your couch to Satori and sits, not on the empty space next to the girl, but on her lap. “What’s for lunch? I’m hungry,” she speaks, despite Satori’s disdain.

“I thought you’d already have lunch at the surface,” Satori says.

“But everything’s frozen up there, and Orin didn’t bother buying me boiled eggs,” the girl growls.

“Sigh. At this rate you’re never going to-” Satori seems to realize something as she coughs. “Oh, how could I have forgotten? Mister Ivanov, Miss Houraisan, I’d like you to meet Utsuho.” The girl nonchalantly waves at you and proceeds to pester her with questions on food. “She’s one of my pets, a Hell raven. Okuu, stop rubbing on me.”

“But I’m hungry,” Utsuho mumbles.

Just as Satori’s about to give up Reisen and Co. arrives, a faint smell of bun penetrating your nose as they walk into the living room. “Tea’s ready,” Reisen announces she and Tatyana prepare the tea. “And we found some egg buns inside the fridge and reheated them. Is it alright if we serve them along?”

“Eggs!” Utsuho floats off Satori and takes one of the buns from the plate. Ignoring Satori’s reprimand she munches the bun, an euphoric smile emerging from her face followed by a happy sigh. “Tastes so good~”

“This tea tastes good! Where did you get this?” Kaguya asks as she sips the beverage.

“English tea,” Satori answers with a smile. “Appropriate choice for afternoon tea session. Too bad we run out of cookies to go together with it.”

“Yeah, that would be more awesome. Right, Yuri?” Kaguya asks.

You want to answer, but Aya’s article’s mention of Utsuho seeking for a fight with you at Eientei starts knocking your head. You want to bring that up but seeing that the raven girl is in a deep state of euphoria you decide not to talk about it. “I’m not really a tea person,” you shrug and bite a chunk of the bun. “But I suppose it doesn’t hurt to indulge in Gensokyo’s tradition, does it?”

“Come on, Yuri! In Gensokyo, tea party calls you,” Kaguya continues. “And you cannot say no to that!”

You nod lightly. “I’ll think of it.”

“Hey, captain!” You turn to Yuugi, holding vodka bottle in her hand. “Catch!” You catch the bottle, unplug the cap and drink up, all while Yuugi laughs and drinks from the bowl. “I knew you’re going to be a good fellow of the Oni. Speaking of which. Hey, Okuu!”

“Unyu?”

“Aren’t you supposed to be with Orin, like, right now?” Yuugi asks.

“Ah! Orin! She, she said she wanted to hang around at Reimu’s place until evening,” Utsuho answers, her mouth muffled with partially munched egg bun.

“Good grief, what is she up to again there,” Satori sighs. “Looks like you’re not going to see her today, Mister Ivanov.”

“I’m fine with it,” you say and take another chug of vodka.
-
-
After spending an hour at the palace you decide that it’s time to head back to the surface. Satori expresses her gratitude for having visitors from Eientei, while Yuugi says she’s going to take you to a major Oni gathering on your future visit. You have to be grateful that neither Satori nor Utsuho mentioned the article, because you’re certain the consequences aren’t going to be pretty.

At least you know the underground folks like to party.

“Where are we going to after this?” you ask as your squad walks out of the entrance cave. “I know we’re done with the underground for now, so…”

“Since I feel so refreshed from our trip down there, how about we let Yuri decide where we should go next?” Kaguya’s suggestion promptly receives majority support from members of the squad. “The majority has spoken their voice. It’s your call, captain.”

You scratch your head. You have never thought of this before, but you have the power to make the decision. You can head back to Kourindou and bring your supply back to base; the grenade launcher looks very handy when Rinnosuke demonstrated it. You can also return to Eientei, seeing that there’s nothing more to do afterwards. Or you can spend more time and visit one more place before heading home.

You turn to your squad. They’re staring at you, eagerly awaiting your answer. Good grief, the way they’re looking at you, it’s almost as if they’re trying to defeat you in a staring game.

“Alright, squad.” You sigh. “We’re heading to…”

Pick two.
[ ] Human Village.
[ ] Temple of Bishamonten.
[ ] Misty Lake.
[ ] Youkai Mountain.
[ ] Kourindou.
[ ] Eientei.

System:
+ Time: 1600 hours
+ Date: November 2nd
+ Location: surface

Current Line-up:
+ Yuri Ivanov
+ Kaguya Houraisan
+ Reisen U. Inaba
+ Tewi Inaba
+ Tatyana
+ Kogasa Tatara

Current inventory:
+ Winter uniform.
+ Trench coat.
+ 30mm lucky charm.
+ Bayonet.
+ Pilotka hat.
+ M1911A1.
+ Colt Anaconda.

Yes, several locations are omitted from the list on purpose. This is due to Yukari wanting to take Yuri on a personal tour around Gensokyo (and the outside world especially Pripyat). And that doesn’t include the pending Yakumo Corp training programme.

With this done, I'm going to be away for a week as usual.
>>No. 20341
[x] Temple of Bishamonten.

Let's visit the new folks. Though I wouldn't mind if we checked out say teh Misty lake or Youkai mountain.
>>No. 20342
[X] Temple of Bishamonten.
[X] Kourindou.

Meet the recent arrivals, then resupply and RTB.
>>No. 20343
[x] Temple of Bishamonten.
Yeah.
They should totally go to Misty lake at dusk, but it's kinda early for that.
>>No. 20344
[X] Temple of Bishamonten.
>>No. 20355
[X] Temple of Bishamonten.

Why not, etc.

In the future, you should have the inventory with ammocount and what weapons squadmembers are equipped with, like:

Current inventory:
+ Winter uniform.
+ Trench coat.
+ 30mm lucky charm.
+ Bayonet.
+ Pilotka hat.
+ M1911A1. (7+14)
+ Colt Anaconda. (6+12) (Equipped to Reisen)

Or something.
Unless we actually do have the Anaconda.
>>No. 20359
I wonder if there's a way to check faction relations (as to make sure we don't accidentally blunder into enemy territory)
>>No. 20360
A quick check.

>>20355
Well, yeah, I kind of forgot to do that. Thanks.

>>20359
I don't know, since I haven't figured out who's going to be our enemy in Gensokyo. Unless...
>>No. 20361
[X] Temple of Bishamonten.
[X] Youkai Mountain.
>>No. 20365
>Temple of Bishamonten
Byakuren's place?

I think it's called the Myouren Temple. Pretty sure she named it after him.
>>No. 20366
File 127104731819.jpg - (330.95KB, 1117x734, af7af9f6c9e53fc9ed93667b6a6f4e46.jpg) [iqdb]
20366
>>20365
Really? I always assume it's named Temple of Bishamonten.
>>No. 20380
[X] Misty Lake.
[X] Youkai Mountain.
>>No. 20392
>>20360
I mean just for general reference, since I think there's no enemies, just neutral at best. But I think I got carried away with the fact we're setting up a possible connection between Eientei and the Earth Palace.

Just ignore it.
>>No. 20427
File 127129785419.png - (358.60KB, 800x1076, 4d8cd84e727032d4e563500789a5f24a.png) [iqdb]
20427
With the side story done, I'll begin my work on this LA and have it updated by this weekend. I wonder what Yuri will think if he stumbles across Nue who decides to make fun of his hatred towards the Nazis...
>>No. 20439
File 127132489419.jpg - (29.27KB, 500x335, 1209048417anazizombieit3.jpg) [iqdb]
20439
>>20427

Time for some Nazi Zombies!
>>No. 20489
File 12714935268.png - (594.39KB, 600x827, b9710c4392ba88f5322c8bd2ff53f2aa.png) [iqdb]
20489
Quick post, since I'm heading off for dinner after this.

------------

[c] Temple of Myouren.

“Ah! I know! Let’s go to my place!” At once your march halts, and you look at Kogasa who just sheepishly giggles as she realizes what she has done. “Sorry. I thought we could go to the temple. I mean, it’s getting late, and I don’t-”

“Halt.” You lift your hand. “I understand your sentiment, and I really do. Squad, let’s do her a favour and take her home.”

“Sounds like a plan to me,” Tewi says.

Kaguya and Reisen nod. “Good idea,” the princess says. “I want to walk around a bit longer, actually.”

“Hooray! More places to visit!” Tatyana cheers.
-
-
“So, tell me,” you say as the squad makes a detour to the temple, closely following Kogasa’ lead. “How does the Myouren Temple look like? Who’s living and looking after the place?”

“It isn’t exactly our home,” Kogasa answers. “Byakuren’s home is just nearby, but we usually gather there during the day. People often visit the temple because Byakuren, well…” She falters, but then she continues. “Eh, how should I describe her? Maybe… maybe it’s better if I introduce you to everyone once we get there!”

Oh, Kogasa. You just don’t realize how adorable you are in that display innocence.

“Not a problem with us here,” Kaguya speaks. “In fact, I heard rumours that the master of the temple is out to challenge Moriya Shrine at the court on the account of discrimination against youkai.” Discrimination against what now?

“It’s not true!” Kogasa protests. “Byakuren only wants to treat human and youkai as equal, nothing more! Though…” She falters again. “I don’t like the green miko. She always wants to make my life miserable.” She sighs. “I really want to make her eat those words…”

“So that makes Byakuren a Communist?” Kaguya glances at you. “Hey, Yuri, I think you have found yourself a comrade. That’s good, isn’t it?”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” you shrug.

In the end, after an uneventful tour your squad has arrived at the temple. Kogasa looks overly excited as she finally reaches the place she calls home, but something doesn’t seem right. It’s almost as if your presence isn’t welcomed by the temple, and despite Kogasa’s claim that the Byakuren person welcomes everyone with open arm, you can’t help feeling

“You alright, Yuri?” Kaguya asks. “You don’t look fine.”

“I don’t like this feeling,” you murmur. “Don’t you think this temple is a bit… off-place?”

“What do you mean?” she asks again.

“I don’t know. It’s just…” You spot a man standing near the entrance gate. When the soldier notices you, he throws the cigarette and spits the ground in disgust. He must be an outsider, just like you, but why the reaction he gave you? He, then, looks at the temple and turns at you, his eyes narrowing in disdain, before he walks towards you. Your legs freeze, not because of the icy cold ground, or the sudden gust of chilling wind over the area.

It’s because the man is a German soldier.

“Du russisches Schwein!” he screams. “Du hättest lieber tot bleiben sollen!” He starts insulting you and the Motherland, complete with his mockery over the battle of Stalingrad. Occasionally he praises the Fuhrer and sings the anthem of the Third Reich to further fuel your anger. You are at loss of words over what is happening, but eventually this is getting out of control.

[ ] Punch the hell out of the German.
[ ] Counter the insult with your own. Flip at him for extra measure.
[ ] You are in demilitarized zone. No armed conflict. No fist fight. Negotiation only.

I’d have gone with the “RAMIREZ!” skit but that’s not going to work. Besides Nue is trolling us with her shape-shifting ability. Deal with her accordingly, Anon.

System:
+ Time: 1620 hours
+ Date: November 2nd
+ Location: Temple of Myouren

Destinations:
[c] Hakurei Shrine.
[c] Kourindou.
[c] Underground.

[c] Temple of Myouren.
[ ] Human Village.
[ ] Misty Lake.
[ ] Youkai Mountain.
>>No. 20490
[X] Fire!
>>No. 20495
[x] You are in demilitarized zone. No armed conflict. No fist fight. Negotiation only.

I think this would best respect the spirit of Byakuren's wishes.
>>No. 20497
[x] Punch/Danmaku the hell out of the German.
Completely impossible to guess that it's a troll without huge amounts of meta.
Besides, even if he finds out somehow, what does it matter? She insulted his homeland, he kicked the crap outta Marisa for a lot less.
Danmaku is added just in case the punch doesn't work and because I'd like to think that, even when enraged, he'd go for non-letal weapons.
>>No. 20498
[X] Punch the hell out of the German.


Because it's not like Yuri actually knows what's happening, and insulting the motherland is too far. Might change this choice later though, if it doesn't update when I come back.
>>No. 20499
[x] You are in demilitarized zone. No armed conflict. No fist fight. Negotiation only.
>>No. 20500
>[ ] You are in demilitarized zone. No armed conflict. No fist fight. Negotiation only.
hmm... hang on a sec.

>[ ] Punch the hell out of the German.
Something tells me if it's Nue, she'll keep on with the disguise, so...

[X] You are in demilitarized zone. No armed conflict. No fist fight. Negotiation only.
>>No. 20501
[X] You are in demilitarized zone. No armed conflict. No fist fight. Negotiation only.
Final Destination.

If Byakuren notices how one-sided the insulting is, she'll intervene on Yuri's behalf.
>>No. 20502
[X] You are in demilitarized zone. No armed conflict. No fist fight. Negotiation only.

I'm sure Yuri got some standards in regards to combat situations; plus if the kraut tries something...
>>No. 20508
[X] Punch the hell out of the German.
>>No. 20510
Swastika is a reverse manji (卍).

[x] Ask Kogasa if Byakuren picked him up because she likes his swastika.
[x] Mimic a pistol firing with your thumb and forefinger. Give him a 'bang!' and a wink for good measure.
[x] Don't initiate any violent action, but feel free to return fire/danmaku if fired upon.

The second part is useful because the implicit meaning of the gesture transcends the language barrier, since I'm not sure that flipping the bird is so universal. Also, this should be familiar to your Eientei entourage.

If angry German draws on you, then you have the right to gun him down in self-defense. Until then, you'll just have to deal.
>>No. 20511
>>20510
Yuri is not the winking type, he'd be more likely to do whatever Russians do to flip the finger. And are you sure that's actually a German soldier and not a certain mischievous shape shifter?

>>20497
Marisa was never by a temple/shrine/church/village, and she stole his precious thing. But Yuri is by the Temple and possibly in the village.
>>No. 20515
[X] Punch the hell out of the German.
>>No. 20517
[X] Beat the shit out of the German. Nobody insults the Motherland.

Nobody.
>>No. 20518
[X] You are in demilitarized zone. No armed conflict. No fist fight. Negotiation only.
>>No. 20524
[X] You are in a demilitarized zone. No armed conflict. No fist fights. Negotiation only. Final Destination.
>>No. 20527
File 127158130416.jpg - (509.40KB, 1078x1107, 6dbe0c0a1156212bd305d2d1c445e4cb.jpg) [iqdb]
20527
You are in a demilitarized zone. No armed conflict. No fist fights. Negotiation only. Final Destination.

Indeed, the vote has been called. Update should be ready in a couple of days.

>>20510
>wink for good measure.
But our character lacks the charisma.
>>No. 20529
[X] You are in demilitarized zone. No armed conflict. No fist fight. Negotiation only.
>>No. 20536
File 127165640736.jpg - (159.49KB, 700x700, b22f75727e3fdb09a4c868fd331a13a9.jpg) [iqdb]
20536
There’s a difference between working on an update while sitting on the floor and using the chair. When you’re floored, you tend to get distracted by the sense of being very close to the ground, especially if you’re seated on mattress.

Anyway, I’ll provide download links for packed archives of all the previous threads, including the original documents of the LA. With this done, let’s proceed to the next waypoint.
-
-
[c] You are in demilitarized zone. No armed conflict. No fist fight. Negotiation only. Final destination.

Hold on a second. Why would this German insult his fellow/enemy at a holy ground? What kind of bullshit is this? You are, to your judgment, inside a demilitarized zone, so armed conflict is out of the question. You can’t resort to fist fight, either, seeing that the current situation will not swing to your favour should you do so.

