[Return]
Archived Thread
File 124916553010.jpg - (155.54KB, 850x1202, sample-59326f02e567e3bbf6777810506e4f5e.jpg) [iqdb]
17115No. 17115
Skills unlocked:
+ Closed Quarter Combat I

Perks unlocked:
+ Rabbit Shield (deflects all oncoming danmaku. Reduces forward and side movements by 2, and backward movement by 1)

Attachments unlocked:
+ Aperture Sight (increases accuracy of the PPSh-41 by one point)

I'm not sure if the above stats are necessary but I have them included just in case.

[ ] Proceed with caution. There are probably more of them waiting to ambush you at the corner.

Shit.

You realize you’ve just made yourself the centre of attention this morning. If the shooting didn’t alert all forces in the area, the battle cries would have. Your current priority is to proceed with caution, knowing that there are probably more of them waiting at the corners to ambush you.

Holding the rabbit shield close to you (surprisingly despite the heavy barrage it has sustained the shield remains intact) and leaving the downed squad behind you tread the hallway as quietly as you can, keeping your ears on high alert over suspicious noises. The rabbit still doesn’t regain consciousness, which is good because if she does you’ll find yourself immersed in hot water.

You reach the end of the hallway and are now approaching the junction. While there’s no one coming from the right direction you can hear the sound of sliding door being opened from the other. You don’t have any idea of who the person is but whoever it is your best bet is to stay hidden from sight.

[ ] wait until the person has walked past you.
[ ] use the rabbit shield as bait.
>>No. 17126
[X] Wait for them to pass

ambushing 101 here
>>No. 17134
[X] Wait for them to pass
>>No. 17135
[Xx] Wait for them to pass
>>No. 17155
[X] Wait for them to pass
>>No. 17173
[x] FIRE IN THE HOLE!
[x] Toss a grenade into the doorway.
>>No. 17224
File 124942689799.jpg - (139.18KB, 775x800, 1247553209558.jpg) [iqdb]
17224
Sorry for the absence of update. I see if I can have it done by the end of this week. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience.
>>No. 17225
>>17224

I'd detonate a round into her chamber.
>>No. 17241
File 124951757962.jpg - (303.86KB, 640x492, 1242675398646.jpg) [iqdb]
17241
[ ] wait for them to pass.

You stay hidden, the PPSh-41 and the rabbit shield held close to your body. You try your best not to reveal yourselves until you have visual identification. The rabbit stirs in your arms, probably due to the tight embrace you’re applying, before she calms down.

The person appears. It’s Kaguya. And she doesn’t look very good in that sleeping face.

“Who made that noise?” you hear her mumbling. “Can’t get enough sleep after defeating that damned guild…” Alright; she’s complaining over the noise of the CQC, and you can understand the trouble she has faced. Maybe you should apologize to her and explain what you have faced.

Wait a minute. Guild? What is she talking about? Unless she had a dream of fighting a guild war.

“I need to drink some milk and go sleep again…” Kaguya sighs and heads to the kitchen, walking past you as she does. It seems she hasn’t noticed your presence behind the corner but you keep yourself out of her sight just in case. You wait until she’s twenty paces away from you, and with her back exposed you could do just about anything to her.

[ ] ignore her and concentrate on your mission (i.e. heading to the bathroom).
[ ] sneak up at her from behind. Give her a hug tap on her shoulder.
[ ] greet her in the mannerism of a Red Army soldier.
>>No. 17242
[ ] ignore her and concentrate on your mission (i.e. heading to the bathroom).
>>No. 17248
[x] ignore her and concentrate on your mission (i.e. heading to the bathroom).
>>No. 17249
[x] sneak up at her from behind. Give her a hug tap on her shoulder.
>>No. 17250
[O] ignore her and concentrate on your mission (i.e. heading to the bathroom).
>>No. 17252
[X]FUCK IT! WE'LL DO IT LIVE!

[X] ignore her and concentrate on your mission (i.e. heading to the bathroom).
REMEMBER SNAKE, THIS IS A SNEAKING MISSION.
>>No. 17254
[ze] Ignore her and concentrate on your mission (i.e. heading to the bathroom).
>>No. 17261
File 124970479552.png - (331.11KB, 620x716, 1233121287650.png) [iqdb]
17261
[ ] ignore her and concentrate on your mission (i.e. heading to the bathroom).

The urge to sneak up at Kaguya and surprise her with a tap on her shoulder (or possibly a hug) appears. What’s more, she’s very vulnerable in this state and you wonder if she has learned anything about keeping an eye over her back. The longer you stare at Kaguya, the more the urge to execute such physical contact is rising.

You shake your head. You have a mission to accomplish, soldier; let’s ignore her for now. Opening your steps quietly as you can, you sneak out of the cover, careful of not accidentally making the wooden floor creak in the process. You can hear a faint whisper reminding you that this is a sneaking mission. You don’t know whose voice is that, but you don’t pay it much attention. You look over your shoulder to make certain that Kaguya doesn’t notice you; she doesn’t, and that’s a good sign. You leave the princess behind, treading the alley with utmost caution, checking every corner and room you come across for more adversaries.

You reach the end of the road. You look to your right, and there it is. Finally; you have reached your destination. You can already feel the adrenaline rush dying out and replaced by a sense of relief. You’ve gone through some of the most hectic hours in your life, you swear, and you plan to let go off all the stress in a shower of cold water.

You check the bathroom; it’s decent enough to be called one, with the presence of cabinet full of various type of hygienic agents you can’t recognize their origin and curtains hung to conceal the overhead nozzle. There are also beige towels hung on a rail next to the door; the door appears to be lacking a lock. This could lead to nasty encounter.

[ ] Leave the PPSh-41 and the rabbit shield behind to indicate the bathroom is occupied.
[ ] Just shut the door. Like anyone’s going to walk in.
>>No. 17262
>[ ] Leave the PPSh-41 and the rabbit shield behind to indicate the bathroom is occupied.

Never leave your weapon unguarded. Therefore,

[x] Just shut the door. Like anyone’s going to walk in.

If anyone attempts entry, at least you'll have a weapon.
>>No. 17263
[x] Just shut the door. Like anyone’s going to walk in.
>>No. 17268
[x] Just shut the door. Like anyone’s going to walk in.
>>No. 17272
[X] Just shut the door. Like anyone’s going to walk in.
[X] Shower with your Moist Nugget Mosin Nagant

I dunno how the danmaku-parts will hold up to being wet though...
>>No. 17273
[ze] Just shut the door. Like anyone’s going to walk in.
>>No. 17278
File 124986093383.jpg - (144.76KB, 663x939, 87488acf75c2c8b117c5e5f84c38d10f.jpg) [iqdb]
17278
[ ] Just shut the door. Like anyone’s going to walk in.

You shrug. With the skirmishes that took place, you’re certain everyone will be too busy figuring out what had happened to even bother your bathing. Best option viable is to keep the door shut and bring the PPSh-41 in; you can’t afford to leave weapon unguarded especially when someone does decide to barge in. The rabbit stays outside; shield or not she’s still a hindrance to your privacy, if she ever wakes up from her unconsciousness.

You take off your clothes. You put the PPSh-41 within your hand’s reach and turn the tap. You shudder; the sensation of showered by warm water is nothing like dipping your body into the hot spring pool. You stand idle, letting the water run down your body, taking away all the pains and stresses. You appreciate every piece of moment you’re spending inside the bathroom, with the privacy and all; it’s a shame that you really wish you could use the hot spring right now.

You turn your attention to your reflection on the mirror. Upon close examination you can’t help noticing various scars and wounds you have obtained throughout your campaign. Bruises from your melee with German soldiers are also visible, as well as claw marks from that confrontation with the brown bear during the deployment in Siberia. Further down you can see the mark on your waist, courtesy of Yukari’s roundhouse and Marisa’s broom smash; you need to get over your issues with these twos as soon as possible, especially Yukari. That damned Lady of Boundaries doesn’t know who she’s really dealing with.

You disregard the issue and examine some more. There are also bruises you can’t remember where or when you got them, and there’s this burn mark-

Burn mark?

How on earth did you get that? You know for certain you haven’t had any burn-related injury lately. You check the burn mark that stretches across your back, and twitch at the tingling pain it produces. Suddenly the dream sequence flashes before your vision; the burning bamboo forest, the screams of rage, the chaos, the fear, everything. You bang your head against the wall (slightly as not to startle whoever is on the other side of the barrier). It’s starting to get into your nerves, and the pouring water doesn’t even help in cooling off your head.

You sigh. You need to share this horrific experience, and keeping it isn’t going to do any benefit. You wonder of who you should speak to after taking the bath.

[ ] Kaguya.
[ ] Eirin.
[ ] Reisen.
[ ] Tewi.
[ ] Marie.
[ ] Mokou.
[ ] Keine.
[ ] no one. It isn’t the best time to discuss about it.
>>No. 17280
[x] Eirin.
>>No. 17282
[x] Kaguya.
>>No. 17283
[x] Eirin.
>>No. 17285
[x] Kaguya.
>>No. 17286
[x] Eirin.

HELP ME.
>>No. 17287
[X] Eirin.
>>No. 17291
[ ] Tattyana (i dunno how write...)
>>No. 17292
[x] Marie.
>>No. 17293
[X] Yukari

Ahaha.
>>No. 17294
[ze] Eirin.
>>No. 17301
[x] Marie.
>>No. 17330
File 125012037494.jpg - (184.15KB, 480x640, 3323.jpg) [iqdb]
17330
Calling the vote for [x] Eirin. Update will be ready by the end of this week.

Picture not unrelated.
>>No. 17338
>>17330

sauce?
I can't ever get enough of combat meidos.
>>No. 17339
File 125029036810.jpg - (90.92KB, 480x640, 4f41ebbeed4880af292d8f44afdffb3f.jpg) [iqdb]
17339
>>17338
Don't know about the source book, but artist's name is Akimoto Dai (http://fuji.sakura.ne.jp/~dai/).

Anyway, it's going to be a very busy weekend over here, so I think I'll have to postpone the update until I find enough time to do so.
>>No. 17341
Update is in progress. Please wait warmly.
>>No. 17347
File 125045654964.jpg - (49.11KB, 500x650, 607187-eirin_48_super.jpg) [iqdb]
17347
[ ] Eirin.

You ponder for a while. It isn’t usually the best idea to talk to people regarding the dream, but the name Eirin keeps ringing inside your ears. You still need to know more about the pharmacist and another session of conversation with her isn’t going to hurt.

You finish the shower. You reach for the bathrobe and the PPSh-41, surprised to know that it isn’t affected by the shower. You’re about to open the door when you hear commotion outside the bathroom. Instinct tells you to stand back and you do, using the opportunity to listen to the ruckus while keeping your presence hidden.

“Eirin! What’s going on here?!”

“What is it, princess?”

“The rabbits… what happened to the rabbits?!”

“Ah… don’t worry about the rabbits, princess. They’re just doing their duty.”

“But they looked like they’ve come across an intruder. What if someone has broken in?”

“Calm down, please. Who would trouble themselves intruding Eientei at this hour? Besides, your gaming hours have taken its toll by now.”

“I didn’t! For your information, Eirin, I immediately slept after taking my bath last night.”

“Hmm… still in defiance, I see. Maybe I should ask the captain to take you on… jungle trekking. That should keep you busy for time being.”

“Jungle trekking? With Mister Ivanov? Eirin, just what are you trying to imply here?”

A few seconds of silence. Then a giggle. “Why, princess, you said yourself you wanted to become a part of the Red Army. Isn’t that right?

“…Hmph. If you say so.”

The commotion ends; at the same time you can hear multiple footsteps passing by the door before things turn quiet again. You can’t hear any words from Kaguya and Eirin and presume that they have returned to their room. You peek out of the door, ever vigilant to the otherwise ‘hostile’ environment. You cannot be sure if Eientei is really as benign as you want to believe.

Coast is clear. You can safely leave the bathroom.

You step out. The rabbit you have used as shield is gone, but you don’t care of that. You return to your room and notice that the rabbit squad also disappears (which may explain the footsteps you’ve heard). Now it’s just you and your worthy PPSh-41; you tread the alley with the awareness that you may be ambushed, and you’re ready to take them on again.

You stumble across Eirin. You don’t try hiding the PPSh-41 as it’s already obvious to both of you it isn’t worth hiding the submachine gun. You just hold it close to your body and stare at the pharmacist who seems to be returning the gesture with a smile.

“Good morning, Mister Ivanov. I see that you’ve decided to practice the ‘safety first’ mindset.”

You just nod. “Better than nothing, I guess. The rabbits really knew how to execute ambush, though they had forgotten. And how are you doing today?”

“I’m doing fine, thank you very much. I just returned from the kitchen and am going to continue my research on PTSD-” You give Eirin the ‘what the heck does that mean’ kind of look, and she giggles when she realizes what she has said. “It’s a medical term in which someone is exposed to one or more traumatic events that threatened or caused great physical harm. War veterans often suffer from this disorder.”

“I see.”

“Don’t worry about your medical condition, Mister Ivanov. From my observation you don’t look like you have any symptom, so you should be grateful.” She smiles again, although you can’t help questioning its sincerity. “Regardless, you seem to have something to tell me. Isn’t that right, Mister Ivanov?”

Oh that’s right. You do have something to tell Eirin.

[ ] “I had this dream I cannot quite understand its meaning last night. I’m wondering if you can help interpreting it.”
[ ] “Marisa and her puppeteer fellow are coming to discuss over the damage the witch had done to Eientei last night with Miss Kaguya and I. Do you have the time to join us?”
[ ] Others (write-ins, if applicable).
>>No. 17349
[x] “I had this dream I cannot quite understand its meaning last night. I’m wondering if you can help interpreting it.”
>>No. 17350
[x] “I had this dream I cannot quite understand its meaning last night. I’m wondering if you can help interpreting it.”
[x] “Marisa and her puppeteer fellow are coming to discuss over the damage the witch had done to Eientei last night with Miss Kaguya and I. Do you have the time to join us?”

I like both.
>>No. 17351
[O] “I had this dream I cannot quite understand its meaning last night. I’m wondering if you can help interpreting it.”
[O] “Marisa and her puppeteer fellow are coming to discuss over the damage the witch had done to Eientei last night with Miss Kaguya and I. Do you have the time to join us?”

So do I.
>>No. 17352
[O] “I had this dream I cannot quite understand its meaning last night. I’m wondering if you can help interpreting it.”
[O] “Marisa and her puppeteer fellow are coming to discuss over the damage the witch had done to Eientei last night with Miss Kaguya and I. Do you have the time to join us?”
>>No. 17358
File 125055760774.jpg - (54.84KB, 600x741, b5bf50101b09bacd47782ef05c5cbdfc.jpg) [iqdb]
17358
Judging from the votes, we may or may not have a wall of texts in the next update. That is, assuming I can figure out what Eirin's thought on the dream will be.
>>No. 17361
File 125087371318.jpg - (72.67KB, 450x600, 1218148739954.jpg) [iqdb]
17361
THP was down, my broadband died (have to borrow my mom's right now), and everything is very, VERY slow on my side. I feel like want to blow up someone's car right now.

Regardless, here's the update.

-----------------------

[ ] “I had this dream I cannot quite understand its meaning last night. I’m wondering if you can help interpreting it.”
[ ] “Marisa and her puppeteer fellow are coming to discuss over the damage the witch had done to Eientei last night with Miss Kaguya and I. Do you have the time to join us?”


You’re about to speak up when Eirin lifts her hand. “Ah, I believe we have overlooked one very important matter,” she speaks. You don’t get what she’s saying until she points at your bathrobe, at which both of you laugh over this. “You don’t want to look that indecent throughout our conversation, do you?”

“I guess I should have myself dressed up right away,” you answer. “Where should we meet after this?”

“You can find me at my room, but if you haven’t had your breakfast, I don’t see any problem having our conversation at the kitchen,” she nods. “Or the guestroom, whichever suits you.”

“I guess the third option fits the mood better, then.” You excuse yourself and return to your room to dress up. Doing the routine in a breeze has become your second nature of sort, and it certainly helps reminding you that the battlefield awaits no one. You gear up, not forgetting to bring in your amulet for enhanced luck and the PPSh-41 for safety precaution, and you head to the guestroom where Eirin is already seated. You cannot help wondering why there’s a bow on the table but you keep the question later; from the look of it, it reminds you of the bow used by the Golden Horde, though realistically they’re very different in design and shape.

“Have a seat, Mister Ivanov.” You thank the pharmacist and seat across the table; there are pancakes and lemon tea served on it, and your memory flies back to your short meeting with Marie. Now you remember; you have to thank her for the meal later.

“So what is it that you want to discuss with me?” Eirin starts the conversation.

You cough. It takes you a few minutes before you start. “I…” You’re hesitant; at this point you really wish you hadn’t come up with this, but you’re already this far and you cannot possibly turn back. “I had this dream I cannot quite understand its meaning last night.” You frown a bit. The scene reappears again, and it’s somewhat disturbing to see Kaguya and Mokou cutting each other’s throats when they’ve been friendly towards you.

You shrug and press on. “I’m wondering… if you can help interpreting it.”

“Hmm…” Eirin scratches her chin, nodding a few times as she does. “Dream interpretation… it’s been a while since I last did one. Tell me what you have seen.”

“I don’t know where to start, to be honest,” you speak. “But I do know that I returned to my outpost and led my comrades in driving the German invaders out. Things… I thought things would get better for all of us afterwards until I was brought back to the bamboo forest. And it was on fire.”

Eirin raises an eyebrow. “Fire? You mean the whole forest was burning?”

You nod. “I thought it was one of the seasonal forest fires, and I figured I would be able to escape the wildfire, even if it was impossible, but I heard voices-” You pause. “Make it a scream. Outrage. Murder. Hatred. Whatever you want to call it.”

“This dream you’re talking of… it reminds me of a similar incident we’ve faced not so long ago,” Eirin speaks. “Go on. Is there anything else you have seen?”
>>No. 17362
You take a deep breath. “I saw Kaguya and Mokou.” You pause and turn to see Eirin’s face twitches a little. You aren’t sure what she’s thinking, but you continue. “They were fighting. And Mokou… she was shouting at Kaguya as if she… hated her or something.” You sigh. “I wish it was a dream, but then again.” You turn around and pull the uniform as to show Eirin the burnt mark. “How would that explain this mark? Unless it’s the side-effect from experiencing the dream, I wouldn’t know.”

