[Return]
Archived Thread
File 13181847043.jpg - (58.42KB , 400x354 , 97650fa61d98ce618612e26da62382fd.jpg ) [iqdb]
47752 No. 47752
You are Patchouli Knowledge, a physically frail and sickly magician of profound aptitude and power. You live in the Voile Archives of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, though it seems like a temporary relocation is in your near future. You are Friends with Remilia, the vampire who owns the mansion, who considers it entirely too much effort to try to feed off you. Your Magical Potency varies somewhat from day to day, depending on how long of an incantation you can manage before breaking off into a fit of coughs, and how much strain your body can handle in addition to the rigors of illness. You currently have one vial of Medication to offset the worst of the days, however, though it will later exact a toll, and your new Magical Focus eases use of magic to a significant degree. It seems that Luck can play a reasonable part in keeping yourself healthy, as can the Hakurei Hot Spring, unlike other types of hot water. You have taken medicine today.

Your magic is based on Elementalism primarily, though you are also skilled in Diabolism and Other Summonings, which can be surprisingly versatile, particularly in combination with Golems. You recall that you used to be able to make Homunculi, but will have to refresh your memory on the exact details of 'how' before you can do so again. You can also craft Wards, though you would have to refresh your memory to do anything further than 'defend books from harm'. The ward which should in theory prevent instant transport into your library has been up for some time.

Recently you have had a spider forced into your care for the test of a new treatment, and Marisa has come calling in search of certain missing items. There was an awkward conversation, in which you successfully talked her into your service. She is now dressed as a butler, and seems to be more comfortable than she was in her normal clothes, sans bloomers.

You have returned to the library, where the two greek golems are standing watch over Koakuma as she pours a barrel of caramel into a stone mold. The chocolate pudding golem is nearby, on a large sheet set to prevent it getting into the carpet. Yamame is nowhere to be seen. Marisa is watching the proceedings with confused interest.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47755
[x] Satisfy Marisa's curiosity, within reason, lest she take the matter into her own hands.
[x] If she can help, have her help. Otherwise, have her make various healing potions.
[x] Golem craftan' time.
>> No. 47757
[x] Satisfy Marisa's curiosity, within reason, lest she take the matter into her own hands.
[x] If she can help, have her help. Otherwise, have her... do something. Surely there's something that needs to be done.
[x] Golem craftan' time.
>> No. 47758
[X] Satisfy Marisa's curiosity, within reason, lest she take the matter into her own hands.
[X] If she can help, have her help. Otherwise, have her... do something. Surely there's something that needs to be done.
[X] Golem craftan' time.

I'm not sure I'd want to drink anything Marisa's brewed.
>> No. 47759
[X] Satisfy Marisa's curiosity, within reason, lest she take the matter into her own hands.
[X] If she can help, have her help. Otherwise, have her... do something. Surely there's something that needs to be done.
[X] Golem craftan' time.

Like the other guy said, I 'd rather not taste anything Marisa had a hand in making.
>> No. 47763
[X] Satisfy Marisa's curiosity, within reason, lest she take the matter into her own hands.
[X] If she can help, have her help. Otherwise, have her... do something. Surely there's something that needs to be done.
[X] Golem craftin' time.
>> No. 47764
[x] Satisfy Marisa's curiosity, within reason, lest she take the matter into her own hands.
[x] If she can help, have her help. Otherwise, have her make various healing potions.
[x] Golem craftan' time.

Don't worry, the potions are for our students, not for us.
>> No. 47765
[x] Satisfy Marisa's curiosity, within reason, lest she take the matter into her own hands.
[x] If she can help, have her help. Otherwise, have her... do something. Surely there's something that needs to be done.
[x] Golem craftan' time.

I'd be suspicious of anything Marisa'd make that wasn't intended to go boom.
>> No. 47767
I was going to say that if it's good enough for the villagers, it's good enough for us. But villagers probably shove everything in their mouths.
>> No. 47768
>>47764
Is that suppose to make us feel better about it?
>> No. 47769
Regarding our health:

Known modifiers:
Luck: +20
Hot springs: +10

Medicine: +5d4 HP today, -half of the result tomorrow, expected values: +12.5HP, -6.25HP — We will have on average 56.25HP per day, if we take medicine every day.

Yamame: The spider turns our health into some kind of bell curve, although the exact parameters are unknown at this time. If what we get is a simple binomial distribution with n=100, p=0.5, we will get a distribution with 50 as the expected value and a standard deviation of 5. In this case, our health would lie in the range [40,60] with a 95% probability and in the range [45,55] with a probability of 68%. Of course, the distribution might be different, in which case this is all wrong.
>> No. 47770
[X] Satisfy Marisa's curiosity, within reason, lest she take the matter into her own hands.
[X] If she can help, have her help. Otherwise, have her... do something. Surely there's something that needs to be done.
[X] Golem craftan' time.
>> No. 47771
[X] Satisfy Marisa's curiosity, within reason, lest she take the matter into her own hands.
[X] If she can help, have her help. Otherwise, have her... do something. Surely there's something that needs to be done.
[X] Golem craftin' time.

It occurs to me that Patchy will need to have something for Marisa to do when Tewi comes by with the meds - we don't want a third wheel for the trips to see the way the outside has changed.
>> No. 47772
>>47769
Something Yamane said bother me. She said that "It really didn't like that", referring to our sickness when we took the medicine. Putting aside the fact that this sickness seem far too...sapient aside, this may imply that regularly taking the medicine could start to weaken the sickness on a more permanent basis. I hope.

I also really hope nothing in that mixture has any addictive effect. Eirin still isn't all that skilled with non-lunarian physiology. And she's kind of bitch too.

Otherwise:

[X] Satisfy Marisa's curiosity, within reason, lest she take the matter into her own hands.
[X] If she can help, have her help. Otherwise, have her... do something. Surely there's something that needs to be done.
[X] Golem craftan' time.
>> No. 47773
>>47772
That's probably the backlash effect mentionned: it works with a vengeance the next day for being forcibly reppressed today.
>> No. 47774
[X] Satisfy Marisa's curiosity, within reason, lest she take the matter into her own hands.
[X] If she can help, have her help. Otherwise, have her... do something. Surely there's something that needs to be done.
[X] Golem craftin' time.
>> No. 47775
[x] Satisfy Marisa's curiosity, within reason, lest she take the matter into her own hands.
[x] If she can help, have her help. Otherwise, have her make various healing potions.
[x] Golem craftan' time.

The potions aren't for us. Thus, any side effects were merely be hilarious.
>> No. 47777
File 13182038573.jpg- (236.30KB , 800x810 , 851e51e7b1b1447066c81eea37847296.jpg ) [iqdb]
47777
"A commission, in exchange for a favor." You explain without giving the particulars. You pull open a portal and wave at it. "Your pot, I noted, is of more than sufficient size. Koakuma will assist you in moving it through, and you can begin melting marshmallows for the next."

"Yeah, sure." Marisa says, staring warily at the hole before moving through it. Koa finishes pouring the caramel before following, and you set in to work.

It takes most of an hour for you to adapt the magics to the new substance, and by the time you have it working Marisa is already slowly stirring at the pot, Hakkero beneath and clearly focusing more than a little heat upward. Most of her attention is on the crystal you are slowly forming in the sweet goop, rather than the slowly deforming and liquefying marshmallows.

Once you have it in proper form, inscribing the runes takes only a few further minutes and the caramel golem activates. You likely will have enough time for one more before dinner, and possibly one after, at this rate, leaving you half done before bed.

"Marisa. The marshmallows are prepared?" You ask.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, nice and goopy." She says, pulling up the stirring rod to let the substance flow back into the pot as you direct the new golem out to stand next to the chocolate one. You nod, and move the heated metal by will, pouring the thick fluid into the mold.

"... So, what are these for, then?"

"I was not informed. I really don't care to know." You answer dryly. "And before you ask, I'm sure you're happier not knowing the 'who'."

".. Yukari." Marisa says flatly, suddenly wary of the constructs, as though they were going to transform into scorpions at any moment. You shrug.

"Those crates should have gelatin in them, similar to the kind in the plastic containers of the samples..."

"Nope." Koakuma replies as you set the pot back down. "Lots of little boxes inside."

There's a slight ripping noise, and then a soft shaking.

"The boxes have powder inside." Koa says. "Looks like there's instructions on how to turn it into gelatin on the back, though."

"Yes, very well. I'll do the whip-cream next, then." You say. "In the mean time, you finish making those copies and you, Marisa, be sure to get all the gunk out of that pot and have it sterilized in case it's needed. Then the two of you, test the recipe to be sure it works and adjust it in preparation for the quantities I'll need to work with tomorrow."

There are noises of assent made as you set to work. Hours pass as first the marshmallow golem activates, after some difficulty from adjusting it to take into account how it had begun to cool and solidify, and then after a brief break for a light meal and tea, the cream golem joins its brothers.

It is now late in the evening, and Marisa is poking childishly at a jiggling bowl full of red gelatin, explaining to Koa how she had to do something to invert the heat-generating aspect of her Hakkero to heat-absorption in order to chill the mixture of boiled water and powder enough to make it 'settle' into its current semisolid form. Koa doesn't seem to care about the details, but you find it vaguely interesting, and allow her to ramble about it like an eager puppy for a while.

You expect you could reach an identical effect by simply encasing the molds in ice for a little while. In any case, you suppose you could try to fit in one more golem tonight, though you are already a little tired, or you can sleep and finish up the rest tomorrow. Alternatively, it probably wouldn't take too long to go through a set of notes before you have to sleep, and you don't doubt there is some other way you could think of to fill the time as well.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47778
[X] Fit in another golem - we took our medicine today, so today very like is going to have been better than tomorrow will turn out.
[X] If we still have time after that, read something.
[X] Then sleep.
>> No. 47779
[x] Examine Marisa's Hakkero in detail, with her permission. Ask her about it.
[x] Go over some notes.
[x] Sleep.

We got two golems done. That's enough work for one day.
>> No. 47780
[x]Go through the notes and call it a night, no point in pushing yourself when you need another full day's work to finish regardless.
>> No. 47781
[x] Ask about Marisa's Hakkero.
[x] Go over some notes.
[x] Sleep.

We already examined what we could. To learn more, we either need to open it (which Marisa will probably be reluctant to do since she didn,'t build it herself) or ask her about it and its creation.

I wonder what Yukari will think of what we'll add to two of those golems.
>> No. 47782
[x] Examine Marisa's Hakkero in detail, with her permission. Ask her about it.
[x] Go over some notes.
[x] Sleep.

I would think that, given a proper recording of the constituent parts' precise order of removal, placement and any binding enchantments, Patchy wouldn't have too much of a problem breaking down & then reassembling the hakkero.
>> No. 47783
[x] Ask about Marisa's Hakkero.
[x] Go over some notes.
[x] Sleep.

We've examined it once before - asking Marisa about it is more likely to yield useful information than simply looking at it again.
>> No. 47785
[X] Ask about Marisa's Hakkero.
[X] Go over some notes.
[X] Sleep.
>> No. 47786
[X] Ask about Marisa's Hakkero.
[X] Go over some notes.
[X] Sleep.

In the morning we can see if Marisa is actually going to go through with this or if she plans on breaking her word.
>> No. 47787
[X] Fit in another golem

There's always room for Jello

ALWAYS.
>> No. 47788
[X] Fit in another golem - we took our medicine today, so today very like is going to have been better than tomorrow will turn out.
[X] If we still have time after that, read something.
[X] Then sleep.
>> No. 47789
File 131826191799.png- (1.12MB , 850x840 , sample_c9cc4b8d79ca7e45947c71a7b8755d5ee4d81b5c.png ) [iqdb]
47789
"I wouldn't mind learning more about your device." You say aloud.

"Huh... the Hakkero? Aha..." Marisa looks awkward for a moment. "There's really not much to say, it's pretty user-friendly. Shovel magic in and fire, or put magic in to make heat, or put magic in to do the opposite of that, like I just did. I didn't actually make it though, I just told Kourin that I wanted something with certain qualities, and he made it. I'm not big on construction or enchantments."

"I am aware." You reply. "You know nothing of how it actually functions, then?"

"I'm better on practical magic." Marisa says, rather than an outright 'no'. "I'd just usually grab a book to fill a couple days while he tacked on the latest thing."

"Hmph. You won't get much further in magical studies with that sort of lackadaisical attitude." You point out.

"Hey, I don't have the kind of time it takes to learn how everything works." Marisa points out. "Once I'm immortal and don't have to worry about that sort of thing, I can start putting a few decades aside here and there to cover that."

"I'm astonished that you think you'll be able to manage something like that, with such half-hearted effort." You say, shaking your head.

"Geeze, nag nag nag. You're sounding just like Mima now, you know?" Marisa says, arms crossed over her chest.

... That's an unfamiliar name. You say as much.

"What, Mima? She taught me magic for a while, a ways back." Marisa says, vaguely.

"... I'd be most interested to hear more details of her." You say, frowning. It's not really any of your business, but practiced magic-users seldom take on young, attractive, energetic students as apprentices out of an earnest desire to pass along the secrets of their craft.

"Ah, well." Marisa says, rubbing the back of her head. "No big secret that the old man didn't exactly approve of the whole witchcraft thing. So I ended up leaving the house early on to try to study on my own, but... well, that didn't work out great. I crossed paths with Mima though, and after some stuff happened, she ended up teaching me some. She has two ways of teaching, when it comes down to it: 'hands off', where she's just kind of there, and answers questions and all but doesn't actually do anything to help you study and learn without being pushed. And 'hands on', which... uh, isn't fun." Marisa pauses to shrug. "But you learn fast, if you don't mind the pain."

"Hm... tell me more about her, specifically." You say.

"Eh? Guess you haven't met. Well, I guess she hasn't been around for a while. She's pretty unmistakable, though... very green hair, fancy clothes, pointy hat. That dangerous crescent staff she carries around everywhere..."

"She simply left at some point, then?" You say, considering the matter.

"Oh, yeah. Well, it's been years, anyway. She's probably haunting a fitness club or gym somewhere. Or she got caught by the afterlife police and I should break her loose. One of those. She'll get upset if I assume it's the second when it's the first though... probably better not to do anything." Marisa says, seeming to be thinking aloud for a moment.

"She is a ghost, then?" You say, slightly uncertain.

"Yeah. Well... not what she calls it, anyway. Insists she's 'just a soul', denies actually being dead."

".... That does make more sense." You say, brow un-furrowing.

"Huh? I always assumed it was just something she said." Marisa said, taking her turn as the uncertain one.

"If she was a ghost, and had done something to draw attention to spiritual authorities, they could simply enforce her immediate judgment and afterlife or reincarnation." You explain. "Simply being 'a soul', however, implies that she is instead in some state of astral projection, and that she is not actually dead, and therefore those authorities would have little power to do anything but capture and contain her."

You take a moment to work out the theory in your head, and nod.

"... It's actually impressively clever." You say. "If it works the way I believe, at least. Projecting ones self out of the body, in a form drastically more difficult to harm, then placing the body in a type of suspended animation from the outside, preventing death of old age, and then securing it in a secret place, away from harm. I don't doubt there are failsafes prepared, of course, to prevent her from being forced back into her body, and again to instantly remove the effect causing the suspended animation in case of the primary failsafes failing... well, else there would be a constant risk of being banished to a body sleeping eternally, trapped forever or until someone locates it and releases her from the outside."

"... You seriously got all that from 'just a soul'?" Marisa said, dubiously.

"Such is the benefit of making a point of knowing 'how things work'. It only makes logical sense." You reply. "In any case.... I am very much impressed with this Mima. And would be wary of facing her." You admit. "It's a noted part of such projections, that once freed of the body the wandering spirit has access to only a fraction of the power at hand normally. For that tiny slice of the whole to still be enough to enact plans to secure the vulnerable body... her power must be outright terrifying."

You shake your head, even as Marisa continues to look skeptic regarding your appraisal of her instructor's ability.

"... In any case, it draws late, and I tire." You say, changing the subject rather than ask any more pointed questions. "Collect what you will from your home, place what notices you must, and be here in the morning."

"Sure, sure." Marisa says, considering the gelatin as you turn to leave.

"Eat it if you wish." You allow, before you are out of vocal range.

---

The day is Aug 22, 10 days to term.
It is Monday: Day of The Moon. 'Moon' related magics come easier and to greater effect for you today.
--Yamame, medicine backlash -4
Your health level is 65/100: Somewhat better than average, though your lungs ache and your breathing is somewhat labored.

