[Return] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
 (Deletion Password)
 (Reply to 24863)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM, WEBP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog
Show or hide post box

 ►
Hide Thread
Watch Thread
Expand All Images
File 138698097130.jpg - (316.51KB, 800x566, splainin time.jpg) [iqdb]
24863
Thread 1: >>/youkai/22769
Thread 2: >>/youkai/23061
Thread 3: >>/youkai/23345
Thread 4: >>/youkai/23651
Thread 5: >>/youkai/23942
Thread 6: >>/youkai/24231
Thread 7: >>/youkai/24553

------------------------------------------


Okay. I can do this. Just stay calmSHE HAS HER FUCKING GOHEI OUT THIS IS BAD.

"After everything else, you have the nerve to walk in here while I'm trying to have a nice breakfast with my wife after THIS?!" Reimu shoves a copy of the Kakashi Spirit News in my face. It looks like someone's been drawing mustaches on the Mikami. "Explain to me why I shouldn't just blast you to the damn moon and let the loonies up there deal with you!"

Just... stay calm. Gotta stay calm. Let Reimu vent, let her get it out of her system, don't want to aggravate the pissed-off miko...

"Reimu," Remilia says gently, "We talked about this. Getting angry about it won't do you any good. Now, Aya has clearly come here for a reason. We should just let her speak and then judge, based on what she has to say."

Ah, leave it to the wifey to calm the... other wife... down. I don't even know what the proper terminology is.

"...Fine," Reimu grunts, crossing her arms. "Let's see what Miss Peeps-a-Lot has to say for herself."

Okay, looks like I have a chance, here. "I-"

"I don't want to hear it!" Reimu shouts, throwing her hand into the air. Remilia groans and facepalms, while I do everything I can not to cringe. An angry Reimu is a truly terrifying sight. "Do you know why I'm angry, Aya?"

"...Probably?" I try.

"Probably?!" Reimu howls. "Let me give you a full list, shall I?! First of all, you've been peeping on me and harassing me for years! Always trying to get a picture of my underwear, or a picture of me changing, or me in the bath, or anything that creepy people like to look at as they go to sleep! Do you have any idea just how much it creeps me out, knowing that someone could be... touching themselves as they go to sleep, looking at a picture of me?! To say nothing of some of those articles you write!"

Ouch. She's got me pegged there. I didn't know Reimu was so mad about that. On the other hand, she has good reason, and this is probably how a lot of other people feel, too.

"But you know what? I can handle that! At least you never broke my shrine into a bazillion pieces. So I can label you as just 'irritating' rather than 'annoying.'" Reimu keeps on glaring at me. "And you got arrested, and you got released, and you're turning over a new leaf and helping a forgotten goddess look good with people. Fine, Hina always seemed nice, and could use the credit. I have no problem there." The miko pierces me with a dark look and taps the newspaper with her gohei. "Somewhere along the way, though, your 'help Hina' project turned into 'more competition for Reimu!' I already have to deal with the Taoists, Miss Boobtacular, and She Who Always Has That Peaceful Smile! How am I supposed to compete when you're practically giving out free booze?! And tea! New shrine! A view! Arghleblargle...!" Reimu trails off into angrish sputtering, making throttling motions with her hands.

I look over at Remilia, but she just shrugs as Reimu chokes on her outrage. After a while, the miko manages to get a hold of herself. "The point I'm trying to make here is that I'm very mad right now, Aya," she says, slow and careful.

"Reimu, darling, you really don't need to worry about donations anymore," Remilia says carefully. "We're rich. Ludicrously so. If you let me, we could probably rebuild your shrine a hundred times over without making a dent in our finances-"

"Not! The! Point!" Reimu declares, steadily working herself back up to Righteous Indignation. "It's not about the donations, it's the fact that the Hakurei clan has always been the seat of Gensokyo's faith, and now I have a bunch of competitors! I'm sick of this, already!" She glares at me. "So, let's hear it! What do you have to say for yourself, huh?!"

I take a deep breath. "I'm sorry," I say quietly.

Reimu stares at me blankly. "What?"

"I'm sorry," I repeat, "I'm sorry about everything. I really am."

Reimu slowly reels backward, goggling at me. Her gohei and newspaper fall out of suddenly limp fingers. "You... are?"

"Yes."

She stares at me, looking a bit faint. "Oh. Um... can I have a minute here? Nobody's ever apologized so readily to me before." Remilia snaps her fingers, and Sakuya materializes just long enough to put a chair behind Reimu before disappearing again. The miko sinks down into it, shaking her head dazedly. "So... you're really sorry?"

I bow deeply. "I really am. I'm sorry about all the pictures, and the news articles. I wasn't in my right mind at the time, and in a twisted way, I was actually trying to be your friend. The articles were due to pressure being put on me by the elders, and I was terrified of thwarting them lest I be exiled and be forced to be alone." I sigh, straightening up. "Honestly, all of that was just part of something that's been going on for a long while now. I'm just sorry that you were caught up in all of it."

"Oh," Reimu says again. "In that case... apology accepted. I mean, I know how hard it can be to be on your own for a long time." Her voice is a bit melancholy, and Remilia puts a hand on Reimu's shoulder, smiling lovingly. "Just.... don't do that stuff ever again, and we'll call it even, okay?" The miko gives me a gentle smile.

I place my hand over my heart. "I won't. I promise." I hesitate for a moment. "Um... I'm also sorry about crashing your wedding like that. That was really a bit too much of me, and-"

"Oh, don't worry about that," Reimu says, waving me off. "I mean, the whole thing was just a trap to catch you, anyway."

What.

"What?" I ask numbly.

"They never told you?" Remilia asks in surprise. "It's true. It was all a plan to catch you in the first place, but then we decided to just go along with it. Best choice I ever made." The vampire looks very pleased with herself.

"Same here," Reimu says quietly, blushing a bit. She coughs. "So, uh, they never told you that?"

"...They neglected to mention it to me," I admit, feeling some insane laughter boiling up inside me. No, no, calm down Aya. You got played good, credit where credit is due, it certainly worked and you have only yourself to blame for it all. "But all of that aside... I'm not going to apologize for helping out Hina, Mino, and Shizu."

"Oh?" Reimu aks looking at me neutrally.

"No," I confirm. "They're all good goddesses, and they deserve a lot more than the lip service that they were getting. Look, the Mikami aren't about causing trouble, or making big sweeping changes to Gensokyo. They're all just about making each day worthwhile for people, for making life productive, pleasant, and fortunate. Heck, there's no reason why you can't come over and raise a glass with the other faiths! With us! We want to remain neutral, and get along with everyone if they'll let us."

"The whole not causing trouble thing does appeal to me," Reimu quips, smirking a bit.

"I thought you like it when I cause trouble," Remilia says, grining down at her wife.

"No," Reimu grins back, "You like what I do when I catch you making trouble." She gives me a sharp look. "No reporting any of this."

"Wouldn't dream of it," I say carefully, feeling very awkward. Yeeeaaahhhh, starting a column on what married couples do together is a little too out there for me. Which I guess is a good sign of how far I've come.

"Anyway, I'm not really mad," Reimu says, standing up. "I was just a bit irritated when I found out that there was some more competition for faith, but it sounds like you guys are going to be fairly benign. Plus, as a Shinto priestess, I do recognize the right of all gods to gather faith so... just don't cause an incident, and we'll be fine." Reimu smiles warmly at me.

I sigh in relief. Oh good. Reimu's going to be reasonable about this. "Thank you for understanding," I say gratefully.

She giggles. "Well, I was annoyed at first, but it's out of my system now. I hope things go well for you and your goddesses! Just, uh, don't schedule anything on one of my shrine's holy days, all right? I still gotta do the festivals and all."

I raise my hands in a placating gesture. "Hey, no worries there. We're not here to step on any toes. I mean, the Mikami are all about good food, good drink, good luck, making art, working hard and enjoying life! On the other hand, your shrine is, well..." I trail off as Reimu waits expectantly. "...Beating people up?" I try.

Reimu's smile shatters. Remilia slowly starts to facepalm.

"Um..." I wring my hands nervously, trying to recover from this gaffe. "Well, you're clearly about exterminating youkai, and maintaining Gensokyo, and... and..." I give up. "Okay, to be blunt, Reimu, I have absolutely no idea what the tenets of your faith are. I mean, who's your god again?"

Reimu slowly bends down and picks up her gohei, then straightens back up with blazing eyes. "Care to say that again?" she asks, voice low and deadly.

"I can't believe you brought up the god thing," Remilia mutters, turning away from the scene of carnage yet to be.

Reimu glares at me, face red and body trembling. That's great. That's fantastic. Now I'm back to square one. Now what?

[ ] Run.
[ ] Apologize. Again.
[ ] Genuflect.
[ ] Take it like a tengu.
[ ] Talk to Reimu, get her to calm down (write-in for your words required here).
[X] Genuflect
-[X] From the lake
--[X] Goddamnit Yukari.
sorry.

[X] Apologize 2: Apologize Harder!
If every second word out of our mouth is apologetic, hopefully she won't kill us.
[X] Take it like a tengu.

*Facepalm*

Aya, sometimes it's best to just shup up or make up something that sounds a lot nicer than what you're actually thinking.
[x] Apologize. Again.
[x] Genuflect.
[x] Talk to Reimu, get her to calm down
-[x]"I honestly don't remember! It must have been a hundred years since I was last on speaking terms with the Hakurei! You can't really expect me to remember that far back!"
--[x] If all else fails, take it like a tengu

I was tempted to offer an article in the Bunbunmaru dedicated to the Hakurei god when Aya starts it back up, but I don't know if Reimu even knows it's name.
[X] Genuflect.

Well that was stupid. Hopefully she'll miss a swing if we're on our hands and knees.
[x] Talk to Reimu, get her to calm down
"WAIT WAIT WAIT okay I've been working on public relations for Hina so maybe I could do something similar for you NOT THAT YOU NEED IT PLEASE DON'T HIT ME like I could check my histories they go back a thousand years you know maybe there's some mention of the Hakurei god in there somewhere or I could ask Akyuu or Keine and we could cross-reference and research and stuff I JUST WANT TO HELP I NEVER MEANT TO HURT ANYONE."
Told you guys not to poke the miko.

Also, did she seriously not even read the article on Aya?
I say when in doubt, take refuge in audacity:

[x] Reimu, this is your whole problem right here. I know nothing about your faith, and instead of explaining it to me calmly you jump straight to beating me up. No one knows anything about your faith because you don't tell anyone about your faith. Whenever the subject comes up, you get all defensive about it and just clobber the poor sap. Heck, I'm half convinced that YOU don't know anything about your own faith, so you just beat everyone up to compensate. Really you have no one to blame but yourself.
>>24869
I doubt it.
>>24870
You actually want us to die, don't you.
>>24862

>Okay, calling vote for letting Reimu vent, followed by careful discussion
>careful

Careful my ass, goddamnit Aya!
[x] Talk to Reimu, get her to calm down
-[x] Talk about how she herself has promoted peace in gensokyo between humans and youkai and how she ensures nothing goes terribly wrong.
-[x] what >>24869 said.
So anyway. Was Meiling involved in the 'let's bait Aya into a trap by holding a wedding' plan?
Because if she was, I vote we punch her in the face. Frankly I can't understand why Keymaster keeps writing Aya's interactions with her being so calm and friendly. It doesn't make any sense.
Crazy but this might work.

[x] Put some one else on the spot (not Remillia) (Sakuya for example, she can just vanish)
-[x] If she sees that no one knows who her god is then she may calm down (or at least be too tired from beating up everyone else to hit hard) (otherwise at least we get knowledge with buries.)

[x] If she doesn't know offer to dig through old papers for the who.
Okay, ever since getting married she's gotten better, but Reimu is still...well, Reimu. When someone tries to talk to her, she beats them up. When they try to be rational, she beats them up. If they do nothing but happen to be in Reimu's way, she beats them up, even if they aren't involved. And while it technically works, there's a good reason for the "Reimu is a bitch" meme. She needs to see that violence doesn't always work. thus, bringing us to >>24870's suggestion

[x] Reimu, this is your whole problem right here. I know nothing about your faith, and instead of explaining it to me calmly you jump straight to beating me up. No one knows anything about your faith because you don't tell anyone about your faith. Whenever the subject comes up, you get all defensive about it and just clobber the poor sap. Heck, I'm half convinced that YOU don't know anything about your own faith, so you just beat everyone up to compensate. Really you have no one to blame but yourself.
So, something a bit off topic: no one really knows anything about what Reimu's shrine and bloodline is all about except that they somehow are connected to the barrier between Gensokyo and the Outside World, and that they were youkai exterminators before Reimu developed the spellcard rules. Considering that the barrier seems to benefit youkai the most, giving them shelter from the humans of the Outside World and allowing them to thrive, and considering that the spellcard rules allow youkai to be reasonably youkai-ish with a lessened threat from actual extermination by humans...

Well, what I'm getting at is that, currently, the most logical source of worshippers for Reimu are youkai, not humans.
>>24877
This is totally wrong on multiple levels.
>>24874
Well it was a plan made up by the voters of being Meiling.
>>24879
So she wasn't just involved, she was entirely responsible?
Okay then.
Keymaster, if you just brush this off, I'll be very cross indeed. As far as I'm concerned, Aya's been way too forgiving of Meiling's actions. Not blowing up on her is fine, but the buddy-buddy stuff in the bar and at the gate was totally unbelievable.
Yes, what Aya did was wrong, but none of it was permanent, and none of it was done with malicious intent. Neither is true for Meiling, regardless of who she was trying to protect.
File 13869891524.jpg - (257.48KB, 1600x1200, 1371248193649.jpg) [iqdb]
24881
>>24874
>Frankly I can't understand why Keymaster keeps writing Aya's interactions with her being so calm and friendly.

I once asked my father what people were like in the Wild West, where everyone walked around with at least two loaded revolvers on their person.

He looked at me and said "Well, son, they were very polite."

Apply that to Gensokyo. Aya and Meiling are being polite to each other, but there's real tension underneath.

There's such a thing as subtlety in writing, folks.
[x] Reimu, this is your whole problem right here. I know nothing about your faith, and instead of explaining it to me calmly you jump straight to beating me up. No one knows anything about your faith because you don't tell anyone about your faith. Whenever the subject comes up, you get all defensive about it and just clobber the poor sap.

Cutting out the last bit, it's not productive.

Also, really? Fundamentally, world of youkai, Meiling was acting in defense of another. From a PR perspective if nothing else, getting publicly mad at Meiling is just going to undo any progress we make.
>>24880
All of the SDM was in on it I believe, aswell as Momiji and Reisen I think.
[x] Wait Reimu this is important.
-[x] Right now people are thankful to Reimu The incident resolver, the guardian of the barrier, the protector of the wonderland, etcetera. You're not getting any faith because because they don't know what does your shrine stand for. For all they know, you could be living in a pyramid and it'd be the same thing.
-[x] It doesn't matter if you don't know who the god is or where is she right now: all religions in the outside deal with the same thing. What matters is that you know what does your faith stand for and what benefits does it give to believers.

We owe her this much. Also? Called the stupid comment about her faith.
>"No reporting about this okay?"
>"Don't worry, my newspaper, along with everything else I had, was destroyed when your gardener burned down the house I made with my own hands a millennia ago"

This is how it went in my mind.

Anyway, good update!
[x] Reimu, this is your whole problem right here. I know nothing about your faith, and instead of explaining it to me calmly you jump straight to beating me up. No one knows anything about your faith because you don't tell anyone about your faith. Whenever the subject comes up, you get all defensive about it and just clobber the poor sap. Heck, I'm half convinced that YOU don't know anything about your own faith, so you just beat everyone up to compensate. Really you have no one to blame but yourself.