“Third-degree burn. It’s bizarre that you could obtain this injury in the dream,” Eirin speaks. “It might be a psychological side-effect as you have said, but it looks extremely physical. You will have to let me examine it.”

“I appreciate the concern, Miss Eirin, but there was more.” You press on. “After I got burned to death - and came back to life, I was visited by a stranger who told me I had been burned by an immortal flame. This person (you’re careful not to reveal Yukari as the culprit) also told me about white and its symbolism as death.”

“It must be her doing again,” Eirin speaks in low voice, although you can still hear hints of it. “No other person has the capability of inducing a lucid dream into someone’s mind.” Wait; is she talking about Yukari? How does she know the enigmatic mistress of boundaries?

“I wasn’t concerned of preparing to die,” you speak, not allowing yourself to be let down by Yukari’s name. “Hell, if the Motherland wants me to sacrifice my blood and soul for her sake, I wholeheartedly will.” You take another deep breath. “It’s them I’m more worried of. I mean… they’ve been friendly towards me for the past few days and…”

Eirin says nothing. It seems to you that she is troubled by the dream as you can notice. “Mister Ivanov, there is an unspoken rule in Eientei regarding the princess and her… rival.” She sips the tea and takes a deep, almost melancholic breath. “It applies to me, her guardian as well, because as much as I have vowed to serve and protect her when it comes to their feud… well, let’s just say that it’s best not to meddle in with someone’s personal affair.”

“How long have Kaguya and Mokou been… in conflict?”

“Hmm…” Again she scratches her chin. “I suppose you’ll be the first person to hear the princess’ background. And do take note that this is from my point of view as her guardian and her friend.”

You nod. “Please do. If I have to learn anything, I will.”

And so it begins, as Eirin begins her lecture on the history of the moon and the Lunarian people, how they were connected to the Earth in one way or another. She also pointed to the rivalry between Kaguya and Mokou that spewed from Mokou’s hatred towards the princess after she humiliated Mokou’s father by making an impossible request, and how it has persevered for more than a millennium thanks to them consuming the Hourai Elixir and granted immortality. The lecture is temporarily disrupted as Marie returns to serve more pancakes and tea, and Eirin simply tells the servant that both of you are having discussion on medical treatment and assures her there is nothing to worry.

“Don’t forget to tell Lady Eirin about your bad posture,” Marie reminds with a wink. “I’m sure she has the remedy for it.”

Eirin turns to you after Marie leaves. “Bad posture, hmm?”
>>No. 17363
“Can’t help it,” you shrug and outstretch your arms. “I could use some massage to relieve my sore body, actually.”

She chuckles. “I understand. Now where were we? Ah, yes.” She sips another cup of tea. “The princess and I have been hiding from the Moon ever since the escape and here on Earth, it was Gensokyo where we could live in peace. It was also here that we were introduced to Reisen, who had to escape the frontline.” She pauses as to fill the empty cup with tea. “The Lunarians have been at war with the human ever since the invasion of the moon forty years ago, though I have hardly heard any news about it nowadays.”

You frown. You can imagine Reisen being forced to leave her fellows in the middle of a heated battle, and how she has been blaming herself for fleeing the battlefield since then. You relate that to your situation; in one way or another both you and Reisen are in the same vessel. A little soldier, lost in a strange land, forced to desert your comrades and abandon all hopes.

Eirin’s voice becomes stern as she continues: “there is nothing to gain from war, Mister Ivanov, despite what those politicians and advocates want us to believe. It doesn’t matter who provokes the war, why it starts or how it ends; so long as there are men there will be war.” You almost want to protest but decide to keep quiet when she gazes at you. “Please don’t get me wrong. I respect your belief, but you will have to accept the harsh reality of war whether you like it or not.”

“There is no honourable way to kill, no gentle way to destroy. There is nothing good in war. Except its ending,” you recall a quote your late father had taught you.

Eirin smiles when she hears the quote. “Well, that was a long time ago. We’ve been enjoying our life here. Gensokyo makes everyone easy-going and peaceful, if you want to know. It was just that one night when emissaries of the moon told Reisen to return.”

This is getting interesting. “What did you do back then?” you ask.

“I thought the best way to keep the emissaries out of our affair was to remove the full moon and replace it with a fake moon that would never be full.” She chuckles afterwards. “Of course it backfired because we had gravely underestimated the power of Gensokyo’s natives, especially those who rely on the moon as their source of power.”

“Needless to say,” Eirin speaks as the lecture reaches its ending. “Ever since the incident we have come out of the hiding and are now living freely. We no longer have to fear the Lunarians nor do we have to care about the Moon War. All that matters that Gensokyo is our home.”

The lengthy talk finally ends. You take time to digest the knowledge fully, sighing deeply as you begin to realize its impact. Two fellows who have lived longer than anything else, constantly at odds over their past, Lunarians and the human invasion of the moon, the fake moon, pretty much everything. You no longer want to regard everything at Eientei (or Gensokyo in general) as strange, for the better or the worse. It already defies logic (what’s with automated dolls that not only absorbed your shots but also gave you a salute?) and you know sooner or later you will have to discard your common sense if you’re to live here normally.

And yet one question remains. “What must I do? Where is my position regarding this issue?”
>>No. 17364
File 125087535860.jpg - (228.09KB, 700x700, 1218147432430.jpg) [iqdb]
17364
Eirin grins. “Mister Ivanov, would you rather let someone interfere with your personal life, especially when it’s an unpleasant one? I’m sure the princess will be thinking the same,” she points out. “Don’t worry. They can’t destroy each other completely, and they never will. They will experience endless pain, though, and it’s the price they have to pay for their immortality.”

You sulk. At this point, you really wish you could do something. Or anything to prove that you can contribute to Kaguya whenever possible. You sigh. “What’s the use of a soldier’s skill if he can’t hone it to perfection?”

“Well, your comrades still need to complete their training, right?” Eirin points out. “You don’t have to go into the battlefield just to polish your skill, Mister Ivanov. If anything, Gensokyo is already a battlefield; you just have to expect the unexpected.”

You grin like a fool. Of course, you almost have forgotten you still need to teach combat Sambo techniques to others, and help Reisen to sharpen her skill. You still owe the three of them the obstacle course and already your competition spirit flares up. You have to channel it properly before it affects you.

“With that settled.” Eirin puts the empty cup aside, and you do the same with the empty plate. “Is there anything else you’d like me to know?”

“Right.” You finish the last drop of the lemon tea; you slightly burp and have to excuse yourself for the manner. “Marisa and her puppeteer fellow are coming over, and if you still remember, it’s regarding the damage the witch had done to Eientei.” Eirin smiles; it’s as if she’s been expecting you to tell her that. “Do you have the time to join us?”

“Why, yes, I have a lot of time to spend today,” the pharmacist replies. “As a matter of fact, I have an appointment with Alice regarding her medicine dosage.”

“Excuse me?”

Eirin chuckles. “It’s nothing; just the usual ‘meet-your-doctor-weekly’ routine. Have you talked to the princess about this issue?”

“We have, and she has agreed,” you answer. “I’m not a good mediator, that’s why I’m asking you.”

“I see if I can provide any help, though judging from Marisa’s eccentric nature it’s unlikely that the discussion will go smoothly,” she speaks. “By the way, Mister Ivanov.”

“What is it?”

Eirin glances to the outward-facing sliding door. “Stay still and do nothing. I believe we have an uninvited guest in this house.” You almost ask when you notice a shadow at the corner of your eye. Is it you, or is the shadow of sort is sneaking behind the opaque paper barrier?

[ ] do whatever Eirin tells you.
[ ] ask who this uninvited guest is.

------------

Well, at least the downtime helped me in focusing on this update, though I can't help wondering if I've pulled the strings right on this one.
>>No. 17368
[O] Do whatever Eirin tells you.
>>No. 17369
[x] Do whatever Eirin tells you.
>>No. 17370
File 125199710675.jpg - (89.57KB, 400x400, d9f3866aef53681c1e70a5f80701cc1c.jpg) [iqdb]
17370
Ah, yes. Finally the waiting is over. Thanks for bringing this site back online, HY & Teruyo and Kapow. I don't know what would have happened had the problem not been fixed.

With that said, I'm working on the update as we speak. Have a sleepy Keine.
>>No. 17373
[ze] Do whatever Eirin tells you.
>>No. 17375
File 125200255845.jpg - (142.64KB, 600x664, 1230413630651.jpg) [iqdb]
17375
[ ] do whatever Eirin tells you.

You have no idea of who the culprit or what its intention is, but it’s best that you do whatever Eirin has told you. You stay still and watch as the pharmacist reaches for the bow and stretches its string to its limit before aiming the arrow at the shadow. The arrow is released, barely grazing your hair by an inch, and zooms past the shadow. You can hear a shocked “Kyah!” followed by a thud; the person must have fallen onto the floor and you bet she’s rubbing her sore butt right now.

“That should teach her never to eavesdrop on us.” Eirin gestures at the arriving guards to open the door. You turn around as the door’s opened, and you’re in for a surprise. It’s a girl wearing black short skirt and white blouse with flowery decorations imprinted (or is it stitched) upon it. There is also what seems to be a miniature version of the Egyptian fez. What catches your interest, however, is a maple leaf-shaped fan held in her left hand and a camera in her right.

A camera? Who is this girl? War correspondent or something?

“Well, well. If it isn’t the nosy tengu reporter,” she sneers.

The said person giggles silly. “Sorry for barging in, but I can’t really help it, especially when it’s about this fellow.” She points the fan at your face. “Imagine this! Soldier from the Outside World Knocked the Black-White Out With No Danmaku! This has to be the greatest scoop I’ve come across!” she exclaims.

“Wait.” You frown. “You were watching us?”

“How could I ignore something as blatantly obvious as marching rabbits?” she boasts again. That doesn’t sound good; you had expected the mission to go unnoticed. “And in the middle of the night, too, when youkais are most active? Certainly, this man has something that is worth interviewing!”

“How did you figure that he’s an outsider, Aya?” Eirin questions.

“Duh! Isn’t it obvious?” She sits next to you, moving in so close her presence starts bothering you. “Someone who wears weird-looking uniform and carries non-danmaku weaponry ought to originate from the outside world, but enough saying!” Aya snickers as she turns towards you. “So how about an interview or two, mister…”

You interrupt her. “Who in the name of Motherland are you?”

She laughs. “Ah! How could I have forgotten? Silly me for this over-enthusiasm.” You guess she must have forgotten her manners. “Aya Syameimaru, owner and chief editor of Bunbunmaru Newspaper.” She salutes but the lack of response from your side makes her fume. “Hey, where’s the returning salute? I expect something extraordinary from a soldier like you?”

“There is nothing special regarding this strange zaichata, Miss Aya. It’s just that-” You pause when you see Eirin nodding at you. “Oh well. I guess it cannot be helped.” You correct your posture and return the salute as to please the journalist. “Captain Yuri Ivanov, Third Guards Rifle Division, Soviet Red Army,” you begin. “I have fought in Moscow, Stalingrad, Kiev and Kurland before transferred to Kursk. I have been stationed in the far-east coast prior to that and trained in the Siberian wilderness in preparations for the invasion of the Imperial Japanese armed force.”

“Strange zaichata?” Aya asks.

“It’s a moniker, so to speak.” You turn to Eirin afterwards. “I just hope we’re doing the right thing here.”

Eirin chuckles. “Just play along, Mister Ivanov.”

You sulk. “I doubt that’s a good suggestion, Miss Eirin.”

“Oooo… interesting…” Aya scribbles something in the notepad and you can hear her mumbling ‘Soviet Union’ and ‘Eientei’ although her voice is too soft to be heard properly. You’re amazed by the amount of dedication she’s displaying although you have to question her reason of peeping on the conversation.

Aya lifts her head a few seconds later, the same grin returning on her face. “So, Captain Ivanov, how about an interview for this week’s Bunbunmaru Special Edition?”

[ ] accept.
[ ] decline.
>>No. 17377
>>17370

My thoughts exactly. Many thanks to all involved bringing THP back.

[x] accept.
>>No. 17379
[x] accept.
[x] Serious business.
>>No. 17380
[JE] Accept BUT under one condition: Miss Syameimaru must participate in the mandatory "Volunteer Training Camp" before an interview will be given.
>>No. 17381
[X] Accept BUT under one condition: Miss Syameimaru must participate in the mandatory "Volunteer Training Camp" before an interview will be given.
>>No. 17382
[X] Accept BUT under one condition: Miss Syameimaru must participate in the mandatory "Volunteer Training Camp" before an interview will be given.
>>No. 17383
>>17377 here

Adjusting vote to:

[X] Accept BUT under one condition: Miss Syameimaru must participate in the mandatory "Volunteer Training Camp" before an interview will be given.
>>No. 17384
File 125201262456.jpg - (106.48KB, 780x381, bc330c99bb5905a268fcd8cd668427bd.jpg) [iqdb]
17384
Well, the vote has been called. I'll have the update ready by this weekend, so please wait warmly.
>>No. 17388
>Syameimaru
...ATA, you make me sad.

>>17380
And you. You just sicken me.
>>No. 17390
File 125211052249.png - (469.46KB, 571x853, 1252039103227.png) [iqdb]
17390
>>17388

(ಠ_ಠ)

No, seriously, I don't find anything wrong with spelling the name unless it's a crime in the communiy. Sigh, and I can't really do update this weekend due to tight schedule, but I try to.

Also, I have this Little Soldier Lost-esque ideas to write down but I'm not sure if I should considering I still have this CYOA to concentrate. Should I lay it down here or create separate thread for it? Further discussions after I'm done with my morning shift today.

Have a Captain Murasa for all the troubles.
>>No. 17391
>>17390

Stick it in here.
>>No. 17393
>>17390
That's probably the best picture of Murasa I've seen, yet.

And yeah, post your ideas in this thread.
>>No. 17425
File 125215811156.jpg - (158.94KB, 750x742, 1252060862985.jpg) [iqdb]
17425
>>17391
>>17393
Well, it's not really a major idea apart from being a side-story that may have connection to the current storyline. I haven't figured how the story will be (something about a certain war machine getting "gapped away" to Gensokyo and gaining spiritual body due to the transfer). At this moment Komachi and/or Letty is the Touhou girl who have role in the story.

Update is being written, so have another Captain Murasa.
>>No. 17430
>>17425
Like the Shagohod or the P. 1000? Or something else entirely?

Hell, whatever you're thinking of is probably going to be one hell of an awesome character regardless.
>>No. 17450
File 125219280850.jpg - (128.48KB, 565x800, panzer1.jpg) [iqdb]
17450
>>17425
Tiger Tank Touhous? I like
>>No. 17458
File 125220466685.jpg - (176.20KB, 1024x768, 6f7e431aa3ffe40a8dc1b849da2f466f.jpg) [iqdb]
17458
>>17450
Awesome, lovely and full of inspiration. *saves*

Just checking around before going to work in one hour's time. For everyone's information, I have started the side-story, though it's going to take a while before I can have it posted. Should I do it in the usual YWUiG format (complete with vote) or should I just write it normally?

Sage for not actually posting update.
>>No. 17459
Write it normally.
>>No. 17485
File 125227067935.jpg - (25.20KB, 404x277, 1232222588508.jpg) [iqdb]
17485
[ ] Accept BUT under one condition: Miss Shameimaru must participate in the mandatory “Volunteer Training Camp” before an interview will be given.

You ponder for a while. On one hand, you being a person who doesn’t fancy getting interviewed isn’t quite prepared for such occasion and would have said ‘no’ to the offer. On the other, this may just be the best opportunity to chronicle, for the less impressive usage of word, your experience as a Red Army soldier; the only slight problem you may have to face is ‘who’s going to read the article in the first place?’

You see Aya getting restless. “Well?” she asks; the pen ready to jot down each word you speak. “What will your answer be, captain?”

“I hate to disappoint you, Miss Shameimaru, but I’m not quite ready for the interview. Now, please excuse me for a while I get my troops ready.” You stand up, grab the PPSh-41 and head towards the door but Aya stops you before you can leave.

“What about the interview?” she asks.

You sigh. “I didn’t say we’re going to have an interview, did I?”

“Hey! If you don’t, what am I going to print in the newspaper? And I can’t leave Eientei until I have something to write about!” she interjects.

You stay idle. This woman, she really is very eager for information. You ponder; what are you going to do about her? Then, as if it senses your distress, the right side of your brain suggests that you spice things up firsthand.

You turn around. “I accept.” At that instant Aya’s grin reaches both ends of her ears. Jeez, she’s all too eager for scoop hunting isn’t she? “However there is one condition you must accept.”

Eirin grins. “I think I know where this will be headed to.”

You point straight at the tengu reporter’s face. “You, Aya Shameimaru, must agree to participate in the mandatory “Volunteer Training Camp”. Refusing to accept this will deny you all interview materials, and subsequently, any chance of interviewing this soldier in the future.”

Aya’s eyes widened. “What? What kind of condition is that?” she barks.

You wag a finger at her. “Why, Miss Shameimaru, you were expecting this task to be as easy as eating a cake, weren’t you? I’m afraid you have to exert some efforts to achieve that.” You stand firm and point at her face again. “Like I had spoken to my comrades before, there will be no racial bigotry in this place! I don’t give it a damn if you’re a tengu or a ghost or a kappa! Once you’re in the Red Army, you are expected to behave like one! Do you hear me?”

She sulks. You bat an eyebrow over the reaction. This is getting more interesting. “Oh? Already surrendering before the war cry is even shouted? I am mildly disappointed with the lack of spirit you’re showing me.” You pause, savouring the moment to admire that pouting face. You can see Eirin chuckling in silence over the performance as well.

You press on. “Reisen has dedicated her life into training herself to make her more useful to the Eientei. Do you hear her complaining over the training? Do you hear her whining over the constant abuse she has to endure?” She still stays nothing and seeing the reaction disappoints you even more. “Whatever. I’ll just leave you with your hedonism and train my soldiers myself.”

“Wait. Wait!” You halt. “I don’t get this Volunteer Training Camp thing. Just what the heck is it anyway?”

“Shouldn’t it be obvious?” Eirin says. “Captain Ivanov here is currently recruiting people into his regiment. So far he has Kaguya, Udonge and Tewi recruited and he’s looking for more… fresh meats for the lack of better term.”