---

You wake slowly, and make your way out to the library proper. Yamame is napping, hanging upside down from the high ceiling. You notice with a frown that she has taken the liberty of setting up a web. Marisa is similarly asleep, lazily sprawled across a number of ragged and patched cushions and blankets, which you recall having last been on her bed, and are now strewn casually across an out-of-the-way patch of floor.

It's actually a little unexpected, as you had been prepared to head to her home and force her into compliance. But for now, at least, it looks like the black-white is perfectly willing to follow through on deals struck. The bowl of test-gelatin seems to have been eaten promptly, leaving only a few traces clinging to the sides.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47791
[x] Wake Marisa up.
[x] Golem construction.
[x] Take medecine if sickness gets in the way of golem construction.

Not that we planned for anything else today.
>> No. 47792
[x] Get to work on the Golems. Wake up Marisa to help.
>> No. 47793
[x] Wake up Marisa
[x] Explain to Yamane that, while you appreciate her assistance with your sickness, if any of her webs get anywhere even near your books, you will demonstrate the concept of "fire hazard". Suggest she re-position them, either in the room Sakuya has no doubt prepared, or someplace more likely to actually trap intruders and not books, such as near one of the entrances.
[x] And while you're at it, see what the spider has to say about your "old friend" today, since it didn't "like" the medication yesterday.
[x] Golem construction.
[x] Take medecine if sickness gets in the way of golem construction.
>> No. 47794
[x] Wake Marisa up.
[x] Golem construction.
[x] Take another dose of medicine. The spider Youkai mentioned that the illness didn't like the medicine. Consider the possibility that if you continually took the medicine, your illness would go away for good.
>> No. 47795
Hmm, this thread has been giving me all sorts of ideas for Doll's... which looks to be getting close to auto-sage, so I imagine Bonus Time should pop up at some point.

That said:

[x]Wake Marisa up, and give Yamame a poke. If she wakes up, have breakfast, if not... have breakfast anyways, she can ask Sakuya to get something for her when she does.
[x]If Yamame wakes up at any point and asks that you take your medicine, do so. Otherwise hold off until she's awake to monitor the results.
[x]Get to work on those golems.
>> No. 47796
[x]Wake Marisa up, and give Yamame a poke. If she wakes up, have breakfast, if not... have breakfast anyways, she can ask Sakuya to get something for her when she does.
[x]If Yamame wakes up at any point and asks that you take your medicine, do so. Otherwise hold off until she's awake to monitor the results.
[x]Get to work on those golems.
>> No. 47797
[x]Wake Marisa up, and give Yamame a poke. If she wakes up, have breakfast, if not... have breakfast anyways, she can ask Sakuya to get something for her when she does.
[x]If Yamame wakes up at any point and asks that you take your medicine, do so. Otherwise hold off until she's awake to monitor the results.
[x]Get to work on those golems.

Mimachat~ New goal: Meet Mima. Shouldn't be that hard, all we need to do is ask Dumbledore the specifics of his Find People spell and tweak it. Or perhaps Patchy already has a suitable spell? Because tripping the no-doubt impressive anti-detection wards Mima has placed should be Fun.
>> No. 47798
[x] Wake Marisa up.
[x] Golem construction.
[x] Take medicine if sickness gets in the way of your tasks today.

>>Consider the possibility that if you continually took the medicine, your illness would go away for good.

Or it could adapt and increase the backlash. Let's wait for Eirin's evaluation before making such assumptions. We were prepared to go without the previous day, and would have if not for Marisa showing up: no reason to take it now unless it causes difficulties.

Yamame's net effect so far is... puzzling. By all rights, she should usually be setting our health backwards on days we are >50 hp, and yet today, it failed to happen again. Of course this assumes that Yamame's effect is counted directly in the visible modifier; if it's merely counted via an altered probability distribution and her effect doesn't show up on the modifier, ignore my rambling.
>> No. 47799
It changes how base health is determined for the day, before modifiers are applied.
>> No. 47800
>>47798
Eirin can't make an evaluation without data. That's the reason why she sent Yamame here: to gather data. She prefers data with the medicine taken.
>> No. 47802
[x] Wake up Marisa and Yamame.
[x] Make medium-term plans to ask your various sources about this "Mima". No rush and no reason to meet her unprepared.
[x] Explain to Yamane that, while you appreciate her assistance with your sickness, if any of her webs get anywhere even near your books, you will demonstrate the concept of "fire hazard". Suggest she re-position them, either in the room Sakuya has no doubt prepared, or someplace more likely to actually trap intruders and not books, such as near one of the entrances.
[x] And while you're at it, see what the spider has to say about your "old friend" today, since it didn't "like" the medication yesterday.
[x] Take medication.
[x] Golem construction.
>> No. 47803
I wonder how the full power Mima compare to youkai like Yuuka and Yukarisince her astral form alone is already final boss level. That's kind of terrifying in a way.

[x] Wake up Marisa and Yamame.
[x] Make medium-term plans to ask your various sources about this "Mima". No rush and no reason to meet her unprepared.
[x] Explain to Yamane that, while you appreciate her assistance with your sickness, if any of her webs get anywhere even near your books, you will demonstrate the concept of "fire hazard". Suggest she re-position them, either in the room Sakuya has no doubt prepared, or someplace more likely to actually trap intruders and not books, such as near one of the entrances.
[x] And while you're at it, see what the spider has to say about your "old friend" today, since it didn't "like" the medication yesterday.
[x] Take medication.
[x] Golem construction.
>> No. 47804
File 131827945460.jpg- (866.93KB , 1024x1450 , 103259a90bbe2f61d02e335f532069def171eacb.jpg ) [iqdb]
47804
You nudge Marisa with your foot. When you receive nothing but a sleepy mumble in response, you frown and kick a little harder, forcing a little air out of the witch's lungs as she is startled awake.

"'M up, I'm up." She wheezes, sitting up in her uniform, rubbing at her ribs first, and then her eyes, with a yawn. "Like your early mornings, do you?"

"There's work to do." You respond seriously. "Prepare the gelatin mixture."

"Yeah, sure. Breakfast?" Marisa asks, still seeming half asleep.

"I'll have a maid in shortly." You say, turning your attention to the spider. With a frown, you launch a small orb of water, which impacts directly with her sleeping face. She shrieks in surprise, both releasing herself from her precarious position and forgetting she can fly for the few precious moments it takes her to impact the floor.

"... This gonna be a common thing?" The spider grumbles, then winces as she sits up. "Hello hangover. Yes, I was expecting you."

"I appreciate your efforts on my behalf." You say, pointing dangerously upward. "... But if you get your webbing all over my books, then I'll wrap you up in it and set you on fire."

Yamame chuckles nervously.

"Ah... yeah, my bad, I didn't exactly intend to do that when I started drinking. Bed would probably have been more comfortable... but habit, you know?"

"I don't." You say flatly. "If you must, then do so wherever the head maid prepared for you."

"Too small a room." The spider grumbled, standing up and dusting herself off. "Can't get a good spread, head touches against the floor when I hang. Doesn't work out."

"This is why we have beds." You point out, looking to where Marisa is already at work. "Sak-"

"There is a matter that requires your attention." Sakuya says, without so much as allowing you to finish the name.

"... Do tell." You say.

"A kappa has entered the grounds, with a pair of assistants, and begun tampering with your vehicle." Sakuya said simply. "We would have ejected her upon discovery, but she has already disassembled it significantly, and I must admit, I would be uncertain as to how to go about putting it back together myself."

"... What excellent timing." You say flatly, recalling that a brief, half-formed thought had suggested that the kappa of the mountain might find the vehicle of interest. Doubtless the Oni had gotten chatty at some point.

Well, you certainly can't just leave her be, but you aren't sure about what to do about Marisa. Dealing with the matter may take more time than it would take for the pot to boil, and you do not see an immediate way for her to get it poured into a mold on her own. Well, she's resourceful though. You're sure she can think of something if you have to leave her to it.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47805
[x] Take the medicine!
[x] Have the Greek golems help Marisa.
[x] Deal with the kappa.

How fortuitous~
>> No. 47806
[x] Take the medicine with you, don't use it yet.
[x] Have the Greek golems help Marisa.
[x] Deal with the kappa.
If we keep taking the medicine, will the backslash reduce at some point?
>> No. 47807
>>47804
>Yamame
Suddenly motivated to read your threads.
>> No. 47809
[x] Have Sakuya relay a message to the kappa. They can take a good look at the truck, but they'd better put it back together afterwards.
[x] Otherwise ignore them for now.
[x] Golem work.

What's the worst that could happen?
>> No. 47810
[x] Have Sakuya relay a message to the kappa. They can take a good look at the truck, but they'd better put it back together afterwards.
[x] Otherwise ignore them for now.
[x] Golem work.
>> No. 47811
[X] Tell Marisa to continue preparing the mixture. She may also decant it into the molds if you are not back in time, but to please not start cooling it until you return -- you still need to prepare the command runes.
[X] Call back the giants and instruct them to help Marisa move the pot or the molds if she asks.
[X] Go see some kappas, with the intent of resolving the problem quickly, hopefully before the gelatin has reached a boil.
[X] The kappa have made a mess of something that is yours. But, in exchange for a future boon of your choosing, be it item or service, they may keep the truck and trailer, provided they promptly clean up the mess and transport all of it elsewhere.
- [X] If they want to know details of its functioning, direct them to Tewi.
[X] If they object, kappa are particularly vulnerable to dessication, are they not? And Moon, among other things, grants power over the movement of water...
[x] Hurry back and hope Marisa has not made a mess of things.

As to the favor... a kappa might be useful at some point, but I can't think of anything immediate that we would want one for. And we really have no more need of the thing.
>> No. 47812
>>47806
This is what Eirin is trying to figure out! She can't formulate a better version if she doesn't know how this one works!

In addition, taking the medicine only when we "feel bad" might lead to making the disease resistant to this treatment. This is Bad. We do not want Bad things. Take the fucking medicine.
>> No. 47813
[X] Take the medicine with you, don't use it yet.
[X] Have the Greek golems help Marisa.
[X] Deal with the kappa.

What's the worst thing Marisa and two greek golems can get up to?
>> No. 47814
[x]If Yamame suggests taking the medicine, do so
[x]Have the Greeks assist Marisa
[x]Deal with the Kappa
>> No. 47815
Variation of a theme...

[x] Tell Marisa to continue preparing the mixture. She may also decant it into the molds if you are not back in time, but to please not start cooling it until you return -- you still need to prepare the command runes.
[x] Call on Koakuma to help Marisa with the whole affair as necessary.
[x] Take your golems and go see the Kappa, with the intent of resolving the problem quickly, hopefully before the gelatin has reached a boil.
[x] The kappa have made a mess of something that is yours. But, in exchange for a future boon of your choosing, be it item or service, they may keep the truck and trailer, provided they promptly clean up the mess and transport all of it elsewhere.
- [x] If they want to know details of its functioning, direct them to Tewi.
[x] If they object, kappa are particularly vulnerable to dessication, are they not? And Moon, among other things, grants power over the movement of water...
[x] Hurry back and hope Marisa has not made a mess of things.
>> No. 47816
[X] Tell Marisa to continue preparing the mixture. She may also decant it into the molds if you are not back in time, but to please not start cooling it until you return -- you still need to prepare the command runes.
[X] Call back the giants and instruct them to help Marisa move the pot or the molds if she asks.
[X] Go see some kappas, with the intent of resolving the problem quickly, hopefully before the gelatin has reached a boil.
[X] The kappa have made a mess of something that is yours. But, in exchange for a future boon of your choosing, be it item or service, they may keep the truck and trailer, provided they promptly clean up the mess and transport all of it elsewhere.
- [X] If they want to know details of its functioning, direct them to Tewi.
- [X] If they object, tell them you have the influence to make Marisa go and raid their shops. (A mess for a mess, don't need to kill them yet)
>> No. 47817
[x] Tell Marisa to continue preparing the mixture. She may also decant it into the molds if you are not back in time, but to please not start cooling it until you return -- you still need to prepare the command runes.
[x] Call on Koakuma to help Marisa with the whole affair as necessary.
[x] Take your golems and go see the Kappa, with the intent of resolving the problem quickly, hopefully before the gelatin has reached a boil.
[x] The kappa have made a mess of something that is yours. But, in exchange for a future boon of your choosing, be it item or service, they may keep the truck and trailer, provided they promptly clean up the mess and transport all of it elsewhere.
- [x] If they want to know details of its functioning, direct them to Tewi.
[x] If they object, kappa are particularly vulnerable to dessication, are they not? And Moon, among other things, grants power over the movement of water...
[x] Hurry back and hope Marisa has not made a mess of things.

Sounds reasonable.
>> No. 47818
I think there's been enough repeats of the same basic vote that continuing onwards is kind of a waste of time.
>> No. 47819
[x] Take the medicine!
[x] Have the Greek golems help Marisa.
[x] Deal with the kappa.

New objective when the golems are done: Meet Mima
>> No. 47820
>>47819
Every time Mima or Yuka is mentioned the chance of a total derail shoots up to about 75%.
>> No. 47821
>>47820
There's not much to derail here, though.
>> No. 47822
>>47819
Mima is currently locked up in the Old Underworld prison. Not only is that very much out of the way, neither Patchy nor Marisa know about this.
If you really want this to happen tough, I guess we'll just have to hurry up in Doll's Quest and get Tabuki to the surface so she can inform Marisa.

[x] Tell Marisa to continue preparing the mixture. She may also decant it into the molds if you are not back in time, but to please not start cooling it until you return -- you still need to prepare the command runes.
[x] Call on Koakuma to help Marisa with the whole affair as necessary.
[x] Take your golems and go see the Kappa, with the intent of resolving the problem quickly, hopefully before the gelatin has reached a boil.
[x] The kappa have made a mess of something that is yours. But, in exchange for a future boon of your choosing, be it item or service, they may keep the truck and trailer, provided they promptly clean up the mess and transport all of it elsewhere.
- [x] If they want to know details of its functioning, direct them to Tewi.
[x] If they object, kappa are particularly vulnerable to dessication, are they not? And Moon, among other things, grants power over the movement of water...
[x] Hurry back and hope Marisa has not made a mess of things.
>> No. 47823
>>47822
It'll probably be faster to have Patchy locate Mima and inform Marisa.

But I'm not reading Doll's Quest, so yeah.
>> No. 47827
>>47822
It's not like Patchouli needs to know where something is to open a portal there.
>> No. 47828
>>47882

PQ doesn't have to be taking place at the same time as DQ. Do we have a firm date in DQ somewhere that I don't remember? If we do, that could allow for some interesting corroboration between stories (You need a teacher Tabby? PATCHY GOOOOO)
>> No. 47829
>>47823

Yea Doll's quest kinda sucks compared to this story. 90% of the characters(tabby included) are as dull as a sack of bricks combined with the fact that it's kinda lame to be forced to stick to magic-related options ALL the time cuz the people who were in the first thread don't know how to stat distribute kinda killed it for me.

opinions ect...ect...

[x] Take the medicine with you, don't use it yet.
[x] Have the Greek golems help Marisa.
[x] Deal with the kappa.
>> No. 47830
With the Kappa they might be able to solve our problem of what we are going to do about a truck in Gensokyo. Although we have NO IDEA if Yukari will want MORE of these odd golems we are making so losing the truck to them now may be a bad idea for now.

For all we know that might be the Kappa Marisa knows. If so we may be able to use Marisa as leverage.
>> No. 47831
[X]Marisa is from Outside, yes? We should keep in mind to inquire if she's heard of this Hogwarts during a break. If we ever get one.
>> No. 47833
>>47831
No, she's a native.
>> No. 47834
>>47831
No she's not.
>> No. 47835
>>47831
Where did you get that idea from? That Madokami story?
>> No. 47836
You guys seem pretty determined to get Marisa to Hogwarts.
>> No. 47837
>>47836
Marisa as a third wheel during the next Tewi date would be amazing.
>> No. 47838
File 13183723346.jpg- (368.16KB , 800x530 , SCIENCE.jpg ) [iqdb]
47838
"Giants, to me."{/i] You call out, as you turn aside from Sakuya for a moment. "Marisa, continue preparing the mixture. If it is ready before I return, then the golems will assist you in moving the fluid into the molds. Do not cool it immediately, but begin preparing the next batch."

It's only a moment more, and the golems arrive to be given similar instructions. You collect your final vial of medication. It isn't certain if you'll need to fight, but better to have it on hand in case.

When you arrive, it's to see the front of the truck popped open and its mechanical innards spread almost haphazardly across the grass. The lead Kappa is already thickly smudged with engine fluids, and her hangers on listen to her rambling with stoic faces as she waves a wrench around.

