[Return]  [Bottom[Last Update]
Posting mode: Reply
(Reply to 206017)
  • First time posting? Check out our site rules and FAQ.
  • Supported file types are: AVIF, GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM, WEBP.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog
Show or hide post box

Watch Thread
Hide Thread
Expand All Images
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171169225481.jpg - (112.18KB, 366x600, __hieda_no_akyuu_touhou_drawn_by_koto_keioteo__4a6.jpg)
__hieda_no_akyuu_touhou_drawn_by_koto_keioteo__4a6
THE STORY SO FAR

The world has ended, but five (well, four and a half) humans get a chance to do it over, and make things right. Only problem is, for their second go around, they're not going to be 'human'...

Reimu has survived her rather harrowing first day since regaining her memories, managing to regather a semblance of her former self’s equipment and abilities. Having joined forces with Konpaku Youki, and with assistance from the Sculptor Goddess herself, Reimu managed to defeat Toutetsu Yuuma while preserving her most important secret; that she was Kicchou Yachie’s secret daughter.

In doing so, she briefly awoke a strange, in-between form of her past and seemingly future selves. Doing so taxed her body greatly, and now she is in recuperation under her mother’s loving care, while Yachie seeks a safe place to take Reimu in.

With Reimu's very, very long first day brought to an end at last, our attention heads to the next of the five ex-humans. The one burdened with the most important task of all; bringing memories back to all the others…


Previous Threads:
Redo/Reimu >>205449 >>205720

Or read the story archive on Ao3:
https://archiveofourown.org/series/4062991

“Things I would change, if I could go back in time? Well, there are a few things I’ve done that I regret.” Akyuu raised an eyebrow at that. “Oh, don’t look so surprised. Morality is only one part of a good decision, after all.”

“Still, Lady Eiki…” The chronicler took a sip of her tea. “You always give off such a composed air. I can’t imagine you making many big mistakes since… at least the start of the Edo Period.”

Shiki Eiki gave a thin, weak smile. “Well… the most recent mistake I truly regret was nowhere near that ancient. It was less than a decade ago, in fact. …I’d like to ask that this conversation stays out of the Chronicle.”

Akyuu sat up, nodding. “Of course, Lady Eiki. My lips are sealed.” Curiosity was burning in her, about what could possibly burden the Judge of Paradise. She always seemed so... unflappable, so composed.

Eiki looked up, in about the direction Akyuu had been told one needed to fly to get to the netherworld. “...The Animal Realm… you are of course aware of how rampant the animal gangs are?” Akyuu nodded. “It’s meant to be a place of punishment for sinful humans… but the animal spirits are even more deserving. But we don’t normally have the resources to intervene in the chaos. So… we only intervene when we absolutely have to.”

Akyuu nodded. “What kind of situation drew you in?”

“Toutetsu Yuuma. The taotie who can devour anything, and perhaps the most wicked of them all. She began actually feeding on the spirits of the other gangs, to better incorporate their strengths into her own. It was a despicable action, one that interfered with the cycle of death and rebirth… so naturally, we intervened.” The yama sighed. “But resources are always thin. Always too thin. So I sent for a singular expert for the task.”

She looked down into her teacup. “Konpaku Youki. The man who wielded the perfect blade for the job. He was to slit open the belly of the beast, and come back immediately. The other gangs would quickly pounce on the weakened Yuuma, and the matter would resolve itself from there…”

Akyuu looked over at Eiki, already getting a sense of where this conversation was going. “Did he… succeed?”

Eiki nodded. “Oh, he was a consummate professional, I assure you of that. He finished the task to perfection. But… he took too many wounds. Wounds deep, deep into him. Wounds that would never fully heal. …It’s strange. I’ve always been weary of pride, of overestimating myself… but I still haven’t learnt not to overestimate others.”

Akyuu could see the weariness of Eiki’s expression, a slight tremble on her lips. “Youki… had time to put his affairs in order. Hand the ancestral blade over to his granddaughter. And once he’d done that, he left, without telling them the truth of why. That he didn’t want his family to see the invincible swordsman wither away. …He died only a few days later.”

The yama looked at Akyuu. “...That is what I would change. I would save Konpaku Youki. What about you, Akyuu?”

Akyuu blinked,
the spiraling vortex of time coming back into focus. It was a rather pertinent, and heavy, question that her mind had summoned to her attention. One that made her previous answer - about not letting a certain brand of tea fall out of production in Gensokyo - seem rather flighty in comparison.

Officially, the Child of Miare was not supposed to intervene, only record. They were the lens through which history was viewed, not the participants of history themself.

But this time, she didn’t have a choice. If she didn’t step in now, there’d be no history left for her to take note of at all.

Where she was coming from, the humans of Gensokyo had been completely wiped out, and everything else had followed suit. All that had truly been left were the Hourai Immortals, and the spirits they kept together with their powers… which had been Keine, for the most part.

The only others still even able to witness the devastation were Akyuu and four others - the Hakurei Shrine Maiden Reimu, the Ordinary Magician Marisa, the Youma book-collector Kosuzu, and the Half-phantom gardener Youmu. And witness was a very loose term - they’d been reduced to even less than true spirits, no more than the barest wisps. Akyuu had fared the best out of them - perhaps her blessing offered some form of protection - but that was cold comfort as the others almost sputtered out of existence.

The Hourai Immortals had found them, saved them, and gave them a task; go back in time, become youkai, and save everyone. Whatever had killed the humans had not had the same effect on youkai; it was their only hope that incident-resolvers could finish the task they had failed.

And all too much of it revolved around Akyuu. She was the only one sure to retain her full memory of her past life, of what had been, and what would be. She was the one who had to lead the charge in finding the others… it was a lot of pressure.

And yet… she didn’t feel burdened by it. Her heart felt as light as a feather. For once, she wasn’t just recording history, or even participating in it; she was defying it. It was a thrilling thought.

The images around her whirled and blurred. She stared up at them, fascinated, watching the years roll back. She didn’t remember much of what her other reincarnations’ lives were like - the blessing only promised a perfect memory within her current life, after all - but she was fairly sure that something as cliche as ‘her life flashing before her eyes’ was how they were supposed to end, not how they started.

…Well, this was kinda how one life ended… oh, whatever.

She looked down the tunnel in time itself. Should she try to get to Eiki before Youki took his mortal blows? …Somehow, she felt unhurried about it. There were four other very rambunctious problem solvers coming into play, one of them would throw things off in one way or another. Perhaps trying to think too far ahead was a doomed venture - For now, she just needed the perfect path to finding the others. Either something with resources, or something with the right abilities.

As if summoning to her thought, three paths appeared before her, loose collections of floating stones and tiles. By instinct, just looking at their headings, Akyuu already knew that tengu were off the table.

After all, each path came with its own incandescent moon.

[ ] The misty path that swooped under a red moon, dyed a bloody crimson by it's companion's ethereal light.
[ ] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.
[ ] The pure-white, almost featureless path that went straight as an arrow, but twisted upside-down as it flew directly towards a pale, silvery moon.

Delete Post
Report Post
I was just about to go to sleep, nice I didn't miss the new thread.

My bets for the choices are:

- Small devil Akyuu.
- Lunarian Akyuu (maaaybe moon rabbit, but I lean more lunarian)
- This one I can't quite place right now, maybe something Sagume related... white heron Akyuu?

I'll go to sleep and see the responses when I wake up to make a choice.
Delete Post
Report Post
3 choices again (How lovely)...
>>[ ] The misty path that swooped under a red moon, dyed a bloody crimson by it's companion's ethereal light.
Vampire, Devil, or Darkness Youkai (Rumia) probably. Werewolves aren't entirely out of the picture, but this choice gave me Touhou 6 vibes...
>>[ ] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.
Possibly a moon rabbit (like >>206019 stated)
>>[ ] The pure-white, almost featureless path that went straight as an arrow, but twisted upside-down as it flew directly towards a pale, silvery moon.
Lunarians are fun and being friends with Sagume is also fun :3

In terms of writing, this is probably also arranged from easiest to hardest (There is progressively less information [and fan content] surrounding each choice).

I will regret this choice, won't I...?
[x] The pure-white, almost featureless path that went straight as an arrow, but twisted upside-down as it flew directly towards a pale, silvery moon.
Delete Post
Report Post
Woo, we are back to character select. Excited to see where it leads. For my vote...

[X] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.

This seems like an obvious nod to the IN incident. Eientei don't seem that bad, especially as allies. Having the Hourai nearby may help in some way.

{X} Look for a Genji equivalent when we wake up.

Plushie.
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171169706949.jpg - (100.91KB, 850x638, __kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_shirosato__sampl.jpg)
__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_shirosato__sampl
>>206020
>First vote in the thread
>>206021
>Already anons' second-guessing themselves
>Deletes it again only a second later
Oh, this is gonna be fun.

But it's also helpful because it reminded me of something I forgot to include. Just cos it's a new thread (and I'll be framing it as a new jumping on point on Ao3), if you make a vote and end up second-guessing it, please check out the vote-changing rules posted in the last thread: >>205842

These just make it as easy as possible for me to count votes.

I'll also say your assessment of difficulty is wrong. These are not arranged in order of difficulty. I'd say there's definitely an odd one out in terms of 'difficulty', but my ordering of them isn't based on that.
Delete Post
Report Post
As >>206020:

>>206023
You saw nothing :(
I was just stating (in a very weird way) that it could've been a coincidence (without actually stating that it probably was such...), but it's good to know that the choices aren't progressively more difficult in terms of writing.
Although...
>>I'd say there's definitely an odd one out in terms of 'difficulty'...
Could I statistically deduce the characters based on the difficulty of the choices through this hint...? For example, through this statement, I could easily state that the choices in terms of difficulty is listed in the order of 1,3,2 or 2,1,3 or 2,3,1 or 3,1,2 and not 1,2,3 or 3,2,1. And that...
Nah, I'm gonna sleep. Thank you for continuing to write this story, Gooboi.

>>206022
Plushie seems tempting...
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] The misty path that swooped under a red moon, dyed a bloody crimson by it's companion's ethereal light.

KoAkyuuma!

{X} Look for a Genji equivalent when we wake up.

Plushie!!
Delete Post
Report Post
My goodness, the thread is already talking about getting another plushie. Our capacity for cuteness has clearly reached the “out of control” stage.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] The misty path that swooped under a red moon, dyed a bloody crimson by its companion's ethereal light.
If we become KoAkyuuma, we may start in the SDM, which would give us access to the library.
{X} Do not find a Plushie, not yet at least
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206024
If there's an 'odd one out', doesn't that mean it's more like 1, 3, 1 or 3, 1, 3?
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] The path pulsing with with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple, and... ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to earth in a bamboo thicket.

i'm a simple person, i see any connection to eientei, i click.

in all seriousness, though, it'd be nice to see the hourai immortals again. as interesting as seeing the lunar capital would be, i'd also like to see gensokyo proper again.
Delete Post
Report Post
Let’s get dangerous.

[x] The pure-white, almost featureless path that went straight as an arrow, but twisted upside-down as it flew directly towards a pale, silvery moon.
Delete Post
Report Post
Sdm is overrated, and I'm not particularly a fan of the lunarians so...
[X] The path pulsing with with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple, and... ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to earth in a bamboo thicket.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.

Being Reisen's (possible) friend sounds like a nice idea
Delete Post
Report Post
Alright, let's consider this from Akyuu's POV:
From the SDM, we could be either: Gatekeeper's kid, summoned demon, magician's kid, maid's kid, or vampire's... sister.
Immediate benefits: Start out where we want to be, don't need to wait for our incident, connections to Yuuma repellent (just in case she comes back for round 2).

From Eintei, we're probably either Lunarian, Moon Rabbit, Earth Rabbit, or some kind of long-term care patient.
Immediate benefits: They survived the vague apocalypse, some Lunarian tech, starting in Gensokyo, access to medicine if we're reincarnated sickly.

From the Moon: Moon Rabbit, God(?), Amanojaku, or maybe Fairy invader if we're being given a curveball.
Immediate benefits: The Moon. We'd be starting in the land of high power, with a lot of connections to movers and shakers.

I think we can definitely cut off the moon - it's just a little bit far away, and considering Lunarians are above life and death I can't imagine we would get to be one, which means no authority to go somewhere.

Between the other two, I have no preference for either, so I just flipped a coin.
[X] The misty path that swooped under a red moon, dyed a bloody crimson by its companion's ethereal light.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.

I like this choice the most in my opinion.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.

It was the efforts of the Eientei Group + Keine that made their time travel possible in the first place, so they're likely the most easy to convince if they were told of the events of future-past. Also, I'm just curious of what Eirin did to Keine back at the 1st thread. Like, did she turn Keine into a Hourai immortal, or did she do something else?

>>Keine gave a weak smile. “Four people, I believe, not counting myself. And I probably shouldn’t count. The only reason I’m in half the state I am now is because of Eirin.” She sighed. “And we don’t think Yukari would work either.”
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] The pure-white, almost featureless path that went straight as an arrow, but twisted upside-down as it flew directly towards a pale, silvery moon.

Lunarians are superior beings. Why would you settle for less?
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] The pure-white, almost featureless path that went straight as an arrow, but twisted upside-down as it flew directly towards a pale, silvery moon.

Hard mode (?) is a go
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] The misty path that swooped under a red moon, dyed a bloody crimson by its companion's ethereal light.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.

SDM most likely gets us into the action quickest, but besides Remilia and maybe Patchouli, they aren't exactly often listened to, and even Remilia isn't too credible.
If option 3 is Lunarian, that means Akyuu is likely to be out of comission for a long time.
Eientei is once again, likely not going to come into play for a while, but being within close contact of the Hourai Immortals will be a major help.

Akyuu Inaba it is then
Delete Post
Report Post
[x] The pure-white, almost featureless path that went straight as an arrow, but twisted upside-down as it flew directly towards a pale, silvery moon.

I feel like this is Amanojaku and I think that this would be a really cool one for Akyuu. Alternatively I can see this being Sagume's child, and One-Winged Akyuu sound like an awesome alternative.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.

The only thought that makes me dislike the SDM option is being in a position of servitude to them. They're the first on a long list of incident perps to stomp. I'm not worried about the Eternal Night incident yet.

Being a Lunarian is - uh - very no.
Delete Post
Report Post
I think the way to look at this is “what can Akyuu use in each case to contact the others”?

Because that’s clearly going to be the end goal, right? Akyuu’s gotta be able to find some way to contact the other girls so their stories can start.

For the bloody moon, assuming it’s gonna be the SDM, it’d have to be one of Patchouli’s spells, right?

For the blue moon, if that’s Eientei, it’s either Lunarians tech… or Reisen, maybe? Some sort of moon rabbit/psychic pulse?

If it’s the silver moon… again, Lunarian tech is possible. But it could also be the Dream World. But I’m super certain that reversed path thing means we’re looking at Hieda no Amanojaku, either an outright one or Sagume’s daughter.

Actually, on that front… there’s one odd one out in difficulty, right? One is Eientei Akyuu, probably an Inaba, and that feels… pretty easy? Easy access to Gensokyo proper and Lunarian tech. And then we have a moon-based Amanojaku, which would be definitely hard for a LOT of reasons.

So… perhaps the first option is Vampire, then? Vampires have a lot of power, but a lot of weaknesses… and some traits that’d be hell on poor Akyuu to deal with… that could be very easy, or very hard.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] The misty path that swooped under a red moon, dyed a bloody crimson by its companion's ethereal light.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206017
[X] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.
>waves of energy
Udonge? Akyuu Inaba time?
Delete Post
Report Post
Lettt's not do the SDM this time around. Eientei it is.

[X] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.
Delete Post
Report Post
I asked my pillow and it said:

[X] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.

3rd option is fine too, just not anything SDM related.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.

What's up with the distaste for SDM, anyway? Is it just that it's overrated?
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206047
IMO, it's not really that they're overrated, just that the characters are overused. The SDM were the first non-PC-98 antagonists, and Sakuya is a recurring protagonist. Flandre and Sakuya both have very well-known themes (even considering Flandre only had one major appearance in the entire series until recently) which also adds to both of their popularity. There's much content for this one group of characters and comparatively so little content for other groups, such as Eientei, Myouren Temple or the Taoists; which leads to something I can only describe as "character burnout".

