[Return]
Archived Thread
File 131776755028.jpg - (700.78KB , 700x1225 , 94f0c1080327403f12858fc3d074cc0e00edd291.jpg ) [iqdb]
47449 No. 47449
You are Patchouli Knowledge, a physically frail and sickly magician of profound aptitude and power. You live in the Voile Archives of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, though it seems like a temporary relocation is in your near future. You are Friends with Remilia, the vampire who owns the mansion, who considers it entirely too much effort to try to feed off you. Your Magical Potency varies somewhat from day to day, depending on how long of an incantation you can manage before breaking off into a fit of coughs, and how much strain your body can handle in addition to the rigors of illness. You currently have two vials of Medication to offset the worst of the days, however, though it will later exact a toll, and your new Magical Focus eases use of magic to a significant degree. It seems that Luck can play a reasonable part in keeping yourself healthy, and you have a good feeling about your recent use of the Hakurei Hot Spring.

Your magic is based on Elementalism primarily, though you are also skilled in Diabolism and Other Summonings, which can be surprisingly versatile, particularly in combination with Golems. You recall that you used to be able to make Homunculi, but will have to refresh your memory on the exact details of 'how' before you can do so again.

Recently, you have spent much of a pleasant day with Tewi, who seems to have extensive less-than-legal connections Outside the Barrier. She paid for your food and bought you clothes, as well as arranging a Business Transaction with the Yakuza then later, after tormenting a young man with what seems to be more money than sense, enjoyed a soak with you, Suika, and Reimu in the Hakurei Hot Spring. You are uncertain of her exact intentions regarding you.

Upon returning to the mansion, however, you discovered that Marisa had paid a visit, and helped herself to your newest books. You decided you had had enough of that. Shortly thereafter, you started a fight with Marisa, involving a number of golems, two fairly large ones, and the summoned spirits of two Ancient Greek Giants. They still currently inhabit the large golems, though they may be dismissed at your will.

The end result has left Marisa unconscious before you.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47452
[x]Fetch the books and bring them back to the library, dismiss the golems once you're clear.
-[x]Once done with the above, go have that chat with Eirin.
--[x]Take Marisa as well, but leave her broom and her assorted spellcasting tools back at her hut, she gets to either beg a ride back or walk.
>> No. 47453
[x] Retrieve books and send them home.
[x] Off to Eirin.

Clean and simple. Actually, after the hot springs, did we dress in our regular outfit again? Imagining Patche beat up Marisa in that uniform like thing give me quite the image. Thinking of it, what was that other outfit we got?
>> No. 47455
[x] Dismiss the golems.
[x] Send back to the library any of your own books you can find.
[x] Once you're done, go see Eirin.

I refuse to have Patchouli lower herself to Marisa's level. Besides, she may bug or bribe Reimu to get the Hakero back for her.

That and it's not the time to start a war with Marisa when we need two full days for the golems.
>> No. 47456
[x]Fetch the books and bring them back to the library, dismiss the golems once you're clear.
-[x]Once done with the above, go have that chat with Eirin.
--[x]Take Marisa as well, but leave her broom and her assorted spellcasting tools back at her hut, she gets to either beg a ride back or walk.

This is a nice balance between fucking over Marisa and helping her.
>> No. 47457
[x] If there is a chance she will come to soon, truss Marisa up similarly how she had tied up Koakuma. You don't want her causing a mess as soon as she wakes up.
[x] Confiscate Marisa's mini-Hakkero. While she is still an annoyance without it, its loss will at least keep her from being able to Master Spark her way back into your library right away. You can always return it later, once you have finished your preparations -- or the impossible happens and she somehow redeems herself.
- [x] Once you've taken a look at it yourself, see if Sakuya wants to use it as a fondu burner or something.
- [x] If Marisa demands it back, imply that you are have already or are planning on giving it to someone else who might be interested in it. If she is on a wild goose chase looking for her toy, it means she is out of your hair for the time being. The kappa and that sunflower youkai immediately spring to mind.
[x] Retrieve all your books she has collected.
[x] Also grab Marisa's own (no doubt unique) magical notes. You do collect those sorts of things just as avidly as published books. Not to mention it might be amusing to hit her with one of her own spellcards next time you fight, for a change. She can have them back as well, once you have made copies and she has calmed down. You aren't a habitual thief, after all.
[x] Take Marisa to Eirin. You're headed there next anyway. And having her wake up already owing the Lunarian for healing is probably just as much a revenge as leaving here here.
>> No. 47458
You know, those spirits seemed pretty bored. Why don't we take them along with us to Eirin's? They're probably enjoying being out of the house right now and might like a nice chat.

[x] Take the giants with you to Eirin's.
>> No. 47459
>>47457

Full of win.

>>47458

If we're going to keep them around, maybe bind them into the two of the golems? Their size is something of a detriment to typical actions right now.
>> No. 47460
[x]Fetch the books and bring them back to the library, dismiss the golems once you're clear.
-[x]Once done with the above, go have that chat with Eirin.
--[x]Take Marisa as well, but leave her broom and her assorted spellcasting tools back at her hut, she gets to either beg a ride back or walk.

'Bout time she got to repossessing.
>> No. 47461
From last thread...

>are good for defense but are more primarily defense-oriented.

Shouldn't first 'defense' be offense maybe?
>> No. 47462
>>47459
Good idea. We should ask them if they mind inhabiting lesser bodies first, naturally. They're people and should be treated with respect!
>> No. 47466
[x] If there is a chance she will come to soon, truss Marisa up similarly how she had tied up Koakuma. You don't want her causing a mess as soon as she wakes up.
[x] Confiscate Marisa's mini-Hakkero. While she is still an annoyance without it, its loss will at least keep her from being able to Master Spark her way back into your library right away. You can always return it later, once you have finished your preparations -- or the impossible happens and she somehow redeems herself.
- [x] Once you've taken a look at it yourself, see if Sakuya wants to use it as a fondu burner or something.
- [x] If Marisa demands it back, imply that you are have already or are planning on giving it to someone else who might be interested in it. If she is on a wild goose chase looking for her toy, it means she is out of your hair for the time being. The kappa and that sunflower youkai immediately spring to mind.
[x] Retrieve all your books she has collected.
[x] Also grab Marisa's own (no doubt unique) magical notes. You do collect those sorts of things just as avidly as published books. Not to mention it might be amusing to hit her with one of her own spellcards next time you fight, for a change. She can have them back as well, once you have made copies and she has calmed down. You aren't a habitual thief, after all.
[x] Take Marisa to Eirin. You're headed there next anyway. And having her wake up already owing the Lunarian for healing is probably just as much a revenge as leaving here here.

This cover everything I want without portraying Patchy as being a complete utter bitch. Perfect.
>> No. 47467
[x] Ask Tewi if she wish to keep the truck. If not, sell it to Nitori in exchange for favors.

I'm not letting that one go.
>> No. 47470
>>47457
>>47466

Once again, I must state: We need two full days to craft Yukari's golems. That means we must minimize the chances of being forcibly interrupted. This all but make sure Marisa or possibly Reimu will visit. And with either of them, there's a chance for them to ruin the work in progress.
>> No. 47471
[x]Fetch the books and bring them back to the library, dismiss the golems once you're clear.
-[x]Once done with the above, go have that chat with Eirin.
--[x]Take Marisa as well, but leave her broom and her assorted spellcasting tools back at her hut, she gets to either beg a ride back or walk.

>>47466

Let's not give Marisa a reason to start invading us all the damn time, just because we took away the rat's claws doesn't mean she doesn't have teeth and friends.
>> No. 47472
[X] Open a portal to Mexico in the outside world.
--[X] Toss Marisa through.
>> No. 47473
[x] Dismiss the golems.
[x] Send back to the library any of your own books you can find.
[x] Once you're done, go see Eirin.
>> No. 47474
>>47472
Those poor, poor Mexican drug cartels. What did they ever do to you?
>> No. 47475
[x]Fetch the books and bring them back to the library, dismiss the golems once you're clear.
-[x]Once done with the above, go have that chat with Eirin.
--[x]Take Marisa as well, but leave her broom and her assorted spellcasting tools back at her hut, she gets to either beg a ride back or walk.
--[x]Send the Golems to the Scarlet Devil Mansion, They can guard your books when you are gone.
>> No. 47476
[x] If there is a chance she will come to soon, truss Marisa up similarly how she had tied up Koakuma. You don't want her causing a mess as soon as she wakes up.
[x] Confiscate Marisa's mini-Hakkero. While she is still an annoyance without it, its loss will at least keep her from being able to Master Spark her way back into your library right away. You can always return it later, once you have finished your preparations -- or the impossible happens and she somehow redeems herself.
- [x] Once you've taken a look at it yourself, see if Sakuya wants to use it as a fondu burner or something.
- [x] If Marisa demands it back, imply that you are have already or are planning on giving it to someone else who might be interested in it. If she is on a wild goose chase looking for her toy, it means she is out of your hair for the time being. The kappa and that sunflower youkai immediately spring to mind.
[x] Retrieve all your books she has collected.
[x] Also grab Marisa's own (no doubt unique) magical notes. You do collect those sorts of things just as avidly as published books. Not to mention it might be amusing to hit her with one of her own spellcards next time you fight, for a change. She can have them back as well, once you have made copies and she has calmed down. You aren't a habitual thief, after all.
[x] Take Marisa to Eirin. You're headed there next anyway. And having her wake up already owing the Lunarian for healing is probably just as much a revenge as leaving here here.
>> No. 47480
[x] If there is a chance she will come to soon, truss Marisa up similarly how she had tied up Koakuma. You don't want her causing a mess as soon as she wakes up.
[x] Confiscate Marisa's mini-Hakkero. While she is still an annoyance without it, its loss will at least keep her from being able to Master Spark her way back into your library right away. You can always return it later, once you have finished your preparations -- or the impossible happens and she somehow redeems herself.
- [x] Once you've taken a look at it yourself, see if Sakuya wants to use it as a fondu burner or something.
- [x] If Marisa demands it back, imply that you are have already or are planning on giving it to someone else who might be interested in it. If she is on a wild goose chase looking for her toy, it means she is out of your hair for the time being. The kappa and that sunflower youkai immediately spring to mind.
[x] Retrieve all your books she has collected.
[x] Also grab Marisa's own (no doubt unique) magical notes. You do collect those sorts of things just as avidly as published books. Not to mention it might be amusing to hit her with one of her own spellcards next time you fight, for a change. She can have them back as well, once you have made copies and she has calmed down. You aren't a habitual thief, after all.
[x] Take Marisa to Eirin. You're headed there next anyway. And having her wake up already owing the Lunarian for healing is probably just as much a revenge as leaving here here.
>> No. 47481
[x] If there is a chance she will come to soon, truss Marisa up similarly how she had tied up Koakuma. You don't want her causing a mess as soon as she wakes up.
[x] Confiscate Marisa's mini-Hakkero. While she is still an annoyance without it, its loss will at least keep her from being able to Master Spark her way back into your library right away. You can always return it later, once you have finished your preparations -- or the impossible happens and she somehow redeems herself.
- [x] Once you've taken a look at it yourself, see if Sakuya wants to use it as a fondu burner or something.
- [x] If Marisa demands it back, imply that you are have already or are planning on giving it to someone else who might be interested in it. If she is on a wild goose chase looking for her toy, it means she is out of your hair for the time being. The kappa and that sunflower youkai immediately spring to mind.
[x] Retrieve all your books she has collected.
[x] Also grab Marisa's own (no doubt unique) magical notes. You do collect those sorts of things just as avidly as published books. Not to mention it might be amusing to hit her with one of her own spellcards next time you fight, for a change. She can have them back as well, once you have made copies and she has calmed down. You aren't a habitual thief, after all.
[x] Take Marisa to Eirin. You're headed there next anyway. And having her wake up already owing the Lunarian for healing is probably just as much a revenge as leaving here here.

May I add that /th/'s Wizanon's visit began roughly the same epic way?
"Knock knock!!"
I love you for reminding me of that moment.
>> No. 47482
[x]Fetch the books and bring them back to the library, dismiss the golems once you're clear.
-[x]Once done with the above, go have that chat with Eirin.
--[x]Take Marisa as well, but leave her broom and her assorted spellcasting tools back at her hut, she gets to either beg a ride back or walk.
>> No. 47483
[x]Fetch the books and bring them back to the library, dismiss the golems once you're clear.
-[x]Once done with the above, go have that chat with Eirin.
--[x]Take Marisa as well, but leave her broom and her assorted spellcasting tools back at her hut, she gets to either beg a ride back or walk.

Personally I'd rather just inconvenience Marisa than piss her off, even if she deserves it.

I wonder if Patchy's ever just tried asking her nicely not to touch certain books?
>> No. 47484
>>47483

Are you serious? This is MARISA we're talking about. She steals from everyone, and if someone nicely asks for their stuff back, she blasts them back out the door without remorse. She deserves every bit of punishment listed so far.

[x] If there is a chance she will come to soon, truss Marisa up similarly how she had tied up Koakuma. You don't want her causing a mess as soon as she wakes up.
[x] Confiscate Marisa's mini-Hakkero. While she is still an annoyance without it, its loss will at least keep her from being able to Master Spark her way back into your library right away. You can always return it later, once you have finished your preparations -- or the impossible happens and she somehow redeems herself.
- [x] Once you've taken a look at it yourself, see if Sakuya wants to use it as a fondu burner or something.
- [x] If Marisa demands it back, imply that you are have already or are planning on giving it to someone else who might be interested in it. If she is on a wild goose chase looking for her toy, it means she is out of your hair for the time being. The kappa and that sunflower youkai immediately spring to mind.
[x] Retrieve all your books she has collected.
[x] Also grab Marisa's own (no doubt unique) magical notes. You do collect those sorts of things just as avidly as published books. Not to mention it might be amusing to hit her with one of her own spellcards next time you fight, for a change. She can have them back as well, once you have made copies and she has calmed down. You aren't a habitual thief, after all.
[x] Take Marisa to Eirin. You're headed there next anyway. And having her wake up already owing the Lunarian for healing is probably just as much a revenge as leaving here here.
>> No. 47485
Koa: Geas don't physically harm the person. They only damage her, slowly, if she resists. Besides, open ended options like (don't steal my books) only last a month or so. Quests like "Retrieve X from Y" last undefinitely, unless impossible. Also, they can't force the receiver to do anything that could kill or harm them directly.
>> No. 47486
[x] If there is a chance she will come to soon, truss Marisa up similarly how she had tied up Koakuma. You don't want her causing a mess as soon as she wakes up.
[x] Confiscate Marisa's mini-Hakkero. While she is still an annoyance without it, its loss will at least keep her from being able to Master Spark her way back into your library right away. You can always return it later, once you have finished your preparations -- or the impossible happens and she somehow redeems herself.
- [x] Once you've taken a look at it yourself, see if Sakuya wants to use it as a fondu burner or something.
- [x] If Marisa demands it back, imply that you are have already or are planning on giving it to someone else who might be interested in it. If she is on a wild goose chase looking for her toy, it means she is out of your hair for the time being. The kappa and that sunflower youkai immediately spring to mind.
[x] Retrieve all your books she has collected.
[x] Also grab Marisa's own (no doubt unique) magical notes. You do collect those sorts of things just as avidly as published books. Not to mention it might be amusing to hit her with one of her own spellcards next time you fight, for a change. She can have them back as well, once you have made copies and she has calmed down. You aren't a habitual thief, after all.

Adding option for golems:
[x]Ask them if that killed their boredom.
-[x] Dismiss them.
>> No. 47488
>>47486
What's that, giants? You aren't bored anymore? Well, toooooooo bad! Back to boredom for you!

Honestly, if you aren't going to consider their wishes, why bother talking to them at all? It's patronizing! It's infuriating! They deserve better!
>> No. 47489
[x] If there is a chance she will come to soon, truss Marisa up similarly how she had tied up Koakuma. You don't want her causing a mess as soon as she wakes up.
[x] Confiscate Marisa's mini-Hakkero. While she is still an annoyance without it, its loss will at least keep her from being able to Master Spark her way back into your library right away. You can always return it later, once you have finished your preparations -- or the impossible happens and she somehow redeems herself.
- [x] Once you've taken a look at it yourself, see if Sakuya wants to use it as a fondu burner or something.
- [x] If Marisa demands it back, imply that you are have already or are planning on giving it to someone else who might be interested in it. If she is on a wild goose chase looking for her toy, it means she is out of your hair for the time being. The kappa and that sunflower youkai immediately spring to mind.
[x] Retrieve all your books she has collected.
[x] Also grab Marisa's own (no doubt unique) magical notes. You do collect those sorts of things just as avidly as published books. Not to mention it might be amusing to hit her with one of her own spellcards next time you fight, for a change. She can have them back as well, once you have made copies and she has calmed down. You aren't a habitual thief, after all.
>> No. 47490
Patchy needs to talk to Reimu. Tell her exactly what happened, and that Marisa is only wounded and humiliated. Patchouli knows that the black-white and the red-white are friends: She doesn't need the black-white on her tail.