"-fuels, a [i]fossil-fuel
combustion system, of all the pointless extravagance and waste. And its design is so shoddy, I'll just bet it gets far less than a hundred miles to the gallon." The kappa rambled, heaving out another heavy-looking part and setting it to the side.

"Excuse me." You say flatly.

"Yes, yes, just a minute." The kappa says, waving you off. "Where the hell is that micro-tool? Get to work sifting out and collecting all the fuel already, I'll need to start assembling a molecular destabilizer and separation holding tanks immediately. The engine will need a little conversion in order to combust the hydrogen, and I'll have to decide whether or not to tack on a secondary engine to burn the oxygen or to just vent it. The one would get more performance, but the other could be more visually impressive..."

"Excuse me." You say again, as the minions set to work.

"Yes, what do... oh hey! You're the owner!" The kappa replies, irritation shifting rapidly to cheer. "Nice to meetcha. Never mind the mess, we should be done and out of your hair by midnight at the latest."

"What are you doing?" You ask, as sternly as you can manage with the grease-covered kappa smiling brightly and all but hugging you.

"We're improving your truck." The kappa says matter-of-factly. "You know it was running on refined crude oil before? Super inefficient. I'll be setting it up to go on water instead, much cheaper and easier to refuel that way. Purer is better of course, but it'll go as long as you aren't funneling mud in or anything. Then I was thinking of-"

"Why." You interrupt. The kappa blinks slowly at you.

"... For SCIENCE." She explains, as though it's all the answer she needs. "Because it's there. And I can."

... Well, you can't really argue with that, and it's quite clear that the kappa knows what she's doing every bit as much as the old man in the alley knew how to craft your focus.

"Anyway, I was thinking of stripping the exterior plastic junk and replacing it with steel plating, once that's been hauled over, and 'bulletproofing' the windows and windshield, to secure the defense of driver and passenger, and similar measures for cargo holding. I'll admit, I'm not entirely sure about whether to go ahead with the rocket pods, though."

"... The what."

"Rockets, tiny missiles, whichever it comes down to. Machine gun turrets would be kind of off, that's more of a convertible thing." She explains, perfectly seriously.

"I don't think that's strictly necessary." You say after a moment. "Once certain mass and velocity have been reached, the vehicle itself is something of a weapon, and everything else is just extra."

"That's exactly what I was thinking!" The kappa says. "It just feels weird to not be throwing extra weapons on there, though. Well, I'll manage. Better than having to spend my vacation day just sitting around and disassembling and rebuilding televisions and radios again, like I'd expected, without having anything else past the initial design phase right now."

You're rather bemused as she returns to work, not sparing a further moment for chatter, or thinking to bring up the idea of being paid for her amusement. She doesn't seem to have put any thought into keeping it either, the clear expectation of her words having been that it would remain here once she had finished. Likely the vehicle is not unknown to them, especially if they are working with it so easily. They doubtless have some similar things of their own, possibly constructed entirely from base material, or from pieces that had fallen through the border.

Sakuya coughs beside you, and you realize that you've gotten a little off track.

"It's fine if they're going to put it back together, but if they get much louder milady will be vexed at the noise." She points out, as the kappa pulls out some manner of mechanical screwdriver and sets it whirring loudly for a moment before putting it aside, rummaging through a box full of tools.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47839
[x]If you have some manner of spell to dampen sound in an area without silencing it completely, notify the Kappa and use it. If you don't, warn them that the mistress of the mansion might end up paying them a visit if the racket keeps up and ask them if they have a way of minimizing the noise they're making. If they don't, offer to portal them and the truck to a location of their choosing.
[x]If you go for a spell and can't quite manage it on your current level of health, take the medicine.
[x]Once the issue is resolved, get back to work on the golems.
>> No. 47840
[x]"If it's really that interesting to you then you may have the vehicle as I have no further use for it"
[x]Tell the Kappa to move somewhere else before Remilia wakes up
[x]Offer to portal them and the truck to where they want
[x]Return to finish golems
[x]Begin working on anatomically correct golems
>> No. 47841
[x] If you have some manner of spell to dampen sound in an area without silencing it completely, notify the Kappa and use it. If you don't, warn them that the mistress of the mansion might end up paying them a visit if the racket keeps up and ask them if they have a way of minimizing the noise they're making. If they don't, offer to portal them and the truck to a location of their choosing.
[x] If you go for a spell and can't quite manage it on your current level of health, take the medicine.
[x] Once the issue is resolved, get back to work on the golems.
>> No. 47842
[x] Rockets and missiles have limited supply. You, on the other hand, can create raw material more or less at will. Before you can catch yourself, ask the kappa if they have some weapon that more suits your strengths.*
[x]If you have some manner of spell to dampen sound in an area without silencing it completely, notify the Kappa and use it. If you don't, warn them that the mistress of the mansion might end up paying them a visit if the racket keeps up and ask them if they have a way of minimizing the noise they're making. If they don't, offer to portal them and the truck to a location of their choosing.
-[x] Large earthen walls can be quite effective at reducing noise pollution. If nothing else can solve the problem, Remilia may have to choose between sacrificing the view for a day (and she may well be asleep now, anyway) and reducing the noise. Alternatively maybe you could do something to sound-proof the windows, but that would likely be even more work on your part.
[x]If you go for a spell and can't quite manage it on your current level of health, take the medicine.
[x]Once the issue is resolved, get back to work on the golems.

*(hydrogen -> fuel cells -> electricity -> railgun, anyone?) But, alas, more pressing matters exist.
>> No. 47843
[X]"If it's really that interesting to you then you may have the vehicle as I have no further use for it"
[X]Tell the Kappa to move somewhere else before Remilia wakes up
[X]Return to finish golems.

>anatomically correct golems
Isn't that what we're making?
>> No. 47847
[x] If you have some manner of spell to dampen sound in an area without silencing it completely, notify the Kappa and use it. If you don't, warn them that the mistress of the mansion might end up paying them a visit if the racket keeps up and ask them if they have a way of minimizing the noise they're making. If they don't, offer to portal them and the truck to a location of their choosing.
[x] If you go for a spell and can't quite manage it on your current level of health, take the medicine.
[x] Once the issue is resolved, get back to work on the golems.

Who know? We could have a use for it in the future.
>> No. 47848
Everyone else has this handled. Except this.

[x] Take the medicine, you sickly hag!
>> No. 47849
[x] Suggest a mass driver. You can take care of ammo for that yourself.
[x] If you have some manner of spell to dampen sound in an area without silencing it completely, notify the Kappa and use it. If you don't, warn them that the mistress of the mansion might end up paying them a visit if the racket keeps up and ask them if they have a way of minimizing the noise they're making. If they don't, offer to portal them and the truck to a location of their choosing.
[x] If you go for a spell and can't quite manage it on your current level of health, take the medicine.
[x] Once the issue is resolved, get back to work on the golems.

>>47840
Oh no, you're not giving away our SCIENCE truck!
>> No. 47850
>>47849
What do we want with a truck?
>> No. 47851
>>47847
>>Who know? We could have a use for it in the future.

"Harry, what is that?" Ron asked in confusion at the sight before him.

"That is an armored truck running off of a hydrogen engine, armed with rocket launchers, and quite capable of being used to ram over and through things if need be," the very odd DADA teacher explained in an offhand manner.

"How? Why?" Hermoine asked in honest surprise, still slight stuck over hearing the term 'Hydrogen Engine'.

"Eh, she said that it seemed like the thing to do."

"She's more barmy than my dad," Ron whispered to Harry who nodded in reply.
>> No. 47852
[X] Ask the kappa to keep it down, if they can't, use a spell to dampen the sound.
[X] Alternativly, have the kappa paint the truck in the SDM's colors, with Remilia's input. That should provide more than sufficent incentive for Remilia to overlook the noise. Plus, she has always had an excellent taste in design and fashion.
[X] Get back to work on the golems. Taking the medicine will no doubt allow us to complete it faster.
>> No. 47853
>>47852
You do realize what Remilia's been doing lately?
>> No. 47854
>>47850

I swear to god if Patchy gets beat to death because she crashed the truck into the womping willow, I'm blaming you, truckanon.
>> No. 47855
[X] Ask the kappa to keep it down, if they can't, use a spell to dampen the sound.
[X] Alternativly, have the kappa paint the truck in the SDM's colors, with Remilia's input. That should provide more than sufficent incentive for Remilia to overlook the noise. Plus, she has always had an excellent taste in design and fashion.
[X]make them leave behind notes, since it may actually get used.
[X] Get back to work on the golems. Taking the medicine will no doubt allow us to complete it faster.
>> No. 47857
She needs to be distracted. As long as the decorations are not inappropriate, or disco era, we cam make do.
>> No. 47858
>>47853
Trying to get Patchy dating and/or laid?
>> No. 47859
>>47858
Exactly. Think what 'suggestions' she would make for the truck.
>> No. 47860
>The engine will need a little conversion in order to combust the hydrogen, and I'll have to decide whether or not to tack on a secondary engine to burn the oxygen or to just vent it.
What. The. Fuck? It is not at all possible to get more energy out of breaking water into hydrogen and oxygen. It's an endothermic reaction.

Also, hydrogen vehicles? Terrible idea. Why do you think most car manufacturers have abandoned them? Because using electricity to create hydrogen, then burning it to create electricity to power an electric motor is more inefficient than just storing it in a battery. And the battery isn't liable to explode.

Not voting because I'm raging over bad science.
>> No. 47862
>>47859
A Delivery Truck will never serve as an effective 'Pimpmobile' though and be able to remain a Delivery Truck.

>>47860
Indeed. Better to just write it as something people can't immediately call bullshit to. Leaving it vague also helps to prevent Technobabble, which is annoying as fuck.
>> No. 47863
>>47860, 47862

Please. The Kappa are able to convert a vehicle that runs on crude oil to something that runs on WATER. While giving it superarmor and other stuff.

Which, by our standards of science, should be functionally unpossible. Just because it doesn't make sense to YOU, doesn't mean that it doesn't make sense to THEM.
>> No. 47864
Or maybe what Nitori is really doing is an experiment that will fail horribly and that we'll need to see her about it once we discover the truck doesn't work?
>> No. 47865
Nitori and the Kappa will turn the truck into an autobot.

Calling it now.
>> No. 47866
>>47863
Or terrible, inaccurate "science" that somehow manages to get repeated endlessly, being fantasy, naturally gravitates to Gensokyo. The kappa then eat that shit up. And, because Gensokyo is a land based on belief, it actually works.
>> No. 47867
>>47866
Fine and dandy save for the fact that the Truck is expected to be used OUTSIDE OF GENSOKYO!
>> No. 47868
>>47867
Reisen could use it. She makes regular trips to the village to sell medicine; she could carry much more with a truck.

I bet this monstrosity could plow a path through the bamboo forest, no sweat.
>> No. 47869
Eventually this story is going to become one post from Kahi, and the rest of the thread filled with truck VS. anti-truck shitposting until autosage.

Never change Anon, never change.
>> No. 47871
>>47869

It's GH all over again, except for something even more stupid.
>> No. 47872
>>47869
Discussion does not kill stories meta-discussion does. Threads are not in limited supply. Nobody is posting the sort of hate-filled rhetoric that killed GH. Take it easy.
>> No. 47874
>>47867
good point.
this might come back to bite us in the ass later, somehow.
>> No. 47875
[x] Rockets and missiles have limited supply. You, on the other hand, can create raw material more or less at will. Before you can catch yourself, ask the kappa if they have some weapon that more suits your strengths. Like a Railgun.
[x]If you have some manner of spell to dampen sound in an area without silencing it completely, notify the Kappa and use it. If you don't, warn them that the mistress of the mansion might end up paying them a visit if the racket keeps up and ask them if they have a way of minimizing the noise they're making. If they don't, offer to portal them and the truck to a location of their choosing.
-[x] Large earthen walls can be quite effective at reducing noise pollution. If nothing else can solve the problem, Remilia may have to choose between sacrificing the view for a day (and she may well be asleep now, anyway) and reducing the noise. Alternatively maybe you could do something to sound-proof the windows, but that would likely be even more work on your part.
[x]If you go for a spell and can't quite manage it on your current level of health, take the medicine.
[x]Once the issue is resolved, get back to work on the golems.
>> No. 47877
>>47876
>>47875
Same anon, obviously. Site is crapping out on me.
>> No. 47878
[x] If you have some manner of spell to dampen sound in an area without silencing it completely, notify the Kappa and use it. If you don't, warn them that the mistress of the mansion might end up paying them a visit if the racket keeps up and ask them if they have a way of minimizing the noise they're making. If they don't, offer to portal them and the truck to a location of their choosing.
[x] If you go for a spell and can't quite manage it on your current level of health, take the medicine.
[x] Once the issue is resolved, get back to work on the golems.
>> No. 47880
Earthen walls are a sledgehammer solution to a screwdriver problem. Sound is the ear's perception of vibrations in the air. Make a zone around the work area where the movement of the air is restricted to near-zero via elemental magic, and hey presto, Cone of Silence.

[x] If you have some manner of spell to dampen sound in an area without silencing it completely, notify the Kappa and use it. If you don't, warn them that the mistress of the mansion might end up paying them a visit if the racket keeps up and ask them if they have a way of minimizing the noise they're making. If they don't, offer to portal them and the truck to a location of their choosing.
[x] If you go for a spell and can't quite manage it on your current level of health, take the medicine.
[x] Once the issue is resolved, get back to work on the golems.
>> No. 47881
[x] If you have some manner of spell to dampen sound in an area without silencing it completely, notify the Kappa and use it. If you don't, warn them that the mistress of the mansion might end up paying them a visit if the racket keeps up and ask them if they have a way of minimizing the noise they're making. If they don't, offer to portal them and the truck to a location of their choosing.
[x] If you go for a spell and can't quite manage it on your current level of health, take the medicine.
[x] Once the issue is resolved, get back to work on the golems.
The first option has everything needed, the rest is just extra.
>> No. 47882
File 131843440514.jpg- (264.10KB , 900x1100 , 3a77ea34c75ed467de1bfaf6a30599ffd96f05d0.jpg ) [iqdb]
47882
"Yes, I'll deal with it." You say, waving a hand.

"Kappa." You call out. "Your machines are noisy and will disturb the owner of the mansion. I'm going to fix that."

The kappa waves vaguely, which you choose to take as assent, or something close, and you begin. Within moments a small, illusory moon hovers between your outstretched hands, and the air grows still as it floats up into the air, hovering over the working Kappa and the truck. Sounds grow steadily softer, then completely disappear from your perspective, outside the area of effect, though the workers within can still hear and understand each other perfectly well.

"And that matter is resolved." You say simply.

By the time you have returned to the library, Marisa is already overseeing Alcyoneus' pouring the second pot full of mixture into a mold. Porphyrion seems both amused and disgruntled with something as he sets his hand against the hot bottom of the pot, only to pull it away and look at it for a moment before touching it again.

You ignore the display and set to work singlemindedly on the matter at hand. Crystallizing the substance is relatively simple: the trick is to adjust the spellwork so that the crystal remains stable as the substance sets and becomes the semi-solid gelatin of the final product. It takes a lot of work, and requires a series of minor tweaks to be performed while the gelatin cools and sets, but you eventually complete the first of this batch of golems.

The rest only require the simplest of adjustments for flavor, though they do need the battery of tweaking to remain stable. Even so, however, things progress remarkably swiftly and the last of the lot lurches out of its mold to join its brothers relatively early into the afternoon.

The moment it arrives, the yawning maw of an oversized gap appears, twisting up and around to engulf both the sweet-golems and the sheet they have been standing on, then winks out and disappears before so much as a word has been spoken.

"Very good~" Yukari almost purrs, slowly lowering out of a gap where the golems had been standing. "I believe that is your half of the deal met. As for my part of things..."

Yukari drops a small, pointy pillar through a gap, to embed itself into the floor. You frown, but it seems to thrum and vibrate in place for a moment before going still. The mistress of boundaries then displays in one hand what could be taken for an ornate jewelry box, and in the other hand a silvery key. She tosses them both to you.

"Open that where you wish the secondary reference point to be, and I'll handle the rest." Yukari says seriously. "... In any case, I do have other matters to attend to. But don't worry, dear... I'll still be watching, with interest~"

Yukari falls back into another gap, with deliberate theatrics. Marisa clicks her tongue.

"Geeze, that one. Don't even want to know what's going on in her head." She says.

