[Return]
Archived Thread

File 139472959040.jpg - (35.38KB , 1131x707 , skyrim.jpg ) [iqdb]
178140 No. 178140
The Chim El-Adabal.

Also known as the ‘Amulet of Kings’, it was the symbol of the monarch of Tamriel, passed down from generation to generation inside of the royal Septim bloodline. Some said it was actually a soul gem of an Ayleid origin, some said it was a magic container that contains enough magicka to rival even the Magnus Himself, some said it was just a petty gem that the first king just happened to came upon at a street vendor some day. There was a lot of speculation about the origin of this sign of the Cyrodiilic throne.

But the most popular, of course, was the story of Saint Alessia and her pact with the Dragon God Akatosh.

Referencing the ‘History of Tamriel’, the humans of Tamriels was once enslaved by a race of Daedara-worshipping Mer called ‘The Ayleids’. Akatosh, the ruler of the noble Aedra, creator of the world of Nirn, took pity upon the plight of men, drew blood from His own heart, and blessed Alessia, the leader of the human rebellion and a matriarch of the Septim line, with the blood of dragon. And thus, Akatosh formed the sacred pact, that as long as Alessia’s bloodline remains pure to their Dragon blood, then so the Aedra will close the gate of Oblivion, protecting men from the might of the daemonic Daedra, of which the Ayleid have drawn their powers from.

The amulet, along with the Septim line, was destroyed at the Temple of the One, when the last of the Septim, Martin, utterly destroyed his mortal body when he channeled the true might of Akatosh to fight against the Daedric Prince of chaos, Mehrunes Dagon, in the final battle of Oblivion at the heart of Imperial City.

Without a rightful king, it seems that Tamriel as a whole is descending upon its end. The Elves of Summerset Isles are invading from the south, and the Nords of Skyrim are rebelling in the north, and various other problems are currently bogging down and bleeding the empire dry, including some sighting reports of Oblivion creatures that are roaming the mortal realm once more. Whether or not that this is an insult to the Septim line, it is clear that a new king needs to be crowned, and for that king to be accepted, the Amulet of Kings needs to be recreated.

And this is where you come in.

You are Dovahkiin, the youngest son of Akatosh and the Archmage of the College of Winterhold, and a master blacksmith capable of bending even the law of nature to make the finest armors and weapons ever seen by men. You were tasked of re-forging the Chim El-Adabal, put a rightful king on the throne, and to save Tamriel from the brink of destruction.

And you messed up.

Maybe you put the main blood-red crystal that had become the symbol of the Septim Dynasty front side back, or maybe you got the order of the eight gems that is the symbol of the eight divines wrong, maybe you have the entire thing forged upside down, no matter what, something important exploded, and now you find yourself falling.

This is not the first time that you have accidentally created a transportation portal, but this is the first time that the other end ended up somewhere that isn’t on the ground level. Spinning helplessly as the rush of air from below slammed against you, you take a quick glance at the scenery below. You are pretty sure that you are high enough to see the entire continent, either that, or is that actually a giant magical wall along the horizon?

You quickly take notes of various landmarks that dotted the land. There is a huge lake straight at the middle of your view, a big red mansion at the edge of it, some kind of village not far from the lake, thick forests that surrounds them all…you are definitely not in the snowy Winterhold anymore…you’re not even sure if you’re still in Skyrim…this climate looks way too warm…

Other than those mentioned, you also see a mountain quite far away from where you guess you’re going to land… oh, wait, right, land.

[ ] Gotta stay fly!

-Levitation.
Note: The Levitation Act is a law passed throughout the Empire in 3E 421 that banned the use of levitation magic.

-Summon undead dragon from Hell.
Note: technically, he’s your brother.

-Summon other flying thing. (Write-Ins)

[ ] Brace for Impact!

-Alteration magic.

-Become ethereal.

-Dragon Aspect.
Note: Bring forth the true power of a Dragonborn and become as resilient as a true dragon.

No. 178144
[X] Brace for Impact!
[X] Dragon Aspect
[X] Try to fall on someone, you'll probably kill a bandit. The roads are full with bandits.
All the roads. EVERY ROAD.
No. 178145
[x]Gotta stay fly!
-Test out that spell you've been working on. It's a modification of one from Morrowind, the difference being that landing doesn't cause every bone in the user's body to shatter. At least in theory.

Well, this looks interesting. I'll enjoy reading it until it fizzles out and dies. Keep a regular schedule, writer, and I say this as someone who hasn't fallen off the wagon so much as leaped from it and over a nearby cliff.
No. 178146
[X] Brace for impact!
-[X] Become Ethereal.
--[X] Failing that, aim for the lake!

As badass as it would be to ride to the village on the wings of a skeletal dragon, Become Ethereal is the only 100% effective anti-fall-damage magical effect. The only thing is, you can't shout mid-fall, and it might not last long enough to get us to the ground. Hopefully the water here is as soft as in Skyrim. inb4 Lake End

So, just from the description, we are a relatively high-level Dragonborn, with level 100 smithing, possibly legendary. Given the votes, we're probably a powerful mage, but being Archmage doesn't actually imply high-level casting, given you can get in with only a Shout. Other possible skills for a Smithing build would include Enchanting, Speech (gotta sell all the rings you spammed to train), and Light Armor/One-Handed. We've definitely completed Dragonborn and Dawnguard (We have Dragon Aspect and Summon Durnehviir), and we most likely sided with the Dawnguard as we haven't mentioned anything about the sun.

This looks promising. Don't die on us.
No. 178147
[X] Summon undead dragon from Hell.

Wouldn't he continue falling INTO the earth if he was ethereal?

Dragon aspect won't work, since a dragon would die from falling from this height.
No. 178148
[X] Brace for impact!
-[X] Become Ethereal.
--[X] Failing that, aim for the lake!

I use become ethereal all the time on high hrothgar, maybe OP will let us shout in midair?
No. 178149
[X] Brace for impact!
-[X] Become Ethereal.
No. 178151
[X] Brace for Impact!
-Become ethereal.
Taking no chances
No. 178152
[X] Brace for impact!
-[X] Become Ethereal.
--[X] Failing that, aim for the lake!
No. 178153
[x]Gotta stay fly!
-Test out that spell you've been working on. It's a modification of one from Morrowind, the difference being that landing doesn't cause every bone in the user's body to shatter. At least in theory.

I want levitation dammit! Gah why did they take out flight spells in Skyrim and Oblivion!?
No. 178155
[x]Gotta stay fly!
-Test out that spell you've been working on. It's a modification of one from Morrowind, the difference being that landing doesn't cause every bone in the user's body to shatter. At least in theory.
No. 178156
[X] Brace for impact!
-[X] Become Ethereal.
--[X] Failing that, aim for the lake!

Just so you know, one fucking knee joke and im outta here.
No. 178157
[X] Brace for impact!
-[X] Become Ethereal.
--[X] Failing that, aim for the lake!

This looks potentially promising.
No. 178158
[X]Gotta stay fly!
-[X]Test out that spell you've been working on. It's a modification of one from Morrowind, the difference being that landing doesn't cause every bone in the user's body to shatter. At least in theory.
[X]Failing that, aim for the lake!
No. 178159
[x]Gotta stay fly!
-Test out that spell you've been working on. It's a modification of one from Morrowind, the difference being that landing doesn't cause every bone in the user's body to shatter. At least in theory.

>>178153
I think this is a vote for a spell version of Scroll of Icarian Flight, not Levitation.

And I love it, one of the best things about starting Morrowind over was listening to that stupid, pompous Wizard scream his lungs out before exploding into the ground.
No. 178161
>>178159
I liked that, I also liked the Frost battle axe you could get in that tree stump in Seyda Neen near the lighthouse.

I'm pissed that I lost my Morrowind disk because at the time I lost it, my character was at level 114 with all stats at 100 and all my major, minor, and miscellaneous skills at 100, except for medium armor and armorer.

And before you ask, I was able to do that by exploiting a bug where you can continuously ask this one Bouyant Armiger in Molag Mar to give you training in long blades even when your longblade skill reaches 100. It allowed me to continuously level and thus slowly get all my stats to 100. Then I lost the disk! I wanted to see how my over-leveled character would do in Tribunal and Bloodmoon, in addition to seeing if I could somehow train my armorer and medium armor skills to 100.
No. 178192
[x] TGM
No. 178242
Wait for it…

The lake surface is coming closer and closer towards you. The surface is so pristine, just like a mirror. You can clearly see the reflection of the afternoon sky, with lots of fat tiny clouds drifting lazily in the air. You realize that the lake is actually really big, gigantic, even, probably big enough to put an entire city inside of its depth. If you fall in the middle of it, from above you would look like nothing more but a little speck of dust on the surface of a very large and beautiful stained glass.




Wait for it…

Utilizing to the fullest what little flying instinct you have from your dragon heritage, you read the rush of air, and you realize that you can see the path of the sky, just like a real dragon could. Carefully, you bend and twist your limbs, in such way that gives you the most control upon your falling. But alas, thermal current doesn’t mean much when you don’t have wings.

Wait for it…

Now, let’s just hope that dragon instinct of yours covers this little basic maneuver called ‘landing’.

FEIM

The first word, ‘Feim’, means fade. With this word, you command your very being into a state of nonexistence. A state where you can neither be touch nor be touched, harm nor be harmed, love nor be loved. A state where your very essence is erased, where not even you dearest companion would be able to remember your name, a state where your own mother won’t even remember if she had ever given birth to you. Your deed in life is undone and forgotten, as your body decays into nothingness. You are no longer part of the world, you. Are. Nothing.

ZII

The second word, ‘Zii’, means spirit. Even as your body is destroyed, your spirit remains. The spirit that inspires the people around you, the spirit that your dearest companion had followed and sworn to protect with her life, the spirit that had been given to you by the hard work of your father and mother, the spirit that had been forged by your deeds and achievements. Even when you are no longer in this world, even when you have become nothing, you have left your marking in this world. It is your mark that will be remembered, a proof that you ARE.

GRON

The last word, Gron, means bind. You are bound to the world, through your desires, your wishes, your dreams, your purposes, and your goals, and all the other reasons of why you do not yet want to disappear.

With these three words of power, you keep yourself halfway inside the void. You exist, yet you are nothing. You are there, but you are nowhere. In the border between existence and nonexistence, nothing can hurt you.

And thus, you calmly gaze upon your very own reflection on the surface of the lake, getting bigger and bigger and bigger until, for a mere phanto-second, you are able to examine the darkened part below your eyes.

SPLASH!

You ‘land’ feet first into the water, as your dragon instinct dictates. But as your submerge yourself into the lake, the lake surface is not disturbed. Your entrance did not create even a single ripple on the glass like surface of this magnificent lake, it as if it doesn’t even realize that you are there.

You keep on sinking until the effect of the Dragon Shout wears off and your corporeal body snaps back into existence. Due to the very clear water, sunlight penetrates all the way to the bottom of the lake, revealing various underwater flora and fauna. Various fishes with reflective scales that seem glowing under the sunlight form packs and swim around in schools, while the bigger, more independent fishes swim freely, hunting for food for themselves. And lying down at the very bottom, there is an underwater jungle filled with algae, corals and seaweeds of various colors. Honestly, you are impressed; this is more like a shallow ocean rather than a lake. No matter where you look, there is life to be seen. Most of these species you don’t even recognize! You can name on top of your head plenty of high level alchemists that would kill just to get one specimen from here.

You deduct that you are about a quarter ways down from the surface. Nothing that would requires more than a few seconds of swimming. At least here the water is neither freezing nor filled to the brim with Slaughterfish.

It takes no time until your head finally breach the surface. Your wet scalp feels cool as a light breeze swipes among your hair. Cleaning water from your eyes, you finally see how big the lake actually is from the surface level. Looking around, almost all you can see is water, going anywhere would take considerable amount of swimming, so much swimming, in fact, that a lesser man would probably tires out and drown.

Remembering again all the exotic plant and animals that you’ve seen at the bottom of the lake, you are filled with a mixture of excitement and worries. In one hand, you have probably found a place that hasn’t been mapped by anyone in Tamriel, which means a lot of chance for exploration and new experimentation. In the other hand, you are probably very, very, very far away from home, and you have an amulet to finish. Sooner or later, you would need to find a way home.

Due to your Dragon instinct, you are gifted with a magnificent sense of direction. You always know where south, east, west and north are. From your memory and mental map you made as you fell down to the lake, you know that the red mansion you saw, probably belongs to a jarl, mayor, lord, or someone of high standing, is directly behind you, about fifteen minutes of swimming. The village you saw is somewhere in front of you, ten minutes of swimming plus about half an hour walking or ten minutes by horse. You believe that either the village or the red mansion is probably the best place to go to learn of your whereabouts. Maybe you can even find a map?

Or, since you are already here, why not do some experiment? You already established that there are a lot of undiscovered alchemical ingredients at the bottom of the lake, but maybe there are even more deep inside that forest around the lake! And maybe you can even find new kind of metal to make some new alloy with!

[ ] Try to find a way home.
-The red mansion.
-The village.

[ ]SCIENCE!
-Forest.
-Lake

[ ]Something completely different. (Write Ins.)



Note: sorry for my flawed English. my primary language doesn't even have tenses, or plural, or anything really. it's a really simple language.
No. 178244
[X] Try to find your way home.
-[X] The red mansion.

I could come up with some in-story reason to visit the local Jarl or something, but honestly I just want to meet Meiling.

Also, I haven't really noticed any issues with your English. The only thing I saw was, in the OP, you had a lot of run-on sentences, and even then it's a minor issue.
No. 178245
[X] Try to find your way home.
-[X] The red mansion.

Only saw a few mistakes nothing to bad such as experiment missing the s and a couple of others.
No. 178246
[X]SCIENCE!
-Lake

By science I assume you mean eating fish and plants to test their alchemical potential.
No. 178248
[X] Try to find your way home.
-[X] The red mansion.

