-  [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 57757)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM, WEBP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 136985875444.jpg - (219.37KB , 695x882 , 9422089503d5be5db7b6aa0538196283.jpg ) [iqdb]
57757 No. 57757
You catch Reimu’s eyes, and motion for her to start interrogating.

“Alright, kiddo. What is the kamaitachi’s plan?”

The youkai takes a breath. “Manipulate the weather, lure humans into the forest, capture them, and use them to lure the Hakurei shrine maiden to us.”

“Why?” you ask.

“…To defeat her and prove the superiority of the kamaitachi to Gensokyo.”

“… Is that it?” Reimu asks after a minute, frowning. “If they want to try defeating me, all they need to do is challenge me to a spellcard duel. I’d be happy to oblige.”

The youth looks to the side.

Reimu’s mouth gapes slightly in dull horror. “…They don’t intend for me to live, do they?”

You move to touch her shoulder. Before you can do so, however, she grits her teeth, balls her fists, and a faint (holy, you’re sure of it) aura shimmers around her. “Those thrice-damned idiots! Are they insane?!

“Reimu, calm down—“

She turns to you, fire in her eyes. “Wallace, if I’m killed without an heir, Gensokyo will instantly collapse!”

“Wait, what?” You’re not sure you heard her right.

“When Gensokyo was created, the Hakurei border was linked to the souls and bloodline of the Hakurei priestesses. Our lives are what stabilize the realm— in order to facilitate this, the border will prevent death by illness and other natural causes until an heir is produced, at which point the burden shifts to them. But what it doesn’t do is prevent unnatural death— such as at the hands of a living being. Which was the entire reason I started the spellcard system in the first place— so that youkai could challenge me without putting Gensokyo in jeopardy !” She turns to the weasel. “I know that the kamaitachi are recluses, but the clan elders have to know that my death is prohibited! It’s been common knowledge for nearly five generations!”

“…They do. And they’re against this plan.” He looks more collected, now. “About three months ago, our chief went into hibernation. He’s extremely old, so it takes him longer to wake up then it used to. With him out of commission, though, the leadership role fell to his eldest heir— currently his grandson, who shares the role with his twin sister. And they’re the ones who started all of this.” He sighs. “Tatewaki and Kodachi are extremely ambitious, and are not satisfied with living in the forest. They’re also incredibly charismatic, as well as unwilling to accept what they don’t want to acknowledge as truth. They’re convinced that the tales of the Hakurei clan’s life being tied to the realm are false, and they’ve managed to convince a good portion of our people of that as well.”

“…So they’re delusional.” Reimu mutters.

“…Very.

“Well,” you say, drawing their attention. “What’s the plan, then?”

“What else?” Reimu says, cracking her knuckles. “I’m going to put a stop to this. He,” she says, gesturing to the youkai. “Is going to lead me to the village. Then I’m going to explain to ‘Tatewaki’ and ‘Kodachi’ just how very cross I am.”

“…You’re forgetting something important.” She looks at you, confused, and you continue. “I’m here as well. It’s not you, it’s us. I’m not going to let someone I consider a friend walk alone into hostile territory— my parents raised me better than that. I’m coming too.”

“That’s…” she trails off, and shakes her head, smiling. “…You’re right. I’m sorry.”

“Good. Also…”

[x] Write-in.

Some things to keep in mind for the write-in:
How will your group enter the village? It might not be so simple as having your little friend lead you in.

Speaking of which, what’s going to happen to him, now that he’s actively going against his people’s plans? Is that even an issue?

Also, how did they pull off this weather shebang? But now, in the face of this plot, does it matter?
Expand all images
>> No. 57762
[x] 'What can you tell us about their skills?'
-[x] 'How did they manipulated the weather in the first place'

I can only think of one Touhou who can change weather but...
>> No. 57764
Hum.. a Number of things to consider.. Are the Kamaitachi such a tight wound group that magically changing reimu and wallace's features wouldn't work?

If not, we could have wallace disguise their appearances and pass them off as newly captured humans.

Other than that, maybe our kamaitachi has information on how we can easiest get to the two leaders? Maybe he knows a way we can get to the sleeping elder instead, perhaps direct confrontation isn't the path we should take right now.