You take a moment to inspect the locked box closely, then tuck it and the key away, in separate pockets. There are plenty more hours in the day: more than enough for you to get some research done, finish 'grading' Marisa's notes, or whatever else comes to mind. You should probably set the witch to doing something as well, in order to wring the maximum amount of use from her before the alloted time is up. She probably knows how to brew things better than any non-destructive magics, though you don't doubt that mushrooms of some kind will be a primary ingredient in any of her recipes.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47883
[x] Have Marisa work on various first-aid potions, just in case.
[x] Finish her notes.
[x] If there's still time, think about what to do for enhanced library defences.
>> No. 47884
Errr... We didn't transfer the two brothers into the new golems before Yukari took them, isn't it?
>> No. 47886
>Fine and dandy save for the fact that the Truck is expected to be used OUTSIDE OF GENSOKYO!

Because supernatural stuff doesn't work outside the Barrier. Oh wait.

I personally just see it as magitech. The splitting of water comes from MAGIC, and using the products as fuel is SCIENCE!.

>Make a zone around the work area where the movement of the air is restricted to near-zero via elemental magic, and hey presto, Cone of Silence.

A little puzzled here: Patchy's seven elements are Sun, Moon, Earth, Fire, Water, Metal, and Wood. Does she have access to wind/air magics?

>>47882

Wait, moon... silence... how the heck does that even wor-

>Moon Sign [Silent Selene]

...right. Have to say I never thought of that myself.


[x] Have Marisa work on various first-aid potions, just in case.
[x] Finish her notes.
[x] If there's still time, think about what to do for enhanced library defenses.
[x] Portal a spare copy of Marisa's notes across the lake

I wonder, where should we set this end of the portal? Are we going ahead with building a house at hogwarts, or are we ok with just using the allotted quarters as a portal room? And do we have to worry about any busybodies falling into it ala Alistair?
>> No. 47888
>>47886
Wards research should be done in the near future about that.

Kahi, do we still have to deal with the brothers and their 'request' or not? Patchouli didn't think about them in the end, but it wasn't said they were transferred either and Patchouli just forgot about it.
>> No. 47889
[x] Have Marisa brew some healing potions. You can show them to Madam Pomfrey later to gauge both their skills.
[x] Research wards for the library.
[x] Grade the rest of Marisa's notes.
Take the medicine.
>> No. 47891
>>47890
The portal is embedded in the library floor. We move the library Outside, the portal we just spent days on becomes pointless. No.
>> No. 47892
>>47891
Yeah, I realized that. Must've gone temporarily insane.
>> No. 47893
[x] Go ask Keine for tips on how to deal with a bunch of idiots bored children.
>> No. 47895
[x] Have Marisa work on various first-aid potions, just in case.
-[x] Have her note the ingredients. Side effects should be avoided.
[x] Finish her notes.
[x] If there's still time, think about what to do for enhanced library defenses.
>> No. 47896
[x]Set Marisa to brewing healing potions. If she needs to go out to gather materials that's fine, but you also might want to suggest that she stop in the village to purchase some replacement undergarments.
[x]Finish correcting her notes
[x]Brush up on Homunculus crafting
[x]If Marisa should finish a batch of potions, examine them. If you know of a better recipe than the one she's using, have Koa fetch the appropriate book and have Marisa reference out of it for her next batch.
>> No. 47897
[x]Set Marisa to brewing healing potions. If she needs to go out to gather materials that's fine, but you also might want to suggest that she stop in the village to purchase some replacement undergarments.
[x]Finish correcting her notes
[x]Brush up on Homunculus crafting
[x]If Marisa should finish a batch of potions, examine them. If you know of a better recipe than the one she's using, have Koa fetch the appropriate book and have Marisa reference out of it for her next batch.

No idea why we're looking up how to make homunculi, but it might be useful. Or we might inadvertently make a new body for some ancient forbidden unspeakable evil.
>> No. 47898
>>47893
This must happen, sooner or later.

[x] Go ask Keine for tips on how to deal with a bunch of idiots bored children.
>> No. 47899
File 131844157997.jpg- (37.40KB , 410x318 , cromartie.jpg ) [iqdb]
47899
>>47898
>>47893
>> No. 47900
[x]Set Marisa to brewing healing potions. If she needs to go out to gather materials that's fine, but you also might want to suggest that she stop in the village to purchase some replacement undergarments.
[x]Finish correcting her notes
[x]Brush up on Homunculus crafting
[x]If Marisa should finish a batch of potions, examine them. If you know of a better recipe than the one she's using, have Koa fetch the appropriate book and have Marisa reference out of it for her next batch.


Deleated my old vote. This seems like a better idea.
>> No. 47901
[x] It is probably best to assume that the box itself will act as the anchor, and so is vulnerable to theft or other mischief. Even if it only is to be used once, until you do, you can't lose it. Do what you can to prevent anyone except yourself or Koakuma from handling it. Perhaps summon a protective spirit.

Less immediate:

[x]Set Marisa to brewing healing potions. If she needs to go out to gather materials that's fine, but you also might want to suggest that she stop in the village to purchase some replacement undergarments.
[x]Finish correcting her notes
[x]Find some way to deal with the giants that won't come back to haunt you. Dismissing them is always an option.
[x]If Marisa should finish a batch of potions, examine them. If you know of a better recipe than the one she's using, have Koa fetch the appropriate book and have Marisa reference out of it for her next batch.

>>47886

I'd also gotten hung up on western elemental concepts and had forgotten Patchy uses a Taoist system. Her philosopher's stone is the sum of all earthly aspects of creation (fire, wood, earth, metal, water), but she also controls the two heavenly aspects (sun and moon) -- and wind/air would be considered on the heavenly side of things, along with qi/ki/spirit. So she should be able to manipulate air through some combination of sun and/or (in this case) moon. At least how I understand it (i.e. vaguely, at best).
>> No. 47902
[x]Set Marisa to brewing healing potions. If she needs to go out to gather materials that's fine, but you also might want to suggest that she stop in the village to purchase some replacement undergarments.
[x]Finish correcting her notes
[x]Brush up on Homunculus crafting
[x]If Marisa should finish a batch of potions, examine them. If you know of a better recipe than the one she's using, have Koa fetch the appropriate book and have Marisa reference out of it for her next batch.

>>47897
We're looking up homonculi for the sake of the two giants.
>> No. 47903
File 131845744683.jpg- (582.29KB , 1000x1414 , 98e4cff7003e696dc6fa2162efab5771e7e34dca.jpg ) [iqdb]
47903
You had been thinking about putting the greeks up as part of the package, but had assumed that you would have a few moments to consider the matter once everything was finished. Though on second thought, you aren't certain that you like the thought of Yukari having access to intelligent masses of human-shaped sweets. Not that you like the idea of the golems to begin with, of course.

Porphyrion, at the least, seems to have realized that in their current form the extras they had requested would more or less simply be useless ornamentation. It wouldn't do to have a golem primed for defensive purposes flinch at the pain of having bits of itself flaked and shattered away, after all, but by that very token there wasn't really any way for a golem, or something occupying a golem, to experience pleasurable sensations either. Well, no matter.

"Marisa, you are capable of brewing magically healing draughts, are you not?" You ask.

"Yup. Well, as long as you don't mind listening in on a walrus and giraffe mud wrestling and pondering philosophy while you grow your finger back, anyway. Don't get why, but most people go to Eirin's for that stuff instead."

"Significant side effects, then. Well, it will do for the first batch. Gather what materials and ingredients you will need for it. I would also advise that you make a stop at the village, to collect whatever you need to construct new bloomers for yourself."

Marisa frowns for a moment, seeming to at least instinctively grasp that the suggested trip is not just for her benefit, but a subtle display of your superiority over her, even if it was only the villagers that would see, despite that she doesn't seem to consciously put it together. She seems to shake it off after a moment, though she does brush a hand thoughtfully at her uniform.

"Yeah, sure. I should have some of what I need dried and in stock, just in case. Won't be enough for a big batch, though, I'll have to spend pretty much a whole day picking stuff for that.

"It will be fine, this is more of a test sample anyway." You say, dismissing the concern. It's also a way to keep her busy, and her hands off your books, but that much you don't say aloud. A day's worth of collecting material could be useful too, but you decide you probably shouldn't schedule that on a day when you yourself will be out. With others in the mansion knowing to keep her out, it would otherwise be fine, but with her being close at hand and essentially having a free pass to just walk by the gatekeeper... well, you aren't sure you like the thought of both her and your books being out of your line of sight the whole time. Better not to leave the temptation available.

"Yeah, alright. Should take me an hour or two to get stuff, but it's a really simple mix, shouldn't take too long to put together after." She decides.

"Koakuma, there are some books I want." You say, as Marisa leaves, and outline the ones you recall involving Homunculi preparation. "... and that one regarding healing drafts as well. Just in case the witch's brew isn't as suitable as it could be."

That said, you settle in to a long stack of notes, suddenly beginning to realize that this, more than anything else, is what you have to look forward to for the next year or so, on occasions where you have to assign written reports and tests. The thought of summoning a devil to handle this part of the job becomes ever more appealing as you slowly work your way through the stack. You don't doubt that it will result in your classes complaining about the strictness of your grading practices, though. Well, let them.

Marisa returns as you are somewhat more than halfway through the stack, and bizarre smells begin to slowly waft away as she sets into her work. Not bad, when it comes down to it, even the worst are bearable. None are particularly pleasant, on the other hand. They are all uniformly strange and distracting, and try to slow your own efforts with the confusion of them. Marisa calmly steps away from the pot, seeming to be waiting for something... then a blast of crackling electricity shoots upward out of it, crawling for a moment through the air near the pot before dissipating. She steps back forward without hesitation and returns to work.

It's shortly after dinner has been brought in that you finish with the papers and look to Marisa, who is still stirring at the substance at the bottom of her pot, occasionally pausing to drop in a gnarled root, mushroom, or in one notable case an entire live serpent into the steaming, bubbling liquid. It seems to be dissolving everything offered into a uniform, dimly glowing red fluid. Well, this sort of thing isn't your specialty, so you can only presume it is going well.

"I'll leave these for you to review later." You say calmly. "In the mean time, complete that, and if they need to be bottled then Koakuma will locate some for you and assist in the matter. Dinner will still be edible when you've finished."

"Suuuuure, yeah~" Marisa says, eyes slightly glazed and unfocused. Presumably there is some side effect from inhaling too much of the vapors while brewing. You make a mental note not to stand too close, and retire with your books, as the witch chuckles in amusement at something only she can hear.

She seems very experienced at working through the effects, but it does not raise confidence in the final outcome of her potion. In any case, you take some time to re-familiarize yourself with homunculi.

They are alchemical constructs, not dissimilar, in a broad sense, from golems. They are formed of flesh, however, and in many respects are nearly identical to humans. The primary difference being that they have no 'soul' of their own, meaning that they cannot truly think for themselves or act of their own volition: they must either be constantly cared for, once removed from the vat they are prepared in, or have patterns of behavior and response magically ingrained into them, or they will simply lie in place without moving, or even making an infantile attempt to gain attention and necessary care from others, until they die. You suspect that much the same could be said of a real human, once its soul had been removed, and theorize that you could also instruct them through less mystic methods, though it would be time consuming to the point of not being worth the effort, as they would only naturally 'learn' at the rate a human would from birth. At that point, it would simply be more cost-effective to birth an infant with a soul of its own.

Creating them is not particularly difficult, the most tricky portion being the 'sample' required for the homunculi to pattern itself after. For this purpose, male emissions or female ovum are the most ideal, but blood is a more commonly used and more simply acquired substitute. It does, however, require substantially more volume to function. The rest of the ingredients are actually relatively commonplace, with one or two exceptions. In any case, assuming all materials are at hand to begin with, homunculi grow over the course of most of a waking day. In this time you can craft perhaps a dozen in a single vat, leaving all particulars of their physical details to chance and the offered 'sample', or you can adjust a single homunculus to exact desired specifications.

It seems like there is some chance for variation from physical human normality of features and ability, if you acquire the samples from non-human humanoids, or beings in a humanoid form at time of collection. Samples from simple beasts, or intelligent but monstrous nonhumans, however, can have strange and at times catastrophic results. Generally, it seems like the most common and most favorable outcome of such a situation would be that the creation takes form incapable of sustaining its own life, and it rapidly dies.

Well, it's an interesting read, at least. You'll have to consider this. However, it is very late by this point, and you must sleep.

---

The day is Aug 23, 9 days to term.
It is Tuesday: Day of Fire.
--Yamame
Your health level is 75/100: Better than normal, though your throat is scratchy and your sinuses are not happy with you.

---

When you wake, it's just as a rabbit youkai has stretched completely past you to set a note on your bedside table. She starts nervously, with a short yelp, and begins fidgeting in place, eyes darting between you and the door as you stare blankly at her.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47905
[x] Ask the rabbit to simply tell you the message.
[x] Since humonculi require not exactly common materials to work with, ask (or make a note to ask later) the brothers what they would prefer. Explain the differences between golems and humonculi. There's no point creating shells if there's no use for them.

Pretty sure something will come in between the two questions or after it, so there's no point in adding more now.
>> No. 47906
[x] Ask the rabbit to simply tell you the message.
[x] Respond accordingly.
>> No. 47907
[x]Set Marisa to brewing healing potions. If she needs to go out to gather materials that's fine, but you also might want to suggest that she stop in the village to purchase some replacement undergarments.
[x]Finish correcting her notes
[x]Brush up on Homunculus crafting
[x]If Marisa should finish a batch of potions, examine them. If you know of a better recipe than the one she's using, have Koa fetch the appropriate book and have Marisa reference out of it for her next batch.

Also, in case I'm gone when the proper vote comes up, be sure that we vote to bring Marisa with us next time we go to Hogwarts. I'm sure aboslutely nothing will go wrong.
>> No. 47908
[x] Ask the rabbit to simply tell you the message.
[x] Since humonculi require not exactly common materials to work with, ask (or make a note to ask later) the brothers what they would prefer. Explain the differences between golems and humonculi. There's no point creating shells if there's no use for them.

So yeah, looks like Tewi is being detained elsewhere. Let's see what's going on before we go off and try to rescue her.
>> No. 47910
>>47907
Read again: We're done with the notes. And you're crazy if you think we'll bring Marisa to our future workplace.
>> No. 47914
>>47910

It's a troll vote, obviously.
>> No. 47915
[x] Dismiss the rabbit.
[x] Read the note.

We don't need to torture the poor messenger.
>> No. 47917
[x] Ask the rabbit if he can give you the message directly or would prefer you to read it by yourself .
[x] Since homunculi require not exactly common materials to work with, ask (or make a note to ask later) the brothers what they would prefer. Explain the differences between golems and humonculi. There's no point creating shells if there's no use for them.
>> No. 47918
[x] Ask the rabbit to simply tell you the message.
[x] Since humonculi require not exactly common materials to work with, ask (or make a note to ask later) the brothers what they would prefer. Explain the differences between golems and humonculi. There's no point creating shells if there's no use for them.

I'd also like to add:
[x] Look into candidates for a teaching assistant.

The idea of a TA has come up several times already, and while another summon would certainly be a quick solution, we should consider recruiting a Gensokyo resident to fill the role. The ideal candidate would already be familiar with magic as a subject of research, so that narrows the field somewhat, but a few notable individuals come to mind:

Alice is an obvious choice, since we already know Patchy is familiar with her. That said I'm not sure she'd have any solid incentive for taking the role, or be willing to take the time away from her own research.

Yuuka could be fun simply as a wild card. We know she's a formidable spell-caster, and I am curious whether, as a non-magician youkai, she takes an intellectual or instinctual approach to magic, or possibly a mixture of the two. Of course there is the hurdle of her rather unpredictable disposition. Still worth considering.

Who I think may be our best option, though, is Byakuren. She has a long history of working with both divine and arcane magic, which might give her a unique perspective on the subject. Moreover, we could likely sell her on the idea as an opportunity to build human-youkai relations in the outside world. Even if she isn't willing to take on the position herself, we could bargain for limited access to her own assistants, and I for one would get a kick out of seeing Captain Murasa or Nue sub our classes for a day.
>> No. 47920
>>47918
Hey genius, we already have Koakuma for that. And a TA should be someone who can assist the teacher. Who here but Koa know best how to help the way Patchouli would want? And be available anytime we want for the whole year too?

