- [WT] [Home] [Manage]
[Show or hide post box]

Fey Spirit | THP - The destination for Touhou Project fans
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Subject   (reply to 30126)
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 150952566965.png - (416.42KB, 720x720, I needed a fairy pic and i don't know what ki.png) [iqdb]
30126 No. 30126
Located Somewhere at the base of the esteemed Youkai Mountain lie a pair of shrines. These shrines are lovely, if humble little things dedicated to the Godess of Changing Leaves and her younger sister, the Godess of Harvest. You know you're supposed to get to those shrines to get this little game started, but ever since the 'board' was set nothing has been easy to find. The Mountain is ringed by walls now, for one, and the shrine, normally easy to reach, is located in the only easy to access area on the base of the mountain. You'd fly there, quick as a wink, too, but there's just one problem...

You can't fly. And neither can most anybody else anymore now that weight is an issue.

You dont really remember much, save that the rules were thrown together quickly. You also remember grabbing your favorite costume quickly. You don't even have time to check what you're wearing, because if there's one thing you remember about the rules was that one thing everyone agreed on was that this game was going to be hard.

You're located at the Base of the Youkai Mountain at the edge of The Bowl. You're currently in a place you remember being called a 'Test Area' for the 'Open Baytah'. You don't know what a 'Baytah' actually is, but you do remember that it was impressed upon you that this area and everything in it was not final and subject to change in the final release. All of this is a bit much for you to take in. You're not the brightest thing in the woods, being a fairy and all.

In this little clearing you find to your back a wall, you are ringed by trees and there is a single path open to you directly in front of you. You got here by sliding down the wall a good few feet and there's no way to climb back up. You're currently wearing a Beta Tester's Concealing Robe. You're armed with a Beta Tester's Knife in your Right Hand. In the pocket of your robe is a Beta Tester's Amulet. What do you do?


[ ] Attack
- [ ] Right Hand
- [ ] Left Hand
- [ ] Right Leg
- [ ] Left Leg
- [ ] Other
[ ] Talk
- [ ] To who?
[ ] Inspect
- [ ] What do you inspect?
[ ] Peruse Inventory
[ ] Think about your Situation
[ ] {/Input Command}


This is an entry for NaNoWriMo that has consumed far too much planning time. Editing will be not so good because OH SHIT, UPDATES GOTTA HAPPEN.

If no vote is leading by the time i call (Which can be any time in the day after a post goes up) I'll flip a coin or roll a die or something to select the final product.

https://www.touhou-project.com/gensokyo/res/15189.html <-NaNoWriMo thread!
Expand all images
>> No. 30127
[x] Follow path.

Platemask! You're alive!
>> No. 30128
[x] {/Input Command}
-[x] Go Dennis

another quest from platemask goes to die and be abandoned
>> No. 30129
[x] Inspect self

Eirin says to inspect yourself daily for growths and lumps.

Also, welcome back, fellow mask. Don't go disappearing too soon, now.
>> No. 30130
i'm aiming for PLATINUM!

This story is the reason the other stories lie undisturbed, and I just happened to find the perfect excuse to give it a test run

Votes called either when there's a tie-breaker or within the hour, whichever happens first.
>> No. 30131
We're calling it by dice for Self-Inspection. Update in a bit.
>> No. 30132
You examine yourself. Under the hooded, ratty, faded robe is a your body, hidden under bulky gauze. You've been told not to remove it until you reach the shrine and speak to a godess, least you not recieve your blessing. You know that the game is going to be hard enough as it is, so you probably want to get that blessing. You have two arms, two legs, a functioning pair of eyes and that's all you can tell for sure. The bulk of everything under your gauze, while not impeeding your ability to move or anything, makes it impossible to tell much of anything else. Even your hair is under your gauze.

ABOVE the gauze is your robes, concealing and covering your body as best they could, like a jumbo hooded poncho. Your poncho is a faded khaki and just a little holey. It might keep you warm on a cold night, but it hopefully shouldn't come to that before you find your way home.
>> No. 30133
[ ] Attack
- [ ] Right Hand
- [ ] Left Hand
- [ ] Right Leg
- [ ] Left Leg
- [ ] Other
[ ] Talk
- [ ] To who?
[ ] Inspect
- [ ] What do you inspect?
[ ] Peruse Inventory
[ ] Think about your Situation
[ ] {/Input Command}
>> No. 30134
[x] Roll down the path.

Channel the spirit of Fred Durst.
>> No. 30135
[x] Follow path.
>> No. 30137
We're [X] Following the path it looks like!

A few experimental [X] Rolls may be thrown in.
>> No. 30138
You march your way down the path, wondering just what the heck could be so important under the gauze that you weren't allowed to see a single detail of yourself, or even remember it. You aren't coming to any conclusions thinking about things, so maybe you should just roll with it. Speaking of rolling...


You tumble forward and down the path, feeling the rocks on your back. It was a quick roll, it was, but not exactly the QUICKEST roll...
You decide to roll a few more times.


Maybe you should stop rolling. You're getting kind of winded... Taking a moment to catch your breath, you spot something ahead. Is that...? That's not something friendly, is it?

It's a couple of not-friendly somethings.

At least you THINK they're not-friendly somethings...


[ ] Attack
- [ ] Right Hand
- [ ] Left Hand
- [ ] Right Leg
- [ ] Left Leg
- [ ] Other
[ ] Talk
- [ ] To who?
[ ] Inspect
- [ ] What do you inspect?
[ ] Peruse Inventory
[ ] Think about your Situation
[ ] {/Input Command}
>> No. 30139
>> No. 30140
[x] Inspect
- [x] Possibly not-friendly somethings.
- [x] From a safe distance, just in case.

Wouldn't want to go attacking any cuccos now would we.
>> No. 30141
[x] Attack

>> No. 30142
>> No. 30143
File 150976956636.png - (755.72KB, 1070x1920, Sorry I don't have a pic for you again have a.png) [iqdb]
You roll at the creatures without even bothering to check what the are. You even growl a little bit.

You're adorable.

The things shake in surprise, as though being woken from a nap. One of them does, at least. The other stumbles forward, on to its face. You just keep tumbling at it though...

You stop, actually. That's REALLY exhausting...

The thing just sort of lays there in the dirt, as though unsure of what to do with itself. The other thing pulls something that looks like the stub of what may have once been a blade from under its robes and gives a pained, hollow cry. VERY slowly.

You are catching your breath and are fighting ???, who is knocked down and ???, who has armed themself.
YOU: Catching your breath!
???: Floored!
???: Idle

As this is the first fight, you can have the first move! What do you do?

You've unlocked a new skill! Congratulations! Please be sure you use {Roll} wisely!

[ ] Attack
- [ ] Right Hand
- [ ] Left Hand
- [ ] Right Leg
- [ ] Left Leg
- [ ] Other
[ ] Talk
- [ ] To who?
[ ] Inspect
- [ ] What do you inspect?
[ ] ROLL
[ ] Peruse Inventory
[ ] Think about your Situation
[ ] {/Input Command}
>> No. 30144
[x] ROLL

>> No. 30145

Let's max the level of this skill so that we can have an ultimate version of it.
>> No. 30146
[X] Back off a bit to recover stamina
- [X] So that we can ROLL MORE

Stamina management is important. We're not gonna do much rolling without a quick breather.
>> No. 30147
File 150979724771.webm - (3.99MB, shameless repost.webm) [iqdb]
[x] ROLL
>> No. 30149
[X] Take a breather

Update rolling in today, either soon, or in MANY HOURS depending on my working schedule.
>> No. 30150
File 150982476339.jpg - (4.23KB, 251x201, HAHAHAHA DO YOU GET THE JOKE.jpg) [iqdb]
You roll! You roll and roll and roll! ROLLY ROLL! Your aggressive rolling is to be praised, as, for a first timer, your aggressive rolling is impressive. The only thing to do with such impressive rolls is to roll even more, though, right?

Roll faster! Faster! Roll faster still! Roll until you-


You... You might need a second...

As you take a moment to catch your breath (and settle your stomach), you take stock of the situation real quick. The first guy you knocked down is crawling to its feet, slow and laboured. The second guy is flat on his back. You're really out of breath! Man, all that rolling is tiring!

As you're breathing, the first guy has time to drag itself back to its feet, pulling that scrap of a weapon from its robes. It doesn't look happy. The second guy is dragging itself to its feet as you begin to breath steadily again.


???: Idle
???: Floored!
YOU: Idle


Update 0.2.2! "The wording of Attack Commands has been shortened for Player Convenience. The first two foes are now only Staggered by rolling instead of Floored for balancing's sake."

[ ] Attack
- [ ] How? What Limb or Weapon?
- [ ] What is your Target?
[ ] Talk
- [ ] To who?
[ ] Inspect
- [ ] What do you inspect?
[ ] ROLL
[ ] Peruse Inventory
[ ] Think about your Situation
[ ] {/Input Command}
>> No. 30151
[X] ROLL into the idle one!
-[x]Follow up with an Attack to the Left Arm with our Knife.
>> No. 30152
[x] ROLL behind the idle one
[x] ATTACK back with Knife
>> No. 30153
[x] ROLL OVER ([x] ROLL + [x] ATTACK LEGS) the Idle guy
>> No. 30155
[x] Attack
- [x] Idle foe
- [x] Right arm
- [x] Knife

They'll never see it coming!
>> No. 30160
[x] Attack
- [x] Idle foe
- [x] Grapple
--> [x] Lower jaw
-->> [x] Right forearm

Let's play some Dwarf Fortress, shall we? (I was originally going to go with "right pinky" as the part used to initiate the grapple, but we already have the YOUTH ROLL. We don't need this story getting too silly now, do we?)
>> No. 30164
For [X] ROLL in IDLE's direction, [X] use RIGHT ARM to SWING KNIFE [X] at the target's BACK.

