[Return]
Archived Thread

File 136909740378.jpg - (91.68KB , 850x599 , GET-DUNKED.jpg ) [iqdb]
168783 No. 168783
You had been hoping never to have to use this, but... You swing your pack around, rooting around inside for what you need. It's the work of a moment to produce the small object from within, and as you watch the fight, you wait for your opportunity.

You watch on as the Keine goes into a full rage and hurls herself at your girls with terrifying speeds, unleashing a furious torrent of blows that rip apart the air and earth alike in their intensity. You are buffeted with winds as chunks of the earth are torn up, great gouges being carved into the ground with each swing. Yet, Reisen keeps the Keine on her and never once flinches, consistently bobbing and weaving around the attacks, leaving just an inch of space to spare between herself and the blows. Her eyes are focused on the Keine's center of mass where she'd struck it before, as Reisen devotes herself to maintaining her extreme speed. This allows Mima to dart about and pepper the Keine with ranged attacks that do not connect at all ever while never doing enough to get the Keine's attention onto her and off of Reisen. Your two girls work perfectly in sync, despite their eccentricities. Yet, despite it all...

The Keine shows no signs of tiring in her rage, as if now it is her madness and fury that drive her more than any physical thing. But...

You immediately seize your opportunity - you may be reluctant, but you're certainly not going to let that cost you the chance to do this. Waiting for the perfect moment, you hurl the small ball in your hand.

Your aim is pure and true as you throw your precious cargo towards the Keine. The ball spins lazily through the air as it moves between the blasts of nightmare stuff that Mima is unleashing upon the Keine and connects with her misses the Keine completely.

"You DARE-!? I'll punish you harshly for that, worm!" The Keine seethes, lunging for you and making that final, fatal mistake as she moves.

A tiny tear in reality opens up and the touhouball passed through the ring, not even touching the sides as it passes through with a whisper.

That tear opens up again right above your Reisen, who immediately lashes out with a kick, launching the touhoubal towards the rampaging Keine before bursting from her position to put herself between you and it. The touhouball hits the small of the Keine's back the touhouball passes directly past the small of Keine's back, and moves directly into another tear.

A new tear opens up and drops the ball right past Mima, who unleashes a grand slam of a swing, sending it careening towards the Keine's skull where it smacks into her temple where it brushes past her bangs and directly into another tear.

The tear opens up and Reisen grabs hold of the touhouball and throws it as a curveball at the Keine, sending it drilling into the Keine's ribs sending it spiraling through the air past that Keine's head without a care, and directly into another tear in reality.

A tear in reality opens up and the Keine's hand lashes out, grabbing what falls through and crushing it maliciously. Oh no, she just destroyed a-

...rock.

Mima gets up in the Keine's face, holding the fully enlarged touhouball with two hands over her head as she slams it down button first into the Keine's skull before the Keine can do anything to stop it from happening.

A burst of red light absorbs the Keine who lets out a final cry as she is dragged into the touhouball, which wobbles back and forth on the ground, the seams of it steaming, straining to contain the precious cargo within.

...Finally, thankfully, it stops. The ball stops a rockin' and lets out an affirmative ping as Mima unleashes her victory lap, having once again proved that no one can out slam her jam.

Reisen sighs softly as she untenses her body, slowly trotting towards you.

Yukari sags with relief atop your head, having truly pushed herself there.

You begin to breathe once more as the ball settles down. But now, a more pressing worry presents itself. ...What now? You've just accepted responsibility for that Keine, as terrifying as she is, and so it's up to you to take care of her...

Reisen stares at you for a long moment as if she's reading your thoughts.

Then she kicks you in the shins.
Both of them.

"Ow!" You hop on one leg. "Ow, ow!" And then the other.

Reisen suggests, in a very candid way for her, that perhaps it is not the best plan for you to keep insane, dangerous psychopaths with your group.

Mima is currently busy doing a victory dance, with her lap done, as she undulates across the ground in an impressive manner.

Yukari is...asleep.

"Reisen...!" You whine at her, "You don't need to kick me, that hurts!"

Reisen suggests that it sems you only pay attention to people who hurt you, so maybe she should kick your ass into gear more often.

...she's really angry about this. She apparently doesn't want that Keine anywhere near you, not after what happened and almost happened.

"Well, what are we supposed to do then?! We can't just leave her out here, or something!" You say, upset. "So what should we do...?" you trail off, plaintively.

Reisen seems to calm down as she stares at you for a long moment, and opens her mouth to say something before you hear it.

A horrible, terrible creaking groan as the moon has shrunk back down to what it was supposed to be and is higher in the sky once more. Still, it gives you more than enough light to see what is happening. The town is... dying, that's the only word for it.

In mere moments wood rots, warps and collapses only to become dust. Metal rusts and breaks down. Glass cracks and shatters and becomes naught but sand. Moving in a wave from the edge of town towards the center where you are, the Abandoned Town's nightmare finally ends.

With a oddly peaceful sounding sigh, the Schoolhouse slowly and majestically ends, collapsing in on itself and breaking down to near nothing.

You watch, jaw hanging open, as the town finally meets its end. Well. It seems...that there isn't an abandoned town to look through, anymore.

Mima suddenly fills up your vision, pointing at you triumphantly. Ha HAH! She was RIGHT yet again! Mima is on a roll today!

"Yeah, um." You look away sheepishly. "Sorry, guess we won't be going to look through the town, after all."

Mima smirks confidently. You're damn right you won't be. She...

...wait...

Mima sort of wilts, slumping dejectedly. She wanted to look through the town. Everything she knows tells her that there would probably be journal entries, key items and plot hooks there.

Reisen tugs on your pants, getting your attention back to you as she...holds the Keine's touhouball up to you. The touhouball is now marked with warning stickers placed prominently on the top of it, though. She says that she would suggest that you hold onto it for now before turning it over to the proper authorities. Or just stuffing into the CPU.

You sigh, but....
"Yeah." You nod. "I suppose that I'll have to do something with it." You accept the Touhouball, and fasten it to your belt to make it easier to carry. "So." You look around, the simple gesture indicating the missing town around you. "What do we do now? Head back?"

Reisen considers the situation. You could head back now, but it's night out which means that stronger touhoumon will be out in force. Or you could try and camp here for the night.

[ ] Camp out.
[ ] Head back to town.
[ ] PHONE-A-FRIEND
- Who?
[ ] HELLO 911

No. 168785
[X] Camp out.
Nothing could possibly go wrong.
No. 168786
[x] Camp Out!
-[x] Let's do some reading about that thing we got in our balls. Pull up the Dex!
No. 168787
[X] HELLO 911
[X] Head back to town.

Inform the authorities of what's happened right away.

However, that's no reason for you to sit tight. Start scooting your arse back to said authorities with your precious cargo ASAP.

And if you should fail to arrive, they'll know where you were, and can send a search party or something. Hell, if they're so inclined, they can meet you halfway with an escort, but that might be overkill.
No. 168792
[x] Camp Out!
-[x] Let's do some reading about that thing we got in our balls. Pull up the Dex!

Yeah, this is a good plan. Playing it safe, while also learning about the Keine we just captured.

So, lesson learned: explore an area fully before going after the Boss. Duly noted.

Also: what the hell do we do with that messed up Keine? Turn her over to the authorities? Try to reason with her?
No. 168793
[X] Camp Out!
-[X] Let's do some reading about that thing we got in our balls. Pull up the Dex!

Insane-o-Keine get! ...I guess.
No. 168794
[X] HELLO 911
[X] Head back to town.

No sense taking any unnecessary risks. With that Keine on hand, we're probably making ourselves more of a target to the sort of ne'er-do-wells that like roaming around away from civilization and trying to make eye contact with sub-drinking-age kids.

And, yes, I do want to get that poor Keine some psychiatric help.
No. 168796
[X]Scan the ball

It may help us help her, and we have all the time in the world right now.
No. 168799
[x] Camp Out!
-[x] Let's do some reading about that thing we got in our balls. Pull up the Dex!

It's either this or fight our way through god knows what is out in that forest.

Lesser of two evils . . I hope.

>>168794
Going through the forest is kinda risky too.

This whole little arc reminds me of an old Pokemon anime episode in Johto. An old Ninetails (like centuries old) mistook Brock for her previous owner and got VERY possessive.
No. 168801
[x] Camp Out!
-[x] Let's do some reading about that thing we got in our balls. Pull up the Dex!
No. 168802
[x] Camp Out!
-[x] Let's do some reading about that thing we got in our balls. Pull up the Dex!

But I want to keep this Keine. This is the sort of Touhlumon that would be committed or jailed, maybe even killed, since no one can help her. Except us, because protagonist good guy Plot Device.
No. 168803
>>168792
Definetly. Exploration first.

[X] HELLO 911
[X] Head back to town.
No. 168808
[x] Camp out.

Did we catch a Ghost Keine or the CKeine from the dream? Is there still one hanging around?
No. 168810
[x] Camp Out!
-[x] Let's do some reading about that thing we got in our balls. Pull up the Dex!
No. 168816
[x] Camp Out!
-[x] Let's do some reading about that thing we got in our balls. Pull up the Dex!

Awesome. Maybe we can command the Keine when we get more badges? Is that a mechanic in this? In any case, don't let her out unless we have backup.
No. 168818
>>168816

Hmm, I doubt it. For one, Shadowmon don't really operate under the normal rules of listening. They listen to you when they like you or they were trained specifically to listen to you as a Shadowmon. So if we're keeping the Keine, well, we have a Long and dangerous trial ahead of us.
No. 168824
[x] Camp Out
Should be enough SPOOKY MAGICS left to scare off the wild 'mons for a while. But at the same time...
[x] HELLO 911
halp

Also it would be really great if you posted a link to the new thread at the end of the old one.
And a link to the old one(s) at the start of the new one.
No. 168831
[x] Camp Out!
-[x] Let's do some reading about that thing we got in our balls. Pull up the Dex!

>>168792
Reason is a valid option, but not a very likely one. Keine has showings of being Fell and there's no telling if she even responds to reason at all. Let's just keep her in the ball for now and figure out what to with her later.
No. 168832
>>168831

Absolutely. I mean long-term. Is there somewhere we can contain her, and try to talk to her while she's safely restrained? Is this Keine salvageable, or a total write-off?
No. 168844
It's also possible that the Keine is a Varient.

I'm not saying it is, just that it's possible.
No. 168846
>>168831
too soon to say considering things.

>>168844
That too.

[X] Camp Out!
-[X] Let's do some reading about that thing we got in our balls. Pull up the Dex!

I think Mima was right in that the two would had info about things and thus we would have been prepared for the Keine. Hopefully this will serve as a lesson for later events (this being /th/, that's not likely)
No. 168891
[X]PHONE-A-FRIEND
-[X]Those casuals.

You know, we /do/ have contacts. At this point it's kind of a toss-up between the casuals and Chester, and I'm still not one-hundred percent sure as to who to call. Chester is no doubt rather strong, and friendly so long as Nebosa doesn't go digging about in his business, and can probably pop up rather quick to escort him back to town. He might even be able to tell him (or confirm for him) what's wrong with the Keine he just caught. There's just the little issue of trust.

Those casuals might be easy to get out there too, since Nebosa not only solved the mystery of the Abandoned Village but also caught the Keine responsible for said mystery to begin with. They might try to talk Nebosa out of working with that Keine (and they wouldn't be entirely wrong either since she has a lifetime's worth of trauma and unresolved issues to work through), but wouldn't necessarily take her.

Getting the police out here would be the safest option yet, but we'd lose the Keine by default since she's so dangerous.
No. 168979
[x] Camp out.
No. 168998
[x] Camp out.

I have high hopes for this vote
No. 169153
You guys still around?
No. 169186
>>169153

Yes, we are here. Terribly sorry for the large delay but CIRCUMSTANCES came up and led to our schedules becoming incompatible for a short time. We should be back to normal soon.
No. 169233
File 137018928448.jpg - (10.63KB , 135x135 , Keine Tiny Picture.jpg ) [iqdb]
169233
"It..." You hesitate. "It would probably be for the best if we didn't risk the hike back to town in the dark." You decide wisely. "Let's set up camp."

Reisen nods determinedly at you once, apparently accept your commands without complaint for now as she hops up and yanks your bag off of your back and hauls it over to where Mima is celebrating, making it entirely evident just what you're expected to do while they work together.

Mima turns to Reisen and, after a moments consideration, agrees to help set up the campsite as long as they follow feng shui. Reisen’s ears twitch in annoyance as she suggests that perhaps more practical matters should take precedence, like field of view.

…You should probably just leave them to it.

WIth a sigh, you dig out your Tablet, and begin to work your way through the menus again. "...I could help..." you grumble, dissatisfied that they're doing everything themselves.

Well let's see her. Your tablet has a relaxing picture of a grassy knoll with a bright blue sky as a backdrop as you look over all the fancys apps you have.

...Which isn't that many, you suspect.

Let's see here. You've got a phone, a map, a radio, that thing that keeps track of all your stuff for you so you know how many potions and the like you have, a camera app, an app management app, a dictionary, an app store app, a thesaurus, an almanac, and a whole lot of general information applications.

Also yuTunes.

And your Touhoudex and Scanning applications.

...Actually that's kind of a lot, isn't it?

You open your touhoudex first, looking up Keines, hoping to get an idea of just what was up with all of that, quickly cycling through your touhoudex index, sliding down a long list of general species before...let's see.

Kosuzu, Koishi, Konngara...Oh here's Keine!

...

Keine, the Schoolmarm type touhoumon. Keine's are noted for being one of the most naturally human friendly species of touhoumon in the world, if not the most naturally human friendly species period. Keine's are naturally drawn to human settlements and will defend them without needing to be captured. However, this doesn't mean that a wild Keine is perfectly safe, as they're still prone to the same instincts and wants as any other touhoumon. Keine are especially fond of children and use the knowledge they’re naturally born with and a knack for education to teach them, which is where they earned their description. Though disciplinary measures vary, all known Keine variants are shown to find the prospect of permanently harming a child horrific, and all of them have a tendency to dislike the idea of causing them pain.

"...That." You consider the touhouball where the Keine is now held. "That doesn't seem quite right."

You open up the scanning application, trying to find out if it's possible to scan a Touhoumon if it's still in a ball.

...Unfortunately, it looks like you can't connect to the touhouball for data right now since it's busy running the mental conditioning cycle on the Keine you just captured. It won't be possible for you to scan her until the cycle is complete, and...it's not sure when it will be if you’re reading this right. Something’s making the process take even longer than normal.

....Well. That certainly puts a damper on any hopes you had of getting any more information soon. Unless you let the Keine out, of course, but....

That seems like a horrible idea.

You're fairly confident that your inner Reisen is telling you that letting her out now in mid-cycle would be an awful plan. Your inner Mima agrees, and your inner Yukari says you should do something more interesting or go take a nap.

With a sigh, you lower your tablet, and head over to check on Mima and Reisen's progress with camp.

The Camp seems to be well on it sway to being set up, with the fire ready and the outlines of everything down. Unfortunately, now Reisen and Mima are arguing over placement of the tent. Reisen wants to place it in one spot for an 'optimal view' while Mima wants to place it over here for it to provice an optimal view.

You join the conversation. "Well, what's the difference?" you wonder. "If both are the best view...?"

The both of them snap at you for not understanding the situation. It seems like Reisen wants to place the tent where you'll be able to see all the threats most easily, while Mima wants to place it in the spot where it will look the best and be in balance with the rest of the campsite.

You drop your face into your hands. Of course. "Reisen's choice is more reasonable." You groan. "So let's go with that."

Mima pauses before drooping in abject despair as Reisen vaguely smugly sets up the tent where she wanted to, happy that you've seen logic and reason and followed her directions. Mima floats despodently around the area, rearranging everything else so that it doesn't 'clash'.

You head over to console Mima, patting the despondent ghost empathetically. "Maybe next time." You offer, with a small smile.

Mima stares forlornly up at you, eyes wide and full of tears unshed as her lip quivers despodently. She was so looking forward to that, you know. So happy to get to decorate the campsite and make it ever so stylish and cool, almost as much as she was! But now…

...Now she has nothing, not even your approval! Oh if only she could have something to raise her feelings, and fill this empty spot in her stomach. Woe is her!

You sigh, shaking your head with a grin. Of course. "So, that's what you want, huh?" You dig out the TouhouSnacks that you'd purchased back in town. "Well, I suppose it'd be fine..."

She snaps hers up out of your hand with a victorious cry and proceeds to make a victory lap around you, cheering happily at her glorious gift from the heavens and her just reward for having slewn the vile and monstrous beast who would have had her way with you.

With little ceremony, she tears open her package and begins to eat it noisily, letting out increasingly happy noises that make you feel a touch uncomfortable with her reaction as she talks about how it’s so good and sweet and oh lordy.

A rift in space opens up near your hands and Yukari's arm passes through and snags her treat, dragging it back through the portal. You can hear her start to eat from her position atop your head as she quietly voices her approval...in a way that starts to make you feel increasingly uncomfortable. ‘It’ is getting all over apparently.

Reisen meanwhile is...patiently waiting, her eyes locked onto your feet as her ears twitch with anticipation. It looks like she has the camping tent all set up.

Glad for an excuse to distract yourself from the commotion atop your skull, you produce Reisen's treat, offering it to her with a smile and a word of thanks.

