[Return]
Archived Thread
File 123804096864.jpg - (489.08KB , 1067x1200 , c9fc0504ee8ca2aec7f8dc35544cb700.jpg ) [iqdb]
14889 No. 14889
eh, the last thread has reached its autosage, so yeah.

---------------------------------

[ ] Argue.

“What exactly is your purpose of asking me that question?” If you have to argue, then it’s the rationale behind Tewi’s question. Sure, you appreciate her help, and you’re more than grateful to have her company, but you can’t help wondering if she is plotting something against you. “If you really want to help me with the bamboo forest layout, what has this weapon got to do with that?”

To your irate, Tewi merely smiles and wags her finger, as if telling you she’s in charge. “Captain, believe me; you’ll use that gun more than you can imagine.”

“I already have slain lots of those fascists with this gun,” you tell her. “Don’t you ever dare underestimating my skill.”

Her smug widens. “Why so serious, Captain? This is Gensokyo, not the Motherland.” You swear you want to drive the rifle’s butt-stock into her face right now. Now she’s the second person after Yukari who’s making fun of Motherland. “Though if you want to compare, it’s one heck of a battlefield.”

You bat an eyebrow. “I don’t get you.”

Tewi chuckles. “You will, Captain. You will. Oh, by the way.”

“What?”

“Enemy behind you!”

Your reflex kicks in. You turn around and aim the gun at the said direction, ready to pull the trigger at the first sight of enemy. There’s absolutely nothing in your sight, only bamboos that are rustling as the wind blows. You turn back to Tewi, obviously irritated, and demand for explanation. “I think I’m going to like you after this,” she giggles.

“Oh… whatever…” you sigh.

You and Tewi walk into the forest. This time, Tewi keeps true to her promise and teaches you the layout of the ground, the do’s and don’ts, what to do whenever a fairy strikes (fairy? Is it similar to those you frequently read about, you wonder) and how to find your way back in case you gets lost. You play the role of audience, listening to Tewi’s endless explanation regarding the bamboo forest, how people easily get lost in it and frequently brought to safety by a certain fire girl.

Fire girl. You wonder who Tewi refers to and whether she’s an important person, judging from her role in helping lost people. Maybe you should pay this fire girl a visit sometime.

“Hey, Captain. Captain? Are you there?”

Your mind wander back to reality as Tewi calls you. “Huh? Sorry; I was thinking of something.”

“Hmm? Is it about the princess?” Now she’s talking. “I see you had gained her trust last night. Already deciding to become her… knight in shining armour? Or should I say… loyal guardsman?”

“Hush,” you interject. “It’s never my intention to approach Miss Kaguya in such a manner. I only owed her for the accommodation, and that is all.” Tewi, instead, smirks at the answer, making you wonder whether she’s trying to trap you. “Look. If you really want to know, why don’t you-”

Your heart skips. You look around; you swear you’re being observed by something. This feeling is very similar to the one you had experienced in Stalingrad, only much more intense. You ready the Mossin-Nagant and your bayonet. “Shh,” you signal to Tewi. “There’s something behind the bushes.” Slowly, very slowly, you take your position and aim your weapon at the direction of the noise, paying no attention to Tewi who looks at you in intrigue.

You finger’s ready to pull the trigger at moment’s notice. You wait. So is Tewi. Minutes pass, and nothing happens. You begin to wonder if you’re having imagination of sort until the source of the disturbance declares its existence to the open world.

It’s a wild boar.

[ ] Hold your fire. Ask Tewi what to do.
[ ] Shoot the beast. All enemies must be disposed of, regardless of their intention.
>> No. 14893
[z] Hold your fire. Ask Tewi what to do.

>>14816
Oho. Clever.
>> No. 14894
[]throw Tewi

[ ] Hold your fire. Ask Tewi what to do
>> No. 14896
[ ] Shoot the beast. All enemies must be disposed of, regardless of their intention.
>> No. 14897
[x] Shoot the beast. All enemies must be disposed of, regardless of their intention.

The Alien, the Mutant, the Heretic
>> No. 14898
[x] Hold your fire. Ask Tewi what to do.
>> No. 14899
[x] Hunt the wildboar for dinner.
>> No. 14900
[X] Hold your fire. Ask Tewi what to do.
>> No. 14901
[x] Shoot the beast. All enemies must be disposed of, regardless of their intention.
>> No. 14904
File 123813648049.jpg- (171.29KB , 1024x725 , 1208578563895.jpg ) [iqdb]
14904
*[ ] Hold your fire. Ask Tewi what to do.*

You stare at the boar. It returns the stare and growls in low voice. At first it doesn’t show any sign of threat as it merely stands on its ground. You lower the Mossin-Nagant, but not low enough to drop your guard. You can’t be sure if the beast doesn’t possess any threat, especially after you notice it constantly stepping back and front.

“Comrade Tewi,” you call her, careful not to startle the creature. “I know nothing of handling creatures in this strange land. What’s your suggestion?”

Tewi walks in front of you. “Stay behind me,” she answers. “I’ll talk to it.” Talking? Will she be able to “convince” the beast that both of you are not a threat? Well, that might just be you since you had conversed with the white rabbit before, and so you shouldn’t perceive what Tewi’s doing as equally strange.

After a few minutes of dialogue in language you aren’t sure what it is, the wild boar turns its back and enters the bushes. You breathe a sigh of relief; that certainly was easier than you thought, and it was certainly a close encounter. Although you’re curious of what prompted the beast to leave. “What did you just… tell it, Comrade Tewi?”

“I told him we’re just walking around,” she answers. “Don’t worry; we won’t see him after this.”

“It better be,” you say.

The rustling is back. You turn around and see the wild boar charging at you in a frontal attack, squeaking what can be considered as a battle cry. What? You thought it had agreed with Tewi to leave you alone! “Damn it! I thought it’s not going to bother us!” you shout as you dodge the initial attack.

“I didn’t know it’s changed its mind!” Tewi answers. “Captain! Watch out!”

You again dodge. You try to aim the Mossin-Nagant, but the beast proves to be too fast for you to aim. The beast tackles again, and you again dodge it. You see an opening and fire a shot; the beast rolls on itself a couple of time, squealing in pain as the bullet penetrates its vertebrae. You think it’s over, until the beast gets back on its feet. It doesn’t seem to be affected by the injury.

The wild boar emits a deafening squeal and pounces at you, leaping a couple of feet off the ground as it does. You can see its tusks protruding out of its mouth, aimed straight at you face. It’s coming at you so fast you have very little time to react.

“Captain!!”

[ ] Evade the tackle.
[ ] Face the beast head-on.

Picture not related, but eh.
>> No. 14906
[x] Step forward while removing your bayonet.
[x] Pierce the underside of the beast, turn, and throw it to the ground.
[x] The moment it shows any signs of movement, shoot it in the head. If that still doesn't work, beat it to death with the butt of your rifle.
>> No. 14907
File 123814035631.png- (16.42KB , 100x100 , MyschiShock - Copy.png ) [iqdb]
14907
>>14906
Oshit you read my mind! That's exactly what I had been thinking of while working with the previous update.
>> No. 14908
[x] Step forward while removing your bayonet.
[x] Pierce the underside of the beast, turn, and throw it to the ground.
[x] The moment it shows any signs of movement, shoot it in the head. If that still doesn't work, beat it to death with the butt of your rifle.
>> No. 14910
[~] Step forward while removing your bayonet.
[z] Pierce the underside of the beast, turn, and throw it to the ground.
[e] The moment it shows any signs of movement, shoot it in the head. If that still doesn't work, beat it to death with the butt of your rifle.
>> No. 14911
>>14907
Yeah. For some reason I have that uncanny ability.
>> No. 14912
Writing, though I have to brainstorm the awesome write-in to make it fit.
>> No. 14913
[x] Step forward while removing your bayonet.
[x] Pierce the underside of the beast, turn, and throw it to the ground.
[x] The moment it shows any sign of movement, shoot it in the head. If that still doesn’t work, beat it to death with the butt of your rifle.

Whatever the trouble you’re facing, you’ve seen worse. Wild boar should pose you very little trouble; plus, you had wrestled a bear - A BEAR - which is at least three times as large and many times as vicious. You know that any creature, however intimidating it is, can be defeated if you can outsmart it.

You step forward. Just a little bit. You remove the bayonet. You wait for the very exact moment to counteract.

You see an opening.

“Die you fascist pig!!!”

You pierce the underside of the beast. It gives out an ear-piercing wail as you twist the bayonet deeper, disembowelling its innards in a swift motion. Fountain of blood gushes out of the wound and showers you face but that doesn’t distract you as you keep ripping the boar from inside out. You throw the disembowelled boar to the ground afterwards, watching as it writhes in agony.

Mudak. You have the guts to challenge the defender of Motherland…”

Paying no attention to your bloodstained self or the horrified Tewi, you approach the creature. It twitches and tries to get up, only to receive a well-placed shot in its skull. This is not enough, so you take your rifle and proceed to beat it to death with its butt. “Eat! This! You! Piece! Of! Shit!” With each pound you drive the butt-stock into the head deeper, until you’re certain the skull is crushed entirely. You’re not sure if you’re screaming bloodlust, but you don’t care. You want it dead and you want it to stay dead.

Finally it ends. You rise from your kneeling position and looks all over you. The acrid yet vibrant smell of your downed enemy. Oh, how wonderful it is to be back to the very root of struggle for survival. You shrug off the sensation and turn to Tewi. She’s obviously appalled by the sudden change of behaviour you were displaying; you figure that she has much more to learn about your combat experience. You replace the bayonet back at its place and clean your face off the bloodstain, as if it were sweat.

“Are you alright?” you ask with a perfectly straight face.

“That…” It takes her a few seconds before she snaps. “That was too close! You could’ve gotten yourself killed, you know?”

You reload the empty Mossin-Nagant. “Trust me, Comrade. You’d be doing the same thing if you were in my shoes.” You pull the bolt once to make sure it’s primed and ready, and took a deep breath. “I’m done here. You said there’s another section of the forest you want to show me, right?”

Tewi seems reluctant before she nods. “By the way, Captain.” She points to the corpse. “What are we going to do about it?”

[ ] Leave the corpse behind. There’s no use bothering it.
[ ] Do something about it. Make a trophy out of its tusks, perhaps.

--------------------

Well, that was a close call. Choosing other vote would have led to us getting killed, which would in turn lead to a "Bad End" scene. In fact, I had already outlined such scenario if we ever hit the Bad End.
>> No. 14914
>>14913
Oops. Meant to hide the BAD END mention in spoiler.
>> No. 14915
>>14914
Landshark end, huh?
[ ] Leave the corpse behind. There’s no use bothering it.
>> No. 14916
[ ] Do something about it. Make a trophy out of its tusks, perhaps.
>> No. 14917
[x] Leave the corpse behind. There’s no use bothering it.
>> No. 14918
[x] Do something about it. Make a trophy out of its tusks, perhaps.

If I remember correctly, we don't have any provisions. It would have been nice to chop it up, salt the meat, and take it back for dinner.
>> No. 14919
[x] Do something about it. Make a trophy out of its tusks, perhaps.
>> No. 14920
[x] Do something about it. Create a leather cap from its skin and add tusks on it.
[x] Get some meat from it for provisions
>> No. 14923
Just checking, since update won't be done by the end of weekend.

>>14918
Where do we get salt in the forest and even if we do, assuming we still have large portion of the forest to explore, ? I can't imagine seeing Ivanov spending his night at the forest, not after the close encounter but eh, it might just be me being unnecessarily paranoid.

>>14920
>Create a leather cap from its skin and add tusks on it.
I like this one. Having something new to wear can be an added bonus.
>> No. 14924
[~] Do something about it. Create a leather cap from its skin and add tusks on it.
[z] Your rabbit will have some truly fiercesome armor.
[e] Get some meat from it for provisions.
>> No. 14925
The cap is not for us. The cap is for the rabbit.
Russians only wear fuzzy hats.
This is not news.
>> No. 14927
>>14923
I think I was misunderstood. The only ration we have in our inventory is a water bottle. We were given no biscuits, jerky, or anything. I assumed that we had been out on the field long enough to deplete it all. But salt?

I said "It would have been nice" would have, had we had any salt in the first place. Otherwise, forget bringing any of it back if we're going to be out all night; it's just going to rot and stink.
>> No. 14928
File 123823599437.jpg- (42.54KB , 365x434 , What seriously - Copy.jpg ) [iqdb]
14928
>>14927
Right. How can I ever forget that we don't have any salt with us? Thanks for clarifying this, otherwise I'd have gone writing down the vote (and have the meat rotting by the way we get home).
>> No. 14929
>>14928
You can smoke the meat though.
>> No. 14933
[x] Set up a camp and feast on your victory
>> No. 14936
[x] Set up a camp and feast on your victory
[x] Smoke some of the meat.
[x] Prepare some of the leather to get our very own armored bunny.
>> No. 14938
>>14929
>>14933
>>14936
I'm originally going to post the update now, but after reading these, I guess I should postpone to adjust it. Seven minutes.
>> No. 14939
File 123827790199.jpg- (278.79KB , 500x500 , f908cb2584558a414c59434 (1).jpg ) [iqdb]
14939
*[ ] Leave the corpse behind. There’s no use bothering it.*

You look at the corpse. Although the meat still remains fresh, the telltale sign of decomposing becomes visible from the way it smells. Tewi doesn’t know it yet, but you know it will not be reasonable to bring it home as food.

“Captain?”

“Just leave it,” you say. “I wouldn’t risk myself carrying it home. Plus, pork easily gets spoiled unless we preserve it right away.” You really wish you could bring home at least a piece, or skin its hide for future usage. Heck, you could make a trophy out of its tusks to commemorate the decisive battle. You have to regret the decision on not taking salt as a part of your provision during your Kursk touring.

