[Return]
Archived Thread

File 128893684662.jpg - (48.24KB , 600x337 , 1279251127274.jpg ) [iqdb]
127594 No. 127594
Thread 1: >>123033
Thread 2: >>124226
Thread 3: >>124917
Thread 4: >>125518
Thread 5: >>126187
Thread 6: >>126955

In which a Wizard trolls the SDM.



[X] Offer to help Meiling get the table set up. It’d be helpful to have a friend inside the Mansion.
[X] Take this chance to ask Meiling/Keine more about your host, how she managed to get fairies to work for her in such numbers and most importantly: WHY would she do such a thing?



“So the fairies do everything around here?” Cirno asks.

“Kind of,” Meiling says. “Most of them aren’t too bright, so Sakuya and I have to do all the real work. Sakuya will be along soon to set the table and lay everything out, and I’ll help her.”

“Oh, she will?” you, say, a wicked glint sneaking into your eyes.

“Uh, yeah?” Meiling answers cautiously. “Why, do you want to see her?”

“He wants to vaporize her,” Cirno interjects. “Every time somebody mentions her, he goes all, like-” Cirno widens her eyes into an intense glare, the corners of her mouth just hinting at a snarl.

“Pretty good likeness,” Keine comments quietly, and you shoot her a look.

“You hate Sakuya!?” Meiling says, shocked. “But- but- you’ve only been in Gensokyo for a few days!”

“More then enough time for Sakuya to show up on Keine’s doorstep, uninvited, and start threatening her,” you growl.

“She did?” Meiling says, sounding doubtful.

“She did,” Keine confirms. “Not actually making threats, but...”

“Kind of letting on that she’d make you regret it, otherwise?” Meiling purses her mouth uncertainly and nods. “That sounds like her, when she’s in an unfriendly mood, yeah...”

“Wait, she’s got a friendly mood!?” you exclaim. “You mean it’s not always that cool little ice-bitch smile, and looking at you like she’s contemplating an earthworm?” You think back to the first time you met her; in Kirisame’s secondhand shop. Staring down at you, cold, distant...

“Oh, no!” Meiling objects empathetically. “She’s not like that with us. At the Mansion, I mean. But she’s distant with other people. And you...” Meiling wrings her dress in her hands awkwardly. “Uh...”

“Spit it out,” you say impatiently.

“Well, she thought you were a potential enemy at first,” Meiling said. “Nobody knew anything about you, besides you arrived in the process of killing a freaking dragon. The mistress ordered her to find out who was behind it, and Sakuya is very thorough when following orders.”

You almost ask if that justifies threatening a sweet, inoffensive schoolteacher who never did anyone harm, but you remind yourself not to take out your anger on Meiling.

“She also thinks you’re unstable,” she says. “You’re nothing like she said you were.”

“I wonder what could have given her that impression,” you say innocently. “Well, anyways, since we’re early, would you like help setting that table?”

“Oh no, we can handle it,” Meiling says. “And I couldn’t let the guests set the table- Sakuya would kill me!”

“Well just tell her I was talking to you, then,” you say, stepping over to where the congo line of fairies are apparently trying to drop the huge tablecloth into a punch bowl. Rescuing the fabric, you begin spreading it out, Cirno and Keine coming to the other side of the table to help.

“I- I really can’t!” Meiling nearly wails, darting in and taking the corner of the tablecloth from you. “I’d get in so much trouble- I’m already in trouble-” Meiling turns away from you, and from the way her voice breaks, you can tell she’s on the verge of tears- “-I’m always in trouble.”

“What the hell for?” you ask.

Meiling just turns and continues straightening the tablecloth, saying nothing, keeping her face down. You shrug, and continue to lay out the tableware. As you reach for a set of silverware rolled neatly in a napkin, you nearly put your hand on a small fairy. The little thing squawks and rises into the air, making exaggerated gestures in your direction that you doubt are well-wishes.

“Goddamn little-” sidestepping away a bit, you nearly blunder into a small cloud of fey trying, and failing, to convey individual sugar cubes into a silver bowl. One half are struggling to drop their loads accurately, and the other half are eagerly building little forts with them.

You scoot backwards, and turn to see a pair of slightly larger fairies locked in mid-air fisticuffs only a few feet away, for no discernable reason. Turning away from them, you spot more of the miniscule monsters having a pillow-fight with tea-bags. One of them spots you and points to you eagerly, and the rest raise their tea bags to commence the assault.

“Oh hell,” you say, as the pint-sized legion charges for you, shrieking-

“BATTLE-CRY!” their tinny voices squeal, and then they’re upon you, little tea-bags impacting with surprising, but painless, solidity all about your face and head. You sweep your hat off your head and duck swiftly, swinging your hat by the brim where your head once was. Most of the little blighters are knocked flying by the blow, and while they try to reorganize and retrieve their tea-bags, you have time to retreat to the far end of the table.

“Meiling, why the hell do your bloodsucking bosses put up with this shit!?” you ask, your eyes darting around for any more fairies coming close, your hat held at the ready.

The redhead heaves the sigh of the long-suffering. “The Mansion’s pretty big, and humans aren’t exactly lining up at the gate for jobs. They’re mostly idiots, but with enough of them, the basic tasks eventually get done. Even if it’s just dusting. Not even Sakuya could keep up, otherwise.”

“They’re mean, too,” Cirno says, sticking her tongue out at a few passing fey, which chatter back in incomprehensibly high-pitched voices. “They never play nice.”

Meiling leans in close and whispers in your ear: “Cirno’s considered the de-facto leader of the lake fairies, because she can count past three. They don’t get along well with the Mansion’s.”

Down the table a ways, you see Keine look up from a breadbasket she’s setting down, and stop to glare at Meiling for a moment- until she sees you looking, whereupon she finds her task immensely fascinating once again.

“Well that’s because... she’s the... strongest...” you say absently, your eyes darting around.

Fairies to the right of you. Fairies to the left of you. Fairies behind you, their high-pitched chattering volleying to and fro, to and fro as they plot-

Your mind clears as you feel Cirno squeeze your hand. “Don’t worry, they’re all talk,” she assures you. You smile at her, feeling your heart slow down a bit.

“Wait, what do you mean ‘don’t worry?’ What are they saying!?”

“You mean you can’t understand them?”

“Pitch is too high,” you reply absently, fighting the urge to glance about defensively for encroaching fey. You contemplate what horrid things those little flighty bastards could be planning- tiny daggers, punching through the whites of his eyes in the middle of the night, fey gathering ‘round to scoop the firm whitestuff away in minuscule buckets- and you hastily put a halt to that train of thought. Cirno’s right, you think. They’re easily distracted morons, and Cirno’d know. I just have to...

“... stay frosty,” you whisper.

“Hmm?” Cirno says, looking up at you.

“Nothing,” you say, squeezing her hand. “Thanks.”

“No problem,” she says. “I wouldn’t let the fairies getcha!”

“No, of course not,” you say, relaxing a bit. Looking over the table, you see that Keine and Meiling have most of the place-settings ready to go; despite constant meddling by the fairy ‘maids.’ All that’s missing is the majority of the food. Near the end of the table, you spot a cluster of fairies, evidently bored with their task, forming up in a traditional fairy ring. You narrow your eyes at the little procession, the cabal forming over there, and then- you see it.

The characteristic flourish, the little bow being gently lowered to sing upon the strings- of a fiddle.

Time grinds to a halt, too sluggish to keep up with your lightning reflexes. Meiling hasn’t even begun to gasp when your feet hit the tabletop. You take one mighty bound, two, three, and then you’re hurtling through the air, Wizard hat held high above your head in both hands, bellowing fiercely-

”WRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY-“

-you slam the hat down over the fiddler triumphantly as you crash down onto the table. Plates and silverware go flying everywhere, and the fiddlers expectant entourage explodes outward as they flee for their lives.

“Waaaah! LET ME OOOUT!” the fairy inside your hat screams, the fabric poking out here and there as she punches at it.

“I WILL NOT!” you roar, keeping the hat pasted firmly to the table.

Somewhere near the door, a harsh clatter and crash sounds. You look up to see Sakuya staring at you dumbly. A silver serving tray lies at her feet, where it just slipped from her numb fingers.

“..... Hi.”

Sakuya’s mouth opens, and then closes again. She slowly takes a step backwards, then another, and manages to stumble backwards out of the dining room.

A long moment of silence passes. Even the fairies are silent.

“I think you broke her,” Cirno observes, looking at the empty doorway.

If Sakuya wasn’t sure you were a loon before, she is now. And what with your dragon-slaying, she thinks you’re a powerful lunatic.

Not necessarily a bad thing, you think. Deception is the basis of all warfare, is it not?


[ ] Let’s keep up the ZUUL! act throughout dinner- toned down a bit, of course. Let the vampires weave their plots around a false impression.
[ ] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.
[ ] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.

>> No. 127596
New thread already? Holy crap, three updates and we're on a new thread? What is this, I don't even...

>The characteristic flourish, the little bow being gently lowered to sing upon the strings- of a fiddle.

I'm guessing this was bad in some way. I really, really wish I knew more about DnD.

[x] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
>> No. 127597
File 128893773631.png - (9.31KB , 493x402 , 1280806318692.png ) [iqdb]
127597
>>127596

>One grig in each band carries a tiny, grig-sized fiddle. When the fiddler plays, any nonsprite within 30 feet of the instrument must succeed on a DC 12 Will save or be affected as though by irresistible dance for as long as the playing continues.

>They make you dance to death
>> No. 127599
[x] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.
>> No. 127600
>”WRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY-“
>Sakuya’s mouth opens, and then closes again. She slowly takes a step backwards, then another, and manages to stumble backwards out of the dining room.

Excellent timing.

Withholding vote for now.

And I almost want to discreetly trap the fairy in our hat and wear it like that. Perhaps we can tame the little thing and turn it into some sort of familiar. Or feed it to the lake fairies, whatever fits our fancy at the time.
>> No. 127601
>>127597
This is assuming we have a low will save. Well, we probably do, with having WIS as a dump stat and all. But it's still higher than most classes, and we would have at minimum a +9 after including the -1 WIS mod. Only needs a roll of 3 or higher on a d20.

