-  [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return][Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject  (Reply to 18270)
Message
Captcha
File
Password (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM, WEBP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 125727421391.jpg - (22.18KB, 365x595, soviet_20anthem_20poster.jpg) [iqdb]
18270No. 18270
[ ] Answer the question.
[ ] Tell Ran it’s your duty as a soldier of the Red Army to prepare them (Kaguya, Reisen, Tewi and Aya) for upcoming battles, and that you have the responsibility to shape them into better people.


“It is my duty of as a soldier of the Red Army to prepare them for upcoming battles,” you begin. “What’s the use of a soldier’s skill if he cannot implement it in the battlefield and be responsible to shape his underlings to become better people?”

“I can see that, but why Eientei?” Ran asks.

You laugh. “Ah… the answer for the question has always eluded me ever since the inception,” you utter. “The only thing I’m aware of about it… is that these people- no, bearers of the flag of the Revolution must know their role in defending the Motherland from the ruthless grip of the invaders. Hmm… I just remembered something.”

“Which is?” the fox lady inquires again.

“It occurs to me that I forgot to teach them the anthem of the Motherland,” you answer with a heartily laugh. “What a foolish I am, proudly speaking of my role as her defender yet didn’t even bother praising her on daily basis.”

“That would be an interesting sight to see,” Ran says.

“I know. Say, Miss Ran, how much you know about the Great Patriotic War?” you ask. “And while we’re at it, would you like to tell me anything about you and Yukari.”

“Hmm…” Ran scratches her chin, but quickly shakes her head. “I’d like to discuss them with you, especially the Great Patriotic War - that’s my favourite topic, by the way - but you know me, being the one who has to take care of Miss Yukari’s welfare even when she’s capable to.” She sighs but says anything about the Lady of Boundaries. “Remind me about them the next time we meet, okay?”

You nod. “I’m unsure if we’ll ever meet again, but I’ll keep it in mind.”
-
-
The room cleaning is finished an hour later and the three of you leave the storeroom to return to the lobby. Nothing interesting is discussed among you, Rinnosuke and Ran although the shopkeeper does comment on the downpour and the possibility of a flood in Gensokyo, which is quickly ruled out by Ran. You don’t believe in any possibilities of a flood, since the weather for the passing days has been fair, but of course you cannot rule it out.

You reach the lobby. Yukari and Tatyana are still engaged in a vibrant conversation of sort, although their attention is quickly diverted at you. The rabbit pounces at you in a tackling hug, and cheers as she captures you on the legs. “Having fun with the parasol lady, I see,” you say.

“Of course! We talked about a lot of things back then!” Tatyana exclaims.

Ran approaches Yukari and says something to her in low voice. You can see the parasol lady nodding in acknowledgment before she opens her fan. “Well, I guess we don’t have any more business to do here. We better get back home before the rain becomes heavier.”

“Aw! You’re already leaving, Miss Yukari?” Tatyana whines.

The woman smiles as she gives the rabbit a pat. “Sorry, dear, but my warm mattress is calling. Maybe next time?”

Tatyana frowns. Seconds pass before she lifts her face, a bright smile carved upon her face. “Okay! But promise me you’ll finish the story, okay?”

Yukari nods before she lets go off Tatyana. She turns to Ran, who nods, and turns towards the door. Lifting her hand forward, she waves it and produces a gap that tears through the fabric of space as if it’s a zipper. You just watch, as Yukari and her assistant are preparing to enter the gap. You figure that it’s best that you do the same, so you ask Rinnosuke whether you can get yourself a raincoat and umbrella for Tatyana.

“Little soldier.”

You turn back at Yukari. “Yes, Yukari?”

There seems to be a glitter of expectation coming from her eyes as she stares at you. “Do you have faith in your strength?”

[ ] Answer.
[ ] Don’t answer.

--------

I'm not sure of how to word the last paragraph, but eh.
Expand all images
>>No. 18272
[X] Answer.

Dropped the ball on the cold hard truth uh? Understandable.
>>No. 18273
[X] Answer.
>>No. 18274
[ ] Answer.
>>No. 18276
[x] Answer.

The truth will be for another time.
>>No. 18278
[X] Answer.
>>No. 18279
[x] Answer.
>>No. 18281
[X] Answer.

The people of the motherland never back down!
>>No. 18282
[x] Answer.
>>No. 18287
[X] Answer.

Wait. That phrase is somewhat familiar...

"Do you have faith in your own strength?"
>>No. 18289
[x] Answer.

You are the steel backbone of the Motherland. An I-beam forged in the heat of War, tempered in blood and sweat of the Working Class, which continues to be stress hardened by willingly bearing the burden of Progress.

Faith is too cheap a word, because it entertains a notion that it could ever be otherwise. Rather, it is a conviction as strong as one would have about the inexorable procession of day and night.
>>No. 18290
[x] Answer.


Soldier of the Red Army always has faith in his strenght for it is faith for Mother Russia.
>>No. 18294
[x] >>18289

THIS.

EXACTLY THIS.

I already voted earlier, but I want it to be clear that this is how I want it to sound.
>>No. 18301
File 125744505847.jpg - (532.90KB, 1058x1512, 1228514858841.jpg) [iqdb]
18301
[ ] Answer.

You grin. What kind of question is that? Moreover, why should she ask it when she already knows the answer in the first place? Nevertheless, if you want her to be satisfied, you’ll give her whatever she wants.

“Yukari Yakumo, I’m afraid you’re asking the wrong kind of question,” you begin. “Soldier of the Red Army always has faith in his strength, for it is faith for the beloved Mother Russia.” You continue while tapping the PPSh-41 on its receiver: “I believe in myself as the steel backbone of the Motherland, forged in the heat of War, tempered in blood and sweat of the Working Class, and the steel continues to be stress-hardened by willingly offering its might to bear the burden of Progress.”

“Also, faith is too cheap a word,” you continue. “Because for some, it entertains a notion that it could bear other meanings. Why am I saying this? It’s because it is a conviction as strong as one would have about the inexorable procession of day and night.”

“So what you want to tell me is you fully believe in your strength, in which you have dedicated it for the cause of your Motherland,” Yukari speaks. “Isn’t that right?” You simply nod. Words are not sufficient to express your thought and it is, at best, unnecessary to speak of it. At least that’s what you want to believe.

“Well, that’s rather… surprising. Not having a say about this issue, but it doesn’t matter.” The Lady of Boundaries smiles. “I’m satisfied with the answer. Keep holding on it, little soldier. You may need it.”

She turns back towards the gap, and is getting ready to step in. “Oh, yes, before I forget.”

“What is it again, Miss Yukari?” Ran asks, the intonation of her voice indicates that she’s more amused than she is upset. “Don’t make Chen wait for us any longer.”

“It won’t be long, Ran~” Yukari looks back at you. “Don’t forget to invite me to the party.”

“I see if I can have that arranged,” you answer.

The woman smiles. “Good. That’s what I want to hear.” She waves to you and Tatyana, the latter vigorously waving back at her, before she steps into the gap, with Ran closely following her lead. The gap closes and vanishes in thin air, and both of you stare at each other in confound over what has happened.

“The rain is still pouring,” Rinnosuke remarks as he gives you the raincoat. “Still planning to head back to Eientei? You can wait until it dies down, if you want.” You look out of the window. It is still raining, but the clouds have broken apart, allowing the sunlight to pass through. You look back at the clock; you still have time before nightfall.

What to do, captain?

[ ] Wait for the rain to die down, and while we’re at it why don’t we have some conversation with Rinnosuke.
[ ] On the other hand, can we afford to let our host wait? Let’s return to Eientei immediately.
>>No. 18302
File 125744572468.jpg - (35.67KB, 525x372, 20080503-084716.jpg) [iqdb]
18302
[x] Wait for the rain to die down, and while we’re at it why don’t we have some conversation with Rinnosuke.
[x] We need guns. Lots of guns.
>>No. 18303
[x] Wait for the rain to die down, and while we’re at it why don’t we have some conversation with Rinnosuke.

Curious as to whether or not the captain realizes he's in the future now. It seems that he knows it somewhat.
>>No. 18304
[x] Wait for the rain to die down, and while we’re at it why don’t we have some conversation with Rinnosuke.

I'm sure we're tough enough to march in the rain, not so much about the little bunny.
>>No. 18305
[x] Wait for the rain to die down, and while we’re at it why don’t we have some conversation with Rinnosuke.
[x] We need guns. Lots of guns.
>>No. 18306
[x] Wait for the rain to die down, and while we’re at it why don’t we have some conversation with Rinnosuke.
[x] We need guns. Lots of guns.
>>No. 18307
[X] Wait for the rain to die down, and while we’re at it why don’t we have some conversation with Rinnosuke.
>>No. 18308
File 125744800947.jpg - (367.05KB, 1012x1128, c2bc7c10c9ecca3c05ce3d8eab85b1ef.jpg) [iqdb]
18308
Alright, the votes have been called. Update will be ready after I get back from sleeping.

>Curious as to whether or not the captain realizes he's in the future now. It seems that he knows it somewhat.

Really? I didn't think he knew about it.

Also, I had too much fun writing this. Mild spoiler ahead, so yeah.
-
-
“Well, home at last,” I remark as both of us step out of the gap and land on the staircases. I outstretch once, moaning in satisfaction as I hear my limbs and bones crackling. “Ahn… that felt so good… I haven’t done any outing in a while…” I murmur and bend my back; again I moan in pleasure at the sound of joints snapping here and there.

“You should do that on daily basis,” Ran remarks. “Maybe that will help you cutting down your body weight.”

“My, my, you don’t have to say that~” I reply while waving my fan at her. “This Yukarin is already shaped up, so why should she go have workout?”

“You just don’t get whatever I’m saying, do you?” Ran sighs. “But Miss Yukari…”

“What is it? You don’t look very pleased.” I chuckle as I saw the mixture of concern and upset as shown by her eyes. “Let me guess: it’s because I pulled you away from Chen, right?”

“That’s one thing, but I’m more concerned about that Ivanov,” Ran answers. “Are you going to keep him in the dark, learning nothing about what happened to his country? Like the Cold War, for instance?”

“Hmm… wonder if I should.” I look up into the evening sky, and beneath the clouds that start to dissipate I can see rainbow arching across the clear heavens and touching the land below. The rain is still pouring, although it has lessened in volumes. I offer Ran an umbrella but she refuses, saying that she prefers sharing the parasol of mine. I chuckle at the request and offer her a space next to me.

“Well, Miss Yukari?” she says as she takes shelter underneath the parasol.

I shake my head. “Nope. It’d be better if he learns of the truth by himself,” I answer. “Besides, it would lessen the surprise if I were to spoon-feed him with everything. If you can catch my drift.”

“Jeez, please be sensible for once,” Ran says.

I laugh. “Well, come on. You still want to attend Chen until she’s sleeping, don’t you?”

“Don’t ever think you can look after Chen by yourself, Miss Yukari,” Ran remarks as both of us walk upstairs and head to our home.
>>No. 18309
>>18308

I don't think Yukari really needs to lose any weight (that and I suspect only the good places are soft)
>>No. 18312
Update is on the way. Please wait warmly~
>>No. 18313
File 125762015077.jpg - (724.31KB, 1600x1200, Museum_of_vodka.jpg) [iqdb]
18313
[ ] Wait for the rain to die down, and while we’re at it why don’t we have some conversation with Rinnosuke.

“Hmm…” You take a seat on the nearest chair, putting the PPSh-41 on its accompanying table and leaning against the comfort of the furniture. Tatyana also takes her seat at chair next to the counter and takes a magazine from the shelf to read. “I guess I’ll wait for the rain to die down first.”

“Then I’ll make you some tea, if you like,” Rinnosuke says.

“Actually I’d rather have vodka,” you reply. “Or any alcohol if your shop sells it.”

“Ah. I just know what my honoured guest needs.” Rinnosuke heads back to the storage room, leaving you to loll on the chair, enjoying the cool wind that blows into the shop. Tatyana is now seated on the counter shelf rather than the chair, kicking her feet into the air as she enjoys the content of the magazine. It appears that it’s the same magazine Yukari has read earlier, but you pay it less attention. Right now you want to take enough rest before you return to Eientei, and commence the victory party with the households.

Just when you think you’re going to doze off Rinnosuke arrives with a couple of vodka bottles. “This is the best I can find from the stashes,” he says as he gives you one bottle. “Can’t tell what’s written on the label, but I know for sure they’re drinkable.”

You examine the labelling on the bottle. You’re very intrigued; the label says ‘Pertsovka’, and you can’t remember how long it has been since you last had one. Without waiting for Rinnosuke to give you a glass you open the cap and drink straight from the bottle. “You could’ve waited for the glass,” Rinnosuke remarks.

“Sorry, but we don’t use glass to drink vodka,” you answer. “It’s better that way.”

The shopkeeper chuckles and takes his seat. “Well, I guess I should do the same, too,” he says and uncaps the other bottle. “Cheers?”

You nod and clank the bottle. “Cheers.”

You drink up, groaning once at the burning sensation of the beverage flowing down your throat. You look at Rinnosuke who almost chokes the vodka after trying to drink it in one go, and give him a pat on his back. Then both of you are engaged in a series of conversation that revolves around Rinnosuke’s merchandise, and you have a share of laugh when Rinnosuke complains over the lack of proper customers who would actually buy his products rather than do window-shopping. Rinnosuke also jabs at your alcoholism as you finish your first bottle, stating that the Oni will be very pleased to have you as their drinking partner, something that you can neither agree nor disagree. With the rain still pouring outside, you have a lot of time to spend with the silver-haired man until it dissipates - if it ever stops.

“Say, Mister Ivanov,” Rinnosuke calls. “I’ve wanted to tell you something about the weapons, but you were busy talking with Ran back there so I didn’t.”

“Really? What you wanted to tell me?” you ask.

“You’re from World War Two era, so I was wondering if you’re… interested in weapons that don’t come from the period,” he answers.

You’ve finished three-quarters of the second bottle. You head is reeling from over-drinking, but you’re still good to go. “Show me, then. Would be nice if I could get my hand on some of them.”

“This way, please.”

Your stance is unstable as you stand up, but you think you can walk without falling over, so you follow the shopkeeper back to the storage room. Even though the room is fully tidy, there are still items that need to be relocated to make room for more supply, and you have to be careful of not accidentally stepping on them.

“You know, you could open up another room to show these weapons,” you comment.

“I’ve tried, but I don’t have the time to set up a dedicated warehouse for that,” Rinnosuke answers and approaches one stash you didn’t touch during the cleaning. “You’re a sniper, so I thought you’d be interested in this as a… replacement, if you like,” he says as he shows you one peculiar-looking weapon. “I’m not sure if you can identify it, since it says ‘nineteen ninety-nine-”

“You say what?” You pick the weapon; sure enough, nothing of its features suggests that it comes from World War Two. The scope is still an indication that it’s designed for taking out the enemy from long range, but everything else about it is too modern for your taste (especially the magazine; who the heck would use a weapon with its magazine placed behind the trigger?).

And it feels a bit heavy in your arms, too.

“Well, what do you say?” Rinnosuke asks.

[ ] Ask where Rinnosuke got this not-from-WW2 weapon from.
[ ] Be marvelled; perhaps you can do some test firing to evaluate it. Maybe you can ask if it can be refit to accept danmaku ammunition.

-------

Damn, this proves harder to write than I had originally thought.

Note: this is your chance to choose whether to upgrade to modern weaponry or stick to your trusted, danmaku-refit, PPSh-41 and Mosin-Nagant.
>>No. 18314
The only running story in /eientei/.

Is this worth reading?
>>No. 18315
>>18314

Yes.
>>No. 18317
File 125762260431.jpg - (21.86KB, 650x300, dsr1-308-3.jpg) [iqdb]
18317
Right, before I forget, here are some of the possible weapons that Rinnosuke has showed us (choices are up to Anon; if that weapon gets the most votes, I'll include it in the inventory, unless Anon has other suggestions).