>> No. 30166
They'll see that our mind is too fast for eyes!
Are we playing a SMT MMO now?
I couldn't resist.
>> No. 30167
File 150994692841.jpg - (177.98KB, 850x992, alovelyflanisnicesinceicantseemtofindgoodpictures.jpg) [iqdb]
You have a plan! You roll around the guy who's only just trying to lift its arm- oop! You knocked it down! Good job! But you're not done yet! You've just made rolling behind it that much easier!

You roll behind it! You raise your little knife and WHAM! Oh, man, the ease with which the knife slid in was just... sweet satisfaction! It, for what it was worth, didn't make a noise as you shoved a knife between the tattered stubs of what might have once been shimmering wings, although that could be because you just shoved a knife in its lung. It is just as quiet as you remove the knife as easily as you slid it in, letting your foe fall to its face with a pathetic, airless wheeze.

You grab it by the shoulders and lift its corpse. You put your arms under its shoulders. You...

... don't know how to wrestle, but you've grappled the corpse anyway! Just in time, too, as the other guy has their weapon raised and is shambling your way! He ain't too fast, but a stab hurts no matter how fast it comes!

WOOP Forgot that [X] Grapple input that was also called!

???: Attacking!
???: ---
YOU: Grappling ???


[ ] Attack
- [ ] How? With What Limb or Weapon?
- [ ] What is your Target?
[ ] Talk
- [ ] To who?
[ ] Inspect
- [ ] What do you inspect?
[ ] ROLL
[ ] Peruse Inventory
[ ] Think about your Situation
[ ] {/Input Command}


Wouldn't you know it, I spent so long trying to post this and I forgot to actually post the darn thing before work... Here ya' go!
>> No. 30168
[x] Attack
- [x] Throw corpse at the other guy
>> No. 30170
-[X]Hurl the corpse at the guy/gal!
>> No. 30171
For Body Toss!
>> No. 30172
I'm busy for a while today, so if anybody cares to try for two more actions in the next six and a half hours, feel free to. Can't guarantee you'll get to do them due to the cumbersome nature of that first action, but who knows?
>> No. 30173
shut up and update
>> No. 30174
File 151003895456.png - (3.94KB, 375x134, Chuck.png) [iqdb]

Well, it's more complicated than that, seeing as you're not only a fairy, but a fairy encumbured by bulky gear you can't even identify. On top of THAT, a body is a whole buncha' dead weight and weighted points. You can't just lift and chuck a body fast enough to-

-hold up, you have a better idea!

As the slow attacker charges, weapon raised, you sorta'... shove the body at it. And, surprisingly, it works like a charm!

Good job! You've pinned it!

???: Pinned to the floor!

You: Throwing bodies is hard work, but it only cost ya' two moves!

Turn Order:

Update 0.2.3: Added TURN ORDER

[ ] Attack
- [ ] How? With What Limb or Weapon?
- [ ] What is your Target?
[ ] Talk
- [ ] To who?
[ ] Inspect
- [ ] What do you inspect?
[ ] ROLL
[ ] Peruse Inventory
[ ] Think about your Situation
[ ] {/Input Command}

Good job!
>> No. 30175
[x] use KNIFE on HEAD
>> No. 30176
[x] use KNIFE on HEAD
-[x] Of the one that's not already dead.
>> No. 30177
>> No. 30178
Not your head, though, [X] ???'s HEAD
>> No. 30179
File 151012666294.png - (8.71KB, 300x250, knify.png) [iqdb]
You approach ???. It just sorta' lays there, moaning and flailing weakly, unable to really muster the strength to push the body pinning it down off. It's... kinda' pathetic. You drop to your knees behind its' head, knife at the ready. You'll end this quickly.

It stares at you through eyes sunk so deeply in to the sockets that it takes effort to make out detail, the surrounding skin sunken to a worrying thin. It makes the most pathetic of moans.

You raise your blade and take aim. The knife sinks in with no real effort, your fallen foe making an even more pathetic sounding whimper before the breath flees its body.

You... don't know how to feel about that, but you won!
Good job! The creatures leave you a Ruined Dagger and 5 Fairy Bux.

Fairy Bux are leaves charged with a little magical energy for use as legal tender! You'll need these to either spend on things or to pump the magic out and in to yourself for improvement!


[ ] Attack
- [ ] How? With What Limb or Weapon?
- [ ] What is your Target?
[ ] Talk
- [ ] To who?
[ ] Inspect
- [ ] What do you inspect?
[ ] ROLL
[ ] Peruse Inventory
[ ] Think about your Situation
[ ] {/Input Command}
>> No. 30180
[x] {Continue following the path}

The deed is done. We must move on.
>> No. 30181
[x] look around

Where are we and where are we supposed to be going?
>> No. 30182
[x] Peruse Inventory
[x] Think about your Situation
>> No. 30183
For [X] Looking Around and [X] Advancing down the path while [X] Looking through inventory!
>> No. 30184
You continue down the path. It's fairly straight-forward, save for a branch... You can see a bend at the end of your current path, you see flashing lights around the bend of the stony wall and you might hear distant voices chattering... But this path to the side goes a short ways and you can see something shiny...

You don't know which path to take for sure, so you halt to examine your inventory, waiting in the middle of the tree-lined path, sun beginning to rise from over the grey walls of this natural bowl.

Head: N/A
Left Shoulder: N/A
Right Shoulder: N/A
Left Arm: N/A
Right Arm: N/A
Body: Beta Tester's Concealing Robe:
Thank you for helping us by joining this Beta test for Fey Souls: Crying Moe Day One Edition! (Name work in progress) As a commemorative gift, this Beta Tester's Set will conceal you until you reach a place where you can complete the registry process and receive your Beta Tester's Bonuses! Please report any mistakes in geography or in enemy personalities to the first God you see! Good luck, Praise Utsuho and Have Fun!
~ Yakumo Yukari, President and Founder of THE DEV TEAM
P.S. We'd normally be a heck of a lot more vague about things, but you're going to find the shrine soon enough, where you'll be hearing the intro properly.
Pants: N/A
Right Leg: N/A
Left Leg: N/A
Right Foot: N/A
Left Foot: N/A
Ring 1: N/A
Ring 2: N/A
Ring 3: N/A
Accesory: Beta Tester's Amulet:
Thank you for helping us test this game! We've provided you this amulet! It might come in handy someday! Have fun!

Right Hand: Beta Tester's Knife
Effect: Bleed +1
The bleed on this knife isn't much at all, really, and only a really tough enemy would be bled by +1 bleed, but with this knife on you, you can test out those negative statuses for us! Thank you for joining us in this beta test!

Left Hand: N/A

Ruined Dagger:
This dagger holds the shattered remains of a blade upon its hilt. It might have once been a sword. It's not to similar to many other swords handed out before this dreadful game began. {Equip? Y/N}
[ ] Attack
- [ ] How? With What Limb or Weapon?
- [ ] What is your Target?
[ ] Talk
- [ ] To who?
[ ] Inspect
- [ ] What do you inspect?
[ ] ROLL
[ ] Peruse Inventory
[ ] Think about your Situation
[ ] {/Input Command}


Sorry for pace, for I am a fuck
>> No. 30185
[x] straight ahead

Stay on target.
>> No. 30186
[X]Take the side path.

This is probably a trap. I'd still do it anyway.
We are go for schmuck bait, people.
>> No. 30187
[x] Take the side path.

>> No. 30188
[x] straight ahead
>> No. 30189
[X] Roll along the side path

Trap or no, with the power of I-frames, we'll be fine.
>> No. 30190
[X] Rollin down the side
>> No. 30191
[X] Rolling down the side
Because the rolling thing can be done with the leading vote!

You look down the side path. The side path DOES look tempting...

But just to be on the safe side...

You roll down the path.

You wind yourself, idiot.

As you need to take a breath, you stop. As your breath returns, you see that there's a small cave to the side of the shiny. You hear an odd breeze. The shiny object is so close, but you winding yourself might have been a blessing in disguise if you stopped this early...


[ ] Attack
- [ ] How? With What Limb or Weapon?
- [ ] What is your Target?
[ ] Talk
- [ ] To who?
[ ] Inspect
- [ ] What do you inspect?
[ ] ROLL
[ ] Peruse Inventory
[ ] Think about your Situation
[ ] {/Input Command}

I may just not post pictures for this story. Should have compiled some first...
>> No. 30192
[x] INSPECT cave
[x] Think about your situation.
>> No. 30193
[x] Think about your situation.

It might be a mimic or something.
>> No. 30194
[x] Inspect cave
[x] Ponder situation
>> No. 30195
For [X] Thinking and Inspecting
>> No. 30196
You think to yourself rather than simply walking up to the thing when you can hear breathing.

Okay. There's something shiny. You could chuck your amulet at it, perhaps?


... N'ah, better not. If this is some kind of game, putting a mimic in that DOESN'T look like a treasure chest might be a bit much.