[x] If there is a chance she will come to soon, truss Marisa up similarly how she had tied up Koakuma. You don't want her causing a mess as soon as she wakes up.
[x] Confiscate Marisa's mini-Hakkero. While she is still an annoyance without it, its loss will at least keep her from being able to Master Spark her way back into your library right away. You can always return it later, once you have finished your preparations -- or the impossible happens and she somehow redeems herself.
- [x] Once you've taken a look at it yourself, see if Sakuya wants to use it as a fondu burner or something.
- [x] If Marisa demands it back, imply that you are have already or are planning on giving it to someone else who might be interested in it. If she is on a wild goose chase looking for her toy, it means she is out of your hair for the time being. The kappa and that sunflower youkai immediately spring to mind.
[x] Retrieve all your books she has collected.
[x] Also grab Marisa's own (no doubt unique) magical notes. You do collect those sorts of things just as avidly as published books. Not to mention it might be amusing to hit her with one of her own spellcards next time you fight, for a change. She can have them back as well, once you have made copies and she has calmed down. You aren't a habitual thief, after all.
>> No. 47491
>>47490
And yet you guys are trying to ensure Marisa will harass us. No offense, but I really hope Kahi will reject this.
>> No. 47492
I am not willing to just let Marisa get a free pass. Not anymore. this is one of the aspect of her character that annoy me most. She never has to pay for her mistake.

As for harassment, it can't be worse then her usual random attack on the library. Actually, she'll be far easier to deal with without her power source.
>> No. 47494
>>47492
Once again, the problem: We need her to NOT show up at all. While the Hakkero is needed for the sparks, remember she still has many spellcards that don't use it.
>> No. 47495
>>47491

I meant the red-white. My bad.

>>47494

No sparking means that the next time she invades it will be far easier to shoo her off.

>>47492

Seconded.
>> No. 47497
>>47495
That. Is. Not. The. Damn. Point.

How many time do I need to repeat myself? It's not about how easier Marisa will be to deal with. It's that if Marisa or Reimu drop on us while we work on the golems, there's a good chance our work could be targeted and destroyed. Even more if Reimu's instinct tell her that she really don't want to see those golems completed.
>> No. 47498
Is there any possible idea for throwing off suspicion? I'm getting a headache coming up with one.

[x] If there is a chance she will come to soon, truss Marisa up similarly how she had tied up Koakuma. You don't want her causing a mess as soon as she wakes up.
[x] Confiscate Marisa's mini-Hakkero. While she is still an annoyance without it, its loss will at least keep her from being able to Master Spark her way back into your library right away. You can always return it later, once you have finished your preparations -- or the impossible happens and she somehow redeems herself.
- [x] Once you've taken a look at it yourself, see if Sakuya wants to use it as a fondu burner or something.
- [x] If Marisa demands it back, imply that you are have already or are planning on giving it to someone else who might be interested in it. If she is on a wild goose chase looking for her toy, it means she is out of your hair for the time being. The kappa and that sunflower youkai immediately spring to mind.
[x] Retrieve all your books she has collected.
[x] Also grab Marisa's own (no doubt unique) magical notes. You do collect those sorts of things just as avidly as published books. Not to mention it might be amusing to hit her with one of her own spellcards next time you fight, for a change. She can have them back as well, once you have made copies and she has calmed down. You aren't a habitual thief, after all.
[x] Take Marisa to Eirin. You're headed there next anyway. And having her wake up already owing the Lunarian for healing is probably just as much a revenge as leaving here here.
>> No. 47499
[x] If there is a chance she will come to soon, truss Marisa up similarly how she had tied up Koakuma. You don't want her causing a mess as soon as she wakes up.
- [x] let Koakuma take care of this, if Marisa ends up tied in a slightly more embarrassing manner, it is not your problem.
[x] Confiscate Marisa's mini-Hakkero. While she is still an annoyance without it, its loss will at least keep her from being able to Master Spark her way back into your library right away. You can always return it later, once you have finished your preparations -- or the impossible happens and she somehow redeems herself.
- [x] If you do return it, place a spirit/curse in it that will prevent it from benign used to attack the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
>> No. 47500
File 131782602568.png- (50.56KB , 736x492 , NotSureIf.png ) [iqdb]
47500
>>47485

I direct you to Cu Chulainn. Geas set upon him- Never eat dog meat. However, records vary as to 'why', but there was either a second Geas, compelling him not to refuse hospitality, a Geas on all of Ireland to the same effect, or just a heavily ingrained social pressure. In any case, upon breaking the Geas, it was only a brief time before his death, in a battle which he would have won had he not been so drastically weakened.

The direct definition of Geas- a magical bond, taboo, or prohibition, the breaking of which will lead to grave misfortune and/or death. They are usually placed upon people at birth, by a Druid.

In any case, you are correct that the sort which instantly kill over infractions are not the only kind, and not at all common to use, but in any case a broken geas very often does lead to death. And they are indefinite when open ended: see Cu Chulainn's prohibition against dog meat once more, among several other notable examples. You are correct that geas-bound quests last indefinitely, or until completed, but the magic cares nothing as to whether the goal is actually possible to fulfill, only that you continue to strive toward it. And of course, you are not forced to place yourself in harms way. If not doing so would break the geas, however, and the harm is relatively minor, it is often the better option. And especially unfortunate are cases where two geas placed upon the same person prove contradictory, and in order to keep to the bounds of one, they have no choice but to break the other, and vice versa.
>> No. 47501
>>47497
The problem here is that this isn't an Incident. Reimu has no right to attack us that way. The duty of the Hakurei Miko is to preserve the peace between human and youkai. Preserve the statue quo in other words. If she was to attack us out of favoritism toward Marisa, a human...that could open quite the can of worms.
>> No. 47506
>>47501
Because Reimu never attacked anyone outside of Incidents for lesser excuses, suuuuuuure.... Pretty sure she'll do it if Marisa annoy her enough about it to have Marisa stop it.

Even without Reimu, Marisa will take it personnal and be more driven to mess with our stuff. I seriously wonder why some try their hardest to have Marisa crash in the next day, if not this night.
>> No. 47507
[x] No, this is not punishment enough for her annoyances. Cut off her limbs and install her as a public toilet in the mansion.
>> No. 47508
File 131783054987.jpg- (75.04KB , 300x300 , c8f239111a813649e4d7d62f586d15e46bfd23b0.jpg ) [iqdb]
47508
She seems fairly well out of it, as you nudge her with your foot, but you do harbor some healthy respect for Marisa's cockroach-like resilience and stubbornness, if not her habits and character. She could likely wake up at any time.

"... Is there rope around here, I wonder?" You say aloud.

"I'll bet she has tons inside." Tewi says, with interest, hopping over and hefting the witch up over her shoulder like a sack of root vegetables or rice. "I'll handle that while you look for your stuff, I suppose."

You nod, then glance at the infused golems.

".... As for you two, I haven't decided whether or not to keep you around yet." You say. "Would you bear strong objection to your current shells being manipulated to a size more fitting for the majority of local architecture?"

"I am not certain I would be able to endure a body smaller than even this.." One of the giants muses uncertainly.

"It would be unfortunate, yes." the other agrees. "But consider you this: the alternative is returning to the endless fields of asphodel. There is nothing there, for an eternities walk in any direction."

"For you, perhaps." the first counters, "I, on the other hand, was not so foolish as to wander from the group, and come to be alone for eternity. There is some conversation and companionship to be had."

"But not women." the second points out. "And I am sure that after these many centuries, you are as tired of making do with one another and pretending as I am of not having seen another being's face."

"I shall leave you to your deliberation, then." You say, turning and making your way inside.

Marisa is already bound securely on her bed, in the midst of the... chaos that she inhabits. You aren't entirely sure how Tewi managed to locate the rope to do so, and aren't entirely sure you want to know. Between the two of you, however, it only takes the better part of an hour to shift through all the clutter and toss your books, once located, through a portal and back to the Archive. There are hundreds of them here, you hadn't realized she had made off with quite so many... in any case, the piles of things are drastically diminished by the end of it, and the house is in a state where, if you squinted, you could almost make out on the horizon a sense of organization.

You consider for a long moment, then slip a hand into the bound witch's pockets, rustling about until you find her odd focus. You inspect it for a moment, then toss that through the portal as well.

"I wonder where she keeps her notes..." You muse aloud, as Tewi snickers.

"Turnabout is fair play, huh? Try the kitchen."

"Why on earth would they be.." You trail off and sigh as you step into the small cooking-room. Of course Marisa would be the sort to scribble things down while she eats. There's a small stack of loosely bound papers on a counter, another set on what looks to be a dining table, beyond the massive iron pot which she seems to use to both make potions and dinner, and an old-looking set that is propping up one leg of the table, several inches shorter than the others. You collect them all, replacing the last one with a block of wood without really thinking about it, and send them through the portal along with a note for Koakuma to begin copying them as soon as possible, so you won't have to read through ink smudges and food stains, then move back to the main room. Tewi is leaning against a wall, quiet grin of amusement at the whole situation clear.

"... It would probably be best to bring her to Eientei." You say, anger having lessened to nothing with the reversal of situations. "I'm given to understand that unconsciousness can lead to... brain damage and comatose states, in humans?" You say uncertainly, not having exactly made a thorough study of the matter.

"Pretty sure that's only from head injuries." Tewi points out. "But yeah, guess you have a point. It would kind of look bad if something inside got damaged from that battering she got, I guess."

Tewi heaves the witch once more to her shoulder, and you step outside, to where the golems have settled down.

"We have a request." The first says, seriously. "If our forms are to be reduced in stature, then we would much prefer to have anatomy rather than featureless stone."

"We want genitals." The second clarifies bluntly.

You sigh, rubbing at your temples.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47510
[x] Leave Marisa tied up
[x] Recover a number of OTHER stolen books. (Have Koakuma find them)
[x] Instruct Koakuma that Marisa is NOT be harmed (a few bruises are acceptable)
[x] Continue on with Mission
[x] MAJOR INJURY TO MARISA INVOKES WRATH OF REIMU/MARISA. WE DO NOT WANT TO CAUSE AN INCIDENT.
[x]Get on with making the giants a form with genitals
>> No. 47511
Oh boy... Seems like golems won't be worth it, because it's rather obvious what they'll want to do next.

[x] Not worth the headache. Dismiss them. Even if they always stayed on on perfect behavior, Remilia would make jokes for years about it.
[x] Go to Eientei.

>>47509
We already took back our stuff and decided to bring Marisa to Eirin, just in case.
>> No. 47514
So... That's their desire... Quite probably the Yakuza could help with what they REALLY mean by wanting bodies with genitals. Too bad we're in Gensokyo right now, though Tewi probably knows of some brothel somewhere in Gensokyo for them. Patchy's not entirely obligated to follow their request, but maybe this is a good way to finally refresh yourself on making some homunculi, merely for the sake of refreshing yourself.
>> No. 47516
[x] Not worth the headache. Dismiss them. Even if they always stayed on on perfect behavior, Remilia would make jokes for years about it.
[x] Go to Eientei.
>> No. 47517
[x] Not worth the headache. Dismiss them. Even if they always stayed on on perfect behavior, Remilia would make jokes for years about it.
[x] Go to Eientei.
>> No. 47519
[x] Give the Golems genitals.
[x] Give them Marisa.

Kill two birds with one stone.
>> No. 47520
Deleted my vote. My wish to see what shenanigans the giants might get up to is warring with my practical side that's saying "What the hell do we want with them? Patchy has no need for a pair of pets.".
>> No. 47521
I really can't shake the feeling that keeping the Hakkero will not lead to anything good.
[x] Determine if there is anything you can learn from the odd focus in a reasonable amount of time.
[x]Once done with it, entrust the Hakkero to a trustworthy person, such as the owner of that shop Marisa apparently goes to. When the copying of Marisa's notes is finished, put the originals there as well.

If we keep stuff of Marisa's, we are not only no better than her, but are giving her another excuse to 'visit' the library.
>> No. 47522
[x] Not worth the headache. Dismiss them. Even if they always stayed on on perfect behavior, Remilia would make jokes for years about it.
[x] Go to Eientei.
>> No. 47523
[x] Not worth the headache. Dismiss them. Even if they always stayed on on perfect behavior, Remilia would make jokes for years about it.
[x] Go to Eientei.

Got an awesome idea: when Marisa comes to reclaim her stuff, we can simply say we borrowed it.
>> No. 47524
We can bind them to Yukari's golems...
>> No. 47525
[x] Animate greek statuary. With anatomy. Made from chocolate pudding and marshmallows.
[x] Smirk and deliver to Yukari. No one said anything about not installing ... extras. Top Yukarin at her game? Hell yeah!
[x] Facepalm. Maybe too much time spent in the company of rabbits and sukima?
>> No. 47526
[x] Animate greek statuary. With anatomy. Made from chocolate pudding and marshmallows.
[x] Smirk and deliver to Yukari. No one said anything about not installing ... extras. Top Yukarin at her game? Hell yeah!
[x] Facepalm. Maybe too much time spent in the company of rabbits and sukima?
>> No. 47527
[X] Not worth the headache. Dismiss them. Even if they always stayed on on perfect behavior, Remilia would make jokes for years about it.
[X] Go to Eientei.
>> No. 47528
[x]Decline and Dismiss, but be polite about it; might have need of them or their fellows in the future.
[x]Head to Eientei, drag Marisa along. Upon arrival note that she might have taken a few glancing blows to the head, so they might need to keep her there for a bit to make sure everything's in order.

If it does go the other way, I'm thinking less Greek statuary and more Cho-Aniki meets Chippendale's; big bulging musclemen with tight, tight pants and a little white choker with a little black bow tie. Yukari would probably get a kick out of them.
>> No. 47529
>>47521
[x] Leave Marisa's things in company of the shopkeeper. If anything he'll make a profit on her mistakes. Might teach her a lesson. Keeping her things with us will only lead to her coming to raid the library, and not only taking back her property, but stealing our books we just got back.
[x] Dismiss the golems, this will only lead to headaches in the future.
[x] Bring the Black White to with us for possible medical treatment. If anything she might get a tab there or get busy there which gets her out of our hair for a while
>> No. 47530
[x] Animate greek statuary. With anatomy. Made from chocolate pudding and marshmallows.
[x] Smirk and deliver to Yukari. No one said anything about not installing ... extras. Top Yukarin at her game? Hell yeah!
[x] Facepalm. Maybe too much time spent in the company of rabbits and sukima?
>> No. 47531
[x] Animate greek statuary. With anatomy. Made from chocolate pudding and marshmallows.
[x] Smirk and deliver to Yukari. No one said anything about not installing ... extras. Top Yukarin at her game? Hell yeah!

[x] Facepalm. Maybe too much time spent in the company of rabbits and sukima?

I feel no shame for this vote.
>> No. 47532
[X] Animate greek statuary. With anatomy. Made from chocolate pudding and marshmallows.
[X] Smirk and deliver to Yukari. No one said anything about not installing ... extras. Top Yukarin at her game? Hell yeah!
[X] Facepalm. Maybe too much time spent in the company of rabbits and sukima?

For the Lulz!
>> No. 47533
[x] Animate Greek statuary. With anatomy. Made from chocolate pudding and marshmallows.
[x] Smirk and deliver to Yukari. No one said anything about not installing ... extras. Top Yukarin at her game? Hell yeah!
[x] Facepalm. Maybe too much time spent in the company of rabbits and sukima?

I can just imagine Remilia's face when she hears about this. I'm not sure the Greeks would appreciate what Yukari is likely to do to them, even if Patchy makes it so they can regenerate.
>> No. 47534
[x] Animate Greek statuary. With anatomy. Made from chocolate pudding and marshmallows.
[x] Smirk and deliver to Yukari. No one said anything about not installing ... extras. Top Yukarin at her game? Hell yeah!
[x] Facepalm. Maybe too much time spent in the company of rabbits and sukima?
>> No. 47535
[x] Give the Golems female genitals.
[x] Go to Eientei.
>> No. 47536
>>I can just imagine Remilia's face when she hears about this. I'm not sure the Greeks would appreciate what Yukari is likely to do to them, even if Patchy makes it so they can regenerate.

I expect much teasing, from both Remilia and Koa. I also expect Marisa to make wisecracks, and I expect both Koa and Marisa to talk about the innuendo. Yukari? I honestly expect her to be amused.
>> No. 47537
[x] Animate Greek statuary. With anatomy. Made from chocolate pudding and marshmallows.
[x] Smirk and deliver to Yukari. No one said anything about not installing ... extras. Top Yukarin at her game? Hell yeah!
[x] Facepalm. Maybe too much time spent in the company of rabbits and sukima?

Not very benevolent, eh, Yukari? Well, neither are we!
>> No. 47538
I think the golems are expecting something that won't take the better part of two days to craft, so sticking them in those golems isn't practical. Practical in a relative sense, at least.
>> No. 47539
>>47538
It would take us an entire day to relearn how to make homonculus...homonculuses ? Whatever, it would take us an entire day to relearn how to craft the body they want anyway. May as well have fun.
>> No. 47540
[x] Give the Golems genitals.
[x] Give them Marisa.

This is now a H-Doujin. Put your amazing map making skills to good work and draw this great stuff, Kahi.
>> No. 47541
>>47540
Heh, if we're going to do that we might as well give Yukari a tied up Marisa as well.
>> No. 47542
[x] Dump the Golems. Although tell that them that future service may lead to their request being granted. (Spoiler: they'll NEVER be granted)

[x]Drag the rat to the Doc. If anything she might be a test subject in the future

[x]See if the Spider woke up. We need out medication. This day has been too chaotic as is.