Then again, shit rolls means we and Cirno would start dancing to death while Meiling and Keine stare with fascination.
>> No. 127602
>the other half are eagerly building little forts with them.
>more of the miniscule monsters having a pillow-fight with tea-bags.
>“BATTLE-CRY!”
Oh god, my heart. Choreomania be damned, how could you not love these things?

[X] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.
>> No. 127603
[x] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.
>> No. 127604
[X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.

As much as pretending to be an insane bastard will be fun, I'm not sure it will work on Remi. A quick check of the d20srd shows that vampires get a fairly hefty bonus to Sense Motive, although that admittedly might not apply to Touhou vampires.
>> No. 127606
[X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
[X] Free the fairy but take the fiddle.
>> No. 127607
[X] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.
>> No. 127609
[x] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.
>> No. 127610
>You narrow your eyes at the little procession, the cabal forming over there, and then- you see it.

>The characteristic flourish, the little bow being gently lowered to sing upon the strings- of a fiddle.

Oh god. The flashbacks are starting again.

>[┼] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.
>> No. 127611
[x] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.
[X] Challenge the trapped fairy too a fiddle competition with a golden fiddle you just conjured up as the prize.
>> No. 127614
File 12889438548.png - (79.42KB , 290x370 , 1288612837924.png ) [iqdb]
127614
>>127594

Pic related, D?
>> No. 127615
[X] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.

>grig
Uh, I should point out that grigs have the lower body of a cricket. They don't look anything like Gensokyo fairies. Now pixies on the other hand... 1 in 10 can cast irresistable dance once per day, no fiddle needed.

And if wizardanon has the ire of the fey, it's because he's evil. Or ugly. I'm leaning towards the latter.
>> No. 127623
[X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.

I think we've made ourselves loon enough by now, if we keep it up much longer people will just think that we're loon with phases of normalcy and start avoiding us... or lock us into a cellar for a few centuries
>> No. 127624
>>127615
he might have been on the side of caution, seeing how there's people who can 'cast' time stop unlimited times and for much longer than just about every D&D Wizard.

[X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
[X] Free the fairy but take the fiddle.
[x] Apologize, explaining a traumatic experience with a fiddle using fairy.
>> No. 127625
[X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.

I think out mission to troll the vampires will be better served by biting wit then feigned lunacy.
>> No. 127632
[x] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.

Had trouble understanding what was going on with those fairies, but the WRYYYYYYYY was well timed.
I hope WizAnon will still perceive innocent play as agression, because it's funny.

But let's aoid the WRYYYYYYYYYYYY with Remilia, she might take it personally.
>> No. 127635
>>127594
[X] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.

That ZUUL thing never ceases to amuse me, and you write it so well, too.

>>127614
>OSCAR MIKE
>RAMIREEEE
>> No. 127637
[X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.

There's no way Remilia won't see through the act.
Besides, she's a Lady. Picking on servants is okay, but now we must act as a gentleman.
Besides, there's a chance Patchouli will be there dinner too. Let's not make her think we are dangerously unstable and might burn down the library or something.
>> No. 127639
[X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
-[x] Help cleaning up the table, if you fix it in 30 seconds or less, it didn't actually happened.
>> No. 127640
Quick question, why aren't we using prestidigitation to help set the table?

We're a fucking wizard, dammit, why would we waste our time on menial tasks then we can simply use arcane forces to reshape reality to our whims?
>> No. 127644
[x] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
>> No. 127646
>She also thinks you’re unstable
>If Sakuya wasn’t sure you were a loon before, she is now
Oh yes, first impressions are always awesome.

[x] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.

No more playing Lunatic. It will only draw more hate from Sakuya, better fix things with her.
>> No. 127647
[X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
[X] Give a explanation for our dislike of most fairies outside of Cirno.
>> No. 127648
[X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
>> No. 127651
[X] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.
>> No. 127652
[x] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.

I really just wanna keep up the act for shits and giggles, but I got this gut feeling Remilia's gonna know we're fucking with her, or it'll just backfire on us at some point.
>> No. 127657
[X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
[X] Give a explanation for our dislike of most fairies outside of Cirno. (addendum: To Keine and Cirno only. No need to spread knowledge of our fears and mental scars to everyone)
>> No. 127658
X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
[X] Give a explanation for our dislike of most fairies outside of Cirno.
>> No. 127659
[x] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.
>> No. 127660
[x] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
>> No. 127661
>>[X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
>>[X] Give a explanation for our dislike of most fairies outside of Cirno. (addendum: To Keine and Cirno only. No need to spread knowledge of our fears and mental scars to everyone)
>>EXTRA ADDENDUM: Meiling too, because she's awesome.

God I don't even play D&D and this entire snippet had me giggling like a Japanese schoolgirl faced with an entire dimension of tentacles.
>> No. 127665
[X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
>> No. 127666
[X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
[X] Give a explanation for our dislike of most fairies outside of Cirno. (addendum: To Keine and Cirno only. No need to spread knowledge of our fears and mental scars to everyone)
>> No. 127669
>Fairies to the right of you. Fairies to the left of you. Fairies behind you, their high-pitched chattering volleying to and fro, to and fro as they plot-

Into the valley of death rode the wizard...
>> No. 127671
[x] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
[x] Give a explanation for our dislike of most fairies outside of Cirno. (addendum: To Keine and Cirno only. No need to spread knowledge of our fears and mental scars to everyone)

Cautiousfagging it up? Fine with me.
>> No. 127675
File 128897049518.jpg - (1.54MB , 2792x1948 , Limper.jpg ) [iqdb]
127675
Our Wizard will never be as much insane as the Limper was.
>> No. 127676
[X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
[X] Free the fairy but take the fiddle.
[x] Apologize, explain later to Keine and Cirno about a traumatic experience with a fiddle using fairy
We don't want to give enemies free information about any weaknesses we have have do we?
Also act Gentlemanly from now on. Because KEINE.
>> No. 127677
[X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. But a minute should be JUST enough to continue being crazy until Remilia comes in.
[x]Afterwards Sakyua will think she's the only one who sees through our veneer of politeness to the crazy person underneath
>> No. 127678
[x] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
[x] Give a explanation for our dislike of most fairies outside of Cirno. (addendum: To Keine and Cirno only. No need to spread knowledge of our fears and mental scars to everyone)

Because I want to hear the story myself.

Saving against one grig is one thing. Saving against a 20-80 grig tribe is another.
>> No. 127681
Once more, all listen to the wisdom of the Unbound... Just kidding. It's simple common sense.

I am also rather curious as to the tale which spawned this unholy hatred of the Fair Folk (but not Cirno, cause we lov...like our daugh... future apprentice.)
>> No. 127682
[X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
[X] Give a explanation for our dislike of most fairies outside of Cirno. (addendum: To Keine and Cirno only. No need to spread knowledge of our fears and mental scars to everyone)
EXTRA ADDENDUM: Meiling too, because she's awesome.
F yeah let's recruit Meiling into our party!
>> No. 127683
>>127681
>(but not Cirno, cause we lov...like our daugh... future apprentice.)
Beloved tomboyish daughter
>> No. 127684
[x] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.

More than thirty votes here. Sure seems votespammy in here.
>> No. 127686
[x] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
>> No. 127688
[x] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it.
>> No. 127690
The fey can get pretty damn nasty at times. Given the choice between dealing with a devil and a member of the fair folk, it's often safer dealing with the devil.

As for why we're fine with Cirno? Probably because she's fairly humanish mentally speaking ...and not say your usual mix of nastiness and alien mentality of most fairies that our Wizard has probably encountered.

...And she's cute.
>> No. 127706
[x] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.
>> No. 127708
[X] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.
>> No. 127713
>>127690
Given the choice between dealing with Fair Folk and having a staring contest with the Tarrasque, I'm pretty safe in saying that a LOT of people would rather lock eyes with Big T than deal with any of those horrific bastards.
>> No. 127715
[X] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.
>> No. 127716
[X] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.
>> No. 127717
[X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
>> No. 127718
[ ] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.
>> No. 127720
So, has everyone voted? Is there consensus on our course of action? If so, then let's wait till Demetrious posts the next update.

I think, however, that anyone who wishes to expand on their choice and write up something more elaborate are welcome to.
>> No. 127722
[x] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
Come on know.
>> No. 127725
[x] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.

Don't act the fool, or you'll be played like one.
>> No. 127726
We won't act like a fool or a total whackjob, guys. It's all about being ZUUL.

You know, a healthier ego than is typical, a more thorough air of mystery, the occasional disconnect between our actions and what would be rationally expected...
>> No. 127727
>>127726
Leaping through the air, landing on tables and people?
>> No. 127729
>>127727
We did that on our own, without acting like Zuul. That's our natural reaction to a Fae fiddler.

As Zuul, hopefully that won't come into the equation.
>> No. 127730
>>127727
Mmm. WizardNon isn't the social type.
Exploring a mansion before encountering the host isn't something someone sane whould do.
Which means that Survive is priority number one for this Wizzard. I think he won't trust any vampire, and won't hesitate to burn everything to the ground, just to revenge or by safety.
>> No. 127731
[X] Keep up the act until the vampires reveal something of their approaches and motives by responding, then abruptly drop it. Mind games will be played tonight- so they may as well be mine.
>> No. 127733
>>127730
Indeed. That was my thought too. He probably had to always fitght for his life and just can't take it easy without seeing murder and conspiracies behind every corner. It makes him see everyone as an enemie, like with Sakuya or Remilia or whoever else he sees.
But that is where Keine comes in. He is already changing so slighty thanks to her.
>> No. 127734
Hey, I wonder how many times he's died. By level 17, it's almost inevitable that you'll have died at least once.

Probably the Fae what did it, too.
>> No. 127736
>>127734
>He's died.

What do you mean? Is there a way for D&D character to revive?
>> No. 127737
>>127736

You want a list?

