[Return]
Archived Thread
File 131739483726.jpg - (663.95KB , 800x690 , eace8b9ebc4913958f864fb33e3331b8.jpg ) [iqdb]
47117 No. 47117
You are Patchouli Knowledge, a physically frail and sickly magician of profound aptitude and power. You live in the Voile Archives of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, though it seems like a temporary relocation is in your near future. You are Friends with Remilia, the vampire who owns the mansion, who considers it entirely too much effort to try to feed off you. Your Magical Potency varies somewhat from day to day, depending on how long of an incantation you can manage before breaking off into a fit of coughs, and how much strain your body can handle in addition to the rigors of illness. You currently have two vials of Medication to offset the worst of the days, however, though it will later exact a toll, and your new Magical Focus eases use of magic to a significant degree. It seems that Luck can play a reasonable part in keeping yourself healthy.

Your magic is based on Elementalism primarily, though you are also skilled in Diabolism and Other Summonings. You tend towards the former over any of the latter, however. You are once more fully fluent in the construction of Golems, though Homunculi remain out of your grasp until you review your tomes again.

In the past few days, you have made a decision on a Coursebook, followed by a long talk with Albus, in which you expressed your distaste for the offered accommodations, and then finally delivered Alistair to his home, where you laid a beneficial enchantment on his garden. You met with Tewi, twice, and it appears she is taking some manner of interest in you. Currently, she is accompanying you about your day, and thus far you have collected a spider and chastised a farmer and rabbit.

Eirin is now standing nearby. She seems annoyed.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47120
[x] Tewi mentioned a Hierarchy. I thought I'd help her enforce it.

Boy, I sure am glad we got that tedious arguing out of the way in the last thread so it won't come up here.
>> No. 47121
[x] Explain. Fight if necessary.
>> No. 47122
[x] Make your delivery.
>> No. 47123
[x] Apologize for a misunderstanding and explain why the scuffle began.
[x] Let the spider out of the cocoon
[x] Present Spider to Eirin
[x] Order Golems to stand down (Last thing we want are those two attacking)

If anything it might be annoyance at the rabbits fighting AGAIN
>> No. 47124
In case some forgot, Yamame is still napping and will be in a quite unpleasant mood should we wake her now.

[x] Explain. Fight if necessary.
>> No. 47125
[x] Apologize for a misunderstanding and explain why the scuffle began.
[x] Let the spider out of the cocoon
[x] Present Spider to Eirin
[x] Order Golems to stand down (Last thing we want are those two attacking)

So yeah, while we want to stay on Tewi's good side, staying on Eirin's good side is more important for now.
>> No. 47126
[x] Explain. Fight if necessary.

As long as we don't make any hostile remarks unprovoked, we should be able to avoid pissing off our dealer, so to speak.
>> No. 47129
[X] Explain. Fight if necessary.

I can live with this. A plain explanation seems in order if not an apology. No need to grovel just to avoid pissing someone off.
>> No. 47131
[x] Make your delivery.

Because convenient lack of common social manners is, well, convenient.
>> No. 47132
[x] Make your delivery.

Here, have a spider.
>> No. 47133
File 131740878081.png- (352.46KB , 850x1003 , sample_f94b1a30328c1931c7519f46fda5472b2d9cd9dc.png ) [iqdb]
47133
"There was apparently some manner of discussion involving the pecking order to ensue. I decided to voice my opinion of the matter." You say dryly, before waving idly at the large lump of earth nearby and idly muttering for your surviving golems to stand down. There are around five remaining, one heavily damaged, and the broken and destroyed husks of the other eight litter the area. "The spider is currently napping, but I have collected it, as agreed."

"... Wait, and Tewi helped?" Reisen says incredulously, before wincing. "I... was sure she was just up to the normal sort of shenanigans today."

You decide not to bother correcting her assumption. Eirin doesn't seem fooled by Tewi's smug grin, however she similarly makes no comment on it.

"Asleep? Well, that's fine." Eirin says, seeming to deliberately let go of her irritation. "I'm busy with something right now anyway: one of the village children managed to have a number of leeches attach themselves without his realization, and he had been drained of his blood to dangerous levels. Fortunately, transfusion is successful thus far, but he was very startled by all the sudden noise outside."

She shakes her head.

"In any case, she'll likely be more comfortable when rested, and so the talk will likely be more successful.. I think you should be at hand for the discussion, however, for various reasons. Perhaps you should come back later this afternoon?"

"I suppose if you insist, I can make the attempt to be available." You hedge. "I do have other things I need to see to, however."

"Yes, of course." Eirin says dismissively, waving you off. "Do enjoy your day, you two. As for you, Udonge, I think I mentioned some herbs I need a full barrel of?"

Reisen groans softly to herself, rising to her feet.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47134
[x] Go Outside and shoplift Yukari's golem ingredients.

A little thievery to round out the day? Locating them might be a bit difficult... I'm sure we'll manage somehow.
>> No. 47135
[x] Construct golem mold for those chocolate golems.
[x] Wonder if Marisa would want to go to Hogwarts as a transfer student.

First, while we have a free moment, we should make the golem molds, either directly or by making a regular golem to base the mold off of.

As for the second suggestion, as silly as it sounds, there's something in it for both sides.
Patchy:This is mostly another layer of defense for the library.Although it admittedly isn't much, it is some, and every little bit helps when you're talking about a thief that can take apart iron golems like they were nothing. Plus, keeping Marisa where we can keep an eye on her is good. For additional security, we can create a checkpoint of sorts around the direct portal to our library.
Marisa: This of course depends on Marisa's motivations in this story, but if her goal were magical knowledge, the idea might intrigue her. After all, a library that she can actually study in and not get chased around?

The main problems with this are both the mindset of Marisa, as mentioned above, and the feasibility of Hogwarts admitting another student so close to the start of term. Still, it's a thought, and could both remove some trouble for us later as well as provide ample opportunities for hilarity.
>> No. 47136
[x] Construct golem mold for those chocolate golems.
>> No. 47137
[x] Design Golem molds for the Yukari Project
[x] See if the heavily damage Golem is repairable. If not worth the effort dismantle.

Patchouli Knowledge degraded to theft? Hardly. We need to know that if Marshmallow Golems even are stable (magically or otherwise) before we go big scale.
>> No. 47139
[X]Procure more ingredients for the golems from outside, perhaps have Alistair point us to where they can be acquired if necessary.

>>47135
As much as I'd enjoy seeing Marisa in this story I can't imagine she'd take too well to all the rules and schedules etc. Not to mention having to keep a low profile with respect to muggles, after all she is nothing if not flashy.
>> No. 47140
>>47135
This isn't a free moment at all. We have a Tewi to entertain!

I do like your Marisa suggestion. Pity that she probably doesn't speak English.

>>47137
Stealing is much easier than getting money out of an Outside bank. I guess we could see if the wizards have the supplies, but we'd have to stop by Gringotts again.

Or we could go to Hogwarts and make a house there. That'd be suitably impressive.
>> No. 47141
[x] Construct golem mold for those SMORE golems.
[x] Acquire additional materials to fill the molds.
>> No. 47143
[x] The deal with Yukari is sadly the most convenient way of solving your housing problem. Hope her plans for them don't include you.
[x] Think about how you'll buy the marshmallows and other stuff. The trip to the Allley did show you the Outside had evolved quite a bit. Do you even know where to buy them or have the currency in use Outside for it?
[x] Design Golem molds for the Yukari Project
[x] See if the heavily damage Golem is repairable. If not worth the effort dismantle.

Lines added because do we even have money for the Outside or know where to buy the stuff needed?

>>47135
Jesus, no. I simply can't see Marisa going to a school and follow the rules. Even if she tried it, I see her blasting out after a week, taking as many books as she can to just teach herself the stuff. Nevermind how overused (and bad) the plot device is.
>> No. 47144
>>47143
Would it be worth the effort to buy books to keep Marisa occupied for a while? After all, money is not an issue for us as we CAN just make more valuable metals/gems/products to sell.
>> No. 47145
[x] Today is Earth day, and you are in incredible health. Time to make a second Hogwarts for housing purposes.

A tad overkill, but we won't be making another castle just to reside for a year anyway. Still, it would be great to impress everyone else with this stunt, specially Albus. That will show them just who the fuck they are dealing with.
>> No. 47146
>>47143
Yes we have and yes we know. Good vote though.


[x] The deal with Yukari is sadly the most convenient way of solving your housing problem. Hope her plans for them don't include you.
[x] Buy the materials.
[x] Design Golem molds for the Yukari Project
[x] See if the heavily damage Golem is repairable. If not worth the effort dismantle.
>> No. 47147
>>47146
Why the yes? Alley trip has shown that it has been quite a good number fo years since Patchouli went Outside and it's also clear she stopped caring about money for a long time now. Yes, we probably know a spell to make whatever appear like money, but that doesn't solve everything.
>> No. 47148
[x] The deal with Yukari is sadly the most convenient way of solving your housing problem. Hope her plans for them don't include you.
[x] Buy the materials.
[x] Design Golem molds for the Yukari Project
[x] See if the heavily damage Golem is repairable. If not worth the effort dismantle.
>> No. 47149
With Tewi's luck we might be able to make a stable golem faster since My gut is telling me these golems are going be like a house of cards

Do we really want to have Ran wanting to be wanting to kill us for a THIRD DAY? Tewi MAY be able to help us actually.

The Mochi might help us. And Tewi's an expert in that field


[x] Ask Tewi if she's ever done something like shaping Mochi into interesting things
>> No. 47150
Yeah, we DO NOT FUCKING WANT TO GIVE RAN ANY MORE REASONS TO WANT OUR HEAD ON A STICK! If we need to go OUTSIDE, we WILL use Reimu's shrine.
>> No. 47151
[x] The deal with Yukari is sadly the most convenient way of solving your housing problem. Hope her plans for them don't include you.
[x] Buy the materials.
[x] Design Golem molds for the Yukari Project.
[x] If you have to leave Gensokyo for whatever reason today, use the Hakurei shrine.
>> No. 47155
File 131742419355.png- (320.12KB , 600x800 , bcd0ecb4d84ef786ba8a4943e52bc6ef.png ) [iqdb]
47155
For now, the most immediate matter on your mind is Yukari's golems, though you take a moment to look closer at the damaged golem. It's collapsed on the ground, missing an arm and most of its legs, but is still functioning. Even so, it would take you significantly more time to craft replacements and graft them into place than it would to create a new one entirely. You disintegrate it, and the shattered remnants of the broken golems, then draw the dust down into the ground to get it out of the way.

You prod at the air, making a portal back to your archive... oh. That fairy is still impaled, there, struggling to get the leverage to pull the sword out of the floor. Resilient of it. Unusual that the stabbing was precise enough to miss anything that would leave her bleeding out, and that she hadn't thought to just slash her wrists on the edge yet. Well, you're sure that things will be dealt with in that regard eventually, one way or another. In any case, you have more important things on your mind.

"These will have to be poured into molds... some might have to be melted down first, hm." you muse, then create a large, hollow stone with a vaguely humanoid empty space inside. A glance in shows it to be suitable, and you turn to the materials with a frown.

"... these things aren't unknown, but they aren't common in Gensokyo either. The shrine maiden on the mountain may have a little of some of them, but not anywhere near the required quantity. Simply depositing the proper amount would, of course, have made things too simple." You math out the volume quickly in your head, and frown. "I'll have to get it from the Outside. I'm not sure another trip so soon after the last won't put Ran out, though."

"Eh, sounds fun. Been a while since I've been past the Barrier." Tewi says. "... I guess I can see where you're coming from about the Ran thing, though. Especially if you've already been bugging her, and it sounds like you have."

"Not by intent." you argue. "Even so... direct travel to the outside would appear less than wise. Which leaves dealing with Yukari herself or the shrine maiden in order to leave."

"Yeah, let's not do that first one." Tewi says. "Dealing with her's annoying at the best of times, last thing you want is to owe her a favor in exchange for a little help in doing something that you're already doing for her."

You frown, but can easily see how Yukari might try to play things that way.

"... Besides." Tewi says, starting to grin. "Reimu, I might be able to con, where it's almost definitely a no-go with the Yakumo."

You consider that for a moment, then rip open a portal and step through. It places you at the bottom of the long set of stairs to the Hakurei Shrine.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47156
[x] Con Raymoo!
[x] Toss some gems in the donation box as you're leaving or if she gets angry.
>> No. 47157
[X] Create pair of gems. Donation will pacify miko enough to not cause troubles... or at least more than usual.
>> No. 47158
[X] You're feeling good today. Create something useful to give as a Bribe Donation.
[X] Keep it short and simple.
>> No. 47159
[X] bribe the shrine maiden

if that fails

[X] con the shrine maiden
>> No. 47161
[x] Con Reimu!

I doubt gems are worth that much in Gensokyo anyway if you can just make them with magic.
>> No. 47162
Being too overt in our actions will likely lead to Reimu becoming suspicious of our actions. Too big a Donation and she'll know something is up. Last thing we want is Reimu to consider us to be up to no good. Well more-so than normal.
>> No. 47163
>>47161
Don't mix high-tiers (and even Cirno really is one) with general population. Yes, Patchouli can create or Yukari can gap them... it still not common at all.
>> No. 47164
>>47162
I dunno, we seem to be in a pretty good position as far as pissing Reimu off goes. We don't actually need her service and we're planning to flee the country in a couple weeks.

I'm not saying we should try to piss her off, just that it isn't the end of the world.
>> No. 47165
>>47163
And who's buying them? Even if few can make them, I doubt there's much of a market for them.
>> No. 47167
[x] Pay/Bribe the shrine maiden, keeping in mind that all of your attempts to create gifts have exceeded the quality you intended.

==>[x]Attempt to con her only if that fails
>> No. 47169
Conning Reimu is probably not a good idea unless we can ensure she will still be distracted when we need to get back. Otherwise we might be having nightmares about inappropriate uses of yin-yang orbs for weeks.

In order:
[x] Simply ask permission of the shrine maiden. Who knows? She might be in a less disagreeable mood than normal.
[x] Bribe or bargain with the shrine maiden.
[x] Try to con or distract her. If Sukia is hanging around, she might be an additional accomplice.
>> No. 47170
In order:
[x] Simply ask permission of the shrine maiden. Who knows? She might be in a less disagreeable mood than normal.
[x] Bribe or bargain with the shrine maiden.
[x] Try to con or distract her. If Sukia is hanging around, she might be an additional accomplice.