“Preserve? Well, we can always smoke it.” Of course! How can you ever forget it? You know you can rely on the tried-and-true preserving technique. Thank you, Comrade Tewi. You really are a lifesaver. “I’ve heard that smoked food tastes good, and are even better when made outdoor. Kaguya will be pleased if you bring some for dinner.” You nod. Though it’s not a part of the plan, at least you have something to bring home.

There’s a hitch. You have learned from experience that smoking is a tedious process, which can take up to eighteen hours if the weather permits. Plus, it’s pork for the sake of Motherland, and you know how notoriously difficult smoking pork can be. Drying over fire is another possible option, but then again you need to get rid of the excess fat and rub salt deep into the flesh.

“Eh? Now that’s a problem.” Tewi goes into thinking mode and it takes her only a few precious seconds before she grins. “Stay here, Captain! I’ll be back!” She leaves before letting you speak your mind, and you’re left alone in the forest with the fresh kill. You still consider leaving the corpse, seeing how there’s nothing you can do about it, and continue with the trip.

Just as fast she disappeared, Tewi reappears and she appears to be pulling a reluctant- girl? You just watch as Tewi nudges the girl on her leg. “Why smoke when we can always roast?” she says. “Right, Mokou?”

“You’re taking me here just to have roasted boar?” the girl in silvery hair asks.

“Right.” You look around as to search for a patch of clear ground before you find one just next to a stream. “We should camp for now. I don’t see any reason not to feast on the victory, since our problem has been solved.”

“Problem? What problem?” the girl asks again.

Tewi giggles. “You’ll see, you’ll see.”

You haul the corpse, its head drooping due to its destroyed skull and walk towards the said location. You place the body onto the ground, positioning it so you can begin your work. For a while, as you kneel next to the beast, you have the silly thought of giving the rabbit its very own armour, complete with tusks battering ram, but idea is just idea. Regardless, you can finally do something about the meat and not just lay it to waste.

You look back at Tewi and the girl. “Hey! Are you two just going to stand there?”

[ ] write in.
>> No. 14940
[x] Take out your bayonet and remove the entire hide and the tusks.
[x] Clean them off with your water bottle and pack them, so that you may do something with them another day.
[x] Slice up the meat into nice stacks.
[x] Have Moukou do her thing.
[x] Ask Tewi if there is a stream anywhere in the bamboo forest so that you may refill your water bottle.
>> No. 14941
[x] Take out your bayonet and remove the entire hide and the tusks.
[x] Clean them off with your water bottle and pack them, so that you may do something with them another day.
[x] Slice up the meat into nice stacks.
[x] Have Moukou do her thing.
[x] Ask Tewi if there is a stream anywhere in the bamboo forest so that you may refill your water bottle.
>> No. 14958
[x] Take out your bayonet and remove the entire hide and the tusks.
[x] Clean them off with your water bottle and pack them, so that you may do something with them another day.
[x] Slice up the meat into nice stacks.
[x] Have Moukou do her thing.
[x] Ask Tewi if there is a stream anywhere in the bamboo forest so that you may refill your water bottle.
>> No. 14981
Posting update, with some adjustment to the write-in.

---------------------------

[ ] Take out your bayonet and remove the entire hide and tusks.
[ ] Clean them off with your water bottle and pack them, so you may do something with them another day.
[ ] Slice up the meat into nice stacks.
[ ] Ask Tewi if there is a stream anywhere in the bamboo forest so you may refill your water bottle. Tell her to fill up the bottle in case you are occupied.
[ ] Have Mokou do her thing.

“Coming!!” Tewi bunny-hops all the way as she approaches you, while the girl in red pants and white shirt hesitantly walks up at you (are those patches you see on her pants?). She doesn’t seem to be in good mood, as you notice, and you bet she doesn’t understand why she’s brought here in the first place.

You shrug. You take out your bayonet and start the process of removing the entire hide and tusks, careful not to accidentally cut the innards or you may hasten the decaying process. “Oh… ho? Captain is preparing the meat for dinner,” Tewi says. “Let’s see how well his knifing skill is.” You pay little attention to Tewi and wash them with your water supply, making sure none of the flesh sticks before you pack them. You have plans to do with them someday, and you make mental note of that.

“That’s one serious dedication.” You look up and notice the girl looking at you in intrigue.

“Preparing the kill? Of course it is.” You return the focus on the now exposed flesh. “What do you want to know about it?”

“Hey, I was just asking,” she says and takes a seat in front of you. “You don’t have to be that dense, you know.” You don’t give her much attention and focus on slicing the meat into portions. Really, preparing the kill has been your second nature ever since your encounter with the bear (of course, you didn’t kill it yourself; it took the effort of you and your comrades to down it), and you’re so immersed into it by the time the last piece of meat is ready it’s already late afternoon.

“You’re boring,” the girl comments. “How long you really have to take just to prepare those stuffs?”

“Oh, Mokou, you’re being wry,” Tewi says. “Captain did the most awesome thing in the whole of Gensokyo. Did you know that he killed the boar with his bare hand?” So saying she does some hand gestures, complete with sound effects, which slightly amuses you. “He’s the best.”

“You’re kidding me,” the girl replies.

“Aw? Am I?” Tewi asks in teasing intonation.

You reach for the bottle, only to find it entirely empty. You must have used all of it to clean off the hide and tusks. “Comrade Tewi.” You hand over the water bottle to her. “Can you help me with this? I need to have it filled up but my hands are full right now.”

“Right away, Captain!” Posing a salute she rushes to the nearest stream, leaving you with the girl and what’s left of the boar.

“Comrade Tewi?” she asks in amusement. “Now that’s something. Nobody I met before ever has the chance to befriend Tewi. What to expect from a prankster, really?”

“Prankster or not, she’s helped me with the forest layout,” you say after putting the finished products aside. “You know, you could offer me some help instead of just sitting there.”

“You tell me,” she shrugs. “Besides, she didn’t even tell me anything about you. That Tewi…” She sighs and stands up. “Alright. Since I don’t have anything better to do, fire it away.”

[ ] ask if she can help you getting rid of the carcass.
[ ] ask if she knows anything about preparing smoked meat.
[ ] ask who she is and what she’s doing in the forest.
>> No. 14982
>>14981

[ ] ask if she knows anything about preparing smoked meat.
>> No. 14988
[x] ask if she knows anything about preparing smoked meat.
>> No. 14990
[X] ask if she knows anything about preparing smoked meat.
[X] ask who she is and what she’s doing in the forest.
>> No. 14991
[ ] ask if she knows anything about preparing smoked meat.
>> No. 14993
[x] ask if she knows anything about preparing smoked meat.
[x] ask who she is and what she’s doing in the forest.
>> No. 14994
[z] ask if she knows anything about preparing smoked meat.
[e] ask who she is and what she’s doing in the forest.

"Does she know anything about smoked meat"?!

Does Marisa know anything about beam danmaku?
Does Reimu know anything about miko-ing?
Does Zun drink beer?
>> No. 14995
>>14994
How else are characters supposed to get bits of meta-knowledge?
>> No. 14998
>>14994

ZUN does not drink beer, as that would be redundant; it comprises his entire circulatory system. He drinks nothing under 80 proof.
>> No. 15005
>>14994

>"Does she know anything about smoked meat"?!
>Does Marisa know anything about beam danmaku?
>Does Reimu know anything about miko-ing?
>Does Zun drink beer?

ಠ_ಠ

Sadly, no updates for tonight, only because I need to take a break. So yeah.
>> No. 15082
[ ] ask if she knows anything about preparing smoked meat.
[ ] ask who she is and what she’s doing in the forest.

Hoping that the girl knows anything about smoked meat and, if possible, getting help about it you ask her. To your surprise, she laughs. “Smoked meat? You’ve got to be kidding me, right? I’ve been making that for as long as I can remember,” she answers.

You don’t find the answer particularly helpful. “If you aren’t interesting into helping me, fine, I can do it myself,” you retort.

“Hey, hold on. I didn’t say I wouldn’t help.” She approaches the meat stack and examines the flesh piece by piece. “I see if I can help you, but first are you hungry?”

You shrug. “Not really.”

“Then I suggest you roast some of the meat first,” she says. “I can take care of the smoking. It takes quite a long time to finish.”

By now Tewi has arrived and hands you the full water bottle, and the girl now tells her to gather some woods and shrubs. “Oh, we’re going to have outdoor meal here? Sounds fun!” she says.

“Tewi surely has lots of esteems towards you,” she continues as Tewi starts gathering woods around the area. “Right. Time to get the work started. I’m getting hungry, too.”
-
-
“Awesome!” Tewi cheers as she munches the roasted mushroom she has gathered along with firewood. “Outdoor meal made even better by the presence of the Captain. Cheers! Too bad we don’t have wine to celebrate his victory over the enemy, but I don’t care!”

You can only shake your head at Tewi’s antique and focus on making a spearhead out of bone. It’s been three hours since you started the work, as far as you can remember, and having the girl as guest of honour in the victory feast is quite unexpected. Nevertheless you appreciate her help, and her presence makes the gathering a bit livelier (at least you wouldn’t be alone with Tewi).

“Why smoked meat anyway?” the girl asks while biting a portion of the roast pork. “You could just have gone with this stuff.”

“I’m a soldier, and I’m running out of provision. Can’t afford to fight without proper meal,” you answer while sharpening the spearhead with your bayonet. “Plus, roast meat doesn’t last long in this kind of environment.”

“A soldier?” She gives you a deep look, as if your presence is completely unknown to her. It takes her a few seconds before she smacks her fist onto her palm. “You’re an outsider. No wonder why your clothes look so unfamiliar.”

You snicker. “Took you a long time to guess, eh?”

“Well, I won’t ask you on how you got here,” she answers.

You shrug and continue sharpening the spearhead. Tewi keeps munching on the mushrooms, occasionally passing some of them to you while punting the girl for having meat instead of liver; what she’s talking of is up to your guess. The atmosphere isn’t as lively as the dinner you had with the households, but at least it brings back memories of your outdoor meal with your comrades.

Right, there’s something that almost escapes your attention. You ask the girl her name, where does she live and what she’s doing in the forest. “The name’s Mokou. Fujiwara no Mokou,” she introduces. “I live here- well, not exactly living here per se, but you can find me anywhere here.” Mokou asks you for water and you pass over the bottle. “People frequently get lost here, and I have to rescue them before something worse happens. What’s yours?”

“Captain Ivanov,” Tewi speaks even before you can start. “Also, this Mokou claims to run a yakitori stand, but business hasn’t been doing well lately, not with today’s economy crisis.” She fakes a sigh and palms her face, paying no attention to Mokou who glares sharply at her. “Oh, the cruel irony of globalization…”

“What are you talking of, Comrade?” you question.

“Hehe, nothing!” Tewi says.

“Captain Ivanov and Comrade Tewi, eh?” Mokou says and returns the water bottle. “Sounds like you two are getting along together.”

“Of course we are!” So saying Tewi stands up and places her hands on her hips, as if she’s proud of being your comrade. “We the Red Army fear nothing! We will stop at nothing until we have paved the road for the future generations.”

“Hey, hey,” you interject.

“So where are you headed to next?” Mokou asks. “I understand that Tewi’s helping you with the forest, but the sun’s setting. I suggest that you go to the human village; it’s safer for outsiders to stay here. If you want, I can take you there.”

You’re reluctant to accept the offer. You still have the forest to explore and you have promised yourself to bring home the meat to Eientei. “Well, I…”

“Don’t worry about the smoked meat, captain,” Mokou assures (now even she calls you with the rank). “I’ll keep them for you. Come see me tomorrow morning.”

[ ] politely reject Mokou’s offer and continue exploring the forest with Tewi
[ ] accept Mokou’s offer and head to the village.

If you decide to accept:
[ ] ask about any people who live there.
[ ] ask if you can resupply your ammunition there. Explain if necessary.
>> No. 15092
[X] accept Mokou’s offer and head to the village.

[X] ask about any people who live there.
[X] ask if you can resupply your ammunition there. Explain if necessary.
>> No. 15093
[X] accept Mokou’s offer and head to the village.

[X] ask about any people who live there.
[X] ask if you can resupply your ammunition there. Explain if necessary.
>> No. 15094
[x] politely reject Mokou’s offer and continue exploring the forest with Tewi

We can always visit the village tomorrow. We should make a list of possible things we'll need during our stay here.
>> No. 15098
[X] accept Mokou’s offer and head to the village.

[X] ask about any people who live there.
[X] ask if you can resupply your ammunition there. Explain if necessary.
>> No. 15152
[~] accept Mokou’s offer and head to the village.

[z] ask about any people who live there.
[e] ask if you can resupply your ammunition there. Explain if necessary.
>> No. 15192
[ ] accept Mokou’s offer and head to the village.
[ ] ask about any people who live there.
[ ] ask if you can resupply your ammunition there. Explain if necessary.

You consider declining the offer. You’re still new here, and chances are you may still lack the knowledge of the Eientei or even Gensokyo. Heck, the forest is still yet to be fully explored and already you have plans to finish the trip by nightfall.

On the other hand, if you do go, chances are you may be able to greet other people and see what the village has to offer. Of course you don’t have the time to list the things you need, but at least you’ll know what to look for afterwards.

“Who’s living there, if I may ask?”

“Well, most of the villagers are human,” Mokou explains. “You can think of it as humans’ safe haven in Gensokyo, including outsiders like you, since unless you’re totally prepared staying outdoor is the most insane thing anyone would do.”

“Hey! Don’t scare the captain!” Tewi objects.

“Look, Tewi, I was explaining here, so don’t jump into the conclusion,” Mokou sighs. “Now where was I? right.” She coughs a bit before continuing: “My friend Keine runs a school there; she also takes care of the villagers’ welfare. And there’s Keine’s fellow scholar Akyuu, though I don’t see her often.” She finishes the last piece of the roast meat, almost choking it before you hand over the water bottle. “Thanks, captain.”