Dragunov SVU: http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn19-e.htm

AWC G2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWC_G2

Barrett Model M90 and M95: http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn03-e.htm

Hint: in case Anon doesn't get it, the model Rinnosuke has in the shop is in bullpup configuration. Picture for reference.
>>No. 18318
[x] Be marvelled; perhaps you can do some test firing to evaluate it. Maybe you can ask if it can be refit to accept danmaku ammunition.
[x]Dragunov SVU
>>No. 18319
[x] Be marvelled; perhaps you can do some test firing to evaluate it. Maybe you can ask if it can be refit to accept danmaku ammunition.
[x]Dragunov SVU

>>18314
Yes it is worth reading, and this might have the best Kaguya yet.
>>No. 18320
>>18316
[X] Be marveled; perhaps you can do some test firing to evaluate it. Maybe you can ask if it can be refit to accept danmaku ammunition.
[X]AWC G2, low barrel weight, full auto version.

If it's heavy for him, then he should get a lighter version. Besides, sniping is good and all but the weapon need to be able to fire on long bursts in case he ends up in close-quarters combat.
>>No. 18321
[X] Be marveled; perhaps you can do some test firing to evaluate it. Maybe you can ask if it can be refit to accept danmaku ammunition.
[X]AWC G2, low barrel weight, full auto version.
>>No. 18322
[x] Be marvelled; perhaps you can do some test firing to evaluate it. Maybe you can ask if it can be refit to accept danmaku ammunition.
[x]Dragunov SVU
>>No. 18323
[0] Be marveled; perhaps you can do some test firing to evaluate it. Maybe you can ask if it can be refit to accept danmaku ammunition.
[1] AWC G2, low barrel weight, full auto version.
>>No. 18324
[x] Be marveled; perhaps you can do some test firing to evaluate it. Maybe you can ask if it can be refit to accept danmaku ammunition.
[x] AWC G2, low barrel weight, full auto version.

I like this.
>>No. 18325
[X] Be marveled; perhaps you can do some test firing to evaluate it. Maybe you can ask if it can be refit to accept danmaku ammunition.
[x] Barrett Model M90 and M95

50 calibur. There is no other sniper rifle as far as I'm concerned.
>>No. 18326
>refit

why not keep something that can be lethal
>>No. 18327
>>18326

Mere bullets won't do much damage to Youkai, that and it's Gensokyo, so bullets are in a VERY finite amount.

But I think a well aimed Danmaku headshot should KO some beings easily.
>>No. 18328
[X] Be marveled; perhaps you can do some test firing to evaluate it. Maybe you can ask if it can be refit to accept danmaku ammunition.
[X] Barrett Model M95

The 50 cal Barret is the only weapon that extends our current capacities, as an anti-material weapon and (very) long range sniper support. The room cleaning PPSh-41 submachine gun and the medium-range Moisin-Nagant rifle we are already familiar with, are rugged, and are very easy to maintain and clean.
>>No. 18329
>>18328

Dunno how that'd translate to Danmaku other than the 50 cal making for perhaps powerful shots.
>>No. 18330
>>18327
He's going to use danmaku bullets: Infinite and good only in numbers.
>>No. 18331
>>18329

good ballistics

minimal arc
>>No. 18332
[X] Be marveled; perhaps you can do some test firing to evaluate it. Maybe you can ask if it can be refit to accept danmaku ammunition.
[X]Dragunov SVU, low barrel weight, full auto version.

Seriously, why are you even considering the Barret? Its heavy, cumbersome, its ammunition is heavy and cumbersome, its magazine has small capacity, as a mobile sniper, Ivanov has no use for it. There isnt anything in Gensokyo that'd he'd need .50 cal for, Barrent isnt even anti-personnel rifle.

Id go with dragunov, its a versatile gun, and its russian too.
>>No. 18333
>>18329
LASERS
>>No. 18334
File 125768486319.jpg - (277.49KB, 775x1147, sample-ee3d9a3ddb32fa6b7f550add7c7a5401.jpg) [iqdb]
18334
> Dragunov SVU
four votes
> AWC G2
four votes

Looks like it's a tie, so I'll wait for a tie breaker to continue with the update.
>>No. 18335
[X]Dragunov SVU, low barrel weight, full auto version.
>>No. 18337
>>18335

oh ho, combining votes are we?
>>No. 18343
[X]Dragunov SVU, low barrel weight, full auto version.
>>No. 18357
Alright. The vote has been called. Seven minutes.

>>18337
That was my first thought, too, until I looked up at wiki:
>Around 1991 the Russians developed a slight variant of the SVU, the SVU-A. Whereas the SVU is semi-automatic, the SVU-A (the a stands for automatic ) is a fully automatic rifle.

So I guess it's still valid (unless if we're talking about Kappa-assisted overhaul on the rifle).
>>No. 18358
File 125778637618.jpg - (18.25KB, 650x340, svu-a_3.jpg) [iqdb]
18358
[ ] Be marvelled; perhaps you can do some test firing to evaluate it. Maybe you can ask if it can be refit to accept danmaku ammunition.
[ ] Dragunov SVU.


You are marvelled. In spite of its weight, novel design and striking camouflage pattern this weapon feels so comfortable in your arms. Moreover, the fact that you can see Russian words imprinted on the receiver is almost an indication that the gun was made for you.

There is, however, one rather unsettling question that needs to be answered.

“Where did you get this gun?”

“You should be surprised by how many stuffs we often get from the outside world,” Rinnosuke answers. “Most of them are scattered along the boundary, and people often bring them to my shop whenever they find them for trade-in. Nobody really knows how and why they’d end up in Gensokyo, but I’ve always suspected Yukari as the culprit, since only she knows how to…” He coughs a bit before he continues. “…abduct people and things for the lack of better word.”

You shake your head in amusement. Yeah, right. You wonder what else might be spirited away under her eyes.

“Oh, yes. Yukari said to me that the gun you’re holding is a Dragunov SVU-AS, automatic variant of the SVU,” he continues. “You can tell from the selector-thing on it.” You take a quick look on the selector and true enough, there are three firing modes imprinted in Cyrillic, which you identify as ‘automatic’, ‘semi’ and ‘safe’. You can’t help wondering if sniper rifle like this is built for automatic firing, though that isn’t your primary concern for now.

“I don’t know why she’d share the information when nobody would use the gun in the first place, so don’t ask me about it,” Rinnosuke says.

“I can see that. So who else has interests in the weapon supply?”

“So far, the kappas are the only group that has interests in them,” Rinnosuke continues. “Especially this Nitori; she often comes to trade in her inventions for some weapons. Heaven knows what she will do with it.” Rinnosuke scratches his chin, as if he has something to tell you, and he nods as he does. “I can introduce you to her if you like.”

“I’m not sure if I want to meet another person but anyway.” You holster the gun over your shoulder. “Think you can show me some place so I can test this out?”

“Sure, why not. This way.” Again you follow the shopkeeper to the backyard of the shop, and you realize it’s been converted into a shooting range, complete with empty bottles and dishes arranged on shelves. Crude, but it serves its function. You have to give Rinnosuke points for the effort. “I have this set up just in case someone needs to test the weapons before purchasing.”

“Excellent.” You examine the magazine to make sure it’s fully loaded. You’re satisfied and take aim down the scope. “Do you think I can refit this gun to accept danmaku ammunition?”

“I don’t see any problem with it, but why you want to have modification? I thought you’d be interested by its stopping power,” Rinnosuke says.

“As a safety measure, I guess,” you answer.

“Alright. I’ll have that arranged,” he says.

“Well, then. Let me see how capable this gun is in full-auto.” Just as you’re about to open fire Tatyana rushes towards you and kicks you on the leg. “What in the name of heaven is that for?”

“Captain! The rain just stopped, so why are we still here?” the rabbit asks.

You look down at the annoyed rabbit. “I need to evaluate this gun first, Tatyana. We’ll talk about it after I’m done with it?”

“But what about the party? You promise to let us have one!” Tatyana exclaims. “Are you going to make the princess wait?”

You sigh. When you think you could explore the full potential of the SVU. “Oh well. I guess test firing can wait for another day.” You lock the gun in safe mode and hands it over to Rinnosuke. “I’ll come back to your shop and test this gun before I can pick it up for use.”

“I think the weapon fits your look, so why don’t you keep it?” You give the shopkeeper a long gaze of uncertainty, and he laughs when he realizes something amiss. “Ah, yes. Don’t worry about the payment; consider what you have done at the storage room as it.”

“That is so deceptively simple, giving away your merchandise free of charge,” you comment.

“That’s because nobody really buys from your shop! Right, Kourin?”

The three of you turn to the voice and see two people coming from the front of the shop. You can’t remember if you have met the red-white before, but whatever it is you don’t like seeing who’s tagging with her.

And Marisa doesn’t seem to be very pleased with your presence, too.

“Damn. When will you ever stop appearing, stranger?” she scoffs.

“Stand your ground, black-white. I don’t have the intention to initiate any confrontation with you,” you reply. “Not right now, not right here.”

“Easy, Marisa; he’s my customer,” Rinnosuke speaks. “Don’t try to scare him away.”

“Scare him away? Hah! You have no idea of what he did to me,” Marisa says. “Hey, Reimu! This is the guy I’ve told you before! Give him some of your hard lessons he won’t forget.”

The red-white beside her turns her attention towards you and Tatyana. At once the rabbit hides behind your leg although it doesn’t help her much in concealing herself from the new girl. You stay still, trying not to show your weakness to her, and you can see Marisa cackling at you.

“Whatever you want to do onto him afterwards, I don’t care, but don’t trash my shop around,” Rinnosuke warns.

“Jeez, Kourin, you’re no fun.” Marisa heads back to the shop but not before she turns back at you. “You’re going to get screwed, stranger! Don’t say I didn’t warn you about the miko!” The black-white is now absent, and this allows the girl to resume her observation on you. You remain unmoving as she inspects every aspect of you, and just watch as she makes a low hum.

“So you’re… the one responsible for the raid on Marisa’s home that day, right?” she asks.

You nod. “That is correct, ma’am, but I must assert here that the hostility between Marisa and I is because she had stolen what I consider as the property of the Motherland. If I have to resort to excess strength to reclaim it, I will do so.”

“…okay, no wonder why Marisa was pissed when she met me,” the red-white continues. “She even complained that you had somewhat outsmarted her. Is that true? Also…” Her eyes squint, as if she has found something unpleasant within you, and you gulp as she takes a step forward until she’s a couple of feet away from you.

“Who are you exactly, and how did you find your way to Gensokyo?”

[ ] Introduce yourself, but make it brief. You don’t want to delay the party any longer, do you?
[ ] Introduce yourself, and go for the details. Tell her everything you have encountered prior to this meeting.
>>No. 18360
[x] Introduce yourself, but make it brief. You don’t want to delay the party any longer, do you?
-[x] Inform her that you'll be staying at Eientei in case she has more questions.
>>No. 18362
[x] Introduce yourself, but make it brief. You don’t want to delay the party any longer, do you?
-[x] Inform her that you'll be staying at Eientei in case she has more questions.
>>No. 18363
[x] Introduce yourself, but make it brief. You don’t want to delay the party any longer, do you?
-[x] Inform her that you'll be staying at Eientei in case she has more questions.
>>No. 18364
[x] Introduce yourself, but make it brief. You don’t want to delay the party any longer, do you?
-[x] Inform her that you'll be staying at Eientei in case she has more questions.

It's not like she's going to put Eientei to the torch in a mad rampage, right?
>>No. 18365
>>18364

Even if she did it wouldn't be permanent. Kaguya's ability over eternity would straighten that out.
>>No. 18366
>>18365

The worse she'd do is mooch off of the free food. And I doubt Kaguya would be that opposed to Reimu coming by.

Also I don't think Reimu brought Marisa's explaination. (She's too used to Marisa's thieving habits)
>>No. 18370
[x] Introduce yourself, but make it brief. You don’t want to delay the party any longer, do you?
-[x] Inform her that you'll be staying at Eientei in case she has more questions.
>>No. 18374
[x] Introduce yourself, but make it brief. You don’t want to delay the party any longer, do you?
-[x] Inform her that you'll be staying at Eientei in case she has more questions.
>>No. 18375
File 125788009253.jpg - (224.50KB, 1334x737, 3c125b26ee56785c1a34070e01535239.jpg) [iqdb]
18375
[ ] Introduce yourself, but make it brief. You don’t want to delay the party any longer, do you?
- [ ] Inform her that you’ll be staying at Eientei in case she has more questions.


“Captain Ivanov; pleased to meet you,” you say and while putting back the Dragunov over your shoulder. “I hate to make this introduction short, but my comrades are awaiting me at Eientei.”

“Oh, you’re staying there?” Reimu asks.

“Precisely,” you answer. “My comrades and I have a party to organize, and it is vital that I be present before night time-”

“Wait. Party?”

You nod. “Yes, we’re going to have a party tonight. Of course, that’s because I have to agree with Kaguya since she has insisted us to have a victory party-” You pause when you see Reimu’s face contorting in a mixture of discomfort and relief. “Excuse me, but are you alright?”

“Uhh… yes. Of course I am alright!” she exclaims and quickly reclaims her composure. “I’m just… surprised you people are holding a party.”

“Come on, Reimu. Can’t you see he’s the type who enjoys having party?” Rinnosuke asks. You can’t help asking whether the question is meant to be a jab or not, but you ask no further.

“Go tell that to Suika, Kourin,” Reimu retorts.

“Anyway.” You cough once as to get the shrine maiden’s attention. “I’ll be staying with the Eientei folks for the rest of the day, so I believe you can find me there in case you have more questions to ask, ma’am.

“Oh, right. Right.” The shrine maiden coughs a couple of times before she continues. “I’m Reimu of the Hakurei Shrine. And please don’t call me with the suffix; it gives me the chill, somehow.”

Tatyana kicks you on the leg again. “Come on, captain! Do you want to make Kaguya wait for us?!”

“Calm yourself down, Tatyana.” The rabbit pouts at the reprimand and turns away from you in disgust. “I’m sorry on behalf on my assistant. She has been edgy ever since we arrived here, so please bear with her.” Tatyana responds by jumping onto your shoulders and bite your head, but you pay her no attention. “You are invited to the party tonight. I’m sure Kaguya will be very pleased with your presence.”

“Oh, yes do! I mean…” Reimu calms down before she speaks: “of course I will. It is an honour for the representative of the Hakurei Shrine to accept the Lunarian princess’ invitation. That is, if she doesn’t mind seeing me there.”

“I see if I can convince her.” You give Reimu and Rinnosuke a quick salute before you take your leave, but Reimu calls out your name before you completely leave the complex. “Yes?”

“You sure you don’t need to wait until they at least pick you up?” Reimu asks. “I don’t know if you’re aware of the youkais out there, but I won’t recommend you go back to Eientei alone. At least ask someone to escort you along the way.”

“I appreciate it, thank you very much, but I must not waste anymore time, for soldiers of the Red Army await no one who is left behind,” you answer.

“It’s almost dark out here. Are you sure you still want to go?” Rinnosuke asks. “Reimu can fly you back to Eientei if you like.”

“Hey, do I look like an escort to you?” Reimu retorts.

You look up at the sky. It’s getting dark, and you’re certain you won’t make it in time for party. Yet you cannot let down your comrades, who you’re sure are busy preparing Eientei for the event. On the other hand you could use the opportunity to know Reimu closer and understand her role as a shrine maiden in Gensokyo, although from the look of it she isn’t fond if the idea of being an escort.

It’s your call, captain.

[ ] Ask if Reimu’s willing to escort you back to the Bamboo Forest.
[ ] Assure Reimu and Rinnosuke that you will be alright.
>>No. 18378
[ ] Ask if Reimu’s willing to escort you back to the Bamboo Forest.
>>No. 18379
[x] Ask if Reimu’s willing to escort you back to the Bamboo Forest.
>>No. 18380
[x] Ask if Reimu’s willing to escort you back to the Bamboo Forest.
>>No. 18381
[x] Ask if Reimu’s willing to escort you back to the Bamboo Forest.
'sides, she's invited too... right?
>>No. 18382
[x] Ask if Reimu’s willing to escort you back to the Bamboo Forest.
- [x] Assure her, it'll increase her favor with the princess, bringing back her honored guest safely.
>>No. 18383
[0] Ask if Reimu’s willing to escort you back to the Bamboo Forest.
>>No. 18385
[x] Ask if Reimu’s willing to escort you back to the Bamboo Forest.