I'm not saying that they're bad characters or that I want everyone to not like them as much, but I do want to see more content that involves other characters.
Delete Post
Report Post
[x] The misty path that swooped under a red moon, dyed a bloody crimson by it's companion's ethereal light.
SDM! SDM!
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.

bnuuy
Delete Post
Report Post
Im gonna give my opinion on the options available i what i think will be the best choice.
>The misty path that swooped under a red moon, dyed a bloody crimson by it's companion's ethereal light.
Akyuu will find herself as in the SDM and while that will lets us know about more of how gensokyo is because of the effects of the Immaterial Children incident, i feel is not the best choice, since she will be the daughter of one of the residents of the SDM those possible candidates are Remi(vampire),Patchi(magician) and Koa(devil).

>The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.
This option sets us also in gensokyo a very good and important for Akyuu, but also gets us with very good individual who can help, Eirin.
The possible mothers for Akyuu are Kaguya(lunarian),Tewi(earth rabbit) and Reisen(moon rabbit). i dont see Erin being a possible mom.

>The pure-white, almost featureless path that went straight as an arrow, but twisted upside-down as it flew directly towards a pale, silvery moon.
The worse choice in my opinion, because she will find herself stuck on the moon.

my vote is
[X] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206047

For me it's like >>206049 said. They're a good cast, but overused.
Delete Post
Report Post
[x] The pure-white, almost featureless path that went straight as an arrow, but twisted upside-down as it flew directly towards a pale, silvery moon.
Delete Post
Report Post
[x] The pure-white, almost featureless path that went straight as an arrow, but twisted upside-down as it flew directly towards a pale, silvery moon.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206050
ok it's a fight between two other votes then
time to use a vote properly

[UNDO] The misty path that swooped under a red moon, dyed a bloody crimson by it's companion's ethereal light.
[x] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171174792896.png - (1.57MB, 1627x1630, Awakening.png)
Awakening
“Me? I’m the Wonderful Shrine Maiden of Paradise. And you’re just the first in a long list of youkai that will learn the hard way not to mess with me.”

Sorry to interrupt the voting, I'm not counting but it does seem close between 2 and 3, let's see what happens
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171174939158.png - (471.30KB, 735x535, Screenshot 2024-03-30 085409.png)
Screenshot 2024-03-30 085409
option 2 currently appears to be in the lead, but option 1 is not so far behind as people seem to think.
We actually have a whopping 28 votes for what Akyuu is going to be!
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206057
This art makes me wonder how Yuuma felt seeing this. I'd be scared shitless.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.

Lets go for the bun Akyuu, especially since its the path where we will most likely learn about the current state of Gensokyo.
Delete Post
Report Post
Jeez, each choice is more cryptic and haunting than the last… and even more so than before.

It may be foolhardy indeed to leave my choice to fate, but the die says [X] The misty path that swooped under a red moon, dyed a bloody crimson by its companion's ethereal light.

Let us take our first step into the unknown while the flame of hope is still strong!
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] The misty path that swooped under a red moon, dyed a bloody crimson by it's companion's ethereal light.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] The misty path that swooped under a red moon, dyed a bloody crimson by it's companion's ethereal light.

Assuming this is the SDM I am curious what holds up Akyuu in this one as unlike what we seem to be assuming are the other two choices (Eintei and the moon.) There isn't an immediate guess on why Akyuu can't contact Eiki.

Also on the regarding Reimu's story. What happened to Driver and Guardian? I have the assumption that Yuuma ate them between the sewer escape and the boss fight. If so hopefully they can recover quickly after freed?
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.
Delete Post
Report Post
Oh god we're actually doing the SDM aren't we.
Delete Post
Report Post
As of this point:
9 votes for the 1st option.
18 votes for the 2nd option.
7 votes for the 3rd option.

You're free to recount if you think I got the vote totals wrong.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206066 again:
Of course I got the votes wrong...
It's actually 8 votes for the 1st option due to >>206056.
Apologies.
Delete Post
Report Post
[x] The misty path that swooped under a red moon, dyed a bloody crimson by it's companion's ethereal light.

Milking that super dead SDM cow-horse-carcass-thing for all it's worth.

No matter what, Akyuu will be in the vicinity of some kind of noble who's relocated (or attempted to). The initial solidarity is inevitable!
Face your dark reflection, Agatha Chris Q!!
Delete Post
Report Post
[x] The pure-white, almost featureless path that went straight as an arrow, but twisted upside-down as it flew directly towards a pale, silvery moon.

Seems the most interesting.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206044
[UNDO] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.
[X] The pure-white, almost featureless path that went straight as an arrow, but twisted upside-down as it flew directly towards a pale, silvery moon.
Fuck it, moon time.
Delete Post
Report Post
[x] The pure-white, almost featureless path that went straight as an arrow, but twisted upside-down as it flew directly towards a pale, silvery moon.
Delete Post
Report Post
Updating Vote Tallies...
9 votes for the 1st option.
17 votes for the 2nd option.
10 votes for the 3rd option.
This equates to 36 people voting (which might be the record for a single choice in THP?).
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171178824424.png - (99.41KB, 308x265, Screenshot 2024-03-30 193357.png)
Screenshot 2024-03-30 193357
>>206072

I'd say record for this year for sure. No idea if it's the record for all time.

No guarantees they'll stay at that pace, but between that and the bants, we're genuinely looking at like... five updates a thread. That is insanity.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206072
>>206073
Benefits of regular update schedule and the crossposting to AO3 attracting a wider audience, is my best guess.

But yeah, wow, at this scale you can't even call it possible foul play. People just genuinely really enjoy it and want to vote.

I say it's just a natural consequence of being such a great writer and offering such good choices that there's no best option.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206074
It helps that it's got a really strong hook. For a long time, a lot of THP fics were just 'uhh, there's a guy, and he ends up in Gensokyo... And stuff happens...' And by the time people started to feel out more unique premises, the site was already close to dead. But this is a story that has a very specific focus that not many touhou stories tangle with, and crossposting it has helped a lot.

The guy is an excellent writer, though. It's just that plenty of THP stories have had excellent writers and still not gotten much activity, so I don't think that's THE cause. He's managed to get the perfect storm of timing, pacing, options, and general interest to bring people back in.

So, you know, excellent job, Gooboi.
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 17118106153.png - (198.55KB, 500x600, __hieda_no_akyuu_touhou_drawn_by_216__49194941043b.png)
__hieda_no_akyuu_touhou_drawn_by_216__49194941043b
[9] The misty path that swooped under a red moon, dyed a bloody crimson by the moon’s ethereal light.
[17] The path pulsing with waves of energy that curved around a dark, purple and… ever-so-slightly fake-seeming moon, coming back to the earth in a bamboo thicket.
[10] The pure-white, almost featureless path that went straight as an arrow, but twisted upside-down as it flew directly towards a pale, silvery moon.

All three paths… seemed interesting.

The left path, the red and misty one, brought to mind the vampires of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. And the romantic in her was… very sorely tempted by the prospect. Vampires just had that certain air to them. A mystique, and one that was very, very tempting to enjoy. But… the issue was that she’d be wishing to be a vampire. She’d have to feast on human blood to survive, and give up spending a day in the sun again, and that was… not a pleasant thought.

Not to mention, the chronicler in her wasn’t especially thrilled by the prospect. The vampires were… many things, but poorly documented wasn’t one of them. There were few secrets to be pulled from the vampires that she hadn’t retrieved in her past life. No… if she wanted to take some of the experiences of this life into the Gensou Chronicle, she’d need something more… unique, for lack of a better word.

Then the middle path, the inverted one. That would have her be… a lunarian, most likely? Well, that certainly fit her originality quota; she’d never been to the moon, for starters, and much of their world was an enigma to her. Perhaps they’d have access to invaluable technology or magic. But that inversion… something about it worried her. It was one of the very few details that path even had, and it suggested… reversal? …Ame-no-Sagume?

…No, that would be a disaster. If she was somehow related to her, then… she’d be an amanojaku of some sorts, wouldn’t she? She could be seen as crying wolf even by default. And that was the lucky option - the worst option would be watching her tongue for the rest of her life, in case she caused trouble merely by speaking. Not to mention that path didn’t seem to leave the moon… maybe it’d be difficult for her to do so.

So, the right path must be, well, right in more senses than mere direction. It was the hardest to guess from her own reference, but it really couldn't be much worse than the other options, and it seemed like it'd get her right into Gensokyo. Not knowing for certain what that path held just meant she'd probably still get something new to chronicle, as well. She nodded to herself, satisfied at her logic, and turned to move towards that path.

…interestingly, as she came towards it, she found her feet touching the ground properly, rather than just floating. Ah well. She’d just have to walk the rest of the way.

With each step, there was another pulse of energy along the pathway. Akyuu marveled at the strange, ethereal energy, wondering what the pulse signified. There were other pulses, too; much larger, heavier ones, that she felt buzz through her head.

+++++++

She groaned, clutching at her head, but kept walking. Another pulse came through, and she braced herself for the worst.

++sight++drill++

She blinked as the buzz began to fade away again. …That pulse had come with words in it, hadn’t it? She kept walking, having to step a little more awkwardly as the tiles that made up the pathway began to get more scattered.

+Repeat that++?+

++++target in +++, pre++ing to++

++Ack++ledged, E+++++vi. Your shot ++ clear, fire +++ ready.++


She… she didn’t exactly hear the words, reaching up to check if her ears were working right. Nor was it like the spirit-speech her friends had shared, it was more like the words were appearing directly in- where the hell were her ears? Her hands traced up, higher on her head, eventually finding a pair of ears near the top of her head. Or at least, she assumed that was what they were, not like she could check.

Er. It turned out she could check, if they were long and floppy enough. They were covered in white-fur, with a slight squishiness to them. …Rabbit ears, obviously. The next gap in the path required a half-jump to cross, and she had to flap her arms to keep her balance on the far side..

++go here, quick sitrep for everyone; avoid Lady Yori+++ this morning. She woke up with a stick up her +++ and she’s on the warpath.+

+Ten-four. …You +++ figuratively, right?+

+No, actually. She fell out of bed and landed +++ bonsai, ap+rently. …While you’re at it, avoid Lady Toyohi+ tonight. She doesn’t know her +++++++ ruined yet.+

+Damnit Rin++, I nearly choked on my car++t and now Lady Sa++me’s looking at me like I forgot how eating works.+

+You serious? I got drills with Yo++hime after breakfast… S++t, and I’ve got +yohime’s guard duty tonight!+

+Your sacrifice will be remembered, +++ran.+

The gaps in the messages… in the transmissions was getting smaller and smaller, clearer and clearer. Inversely, the gaps in the path were only getting more and more treacherous… but Akyuu was still moving through them easily. Jumping - hopping - from gap to gap.

+How do the new recruits look?+

+They’re the usual greenies. Bright eyes, bushy tails. One of them stood out, though.+

+The one with purple hair? Yeah, she looked like she was gonna ++ herself.+


+I can hear you, you know.+ Akyuu replied curtly, before the multiple ways that her response was a folly struck her. …Telepathy, huh? That could be very, VERY useful. Maybe she could try to contact her friends directly with psychic messages. Oooh, or maybe she could read minds?

When she came to a larger outcropping of what once had been a path, this part close over the moon, she looked over herself more fully. She was much, much younger now, very much a child, dressed in little more than a skirt and a white button up. As she came to a rest, one of her ears flopped over her eye, and she did her best to brush it back. Did she have a tail now? …She did, and it did feel appropriately bushy. Squeezing it felt weird.

She started to walk, more easily, across the remainder of the path. It would be smooth sailing from here, of that she was sure, she just needed to get to Earth-

As if sensing her momentary relief, the path crumbled beneath her feet. She desperately tried to jump away again, but rather than pushing her up, it sent her footing spiraling into the depths. She was falling, all the way down to the moon, and- and there was nothing she could do to stop it. She desperately tried to do something, anything to stop it, but there was nothing, she was falling, she was gonna die, she was gonna-



Akyuu hit the floor hard. At once, she was at her feet, scrambling to get her bearings even as her head pulsed. She found a crate and threw herself behind it, tossing the box into a side-standing position for cover. It took a few moments for the darkness to come into focus, for the shadowy shapes to distinguish themselves, but they seemed familiar… oh.

God earth it.

She sighed, getting up and back onto her bed again. Every time, every time she had the dream of her reincarnation, she’d fall out of her bunker and bounce her head off the floor. At least she didn’t chip a tooth this time. She groaned, stretching some stiffness out of her body.

There was a matching groan from the far side of the room.

+Akyuu?+

She fired a message back. +Just… the usual. Sorry, Seiran.+ The other rabbit didn’t reply with more than a third and final groan, only moving slightly. Akyuu did her best to quickly, and quietly, pull her footlocker back in order, so that the other rabbit could sleep.

Then, she checked the clock in the room. Thirty-four minutes to go-time, and four before she intended to wake. Maybe some part of her wanted to make sure she was bright and alert, nice and early, in which case she needed to have some strong words with her subconscious when next she met them. Still, there was some value in the impromptu awakening.

After all, she didn’t want to be late to her own desertion.

Akyuu’s first memories of her second life were of… being carefully lifted from a vat, which was not at all what she had expected. It turned out that while moon rabbits could still breed the traditional way, doing so tended to produce far, far more rabbits than was actually sustainable. So breeding the traditional way required a license and proof of exceptional service from the parents, and the vast majority of them were not born from mothers; instead, they were genetically modified, using base templates of known successful rabbits with some variety coded in for potential beneficial enhancements. Officially, it was forbidden to discuss whether or not you shared gene-warrens, but the rabbits inevitably noticed patterns in build, faces, and hair colors, and happily sought out their brothers and sisters… and Akyuu found herself, again, wondering about her own.

Akyuu had been conscious of the world around her since her second birth, and thus had overheard conversations most would assume she’d be too young to understand. Her gene-warren was a bit of a special, experimental case; she was only the second attempt of her breed, after the first had gone AWOL. She somehow doubted that they would try a third time, so the only relative she had or would have was one sister, who she might never meet. Great. She could only hope that her forebear’s reputation wouldn’t give her increased scrutiny.

When she was sure Seiran was sleeping again, she got up, ever-so-quietly. She’d learnt to move without making a sound; she’d been trained in this body like a soldier, and had been brought up to Yorihime’s exacting standards. She doubted she’d beat Reimu in a fight, but the Miko would be shocked to see how well Akyuu could fight back, she was sure.

Instinct set to 2.

And she’d need that skill, to get away from the moon, and to someone who’d believe her. Oh, the Watatsuki sisters fully understood she had perfect memory, and her telepathy combined with that perfect memory in amazing ways, but… it was just assumed to be vivid dreams and delusions. Her older sister supposedly could manipulate insanity; it was concluded her future sight was some unfortunate backfire. Another reason why Akyuu’s sibling count was likely to stay at 1.

It didn’t help that her memories were of Gensokyo, and not of the Lunar Capital. So it was rather hard to prove that she was seeing the future when nobody actually knew anything about what was happening there. She couldn’t even say with confidence that the Capital would suffer the same effects.

She needed to get to Gensokyo, and as soon as possible. The next incident to happen would be the Scarlet Mist Incident; after that, it’d be pretty spotty. The Spring Snow incident was missing one of its key players, she still had no idea what caused the Eternal Night Incident, and the Sixty Years incident wasn’t exactly a prediction that’d impress anyone.

The Scarlet Devil's trickery, however, was hopefully untampered with; the impetuous actions of a fresh outsider. She’d just have to hope that none of her friends had somehow managed to bump that incident’s schedule up. If everything went to plan, she’d have some time to get the attention of someone important before it came into play, and she could figure things out from there.

One last time, she went over her carefully assembled equipment. Everything she needed was in here, with one exception that she’d deliberately left out to avoid drawing suspicion..

Her weapon.