... That breathing sounds like it's coming from that hole...


[] Inspect the hole?
[] Grab the item quick?
[] {/input command}

Forgive the size of this one. Gotta' update EVERY DAY and it's five minutes to tomorrow over here.
>> No. 30197
[x] chuck KNIFE at HOLE

unless your next update is at least three times longer you've failed in my eyes
>> No. 30198
[x] THROW Ruined Dagger at HOLE
>> No. 30199
[X] Dash for shinies!!
-[X] ROLL away quickly!

I don't think depriving ourselves of our only weapon is a good idea.
>> No. 30200
We picked up a shitty non-useable weapon from one of the not-hollows.
>> No. 30201

>> No. 30202
You chuck the knife at the hole.

You are not an expert knife thrower.

Your Ruined Knife bounces off of the cave wall uselessly. Good job.

The breathing is replaced momentarily by a growly-sounding 'HMM?'

Before you can think properly about what to do, the earth rumbles as something VERY large starts to move! You have the stupid idea that you should totally grab the thing first and book it, so you do!

You run to the shiny object, reach down, pick it up and turn around just as you hear the first footsteps shake everything! You bolt! As fast as you can!


Acquired (Ring of 1000 Journeys: Increases Stamina regeneration by a negligible margin.)


YOU: RUNNING! Half outta' breath!

???: Behind you!


[]Keep running!
- []Look behind you?
- []No time!

[]Stand and Fight!

[]{/input command}
>> No. 30203
Huh, so we did. 'kay then
[x]Keep running!
-[x]Look behind you.
>> No. 30204
[x] Fast menu to EQUIP Ring of 1000 Journeys
[x] Keep running!
-[x] No time!
[x] Throw in a ROLL or two for i-frames.
>> No. 30206
Should have said called, sorry!

[X] Run
- [X] Ring
-- [X] Roll

Running, running, running for your life, you lift the ring, slowing so you don't drop the darn thing! You shove it on your finger as carefully as you can! Oh man, oh man, it won't slide on, is it too small, why won't- oh. Your hands are shaking. YOU RUN FASTER!

You hear a terrible warcry!


You take this as your cue to roll, doing so just as you feel everything shake as an entirely-too-small sound fills the air, the hollow *TOK* of a wood block.

Aside from the confusion, you run and run and don't look back!

When you can run no more, you stop to gather your breath, gasping and panting...

The ring helps you recover faster, though it didn't seem you really needed it. There's no footsteps behind you.

Speaking of behind you, you look.


In fact, there's quite a bit of tree-lined path behind you, far enough you almost can't really see the end... Probably for effect.

Now that you know you aren't in immediate threat of death by whatever that noise was, you turn to find yourself confronted with a slightly-taller-than-human torii. Behind it is an open meadow, ringed by dense trees. To the left is a pair of small shrines, the kind one simply travels to and places an offering rather than enter. Seated in front are a pair of orange-themed blondes. To the right is what looks like a ring. You can see a few fairies in a variety of themed costumes scattered about, but near this ring is where most are gathered.

You observe a fairy getting stabbed by another in the ring. The fairy gets back up. They shake hands. They step out and another pair trade. They start fighting. There's cheers. Huh.

You get one freebie on Item Description! You need to examine your pick ups from now on! Or you can just shove it on your body and hope you're safe.

[ ] Attack
- [ ] How? With What Limb or Weapon?
- [ ] What is your Target?
[ ] Talk
- [ ] To who?
[ ] Inspect
- [ ] What do you inspect?
[ ] ROLL
[ ] Peruse Inventory
[ ] Think about your Situation
[ ] {/Input Command}


We got it! I had no idea what to really do hear.
>> No. 30207
[x] ROLL
-[x] Straight into the ring.

>> No. 30209
[x] ROLL over to the blondes...
-[x] ...and then TALK to the them.
[x] THINK about your situation.

>> No. 30210
[x] ROLL over to the blondes...
-[x] ...and then TALK to the them.
[x] THINK about your situation.

Plan KATAMARI is a go!
>> No. 30211
[X] Plan Katamri is GO!!!
>> No. 30212
File 151064485666.jpg - (151.08KB, 850x478, Akisisterschatsometimes.jpg) [iqdb]
You roll towards the blondes. Why not, after all?

... You roll to the blondes and stop to catch your breath. Before you can, actually CATCH it though, the elegant looking one in the pretty orange dress speaks up, voice like a sweat, crisp breeze, reaching through the air to caress you for the brief moment it has to greet you.

"Well, spill my paints 'n call it summer! Sister, look! Another one!"

The blonde with the nice hat interrupted you before you could speak. She was loud and brash, speaking more like your average village farmer. Though, if that was the case, that would have explained the farm-wife outfit.

"Well, woudja' lookit that! A new fairy, this late in th' beta!"

The two bowed lightly. Not too low. You bowed lower. These two were sitting in front of a shrine, and being rude to your host in front of a shrine would be extra rude. When all parties were standing and sitting up properly, the goddess' spoke in unison.

"Welcome to Fey Souls!"

Orange-Dress and Hat both gave their respective laps a pat.

"Now come here n' sit with us so we c'n get a good look atcha'!" said the dress.

"C'mere, cutie! Let's see how cute ya' are!"

The updates following this filler vote will be done on a slightly more rapid basis, as they will be something akin to character creation!

[] Sit in the small dress lady's lap

[] Sit in the Big Hat Lady's lap

[] Activate Cat powers and stretch.
>> No. 30213
[X] Activate Cat powers and stretch.
-[X] On the Small Dress Lady's lap.
>> No. 30214
[x] Sit in the small dress lady's lap

Leaf > Potato
>> No. 30215

First major choice update will come sometime EARLY tomorrow with a general pace of a post an hour until it is done, provided life doesn't dick me over in the process! Until then, have a quick filler update so I can say I updated today!
>> No. 30216
You look at the comfy looking hat lady.

You look at the comfy looking dress lady.

You sit in the dress lady's lap and STREEEETCH...

Hat lady looks disappointed. She's kinda' cute when she pouts, but that's not impoooOOOHHOHOHOHOhooooo, yeah... That's the stuff...

"Hohohaww~ The little darlin' likes 'er headpats, sis!"

Hat still looks upset, but at her sister's words and the look you're probably making with your face, she can't help but smile.

Or so you were told. Right now you're just getting s p o i l e d .

Dress lady grabs something in your hair...

"Now let's get this thing offa' yer head so we can get a nice, good look atcha' fer the registry!"
>> No. 30217
The rules are thus!

First thing to get majority vote or first to two votes wins. Though there'll be shorter intervals between votes,I'll still give time for votes to be made, roughly two hours about. In the case of a non-vote, a random answer will be chosen. In the case of a lack of votes, the last vote will be chosen. Here goes nothin'!
>> No. 30218
You feel the wraps on your body coming undone. The pretty dress lady is undoing them for you. She manages to do this with minimal interruption of these heavenly headpats...

You made a good pick for lap to sit in!

She interrupts your thoughts, musing to herself.

"Now, what shade exactly should we put yer pretty hair down as bein'?"

[] Hair color? {/input}

[] Hair length? {/input}
>> No. 30219
[x] Red (human red, not red red)
[x] Short, wavy
>> No. 30220
[X] Short, Wavy natural red hair

"Would you call this orange, sis?"

Comfy hat shook her head at the question.

"I believe th' proper term 's 'Redhead' sis."

Dress nods as she unravels the wraps further.

"Okay, so redhead it is! Now let's get a look'tch yer pretty eyes, now, hmm?"

[] Eye Color? {/input}
>> No. 30221
[x] Rusty hazel
[x] Yellow colour contact in left eye, red colour contact in right eye

>> No. 30222
[X] Rusty hazel.
>> No. 30223
[x] Rusty hazel
[x] Yellow colour contact in left eye, red colour contact in right eye
>> No. 30224
[X] Natural wavy short red hair
[X] Rusty Hazel

"Oh, how cute! Lookit 'er eyes, Minoriko!"

Hat, Minoriko, apparently, commented.

"Aw, how cute! Hazel's mah favert color! Next t' or'nge, uh' course..."

Dress sniffled her giggle so she could ask her next question.

"Now let's see 'f that skin tone's jus' ass lovely!"

[] Skin tone?
- [] Blemishes? {Beauty Marks, scars and the like?}
>> No. 30225
[x] Pale
- [x] Patchy complexion
- [x] Beauty mark next to left eyebrow
>> No. 30226
[x] Pale
-[x] No blemishes/beauty marks/etc
>> No. 30227
>> No. 30228
[x] Pale
-[x] No blemishes/beauty marks/etc
>> No. 30229
(Well, time got right the hell away from me, didn' it? These following updates may be slower, as it IS late, but that depends on vote speed.)

[X] Natural wavy short red hair
[X] Rusty Hazel
[x] Pale
-[x] No blemishes/beauty marks/etc

"Well, coniferous cones, wouldja' lookit 'er pretty complexion, Mino!"

Minoriko was practically gushing.

"Ohhhhh, lookit 'er! She's so white! Like a princess from a story! An' that red hair! An' that perf'ct complexion! Shizuha, can we keep her?"

Dress, Shizuha giggled politely.

"Now, don' get carried away, sis! Now, couldja' stand up lil' fairy? I gotta' remove the rest o' this wrappin' and we need to get yer height!"