“Really now? He should have told me about that! I can put up recruitment poster in my newspapers!” Aya exclaims. “And it will be one full page to boot, too!”

“That isn’t going to be easy, however,” Eirin continues. “You see, the captain is the kind of man who prefers… eye-to-eye interaction, if you know what I’m talking about. He’d rather approach people than to distribute flyers.”

“Comrade Aya!” you suddenly yell, making her jump off her feet. “Why are you still wasting your time indulging in this temporary comfort? The battlefield awaits no one and I expect you to get ready for it! Get your ass off the floor!”

“No, Captain! I mean- what am I supposed to do?”

“Why, we’ll put you into vigorous training regimes until your body’s broken to the point we can no longer restore it to battle-ready condition.” Alright, that’s an outright sarcasm but who gives it a damn? “Do you have any problem, soldier?”

“No, sir!”

“I can’t hear you, maggot! Do you HAVE any problem, soldier?”

“NO, SIR!!”

“Hey, people! What’s up?” You turn around and couldn’t help grinning when you see Tewi standing at the door. “Oh, good morning Captain. Thought I heard you shouting Aya’s name so I went to check it out. What’s going on here?”

“Good timing, Comrade Tewi,” you answer. “I’ve been thinking of… giving this Comrade Aya special training session but I cannot do so without assistance. Can you have her prepared for the boot camp?”

“Just leave it to me, Captain!” Tewi salutes and points at Aya. “You heard the man. Move! We’ve got a fortress to defend!” Reluctantly Aya complies and she follows Tewi to whenever you can only guess within the confinement of Eientei.

You turn to Eirin afterwards. “Recruitment? I didn’t expect to hear that from you.”

She smiles. “It’s the least I can do to help.” She stands up and, after leaving the cleaning to the rabbits, approaches you. “What are you going to do after this? Surely you still have the obstacle course run to perform, right?”

[ ] have the rest of the soldiers gathered at the obstacle course.
[ ] train Aya right now. And personally.
[ ] get ready for the meeting with Marisa and Alice.

--------

Brain dead tired. Commencing immediate shutdown. Will return to writing in a couple of days.
>>No. 17486
[ ] have the rest of the soldiers gathered at the obstacle course.
>>No. 17489
[x] have the rest of the soldiers gathered at the obstacle course.
>>No. 17491
[x] have the rest of the soldiers gathered at the obstacle course.
>>No. 17495
[O] Have the rest of the soldiers gathered at the obstacle course.
>>No. 17499
[x] have the rest of the soldiers gathered at the obstacle course.
>>No. 17510
[ ] have the rest of the soldiers gathered at the obstacle course.

Hopefully we will also show the superiority of Soviet displicine to Marisa and Alice too.
>>No. 17512
[x] have the rest of the soldiers gathered at the obstacle course.
>>No. 17518
>>17485
Can't help but feel Eirin is still pulling the strings.

Then again, this is Eientei, and she sort of does run the place.
>>No. 17523
File 125244319884.jpg - (27.37KB, 400x265, 1250557982812.jpg) [iqdb]
17523
Working on the actual update as we speak. Also, I may have the side story written in chapters, but hopefully I don't have to write too many chapters.
>>No. 17536
File 125250707897.png - (294.81KB, 750x800, e7493148c630a0833fc7c4444a77a173.png) [iqdb]
17536
Due to unavoidable problems, I may have to post update by the end of tomorrow. My apologies for all the inconvenience.

Have a gunslinger Chen.
>>No. 17542
File 125254637240.jpg - (25.40KB, 350x350, 1189332033692.jpg) [iqdb]
17542
[ ] have the rest of the soldiers gathered at the obstacle course.

You shrug. “Right. I need to have the rest of the soldiers gathered; I’ve forgotten that they still need to go through another training,” you say. “You don’t happen to have a megaphone or anything similar, do you?”

Eirin nods. “Why, yes I do. Just go to my room; the megaphone should be easy to find there.”

“Thanks, but isn’t it kind of… intrusive to your privacy?” you ask.

She chuckles. “Don’t be silly; you’re free to move around in this place. Just make sure you don’t touch anything else while you’re inside there,” she reminds. “And have fun tormenting the recruits. I’ll be watching from sideline.”

You nod and leave Eirin behind, heading to her room with the immediate intention of getting the gadget. As you’re approaching the destination a cheerful voice prompts you to turn around, and at once your neck is seized in a tight embrace as Tatyana hurls at you in a tackling manoeuvre that almost makes you fall onto the floor. “A very good morning, Master Ivanov!” she greets.

“Morning, Tatyana,” you reply lazily.

“Where are you headed to right now?” the girl asks, rubbing her face against yours at the same time. “Mmm… smells nice… wonder what you’ve used…”

You sigh. Not the best time to act affectionate, Tatyana. Not the best time. “Need to gather the trainees for training session this morning,” you say and pull her off your body, holding her by the collar almost effortlessly. “And you. I thought you’re still sleeping at this hour.”

“I was, until I heard noises outside the room,” she said and made various sounds with her mouth, which you’re certain, is an attempt of mimicking gunfire and exploding ordnance. “And I couldn’t get proper sleep, too! I mean, how was I supposed to have nice dream when I kept hearing screams?” She stares at your face. “Do you know what happened?”

You shrug. “How should I know? I was too busy having my shower to even care, but whatever.” You put Tatyana down, and she looks up at you expectantly after she makes an almost-perfect landing. “Good thing you’re here. I was thinking of looking for someone to help.”

“Oh! Let me help! Let me help!” She stands up in an instant and flails her arms around, as if she’s excited to offer you her assistance. “I’m sure there’s something nice to be found, right? Right?”

You have to laugh over her enthusiasm. “Calm yourself. There’s no need to get overexcited.” She makes one of those silly giggles that only add up to her charm, and apologizes for her lack of manners. “So are you willing to assist me in the name of the Motherland?”

Tatyana throws you a salute. “I shall not disappoint you, sir!”

You and Tatyana head to Eirin’s room located at the opposite end of the first junction you had walked past. You enter the room, switch on the light and are amazed by what you’re seeing. “That’s a lot of books to be had here.”

“Oh, ho… so this is how the doctor’s room looks like,” Tatyana coos.

“Careful. You don’t want to be at the receiving end of Miss Eirin’s wrath because of our neglect.”

She nods. “Well… what are we supposed to look for, Master?” Tatyana pauses for a moment, and you can tell from her facial expression that she isn’t content with the suffix. It doesn’t take long before she smiles. “I mean, Captain?”

“There’s this thing we at the outside world call the megaphone…” And so you begin the tedious and detailed explanation of the device, its function, how it’s used in the battlefield to propagate motivation to the fighting soldiers and its effectiveness in delivering inspirational speeches. Tatyana nods, making hand gestures to construct imaginary picture of the tool to help with the search.

“Oh… so it’s something that makes your voices go loud, right?” You nod. “That’s so easy! I think I’ll be able to find it!”

“I’m surprised you’re able to grasp the knowledge at this speed, but enough saying,” you say. “Miss Eirin doesn’t want to see us loitering in her room for too long so we better do the search fast and efficient. Got it?” Tatyana nods. “Good. Let’s split up; give me a shout-out when you find it.”

“Just leave it to me, Captain!”

You separate. Tatyana heads to one side of the room while you go to where the bookshelves are. You use the opportunity to examine the reading materials: most of the books are, for the lack of better term, boring, with subjects related to medical and psychological studies that aren’t your field of specialty. It doesn’t help you, either, that most of the titles are written in languages you cannot apprehend, and seeing the words alone is enough to make your head throb.

You approach the desk. The megaphone isn’t there; it may be hidden somewhere in the room. At this point can’t help getting curious as of why Eirin would need such tool. Perhaps it’s for rallying up the rabbits, or it may be for collection purpose. Regardless, you know you have to search every inch of the room for the megaphone, and the sooner you find it the sooner you can gather the soldiers and begin the training.

You turn around and are about to join Tatyana when your eyes catch something on the desk. Three books piled on top of each other, and a photograph on the topmost book. The temptation to examine the items is rising, but you have to refrain yourself from committing such act. Remember Eirin’s advice (or was it warning?) not to touch anything else? Yeah, you better not invoke her anger if you accidentally break something.

[ ] leave them undisturbed. We can always ask Eirin about the books and the photograph later.
[ ] those items. They are calling for you to examine.

If Option No.2 is chosen:
[ ] check the photograph.
[ ] check the books (feel free to write in any title).
>>No. 17545
[ ] leave them undisturbed. We can always ask Eirin about the books and the photograph later.
>>No. 17547
[x] leave them undisturbed. We can always ask Eirin about the books and the photograph later.

He was concerned about disrupting her privacy, and we should maintain that.
>>No. 17549
[x] leave them undisturbed. We can always ask Eirin about the books and the photograph later.
>>No. 17550
[x] Leave them undisturbed. We can always ask Eirin about the books and the photograph later.
>>No. 17552
[ ] those items. They are calling for you to examine.
[ ] check the books (feel free to write in any title).

German Panzer Tactics in World War 2
>>No. 17553
[O] Leave them undisturbed. We can always ask Eirin about the books and the photograph later.
>>No. 17558
File 125261502687.jpg - (497.82KB, 1200x1460, ef8398d746186bbae61f6761d13bc306.jpg) [iqdb]
17558
Leave them undisturbed wins, then. Update is expected to be posted by this weekend, so please wait warmly.
>>No. 17576
File 125276595317.jpg - (141.97KB, 850x637, sample-edb9df68198c845c6d8e2416cd548877.jpg) [iqdb]
17576
[ ] leave them undisturbed. We can ask Eirin about the books and the photograph later.

The urge to examine the items is rising, and you can hear your inner voice whispering into your ear to approach the desk and peek at them. It’s as if there is an invisible force lurking beneath the desk, enticing you to ditch the megaphone and take the books and the photograph instead.

The items. They are calling for you to investigate.

“Captain!” You turn to Tatyana. It seems she has found the megaphone and she’s holding it firmly in her arms. You sigh in relief; had she not stepped in you would have taken possession of the items and possibly getting reprimanded by Eirin. You will be lucky if she only gives you a warning, but God knows what’s inside her head.

“Captain?”

“Right.” You approach Tatyana and take the megaphone. “Thanks for finding this. Want to see people reacting to the roll call?”

“Why, sure!”

You leave the desk (along with the books and the photograph) behind and walk out of the room with Tatyana tagging you. You remind yourself to ask Eirin about those items in the future - that is, if you ever have the chance to tell her what you have found. You immediately head to the courtyard and stand not far from the main gate; the guards stationed there can be heard giggling over the sight before them but you pay them no attention and focus on getting the soldiers rallied up.

You fiddle with the megaphone. At first you consider shouting into it, until a better idea kicks in. You examine it a bit and find a switch marked ‘siren’. You don’t even think twice and press the switch; at once a blaring roar spews out of the tool and echoes across the bamboo forest and it’s so loud Tatyana and the guards are forced to cover their ears. You stand still and watch in intrigue as the households rush out to the courtyard and assemble in haste.

“What the hell’s going on?” a shocked Kaguya asks. “I thought there’s going to be an air raid or something!” Standing next to Kaguya are Reisen, Tewi and, to your delight, Aya who has been fully redressed in proper military gear (if this is Tewi’s doing you have to compliment her afterwards). With the exception of Tewi none of them looks please with the outcome and stare at you in utmost intrigue.

“Uhh… captain?” Reisen asks.

You cough. “That, comrades, is why you should always be prepared for any outcome! Nobody is going to wait for you in the battlefield!” You smile a bit. “I will forgive you for the lack of awareness but ONLY for today. The next time I see you slacking off again I will not hesitate to penalize the entire company.” You chuckle: by entire company you refer to yourself, Kaguya, Reisen, Tewi and Aya (it’s obvious that they’re the only one who respond to the siren).

“Captain, are we supposed to train in this dress?” Reisen asks.

You look at them. You shake your head in amusements. “Alright, comrades. I give you five minutes to gear up,” you answer. “And do not slack off after that. I did promise you to continue our barehanded combat training, didn’t I?”

“Awesome! I can’t wait to learn that scissor takedown!” Tewi exclaims.

They leave, except for Aya who is later left standing at the middle of the courtyard. You stare at her, and she returns the eye contact before she has to stoop her head. It seems to you that she doesn’t expect to be in this situation, and seeing her uneasiness reminds you of the obligation you have to train her accordingly.

“Have you never gone through this before, Comrade Aya?”

Aya lifts her head, the flame of pride burning inside her eyes as you can see. “Me? Are you kidding me?” she bolsters. “We tengus have gone through trainings more intense than this in our entire life! You have yet to see how capable we are of!”

Hearing this only makes you grin wider. “Really, now? I’d like to see how capable you are. So tell me, Comrade Aya, are you ready to take on this training from hell?”

Aya chuckles. You bat an eyebrow; it seems to you she’s starting to take your words too lightly. “I bet you never heard of anything about Tengus, dear captain,” she replies with a sly grin. “Why don’t you come over at our place and join our training regime? Maybe you can decide whether ours or yours is the real training of hell after that.”

Your response?

[ ] “Is that a dare, Comrade Aya? Soldiers of the Red Army are not to be underestimated, mind you.”
[ ] “You better choose your words carefully, Comrade Aya. Just because you’re a woman doesn’t mean I will go easy on you.”
[ ] “Why, Comrade Aya, this adventurous soul is always hungry for new challenge! Take me to the training ground right away so I can satisfy this desire!”
[ ] others (write-in, if possible).

And there you go; the weekend update as I had promised. After this I will put my effort on updating the side-story, so please wait warmly.
>>No. 17578
[x] “Why, Comrade Aya, this adventurous soul is always hungry for new challenge! Sounds like a good plan for a later day. I'll expect great things from you, Comrade Aya."

I'd figured he'd be up for it, but didn't want to delay the close combat training any longer. And I'd figure he might cut Aya less slack than usual due to her words.
>>No. 17579
[x] “Why, Comrade Aya, this adventurous soul is always hungry for new challenge! Sounds like a good plan for a later day. I'll expect great things from you, Comrade Aya."
>>No. 17581
[x] “Why, Comrade Aya, this adventurous soul is always hungry for new challenge! Sounds like a good plan for a later day. I'll expect great things from you, Comrade Aya."
>>No. 17582
[x] “Why, Comrade Aya, this adventurous soul is always hungry for new challenge! Sounds like a good plan for a later day. I'll expect great things from you, Comrade Aya."
>>No. 17584
[X] “Are you sure, Comrade Aya? Soldiers of the Red Army are not to be underestimated, mind you.”
>>No. 17585
[0] “Why, Comrade Aya, this adventurous soul is always hungry for new challenge! Sounds like a good plan for a later day. I'll expect great things from you, Comrade Aya."
>>No. 17598
[x] “Why, Comrade Aya, this adventurous soul is always hungry for new challenge! Sounds like a good plan for a later day. I'll expect great things from you, Comrade Aya."
>>No. 17605
[x] “Is that a dare, Comrade Aya? Soldiers of the Red Army are not to be underestimated, mind you.”
[x] If she's so confident in herself, why not start her out with something a little more advanced? It would be an insult to her pride to take her skills lightly. Surely, she wouldn't mind going through the toughest possible course you could give her - one that even you deem a worthy exercise.
[x] In fact, you'll join her as a warm up. You've been slacking far too much recently. Don't want to end up fat and lazy, you know?
>>No. 17608
File 125286978656.jpg - (97.62KB, 450x600, 8848444.jpg) [iqdb]
17608
>>17578
>>17584
>>17605
I see if I can find a way to combine these threes in the next update, assuming I don't get distracted by tight schedule as usual. Now I just need to figure out how to actually write them down.

>but didn't want to delay the close combat training any longer.
Yeah, I'm aware of that, too.

>You've been slacking far too much recently.
Since when?
>>No. 17609
>>17608
Yeah the captain never had a real chance to slack off really; and it's only been 1-2 days in Gensokyo for him. And he hasn't really let himself gone soft in that time, though he has taken his fair share of attacks.
>>No. 17610
>>17609

That he took down a boar down himself shows that he is definitely not soft.
>>No. 17611
>>17610

And Yukari can still kick his ass without even trying.

We must make him:
Bigger.
Faster.
Stronger.
Smarter.
More powerful than a MOE Ran.
We must make...



THE RUSSIAN VERSION OF LAVOS!
(In human form as so no to turn him into a rampaging raging psychopath. We have Yuka for that)
>>No. 17612
>>17611

It's Yukari we're talking about; there isn't many people whom she can't beat.

Now it was losing to say Cirno or Patchy in a fist fight then that'd be a sad sign.

Also I'd think there'd be limits to how much normal training can take a person, especially if their minds are still 'locked'

Free your mind! (No seriously, I think part of the steps to getting to say Marisa or Reimu's level of power is to first realize your limits aren't absolute.)

And I think he doesn't even let himself think about getting soft.

we must ask this: how will he react when he finds out he went forward in time, where the war has ended, and Russia isn't the power that it once was?
>>No. 17613
>>17611
You need to stop talking.
>>No. 17615
File 125290851894.jpg - (234.63KB, 1089x810, 22c855c24937b2b9506fb6c2538e9d6a.jpg) [iqdb]
17615
>>17612
>we must ask this: how will he react when he finds out he went forward in time, where the war has ended, and Russia isn't the power that it once was?

Maybe Ivanov will have a case of utter despair and blaming Yukari for what she had done to him?

Regardless, everyone in Eientei will need to help him restoring his morale and gaining back his pride as soldier of the Red Army. Well, we still have the victory party to celebrate, so sit tight.
>>No. 17645
So where's the update comrade?
>>No. 17647
>>17645
Patience, comrade. I'm working on it. It should be done in seven minutes approximate.
>>No. 17648
File 12530509905.jpg - (103.53KB, 536x599, 677b824cb42aa21fdbd22bab951f28e6.jpg) [iqdb]
17648
...and here we go.

------------------

[ ] combination of votes.

“Why, Comrade Aya!” You laugh aloud, your voice echoing through the bamboo forest. “This adventurous soul is always hungry for new challenge! Sounds like a good plan for a later day.” You throw the tengu reporter a grin. “My trainees need to be trained on advanced combat technique, so that can wait another day.” Aya sulks a bit at the answer but that’s to be expected from her. “I’ll expect great things from you, comrade.”