[x] Instruct Koakuma to have tea ready when you head home.
>> No. 47543
[x] Not worth the headache. Dismiss them. Even if they always stayed on on perfect behavior, Remilia would make jokes for years about it.
[x] Go to Eientei.
>> No. 47544
[x] Don't forget to destroy Marisa's hut for the sake of completeness.
>> No. 47545
[x]Decline and Dismiss, but be polite about it; might have need of them or their fellows in the future.
[x]Head to Eientei, drag Marisa along. Upon arrival note that she might have taken a few glancing blows to the head, so they might need to keep her there for a bit to make sure everything's in order.
>> No. 47546
You guys just go ahead and keep voting, but I already started writing a bit back.
>> No. 47547
>>47546
Hooray!
>> No. 47548
>>47546

In that case,

[x]Decline and Dismiss, but be polite about it; might have need of them or their fellows in the future.
[x]Head to Eientei, drag Marisa along. Upon arrival note that she might have taken a few glancing blows to the head, so they might need to keep her there for a bit to make sure everything's in order.
>> No. 47549
>>47546
In that case, I vote we get on the floor and everybody do the dinosaur.
>> No. 47550
[x] Animate Greek statuary. With anatomy. Made from chocolate pudding and marshmallows.
[x] Smirk and deliver to Yukari. No one said anything about not installing ... extras. Top Yukarin at her game? Hell yeah!
[x] Facepalm. Maybe too much time spent in the company of rabbits and sukima?
>> No. 47551
[x] Animate Greek statuary. With anatomy. Made from chocolate pudding and marshmallows.
[x] Smirk and deliver to Yukari. No one said anything about not installing ... extras. Top Yukarin at her game? Hell yeah!
[x] Facepalm. Maybe too much time spent in the company of rabbits and sukima?

This will totally end well with absolutely no repercussions.
>> No. 47552
File 131785448085.jpg- (89.94KB , 600x600 , 924dcd43593303cbe9f3b325ec8bdb9e9ebf74ba.jpg ) [iqdb]
47552
"... It's not out of the question, I suppose." You decide. "In fact, I am currently preparing to craft golems that may be rather more suitable for that than stone. Of course, they are not mine to keep, so should you move to inhabit those, you will be passed over to another. I am uncertain as to what her intent with these constructs are. And it will take a couple of days to complete them."

You can barely, from the corner of your eye, see Tewi quietly shaking her head 'no' at the golems and drawing a thumb across her throat. They seem to consider this for a moment before dismissing it.

"... I told you she would not deny the idea immediately." Golem two says... you think this one is Porphyrion, but you aren't sure, as the fight was slightly hectic and the golems have no particularly defining features at this point.

"Even so, it was not a 'yes' either." the first points out.

"Yes... In any case, summoner, we will submit to your decision or return to the endless fields, as you please. This is merely our preference, should our forms be so reduced. Existing without remains more bearable than the endless tedium."

{i]"On that note, then, this temporary measure should do, until I have come to a final decision.[/i] You say, even as their forms shrink and warp to human size. You allow them defined, aesthetically greek musculature and features, partly to make up for their request going, for now at the least, unfulfilled, and partly so that you can tell them apart more easily. Porphyrion, you make slightly slimmer, but taller, and the other you give larger muscles in exchange for a handful of centimeters less in height. They eye each other's physique's approvingly, though they still seem somewhat disappointed in the features which they lack. Not to an enormous degree, however.

You prod open a portal to Eientei, and disperse the clod of earth with a deluge of swirling water almost immediately.

"... Yes, I'm awake." Yamame says calmly, from where she landed, flat on her back on the stony path in front of you. "Thank you for letting me know it was that time."

"You're welcome." You respond dryly, choosing to ignore the sarcasm, and instead bathe the downed spider in what appears to be an onslaught of flame from the outside. When it lets up, she is wide-eyed, but dry. "Shall we enter?"

The spider wordlessly nods, seeming for a moment unable to get her tongue in order, and you enter. Behind you, you can hear Tewi, as Reisen enters to lead you through the halls.

"You know, you guys left that a little vague. She could have said 'okay', and given you womanly bits, you know."

"... Now there is an interesting thought, indeed." Porphyrion muses. "I recall Tiresias was given a similar opportunity... and he related that women are significantly the greater of men, in certain regards."

"And I recall that Tiresias was struck blind for relating that." Alcyoneus warned.

"That is so. But then, neither Zeus nor Hera are here, are they?" Porphyrion points out. "And it seems unlikely we shall have cause to soon visit the true peaks of Olympus Mons"

Reisen's brow is furrowed with confusion. Clearly, the conversation is all Greek to her. After a series of hallways, she opens a door.

Eirin arches an eyebrow as Tewi saunters through beside you and drops the bound black-white on a hospital bed.

"Unconsciousness following an altercation." You say. "She might have suffered a head injury. It was difficult to tell with the general battering the spell she fell into gave her."

"Oh?" Eirin says, stepping over to peel an eyelid open and shine light in it. ".... Hm, doesn't seem to be anything serious. Breathing is regular, pulse is normal. Skin tone is normal, no sign of blood loss there, so there's likely no interior damage, though I'll check for that later, along with a cranial scan for fractures and any clotting. Yes, probably fine to just leave her for now."

"I'll leave it to your expertise, then." you say, noting that the statues are now trying, rather unsuccessfully, to proposition Reisen. Entirely ignoring the language barrier, among other things. The moon-rabbit seems dreadfully confused. "In any case, the spider is prepared for conversation."

"Ah, excellent, this should only take a minute." Eirin says, drawing out a clipboard. "Now, then, your name is Yamame, correct miss Kurodani?"

"Yup. Whatcha want?" the spider answers brightly.

"It is regarding your ability. The 'manipulation of disease', correct? I am given to understand that this involves hastening the spread of disease and worsening their symptoms."

"Well, yeah." The spider answers awkwardly. "I try not to do that, though."

"Yes, I understand. In any case, that is all the information I could garner from indirect sources, and so I thought it best to ask you directly: is this the full limit of your ability? As 'manipulation' rather than 'infliction', I suspect not. Could you, for an example, reverse the standard effects, to slow a disease's spread, and lessen its symptoms?"

"Heh, you're a sharp one." Yamame says, even as your mind blanks for just a moment, considering that possibility. "Not quite that easy, though. Diseases want to spread and cause harm, it's in their nature. All I have to do there is give things a little nudge, and they practically do all the work for me. Working against them is hard, though. I guess I could do something like the first... but what I would have to do is to get one person, and have everyone else's sickness spread to him, just really fast, and not leaving anything behind. Good for everyone else, but that guy's going to have a really shit week or two. Probably die, and they'll have to burn the body before anything spreads back to them. For the other thing.. well, I can't really 'remove' a disease, like I said."

"I see." Eirin says, scribbling a brief line. "And what of cases similar to miss Knowledge's, here: a chronic disease with good and bad days."

"Yeah, that I might be able to do something with." Yamame says, suddenly eying you consideringly before turning away. "Hers is a nasty piece of work, though. And I'm not necessarily going to be helping anything, just... more like averaging things out, so to speak, if I mess about with things. It'll still be possible to feel just as bad or good as she would have, just a lot more likely for it to turn out somewhere in the middle of those. So if she would have had a really bad day, she'll likely feel a lot better than she would have. But if she was set to have a really good one, she'll probably end up feeling a lot worse. And I'd have to keep tweaking things often... at least every other day, or better once or twice a day, or that monster of an illness will just brush off what I do and go back to business as normal."

"Ah. I see. Less useful than I had hoped, as her condition is indeed most unusually tenacious. At this rate, it will take me quite some time to work out better medication than the quick fix I managed to craft after your first visit."

She seems oddly delighted by this, but you suppose you can't fault her for enjoying her work. The conversation drifts to how Yamame could affect the potency of samples, for Eirin's study, while you stand lost in thought.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47553
[x] Excuse yourself politely
[x] Get to work on the golemns ect.
[x] place a curse/spirit on Marisa's focus, to make it turn against her when she tries to steal from the library.
>> No. 47555
[x] If you are no longer needed, you should return home. Excuse yourself politely.
[x] Find a place for the two golems.
[x] See what you can add to the library's defenses. Chances are that someone will pay a visit tomorrow and it would be a good opportunity to test what works and what doesn't.
>> No. 47556
[x]If your presence is no longer needed, excuse yourself and depart
[x]Find something for the golems to do. Idle hands and whatnot.
[x]Set Koa to make a couple copies of Marisa's notes while you give the mini-Hakkero a quick look
[x]Once the notes are copied over, give them a look. Then, as you're going to be teaching in a couple weeks, break out some red ink and make corrections, long with whatever snarky comments you may wish to add. Set Koa to sort through the retrieved books.
[x]Once done, open a portal to Marisa's and toss the Hakkero, the original notes, and the corrected copy through. Keep the other copy for the library.
[x]If there's still time, start enchanting the new books.
>> No. 47557
[x] If your presence is no longer needed, excuse yourself and depart
[x] Find something for the golems to do. Idle hands and whatnot.
[x] Set Koa to make a couple copies of Marisa's notes while you give the mini-Hakkero a quick look
[x] Once the notes are copied over, give them a look. Then, as you're going to be teaching in a couple weeks, break out some red ink and make corrections, long with whatever snarky comments you may wish to add. Set Koa to sort through the retrieved books.
[x] Once done with them, open a portal to the bottom of the lake and toss Marisa's things through.
[x] If there's still time, start enchanting the new books.

Fixed and voting.
>> No. 47560
>>47557

Just to point out, the portals do not stop anything going through them, and so far we have only used them in areas with a similar amount of pressure on both sides. Portal to bottom of lake ==> flooded library. Not to mention that would destroy the corrected notes, rendering the exercise pointless.
>> No. 47561
>>47557

Just to point out, the portals do not stop anything going through them, and so far we have only used them in areas with a similar amount of pressure on both sides. Portal to bottom of lake ==> flooded library.
>> No. 47562
The order to make copies of Marisa's notes has already been made.
>> No. 47563
[x] If you are no longer needed, you should return home. Excuse yourself politely.
[x] Find something for the golems to do. Idle hands and whatnot.
[x] Get to work on the golems for Yukari.

> [ ] Once done with them, open a portal to the bottom of the lake and toss Marisa's things through.
Way to waste the effort spent on making those corrections. That's just needlessly destructive, and I can't see Patchouli just drenching anything written.

>>47562
Let's keep things nice and simple then. Right, vote adjusted.
>> No. 47564
[x] If you are no longer needed, you should return home. Excuse yourself politely.
[x] Find something for the golems to do. Idle hands and whatnot.
[x] Get to work on the golems for Yukari.
>> No. 47565
[x]If your presence is no longer needed, excuse yourself and depart
[x]Find something for the golems to do. Idle hands and whatnot.
[x]Set Koa to make a couple copies of Marisa's notes while you give the mini-Hakkero a quick look
[x]Once the notes are copied over, give them a look. Then, as you're going to be teaching in a couple weeks, break out some red ink and make corrections, long with whatever snarky comments you may wish to add. Set Koa to sort through the retrieved books.
[x]Once done, open a portal to Marisa's and toss the Hakkero, the original notes, and the corrected copy through. Keep the other copy for the library.
[x]If there's still time, start enchanting the new books.

Beginning work on Yukari's project can wait until the morning.
>> No. 47566
[X] Well, the doc did say to take our medicine more often, and we have done a lot of stuff today. We should politely ask her if taking it now would help stave off the inevitable backlash tomorrow or when our lucks runs out. We do have two vials and she's making more, so it's not like we're risking anything.
>> No. 47567
>>47566
Taking the medicine is what makes us get the backlash. For tomorrow we already (might) have hot spring health bonus. Taking medicine now would be a bad idea.
>> No. 47568
We're at 97 health. If anything, we should build those golems today.

And I wonder what happens (if anything) if we go over 100 health. It's possible even today, if we take medicine now.

We should totally become the Goddess of Magic. Forget about Hecate, Isis, and all those other ones. Patchy is where it's at.
>> No. 47569
[x] If you are no longer needed, you should return home. Excuse yourself politely.
[x] Find something for the golems to do. Idle hands and whatnot.
[x] Give the Hakkero a quick look. Is there anything you can divine from its construction that could be of future use to you?
[x] When done examining the Hakkero, return it to Marisa's house, but put it someplace she won't find right away. Like, perhaps seamlessly encase it in that block of wood that's now propping up her table. (Or someplace else if its magic needs more shielding to be hidden.) You can, with complete truth, then say you no longer have it.
-[X] You can cause further distraction by using your vast knowledge to leave an obscure hint or riddle vaguely pointing to it's location -- possibly a note on the table. Preferably something so obscure she will need to ask someone for help to figure it out, someone who will probably need some convincing to be of help. That ghost friend of Yukari might give her enough of a runaround.
[x] Once the notes are copied over, give them a look. Then, as you're going to be teaching in a couple weeks, break out some red ink and make corrections to the originals, along with whatever snarky comments you may wish to add. Set Koa to sort through the retrieved books.
[X] When you are done, return the annotated notes to her house as well.

Are there any further defenses we can implement to keep distractions away for the day or two while we work on the golems? We could just wall up all entrances/exits for the time being...
>> No. 47570
[x] If you are no longer needed, you should return home. Excuse yourself politely.
[x] Find something for the golems to do. Idle hands and whatnot.
[x] Give the Hakkero a quick look. Is there anything you can divine from its construction that could be of future use to you?
[x] When done examining the Hakkero, return it to Marisa's house, but put it someplace she won't find right away. Like, perhaps seamlessly encase it in that block of wood that's now propping up her table. (Or someplace else if its magic needs more shielding to be hidden.) You can, with complete truth, then say you no longer have it.
-[X] You can cause further distraction by using your vast knowledge to leave an obscure hint or riddle vaguely pointing to it's location -- possibly a note on the table. Preferably something so obscure she will need to ask someone for help to figure it out, someone who will probably need some convincing to be of help. That ghost friend of Yukari might give her enough of a runaround.
[x] Once the notes are copied over, give them a look. Then, as you're going to be teaching in a couple weeks, break out some red ink and make corrections to the originals, along with whatever snarky comments you may wish to add. Set Koa to sort through the retrieved books.
[X] When you are done, return the annotated notes to her house as well.

This seems like a good way to deal with Marisa's stuff. And on reflection, we could probably use some practice in correcting stuff.
>> No. 47572
[x] If you are no longer needed, you should return home. Excuse yourself politely.
[x] Find something for the golems to do. Idle hands and whatnot.
[x] Get to work on the golems for Yukari.
>> No. 47573
[x]If your presence is no longer needed, excuse yourself and depart.
[x]Find something for the golems to do. Idle hands and whatnot.
[x]Set Koa to make a couple copies of Marisa's notes while you give the mini-Hakkero a quick look
[x]Once the notes are copied over, give them a look. Then, as you're going to be teaching in a couple weeks, break out some red ink and make corrections, long with whatever snarky comments you may wish to add. Set Koa to sort through the retrieved books.
[x]Once done, open a portal to Marisa's and toss the Hakkero, the original notes, and the corrected copy through. Keep the other copy for the library.
[x]If there's still time, start enchanting the new books.
>> No. 47575
[X] If you are no longer needed, you should return home. Excuse yourself politely.
[X] Find something for the golems to do. Idle hands and whatnot.
[X] Give the Hakkero a quick look. Is there anything you can divine from its construction that could be of future use to you?
[X] When done examining the Hakkero, return it to Marisa's house, but put it someplace she won't find right away.
[X] Once the notes are copied over, give them a look. Then, as you're going to be teaching in a couple weeks, break out some red ink and make corrections to the originals, along with whatever snarky comments you may wish to add. Set Koa to sort through the retrieved books.
[X] When you are done, return the annotated notes to her house as well.
[X]If there's time, check out the materials for the golems and start planning how to make them.

I really can't be assed to set up a treasure hunt for Marisa. Borrowing the hakkero to study might have been a good idea even if I'd have rather gotten to work on Yukari's golems right away.
>> No. 47576
[X] If you are no longer needed, you should return home. Excuse yourself politely.
[X] Find something for the golems to do. Idle hands and whatnot.
[X] Give the Hakkero a quick look. Is there anything you can divine from its construction that could be of future use to you?
[X] When done examining the Hakkero, return it to Marisa's house, but put it someplace she won't find right away.
[X] Once the notes are copied over, give them a look. Then, as you're going to be teaching in a couple weeks, break out some red ink and make corrections to the originals, along with whatever snarky comments you may wish to add. Set Koa to sort through the retrieved books.
[X] When you are done, return the annotated notes to her house as well.
[X]If there's time, check out the materials for the golems and start planning how to make them.

No point in a treasure hunt - part of this is demonstrating what borrowing means, instead of Marisa's "I'll keep it untill I die" position.

Also, didn't Rinnosuke make the Hakkero? He should know more about it's construction and powers.
>> No. 47577
[X] If you are no longer needed, you should return home. Excuse yourself politely.
[X] Find something for the golems to do. Idle hands and whatnot.
[X] Give the Hakkero a quick look. Is there anything you can divine from its construction that could be of future use to you?
[X] When done examining the Hakkero, return it to Marisa's house, but put it someplace she won't find right away.
[X] Once the notes are copied over, give them a look. Then, as you're going to be teaching in a couple weeks, break out some red ink and make corrections to the originals, along with whatever snarky comments you may wish to add. Set Koa to sort through the retrieved books.
[X] When you are done, return the annotated notes to her house as well.
[X]If there's time, check out the materials for the golems and start planning how to make them.