This can only mean one thing.

“Stand on your ground.” The insult stops, and the German soldier stares at your group. “We come to this place in peace, and I believe we are standing in demilitarized zone. Please, refrain yourself from using verbal abuse; maybe we can settle down and talk.” You know you can remain calm under pressure and as cool as cucumber, but what about the rest of your squad?

“Yeah! You should feel bad for insulting the captain!” Well, there goes your answer. “Nobody insults him and the Motherland! Nobody!” Tatyana’s annoyed, and her anger clearly shows from the way she’s shaking her fist at the German.

“Watch your mouth, boy. You don’t live long enough to insult any of us here,” Tewi snarls. “Or perhaps you want this old rabbit to teach you a painful lesson?”

“What do you want, Russian?” Finally, someone else who speaks common language.

“We’re in a field trip, and I do believe that we represent the house of Eientei,” you answer. “At such, we have no desire to spark conflict between us and the temple of Myouren.” For a while, the German seems surprised at the response. He examines each and every one of you, his wild eyes burning in contained fury. You hope he’d make up his mind and let you through the gate, issuing you an apology to show you he didn’t mean to be hostile.

You were wrong.

“Nein! Nein Nein Nein Nein Nein Nein NEIN!!!” He starts insulting you again, this time drawing out a knife and pointing it at you. “You are the enemy of the Fatherland! Leave this place at once, or suffer the consequences!” He’s now issuing you a challenge? Oh, man. Either he has an issue with his anger, or he’s plainly looking for trouble. Whatever the reason is, Tewi starts cracking her fists while Tatyana is getting ready to wrestle the ill-mannered man.

“Nue.” The moment the German turned around, a hard chop lands on his head, promptly knocking him off his tantrum. You watch in intrigue, as a woman in black/white dress with gradient-shaded hair (is it you, or is the colour switching from brown to purple) is standing in front of the soldier. “How many I have told you not to scare off our visitors?” she reprimands.

“But milady! These people are the intruders!” the German protests. “I must do whatever it takes to protect this piece of land!”

“Nue.” The woman smiles. “I have made myself clear, have I not?” The words are carried in gentle speech but underneath them a harsh, unforgiving discipline lays hidden. You can tell, because in that instant the German is silenced and stands in full attention. This woman must be good in drill training.

“Hello, Byakuren!” Kogasa greets the woman.

“My, if it isn’t Kogasa,” the woman says. “Did you have fun at the outside?”

“Very much so!” the umbrella girl answers. “And I want to introduce you to these people! They’ve been nice to me, especially the captain. He even let me join his squad!”

“Oh, my. Really?” She turns her attention to you. “That was a pleasant surprise. I hope Kogasa didn’t cause you much trouble, dear sir.”

“She’s a nice girl,” you tell her. “Except when she ambushed on us at the underground.” You memory returns to the lake garden when Kogasa ninja-pounced at you and Kaguya. Seriously, she needs to learn when to sneak on people at the right time and at the right place.

The woman giggles. “She like surprising people, that’s what she’s best at.” She hits the German on the head again as he starts complaining. “Alright, then. Nue, I want you to transform back to your true form and go prepare the guestroom. We can’t afford to let our visitors here stand and freeze themselves, can we?”

Wait. What now?

Engulfed in a bright light, the German disappears from sight and replaced by a girl in all-black, body-hugging dress that clearly shows off her finely developed figure. Three razor-sharp, scythe-like scarlet wings spread out to one side from behind her, matched by three blue tentacles on the other. The most striking of all, however, is the fact that she’s wearing pair of black stockings that end an inch or so below the frills of the skirt, enough to reveal a small, drool-worthy portion of her seductive thighs.

This girl is a natural-born temptress.

“Jeez, when I was about to reach the most fun part of all,” Nue complains.

“Now, now, Nue,” the woman speaks and gives the girl a comforting pat on the head. “And I must apology on behalf of her. She can be… quite mischievous at time.”

“Next time she tries that again, she’s dead,” Tewi replies. “I mean, come on! She’s got better disguises to choose from, and she has to troll us as a German?” Nue responds by sticking out her tongue at Tewi, much to your earth rabbit comrade’s anger, and she stares at you in disgust before she returns to the temple. “Gods, I so fucking hate shape-shifters,” Tewi snarls.

“I’m sure she only wanted to have fun with us, though,” Reisen says.

“Whatever, dude,” Tewi shrugs.

The woman turns back to you. “My name is Byakuren. I welcome you to the Temple of Myouren.” She extends her arm towards the house. “So, shall we?” Your squad follows her to the temple and head to the guestroom. “I run this temple as a Buddhist monk, but we sleep at our home not far from the village,” Byakuren speaks. “We do gather here from time to time, but only on special occasion. Like today.”

“What about today?” you ask.

Byakuren smiles. “I reckon that you’re already feeling cold from the outdoor trip, so would you like to have tea to warm up?” she asks.

“Teatime is always awesome,” Kaguya says. “If this place serves scone, it will even be lovelier.”

Byakuren smiles. “I’ll have the requested meal ready. Please wait for a moment. Now where is that Shou-” Reisen offers to help, which pleasantly surprises the woman. “My, you don’t have to be this generous, but I suppose I could have some extra hands to help Come with me, dear.”

You sit down. Marvelled by the very Buddhism feeling the temple radiates, you kind of wonder why Byakuren doesn’t just bring your squad straight to her home, but that isn’t the major concern. As far as you can tell, this is the best opportunity to relax, indulge in this peace and take it easy.

Your moment of serenity is shattered when a girl with an oversized anchor storms in and looks around the room. “Did anyone see Miss Byakuren?” She repeats the question out loud, but no one in your squad is answering. “Bah! Why isn’t anyone answering? I need to ask her something!”

She turns to you. “You! You don’t look very familiar to me.” Oh, so she does notice you. “You know where Miss Byakuren is?”

“We don’t have time for your bickering, sailor girl. Watch your manners,” Tewi interjects.

“Sailor girl? Sailor girl? Oh, please!” She removes the anchor and places it on the floor with a loud thud that knocks Tatyana off her feet. “You have never heard of the name Captain Murasa Minamitsu, have you? Well, you all are in a bad, bad time, because this Captain just had a bad, BAD day today!”

Well, this girl certainly has the attitude to begin with.

[ ] Introduce yourself. Nicely.
[ ] Wait for Byakuren to show up first.
[ ] Stay silent.
[ ] WHAT KIND OF SHIT YOU’RE TRYING TO FEED ME, CABIN BOY? GIVE ME TWENTY!!
-
-
Suddenly, CAPTAIN MURASA.

Well, yeah, it’s already obvious that our introduction sequence doesn’t even need a vote, but I put them there to see if we can make use of our diplomacy skill (if you want to disregard the votes and provide write-ins, I’m fine with it). Also, Status Check after this.

Not going for the creepy pseudo-incest Byakuren here, folks. We already have Mind the Gap to cover that. And stop imagining Nue speaking in German like Dr. Richtofen or TF2 Medic. That’d be even stranger.
>>No. 20537
File 127165686087.jpg - (1.56MB, 1000x1412, b46b9de3aae17f1d102832b3ee9317f2.jpg) [iqdb]
20537
Name: Yuri Ivanov
Rank: Captain
Unit: Third Guards Rifle Division
Allegiance: Soviet Union (may change)

Health: 80%
Magic: limited
Stamina: low (and recovering)

Basic Skills:
+ Basic Machinery I
+ Basic Outback Cooking I
+ Basic Danmaku I
+ Basic Leadership I
+ Weapons Identification I
+ Spellcard Battle I
+ Night Warfare I
+ Diplomacy I

Intermediate Skills:
+ Firearms II
+ Urban Warfare II
+ Sniping II
+ Hand-to-Hand Combat II
+ Closed Quarter Combat II

Advanced Skills:
+ None.

Skills Pending:
+ Flight
+ Arctic Warfare (no, not the sniper rifle)
+ Camouflage

Inventory:
+ A water bottle.
+ A pair of boots.
+ Clean clothes.
+ Pilotka hat.
+ Lucky charm made from a Bf109’s 30mm shell.
+ A photograph of your regiment.
+ A bayonet.
+ A small diary.
+ Winter uniform.
+ Trench coat.

Primary Weapons:
+ Mosin-Nagant with PEM scope. Bruises on its stock indicate past, violent melees.
+ PPSh-41 with extended magazine.
+ Dragunov SVU-AS with PSO-1 scope.

Secondary Weapons:
+ M1911A1.
+ Colt .44 Magnum (currently wielded by Reisen)

+ (Pending) M79 Grenade Launcher.

Equipments:
+ Fragmentation grenade x2
+ Stun grenade x1
+ Flash bang x2
+ Smoke grenade x1
+ Molotov cocktail x1
+ Vodka x1
+ Night vision goggles.

Spellcards:
+ Sniper’s Sign 「Precision Shots」
+ (Pending) Soldier’s Sign 「Machine Gun Suppression」
+ (Pending) Artillery Sign 「Curtain of Flak」

Attachments:
+ Danmaku Refit (Weapon with this attachment equipped now fires danmaku ammunition, regardless of type. Unlocks the Suppressive Fire perk for the particular weapon. Currently equipped on Mosin-Nagant Scoped and PPSh-41 w/ Extended Magazine).
+ Aperture Sight.
+ Variable-zoom Sniper Scope.
+ Bayonet.
+ Extended Magazine (default attachment for PPSh-41 as Round Drum).
+ Rabbit Shield (frontal protection from danmaku attack. Does not take an attachment slot. With Rabbit Shield equipped all weapons cannot be aimed down sight. Not applicable to secondary weapons, with the exception of shotgun).
+ (Pending) Tactical Knife (faster melee attack)
+ (Pending) Foregrip (increased hip-fire accuracy. Does not take an attachment slot)

Perks:
+ Suppressive Fire (weapons equipped with Danmaku Refit gains automatic ammunition replenishment for prolonged suppressing fire. Weapons must go through cooling period between each firing and may overheat if overused. Bolt cycling still applies for all bolt-action rifles).
+ (Pending) Sleight of Hand (faster reloading)
+ (Pending) Steady Aim (increased accuracy)

Team Members:
+ Kaguya Houraisan
+ Reisen U. Inaba
+ Tewi Inaba
+ Tatyana
+ Kogasa Tatara

Allies Gained:
+ Eirin Yagokoro
+ Rinnosuke Morichika

Enemies Gained:
+ Houjuu Nue

>>No. 20540
[x] Clear your throat then introduce yourself. Nicely.
-[x] with name and rank w/ a Salute; inquire about her life at sea and the ship she sailed.
-[x] "I'm sorry about that, This Nue pulled a prank that was in bad taste"
-[x] Inform her that Byakuren stepped out to get some food with the tea and should be back shortly.

I know this could be polished around the edges.
>>No. 20543
[X] Introduce yourself. Nicely.
[X] "Miss Byakuren offered to make tea for us. I'm sure she will be back shortly."
[X] If Captain Murasa has calmed down, ask about her life at sea and where her ship is.

I'd rather not mention Nue. Speaking of which...
>she stares at you in disgust before she returns to the temple.
What's her problem?

>And stop imagining Nue speaking in German like Dr. Richtofen or TF2 Medic.
Actually, when she yelled out the string of "nein"s, my mental image went to Hitler from Inglorious Basterds.
>>No. 20546
>>20543
Get out of my head, anon. Nue with a mustache was creepy enough.

[x] WHAT KIND OF SHIT YOU’RE TRYING TO FEED ME, CABIN BOY? GIVE ME TWENTY!!
Capitan? He outranks her! ...I think. Besides, Navy = Shit, regardless of the country.
>>No. 20548
[x] Clear your throat then introduce yourself. Nicely.
-[x] with name and rank w/ a Salute; inquire about her life at sea and the ship she sailed.
-[x] "I'm sorry about that, This Nue pulled a prank that was in bad taste"
-[x] Inform her that Byakuren stepped out to get some food with the tea and should be back shortly.

>>20546
No.
>>No. 20549
>>20546
Naval captains are three pay grades above army captains.

And if you thought that mental image was bad, Lt. Aldo Raine and Cirno.
>>No. 20551
>Molotov Coctail
>No Lighter / lighting device
?

[X] Introduce yourself. Nicely.
[X] "Miss Byakuren offered to make tea for us. I'm sure she will be back shortly."
[X] If Captain Murasa has calmed down, ask about her life at sea and where her ship is.

You also forgot the ammocounts, SATA.



A reminder: The PPSH with Drum can be used as a chair.
>>No. 20553
[X] Clear your throat then introduce yourself. Nicely.
-[X] with name and rank w/ a Salute; inquire about her life at sea and the ship she sailed.
-[X] "I'm sorry about that, This Nue pulled a prank that was in bad taste"
-[X] Inform her that Byakuren stepped out to get some food with the tea and should be back shortly.
>>No. 20557
[X] Introduce yourself. Nicely.

>And stop imagining Nue speaking in German like Dr. Richtofen or TF2 Medic. That’d be even stranger.
When I thought Nue speaking like Hans Grosse was bad enough...

Auf wiedersehen, Blazkowicz!

>>No. 20572
File 127173996167.jpg - (155.71KB, 1360x920, ff8c67155e36259c0e4b4a91583e1fe8.jpg) [iqdb]
20572
The vote has been called, I think. Have a sniper Kappa.

>>20551
Here's the fixed version, I hope:

Primary Weapons:
+ *Mosin-Nagant with PEM scope. (Ammo count: 5+DR; active perk: Suppressive Fire)
+ *PPSh-41 with Drum Magazine. (Ammo count: 71+DR; active perk: Suppressive Fire)
+ Dragunov SVU-AS with PSO-1 scope. (Ammo count: 10+20)

*with Danmaku Refit & Suppressive Fire active, ammo count is automatically replenished, eliminating the need for reloading. Inter-firing cooling period still applies.
Secondary Weapons:
+ M1911A1. [i](Ammo count: 7+14)

+ Colt .44 Magnum (Ammo count: 6+12; currently wielded by Reisen)
+ (Pending) M79 Grenade Launcher (reminder: ask Rinnosuke if his shop sells this)

Equipments:
+ Fragmentation grenade x2
+ Stun grenade x1
+ Flash bang x2
+ Smoke grenade x1
+ **Molotov cocktail x1
+ Vodka x1
+ Night vision goggles.
+ Lighter (how did this get into the inventory-GODDAMNIT YUKARI

**We might as well want to make a spellcard out of this.

>>20557
>>20549
>>20546
>>20543
But Nue is a shapeshifter, so yeah.
>>No. 20621
>>20572
Sweet.

Though, if they're DR weapons, you don't need to say the ammo for them, just the ammocounts for the ones that aren't DR.

>+ Lighter (how did this get into the inventory-GODDAMNIT YUKARI
Maybe a future way of replinishing ammo?
>>No. 20623
File 127185839079.jpg - (53.13KB, 650x528, lobaev_svl_1.jpg) [iqdb]
20623
>>20621
>Though, if they're DR weapons, you don't need to say the ammo for them, just the ammocounts for the ones that aren't DR.
Note taken.

Still working on the update as we speak, right now. Also, wouldn't it be interesting to have Captain Murasa and the Yamato battleship sisters in a same scenario?