I feel like this will work. Hopefully with minimal pain.
[x] Apologize. Again.
[x] Talk to Reimu; try to get her to calm down.
- [x] "I honestly don't remember! It must have been two or three hundred years since I was last on speaking terms with the Hakurei! You can't really expect me to remember that far back!"
- - [x] If (when) all else fails, take it like a tengu.

>>24870
>I say when in doubt, take refuge in audacity
You, er, don't appear to understand what "tak[ing] refuge in audacity" means.

As written and as conceived, this is a terrible idea. Seriously, we need Reimu at least reasonably well-disposed towards us, or else she'll be more than willing to leave us to hang should the Kochiyas come calling.
>>24881
That's not how I've been seeing it, but whatever.
At this point, I'd honestly prefer to avoid interacting with Meiling altogether.
[x] Reimu, this is your whole problem right here. I know nothing about your faith, and instead of explaining it to me calmly you jump straight to beating me up. No one knows anything about your faith because you don't tell anyone about your faith. Whenever the subject comes up, you get all defensive about it and just clobber the poor sap. Heck, I'm half convinced that YOU don't know anything about your own faith, so you just beat everyone up to compensate. Really you have no one to blame but yourself.

I like getting to the heart of the matter myself.
>"Oh, don't worry about that," Reimu says, waving me off. "I mean, the whole thing was just a trap to catch you, anyway."

Saw that coming a good, oh, 7 threads ago

>Reimu slowly bends down and picks up her gohei, then straightens back up with blazing eyes. "Care to say that again?" she asks, voice low and deadly.

Aaand this is why I stated that we should explicitly not do that.

[x] NOT >>24876

Being confrontational isn't gonna get us out of being in trouble for being confrontational.

>>24875 this more or loess does the same thing without being directly confrontational.

[x] Put some one else on the spot (not Remillia) (Sakuya for example, she can just vanish)
-[x] If she sees that no one knows who her god is then she may calm down (or at least be too tired from beating up everyone else to hit hard) (otherwise at least we get knowledge with buries.)

[x] If she doesn't know offer to dig through old papers for the who.
[x] Put some one else on the spot (not Remillia) (Sakuya for example, she can just vanish)
-[x] If she sees that no one knows who her god is then she may calm down (or at least be too tired from beating up everyone else to hit hard) (otherwise at least we get knowledge with buries.)

[x] If she doesn't know offer to dig through old papers for the who.

Perhaps we can not be complete idiots for once.
[X] Genuflect.

Let's just keep our mouth shut. It hasn't been helping out.
>>24892
>>24891
too late for that considering the write in that's winning. Because not having anything good to say (such as enabling the peace many are enjoyihg) and saying some more flattering stuff is such a good idea.

Well hopefully there'll be enough of Aya for Hina to pick up afterwards.
>>24870

The last thing we need is Reimu and Remilia as our enemy. Being upfront works with the likes of, say, Akyuu. It won't work with Reimu. We've put our foot in it once and see how she reacted. Let's please not repeat the same mistake, everyone. Rather, let's butter her up a bit first. We know how well appealing to her pride works in 'Being Meiling' when Remilia was busy courting Reimu. Let's start with that. Then rephrase the whole god issue a little and bring it up diplomatically.

[X] Stand firm, return to being polite. "I'm sorry, Reimu, I didn't mean to offend you. That could have come out better, I know. Allow me a chance to rephrase that. You are Gensokyo's one and only true incident resolver, the only one we can truly rely on when the serious fairypoop hits the nuclear reactor. DyCirno and all the other upstarts might go around playing hero, helping little old ladies across the street and stopping candy thieves, but we won't turn to them when the sun raven thinks Gensokyo would look good sunny side up. No, we would think of Reimu.

Humans and youkai both believe in your ability, knowing you'd not only resolve the incident beautifully, you'd bring about a peaceful resolution. Look at Remilia, not only did you stop the scarlet mist incident, she became a peaceful friend to Gensokyo...and little more to you. You bring about long term peace and resolution. And we can rely on you for that. That earns you the trust of all of Gensokyo's big players.

Now, people are perhaps quick to forget all that, the number of times you've saved us all from certain doom. And you probably feel all that lack of gratitude. Goodness knows I know that feeling. But part of the reason is, if I may be frank, is that nobody knows you need any gratitude, any faith, in return. Trust me, I'm Gensokyo's number one....or, rather, used to be number one ace reporter until I lost everything. And you see, despite my wealth of information, I didn't know anything about you needing any faith or worship. I didn't even know you stood for a religion or a god. All your anger now makes that quite clear to me. And I feel you've been dealt injustice you don't deserve. You deserve better.

I'll lay it out for you. The way I see it, the best people know is that you stand for youkai extermination and incident resolution. Ask anybody else in this mansion, they probably know little more. And I would love to help you with this to make up for all my past misdeeds. But you need to help yourself first. Reimu, please, tell me, what do you know of your own faith? What god or goddess do you stand for? What are the tenets of your faith?"

And just another write-in vote which I think would not only resolve things, it would add Reimu as a powerful ally and also help her gain faith.

[x] "Reimu, if I may be so bold, at the moment the Hakurei doesn't seem to have a clear deity to worship but you do have the genius shrinemaiden of paradise. Now the Mikami have 3 deities and no shrinemaiden. I want to become a shrinemaiden worthy of my goddesses and I think there is nobody better than the all-powerful miko of the Hakurei to become an apprentice to. Imagine, Reimu, the talk that will go around the human and youkai villages 'The Mikami shrine's new miko is receiving training from the Hakurei miko herself. At the Mikami shrine!', 'The Hakurei miko herself?!', 'That's very generous of the Hakurei Miko, I didn't think she did that sort of thing', 'I've heard of this Hakurei Miko, I want to see her myself.'. There's a lot of faith to be made there, a lot of exposure, a lot of reputation boosting to earn. And who knows? You might be able to start changing how people see your faith by meeting more people at the Mikami shrine. We're all about change after all.'

And perhaps one day Reimu might even become a miko to the Mikami. Who knows? Maybe Hina and the Akis might extend an invitation to her to become a permanent clergy member. But I think this is a safe starting point, one that would keep her from lording it over the Mikami and still keep her around as a boon.
And people wondered about the retarded votes in Being Meiling. Bracing for the voters in Keymasters next story to rage about this shit.
In all fairness, 'Being Meiling' was a lighthearted comedy. All the votes were played up for fun, even burning down Aya's house. At the time staging a marriage to lure in Aya was an excellent idea. We were ecstatic at MEiling's successes. We were cheering for her, celebrating Aya's capture and punishment, satisfied that justice had been dealt to she who dared threaten one of the few people Meiling could truly call family. None of us expected this.

The fact that it now has an impact on the sequel, such a deep one in fact, is something I feel Keymaster has played on for maximum impact. It's a stroke of genius.

Right now we're cheering for Aya. Who knows? Next sequel we might be playing Akyuu and dealing with all the consequences of having to retract many of her statements, or having to deal with the mass of unsatisfied youkai breaking her door down demanding justice? As we sympathize with Akyuu's misfortunes as we did with Aya's, we might start thinking 'Aya's such a b****!' just as people are now raging at Meiling.
[x] Apologize. Again.
[x] Genuflect.
[x] If all else fails, take it like a tengu
>>24870

This one's a ridiculously suicidal vote as many have pointed out. Anybody who jumped on the suicide bandwagon, please, please, for the love of Aya, get off and change your vote. It's about as senseless as that previous vote to point out the Reimu's lack of a god. Look where that landed us? We're treading a fine line here, don't dig that hole any deeper.
>>24896

I actually meant people bitching about really, really stupid votes in Being Meiling while they vote for equally stupid stuff in here. Talking back and pointing out character flaws/ pressing a sore topic on someone that solves every problem with clobbering, even if Aya is in the right? After she came to apologize because she acted like an idiot in the first place? Not a smart idea. Not very smart indeed.

Oh and people wanting Aya to get even with Meiling because of the staged wedding? Just wow. It was a good idea to catch her back then, it still is now, Remilia and Reimu acutally rolled with it and are glad that the wedding happened. I dont see the why people are having a problrm with it now and are mad at Meiling of all people. Sure, it adds to the other stuff and it was her idea, but she wasnt in it alone and maybe, just maybe Aya should be a tad more mad that Momiji actively helped if she should be mad at all.
[x] Be honest but understanding, as shown here: >>24894

>>24896

> Next sequel we might be playing Akyuu and dealing with all the consequences of having to retract many of her statements

As the one who pushed hard for tongue-lashing Akyuu, I approve of this fic.

> "-and She Who Always Has That Peaceful Smile!"

That gives me the perfect idea for the title: "Heida no Akyuu's Heart-Throbbing Adventure!"
[X] Be honest but understanding, as shown here: >>24894

I'm all for Aya asking Reimu to be her mentor too. KeyMaster did hint that we need to be canny to gain followers. I think here's such an opportunity, in a roundabout sort of way.
Part 2 of my appreciation rap.

Cuz we're all'a'changin'
Got a big harvest comin' in
Got truth I gotta sing
Rock'n'Roar, Roll'n'Soul
We gonna shake it up y'all

No tombstone, no memory
Think the dead won't speak free?
Man, yer crampin my style
keepin'em silent and the world won't see
Well I'm rampin' up the volume dial
Deal with it, yo

You thought them buried
But them seeds ya sown
You ignored them way too long
They're returnin' to claim their own
Tonight, bro, it's our harvest moon

See, just cause you say
the dead won't jus' shut up
Cuz when we're done
They ain't jus' talkin'
They gonna rave on your grave
Son

Cuz we're all'a'changin'
Got a big harvest comin' in
Got truth I gotta sing
Rock'n'Roar, Roll'n'Soul
We gonna shake it up y'all
>shitstorm over previous vote

I dunno what people are getting mad about, the result was funny. Plus, we can still salvage it!

[X] Be honest but understanding, as shown here: >>24894
>>24899
I don't want Aya to 'get even' with Meiling, I just want her to express a reasonable amount of anger over the shit she pulled. So far she's been acting like a highschool student getting bullied by the popular girl, and it just doesn't sit right with me.
Also, I never participated in Being Meiling, so my perspective is probably quite different to those that did.
She was angry, at least back at the bar. However she was mature enough to let Meiling's words sink in. And she was wise enough to see that what Meiling did in trapping, capturing and turning her in was justified. She's grown so much now that she's realized the error of her ways, that what she did was indeed criminal, and she's even reflected that if she were in Meiling's shoes she would probably have gone as far as killing the creep. As for burning down the house, Meiling did say it was short of outright killing Aya. Aya's decided to accept that.

Being outwardly courteous to each other is entirely mature of the two. In fact, I respect Aya all the more for it. It shows that she's grown massively as a person since the start of the story.
>>24905
None of what you said makes burning down her house in any way reasonable.
>>24895
Indeed. The latest write ins are garbage.

[x]>>24894
this one, however...

Please do not count this vote >>24884, it is mine and I'm replacing it. Not because I don't like it, but because a terrible vote is winning and we should join forces.
[X] Stand firm, return to being polite.
[x] Also be apologetic

Because let's not be dumb, guys.
I'll go with:

[x] Be polite
[x] Also, apologize

With a side order of:

[x] "I honestly don't remember! It must have been a hundred years since I was last on speaking terms with the Hakurei! You can't really expect me to remember that far back!"

Because honestly I think that has the highest odds of derailing the Reimu Rage Train.
File 138713715934.jpg - (126.75KB, 850x637, fuck this shit.jpg) [iqdb]
24912
Okay, gonna call the vote for a mix of apology and >>24894 (though more paraphrasing of the latter then just writing it over).

As for the when? Well, I am currently mired in a personal little hell known in the darkest of circles as FINALS WEEK. And while I do find writing to be therapeutic, I sorta have to put studies first. Ergo, while updates will probably happen this week, it will be at a much slower pace than normal.

Short version: exams are killing me oh god make it stop.
May the force be with you.
File 138714859619.jpg - (244.76KB, 850x681, expressions to avoid.jpg) [iqdb]
24916
Okay, what does one do when one's words cause another anger and frustration to the point that they consider directing bodily harm against you? Why, you fill the air with even more words in a desperate attempt to appease them! I mean hey, it's either that or get my ass kicked!

"Now, R-Reimu," I stammer, holding my hands up in a calming gesture, "Try to calm down there! I mean, okay, that could have come out better. A lot better. A million times better! And I'm really, really sorry that I offended you! You have absolutely no idea as to the depths of my regret!"

"I wonder how far that regret goes?" Reimu wonders in a terrifyingly quiet voice. She raises her gohei. "Shall we find out?"

"Eep!" I squeak, staring at the implement of miko mayhem. "I mean, allow me to rephrase all of that! You, Reimu Hakurei, are Gensokyo's number one! The best incident resolver, the guarantor of peace, the one everybody can count on to right the scales when things go belly-up! And boy, do we appreciate your hard work! Never mind all those pretenders, original Hakurei is where it's at when you need things settled, you know what I mean?"

"It's a hard job," Reimu agrees, stalking toward me slowly. "I mean, here I am with the weight of all of Gensokyo bearing down on me, a ridiculous list of expectations weighing me down, and if I do anything that upsets somebody? Well, that makes me a terrible miko, doesn't it?" Reimu pierces my soul with her gaze. I try to back up some more, only to back into the closed doors to the dining room. There is no escape. There is only Reimu, and her divine wrath,

"Terrible miko?" I scoff, "Reimu, you're the best miko around! I mean forget Sanae and her weird interests, you're the one that everybody turns to! I mean, you don't just crush the trouble-makers, you flat out incorporate them into society. Just look at your beautiful wife!" I desperately point to Remilia, who gives me a suspicious glare. "Your predecessors might have blasted her out of existence, but you? Nah, you got her to stop, made a friend, and even got a wife out of the deal! I mean, forget Byakuren and all her talk, you're the one bringing peace to our Gensokyo. Reimu Hakurei, the one all the big players turn to and respect!"

"When they're not criticizing me for everything," Reimu snorts. "Paying to much attention to youkai. Not paying enough attention to youkai. Focusing on extermination too much. Not doing enough extermination. Not paying enough attention to rites and rituals nobody else has cared for in generations. Too violent, too disinterested, too obsessed with money, not doing enough to keep up her shrine." She whips the gohei forward until it's almost scratching my nose. "Hell, I even have people harassing me about having children because I'm not 'allowed' to let the line die off! Do you have any idea how much that infuriates me?!"

"Um..." Remilia looks awkward.

"Ah! N-not that I don't want to have kids some day!" Reimu quickly assures Remilia, "I just hate people laying all of these expectations on me, you know what I mean?" She turns back to glare at me. "For instance, how the hell am I supposed to spread the faith when nobody's given a damn about the shrine for decades?"

"Um, the price of success?" I ask weakly. "You're so good at what you do that nobody realizes just how essential you are? Because I'm not like that! I have always held a massive amount of respect for the works of the Hakurei! I mean, all of your predecessors were amazing women..." Reimu raises a suspicious eyebrow, "...in the conduct of their duties! And you're the same! I mean, how many times have you saved this land from absolute chaos? It's a hell of a lot, and gods know Yukari wouldn't be able to stop it! Nope, Reimu Hakurei, the absolute bedrock upon which all of Gensokyo rests!" An idea occurs to me. "And you deserve better!"

Reimu blinks in surprise. "Oh yeah?"

"Absolutely!" I enthuse. "I mean, you deserve more gratitude, more recognition, more respect! Why, people should be coming up to you and bowing, thanking you for all of your hard work every day! The key here is exposure!"

The miko glares at me. "Are you talking about getting me into a swimsuit and posing?"

I sigh. "No, I'm really not. Not that it's a bad idea, and I think you'd look great in a bikini." I look over at Remilia. "Back me up here, she's your wife."

"She totally looks good in a bikini," Remilia nods with a grin.