Actually, no. Rinnosuke is never stated to have built anything in canon. He found random stuff that fell though gaps in the barrier, identify them with his power and then sell them.
>> No. 47578
>>47577
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Curiosities_of_Lotus_Asia/Chapter_06

>This Mini-Hakkero is a magical item I made when Marisa left her parents' home.
>> No. 47579
>>47578
Yeah, Marisa is going to be out for blood until she gets it back.
>> No. 47580
X] If you are no longer needed, you should return home. Excuse yourself politely.
[X] Find something for the golems to do. Idle hands and whatnot.
[X] Give the Hakkero a quick look. Is there anything you can divine from its construction that could be of future use to you?
[X] When done examining the Hakkero, return it to Marisa's house, but put it someplace she won't find right away.
[X] Once the notes are copied over, give them a look. Then, as you're going to be teaching in a couple weeks, break out some red ink and make corrections to the originals, along with whatever snarky comments you may wish to add. Set Koa to sort through the retrieved books.
[X] When you are done, return the annotated notes to her house as well.
[X]If there's time, check out the materials for the golems and start planning how to make them.
>> No. 47581
Offtopic, and probably not that useful in the short run, but what Yamame said about her control of diseases had me thinking. She pretty much said she could transfer all diseases in the area into one person, but that person would likely die given all the illnesses heaped on him.

What if the recipient couldn't die, and healed off all the illnesses quickly? Like, say, fairies (this would probably be a stupidly long shot though), or more likely, Hourai immortals?

I don't know what sort of relationship Patchy has with Mokou, but if she could be persuaded to help by bribe or otherwise, well, there's one potential outlet for ditching this damn affliction. Just something to consider.

Kahi would probably shoot the idea down quickly, but it was worth pondering, at least.
>> No. 47582
>>47581
I've always been under the assumption that the Hourai Elixir only works on mortal humans. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I got.
>> No. 47583
File 131789744433.png- (547.25KB , 1393x2000 , wild_and_horned_hermit_ch03_22.png ) [iqdb]
47583
In canon, Patchy's problem is from arsenic and mercury poisoning. I don't see how Yamame could help much with that, unless Patchy also has something else because of a weakened immune system.
>> No. 47584
>>47583
Maybe she suffers from those (Marisa's supposition after all), but Patchouli's problems extend further than that. Like asthma and vitamin A deficiency.
>> No. 47585
>>47582

Not suggesting she consumes the Hourai Elixir herself, but rather, get Yamame to transfer her disease to Mokou, would would heal it off quickly.


>>47583

Well, in this story, for all intents and purposes Eirin and Yamame are discussing it as though it was an actual affliction and not poisoning. Yamame also told us she could manipulate it to an extent, only that like anything else she tries with "healing", it works out to be a zero sum game in the end.

Unless of course, we transfer said disease to someone who can handle and get rid them with nary a problem. Like Mokou.
>> No. 47586
That only works with infectious diseases, I thought I'd made clear. Maybe not though. In any case, it's just like she said, it spreads too fast and leaves nothing behind, in that case.

Now I'm going to point out that non-communicable diseases don't spread at all. You can't 'catch' asthma, for example. Which, amongst many other things, Patchy has.

In any case, if Eirin thought that would actually work, there would be no need to go to Mokou. There's already a Hourai immortal close at hand.
>> No. 47587
>>47586
Eh. I thought it was clear enough.
>> No. 47588
>>47586

Ah well. It was worth a shot.

There would be a large difference between asking a reclusive human and asking a princess, albeit exiled, to help with something that might inconvenience them like this. I was thinking Mokou would be far easier to persuade than Kaguya, as it was unclear just how long it would take Hourai immortality to rid the body of the affliction.
>> No. 47589
File 13179374035.jpg- (614.03KB , 693x800 , e87df5cbe4aa2b5e442d72eb6425605c.jpg ) [iqdb]
47589
"If I am no longer required?" You say, as you open a portal.

"A moment, miss Knowledge." Eirin says, holding up a hand as she completes a line of notes. "I should inform you at this point that I am, temporarily at least, adjusting your prescription to include this."

She waves a hand at Yamame, and you frown.

"To include the spider?" You repeat, unsure if you had misheard.

"Yes." Eirin replies. "Or at least, her services regarding your illness. Simply averaging everything out, in general, does not seem to be immediately useful on its own, but taken in addition with your medication, as well as whatever other measures might be found, I believe that it will be a useful change that should in theory keep you more consistently healthy, to some degree. As a doctor, it would be remiss of me to not strongly advise this."

"Hey, that almost means I have to stay at her place, in order to keep on top of things... I don't know about that." Yamame says warily. "I mean, I've kind of got a lot of people in the Underground that all but expect me to be around to go drinking and stuff with them, and the sun is just too bright up here to be comfortable..."

"You will, of course, be apportioned regular meals and a place to sleep, and I am given to understand that the mansion's construction involves very little in the way of windows. I am also reliably informed that their guest bedding is quite comfortable." Eirin says, waving off the spider's concerns.

"... On the other hand, I guess that they'll understand." Yamame says, mood improved.

"You do not intend to give me a choice in the matter, do you." You say, frowning. Tewi seems almost perturbed at the turn of events as well.

"This is not the case." Eirin denies. "As ever, the final choice of things is up to you. I can merely voice my own strong disapproval of choices to not take your medication, or to ignore the advice of your physician. It isn't as though I can simply strap you to a bed and run constant batteries of tests and experiments until I have determined a perfected cure for your condition."

You can almost hear the appended 'Not without having to keep you drugged into a stupor, to prevent your escape, and having to fight off regular rescue attempts, at least.'

"... In any case." She continues. "I will suggest that your willingness to test this adjustment out for the next few days may strongly affect the promptness of your medication being prepared and delivered. It is not as though I can focus my mind on that task if I am at the same time attempting to argue you into accepting a new course of treatment, and so many other things come up. Children will continue to catch their little illnesses, farmers will injure themselves accidentally, all immediate concerns and of course very distracting."

"Some would call this blackmail." You point out.

"Perhaps, but as a physician I have only your best interests at heart." Eirin says, not really making any attempt to dodge or deny your claim. "Of course, if your personalities and temperaments prove conflicting enough that you simply cannot stand being in the same place, or you simply decide that you would prefer to return to the previous status quo, then that is after all your decision. After the initial test of the therapy is complete, and I can collect the results. In any case, I will be sending her over once this discussion is complete, so I would much appreciate it if you would alert that gatekeeper to her imminent arrival. It should be no more than two or three days until I have the medicine prepared, starting tomorrow, so you should expect it around then."

"... Fine." you say after a moment, weighing your need for the medical shipment and the fact that you can just throw the interloper out later, and finding the balance of things favorable enough, despite that being forced into it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

"As for you two gentlemen." She continues, now addressing the statues. "I am sorry to inform you that even if Udonge understood your language, I highly doubt you would manage to get anywhere."

"Please... stop speaking in languages I don't know?" Reisen requests and complains at the same time. "I caught 'Udonge', but the rest..."

"Learn the language. There's nothing stopping you." Eirin advises, turning back to her notes.

"But that'll take years-"

"You have the time. It's not as though your lifespan will be a significant issue." Eirin responded, waving the concern off. "If you wish, I can attempt to accelerate your learning by giving you graded tests on the material?"

"... No, that will be fine." Reisen says, defeated.

"In that case, I'll be off directly." You say, stepping to the portal. A few distracted words of acknowledgment are the last you hear from Eientei before you step through.

You take a deep breath on the other side, holding the gate open as Tewi and the golems make their way casually through, and check the time. It's about an hour until supper, which should leave you some time... you pause after a moment.

"... I would have thought you would remain at Eientei." You say to Tewi.

"Still carrying your clothes, aren't I?" The rabbit responds. "Besides, figured I'd stick around and see what do for dinner here."

"There are fewer vegetable options than you might prefer." You note, before glancing around. Barrels and crates are stacked near the mold and table, and that fairy has apparently just given up and decided to stare darkly at the ceiling for now. The new books are stacked neatly in place, and the old ones seem to have already been filed back to their proper place in the shelves. Marisa's focus is sitting near the samples... best to leave that for the moment, it will take longer than an hour for even a cursory inspection. Koa is sitting at a desk, writing quickly and precisely.

"Gonna be a few minutes before I have this first set of notes copied." She says, discerning your intent without looking.

"Make a duplicate copy before continuing on to the next." You instruct. "In the mean time, as Marisa has so thoughtfully shown I have not yet warded these books against damage."

It takes you a few minutes of scribbling with chalk and muttering incantations, but you get the full set, minus the destroyed one properly warded, and then it's only the work of a brief moment to harmlessly brush the chalk dust away before you return.

Koa seems slightly disgruntled as she frowns at the casually-posing golem's crotches, then sets the notes aside for you before stretching and setting to work again. You take a moment to draft up a quick note for Meiling, alerting her that Yamame will soon arrive, and then set in to work with. Marisa proves reasonably competent enough, through the notes, but there is more than enough errors for you to use up quite a bit of red ink marking. Tewi watches over your shoulder, occasionally suggesting particularly biting commentary, if you take a moment to explain the error and how it would, for example, dissolve the kidneys of anyone so foolish as to imbibe the tincture created without correcting it, amongst other things. You take care to note which comments are hers, and which your own.

You finish a few minutes before dinner and stretch in place, before snapping your fingers to summon a maid, which you direct to notify the others that two more places will be required tonight at the main table, rather than your typical habit of taking your meals here.

Shortly thereafter, Remilia is smirking over steepled fingers as Tewi settles down across from you at a large table.

"Tonights meal includes Croxetti in walnut sauce, pork loin Tortellini, Cotechino Modena with accompanying Polenta and lentils, Parmigiana di Melanza, Alici marinate, and Hasenpfeffer." Sakuya says, sending a sidelong glance in Tewi's direction at the last.

"... that last is an unusual selection for what I would suppose to have been planned as an Italian night." You note.

"Milady insisted." The head maid replies calmly.

Bold as brass, Tewi dips a spoon in the pot, much to Sakuya's disapproval, and sips at the broth.

"Needs more garlic." She says smugly, though you note that she suddenly looks a touch green, and her eyes are very slightly bloodshot. It is not difficult for you to imagine that her stomach is now churning unpleasantly. Remilia chortles nonetheless, and Tewi's symptoms seem to fade, as she quietly takes several rapid gulps of water.

"Pale lager and a bottle of the Arneis have been prepared, and milady will have the Nero d'Avola, tempered with the customary addition." Sakuya continues smoothly. "Cannoli have been prepared for dessert, as well as a selection of fruit Gelato of various flavors."

"Very good Sakuya~" Remilia declares. "In any case, tell me about your day, Patchy. I see you've been to a tailor, at the very least~"

You outline the highlights as you apportion out a filling plate, knowing that the maids will gleefully devour any leftovers. Across from you, Tewi considers everything, before sticking completely to the only vegetable dish offered and the pasta without meat. Remilia seems delighted by the end of it.

"... Congratulations, you two, on your first date being a resounding success~" She declares.

"The majority of it was business matters. Hardly grounds for such words to be bandied about." you counter, between mouthfuls of sausage.

"Ohoho, on the contrary~" Remilia claims. "You spent the day together, did you not? You enjoyed a quiet meal in each other's company, is this not so? Did or did she not make purchases on your behalf, and were there not enjoyable activities you partook in?"

"You needn't make that last sound so full of implication." You say, frowning, even as you are mildly startled to realize that, from a certain point of view, Remi has a perfectly valid point.

"Even so, even so. It would certainly fit the definition of a romantic outing from my point of view, would you not agree, rabbit?"

"And successful~" Tewi cheerfully declares, seeming amused.

"Ohohoho~"

.... You no longer see any point to arguing about it, knowing that Remi will then accuse you of 'protesting too much', and turn your attention back to the food, considering what your plans are for after the meal, and to a lesser extent, tomorrow. You doubt you'll have enough time to do more than a brief, initial inspection of Marisa's thing before you must sleep. At the same time, you think you should probably get those confectionery golems out of the way as soon as possible.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47590
[x] Make the mold for Yukari's golem while your stone magic is still at its peak.
[x] Get your homonculus related book(s) as light reading before bed. Just enough to refresh your memories some.

The homonculus books are for the giants. Namely, the main drawback of your bog standar homonculus is that they're dumb as bricks. The giants are not and may be open to the possibility of becoming our servant.

Let's give them teenage looking bodies and then bring them to Hogwarts for maximum hijinks value !
>> No. 47591
>>47590
Keep in mind that the Marshmellow/Chocolate-Pudding Constructs are for Yukari.
>> No. 47592
>>47590
This seems like a horrible, horrible idea. Bringing along two statues that make lewd propositions in greek to a school is, if not the FASTEST way to get fired, probably pretty close.

I would suggest appointing them as guards for the portal, both for the safety of the library and the people who may mistakenly enter the portal. Plus, they would be near the succubus, allowing them an ... outlet for their baser needs.
>> No. 47593
[x] Take care of Yukari's confectionary golems tomorrow.
[x] Be prepared to give Marisa her stuff back the instant she says please or apologizes.
[x] You'd like to dismiss the giants, but don't want to put them where you found them. Is there a way to place them somewhere they'd find more agreeable?

>>47592
But we're definitely taking Koakuma to Hogwarts, so yeah.
>> No. 47594
[x] Go make that house in Hogwarts so you can have somewhere to open the portal safely.

Yep, it's me again. What reasons do we have to not do this anyway? The portal needs to open somewhere on the other side. Also, a second, hidden library would be great to keep stuff away from Marisa, provided she doesn't learn about Patchy's new career, and I doubt people from there would able to get past Patchy's defenses/golems.
>> No. 47595
[x] Spend some time inspecting the Hakkero.
[x] If you finish before bed, return it and the corrected notes to Marisa's house. If not, it can wait until tomorrow morning. When you go there, put the Hakkero someplace Marisa won't immediately find it -- exactly how devious you are can depend on your mood at the moment.
- [x] If you encounter Marisa before (or while) you return her possessions, and she apologizes and asks for them back in a suitably civil manner, simply give them to her. If she's going to be an arrogant little snot like you expect, seal them up in a rock first. Dropping it on her toes is optional.
[x] If the giants continue to make a nuisance of themselves, dismiss them.
[x] Plan on golem construction tomorrow.

>>47590

Pretty sure the mold was made already in the last thread.

Also I'm really hesitant to give Yukari a couple of randy, debatably intelligent golems. If we do, we should make sure to put safeguards they, at least, can't be used against us or anyone we care about.
>> No. 47598
[x] Spend some time inspecting the Hakkero.
[x] If you finish before bed, return it and the corrected notes to Marisa's house. If not, it can wait until tomorrow morning. When you go there, put the Hakkero someplace Marisa won't immediately find it — exactly how devious you are can depend on your mood at the moment.
- [x] If you encounter Marisa before (or while) you return her possessions, and she apologizes and asks for them back in a suitably civil manner, simply give them to her. If she's going to be an arrogant little snot like you expect, seal them up in a rock first. Dropping it on her toes is optional.
[x] If the giants continue to make a nuisance of themselves, dismiss them.
[x] Plan on golem construction tomorrow.

>>47590
Let's not go there.

>>47594
I would totally agree with your vote, if there wasn't the little matter of Ran paying us a nice visit if we do that right now. If we don't get around to it early enough, maybe we can ask Yukari to gap us to Hogwarts so we can "show her where to put the other side of the portal" and make the house right then.
>> No. 47599
If we wait a week or so to make the house, Tewi might feel confident enough to ask for her own room. We've got plenty of time before school starts and the story ends.
>> No. 47601
[x] Spend some time inspecting the Hakkero.
[x] Think about the defenses available for tomorrow. The chances are high that Marisa will come.

>>47594
What reason do we have to make it in the first place? Besides, it's too late today for it.
>> No. 47602
[x] Make the mold for Yukari's golem while your stone magic is still at its peak.
[x] If the giants continue to make a nuisance of themselves, dismiss them.
[x] Plan on golem construction tomorrow.
>> No. 47604
>>47590
>>47602

>Barrels and crates are stacked near the mold and table

Notice how the mold is already there. Since we already did it in the morning.

Also, shouldn't we find a good spot for the making of those golems? Out like this, anyone could come and interfere with the process while we're away unless Yukari step in.
>> No. 47605
[x]Adjust the molds to reflect greco-roman style sculpture while it's still Earth day. Might as well go all the way with it, and even if the giants don't go for it, Yukari might dig the artistry.
[x]On the chance there's time left, give the mini-Hakkero a quick look.
[x]Begrudginglyadmit to the rabbit that today was kinda sorta fun, and that while you're going to have your hands full for the next few days, you wouldn't mind doing it again some time. You do, after all, want to get caught up with what's going on Outside, and she'd know better than most.
>> No. 47606
[x] Spend some time inspecting the Hakkero.
[x] If you finish before bed, return it and the corrected notes to Marisa's house. If not, it can wait until tomorrow morning. When you go there, put the Hakkero someplace Marisa won't immediately find it — exactly how devious you are can depend on your mood at the moment.
- [x] If you encounter Marisa before (or while) you return her possessions, and she apologizes and asks for them back in a suitably civil manner, simply give them to her. If she's going to be an arrogant little snot like you expect, seal them up in a rock first. Dropping it on her toes is optional.
[x] If the giants continue to make a nuisance of themselves, dismiss them.
[x] Plan on golem construction tomorrow.