This seems reasonable.
>> No. 47171
>>47169
Yeah, that sound like an idea!
[x] What he said.
>> No. 47172
[x] Simply ask permission of the shrine maiden. Who knows? She might be in a less disagreeable mood than normal.
[x] Bribe or bargain with the shrine maiden.
[x] Try to con or distract her. If Sukia is hanging around, she might be an additional accomplice.

>>47155
And now we have a new companion we need too much to get rid of immediately. And this one will probably try to play off at least part of the day as being a date to see what reaction she gets from people.
>> No. 47173
File 131743917666.jpg- (186.51KB , 850x850 , sample-d636ea81597e6674d3a10dce5273e38d.jpg ) [iqdb]
47173
Healthy or not, these stairs are just pushing things, and you have magic for a reason. You fly up at an appropriate incline instead of climbing them, while Tewi moves in short hops of ten or twelve steps at a time.

At this pace it's only minutes before you reach the top, and Reimu is only a short distance away, sweeping. She holds up a hand as you approach.

"I already told her the other day. I'm not letting Remilia go out to conquer Hokkaido." She says flatly, giving you pause.

"... Fortunate that Remilia is not why I am here, then." You reply after a moment. "I wish to travel past the Barrier, but have recently annoyed the Yakumo fox, and would prefer not to focus her ire further by using my normal means of travel again so soon."

"If you were an outsider that had wandered in, or been snatched, or something? Then I'd let you go, no questions asked. But things as they are, I'd like to know what you're up to before I agree to anything." The shrine maiden says carefully.

"Nothing bad, not that it's any of your business." Tewi interjects, apparently following your lead in being straightforward about things. "Maybe we want to try out one of the outside hotels that rent by the half-hour~"

... Or not. You frown in thought, confused as to why a hotel would work in such an odd fashion. Certainly, their customers couldn't be particularly well rested...

"... Somehow, I don't buy that." Reimu says. "Care to try again?"

"I have purchases to make." You say honestly, nudging your previous thought away for the moment. "Things which aren't commonly available here, the nature of which are unimportant."

"Trojans." Tewi faux-whispers towards the shrine maiden, grinning widely.

You frown, perplexed as to why Tewi is implying you are on the hunt for ancient soldiers. That sounds more like something Yukari would be interested in, and knowing her, she'd pluck them directly from ancient Troy.

"Do you mind if I just ignore everything the rabbit says for now?" Reimu asks, pointing vaguely in Tewi's direction.

"I'm sure you would no matter my opinion on the matter." You respond, and she nods.

"Anyway, if you're just out shopping, it should be fine. Make it worth my time, though."

You frown at the casual and blatant demand for a bribe, but take a moment to think, then turn aside. With a wave of your hand and a few muttered incantations, a sapling slowly pokes out of the ground, rapidly growing until it becomes a small, young apple tree. The shrine maiden inspects it, then plucks a low-hanging fruit and bites into it with a crunch, thoughtfully.

".... Yeah, okay. That'll do. I'll have to make Suika move it out of the way somewhere later, though, it doesn't exactly fit the theme of things." She decides, and the air seems to shimmer for a moment. "Go ahead and head back down the stairs. You'll be Outside when you reach the bottom."

"Of course." You say, nodding. "Good day to you, Shrine Maiden."

"Yeah, yeah. Get lost already, you have no more business here until you want to get back in." She says shortly, returning to her sweeping without a second thought.

The trip down goes much the same as the trip up did, though the surroundings seem... emptier, more deserted somehow. You realize, once you reach the bottom, that it's because you are no longer receiving the curious gazes of fairies, or the occasional idle youkai. You are outside then. You suppose you should take a moment to decide on the first order of business.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47174
[x] No doubt your or Tewi's appearance will attract stares. You have no desire to be stared at for the entire duration of your stay Outside. Do something about it.
[x] Try to find a shop that would sell what you need.
>> No. 47175
>>47173
Called it. Though I wasn't quite expecting Tewi to claim we were going to pick up some condoms and go to a love motel. Let's hope Aya wasn't listening to that.

[x]Orient yourself
[x] No doubt your or Tewi's appearance will attract stares. You have no desire to be stared at for the entire duration of your stay Outside. Do something about it.
[x]Get money to buy ingredients with. The local magical bank should be able to give us the right kind of cash.

First order of business: acquire disguises and money. If we let Tewi suggest a store, Patchy will probably find out what a Trojan is and be forced to ponder why Tewi would imply she needs some.
>> No. 47176
>>47175
I would like to point out that Patchouli doesn't know the area and has no idea if there's a magical area around, much less a bank if said area exists.
>> No. 47177
>>47176

That may be true around wherever Gensoukyou is, but since we're outside the barrier, we can rip a whole through the fabric of space-time and go to Britain should we choose to do so.

Anyway,

[x] No doubt your or Tewi's appearance will attract stares. You have no desire to be stared at for the entire duration of your stay Outside. Do something about it.
>> No. 47179
>>47177
...That is true, but that's one hell of a detour. Still, Tewi is with us and if someone sense that her ears aren't fake, this could get problematic. Yukari will not be happy if we attract too much attention. I think. Who know what she's thinking.

Makes me wonder if we should talk with Yukari about Dumbledore's curiosity. He isn't doing much, but he IS trying to know where Patchouli is from.
>> No. 47180
[x]Orient yourself
[x] No doubt your or Tewi's appearance will attract stares. You have no desire to be stared at for the entire duration of your stay Outside. Do something about it.
[x]Get money to buy ingredients with. The local magical bank should be able to give us the right kind of cash.
[x]At said bank also get an outside opinion of our headmaster/employer. What else might he have neglected to mention?
>> No. 47181
File 131744596274.jpg- (315.34KB , 1139x1800 , clearly not unusual.jpg ) [iqdb]
47181
You suddenly realize something, as you glance around.

"... Is my clothing... unusual, for the outside?" You ask, after a moment. Certainly, nobody had batted an eye before, but then the magical community of britain seemed an odd bunch, when it came to fashion.

"Yeah, a bit." Tewi answered.

"Your ears would also be considered-"

"That, I have covered~" Tewi said, pulling an odd hat out from somewhere. She carefully tucked her ears into it, before pulling it down further. "Beanie. It's neat, just looks like I have a bunch of hair in there. Anyway, guess you're gonna want new clothes? You could make diamond rings or something and pawn them, but I think I have it covered."

She pats herself down, then produces a couple of heavily crinkled and dirty thousand yen bills with a grin.

"These should be good, unless they've gone and completely changed system of legal tender on me in the past few years." She says.

"I don't think that those will purchase much." You say dubiously.

"Sure won't." Tewi agrees cheerily. "But just drop us next to a small gambling hall, watch me work my magic~"

You realize with a start that you had forgotten the rabbit's ability for a moment, opening a portal almost on autopilot.

What happens next is actually fairly impressive to watch, even knowing that Tewi is flagrantly cheating in a manner that none of the humans will ever catch on to.

She starts at the slot machines, after exchanging her bills for tokens, and makes a production of it. She theatrically loses token after token before she takes it seriously and rakes in a win. Not the highest, though after a moment you realize this is calculated. The largest jackpot is the rarest, and people will take note whenever it is won. The third-largest winning or so, however, is impressive but not nearly so unusual and rare. She continues on, raking in a few more wins to build up her stock of tokens before she moves away from the machine.

She then exchanges the tokens for black and red chips, and you follow her to the rear of the building, where the real money is to be found, at the card tables.

It's a heated series of hands, gradually increasing in tension as Tewi bluffs and bets, and chips move into and out of the center of the table. She wins some hands, but of course she loses others, and the game continues for the better part of an hour. Then she shoves all of her chips into the center, and you know in advance that this will be the big haul. The other competitors hem and haw, muttering under their breaths softly, but after a few moments most of them fold, not confident in their hands. The lone remaining player, aside from Tewi chews on his cigar for a minute, thinking. Then he calls her bluff, shoving his own pile of chips into the pot.

Though you knew the outcome well in advance, it's still a slight thrill when the hands are revealed and it's shown that his three matching kings are beaten by Tewi's four queens. His brow furrows, but only for a moment, and then he reaches across the table to jovially shake Tewi's hand.

"An excellent game, young miss." He says casually. "You've won quite a large sum of money. Don't spend it all in one place, though."

"Nyehehe, no worries there, big guy." Tewi chuckles.

"Shame your friend there didn't make any wagers." He says, waving a hand in your direction.

"What, her? Nah, she's not into this sort of thing. But she's fun in her own way~"

"I'm sure." The old man chuckles as he waves you off and rises. "In any case, I have to make a call for my associates to bring a little more money, if I intend to recoup my losses. If you'll excuse me?"

"No problem, we were just about ready to leave, I think." Tewi says, collecting her chips.

"To be sure, to be sure." The man says, tugging out a small... you assume it is a telephone, from his pocket. My, they have come a long way since you last saw one.

Tewi exchanges her chips for a good bit of currency, bills with very large denominations on them, and then tugs you aside, once you're both outside.

"... So, yeah, that guy's Yakuza." She says, in a casual tone. "The sleazy sort, mind you, I've known some perfectly reasonably Yak's. This guy is a really sore loser, though, from what I'm hearing him order on that phone. Probably best we duck down that next alley and don't come out the other end, because it's not like he can pull it off, but it would be all kinds of annoying to have to prove that to him."

"Of course." You say, slightly startled. He had seemed like a pleasant gentleman. "Do you have anywhere in mind?"

"You wanted clothes, right? Yeah, I think I can think of a place." Tewi says with a grin.

It's not long after that that you and Tewi have both changed outfits, and are outside of the shop you purchased them in, as Tewi carries a paper sack with your old clothes neatly folded inside, still wearing her 'beanie' hat. You were initially suspicious of Tewi's recommendations, of course, but at both her assurances and those of the store salespeople and clientele, you relented. And indeed, walking around this Akihabara, you don't seem to draw any unusual attention at all, or to particularly stand out in the crowd.

[ ] What do you do.
>> No. 47182
[X] Go see about acquiring a large quantity of the necessary ingredients.

Judging by the size of the molds, this would probably be enough to fill, say... er...

So, to sum up, we're going to be wandering around Akiharaba, dressed in Tewi-knows-what (why do I suspect it involves fishnets and/or black leather?), asking where we can get several bathtubs' worth of chocolate pudding, right?

Goddammit, Yukari. I hope you enjoy the show.

(On a hopefully unrelated note, as a reader I'm interested in what the Japanese equivalent of Britain's wizard society would be like, even if Patchy might not care.)
>> No. 47183
Just to clarify: check the image, mentally add a beanie to Tewi. This is what is currently being worn, more or less.
>> No. 47184
[X] Go see about acquiring a large quantity of the necessary ingredients.

Okay, at this point I think Tewi is going to convince a lot of people she and Patchy are doing "this and that". Let's hope it doesn't get back to Hogwarts and/or Gensokyo. Even if most people would think Tewi is messing with Patchy, rabbits are known for breeding like rabbits.
>> No. 47185
[X] Go see about acquiring a large quantity of the necessary ingredients.

I don't doubt Tewi can come up with sufficient distractions, nor do I mind.
>> No. 47186
[X] Go see about acquiring a large quantity of the necessary ingredients.
>> No. 47187
A cosplay outfit...of course Tewi would get us a cosplay outfit. A well, may as well have fun with it if we can.

[X] Go see about acquiring a large quantity of the necessary ingredients.
-[X] Try to find a library at some point if you have the time and purchase the most recent encyclopedia you can find. Having some inkling of what has been happening in the outside world lately may be good idea if we're going to be in it a lot.
>> No. 47188
>>47187

Before someone else gets to you in a much more rude way, drop the name and email unless you plan to write. Drop the email either way because someone will doubtlessly be mean spirited enough to send you an unrelenting tide of spam.

Anyway, vote time.

[x] Go see about acquiring a large quantity of the necessary ingredients.
>> No. 47189
>>47182
>Japanese wizard society
Shrine maidens and priests and monks. probably. Nasty bunch.

Patchy's going to look like quite the deviant, buying this stuff in that outfit.
>> No. 47190
[X] Go see about acquiring a large quantity of the necessary ingredients.
>> No. 47191
...I just realized something.

[X] Go see about acquiring a large quantity of the necessary ingredients.
-[X] Think of a way to carry home everything you went out to get that won't look strange to lookers. Using a portal to drop everything home would destroy the whole point of going out by the shrine.
>> No. 47192
>>47191
As long as it won't get in the way of meeting Eirin and Yamame, sure.

[x] That, but if it starts getting late, shove everything in a portal and call it a day.
>> No. 47193
[x] Get some of that money changed to American Dollars, the only place we can get adequate chocolate is Hershey, Pennsylvania.
>> No. 47194
[X] Go see about acquiring a large quantity of the necessary ingredients.
[x]It sounds like Tewi's been out and about much more recently that you have, it wouldn't hurt to talk for a bit on how the outside has changed while you go about your task.
>> No. 47195
>>47193
... Yukari hasn't been that irritating, has she?
>> No. 47196
>>47195

If I was Yukari being given Hershey chocolate, I'd make Patchy's life absolute hell.
>> No. 47197
You fools! Belgian chocolate is the best chocolate there is! Well, Belgian and Swiss.

Of course, wasting Belgian/Swiss chocolate on this... why, that's extra heretical!
>> No. 47198
File 131750166593.jpg- (59.15KB , 850x913 , sample-f4c937a563b4ae72613151daa1e1ea8b.jpg ) [iqdb]
47198
"Chocolate pudding. Marshmallows. Caramel. Whipped cream. Lime, strawberry, pineapple, and grape flavored gelatin." You muse aloud. "Where would I find these things, I wonder?"

"Grocery would be a safe bet, if they don't have some of all of that they should have some of most." Tewi replies. "But with the kind of numbers it looks like you'll be needing, you'd have to hit up just about every place around to get enough, and might not have enough by the end of it. Might be better to go find a cold-storage warehouse and... arrange with a manager there for a few crates to get 'lost in transit'."

"This is a common occurrence?" You ask.

"I dunno. I usually deal with Yaks. Like I said, I've known some perfectly reasonable ones." Tewi said. "I guess there's places you can legitimately buy in bulk, too."

She thought for a minute before continuing.