[] Height?
>> No. 30230
[x] Lower side of average

Stop doing filler votes you lazy nigger
>> No. 30231
[x] Lower average.
>> No. 30232
[X] Natural wavy short red hair
[X] Rusty Hazel
[x] Pale
-[x] No blemishes/beauty marks/etc
[X] Lower side of Average

"D'aww, she's just the right height! Nice and small, but not too small!"

Shizuha pulled her hands back as the last of the wraps came off, giving Minoriko time to jump in with her own measuring tape before you could even protest.

"Now let's get us dem three sizes, shall we, darlin'?"

[] Bust
[] Waist
[] Hips

[] Hands off!
>> No. 30233
[x] Bust
-[x] Flat as a board
[x] Waist
-[x] still has baby fat
[x] Hips
-[x] prepubescent average

Still just a kid, hasn't grown any curves.
>> No. 30234
[x] Budding bust
[x] Baby fat waist
[x] Pubescent hips

Secondary. Sexual. Characteristics.
>> No. 30235
[x] Hands off!

>> No. 30236
[x] Budding bust
[x] Baby fat waist
[x] Pubescent hips

We're a growing girl.
>> No. 30237
[X] Natural wavy short red hair
[X] Rusty Hazel
[x] Pale
-[x] No blemishes/beauty marks/etc
[X] Lower side of Average
[x] Budding bust
[x] Baby fat waist
[x] Pubescent hips

"Well, you ain't got much in the way uh nuthin', do ya'?"

Shizuha, at this comment, gave Minoriko's hands a slap.

"MinoRIko! How c'n yuh be so insensitive!"

Minoriko laughed and laughed.

"Oh, come off it, sis, that ain' a bad thing no way, no how! She's still such a cute lil' darlin', ain' she?"

Minoriko rested on her knees, a smile adorning her face as she placed a hand on either side of your head.

"Now just hol still while ah use mah godly power t' fig're out yer blood type..."

[] Blood ty-

Oh wait, you're a fairy, aincha'?

[X] Sparkling Blood

"Shoulda' figured. Keep in mind, your blood doesn' jus' turn t' dust with ya' anymore, ya' hear?"

Minoriko waits for your nod. You do nod. You're confused.

Wait, hold on, so fairies have blood in them? Wait, you can bleed now?

Shizuha continued on.

"We're almos' there sweetheart! Now, what kinda' fairy woudja' call yerself? Wut kinda' shot pattern didja' like to use?"

Your fairy type is _____ Fairy

[] Just a
[] Maid
[] Zombie
[] Death

Your shot type is-

[] Player Aimmed
- [] Line
- [] Cone
[] Spread shot
- [] Wave
- [] Circle
[] Scatter shot
- [] Aimmed
- [] Circle
[] {/input}
>> No. 30238
[x] Zombie
[x] Spread shot
- [x] Wave
>> No. 30239
[x] Just a
[x] Player Aimed
-[x] Self-launch
>> No. 30240
[x] Just a
[x] Player Aimed
-[x] Self-launch

ROLLing Cannonball fairy? Heck yeah.
>> No. 30241
[X] Natural wavy short red hair
[X] Rusty Hazel
[x] Pale
-[x] No blemishes/beauty marks/etc
[X] Lower side of Average
[x] Budding bust
[x] Baby fat waist
[x] Pubescent hips
[x] Just a Fairy
[x] Player Aimed
-[x] Self-launch

"A'ight lil' fairy, we're almost there! Just a few questions more an'"

Minoriko interrupts her sister.

"You mean... HEADBUTTS self-launchin'?"

You nod.

She stares.

You stare.

She nods appreciatively.

"I'm likin' you more n' more th' more you talk!"

Shizuha continues, eager to reach the end of the questionnaire.

"Just these three question's! First off, do you like tough stuff, quick stuff, smart stuff, what's yer preference? What wouldja' say's yer 'startin' stat preference?'"

Minoriko chimes in.

"Yes, we're askin' this before we find out what yer wearin', but keep in mind that it ain't gun' make too big uh difference later in th' game! Just yer lil' startin' boost is all!"

[] {/input 'favorite 'stat' stuff!'}

[] I don't care.
>> No. 30242
[x] Quick stuff

>> No. 30243
Need for speed stuffz
>> No. 30244
[X] Natural wavy short red hair
[X] Rusty Hazel
[x] Pale
-[x] No blemishes/beauty marks/etc
[X] Lower side of Average
[x] Budding bust
[x] Baby fat waist
[x] Pubescent hips
[x] Just a Fairy
[x] Player Aimed
-[x] Self-launch
[X] Speedy Stuff

Shizuha gave a little clap of joy.

"Congrats, sweetie! We're down t' the last question!"

Minoriko took your hand, helping you up.

"Good job! Now let's take a good lookitcha'!"

Shizuha held out a camera to snap a commemorative picture.

"Now, what's yer outfit s'possed t' be?"

Now we CHOOSE OUR CLASS! Remember, the speedy thing shouldn't affect your decision here too much! Choose what you guys like! This particular vote will be left standing a good deal longer for anon to decide! Keep in mind, when the full game begins, a good number of these classes will no longer be so readily available, mas most of these are just in this vote for testing reasons. That said, have at it!

Heavy Guard, Good Poise
- Not good with magic, slow

Strong Attack, Surprisingly fast
- Not good with magic, weak to firearms

Balanced Stats, Water/Cold Resist
- Not the best at socializing, weak to lightning, weak to Jesus (Faith and miracles)

Steals, Starts with extra gift
- Untrustworthy and shady-looking, lacks stats aside from speed and dexterity

Fast, Makes own weak attack items
- HP and Defense are bare minimum, generally smaller than other fighters (reach disadvantage)

[] SPY
Well-equipped, Charismatic
- Not too good at direct confrontation, is almost nothing without gear

Flexible Ranged, Better at Foraging and can make own ammo
- Squishy, not good in close quarters

Long, ridged range, Stealthy
- Squishy, Best used with a Group or Distracion,

Ranged, AOE
- Slower than other ranged, can easily harm self and allies with attacks

Well-rounded Hand-to-hand, weak healer and body enhancment spells
- Begins with little-to-no money or posessions, Cannot use bladed weapons (unbladed are fine)

Counter-based Hand-to-hand, Tougher skin than the average brawler.
- Works best when hardly moving, not good at wide open spaces

[] MARTIAL ARTIST (Karate-ka)
Precision-based Hand-to-hand, Aggressive speed
- Not good at handling ranged or mounted foes, weak to bullets

Highly Intelligent Support Mage, Starts with a Student Fairy ally of either Knight/Thief/Archer/Mage or None classes
- Not designed around direct combat, Student isn't all that strong (though it DOES get a School Uniform)

Tough fighter with Great Poise, Starts with Knight, Samurai or Peasant Companion
- Surprisingly weak to backstabs and surprise attacks, Is nothing without a party (Can't hit hard or take a hit, moves slow (King moves one space type of slow), so is better suited for support)

Well-armed with self-made gadgets, starts with a Spy, Bouncer or Rifleman Companion
- Highly unsociable, Starting Companion is a Jobber

Weak Defensive Mage, also fencer
- Kinda squishy, Not all that strong, is not Royalty

Very Weak Healing Mage, Also knows non-combat related, but practical spells and good overall melee
- Not particularly specialized in anything, Starts with very little.

Attack Mage, Fast Casting
- Squishy, physically frail, hopeless with most non-casting weapons

AOE Effect Mage, Highly Personable
- Very Few direct attack spells, not designed for combat

Throwing Weapons, Works well in teams, Has minor maintenance skills, skill with food, good at blades
- Not the best at soloing most things, Not actually an attack class. More a base support than a combat support class

Weak General Mage, One Spell, Skill or Action is Iconic (hits 3X as hard), One Left-handed weapon and one Right handed weapon becomes Iconic
- All other actions of the same type become half as effective once an Iconic action is chosen (This does not apply to weapons, but there can only be one Iconic for each catagory), every spell requires a longer wind up

Well-rounded. Arrive wearing their streets.
- Well-rounded means nothing special. Fairy dress' aren't actually all that practical when you have to walk everywhere.

Naked, armed only with what usable trash you could scrap together. Starts with one random piece of equipment, spell or skill from another class.
- Terrible at conversation, prone to statuses that affect emotion.

How should we fill the time while we wait for votes to end? Pick a story!

[] The Tragic Tale of the Nameless Fairy

[] Siesta Time!

[] Dance and Sing!

[] No! No filler! Just get updating, nerd!
>> No. 30245
[X] MARTIAL ARTIST (Karate-ka)
[X] No! No filler! Just get updating, nerd!
>> No. 30246
[X] No! No filler! Just get updating, nerd!

>> No. 30247
[X] MARTIAL ARTIST (Karate-ka)

We shall harness the art of the rolling fist.

[X] The Tragic Tale of the Nameless Fairy

What a tragedy~
>> No. 30248
[X] MARTIAL ARTIST (Karate-ka)
[X] No! No filler! Just get updating, nerd!

>> No. 30249
Looks like we're a [X] MARTIAL ARTIST!
>> No. 30250
[X] Natural wavy short red hair
[X] Rusty Hazel
[x] Pale
-[x] No blemishes/beauty marks/etc
[X] Lower side of Average
[x] Budding bust
[x] Baby fat waist
[x] Pubescent hips
[x] Just a Fairy
[x] Player Aimed
-[x] Self-launch
[X] Speedy Stuff
[X] MARTIAL ARTIST (Karate-ka)

"Oh, look at 'er! Such a tough lil' fighter, yes she is!"