[ ] Surprising everyone, not least of all herself, she’d gravitated to a hammer, like Seiran had. What danmaku she’d learned was slow and powerful, coming from behind her with devastating force.
[ ] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

{ } …She’d be glad to get back to the human village. She was a scribe, not a soldier, and she’d spent far too many days gross and sweaty running the same earthed drills. (Sets Spirit to Human-2)
{ } Her lunar rabbit abilities could help her protect the world, and there was no guarantee anyone else would be able to fight, so she’d honed them out of necessity. They were a means to an end - nothing less, but nothing more. <span class="dec italic">(Sets Spirit to Neutral)

{ } She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming. (Sets Spirit to Youkai-2)</span>
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

{X} Her lunar rabbit abilities could help her protect the world, and there was no guarantee anyone else would be able to fight, so she’d honed them out of necessity. They were a means to an end - nothing less, but nothing more. (Sets Spirit to Neutral)

Violently versatile and ruthlessly pragmatic. This is how we will restore the cosmic axes.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

Sniper Akyuu.

{X} …She’d be glad to get back to the human village. She was a scribe, not a soldier, and she’d spent far too many days gross and sweaty running the same earthed drills. (Sets Spirit to Human-2)

From a meta perspective, Akyuu is the character that most needs to lean towards humanity. The chronicle is for them, so she has maintain a positive attitude towards them. That said, if someone can figure at a way to combine the first and third options, I’d vote for that. Both ring true to me.


Not on the topic of votes, I wonder why she doesn’t seem to realize Reisen is her sister?
Delete Post
Report Post
I've always been curious to see how their goofy megaphone-shaped guns work.

[X] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

Thread 1 had this:
>>Akyuu was up next. I suppose I have to agree… nothing else will work if I don’t join these two meatheads. She gave a slight bit of nervous mirth. And hey, a youkai body will probably last a lot longer than mine will. Might end up staying that way.

So this option seems more in character. I also think it would be more interesting to choose Spirit options other than Neutral which we already did with Reimu.

{X} She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming. (Sets Spirit to Youkai-2)
Delete Post
Report Post
[x] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

As for spirit...
{x} She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming. (Sets Spirit to Youkai-2)

Seems interesting...
Delete Post
Report Post
[x] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

{X} She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming. (Sets Spirit to Youkai-2)

Out of all the characters, Akyuu has the most to gain from being a youkai. A long, full life, not being sickly, maybe even getting to participate in history rather than just watching it? She should take to this like a moon rabbit to the earth!

Also, has she seriously not figured out her sister is Reisen?
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.
For her neutral special, Akyuu wields a gun.

{X} …She’d be glad to get back to the human village. She was a scribe, not a soldier, and she’d spent far too many days gross and sweaty running the same earthed drills. (Sets Spirit to Human-2)
Humanity is aligned with our memories, which are our most important duty at the moment. We can enjoy a better lifespan once we've actually gotten the band back together.
Besides, Akyuu has multiple lifetime's worth of memories of humanity, they'll outweigh one lifetime of lunacy.
Delete Post
Report Post
[x] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

{X} She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming. (Sets Spirit to Youkai-2)

though even though I do vote it, what would be our downsides to high instinct and Spirit here? I'm guessing that Akuu would probably freak out around Kagerou. higher spirit would probably be focused on purity? though her now sister, and her (seems like.) good friend Seiran.

as for why she's not noticing that Reisen is who her sister is, it seems like from her comments about not knowing what caused the eternal night incident that she seems to have never been able to pick up a lot of information of Eintei. (she in Perfect Momento seems to be unaware that Erien and Kaguya are Lunarian at all soooo,) she might not actually have a good connection to piece that together for the moment?
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Surprising everyone, not least of all herself, she’d gravitated to a hammer, like Seiran had. What danmaku she’d learned was slow and powerful, coming from behind her with devastating force.
{X} She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming. (Sets Spirit to Youkai-2)

Who doesn't want to be healthy?
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.
{X} …She’d be glad to get back to the human village. She was a scribe, not a soldier, and she’d spent far too many days gross and sweaty running the same earthed drills. (Sets Spirit to Human-2)

Like a lot of people here, I don't want to take the middle path this time.Although, it seens like most people are going for a Youkai leaning Akyuu which is interesting.

I figured it would make more sense to make Kosuzu the heavily Youkai leaning one. Not Akyuu. Iteresting. Gonna stick with my guns, but I don't think I'll be too dissapointed either way.

Sorry I broke the undo rule a bit. I had to delete because I didn't put the second vote on a newline. It would have probably made searching thru the votes a pain.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

I, for some reason, am of the opinion that a gun would be more practical to have than a hammer. And following the theme of practicality…

{X} Her lunar rabbit abilities could help her protect the world, and there was no guarantee anyone else would be able to fight, so she’d honed them out of necessity. They were a means to an end - nothing less, but nothing more. (Sets Spirit to Neutral)

I’d rather have a relatively even relationship with everyone, than have an optimized relationship to one side at the cost of another.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206084
[UNDO] Surprising everyone, not least of all herself, she’d gravitated to a hammer, like Seiran had. What danmaku she’d learned was slow and powerful, coming from behind her with devastating force.
[x] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

I had a brain aneurysm.
Delete Post
Report Post
[x] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

{X} She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming. (Sets Spirit to Youkai-2)

FUCK YOU EIKI BUNNYKUU IS SUPREME
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206087

Also, I find it funny that everyone here tried to avoid the moon nazis(justifiably so), and we end up with them anyway.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206090
I mean we're leaving for earth (probably towards Eientei) immediately regardless of what we choose so I mean... Still works out as long as we get away.
Delete Post
Report Post
>FUCK YOU EIKI BUNNYKUU IS SUPREME
Sigh... Fine. Might as well have fun with it. It's a landslide thus far. Could still turn around but...

FUCK THE EIKI CORE I HATE THE EIKI CORE. WE ARE GOING TO LIVE FOREVER! WOOOO!

>>206086
{UNDO} …She’d be glad to get back to the human village. She was a scribe, not a soldier, and she’d spent far too many days gross and sweaty running the same earthed drills. (Sets Spirit to Human-2)

{X} She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming. (Sets Spirit to Youkai-2)
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Surprising everyone, not least of all herself, she’d gravitated to a hammer, like Seiran had. What danmaku she’d learned was slow and powerful, coming from behind her with devastating force.
{X} She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming. (Sets Spirit to Youkai-2)

These options sound fun.
Delete Post
Report Post
(slowly puts away the "why moon rabbits in touhou are birthed artificially ala star wars clone troopers" powerpoint presentation) well glad to know someone has the same idea.

[X] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable. She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister's mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister's legacy in the lunar kingdom.

(haha funny title reference)

{X} She was so... full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she'd have to drag her kicking and screaming.

akyuu deserves a lot of things. not least of all a gun and enjoying herself. i don't think it's out of character either, since akyuu was shown to be praying for longetivity in forbidden scrollery. didn't she say she was "trying to resist fate using all of her knowledge?"

>>206078
>>206081
akyuu doesn't know much about eientei. like >>206083 mentioned, she labels kaguya and eirin as human in pmiss and she states here that she doesn't know what caused the eternal night incident. not only that, but in pmiss she doesn't mention that reisen's a lunar rabbit at all- it's likely she's under the impression reisen is an earth rabbit. even with the supposed rumors that her sister can control insanity, if she doesn't know reisen is from the moon, she's not going to jump to that conclusion right away.

funny that akyuu mentioned the possibility of one of the others messing up the incident schedule- there's a chance that her desertion and arrival might put pressure on eirin and kaguya to start the eternal night incident early.
Delete Post
Report Post
We're beyond lucky that the Lunar Veil probably won't do anything to Akyuu, by the way.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable. She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister's mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister's legacy in the lunar kingdom.

[X] She was so... full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she'd have to drag her kicking and screaming.

Akyuu deserves it, even if she ends up the troublemaker incident pacewise.

Though now that she mentions it, who is going to solve Scarlet Mist incident since Reimu is in Animal Hell and Marisa is trying to be a dragon?
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

{X} She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming. (Sets Spirit to Youkai-2)

I could absolutely see either Akyuu or her next reincarnation (Ajuu?) wanting to become a magician youkai after this purely for the longevity and health that being a youkai affords; and justifying it to herself and others as "I'll sacrifice my humanity to guard the rest of humanity" but being unable to put aside the immense power and safety she feels from being a youkai, especially after being the frail little human girl for so long.

I guess thematically we're closer to replacing SSiB's "Reisen II" right now than we are being simply inserted as "Reisen I's sister".

>>206074
>offering such good choices that there's no best option.
There is clearly a best choice, and it's whatever one that I specifically want. Every other option is bad because it's not the one I want. :^)
Delete Post
Report Post
The one person who records everything in Gensokyo for the humans should probably stay human.

[X] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.
{X} …She’d be glad to get back to the human village. She was a scribe, not a soldier, and she’d spent far too many days gross and sweaty running the same earthed drills. (Sets Spirit to Human-2)

Also I like how everyone wanted Eintei to avoid the moon and we ended up going there anyway
Delete Post
Report Post
Uh, scarlet mansion would have put us as a Scarlet family member, tough this seems an equally interesting scenario.

[x] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

And for her neutral special.......

{X} She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming. (Sets Spirit to Youkai-2)

Can't say that I know how it feels, but going from a weak body to a strong and healty one would probably be a welcome change for most people.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206296

If I had to guess I would say the village nurse Rin Satsuki, probably with her best buddy the Cop Princess Kotohime...

on that slightly related note... depending on how things turned out without Reimu and Marisa there during the PC-98 events... Mima could actually be the Hakurei shrine deity right now...
Delete Post
Report Post
[x] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.
{x} …She’d be glad to get back to the human village. She was a scribe, not a soldier, and she’d spent far too many days gross and sweaty running the same earthed drills. (Sets Spirit to Human-2)
Gentlemen, consider: human supremacy. You don't write a chronicle of how many years for a hobby.
Delete Post
Report Post
I like how the reincarnation was handled here. Explains why the moon rabbits' population hasn't exploded, and Akyuu ends up with less siblings than one would expect from rabbits lol

Also, Akyuu deserting? Seems the bio-engineered apple never falls far from the genetically modified tree ^_^

[X] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

Long range all the way.

{X} Her lunar rabbit abilities could help her protect the world, and there was no guarantee anyone else would be able to fight, so she’d honed them out of necessity. They were a means to an end - nothing less, but nothing more. (Sets Spirit to Neutral)

I can't decide if human or youkai-leaning Akyuu is the best for the story, so I'll go with neutral.
Delete Post
Report Post
[x] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

{X} She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming. (Sets Spirit to Youkai-2)
Delete Post
Report Post
[x] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

{x} Her lunar rabbit abilities could help her protect the world, and there was no guarantee anyone else would be able to fight, so she’d honed them out of necessity. They were a means to an end - nothing less, but nothing more.
Delete Post
Report Post
Well, we still ended up on the moon. As a moon rabbit. Nice to know that this thread is gonna be us trying to escape. Unfortunately, the moon ain't the kindest to deserters. For weapons...

[X] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

Bnnuy gun. Small, fast, long range, and still has enough power to take a rabbit. We ain't fighting the higher ups, that's a death wish. As for our opinion on our powers...

{X} She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming. (Sets Spirit to Youkai-2)

The Child of Miare's fate is a cruel one. Dying before an age where the world opens up is a horrible feeling. She should get one life where she can assure herself her body won't give up on her. Lastly...a few things

(X) Do we have a plushie equivalent to bring with us?

p l u s h i e

(X) Do we even know how to cast spell cards? Or are our altercations gonna be more lethal than we like?

Does Akyuu know how to use danmaku? I never read the side content so...
Delete Post
Report Post
What’s better…? Smashing peoples faces in, or sick gunplay?

[X] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

{X} Her lunar rabbit abilities could help her protect the world, and there was no guarantee anyone else would be able to fight, so she’d honed them out of necessity. They were a means to an end - nothing less, but nothing more.

Be the action hero Gensokyo needs and deserves, Akyuu.
Delete Post
Report Post
[x] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

{X} She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming. (Sets Spirit to Youkai-2)

(X) Do we have a plushie equivalent to bring with us?
Delete Post
Report Post
Counting from >>206107:
Weapon Choice:
[1] Surprising everyone, not least of all herself, she’d gravitated to a hammer, like Seiran had. What danmaku she’d learned was slow and powerful, coming from behind her with devastating force.
[23] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable. She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

Spirit Choice:
{4} …She’d be glad to get back to the human village. She was a scribe, not a soldier, and she’d spent far too many days gross and sweaty running the same earthed drills. (Sets Spirit to Human-2)
{5} Her lunar rabbit abilities could help her protect the world, and there was no guarantee anyone else would be able to fight, so she’d honed them out of necessity. They were a means to an end - nothing less, but nothing more. (Sets Spirit to Neutral)
{15} She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming. (Sets Spirit to Youkai-2)
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

{X} She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206108 again:
It's counting to >>206107.
Zzz...
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Surprising everyone, not least of all herself, she’d gravitated to a hammer, like Seiran had. What danmaku she’d learned was slow and powerful, coming from behind her with devastating force.
{X} She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming. (Sets Spirit to Youkai-2)

Fuck it, we ball
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.
{X} She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming. (Sets Spirit to Youkai-2)
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206105
afaik no, akyuu didn't know how to use danmaku as a human. too frail for that, i suppose.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206105
>>206113

iirc danmaku is not something regular humans can do, so both Akyuu and Kosuzu can't use danmaku in regular circumstances.
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171185911136.png - (28.39KB, 665x1033, HappyEaster.png)
HappyEaster
By the way, happy Easter if you celebrate it.

Have an Easter bnuuy Akyuu!
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171186055354.jpg - (612.88KB, 600x800, __kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_ys_fall__220c49d.jpg)
__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_ys_fall__220c49d
>>206105 >>206113 >>206114

Confirming, Akyuu doesn't know how to do spell cards as a human. As a result, any danmaku she's learning will be new to her, at least. Perhaps some people have noticed some connections between the weapon choice and certain shot types.

>>206108
Thanks for these tallies. Thanks to everyone following the rules, it's much easier to keep track of now, but people are genuinely getting confused about how the vote's going at times. Probably the funniest sign of how crazy enthusiastic everyone is is people going "option c got three votes, it's a guaranteed win". Partially because there's so many votes that it's hard to keep count even regardless.

Just for context, more people voted for Inabakyuu than voted for any two options for Reimu's equivalent choice.

>>206115
...we were literally discussing the design like two hours ago. Less, even.

For all the talk hyping me up earlier in the thread, Kosuka's work is another massive reason for this thread's success and I refuse to take any suggestions otherwise. It both helps everyone, myself included, visualise the characters in their altered states, and it inspires me to keep up the pace. So thanks once again to him.













:3c
>>/shorts/2804
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206116
Thanks for your kind words, but I can't take any credit for anything. Sure, I help visualize things, but all the credit goes to the quality of your writing.
Your story inspired me try to improve myself as an artist, so if I inspire you to keep writing, I'm happy with that alone.
Delete Post
Report Post
{X} …She’d be glad to get back to the human village. She was a scribe, not a soldier, and she’d spent far too many days gross and sweaty running the same earthed drills. (Sets Spirit to Human-2)
Delete Post
Report Post
Updating Vote Tallies...
Weapon Choice:
[2] Surprising everyone, not least of all herself, she’d gravitated to a hammer, like Seiran had. What danmaku she’d learned was slow and powerful, coming from behind her with devastating force.
[25] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable. She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

Spirit Choice:
{5} …She’d be glad to get back to the human village. She was a scribe, not a soldier, and she’d spent far too many days gross and sweaty running the same earthed drills. (Sets Spirit to Human-2)
{5} Her lunar rabbit abilities could help her protect the world, and there was no guarantee anyone else would be able to fight, so she’d honed them out of necessity. They were a means to an end - nothing less, but nothing more. (Sets Spirit to Neutral)
{18} She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming. (Sets Spirit to Youkai-2)

>>206116
You shouldn't thank me, thank yourself for creating a good story so far.
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171191395475.png - (577.66KB, 1295x1723, Akyuu.png)
Akyuu
"Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable. She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery"

Since it's winning by a landslide, might as well.
Delete Post
Report Post
Just read chapter 2 on AO3 and saw that Sagumom was indeed an option, and that my wish of One Winged Akyuu will never see the light of day, andmMy pipe dream of the final boss fight with Akyuu casting Supernova forever burried. Oh well, bnuuy Akyuu is a good alternative, and so is her having a gun, so...