"Exactly! The beautiful, talented miko! But that's not the point!" I raise my hand for emphasis. "See, look at what I've been doing with the Mikami. Advertising, Reimu. We've been letting people know what they do, what they stand for. Now, I haven't dealt directly with a Hakurei in over a century. I literally can't remember what you guys stand for, other than smacking around youkai."

"The Hakurei shrine is all about balance," Reimu replies, as though quoting by rote. "The absolutely essential balance between man and monster, human and youkai, which while constantly in flux, nevertheless is an essential element of our lives. It's about living well, yet living in moderation. That's why I go from laying around the shrine to clobbering youkai. I can't go on patrol all the time; I'd lose myself to the endless battle against youkai, which isn't supposed to be won in any case. Plus, things are a lot more peaceful these days, so my direct intervention is no longer necessary as often." She rolls her eyes. "Not that anyone seems to care about all of that."

I cough. "Well, that's what I mean! You gotta let people know about your faith! What you do, and why! Did you read the article about me?"

Reimu hesitates. "...Yes. Quite a story, and it does explain some of your past behavior."

"Right, I say smoothly, "That's what I'm getting at! I took the chance to set the record straight, and so can you! Just let people know what your deal is, and why thing are the way they are. Sometimes, you just have to spell it out for people, you know?"

The miko nods slowly, chewing on her lip. "Makes sense. Okay. Are you volunteering to write an article?"

"Eh, I'm a bit busy with other stuff right now, but Hatate could probably do a good job for you," I say evenly. "I'd be happy to lend a hand, of course, but if you tell people what the deal is, you'd never have to worry about people questioning you about how you do things ever again! I mean, some people may disagree, but it'll sure as heck deal with a lot of the naysayers!"

Reimu heaves a sigh. "...Okay. I admit that the shrine really isn't known for much beyond youkai extermination, and maybe I need o spread the word a bit more. But I also maintain that it's hard to do that when most people already have a basic idea of what we stand for but tend to overlook the shrine anyway. I mean, since I was a kid, I've been looked at as more of a mercenary than a priestess... but I'll take your words into consideration and think about speaking out a bit more." She sighs again. "So I accept your apology, roundabout though it was."

"Thank you," I say in relief. Then another thought occurs to me. "Say, Reimu? mind if I ask you something."

The miko shrugs, her gohei mercifully put away. "Sure go ahead."

"Well, the big reason that I'm not working towards rebuilding my newspaper at the moment is due to how busy I am helping the Mikami out with their shrine. In fact, heh, I'm the closest thing they have to a shrine maiden right now." Reimu just stares at me. "I know, right? Thing is, I'm not too sure how to go about being a shrine maiden. On the other hand, who better than the renowned heir of the Hakerei clan to provide me with some instruction? Think about it! People talking about the kind, generous Hakurei priestess, helping out the new faith by instructing its first shrine maiden! I mean, that would do amazing things for your reputation, and change things around for you, know what I mean? After all, the Mikami are all about good change!"

Reimu stares at me blankly. "...You want me to teach you how to be a shrine maiden?"

"Well, yeah," I nod.

"A youkai shrine maiden?" Reimu seems a little floored by the concept.

"Er, well why not?" I laugh weakly. "I mean, Gensokyo is changing! Just look at your marriage!"

"...Training a miko for a rival faith..." Reimu just stares at me like I've grown a second head.

"Is that a yes?" I ask hopefully.

She blinks, rubbing her eyes. "Um... I'll think about it, okay? This has been a really weird morning, and I need to take some time to consider this." Remilia pats the confused shrine maiden on the shoulder.

Well, as least she isn't angry anymore.


[ ] Anything else to say to Reimu? (write-in)
[ ] Go find Cirno.
[x] Take a quick photo of Reimu and Remilia.
Promotional material! Happy smiles!
[x] Go find Cirno.
[x] Anything else to say to Reimu Remilia?
-[x] Ask to borrow Meiling or Sakuya to chaperone for our apology to Cirno.
If we put our foot in our mouths again, there won't be any escape. I think the fact we've managed to not die horribly makes this the perfect time to bug out.

[X] Go find Cirno.
File 138715372330.jpg - (320.48KB, 959x695, 1329367118335.jpg) [iqdb]
24921
[X] Ask Remilia if she can keep Meiling at the mansion for the next hour or so, until we return to see if Reimu has decided on the whole article deal.
[X] Go find Cirno.

Aya needs to talk to Cirno, and give an honest apology WITHOUT a crazy chinese dragon hovering over them.
I mean, I've read through Being Meiling (twice, actually) pretty recently so I know both sides and can fully understand why Meiling won't forgive Aya and won't even admit that burning down her house was going too far..
But either way she's a bitch in this story (I'm guessing a lot of that is because we only see her when she's interacting with Aya), and her presence would only cause trouble.
She can flip out all she wants (pic related), but only after Aya has had a chance to talk to Cirno in peace.


>>24917
Only if they agree to it.ONLY IF THEY AGREE!
I don't think Reimu (nor Remilia) trust Aya enough for her to wield a camera around them without supervision any time soon.
Besides, we should let her decide on the whole "article Y/N" thing first, so maybe after we talk to Cirno?
If she decides she doesn't want to do an article, there's no point in snapping pictures.
>>24919
Not Meiling. Anyone but Meiling. Even Flandre would be better than Meiling.
At least she's only passively watching Aya so she doesn't fuck up. Meiling would be wanting her to fuck up in order to go "told you so" and feed the side of her that says that burning down a house was a totally called for reaction and not going too far at all.
>>24921
>Only if they agree to it.ONLY IF THEY AGREE!
I said 'quick' not 'surreptitious'.
>If she decides she doesn't want to do an article, there's no point in snapping pictures.
Not even for Aya to make a 'people who have forgiven me, so I really shouldn't fuck up again, or else' scrapbook?
[x] Anything else to say to Reimu Remilia?
-[x] Ask to borrow Meiling or Sakuya to chaperone for our apology to Cirno.
[X] Ask Remilia if she can keep Meiling at the mansion for the next hour or so, until we return to see if Reimu has decided on the whole article deal.
[X] Go find Cirno.
[X] Ask Remilia if she can keep Meiling at the mansion for the next hour or so, until we return to see if Reimu has decided on the whole article deal.
[X] Go find Cirno.
Damnit, double posted, ignore one.
[x] Anything else to say to Remilia?
-[x] Ask to borrow Meiling or Sakuya to chaperone for our apology to Cirno.
>>24921
>>24922

Did you read Being Meiling at all? Because I think you are bullshitting when you said you read it 2 times because I dont really follow your train of thought on this one. Meiling was seriously pissed about the Cirno thing but from her character built in that story I think she would be the last person to flip out if Aya was to apologize to Cirno of all things. And waiting for her and wanting her to fuck up? Not this Meiling.

And Flandre being the better choice? Not a fucking chance. While Meiling admitted the extend she woud go to if it comes to the Cirno thing she did so on Ayas question, Flandre actively sought Aya out just to threaten her and she was not even drunk at that point. If anything, Flandre would wait for Aya to fuck up.

I seriosuly doubt that most of the voters here even read the whole of Being Meiling except for the arson part and if they really did, I cant say I get most of these arguments.
File 138716409823.jpg - (125.99KB, 606x679, 1267676745399.jpg) [iqdb]
24931
>As for the when? Well, I am currently mired in a personal little hell known in the darkest of circles as FINALS WEEK. And while I do find writing to be therapeutic, I sorta have to put studies first. Ergo, while updates will probably happen this week, it will be at a much slower pace than normal.
>Update appears 3 hours later.
YES.
File 138716452787.png - (56.38KB, 800x800, DYNitori.png) [iqdb]
24932
[X] Go find Cirno.

Just this.
[x] Anything else to say to Remilia?
-[x] Ask to borrow Meiling to chaperone for our apology to Cirno.

We need to settle everything. This is the same Meiling we know from Being Meiling, who's still seeing the Aya we saw in that story. But our Aya's not the same, and this is the best way to prove it.
[X] "... okay, I'm going to be honest, you two look adorable like that. <i>Do you mind if</i> I take a picture?[/X]
--[X] "Promise it won't go anywhere without your permission.

Because character development!
>>24921
>>24922

If you read through Being Meiling properly, you'll find that if anyone, the most trustworthy and fairest person to have as chaperone would be Meiling. She is perhaps one of the few people in Gensokyo to have evolved an open mind, quite a feat in a Darwinian wonderland.

[X] Remilia? Tell me, please, I need advice on succesful courting. I can see you're probably Gensokyo's ace, considering you not only scored, you hit the jackpot of jackpots. Now she, if you don't mind me saying so, is a wife.
[X] "... okay, I'm going to be honest, that said, you two look adorable like that. <i>Do you mind if</i> I take a picture?[/X]
--[X] "Promise it won't go anywhere without your permission.
[x] Ask to borrow Meiling to chaperone for our apology to Cirno.
[x] Go find Cirno.
[X] Go find Cirno.
[X] Go find Cirno.
-[X] No Meiling

Aya and Cirno can and should settle their business by themselves, they don't need Hong to babysit them.
>>24935
She's trustworthy but she's not completely fair-that only applies to her friends. And Aya is anything but.
Besides A- Aya hates her and B-There's no need for a chaperon because Cirno isn't a kid.

[X] Go find Cirno.
File 138719937155.jpg - (22.18KB, 227x266, 12198449099.jpg) [iqdb]
24940
I just thought something... Is Cirno an adult or not?

Is she is, then why was Aya accused of Pedophilia? If she isn't, then why are we saying that there's no need for a chaperone?
Always tricky, that, with youkai. Cirno has, until very recently, been a child for most purposes. She's getting more mature, though. And while she's certainly an adult by human standards of age, since she's a fairy those don't really apply. Moreover, Aya is almost certainly several orders of magnitude older than her, so by comparison Cirno is a 'child' regardless. Ever since the DyCirno thing, it's probably best to assume she's capable of handling her own affairs as a reasonable adult... but that won't keep a lot of people (like, say, Meiling) from keeping an eye on her /just in case/.
[x] "Um...is it okay if I take a picture?"
[x] "Is there any truth to the rumors about the Misty Lake Mermaid?"
[x] "Do any of you two know anything about inchlings?"
[x] Tell them about the tengu situation.

[x] Go apologize to Cirno.
-[x] Tell Remilia about the time Cirno easily froze you solid for being a creeper. Reassure them the kiddo's not in danger.
-[x] Bring Meiling to show that we're serious about our remorse. If Cirno just so happens to react negatively to Meiling's pyromania then so much the better.
>>24941
>certainly several orders of magnitude older
By that standard, Remilia should be locked down for 500 years. The answer remains unclear.
File 138721843027.jpg - (108.37KB, 507x600, why.jpg) [iqdb]
24944
>Meiling's pyromania
>>24930
I read being Meiling and I know how much of an open mind she has about her own relations, which are frankly irrelevant. An open mind about a relationship with people who appreciate you does not mean you have an open mind about forgiving someone you're holding a grudge against.
I also remember an earlier thread of this story in which Meiling refuses to apologize or even admit that she was wrong...
>You see, I still don't trust you, Aya. I hear you're trying to do good things with Hina these days, and that's great. But whenever I look at you, all I can remember is the woman who had a pedo-shrine to Cirno in her house [and that's why I was totally justified in torching your home and everything you owned, and I don't feel the least bit sorry about it. You deserved it!]"
That's why I would pick Flandre over Meiling.
Flandre came by to tell her "I'm keeping an eye on you, so don't fuck up."
Which is a rather passive statement, when you think about it. Fuckup = retribution, so as long as you don't fuck up...

Meiling on the other hand, flat out stated that she does not trust Aya, even when she's started turning over a new leaf and thinks she was right to commit arson to protect "her little sister".
Would you trust someone who thinks arson is a justified response to anything to be there when you talk to that "anything" about that "anything"?
>>24945

Not to start the whole "was arson really justified" argument again, but yeah, she refuses to apologize or even admit that she was wrong because in her opinion it certainly was justified.
She could have gone and murdered or severly maimed Aya,which she admitted to thinking of, but she didnt despite Aya being a possible pedophile and someone important to her being in possible danger.

And still, she did not search for Aya after that, for her this chapter was done after Aya went to prisoncamp. She talked about it because Aya spoke with her about it, not of her own accord.
Flandre on the other hand didnt do much except insult her while being drunk, sure, but the point is she made the whole trip up the mountain just to threaten Aya and this is while being sober. It certainly is a passive statement but it implies punishment and threatens. Meiling didnt make a statement regarding this at all, only that she dislikes Aya.

So yeah, Meiling clearly stated that she still distrusts Aya, but only when asked and she didnt act at all after Aya got free. Flandre threatened her while being sober and waits for a fuckup. And seeing how Flandre is just a little bit insane and can destroy almost anything, I fear what would happen if Aya fucks up and meets the drunk vampire after her previous threat.


>Meiling on the other hand, flat out stated that she does not trust Aya, even when she's started turning over a new leaf and thinks she was right to commit arson to protect "her little sister".
>Would you trust someone who thinks arson is a justified response to anything to be there when you talk to that "anything" about that "anything"?

First of all, at that point almost no one really knew what Aya was up to. People knew that she helped Hina, but it wasnt widespread what she did or if she was serious about it at all. Even if a murderer or a pedophile comes out of prison or the like after his sentence I can not say that I would trust that person implicitly, despite them having served thier time.Call it prejudice or whatever but a relapse is always possible.

And about that "anything" buisness, totally out of context. Meiling believed arson was justified because a creepy stalker/pedo followed and shot pictures of someone important to her who happens to look and act like a child at that time.
I would trust that she keeps an eye on Aya but not that she would hinder or attack Aya as long as it really is just an apology to Cirno and Aya does not begin to take pictures or try to hug her. If anything, it would possibly raise Ayas image in Meilings eyes if she genuinely apologizes to the person she wronged in the first place.
>>24939

Meiling in the KeyMasterverse is fair, even towards former enemies. She was quite nice to Marisa after finally royally beating her into the ground, even though it barely made up for the years of public humiliation Marisa rained down on Meiling. She was also fair to Yukari despite Yukari threatening to coerce Cirno into becoming her new underling. She even went out of her way to help Yukari out afterwards.

If there's anyone in Keymasterverse Gensokyo you can trust, it's Meiling (and Alfred(s), but both of them are probably too busy keeping up with their ladies).

There's nobody better than Meiling to have around for the meeting. Even if you don't want the 'chaperone' label or whatever. It would definitely ensure no unsavoury misunderstandings arise should anything go awry. You never know, this is Cirno and the Dyguard we're meeting after all.

It's also a gesture of goodwill towards Meiling. Yeah yeah pyromaniac burned my house etc but, y'know, imagine having some creep drooling all over someone you love inappropriately in a borderline threatening manner. Would you stop at burning the guy's house down? And Meiling said as much, and she gave Aya plenty of chances and did her best to reason with her beforehand. Aya continued on threatening to carry out her creepy fantasies regardless. What else was a concerned big sister figure to do? I think Meiling, if anything, deserves, at the very least, an apology, if not a thanks as well. And I think it would be a point of personal growth for Aya as a person to be able to be the tengu who can not only admit her wrongdoing but thank the one who put her back on the right track.

(And we could go on to discussing the hypocrisy of Aya not doing so over not being able to let go of her house and the centuries of memories and belongings in it when she's trying to get the Tengu e;ders to let go of centuries of conservative tradition and admit to their past wrongdoings etc, but that'd be an even longer discussion)

That said:

[x] Make a note to properly apologize to Meiling as well when the time is right, maybe before or after meeting Cirno. And thank her for helping putting Aya straight.
>>24939
>>24938

Guys, the reason we need a chaperone isn't because Cirno needs it; it's because Aya is likely to get thrown in prison if she gets within a hundred meters of her without supervision.

Remember, it's not about Cirno's age, it's about the fact Cirno practically has a restraining order against Aya. The Tengu are gonna shut this down fast before we embarass them again.