You puff out your lil' chest in pride as Minoriko gives you a good, rough headpat, getting your red waves nice and tousled. Then her sister joins in, ruffling your hair even further. You're getting your hair ruffled by two nice, pretty women.

You are a happy fairy.

When the head patting (tragically) ends, you look down at your outfit.

You're wearing a gi with a couple of holes in the knees and elbows. It might have been white, once. The belt you're wearing is yellow, though! Certainly not just a really old, greasy white belt the same shade as your dirty gi! Oh, who are you kidding? You're a white belt. Did they forget the wraps on your hands and feet? Wait, no, those are supposed to be there... You reach up to adjust your similarly off-white headband and check if- yes, yes it is! It's just long enough to wave in the wind a little dramatically! Perfect!

You reach in to your gi and- oh. No sarashi. Best tug the gi tight and tighten the belt. Yes, there you go. What's this in your gi, though? Ah, a magazine! "Combat King Monthly V.12; Beginners Fast Fireballs!"

Falling from your gi at the sudden lack of well-placed magazine holding it in place is a roll of bandages. Nice.

You wrack your brain to see what you know...

[] Soul Fire! (Use spirit to launch slow fireball)
[] Ki-ai! (During duration of shout, immune to spirit attacks)
[] Pugilist! (Passive ATK +3)
[] Kamekameha! (Fast, weak ray. Difficult to aim. Not to be confused with that other ray.)
[] Mori! (Ki-ai that, when used with a specific pose, increases attack and defense for a short time)

As you ponder that, you ALSO ponder where you should go. You're done here, so you should probably say goodbye to the pretty ladies and wander around. But where?

[] Go to that ring of fairies testing out moves on each other! It can't hurt, can it?

[] Investigate that pale fairy staring morosely at her shoes on that big ol' rock by the wall.

[] There's a VERY tall lady and a very small girl talking by the center-most path.

- [] They look kinda' scary... I should walk past them.
- [] I should try chatting with them.

[] That path to the right looks rocky.

[] That path to the left is lined with trees.

[] Ask for another headpat, instead. These two are nice.
>> No. 30251
[X] Mori! (Ki-ai that, when used with a specific pose, increases attack and defense for a short time)
[X] That path to the right looks rocky.
buffs 4 lyfe
>> No. 30252
[X] Mori! (Ki-ai that, when used with a specific pose, increases attack and defense for a short time)
[x] Go to that ring of fairies testing out moves on each other! It can't hurt, can it?
>> No. 30253
[x] Pugilist! (Passive ATK +3)
[x] Investigate that pale fairy staring morosely at her shoes on that big ol' rock by the wall.

>> No. 30254
[X] Mori! (Ki-ai that, when used with a specific pose, increases attack and defense for a short time)
[x] Investigate that pale fairy staring morosely at her shoes on that big ol' rock by the wall.
>> No. 30255
[X] Mori! (Ki-ai that, when used with a specific pose, increases attack and defense for a short time)
[x] Investigate that pale fairy staring morosely at her shoes on that big ol' rock by the wall.
[X] Mori!
[X] Mori!
[X] Mori!
>> No. 30256
File 151107530273.jpg - (170.87KB, 1280x720, thisisyounerdsnicegoing.jpg) [iqdb]
"Mori!" you shout! You feel a lil' stronger just doing it! As though your spirit is overflowing!

But something is missing... Some way to channel it...

Ah, you remember now!

You raise a fist to the sky and point the other at the dirt. You bend your knees to the side, as though about to take a step in to your overwhelming spirit!




... Minoriko and Shizuha aren't doing a very good at fighting back their laughter.

Buncha' jerks. You turn and huff away, marching proudly! You are a warrior, and won't be treated as such!

"Wai-Wai-Ah-AHA-" says the Minoriko who failed to fight her laughter. Jerk...

You decide you're gonna' march away! You see all the goings on, mostly fairies trying moves on each other, a few non-fairies, the paths and those weirdos... And by the far wall, to distant right of the path you came from is a big, sloped rock. You oughta' be able to climb it, what with the path naturally carved in to it. It's not long before you're there, at the top, with the pale, sad fairy...


You're standing at the top of the boulder. Up here, you can see trees and a few distant structures... The sunlight is wonderful up here...

The pale fairy has long, black hair that hangs loosely around her face, framing her exhausted eyes and sunken cheeks. Pretty as she might have been, she looked half-starved to death. Even so, the light reflected off of her pure white uniform, sequined glittering alluringly. Her outfit was certainly that of an idol, if the idol and adorable, sparkly outfit wasn't an indicator. But, for an idol, she certainly didn't LOOK happy... She turned her deep blue eyes, tired as the ocean was deep, to you.

"Oh... You're new... Tired already, friend?"


[ ] Attack
- [ ] How? With What Limb or Weapon?
- [ ] What is your Target?
[ ] Talk
- [ ] To who?
[ ] Inspect
- [ ] What do you inspect?
[ ] ROLL
[ ] Peruse Inventory
[ ] Think about your Situation
[ ] {/Input Command}
>> No. 30257
>> No. 30259
[x]Talk to Idol Fairy
>> No. 30260
Talk to EEDOOL
>> No. 30261
[X] Idol chatting
>> No. 30262
You try to talk to the idol, but don't know what to say. After a little awkward stammering, you let the jumbled sentence you were trying to form just... fade off...

The idol tries for a smile, though it just comes off as weary more than anything.

"Why, hello to you too. Hm hm, there's no need to be so nervous around me."

She takes a moment to put her thoughts together, a long silence filling the air.

"I believe the appropriate thing to do when meeting new people is exchange names, yes?"

She holds out a white-and-sequin-gloved hand.

"Mine is Dancing Stream. I was an idol in the Early Testing phases. What might your name be?"


[] I don't have a name.
>> No. 30263
[x] I don't have a name.
>> No. 30264
[x] Test Asdf

>> No. 30265
[x] Rolling Thunder

>> No. 30266
[x] Rolling Thunder

It just works.
>> No. 30267
[X] Rolling Thunder
>> No. 30268
You shake her hand, introducing yourself.

"Ah, pleased to meet you. I'm the fairy of small streams. What is your domain?"

A moment, and she hung her head.

"Ah, perhaps that was rude of me."

An awkward silence reigns supreme. It hangs for a while. Since it's a bit too quiet, you [X]Talk to her again.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to trail off like that."

She smiled weakly and, unsurprisingly, wearily.

"I apologize. I'm not the most energetic of idols these days. But it is good to see so many of you with energy."

That weak, half-hearted smile faded back to her presumably regular world-weary resting frown, her eyes turned downcast to stare at something shiny in her hands.



[ ] Talk to her a lil' more? There's probably more to hear, right?

[ ] Maybe we should leave her be...
- [ ] Attack
-- [ ] How? With What Limb or Weapon?
-- [ ] What is your Target?
- [ ] Talk
-- [ ] To who?
- [ ] Inspect
-- [ ] What do you inspect?
- [ ] ROLL
- [ ] Peruse Inventory
- [ ] Think about your Situation
- [ ] {/Input Command}
>> No. 30269
[x] INQUIRE about the SHINY

>> No. 30270
[x] INQUIRE about the SHINY

>> No. 30271

Initiative getto!
>> No. 30272
>> No. 30273
Dancing Stream gazes solemnly at the item in her hand.

"This? It was a present from the developers for helping with early testing. Me and a friend. I haven't seen them in what seems like forever, and yet it was like no time at all. I've never really used it. Perhaps..."

Hearing her trail off, you ask if you can have it.

"I... well, goodness, it can't hurt, can it? Kneel here and close your eyes."

You do so without question... There's a moment of nothing... You hear a sparkling sort of noise, like chimes in the wind... Something touches your lips briefly, so light it would almost seem it wasn't there. Before you could ask questions-

"There you go, friend. You may open your eyes."

You're greeted by Dancing Streams weary smiling.


Learned: Scan!

Scanning takes two full actions to perform, but pays off big by giving you detailed information on an enemy! It doesn't always work well on tougher enemies, though, so watch out!


[ ] Maybe we should leave her be...
- [ ] Attack
-- [ ] How? With What Limb or Weapon?
-- [ ] What is your Target?
- [ ] Talk
-- [ ] To who?
- [ ] Inspect
-- [ ] What do you inspect?
- [ ] ROLL
- [ ] Peruse Inventory
- [ ] Think about your Situation
- [ ] {/Input Command}
>> No. 30274
-[X]Dancing Stream
[X]Bid her goodbye.

What better target to test our new ability on?
>> No. 30275
-[X]Dancing Stream
[X]Bid her goodbye.

>> No. 30276
-[X]Dancing Stream
[X]Bid her goodbye.
>> No. 30277
You ask Dancing Stream if you can try your new move on her. An eyebrow lifts.

"You mean Scan? You want to scan me?"

She takes moment, giggling to herself, before she hops off her seat and takes a relaxed (if cute) pose for you.

"I don't know what you hope to learn about me. There probably isn't all that much interesting. But I AM flattered, and I'm also bored. Go right on ahead."

You focus on Dancing Stream. You stare at her. You stare at her hard.