"If you were asking me, I'd say... go with the Yakuza." She says aloud. "Not exactly the most strictly law-abiding sort, but I know some people. Can't exactly not, living as long as I have. But it works out about the same as crates getting lost, except you're not dealing with the manager-type directly, but through intermediaries. Means you can get what you want for less money, as long as you have an 'understanding'. Little favor like this, eh... they might ask for some little favor later. Might not be entirely on the up and up, but there's nothing illegal about candy stuff, so it's not like they'll have you smuggling weapons or try to strongarm you into entertaining at a rip-off bar in turn. Well, not the guys I know, anyway. Plenty of slimeball yaks that would try anyway, even having nothing to force the issue."

"I see." You say, not unfamiliar with that means of doing business. Then you shake your head. "Forgive me, I am... unfamiliar with how the world as a whole works. The last time I left the Barrier for the outside, the most notable telephones were rotaries. I can only imagine that society has shifted somewhat. In any case, regarding transportation-"

"Yeah, you're thinking of that not-sticking-out thing. Wouldn't worry too much about that, to be honest, but hm... Well, assuming you can't just chuck it through a hole to your place, you could hire or buy a truck or something. Heh, chat with some people, and I might be able to work that out too." Tewi pauses to think a moment. "Or you do golems, right? Make them look like stone people, but flaky on the outside, then throw wood oni masks on to hide that they don't blink or change expression, people will assume it's a painted on costume, and you can just have them haul everything around. Have to be bald, though, can't imagine you can pull off statue hair convincingly enough."

"And nobody will notice a troupe of... 'men in costume'?" You say, dubiously.

"Oh, they'll notice all right." Tewi corrects. "But they'll ignore it. If they don't pick the truth out right at the first glance, then they'll assume we're going to some crazy party, and the worst will be the occasional ultra-fat, sweaty guy with a camera, trying to follow along in the hopes of videotaping some chocolate-pit wrestling. If they do, they'll probably still ignore you once they figure out that you aren't affiliated with any of the little magic clans around. Actually, now I think about it, the Yaks could probably get us stuff for free if you're willing to do little charms and stuff for them, or something." Tewi finishes thoughtfully. "Lots of their higher ups are in the know about that sort of thing, but just outright buying stuff from the real-deals outside gets expensive fast."

"You seem to know a great deal about organized crime families." You muse aloud.

"Like I said, connections. I've been all over, got strings here and there, and they're the kind of human I get along best." She says. "... Well, mostly. So long as they aren't scum, anyway, and aren't the sort to break deals on you or anything."

"I see." You reply, considering. You feel a little lost, though. The urge hits you to go and purchase a book of recent history, or encyclopedia, and read up on how things work now, but you know full well that that will both take up much of the day and not at all give you any sense of the culture or social interaction which will likely be required.

You have no personal issue with ignoring little things like 'laws', if it's required in the pursuit of your goals, and Tewi seems perfectly convinced both that speaking with her contacts is the best bet, and that they're trustworthy. Still, it probably wouldn't do to just dismiss other options out of hand. You take a moment to think.

[ ] Go with-
- [ ] Tewi's connections.
- [ ] Find a warehouse.
- [ ] Maybe there's a bulk-outlet somewhere?
- [ ] Go the slow route. If you have to clean out every grocery in town, that's fine.

[ ] Transport plans-
- [ ] Truck. You don't know how to operate them, but maybe Tewi does.
- [ ] MASS MASKED GOLEMS.

[ ] If you can think of something else, that's fine too. Don't be too vague, though.
>> No. 47199
[x] Go with-
- [x] Tewi's connections.
[x] Transport plans-
- [x] Truck. You don't know how to operate them, but maybe Tewi does.

Dealing with Yakuza and Tewi possibly driving a truck. Yes please!
>> No. 47200
[x] Go with-
- [x] Tewi's connections.
[x] Transport plans-
- [x] Truck. You don't know how to operate them, but maybe Tewi does.

Tewi didn't do us wrong so far and if she believes it's best, then who are we to argue?

And Tewi driving, hell yes.
>> No. 47201
[ ] Go with-
- [ ] Maybe there's a bulk-outlet somewhere?

[ ] Transport plans-
- [ ] Truck. You don't know how to operate them, but maybe Tewi does.
>> No. 47202
[x] Go with-
- [x] Tewi's connections.
[x] Transport plans-
- [x] Truck. You don't know how to operate them, but maybe Tewi does.
>> No. 47203
[x] Go with-
- [x] Tewi's connections.
[x] Transport plans-
- [x] Truck. You don't know how to operate them, but maybe Tewi does.
>> No. 47204
File 131751592170.jpg- (916.45KB , 1389x892 , 1317464727569.jpg ) [iqdb]
47204
"We'll do this your way, then." You decide. "No golems, for now."

"Neat. It's been a while since I drove." Tewi says. "Follow me, should be this way, unless they changed meeting places. Doubt it, though."

You follow her through the teeming mass of humanity, lights flashing in every direction and automobiles traveling loudly down the roads. In time, you arrive at an out of the way alley, walls surrounding it plastered with flyers. She leads you down it, and there are a couple odd turn offs, leading through a network of quieter back streets and passages, before she comes to a stop in front of a heavy metal door. She kicks it, gently, but with enough force to dent and set it rattling. After a moment a grate towards the top slides open, and suspicious eyes peer out.

"Hell y' want?"

"Open the door, will ya?" Tewi calls back in, and the doorman stares down at her for a long moment before clicking his teeth.

Then he slides the grate shut, and the door creaks as he heaves it open.

"Last I saw you was... what, five damn years ago? Crashed here for a week, then vanished and nobody heard a word about you since." The man grumbled, suit straining to contain his muscular bulk.

"What, you missed me, Gin?" Tewi said slyly. "Soorry~ Hey, does uh... does little Hideo still have that crush I heard about?" She continued, suddenly looking slightly worried.

"What, that why you left? Nah, he moped for a bit, then got a woman he could get somewhere with." Gin responded, closing the door behind you. "He's the boss now, and has a second kid on the way."

"What, little Hideo in charge? Something happen to Goro?" Tewi said, seeming honestly surprised.

"Deal got broken. Guy tried to pay his debts with a briefcase full of bomb." Gin said, disgust clear in his tone. "We had to make an example of the little prick, show him he wasn't anywhere near as clever as he thought. But we lost Goro, Akihiro, and Kouta to it. Yasushi pulled through, but he lost an arm."

"Geeze... I liked those guys." Tewi said.

"Yeah, that much was always obvious." Gin said dryly. "Back to my question?"

"Nah, nah. His crush had nothing to do with anything." Tewi denies. "I was planning on heading off anyway, just didn't feel like shooting him down before I went."

"Helloo, there~" A voice comes from a side room as you pass, and suddenly a thin fellow with gelled, dyed spikes is leaning into your side, hand on your back. You aren't sure how to respond without immediately setting him on fire, which you are reasonably sure wouldn't be an appropriate course of action. You reconsider, however, as his hand begins to slide down. "Nice to see a new face. You wanna go... I dunno, grab dinner or-"

"Hands off, Toru." Tewi calls, her irritation clear. "Or I'll take them off you."

The man blinks, then carefully pulls away, keeping his hands in sight as he leans against the wall.

"What, this your squeeze, or something?" He says, eyebrows arched. "Didn't know you ever had something against sha-"

"None of your business, bro." Tewi interrupts. "Just keep your hands to yourself here, 'kay?"

"Sure, sure, you got dibs, I get it." He says, shaking his head. "No chance that-"

"Nope." She replies, before he's even finished the question. "Find a call girl or something, Toru. Not like they're in short supply, you run a business, last I remember."

"Two now. We expanded." He says smugly. "Gets boring with all the same girls all the time though."

"Yeah, but how many guys can call three girls up at once, huh?" She says. "Get some perspective here, kid."

"Yeah, yeah." He says, shrugging as he swaggers off.

Tewi snickers as she leaves.

"Man, that kid... and they say we have reputations for libido, but Toru's randier than any rabbit I've ever met~"

"Boss is already alerted that you're here." Gin says simply, coming to a stop next to a nondescript door. "Go right in."

You do so, allowing Tewi to take the lead. The office is quite pleasant, one wall decorated with a large painting of a white rabbit kicking a fox to death, and the other set with an aquarium, hundreds of colorful little fish floating about within. You see file cabinets off to the side, and a small table with a sword set on it carefully, blade having broken into a number of pieces. It would be almost completely irreparable by normal means, you decide, and terribly expensive in any case. There is a coffee maker sitting on a small stand near the main desk, and a suited man, you estimate to be approximately in his mid-twenties, with a neatly trimmed beard lining his jaw, sets down a mug as you enter. He seems to bear no interest in you whatsoever, his gaze locked intensely on Tewi.

"Well. The white rabbit herself returns. I had reports that there was noise being made about someone fitting your description... but that was well away from here, in Shinichi's territory. Seems like the scumball didn't recognize your description. But what brings you to your old stomping grounds?"

"Looking to get ahold of some stuff, and a truck, for something." Tewi says. "Hey, what was it again?"

You recite the substances and quantities required by memory, and Hideo arches an eyebrow.

"... Going to make a home movie?" He says, interested. "There are markets that will pay top dollar for such productions."

"Nah, it's nothing like what you're thinking." Tewi denies. "... well probably. Who knows what that person's going to do with the end result."

"Hmph. Either way, thank you: I had been wondering what I was going to do for Saburo's birthday next month. I believe I may have the beginning of an idea in that regard, now. In any case, it can be arranged, but not without cost."

He picks up the mug and waves it for a moment before taking a sip and continuing.

"There's a delivery to be made. One of Toru's high-dollar ladies heard a little pillow-talk that her customer very much regrets spilling, and he's been making noise about having the problem... dealt with. We don't throw our own to the wolves, though, and we've arranged a safe house in Nakano. The only issue is getting her there, without being intercepted, and ensuring her safety for a few days until the man can be... convinced to drop the matter. There is a nondescript van on-site, however, and she is ready to leave at any time. Subbing in as the driver would be a start." He says.

He pauses and takes another swig of his coffee.

"Of course, perhaps you can think of some other means of barter? I'm sure there's any number of things."

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47205
Watch this all be an elaborate plot by Tewi to sell us off to pay debts to the yakuza. She's been doing this for years. Where do you think all the PC98 characters went?
>> No. 47206
Hm. Asking about the broken sword and repairing it would be an alternate track here. But be careful with out right enchantments and spells -- seeing the limits of Patchy's power here may make them greedy and set them down the 'give us enchantments' route which I don't think is them extending themselves enough for us to do that.
>> No. 47207
[x] Ask if the woman is ...aware, so to speak. You have much better and secure ways than a van, but you doubt he wants her to panic or start screaming to everyone within earshot about magic.
[x] Think of your spell repertoire. Ensuring safety for days might be too long for you, but maybe you have a convenient spell for this matter?
[x] Ask about the sword.
>> No. 47208
[x] You'd rather not run his errands. Subtly ask Tewi if this guy knows about magic. If so, surely he can think of a better use for your services?

Tewi knows these guys. I'm sure she'll step in if they try to demand too much.
>> No. 47209
[x] Ask if the woman is ...aware, so to speak. You have much better and secure ways than a van, but you doubt he wants her to panic or start screaming to everyone within earshot about magic.
[x] Think of your spell repertoire. Ensuring safety for days might be too long for you, but maybe you have a convenient spell for this matter?
[x] Ask about the sword.
>> No. 47210
>>47208
If they're aware about Tewi, what do you think? No need to show off, but we can always pay what's left depending on how much we do with gems, if he's interested.
>> No. 47211
>>47210
We should totally show off. Turn that broken sword into a minor artifact, maybe. It's not like we're ever going to meet any of these guys again. probably
>> No. 47212
This sounds like too much of a hassle. Can't we just pay in diamonds or something?
>> No. 47213
[x] Ask if the woman is ...aware, so to speak. You have much better and secure ways than a van, but you doubt he wants her to panic or start screaming to everyone within earshot about magic.
[x] Think of your spell repertoire. Ensuring safety for days might be too long for you, but maybe you have a convenient spell for this matter?
[x] Ask about the sword.
>> No. 47214
[X] Find out how long it will take to get the ingredients.
[X] Inquire about the sword. If it is his (and not a trophy), offer to repair it as payment.
[X] Simply transporting her is at most a minor inconvenience for you. But babysitting for several days...

If he doesn't go for the sword and it will take about that long to get the ingredients anyway...

[X] Offer to keep her safe from the angry client for a few days, location unspecified.

If she is interesting, we can keep her around, either at the safe house or on any other errands we might want to run. If she is boring, we can drop her off at Alistair's for the duration (if the client can find her there, her well-being is the least of Toru's worries). If she is annoying, today is a good day for creating an oubliette -- as long as we remember to occasionally feed and water her.

Worst comes to worst, we make some golem guards and just freeload in the safe-house for a few days. And her reaction to magic only really matters if we initially transport her to a public area. Why would we do that?

[X] If you are going to be Outside for a while, you have a deplorable lack of books to read on your person. Remedy this at the first opportunity.
>> No. 47215
>>47214
In case it didn't cross your mind, she'll remember what happened after this and while not many would believe her, you think the yaks want someone being smart and piece together uncomfortable information to use it against them?
>> No. 47216
[x] Ask if the woman is ...aware, so to speak. You have much better and secure ways than a van, but you doubt he wants her to panic or start screaming to everyone within earshot about magic.
[x] Think of your spell repertoire. Ensuring safety for days might be too long for you, but maybe you have a convenient spell for this matter?
[x] Ask about the sword.

So now the Yakuza think Tewi is sleeping with Patchy. Let's see how many groups can be convinced of the same.
>> No. 47217
File 131752507236.jpg- (70.52KB , 448x473 , 12937294427.jpg ) [iqdb]
47217
>>47212
>> No. 47218
It's a pity we missed metal day, sounds like that's the perfect day to repair a sword.

And I'm surprised that there isn't a spell to create pudding. Our alchemy can create precious metals and gems, after all. Chalk it up to pudding being more complex than pure gold.

[x] Ask if the woman is ...aware, so to speak. You have much better and secure ways than a van, but you doubt he wants her to panic or start screaming to everyone within earshot about magic.
[x] Think of your spell repertoire. Ensuring safety for days might be too long for you, but maybe you have a convenient spell for this matter?
[x] Ask about the sword.
>> No. 47219
File 131752756932.jpg- (283.75KB , 1197x1566 , GinToruandHideoMinusBeardmaybe.jpg ) [iqdb]
47219
It's quite clear to you that this man is perfectly aware of the supernatural, if his lack of surprise at how Tewi is as youthful as he recalls, and his implications of knowledge of her nature are any indication. You step forward to the bartering table.