[x] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable.She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

{x} Her lunar rabbit abilities could help her protect the world, and there was no guarantee anyone else would be able to fight, so she’d honed them out of necessity. They were a means to an end - nothing less, but nothing more.(Sets Spirit to Neutral)
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171193168517.jpg - (34.05KB, 689x567, __hieda_no_akyuu_touhou_drawn_by_oshouyu_tabetai__.jpg)
__hieda_no_akyuu_touhou_drawn_by_oshouyu_tabetai__
[2] Surprising everyone, not least of all herself, she’d gravitated to a hammer, like Seiran had. What danmaku she’d learned was slow and powerful, coming from behind her with devastating force.
[26] Her Lunatic Gun was her old reliable. She had been trained to use it, in homage to her sister’s mastery; the techniques that Akyuu had learned were all that remained of her sister’s legacy in the lunar kingdom.

{5} …She’d be glad to get back to the human village. She was a scribe, not a soldier, and she’d spent far too many days gross and sweaty running the same earthed drills. (Sets Spirit to Human-2)
{6} Her lunar rabbit abilities could help her protect the world, and there was no guarantee anyone else would be able to fight, so she’d honed them out of necessity. They were a means to an end - nothing less, but nothing more. (Sets Spirit to Neutral)
{18} She was so… full of life like this. Hale and hearty, quick and limber, nothing like her last, frail self. If Eiki wanted her to reincarnate as a human again next time, just to die before the end of her third decade, she’d have to drag her kicking and screaming.

She picked up the Lunatic Gun. It was styled after a megaphone, a weapon given to gene-warrens that were more psychically adept. And Akyuu definitely qualified, after a certain fashion. She didn’t have the best raw attack power, but the psychic effects she could induce were vivid, perfect recreations from her memory. She rarely truly outfought her opponents, but she could disorient them, make them think they were suddenly somewhere else, and it wasn’t too hard to finish the fight from there. After quietly checking the pieces were all in order, She placed the Lunatic Gun in her pack, leaving it unloaded for now - no Moon Rabbit would sleep through the sound of a gun being primed - and hefted the pack onto her bed.

Right, that was another thing. As she was getting dressed out of her sleepwear, it was a good time to take stock of how her body had developed. She was psychically strong for a rabbit, but that didn’t mean she was physically weak; at least compared to a human. When she’d been the same age as a human, she’d been nearly a head shorter than she was now - promising good tidings for her future figure. And this body was athletic and flexible - she could run faster than even most adult humans, to say nothing of those her own age.

As much as she hated the various tasks and duties associated with being a Lunar Rabbit, that didn’t mean she hated being one. In fact, she’d find it hard to go back to a normal human body compared to the body she had now.

...Eiki was gonna have her head for even thinking that, wasn't she?

Spirit set to Youkai-2.

She took a moment to inspect her kit. It was largely pragmatic stuff; a few pieces of convenient, easy to carry Lunarian tech, two sets of casual-enough clothes to get by on the surface, and a few things she’d written down when planning out her escape route. There wasn’t any room for anything overly frivolous - and though she might look like a child, she was essentially an adult in a child’s body. She didn’t have any need for kids' toys.

…Would her friends, now that they were reincarnated as kids again? …Maybe Kosuzu, but surely none of the others. Definitely. Definitely.

She pulled out a small note, and left it on her bed. An apology for Seiran and the rest of Eagle Ravi to find later. Hoisting her pack onto her back, she opened up the door - already oiled up to absolutely minimize the chance of squeaking - and stepped out.



Perfect memory was a powerful tool, and Akyuu had only sharpened her skills further with her second life. She had walked the nighttime patrol routes in the day, and knew to a precision point where all the blind spots were. She’d also picked a day when the rabbits patrolling were largely the unmotivated type, who’d take corners tightly just to save a few steps to their lap or just zone out entirely when they thought no-one was watching.

Even though Akyuu was burdened, it was thus pretty easy for her to evade their lax detection. They were just base bunnies, after all - nothing compared to Eagle Ravi.

The Eagle Ravi Earth Recon Unit was… an interesting part of the Lunar Forces. To get into the expeditionary force, there were only two requirements; to be too competent to be part of the main forces, and to be too unreliable to be part of any really important position. Many of the rabbits in Eagle Ravi paired some unique skill or ability with either having some kind of mental issue (or a perceived one, in Akyuu’s case), being generally disrespectful of Lunarian authority, or being otherwise seen as high risks of defecting. The Lunarians usually gave Eagle Ravi missions with only nominal extraction plans, and outright planned to lose some rabbits to defection each time, when they weren't just straight-up suicide missions. They were the elites, but the expendable elites.

Regardless, it meant that Akyuu had no problem sneaking around most of the sleepy rabbits to get to her objective. The capital’s military HQ loomed in the distance, its already noticeable dissonance on the otherwise humble skyline being further marked by the massive cannon now attached.

About half a klick from the base itself, Akyuu finally reached her first stopping point. She slipped into a sleepy little back-street, by a gentle brook, and reached down to lift a very particular rock, grunting with the effort. The cache contained the things she’d never have been able to smuggle to her actual quarters - larger pieces of equipment and outright contraband.

And a small stash of lunar mochi and dango. Kept in a special box to keep it fresh no matter how long it took to eat them.

…Well, okay, maybe there was just a little room for something frivolous. Lunar mochi was earthed good. She’d been fond enough of Seiran and Ringo’s stalls in her past life, and she could only assume her taste buds were tuned even more to the sweet treats in this one because they were divine to her now. It wouldn’t be until the Lunar Invasion incident that she’d get to taste it again, and who knew if that’d be on schedule so far down the list? So she’d packed herself a little sweet treat for later.

She shook her head to clear her thoughts as she packed the box into her pack. She couldn’t let herself get too distracted by frivolities. There was still one part of her plan undecided - one of the reasons her schedule was as tight as it was essentially her overplanning her escape, so she could take one of two routes. She’d told herself up and down that this was for adaptability, but in truth, she’d just been trying to put a choice off as long as possible; which of the dodgy methods a single lunar rabbit could commandeer would be the one she’d use to get to earth.

The first option was to steal a Lunar Veil. A piece of magical, silvery cloth, as light as the moonlight it was woven from. It was primitive by Lunarian standards, but it was the go-to method for traveling between the moon and the earth, at least when the users were rabbits. It was a powerful tool for moving between the earth and the moon, allowing the wearer to ride moonlight itself down. The problem was that this method had a noticeable drawback; it would cause one to lose their ‘spirit’. This mainly seemed to manifest in the rabbits who used it having… blanks and gaps in their memory. Gaps that they were, strangely, not worried about at all, which freaked Akyuu out more than she’d admit. …But Akyuu still had the blessing of being the Child of Miare, so she’d be protected. Certainly. Definitely. …Probably.

…But just in case, she’d kept an ear out for other options, and eventually one had presented itself to her. The reason the massive cannon was now sticking out of HQ; the Meteor Pods. Where the Lunar Veils were a more magical method of travel, the Meteor Pods were a more… scientific method, in a very specific sense of the word. One would be loaded into a small pod not much larger than themselves, and essentially fired from the moon to the earth directly, much, much faster than nearly any other method. The pods were lined with stabilizers and shock-absorbers, which in theory meant the person inside would be protected from the effects of the pod embedding itself into the earth and ejecting its passenger to the surface. In theory, because while they’d had promising results on crash-test dummies, there had been no living volunteers yet.

The Eagle Ravi would be perfect candidates, but the propaganda around the Meteor Pods had placed a strong connection between the chance of surviving the essentially-crash-landing and one’s patriotic fervor - perhaps to pass off any misfires as faults in the victim’s character. Any individual member of Eagle Ravi had no illusions about their loyalty, and thus had done everything they could to avoid getting in. Not to mention, on the test dive one couldn’t bring their equipment, and they were expected to come back with a Veil for a health inspection, which would rather defeat the purpose for Akyuu volunteering explicitly. Not that she'd likely get the chance to, really.

Akyuu was Eagle Ravi's youngest nominal member, a relatively green cadet fresh out of training, and it was strongly hoped by essentially everyone that her delusions would resolve themselves before an actual mission came up where she'd be necessary. If anything, the presence of the young Akyuu had been a very good thing for the Eagle Ravi retention rate - the Watatsukis, who'd approved her gene-warren getting a second test, had been forced to assign her to them from her prophecies, but still had hopes she'd essentially grow out of it and could join a more trusted fold, and didn't want to get to the point where sending her to the earth was necessary. The other members of Eagle Ravi had similarly been eager to come back, if only to make sure that the baby of the team wasn't sent on a suicide mission before she was ready.

Being unable to volunteer herself, and having her own doubts about the experimental technology, she’d thus decided to thus bide her time until the method was proven before she committed to it. But now… too much time had been bided, with no tests run on living rabbits as of yet. This meant the installation itself was largely languishing, nearly unguarded due to lack of interest… but it also meant that if Akyuu got in now, she’d be risking her own life.

But… but hey! Worst case scenario, she’d just get to the Yama quicker, right? …hahhhh.

Needless to say, Akyuu now found herself between a rock and a hard place. Two different methods of dubious safety; one that could damage her soul, and one that could eject it out of her body entirely. All other methods were either more heavily scrutinized, or required the assistance of a Lunarian directly. These were her options, and the time had run out for her to um and ahh about it any longer. She had to make a choice, and (hopefully) live with the consequences on her.

[ ] Steal a Lunar Veil, and risk spiritual injury. It was the proven method, after all.
[ ] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…

Delete Post
Report Post
[x] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…

If she gets injured, she can use her memories to prove her identity and make her way Eientei. Losing memories is unacceptable, since that's one of the main tools they have to make things right and to convince everyone she's telling the truth.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Steal a Lunar Veil, and risk spiritual injury. It was the proven method, after all.

Pods could realistically hurt people or destroy buildings coming in, too. Not just risk of our own physical injury. Moreover, it's a loud entry that can get unwanted attention.

I know for a fact given how this is worded that Akyuu will probably end up even more spiritually aligned towards youkai from this, but I think I can trust that nothing will happen to her memories. It's strongly established that the incident did nothing to her memory. Why would her memory suddenly be hurt now?
Delete Post
Report Post
[x] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…
Ah yes, a helldivers pun.

But anyways, Eientei is always an option if we should get injured along the way. Although, Imperishable Night didn't occur yet so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Still, physical injury is preferable over a mental one.
Delete Post
Report Post
> …Would her friends, now that they were reincarnated as kids again? …Maybe Kosuzu, but surely none of the others. Definitely. Definitely.

poor Reimu... anyone else want to make Reimu's wish that no one find out about her friend plushies not come true?

so we have the classic method... or the Liber-TEA method.

yeah, considering that the original plan had Akyuu's memory being the lynchpin of it, not risking that would be a very big priority, so

[X] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206127
Do you think that the Lunar Capital is a managed democracy?
I hope we're bringing stratagems with us.
Delete Post
Report Post
You know what, fudge it, I wanna pull an amanojaku.

[X] Steal a Lunar Veil, and risk spiritual injury. It was the proven method, after all

This completely avoids physical injury, and while we might take a spiritual injury, there’s no reason to believe it would impact our memories if the damage our soul sustained before didn’t do anything.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…

Under the circumstances, losing memories is actually worse than dying. Besides, she's patriotically testing an escape route for her fellow bunnies in arms, she'll be fine.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…

We don't even know if we have Akyuu's ability or it's just leftovers. Leave no room for risk.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Steal a Lunar Veil, and risk spiritual injury. It was the proven method, after all.

I'll trust Akyuu's ability to remember everything. Lunar veil is the stealthier way (cannons are loud, and the pod could be dangerous on re-entry. Also has risk of collateral damage).

Also the Lunar Veil kind-of acts as a beacon if you recognize the tech, and the folks at Eientei will probably go looking for it (which we want).
Delete Post
Report Post
[JK] Steal a Lunar Veil, wear it as a cape, and commandeer a Meteor Pod.

... Actually, it might be possible to use the Lunar Veil as a Plan B if something goes wrong mid drop, so this option might be surprisingly credible.

Otherwise:
[X] Steal a Lunar Veil, and risk spiritual injury. It was the proven method, after all.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…

Meteor Pod launched initiated.

And yeah, if it was anyone else I'd go lunar veil, but we need our mind most importantly.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206134
If Akyuu wasn't the most level-headed of the group going in I would probably jump to change my vote... I might be still convinced to change my mind.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206134 here.

I change my mind. If we're going for a helldive pod drop, the cape is ESSENTIAL. Also we might as well go all in on the reference.

[UNDO] Steal a Lunar Veil, and risk spiritual injury. It was the proven method, after all.
[X] Steal a Lunar Veil, wear it as a cape, and commandeer a Meteor Pod.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206134
I don't think that using a lunar veil mid-drop would be a good idea, because of 3 reasons:
1)
Akyuu needs to get a lunar veil and then get into & activate the meteor pod. This would take up more time and potentially risk her being spotted & apprehended.
2)
Akyuu would have to open the capsule before the phase where the capsule is burning up in the atmosphere. Obviously the lunar veil wouldn't activate if you're enclosed within something as it allows:
>>the wearer to ride moonlight itself down.
(There's obviously no moonlight flowing through the capsule itself, so she would have to exit the capsule and ride the rest of the way down)
If Akyuu opened the capsule to use the lunar veil while the capsule is burning up, she would be a very toasted rabbit & the next update would be Akyuu saying hi to Eiki.
3)
Even if she did successfully exit the capsule and used the lunar veil, this would obviously be even risker than just staying in the capsule itself (as tests on dummies using the pod have been done already).
She would also be risking physical injury trying to get out and potential spiritual & mental injuries through use of the veil, which is considerably worse than just getting physically or mentally injured.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206134
>>206137

You know, you're partially doing this for a joke, but that might... actually be viable?

In Silent Sinner in Blue, Eirin attaches a piece of Lunar Veil to Remilia's Rocket, and that ensures the rocket does get to the moon. So... it may actually be better than either option individually?
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206139

Ok so we're giving the pod a cape now... This is looking better and better!

How did super earth not think of that one!
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…

My distrust of magic far outweighs my desire to say "what matters most is that we reach Gensokyo. Alive, if possible."

And since I can't make a darkest dungeon 2 reference, have a Book of the New Sun reference instead!: Is our lifespan not long enough to wait for the Samru or some other such vessel, work the masts, then go ashore when the time is ripe?

Happy Easter/Sascha, by the way!
Delete Post
Report Post
THRICE-DAMNED AUTO CORRECT
Delete Post
Report Post
Maybe I’m trying too hard to discern authorial intent, but to me this reads as more of a vote on how we announce ourselves to Eientei.

The veil is the quiet option, landing safely and undetected. But it’s also more suspicious. A fully equipped moon rabbit, arriving by the standard method, close to K&E’s hiding place? Screams of an attempt to track them down and surveil them. I doubt they’d just kill her, but she would be under heavy scrutiny and receive little trust. And between Eientei’s seclusion and Akyuu’s potential memory loss, convincing them of her intentions might be incredibly difficult. They likely don’t know about the ICI.

On the other hand, the pod is the loud option. We will be found almost immediately, but given that we’ll likely be incapacitated this is probably a good thing. Whoever comes across us will likely drag us straight to Eirin. Patient is a much more sympathetic first impression than spy, and our use of such a dangerous method could be seen as a form of sincerity. We were willing to risk it all rather than stay on the moon.

With that all said,

[X] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…

Let's hope Akyuu knows how to aim
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…

I wasn't sure at first, but this one seems more entertaining.
Delete Post
Report Post
*A Cup of Liber-Tea starts playing*

[X] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…

Yeah, this is the fun option. Reasoning being we kinda need our brain intact, seeing that everyone else is going to look crazy unless we are here (unless we get a lucky break like Reimu and her go-shintai.). Another good reason is, being unproven tech, it's probably the easier mode of transportation to get to. On another note...

(X) Have a stick of dango before we drop. Least if we die, blood won't be the only taste we remember.