You stare some more.

You keeeeep on star-

It hits you suddenly. You can see it. Everything about her is visible to you...


Dancing Stream

Enemy Type: Player
Class: Idol LVL.15, Pop Star LVL.3,

Weapons: Glittering White Cordless Mic, Cheap Boombox

Skills: Seikan Hikkou, Waku Waku ga Tomaranai, YOU&ME, Tea for me, ぱあ, Catch You Catch Me, The Wrath of God in all it's Fury, Chega de Saudade, Brave New World, Lion

Spells: Hand Shot, Warmth, AFTREIMIJ

Armor: Full White Stream Set

[Details? Y/N]
- [Details on what?]

"Is that all you'd like to see?"

[ ] Yes. Goodbye.
[ ] No
- [ ] These skills look like a bit much for these levels.
- [ ] What do you want details on?
>> No. 30278
[x] Yes. Goodbye.

Too many questions to ask and the answers to them are probably not useful at all. Time to move on.
>> No. 30279
[X] Yes. Goodbye.

Bye sad fairy!
>> No. 30280
File 151144581213.jpg - (62.29KB, 490x520, asdfghj.jpg) [iqdb]
>The Wrath of God in all it's Fury


[x] No
- [x] These skills look like a bit much for these levels.
>> No. 30281
[X] Yes. Goodbye.

But first!

>> No. 30282
In a world unrelated to canon, official or otherwise, a single Hell Fairy jumped out of a closet.

"HAPPY THANKSGIVING!" Came the shout, rousing the Hakurei Shrine. Suika jolted from her drunken stupor and rolled off the porch. Sukuna yelped, but nobody heard her. Reimu threw a needle, knocking off a loud fairy's hat.

"Be quiet, you little-" she tried before the little Clown, too excited to even care, kept on with the shouting.

"It's Thanksgiving! It's Thanksgiving! It's time to feast!"

She grabbed her hat (a notably different one than her usual), plopped it right on her head, needle and all and went flying to the fridge.

As the shrine began picking itself up after this rude awakening, Reimu took it upon herself to investigate this 'feast' business. After all, she was the resident incident resolver, and it was her duty to investigate suspicious activity. Therefore, exc- valid reason in hand, Reimu walked in to her own kitchen to find Clownpiece holding some kind of gigantic looking chicken she had no memory of purchasing and staring at her cooking pit in confusion.

"What's the hold up, runt?" inquired the shrine maiden. "I thought we were gonna' feast."

Clownpiece turned to Reimu, clearly confused.

"Don't you have an oven?"

Reimu shrugged.

"Eh. The pit works plenty fine. Need some help?"

Clownpiece nodded, grin back on her face with energy to spare as she practically bounced from excitement.

"Yeah, yeah, we'll have a Thanksgiving feast and now that you're helping we can have a turkey and ham and pumpkin pie and mashed potatoes and gravy and biscuits and-"

Reimu couldn't help her laughter. The fairy's energy was contagious.

"I don't really get it, but I won't say no to a feast."

And so, the Hakurei Shrine prepared a feast for a holiday they didn't all really understand, but was enjoyable to everyone anyway. Clownpiece told of the experiences she had sailing aboard the Pinta, how being a Lampades came in handy on the dark nights and how nowadays it's a great excuse to eat with friends. Suika got drunk and dragged a tiny princess inside the turkey. The Three Fairies joined in, smelling the food from outside, even bringing the much-needed vegetables with them. Ibaraki Kasen came by with a box of sweets.

And all was well.


Actual update on the way.
>> No. 30283
You finish observing her skills. That Wrath of God thing has you worried, but there's otherwise nothing to worry about. Neat. Having done your business, you bid her goodbye.

"See? I told there wasn't anything interesting. I do appreciate the interest, though. If you ever have need of me, I'll be here."

She gives you a small wave as you leave her be to contemplate her life. Or whatever she was contemplating.


You are standing at the center of this clearing. Things are much the same as when you left them.

As you ponder that, you ALSO ponder where you should go. You're done here, so you should probably say goodbye to the pretty ladies and wander around. But where?

[] Go to that ring of fairies testing out moves on each other! It can't hurt, can it?

[] Speak with Dancing Stream up on that big ol' rock by the wall. She could use some company.

[] There's a VERY tall lady and a very small girl talking by the center-most path.

- [] They look kinda' scary... I should walk past them.
- [] I should try chatting with them.

[] That path to the right looks rocky.

[] That path to the left is lined with trees.

[] Ask for another headpat from Minoriko and Shizuha. These two are nice.
>> No. 30284
[x] There's a VERY tall lady and a very small girl talking by the center-most path.
- [x] I should try chatting with them.
>> No. 30285
[x] There's a VERY tall lady and a very small girl talking by the center-most path.
- [x] I should try chatting with them.
>> No. 30286
[x] There's a VERY tall lady and a very small girl talking by the center-most path.
- [x] I should try chatting with them.

>> No. 30287
[X] Talk to Big and smalls
>> No. 30288
You approach the center-most path.

The path leads up the mountain and in to a forest of some sort, with the border marked by a great torii. On the right of this torii is a pair of black-haired ladies.

The tall woman is leaning against the torii and is wearing a black suit. She's VERY tall... Tall as an oni! She's scrawny and lanky, like someone took a normal sized woman and stretched her... Save for those massive knockers. She kind of reminds you of that god of wind that's supposed to live on top of this mountain, especially with those out-of-place mountains on her chest. Her eyes looked a bit TOO focused, the entirety of her eye seemingly constricted to a point. Paired with that spooky grin, she looked outright unnerving.

The small girl, on the other hand, was wearing a cute red hood over a matching coat. Her eyes were big and innocent and trusting and not at all empty and soulless only that was exactly what they were. And her magic levels were high enough that you felt unnerved just approaching her. She held a picnic basket in one crooked arm and was smiling innocently up at the tall woman.

Neither of these women looked like they got enough sleep.

Tiny spoke first.

"Hai un bel profumo."

The tall woman tilted her head to the side just a tad bit far for comfort.

"Anche tu."

The small girl held out a hand.


The tall woman loomed over the tiny girl, taking her hand.


Her hea-HOH LORDY...

You didn't squeak when they both snapped their heads to stare at you, nor did you jump.

And you'r not trembling from the iron-scented aura of danger these two exude.


That was tall talking. They were waiting for you to say something. But they just kept smiling and STARING...


[ ] Hello
- [ ] B-B-Be b-brave!
- [ ] B-B-Be n-n-non-ch-chala-n-nt!
- [ ] B-B-Be s-s-strong!
- [ ] Please don't eat me!
>> No. 30289
[x] Hello
-[x] B-B-Be n-n-non-ch-chala-n-nt!
>> No. 30290
[x] Hello


>> No. 30291
[X] Hello
-[X] B-B-Be b-brave!

Fake it till you make it.
>> No. 30292
[ ] Hello
- [ ] B-B-Be b-brave!
>> No. 30293
[X] Hello
- [X] B-B-Be b-brave!
>> No. 30294
You put on your bravest face, puff out your chest and introduce yourself formally as Greased Lightning, beginning Martial Artist, Fairy and PROUD, BRAVE WARRIOR!

Your voice doesn't waver, and you certainly don't stumble over every other word! For that to happen, you would have to be SCARED or something! Which you certainly aren't, you should clarify! Nope! You aren't scared of the big, scary snaky lady or the tiny, staring right through your soul girl! Noperino, not spooked at all!

Tall and small stare at you for just a bit longer. And then a bit longer. And then a little bit longer.

You get it! They're trying to intimidate you! But they can't intimidate you! You're GREASED LIGHTNING!



You are at the centermost path! There is an extremely tall woman and a very small little red with a terrifying aura about them standing before you.

They're both laughing uncontrollably.

[ ] Walk right on past! You don't need this noise!

[ ] Apologize. Maybe you can make friends.

[ ] Turn right around. You're not blushing!

[ ] ATTACK! They're off guard!
>> No. 30295
[x] Ponder your sudden identity crisis

Wasn't the winning vote for our name Rolling Thunder? Why are we suddenly calling ourselves Greased Lightning? There were only four votes when we named ourselves and none of those votes even mentioned Greased Lightning.
>> No. 30296
[x] Ponder your sudden identity crisis

this works
>> No. 30297
[x] Ponder your sudden identity crisis

Sure, why not.
>> No. 30298
>> No. 30299
Underneath all the sniffling you weren't doing and puffing of proud chest in what was most certainly not a vain attempt to hide the non-existent pain from having your pride be left unscarred by this obviously ineffective means of ruining your self-esteem, a thought occurred to you. A big one, at that.

Your name isn't Greased Lightning. Your name is Rolling Thunder.

You most certainly aren't about to cry because these two spooky people are laughing at you because they spooked you so bad you couldn't even remember your own name properly and made a total fool of yourself. Shoot, you can't even remember what you're the fairy OF, can you?

The tall one stopped her laughter first, gasping for breath, standing to her full, terrifying height and placing her hands firmly on her hips.

"Alright, little miss 'Mori', My name's Kuroko, hired killer, ladies woman, professional mad woman. This is... Ah... I didn't get your name, small stuff."

The young girl stopped her giggling (which probably would have been cute if she didn't stink of that weird coppery aura) and took a few breaths.

"Goodness, I didn't expect that! Since we're offering our titles as well as our names, allow me introduce myself properly to you both, then, Kuroko."