I'm not certain that we have any way to convince the kamaitachi that reimu's life is linked to the barrier, so maybe a flashy power play would work? It could backfire as well of course..
>> No. 57765
>>57764
And maybe we can get patchy to contact someone else? We now know this isn't quite as simple of an incident as we first thought, and there are more than a few people who would be "upset" with the barrier dissolving.
>> No. 57767
Does anyone else not trust this guy we captured? He spilled the beans almost immediately, what if its all part of their plan to have the first patrol that's captured act as 'friendly guides' and lure Reimu into some kind of death trap. If this kamaitachi was so against Tatewaki and Kodachi's plan to kill Reimu that he would immediately go turn coat why didn't he run off and try to warn someone about this plot that's threatening to implode Gensokyo before being captured by Reimu?

[x] Interrogate the kamaitachi about the layout of the village, any defenses or traps.
-[x] Afterwards tie up the kamaitachi to a near by tree or immobilize him in some way.

[x] Can Wallace send in scouting bats? If so
Send in scouting bats to verify the layout of the village otherwise just try and observe from a distance before going in.

[x] Suggest Reimu ditch the shrine maiden uniform if possible. If these kamaitachi really are such an isolated tribe they might not recognize Reimu without it. This way if anyone sees us their first reaction wont be 'RAISE THE ALARM IS REIMU'.
>> No. 57768
>>57767
Indecisiveness, youth. I'll come out and say right now that he can be trusted.
>> No. 57769
>>57768
In that case most of my paranoia is unneeded. Changing my vote to
[x]Ask him about the layout of the village, any potential traps and what kind of skills do Tatewaki and Kodachi possess.
[x]Disguise yourselves, try to sneak in and wake up the elder.
>> No. 57776
By the way, there's a rather blatant reference to something in here, and I hope people will eventually understand why I made it.
>> No. 57781
[X] Ask him about the layout of the village, any potential traps and what kind of skills do Tatewaki and Kodachi possess.
[X] Why aren't the other clan elders capable of stopping this plan? Shouldn't they have enough influence to check Tatewaki and Kodachi?
[X] Disguise yourselves and sneak in. Have the youth lead you to a higher up that he knows disagrees with the pair's plans.

I noticed that Reimu mentioned elders, but only the chief is stated to be out of action. A little subversion would help so we don't end up fighting the whole village in the inevitable conflict.

>>57776
Would it be these lines:
>About three months ago, our chief went into hibernation. He’s extremely old, so it takes him longer to wake up then it used to.
>Tatewaki and Kodachi are extremely ambitious, and are not satisfied with living in the forest. They’re also incredibly charismatic, as well as unwilling to accept what they don’t want to acknowledge as truth.
Because I was expecting Reimu to snark about the former and Wallace about the latter, given how familiar those sound.
>> No. 57788
>>57781
Ever read/watch Ranma 1/2? If not, look at a list of characters from it.
>> No. 57791
[X] Ask him about the layout of the village, any potential traps and what kind of skills do Tatewaki and Kodachi possess.
[X] Why aren't the other clan elders capable of stopping this plan? Shouldn't they have enough influence to check Tatewaki and Kodachi?
[X] Disguise yourselves and sneak in. Have the youth lead you to a higher up that he knows disagrees with the pair's plans.

Seems like a sound course of action.

>>57788

It's been awhile, but looking them up has refreshed my memory a tad. Curious to see how far you take the reference.

On a slightly related note, thread 2 of this story seems to have disappeared into the void. Any way we can get it back?
>> No. 57976
[X] Ask him about the layout of the village, any potential traps and what kind of skills do Tatewaki and Kodachi possess.
[X] Why aren't the other clan elders capable of stopping this plan? Shouldn't they have enough influence to check Tatewaki and Kodachi?
[X] Disguise yourselves and sneak in. Have the youth lead you to a higher up that he knows disagrees with the pair's plans.

Going in all guns a-blazing is likely only to get us killed, even if we do all the groundwork beforehand to identify any obvious traps and blindspots. We need an "in" with the community itself, someone among the kamaitachi opposed to these two upstarts and that people are willing to listen to.

Subterfuge is the order of the day.

Also, wow, this is still being updated, even though it's been months since I visited last. Props, writefag.
>> No. 57980
Some more votes would be appreciated, y'all.
>> No. 57981
[X] Ask him about the layout of the village, any potential traps and what kind of skills do Tatewaki and Kodachi possess.
[X] Why aren't the other clan elders capable of stopping this plan? Shouldn't they have enough influence to check Tatewaki and Kodachi?
[X] Disguise yourselves and sneak in. Have the youth lead you to a higher up that he knows disagrees with the pair's plans.