“Hehe, Mokou is very gluttonous today,” Tewi teases and sticks out her tongue when Mokou yells at her. “Boo. Mokou is obviously a river in Egypt.”

“You say what?!”

Keine and Akyuu. One is a schoolteacher, and one is a scholar. Now you know there are lots of interesting people in Gensokyo. You wonder if you can meet them during the visit.

Right, you almost forgot. “I need to know if I can restock my ammunition supply there.” Mokou stares at you in confusion, and seeing the reaction compels you to explain. “What to expect from a soldier who had been outrunning his pursuing enemy only to find himself stranded in Genso…kyo?” Shit, pronouncing the name correctly is harder than you think. You should improve your vocabulary while you’re at it, too. “Besides, I lost my weapon when I got here. Thought I could find a decent replacement.”

“You mean that other gun of yours?” Tewi asks.

“It’s-” You sigh; it’s still not the best time to tell Tewi or Mokou (or even anyone) of your encounter with Yukari. “It’s a long story, Comrade Tewi.”

“I know very little of ammunition or weapons, but if you need to resupply you can find some stocks at the village,” she answers.

Not the kind of answer you’re expecting from Mokou, but it should be fine. “I guess I’m set to go.” You turn to Tewi and give her the hide and the tusks; the worried look in her only makes you smile. “Don’t worry, Comrade Tewi. I’ll be back before dinner,” you tell her. “And be careful with these stuffs.”

“Make sure you come back on time,” she reminds you. “You know where to go in case you can’t find your way, right?” She heads back to the Eientei, bunny-hopping and waving to you as she does, never even paying attention to the hefty load she’s carrying.

“I suppose we can fly over the forest. It’s a lot faster than walking,” Mokou says as you turn to her.

“We can what?”

She bats an eyebrow. “Oh? I suppose nobody has told you about it.”

“Well… not if I can remember.”

She scratches her chin. “Hmm… that’s a problem. Night falls in Gensokyo sooner than you can imagine.” She shrugs and extends her arm at you. “Hold my hand. It’s going to be a rough ride.”

You take the hand, unsure of what she is planning next, but all doubts are immediately silenced when you find yourself floating several metres off the ground. You cannot believe what you’re facing right now. It’s as if you have achieved a feat unacceptable by the law of physics (or even logics, if that matters). It’s as if you’re released from the restrains of the world below you and flying as a free spirit.

[ ] stay quiet; you don’t want to startle your guide and lose the grip.
[ ] express your emotion in the most extravagant way possible.
[ ] pass out.
>> No. 15193
>>15192

[x] Jeez, you'd have to be a retard to shocked by something like this. You've already met rabbit girls so something like this isn't bad at all.
>> No. 15195
I'm in good mood to write today, so yeah, if possible I'll have more updates ready by the end of the day.
>> No. 15196
[x] Jeez, you'd have to be a retard to shocked by something like this. You've already met rabbit girls so something like this isn't bad at all.

Flying shouldn't have much effect on us after meeting the Eientei crew.
>> No. 15197
[X] Jeez, you'd have to be a retard to shocked by something like this. You've already met rabbit girls so something like this isn't bad at all.
>> No. 15198
[x] Jeez, you'd have to be a retard to shocked by something like this. You've already met rabbit girls so something like this isn't bad at all.
>> No. 15200
File 123889643760.jpg- (402.67KB , 1000x900 , 1233290987810.jpg ) [iqdb]
15200
[ ] Jeez. You’d have to be a retard to be shocked by something like this. You’ve already met rabbit girls so something like this isn’t bad at all.

You shake your head many times. No matter how absurd it is, you’re very certain you’re a total ass to be shocked by something like this. Who the hell you think you are questioning such thing? You’ve already met rabbit girls and a woman who has physically invaded your dream and stolen your gun, so something as absurd as flying isn’t bad at all. Just take it easy and you should be alright.

Right?

“You okay down there, Captain?”

The shout knocks your mind back to reality. You look back at Mokou who seems to be anxious over your condition. “I’m alright!” you reply in loud voice amidst the rushing wind as you fly across the area. “Don’t worry! I can get over it.”

“Let me know when you’re going to throw up, okay?” Mokou asks.

“Like I’m going to do that!” you shout back.
-
-
It takes both of you a minute or so to reach the village. Mokou makes a perfect landing, while you try to do the same. It fails miserably as you accidentally slip off your feet and crash into the ground face first. “Got to fix the landing, captain,” Mokou says as she helps you getting back on your feet.

“Next time, give me a warning,” you groan, face flushed over the embarrassing moment. “I think I just broke my nose.”

“Hey, can’t help it if I’m taking someone who can’t fly,” Mokou sighs.

You shrug and look around. The village seems to be quiet; safe for some children who are playing nearby, there aren’t many villagers to be sighted. There are also booths around as well, selling items that don’t particularly pique your interest as yet.

“Well, if it isn’t Mokou.” You turn to the voice and see a blue-haired woman in dark blue dress with white short sleeves approaching you. She also wears glasses of sort, and to your judgment she must have finished her teaching session. The most striking feature, however, is a hat that appears to resemble a box of sort. “Who have you brought here this time?”

“Nah, just someone who needs to resupply his stock,” Mokou answers nonchalantly. “And I’m not here for long, anyway.”

“Leaving already?” she asks.

“I have smoked meats to look after. This fellow has just rekindled my interest in preserved food. Later, Keine, Captain.” Mokou sports a simple salute before returning to the forest, leaving you behind before you can return the salute.

“Smoked meat?”

“It’s provision, to be more precise. And I assume that you’re Keine? Mokou told me about you before we went here,” you speak.

The woman nods. “Keine Kamishirasawa. I’m the guardian of the village.”

“Captain Yuri Ivanov,” you speak. “I’m an outsider, so to speak. Just arrived yesterday.”

“Ah, an outsider.” She corrects her glasses at the revelation; is it you, or does that gesture increase the threshold of her charisma by the factor of ten? “So I take it that you’re looking for accommodation, Mister Ivanov. Is it correct?”

“Actually, I’m already staying at Eientei,” you answer, which earns you a surprised look from Keine. “Miss Kaguya invited me to sleep there after… anyway. I wish to not waste time as I’m expected to return home by dinnertime so let me get straight to the point.” You explain to Keine the errand you wish to do at the village, emphasizing on getting replacement for your lost MP40 and ammunition stocks. You also ask Keine if there’s any way to improve your Japanese, since the skill you learned from your late father is basic at best.

“I can arrange a language class for you if you’re interested but if you’re looking for weapons I suggest that you pay Mister Morichika a visit,” Keine speaks and corrects the glasses for the second time. “There are many items from the outside world his shop has gathered. Perhaps he can help you with the matter.”

You feel a little disappointed by the answer, since you’ve been expecting to obtain new weapon today. However that gives you more reasons to venture outdoor (and knowing more people along the way, too). “Thanks, though. I appreciate it.”

“You’re welcome, but there is something that I need to know first,” Keine speaks, again correcting the glasses’ position (that gesture is almost driving you mad; she’s enticing you without even knowing it!). “How did you get here in the first place? To Gensokyo, I mean?”

[ ] tell her.
[ ] don’t tell her.
>> No. 15201
[ ] tell her.
>> No. 15204
[X] tell her.
>> No. 15205
[ ] tell her.
>> No. 15207
[ze] Tell her all but the Yukari part.
>> No. 15222
[x] Tell her, but don't be too detailed. Leave out Yukari; you just stumbled upon this place by accident.
>> No. 15231
File 123895348492.jpg- (65.42KB , 704x396 , 1232262636701 - Copy.jpg ) [iqdb]
15231
*[ ] tell her.*

She doesn’t look hostile to you, at least from the way she inquires the question. You trust this Keine enough to explain how you got here. And so you do, as you tell her how that you found the cave while escaping the German troopers, and followed its trail until you made your way to Gensokyo. You also point out that you didn’t experience any strange phenomenon inside the cave or stumble across anything that might contribute to the discovery of the cave. You don’t go for details nor do you mention Yukari’s name, since doing so will put you under interrogation. You can’t afford to risk that.

“So you’re saying that you found this place by pure chance?”

You shrug. “I did say that I took shelter in the cave and found a way to this place, didn’t I?”

“Did you check the cave before you leave?”

“It was closed as soon as I came out of it. I bet it collapsed onto itself, but I didn’t hear any rock falling,” you answer.

Keine scratches her chin. “If that’s the case, you’re going to be stuck in Gensokyo for an indefinite amount of time,” she speaks. “Not many outsiders manage to find their way here, and even fewer are able to leave this place. Unless-”

“What is Mister Ivanov doing here?”

You and Keine turn to the voice. It’s Reisen; that’s a surprise to see her here of all places. “And what business does a… useless rabbit and her minions have in the village?” you ask in sarcastic manner.

“Hey! I’m not useless, okay!” Reisen snaps in annoyance when some of her colleagues are giggling over her reaction to the moniker ‘useless rabbit’. “Why are you laughing at me?!”

“Reisen looks very cute in that denial face~,” one of the rabbits reply in singsong voice.

“I am not- hey! What was that for?!” Reisen barks.

You ignore the rabbits’ antique and turn back to Keine. “Seeing that the… rabbits are ready to go home, I guess I should follow her lead,” you tell her. “I would really like to tell more, but I can’t afford to make my host wait.”

“Very well. It’s a pleasure to meet you as well, Mister Ivanov,” Keine replies.

You salute Keine and approach the rabbits, offering to carry a crate they’re struggling to lift. “What’s brought you here anyway? I thought you’re still with the forest with Tewi,” Reisen asks once you have the crate in your arms.

“Long story short, I lost my gun during a brawl with some wild boar.” The rabbits coo at the answer, even commenting on how manly that was. “I expected to find myself a replacement before tomorrow,” you continue and almost lost balance of yourself due to the heavy crate (the rabbits squeal when you’re about to fall). Reisen laughs and you can hear the rabbits protesting the response. “What’s so funny?”

“What kind of question is that, Mister Ivanov?” Reisen asks. “You already have that gun, so why looking for replacement?”

“It’s the other gun-” Reisen keeps laughing, and you are very not amused with the response. Well, you could always tell her it was Yukari’s fault but would she believe it?

[ ] tell her to stop laughing or she’ll have to carry the crate instead.
[ ] don’t tell her of Yukari just yet. The timing isn’t right. Keep it for now.
[ ] ask her if she has any suggestion.
>> No. 15232
>>15231

[x] You're tired of her insolence. Rip the crate open and stuff Reisen in it and seal it shut.
>> No. 15233
File 123895519375.png- (12.11KB , 328x246 , 1236318140932.png ) [iqdb]
15233
>>15232
What a strange way to discipline a rabbit. But then again, Reisen isn't aware of what we have faced throughout the day.

That last update has strained the last piece of my strength. I bid everyone goodnight and I'll be back with more updates as usual.

Picture posted since it has some relevance to the story.
>> No. 15234
[x] tell her to stop laughing or she’ll have to carry the crate instead, and you as well.

Piggy back ride~!
>> No. 15235
[X] don’t tell her of Yukari just yet. The timing isn’t right. Keep it for now.
>> No. 15243
[ze] Tell her to stop laughing, or she’ll have to carry the crate instead, and you as well.

>>15233
You know, when Reimu said "That's just how I roll," this is probably the most terrifying way she could have meant it.
>> No. 15259
*[ ] tell her to stop laughing or she’ll have to carry the crate instead, and you as well.*

You stare at Reisen. This useless rabbit has completely no idea of who she’s dealing with, what you’ve been through along the passing day. Maybe you can try jabbing her at where it hurts the most?

You give it a shot. “I tell you what.” You point to the crate you’re carrying. “Why don’t you stop laughing before I have to order you to carry this crate and I?”

She stops laughing. “What… what is that supposed to mean?!”

“Obviously, Miss Useless Bunny, all you’ve been doing is laugh and laugh and you don’t even care for this poor zaichata,” you reply in sarcastic manner. “Why don’t you make yourself a better person once in a while?”

“I’ll let you know that I’m not as useless as you might think, Mister Ivanov!” Reisen retorts.

“Oh, really? We’ll see about that. In the meanwhile, I’ll just keep calling you useless bunny until I die of boredom,” you continue.

Reisen fumes in embarrassment and sticks out her tongue before walking away in frustration. “Aw! When we thought we could see Reisen giving him a piggyback ride,” the rabbits moan in disappointment. You can only laugh; already you can sense the bittersweet relationship between you and Reisen.
-
-
The party arrives at the Eientei just as the sky turns dark. The rabbits thank you for the help and hurriedly carry the crate to the nearby warehouse. Reisen, on the other hand, immediately enters the mansion and leaves you wondering if she’s still angry over the cynical comments you made. You disregard that and look over yourself; with the smell of blood and smoke sticking on your body you better have yourself cleaned up before even touching the food.

“Just about time.” You turn to the voice and see Kaguya approaching you from another direction. “I was thinking of looking for you at the bamboo forest after this.”

“Oh, hello Miss Kaguya,” you greet her. “Didn’t see you coming, either.”

“Having much fun outdoor, Mister Ivanov?” she asks.

You nod. “Although it’d be better if you could come along,” you remark. “It was kind of quiet when you weren’t around.”

Kaguya laughs. “I wish I could,” she answers. “Oh, yes. Tewi came to me with the stuffs. She told me it was from your… killing? What really happened?”

[ ] answer in details. If necessary, exaggerate.
[ ] answer in brief. Got to have it straight to the point.
[ ] change the topic of conversation. You aren’t in the mood to share the ordeal.
>> No. 15260
[ ] answer in brief. Got to have it straight to the point.
>> No. 15261
[ ] answer in details. If necessary, exaggerate.
>> No. 15262
[ ] Answer in details. Exaggerate. Sky's the limit. Make sound effects.
>> No. 15263
[x] answer in brief. Got to have it straight to the point.
[x] Make sure she knows, you had no choice. It was you or the pig, and you weren't about to be the bacon.
>> No. 15268
[ ] Answer in brief. Got to have it straight to the point.
[ ] Make sure she knows that you had no choice. It was you or the pig, and you weren’t about to be the bacon.