Seriously, second update of the story;

>"Just stay away from Cirno," Momiji says flatly. "We want you to keep at least 100 meters between you and her at all times."

Remember this?
>>24949
Finally! A post with a good explanation!

Thank you. Argument finished, everyone go home.
Good point. Won't we need to have Momiji with us as well then just in case the Tengu do use this as a reason to haul Aya's butt back home?
>>24952

We should be fine as long as Meiling stands up for us.

Of course, whether or not you trust Meiling is up to you. So yes, we may want to grab Momiji as well.
[] Go to Cirno
-[] Get Meiling to go with you so A)you don't get thrown back into prison camp and B)DyCirno doesn't pummel your stalker ass into the permafrost
I want to add to my vote (>>24942)

[x] Ask about what Flan's doing.
>>24948
Aya already apologized to Meiling four threads ago.
When they met in the bar, Aya apologized. Meiling countered by sticking to "yeah, no, arson was the right thing to do and I refuse to back down".
>>24956

Actually no Aya didn't apologize. She did admit to going too far but she never apologized. In fact the argument on Aya's side was pretty much 'but...but...my house!' Meiling was the more rational and levelheaded of the two in that scene though to be fair Aya did just snap at her best friend and was on her way to getting really drunk.
[x] Go apologize to Cirno
- [x] Get any chaperone other than Meiling. Ask the happy couple's opinion on the matter, if need be.

>>24949
Absolutely -- but that's no argument for taking Meiling as the chaperone. (I suggested Yuuka last thread, but any of Sakuya, Flandre, or Reimu would be good too. Someone Meiling knows and would trust.)

>>24930
>>24947
While I agree that Flandre overdid it a bit when she visited, her actions were almost certainly calculated, not a casual threat. Given what the SDM knew at the time, it was perfectly reasonable to want to scare Aya into not going skeeveriffic again.

(And she didn't go that far, even. Her approach could have used a little more carrot and less stick, yes, but you make it sound like Flandre threatened to burn down Hina's shrine with both of them in it or something. As far as I know, even when drunk, she's never used any weapon on us but the Truth.)
>>24955
We already asked. She's in the basement, setting up IRL Catan.
I'm hoping it's just normal Catan and not 'Do you Catan?' Catan.
>>24961

Oh, I know, I'm just hoping for more details. Flan's LARP looks interesting.
>>24948
No, I wouldn't stop at burning their house down.
I would stop long before that. Pedophilia is a crime, but so is arson.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

Aya was wrong, but Meiling is no better.


>>24960
>Absolutely -- but that's no argument for taking Meiling as the chaperone. (I suggested Yuuka last thread, but any of Sakuya, Flandre, or Reimu would be good too. Someone Meiling knows and would trust.)

This is what I've been saying. I never said I don't think Aya should have someone watching over her. (Someone equated it to just getting out of prison, so it'd be like a parole officer.)
I just don't think it should be Meiling, or that she should be allowed to be anywhere near when Aya talks to Cirno.

There is a reason police aren't allowed to participate in crime investigations that are personally relevant to them.
I mean, if you were a police officer and a pedophile was going after your sister before being caught, do you think they would let you watch over that pedophile when he gets out on parole?
Meiling may be fair and open minded, but she is holding a grudge and a person holding a grudge wants to be proven right, to show that their grudge is justified.
That's why Aya and Meiling should have as little do with each other as possible until they can both move on from this mess.


>>24947
>She could have gone and murdered or severly maimed Aya,which she admitted to thinking of, but she didnt despite Aya being a possible pedophile and someone important to her being in possible danger.

"She could've murdered her, but she only commited arson instead."
You do realize that does not reflect well on Meiling? You're basically saying "oh, she burned her house down, but at least Aya wasn't home at the time." Not that that would have stopped her, by her own admission.

And no, I don't think context matters when it comes to arson.
Arson is arson, no matter your reasons.
Trying to justify it is like trying to justify Aya's pedophilia. Either one is wrong, no matter the situation.
[X] Get Meiling before finding Cirno.
[x] Don't get Meiling. Or Flandre. Get Sakuya, or Yuuka. Patchouli, Koakuma, Remilia, Reimu, even the fucking giant catfish from Meiling's dreams would be better. And he causes earthquakes!

Earthquakes in Meling's mind, but you could still say he rocks her world.
File 138727567292.jpg - (106.60KB, 600x923, Fire_Fairy_by_IcyPanther1.jpg) [iqdb]
24967
>>24944
What can I say? Malla's clearly a bad influence on her.
[x] No getting Meiling before meeting Cirno.

Aya asking for someone to escort her to talk to Cirno suggests that Aya doesn't think she can control herself.
>>24968
Less she can't control herself, more people don't think she can control herself.
100 meters, remember?
>>24963
So arson is on the same level as pedophilia for you? Damage to unliving wood and stone is the same as damage to a person? Ok, cool.
>>24970
I didn't say that, but if you want to make it really simple then yes. They are both on the same level.
The levels being:

Right
vs
Wrong

And they're both Wrong.

(Also, look up "ad hominem".)


>>24968
She should get someone, just to make sure to have a neutral witness that she only apologized and nothing else.
I'm just against it being Meiling.
[x]Get anyone else than Meiling and go talk to Cirno

I know maybe not everyone do, but I agree to >>24963 s reasoning. I don't think that Meiling should interfere with everything that have to do with Cirno as if she were her mom. Sure, we still got the 100m rule but anyone else than Meiling is just as effective. Hell, we can make it more effective by taking someone strong like Remilia or Reimu with us
>>24971
Your reasoning with the whole Right vs. Wrong is bullshit in practise though.
If you only categorize in these things, not even in severity, its just a joke. But hey, clearly someone who killed 22 people is on the same level as someone who stole a chocolate bar in a supermarket. Because its both wrong after all. Someone burned down a house with no one in it? As bad as Hitler, clearly.

If you want to sound smart, try harder. Or, if that is really what you think, go see a doctor.
>>24973
Your reasoning is solid, but do you really have to show your age and maturity so clearly? It makes me feel bad that I'm on your side on this.

>As bad as Hitler, clearly
>If you want to sound smart, try harder. Or, if that is really what you think, go see a doctor.

And this is just two examples out of a dozen. Why don't you let your arguments do the talking and stop trying to diminish other people because they dared to disagree with you? And stop using hitler as comparison jesus christ. It is cringeworthy even in jest.
Hey uh, guys- could we stop with the ad hominem? This is getting kind of crazy, and not exactly conducive to the discussion. Let's keep it civil, okay?
>>24974

Point taken, though about the Hitler thing, I only used him since he works as the universal Badguy, could have also taken Stalin or someone else, because they are on a whole other level on the evil scale.

"Normal" criminals usually dont reach that level or get that bodycount, so I really just wanted an example thats pretty evil. In hindsight I probably shouldnt have because I remembered that whole "bringing Hitler in the discussion thing".

And about the other stuff, I dont think you can easily guess my age through that, its not as insulting as it could have been. It just enrages me to see stupid as fuck reasoning presented as an obvious fact and topped off something that supposed to be sounding smart even when its not applicable in most cases he refers to. I just had a hard day and then I read that with someone trying to bullshit me with shit I studied, sorry about that.
File 138730159624.png - (32.64KB, 320x250, Kimeemaru.png) [iqdb]
24978
Take it easy.
Okay, seriously. I'm dropping this argument after this.

When I said that defending arson is like defending pedophilia, literally the next line stated that I just meant that both are wrong. I never said that they're equally wrong, just that neither is, in my opinion, justifiable.
You're the one who tried to use an ad hominem on me (here >>24970), and that's the only post I was referring to when I said you should look it up.
You can't deny that your argument in that post was nothing but trying to put me down as a person ("you think a person's value is equal to that of a rock") rather than replying to my actual argument ("both pedophilia and arson are wrong").
I then replied with an extremely simplified scale that you used first, again stating that neither is the right thing to do.
Which you took as another chance for attacking me as a person rather than meeting my argument ("arson is wrong") by trying to imply that I have mental problems requiring professional aid.

I know perfectly well what an ad hominem fallacy means and what it applies to.
For example, it applies here >>24970 and here >>24973, for reasons I just stated.


Also, you're thinking of Godwin's Law. (Sooner or later someone makes a comparison to Hitler).
Holy shit, this was hard to tabulate. Votes were all over the place. Anyway I'm just going to call things here in favor of going to see Cirno, and maybe getting a chaperone in case the authorities have a conniption.

Update might take a few days, due to FINALS OF DOOM.
>>24971

You said they are both on the same level. The levels being Right and Wrong. That is what you said. Therefore, if there are only these 2 levels, there are no others. No slightly wrong, no slightly right, no severity, no nothing. Just 2 absolute levels. And saying they are both on the same level, the level being wrong, is saying that they are equal, so equally wrong right there.

As for the ad hominem, no, I wasnt trying to put you down as a person, that is what I gathered from your post. And you agreed to that

>I didn't say that, but if you want to make it really simple then yes.

You replied with an extremly simplified scale I created (from the message of your post) and used first ,but once again, you yourself confirmed as right.

I shouldnt have insulted your mental health, as it it no joking matter, and I am sorry for that. I dont say that arson isnt wrong, I say that you cant compare it to pedophilia, exspecially in this case. So it wasnt really that I was arguing against "arson is wrong" as much as arguing against "arson and pedophilia are equally wrong". Because they arent.
Both of you, shut up. Neither of you are getting anywhere, and it's starting to stray away from remaining on topic.

Keymaster's already called the vote. Continuing to argue about what we should do is literally pointless.
>>24990

As pointless as you telling them to stop after one said he would drop it. If one does not reply the other wont answer.

Also sage your posts.
File 138741122115.png - (278.15KB, 600x805, shes back.png) [iqdb]
24992
"Well, just a thought," I say with a shrug. "Think it over and let me know if you're up for it."

"Yeah, sure," Reimu replies, blinking. "So, anything else you needed?"

"Nah, I think I'm good to go-" I stop mid-sentence as something occurs to me. "Um... actually, mind if I make a little request of your household?"

"What would that be?" Remilia asks me.

"Er... could I borrow Meiling, or Sakuya, or someone?" I chuckle nervously as the two Hakurei-Scarlets stare at me.

"If you want to have it out with Meiling, you can go ahead and duel her out front you know. Reimu and I can even watch." Remilia gives me a strange look as she says this.

"No, no, not that," I say, waving my hands in negation. "Honestly, I think we've reached a sort of understanding with each other. Actually, I was hoping to get a sort of chaperone when I went to see Cirno. I wanted to apologize to her for... well, for everything."

"I don't think you need anyone's permission to do that," Reimu says wryly.

"Well, more than you'd think," I say awkwardly. "See, I'm under orders from the tengu courts to stay at least 100 meters away from Cirno at all times. Not that I care too much what they think these days,but I'd rather not borrow too much trouble, you know?" Not openly, at least. Covertly, I have some plans on the go.

"And so you need someone to chaperone you, and vouch for your behavior," Remilia notes, nodding. She gives me a critical look. "...Very well. Take Meiling with you. Her word is well-trusted, and she has some status with the tengu after... well, after your capture."

I wince. Like this wasn't going to be awkward enough. Still, it was a fair call on Remilia's part. "Thanks. Take care, you two." I wave farewell to the two ladies and exit the dining room. Sakuya is waiting for me as I leave, and guides me back out the front doors of the mansion.

Minutes later, I come to a stop next to Meiling as she slides the gate back shut. The two of us stand there in silence for a long moment, not saying anything.

"So," I finally speak.

"So," Meiling says as well.

"I want to go apologize to Cirno. For, you know. Stuff."

Meiling nods slowly. "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea."

"Will you come with me?" I ask her.

Meiling considers the question seriously. "I don't think it's necessary. I... find it hard to trust you fully, Aya. Even knowing what I do now. But, you seem to be making an effort to change, and in any case, Cirno is capable of taking care of herself these days."

I cough. "Not what I meant. I have a restraining order, and I'd rather not yank the chain of the tengu authorities." Yet.

Meiling blinks. "Oh. So then, you want me there to vouch for you?"

"Pretty much. You got a few minutes?"

The gatekeeper nods slowly. "All right. Just give me a moment to get a couple of fairies to cover for me, and we can head out."

And that's how I come to be flying across the overcast skies with a red-haired gatekeeper. We travel in silence, neither of us speaking to or looking at the other. Honestly, it's a bit tense. Awkward. I mean, what more can we say to one another?

"Cirno usually likes to practice her skills in a clearing on the edge of the lake," Meiling explains as we travel, "So you can probably find her there. I'll show you."

Okay, we can say things like that to each other. It's related to the situation, at least.

Anyway, it doesn't take us long to come upon a small clearing set a little ways back from the edge of the misty lake. The place looks a tad... scorched. Craters and signs of action are everywhere, and a sign showing indications of repeated repairs proclaims this spot to be the "DyGuard Training Center," and to "Stay a safe distance, or you could be injured! That would make Justice cry!"

...Is there such a thing as a justice youkai? I bet Cirno would recruit her in a heartbeat if it were true.

Still, it isn't too hard to locate my quarry. Cirno herself is standing in the middle of the field, leaning on her now characteristic armor. Wriggle, the insect youkai, is perched on one of the shoulders, while a familiar darkness youkau hovers in front of them. Cirno appears to be lecturing them on something, and keeps gesturing to some diagrams on a piece of paper.

Crap, I need to apologize to Rumia too, don't I? Well, two birds with one stone, and all that.

Meiling folds her arms and nods to me. "Well, off you go then. Good luck."

"Thanks," I reply, and make my way over to where the trio are conversing. As I approach, I start to be able to make out what Cirno is saying to the other two.

"...anyway, I really think that combination attacks are the next thing we need to focus on. By joining our strengths directly, we magnify our justice power expon... whatever the word is, and thus become, like, a bazillion times stronger." The ice fairy speaks matter-of-factly as her two companions listen to her. "Ugh, I wish Dai and Mysty were here, I hate repeating myself. Anyway- hm?" Cirno and company look up as I approach, and I slow to a stop.

"Hey," I say, waving awkwardly.

The response is immediate.

"CODE TENGU, MOVE!" Cirno yells diving into her armor. Rumia gapes at me, paling, then dives behind DyCirno's spiky shoulder. Wriggle is already airborne, flying away at top speed. DyCirno, now in full armor, points a gauntleted fist at me. "Evildoer, yield to the power of justice, and answer for your misdeeds!" As she speaks, I notice weapons ports opening up across the armor's body.

Well.

Fuck.


[ ] Raise your hands and surrender.
[ ] Genuflect.
[ ] Sputter out some sort of explanation.
[ ] Call over to Meiling, ask for help.
[ ] Run away very, very fast.
[x] Raise your hands and surrender.
-[x] Shout "I surrender, I want to talk!"

This won't stop Aya from getting frozen but it should get Cirno interested enough to listen.
[x] Remain still and close your eyes.
I find that paying with your body (not like that) is good way to expy mistakes. Maybe because I'm a boy?
[x] When they stop attacking you (of applicable) explain your intention and apologize.
[x] "That's what I'm here for, yes."
[x] Raise your hands and surrender.
-[x] Shout "I surrender, I want to talk!"
>>24992
>>...Is there such a thing as a justice youkai?

WHY HAS THIS QUEST NOT BEEN MADE YET?
[x] Raise your hands and surrender.
-[x] Shout "I surrender, I want to talk!"


Hopefully Cirno has gotten as far in the Hero Handbook as "Proper Ways of Treating Surrendering Villains".
[x] Raise your hands and surrender.
-[x] Shout "I surrender, I want to talk!"