Any Info on our Dovahkiin?
No. 178252
[X] Try to find your way home.
-[X] The red mansion.
No. 178259
>>178246
Ah yes, the Dovahkiin's tried and true method of finding out how things work. By using it on themself.
[X] Try to find your way home.
-[X] The red mansion.
No. 178290
Your body suddenly feels ten times heavier the very moment you get out of the water.

The grass at the edge of the lake are surprisingly dry, must be due to the scorching heat. Is it summer here? Just few minutes ago you were still in the middle of one of Winterhold’s coldest winter, and now you are here, already feeling your sweat mixing up with the lake water. Where are you, exactly? That would be the first question you’re going to ask the owner of this mansion in front of you.

But now that you look at it closely, it’s actually more of a castle than a mansion, with gigantic clock tower (Fancy stuff, that), gigantic wings, lots of windows for archers, all painted in the same shade of rouge. Circling the entire castle is a gigantic, intimidating outer wall, and through its broken steel gate, you can see series of beautiful flower beds, arranged at the side of what you supposed to be the main path to the castle’s front door.

Huh? Broken steel gate? You wonder what happened.

Although it sounds counter intuitive in such a hot day, you cast a minor flame cloak on yourself. A gentle flame sprouts from your hand, spreading quickly around your body, just warm enough to dry you off. But now you’re thirsty. You turn back to the lake and crouch to drink some water. Hmm, funny, you can’t remember when the last time you drink pure water. Well, not like you actually need to drink to survive. Or eat…or sleep. Especially since that business with Hircine, now you can’t even sleep even if you want to. Maybe you should finally use one of those Hagraven’s heads one of these days…

You stand up and dust yourself. You look once again upon your reflection on the lake, and regretfully realize that, since you were only expecting half a day work in the forge, you are extremely under equipped.

You are thankfully not wearing your traditional Archmage regalia. The heat would be unbearable in this climate. Instead, you are wearing a finely spun white tunic, trousers, and leather boots, an attire usually associated with the common laborers around Skyrim, especially miners. Of course, you modified it to be fireproof; you need to use it near the forge, after all.

Since you were about to re-forge one of the holiest of Aedra artifacts, you feel that it was only ethical (and to the insistence of your employer) to keep all of your Daedric collection as far away from the forge as you work. Now all that attached to your belt are but a simple steel dagger and a couple of small, magically waterproofed pouches containing two lock picks, one small bottle of health potion, one minor stamina potion… and one scroll of J’Zargo’s Experimental Undead Banisher. Remembering what happened the last time you used that thing inside of an ancient Nordic burial tomb, you take note on which pouch contains the scroll, and promise to yourself that you will never ever touch it, ever again.

You sighed. By Skyrim standard, you are basically naked. Let’s just hope the wildlife here are tamer than those in Skyrim. Well, not like it matters, though. You still posses your skill in magic, alchemy, and metallurgy. As soon as you find some metal and a forge, you can begin making new weapons and armors for yourself. You started the most interesting part of your life as a prisoner with nothing to your name, after all, so this is a little nostalgic.

The only thing that can be called a proper weapon on yourself is, in fact, your gauntlets that you used to protect your hands from the forge’s heat. Forged from Ebony, said to be the frozen blood of Lorkhan, these gauntlets of yours are extremely light, yet strong enough to hold open a dragon’s jaw. Enchanted with the blessing of the pugilist, forged under the star of the Juggernaut and Steelfist, these gauntlets grant you the ability to punch mammoth to the moon.

Still, that is nothing compared to the arsenal you usually haul about all over Skyrim. But, oh, well. Gotta make do with what you have.

Hmm?

As you fix the position of your belt, you feel another pouches attached to your belt on your back. You don’t remember having this pouch here. There is something inside of it. You took it out and find yourself grabbing onto what looks like a stone octopus. It’s The Azura’s Star.

[ ] Black.
Note: Capable of trapping sentient soul. And if the user willing, send said soul directly to the soul cairn, also known as ‘hell’ in some circle.

[ ]White.
Note: Purely a magic battery. Only capable of trapping lesser soul, like that of an animal.

A/N: So yeah, our Dovahkiin is rather poorly equipped. For now he would need to depend on his fist and magic, at least until he can find a forge. Then, What is the hardness level of an Oni’s horn?
No. 178292
[x]White.

Needlessly pissing off Daedra Princes always seemed like a bad idea to me.
No. 178293
[X]White.
Note: Purely a magic battery. Only capable of trapping lesser soul, like that of an animal.

Less likely to cause problems later on especially if we lose it by accident.
No. 178294
[X] Black.

Things in Gensokyo have a tendency not to die when killed. This gives us a more permanent option as a last resort. Also, using the soul of a youkai to enchant a weapon could do interesting things.
No. 178295
[X] Black.
No. 178297
>>178294

Only Humans have Black souls. Most Youkai wouldn't count as "Human" enough to have Arkay's protection. The only actual advantage of having a Black Azura's star is if you specifically wanted to target Humans. Or to piss off both Arkay and Azura. And Eiki.
No. 178299
[X]White.
Note: Purely a magic battery. Only capable of trapping lesser soul, like that of an animal.
No. 178300
[X] Black.

Because how else are we going to get grand souls?
No. 178302
>>178297

That is absolutely not true at all. Khajiit, Dremora, and Argonians all posses a black soul. I'm sure sentient youkai would do the same.
No. 178303
>>178300
By killing powerful not-humans?
No. 178304
>>178302
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Arkay_the_Enemy
>Arkay's Blessing prevents the souls of men, beastmen, and elves from being used without consent.

It depends on how close to "Human" the Youkai are. Awakened Sleepers were (probably) human once, but they and Golden Saints made for the vast majority of Grand Souls used in Morrowind.

And as this isn't even Nirn, why would Arkay even give a fuck?
No. 178306
Skyrim vampires have black souls, so it's probably up to the author if youkai have black or white souls. A pragmatic Dragonborn would have the Black Star because he kills so many humanoids.
No. 178307
[X] White.
No. 178311
[X]White
There isn't much need to have a black Azura's star.
No. 178322
>>178306
A pragmatic Dragonborn would be aware that being seen with a Black Star would make a lot of people very angry indeed.
No. 178326
[X] White
Black being not needed as I assume we won't be killing humans. Otherwise, ya know, Reimu.
No. 178329
>>178326
Try not to assume anything yet. All Dovahkiin kill humans. Lots of them.always. no matter his or her morality.
No. 178335
[X] Black.
No. 178337
>>178329
And EVERYONE likes being alive. Remember, Gensokyo is the land of stupidly OP.
Elder Scrolls, not so much.
No. 178341
[x]white
No. 178351
[X] White
No. 178352
[X]White

Honestly the thought of sending anything sentient/sapient to the Soul Cairn is horrifying. The beings that rule that place are horrible.
No. 178362
[X] White
Well we shouldnt be in too many situations requiring the use of the Black Star, the White should be less horrific and 'plot-intensive.'
No. 178380
You know rereading some of this, is it just me or does our character here feel a little "game-playey"? For instance the mention of the "arsenal you usually haul about all over Skyrim" makes me think a little too much of gameplay more than lore/realism.
No. 178383
>>178380
Probably he was like ezio auditore. An absolute walking arsenal, but not impossible. Any other game play element you would like to point out? Maybe the fact that you could only drink alcohol in the game?
No. 178393
>>178383
Er I think you can drink bottled water in the game.

I guess really it was the whole "walking arsenal" thing, which made me assume the thing where you can carry 199 out of 200 lbs of gear and be walking fine, but the instant it goes to 200.01 lbs of gear, you're hobbling. Possibly as well the whole "I'm an archmage and blacksmith" at the same time, though that last one is more plausible.

I'm probably incorrect in what I'm saying. It's just that when I read about his arsenal, my mind immediately jumped to the gameplay version of carrying stuff. In truth a walking arsenal can mean many things.

Don't worry about what I'm saying. Looking back I'd say I'm rambling about stuff.
No. 178404
>>178393
THERE'S BOTTLED WATER IN SKYRIM?
No. 178405
>>178383
I'd like to know that too. Here I thought Nords live only on mead and meat.
No. 178429
>>178404
>>178405
No you guys are correct. I was thinking of something from those realistic Skyrim mods.
No. 178436
Calling for white. gonna start writing tomorrow morning. planned on writing it tonight, as of my schedule, but I suddenly have a migraine. sorry.
No. 178471
The Azura’s Star? Why do you have this? You are pretty sure that you have left all of your Daedric artifacts safely inside a chest with seven locks and no keys back in your quarter in the college. Maybe you just forgot about this one? Or more likely, did someone put it in there? Why would anyone do that? Nonetheless, this means that you have a Daedric artifact attached to you the whole time you tried to rebuild a distinctively Aedric artifact. Maybe this was what caused your failure and inadvertently sent you here? That’s a possibility.

But no matter how exactly you actually got sent here, you are pretty sure that you want to get back to Skyrim as fast as possible. After all, you are an important political figure there, being the child of their head-god and all. And there is also a significant chance that the entire Tamriel would go into a state of total war very soon, with the Aldmeri Dominion getting stronger and stronger in influence and power, extending their reach all the way from summerset isles ever closer to the capital realm of Cyrodiil. They’ve already convinced the lizard folks of Black Marsh to invade Morrowind, which in turn shares its border with Skyrim. And if your home going to sink into chaos and your friends and the people you care about going to die as the frontline of an all out world war, you want to at least have some say in it.

The best you can think of for helping Tamriel right now is to re-forge The Amulet of Kings, and to once again unify the Empire under one banner and one ruler. You still haven’t been told yet who would sit on the throne after the death of the Medes, but it doesn’t matter. Tamriel will follow whoever wears the Amulet of king, since only the chosen of Akatosh could ever wear it around his or her neck; otherwise, the enchantment on the chain would just make it slips right off. You hope that the fragments of the Amulet are still safe somewhere near the Atronach Forge back under the College of Winterhold, and not accidentally brought here along with you. It would be a pain to try and collect all nine fragments of it.

Anyway, before you planning on doing anything, the first order of business is to figure out where you are. This…castle in front of you, strangely painted in all red, is possibly the best place to ask of your whereabouts. If you remember it correctly, and you sure that you are, you saw no other building as lavish as this castle when you took a quick scan of the landmarks from way up above, when you were falling. So this is likely the household of the ruler of this land, maybe a lord, a jarl, or maybe even a king. You can ask for a map, and then maybe charter a boat back to Skyrim. Heck, you’d swim if you have to.

After putting the Azura Star back securely inside your back satchel, you walk slowly towards the broken steel gate, careful for any sign of a gate guard or anything that could possibly don’t want you to enter the premise, like maybe a giant golem or trapped soul bent on taking revenge on the world of the living. Looking at the gate closely, you examine the damage done to it. The gate is some kind of a trellis, with a rose design and made from what seems to be a high carbon steel, tarnished jet black. It gives the impression of an impenetrable rose bush, with thorny vines entangled tightly between each other. Yet, the copper and bronze roses attached to the vines here and there, of various sizes and state of maturity -some still budding and some fully bloomed, and everything between-, gives it its own sense of elegance and charisma. As a fellow blacksmith, you can admire the dedication spent on making this beautiful portcullis. Well, at least you would, if it wasn’t bent all over the place into a mockery of its former self. Looking closer, you see some part of the gate actually was melted, as if hit by a sudden wave of superheated air.

Passing the outer gate and finally entering the courtyard of the castle, your eyes follow the castle’s path way, made of one of the finest masonry you have ever seen. Certainly the owner of this castle is a person of a very high standing, you wonder how you should present yourself when you are finally placed in front of such an individual. You follow the path until you reach what you think should be the castle’s front door, but instead, there’s only a giant hole. From the hole you can see inside into the front hall of the castle, decorated with just as much red as the outer wall.

The front hall is very large, with long red carpet extended from the what used to be the front door, across the beautifully cut red marble floor tiles, and proceed to climb up the wide stairs at the end of the hall. Along the wall of the hall, you see a series of doors with one of them seems to had been exploded out of its hinges. At the upper part of the wall, you see a series of windows, encircling the entire hall, all shut tight with a large, expensive looking red curtain.

Examining the ridge of the hole, you see that the castle was made with survivability in mind, with each stone block comparable in size to a full grown dairy cow. Yet just like the outer gate, the stone seems to have been melted.

Was this place attacked? The intact rose beds along the path indicate no presence of an army. The only possible scenario you can think of that could cause this kind of highly precisive and exstensive damage is an attack by a single, very powerful being.

Just as you pondering whether or not you want to proceed through, you hear a groan from behind you. It sounds deep, yet high enough for you to know that it would belong to a woman. You immediately turn back, yet you see nothing.

You just about to accredit that groan to an act of your own false hearing, when unexpectedly, from a bed of green flowers, a woman rise up.

Sitting there among the flower, the clothes she wears is distinctly expensive looking, yet it looks practical enough to be worn by a hunter in the deepest part of Valenwood, with loose pants and a sleeveless vest. But the fact that it is an expensive looking apparel immediately brought your attention directly to the soot that covers the woman’s entire body, and the wear and tear along the fabric of her clothes. Just by looking at her, you can already tell that she was attacked by something with a fire element. But even covered in soot, her clothes are still mostly green, which explain why you didn’t see her the first time among the green flowers.

You do however, have to wonder how come you didn’t notice her flowing long red hair that is currently glistening under the sun as if on fire, which ironically suit her soot covered face. Two long braids at the side of her head frames a muscular looking jaw line, yet her face somehow manages to convey a very soft and kind expression, looking at you with an icy blue eyes that reminds you of your home.

She rises to her feet and dusts her clothes, revealing herself to be at least as tall as you, if not slightly taller. She walks carefully out of the flower bed, as not to damage any of the flowers. As you catch a glimpse of the lower half of her body, you spot a massive tear on her pants, revealing long, muscular legs, but nonetheless smooth and feminine enough to rival even the fairest of ladies in the Blue Palace.

Well, to be fair, most of the ladies in the Blue Palace could tear a dog’s jaw off with her bare hands. So that was probably a bad comparison.