Might want to get on her good side there. Get that misunderstanding with Marisa out of the way so no further fighting will be needed. Plus, parties seem to be her weak point.

Why not just take it easy and have a big party with everyone, just enjoy it.
>>No. 18391
[x] Ask if Reimu’s willing to escort you back to the Bamboo Forest.
>>No. 18397
File 125800090447.jpg - (277.87KB, 500x707, 9ca637aff50c78fd09d51ab71568d3db.jpg) [iqdb]
18397
Sorry for the lack of update. I'm going to the city to do some bank transaction, so update will be delayed until I'm done with it.

Have a sniper Nitori in return.
>>No. 18402
File 125812467172.jpg - (116.31KB, 500x484, b741f661c1e65a88297a21c118800bbd.jpg) [iqdb]
18402
[ ] Ask if Reimu’s willing to escort you back to the Bamboo Forest.

“You know, I’d be honoured if you’re willing to escort us back to the Bamboo Forest,” you say. “Your presence during our returning trip - and also the party, if you like - will prove to be invaluable for us.”

“Oh? Care to tell me why?” Reimu asks.

“I don’t know, to be honest, but I could use the chance to clear the misunderstanding between Marisa and I,” you answer. “It’s kind of tiring to see one side telling you the story, isn’t it?”

“I like that idea, and I’d like to hear the story from YOUR side, too,” Reimu answers, stressing the word ‘your’ to emphasize her interest. “Like, why would you rally the entire rabbits just to raid Marisa’s home when you could’ve asked from her nicely, for example?”

“Hey! No badmouthing the captain!” Tatyana interjects. “He has done the right thing! You should be ashamed of yourself for accusing him!”

Reimu glances at Tatyana, and the rabbits return the stare. For a minute or two the two girls are exchanging glares, and it’s really funny seeing them fuming at each other for no clear reasons. You say nothing for now, letting the girls do whatever they see fit.

Finally Reimu gives in. “Oh, alright. I suppose I can’t do anything to accuse you, can I?” She sticks her hand out at you. “Take my hand,” she says. “We’re going to make a quick trip across the forest, so hold on tight.”

You aren’t sure of whether to accept or not, but you take it anyway after you securely strap your weapons on you. You gesture at Tatyana to hop onto your back, and she clings onto you like a bear hugging its opponent. Damn, for a rabbit her strength is impressive.

“Here we go.”

Reimu takes off, and in seconds you find yourself racing across the sky and have to hold on to the shrine maiden as she flies past the forest and the human village. You can hear Tatyana screaming in nothing but pure terror, which is kind of understandable since she may have never flown in her entire life before.

It takes the three of you a mere couple of minutes to reach Eientei, and the flight ends the moment you make touchdown. Tatyana immediately jumps off you and tries to kick Reimu yet it proves to be futile as the shrine maiden effortlessly stands out of the way. Saying something almost unintelligible she points at Reimu’s face before she rushes past the gate and into Eientei, and you have to apologize to Reimu again for the lack of manners.

“Hey, guys! The captain is back!”

You turn around and are delighted to see your squad rushing towards you. At once they assemble under the gate and give you a salute after lining up. “At ease, soldiers,” you say after responding to the salute.

“Good to see you back, sir,” Reisen speaks. “Preparations for the victory party have been done. We are just awaiting you to show up.”

“I’m glad to hear that, Lieutenant,” you say. “So whatever happens to the training regime in my absence?”

“The trainees have performed well, captain,” Reisen replies. “I hope you don’t mind if I allowed them to take a break today.”

You stare at the recruits, Aya especially. The tengu becomes restless and quickly stands erect, but you merely laugh at the reaction. “Think you still have the remaining strength for the interview, comrade Aya?” you ask.

“Why yes! Of course I am!” Aya bolsters, rather annoyed by the question. “Just you wait until party time! I’ll bombard you with questions until you are toast!”

You grin at the response. “I’ll be looking forward for it,” you say. “Alright, soldiers. I have brought a guest for the party. I hope you don’t mind having the representative of the Hakurei shrine tonight.”

“Of course not! The more, the merrier!” Kaguya answers. “Right, folks?” Aya and Tewi nod vigorously, while the twin guards who have been looking at the assembly since your arrival merely giggle.

“Very well. I expect each of us to have a great time tonight,” you speak. “You may dismiss.”

Your squad salutes you before they rush back into the mansion. You look back at Reimu who can’t help herself but smiling. “So this is what you’re doing in Eientei?” the amused shrine maiden asks.

“It’s the least I can do to spend my time in Gensokyo,” you answer.

“So it’s confirmed that I’ll be invited, huh? I’m getting tired from hosting parties at my place already, so it’s good to see somebody else taking the initiative,” Reimu says.

“You’ll have to ask Kaguya for that,” you tell her.

“I can see that. Anyway, I’ll be heading back to the shrine for a while. Suika will be interested if I tell her about the party,” she says. “I’m not sure about Mima, though, but we’ll see.”

“Alright, then. I’ll see you tonight.” You wave her a salute, and she nods in acknowledgment before she takes off. You look up; with the clouds breaking away you can see the golden yellow colour of the sunset filling the sky. It is a refreshing sight after having to see only grey clouds along the way, and you outstretch yourself in satisfaction.

First thing first:

[ ] Head to your room first to unpack your gears.
[ ] Take a shower.
[ ] Go take a look at the preparation.
>>No. 18403
Forgot to add this:

Inventory check?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
>>No. 18404
[x] Head to your room first to unpack your gears.
[x] Check inventory

Offload, shower then looking at the preparations.
>>No. 18405
[x] Head to your room first to unpack your gears.
[x] Check inventory
>>No. 18406
[x] Head to your room first to unpack your gears.
[x] Check inventory
>>No. 18408
[x] Head to your room first to unpack your gear.
[x] Check inventory

Singular plural.
>>No. 18409
[x] Take a shower.
[x] No

Might as well refresh. Rest can wait for later, shower takes not that long anyway.
>>No. 18410
>[x] Head to your room first to unpack your gear.
>[x] Check inventory.

Votes are called. Writing.
>>No. 18411
File 125814280154.jpg - (140.69KB, 600x736, siachen8.jpg) [iqdb]
18411
[ ] Head to your room first to unpack your gear.
[ ] Check inventory.


You nod. Time to do some inventory inspection before you do everything else. You wave to the twin guards and head to you room; whatever your plan for tonight is, it’s best that you first unpack your gears and reorganize everything. Shower can wait; the inventory check shouldn’t take that long to accomplish.

You enter the room, and immediately you unpack your gear, assembling every item on the straw mat in order, double- and triple-checking them to make sure none of them is missing or is stolen. You’ve been travelling light, as far as you can tell, but it’s not that you want to complain about it. It’s better this way, since the nature of the battlefield you’re in means you have to move from one place to another, and heavy load will compromise your mobility.

Regardless, these are what you see:

+ One scoped Mosin-Nagant. Bruises on its butt-stock remind you of past, violent melees. Has been refit to fire danmaku ammunition; manual firing/loading may still apply. You don’t plan to replace it yet, seeing that the rifle has served you well in all campaigns you have participated.
+ One PPSh-41 with 71-round drum magazine attached. Has been refit to fire limitless amount of danmaku, but it may jam in prolonged shooting.
+ One Dragunov SVU-AS sniper rifle with 20-round magazine attached, pre-loaded with 7.62x54R rounds. You’re thinking of refitting this gun to fire danmaku rounds, but you have to evaluate it first. Given for free by Rinnosuke.
+ One variable-zoom sniper scope, with 2x and 10x magnifications. You may want to replace the scope on the Mosin-Nagant with this one. Given for free by Rinnosuke.
+ A water bottle. It’s empty.
+ A pair of boots. There are marks here and there, but you can still wear them.
+ Clean clothes. You don’t see any need for these.
+ Pilotka hat. There are bite marks on either side; blame Tatyana for that.
+ Lucky charm carved from a 30mm shell shot by enemy Bf109. Retrieved from Marisa after an intense skirmish at her hideout. You’ll be damned for the rest of your life if you ever lose it again.
+ A photograph of your regiment. You’ll have to show it to your squad and share your wartime experience sometimes.
+ A bayonet. You had used this to kill the wild boar.
+ A small diary. Someday, you will write in it…
+ A damaged pride.

You sigh. That last one is certainly the most unbearable, no thanks to Yukari. There’s nothing you can do about it, sadly, at least until you meet her at the party. For now you concentrate on repacking the inventory and get ready for shower.

You hear a knock on the sliding door. “Who is it?”

“It’s Kaguya,” the voice says. “May I come in?”

This is intriguing. You don’t remember asking Kaguya to come over, but what the hell? She must have something important to tell you, right?

[ ] Let her in.
[ ] Don’t let her come in. You can take care of your inventory.
>>No. 18412
[x] Let her in.

We always have time to spare for our hostess.
>>No. 18413
[x] Let her in
>>No. 18414
Goddamnit Sata, I keep seeing coolface.png on your OP's Flag
>>No. 18416
[x] Let her in.
-[x] Remember to do the following as soon as you have a moment of free time.

-Clean Lucky Charm.
-Clean Boots.
-Clean Bayonet.
-Fill Bottle with water.
-Clean and check PPSh-41.
-Clean and check Mosin-Nagant.
-Give the Dragunov SVU-AS a test drive.
-Replace the scope on the Mosin-Nagant with the one given by Rinnosuke.
-Write in your diary.
-Make a note to teach Tatyana how to use the Mosin-Nagant: you have your long-distance needs covered by your new Dragunov.
-Kick Yukari on the face.
>>No. 18417
>>18416

I think we should try not for physical revenge (Most beings here BADLY outmatch us in brute strength)

That and as seen in Norseman's story an unchecked lust for vengeance can result in bad things when its against Yukari.

Instead we should be aiming for a measure of respect.
>>No. 18418
[x] Let her in.

>>18417
True, all this hate towards Yukari is mostly unnecessary.
>>No. 18419
>>18418

I'm not nessicarily saying we instantly forgive her, just be more civil in our interactions with her.

That and we know in the end we'll end up thanking her, so starting to lighten up some now wouldn't be a bad thing.
>>No. 18421
>>18419
Good point.

[x] Let her in.
>>No. 18422
>>18418
We will send her through the boot camp and all is forgiven.
>>No. 18423
File 12582157703.jpg - (155.44KB, 850x531, sample-4ce94e6c468214d8e3ab2b8e44d60755.jpg) [iqdb]
18423
>Kick Yukari on the face.
>We will send her through the boot camp and all is forgiven.

Be careful what you wish for.

-----------------

[ ] Let her in.

“Well, yeah, you can come in, but let me pack up first!” you say as you pack the inventory up.

“Nu-huh! I’m coming in, and I don’t care.” Wait. Doesn’t she have a sense of respect for privacy? “I’m curious about what my guest is doing inside his room in silence, and I’m going to find out!” Sounds like she’s been agitated by something, but you try not to answer and instead concentrate on clearing the floor.

“Captain? Are you still there?” You keep quiet, hoping that she’ll eventually give up and leave. “Okay; I’m going to count to three if you don’t reply.” Bloody hell, is she serious or what? “One, Two, Three!”

You stand up just when Kaguya opens the door by force, the dynamic nature of the entry startles you to the point you fall onto your bottom. “For Pete’s sake, can’t you just wait for a moment?” you groan.

The princess laughs apologetically. “Sorry, but I can’t help it. Call it a woman’s curiosity.” She looks around the room and whistles in fascination. “Wow, never thought to see this room this clear. Thought you’ll leave your belongings scattered everywhere.”

“What am I? An uncivilized man to you?” you retort.

“Thought I could lend you some hand, that’s why.” She smiles and offers you her hand. “Need a lift?”

[ ] Accept the help.
[ ] Refuse the help politely.

Relationship building game.
>>No. 18424
[x] Accept the help.

Nothing a matter with accepting help; that and bondan games.
>>No. 18425
[x] Accept the help.
>>No. 18426
>>18423
>Be careful what you wish for.

Don't say things like that. Makes me think you're actually considering on doing it.

[x] Accept the help.
>>No. 18427
[x] Accept the help.
>>No. 18428
>Be careful what you wish for.

I am sure she would master it without breaking a sweat and then show us what a real boot camp is like. Including a bit of rape.
>>No. 18429
>>18428
Oh golly, that'd be terrible.

[x] Accept the help.
>>No. 18430
[x] Accept the help.
>>No. 18431
[ℤℯ] Accept the help.

>>18429
Do not want to be raped by Yukari. There's a story in /at/ with that if you want it.
>>No. 18433
>>18428

Rape of all 3 kinds: Mind,body and soul. I don't think she's in terrible shape at all if a kick of hers ends up bruising a kidney or so, and that was her most likely holding back.

>>18429
Trust me it would be very terrible. Yukari is a woman that could bring many forms of pleasure (see that /at/ story) or many forms of pain.
>>No. 18434
>>18426
>>18428
>>18431
>>18433
Don't worry. I assure we won't be heading to the rape zone.

Writing now.
>>No. 18435
File 125830540922.jpg - (143.85KB, 850x779, sample-02c9bcc0ceb9ff3729cf3fab526baa2c.jpg) [iqdb]
18435
[ ] Accept the help.

“Yeah, I suppose I do.” You take Kaguya’s hand and let her pull you into sitting position. For some reason your body decides to respond differently as your arm yanks Kaguya towards you and subdue her in arm’s lock manoeuvre.

“C-captain! What you think you’re doing?” Kaguya gasps.

“I guess this is what people call muscle memory.” You loosen your grasp on the princess’ wrists though you aren’t letting go off her just now. “Sorry; I’ve been taught not to take stranger’s hand without questioning its purpose.”

“Even though this stranger happens to have the intention of helping you?” she questions.

“Mother Russia comes first, milady.” You take the opportunity to sniff the scent of Kaguya’s hair; in spite of dust and sweat that she must have gathered from the training it smells of lavender and the aroma is soothing to boot, too. For a while you hold Kaguya close, admiring the warmth that seeps out of her as long as you want.

“Uhh… captain, will you let go? Please?”

You blink. You must have drifted off in your daydream so you release her. “My… my apology. I didn’t really mean to… well, you know, apprehend.” You find yourself at loss of words; being together with Kaguya inside your room, alone, you are unable to think of anything straight and have to slap your forehead repeatedly to bring you back on track. “Sorry.”

“Oh, come on! Like I want to take the initiative in the first place.” She laughs and leans forward until her face is an inch away from yours. “But you look so adorable in that flustered face. I like that.”

You step aside and focus back on packing the inventory. “Anyway, why would you bother coming in? You’re supposed to… well, clean yourself first, aren’t you?” Not that you want to complain, since there isn’t anything wrong with Kaguya in khaki pants and tank top.

“Why? Can’t I fulfil my curiosity?” Kaguya asks again.

“That’s because curiosity always kills the cat,” you answer.

“Except that this cat cannot and will not die,” she answers back and sits next to you. “Surely you don’t mind having a pet that always stays with you whatever happens, do you?”

“Just do your own stuff.” You put the weapons and the clothes aside as to let you take care of the small items, and you don’t even bother telling Kaguya not to disturb you as she picks several items for inspection. It’s only when she checks the amulet you forcibly snatch it from her hand. “Anything but the amulet. Please.”

“Why not? I’m not going to steal it from you, I promise,” she says.

You stare at her. “Prove it.”

“Relax, captain.” So saying Kaguya puts her hand upon yours and gives it a soft massage. “Look at me. I’m not like the black-white witch, and I’m not like the shrine maiden, either. Well, I can tolerate Reimu since she never steals anything from the Eientei, but it’s a different story when it comes to Marisa.”

You keep staring at her, yet the longer you do the warmer her touch becomes. Eventually you give in and can only shake your head. “Oh, alright.” You pull away from her hand and put the amulet on her palm. “I’m entrusting you to keep this precious treasure, so do not lose it on all circumstances.”