“Long story short: I almost got killed by a wild pig.” You reposition the Mossin-Nagant that almost slips off your shoulder. “It was a close call, and I had to use all tricks to save my own butt, but in the end I prevailed.” Kaguya looks very concerned. You know she begins to worry over your safety, but you have to let her know. “I had no choice back there. It was either the pig or I, and I wasn’t about to become anybody’s dinner.” She still looks at you in worry, and your only action is to give her a pat on her shoulder. “But hey, I’m here so that means I’m fine. Right?”

“I… I guess so,” she answers.

“Whatever it is, I need to clean up. Can’t afford to touch the food when these hands are smeared in blood,” you tell her. “And I assume we’re going to have another dinner gathering, yes?”

“Well, not really,” Kaguya says. “Reisen was kind of angry when I saw her entering her room. Wonder if something happened to her at the village.” You have to laugh; you’ll be in deep trouble if Kaguya knows of Reisen’s fury at you. “Tewi’s gone to the bamboo forest for unfinished business, as she told me.”

“Bummer. I thought I could share the meat with you people,” you sigh. “And what about Miss Eirin?”

“She left a few minutes before you arrived. She was summoned by Yukari again; her servant must have fallen sick again.” You feel nauseate. Sometimes you wonder if you could just avoid hearing the name; the thought of Yukari taunting you with the mischievous smile almost makes you throw up.

“Are you alright, Mister Ivanov?”

You shake your head. “I’m fine. Must be the smell of blood.” You excuse yourself and head to the indoor hot spring. “I’ll see you at the dining room.”
-
-
You sigh in pleasure. Once again, the refreshing feeling of the hot water makes you feel good. The only thing that bothers you is how thick the fog really is, but you’re not in the position to complain. You close your eyes; the close encounter with death almost reminds you of how harsh the reality of battlefield can be, no matter what the motivation is. You get the feeling that the brawl was just the tip of an iceberg, and if the lady of boundary is to be believed you’re in to the wildest party in your entire life.

You don’t want to think about it. Not even the goddamned Yukari and her plot. Right now, you only want to revitalize your tired body, have dinner with Kaguya and have a peaceful sleep afterwards.

You hear the door opened. Someone’s coming! Bloody hell, you thought you’ve already told the servant the room’s occupied. You groan in disgrace; it’s just like the last time when you were taking bath; Kaguya or anyone else ought to have the bathroom fixed as soon as possible.

“Stupid Mister Ivanov; calling me useless bunny as he likes…”

That’s Reisen. She can’t see you, obviously due to the fog (is it you or is the fog getting thicker?). You can see her entering the room, covered in a piece of cloth that barely does its job in covering her naked body. You stay still, not moving even an inch and just observe from your position as she lowers herself into the water.

This is situation critical. You can try holding your ground, and pray that she won’t notice your presence. Or you can use the fog to your advantage and quietly make your way to the door.

[ ] hold your ground.
[ ] retreat to safety.
>> No. 15271
[ze] retreat to safety.

This just won't end well.
>> No. 15272
[ ] retreat to safety.

well... really tempted to stay put, but just to be safe...
>> No. 15274
[ ] hold your ground.
>> No. 15275
Updating. Seven minutes...
>> No. 15276
// CHECKPOINT REACHED //

*[ ] retreat to safety.*

The fog should provide enough cover to retreat. If you can manoeuvre slowly and without any quick movement, you should be able to leave the hot spring to safety. You don’t want any confrontation with Reisen, not right now. Plus, she needs some space to clear her mind after the bitter dialogue she had with you at the forest.

“Who’s there?”

You halt. Did you make any noise? You’re certain you didn’t and press on. “I said who’s there?” Shit; this useless bunny really is something. You stay still, and for a couple of minutes you can see through the fogs Reisen’s looking for someone in the room before she returns to her spot. Looks like the situation’s favouring you, so you make way towards the sliding door.

Just when the door opens.

Shit.

For a second or two, the towel-clad rabbit is looking at you. Then she lowers her head, and- oh dear, she must have seen something traumatizing as she screams “there’s a pervert in the hot spring!” You try to tell her to calm down but in the confusion that takes place she fires barrages of what appears to be energy orb from her hand. In the confusion that takes place she fires what appears to be an energy orb from her hand. You dodge, but the orbs are coming too fast for your reflex to kick in.

Before you know it, the orbs hit and you’re pushed back into the pond - right in front of the equally startled Reisen. You look at her, and she looks back at you. Already her face starts flushing, although you aren’t sure if it’s of embarrassment or the effect of the steamy air. You’re in deep trouble.

“You…”

“Err… greetings, Comrade Reisen. How surprising to see you here of all places.”

“Get out! I said GET OUT!!”

You make haste to the nearest cover, but your movement in the water is sluggish, plus you’re still reeling from the impact of the orbs, and you barely reach the water edge when something hits you at where you expect the least. The pain is very sharp, almost as sharp as getting shot by a sniper round. You quiver, spasm and groan before you fall onto the floor.

For a few seconds, amidst your blurry vision, you can see Reisen panicking over the friendly fire and tries to revive you. You look up and see her red eyes glowing, expressing her shocked reaction over what she has done. The only thing you hear at this point is “I’m sorry, Mister Ivanov! Don’t die on me, please!” and you try to reply to no avails as your words are stuck in your throat. You hear nothing. You can feel nothing. You experience nothing. Just nothing.

Then you white out…

// SUPPOSITORY'D END //
>> No. 15277
oh... crud.....
>> No. 15278
>>15276
Well, forgot to put this:

[ ] back one choice.
[ ] hold your ground.
[ ] write-in (if necessary).
>> No. 15283
[x] hold your ground.
>> No. 15284
Told you to hold your ground. Wusses.
[] hold your ground
>> No. 15285
[x] hold your ground.
>> No. 15292
>>15284

[x] hold your ground.

Indeed.
>> No. 15299
[ze] Hold your ground.
>> No. 15326
Sorry for the delay. I'm so dead tired right now from RL errands that includes settling Internet bill. So here's what I've come up tonight.

----------------------

[ ] back one choice.
[ ] hold your ground.

There’s no use retreating, not in this kind of situation. Moving out of the water will only alert Reisen, and you’re aware of how sensitive rabbit’s listening sense can be. All you can do is to stay still and pray to whichever deity you can think of that she won’t notice your presence. You can still see the silhouette of her body amidst the thick fog and use it as cue.

And so begins the game of cat-and-mouse. Each time she moves a bit, you freeze and hold your breath, your eyes cautiously trailing the direction she’s headed to. Occasionally you, too, switch place, moving very slowly without making any wave in the water, not wanting to notify her of your presence. You also hear Reisen complaining but her voice is so low you have to strain your ears to capture every word.

Finally after what seems to be an eternity… “Reisen! Are you there? I need some help here, can you come over?” It’s Kaguya; she sounds urgent from the way she’s calling. You wonder what she wants from Reisen.

“I’ll be there shortly!” She outstretches herself a bit before moving out of the water. “I guess I’m still useless as always…” You remain still as she closes the door behind her and leaves the hot spring. The coast is clear, for now.

You finish your bath and head straight to your room, having told the servant rabbit to wash the uniform as usual. You dress up and leave the room only to be greeted by the servant. Hmm, you thought she’s already occupied with the laundry or whatever she’s supposed to do right now.

[ ] ask if it’s about the bloodstain on your uniform.
[ ] ask whether Kaguya has told her to escort you to the dining room.
[ ] ask if she has anything else.
[ ] don’t ask and just follow her.
>> No. 15331
[x] don’t ask and just follow her.
>> No. 15339
[ze] ask if it’s about the bloodstain on your uniform.
>> No. 15341
[ ] ask whether Kaguya has told her to escort you to the dining room.
>> No. 15368
[x] don’t ask and just follow her.
>> No. 15371
Not exactly update, but rather a question to be asked, since its answer will help me with the story further.

Do earth rabbits take humanoid form, assuming they are able to do so? Any source to verify this?
>> No. 15375
[ ] don’t ask and just follow her.

one nitpick. Kaguya calls Reisen Inaba.
>> No. 15376
>>15371
Tewi is an earth rabbit.
>> No. 15420
[ ] don’t ask and just follow her.

“Well, I guess it’s about time.” She nods and asks you to follow her, in which you do. You don’t want to forget the lucky charm, so you bring it along. Can’t afford it leave it behind as it’s your most precious treasure.

“How was your field day, sir?” the servant asks.

“Fun, if you ask,” you answer. “It was tiring, though, walking through the dense bamboos while trying to memorize the routes. Comrade Tewi wasn’t very helpful, either.” Okay, that statement was a lie, but what the heck? You blurted it out without a second thought, and it was pretty random to boot, too.

The servant giggles. “Comrade Tewi? That’s cute.”

Cute, eh? She has yet to see her true colour, you ponder. “If only she could lessen her pranks,” you chide in sarcasm. “If only.”

You arrive at the room, and what is presented before your eyes is what you can consider an encore of last night’s dinner: Reisen and Tewi are still at it, chasing and outrunning each other around the room, the former screaming at the latter who you notice is holding carrot in her mouth. Kaguya remains seated at her place, watching them in interest. The only new sight is a girl sitting next to her, flailing her arms and her bunny ears in excitement as she the princess a story of sort. You didn’t remember seeing her around before; she must be a visitor or Tewi’s friend. Or maybe she’s been employed recently? You can’t tell which is which, but do you even care? You’re hungry, and the meals surely look delicious.

“I believe my task here is done, sir.” The servant bows to you. “Please enjoy your dinner with the princess. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have laundries to take care of.”

“Not so fast.” The servant turns back at you, her ears drooping as she tilts her head in curiosity. “You know, you’ve been very helpful to me for the past two days, and I can’t help thinking of returning the favour.”

“With due respect, sir.” Her gaze becomes stern, as if she’s suspecting a hidden agenda; thankfully she doesn’t immediately accuse you for trying to take advantage over her. “The princess has entrusted me to look after your welfare. It is my responsibility to ensure you are happy staying here.”

“Never realized that I’m your responsibility until now, but that doesn’t mean you can overwork yourself, right?” you ask back. Maybe you should be more creative in the wordings, but you need to tell the servant to be less workaholic. She deserves a reward or something similar.

[ ] convince her to take a break. Ask Kaguya if she can join the dinner for tonight.
[ ] respect her opinion and let her go.
>> No. 15424
[x] Respect her opinion and let her go.
[x] Suggest to Kaguya that the servant she has assigned to you has been very helpful, and could use a break.
>> No. 15427
[x] Respect her opinion and let her go.
[x] Suggest to Kaguya that the servant she has assigned to you has been very helpful, and could use a break.
>> No. 15428
[x] Respect her opinion and let her go.
[x] Suggest to Kaguya that the servant she has assigned to you has been very helpful, and could use a break.
>> No. 15441
[z] Respect her opinion and let her go.
[e] Suggest to Kaguya that the servant she has assigned to you has been very helpful, and could use a break.
>> No. 15449
[ ] Respect her opinion and let her go.
[ ] Suggest to Kaguya that the servant she has assigned to you has been helpful, and could use a break.

On a second thought, it might not be a good idea to convince her to take a break right now. She has duties to fulfil, and you have to respect her opinion. “Bummer. When I thought the two of us could spend some quality time with the rest tonight,” you sigh.

“My apology if I have to turn down your offer,” the servant says.

“No, no. I was at fault for being too eager,” you insist. “Go figure.”

The servant just smiles. “Well, then.” She bows to you again and you reply by doing a half-bow. As she leaves to continue her errand, you turn your attention to the diners and call out. Tewi notices your presence and salutes to you, all while dodging Reisen’s grasp. Kaguya waves to you and gestures at the empty spot next to her, while the girl- wait. Is she new here?

“Did I miss the party?” you ask after taking seat.

“We’re just getting started,” Kaguya answers in joking manner. “Let’s hear some more stories from you.”

You force yourself to laugh. “I thought I was done with my army story last night.”

“But I’m sure you have lots of other stories,” she says. “Right, everyone?”

“I agree!” Tewi exclaims just before Reisen finally captures her. “Help! I’m captured! I’m going to become prisoner of war,” she cries playfully.

“Learn to behave, jeez!” Reisen grumbles.

“So says the useless bunny that never bothered to check the bathroom before coming in,” you jibe which to your expectation causes Reisen to fume in annoyance at you. “Seriously, why can’t you make sure if someone’s using it firsthand?” you speak.

“What does that supposed to mean?” Reisen demands before she covers her mouth in shock. “Don’t… don’t tell me you were there?”

“Hey, be thankful that the fog was thick enough to block my sight,” you shrug. “Or things could become really interesting.”

“You… pervert!!” Reisen barks, her face already burning in embarrassment.

By now Tewi has fled Reisen’s grasp and stands beside you. “See? I’ve told you she’s only good for her sex appeal.” Again Reisen snaps and demands that she isn’t called useless, which Tewi purposely ignores. “Though I was surprised you didn’t take the initiative,” she continues while nudging your shoulder.

“What initiative, Comrade Tewi?” you ask.

“You know, a man and a woman, alone in hot spring, doing THIS and THAT-” She winks at you. “I think you know how it ends. Right?”

You decide not to ask; you get the feeling that arguing with Tewi will only lead to nowhere, plus you already know what she meant. “Anyway, such feast does not deserve to be wasted,” you speak. “Come! Let us thank the Motherland for this luxury.”
-
-
The dinner ends an hour later. Tewi is lying on the floor, patting her tummy in satisfaction. Reisen is seated across the table, murmuring of something about her being a useless bunny as the result of getting drunk. The girl, whose name you yet ask, is occupied with the carrot salad, and that leaves only you and Kaguya.

“I notice that you’ve been bothered by something. Is there anything I can help?” Kaguya asks as she fills your glass with rice wine.