Picture not related.
>>No. 20649
File 127193206174.png - (1.24MB, 1996x1697, 09136d48ebaeb19bebd6d34bb6bc883c.png) [iqdb]
20649
Starting this update I’ll address Murasa with her respective rank throughout this story unless the situation dictates the otherwise.

[c] Clear your throat then introduce yourself. Nicely.
- [c] With name and rank, along with a Salute.
[c] “I’m sorry about that. This Nue pulled a prank that was in bad taste.”
[c] “Miss Byakuren offered to make tea for us. I’m sure she will be back shortly.”


The attitude this Captain Murasa is displaying is surely interesting, and you realize that her presence demands respect and attention. Clearing your throat once, you gesture at everyone else to stay in place as you stand up and greet the girl.

“Captain Yuri Ivanov, Third Guards Rifle Division, Soviet Red Army.” You throw her a salute. “I never expect to see a naval officer in Gensokyo, too. Life at sea is surely rough, isn’t it?”

“Damn right it is!” Captain Murasa laughs as she shakes your hand with vigorous force. “Never thought to see an army officer visiting this temple, too!”

“It’s my pleasure, and my sincere apology for remembering the situation you’ve faced,” you speak, remembering Captain Murasa’s complaint of a bad day. “This Nue pulled a prank that was in… bad taste, so to speak.”

“Sorry to hear that, mate,” Murasa says. “Yeah, you’re pretty much right about Nue. She just loves to scare the hell out of people. ”

“Hey, I heard that!” The two of you (make that everyone in the room) turn to the voice and see Nue standing at the door. She might have heard that comment since she’s giving you the same disgusted glare you got at the outside. “Jeez, all I wanted was to have fun with the human, and his fellows just had to spoil the mood.”

“That’s because you had to troll us as a Nazi,” Tewi tells her. “And you really got the captain annoyed, too, insulting his Motherland and all.”

“Oh, shut up you prankster rabbit,” Nue snarls. “Like you can do the trolling better than I am.”

“No, shape-shifter, you are the troll,” Tewi replies with a snicker.

You decide not to interfere with the argument as it gets heated between the two girls. “Alright, then. You said you were looking for Miss Byakuren, yes? She’s offered to make tea for us. I’m sure she will be back shortly.”

At the mention of tea Captain Murasa gushes in excitement. “Byakuren’s tea~ ah~” You find it funny, as she starts spinning on her toes, clasping her hands together as if she’s enthralled. This sudden change of attitude intrigues you, but you don’t have anything to complain about it.

Just then Byakuren and Reisen enter the room, announcing their arrival with the familiar scent of tea and baked cookies. “Miss Byakuren!” the smitten Captain Murasa hums as she approaches the woman. “I missed you so much~”

“Yes, Murasa, I know,” Byakuren replies with a smile, which causes Murasa to squeal girlishly. “Please sit down. We’re having guests today.” She turns to Nue. “What’s the matter, dear?”

“I don’t like the human,” she answers and points at you. “He doesn’t like me pulling a prank on him.”

Hearing the complain Byakuren chuckles and pats Nue on the head. “There are places and times for pranks, Nue. I’m sure you’d remember the lessons on humility I gave you.” Nue says nothing afterwards, instead choosing to help Byakuren with the meal. “I must apology on her behalf again, Mister Ivanov. Children can get rather feisty at time, you see.”

“No big deal; I’ve seen worse,” you shrug.

Two more people enter the room: one has a nun vibe radiating from her, while the other carries a giant spear in the left hand. “Oh, we have guests?” the spear girl asks.

“Hello, Shou, Ichirin!” Kogasa greets.

Your attention is diverted towards - of all things - a pink cloud with bearded face that hovers over the nun. Realizing the situation the girl whispers something to the cloud, which shrink into a more believable size, although it still remains a cloud. She, then, maintains a stoic look although the mood falters when Tatyana starts asking her about the cloud.

“That’s Unzan, Ichirin’s trustworthy familiar,” Captain Murasa says. “Just don’t make him angry, because he’ll punch you to kingdom come with his manly fist of doom!”

“Can’t say anything about it.” You take the teacup from Reisen. “I’m but a little soldier lost in this strange land. There are still many things I have yet to learn.”

“My, how poetic,” Byakuren says. “You’re a far cry from everything people would expect from a soldier.”

“What a boring and strange human,” Nue chides. “I expected you to react… livelier,” she says with a not-so-obvious hint of sultriness at the end of the words. “Maybe I can ask you to play with me after this.”

“And then trolling the captain again? Some playtime it is,” Tewi snorts.

Nue pays Tewi no attention and gives you a sultry smile. “I can do more than just trolling, if you like,” she says, her voice barely audible to your ears.

Kaguya coughs. “I’m sorry to break the mood, but Yuri is staying with me,” she speaks, earning her a curious look from the households. “I’d appreciate it if none comes to him with the intention of taking him away from Eientei.”

“The princess’ just shy to admit her feeling for the captain, that’s what,” Tewi points, causing Kaguya to shoot her a death glare. “Haha, oops! Me and my big mouth.”

“Mister Ivanov, I’d like you to meet my acquaintances,” Byakuren says. “Ichirin Kumoi and Shou Toramaru.”

You salute to both of them. “Captain Yuri Ivanov, Third Guards Rifle Division, Soviet Red Army. Captain Murasa and I have introduced each other, so there is no need for an encore.”

“Shou, where’s Nazrin?” Byakuren asks. “I thought she’d be coming home with you.”

“Yeah, she was supposed to,” Shou says while munching a cookie. “Said she won’t be home until later this evening, I think. She found something at Misty Lake.”

“Another treasure?” Captain Murasa says. “She’s been into treasure hunting lately. What’s up with her?”

“Hey, don’t ask me,” Shou shrugs. “I’m not a treasure hunter, so how should I know?”

This is quite a lively family. Maybe it is a good idea to forge alliance with these folks.

[ ] Remain quiet and enjoy the tea. Hmm, isn’t this Chinese tea?
[ ] Strike a conversation with…
- [ ] …the Hijiri Family?
-- [ ] Kogasa.
-- [ ] Ichirin.
-- [ ] Unzan.
-- [ ] Captain Murasa.
-- [ ] Shou.
-- [ ] Byakuren.
- [ ] Nue.
- [ ] …your squad?
-- [ ] Kaguya.
-- [ ] Reisen.
-- [ ] Tatyana.
[ ] No vodka? No wonder this gathering feels so stagnant.

Touhou Present:
+ Kaguya
+ Reisen
+ Tewi
+ Tatyana
+ Kogasa
+ Ichirin (and Unzan)
+ Captain Murasa
+ Shou
+ Byakuren
+ Nue
>>No. 20650
[x] Strike a conversation with…
- [x] …the Hijiri Family?
-- [x] Captain Murasa.
-- [x] Byaku
>>No. 20651
[x] Strike a conversation with…
- [x] …the Hijiri Family?
-- [x] Captain Murasa.
-- [x] Byaku
-- [x] Shou.

Works for me~!
>>No. 20652
[X] Strike a conversation with…
-[X] …the Hijiri Family?
--[X] Captain Murasa.
--[X] Byakuren.
--[X] Shou.
>>No. 20653
[X] Strike a conversation with…
-[X] …the Hijiri Family?
--[X] Captain Murasa.
--[X] Byakuren.
--[X] Shou.
[X] Remain quiet and enjoy the tea. Hmm, isn’t this Chinese tea?

Men drink tea. REAL men can identify the tea they drink from a simple sip.
>>No. 20654
>>20653
Real Men like Ratsel Feinschmecker/Elzam V. Branstein?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot-0-KyPd0Y
>>No. 20655
[x] Strike up a conversation with…
-[x] …the Hijiri Family?
--[x] Captain Murasa.
--[x] Byakuren.
--[x] Shou.
[x] Remain quiet and enjoy the tea. Hmm, isn’t this Chinese tea?
>>No. 20656
>>20654
Ratsel's too high to use as a standard. He can drink one of Kusuha's health drinks without passing out, identify what's in it and honestly say that he likes it. That's goddamned exceptional.
>>No. 20667
[x] Strike up a conversation with…
-[x] …the Hijiri Family?
--[x] Captain Murasa.
--[x] Byakuren.
[x] Remain quiet and enjoy the tea. Hmm, isn’t this Chinese tea?
>>No. 20715
File 127252003077.jpg - (607.18KB, 2544x1690, 1f5acc6a14132451b70ed7514f2c2508.jpg) [iqdb]
20715
>>20654
We are not manly enough to reach Ratsel's level, Anon.

Also, my apologies for the lack of update. I've run out of inspirations to write, so all the updates will have to wait. Plus, with family gathering to occur this weekend, I'm not sure if I can dedicate my time for writing.

Have a Zengar.
>>No. 20725
File 127261739669.png - (1.00MB, 800x680, 38f3b9aa87190bbcfc8b8bc67cce27e3.png) [iqdb]
20725
Well, I guess I can manage to post this, so here goes.

-------------

[c] Strike a conversation with…
- [c] …the Hijiri Family?
[c] Remain quiet if there isn’t anything else to talk of, and enjoy your tea. Hmm, isn’t this Chinese tea?


“I don’t know about you people,” you speak as to start a conversation with the Hijiri Family. “But I think forging alliance with other factions will be very beneficial to our future survival.” Almost at once everyone stops talking to each other and stares at you in total intrigue; you don’t pay the reaction much attention and keep seeping the tea. “I can provide some examples from my world, if you like.”

“That would be awesome!!” Captain Murasa exclaims. “Hey, Captain! You don’t mind if I take you to my ship next time? It’s kind of out-of-service.” She scratches her cheek and looks away from you, as if she’s hiding her guilt over a fault. “So yeah.”

“You crashed the ship because you fell asleep behind the wheel, that’s why,” Shou scoffs. “Good thing Hijiri didn’t get mad at you.”

“Uhh… can we talk about it later, Shou?” the guilt-stricken girl replies. “Maybe when the captain isn’t right here?”

“Murasa is too afraid to take responsibility, boo-hoo.” Nue teleports behind Murasa and leans in, blowing gently into the girl’s ear as she foxily smiles. Her hands start creeping down Murasa’s body until they rest upon her waist, enough to make the self-proclaimed captain gasp in distress. “Just admit it. You do like it when I. Do. This.

Byakuren coughs once, enough to get Nue and Murasa’s attention. “Children, please mind your manners.” Smiling, Nue lets go off Murasa and excuses herself to leave, though not before giving you a wink and disappears behind the door. What the hell is wrong with that girl, anyway?

“Freaking Nue!!” Murasa screams. “As if she can harass this Captain Murasa whenever she pleases!!” Everyone else in the room keeps an eye on the girl as she shakes her fist at the shape-shifter in anger before she settles down. You can’t help wondering the dynamic of their relationship, especially with the way Nue’s acting towards Murasa.

“She can try as much as she likes, but Captain Ivanov here already belongs to the Motherland!” Tewi proclaims. “And I don’t care if she starts crawling towards us and begs for mercy like a maggot, because she isn’t going to understand a soldier’s passion for his country! Hoorah!!” Tatyana claps her hand over the one-person show, and Tewi bows to the impromptu audience with a smug on her face.

“Let’s forget this Nue for now, guys,” Murasa speaks. “The more we want to talk about her, the more I want to tie her up and hit her so hard she can’t move.” You pay the remark no attention (or Byakuren’s cough of disapproval for its vulgar nature) although a portion of your mind starts registering a rather ‘interesting’ scene between the girls.

“Of course,” Tewi agrees. “I, for one, wouldn’t mind seeing her enlisted in the Volunteer Training Camp. Allow her to feel the hardships every soldier of the great Red Army has to endure. That’s fine with you, right Captain?”

“Assuming he doesn’t allow himself to be distracted by the girl’s flair, I’m fine with it,” Kaguya speaks. “After all, he is the beloved child of the Motherland. Hey, say something, Yuri. You’ve been awfully quiet since our conversation.”

You’re dragged back into the reality. Looking around, you notice the households giving you a strange, almost unreadable gaze. “Oh, sorry for the lack of attention,” you speak. “I was just… enjoying this tea. A forced habit, really; got it from my late father.”

Kaguya snickers at the response. “Oh? I see that our vodka-loving captain has been smitten by the soothing properties of tea. Maybe it isn’t a bad idea for Eientei and Temple of Myouren to be allies after all.”

“What does tea have anything to do with the alliance?” you ask.

“Why, you have the greater chance of befriending everyone with tea,” Kaguya answers. “Even the scarlet devil, I hear, though you need some charisma to talk her out.”

“Hmm.” You take another sip. “As much as I want to admit my love for this drink, I really am a vodka person by heart. After all.” You put down the cup. “A Russian can’t live without his vodka.”

“Too bad, then,” Kaguya says. “Because I thought we could sit down and enjoy tea together.”

“And spend the time alone,” Tewi adds. “Like lovers!!”

“Like what now?!” Murasa slams her palms on the table so hard it startles both Kogasa and Tatyana. She, then, gives you the most excited stare you’ve ever seen from anyone else, which doesn’t make you feel better. “Really? How could I have ignored this naked truth? You two could use my service anytime you like! My ship is free for your tour of love-” A well-aimed chop on the head and Murasa falls silent, angrily rubbing the swollen mark. You turn to Shou, who in turn gives you an assuring grin.

Byakuren merely smiles at the new development. “Interesting. This may prove invaluable for my crusade for equality between human and youkai. So, Mister Ivanov, how do you believe in relationship between human and youkai? Do you believe they should live together in peace?” she inquires.

Having calmed down from the commotion, you take another sip of the tea. “Living together? I don’t stay in Gensokyo long enough to understand it, but I can consider those I have met…” An uneasy pause. Then you continue. “Pesky.” The mental image of Yukari trolling you with her antics appears, and you try hard to get rid of it.

“Pesky? But what about me?” Tewi throws an arm around your shoulders, like a buddy she should be. “You see, Miss Hijiri, both of us have been the best of comrades-in-arms since his inception to Eientei, and believe me.” She throws you a smug. “There’s more about us than meet the eyes.”

“That is… interesting.” There’s a glint of hope in Byakuren’s eyes, but you can’t tell what it stands for. She later leans towards Shou and speaks something in low voice, occasionally looking back at you. You want to remain as quiet as possible, enjoying the delicate taste of this tea that the temple is serving. You’re intrigued; Chinese tea, the very kind that got you attracted to this soul beverage. Paying Byakuren no attention, you remain focused on enjoying the drink, so focused that your mind begins to drift into the unknown. For a while, you notice everything dissolving from your sight, only to be replaced by figures from various folktales your late grandmother had narrated, including one Baba Yaga. The very idea of old witch flying around with mortar and pestle frightened you at first, but you began to appreciate the story less and less as you matured. Hmm, wonder if Baba Yaga really does exist…

Then you remember something. “By the way, Miss Toramaru-”

“Call me Shou,” the girl says.

“Okay, Miss Shou,” you speak and earn an amused smile from her. “You said earlier that this Nazrin had found a treasure today. Is it always a part of her… profession?”