Reisen takes the treat from you happily and unwraps it happily and carefully before beginning to savor her treat in...

...in a way that makes you feel very, very uncomfortable. At least she doesn't seem to be doing it on purpose as she gingerly enjoys and savors your gift, but still.

It's like you getting a surround sound experience of them eating things and making...[/i]noises[/i]

It makes you rather uncomfortable, you have to admit. You look down at the meal bar in your hand. In fact...

CHOICES

[ ] You’re just gonna go eat…over there. Away from this situation.

[ ] TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME, or maybe four can play since there’s more than two people in your group.
No. 169235
[x] TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME.

If we don't get poisoned for eating Boneka food, that's one more proof supporting that theory about us being the son of a Sakuya.

Also, is it just me or Reisen, Mima and Yukari are slowly becoming a sort of physical-angels-and-devils-in-our-shoulders Freudian trio?
No. 169236
[X] You’re just gonna go eat…over there. Away from this situation.
NOPE.jpg
Random encounter chance option?
No. 169237
[x] TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME.

We already know what happens when we go alone for EVERYTHING.
No. 169238
>Something's making the process take longer than normal

Abnormal mental conditions would do that.

Anywho, I got nothing right at the moment aside from chibis making sensual noises while eating might be a tad uncomfortable for Nebosa. Though once his partners evolve, he's going to have to buckle down and get used to it~

[X] You’re just gonna go eat…over there. Away from this situation.

Nebosa has CYukari the head ornament anyway, so sitting away from the surround sound tastegasm should be okay. Aw, who am I kidding. This option is asking for trouble.
No. 169239
[ ] You’re just gonna go eat…over there. Away from this situation.
No. 169240
[x] You’re just gonna go eat…over there. Away from this situation.

Might as well try to get away, even if it'll just make things worse.
No. 169241
[x] TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME.

Oh god yes.
No. 169242
File 137019809995.jpg - (398.95KB , 1405x2000 , Imizu Reisen.jpg ) [iqdb]
169242
[X] You’re just gonna go eat…over there. Away from this situation.

Just what did they put in that stuff?

>>169235
You mean the id-ego-superego trio? Great, now I'm imagining Reisen as Spock (Imizu's design, see pic), Mima as a self-absorbed McCoy and Yukari as a sleepy Captain Kirk.
No. 169245
[ ] TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME, or maybe four can play since there’s more than two people in your group.
No. 169247
[x] TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME, or maybe four can play since there’s more than two people in your group.
No. 169248
[x] TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME, or maybe four can play since there’s more than two people in your group.
No. 169249
[x]Four can play at this game!
No. 169251
[X] TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME, or maybe four can play since there’s more than two people in your group.

Also:
>mental conditioning cycle

Huh? So we'll eventually be able to have this Keine on our team? Neat.

I'm kinda glad she's going to be around... she might have a troubled past or something.
No. 169252
[x] TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME, or maybe four can play since there’s more than two people in your group.

He'll show them. Oh yes he will.
No. 169255
[ ] TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME, or maybe four can play since there’s more than two people in your group.
No. 169257
[X] TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME, or maybe four can play since there’s more than two people in your group.

What's with all the bland votes? At least comment on the recent post, like are touhousnacks even edible for humans?
No. 169259
>>169257

Fair enough. I am liking Mima more and more with every update. Between her childish exuberance, and her desire for approval, there's just something so compelling about her.
No. 169261
Just stumbled across this, pretty cool. But it's not in the Story List.

Did the other threads drop off the board, or are they kept somewhere?

and [x]TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME.

The only option.
No. 169262
[x]TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME.

EMBARASSING HIJINKS ARE A GO!
No. 169263
>>169261

No, they're still there on the next page.
No. 169264
>>169257
Man I know less about Touhoumon than I do Pokemon though this story is pushing me toward looking into playing the former.

Oh, yeah.
[X] TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME, or maybe four can play since there’s more than two people in your group.

He should show them what it sounds like when a man appreciates his food.
No. 169265
>>169264
I tried to download it myself but the Touhouwiki article is a mess. I've literally no idea what to download.

Anyway,
[X] You’re just gonna go eat…over there. Away from this situation.
Nope.avi.edu.png.gov.com
No. 169268
[X] TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME, or maybe four can play since there’s more than two people in your group.

Because group eating is safe eating!
No. 169270
[x] TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME, or maybe four can play since there’s more than two people in your group.
No. 169271
[X] TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME, or maybe four can play since there’s more than two people in your group.

OM NOM NOM
No. 169272
[X] You’re just gonna go eat…over there. Away from this situation.

>>169265
Try this one http://lkaexe.supersanctuary.net/thmnemer18/, it's pretty good and balanced but grindy.
No. 169273
>>169272
Sorry, it gives me a 404

Gridny? Well i don't like that, but it's s small price to pay for balance I guess.
No. 169277
>>169273
http://lkaexe.supersanctuary.net/thmn18eng/
No. 169279
>>169233

[ ] TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME, or maybe four can play since there’s more than two people in your group.

Silly Nebosa, there's nothing weird about Touhoumon gulping and slurping their beloved trainer's treats while moaning in delight.
No. 169284
[X] You’re just gonna go eat…over there. Away from this situation.

>>169251
I very much doubt that it's going to be that easy to get Keine on our team. If there's already this 'mental conditioning cycle' in place when we capture them, why are Fell 'mons still a problem?
No. 169286
>>169272
>>169273

Whoops sorry, the comma messed it up.

http://lkaexe.supersanctuary.net/thmnemer18/
This is the Emerald Version

>>169277
Is the Fire Red Version.
No. 169288
>>169284
it's likely too much for even the touhoumon balls to undo, and the reason why Keine's taking so long is the parent death trauma she experienced.

I have a link to jpn 1.53 and some stuff that more or less translates the important stuff and has some useful stuff, anyone want it?
No. 169295
[X] You’re just gonna go eat…over there. Away from this situation.
No. 169298
[X] TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME, or maybe four can play since there’s more than two people in your group.

It's on.
No. 169306
>>169284
Well I don't expect her to immediately start following orders, but I was hoping that the mental conditioning would at least allow us to have her out of the ball without her attacking us, running away, etc.
No. 169317
>>169265
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/n4g8daox8zcz1kg,u6ubod0f86kwn7n/shared

If you don't mind it being in japanese, here's the original 1.53 with some files to go with it. As far as its balance goes, it's pretty good unlike a few english version which has Stage 6 or extra 'mon catchable rather early on. (Later stage 'mons are stronger than early game ones, but lower stage ones are still pretty good if ev-trained the right way)
No. 169318
[X] You’re just gonna go eat…over there. Away from this situation.
No. 169339
Reisen continues being great.
Can we pet her on the head for being so sensible?
I want to pet her on the head.

Anyway...
Which one would lead to a 'Bad' End?

For now, I'm going to vote for this
[X] TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME, or maybe four can play since there’s more than two people in your group.

Because the idea of him continuing to be flustered by the actions of his girls appeals to me.
No. 169341
>mental conditioning

Not sure that brainwashing is the best thing for this traumatized touhoumon, but there's no going back now.

I gotta ask: What's the difference between touhoumons and humans in this fic? Because they're intelligent, humanoid, and can apparently breed with humans if the "sakuya mom" theory is correct.

I have a hard time seeing them as intelligent animals that are okay to capture from the wild. Especially considering the NReisen rose to a respectable position without ever having been captured.
No. 169343
>>169341

Well, this realization took longer than I was hoping for, but you're certainly in the right mindset now. The mons Nebosa has encountered (and have been raped by in bad ends)are indeed intelligent and are most likely capable of interbreeding with humans. (Though Nebosa himself most likely isn't a result of this.)

Meaning that yes, it is wiser to treat them with respect and not like thoughtless puppets who only exist to serve you. THAT GUY pretty much showcased what happens when you try to think like that.

As for feeling unsure about capturing wild mons? Well, don't. Wild mons seem less able to deny their instincts than people are, which means that quite a few species are perfectly happy to capture any person they find specifically to rape them. Of course, there are people who go out specifically to get kidnapped for this. It strikes me that if humans didn't learn to capture and tame Touhoumon, odds are good it would have been wiped out long ago by having their gene pool be literally absorbed into the mon's.
No. 169347
>>169341
I'm getting the impression the touhouball was a last resort. Perhaps if we looked through the town and learned about her, we might not had to use it.
No. 169351
I have to wonder where Touhoumon come from.

I mean, can they only reproduce with humans? Can they reproduce somehow with one another? Are they cloned in a facility somewhere? Or do they just pop into existence in the wild?

Damn, this is gonna bug me...
No. 169352
>>169351

Futa touhoumon
No. 169353
>>169352

Why oh why did I ask...?
No. 169354
>>169351
Well, depends. Some of the Touhoumon games make it clear that they're just dolls; made by one of the wizards (usually Marisa) that have gone wild. In others they're actually real creatures that can, presumably mate. Really funny in the games where there what amounts to traps (because a male chibi Reisen, for example looks no different from a female)
No. 169356
>>169351
They rub on each other until fluids are secreted and absorbed by both, and both deliver new 'mons.

>>169343
>raped
>bad ends

Its like you don't know us at all.

>wild vs. intelligent
If being left in the wild and developing an animalistic intelligence is the sole divider, then they're absolutely identical to humans because that's what happens to us. There's been a handful of "wild child" cases, and they all grow up pretty much as you'd expect: Wild and instinctive, but curious.

Wonder why there hasn't been an identity crisis amongst the people yet.
No. 169357
>>169341
There's always going back, especially when it comes to brainwashing.
No. 169358
I've downloaded the touhoumon FR and pokemon FR for GBA emulator, but I dunno exactly what to do with them. I open up the FR, but how do I "apply the touhoumon patch?"
No. 169359
>>169358
It should have come with a IPS patch file.

Go here http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lips/index.html to get the patcher.

The process is easy, it will first have you direct it to the patch file, then the .gba file (Don't forget to back it up first just in case something fucks up.), and then it will work it's magic and you're set.
No. 169361
>>169359
Do I need to do that every time I load the rom, or just once?
No. 169362
>get touhoumon emerald working
>are you bold or calm?
>forced to be a girl

I don't like this.
No. 169363
>>169362
>Implying there's been a male character in any modern version of touhoumon.

Sure there's Renko but to say she's boy would be insulting.
No. 169364
>>169361
Just once, the patch is permanent. So be sure to back up the .gba file before messing with it.
No. 169365
>>169362
>not wanting to be the little girl
No. 169366
>>169365
>Wanting to be the little girl.

Well shit! I didn't know Moot was into Touhou!
No. 169367
>>169363
The fire-red version gives you the traditional boy/girl option.

>>169364
>implying I'm ever going back to playing pokemon after seeing this masterpiece
No. 169368
File 137040654976.jpg - (81.32KB , 600x450 , mootandzun.jpg ) [iqdb]
169368
>>169366
No need to be bitter, now.
No. 169369
>>169368
Just look at moot. What a smug asshole. He knows exactly which 2hu zun wud fq.
No. 169372
>169367

only in the earlier versions

I'm sure theres a red patch floating around somewhere anyway for jp 1.82 for the guy who desperately wants to play as a girl.

Renko makes for a very dashing female though.

I don't follow the story because I'm petty and blatantly calling out the protag's shota-maleness rubs me the wrong way when it can be ambiguous but I really like the touhoumon games, Keep up the good work OP
No. 169373
>>169372
for original Jpn 1.82 there are two patches: one as Maribel and the other Renko. This is done because the rival is the other girl. In the previous official version, 1.53, Gary/whatever his japanese name is was still the rival.
No. 169374
File 137043801132.png - (79.06KB , 542x544 , 1368109737138.png ) [iqdb]
169374
>>169372
Well, be fair.

Without the blatant shota-maleness, the porn wouldn't be any good and there'd be hardly any reason to be such a quivering bowl of delicious uncertainty and submission.

If it weren't for all the shota-rape and ending of youth, why would I even bother writing, after all.
(hyperbole.)
No. 169375
File 137044161581.jpg - (1.21MB , 1200x900 , Kagerou Two Wolf Moon.jpg ) [iqdb]
169375
Well. These meal bars you got may not be as WONDERFULLY DELICIOUS or INCREDIBLY NUTRITIOUS as Yakumo Corp. TouhoumonSnax, but you won't lose!

You begin your own 'meal', making sure to vocalise just, uh. How much you WISH you were enjoying this!

You make a wide variety of noises about how much you're enjoying, or really wish you were, this meal bar is. You even go so far in as to suck on it a little bit and throw in some noises you'd heard from your neighbors houses a few times when you were passing by them. Mmmmyessss...

Mima has stopped mid-bite and is staring at you with wide eyes, a flush slowly spreading on his face as she focuses on you with rapt attention, eyes never leaving you as you makes small, strange noises. Reisen is...actually in much the same boat. Her eyes are wide(er than normal), and her ears are fully erect as she stares at you as well.

Yukari makes a strange keening noise and falls off of your head, hitting the ground with a thump. It looks like you've won this round.

You smirk at them, confident, for once, in your complete and total victory. Awwww, Yeah.

From the woods, you distantly hear something. A howl...?

Mima's eyes widen further as she mutters and expletive, quickly hopping up off of the ground and flying off to do something. Reisen immediately puts on her game face and runs next to you, pulling you down so you're kneeling next to her while watching the area around you, her head constantly on a swivel.

Even Yukari gets back up and on top of your head to do...something.

...Soon enough, Mima comes flying back out of the darkness and hurries over to Reisen, the two of them sharing a fastpaced and quiet conversation that you have a touch of trouble keeping up with. Numbers and positions? What are they talking about, football?

"...What's going on?" You ask, slightly nervous, as you look around yourself, trying to see...well, anything.

Reisen speaks to you in a hushed whisper. Apparently they thought you would be fine to camp here given that most mon seemed to avoid the area, but your noises...well, the noises you made had the bad luck to get carried on the wind to sensitive ears. Apparently from what Mima says more than a few touhou are coming to investigate now. Reisen sems to specifically avoids giving you any set numbers, if you’re guessing right.

Mima is flying about quickly, making sure all your most vital equipment is in one spot and easy for you to grab and go if it comes down to that.

Even you think you can hear it now. Whispers on the wind, hungry words full of ill intent. Every shadow you see now seems as though it hides a monster from you.

"...Um." ...more than a few? That's, uh. Really not good. Really not good at all. Even ifthey're all as weak and easily dissuaded as the ones back home, if there are too many of them...

You feel a strange wave of pressure atop your head before a colored ripple flies past your vision and into the darkness, exploding somewhere out there with impressive force. That explosion is accompanied by cries of shock, surprise and pain. They're already that close!?

Mima snarls something crude and shoves the bugout bag into your hands while she, Reisen and Yukari take up positions to protect you.

Now you're certain you can hear them. Those hushed whispers of ill intent coming from all around you. How did it go this bad this quickly.

You take the bag with numb fingers. They're moving fast, and... "....We should, um...." You hesitate, uncertain.

Reisen informs you that you can't go much anywhere as it stands, there's a gauntlet of them out there, all pouring out of the tall grass and the woods around you. This is...this is like that time you saw on the television where they showed just how powerful that touhoumon bait and attract stuff was! Isn't it supposed to be rare for-

"Finally..." A husky voice speaks from the darkness, seemingly coming from nowhere. "I've been waiting for so long for someone to deal with that strumpet. So then, you're the one hmm? How strange, you don't really look like much. Cute, certainly, but not strong.""

"Then again, maybe you didn't do much at all? After all, you certainly have something of a collection, don't you human?" The voice asks,"So many strong servants, and none of them smell like this land."

Mima shifts nervously, eyeing the shadows and trying to pick out just where the voice is coming from. Reisen...simply waits as always, even as you watch her ears twitch this way and that subtly, trying to pick up on the voice and locate it.

"Oh, how rude of me." The voice remarks,"I haven't even introduced myself properly." Then, she steps into the light of your campfire.

"Well..." She spreads her hands wide, red clawed digits glinting ominously,"What do you think, boy? Do you like what you see?"

Dark red hair and wolfish ears sit atop her head, and feral red eyes regard you as she smiles at you, showing off her sharp canines. She wears a strange red, white and black dress that covers most of her body.

"...Uh." You say, as you take an abortive step back. "Um, hello?" You try. It's a Kagerou! Evolved, even. This might be a liiiittle bit more of a problem than you thought.

"Oh, hello to you to." She grins, taking a step towards you only to stop when Mima and Reisen immediately put themselves between you and her.
"My, the two of you really need to think things through. Maybe you'd be able to beat me." She admits to you all,"But there are more touhoumon here than just me. Do you really think you can beat all of them and keep yourbeloved boy safe?" She asks them.

Reisen simply nods. Yes, she does.

Kagerou simply laughs in response,"Well then, why don't we put that confidence to the test?" She asks, running her tongue over those sharp teeth and flexing one hand as the claws on it lengthen suddenly, gleaming like knives in the dark.

You take a step back, putting a little distance between yourself and the imminent fight.

...This is bad, this is bad...

CHOICES

[ ] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!

[ ] QUICK ACT FAST AND TACKLE HER GO GO GO.