Aya pats her chest in obvious pride. “You can always count on me, captain!”

“However! You have to keep this in mind:” you intervene before she can continue. “Soldiers of the Red Army are not to be underestimated. One wrong move and you’ll end up facing our wrath.”

“Oh, really now? From the look of it you don’t look like someone who’s easily provoked,” Aya answers.

“Do not try me, comrade,” you warn. “Have you heard of the proverb ‘never prod a stick into a hornet’s nest’? I believe that it applies to our situation here.”

Aya giggles, a finger put over her lips as she makes a pose of sort. “Hmm… I wonder if I should…” What’s this? She’s presenting herself to you? Now’s your chance! You pounce at Aya and seize her arms as you tackle her with such force that you almost push her into the ground. She’s surprised, as so are Tatyana and the guards. “C-captain! What do you think you’re doing?”

“Teaching you never to drop your guard at any occasion, of course,” you murmur into her ear and turn her around so you’re restraining her from behind. She yelps once when you grasp her wrists and shudders as you encircle you free arm about her neck in a choke hold manoeuvre but not actually subduing her. “You really need to be taught a few lessons on close quarter combat. The hard way.”

“Okay, okay! I get it! Just let me go!” Aya shrieks again when you tighten your grab. “Captain! It’s too tight! You’re hurting me!”

“I am? Oh; I must have forgotten to tell you that I won’t go easy on my recruits, tengu or not,” you murmur. “Maybe this is the best time to show you the harshness that is the Red Army training-”

Click.

You glance at the direction of the sound. You are mildly not amused. Standing between the shocked Reisen and the intrigued Kaguya, Tewi is flashing you a grin of sort as she’s holding Aya’s camera in her hand. It seems to everyone within the vicinity that you’re more of dominating Aya than you are manhandling the tengu reporter, and they are enjoying the sight. One of the guards does the sensible act by covering Tatyana’s eyes as prevention against the indecent sight, although the girl insists that she watches it. Good thing Aya is too occupied with pleading you to loosen your grasp on her, or things are going to become too spiced up.

“Captain! Please… let go off me…” Aya gasps, her face showing a mixture of pain (and pleasure?) from the prolonged restraining. Right; you are almost certainly going to hurt her, so you loosen the grasp and let her go. “Jeez, you could’ve gone easy on me, you know.”

“Unfortunately I have no intention of giving face to my recruits,” you answer, “not when I’m in charge of this boot camp.”

Aya pouts. “You’re so dense… even denser than Reimu…”

You grin. If that is a compliment, you have to accept it wholeheartedly. Regardless, time awaits no one and you call out at the people. “Alright, comrades! Now that everyone is here we can proceed with our advanced training! Rally up!” At once Kaguya, Reisen and Tewi line up in front of you with the likes of the guards who find themselves unwilling participants in the training. Tatyana is the only one who doesn’t participate and she goes to sit on the walkway with the megaphone wrapped in her petite arms rather comfortably.

“What do we have here?”

You turn to the voice. You’re in luck; Marisa and Alice are showing up at the gate, and the two of them are watching at the gathering in intrigue. Not so for Marisa; the moment she spots you she opens a defensive stance, one hand ready to swing the broom in counterattack.

“Never thought to see YOU here in Eientei,” she hisses.

“I see that you are very eager to have your attack foiled again, black-white,” you sneer, which causes her to glower at you in resentment. “Anger isn’t going to lead you anywhere, mind you. If anything, it hurts more than it helps.”

Marisa snaps and withdraws the device when her partner steps in. “Marisa! We’re here to discuss with Kaguya about the damage pay, not having a fight!” Alice turns to you and bows apologetically, as are the puppets. “I’m sorry on her behalf. She can be rude sometimes, so please don’t mind.”

“Hey! Look who’s talking,” Marisa snorts. “And to think I could sleep all the way to the noon…”

You ponder for a while. Now that they are here, you consider inviting them to join the training programme. Of course Marisa will probably reject the offer considering the hostility she has against you, but it’s the best opportunity to show them the superiority of Soviet discipline.

[ ] invite them.
[ ] don’t invite them, but let them watch from sideline.

After that is done…

[ ] teach Sambo to Kaguya and Tewi. Include the reluctant guards for extra measures.
[ ] help Reisen improving her combat proficiency. Help her gaining confidence and faith in her strength.
[ ] give Aya your version of training from hell. Don’t go easy on her; give her everything you have.

------------

Heads up: I'm probably going to be absent for a couple of days as I'll be on holiday break starting this Friday. If I have the chance to update during that period of time I will do so, otherwise please enjoy whatever I have presented here.
>>No. 17649
[X] don’t invite them, but let them watch from sideline.
[x] teach Sambo to Kaguya and Tewi. Include the reluctant guards for extra measures.
[x] help Reisen improving her combat proficiency. Help her gaining confidence and faith in her strength.
[x] give Aya your version of training from hell. Don’t go easy on her; give her everything you have.

I WANT IT ALL.
>>No. 17650
[JE] don’t invite them, but let them watch from sideline.
[JE] give Aya your version of training from hell. Don’t go easy on her; give her everything you have.

Pass. Must get more blackmail material on Aya and put the SHAME back in Shameimaru. Komrade Tewi, we leave everything to you!
>>No. 17651
[x] don’t invite them, but let them watch from sideline.

[x] teach Sambo to Kaguya and Tewi. Include the reluctant guards for extra measures.
[x] help Reisen improving her combat proficiency. Help her gaining confidence and faith in her strength.
[x] give Aya your version of training from hell. Don’t go easy on her; give her everything you have.
>>No. 17652
[x] don’t invite them, but let them watch from sideline.

[x] teach Sambo to Kaguya and Tewi. Include the reluctant guards for extra measures.
[x] help Reisen improving her combat proficiency. Help her gaining confidence and faith in her strength.
[x] give Aya your version of training from hell. Don’t go easy on her; give her everything you have.
>>No. 17653
[x] teach Sambo to Kaguya and Tewi. Include the reluctant guards for extra measures.
[x] help Reisen improving her combat proficiency. Help her gaining confidence and faith in her strength.
[x] give Aya your version of training from hell. Don’t go easy on her; give her everything you have.

[x] If Marisa or Alice seem interested during the course of your training, tell them they are free to join, and if the head of the mansion allows, may come back for more training. Make sure to jab Marisa about her lack of discipline, and the fact that she probably couldn't handle your training anyway.
>>No. 17654
[x] don’t invite them, but let them watch from sideline.

[x] teach Sambo to Kaguya and Tewi. Include the reluctant guards for extra measures.
[x] help Reisen improving her combat proficiency. Help her gaining confidence and faith in her strength.
[x] give Aya your version of training from hell. Don’t go easy on her; give her everything you have.

This sounds good, and it's kinda needless dragging in more people into the training, but if they see it and like it, all the more better. That and they're not exactly miltary types.

As far as the other three choices

- Those two been waiting on the training; time not to disappoint them.
- Always time available to help the supposedly 'useless' bunny improve.
- Let's see what Aya's got when she's serious. We caught her off guard once, so that wasn't a good judge of things.

Though Gensokyo is a strange place for a soldier since while there's combat, it's rarely ever serious in many parts.
>>No. 17668
File 125306159965.jpg - (477.07KB, 600x664, 5akfgk.jpg) [iqdb]
17668
Quick check before going to work.

>>17653
>Make sure to jab Marisa about her lack of discipline, and the fact that she probably couldn't handle your training anyway.
In before we become Marisa's arch nemesis and learn how to render Master Spark useless.

>>17654
>Though Gensokyo is a strange place for a soldier since while there's combat, it's rarely ever serious in many parts.

I'm sure he'll be very surprised if he learns how "taking it easy" most of the people are not counting some of the notorious slackers out there.

>Those two been waiting on the training; time not to disappoint them.
>Always time available to help the supposedly 'useless' bunny improve.
>Let's see what Aya's got when she's serious. We caught her off guard once, so that wasn't a good judge of things.

Good idea. Thanks for the reminder.
>>No. 17738
So...

You gonna update or what?
>>No. 17759
File 125346327790.jpg - (137.37KB, 567x567, 1189917759320.jpg) [iqdb]
17759
>>17738
Sorry for the lack of update. I'm in holiday trip right now, though it's only for one day before I go back to my working shift this Monday. As soon as I get the rhythm back I'll resume working on this CYOA.
>>No. 17803
Updates?
>>No. 17807
File 125376649840.png - (351.30KB, 1282x1171, f56bbf8d07672d1394f5a727d4f01ca8.png) [iqdb]
17807
>>17803
My apologies for the lack of update, comrade. Due to the cumbersome obstacle known as writer's block I have to take some time to get back on track, so don't expect any update this week. I blame my holiday trip for this laziness.

Also, before I proceed:
>Include the reluctant guards for extra measures.
[x] have them introduce themselves (rank, skill, anything if possible).
[x] don't do that. You have better thing to concentrate throughout the training. Who the hell do you think they are? Red Shirt Army?
>>No. 17808
[x] have them introduce themselves (rank, skill, anything if possible).
>>No. 17826
[x] Have them introduce themselves (rank, skill, anything if possible).
>>No. 17881
Finally I got my writing rhythm back. Seven minutes, so please wait warmly...
>>No. 17882
File 12541498219.jpg - (102.53KB, 500x375, 170330827_a1037dbebf.jpg) [iqdb]
17882
[ ] don’t invite them, but let them watch from sideline.
[ ] teach Sambo to Kaguya and Tewi. Include the reluctant guards for extra measures.
[ ] help Reisen improving her combat proficiency, and subsequently gaining confidence and faith in her strength.
[ ] give Aya your version of training from hell. Don’t go easy on her; give her everything you have.

“You guys want to join?” Kaguya asks. “It’s going to be fun; plus, it’s the best morning workout anyone can do.”

“We’re not here for some ridiculous exercise, so no thanks,” Marisa answers. “Not when he is here.”

“Oh, come on! He’s a nice guy despite how he looks,” Kaguya replies. “Or is it perhaps because you don’t have the guts?”

“Jeez, what’s with everyone at Eientei this morning? Are they sick or what?” Marisa grumbles.

“At ease, soldiers.” You turn your attention to Marisa. “Now, there, whether you want to join or not is your choice. To be frank I’d like you to enlist into the Red Army just like the rest of my comrades here, but it seems neither of you is interested.” You can hear exasperated sigh coming from the soldiers, probably a sign of disdain.

“We don’t intend to sign up anyway, so yeah,” Marisa shrugs.

“Of course that doesn’t mean you aren’t allowed to watch at us, so you are more than welcomed to do so.” You spot Eirin from the corner of your eye, and you grin. “Besides, I’m very certain that Miss Eirin will appreciate some companion right now.”

Marisa flinches at the sight of Eirin and the pharmacist simply throws her a smile. “Take it easy, girls. Now let’s just sit and watch the soldiers undergoing vigorous training,” she says.

You turn back at the awaiting soldiers. “Alright, comrades. Before we begin our training, I’d like to introduce to you Comrade Aya Shameimaru.” The tengu reporter stands up and salutes. “As you can see, Comrade Aya here has volunteered to take part in our training programme, and at such we are expected to show her examples of the superior Soviet discipline.”

“I… I suppose I’m not allowed to take it easy until the captain says so.” Aya gulps when she notices Kaguya and Tewi eyeing at her (is it you, or is their smile somewhat spiteful?). “Right?”

“Right, and remember: there will be no stop until I say stop,” you speak. “The Red Army always marches forward, and they will crush all obstacles under their might.”

Tewi lifts her hand. “Captain! What about these guys?” she asks and points to the guards. “Surely they need to introduce themselves, aren’t they?” You turn to the rabbits. Realizing they are now the centre of attention, they quickly correct their posture and announce their names.

“Private First Class Inaba Ichigo,” the girl to the left begins.

“Private First Class Inaba Ichika,” the girl next to her (who wears a headband of sort) speaks.

“Good to see you, soldiers,” you say with a salute. The girl with the headband gulps when you give her a stare but quickly return the salute. “The Red Army always appreciates those who are willing to volunteer themselves to the cause.”

You stumble upon a problem: how are you going to manage the training? Surely you can’t do all the works yourself and you know you’re going to need extra hands. Eirin can’t be the obvious choice, and seeing the pharmacist engaging in a rather vibrant ‘conversation’ with Marisa and Alice you aren’t sure if you want to barge in.

You shrug. “Alright, comrades. Follow me.” You head to the sparring pad near one of the course obstacles, and with the soldiers gathered around you begin the session. “As I had promised yesterday, today I’ll teach Comrade Kaguya and Comrade Tewi the basics of Sambo. This skill is essential and can come in handy when you are cornered and your weapon is rendered useless.”

Aya lifts her hand. “Excuse me for interrupting, sir, but Sambo?” Another idea strikes your head. Why don’t you give Aya your version of training from hell right here? Of course you aren’t planning to go easy on her, and there will be no way you’ll give her a face whatsoever.

You gesture at Aya to come, and with reluctance she approaches you at the middle of the pad. “Have your training regime included barehanded combat?”

Aya shakes her head. “Not if I can remember.”

“I see.” You give her your bayonet-attached Mosin-Nagant. “Here. Use this and attack me with it.”

Aya gives you a shocked look. “But Captain! This is kind of too sudden for me-”

“Do not question your instructor, soldier!” you bark. “Or are you perhaps too spineless to even perform a bayonet attack? You have to work hard if you are aiming for that interview material, comrade!”

“I am not spineless!” Aya retorts. “And do not try me when it comes to interview material! I will get it and I AM GETTING IT!”

“Then show me how much courage you are sporting.” With a nod of assurance Aya poses a stance and lunges forward, thrusting the rifle bayonet forward at you. You sidestep to the left, disarm the weapon off her hand and seize Aya’s arms in another restrain. “That’s too slow! I expected you to go faster.”

“I tried not to harm my instructor!” Aya gasps when you tighten the grasp. “I thought this is just a drill, so-”

“Soldiers in the Red Army are taught to attack with full force, and I expect you to do the same.” You murmur into her ear something in Russian followed with a trace of her finger along her spine; it does her trick in making the tengu squirm and moan in distress. “Or is it because you want me to do it up close and personal?

You hear another click, and you’re pretty sure it’s Tewi’s doing but you’re too busy apprehending Aya to even yell at the rabbit. A quick glance to the front confirms your suspicion: Tewi giggling deviously and whispering something to Kaguya while holding the camera close to her. You can only imagine what Tewi is going to do with the photos.

You let go off Aya. “Thank you for the cooperation, Comrade Aya. You may return to your place.” You turn your attention to the soldiers, paying no notice of Aya’s disgruntled mumbles. “As you can see, this training is designed with defeating the enemy at very close range in mind. It is not a sport and it is never treated as one, so keep that fact in mind.”

You gesture at Kaguya to approach you. This princess needs to shape up if she is really serious about her intention of joining the Red Army. For a while the two of you stand still and watch at each other before Kaguya bows, in which you reply with a light nod. “I am ready whenever you are, captain,” she speaks.

“Good. Now throw me a punch.” Kaguya nods and performs the attack, and you deftly parry the fist before seizing her arm and pinning her to the floor in a slow but swift motion. She taps once and you let her go, helping her in getting back on her feet. “I’m going to throw you a punch, so I want to see you performing the move I did a while ago. Understand?” Kaguya nods. “Good. Now hold your ground.”

With a battle cry that does its trick in startling the guards and Tatyana you leap forward and aim a punch at her. To your surprise she doesn’t immediately parry or even sidestep and eats the fist in her face; you’re certain everyone else within the vicinity does not expect that, either.

“What the hell are you doing, comrade? You are supposed to parry the punch, NOT accept it!”

“I didn’t see that coming!” Shrugging off the blood trail on her lips she regains her stance, seemingly more ready than before.

You nod and aim another punch; this time she manages to dodge it although with some difficulty. Impressive, but you know she can do a lot better. You twist on your feet and attempt a backhand karate chop, which is almost instantly parried by the princess before it reaches her neck. “Not bad, comrade, but!” You see an opening in her defence and deliver a horse kick onto her torso that does nothing more than to knock her off her feet.

“Damn; she should’ve parried that, too,” Tewi grumbles.

“Very good, comrade. I’m impressed.” You offer Kaguya a hand. “Need a lift?” Kaguya nods, grabs the hand and stands up, thanking you in the process. “I see that you have learned the basics of barehanded technique before, which should explain the parry manoeuvre,” you speak.

Kaguya laughs bashfully. “Thank you, captain. You wouldn’t expect to see it coming from a princess, would you?

You shrug and order her to return to her spot. There is one thing you need to do before you can you continue. “Comrade Reisen, I’m assigning you as my second-in-command.” At once Kaguya, Tewi and Aya’s lower jaw drops; the guards, as well as Tatyana, coo at the announcement and are quick to congratulate Reisen for the promotion. Eirin, on the other hand, has a curious smile carved upon her face although she quickly focuses back on her business with the visitors. “I know this is out of a sudden, but two sets of head are better than one, yes? After all.”

You give Reisen an assuring smile. “You should be proud that the Red Army has seen your potential, so appreciate the privilege while you can.”

“I… I…” The lunar bunny stands firm and gives you a hard salute. There is a glint of excitement coming from her eyes as she stares at you long and deep. “Thank you very much, Captain!”

“Now for your first assignment: I’m going to be busy giving Aya a very hard day, so…” You point towards Kaguya and Tewi. “I’m entrusting you to their training. Teach them everything about close quarter combat and don’t be afraid to abuse your authority.”

“What? That’s not fair!” both of them. “Reisen gets promoted that easily after only a couple of days? That’s absurd!” Tewi interjects.

You give them a deep glare, a stare that could pierce into one’s heart as deep as the bloodthirsty glare of Ivan the Terrible. “Do you have any problems with that, soldiers?”

“Ye- I mean no, sir! We don’t have any problem with the promotion! Sir!” Tewi answers (Kaguya simply nods in agreement with her partner). Aya and the guards are, on the other hands, just watching at the event in bewilderment, a quizzed look visible upon their face.

You shrug and turn back towards Reisen. “I’m expecting you to exert the best of your abilities, so don’t disappoint me and the Red Army, Comrade Reisen.”

“Yes, sir. Absolutely!” Reisen salutes you for the second time and turns her attention towards the horrified Kaguya and Tewi. You aren’t sure of what leads to the twos’ reaction, or what’s with Reisen’s vengeful smirk you notice, but with the task evenly distributed you can now concentrate on training the remaining recruits.