Raise Dead, Resurrection, True Resurrection, Contingent Resurrection...
>> No. 127742
>>127737
Yeah, for adventurers in D&D, death is just a occupational hazard. Not even a big one at high levels.
>> No. 127743
>>127736
Most forms of D&D resurrection cost you a level and/or very expensive spell components. If you can pay those costs though, it's worth it (the mechanics of experience gain in 3.5 favor lower-level party members, so they'll catch back up pretty quick).
>> No. 127749
>“No problem,” she says. “I wouldn’t let the fairies getcha!”

CIRNOCIRNOCIRNOCIRNOCIRNO

[X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
>> No. 127764
I'm adding this to my vote.
[X] Explain why fiddles freak us out to Keine and Cirno. Meiling will probably hear it too, but she's okay.
Let's just explain it before Sakuya comes back. It's not as if EVERYONE has to know.

If Wizardnon had been smart, though, he wouldn't have gone ballistic on the little fairy. (Pun fully intended.)
He would have found a way to interrupt it more calmly and secretly strike a deal with the fairies. Have them wait while he explains why he dislike fairy fiddlers, and then they can start playing again after that.
I mean, whether or not Gensokyou fairies can actually play a "dance to death"-tune or not, it's still the perfect excuse for a dance.

Although there would of course be an interruption right at the point where Keine stops being flustered and starts enjoying the dance, because that's how these things always happen.
>> No. 127768
>>127764
Our MC lacks the wisdom and the charisma to come up with diplomatic ideas like that. Literally. He put most of his skill points into the spellcasting essentials and Pickpocket and Bluff, after all.
>> No. 127769
>>127768
And probably Search and/or Spot too. Secret passages in random dusty closets! So it's certainly not a matter of being smart, it's just the application of that smartitude that holds us back removes our limits of common sense.
>> No. 127771
File 128901139865.jpg - (25.50KB , 275x302 , 30ftburrowspeed.jpg ) [iqdb]
127771
>>127769
>removes our limits of common sense
>> No. 127775
To be fair to wizard, once you see one of the fae about to do something like playing a musical instrument it tends to be smarter to either just kill it with fire or get the instrument away from it then attempt to 'reason' with it.
>> No. 127795
>>127775

Does said reasoning involves lots and lots of fire?
>> No. 127799
File 128902853071.jpg - (103.42KB , 500x442 , 1275865086200.jpg ) [iqdb]
127799
[X] That act won’t fool anybody for longer then a minute. Just play it straight. Sakuya’s reaction upon realizing she’s been had should be reason enough.
[X] Give a explanation for our dislike of most fairies outside of Cirno.


Still holding your hat down over the upset fairy, you turn to look at your companions. Keine and Meiling are standing side-by-side, giving you identical looks of absolute horror.

“Oops?” you say sheepishly.

Meiling reacts first. “WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?” she shrieks, gripping her head with both hands in abject misery. “Oh god, oh god you trashed the table Remilia’s going to hurt me...”

“No, no!” you say, rolling off the table and returning your hat to your head. The recently-freed fairy begins swearing at you and making rude gestures. You lean over, and flick her clean off the table, then confiscate her miniscule fiddle. “Listen, I can, just-”

“There’s no time,” Meililng says despairingly, “and I’d still have to explain what you’re doing here at all...”

“Bullshit,” you say, chopping your hand through the air angrily. You speak a few words of magic, make a gesture, and point at the table. “Set that shit straight.” Almost immediately, the scattered bowls, silverware, and condiment containers begin levitating towards their proper locations.

“What.” Meiling says flatly, staring at the aerial dance of dishware.

Unseen Servant,” you say casually. “If you think that’s good, you ought to watch me pack my bags sometime.” You right a gravy boat you tipped over, and point your finger at the large stain on the tablecloth. “Skadoosh,” you intone, and the Prestidigitation goes to work, erasing the gravy and stain within moments.

“You know,” Keine says cautiously, “I was just beginning to think I knew you.”
“Nobody knows Zuul,” you say, amused. “Not even I know Zuul.”

“What’s your problem with the fairies, anyway?” Cirno asks, mystified. “You murderize a dragon and then get all worried over fairies?”

“Indeed,” Keine says, amused. “Do tell.”

You examine the curious faces, shrug, and take a seat. “It was one of my first real expeditions. I’d been hired on by your typical pack of local yokels looking to find a satyr that’d been indulging in a little too much ‘fun’ for them to tolerate.” You turn in your chair to check on the progress of your Unseen Servant, and tell it to go to the other end of the table and finish up there. “Anyhow, we’re walking through the woods when we somehow blunder right into an assload of fey- at least thirty. Grigs and pixies. Two of the grigs get out teeny fiddles and begin playing.”

“What’s so bad about a fiddle?” Meiling asks, mystified. Cirno, however, is frowning- she knows what you’re about to say.

“When fey decide to saw on a fiddle and play it hot, you jump up on a hickory stump and begin dancing,” you explain. “And you can’t stop yourself. For as long as they keep playing.”

“They can do that!?” Meiling asks, horrified.

“Yeah,” Cirno says, pursing her lips in thought. “Well, for just one, they’d have to be bigger and stronger- like me,” she says with some pride, thumping her chest with one small fist. “But a whole bunch of the little ones, working together- yeah, they could do it.”

“These grigs, they stand about yay tall,” you say, indicating something about eighteen inches tall with your hands, “and the pixies are a little bigger yet. So it only took one, trust me. When the grigs started playing, everyone succumbed to it- except me.”

“How did you resist?” Keine asks, interested.

“When you spend all day warping reality with your mind,” you reply, “you get good at shrugging off things like that. Anyhow, I start capering around in a circle with the rest of the group, because otherwise they would’ve skewered me on the spot. And then, for a good half-hour worth of dancing in a circle, I got to listen to the little bastards talk.” You recline in your chair and begin counting off on your fingers. “They took bets on who would collapse first, discussed who got to loot which human corpse, whether their friend the satyr would want to kill us outright or have some ‘fun’ with us first... on and on.”

Cirno, Keine, and Meiling regard you with a most alarmed expression.

“Finally, most of them took off, sending a few to find the satyr, leaving the two grigs and the pixies to keep us under their sway. That’s when I acted.”

“What’d you do?”

“I let the dogs out,” you say. “Summoned a pair of celestial dogs right next to those fucking grigs. Turns out it’s hard to fiddle with a dog chewing on your head. Of course, I got two pixie daggers shoved into my back for my troubles, but my companions were freed. Things got a little crazy after that.”

“You got stabbed!?” Keine says, aghast. “How bad?”

“Well, their daggers aren’t too big, but they didn’t exactly tickle,” you say dourly. “I was hurt pretty bad. I don’t remember much else, except for a distinct memory of a very angry warrior beating a pixie with pixies.”

“With pixies??”

“One in each hand,” you confirm. “Pixies are slippery little bastards- they turn invisible at will, they can shrug off most magic I was capable of at the time, they can even cast spells- but once a few pissed-off warriors built like mastiff-bulette hybrids lay hold of them, even they have trouble. Pixies are many things, but ‘strong’ isn’t one of them.”

“That’s scary,” Meiling says, shuddering a little. “You almost didn’t get away.”

”We got lucky,” you agree. “I had some encounters with the faerie court later on, though that’s another story. And that, my friends, is why I fucking detest fairies.”

------------------------------------------

(Long update is long. Part 2 tomorrow morning.)
>> No. 127801
File 128902872779.jpg - (436.31KB , 1024x768 , 1268534306714.jpg ) [iqdb]
127801
>>127614

HIGHLY related. That's one of my favoritest Cirno macros ever made.

>>127795

You, sir, understand the MCs mindset.
>> No. 127802
>>127799
>“If you think that’s good, you ought to watch me pack my bags sometime.”
lol u merlin
>> No. 127807
>>127802

With a shave, and less confusion.
>> No. 127808
>I fucking detest fairies

Except for Cirno of course!

...provided she never touches a fiddle in our presence.
>> No. 127809
File 128903584529.png - (297.82KB , 741x592 , wizardthp.png ) [iqdb]
127809
Demetrious I had been meaning to do something like this earlier but I was too lazy SO I have finished this gift for you while the laziness bug is away. Based on a true story!
>> No. 127810
>>127808
I don't think we have to worry about that. Cirno is too busy being a genius in math class to take up music classes.
(A bus leaves the SDM with three passengers. Two people get off and half a person gets on at Hakugyokurou. Finally, two people get off the bus at Yakumo's house.
How many passengers were there in total?)
>> No. 127811
>>127810
Oops. Only one person is supposed to get off the bus at Hakugyokurou. Otherwise we end up with -½ a person on the bus.
...I'm gonna go back to school now. I can't even get the question right so I guess Cirno is smarter than me too.
>> No. 127812
>>127594
Just a quick question, is this how WizardNon really look like, or is it just a random drawing?
>> No. 127813
>>127810
The answer is 3.5
>> No. 127815
File 128904483194.jpg - (28.68KB , 439x480 , cirnoanswer.jpg ) [iqdb]
127815
>>127813

The answer is NONE, because there are no busses in Gensokyo!
>> No. 127820
>>127810
>>127811
>>127813
>>127815
Come on, THP. Stupid IOSYS memes? I expect better from you.
>> No. 127821
File 128904895992.jpg - (445.70KB , 1906x1380 , d459466d164a754e367bafc27d00fa3e [50%].jpg ) [iqdb]
127821
>>127815
*train*
>> No. 127823
Well... that's a comprehensible reason to hold an (Unholy, Undying, Khornate) hatred of faeries.

Oh boy, oh boy! I hope no one else was listening. Next part soon, I hope.
>> No. 127826
>>127808
She'd be more interested in a drum set or a guitar.
>> No. 127827
>>127826
For some reason I can only imagine Cirno either playing the xylophone or the accordion.
The xylophone involves high pitched noises and hitting things, making it an ideal fairy instrument.
The accordion though I think would just be funny.
>> No. 127829
>>127827
BAGPIPES.
>> No. 127830
>>127829
...
I'm not particularly good at drawfagging, but I'm doing this, goddammit.
>> No. 127832
>>127813
Nice. I thought it was 4 but then I stopped being retarded.
I mean, 3 was flawed, but 4 was a step in the wrong direction. Into a pit. Full of dire spiders.
>> No. 127836
>>127832
>4 was a step in the wrong direction
here_we_go_again.jpg
>> No. 127846
>>127827
There is only one instrument for Cirno.