She approaches you. Her gait long and assured, until she’s finally face to face with you. Now you are assured that she is taller than you. Almost a head taller, in fact.

Immediately, she starts talking to you. Her voice has a demanding, but patient tone to it. She was asking a question, and she wants an answer, but she is patient enough to wait until you can come out with a satisfying response. However, there is one problem with her questioning.

Along your line of work, you have picked up a vast array of skill, one of these skills being the art of speech. You are capable to haggle even the slackiest of merchant to separates from his last bit of coin. Your tongue is convincing enough to bring an entire war to an end. Your voice alone is capable persuade a raging storm into a gentle breeze.

Yet even with this skill, you are unable to comprehend a single word uttered by this red haired woman.

It seems that you are further away from home than you have initially though.

[ ] Stay silent and try to look confused.

[ ] Attempt communication. (Write Ins)

Question: Do the people in Tamriel actually speak English? Or is it just the developer translating it in order for the player to actually understand what’s going on? If the people of Tamriel really do speak English for some inexplicable reason (or Tamrielic, or Common, or whatever since England clearly doesn’t exist.), then we might be able to communicate with some Gensokyeans without first learning an entirely new language.
No. 178472
[X] "Can you understand me?"
No. 178473
[x] Say "Can you understand me?" in Draconian.
Just for laughs.

>Do the people in Tamriel actually speak English?
A lazy internet search turned up a discussion on Gamefaqs that seemed to conclude that the language spoken in the TES games is Cyrodiilic, also known as Imperial Standard.
As said lazy search was unable to find any evidence to the contrary I can only assume that this is true.
As for whether or not this language is supposed to sound like English, nobody seems to know. Given that none of the other languages even remotely resemble English, this seems unlikely, but the aforementioned Gamefaqs discussion also stated that Tiber Septim invented Cyrodiilic from scratch, so it could sound like anything.

As for translation issues, I'm sure the Unmoving Great Library has a solution. It would, after all, be quite a bother to remember an entire long-dead language just to read some obscure book; much easier to throw magic at the problem and be done with it.
No. 178474
[X] "Can you understand me?"

Might as well prove we can't even speak English.
No. 178476
>>178474
What's that supposed to mean?
No. 178477
Shouldn't it be possible to create new shouts by mixing or transposing the words of the ones we already know?

Try

[X] Hah Zul Ro(Mind, Voice, Balance)
No. 178478
[X] Do you understand me?
Say this in various different languages until you get a response, for she may know one of which you speak.
No. 178483
[X] "vis hi mindoraan zey?" ("Can you understand me?")

If you need a translator between English and Draconian: http://thuum.org/translate.php
No. 178485
[X] "vis hi mindoraan zey?" ("Can you understand me?")
No. 178486
>>178477
Yes a skilled master of the Thu'um should be able to make new shouts with ease by putting and combination of words together.
No. 178487
Is there any reason of why we, as a native tamrielan, would choose to speak in dragonese?
No. 178490
>>178487

Well, Meiling does not seem to know whatever language is spoken in Skyrim, so our Dovahkiin is testing all languages he knows.
No. 178492
So far, looks like our current paths are:

1. Meiling understand dragonese due to her dragon heritage, and we are forced to kidnap her to be our translator.

2. Teach me Patchouli sensei.

3. New shouts are a thing, and we make a translation shout, which would need to be recast often.

Or maybe OP will surprise us.
No. 178493
>>178483
>>178492
>>178492

"Draconic" is the generally accepted term for the language of dragons in fiction.
No. 178494
>>178493

Ahh, but Meiling would probably speak with Japanese syntax, since she probably wasn't taught by an actual dragon. Thus the term "Dragonese" is somewhat appropriate in this circumstance.
No. 178495
Wait. Is Meiling an actual dragon?
No. 178496
>>178494
Meiling might possibly have a Chinese/Japanese accent to her speech, yes, but that just makes it slang.
No. 178497
[x] In a calm and slow voice, say " Do you understand me? " In various different languages including dragonic.
No. 178499
>>178497
Nice comprimise!
No. 178506
>>178495
Fan theories range from 'just thinks dragons are cool' and 'has half-dragon ancestry', all the way up to 'is an avatar of the sleeping Dragon God'.
At the end of the day, her hat has 'Dragon' written on it, and that's good enough for me.
No. 178513
>>178483
Is that...google translate for draconic? That thing exist?

And why the fuck would a dragon need a word for 'abortion'?
No. 178521
>>178495

Some say she is an actual dragon who's recovering right now and at peak power may actually be the strongest 2hu.

Fanon can be kinda nuts sometimes.

>>178513

'cause dragons have kids they don't want to raise or bother going through the process of pregnancy? Sheesh, dragons are human too!
No. 178522
>>178513

For instances of Dragon rape or incest. It happens man.
No. 178526
[x] In a calm and slow voice, say " Do you understand me? " In various different languages including dragonic.
No. 178536
[x] In a calm and slow voice, say " Do you understand me? " In various different languages including dragonic.
No. 178540
>>178521
>Some say she is an actual dragon who's recovering right now and at peak power may actually be the strongest 2hu.
Others claim that her dreams are reality, and that when she awakens, the universe as we know it will cease to exist.
All we know is, she's not the Stig; she's the Stig's Youkai cousin!
No. 178544
>>178540
But...she talks.
No. 178546
[x] In a calm and slow voice, say " Do you understand me? " In various different languages including dragonic.
No. 178550
OP here.

due to my asshat of a schedule and my slow writing speed, I would be lucky to be able to squeeze in two updates a week. But unless I say something, always expect an update around thursday.
No. 178554
>>178550
Considering most stories around here are lucky to get two updates a month, and some struggle for two a year, that's perfectly fine.
The last thing anyone wants to happen to any writer here is for them to burn themselves out.
No. 178556
You can already foresee a lot of obstacles in your path if you can’t even speak the same language as the natives.

The way the red haired woman speaks to you, she’s definitely expecting you to actually understand what she’s talking about. Guess the first order of business is to establish that you don’t.

“Er…excuses me, lady?”

The woman suddenly stops talking.

“Do you understand me? I am speaking Cyrodiilic, do you know where Cyrodiil is?”

The woman tilts her head to the side, clearly confused. Guess this part of the world had never heard of one of the biggest empire in existence.

“Err…Nyaa?

You tried to repeat your question in native Khajiit, and you consequently feel stupid.

In response of your half-hearted mimicry of a feline vocalization, the woman gives you a smile. The kind of smile that you would make when encountering something so bizarre you don’t even know what to say, or when you try to ignore an obnoxious idiot.

You proceed to repeat the same question, “Do you understand me”, in various languages you know of, in the off chance that the woman would understand any of it. The red castle looming above you looks rather advanced in construction, so you expect that this society should at least had discovered the concept of inter-border trading, and thus, the need to learn more than one language.

You try the gruff intonations of ancient Nordic, you try the long worded, elegant sentences used by the Snow Elves before they were turned into beings now best known as the ‘Falmers’, you try to use the native dialects of Atmora, Yokuda, Akavir, Pyandonea, and Thras, and you even raped your own mouth trying to impersonate an Argonian. Yet despite your best effort, the woman stays silent, watching you, waiting for you to actually start making sense to her.

Finally, you are down to one last language you know of that you haven’t tried yet. Dovahzuul, or dragon language.

You are however, feeling skeptical. If this woman doesn’t even know Cyrodiilic, the common language of one of the most successful empire in history, why would she understand dragon tongue, which might as well be a dead language until recently?

But still, what do you have to lose?

"Vis hi mindoraan zey?"

To your surprise, the woman reacts differently to dragon language compared to all the other languages you’ve tried. The very moment you uttered the first word of “do you understand me?”, her eyes widened and her body stiffened. Her full attention is suddenly directed completely at you, as if she wants to confirm whether or not you have actually used a language she recognized.

That is unexpected…why would she understand dragon language? Or maybe she just misheard Dovahzuul as some other language she does understand?

You are just about to confirm this with the woman when suddenly, out of nowhere, explosion happens.

Well, not out of nowhere. To be precise, the explosion happened from behind you, inside the castle.

You quickly turn around, and see the least possible thing you can expect coming out of a hole in the side of a manor; A young girl riding on a broom.

Yaahooooooo!!

You don’t need to learn an entirely new language to recognize a victory cry.

You can barely see a flash of golden blonde before the girl blasts past you like a miniature whirlwind, knocking you and the red haired woman straight to the ground.

You rolled back to your feet quickly and effectively, while the woman rapidly rises up using a complex maneuver that you know indicates mastership in martial arts.

You scan the sky for a sign of the blonde girl on a broom, and looking beside you, you see that the red haired woman is doing the same. Finally, you point out the girl hovering steadily near the clock tower of the castle.

From what you can see from all the way down here, you know that the girl is wearing a fancy dress, colored mainly in black and white. Covering her long blonde hair is an enormous round hat that you swear could fit even the head of a dragon. Well, though not like any dragon would be caught dead wearing something so frilly.

Not like a dragon can die, anyway.

Other than that, she’s also carrying a rucksack in one hand, uncharacteristically huge for such a small girl. In the other hand, she carries a disturbingly familiar looking satchel that she then proceeds to throw inside her rucksack, which already looks overfilled, even from all the way down here.

And suddenly, without warning, the girl grabs onto her broom, and dashes towards the lake in a speed a broom should never be allowed to go at.

With your eyes still following the girl on the broom, accelerating steadily across the lake, you reach one hand around to your back, searching for that one satchel that contains the Azura Star.

You can’t find it.

How did that girl…

Oh! Doesn’t matter!

[ ] The sky is your bitch. So shall we go knock out a witch? (WIDE AREA HEAVY LIGHTNING BOMBARDMENT)
Note: lightning strikes tend not to discriminate.

[ ] Time for some good old aerial chase! (DRAGON RIDING IS FUCKING AWESOME)

[ ] Can’t go wrong with classic! (BOUND BOW AND ARROW)

[ ]Write Ins
No. 178557
[X] Time for some good old aerial chase! (DRAGON RIDING IS FUCKING AWESOME)
More dramatic.

So do we use Durnehviir for this? (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Durnehviir_%28dragon%29)
No. 178558
[X] The sky is your bitch.
Blood
and
Thunder.
No. 178559
[X] The sky is your bitch. So shall we go knock out a witch? (WIDE AREA HEAVY LIGHTNING BOMBARDMENT)
Does this result in nonlethal damage? Otherwise it would leave quite a mess.
No. 178560
[x] Time for some good old aerial chase! (DRAGON RIDING IS FUCKING AWESOME)
Whoa there, let's dial back the murder attempts.
No. 178565
[x] Time for some good old aerial chase! (DRAGON RIDING IS FUCKING AWESOME)

>Marisa has Azura's Star
everyone, everywhere, is boned
boned forever
No. 178566
>>178565
>>boned

It's the White version so no need to worry about sapient humanoids being soul trapped.
No. 178567
>>178557
OP here.

Nothing important. just suddenly want to change the subtitle for that vote into BROOM VS DRAGON
No. 178569
>>178566
Yes but Marisa.
No. 178571
>>178566
Marisa = things go boom
Marisa + magic battery = bigger boom
Furthermore Azura's Star is a deadric artifact and those always lead to trouble.
No. 178572
[X] Dragonrend dat ho.
No. 178573
>>178572
That shit only works on immortals.
No. 178575
>>178573

And probably only on natural born ones too. Dragonrend basically works by teaching someone the meaning of mortality; it only has such a great effect on dragons because mortality is a fundamentally alien concept to them and they get too distracted by the existential horror to focus on their shouts, including the one they use to fly. If used on Mokou or Kaguya, I'm sceptical that it'd really do anything at all.

Check the wiki on Dragonrend for more specific information; http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragonrend
No. 178576
>>178574
Dragons fly using a shout?
No. 178579
>>178576

I vaguely remember reading that somewhere, yes. I may be simply mixing it up with dragons from some other series however, so don't quote me on it. It's been a long time since I could quote Elder Scrolls lore at people with reliability.

Regardless, my main point stands; Dragonrend works by forcing a dragon to understand the meaning of mortality, and thus wounding its soul with fundamentally incompatible knowledge. This drives a dragon to such distraction that it loses the ability to fly temporarily.
No. 178580
>>178575

So it should work on flying gods then? That's good to know I suppose.
No. 178581
[X] Time for some good old aerial chase! (DRAGON RIDING IS FUCKING AWESOME)
No. 178582
[x] Time for some good old aerial chase! (DRAGON RIDING IS FUCKING AWESOME)

>>178580
At least on deities of non-human origin. Meaning it would work on, for example, Suwako, but not on Kanako or Sanae.
No. 178583
>>178582

And fairies. Can't have those little buggers flyin about as they please.
No. 178584
>>178580

Depends on the god probably, if it works at all. It would likely have no effect on a deified human like Kanako, but the results might be unpredictable if used on a native god like Suwako. Then again, the gods aren't completely alien to the world and mortality as the Aedra are, what with being composed of mortal faith and all, so it's more likely they'll just get an interesting experience out of it; don't expect it to distract them more than once, unlike a dragon's constant susceptibility.

Anyway, my mind is getting hazy, so I'll retire to bed for the night. Goodnight, all.
No. 178585
>>178582

Oh gosh, I am getting slow. But yes, that my thoughts on the subject as well.

>>178583

>Fairies

...mmm, yeah, if Dragonrend were to work on anything in touhou-verse, fairies would definitely be the ones. Their nature is likely to be the most inimical to mortality of anything I could care to name. If anything, it might even have greater effect than on dragons, considering the average fairy doesn't come close to having the same intelligence or mental fortitude as a dragon.