You shake your head. “I’m fine. I’m just wondering if the servant you’ve assigned to me-”

“Hmm? Did she upset you?” she asks again. “What did she do to displease my guest of honour?”

“No, no. You misunderstand,” you answer. “What I’m trying to say here is she could use a break for- I don’t know. Picnic sounds feasible.”

She clasps her hand. “Ah. I get it. But why do you ask?”

“I tried to invite her to the dinner, but was turned down,” you say with a dejected sigh. “I was thinking that she might be a workaholic, but come on. She deserves a break or something.”

“I see, I see.” Kaguya scratches her chin. “I’ll take care of it. Don’t worry about her; just let her do her job.”

“Thank you, Miss Kaguya. And by the way…” You point to the as-yet-to-be-identified girl. “If I must ask, who is she?”

Kaguya laughs. “Don’t you remember? It’s your emergency food ration.”

You blink; is she trying to scare you or what? “Excuse me, Miss Kaguya, but I don’t think I remember taking the girl as…” You stop; the girl is staring at you in intrigue. Who does she think you are? Her precious treasure? Potential rival? Sworn enemy?

“Oh, come on. You can’t possibly forget, can you?” Kaguya continues and pats the girl’s head. “She’s told me that she was thankful for not becoming someone’s food.” You can’t tell whether she’s telling you a joke or being serious; well, she isn’t being serious throughout the dinner, so you can’t tell.

“Well?” Kaguya asks expectantly.

You’re about to answer when the girl stands up and approaches you. To your surprise, she drops onto your back and wrap her arms about your neck in a playful embrace. “Aw,” you hear the girl sighing as the embrace tightens. “How can Master Ivanov forget me, the silly zaichata that wanted to sleep inside his bag yesterday?”

[ ] write-in.
>> No. 15459
[x] Sigh and palm your face.
[x] "I've encountered much during the short time I've been here, but now I draw the line. You'll excuse me if I don't believe a word of this, won't you?"
[x] "Now, saying I should believe you - not that I do - but if I should, I'm really torn between whether it is a blessing or a curse that my ration has grown. On one hand, there's plenty more with which to survive; on the other, not enough space in my pack for all the extra meat..." wander off in thought while mumbling different things about meals and preserving methods.
>> No. 15460
[x] Sigh and palm your face.
[x] "I've encountered much during the short time I've been here, but now I draw the line. You'll excuse me if I don't believe a word of this, won't you?"
[x] "Now, saying I should believe you - not that I do - but if I should, I'm really torn between whether it is a blessing or a curse that my ration has grown. On one hand, there's plenty more with which to survive; on the other, not enough space in my pack for all the extra meat..." wander off in thought while mumbling different things about meals and preserving methods
>> No. 15480
[x] Sigh and palm your face.
[x] "I've encountered much during the short time I've been here, but now I draw the line. You'll excuse me if I don't believe a word of this, won't you?"
[x] "Now, saying I should believe you - not that I do - but if I should, I'm really torn between whether it is a blessing or a curse that my ration has grown. On one hand, there's plenty more with which to survive; on the other, not enough space in my pack for all the extra meat..." wander off in thought while mumbling different things about meals and preserving methods

I really enjoy your story so far, keep up the good work. Also, I should be reading this to myself in a Russian accent, right?
>> No. 15483
[~] Sigh and palm your face.
[z] "I've encountered much during the short time I've been here, but now I draw the line. You'll excuse me if I don't believe a word of this, won't you?"
[e] "Now, saying I should believe you - not that I do - but if I should, I'm really torn between whether it is a blessing or a curse that my ration has grown. On one hand, there's plenty more with which to survive; on the other, not enough space in my pack for all the extra meat..." wander off in thought while mumbling different things about meals and preserving methods.
>> No. 15485
>>15480
You should not even have had to ask.
>> No. 15490
>>15480
Glad to hear that you like it.

Writing as we speak. Seven minutes, even more, depending on how fast I can type it out. Also:

[ ] name the white rabbit.
[ ] don't name the white rabbit.

Not a part of the story, but whichever wins will be implied in future updates.
>> No. 15492
[x] name the white rabbit.

Sasha~
>> No. 15493
>>15490

[ ] Sigh and palm your face.
[ ] “I’ve encountered much during the short time I’ve been here, but now I draw the line. You’ll excuse me if I don’t believe a word of this, won’t you?”
[ ] “Now, saying I should believe you - not that I do - but if I should, I’m really torn between whether it is a blessing or a curse that my ration has grown. On one hand, there’s plenty of more which to survive; on the other, not enough space in my pack for all the extra meat…” wander off in thought while mumbling different things about meals and preserving methods.

This has to be the most ridiculous thing you’ve encountered so far, probably on par with Yukari’s intervention. Maybe it’s even made weirder by the fact that the girl claims to be the white rabbit, the silly zaichata. What can you do to express your thought in this kind of situation? No; what must you do?

You palm your face. You let out an exasperated sigh. “I’ve encountered much during the short time I’ve been here,” you murmur. “But now I draw the line. You’ll excuse me if I don’t believe a word of this, won’t you?”

“Like I want to care for that,” the girl replies as she keeps hugging you. “But that sounds fun.”

“Now, saying I should believe you - not that I do, but if I should.” You pause when she presses chest against your back.

Deliberately.

The temptation. You must resist it.

“I’m really tor between whether it is a blessing or a curse that my ration has grown,” you continue, dismissing the gesture as mere playful act. You shiver as she keeps pressing herself against you, almost crying out foul words in Russian as a response to the act. You want to shrug her off, but she’s holding you in a bear-hug.

The girl loosens her arms a bit. “I didn’t see any problem with that,” she says.

“One one hand, there’s plenty more with which to survive.” You pause again, as to lower the hand a bit to glance at Kaguya. “On the other, not enough space in my pack for all the extra meat…”

And so you wander off in thought while mumbling different things about meals and preserving methods, speaking in your mother’s tongue on smoked meat being the best option you can afford. You no longer care whether the girl wants to be affectionate towards you or if she’s trying to entice you with her charm. Seriously, this is getting way too ridiculous. You aren’t supposed to act so out-of-character. You are supposed to show yourself as a proud soldier who is willing to take on anything. This isn’t like you, the beloved child of the Motherland, the fierce defender of freedom. This is so unlike you, who have faced countless fascists and cheated death many times. This… is…

BAM.

You head-desk. You are unsure of why you’re doing it, but why bother? Right now, you have set up your goal to end the day as quickly as possible. The girl giggles at your reaction and pats your shoulder, saying that things will be fine as long as you take it easy.

Kaguya laughs. “I think we have broken Mister Ivanov.”

“Poor Master,” the girl says as she keeps patting you.
-
-
Midnight. Everyone’s gone to their dream world. You are alone inside your room, with nothing else but your gears to accompany. The girl who’s been claiming herself as your silly zaichata is sleeping with Kaguya after some persuasion (although you were to blame when she started crying, but whose fault was it in the first place?). After all, how were you supposed to act when you found that your emergency food ration - that you caught with your own hand - had turned into a human?

You disregard that. You want to sleep, and that’s your top priority.

You’re on your back, staring into the featureless ceiling that seems to move away from you. You roll on your sides, switching from left to right, and even go prone. How many times you’re doing it, you can’t fall asleep. Your eyes are begging to shut, and your mind is screaming “SLEEP, DAMN IT!” but your body refuses to give in. Shit. You can’t allow this to happen.

[ ] think of the lullaby your mother used to sing on bedtime and sing it.
[ ] go outside and take some fresh air, but stay well within the vicinity of the room.
[ ] head to the kitchen. Find something to clear your mind and make you sleep faster.
>> No. 15495
[x] Head to the kitchen. Find something to clear your mind and make you sleep faster.
[x] While walking, think of the lullaby your mother used to sing at bedtime and sing it.

I now want a ration route.
>> No. 15520
[x] Head to the kitchen. Find something to clear your mind and make you sleep faster.
[x] While walking, think of the lullaby your mother used to sing at bedtime and sing it.
>> No. 15522
[x] Head to the kitchen. Find something to clear your mind and make you sleep faster.
[x] While walking, think of the lullaby your mother used to sing at bedtime and sing it.

How do we say ration in russian? Maybe we can twist it into a name. Or we could with the stand by of "Sasha".
>> No. 15530
File 123967745911.jpg- (15.10KB , 640x360 , piro.jpg ) [iqdb]
15530
>>15522
We could name her 'Piro'.
>> No. 15541
[z] Head to the kitchen. Find something to clear your mind and make you sleep faster.
[e] While walking, think of the lullaby your mother used to sing at bedtime and sing it.

Serial, that last update was gold. I loved it.
>> No. 15564
When the next day arrives when must take it upon ourselves to snap Reisen back into her old soldier self.

NO WORTHLESS LAYABOUTS ON OUR WATCH. YOU'LL GET UP AT 4:00 AM AND TRAIN YOUR ASS OFF USELESS BUNNY. A SOLDIER WHO FORGETS THEIR TRAINING IS WORTHLESS.
>> No. 15566
[ ] Head to the kitchen. Find something to clear your mind and make you sleep faster.
[ ] While walking, think of the lullaby your mother used to sing at bedtime and sing it.

There has to be some way to cure your sleep deprivation, hasn’t it? You start thinking of the solution, just when your stomach grumbles. Right. It may not be wise to have late supper, but if it can make you sleep faster you have to give it a try.

You get up and head for the kitchen. By now you have learned the direction by heart (or rather, by instinct) so you won’t have any problem in finding it, even in complete darkness. You can’t help noticing how quiet the mansion can be in night-time. You don’t see any guard patrolling, or even anyone for that matter, and the silence compels you to do something.

Oh, that’s right. You remember the lullaby your mother used to sing at bedtime. You can’t recall the lyrics but at least you can hum or whistle to the rhythm. So you do as you walk down the empty lane, evoking memories of precious childhood years you had left behind in pursuit of becoming the defender of Motherland. You kind of miss your mother and her gentle care after all these years, yet with her blessing you’re certain you’ll be doing fine in the frontier.

You arrive. There’s no one to be seen, and you walk in without high expectation of seeing anyone. You keep on humming the lullaby while looking for leftovers around the area, trying to make you feel less alone in the premise.

“I see you’re having problem with your sleep.”

You look at the direction of the voice and saw Eirin near the dining table. “Oh, hello Miss Eirin,” you greet. “You were missing the party.”

“I know. The princess told me about it as soon as I got back.” She approaches the fridge. “I assume it was fun, yes?” she asks.

You sigh a little. “If it wasn’t for my ration, it would have been fun.”

“It can’t be helped when the ration you’re talking of is an earth rabbit, can it?” Eirin takes out what looks like a milk carton and hand it over to you. “This is what you’re looking for, am I right?”

“You read my mind, Miss Eirin,” you speak as you take the milk. “Thanks, though. Just what I needed.”

“Glad to be of help.” Eirin brings out a bottle of plain water and invites you to sit with her. “How do you like staying in Eientei? Do you find this place favourable?” she asks as she returns to her place.

“I don’t know,” you answer. “Two days aren’t going to be enough to justify my liking for this place. Hell, I still have the bamboo forest to fully explore, no thanks to the boar.”

“She told me of that, too,” Eirin speaks and takes a drink. “I must say that you had the nerves of steel to take on the beast. Creatures here behave differently than those in your world.”

“It was an act of self-defence,” you speak and sip a bit of the milk. “It was either I or the boar. One of us had to go down in the end.” You sigh and put down the glass you’re holding. “Though to be honest, I regretted myself for worrying Miss Kaguya. Maybe I should be a bit more careful in the future.”

“She would be deeply distressed if you ended up getting injured, since you’re her guest of honour,” Eirin says. “And making her sad and angry will be the last thing in your mind. Words of advice, Mister Ivanov.” She fills the glass again. “Whatever you do, make sure you won’t upset her in the end. You have gained her trust, so hold onto it.”

“I will.” You finish the milk and pour in new batch, as Eirin does the same to hers. There’s nothing much to talk of between you and the pharmacist, and even if you do you aren’t in the mood to speak your mind. You’re aware that Eirin is looking, as if she’s examining your physical condition, and you pay no attention to what she’s doing.

Eirin notices the response and chuckles. “You seem to be in trouble, Mister Ivanov. What’s the matter?”

[ ] continue the conversation. Tell Eirin the problem you’re facing.
[ ] end it. You have consumed enough milk to call it a day. Thank Eirin for accompanying.
>> No. 15567
[X] end it. You have consumed enough milk to call it a day. Thank Eirin for accompanying.
>> No. 15568
[X] end it. You have consumed enough milk to call it a day. Thank Eirin for accompanying.
[x] Sleep under the stars again. A bed is nice, but too much luxury makes to the body weak. Guess that's why Reisen is so useless.
>> No. 15569
[x] end it. You have consumed enough milk to call it a day. Thank Eirin for accompanying.
[x] Hum the tune on the way back to your room.

>>15568
Yet we just promised not to worry Kaguya.
>> No. 15575
File 123984157995.jpg- (39.81KB , 423x288 , handgrenade.jpg ) [iqdb]
15575
[ ] end it. You have consumed enough milk to call it a day. Thank Eirin for accompanying.

You smile a bit. It’s just you being not the talking type, and you feel rather comfortable that way. “Don’t worry; I’m always like this,” you say and put down the empty glass. “Though I had the slightest thought of putting the useless bunny into strict training regime.”

Eirin laughs. “Oh, my. Already thinking of giving Udonge hard time?” she asks.

“Nah; just making sure she gets a taste of discipline. It wouldn’t hurt, would it?” you chuckle. “Anyway, I think I’ll call it a day. Thanks for being… present. Don’t know what I would’ve done if you weren’t here.”

Eirin smiles. “It’s my pleasure, Mister Ivanov.”