"If I may say." You speak, and Tewi waves you in as the man's attention turns. "Provided that she can be trusted not to speak of them. There are ways both more swift and more secure than vehicles, to transport things."

He seems to grasp your implication immediately, and his eyes flick for the briefest moment to the shattered blade before they settle upon you once more.

"Well, that is interesting." He says, seriously. "And as it happens... she is not aware of certain things. I do, however, consider her trustworthy. If you can facilitate a more direct form of travel from here to Nakano, then that would be another option. However... if I understand correctly, then there is another matter I would speak with you regarding."

"That blade." You state seriously.

"... Indeed. It was a cherished possession of my father, Goro, and has been in the family for... centuries, at least. Records are unclear. He would have it with him at all times, no matter the situation. It did not survive the explosion in any better condition than he did." Hideo says bitterly, then shakes his head. "If you could repair it... it would be a matter entirely aside from our current negotiations. I would consider it a direct, personal favor, rather than a more simple matter of a business exchange."

You 'hm' to yourself.

"... In any case, I can craft a door directly to your safehouse from this room." You say. "In addition, I can place some additional protections, though I am unwilling to personally remain until her ultimate safety is perfectly assured, as I have numerous other matters to attend to."

"I would not have asked that in any case, Lady Sorceror, as a protection detail is already in place. Additional protections would not go amiss, however, were you offering."

"I see. In any case, provided you are willing to entertain the thought of allowing me to place her in a location I will not specify in advance, where she will be safe and well taken care of, and there will not have been the slightest hint of anyone preparing to occupy the area unexpectedly, then matters become rather more... flexible." You continue.

"Hm... you are offering to keep her wherever your arcane laboratory is located, then?" Hideo says dubiously.

"That is one possibility." You say, neither confirming nor denying the possibility, though you will not be simply placing her in the Archive from here regardless. Most especially alone, and without warning regarding Koakuma or Remi.

Hideo turns a questioning look to Tewi.

"She's legit." The rabbit says. "Going a bit further out of her way than I'd expect, if she's going to take her there and not somewhere else, but she can do it."

"I see." Hideo says, with interest. "In any case, we can have your shipment ready inside an hour, my men are very efficient. In the meantime, either transport and additional protections, or transport to an unknown, secure location will more than equalize the debt. In the case of the second, we will deliver a dummy package to the safe house, to throw off any watchers, as I fully expect an intercept to be attempted, and you will be provided with cell phones, which we will use to contact you when we are ready to have her returned."

"Won't have trouble getting a signal, I understand the frog shrine bitched at the Yakumo until she arranged to let their internet work." Tewi says calmly, clearly uncaring that Hideo doesn't understand who she's referring to. "You don't live on the mountain, though, so you might have a little trouble keeping it charged, since you can't just plug it into the wall. There's probably something you can work out there, though... and if it's just a few days, that probably won't be enough time for the battery to die anyway, if you aren't using it for anything."

You nod, already thinking. You could leave her with Alistair, assuming the sun has risen, or if you plan to construct anything at Hogwarts that would be an ideal place, and you need only make arrangements to keep her fed... or you could likely get by by simply disguising a couple of golems as ornate statues, and instruct them to remain still unless acting in the woman's defense. The sword is a different matter, and you could fix it effortlessly, and even improve it. You don't know many enchantments off the top of your head. Summoning, however, is a surprisingly versatile field.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47222
did you mean to say enchanting is a surprisingly versatile field? Or am I misunderstanding the last few paragraphs?
>> No. 47223
>>47222

No.

Patchouli doesn't recall much in the way of enchanting things off the top of her head.

She can, however, mimic stuff to a degree by summoning 'something' into a 'vessel'. A sword would work, on the second part. And Patchy is good and fluent with Summoning.
>> No. 47225
if patchy plans on doing more than repairing the blade she should ask first. don't wanna piss off the guy for no reason
>> No. 47226
[x] Fix the sword.
-[x] Improve its durability, if possible.

>versatile summoning
I want to bind a demon to their priceless heirloom SO BAD.
>> No. 47228
[x]Transport and additional protections it is.
[x]Repair the blade. It does seem important to him
-[x]Improve it a bit. Explain a bit what you can do and what he would want on it.

Okay guys: Why the hell should we go so out of our way for an unknown girl? He's not asking us to ensure she remains alive. His guys will take care of it. Transport to safehouse and improve defenses is more than enough and we won't need to be troubled by it again.
>> No. 47229
[x]Transport and additional protections it is.
[x]Repair the blade. It does seem important to him
>> No. 47230
Abstaining on the protection matter

[x]Fix the sword, but stick to a minor enhancement. A bit lighter, sharper, ect. With the way your magic has been acting since acquiring the wand he'll probably be able to cleave tanks in half with it even with just that. Going for something big would probably overcharge it to the point where a test swing would level the building you're in.
>> No. 47231
[x]Transport and additional protections it is.
[x]Repair the blade. It does seem important to him
>> No. 47232
[x]Transport and additional protections it is.
[x]Repair the blade. It does seem important to him

Let's not give him a ship cleaving sword, though. That would probably aggravate Reimu when she hears about the fallout from Yukari. "I said NO CONQUERING!"
>> No. 47233
[x]Transport and additional protections it is.
[x]Repair the blade. It does seem important to him

Let's not give him a ship cleaving sword, though. That would probably aggravate Reimu when she hears about the fallout from Yukari. "I said NO CONQUERING!"
>> No. 47234
>>47233
I hate when the board throws an error when I post and then pushes both posts through after I try again. Ctrl+F5 doesn't warn me about it, either.
>> No. 47235
[X] summon two random creatures
-[X] bind the first one that shows up to the pommel
-[X] bind the second one that shows up to the blade

Who's up for a game of summoning wheel of fortune?

when you're as powerful as Patchy, sometimes you just do things for the lulz.
>> No. 47236
[x] Transport and additional protections it is.
[x] Repair the blade. It does seem important to him.

The sword will probably get upgraded a bit anyway just as a side effect of fixing it.
>> No. 47237
[x]Transport and additional protections it is.
[x]Repair the blade. It does seem important to him
>> No. 47241
[x]Transport and additional protections it is.
[x]Repair the blade. It does seem important to him
>> No. 47243
>>47235
BAD IDEA

[x] Simply fix the blade in exchange for his services.

Also Kanako wanted her Facebook I guess. Or Youtube because videos of cats!
>> No. 47244
[x] Koakuma has been getting uppity, bind a copy of her to the hilt and something else to the blade.
>> No. 47245
>>47244
That's be stupid.

Koakuma being "uppity" is that she's finally had a chance to deal with a male for the first time in god knows when and that bird was a bit of a prick.

Doing shit like that RAISES our Profile.

We want to keep as LOW a PROFILE as possible.
>> No. 47246
[x] Transport and additional protections it is.
[x] Repair the blade. It does seem important to him.
-[x] Enchant it a bit. If possible, make it warn his master from betrayals.
Awfully useful for a Yak. And totally useless if He's the one doing the betrayal.
>> No. 47251
File 131757900524.jpg- (1.02MB , 918x1200 , mitsuru.jpg ) [iqdb]
47251
You wordlessly open a portal, and Hideo calls in Gin in response. The man stares dubiously at the hole in reality.

"Step through that and come back, then tell me what's on the other side, would you?" Hideo asks pleasantly, with all the force of an outright order behind it.

Gin's reluctance is clear, but what he says is "Sure, boss.", and he steps confidently through. After a few minutes, he comes back, mild befuddlement writ all over his face.

"It's the Nakano safe house, boss." He reports. "The boys over there didn't notice this thing right away, but when I stepped through I nearly got a face-ful of fist."

"Good." Hideo replies, digging out a cell phone. "Bring Mitsuru up."

Gin nods and steps out, and in the meantime Hideo begins making orders into his cell phone. There's a few moments of back and forth instruction, before he dismisses the party on the other end of things and shuts the phone, sliding it back away.

The door opens, and the woman in question almost glides through, long black hair drawn back in a simple tail, coupling interestingly with her traditional looking garb. She arches her eyebrow at the portal, but seems more considering than startled. This was unexpected for her, but clearly not worrisome, yet.

You wave a hand, and a wingless dragon crafted of stone coalesces into being, defying physical laws by floating gently in place as it awaits orders. The Yakuza seem impressed, though the woman only raises a second eyebrow to match her first, suddenly looking upon you with interest where she had before dismissed you.

"Your purpose: it is her defense." You instruct calmly. "To those who mean her harm, strike without mercy. Else find a place near and remain still and quiet, make no movement or sound."

The dragon's claws flex and its sinuous body writhes in the air, even as its maw gapes open to reveal rows of gleaming, jagged teeth.

"Keep in mind, it is not particularly intelligent." You warn. "Perhaps on the same level as a particularly clever dog, at best. However, it will be unexpected, and will not die easily, should things come to that."

"How long will it remain?" Hideo asks. "A week? Two?"

"Indefinitely, so long as its body is not destroyed." You correct, and the man leans back into his chair to muse upon that.

"The value of such a guardian is... impressive." He says, after a moment. "It would require a significant sum to hire such a beast from one of the local Talented for even a day."

"Money means little to me." You reply. "I am not a businesswoman, who's motivation would be to interest you in my services, and then arrange that they be naturally limited and flawed, so as to force customers to return indefinitely, for replacements or repairs. Nor am I so weak as to be unable to push past limits of permanence. This is no illusion given temporary physical form: it is stone as real as if it had been hewn from a mountainside."

"Indeed, Lady Sorceror..." Hideo thinks aloud. "It is not uncommon for only the lowest of your kind to deign to do business at all with those without Talent of their own."

He shakes his head and waves at the woman.

"Your safehouse has been arranged, through that door there."

She nods, but pauses next to the portal and turns to you.

"I am Mitsuru. If it pleases you, Lady Sorceror, I would be most delighted to converse with you at some future time, over tea."

"I will consider it." You say, not agreeing but neither outright dismissing the invitation.

She nods and steps through the portal without further hesitation, and the draconic golem slithers through the air after her. Once they have passed safely through, you allow it to shut.

"Very good." Hideo says, then names a place where the shipment will be brought to await you. "In the meantime, however... if I might ask after my father's sword?"

You step toward the broken blade and inspect it wordlessly, confirming that every piece has been collected and is present. Then you lift it by the hilt, and set the pieces floating into the air.

One by one, they drift together, setting into their place with a metallic 'click', and lining up with one another like the pieces of an unusually shaped puzzle. It is a matter of minutes before it has returned to the shape of a sword, though the lines where the blade had shattered are still evident. You draw a finger slowly up the flat of the blade, towards the tip, however, and the seams disappear, the metal-that-is remembering the metal-that-was, and finding all of itself present, returning to that state with the merest nudge.

The finished product seems to glow for a moment before it settles, a simple shining blade once more. Hideo accepts it from you with a deep bow, and after a quick test swing, sheathes it.

"... We owe you a debt, for this." He says somberly. "If ever you have need, Lady Sorceror, call upon us, and we will answer."

He sets the blade reverently aside, and then withdraws an ornate pin from inside of his suit. There seems to be an insignia emblazoned on it.

"This is yours, now." He says, proffering it towards you. "Its value is not in any way comparable to your service, but it will open doors for you throughout most of Japan. Our neutrality is respected through all the Families... though some bear us less respect than others. I need not say, of course, but it would likely not be wise to brandish it in the face of officers of the law. Many will pretend not to notice, others will not."

You nod and accept the pin. After releasing it, he pauses, turning to Tewi.

"... I would wish for you to remain." He says, simply.

"Eh? And here I heard you'd gotten over that." Tewi says, seeming to take the conversation oddly seriously. "Heard you had a woman and kids, too. Whatever would she think, hm?"

"My wife will understand." Hideo says, waving the concern aside. "We reached an agreement before marriage: if either of us had the opportunity to be with a single other person, then regarding that person only, the other would raise no fuss. Her selection was... the singer for some musical group, I believe. I'll have him kidnapped for her, if needed. My choice, however... it has always been you."

Tewi takes a moment, then pats Hideo on the head.

"Sorry, kid." She says. "That isn't going to happen. Not even mentioning that you sound like you're in a cheesy skin flick, or some housewife's romance novels... your dad managed to con me into changing your diapers more than a few times, you know? I make it a point to not get involved with people I've done that sort of thing for. Crosses wires too much: last thing I want is to remember back in the day, when you couldn't clean yourself up yet, in the middle of private moments."

"Then there is no way I can convince you?" Hideo says, seeming a little sad.

"... Sorry." Tewi says again.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47252
[x] Collect the items and send them back to the mansion.
[x] Create a house at Hogwarts now while our earth element is at its strongest.
[x] Return to Gensokyo and finish up Yukari's favor.
>> No. 47255
[x] You have about one hour of waiting. Perhaps you could get reacquainted with the Outside instead of simply waiting?

>>47252
And once again, someone seems to forget the whole point of passing by the shrine and the reason we're collecting big amount of treats.
>> No. 47256
[x] You have about one hour of waiting. Perhaps you could get reacquainted with the Outside instead of simply waiting?

True, when this is finished we'll be able to back to the outside whenever needed.
>> No. 47257
This would still be the ideal time to create a lodging of some kind, somewhere at least.

Actually, if we're in the realm of personal favors, perhaps there is a parsel of land that Hideo has that we could make use of for the period of one year? We can construct and ward the house there, teleport to and from Hogwarts as needed, it lets us stay and have some fun in Japan/stay close to the Hakurei Shrine Border in case anything goes wrong. We can just teleport into and out of the disgusting room at Hogwart for the sake of appearances.
>> No. 47259
>>47257
The only place Patchouli will regularly go Outside for is Hogwarts. Any other place can be reached in an instant anyway. And do not forget that we've been moving around so much lately only to prepare.

And what happens if it's a sick day and we need to lay off the magic? Granted, the roll would need to be quite horrible (Like rolling around 30, suffering backlash and having to take medecine to simply be coherent. Or simply bad roll on medecine with low health roll.). Having the portal at Hogwarts means we can at least send someone to tell Dumbledore we're confined to bed for the day.
>> No. 47260
[x] You have about one hour of waiting. Perhaps you could get reacquainted with the Outside instead of simply waiting?
[x] Collect the items and send them back to the mansion.
[x] Return to Gensokyo and finish up Yukari's favor.
>> No. 47261
Ouch. Shot down~

[x] Have tea with that Mitsuru woman.

Why not? We've got time to kill.
>> No. 47262
>>47260
Reminder: the point of going Outside by the Shrne was to NOT make portals that would breach the Barrier. And you also want to miss Tewi driving?