Who do you want to focus the training on?

[ ] the guards.
[ ] Aya.

-----------

I'm not entirely sure if guards in Eientei are ever given rank, but I decided to give it a shot and gave the twinsguardians one.

By the way, it occurs to me that Ivanov has never consumed alcohol ever since his arrival in Eientei. He should have this fixed soon before it comes back to haunt him.
>>No. 17884
[x] Aya.

I think we can train the two another day. And was he flirting with Aya?
>>No. 17885
[x] Aya.
>>No. 17886
[x] Aya
>>No. 17889
[x] Aya.
>>No. 17890
[†] Aya.
>>No. 17891
[x] Aya.
[x] (Later, at dinner) Find some VODKA
>>No. 17892
[X] Aya.
[X] (Later, at dinner) Find some VODKA

So what do you think we should do to Aya, Anon?
>>No. 17893
>>17892

Everything.
>>No. 17894
>giving aya a bayonet
>asking her not to hold back

WELL THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST IDEAS I'VE SEEN IN AWHILE
>>No. 17895
File 125418400994.jpg - (229.06KB, 825x900, e8baeddb2a0c08e6b7562e2.jpg) [iqdb]
17895
>I think we can train the two another day.
And here I was expecting Anon to go for the twinguards, but eh. The choice has been made.

>And was he flirting with Aya?
Not really, but I know what you mean.

Anyway, I will continue with the update and have it posted sometimes this week. Have a Yukari in sundress.
>>No. 17924
>>17895
>And here I was expecting Anon to go for the twinguards
Maybe we could ask them to engage in a short sparring match, and create a training program based on their skill level.
>>No. 17932
File 125465982138.png - (21.84KB, 400x500, 1205903642362.png) [iqdb]
17932
Writefag is sick. Update will be postponed until he recovers from this illness.
>>No. 17946
File 125520352189.jpg - (168.72KB, 740x938, sample-02c16b6fe5b67bb98a292334b334fdf4.jpg) [iqdb]
17946
[ ] Aya.

You turn towards the expectant guards. “Soldiers, I bet you are very eager to take part in the training, are you not?” They nod vigorously. “I admire the spirit, and I am pretty sure the Motherland will appreciate it very much.”

“Thank you, sir!” they reply.

“Now, do me a favour and meet Comrade Reisen for your first task. She’ll know what to do about it,” you tell them. “Don’t forget to report to me after both of you are done with the task.”

“Yes, sir! Right away!”

The guards salute and make haste towards Reisen, and with that done you turn your attention to Aya. “Now then.” You crack your fists. “I wonder what I should do with you first…”

Aya gulps. “Well, sir, I believe we should…”

“Enough talking! Give me some fifty!” Aya’s reaction is swift as she drops to the ground and does fifty push-ups. You wouldn’t let her finish the manoeuvre so you yell at her during the thirty-fifth and watch as she struggles to maintain the position, oblivious of her plea to continue the push-up.

The manoeuvre ends after a healthy ten minutes. Aya is a beaten woman, barely able to stand up as she lies flat on her face. You ignore her mumbling, already having more plans to execute on the so-called self-acclaimed tengu reporter, and you order her to stand up. “Not bad for a starter,” you compliment.

“T…thanks, captain… I was trying my best…” Aya replies, obviously out of breath.

“Oh, really now? I see that you were faltering back there,” you reply, earning you a shocked look on her face. “Do not give me that kind of look, soldier. It doesn’t end until I say it ends, remember?”

“Y…yes sir!”

You point at the obstacle course. “Do you know what purpose it is?” Aya solemnly nods. “Do you know what are you going to do after this?” She nods again. “What are you wasting time for? Go! The Red Army awaits no one to falter in the battlefield!!”

“Sir! Yes sir!”
-
-
It’s midway through afternoon. Aya is lying on the ground, battered, bruised and spent. Reisen is still busy with the combat Sambo training, and you can already see her determination throughout the training (although you can’t help feeling sorry for Kaguya and Tewi right now).

You stand next to Aya, keen in giving the tengu reporter some more hell on earth after multiple obstacle course runs. You don’t care of the interview anymore; right now it’s the more training. And training is what you’re going to give. “Stand up.” Dejectedly she stands up, and when she does you can’t shaking your head over her gloomy face. “So do you think you’re ready for more, Comrade Aya?”

“Permission to speak, sir?” Aya asks.

“Hmm… proceed.”

“I… I don’t know what your intention throughout the training is, but can we proceed with the interview? I mean… it’s already late, and I need to… have something published already. So…”

You sigh. Not very convincing, Comrade Aya. Not very convincing. Just as you’re about to give her one of your sermons, a tap is felt on your shoulder. You turn around and are (pleasantly) surprised to see one of Alice’s dolls pointing at a direction. You can see Alice seated with the likes of Eirin and Marie, engaged in a discussion of sort; Marisa is nowhere to be seen, and this doesn’t look good.

“Not now, Petrushka,” you say, calling the doll with the unique name. “Not now.” The doll, instead, keeps pointing at the folks, tugging at your clothes and pulling you towards them. There must be something important that prompts them to use the doll to distract you. Right?

[ ] ignore the doll and proceed with the sermon.
[ ] just follow the doll. (Later, ask Alice of its name.)

-x-x-x-x-

Note to self: gallstones are not fun.
>>No. 17947
[x] ignore the doll and proceed with the sermon.
>>No. 17948
[X] Just follow the doll. (Later, ask Alice of its name.)
[X] Tell Aya that you want her to join Reisen and the others for now, you'll deal with her after.

I have the feeling that something may be wrong. The enemy won't go away just because your ignoring them.
>>No. 17949
[x] just follow the doll. (Later, ask Alice of its name.)

I didn't think Aya would have this hard of a time with things.

But I think we should see what those two want and give Aya a small break.

What is it with Russianons and forcing change?
>>No. 17950
[x] just follow the doll. (Later, ask Alice of its name.)
>>No. 17951
[X] Just follow the doll. (Later, ask Alice of its name.)
[X] Tell Aya that you want her to join Reisen and the others for now, you'll deal with her after.
>>No. 17952
[x] Just follow the doll. (Later, ask Alice of its name.)
[x] Tell Aya that you want her to join Reisen and the others for now, you'll deal with her after.
>>No. 17953
[ℤ] Follow the doll.
[ℯ] "It seems something has come up. Report to Lieutenant Reisen while I deal with this."
>>No. 17954
[x] Just follow the doll. (Later, ask Alice of its name.)
[x] Tell Aya that you want her to join Reisen and the others for now, you'll deal with her after.
>>No. 17956
[0] Just follow the doll. (Later, ask Alice of its name.)
[1] Tell Aya that you want her to join Reisen and the others for now, you'll deal with her after.
>>No. 17957
[x] Just follow the doll. (Later, ask Alice of its name.)
[x] Tell Aya that you want her to join Reisen and the others for now, you'll deal with her after.
>>No. 17958
File 125533287916.jpg - (466.22KB, 619x722, 7021afb9c71d33778eadbfa.jpg) [iqdb]
17958
The vote has been called. Commencing update.
>>No. 17959
File 125536368555.png - (219.64KB, 900x600, 23b75921f8fd8ade0607748223179b84.png) [iqdb]
17959
[x] Just follow the doll. (Later, ask Alice of its name.)
[x] Tell Aya that you want her to join Reisen and the others for now, you’ll deal with her later.

“It seems something has come up.” You gesture at the doll to wait and turn to Aya. “Report to Lieutenant Reisen while I deal with this.” You sigh exasperatedly. “Be glad that you finally get to have a break, comrade, but you still owe me the sermon. Understood?”

“Thank goodness.” Aya gives you a salute and approaches Reisen and the company, her steps uneven and wobbly as you notice. You turn your attention back to the doll; its shining eyes suggest to you that it is expecting you to follow its lead quickly.

“Guess I can’t say no to you, can I? Lead the way.” The doll nods and heads back towards the balcony, and you just follow on until you’re near them. “Alright, ladies.” You sit next to Marie, not paying attention to her shocked reaction. “What is so important that you used the Petrushka to summon me?”

Petrushka, Mister Ivanov?” Eirin asks.

You shrug. “How am I supposed to ask a mute doll its name?” You turn to Alice, and can’t help noticing a rather displeased look on her face. “Surely you don’t have problem introducing this automation to me, do you?”

“My doll has a name, and it’s Shanghai,” Alice speaks, her voice filled with pride as if the doll is her most precious treasure. It doesn’t take very long before she realizes the mistake she has done and quickly apologizes for the rudeness. “I’m so sorry! I should’ve been more careful with my manners.”

“I don’t mind, really,” you assure. “But Shanghai?” You inspect the doll closer; blonde hair, blue eyes, it (or should you say ‘she’?) wears light blue maid uniform of sort, matched by a large red bow on her hair and smaller bow tied around her neck. You’re impressed by the perfectness of Shanghai’s design, almost as if she’s a being with a living soul. Realizing she’s being watched Shanghai perches upon Alice’s lap and takes a bow, in which you reply with a slight nod. “It is an honour to meet you, too, Shanghai. By the way, where’s that witch? She can’t be running away, can she?”

“Ah, she said she has to use the washroom,” Alice answers. “Don’t know how long she’s going to be inside there, so…”

“I was just making sure. Can’t afford to let the enemy slip away unnoticed.”

“Come on, Mister Ivanov, stop being paranoid once in a while,” Eirin teases. “She just needs some privacy, that’s all.”

“I’m not paranoid, excuse me. I’m just- bah! Whatever.” You quickly change the topic of conversation. “If neither of you have anything to tell me, I’m going to resume my sermon to Comrade Aya. She needs some serious learning about the Motherland.”

“Actually, I have an errand for you,” Eirin says. “It was supposed to be Udonge’s job, but since she’s currently… absorbed in her new task you are the next person I can think of.”

“Hmm… what kind of errand will it be, if I may ask?”

“Well, it’s just a simple delivery of medical supply to the human village.” The answer earns you a raised eyebrow and Eirin simply chuckles over the response. “Oh? You’d expect something more extravagant? Like… weapon trafficking?”

“Don’t scare him like that, Miss Eirin,” Marie adds with a hint of laughter.

“Jeez, what’s up with both of you, actually?” you ask, earning more giggles from Eirin and Marie. Alice and Shanghai just sit there confused by the scene, and it doesn’t help you either. You shrug. “I suppose I can’t say no to that. How much time I have before the dateline expires?”

“Before the party, of course,” Eirin says. “You don’t want to upset the princess by arriving late, right?”

“The Eientei is going to have party?” All of you turn to the voice. You grumble; it’s that black-witch, just when you expect to see the least. “Awesome! This is just too awesome!”

“Like they’re going to invite you, Marisa,” Alice jeers.

“Come on! It’s quite unusual for folks here to have a party!” Marisa exclaims. “Right, Eirin? Can I come along?”

“Denied.” The very answer is enough to make Marisa growl at you in protest. “Until YOU issue a formal apology to the Eientei, you’re to be treated as an enemy.”

“Hey! Whose fault you think it was in the first place?” Marisa barks.

“Oh? Still denying the crime you had committed, I see,” you sneer. “Would you like to enlist to the volunteer training camp? I’m very sure you’ll enjoy your day in hell wholeheartedly.

She fumes. “Damn it, stranger! What the heck is your problem with me?”

“The problem lies in the fact that you had stolen property of the Motherland and given it to your fellow here,” you point to Alice, “without realizing the consequences that might follow. You should be ashamed of yourself for using stolen goods as present, Marisa Kirisame.”

Marisa leaves the complex and flies off, and from the look of it you know she’s angered by the remark. “Well, there goes one potential recruit,” you comment.

“I’m so sorry, Mister Ivanov,” Alice apologizes. “Marisa’s just like that. She can be moody at time, especially when things don’t go along with her. Like the stolen amulet.”

“I can see that.” You jump onto your feet, and is handed the said package by Marie. “So who am I supposed to take along?” you ask as you take the medium-sized box.

“Why are you asking us? You’re the leader, it’s your call,” Eirin reminds.

“Can I follow you? I need to go back to my cabin anyway, and Marisa just left me here,” Alice says. “I hope you don’t mind if I tag you along, though.”

Who are you going to choose as escort?

[ ] Alice.
[ ] Tatyana.
[ ] Reisen.
[ ] anyone of the recruits.
>>No. 17960
[ ] Alice.
[ ] Tatyana.

Let's take both.
>>No. 17961
[ ] Alice.
[ ] Tatyana.
>>No. 17962
[x] Alice.
[x] Tatyana.
>>No. 17963
[x] Alice.
[x] Tatyana.

Alice would going that way anyways, so why not? And the bunny can help us get back to the area.
>>No. 17964
[x] Alice.
[x] Tatyana.

Tatyana can ride on our shoulders.
>>No. 17965
File 125536757569.jpg - (494.35KB, 700x800, 1254801146791.jpg) [iqdb]
17965
The vote has been called. However sleep becomes my top priority, so update will have to wait.
>>No. 17966
>>17965
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK.
YOU CAN SLEEP ALL YOU WANT AFTER YOU'RE DEAD.
>>No. 17970
>>17966
Unless you mention the bit about "Go write," it just sounds like some kind of strange threat.
>>No. 17971
File 125541151615.png - (197.61KB, 800x500, 4695d1caa9a3c2212c0ff37cbb7e10c7.png) [iqdb]
17971
Alright, people. Update is on the way and will be ready in a couple of days. So please wait warmly and have a Wriggle.
>>No. 17972
File 125541594374.jpg - (329.62KB, 667x1000, raisen.jpg) [iqdb]
17972
>>17971
you make it sound like you have OTHER things to do

jeez
>>No. 17974
File 125545319732.png - (102.21KB, 350x352, a forlorn insect.png) [iqdb]
17974
>>17971
>>No. 17975
File 125549257433.png - (247.80KB, 720x960, 77983f068b434b5b27b0c7005f857d11.png) [iqdb]
17975
>>17965

Take it easy. We'll still be here.
>>No. 17979
File 125553430588.jpg - (34.93KB, 300x320, foodmarket.jpg) [iqdb]
17979
[ ] Alice.
[ ] Tatyana.


“Escorting you back to your cabin?” You scratch your chin and think of it for a few seconds. “Good idea. I can’t let myself getting lost in the wilderness without someone watching my back, anyway.”

Both Alice and Shanghai bow. “Thank you very much, Mister Ivanov,” the puppeteer says.

“Right. Before I forget.” You hand over the package to Alice, telling her to hold it for a while. Then you take a deep breath and turn to the inner corridor of the mansion. “Come forth, Tatyana! The Motherland is in the urgent need of your tracking skill!”

“What are you doing?” Alice asks.

“Calling my assistant.” A minute, then two, and yet the zaichata is nowhere to be seen. Patiently you wait, and it doesn’t take long before you see a figure running down the alley. She jumps over your head and pounces back to land onto your shoulders, perching upon you comfortably.

“Tatyana reporting for duty!” Forcibly she dons the Pilotka hat onto your head and points towards the bamboo forest. “Let’s go and track down the enemy, captain! Lead the way!”

Leaving the recruits at the mercy of Reisen’s very own training regime you begin your trip, delivering the package to the human village being your top priority. Along the trip Tatyana’s antics never fails to amaze anyone of you, even going to the extent of singing a song of sort to praise your bravery as a soldier, yet that’s about it. The trip proves to be anything but exciting, and you need to do something about it before it kills you out of boredom.

“Ah, I’ve wanted to ask you this.” You and Tatyana turn to Alice. “When Eirin mentioned ‘party’ back there, did she mean the regular party where everybody gets drunk all through the next day?”

“Correction: it’s a victory part. Also, for your information it’s Kaguya’s idea in the first place,” you answer. “She insisted that every successful mission must have a celebration party, and I, as her guest of honour, couldn’t say no to her that time.”

“Guest of honour, you say? That’s kind of funny,” Alice says.

You shrug. “Don’t ask me about it, though I did owe her a gathering of sort. Anyway.” You correct the position of the package in your arms, while at the same time you maintain your balance, what’s with Tatyana sitting on your shoulders for almost half of the trip. “What else you want to ask me?”

“I’m not sure if I’m allowed to ask this.” She pauses, seemingly hesitant, and it takes her a few seconds before she presses on. “You can’t be from the outside world, can you?”

You laugh. “I’m surprised it took you that long to realize it, Miss Alice,” you answer. “But you’re indeed correct. I am from the outside world - the Eastern Front, to be more precise. Had I not been… spirited away to Gensokyo, for the lack of better term, I would have reported the fall of our outpost to the headquarters and reinforce the defence line. And maybe revenge my fallen comrades.”

“That was awful; I’m sorry to hear that. What happened to the outpost?”

You sigh. “Long story short, the Germans were trying to break through, and our post happened to be standing on their way. Our division was ordered to hold the line until reinforcements arrived to relieve us-” You feel a sharp twist on your earlobes. “Tatyana! Stop interrupting someone else’s story.”

“Why, Master, you’re flirting with somebody else while the princess isn’t looking!” Tatyana exclaims and keeps twisting your earlobes. “You keep doing that, and I’m going to report to her.”

“Jeez. I was just answering the question,” you grumble. “And stop twisting my ear- Hey! Stop. Twisting! My! Ears!”
-
-
You and your company arrive at the human village. You can’t help noticing various booths set up ahead, and judging from the scene all you can think of is the village’s having an open market day. “Surely looks busy, this place,” you comment while looking left and right. “And I’m supposed to deliver this package but to whom? Miss Eirin must have forgotten to lay out the details.”

“Why don’t we go find Keine? I assume she’s why Eirin sent us here,” Alice suggests.

You look around. The crowd, the barter exchange, the noise, almost you see at the market. The atmosphere of it reminds you of the bazaar you used to visit during your childhood years. It was fun, but the advent of war quickly snatched everything away.

You shrug. “Yeah. Let’s go find Keine.”

You press on, passing various booths that sell items you don’t bother to identify. You have to slow down, though, since Alice gets occupied from bargaining with one booth owner who sells vegetable of various types and ends up buying a bagful. “Food’s running low over my place,” she says.

“I can see that.” You notice Shanghai carrying the groceries rather comfortably despite her size and the weight of the bag. “Nice. I could have one of those as my assistant.”