ICE
>> No. 127847
>>127846
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pphtdtVI3dw
>> No. 127862
File 128906598189.jpg - (102.60KB , 655x700 , cirno guitar.jpg ) [iqdb]
127862
>>127826
Someone said Cirno? And guitars? Why yes!
>> No. 127865
I'm not sure why Cirno and Meiling are so aghast, now that I think about it; one of Cirno's best friends in fanon eats people (and, IIRC, is the only youkai that has been introduced in canon that actually does so), and Meiling should be well aware of the fact that there are human-eating youkai out there, since she is a youkai herself.
>> No. 127867
>>127865
Because...eating people is not as bad as raping them when they're on the edge of death and then killing them?
>> No. 127868
>>127867

Not to mention said eating of people tends to end it quickly. We're talking at a very minimum death by forced exhaustion, unable to control yourself for hours or even days while you quite literally dance to death.
>> No. 127870
File 128907273985.png - (139.13KB , 600x600 , 744cacc0658d47bab48ccfe729141530.png ) [iqdb]
127870
As you finish your tale, you hear footsteps echoing down the long hallway outside of the dining room’s impressive double doors. You stand, adjust your wizard’s hat, and make a last-minute adjustment to your robe, slowing the illusion of the swirling starscape so its drift is only noticeable after a moment or two of observation. You don’t want to upstage your girls, after all.

Sakuya appears in the open doorway, and stops cold when she sees the table. Beside her, a short, purple-haired girl with a baggy cap coldly examines the table, which is immaculately laid out. She slowly, deliberately, turns her gaze upwards towards Sakuya, who’s staring at the dining table in shock.

“But- but-”

The purple-haired girl in the pink getup turns her gaze to you. “Welcome,” she says, “to the Scarlet Devil Mansion.”

That’s when you notice the leathery, batlike wings peeking out from behind her small frame.

“.... you’re a devil,” you say flatly.

“I am the Scarlet Devil, yes,” the girl says says, smirking and cocking her head a little. “My reputation precedes me?”

“As does mine, apparently.”

“Ah, yes. The fearsome dragonslayer,” she says lightly, flipping her hand airily. “I’m pleased to finally meet the man who’s got all of Gensokyo in a stir- the mighty Zuul.”

“That’s just one of many titles,” you say. “You may address me by my name.” You state your full name for her benefit, then join your hands together, hidden in the loose arms of your robes, and smile slightly.

“And in turn, you may call me Remilia.” She studies you carefully, her red eyes boring into yours. “You seem a little... surprised to see me.”

No shit, you think. You were expecting a brooding, over-dressed, melodramatic undead abomination, and what you got was a loli demon sub-type of some sort.

“I expected someone... shorter,” you say deliberately.

Remilia’s chilly little giggle sounds a little off, somehow. “And I was expecting someone a little more... animated.” Sakuya’s jaw tightens almost imperceptibly at that. “And-” Remilia’s red eyes shift slightly, and you hear Meiling squirm a little behind you- “I expected you later.”

“I prefer to be punctual,” you explain. “Meiling found us before we got too turned-around in the Mansion, and graciously offered to escort us here.”

“I see,” Remilia says softly, releasing Meiling from her gaze, and turning it back to you. “We may as well begin now, then. Sakuya. Food.”

Sakuya reaches into her apron pocket- and vanishes. A second later, laden food trays, beverage pitchers, and ice buckets with wine bottles appear on the table. Sakuya has rematerialized at the head of the table.

“Dinner is served, Mistress,” she says stiffly.

“Please, everyone, sit,” Remilila says to your group. You take a seat, Cirno settling to the left of you, and Keine to the right. Sakuya takes a seat at her Mistresses right hand, and Meiling sits one seat to her left, leaving an open spot.

“Patchy and my sister shall be along shortly,” Remilia says. “Until then...” Sakuya reaches for her apron again, and the wineglasses in front of everyone are quite suddenly full. You and Keine reach for your glasses. You’re halfway through your sip when Remilia speaks up. “I’m surprised you didn’t check it for poison.”

Keine chokes and sputters, but you smoothly finish your drink, and set the wine glass down calmly. “Once you’ve drank dwarven liquor, nothing much scares you.”

“That bad?” Meiling asks.

“When a liquor has enough body that you can roast it, yes, I’d define that as ‘bad’,” you say, amused.

“A man who samples exotic tastes,” Remilia muses. “How much more... refinement you have, then the rumors credited you with.”

“What, have I been talked up as a marauding lunatic?”

“Something like that, yes.”

You smile slightly. “Whatever could have given people that impression?” you say innocently, glancing at Sakuya. Her carefully neutral expression melts away as her eyes widen with realization.

It is sublimely satisfying.

“You’ve fallen into unorthodox company, as well,” Remilia says, oblivious to Sakuya’s reaction. “Miss Kamishirasawa, the mild-mannered schoolteacher?” Keine frowns at Remilia. “And Cirno? An underpowered little pest-”

“Hey!” Cirno objects, standing up on the seat of her chair to get enough height to glare at Remila over the gravy bowl. Unlike Remila, she wasn’t provided with a higher seat, you notice. “Watch it!”

“I rest my case,” Remilia says dismissively, turning her attention back to you. “Any way you dice it, odd company for a dragonslayer to keep, no?” Her brilliant red eyes fix you with an unblinking, searching gaze as a little smile plays on her lips. You gaze right back, trying to discern the motive lurking beneath her seemingly innocent query.

[ ] “Are you going to suggest more suitable allies?”
[ ] “The wisest of the half-beasts and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”
[ ] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
[ ] Write-in?

---

Yes, you're actually being subtle this time. Consider the intent behind the words of each option.
>> No. 127872
>>127809

Oh man, that's hilarious. OC of any kind amuses the hell out of me.

>>127812

Just a random drawing I got from a drawthread on /tg/, before I even started this story. I kind of imagine the MC looks roughly like the picture I opened Thread 5 with- no huge wizard beard, fairly young, with pants + boots + undershirt on under his robe. Add traditional pointy Wizard hat.
>> No. 127873
Best answer:

Combine

[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
with

[x] “The wisest of the half-beasts and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”

Somewhat teasing, sarcastic wizard who is bro-tier to his friends.

MC is a pretty cool guy. He makes smalltalk and doesn't afraid of anything.
>> No. 127874
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
[x] “The wisest of the half-beasts and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”

>Her carefully neutral expression melts away as her eyes widen with realization.

Problem, Sakuya?
>> No. 127875
[x] “Are you going to suggest more suitable allies?”
We movin' to the SDM, woo woo woo.
>> No. 127876
[X] "You find it odd that I keep company with those who have aided me?
>> No. 127877
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
[x] “The wisest of the half-beasts and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”
>> No. 127878
[x] “The wisest of the half-beasts and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”
>> No. 127879
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
[X] "Do you really find it odd that I keep company with those who have aided me?"
[x] “Besides, the wisest of the half-beasts and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”
>> No. 127880
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
[x] “The wisest of the half-beasts and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”

I like this one. Just missing one thing...

[x] Slip Cirno the Fiddle. Let hilarity ensue.
>> No. 127881
File 128907545069.jpg - (879.06KB , 882x1113 , TWWda.jpg ) [iqdb]
127881
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
And a bit of
[x] “The wisest of the half-beasts and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”
But more polite and without such titles. They are friends, not additional spellcards or political weight.
>> No. 127882
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
[x] “The wisest of the half-beasts and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”
>> No. 127884
>>127882
Just saw this consider it added to my vote.

But more polite and without such titles. They are friends, not additional spellcards or political weight.
>> No. 127885
Just to ask; would Keine really appreciate being referred to as a half-beast?
>> No. 127887
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
Just this for me, thanks.
>> No. 127888
HMMMM.

>>[ ] “Are you going to suggest more suitable allies?”
The idea of ending up on positive terms with patchu-mama, koa, and flanflan is love. Might be a bit forward though. Dunno. I'm not sure I like the wording though - "more suitable allies" makes it sound too much like wiznon wouldn't stand with Keine/Cirno THROUGH THICK AND THIN. With a bit of rewording though... hurm. I like the choice but it rubs me the wrong way, much as I love all of the SDM crew.

>>[ ] “The wisest of the half-beasts and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”
OH U FLATTERER U.

>>[ ] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
No matter what choice we pick that totally needs to be the initial comeback.

Frankly, I think that all three could be threaded together for maximum effect. Great comeback, sticking with our bros 'n hos, and then opening the door for HAREM ENDING. Or at least getting a pet Meiling. Bonus points if we stick up for Meiling a bit, just making her look good for Remilia/Sakuya. Couldn't hurt to soothe that over a bit, and besides, never hurts to make friends with the hired help. If necessary, they can spy and no one really thinks they're capable of doing it. But conspiracy theories aside, I just want to befriend Meiling.

So tl;dr

>>[X] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
>>[X] “The wisest of the half-beasts and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”
>>[X] “Are you going to suggest more suitable allies?”
>>[X] Flatter Meiling's performance
>> No. 127889
>>127885
probably not. we should change it to something like "the heir to a bloodline that has advised Emperors for millenia."
>> No. 127890
[x] “The wisest of the half-beasts and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”

Let's shut her snotty mouth.
>> No. 127891
File 128907760524.jpg - (58.26KB , 244x269 , 1280167930473.jpg ) [iqdb]
127891
>These people ruining Remilia`s master plan.
>> No. 127893
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”

Let's hope this is charisma Remi and not uuu~ uuu~ Remi. We need a real verbal sparring partner, not some easy-to-shock twit.
>> No. 127894
>>127888
[x] What he said.
>> No. 127895
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”

Keine and Cirno don't need any flattery, and we don't need to give Remilia an excuse to embarrass them by recounting anecdotes. We also don't want to insult them by merely implying that they're just 'suitable allies'; they're our friends. Best way I see to maintain the upper hand in the conversation is to discuss something she's interested in but that we wouldn't be expected to know anything about--herself.
>> No. 127896
>>[X] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
>>[X] “The wisest of the half-beasts and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”
>>[X] “Are you going to suggest more suitable allies?”
>>[X] Flatter Meiling's performance
>> No. 127897
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
>> No. 127898
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
[X] "Do you really find it odd that I keep company with those who have aided me?"
>> No. 127899
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”

Let's not get carried away. ...Not yet, at least.
>> No. 127901
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
>> No. 127902
Man, I want to vote
>[x]"Did I say 'Expecting someone shorter?'?"
but think of the chaos it'll bring. Not yet, not before the books.