Now, I'm going to bed before I make an embarassing mistake due to tiredness. 'Night!
No. 178586
[X] She can break physics? Guess what, I can do it better.
-[X] Tiid Klo Ul
--[X] Then hit her with Paralysis.
--[X] Alternatively, FUS RO DAH

For clarification, that's Time Stop. Here's hoping we're good enough at Alteration to cast Paralyze.
No. 178588
>>178586

Da fuck is time stop? Never heard of that shout.
No. 178589
>>178588
It exists though?
I've gotten it before.
No. 178590
[X] Time for some good old aerial chase! (DRAGON RIDING IS FUCKING AWESOME)
No. 178591
>>178588

Er, Slow Time. I blame DnD.
No. 178592
>using Dragonrend on fairies
They would probably cry. Making fairies cry is not cool.
No. 178597
>>178554
[X] Time for some good old aerial chase! (DRAGON RIDING IS FUCKING AWESOME)
No. 178598
[X] Time for some good old aerial chase! (DRAGON RIDING IS FUCKING AWESOME)
No. 178603
[x] Time for some good old aerial chase! (DRAGON RIDING IS FUCKING AWESOME)
No. 178614
[ ] Time for some good old aerial chase! (DRAGON RIDING IS FUCKING AWESOME)

Wonder how Mei-ling's going to react to having a dragon magically appear in front of her face?
No. 178615
There are two main problems with dragon riding:
1. The cooldown on the "Summon Dragon" shout is long, so Marisa would escape before we could use the "Ride Dragon" shout.
2. Marisa could just fly between the trees, and a dragon wouldn't be able to follow.

[X] Lead off with "Slow Time" shout, then
[X] The sky is your bitch. So shall we go knock out a witch? (WIDE AREA HEAVY LIGHTNING BOMBARDMENT)

Anti-caster magic with effectively 0 dodge time.
No. 178621
>>178615

Please don't suggest attempted murder so casually.

Organs and flush can literally explode from being struck by lightning.
No. 178622
>>178621

Skyrim lightning magic is by no means as devastating as a real lightning bolt. It's main utility lies in dealing damage to the target's magicka and hitting the target very quickly after casting.

Also, how do you expect to catch someone in a high speed aerial chase in a way that is not potentially lethal?
No. 178623
>>178622
That's assuming that it is lightning magic and not Storm Call he's talking about.
No. 178624
>>178622
That sounds more like gameplay than lore.
No. 178649
[X] The sky is your bitch. So shall we go knock out a witch? (WIDE AREA HEAVY LIGHTNING BOMBARDMENT)
Note: lightning strikes tend not to discriminate.

What race are we?
No. 178651
OP here.

We're human. more than that, i think I'll open it for interpretation.
No. 178656
Definitely Storm Call. That shout fucks everything up.
No. 178666
For some reason catching some serious writer's block here... I always end up so tired on Thursdays... maybe I'll just change the update schedule to Fridays...eh, we'll see.
No. 178671
Ukh, here, have a short one. I feel terrible.




{}{}{}{}{}


Durnehviir!

Filled with the blessing of the god of time Akatosh and his power upon the law of the world, your voice easily tears past the veils that lie between all planes of reality and existence. Your call for aid soars through the Aetherius, across the former realm of Padomay and Anu, passing the barren land of Aurbis, and continues to fly over the realm of the Soul Cairn, until finally, it reaches the ears of your fallen brother. He is Durnehviir, The Deceived Keeper of the Souls, The Undead Guardian of the Skeleton Army, and The Dragon Necromancer from the Realm of the Damned.

In an explosion of purple mist, a gate is torn open between the world of where you are and the world of the Ideal Masters. You can hear a cracking sound as a path is forced open from the space of cursed lives, filled with the eerie, silent scream of forgotten sentience sent there by the betrayal of their fellow mortals. In a quest for power, their essence had been sacrificed against their will, and now they shall be forced to walk that static, unchanging world, locked out from Arkay’s wheel of incarnation for eternity. Even after the gods have ended the world of Mundus, these poor souls will stay in the Soul Cairn, wandering without purpose, and without an end.

From the purple mist, Durnehviir emerges. Tied to his deal with the Ideal Masters, he is as bound to life as he is bound to death. His scales, even with the so called immortality of the Dovah, are weathering to the point of having the texture of a pile of dust. His conjoined, bat-like wings are decayed, as if been eaten by an entire family of moth. You can see some part of his skin where the scales had fallen off, revealing green toned leather that looks extremely aged. You can tell that, after ages of serving under the Ideal Masters, the miasma of the Soul Cairn has started to affect him greatly, as you examine his long serpentine neck, bended in a way that let his four-horned head almost touching the ground, his dull grey eyes looking at you, barely open. It takes a while until Durnehviir’s body is totally out from the purple mist, revealing a stout, yet somehow slender, body covered entirely in long spikes from the start of his head to the end of his tail.

“Zu'u hon hin for! Qahnaarin!” Durnehviir shouted. Her voice somber, as if very tired, yet loud and powerful, not at all betraying the fact that he is one of the children of Akatosh.

Durnehviir looks around, first to the castle, and then to the lake, and then to the vast sky above.

“Nuz, veyn los daar?”

No, you don’t know where you are either.

“Luh gejahr su! Zu'u los suleykaar einzuk!” Durnehviir suddenly raises his neck boisterously, and then spreads his wings as far as possible, causing a little whirlwind that swept along the flower bed.

Hmm? The air is filled with magic? You didn’t notice. But it is a good thing if it makes the old Durnehviir feels better again.

You open your mouth, and shouted.

“Zeymah! Zu'u praag hiif! atruk riid gahrot nol zey!”

Need help. Some insane girl with flying broomstick stole something important from you.

“Thral Nau, Qahnaarin! Mu fent niivut mok wah oblaan do lein!” Durnehviir claimed loudly, lowering his neck closer to the ground for you to climb.

You don’t think that you would need to chase her to the end of the world…and it’s a ‘her’, by the way.

You skillfully climb the head of this old dragon that’s been around since before even the time of Tiber Septim and his empire, and proceed to sit comfortably on the notch of his neck, entangling your legs firmly between his four horns.

You look at the red haired woman, who even until now has stayed silent. You expect her face to be frozen with surprise, but strangely, her face is stone cold, almost angry, in fact, like she’s looking at something familiar, yet also something she doesn’t like.

“Err…Aalkos mu fent tinvaak zuspein?” You asked.

Indeed, you do have a lot of question you would like to ask the red haired lady later. She doesn’t seem to be that amazed with you suddenly calling a dragon from the realm of the dead, which makes you somewhat curious.

And then, to your utter befuddlements, the woman replied;

“Zu'u fund milaar ni.”



Well, that is unexpected.

Unfortunately, you have no time to pry this matter further, as that little thief of flying house cleaner is getting further away when you stay there being confused. With a simple command, you told Durnehviir to takes off, probably ruining some meticulously placed flowers in the process. You keep on climbing and climbing, higher and higher, until in no time, you are already back at where you have started; up high above in the air, looking down at various landmarks below. The red mansion is there, the lake is there, the village is still further away in there, and then there’s the mountain.

Squinting your eyes, you scan the surface of the lake, and spot the white, black, and yellow thief, already halfway across the lake. You see that she’s going towards the forest, probably trying to get back to her hideout. It’s a very thick forest, you wouldn’t be able to track her from the air if she reaches it.

And she’s really fast, too. To catch up with her, you will be required to perform some drastic measure.

“Durnehviir, pahvoth.”

You inhale as much air as possible. Then, you concentrate on the essence of wind. A fast, untamed element. Free and destructive. Unpredictable and harsh. Cold and unforgiving.


WULD


Catching your gist, Durnehviir too inhales. Together, the two of you focus your mind on the essence of ‘fury’. You feel the anger within you. Not your anger personally, but the very concept of fury. Brewing, flaring wildly, yet not out of control.


NAH


You and Durnehviir shouted in unison, creating vibration in the air around you. Its thunder could be heard from miles away in all directions.

Then, lastly, you and Durnehviir utter the word of ‘Tempest’. The ultimate wrath of the air.


KEST


Your guts are pushed to your spine as the force of whirlwind fills Durnehviir’s wings, pushing both of you forward at an amazing speed. Your tongue is pressured against the back of your mouth, and your eyes feels like they are about to sunk in into their sockets. A blur of colors flies past you like a smoke, and your hearing pops as a storm travels between your ears.

The whole experience only last for mere seconds, yet it cannot ended sooner. The next moment you open your eyes, you see that you are already in a summoning distance from the girl. The girl looks back at you with her golden eyes -a symbol of wickedness if you ever saw one- clearly realizing that you are about to catch her. She pulls something from somewhere on her body, it is a strange box-like object with many sides.

[ ] Summon a Storm Atronach directly on her path.

[ ] Summon a Dremora Lord directly on her broom.

[ ] Using Durnehviir’s shout, launch yourself at the girl, and then;

-Knuckle Sandwich.
-Hoeslap.
-Giant Slab of Stab.

[ ] That strange box somehow feels dangerous…

-She’s using her right hand! Roll to the left!
-Roll to the right!
-Dive! Dive! Lake!
No. 178672
[x] Using Durnehviir’s shout, launch yourself at the girl, and then;
-Knuckle Sandwich.

USE THE BOOST TO GET THROUGH!
No. 178673
[X] Using Durnehviir’s shout, launch yourself at the girl, and then;
-[X] Hoeslap

Bout damn time someone had the balls to Hoeslap Marisa. She's been gettin way out of hand on this site.
No. 178674
>>178671
[X] Summon a Storm Atronach directly on her path.

She's distracted and would have a hard time dodging.
No. 178675
>>178671
[x] Using Durnehviir’s shout, launch yourself at the girl, and then;
-Knuckle Sandwich.

Since OP says we're human I'm going to assume Nord because Nord's are best humans.
No. 178676
Could someone translate the draconic?
No. 178677
>>178676

Ask Google-kun, Im sure he would be more than happy to help ya out.
No. 178678
[X] Using Durnehviir’s shout, launch yourself at the girl, and then...
-[X] Hoeslap.

I was reeeealy tempted to pick the HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT option but Marisa needs a pimpslap.
No. 178679
[x] Using Durnehviir’s shout, launch yourself at the girl, and then;
-Knuckle Sandwich.
No. 178680
>Her voice somber, as if very tired, yet loud and powerful, not at all betraying the fact that he is one of the children of Akatosh.
Wow, I didn't realize Durnehviir could suddenly change gender like that.
[X] Using Durnehviir’s shout, launch yourself at the girl, and then;

-Knuckle Sandwich.
She doesn't expect you to punch her straight in the face, I suspect.
No. 178681
[X] Using Durnehviir’s shout, launch yourself at the girl, and then;
-[X] Hoeslap
No. 178683
[x] Using Durnehviir’s shout, launch yourself at the girl, and then;
-Knuckle Sandwich.

Oh geez, we made Meiling angry. Shame Odahviing wouldn't have worked, she probably would have been much happier with that.
No. 178685
>>178680 
Dammit. I kept changing his gender and have to correct it multiple times. For some reason I have this perception that dragon=female. Am I sexist?
No. 178686
>>178683
Why?
No. 178687
>>178686
Cos Odahviing isn't a fucking zombie corpse thing?
No. 178688
So we said "Maybe we can speak later?" while Meiling said "I'd rather not." I have a few theories why she's pissed.
A: We are controlling a dragon.
B: We're Dragonborn. We slay dragons. Than take their souls.
I sincerely doubt that it's because of who we summoned.
No. 178689
>>178688
>A
Directing, more than controlling. Durnehviir obeys the Dragonborn by his own choosing.
>B
How could Meiling know any of that?
Also, they were evil dragons. And we needed those souls to save the world.
No. 178695
I think things would've gone over better had we called Odahviing, you know, because he's not an undead monstrosity.
No. 178697
>>178695
And how would he get there?
Cyrodil Space Moth?
No. 178698
>>178697
Same way Durnevir did.

"Filled with the blessing of the god of time Akatosh and his power upon the law of the world, your voice easily tears past the veils that lie between all planes of reality and existence. Your call for aid soars through the Aetherius, across the former realm of Padomay and Anu, passing the barren land of Aurbis..."

Basically, opens a portal, and a dragon flies through.

Space Moth is awesome, though.
No. 178699
>>178697
How does it compare to the Sun Birds of Alinor or the Imperial Mananauts (http://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_3rd_Edition/Arena_Supermundus)?

Is that picture something drawn by one of the developers of the Elder Scrolls series?
No. 178704
>>178698
Except that doesn't work for Odahviing, since he's not an undead zombie thing residing in the Soul Cairn.
No. 178705
>>178699
Damn. The Elder Scroll lore is soddin' massive. Even larger than Touhou's.
No. 178707
A short bonus for you, Because tomorrow is a national holiday! Yay!


{}{}{}


“Brother, I’m going in. give me some push.” You said in draconic.

WULD

Without waiting for confirmation, you command the wind to launch you forward into the open air, leaving you freefalling toward the flying broom girl, and straight in front of the jaw of an ancient dragon.

For a moment, time feels as if standing still, with you suspended in mid-air, thinking that this might not be a good idea after all.

FUS…

Well, too late now.

Using the acrobatic skill you learned from the thieves’ guild, you point your body towards the broom girl.

You bend your legs, ready for impact.

RO DA!

A relentless force suddenly shoots out from Durnehviir’s throat, hitting you like a wave of Stormcloak berserkers, compressing your lower abdomen and launching you like an artillery toward the flying broom girl.

A feeling of weightlessness assaults all of your senses as you fly unaided toward the broom girl. You can observe surprise builds up in her eyes as you get closer and closer toward her, with an elbow pulled back, ready for a punch.

But that surprise turns into a mocking grin as the strange box she was pointing at you starts emitting a soft and warm light…

Blazing Star

Words not in any language you know are projected into your mind. However, somehow, you understand the meaning behind those words perfectly. You know that those words symbolize something powerful, yet beautiful at the same time. Something dangerous.

You cover your face with your armored forearms as a sudden wave of light and heat cancels your momentum and pushes you back. You open your eyes, trying to make sense of your surroundings, but all you can see are stars. Tiny, numerous twinkling stars flying around you.

You bounce on something soft, which you suspect is one of Durnehviir’s wings. Spinning in the air with no control whatsoever, your hands are grasping desperately for something to hold onto, and accidentally find one of Durnehviir’s tailspikes.