[ ] Okay…you need to make evasive maneuvers and get out of the way and somewhere safe while Mima and Reisen handle things.

[ ] Don’t do anything. Don’t move. Don’t even breathe. Don’t fuck this up.
No. 169377
I'm going to assume that this is the Keine ball, yeah? I'd like to add something to the plan, though;
[X] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!
--[X] Threaten Kagerou and the other mons with releasing her, rather than actually immediately doing it. A threat might be enough to get them to step off.
No. 169378
Option 2 & 3 are certainly Bad End guarantee.
4 is just buying time, which is also Not Good.
So...
[x] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!
No. 169382
[X] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!
--[X] Threaten Kagerou and the other mons with releasing her, rather than actually immediately doing it. A threat might be enough to get them to step off.
-[x] If it isn't, use it
No. 169383
[X] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!
--[X] Threaten Kagerou and the other mons with releasing her, rather than actually immediately doing it. A threat might be enough to get them to step off.
-[x] If it isn't, use it
No. 169384
As >>169378 said, options two and three are very likely bad ends. Option two is throwing ourselves to the wolves. Option three seems like a pretty sensible choice, but Kagerou bringing friends along makes this just as risky as tackling her; high risk and very little returns. We don't know how many she brought, who they are, and if they have many more others lying in wait. Fleeing into night is foolish.

[x] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!

I don't know about this, but I don't see much value in standing around.

>>169382
Threatening to use it is one thing, but actually releasing it is quite another. We do not want to deal with both an Keine and Kagerou at full moon.
No. 169386
[X] Okay…you need to make evasive maneuvers and get out of the way and somewhere safe while Mima and Reisen handle things.

Threatening to release Fell Keine and have her maul the pack is all fine and dandy, but what if Kagerou calls Nebosa's bluff, so to speak? Then he has to let a sociopathic/psychotic out of her ball before she has a chance to properly cool down over being caught and ripped out of her self-built cage.

Sure, this might let her vent on the pack of mons around Nebosa, but at the same time he might not be able to recall her or get her back in. Which means he'd have to have CReisen, CMima, and CYukari do their thing again if she's not willing to play nice. Which is quite likely at this point, since he's had a whopping zero chances to make nice with her since catching her.

The other thing I find amusing is how you guys seem to be immediately dismissing Nebosa's girls as being unable to deal with this. You know, the level50+ CReisen who took a scratch at worst against that Seiga, and CMima, who can use Master Spark to nuke things.

You know, little things like that.

And you guys just had to vote to out-lewd the girls when Nebosa is basically touhoumon bait.
No. 169387
[X] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!
--[X] Threaten Kagerou and the other mons with releasing her, rather than actually immediately doing it. A threat might be enough to get them to step off.
-[X] If it isn't, use it.

Crazy Keine option, because everything else doesn't look particularly promising.
No. 169388
>>169386
I don't doubt the girls' abilities to protect themselves, but can the same be said about Nebosa?
No. 169389
[X]Take your remaining Touhoumon snacks, and show them for Kagerou and the rest of wild Touhoumon to see clearly.
-[X]"These are Super Ultra Mega Deluxe Premium Quality Snacks! You must be drooling just from the nice smell already, but I bet you don't know how really tasty they are! They melt in your mouth and flood your tongue with an exquisite flurry of heavenly flavors! Just ask my companions here! You want them? Last one standing gets them all!"
--[X]Throw them in the air.
---[X]Watch Run away while they fight between themselves.

If they are hungry, this should buy us enough time for us. Unless they are hungry for another kind of snack.

If that doesn't work, I guess I'll tag along with the bandwagon:

[X] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!
--[X] Threaten Kagerou and the other mons with releasing her, rather than actually immediately doing it. A threat might be enough to get them to step off.
-[X] If it isn't, use it.
No. 169390
>>169388

You forget that Nebosa still has his shiny CYukari head ornament to protect him.

>>169389

...

They were drawn in by Nebosa making lewd sounds. They most likely want to rape him. Repeatedly. I don't think offering food is going to help.
No. 169392
[X] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!
--[X] Threaten Kagerou and the other mons with releasing her, rather than actually immediately doing it. A threat might be enough to get them to step off.
-[X] If it isn't, use it.

Best plan I've seen so far. It reminds me of that scene in Ghostbusters where the hotel owner doesn't want to pay for service rendered, and they basically say "It's pretty easy to put this thing back where we found it."
No. 169394
[x] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!
--[x] Threaten Kagerou and the other mons with releasing her, rather than actually immediately doing it. A threat might be enough to get them to step off.
-[x] If it isn't, use it.

This ball of mine is glowing red?

>[ ] QUICK ACT FAST AND TACKLE HER GO GO GO.
This is very tempting. If it leads where it seems to you should do it for the /at/ thread anyway.
No. 169398
[x] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!
--[x] Threaten Kagerou and the other mons with releasing her, rather than actually immediately doing it. A threat might be enough to get them to step off.
-[x] If it isn't, use it.

From the sound of things, Keine and her are natural enemies or close to it, hopefully this is a sign that whatever mental condition is done.

I doubt she's exactly a fell Keine
No. 169399
>>169398

I just... Are you glossing over all the evidence that contradicts what you just said? I'd really like to know how you managed to reach the conclusion that a girl who watched her mother die, lived alone for Shinki-knows how long ever since, built up a cage around herself so she doesn't have to go out into the world, and likely trapped dozens of unlucky travelers over the years in her cage with her to stave off her loneliness didn't wind up with enough mental trauma to go Fell.
No. 169400
[x] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!
--[x] Threaten Kagerou and the other mons with releasing her, rather than actually immediately doing it. A threat might be enough to get them to step off.
--[x] Motion for Reisen keep an eye out for any way to escape this mess safely.
---[x] If it isn't enough to get them to back down, and there's no way out, use it.

Alternately, maybe Reisen and Yukari could do something to scurry us down a rabbit hole and/or gap. Hm.
No. 169403
Yukari Gap out!

But yea, 10 bucks on the fact that these touhoumon are the same touhoumon that killed Keine's mom.
No. 169405
[X] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!

It sounds like our Keine has some history with the Kagero. If she joins the fight, Keine will have a target for her anger and may start to respect Nebosa. If the rest of the team backs her up, she will understand the value of working with our team. When the fight is won (not if, as the Kagero's words hint that Keine is stronger), Nebosa may be able to talk to Keine more and secure her loyalty.

On a side note, is it possible that completing the mental conditioning would remove any of the benefits of Keine's fell status? That would be another reason to release her now.
No. 169407
[X] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!

THIS BALL OF MINE IS GLOWING RED!
ITS LOUD ROAR TELLS ME TO GRASP VICTORY!
TAKE THIS!
ITS LOVE
ITS SORROW
AND ALL OF ITS ANGER!

CRAZY KEINE HEADBUTT!

>>169390

It's not rape if you're willing~!
No. 169408
>>169405
I dunno if Keine is fell. She's definitely off in the head, but to get a fell you really have to work them over.

Keine watched her mother die and lived in isolation. That's bad, but not torturous.

Oh yeah:
[X] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!
No. 169409
>>169405

...Well, you've got the right idea at least. I'd like to point out that Fell Keine would most likely not be that easy to cure. To put it in simple terms, think of Fell Keine as the Shadow Metagross or Shadow Tyranitar one can catch in Pokemon Colosseum. While their situations are obviously different, both of the Pokemon I mentioned took forever to actually purify. It wasn't just one or two massages and bam, it took dozens of fights, tons of walking, and lots of cologne massages just to get it to where you could start unlocking its non-shadow moves.

Basically, do not assume that helping Fell Keine here is going to be a quick and easy job. This will take time, and I should point out she's probably still pissed off at Nebosa for ripping her out of her comfort zone.

>>169408

Are you real?

I mean, seriously. Think about what you just said.

A little girl watches her mother get brutally torn apart by what amount to wild animals. Losing one's mother is the type of shit that caused people like Asuka from NGE to be the pain in the asses that they are. That by its lonesome.

Now, toss in enough time for her to become this feared, ungodly monster. A process that likely took decades, considering that the Abandoned Village was abandoned a long time ago. During which she had no other company aside from other wild mons, wild mons she likely held a grudge against.

Meaning she was without a mother to love, protect, and guide her that entire time. As I said before, she's running on instinct and a heavily warped and twisted viewpoint.

Now she got so strong that she could recreate the village she used to live in and keep it in an unnaturally pristine condition. She created this perfect snapshot of her past to live in, unable to move on from what happened to her.

And you're saying that this is just bad.

Even after seeing her crazy firsthand. After seeing her yandere and sociopathic tendencies.

I guess it's true how you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.
No. 169410
[X] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!
--[X] Threaten Kagerou and the other mons with releasing her, rather than actually immediately doing it. A threat might be enough to get them to step off.
-[X] If it isn't, use it.

I've got a Keine and I'm not afraid to use it!
No. 169412
>>169408

Whoops. I meant variant, not fell. The personality deviations at least show that much.
No. 169413
File 137048559744.jpg - (129.26KB , 593x647 , No-fun-allowed.jpg ) [iqdb]
169413
[x] QUICK ACT FAST AND TACKLE HER GO GO GO.
>people trying to avoid the 'bad' ends
No. 169414
>Mima has stopped mid-bite and is staring at you with wide eyes, a flush slowly spreading on his face as she focuses on you with rapt attention, eyes never leaving you as you makes small, strange noises. Reisen is...actually in much the same boat. Her eyes are wide(er than normal), and her ears are fully erect as she stares at you as well.

>Yukari makes a strange keening noise and falls off of your head, hitting the ground with a thump.

This was funny especially Yukari's reaction.
No. 169422
>>169409
From the previous thread:

However, also of note are the 'Hidden' Variants, most of which are either born of human interference or perhaps simply go unnoticed in the wild. In these cases, generally the only immediately identifiable abnormality lies in the Touhoumon's personality, which is often sharply distorted, if it bears any resemblance to the original's at all.

This can lead to quite a lot of trouble if a Trainer stumbles across an unfamiliar breed of Touhoumon, and mistakes a Hidden Variant for the True line. Unfortunately, there are quite a few dangerous Variants that are also Hidden, so one must exercise caution with strangely-acting Touhoumon.

For more information on Hidden Variants, and their causes, please refer to the late Professor Christopher M. Rock's final treatise; "Don't Beat Them Bitches: An Analysis of the Latent Traumas Involved in the Physical and Mental Mistreatment of Touhoumon".

This author post suggests that extreme duress can create wildly different personalities. For instance, a very aggressive and dominating Keine.

Contrast with:

'Evil' or 'Fell' touhoumon are almost entirely uniquely not wild touhoumon, or at least not originally. They are the result of touhoumon that have been so cruelly treated that their experiences have warped them not just emotionally or mentally, but even physically to some extent. It has indeed been documented and shown that these 'evil/fell' variants are just that, an entirely different variant evolution with everything that implies. 'Evil/Fell' variants of touhoumon are without a doubt one of the greatest, if not THE greatest threat a trainer can potentially face. They are cruel, vicious and have a naturally higher tendency towards aggression and predation on humans.

Once more, it is absolutely vital for your safety that you DO NOT attempt to interact or engage these dangerous specimen. They are a danger to both themselves and all others around them. Don't try to be a hero and attempt to soothe their wounded heart with your love, this will almost certainly result in a terrible, painful fate. Even after they've been captured by a touhouball and processed a 'Fell/Dark' variant cannot truly be called tamed as it has been shown that their unusual mental state makes them extremely resistant to any known mental conditioning program currently in use. This means that you cannot reliably expect them to follow your orders, or even acknowledge you as a superior. They're as likely to attack you as they are to attack your foe.

These touhoumon facts suggest that Fell variants are the result of deliberate, active cruelty delivered over a long period of time. This Keine didn't get that. She wasn't made to attack children in order to get food, she wasn't held down and whipped, she wasn't tortured by people in black masks.

I think she's a Hidden Variant, not a Fell.
No. 169424
>>169407
It's like you read my mind. Still, this is the safest

[x] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!
--[x] Threaten Kagerou and the other mons with releasing her, rather than actually immediately doing it. A threat might be enough to get them to step off.
--[x] Motion for Reisen keep an eye out for any way to escape this mess safely.
---[x] If it isn't enough to get them to back down, and there's no way out, use it.
No. 169425
[x] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!
-[x] Let Keine out.

If this is the same horde that took out the village and her mother then this could be her last chance for her revenge and some closure.
No. 169432
>>169422

I am well aware of this, and while I admit that you have a point, I'd also like to toss in the possibility that this Keine might actually be both Hidden and Fell, as it does not sound like the two are mutually exclusive. In fact, there's a fair bit of overlap when you think about it.

It does not, however, change the fact that letting Keine out now is an incredibly stupid plan. The mental conditioning cycle is either unfinished (remember how when Nebosa tried to scan the Keine, it said that that the conditioning cycle wasn't complete?), or it just plain won't work in the first place. Now toss in the fact that this Keine was trying to kill Nebosa and his girls not too long ago.

In short, this is going to backfire horribly and in a not sexy way.
No. 169434
A while ago, I put a bunch of different Touhoumon games into one mediafire download back when I was playing them with /jp/. http://www.mediafire.com/download/33p16795wtp4plx/Touhoumon.rar

Contains:
Pokemon Blue Version (1.53 of Firered with all barriers removed and catchable Dark-variants) (If you have a pokemon hacking program, it is totally worth looking at the 'dex entries for unused slots)
Aqua-yui (not my favorite, but someone specifically asked for it when I was putting the folder together)
Touhoumon Emerald (1.8 of Emerald, Link only: creator still making progress, so he asked me to just have a link so there weren't old versions floating around)
Touhoumon Firered (1.8 of Firered)
Sanae Aichiya's Triad (Marisa's Magical World is pretty much just a catch-a-thon for after you've beat the other two and want to catch and trade between them) (Oh, yeah, trading works between all three of the Triad)

I would have posted this earlier, but I never saw a link in the previous thread, and didn't think to check the actual board until today. :V


Oh, my vote?
I'll let Vinny take this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iW1vQWWhREI#t=5s
No. 169435
Why does everyone think the glowing thing in the pack is Keine's ball?
>"Yeah." You nod. "I suppose that I'll have to do something with it." You accept the Touhouball, and fasten it to your belt to make it easier to carry.
And it wasn't taken off during scanning.

If threatening to release a dangerous mon and actually doing it was because you guys wanted a bad end, you should have just gone for the obvious option:
[X] QUICK ACT FAST AND TACKLE HER GO GO GO.
No. 169436
[X] QUICK ACT FAST AND TACKLE HER GO GO GO.

For shits and giggles!
No. 169443
[x] QUICK ACT FAST AND TACKLE HER GO GO GO.
I want to hit as close to 100% scenes as possible here.
No. 169448
>>169435
what else would it be then, Pervert?
No. 169449
[X] QUICK ACT FAST AND TACKLE HER GO GO GO.

I'll vote for this one on a whim, also maybe the thing that's glowing is the moon-stone or some other item instead of the ball.
No. 169452
[X] QUICK ACT FAST AND TACKLE HER GO GO GO.
No. 169456
[X] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!
No. 169457
File 137058408242.jpg - (73.39KB , 476x484 , D.jpg ) [iqdb]
169457
[x] There’s something in your bag that’s heating up and glowing!

>>169374
One must wonder, when every other vote option can be answered with pic related.
No. 169465
File 137061477822.jpg - (128.15KB , 567x800 , Kagerou is Wolfish.jpg ) [iqdb]
169465
Desperately, your hand shoots down, closing on the small object. "D-don't...don't make me use this!" You say, holding it up.

...The moonstone glows and pulses in your hand, emitting visible rings of light that fly off into the air, revealing a bit of the area around you. It's warm in your hand and seems to vibrate slightly with a repressed power.

Kagerou meanwhile is staring at the stone with an expression of rapt awe...and perhaps fear? "What...that's..." She seems off balance as she shifts her position, trying to move to the side and set up for something else, "Well now," She smirks, regaining control, "Impressive as that rock is, what are you going to do with it?" She asks, spreading her arms, "Throw it at me?"

"...Um." While it being the moonstone was, ah... slightly unexpected, you try to keep a determined face on. "...Maybe!" You declare, as assuredly as you can.

You hear the Yukari on your head sigh faintly in either disgust or disappointment, possibly both. Mima shakes her head in awe at your incredible plan, throwing an evolutionary stone that is reacting to something at-

Reisen tells you to throw the stone.

Kagerou apparently does notice as she shifts her stance, chuckling at you, "Really? You're going to throw a rock at me after you already laid out so much bait?" She asks with a grin, "You're not very good at this, are you?"

"...Good at-" You shake your head. She's trying to distract you! "I'll- I'll do it!" You threaten, waggling the rock at her in what is at least meant to be a threatening manner. "Don't think I won't! Because, uh, I will!"

"Really now?" Kagerou asks, shifting again as Reisen moves to keep her blocked off from you, "Because you really don't seem to be doing anything with that stone right now except posturing, bluffing and trying to buy more time for yourself." She informs you, eyes narrowing as she takes one step towards you ,"And really, what's one glowing rock going to do?"

Reisen really suggests to you quietly that you should throw that rock.