Anyway, when did we dispose our dragon steak?
>> No. 127903
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
>> No. 127904
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
>> No. 127905
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
[x] “The wisest of the half-beasts and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”
>> No. 127906
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
[x] “The wisest of the half-beasts and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”
>> No. 127908
[X] Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you?

[X]The "My company is fine option."
Would like to reword it, but I'm not sure how.
Something along the lines of "Just because I'm a dragonslayer doesn't mean I can't enjoy 'regular' company."
The tone of that if way off, because it comes off as rather condescending. Basically, she's saying that we should hang out with more prestigious people, but what does prestige have to do with being enjoyable company?
>> No. 127910
I would advise my fellow anons to choose our next words with *exceptional* care. (You are reading this in Commissar Holt's voice.)

We do not, under any circumstance, want to offend Keine or Cirno. In utterly practical terms, they have proven both to be very reliable allies and have not tried to manipulate or use MC once. In more emotional terms, MC cares about their safety and well-being a lot, a really big lot. Hell, let's say it outright, Wizardanon loves Cirno like a daughter and very possibly loves Keine romantically. The reciprocity of these feelings has been not so subtly hinted at.

On the other hand, Remilia is a vampire/devil and, aside from Meiling, has servants we either loath or intensely dislike (faeries and Sakuya respectively). MC knows better then to trust either Vampires or Devils. We all know that using people is so intrinsic to those creatures that they cannot conceive social relations without them. We cannot trust Remilia and thus Wizardanon should definitively keep his distances.

More then that, Remilia just (very subtly and not so subtly) insulted both Keine and Cirno. She ignored them, talked about them as if they were not there, dismissed Keine as inconsequential and outright insulted Cirno. We are not going to take that.

Our answer should indicate that we would have it no other way than with Keine and Cirno at our side. Not because of their powers or abilities, but because we trust them and care about them. More then that, if we can play it smooth like, we could try to bring Keine and Cirno into our answer, having them participate and presenting a united front.

Recall too that Keine seemed uncomfortable with being a half-hakutaku, hesitating much before telling us, and later insisting that despite living in the village and being a Human by birth, a good part villagers did not trust her/were weary of her. She could be hurt if she thinks we see her more as a half-beast then a human.

Mayhap our answer should also speak of the "odd" characters we have counted as party members along the years.
>> No. 127911
>>127910
Ah, but see, this is being subtle. Court-speak. We'll intimating that they are both far more than she gives them credit for, make it clear we prefer their company to whatever it could possibly be that Remi would think is 'more proper,' and express our displeasure at the slight(or not so slight, in Cirno's case) jabs she's taken at them. The way I'm parsing it, at least.
>> No. 127914
I figure that once we compliment/defend our current company, we ask why Sakuya keeps reaching into her apron whenever she uses her time-manipulation powers; he's most likely noticed this, and may have realized she's using a magic item to grant her that power (and warrior-types using magic items to compensate for their inadequacies would be something he'd be very familiar with). An item of Time Stop at-will would be 306,000gp, which would put it in low-Epic levels, but still possible for a high-level non-Epic character to acquire.
>> No. 127915
[X] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
[X] "You find it odd that I keep company with those who have aided me?
>> No. 127917
[x] “The wisest of the half-beasts and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”
We keep doing this. I see nothing wrong with it.
>> No. 127918
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”

>>127910
I'd disagree with you in the point that Remilia intrinsically can't be trusted - this different plane already has different dragons and different fairies and magic, it's far too soon to write off a devil vampire as something wholly untrustworthy. Not that Remilia isn't wholly untrustworthy, but simply dismissing anything out of hand would be an insult. At the very least we would like to get out of this alive, which means not relying on Remilia's tender mercy and instead striking some sort of minor deal.

As for insulting Cirno and Keine, Cirno's a big girl (metaphorically speaking), she can shrug off anything. Keine I'd suggest something on the lines of "wise folk sticking together" or so. I'd strongly advise against saying "oh boy I really am fond these two and hope you don't hold them hostage at a later date". If nothing else we can apologise with that very same remark that we didn't want to make them seem too important as leverage tools. Better piss them off now rather than put them in danger at a future point.
>> No. 127920
>>127918
Not to mention: Devils are, by nature, Lawful. She can be trusted as far as her word, contracts, and usually promises. Just watch out for word games.
>> No. 127921
>>127918
Your words are wise and full of sense. It might be best to proceed as you say, but I fear I have no certainty in this case.

I pointed out what I felt were important points to consider. May you all pick the right choice, for I cannot.
>> No. 127926
Remilia is one thing, while fairly small, she's still a vampire/devil and acts fairly much like one, hence she is a known quantity to the MC.
What worries me really is flandre... or rather how our wizard will react to a mad little vampire with festival decorations as wings and the ability to disintegrate anything in sight. Also hoping that no one mentions that we basically kicked marisas arse...

well, besides flandre, MC might find koakuma a bit peculiar since she's wearing proper clothing even though she's a succubus.
>> No. 127930
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
>> No. 127931
>>127918
Hostage? I doubt Remilia would stoop to that, and holding Keine hostage is far more trouble than it's worth. She doesn't need Reimu going batshit on her ass again.
>> No. 127937
>>127926
>and the ability to disintegrate anything in sight
Well I can tell you what the typical adventurer's thoughts would eventually end at.

"Can I mount it to my wrist or at least use it as a weapon in some way?"
>> No. 127942
>>127926
>Remilia is one thing, while fairly small, she's still a vampire/devil and acts fairly much like one, hence she is a known quantity to the MC.

He does call her a 'loli demon sub-type' so I'm not sure if he can discriminate between devils and demons. Maybe our Wizard does not have many ranks in Knowledge (the Planes).

>What worries me really is flandre... or rather how our wizard will react to a mad little vampire with festival decorations as wings and the ability to disintegrate anything in sight. Also hoping that no one mentions that we basically kicked marisas arse...

Keine would probably intervene even if we accepted some challenge from Remilia in meeting her, so unless we stay too long and she's freed of her own accord, I don't foresee any problems. Our goal her is only to get Sakuya off out back by accepting Remilia's invitation and learn whether Patchouli is the scryer. The magic books are a bonus.

>well, besides flandre, MC might find koakuma a bit peculiar since she's wearing proper clothing even though she's a succubus.

He'll probably understand when he finds out she's Patchouli's familiar. I think he'll be impressed Patchouli contracted her and then trained her so well.
>> No. 127944
>>127942
Seeing as Wizardanon has Planeshift as a spell, not having any ranks in Knowledge : The Planes would be particularly unwise.
>> No. 127945
>>127918
This. 1000 times this.
>> No. 127948
> He does call her a 'loli demon sub-type' so I'm not sure if he can discriminate between devils and demons. Maybe our Wizard does not have many ranks in Knowledge (the Planes).
That sounds a bit unlikely. Maybe your dear writer slipped up there for a moment.
>> No. 127949
>>127948
Or maybe when quipping he isn't very uptight about the specifics. Who knows?
>> No. 127950
>>127937
The idea of a wrist-mounted Flanflan will never leave my mind. Thank you, gentle Anon. You have done great things here.
>> No. 127953
>>127950
I think I saw a picture of this before. I don't know where, but I think it was from before I knew about Touhou.

sage for not contributing anything.
>> No. 127955
I suppose I'll cast a vote, so I can at least bitch later on if it screws up.

>>127918
You have the right idea, I hope. + one vote for that idea.
>> No. 127956
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
>> No. 127959
>>127944
Depends on which plane(s) he's usually interested in.
If he only uses the spell to go to the Astral plane, there's no reason to know about the Elemental planes.

He probably has enough ranks to know which problems might arise if you try to go to some of them and what preparations are necessary (elemental fire: bring asbestos underwear) but not enough to tell the finer differences between, say, a Glabrezu and a Hezrou.
The limits of his knowledge are probably somewhere around: "Both are big, ugly and want to ruin your life." Because unless you plan to travel the planes a lot, that's all you REALLY need to know.
>> No. 127961
>>127959
Our MC specifically said he hides his treasure chest within the Negative Energy Plane, thereby nullifying the need for wards or whatever. And you're making assumptions about our MC's knowledge skill just based on a few passing words that could be anywhere from an author's oversight to an in-character disregard of technicalities.
>> No. 127962
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
[x] “The wisest of the half-beasts and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”

Memory failure: when did we discover Keine was non-human? I can't remember if it was explicitly stated somewhere.
>> No. 127963
>>127962
>“Let me get this straight, you’re a were-wombat?”

And thereabouts in the first thread of the story.
>> No. 127965
>>127953
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/616526 This?
>> No. 127966
Why is nobody else worried by,
>“Patchy and my sister shall be along shortly,”

I am worried. MC in the same room as her is just begging for trouble of the very worst kind.
>> No. 127967
>>127962
I don't think she'd appreciate us spreading around our discovery. It's a bit of a touchy subject.
>> No. 127968
[x] “The wisest of the half-beasts and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”
>> No. 127971
File 128909629887.jpg - (98.35KB , 655x477 , flandorable.jpg ) [iqdb]
127971
Not that I'm looking forwards to Flanflan showing up or anything.
>> No. 127973
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
>> No. 127974
Don't Devils and Demons hate each other? If so it might have been a bit of a subtle insult.
>> No. 127975
[X] Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you?
[X] "You find it odd that I keep company with those who have aided me, and who have become my friends?
>> No. 127978
>>127975
Changing vote for this. Much more in line with my thoughts.
>> No. 127979
>>127967
You forgot that Remilia might have encountered EX Keine; sure Reimu was the one who settled things, but the lines in IN's extra imply that all 4 teams attacked Mokou.
>> No. 127980
[x] Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you?
[x] "You find it odd that I keep company with those who have aided me, and who have become my friends?
>> No. 127982
>>127962
Way way back in the first thread:
http://www.touhou-project.com/th/res/123033.html#123668
>> No. 127983
>>127979
That doesn't mean that everyone else--ok that's just Meiling at this point--knows. Also, the MC doesn't know that Remi might have/has met EX Keine, and Keine knows that he doesn't know. If he carelessly goes talking about what should appear like a secret or at least sensitive topic to him, it might have a negative effect on Keine's trust towards him.
>> No. 127986
[X] Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you?
[X] You jelly? "You find it odd that I keep company with those who have aided me, and who have become my friends?
>> No. 127987
[x] >>127918
Well said. You've earned my vote.