Holding tightly with one hand onto a flying dragon’s tail, with your feet dangling freely on the air, is a rather exhilarating experience, to say the least.

Looking up, between the twinkling stardust, you see the flying broom girl coming for you from the direction of the sun, frying your eyeballs.

Then, accompanied with a high pitched noise, a red beam of light shoots out from the direction of the girl, and goes straight through Durnehviir’s right wing.

Durnehviir lets out a grunt of pain. The beam was small enough to not cause any significant damage, but still, you sure getting hit with it more than once would not be beneficial.

You hear that high pitched noise again.

“FOLD YOUR WINGS!!”

Durnehviir folds his wings, and both of you drops from the air like a stone. The beam of light overshoots you by a couple of feet.

You hear that high pitched noise again.

“FOR THE LOVE OF…OPEN IT! OPEN IT!”

You spin your body around and tightened your grip on Durnehviir’s tail using both hands. The thermal wind from the lake shoots up into Durnehviir’s wings, stopping your drop suddenly and lifts you both back to the sky.

This time, the red beam of light misses your hips by the count of inches.

You look for the broom girl again, and find her behind you, chasing you and Durnehviir with that strange box firmly pointed at your general direction. Her arm is swaying slightly, compensating for your movement.

It seems like the hunter has become the hunted.



[ ] First, You need to get into a more comfortable position, with less chance of you falling off, allowing you to perform an advanced maneuver;
-The Akaviri Serpent. Pugachev’s Cobra
-The Red Mountain Switch. Herbst Turn
- Hearthfire Cutter. Rolling Scissor
- Septim Roundhouse. Kulbit Roll
- Write Ins.

Or you can just hang around on Durnehviir’s tail and start shooting.

[ ] Tailgunner.

[ ]Attack with;
-Lightning.
-Fire.
-Ice.
-Other spell or shout. (Write Ins)
No. 178710
>>178707
[x] Tailgunner.

[x]Attack with;
-Disarm shout.

She how tough she is when that weapon is gone.
No. 178711
>>178707
[x] Tailgunner.

[x]Attack with;
-Disarm shout.

She how tough she is when that weapon is gone.
No. 178712
[X]-The Akaviri Serpent.
[X]Attack with; Ash shell to immobilise her, then pull her out of the water she inevitably fell into to retrieve the star. If she's a problem post rescue (or the shell wears off before capture) use silence on her to stop her magic, or if we can't (it's not in skyrim, but then again neither's levitation...) paralyse.
No. 178713
[X] Tailgunner.

[X]Attack with;
-Disarm shout

I like the way you think~ Although, wouldn't her broom also potentially count as a weapon, thus removing both box and bristle stick from her? I'd like that.
No. 178714
How far is the range of disarm shout? Is it really viable for dogfight?
No. 178715
[X] Tailgunner.

[X]Attack with;
-Disarm shout

This seems like a good idea.
No. 178716
[x] Tailgunner.

[x]Attack with;
-Disarm shout.
No. 178717
>>178705
It gets worse when you consider the Dragon Break makes literally everything a person can do in the games true.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Break
No. 178722
[x] Tailgunner.

[x]Attack with;
-Disarm shout.
No. 178725
[x] Tailgunner.

[x]Attack with;
-Disarm shout.
No. 178726
[x] Tailgunner.

[x]Attack with;
- Disarm Shout

Really enjoying the story so far OP also, is it bad that I wan't this to result in Marisa falling into the lake?
No. 178727
>>178717
Personally I find the fact that one of the games has multiple ending that are all the canon ending to be funny.
No. 178728
>>178697
>>178699
Khajiit have the best space program.

1/Get high on moon sugar
2/Reach moons
3/Make moon colonies
4/Grow more moon sugar to keep getting high
No. 178730
[x] Tailgunner.

[x]Attack with;
- Disarm Shout

Your typo count is creeping up.
No. 178743
[x] Tailgunner.

[x]Attack with;
- Disarm Shout
No. 178754
>>178730
Sorry.
No. 178830
My schedule for this week just suddenly went mental bananas. Don't expect much.
No. 178854
I took a little liberty from the votes with the flight maneuver here, because shouts generally don’t have enough range for a dogfight.
Also, I’ve just realized that the disarm shout could be translated to “Zun’s hand defeat.”. I found this hilarious.
…force that commands the universe…




{}{}{}{}


Okay, so you are about miles away from the ground, hanging on the tail of a flying dragon about the speed of a mad god being set on holy fire, with a crazy blonde girl on a broom shooting heat beams at you like there’s no tomorrow. May you say, that you are definitely not in the possession of the best prospect of staying alive.

Well, not like you are that afraid about death, of course. Let’s us just say that your deeds in life (not the necessarily the good ones, mind you) ensure that you would be given a pretty nifty afterlife. It’s just the matter of choosing which afterlife, really.

But still, it would be embarrassing to be killed by a little girl on a broom. So you should make sure that you try your best on not being killed!

Talking about little girl, she’s actually not that little. Looking at your attacker more closely, you realize that she must be a teenager, about eighteen or nineteen years old, twenty, at most.

Which means you won’t feel that bad when you finally get your hands on her neck.

The girl fires another barrage of red beams in quick succession, forcing you and the dragon to maneuver in a way people would never expect a semi-divine lizard the size of a house is actually capable of doing.

As you dodged another barrage of red beams, you notice that the beams come from that little, strange box-like contraption that the girl is holding. Which of course, as your superior intelligence deducts, means that the box must be some kind of a weapon, probably a kind of magical weapon that you have never seen before, which of course, as an academic, means that you would want to at least take a closer look at it, which in turn means that you would need to get closer to the girl, which in turn means you would need to go through the barrage of red, burning beams.

Not exactly the easiest thing in the world, mind you, considering that you don’t exactly have a firm foothold on the situation at the moment. For that matter, you don’t exactly have a firm foothold on anything at the moment.

You’re just about to consider trying to get back on your secured position at Durnehviir’s neck, when a voice, again not in a language you should understand, is projected into your mind.

Master…

Something tells you that if you don’t do anything, a very undesirable thing will happen to you.

“Brother, we are doing the Septim Roundhouse. I have a plan” you said very quickly in draconic, not bothering to scream because you know that the undead dragon will still be able to hear you, even amidst the storming sound of the wind.

Dragons generally have an excellent flying instinct and don’t need to be told what to do, but the need of working in tandem with other dragon, namely you, bears the necessity for a certain method in order to create a comprehensible strategy in aerial combat. So you have taken upon yourself to name every single flight maneuver possible to be done by a dragon, and proceed to teach it to every dragon that has sworn loyalty to you and Paarthurnax, a former dragon commander in the first Dragon War. With this strategy, your forces managed to effectively destroy the remnant of dragons still loyal to Paarthurnax’s former master, Alduin.

…Spark!

“Now!”

You tightened your grip on Durnehviir’s tail as he flaps his wing suddenly, creating a shockwave of air that vertically launch the both of you higher into the air.

Meanwhile, a strange, indescribable noise can be heard from behind you. Looking slightly below, you know that you have just avoided a steamy hot death as you see a giant beam of light passing just under your feet.

At the peak of his ‘jump’, Durnehviir opens his wing at an angle, widening the surface area of the front part of his body. The immediate, uneven increase in air resistance quickly put the both of you into a half of a mid-air back flip. Flying upside down, you look up, which is actually down, and you can see the girl, looking at you. For a brief moment, your eyes met, and you can see the blank expression on the girl’s face, trying to determine what exactly has just happened.

And then, you let go of Durnehviir’s tail.

You fall, a calculated fall that would make sure that you are in a collision trajectory with the girl.

“ZUN HAAL FIIK!”

You channeled the force that commands the universe through your throat, and into the girl’s hand, forcing it to budge and knocking away that strange box she’s been using for trying to put holes on you, out of her reach and down towards the lake.

You land not so smoothly on the back of Durnehviir’s that has just completed his maneuver, performing a full back flip in less than two seconds. You are assured that, if you were just a normal human, you crotch wouldn’t survive that maneuver.

You appraise the situation and see that, naturally, the girl has suddenly goes into a dive, trying to retrieve her weapon back. But so do you. You direct Durnehviir into a dive, putting him and yourself into an impromptu race with the thieving black-and-white…

And then, your vision is filled with children.

You and Durnehviir are forced into a sudden stop as you are suddenly surrounded by an army of winged children, each wearing a black uniform with a white apron and headdress, a headdress that adorn their unnatural colored hair of green, white, blue, purple, and others. Each of them is carrying an assortment of spear, sword, battleaxe, and other weapons. Each pointed at you.

Hovering steadily in the air, you see in the distance, the black-and-white thief being chased towards the forest by a small contingent of winged children…and one silver haired woman, wearing the same kind of uniform as the children army.

You also noticed the red haired woman from before, now wearing a hat with a star-shaped pendant attached to it. She’s hovering in front of you with her arm crossed, with a slight look of disapproval on her face. You wonder why she seems to dislike you.

The woman then pointed with her thumb back to the red castle in the distance. It seems like she wants you to land.

What are you going to do?


[ ] Land near the castle.

[ ]Chase the black-and-white into the forest. (Switch mount to Skeletal Horse.)

[ ] The situation develops so quickly, you can’t keep up. You need to retreat for now to collect your thoughts. (Where?)

[ ] Cast ‘Waterbreathing’ and go for a dive. Retrieve that strange box the thief used to attack you.
No. 178856
[X] Cast ‘Waterbreathing’ and go for a dive. Retrieve that strange box the thief used to attack you.
-[X]After that is done, head to the red castle.

I can't imagine that it's a quest with a time limit. Besides, the thought of disarming Marisa for longer is very appealing.
No. 178857
[X] Say "retrieving my stuff first" to the redhead in dragon, as she seemed to respond to that earlier so she might understand it.
-[X] Chase black-white now, we need the star back at some point, may as well do it now while she also has that swarm to deal with.
No. 178858
[X] Cast ‘Waterbreathing’ and go for a dive. Retrieve that strange box the thief used to attack you.
-[X]After that is done, head to the red castle.
No. 178859
[X] Cast ‘Waterbreathing’ and go for a dive. Retrieve that strange box the thief used to attack you.
-[X]After that is done, head to the red castle.

Gotta get dat magic box.
No. 178860
[x] "That thief dropped something. One moment."
-[x] Cast ‘Waterbreathing’ and go for a dive. Retrieve that strange box the thief used to attack you.


Remember, Sakuya (and a pile of fairy maids)went after Marisa - it's only Meiling confronting the protagonist right now.
No. 178866
[x] "That thief dropped something. One moment."
-[x] Cast ‘Waterbreathing’ and go for a dive. Retrieve that strange box the thief used to attack you.
We'll want it as a bargaining chip to get the Star back.

>>178857
See >>178671
>And then, to your utter befuddlements, the woman replied;
>“Zu'u fund milaar ni.”
Meiling very definitely speaks Draconic.
>>178860
There's also still a bunch of fairy maids.
No. 178867
[x] "That thief dropped something. One moment."
-[x] Cast ‘Waterbreathing’ and go for a dive. Retrieve that strange box the thief used to attack you.
No. 178868
[X] "That thief dropped something. One moment."
-[X] Cast ‘Waterbreathing’ and go for a dive. Retrieve that strange box the thief used to attack you.
No. 178870
[x] "That thief dropped something. One moment."
-[x] Cast ‘Waterbreathing’ and go for a dive. Retrieve that strange box the thief used to attack you.
No. 178876
I wonder if Meiling is unique in her Draconic, or if it's a common language here?

Given the status of dragons, I imagine that summoning an obviously undead dragon with the name "Curse Never Dying" can;t be putting us in her good books.
No. 178883
[x] "That thief dropped something. One moment."
-[x] Cast ‘Waterbreathing’ and go for a dive. Retrieve that strange box the thief used to attack you.
No. 178899
>>178860
What's that has to do with anything?
No. 178901
>>178876
Which is why we should explain the situation as soon as we are able.
Really, Meiling, it's not Durnehviir's fault he's an undead zombie thing. You're being very insensitive.
No. 178913
>Elder scrolls cross over
>>Doesn't start by falling into a Gensokyo prison
No. 178919
>>178901
Actually it's explicitly his fault. He was dumb enough to deal with the Ideal Masters.

Shikieki must have a real problem with those guys.
No. 178926
>>178919
What's the connection between Ideal Masters and the Ministry of Right and Wrong?
No. 178927
[x] "That thief dropped something. One moment."
-[x] Cast ‘Waterbreathing’ and go for a dive. Retrieve that strange box the thief used to attack you.
We'll want it as a bargaining chip to get the Star back.
No. 178944
Lying lazily against Durnehviir backspike, you gaze upon the sun, the portal of Magnus.

You assess your situation once more, and believe that if you ever put down this experience in a memoir, no one would ever believe you. They would just call it ‘yet another work of a liar’. Or something like that.

You are surrounded by children. Winged children, that is. Each of them is pointing a weapon at you. Their blades are nice and shiny; their owners must have been taken care of them well. Their wings look nice. It has a very natural feels to it, with what looks like wooden frames grown into a beautiful, intricate pattern around a sheet of fiber with structure that reminds you of a giant insect.

Not all of them are showing the intention to kill you though. You see some of them are actually smiling, some just seem to be absent minded, with absolute no care of the situation. Heck, some even completely ignore you in favor of an aerial game of tag.

Ah yes, game of tag. Fun game, that is. Although sometimes you feel too old when playing it with those children back in the city of Solitude.

In front of you, hovering in mid-air, is that woman with red hair. The first denizen of this strange, new place you have entered, and the first one to make you realize that indeed, you are not in Skyrim anymore. She looks mildly irritated, what an unpleasant sight. But the ugly quintessence brought upon by her somewhat displeased expression is betrayed by the way her long red hair is dancing amongst the high attitude wind, like a gentle fireplace being led by the strong breeze of northern Tamriel.

Beautiful sight, she is.

You try to remember and comprehend how you get into this situation, but things just went by so fast you can’t even remember what you had for breakfast this morning.