You bid farewell to each other and head off to different directions. You resume humming the tune of the lullaby as you make your way back to your room. That was a quality time you had with Eirin, you think. It would be enjoyable if you could have more conversations with the pharmacist.

Your thoughts die away when you see someone kneeling on the floor. You approach the person and find that it’s the servant. At first you want to ask what she’s doing out here but the shocked look on her face suggests to you that she’s spotted an unpleasant sight.

“Are you alright?” you ask as you kneel next to her. She’s still speechless, and you have to shake her on the shoulders. “Hey! Are you alright?”

The servant gasps. “Sir, I saw someone…” Her voice is trembling in shock. It’s becoming obvious that someone - or something - has entered the mansion, and she’s the first person to see the perpetrator.

“What is it? Tell me,” you demand all while holding her trembling shoulders.

You hear a crashing sound at the opposite end of the lane. You turn to the direction and saw several guards getting knocked off by an invisible force. At a short glimpse you see a shadowy figure passing over the downed guards in swift motion.

“You know you can’t catch me!” The figure jumps over another group of guards, and it’s headed straight towards you. “I’m the fastest in Gensokyo there is!” You get a full glimpse of the figure wearing black and white with what looks like a pointed hat. The servant shrieks and clings onto you; this person must be the one who has terrorized her.

“Hey! You!” the figure shouts. “You’re on my way! Get down!”

You have only a few seconds to react.

[ ] hit the deck and take the servant along.
[ ] confront the shadowy figure head-on.
>> No. 15580
[x] confront the shadowy figure head-on.
[x] Tackle her to the ground. Pin her down. Interrogate her.
>> No. 15582
[x] confront the shadowy figure head-on.
[x] Tackle her to the ground. Pin her down. Interrogate her.
>> No. 15584
[x] confront the shadowy figure head-on.
[x] Tackle her to the ground. Pin her down. Rape Interrogate her.
>> No. 15586
[x] confront the shadowy figure head-on.
[x] Tackle her to the ground. Pin her down. Interrogate her.
>> No. 15594
[x] confront the shadowy figure head-on.
[x] Tackle her to the ground. Pin her down. Interrogate her.

FOR THE RABBITS!
>> No. 15596
[z] confront the shadowy figure head-on.
[e] Tackle her to the ground. Pin her down. Interrogate her.
>> No. 15603
[ ] Confront the shadowy figure head-on.
[ ] Tackle her to the ground. Pin her down. Interrogate her.

There’s high chance that you may end screw up and end up letting her escape, but you’re confident of your ability. In the split second that follows you confront the oncoming person head-on and lower your body a bit, just like when you faced the boar.

There’s no time to waste. Here goes nothing.

You lunge forward. Time seems to slow down as you meet the culprit behind the chaos, and for a while you can see the golden eyes widening in utter surprise. She’s in shock, and so are the servant and the guards.

“FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!”

You tackle her. A loud thud is heard as the two of you crash into the floor. You cannot allow her to escape so the first thing you do is to restrain her, pinning her down to the floor with your strength. “H-hey! What the hell are you doing?” she shrieks as you firmly secure her head at both sides of her head.

“So you have the guts to break in while everyone’s enjoying their dream.” You turn her around and lock her hands behind her back with one hand, all while assuming a kneeling position. “Tell me what has brought you to this place in the middle of the night, or I’ll resort to my favourite technique.”

“Let me go!” she moans and yelps when the grip on her hands tightens.

“Like I want to do that,” you answer and cover her screaming mouth; you’re not sure why you’re overdoing it but you don’t care. “I’ll turn you over to the guards and let them do the rest. As for me, I’m just someone who happens to be sleeping after this.” Just then you see a bright flash of light glowing at the front, enough to distract you from her. In the negligence that follows you loosen your grip and she slips away, before hitting you on the waist with a broom (where the hell did that come from?).

“Nice try, but that isn’t going to work,” she says. “Like I said, nobody here can catch me that easily.” You try to stand but fall on your knees; damn, she hit you right on the same spot Yukari had kicked, and it hurts so much it messes with your brain. “Oh? Looks like I hit you a bit too much.”

“You aren’t… going to escape…!”

More guards are coming, blocking the girl’s escape route from both sides. She whistles in amusement and corrects the pointed hat. “Trying to deny me an escape route? Well, I can always create one.” She produces an object from her hand and aims it diagonally upward, and she throws you a grin as the object charges up.

“See you!” The object gets engulfed in the same white flash. “Love Sign! MASTER SPARK!!!!” What follows is something very spectacular, if not otherworldly, as she shoots a multi-coloured beam from her palm that blasts the ceiling and all the way to the edge of the night sky. The ‘pillar of light’, as you first thought, blinds everyone within the vicinity and as it dissipates after a few seconds the girl is nowhere to be seen. She must have used the beam to cover her escape. Nice choice of strategy; you have to compliment her for that.

“What’s going on here?” You turn to the voice and see Eirin rushing towards you. One of the guards approaches her and reports the pharmacist on the break-in, while another guard helps you getting back on your feet. There seems to be a bit of confusion as Eirin starts questioning the guard about the girl’s intention.

“So you’re saying that she didn’t steal anything this time?”

The guard nods. “Yes, Mistress. We have double-checked the inventory room to make sure nothing was missing. It seems her intention tonight was only to look around.”

“We can’t let her do whatever she wants,” Eirin speaks. “Tighten the security over sensitive areas. Send in extra guards to the front and back gates.”

“Right away, Mistress.”

All but one guard return to their station, leaving only you, the assisting guard, Eirin and the servant. The chaos and disorder disappear, and the night returns to its usual state of silence. The only voice audible is the servant’s whimper and you ask the guard to take you to her. “Poor lady must have been freaked out,” you say.

“Are you alright, Mister Ivanov?” Eirin asks.

“That black-and-white girl hit me hard on my kidney,” you answer and wince at the stinging pain on your waist. “But yeah, I’m good to go.” You carefully kneel in front of the servant, and at this point you can’t help feeling sorry over her ordeal. “You okay now?”

“…y-yes, somehow,” she replies, the trembling gone as you pat her shoulders. “…t-thank you. I… I owe you.”

“Hey, I didn’t even do anything,” you shrug and help her getting up. “Well, at least we got rid of that girl. But who the hell is she?”

“That has to be Marisa,” Eirin utters. “She wouldn’t bother coming here if she didn’t have anything to steal from.” She folds her arms and lets out an exasperated sigh. “My mushroom supply keeps diminishing because of her.”

“Mistress, this brave man did something very incredible,” the guard speaks.

“Oh?” She turns to you. “Well, how incredible was his feat?”

“Nah, I just tackled her head-on and strangled her afterwards,” you shrug. “She’s a bit easier compared to, let’s says, a bear, but then again that might be me exaggerating.”

“I can see that,” Eirin speaks. “But are you sure you’ll be alright? Your kidney needs immediate attention.”

“I’ll be fine,” you tell her. “Don’t worry. It will disappear by tomorrow. Though…” You look up at the hole in the ceiling, and everybody does the same. “I’m very sure we should repair the hole as soon as possible.”

“Thank you again, sir,” the servant replies. “If anything, please let me do something in return.”

[ ] ask her name. She’s been helping you a lot, and you don’t know her name? How shameful.
[ ] tell her she doesn’t need to overexert her efforts.
>> No. 15604
[ ] ask her name. She’s been helping you a lot, and you don’t know her name? How shameful.
>> No. 15605
[X] ask her name. She’s been helping you a lot, and you don’t know her name? How shameful.
>> No. 15606
[x] ask her name. She’s been helping you a lot, and you don’t know her name? How shameful.
>> No. 15607
[ ] ask her name. She’s been helping you a lot, and you don’t know her name? How shameful.
>> No. 15608
[ze] Ask what her name is. She’s been helping you a lot, and you don’t know her name? How shameful.
>> No. 15628
[ ] ask her name. She’s been helping you a lot, and you don’t know her name? How shameful.

How generous. She’s asking whether you want her to return the deed. She must be very eager to show you her gratitude, but sorry; not now. At least, not when you start to feel sleepy. “Let me see…” You scratch the back of your head. “I’m not sure if that’s what you wanted to do at this hour so, so…”

“I… I see,” the servant replies, a bit dejectedly. “I’m sorry.”

“Hey, don’t let that depress you,” you say and pat her head, ruffling your hand between her rabbit ears; she is slightly upset by the gesture but stays still as you keep “You’ve done everything to look after my life here, and I’m grateful. If anything, I only ask you one thing.”

She expectantly looks at you. “Which is?”

You smile. “Your name.” The very request is enough to make the servant blush, and both you and Eirin chuckle to see the reaction. “Well, that isn’t going to be hard, is it? I mean, come on! You’ve been helping me a lot ever since I came here, and I always miss the opportunity to learn of your name. How shameful can that be?”

“I…” She frowns, apparently trying to hide the flushing colour on her face. You can see one of her rabbit ears drooping “…I’m not sure if it’s appropriate… to…”

“Well, all he asks is your name,” Eirin speaks. “So tell him.”

She raises her head. Although the blush remains intact, she looks like she has gained a bit of confidence. “I… very well.” It takes her a few seconds to correct her posture, and when she does she’s ready. “Marie Inaba. Pleased to meet you, sir.” With that said she gives you a full bow, and when she rises back you can see a look of relief in her eyes. You can tell that she - Marie - has overcome the most difficult obstacle in her life, and you have to compliment her for that.

“Glad to know you, too, Miss Marie,” you say and give her a light bow in return. “I’ll be counting on you from now on.”
-
-
You are back at your room, lying on the comfortable futon. You throw your sight to the ceiling and ponder of all events that have taken place up till now. Among them, the highlight has to be the encounter with the wild boar and the black-white girl, and those are your wakeup call. If you don’t do anything, you’re going to have your ass kicked a lot in the future, and not just by wild boars or the black-white - or even anyone else.

You rest an arm over your forehead. You still have a couple of minutes more before sleep takes over. You should…

[ ] perform inventory check-up. Make sure you don’t lose anything to the black-white, now that you mention it.
[ ] do nothing and go to sleep. You need it.
>> No. 15629
[x] Hum the tune again and fall asleep.
>> No. 15637
[ ] perform inventory check-up. Make sure you don’t lose anything to the black-white, now that you mention it.
>> No. 15640
[x] perform inventory check-up. Make sure you don’t lose anything to the black-white, now that you mention it.
>> No. 15641
[x] perform inventory check-up. Make sure you don’t lose anything to the black-white, now that you mention it.
>> No. 15643
[X] perform inventory check-up. Make sure you don’t lose anything to the black-white, now that you mention it.
>> No. 15646
File 124010676590.jpg- (21.71KB , 425x266 , Cod4_01.jpg ) [iqdb]
15646
[ ] perform inventory check-up. Make sure you don’t lose anything to the black-white, now that you mention it.

You turn your head to the side. You see your backpack lying on the floor, apparently untouched since you left to the forest. Now that you mention it, you should perform inventory check-up before going to sleep, just in case. You approach the backpack and pour all items onto the floor. You know you can put the 32-round clips aside since you no longer have the MP40 (damn you, Yukari!). As for everything else, you take a look on each item.

+ Scoped Mossin-Nagant? Check.
+ Bayonet? Check.
+ Water bottle? Check.
+ Clean clothes? Check, though you may not need them in time being.
+ Your diary? Check. Got to have something written in it.
+ Photograph of your comrade? Check.
+ Pilotka cap? Also check.

“These should do.” You return all the items to their respective place, until you notice something amiss. You recheck the inventory, and you redo it for many times. You even check inside the backpack and every hidden pocket you can find. You’re stumped. Where is the 30mm amulet? You look around the room, underneath the mattress and even at the outside, but you can’t find it anywhere. You know you had it hung around your neck like you used to do, and you’re very sure it never got off from your sight.

Unless…

You rewind your memory a few minutes back. The black-white girl, Marisa, slipped away from your grip, hit you hard on the waist and used the whatever-the-attack-was to escape. Your rewind your memory a bit backward again: moments before she fled your grapple, you remembered feeling something snap off your neck. A realization hits you: she must have snatched the amulet in your neglect! This is an outrage! How could you ever overlook it? That’s the most significant item in your possession, and are you going to let Marisa escape with her crime?

“Oh, for Motherland’s sake…”

You crawl back to the futon. You may have lost the battle, you tell yourself, but not the war. As a matter of fact, your war has just started. Tomorrow, as the sun rises, you shall make your move and make your presence known all across Gensokyo.

You close your eyes, and you fall asleep.
-
-
Day: TWO
Route: KAGUYA HOURAISAN
Route Status: LOCKED
Commentary: well done, comrade. Once again you have survived the ordeal of this strange land. With your precious amulet gone, however, you make it your top priority and find the culprit who has unjustly taken it away from you.

-----------------------

And so Day Two reaches its end. I will have Day Three started sometimes today (or tomorrow), depending on the circumstances.
>> No. 15648
Made some errors in the post(s) as my friend pointed, but it's mostly weaponry-related, so I'm posting correctional note regarding it:
- Mossin-Nagant should be spelled as Mosin-Nagant.
- it's magazine, not clip.

If there's anything else I'd left out, kindly point me to it. And I already have plans regarding the morning scene...
>> No. 15652
File 124014087236.png- (396B , 39x29 , whatthechrist.png ) [iqdb]
15652
>>15648
>- it's magazine, not clip.
>> No. 15667
File 124027963532.jpg- (53.77KB , 415x280 , 1240273267310.jpg ) [iqdb]
15667
Day Two Overview:
Yuri Ivanov, a soldier in the Soviet Army with the rank Captain, confronted Yukari in his dream who stated she was concerned of his ‘welfare’ in Gensokyo, but would not tell due to his stubbornness. Then, during breakfast he proposed exploring the bamboo forest to the household and chose Tewi as his partner. While in the forest he had a close encounter with a wild boar, before he was introduced to Fujiwara no Mokou who took him to the human village and met the village guardian Keine Kamishirasawa. After accepting Keine’s offer for language class, he returned to Eientei in time for dinner with the households, including a girl who claimed to be his emergency food supply. Later that night, after a short conversation with Eirin he was startled by the presence of the black-white girl named Marisa, who he realized had stolen his 30mm amulet. His war had just begun…

// loading… //

“Hello, little soldier.” You open your eyes, and see the Lady of Boundary elegantly materializing in front of you. “I see that you’ve survived your first two days in Gensokyo. Not bad for an outsider.”