Kagerou's ears twitch as she grins wolfishly at you, "I'll give you a chance here and now. If you surrender and come with me willingly, I'll make sure your little friends get to go free safely." She offers generously, "That's quite a deal, and I assure you that you'd enjoy every last moment of it."

You hesitate. Well, if she'd really let them go... You shake your head again. "This....this is, um. This is your last chance!" You instead declare.

"Back off, or, or, I'll really throw it!"

"Oh?" She asks, her eyes narrowing as she slowly, languily takes one step towards you,"You know, I really doubt it." She says as she takes that single advance towards you.

Reisen suggests that perhaps you should please throw the stonenow Nebosa.

Mima just tells you to listen to Reisen and throw it already and to stop waffling around more than her breakfast.

"Auuugh!" You reply, as you suddenly hurl the glowing, overloaded rock at the werewolf.

It sails through the air beautifully, arcing towards a somewhat impressed looking Kagerou. Apparently she didn't think you'd throw a rock at her even when it was in your hands and you were getting egged on by your touhoumon. Mima pats you on the back, congratulating you on literally throwing away 2100 credits of rock.

Then the rock bounces off of Kagerou's chest and hits the ground in front of her, still glowing.

"...Well." She grins at you a moment later,"Wasn't that something-." She's interrupted by the stone suddenly exploding with light that consumes her and blinds you to what's going on. You can make out the shapes of the other touhoumon surronding you all shrinking back from the light.

Reisen smirks a touch smuggly.

You can't help but shout in surprise as you stumble backwards and fall on your ass, staring at the explosion with your jaw slack.

The light grows in its glow until it suddenly fades away as quickly as it came, revealing that...

...Congratulations! The wild Kagerou has evolved into...something?

Kagerou stands there, lookiing entirely shocked now that she is completely devoid of her dress and is revealed to you in her full glory. Her full, naked glory.

Her lower arms and legs are covered in fur now and have vicious looking claws...though you suppose they did in the first place, perhaps? She was covering herself in that dress.

...Did this do anything besides take her clothes from her?

Jaw still slack, you numbly use your tablet to scan the naked Touhoumon, confused at the strange occurrence. You'd never heard of this happening to a Kagerou before, and they're not exactly uncommon...

...The tablet pipes up. "Unrecognized Variant spotted! Taking scan data to compare to main database!" It says as it begins to take pictures of her and lets out that strange, scanning beam that runs along Kagerou's form.

Kagerou for her part seems to have come out of her shock and slowly looking more and more horrified,"...no..." She mutters, tears starting to build up in the corners of her eyes,"no..."

As your tablet finishes its scan she suddenly moves to cover herself,"Noooooooooooo~!" She screams out embarassedly,"Don't look at meeeeeee!" She squeals before running away from you at a full tilt.

You are somewhat distracted by her incredible ass, and as such it takes you a moment and getting slapped lightly by Mima to bring yourself back to the moment.

...Oh, your tablet is compiling data on that Kagerou and-

"LGKagerou, or Loup Garou Kagerou, is a Kagerou whose physical limits have been removed by exposure to an extreme amount of lunar energy. These Kagerou are stronger than even an EX evolution of the same general combat level in most categories. However, extremely few are spotted due to extreme and/or unknown requirements for causing the evolution. more data is required for analysis before further conclusions can be drawn.

....well, then.

That's.

That's somewhat worrisome.

Around you, you hear the chatter from the remaining touhoumon as their powerful leader flees away squealing about how hairy she is.

Mima takes this opportunity to charge up another of her masterful spark attacks and prepares to cast it on the darkness. Reisen's body seems to develop a strange pink haze around it as she stares out into the shadows as well, and from on top of your head...what is this strange pressure!? Yukari appears to be doing something as well.

The touhoumon around you chatter and...

...back down? You can hear them dispersing and running away now, splitting up and running off into the forest.

You, uh. Close you mouth? And get up. "Um."

"...And so, everything is resolved completely." You decide. "Let's fix camp."
And of course, it couldn't all be over and resolved completely. From off in the darkness you hear the sound of clapping. "Well done." A familiar voice praises you, the grin in it entirely evident,"Well done indeed my find young friend. Here I was getting ready to intervene and you proved yourself most capable."

Chester steps into the light of your campfire, grinning widely,"To be honest, I was worried you would do something foolish, like release what I suspect you've caught."

"...Ah." It's the most suspicious man alive, Chester! "...You followed me!" You accuse, not replying to his, ah....all too reasonable doubts.
"Actually, I didn't. Well..." He considers, "I suppose I did, but not in the way you suspect! You see Nebosa, there I was handling matters related to the fellow that you aided me 'apprehending'." He puts special emphasis on the fact that he was most certainly not kidnapping him, "After I handed him over to my superiors, I was explaining the situation to them when I, for some strange reason, couldn't actually remember anything specific about you in the least." He spreads his arms in mock shock, "It was embarrassing for me, to say the least. Thankfully, with Kukoi's help I managed to piece things together enough to realize just what was going on, after I 'perused' the local records in the Police Office." He tells you, "So many missing people reports, and considering just how many of them referenced the rough area you'd been heading towards?" He shrugs ,"Well, I couldn't just ignore the situation after that. Though, it looks like my worry was for nothing." He laughs, "You've handled the situation quite well, it would seem. Now though..."


His eyes glint sharply, "Would you kindly tell me what happened? The short version, if you would."


"Um." You don't hesitate for long. "...I showed up at the Abandoned town, but decided to check the schoolhouse first, and there was a Keine there, but she didn't act like the Tablet said they should, and she attacked us, and I had to, uh, catch her, but then the town fell apart." You explain, in a great rush.

Chester pauses for a long moment,"...Ah, I see! That does explain a few things, yes." He says, nodding sagely and rubbing his chin,"...Oh right, by the way, you may want to get moving from this place. If I had to hazard a guess those heel draggers at the police force in Hakutown will be putting two and two together in about an hour or so and they'll be coming here in force to investigate." He explains to you,"And you're going to be a person of interest for them. If you're still here when they arrive...likely they'll take you into 'protective custody' and you'll be poked and prodded for who knows how long about what you saw and experienced."

"Oh, and not to mention they would take any 'evidence' you had." He adds on as an aside.

"....What." Is your simple reply. ...The poli- wait, missing perso- what.

"Oh yes." Chester responds, his grin actually dimming a touch, "I'm afraid that Keine you caught has been disappearing people for quite some time now. We've reliable records of it dating all the way back to when Hakutown was properly settled, it would seem. Since whatever she was doing was potent enough to make people forget the people and gloss over the reports and not put together the pattern." He explains, "People go missing all the time. Sometimes they show up again, sometimes..." He just shrugs.

"Anyway, I'll likely be headed back to town by a safe side route I know." Chester explains, "If you would care to join me, I have something I would like to discuss with you that I think you’ll want to hear." He grins widely again, “Besides, with the both of our entourages together, I doubt anything in these woods would be fool enough to try and pick a fight.”

CHOICES

[ ] Go with Chester! He’s got a point, after all.

[ ] Go back to Hakutown by yourself! You’ve had enough adventures innawoods for now.

[ ] You’ll go ahead and stay here, thanks.
No. 169466
[x] 'How about we all take a step back from the weird criminal/kidnapping monstrosity?'
[x] Go back to Hakutown by yourself! You’ve had enough adventures innawoods for now.
No. 169469
[x] Go with Chester! He’s got a point, after all.
-[x] Ask about something that is bothering you, like, Team Shuttle.

Chester has helped us several times after all, and (maybe) our future plot coupon.
So no need to antagonize him.
No. 169470
[X] Go with Chester! He’s got a point, after all.

I'd like to point out that Chester had absolutely no reason to help Nebosa, or at least go out of his way to try and track him down when he realized he was in trouble. Nor was there any real benefit in warning Nebosa about the nature of the Keine he caught, or the fact that he would get wrapped up in quite the police investigation if he stays here any longer than necessary. Enigmatic intent aside, I think we ought to hear him out just this once.

Though this does make me wonder about what we should do with that Keine. It's pretty clear that she's quite far off the deep end, and she threatened to kill Nebosa before. The mental conditioning cycle won't work on her, so there's pretty much no way for him to really approach or talk to her now without dire consequences.

Of course, if I think this, why vote to go with Chester? Simple. Nebosa's been through a lot today, and is likely exhausted from his adventures. Adding in a police investigation/interrogation on top of that is just plain unfair to the kid. Give him a chance to take it easy and rest before we choose whether we get involved with that or not.

For the record, CYukari could have just teleported us back to town.
No. 169471
[x] Go with Chester! He’s got a point, after all.
-[x] Ask about something that is bothering you, like, Team Shuttle.
No. 169474
>not capitalizing on the Kagerou's moment of weakness
Oh well. Think there's a chance of seeing the 'tackle her' option in the other thread?

[x] Go with Chester! He’s got a point, after all.
-[x] Ask about something that is bothering you, like, Team Shuttle.
No. 169475
>>169474
Yeah! That was really a wasted opportunity.

I mean he could've gone all 'I have to protect your dignity' and... throw a great ball at her. That's what you were saying, right?
No. 169476
>>169470
it said it was taking long not that it didn't work. Chester's warning was likely referring to releasing her before it was finished.

[x] Go with Chester! He’s got a point, after all.
-[x] Ask about something that is bothering you, like, Team Shuttle.
No. 169477
[x] Go with Chester! He’s got a point, after all.

Yeah.. let's hear what he has to say. Plus, it's the best of the three options, even without taking more exposition into account.

Opportunity costs-wise, we could be be missing out on Kagerou - and I don't think that would necessarily be a bad thing, since once she gets over her shock, it is likely that we'll jump to the top of her 'people to murder' list.
No. 169479
[x] Go with Chester! He’s got a point, after all.

The man makes good points, and we should really get out of these woods. Let's see what he has to say.
No. 169480
[x] Go with Chester! He’s got a point, after all.

This might be the first time the protag has allied with the shady group instead of... oh shit, we're actually the rival or something.

>Make the enemy stronger and naked-er.
>Not a bad end.

This was unexpected to say the least.
No. 169481
>>169475
Obviously. Nebosa's too timid to take advantage of a situation like that in that way.
No. 169482
>all this argument about releasing the Keine
>it was the moonstone all along

And that is a great example of why metagaming is bad. We got so caught up in one possibility we couldn't recognize another.

[x]Go with Chester

I smell PLOT. But the BACKSTORY ran off with the Kageru, unfortunately.
No. 169483
>>169482
still worked out as the moon stone triggered her weakness (her bashfulness over her wolf form) though elemental stones don't typically grow and become hot for no good reason.
No. 169485
>Mima takes this opportunity to charge up another of her masterful spark attacks and prepares to cast it on the darkness.

Don't you think I didn't see what you did there~

[x] Go with Chester
[x] Attempt to maintain eye contact with Koishi as much as you can. Grin whenever you lose sight of her, like its a game. Which it is.
No. 169487
[X]Go with Chester.
- [X] Keep watch and guard the Keine.

Guess who's got two thumbs and doesn't trust Chester?

THIS GUY!
No. 169489
[x] Go with Chester! He’s got a point, after all.
Oh great, now we're out a moon stone. We could have gotten laid but nooooo everyone had to overthink EVERYTHING and now we're stuck with bloody Chester again.
I hope you're all happy.
No. 169490
>>169489


Don't worry my fellow Anon! The author has a /at/ thread of BAD ENDS and SEXY TIME ENDS! Now if only the author would get off his ass and get to it. Last one was actual YakumoCorp Yukari molesting us.
No. 169491
[X]Go with Chester.
- [X] Keep watch and guard the Keine.
- [X] Have Reisen keep an eye on Koishi.

She may be a crazed psychopathic mon, but now shes OUR crazed psychopatic mon.
No. 169492
[X] Go back to Hakutown by yourself! You’ve had enough adventures innawoods for now.

I don't trust Chester enough to believe he won't take the Keine. If Nebosa leaves, how would the police link him to the disappearances? Use a bloodhound (a Momiji?) to catch a scent? Footprints? A piece of trash? Any of those don't matter if he goes with Chester or not.

>Mima pats you on the back, congratulating you on literally throwing away 2100 credits of rock.
He better get a big check from Yakumo Corp for everything he's seen today to make up for that.
No. 169493
[X] Go with Chester! He’s got a point, after all.
-[X] Get information that would be relevant to training Keine, like how touhouball conditioning works

Chester seems pretty reliable in his role as a Very Shady Dude. It might be a good idea to establish a business relationship with him, perhaps starting with some information swapping. Underworld contacts are always useful.
No. 169494
>>169490
I know about the /at/ thread. I just find it more fun when it's an actual bad end, not just a missed bad end.
It's like playing a VN for one route, then downloading all the CGs for the other routes off e-hentai.
No. 169495
>>169489
I'd rather wait until the Toumonmon in our possession are evolved. Mima, Yukari and Reisen... now you can't tell me that won't be fun.
No. 169496
>>169495
Can't wait for a Sunstone/SolarShard for Reisen.
No. 169497
[X] Go with Chester! He’s got a point, after all.

I'm just a kid, I'll tag along with the first guy who offers!
No. 169502
Lol, you know. Considering our votes. Whoever our mom was, she failed in raising us. I'm pretty sure there was something about not going with people we don't know who offer candy.
No. 169504
>>169502
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MarBVyZVe9s#t=25s
No. 169506
File 137070135494.jpg - (689.28KB , 1680x1050 , Spooky Goddamn Forest.jpg ) [iqdb]
169506
You hesitate, reluctant to simply wander off with such a suspicious individual, but, in the end, "Alright." You decide, "I'll tag along."

Chester grins, "And I thank you for it! It's so scary this time of night, I wasn't looking forward to walking back alone, hahahaha!" He laughs at his own joke as he casually flips two yellow and black touhouballs out from somewhere in the volumes of his coat and tosses them in front of him, releasing their contents which are revealed to be...!

An Aya in a crisp, black suit stretches languidly as a Momiji in a similar suit and carrying a large, long briefcase works out the kinks in her neck and shoulder.

"Now you two..." Chester throws an arm around either of their waists and pulls them up against him, getting a giggling squeal out of the Aya and causing the Momiji to struggle to keep a straight face as she blushes,"I need the both of you to do something for me..." He says before leaning close to each of them in turn, whispering something to them quietly that you cannot seem to catch.

"Then, off you go!" He says, letting go of the both of them and giving their butts a pat, sending them scampering away before the Aya flexes her wings once and bursts off to do who knows what. The Momiji strides calmly towards the remains of the old schoolhouse, apparently focusing on the job given to her...

"Now then, shall we get going?" Chester asks you, drawing your attention back to him,"The route I would take is this way." He says, jerking a thumb in a direction that isn't too, too far from where the main path you took lies.

"...Alright." You say, barely managing not to ask about what's going on. He wouldn't tell you anyway, you're sure. He seems to delight in his own mystery.

"Superb!" Chester responds as he turns and marches in that direction, his greatcoat flaring and billowing dramatically as he does so. You follow along after him and are treated to Chester idly humming a soothing song to himself as you march out of a the massive, empty field that was once the ghost town.
Suddenly Kukoi appears seemingly from nowhere by leapfrogging over you and using that momentum to hop up onto Chester's back, immediately assuming the piggyback position. Chester for his part simply laughs and obligingly takes hold of her legs as she wraps her arms around her neck and enjoys being carried. "Nebosa, never make the mistake of assuming that your friends personalities will change overly much when they evolve." Chester tells you with a 'long suffering' tone, "She's loved being carried ever since we first met and she loves it now that she's full grown."

"Hahah," You can't help but laugh. It's just such a ridiculous sight. "I'll keep that in mind" You reassure him, with a smile on your face. He couldn't possibly be a bad guy, when he acts like this. You feel better about him, now.

Chester simply grins as he continues, leading you down a fairly untraveled looking trail. It's much smaller and rougher than the main route you went down on your way here, but it's far from difficult to travel on so you should be fine. "Now then, onto business..." Chester puts on a serious expression, his grin actually gone for once, "Tell me Nebosa, are you aware that the touhoumon you captured here is assured a Fell variant?" He asks you, the term Fell bringing up an icy pit in your gut. You remember watching that documentary about them, don't you?

"....What...?" You whisper, coming to a stop suddenly as the import of his words hits you. You remember that documentar- well, actually, it might've been a horror movie. ...It'd be hard to tell the difference between the two, truth be told, given what Fell Touhoumon are supposed to be like.

Chester stops as well, "Quite. Given what I can deduce from the records I 'appropriated' from the local Police Force, I believe at least 16 disappearances can be reliably said to have been her...and many, many more have a strong chance of being related to her." He informs you gravely.

Mima shifts besides you nervously. Even she knows just what it can mean when touhoumon get like that. They're...dangerous. The kind of dangerous she doesn’t like.

Reisen takes in the ‘information’ stoically, as if she'd already figured it all out. Which she probably had, given that it’s your Reisen.

Yukari sleeps on your head.

....Many, many more? She's....'disappeared' at least 16 people, and probably a lot more than that? "...But, I didn't see..."

"You didn't see anyone? I'd be surprised if you had." Chester explains, "There could be countless reasons for why, and none of them are good I'd wager." He states to you.

You're quiet for a long moment. "...So, why do you bring it up?" You ask, already doubting his motives.