And it will take two full days to make the golems. Better start this the next day.
>> No. 47263
>>47259

Couldn't Patchy set up a semi-permanent portal though? Yukari's objection was due to the fact that it would breach the border, but surely if the portal didnt cross the border, setting it up would be fine, right?
>> No. 47265
>>47263
...What would be the point? It would only be used if she can't make one and if she can't make one, she's sick and not interested in going out in the first place.
>> No. 47266
[x] You have about one hour of waiting. Perhaps you could get reacquainted with the Outside instead of simply waiting?
>> No. 47267
I've said this before, but: Walking bed. Because being bedridden should not stay Patchouli from her appointed duties.

We could probably make one by binding a spirit to a bed. Slap an air filtration ward on it and Patchy will be comfortable whereever she goes.
>> No. 47268
[x] You have about one hour of waiting. Perhaps you could get reacquainted with the Outside instead of simply waiting?

With some "luck", Tewi know about the Internet and will show it to Patch, sending her down the path of the Internet Addict ! [insert maniacal laugh here]
>> No. 47269
Don't know why you guys are missing this perfect opportunity to solve the problem of lodgings in Hogwarts, but I'll cast a futile vote anyway.

[x]Teleport to hogwarts and quickly make a suitable house.

Shouldn't take more than an hour.
>> No. 47271
[X] You have about an hour to kill, and you have not had tea since you visited Hogwarts, and that was awful swill. Now is a good enough time to address this. Choose whatever company will most likely provide the most interesting conversation, even if that will most likely be Tewi.
[X] Since she will likely ask for more bribes, get a suitably useless souvenir to give to Reimu. Probably something edible. Maybe chocolate or something else only Yukari has easy access to.
[X] Collect the items and send them to the shrine.
[X] Pass through the border there, then portal everything into the mansion.
[X] If you have time, from the shrine go to Hogwarts and construct a domicile.*
[X] If that is not feasible, go home and start working on edible golems.


*My main concern is that if we don't have someplace to put it ready, Yukari might place the portal someplace inconvenient. Like in a stall in the boy's lavatory.
>> No. 47272
>>47271
If Yukari really wanted to be a bitch like this, then she would do it even if we had a place prepared.

No, at worse we can simply tell her to put the portal in our room at Hogwart. That's not a problem.

Also, Kali, I have a question for you. How many entrance does the Voile Library have ?
>> No. 47273
File 131759783315.png- (457.86KB , 600x600 , 7f36d44e0f8c5bb0987d291b6a08a424.png ) [iqdb]
47273
"We have slightly less than an hour, then, before the material is prepared." You say, indifferent to the drama before you. "I remain unfamiliar with... the area. Do you have any suggestions?"

"Well, now that you mention it, I could eat, and I know a few places. Assuming they're still in business, anyway." Tewi says.

"Mori's closed down: he retired." Hideo says, taking the interruptions with remarkable aplomb, though he does spare you a brief glance of... Jealousy? "And that noodle place you frequented burned down last year, and hasn't been rebuilt."

"Jeeze, go away for a bit and everything falls apart. That diner still running?"

"Daisuke's? Yes, but he's fallen on some harder times recently, a number of his regulars have relocated and he hasn't yet filled out his set of patrons. A few of the more expensive dishes have been cut from the menu." Hideo says.

"That's fine, I never order them anyway." Tewi says flippantly, as she saunters out.

You trail behind, as she leads you out of the building and back to the main streets, through the teeming masses of people. Somehow, she talks you into another clothing store on the way, and with your measurements already in hand for size estimation, a second bag of outfits is collected unusually rapidly. From there, she leads you to an out of the way diner.

There is a soft chime of a bell as you enter.

"Yo, Daisuke." She calls, and the man waves. "Get me a vegetable fried rice plate and a bowl of tofu and steamed noodles. Friend here'll have a sushi plate and an order of beef and broccoli. Two green teas."

You frown as she makes the decision for you, more so when you realize that your combined order totals up to significantly more than her own. But then, you suppose that if she is paying the bill, she has some right to make decisions, and you really don't feel like trying to dictate what the rabbit does with her own deceitfully gained money.

She watches you carefully as you it.

"It's good, right?" She asks, seeming almost uncertain as she sticks to her own food. "I mean, people agree that it is, but-"

"You cannot digest meat?" You conclude aloud.

"Eh, no, that's not it. Well, kind of, but not really. Rabbit, but Youkai, you know. It works out weird." She says ambivalently.

"Do tell. It's quite good, incidentally." You say, taking another calm bite.

"Yeah, that's good. I could try it myself, only it would be a bad idea." Tewi explains, swallowing some tea. "Just a little is fine, I only feel pretty sick. If I eat too much, though.. eh, I don't really want to go into details. Last time, I blacked out and came to my senses twenty years later, somewhere in scotland. 'Caer-' something, I think. Might have been a cave, memories are a bit fuzzy around that time. Anyway, I had to get the local sorceror to fill me in on the details of what I'd been getting up to afterward."

"I see." You say, continuing to eat. It's probably a good thing you can't recall having breakfast, or you doubt you would be able to finish this.

You finish the meal, and Tewi leaves a stack of bills behind, significantly more than the cost, with an explanation that she was 'pretty sure his luck was going to turn around soon'.

When you arrive at the designated place, there is a large vehicle parked and waiting, with a suited man standing patiently to hand over the keys. Tewi takes them and opens up the back, then whistles.

"They got you some extra." She says nonchalantly, as she slams the door shut. "Don't think I've ever driven a semi before, though. Hey, you mind if I take it around town a bit before you set up a vortex thing to move it through to wherever?"

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47275
[x] Considering how much she helped you today, you really have no reason to refuse.
-[x] Do remind her however that Eirin did ask you to be present when she would talk to the spider.
>> No. 47276
She's never driven a semi. This will end poorly.

[x] Go right ahead.
>> No. 47277
...the rabbit of caerbannog. Oh fuck.
>> No. 47278
[X] Ward the truck against damage and shock.
[X] Let Tewi have her joyride.

ah ha! you thought you could pull the old car crash bad end? I'm one step ahead of ya Kahi
>> No. 47279
>>47277
That was my though as well.

[X] Ward the truck against damage and shock.
[X] Let Tewi have her joyride.
>> No. 47280
Have more faith in Tewi's luck, guys. She isn't going to crash.
>> No. 47281
[x] Magic it up so it can go anywhere we'd ever need to go, like across oceans. You might need some deliveries to Hogwarts for your classes later.
- [X] Ward the truck against damage and shock. As an after thought.
[X] Let Tewi have her joyride.
>> No. 47282
>>47281
we can TELEPORT
>> No. 47284
>>47281

Really guy? You want to keep the truck? Of all the fantastic and wondeful things we've passed so far...this guy wants to keep the damn truck.
>> No. 47285
>>47281
Not joyride. We have permission to drive it.

>>47284
A physical threat (weapon?) that can be threatening. Especially if prevented from external damages. (That, and it's Tewi that's driving, not Patchy)
>> No. 47286
[X] Ward the truck against damage and shock.
[X] Let Tewi have her joyride.

While hitting Voldie with a magical semi might be cool, Yukari would be pissed if we stole her shtick in Gensokyo - only she can portal in vehicles as part of a spellcard duel.
>> No. 47287
[x] Considering how much she helped you today, you really have no reason to refuse.
-[x] Do remind her however that Eirin did ask you to be present when she would talk to the spider.
[X] Ditch the truck once you're done. It's big and noisy, and you can't easily get more fuel. If you want a mode of transportation later, you can easily make something even larger, and much more stylish as well. You are not some redneck plebeian.
>> No. 47288
This joyride can only end in Reimu being pissed at us for ramming through the barrier at top speed while being chased by angry policemen and/or yakuza. I approve.
>> No. 47289
>>47288
Ditto.
>> No. 47290
[X] Ward the truck against damage and shock.
[X] Let Tewi have her joyride.
>> No. 47291
File 131761462980.png- (90.04KB , 600x550 , 3fa4c0b6158ebc7f461a7e3de7655a73.png ) [iqdb]
47291
You agree, and Tewi takes a few minutes to adjust the driver's seat. In the meantime, you quietly do a little bit to improve the vehicle's structural integrity, before you enter the passenger seat. It's not like you're required to give it back, as the truck was part and parcel of the deal, but it wouldn't do to have it damaged, you think.

Much to your surprise, Tewi drives perfectly normally, as far as you can tell, and you quickly piece together the general rules. Red being 'stop', and that sort of thing. She seems to just enjoy getting a feel for the vehicle, through several blocks.

Then, at a red light, there's laughter as an engine next to you thrums. Then again, twice, and more laughter. You lean to peer past Tewi, to where a young man and woman in a sporty looking vehicle seem to be harassing a middle-aged man in a more sedate automobile, seeming to be attempting to goad him into something by making engine noise. The henpecked man seems to be ignoring them as best he can as you settle into your seat.

Then the sporty vehicle's engine sounds again, and you can almost sense Tewi's self-restraint snapping. The engine of your truck roars like an angry beast awakened from a pleasant slumber, and the laughter goes silent.

"Yeah, kid. Looking at you." Tewi says, out the window.

A challenge seems to have been issued, and taken up, and as the light turns color, both vehicles rip into motion. The young man's automobile takes the immediate lead, as if this truck is anything, it is very heavy, and takes a minute to get moving properly. You almost can't see him after a few moments, but then the truck seems to reach full speed, and you begin to gain ground on him.

Then you begin to realize the situation of other traffic. The truck is heavy and ponderous, and the obstacles make things less than ideal, as the sporty car can maneuver through them more freely. Worse still, the other car has just passed by some tracks, and almost immediately a train has come along.

Tewi shows no indication of slowing down.

"Need a ramp." She says, almost yelling.

You don't see you have much of a choice in the matter, and you wrench out towards the earth in front of you, ripping pavement, mostly stone, though processed, upwards at an incline. Tewi takes it at full speed, and you can feel when the monster of a vehicle's tires lose connection with anything, and drop the pavement to flop back into place as the truck sails over the moving train. The young woman is looking backwards and pointing, and you are just close enough to see her yell something at the young man, tugging at his shirt and making him look back before he returns his attention to the road.

"You'll have to do better than that, kid!" Tewi yells, as the truck roars closer. You note that you are now being tailed by a police officer on a motorcyle, who seems to be making some insistent signal for you to stop the vehicle.

The sporty car makes a sharp turn, bumping up over the sidewalk and into a network of alleys. Tewi follows, and manages to see, up ahead, where the car makes a turn that the truck can't manage. Tewi ignores it and roars straight ahead, suddenly mumbling street and alley names to herself, seeming deep in thought as she tears out the other side of the alley and turns. Two turns and four blocks later, the young man in the sporty car seems to panic as you tear around the corner, just behind him as he pulls out of the alley.

"No sale!" Tewi yells. "I know these streets. You can't dodge me that easy!"

There is now not one, but several police vehicles behind you, you note.

The young man continues to try to shake you off, no longer seeming interested in 'playing'. Tewi's expertise, however, seems too much for him to compensate for, and he eventually resorts to a desperate-seeming gambit, speeding along the wrong side of the road toward a bridge that has begun to rise. This doesn't seem like a good idea at all to you, as the police have come to a screeching stop behind you as the car and your truck roar up the increasing angle, and the car leaves solid ground only moments before your truck does the same.

There's a long moment of weightlessness, and in front of you, the car manages to make it to the other side of the bridge. It's quite clear, on the other hand, as the bridge continues to rise and your truck begins to fall, that you will not.

"... well huh." Tewi says nonchalantly. "Forgot to account for all the extra weight, in the heat of the moment. My bad."

You sigh, knowing it's going to be up to you to fix this now, and you pull out your wand, ripping open an extra-large portal directly in front of your truck. You have only a split second to decide where the other end will place you.

[ ] Where do you arrive?
>> No. 47293
Fist-pumped so fucking hard.

[x] The other side of the bridge.

We're entering Gensokyo via the shrine, come Hell or high water!
>> No. 47294
[x] Hogwarts, there should be lots of empty, soft grassy space.
[x] Take the opportunity to build a house. We might want to have it ready for Yukari to place the other side of the portal in.
>> No. 47295
[x] The other side of the bridge.

We can't rely on Yukari's benevolence - she's in the evil bitch half of her cycle, and would probably cheer Ran on as she murderized Patchy.
>> No. 47296
Tewi, I barely knew you before this CYOA, but you are AWESOME.

[x] The other side of the bridge.

We're entering Gensokyo via the shrine, come Hell or high water! Better yet, drive the truck THROUGH the entrance to Gensokyo.
>> No. 47297
[X] Reisen's room

Need to get back there anyway.

Also, Ran said the reason she doesn't like fixing holes in the boundary is because it takes away from Chen time right? so if she comes by and makes a scene about Patchy crashing a truck through the boundary, all we have to do is find a way to increase her Chen time as payment.

maybe babysit yukari or something
>> No. 47299
>>47294
You're the same one who try to pull making a house vote after vote, huh? Portal makes house useless, drop it already.

>>47296
Then why not drop truck near the shrine on the Outside side?
>> No. 47300
Reminder: Truck still has momentum right now and most likely will upon portal exit. Plan accordingly.
>> No. 47301
Reminder: Truck still has momentum right now and most likely will upon portal exit. Plan accordingly.
>> No. 47305
Previous vote deleted.

[x] Near the shrine (Outside side), hopefully in an empty spot.
-[x] Prepare for impact.

Because if it falls front first, damage will be done, durability upgraded or not. And I doubt the truck will work after that.
>> No. 47307
>>47299
> You're the same one who try to pull making a house vote after vote, huh? Portal makes house useless, drop it already.
Nope, this is my first vote in this story, actually. I just read through the threads so far. Good stuff.

Either way, I am not convinced that the portal makes a house redundant. In your opinion, where is it supposed to lead to? The DADA instructor quarters? Patchouli already considered that even just walking through it would be unpleasant or even unhealthy.

Being physically present in Hogwarts might also be beneficial in the case that somebody has an urgent message or other business for us. I'm not sure we'd hear somebody knocking at the room's door all the way through the room, portal and library.

> Then why not drop truck near the shrine on the Outside side?
I agree that this would be the preferable option to just appearing on the other side of the bridge. It would also get rid of the police. Just make sure that there is soft ground to cushion impact from the truck's current momentum.
>> No. 47308
File 131761706197.jpg- (152.85KB , 1600x1200 , 1312260265157.jpg ) [iqdb]
47308
>>47301

"Spectacular. You appear to understand how a portal affects forward momentum, or to be more precise, how it does not. Momentum, a function of mass and velocity, is conserved between portals. In layman's terms: speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out."
>> No. 47311
>>47307
No offense, but considering there's always one vote insisting on making a house lately, I'll have to call bullshit on first vote claim.