“You again,” you bark. “What the hell is it this time?”

Yukari giggles. “Oh, you and your paranoia. Take it easy; it’s not that I want to kick you on the kidney again,” she says in teasing intonation.

You open a fighting stance. You’re unarmed, but that won’t prevent you from taking defensive measures. “Don’t try doing that,” you warn. “Third time isn’t always the charm.”

Yukari giggles. “I like you and your attitude. I knew it was the right choice bringing you here.”

You lower your guard. “What do you want? And don’t try hiding it from me,” you speak.

“Oh, come on. Can’t I pay my guest of honour a visit?” she asks with a playful wink that seems to strike deep into your heart. “At least I know I didn’t have to help you. You were really good with your survival skill, being able to wrestle the wild boar and all.”

“At least I didn’t have to throw you into the pool again,” you remark.

She pouts at the statement. “You’re so harsh, little soldier. Why can’t you treat your host with equality?” She hides her fake tears behind the fan. “Like the moon princess, for example?”

“Like what?”

Yukari giggles. “Be careful, little soldier,” she says with another wink. “There’s more to Gensokyo that meet the eyes. Especially Eientei.” So saying she waves her hand and enters a gap that materializes behind her, waving at you as she does.

“Hey. HEY!” you yell. “You aren’t leaving until you answer my questions! Stay back!”

“So sorry, but I have my precious shrine maiden to bug,” she speaks as she’s fully inside the gap. “See you around, little soldier.”
-
-
You wake up. Sweat once again drenches your face, and your heart again pounds uncontrollably against your ribcage. It feels exactly the same as the last time you met her in dreamland, and it’s still the same: she left before you had the chance to get the answer to your questions. Damn it, that lady of boundary. One day you will have her eat her own words.

One day.

You disregard the unpleasant encounter as you lie on the futon and review whatever had happened up to last midnight. You grumble when you remember how you lost the amulet to Marisa the black-white, and you make recovering the precious item your top priority. Also, you still have the replacement weapon to look, not mentioning Mokou and the smoked meat.

There’s no time to waste. A good soldier doesn’t loll around and let his strength rot.

The moment you rise up, you feel something warm and soft wriggling about underneath the blanket. Before you know it, your arm is snatched and you’re pulled back to the mattress. Who the hell can this be? You remove the blanket in one sharp move and reveal the culprit.

It’s that zaichata girl.

And she’s happily mumbling in her sleep, wearing nothing more than white shirt and panties. You don’t remember letting her sleep with you, or seeing her coming in the night before. The most disturbing of all, however, is she keeps mumbling ‘Master Ivanov’ in cute manners, which sends acute chill down your spine.

[ ] shrug her off and leave.
[ ] stay with her for a while.
[ ] do some pranks.
>> No. 15669
[x] Shrug her off and leave. Time to pay the useless bunny a visit and snap her into shape. It may seem like you're a harsh taskmaster but...Haha! Who are you kidding, you are one.
>> No. 15671
[x] Gently remove yourself from her grasp.
[x] Tuck her in and pet her head.
[x] Place your Pilotka cap on her.
[x] Time to pay Reisen a visit. You're going to put her through bootcamp, but first you're going to test her physical ability to see where you should start the training process.
>> No. 15672
[x] Gently remove yourself from her grasp.
[x] Tuck her in and pet her head.
[x] Place your Pilotka cap on her.
[x] Time to pay Reisen a visit. You're going to put her through bootcamp, but first you're going to test her physical ability to see where you should start the training process.
>> No. 15673
[x] Gently remove yourself from her grasp.
[x] Tuck her in and pet her head.
[x] Place your Pilotka cap on her.
[x] Time to pay Reisen a visit. You're going to put her through bootcamp, but first you're going to test her physical ability to see where you should start the training process.
>> No. 15674
[x] Gently remove yourself from her grasp.
[x] Tuck her in and pet her head.
[x] Place your Pilotka cap on her.
[x] Time to pay Reisen a visit. You're going to put her through bootcamp, but first you're going to test her physical ability to see where you should start the training process.

Don't forget the amulet, though.
>> No. 15675
>>15674

Of course not.

We're going to try and enlist Tewi's service's to help us get it back.

All we need is some rope, a sturdy box, and a little luck...
>> No. 15676
Updating. Seven minutes is all I need to spend.
>> No. 15677
[ ] Gently remove yourself from her grasp.
[ ] Tuck her in and pet her head.
[ ] Place your Pilotka cap on her.
[ ] Time to pay Reisen a visit. You’re going to put her through boot camp, but first you’re going to test her physical ability to see where you should start the training process.

---------------------

You chuckle at the sight. Silly zaichata. Trying to act cute, even in sleep. Gently you remove yourself from her grasp, careful not to suddenly drag her away from her sleep and place your Pilotka cap on her. “Sweet dream.” She giggles when you do that, but that may probably due to a dream she’s having, and she unconsciously pulls the cap into her arms, holding it firmly. The very sight is so adorable you can’t resist giving her head a soft pat.

“Well then.” You proceed to the next plan. It’s time to pay Reisen visit. You already have plans to put her through boot camp, seeing that you could reshape her and make her less useless. If you’re ever going to do that, however, you need to test her physical ability to see where you should start the training process.

But first thing first: where can you find her?

The search starts as soon as you step out. Along the way you can see several rabbits marching towards the holed ceiling, carrying ladders and toolbox with them while singing something that you can consider as folklore song. You don’t see the sight of Reisen, as she’s usually in charge of the rabbits whenever they’re working, and that can only lead to one conclusion.

She’s in her rabbit-hole room.

You head to where the room is, trusting on your instinct to find its direction. You wonder if she’s busy with her dreamland, surfing an ocean full of carrots all while dressed up in pirate gears and the like. You almost burst out in laughter, knowing that such sight will be illogical not mentioning the weirdness of Reisen being a pirate.

You arrive at your destination, and there you go. Pinned on the door is the sign that says “No Entry”. You chuckle when you read a note at its lower right corner: “especially you, Mister Ivanov”. There’s even a scribble of rabbit caricature sticking its tongue, probably directed at you. Silly useless rabbit, like that will prevent you from executing your plan.

“What are you doing, Captain?”

You turn around and see Tewi looking at you in intrigue. Standing beside her are the equally surprised Kaguya and Marie.

[ ] explain to them.
[ ] ignore their presence and proceed with your plan.
[ ] invite them.
>> No. 15680
[x] "I intend to put Reisen through bootcamp. Make her less useless and more capable of defending herself and others. Plus it will give her some discipline and make her less flighty."
[x] Walk over to Tewi and put your hands on her shoulders. "And you Comrade Tewi are going to assist me in the wonderful bloodbath that is to be Reisen's Training Month from Hell."

Fixed the text.
>> No. 15681
[x] "I intend to put Reisen through bootcamp. Make her less useless and more capable of defending herself and others. Plus it will give her some discipline and less flighty."
[x] Walk over to Tewi and put your hands on her shoulders. "And you Comrade Tewi are going to assist me in the wonderful bloodbath that is to be Reisen's Training Month from Hell."
>> No. 15682
[x] "I intend to put Reisen through bootcamp. Make her less useless and more capable of defending herself and others. Plus it will give her some discipline and make her less flighty."
[x] Walk over to Tewi and put your hands on her shoulders. "And you Comrade Tewi are going to assist me in the wonderful bloodbath that is to be Reisen's Training Month from Hell."
>> No. 15683
[x] Turn and give them the most malicious grin you can muster.
[x] "I fully intend to put Reisen through bootcamp. Make her less useless and more capable of defending herself and others. Plus it will give her some discipline and make her less flighty".
[x] Walk over to Tewi and put your hands on her shoulders. "And you, Comrade Tewi, are going to assist me in the wonderful bloodbath that is to be Reisen's Training Month from Hell".
>> No. 15684
[x] "I intend to put Reisen through bootcamp. Make her less useless and more capable of defending herself and others. Plus it will give her some discipline and make her less flighty."
[x] Walk over to Tewi and put your hands on her shoulders. "And you Comrade Tewi are going to assist me in the wonderful bloodbath that is to be Reisen's Training Month from Hell."
>> No. 15686
File 124036921128.jpg- (8.68KB , 248x306 , ACF51BB.jpg ) [iqdb]
15686
Oh, wow. I find myself laughing literally at the write-ins. Awesome.

Writing now, and can't help laughing over the image of Ivanov as drill instructor.
>> No. 15687
File 124037855476.jpg- (98.00KB , 477x477 , ss.jpg ) [iqdb]
15687
>>15686
"Your carrot is your only boyfriend!"
>> No. 15688
[z] "I intend to put Reisen through bootcamp. Make her less useless and more capable of defending herself and others. Plus it will give her some discipline and make her less flighty."
[e] Walk over to Tewi and put your hands on her shoulders. "And you, Comrade Tewi, are going to assist me in the wonderful bloodbath that is to be Reisen's Training Month from Hell."

"There will be no racial bigotry in this place! I do not care if you are a moon rabbit, a celestial, a youkai, an oni, or a phoenix! You are all comrades among worthless scum in my eyes! Work, now, and better yourselves! I shall not allow an ounce of uselessness to contaminate your thoughts from here on out! Work hard, and persevere, for the glory of the Motherland!"
>> No. 15689
>>15688
That sounded a lot cooler in my head.
>> No. 15690
File 124039491248.jpg- (30.95KB , 398x271 , 1240274287694.jpg ) [iqdb]
15690
Well, the write-in is killing my creativity meter with critical hits. Plus, with my lack of experience in boot camp (never had one before, so yeah) I guess doing the update is going to be one hell of a job.

Have a minesweeper Tewi.
>> No. 15691
File 124041388893.jpg- (24.68KB , 480x389 , Good Grief - Copy.jpg ) [iqdb]
15691
[ ] “I fully intend to put Reisen through boot-camp. Make her less useless and more capable of defending herself and others. Plus it will give her some discipline and make her less flighty.”
[ ] Walk over to Tewi and put your hand on her shoulders. “And you, Comrade Tewi, are going to assist me in the wonderful bloodbath that is to be Reisen’s Training Month from Hell.”

You turn to them. There is a few seconds of silence between you and the trio before you give them the most malicious grin you can muster. “I fully intend to put Reisen through boot-camp,” you mutter and place a hand on the door. “Make her less useless and more capable of defending herself and others.” You pause when you notice the strange look on Kaguya and Marie’s face, and you can only wonder what they’re thinking of as they see the grin.

“Oh? I like where this is going,” Tewi coos.

“Plus it will give her some discipline and make her less flighty,” you continue and draw circular symbols on the sign. “Useless rabbit is going to appreciate the hardship we defenders had to face in protecting the Motherland.”

“Oh dear. That sounds very harsh,” Marie comments.

You disregard that and walk over to Tewi. You glance at Kaguya, whose look of intrigue is suggesting that you may need to explain her after this. You turn back to Tewi and grin as you put your hand on her shoulders. “And you, Comrade Tewi,” you speak. “Are going to assist me in the wonderful bloodbath that is to be Reisen’s Training Month from Hell.”

“Awesome! I mean…” Tewi corrects her posture and sports a salute. “Roger, Captain!”

“Reisen’s Training Month from Hell? I don’t like the sound of it,” Marie sighs.

“I so want to see how Mister Ivanov is pulling this out…” Kaguya says.

You return to the door. You hesitate for a few seconds, and you can see Tewi getting anxious of waking Reisen from her slumber. You signal at her to wait; you don’t want to suddenly awake the sleeping rabbit, which will spoil the soon-to-be fun.

“We’ll begin our mission. Keep it quiet. Move out.”

You slowly open the door. Tewi follows your lead as the two of you enter the unlit room. Amidst the mild darkness Tewi points you to the bed and you can only shake your head at the sight that presents itself before you. Reisen, the useless bunny. She’s indulging herself in dreamland while disregarding the fact that her strength and skill are slowly deteriorating? This is a disgrace to the Motherland; you cannot accept this cardinal sin.

You take a deep breath.

Then you let it go.

“WAKE UP YOU LAZY ASS!”

That surely does the trick, because in an instant Reisen wakes up and stands on her feet. Tewi is heard suppressing her laughter over the moon rabbit, wearing nothing more than pink nightgown, and that sight only adds to your determination to train the useless bunny.

“What… what the hell are you doing here?” Reisen cries, obviously appalled over your presence.

“What the hell am I doing here?” you ask with a face as straight as cue stick. “You’re questioning your instructor on what the hell he’s doing inside this pathetic lair?!” You point straight to her face. “I’m here to make you forget your uselessness and realize your fucking destiny as a soldier, that’s why!” You hear Marie sighing over the sight and Kaguya chuckling at the act you’re pulling out, and you resist the urge to explain lest you want to ruin the atmosphere.

“You… you’re so horrible!” Reisen stammers. “Why are you shouting at me like I’m… I’m…”

“Like what? There will be no racial bigotry in this place!” you bellow. “I do not care if you’re a moon rabbit, a celestial, a youkai, an oni, or even a phoenix! You are all comrades among worthless scum in my eyes!” You pause when you notice the change of expression on Reisen’s face, and you silently cheer over the triumph. “Work, now, and better yourselves! I shall not allow an ounce of uselessness to contaminate your thoughts from here on out! Work out, and persevere, for the glory of the Motherland!”

Reisen still stands there, and you have to give her one final push. “Get your ass moving, soldier! I don’t want to see a lazy, useless rabbit loitering while her comrades are dying out there! I want to see you geared up in five minutes sharp!! Do you understand?”