Fine, no plushie. Have some sweets instead.
(pouting rn bc of this)
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206130
Didn't she basically state that she has maintained perfect memory?
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206147

That’s exactly what I’m pointing out. Her spiritual state was very bad before reincarnating, and yet her perfect memory was maintained. There is no reason to believe any damage the Lunar Veil can do will do anything to her memory.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…
Delete Post
Report Post
[x] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…

>>206143

Like this person pointed out, Elrin would probably expect the moon to send someone to look for them and they would do it quietly, so using the pod would hopefully make Elrin and Kaguya believe we are a deserter and help us and not someone who try to bring both of them back to the moon.
Delete Post
Report Post
Counting to >>206150:

Main Choice:
[3] Steal a Lunar Veil, and risk spiritual injury. It was the proven method, after all.
[13] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…
[1, >>206137] Steal a Lunar Veil, wear it as a cape, and commandeer a Meteor Pod.

Potential Additions:
[1, >>206146] Have a stick of dango before we drop. Least if we die, blood won't be the only taste we remember.
Delete Post
Report Post
Also, for those who haven't voted yet because they think their votes won't matter, vote anyways (It's just Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V).
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Steal a Lunar Veil, and risk spiritual injury. It was the proven method, after all.
believe in akyu in not losing the memory
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…

Not a super fan of potential injury but at the same time their souls were deteriorating because of the incident, her keeping the ability and memories was very lucky and I would prefer to not try our luck a second time if possible.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…

I, WILL NOT see Akyuu as an amnesiac, also I highly dislike the Amnesia tag on AO3 and I don't want this fic to have that.

Again, this is just personal preference, your opinions matter the same way I treat my own opinions. If you have a different opinion, I will not mind.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…

physical injuries would be easier to treat than spiritual ones.

...reisen came to earth in a lunar veil too, didn't she? i wonder what memories she's missing.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206159
That was Rei'sen not the one at Eientei

[X] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotism…
Delete Post
Report Post
The pod option looks like its a double reference, not only are we commandeering a hellpod, but one that is being shot out of a moonside big freaking gun! So its a Doom reference too!
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206161
Akyuu is an angry space marine, I guess. This is gonna be fun.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206160
no, reisen udongein inaba used a lunar veil too, it was stated in cage of lunatic runagate chapter 1. i don't know whether the piece eirin attached to the remilia's rocket was from reisen from eientei's veil or from rei'sen's veil, but given that CoLR also states that reisen's veil was stored away in eientei, it's more likely that it was the former's.

>>206161
that was my first thought too, akyuu's gonna shoot a hole right into the surface of the earth.
Delete Post
Report Post
The first thing I thought of was an astartes drop pod.
Delete Post
Report Post
Where we dropping boys?

We can accurately drop into Gensokyo, right?
Delete Post
Report Post
We're landing in the Nameless Hills and dropping a 500kg bomb on Medicine.
Delete Post
Report Post
just realized that if we fire and drop in gensokyo, we're gonna attract a lot of unwanted attention. not just from eientei, but also from other parties who'll be (rightfully) concerned about a big lunar cannon firing something at gensokyo.

for example, yukari...
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206167
To be fair, most will just assume that it's a shooting star or some astronomical phenomenon.
(I'm pretty sure I read something along the lines of that in official literature... unsure what specific one though).
Moreover, as neither Imperishable Night nor the broken moon incident occurred, most of the preexisting characters prior to EOSD will notice anything odd about the moon (except for Eientei at most, which is obscured within the Bamboo Forest of the Lost).
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171204588724.jpg - (201.05KB, 500x500, __reisen_touhou_drawn_by_chamaji__12e0292ac564b975.jpg)
__reisen_touhou_drawn_by_chamaji__12e0292ac564b975
[4] Steal a Lunar Veil, and risk spiritual injury. It was the proven method, after all.
[19] Commandeer a Meteor Pod, and risk physical injury. She couldn’t risk her memories being damaged, and wanting to save Gensokyo was a kind of patriotic fervor…
-[X] Have a stick of dango before we drop. Least if we die, blood won't be the only taste we remember.


She just didn’t know what effect the Lunar Veil could have. She might be protected - might - but it’d be assuming that whatever effect the Lunar Veil had was the same as whatever was eating at their souls in the last life. And that said effect wasn’t necessary to be able to use the lunar veil. And that it wouldn’t have any other side-effects.

The crux of the entire plan was her own mind and memory. There was no point if she didn’t get to the surface with those intact.

Which meant there was only one option. The one she’d been hoping, all-but-praying to the Yama would get some tests before she had to use it herself

…As fond as she was of this body, it was more important that she get the message to Shiki Eiki. Hopefully her unresolved business would allow her spirit to stay around… and at least it’d probably be quick. A-and that was all assuming it’d go wrong, anyways, the dolls had been fine, right?

…She ended up fishing the treats box out of her pack, and putting one of the dango in her mouth. Stress-eating was not a good habit to start indulging in, especially when one was A: working with a very limited supply and B: hopefully about to stop doing endless exercise drills. But… well, if this went wrong, it wouldn’t matter anyway. Gnawing a bit on the stick as she went, she finished repacking herself, and got up to leave again.

As soon as she finished priming her gun.



Nobody liked the late-night, weekend guard shifts. Anyone who had the misfortune of being assigned to them was already going to slack, and the guards these nights were some of the worst. Akyuu expected very little resistance as she snuck in the base.

She was surprised, and not in a good way. The guards were jumpy tonight. They were constantly glancing around and flailing their weapons at shadows. More than once, Akyuu had to throw herself against a wall to barely, barely not be spotted.

The answer came from the psychic messages being clipped back and forth across the base. Many of them concerned Lady Kishin Sagume, and not in a positive light. She’d given someone a well-intentioned wish for a quiet night, and now the whole hq was just waiting for the other shoe to drop. She’d unintentionally made Akyuu’s night a lot harder than it had to be. Akyuu just had to hope that the ruination of their quiet night would be her daring escape, and not anything else.

It didn’t help matters that Sagume herself was somewhere in the base, and most of the rabbits weren’t sure where. Half of them expected she was plotting something, and that the casual remark had been her attempt to assure it went off without a hitch, and some were hoping to be able to take her out before it happened - either because they hoped it’d save them the trouble or it was a chance to knock out a Lunarian noble and live to tell the tale. Akyuu wished them the best of luck.

When Akyuu got to her first destination, there were two rabbits guarding the doorway, looking around frantically. The blonde male was constantly checking his gun, while the light-blue-haired female was nervously twisting her hands around the hilt of her hammer. It seemed that there was no getting through them without a fight.

But Akyuu wasn’t just a chronicler any more. She pulled herself together, preparing the Lunatic Gun. Carefully setting her pack down, she considered a few strategies. Rushing both down? Unlikely to work the way she intended, and would take too much time. Not to mention she might just straight-up lose. Try to knock them both out with hallucinations? …No, that wouldn’t work either. …Half and half, then. She focused, taking a moment to prepare herself, and made her move.

She thought back, pulling a moment from her memory. Something that’d panic him without sending a signal up. A memory of a particularly hectic drill came to mind, and she focused. Thinking back to all the details, the smell of gunpowder, the sting of the rubber rounds, and the voices yelling in confusion, the pounding of her heart. Drawing the memory out of her, pulling and shaping it… and loading the psychic energy into her gun. The cartridge glowed with purple energy.

She rounded the corner, firing a shot straight at the male of the two guards before ducking back. He turned to see it, but was unable to dodge the shot slamming into his chest. At once, his eyes began to jerk around wildly in confusion, and he yelled out. Akyuu watched in amusement. As much as it was never pleasant dredging up her own bad memories, there was something undeniably amusing about watching the effects. Like watching a rabbit guard dive behind cover that wasn’t there to dodge a round that had been fired months ago.

His partner stuttered, running over to check the yelling guardsman was okay. +My partner’s freaking out! I think he’s hallucinating?!+ She looked around, torn between trying to help or keeping a safe distance from the flailing rabbit and finding the attacker.

Akyuu holstered her gun. +I’m right nearby, coming right now!+ She rounded the corner, running as fast as she could. The other rabbit waved her over, eyes marked with clear worry.

"He just started screaming and flailing, like a lunatic-" Akyuu’s left knee slammed into her chest, drawing out a strangled cry. The mallet slipped from her grip, and Akyuu flowed around her, pulling an arm around her neck.

“Yeah, of course.” Akyuu said, looking at the rabbit’s shocked expression. “That’s why it’s called a Lunatic Gun, dumbass.”

+Intruder! Intruder in the base! Trying to get into the armory!+ The rabbit struggled to ping out, and already Akyuu could hear a storm of responses. A vision of a blurry purple-haired rabbit running towards her filled her mind, likely her victim trying to describe her. +One rabbit spotted, very young, gun-woman- psychic- got me- can’t breathe-+

The rabbit’s eyes rolled into the back of her head, and Akyuu’s grip loosened as she slipped from consciousness. She stuck her hand into the rabbit’s pocket, fishing out a keycard, and swiping it into the console. The door hissed, and opened. Akyuu looked into the armory, took a deep breath…

And turned around, running back. She snapped her fingers, dispelling the hallucination on the male. As he came to his senses, he heard running feet, and looked up to see an unconscious partner, and the automatic armory door closing. He quickly focused his thoughts, coming naturally to the wrong conclusion.

+Intruder in the armory! Intruder in the armory!+

Akyuu couldn’t resist chuckling. She carefully picked up her pack, and pulled back into the shadows as the sounds of pounding shoes filled the halls. The armory was a massive complex, with all sorts of weapons and pieces of experimental equipment in it. Powerful, powerful relics too, and of course the Lunar Veils were in no short supply there. It was the natural place for a saboteur to destroy, for a thief to sneak into, or for an insurgent to take on an army by themselves.

…But if all one wanted to do was leave? The armory was just a massive maze for guards to get lost in, and it was close enough to the launchpad that guards would be pulled away to reinforce it. The inverse was true, Akyuu reasoned, and if she wanted to get a Lunar Veil she’d have sent them the other way. Akyuu waited until the sound of footsteps had long passed her, and stepped out, chuckling smugly.

That’s the difference between Eagle Ravi and all of you useless little bunnies.

She snuck away, feeling rather pleased with herself.



There was only one, even-more-terrified guard at the other entrance, eyes darting around rapidly… But Akyuu was already in the zone. She pulled up an old, dull memory of guarding a similar hallway by herself, focusing on the drudgery of the sights and the lack of sounds, but not bringing the actual feelings they invoked into the memory. Firing it off, her target again caught a glimpse of a shot, but was too late to even try to dodge it. Akyuu watched as her target’s eyes glazed a purple hue, and strode out once the glaze was in place.

“Wh-what was that? D-did I imagine it?” The guard blinked, turning around rapidly. Akyuu chuckled, waving a hand in her face. “M-maybe I-I’m just tired…”

The Eagle Ravi just kept a safe distance, taking her stolen keycard and swiping it to open the door. The rabbit didn’t react - couldn’t react, still thinking the hallways were dull and empty. Akyuu strode through the door, letting it shut behind her. She waited a few more seconds before dispelling the effect.

Now that she was inside, though, she could already feel her confidence high beginning to slip away. It was one thing to make fools of the other rabbits; it was another thing entirely to look at the massive deathtrap in front of her and keep her cool. The dissonantly cheerful commercial from the always-on TV talking about how their efforts would preserve the dignity and purity of the Lunar Capital did nothing to settle her nerves. She took a slow, unsteady breath, and began to make her preparations.

For a mercy, a meteor pod had already been loaded into the chamber of the cannon. Akyuu walked over to the various control panels, tossing her pack down and starting to activate them. She and the other Eagle Ravi had been sat to watch a few of the (already proven to be safe for crash test dummies) shots being fired, and while they hadn’t volunteered, Akyuu was sure she could figure out which buttons were the right ones to use. …Come to think of it, seeing how big and bulky the pod was, there was a good chance that the pod proffered for one of them to get in and try it was the same pod sitting there now, and no-one had bothered to unload it. So now all there was left for her to do was to input the commands.

…If only she had the clearance. Akyuu had assumed that one of the many panels the technicians had been working had some kind of passcode or other access, but now a keycard reader was staring into her face. She almost didn’t even bother using the guard’s card, but feeling desperate, she tried it anyways.

>Access Denied.

…It must have already been validated when they stepped in last time. Earth it. Earth it.

She turned around, examining the pod itself. It was a very, very imposing structure, a metal and steel construction. She found herself wondering if any of her other friends would have to get into some box just to get to Gensokyo. Hopefully not, she was getting claustrophobia just looking at this thing.

At least there was no need to worry about that, huh? There was no way she could get in there on her own, and with the guards swarming the armory, there was no getting in there either. All that was left was for her to be tracked down and court martialed. Maybe a firing squad would be the ones to see her off to Eiki. Fuck. Fuck! She kicked the panel, making a dull clank.

…No, no, okay, calm down. There were still options. She began to pace, nervously trying to think of a plan.

[ } She could try to sneak into the chaos at the armory and grab a Lunar Veil
{ ) She could try to hack into the machine, maybe? Who knew, there were always loopholes in new systems…?
( ] She cou-

>Access Granted.









...Wait, what?

She blinked, turning to examine the pod. It slowly opened, eliciting a dull hiss. Akyuu stared at it, confused, until she heard the beeping of buttons behind her.

She turned, slowly. A grey-haired woman was tapping away at the console, humming to herself. Her single wing fluttered in the breeze.

Akyuu stared. Kishin Sagume gave her a small smile, pressing another button to open up a cargo compartment at the bottom. She reached over, struggling to lift Akyuu’s pack, and the rabbit found herself assisting her in the effort.

Sagume’s silent assistance continued. It turned out there was a whole other coordination room that Akyuu hadn’t seen in the demonstration, and Akyuu just sat and watched as the goddess continued her efforts. Had the words of the goddess to the guards been attempting to ensure her success? Why? …How?

There were a thousand questions roiling about in her head, but… this was the goddess who could turn fate with just a careless word. If she asked about the wrong thing, she could completely screw herself over.

[ ] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.
[ ] No, seriously, what? Why was she helping? How did she even know she'd need help?

Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.

Not asking questions, just happy we’re getting help.

And come to think of it, this could just be someone similar to Ichi and Go having told them.
Delete Post
Report Post
Oh boy. After this, Akyuu better buy a lottery ticket, because she lucked out hard. Sagume is a sweet gal, shame we didn't nail the Sagumom origin (though I voted for the inaba origin so kinda being a hypocrite). Next origin roll I'm taking more risks. For now...

[X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.

Don't ask questions, just get out before anyone notices either of you there. Not exactly a place for extra decisions right now, we are in a cramped pod about to hurtle into the earth. Maybe...

(X) Ask for a 'theater kid's blessing (break a leg or something)

Reversal. Really good power. Probably stretching her kindness a bit if this goes through.

Say whatever prayers you got Akyuu. Hopefully some god responds (definitely won't be the Hakurei one though)
Delete Post
Report Post
[x] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.
[silence]
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.

Ame-no-Sagume does not do accidents, if LoLK and GoU are any indication. She wished for a noisy, chaotic night, presumably to help us. She's clearly aware of some higher purpose, what more is there to say? Definitely thank her though.

Side note those fake votes actually did totally get me good job on that one.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.

A lunar base in state of alert is not really the best place to have a conversation, hard to day if or when we will have the chance to talk with her again but better go before someone comes to check things.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.
-[x] If you have time, maybe use sign language (Do the rabbits even know sign language?) or some other means (Do we have a notepad & pen?) to ask how Sagume knows.

From Akyuu's perspective, she really doesn't know what's going on (+ it would be nice to have a brief conversation before we [probably] never see Sagume again).
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171205209469.jpg - (26.83KB, 551x551, __kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_onikobe_rin__20e.jpg)
__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_onikobe_rin__20e
>>206146
Sadly, it really doesn’t make sense for Akyuu to keep a plushie around. She’s not like the others in having been regressed, and unlike a certain slightly-spoiled yakuza princess, she’s not likely to be in a position where she’d be able to enjoy and collect them.

Also, I think it’s more fun for everyone to develop their own reincarnation quirks.

>>206156
Well, pretty much everyone will get their memories back in time, but most of the others will have varying amount of memories to start with. As for the opinions bit… that’s just how voting works.