Besides, we can clean lightly with magic to make entry and exit bearable (or have Koakuma do it). And I'm pretty sure something can be done about messages.
>> No. 47314
>>47311
What would be my motivation to lie about not having voted before? After all, it's not like I have a name and a reputation to protect.

Also, looking through this thread, I only see one other post voting to build a house, and another one suggesting to do so.

> Besides, we can clean lightly with magic to make entry and exit bearable (or have Koakuma do it). And I'm pretty sure something can be done about messages.
I suppose it would be possible to find a way to handle messages somehow. Although I still think that the opportunity given by high HP on an Earth day would be rather good.
>> No. 47316
[x] An area with a good amount of distance to bleed off speed

>>47308
And we don't got those magical bouncy shoes either!
>> No. 47317
>>47314

Because if Kahi knows that one person is voting multiple times, he will be more likely to ignore that vote.
>> No. 47319
>>47301
Portal science: "Fast thing goes in, fast thing comes out."

Maybe we can assume that the Portal dev team saw this and then created the game.
>> No. 47320
[x] Near the shrine (Outside side), hopefully in an empty spot.
-[x] Prepare for impact.
>> No. 47321
[X] The other side of the bridge.
- [X] Specifically the top of the incline on the other side. You have both forward and downward momentum to bleed off, and that is probably the closest approximation to the right angle you are likely to find. Crashing might mess up the goods you went to all that trouble to get, after all, not to mention necessitating you dig yourselves out of a pile of twisted metal.
[X] If Tewi can get the truck under at least a vague sense of control, open another portal to the shrine. You have wasted enough time on this errand already.
>> No. 47323
[x] Near the shrine (Outside side), hopefully in an empty spot.
-[x] Prepare for impact.
>> No. 47324
[x] Near the shrine (Outside side), hopefully in an empty spot.
-[x] Prepare for impact.
>> No. 47325
[x] Near the shrine (Outside side), hopefully in an empty spot.
-[x] Prepare for impact.
Make sure the cargo is NOT damaged. We don't want to do this errand again just because our cargo is useless after a bad crash.
>> No. 47326
>>47325
Amen.
>> No. 47327
[x] Near the shrine (Outside side), hopefully in an empty spot.
-[x] Prepare for impact.
Make sure the cargo is NOT damaged. We don't want to do this errand again just because our cargo is useless after a bad crash.
>> No. 47328
[x] Near the shrine (Outside side), hopefully in an empty spot.
-[x] Prepare for impact.
>> No. 47329
[x] Near the shrine (Outside side), hopefully in an empty spot.
-[x] Prepare for impact.

I kind of want the truck to land on Reimu's shrine, but I don't think there'll be enough Patchy left to teach in Hogwarts after Ran and Reimu are done with her.

Also, is Tewi just trolling us and the yaks, or have we unwittingly tripped some Tewi flags.
>> No. 47330
[x] Near the shrine (Outside side), hopefully in an empty spot.
-[x] Prepare for impact.
-[X] Use a wind/levitation spell to try to compensate for the downward momentum.
>> No. 47331
[x] Near the shrine (Outside side), hopefully in an empty spot.
-[x] Prepare for impact.
-[X] Use a wind/levitation spell to try to compensate for the downward momentum.
>> No. 47332
[x] Near the shrine (Outside side), hopefully in an empty spot.
-[X] Use a wind/levitation spell to try to compensate for the downward momentum
-[x] If possible, make sure that the cargo is undamaged
>> No. 47333
File 13176573586.jpg- (262.57KB , 600x850 , 'sup.jpg ) [iqdb]
47333
You shoot out the other side of the portal at a different angle, Gravity taking over to pull you down a little until you impact the shrine steps, and from there moving steadily upward, as Tewi doesn't seem inclined to take her foot off the acceleration lever yet. You make your way up the steps very rapidly in these conditions. The truck doesn't seem damaged, though the stairs at the point of impact will need a little repair, so it seems your enhancements have done their job.

You suppose that simply continuing the chase would also have been a good plan, inflicting severe mental trauma on the boy regarding the truck-that-could-not-be-escaped, instead of only minor terror and a lingering guilt that he might have caused someone's deaths. But then, you don't really care enough about him to bother, when it comes down to it.

The truck flies into the air at the top of the stairs, arcing gently past a frowning shrine maiden, as Tewi finally cuts speed. She doesn't want to actually crash into the shrine, after all, though there seems to be a bit of a way to go.... and then the truck halts in midair, forward velocity simply stopping, and the rear bumps down against the ground. After a moment, Suika sets the vehicle carefully aside, taking a swig from her gourd with the other hand.

"Hiya." The oni says with a grin, waving at you. "Looks like you guys had a good time."

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47336
[x] Answer. "I suppose we did."
[x] Teleport the goods at a secure location in the SDM. You don't want fairies using them as snacks after the time it took to get them.
[x] Ask Tewi what should be done with the truck.
-[x] If Tewi is annoyed at not continuing the chase, suggest that a sudden reappearance on another day would give the boy quite the trauma.
>> No. 47337
>>47335
[x]Catch your breath.
[x]Collect your thoughts, resist urge to strangle Tewi
[x]Exit vehicle
[x]Wonder what possessed you to let Tewi Drive. Vow to NEVER let Tewi drive again
[x]"Perhaps"
>> No. 47338
[x] Answer. "I suppose we did."
[x] Teleport the goods at a secure location in the SDM. You don't want fairies using them as snacks after the time it took to get them.
[x] Ask Tewi what should be done with the truck.
-[x] If Tewi is annoyed at not continuing the chase, suggest that a sudden reappearance on another day would give the boy quite the trauma.
[x]Be prepared to placate the red-white - she probably doesn't appreciate having people nearly crash large vehicles into the shrine.
>> No. 47339
[x] Answer. "I suppose we did."
[x] Teleport the goods at a secure location in the SDM. You don't want fairies using them as snacks after the time it took to get them.
[x] Ask Tewi what should be done with the truck.
-[x] If Tewi is annoyed at not continuing the chase, suggest that a sudden reappearance on another day would give the boy quite the trauma.
-[x] You actually enjoyed that, surprisingly. Request that if Tewi wants to continue the chase, she brings you along.
>> No. 47341
[x] Answer. "I suppose we did."
[x] Teleport the goods at a secure location in the SDM. You don't want fairies using them as snacks after the time it took to get them.
[x] Ask Tewi what should be done with the truck.
-[x] If Tewi is annoyed at not continuing the chase, suggest that a sudden reappearance on another day would give the boy quite the trauma.
-[x] You actually enjoyed that, surprisingly. Request that if Tewi wants to continue the chase, she brings you along. Do make sure that you are outside the red-white's range of hearing before asking tough.
[x]Be prepared to placate the red-white - she probably doesn't appreciate having people nearly crash large vehicles into the shrine.
>> No. 47342
[x] Give Tewi the truck.

Patchy can't use it. Soooooo...
>> No. 47345
Need I remind you we just ripped an EXTRA LARGE HOLE in the border. ANOTHER RIP and a RIP BACK will lead to MAJOR CONSEQUENCES.

Expect Ran to be strangling us AGAIN. We probably interrupted CHEN TIME again

[x] DO NOT REOPEN THE PORTAL
[x] Figure where to get rid of a Truck
>> No. 47346
>>47345
Err, no. We teleported on Outside side and climbed up the steps in trucks, passing the border by a normal entry. Even if the entry itself was crazy.

Remember it's border breach only if the teleport move from Gensokyo to Outside or Outside to Gensokyo.
>> No. 47347
>> 47346

Reimu had to do something to let us out last time (walking down the same set of steps we walked up), and as we've only gone back up it's possible that we're not actually back in Gensokyo yet. We could just be knocking at the door, so to speak.

I wouldn't rip portals to SDM until we know which side of the border we're on.
>> No. 47348
>>47347
I'm pretty sure Suika and Reimu stay on the inside of the border. I'm not sure the latter's duties allow her to go Outside.
>> No. 47350
Short answer: No, you're not back inside the Barrier yet.

Long answer: Slightly complicated. Wait for Koa Korner, I suppose.
>> No. 47351
>>47350
In that case, vote deleted and changed to:

[x] Answer. "I suppose we did."
[x] Ask Tewi what should be done with the truck.
-[x] If Tewi is annoyed at not continuing the chase, suggest that a sudden reappearance on another day would give the boy quite the trauma.
[x] Once we are back inside: Teleport the goods at a secure location in the SDM. You don't want fairies using them as snacks after the time it took to get them.
>> No. 47352
>>47350

Oh, then:

[x] Answer. "I suppose we did."
[x] Ask Tewi what should be done with the truck.
-[x] If Tewi is annoyed at not continuing the chase, suggest that a sudden reappearance on another day would give the boy quite the trauma.
[x] Once we are back inside: Teleport the goods at a secure location in the SDM. You don't want fairies using them as snacks after the time it took to get them.
>> No. 47353
*Laughs hysterically* Oh god. I just imagined what Meiling's face would look like if we drove up to mansion in the truck! *Laughs some more*
>> No. 47354
>>47353
*gigglesnorts*
>> No. 47355
You know, we could totally sell the truck to Nitori for some VERY big favors if we want.

It's not like Tewi will be able to drive the thing through Gensokyo for long anyway. Fuel for it is kind of on short supply.
>> No. 47356
>>47350
Huh. Guess all votes before assumed we did.

[x] Answer. "I suppose we did."
[x] Ask Tewi what should be done with the truck.
-[x] If Tewi is annoyed at not continuing the chase, suggest that a sudden reappearance on another day would give the boy quite the trauma.
[x] Once we are back inside: Teleport the goods at a secure location in the SDM. You don't want fairies using them as snacks after the time it took to get them.
>> No. 47357
[x] Answer. "I suppose we did."
[x] Ask Tewi what should be done with the truck.
-[x] If Tewi is annoyed at not continuing the chase, suggest that a sudden reappearance on another day would give the boy quite the trauma.
[x] Once we are back inside: Teleport the goods at a secure location in the SDM. You don't want fairies using them as snacks after the time it took to get them.
>> No. 47358
File 131767739876.jpg- (772.46KB , 740x1035 , a63dcff47b8a9d543a65b270289595da43c45390.jpg ) [iqdb]
47358
"... Yes, that would seem to be the case." You say after a moment, making your way out of the vehicle, tucking your focus safely away as you do.

Reimu frowns as she catches the motion.

"... Was that a riding crop I just saw?" She asks dubiously.

"Of course not." You say dismissively. You've never made a practice of riding, and even if you had, you do not own a horse. The shrine maiden does not seem convinced.

"Whatever." She says after a moment, then pauses to wave vaguely at the truck. "So... who's dead? Nobody important, I hope?"

"In spite of your assumption, not one person was harmed during our outing." You pause to consider that, then append "Permanently. Or physically. In any case, the vehicle and its contents were also collected in a business transaction."

"Really?" Reimu says, not seeming entirely certain of you, but for the moment extending benefits of doubt.

"So, any more plans for the day?" Tewi asks, leaving the door open as she hops out. Reimu takes a moment to give her clothing an uncertain look as well, before clearly deciding to simply ignore it.

"There is the matter at Eientei, of course." You say aloud, thinking.

"Eh... that spider'll probably happily sleep another hour or three, if it comes to that." Tewi says, glancing at the position of the sun.

"Yes... aside from that, there's other things to tend to in the Archive..."

You pause for a long moment, frowning in deep thought. Had there been something else? Ah. Yes, something had been tickling at the edges of your thoughts for a while now. You could certainly purify that room enough to be at least habitable enough to pass through for a few moments every day, with minimal health concerns, but if you plan to even give the merest illusion of actually living there, it will take some effort to keep things in order, and you would have to expand it somewhat. As Sakuya is unwilling to work beyond the scope of her duties in the mansion, you would either have to find some way to convince Remilia to have her expand the room beyond its current, nearly offensively-small and cramped conditions, or search out a spell to do it yourself, without smashing apart and restructuring the rest of the nearby castle in so doing.

You aren't certain you want to go through even that minor extra effort, when you are already familiar with magic that can allow you to make suitable quarters, and more or less have the ambiguous approval of the headmaster to do so. Today would be the best day for such an effort: you could likely craft a second castle if you wished, or make a smaller construction quite grand. But if it comes down to it, you could make something suitable enough any day of the week, and it is not as though such things are an immediate concern.

"So, are we done outside?" Tewi asks again, startling you from your thoughts.

"Hey, don't think I'll just happily let you leave your stuff here, I'm not a storage depot." Reimu interrupts seriously. "If you're headed off, you can either take it with you or bring me back something nice. And don't think you're coming back out again today if you take it inside, you've only paid for one round trip, out and back in. Unless you want to pay again, anyway."

"Hey, if you got time, relax in the hot spring a bit." Suika provides as cheerful counterpoint. "I'll provide the booze~"

You consider quickly. The doors to the rear compartment are locked, so theft or snooping are not concerns, at least without leaving damage significant enough that you would know upon returning.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47359
[x] Plans later. Hot springs now.

If we do make a house at Hogwarts today, it should be an underground bunker with a hidden entrance. Low profile~!
>> No. 47360
> at least without leaving damage significant enough that you would know upon returning.
That doesn't help much, if the stuff is gone though.

Before taking up Suika on her offer, I'd prefer to know whether going to the hot springs implies going back inside the border.

Also, while I appreciate the puntential, I think something more conventional than an underground bunker might be more appropriate.
>> No. 47361
Could go with something small, but still impressive looking, that leads into an underground bunker. Why settle for just one?

And worse comes to worse, there's always Earth day next week.

[x]Hit the hot springs and relax a bit, just ask someone to poke you awake if you relax a bit too much and fall asleep.
>> No. 47362
[x]Hit the hot springs and relax a bit, just ask someone to poke you awake if you relax a bit too much and fall asleep.
>> No. 47364
[x] Arcane Lock on the cargo compartment
[x] Plans later. Hot springs now. It would be rude to refuse.
- [x]No booze
>> No. 47365
[x]Hit the hot springs and relax a bit, just ask someone to poke you awake if you relax a bit too much and fall asleep.
>> No. 47366
[x]Pass the offer: The black-white may come and destroy everything in an overkill attempt to see what's inside while you relax.
[x]Get inside the Border, then teleport the goods at a secure location in the SDM. You don't want fairies using them as snacks after the time it took to get them.
[x]Ask Tewi what should be done with the truck.