>>127881
>Slip Cirno the Fiddle. Let hilarity ensue.
Now isn't the best time, nor do I think our MC is mentally prepared for it, but at some point in the future, this has to happen.

This has to happen like it was some kind of goddamn inevitability.
>> No. 127991
>>127983
if it was such a problematic choice, then why was it a default choice? I doubt the author is that much of a dick to offer such a choice if it was that bad.
>> No. 127992
>>127991
In true D&D fashion, just because the DM gives you the option doesn't make it a good one. For instance, everyone knows that the door to the Tomb of Horrors is trapped with an insta-death, no save trap.
>> No. 127993
>>127992
This is also why we have the write in option.
>> No. 127995
>>127992
That's why you send a herd of goats in ahead of you, so they'll trip most of the traps. ;)
>> No. 127996
>>127995
That, or the redshirt brigade.

Unfortunately, we cannot send so many character sheets to their deaths in this story, nor can we use a herd of goats to trip the traps.
>> No. 128002
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
[x] “The wisest of the half-beasts and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”
>> No. 128008
"half-beast" is ridiculous and insulting. Find some other epithet for her and we're good.

Alternately:
> “Any way you dice it, odd company for a dragonslayer to keep, no?”
[X] Glance briefly at Keine and Cirno. Shrug. "Well... no."
>> No. 128010
[x] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”
[x] “The heir of a line that has advised emperors for thousands of years and a fairy queen? I think my company is perfectly suited to my prestige.”
- [x] "Besides, if you think these guys are unusual, you should hear about some of my past adventuring companions..."
>> No. 128011
>“When a liquor has enough body that you can roast it, yes, I’d define that as ‘bad’,” you say, amused.
Is that a Dwarf Fortress shout-out?
>> No. 128012
[X] Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you?
[X] "You find it odd that I keep company with those who have aided me, and who have become my friends?

or that

[X] Glance briefly at Keine and Cirno. Shrug. "Well... no."
>> No. 128014
File 128911809552.jpg - (188.68KB , 642x483 , wheredamummiesat.jpg ) [iqdb]
128014
>- [x] "Besides, if you think these guys are unusual, you should hear about some of my past adventuring companions..."
Remilia wants to know about male mummies (It`s 12.3). Lets play this card in return.
>> No. 128027
>>127896
Changing. Slept on it- bad idea.

[X] Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you?
[X] "You find it odd that I keep company with those who have aided me, and who have become my friends?
>> No. 128044
>>127961
Just because he decided that there no need to ward a chest stored on the negative energy plane still doesn't mean he knows a lot about the planes.
He could just have meant that since the chest is "impossible" to find without him calling it, there's no need for wards.
And the negative energy plane thing is just as much "a few passing words" as the loli-demon thing.

I just threw out an idea to join in the conversation. Since Demetrious is the only one who really knows, your guess is as good as mine.
>> No. 128055
[X] Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you?
As others have said telling the big bad that you have a close relationship to anything is like putting a sign over their heads saying please hurt these people and cause me great emotional pain. Its stupid and Wizardnon being the properly paranoid dude that he is would know this. He is impulsive yes but that doesn't mean retarded. Also as others have stated the "Half-Beast" moniker is really quite insulting, not to mention Keine really is insecure about her were-ness and doesn't want it advertised.
>> No. 128061
>>128055
Why are you assuming that Remilia is the big bad? If anything she just likes to act the part without actually intending to do much evil. At the moment she's being snotty as one might expect a spoiled brat to be.
>> No. 128063
>>128061
We may know this but wizard Anon does not. All he knows is that she is some form of vampiric devil. Which implies a metric fuckton of evil.
>> No. 128066
>>128063
This. So very this. Telling MC-Wizard that the person he's meeting is a vampire, but vampires in this land are actually devils that only act like vampires is, what he might term, "a written invitation for the forces of good to kick in a certain loli's door" - for the good of the land you understand. Seriously, in typical-D&D you could be hard pressed to find something more evil than an undead vampire-devil hybrid.
>> No. 128067
>>128066
That's on the one hand.

On the other hand everything seems to be settled with nonfatal magical duels, and notably the protector of pretty much the only local food supply of vampires isn't immediately wanting to stake her through the heart, so it means that SOMETHING is obviously achieved a stable equilibrium.
>> No. 128068
>>128063
He also learned that there are exceptions to the general rules of his land in gensokyo. Example? Cirno, especially in regards to the MC's opinions of fairies.
>> No. 128069
>>128068
Faeries aren't evil, theoretically speaking. They have a "Orange and Blue" moral compass instead of "Black and White" like humans. They also don't go out of their way to do bad things. They can be content to "live and let live".

Practically speaking, they're fickle fuckers who don't really like humans, but they can be trusted to keep to their own affairs, most of the time, and if they like you, they really like you and can help a lot.

Meanwhile, the majority of Vampires and Demons/Devils do go out of their way to make people suffer and commit acts of soul corrupting evil. The very purpose of their existence is to make people suffer and also prey on people.
>> No. 128075
>>128067
I agree with this.
Sure, we know that she is a vampire and seems to have a bit of demon/devil in her.
But on the other hand, everything in Gensokyo has been completely off the rocker compared to what he's used to. And even in D&D there ARE cases of non-evil undead, even if they are very rare.
I think it's best to assume that she is powerful and can be very dangerous if we get on her bad side. But for now, we're in "neutral" and she is simply curious.
>> No. 128088
File 128915552257.jpg - (807.04KB , 1000x1197 , orange and blue.jpg ) [iqdb]
128088
>>128069
>Orange and Blue
?
>> No. 128095
>>128088
Go to TVTropes.
>> No. 128097
[┼] Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you?
[┼] "You find it odd that I keep company with those who have aided me, and who have become my friends?
>> No. 128117
updates where?
>> No. 128144
>>128117
Patience, grasshopper.
>> No. 128182
>>128144
Its so hard though. I think if this story ended I'd literally cry.
>> No. 128187
>>128182
The story never ends, only the part we witness does. Even after the words "the end", that world lives on.
>> No. 128192
>>128182
Now you know how we felt when Taisa dropped GH.
>> No. 128199
>>128192
I'd refute that point, but the more time goes by, the harder it is for me to do just that.
>> No. 128200
>>128117
In 7 minutes/days/weeks/months.
>> No. 128201
Go Demetrious!
>> No. 128205
>>128192
I think this story can last as long as it doesn't get bogged down in its own weight like GH did.
>> No. 128207
>>128205
>bogged down in its own weight like GH did.
Have you not noticed the threads with only 2-3 actual updates? We are already "bogged down." At this rate, we will be at thread 20 by the end of the month. Now, I like this story, its good, and Demetrious is a pretty cool guy, but that shit has got to stop happening. Its pushing other worthy stories off of /th/
>> No. 128208
Guys, chill. It was last updated on the 6th, and now it's still only the 7th. Lrn2patience.
>> No. 128209
>>128208
Not according to the server, it's not. Which timezone is Demetrious in, anyhow?
>> No. 128224
>>128207
but it's discussion, not shitstorms.

>>128209
it's the weekend, updates usually aren't common on the weekends, general rule. And knock it off with the name.
>> No. 128228
File 128919055292.png - (64.79KB , 175x178 , awesomechar.png ) [iqdb]
128228
>Its pushing other worthy stories off of /th/
>> No. 128253
>>128224
Well discussion and dozens and dozens of votes I mean we got like what fucking thirty plus votes for ever update which is like 90+ posts right there.

Clearly the problem is people reading and voting, they're killing the story!
>> No. 128255
>>128253
It baffles me when people dont sage with bandwagon votes. If you can't even bother to make a simple comment, or, god-forbid, actual discussion, the least you could do is not bump.
>> No. 128257
>>128255
I don't understand why people don't comment/discuss when voting, full stop. Screw whether or not they're saging, bandwagon voting is just... boring. Inevitable, sometimes, because you can't always think of something witty or relevant to say, but every one for a while...?
>> No. 128260
>>128257
There's a myriad of reasons for this. Time restraints, complete agreement with a previous vote, simply not enough in the update to discuss, and like you said, sometimes people just can't think of anything good to say. It happens to everyone.

But is it so hard to sage when you cannot provide anything witty, or enlightening? If your vote is crappy, there is no need to bump a thread to the top. (Especially when it is stories as ludicrously popular as this.
>> No. 128284
>>128260
Complaining about people who don't sage bandwagon votes is like complaining about people who leave the toilet seat up. Seriously, find something else to be annoyed about; you shouldn't have to look too hard.
>> No. 128307
>>128209
EST LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
>> No. 128308
File 128920376367.jpg - (95.92KB , 500x500 , 1276222151879.jpg ) [iqdb]
128308
[X] “Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress.”


“Met enough dragonslayers to establish an archetype, have you? You’re hard to impress,” you answer flatly. Go fish, bitch.

The devil’s red eyes narrow slightly, and her amused little smile vanishes. “I have. Several, in fact. Including more then a few would-be vampire slayers before I came to Gensokyo.”

“How boring for both of us,” you reply. “I’ve known a few vampires in my time.”

Two long seconds pass in silence as you return Remila’s unblinking red-eyed stare.

“How did you come to Gensokyo, anyways?” Meiling asks, breaking the spell. “Did the dragon lead you here?”

“He was trying to run.”

“The dragon!?”

“Yes. Because I was kicking his ass.” You take a sip of your wine. “I hit him with a Dimensional Anchor at the exact time he tried to Planeshift away. I had a Spell Turning effect active on myself, and now that I’ve had time to think of it, I suspect he did, too. So a resonating field was set up...”