“I…”

“I cannot hear you, maggot!” you bark. “DO YOU UNDERSTAND, SOLDIER?”

“S…Sir! Yes, sir!” Reisen replies.

“Well, then. I’ll see you in the courtyard.” With that said you march out of the room, Tewi following your lead, and as soon as the door is closed you burst in a fit of laughter. Tewi also laughs, as so does Kaguya, leaving only Marie to be in bewilderment.

“I think I overdid that,” you say as your laughs fade out. “But oh lord… that felt so good… haven’t done that for a long time.”

“Her expression is pure win,” Tewi cackles. “I want to see you doing that to her every day, Captain.”

“What’s so funny, everyone? You just scared the poor rabbit,” Marie comments.

“Well, try jumping into her shoes instead,” Tewi says with a wink. “You’ll understand why.”

Marie laughs helplessly. “Oh, dear… I wish I didn’t ask the question earlier.”


[ ] have some breakfast. You have to gather all the energy for the day ahead.
[ ] true soldier feeds on his passion for the Motherland. Begin the training regime right away.

-----------------

I just hope I pulled this right. Otherwise, I'll just jump off the earby cliff.
>> No. 15692
>>15691

[x] A true soldier feeds on his passion for the Motherland. Begin the training regime right away.
[x] The only food the three of you will eat is game that you catch.
>> No. 15694
[x] A true soldier feeds on his passion for the Motherland. Begin the training regime right away.
[x] The only food the three of you will eat is game that you catch.
>> No. 15697
[x] Have some breakfast. You have to gather all the energy for the day ahead.
>> No. 15698
[x] A true soldier feeds on his passion for the Motherland. Begin the training regime right away.
[x] The only food the three of you will eat is game that you catch.
>> No. 15699
[x] true soldier feeds on his passion for the Motherland. Begin the training regime right away.
[x] No food until nightfall!
>> No. 15700
[x] A true soldier feeds on his passion for the Motherland. Begin the training regime right away.
[x] The only food the three of you will eat is game that you catch.

Maybe after this Reisen's life won't be so miserable. Or we end up breaking the girl.
>> No. 15704
[z] A true soldier feeds on his passion for the Motherland. Begin the training regime right away.
[e] The only food the three of you will eat is game that you catch.

>her expression is pure win."
I frowned here, but I liked everything else.
>> No. 15705
>>15704
Blame my carelessness on that part.

There will be no updates until this weekend, unfortunately. Though I'll use the time to consider whether Ivanov should recruit some more rabbits (and others).
>> No. 15706
So, why are we being such a dick to the moon bunny?
>> No. 15707
>>15706

Because she's already given up on improving herself. She says she doesn't want to be called useless and from what little we've seen she's done nothing to change that fact.
>> No. 15708
>>15705
Useless bunny~

There should be a recruit named Serial, there.
>> No. 15715
[ ] true soldier feeds on his passion for the Motherland. Begin the training regime right away.

“So is anyone up for breakfast?” Kaguya asks. “I’m sure we all can have pancake today.”

You smirk at the remark. “I appreciate it very much, Miss Kaguya, but the battlefield is awaiting no one.” You strike a pose and pound your chest with the sense of proud burning inside of you. “A true soldier feeds only on his passion he has for the Motherland. Only the love for Mother Russia can save us from starvation.”

“For the Motherland!” Tewi exclaims.

“That’s quite a speech, but are you sure you don’t want to eat first? Quick meal course will be very helpful, you know,” Kaguya speaks.

“I appreciate your concern, thank you, but I believe the three of us can afford an outback dish,” you tell her.

“The captain can cook, too,” Tewi adds.

“Oh, bummer,” she sighs. “When I thought the two of us could spend some quality time this morning.”

“Excuse me?”

She chuckles. “Nothing. Oh, I know! What if I join the training?” Both you and Marie give the princess a very surprised look over the remark. “What’s with the look? I’m a princess, and I can do whatever I want to. Right?” She puts her hand over her chest as to emphasize the sentence. “What do you say, Captain Ivanov?”

[ ] “I highly doubt you can keep up with the training, Miss Kaguya. Are you sure you want to join?”
[ ] “Miss Kaguya, if you want to become a part of the Red Army, first I must ask you this question: can you withstand verbal abuse?”

Stupid laziness is stupid. Jeez.
>> No. 15716
[x] “Miss Kaguya, if you want to become a part of the Red Army, first I must ask you this question: can you withstand verbal abuse?”
>> No. 15717
[x] “Miss Kaguya, if you want to become a part of the Red Army, first I must ask you this question: can you withstand verbal abuse?”

Soldier Kaguya. Yes.
>> No. 15719
[x] “Miss Kaguya, if you want to become a part of the Red Army, first I must ask you this question: can you withstand verbal abuse?”
[x] "And have you ever run fifty miles through rough terrain, fighting off snakes and bears and slept under a starry sky without pillows or blankets to keep you warm? Possibly going hungry all night long?"
>> No. 15720
[x] “Miss Kaguya, if you want to become a part of the Red Army, first I must ask you this question: can you withstand verbal abuse?”
>> No. 15722
[z] “Miss Kaguya, if you want to become a part of the Red Army, first I must ask you this question: can you withstand verbal abuse?”
[e] "And have you ever run fifty miles through rough terrain, fighting off snakes and bears and slept under a starry sky without pillows or blankets to keep you warm? Possibly going hungry all night long?"

I'm imagining Kaguya in a Red Army military uniform.

And getting hard.
>> No. 15723
File 124074141819.jpg- (97.08KB , 520x1410 , sasha.jpg ) [iqdb]
15723
>>15722
>Kaguya in a Red Army uniform
Close enough, right?
>> No. 15725
File 124075916051.jpg- (128.19KB , 520x712 , k.jpg ) [iqdb]
15725
>>15723
Eh, I got lazy half-way through.
>> No. 15727
>>15725
Awesome. Now all we need is a badge or something similar and we're all set.

Update will be posted in a couple of days.
>> No. 15739
>>15725

Advance Wars?
>> No. 15740
>>15739
Just one post above it >>15723
>> No. 15741
File 124094073823.jpg- (98.18KB , 648x906 , 1236573951158.jpg ) [iqdb]
15741
[ ] “Miss Kaguya, if you want to become a part of the Red Army, first I must ask you this question: can you withstand verbal abuse?”

You cough. She has to be serious, isn’t she? The enthusiasm she’s displaying is good, you have to admit, but is she physically and mentally fit for the upcoming challenge? Will she be able to survive the hardships?

“Miss Kaguya, I’m very grateful that you want to become a part of the Red Army, and I’m more than happy to guide you to become the defender of Motherland, but first I must ask you this question.” You give her the straightest face you can muster. “Can you withstand verbal abuse?”

“Eh?”

“And have you ever run fifty miles through rough terrain, fighting off snakes and bears and slept under a starry sky without pillows or blankets to keep you warm? Possibly going hungry all night long?” You pause. Then you ask one final question. “Will you survive?”

She scratches the back of her head. “Well, I’ve gone through hunger strike for days, though it isn’t the kind of-”

“If your answer to all the questions are no, you aren’t eligible for this task,” you say. “I’m very sorry, Miss Kaguya, but this task - no, this responsibility - is not for the cowards. Only the strongest may answer the call for duty.”

“I insist!” she speaks. “If Inaba can withstand such abuses, then why can’t I? Besides, you’re expecting a princess like me to spend her entire life within the comfort of her palace, right?”

You stare into her eyes. She returns the stare. For a minute or two, both of you are exchanging gaze, not paying attention to Marie or the rest of the rabbits. Eventually you give in. You realize the kind of argument is going nowhere when it involves Kaguya. “Very well. Consider yourself in. But!” You raise a finger as a sign of warning. “I will not tolerate all kinds of complain. Princess or not princess, you are going to follow my rule. Do you understand?”

Marie laughs helplessly. “Oh dear, I don’t like where this is headed to…”

Time to get moving. You tell Tewi to get the recruits ready as you return to your room. You notice that the zaichata girl is still sleeping soundly, happily hugging the Pilotka hat between her arms. You smile at the sight and wonder if she’s having a dream related to the accessory. Not wanting to waste anymore time, you dress up in record time and head outside, just in time to see Reisen, Tewi and Kaguya at the courtyard.

“Salute!” The three of them salute, and you return the gesture (their reaction varies, with the most obvious being Reisen; her dejected face only suggests to you that she needs to be trained harder). You can’t help noticing that they’re inappropriately dressed for such occasion, and you blame it on your lack of awareness on the need for uniform. That can wait, though.

[ ] begin with basic training.
[ ] screw the training. The battlefield awaits no one, comrades. Onward!

---------------
>> No. 15742
[x] begin with basic training
[x] Reisen gets double the workload, though.
>> No. 15745
[X] begin with basic training.
[X] Have Kaguya change into something less...flowing.
>> No. 15746
[x] Pull Reisen aside.
[x] "I bet you hate me for this don't you. You shouldn't. You should hate yourself for giving up. Saying you don't want to be called a useless bunny and from what little I've seen doing nothing to change that. I'm cruel because when I look at you I see someone became complacent. And seeing that coming from a soldier is what hurts the most."
[x] I'm not going put any of you through anything I haven't already gone through myself. War is hell, and getting the skills to survive it is an even worse hell.
[x] Have Kaguya change into something less...flowing. This is called boot camp for a reason.
[x] begin with basic training.

Best to get misconceptions out of the way.
>> No. 15749
[x] Pull Reisen aside.
[x] "I bet you hate me for this don't you. You shouldn't. You should hate yourself for giving up. Saying you don't want to be called a useless bunny and from what little I've seen doing nothing to change that. I'm cruel because when I look at you I see someone became complacent. And seeing that coming from a soldier is what hurts the most."
[x] I'm not going put any of you through anything I haven't already gone through myself. War is hell, and getting the skills to survive it is an even worse hell.
[x] Have Kaguya change into something less...flowing. This is called boot camp for a reason.
[x] begin with basic training.

We need her to know that we're not doing this to be cruel. We want her to be her very best and to never look down on herself.
>> No. 15750
[d] Pull Reisen aside.
[a] "I'll bet you hate me for this, don't you? You shouldn't. You should hate yourself for giving up. For saying you don't want to be called a useless bunny and --from what little I've seen-- doing nothing to change that. I'm cruel because when I look at you I see someone that became complacent. And seeing that coming from a soldier is what hurts the most."
[-] "I'm not going put any of you through anything I haven't already gone through myself. War is hell, and learning the skills to survive will be even worse."
[z] Have Kaguya change into something less...flowing. This is called boot camp for a reason.
[e] Begin with basic training.

Fixed the grammar and wording slightly.
>> No. 15751
[x] Pull Reisen aside.
[x] "I'll bet you hate me for this, don't you? You shouldn't. You should hate yourself for giving up. For saying you don't want to be called a useless bunny and --from what little I've seen-- doing nothing to change that. I'm cruel because when I look at you I see someone that became complacent. And seeing that coming from a soldier is what hurts the most."
[x] "I'm not going put any of you through anything I haven't already gone through myself. War is hell, and learning the skills to survive will be even worse."
[x] Have Kaguya change into something less...flowing. This is called boot camp for a reason.
[x] Begin with basic training.
>> No. 15752
[x] Pull Reisen aside.
[x] "I'll bet you hate me for this, don't you? You shouldn't. You should hate yourself for giving up. For saying you don't want to be called a useless bunny and --from what little I've seen-- doing nothing to change that. I'm cruel because when I look at you I see someone that became complacent. And seeing that coming from a soldier is what hurts the most."
[x] "I'm not going put any of you through anything I haven't already gone through myself. War is hell, and learning the skills to survive will be even worse."
[x] Have Kaguya change into something less...flowing. This is called boot camp for a reason.
[x] Begin with basic training.

Changing vote for grammar corrections.
>> No. 15753
[x] Pull Reisen aside.
[x] "I'll bet you hate me for this, don't you? You shouldn't. You should hate yourself for giving up. For saying you don't want to be called a useless bunny and --from what little I've seen-- doing nothing to change that. I'm cruel because when I look at you I see someone that became complacent. And seeing that coming from a soldier is what hurts the most."
[x] "I'm not going put any of you through anything I haven't already gone through myself. War is hell, and learning the skills to survive will be even worse."
[x] Have Kaguya change into something less...flowing. This is called boot camp for a reason.
[x] Begin with basic training.
>> No. 15754
File 124097341947.jpg- (82.86KB , 600x301 , 635044-copy.jpg ) [iqdb]
15754
Thread almost reaches autosage, so I'll post update in new thread just to be safe.
>> No. 15755
File 124098149833.jpg- (49.12KB , 450x346 , 023.jpg ) [iqdb]
15755
Also, I'll be darned if I do the update without asking on how the Soviets did their training in WW2. I can't always rely on wiki, and Googling doesn't help either. I can refer to the Soviet campaign's training mission in Call of Duty 2, but that would be pointless. So yeah, suggestions are very welcomed, and sorry for the trouble.
>> No. 15756
>>15755

If you can't find anything just make something up.

We do need to teach Reisen some Sambo though.
>> No. 15757
>>15755
>I'll be darned if I do the update without asking on how the Soviets did their training in WW2.

"When the man in front of you falls, pick up his gun and shoot."
>> No. 15759
I really do hope this eventually results in Reisen getting some confidence. I look forward to the next person who has the gall to call her useless getting an ass full of danmaku.
>> No. 15760
See if you can find anything on Spetsnaz training.
>> No. 15799
Update.
>> No. 15800
>>15799
I've been plagued by writer's block for the past five days. Right now I'm taking a break until I can get over the damn problem (God knows how long that's going to be). Also, I'll have new thread opened for that purpose.
>> No. 15801
>>15800

Take your time bro. We'll be waiting.
>> No. 15886
Update please.


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x