“I see if I can arrange for that,” Alice replies.

Tatyana twists your ears again, harder this time. “Hey! What about me?”

You reach out and give Tatyana a ruffle on her hair. “Yeah, yeah. Like I’m going to dump you for something else.” Her protest only serves to make you laugh, and Alice laughs along with you afterwards.

As you walk past a few food stands you can’t help realizing the hunger has begun its assault upon you. You can’t tell how long you’ve been walking around the market, but it must have taken longer than you realized. You know you can’t concentrate on your task with an empty stomach.

“Anyone hungry?”

“I am!!” Tatyana replies.

“What about you, Miss Alice?”

“I’m not really hungry, but I still have time to spend before night falls.” You just nod. “Oh, by the way. Do you bring your money with you?”

You check your pocket. You find nothing. “Guess you’ll be treating us today. Sorry.”

The puppeteer sighs. “Alright, then. Where you want to go?”

[ ] “I know very little of this place, Miss Alice. Why don’t you take us to the best food stand you know?”
[ ] Your pathfinder skill nose. Follow its lead.

--------

Can't find any picture of Alice (or any Touhou) buying groceries, so yeah.
>>No. 17980
[ ] “I know very little of this place, Miss Alice. Why don’t you take us to the best food stand you know?”
>>No. 17981
[x] “I know very little of this place, Miss Alice. Why don’t you take us to the best food stand you know?”

If she's treating us, we should at least see what she considers good in the area.
>>No. 17982
[x] “I know very little of this place, Miss Alice. Why don’t you take us to the best food stand you know?”
>>No. 17984
[x] “I know very little of this place, Miss Alice. Why don’t you take us to the best food stand you know?”
>>No. 17986
[ℤℯ] Your pathfinder skill nose. Follow its lead.

Trying not to imagine Toucan Sam in Red Army fatigues.
>>No. 17987
[x] “I know very little of this place, Miss Alice. Why don’t you take us to the best food stand you know?”
>>No. 17988
[x] “I know very little of this place, Miss Alice. Why don’t you take us to the best food stand you know?”

Since Teruyo quit out of frustration i need to read something here, so i started this.
>>No. 17989
[x] “I know very little of this place, Miss Alice. Why don’t you take us to the best food stand you know?”
>>No. 17993
File 125597081276.jpg - (96.82KB, 850x600, sample-fd155281c69a5958dd5b4046e7a525b0.jpg) [iqdb]
17993
[ ] “I know very little of this place, Miss Alice. Why don’t you take us to the best food stand you know?”

“You know what? Why don’t you take us to the best food stand instead?” you suggest. “After all, an outsider like me knows very little of this place. Right, Tatyana?”

“Right-O!” Tatyana cheers.

Alice sighs. “I just hope I don’t end up having to pay all the bills.”

You chuckle. “What can I say?”

You follow Alice’s lead as she takes you on a quick stroll, taking your time to check every food stall you come across. None of the delicacies they sell appear to please your appetite, although the smell of the cooked food is enough to send your stomach into a crazed hunger spree. It is the same thing with Tatyana, and soon she starts munching on your Pilotka hat, desperate to overcome her hunger.

“Oi, captain!!”

You halt. You recognize that voice. You turn around and see Mokou waving at you from a booth. This is intriguing, so you approach the cart, curious of what business she has in the market. “Damn, didn’t expect to see you here at the market,” Mokou says as she fans the grilled food. “What brings you here?”

“Well, I…” You look around but cannot see Alice or her puppet companion. You must have left them without them noticing, you thought. “I have a package to deliver here,” and you show her the item, “and I was thinking to find Miss Keine in the village. Is she around?”

“Not the very best place or day to find her, captain,” Mokou tells you. “She’s at her home, and she’s not in the mood to see anyone.”

“That doesn’t sound good, does it?”

“She just needs to rest, so don’t worry about it.”

Your attention is distracted when you hear Alice shouting at you from behind. “There you are!” You turn around to see Alice taking a deep breath after what seems to be sprint. “I thought you got lost in the market, so I started looking for you!”

“Sorry, Miss Alice,” you nonchalantly apologize.

“Jeez, you could’ve told me you’d be going here,” Alice grumbles; Shanghai gives you one of her displeased glares before she sits on the table. “Don’t forget that I still have to pay for the meal.”

“Oh? The puppeteer is treating you?” Mokou asks.

“Excuse me? I’m on my way home and Mister Ivanov here is kind enough to escort me,” Alice answers. “And don’t come up with any assumption. Do we look like we’re on a blind date or something?” Tatyana twists your ears hard and you flinch, but you don’t say anything about the remark.

“You don’t have to be that wary, Alice!” Mokou laughs. “Anyway, I’m in the good mood today, so it’s my treat. Just tell me what you want, and I’ll have it prepared. Have a seat, guys.”

Tatyana cheers and jumps off your shoulders to sit on the prepared chair. Her rabbit ears twitch in excitement at the sight of grilled carrots being served. “I want this!!” she exclaims and points to the meal.

“I’ll have one of these, please,” Alice says and points to a grilled chicken. “Good thing Mokou has decided to treat us, sir.

“Thank you for the pleasant reminder, ma’am,” you reply wryly.

“What about you, captain?” Mokou asks.

“I’ll have the same as Miss Alice,” you answer, your stomach growling at the same time. “Actually, anything named meat will do. Got to restore my lost energy right now.”

“Two grilled chickens and one grilled carrot coming up!” Mokou begins her work in preparing the dishes, and while waiting for the meals to be served you use the opportunity to observe the nearby food stalls. You can see one of the stall operators fuming over the lack of customers at her booth, her eccentric ears and wings flapping about in erratic manners, her cheeks puffed. (Another weird person? But then again, you’ve seen most strange things here in Gensokyo so her appearance shouldn’t surprise you much.) That’s pretty much the only interesting sight in the market, and your attention is back at watching Mokou’s food preparation. From the look of it, you’re sure this lady could own a restaurant, or at least work at one as a chef.

“Food’s up! Enjoy.” Enjoy you do. There are few things in the world that can beat grilled meat on a stick, and you savour every piece of its exquisite taste as if you’ve never had one in your life before.

You look at Tatyana. She seems to be faltering, and despite her effort to cool down the carrot’s heat it’s just too hot for her to handle. You ask for a knife from Mokou and help the girl in dicing the carrot into small pieces. “Use this,” you mutter and give Tatyana the skewer stick. “And don’t get yourself burnt, okay?”

“Thank you!”

With Tatyana now happily munching on the diced carrot your return to feast upon your meal, only to find yourself under watch by Mokou. “What?”

Mokou grins. “You’re really good in food handling, I see. Wonder if the… outback experience has helped you in one way or another.”

“Does it matter?”

Mokou chuckles. “Come on captain! I just wanted to start a conversation with you. You look like the kind of guy who’s easy to talk to.” She leans forward. “Right?”

[ ] don’t start the conversation. Just enjoy the food.
[ ] start the conversation.
-- [ ] ask Mokou about the food business.
-- [ ] ask Alice what she knows about Marisa.
>>No. 17994
[x] start the conversation.
-- [x] ask Mokou about the food business.

A normal discussion would be nice and there'll be other days to inquire into Marisa's personality.
>>No. 17995
[x] start the conversation.
-[x] ask Mokou about the food business.
>>No. 17996
[x] start the conversation.
-- [x] ask Mokou about the food business.

Poor Mystia.
>>No. 17997
[X] start the conversation.
--[X] ask Mokou about the food business.
---[X] somehow tell Mokou about the 'training from hell' your putting most of the Eientai residence (and Aya) through.

Come on, Mokou would love to see Kaguya suffer. Plus we may be able to recruit her. It would do the captain proud to see those two giving their all for the mother country even though it's just them trying to one up each other.
>>No. 17998
[x] start the conversation.
-- [x] ask Mokou about the food business.
>>No. 17999
>>17997

But isn't Kaguya eating this up happily? the whole training?
>>No. 18000
[x] start the conversation.
-- [x] ask Mokou about the food business.
>>No. 18023
File 12561511549.jpg - (240.21KB, 768x1024, 1224725298319.jpg) [iqdb]
18023
[ ] start the conversation.
-- [ ] ask Mokou about the food business.


“So how’s business?”

“Pretty tough, but I’m doing fine,” she shrugs. “Competition for customers is ruthless, if you ask me. Just look at that girl.” You look back at the aforementioned cart owner, who is striving to get people to visit her booth. “Racial prejudice? What the heck has Mystia been smoking? Jeez! It’s just grilled chicken.”

You nod. “Business rivalry… I think I can understand that.”

“You know very little of the nature of food business here, captain,” she continues. “It’s more intense than you may want to believe.”

“Looks like I have to learn more about Gensokyo.” You take another chunk of the chicken. “So I reckon that you don’t get many customers as you’d expect, right?”

“I guess.” She chuckles when she notices the confused look on your face. “But I do get to see some familiar faces, like this fellow here,” and she gestures you towards Alice. “She frequently hangs out with Marisa, though I didn’t see any trace of her today. Hey, Alice! What happened to her, anyway?”

“Uh, Marisa? Well, she…” Alice’s blushing? Is she flustered? This is quite a fascinating development. “She left to Reimu’s place after accompanying me to Eientei. The usual stuff, she told me.”

“Come on! Lying is bad, I can tell,” Mokou teases. “Just tell me what really happened. Like I’m going to burn your doll if you tell me the truth.”

“Hey!” Alice barks. “Nobody mistreats my dolls!” Shanghai stands up and points at Mokou in defiance, as if she’s angry over the remark as well.

“My fault for pissing her,” you speak and lay out in brief of what happened between you and her. “And that’s what happened.”

“Ah, not a wise move, captain,” Mokou says. “You have to be less strict towards any girls, especially in this hidden world; you’ve got to treat them nicely or they won’t bother returning the favour.” She nods afterwards. “I can see why, though. She stole your precious thing, so I figured that you two would become bitter rivals over it.”

“Now you’re talking,” you shrug.

“I’m just sharing a piece of advice,” she says. “Now for others… ah, there’s this ghost princess who always visits place every month. I got to tell you this, captain: she’s one heck of a glutton. I almost went bankrupt because of her last month, you know.”

“That’s bad, isn’t it?”

“Not really. In fact.” She offers you another skewered chicken, in which you gladly accept. “I enjoy teasing her and her half-human-half-ghost assistant. It’s fun to see her pouting over the jab.” She reaches for something on the shelf and puts what looks like an alcohol drink on the table. “I bet a soldier likes you enjoys drinking, isn’t it?”

You read the label; it states the drink as ‘rice wine’. Not the kind of drink you’d expect, but it’s better than nothing. “I prefer vodka, but rice wine is fine, too.”

Mokou pours you a glass of the substance; she offers some to Alice but the puppeteer declines (and so is Tatyana), leaving you alone to enjoy the drink. “Now that I’m done sharing my part, what about you? Surely you have anything interesting to tell us here,” she says.

You stare at her. “What do you want to hear?”

“I don’t know. Like, what you’ve been doing for the passing several days,” she answers.

“If that’s what you want to hear.” You begin your story of how you came across Gensokyo and got introduced to the folks at Eientei. As you mention Kaguya’s name Mokou’s face contorts in discomfort but she says nothing about it and lets you continue. “As we speak, I’m recruiting most of them residence into my squad and putting them through a strict training regime. Aya is also involved, as a prerequisite to her… interview with me.”

“Training regime? Tell me about it,” Mokou says.

You shrug. “Nothing very stirring about it. Except that Kaguya’s thrilled with the idea of becoming a part of the Red Army, and is enjoying-”

“PFFFT!” Mokou breaks into a fit of laughs, loud enough to make everyone stop. “Kaguya? Thrilled? Enjoying? Are you trying to pull someone’s leg here, captain? The princess I know isn’t even capable of lifting a box!” You and Alice look at each other, bedazzled by Mokou’s reaction and unsure of what to say about this.

“You know what, captain? I have to see for myself if she’s really absorbed into it,” Mokou says as her laughs die out. “Damn! I haven’t laughed this hard in my life.”

“You are welcomed to join the training,” you speak. “The more the merrier. I guess.”

“You don’t sound too convinced.” Mokou points to her chest. “This is Mokou, captain! What do expect from someone who’s been living in the outback throughout her life? Plus, I could use this chance to settle some unfinished score with Kaguya.”

“Very well.” You finish the drink. “Consider yourself enrolled.”

“Awesome.” Mokou offers you a knuckle’s exchange, and you respond to the gesture rather confusedly.
-
-
You depart for the Forest of Magic after bidding farewell to Mokou and thanking her for the treat. You don’t say anything much for the rest of the trip, as your mind is busy imagining the kind of response your recruits would be showing at Mokou’s admittance. The questionable nature of Mokou and Kaguya’s relationship somewhat worries you, and the memory of the dream returns to bother you. You have to make sure the dream won’t occur in front of your eyes, or it will not be a pretty sight.

You arrive at the cabin, and escort Alice all the way to the door. “Thanks for the company, Mister Ivanov,” she says.

“I’m glad to be of help, Miss Alice,” you say. “Besides I appreciated the time we spend along the trip.”

“Yeah! It was fun, too!” Tatyana exclaims. “Can I play with your doll the next time we meet?”

Alice smiles. “Of course you can,” she tells Tatyana. “I’ll let you play with Shanghai and Hourai.” Tatyana cheers and gives Alice a tight hug of appreciation.

“You aren’t coming to the party, then?”

The puppeteer laughs. “I’m not sure if I’m welcomed, but I’ll think of it.” She bows; Shanghai does the same but adds with a salute that you’re sure is meant for you. “See you again, Mister Ivanov, and-”

“Tatyana!” the rabbit pronounces her name in pride.

Alice nods. “Alright, Tatyana. I’ll see you again.”

Alice enters the cabin, and you find yourself left alone in the yard. There is still plenty of time before night time, as you can notice.

Where to go, captain?

[ ] return to Eientei.
[ ] visit somewhere else (specify).
[ ] linger around for a while.
>>No. 18025
File 125615307635.jpg - (119.90KB, 547x359, kaguyaid7.jpg) [iqdb]
18025
Well, I must apology for errors one may notice in the update. Can't be avoided, since I've been staying up for hours today until now, and my attention for details is declining a little.

Regardless, there is still a lot of time before our victory party, so choose on whether we want to spend the rest of the afternoon outdoor or return to Eientei.
>>No. 18026
[x] Return to Eientei.
[x] Tell them about Mokou's admittance.

If he finds out that it's a bad idea, then he can just reject her.

Although... this' a chance for Kaguya to vent off some anger. Considering that the training gave her a physical and morale boost, the ever-so-balanced scales will be quite one-sided on battle.
>>No. 18027
[x] Return to Eientei.
[x] Tell them about Mokou's admittance.
[x] Check on how Aya's training under Reisen is going.

I do have a feeling that eventually Aya's going to get back into shape and show Russianon what the Tengu can really do.
>>No. 18029
[x] Return to Eientei.
[x] Tell them about Mokou's admittance.
[x] Check on how Aya's training under Reisen is going.
>>No. 18031
[x] Return to Eientei.
[x] Tell them about Mokou's admittance.
[x] Check on how Aya's training under Reisen is going.
>>No. 18032
[0] Return to Eientei.
[1] Tell them about Mokou's admittance.
[2] Check on how Aya's training under Reisen is going.
>>No. 18033
[x] Return to Eientei.
[x] Tell them about Mokou's admittance.
[x] Check on how Aya's training under Reisen is going.
>>No. 18063
[x] Return to Eientei.
[x] Tell them about Mokou's admittance.
[x] Check on how Aya's training under Reisen is going.
>>No. 18125
File 125666878393.jpg - (27.80KB, 593x434, ntw20_1.jpg) [iqdb]
18125
[ ] Return to Eientei.
[ ] Tell them about Mokou’s admittance.
[ ] Check on how Aya’s training under Reisen is going.


“Come, Tatyana. Let’s return to Eientei.”

Tatyana looks up at you. “Eh? Now? But I want to walk around a bit more.”

“I know. We could look around while going back there, if you like.”

“Oh. Hmm…” Tatyana scratches her chin, seemingly trying to think of something. “Eh… I don’t really know, but why you want to go home early?”

“Got to check on Aya’s training under Reisen’s supervision,” you answer. “Besides, they might be interested in Mokou’s admittance if I tell them about it.”

“Eh, I don’t really know what your plan with she is, but I’m fine with it,” Tatyana says.

“Alright, then.” You give Tatyana a quick ruffling between her bunny ears. “I’m counting on you to guide us back to Eientei.”

You leave the cabin and head back to the route you used earlier. Entrusting Tatyana to lead you back to the safety of Eientei is only a part of your training programme, even if it’s unplanned for, but it’s essential that she hones her tracking skill if she is to join the Red Army. Hmm, it won’t be a bad idea if you pass down the knowledge you acquired from your Siberian deployment.

You halt. Amidst the thick vegetation you can see peculiar-looking boulder sticking out of a patch of grass. It’s somewhat strange to see such natural structure standing out in the wilderness and it demands you to investigate.

“Did you see something, captain?” Tatyana asks.

You nod and approach the boulder cautiously, keeping your finger hovering slightly over the PPSh-41’s trigger just in case you need to lay down suppressive fire. The closer you get close to the boulder the more you suspect its existence has to do with spiritual ceremony or something similar. Your guess is proven to be correct when you see incense placed niftily at the base of the boulder, and there is only one thing that appears in your mind.

“Someone must be buried here.”

You examine the boulder closer. There is what seems to be a note carved on its surface but you can’t tell whether it’s Japanese or some other language. Tatyana, meanwhile, stays close to you, her ears twitching as they scan the surrounding area for incoming danger.

“Oh? What a human doing out here~”

Your attention breaks down. Quickly you turn to the source of the voice, but all you know is that your vision starts to blacken. Has night arrived already? That’s impossible! This blackness is too incredible to indicate night time. It’s as if someone is using black magic to invoke darkness and use it to obscure your eyes.

Tatyana clings onto your leg. “…I don’t like the feeling of this… captain, what should we do?”

“Stay close to me.” You aim the sub-machinegun at the darkness. “What do you want?” The voice behind the darkness giggles, and it does nothing to appease you. “Damn it. Do not make me resort to brute force, who and whatever you are.”

“Is that so~”

The darkness closes in.