Sakuya, Remilia, and Meiling are all giving you blank looks.

“Magic happened. Poof~” you say, wiggling your fingers. “Completely accidental.”

“Can you get back?” Meiling asks, curious.

“I don’t know,” you reply honestly. “I might be able to Planeshift home with no problem, and I might end up with my head attached to my knee when I come out the other end. I need some more time to investigate the local planar topology before I try it.”

“Oh,” Meiling says uncertainly. “So you’re stranded here?”

“For a little while at least, yes.”

“So...” Remilia says thoughtfully, “a magician, then?”

“What gave me away?” you say dryly. “All the talk about spells, or the hat?”

“It’s just interesting,” Remilia says, “because my private tutor- ah, there she is now.” You turn to look at the door, and see the newcomers- a purple-haired woman dressed in what look like pajamas, and a young blonde-haired girl with red eyes.

“This is the new guy?” the blonde-haired girl says, bounding across the room with surprising speed. She comes to a halt about two feet away from you and plants her hands on her hips, tilting her head as she gives you a frank appraisal.

“Yes,” Remilia says.

“Hmfph. Just a human,” she says, disappointed.

“You’ll have to excuse Flandre,” Remilia says to you, her voice noticeably strained. “We don’t often have visitors.” The blonde catches the tension in her sister’s voice and backs off a bit. Remilia tilts her head towards the empty seat next to her, and the girl comes around the table to claim it.

“And this is Patchouli Knowledge,” Remilia says, gesturing towards the door, where the woman in the pajamas is still standing. You nod at her politely and introduce yourself.

“... hello,” she says quietly. At last she takes a step, then another, and finally moves to the open seat by Sakuya. Settling in the chair, she examines her plate studiously with half-closed eyes, seeming half-asleep.

“Well, I suppose we can begin,” Remilila says, and soon trays of food are being passed up and down the table. Cirno must have been especially hungry, because her plate is soon piled high with pork chops. She digs in ravenously. You notice that Remilia is eating lightly, favoring her wine, and Flandre is idly picking at a cake of some sort. Meiling and Keine are both eating healthily, but slowly- their glances sliding between you and Remilia, who’s taking the time to study you between slow sips from her glass.

For your part, you could care less about the devil bitch’s cold gaze. You dig into the meal heartily, making a point of asking Remilia to pass the salt at one point. She hands it over, her cool expression never changing. You get the feeling she’s formulating her next move. Well, let her formulate.

Sakuya, on the other hand, is favoring you with flinty-eyed glances every now and then, and the household witch is only picking at her plate, and hasn’t looked up once.

With everybody eating, the room has been quiet for a few minutes. It’s a good opening to strike up a dialogue.

[ ] Let’s talk to Flandre. There seems to be tension between the sisters- we might be able to use that.
[ ] “Problem, Sakuya?”
[ ] Let’s ask Meiling about herself. She’s friendly, fairly outgoing... she doesn’t seem to fit in here, somehow.
[ ] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.
>> No. 128309
[P] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.

Patchy!
>> No. 128310
File 128920404959.jpg - (27.88KB , 455x427 , 1235236880950.jpg ) [iqdb]
128310
Also;

1. I dun goofed on the 'demon' thing (MC says to Remilia's face "... you're a devil?" right before that, note.)

2. Yes, that was a DF reference. Boozecooking. Heh.

3. Thread conversation- >pic related
>> No. 128311
[X] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.

If nothing else, we need to figure out if her magic works the same way as ours, so as to decide whether or not she could have been the scryer from this morning.
>> No. 128313
>>128310

Oh, and I'm in -5 GMT. It's further skewed by me sometimes updating at 3AM, sometimes at 11:00 PM, and sometimes at 5 or 6. I usually throw them up as soon as I'm finished.
>> No. 128316
[X] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.

Is it not said that knowledge is power? Is it not said that therefore one should amass knowledge (and preferably deny it to their enemies)?
>> No. 128318
[X] Let’s talk to Flandre. There seems to be tension between the sisters- we might be able to use that.

What's the best thing to get rid of vampires, especially if you don't want to dirty your own hands?

THE CRAZY VAMPIRE!
>> No. 128319
File 128920602147.jpg - (72.94KB , 425x576 , wizard_by_andrebdois.jpg ) [iqdb]
128319
[X] Let’s talk to Flandre. There seems to be tension between the sisters- we might be able to use that.
Looks interesting to me.
>> No. 128320
[X] Let’s talk to Flandre. There seems to be tension between the sisters- we might be able to use that.

Grab her attention by showing her some magic tricks
>> No. 128321
[X] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.

Eyes on the prize people we came for books not lolis, we've already got one of those.
>> No. 128322
[x] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.

Brass tacks and all that.
>> No. 128323
>"Problem, Sakuya?"

Oh, you.
>> No. 128326
Oh, and Demetrious, get on IRC. I've got something to ask you.
>> No. 128327
[X] Let’s talk to Flandre. There seems to be tension between the sisters- we might be able to use that
[X]"So, is Lady Flanders a familial relation, or your sister by - ah - blood?"
>> No. 128331
[X]Talk to everyone. Unless something goes horribly wrong, we will be here all evening.

But let's start with Flandre.
Since she is Remilia's sister that means that she is also a Lady, and we are a gentleman tonight. We can't just ignore her without at least some polite (but pointless) small talk.
>> No. 128332
>Unless something goes horribly wrong, we will be here all evening.

But that is something going horribly wrong.

[x] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.
>> No. 128333
[x] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.
>> No. 128334
>>128332
Being here all evening is pretty much what we had planned anyway. Not even ZUUL! can make sense of an entire library in an hour.
We will probably have to try to make a good impression so we can come back some other day.

Being here all night, on the other hand.
>> No. 128335
Doesn't our Wizard have, on his person, some dragon meat (guaranteed to be delicious) and the spellbooks he heroically liberated from the fiendish grasp of the scoundrel book-thief, Marisa?

Don't forget, for shock value, nothing beats eating bits of something you killed. Provided you don't make it into an invitation for someone else to kill and eat you.

And the books, if they aren't stored in the luggage, why, one could use these as... leverage.
>> No. 128336
[X] Let’s talk to Flandre. There seems to be tension between the sisters- we might be able to use that.
>> No. 128338
[x] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.
>> No. 128340
[X] Give Patchouli the book Marisa took from her and we took from Marisa.
>> No. 128341
[X] Give Patchouli the book Marisa took from her and we took from Marisa.

seconded
>> No. 128342
[X] Give Patchouli the book Marisa took from her and we took from Marisa.
then
[x] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.

We can work this. Returning what was once taken and building from there is our best choice to gain access to the Library and the knowledge of its keeper.
>> No. 128345
[x] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.

Also, did we ever get that knife back we threw at Sakuya?

>>128340
Does the MC even know Marisa borrowed the book from Patchy?
>> No. 128346
>>128345
No, he does not.

Keine noted that it wasn't Marisa's spellbook, however.

[x] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out
>> No. 128347
[x] “Problem, Sakuya?”

Can't resist.
>> No. 128351
[x] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.
>> No. 128367
[x] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.

>“Problem, Sakuya?”
ahaha.wav
>> No. 128369
>>128346
>>128345
Changing my Flandre vote to:
[X] Request magical opinion on liberated magical tome
[X]Offer to return it if by fortuitous chance it belongs to her
>> No. 128370
[x] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.
>> No. 128372
[x] “Problem, Sakuya?”
This option is screaming at me.

[X] Give Patchouli the book Marisa took from her and we took from Marisa.
then
[x] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.
Wagoning etc
>> No. 128373
[X] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.

[X] Let’s ask Meiling about herself. She’s friendly, fairly outgoing... she doesn’t seem to fit in here, somehow.
>> No. 128377
[x] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.
>> No. 128379
[x] Let’s talk to Flandre. There seems to be tension between the sisters- we might be able to use that.
[x] Let’s ask Meiling about herself. She’s friendly, fairly outgoing... she doesn’t seem to fit in here, somehow.

If possible, I think chatting with Flan is a good way of getting Patchy's attention.
>> No. 128380
[x] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.
>> No. 128381
[x] Dude, Put on your cool face
Anyway, for real
[x] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.

Invention exchange time with Patchouli beckons.
>> No. 128382
[X] Let’s talk to Flandre. There seems to be tension between the sisters- we might be able to use that.

We still need to throw Remilia off her game for that "poor companions" crack.
>> No. 128392
[X] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.

So far, it seems as though Remilia and her group seems to be unimpressed. If nothing else, we should at least show them that we are competent in our field. We are a Wizard damnit, disrespect is meant to be given towards others.

We should be careful to not tip our hand too much though.
>> No. 128396
[X] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.
>> No. 128405
[X] Let’s talk to Flandre. There seems to be tension between the sisters- we might be able to use that.
>> No. 128421
[X] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.
>> No. 128479
Thinking ahead but if patchy dosn't allow us to read or borrow books, we can use the story of our little "incident" with marisa to get on her good side. this of course, depends on how Demetrious characterises Patcholi though.
>> No. 128483
>>128479
Unless he glosses over pretty much all the details, I think she would interpret it as "this person is dangerously unstable when it comes to books. Do NOT let him near the library."
He explosively remodeled Marisa's house over what turned out to be, partly at least, a misunderstanding.
>> No. 128486
>>128479
>>128483
There are too many variables to even begin worrying about this. Not only is there the giant issue of Patchy's characterization, but there are other factors in addition.

Consider; we impress Remilia so much that she orders Patchy to show us around and let us have free reign on the library. One of many possibilities that would allow us to get books. There are simply too many ways this could turn out to begin speculation.
>> No. 128494
goddammit why are all of the choices awesome? I want "Problem, Sakuya?" SO BAD but we're trying to play it cool and chill and ice and various other metaphors for staying frosty. But Meiling is viable, Flanflan is my world, and Patchumama deserves time with Wiznon too.