With a polite curtsy, the small one gave her introduction.

"Just call me Little Red, hired killer, lover, mistress of the night. And what is your name, little fairy?"


[ ] You are GREASED LIG-
- [ ] Wait, no you're ROLLING THUNDER
- - - [ ] FAIRY OF {/input phenomenon*}

*Phenomenon can be anything from a specific event that occurs regularly, such as geysers spouting, to specific ranges of temperature, such as Lukewarmth. Go ahead and be creative. Nothing broad, like 'fairy of cold', you're most certainly not Cirno-tier. And no trying to claim you're some specific breed of nymph, either. You're not a Torch-bearing Hell Fairy. Lampades are Greek. You are Japanese.
>> No. 30300
-[X]Karate student
--[X]Fairy of the storm
>> No. 30301
- [x] Wait, no you're ROLLING THUNDER

>> No. 30302
-[X]Karate student
--[X]Fairy of the rain that falls on the day when you have plans

>> No. 30303
[x] Wait, no you're ROLLING THUNDER

You know that awesome loud rumbling sound that lightning makes? That's us rolling around like a bowling ball.
>> No. 30304
- [x] Wait, no you're ROLLING THUNDER
>> No. 30305
You stand proud and declare your name for the two scar- tough-looking ladies! You are ROLLING THUNDER! You are a PROUD STUDENT OF KARATE! You are the fairy of LIGHTNING THE RAIN TRANSFORMED!

Kuroko has to hide her laughter as Little Red speaks.

"So you're the fairy of post-lightning steam, then?"

You are NOT! You are NOT! And STOP LAUGHING!

Kuroko actually does stop when you ask, as abruptly as flipping a switch. She doesn't stop grinning down at you, though.

You need a moment. A moment that Little Red doesn't give you, not letting you compose yourself.

"Then would you show us your power, Rolling Thunder?"



Your Natural Ability has been unlocked!

Electric Steam: When struck by electricity-based attacks, all water attacks become wind-based and you become resistant to electric attacks.

[ ] I guess, fine! I will! I'll show you all! Electrocute me!

[ ] I-I uh, maybe I should, uh... I need to prepare! Yeah! I need to get my, uh... thing...
>> No. 30306
>> No. 30307
[x] ROLL
>> No. 30308
>> No. 30309
You will not stand for this insult! Even if they ARE scary! You'll show them! You'll show them ALL!






... you'll show them, as soon as you get your breath back!

Kuroko looks at you strangely. She slowly turns her head to look at her tiny friend. Little Red returns the look. They're both making strange, pleased faces. You don't like the looks on those faces.

"Can we keep 'er, Smalls?"



[ ] ROLL
- [ ] HARDER!
- [ ] AWAY!

[ ] {/input command}
>> No. 30310
[x] ROLL
-[x] HARDER!
>> No. 30311
[x] ROLL
-[x] HARDER!

>> No. 30312
>> No. 30313
You won't let them look down at you like that! You're no lost puppy or abandoned cardboard box kitten! All lost...and alone... looking for a nice, kind, cute human with a big, warm home to adopt you and give you food and shelter and to give all your unconditional love... but until then you just wait outside and in the rain and cold... and alone...

"Aww, lookit! She's crying!" Kuroko couldn't help but swoon... Which tends to look unnerving when you can apparently swoon your body to the side at a curve greater than 90 degrees. Little Red reached out her hand without warning.

Youuuuu hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo...

"Her hair is so soft and fluffy, Kuroko! You really must touch it!"

Yoummmmuuuuh... muhuhuhu... heapaps...

"Oh, you're right! This girl's REALLY fluffy!"

mmot... mnot fluffmm... mmmmm...

"Can we keep her Kuroko? Please? With a cherry on top?"

no... camm... canm... can't sdoP YOU!








YOOP! Woah, hey, why'd the rollin' stop? Woah, wait, why are you in the sky? Why is HWOHAHO!

"Aren't you just the cutest lil' rolly polly punch fairy ever?" Said Kuroko to you, inches from her face where she held you suspended by the waistband of your pants. What a je-

Was that a nohka? That was the high-pitched whistling of a nohka, wasn't it?

Kuroko grinned. She looked like she was gonna' cut something and you wished she'd stop.

"What a shame. I was hoping we'd get to keep you around for a bit. But..."

Suddenly, you were falling.

OOF went you and THWUMP went your body. That was uncomfortable...

Little Red finished Kuroko's sentence for her.

"It would appear that this little demo is drawing to a close."


[ ] {/input command}

As the end of the contest draws near, LIGHTNING ROUNDS begin! For as long as your author is able, he'll start calling votes much faster to rack up vote (and WORD) count! But this won't be easy! Good luck, have fun and praise AmterOkuu!

LIGHTNING ROUNDS begin with the next vote! I need to do a few things, but will be back shortly!
>> No. 30314

let's go
>> No. 30315
>> No. 30316
Wait. The demo's ending? But you just STARTED! You didn't even leave the starting area! This isn't fair! This isn't fair at all!

You need to calm down. You take a few breaths. You are breathing. Steadily.

You ask your new acquaintances just what the sam hill is going on. Little Red is happy to explain.

"Do you hear that nohka?"

It sounds one more time, right on cue.

"That sound is that of the sister goddess' signalling the end to come. Our employers have gathered enough data from this little test run, and they will be, 'closing the servers' soon. This, of course, means-"

Kuroko spoke up, eyeing something off in the distance in the direction you came from.

"It means you're all fucked, kid."

You don't see what she sees, being nowhere near as tall as she is, but you aren't sure you want to. Little Red gives you a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

"It's alright, little one. If you can survive long enough, you may even beat one."


"Just don't try to leave through these paths. We've orders to kill anyone who tries. Understood?"

You nod, mortified. Kuroko speaks up again, leaning herself on the torii again.

"You've got a little' time to prepare. I suggest you gt down there and think up a battle plan. Or find a hiding spot. Not that either'll help you much."


[ ] {/input command}
>> No. 30317
So all the fairies are going to get fucking murdered now because the "beta" ended. We can run, hide or fight, first will most likely get us killed and the last two are surefire baddo endo. Let's try to avoid a cutscene death for as long as we can!

>> No. 30318
>> No. 30319
You turn and bolt, no time for even a proper farewell.

Kuroko laughs at you as you go, that jerk.

You find yourself in the center of the area where all the fairies have gathered. Shizuha plays one more long, piercing note to make sure everyone is paying attention. Minoriko speaks as you scan the area for an exit.

Minoriko and Shizuha share a look. Shizuha pats the speaker sitting next to her. They share a nod.

Minoriko speaks.

"Now, are y'all gather'd roun', lil' fey friends? Good, good, good! Now, listen up an' listen up good!"

Kuroko sees you staring in her direction. She slowly points a knife to the left path and shakes her head...

"This lil' trail is gunna' end soon! We're givin' y'all a sec to prep fer th' comin' end, so feel free t' take it 'n spen' it wisely."

Little Red ses you staring on her general direction and points her basket at the right path and shakes her head, smiles all the while.

"Howev'r, we need t' make somethin' very clear t' you! As you all 'r well aware, this game's based offa' that one outsid'r vidja thingamawatchacallit. As you're aware, that game lets ya' come back from th' dead n', with a lil' work, be almos' good 's new!"

Kuroko and Little Red see you staring in their general direction and simply shake their heads from either end of the path.

"The devs, howev'r, h've d'term'ned that that'd give you adorable lil' munchkins no incent've to actually FIN'SH th' game. Therefer, while death ain' perm'nant, its EFFECTS are."

You look at the path you came from. Nobody is guarding THAT, are they?


What was that about permanent consequences?

All of your fellow fairies began to panic a little. Minoriko continued like nothing had happened.

"We 'pologize fer th' inconvenience. Now, we sugges' you make yer time. Or a plan. Or maybe give that frien' o' yers one las' hug. The Gods can't help ya' now. They're the dev team n' all. Now, t' set th' mood, the devs 've provided a track t' play t' set the mood. Sis?"

With a nod, Shizuha took her cue and pressed the button.




You are surrounded by panicked fairies. Permanent? Consequences? What do those two words even MEAN?

[ ] Form up! Find some help! Safety in numbers!
[ ] Get running! Now! Get a head start!
[ ] Hide! Quickly! There has to be SOMEWHERE you can hide!
[ ] {/input command}
>> No. 30320
[x] Get running! Now! Get a head start!
-[x] Take the left path into a forest.

>Therefer, while death ain' perm'nant, its EFFECTS are.
oh no

Two choices here, take the left path back into a forest or the right one to wherever it goes. Latter might go to an area with way more difficult enemies and no space for cover, so we can go there later. If we hide for enough time and pick our battles to get the local equivalent of souls while progressing, we might just meet an NPC that'll let us level up.

...who the fuck am I kidding it's a platemask quest it's getting dropped so hard after the contest is over
>> No. 30321
[x] Get running! Now! Get a head start!
-[x] Take the left path into a forest.
>> No. 30322
You ditch all the fairies behind you! You get running for the left path, the one lined with trees!

You get a good distance before you hear fairies behind you trying to follow suit. But you're well ahead of the pack.

Kuroko steps out slowly to block your path, looming eerily. Her arms are crossed under her breast, knife dangling pointedly from her fingertips.