“I think it’s better if you can ask her by yourself,” Shou speaks. “She’s an expert in her field, and I’m sure she can answer your questions. But yeah, you’re right on the profession part.” She sighs heavily, and from the look of it she isn’t quite pleased by something. “Right. I suppose I should go ask her to find my lost garment again…”

You look at the clock. It’s ten past five already? You should get your sense of time checked. Whatever it is…

[ ] Talk some more. (Press any topic, if necessary).
[ ] Time to go home. Don’t forget to thank Byakuren for the hospitality.
[ ] Wait. There’s one more place to visit.
- [ ] Misty Lake.
- [ ] Human Village.
- [ ] Kourindou.

System:
+ Time: 1710 hours
+ Date: November 2nd
+ Location: Temple of Myouren.

---------
>>No. 20731
- [X] Kourindou.

May not be able to do much after all the trekking but at least resupplying could be a good way to start unwinding from the tour.
>>No. 20732
[x] Wait. There’s one more place to visit.
- [x] Misty Lake.
>>No. 20733
[x] Ask Kaguya if she wants to check out the Misty Lake and see what Nazrin found.
-[x] If so, go ahead
-[x] If not, head on home; the Village and Kourindou can always be visited easily another day.
>>No. 20737
[x] Ask Kaguya if she wants to check out the Misty Lake and see what Nazrin found.
-[x] If so, go ahead
-[x] If not, head on home; the Village and Kourindou can always be visited easily another day.

We've done enough choosing. Your turn, princess.
>>No. 20743
File 127287483044.jpg - (639.16KB, 1000x1052, d1b063f129839aed3c1384c342805087.jpg) [iqdb]
20743
You guys are so slow. Not really; I'll give the voters until tomorrow to cast their choice.

In the meanwhile.
>>No. 20744
[x] Wait. There’s one more place to visit.
- [x] Misty Lake.
Treasure huh?
>>No. 20745
[x] Ask Kaguya if she wants to check out the Misty Lake and see what Nazrin found.
-[x] If so, go ahead
-[x] If not, head on home; the Village and Kourindou can always be visited easily another day.

Works for me~!
>>No. 20748
[x] Ask Kaguya if she wants to check out the Misty Lake and see what Nazrin found.
-[x] If so, go ahead
-[x] If not, head on home; the Village and Kourindou can always be visited easily another day.
>>No. 20750
[x] Ask Kaguya if she wants to check out the Misty Lake and see what Nazrin found.
-[x] If so, go ahead
-[x] If not, head on home; the Village and Kourindou can always be visited easily another day.

Curiousity eats Neko-guya
>>No. 20752
Alright, folks. I think the votes have been called. Update will be ready in a day or two.
>>No. 20759
[c] Ask Kaguya if she wants to check out the Misty Lake and see what Nazrin found.
- [c] If so, go ahead.
- [c] If not, head on home; the Village and Kourindou can always be visited easily another day.


“I believe we have overstayed ourselves here,” you speak and put down the teacup. “And I don’t think anyone of us wants to see the doctor back at home getting bored.”

“Ha-ha, oops! Eirin’s going to be mad at us if we come home late,” Kaguya remarks. “On behalf of everyone in my group, I thank you for the accommodation - and also for the tea. I’ll be happy if you can spend time and visit us in the future.”

“Of course,” Byakuren replies. “I’ll be more than honoured to see Eientei and the Temple of Myouren becoming allies. Please, let me walk you to the front gate.” It’s an offer you’re more than pleased to accept, and with Kogasa wanting to bid you farewell you cannot easily pass this opportunity up.

“Lead the way. Alright, squad; finish up whatever you’ve started.”

“Aw! But I had thought on playing with the umbrella after this,” Tewi protests.

“No buts,” you reply. “Either we can stay here and get reprimanded by the commissar for not obeying curfew time, or we can return to base and worry about playing with the umbrella later.”

“That’s too harsh, captain,” Tewi reminds.

With everyone done with their business you follow Byakuren and Kogasa’s lead as they head to the outside. It appears it has stopped falling, although it’s still chillingly cold out here. “Thanks again for everything, Miss Byakuren,” you tell her.

“Oh, don’t mention it,” Byakuren says with a smile. “You are more than welcomed to visit us and the temple. Oh, it seems your team-mates have left you behind.”

“What?” You look at the front; indeed, there’s no sight of your squad, but the footsteps in the snow are a giveaway to their whereabouts. “Well, I guess… it’s up to the two of us to enjoy the rest of this trip,” you say sheepishly.

“Don’t be that shy,” Byakuren urges. “There’s nothing wrong for a man to accompany a wonderful lady, right?” Kaguya coughs, and Byakuren is quick to realize what she has said. “Of course, it’d be rude to stall your trip home. Have a safe journey.” She smiles again. “And thank you for looking after Kogasa; perhaps you don’t mind babysitting her for time being?”

“Eh, as long as she knows when and where to surprise people,” you shrug.

“It’s been fun spending the whole day with you, captain!” Kogasa exclaims. “And maybe you can teach me how to properly surprise people! That will be fun!”

You dismiss the notion and wave the households goodbye, never forgetting to throw them a salute for a good measure. Captain Murasa can be heard shouting about her invitation to board the Palanquin Ship, while Nue who has just shown up glares at the sailor girl in disdain. Kogasa continually waves at you, but all the fun and excitement with the folks of Myouren Temple are left behind as you finally are away from the vicinity of the temple. For now, you focus on getting yourself back at track and head home before night falls.

That is, until you remember something.

“Kaguya.”

“Yes, Yuri?”

“I was wondering if you want to go to the lake and see what Nazrin has found,” you say. “Maybe we’ll find anything interesting there. Who knows?”

“Hmm?” Kaguya scratches her chin. “I don’t really see why we should go there and look for the treasure, but let’s go anyway. I want to see the lake before we go home, anyway. I’ll show you the way.” Without warning she takes your hand and takes you to the Misty Lake, almost dragging you all the way. You almost want to let go, but decide against it.

Eventually after the rushed trip you arrive at the destination. “And here we are,” Kaguya says as she releases your hand. “Phew, that’s quite a workout. At least it’s better than flying.”

“Why must you drag me?” you ask, almost out of breath. “It’s not that I’m going to jump into the lake or anything.”

“Oh? But I can try saving you from drowning, if you like,” Kaguya answers. Not very convincing, since this is about a lake that is essentially FROZEN. “But anyway. Take a look around. This place is surely suitable for hiding treasures - if they’re even here - don’t you think?”

You look around. You frown. Apart from the silhouette of a mansion standing at the middle of the lake (that must be the Scarlet Devil Mansion Reimu had spoken of at the shrine) and the sight of the ice fairy fooling around with her companion there isn’t really anything interesting to see. You take another observation, hoping that your well-trained eyes can spot an anomaly in the landscape, but if it’s there it would have been buried deep in snow.

“I guess we don’t really have anything to do now,” you say and turn towards Kaguya. “Come, Kaguya. Let’s get back to…”

You’re stumped. She doesn’t look at you, and doesn’t even flinch when you poke her shoulder. All she does is to throw her sight far into the lake, her smile no longer present on her lips, her eyes no longer full of the energy you have seen throughout the trip.

She looks so… sad.

[ ] Try to talk with her.
- [ ] Ask her what’s bothering her.
- [ ] Apologize for causing her trouble along this day.
[ ] Remain quiet.
[ ] Keep searching. The eye of the sniper has never failed you in spotting your target, and it will not fail you today.
[ ] How about comforting her with physical contact?
- [ ] Hold her hand.
- [ ] Initiate hugging manoeuvre.

System:
+ Time: 1720 hours
+ Date: November 2nd
+ Location: Misty Lake

More points for Kaguya, folks.
>>No. 20761
[x] Try to talk with her.
- [x] Ask her what’s bothering her.
[x] How about comforting her with physical contact?
- [x] Hold her hand.

> - [ ] Initiate hugging manoeuvre.
Not yet. At least that's what I think.
>>No. 20762
[X] Try to talk with her.
- [x] Ask her what’s bothering her.
[X] How about comforting her with physical contact?
- [x] Hold her hand.
>>No. 20764
>- [ ] Apologize for causing her trouble along this day.
What trouble did Yuri cause? It was mostly Tewi, Tatyana and Kogasa.

>[ ] Remain quiet.
Awkward silence ahoy?

>[ ] Keep searching. The eye of the sniper has never failed you in spotting your target, and it will not fail you today.
idort

>- [ ] Initiate hugging manoeuvre.
Too early.

[X] Try to talk with her.
- [X] Ask her what’s bothering her.
[X] How about comforting her with physical contact?
- [X] Hold her hand.
Reasonable options are a go.
>>No. 20765
[x] Try to talk with her.
- [x] Ask her what’s bothering her.
[x] How about comforting her with physical contact?
- [x] Hold her hand.

I just wanna hold your haaand~
>>No. 20770
[x] Try to talk with her.
- [x] Ask her what’s bothering her.
[x] How about comforting her with physical contact?
- [x] Hold her hand.
Man, the latest updates have been amazing. Your version of Byaku's temple is really good.

Anyway, reasonable options, yeah.
>>No. 20791
>“Why must you drag me?” you ask, almost out of breath. “It’s not that I’m going to jump into the lake or anything.”

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE! I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!

[X] Try to talk with her.
- [X] Ask her what’s bothering her.
[X] How about comforting her with physical contact?
- [X] Hold her hand.
>>No. 20807
Alright, the update is ready. It should be posted in a few minutes. Please wait warmly.
>>No. 20810
File 127329403460.jpg - (311.79KB, 929x1200, 07e36b786363d5e324a707b086953a44.jpg) [iqdb]
20810
[c] Try to talk with her.
- [c] Ask her what’s bothering her.
[c] How about comforting her with physical contact?
- [c] Hold her hand.


“You alright?” Kaguya shakes her head. “I don’t know about you, but if I’m in your shoes, I’d find anyone to talk about it. You’d do the same, wouldn’t you?”

“I’m aware of that. It’s just…” Kaguya is silent again. “It’s been troubling me from the day we met, but I just can’t find any way to let you know.”

“The Kaguya I know is cheerful and confident, so what’s really troubled you?” you ask.

“…remember what I said that you wouldn’t have anywhere to go if you were to leave Eientei?” She pauses, seemingly reluctant at first to speak up but she presses on. “

“It’s because I don’t know what happens to the Motherland after the war, isn’t it?” She just nods.. “Well, I suppose I could ask Miss Eirin - or Yukari - about it, but why would you mention it again?”

For the third time Kaguya falls silent and this starts worrying you. You know something isn’t right when a woman chooses not to speak, and with her looking all distressed you decide that physical contact is the best way to comfort her. You extend your arm and take her hand, holding and giving it soft massage. For a while she flinches before she calms down, and you can see her faint smile.

“Feeling better?” you ask.

“I’m sorry…” she apologizes. “I know it’s hard for you, but it’s for your own good.” She pauses again. “As well as mine.”

The grip on her hand is tightened a bit. “Just take your time,” you speak. “Eventually you’ll find the chance, and if you do.” You offer her a comforting smile. “I’m ready to listen.”

“…thank you,” she speaks as she clenches your hand in return. “I guess I really need it at times like this.”

After spending a few minutes holding each other’s hand and enjoying the scenery, you decide that it’s time to head home, so you and Kaguya make haste to Eientei. Upon arrival you are greeted by Tewi’s wide grin, and Marie’s amused gaze. “Well, well, well. Looks like the lovebirds have finally come home,” the earth rabbit chides. “In one piece, too. How was the sightseeing? I bet it was the best time of your life ever. Being together. Alone.”

“That’s just rude, comrade,” you speak.

“Rude? Me? Oh, come on! I’m expressing my endless endorsement for you!” Tewi exclaims.

“Welcome back, Mister Ivanov, Your Highness,” Marie greets. “I reckon the two of you had enjoyed your trip, yes?”

“Very much so,” Kaguya replies. “So what’s for dinner? I’m starting to get hungry already.”

“Dinner will be served in two hours time, Your Highness, so please be patient,” Marie informs. “But we still have leftovers from this afternoon’s lunch, if you don’t mind.”

“I surely hope there’s still some curry left,” Kaguya says and heads to the kitchen, with Tewi following her lead.

“Well, look at that. Leaving her significant other just to satisfy her hunger,” Marie comments. “But that’s not as important as, say, Mistress Eirin.”

“What about her?” you ask.

“She would like to see you after this,” she tells you. “But of course, you can always do your personal stuff first. She doesn’t mind waiting, even after dinner.” The girl smirks, and the way she does it makes you question its mischievous nature. “Well, I suppose I’ll go check the recipe. I’ll see you this dinner.”

Well, it’s still kind of early.

[ ] Take your shower.
[ ] Head to your room and take a quick nap. (Ask Tatyana or anyone of the rabbits to wake you up in time for dinner).
[ ] Follow Kaguya to the kitchen.
[ ] Eirin wants to see you? This better be good.

System:
+ Time: 1745 hours
+ Date: November 2nd
+ Location: Eientei
>>No. 20811
[x] Take your shower.

Might as well get cleaned up.
>>No. 20812
[x] Take your shower.
-[x] Go see Eirin afterwards
Next to Godliness, etc
>>No. 20814
[X] Take your shower.
-[x] Eirin wants to see you? This better be good.

hmm...
>>No. 20815
[X] Take your shower.
-[X] Go see Eirin afterwards.
>>No. 20816
[X] Take your shower.
[X] Go see Eirin.

At the same time In that order.
>>No. 20818
[x] Take your shower.
[x] Go see Eirin.

>>20816
If only.
>>No. 20821
>>20818
I'd rather shower with Kaguya; all the better to get fully cleaned up.
>>No. 20825
File 127339116413.jpg - (118.46KB, 800x640, hawt-kaguya.jpg) [iqdb]
20825
>>20818
>>20821
I wish I could write Yuri/Kaguya and Eirin shower scene well, too, but alas. I don't have confidence in writing such scene, not even H-scene.

The vote has been called, I believe.
>>No. 20839
File 127355298416.jpg - (97.73KB, 550x688, 1218147134289.jpg) [iqdb]
20839
[c] Take your shower.
[c] Go see Eirin.


You had better wash your body before meeting Eirin, or even spending the rest of day. It might not be noticeable, but your body has started reeking the moment you stepped into Eientei. And regular shower will just do; the past incident at the hot spring serves as a reminder that you’re still in a battlefield. Better safe than sorry.

You head to your room to bring some spare clothes and make your way to the shower room afterwards. Immediately you enter the room, close the door shut, undress and turn the tap. You sigh in relief and let the warm water pour down your body, washing all stresses and dirt away in continuous flow.

You, then, examine your reflection in the mirror. The scar on your waist appears to have diminished, which is a good sign at the very least. The only concern is that the burn mark still exists, and you can’t remember how long it’s been sticking on your back. This has to be a premonition of things to come, and you can only hope you don’t have to face one of those days.

You don’t care. Right now, you’re being lulled by the pleasant touch of the warm shower. You let it be, even as your eyes start drifting shut. You begin to like this soothing feeling…



……

………

“Mister Ivanov? Mister Ivanov! Hello?”

You’re startled. You look around. You’re still inside the shower room, the water’s still running and more importantly, you’re still in one piece. You dry yourself, put on the spare clothes and step out of the bathroom, to be greeted by Marie. “What happened?” you ask.

“What really happened? You’ve been inside the shower room for an hour,” Marie says. “The princess got worried about you, so she asked me to take a look.” One hour? You swear you’ve only slept for five minutes - or at least that’s what you want to believe. “At least you look fine to me. Dinner will be ready in fifteen minutes, anyway so I recommend that you do something else to kill the time.”