Quick question: What's the place Marisa visit the most? Don't leave the truck without laser-proof protection at least if you plan to vote hot springs.
>> No. 47367
[x]Hit the hot springs and relax a bit
No one's going to steal the cargo, no sir.
>> No. 47368
We've got extra cargo anyway. Marisa could steal as much as she can carry (why she'd want it, I have no idea) and we'd still have plenty.
>> No. 47369
>>47368
SOME extra. If she blast it open with magic, a good part will probably melt and be unusable.
>> No. 47370
[x]Hit the hot springs and relax a bit

What could go wrong?
>> No. 47371
>>47370 Famous Last Words.

[x]Hit the hot springs and relax a bit
[x]Request that Reimu tell the black-white that what is inside is for Yukari...and she will be very annoyed if someone messes with it.
>> No. 47372
[x]Hit the hot springs and relax a bit
[x]Request that Reimu tell the black-white that what is inside is for Yukari...and she will be very annoyed if someone messes with it.
>> No. 47373
[x]Hit the hot springs and relax a bit
[x]But invite Marisa along. After all, if she's soaking with you, she can't be Master Sparking your truck to get at the goodies inside.
- [] Even she can sometimes have an interesting idea in her head, if enough effort is spent on teasing it out, and she is the only human magician you really know. Get her talking about her own apprenticeship, if only to learn what what not to do to your own students-to-be.
>> No. 47374
>>47373

Nuts. Kindly consider the last box to be X'd as well.
>> No. 47375
>>47373
I don't think Marisa is around, so inviting her might require a detour.
>> No. 47377
[x]Pass the offer: The black-white may come and destroy everything in an overkill attempt to see what's inside while you relax.
[x] Go check how Eirin is doing with the spider youkai. If nothing is going on, get to work on those candy golems ASAP.
[x] But first, go build a house on hogwarts while you still can.

>>47299

I believe you are talking about me. Regardless of portal or no portal, I still want to build something grand on Hogwarts, just to make everyone drop their jaws before the might of Patchouli Knowledge. A lone magician building a second castle that needed 4 great mages to build is sure to be, at least, respected.

I would also have voted for her writing her own book, but the opportunity was long past when I started following this story for good. Which is a shame, since I honestly believe there won't actually be classes, but that this story is all about preparing for them.
>> No. 47378
>>47377
I'd like to drop everyone's jaws as well, but I think we should wait until school starts before we build anything impressive. More spectators that way.

Plus, the first classes will be far more amusing without rumors that Patchouli is a supermage flying around. Plenty of time to start those rumors later, after all.
>> No. 47380
>>47377
You know, that's the problem right here: Don't you think it's out of character for Patchouli to care so much about how others feel about her? And showing off so much with something ultimately useless to her?

If it's in a fight where someone greatly annoyed Patchouli however...
>> No. 47381
File 131769835192.jpg- (172.31KB , 850x1190 , sample-7ad7ebc9b3b6fb88aaf0ad29f748640d.jpg ) [iqdb]
47381
The thought quickly strikes you that if Marisa were here, as she often is, you might invite her along to the spring simply to keep her from trying to open the truck with a can-opener, under the assumption that there would be books inside. She isn't, however, and you have no intention of checking her house in the Forest of Magic to see if she is currently present. That would be far too far out of your way, for something you aren't inclined to do anyway.

Another thought, just in case she drops by, is quickly dismissed. Bringing up the fact that you are running an errand for Yukari Yakumo would, you suspect, be the fastest way to urge the Shrine Maiden to smash the truck apart in the attempt to discover exactly what she needed to prepare anticipatory defenses against. It was not even a guarantee that Reimu would be a target of whatever Amusement Yukari got up to with the things, once you have them complete, but you are forced to admit that you would be hard pressed to call her to task for taking preventative measures when there is at least a fair chance that she will be. You should probably not bring up the Lady of Boundaries at all, come to think of it, unless Reimu or the Oni work conversation to it.

Instead, you simply work a quick and subtle magic, further enhancing the rear compartment of the truck's durability and linking cracks together such that the doors are merely diverting decoration on a completely sealed metal box. Only then do you agree to the Oni's invitation.

Several minutes later, you slip into the hot water, allowing the heat to seep into your muscles as you lean back against the stone side. You don't drink much of what the Oni offers, preferring to keep sober. You seem to be more or less on the inner side of the Barrier now, as you know that these springs are fueled by the Underworld, which may or may not actually exist in any physical location Outside. It's a question for you to ponder another time, but nonetheless you suppose there will be no side trips to Britain today.

Tewi and the Oni seem absorbed in idle chatter, until a mischievous look comes over the horned girl's face, and she slides over to the Shrine Maiden, then blatantly cops a feel. Reimu responds by taking hold of the Oni's horns and holding her beneath the water surface until her thrashing grows desperate and she exhales a cloud of bubbles, and only then allows her to surface for air.

"... Worth it~" Suika slurs, in between gasps.

You notice Tewi sidling up beside you and sigh, prepared to mete out similar retribution. However, she simply sits quietly, relaxed and with closed eyes as you sip cautiously at the drink. After a few minutes, you lower your guard and quietly watch the sky, almost floating in the waters.

By the time you are ready to get out, most of an hour later, Tewi has somehow shifted such that she's leaning heavily into your side, half asleep, one arm draped around you. Suika seems vaguely impressed, Reimu disinterested, and you feel like someone has gotten the better of you somehow, but you can't quite work out where. You jostle the rabbit slightly as you begin to rise, and she yawns before bringing herself back wakefulness.

"Frogs." She mumbles sleepily in Suika's direction, but doesn't explain further as she rises from the pool of water. She doesn't seem to need to, as it obviously pertains to whatever they were chatting about before.

By the time you are fully clothed, she is completely alert.

"So, looks like there's nothing more to be done outside today. Guess it's time to head to Eientei... well, unless you want to stow that first. I guess we have to get it down the stairs, at least, before you can just move it somewhere though."

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47382
>>47380
Patchouli doesn't seem to be adverse to showing off a bit. See the fancy bird stand. And she pretty much brought up the idea of building something grander herself:

>>47010
> If it comes to the second, though, today is the day of Metal. Not the best for construction of anything on significant scales, but close. Earth would be better, of course, but if you choose to remain modest in building things you could likely construct a small, but adequate, house any day of the week. Provided, of course, your health is cooperative.

>>47358
> Today would be the best day for such an effort: you could likely craft a second castle if you wished, or make a smaller construction quite grand.
>> No. 47383
[x] Move the truck to the SDM. Reimu already said that she's not a storage depot.
[x] Afterwards, it's off to Eientei.
>> No. 47384
Daaaaw. What do frogs have to do with waiting until someone's guard is lowered?
>> No. 47385
[x] Move the truck to the SDM. Reimu already said that she's not a storage depot.
[x] Afterwards, it's off to Eientei.

>>47382
>if you wished

I do not believe Patchouli need something as impratical as a huge castle to live in for one or two (Koa).
>> No. 47386
[x] Move the truck to the SDM. Reimu already said that she's not a storage depot.
[x] Afterwards, it's off to Eientei.

I have to wonder if Patchy managed to unlock the Tewi route or if this is one of Tewi's pranks.
>> No. 47387
[x] Move the truck to the SDM. Reimu already said that she's not a storage depot.
[x] Afterwards, it's off to Eientei.
>> No. 47388
This is possibly a great segue to visit Rinnosuke/Kourindou and get rid of the truck for something else amusing. It's probably too simple for Nitori to care.
>> No. 47389
>>47388
What could possibly be more amusing than Tewi's happiness?
>> No. 47390
>>47389

Getting rid of it and getting something neat, then having Tewi give us sad eyes until we do something else to make up for it, naturally.

Unless we totally go do that "revisit that guy/girl" shit. Then keep that damn truck and fucking make their lives terrible.
>> No. 47391
>>47390

In other news, Patchouli becomes a troll!

[x] Move the truck to the SDM. Reimu already said that she's not a storage depot.
[x] Afterwards, it's off to Eientei.
>> No. 47393
[x] If the damaged stairs from when we came in are on this side, first fix them.
[x] Move the truck to the SDM. Reimu already said that she's not a storage depot. If Sukia would be helpful in this endeavor, mention that we may have the opportunity to procure a bottle or two of single malt in the not to distant future...
[x] Once there, ask Sakuya nicely if she can stow it someplace, at least until we can get rid of it.
[x] Afterwards, it's off to Eientei.
>> No. 47395
[x] Move the truck to the SDM. Reimu already said that she's not a storage depot.
[x] Afterwards, it's off to Eientei.

Maybe you can give the truck to Yukari?
>> No. 47396
>>47384
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_frog
>> No. 47397
[x] If the damaged stairs from when we came in are on this side, first fix them.
[x] Move the truck to the SDM. Reimu already said that she's not a storage depot. If Sukia would be helpful in this endeavor, mention that we may have the opportunity to procure a bottle or two of single malt in the not to distant future...
[x] Once there, ask Sakuya nicely if she can stow it someplace, at least until we can get rid of it.
-[x] That Kappa mechanic you heard of, Nitori, sound like a sure bet. You could get some major favors out of her for such a prize.
[x] Afterwards, it's off to Eientei.
>> No. 47398
File 131773820926.jpg- (57.31KB , 768x576 , fffffff-.jpg ) [iqdb]
47398
"I think I'll put this away first. It won't take more than a moment to craft a storage building for the vehicle itself, and then have Koakuma see about moving the contents to the Archive." You say, at the same time unfusing the rear doors.

"Sure thing." Tewi says, starting up the motor. You take a moment before hauling yourself into the passenger seat.

The drive down the steps is much more careful and slow than the drive up, but once you've reached the bottom and made a little distance from the stairs, fairies clouding up from nearby with interest, you make a portal to the mansion large enough to be driven through.

Tewi comes to an almost immediate halt on the other side, seeming rightfully wary of the heavy vehicle's tires ripping up the mansion's lawn. You're close enough to the side of the building that it doesn't matter though, and you're already climbing out before the engine has shut off. Wordlessly you alert Koa, and begin lifting and shifting earth and stone to form a shed, of sorts, to keep any weather that might occur off of it.

You stand awkwardly after finishing, and after a long moment, a frown crosses your face.

"Something wrong?" Tewi asks.

"... It's odd. Koakuma should have reported by now..." you say, before the reasons why she might not run through your mind. There's no chance of a surprise birthday or holiday party for you today, which more or less limits it to her wanting to try to ambush you at some point soon, or...

You rip her to your side. She's trussed up: not erotically, which rules out her having done it to herself, and gagged. You pull the cloth out of her mouth, already knowing full well what news she would relate.

"Marisa stopped by while you were out." She says, wings lying flat against her head with remorse at having been overcome by the black-white witch. "... She took a bunch of the new books, this time. They haven't had any spells put on them yet."

... You can barely think, for a moment, with your incoherent, incandescent fury. Tewi whistles.

"You know your eyes are glowing?" the rabbit remarks. "They do that often?"

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47399
[x] You're in no state to listen to Eirin with this on your mind right now. You are also very healthy today. Get back your books.
-[x]This could take time however... See if you can send a message to Eirin about this delay.
>> No. 47400
[x] You're in no state to listen to Eirin with this on your mind right now. You are also very healthy today. Get back your books.
-[x]This could take time however... See if you can send a message to Eirin about this delay.
-[x]Get Tewi to help out. An extra hand can go a long way.
>> No. 47403
[x] Calm down. Calm down. Calm down.
[x] Calmly instruct Koakuma to start unloading the truck.
[x] Calmly go see Eirin.

Remember when Eirin let go of her anger? Patchouli can do that too. She won't lose to anyone when it comes to being stoic!
>> No. 47405
>>47403
She let go because it wasn't something major and the fight was over anyway. You do remember what Tewi said Eirin would do if we put dirt in her sterile lab?
>> No. 47406
[x] You're in no state to listen to Eirin with this on your mind right now. You are also very healty today. Get back your books. [x]Thicouldtake time howev
>> No. 47407
>>47406
How the hell did that happen?
>> No. 47408
[x]Instruct Koa to start unloading the truck's contents to a secure location, and see if Tewi's willing to bring a message to Eirin. You're going to be a bit late because you have to pay Marisa a...

What was the word again?

Ah, right. Beating

You have to pay her a beating.

Better get on that.
>> No. 47409
[x]Instruct Koa to start unloading the truck's contents to a secure location, and see if Tewi's willing to bring a message to Eirin. You're going to be a bit late because you have to pay Marisa a...

What was the word again?

Ah, right. Beating

You have to pay her a beating.

Better get on that.


...inb4 Tewi offers to help.
>> No. 47410
[x] >>47409

Pretty much that, yeah.
>> No. 47412
File 131774288355.jpg- (930.16KB , 826x1169 , 4e11dc0df577612f44e074b1aa93b7d5.jpg ) [iqdb]
47412
Oh Marisa, you have fucked up. YOU HAVE FUCKED UP.
She has a new focus, feels better than ever and has a reliable partner. It's now or never.

[x] Go get your books back.
-[x] Ask Tewi if she could do you a personal favor: fight Marisa with all of her strength
-[x] In the meantime, enter her house, recover your books and steal all of her's. Then burn it to the ground (optional)
>> No. 47413
If Danmaku fails we can always cheat and unmake her house or something
>> No. 47414
You done Fucked up, Marisa.

[x] Go get your books back.
-[x] Ask Tewi if she could do you a personal favor: fight Marisa with all of her strength
-[x] The Black-White's going DOWN. Pull no punches. Enter her house, recover your books and steal all of her's. Raze everything she owns to get your point across(optional).
-[x] Follow this up with a level-five old-school BEATDOWN.
>> No. 47415
[X]Get back your books.

No distractions, no asking for help. Those books are overdue and we're coming to collect.