Chester helps Kukoi off of him before kneeling down so he's eyelevel with you so he can engage you in proper realtalk, "Fellmon are a danger to everyone around them, no matter how talented the trainer is. I've been doing this my entire life and have a team all as good as Kukoi-," Kukoi smacks him, "ALMOST as good as Kukoi here and I wouldn't want that Fell on my belt." He explains, "I would like for you to hand her over to me so I can deliver her to a place where she can be properly contained and start undergoing treatment for her illness. It's possible that in the proper environment she could be rehabilitated to a functional individual who isn't a threat to society on the whole."

"Which brings up the other matter of importance. After I delivered that guy you beat up to my superiors, we ‘processed’ his ‘information’ and, would you imagine this." Chester grins slightly, "He'd had his trainers license revoked for all sorts of reasons, and the touhouballs he had were all unlicensed blackmarket products. We've sent most of the others off to be cared for and potentially re-homed after they've been ‘processed’ for any signs of...destabilization." He uses that word carefully, implying something you can figure out yourself easily, "However, and I'd imagine you'll be quite happy to hear this, a certain one of his fellows requested to go to you instead." He informs you, holding up a touhouball type you don't recognize. Some sort of specialty ball you figure, "She's been transferred to this touhouball and put under my license. I'd be happy to deliver her to you as my superiors tentatively agreed to her request...but under one condition."

"I cannot, in good conscience, allow you to have her if you're going to hold onto that fellmon." He informs you, "Which, given that you're a smart lad, I'd imagine won't be a problem, yes?"

"....So, you want to trade one of the Touhoumon That Guy had for the Keine." You state, parsing his request.

"You could put it that way, yes." Chester responds,"However, she personally requested this and I'm asking you to hand over the fell Keine for the good of yourself, your friends and even herself.”

...well.

What should you do?

CHOICES
[ ] Make the trade.

[ ] Don’t make the trade.

[ ] Before you do or don’t make the trade, you need to ask some questions first.
-[ ] What questions though?
No. 169507
Would that be the Youmu? Can't imagine any other making that request.

[X] Make the trade.
No. 169508
[X]Make the trade.

I don't really have much left to say in the matter. Fell Keine is a threat to Nebosa and his party, and I'm not sure we can even get her back to normal on her own. Not only that, but CReisen at the very least actively disapproves of Nebosa keeping her. Plus, there's the simple fact that the Fell Keine probably hates Nebosa with... well, I wouldn't say passion, but she hates him enough to want to kill him and it has literally only been hours since he caught her.

More than that, this is also a way to conveniently slip off the police's person of interest list before he even makes it on there. Nothing's more detrimental toward having a fun adventure than getting wrapped up in police business for Shinki knows how long.

Plus, one of THAT GUY's mons actively requested to be transferred to Nebosa's party. What Chester is offering is pretty darn reasonable. We get a stable party member instead of needlessly risking Nebosa with a psychotic Keine.

And I have a sneaking suspicion that we might encounter this Keine again anyway, hopefully when she's not Fell. This looks to be the type of story where a good deed doesn't go unrewarded, even if it takes a while.
No. 169509
[X] Before you do or don’t make the trade, you need to ask some questions first:
-[X] Will you be able to check up on how the Keine and that guy's Touhoumon from time to time? You're rather concerned about them now.
-[X] Is Chester sure he can't tell you anything about the organization he works for? They don't sound like bad guys, but the more you hear about what he does, the more curious you get.
-[X] Can you talk to the Touhoumon he wants to trade over to you for a while before you make the trade?

And eventually,
[X] Make the trade.
No. 169510
I can't fathom why THP is so trusting of the gang-leader/kidnapper that threatened the MC's life three times already. But this is getting beyond retarded.

[x] Don’t make the trade.
No. 169511
[X] Will you be able to check up on how the Keine and that guy's Touhoumon from time to time? You're rather concerned about them now.
[x] Make the trade
No. 169513
[x] Don’t make the trade.
No. 169514
>>169510

First off, when did Chester threaten to kill Nebosa three times? He made the 'If I told you I'd have to kill you' comment, but that was at worst a warning to not delve in too deep. Heck, for all we know it might have been an unoriginal joke.

Second, refusing the trade is just putting Nebosa, his team, and everyone around him in danger and losing out on a new party member for what, paranoia?
No. 169516
Counteroffer:
I accompany you to this rehabilitation facility and look it over, and if I feel that it is a proper environment for helping my new friend, then I will allow them to take care of Keine with the assurance that I can contact or visit her at my convenience, to make sure that she is doing fine.

And I'll gladly take this one off your hands, as compensation for helping you capture a dangerous criminal and known Touhoumon abuser.


Refuge in boldness.
No. 169517
>>169516

Too deep for shotaMC. It's a bit OOC, I feel.

[X] Will you be able to check up on how the Keine and that guy's other Touhoumon from time to time? You're rather concerned about them now.

[X] Make the trade.
-[X] But not before checking what's supposedly THAT GUY'S mon. After all, if it's empty or not holding said mon, Chester's credibility kind of falls apart.
No. 169518
>>169517
Didn't he show earlier that he is very protective of his touhoumon?
I'll admit, the phrasing was a little too confident.

Well, at the very least, he should require reassurance that his Keine would be very well cared-for.
Something more than "You'll just have to trust me. Also I'm a very mysterious guy who won't tell you anything about myself. But you still have to trust me with no indication that I will do as I say with her."
No. 169524
Well, now we've seen three of this guy's touhoumon. All of them treated well and with no hint of that pressure Nebosa felt from Seiga and Keine. I'll take that as a good sign.

That said, we need to make sure Keine will be taken care of properly. We need have him make the most solemn of oaths.

[x] Make the trade.
-[x] Make him pinky swear that Keine will be okay.
No. 169525
>>169506
>word of god its a fell

Damn.

[x]ask
-Where the Keine would end up
-if you could get a status update on it sometime
-what's in the touhouball

I'm almost certain its the Youmu. If she's anything like the character, then she's got some sense of honor, and she remembers the way we respected and trusted our 'mons enough to handle things on their own.

[x] Make the trade

Touhoumons being able to choose to leave their masters kinda throws me for a loop. On one hand, its more proof that they aren't animals and they should have rights. On the other hand, that means they are choosing to remain with their masters most of the time.

I'm probably reading too much into it.
No. 169526
>>169525
>choose to leave their masters

I'm pretty sure staying with her old master wasn't an option anymore

Her only choice was who her new master was.
No. 169527
[x] Make the trade.
-[x] Make him pinky swear that Keine will be okay.

This one sounds too in-character to waste.
To be honest that Keine will be trouble in the long run and we already have data about her, we also have to remember we captured her as a last resource to escape the town.
No. 169528
[X] Before you do or don’t make the trade, you need to ask some questions first:
-[X] Will you be able to check up on how the Keine and that guy's Touhoumon from time to time? You're rather concerned about them now.
-[X] Is Chester sure he can't tell you anything about the organization he works for? They don't sound like bad guys, but the more you hear about what he does, the more curious you get.
-[X] Can you talk to the Touhoumon he wants to trade over to you for a while before you make the trade?

[x]Make the trade.
No. 169529
[x] Make the trade.

Chester's suspicious as all hell, but he makes sense here. We can't help this Keine, and keeping her around is just plain dangerous. Accept this deal, and we get a new, willing touhoumon, so we'll be ahead of the game. It's a bit regrettable, but it's also the right call here.
No. 169530
>>169516
I think you're overestimating our position here. We're a kid with 3 chibi touhoumon.

This guy is a trained professional with at least 3 fully evolved, also professional touhoumon, and they are all skilled wetwork agents. They work for an agency that may or may not "exist."

We only have as much bargaining power as he's giving us, and he's only giving us that bargaining power because he is (or wants to appear to be) a genuinely nice guy.

He COULD tip off the police that we have a fell, and it'd be confiscated and we'd be held for questioning. Instead he's giving us an out.

[x]Make the trade.
No. 169531
>>169530
But none of that matters because Keine is one of us now. It stopped mattering the moment that orb pinged.
Now we protect her. And that means not giving her away to someone who we aren't positive is going to treat her well. Regardless of our bargaining position, sending her off without proof she'll be treated well is simply not an option.

I would vote to kick him in the shin and run into the forest before giving him Keine, unless he agrees to prove that she'll be well cared-for.

Obviously, what would happen if we forced him to do so is that he would lie and then stab us in the back when it is convenient, before giving us a lecture on bargaining positions and trust. However, we don't see that coming because we're a kid and we need that lecture.
No. 169532
[X] Will you be able to check up on how the Keine and that guy's other Touhoumon from time to time? You're rather concerned about them now.

[X] Make the trade.
-[X] But not before checking what's supposedly THAT GUY'S mon. After all, if it's empty or not holding said mon, Chester's credibility kind of falls apart.

I want to believe.
No. 169533
What I want to know is, is this the youmu?
Because I'd be ok with that trade even if I really want to have an older girl tease shotaMC - hopefully we can evolve some of our girls soon, to get to that


[X] Will you be able to check up on how the Keine and that guy's other Touhoumon from time to time? You're rather concerned about them now.

[X] Make the trade.
-[X] But not before checking what's supposedly THAT GUY'S mon. After all, if it's empty or not holding said mon, Chester's credibility kind of falls apart.
No. 169534
[x] Don’t make the trade.

Firstly, Chester is not a "good guy" in Dark souls, and he's done nothing here to make me trust him. This is probably pissing against the tide, but I just don't think he's a friend.
No. 169536
>>169534

Good thing this isn't Dark Souls then, isn't it?
No. 169537
[X] Will you be able to check up on how the Keine and that guy's other Touhoumon from time to time? You're rather concerned about them now.

[X] Make the trade.
-[X] But not before checking what's supposedly THAT GUY'S mon. After all, if it's empty or not holding said mon, Chester's credibility kind of falls apart.

We have neither the resources to go against Chester or any real emotional bond with the Keine to make holding onto her worth it. That's my argument against the anons based on logic. Based on Nebosa's age and child mentality, Chester obviously holds some position of authority in an organization of some power from what we've seen of him, and he's asking us flat out instead of just snatching the ball from us and walking off. Unless you were one paranoid kid who had a "FUK DA POLIS" attitude, you wouldn't be backtalking or refusing to assist an older important individual.
No. 169539
>>169537
>you wouldn't be backtalking or refusing to assist an older important individual
You obviously haven't met very many children in your lifetime

All adults are either untrustworthy, annoying, or your grandparents. Since Nebosa's parents and grandparents aren't here, that leaves only the untrustworthy ones.
No. 169540
[x] Make the trade.
-[x] Ask for a way of getting status reports as you're concerned about her.

Chester's been quite nice for a shady underworld sort and he has stated that someone else in his positions wouldn't be as nice as he has.

I get the feeling he's a part of some sort of Yakuza as such groups while not legally sound often have a code of honor about them. Perhaps his group has something concerning the treatment of their 'mons.

Interesting thing he said about evolution, basically it's opposite of the pokemon anime and I'd imagine that Nebrosa might be feeling a pair of soft things on his head after his Yukari evolves.
No. 169543
>>169531
No, Keine isn't "one of us."

She's a dangerous, insane creature that has murdered at least 16 innocent people, and is almost irredeemably violent.

This character we're playing doesn't seem the sort to latch on to someone and viciously protect a member of the pack. If anything, trading a violent and uncontrollable 'mon for a trained, grateful 'mon should be a no-brainer.
No. 169544
>>169539

Maybe if you were raised in a shit culture/country where they allowed kids to be whiny, backtalking brats. My parents made sure I was respectful and at the very least polite to adults, even if I didn't agree with their ideas or policies.
No. 169545
Well I actually don't want to make the trade since I don't trust Chester at all. But I don't think I can piss hard enough against the tide to change it. this should be a nice compromise.



[X] Will you be able to check up on how the Keine and that guy's other Touhoumon from time to time? You're rather concerned about them now.

[X] Make the trade.
-[X] But not before checking what's supposedly THAT GUY'S mon. After all, if it's empty or not holding said mon, Chester's credibility kind of falls apart.
No. 169546
[X] Make the trade.

I feel as though Chester's been good to us, with sound reasoning and has been looking out for us. A good point is that he of course didn't have much of a reason to go looking for us before, and if he were such a terrible person, why would he care about all these people going missing?

I think the only real reasonable alternative to him actually being a decent person would be that he was working for an organization working under the pretences of being good guys while they collect fells, but im not quite paranoid enough to believe that at this point.
No. 169547
[X] Make the trade.
-[X] But not before checking what's supposedly THAT GUY'S mon. After all, if it's empty or not holding said mon, Chester's credibility kind of falls apart.

This Keine's already given up one bad end. It'd be better if we give her to someone who can handle her before she gives us another one.
No. 169549
[X] Make the trade.
-[X] But not before checking what's supposedly THAT GUY'S mon. After all, if it's empty or not holding said mon, Chester's credibility kind of falls apart.
No. 169552
>>169543
Really? Nebosa seems the type to let a conflicted Mon in the hands of the most shady guy he's ever met? Yeah, right.

>>169514
During that conversation he did so two other times, one flashing a metal object in his inner pocket. You should read the third threat, you'll also find out that he's a self-admitted criminal.
And no, is not paranoia. Have you taken leave of your senses? It's concern for the mon that just became his responsibility.
No. 169553
[x] Before you do or don’t make the trade, you need to ask some questions first.
- [x] "Can you take me to the people you're going to turn the Keine over to, just so I can be sure they're not going to use her for world domination or something horrible like that?"
No. 169556
[x] Don't make the trade.

Screw this guy, Keine is ours.
No. 169559
>>169556
Ours? For what, for her to kill us?

No matter how suspicious Chester is, the fact is: We can't do crap about a Fell Keine. So we may as well have the Touhou Chester would give us in exchange (which is most probably the Chibi Youmu).
No. 169560
[X] Make the trade.
I have yet to see a realistic way for us to be able to make nice with the Fell variant. There's a possibility it might be enabled through some plot path, but we could just get killed instead.
No. 169561
>>169552
But a rather nice one as opposed to doing the most efficient thing ("remove" Nebrosa), he tried his best to get him to leave and forget, even offering a bribe. I doubt there's be much of a problem if not for anon coming down with a case of shounen jump lawful stupid white knight syndrome.

That and someone that spoils their main 'mon like that can't be too bad a of a guy. We could use a contact on that side of things. Unlike normal pokemon things seem to have more shades of gray.
No. 169562
Trading the Keine is really the only option.

Trade: Get a new 'mon, presumably the Youmu. Get in/stay in Chester's good graces, build a contact in whatever organization he's part of. That may come in handy in the future. Dump off a fell without incident.

Don't Trade: Chester leaves with the Youmu, she goes to some other trainer (poor Youmu, you're not gonna turn her down are you?), and we're stuck with a dangerous, ILLEGAL touhoumon. If we turn it in, we'll build the wrong kinds of connections with the cops, the Keine will go to a shelter, and we'll have gained absolutely nothing from it.

Trade it. Keeping the Keine is just retarded.
No. 169563
>>169562
Or we can take the third option which is RIGHT THERE and ask him some shit about stuff.
No. 169569
>>169563
Well yeah, but that's an included option with trade/don't trade. We gotta make a decision on that, and the votes look pretty weighed to trade.
No. 169571
>>169569
No, that's choosing to ask questions before making the trade. We make the choice after getting answers.
No. 169580
>>169524

Do note that in the Pokemon Colliseum games, the amount of Shadow Pokemon you had corisponded with how high you were in Team Snag'em and Cipher. We can at least rule out that Chester is a high ranking member of this stories equivilant, but it doesn't rule out he could be middle management or a low ranking Peon. He still has three Touhoumon unaccounted for, and I'm sure he has one, maybe two Fell varients.
No. 169581
>>169580

First of all, that logic only applies to Gale of Darkness, not Colosseum. In the latter, your rank appeared to be dictated by the species of the Shadow Pokemon you used, not the number you held.

Second, Chester has three fully evolved mons, at least one of which is an obvious or confirmed variant. In case you've forgotten, most Team peons/grunts/whatever only have a limited selection of grunt-level mons to work with, and typically in very limited team sizes, hence why they're all cannon fodder. Not even admins have full teams of six until you hit late their late-game rematch, or they're part of the endgame. We've seen three of Chester's mons, and at least one of which is an obvious variant. He could easily have six such mons on him.

Third, you're making the assumption that Chester has anything to do with Fell Pokemon at all. The only thing we have is what the man himself has said, and thus far it seems to have to do with making Fell mons less dangerous, not more. Beyond that, and if you're not willing to take his word for it, then we have nothing confirmed, merely guesswork. As with all forms of blind fire, those guesses could harm just as easily as they help.
No. 169587
File 137084386816.jpg - (216.17KB , 625x600 , 2e95bb3de5e80f2d2235fd9472e0a8ae.jpg ) [iqdb]
169587
You stare at the ground, for a long moment, as you consider his offer. ....On the whole, if he's being honest, his logic is pretty bulletproof, but....

"....Would I be able to check in on the Keine, at least? Somehow? Later? To see how she's doing?" You ask. "...I'm kind of worried about her, I guess." You admit.

Chester laughs good-naturedly in response to your request.