I'm sure Cirno would be all about Aya and her renewed pursuit of THE TRUTH and helping the goddesses. That's pretty justicey.
[] Yield to the power of justice, and answer for your misdeeds!
-[] In other words, surrender and apologise.
--[] Preferably before Cirno tries to see how good you are at Danmaku when the missiles are heat-seeking.
[x] Raise your hands and surrender.
-[x] "I'm here to do exactly that!"
[X] Yield to the power of justice, and answer for your misdeeds!
-[X] Raise your hands and surrender.
--[X] Shout "I surrender, I want to say sorry!"
[x] Genuflect
-[x] Raise your hands and surrender.
-[x] Shout "I surrender, I want to talk!"
[x] Raise your hands and surrender.
Half of me is waiting for IMPALED BY ICICLE BAD END
[x] Raise your hands and surrender.
-[x] “I come in peace!”
[X] Genuflect

Seriously though. If anyone deserves it, it's Cirno.
[X] Yield to the power of justice, and answer for your misdeeds!
-[X] Raise your hands and surrender.
--[X] Shout "I surrender, I want to say sorry!"
Vote called for immediate surrender.

In other news, FINALS WEEK is at last over! My brain is nearly groaning with relief.
File 138756830993.jpg - (508.23KB, 831x576, commander cirno.jpg) [iqdb]
25015
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQWBwaTguow)

You know what? Given Cirno's recent record of victories in that battle armor, I don't think I want to even run the risk of pissing her off. And so, I choose to submit to the almighty figure of justice now standing before me, in no small part due to the many, many weapons systems pointed my way. I raise my hands as far up as they can go. "I surrender completely," I tell DyCirno.

There's a moment of silence.

"...Really?" DyCirno seems to falter, her pointing finger wavering ever so slightly. Rumia peeks up over the armor's shoulder plate, giving me a fearful look.

"Yep," I confirm, "I'm surrendering. Totally and completely. Not a speck of resistance to be had here."

"Oh." DyCirno's hand drops to her side and the massive suit of icy armor heaves a sigh. "Darn. Things have been so slow lately, I've been hoping for a little action."

Rumia pats DyCirno reassuringly on the side of the helmet. "Awww, there, there! It's just because we've been doing such a good job of fighting for justice and all that!"

"I guess..." DyCirno still seems a bit disappointed that she won't be able to crush an evildoer. Then the ice mech straightens up and seems to pierce me with its glare before stomping over towards me. Not gonna lie, it makes me a little nervous. I mean, speed and experience be damned; when you have a ten-foot-tall suit of armor bristling with spikes and magical weapons, it's kind of hard not to feel a little nervous, you know what I mean? Especially when the one running it has a good reason to dislike you.

The heroine of justice glares down at me, and places her hands on her hips sternly. "Aya Shameimaru!" she declares, "I am very disappointed in you! Once considered a humble journalist here in Gensokyo... or, well, maybe not 'humble,' but whatever! Whatever you used to be, you have fallen from the path of righteousness and justice, and performed deeds of great villainy!"

I slump, nodding my head sadly. "Yeah... I know," I say quietly. "I'm really sorry."

DyCirno raises her hand again to punctuate her next statement, but pauses. "You are?" she asks in surprise.

I nod again. "Yeah. I really am. That's why I came here. To apologize."

"Oh." DyCirno seems nonplussed for a moment, then reaches around behind her and seizes Rumia. With a yelp of surprise, the darkness youkai finds herself planted on the ground in front of me. "Then apologize for your crime directly to its victim! Tell Rumia how sorry you are for kidnapping her and tying her to your back!"

Oh. Uh. Right.

I clear my throat. "Um, Rumia?" The youkai in question looks back at me with fear in her eyes, something that hurts my heart. I guess she has good reason though, huh? "I'm really sorry about what happened. I was in a really bad way, and did a lot of things that I'm not very proud of. So I'm sorry I kidnapped you, and I'm sorry I tied you to my back to use as... well, as sort of cloaking device." Yeah, not one of my finer moments in retrospect.

Rumia settles down a bit, looking up at me curiously. "Are you also sorry for being really, really boring?"

Ergh. "Uh, yeah. I'm sorry I made you listen to all of my ranting." I bow deeply. "I'm really sorry. Can you ever forgive me?"

Rumia stares at me blankly. "A tengu's asking me for forgiveness? Weird."

"It must be the power of justice!" DyCirno declares proudly. "No doubt my actions have caused the power of justice to suffuse all of Gensokyo, and it even got into this evildoer's heart! Yessir, a clear sign of a job well done!" The ice warrior nods proudly.

"Um... I also came to apologize to you too, Cirno," I say hesitantly.

There's a pause, and the armor's helmet flips open, revealing Cirno sending a suspicious look my way. "You mean because of all that weird stuff you were doing?"

"Yeah," I sigh, "All of it."

"Hmmm..." Cirno muses. "Well, I thought all of that was weird, so I had Mysty and Wriggle explain it to me. I mean, I tried to get Dai to do it, but she got this horrified expression and passed out. Anyway, I really don't get it, but it sounds like you were doing some really weird stuff. So! I just want to make myself clear. First: I don't wanna marry you!"

"Um, I understand," I nod back.

"Two: I don't wanna dress in those funny-looking clothes you gave me! Like, that maid outfit. Or that weird-looking swimsuit. Or that thing with the cat-ears. Or that thing with the wand and frilly dress. Or the one with the collar. Or those pajamas. Or that funny thing with the short skirt and tie-thingy. Or the one with the hat with a red cross on it. Or any of them. Got it?!"

I cringe even more with every reminder of my actions. "Th-that's fine, really! I was acting dumb, so you can just get rid of those things."

"Eh, I gave them away. For some reason, that little bunny from the forest kinda liked them. Anyway! Third: I'm not gonna cuddle you at night! Fourth: I'm not gonna give you hugs! Those are only for close friends, and you are only somebody that I sorta know! Understand?"

I nod slowly. "Yes. I understand completely."

"Good. Fifth!" Cirno pauses. "I read that article about you, and it sounds like you had a really tough time of it. However, a dark and troubled past does not excuse a chosen path of evil! So repent for your past evil deeds and walk the path of justice from now on!"

I nod solemnly. "I will. I'm really sorry about everything, and I promise to do better from now on. So can you forgive me?"

Cirno watches me carefully, then nods. "All right. I guess everyone deserves a second chance, so here's yours! But if you do bad things again, I'm gonna be really mad, you hear me?" I nod in understanding. "Good! So Rumia, you gonna forgive her too, or what?" Cirno glances down at her friend, who open her mouth to speak when we are interrupted by a loud crash from behind us.

I whirl around to see what it is and-

Oh.

Um.

It seems that it is the rest of DyCirno's mecha team. A pink, hunched bird shape, a beetle shape with very long legs, and something that looks like a mechanical fairy knight with another machine carried under it's arm. The knight places this last machine on the ground, and I look at the black device's massive metal jaws nervously. Especially so when Rumia walks over and pats it affectionately.

The pink bird machine looks down at me. "So... judging from the fact that you're not fighting, I guess Code Tengu is cancelled?" Mystia's voice comes from the mech.

"Yeah, she came to apologize," Cirno explains. "So I forgave her. What about you, Rumia?"

Rumia stands by her own machine, looking up at it thoughtfully. Then she looks at me. Back at her machine. Back to me. The machine. Me.

Then she smiles a broad, sharp-toothed smile. "Hey, Aya~?" she sings.

"Yeah?" I ask carefully.

"Are you really~ sorry for what you did?" There's a mischievous look in Rumia's eyes.

"I am," I nod.

"And would you do anything~ to make up for it?" Rumia asks, clearly up to something I won't like very much.

"...Yes," I say. One has to pay the piper for one's actions, after all.

The darkness youkai smiles broadly. "Good! You know how fast you can go? And you know how you had me stuck to your back all that time? Well, I wanna go fast! So if you let me tie you to Chomping Shadow and use you as a speed booster, just for a couple of hours, we'll call it even!" Rumia smiles excitedly at me.

"Ohhhh, great idea, Rumia!" Cirno enthuses. "It'll be, like, a combination move!"

The other three battle suits are vibrating slightly, and I can hear muffled sounds of laughter coming from inside them. Off to the side, Meiling is clutching her stomach and holding a hand over her mouth as she doubles over in mirth.

Cirno is looking at me expectantly. Rumia is looking at me with a predatory smile. I have no words for what I am feeling at this moment.


[ ] What.
[ ] What?
[ ] What?!
[ ] RUN.
[ ] ...Fine.
[x] ...fine.
- [x] I mean, it could be kind of fun, right?
- [x] And turnabout is fair play...
-- [x] ...but I'm going to need Hina-spinning therapy after this.
[x] ...Fine.

If it's just for a couple of hours.
[X] Sure!
Sounds fun to me
[x] ...Fine.

Let them briefly feel what it's like to be the fastest in gensokyo.
[X] Grin back.
-[X] Rumia has a need.
--[X] A need.
---[X] FOR SPEED!
----[X] Ask someone to time us.
[x] What.
-[x] What?
--[x] What?!
---[x]RUN.
>Off to the side, Meiling is clutching her stomach and holding a hand over her mouth as she doubles over in mirth.
----[x]Screw her!
-----[x]"Accidentally" crash into Meiling while running away.
------[x]"Accidentally" throw Meiling to the mechas in a futile attempt to stall them.
[x] ...Fine.
-[x] But I'd really rather be inside the mech, if at all possible. It just seems safer.

>big hunk of metal
>going fast
>probably crashing into stuff
>soft squishy tengu tied to the outside
>chukysalsa.jpg
[X] Grin back.
-[X] Rumia has a need.
--[X] A need.
---[X] FOR SPEED!
----[X] Ask someone to time us.
[x] ...Fine.
[X] Grin back.
-[X] Rumia has a need.
--[X] A need.
---[X] FOR SPEED!
----[X] Ask someone to time us.
File 138758357224.png - (327.66KB, 1353x976, DenshaDeD_ch01p16-17.png) [iqdb]
25026
[X] GOTTA GO FAST!

Also, we must do some multi-wing drifting, obviously.
[x] "... are you sure that's safe?"
- [x] "I mean, it's a nice mech. I don't want to accidentally damage it."
[X] Grin back.
-[X] Rumia has a need.
--[X] A need.
---[X] FOR SPEED!
I'm sure Aya was supposed to be the butt of this joke, but trying to make a Crow Tengu dizzy by making it go fast is simply not going to work. It's like trying to get an Oni (or a Tengu, now that I think about it) drunk.

Also, I know that Cirno is strong but do you guys really think that they can stand to a thousand(s?) years old Youkai?
[X] Grin back.
-[X] Rumia has a need.
--[X] A need.
---[X] FOR SPEED!
>>25030
On her own, if Aya went all-out, even without a sword? Probably not.
In a mecha, against an Aya trying to repair her public image, who has no reason to even fight Cirno in the first place? Easy.
[X] I wonder how well Rumia's mecha can take breaking the sound barrier.
-[X] Not just a speed booster, let's set some records.
--[X] And why not? WE LIKE FLYING. LET'S FLY.
[X] ALL OF THE ABOVE.
--[X] The ones that play along, that is. And don't be petty at Meiling.
>>25021
[x] Not this. A million times not this.

[X] Grin back.
-[X] Rumia has a need.
--[X] A need.
---[X] FOR SPEED!
----[X] Ask someone to time us.

[x] wait, Cirno read the article!? no don't do this this would be just as bad as the thing we did with Reimu
[X] Grin back.
-[X] Rumia has a need.
--[X] A need.
---[X] FOR SPEED!
----[X] Ask someone to time us.

Aya fucking LOVES flying. If doing something we love with Rumia will make her forgive us then why the fuck not?
>>25035
Anti-voting is in bad taste, broski even if that vote is counterproductive. If you do not agree with that vote, simply vote for something different, or if everyone else is voting for it (which is not this case), explain why you think it is not a good idea.
[X] Grin back.
-[X] Rumia has a need.
--[X] A need.
---[X] FOR SPEED!
----[X] Ask someone to time us.
[X] GOTTA GO FAST
[X] Grin back.
-[X] Rumia has a need.
--[X] A need.
---[X] FOR SPEED!
----[X] Ask someone to time us.
Vote called for agreeing. Update should be later tonight.
Good to see you back in action. Exams went well, I hope?

Btw, it's been a long while since we last heard from Marisa and Pam. Will be fortunate enough to get a glimpse of them in this story? I can see them both as worshippers, Marisa for the misfortune (Hina), Pam for the babies (Shizuha).
>>25043

Because the Mikami totally offers marriage counselling services.
File 138767104621.jpg - (158.18KB, 850x626, best day ever.jpg) [iqdb]
25045
Okay. The little darkness youkai here wants to go fast. I can understand that. I can respect that. After all, there's no feeling quite like the one you get when you fly high in the sky and just let loose, going faster than the eye can track. And after what I put Rumia through? I can totally accept this.

I grin a little bit. "Fine," I say evenly. "But I sure hope that your little machine can handle my speed."

Rumia just giggles happily. "Great! I'll get some rope and we can get started!"

Rope. Huh, so she literally meant 'tie me to her machine?' Well, that's fine. How bad could it be, after all?

*****************************************************

THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER.

"Wheeeeeeee!!!"

"AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!"

"Aya, we're going so fast!"

"RUMIA, TREE!!!"

"Huh?"

"WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE!!!"

"Huh... ooops!"

A brief rotation by the insane driver of this metal gizmo ensures that we don't slam at a good portion of the speed of sound right into a fucking tree, and instead ensures that we only pass within inches of it. I'm pretty sure that the branches come within an inch of my godsdamned head.

"Let's go faster!" Rumia's mechanized voice comes from the black machine I am currently strapped to.

"I'm going as fast as I can!" I shout back. "Don't you want to slow down a little bit?!"

"Awww, come on! I thought you were the fastest in Gensokyo! Don't be boring!"

I gnash my teeth. At least when I'm flying alone I don't have to worry about plowing into things, you little nutjob!

So, I first got a little nervous when the rest of the DyGuard tied me to the back of the Chomping Darkness, or whatever the hell they call it. But I figured, hey! How bad could it be? All I had to do was keep the flight going at full power for as long as I could, and things would be square between me and Rumia, right?

All well and good. And a heart-warming feeling, to listen to the childish youkai laugh heartily from inside of her battlesuit. Up until the point when I learned that Rumia absolutely sucked at steering this thing at high speeds. Speaking of which...

"Now you're heading for the ground!" I scream.

"Whoopsie~!" Rumia adjusts her trajectory at the last moment, and we somehow manage to avoid slamming into the soil. Instead, I only get soaked by spray as we graze over the surface of the lake, Rumia whooping and laughing happily as the wind rushes by us.

"You're doing this deliberately, you little psychopath!" I shout at my insane captor.

"I don't see you slowing us down~!" Rumia sings back. I clench my teeth again. The only reason I'm keeping the flight going full-tilt is because the last time I tried to slow us down, Rumia sent her machine into a crazy set of whirls that almost made me puke. She claims that it was 'just an accident.' I personally think that that tying myself to a war machine, operated by a youkai that feeds on fear and terror, who also has a bit of a grudge against me, was perhaps not the smartest move I have ever made.

"TREES AGAIN!!!" I scream, and Rumia just laughs in delight, veering away at the last moment.

After several hours of this, the DyGuard finally let me go, untying me and lowering me to the ground, where I stagger about dizzily. Rumia is absolutely ecstatic, jumping up and down as her face shines from exhilaration.

"Can we do it again tomorrow?! Can we, can we, huh huh huh?!" the darkness youkai squeals happily.

"Um... maybe next week? Or next month?" I say as I stand there unsteadily. I'm starting to understand those humans who flip out when they get taken airborne for the first time.

"Awwww... okay!" Rumia agrees after a moment's disappointment. Thank the ever-merciful heavens for that. "Oh, and I forgive you! Forget about it, okay?"

"Yeah... I'm trying," I say weakly. That's one forgiveness that I damned well earned. Never again. Never, ever again...