Marisa may well beat us even now but it should be an awesome fight even so and we might be able to get the books back anyway.
>> No. 47416
>>47415
Take chances? Use less than all of our resouraces available? Accepting defeat as a possibility? That's not the Patchouli I know.
>> No. 47417
[x] Go get your books back.
-[x] Ask Tewi if she could do you a personal favor: fight Marisa with all of her strength
-[x] The Black-White's going DOWN. Pull no punches. Enter her house, recover your books and steal all of her's. Raze everything she owns to get your point across(optional).
-[x] Follow this up with a level-five old-school BEATDOWN.
-[x] If given the chance, take her Mini-Hakkero. Let's see how she like it.
>> No. 47418
[x]The Black-White already had enough time with the book to recognize how low grade the magic they're treating is. Go knock on her door and ask them back.
>> No. 47419
>>47418

It's the principle of the thing. Patchy gets annoyed enough when the black-white steals her books. Now? Marisa just beat up Koakuma and stole Patchouli's new books. Now it's PERSONAL.
>> No. 47420
>>47419
Does Patchy really need to get mad? Perhaps she should let go of tradition, change for the better, and usher in a new spirit of cooperation and comraderie among Gensokyo magicians.
>> No. 47421
>>47416
Patchouli has fought her before and possibly observed her fighting in the underground so she should have some new tricks up her sleeve for dealing with Marisa, plus she's at a Royal Flare/Philosopher's Stone level of health today so she should have a pretty good shot at it.
I just don't think she'd ask for help to get her books back, so far she doesn't seem like that's really something she'd consider. If Tewi offers to help then sure.

The accepting the possibility of defeat is just me talking.
>> No. 47422
This situation seems familiar... only fitting to use a similar vote from that time.

[x]BLOOD AND THUNDER
[x] Go get your books back.
-[x] Ask Tewi if she could do you a personal favor: fight Marisa with all of her strength
-[x] The Black-White's going DOWN. Pull no punches. Enter her house, recover your books and steal all of her's.
>> No. 47423
>>47419
For other people it'd be personal, but I'm given to believe this sort of thing is routine for Patchy. No need for BLOOD AND THUNDER here, leave that sort of thing to Wizanon.
>> No. 47424
>>47423
Ah but this time Marisa actually stole UNPROTECTED books, meaning that we didn't even had the time to even so much at glance at their pages yet. That make all the difference.
>> No. 47425
>>47424
She stole the stuff we bought at Diagon Alley. All in all there's only stuff we already know or that are plain wrong in there. Patchy doesn't go volcanic every time Marisa pilfer a useful book, no need to explode over those.

[x]The Black-White already had enough time with the book to recognize how low grade the magic they're treating is. Go knock on her door and ask them back.
[x]If she doesn't already does so, ask Tewi to come with us. Additionnal firepower could be helpful.
>> No. 47427
[X]Get back your books.
>> No. 47428
>>47424
Meant more in a sense that she'll force herself to calm down before going in. Besides, the fact that they haven't been enchanted yet means she'd run the risk of wrecking them if she went in guns blazing.

And yeah, worse comes to worse she can just buy more, there aren't what one would call particularly rare tomes. I'm almost tempted to just say for her to keep them if she snagged the Lockheart books, but it's the principle of the thing, I suppose.
>> No. 47429
File 131775699913.jpg- (368.69KB , 850x992 , sample_3612b9ab57b6144d220252c9b70f5e394000d45d.jpg ) [iqdb]
47429
"No." You say, almost calmly, through grit teeth. "It is not common. It only happens when I am contemplating murder."

"Witch went a little too far this time, huh." Tewi says sympathetically. "Keep in mind though, there'll be some consequences if you actually kill her."

"Noted." You say, as blades whisk out of nothingness to cut the restraints on Koa. "I'll restrain myself to beating her nearly to death. Koakuma, begin unloading and securing the cargo, here. Tewi... come along if you wish, or alert Eirin that I may be slightly late to arrive, as you please.

"Might just watch. This ought to be good." Tewi says, grinning.

You rip a portal open and step through to the clearing surrounding the black-white's shack, serving as both home and business location. There is smoke trailing from the chimney, so she is clearly home. You decide to knock calmly, or something to that effect, by creating and launching a boulder, the size of her house, at her house.

An arm snakes out of a window, octagonal box in hand, and Marisa has blasted the stone into a cloud of free-floating dust. It's only a few moments more before she steps out of hiding, fully dressed but with a towel wrapped around her head rather than her normal hat, and a very soggy book in hand, you are going to extract her intestines through her nostrils though you can make out the warped and distorted image of Lockheart on the cover, so it's not quite as huge a tragedy as it could have been.

"Heey, Patchy." She calls, infuriatingly familiarly. "I wanna complain. You're slipping on the waterproofing, this one got absolutely wrecked because of that."

"I had not enchanted it yet." You say calmly, the edges of your vision seeming to fade into red for a moment before you force the fury back down to manageable levels. "Because it was a new addition. I had purchased it less than a week ago."

"Huh." Marisa says, consideringly. "Guess you'll have to buy it again, then."

You cannot find the words to speak, just now, but allow your magic to declare your state of mind as you rip the earth upwards, forming into a pair of oversized stone golems.

"Hey, those are a little out of bounds, aren't they?" Marisa states dubiously.

"There is precedent for use of constructs." You say, having managed to regain control of your tongue. "Regarding Margatroid, I believe. I had a look at her Goliath, at one point, and neither of these are quite as large."

You are still manipulating the earth, though she doesn't seem to notice.

"Yeah, but there's two of them, and I'm pretty sure you're going to join in yourself." Marisa points out, as though that will change anything.

"Something you should have considered before robbing me. This is the last straw." You nearly snarl. "Besides. They have already done a more than adequate job of distracting you from the smaller ones."

"The wh-" Marisa says, as stone hands rip out from the earth beneath her, and she is suddenly embroiled in close quarters combat.

You have no intention of just leaving it at that, though, as this is still far too close to a fair fight for your preferences. You lay hands on the larger golems, mind flipping through languages to use for the summoning. Greek will do, you decide.

"I, the summoner, step forth and humbly beseech. With vessels prepared and task at hand, I call out. Come forth to battle, Gigantes, children of Heaven and Earth."

"Non-Directional Laser!" Marisa declares, and your vision goes white for a moment. Not just from the irritation of Marisa using the spell card she all but stole from you directly, but also from the glare of the lasers themselves. When the light dies down, the small golems are all broken and scattered from the assault, having been blasted through like the simple earth they are.

The large ones are barely scorched, their heads now glowing with eerie light from where 'eyes' and 'a mouth' should be, and they speak.

"We, the summoned, step forth at thy bidding, filling vessel set before us." they say in tandem, voices echoing around each other. "Children of Heaven and Earth, slain at heroes hand, dwelling forevermore in the Asphodel Fields. For boredom's release, do we submit ourselves to your call. I, Porphyrion-"

"-And I, Alcyoneus-"

"-Am prepared to serve your will."


"That is not at all intimidating!" Marisa lies at the top of her lungs, meeting the battle in earnest now.

The next few minutes are a whirl of heavy, crushing attacks and exchanged spells. Marisa's key focus in battle, however, is the concept of 'overwhelming offense', relying on blasting the enemy as much as possible before they can retaliate. When forced on the defensive, she is not as formidable, and tires steadily. In addition, the golems, now inhabited and controlled directly by long dead Greek giants, are good for defense but are more primarily defense-oriented. Either can take one of Marisa's Sparks... well, not 'without flinching', but not with damage heavy enough to do more than limit them somewhat. It would take at least five consecutive blasts, you estimate, to bring one down.

Even with the witch under your own fire, given that the golems are primarily your defense, sturdy shields that are there to take hits, it became apparent rapidly through the fight that Marisa could manage this feat. Had there only been one, she would almost certainly have managed to destroy it, and thereafter even stand a reasonable, though not particularly large, chance of victory.

With two, however, making a point of switching off which takes the big shots, she eventually begins to tire, just enough for a glancing hit to get through and send her spinning. Right directly into your High-Level Rage Trilithon.

She slumps face first into the ground, heavily battered, after that, and much of your fury leaves you. Tewi's laughter and casual clapping sounds from nearby, and the enhanced golems await your command, or dismissal of the inhabiting spirits. You are somewhat tired from your efforts, yourself.

---

Yeah, that time again. Koa Korner inbound, etc.
>> No. 47431
I still wanna vote.

[x] Take all the books from the house and transport them to your library.
-[x](If possible) Bound Marisa with a Geas "Do not steal from the Scarlet Devil Mansion"
-[x] See if you can savage some of the ruined books.
>> No. 47432
[x] Retrieve your belonging and "liberate" some of Marisa's, broom and Mini-Hakkero are a priority.
[x] Raze her house to the ground.
>> No. 47433
[x] Take all the books from the house and transport them to your library.
-[x](If possible) Bound Marisa with a Geas "Do not steal from the Scarlet Devil Mansion"
- - [x]Etch the Geas into her skull, leaving a bald spot from the scars. Only give her minimal bandaging, no pain killer.
-[x] See if you can savage some of the ruined books.
>> No. 47434
[x] Take her to Eirin for medical treatment.

Patchy is not a heartless bitch.
>> No. 47435
[X]Retrieve any of our own books we can find.

No need to go overkill, we already beat her.
Perhaps something to teach her a lesson.
>> No. 47436
>>47434
I dunno. how is that worse then what Marisa do on a regular basis ?

Marisa regularly attack the SDM, killing the maids by the score, damaging corridor and the library itself, making a complete mess of the place and stealing whatever catch her eye. While laughing her ass off the entire way and never expressing any remorses over her actions. She consider it her RIGHT because she is better at danmaku.

Well, look like she got defeated today. By using Marisa's own logic, that basically mean we can do whatever we want with her stuff.

An eye for an eye.
>> No. 47438
>>47436
Well, as far as the stealing goes, I agree. As for the killing and destruction of property though, that's just something that happens in the process of the stealing.
More reckless disregard than actual malice. The fairies do respawn none the worse for wear after all.
>> No. 47439
You lost me. How does not being a thief prevent Patchy from taking revenge ? Mage are a rather vengeful lot when angered.

And please, don't tell me Patchy is too nice to do it. That's complete fanon.
>> No. 47440
[x] Retrieve any of our own books we can find.

>>47436
The difference is that Marisa is a thief, Patchouli isn't. Note that other people who Marisa has stolen from might be less than enthused if they can't get their stuff back from Marisa at some point in time. After all, Marisa's reasoning is that she is human and has a shorter life span than Youkai, so she just "borrows" things until she dies.
>> No. 47441
>>47436
Marisa did not beat Koakuma unconscious, nor did she leave her face-down in the dirt with possibly life-threatening injuries. She defeated her and tied her up. Patchouli went overboard and should make amends.

Marisa's frail human body aside, you're absolutely right that Patchouli should do as she likes with Marisa's things.
>> No. 47443
[x] Retrieve any of your own books we can find.
-[x] Once you're done, go see Eirin.

I agree to not lower ourselves to Marisa's level. Beside, too much provocation and she'll attack again very soon, probably while we're busy making the golems and ruin our work in revenge.

>>47440
Patchouli has no personnal reason to help Marisa, not after so many thefts and she know she can't kill Marisa, so I very much doubt her injuries are anywhere near critical.

Make amends? Good one. Think Marisa stayed around to help Patchouli when she won? Keep in mind Patchouli is far from always healthy like today.
>> No. 47444
We should at least take her Mini-Hakkero as "payment" for the damage she did to our possession, that'll seriously cramp her style.

We'll give it back to her if she agree to apologies/make amend and to NEVER steal from us again. That way it serve the dual purpose of getting her off our back and make her experience what it feels like to be robbed. maybe it'll give her some perspective. Maybe.
>> No. 47445
Take books, take mini-hakkero thing back, suitable punishment as everything was originally ours and Marisa loses power because of it. And we're not being assholes about it.

HOORAY.
>> No. 47446
>>47443
I don't think Marisa is so cold-hearted that her reaction to a severe fit from Patchouli is "Oh goodie, I can steal more books while Patchouli coughs herself to death!" Maybe I'm wrong about this Marisa. I hope not.
>> No. 47447
File 131776509118.png- (280.76KB , 612x837 , eccce35f553127aa6be33cee6dc085e5cecf5153.png ) [iqdb]
47447
And here we are once more. Let's see what we have this time... Hm, there doesn't seem to be much, most is self explanatory. Well, there's still some.

Voile Archive Entrances- To this, the exact number is sort of variable, aside from the main entry to the rest of the mansion, and the only firm answer that can be given is 'enough'. Unless Marisa shows up. Then it's 'entirely too many', even if that's the only one available at the time.

Hot Springs- You actually feel a little refreshed from this. Which is unusual, because hot water normally has hardly any effect on you, and you have tried hot springs before, to equally little effect. Possibly there's some odd effect from the source of the spring's heat. You feel you might be a little healthier than you normally would, tomorrow. Of course, if you intend to use the spring regularly, you suppose you will have to either become very friendly with the shrine maiden, or be ready to start paying for the privilege, once she catches on to your interests.

The Shrine- This is the interesting one. Where normally things are either 'inside' or 'outside' the Barrier, the Hakurei Shrine is, at the same time, both. And equally, neither. To draw a parallel: there is a house and a lawn. If the front door is opened, and you step into it and stop, without passing all the way through, where are you? You aren't inside the house. At the same time, you aren't quite outside either. This is, putting it simplistically and crudely, how the shrine works: the 'door' between inside and outside. If you don't intend to damage the Barrier, you should be sure to at least have cleared the base of the steps to the shrine before making any portals.

Geas- You don't know how to make one of these, offhand, as you aren't interested in the spell. In addition, no physical contact is necessary at all for such things, as you recall, and so mutilation, permanent for humans, would be considered quite an extreme retaliation and possibly leave her with a reasonably legitimate grievance to bring to bear against you with the Shrine Priestess. Who you recall is a close friend of hers, and already seems to more or less overlook her myriad petty thefts as inconsequential, so long as it isn't her she is stealing from. This would be especially bad if it is the sort of geas which instantly kills the person it is placed upon if they meet the conditions, as that would almost certainly be considered a direct and premeditated murder attempt. Besides, there are almost definitely more creative means of petty vengeance, now that your rage has cooled over somewhat in victory. Less likely to draw ire from others, as well.

Fairies- They do tend to fall by the cloud-full whenever Marisa visits. Of course, they also tend to die in droves whenever Remilia is bored, or Flandre wanders through more-traveled portions of the mansion, or you require test subjects for a new spellcard. It's not like they're particularly bothered about dying, either, as they're generally allowed to be a little late reporting in for their duties the next morning when it happens.

Giants- It seems like Heracles killed these guys. Thus far, that's probably all that's interesting about them.

And that's about it, it seems. Until next time~
>> No. 47448
> be ready to start paying for the privilege, once she catches on to your interests.
That might just be worth it. I wonder if hot springs and luck bonus stack...
>> No. 47451
New thread >>47449


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x