“I was going to meet Eirin after this, actually,” you answer.

“Hmm. I’ll see you at the dinner, then.” Marie bows to you and returns to the kitchen, while you head back to your room. After a quick check on the inventory, you head to Eirin’s office, expecting the pharmacist to await you. You knock the door, and wait.

“Who is it?” That’s her, alright.

“Requesting permission of entry,” you shout through the door.

“Ah, it’s Yuri. Please come in, the door isn’t locked.” You step in, look around the office and see your hostess seated near her desk, reading a book of something. “Here you are. Please have a seat.” You just nod and sit on the nearest chair, watching as she puts down the book and takes the glasses off her face. She looks… elegant tonight. You don’t know exactly why, but there is something about Eirin that puts herself in your eyes.

You clear your throat. “So, what business you wish to make with me?”

“Nothing very important,” Eirin answers. “I was thinking you’d get stuck inside the shower room for the rest of the day. Has anything happened back there?”

“Well, if you could consider falling asleep under the shower as one,” you say. “I swear I just slept for five minutes.”

“Hmm, you really need to have your physiology examined, if you don’t mind,” Eirin suggests, a hint of mischief carved upon her smile. “But anyway, I received an invitation from the Moriya Shrine. It’s for you.”

You’re curious. “I’m invited?”

Eirin nods. “Sanae came by this evening and expressed the goddesses’ gratitude to have you present at their gathering tomorrow,” she speaks. “I was just surprised when she said the princess’s invited, too, but I suppose the goddesses want to see both of you.”

“Any details about the gathering?” you ask.

“Hmm, something about ‘drinking with the crows and technology showcase by the kappas’,” Eirin says. “And I’d really like it if you refrain yourself from over-drinking. It will be detrimental to your health in long term, especially if you plan to make your stay here permanent.

“Yeah, that’s what worries me,” you reply sheepishly. “And I kind of broke the promise when we visited the underground. Sorry about that, but you can’t afford to upset the Oni once they’re in the mood.”

The pharmacist just smiles. “Don’t worry about it. So, Mister Ivanov, how was your trip?”

“Pretty much alright,” you shrug as you correct your seating posture. “We had fun with the people we met - Oni, mind readers, hell raven, drama boundary queen, ghosts. Oh, we even sealed a deal with Rinnosuke; he agrees to provide the weapons in return for Eientei’s medical supplies.”

“Sounds like you have struck a good bargain. I’m impressed,” Eirin says.

“Well, all credits go to Reisen. She took care of the rest,” you shrug.

“I see.” She turns around to face the desk, using the rotating chair as pivot, and faces you back with a smile. “You know, Inaba has told me a lot about you and the princess, and I begin to see why she has such an interest towards you.”

“You mean Kaguya?”

“Of course I’m talking about her, who else?” Eirin replies with a chuckle.

“But why are you telling me this here?” you ask.

“If we’re to discuss about this during the dinner, Mister Ivanov, I’m afraid the impact isn’t going to be beneficial to both of you,” Eirin speaks. “I wish to speak with you regarding this matter because it’s the first time in many years - perhaps a millennium - that the princess has found a reason to smile honestly. I… have never seen her so happy like this in her entire life.”

“That’s… good to hear, I think,” you say. “But what about-”

“You can worry about her immortality later,” she cuts you off, as if she knows what you’re going to say. “You may not know it, Yuri, but the princess definitely wants you to stay with her. She knows you won’t have anywhere to go if you’re forced to leave Eientei.”

“I know. She told me about it, but she never explicitly said why,” you reply. “I suppose she just needs some time before she’s ready to speak of it.” You bat an eyebrow. “Are you trying to say here everyone’s rooting for me and Kaguya?”

“Perhaps,” Eirin says with a smile. “But I cannot say the same about Mokou. For that, you have to see the immortal firebird yourself.” You sigh. There’s something suspicious about the direction of this conversation, and you don’t like it. Really, now, is there anything about you and Kaguya that the residents haven’t grasped yet?

“Oh, yes, I almost forgot something. Please wait here.” Eirin gets off the chair and approaches one of the shelves. “I have something that you might be interested with. Now where did I put it~” You just watch as she bends herself over the shelf, presenting her fine ass for you to see. You gulp; either she’s doing it on purpose, or she isn’t aware of it, but whatever it is you force yourself to suppress your raging blood from getting out of control.

“Ah, here it is.” She returns from the shelf and gives you a book. You examine the book; on its hard cover writes ‘The Ultimate Sniper’ but the rest of the words are blurred, giving you the impression that it’s an old copy. “I’m more of an archery person, so this book isn’t very useful to me. You may keep it.”

“Mister Ivanov, Mistress Eirin, dinner is ready,” Marie informs as she walks in.

“Well, looks like our session has to end here,” Eirin says.

You nod and put the book inside your coat. “Lead the way.”
-
-
You take a deep breath of satisfaction. As usual, you praise the Motherland for the night’s exquisite meat-based banquet. And so are Tewi and Tatyana, as they are lying on the floor, contently patting their belly. The atmosphere is surely with you tonight, and you care less of the rabbits that start cleaning the table and the dining room.

“Best dinner ever~!” Kaguya exclaims. “Too bad Eirin didn’t let us have alcohol afterwards. Just look at her; she’s using it as an excuse to enjoy herself!” You follow the direction of your finger, and you can see why: Eirin has gotten herself drunk and lunges at Reisen, pinning the moon rabbit on the floor in compromising position. It doesn’t help that Tewi and the rabbits are hollering at Eirin’s boldness, with Marie trying her best to cover Tatyana’s eyes, preventing her from watching the unrated show.

“I’m going out for a while,” Kaguya says. “Weather’s starting to look good tonight, and I want to do some stargazing. Want to join?”

“I’ll catch up with you later,” you tell her. “Got to let the food settle in first.”

“Okay. I’ll be near the pool if you want to find me,” Kaguya tells you and leaves you with the crowd that starts adding up. You remain at your place, letting the rabbits fill in the hole as they cramp in, wanting to see the sexy time act up close; even the rabbits that are supposed to clean the room have abandoned their work for the show.

After a few minutes, however, this is becoming unsettling.

[ ] Go outside and see Kaguya.
[ ] Head to the kitchen and find some vodka.
[ ] Enjoy the show, captain.
[ ] Just sit down and take it easy.

System:
+ Time: 1955 hours
+ Date: November 2nd
+ Location: Eientei

Item obtained:
+ The Ultimate Sniper: an Advanced Training Manual for Military and Police Snipers (given by Eirin)
>>No. 20840
[x] Go outside and see Kaguya.

I think not seeing the show would be better for Yuri's peace of mind and for Reisen's. And what better way to relax than to stargaze?
>>No. 20841
[x] Go outside and see Kaguya.
I think part of the reason of this is to let them 'ventilate' if you know what I mean.
>>No. 20842
[X] Go outside and see Kaguya.

Can't go wrong at all!
>>No. 20849
[x] Go outside and see Kaguya.

Food settling can occur while lounging outside.
>>No. 20852
[X] READ A BOOK, READ A BOOK, READ A MOFUGGHEN BOOK
[X] Go outside and see Kaguya.
[X] Read the "Advanced Sniping Manual" later.
>>No. 20854
>>20852

..God damn it, I totally forgot about that. Thank you so much for making me remember it.
>>No. 20855
[X] Enjoy the show, captain.
[X] Just sit down and take it easy.
>>No. 20857
File 127380930958.png - (338.33KB, 750x450, 4453088dbb35b8335a9357e0281de821.png) [iqdb]
20857
[c] Go outside and see Kaguya.

You can’t stand this dense atmosphere, along with the fact that it’s getting too overcrowded. After offering Reisen an apologetic gaze (when she realized your intention to leave) you wrestle your way out of the dining room, having to practically squeeze through the fluffy squeaking balls, but eventually you succeed in leaving the commotion. You leave Eirin and Reisen with their own business to settle and head outside, to the pool where Kaguya is expected to be.

Except that she isn’t.

“Sneaky princess.” You look around, trying to look for the telltale sign of Kaguya’s flamboyant clothes. It doesn’t take very long, though, before you spot her - sitting on the rooftop. You can’t help grinning. “Nice try, Kaguya. You know that I can’t jump straight above. And don’t even talk about flying.”

“There’s a ladder nearby if you want use it,” she shouts. You look next to you, and sure enough, a ladder is lying on the ground, ready to be used. After some hassles with the ladder you’re on the rooftop. You really need to master the flight skill sooner or later, but you can’t complain about it for now. “Alright, princess. Kindly explain to me why you’re up here,” you say as you carefully approach Kaguya’s place.

“Why, the view is much clearer over here,” Kaguya says. “Plus you can’t hear all the stuffs down there once you’re here.”

“You mean Eirin and Reisen? Those two are giving me the creeps,” you say.

“I know,” Kaguya replies. “I often go outside whenever they get drunk, except when there’s a party. Or when they force me to join time.” She laughs nervously at the last statement; wonder if you should ask her about it or not. “But I’m relieved that you’re here. For once, I thought you’d enjoy the show.”

“Sorry, kinkiness doesn’t fit my taste,” you answer. “I’d rather check my weapons, or go to sleep.” You pause. You smile. “Or spend my time with you.”

“I… I’m flattered to hear that,” she replies with a hint of embarrassment in her voice. Come to think about it, she does easily get flustered whenever you tease or praise her. Not wanting to distress her anymore, you press the topic. “So… stargazing?”

“Yup! It’s what I always like to do, because it provides me with inner piece,” Kaguya says. “You don’t get to do this a lot, do you?”

“Not really,” you shrug. “But only if we don’t have to kick the enemy’s ass. Other than that, we’d sit around the campfire and enjoy our vodka. And maybe share some stories.”

“Hmm, campfire. I’d like to do that with you,” Kaguya says.

“I know you’re going to say that,” you tell her.

She giggles. “Thank you, and now that you’re here, what would you like us to do?”

“You tell me. You wanted me to come and see you, after all,” you answer. She laughs. She just laughs. And you aren’t happy with the reaction. “Cut that out. It’s not even funny.”

“But you are~!” Kaguya says, enforcing the answer with a friendly punch on your right shoulder. “And you’ve even changed; well, maybe not a lot, but I can see that you’ve refrained yourself from resorting to armed conflict. That’s good~”

“How can you ever be so sure? We don’t stay under one roof long enough to-” There goes your tongue slip, and it’s apparent that you’ve embarrassed Kaguya with the remark. “Sorry. Didn’t mean to say that out loud.”

She shakes her head. “It’s alright,” she assures you. “I was just surprised.” She falls silent, and so are you. There’s nothing very peculiar about this situation, but when you find yourself staring into Kaguya’s eyes you need to break the stillness before it starts overwhelming you.

“Kaguya.” “Yuri.”


Both of you pause, frown, and then laugh softly. Oh, well. At least you know you’ll enjoy the pleasant night with the princess by your side.

[ ] Tell Kaguya a story. (Insert any topic; anything not related to war is a major plus)
[ ] Ask Kaguya a question. (Insert any topic)
[ ] Play a game of ‘guess the constellation/star’.
[ ] Sing. (Pick a song, comrade)
[ ] Do nothing. Just sit down and chill out.
- [ ] And don’t forget to hold her hand, too~

System:
+ Time: 2005 hours
+ Date: November 2nd
+ Location: Eientei (on the rooftop)

I know this update feels rather short and cheesy (fucking Special Ops mode stealing my precious time, but whatever). I do know that at least we have another excuse to spend our time with Kaguya. Watch out for the tengu paparazzi or the border granny (or even the stalking bunnies), but I doubt anyone of us would even care of them.

With this done, I'm gone for lunch.

P/S: I'll try to finish Anne's story by the end of this month, I hope.
>>No. 20858
[x] Talk about some of the peaceful times in life Yuri's had.
[x] Then perhaps talk about some of the constellations/stars, comparing names and meanings.

I thought about talking about Childhoods but that'd be going too fast.
>>No. 20859
B-but I don't know any Russian folk songs
>>No. 20860
[x] Talk about Yuri's life before the war
>>No. 20862
File 127383610586.jpg - (64.67KB, 740x549, 2.jpg) [iqdb]
20862
[X] Sing. (Moscow Evenings)
-[x] Talk about Yuri's life before the war

Moscow Evenings (in English and Russian~!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In8DaeDs9KA&NR=1

It's perfect for such a moment.
>>No. 20863
[X] Sing. (Moscow Evenings)
-[x] Talk about Yuri's life before the war
>>No. 20865
>>20862

I just realized something, when I suggested the song I forgot when exactly it came out. The song was composed in 1955, with music by Vasili Solovyev-Sedoy and lyrics by Mikhail Matusovsky...

Unless some one else suggests an older song.

Perhaps Yuri heard this song proposed by some "friends that just made it up out in the field" during his stay at boot camp; Way before it became official and popular.

God damn it history, it's a good song for this scene.
>>No. 20867
[X] Sing. (Moscow Evenings)
-[x] Talk about Yuri's life before the war
and what >>20865 said.
>>No. 20868
[X] Sing. (Moscow Evenings)
-[x] Talk about Yuri's life before the war >>20865
add in >>20865 notes

This will work for me~!
>>No. 20869
File 127389969685.jpg - (83.72KB, 1020x605, Moscow_night.jpg) [iqdb]
20869
>>20862
Lovely, I like this one. So it's "A Moscow Night with a Little Soldier" time, eh? Good call. Writing it.

>>20865
I'd have suggested Ochi Chernye, but the mood of the song wouldn't fit the next update. Maybe when we meet Mokou and Mystia at their booth.
>>No. 20885
File 127396074223.png - (200.16KB, 250x1000, warm and fuzzies.png) [iqdb]
20885
>you wrestle your way out of the dining room, having to practically squeeze through the fluffy squeaking balls
So Eientei uses kedama for insulation/indoor decoration?
>>No. 20889
>“Kaguya.” “Yuri.”
“Shepard.” “Wrex.”

[X] Sing. (Moscow Evenings)
-[X] Talk about Yuri's life before the war
and what >>20865 said.

I saw "Russian Song" and instantly thought of "Moskau."
>>No. 20893
>>20889
Buffalaxed version or not?
>>No. 20896
>“Yup! It’s what I always like to do, because it provides me with inner piece,” Kaguya says.

>provides me with inner piece

>inner piece

Aw dude I thought I was imagining that typo

On the bright side though the story's been enjoyable enough to where my mind's auto-correcting such mistakes.
>>No. 20897
File 127405849798.jpg - (177.41KB, 432x1680, love_and_piece.jpg) [iqdb]
20897
>>20896
>>No. 20906
Writefag here. Update will be ready in a few minutes, so please wait warmly~

>>20896
Aw, man. How come I missed that one? ORZ

>>20885
Interesting thought, my friend.
>>No. 20908
File 127407930085.jpg - (1.78MB, 2000x1500, 7f93f060875b902b4514976c8d02d058.jpg) [iqdb]
20908
[c] Talk about our life before the war.
[c] Sing. (Moscow Nights)


“Why don’t you tell me a story?” Kaguya asks.

You can only laugh. “I thought I already told you a lot,” you tell her.

“I know that already,” Kaguya says with a huff at the end of the sentence. “But you never told me about your life before the war, and I’m wondering if you really have any at all.”