>>206163
I believe it’s Reisen’s veil that was used, but I have no evidence from that other than reading a wiki article which claimed it.

>>206140
That’d be a hilarious cosmetic for the game.
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171205282910.jpg - (488.66KB, 924x897, AkyuuEscape.jpg)
AkyuuEscape
[X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.

No need to say anything, even if there's questions to be answered, she's not one who could answer them now.

Also belated april's fools.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] No, seriously, what? Why was she helping? How did she even know she'd need help?

Maybe there's another reincarnator on the moon?
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206184
Fair enough. Now Akyuu has a thing for lunar goods I suppose. Least the child of Miare won't have a problem paying. Well, once they figure it out that it's her.

I always wait eagerly for these updates, hope to see another tomorrow.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.
-[X] Definitely thank her at the end, maybe with a salute.
-[X] "Please say 'this thing is definitely going to break every bone in your body,' and nothing else."
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.

Aaand she's a bit of a bitch to other rabbits now. Almost makes me regret the youkai route.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.

No need to slow things down for Akyuu or risk Sagume saying she'll be fine.

The latter won't happen, right?
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.

Imagine if just when we're about to thank her she suddenly enters the pod and commandeers it from us.
Delete Post
Report Post
X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.

No need for unnecessary risks at this point.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.

as much as i want answers, it's too risky right now. i hope we'll get them one day.

also the detail of earth being a curse word on the moon is really nice! makes sense why, there's nothing worse than for a lunarian to be banished to the impure earth. gonna be a bit of a weird habit to get rid of to avoid suspicion when we're down there, though.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.
- [X] Definitely thank her at the end, maybe with a salute.

Not out of fear, but there's just nothing to say. She's helping us.
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171206726940.png - (100.09KB, 395x431, Screenshot 2024-04-03 011355.png)
Screenshot 2024-04-03 011355
>>206193
Those particularly well-read of recent THP may have noticed a certain similarity between the curse words of this arc, and a certain character in the last arc.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206185

This image is going to be embedded in my skull now.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] No, seriously, what? Why was she helping? How did she even know she'd need help?

Something is deeply fishy here.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.
…Y’know what? Now's not the time to start asking questions. Let’s just accept the help and get outta here.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.
-[X] Definitely thank her at the end, maybe with a hug bow.

I was somewhat tempted to go with the “wear the lunar veil as a cape and use the hellpod as a sort of 'drunk on life’ view of how Akyuu would be… but thinking about it i don't think that would be the case. She'd probably have small moments of enjoying a healthy and long lasting body. (I could see her keeping up at least a part of her daily workout routine just to enjoying be able to push her body and not worry about it leaving lasting damage.) But she went into this thinking that everyone else was going to be relying on her to help everyone else remember. And she's been trying to either get one of the lunarians to believe her or find a way down for what? About a decade and a half at this point? So she's probably going to be the most mellow/ serious (at least outwardly) of all the returnees.

>>206189

Its probably related to eagle ravi, probably some mutual dislikes on both sides, towards eagle ravi for being the misfits and eagle ravi disliking them in turn.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.
-[X] Thank her with a bow
--[X] Also maybe a hug.
---[X] Definitely a hug.

Reisen/Sagume is my favourite ship for a reason okay, I just like Bnuuy/Sagume, be it Tewi, Reisen, or Seiran, I will ship them with Sagume.
Delete Post
Report Post
Not that it's winning, but if we did end up voting for asking some questions, would there be a sub-vote on what questions to ask?
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.
-[X] Give her a salute as the door closes
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.
[X] Try to speak with signs or morse code?
- [X] Definitely thank her at the end, maybe with a salute.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206185
every time I see that image I only remember the MGS "Encounter" song.
Metal Gear Akyuu
doesn't smoke only mochi
Delete Post
Report Post
As >>206180:
Adding:
-[X] Give her a salute as the door closes.
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171210309633.png - (760.50KB, 1411x1574, ReimuAftermath.png)
ReimuAftermath
"Yachie paid it no mind, instead kneeling down and picking up her daughter. 'Bring Sir Konpaku to Riverside Hospital, and let’s make sure he gets the best of care. I'll meet you there, in fact. Reimu probably needs a checkup as well.'

Smiling, she leapt off the tower, carrying her daughter in her arms."
Delete Post
Report Post
Counting to >>206206:
Main Choice:
[20] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.
[2] No, seriously, what? Why was she helping? How did she even know she'd need help?

Potential Additions:
Note that the following additions have been grouped based on similarities:
I love displaying walls of text that are ultimately meaningless.
a)
[1, >>206175] Ask for a 'theater kid's blessing (break a leg or something)
[1, >>206188] "Please say 'this thing is definitely going to break every bone in your body,' and nothing else."
b)
[1, >>206180] If you have time, maybe use sign language (Do the rabbits even know sign language?) or some other means (Do we have a notepad & pen?) to ask how Sagume knows.
[1, >>206204] Try to speak with signs or morse code?
c)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[5, >>206188, >>206194, >>206199, >>206200, >>206204] Definitely thank her at the end, maybe with a salute/bow.
-[1, >>206204] Also, with a hug.
[2, >>206203, >>206206] Give her a salute as the door closes.

Feel free to recount if you think I counted incorrectly, criticism is always valued.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206193 here, adding these to my vote:

[X] Ask for a "theater kid's blessing" (break a leg or something)

[X] Give her a salute as the door closes.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206191 here, also adding a few interesting ones from the Potential Additions:

[X] Try to speak with signs or morse code?
- [X] Ask for a 'theater kid's blessing (break a leg or something)

[X] Definitely thank her at the end, maybe with a salute/bow.
- [X] Also, with a hug.

I'd like to make the hug conditional to if she agrees to either of the two "a)" blessings, but it might make the vote too cluttered.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.
- [X] Give her a salute as the door closes.

Exchanging words with Sagume feels thematically inappropriate. She's spoken with her actions, let us respond with ours.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206199 here

adding
--[X] Also maybe a hug.
---[X] Definitely a hug.

to my vote.
Delete Post
Report Post
I’ll admit, the paranoid part of me has had the thought that whatever is was that killed all Gensokyo’s humans came from the moon. And thus Sagume’s reasoning for helping us escape is that we’ll be less able to discern the plot if we’re stuck on Earth.
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171215122616.png - (80.18KB, 366x317, Screenshot 2024-04-03 214937.png)
Screenshot 2024-04-03 214937
[21] Just accept the assistance, silently. Maybe thank her at the end.
[2] No, seriously, what? Why was she helping? How did she even know she'd need help?
- [X] Ask for a 'theater kid's blessing (break a leg or something)
- [X] Definitely thank her at the end, maybe with a salute/bow.
-- [X] Also maybe a hug.


Akyuu didn’t understand. Really, she didn’t. It wasn’t like she was especially close with Lady Sagume - it was the Watatsukis who were more familiar, who’d approved her gene-warren getting another shot in hopes of getting a beloved pet. Lady Sagume was just one of many distant nobles.

In the past - future? …In the last world, she would have been peppering Sagume with questions. After all, she was still a chronicler at heart. But she had… she had more important things to do now, and eventually the guards were going to realize she wasn’t there. She couldn’t let herself get distracted with questions… even if they’d go unanswered for who-knows-how-long.

She worked, silently, doing what she could to get the rocket primed. Sagume’s assistance was a godsend, but it was still taking time. Eventually they’d figure out the misdirection and come this way, right? How much longer did she even have?

+Found her!+

Akyuu jumped, her eyes whirling around. She didn’t spot anyone.

+She’s moving through the artifacts section! Chase her out before we corner her!+

Akyuu paused, listening into the broadcast. …was there someone else sneaking around the armory? …Why?

“Akyuu?” The rabbit jumped again, whirling around. Sagume had noticed she’d paused her preparations, and was looking over, concerned.

“N-nothing. Just… thought I heard something.” It felt… hypocritical to rat out some other troublemaker when she’d probably gotten them in trouble in the first place. “…There’s nothing you can do safely to give me better odds, is there? Like, something like telling me to ‘break a leg’ like people do for actors?” The goddess shook her head, giving her a sympathetic look. Yeah, that was what Akyuu had figured. The goddess’s fate only changed fate so that events would go wrong, it didn’t necessarily change them the way she wanted it too. Couldn’t break a leg if it was cut off at the hip, after all. Sagume finished her last task on the panel… then turned, reaching out to pet the Eagle Ravi.

Akyuu blushed a bit. This was definitely the weirdest part of being a rabbit guard. Whether the lunarians treated you like guards or pets would change at complete random. They’d just decide, without much prompting, to make any given rabbit’s shift that much more filled with ribbing from their partners. And they usually either picked the cuter ones, who were already likely to get that sort of ribbing from the other rabbits, or the ones who were working harder as a reward.

Akyuu’s precocious nature meant that this happened to her many, many times. And it didn’t feel good, or help the young rabbit relax her nerves at times, despite what Ringo said - that was just an excuse she came up with so she could embarrass Akyuu herself. Akyuu’s beating heart starting to settle had nothing to do with the petting. Definitely.

…She definitely didn’t want the petting to continue, or to hug the lunarian for support. That would be completely improper. She felt her face flush more, trying to clear her thoughts without directly shaking the goddess’s hand off. Because it would be rude to do so, of course.

Sagume, seeming to sense the young Eagle Ravi’s nerves calming (by what was categorically complete coincidence) nodded to herself in satisfaction, and turned back to finish her work. It was only a few minutes more when the preparations were complete, and Akyuu was staring at the pod, with only one thing left to do: get in herself.

She turned to Lady Sagume, bowing, before stepping into the pod. The Goddess smiled, giving a wave. As the door to the pod began to close, Akyuu chopped off a crisp salute. “...Thank you, Lady Sagume. I will not forget this, nor let this go to waste.” She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath to steady her nerves. Well, this was about the bes-

“Safe travels, Akyuu.”

The rabbit’s eyes shot open, as the door began to vac-seal. Sagume blinked, then her face went pale, clasping her hands over her mouth.

“Abort! Abort! ABORT! LET ME OUT!” Akyuu hammered on the pod’s window, as the goddess began to flail around, trying to hit various buttons. “+SOMEONE HELP!+” She screamed both in psionics and in realspace, the latter achieving minimal effect within the airtight pod.

A flurry of psionic messages began to flood in in response. +Who was that?!+The pod’s launching?!+What’s going on now?+Akyuu, this is Ringo, I’m in the armory, sitrep ASAP+Quiet night my tail, I am going to rip off her wing!+ The psychic flurry only served to drown out Akyuu’s own panicked pleas, not that they could do much at this point.

The pod began to tilt, aiming her body so she’d land feet-first. Which also meant her head was closer to the firing chamber. Her feet were clamped in place, as a cheery robotic voice began to speak.

>Target set for inland Japan. Thank you for your heroic commitment to purity, noble Meteor Diver! Your efforts will help secure the safety of the Lunar Capital for generations to come.

“Nonononononono let me out! STOP! LET ME OUT OF THIS DEATHTRAP! Fucking SAGUMMMMMPH!” Akyuu hammered on the pod walls, as a breathing apparatus of some sort was shoved into her mouth, presumably to help keep the rabbit’s breathing stable and prevent them biting off their tongue, but in the moment only choking back her screams for help.

>Reluctance detected. Patriotism deduction logged for assessment upon returning to the capital.

The messages continued, the pod continuing to secure Akyuu against her will, now grabbing her arms to prevent her from pulling out the breath mask.

>Possible insult against Lunarian nobility recorded. Patriotism deduction added to assessment log.

Akyuu whimpered, now bound up. She kept trying to send out psionic signals, but with her head now turned skyward and a continuing storm of responses, she had no idea if they were having any effect. She saw Sagume lean over the pod, trying to beg forgiveness. Akyuu had no choice but to glare daggers at her.

>Firing in 5… 4… 3…

Akyuu took a deep breath, and screwed her eyes shut, waiting for the inevitable.

>2… 1… firing. For the Lunar Capital!

And then Akyuu’s entire world went white.
Delete Post
Report Post
Well, shit! I'm assuming that's what we get for saying anything at all and going in for the hug with the write-ins.

What a disaster.

Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171215163977.png - (188.33KB, 448x299, Screenshot 2024-04-03 230713.png)
Screenshot 2024-04-03 230713
The night sparrow hummed to herself, smiling at her exhausted customer. “Another bad day, Reisen?”

The rabbit only groaned in response. “...Give me the best you’ve got, Mysty. Good, strong stuff.”

Mystia nodded, starting to pour a hearty cup of sake. “Come on girl, let it out. That’s what I’m here for, after all.” Well… technically she was here for the customer’s coin. But she’d gotten more than enough coin from the rabbit over the years to know that Reisen sometimes didn’t come here because she was hungry, but because she needed someone to vent to that was outside of her work structure. So she was happy to let the rabbit nurse a cup and complain for a while, especially on sleepier nights like this one. “Bad day of deliveries again?”

Reisen straightened up, sighing. “There’s like seventy deliveries to make, and then I have to sell a bunch of stuff as well. And if anything gets broken, like if I fall in a trap or something and crush some medicine, it comes out of my pay.” She took a big gulp. “...I’m going to kill her some day, I really am.”

Mystia gave her a sympathetic smile. “Now, now. One thing at a time. It seems like you have a lot of underlings - can’t any of them do the deliveries?”

“They can, but they won’t. Because they’re not my underlings, they’re her underlings, and they’ll only listen to me if she tells them to.” Reisen sighed. “And they’re no good in the village anyways. Too many of them are troublemakers - we do not need them making oil slicks out of the tiles outside the home of our arthritis patients again.”

Mystia winced. “Seems like you have it really rough. And your boss?”

Reisen downed the cup’s remains. “Lady Eirin is… the good news is that she’s realized I’m the most useful rabbit there by a country mile. The bad news is that means every single task with even nominal importance gets handed to me, and if I screw it up, it’s on me, too.” She glowered. “If there was just one earth rabbit worth a damn, it’d be so, so much less stress…”

“There, there.” Mystia carefully put aside the point that Reisen had revealed she was a moon rabbit again, topping up her customer’s drink. She’d learnt a lot of random trivia about the lunar capital, but it really wasn’t anything other than second-hand gossip, and Eientei was secretive enough that it was probably best for both of them that Mystia let Reisen’s overshares sink to the bottom of her cups. “Who knows? Maybe you can ask your boss to hire a dedicated assistant for you?”

Reisen sat up a bit, considering it. “...Knowing my boss, she’d probably want to clone me or something for it.” Mystia wondered, not for the first time, what sort of powers that woman had where that was even an option. “And cultivating gene-warrens takes time and suitable rabbits that we do not have access to.” The rabbit sagged. “Either way, it’ll take years and years…”

“Now now, they took you in, didn’t they?” Mystia chuckled. “For all you know, they’ll take in another hard worker someday!”

Reisen gave a hollow chuckle. “Yeah, only took them a few hundred years... Maybe if I wish upon a shooting star…” Mystia gave her a gentle pat, looking up to the night sky. It was a beautiful, crisp night, with a waxing moon only a few days from being full. Mystia stared up, thinking.

One of the things that she’d gotten from Reisen’s drunken ramblings was that lunar rabbits were, if not harder workers, at least better co-ordinators. They had some kind of psychic power, an ability to talk to each other without words or sounds across quite a decent distance. If the other rabbits Reisen was working with had that ability, at least she could keep tabs on them more easily. And maybe if there were two rabbits in the same boat, she’d be able to de-stress with her without anyone else knowing - it’d cost Mysty a few coins, but she always felt a little bad taking the rabbit’s money when the medicine had been broken and she’d spent half of her paycheck trying to forget that she'd never received the other half.

…Yeah, if she wanted to ease the poor rabbit’s worries, that’s what she would wish for. Another lunar rabbit, another rabbit like Reisen.

She blinked. “Look, a shooting star!” She pointed, and Reisen’s head turned to watch it, making a red streak across the night sky. “Make that wish, Reisen, quick!”

She smiled, closing her eyes to make the wish herself. She smiled - it couldn’t just be coincidence, right? This had to be Reisen’s luck turning around!

“...It doesn’t look like a shooting star.” Mystia’s eyes opened, looking at Reisen in confusion. “It doesn’t move like one, at least.”