"My, so worried for someone who was after your life? You're too soft, Nebosa." He chides you, "Still, I believe I can manage something for you. At the very least you can call the number on the card I gave you and I could give you a status report on her. As to whether you would be able to see her personally..." He shakes his head, "I'm afraid I can't promise anything of the sort. We can't know how she will respond, or how seeing you could affect her recovery."

Kukoi tries to poke you in your soft sides but Reisen catches her by her finger.

Kukoi stares at Reisen.

Mima stares at both of them.

Yukari is still asleep.

You chew on your lip. "Right. Um..." One last thing you can think of, "Could I uh," You gesture towards the ball he's holding. "You know, uh, talk to her, first?"

"Hahaha! Is that all you wanted?" He asks, grinning at you,"There's no need to act so nervous Nebosa, it's not like you're asking me to take you to my 'super secret hideout' or something of the sort. After all," He grins at you, throwing you a joking wink, "If you asked that I'd have to kill you!"

Chester holds up a hand placatingly, "Just a jape my friend, just a jape." He soothes you, grinning widely, "After all, I'd only really have to kill you if you tried to follow me there, hahahahaha!" He laughs, unable to resist teasing you. "Oh, this is too much fun..." Chester shakes his head as he flicks his wrist and throws the strange ball away from him.

It unleashes a flare of white light which reforms to reveal that it is a...CYoumu! Wow! You didn't see that coming at all!

She immediately drops to her knees and bows properly to you, Lord Nebosa. Holding her sword on the ground in front of you, she solemnly swears to serve you loyally and to the absolute best of her abilities until the end of her days, if you will have her. Her eyes are screwed shut while she does this, and...is she trembling? It's so slight you can barely tell.

"Hey, hey, uh, there's no need to be like that..." You insist, kneeling down yourself, getting a bit closer to her level. "...Come on, now, really." You tell her. "I'd like to talk with you, okay? That's all."

She immediately sits completely upright, her back ramrod straight as she stares straight ahead of her. Yes, 'Lord Nebosa', she eagerly awaits to hear your commands. Your word is law.

...Just where did she pick up habits like this? You've heard of Youmu being serious but isn't this a bit much?

Chester himself has politely withdrawn a distance away from you and is now leaning relaxedly against a tree, watching the going ons with an unreadable grin.

"Relax, relax!" You make a slight 'down' gesture with your hands. "Really, there's no need to be like that." You sigh. "Well, I guess the first thing is, why me?" You ask her.

She carefully maintains her proper, neutral posture even as you pick up on a few subtle nervous gestures on her part. She was told that she would be re-homed, and... Her eyes shift about as she carefully considers her words. She wanted to join you because...in the time she had in the match against you, you allowed your touhoumon freedom to choose their own actions in battle. Moreover, your Touhoumon are all very skilled and powerful from what she saw and gathered, so it's obvious that you are a talented and capable trainer, she's certain of it.

unlike somebody

The CYoumu shifts nervously again, fidgeting in front of you and casting her gaze away from you. She thought that you seemed...kind.

"...Ah..." You look away yourself, this time, slightly embarassed. "W-well, then." You fidget a bit, not used to such flattery. "I, I guess at least I can accept that it's your own, uh, choice, and..." You stand up, Glancing over towards Chester.

"Oh, all finished up?" Chester asks you as he shoves himself off and away from the tree trunk and strides over to you casually,"Don't have anything else you need to do or anything you want to ask? No?" He pauses for a moment,"Well then, let's get this going then, yes? Would you kindly hand me the Keine's ball?" He asks of you.

You reach down, and unclip the ball from your belt. After a moment of hesitation, you hold it out, biting your lip.

"Thank you kindly." Chester reponds, still seemingly amused at your responses. He reaches into his jacket and reveals a glint of of dangerous metal! "I mean really Nebosa..." His eyes shine with intent as he-

...Pulls out some weird looking machine and presses the button of the Keine's touhouball up against it and keeps talking,"I mean, what have I done to earn such mistrust? I mean, besides knock someone out in front of you twice and then carry him off but he was a criminal and he'd been aggressive both times!" He defends himself.

You relax a bit, and take a moment to let your pulse slow again.

"You're, uh, just kind of..." You make a face. You have no way to put it diplomatically.

Chester waits patiently for you to finish your response, still holding the machine against the touhouball patiently as it beeps occasionally and makes strange whirring noises for reasons you cannot understand. That honest smile of his...!

Kukoi slowly leans out from behind the tree Chester was leaning in front of before, locking eyes with you. Equally slowly she draws one of those strange, disconcerting knives of hers and very carefully and pointedly begins to clean her nails with it, never breaking eye contact with you to make sure the message gets across.

You're mildly offended! You weren't going to finish that sentence anyway, after all. "...Never mind." You shake your head. "Should we keep going? It's getting awfully late."

"Hm? Oh, certainly." He agrees easily enough as the machine lets out a sudden screech and arcs of vaguely spooky enegy run across the touhouball for a second before Chester pulls out a nondescript black box of metal and opens it. He then places Keine's touhouball inside and pulls out a second, large box and places the ball inside of that one as well. Finally, he pulls out a third box, this one silver and shiny, and places the whole thing inside of that. Finally, he tucks the collection of containers away into his overcoat, presumably into one of its numerous pockets.

"As for you..." Chester presses the machine against the Youmu's touhouball for a brief moment before it lets out a happy beep and he tosses the ball to you, "There you go she's all yours, you lucky dog."

Behind you, Reisen is still holding onto Kukoi's finger and the staring match is still going strong as a heavy feeling hangs in the air around the two of them.

...wait, if she's still there, then how did she...?

You don't bother trying to comprehend the Koishi. You simply shake your head as you tuck the empty touhouball away. "Alright." You nod. "So, I guess let's go."

Chester simply keeps grinning as he strides off, leading you down the road and thus breaking up the staring match as Reisen hurriedly takes her position at your side. Mima simply flies after your little group lazily once again, flying circles around you and watching the area for anything interesting that could distract her. Yukari continues to sleep on top of your head and Youmu...

Youmu follows after you, behind you and to your left and looks a bit confused at the situation as she clutches her sword to her chest with both hands.

You smile at her reassuringly before turning your attention back to the path. It wouldn't do to embarass yourself by tripping or something so soon.

And so you head off into the forest with a shady man you'd just met. And thus in this predictable way you...

...

...Actually you get back to town really quickly! Wow that...you wouldn't think that a side-route would be that much faster, but it really was!

"And here we are!" Chester remarks as Hakutown comes into sight, the lights of its tallest buildings easily visible from here, "Now then, I'm afraid that we'll have to go our seperate ways here, young Nebosa." Chester bows apologetically,"I'm afraid that I've important, delicate matters to handle as soon as I can." He grins self-deprecatingly,"It's just like they say I guess, there's no rest for the wicked!"

"Heh, heh..." You chuckle a bit uneasily. "...Yeah." ...The wicked. Right. Anyway. "I'll be heading off, then." You reply, and decide to head for the Touhoumon Center, for some rest.

Chester seemingly disappears the moment you look away as he is apparently wont to do, and you're left with your group as they follow along beside you as you quickly pass through the sleeping town, its streets completely abandoned to even the last person aside from your group. The Yukari on your head slowly stirs from her slumber, letting out a tremendous yawn. Is it time for second dinner yet?

Mima perks up at the idea, second dinner? That sounds like a fantastic plan! She likes this plan, she's happy to be a part of it.

Reisen's expression is one of neutrallity, but judging by her ears you think she may be a bit tired after today.

Youmu simply shifts about awkwardly. Do you all really need to eat so many meals? The rations she was fed meant you only needed five minutes a day to eat a meal that would keep you full...

"We're at the Center." You reply, skirting the issue of second dinners and such. You frown at the rations Youmu brings up, but...

[ ] Nurse Reisen seems upset...
[ ] Those Casuals are in the lobby again!
[ ] Go get something for everyone to snack on. A LIGHT snack.
No. 169588
...Hmmm I really wish we could have kicked THAT GUY's ass. Personally.

[x] Go get something for everyone to snack on.

Fuck the light snack. She needs pampering.
No. 169589
I want ALL of the options above...

[x] Is everyone here? Good. LET'S PARTY!
No. 169590
[X] Nurse Reisen seems upset...

What's wrong, bunny? More harassers?

>"If you asked that I'd have to kill you!"
>Chester holds up a hand placatingly, "Just a jape my friend, just a jape."
Seriously? For someone who poses as a stage magician, he's really bad with kids. They aren't emotionally stable enough to accept that it's a joke.
No. 169592
[x] Nurse Reisen seems upset...
I think the best way to help Youmu acclimate to our little group is for Reisen to give her a rundown on basic combat abilities and tactics, as well as personality quirks Mima stop that you're going to break it.
No. 169593
[X] Those Casuals are in the lobby again!

They're fun conversation. Plus, Quest Hooks!
No. 169594
>>169592
Seconded. She's clearly been brought up on a very strict schedule, taught to fight and obey, and not much else.

Fortunately it seems the shell of personality that treatment created is very flimsy. It should break quickly to good old kindness and caring.

[x]Get something for everyone to snack on.

Concerned about the NReisen, but she's an adult with a staff, she doesn't need a kid to solve her problems for her. We need to integrate the newest member of our party, and work out how they'll interact. Especially since we're running low on snuggle room at night.
No. 169596
[X] Those Casuals are in the lobby again!
No. 169597
[X] Nurse Reisen seems upset...

Bunny option go go go! inb4 Hannibal appears
No. 169598
[x]Get something for everyone to snack on.

Bit torn on the choice but going for it for the same reasons >>169594 listed. Soon as we can though I'd like to help out Nurse Reisen.

Also /at/ thread updates WHEN?!
No. 169600
[X] Nurse Reisen seems upset...
[X] Get something for everyone to snack on.
No. 169602
[x] Nurse Reisen seems upset...
No. 169603
[X] Nurse Reisen seems upset...
No. 169605
Now then, what to do...

Each option certainly has merits. Nebosa getting his mons snacks would certainly go a long way toward adjusting his new CYoumu to the concept of a non-rigid life, and boy, she deserves to relax a bit. Plus, she'll likely be all awkward and cute about it, which is a plus.

Those casuals might be a good spot to start too, as I'm sure they wouldn't mind hearing about just what that abandoned village really was and how Nebosa beat the odds and caught the Fell Keine responsible for its continued existence. If Nebosa gets asked what he did with that Keine, he can just say he handed her off to someone who knows what he's doing since there's no reason to risk himself or others trying to keep her around. Gain some rep with these guys, maybe get another lead, and even have his CYoumu see how he interacts with normal people. Even if it's not much, it'll help cement her view of him as a nice person and perhaps start to help her relax.

NReisen gets harassed on a routine basis and at least manages to stay calm, if not somewhat annoyed. For her to be visibly upset though? Nebosa helped her out once so it might not be a bad idea to help her out again, or at least hear her out.

Really, there's no right or wrong way to go in this vote, so...

[X] Those Casuals are in the lobby again!

Let's go ahead and see what's up with these guys first.
No. 169607
[x] Go get something for everyone to snack on.

Youmu needs some TLC.
No. 169608
[x] Go get something for everyone to snack on.

OM NOM NOM
No. 169612
[x]Nurse Reisen seems upset...

Someone being mean to our favorite nurse?
No. 169613
>>169605

I don't think bringing up how Nebosa beat a Fell Keine that had possibly murdered/kidnapped several people in the past and then turned it over to someone who is possibly not a government-mandated officer is the best thing to talk about in public. It would draw too much attention, and word spreads quickly about events as odd as those. Best we just keep it on the down-low. If anyone asks about what happened, we can tell them that we went to the village, fought off a Keine, and then watched as the village disappeared, but there's no need to drag in how she was Fell or how Chester was involved.
No. 169614
[x] Go get something for everyone to snack on.

I wanna do it all!

...But I think that we should start by welcoming Youmu to our group.
No. 169620
[x]Nurse Reisen seems upset...

This calls out to me though I woudln't mind hte other choices. Hopefully the other choices mean that nothing's affecting her if they win.
No. 169632
[X] Nurse Reisen seems upset...

Eventually, we WILL touch that fluffy tail.
No. 169644
>>169613

Except that story still has a couple pretty significant holes in it. If Nebosa beat the Fell Keine and just left her there, there's no guarantee that the village would have disappeared to begin with, or even if it did the Keine could have just reconstructed it in no time flat. By the time someone got back out there, there'd be a fresh 'cage' built up and anyone going out there to verify what happened could just get caught in it.

There's obviously nothing left, so that means the Keine was either incapacitated and grabbed by wild mons to be girl molested into a fuck toy or the police got her, of which Nebosa might be able to lie about the former happening... Nope. Couldn't keep a straight face. With the way the kid acts, it'd be downright out of character for him to let a mon he incapacitated get dragged off like that, and the police obviously don't have her.

If they did, the news of a centuries-old murderer would make headlines across the continent, but clearly that's not going to happen.

So Nebosa caught her, and handed her off to Chester. There's no avoiding that part because he doesn't have her with him, nor has he used the box to store her. Additionally, she wasn't automatically stored because he only had three mons with him at the time, not a full team of six. He must have done something with her, like hand her off to someone before he got here. Considering that she's, you know, actually tried to kill him I'd say it's perfectly justifiable that he didn't want to hang onto her any longer than necessary.

Say he handed her over to the police? The earlier problem of there being no fanfare over it applies here, plus he came straight back to the Touhoumon Center because he's an exhausted kid who fought off being mind raped and really doesn't need a police interrogation and bureaucratic proceedings on top of that. He would have gotten sucked into a long-standing police case that would have been exhausting and time-consuming to deal with just for finally exposing the Fell Keine responsible for all those 'disappearances'.

Meaning he had to have gotten rid of her somewhere between catching her at the Abandoned Village and coming back to Hakutown. As Nebosa has an adorable new CYoumu added to his eventual harem, and CYoumu cannot be found in the area the Abandoned Village was located in, it must mean that he traded with someone along the way.

(Why can't CYoumu be found in a forest? Think about it. Touhoumon games are typically structured in such a way that you find certain sets of mons based on location. In Kanto, she's located in the Lavender Town tower. In Hoenn, she makes Mt. Pyre her home. At no point does a CYoumu appear in a forest, so I would assume that this story is no different.)

Since Nebosa has been made fully aware of the fact that the Keine in question is a Fell, that means one of two things: He was a dick and traded a true monster for a CYoumu with some poor schmuck, or he traded with someone who knew the risks and went ahead with it anyway.

There's just too many holes to be shot in that story, and I have a hard time believing that those casuals couldn't see the logical issues with just saying that Nebosa walked off.
No. 169647
File 137096060531.png - (414.46KB , 1500x1500 , Youmu Tiny and Cute.png ) [iqdb]
169647
Well, before anything else, you suppose you ought to let Nurse Reisen know that you're back. It wouldn't do to have her get all worried about you, when you're just fine and right here.

This in mind, you stroll up to the front desk, your group trailing along behind. "Hey Nurse Reisen!" You greet her. "I'm back!"

NReisen looks up sharply from her computer, eyes wide and mouth agape as she stares at you with a shocked expression. You notice tears slowly begin to build up in her ears as she lets out sniffles and hiccups and her shoulders start to shake. She gets up wobbly like from her chair behind the front desk before lunging across it and taking hold of you.

Then she drags you across the desk and into her embrace, shoving your face into your own personal marshmallow hell. "You're baaaaaaaack!" She cries out with joy audible even though her sniffling, "Oh, I'm so sorry! I should never have let you go there! I didn't know...even though I should haaaaaave!" She cries, sniffling and hiccing even as she cradles you firmly against her.

Behind you, you can distantly hear Mima assuring Youmu that the NReisen is not attacking you and she doesn't need to cut her just yet.

You're naturally quite surprised by her reaction. "Mmph mmbrl mmprm hrmph?" Unfortunately, of course, it's nearly impossible to make yourself intelligible like this.

"Don't worry, everything will be fine now!" She assures you as she suddenly stands up and starts carrying you somewhere as your friends follow along behind you, bemused or amused, "Here, let's get you to the break room you poor thing. I can't even imagine..." She gets choked up again here as she carries you off behind the front desk and into the infinite corridors of the hospital.

Though it's difficult to see given you have your face buried in her considerable chest you can feel when she comes to a stop and opens up a door and carries you inside this new room as your group trundle in behind you. Suddenly you are set down in a large, comfortable chair. "Here, just stay here and I'll be right back!" she assures you before running off and leaving the room behind.

Reisen stares at the door the NReisen just left from as Mima floats over to make sure you're still breathing.

Yukari exudes...annoyance, but doesn't do anything besides that as she slips off your head and floats off with her gap lazily to go over to the couch.

Youmu fidgets in front of you with her sword, apparently out of her depth.

"...Well." You say once you've caught your breath. "...That was..." You grope for a word. "...unexpected?"

Reisen speaks up, suggesting that perhaps what happened to you is a bit more known than you may have anticipated. It's only natural that the police would come and speak with the touhoumon center when investigating these sorts of circumstances, after all.

...meaning that the NReisen was probably told by the police that all those people and you had been taken by that Fell Keine. Oh dear...

"...Oh." You realize. "...I guess it would be kind of a big deal, yeah." You agree, "And, uh, she did know I was out there, so...oh." You make a face. "...She must have been really worried."