“That’s nonsense,” you reply with a laugh. “For one thing, I did have a life, and I had gone through every degree to cherish it.” Kaguya’s response? Arching an eyebrow upward, and striking a cynical smile. “You really need to go through severe training after this.”

“Come on! That was a joke,” Kaguya says. “I wouldn’t be that cruel to tell people that they have no life. Chill out, Yuri.”

“Oh, whatever. Now where can I start?”

You begin by telling Kaguya your pre-war story, which is everything but interesting. There is nothing much to be told about it, since your early years were monotonous, though you try your best to spice it up. The only thing worth telling her is your late father, who you describe as highly nationalistic, hot-blooded and proud of his Russian knighthood lineage, as well as being philosophical at life. He was also a travelling soul of sort, often taking you with him for visit to other countries, especially Japan, which he had a special place dedicated to it in his heart.

“I thought Japan and Russia weren’t best friends at the time,” Kaguya asks.

“I know,” you shrug. “I sort of understood his hostility towards Japan since we had fought them - and lost. But the truth is he loved the country; remember the woman I told you when I first described my father? That’s one reason.”

“I bet he was upset when the woman dumped him for no reason whatsoever,” Kaguya says.

You can only offer a smile. “I wish he would tell me more about the mysterious woman, whoever she is.”

“And how’s your family reaction when you decided to join the army?” You answer by telling her how your father had constantly bickered with your mother over his decision to enlist you into the army instead of graduating. “I bet they often argued a lot about it,” Kaguya comments.

“Not really,” you tell her. “In fact that was the only time father and mother had ever quarrelled. Everyone in the family is very close to each other, actually.”

Kaguya hums in acknowledgment. “I really wish I could experience that, family argument and all,” she says. “Maybe we should that often.”

“As long as I don’t have to be thrown into the lake, I’m fine with having quarrel,” you speak.

Kaguya’s eyebrows wrinkle. “What’s so special about the lake, anyway?”

You snicker. “How should I know?”

After sharing some more stories with her, you find yourself running out of topics to discuss. You want to play the game of ‘guess the constellations/stars’ but you didn’t take astronomy back at the university, and your childhood is too bland to be shared. The only thing that comes into mind is to sing, and sing is what you will do. Clearing your throat once, you start, and lyrics come out of your lips almost flawlessly as you sing. You close your eyes, letting the melody envelop you as your sway your body with the rhythm.

“Isn’t that Moscow Nights?”

You pause. “Oh, so that’s its name?”

“I always sing it whenever I feel down,” she answers. “Where did you learn it? I thought it only came out after the war.”

“Really? I only know that some friends started singing it at boot camp,” you speak. “Said that they got the inspirations from the field, but I don’t know. Say, I didn’t know you like Russian song. You could’ve told me at the Ancient City.”

“Sorry; I didn’t want to interrupt you,” she answers. “But yes, I like Russian songs. Polyushka Pole is my favourite, by the way.”

“That’s lovely.” You smile. “I don’t know about you, but would you like to be my singing partner? Russian songs are best sung when you have someone with you.”

She smiles in return. “I’d love to.”

You resume singing, taking turn so that Kaguya can sing her part. Then you continue with Polyushka Pole, this time singing the song together with Kaguya. You are amazed; while her persona already makes her a likeable woman, her heavenly voice as she sings puts her in a league of her own. You can’t help wondering why a woman as gorgeous as this lunar princess has to endure a thousand years of melancholy, and you ask yourself if there is anything you can do to help her.

And before you know it, you have lost track of the night. The only indication of time is that the moon is hovering almost directly over your head, and even so it still feels early. You continue singing, before you’re interrupted by a soft object landing on your shoulder. You shrug it off as a mere imagination, but when Kaguya calls out your name in soft voice you stop singing and turn to her.

The princess has fallen asleep, her head rested comfortably upon your shoulder, her hand taking hold of yours in tight grasp.

You can’t help smiling.

[ ] Wake her up. Sleeping outdoor isn’t good for her (and your) health.
[ ] Stay like this for a bit longer. You can do naught to disturb her peaceful slumber, can you?
[ ] Carry her back to her room.

System:
+ Time: ???? hours
+ Date: November 2nd
+ Location: Eientei (on the rooftop)
+ Weather: the sky is so clear you can see Aya-chan flashing her panties count the stars on the Orion Belt.

I know what you’re thinking about Kaguya speaking/singing in Russian, folks. And despite what System says about the time, it isn’t midnight yet.
>>No. 20911
[x] Stay like this for a bit longer. You can do naught to disturb her peaceful slumber, can you?

I'm getting a strange feeling about that woman in japan Yuri was talking about...
>>No. 20913
[X] Stay like this for a bit longer. You can do naught to disturb her peaceful slumber, can you?
>>No. 20915
>>20911
Well, she IS an immortal so...

[x] Stay like this for a bit longer. You can do naught to disturb her peaceful slumber, can you?
>>No. 20916
[X] Stay like this for a bit longer. You can do naught to disturb her peaceful slumber, can you?

Works for me~!
>>No. 20931
[x] Stay like this for a bit longer. You can do naught to disturb her peaceful slumber, can you?

It may be November, but I doubt that is a problem right now.
>>No. 20962
[x] Stay like this for a bit longer. You can do naught to disturb her peaceful slumber, can you?

We can use her hair as a blanket.
>>No. 20966
>>20931
It's november in japan. A guy like Yuri can handle it. It's Easy Modo compared to a Russian winter.
>>No. 20967
[X] Stay like this for a bit longer. You can do naught to disturb her peaceful slumber, can you?
>>No. 20981
[X] Stay like this for a bit longer. You can do naught to disturb her peaceful slumber, can you?

Do not interrupt the d'awwww moment.
>>No. 21005
>>20908
"Maybe we should that often."
wait what?

[X] Stay like this for a bit longer. You can do naught to disturb her peaceful slumber, can you?
>>No. 21049
Update incoming!
-
-
[c] Stay like this for a bit longer. You can do naught to disturb her peaceful slumber, can you?

With her using your shoulder for support, her soft breaths warm on your arm, her silky hair brushing lightly against your hand, is there anything you can do to disturb her peaceful slumber? The only thing missing right now is a campfire to sit close to and a couple bottles of vodka, but that can be remedied later as you enjoy the company that you’re certain is very hard to find in the battlefield. Right now, you want to stay like this for a bit longer, hoping that this moment of peace will last through the night.

Or not, when Tatyana appears out of nowhere.

She inspects you thoroughly while circling around you, humming and hopping all the way. “What are you doing?” you demand. The rabbit giggles and sits atop of your lap, properly positioning herself so that your spot on the roof doesn’t get compromised.

“Let’s huddle together~!” she declares in the lowest voice possible as not to wake Kaguya.

You’re about to protest when Tewi joins the party. “Rabbits are very good for keeping oneself warm, captain,” she tells you. “If you don’t mind.” She offers you a snicker when you stare at her. “I’m not going to be an idiot and stop the doctor and her bunny pet from enjoying their quality time, you know.”

“Just… do whatever you want,” you sigh.

“Are we going to sleep out here?” Tatyana mumbles, her sleepy voice barely audible to hear.

“Beats me, unless the captain has another plan,” Tewi says. “It’d be even better if we could gather around a campfire, but maybe next time. And I see that you and the princess have tightened the bond, captain. That’s nice.”

“So?”

The earth rabbit grins. “I’m just saying my opinion.” She yawns and rests her head against your arm. “Goodnight, folks~”

She falls silent, as so is Tatyana, and you figure that they have fallen asleep so you let them be. The night is still young, you hope, and your best bet to spend the rest of it is to gaze into the constellations.

On the other hand, you could use the warmth you’re getting from your fellows and relax. So you close your eyes and make yourself as comfortable as you can. Tewi’s right; rabbits do make good heat insulator…
-
-
“Wake up, Yuri. Wake up and smell the ashes~”

You open your eyes. Judging from the current position of your head you realize you’ve fallen asleep again, just like at the Ancient City’s lake garden. “Falling asleep again, I see,” she says with a chuckle.

“Hello, Kaguya,” you greet her as you look up at her. “What time is it now?”

“According to Inaba, it’s fifteen minutes to eleven,” she tells you. “Looks like we’re all alone up here.”

“I could’ve sworn Tewi and Tatyana were with us a few minutes ago,” you say.

“Nonsense. They weren’t here when I woke up,” she answers. Sneaky bunnies, you ponder. “So, how does it feel to sleep under the stars?”

“With the company of a moon princess?” You close your eyes. “I don’t know; recipe for potential romance story?”

“How cheesy,” she replies.

“I know that. Sorry,” you apologize.

“You don’t have to be so apologetic at me,” she says. “Anyway, I feel very sleepy and I’m going back to my room. You want to stay here for a while?”

“Yeah,” you say as you get up. “Got to enjoy the scenery for a bit more until I get really sleepy.” You look upward at one of the constellations. “Especially when the Big Dipper keeps calling at me to follow its direction.”

She smiles. “Okay, but be on time; room service won’t be available after eleven o’clock.” She heads towards the ladder but turns back at you. “Oh, before I forget. Yuri, I have something to give you. I hope you don’t mind if you approach me a bit.”

You bat an eyebrow. “I just hope you don’t give me a surprise punch.”

She pouts. “Why would I do that? Silly Yuri, I’m not going to harm you physically. Just please, come close to me.”

Her intention is questionable at best, but you oblige anyway. A princess’ request is not to be denied, and you know the consequences of ignoring it. “This better be important,” you tell her as you bend your head down.

She leans forward, smiles and reaches for your face. “It is.” Then she gives you the most unexpected gift you can imagine:

A soft kiss on your battle-hardened cheek.

You’re stunned and are unable to respond as the kiss lasts for a few seconds. Then she backs away, revealing to you a shy smile that’s carved upon her moist lips. You want to let out your thoughts but all that come out of your mouth is just silence.

“Goodnight, Yuri,” she speaks. You aren’t sure of how to say about this, so you just nod in response. “I’ll see you tomorrow morning.”

And she leaves you, just like that. Without proper explanation, without any reason. You put your hand over your cheek; this is way too unreal, getting kissed by the princess who wouldn’t tell you the reason behind it. You shake it off, dismissing it as a mere sign of affection and focus on the night. Yeah, just keep focused; you should be fine for the rest of the hours.



……

………

What the hell?

You can’t remain focused with this problem galloping around your head. Goddamn it.

[ ] Keep counting the stars until you’re sleepy.
[ ] Read the book. Knowledge is power.
[ ] Maybe you can go look for Mokou…
[ ] Set Eientei on fire in a fit of insanity.
[ ] Sexy time with Eirin?
[ ] Others (write-in).

System:
+ Time: 2250 hours
+ Date: November 2nd
+ Location: Eientei

Protip: Mokou may have some insight about Kaguya.
>>No. 21050
[x] Maybe you can go look for Mokou…
-[x] .... and set Eientei on fire in a fit of insanity.
>>No. 21051
[X] Read the book. Knowledge is power.

FOCUS!
>>No. 21052
[X] Read the book. Knowledge is power.

Reading sounds like a nice way to get sleepy, and perhaps hunting down Mokou would be better left for another day.
>>No. 21053
[X] Read the book. Knowledge is power.

Calm down cap'n. Calm down~
>>No. 21055
[X] Read the book. Knowledge is power.

It's too late to be wandering around outside. We can look for Mokou tomorrow.
>>No. 21057
File 127455237314.jpg - (105.74KB, 615x820, c54e92f4b188237849fe80f1a70efb27.jpg) [iqdb]
21057
Looks like we missed a chance meeting Mokou, folks. Better luck next time.

On the other hand, update is on the way, so please wait warmly. It has a nice surprise, too~
>>No. 21059
File 127455456162.jpg - (1.94MB, 2126x1500, 9200c5c33fa8d136cc7ba42054e45e43.jpg) [iqdb]
21059
[c] Read the book. Knowledge is power.

Your father once told you that the best way to easily get sleepy is by reading a book, and you know how effective it can be. Too often your father had demonstrated its effectiveness every bedtime, using the thick book full of Russian folklores he inherited from his parents as his weapon of choice. You smile; remembering how he made his best effort in bringing the stories to life using nothing more than facial expressions surely makes your heart titter.

Besides, you’re curious about the book Eirin had given to you earlier the night.

Taking the book out of your pocket you take time reading it. You’re intrigued by the information that the book is presenting, that ranges from the history of sniping to the doctrine of police sniper. Hmm, police sniper, that’s fairly new and unknown to you. You keep on reading the book, finding the book an irresistible source of reading almost as much as the folklore book your father finally gave to you. Eventually you have achieved your objective as drowsiness begins kicking in, so you return the book into the pocket and leave the rooftop. Heading to your room, you can’t help noticing how quiet Eientei is at this hour, but you feel secure enough to be within the vicinity of the mansion.

You arrive at the room. Lazily, almost sleepily, you prepare the mattress, and you don’t bother taking off the trench coat as you throw yourself onto it. You turn in, close your eyes and greet Hypnos. You want to end this day as quickly as possible…
-
-
Something heavy is pressing down on you. Opening your eyes you see a rabbit sitting on your chest, staring at you impassively. Groaning over the unwanted interruption you brush her away and pull the blanket over your body, only to have it yanked away from you with great force. You get up and chase after the rabbit but the pursuit comes to an abrupt end when she jumps into a gap.

Great; now she decides to barge in.

“Go away, Yukari. I need to sleep here, can’t you see?” The gap doesn’t disappear; instead it grows in size and approaches you. “Look. If you have a business with me, you should’ve met me hours ago. Just leave, okay?” The gap keeps approaching you; in a fit of rage you grab a pillow and toss it into the opening. A soft thud is heard from inside the gap, which finally closes and disappears. Shaking your head in disbelief you return to the mattress and resume your sleep.

Or not, when your body is pulled into the gap that has reappeared. You’re back in the endless void, and the presence of the eyes does nothing to intimidate you. If anything, they only serve to be irritating. You start walking when a hum catches your ears. You turn around, and in an instant a pair of hands pops out of the darkness and push you onto the floor. “Chyrot!”

“Venturing into my playground, hmm?” Yukari murmurs as she slowly emerges from the darkness, the nightgown she’s donning so flimsy its effect is to highlight her sensual appearance than to conceal it. “You always find yourself in tight situation, you know.”

“For crying out loud! What do you want from me?” you demand.

“I missed you, little soldier!!” Yukari growls. “Reimu completely ignored me after you left the shrine! I had nobody else to play with since then~!”

“I don’t have time to play with you! Send me back to Eientei so I can go to sleep!” you snarl.

“But you can sleep with me if you like~” Yukari says.

“Should I snatch another pillow and hit your face with it?” As a matter of fact, you’re now holding one. Where did it come from, you don’t care, and you don’t give it a damn as you slam it on Yukari’s face and flee as she gets distracted by it.

“Little soldier wants to play?” She pulls out a pillow from a gap and tosses it at you; you dodge the projectile, but you’re unprepared for what’s coming next as Yukari tackles you onto the floor. “You just made this youthful lady happy~” she murmurs as she sits atop of you.

“What the-” You try fleeing but the weight makes it almost impossible to move. “Let go off me!”