>>57980
Ask and ye shall receive.
>> No. 57982
[X] Ask him about the layout of the village, any potential traps and what kind of skills do Tatewaki and Kodachi possess.
[X] Why aren't the other clan elders capable of stopping this plan? Shouldn't they have enough influence to check Tatewaki and Kodachi?
[X] Disguise yourselves and sneak in. Have the youth lead you to a higher up that he knows disagrees with the pair's plans.

Alright, then.
>> No. 58069
[X] Ask him about the layout of the village, any potential traps and what kind of skills do Tatewaki and Kodachi possess.
[X] Why aren't the other clan elders capable of stopping this plan? Shouldn't they have enough influence to check Tatewaki and Kodachi?
[X] Disguise yourselves and sneak in. Have the youth lead you to a higher up that he knows disagrees with the pair's plans.
[X] Contact Patchy, and debrief.
>> No. 58070
Oh, just so you know - there's been no notification in Thread 9 that we've moved to a new thread. I've been checking that for two weeks now; if I hadn't been replying to Being Meiling and looked at /sdm/ proper I'd never have noticed this thread.
>> No. 58095
>>58070
Actually, I don't think I've ever consistently mentioned in old threads that we've moved to new ones. I might be wrong, though.

I'll try to work on that in the future.
>> No. 58112
On a random note, I love how Wallace is all "oh no, young girl reacting to death threat" and Reimu replies "Screw that, Gensoukyou's going to blow up!"
>> No. 58113
>>57776
Is the elder kamaitachi Hawaiian?
>> No. 58115
>>58113
I needed Japanese names for a delusional, obnoxious brother/sister pair, and they were the best fit. Also, Hawaii is probably unknown to old Gensokyo youkai.
>> No. 58123
>>58115
Ah, the age old "I know my childs future so i will name them accordingly" syndrome.
Sometimes i wish my parents had such foresight, part of my name means "Christ's" yet i'm agnostic bordering on atheism.
>> No. 58251
>>58115
After their names popped up, I kept misreading "Reimu" as "Ranma".
>> No. 58297
Well, June was far busier than I thought!

Writing now.
>> No. 58418
>>58297
What about July?
>> No. 58600
>>58297
What about August?
>> No. 58749
Damn.. I really liked this story. It was the only story I can recall that had a likeable patchouli. I'm sad to see it go
>> No. 58750
>>58749
As long as I can hold out in hopes of it returning, so can you. we must be united!
>> No. 59501
>>58297
I guess October's a no-go as well?
>> No. 59504
>>59501
We can all hold out hope.
>> No. 59684
...November?
>> No. 59777
>>59684
Try again, squire.

As we inexorably move the thread to autosage with glacial posting.
>> No. 60308
Happy New Year?
>> No. 60310
>>60308
More like Chinese New Year
>> No. 60319
Could I get an update for Valentine's Day?

Maybe?
>> No. 60320
File 139228283384.png - (83.09KB , 224x355 , Johnentines.png ) [iqdb]
60320
>>60319
>> No. 60502
>>58297
are you ok? its ok to tell us if its over, we just want some closure... well, i do anyway...
>> No. 60504
>>60502
You're gonna catch immeasureable crap for not saging on story almost a year dead.
>> No. 60505
>>60502
agahagawaweaded

crush kill destroy
>> No. 60506
>>60504
sorry i didnt know. people always go on about how "sage does nothing"..
I thought it was just on hold because thats what it said on the search page. i just wanted to have a conformation from the author since ive seen stories come back after as long as 4 or 5 months before...

sorry for my grammer if its wrong
>> No. 60508
>>60506

>people always go on about how "sage does nothing"..

THP is not 4chan. Due to the much slower rate of posting here, sage is actually useful.

To catch up on how THP works please do the following:

Look at the top right of the site. You should see a link labeled "Home". Click on it and you'll be at the sites front page. There are four tabs to switch between. Read both FAQ and Rules.

Once you've done that, go to this thread >>/gensokyo/6052

Please read it entirely, including the seemingly irrelevant comments below. There are some important facts mentioned among the clutter that aren't really mentioned elsewhere.

Finally, this is the news and general information thread >>/gensokyo/1351

This one isn't as important as the others, but please read it if you can spare the time.

Once you've read all that, you should pretty much know everything you need to know. If you still have any questions, feel free to come back and ask us.
>> No. 60529
Damn, I need more of this Patchouli...

Anyone got any recommendations for a guy in need of a Patchy-fix?
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x