Beside, the only one that could actually work is Alice (you're insane for proposing Yuuka and Byakuren has more important things to do, nevermind that Patchouli probably only heard of her and never saw her) and I don't see her agreeing to this for a year. Maybe a guest lecturer, but nothing more.
>> No. 47922
>>47920
Once Marisa is no longer under her thumb, Patchy will need Koakuma to focus on taking care of the library. While she could ask her to do both that and grade papers, splitting her focus would probably result in neither job getting done very well. Which is probably why Patchy has been considering getting extra help. See last update:

>The thought of summoning a devil to handle this part of the job becomes ever more appealing as you slowly work your way through the stack.

Also, having a TA who can actually be present for classes, even part-time, has benefits in and of itself, especially if we want to focus on application in any way. If we really want Koa to fill that role, we'll still need someone else to watch the library. Either way we should be looking into recruiting or summoning someone to fill either position.

Anyways keep in mind that the vote itself is to simply look into candidates, the rest was just fluff for consideration and potential interviewing hijinks.
>> No. 47923
>>47922
If we're going to summon a demon, why not summon one (or several) to guard the library? That way Koakuma could come with us.

I'd like for Koakuma to remain relevant, not stuck at the library. ... Though she hasn't been particularly relevant lately, or much of a character. I'm not sure why I'm bothering. Preconceived attachment, I suppose.
>> No. 47925
>>47922
That entirely depend on what we find on ward research. At worst, we could even try to negotiate a deal with Marisa while she's here and cooperative, with a threat of total lockdown if she doesn't agree or break agreement. It would be a bother getting back access, but better that than risking books being stolen.

And with Marisa working here right now, it's only a matter of days before she finds out about Patchouli's job.
>> No. 47926
Okay, so disposable rabbits and fairies are out for homunculi templates. And getting human-based ingredients is likely to be more bother than it's worth.

[x] Shelve the homunculus idea for the time being.
[x] Ask the rabbit to simply tell you the message.
[x] Respond accordingly. This may result in a trip to Eientei.
[x] Unless there's a reason to immediately run off, check on Marisa and see if she has recovered from her mushroom odyessey. Also inspect the fruits of her labors.
[x] Check out Yukari's chest. Examine the chest Yukari gave you. Is it itself magical or (more likely) just a normal box that she'll be watching? In any event, take steps that neither it nor its key will walk off anywhere due to either interlopers or kleptomaniac servants, be they human or fairy.
[x] If Marisa's Marvelous Elixirs are ready, take a couple of vials to test on the next injured person/fairy/rabbit/youkai you encounter, and note the the results. If necessary, take steps to ensure you encounter an injured person/fairy/rabbit/youkai sometime during the day. Fire should be good for that.
[x] See about arranging a meeting with the village teacher.
[x] Infernal time is weird. Look into the possibility of summoning additional instances of Koakuma from different, er, time zones. Or, if that is not feasible, start coming up with a short list of potential additional assistants to summon.

There is probably a limit to the number of demonic entities Patchy can safely control at once, so we might only be able to get one or two more, possibly relatively low level, devils.
>> No. 47928
>>47920
What about Marisa? I mean if she's already supposed to be working for Patchouli for a set amount of time use her as the substitute on bad days. If anything being a ordinary witch will impress the students more with her abilities. Though probably certain personality quirks may become infectious amongst the students.
>> No. 47929
[X] Dismiss the rabbit.
[X] Read the note.

Geez guys, the rabbit's scared and Patchouli is perfectly capable of reading a note. Let her go. Also, knock it off with the giant ass votes to plan the entire day. It's getting annoying that each voter tries to one-up the previous person with stuff that has no relevance to the situation at hand.

>>47928
In case you forgot, Marisa's service to Patchouli ends before the school year begins. And she's only good at blasting stuff, which doesn't cover everything needed from DADA.
>> No. 47930
>For this purpose, male emissions or female ovum are the most ideal

it seems like Koakuma could solve this one if we let her.
>> No. 47931
[x] Create a portal to Eientei for the rabbit.
>> No. 47932
>>47930

That is, of course, assuming she can be trusted not to snack on the donator. Or at least not lead angry shrine maidens back to Patchy.
>> No. 47933
>>47930

Well...Patchy herself also has lots of unused ovum.

just sayin.
>> No. 47934
>>47933
Does she? Do magician youkai even reproduce sexually?
I sure wouldn't know.
[X] Dismiss the rabbit.
[X] Read the note.
>> No. 47935
File 131853609232.jpg- (0.99MB , 1000x1414 , 24b4711460451a8b9e685a91ea58c5cecaf77faf.jpg ) [iqdb]
47935
You yawn briefly, but keep your eyes locked on the rabbit, then speak.

"I see you bear a message. What is it regarding?" You ask.

"I don't... I don't know." The trembling rabbit manages. "... it smells like predator everywhere in here..."

"Yes, calm yourself." You say. "You did not read it, then?"

"Couldn't even if I wanted..." she mumbles, glancing longingly at the door.

Ah. One of the many illiterate youkai. Understandable, as she was a normal rabbit at some point, who's largest concern would be to avoid being eaten. Depending on how long it has been since then, and the availability of books, perfectly excusable.

You gesture for her to hand it over, and she complies, but immediately after backs out of your reach, as though she expects you to snatch at her. No matter. The note seems to be a quick message from Tewi, explaining that there had been some unexpected difficulties, but her medicine was proceeding more or less on schedule and would be ready by tomorrow morning

You set the note aside, and see that the rabbit is still there, quivering, clearly not having dared move.

"Well? Off with you." You grumble sleepily. She needn't be told twice, and has bolted before you so much as blink. You shake your head as you rise.

As you leave the room, you note Yamame sprawled lazily over Marisa's bed, and the witch herself mostly wrapped up in a cocoon of silk stuck to the wall, slumbering peacefully. You aren't sure you care to imagine what led to this turn of events.

The Greeks are easily located, playing with their new additions with a jar of moths. Once released, they seem to make a game out of seeing who can pick off the most insects the fastest. The maids watching seem amused by the whole thing.

"I would discuss matters with you." You say simply, getting their attention as they finish off the last fluttering insect. "I have given some thought to your request and have located a suitable means: that you inhabit soulless Homunculi, which are anatomically correct as any normal human."

"What is the downside?" Alcyoneus asked, before Porphyrion had the chance to speak.

"Your forms would be that of flesh, rather than stone, to begin." You explain. "There would be some significant increase from normal, directly due to your occupation, in the realms of physical strength and endurance, but not sufficient to return you to the level of power you experienced in life, outright. It is not impossible that you might reach such a level again, but it would take significant effort. There is more than sufficient material to craft them, but there is... some chance of the final product being 'tainted', to a degree, if the required samples are collected from other than a normal human. Were I to use my own blood, for example, you might find the forms frailer and weaker than even before, for example, possibly with some small degree of inherent magical ability. Or if I collect donations from rabbit youkai or fey, the end result may have animalistic traits, or be particularly diminutive. If I managed to acquire samples from Remilia, through whatever means, you may find yourself preferring your meat less thoroughly cooked than before. Any number of odd variables may take place, though they can all be corrected and adjusted for if I focus on crafting only a single homunculi at once."

Alcyoneus snorted.

"With respect, I have concluded that I would prefer to remain in this form, rather than risk becoming even smaller and weaker than now." He said aloud.

"I disagree." Porphyrion said in response. "I believe the price perfectly fair, in exchange for remaining in the world of the living, and able to feel."

"Bah. Suit yourself." Alcyoneus grumpily declared.

"In any case, you mentioned that you could determine the specifics of the body at your will? Interesting." Porphyrion continues, clearly ignoring the other Giant's disparagement of the idea.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47936
[x] Have Koakuma get the 'sample' from a suitable man. You sure as hell aren't going to go request this from a human yourself.
-[x] Preferably with the human as undamaged as possible. You don't need a beatdown from Reimu over this.
[x] Have Marisa go see what can be done to dress a stone golem. A minimum of decency should at least be respected if you are to grant his request.
[x] Research wards while Koakuma is out.

Still, we're going to need to see what we have on the students soon to see how much effort they're worth. And maybe go visit each teacher to get a better opinion on students and best pairs to make if we're doing two groups per class.
>> No. 47937
[x] Given that Homunculi may take on some properties of their donor, perhaps there may be a way to compromise. Perhaps if the Oni residing at the shrine could be convinced to aid you...
[x] Elaborate on the specifics of Homunculi customisation.
[x] Have Marisa go see what can be done to dress a stone golem. A minimum of decency should at least be respected if you are to grant his request. Free her from the webs if necessary.
>> No. 47938
[x] Given that Homunculi may take on some properties of their donor, perhaps there may be a way to compromise. Perhaps if the Oni residing at the shrine could be convinced to aid you...
[x] Elaborate on the specifics of Homunculi customisation.
[x] Have Marisa go see what can be done to dress a stone golem. A minimum of decency should at least be respected if you are to grant his request. Free her from the webs if necessary.

And if Suika is too tiny for their tastes, we could always bug Yuugi. Of course, there may be issues depending on when this is set relative to Doll Quest.
>> No. 47939
>>47938
Okay, I need to know: What exactly is in there that make you think there's a link to Doll Quest at all?
>> No. 47940
>>47939
Because Cirno learned how to make the golems she uses in Doll Quest from someone, and the Patchy in Patchy quest taught Cirno how to make golems and never worked out Cirno would substitute ice crystals for regular crystals. It works together naturally.
>> No. 47941
>>47940
Nevermind that it could simply be a reference... I mean, there's no reason for Doll Quest to be linked to this anyway, so why should it be proof a link and not just a reference?
>> No. 47942
[x] Have Koakuma get the 'sample' from a suitable, normal, man. You sure as hell aren't going to go request this from a human yourself.
-[x] Preferably with the human as undamaged as possible. You don't need a beatdown from Reimu over this.
[x] Have Marisa go see what can be done to dress a stone golem. A minimum of decency should at least be respected if you are to grant his request.
If she focuses strongly enough, there will be no troble, regardless of the sample.

>>47940
The higher faerie in Doll's Quest have a slight relation to Touhou canon at best. They're strong, cunning, ruthless and perceptive. Cirno probably learned how to make golems by herself.
>> No. 47943
>>47941
You asked:
>What exactly is in there that make you think there's a link to Doll Quest at all?
Not for proof. That's a valid enough link for suspicion.
>> No. 47944
>>47943
Fine, fine. So long as votes don't start being created because of what's going on in DQ.
>> No. 47945
[x]Discuss homunculi with Prophyrion before sample hunting, sounds like he has something in mind.
[x]Wake the witch and the spider, get breakfast.
[x]Assuming Marisa's test batch is done, have her make a test batch based on the recipe in the book you requested last night. If she's finished in a timely manner, examine both.
>> No. 47947
Jeez Tewi just said there were some unexpected difficulties with the medicine and nobody wants to go there to help out a bit? this much medicine would certainly be worth it.

[x] Have Koakuma get the 'sample' from a suitable, normal, man. You sure as hell aren't going to go request this from a human yourself.
-[x] Preferably with the human as undamaged as possible. You don't need a beatdown from Reimu over this.
[x] Have Marisa go see what can be done to dress a stone golem. A minimum of decency should at least be respected if you are to grant his request.
[X] Help out out Eientei for a bit, bring Tewi a present.
>> No. 47948
>>47947
How about because Eirin is competent and if our help was needed, she would have called us? Beside, there are more important things to do with our time.
>> No. 47952
Why are we pandering to the servants, again?

[X] Explain to Porphyrion what you meant by "specifics".
[X] If he still wants a fleshy body, he'll have to work for it. He can secure any needed sample himself, but warn him not to kill, injure, or force anyone. The local priestess, among several others, can easily banish him if she feels he has threatened any of the humans, and if that happens, good luck getting someone to ever summon him again. And if said priestess comes back to you with any complaints of his actions, you will see about returning him to someplace much less pleasant than the Asphodel Fields.
- [X] Mention this to Sakuya -- the resulting hijinks might appeal to Remilia, and she's been focusing far too much on your perfectly adequate lack of love life for your comfort recently. Maybe this will distract her for a while.
[X] Wake up Marisa and find out how the brewing went. Come up with some means to evaluate the results that don't involve yourself or anyone you care too much about.
>> No. 47955
What about that guide guy? Forgot his name, the werewolf.

We could hire him again. I think a non-lethal time with Koakuma would be enough payment for this "service".
>> No. 47956
>>47955
Hey Alistair, could you fuck my succubus? She won't steal your soul, I promise.
>> No. 47957
>>47955
Sure, nevermind the little werewolf problem that could be transferred to the created body...
>> No. 47958
File 131861929882.jpg- (223.44KB , 650x918 , 617ae49083f513ad35cb06a05ebdee81fa88d34f.jpg ) [iqdb]
47958
"Yes, though as I also said, the homunculi draw upon the sample material in large part to determine their final form. It is not impossible to make a physically powerful body from material gained from a frail being, but it is much a simpler matter if the donor was already known for their physical strength, as less correction will be required during the growth. Oni, for example, would be ideal for that specific trait, beings of Fire and Earth that they are. Of course, this carries a risk of traits that are not necessarily desirable: Horns and significantly increased risk of chronic alcoholism. Entirely aside from that, I don't doubt that to attain a sample, I will have to either have to bribe the oni in question, which will likely take a great deal of very high quality alcohol, or defeat it in battle and simply take what I need. Neither prospect is appealing, due to expense in the first part and the high risk of personal injury in the second." You continue.

"I see.. but any sort of sample can be tweaked enough to fit selected criteria, then?" Porphyrion muses.

"So long as the donor is human, or human-shaped, yes." You agree. "The most readily available source, given our location, would be blood... however, Remilia may be rather put off by the quantity that would be required. Donors can be located for this specific purpose, however if I go that route, it will likely be simpler to send Koakuma out to collect seed, and use that. A comparatively minuscule amount would be required, in comparison to blood..."

"My ears started burning~" Koakuma declared. "Were you discussing me?"

"I am considering sending you out on a collection task that, as a succubus, I doubt you are unfamiliar with." You say calmly, watching as Koa's eyes flash with interest at the task hinted at, and her head-wings perk up like ears, fluttering slightly. "... If I do, you aren't allowed to so much as taste any souls. The risk of having to deal with infuriated housewives and mothers is already significant enough, I have no intention of bringing the shrine maiden down on my head without cause."

"But that takes at least half the fun out of it..." Koa complains, wings drooping and becoming still again. Then an amused glint flashed through her eyes, and she leered. "Of course, if it's that you need, I'd be more than happy to provide myself, so long as my lovely~ master~ assists in coaxing-

"No." You interrupt flatly, ignoring how Porphyrion looks interested and amused by the whole situation. "Unless you are offering your ovum, you don't have the required biology anyway."

"Don't I? The succubus drawled, leer widening. "My, I do wonder how you can be so sure of that. Why, have you been peeping, Master~?

You frown dubiously.

"... How fascinating. You've managed to make me consider questions I have no intention of discovering the answer to." You say dryly. "In any case, either way, I am unwilling to go through the trouble of filtering out the many undesirable traits that would come from any sample you might offer. In any case, this is still the consideration phase, I have not made any final decisions yet... though Marisa's potions do need to be tested, and Homunculi would be the most convenient means of doing so, given difficulties that may arise from discovery, if I were to harm a human without being sure I could fix it."

You think for a moment, and shake your head.

"Much as the idea appeals to me, I suppose Marisa can't be used to test her own potions either. A shame. In any case, I advise you strongly consider what specifics you desire, as I shouldn't take too much longer to come to a conclusion." You say, turning and heading back towards the area with the pillar and pot.

Yamame has risen, but is clearly almost entirely asleep still, as she rubs at her eyes and yawns. Her stomach complains audibly, and after a moment of dazed confusion, she stumbles toward the bound Marisa. That won't do at all, and you facilitate the spider's full awakening by hitting her with an orb of water the size of her torso, right in the side of her head. The combination of impact and unexpected chill seem to do the trick, even as it bowls her off her feet.

"I'm up..." The spider groans.

"Yes, I see that." You say shortly. "And kindly refrain from dining on what, for the time being, belongs to me."

"Yeah, my bad, not used to there being humans around first thing when I start waking up. That will be missed, anyway." She groans, wiping the last of the water off her face. She blinks as she considers the state of the witch. "... Especially when they're being stored as food, when the hell did that happen?"

"Sometime after I retired, it seems." You reply, and a smaller orb splashes the witch awake. She splutters for a moment, and attempts to thrash, though the wrappings prevent her from moving much at all. This, more than anything else, seems to be what jolts her awake the fastest.

"... The hell did this happen?" She says, clearly uncomfortable and trying to wriggle free.