Yukari chuckles. “Oh? Trying to act tough, I see. I have something better than a mere pillow fight. I bet you’ll love it very much~”

Her lips curling into a seductive smile, she leans down and presses her lips against yours. It’s a kiss that is deep, hard, passionate, searing, and stimulating, and you’re practically paralyzed as she keeps you from struggling. A part of you is screaming “ALERT!” when her tongue starts prodding yours, but the rest of your body is too unresponsive to the dangerously delectable invasion. Your heart skips many times when her breasts are pressed against your chest, and you can feel her warm breath as she moans in your mouth.

The kiss disengages, and you can see thick trail of saliva following the ascent of her mouth. Panting, you can only watch as she giggles and puts her finger upon your swollen lips. “I want you to dominate me like how you did the lunatic princess~” the lady of boundaries purrs. “And do it hard, too~”

“Like hell I’m going to do that!” You grab another pillow and hit Yukari on the face with it. You waste no time pushing her away and escaping her domination, yet it proves futile as chains start appearing from nowhere and seize your body, anchoring you firmly into the ground and into the air.

“You can’t run from Yukarin~” The lady of boundaries grins as she approaches you. “See? Your mouth is all no, but your heart is all yes~” As she presses herself against you, you can feel one hand crawling towards your crotch and starts stroking you in torturous motion. “You can’t deny your craving, little soldier. You know you want to~” she whispers into your ear.

“Get lost, Yukari!!” you scream.

“Little soldier is too shy?” Her hand leaves your crotch and snakes upward, fiddling with the buttons of your shirt before taking them off one by one. “Don’t be afraid.” She places her palm upon your exposed chest, then she stares at you, giving you the most intimate smile you’ve seen yet. “Let Yukarin calm you down~”

[ ] Give in. Give in give in give in give in give in give in give in- oh God, why am I doing this?
[ ] Must have delicious Yukarin~
[ ] Fucking temptation. NERVE OF STEEL, SOLDIER!

System:
+ Time: (????) hours
+ Date: (???)
+ Location: Yukarin’s Playground

Yes, yes, I know what you folks are thinking. Just blame Yukari for this, okay?
>>No. 21060
[X] Fucking temptation. NERVE OF STEEL, SOLDIER!
>>No. 21061
[x] Fucking temptation. NERVE OF STEEL, SOLDIER!
>>No. 21062
[Fuck you Yukari] Fucking temptation. NERVE OF STEEL, SOLDIER!
>>No. 21063
[X] Must have delicious Yukarin~

What? She's not going to let Yuri go until she has her way with him, so he might as well enjoy it.
>>No. 21064
[x] Must have delicious Yukarin~
>>No. 21065
GodDAMNIT Yukari!

[X] Fuck temptation! NERVES OF STEEL, SOLDIER!
>>No. 21066
[x] Must have delicious Yukarin~

She may take his penis, but never his heart.
>>No. 21070
[x] Must have delicious Yukarin~

Just Fucking Do It
>>No. 21071
[x] Fuck temptation! NERVES OF STEEL, SOLDIER!
>>No. 21072
[x] Fuck temptation! NERVES OF STEEL, SOLDIER!

Can't allow yourself to be buggered by the enemy, soldier.
>>No. 21075
[ ] Fucking temptation. NERVE OF STEEL, SOLDIER!

Even beyond the issue of faithfulness is something much more important:

If Yuri gives in, Yukari will make good and goddamn sure to let Kaguya know at the worst possible moment. I don't want to let the princess down like that, thank you.

And even if she doesn't, she can and probably will use it as blackmail against him.
>>No. 21077
File 127459777046.jpg - (34.27KB, 184x256, momijihaha.jpg) [iqdb]
21077
Well, looks like Nerves of Steel has won the voting and good call, too, because things would have gone way too interesting had we yielded to the desire.

The thing is, I wrote the inevitable encounter prior with Yukari to the last update, and I can safely say here that we'd be in one hell of a sexy time with our Sukima.

Besides, I'd be afraid of myself if I were to actually write a Yuri/Yukarin H-scene.

Anyway, the vote has been called. I'll work on the update and have it posted by Monday.
>>No. 21084
>>21077
Is that why you're going to post it in /at/? I just hope this doesn't piss Yukari off.
>>No. 21089
>>21084
Really? That's Awesome Sata! I Gotta check /at/ ASAP
>>No. 21090
>>21089
Bad news: He posted somethings else there
Good news: It's pretty good in itself.

But leave it to folks to turn down very good anger sex.
>>No. 21091
File 127464025335.jpg - (873.15KB, 1062x1500, 1258597828296.jpg) [iqdb]
21091
[c] Fucking temptation. NERVE OF STEEL, SOLDIER!

This can’t be right.

This cannot be right.

This is wrong, all wrong.

You, crème de la crème, the Motherland’s finest soldier, are being bound to submission by this boundaries-controlling woman who thinks she can do whatever she likes and wants to have you submit to her will.

“Hmm? What’s the matter, little soldier? Is the heat getting into you?” Yukari asks. You stay still, not even responding to the oh-so-seductive hand coordination of hers as she begins exploring your chest. She giggles as she descends lower, reaching just the tip of your waist before she rises back to meet your face. “You’re good~” she murmurs, her lips almost touching yours with agonizing result. “Maybe it’s a good idea to play you for a bit more~”

You have to- no, you must resist.

“You know, little soldier,” Yukari speaks. “I usually take pleasure in making life of others miserable and fun at the same time, and that always makes me feel so lively. With you, however.” There’s the unmistakable smile again, and the way she throws it at you is almost making you shiver. You shake off the thought; you must not show your how fearful you are, or she’ll use it to her advantage.

“What’s with me?” you ask, struggling to let the words come out of your mouth.

“I’m glad that you asked,” Yukari speaks. “You see, I have my own reason on why I brought you here, away from the harsh, brutal war. I want to see you survive.” Well, there’s a reason you can accept, but why she has to go to this extent? Why must she do this?

“Well, should I just get straight to the point,” she continues and encircles her arms about your neck. She, then, leans in and presses her lips upon your neck, nibbling and biting every inch of your skin, and you can hear her moaning as she inhales your scent. Unknown to her (or perhaps because she’s too focused in savouring the taste) the chains that have kept you bounded are starting to loosen. “Or should I keep doing this, torturing and keeping you frustrated… until you finally surrender?”

In the name of Mother Russia, you shall not give in!

The moment the chains let go off your arms you yank free from the bondage and seize Yukari by the wrists. At the same time the chains around your lower body drop onto the dark floor with a loud clank, and you waste no time pushing her onto the boulder. You have scrubbed that malicious grin off her face, and she’s now staring at you in shock and disbelief. “I’m very sorry, Yukari Yakumo,” you tell her. “As much as I want to have you, I cannot do this. Not when my loyalty is still for the Motherland. Not when I have my pride to worry of.”

“Little soldier, what are you-”

You tighten your grip, almost making her yelp in the process. “I don’t know what you really want from me, or why you have decided to sexually frustrate me. All I know is that I’ve had enough of all these bullshits. Do you understand me?” You stare deep into her eyes. You want her to know that you are not to be manipulated this easily. You want her to know that you won’t allow yourself to fall prey to this scheme anymore.

“Silly little soldier.” She casts as spell that knocks you away from her. “Who are you to order me around?” She frowns, her expression becoming as dark as you can imagine. You fear you may have not gotten the message across, or worse, but whatever the outcome is you prepare yourself for the inevitable.

Yukari chuckles, bringing much relief (if not more suspicion) to you. “You’re very fun person to play with. That’s why I like you.”

Wait. What?

[ ] Demand an explanation.
[ ] You’re too tired for this. You need to sleep.

This is the chance to clarify the tension between Yukari and us. Of course, the opportunity is still available for another day, but I assume we want to get things straight right now.
>>No. 21092
[x] Demand an explanation.
>>No. 21093
[X] Demand an explanation.
>>No. 21094
You should really do a what-if scene sometime... but thus Yuri proceeded with being a virgin for another day.
>>No. 21095
[X] Demand an explanation.

If this is because she's just lonely...
>>No. 21098
[X] Demand an explanation.

hmm...
>>No. 21100
[X] Demand an explanation.

You should've had him go "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM".
>>No. 21102
>>21095
I'd find that kinda moe.
>>No. 21104
I'm starting to suspect there might be a full blown love triangle here, between the nice clean girl (Kaguya), and the mysterious, sexy, frustrating girl (Yukari).
>>No. 21105
[x] I DEMAND AN EXPLANATION FOR THIS FAGGOTRY
>>No. 21106
[X] Demand an explanation.
>>No. 21107
[ ] Demand an explanation.

the bitch is a hoe
>>No. 21108
File 127468091577.jpg - (895.61KB, 1500x1200, c6fb7df2659a7c3c76ffb94d9b2d41b4.jpg) [iqdb]
21108
>>21104
You mean sexually frustrated am I right?

>>21102
So am I.

I guess everyone's agreed upon the vote. Writing it now.
>>No. 21109
>>21108
That too, though it'd be also sexually frustrating

I'm starting to dream of a Yukari/Kaguya route... just like Betty and Veronica
>>No. 21110
File 127468485932.jpg - (384.76KB, 883x1000, afd28f4ab719080fec6c9e7263880ef8.jpg) [iqdb]
21110
>>21109
>Yukari x Kaguya

Hot.

>>21104
But the problem is Yuri doesn't yet realize their feeling towards him. And it doesn't help that his love is only for the Motherland.

Anyway, here it is, the update.

-x-x-x-x-x-

[c] Demand an explanation.

Yukari likes you?

Yukari Yakumo, the woman you hate with passion, likes you?

You stare at this lady. You cannot believe what you have heard. To hear this coming from her, you feel like you want to throw a flying kick at her, but you can’t. This situation demands an explanation, and you want it now.

“Alright, Yukari, we need to talk,” you speak.

“Aw, but why? I already told you I like you,” Yukari answers. “There shouldn’t be any discussion about it.”

“That’s why we need to talk,” you tell her. “First you troll me with your insults towards the Motherland. Now you’re telling me that you like me? Goddamn it, Yukari! What the hell do you really want?!”

“Now, now, little soldier. You don’t have to be this frustrated.” Yukari appears next to you and throws her arms around you. “I just like having your company, that’s all,” she murmurs.

“That’s it?” She nods. “You just want me to accompany you?” She just nods, even as she tightens the embrace. There’s something wrong about the direction of this development, so you press on. “Then why me? You could have picked somebody else to do the job. Hell, what about Reimu? You could’ve, I don’t know, bugged her as much as you like.”

“Reimu’s is a girl, you silly! It’s a different case between us, you know~” Yukari answers.

“Then you must answer me,” you speak.

“No, I won’t,” Yukari tells you, much to your resentment. “But I will ask you this question: what does she have that I don’t?” She? Is Yukari talking about Kaguya or the Motherland? “If you answer it nicely, I promise I won’t terrorize you with my antics. If you refuse, well…” She shakes her head, the movement of which can be felt as her face brushes against your back. “Maybe I shouldn’t ask it in the first place,” she murmurs.

Yukari pushes you away. As you face her, takes out her fan to cover her grin with it. “I’ll let you go for now, so be grateful. But the next time we meet… I won’t be as nice as I am right now. I’ll be frank, little soldier.” Her eyes narrows. “Yukarin will get what she wants, whether you like it or not~”

She, then, points you towards a gap. “Now go, before I change my mind. Until we meet again~” You just nod at her and walk towards the gap, but as you turn around to see her for one last time, you can’t help noticing a hint of loneliness coming from eyes, though she’s quick to hide it behind the fan.

You can, and will, never understand this woman.

You arrive at your room, and the gap disappears as soon as you make touchdown. Its condition still remains unchanged like before, and you’re grateful that no one has noticed your disappearance. Lazily, almost out of strength, you approach the mattress and pull the blanket over. Goddamn it; it has been a hard day for you, and now you’re uncertain if you can survive your future stay in Eientei.

If there is a future for you…

Day: FIVE
Route: KAGUYA HOURAISAN
Route Status: LOCKED

-x-x-x-x-x-

Well, with so much happening while writing Day Five, I guess I'll take a few days of break before I start Day Six. Yes, we are still walking down the Kaguya Route, but with new challengers bound to obstruct our journey, do we have the capability to survive the road we travel?
>>No. 21112
>>21110
Well if She's going to act so aloof, then she won't pose much of a threat to Kaguya, who's been nothing but kind, nice and supportive.

Though from the sounds of things we might have made more trouble for Yuri.
>>No. 21113
File 127468674694.jpg - (372.07KB, 1000x563, 74a2967c247863278f61bf54f3e61b29.jpg) [iqdb]
21113
>>21112
>more trouble for Yuri.

Hopefully he'll be able to evade them.

Before I forget, here are links related to this CYOA, if anyone's interested.

Original .doc files
http://www.mediafire.com/?fjetfmmhqmm

Saved threads
http://www.mediafire.com/?jhzihnmcyag

Enjoy.
>>No. 21114
>>21112
Gee, you think? The explicit threat she just made might help your point too.
>>No. 21121
File 12747201819.png - (1.28MB, 1010x991, 1268547865920.png) [iqdb]
21121
Decided to post Status before I can proceed with Day Six, so here it is.

-x-x-x-x-x-

[STATUS, as of Day Five]
Name: Yuri Ivanov
Rank: Captain
Unit: Third Guards Rifle Division
Allegiance: Soviet Union (may change)

Health: 80%
Magic: limited
Stamina: medium (and recovering)
Emotion: slightly disturbed

Basic Skills:
+ Basic Danmaku I
+ Basic Leadership I
+ Basic Machinery I
+ Diplomacy I
+ Night Warfare I
+ Outback Cooking I
+ Spellcard Battle I
+ Weapons Identification I

Intermediate Skills:
+ Arctic Warfare II
+ Camouflage II
+ Closed Quarter Combat II
+ Firearms II
+ Hand-to-Hand Combat II
+ Sniping II
+ Urban Warfare II

Advanced Skills:
+ None.

Skills Pending:
+ Flight

Inventory:
+ A water bottle.
+ A pair of boots.
+ Clean clothes.
+ Pilotka hat.
+ Lucky charm made from a Bf109’s 30mm shell.
+ A photograph of your regiment.
+ A bayonet.
+ A small diary.
+ Winter uniform.
+ Trench coat.
+ The Ultimate Sniper: an Advanced Training Manual for Military and Police Snipers (given by Eirin)

Primary Weapons:
+ Mosin-Nagant w/ PEM Scope and Danmaku Refit. Bruises on its stock indicate past, violent melees.
+ PPSh-41 w/ Extended Magazine and Danmaku Refit.
+ Dragunov SVU-AS w/ PSO-1 Scope. (Ammo count: 10+20)

Secondary Weapons:
+ M1911A1. (Ammo count: 7+14)
+ Colt .44 Magnum (Ammo count: 6+12; currently wielded by Reisen)
+ (Pending) M79 Grenade Launcher.

Equipments:
+ Fragmentation grenade x2
+ Stun grenade x1
+ Flash bang x2
+ Smoke grenade x1
+ Molotov cocktail x1
+ Vodka x1
+ Night vision goggles.
+ Lighter.