This will do nicely.
>> No. 47607
Given that her house is a pigsty, Patchy could probably just chuck the thing in there at random and achieve the same effect as trying to hide it.
>> No. 47608
[x]Adjust the molds to reflect greco-roman style sculpture while it's still Earth day. Might as well go all the way with it, and even if the giants don't go for it, Yukari might dig the artistry.
[x]On the chance there's time left, give the mini-Hakkero a quick look.
[x]causally admit to the rabbit that today was kinda sorta fun, and that while you're going to have your hands full for the next few days, you wouldn't mind doing it again some time. You do, after all, want to get caught up with what's going on Outside, and she'd know better than most.

Sounds good.
>> No. 47609
[x]Adjust the molds to reflect greco-roman style sculpture while it's still Earth day. Might as well go all the way with it, and even if the giants don't go for it, Yukari might dig the artistry.
[x]On the chance there's time left, give the mini-Hakkero a quick look.
[x]Begrudgingly admit to the rabbit that today was kinda sorta fun, and that while you're going to have your hands full for the next few days, you wouldn't mind doing it again some time. You do, after all, want to get caught up with what's going on Outside, and she'd know better than most.
>> No. 47610
[x]Adjust the molds to reflect greco-roman style sculpture while it's still Earth day. Might as well go all the way with it, and even if the giants don't go for it, Yukari might dig the artistry.
[x]On the chance there's time left, give the mini-Hakkero a quick look.
[x]Begrudgingly admit to the rabbit that today was kinda sorta fun, and that while you're going to have your hands full for the next few days, you wouldn't mind doing it again some time. You do, after all, want to get caught up with what's going on Outside, and she'd know better than most.
>> No. 47611
[x]Adjust the molds to reflect greco-roman style sculpture while it's still Earth day. Might as well go all the way with it, and even if the giants don't go for it, Yukari might dig the artistry.
[x]On the chance there's time left, give the mini-Hakkero a quick look.
[x]Begrudgingly admit to the rabbit that today was kinda sorta fun, and that while you're going to have your hands full for the next few days, you wouldn't mind doing it again some time. You do, after all, want to get caught up with what's going on Outside, and she'd know better than most.
>> No. 47612
[x] Free, or mercy kill the fairy. She'll respawn anyway if you kill her. If you're feeling benevolent, you might even ask her what she'd prefer.

I've had enough of watching that fairy suffer, it's been four threads already.
>> No. 47613
>>47612
Agreed. We don't need the samples anymo... we never needed the samples. Poor fairy, your suffering was pointless. And hilarious.
>> No. 47614
[X] Spend some time inspecting the Hakkero.
[X] Plan on golem construction tomorrow.
[X]Free the pinned fairy. That should be enough to keep her from poking around where she's not supposed to go for a day or two at least.

We made something of an agreement with the giants, I for one would not be entirely comfortable with dismissing them out of hand after that.
>> No. 47615
[X] Spend some time inspecting the Hakkero.
[X] Plan on golem construction tomorrow.
[X]Free the pinned fairy. That should be enough to keep her from poking around where she's not supposed to go for a day or two at least.
>> No. 47616
[x]Adjust the molds to reflect greco-roman style sculpture while it's still Earth day. Might as well go all the way with it, and even if the giants don't go for it, Yukari might dig the artistry.
[x]On the chance there's time left, give the mini-Hakkero a quick look.
[x]Casually admit to the rabbit that today was kinda sorta fun, and that while you're going to have your hands full for the next few days, you wouldn't mind doing it again some time. You do, after all, want to get caught up with what's going on Outside, and she'd know better than most.

I wonder how long it will take before Eirin/Kaguya/Reisen asks us what we plan on doing with Tewi. We seem to be planning to monopolize her time for the next while.
>> No. 47617
[x]Casually admit to the rabbit that today was kinda sorta fun, and that while you're going to have your hands full for the next few days, you wouldn't mind doing it again some time. You do, after all, want to get caught up with what's going on Outside, and she'd know better than most.
[X]Free the pinned fairy. That should be enough to keep her from poking around where she's not supposed to go for a day or two at least.

Heh. I like this story a lot, for some reason. Also, Tewi Route, all the way.
>> No. 47618
[x]Adjust the molds to reflect greco-roman style sculpture while it's still Earth day. Might as well go all the way with it, and even if the giants don't go for it, Yukari might dig the artistry.
[x]On the chance there's time left, give the mini-Hakkero a quick look.
[x]Begrudgingly admit to the rabbit that today was kinda sorta fun, and that while you're going to have your hands full for the next few days, you wouldn't mind doing it again some time. You do, after all, want to get caught up with what's going on Outside, and she'd know better than most.

Rabbit flirting games are always fun. but I'm starting to wonder when we'll finally get to Hogwarts.
>> No. 47619
[x]Adjust the molds to reflect greco-roman style sculpture while it's still Earth day. Might as well go all the way with it, and even if the giants don't go for it, Yukari might dig the artistry.
[x]On the chance there's time left, give the mini-Hakkero a quick look.
[x]Casually admit to the rabbit that today was kinda sorta fun, and that while you're going to have your hands full for the next few days, you wouldn't mind doing it again some time. You do, after all, want to get caught up with what's going on Outside, and she'd know better than most.
[X]Free the pinned fairy. That should be enough to keep her from poking around where she's not supposed to go for a day or two at least.


Anyway, as fun as watching this is, I want to get to the meat of the story: Hogwarts. Try and hurry it up plz.
>> No. 47621
>>47601
>What reason do we have to make it in the first place? Besides, it's too late today for it.

What reasons do we have to not? Today is still the best day for it (Earth 97 health), and until the element changes, what time it is doesn't matter.

>I would totally agree with your vote, if there wasn't the little matter of Ran paying us a nice visit if we do that right now. If we don't get around to it early enough, maybe we can ask Yukari to gap us to Hogwarts so we can "show her where to put the other side of the portal" and make the house right then.

How many portals did we open to the outside? We have barely punctured the Barrier today. Ran said herself that a small hole or two is ok, as long as we don't overdo it.
>> No. 47622
>>47621
It's also said that Ran's mood also depends on what she is doing at the time. For exemple, she'll be pissed when she has to repair the Border when she's with Chen.

So, at this hour, think about what Ran is probably doing.
>> No. 47623
Since it's just past dinner...yep, most likely cuddling with Chen before sending her to bed.
>> No. 47624
>>47623
Aren't youkai nocturnal?
>> No. 47625
>>47624
Feral youkai are noctural. The smarter bunch sleep whenever they want to.
>> No. 47627
Foxes are crepuscular, so I bet Ran is too. Chen is cat..so she probably just wants to sleep all the time, I bet Yukari and her bond over it, and how busy body Ran is.
>> No. 47628
File 131800496550.jpg- (321.11KB , 673x590 , 95b607c9b490b35a793634428d5c38a276b1def6.jpg ) [iqdb]
47628
Once you have returned to the Archive, it's only the work of a moment to manipulate the size and interior of the mold present and, after a moment of thought, create more identical molds.

Then you look to Marisa's object, and consider it. It is unlikely that it will be too long before she comes to insist upon its return. Any study done should be enacted with swiftness, before that time comes. In the back of your mind you consider the defenses arrayed. It is not impossible that, weakened without her focus, and unable to Spark, you could reliably turn her away. But on the other hand, you don't know where she got this thing from to begin with, so it is not out of the question that she might get her hands on another one. And to be perfectly honest, you aren't sure you want to chase her off. It might be worthwhile to let her come: either to attempt to show a good example, though you are uncertain about the thought of returning a powerful weapon to a foe upon request, or simply to make her beg and then deny her. You haven't decided.

In any case, the boxy object is actually somewhat interesting, on closer study, and you inspect it in detail for quite some time.

"So what's the news with her box of laser?" Tewi asks, interested.

"I haven't gone into much depth yet." You reply. "But it is crafted of an unusual composition of metal, overlaying the wood. A magically enhanced and reinforced sort of gold... Fascinating. I understand there's a local word for it, but I know it better as Orichalcum."

Tewi whistles softly.

"Guess I know why she doesn't advertise what that thing's made of, then. She'd get treasure hunters from all over trying to take it off her hands, and the shoe would be on the other foot."

"Yes, very much the case." You muse. "In addition, this seems to be 'Natural' Orichalcum. Mined out of the earth in its current form, rather than worked from base gold into this state. Impressively rare, as the ore vein would almost have to go directly through a nexus and focal point, wellspring, or flow of natural magical energy. Not at all a common occurence even when magic was more common throughout the world."

"Any difference from the other sort?"

"Not particularly, save that its value increases significantly for the rarity of it. Practically, I could collect gold ore and work it into orichalcum myself, or simply create it, as I did that object the other day. It would, however, be... rather more taxing." You admit.

You consider for a moment, turning the focus at odd angles to get better looks.

"... There seem to be a number of additional uses built into it." You say. "In addition to amplifying and directing magical energy towards specific use, as seems to be its primary purpose, it seems to generate heat on demand. Functioning as a localized temperature control devise, and to cook or prepare potions over, I suspect. There also seems to be a function to simulate a gentle breeze, and... hm. A number of other things, I can't quite determine them all in the jumble of enchantments and workings. They seem to be primarily devoted to ensuring the owner's comfort, more than anything else, however."

You shake your head.

"The markings on the outside are clearly significant, and I'm sure I've seen them before. It seems that for the moment, there is little more I can determine without disassembling it and inspecting the interior." You admit. "And I am uncertain as to whether I will be able to put it back together afterward."

"Well, no need to look it up, I can tell you what they are and where you've seen them." Tewi says. "Those are Feng Shui trigrams... Eirin has them stitched into her dress."

It clicks, and suddenly you can almost see the outfit in your mind as you blink.

"... Yes, that is where I saw these. Hm... well, in any case, there is still little more I can determine from the exterior alone."

You stretch in place and bite back a yawn.

"... In any case it draws late." You say. "I should retire to bed, soon."

"Alright, I'll..." The rabbit pauses, just for a moment, before continuing. As though she had begun to say something, and then changed her mind about it. "... head back to Eientei, then. Any chance I could get a door?"

"Yes, yes." You say, poking your wand at the air.

The portal ripples open, but before Tewi steps through, you speak again.

"I... enjoyed the outing." You say carefully, uncertain of how to put it. "And it would be prudent for me to continue familiarizing myself with the Outside, given that it seems I will spend most of a year in it. Perhaps..."

Tewi seems surprised, but pleased as you work out how to phrase things.

"You'll be focusing on those for the next couple days, though, right? But Eirin's gonna have your medicine a little after that." She says. "I'll go ahead and haul it over instead of Reisen, then. Maybe we can take a trip then."

You nod, as that had been more or less your request, and Tewi waves as she steps through the portal, and it ripples shut.

Only one more thing to be done before slumber then.

"... Are you prepared to return to work in the morning? You will have a few extra minutes to get yourself in order." You say, stepping over to the pinned fairy.

"Yes miss. Thank you." The fairy replies, suddenly smiling brightly as a heavy axe takes form in your hands. You swing it testingly for a few seconds before heaving it into the air.

"My pleasure." You say dryly, and swing down.

---

The day is Aug 21, 11 days to term.
It is Sunday: Day of The Sun. 'Sun' related magics come easier and to greater effect for you today.
--Yamame, Hot Springs+10
Your health level is 66/100: Somewhat better than average, though your lungs ache and your breathing is somewhat labored.

---

You wake to find Yamame leaning over your bed, cheerfully smiling and dressed in a nurse outfit with matching cap.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47629
File 13180079906.png- (182.61KB , 370x510 , Th08EirinYagokoro.png ) [iqdb]
47629
[x] Thank Yamame. Try to make her forced stay pleasant.
[x] Ask Koakuma if she would like those two golems to have genitals.
[x] Begin esoteric golem creation.

>Eirin's dress
what. I don't usually pay attention to her dress's particulars, but... yep, it's there. I'll be damned.
>> No. 47630
[x] Return Marisa's possessions. When you go to her house, put the Hakkero someplace Marisa won't immediately find it — exactly how devious you are can depend on your mood at the moment. But it is a valuable artifact that you would not mind examining again sometime, so be careful with it.
[x] If you encounter Marisa before (or while) you return her possessions, and she apologizes and asks for them back in a suitably civil manner, respond in kind and simply give her the items, perhaps with some mild chiding. If she is confrontational or otherwise antagonistic, still return her items, but be appropriately creative in the manner in which you do (portal to a random location in her house might be at the mild end). Defend yourself as necessary. Who knows? Maybe she likes waking up at Eirin's clinic.
[x] Inform Sakuya that you do not want to be disturbed by any new visitors today and tomorrow (the spider can stay). Any assistance she can provide with respect to this would be appreciated.
[x] For the time being, set the giants as extra guards to keep interlopers out. If you can augment their bodies with some sun powers that will not risk damaging your books, do so.
[x] It's golem makin' time!


Waking up to Yamane leaning over your bed in a nurse's outfit is kind of cute. Now imagine her doing so in full spider form, still in a nurse's outfit.
>> No. 47632
[x] Thank Yamame. Try to make her forced stay pleasant.
[x] Return Marisa's possessions. When you go to her house, put the Hakkero someplace Marisa won't immediately find it — exactly how devious you are can depend on your mood at the moment. But it is a valuable artifact that you would not mind examining again sometime, so be careful with it.
[x] If you encounter Marisa before (or while) you return her possessions, and she apologizes and asks for them back in a suitably civil manner, respond in kind and simply give her the items, perhaps with some mild chiding. If she is confrontational or otherwise antagonistic, still return her items, but be appropriately creative in the manner in which you do (portal to a random location in her house might be at the mild end). Defend yourself as necessary. Who knows? Maybe she likes waking up at Eirin's clinic.
[x] Ask Koakuma if she would like those two golems to have genitals.[x] Inform Sakuya that you do not want to be disturbed by any new visitors today and tomorrow (the spider can stay). Any assistance she can provide with respect to this would be appreciated.
[x] For the time being, set the giants as extra guards to keep interlopers out. If you can augment their bodies with some sun powers that will not risk damaging your books, do so.
[x] It's golem makin' time!

Vote combining shintai! Also, I wonder how long it will take Remilia to find out Patchy asked Tewi to go on a second date.
>> No. 47633
[x] Return Marisa's possessions. When you go to her house, put the Hakkero someplace Marisa won't immediately find it — exactly how devious you are can depend on your mood at the moment. But it is a valuable artifact that you would not mind examining again sometime, so be careful with it.
[x] If you encounter Marisa before (or while) you return her possessions, and she apologizes and asks for them back in a suitably civil manner, respond in kind and simply give her the items, perhaps with some mild chiding. If she is confrontational or otherwise antagonistic, still return her items, but be appropriately creative in the manner in which you do (portal to a random location in her house might be at the mild end). Defend yourself as necessary. Who knows? Maybe she likes waking up at Eirin's clinic.
[x] Inform Sakuya that you do not want to be disturbed by any new visitors today and tomorrow (the spider can stay). Any assistance she can provide with respect to this would be appreciated.
[x] For the time being, set the giants as extra guards to keep interlopers out. If you can augment their bodies with some sun powers that will not risk damaging your books, do so.
[x] It's golem makin' time!

Choco-golems, ho!
>> No. 47634
[x] Drop Marisa's possessions through a portal into her house.
[x] For the time being, set the giants as extra guards to keep interlopers out. If you can augment their bodies with some sun powers that will not risk damaging your books, do so.
[x] It's golem makin' time!
>> No. 47635
[x]Have breakfast in the library, ask Yamame if there's anything she'd like in particular. Might be able to rope her into assisting with the golem materials, though she might do it anyways just for something to do.
[x]Pop open a small portal to Marisa's and toss the Hakkero and the corrected notes through, her place is messy enough that just tossing them through at random will likely have the same effect as actively trying to hide them.
[x]Get to work on the golems.
[x]If Koa keeps sulking over the giants not being... fully equipped, and you're reasonably sure she can't nom them afterwards, go ahead and give them what they were after. Just grab a few of the other golems from a couple days ago to make up for the lost manpower; they're mindless, but you won't have to put up with an attitude.
>> No. 47637
[x] Thank Yamame. Try to make her forced stay pleasant.
[x] For the time being, set the giants as extra guards to keep interlopers out. If you can augment their bodies with some sun powers that will not risk damaging your books, do so.
[x] It's golem makin' time!
[x] Be ready for Marisa's arrival. You wouldn't want to be distracted during a critical moment.

Awww... Why not let Marisa comes so that we can lecture her properly? I'm sure we can spare a few minutes for that.
>> No. 47638
>>47635
Why care about their safety? Being eaten by a succubus seems like a fair punishment for those two.
>> No. 47639
[x] Drop Marisa's possessions through a portal into her house.
[x] For the time being, set the giants as extra guards to keep interlopers out. If you can augment their bodies with some sun powers that will not risk damaging your books, do so.
[x] It's golem makin' time!