“Thanks.” She puts the amulet around her neck, fixing the string to make sure it doesn’t fall off her. “It really fits my look. Maybe I should wear this for the party, if you don’t mind.”

“Whatever you say, princess,” you sigh as you continue packing the inventory.

“So…” You can feel her hands pressed on your shoulders as to support her weight, and you realize she wants to have a look at the inventory. “What took you so long to come back? Something blocking your way in the forest?”

“Just had some unpleasant encounter with the wildlife, that’s all,” you answer. “Oh, I did some bargaining with Rinnosuke and got this gun from him (you point at the Dragunov at the same time). It’s a nice gun, I have to say, but I haven’t got the chance to test it.”

Kaguya makes a ‘mhm’-ing sound of sort as she brings herself close towards you. “That sounds interesting. Care to tell me about it?”

“Tell you of what?” you ask.

“About the wildlife encounter,” she answers. “If you know what I’m talking of.”

[ ] Tell her about the ‘wildlife encounter’, including the unpleasant meeting with Yukari.
[ ] Tell her about it, but don’t mention Yukari to her.
[ ] Save the story for the party.
>>No. 18436
>“If you know what I’m talking of.”
You lost me.
>>No. 18437
[x] Tell her about the ‘wildlife encounter’, including the unpleasant meeting with Yukari.

Yukari will end up at the party, so it's better to get that out now.
>>No. 18438
[ ] Tell her about it, but don’t mention Yukari to her.
>>No. 18439
[x] Tell her about it, but don’t mention Yukari to her.
[x] Perhaps ask her opinion of a Yukari since you heard about her from Rinnosuke.

I'm not sure how she'd react to the news of Yukari's meddling since we've been hiding the first bits of it secret from everyone else, so I figured we'd try to find out her opinion of Yukari as to better make a choice later.
>>No. 18440
[x] Tell her about the ‘wildlife encounter’, including the unpleasant meeting with Yukari.
>>No. 18441
[x] Tell her about the ‘wildlife encounter’, including the unpleasant meeting with Yukari.

Why lie? Yukari'll talk about it anyway.
>>No. 18442
[x] Tell her about the ‘wildlife encounter’, including the unpleasant meeting with Yukari.
>>No. 18443
[x] Tell her about the ‘wildlife encounter’, including the unpleasant meeting with Yukari.
>>No. 18452
File 125848128522.jpg - (102.39KB, 850x889, sample-71a688eb6f9a72774521bfb3e147a0cf.jpg) [iqdb]
18452
[ ] Tell her about the ‘wildlife encounter’, including the unpleasant meeting with Yukari.

“I don’t know what you’re trying to say here, but if you want to know about what I have gone through… I’ll tell you everything. But first.” You brush Kaguya’s hands off your shoulders. “What am I? A chair to support on or something?”

Kaguya laughs. “Take it easy, captain!” She sits down comfortably next to you. “So tell me. I’m listening.”

You cough. “Here goes.” You begin at when you, Alice and Tatyana arrived at the human village to deliver the package and where you met Mokou who was kind enough to treat your company. Kaguya doesn’t flinch, nor does she react to the booth owner’s name although you do notice the disdain look in her eyes whenever you mention her name.

“Right. I almost forgot to say that she’s been enrolled and can join the training programme, but I’m unsure if it’s feasible in the first place-”

“Let her join, captain.” You blink at the answer, and you can see her cackling in such manner you’re unsure if it’s meant to be a joke. “Surely she can’t be serious about joining the Soviet Red Army, can she?”

“The question here is: are you alright with it?”

“Of course I am!” She pounds her chest in obvious pride. “I’m the princess of the Eientei! If anyone wants to mess with me, I’ll say ‘bring it on’!” You don’t know whether to laugh or frown over it, but you don’t pay it much attention.

You continue. This time you talk about the incident at the forest after escorting Alice back to her mansion, and unlike the cheerful atmosphere of the human market you were conveying the mood becomes sombre as you tell Kaguya of the encounter with Rumia and Wriggle. Kaguya’s expression changes and you can tell that she’s paying full attention to the story. You go for the details, telling her about how you were almost close to certain death after the youkai girls outran and had you and Tatyana cornered without any way out.

“And that brought me to… her.”

“Her?” Kaguya’s eyebrow arches upward. “You must be talking about Reimu, right? She always does youkai extermination and bring strayed human back to the village. Or so I have heard.”

“…it’s not her, Kaguya.” You falter. To be honest, you’d rather not mention the name, not to Kaguya especially. Just thinking of her and what she has done to you (although not that much) is enough to make your blood boil in rage.

“Tell me, captain. If it wasn’t Reimu, then who was it?” Kaguya asks.

“…Kaguya.” You take a deep breath, trying to calm yourself over the unnecessary anger. The cocktail of emotions start seeping through your blood, and you’re certain you’d have screamed outrage if it isn’t for Kaguya touching your hand. “Thanks. I… I need that.”

“What’s wrong? You look… upset.”

You take another deep breath. “Would you be surprised if… if I were to tell you that…” You pause for a bit before you continue. “…that Yukari did it?”

Kaguya’s expression changes. She stares into your eyes, the surprised look of which can be clearly seen coming from the gaze. “So she saved you from Rumia and Wriggle?” You nod exasperatedly. “But why the anger? She’s saved you, so shouldn’t you be… thankful?”

“How was I supposed to thank her if that bitch spirited me away from the battlefield and prevented me from fighting for the Motherland?” You almost punch the floor with your other hand. “And what am I supposed to whenever she starts badmouthing Mother Russia? Just sit and do nothing?”

“Captain, please calm down,” Kaguya pleads. “She surely has reasons behind taking you away from the battlefield, right?”

“Except that she didn’t bother telling me, that’s what.” You shake your head in despair. “At any rate, she’s going to make me go nuts, what’s with her mockery and-” Your ranting grinds to a halt when Kaguya starts patting you on the head. At first you want to protest for the childish gesture but the calming effect that comes with the touch soon silences your gripe.

“Now, now, captain, I’m sure you have something else to say, which is more fun than your hostility towards Yukari,” she says, even as she keeps patting you. “For example… where you got this Dragunov?”

“Ah, this?” Your hand reaches for the Dragunov and give it a lift it as to let Kaguya check it. “After… the encounter, Yukari brought us to Rinnosuke’s shop. It occurred to us that the rain was starting to pour down so we stayed there until it stopped.” The constant patting has done its trick in calming you down, and you can now laugh over when you remember Rinnosuke describing Molotov cocktail to you. “This Rinnosuke… he thought Molotov cocktail was some kind of drinkable substance. You should see his face when I had to explain him that it was a petrol bomb.”

Kaguya laughs as well. “I know his ability can useless sometimes,” she comments. “So what else was going on there? I bet you found a working machinegun there, didn’t you?”

“Wish I could. Though I’m kind of disappointed he’s going to throw away the weapons. It’s a waste of resource, if you ask me. Hell, he could open up a shooting range.”

Kaguya nods. “That sounds fun. I’d really like to go there sometimes- oh, dear. Looks like I have wasted too much of your time.” She stands up and gives your head another pat before she heads to the door. “Right. Before I forget. Is Mokou invited to the party?”

“Not if I remember, but I have invited Reimu and… Yukari, for your information. Alice has expressed her interest in coming over, but I can’t guarantee if she’ll ever show up,” you speak.

“Aw, shucks. When I thought I could show off some skills to Mokou~” She giggles. “Oh, yeah. Aya just left to the Youkai Mountain to finish some business. She said she’ll be back to the party with some of her fellows.”

“That would be interesting.”

“I’ll see you at the party, then.” Kaguya waves at you before she closes the door, therefore leaving you with the privacy you need very much. You finish off where you have stopped, and after setting the packed inventory aside you allow your body to fall onto the floor. That was really uncalled for, getting comforted by your own hostess of all people and all. Good thing she didn’t give you a hug, although you kind of wish she did. You need some physical contact to calm your inner self down, somewhat.

“Oh, ho… looks like the captain does indeed have interest in the princess.”

[ ] Pretend there isn’t any voice.
[ ] Reply.
[ ] Ignore it and go take your shower.
>>No. 18453
[X] Pretend there isn’t any voice.
Not dignifying her teasing with a response.
>>No. 18454
[X] Pretend there isn’t any voice.
>>No. 18455
[x] Pretend there isn’t any voice.

Not letting her ruin our mood.

That sounds like a nifty idea, Rinnosuke's shooting range. It'd be an attraction for brave travelers.

But I do like this Kaguya, fiesty yet supportive.
>>No. 18456
[x] Reply.
>>No. 18457
[ ] Reply as you go take your shower.

Let's see Tewi try and keep up.

Or Yukari. Maybe not such a good idea if it's her.
>>No. 18459
[X] Pretend there isn’t any voice.
>>No. 18460
[X] Pretend there isn’t any voice.
Ignore it and it'll go away...
Hah! Like that'd work.
>>No. 18461
>>18457

I doubt it's Tewi, since she'd be more of a "heh heh" type than a "oh oh" type.

That and she's on good terms with the captain.
>>No. 18462
[X] Ignore it and go take your shower.

Superior option.
>>No. 18463
[X] Pretend there isn’t any voice.
>>No. 18464
File 125851129284.jpg - (50.25KB, 400x400, 45463.jpg) [iqdb]
18464
[x] Reply.
Monsters. All of you
>>No. 18466
[x] Reply.

What's the point in not facing your adversary? She won't remain silent anyway.
>>No. 18467
[X] Pretend there isn’t any voice.
>>No. 18468
>>18466

Denying her the satisfaction of getting a rise out of the captain. A civil victory over her, but if you want to risk the captain's mood getting ruined again, well...
>>No. 18469
[x] Reply
>>No. 18471
[X] Pretend there isn’t any voice.
>>No. 18472
[x] Reply
>>No. 18473
File 125859088821.jpg - (36.20KB, 386x595, 125727421391.jpg) [iqdb]
18473
>>18414
>>No. 18477
File 125860966064.png - (167.06KB, 541x382, halp.png) [iqdb]
18477
[ ] Pretend there isn’t any voice.
[ ] Reply only if it persists.


You’re very certain you’re hallucinating; otherwise you wouldn’t be hearing any voice, would you? Paying the mysterious voice no attention you turn to your back and stare into the featureless ceiling. You pretend there’s nothing to hear, although it may just be you. Relax; there’s nothing to worry of. It’s just a voice, let it go.

“Come on! Say something or two at me, will you?” the mysterious voice asks, chuckling at the end of the sentence. It’s female, and it’s definitely got the ‘drunken girl’ vibe from it, so you are safe to say it isn’t Yukari. You stay still and say nothing, even as the voice keeps asking the same question in urging tone, mixed with a couple of hiccups at the end of each word.

“What do you want?” you finally ask.

“Well, I thought I could give you some company before the party, that’s why,” the voice says.

You sigh. “Then come out and show yourself, whoever you are.”

“Oh, come on! Why can’t we talk like this? You know, one person concealed behind the curtain and all?” the voice laughs.

“Because that’s not my way. I prefer eye-on-eye contact, if you will,” you answer.

The voice grumbles. “Jeez, you’re no fun. I just want to talk with you.”

“I’m not in the mood to have conversation with anyone. Leave me alone,” you say.

“Hmph. Whatever you say~”

You wait for a few minutes more, but you don’t hear the voice or anything. You’re certain this person, whoever she may be, has decided to leave. At least you can relax for a bit longer before taking the shower.

Wait a minute. Didn’t Yukari say anything about ‘attracting a lot of unwanted attention’? Is the mysterious voice one of them? If that’s the case, then you’re in for major surprise. Damn, as if your trouble with the Lady of Boundaries isn’t settled yet. Who else is going to have interests in you after this?

You need to clear your head first and foremost before you can prod this issue deeper.

[ ] Hot spring.
[ ] Regular shower.
>>No. 18478
[x] Hot spring.
>>No. 18479
[x] Hot spring.
Our MC is annoyed. Understandable.
>>No. 18480
[x] Hot spring.

drunken girl vibe? Sounds like Suika.

I wonder if we should apologize to her, since I have a feeling that the captain might get along better with her.
>>No. 18481
[X] Hot spring.
>>No. 18485
[x] Hot spring.
>>No. 18486
File 125865610499.jpg - (115.22KB, 445x800, 1258655179407.jpg) [iqdb]
18486
No update, since I don't feel like writing anything for now. Regardless, once my gear starts rolling I'll continue from where I have left in my last update.

Have a Gatling miko for apology.
>>No. 18487
[ℤℯ] Hot spring.
>>No. 18492
[x] Regular shower.
>>No. 18499
[x] Hot spring.
>>No. 18501
File 12588317345.jpg - (27.67KB, 300x369, onsen.jpg) [iqdb]
18501
[ ] Hot spring.

You would have gone for regular shower, but spending time at the hot spring isn’t going to be detrimental to your reputation at all. Plus, you’re going to need all the opportunity you can grab to revitalize your tired soul and clean up before the upcoming party. With that decided, you grab your bathrobe and your towel, and head straight to the hot-spring, not having any thought of detouring anywhere else in the mansion.

You enter the hot spring. Hmm, it appears to be empty, like the last time, but you can’t let yourself be fooled by the silence. Just as a safety measure you have your bayonet concealed in the bathrobe, ready to be used to fend off any threat at moment’s notice. You undress, cover yourself with the towel and step in. It’s soothing, it’s refreshing, and it’s comfortable to boot. You could spend the rest of the day immersed in the warmth of the hot water, setting everything else aside and letting time pass by as long as you want.

As you start scrubbing your body to remove the dirt, you review the interactions you’ve had with some of the girls up till now. Among them, you find Eirin and Marie the most intriguing of all: sure, they only meant to make your life in Eientei more secure and bearable, but the way they were having conversations with you that day makes you wonder if they are planning an agenda of sort. In an instant, your memory flies back to the night you spent with Eirin in the hot spring and you force yourself to clear your throat when you remember how close the proximity between the two of you was. So close it had been you swear to yourself the pharmacist was actually trying to provoke you into doing indecent stuff with her in the hot spring.

You slap your forehead repeatedly. Damn it, no time to indulge in dirty fantasy, not when it involves Eirin of all people. With an exasperated sigh you allow your body to sink into the pool until only your head is visible on the surface. Mumbling in Russian, you just hope no one will barge in and claim they forgot the hot spring is occupied.

Your ear hears a rustling noise. Immediately you throw your sight at the door. Anxiously you slip your hand into the bathrobe next to you, reaching for the bayonet to be pulled out of its sheath. Intruders? You hope not, but you’ve been telling yourself to always prepare for the worst.

“Come on, Eirin! We must have our body cleansed in preparation for the party.”

“Princess, just because you’re looking forward for the party doesn’t mean you should drag everybody else into your affair.”

“I’m telling you this because I’m very, VERY excited! I mean, how long it has been since we’ve last had a celebration in Eientei?”

“Or is it because you’re so happy to have Mister Ivanov as your guest? You surely have become closer to the soldier, haven’t you?”

“Come. ON! Why would you make such assumption? There’s nothing between us, really! It’s just the hostess-guest stuff, you know.”

“Still that doesn’t hide the fact that you were worried when he didn’t show up this evening.”

“Jeez, you really like to jump into the conclusion, don’t you Eirin?”

Shit. Now you regret not changing direction and heading to the bathroom earlier.

[ ] Stay hidden.
[ ] Construct an escape plan.
>>No. 18502
[x] Stay hidden.

Somehow I think an escape would be risky and noisy.
>>No. 18503
[x] Stay hidden.
>>No. 18504
[x] Construct an escape plan.
>>No. 18505
[x] Construct an escape plan.

Tactical retreat. Plus, a hiding spot should the escape become unfeasible should be part of the general escape plan.
>>No. 18506
[x] Construct an escape plan.
>>No. 18508
[x] Stay hidden.
>>No. 18509
>Construct an escape plan.
That shit will never work

[x] Stay hidden.
>>No. 18510
Considering the captain's luck with the hot springs, it's as if he ended up in a harem anime, and he even got perhaps some of the denseness associated with leads of such crappy shows.