‘What is my next deed, Qahnaarin?’ asked your dragon companion, breaking you out of your musing.

‘How long can you stay outside of the Soul Cairn?’ you asked back.

He answered, that even with the massive proportion of magic in the air, he cannot stay outside of his realm for more than the time it takes for a Dovahkiin to decimate a country.

That would be five minutes, for those of you who are rich enough to afford a clock.

‘Durnehviir.’

‘Qahnariin.’

‘Would you kindly play with these fine ladies, just for a moment? I would like to go and retrieve…a potential asset.’

You notice the red hair’s body slightly tenses. She is ready for battle.


‘UNDEAD’

Durnehviir’s answer to your request comes in the form of a shout that divides the boundaries of realities.

Some of the winged children drop their weapons to the lake, as all of them try to cover their ears from the eardrums breaking wave of the mighty Thu’um.

But the red haired woman in green stead fast like a mountain, even as Durnehviir call upon the only favorable result of his one sided deal with the Ideal Masters; a full command of an undying army, ready to conquer, destroy, and pillage anything their master so wishes, overwhelming any form of defense with the sheer factor of infinite number.

‘TOMB’

‘Please don’t kill anyone.’ You pleaded.

Usually, the concept of death, especially when it applies to people other than you, at best would simply invite a slight irritation in your emotional state. Except when it comes to children.

Children are fascinating. They are like peas, a little, annoying piece of solid potential waiting for the right hand to guide them into fruition. To make them grow, to make them bloom, and to armor them with the finest steel available and to send them to punch a giant in the unmentionable.

It pains you to see that much potential succumbed at early age to the harsh winter of Skyrim, or being trampled under the feet of irresponsible caretakers, or be gnawed upon by the teeth and jaws and fangs of the unforgiving wild, and to be extinguished far before they have the chance to lit and warm the world with their flames.

Needless to say, that you cannot hurt children. Winged children are not an exception.

‘SLAVE’

Once again, the gate to the soul cairn is opened, creating a massive portal on top of your little group of dragons, a woman, and winged children.

All of the winged children are now abandoning their attention to you, opting to look up, to a giant vortex of purple cloud, swirling around an unperceivable darkness of the unlimited void.

And then, it started raining men.

Well, not ‘men’ in a sense, but what used to be men. The remnants of damned existences that make the denizens of the Soul Cairn. They are bleached white, like rotten milk. Their bodies are fragile as a sheet, they are protected with rusted armor, and armed with crumbling sword. Yet no matter how much a king would try to stop them, no matter how an army would try to defeat them, or how a city wall would try to halt them, they are unstoppable. For in their very nature, they are invincible.

The dead cannot die again.

The rank of winged children spread into a state of uncontrollable panic, as the army of undead soldier rains upon them, grabbing their hands, seizing their weapons, blinding their vision, and disabling their wings. You watch in fascination as both armies struggle like ants and proceed to fall into the lake by the numbers, creating a snowfall of bodies.

The woman in green doesn’t seem to struggle as much as the winged children. In fact, she’s straight up winning; the skeletal army tries desperately to cling to her clothes, limbs, and hair, but she simply swat them away, in some cases grabbing them by the skull and crushing it like a peach, sending them back to the Soul Cairn.

As she crushed yet another skeleton soldier, her eyes locked into you. And you find yourself gazing at a sea of total determination. Her sight is set firmly towards you, with a clear, single-minded intention.

She’s about to get you. And then, she’s going to wreck you. At least, that is the impression you get.

You responded to this by raising your imaginary hat.

‘Take it easy, lass.’

And then you jumped. For who knows how many time in this single day.

As you fell towards the lake (again), you take a moment to look back at the canopy of the sky, and witness that Durnehviir has locked himself into yet another aerial combat with the red haired woman.

‘Sheesh.’

You sighed and return your vision back to the lake, to the now uncomfortably familiar, gleaming surface of it that mirrors the battle overhead perfectly. From the reflection of the lake, you see that Durnehviir has opted to use his ice breath to attack the woman.

You wonder if he went a little bit too far just to make a mere distraction for you, and whether or not you need to scoff him later.

The surface of the lake feels as if it’s greeting you back, getting closer and closer at every moment.

You are reminded to the tale of a little kid that lived at the edge of a lake. One day, he asked his mom; “how do fishes breathe underwater?”

His mom, being a busy common housewife, simply answered; “Magic”

Little did she know that his son would later grow to become a powerful mage.

And that is the first part of the story on the development of Waterbreathing magic.

Splash!

Yet again, you are submerged in water. The height from which you fell this time was not high enough to pander the need to use the Ethereal Shout, leaving you with your undeniable superior diving skill to keep your gut from being torn apart by the surface tension.

You keep your body still in relaxed position until you reach the bottom of the lake, which took most likely more than five minutes, which means Durnehviir is most likely already went home. Somehow in your way to the bottom, you don’t see even a single winged children or the remnant of the skeleton army, which implies, as you hope, that all the winged children have swam back safely to the shore of the lake. Those wings probably help. Water is just like a very dense air, right?

You keep on traversing the bottom ground of the lake, combining walking and swimming, re-casting Waterbreathing as needed, avoiding underwater vegetations and swatting away a lot of curious fishes, until you reach the rough proximity you expected to be the final location of that strange box the thief had used to assault you with unforgiving barrage of hot red beams. Lucky for you, the lake doesn’t seems to have much in the way of underwater current, for that box is sitting neatly exactly where you expected it to be; Staying still, tangled in the underwater forest.

You use your dagger to cut some of the kelp that tied the box to the lake’s floor (also, you never expected to see a kelp forest in a lake.), and taking care of the rest by the use of simple brute force, tearing the box straight away from the grasp of the underwater vegetation.

Now that you have the chance to examine it closer, you see that the box has eight sides, and obviously small enough to fit in one hand. It doesn’t seem to have any form of sighting apparatus. You wonder how the girl manages to do such a precision firing with it. How do you even aim this thing?

Other than that, you notice the strange motive painted to the front and back side of the box. It’s a circular symbol that seems to consist of two uniformed blobs, one white and one black, trying to eat the tail of each others. You wonder what it represents.

Other thing you inevitably notice is the fact on how much power this thing contains. Even now, the box is vibrating in your hand, as if holding back some kind of ancient beast inside, eager to be unleashed.

You grab the box with both hand and inhales, filling your lungs with water. Now that you are safe under, you actually have the time to carefully think of your next action.

[ ] That red haired woman seems to be really angry at you for some reason. You might want to consider staying away.

- Chase the thief into the forest.
- ‘Borrow’ some supplies at the village. (Weapons, Armors, Local currencies, etc.)

[ ] That red haired woman seems to be really angry at you for some reason. You might want to consider talking to her as soon as possible and apologize…for something…


I don’t actually want to end this update here…but it’s already one am here and I just want to get this update out yesterday, so yeah.

Item acquired: The Mini Hakkero.
Good call, anons.
No. 178945
[X] That red haired woman seems to be really angry at you for some reason. You might want to consider talking to her as soon as possible and apologize…for something…

She's likely to beat us down, but the fact remains she's the only person confirmed to speak Draconic. Besides, better to go to her now than have her chase us down later.
No. 178946
[X] That red haired woman seems to be really angry at you for some reason. You might want to consider staying away.

- Chase the thief into the forest.


Attack the theif!
No. 178947
I thought the plan was to explain what we were going to do first before diving into the lake, not sic an undead dragon on them without any explanation. Everything we've done seems to just add fuel to the fire.

[X] That red haired woman seems to be really angry at you for some reason. You might want to consider talking to her as soon as possible and apologize…for something…
-[X] Bow humbly. We do not know what has upset this young lady, but clearly we have stepped on some local custom. Since she must have some considerable authority, given her command over this army of "children" and that silver-haired woman. We might as well be courteous.
-[X] I apologize for offending you. We are lost and unaware of this land's customs. If you could be so kind, could you please explain what I and my fellow dragon have done to offend you.
--[X] Offer the dropped item to her. Given that the thief had just raided her mansion, it's likely that whatever it is was stolen from there as well, so it should go back to the rightful owner.
--[X] Was this part of the property stolen from you? If so, you may have it back.
No. 178949
[X] That red haired woman seems to be really angry at you for some reason. You might want to consider talking to her as soon as possible and apologize…for something…
No. 178950
How did the first line of the write-in turn into picking a fight? It should have been dialogue, what with the quotes and all.

Regardless,
[x] That red haired woman seems to be really angry at you for some reason. You might want to consider talking to her as soon as possible and apologize…for something…


...perhaps show them the box, since it's fairly obviously that thief's weapon (and by TES standards, plenty wierd). After all, a good reason for brushing them off at first might help patching things up. On the other hand, if it's not enough, they'll know to take it.
No. 178951
[x] That red haired woman seems to be really angry at you for some reason. You might want to consider talking to her as soon as possible and apologize…for something…
well uh okay man
No. 178952
[X] That red haired woman seems to be really angry at you for some reason. You might want to consider staying away.
No. 178954
>>178950
>>178947

Would you guys believe me if i say that I just...forgot?

I mean, that happens right?

I was kind of tired and...

Alright, I have no excuse. Let's just apologize to Meiling. next update will come either tomorrow or Friday afternoon.

My apologize.
No. 178955
>>178954
Eh, starting fights over trivial matters is a thing in Gensokyo. Durnehviir was obviously fighting non-lethally so as long as Meiling is less 'BURN MAIM KILL' and more 'the fuck are you doing', everything will be groovy.
No. 178956
[x] That red haired woman seems to be really angry at you for some reason. You might want to consider talking to her as soon as possible and apologize…for something
No. 178958
[x] That red haired woman seems to be really angry at you for some reason. You might want to consider talking to her as soon as possible and apologize…for something…

>>178954
It's okay. Shit Happens.
No. 178961
[x] That red haired woman seems to be really angry at you for some reason. You might want to consider talking to her as soon as possible and apologize…for something…

>>178954
Eh, that's okay. And it's not like the situation is unsalvageable or anything.
No. 178962
[X] That red haired woman seems to be really angry at you for some reason. You might want to consider talking to her as soon as possible and apologize…for something…
No. 178964
You cast fire cloak for the second time today.

And also for the second time today, you are standing in the front of the broken gate of an ominous red castle.

There are few key differences this time around, however. For example, the first time you arrived at this gate, you don’t have a few dozen ragged winged children fresh from ‘battle’ with undead army pointing their recently recovered weapons at you. Funnily enough, some of them don’t even seem that angry. A bit wet, maybe, but they keep their smiles, as if they are actually trying to offer you a drink or something. Most of them do starring at you in a way that clearly shows their desire to skewer your abdomen, though.

And of course, the first time you were here, you are not holding a strange device that can shoot a barrage of death beams either.

Also the red haired woman crossing her arms with an angry look on her face is certainly new.

You scratch the back of your head while trying to avert your gaze from her eyes, thinking of what to say.

‘Alright, um…lady…’

“Sorry” is the word that you don’t even remember the last time you said it, but there’s something about her that makes you just feel like you must apologize to this woman.

You are sorry that you have summoned the wrath of your undead army upon her. You want to apologize that you has somehow offended her. You are sorry that you may or may not have stepped on some of the local custom. You want to apologize for all of those, but for some reason you just can’t find the words to convey it. It’s like you have suddenly contract a speech impediment.

So you decided to just cross one arm across your chest, and bow. And pray to the gods that this gesture is not viewed as a sign of war in this particular part of the world.

‘I…I’m sorry.’

You put all of your intentions into the single best word you can think of at the moment.

As you raise your head, you think you saw the woman’s expression softens a little. But it quickly turns back to the way it was before.

‘Making it raining undead on top of your head was probably very rude of me…’

‘Probably.’ The woman states with a stern voice.

‘Alright, it was very rude. But hey! You have me surrounded! What I’m supposed to do?’

‘Land, for one. Or talk.’

Those are actually very viable alternatives to opening a portal between dimensions and summoning an undead army.

‘Those…make sense…I guess’

‘It is.’

‘Err…’ You swear you usually don’t have this much trouble on using your own tongue.

‘As I said…I’m sorry…is there anything else I did wrong?’

‘Yes.’

The woman raises one hand and starts talking in that unfamiliar language you heard her use before. It’s a very peculiar language, it sounds like it never uses single letter for a single syllable, they always come in pairs of two or more, like ‘Ku’, ‘Wa, or ‘Mo’. also, you don’t hear the letter ‘L’ used even once in her speech.

That speech was apparently an order to the army of winged children, as you observe them raising their weapons away from you, and start marching/flying back towards the castle. Now there are only you and the woman standing there at the front of the broken gate.

The woman suddenly approaches you in a series of quick and strong steps, making you thought that she’s about to hit you.

Instead, she pulled out something from somewhere under her loose clothing, and offers you a small, rectangular piece of blank paper.

You take the paper. It feels rather sturdy, and it looks like it was coated with something, making it looks shiny under the afternoon sun. But it is still, as you can perceive it, just a piece of blank paper.

‘What is this?’ you asked, genuinely confused.

The woman offers nothing in a way of information. Instead, she takes a few steps backwards, and pulls out another similar sized piece of paper for herself. The difference is that her piece of paper has some strange, multi colored pattern painted on it.

‘Spell card duel declared. One card. Do you accept?’ She asked you in a slow, but demanding tone.

You have no idea what that question means.

‘Err…sure.’ Confused, you decide to say yes. You immediately feel like you have just done something stupid.

‘We can begin, then.’

Begin what…whoa…

A stream of multi colored orbs of light shoots out from the woman’s hand. Blue, red, orange, and everything in between, every color of the rainbow, shooting out, forming a pattern and dancing, as if in slow motion, in front of you. It feels like looking at an aurora, yet closer, and more intimate.

It is so beautiful, that you entirely forget any possibility that it might be deadly. You just stand there, watching. You know that the orbs are actually approaching you in an unbelievable speed, but in your eyes, they look so slow and unthreatening…

Until…

Pichuuuuun!

Huh?

What’s just happened?

‘That, was a spell card duel.’