"I think in the future, the two of you should be supervised whenever one or both of you are under the influence of mind-affecting substances." You decide aloud, shaking your head as you create sharp blades and set them to cutting the witch free. The silk is particularly strong, and takes some time to cut through, leading you to regret that you cannot simply burn it away without certainly inflicting harm on the witch. It's not too long before she spills free, however.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47963
...Come to think of it, what if we sent Koakuma Outside for this? That way, we don't NEED to care about the state of the human after it's done. Of course, there's the problem of Koakuma getting 'extras' or maybe attract the wrong sort of attention, but that should depends on the time we leave her for this task.

And Ran should at least expect two portals at times (One for leaving, one for returning). Since it's been a few days, there shouldn't be any problem.

[x]Consider ways to gather seed. Maybe the Outside?
[x] Have Marisa go see what can be done to dress a stone golem. A minimum of decency should at least be respected if you are to give him genitals.
[x] Check the marks and records for the students. Let's see how much effort they might be worth.
>> No. 47964
Maybe Koakuma could be sent to the underground - there are oni there, right?
Surely she's sexually adventurous enough to risk a few broken bones.
>> No. 47966
>>47964
We JUST got the explanation on why onis are a bad idea (horns, alcoholism).
>> No. 47967
>>47966
Yeah, but that didn't convince me.
>> No. 47968
[X]Consider ways to gather seed. Maybe the Outside? Maybe send Koakuma to the underground to gather a samples from an oni if that's feasible.
[X]Place the outside end of the portal at Hogwarts. Clean up the room one way or another so that passing through it is tolerable.

Oni-based bodies would probably be the most suitable for the giants, they have the right traits after all.
If we were to send Koakuma outside we wouldn't have to worry about forbidding her from killing whoever she chooses as long as we make sure it's outside our future employers' sphere of influence. It could probably lead to some trouble in the future if our assistant has committed a murder on the school's doorstep.
>> No. 47971
>>47966
When put up against the advantages (generally large stature, great physical strength etc) those don't seem like much of a problem.

Of course, if we were to make some additional homunculi to test healing potions for side effects and the like they might conceivably be less useful than if we were to base them on humans.
>> No. 47972
>>47971
>>47968
The only advantage is that it just be easier to shape the traits of strength as desired. But a bit more work for one trait is better than working hard to remove two undesirable traits.
>> No. 47974
[x] Consider ways to gather seed. Maybe the Outside?
[x] Build a safe residence to put the other end of the portal. Take medicine if necessary.

Really, why not? We are feeling pretty well and preparing the room seems to be more of a bother than using a bit of construction magic.

>>47358
> You pause for a long moment, frowning in deep thought. Had there been something else? Ah. Yes, something had been tickling at the edges of your thoughts for a while now. You could certainly purify that room enough to be at least habitable enough to pass through for a few moments every day, with minimal health concerns, but if you plan to even give the merest illusion of actually living there, it will take some effort to keep things in order, and you would have to expand it somewhat. As Sakuya is unwilling to work beyond the scope of her duties in the mansion, you would either have to find some way to convince Remilia to have her expand the room beyond its current, nearly offensively-small and cramped conditions, or search out a spell to do it yourself, without smashing apart and restructuring the rest of the nearby castle in so doing.
> You aren't certain you want to go through even that minor extra effort, when you are already familiar with magic that can allow you to make suitable quarters, and more or less have the ambiguous approval of the headmaster to do so.
>> No. 47978
>>47974
Well, now that I read it again, I suppose there would be less chances of 'rats' sneaking in. of course, it would have to be warded against possible curious rats and (meta-knowledge here) visits from Hagrid should probably be expected, depending on how he view Patchouli.

Oh wait, Hagrid's not here at the start of this. What I said on him will only apply for later.

Still, perhaps Albus should be seen to see where is good for this first?
>> No. 47979
>>Consider ways to gather seed. Maybe the Outside?

Fertility Clinics.
>> No. 47981
Huh, totally forgot about the class notes, might as well get on that.

[x]Grab breakfast
[x]Set Marisa to making a batch of the potions outlined in the book. Should material quantity be an issue, a smaller test-batch is perfectly acceptable. Make sure all bottles of either potion are appropriately labeled.
[x]Go over the notes on the students you'll be dealing with for the foreseeable future.

Sending Koa to... "gather" materials can wait until tomorrow. That's when Patchy's having her next planned dateouting with Tewi after the medicine is dropped off, though Eirin might want her to check in first. Assuming she's well enough to go Outside, she can bring Koa and Marisa along; Koa goes off to go collecting while Marisa's along for any heavy lifting that might be needed(and to keep an eye on her).

Hmm, might want to pay the springs a visit tonight. Not sure what sort of fire-based things the Red-White would take as a bribe, but I'm sure she'd have ideas.

Oh, and house construction may as well wait for Earth day, as has been said. There's nothing wrong with keeping a few spare rooms Hogwarts-side, just in case. Also the possibilities of an underground expansion, etc.
>> No. 47982
>>47981
Let's stay modest even on Earth day, shall we? It's not like Patchouli will need much with the portal inside the house.
>> No. 47983
[x]Grab breakfast
[x]Set Marisa to making a batch of the potions outlined in the book. Should material quantity be an issue, a smaller test-batch is perfectly acceptable. Make sure all bottles of either potion are appropriately labeled.
[x]Go over the notes on the students you'll be dealing with for the foreseeable future.
>> No. 47984
>>47982
Oh, yes, I'm not talking about making a huge manor or anything, just a couple of rooms and a fortified and warded underground bunker just in case of shenanigans.
>> No. 47985
>>47982
Why stay modest? We're erecting permanent property here. Make a nice enough building and Hogwarts will be in our debt before the school year even begins.
>> No. 47987
>>47985
Because Albus is already wondering some things about us. Considering he never thought of simply building a house with magic, this will attract more attention than wanted should something too big show up.

We may have to ask Yukari how much secrecy should be enforced. Albus already saw the SDM inhabitants but if youkais pop up, this may result in unwanted questions.
>> No. 47988
>>47987
>attention considered harmful
Why? Does Dumbledore finding out where Patchy lives really matter? Yukari hasn't warned us to keep anything secret. Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission, I believe.
>> No. 47989
>>47981

A multi-purpose outing tomorrow does seem the most efficient way to deal with several issues. The main problem of a mass outing, from Patchy's point of view, would probably be leaving the library unguarded -- granted, if Marisa is with us, the largest threat is taken care of -- perhaps set Porphyrion to guard as a "test" to see if he is worthy of you spending the effort of making him a body.

My main concern with giving him a fleshy body is that we do not lose any control over him. If we can still dismiss his spirit at will, that's not a problem, but if not, we don't want to give him a body so powerful that it would be problematic for us to get rid of him if he eventually turns troublesome (and, judging by Greek myths of giants, that's pretty much just a matter of time).

In the meantime, though...
[x]Grab breakfast
[x]Set Marisa to making a batch of the potions outlined in the book. Should material quantity be an issue, a smaller test-batch is perfectly acceptable. Make sure all bottles of either potion are appropriately labeled.
[x]Go over the notes on the students you'll be dealing with for the foreseeable future.

Other things that would seem to make sense for a bit later:
[x] Make a note to see about talking to Keine about the students, and teaching human children in general. She might have some insight that will ease the inevitable torture.
[x] Library defense research, as time permits.
>> No. 47990
[x]Grab breakfast
[x]Set Marisa to making a batch of the potions outlined in the book. Should material quantity be an issue, a smaller test-batch is perfectly acceptable. Make sure all bottles of either potion are appropriately labeled.
[x]Go over the notes on the students you'll be dealing with for the foreseeable future.

seems like a good way to start the day
>> No. 47991
[X] >>47989

This.
>> No. 47993
File 131865865240.jpg- (527.34KB , 750x941 , ffdc2edb48c7a81c5a18536ea34a5845.jpg ) [iqdb]
47993
You are still considering the matter of samples as you summon a maid and direct breakfast be brought in. Inside the Barrier, great care must be taken with such things. Outside, though... outside, you could likely let the succubus harvest as she wills, with little fear of reprisal, so long as things are kept away from areas you intend to frequent even intermittently. The allegory of wise thieves not robbing their neighbors, and all that. Going that far, however, it would be best to bring her along on the outing tomorrow, at least as far as outside the limits of Gensokyo... however, that leaves the library defenses in a minimal state. The Giants would likely be enough on their own to repel the curious sort of intruders, who simply wished to stand inside a wizard's sanctum once in their lives, and the general sorts of attempted petty thieves that couldn't use anything they pilfered even if they got away with it. Marisa, however, could prove to be an issue.

Well, if worst comes to worst, you can simply drag her along as well, as a pack mule. The fact remains that there are only two seats in the driver's portion of the vehicle, if you take that route, and not simply crafting a portal outside. Still, without cargo, there should be sufficient room in the rear to arrange something. And if you drive out, it gives you an excuse, however flimsy, to visit the shrine and alert Reimu to your plans in advance, sometime today. And while you are at the shrine, an opening may appear to subtly end up in the spring...

Well, it's something to consider, as you flip open the requested book from last night, eating slowly as you turn pages until you locate what you had been looking for. You pull out a sheet of paper and a pen as well, and after gritting your teeth, you almost have to force yourself to grudgingly slide it over to the witch.

"This book does not leave the library." You say sternly, right off the bat. "The rest of the contents are unimportant, but I'll have you prepare this later today. The potion requires an estimated six hours to make, so you will have the rest of the morning to gather the ingredients required, and begin on that after lunch."

"This is another healing potion." Marisa notes around a mouthful of bacon.

"Yes." You say, not bothering to try to conceal that when it seems the black white's knowledge in this area of traditional witchery seems to somewhat outstrip your own, and it's noted right there on the page besides. "I intend to test it against your own recipe. I see that it's been bottled already... one dose per vial?"

"Yeah, give or take a few drops." Marisa agreed, and you note that some of the fluid in the bottles seems like it may be very slightly higher or lower than others.

"In any case, she will label them as being of your recipe, though as they seem to be a rather vibrant red and the color I recall the final product of this being was a more pastel pink, I doubt it would be an issue even without. In any case, if you have even the slightest suspicion that you may not recall every ingredient and the quantities required perfectly as you are gathering them, then I advise you write them down now. The book itself will remain here." You stress again.

"Yeah, heard you the first time." Marisa said, but after a frowning moment she picked up the pen and began scribbling as she ate. "Stuff seems pretty weak, of course. Doesn't look like you'll be getting much in the way of side effects, though... well, except that bark can be a laxative, but it looks like this herb should neutralize it. I guess it's give and take, but I can't see this turning out better than my stuff."

"We'll see." You say, choosing not to argue the point, as it really isn't your specialty.

She heads off shortly after the food is gone, and you turn your attention to other matters, having decided that now is a good enough time to take a look at the notes on the students.

You are met by a stunning display of mediocrity.

Most of the badger group, judging by the scoring system applied, range from 'average' to 'exceeding expectations', and a more vexing grade you have never seen. Expectations are highly variable, and if one expects nothing of someone, than anything they might do would exceed that expectation of them. Indeed, the implication of the system would be that none of the students are really expected to be anything but average in near every way. There are a few outstanding marks, of course, but they seem to be in roughly the same physical-labor-intensive courses, the plant and beast classes, and in groups noted as being close friends with each other.

The snake group has a similar range, and a similarly few number of students who score the high marks. It's notable, however, that these are rather more scattered. Snakes do not seem to enjoy working with one another toward common causes, and while some might be scoring very well on the more physical classes, others are inclined to more intellectual pursuits. There are several outliers which score poorer marks in some classes, but only one lower than simply 'poor'.

The raven group seems to be the cream of the crop, averaging almost entirely as exceeding expectations, with some few dipping down to merely acceptable in areas that do not take advantage of relative cognitive superiority. Almost none actually fail any class, and those which do never drop below poor. Comparatively, this group seems to have the largest number of students scoring top marks.

Then you come to the lion house, and you feel like your mild headache is worsening as you pore through them. This group includes, bar none, the largest group of failing students, with the worst scores, and the fewest number of high marks. Small mercies attend you however, as it seems that, at the very least, they all seem to do relatively well in the course you will be teaching, only a couple managing to be marked as poor, most thoroughly exceeding the lax expectations of them. Like the badgers, they seem to do well enough in more physical courses, but unlike them the majority fail, and fail dismally, at putting themselves through intellectual courses. A couple stand out as the exceptions, but for the most part that rule holds true, and it seems that the lions do not take to the concept of privately studying in groups any better than the serpents do. It seems like most manage to realize their inadequacies and rapidly adjust their courses to more fit their strengths...

In any case, while the notes about planned careers are scattered and widely varied in the other three groups, the lions break down into two categories. Becoming a star player in the local sport, which the majority seem to favor, and becoming a magical policeman. There are a few variances here as well, but few enough differing opinions that they hardly match up to the bulk of the main two options.

Well, it seems you will have your work cut out for you in any case. For whatever bizarre reason, it seems that the headmaster carries a strong personal bias in favor of the lions, given the phrasing of his notes and summaries, and a somewhat weaker one against the serpents. One boy in particular seems to stand out as the apple of his eye, though you can see nothing particularly special about him through those notes or his grades, and it seems on further inspection that he owes most of his achievement in the latter to the unending efforts of a friend, without which he would be less than stellar. You hesitate to label it a doting infatuation, deciding after a long period of thought that you will simply consider it the blind affection of an old man without progeny of his own, assigned to a surrogate grandchild which had caught his eye somehow, until you have actual cause to believe otherwise, as that fits the situation just as well.

In any case, Marisa has returned with a bulging sack and a small tear in her vest. Clearly she had some manner of minor encounter on her outing. Also clearly, this means it it around time for a lunch, and a quick check of the time confirms this. Going through the notes seems to have occupied your entire morning. You put them carefully away before they attract any specific attention from the returned witch, who seems to want to eat before she begins the potion, but also seems uncertain of how to summon a maid on her own, or if it would be wise to do so.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47994
[x] SAKUYAAAAAAAA!
[x] Study wards.
>> No. 47995
[X] Summon lunch-bringers. Eat.
[X] While Marisa works on her potion, start researching/planning out suitable wards and other defenses for the library.
-[X] Also refresh your memory as to the expected results of implanting a summoned spirit into a homunculus. Specifically, will it still be a composite summoned entity (and hence dismissable), or will it then become an independent mortal? Any unusual weaknesses?

And unless something else happens during this time...

[X] Check out Marisa's work when she is done.
[X] Also tell Marisa to fix her torn outfit before she goes to sleep. We don't want our porter tomorrow to be unnecessarily scruffy.
[X] Plan on heading to the Hakurei hot springs when she is done. If you think a bribe for the shrine maiden will be beneficial (either for the springs or as advance payment for the trip tomorrow), bring along a picnic dinner to share. Otherwise eat here first -- from your experience at the festivals, Hakurei's fare tends to be rather sub-standard.
-[X] Bring along Marisa in order to keep an eye on her. If you think it will make her more easy to control, you can tell her it's a reward or something.
-[X] She can carry the meal, if you will be eating there -- also make her serve it. She's dressed for the part, after all.
-[X] While you are there, make arrangements to pass through the boundary tomorrow.
>> No. 47996
>>47995

The Raymoo bribe needs to be something that coincides with the day of magic that it is, just like last time.

She needs a fire-themed gift to go along with her apple tree.
>> No. 47997
>>47996
Wait Wait! Do we have any chocolate left over from the golems? She'd probably love that.
>> No. 47999
[x] SAKUYAAAAAAAA!
[X] While Marisa works on her potion, start researching/planning out suitable wards and other defenses for the library.
[X] Plan on heading to the Hakurei hot springs when she is done. If you think a bribe for the shrine maiden will be beneficial (either for the springs or as advance payment for the trip tomorrow), bring something fire related.
[X] bring Marisa and Yamane.

nice and simple
>> No. 48000
For a fire themed gift there are several Ideas:

1. Magical Bedwarmer: I bet it can get rather cold up that hill the shrine is biuld on. Especially in Winter. Even better if in the form of some cuddly animal.

2. Some Sort of everburning torch/lantern with either really bright or colorfull flames (Disco!).

3. Ever hot Mug. Never have cold coffee or tea.
>> No. 48001
[X] Summon lunch-bringers. Eat.
[X] While Marisa works on her potion, start researching/planning out suitable wards and other defenses for the library.
-[X] Also refresh your memory as to the expected results of implanting a summoned spirit into a homunculus. Specifically, will it still be a composite summoned entity (and hence dismissable), or will it then become an independent mortal? Any unusual weaknesses?
[X] Check out Marisa's work when she is done.
-[X] Tell Marisa to fix her torn outfit before she goes to sleep. We don't want our porter tomorrow to be unnecessarily scruffy.
>> No. 48002
>>47910
>>47914

No, just forgot to refresh before voting. Apologies.
>> No. 48004
>>47994
>>47999
No need to scream guys.