Then again women might be the one thing they didn't cover in Russian boot camp.
>>No. 18511
File 125895469169.jpg - (133.53KB, 849x749, sample-bfbefa81817d0e7580bc6a5ba2b5be1f.jpg) [iqdb]
18511
[ ] Stay hidden.

You have thought of making an escape, but chances are you'll blow your cover even before it's even attempted, and you know these aren't the regular type of women you'd meet anywhere in Russia. Then again, they never covered on how to deal with people from the opposite gender back in the boot camp, so it's understandable. Whatever it is, you have to make sure neither Eirin nor Kaguya notice your presence in the hot spring, so you clamp the knife between your teeth and make your way towards the nearest boulder.

Stay hidden. It's the name of the game.

And it's the only game you can take part in for now.

Slowly you approach the boulder, using the fog that starts thickening as cover, careful not to create ripples or noise that may attract unwanted attention. Occasionally you glance at the two lovely women as they start undressing, and you immediately divert your gaze somewhere before your eyes becomes fixated upon them. Moments later you heard splashes, and that means they have entered the water. You better hurry before they see you.

You manage to conceal yourself in the nick of time. That was close, you tell yourself. You swear this is the most unpleasant thing to happen, next to the encounter with Yukari, and the fact that it takes place during your self-hygiene routine doesn't help you much. Using the opportunity to recollect your breath, you lean against the hard rock and close your eyes shut. Slowly your mind regathers all information it can get, arranging it into a proper and complete picture.

Let's see: you are inside a hot spring. There are two women in the water, having fun cleaning each other and chatting with one another. And then there's you, a soldier whose cleaning routine is interrupted by their presence and is mildly annoyed by the disturbance. There's nothing you can do for now except to let time pass by and listen to the women talk.

“There's something that's been bugging me since he arrived.”

“Hmm? What might that be?”

“You know he's from World War 2 Russia, right?”

“I'm aware of that, princess. What is it that you want to tell me?”

“Well... I wonder if he realizes he's no longer in the war, or even the twentieth century. You think he'll digest the truth of his country if we tell him?”

What? No longer in the war? Not even the twentieth century? You peek in and listen to the conversation as it continues.

“I know for sure he'll praise his Motherland like no tomorrow if he knows that... but I'm only worried that he'll lose his dignity if he hears what happens to his country after the war.”

“It seems that you already have utmost interest in Mister Ivanov, but you're bothered by his background that you don't dare telling him. Right?”

“Eirin! It isn't about my feeling or anything! It's just that I'm worried he'll have nowhere else to go after that.”

“That's still the same, but anyway. Here's my suggestion: why don't you tell him during the party? I'm sure it will help him accepting the truth of the outside world.”

“...yeah, I think that's the best I can- eh? Why do I have to tell him?”

“Because you're closer to him than anybody else in the Eientei, that's why. Of course, Tatyana is out of the question because she's a different case, entirely.” A pause, followed by a teasing chuckle. “Besides, you're his hostess, so that means he's your responsibility.”

“Oh, alright. But you must help me in case something goes wrong with him, okay?”

The conversation ends there. You hear more water splashing, followed by rustling of clothes and the door closed. For a while you are in complete silent, and the only things audible to your ears are water droplets and the sound of your bayonet dropping into the pool, the latter of which brings you back to reality.

The information you've gathered is as disturbing as it sounds. You aren't certain it it's fact or simply women's gossip, but it demands for explanation. Moreover, Kaguya's mention of the Motherland before it ends abruptly further fuels your anxiety. What really happens to your beloved country? Who wins the war? If the Soviet Red Army has indeed won, what happens to them after that?

Damn, just thinking of them makes your head reel out of control. You give it a hard smack and the clouds inside your mind dissipates. You lean against the boulder and sigh; this isn't going to be good.

[ ] Spend some more time in the hot spring.
[ ] Go back to your room and dress up for the party.
>>No. 18512
[x] Go back to your room and dress up for the party.

Might as well brace ourselves for the news.
>>No. 18513
[x] Go back to your room and dress up for the party.
>>No. 18514
[X] Spend some more time in the hot spring. You still need to finish cleaning yourself up.
[X] If Yukari shows up, punch her in the face to establish superiority
>>No. 18515
[x] Go back to your room and dress up for the party.
>>No. 18516
[x] Go back to your room and dress up for the party.
>>No. 18517
[X] Spend some more time in the hot spring. You still need to finish cleaning yourself up.
Otherwise, the whole trip was pointless.
>>No. 18518
File 12589798001.jpg - (344.12KB, 1024x870, 1b38d28e7e571ab6630d2c66d9c1b982.jpg) [iqdb]
18518
Alright, with limited Internet access I'm having right now, update will be periodical, maybe after a couple of days.

>>18514
We're still at it?
>>No. 18519
[x] Spend some more time in the hot spring. You still need to finish cleaning yourself up.
>>No. 18520
>>18517
And risk someone else walking in? That and the mood's kinda ruined for a relaxing bath.
>>No. 18526
>>18514
This, fucking Yukari up for taking us out of our motherland with no hope to go back sounds like a plan.
>>No. 18527
>>18526

you act as if that's remotely possible, the only reason why the captain survived after attacking her those times is because she some fondness for him. Continued pointless battles will not end well.

And I think soon he might wonder if he would ever want to go back since I don't think he'd like what'd happen in the future. Thus he'd start truly settling down in Gensokyo.
>>No. 18536
[ ] Go back to your room and dress up for the party.

You look around. Isn’t there any way to tell how long you’ve spent in the hot spring? You can’t afford to spend too much time in this place, not when you have a party to attend. So, after finishing whatever you have left, you step out of the pool, grab the bathrobe and head for the door, while your mind is taking note for future session. Never, EVER, enter the hot-spring unless you’re certain nobody’s going to use it.

You bump into Marie and Tatyana. “Oh, hello, ladies,” you greet them. “I assume that it’s your turn to use the hot-spring, yes?”

“Aw! You’re already leaving?” Tatyana growls.

“Sorry, but party comes first.” Tatyana’s cheeks puff at the answer but she laughs afterwards and jumps into the water, stripping in midair before she dives in. “Always cheerful and full of energy, that child.”

“Well, already talking like you’ve become a father, I see?” You glare at Marie, who just chuckles at the response. “Why? Can I not express my opinion over your relationship with the little bunny?”

“For your information, Miss Marie, Tatyana is still technically a ration,” you answer. “And why you call me a father in a sudden? I’m not married, and I don’t think I will.”

Marie covers her chuckles behind the sleeve of her bathrobe. “Mister Ivanov is too shy to admit his feeling towards the princess~”

“Stop that. I’m not ready for a married life yet,” you reprimand.

“Of course! You’re a soldier, and you still need to focus on the battlefield.” Marie’s smile turns mischievous as she walks past you. “Unless you have found another battlefield more worthy of fighting than the current one you’re in.”

“I hope it isn’t directed at me as sarcasm,” you remark.

“We’ll see,” the servant replies.

You leave Marie and Tatyana with their own business behind and head back to your room. As soon as you make entrance, you waste no time looking for clothes suitable for tonight’s occasion but you halt just as you’re putting on your boxer short.

What the hell are you supposed to wear for the party?

[ ] Go ask anyone if you can find a uniform or anything decent to wear.
[ ] Swallow your pride and shout for Yukari’s help.
[ ] PANIC.
[ ] Take your PPSh-41 and rampage around the Eientei in a fit of rage.
>>No. 18537
[ ] Go ask anyone if you can find a uniform or anything decent to wear.
>>No. 18538
[x] Swallow your pride and shout for Yukari’s help.

Lazy anon is lazy.
>>No. 18539
[x] Take your PPSh-41 and rampage around the Eientei in a fit of rage.
[x] Swallow your pride and shout for Yukari’s help.
Let's give her a chance. I wonder if she'll make amends or just give our solider more reason to hate her?
>>No. 18540
[x] Go ask anyone if you can find a uniform or anything decent to wear.

I'm sure Kaguya left some kind of instructions on proper wear.
>>No. 18541
[x] Swallow your pride and shout for Yukari’s help.
>>No. 18542
Well, I'm writing update as we speak. Hate to say this, but after posting the update I may or may not be around until weekend.
>>No. 18544
File 125917713551.jpg - (505.55KB, 1656x2338, Uniform_2_5.jpg) [iqdb]
18544
[ ] Swallow your pride and shout for Yukari’s help.

You don’t want to do this, but the situation is almost as desperate as the fight to survive in Stalingrad’s sniper alley. Taking a deep breath, you look up at the ceiling, swallow the anger that starts growing inside of your heart, and begin. “Comrade Yukari, I am in the need for your urgent assistant. Are you there?”

Silence. You wait for a minute, but there isn’t any reply. Either your request has fallen into deaf ear, or she doesn’t notice it. You realize you’ll be slapping your face with your own pride as soldier of the Red Army by asking for help from your dreaded enemy, but there is no time to bicker over it.

“Comrade Yukari. Are you not listening? This is a matter of life and death, and unless you agree to help, I will blame you for the rest of my life.”

“Ufufufufufu~ looks like our little soldier has gone lenient this time~” Yukari’s voice is heard echoing inside the room, and you wait as a gap appears before you and the woman’s head sticks out of it. “So what problem it is that you need to seek for my help this time, hmm?” she asks while resting her chin upon her crossed fingers.

“You tell me,” you say back.

“Aw! You’re not saying it to me? Jeez, you’re still so thick-headed,” Yukari pouts.

“Are you helping or not? If you’re not, then you can leave,” you say.

“Silly little soldier.” Yukari hits your forehead lightly with her fan, and the woman giggles when you glower at her in annoyance. “Of course I will. Just tell me what you need.” She stares at your lightly clothed body and can’t help hiding her laughs behind the fan. “Of course~ you need something excellent to wear for the party~ just hang on for a minute; Yukarin thinks she knows where she can find one.”

Yukari disappears into the gap. It doesn’t take very long before she reappears from the same gap, but you’re frustrated to see her bringing nothing. “What’s this? Coming back empty-handed? Don’t make me laugh, Yukari.”

“Patience, little soldier. You’ll get your reward.” She gestures at you to open your arms while she points at an open air over you. A gap opens up, and from it a set of dress falls neatly into your arms. You inspect the clothes with intrigue: they appear to be a winter uniform worn by high-ranked officers, with the badges and all stitched upon the trench coat and all. “I think the uniform will suit you very much,” Yukari remarks.

“I can see that.” You take the clothes and begin to wear them but halt when Yukari is watching at you. “Aren’t you supposed to leave me alone? Like, right now?”

Yukari laughs. “Of course! Of course~ silly Yukarin always forgetting things.” She flaps the fan in diligent manners before she descends into the space beneath the gap. “I’ll see you at the party, little soldier. Until then~” The Lady of Boundaries leaves, and with the business settled you can focus on dressing yourself and getting ready for the party. Your head is full of various questions that are screaming to be answered, but you pay them no attention as you make the uniform fit on your body.

You turn to the mirror. You’re more than amazed; you can hardly believe you are the person wearing the winter uniform, and you look incredibly different in the stance, either. It’s like you have been promoted and having a regiment under your command. You can see it now, you and your earth rabbit regiment marching across the battlefield, hollering in union the anthem of the Red Army in all its pride and glory and crushing all those who dare defying the sovereignty of the Motherland-

You cough. Time to check how the Eientei folks are doing.

You leave your room and stumble across Eirin and Kaguya, both of whom are tongue-shackled to see your new appearance. You give them a quick salute and explain to them that you got the uniform from a friend who wishes to remain unnamed. “Still, you look amazingly good in that trench coat, captain,” Kaguya coos. “Wonder how good-looking you’ll be if I let you see some of my collection.”

“Uhh… what?”

“Nothing! Nothing,” Kaguya replies. “Say! We still have time before the party, right? Do you mind if you help me with something?”

“How much time we have?” you ask.

“An hour to be exact,” Eirin answers. “Everything related to the celebration party is being taken care of by the rabbits, so you don’t have to worry about the preparations. I’m unsure if you’re content with having guests, but I have ordered Udonge to take care of it.”

“I can see that.” You look back at Kaguya. “So, what kind of assistance you need from this soldier, milady?”

Kaguya laughs. “Nothing that important, really! Come on; just follow me.”

She heads to the kitchen, leaving you and Eirin standing in the hallway looking at the princess in intrigue. “That’s… quite interesting,” you comment.

“I believe you should go help her, Mister Ivanov,” Eirin says and returns to her room. “Oh; just in case she causes you too many troubles, you know where to find me.” You just watch as the pharmacist enters her room and locks the door, leaving you without any clear objective to accomplish for the hour.

[ ] Go help Kaguya.
[ ] Meet Eirin instead.
[ ] Find Reisen.
[ ] Look for Tewi.
[ ] Find Private Ichigo and Ichika.
[ ] Help the rest of the rabbits with the preparations.
>>No. 18545
[x] Go help Kaguya.
[x] Ask about her... 'collection'
I'm curious and so should he.
>>No. 18546
[x] Go help Kaguya.
[x] Ask about her... 'collection'
>>No. 18550
[x] Go help Kaguya.
[x] Ask about her... 'collection'
>>No. 18556
[x] Go help Kaguya.
[x] Ask about her... 'collection'

Works for me~!
>>No. 18558
[ℤℯ] Look out for Tewi.
>>No. 18567
>You can see it now, you and your earth rabbit regiment marching across the battlefield, hollering in union the anthem of the Red Army in all its pride and glory and crushing all those who dare defying the sovereignty of Eientei.

Changed a bit. I wonder when he will finally accept Eientei as his new home.

[x] Go help Kaguya.
[x] Ask about her... 'collection'
>>No. 18571
[x] Go help Kaguya.
[x] Ask about her... 'collection'
>>No. 18572
Update almost done. Seven minutes...
>>No. 18573
File 125936569841.jpg - (182.57KB, 863x1000, 0f7f81935a02adb84bb0a90c01fd2178.jpg) [iqdb]
18573
[ ] Go help Kaguya.
[ ] Ask about her… collection.

You shrug. “Whatever you say, Comrade Commissar.” You head to the kitchen, and only now you can understand why Kaguya wanted you to follow her. The princess, with what appears to be an apron tied around her body, is working with the stove, presumably cooking something to eat. Interesting; you’d be expecting someone of high nobility to not soil her hands with such degrading tasks, but alas you have been proven wrong.

There may be more about Kaguya than your eyes can see.


“I thought you’d save the hunger for the party,” you say as you approach her.

She giggles. “Why? Can’t this princess some hors d’oeuvre first?”

You look over her shoulders and notice that she’s cooking an omelette. “I thought opening meal consists of something light for the stomach,” you answer. “I know nothing of cuisine, but that’s not what you’d eat before the main course.”

“Something like sushi, right? I know, but right now.” Kaguya flips the frying pan to cook the underside of the omelette. “I want to eat something fried.”

“Something drinkable may help with the food craving, you know,” you add.

“But wouldn’t that be an aperitif?” she asks back and flips the omelette again. “And what would you have before the main course?”

“Who, me?” You look around the kitchen to find any alcoholic drink, but all you can see is rice wine, and you feel a little dejected. “I suppose I could go for some vodka, but it appears that this place doesn’t offer any. Damn, I should’ve brought back some from Rinnosuke’s shop.”

“Vodka, eh? There’s a box of it at the storage room; I can ask the rabbits to take them here if you like.” Having finished with the cooking she serves the omelette on plate and takes a bite of it. “Want some?” You can’t refuse the offer, so you take the nearest utensil your hand can reach and use it to eat the meal. “I didn’t know you can use chopsticks.”

You take a look at the utensil. You blink; you had intended to use fork instead of chopsticks. A quick trip to your past gives you a bit of comfort, if not shrouded in melancholy. “Never thought to use this again since my father died,” you murmur. “He told me that he had befriended a Japanese woman and was taught on everything about the culture. That was before the Ruso-Japanese War; he never heard of her since then.”

“I guess the woman was your father’s first love?” Kaguya asks.

You laugh. “He never said anything about it, but maybe.” You take another chunk of the omelette only to be put into Kaguya’s mouth as she seizes it off the chopsticks. “I’m not feeding you right now.”