Reisen nods in agreement. Imagine that, an NReisen fretting and getting herself caught up in a fuss. How shocking.

NReisen returns with an arm full of snacks and drinks and deposits them on the table in front of you, rapidly sorting through them, "Here you go! Please, eat everything you want to, don't hold back. After what happened, I..." She pauses, before reaching out towards your head slowly and then petting your hair in an immensely soothing gesture.

"Ah, no, it's um, it's fine, we're all okay, you know?" Despite yourself, you snag one of your favorite treats from off the table. ...You find yourself leaning into her petting. It's just so nice...

Soon enough, you're leaned up and snuggled into NReisen as she softly pets your head, soothing away all your worries. "Oh, but you never should have been in that situation in the first place..." She replies, "Someone...I should have figured things out before now. I had all the information I needed but didn't put it together. Those poor children..." Her petting hand stops atop your head as she shakes slightly, letting out a muffled noise.

You bite your lip. "Um, well, don't uh, beat yourself up too much. It wasn't your fault..."

"No..." NReisen shakes her head,"I...I should have noticed a long time before now. Having missed it all since now was...it was nothing short of criminal." She say softly, ears drooping down and cover her eyes.

"Don't SAY that!" You exclaim, before shrinking back into yourself, "Um. It's wrong." You say, much less assuredly. "You're a really great and nice person, and, um, I'm sure that, uh, you'd always do everything you could for everyone..."

"Is that an admission of guilt?" A rough voice interrupts as a woman steps into the room. She's wearing a police officer’s uniform and is follow by two men in police uniforms as well. The lady officer adjusts her police cap and black sunglasses before speaking up again, "I'm Office Mason, and I'm in charge of the investigation of the incidents regarding the Abandoned Village." She informs you as her hidden gaze slides over from NReisen to you, sending a shock of intimidation through you. Somehow you feel like she knows all the bad things you've done! You just couldn't resist the temptation, and you took the cookie from the cookie jar when you were six!

No! It was Mima! Mimaaaaa! ...You shake off as much of it as you can, but her gaze is incredibly unsettling. You squirm in your seat, hand still raised to pat Nurse Reisen's shoulder reassuringly.

She stares at you for a short while longer, tearing away at your will and filling you with an unsettling fear before she turns away and focuses on NReisen, "I told you I'd be back to talk again. The Abandoned Village has been swept for evidence, or rather..." You could swear you feel her eyes swivel onto you even though she doesn't move her head, "Or rather, what was left of the village, which wasn't much more than an empty field and a whole lot of dust." She informs you, "And no signs of anyone having gone or left there recently at all. Imagine that, except..." She steps towards you only for NReisen to slide in front of you, subtly blocking the officer from you, "We both know that someone was there, and came back."

The Officer steps in closer to NReisen, getting up in here face,"Get out of my way Ears, I've got a suspect to question." She orders quietly.

NReisen's tail shivers violently for a moment but she responds firmly, "No."

"..." You stay quiet. Not deliberately, but mostly because the overwhelming pressure of the officer's gaze has sealed your mouth shut like a lock.

"...What was that? Afraid I didn't catch that." Officer Mason cocks her head to one side.

"I said, no." NReisen says as firmly as she can, though you can see just how agitated she is with the way her tail is acting, "You can ask your questions of him some other time, but not now. He's only just gotten back from that horrible experience and I'm not going to let you badger him with questions that can wait!"

"If you need answers, you already said you were going to ask me more questions." NReisen offers herself up as a sacrifice instead.

"Suspects don't get the same soft treatment as witnesses do Ears." Mason says, inching closer to the NReisen until the twos faces are just inches apart, "And you're stepping real close to crossing a line that keeps me from clapping you in irons and throw you in a cell for getting in the way of my investigation."

...A suspect!? It finally sinks in that you’re being called a suspect! A suspect for what!?

You notice by now that your girls have crowded around you. Yukari sits atop your head and provides a soothing warmth and softness there while Mima considerately places Youmu on your left shoulder as the poor girl blushes brightly before taking your right for herself. Reisen has simply hopped up into your lap and has taken a seat there, watching the officer and nurse face off.

CHOICES

[ ] Speak up! You’ll answer her questions! You can’t let her keep harassing NReisen!
--[ ] Is there anything in specific you do or don’t want to tell the Officer?

[ ] Stay quiet and hope it all goes away.

[ ] Break down crying.
No. 169649
[X] Speak up! You’ll answer her questions! You can’t let her keep harassing NReisen!
--[X] Ask for clarification on what you're being suspected of.
--[X]Avoid bringing Chester up.

No rest for the wicked indeed. Meet up with NReisen, immediately get accosted by a pushy cop who's not even bothering to tell him what he's being suspected of. Hence my first question of asking for clarification. I want to know what he's being suspected of before I go crafting a story to work with.

Second, I'd voting to keep Chester out of this primarily because of the fact that the guy's done us no wrong and personally I'd rather not rat him out. Nebosa has had minor dealings with the guy and could easily be considered an accessory depending on how much of an ass this particular cop is, or how idiotic the police system is. Keeping Chester out of this is just as much for him as it is for Nebosa, plus I'd rather stay on his good side.

In fact, I'd say refrain from saying anything until the cop clarifies some things, because her jumping on Nebosa's case like this now of all times, when he's tired out, seems like a pretty blatant attempt to make him jump the gun and not realize it until the cop's gotten what she wants.

Right now, we need to control the conversation and information flow. This cop has been nothing but rude, pushy, and suspect in her timing and not allowing Nebosa to rest before getting interrogated. Therefore, give her nothing until he knows exactly what he's being suspected of. Then dole out information as it's relevant and necessary.
No. 169650
[x] Speak up! You’ll answer her questions! You can’t let her keep harassing NReisen!
- The reason for the disappearances was a Fell Keine.
- We defeated the Fell Keine by capturing it inside a Touhouball.
- Upon capturing the Keine, the village underwent a rapid ageing process. It would seem that the Keine's history-related abilities were the only thing keeping the village intact.
- Before we could return to town we were accosted by a terribly shady guy who called himself Chester the Magnificent. He took the Keine from us.
No. 169651
>>169650
At first I thought telling the officer the truth was unwise but would the officer take us seriously if we did?
No. 169652
[x] Speak up! You’ll answer her questions! You can’t let her keep harassing NReisen!
- Only say that there was a (probably) Fell Keine and that it was safely and humanely dealt with (don't even admit to doing this yourself). If they want to know anything else they can wait until after you've had legal council.

Don't talk to the police, Nebosa!
No. 169653
[X] Speak up! You’ll answer her questions! You can’t let her keep harassing NReisen!
--[X] Request legal council.
--[X] Request to know what you are being suspected of.
No. 169654
[X] Speak up! You’ll answer her questions! You can’t let her keep harassing NReisen!
--[X] Ask for clarification on what you're being suspected of.
--[X] Don't mention capturing the Keine. Instead, your girls managed to weaken her when a wild Kagerou and her followers jumped in and drove her off into the forest. You don't know what happened to them after that, but the village crumbled into dust a little while later.

It's really not a good idea to mention that Nebosa captured the Fell Keine. The police are going to ask for it, and if we use the "Chester stole it" excuse, they'll ask why we didn't call about the theft earlier.
No. 169655
[X] Speak up! You’ll answer her questions! You can’t let her keep harassing NReisen!
--[X] Ask for clarification on what you're being suspected of.
--[X]Avoid bringing Chester up.
--[X] Get some legal council!

Yeah, this cop doesn't like us, let's remind her why 'bad cop' doesn't work in real life, hm?
No. 169656
[X] Speak up! You’ll answer her questions! You can’t let her keep harassing NReisen!

What's this? Bad Cop Worse cop?
No. 169659
[X] Speak up! You’ll answer her questions! You can’t let her keep harassing NReisen!
--[X] If inquiries are made about Youmu, use the following incomplete truth: you were accosted by THAT GUY, defeated him, and discovered that his trainer's license had been revoked. When she was informed of THAT GUY's legal inability to lay claim to her, Youmu opted to join you.
--[X] Regarding the village: The exceptionally strange and disturbing Keine was thwarted from her attempt to kidnap you by the appearance of a wild Kagerou and her pack, who gave the Keine an astounding drubbing and then pursued her away while you departed in the opposite direction. Do NOT refer to the Keine as Fell, just as strange and terrifying.

This should cover our bases fairly well, mainly by not containing mention of anything legally actionable.
No. 169660
[X] Speak up! You’ll answer her questions! You can’t let her keep harassing NReisen!

Maybe we can be at least partially truthful. Mention how we investigated the ghost town, and barely overcame the Keine. Do NOT refer to her as a fell. Then say that we were going to camp out for the night, when a Kagerou ambushed us. We managed to drive her off, then ran like hell to get out of the woods. Unfortunately we lost the touhouball holding the Keine in the woods in our panic to get out of there.

Our Youmu? A new acquisition while we were in the woods, that's all. It's all mostly, true, while leaving Chester out of it. I suspect he'd rather not be mentioned.
No. 169661
[X] Speak up! You’ll answer her questions! You can’t let her keep harassing NReisen!
--[X] Ask for clarification on what you're being suspected of.
--[X]Avoid bringing Chester up.
No. 169664
>>169647
[x] Ask for clarification on what you're being suspected of.
[x] Get legal counsel.
[x] Don't actually tell the officer anything yet: you don't know what she already does and doesn't know, and she might be able to catch you in a lie.
- [x] But if she asks why you want legal counsel, tell her "Because you're being a jerk."

council: a deliberative assembly; a group of people with collective administrative power. counsel: advice.
No. 169665
I would think there were be standards to handling your sole source of info about a case.

[x] >>169664

This sounds good.
No. 169666
[x] >>169664

the bandwagon goes CHOO CHOO wait no that's not it.
No. 169667
>>169666
The bandwagon goes clickety-clack, satan.
No. 169668
Getting legal counsel seems kind of extravagant. Just tell the police officer we don't remember anything, the touhoumon must've done something to our memories.

It's a fell. Who knows what they can and can't do?

And if we immediately say "where's my lawyer" that's saying "I'm a big juicy target, you just need to crack my shell."
No. 169676
>>169659
I like this
No. 169683
>>169668
>that's saying "I'm a big juicy target, you just need to crack my shell."
Or it could say "I'm not going to sit here and take it while you try to intimidate me into a pile of something that will do whatever you want."
No. 169687
>>169683
Except Nebosa is exactly that kind of person. re-read his reaction to just being looked at by the officer. He's totally intimidated.
No. 169690
You know, I think I can guess what's going on here and why.

The law is supposed to handle criminal activity, right? But here's this village out in the middle of the forest with a Fell Keine in it that's kidnapping anyone who wanders into her domain and keeping them with her until they die. Under normal circumstances, this is a crime and should be dealt with.

The problem is, no one could think about it too hard, and most people wouldn't know where it is. People have been vanishing into it for decades but nothing was done, which I would think is because the cops literally could not do anything about it. Less for the lack of drive to do so, and more because of Keine's mindrape.

So here's this big old problem that can't be dealt with through official channels. Then Nebosa comes along with his merry band and undoes that entire village, mindrape and all.

Suddenly, people start to remember. Loved ones who vanished one day and never came back. Old cases that suddenly got blown right back open and the cops are in a panic to get their shit together to go out and find out what the hell happened, while the public starts to curse them out for not dealing with the problem sooner. Since there's no village, and no perpetrator of said crimes, the police not only look uncaring, but everyone suddenly realizes that these guys have had their pants down for ages. An entire generation of cops looks like a bunch of idiots because of Nebosa being the only one to walk out of that village intact after exposing the truth.

So the cop we're dealing with right now is just a taste of what's to come if we don't handle this carefully. Nebosa made the law look like a bunch of morons, and now they're out for blood.
No. 169692
>>169690
That's a dangerous situation if its true.

I suggest dodging the questions and skipping town.

Darn cops. We solved their problem for them, how about a little gratitude?
No. 169693
>>169692

...Skipping town would be stupid. Unless someone votes for something stupid that incriminates the kid, Nebosa should be able to get out of this scot-free. The cops might be out for blood, but whether they can actually do anything to Nebosa is another matter entirely. He might be a suspect, but the law has nothing concrete on the kid outside of 'we think you might have done something', which wouldn't hold up in court unless the entire government system was against him/it was a kangaroo court.

Besides, if they actually did try anything without substantial evidence to prove that Nebosa committed a crime, remember that he is under the direct employ of Yukari Yakumo, head of Yakumo corp. Any kangaroo court shenanigans would get shot down pretty quick once she gets involved.

Though I wouldn't go bringing that latter part up. It's not relevant and not necessary for this interrogation. It's literally just an irate member of the butt-devastated police force trying to bully a kid for doing the right thing before they could. All he has to do is play it cool, give a plausible story, and if the cop is still giving us grief then we play the fuck-off card.

Seriously, the only thing he did 'wrong' in the Abandoned Village was to choose not to hold on to a murderer who was out to kill him any longer than necessary.
No. 169695
Invoking the YakuLawyer™ should be the final fuck-off card. I think we're better off reminding the cops of what >>169690 said. Pretty much "You mad bro cause I did your job?". Except worded far better and more like Nebosa's a lil BOSS. Low tone of voice, rhetorical, controlled anger etc etc.

Maybe I can word it properly whenever I start waking up later on
No. 169697
>>169693
>He might be a suspect, but the law has nothing concrete on the kid outside of 'we think you might have done something', which wouldn't hold up in court unless the entire government system was against him/it was a kangaroo court.

Not paranoid enough
2/10 would not Run with

In all seriousness, though, we shouldn't make assumptions about our legal safety. We know of at least two separate organized crime groups that are both very big, which necessitates bribes, which, in turn, necessitates dirty cops and judges.
I have no trust for the Law in this setting.
No. 169698
>>169697
>We know of at least two separate organized crime groups that are both very big, which necessitates bribes, which, in turn, necessitates dirty cops and judges.

Ah, but in that case, Chester can drop a hint in someone's ear about us. And he probably will: on the one hand, he has some reason to think we're useful, and on the other, he also has some reason to think that we might spill the beans about him under enough pressure.

>>169690
Ouch. I can't think of anything we can safely do both if this is true and if it isn't. We need more information.

>>169695
Jesus fuck, no. If we claim credit, their next question is going to be 'so where's the killer?' And, technically, we have just aided a murderer in escaping the law.
No. 169699
>>169698

Oh these cops know better. Cop instinct and all that. We can just make a story of how we fought Keine after we were attacked by her (which is true) and a pack of Kagerou came by(which is also true, just a bit later...) and joined in and ran her off. We then got the fuck outta Dodge and just got back to the Touhoumon center for medical attention.
No. 169700
[x] Break down crying.

Stay in character, guys. We've always wussed out when faced with greater authority.
No. 169701
>>169695
My main problem with that is its completely out of character.

Nebosa is the mildest-mannered kid on the block. There's no way he'd be able to level "controlled anger" at a cop and make them back down.
No. 169702
[X] Speak up! You’ll answer her questions! You can’t let her keep harassing NReisen!
--[X] Ask for clarification on what you're being suspected of.
--[X] Don't mention capturing the Keine. Instead, your girls managed to weaken her when a wild Kagerou and her followers jumped in and drove her off into the forest. You don't know what happened to them after that, but the village crumbled into dust a little while later.

I agree with >>169700 and >>169701 you guys are forgetting Nebosa's personality.
No. 169703
>>169700

There's a difference between a psycho murder/rapist and a pushy, asshole cop. Plus Nebosa was alone, while this time he's backed up by his girls and NReisen. Totally different circumstances.

Also, time for a fun bit of fridge horror! You know how in the Pokemon anime how there are some mons that just won't stay in their ball and could break out on their own at any time? I can't for the life of me think that this story would be different from that, since it seems to draw some inspiration from the anime. Just imagine what might have happened if we had voted to keep the Keine.

She might have built the strength back up to break out and do some actual damage in the time between Nebosa catching her and his returning to Hakutown's Touhoumon center. Or assuming he managed to hang onto her past this little accosting, at any time past that with no guarantee that he'd survive the next encounter.

Or if Nebosa had waited for the police, would that Keine have broken out before they finally managed to drag their heels all the way out there~?

In fact, I think that's why Chester stuffed her ball into no fewer than three boxes before putting the collection of boxes away. That wasn't to stop it from being retrieved, that was just to make sure she stayed in there until he could get her someplace where she could actually be dealt with without risk to... oh, everyone around him.

Just food for thought.
No. 169707
>>169703
>There's a difference between a psycho murder/rapist and a pushy, asshole cop.

Yeah. One's an enemy that is okay to oppose and defeat. The other is an authority figure whom you are condition from day one to respect and obey.

>Plus Nebosa was alone, while this time he's backed up by his girls and NReisen. Totally different circumstances.

I really, REALLY doubt that "owned" touhoumon will be given credence. It'd be like believing a mother when she tells you that her son is too much of a good person to have stolen anything.

I like the "Keine got dragged off by ferals" idea best. Protects us from implication, doesn't mention Chester, and the whole thing just stops because the antagonist was eaten by wild animals. Nothing sticks to us.
No. 169711
>>169703
>anime
Seriously doubt that has any bearing whatsoever on our story here.
No. 169712
[X] Speak up! You’ll answer her questions! You can’t let her keep harassing NReisen!
--[X] Ask for clarification on what you're being suspected of.
--[X] Don't mention capturing the Keine. Instead, your girls managed to weaken her when a wild Kagerou and her followers jumped in and drove her off into the forest. You don't know what happened to them after that, but the village crumbled into dust a little while later.