**************************************************

After my harrowing experience as a supplementary supercharging whatchamacallit, or whatever the hell Cirno was saying, I hazily flap my way back towards the Mikami Shrine. All in all, I think that the day has gone well. I've made peace with those I needed to make peace with. I've been utterly humbled by a youkai with the mind and body of a little girl, who was either doing it deliberately, or was innocently ignorant of my discomfort and just wanted to go fast. Meanwhile, Nitori is probably done printing the flyers by now. I should really go and pay her a visit, but I just need to lay down for a bit, and get a nice, bracing, cup of sake. Or two. Or three. Or maybe three bottles, I dunno. Still, nothing like the peace and quiet of the Mikami Shrine to look forward to.

Which is why the crowd at the shrine comes as hard as a smack to the face.

Large numbers of people are walking up the the shrine in twos and threes, talking to each other. Humans, mostly, but I see a handful of curious youkai among them as well. At the doors of the shrine is none other than Sukuna... and she has somehow gotten her hands on a miniature version of a shinto shrine maiden's outfit. The inchling is bouncing around cheerfully, extolling the virtues of the shrine to all of the new petitioners, and handing out what appear to be some of the flyers I had Nitori print up. Sukuna in miko garb, bouncing around... is arguably one of the cutest things that I have ever seen.

"Ah, Aya!" Sukuna brightens up as soon as she sees me and scrambles over at top speed, hopping up to my shoulder. "Look at all the people! Isn't this great?!"

I'm stunned speechless. "What... how...?"

"Well, apparently Nitori took it upon herself to start distributing the flyers herself once they were all printed out," Sukuna explains, somehow hefting a stack of the pamphlets in her hand. "Once she'd stopped by and showed them to the Mikami, just to make sure they were okay with them, of course. She also left some here, so that visitors can show them to their friends. We've gotten dozens of people already, and they all look really impressed! It's working!"

I stare blankly at the shrine, and a slow, stupid smile finds its way onto my face. "It really is, huh?" I say quietly, a feeling of triumph welling up inside of my chest. "We really did it, didn't we? We got the three of them a whole bunch of worshipers!"

"Yup!" Sukuna nods proudly, practically glowing with joy.

I glance over at her. "Incidentally, where'd you get the outfit?"

Sukuna's face burns bright red almost at once, like someone had thrown a switch. "I don't ask about your hobbies," she mutters, twiddling her fingers. This statement interests me way more than it should.

I'm about to inquire further about quite a few things, when a polite cough comes from behind me. I turn around to apologize to whoever it is that I'm in the way of... when I see the familiar, uptight form of Ichiro, my parole officer. He looks at me calmly, holding today's copy of the Kakashi Spirit News under one arm. "Hello, Aya. May I have a word with you?"


[ ] Yeah, yeah, let's get this over with.
[ ] Take a hike, Itchy.
[ ] Ignore him, go see how the goddesses are doing.

>>25043

Yeah, I think that things went pretty well on the whole. As for Marisa and Pam, I don't mind writing them in if people are interested. After all, with the shrine up and running, you could meet all kinds of people!

For good or ill.

Also: The Hobbit, Part Two is excellent. Just putting that out there.
[X] Yeah, yeah, let's get this over with.
[x] Yeah, yeah, let's get this over with.
[x] Ignore him, go see how the goddesses are doing.
[x] Yeah, yeah, let's get this over with.
[x] Yeah, yeah, let's get this over with.

Consider it a form of intelligence gathering.
[x] Ignore him, go see how the goddesses are doing.

Getting so tired of being nice to everybody and having no pride whatsoever.
[x] Yeah, yeah, let's get this over with.
[x] Ignore him, go see how the goddesses are doing.

"As you can see, the Mikami Shrine is deluged with worshippers, and they need all the help they can get. Now if you will excuse me." Then time for TenguMiko.
[x] Yeah, yeah, let's get this over with.

We can go play Tengu miko after dealing with the guy who's supposed to be our parole officer and has superiors who likely aren't too happy with us right now.
[x] Yeah, yeah, let's get this over with.

We can go play Tengu miko after dealing with the guy who's supposed to be our parole officer and has superiors who likely aren't too happy with us right now.

Seconding this. No need to be rude with Ichiro for now.
[x] Yeah, yeah, let's get this over with.
-[x] Please keep it short. As you can see, I have work to do.
[x] Ignore him, go see how the goddesses are doing.

"As you can see, the Mikami Shrine is deluged with worshippers, and they need all the help they can get. Now if you will excuse me." Then time for TenguMiko.

Do it.

Because Itchy is a jerk.
[x] Invite him to enjoy the serenity* of the shrine while we go assist the goddesses as necessary.

* Actual serenity not necessarily included in offer.
[x] Ignore him, go see how the goddesses are doing.
[X] Yeah, yeah, let's get this over with.

Might as well. No point leaving loose ends. Just make sure we do it on our turf.

Good to hear your exams went well. I miss having exams now, actually. My advice, enjoy being a student as much as you could while you could, even the exams. Heh, only been out of uni 4 months and I already feel that way, go figure.

Would love to see more of Marisa and Pam. And maybe even Malla and a return of more of your lovable cast.

That reminds me, isn't Tokiko still in some sort of trouble? She was an option alongside Nitori at one point, suggesting she was in as much trouble as Nitori was over the whole Kourin thing. (also implies she was a potential follower). Shouldn't we check up on her at some point?
>>25060
from what I read in no escape and such, she basically got over it pretty well unlike Nitori, then again Tokiko was merely being used for companionship while Nitori's works were used against people she knew (and Hina who's practically her friend)
[X] Yeah, yeah, let's get this over with.

I wonder how he'd react to the image of Aya in a Miko outfit?
[x] Yeah, yeah, let's get this over with.
-[x] Please keep it short. As you can see, I have work to do.


She did say that if he wanted anything more, he would have to come to her.
If he's here to talk, fine. But if he's here just to complain about anything written in the apology that simply reflects bad on the elders, like Aya's exile and such, then fuck him.
You don't get to create a monster and then act all angry and surprised when the monster turns on you. Go read some Mary Shelley.
>>25062
Better question: how would Sukuna react to us asking her if she could make a Miko outfit for us?
[X] Yeah, yeah, let's get this over with.
-[X] don't mind if I lay down

Flying with Rumia is exhausting
[X] Yeah, yeah, let's get this over with.
-[X] Please keep it short. As you can see, I have work to do.
Calling vote for dealing with Itchy. Update should be later today. Possibly. Family stuff happens over the holidays, after all.
[x] Yeah, yeah, let's get this over with.
-[x] Please keep it short. As you can see, I have work to do.

>>25068
So much this.
>>25069
she'd make a nice space for her to fit, likely near the chest.
File 138775102221.jpg - (193.58KB, 850x531, remorseless past.jpg) [iqdb]
25075
I heave a huge sigh. Great. That happened a lot faster than I was expecting. "Yeah, yeah, fine," I mutter at him. "Let's get this over with. But not here. The Mikami are busy, I don't want to cause a scene."

Ichiro shrugs. "That's fine. Somewhere deeper in the autumnlands, then?" His voice is typically bland, his posture as ramrod straight as usual. Still, I can just pick up a bit of tension to his stance. He came here for business, I can tell.

I nod. "Yeah, that's fine. Sukuna?" I turn my head to look at the inchling. "Can you give us some privacy?"

Sukuna looks back at me, gives Ichiro a wary glance, then nods. "Sure. Just holler if you two need anything, okay?" Her eyes give the real message: holler if you need a hand, and we'll kick his ass together. Message delivered, the tiny 'shrine maiden' runs off to greet another group of visitors, who look delighted at the sight of their host.

"Cute little thing," Ichiro comments.

"Sure is," I agree, turning away. "Follow me." I take to the air, and Ichiro follows behind. A few moments later, we land in a small clearing, surrounded by multicolored trees. Oranges and reds rustle in the wind, giving a peaceful backdrop to the tension between us. I turn to Ichiro expectantly. "So, let's hear it."

Ichiro considers me a moment, then looks at the paper in his hand. "Quite the story. A public apology for your past actions. Acknowledgement of past difficulties with the tengu leadership. Accusing them of casting you into exile, and thus destroying you. Albeit, you were indirect with the last one, but anybody could read between the lines."

I shrug. "I speak nothing but the Truth." I smirk. "For a change. It's been a while, you know?"

Ichiro considers the story in the Kakashi Spirit News. "Maybe so. Though you omitted the full truth, rather than lay everything on the line. Very carefully explaining yourself, while not putting too much blame on the elders. Which also manages to simultaneously out some of their past actions. Quite a few tengu these days don't know the full details of your past exile."

I chuckle. "It sounds like I pissed some people off."

"Oh yes," Ichiro agrees. "The elders are beside themselves. They don't know if you're just trying to put all the blame off on them, trying to start a revolt, reveal all their dirty laundry, overthrow tengu society, or any number of possible activities. It's quite a sight; the sheer paranoia on display is almost a force in and of itself."

"Heh. Heaven help us if they weaponize it," I quip, "They could take all of Gensokyo. Next thing you know, they'll actually think about going to the Moriyas for help with their reputation."

"Highly unlikely, that," Ichiro comments, putting away the newspaper. "Admitting to weakness? To the Moriyas? About an internal affair, no less? They'd see the village burn before doing such a thing. You know that as well as I. An admission of weakness is absolutely intolerable to our leadership."

"Gotta love tengu politics," I say, folding my arms. I stare at Ichiro.

My parole officer shrugs. "No. I really don't." I blink, and the two of us stare at one another for a long moment. After a minute or two of silence, Ichiro turns away and walks over to sit on a rock. Putting the newspaper down, he reaches inside of his robes and pulls out, of all things, a bottle of sake. He slips out a small cup, stares at it, then shakes his head and puts it away. His choice made, Ichiro opens the bottle...

...and takes a long pull of it, coughing a bit as the burn goes down his throat.

I stare at the man like he just grew another head.

Ichiro looks up at me, silently proffering the bottle. After a moment of hesitation, I nod and walk over to him, taking the bottle and having a sip from it myself. It's good stuff; I vaguely wonder just how long Ichiro has had this stuff squirreled away. I pass the bottle back to him, and raise my eyebrow. "What's the occasion?"

He looks back up at me, then takes another drink of sake before answering. "Do you remember that village, Aya?"

I frown. "What village?"

"The one we burned to the ground. The one we struck from our records lest knowledge of the atrocity shame us." Ichiro stares into the woods with a distant expression, as though seeing flames from centuries ago.

I just stare at him, taken aback. "You knew about that? Wait, you were there?!"

For a moment, Ichiro is silent. Slowly, ever so slowly, he turns his head to look at me. "I was the one who reported it."

I'm speechless.

"I was young, and eager to prove myself." Ichiro shakes his head, looking back out at the woods. "I was determined to prove my worth, and that village was the key to it. After all, it was full of our enemies, the humans. Their warriors were sighted there. They supplied food. Obviously, they were a threat that had to be stamped out. I found the village, and recorded everything about it, knowing that I would be rewarded for my hard work. And so I was." He shakes his head. "I was so proud. Lord Tenma himself clapped me on the shoulder, pleased that I had found another hunter enclave. This was to be a great victory for us, and it was all due to me." He laughs, a dead, bitter sound. "That's right. All due to me." He takes another lond drink of sake, and hangs his head.

"Except it was anything other than a victory, wasn't it?" I ask quietly.

"It was slaughter," Ichiro breathes, eyes shimmering with emotion. His stony facade starts to break, and his body trembles. "I watched from on high, so proud of myself. Then the killing started. The burning. The screams. The people were slain without mercy, with no chance to defend themselves." He looks back at me, eyes damp. "Did you know there was to be a wedding that day? I even found the couple afterwards, holding each other tightly in death. It looks like the groom was trying to defend his bride from the spears. And then there was this little girl holding flowers-" His voice breaks, and the bottle drops from his hand. Ichiro presses his hands to his face, and I see him clench his teeth as he desperately tries to hold his voice in.

"...And it was all because of you," I say quietly, understanding.

He nods shakily. "Young Ichiro, the crow," he breathes. "He who would be on the lips of all of the tengu. Dread to our enemies, hero to our people. And I guided the massacre of hundreds of innocents." His hands drop, and a single tear streaks down his cheek. "I contemplated suicide. How could I live with myself? But then Lord Tenma declared that the events of that day... had never happened. No one spoke of it ever again. No one congratulated or condemned me. It had simply... unhappened."

He slowly raises his face to look at me, an old, guilty, haunted face. "But I remembered. How could I ever forget?"

I close my eyes.

"No one forgot," he sighs. "You could see it in their eyes. But it was... easier, that way. Pretending that it had never happened. That it was all a bad dream. A nightmare." He barks out a bitter laugh. "Turning our eyes from what is unpleasant. The tengu way, I fear." I open my eyes, and see Ichiro staring down at the spilled bottle of sake. "I changed that day. I could never again let myself fall to my animal passions. I had to become disciplined, to hold in my bloodlust. We tengu pulled away from the world. So be it. It would prevent such idiocy," he spits out the word, "from ever happening again."

"But in the end, you were just running away," I say quietly. "From your guilt, your involvement." I sigh heavily.

Ichiro hangs his head. "I was a fool back then," he says quietly. "Mayhap I still am. But I know what you're doing, Aya. I... used to revere your freedom. How you refused to bow before the elders' will. Then I hated you for it. Feared you would lead us back into chaos, and more bloodshed, with your insistence that we look beyond the village. That we keep changing." He heaves a sigh. "Then you came crying before the village gates, and turned into the elders' songbird, and I hated you yet again. But I could not say just why. Maybe... I was just projecting, and the one I always hated was myself. Ichiro, the cowardly crow. Ichiro the murderer."

There is a long moment of silence between the two of us. I stand there, beside this long-broken tengu who hid behind a veil of discipline for centuries, and grasp for words to speak.


[ ] What do you say to Ichiro?
I'm terribly bad at coming up with a clever wording (and as the author, that's your job anyway) but:

[X] Be supportive.

He's right where Aya was some time ago. Finally facing his inner demons and finding that they've been waiting for him to crack, all this time.
Aya found her help in Hina and the Mikami and even if she can't be that help for Ichi, she can at least be supportive until he manages to resolve his issues.
As the de facto miko of a faith based around positive change, it's basically her duty to do so.


And then the Mikami becomes the therapists of Gensokyo.
I can totally see Aya getting into all those freudian theories. With a notepad, a large padded chair and a low couch she'd say things like:
"Yes, I see.. Well, your problem is that you want to have sex with your mother and I mean, who doesn't? She's hot! I used to have some pictures of her. And her mother too, for that matter... Let me tell you, your granny was a real babe back in her day. Rowr.
...Well, time's up. I feel like we've made some real progress today. That'll be $500 for an hour of consultation. Cash or credit?"
File 138775527645.png - (658.75KB, 1280x716, 1384592304442.png) [iqdb]
25077
[X] "We all have to live our lives bearing the consequences of our choices. Especially those of us who live as long as we do...no matter how much we want to take it all back...no matter how much we want to just look away and try to forget."
-[X] "People keep saying that we have to learn from our mistakes or be doomed to repeat them but no one ever follows their own advice until it's too late. I mean, look at us now. Just two wounded crows haunted by our pasts."
--[X] "We're better than this. I know we are."
---[X] "I also know that we both need another drink and I know just the place."
----[X] Invite him back to the shrine for a first hand look at what we have accomplished so far.

Fuck. I mean...fuck. This is the same thing that happened in Being Meiling when we were all "Righteous Fury" on Aya because she was being a creep without knowing much else about her aside from the sterotype of Aya Shameimaru. Character Motivations man, I tell ya. Everyone is the way they are for a reason.