[x] Summon a maid, ask Marisa what happened.
[X] While Marisa works on her potion, start researching/planning out suitable wards and other defenses for the library.
[X] Plan on heading to the Hakurei hot springs when she is done. Prepare a bribe for when she's done.

Just something guys, but remember Reimu may not be happy to see Koakuma going along with us for obvious reasons. If you want to use the springs, better sneak in and sneak back Koakuma.

Other solution is to leave her inside for now, make a suitable house at Hogwarts and use the key to open the other end of portal and let Koakuma in the Outside by this entry point.
>> No. 48005
[X] While you are there, make arrangements to pass through the boundary tomorrow.
- [x]Bribe: Ever hot Mug. Never have cold coffee or tea.
>> No. 48006
[x] Summon lunch-bringers. Eat.
[x] Ask Marisa what happened.
[x] While Marisa works on her potion, start researching/planning out suitable wards and other defenses for the library.

>>48003
> Other solution is to let her inside for now, make a suitable house at Hogwarts and use the key to open the other end of portal and let Koakuma in the Outside by this entry point.
This sounds reasonable to me.
>> No. 48007
>>48005

I like the ever hot mug Idea

adding

[x]Bribe: Ever hot Mug. Never have cold coffee or tea.

to my vote >>47999
>> No. 48008
A small thing, but upon rereading, I realised that vote for dressing stone golem was useless since the guy himself realized the addition would be useless, being a stone golem.
>> No. 48009
[x] Summon lunch-bringers. Eat.
[x] Ask Marisa what happened.
[x] While Marisa works on her potion, start researching/planning out suitable wards and other defenses for the library.
[x]Prepare a bribe: Everhot Mug.
>> No. 48010
File 131872146682.jpg- (755.38KB , 900x1249 , 58c73162a8180e182f2b2d6eb94ea06e.jpg ) [iqdb]
48010
You summon the maids, having no interest in leaving the witch floundering, and eat a little bit yourself. You bring up the tear, and half-listen to the witch ramble about bumping into the half-ghost while she was collecting things, and having to fight her over an herb that, it seems, is useful for ordinary cooking as it is for potions before you turn your mind back to business.

Library defense... the initial measure would be to simply seal over all the doors and windows leading outside, limiting it to the main entry to the mansion proper. Only intruders with absurd confidence would have the sheer gall to go through solid walls in order to get in. Intruders like Marisa. She would be the sticking point. You can set wards to baffle and confuse those who aren't supposed to be here, you can seal over entries, you can summon up hideous beasts from the beyond to secure the area, but time and again she has proven that she is simply just a bit more adept at getting in than you are at keeping her out.

Chasing her away is seldom difficult, of course, but being rid of her before she sets hand on anything... that is the tricky part. And when it comes down to it, you cannot use the more effective sort of measures in the library's defense, because those have a marked propensity towards being very lethal indeed. And while it seems that the shrine maiden has no qualms about humans thieving from nonhumans, and Marisa doesn't seem to hold any objection to the things she takes being stolen away from her again, lethal measures would be going a bit far for her to overlook. She may not care much about youkai preying on less fortunate outsiders, but the witch was born and raised in Gensokyo. She has connections, people who know and are friendly with her, and would raise a fuss if she disappeared and there was any link towards a given nonhuman being responsible for that. Such as yourself. And it's not difficult to find someone perfectly aware that you are not well pleased with the witch's habits.

So, there might be some that would consider the whole situation as Marisa cheerily poking you with a stick and not grasping that you could eventually turn and burn her to ash. It wouldn't help you when the shrine maiden came calling. Retaliation at that point could only be expected.

But even so, Marisa is, when it comes down to it, the most serious threat to your possessions, as any other intruder is generally turned away, and if Reimu decides to stop by she generally only bothers to purloin from the pantry and kitchens. The newer shrine maiden hasn't thought to visit yet, as you recall. Probably a good thing, as you've heard rumors that she's a little excitable, and hasn't quite settled in to Gensokyo yet. But aside from those two, there are no frequent visitors that regularly pass the gatekeeper, and the ones that do are generally various more powerful fairies and weaker youkai. They are only seldom any trouble to turn away.

After thinking it through, you spend some time leafing through books, but they only confirm your own thoughts. There is very little that Marisa has not already defeated, or could be reasonably expected to bypass. Those that aren't are, indeed, very unfortunately lethal, and might only keep her out by virtue of having killed the witch before she notices they are there at all. And there's no guarantee in that regard, either.

You'll have to consider the matter again lat-

"This book has some pretty neat stuff in it." Marisa says, seeming to have begun flipping through it as she waited patiently for the brew to have simmered the correct amount of time in preparation for the next phase. "Not as good as my mixes, but some neat things I haven't thought of before. I'll have to borrow it some time, after I'm not working here any more, 'k Patchy?" She says, casually dropping her intent to steal it as though she were discussing the weather.

It takes you several deep breaths to restrain the urge to immediately walk over and drown the witch in her potion, at the declaration, but you persevere. Calming yourself, you turn your mind instead to the homunculi, just to keep distracted.

Implanting a giant into a homunculus should be no different from implanting it into a form of stone, or wood, and with no other soul already present to vie against it for control, there should be no particular difficulties in that regard. With the spirit not being in its native body, as well, there would be nothing stopping you from dismissing it at any given time, which leaves one more concern dealt with.

Aside from this, the only matter you have not thought deeply about is the sterility of homunculi, and their inability to propagate and form new life. This, you recall, was taken advantage of shamelessly by an alchemist some centuries previous, who used the homunculi he crafted as cheap menial labor and to stock a brothel, without having to worry about the concerns of unexpected infants that human workers in such situations would bring up sooner or later, as well as any other matters a human would object to, such as being stored and moved around in boxes, or the minimal sustenance required to keep the bodies from failing. Neither would they object to being disposed of as they were when they wore out, or, as records indicated, when a customer came with tendencies of battering or strangling their partners to death in the heat of the moment. As you recall, though, the man met his end at the knife of a customer who didn't destroy his bed-mate because he enjoyed it, but simply because he did not have the money to pay, and did not take kindly to being tracked down with a bill.

You doubt that a homunculus with a spirit inside of it would be any less infertile than a homunculus without, but it is a matter to consider. Especially given how you do not doubt the giant intends to use it.

As Marisa finishes the potion, you think and then craft a cup of stone and imbue it with a wisp of flame, tiny enough that you cannot hear a voice even to mumble back at you, but sufficient to the purpose.

"Don't touch the inside." You warn, as you set it aside and return your books to their proper place. As expected, you only have moments to wait before you hear a sharp yelp, and when you turn back Marisa is staring accusingly at you, finger in her mouth.

"... I did warn you, did I not." You say without empathy, still considering whether to eat dinner now and save the cup for later, or to have the meal prepared in baskets, with some extra, and have the witch carry them to the shrine. The thought of trotting her about in servant cloth, your clear inferior... well, you doubt you'll soon grow bored of it. And bringing her along could increase the likelihood of getting into the spring, especially if you arrange things to put it as a reward for the witch, more than your own personal interest.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 48011
Sounds like a plan.

[x] Have the meals prepared in baskets, take the witch to the shrine and all that.
>> No. 48014
[x] Inform Porphyrion of the sterility part.
-[x] Also inform him of what will most likely happen should he act without care with his new body.
[x] Inform Reimu of the probable outing tomorrow. Have Marisa along carrying the bribe.

Isn't that swell? Now it's either trying to make a deal Marisa don't have to accept, find a new kind of ward by buying magic books Outside (Fidelius charm would actually be perfect should Patchouli stumbles upon it) or ask for help from someone who can help, but with a price.

As for Porphyrion part, it's mostly to inform him that should he force or take advantage of a girl (like the fairy maids for exemple), reprisal would most likely be fatal.
>> No. 48015
File 131872402456.jpg- (558.58KB , 1600x1600 , humidity equalized.jpg ) [iqdb]
48015
[x] Set up a proper library at Marisa's house. If she's going to steal your things, she's at least going to store them properly.

Things that will never happen.
>> No. 48016
[x]Extort Marisa into guarding the library, she is usually the only threat anyways. Sakuya could probably keep her in line while you are away.
[x]Finish the golemns for Yukari and time-skip.
>> No. 48017
[x]Inform Porphyrion of the sterility part.
[x]Ask Yamame if she'd like to go(provided she's in the vicinity and isn't off getting drunk somewhere), and have a dinner for four or five packed depending on her answer. Make sure some booze is packed too.
[x]Head for the Shrine, have Marisa haul the basket, and don't forget the mug.
([x]Make a mental note to study up on illusions, where brute force fails, redirection may succeed)
>> No. 48018
If you can not stop Marisa entering the library then simply make the books unable to leave unless alowed by you.

Have them turn ethereal or teleport back once they cross the threshold of the library. That should at least stop all thieves a while.

And if that is to finicky: have the ward teleport anything on Marisas person to a different part of the mansion. Humiliate her enough and she will become more cautious.
>> No. 48019
[X] Have the meals prepared in baskets, take the witch to the shrine and all that.

Sounds good. Are we going to bring Koa with us tomorrow? I assume the plan is to wait until we have the portal set up to avoid letting Reimu know we are taking our succubus for an outing.

I just hope Yukari hasn't used those golems yet. It could get a bit problematic if Reimu were to figure out we provided Yukari with those things and she does have really good intuition.
>> No. 48020
[X] Have the meals prepared in baskets, take the witch to the shrine and all that.
-[x] Consider a simple enchantment that brings back books to a certain location if they move a determinate amount of distance away from their anchor.
>> No. 48021
[x] Ask Yamame if she'd like to go(provided she's in the vicinity and isn't off getting drunk somewhere), and have a dinner for four or five packed depending on her answer.
[x] Make sure some booze is packed too.
[X] Have the meals prepared in baskets, take the witch to the shrine and all that.
[x] Head for the Shrine, have Marisa haul the basket, and don't forget the mug.
-[x] Consider a simple enchantment that brings back books to a certain location if they move a determinate amount of distance away from their anchor.
>> No. 48022
You know, I've been meaning to say this for a while now, but for a Harry Potter crossover, this is unexpectedly good. When you first dropped that bombshell early on, I was like "story ruined" and was going to just stop reading. I'm glad I didn't.
>> No. 48023
>>48022

Now all we need is for someone to do a Twilight/Touhou crossover.
>> No. 48024
>>48023

No, even if some one could pull it off, just simply no.
>> No. 48025
File 131873338557.jpg- (1.88MB , 1535x1629 , die in a fire.jpg ) [iqdb]
48025
>>48023
>> No. 48026
I seriously doubt sterility is a concern for the giant. Impotence on the other hand... We could tinker with that, and tie it to some alchemical mixture, as some further leash on him other than just "g'bye!" If we still even care to keep him around at that point.

Marisa, Marisa, Marisa, you are a nice little problem. We could try to reason with her, but I seriously doubt that will really work...

Fidelius charm is a good idea, but it does have some weaknesses, and Patchy won't know about it until she gets to Hogwarts, at least. Self-returning books is also a good idea, but we have a lot of books. I doubt there is any way in hell we could get any significant number enchanted in the next week. I still think using Sakuya hax might be our best overall bet for now.

[x]Ask Yamame if she'd like to go (provided she's in the vicinity and isn't off getting drunk somewhere), and have a dinner for four or five packed depending on her answer.
[x]Head for the Shrine, have Marisa haul the basket, and don't forget the mug.

And this may be a bad idea, but if we can't find a physical means of keeping her out, we really need to get a better handle on what makes Marisa tick:

[x] Also that comment about the book indicates she has probably gotten over her earlier distress that made her so agreeably compliant. It might be a good idea to push her a bit and find out where more of her boundaries are. Once there, order her about a bit more than is strictly necessary, as an experiment. Being in front of Reimu should make it more stressful. Start with forbidding her any alcohol, to prevent tainting the results. Use the deal against her, if necessary, but stop when you feel you're likely to hit hard resistance.
-[x] If worst comes to worse and Marisa attacks, make sure she loses her end of the deal as well -- target the borrowed clothes.
>> No. 48027
((It's too bad we can't set Marisa up with a library card. Imagine the magics about returning books we could place on one if she willingly accepted it!))
>> No. 48028
Patchy sure does get a lot of enjoyment out of forcing a teenage girl to act as her inferior. Pathetic.
>> No. 48030
>>48028
A 'teenage girl' who enjoys breaking into her residence, beating the crap out of her for laughs, and then stealing her shit. Marisa acts like a bloody chav, and that she hasn't been immolated already is a sign of a patience and restraint from Patchouli that is bordering on sainthood.
>> No. 48031
[x] Ask Yamame if she'd like to go(provided she's in the vicinity and isn't off getting drunk somewhere), and have a dinner for four or five packed depending on her answer.
[x] Make sure some booze is packed too.
[X] Have the meals prepared in baskets, take the witch to the shrine and all that.
[x] Head for the Shrine, have Marisa haul the basket, and don't forget the mug.
-[x] Consider a simple enchantment that brings back books to a certain location if they move a determinate amount of distance away from their anchor.

Haven't seen the spider all day, gettin kinda worried.
>> No. 48032
File 131874634324.jpg- (114.47KB , 496x574 , 76c8cb42ee46c7f356a47d2675c5a20b.jpg ) [iqdb]
48032
"Spider." You say. "Do you enjoy hot water?"

"... If this is an invitation to go someplace, yeah." Yamame says after a careful moment of consideration. "If I did something wrong, then I'll pass, and I'll try not to do it again."

"The first." You say, turning aside.

You don't summon the normal maids again, but call Sakuya directly, as your request is a bit more complicated than 'bring food here' this time. Best to not leave it entirely in fairy hands. She returns after a few minutes with a pair of large baskets. You stuff one into Marisa's hands, and the other into the spider's, and then open a portal to the base of the Hakurei stairs. The cup, you carry yourself.

"Come along." You say, as you step through. You've already begun floating up the steps as they pass through the portal themselves, and you close it behind them. Marisa grumbles a bit as she starts walking, but the spider doesn't seem to mind the exertion. The witch cheats fairly quickly, picking up into the air herself, though she drops back down and continues taking up the steps as normal afterwards. Theatrics, it seems. She really doesn't like at all to be seen flying without the traditional witch's broomstick, though at least she can bow to convenience when she feels like it.

The shrine maiden is drinking tea at the front of the shrine, when you arrive, and looks over your group with only mild curiosity.

"... I hope you don't intend to head out somewhere this late in the day." She says after a moment. "Unless you intend to stay out until I wake up."

"I've merely come to give advance warning that I will be passing through tomorrow. As well as advance payment." You say, displaying the cup.

Reimu takes it, inspecting it closely before poking a finger inside. Unlike Marisa she does it slowly, and does not actually touch the lower interior. Towards the top, it would be cool, so as not to burn the lips of the drinker, but towards the bottom the bound wisp of flame gives off a good bit of heat indeed.

"Hm. That will do, I suppose." She says, after a moment. "Convenient, if you have to set a cup of tea aside, to know it won't grow cold. You could have brought this tomorrow, of course."

"I could have." You admit. "But I recall you have a hot spring, and Marisa has done... adequately, at the tasks I have set." You continue.

Reimu seems suspicious of your words, but you were careful not to speak anything but the truth. You do recall the hot spring. Marisa is perfectly adequate, or better, at mixing potions. That neither of these are related to each other is something that you don't feel you need to point out.

"I have brought food." You say instead, waving at the baskets, and that seems to seal the deal.

"You bring booze too?" The oni says, forming from gathering vapor and trying to pluck the basket out of the spiders hands. "Let's see it, let's see it~"

"There is some form of alcohol in one of those baskets, yes." You say dismissively, as the baskets get taken inside the building proper.

You eat a portion quickly, having eaten a fair bit already today, and thus not having much interest in the food. Oddly, the shrine maiden finishes her part quickly as well, and follows you immediately out, waving back at the assurances of the rest that they would 'catch up'. She settles into the water at the same time you do, and then frowns.

"I know what you're doing." She says calmly, and you grow still. "... It's irritating, because I'm pretty sure Marisa doesn't get it at all."