[ ] open fire.
[ ] back off.

-------

Picture because we all could use some huge firepower in future time.
>>No. 18126
[x] open fire.

The muzzle flash might be bright enough to see Om Nom Nom before Ruskie becomes Om Nom Nom'd.
>>No. 18128
[x] Open fire.

They only shoot danmaku now, so it's fine.
>>No. 18129
[x] Open fire.
>>No. 18130
>>18128

I'm more concerned about her threat (Brute force) and the fact we have a bunny girl to protect. And I'm not sure if he has the senses need to compensate for the darkness. (Aka the enemy indicator from IN)

If we're lucky it might start a non-lethal battle.

the main concern isn't so much about hurting Mystia, but Ourselves and our bunny assistant.

Just my concerns that's all.
>>No. 18131
>>18130

You mean Rumia, right?
>>No. 18132
>>18131

Well I see it now in this case,

[x] Open Fire

There's not much room for discussion, nor retreat. Perhaps a show of force will scare her off.
>>No. 18133
[†] Open Fire!!!!!
>>No. 18134
[x] back off.

Caution. We're going to open fire, just as soon as we have a target to open fire upon.
>>No. 18136
[X] Back off until you have actually have a target, then open fire. Keep your eyes and ears peeled.

Casting Magic Missile into the darkness is not a good choice this time.
>>No. 18139
[X] Back off until you have actually have a target, then open fire. Keep your eyes and ears peeled.
>>No. 18140
[X] Back off until you have actually have a target, then open fire. Keep your eyes and ears peeled.
>>No. 18141
[ℤℯ] Back off until you have actually have a target, then open fire. Keep your eyes and ears peeled.
>>No. 18142
Vote is called. Seven minutes.
>>No. 18143
File 125675199797.jpg - (96.40KB, 850x481, 1209185510551.jpg) [iqdb]
18143
[ ] Back off until you have actually had a target, then open fire. Keep your eyes and ears peeled.

“Is that so?” you ask back.

The darkness stops. “Hey~ why did you copy my words?” You stay silent, and the darkness keeps asking the question before you hear a growl of frustration. “You’re no fun~ I only want to play with you~”

“No fun? Then what’s the fun from getting covered in the dark?” you chide. “Obviously, how are you supposed to find your meal if you don’t lift the curtain a bit?”

“What… what kind of question is that? Hey~ you aren’t answering~” You use the opportunity and signal at Tatyana to stay close to you as you back off, slowly inching away from the darkness as not to suddenly startle the person inside it. You take aim the PPSh-41 at the darkness, keeping your eyes and ears alert for any unwanted interference.

“Hey, Rumia! What are you doing?”

Shit. Another one?

You take a quick glance to the right and see a person donning a cape landing near the boulder. For Pete’s sake, just when you thought one threat is enough already. Still, you don’t allow yourself to show your distress to them or they’ll think of you as easy treat.

“Wriggle~ I found a human! And he’s making fun of me~”

The newcomer glances at you. “You mean that guy with the bunny over there? What’s up with them?”

“Well, he said I should put away this darkness so I can see him better. But I like it this way~”

Before you know it the darkness, which has dissipated to reveal a blonde girl in black-white getup, and the caped person are engaged in a conversation. Here’s your chance. “Tatyana, listen closely to what I’m going to tell you,” you speak in low voice. “See the can-like thing on my belt? That’s a stun grenade. Now, I want you to take it off and slowly give it to me; don’t make too much movement or we’ll alert them.” Tatyana nods and takes the stun grenade off the belt. “Are you done?”

“Yes.”

“Good. Now there’s a lid on it. Twist it but don’t take it off yet. Wait for my signal.”

“Okay.”

You pay attention to the two people. They don’t seem to notice you or the action you’re going to pull out. This is the best opportunity. “Ready, Tatyana?”

You hear a click. “I’m ready.”

“On three. One… two… three.”

Tatyana tosses the primed stun grenade, and time seems to slow down on your side as the incendiary makes its way towards the pair. The grenade lands near the caped person’s feet and detonates, therefore stunning both the person and the blonde girl. “Open fire.” You squeeze the trigger, and instantly your trustworthy PePeSha spews out hundreds of danmaku at them, immobilizing them but not fully knocking them out.

“Wha-whaaaaaat?? He knows danmaku, too?” the blonde cries out in shock.

“This guy is something!” the caped person shouts.

“Here’s our chance!” You snatch Tatyana by the waist and make a run for it, keeping the trigger squeezed to further keep them at bay. “Hold on tight!” You run down the clear path that you hope will lead you out of the forest and away from the threats.

“Hey! Wait up~”

You ignore the voice.

“Why didn’t you say you want to play danmaku?”

You pay the girl no attention.

“Are you afraid of me?”

You aren’t. You are not afraid. In fact, you aren’t a coward for running away from them. You don’t know the full capability of this newfound enemy and you are tactically at the worst position to be on the offensive.

“Captain! At the front!”

The girl appears in front of you, stopping you dead on track. What the hell? You thought you’ve outrun the girl (and maybe her partner)! “I love danmaku~ maybe we can become friends~” the girl says.

“Damn, you’re fast!”

“I’m fast?” The girl giggles even as she fixates her arms in crucifix position. “Is that so~”

You step back, only to see the caped person already standing not far behind you. Curse, you’re cornered. “That’s not fair, mister,” the caped person interjects. “You shot danmaku at us without even letting us prepare. And then you run away, too!”

“I think we should play with him for a while, Wriggle~” the blonde girl suggests. “Maybe we should do a spellcard battle?”

“Rumia, I don’t think he knows what a spellcard is,” the caped girl says.

“But he knows danmaku~” the blonde replies.

“Does that mean anything to you?” the caped girl asked.

“Of course it is~”

You can’t retreat, nor can you advance. You run out of stun grenade, either; that was the last incendiary you had. This is bad. This is really bad. You are now facing two girls you don’t know whatever trick they can pull out and toss them at you, and you only have the PPSh-41 at your disposal for self-defence. You can’t make any move without compromising your or Tatyana’s safety, and any miscalculated could cost both of you your lives.

Unless there’s some divine intervention.

But then again, who would jump in and save you from these people?

“Nice try, little soldier, nice try.”

A gap appears behind the blonde girl. Then a hand appears out of it and knocks the girl out with a chop on the nape of her neck. You hear a thud behind and see the caped girl lying face-flat on the ground, a similar gap hovering over her. You stay unmoving on your spot as the culprit (or saviour, even though you loathe the term right now) pops out of the gap.

Yukari.

Of all people.

Goddamn it.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you, shooting danmaku at these girls in self defence.” You grit your teeth. You so want to defend yourself regarding the action you’ve performed. “Of course that’s the only thing you could do to save yourself, because if you didn’t they would’ve turned you into dinner.” Yukari points her fan to the unconscious blonde girl. “Especially this one. She isn’t called the youkai of evening dark for nothing.”

Your emotion is a multiple-flavoured cocktail right now: anger, hatred, relieved, grateful, thankful, to name a few. You’re unable to say anything and anything. Your mind is so messed up you can’t even think coherently, and your body is shaking so violently the ground seems to be shaking with you as well.

“Well, what do you have to say for this self-proclaimed saviour…” Yukari opens the fan and hides her scheming smile behind it. “Little soldier?”

[ ] your respond?

-----------

Good riddance, people. You've barely managed to graze another BAD END. Now, go vent off your frustration at the Lady of Boundaries. I'm sure she doesn't mind verbal abuse.
>>No. 18144
[x] "Despite your vexing ways, I do owe you my thanks this time for saving us."
[x] "What do I owe the 'pleasure' of your visit?"

Just something for starters.
>>No. 18145
[X] 'Yob Tvoyu Mat, Yukarin. Save me a thousand times more and we'll call it even'
[X] 'That's all I have to say to you'
>>No. 18146
[X] 'Yob Tvoyu Mat, Yukarin. Save me a thousand times more and we'll call it even'
[X] 'That's all I have to say to you'
>>No. 18147
[x] "Despite your vexing ways, I do owe you my thanks this time for saving us."
[x] "What do I owe the 'pleasure' of your visit?"

Be nice, Anon. She's not that bad.
>>No. 18148
>>18147
She isn't... for me.
Ivanov, on the other hand, hates Yukari with passion. Gotta stay on-character and all that

Besdies,
>Now, go vent off your frustration at the Lady of Boundaries. I'm sure she doesn't mind verbal abuse.
>>No. 18149
[x] 'Yob Tvoyu Mat, Yukarin. Save me a thousand times more and we'll call it even'
[x] 'That's all I have to say to you'
>>No. 18150
File 125677152389.png - (805.62KB, 800x450, Wallcw.png) [iqdb]
18150
>Yob Tvoyu Mat

Translation? I can't trust Babelfish or Google translator to help me.
>>No. 18151
>>18150
No babelfish but I tried UD. Came up with this:

"Is a russian phrase. One of the words means mother, you do the math." -Robin Williams
>>No. 18152
Alright. Update is on the way. Please wait warmly...
>>No. 18153
File 125678346679.jpg - (233.47KB, 845x1200, e49156f89a224e7acb88073qu0.jpg) [iqdb]
18153
[x] “Yob Tyovu Mat, Yukarin. Save me a thousand times more and we’ll call it even.”
[x] “That’s all I have to say to you.”


Yob Tyovu Mat, Yukarin. Save me a thousand times more and we’ll call it even.” You put Tatyana onto the ground, who later quickly hides behind your legs. “That’s all I have to say to you.”

Yukari frowns. “What? After all the troubles I have to go through just to save you, that is how you thank me?” She sighs. “Seriously, little soldier, what kind of problem you have with me?”

“Everything.” You lock and load the PPSh-41. “First, you appeared at the hot-spring and never bothered to respect my privacy. Second, you brought me here, to Gensokyo, without ever realizing that the Motherland still needs my service. Three, you kicked me on my kidney. Fourth, you appeared in my dream and told me to take it easy. Finally.” You take aim at Yukari. “I don’t need your help. I can take care of these girls myself.”

“Oh, come on.” Yukari’s eyelashes flutter behind the fan, and the gesture does nothing more than to annoy you. “I do that because I’m concerned of your welfare. Now, be nice and put away the gun. You don’t want to accidentally pull the trigger, do you?”

“Besides.” She turns her face away from you, and you can’t help noticing a bashful look on it, although you suspect it’s just her ploy. “You don’t have to curse at me. It’s rather unfair since you have treated the secluded princess nicely, too~” She flutters her eyelashes again. “And… Yukarin? I’m flattered you call me with that moniker~ ah, how gentlemanly of you.”

“Alright then.” You lower the sub-machinegun. “My apology for the verbal abuse, but that still doesn’t mean I will forgive you. And don’t ever involve Kaguya in this, whatever your intention is.”

“Ah~ already paying attention to the Lunarian princess, I see.” Yukari chuckles, albeit rather foxily in a way that further fuels your mistrust towards her. “That’s very sweet of you. Maybe I should endorse both of you after this, but first thing first:” She closes the fan and points it towards you. “I can return the insult in thirteen different languages if you like, but that will give you a very ill impression of this caretaker. And I don’t really like giving my guest a bad impression of myself.”

“Impression? You?” You laugh. “Don’t try to pull my leg here. All I know is that you need to stop badmouthing the Motherland,” you reply. “You need to stop doing that, and you will stop it now. Or else.” You aim the PPSh-41 back at her. “You’ll end up like those twos.”

“Oooo… nice move there, little soldier, but I wouldn’t recommend doing that,” Yukari warms, wagging her finger at you to emphasize it. “Like Wriggle said, you don’t know what a spellcard is. Though I have to admit you have grasped the essence of danmaku quite well. Hmm… I wonder…”

She waves her hand forward. Suddenly you find yourself falling into a gap and you begin your descent into the nothingness along with Tatyana who is still clinging onto you. What the hell? Where is Yukari taking you? You just hope she won’t throw you into a vortex or something, but whatever it is the journey is beginning to feel unreal, as if you’re about to be trapped in an endless space without a destination to head to.

Finally you reach the end of the road. Another gap opens up and you fall out of the mysterious space, and land on your butt first; Tatyana is the less fortunate as she falls flat on her face, and she moans in pain as she rubs her hurt nose. You look around and find yourself near a shop at the outskirt of the forest.

Yukari lands next to you rather elegantly. “Here we are. Shop that sells everything you can find at the outside world - Kourindou.” She approaches the shop but halts and turns back at you. “Well, are you just going to sit there? It’s going to rain over here, so get inside.”

[ ] do nothing at first. Just sit and try to understand what has happened.
[ ] follow her and go inside Kourindou.
[ ] decline and head back to Eientei. Thank Yukari for getting you out of the forest, though.
>>No. 18154
File 125678372339.jpg - (229.77KB, 744x997, sample-961436b9227cf46d31a8a9c0180d4a2f.jpg) [iqdb]
18154
>>18153
>Yob Tyovu Mat

Spelling error, rage, etc.

And I can't help thinking of Yukari as Gensokyo's very own G-Man after working on this update.
>>No. 18155
[x] follow her and go inside Kourindou.

Let's see what the man has for sale, since being an outsider I think we can talk a nice price.

>>18148

I did that write in as to show an attempt at a civil tone despite his anger. Since if someone saved your neck despite all else you'd try to thank them, though not in the warmest terms.

It's this hardheadedness that leads to trouble and makes more problems, just ask Sigurd.
>>No. 18156
[x] follow her and go inside Kourindou.
>>No. 18157
[x] follow her and go inside Kourindou
No harm in playing along for now
>>No. 18159
[x] follow her and go inside Kourindou.
>>No. 18160
[X] follow her and go inside Kourindou.

This seems legit.
>>No. 18161
File 125681008653.jpg - (33.86KB, 400x400, ChuugokuShokku.jpg) [iqdb]
18161
Writefag here.

With the amounts of shitstorm and rage I've come across (picture posted to show my reaction to those), I suddenly realize that this story may as well become the next target if I'm not careful enough. I'm aware that not all may like my writing style and narration, and at such I'm asking people here if there is anything I can do to improve this story in general. I'm not seeking for publicity, but rather I'm doing this to make sure I won't run into problems in the future.

Sage for not actually updating.
>>No. 18162
>>18161

As far as I'm concerned if we thought you were shit we'd be screaming for the death of your story.

I've got a personal complaint though. Capitalize the vote options.
>>No. 18163
>>18162
Duly noted, and thanks.
>>No. 18165
>>18161
Ignore that mountain of faggots and stay on track. Your history is pretty good.
In fact, if you can't see the difference between your story and the two 'things' that have been exterminated, then I might have to label you as short-sighted, for lack of a stronger word.
>>No. 18166
File 125683519246.jpg - (74.83KB, 557x779, 1212888688721.jpg) [iqdb]
18166
[ ] Follow her and go inside Kourindou.

You look up to the sky. Sure enough, the dark clouds are already rolling in, and you can hear thunderclaps roaring near the horizon. You stand up and help Tatyana getting off the ground before you approach Yukari. “You better not have anything to hide from me,” you speak.

Yukari chuckles. “Trust me on this one,” she says as she steps into the premise.

You sigh and just follow her lead with Tatyana closely tagging you. “Come, Tatyana. Maybe we can find something to bring back to Eientei.”

“Okay.”

Upon entry into the shop you can’t help getting amazed by the amount of goods presented on the shelves and the walls. Sure, you can hardly recognize most of the items, but this is a shop per se. It demands you to investigate, and that’s the first thing in mind.

“What do you exactly mean by ‘everything you can find at the outside world’, Yukari?” you ask as you approach one of the tables. There’s a device of sort that resembles the field radio troops used to communicate with each other across the streets in Stalingrad but it’s out of commission. Yukari doesn’t answer, and a quick glance over your shoulder reveals why: she’s reading a magazine while standing near the counter, apparently unaware of what you’re doing. It’s as if she’s immersed inside a world of her own, completely oblivious of the surrounding environment as her eyes are peeled upon the magazine’s content. You can only make a guess on what she’s reading, though.

“Find anything?” Tatyana asks.

“Nope. What about you?”

The bunny girl giggles and shows you a T-shirt. While the design looks to be too sophisticated for your taste, you’re more interested in the slogan printed on it, which says “On your feet, soldier! We are leaving!” “Can I have this? It looks cool,” she asks.

“Yeah, sure. Go tell Yukari; she’ll probably pay it for you.” Tatyana sulks at the answer but quickly laughs and meets Yukari to show her the item. You examine the field radio before you leave it and approach the nearby cabinet. There seems to be some clothing here as well, most of which are from eras you don’t and probably won’t recognize. Fur coats, gloves, plain shirt, worker’s pants, boots and the likes. There are also various combat gears below the clothes although looking at them, none of the items seems to pique your interest. A bayonet, a foldable shovel, a double-barrelled shotgun, and is that a Molotov cocktail?

You hear footsteps coming from the back of the shop. You turn around and see a man in stark white hair wearing a curiously designed blue/black robe. His expression when he sees you can only be described as a mixture of elation and interest. Go figure; he may never see a soldier in his life before.

“Hello, Kourin,” Yukari greets the man. “Sorry for coming in without calling you.”

“Not to worry,” the man replies and fixes his slipping glasses’ position. “I had to get the heater started and running, anyway. Don’t you think it’s a bit early for the rain to come?”

“Who knows.” Yukari beams at you and giggles. “While we’re at it, I believe this man needs some help in finding items he needs.”

“Oh?” The man looks at you. “Who is this? A fellow of yours?”

“You can say that,” the Lady of Boundaries says.

“I see if I can help him with anything.” He approaches you, but you pay him no attention and keep examining the gasoline bomb. “May I ask your business, sir?”

[ ] “I’m just browsing here. Or rather… I unwillingly have to accompany Yukari while waiting for the rain to subside.”
[ ] “Do you have more of this?” and shows him the Molotov.

Feel free to add anything relevant.

---------------------

>>18165
Thanks again. I'm relieved to hear this.
>>No. 18167
[Q] “Do you have more of this?” and show him the Molotov.
>>No. 18168
[x] “Do you have more of this?” and shows him the Molotov.
[x] Ask to perhaps inspect some weapons, as to show off your weapons knowledge.