"Kid, can't you take a hint? You're cute, co I'll give ya' one warning. We were payed to kill everyone who tries to step on to these paths."

Little Red, not moving to help, chimes in.

"Well, it was just this gate before, but the nohka's call was a change in orders, so..."

Kuroku bent over double, the clear difference in your sizes made all the more obvious by how she seemed to engulf all light. You aren't trembling beside her! And your knees most certainly aren't knocking, nosiree Bob!

"... so them's the ropes, sweetheart oh god dammit, now she's trembling."

Kuroko turned her head to look at Little Red, her body curving to follow like a snake.

"Are you SURE there wasn't anything in the contract that'd let us keep one?"

"Keep one what? I mean, LET US THROUGH!"

Kuroko's head snapped to attention, smile gone. Where it had been, a bored frown rested instead.

"Oh yeah? And who's gonna' make me, squirt?"

Behind you is a gaggle of fairies of varying types. Seven, to your count. Four of them were sticking tight to each other, a balanced looking party it seemed. Then the other three were right behind you. All seven fairies were trembling. The one who'd spoken, a particularly pretty fairy with royal blue-and-white hair and a maid costume, spoke again, trying her level best to sound brave.

"We have you outnumbered! Let us through this instant, please!"


Kuroko is brandishing a knife, but is enamored with your cuteness. Or so it seems, at least. But she and Little Red have just been approached by a group of fairies looking for an exit following you.

[ ] Finally! We can take 'em! It's eight on two! The odds are in your favor!

[ ] Step back. Perhaps an opportunity will present itself to slip past. Although there aren't many spots you could stand that would allow you not to make that too obvious...

[ ] Side with Kuroko. She obviously likes you, so browny points are best here! She might let you through (or protect you!) if you get on her good side!

END OF DAYS ABILITY UNLOCK: RAPID SCAN! This ability can only be used just before a fight to get a rudimentary understanding of everyone in a fight. Nowhere near as detailed as a regular scan, but a good starting point at least! For this first use, it can be a free action!
- [ ] Take a quick look at who came to help you.
>> No. 30323
[x] Step back. Perhaps an opportunity will present itself to slip past. Although there aren't many spots you could stand that would allow you not to make that too obvious...
-[x] Take a quick look at who came to help you.
-[x] Conserve your stamina, time your ROLLS to avoid danger and RUN the hell away. You can count on those fairies to be a distraction, but it doesn't seem like they'll win.
>> No. 30324
[x] Step back. Perhaps an opportunity will present itself to slip past. Although there aren't many spots you could stand that would allow you not to make that too obvious...
-[x] Take a quick look at who came to help you.
-[x] Conserve your stamina, time your ROLLS to avoid danger and RUN the hell away. You can count on those fairies to be a distraction, but it doesn't seem like they'll win.
>> No. 30325

Maid Fairy
Class: Maid

Hair: Royal Blue & White
Eyes: Grey-Green

Arms: Throwing knives X ???, Overdue Library Book
Armor: Little Devil's Maid Uniform


Maid Fairy
Class: Maid

Hair: Green
Eyes: I don't think hearts go there

Arms: Witch's Broom
Armor: Witchy Maid Uniform (with hat)


Normal Fairy
Class: Maid (Butler?)

Hair: Heh, that looks like a boy's haircut...
Eyes: Shifty

Arms: Manly Hero's Longsword (a product of NERPH)
Armor: Scarlet Butler's uniform

Harmonious Bolt

Normal Fairy
Class: Knight

Hair: Blue
Eyes: Green

Arms: Particularly Long Kitchen Knife, Pot Lid
Armor: Old and Rusty Hand-me-Down Armor

Running Pine

Zombie Fairy
Class: Thief

Hair: White
Eyes: Red

Arms: Whittling Knife
Armor: Perfectly Normal Fairy Dress


Maid Fairy
Class: Maid

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown

Arms: Food Prep Knives (X2)
Armor: Black French Maid Uniform

Lotus Baby

Normal Fairy
Class: Rifleman

Hair: Pink
Eyes: Green

Arms: Nerph Sniper
Armor: Ugly Sweater Vest and Firing Range Headset

Kuroko Koumori


'Little Red Riding Hood'


Update on the way
>> No. 30326
You don't like your odds here...

You step away and to the side...

"Stay right there, kid." Kuroko calls to you. "I'll be right back with you in a second."

And then the fighting begun. Knives and gunfire and screaming filled the air...



... maybe you'll jus-


That is a knife. A very nice one, too. It's sticking RIGHT out of that ground, right in front of your feet.

"I said wait there, kid."

Despite her dodging a nerf dart, a sword swing and a knife all at once to stab a fairy in the eye, wrenching a sickening scream from the poor girl, her voice never once so much as wavered.

She wasn't fighting. She was playing, wasn't she?

Well, if you wanna' get outta' here, you're gonna' have to play to your STRENGTHS!

You ROLL to the exit and roll AGAIN!

As you thought, another knife lands right where you were! You jog to conserve energy, keeping a close eye on Kuroko.

Of course, to do this, you have to jog backwards or waste energy twisting. You roll only when you see her send a knife your wOOHOOHA!

Little Red just opened fire! Oh, nope, she just got bopped for it. Still, it would be wise to continue rolling until you're in the treeline!



You need a moment to breath.

You're in the entrance to the forest, hidden behind a tree. The sounds of battle still echo to you from here.

It's dark here, but you can see the trees, while tightly packed, allow for travel between them. Where to?

[ ] {/input command}
>> No. 30327
[x] Run away
>> No. 30328
[x] Sneak away from the sounds of battle
The more space we put between us and the two bullies the better, if we run it might be really obvious where we are and it'll tire ourselves out
>> No. 30329
[x] Call out for Tewi
[x] Sneak away from the sounds of battle

>> No. 30330
This should make seperating CONTEST-ERA POST and POST-CONTEST POST easier for the contest hoster!


[X] Sneaky Beaky
>> No. 30331
You can still hear fighting from the torii. The fact that none of the screams you're hearing sound like they belong to tall humans is... distressing to you. You make your slow, careful way in to the forest, doing your level best not to make a sound.

It was much easier to be quiet when you could just fly through the trees...

This forest is dark. Any direction you take would be blind wandering at this point, though, so you slowly plod your way on, hoping for a landmark to show itself.


How long have you been wandering? Goodness gracious, you're starving. The beta should be over by now, so why is the game still going? If it was over you could fly again, right? And you know you can't do that.

Your stomach interrupts you. Either that, or an earthquake.


You are in a forest, which one you do not know. You're starving.

You're a fairy. You can live wholly off of grass if you need to and be just fine. There isn't much grass around here, but there IS grass. Even a couple of flower patches.

But can you afford the rest?

[ ] Graze (food)
- [ ] Think about situation
[ ] Keep moving. You've got to find an exit somehow...
[ ] Roll. It might make you feel better.
[ ] {/input command}
>> No. 30332
[x] Graze (food)
-[x] Think about situation
-[x] Think about directions

List of things we need: energy, fairybux, good encounters and good directions
List of things we don't need: those two humans with a murderboner, that other thing that was going to absolutely cutscene death us
>> No. 30333
>> No. 30334
>only one voting for the fourth time
>in a platemask quest that somehow still isn't fucking dead
>> No. 30335
You need food. You won't be escaping much when you keep rumbling your whereabouts to everything.

You go to a patch of Daisies. You eat as much as you can. Oh man, do you eat as much as you can. Daisies are always the best to eat! Mmm, mmm, that rich, earthy taste and texture, like nothing else... If only you knew somebody who could cook, you'd REALLY feast!

Oh ho ho HO! You may feast yet! Does that patch have TULIPS!?


One full stomach, two Daisy and two Tulip to the inventory and a satisfied belch later, you're drowsing in a patch of sunlight in a branch on a tree, nibbling lazily on a leaf, moments from sleep.

After a feast like THAT, you needed a rest... Besides, all that rolling takes it out of a girl...

You really can't afford to sleep, though a nap would be fine. The game is over, so they've probably done something at the shrine...

... those sisters seemed so nice, too.

You're on the run and those girls are probably after you. The tall one was scary as all heck and the small one had what felt like an iron-scented version of those two sister's aura... You probably did the smart thing avoiding confrontation with them. You can only hope they weren't pursuing you.

Come to think of it, you can't really tell WHERE you are. You'd climb higher and check, but what if something cans still fly? Maybe it can wait until after your nap, when you can escape faster... Although this certainly doesn't feel like the Forest of Magic. It might be the Tengu Mountain's forest, or it might have been made FOR this game. Who knows?



You are in a forest, which one, you don't know. You are in a tree.

It is late at night, the sun set and the moon waning.

You heard a loud sound.

[ ] Up and ready! First strike!
[ ] Silence! Don't move! Listen!
[ ] Run! Observe later!

[ ] {/input command}
>> No. 30336
[x] Run! Observe later!

depending on what this is we might be able to beat it
>> No. 30337
[x] Run! Observe later!

Missed the vote last time because reasons.
>> No. 30338
[x] Run! Observe later!
>> No. 30339
>> No. 30341

This means UPDATE SOON!

We're TOO CLOSE to the end to let this story DIE!
>> No. 30358
>This means UPDATE SOON!

>2 months later, still no update.

You were SO CLOSE to the end and you still let the story DIE! Get back here and finish what you started!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]

[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Report post

[Switch to Mobile Page]