"Is that so?" You say, supposing you wouldn't really have been able to hide the fact that the display is deliberate, but thankful that she hasn't yet seemed to work out your personal interest in her springs.

"I don't care about this sort of thing." Reimu says, after a moment. "If she got trapped into it through a deal or a lost bet or whatever it was. It's her own fault, and I'm not going to bother asking you to stop rubbing her nose in it, but..."

The shrine maiden pauses, brow creasing as she considers her next words.

"She's a chatty drunk, sometimes." She eventually decides on.

"I don't see how it's relevant." You say.

"Believe me, it is." Reimu replies. "So's the fact that she's a little... eh. Not quite all there, I guess. Not really crazy, but not really normal either."

"There are very few practitioners of magic that can be honestly called 'normal'." You point out.

"Yeah, I suppose from that point of view, she's pretty ordinary." Reimu admits. "You're all weird in different ways, though. But back to what I was saying. The best way to put it is that I found out, not too long ago, that she likes you."

You snort.

"I'm not interested in friendship with the witch." You say dismissively.

"I know. You'd have killed her long ago if you thought you could get away with it, and if you thought I wouldn't come after you for it, to keep her away from your hoarded books." Reimu says pointedly.

It's not entirely true. You'd just as soon have her simply stop stealing from you of her own volition, unlikely as that is, or find a fail-safe way to keep her out of the library for good. You can begrudgingly respect her as a decent enough magic user that you could find some use of her in the future, and don't necessarily want to be rid of her before then. It's close enough that you don't bother arguing the point, though.

"... Marisa doesn't get that." Reimu says. "She honestly considers you a friend, despite that I'm fairly sure you haven't intentionally done anything to encourage that point of view. She considers the whole interplay between the two of you, the book stealing thing, a game at most, because she knows full well that she can't actually read a lot of what you have. But you've misunderstood what I said. I'll repeat myself. Marisa likes you."

It takes you several long moments to work out the odd stress the shrine maiden places on the word, but when you do your face twists in mild distaste before you can control it.

"Yes, that's about how I expected you to react." Reimu says simply. "But you're in good company. There's a lot of magic-users in Gensokyo, Alice, Byakuren, others I can't recall... and Marisa has little crushes on all of them, to some degree, or at least on the ones that know more or better or more specialized magic than she does. She drops by from time to time to make herself at home in their houses, and steal things from them, too. Part of it seems to be something like an inferiority complex, though she works hard on her own. But in any case, the biggest fixation she has is on you."

... Her easy acceptance of servitude before, and how she was wary of Remilia, but almost immediately agreed to your offer, is suddenly far less amusing. You are suddenly reviewing the past couple of days in your head, and you aren't sure you like the niggling details you're picking out. Her lack of distress at following your orders, her good behavior... even just earlier, when she had declared that she would be stealing that book, after she was no longer in your service, seems to take on foreboding meaning. Did she simply mean it as a declaration of intent, or was it a subtle hint, that she didn't need to steal anything now, but she would be looking for excuses to be back once you had gotten rid of her? Uncertainty washes over you, but after a few moments you brush the paranoid thoughts away, concluding that there is no way to be certain of any of it.

"... You're saying that she's stealing from me. To get my attention?" You say sharply.

"I'm saying that that seems to be a part of it, yes." Reimu says. "The ones she can use she gets a lot of use out of, but there's other books that just take up space in her house because she opens them once, figures out she can't read anything inside, and sets them aside. And to be perfectly frank, you aren't exactly a people person. Outside of books, there's very little that you care about: going after them is the easiest way to get your full and undivided attention, for at least a little while."

... it's almost as irritating as the thefts themselves are, you realize.

"Well, a lot of it is just my own conclusions of what I've noticed." The shrine maiden says, as noise starts to come from the changing rooms. "It depends on how much you trust my intuition about these things. But Marisa is a friend, so there's something I'll ask. If a time comes when you have to turn her down openly, be gentle about it. And don't lead her on, or hint at anything you aren't willing to go through with. Because if she comes to me... upset about you, after, then I'll be very upset." She says, voice suddenly filled with subtle menace.

You barely have time to compute this before the door to the springs opens, and a naked, laughing Oni splashes heavily into the water, the spider not far behind. Marisa, by contrast, enters the water quickly, but without fanfare, and is wrapped in a towel. She seems a little awkward, more so when you look at her, but more comfortable once she's more or less concealed beneath the rippling surface of the water as well as the towel. You deliberately look away, attempting to put as much pointed disinterest as possible into the action.

"... I didn't ask before, but that was an interesting choice of costume." Reimu says, as casually as if the previous conversation hadn't happened at all, and the spider jumps into an explanation of the nurse-garb. She seems to have become fond of it.

For the moment, you stare at the evening sky overhead, lost in thought. It's still an hour or two before you would normally retire.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 48033
I knew it! I really like this Raymoo. I wanna see her angry face. Marisa's tearstained face will be a bonus.
>> No. 48035
I think Marisa is just lonely, and not specifically looking for a girlfriend.

If only there was some place where strapping young witches ad wizards hung out at that she could go to...
>> No. 48036
>>48035

But Hogwarts is filled with chumps, Marisa will either school all of them, or be infected with their lack of talent.

Then again her becoming the greatest Quidditch player of all time is a very appealing idea.
>> No. 48037
>>48035
Quit it already, man.
>> No. 48038
We should ask Tewi to give Marisa luck before letting her down.
>> No. 48039
>>48035

Damn I didn't even think about Marisa and quidditch. That would be fuckin amazing.
>> No. 48040
Has Marisa written her Grimoire yet? If it has, we should definitely find a way to get Patchouli's hands on it.

Something like "I'll let you borrow books when you contribute a single one of your own."
>> No. 48041
>>48040

But...that wouldn't solve anything. She would still be borrowing books.
>> No. 48042
>>48041
She isn't borrowing right now. She's stealing. Patchouli doesn't have a problem with Marisa reading books in the library (she just lent her one). Provided she has control over what Marisa can borrow, she might be okay with Marisa taking a single book home. Maybe. My money's on no.
>> No. 48043
Yeah, she was pretty obviously pushing Patchy's buttons, not that Patchy would make the connection. So, in light of new information, it may be best lay off Marisa until Patchy has considered some of the ramifications of this.

Another reason to see about talking with Keine -- in addition to general student motivation advice, we can see what she would do if, say, one of her students were crushing on her. Hypothetically speaking.

For the moment, though, the only thing I can think of doing is...

Maybe it would be a good idea to put some actual effort into hunting down Marisa's old teacher. In addition to a no doubt stimulating theoretical discussion, there is the possibility that she might prove a more appealing target for Marisa's misguided affections.

[x] As you are leaving, send Marisa ahead and linger a moment to ask Reimu if she knows anything about someone called Mima.
>> No. 48044
[X] Get Marisa drunk. The oni will probably help.
[X] During any drunken witch antics that may occur, focus on retaining your composure, and make sure not to say anything likely to be misconstrued in a romantic fashion.
[X]Be sure to listen for anything that would be useful in lowering the black-white's theft rate.
>> No. 48045
>>48043

>"She is a ghost, then?" You say, slightly uncertain.

>"Yeah. Well... not what she calls it, anyway. Insists she's 'just a soul', denies actually being dead."


Human and soul/ghost relationship...sounds like there's going to be some real tender feelings involved in that one.
>> No. 48046
[x] As you are leaving, send Marisa ahead and linger a moment to ask Reimu if she knows anything about someone called Mima.

I fully support this line of inquiry.
>> No. 48047
New objective added.
[x]Try to get Marisa drunk.
[x]Make plans for tomorrow.
>> No. 48048
Reimu Hakurei - The Psychologist... Well, she IS miko after all...
>> No. 48050
Just throwing this out there for later, if we need to keep Marisa away from our books and we need an assistant in Hogwarts then why don't we ask her. Dumbledore would probably be more comfortable with her there than koakuma and if shes only stealing books for attention then being with patchy all the time might keep her from ransacking the library at Hogwarts.
>> No. 48051
[x] You need to sleep this over, but there's no point mulling over it right now.
[x] As you are leaving, send Marisa ahead and linger a moment to ask Reimu if she knows anything about someone called Mima.
[x] Prepare inquiry to Keine, both regarding adolescent crushes and general inquiries about dealing with unruly but frail students. Considering the mediocrity of the Hogwarts students, you might need some pointers on "soft" teaching methods.
>> No. 48052
[X]Get Marisa drunk.
-[X]Get as many information as you can from her but not too obviously.
[X]Ask Reimu about Mima.
-[X]Discreetly.
[X]Visit Keine tomorrow, there's not enough time left today.
-[X]Start choosing what questions you'll ask her.
-[X]Including "what to do with students crushing on you".
>> No. 48053
[x] As you are leaving, send Marisa ahead and linger a moment to ask Reimu if she knows anything about someone called Mima.

I like this idea. And this story. And especially this update.
>> No. 48054
[x] You need to sleep this over, but there's no point mulling over it right now.
[x] Prepare inquiry to Keine, both regarding adolescent crushes and general inquiries about dealing with unruly but frail students. Considering the mediocrity of the Hogwarts students, you might need some pointers on "soft" teaching methods.
>> No. 48055
[X] You need to sleep this over, but there's no point mulling over it right now.
[X] Prepare inquiry to Keine, both regarding adolescent crushes and general inquiries about dealing with unruly but frail students. Considering the mediocrity of the Hogwarts students, you might need some pointers on "soft" teaching methods.

Don't ask about Mima, anything but that. She's as close to a guaranteed derail as there is and it's an extreme longshot anyway.
As for Marisa in Hogwarts, maybe some time around a whole bunch of people her own age who are all studying magic would do her some good, I imagine she'd be great at quidditch with her skill at flying and incredible reflexes from danmaku (if she ccould be convinced to follow the rules).
I'm afraid she might not deal well with all the rules of school life though.
>> No. 48056
[X]Get everyone drunk, yourself excluded.
-[X] Get as much information as you can from Marisa but, not too obviously.
--[X] Be sure to listen for anything that would be useful in lowering the her theft rate.
[X] Discreetly ask Reimu about Mima.

If there is a chance,
[X] Prepare inquiry to Keine, both regarding adolescent crushes and general inquiries about dealing with unruly but frail students. Considering the mediocrity of the Hogwarts students, you might need some pointers on "soft" teaching methods.
>> No. 48057
[x] Relax. Contemplate. The last few days since accepting that offer have been unusually active.

>>48051
>>48052
>>48054
Why do we need to see Keine really? We don't care about mediocrity and the students can't be as bad as Cirno. If it was a subject unfamiliar to her, perhaps it would have helped. But I see no reason to see Keine here.
>> No. 48058
>>48057
Additional advice never hurt anyone, at best we learn something. At worst it is a bit of time down the drain. An hour or two at most.
>> No. 48059
>>48057
Well, by "inquiry" I was thinking of "write a letter".
>> No. 48060
Patchouli has tutored Flandre i think, her ideas of teaching might be a bit weird?
>> No. 48061
[x]Have a couple drinks, Marisa will probably start knocking them back if she sees you having a few yourself.
[x]Make a note to ask the rabbit how let people down easy when you see her tomorrow.
[x]Relax.
>> No. 48062
Goddamnit it is hard to vote in this thread. All of the options I thought of are already here, and there are a lot of them. I didn't like most of them but...

[x]Make a note to ask the rabbit how let people down easy when you see her tomorrow.
[x]Make a note to ask Reimu about Mima
[x]Relax.
Asking a shrine maiden about a wandering spirit? LOGIC
>> No. 48063
>>48060
There is no way Patchouli should think methods used to teach Flandre apply to human childs. Unless she thinks human childs are like Flandre.
>> No. 48064
>>48063

But does she know anything else about teaching children? I don't know what to expect...
>> No. 48065
>>48063
The plural of child is children.
>> No. 48067
>>48065
So I forgot it. My bad. Not everyone has English as first language, you know? But yeah, stupid mistake on my part.
>> No. 48068
File 131879293949.jpg- (344.93KB , 1000x1073 , 02b12814e69a4d47ab9de09eb2ac439a.jpg ) [iqdb]
48068
You have a drink. Just a small one, but it breaks the ice enough for others that aren't the Oni to start drinking as well. Only lightly, though. It doesn't look like even the spider is going to drink enough to become thoroughly inebriated, when there's still a trip back to the library to make. A shame, as you were curious about what you might learn if you could get Marisa talking.

But there's probably a better time and place for that, you have to admit to yourself. Definitely with Reimu sitting right there and able to step in at any time, if she feels like it. Another time, then, but at the very least the small portion of alcohol is mildly helpful in calming your whirling thoughts.

You'll have to contact Kamishirasawa. She's the only teacher you know of in Gensokyo, though you suppose there may be others, and you could do with a little advice. Both in teaching and in the more sensitive matter of avoiding childish infatuations, if the shrine maiden is correct and that's what this is. The thought occurs to you that Marisa will likely not be the last, and the idea of being adored by any number of juvenile, idiotic young men... it makes you shudder. You'll have to be particularly harsh, you think, in order to nip that bit of misfortune in the bud before it has a chance to bloom into the unpleasant flower you imagine.

After a while, you rise from the water, and dress yourself. You find a moment, however, to speak with Reimu alone before you start down the stairs.

"... I would like to ask you. As you are her friend." You say slowly. "Do you know anything about a 'Mima'?"

Reimu stares for a moment before comprehension sets into her eyes, and she snorts.

"That one? I've met her." She replies. "She set herself up as the 'Evil Goddess' of the shrine for some time. Then she just left, or vanished, one day, and I haven't seen her since. Who knows? Maybe she actually managed to become a god, and then figured out the drawbacks after."

"Faith." You say simply.

"That's right, Belief." Reimu says. "Without enough faith, the god can't function. Can't perform miracles, can't move in the real world. If there is no faith in them, the god can't even exist."

".... The new shrine, on the mountain, is known for its gods." You say slowly. "Yours is known for not having one present."

Reimu shrugs.

"I don't think she's dead, though. If anything, Marisa remembers her enough that even if she was a god, there would be just that little bit of faith in her, just enough to keep her existing." She says, rather than turn to the new topic. "But she'd be in something like a very deep, deep sleep, which she couldn't wake from. And Marisa's faith can't last forever. But then, maybe she isn't a god, and she just left one day for newer amusements. It wouldn't have been that hard for her to slip outside while I let an outsider back out."

"I see... thank you." You say, considering the new information. "It is not hard, then, to become divine in nature?" You continue, curiously.

"Sometimes. For some, easier than others, for some all but impossible." Reimu says. "I could become a god if I wanted, I think. But like I said. Drawbacks. It's usually a one way trip, and I'm happier not having to depend on others to believe that I exist in order to get out of bed in the morning."

"Yes. I suppose that you have a point, there." You admit.

Still, it would be a fascinating study, assuming you could investigate the subject both pre- and post- ascension to divinity. You find that you have a mild interest, now, in speaking to one of the number of gods in Gensokyo. Probably better not to bother the more active ones, on the mountain peak, but they are not the only available options. It's something you'll have to consider.

Not tomorrow, though, just as speaking with Kamishirasawa will likely have to wait until after then. The day is fairly well spoken for, even though you are realizing you have no specific plans for it.

---

And we're after autosage, huh. Well, time to prepare a Korner, I guess.
>> No. 48069
File 131879635754.jpg- (112.03KB , 850x1201 , sample-9b722a290e260eb5c64f68e8a3258100.jpg ) [iqdb]
48069
There doesn't seem to be much to go over that wasn't already handled. Well, there's a couple small things, though.

Wind- Actually, strangely enough, wind and air is more a part of the Metal element. But the Moon embodies 'stillness' and 'quiet', among other things.

Magician Social structures- Magicians are, as a rule, fairly solitary and do not like each other at all. At best, they tolerate each other's presence, if they have no specific reason not to attempt to force the other away from their 'territory', or to try to make the other submit to their will. Marisa doesn't seem to have quite grasped this.

Difficulties at Eientei- It seems like one of Moukou and the Princess' regular murder-each-other sessions got a little out of hand, and a less used wing caught flame. Everything was put on hold while the fire was put out and the building was restored, but this is hardly the first time this is happened, and the inhabitants have become most efficient at it. Production of the medicine was only a little delayed.

Under skirt- Wouldn't you like to know~

But anyway, that's all. Until next time.
>> No. 48070
well looks like Koa is finnaly going to get some action tomorrow.

she's been on a dry spell since Fairy Maid in Gensokyo all the way back on page 8
>> No. 48072
New Thread: >>48071
>> No. 62771
this is a post


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x