Don't pull out the lawyer card yet, we still have to find out what we're being accused of after all.
No. 169713
>>169707

Yes, because Nebosa, a weak, largely powerless human x-teen year old human is supposed to resist a powerful mind-raping and or reality-warping psycho murderer of a Keine who could reduce him to a bloody smear in an instant. By himself. With no support.

He only managed to resist after his team pulled him out of that Keine's trap and backed him up, not before.

As for the cop aspect, my point's flown clear over your head. I'm not saying to resist the cop so much as I'm saying that Nebosa shouldn't just bend over for her. A policewoman, though she enforces the law, is still bound to it and if she starts trying to pull shit the kid has some pretty powerful backup. That Keine could murder Nebosa in the blink of an eye. A cop arresting the kid for no good reason would be met with consequences.

I'm not saying his mons would provide interrogation support either. They'd provide emotional support, to act as bracing so he doesn't back down and turn into a submissive pool of quivering jelly just because a cop's being mean to him. Nebosa's got a story to explain his role in all this, and it's one that would take minimal fudging to wash his hands of the whole thing for good. There's no reason to break down crying when he's got that much support and a solid alibi.
No. 169714
[X] Speak up! You’ll answer her questions! You can’t let her keep harassing NReisen!
--[X] Ask for clarification on what you're being suspected of.
--[X] Don't mention capturing the Keine.
--[X] Don't mention Chester.

Potential cover story: After escaping the schoolhouse, Nebosa and his 'mon were fighting the Keine, when a pack of wild 'mon appeared. They mostly attacked Keine, allowing Nebosa and his 'mon to escape. They were then approached by the Kagero, who was waiting for Keine to weaken in the fight. Nebosa threw the moonstone at the Kagero, which evolved and then left to fight the Keine. Nebosa proceeded to run for his life and eventually made it back to town.

Nebosa has a 'dex entry to prove what happened with the Kagero. If asked about about where he got the Youmu, he could say that he met with some guy (while not identifying Chester in any way) and traded a random wild 'mon he caught in the forest for it.

Of course, all of our attempts to deny capturing the Keine would be quickly refuted if it turns out that the 'dex keeps a record of everything that we caught.

>>169701
It may be in character for the current Nebosa to start crying, but if we keep choosing the wussy opitons, he will stay a wuss. The best way for him to get less weak is by voting for the options that make him stand up for himself.

If the cops start seriously interrogating Nebosa, he should definitely keep his 'mon around. Reisen would be able to detect any dirty tricks they might pull (like bringing in a Shikieiki or Satori). If the interrogation gets too harsh we should get a lawyer. This is not a sign of guilt, but protection from overzealous law enforcement.
No. 169715
File 137113501434.png - (281.31KB , 1000x1000 , Mima Awesome.png ) [iqdb]
169715
"S-Stop!" You quaver, hesitantly. IT takes all of your force of will to speak. "I, I'll answer your questions! Leave Nurse Reisen alone!"

Officer Mason leans one last inch closer to the NReisen, their lips now just the smallest measure of space apart from one another, "You heard the boy Ears. Step off and get out of my way. I've got a job to do and I intend to do it." She growls.

"Oh?" NReisen responds, staring down the Officer, "That will be a change." She responds as she slides to the side and out of the Officer Mason's way on her path to you.

Officer Mason grits her teeth in annoyance at the remark as she takes the last few steps separating the both of you and stands in front of you, looming intimidatingly as she pulls out a notebook and pen and starts to flip slowly and purposefully through the writing filled pages, each page no doubt full of notes that lead to whoever she asked questions of going to prison for forever.

"Alright boy, we can do this two ways, the easy way for you or the hard way for you. Either's fine with me, but for your own sake I'd recommend you cooperate if you want to have a chance of not sleeping on a cot in a cell tonight." She tells you bluntly.

Even though you're intimidated by how she's acting, you feel the soothing presence from your old friends and your new ones. Yukari relaxes on your head and stares at the Officer with an unreadable expression. Your new Youmu fiddles nervously, and pointedly, with her sword and sheath.

Mima relaxes happily on your shoulder as she watches the officer, grinning at the Officer's need for a burn ward after NReisen's departing remark.

And Reisen...your Reisen just stares at the Officer's chest, eyes unblinking as she waits for whatever comes.

"...Um." You reply, hesitantly. "...You, uh, said, I was a suspect for something?"

"You're a suspect in somethings." The Officer responds as she starts scribbling something down in her notebook, no doubt dissecting everything you have to say and already finding out about that time you chipped your mothers newest clock-vase, or was it a vase-clock and tried to hide it.

"First and Foremost, you're the primary suspect and witness in the incidents regarding the Abandoned Village's sudden disappearance and apparent destruction." She tells you gravely, "That place was a valuable historical treasure to the people of Hakutown." NReisen quietly snorts derisively, "Whoever is responsible for its destruction should be looking forward to a long, long time behind iron bars." She tells you.

Oh no! When your friends defeated the Keine and you caught her, YOU destroyed the Abandoned Village! You're the criminal, it's you!

"Secondly, you were reportedly involved in an altercation with one Snowe Crabbe at the edge of Hakutown City Limits." She stares at you from behind those ridiculously sweet shades, "You travelers are all the same, having your touhoumon battles wherever you please." She shakes her head disappointedly at you, "Not to mention that I have it right here that you were already involved in a fight with a local child." She adds on, that stare becoming increasingly unsettling and accusatory despite being hidden behind sunglasses.

"But I didn't even want to fight...!" You protest, despairingly.

"Yes, of course you didn't." Officer Mason responds as she scribbles something else into her little notebook of your doom, "I bet all that happened is that he made eye contact and everyone knows that you can't turn down a battle, right? Save the excuses for your mother kid, I've already heard them all before."

Mima growls something at the officer that is extremely impolite of her to say. She's becoming agitated faster than your other friends are...

The Officer stares pointedly at your Mima, "Do I need to call in Animal Control?"

...You don't think you like this officer.

"....S-so." You try to put on a strong face. "Y-you, uh, had questions?"

"Yes, I do. In your own words, what happened to you while you were...'visiting' the Abandoned Village?" She asks you, pencil poised and at the ready to write down whatever you say and her thoughts on it.

"...Uh?" You take a moment to gather your thoughts and desperately try not to incriminate yourself. "W-well, um, while I was looking around, uh, I was attacked by a wild Keine?" You try.

It's not terribly convincing, but it's the truth!

She stares at you, her gaze boring into you like a...like...like a thing that bores into things you can't be imaginative under these circumstances. "Really now?" She asks softly, "And what'd you do with this 'wild' Keine?"

"W-well, we fought." You re-establish. "B-but we were able to beat her? Mostly? Kind of?"

"Oh? You fought this Keine and you beat her? But only mostly kind of?" She says, leaning dangerously towards you as Mima tenses up, seemingly getting ready to jump this uppity pig and teach her a lesson in proper manners. In front of you, Reisen's ears have gone into a fully erect combat posture. On your other shoulder, your new Youmu is becoming increasingly

concerned and agitated. To your side NReisen looks like she's about to intervene and get involved again.

And atop your head your Yukari lets out a quiet sigh of relief as someone else enters the room.

"Excuse me." A calm, older gentlemanly voice interrupt your interrogation. It's Sir Charles Wulfrich Reinbacher the Fourth, that guy you met when you got Yukari!

The Officer rounds on and focuses on the older man,"What the hell are you doing in here?" She snaps at him, "This area is off limits! Didn't those two outside already tell you off?"

Sir Charles adjusts his cuffs calmly as he responds, "Ah, them? Those fine young men let me through after I explained the situation to them! You see, I am here as a representative of YakumoCorp." You pick up a slight, subtle tensing of Officer Mason's body as he speaks, "And I am here to speak with you about your accusations towards one of our up and coming young stars."

The Officer stares at him, her body posture reading as 'exceedingly concerned' as Yukari exudes 'exceedingly smug'.

"Oh, well then you-" The Officer tries to take control of the situation.

"No ma'am, I think not." Sir Charles says calmly, "In fact, I think that you should take your fellows and go back to your station for now. You may contact YakumoCorp should you wish to arranged for a meeting with this fine young man here." Sir Charles informs her.

She stares at him, and then you and then NReisen before turning on her heel and throwing open the door only to see Hannibal there.

With one big, meaty hand on either of her two other Officer's shoulders. "I'll walk you out." He tells them. It isn't an offer.

And so Hannibal closes the door behind him as he escorts the nice Police Officers off of the Center property, and you are left with Sir Charles and NReisen.

"That was amazing but..." NReisen speaks up,"How did you know to come here...and why?"

Sir Charles smiles as he responds, "Well now my dear, YakumoCorp has its ways. And as for why, well...why wouldn't we take care of our own employees? It's only natural for us to step in when they're being mistreated, isn't it?"

"The only crimes here today were the criminal neglect and abuse of power that those rapscallions that call themselves Police Officers have been committing." He states firmly, mustache bristling.

"...But, but, they're the police." You're not sure you quite understand. "They can't be criminals."

NReisen makes a dismissive noise while Sir Charles laughs. "Oh, I remember those days of naivety in my halcyon days of my youth." He says, "Why, I remember many years ago when I was in a situation somewhat like yourself, you see I had just recently brought down a local gang that had been a part of an illegal touhoumon smuggling operation. As I was cleaning my knuckles off, the police broke in and..." He keeps going. It...looks like he might be telling this story for a while.

But you...

CHOICES
[ ] …Really want to listen to his story and maybe talk after.

[ ]…Should probably go get a shower or bath because you smell funny.

[ ] …are exhausted and need to go to bed or you’ll pass out.
No. 169716
[x] …Really want to listen to his story and maybe pass out later
No. 169717
[X] …Really want to listen to his story and maybe talk after.

Wow, this is worse than I thought it was. They know damn well that the Abandoned Village was a death trap, and that prick of a kid who was challenging people outside of designated combat areas was something they should have dealt with anyway.

But did they do anything? No. They left it because they couldn't be bothered.

Nebosa solving those problems will likely be, and was met with enthusiasm because he got something done.

Which brings me to my next point: The police are being assholes for two reasons now. One, Nebosa unintentionally humiliated them by dealing with the Abandoned Village and dealing with Crabbe. Two, the kid's going to start getting popular.

How is that a problem to the cops? Simple. One kid with nothing but chibis finally brought down the Abandoned Village for what it was while the cops, who are trained professionals, did nothing. This is going to inspire more people to become trainers, and take more matters into their own hands, which in turn undermines the police's authority. The more they get undermined, the less authority they'll have, and it just turns into a downward spiral as vigilantes become the norm.

Eventually the police become totally irrelevant, if not completely useless.

Which is precisely why they're bullshitting Nebosa about 'crimes' he's committed. What he's done was no crime, but they're trying to trump up charges anyway to stop another vigilante from coming into being, so to speak. They don't want the common folk to have a hero to rally around. Especially not one who does real good in the world.
No. 169718
[X] …Really want to listen to his story and maybe talk after.

Sounds like he'd get along well with Hannibal.

>The Officer responds as she starts scribbling something down in her notebook, no doubt dissecting everything you have to say and already finding out about that time you chipped your mothers newest clock-vase, or was it a vase-clock and tried to hide it.
Oh, Mom and her obsession with clocks.

>>169717
>and dealing with Crabbe
Just want to clear up something: Snowe Crabbe was THAT GUY. The annoying kid was named Conner.
No. 169719
[x]…Should probably go get a shower or bath because you smell funny.

He's cool and all but this can wait for another time. Shower & sleep's what Nebosa needs. And it's rude to fall asleep during someone's story anyway.
No. 169721
[X] …Really want to listen to his story and maybe talk after

Nebosa needs all the disillusionment about the police as he can get. If we are lucky, he may even start to grow a spine after this incident. With how that interrogation turned out, we might as well have voted to break down crying, and I, for one, am starting to get annoyed with how timid Nebosa is. I understand that the road to badassery is long, but the guy has earned at least a little self-confidence.

>>169717
Exactly. As >>169697 said, there is likely a culture of corruption in the police force. Unless proven otherwise, we should assume that they are desperately holding on to their power and are the enemies of an independent do-gooder (like the protagonist of most Pokemon-based stories). A more charitable person might suggest that the police are being harsh to try to get information on Chester and his connection with Fell 'mon, but a Koishi and its powers would prevent investigation even better than the Keine did.
No. 169722
>>169718

Yeah, I only noticed that after I posted my commentary. Not that it makes the larger argument any less true.
No. 169723
[X] …Really want to listen to his story and maybe talk after

I want to hear this guy out. Maybe he'll give us some inspiration to toughen up.

Also, this is worse than I thought. I thought that this cop was just being a hardass, but damn. They're that nasty combination of being ineffective, and being possessive of their role in society. This could be rough.
No. 169724
[X] …Really want to listen to his story and maybe talk after
It might just be that this particular lady has serious issues.
Do remember how the police at the station were overjoyed with how we dealt with the annoying kid we fought before?
No. 169725
[X] …Really want to listen to his story and maybe talk after.

>>169724

At this point, we can't afford to assume anything. Although you may be correct, we have to know as much as we can given the circumstances before we can make any further decisions as to how to interact with the police.
No. 169726
[X] …Really want to listen to his story and maybe talk after.

>>169717
>>169721
>>169723
Aren't you guys assuming too much by pinning the attitude of one officer to an entire department?
No. 169727
[x] …Really want to listen to his story and maybe talk later
-[X] Rest head on NReisen's lap - you've been a good boy, you deserve a treat.

What a fucking bitch.
Well, at least now the fucking incompetent second-rate 'cop' has noticed that there are bigger fishes than her own little playground that can beat the everloving shit out of whatever influence she has deluded herself that she gains from being a fuckup cop.

>>169726
3 at minimum - and since she was happily throwing her weight around, only stopping when she realized she had pissed off a group who could make her life literal hell, I think it's safe to say that this quite widespread.

...Speaking of which, is there any way we can 'thank' this cop?
By which I mean make her life hell, because fuck her.
No. 169728
>>169727
>because fuck her

Maybe in /at/.
No. 169731
>>169728

So many better options to explore first. So many /at/ scenes missed, at that.
No. 169732
[x]…Should probably go get a shower or bath because you smell funny.
guys
guys, youmu
she'll insist on helping
also you keep thinking too hard about everything
No. 169733
>>169727

I LOVE the way you think!

[x] …Really want to listen to his story and maybe talk later -[X] Rest head on NReisen's lap - you've been a good boy, you deserve a treat.

Although that bath option is so the possible 2nd NReisen bath scene BEST END.

Knew we'd have to need a YakuLawyer™. Cops were even more corrupt and evil than I though. Why the HELL do they care about a "local treasure" like the ghost town instead of all the lives lost? Did not think it would be Sir Charles bailing us out. Only polite to hear his story after busting us out of there.
No. 169734
>>169726

Not quite. We've only seen this one officer be irate, but there is some logical speculation involved here. Hakutown, if not the entire New Continent has a structured police system, which means there's high-ranking individuals, field grunts, ect. The fact that this one grunt is irate at Nebosa, in fact going so far as to jump on him the moment he gets back to the Touhoumon center after an exhausting day to try and intimidate something she can use to apprehend him out of him may very well be speaking volumes about the people she works for.
No. 169735
[X] …Really want to listen to his story and maybe talk after
No. 169736
>>169734

I'm callin' it ahead of time that the Chief of the police and the who's organization are nothing but a disguise for the New Team Rocket!
No. 169737
It's sort of funny how a suspicion was proven right: that the underworld fellow proves more sypathetic than the cops.
No. 169738
>>169734
Or she could just be trying to get as many arrests as possible while sucking up to her superiors to get promoted. The fact that she's only an officer, yet claiming to be leading the investigation of something that should really be handled by a detective squad speaks of her ambitions.
No. 169739
>>169731
>so many /at/ scenes
>running away with the Kagerou to spend the rest of your life fucking in the woods

>winning her over with the power of your dick and gaining a new touhoumon

>losing to the keine and getting 'educated' forever

>keeping the keine and getting abusive rape/hatesex

Anyways: In character this was a frightening event, but OOC I'm glad it happened, because now Nebosa knows not to blindly trust authority figures.

Never too young to learn that one.
No. 169740
>>169739
I was looking forward to some reluctant hate-sex with Keine, but Youmu is a fine trade.
No. 169741
So no one else wants to rest head on NReisen's lap?
Come on, you know she'd be ok with it.
And we've gone through some quite emotionally heavy stuff.

>>169733
Yeah, they were corrupt as hell.

And I think that NReisen fun times could be gained from resting our head on her lap as well
No. 169743
[x] …Really want to listen to his story and maybe talk later
-[X] Rest head on NReisen's lap - you've been a good boy, you deserve a treat.

Story time!
No. 169766
Just want to say that this is my favorite CYOA on this site. Made me go and download the game, even.

You're awesome. Don't you dare abandon this, though.
No. 169830
Next Thread:
>>169829

Last Thread:
>>167903