Delicious, delicious golems.
>> No. 47640
[x] Return Marisa's possessions. When you go to her house, put the Hakkero someplace Marisa won't immediately find it — exactly how devious you are can depend on your mood at the moment. But it is a valuable artifact that you would not mind examining again sometime, so be careful with it.
[x] If you encounter Marisa before (or while) you return her possessions, and she apologizes and asks for them back in a suitably civil manner, respond in kind and simply give her the items, perhaps with some mild chiding. If she is confrontational or otherwise antagonistic, still return her items, but be appropriately creative in the manner in which you do (portal to a random location in her house might be at the mild end). Defend yourself as necessary. Who knows? Maybe she likes waking up at Eirin's clinic.
[x] Inform Sakuya that you do not want to be disturbed by any new visitors today and tomorrow (the spider can stay). Any assistance she can provide with respect to this would be appreciated.
[x] For the time being, set the giants as extra guards to keep interlopers out. If you can augment their bodies with some sun powers that will not risk damaging your books, do so.
[x] It's golem makin' time!

Sun magic... that's Holy magic, right?
I'm starting to not see the point in saging my votes for this story. We haven't had a story this active on /sdm/ in a while.
>> No. 47641
>>47638
Punishment for what, exactly? All they've done since being swapped over to the statues is unsuccessfully hit on the moon bunny and frustrate Koa with their lack of dangly parts.
>> No. 47642
[x] Return Marisa's possessions. When you go to her house, put the Hakkero someplace Marisa won't immediately find it — exactly how devious you are can depend on your mood at the moment. But it is a valuable artifact that you would not mind examining again sometime, so be careful with it.
- [x] perhaps bind a goody two-shoes sun-elemented spirit to the focus, that would harry her when she is larcenous. No a strong one, just annoying. Perhaps it could also tell you more about the focus, while inhabiting it and act as a spy of sorts.
[x] If you encounter Marisa before (or while) you return her possessions, and she apologizes and asks for them back in a suitably civil manner, respond in kind and simply give her the items, perhaps with some mild chiding. If she is confrontational or otherwise antagonistic, still return her items, but be appropriately creative in the manner in which you do (portal to a random location in her house might be at the mild end). Defend yourself as necessary. Who knows? Maybe she likes waking up at Eirin's clinic.
[x] Inform Sakuya that you do not want to be disturbed by any new visitors today and tomorrow (the spider can stay). Any assistance she can provide with respect to this would be appreciated.
[x] For the time being, set the giants as extra guards to keep interlopers out. If you can augment their bodies with some sun powers that will not risk damaging your books, do so.
[x] It's golem makin' time!
>> No. 47643
Anyone remember the precise rule for how the medicine works? Cause I'm thinking that maybe we should actually follow the doctor's orders today.
>> No. 47644
>>47643

5d4 extra health for the day, with half the added amount on subtracted for backlash the next day.

Yes, this does mean that if we take medicine every day, in the long run we average a net gain of (5d4)/2 health every day. Of course, this is gonna have it's ups and down, and hence we still should avoid using it near peak health.
>> No. 47645
>>47644
>ups and downs
That's what Yamame is for.

[x] Take medicine today.
>> No. 47646
[x] Take medicine today.
[x] Return Marisa's possessions. When you go to her house, put the Hakkero someplace Marisa won't immediately find it — exactly how devious you are can depend on your mood at the moment. But it is a valuable artifact that you would not mind examining again sometime, so be careful with it.
[x] If you encounter Marisa before (or while) you return her possessions, and she apologizes and asks for them back in a suitably civil manner, respond in kind and simply give her the items, perhaps with some mild chiding. If she is confrontational or otherwise antagonistic, still return her items, but be appropriately creative in the manner in which you do (portal to a random location in her house might be at the mild end). Defend yourself as necessary. Who knows? Maybe she likes waking up at Eirin's clinic.
[x] Inform Sakuya that you do not want to be disturbed by any new visitors today and tomorrow (the spider can stay). Any assistance she can provide with respect to this would be appreciated.
[x] For the time being, set the giants as extra guards to keep interlopers out. If you can augment their bodies with some sun powers that will not risk damaging your books, do so.
[x] It's golem makin' time!
>> No. 47647
>>47645
How about waiting for the lower end of average first? Besides, order could take three day and we have two vials left. We could get caught by backlash on a bad time without medecine to compensate.
>> No. 47648
Somebody please explain to me why giving back Mrisa's stuff is a good idea? No, rather, explain why is it even an idea? The bitch wouldn't ever return Patchy's books, even mentioning that only death would return them. She even made Patchy contemplate murder.

So, why the fuck are we giving her stuff back? Without at least making her feel sorry for everythin she has done? Why?
>> No. 47649
>>47648

Because we're better than her?
>> No. 47650
>>47648
Do you really think Marisa is going to come, apologize, and politely ask for her books back? Fuck no, she isn't. If she, somehow, manages to do the impossible and show she has even the slightest bit of civility in her, that should be rewarded. I'm aiming to reform. Not punish.

that said, I'm not sure how giving her her things back even if she's an asshole is supposed to accomplish anything
>> No. 47651
>>47648
Let's put it this way.

She'll find a way to get them back.

Say she manages to build or acquire a SECOND unit even if its less capable than the original. NOW she has TWO HAKKAROS. Now lets let that sink in for a minute.

We would have indirectly made the pest even MORE POWERFUL.

Even if she doesn't get a second Hakkaro she'll just keep deciding the raid the library time and time again in attempts to get the Hakkaro back. This is just annoying and distracting. Also it leads to increased maintenance of the library and resetting of defensive spells.

It's gonna leave a bad taste in our mouths to do so but in the long term is less of a headache.
>> No. 47652
Because Patchy isn't Marisa.

Besides, you think she's a pest now? If she doesn't get that thing back she'll start calling in friends and cashing in favors; and if you haven't noticed Patchy's trying to do something that requires a fair level of concentration and the last thing she needs is a full-scale invasion.
>> No. 47653
Besides, when Marisa comes by to ask about the corrections and why we sent back all her stuff, we can say it's borrowing done RIGHT.

Unless she comes in pissed that we corrected her notes. Then we're in for a fight. At least we still have those two golems to tank sparks.
>> No. 47654
[x] Thank Yamame. Try to make her forced stay pleasant.
[x] For the time being, set the giants as extra guards to keep interlopers out. If you can augment their bodies with some sun powers that will not risk damaging your books, do so.
[x] It's golem makin' time!
[x] Be ready for Marisa's arrival. You wouldn't want to be distracted during a critical moment.
>> No. 47655
File 131803526151.jpg- (233.17KB , 600x700 , 4d3a3d5b99314d7b54abcc1451101c4a.jpg ) [iqdb]
47655
The first thing to do, you decide, is to get rid of Marisa's focus. There is no question that she will insist on having it back, and you would rather not be disturbed today. Just dumping it, however, leaves a bad taste in your mouth, given the object's rarity and value. Entirely aside from that, even if you don't have it, here is where she will come looking first when she realizes it is missing from both her person and her house.

You shift yourself up slowly, waving the spider out of your way as you rise.

"If you haven't eaten, I'll be summoning a maid to bring a meal shortly." You rasp.

"No, that's fine. I already ate with the others. You have really interesting food, I usually just eat whatever gets caught in my underground webs. Well, unless I know them, or they know someone I do, anyway. It's not like things I catch can talk that often, though. That Remilia gave me these clothes, after I explained why I was here, and insisted I wear them. It was nice of her!"

"Yes. Nice." You say flatly, eying the skirt hem that barely reaches the thighs, the stockings that don't quite reach up to the hem, and the deliberately tight bust of the outfit.

"Oh, right." The spider continued, and lifted one of your vials. "This is your medicine, right? Miss Eirin told me to try to bug you into taking it, whether you thought you needed it or not."

"Bah. I'm healthy enough to be active today. There's little point." You say stubbornly.

"Hey, suit yourself, she only said I had to try." the spider replies pragmatically, setting the vial back down.

You dress in your normal clothes before making a portal, intending to leave the focus at Marisa's house, somewhere a little out of the way. You have some difficulty forcing the portal to work, however, as your initial attempt produces a wavery hole slightly too small for you to comfortably move through. It takes you a few moments to stabilize it and comfortably expand the size before you can use it to travel. Floating through, you decide that it would probably be best to just leave it open, rather than close and make another one, given today's minor difficulties, and you glance around the house.

The black-white witch doesn't appear to have yet returned from Eientei: doubtless Eirin firmly insisted she remain the night, in order to assure that she was in good health before she was allowed to leave. In that case... you estimate that she has likely either only just been set loose this morning, or will be shortly, and it is only a few minutes flight between there and here. You could be interrupted at any time, and so you must move quickly.

There is a chest of drawers nearby. Most of them are packed with changes of clothing, but one is conveniently empty. You'll use that, you decide, as you take a moment to pen a brief note to the effect that you are still going over her notes, but that this item was quite interesting and you would be more than pleased to study it again.

.... A positively delightful thought, rife with amusingly poetic retribution, both a blessing and a curse in the same stroke, hits you as you finish the brief note, and you tack on an extra line to explain that you have given it a minor improvement while it was under your care. Then you set the device down and lay hand on it seriously.

"I, the summoner, step forth and humbly beseech..." You rasp, your throat scratching at the incantation. Upon finishing, you break out into a short fit of coughs, then wait.

You are rewarded after a few minutes by a lyrical whisper, as the item beneath your hand glows softly before settling down.

"I, the summoned, come forth at thy request. This humble Gandharva, servant of Urmya, lady of Night and the Celestial Order, She who protects slumber and guards against thieves, answers thy plea. For sake of duty and chastisement, shall I occupy this vessel, and lend a portion of my power to its wielder, against those targets I find just."

"... You shall have your work cut out for you." You say wryly, setting the focus down in the drawer. "But they say that even the most stubborn of hounds can eventually be taught. We shall see if this holds true in her case."

You slide the drawer closed and step back through the portal, closing it behind you and making it all of three steps before you break out into a short fit of coughs, the exertion having gotten to you. You take a moment to sit down.

Not far from you, Yamame raises the vial with a sly grin. You wave it off, knowing that at this level of health, your symptoms will subside somewhat once you've been active a little and eaten.

"Sakuya." You call, after a momentary respite.

"Yes?" the head maid answers, from directly behind you.

"I will be busy today, and likely tomorrow as well." You say. "If at all possible, I would like to be assured that I will not be disturbed. While you're here though, I would also appreciate it if someone brought meals up."

"Of course." Sakuya replies, and is gone.

You turn to the golems. Normally, at your level, there is little point in customizing them, or adding any augmentations, as opponents will simply smash through them by the dozens. The only point is if you frequent fighting pits, to set your own constructs against those of others: a practice you've never really bothered with, once you realized how generally superior your work proved to be. There was simply no further interest in it, as only the rare fluke creations could defeat your own. With them currently occupied, however, and already augmented to significant degrees directly because of that...

"Hold still you two." You say, twisting slightly at their forms and making subtle additions. Their pupils take on the shape of stylized suns.

"... What did you do?" Alcyoneus asks warily.

"You should now be able to shoot fiery beams from your eyes." You reply calmly, having stolen the idea from something you saw the moon-rabbit do once. "Enjoy that. But keep in mind, unlikely as it may be, if you somehow manage to damage one of my books then I will remove you from your current forms and forcibly bind you for all eternity to a public toilet in the most filthy, foul smelling public bathroom that I can locate." you warn.

"Noted." Porphyrion says blankly.

That done, you finally turn your attention to the golems. You begin with the chocolate pudding, having Koa open and heft the barrel to pour the contents into a waiting mold.

From there, you spend most of the morning working out how to make the runes take to the substance, as they would naturally flow apart when subject to the pudding's malleability. You make a couple of small breakthroughs before lunch, and then one large one after, crystallizing the substance in a way which it remains a part of the whole, with the more normal semi-solid chocolate flowing freely in and out of it. From there, it takes only a moment to inscribe the runes on the crystal-chocolate, without removing it entirely, and then allow it to sink back into the interior.

The golem activates.

"Remain still." You instruct. "Koakuma, set that pen down and go find a tarp or something to place so this thing can be directed out of the-"

Sakuya coughs from behind you.

".... Yes, what is it." You say crossly.

"I'm afraid you have a visitor." The maid says apologetically. "Miss Marisa has arrived, and she seems most insistent on speaking with you privately. She refuses to state her business, however."

"Send her off." You say, already beginning to turn your attention back to your work.

"I would." Sakuya replies. "But the matter seems rather unusual. For one, she seems to have walked here, and appears somewhat distressed. For another, she demanded Meiling let her pass, and refuses to leave of her own volition, but seems rather unwilling to actually enter battle over it."

".... That is unusual." You say, mind shifting to consider this. With the focus returned, and as Koa skimmed through the notes already and found nothing important enough to bring to your immediate attention before she began copying them, you cannot think of any logical reason she would be here, especially with the note you left suggesting you would soon return those as well.

You suppose the only way you will find the answer to this puzzle is to speak with the black white in person, but on the other hand, it will slightly delay your work on the golems, and you don't want for her to catch wind of them at all. But you already have the hardest bit done: the only remaining matter is tweaking the application of the magics used for the different substances the golems are to be crafted from.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47657
[x] Stop pretending you're healthier than you are and take your medicine.
[x] Speak with Marisa.
>> No. 47658
[x] Since Marisa requested a meeting correctly for once, you suppose you should meet her. She probably wouldn't do this unless it was important for her.
>> No. 47660
[x] Ensure no goop from the exotic golems is clinging to us.
[x] See what Marisa wants.
[x] Approach from a position of strength, if at all possible.
[x] Primary goal: make her go away as fast as possible, with as little entanglement in her affairs as we can get away with.
[x] Silently hope Remilia doesn't decide interfering with this would be amusing.
[x] Get back to the golems.
>> No. 47661
[x] Take the medicine.
[x] Hear Marisa Kirisame out.
[x] Preferably in a room inside the mansion, as with Dumbledore.
>> No. 47662
[X] Since Marisa requested a meeting correctly for once, you suppose you should meet her. She probably wouldn't do this unless it was important for her.
[X] Clean up and meet somewhere golem-free.
>> No. 47663
[x]Take the medicine. More will be on the way in a couple of days and Eirin obviously wants to see how it reacts with Yamame's adjustments.
[x]Make sure you didn't get any pudding on you.
[x]Have Koa fetch some tarps while you're away, and if you're gone long enough to start preparing the next set of ingredients.
[x]Assuming it's a nice day outside, ask Sakuya to set something up in an out of the way corner of the yard. Otherwise request another private room, preferably a ways away from the library.
[x]Go see what Marisa wants. She's on foot, so she might have come here directly from Eientei.
>> No. 47664
[x] Stop pretending you're healthier than you are and take your medicine.
[x] Speak with Marisa.
>> No. 47665
[X] Stop pretending you're healthier than you are and take your medicine.
[X] Speak with Marisa.
>> No. 47666
[x] Stop pretending you're healthier than you are and take your medicine.
[x] Since Marisa requested a meeting correctly for once, you suppose you should meet her. She probably wouldn't do this if she could have things her way (aka Master Spark, bitch!)

Simple and straight to the point.
>> No. 47667
[x] Stop pretending you're healthier than you are and take your medicine.
[x] Since Marisa requested a meeting correctly for once, you suppose you should meet her. She probably wouldn't do this if she could have things her way (aka Master Spark, bitch!)
>> No. 47668
>>47663
Just pointing out something, but I pretty much doubt she needs her broom to fly and probably only use one because it's part of the image of a witch. Fairy Wars did show her flying without one.
>> No. 47669
[X] Stop pretending you're healthier than you are and take your medicine.
[X] Speak with Marisa.
>> No. 47670
It may be worthwhile to have Sakuya displace the golems during the duration of this meeting. For all we know this could be an illusion or prank of some kind to disrupt Patchy's work while she's momentarily away.
>> No. 47671
[X] Take the medicine.
[X] Since Marisa requested a meeting correctly for once, you suppose you should meet her. She probably wouldn't do this unless it was important for her.
[X] Clean up and meet somewhere golem-free.

Normally I'd be reluctant to take the meds when we're above 50%, but it is probably best to put on a strong face in front of Marisa. We still don't know what she is up to. Hopefully we can spend tomorrow relatively quietly.
>> No. 47673
[X] Take the medicine.
[X] Since Marisa requested a meeting correctly for once, you suppose you should meet her. She probably wouldn't do this unless it was important for her.
[X] Clean up and meet somewhere golem-free.
>> No. 47674
[X] Take the medicine.
[X] Since Marisa requested a meeting correctly for once, you suppose you should meet her. She probably wouldn't do this unless it was important for her.
[X] Clean up and meet somewhere golem-free.
>> No. 47675
[X] Since Marisa requested a meeting correctly for once, you suppose you should meet her. She probably wouldn't do this unless it was important for her.
[X] Clean up and meet somewhere golem-free.