“Why not?” she replies. “It’s fun when you steal someone’s food just before they’re going to eat it.”

“That’s what concerns me the most: stealing someone’s food,” you reply. “After all, you are A princess, and I expect you to behave like one.”

Kaguya chuckles and pokes you lightly on the forehead, almost tiptoeing as she does. “You’re funny. I reckon that even Soviet soldiers have sense of humour, yes?”

You disregard the question and press on with your own: “so, what is this collection you’ve told me earlier?”

Kaguya takes the chopsticks from your hand and use them to feed herself. “You know, stuffs that a princess would most likely to have: gifts, offerings, prizes, you name it.” She takes a seat and waves at you to sit beside her. “But don’t expect me to take all of them out, since they’ve been cramped inside the closet for ages.”

“I’m more concerned on why you’d even want to show them to me in the first place,” you reply. “A woman’s private life is supposed to be kept secret from all but those she has put her belief in.” Kaguya is stumped by the statement. Looking flustered, she tries to stay calm and continues eating the omelette, as if she doesn’t hear the statement. “I won’t say anything if you let me see the collection, though. It’s your call.”

“If you say so, then do you have free time tomorrow? I suppose that apart from the training programme, you don’t have anything else to do in Eientei,” she says. “So can you help me cleaning up my room?”

You look outside the window. “Well… I don’t think I’m going to do anything more interesting than torturing new recruits, so sure. Besides.” You take the chopsticks back from Kaguya and take another bite of the omelette. “You shouldn’t do that, taking someone’s chopsticks and using them as you please.”

“Hehe. Sorry about that.” Kaguya looks at the same direction as well, humming in fascination over the sight of the bamboo forest. “We’re already in the middle of autumn. Time surely goes by quickly if we don’t notice,” she remarks.

“Autumn? I guess I’ve lost track of time ever since I arrived here,” you say.

“That’s because you’re so committed to training us you don’t even pay attention to tiny details,” she says and takes the chopsticks again. This time she fiddles with the utensil, spinning one of the wooden skewers back and forth around her index finger before picking a piece of omelette with it and munching it. “You know you should sit down and relax, even if for a day. That’s what we always do whenever there aren’t anything big happening.”

“I’ll think of it.” You take the chopsticks and finish the remaining omelette. “One thing before I forget, though.”

“Which is?” Kaguya looks at you expectantly and so are you. For a while both of you become lost in time, staring into each other’s eyes and not moving from the seat. The only sound audible to your ears is the rustling of the bamboo leaves as the wind blows, and the rhythmic beat of your heart.

“Ahem.” Both of you are startled and turn around to see Reisen standing at the door. “Excuse me for interrupting, but the guests have arrived. Should I take them to the guestroom?”

“Ah, yes! Of course.” Kaguya sets the empty plate aside and nods to Reisen. “Thanks for informing, Inaba. Please tell them I’ll be there shortly.”

“Yes, princess.” Reisen takes a quick look on you, blinks a few times, before she gives you a salute. She quickly makes haste to the guestroom, leaving you and Kaguya speechless. What was that all about?”

“Anyway, what you wanted to tell me earlier?” Kaguya asks as she clears her throat.

You do the same. “I’ll tell you during or after the party, whichever comes first.” The princess pouts but doesn’t say anything and takes the plate to the sink. You, on the other hand, remain seated and grab a glass of water to drink. The silence that slips in is becoming disturbing, and neither one of you is saying anything.

[ ] Do the initiative and start the talking.
[ ] Wait for Kaguya to finish the dishwashing.
[ ] Leave Kaguya and give her some space to clear her mind.
[ ] Approach Kaguya and hug her from behind- WHAT THE HELL YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING TO MY PRINCESS?
>>No. 18574
[X] Do the initiative and start the talking.

May as well when both are soberwide awake and aware.
>>No. 18575
[x] Approach Kaguya and hug her from behind.
>>No. 18577
[x]Start talking while helping Kaguya to finish the dishwashing.
We can multitask, yes?
>>No. 18578
[X] Do the initiative and start the talking.
>>No. 18579
[x]Start talking while helping Kaguya to finish the dishwashing.
>>No. 18591
[X] Do the initiative and start the talking.
>>No. 18594
[ℤℯ] Start talking while helping Kaguya to finish the dishwashing.

Well sure.
>>No. 18595
[0] Do the initiative and start the talking.
>>No. 18600
File 125947037849.jpg - (175.95KB, 847x744, b55392c04cd9c9b08f05fe8306d02958.jpg) [iqdb]
18600
The votes have been called. I'll start writing the update and combine both these votes in it:

>[ ] Do the initiative and start the talking.
>[ ] Start talking while helping Kaguya to finish the dishwashing.

Take note that due to limited Internet connectivity in my place, I won't be around for several more days, so please wait patiently. Also, update(s) after this may contain wall of texts, so brace yourself.
>>No. 18609
File 125960481129.jpg - (512.92KB, 707x1000, c22a9dda8fd4b4cc4336399855bbf4d3.jpg) [iqdb]
18609
[ ] Do the initiative and start the talking.
[ ] Start talking while helping Kaguya to finish the dishwashing.


“You know what?” You stand up and approach the princess from behind. “Forget what I just said earlier and let me help with the dishes.”

Kaguya looks at you confused. “Eh? But you don’t have to trouble yourself; it’s just a plate,” she says.

“I’m bored, and I need to do something, anyway.” You take the plate from Kaguya’s hand and start washing it. “Besides, shouldn’t you be greeting your guests right now?”

“I can wait for you, if you like,” Kaguya says.

“Why is that, if I may ask?”

“Why not? Somebody ought to escort the princess, after all,” she answers. “Plus it will help in enhancing Eientei’s image. Imagine this: a moon princess escorted by a soldier who has willingly served his nation and prepared to sacrifice his body and soul in the name of freedom-”

And so Kaguya gets lost in her own world, telling romantic stories of soldiers and their undoubted service to the country they serve. You make no attempt to correct her and keep on washing the dishes, all while she keeps telling you about soldiers’ undying dedication to their cause.

Eventually you grow tired from listening to her ranting, so after putting the last plate on the rack you wipe your hand dry and trace down a finger down her spine. Kaguya shrieks in surprise, and you retract your hand back before she catches it. “W-what was that for?!” she asks.

“I should remind you that the guests can’t afford to wait for us any longer,” you say.

“You should just tell me about that!” she retorts. “Besides, that was a rude gesture, Mister Ivanov. Where has your mannerism gone to?”

“Unfortunately, I have a very little shame inside of me,” you reply sarcastically. Seeing Kaguya’s pouting face is enough to make you laugh, and you apologize for startling her with the gesture. “Come on! Can’t I play some joke with you?”

“That wasn’t even funny,” Kaguya growls.

With the kitchen chore finished you and Kaguya make your way to the guestroom, walking past numbers of earth rabbits who are rushing back and forth along the hallway. You can see the sight of Reisen commanding the rabbits, and Tewi talking with a girl with eccentric ears and wings near the front door. You can’t help wondering what thing Tewi is holding over her shoulder, looking like an oversized mallet or something. You don’t see any sight of Eirin, assuming that she’s still inside her room with unfinished business to settle.

“Shall we go in?” Kaguya asks.

“Sure, why not?” You follow Kaguya’s lead and enter the guestroom, now expanded after the sliding doors are removed to make more room for the attending guests. It surely looks more spacious than before, though with the guests filling any empty space you wonder if the Eientei can handle the crowd.

Your attention is, however, diverted towards the front, where a raised platform stands. A closer inspection reveals that it’s one of the tables. Oh great. This can only mean one thing.

[ ] Pokes Kaguya. Surely she doesn’t mind greeting the guests first before your turn.
[ ] Observe the guests first. You have to identify them first before you can proceed.
[ ] A speech. You’ll be delivering it. (Write your piece here)
[ ] Others (write-in).
>>No. 18610
[x] Observe the guests first. You have to identify them first before you can proceed.

Try to know your audience before saying anything. I'm sure Kaguya will introduce you to all the folks here.
>>No. 18612
[ ] Observe the guests first. You have to identify them first before you can proceed.
>>No. 18613
[x] Observe the guests first. You have to identify them first before you can proceed.

works for me~!
>>No. 18614
[x] Observe the guests first. You have to identify them first before you can proceed.
I guess this means that a short update is in order so we can make the speech while knowing who are we talking to.
>>No. 18615
[x] Observe the guests first. You have to identify them first before you can proceed.
>>No. 18616
[x] Observe the guests first. You have to identify them first before you can proceed.
>>No. 18619
[x] Observe the guests first. You have to identify them first before you can proceed.
>>No. 18620
[ℤℯ] Observe the guests first. You have to identify them first before you can proceed.
>>No. 18645
File 125989597345.png - (1.35MB, 1573x1095, b7e67636d8a331ef46767b1da21653b8.png) [iqdb]
18645
God damn it, I can hardly believe I managed to write this one. And sorry for the delayed update.

----------------

[ ] Observe the guests first. You have to identify them first before you can proceed.

You step closer towards Kaguya and whisper into her ear. “Hey, Kaguya. Can you do me a favour?” The princess turns to her and gives you a befuddled look. “It’s not that much. Actually, I need to identify the guests first before I can come up with the speech.”

“Oh? Oh! Yes, of course!” She looks back at the crowd and claps her hand, therefore gaining their attention. “May I have your attention? As the master of the Eientei, I, Kaguya Houraisan, heartily welcome all of you to our first victory-plus-welcoming party. As you may have known, this party is held not only to celebrate the Eientei’s victory against our enemy but also to welcome a great soldier who has helped us in achieving the victory.” The guests clap their hands in unison. “And now, as he has requested to me earlier, I’d like each and every one of you to introduce yourself to him before he delivers us his speech.”

“Boo! What’s the fun with that?” a twin-horned girl asks and takes a gulp from her gourd. “Let him introduce himself first!”

“He’d like to, but the trouble is he isn’t used to sit in all-female crowd,” Kaguya says, earning yourself some giggles from among the crowd. “I’m sure he’ll get used to this occasion if we give him some space to adjust himself.”

Leaving the guests to Kaguya to handle, you take some time in observing the guests. Sure enough you can identify some of the visitors: there are Reimu and the twin-horned girl from earlier, the latter wearing an exact copy of Reimu’s dress. There’s also Alice, her presence of which surprises you since she has told you she wasn’t sure of being welcomed to the party (you appreciate her presence, nevertheless). Your heart is tickled a little when you see Tatyana tackling Alice and giving her a tight embrace before taking seat on the puppeteer’s lap. She easily gets attached to other people, you can tell.

Then you pay your attention to a couple seated adjacent to Reimu. It’s a young lady in light, almost whitish red dress, possesses bat-like wings sticking out of her back and has an inappropriately sized ribbon tied along the back of her waist. She seems to be talking with a maid sitting next to her before fixating her gaze upon Reimu, a gesture the shrine maiden pays little notice to. The girl sitting beside the maid does nothing more than reading a book you can’t identify, though occasionally she glances at Alice before diverting her eyes back at the texts.

A mistress, a servant and a bookworm. You’ll keep that in mind.

Your next attention is the girl with eccentric ears who walks in after talking to Tewi before she abruptly steps outside. A closer inspection reveals why: at the opposite side of the table sits a grey-haired girl in dark green and white dress accompanying a rather well-endowed woman wearing elaborately decorated light blue/white overdress and blue hat with intriguing insignia on its front. The woman seems to be frustrated as the girl with the eccentric ears left, but later grins widely at the sight of foods served by the rabbits; she reaches for one of the servings before the grey-haired girl slaps her hand, and the woman pouts at her acquaintance for the rude interruption.

There are also other people in the crowd; including a blue-haired girl with ice-shaped wings accompanied by two other girls (you immediately recognize them as the youkai of darkness and the caped girl. Shit, you just hope they won’t cause you much trouble) and a girl with dual-coloured eyes and purple umbrella sitting next to the girl with eccentric ears. Interesting folk, as far as you can tell, but sadly Reimu and Alice are the only people you are already familiar with, and you have yet to know the rest of the guests’ names. To make matters complicated, Marisa is missing from the folk, as so are Mokou and Keine. Maybe they don’t get the invitation or they declined it for various reasons. Even Yukari doesn’t show up despite her promise to come over to the party.

You sigh. This isn’t going to help you with the speech.

“Has the party started?” Aya has arrived just in time. “Good timing, because I’ve brought myself some people here. Come on in!” She waves her hand, and a group enters the makeshift hall with some difficulty due to the crowd congestion: a reluctant wolf-eared girl, a green-haired girl whose blue-white attire is not too dissimilar from Reimu’s (another shrine maiden?) and a blonde child whose demeanour is suspiciously well-established compared to her physical stature. The most intriguing aspect about this individual, however, is her hat; you aren’t sure if you’re hallucinating, but did those eyes just blink?

You feel a tap on your shoulder and turn to your side. “You alright?” Kaguya asks.

“I’m not sure if I am,” you answer and lean in to whisper. “I’m not familiar with anyone else than Reimu, Alice and Aya. Perhaps you can help me telling her name, at least, so that I can address them properly during the speech.”

“I can help you with that, but Mister Ivanov,” Kaguya whispers back. “Why are you whispering? Wouldn’t it be easier if you just tell them aloud?”

“Because this little soldier is very insecure about interaction with people from the opposite gender, that’s why,” Yukari says as she appears from behind, startling both of you by throwing her arms around your shoulders. “This Yukarin knows his dilemma so well s he was raised in an all-male environment, so please excuse his expected brazen attitude towards you all.” You don’t feel very comfortable with her sudden appearance, and you’re certain that Kaguya is sharing the same sentiment.

“Oh, for god’s sake,” you can hear Reimu grumbling. “What the hell has brought you here?”

“Cute little Reimu doesn’t know?” Yukari asks and fakes dejection. “I’ve been invited by this little soldier to his party. And it was exclusive, too~” She releases you from her arms and disappears into a gap, only to re-emerge behind Reimu to give the annoyed shrine maiden a hug. “Be grateful he didn’t decide to ask you to organize the party over your place.”

“Try having a party at YOUR place,” Reimu replies dryly.

Appearing behind you again are Ran and a twin-tailed cat girl. “I’m sorry on her behalf again,” Ran apologizes (the cat girl looks around the hall before she makes her way towards Alice). “I’ve told her many times we should use the front door, but she insisted on performing a dramatic entrance.”

“I kind of wished she had miscalculated her landing and jumped into the hot spring instead,” you say.

“Hey~! I can hear that,” Yukari grumbles.

Reimu shakes her head in amusement and turns towards you. “I suppose our introduction can wait. Why don’t you let us hear your glorious speech first? Besides, some of us are all too eager to dine in.”

Well, why the hell not?

[ ] Your speech. Feel free to write in.
>>No. 18646
I like the Miko Miko Suika, Kogasa, as well as few other things.

But I think our speech should involve that despite the certencetences, enjoying our time here.

Talking about what happened (everyone's used to Marisa stealing stuff) and how with tactics you finally took back what was yours. (but add a note to you don't blame Alice for her role in things)

Just some ideas for someone who can do something better.
>>No. 18648
Can't think of anything good at the moment. Maybe we could borrow the skills of Soviet Anon from /shrine/?
>>No. 18649
>>18648
Sounds good. I'll try writing on something as well later today. This speech needs to be GLORIOUS.
>>No. 18650
>>18646
>certencetences
......

...circumstances?
>>No. 18651
>>18650
Circumcisions.
>>No. 18652
[x] Needs a write in.
>>No. 18653
Alright, people. I'll give you all maximum two days to come up with the write-in needed for the next update. Feel free to contribute whatever you see fit for our speech.
>>No. 18654
>>18653
Soviet Anon notified.