Since Rinnosuke could always use a hand identifying some stuff fully. (His power isn't perfect), and perhaps get a price cut.
>>No. 18171
File 125683700959.jpg - (211.25KB, 850x1190, sample-f7b5fbbe0f49744c8c17f8cf3fddfc6f.jpg) [iqdb]
18171
Heads up: we're probably going to be stuck with Yukari at Kourindou until the rain subsides, so expect some not-so-friendly conversation with the Lady of Boundaries. Why am I saying this? Because chances are she will reveal to us the inconvenient truth of our post-WW2 world, and it's not going to be pretty.
>>No. 18173
[x] “Do you have more of this?” and shows him the Molotov.
[x] Ask to perhaps inspect some weapons, as to show off your weapons knowledge.
>>No. 18174
[x] “Do you have more of this?” and shows him the Molotov.
[x] Ask to perhaps inspect some weapons, as to show off your weapons knowledge.
>>No. 18175
>>18171
Awesome.

[x] “Do you have more of this?” and shows him the Molotov.
[x] Ask to perhaps inspect some weapons, as to show off your weapons knowledge.
>>No. 18176
[x] “Do you have more of this?” and shows him the Molotov.
[x] Ask to perhaps inspect some weapons, as to show off your weapons knowledge.
>>No. 18177
Why would we need to buy more molotov cocktails, it's called a homemade weapon for a reason.
>>No. 18178
>>18177
This. And who the hell keeps a molotov cocktail around, anyway?

...Maybe the same mysterious group of people who keep piles of oily rags just lying around that lighter and match manufacturers are always so worried about.
>>No. 18179
File 125687226939.jpg - (64.08KB, 450x600, Sidolowka_satchel_molotov.jpg) [iqdb]
18179
>>18177
>>18178

ORZ
>>No. 18180
[x] Ask to perhaps inspect some weapons, as to show off your weapons knowledge.

As long as you have kerosene, a breakable container, an oily rag and a match this shouldn't be buying molotovs unless if you're lazy.

Like me.
>>No. 18183
File 125690086112.jpg - (209.41KB, 1024x768, shot0027.jpg) [iqdb]
18183
[ ] “Do you have more of this?” and shows him the Molotov.
[ ] Ask to perhaps inspect some weapons, as to show off your weapon knowledge.


“Do you have more of this?” You can see Yukari smiling as you show the Molotov to the spectacled shopkeeper.

“Oh, this thing? Yes, we have more at the storage room.” You’re curious; why would this shop go to an extent to have a supply of Molotov, since the ingredients to make the bomb are readily available and can be home-prepared. “Of course. Would you like to hear its explanation?”

You can see Yukari smirking over the question, but pay her no attention. “Sure, why not.”

The man corrects his glasses, which seem to slip off his face again, before he takes the bottle off your hand. “Regarding this beverage, you’re supposed to pour it in a glass and set it on fire before you drink it. Its high alcohol level helps you in keeping your energy on its peak, though nobody seems to be interested in trying it.”

Yukari can be seen covering her mouth behind the fan, clearly trying to suppress her laughs. You frown. What kind of nonsense he’s talking of? Clearly, this man needs to be taught a lesson on weapon history. “No, my friend, no. Molotov cocktail doesn’t work that way,” you answer.

“Excuse me?”

“I’m a soldier, and I have used this in the battlefield, so I know what it is.” You, then, proceed to correct the explanation and lay out the details on how the ‘beverage’ is produced and distributed to troops. Rinnosuke’s eyes widen, as if he’s been struck by a bolt of revelation, and quickly he shakes your hand as you end the explanation.

“Thank you very, VERY much for the help, sir! I wouldn’t know what a Molotov cocktail is if it wasn’t for you!” Rinnosuke exclaims while he keeps shaking your hand. You don’t feel like you’ve done anything important to him, apart from correcting the fact, but you don’t exactly welcome this over-exaggeration and shrug off. “My apology for this over-reaction,” he utters.

“I’m just stating the obvious, Mister Shopkeeper,” you answer. “Besides, who the hell would drink petrol bomb for leisure?”

“There is one, little soldier,” Yukari answers. “But I’m not telling you that. Just because.”

“Oh, just keep quiet, Yukari,” you sigh.

The Lady of Boundaries giggles. “As you wish.”

“Anyway, Mister Shopkeeper, your shop doesn’t happen to have a collection of weapons to be displayed, does it?” you ask. “I’d like to inspect them, if you will.”

“Please, I find myself in an awkward position when you call me with the moniker,” he answer. “Rinnosuke is fine.”

“Or you can call him Kourin,” Yukari teasingly adds. Is it you or did you just see a flustered look on this fellow’s otherwise stoic face? “Fufufufufufufu~ Kourin is a river in Africa~”

You ignore the antic and sport a salute. “Captain Yuri Ivanov, Third Guards Rifle Division, Soviet Red Army.” You drop the salute and offer him a proper handshake, which he gladly accepts. “It’s an honour to meet you, Mister Rinnosuke.”

“I-I’m flattered, Mister Ivanov.” Rinnosuke coughs as to maintain his posture. “Yes, of course. The weapons. This way.” You follow Rinnosuke to the backdoor and head to the storage room, stumbling across more and more items that are packed along both sides of the alley. You can’t help getting amazed if anyone could navigate through the shop with these merchandises blocking the passage, but Rinnosuke seems to have no problem with it.

Eventually both of you arrive at the storage room. “Well, here we are,” Rinnosuke speaks and turns on the light. “Sorry for the lack of tidiness. I haven’t had any chance to clean the mess for two weeks, you see.” You take some time to observe the room and can’t help feeling sorry for this fellow shopkeeper of yours. Most of the crates have their lids peeled off, the weapons are scattered disorderly, and cartridges are littering the floor. This is not a mess; this is a disaster. Something has to be done about this.

“Need some hands, gentlemen?” Yukari asks as she pops up behind you, earning her an angry snarl from you.

“That’s a surprise,” Rinnosuke remarks. “You don’t usually offer some help to anyone, let alone today.”

Yukari giggles. “Silly Kourin; like I’m going to do the hard labour.” She puts her free hand into a materializing gap and pulls a person out of it. The person falls onto her behind and groans once as she looks up at Yukari in dissatisfaction.

“What was that for, Miss Yukari? I was going to attend Chen until she’s asleep, you know.”

Yukari points towards the mess, and the new person looks at it before she shakes her head. “…sigh, why do I get to do all the works?”

“Because you are my familiar, of course,” Yukari answers. “Now go help these fellows cleaning this room while this Yukarin plays with the cute bunny at the counter. Until then, toodles~”

Yukari leaves. The person sighs before stands up and tidies herself. She, then, turns to you and bows. “I’m sorry on behalf of Miss Yukari. She can be… unreliable at times,” she says. You stare at not her face but at the nine tails that stick out of her back, and she seems to realize the situation before she apologizes. “My name is Ran Yakumo, Miss Yukari’s assistant. I’m also a Kyubi - that’s ‘nine-tailed fox’ for you.”

You give her a quick salute. “Captain Yuri Ivanov. It’s an honour to meet you.”

“It is my pleasure as well. Now, let’s get this task done so I can get back to attending Chen,” Ran says and folds her elongated sleeves. “Just tell me what I need to do.”

You and Rinnosuke nod, and the three of you begin your work, arranging the crates back to their supposed order and gathering the cartridges in one place. You use the opportunity to identify some weapons you can recognize and describe their functions to Rinnosuke, who seems to be paying full attention towards the lecture. Occasionally Yukari and Tatyana barge in to see the progress, and Ran has to shoo them away before they create another mess, infuriated when Yukari teasingly reminds her to take it easy. You can only wonder at the dynamic of Yukari and her assistant’s relationship, since it seems to you that Ran is the one who’s in charge instead of the woman.

“That reminds me, Mister Ivanov,” Rinnosuke says as he puts a box of fragmentation grenades near the door. “You said you’re from the Soviet Red Army, so that means you from the World War Two era, right?”

“That is correct, Mister Rinnosuke,” you answer while inspecting a sniper scope. “I’m among thousands of soldiers sent to liberate our city Stalingrad from the vice grip of the Nazi invaders. I am proud to have served the Motherland and I will continue to serve her whenever she needs me.” You show him the scope. “I’ll take this one. How much do I have to pay?”

“Ah, well… you can take it for free.” You bat an eyebrow; that’s quite a surprise. “People in Gensokyo don’t see any use in these weapons, and I’m thinking of discarding these weapons to make way for new supply.”

“Discarding? That’s a waste of resource,” you remark. “I’m beginning to think to equip my squad with proper armaments when I get back to Eientei, you see.”

“It can’t be helped, considering that we don’t use conventional weapons in danmaku battle,” Ran speaks after she arranges a bunch of bolt-action rifles on the wall. “In fact, weapons like the sub-machinegun you’re holding right now are considered obsolete by Gensokyo’s standard, whether you like it or not.”

[ ] Debate.
[ ] Do not debate.
>>No. 18184
[x] Debate.
>>No. 18185
[x] Debate.
>>No. 18192
[x] Debate.

In character and he has yet to see anything superior.
>>No. 18193
File 125692149542.jpg - (17.00KB, 320x240, 1172444057756.jpg) [iqdb]
18193
Anon, don't you think my updating pace is a bit too fast for anyone to catch up? Because if it is, I should take it easy some rest instead of keeping myself glued on the keyboard and staring at the screen. Yeah, I'm pretty much tired right now.
>>No. 18194
[x] Debate.
I want to see her face when she finds out about modern machine guns... and the cold war.
>>No. 18195
>>18193
There has been 6 hours since the last update. We appreciate your effort, but you should check every 10 hours or so.
THP in general and Eientei in particular are quite slow nowadays...
>>No. 18199
File 125692322961.jpg - (126.08KB, 650x800, 1235548922534.jpg) [iqdb]
18199
>>18194
You must be referring to Ivanov, right?

>>18195
Thanks. I'll take note of that.

On related note, I'll have the next update posted either here or in a new thread since this current thread is almost reaching autosage.

Picture not related. Kind of.
>>No. 18200
[x] Debate.
>>No. 18202
>>18199

But this speed might get more people reading it, and perhaps cause certain LAZY writers to actually get back to work, but it's up to you.

Don't break yourself updating after all.
>>No. 18214
>>18202
Mmmhhh good point. You can try and be an example for all others writefags.
On the matter, I promise to vote twice per day. It may not be much but...

[x] Debate.
>>No. 18218
[X] Debate.

:P You got a WWII veteran, Ran. Handle it.

Taking it easy is just an option. My updates is extremely slow if I ever do a CYOA.
>>No. 18221
[x] Debate.

The machine gun is a great equalizer of men. To Ivanov, more than being simply set in his ways, it would also hold a symbolic meaning.
>>No. 18225
[ℤℯ] Debate.
>>No. 18236
[x] Debate
I somewhat expect us to be on the good side of this if the debate is kept civil, what with the whole intellectual tactician angle she is said to have.
>>No. 18248
Writefag here, and sorry for my absence this weekend.

I was going to continue with the update, but seeing that Anon is interested in Ran/Ivanov conversation, I will consider including it. Expect the update to be ready by the end of this day.

Hmm... wonder if Ran knows the Great Patriotic War...
>>No. 18252
File 125714926887.jpg - (29.84KB, 450x299, 1224686129656.jpg) [iqdb]
18252
[ ] Debate.

“What are you trying to imply here?” you say. “Unless if you’re telling me on how to defend myself against the enemy, I have that covered.” You give the PaPaSha a soft tap on its receiver. “This fellow has saved my back many times in the streets of Moscow, Stalingrad, Kiev and Kurland. If it had saved me back there, it will do exactly the same thing here.”

A raised eyebrow suggests that Ran isn’t amused with the answer. “That wasn’t what I was talking of. I was referring to the incompatibility of such weaponry in Gensokyo’s environment. Wait a minute.” She stares at your face, as if she’s sensing something amiss; she shakes her head, indicating that she’s found it. “Don’t tell me that Miss Yukari hasn’t told you on how things really function in Gensokyo.”

“Not if I can remember,” you answer.

Ran shakes her head in contempt. “That Yukari… seriously… anyway, your best bet is to modify your weapons accordingly to deal with the creatures, or leave them to the experts. Not even your gunmanship will help you in case you stumble across a youkai.”

“That doesn’t make sense,” you speak. “I already have my weapons equipped with danmaku cartridges - or whatever Miss Eirin wants me to believe. She said I should be able to survive Gensokyo after the modification.”

“Let me see your weapon please, Mister Ivanov.” You give him the sub-machinegun and he wastes no time in examining it, although you don’t see him trying to dissemble the weapon. He nods a couple of times and returns the weapon to you. “Yup. He’s got the danmaku part covered.”

“Tell me, who had you fought with the modified weapon since your arrival?” Ran asks.

“I haven’t had any chance to use the full potential of the danmaku enhancement,” you speak. “Except when I was forced to face that darkness girl and her caped friend, and Alice. The first two were easy meat, though they did outrun me. Alice was a different case, since she had managed to use the dolls to absorb the bullet. I had almost fallen into one of her… doll-manipulation tactics for the lack of better term but I prevailed. Very impressive, if you ask me.”

“Is there anyone else you had fought with?” Ran asks again.

You nod. “Marisa was my other opponent, but it was more of physical encounter than shooting contest. Truth to be told, if I didn’t dodge the tackle - and she had tried twice - I wouldn’t be here helping you with the stashes.” Ran frowns, her chin rested upon her hand in a thinking gesture, and this makes you curious. “Is there something wrong?”

“Strange…” is the only word Ran utters. “Not many people have the capability to take on Marisa, much less anyone from the outside. Unless…”

“Unless what? You’re telling me there is something wrong with me?” you inquire.

“It’s best that you forward your question to Yukari herself, even if Ran has the authority to answer most of them,” Rinnosuke suggests. “I may not know of why she chose to bring you here, but I get the feeling that she has put an interest in your capability.”

Ran nods. “I can’t agree anymore.”

You snort. “You two don’t get it. My only priority is to ask Yukari to bring me back to the battlefield so I can help my comrades in repelling the German advances.” Your hand clenched into a taut fist, you heave in a deep, exasperated sigh. “I don’t care of what she wants from me, but right now she needs to take me back to the Motherland, and she also needs to stop badmouthing her.”

Ran nods. “So you’re saying that you’ll leave Eientei behind and go back to your world. Now, Mister Ivanov, I’m not suggesting that you should forget about your nation and stay in Gensokyo instead, but at least you should owe them for their deed.” The fox lady shrugs. “Now, instead of arguing over this matter why don’t we get this work done so we can go home early?”

You decide to keep the question in view until you approach Yukari. Rinnosuke is right; whatever the answer you may be getting, the Lady of Boundaries is the only person you can expect to hear explanation. Ran is also correct; in spite of your insistence to return to the frontline and fight together with your comrades, you find yourself indebted to the Eientei folks, Kaguya especially, and you can’t just leave them behind, can you? After all, who’s going to help them complete their training course when you’re gone?

“By the way, Mister Ivanov, I have a question to ask and I am sorry if this may offend you,” Ran says, “but what kind of business you really have with the Eientei folks?”

[ ] Answer the question.
[ ] Don’t answer and change the topic.

If you decide to answer:
[ ] Tell Ran it’s your duty as a soldier of the Red Army to prepare them (Kaguya, Reisen, Tewi and Aya) for upcoming battles, and that you have the responsibility to shape them into better people.
[ ] Tell Ran you have no idea. Honestly, what business does a Soviet soldier have with a bunch of moon people?

If you decide to change topic:
[ ] Ask Rinnosuke…
- [ ] …of how long he has established the shop.
- [ ] …if he knows anything about Marisa.
- [ ] …of where he got the weapon supply.
[ ] Ask Ran…
- [ ] …about Yukari.
- [ ] …about Chen.
- [ ] …about herself.
- [ ] …about World War Two and how much she knows.

Damn, I can’t find any way to insert the conversation I had intended to put in, so it will have to be done in the next update, which will be posted in new thread. Sorry for that.
>>No. 18253
[x] Answer the question.
[x] Tell Ran it’s your duty as a soldier of the Red Army to prepare them (Kaguya, Reisen, Tewi and Aya) for upcoming battles, and that you have the responsibility to shape them into better people.
>>No. 18254
>- [ ] …about World War Two and how much she knows.

You mean the Great Patriotic War?
>>No. 18255
File 12571648475.png - (291.15KB, 500x600, fa81475a72dc728e24fc2caf2eae6f62.png) [iqdb]
18255
>>18254
Yeah, I was referring to that. Sorry for not stating it clearly, though discussing about the war in general isn't going to hurt, is it?

Well, thread is almost at autosage, so update will be posted in new thread.
>>No. 18256
[x] Answer the question.
[x] Tell Ran it’s your duty as a soldier of the Red Army to prepare them (Kaguya, Reisen, Tewi and Aya) for upcoming battles, and that you have the responsibility to shape them into better people.
Kaguya and Reisen are already more in peace with themselves. Today Eientei, later the WORLD!

[X] Ask Ran…
- [X] …about Yukari.
- [X] …about herself.
- [X] …about the Great Patriotic War and how much she knows.
>>No. 18257
>1224686129656.jpg

"There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?"

[x] Answer the question.
[x] Tell Ran it’s your duty as a soldier of the Red Army to prepare them (Kaguya, Reisen, Tewi and Aya) for upcoming battles, and that you have the responsibility to shape them into better people.

Of course by 'people' we mean 'flag-bearers of the Revolution'.
>>No. 18258
[X] Answer the question.

[X] Tell Ran it’s your duty as a soldier of the Red Army to prepare them (Kaguya, Reisen, Tewi and Aya) for upcoming battles, and that you have the responsibility to shape them into better people.
>>No. 18259
[x] Answer the question.
[x] Tell Ran it’s your duty as a soldier of the Red Army to prepare them (Kaguya, Reisen, Tewi and Aya) for upcoming battles, and that you have the responsibility to shape them into better people.
>>No. 25274
Mentor factory outlets provide you with the same merchandise as being a typical store. You'll find types which aren't popular anymore (roughly considered), lots of bags that were manufactured and are surplus, [url=http://www.coach2jp.com/]コーチ財布[/url],[url=http://www.coach-your.com/]財布コーチ[/url],[url=http://www.coachtojapan.com/]コーチ[
/url] have experienced modest flaws. The purses shown at an outlet retailer are searched for and also obtained by many folkshttp://www.coach-your.com/,http://www.coach-your.com/,http://www.coachtojapan.com/


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x