In any case we want to meet her away from the golems in production. A curious Marisa would likely be even more annoying and if it were to come to blows we don't want to risk the molds and materials to get damaged.
>> No. 47676
[X] Take the medicine.
[X] Since Marisa requested a meeting correctly for once, you suppose you should meet her. She probably wouldn't do this unless it was important for her.
[X] Clean up and meet somewhere golem-free.
>> No. 47677
[X] Take the medicine.
[X] Since Marisa requested a meeting correctly for once, you suppose you should meet her. She probably wouldn't do this unless it was important for her.
[X] Clean up and meet somewhere golem-free.
[X] Have Koa prepare the material for the next golem while you're busy with Marisa.
>> No. 47678
[x] Stop pretending you're healthier than you are and take your medicine.
[x] Since Marisa requested a meeting correctly for once, you suppose you should meet her. She probably wouldn't do this if she could have things her way (aka Master Spark, bitch!)
>> No. 47679
>take the medicine

inb4 25/100 health tomorrow
>> No. 47680
>>47679
We still have one dose left for tomorrow if needed! (Though not for the day after that if Eirin isn't done with our new meds by then)
I didn't vote to take the medicine but I don't mind if we end up doing that.
>> No. 47681
>>47680
If we end up sick because we followed Eirin's instructions, that's her fault. She might do something nice to compensate.
>> No. 47682
File 131809541147.png- (285.11KB , 1033x736 , 7b72671de0027e334dd201cf3eccdbd9.png ) [iqdb]
47682
"... Where did you put that vial down, spider?" You ask.

"Whaaat?" Yamame says, teasingly. "I thought you were saying 'It's fine, it'll be fine' and all that not long ago~"

"That was before I thought there was a chance I would have to duel today." You grumble. "Just give me the medicine."

She hands it over and you twist the glass top off, drinking carefully to be sure you don't cut yourself on the sharp edges. Almost immediately you can feel the ache in your chest fading somewhat, becoming more bearable as your breathing eases to a degree.Health: 75/100

"Oh wow." Yamame says. "It did not like that at all."

"I'm sure." You croak around the aftertaste. You're given to understand that good medicine tastes bad, but the cure can almost be worse than the disease...

"In any case, Koakuma, send the Greeks here to keep watch on things in case of other rats while I'm busy. Is there any chocolate on my clothes?"

"No, no you're good." Yamame says.

"... very well then. Sakuya, if a sitting room away from my books can be arranged...?"

"Of course." The maid agrees. "Follow me."

The room only has one chair set out. You occupy the space without hesitation or remorse, and it's not long before Koa enters, leading a frazzled seeming Marisa and remaining near her, just in case the situation turns sour and requires a second source of bullets.

To begin, you set a stack of corrected notes down.

"If these are what you came about, then I'm afraid that this is all I have finished, and so it's all you will get for now."

"No, of course that's not what.... huh." The stressed look seems to fade from her face for a moment as she flips through them. "This is... pretty good. I mean, I caught most of these when I actually put stuff into practice but... oh, so that's why that keeps singing my eyebrows off. Ugh, I should have figured that out long ag-never mind that." She finishes, dropping the papers back to the table.

She takes a few deep breaths to steady herself, seeming to take a minute to get her tongue in order.

"I returned your device to your home, if that is what this is about." You say.

"Yeah, I saw that right away." She grumbles, seeming all the more vexed for a moment. Another deep breath cools her head. "Anyway, I... am very. Very. Sorry."

Marisa is forcing the words through grit teeth, and makes no move to clarify what she is supposedly sorry about before she continues. A light flush has begun to rise.

"So I get that you're upset, but please! Give me back my underwear!"

... You are startled into silence by the demand, and haven't gotten your thoughts in order in time to prevent Koa's near-instant lifting of the black white's skirt hem as high as it will go. The cheeky demon whistles appreciatively.

"Yep, not a stitch." She says, as Marisa's eyes widen and her face grows progressively redder. "Very nice, though. Shapely~ I had thought with those baggy bloomers of yours that I would never figure out what you were hiding under-"

Marisa spins, and her fist drives in directly to Koa's jaw, sending her crumpling to the floor. In her humiliated fury, she follows the demon down, hands latched around her throat. She doesn't seem to realize that in so doing, she has just embarrassed herself further. You blink slowly, and then calmly avert your gaze.

"Marisa, you do realize that if you kill her, I'll simply summon her again?" You say. "Despite the quirks, she is of profound use as an assistant. In addition to this, you don't seem to have noticed, but your skirt has fallen improperly... You no longer hold any secrets from me." You say, putting it as delicately as you can.

Marisa yelps nonetheless, heaving herself off of Koa, who just lies there, smirking, and backs up against a wall, holding her skirt down and seeming to be equally prepared to burst into an explosion of rage, or tears.

"You... you saw..." she whispers, face cherry-red.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47683
[X] Take the medicine.
[X] Since Marisa requested a meeting correctly for once, you suppose you should meet her. She probably wouldn't do this unless it was important for her.
[X] Clean up and meet somewhere golem-free.
>> No. 47684
>>47683
Wow. Note to self: hit f5 before replying.
>> No. 47685
Tewi, thank you for bestowing this situation upon us.

[x] Inform Marisa that you do not possess her underwear. You didn't see a single one when you were ransacking her house.
[x] Avoid mentioning Tewi.

Protect Tewi!
>> No. 47686
It can't just be her running around bare-assed. What could be so embarrassing?

I'll think of a vote later, after work.
>> No. 47688
[x] Be ready for a sudden move from Marisa.
[x] Inform Marisa that you do not possess her underwear. You didn't see a single one when you were ransacking her house.

First because we very much don't want to be knocked down or have a laser fired in our face just because Marisa didn't think before moving. And Marisa will probably deduce herself that Tewi is the one who did it anyway.

>>47686
Actually, it could very well be just that. She certainly can't fly around unless she want to flash everyone under.
>> No. 47689
[x]You don't have her undergarments.
[x]While you didn't take them, she was away from her house for a while, so someone else with mischievous intent may have paid a visit after you left.
[x]Suggest that she acquire a pair of pants for the time being, and that she may wish to ask Sakuya if there are a pair or two lying around that the Mistress may agree to part with...

Well, if she can manage to stop laughing long enough to do so.
>> No. 47690
[x] Inform Marisa that you do not possess her underwear. You didn't see a single one when you were ransacking her house.
[x] mention few names of people that may have wandered by while she was gone, to get revenge. Like part of team 9-ball, or that news paper tengu, or Alice, or Yukari might be up to something, or perhaps it was some random fairies playing dress up.
[x] Lecture her on her poor habits of making so many enemies who may want to humiliate her.
>> No. 47691
Oh my.

[x] Be ready for a sudden move from Marisa.
[x] Inform Marisa that you do not possess her underwear.

This will do.
>> No. 47692
[x]You don't have her undergarments.
[x]While you didn't take them, she was away from her house for a while, so someone else with mischievous intent may have paid a visit after you left.
[x]If you or Koakuma wear roughly the same size clothes, offer to let her borrow some in exchange for a favor.
[x]Suggest that she acquire a pair of pants for the time being, and that she may wish to ask Sakuya if there are a pair or two lying around that the Mistress may agree to part with...



>>47686
People who wear bloomers are unlikely to be happy flashing everyone - they wear loose underwear for a reason. Still, leaving her with the options of owing Patchy, telling Remilia (and owing her) and/or going commando will be something Tewi will appreciate.
>> No. 47693
File 131810272252.jpg- (378.22KB , 786x835 , 1297775882823.jpg ) [iqdb]
47693
>>47682
[x] Inform Marisa that you do not possess her underwear.
- [x] Be deeply insulted: point out that underwear thievery is not your style, nor remotely appropriate to your own revenge.
- [x] Inquire (although not in the sort of tone of voice that would imply that you actually want to know) as to what else she has been doing that some offended party would feel that a panty raid is appropriate vengeance.


(... also, hmm. What happens if we take the medicine, get an unusually good roll of 5d4=15, and then the next morning Patchy rolls a 5 for her base health?)
>> No. 47694
>>47693
Yamame effect ensure the chances of rolling near 0 or 100 are extremely unlikely
>> No. 47695
File 131810293479.jpg- (695.51KB , 800x1119 , 16897532.jpg ) [iqdb]
47695
>>47693
Yamame would be all "Fuck that noise." and give us some ups.
>> No. 47696
[x] Inform Marisa that you do not possess her underwear.
- [x] Be deeply insulted: point out that underwear thievery is not your style, nor remotely appropriate to your own revenge.
- [x] Inquire (although not in the sort of tone of voice that would imply that you actually want to know) as to what else she has been doing that some offended party would feel that a panty raid is appropriate vengeance.
[x] If you or Koakuma wear roughly the same size clothes, offer to let her borrow some in exchange for a favor.
>> No. 47697
> - [ ] Be deeply insulted: point out that underwear thievery is not your style, nor remotely appropriate to your own revenge.

This seems like overdoing it to me, just saying.
>> No. 47698
>>Yamame effect ensure the chances of rolling near 0 or 100 are extremely unlikely

Extremely unlikely is still higher than zero.

...Right now I'm imagining Koakuma setting up an IV infusion of the medicine for Patchy on a "negative health" day just so she can be conscious. Or alternately, just knocking her out for the day so that she doesn't feel anything.

Also, something bugs me: given that Yamame stated good days would turn out to be less so, does that mean the +10 today could actually have been higher if she hadn't been around? What I'm imagining on how Yamame's effect works is that the variance of Patchy's health is much smaller than it otherwise would be, but if that was so, wouldn't make sense for her to have contributed to the health gain today, given that it would have been 56/100 sans hot spring bonus.

In either case, if we know we're going to need one heck of a health boost in a coming day, a combination of Tewi, a visit to the spring, and medicine could yield up to 30+5d4+(whatever negative effect Yamame had today, if any) hp- probably enough to bring Patchy up to functional health on all but the absolute worst of days.
>> No. 47699
>>47698
Remember that Tewi boost is LUCK. Hence, it's only a chance to give a bonus to health.
>> No. 47700
[x] Inform Marisa that you do not possess her underwear. You didn't see a single one when you were ransacking her house.
[x] Mention few names of people that may have wandered by while she was gone, to get revenge. Like part of team 9-ball, or that news paper tengu, or Alice, or Yukari might be up to something, or perhaps it was some random fairies playing dress up.
[x] Lecture her on her poor habits of making so many enemies who may want to humiliate her.
[x] Don't mention Tewi.

Now, now, let's not be too nice to the thief.
>> No. 47701
[X]You don't have her undergarments.
[X]While you didn't take them, she was away from her house for a while, so someone else with mischievous intent may have paid a visit after you left. There are certainly enough people who might have reason to do it.
>> No. 47702
[x] Inform Marisa that you do not possess her underwear. You didn't see a single one when you were ransacking her house.
[x] Mention few names of people that may have wandered by while she was gone, to get revenge. Like part of team 9-ball, or that news paper tengu, or Alice, or Yukari might be up to something, or perhaps it was some random fairies playing dress up.
[x] Lecture her on her poor habits of making so many enemies who may want to humiliate her.
[x] Don't mention Tewi.
>> No. 47703
[x] Oh. That empty drawer. It was empty when you got there, you swear!
>> No. 47705
>>47703
...Now that you've said it, I can now see why Marisa came here about that. Nice job noticing it.
>> No. 47706
[x] Inform Marisa that you do not possess her underwear. You didn't see a single one when you were ransacking her house.
[x] Mention few names of people that may have wandered by while she was gone, to get revenge. Like part of team 9-ball, or that news paper tengu, or Alice, or Yukari might be up to something, or perhaps it was some random fairies playing dress up.
[x] Lecture her on her poor habits of making so many enemies who may want to humiliate her.
[x] Don't mention Tewi.

We'll have to do something really, really nice for tewi later as a "thank you". That was simply hilarious.
>> No. 47707
[X] Enchant all of Marisa's underwear so that they make the wearer have to go to the bathroom extreamly bad.
--[X] set up the enchant so that it activates upon hearing the words; master spark

Yea...let's see her try to rob patchy now. Problem solved
>> No. 47708
[x] Inform Marisa that you do not possess her underwear. You didn't see a single one when you were ransacking her house.
[x] Mention few names of people that may have wandered by while she was gone, to get revenge. Like part of team 9-ball, or that news paper tengu, or Alice, or Yukari might be up to something, or perhaps it was some random fairies playing dress up.
[x] Lecture her on her poor habits of making so many enemies who may want to humiliate her.
[x] Don't mention Tewi.
>> No. 47709
File 131812082347.jpg- (209.50KB , 556x752 , 45829e0791b71c68544db2351991d492.jpg ) [iqdb]
47709
"Yes, yes I saw everything. I assure you, it wasn't so spectacular as Koakuma implies." You say disinterestedly, stalling for a moment to think, as the witch twitches, teeth grit. Obviously, Tewi did it.

Normally, you would just point this out and send the witch on her way, but you don't think that the rabbit would appreciate that. And that could color the next outing somewhat. Probably best not to, then.

"... And what makes you think I would bother with your undergarments?" You ask dryly, before turning your head. "Koakuma, tea. Then return to your other duties."

"Yeah, yeah." Koa slurs, rubbing at her jaw as she rises, slightly dazed. "I'll get right on that."

"Good. Have the spider bring it, as well. I'm sure Marisa is currently most unimpressed with you."

Koa waves a hand vaguely as she leaves. It may be your imagination, but a little of the witch's tension seems to drain as she goes. Not all of it though, by any means.

"... Normally I wouldn't be thinking you." Marisa admits, still seeming to be going out of her way to assure herself that her skirt is in proper position. "I mean, I wake up at Eientei, I can feel immediately that stuff is missing, right? But Eirin didn't notice, I think, so the obvious bet was Tewi. So I just quietly leave and go to put on a spare pair before I start busting heads."

"Naturally." You say.

It occurs to you that your neck is starting to ache from looking up at the odd angle. Making the intruder stand wasn't quite as good an idea as you had thought, then. With a twitch, you craft a wooden chair. Not all at once, you don't feel quite like pushing your luck there, but with snaking tendrils of wood growing from a focus point, wrapping around each other and bulging out to take the proper form.

"Have a seat." You instruct.

"... Yeah, I think I'd rather just stand." Marisa responds, eying the chair warily. You don't initially grasp why, until your mind pieces together the traditional worries of young women towards things appearing to bear even a slight tentacular nature, with her current state of clothing, or lack thereof. You sigh.

"Your chastity is secure." You assure her dryly. "If I had any manner of aims in that regard, I'd have manipulated the wooden wall you're currently leaning against."

She reacts much as you expect to that declaration, starting and jerking bodily away from the flat surface before her mind catches up to the rest of her, to remind her that she is, in fact, surrounded by wood on all sides. She breathes deeply and steps over, sitting quietly down at the offered place. Seeing her like this is fairly jarring, actually. Quiet and insecure, going well out of her way to keep from showing any glimpses of anything her clothing can reasonably cover. Almost a direct opposite of her usual brashness.

"You aren't..." She says, seeming conflicted, and unable to quite put her thoughts to words. Almost as though she was balancing relief... and insult. How quaint.

"I believe you were telling me why you leapt to your bizarre conclusion?" You say dryly, rather than press any further that way. You didn't want her worrying over nothing, but neither did you relish the thought of possible attempts made to force you to take note. Better to simply redirect the topic of conversation.

"Y-yeah." Marisa says awkwardly, shifting in place, hands firmly in her lap. "So I got out, and I had to walk, because even if I had my broom it gets pretty splintery sometimes, which is why I have my bloomers extra thick. If it's just my dress, the fabric is... it's kind of thin.." She says, verbally stumbling as she recalls that the dress is all that is between her and the rest of the world. She presses on, though. ".. and even with a second layer from the underskirt, splinters will just push through and that gets irritating when they get.. um, well it can take some time to pick a well stuck one out of the fabric. And if I just flew, than anyone who happened to be beneath would see..."

She seems to be getting a little frazzled, but fortunately the door opens then, and Yamame saunters through.

She is still wearing the nurse outfit. You feel a slight headache coming on as you begin to imagine how Marisa might be taking this, as you hadn't paused to consider a request to change back to her normal clothes. If Remilia would even give her back her normal clothes.

"Yes, just put the tea down." You instruct tiredly, even as Marisa seems slightly tenser again, gaze shifting between the two of you rapidly. "Then go back to whatever you do that's not manipulating illness."

"Guess I can see if I can't find out what kind of beer you drink up here." The spider says cheerily.

"It's a bit early in the day, isn't it?"

".... It's what in the what?" The spider responds, not seeming to grasp that there were 'good' and 'bad' times to drink.

"... Never mind, do as you please." You say, waving her off. She waves cheerily back as she goes. With no proper server at hand, you are forced to set the metal tea pot to pouring itself into the cups.

"Do go on. Feel free to skip ahead a bit, if it's of no importance." You say.

"Right.." Marisa replies, taking the cup gratefully. ".. So, it took me a couple hours of walking, but I got back to my house... only all my bloomers were gone there too. And I was still thinking 'Obviously it was Tewi that did this', but now I'm panicking a little, because I can't fight without underwear, if I have to kick then I'm just, just showing everything to anyone that takes a look, but then I realize that the Hakkero's sitting there and you've left a note..."

"... Ah. I hadn't paused to wonder why that drawer was empty." You admit, considering the matter as Marisa trails off, taking refuge in the tea. "I had simply intended to place the item somewhere it would not be immediately found, and took the emptiness as a sign of disuse."

"Why would I have one drawer empty, when all the others are stuffed with clothes." Marisa grumbles. "I'm not even mad that you went through my things, you won after all, but still..."