I can only hope he sees the giant hammer and sickle signal on the clouds in time.
>>No. 18656
>>18655
Not Soviet Anon here, but this sounds fine to me.
>>No. 18657
>>18655

Add something in about how we stole back the amulet.
>>No. 18658
>>18657
Me might also want to introduce ourselves to the people who we don't know yet.
>>No. 18659
>>18657
>>18658
Ah, you two are absolutely right, I will work on it a bit more.
>>No. 18660
At times like this, i wonder where all the write in people have gone to? There used to be people who did this kind of thing a few minutes after an update was made.
Where are they now?
>>No. 18662
[x] "Good evening to all. I am Captain Yuri Ivanov, 3rd Guards Rifle Division of the Russian Red Army. It is a pleasure to meet you all here tonight.
-[x] "Those of you here tonight may be wondering for what occasion this party is being held for. I'm sure you are all know that black-white magician Marisa. A few nights ago she assaulted Eientei in the dead of night with the intent to steal from it. I managed to tackle her to the ground and in the scuffle she stole a precious belonging from me." Show them the bullet amulet.
-[x] "This is a party to celebrate a victory for Eientei in which I and members of my squad, including Lieutenant Reisen and Kaguya embarked on a mission to take back what was mine."
-[x] "I don't wish to take up anymore of our time for festivities. So without further ado let the celebration begin!"
>>No. 18663
[x] >>18662
So much better.
>>No. 18664
[x] "Good evening to all. I am Captain Yuri Ivanov, 3rd Guards Rifle Division of the Russian Red Army. It is a pleasure to meet you all here tonight.
-[x] "Those of you here tonight may be wondering for what occasion this party is being held for. I'm sure you are all know that black-white magician Marisa. A few nights ago she assaulted Eientei in the dead of night with the intent to steal from it. I managed to tackle her to the ground and in the scuffle she stole a precious belonging from me." Show them the bullet amulet.
-[x] "This is a party to celebrate a victory for Eientei in which I and members of my squad, including Lieutenant Reisen and Kaguya embarked on a mission to take back what was mine."
-[x] "I don't wish to take up anymore of our time for festivities. So without further ado let the celebration begin!"

hooray~!
>>No. 18665
[x] "Good evening to all. I am Captain Yuri Ivanov, 3rd Guards Rifle Division of the Russian Red Army. It is a pleasure to meet you all here tonight.
-[x] "Those of you here tonight may be wondering for what occasion this party is being held for. I'm sure you are all know that black-white magician Marisa. A few nights ago she assaulted Eientei in the dead of night with the intent to steal from it. I managed to tackle her to the ground and in the scuffle she stole a precious belonging from me." Show them the bullet amulet.
-[x] "This is a party to celebrate a victory for Eientei in which I and members of my squad, including Lieutenant Reisen and Kaguya embarked on a mission to take back what was mine."
-[x] "I don't wish to take up anymore of our time for festivities. So without further ado let the celebration begin!"
>>No. 18666
[x] "Good evening to all. I am Captain Yuri Ivanov, 3rd Guards Rifle Division of the Russian Red Army. It is a pleasure to meet you all here tonight.
-[x] "Those of you here tonight may be wondering for what occasion this party is being held for. I'm sure you are all know that black-white magician Marisa. A few nights ago she assaulted Eientei in the dead of night with the intent to steal from it. I managed to tackle her to the ground and in the scuffle she stole a precious belonging from me." Show them the bullet amulet.
-[x] "This is a party to celebrate a victory for Eientei in which I and members of my squad, including Lieutenant Reisen and Kaguya embarked on a mission to take back what was mine."
-[x] "I don't wish to take up anymore of our time for festivities. So without further ado let the celebration begin!"
>>No. 18667
File 126016851483.png - (41.70KB, 300x300, Awesomeface.png) [iqdb]
18667
>>18660
I don't know. I wish they'd still hang around with us.

>>18666
Awesome. Give me a few days to come up with the necessary update.
>>No. 18668
>>18660

After a couple of backfires (that went bad) and write-ins that unintentionallyor not got dismissed I pretty much gave up on writing in anything personally. Doesn't stop me from reading though but yeah this anon quit writing in.

I can't really blame some authors if they had something in mind and the write in compromises their story/plot/plans but after so many times in a short while.... yeah...
>>No. 18669
>>18660

Well pure write ins aren't my strong suit, especially speech writing.

And some of them are are around, just less in number, and some of them might not read /eientei/ due to various reasons (such as the slow updaters and/or 'particularly dramatic' writers.

But a writer has the right to refuse a write in, but more often than not a good write in helps in the flow of the story, not hinder it.

>>18667
Hooray! This story is the best reason to come to /eientei/
>>No. 18670
>>18666
I second this.
[x] "Good evening to all. I am Captain Yuri Ivanov, 3rd Guards Rifle Division of the Russian Red Army. It is a pleasure to meet you all here tonight.
-[x] "Those of you here tonight may be wondering for what occasion this party is being held for. I'm sure you are all know that black-white magician Marisa. A few nights ago she assaulted Eientei in the dead of night with the intent to steal from it. I managed to tackle her to the ground and in the scuffle she stole a precious belonging from me." Show them the bullet amulet.
-[x] "This is a party to celebrate a victory for Eientei in which I and members of my squad, including Lieutenant Reisen and Kaguya embarked on a mission to take back what was mine."
-[x] "I don't wish to take up anymore of our time for festivities. So without further ado let the celebration begin!"
>>No. 18686
Alright. The update is ready to be posted. Please wait warmly...
>>No. 18687
File 126049767628.jpg - (145.46KB, 559x700, 1216948220442.jpg) [iqdb]
18687
Shamelessly imitating the /shrine/ Soviet Anon

[ ] The speech.

You take a moment to prepare yourself for this occasion. You’re never a good public speaker, and giving out fiery speech has never been your specialty. You look back at the audience and sigh; realizing there’s no turning back, you decide to go for it. Glorious or not, you’re going to put all the efforts in it.

With a loud, clear and confident voice, you begin.

“Good evening to all. I am Captain Yuri Ivanov, 3rd Guards Rifle Division of the Russian Red Army. It is a pleasure to meet you all here tonight in Eientei’s victory celebrating party.” All of the girls’ attention is now aimed at you, and some even chuckle at your words. With a simple hand gesture your turn their attention to Kaguya and Reisen. “This party is to celebrate a victory for Eientei in which I and members of my squad, including Lieutenant Reisen and Kaguya embarked on a mission to take back what was mine.”

You earn a few more chuckles from the guests, as their eyes now focus back onto you.

“Those of you here tonight may be wondering for what occasion this party is being held for. I’m sure you all know that black-white magician Marisa.” They nod in unison, although a few do murmur voiceless objection due to the remark. “A few nights ago she assaulted Eientei in the dead of night with the intent to steal from it. I managed to tackle her to the ground and in the scuffle she stole a precious belonging from me.”

At the mention of ‘precious’ Alice and the purple-haired bookworm can be seen frowning in embarrassment, the latter trying vainly to hide her flushed face behind the book. You turn to Kaguya and ask her to show the audience the bullet. She takes the amulet off and shows it to the girls before she wears it back.

“This event had, in turn, led to Eientei’s first major military operation through its existence in Gensokyo. Of course, we had expected the opposing side to not surrender without a fight. Words alone couldn’t describe the chaos and disorder we had to face in retrieving the treasure, but in the end the Red Army had prevailed.” The atmosphere quickly becomes intense. At this point you realize most of the girls may have seen you as potential threat to Gensokyo’s stability; the bookworm girl, especially, is glaring at you as if she’s displeased with the statement. You know you have to correct their mistaken point of view.

“I must, however, stress here that while we bear some degree of hostility towards her for the acts she had committed, I never have the intention to treat anyone in Gensokyo as an enemy.” A unified sigh of relief and you know they have gotten the point. “Only those who portray themselves as enemy of the Motherland will face the wrath of her children, and if necessary, we will execute them in the name of Mother Russia.” You smile. “Fret not, my friends. I have been taught to welcome those with the desire to contribute their strength for the good cause. As a matter of fact.” You pause. “I am more than ready to forgive Marisa and accept her into the Red Army if she agrees not to cause trouble to the Eientei. I cannot guarantee myself to go easy on her if she wishes to participate in the volunteer training camp, though.”

You pause again as to scan the people. Pity Marisa isn’t present right now, because you’re certain you’ll enjoy teasing the black-white in front of your audience. You pay attention to Aya and her friends, all of whom are beaming at you for various reasons; Aya, though, is excitedly waving her notebook at you, a clear reminder that you still owe her the interview. The mistress/servant/bookworm trio is also looking at you rather interestedly, as well as the grey-haired girl and the kimono woman, though you’re sure their reasons for doing so are different.

You just realize how diverse the residents of Gensokyo really are.

You cough. “I’m not a man of many words, and I don’t wish to take up anymore of our time for festivities. So without further ado.” You throw your arms forward, extending them towards the guests. “Let the celebration begin!”

A moment of silence passes through the crowd, and then, one person, your puppeteer friend, starts clapping. Soon the others follow and in the end the whole crowd is cheering.

With that, the party begins.

You step down from the makeshift pedestal. Now that you’re done with the speech, you’re left with a few choices of what to do. Perhaps you can make some progress with Yukari, and acquaint yourself with Ran and Reimu? Or perhaps you might wish to spend your time with Alice and get to learn more about the black-white magician? You can also see what Aya’s up to, and maybe befriend her friends, or speak with the intrepid trio and the ghostly duo.

And, perhaps, you could just stay here with Kaguya and Reisen.

[ ] Converse with Yukari, Ran and Reimu; getting acquainted with them may prove vital.
[ ] Spend your time with Alice; surely you’ll get to learn about Marisa from her.
[ ] Find Aya; maybe she can introduce you to her friends.
[ ] Those duo seems rather lively, and perhaps you could talk to the young lady in scarlet.
[ ] Stay here with Kaguya and Reisen. This is their celebration, and it’s your duty to have fun with them together.
[ ] Do anything else that comes to mind.
>>No. 18689
[x] Converse with Yukari, Ran and Reimu; getting acquainted with them may prove vital.

I think this is a good idea, meeting and clearing things up with Reimu is always a good idea.

Then I think we can go try talking to someone else.
>>No. 18690
[X] Converse with Yukari, Ran and Reimu; getting acquainted with them may prove vital.

Afterwards:assuming there's time
-[X] Find Aya; maybe she can introduce you to her friends.

Ivanov did promise an interview, may as well do it with the festivities ongoing.
>>No. 18692
[x] Converse with Yukari, Ran and Reimu; getting acquainted with them may prove vital.

>>18689
I can only agree with you, don't want to get on Reimu's bad side. Useless fighting due to misunderstandings is always bad and Allies/Friends are always welcome.
>>No. 18696
[X] Find Aya; maybe she can introduce you to her friends.
Time to recruit more tengu for the red army.
>>No. 18697
[x] Those two look rather lively, and perhaps you could talk to the young lady in scarlet.
>>No. 18699
[x] Converse with Yukari, Ran and Reimu; getting acquainted with them may prove vital.
>>No. 18700
[x] Converse with Yukari, Ran and Reimu; getting acquainted with them may prove vital.
-[X] Find Aya; maybe she can introduce you to her friends if there's time.

inb4 we messed up by not staying by Kaguya's side
>>No. 18704
>>18700

I doubt it, Serial ATA isn't like that, and I'm sure Kaguya wouldn't mind us mingling with the others. (Chances are she'd go and tell us to mingle) and near the end she'd try to pull us aside as to tell the truth.

That and she'd applaud how we'd clear things up with Reimu.
>>No. 18706
[x] Converse with Yukari, Ran and Reimu; getting acquainted with them may prove vital.
[x] Find Aya; maybe she can get the interview over with, soon-ish.
[x] Stay here with Kaguya and Reisen. This is their celebration, and it’s your duty to have fun with them together.

In that order.
>>No. 18707
[x] Converse with Yukari, Ran and Reimu; getting acquainted with them may prove vital.
[x] Find Aya; maybe she can get the interview over with, soon-ish.
[x] Join up with Kaguya and Reisen near the end. This is their celebration, and it’s your duty to have fun with them together.
>>No. 18712
[x] Converse with Yukari, Ran and Reimu; getting acquainted with them may prove vital.
[x] Find Aya; maybe she can get the interview over with, soon-ish.
[x] Stay here with Kaguya and Reisen. This is their celebration, and it’s your duty to have fun with them together.
>>No. 18714
[x] Converse with Yukari, Ran and Reimu; getting acquainted with them may prove vital.
-[X] Find Aya; maybe she can introduce you to her friends if there's time.
>>No. 18715
[x] Converse with Yukari, Ran and Reimu; getting acquainted with them may prove vital.
-[X] Find Aya; maybe she can introduce you to her friends if there's time.
>>No. 18716
[x] Converse with Yukari, Ran and Reimu; getting acquainted with them may prove vital.
-[X] Find Aya; maybe she can introduce you to her friends if there's time.
We can hang out with the princess other day.
>>No. 18720
File 126086320729.jpg - (83.64KB, 635x664, Sgthamarshall.jpg) [iqdb]
18720
Sorry for my absence (was busy taking part in hobby convention at the city last weekend, and I'm still tired). So yeah, update will probably have to wait, but I won't stall it for too long.
>>No. 18736
File 126118640659.jpg - (487.55KB, 725x1025, ec0840d017c41712f652615550f8152d.jpg) [iqdb]
18736
[ ] Converse with Yukari, Ran and Reimu; getting acquainted with them may prove vital.
[ ] After that, find Aya; maybe she can introduce you to her friends.


You look around the hall. Sure, this is the chance to interact with the guests, but your mind is focused on enjoying the party with your company. The prospect of getting to know the guests is irresistible, but you aren’t sure you’ll be able to mingle with them properly. Think, strange zaichata, think! Who do you want to spend your time with throughout the party?

You feel a nudge on your shoulder. It’s Kaguya, and she’s smiling at you. “Go on; mix with the people, you’ll need to learn of their name, anyway,” she says.

“Easier said than done. What about you?” you ask.

Kaguya giggles, even as she snatches the arm of Eirin who happens to have walked into the hall. “For now, let’s just say that both of us will have a lot of time to spend later tonight. Isn’t that right, Eirin?”

“Why, yes it is,” the pharmacist answers. “Have fun with the people, Mister Ivanov.”

You nod. “The same goes for you and Kaguya, too. It’s your party, after all. Enjoy yourselves.” You can see Eirin’s face changing slightly although she is quick to regain her composure. You wave them a salute and walk towards Yukari, Ran and Reimu, the three of whom are noticing your arrival and waving to you. “Hope I don’t interrupt whatever you’re about to commence,” you say as you take a vacant seat beside Ran.

“Not at all,” Yukari replies. “We expect you to show up, anyway.”

“I don’t want to break the mood of the party, really, but you owe me the question.” Ignoring Yukari’s pestering Reimu gives you the kind of stare that is more than enough to scare off even the hungriest bear. “How did you get here in the first place?”

You turn to Yukari, who merely hides her giggles behind the fan. “Oh, come on~ let’s just say that he found a passageway within the border and decided to investigate~”

“I don’t think there’s any disturbance with the border for many days,” Ran suggests. “If it is, I’d have sensed it and informed Miss Yukari immediately.”

“See? Even Ran agrees with me,” Yukari says. “It’s not a big deal if a person slips past the boundary unharmed, unless he intends to upset the balance. Right, Reimu?”

“Balance?” you ask.

Yukari throws you a wink. “It’s a secret only Yukarin and cute little Reimu are allowed to share~” the lady of boundaries speaks in sing-song voice. “Oh, right. Tell her of the issue between you and Marisa. I want to hear it~”

“Hasn’t he stated it during his speech, Miss Yukari?” Ran asks.

“Silly Ran. It’s just for assurance,” Yukari replies.

“Let me get this straight.” You cough once. “That Marisa hasn’t issued a formal apology for causing damage to us and almost getting one of the tenants killed in the process, and to this day she doesn’t show any sign of regret over the crime she has committed.”

“Crime, as in, stealing precious things?” Reimu shrugs. “Don’t worry about her, captain. Even if she does manage to steal it back from you, there’s no way she’ll find a way to use it. Hey, Alice!” She waves to the flustered puppeteer who happens to overhear the conversation. “You did get back the special-issue doll Marisa took from you that day, didn’t you?”

“W-well, yes, I did,” Alice answers.