That all said - we have a magic book. We have a witch - confirmed by Remi to be her -tutor- ffs - who we suspect likes books right in front of us. 2+2=HAREM EXPANDS BY ONE. We need to get our groove on with Patchu, and maybe spend some time with Flan. It's too early to gauge her overall characterization, but if what we've seen so far is anything to go by, she might appreciate the conversation too. She might also keep treating us like "just a human' too, but we won't know until we try dammit. Also, flan-harem. Just saying.

We DEFINITELY need to spend more time with Meiling later, but I almost worry that paying TOO much attention to her during dinner might piss off Sakuya or Remi, since neither of them seem to be very pleasant people so far, and both seem pretty not-fond of her. So that should probably go on the to-do list.

[X] Let’s talk to Flandre. There seems to be tension between the sisters- we might be able to use that.
[X] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.
>> No. 128497
>>128483
I kinda meant along the lines of bend the story to your benefit but that is a good point. Still only if what i said in the last post comes to that we should try it.
>> No. 128498
>>128494
Addendum to my last post: PROBABLY not a good time to mention that we beat the stuffing out of Marisa and trashed her house in retrieving our books. If we can play it off as "oh hey I happened to come across a book, wanted to compare notes with you on it," or (maybe) hint about our books, we might be able to really get Patchu's attention. Admitting that we beat Marisa's ass in front of flanflan though... yeah that might not go over well.
>> No. 128500
[X] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.

Mention how unusual it is that the a place like this lacks even the most basic wards.
>> No. 128502
[x] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.

Might be nice to talk to an SDM resident who uses INT instead of CHA.
>> No. 128505
>>128498 I didn't mean at the table i meant in the libary! my bad for not being clear enough.
>> No. 128543
hm... just as a point of note, Flandre's wings didn't catch Wizardanon's attention? I know that Remilia's are apparently somewhat subdued (at the moment anyway) but Flandre's should be rather obvious with how she was running around and their very nature.
>> No. 128545
and apparently there now needs to be a new thread. This one has reached the limit.
>> No. 128547
>>128543

I've actually decided that Flans wings are hideable-as-needed, much like Aya's- in fact I'm thinking that they only come "out" when she's launching danmaku attacks or something.

Because if the MC saw those wings, there is no way I could be true to the character and still avoid him either 1. screaming as his mind shatters, or 2. flying into a frothing, homicidal rage at the sheer wrongness of it.

Also, I've reached a decision on the character sheet thing- I'll post stats, saves, and a limited feats list. Even if anon isn't paying attention to what I've written into 'canon' already, I am, so I'll at least list feats already established or strongly hinted at.
>> No. 128550
>>128547
>1. screaming as his mind shatters

huh. and here I would have thought he'd have a better will save for that to happen.
>> No. 128554
[X] Business first. We’re here for the library, and the resident witch hasn’t so much as looked at us twice. Let’s try and draw her out.

[X] Ask Patchouli what kind of magic she specializes in. Evocation, Transmutation, Scrying... Just to find out if she was the one earlier.
>> No. 128567
>>128498
"So I noted a lot of people attack first and apologise later. This witch stole my spellbook and then a crazy priestess person tried to beat me up. But when I went and talked to them the shrine maiden was okay about it and the witch said sorry and gave back my spellbook. I even got this arcane tome out of it. Can't read it, though."
>> No. 128568
>>128547
>>1. screaming as his mind shatters, or 2. flying into a frothing, homicidal rage at the sheer wrongness of it.

He's a wizard. Surely he's seen nutty people who've done even worse than taking some colored crystal, strapping them to an Iron frame, then strapping the frame to their back.

It shoulden't even phase him that badly. Suprise, yes, but not as badly as you say.
>> No. 128576
>>128392
>So far, it seems as though Remilia and her group seems to be unimpressed. If nothing else, we should at least show them that we are competent in our field.

Overimpressing someone who might fuck with your fate is good idea if you want to stick around the Scarlet Devil Mansion forever. Minus of course the ones who aren't that impressive, like your wife were-hakutaku and your daughter fairy.

You were invited to dinner. You don't have anything more to prove here than they do. That she brought out Flandre shows already that Remilia is trying as hard as you here if not harder, which means you'd already made a pretty solid impression to begin with.

>>128547
>Also, I've reached a decision on the character sheet thing- I'll post stats, saves, and a limited feats list. Even if anon isn't paying attention to what I've written into 'canon' already, I am, so I'll at least list feats already established or strongly hinted at.

Do it. I'll take any stats you've got.
>> No. 128623
>>128547
Waiting for update.
>> No. 128661
>>128576
Wizanon knows Mordenkainen's Disjunction, doesn't he? It'd be easy enough to remove his magic items from the area of effect and then cast it on himself to remove the fate-changing magic.

That's assuming a simple Greater Dispel Magic doesn't work, of course.
>> No. 128664
>>128661
Isn't Fate manipulation more in the weight category of a Wish? I mean, it is pretty heavy duty stuff in D&D to change Fate, so stopping said Fate manipulation is bound to be equally hard.
>> No. 128668
>>128664
alternatively, add Remi to harem
>> No. 128680
>>128668
Words of wisdom! Why worry about having your fate manipulated when you can just send it all to hell and pick fate's side
>> No. 128685
>>128661
>Wizanon knows Mordenkainen's Disjunction, doesn't he? It'd be easy enough to remove his magic items from the area of effect and then cast it on himself to remove the fate-changing magic.

Unless he's proscribed from doing so because she's already fixed his fate otherwise. She hits him with a Wish-channeled Geas, he might never even know it.

Should have cast Mind Blank beforehand. Works for 24 hours.
>> No. 128687
>>128685
> 24 hours
Actually, since we seem to have prepared that anyway, why didn't we cast it yet? Seems like a pretty safe thing to do, as long as we have no reason to expect being up for more than 24 hours without a chance to prepare our spells again.
>> No. 128689
>>128668
>>128680
Why a harem? More then that, why a demonic bloodsucking parasite?
>> No. 128690
Okay. Now I'm getting somewhat worried about the status of this story.

Demetrious? Get to work, ye lazy bastard.
>> No. 128692
>>128689
Thank you; someone else with sense is here. All we need for romance is Keine. Only someone foolish would dare mess up a good thing for something unknown.
>> No. 128693
>>128692
Thank you, good sir. I appreciate your good sense as well.
>> No. 128694
>>128692
>All we need for romance is Keine.
You seem to have misspelled Cirno there. Rest assured though, I have your back.
>> No. 128701
>>128694
That's a non-romantic love, son. Do the words "beloved tomboyish daughter" mean nothing?
>> No. 128702
everyone's loli for cirno
>> No. 128704
>>128702
Not everyone. I love that tomboyish daughter Cirno. It's a ... refreshing change from traditional interpretations of her.
>> No. 128711
>>128690
The man is probably busy, be patient. His updating is light-speed compared to other authors.
>> No. 128713
>>128685
>>128687

Er, guys. Some of the stuff about casting Great Dispel Magic and such is plausible, but only AFTER our wizard here finds a good reason to use it on himself, namely dicovering Remilia has an influence over fate. Casting something like Mind Blank beforehand without any good reason? Yeah, that's a bit to meta for me
>> No. 128722
>>128711
I know. Patience is the mother of all virtue. It's annoying however.
>> No. 128723
Remilia already has a family. She doesn't need us or ours. In fact she just went to rather extravagant lengths to prove this to us. We can't know what normal SDM life is, but Flandre is present (and apparently on best behavior; not being used as intimidation), Patchouli would probably otherwise take meals in her study, and even the servants, Sakuya and Meiling have settings, when there is certainly a dedicated servants' dining room for the fairies.

If it was like a private dinner, without bringing her entire crew to the table, then yes I would say this whole exercise is a product of simple caprice and boredom. But it isn't. See, she's trying to impress us too. Her lack of apparent emotional investment might not disappointment over what we've presented but attempted poise and concern over her own performance and that of her family. She might be a manipulative bitch with overqualified help, but there doesn't necessarily have to be any malice behind that.

It feels more like a family trying to ingratiate themselves with the new neighbors, and I think as she sees the rapport between the Wizard and Keine & Cirno, this metaphor will make more sense.

Or maybe assuming benevolence is easier than dealing with the idea of Scarlet Experience Requiem hanging over your fucking head?

>>128689
>Why a harem? More then that, why a devilish bloodsucking parasite?

Correction. Always lawful evil.

The question still stands.

>>128713
>Casting something like Mind Blank beforehand without any good reason? Yeah, that's a bit to meta for me

He knows Remilia that can fuck with Fate. More importantly, he already prepared the spell. One of his very few 8th level spell slots. He did it for a reason, even if it wasn't this. Nice thing about Mind Blank is that it doesn't discriminate.
>> No. 128730
>>128723
> He knows Remilia that can fuck with Fate.
When was he told? I can't seem to find the post.

In any case, he knows somebody was scrying him, and if he doesn't use the spell it'll go to waste, unless he needs it much later without another chance to prepare a replacement.
>> No. 128731
>>128723
I thank you, good sir. Proper terminology is always important to accurately carry our meaning.
>> No. 128734
>>128713
>Casting something like Mind Blank beforehand without any good reason? Yeah, that's a bit to meta for me
It lasts 24 hours. There is no reason whatsoever that an even-slightly paranoid & experienced wizard would NOT cast it. It is just that damn handy.
>tl;dr Using Mind Blank ain't meta at all
>> No. 128754
>>128713
>Casting something like Mind Blank beforehand without any good reason? Yeah, that's a bit to meta for me
Son, Wizardnon has like 23 Int and is 17th level. You don't survive at or before 17th level as a Wizard without a healthy amount of preparation and caution. Leaving Mind Blank on 24/7 isn't metagaming at all, unless you consider metagaming being as intelligent as his Int dictates.
>> No. 128764
Level 17 wizard. His second name is "Justified", and his third name is "Paranoia".

And even then, it's not paranoia if you -know- there are people/creatures/horriblethingsfrombeyond out to get you.
>> No. 128909
[X] Let’s talk to Flandre. There seems to be tension between the sisters- we might be able to use that.
[X] “Problem, Sakuya?”
[X] Business first.


Oooohoohoohoohoo.
>> No. 128912
>>128909
Bit late to the party, aren't ya?

>>128755
>>128755