The night sparrow looked up. Now that she was watching the light more closely, there was a strange, rhythmic quality to its motion. Like it was spinning around in gentle circles, slowly getting faster and faster. And… was it bigger than it was before? She blinked, rubbing her eyes. The shooting star looked bigger again.

Mystia stared up at it, squinting. “What is it…?”

Reisen was on her feet. “Mystia? I-I think we need to move.”

“Eh?” The night sparrow felt her arm being grabbed, as the spinning thing got bigger and bigger. Now that it was closer, it looked vaguely squared from below, with blue lights in the middle of three of its four sides. “But the eel will burn-”

“MYSTIA!” That snapped her out of it. She took one look at Reisen’s panicked expression and took off, flying for cover. The two of them cleared a rock, peeking behind it, as the object came in for a landing.

There was a flash of light, a sickening crunch, and a tremor so vigorous that some part of Mystia’s mind feared she’d start laying scrambled eggs. A piece of woodwork flew by the Night Sparrow’s ear, close enough to ruffle her feathers. She shielded her eyes, and when the nose went quiet, she slowly, with dread, looked out at the devastation.

Her cart… simply wasn’t there anymore. There was a lot of burned wood, but nothing more recognisable than a couple of wheels, spinning freely. At the center of the devastation was a small, square… metallic thing, embedded into the earth itself. A box, maybe.

As if responding to her scattered thoughts, the box opened, pulling out its cargo. It was a battered-looking rabbit, one ear hanging loose over her head with her left arm and matching foot bent at unhealthy-looking angles. She was wearing clothes similar to Reisen’s more casual sets - in fact, she looked a lot like Reisen. A lot a lot.

Mystia’s brain broke down, staring at the devastation of her life’s work. She sputtered, trying to put her thoughts together. “M-my cart… you… broke my cart…”

The rabbit looked around as they staggered vaguely forward, clearly even more disoriented than Mystia felt. “Did-did I?” She asked, and Mystia slowly nodded. She could see the scattered gears of the rabbit’s head turning, trying to come up with something to say.

“...Th-thank god it w-wasn’t the shrine. Reimu’d spay me.” The eartips traced an arcane spiral as the rabbit lost its footing, spinning and collapsing in a heap on the floor.

Mystia stared, walking over slowly as Reisen leapt over the cover to administer aid. She stared up at the stars, trying to process her whole livelihood being in tatters.

She looked at Reisen, then back at the strange mini-Reisen. Some part of her managed to pull together a coherent thought.

“...Reisen? If this girl is who I think it is... I’m putting this on your tab.”
Delete Post
Report Post
Being Reisen is suffering. But hey, maybe that suffering can be split now.

Do you think that photographic memory will help Akyuu catch Tewi in the act?
Delete Post
Report Post
I hope we can pay that back. That's definitely going to be on us.

Also just name dropping Reimu like that is funny. Hopefully we can get medical attention.
Delete Post
Report Post
I just realized, we can always take out a loan from Chen! I'm sure that's a great idea with no broken kneecaps involved at all!
Delete Post
Report Post
Did Akyuu get sent to the wrong timeline? Thanks Sagume
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171215254444.png - (688.34KB, 847x1020, Screenshot 2024-04-04 005409.png)
Screenshot 2024-04-04 005409
>>206220
Actually, no, your fate was sealed on that front either way. All that happened was that you didn't ask questions, which, well... you're certainly not getting answers on them now.

>>206205
She's like Tyrell Badd from ace attorney, only instead of a lollipop it's a dango stick.
https://aceattorney.fandom.com/wiki/Tyrell_Badd

Nothing to vote on that currently affects this update, so here's a different thing to vote on.

Little bit of backstory, back in arc 1 I genuinely expected Reimu to execute a break-out from the Kiketsu source house, and her guardian otter to end up a hapless tagalong. That ultimately ended up changing quite significantly over the course of it, and the otter's characterisation in particular went from being more like a junior servant to Reimu to more like a proper bodyguard.

The reason that's important is that I was going to originally let Reimu name the hapless servant guardian-otter, but it made no sense to do that with the latter characterisation. So instead... why don't you all come up with names for the otters while they're all off-screen? Ideally yakuza-y sounding ones. I have no knowledge about any of the appropriate topics, so I'm trusting all of you!

[ ] Suggest names for the long-suffering Guardian here.

{ } Suggest names for the twitchy Driver here.

Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Vick
{X} Mifune (as in speed racer lol)
Delete Post
Report Post
this was hillarious lmao, absolutely whimsical
Delete Post
Report Post
Well, that was an update. Love Akyuu's panicked realization on what was about to happen once those words left Sagume's mouth, absolutely hilarious. Nice to have an introduction to her (sister? Technically?) so quick, though Eientei is going to be a while different ball game. For now, a small interlude. Driver and Guardian, huh. Let's see...

[X] Guardian: Gisei

{X} Driver: Kaze

This is direct from Google translate so good luck finding the real meaning. Those are my pitches.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206226
[x] No Name
[x] No Name


euehuehuehuehueh
Delete Post
Report Post
Yakuza-sounding huh?

[X] Kiryu

[X] Kazama

Alright, here’s my pitch.
Delete Post
Report Post
That was funny, though I feel kind of bad for Akyuu.
Delete Post
Report Post
Well, kids! This has been a valuable lesson:
Never make wishes on shooting stars. Stars are envious of their sister Sol, and will take any chance they can get to torment her children.

As for name ideas...
[X] Oyster
{X} Doug
These are very Yakuza-sounding names I swear.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Kiryu Kawauso/ 桐生 カワウソ
{X} Unte Oro/愚かな運転手

Lol the second one literally means stupid driver
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206226
>>206231
ngl,

[X] Kazuma

and

{X} Goro

are cool names, but maybe too on the nose.

>>206221
Loving the update, can't wait to see how things go from here
Delete Post
Report Post
okay so to take note of a few things:

first, akyuu's definitely arrived late- reisen's already doing deliveries to the human village, which only happens after imperishable night, which takes place after the scarlet mist incident. unless the order of incidents have been messed with. either that, or sagume might have made the journey take way longer than it should've, since akyuu's pretty sure that she left before the scarlet mist incident.

second, from her mutterings before she collapsed, reisen (and mystia) knows that the new moon rabbit knows a few things about gensokyo. mainly, the fact that there's a shrine.

as for reimu... well, the end of reimu's arc heavily implies that reimu is headed to gensokyo proper after everything. youki suggests to her that she does so, and yachie mentioned in the epilouge that she might send reimu to the hakurei shrine to hone her miko skills and keep her safe from the other gangs, not to mention to look for the other immaterial children.

combining these two deductions with the fact that youki's confrontation with yuuma (and therefore the entirety of reimu's arc) should've happened before the spring snow incident and by proxy, the eternal night incident, reimu could very well be living in the hakurei shrine right now. good for them, since once she's healed, akyuu could potentially meet up with one of her fellow immaterial children.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206236
Or Yukari is up to something...
Always the gap hag...
Delete Post
Report Post
Yakuza-y? So just Japanese then but the names that aren't popular and catchy.

I'll throw in some water stuff to keep it otter-related.

[x] Tomohisa Asami 浅海 智久
Surname means "shallow sea"

{x} Nenonaga Sakawase 酒匂瀬 子之永
Surname means "rushing waters that stink of booze"
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Kazuma
{X} Goro
Delete Post
Report Post
I hate to use these names, but I can't not use that second one.

[X] Chains

{X} Twitch
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206236

I'll admit that I haven't entirely been paying attention to the time-line, but I think Gooboi forgor. Oopsie-daisy! is making a big brain, the-story-takes-place-over-multiple-years-or-even-decades fic that will go in the annals of history.

Either way, every author is the king of their realm. So it is written! So it shall be done!
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206235
[X] Kazuma

{X} Nishikiyama

For extra drama (hopefully).
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206236
>>206241
Or, and hear me out here...

The butterfly effect exists. Something one of the reincarnators did in a place they shouldn't have been or their absence in a place that they should have has caused a change in the chain of events, pushing Reisen to start deliveries sooner than in canon.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206243
We still don't know who is current Hakurei shrine maiden. And what happened at the time of PC-98 games?
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171217345491.jpg - (31.74KB, 248x473, IMG_3722.jpg)
IMG_3722
>>206236
>>206241
>>206243
um… can someone source when Reisen started her deliveries for me?
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206245

I was tempted to ask this question myself, but I wasn’t sure if it was even a mistake on your end.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206245
https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Eirin_Yagokoro#Occupation
Eirin started selling drugs after Imperishable Night, so probably around the same time.
Delete Post
Report Post
I believe it was mentioned in Cage in Lunatic Runagate that Eientei was completely isolated from Gensokyo before the events of imperishable night.
Delete Post
Report Post
It wouldn't be that hard to justify here though. Maybe the search for the missing children caused the discovery of Eientei earlier.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206249
Or Akyuu made a mistake and guessed wrong.
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171217760116.jpg - (135.66KB, 909x652, IMG_3723.jpg)
IMG_3723
I’ll make it work. Or I’ll post a retconned version of the above. We’ll see - it’ll take me some time before I can get to a computer anyways
Delete Post
Report Post
Very funny to think that Mystia is, like, the 5th most informed Gensokyan regarding Lunarians
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Kazuma
{X} yoh
Delete Post
Report Post
> [Akyuu] looked around as [she] staggered vaguely forward

> It was a battered-looking rabbit, ... with her left arm and matching foot bent at unhealthy-looking angles


that means she took a step on a clearly broken foot

OUCH

also, NOOO not the Izakaya!!!

>>206252
And somehow even better informed than the Child of Miare!


For the vote, I actually went with Redwall for the names, tried looking for the toughest sounding ones

[X]Shellhound

{X}Blaggut

Also, nuts, I let myself get paranoid trying to avoid the wrong thing being said and voted against getting valuable information...
and poor Eagle Ravi, from the way things turned out probably as best as they can piece together one of their own woke up from a bad dream stemming from their failed genetic alterations, then shortly later an alarm goes off and in the middle of it said member starts crying for help before going silent without being able to convey what was happening...

is there going to be a Eagle Ravi Rescue crew arriving in the near future?
Delete Post
Report Post
From >>206124:
>She pulled out a small note, and left it on her bed. An apology for Seiran and the rest of Eagle Ravi to find later.
I'm gonna assume that there won't be an Eagle Ravi Rescue crew as they'll probably read the note and deduce that she defected.

However:
>>it was strongly hoped by essentially everyone that her delusions would resolve themselves before an actual mission came up where she'd be necessary.
Maybe they do rescue her, assuming that she just had a very bad day and somehow she became delusional by accident (and as she's also relatively valuable), but that's a maybe in my opinion.
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 17121892122.jpg - (106.90KB, 850x512, IMG_3724.jpg)
IMG_3724
Realised there’s a way to make my little goof work while actually supporting other things planned.

WE PLAY ON!
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206256
Reimu had a minor cold once (just a few sniffles, really) and legions of otters raided Gensokyo looking for Eintei to get a cure. The resulting incident forced them to start selling medicine much earlier.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206257

That seems like the kind of story one of the otters would tell as a warning to not mess with Yachie’s kid. Like that one time she almost got kidnapped and her attempted abductor had a… very spicy barbecue😁.
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171220770816.jpg - (178.39KB, 1228x868, IMG_2641.jpg)
IMG_2641
Akyuu in the worst case scenario
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206236 here, sorry about making y'all aware of the inconsistency. i got a bit too carried away analyzing the details with the theory brain again. my bad. i'm excited to see how you're gonna make it work, though!

between the two protagnists we've seen so far, akyuu definitely has the best chance of convincing everyone else about her status as an immaterial child, since there should be no way a moon rabbit would know so much about gensokyo, not to mention her memory of future events. here's to hoping she can take advantage of this...
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171223163163.jpg - (223.19KB, 700x846, __reisen_udongein_inaba_touhou_drawn_by_mizunomoto.jpg)
__reisen_udongein_inaba_touhou_drawn_by_mizunomoto
Akyuu awoke, and immediately regretted making such a foolish mistake. Her whole body throbbed and ached, and what sensations she could make out that weren’t outright miserable boded ill in other ways, like the complete inability to move her left arm.

Well, she’d done it. She’d made it to Earth, and in some miserable state too. She seemed to still be in one piece, if only because the pain pulsed in unique ways down each of her fingers and toes. Perhaps she was in one piece only because no pieces of bone had actually managed to free themselves of her. She was vaguely aware that she’d destroyed someone’s cart in the crash-landing, though she hadn’t gotten any sort of real look at them. At least they seemed to be kind enough to drag her to a hospital.

She opened her eyes, beginning to scan around the room. Her left arm and leg were both in big casts, and other parts of her body were heavily bandaged too, but the work had a certain professionalism to it that was vaguely reassuring. There were a few machines hooked up to her, as well, quietly humming from some kind of energy.

Akyuu tried to speak, but it only came out as a hoarse rasp. She tried to wet her throat and call out again, but still nothing. She was thirsty. Bloody thirsty. In desperation, she tried a psychic ping instead.

+Hello? Can someone help me?+

…It was a stupid attempt, really. There were no lunar rabbits here. It began to occur to Akyuu that… this whole second life, the whole of it, she’d never been out of contact with other lunar rabbits. Sure, it had disturbed her sleep a few times, and she’d wanted to turn off the ability on more than one occasion, but… now there’d never be another rabbit to message again. The room seemed a lot emptier.

Fortunately, the empty feeling didn’t last too long. She heard footsteps coming, glancing up at the doorway. A familiar face poked its head through, long, purple hair with two crinkly ears, and Akyuu began to feel a sense of relief.

Reisen Udongein Inaba. The lunatic rabbit, which meant… this was Eientei. There were few places Akyuu could have landed in that were better places to be, all things considered. At least she’d be in good hands.

“Ah, you really are awake. You really had me worried there!” The rabbit stepped in closer. “I’ve just pinged Lady Eirin, so she’ll be here shortly. Do you need a drink, or anything?”

Akyuu tried to speak, but again no words came out. The rabbit seemed to get the gist, and quickly offered a small cup of water, and a straw. Every drop Akyuu managed to suck up felt like a godsend.

When the cup was pulled back to let her breathe, she tried again. Still, her throat was sore, and it rasped continually against her. If she could speak, that’d be something, but-

+You can just tell me this way, you know.+

Akyuu’s eyes shot wide open in shock. She looked up at Reisen, who just chuckled. +Wait, you can use telepathy? I thought only Lunar Rabbits could do that.+

+You’re not wrong.+ The nurse rabbit proffered the cup back to her. +But I’m not an Earth Rabbit. I’m a deserter too, Akyuu. Call me Reisen.+

Something began to stir in the back of Akyuu’s mind, but she was still too frayed to put it together. +You… know my name?+

Reisen nodded. +Yep! Akyuu, Gene-Warren IN-8, kit 1 out of all 1 rabbits in litter 02.+ She waved off Akyuu’s shocked expression. +Vat-bunnies get chipped during the incubation process with some high-level stuff like that.+

That was news to Akyuu, and not very pleasant news at that. +...They can’t track me with it, can they?+ The older rabbit shook her head. +...Wait, if you’re a deserter, how do you know all that?+

+I’m not the only one from the moon here - oh, but you wouldn’t know that.+ Reisen threw her arms wide. +You’re currently in a place known as Eientei. You can consider this place… a little Lunarian home-away-from-home. A refuge for Lunarian exiles.+

+Eh? An exile’s hiding place?+ …Well, Eientei having some connection to the Lunar Capital was no secret, but what that connection was used to be a closely-guarded secret. But apparently all that anyone needed to know its true nature was to have the right set of ears. +How many people from the moon are here?+

+You’d be the fourth, Akyuu. The other two are straight-up lunarians.+ …Oh. Ohhhhh. That would explain… a lot of things, actually. Wait, then was Kaguya that Kaguya?! Akyuu tried to push herself up, without much success. +Hey, hey, take it easy. Don’t stress out, we’ve got some medication coming shortly.+

Akyuu gave her a helpless look. +I-I don’t think medication can heal my broken bones, so unless there’s something-+

+Oh, but it can.+ Reisen grinned. +You’re with the best doctor on earth. You’ll be up before you know it.+ At the sound of footsteps, the healthier rabbit stood up, opening the door. “Lady Eirin! She’s awake now.”