‘A what?’

‘Spell Card. That is how we settle dispute here. No dragon fire, no undead army. Just non-lethal Danmaku.’

What the heck is a ‘danmaku’?

‘The winner of the duel is entitled to one request. I won. So I’m going to have you leave. Now.’

What?

The woman turns her back, and starts to walk towards the castle.

‘If you want more information, go to the Hakurei shrine. It’s one day flight that way.’

She lazily pointed at the direction away from the mountain.

‘Now begone, before you bring more trouble to the gate of Koumakan.’







[ ] Wait. What?

[ ] Guess it’s off to this… Hakurei Shrine, then.

[ ]*Offer the strange box as a token of good intention.

[ ]Write Ins, because the author is a lazy jackass.


A bit in a hurry here. I suddenly need to scram, so it might be a bit of a mess.

I always thought that it must be customary to the native of Gensokyo to teach the new overpowered kid in the block the concept of spell card duel, y’know, before the pissed off shrine maiden appears.
No. 178965
[X]Does this Hakurei speak any of the tongues I have spoken to you?
-[X]If not, I humbly beg for your assistance. I am a stranger to this land, and unaware of what this land's customs are. I have already offended you while being able to communicate you, so I fear that I will create only further trouble until I understand both the language and customs of this land.
[X]I would still like to know how I or my kin brother offended you, and if there is any way to make recompense. I apologize if I have stepped on some taboo; I only wish to know what I have done wrong, and how I can atone for that sin.
-[X]I should add that my actions today have been in favor of you and your house. I entered your domain out of concern for the apparent attack, and assisted in stopping the aggressor. I have made no intentional aggressions against your house, and I hope that you will keep this in mind for my conduct, and forgive what taboos I may have transgressed in an attempt to help.
[X]Customs of a land are their own, and it is only right to follow the rules of a kingdom. Yet I feel that it is dishonorable to throw a man into a manner of duel that he knows not the rules of, particularly when you know that he will not know the rules.
-[X]I am willing to duel you at your discretion, assuming that it is done in an honorable manner.
[X]*Offer the strange box as a token of good intention.
-[X]I offer this to you as a token and request for kindness. I am a warrior lost in a strange land, unaware of local customs and unable to even speak the common tongue. Regardless of my own deeds, it is dishonorable to deny such a petitioner his request for consideration in his time of need.

How's this work? I think that we need to poke into Meiling's honor as a martial artist, and show that she dishonors herself if she gives us the boot without a real chance.

Did I leave enough of a hint in the "kin brother" comment to make Meiling curious? If we can get her to ask about the whole relationship between us and Durnehviir, we might be able to get past the whole necromancer understanding. I'm willing to adopt a better phrasing if someone suggests it. Point is, we need to drop some sort of hint to pull Meiling away from the whole "enslaving/killing dragons" idea that has her up in a knot.
No. 178966
[x] Wait. What?
[x] Offer the strange box as a token of good intention.
Haha no. Not going anywhere till we get the Star back.
Also, >>178965 has some good points but is kinda wordy. The general gist is fine though.
No. 178967
>>178966
Any suggestions on how to improve it, then?
No. 178968
>>178965
OP here.


>need to drop some sort of hint to pull Meiling away from the whole "enslaving/killing dragons" idea that has her up in a knot.

I never said she is angry about that.

Also I never said that meiling is a dragon. Nor I ever say that she is not.

anyway, this inspires me to add one more vote.

[ ] I demand a rematch! Tell me the rules!

If I win...(your demand)

If I lose...(your offer)
No. 178971
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Levitation_Act

Question: Why do the empire banned all form of levitation magic?
No. 178972
>>178971
Because Bethesda didn't trust their players not to abuse it to break shit and then cry about it and ask for refunds.
No. 178973
>>178971
>>178972
Pretty much. They also banned Levitation in Mournhold since they didn't want people to be able to go over the city walls.

In Oblivion (and possibly Skyrim, I'm unsure) the cities are also an entirely different map than the outer world; if you manage to jump over the walls, you'd just end up in a low-textured facsimile of the other map.

The real reason is because they changed how cities worked between Morrowind and Oblivion, basically.

Also because it's pretty exploitable and they couldn't do stuff like the Oblivion Towers if people could just fly straight up and avoid all enemies.
No. 178976
[X]Does this Hakurei speak any of the tongues I have spoken to you?
-[X]If not, I humbly beg for your assistance. I am a stranger to this land, and unaware of what this land's customs are. I have already offended you while being able to communicate you, so I fear that I will create only further trouble until I understand both the language and customs of this land.
[X]I would still like to know how I or my kin brother offended you, and if there is any way to make recompense. I apologize if I have stepped on some taboo; I only wish to know what I have done wrong, and how I can atone for that sin.
-[X]I should add that my actions today have been in favor of you and your house. I entered your domain out of concern for the apparent attack, and assisted in stopping the aggressor. I have made no intentional aggressions against your house, and I hope that you will keep this in mind for my conduct, and forgive what taboos I may have transgressed in an attempt to help.
[X]Customs of a land are their own, and it is only right to follow the rules of a kingdom. Yet I feel that it is dishonorable to throw a man into a manner of duel that he knows not the rules of, particularly when you know that he will not know the rules.
-[X]Therefore, I demand a rematch.
--[X]If I win, you will grant me assistance in understanding this land and its language, and offer me some form of shelter until I reach a point where I can communicate with others.
--[X]If I lose, I will take my leave and give you this item I found in the water.
--[X]But the duel must be honorable. I deserve at least some explanation of the challenge before we fight.

If refused:
[X]*Offer the strange box as a token of good intention.
-[X]I offer this to you as a token and request for kindness. I am a warrior lost in a strange land, unaware of local customs and unable to even speak the common tongue. Regardless of my own deeds, it is dishonorable to deny such a petitioner his request for consideration in his time of need.
No. 178977
>>178976
I'm voting for this set of questions, but without the rematch. Dishonourable though this duel may have been, we should avoid getting into any more duels before we figure out more of the rules.

Questions About "Dan-ma-ku"
1. Are we allowed to block the flashy lights, or just dodge? (can we use wards)
2. Are undodgeable attacks allowed? (mass paralysis, etc)
3. Are mental effects allowed? (Dismay shout, cause fear, calm, etc.)
3. How non-lethal is non-lethal? Are they just flashy lights, or can they allowed to cause damage? (can we use lighting, fireballs, etc.)
No. 178978
This update in all honesty, sucked. Anon tried damage control after you fucked up the last update, then get slapped aside with railroading this update.

It's really bad because the only real offense TESanon has shown towards Meiling was the mistake update, yet he comes out of this with a hostile reputation.

Retconning the last update out would have been better, IMO.


Sure I'm bitching, but I think some degree is justifiable.
No. 178979
Sure dude. It's fine

What about the rest of you? Do you think I fucked up enough to warrant a retcon?
No. 178980
Sure dude. It's fine

What about the rest of you? Do you think I fucked up enough to warrant a retcon?
No. 178981
First time using a forum reply thing like this so sorry if I didn't do it right but as for the retcon thing? Meh it could use a bit of work if I'm being honest but what you do is up to you I'll read it ether way sense I like this story so far.
No. 178982
>>178979

I couldn't care less about how you choose to have your story progress. As long as it's interesting.

[x] Wait. What?
[x] Offer the strange box as a token of good intention.
No. 178983
[X] I have no desire to spend time with someone who wants me gone, but I still have business here.
-[X] One of your people is after the thief, and I'd like to get my stuff back eventually. I'll have to come back to get it.
-[X] As for this 'Hakurei', are you volunteering as interpreter? Otherwise going would be a waste of everyone's time.
-[X] To avoid violating the customs of your land, I will wait at edge of the forest for the one who chased the thief to return.


Why does it have to be something that we did that makes Meiling dislike us? She may simply have very unhappy associations with people who speak Draconic, and it is not some random stranger's place to question that.

>>178980

Please don't. Let's just accept the state of things and move on as best as we can.
No. 178984
[X] I have no desire to spend time with someone who wants me gone, but I still have business here.
-[X] One of your people is after the thief, and I'd like to get my stuff back eventually. I'll have to come back to get it.
-[X] As for this 'Hakurei', are you volunteering as interpreter? Otherwise going would be a waste of everyone's time.
-[X] To avoid violating the customs of your land, I will wait at edge of the forest for the one who chased the thief to return.
No. 178985
[X] I have no desire to spend time with someone who wants me gone, but I still have business here.
-[X] One of your people is after the thief, and I'd like to get my stuff back eventually. I'll have to come back to get it.
-[X] As for this 'Hakurei', are you volunteering as interpreter? Otherwise going would be a waste of everyone's time.
-[X] To avoid violating the customs of your land, I will wait at edge of the forest for the one who chased the thief to return.
No. 178986
[X] I have no desire to spend time with someone who wants me gone, but I still have business here.
-[X] One of your people is after the thief, and I'd like to get my stuff back eventually. I'll have to come back to get it.
-[X] As for this 'Hakurei', are you volunteering as interpreter? Otherwise going would be a waste of everyone's time.
-[X] To avoid violating the customs of your land, I will wait at edge of the forest for the one who chased the thief to return.

>>178980

I would suggest an "Authors saving throw" of sorts: Keep the current plot-line but drive the plot in such a way that that incident can be forgotten about and the consequences minimized. Shouldn't be too hard as we kept it nonlethal, had no idea about spell cards and are in gensokyo and thus random fights are part of the culture.

That being said make sure to keep anons options open, Railroading is a no-no especially in a TES story. Also, what race are we?
No. 178987
>>178980
No.
No. 178988
>>178986
OP

what's 'railroading'? And what did I do that is considered one? Why is it so bad?

also, how do you like the story so far?
No. 178989
[X] I have no desire to spend time with someone who wants me gone, but I still have business here.
-[X] One of your people is after the thief, and I'd like to get my stuff back eventually. I'll have to come back to get it.
-[X] As for this 'Hakurei', are you volunteering as interpreter? Otherwise going would be a waste of everyone's time.
-[X] To avoid violating the customs of your land, I will wait at edge of the forest for the one who chased the thief to return.

>>178988
Not the same guy but I think the story is pretty good. The missed vote addon was odd but hardly story breaking.
No. 178990
Railroading is when the game master forces the campaign to go in a singular direction of his choosing, and does not allow players to deviate from that path. This can frustrate players, especially when their choices and ideas are reasonable and creative.

As for how you're doing, I think overall you're doing a pretty good job. This is a very cool idea, and you've kept up an interesting narrative in your posts. There aren't too many crossovers on the site, and I'm interested to see where this story goes.

The main issue is that at times you seem to force things to go in a way you want no matter the vote. First there was the Durnehviir summon (when we voted for the summon option, I don't think anyone was expecting for you to summon the one dragon most likely to alienate those around us). We never specified though, so I can let that slide.

Then there was the decision to have Durnehviir attack Meiling instead of asking for permission to hold on for a minute first. Again, you gave a reasonable defense, so I can forgive that as well.

And now our efforts to make things up to Meiling aren't working out well either. Nothing you've done yet is explicit railroading, but it's starting to cut close. Just keep that in mind for the future. This adventure has a lot of potential, but it's frustrating when the options seem fenced in.
No. 178992
It's that sort of simplifying that is leading to the railroading accusations. A creative, complex idea should be awarded or at least respected, and be used to lead the campaign in new directions. Suppressing it stifles the players' creativity and creates resentment. I really advise that you avoid censuring the votes; it's just not a good way to promote a diverse gameplay.
No. 178994
I still think it's a little offensive to players to announce that you're clipping their write-in votes.

But yeah, that's what I'm voting for. Making up with Meiling. Assuming that all of the specific points of the vote are accounted for. Otherwise we might end up with the trouble we ran into with the dive episode again.
No. 178995
OP here.

I just want to apologize. I'm a bit new with letting other people direct my story.

We could still make things up with Meiling at this point.
No. 178996
It's okay, you just need to learn to be flexible at times. You're doing pretty good otherwise, so don't give up.

Anyways, I'm voting for making up with Meiling.
No. 179001
[X] Option A
No. 179003
>>178988
The term 'railroading' refers to the act of the author of a collective story or the GM/DM of a tabletop game ignoring the wishes of the players and forcing the plot to follow a predetermined path.
In this case, OP had Durnheviir start a fight, instead of using the '[x] "That thief dropped something. One moment." ' option, which would obviously have been preferable.
And then he had Meiling use the Spellcard rules to basically tell the MC to fuck off, when it was clear the players wish to remain nearby in order to retrieve the Star from Marisa.
No. 179009
>>179003

At the same time, it's not railroading to create a character who despises the protagonist. Meiling wants us to fuck off, and spell card rules are the best way she knows to achieve that goal.
No. 179010
>‘Spell Card. That is how we settle dispute here. No dragon fire, no undead army. Just non-lethal Danmaku.’
>no undead army
Now hold on just a minute here.

Undead armies are perfectly legit in spellcard duels. I mean, look at Orin tossing all those zombie fairies around like they're going out of fashion. You can't be telling me that undead armies aren't a thing in spellcard duels.

In fact, so is dragon fire, as long as it isn't lethal dragon fire. Danmaku just means firing a large number of projectiles, regardless of the composition of those projectiles: it could be simple light balls, ping-pong balls, rocks, spears, arrows, fireworks, fireballs, cannonballs, plasma balls, missiles with high explosive warheads, or monkey excrement. Or anything in between. And contrary to popular belief, "danmaku" neither implies nor is implied by "spellcard duel". For non-spellcard danmaku pick any curtain-fire shoot-'em-up outside of the Windows Touhou games. For non-danmaku spellcard duels, check out the Touhou fighting games...or stay at the top of the screen at the wrong time in Imperishable Night's first stage.
No. 179012
>>179010 
Thanks for the info. Anymore details I should know about spellcard rule?
No. 179016
>>179010

Sorry but zombie fairies is sadly not real zombies or even undead for that matter :(

They are merely dressing like zombies (probably just for fun). Don't get me wrong no thou, I'm not against using undead armies in spellcard battles in the slightest. Rather than that, it sounds fun that we also can have a unique way of batteling with danmaku. But when talking about another example of using undead in spellcard battles, don't Seiga enough proof for us there? And if we have learnt anything from touhou then anything can be frigging danmaku (hell, Raiko is using freaking drums!!!)