Spellcards:
+ Sniper’s Sign 「Precision Shots」
+ (Pending) Soldier’s Sign 「Machine Gun Suppression」
+ (Pending) Artillery Sign 「Curtain of Flak」

Attachments:
+ Danmaku Refit (Weapon with this attachment equipped now fires danmaku ammunition, regardless of type. Unlocks the Suppressive Fire perk for the particular weapon. Currently equipped on Mosin-Nagant and PPSh-41).
+ Aperture Sight.
+ Variable-zoom Sniper Scope.
+ Bayonet.
+ Extended Magazine (default attachment for PPSh-41 as Round Drum).
+ Rabbit Shield (frontal protection from danmaku attack. Does not take an attachment slot. With Rabbit Shield equipped all weapons cannot be aimed down sight. Not applicable to secondary weapons, with the exception of shotgun).
+ (Pending) Tactical Knife (faster melee attack)
+ (Pending) Foregrip (increased hip-fire accuracy. Does not take an attachment slot)

Perks:
+ Suppressive Fire (weapons equipped with Danmaku Refit gains automatic ammunition replenishment for prolonged suppressing fire. Weapons must go through cooling period between each firing and may overheat if overused. Bolt cycling still applies for all bolt-action rifles).
+ (Pending) Sleight of Hand (faster reloading)
+ (Pending) Steady Aim (increased hip-fire accuracy)
+ (Pending) Commando (faster melee attack)
+ (Pending) Focused Movement

Team Members:
+ Kaguya Houraisan
+ Reisen U. Inaba
+ Tewi Inaba
+ Tatyana
+ Kogasa Tatara
+ Marie Inaba

Allies Gained:
+ Eirin Yagokoro (the Commissar)
+ Rinnosuke Morichika (principal supplier)
+ Mokou of Fujiwara (may share some insights about Kaguya)
+ Marisa Kirisame (formerly rival)
+ Suika Ibuki (drinking buddies)
+ Murasa Minamitsu
+ (more to come)

Enemies Gained:
+ Houjuu Nue

Undetermined Relationship:
+ Yukari Yakumo (love-hate)
>>No. 21139
> Allegiance: Soviet Union

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!

> Emotion: slightly disturbed

Are you sure it's slightly?

> Enemies Gained:
> + Houjuu Nue

Wait what?

> Undetermined Relationship:
> + Yukari Yakumo (love-hate)

Get lost Yukari, you had your chance, and you blew it.
>>No. 21140
>>21139
Her stunt of impersonating a german did not go over too well with most folks.
>>No. 21143
Very nice job, SATA!
See, was that so hard?
>>No. 21163
File 127488860468.png - (203.96KB, 770x450, 1208122609999.png) [iqdb]
21163
Day Five Overview:
Yuri Ivanov, a captain in the Soviet Red Army, had the opportunity of strengthening his relationship with the lunatic princess Kaguya Houraisan, and the whole cast of Eientei in general. He also struck a bargain with the shopkeeper Rinnosuke Morichika, befriended the Underground crews and forged alliance with the Temple of Myouren, even earning Byakuren Hijiri’s trust to look after the umbrella youkai Kogasa Tatara. The real surprise, however, was when he had the opportunity to meet Yukari in her otherworld dimension and the revelation that came with it had shook his opinion towards the lady of boundaries to its core. He could only hope that the day that would greet him would provide him with the answer he so desperately needed…

// loading… //

You wake up. You don’t feel like getting off the mattress, or even starting the day. Goddamn it, just thinking of yesterday and the ordeals you had gone through is enough to make your stomach twist. The sickening grin of Yukari as she tried to dominate you in her domain is also too much for your rational mind to accept, and your mind cannot digest the fact that this woman adores you to the point of obsession.



Never! You are the soldier of the Red Army, and your loyalty is only for the Motherland. The gap hag can do whatever she likes to you, but she’ll never take your heart away from Mother Russia.

You sigh. You should take a bath.

[ ] Go to the hot spring.
[ ] Just use the shower room.

System
+ Date: November 3rd
+ Time: (????) hour
+ Location: Eientei

-x-x-x-x-

>Are you sure it's slightly?
Well, what do you have in mind?

>Get lost Yukari, you had your chance, and you blew it.
But all Yukari wants is some tender loving ;__;
>>No. 21164
[x] Go to the hot spring.

He needs a hot soak.

>Get lost Yukari, you had your chance, and you blew it.
I wouldn't say that, but as long as she's acting so... inhuman, she is no threat to the cute princess.
>>No. 21167
[X] Go to the hot spring.

A shower's not nearly long enough for some peace of mind.
>>No. 21173
[X] Go to the hot spring.

>your mind cannot digest the fact that this woman adores you to the point of obsession.
It could be worse, Yuri. She could have been a yandere.
>>No. 21175
>>21173
Yuri'll realize he's a cut above average guys if immortal princesses and gap youkai want him.

Hell so far, Kaguya hasn't put him through any impossible requests.
>>No. 21185
File 127492847871.jpg - (352.18KB, 715x1000, e8d3199051b04b1652f42a2705f73730.jpg) [iqdb]
21185
Has the vote been called? If not, I'll go with hot spring.

>She could have been a yandere.
Oh god the mental image of Yukari stalking you. Yandere Yukari is hot.

>Yuri'll realize he's a cut above average guys if immortal princesses and gap youkai want him.
Wow. I never thought someone would make this point.
>>No. 21187
[X] Go to the hot spring.
Looking for some peace of mind in a hot spring in a Touhou Fanfic, inside Eientei?
Good luck with that.
>>No. 21188
>>21187

Who knows? It would be too soon for Yukari to start messing with Yuri, and if Yuri's truly dead set on finding such peace he'd ignore all advances and simple shut his mind out from all outside interferences.

Course this could be mistaken as him falling asleep in the hot spring which there is nothing absolutely wrong with that.

Not at all
>>No. 21189
>>21188
I wouldn't mind more bonding time in the hot springs with Kaguya, both of them looking away (Though Kaguya would be cuter blushing than Yuri), and it wouldn't be at all like Kaguya was throwing herself at him or such.
>>No. 21192
File 127497021295.jpg - (118.57KB, 500x500, 1234421760827.jpg) [iqdb]
21192
Alright, I think everyone's agreed upon the hot spring vote. Writing now.
>>No. 21193
File 127497675598.jpg - (124.54KB, 800x572, 298d2a16839ca527f57379af081541f9.jpg) [iqdb]
21193
[c] Go to the hot spring.

This isn’t the time to let the problem hamper your progress, and you know soldiers of the Red Army aren’t going to let anything stand in their way. So, you grab your towel and the essentials and leave the room for the hot spring. Curiously enough, Eientei seems to be quiet at this hour. Maybe everyone’s still sleeping?

You meet Mariel halfway through. “Good morning, Mister Ivanov,” she greets.

“Morning, Mariel,” you say. “What time is it right now? I could’ve sworn this place is dead quiet.”

“Why, sir, it’s fifteen minutes until seven, so I can consider it early,” Marie tells you. “And thanks to the party Miss Eirin had held last night, looks like everyone won’t be awake until…” She pauses as to check her pocket watch; hmm, you didn’t remember seeing her with the device. “Two hours, maybe?”

“Well, I feel sorry for those who had to clean the aftermath,” you say.

Marie giggles. “You don’t have to worry about it, sir. Just leave it to us; go and concentrate on your morning bath, if you will,” she says. “Oh, I’ll let everyone know that the hot spring is occupied.”

“Thanks, Marie,” you reply.

“Have fun,” the rabbit tells you, in which you just nod at her.

You arrive at the hot spring without much problem. You undress and step into the pond, shuddering in contentment as your skin makes contact with the hot water. You sit down, lean on the stone wall and take a deep breath. This is just what you need, a dip in hot spring to relief your body and liberate your mind from problems that have haunted you. You close your eyes,

And then the door opens.

Alright. Whose idea is it to step into the hot spring without checking for the occupant first? You turn to face the intrusion, and there, near the door, you see Kaguya, wrapped in nothing more than a piece of towel.

Crap.

“Oh! I didn’t know someone’s already using the hot spring!” she gasps. “I… I just have to leave you and wait until you’re finished, okay?”

“No, Kaguya, wait.”

She halts, and slowly turns back to you. “Uhh… yes, Yuri?” nervously she asks. God, looking at her this distressed, you can’t help wondering if she really is uncomfortable around people of the opposite gender.

[ ] Nothing. Just let her go.
[ ] Why don’t you let her share the hot spring? It’s not that anything dubious will happen between both of you, is it?
- [ ] Besides, you need to talk with her about what happened last night, anyway.

System
+ Date: November 3rd
+ Time: 0645 hour
+ Location: Eientei
>>No. 21194
[x] Why don’t you let her share the hot spring? It’s not that anything dubious will happen between both of you, is it?
- [x] Besides, you need to talk with her about what happened last night, anyway.
>>No. 21195
>>21193
You had Marie as Mariel a few times in the beginning.
>>No. 21196
>>21195
Ah, thanks for pointing it out. Damn, I easily get confused between the twos.
>>No. 21197
[X] Why don’t you let her share the hot spring? It’s not that anything dubious will happen between both of you, is it?
- [x] Besides, you need to talk with her about what happened last night, anyway.

Even soldiers shoot the breeze whenever possible.

Beats the unnerving silence that hides the haunting thoughts and disturbance within Ivan's mind.
>>No. 21198
[X] Why don’t you let her share the hot spring? It’s not that anything dubious will happen between both of you, is it?
- [X] Besides, you need to talk with her about what happened last night, anyway.

...what's that clicking sound?
>>No. 21201
[x] Why don’t you let her share the hot spring? It’s not that anything dubious will happen between both of you, is it?
- [x] Besides, you need to talk with her about what happened last night, anyway.

In this situation, it's a pity they're not arguing. Like some comedian said, it's very hard to have an argument when both parties are naked.
>>No. 21202
[¢] Why don’t you let her share the hot spring? It’s not that anything dubious will happen between both of you, is it?
- [¢] Besides, you need to talk with her about what happened last night, anyway.

Let's just see how far we've come with Kaguya...
>>No. 21203
I think it'll be nice to clear the air with a girl who isn't trying to make him her toy.
>>No. 21204
[x] Why don’t you let her share the hot spring? It’s not that anything dubious will happen between both of you, is it?
- [x] Besides, you need to talk with her about what happened last night, anyway.
This shouldn't really wait.
Suprise, my dear! Your rival is a Youkai who can crush the very concept of inmortality!
>>No. 21205
[X] Why don’t you let her share the hot spring? It’s not that anything dubious will happen between both of you, is it?
- [X] Besides, you need to talk with her about what happened last night, anyway.

We need Kaguya in the know, to help keep Gappy away.
>>No. 21209
>>21204
I think it's more the warning that weird shit may go down and who the perp is.

But I doubt Yukari would really want to take on Eirin in the battle of the wits, that or the matter of Eirin's former students.
>>No. 21211
[x] Why don’t you let her share the hot spring? It’s not that anything dubious will happen between both of you, is it?
- [x] Besides, you need to talk with her about what happened last night, anyway.


Works for me~!
>>No. 21212
[c] Why don’t you let her share the hot spring? It’s not that anything dubious will happen between both of you, is it?
- [c] Besides, you need to talk with her about what happened last night, anyway.


“I’ll let you share this space,” you tell her. There’s no use ignoring her presence when she’s already within the perimeter. Why don’t you just let her share the hot spring? It’s not that anything suspicious (or immoral) is going to happen between both of you, is it? You have your sense of respect, and you aren’t going to mar it.

“Really? I… I’m grateful to hear that, but…” Kaguya turns away from you. “Isn’t it a bit too early for us to do it? I mean, when it’s just the two of us…”

“Like I’m going to do indecent stuffs on you,” you scoff, causing Kaguya to growl in protest. “Besides, I need to talk with you anyway.”

“Right now? Can’t we just… wait, at least?” she asks.

“It’s about last night.” At the very moment Kaguya’s face turns red, and you can see her getting restless. “It isn’t about what we were doing on the rooftop. I’m already fine with it,” you tell her in an effort to rectify the error. “This is something that you should - no, must know.”

After a few seconds of hesitation Kaguya nods. “Okay, but please turn around.” You oblige and divert your sight to another direction. You hear a soft splash, followed by small ripples as she enters the hot spring, and you wait as she settles in. “Okay. I’m done.” You turn back and see Kaguya sitting not far to your right.

“Thanks,” you tell her. “I was expecting myself to spend the whole morning here alone.”

Kaguya giggles. “Me, too. Never thought to share this place with you, though.” She moves closer towards you until she’s within an arm’s reach. “What’s the matter, Yuri? You don’t look very pleased,” she says.

You sigh. “A lot of things have happened, you see,” you begin. “A lot of them, which aren’t… pleasant.”

“Let me guess. Is it because you already get bored from staying here?” Kaguya asks.

“What? Hell, no! I like this place,” you interject. “In fact, I begin to see Eientei as my second home. I feel… comfortable.”

Kaguya smiles. “I’m glad to hear that.” She pauses as to dip her face into the water. Then she rises from the surface. “In fact, I’m happy that you have decided to call Eientei home.” She begins rinsing her hair, methodically running her fingers through the satin strands. At this close proximity, you have to make sure you aren’t falling into the temptation though you really want to admire the beauty up close and personal- ahem. Not now, soldier. Not now.

“So, what’s so urgent about this matter that you want to tell me?” Kaguya asks.

“…it’s about Yukari.” You feel your shoulders being pressed down by invisible weights, and you don’t like this feeling. “I really hate to mention her name here, because she has… well, done something bad to me.”

“Oh? I’m now getting curious,” the princess says. “Why are you mentioning her name in my presence, if I may ask?”

“You sound like you’re getting jealous over her,” you speak.

“What? How rude!” Kaguya growls and splashes water over you; you pay it no attention whatsoever, although you do give her an intrigued look. “Why should I get jealous? Silly Yuri.”

“I don’t know. I just…” You groan in frustration. Damn, you don’t really like the direction of this conversation. You really wish you hadn’t mentioned Yukari’s name in the first place. “Sorry. I don’t have the mood to tell you.”

“Come on, Yuri. Tell me,” Kaguya pleads. “I don’t know what your problem is, and I won’t be able to help if you don’t tell me.”

[ ] Be honest. Soldiers of the Red Army always go straight to the point, and so are you.
[ ] Tell her what’s happened but leave out the details of the playground incident.
[ ] Don’t break the mood here. You’re beginning to feel at ease, so why bother talking about Yukari?

-x-x-x-x-x

Next update will be posted in new thread.
>>No. 21214
[x] Be honest. Soldiers of the Red Army always go straight to the point, and so are you.
-[x] In the end it was as if I was more a toy than a person to her.

Letting Kaguya know that the end result of the seduction was more disgust than anything.
>>No. 21215
[x] Be honest. Soldiers of the Red Army always go straight to the point, and so are you.
-[x] In the end it was as if I was more a toy than a person to her.
>>No. 21218
[X] Be honest. Soldiers of the Red Army always go straight to the point, and so are you.
-[X] In the end it was as if I was more a toy than a person to her.

See Yukari? If you want someone to like you, you act nice to them. I would suggest you act a little more human period, but that's impossible for you, ya gap-hag freak.
>>No. 21219
[x] Be honest. Soldiers of the Red Army always go straight to the point, and so are you.
-[x] In the end it was as if I was more a toy than a person to her.

I actually would have preferred Yukari, but it's far too late now.

Isn't it sad, Yukari~n?
>>No. 21221
>>21219
> Isn't it sad, Yukari~n?

Not at all.
>>No. 21224
>>21218
You mean more like Kaguya, who's from the moon? She definitely sees Yuri as more as a person than toy, even if he makes a nice warm pillow.
[Return][Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x