"Then you are quite serious in your philosophy of the victor claiming whatever spoils they please?" You say, suddenly interested. "Even when you yourself are not coming out ahead from the situation."

"H-hey... what's that look about?" She says, seeming to become tense again. ".. I thought you said you-"

"Oh, you're mistaken." You interrupt. "I'm simply fascinated to learn that you are not, in fact, a hypocrite, as I had assumed."

"H... hey, that's a little harsh..."

"Oh, it's simple experience." You say. "You're not the first I've met with such an attitude, and invariably they recant their positions if the situation shifts against their favor. But in any case, as I said, I do not have your underthings. It's not impossible that Tewi took them, I didn't feel the need to keep a direct eye on her at all times." You admit. "But I'm certain there were other spectators as well, though I could not determine their number or any details. It's not impossible either that a particularly bold fae entered your home to work mischief. And neither can I recall whether I had you brought in or left outside as I collected my things, once more it was not a matter I deemed of particular import. These are simply the most likely options, of course: I'm sure you have other enemies that wouldn't mind lowering themselves to small pettiness, and more minor youkai can be as mischievous in their humors as the fae. Really, there's any number of potential suspects."

"... I... You're right." Marisa says, seeming unhappy. "... Ugh, I'd never manage to pin this on anyone without catching them red-handed or making someone confess. And that rabbit's no fool, if she did take them, then by this time of day they're all long gone. That doesn't help me at all... I was just in at Rinnosuke's the other day too, and he doesn't have any fabrics in stock, so I can't just make more without... walking straight into the village, in nothing but my dress, and hoping nobody realizes that-"

Marisa is trembling slightly, and you sigh. Partly out of honest pity, but mostly because you can't imagine why she's bothering you with this. Well, you certainly aren't interested in giving up your own unless there are absolutely no other options, and you doubt that she would find them suitable anyway, if she keeps to her heavy bloomers, unless she is particularly desperate.

"Sakuya." You say, and continue even as the maid arrives. "I understand Remi keeps clothes for guests. This includes underthings?"

"Of course." The maid replies, and holds her hands out. She's already been and gone, it seems, as one holds a skimpy patch of triangular cloth held in place by thongs, and the other is a mass of lace and ribbons, which you realize after a moment would not even go near any intimate regions, instead leaving a large opening. Marisa looks appalled at them both.

"Those won't do." You say. "Are there suitable male..." You trail off as she moves the hand with the thong and cloth in it meaningfully. "... I see. Perhaps servant's items would be more appropriate?"

"Perhaps." Sakuya says, and is suddenly holding an outfit similar to her own. Marisa seems relieved... and then slowly goes red as she sees the undergarments in her other hand, lacy and thin, almost transparent, only better than the first set by virtue of the fact that they do actually cover all of the important parts.

"They come as a set, I am afraid, and they cannot simply be loaned out: recipients must serve the mansion for a time." Sakuya says apologetically.

"Yes, again, male garments might be preferable in this case." You say.

"I am afraid that the same rule applies for these." Sakuya says, though her hands now hold a butler outfit of roughly Marisa's size.

She seems much happier about the pants, though there is still significant uncertainty.

"... I don't know that I'd be okay with working for your boss, with no disrespect meant..." She says awkwardly, though her eyes are fixed on the outfit, and her hands are once more in her lap.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 47710
[x] You can work for me. If you want.

Yessssssssssss.
>> No. 47711
What do you do?

[X] Duff off in a huff.

You've done your part, Marisa has her mini-hakero back and you've convinced her that Patchy did NOT steal Marisa's Special Things.

You even went out of your way to try finding temporary replacements. Not your fault that she's apparently not satisfied with them.
>> No. 47712
[x] You can work for me. If you want.

Do make sure there is no loophole for her to exploit.
>> No. 47713
[x] Tell Marisa that it's her choice, whether she takes the offer or leaves with empty ... without underclothes.
[x] Excuse yourself, you have business to take care of.

Well, it is, really.
>> No. 47714
[x] Tell Marisa that it's her choice.
[x] Excuse yourself, you have business to take care of.

Not like we're going to decide for her what she should do.
>> No. 47715
[x] You can work for me. If you want.
>> No. 47716
[x] You can work for me. If you want.

No sense in letting slip an opportunity to get a powerful witch indebted to us.
>> No. 47717
[x] You can work for me. If you want.

No sense in letting slip an opportunity to get a powerful witch indebted to us.
>> No. 47718
[x] You can work for me. If you want.

No sense in letting slip an opportunity to get a powerful witch indebted to us.
>> No. 47719
>>47715 >>47716 >>47717 >>47718
These guys seem legit.
>> No. 47720
Herping a derp. Disregard multiposts.
>> No. 47721
"By the way... why didn't you just asked to use my library? Ever?"
>> No. 47722
[x] You can work for me. If you want.

Introducing a Gensokyoan(?) human to the human world outside... This should be interesting.
>> No. 47723
[x] You can work for me. If you want.

It's silly, it's likely to backfire, and it has a chance of derailing things majorly. So yeah, definitely going with this vote choice.
>> No. 47724
[x]You could work for me, if you want. You would, however, need to sign a binding non-disclosure agreement for the term of service, in case any... sensitive commissions come in.

Marisa gets some hands-on experience in Golemcrafting(Exotic), and Patchy gets someone to shovel a chunk of the inevitable fallout on.
>> No. 47725
Do we even have any tasks appropriate for Marisa? We've got the golems.. we've got to improve the wards... that's it, right?

Ah, we could have her make healing potions! She's into that messy alchemy stuff; surely she's got some remedy or another. It's a simple task that we don't care very much about.
>> No. 47726
>>47725
Someone has to melt all that marshmallow and mix the several varieties of gelatin requested.
>> No. 47727
[x] Tell Marisa that it's her choice.
[x] Excuse yourself, you have business to take care of.
>> No. 47728
Well, we could just make whatever she needs, but does she have anything we want in exchange for that ?

Ah, get her to make healing potions is an idea worth considering for either deal, but only if we need them in bulk (how exactly are we going to teach anyway, hands-on enough that drinking some healing potions will be a regular thing ?).

That could save a few days of brewing, but on the other hand, we can buy any common ones in bulk anyway by just making a diamond or something ...
>> No. 47729
[x] Since the idea of working for Remilia seems to bother her, ask Sakuya if it would be acceptable for Marisa to work for you if she chooses to stay.
[x] Tell Marisa that it's her choice.
[x] Excuse yourself, you have business to take care of.

Even if Marisa accepts the offer, we can't just say she'll work for us. Remember what happened when we tried giving orders to Sakuya?
>> No. 47730
>>47721
Betting a shot she says something about not having a library card.
>> No. 47731
[x] Tell Marisa that it's her choice.
- [x]Someone has to melt all that marshmallow and mix the several varieties of gelatin requested.
- [x] as to the inevitable question: "It is a commission; I neither know, nor wish to know, the intended use."
[x] Excuse yourself, you have business to take care of.
>> No. 47732
>>47729
>Remember
Yeah, we got an awesome scene. I would very much like another awesome scene.

>>47728
Paying for everything with gems is boring. And will probably attract unwanted attention. ... Wanted attention.
>> No. 47733
Hmm, I'd forgotten that it had been recommended to have a pile of healing potions on hand in case something went awry in the sweetmerlinshe'sgonnakillusallApplied Defense courses and fobbing off that kind of drudge work does have it's appeals. Just make sure she has the appropriate tome to reference and that she's supervised.
>> No. 47734
[x] You may work for me, if you wish. (first get approval from Sakuya)
- [x]Someone has to melt all that marshmallow and mix the several varieties of gelatin requested.
- [x] as to the inevitable question: "It is a commission; I neither know, nor wish to know, the intended use."
>> No. 47735
(Go away for a day and...) Wow. Not an insecurity I expected for Marisa at all...

A very interesting take on her, also with her odd sense of honor.

Doesn't Reimu also wear bloomers? (Fires up Hisoutensoku... Huh. Patchy's pretty short compared to the others in there.) Yup. Youmu looks like another possibility. Meiling wears kung-fu pants... and I am not investigating this topic any further.

[x] Offer to open a portal to the Hakurei shrine so she may ask to borrow a pair from the miko, in exchange for not disturbing you or your library for, say, the next week. That way there is no need for her to walk through the village in such a... vulnerable state. Or she can choose to work for Remila. Or possibly try challenging Meiling for her pants, if she can stand the rumors that would start.
[x] Gol-em! Gol-em! Gol-em!

Assuming Marisa holds herself to such a bargain, this way we have plenty of time to finish the golems in peace, as well as starting on moving / displacing / defending the library.

While having her work for us might be interesting, I'm not sure how it would be productive. And Patchy would probably not do something that is so likely to backfire spectacularly (even more so with her making "healing" potions). But as it likely will be interesting, I won't complain if that wins.
>> No. 47736
>>47735
How would Patchy know that? Unless.. she used the same method as you. Looking up others' skirts in the middle of a fight. This does not seem like her.
>> No. 47737
>>47736
Danmaku -> midair acrobatics -> lots of pantyshots. Patchy wouldn't need to go out of her way to figure out what her opponents are wearing, though she probably wouldn't bother to remember who wears what.
>> No. 47738
File 131813962988.gif- (38.12KB , 300x476 , 8ba4d328a6a79b62216996abf7a023f3.gif ) [iqdb]
47738
"That need not be an issue." You interrupt calmly.

Personally, this ranks somewhere around the very last thing you want to do. As a magician, though, you almost cannot help but snatch at the opportunity to put another magic user in a subservient position to you.

"The terms, as I understand them, are merely that you serve 'the mansion' for a time. As it happens, working beneath me would also satisfy those conditions, would it not?"

"... I would not be so sure that milady will see it that way." Sakuya says, after a moment of consideration.

"That may be the case." You reply, noting that, oddly enough, much of the tension seems to have drained from Marisa. Not all, but she is apparently more comfortable with being in your hands than Remilia's. How odd. You suppose it is due to the fact that word only gets around about Remilia and her whims, and there are fewer stories to tell about you, as a taskmaster. Well, you suppose she will have opportunity to learn. "If Remi objects, let her know I am willing to discuss the matter in person. Of course, if you would prefer, I could transport you directly to... the shrine maiden wears bloomers, correct? I saw them in her assortment of clothing at the hot spring. As does that oni, as I recall, though I doubt they will be of a proper size. I can place you shortly away from the base of the steps."

"I... she..." Marisa mumbles, looking slightly distressed. "... I would never hear the end of it, since I'd have to explain why I needed them. And Suika wouldn't think to hold her tongue, and she'd get offended if I asked her to lie about it, so the story would be all over Gensokyo..."

"I'll take that as a no, then." You say. "Of course, the option to simply leave and take your chances with the village remains available."

"... Exactly how long of a 'time' are we talking, here?" Marisa asks slowly.

"The traditional length of servitude in exchange for favors? A year and a day." You say, and note that Marisa is starting to balk at the length. Yes, that is a long time for shorter lifespans, you suppose. "This is a small and unimportant matter however, so I suppose I need not cling too tightly to tradition. I will keep you until the end of the month: more than sufficient time, in theory at least, to replace your garments. Claim you have lost a bet of some nature if you will, the story will not be inspected too deeply."

"Yes, the mistress does enjoy little gambles. I recall once, a bet over whether miss Patchouli could teach a fairy magic." Sakuya reminisces fondly.

"... I had thought we agreed not to discuss that matter." You say shortly.

"You agreed, yes." Sakuya says with a smile, and continues. "In any case, an agreement was reached, that milady would pick the fairy, but from a certain room, and miss Patchouli made sure to have all but what she deemed the most suitable of the maids, after inspection, to be elsewhere at the time. Now, I'm sure you've met that lake fairy?"

"... what, that one?" Marisa says, interested. "Yeah, she's kind of hard to miss, when she decides she has a bone to pick with you."

"Yes, just the same. In any case, no one ever quite figured out how, but she somehow received word of the whole situation. As it happens, milady and miss Patchouli entered the room at the appointed time, just in time to see her neatly pull the head off of the last of the fairies that were supposed to be there. Of course, to this milady simply turns to miss Patchouli and says 'Well, it would seem the choice is obvious, no?'."

Marisa laughs, even as you frown.

"Yes. It was hilarious." You say flatly. "In any case, I won the wager, though I had to resort in the end to a simple thing, a pattern of runes that I could simply beat into the fae's thick skull until she had it memorized to the point she could regurgitate it in her sleep."

... Now that you think about it, you had given up golems not long after that, absolutely sick of the things. Well, you doubt that the fairy retained her learnings for particularly long, and it isn't as though she had an abundance of metal available, or the patience to take the time to work it, wood, or stone into suitable shapes for the runes to be useful. In hindsight, likely not just the easiest course of action, but the safest.

You shake your head as you rise.

"In any case, I have work to return to. If you require a few minutes to consider.."

"Nah, won't need that." the witch says, looking much more relaxed than before. "I'll have to put a sign out that I'm closed for business right now, but it's not like I've never done that before, and what customers I get aren't really the sort that will up and die if they have to wait another two weeks to get ahold of me."

"Very well then." You say. "Also, you understand that I may undertake sensitive matters from time to time... business and commissions."

"Yeah, I getcha Patchy. Not like it would be good business for me to blab about which kiddo wants a potion to get which girls attention, or which old guy wants a... tonic to get the blood flowing because his wife has been complaining about not getting attention from him and all. Uh... I don't guess... could you guys maybe step out of the room for a minute, while I change?"

You brush off her hesitance as you make your way out.

"I'll be in the library, working on my current matter." You say. "I'm sure you know the way."

She arrives only a few short minutes after you do.

---

Huh, looks like autosage is near. I'd start writing a Koa Korner and prepping a new thread, but it's late. Will do when I wake up, or something.
>> No. 47739
So... Snowman Golems?
>> No. 47740
Oh wow, narrative conventions indicate that Patchy has guaranteed Cirno will work out how to make runes work in snow and ice. Quite possibly in time to follow Patchy to Hogwarts.
>> No. 47741
>>47739
Minecraft, in my Touhou?

Also, I really like the way you portray Sakuya.
>> No. 47742
You're hitting autosage again?
At this rate, we'll hit thread No.10 before we have finished all preperations on Augest 31th.
>> No. 47744
So THAT's why Cirno is using freaking Ice Golem in Doll's Quest.

Also, a question for the Koa Korner: can you get us some basic info what wards and seals Patchy has access to. Gotta start brainstorming on those defenses.
>> No. 47745
>>47742
Frequent updates will do that.
>> No. 47746
>>47740

Imagine: Cirno learning how to use HP magic...and now I have this image of Cirno swinging a wand around like a small sword to cast spells.
>> No. 47747
>>47744

I suddenly am very angry. Damn you Patchy!
>> No. 47748
>Well, you certainly aren't interested in giving up your own unless there are absolutely no other options, and you doubt that she would find them suitable anyway, if she keeps to her heavy bloomers

Oh-ho. Does Patchouli have some fancy underwear?
>> No. 47749
>>47748
Now I'm curious!
>> No. 47750
File 131818313025.jpg- (121.23KB , 676x838 , 83aa677c1793bc9bcb66996cd958e58a.jpg ) [iqdb]
47750
Hijack'd!

Hakkero- This is Marisa's laser-box! It's got a bunch of fancy magic gold plated on the outside. That's pretty rare, since most of the veins got mined out by Dwarves, like most of the magic silver veins got mined out or hidden by Elves. They're both dicks about their magic metals, but Dwarves are more so. The beardy jerks.

Yamame- The magic flu-spider! Uh, what she's doing is like... taking a straight line, and turning it into a bell, I think? Not much point to that, I guess, unless music really helps sick people. Or maybe the bell is magic! Yeah, that's got to be it.

Portaling a copy of Marisa's notes to the lake- THIS IS A GREAT IDEA AND YOU SHOULD DO IT RIGHT AWAY, OKAY?

Bold fairies rummaging through Marisa's house while she's out of it.- ... I wouldn't know anything about that. Seriously.

Gandharva- Whaggala?

Urmya- I... guess she's a queen? Or a goddess! One of the two, or both, or something.

Scarlet Bet- Well, it's like they always say. 'You can't get ahead in life if you can't pull the other guy's head off'. Or something, I don't exactly remember how that was supposed to go. More importantly, everything worked out excellently!

Wards and stuff- Uh, there's a thing that should stop people from popping in unexpectedly, though it doesn't do anything to stop her, and doesn't bother Yukari at all. Kept that bird out, though. And there's stuff on her books, to keep them from getting messed up, but I don't know if she has as much interest in keeping up with stuff that defends people.
>> No. 47751
>Portaling a copy of Marisa's notes to the lake- THIS IS A GREAT IDEA AND YOU SHOULD DO IT RIGHT AWAY, OKAY?
Okay.
>> No. 47753
New thread: >>47752
>> No. 47754
> Portaling a copy of Marisa's notes to the lake- THIS IS A GREAT IDEA AND YOU SHOULD DO IT RIGHT AWAY, OKAY?
To the lake? Not to the bottom of it? More like a place where it stays perfectly readable for anyfairy to find? What could possibly go wrong.
>> No. 47879
>"Guess I can see if I can't find out what kind of beer you drink up here." The spider says cheerily.
BEER SPIDER! OH, HOW I'VE MISSED YOU!


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x