Well, this IS Gensokyo so time to get shitface drunk with our newly unveiled PTSD-bro!
[X] "We all have to live our lives bearing the consequences of our choices. Especially those of us who live as long as we do...no matter how much we want to take it all back...no matter how much we want to just look away and try to forget."
-[X] "People keep saying that we have to learn from our mistakes or be doomed to repeat them but no one ever follows their own advice until it's too late. I mean, look at us now. Just two wounded crows haunted by our pasts."
--[X] "We're better than this. I know we are."
---[X] "I also know that we both need another drink and I know just the place."
----[X] Invite him back to the shrine for a first hand look at what we have accomplished so far.

I'm tempted to tell him what we're planning, but there's just a tiny bit of doubt. If we tell him and he's acting, we'd be completely fucked. If we don't and he's not, we can always bring him in later.
I'm not quite sure about the most recent write-in, so for now I'll simply vote to

[X] Be supportive.

I may change it if there's a write-in I like.
[X] Be supportive.
-[X] Offer him a drink at the shrine. Networking!

Don't like the write in, too lazy to come up with better. Something along those lines is fine, though.
[x]>>25078
But with an addendum at the begining.

[X] Understandable. You admired me because I did what you dared not. And you hated me when I gave up. For that I'm sorry: I tried my best-and I'm not giving up again.
>>25078 here. I agree with >>25081.
I want to say something clever about every day being an opportunity for change and then segueing into inviting him to the shrine but it isn't coming to me.
[X] "We all have to live our lives bearing the consequences of our choices. Especially those of us who live as long as we do...no matter how much we want to take it all back...no matter how much we want to just look away and try to forget."
-[X] "People keep saying that we have to learn from our mistakes or be doomed to repeat them but no one ever follows their own advice until it's too late. I mean, look at us now. Just two wounded crows haunted by our pasts."
--[X] "We're better than this. I know we are."
---[X] "I also know that we both need another drink and I know just the place."
----[X] Invite him back to the shrine for a first hand look at what we have accomplished so far.
[x] What >>25081 said
[x] What >>25085 said in reference to another post.
[x] What >>25081said
Okay, pretty clear where the votes are headed, so I'm going to call things and start writing.
File 138784633883.jpg - (154.35KB, 850x850, what ichiro saw.jpg) [iqdb]
25089
I stare out at the colorful trees of the autumnlands. If I strain my ears, I can just about hear the murmur of activity back at Mikami shrine. Lifting my gaze, I can make out the tip of Youkai Mountain, peeking out over the trees surrounding us. I wonder if any of the other tengu can see us, and are wondering what's happening. I wonder if any of them feel the same way as Ichiro.

Well. It seems I have something else in common with other tengu. Ichiro's just as scarred as I am, and was broken just as badly. Funny, somehow I always thought that I stood alone in this. Alone in my pain. Alone in my confusion. Ichiro was just another jerk, giving me a hard time. Just like I was merely another pervert to the vast majority of Gensokyo. Strange how things turn out. Reality can be one hell of a bitch sometimes, if enlightening.

"You're not a coward," I say quietly. "And you're not a murderer, either. You were just young, and eager. You made a mistake. A lot of people have, be they tengu or human. Me, the gods know I've made my own share of mistakes. And I let them weigh me down. You're doing the same, you know."

Ichiro looks up at me. "You know, I half-expected you to tear into me for all of the hell I've given you over the years. You're being surprisingly... understanding."

"It's because I do understand," I insist, turning to face him. I look Ichiro in the eyes. "You admired me."

He closes his eyes. "Of course I did. You were everything I wanted to be. Strong, proud, and an example to us all. For all your power, you refused to fight, out of principle. You stood up to the elders, and would not let them bend you. You flew where you wished, unfettered. And I... I wanted that, Aya. To fly freely, without a stern eye dictating my life to me." He laughs weakly. "Hell, I was hoping that you would be the one to congratulate me, to tell me that I was a model crow." The sad tengu looks up at me. "Still, at that age, I never really understood you. I admired your determination, but I could never understand why you refused to draw a blade against our enemies. Not until it was too late, that was." He sighs. "I was as confused by you as I was fascinated by you."

"And ultimately, I disappointed you," I whisper.

"...Yes," Ichiro admits quietly. "When you left the village with your head held high, I was in awe. You were embracing you freedom, a concept I had come to fear, but still hungered for, deep down. A part of me wanted to follow you."

"...Better that you didn't," I admit. "That was foolish of me, and arrogant. I left the village thinking that half of the tengu would follow me, and that the elders would be forced to bend. Instead, I lost the opportunity to change things from the inside. I lost everything."

"We were afraid," Ichiro says. "Afraid of condemnation. Afraid that our own kin would turn away from us. But I wonder, looking back: did my kin think the same way I did?"

"Who knows?" I shrug. "But I understand what you're saying, Ichiro. You admired what I did, and hated me when I gave up."

"If you had waited just a little longer..." Ichiro bites his lip. "Your forced exile was nearly the last straw for many of us. Everyone knew of the great Shameimaru, and all she had done for us! You were a hero to many! You being cast away into exile was unthinkable, you should have been welcomed back with welcome arms." He shakes his head. "Just a bit longer, and some of us might have finally joined you out there."

"But I gave up," I realize.

"Yes." He hangs his head. "You came back in tears, and proved that things would never change. I hated you for it." Ichiro looks up at me, eyes sad. "But I really hated myself. I can only imagine how hard it must have been, to be so alone, for so long. I... should have joined you earlier. If I had, others might have followed. I'm sorry."

I shake my head. "No. I'm sorry. I gave up. It was hard, Ichiro... so hard. I honestly tried my best, but I just couldn't take it anymore."

"I understand." Ichiro snorts, and laughs ruefully. "Every so often, I get tired of my empty house and go to a teahouse, just for the presence of other tengu. Looking back... I can't believe you held out as long as you did." He sighs again.

I turn back to face him. "I gave up back then, it's true. But I won't give up again." This get his attention, and Ichiro looks up at me curiously. I get down on one knee in front of him, eye-to-eye now. "You're not a murderer, Ichiro. And you aren't a coward, either. You were just young, and made a mistake. But... that doesn't change what happened. And it did happen, whatever the elders want to say. And that's something that you'll have to live with for the rest of your life. Just as I have to bear the burden of my own mistakes."

His eyes close tightly. "But it's so hard, Aya," he says pleadingly. "Some nights, I still have dreams of that day. Of the screaming, of the couple who just wanted a happy day for their wedding-"

Ichiro's voice starts to crack, and I reach out and cup his face, turning his teary eyes towards my own. "It's the burden of choice, Ichiro," I whisper. "We all bear the burden of consequence. Especially we youkai, who live so long. I know you want to take it all back. I know you want to forget about all of it. But we can't."

"Why?" Ichiro asks weakly, lost and in pain.

I sigh. "Because to learn from our mistakes, we need to remember them, lest we repeat them. Because we need to honor the memories of those we have harmed, lest their suffering be in vain. People say that all the time; it's ancient knowledge! But so few people ever do. The tengu certainly don't, and it hasn't done us any favors." I smile sadly. "Just look at you and me. Two wounded crows, haunted by our pasts."

Ichiro thinks about it. "Crippled by our pasts," he says at last. "You were right. I was running away. Trying to pretend it had never happened."

I nod. "Just like me. And look what that did for me." I stand up. "We're better than this, Ichiro. All of us are. I know this, and I know that it's finally time to actually do something about it." I hold out a hand and smile. "I also know that we need another drink, right now, and I know just the place."

Ichiro hesitates, then takes my hand and lets me pull him up. He looks down at the bottle of sake ruefully. "Damn. That was an old bottle. What a waste."

I snicker. "Believe me, Minoriko has some way better hooch than that. Come on, follow me and I'll show you." I lead the way to Mikami shrine, and Ichiro follows.

**************************************************

Wow. The place is really jumping. I wouldn't say that the shrine is crowded, but a large number of people are milling about in the main reception area, while small groups head down one of the three hallways. There's an air of curiosity about everyone, of people wondering just what these three goddesses are up to... as well as a heartening air of approval. The people are liking what they're seeing. Things are going well.

I glance down the hallways. I should probably jump in and act like a shrine maiden at some point, but the whole point of being a priestess is helping people in need, right? And Ichiro really needs someone to talk to right now. I'd like to show him more of the shrine, but I wonder if seeing one of the Mikami in action wouldn't help out a bit. Actually, that sounds like a really good plan to me right now. Thing is, which hallway should we head down?


[ ] Go see Minoriko. Man needs a drink.
[ ] Go see Hina. Ichiro needs some misfortune removed.
[ ] So see Shizuha. Some art could be good for the soul, after all.
[x] Go see Minoriko. Man needs a drink.
-[x] While drinking, suggest visiting Hina might help. She did alright by Aya.
[X] Go see Minoriko. Man needs a drink.
-[X] While drinking, suggest visiting Hina might help. She did alright by Aya.

Yeah, pretty much this. Quoted verbatim.
[x] Go see Minoriko. Man needs a drink.
-[x] While drinking, suggest visiting Hina might help. She did alright by Aya.
-[x] Then maybe some art afterwards or before Hina.

If we're trying to make him a convert, why not show him everything, that and I am not okay with Shizuha neglect
[x] Visit Hina first.
- [x] Then go get some sipping sake and sit watching the Field of Autumn Leaves.

No, Sanae, there are no electronics shops here.
[x] So see Shizuha. Some art could be good for the soul, after all.
[x] Go see Minoriko. Man needs a drink.
-[x] While drinking, suggest visiting Hina might help. She did alright by Aya.
[X] Go see Minoriko. Man needs a drink.

Is it bad that I want to ship him with either Momiji or the Aki sisters now?
[x] Go see Minoriko. Man needs a drink.
-[x] While drinking, suggest visiting Hina might help. She did alright by Aya.
[x] Go see Minoriko. Man needs a drink.
-[x] While drinking, suggest visiting Hina might help. She did alright by Aya.
[x] Go see Minoriko. Man needs a drink.
-[x] While drinking, suggest visiting Hina might help. She did alright by Aya.

Inb4thistriggersaflagbetweenIchiroandHina
[x] Go see Minoriko. Man needs a drink.
-[x] While drinking, suggest visiting Hina might help. She did alright by Aya.
-[x] Then maybe some art afterwards or before Hina.
>>25099

Sweet Hina already belongs to sometengu else. Get in line Ich-emo.
[x] Go see Minoriko. Man needs a drink.
-[x] While drinking, suggest visiting Hina might help. She did alright by Aya.
-[x] Then maybe some art afterwards or before Hina.
[x] Suggest conversion of Itchy via flirty fishing, followed by love-bombing.
 [X] Go see Shizuha. Some art could be good for the soul, after all.

Obligatory counter vote.
[x] Go see Minoriko. Man needs a drink.

hina is ours go away itchy Drinking should be a social activity, fun but not out of hand. Minoriko should be able to help him while making sure he doesn't get plastered for no good reason.
Okay, pretty clear majority here. We'll be taking Ichiro to see our lovely Minoriko. Specifically, her lovely supply of alcohol.
File 138801631424.jpg - (313.59KB, 850x1275, christmas aya.jpg) [iqdb]
25106
Merry Christmas, THP! Pic is unrelated to the post, very related to the day.

--------------------------------------------

Eh, I think I'll just keep to plan A. That is to say, get some good booze into Ichiro. With a final glance around at the people milling about in the main, central area of the shrine, I tap my tengu companion on the shoulder and lead him down the passageway leading to Minoriko's wing.

It's fairly busy, as one would expect. After all, this is where alcohol is provided to thirsty patrons. Hey, if all else fails, this place would make for a nice, quiet bar with a nice, beautiful view! Several people of both the human and youkai persuasion are scattered about, sipping their drinks and looking out at the autumnlands, or listening to Minoriko as she holds court.

The harvest goddess herself is sitting at the front of the room, talking to several petitioners, who look like farmers at first glance. Just about everyone else is listening in as she talks though, and Mino is making sure to explain the full details of her branch of the religion. As she goes on about the honor to be had in a solid day's work, and seizing the moment to make your own changes in life, she makes sure to talk to the people listening to her, occasionally leaving the preaching alone to just make small talk and asking people how their lives are going. I can't help but nod in approval; it marks Minoriko as being a goddess of the people, interested in their everyday lives.

I glance around the room, and my gaze halts as I notice a pair of familiar figures: a witch and her fairy companion. Wife? Lover? Things were always a bit nebulous between Pameel and Marisa Kirisame. But I can't help but note that the two of them look to be quite close; Pameel is snuggled up tight against Marisa, looking as happy as can be, while Marisa isn't the slightest bit bothered by the proximity. Actually, her free hand looks to be looped over Pameel's shoulders! It's kinda cute, really.

The journalist in me wants to investigate further, but the miko I'm trying to be doesn't want to screw up what Minoriko's doing. Best to let her try to rope those two in, along with everyone else. Meanwhile, I have a fellow tengu to talk to. I guide Ichiro over to a table on one of the external verandas before heading over to the taps to draw a couple of drinks for the two of us. Rather cleverly, it's labeled: 'Please place donation in exchange for the gift of divine drink! Cheaters get the wrath of the Mikami; those who play nice get the best drink in Gensokyo!' In other words, tying partaking of the booze here to having faith in the Mikami. Not bad, Mino. Not bad.

I sit back down with Ichiro and slide him a glass of wine, which he sips carefully before looking at the glass in surprise. "That's pretty good," he remarks.

"Of course!" I say proudly. "Minoriko makes the best booze in all of Gensokyo. It's a good thing that the Oni are all underground, or we'd be mobbed!"

Ichiro shudders at my words. "Please don't even joke about that. I've never met an Oni before, but the stories have really stuck with me."

I shrug. "Well, I have met the Oni, both far in the past and recently, and they're a lot better than they once were. I mean, they were working for an earth spider, and helped to build this place!" I laugh and take a sip of wine. "Oni gentlemen. Who would've guessed?"

Ichiro chuckles himself, a strange sound from the previously uptight tengu. "Associating with and speaking up for the Oni. Somehow, that's just very... you, Aya."

"Eh, I only associated with them a bit, and I was terrified until I got to know them," I admit. "Still, that's pretty telling, isn't it, Ichiro? The Oni have changed. A lot. Unlike us."

Ichiro looks at me seriously. "Back to this again. You really think that things need to change, don't you Aya?"

"Obviously," I retort. "If you know me half as well as you seem to think to, you shouldn't even have to ask. Besides, don't you want the same thing?"

My companion winces, taking a drink to steady himself. "Well... maybe," he says hesitantly. "I mean, I can't say that I'm happy with how things are, but I can't help but remember what happened the last time we were unchained, as it were." Ichiro closes his eyes. "I don't want us to do anything like that ever again."

"If we don't remember our crimes, it will, Ichiro," I say solemnly. "It's only a matter of time. That's why we need to remember what has happened, even if it hurts us. Because if we don't we'll just make the same mistakes. Either that, or we'll rot and stagnate to nothing. I mean, come on! How much of Gensokyo honestly gives a damn about us tengu? As long as they keep away from Youkai Mountain, we may as well not exist. For most of the world, we don't. We're better than that, Ichiro. We can do so much more."

"You believe that with all of your heart," Ichiro says. It's not a question.

"I do," I nod. "We've needed to change for a very, very long time. But we haven't. We've gotten complacent. We've gotten scared. And talking to you, and to other tengu, I now know that I'm not the only person who thinks this way." I lean forward. "We all want change, Ichiro. We're just too frightened to admit it."

"Not all of us do," he mutters. "There are a few tengu who honestly think that things are fine the way they are."

"You mean the elders," I snort.

He looks thoughtful. "...Not necessarily," he says after a drink of wine. "I think a couple of the elders are actually a bit dissatisfied with the way things are themselves. On the other hand, they stand to lose a lot if they step away from the party line, as it were. The nail that stand out gets hammered, and all that. Then again, there are some tengu who are genuinely so conservative that they can't think of any other way to behave."