You can find more of the (little) information about zombie fairies here ;P
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Zombie_Fairy
No. 179018
I think...I'll just call the votes here...somehow.

Update tomorrow. Maybe. Tell me where I fucked up this time.
No. 179021
>>179018

Don't worry. Overall, I think you're doing a good job. I'm interested to see where things go. Don't give up.
No. 179024
>>179018
I don't think you've fucked up anywhere, sure there was that one vote where we wanted to talk and we ended up in a fight, but aside from that the story is enjoyable and, in my opinion, awesome (hooray for undead dragon riding). you said yourself you were kinda new at all that, so don't be too hard on yourself, and we know that practice makes perfect, just keep writing to improve.
You might consider getting a name so people can notice your posts more easily though.
No. 179028
[X] I have no desire to spend time with someone who wants me gone, but I still have business here.
-[X] One of your people is after the thief, and I'd like to get my stuff back eventually. I'll have to come back to get it.
-[X] As for this 'Hakurei', are you volunteering as interpreter? Otherwise going would be a waste of everyone's time.
-[X] To avoid violating the customs of your land, I will wait at edge of the forest for the one who chased the thief to return.

Well, sorta.

Also I used to have no idea what a ‘satchel’ is. But now i…sorta know. After a Wikipedia research.
So in a bit of an unimportant retcon, our Dovahkiin actually have a number of medium and small pouches attached to his belt, and he stored the Azura Star inside a larger one resembling a fanny pack on his back. Try to imagine if Batman’s utility belt was made in the medieval era.

[][][]

‘Alright, fine! I get it! You don’t like me!’

You shouted at the woman that is currently walking away from you, who proceed to not slowing down her pace even one bit, as if she doesn’t even recognize your existence, or at least, is trying really hard to ignore you.

‘I too have no desire to spend any amount time with someone who is so obviously wants me gone!’

Well, at least now you remember how to use your tongue.

‘But unfortunately I still have business here! That blonde thief stole something of mine, and one of your people, the silver haired one…!’

The red haired woman suddenly stops on her track.

‘…she chased after her! And in the chance that she will come back with my possession, I’m going to wait here! Whether you like it or not! Unless, of course, since I would need to get my stuff back eventually, you want me to come back here at later date and pick it up, which I assume you don’t.’

The woman spins around, now facing you. Her expression, unexpectedly, is not that of an angry person…strangely, she now looks…hesitant? Like a child wondering whether or not to open that jar of candy their mother had left on top of the shelf.

‘And then, I’ll try to go to these ‘Hakurei’ people you mentioned, but since I most likely have broken some sort of taboo without even knowing it…well, alright, maybe the undead rain was a bit unnecessary, but that one wasn’t even entirely my fault! My brother did that on a whim!’

At the mention of the term ‘brother’, the woman raised an eyebrow.

‘…But my point still stands! I’m a stranger lost in a stranger land, without knowing even the basic of its language! I managed to offend you, even when I’m actually capable of speaking the same language as you! I have this feeling that if I try to meet with these Hakurei people, I’m going to get into a lot of trouble, so please..!’

You give yourself a moment to catch your breath and calm your voice

‘ …Tell me what I did wrong.’

You wait for what seems like an eternity, until the woman takes a deep, highly audible breath.



‘Come here.’ the woman said to you, while making a matching hand gesture with her hand.

No, the words weren’t simply ‘said’. Maybe it is because she said it in dragon tongue, but you find yourself to be unable to resist her order.

You walk past the broken gate, and now you are again inside the premise of the crimson castle. You continue to walk until you again come face to face with the woman.

You look at the woman’s face. It looks conflicted. You can see her lips contracting asymmetrically, and her eyes are unfocused, looking left, right, up, down, anywhere but your face.

Suddenly, a gust of wind blows past your face, forcing you to close your eyes. When you open your eyes again, your sight is locked by a close-up view of a fist.

Wow. This woman is fast.

‘No. Not you.’ The woman said, lowering her fist. ’It is not you.’

You look again at the woman’s face. She has her head down in a way that makes her bang covering her eyes, making it hard to read any emotion from her.

You feel a hand grabbing and shaking your shoulder.

‘You’ve done nothing wrong. Not even when you dropped an army of undead on my face. That’s normal around here. Not even when you didn’t follow Spell Card rule against that witch. It’s just that…looking at you, hearing you using the…the voice, and even the very act of speaking this language, here, right now… it makes me… it brings back…I…’

Her voice stuttered. And the mention of the normality of undead army makes you can’t help it but wonder more about this place you’ve been dropped in.

‘…It’s unpleasant.’ She finally said. But the way she said it makes you uncertain that that was the word she had intended to use.

‘Well, I…’ you want to say something, but immediately forget what you’re about to say once the woman raises her head.

As you gaze upon those pair of blue orbs that she called ‘eyes’, gleaming slightly under the sun from the excess of watery substance we called ‘tears’, you realize that you are looking at a sea of emotion you recognized as supposed to be belonging to a broken, old warrior.

Sadness, disappointment, feeling of betrayal, anger, disdain, feeling of lost, loneliness, and the futility of life, all mixed up to create a shell of one, tired woman.

Looking more closely, you can see a lot of hints of experiences and marks of ancientness etched to the woman body. Her muscles are defined, as if made of hardwood, her fine skin that you can see from her sleeveless vest and torn pants is covered with dozens of tiny scars, suggesting she’s been wounded and healed multiple times during the course of at least a decade…or a century.

The woman releases her hand from your shoulder, and uses the same hand to discreetly wipe her eyes.

‘Just…go, okay? Please.’ The woman said to you, sounds more pleading than anything else.

You don’t know why, but looking at the woman’s face, you can’t help but agreed.

‘Ah…okay.’

And once again, you forget how to use your tongue.

‘ I’ll… I’ll… leave now, if that would…help.’

The woman shakes her head vigorously, making her red, flame-like hair shakes like the ocean’s wave. When you finally can see her face clearly again, she’s smiling. A very warm smile. A smile that seems to be belonged to someone who had never experienced a feeling of sadness nor anger, a high contrast on what you’ve seen of her before.

‘It would. Thanks.’

You start to walk towards the gate.

‘Just wait outside of the gate for now. I’ll talk to my colleague about your thing. You wouldn’t even be able to talk to her, correct?’

‘Ah…’ you spin around, making an eye contact with the woman. ‘Err…no I wouldn’t. That…that would be very helpful. I would appreciate that. Thank you.’

‘Sure! Anytime!’

‘It’s a large pouch, about this big.’ you make a rectangle in the air with your hand.

‘Got it!’

The woman nods and waves at you. Her back straight, her head deliberately tilted, and she has this big, ear-to ear grin plastered on her face. Your memory of her crying face just literally seconds ago, however, make this into one of the most jarring thing you have ever seen. Something just feels…off.

You wait for what seems to be an entire day near the front gate of the castle, leaning against the wall under a bronze placates that, if you could read it, would probably read as ‘Koumakan’ or whatever this manor is called.

The sky is already painted with a hint of orange when you see the silver haired woman flying across the lake alongside a contingent of winged children.

They are flying in a wedge formation, forming three large triangles that are flying towards the castle gate in a very respectable speed. One of these days you wish to make such formation with your dragon army, though you know it would be near impossible endeavor, considering dragons are fundamentally not a social creature. You have never been able to convince more than ten of them to fly together, let alone make a battle formation of that magnitude.

As they fly over the castle’s gate, you accidentally locked your sight with the silver haired woman. You lazily wave at her and flash a smile, but she looks at you only for the slightest of moment before returning her gaze to front, favoring to see where she is going instead of bothering herself with you.

Hmm. Pale eyes. Interesting.

You wait until the sky darkened a bit more before the red haired woman comes out from the gate and approaches you.

‘You have a problem’

Of course nothing is ever that easy.

‘What is it?’

‘My colleague did not intend to become a thief. So, the only things she brings back are books stolen from our library, and only those.’

‘What happened to my stuff, though?’

‘Well, she did found a leather pouch of considerable size alongside the witch’s loot, but the witch said that it belongs to her…’

‘And your friend believed her, and then just gave it away?’

‘Please understand that she had no reason to care at the time. Your belonging is not the property of the Koumakan. And Izayoi…’

She stops for a moment, thinking for the right word to use.

‘ …let’s just say, she is very attached to her job.’

You wake yourself away from the wall, walk past the woman, to the edge of the lake, and sighed.

‘So…the thief still has my stuff.’

‘Yes.’ The woman answered simply.

Below the sky that has begun to darken, you stand firmly at the edge of the now pitch black lake, and gaze upon the ominous forest across.

‘Welp. Guess it’s time for some forced repossession, then.’

‘Do you intend to go inside the forest?’

‘Maybe.’

‘Then I recommend you to consider visiting the village first. You look…underequipped, if I may say. And the forest is full of dangerous creatures, especially at night, so you also might want to consider waiting until sunrise.’

‘I can’t even speak the language. What I’m supposed to do when I reach the village?’

‘I’m sure you’ll figure something out. Your people…’

Your people?

‘…are supposed to be resourceful, yes?’

You can’t help but notice the slightest hint of disdain in her voice when she said those words, especially apparent at the word ‘resourceful’. She sounded rather sarcastic, but it could be just your ears.

‘Alright…thank you. I’ll consider it. So…’

‘No need to say anything. Just go.’ She said with a smile that seems so genuine you can’t help it but smile back.

‘Err…alright then…I’ll be going now…I guess.’

You are just about to start walking along the edge of the lake, before you realize that you have forgotten something rather important.

‘May I know your name?’

The woman responds to your question, again, with a genuinely warm smile.

‘Knowing each other name will bear an attachment. So I must apologize, but I cannot tell you my name, ad you should not tell me you name.’

‘Very well, then.’

You and the woman wave goodbye at each other, and you start to walk, considering your options along the way.

As you walk alongside the lake, now mirroring the shine of early evening moon, your acute hearing catches the almost inaudible mumbles of the red haired woman behind you, again in a language that you don’t understand.

This language, however, is not the language she used the first time you met, or neither was it the language she used to order the army of winged children. No, this is an entirely different language, similar to the one she used before, but different. More archaic… more…ancient. But since you can’t understand it, and thus would not be able to get any useful information anyway…you decide to ignore it.













…my little Talos…


{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}}}

[ ] Go into the forest.

[ ] Get supplies/stay the night at the village.
-------
Meta option. feel free to ignore.
[ ] Suddenly, Remilia.
No. 179029
>As you gaze upon those pair of blue orbs that she called ‘eyes’
Every time you use the word 'orbs' for eyes, a puppy is burned alive.

[x] Suddenly, Remilia.
[x] Go into the forest.

If I can pick only one, preference to Remilia.
No. 179030
>>179029
I'll keep that in mind. thanks.

Puppies are delicious though. at least here in my country.
No. 179031
[X] Suddenly, Remilia.
No. 179035
Yeah. Eyes aren't orbs unless you pry them out of their head.
No. 179036
>>179035
OP

Dully noted. And I just want to tell that just like any other dovahkiin, mine also has some hidden violent tendencies.
No. 179041
Wow. Talk about drops in writing quality. Massive overuse of ellipses and exclamation marks in that post.
No. 179042
>>179028
Is this dovakin the master or the thief guild? If he is then
[X] go to the village to "borrow" equipement while leaving what we consider to be adequate payment for it
If not
[X] go to the forest
were the archmange burning whatever comes our way shouldn't ne too hard
No. 179045
>>179041
Thank you for telling me. I'll try to improve next time. I've never been good with dialogue.

Maybe I need some rest.
No. 179048
[x]Suddenly ,Remilia
[x]Go to the forest(burn it down and smoke the witch out...if with can that is)
yea the dialogue could use a bit of work but it was ok overall. Also has this Meiling been to Tamriel or will this version of dragonic be universal?
No. 179052
Can you guys do me a favor and only choose one??
No. 179053
[X] Suddenly, Remilia.
No. 179054
[X] Get supplies/stay the night at the village.
No. 179055
[x]Suddenly Remilia
No. 179056
[x] Suddenly, Remilia.
No. 179058
>>178973

If you've ever played Arena, they used to have spells that could create and destroy walls.
No. 179059
[X] Suddenly, Remilia.
You can't expect us not to choose this option
No. 179060
[x]Suddenly ,Remilia
[x]Go to the forest
No. 179067
[x] Suddenly, Remilia

The only option
No. 179068
[x] Suddenly, Remilia.
[x] Go into the forest.
No. 179070
[×] Suddenly, Remilia.

Honestly, what did you expect when you gave this option?
No. 179079
>>179045
I also noticed the drop in writing quality. That last update was the first time I noticed that English is probably not your first language.

You're having some problems with pluralization and the proper use of minor connecting words in sentences, like "to" and "a". Those kind of mistakes, as well as the fastidiously correct spelling and punctuation, are characteristic of someone not familiar with the specific intricacies of English sentence structure.
No. 179080
[×] Suddenly, Remilia.

You'd think after all these years the authors would realize we'd always go for these sorts of choices. Like Mana Transferin Gensokyo High
No. 179082
>>179079
Honestly, i was tired when i wrote that last update. I was too eager to fix my previous mistake I ended up creating another mess. i usually proofread my own thing at least about five times.

When we talk about that, anyone wants to be my beta reader? though last time i tried to get beta reader on IRC, the 12 hours difference from here and North America kind of screwed me up and I ended up waking up until 4 am.

I need some method where i can just left my writing anytime i want, and then pick it up later after it's done, anytime i want.

Is that too much to ask?
No. 179083
>>179082
Pastebin.
No. 179085
Anyway, I'm going to rest for a bit before making the second thread.
No. 179118
>>179082
http://titanpad.com/
No. 179358
>>179333
Second Thread