“I understand the sentiment you have against Marisa, Mister Ivanov, but you have to forgive her for her tendency,” Ran says. “If her eyes spot something interesting, she’ll get it, and once she does she’s unstoppable. Kind of like a bowerbird exerting its best in decorating its nest just to impress its potential mate, you know.”

“Except that her love shack is always in mess~” Yukari’s answer causes Alice to blush more furiously, and Reimu to shoot the blonde woman an annoyed glare. “Oops. Looks like Yukarin has ticked off somebody~”

“If anything, Marisa’s only pissed at you because she thinks you have scratched her ego a little,” Ran adds. “Don’t worry. Eventually she’ll cool down and treat you as a friend. Just give her some time.”

“Alright, I get what you are trying to tell me.” You cough again. “Anyway, I’d like to personally welcome you to Eientei’s victory party. I hope you will be enjoying tonight’s celebration as much as the rest of the guests.”

“Of course we are. And I have something special just for that occasion, too~” She brings up a decorated bottle from somewhere within her domain; from the labelling it’s clearly a bottle of vodka. She produces a glass from her sleeve and pours the drink into it; she repeats the process with Ran and Reimu, although the shrine maiden is quick to decline it. “I reckon that you prefer vodka over everything else, no? This is among the finest I have in my collection~”

A smile creeps upon your face. “My gratitude for the excellent gift,” you say and lifted the filled glass. “For the Motherland.”

Hiding a thin smile with the sleeve of her robe, Yukari stretches her hand out and completes toast, together with Ran. “Hmm~ hmm~ yes, for the-”

“Hey~! What about me?” You turn to the source of the voice and can see the twin-horned girl growling at the group for apparently forsaking her presence. “Don’t forget that the captain still owes me the question!”

Reimu glances at the girl. “Suika, don’t tell me you…”

The girl laughs. “Sorry! Can’t help it, really!” She, then, turns to you, and sports a grin that is as adorable as the person herself. “Good to see you, captain! My name is Suika.”

You throw her a toast. “Greetings, Comrade Suika, and welcome to the party.”

The girl laughs again and takes a chug from the seemingly oversized gourd. A loud thud is heard when she slams it on the floor, almost knocking the table over in the process. “One does not simply enjoy a party without indulging themselves in alcohol!” she exclaims.

“True that.” Yukari pours some more vodka into your glass. “So, little soldier, while we’re at it, care if you let me introduce you to the rest of the casts?”

“Why not?” You finish the vodka in one gulp, just as Suika offers you some of her own. “The more the merrier.”
-
-
With your business with the quartet done you go to find Aya. You still owe her the interview, and you feel more than pumped up for the interview thanks to vigorous alcohol session with Suika. Your steps feel wobbly a bit but you can take care of it, so you make your way towards the tengu reporter, careful of not treading on unsuspecting individuals or falling into the women’s warm lap by accident. Not that you want to care, since most of them are too buy treating themselves with the meal, especially the kimono lady who is just too eager to gobble up the huge chunk of pork. You should have yourself acquainted with her sometimes in the party.

Finally you reach your destination. Aya is waving an empty spot close to her, in which you respond by sitting on it. “Thought you’d forgotten about the interview, captain,” she quips.

You chuckle. “Nonsense. Even in the middle of this festivity there is still room for the self-proclaimed war correspondent to shine, right?”

Aya giggles in a rather flustered manner. “I like that. Oh, let me introduce you to my friends.” Aya gestures you to the trio. “Captain, I want you to meet Momiji, Suwako and Sanae. Guys, this is the captain Ivanov I have told you earlier.”

The three of them nods, and you reply with a quick salute. “Once again, I welcome you to the party. I hope you are enjoying this celebration as much as the rest of the guests do,” you speak.

They nod again, although this Suwako keeps her eyes fixed upon you before she chuckles. “I’m Suwako, a goddess of the Moriya Shrine, and this is my shrine maiden Sanae Kotiya.” She gestures towards the blue-white. “When I first heard about your feat as drill instructor, I immediately recalled a memory of my encounter with a person not too dissimilar to you. I wonder…”

“Uhh… Suwako, can we talk about it later?” Aya clearly sounds disturbed, either by the mention of ‘drill instructor’ or something else. Either way, she quickly shrugs it off and turns her attention at you. “So, captain,” the female reporter says as she playfully nudges you. “Ready for some hot and spicy questions?”

[ ] “Readier than you’ll ever think, comrade. Bring it on.”
[ ] “I believe I have some questions to ask you as well.”
[ ] “Miss Suwako, can I ask you about that hat?”
[ ] Any questions that come to mind.
>>No. 18737
>“When I first heard about your feat as drill instructor, I immediately recalled a memory of my encounter with a person not too dissimilar to you. I wonder…”

I wonder if that guy flew a plane.

[x] “Miss Suwako, can I ask you about that hat?”
[x] “I believe I have some questions to ask you as well.”
- [x] "But I can give as well as I can take, comrade"

Feel free to improve upon this.
>>No. 18738
[x] “Miss Suwako, can I ask you about that hat?”
[x] “Readier than you’ll ever think, comrade. Bring it on.”

Cannot resist the hat.
>>No. 18739
[x] “Miss Suwako, can I ask you about that hat?”
[x] “Readier than you’ll ever think, comrade. Bring it on.”
All hail the hypnohat
>>No. 18740
[x] “Readier than you’ll ever think, comrade. Bring it on.”
-[x] “Miss Suwako, can I ask you about that hat?”

Sure why not?
>>No. 18741
[x] “Readier than you’ll ever think, comrade. Bring it on.”
-[x] “Miss Suwako, can I ask you about that hat?”
>>No. 18742
[x] “Readier than you’ll ever think, comrade. Bring it on.”
[X] “Miss Suwako, can I ask you about that hat?”

Cannot resist the temptation of the hat with eyes.
>>No. 18743
File 126125455153.png - (84.19KB, 500x500, CANT_RESIST.png) [iqdb]
18743
>Cannot resist the hat.
>All hail the hypnohat.
>Cannot resist the temptation of the hat with eyes.

My god the obsession is almost palpable
>>No. 18745
File 126128031595.jpg - (168.39KB, 886x591, 1241860689604.jpg) [iqdb]
18745
>>18743
What kind of monstrosity have I unleashed? ORZ
>>No. 18746
File 126131180727.jpg - (163.66KB, 595x842, 3461e9fc5318c2e8d523fef20ccc8202a3320b65.jpg) [iqdb]
18746
>>18745

Ah it's not your fault really, blame Zun for creating an intriguing... hat for a fun extra boss.
>>No. 18750
[x] “Readier than you’ll ever think, comrade. Bring it on.”

I find myself able to resist the goofy hat.

>>18737
>I wonder if that guy flew a plane.
Alek... ;_;
Unless you mean Snake?
>>No. 18751
>>18750

It's Alek.
>>No. 18755
File 126139579220.jpg - (68.20KB, 311x431, pilot_poster.jpg) [iqdb]
18755
>>18750
>>18751
Alek ;__;

With that said, is there anything that can be done to at least mention him in my next update since Paperboy left us without any resolution about him and/or Suwako in the Ace Combat Gensokyo CYOA?
>>No. 18756
[x] “Readier than you’ll ever think, comrade. Bring it on.”
[X] “Miss Suwako, can I ask you about that hat?”
Praise the hat or be eaten~
>>No. 18759
>>18755

Didn't we mention near the beginning that we were related to him? Just plug in something about Alek being our brother while you're writing.
>>No. 18764
File 126148129885.jpg - (190.10KB, 900x845, 9a1469cb79b2305b1fab09202cb98167.jpg) [iqdb]
18764
>>18759
How could I forget this again? ORZ

Writing update, but don't expect it to be posted anytime soon, what with Christmas holiday coming.
>>No. 18772
File 126158034426.png - (14.84KB, 229x161, 1232222361289.png) [iqdb]
18772
[ ] “Readier than you’ll ever think, comrade. Bring it on.”
[ ] “Miss Suwako, can I ask you about that hat?”


“Interview? Right now? Right here?” You wave to Aya a bottle of vodka you have fetched from Yukari earlier. “Readier than you’ll ever think, comrade. Bring it on.”

“Awesome!” Aya smiles and whips out her notebook. “So, Captain Ivanov, to start our interview…” Before you know it happens, you are bombarded with endless barrage of questions, most of which revolving about your previous war experiences and many encounters with the German invaders. You have to ask yourself whether Aya is trying to tire you out before proceeding with the more personal questions, but for now you decide to go along with the tengu reporter. Occasionally you take a look on the rest of the partygoers, who are now engaged in a game of sort that involves tying a piece of cloth on someone’s waist and yank the cloth to make the person spin; the ‘victim’ in question happens to be the dichromatic umbrella girl, who is unfortunate enough to have a drunken Suika pulling the cloth rather violently.

“Hey, captain.” You don’t hear Aya calling you out as you keep watching the rather fun-looking game, until you feel a poke on your cheek. You turn to the tengu reporter and see her staring at you in curiosity. “That Suika attracting you? I thought you’re only interested in the moon princess.”

“What does that suppose to mean?” you ask.

Aya smirks. “Oh, come on! You’re her guest of honour, and you are her commanding officer! There has got to be something between the two of you, hasn’t it?” You stare at Aya suspiciously due to the question, and the reaction makes her gasp. “Wait! Don’t tell me you haven’t taken the initiative yet?!”

You sigh. “Look, let me get the fact straight: there is absolutely NOTHING out of ordinary between Kaguya and me; if there is anything, it’s just the relationship between a soldier and his commanding officer, and NO: you can’t print that.”

“Aw! Why not! Surely everyone is very interested in knowing more about the princess and her significant other,” Aya adds. “You should know that Kaguya has never been this energetic before, not since she has a man coming into her entire life. And you happen to be the first such man.”

“Meaning?”

“Why, captain! You should take the initiative and get serious with her.” Aya throws you a wink. “Don’t worry about enforcing the relationship. Just ask me; this Aya knows just about every trick in the book! If you can’t find me, just see Momiji here. She has the experience, too.” The wolf girl blushes at the remark, although she is quick to regain her composure.

“Asking nosy tengu reporter for love advice?” Suwako snorts. “That isn’t going to work well, since everyone knows about her unhealthy relationship with people around Gensokyo.” Aya twitches in discomfort at the comment, and tries to re-establish her position. “Don’t forget that you still owe me the article, Aya.”

“Aw, Suwako! Can we just talk about it later?” the flustered Aya says. “I still have to interview the captain here. So please?”

“Either you’re trying to avoid the topic, or you pretend to have forgotten it, but we’ll see.” Leaving the tengu reporter troubled, the goddess turns her attention to you. “By the way, does the name Alek sound familiar?”

You scratch your chin. “Not if can remember, but I do have a brother named Aleksandr, if that’s what you meant. He joined the air force after I got drafted into the army, and that was a couple of months after the liberation of Stalingrad. The last news I received was that he was due to be transferred to Kursk, but I didn’t get to see him.” You sigh. “Pity, because I was closer to him than anyone else in my family.” You stare at Suwako. “Why do you ask?”

The blonde child shrugs. “I don’t know, I was just wondering.”

You chuckle. “Just when I thought I could expect more from the goddess herself.” Suwako puffs in annoyance at the answer. “Well, if he ended up here I’d really like to know if I can see him, though the odds are going to be very low.”

Suwako nods. “I know.”

“Anyway, I’ve been wondering,” you say as you point at her head. “If I can ask you about that hat.”

Silence. None of the group is saying anything, and it seems to you that everyone is staring at you strangely due to the request. Then Suwako laughs. “My hat? Really? Wow! I never thought to have someone asking about it of all things. So what is it going to be, dear Mister Ivanov?” she inquires.

“Nothing. I’m just curious about it,” you answer.

Suwako sighs almost exasperatedly. She was expecting a better answer, as you can notice. She smiles afterwards and takes the hat off her head. “Here you go. Be careful; it’s delicate.” You nod as you take the hat. You inspect it, give it a poke here and there and even check the inner part. You even put it on your head to see if it fits and earn yourself some giggles from the girls (it doesn’t, if only because it’s tailor-suited for Suwako). It’s just a regular hat made of straw, and everything about it looks… normal.

Well, except for the eyes.

You flip the hat around and stare into the eyes. For a while you look deep into the dark-coloured iris but you don’t see anything strange emancipating from the optical sight. Maybe you were hallucinating when you saw the eyes blinking at you, but then you find yourself stumped.

The eyes blink.

Twice.

You are speechless. So it wasn’t your imagination after all. You keep staring into the eyes, which in turn return the gaze, and before you know it both you and the hat in staring competition of sort. You realize that this hat must be a living entity cleverly disguised as a headgear, and what a disguise, too.

“Well?”

You return the hat to its owner. “Thank you very much, Miss Suwako. I think I understand now. Nothing is normal in Gensokyo.” The goddess of the mountain tilts her head sideway, not understanding the last statement, but she takes the hat anyway and puts it back. She looks kind of cute with that hat, and it’s somewhat better that way, being her signature accessory.

“Of course it is!” Aya suddenly bolsters. “You have to get rid of all common senses or you won’t survive this place. Right, Sanae?” The shrine maiden just nods in a rather disturbed manner. “But hey! You still haven’t answered my question yet, captain!”

“What? You expect me to tell it right now?”

“Well, duh! I need something to print out tomorrow, anyway,” Aya says. “Or is it because you are just too shy to admit your feeling towards the princess, hmm?”

This is troublesome. Aya is obviously trying to set you up, and you don’t feel like answering her question about Kaguya, not when you don’t have the mood to answer questions that touch one’s privacy.

[ ] Answer.
- [ ] As honestly as possible?
[ ] Don’t answer.
- [ ] Give a valid reason.
[ ] Avoid the question and change the topic (write-in).
>>No. 18773
Also, forgot to add this: next update will be posted in new thread, so yeah.
>>No. 18774
[x] Don’t answer.
- [x] Give a valid reason.
- [x] I think I already answered your question, comrade Aya. Now, if you want to know the most intimate details of my relationship with all the people in Entei I must say... that's none of your, or your readers, business.
[x] Now, Miss Suwako, if you'd come with me, I'd like to make a toast with everyone. What for? Well, now that you've reminded me of him, I'd like to make a toast... for our families
>>No. 18775
>>18774
I like the first half of this writein, but it needs something else added.
>>No. 18776
[x] Don’t answer.
- [x] Give a valid reason.
- [x] I think I already answered your question, comrade Aya. Now, if you want to know the most intimate details of my relationship with all the people in Entei I must say... that's none of your, or your readers, business.
[x] Now, Miss Suwako, if you'd come with me, I'd like to make a toast with everyone. What for? Well, now that you've reminded me of him, I'd like to make a toast... for our families
>>No. 18777
[x] Don’t answer.
- [x] Give a valid reason.
- [x] I think I already answered your question, comrade Aya. Now, if you want to know the most intimate details of my relationship with all the people in Entei I must say... that's none of your, or your readers, business.
[x] Now, Miss Suwako, if you'd come with me, I'd like to make a toast with everyone. What for? Well, now that you've reminded me of him, I'd like to make a toast... for our families
>>No. 18778
[x] Don’t answer.
- [x] Give a valid reason.
- [x] I think I already answered your question, comrade Aya. Now, if you want to know the most intimate details of my relationship with all the people in Entei I must say... that's none of your, or your readers, business.
[x] Now, Miss Suwako, if you'd come with me, I'd like to make a toast with everyone. What for? Well, now that you've reminded me of him, I'd like to make a toast... for our families.

The captain's sounding kinda tsundere there. (The whole "There's nothing going on at all!) when it's more like nothing going on YET.
>>No. 18779
File 126163045174.jpg - (183.54KB, 510x620, c696a9f7245941a40d640865739fd74d.jpg) [iqdb]
18779
>>18778
Maybe he panicked because he never wanted to be serious in his relationship with Kaguya?

Vote is called. Update will be posted in new thread.
>>No. 18780
>>18779

Of course... too bad things rarely stay that way for long. (Love is a very powerful force, just ask Marisa or anyeone she master sparked)
[Return][Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x