A woman with a bisected red-blue uniform strode in, carrying a small tray with two vials on it. It had been a long, long time since Akyuu had seen Yagokoro Eirin, and when she’d last done it, the woman had been ragged. Here, she stood calm and composed, utterly picturesque. And seemingly not a day older or younger than the Eirin who’d helped her on this journey all these years ago.

“Eirrrrrn…” Akyuu coughed a bit, and Reisen scurried over to offer more water. The doctor, for her part, seemed to spend a few moments looking between Reisen and Akyuu, considering something with a small smile. But… why? This was just normal nurse stuff, right?

Akyuu looked at Reisen. Then back at Eirin. Then really, really looked at Reisen.

+Wait. Wait. Wait.+ Reisen smiled, innocently, watching the gears turn in Akyuu’s battered head. +Are you- what’s you-are-+

The rabbit patted her head. “There we go. Was wondering when you’d piece that together.” She smiled, gently placing her hand on Akyuu’s cast arm. “Reisen Udongein Inaba. First and only kit in litter 01… of Gene-Warren IN-8. It’s great to finally meet you, little sis. Though you did scare the life out of me with that entrance of yours.”

Akyuu just stared. +I-I… you… this is… a lot of process…+ How… what were the odds? She’d not only landed in Eientei, she’d not only ended up directly in Eirin’s care, but she’d ended up in the exact same place her long-lost sister had. What were the chances of that..? Well, Sagume had only cursed her travel itself. Maybe some inverse effect made her destination guaranteed?

As Akyuu came to grips with the continual, non-stop barrage of earth-shattering answers to what felt like a storm of her life’s questions. The elder rabbit turned to her master, whose face quickly became a solemn mask under her servant’s eye. “Lady Eirin. She’s still having trouble speaking… but I can act as her interpreter if needed.” She bowed, stepping aside.

“...Right then. Akyuu, yes?” The doctor sat at the end of the bed. “...I have two vials here. One will numb your pain, and the other will heal your wounds. Whether I use one, both, or neither is up to you… after a fashion.” She placed the tray down, giving a cold, analytical look to her patient. “I’d like to ask you a few questions before I begin treatment.”

Akyuu blinked. +U-um, I’m not trying to, I didn’t know-+

Reisen gave her a reassuring smile. +Relax, okay? We’re already pretty certain that you’re not an insurgent or anything - she actually thinks Lady Sagume tried to sabotage your escape attempt.+ …Oh, if only they knew. +We don’t think you’re actually here to hunt us. We just have to make sure. You’re safe, Akyuu - you can trust me.+

Akyuu did her best to manage a nod. +...Alright. Tell her I’m ready to answer any questions she has.+ At the very least, it felt like Reisen was on her side, which was comforting. Rather more comforting than Akyuu expected, actually. Her older sister relayed the message, getting a nod from Eirin (whose smile had begun to creep back onto her face, before Reisen turned to face her and it scurried away again).

"Akyuu, tell me; why did you come here?"

[ ] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.
[ ] Talk about the incoming future, but hold off on details for now. She might be able to tightrope-walk the gap between sincerity and insanity.
[ ] Just claim to be a deserter rabbit with eidetic memory. No need to bring up all the crazy shit on one's first meeting.

Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.

+Hi, I'm Akyuu, formerly known as the Child of Miare. It's a pleasure to meet you.+
Delete Post
Report Post
[x] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.
AQ MODE ENGAGE
SANITY OUT HONESTY IN
GUTS SKILL ACTIVATED (NO WAY SHE DOESNT HAVE THAT AFTER ALL THE STUFF SHE'S BEEN THROUGH)
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Delete Post
Report Post
I immediately deduced that something's probably up with the choices on a deeper level, but I'll play along.

[X] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171223479640.jpg - (435.23KB, 850x2484, __hijiri_byakuren_and_kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn.jpg)
__hijiri_byakuren_and_kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn
>>206264

Oh! That actually reminds me.

Shout out to Sylent-M, who way back in >>206143 spotted the major consequence of the noisy entrance - sincerity in desperation.

>>206260
It's fine! this is a fic where I want little details like that to matter. This is a time-travel fic, after all!

You haven't forced me to retcon anything yet - in fact, it'll work as better support for (something).

And, you actually ended up helping me find one other detail I'll have to verify for coherency.
Delete Post
Report Post
You know what, fudge it…

[X] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.

Simply claiming to be an ordinary rabbit with a good memory feels like a bad idea, and if we just attempt to walk the tightrope by claiming future sight… well, why’d we desert then? Wasn’t the whole reason we left an attempt to find someone who’d believe our crazy story?
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.

This...is our job. We have to get Eientei on board with this, no matter what. Being the child of Miare means we'll be linked to the immaterial children instantly, and we have the memories to back it up. So, unless Eirin makes a series of logical leaps that leads to Reisen messing with her using Lunatic Eyes, we'll be fine. On other notes...

(X) Thank your saviors. Politeness works wonders.

(X) Ask if her stash of lunar dango is intact (or has been gobbled up by the rest of Eientei's cast)

I would like to argue for Sagume, but winning their trust is more important right now, and vouching for the lunarian's verbal superweapon won't be a good look.

(X) Whisper a mental apology to Sagume to yourself, seeing you are about to agree to dragging her name through the mud.

Alternatively...

(X) Or don't, if you believe this is karma for fucking up your landing. "Safe travels" my ass.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.

It worked for Reimu, surely it'll work for Akyuu now! there's no way it could possibly go wrong this time! How is it going to go wrong? Ah I know, where not in front of the equivalent to Keiki but Youki

slightly related to the Otter name vote, I did have an idea for another Reimu spellcard

Otter Sign "Lazy Youkai Miko"

In essence Reimu just goes: 'sic 'em'
Delete Post
Report Post
Eirin is too smart to not know something is up. Our story is also absurd. I don't get the sense Akyuu is honest to a fault like Reimu is.

But... I also feel like half-sincerity would make our situation worse. Meanwhile, being closed-off would get us nowhere. Akyuu probably can see that.

[X] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.

Also...
>>206264
...is she threatening to put us down? The choices, could also have to do with our memory... or it would if we had used the Lunar Veil which we hopefully didn't use unwittingly for some reason.
Delete Post
Report Post
As >>206264:
>>206269
Eh...
I doubt that choosing to be fully cooperative with Eirin will have any immediate negative impacts on Akyuu, that's all. In fact, I would say that it is the best choice for Akyuu to try to tell them about the upcoming incident even if Eirin & the rest may be skeptical at first.
:3
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206270
Thats's not what I was getting at, but fair.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X]Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.

Eirin would probably know if we were lying anyways.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.

I prefer going with honesty, even if they don't believe us. Also, this one might be included with the questionnaire itself, but:

- [X] Add details about any changes in the moon that could be used against Eientei (such as the huge cannon that's pointing in our general direction).

And more importantly:

- [X] Ask for a summary of current events, if possible. WHEN are we?

I think Akyuu specifically will want to know this, since she's the only one that actually remembers what happened in the past. This is why we gambled keeping either our memory or our limbs lol
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206272 here

Adding this to my vote
-[X]Maybe fabricate a liiiiiiiiiiittle, teeeeeeeeeeeeentsy, weeeeeeentsy bit so that Akyuu being the child of Miare wouldn't come out.
--[X]Also maybe ask for some dango when Eirin goes out
Delete Post
Report Post
The problem with being seen as delusional is that there is a certain moon rabbit nearby who has the ability to induce lunacy onto others, and chances are she'd get blamed for causing Akyuu's apparent insanity.

...

...

...

[X] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206268 here

I would like to add to my vote:

(X) Thank your saviors. Politeness works wonders.

(X) Ask if her stash of lunar dango is intact (or has been gobbled up by the rest of Eientei's cast)

- [X] Add details about any changes in the moon that could be used against Eientei (such as the huge cannon that's pointing in our general direction).

- [X] Ask for a summary of current events, if possible. WHEN are we?

Regarding the Dango vote... Tewi already got into them didn't she?
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.
- [X] “xThis is going to sound a bit crazy, but…x”
Delete Post
Report Post
[X]Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.

I don't think we have great odds of lying to Eirin in any case. She's canonically a genius, and I wouldn't put it past her to have us hooked up to a lie detector. It wouldn't even require extra setup on her end, considering that those things use heart rate.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.

Tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.

Might as well go full insanity here, at least she will seem harmless.
Delete Post
Report Post
Yeah, I knew Gooboi was right the whole time.

[X] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.

I think we'd look good in a straight jacket.

More importantly though, those drugs. We have the option to take one, both, or neither? I mean, I get that Eirin knows that we're suspicious of them not being suspicious, but that's pretty suspicious. Not to mention that Eirin's drugs are always suspicious. In the parodied words of Twitchy the squirrel from the movie Hoodwinked! "Never trust a moonie!"

[X] Don't take either drug.

[X] and also do all that other stuff Mew suggested.
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.
[X] Don't take either drug.

You can't silence me with drugs! Everyone's lives are at stake!!!
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Talk about the incoming future, but hold off on details for now. She might be able to tightrope-walk the gap between sincerity and insanity.

I feel like a full disclosure can come when we're not recovering not recovering from a near-fatal crash and several unexpected revelations.

Unrelatedly, I'm still weirded out that Eirin's name seemingly never came up while Akyuu was working for the Wakatsukis.
Delete Post
Report Post
-[X] Take the drugs if she gives them to you.

Are we really stupid enough to refuse Eirin's miracle cures? Really?
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.

[x] Take the drug to heal the wounds, but not the painkiller. As a show of commitment, or something.

I think everyone's a bit too paranoid of Eirin. It should be fairly easy to prove her story by talking about the geography of Gensokyo, major groups, stuff that the Lunarians shouldn't know just yet.
Delete Post
Report Post
[ ] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.

Eirin should know about the whole child of Miare thing, right?
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206286
Debatable. The original incarnation of the Child of Miare was alive around the same time as Mokou was born, ~700CE. So it's feasible she was aware of them. But since they only reincarnate every 100-150 years, K&E might have already entered seclusion before the first reincarnation. Meaning they don't know about the multiple reincarnations thing. But since Reisen's been visiting the village, they might be slightly more informed.
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171226153985.png - (651.58KB, 1897x833, Screenshot (1166).png)
Screenshot (1166)
[X] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.

Also

>>206283 for your question about why Akyuu never heard of Eirin's name on the moon, there's this panel in SSiB(From IceFairy on twitter)
Delete Post
Report Post
Guys, we’re practically in a full-body cast. I think the medication thing is Eirin saying how gently and quickly she heals us depends on how honest/cooperative we are.
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206265
glad to know my rambling was good for something, haha. anyways.

while i don't doubt that eirin can and will use some sort of truth serum against us, she's making us answer before giving us the medicine. plus, she's at least not that antagonistic towards us, if the small smiles she lets slip whenever reisen isn't looking are an indication. (it's really sweet though, eirin being happy for reisen finally getting to meet her little sister but also wanting to maintain her image as a strict boss/respected authority)

[X] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.

eirin's too smart for us to lie to her. she'll figure it out one way or another, and since we're hoping to gain eientei's trust likely as soon as possible, we might as well tell the truth (or maybe from their point of view, what we think is the truth). reisen's been to the village and they're already selling medicine, so they should have some knowledge of gensokyo already, which we can use akyuu's memory for.

also, while i'm at it:

- [X] Add details about any changes in the moon that could be used against Eientei (such as the huge cannon that's pointing in our general direction).

- [X] Ask for a summary of current events, if possible. WHEN are we?

(X) Thank your saviors. Politeness works wonders.

(X) Ask if her stash of lunar dango is intact (or has been gobbled up by the rest of Eientei's cast)
Delete Post
Report Post
[X] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.
{X} Ask if her stash of lunar dango is intact
{X} Ask for a summary of current events, if possible. WHEN are we?
"Gene-Warren IN-8" also nice reference to th8
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206291

I was waiting for someone to point that out. But yeah, I read the chapter, put my vote in, reread it a couple hours later, then saw the Gene-Warren designation and went “Wait a second now!”
Delete Post
Report Post
>>206292

same here!

regarding truth serum, I wonder if Eirin thinks/knows ways that the Lunarians could get around it? might be overthinking it again.
Delete Post
Report Post
If there are countermeasures to the truth serum, they might only be available to the loyal elite bnuuys (and Lunarian nobility, but that's a given). Akyuu's an Eagle Ravi, which are considered expendable elites and are far from loyal given their rates of desertion.
Delete Post
Report Post
Counting to >>206291:
Main Choice:
[21] Full, complete honesty, no matter what she asks. Better to be seen as delusionally sincere than deceptive and sane, and maybe her crystal-clear recollection could help reinforce her knowledge.
[1] Talk about the incoming future, but hold off on details for now. She might be able to tightrope-walk the gap between sincerity and insanity.
[0] Just claim to be a deserter rabbit with eidetic memory. No need to bring up all the crazy shit on one's first meeting.

Potential Additions:
Note that the following additions have been grouped based on similarities:
There's a lot of additions to keep track of... Pure suffering.
a)
[4; >>206267, >>206276, >>206281, >>206290] Thank your saviors. Politeness works wonders.
b)
[5; >>206267, >>206276, >>206281, >>206290, >>206291] Ask if her stash of lunar dango is intact (or has been gobbled up by the rest of Eientei's cast)
[1, >>206274] Also maybe ask for some dango when Eirin goes out.
c)
[2; >>206267, >>206281] Whisper a mental apology to Sagume to yourself, seeing you are about to agree to dragging her name through the mud.
[2; >>206267, >>206281] Or don't, if you believe this is karma for fucking up your landing. "Safe travels" my ass.
d)
[3; >>206273, >>206276, >>206290] Add details about any changes in the moon that could be used against Eientei (such as the huge cannon that's pointing in our general direction).
e)
[4; >>206273, >>206276, >>206290, >>206291] Ask for a summary of current events, if possible. WHEN are we?
f)
[1; >>206274] Maybe fabricate a liiiiiiiiiiittle, teeeeeeeeeeeeentsy, weeeeeeentsy bit so that Akyuu being the child of Miare wouldn't come out.
g)
[2; >>206281, >>206282] Don't take either drug.
[1; >>206284] Take the drugs if she gives them to you.
[1; >>206285] Take the drug to heal the wounds, but not the painkiller. As a show of commitment, or something.

That should be all of the main & subvotes counted to >>206291.
And one more thing:
As >>206264:
-[x] Take the drugs if she gives them to you.
Delete Post
Report Post
I've been thinking (dangerous, I know). Maybe we can expect Akyuu having to learn the ropes to help Reisen with her work, as payment for her treatment. At least Reisen will have someone to chat with while Akyuu recovers.

Also, as a Mystia fan I hope she eventually gets her cart back. Hopefully with her knees intact.
Image Source
Delete Image
Delete Post
Report Post
File 171232833068.jpg - (85.08KB, 840x840, __kasodani_kyouko_and_lily_white_touhou_drawn_by_r.jpg)
__kasodani_kyouko_and_lily_white_touhou_drawn_by_r
New thread is up at >>206302!

I've also posted a second epilogue, this one focused on Yuuma in the aftermath, and finally giving the missing matriarch a little bit of screentime. >>/shorts/2804

And to continue the trend of the end-of-thread shoutouts, I'd like to give one to Reavski's The Rabbit Has Not Landed! I've alluded to it a few times, but more than a few of the pieces in Again/Akyuu's lore regarding the moon are based on or direct callbacks to this story. It's actually the one that got me onto this site to begin with, as well!

You can find The Rabbit Has Not Landed here: >>/shrine/43549 and there's an AO3 version as well: https://archiveofourown.org/works/40206600/chapters/100703811

I'd also recommend reading Reavski's Wolfing Down. I personally rate it the most worthwhile-to-experience piece of erotica I've ever read, despite not finding it even slightly erotic - it's just a genuinely fascinating read, combining Futoian script, Reavski's elaborate writing style, and blatant, shameless smut in a glorious combination.

You can find Wolfing Down here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/36154327

See you all in thread 4!
[Return]  [Top]



- Took 0.03s -
Thread Watcher x
Reply toX