I grunt at that. I guess it's too much to expect that all of the tengu are just waiting to fly away from Youkai Mountain, to break with tradition. Still, Ichiro's words surprise me. It never occurred to me that some of the elders themselves might wish for things to be different. Still...

"Let's be honest, Ichiro," I say seriously. "Tenma's been in his cups for centuries. Whatever they may feel as individuals, the elders aren't going to do anything. They're too damned inert. No, if we want things to change, we have to stand up and take care of it ourselves."

Ichiro gives me a long, solemn look. "That's just it, though. That's what you're doing. You plan to thwart the elders, to force change, whether they want it or not."

I fall silent. I don't know if I can trust Ichiro. I believe in his guilt; you can't fake that kind of pain. But on the other hand, he's been a conservative tengu for most of his life. Is he really willing to turn his back on the elders, to lend his hand in support of a radical tengu who wants to shake things up?

"...Ichiro, why did you come to talk to me?" I ask.

He hesitates. "My explanation, to myself and everyone else, was that as your parole officer I had to deal with what could be seditious activity against the village."

"And the real reason?" I press him.

He sighs wearily. "I have no idea," he admits. "Maybe... I just had to talk to you. To let some of my own skeletons out of the closet. Maybe I just needed..." He waves his hands helplessly.

"You needed to talk to someone," I finish for him. "Someone who would really listen to you." Ichiro hesitates, then nods silently. I think for a moment. Ichiro's on the edge, here. Deep down, he doesn't like what has become of the village. He doesn't want to hide his guilt under layers of discipline, afraid that he'll do something stupid and get people killed again. But on the other hand, that very fear is holding him in place. It's a big burden for anyone to bear.

A lot of misfortune, you could say.

"Would you like to talk to Hina?" I ask gently. "It could do you a whole lot of good. Talking to her did me a world of good; I mean, just look at how much I've changed since I've gone to stay with her!"

Ichiro hesitates, looking troubled. "...Maybe," he says carefully. "It's just... it's one thing to pay lip service to the Moriyas. But to open myself up to your Mikami? It just seems like a big step, you know?" Of course it does. It means actually leaving his past behind. And as much as Ichiro's past burdens him, it's also a rock that he clings to. I feel that he needs to let go of it; the man himself is probably terrified of doing the same.

So, what to do?


[ ] Get him to talk to Minoriko. Ichiro needs to learn to seize the moment himself.
[ ] Get him to talk to Hina. If she rids him of his misfortune, it may ease his heart.
[ ] Get him to talk to Shizuha. Art always did the soul good.
[ ] Let him think about it for a minute or two. I'd kinda like to talk to Marisa and Pameel.
[X] Get him to talk to Hina. If she rids him of his misfortune, it may ease his heart.
[X] Get him to talk to Hina. If she rids him of his misfortune, it may ease his heart.
[X] Get him to talk to Hina. If she rids him of his misfortune, it may ease his heart.
File 138802160138.jpg - (22.48KB, 480x360, Hina is All.jpg) [iqdb]
25110
[x] Get Itchy really drunk. Cisco is recommended.
-[x] Then introduce him to Hina. If she rids him of his misfortune, it may ease his heart.
--[x] Hina is All... omni-existent, spreading and changing the Non into Hina.
--[x] Hina flows through all things, binding them together, making them one.

[x] "It wasn't my fault, I swear! I mean, I didn't plan for him to get all loopy!"
[X] Let him think about it for a minute or two. I'd kinda like to talk to Marisa and Pameel.
-[X] Get him to talk to Hina. If she rids him of his misfortune, it may ease his heart.

Mostly because I want to see how they're doing. But Hina's best for Ichiro.
[x] Hina

No computer. No phone. Will not stop me!
Posting from old PSP.
[x] Get him to talk to Minoriko. Ichiro needs to learn to seize the moment himself.
[X] Let him think about it for a minute or two. I'd kinda like to talk to Marisa and Pameel.

I think he'll be willing to go in a bit, but we shouldn't push too hard. (Nobody likes the Jehovah's Witnesses, after all.) Let him enjoy the festival for a little while.
[x] Let him think about it for a minute or two. I'd kinda like to talk to Marisa and Pameel.

Marisa and Pameel override all other concerns.
[X] Get him to talk to Hina. If she rids him of his misfortune, it may ease his heart.
 Anonymous 2013/12/26(Thu)06:23 No. 25114[X] Let him think about it for a minute or two. I'd kinda like to talk to Marisa and Pameel. 
[x]>>25112
-[x] But it has to be his choice. If we "force" him to do anything, then we're no better than the elders.

Good update!
[x] Suggest that he talk to Hina. If she rids him of his misfortune, it may ease his heart.

Adjusted it. And while I don't want to neglect Shizuha, I think this should come first before talking with Minoriko or looking at Shizuha's stuff.
Modifying my vote (>>25110) to:

[x] Get Itchy really drunk. Cisco is recommended.
-[x] Then introduce him to Hina. If she rids him of his misfortune, it may ease his heart.
-[x]Check up on Marisa and Pameel while Itchy's getting spun. What trouble could he possible get into?
--[x] Hina is All... omni-existent, spreading and changing the Non into Hina.
--[x] Hina flows through all things, binding them together, making them one.

[x] "It wasn't my fault, I swear! I mean, I didn't plan for him to get all loopy!"

Here's hoping we get to see the Kirisames, we could use the help of a career criminal in overthrowing the government.
[X] Let him think about it for a minute or two. I'd kinda like to talk to Marisa and Pameel.
[X] Get him to talk to Hina. If she rids him of his misfortune, it may ease his heart.
[X] Let him think about it for a minute or two. I'd kinda like to talk to Marisa and Pameel.

This! This so much!

Another excellent update, Keymaster.
Gonna call it for getting Itchy to talk to Hina.

So, how was everyone's Christmas?
>>25125

(Spent it waiting for your updates...)

Nah, kidding, it was super awesome. Yours?

Also, sad about the lack of more Kirisame antics, but still happy we're getting to see more Hina.

(We're being generous here, but Hina's still ours, Ich-emo! I'm watching you and your butt rod thing closely!)
>>25125
Well, I "tore my family apart" and I've been told to never see any of them again, so, not great.
>>25126
why worry? It's Keymaster we're talking about here.
File 138817604627.jpg - (270.14KB, 1280x720, 1388155712513.jpg) [iqdb]
25129
>>25125
Depressed for no reason, locked myself for one hour, came back for half an hour and then feel asleep without saying goodbye to any of the guests. So, not very nice.

Anyway, looking forward to the next update!
>>25125
Got a professional cook's knife. And Cash.

Hooray for christmas.
File 138818084910.jpg - (134.28KB, 850x601, did you miss her.jpg) [iqdb]
25131
I sigh a little bit. Before anything else, I really think that Ichiro needs to let go of his past, the errors and crimes that he committed. That nasty little incident left a pall upon him, and has likely controlled his path ever since. Getting Hina to remove my misfortune was like tossing a huge log off of my shoulders; maybe it would do the same for him?

"C'mon, Itchy," I say, getting his attention with the nickname that he always hated. "Just give her a chance. If nothing else, just give a donation and let Hina take away all of your misfortune. It'll do you good! Maybe you'll be able to see clearer afterwards, you know what I mean?"

He sighs after a moment. "...I suppose it can't hurt. After all, that's what she's there for, right? Ridding us of misfortune, even when we brought it upon ourselves."

"Not to mention helping us deal with changes brought on by rotten luck," I add gently.

"Or being a young moron," Ichiro says bitterly, but he stands up nonetheless. With a final glance around the room, and at Minoriko's full house, I lead the way to Hina's wing of the shrine.

It's a bit less crowded here, and the people present aren't exactly crowding around Hina like they were Minoriko, but those thoughts just flit through my head as I watch Hina in action. She's spinning, ribbons flying around her as she twirls in place in the center of the watery spiral built into the floor of her rooms. As she spins, drawing the misfortune out of a middle-aged woman nearby, I realize that Hina has an expression of almost beatific happiness on her face. Off to one side, a small group of humans whisper to each other, looking surprised and pleased. Petitioners that have had their misfortune removed, I realize.

Still, I barely notice all of these other things; my journalist's mind noting them and cataloging them while my attention remains focused on the wonder in the center of the room. I realize after a moment that my jaw isn't the only one slightly agape. Ichiro is staring at Hina, stunned, while the other people in the room gaze upon her with something approaching awe. And how could they not? What dances in the middle of the room is a caring goddess finally able to fulfill her function in life, and actually receiving honest appreciation for it. She is lost in her meditations, her face beaming with joy.

By the Mikami, Hina is so beautiful.

After a timeless moment, Hina comes to a stop and says something quietly to the woman who was receiving her service. The woman jumps out of her own trance, and smiles back, bowing in appreciation. Nodding to her supplicant, Hina turns to address the room. "So, is there anyone else?"

A few people turn to each other and whisper, clearly a bit awed. Hina giggles a bit at their reaction, and I find myself wondering if the misfortune goddess wasn't perhaps playing things up just a tad. Either way, you snooze, you lose!

"Right here!" I call out, pushing Ichiro forward. My tengu companion blinks a little bit, but quickly regains his poise and makes his way over to Hina, bowing slightly. "Lady Kagiyama, I had your services recommended to me," he says formally.

Hina's eyes flick over to me curiously, but she turns her full attention to Ichiro with a warm smile. "I wasn't expecting a tengu from the mountain to come see me. What a pleasant surprise!"

Ichiro coughs awkwardly. "I realize that you have not had the highest opinion of us in the past, but-" he is silenced by a gentle finger being placed upon his lips.

Hina just gives Ichiro a kind smile. "That's in the past. I've had the pleasure of spending some time with some of your people, and have had a chance to rethink things." The goddess glances over at me for a moment before returning her gaze to Ichiro. She frowns a bit, looking troubled. "Besides, I can taste your misfortune. It is old, and very thick. Will you allow me to remove it from you?"

Ichiro coughs a little bit, then nods. "Er... yes, if you please." Smiling happily, Hina takes his hand and leads him further into her watery smile. Taking position, Hina then nods to Ichiro, and begins to spin.

......

I could watch this all day.

Still, I am kind of, sort of, the shrine maiden here, so while Ichiro is getting tended to, I turn my attentions to the rest of the room. The petitioners that have been seen to are talking among themselves with looks of wonder on their faces, while those who have just been watching find themselves drawing ever closer to Hina's dance. There are mostly humans here, but I notice a couple of youkai present as well. Actually, now that I'm paying attention, I see a couple of familiar faces.

Tokiko the ibis youkai is standing off to one side, watching the ritual with a look of peaceful fascination on her face. I have to admit, for a girl that was put through the emotional wringer like she was, Tokiko seems to be doing just fine. Good for her! Still, I wonder what brought her to seek out Hina?

I notice another figure clad in black clothing, sitting on a bench all by herself. That's... Lily Black, Lily White's sister or something. She just sits there with a grouchy look upon her face, watching Hina perform her ritual for Ichiro. As though feeling my gaze, the fairy glances up at me, making eye contact.

Then she frowns and gives me the finger. Nice lady.

Tearing my attention away from the surly fairy in black, I look back to where Hina is slowing to a stop. Still with a kind smile on her face, the goddess steps forward and exchanges a few words with Ichiro. Itchy looks surprised at Hina's words, and shakes his head in negation. Unperturbed, Hina reaches out and squeezes his hand gently before saying something else, causing him to look up in surprise.

Then Ichiro does something that I never, ever expected from him.

He smiles gratefully.

Also, he's blushing.

......

Why do I suddenly want to punch the man?

Bowing deeply to Hina, Ichiro turns away and heads for the exit, but not before pointedly making a rather large donation in the offertory box. Walking up to me, Ichiro leans over to whisper in my ear. "You were right. I'm glad I came here. She really is an amazing woman." Shaking his head, and with a shy smile, the tengu walks out of the room. Hina is already tending to her next petitioner.

...What the hell was that all about?


[ ] Go after Ichiro. What was all that about?
[ ] Get Hina off to one side. What were they talking about?
[ ] Go talk to Tokiko. How is she holding up?
[ ] Go talk to Lily Black. What is her problem?
[ ] Well, maybe it's time to act like a miko and mingle with the people.
[x] Go after Ichiro. What was all that about?

I have to know. And Hina is busy right now.
[x] Punch Itchy.
[x] Well, time to act like a miko and start mingling.
- [x] After finding out where Sukuna put our outfit, of course: knowing her, if she went through the trouble of finding an outfit for herself, she must've gotten one for us, too.

While mingling we might be able to test the waters with Tokiko, see if she needs more specific assistance.
[x] Get Hina off to one side. What were they talking about?
hina stop what are you doing
[X] Well, maybe it's time to act like a miko and mingle with the people.

I, for one, welcome Hina as the new Tengu Overlord.
[X] Well, maybe it's time to act like a miko and mingle with the people.
-[X] This does include Lily Black, by the way.
[x] Act like a miko
-[x] But ask her what was that all about later on.
Hina pls no .
[X] Well, maybe it's time to act like a miko and mingle with the people.
[X] Well, maybe it's time to act like a miko and mingle with the people.

If Aya is serious about this whole miko business, she's gonna have to learn how to handle temple visitors and perform minor blessings in case the goddesses aren't available at the moment.


As for Itchy, I don't think there's much going on, actually. After all, Aya had much the same reaction to her first time too. It might just be high of misfortune removal.
But, just in case, it might be worth keeping an eye out in case Aya's gonna have to smack an Itch.
Okay, bad pun. Never mind. I'm just going to leave now.
[x] Well, time to act like a miko and start mingling.
- [x] After finding out where Sukuna put our outfit, of course: knowing her, if she went through the trouble of finding an outfit for herself, she must've gotten one for us, too.
[X] Well, maybe it's time to act like a miko and mingle with the people.
[X] check on Tokiko and Lily (and Kirisames too) while we're at it.
[X] no need for the costume yet. We really should get the Mikami's blessings so to speak before we play miko openly.

Yamadammit Ich-emo! We're not sharing anymore! Take a look at the story's title and take the hint!
[X] Well, maybe it's time to act like a miko and mingle with the people.
[X] check on Tokiko and Lily (and Kirisames too) while we're at it.
[X] no need for the costume yet. We really should get the Mikami's blessings so to speak before we play miko openly
[X] Well, maybe it's time to act like a miko and mingle with the people.
[X] check on Tokiko and Lily (and Kirisames too) while we're at it.
[X] no need for the costume yet. We really should get the Mikami's blessings so to speak before we play miko openly
Aw, that's adorrrablessss...
[x] Well, time to act like a miko and start mingling.
- [x] After finding out where Sukuna put our outfit, of course: knowing her, if she went through the trouble of finding an outfit for herself, she must've gotten one for us, too.

Now's not the time for interrogation. While I'm sure Aya really wants to know what Ichiro and Hina discussed, and I suspect quite a few readers including myself also want to know, if Aya really wants to be a miko now's the time to start.

>>25141 >>25101 >>25126

Seriously? "Ich-emo?" Just...seriously? Because he feels justifiable guilt in causing a massacre it qualifies him as emo? You are bad and should feel bad.
[x] Well, maybe it's time to act like a miko and mingle with the people.

Placeholder Miko Lovely Aya, engage!
>>25145
I think the implication was that she already had the miko outfit.
X] Well, maybe it's time to act like a miko and mingle with the people. 
[X] check on Tokiko and Lily (and Kirisames too) while we're at it. 
[X] no need for the costume yet. We really should get the Mikami's blessings so to speak before we play miko openly

>>25145
That technically still counts as 'emo' IMHO. I agree it's justified however.

I profess to sharing in that hint of possessive jealousy towards Hina though.
Okay, a very commanding lead for mingling with the people, so consider it done!

Update will be in a new thread.
File 138827353884.jpg - (340.51KB, 850x975, happy holidays.jpg) [iqdb]
25151
New thread:

>>/youkai/25150
[Return][Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x