-  [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 63297)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM, WEBP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 148382079355.jpg - (541.29KB , 1500x750 , Unknown Family.jpg ) [iqdb]
63297 No. 63297
You are:

[] Carmine Scarlet

[] Other

And yesterday you’ve learnt that you still have family.

Today and the last day you’ve spent packing up anything you could reasonably bring and preparing yourself to meet the sisters you thought you’d never meet.

Sitting at your laptop you quickly turn on the camera and take a look at yourself, you’ve lived for-

Choose your age: 340-140

Years and you look like a young

[] Boy

[] Girl

Of

Choose apparent age: 11-15

Years. That’s what happens when you're a vampire you guess, though you only have yourself as a reference. You brush your-

[] Blonde

[] Pale lavender

Hair into place. When you’re done with that you bring out your

[] two pairs of thin and crystalline

[] see through and bat-like

[] muscular and multi-flapped

[] other

Wings and begin to groom them as well, you’ve never shown them off before, but you’ve always been proud of them. Satisfied with the result you grab your

[] Whatever silly hat you want befitting a Touhou

And step out of your hotel ready to

[] Meet Yukari Yakumo, the mysterious lady who told you about your sisters

[] Head to japan, and find the gateway to “Gensokyo”

==================================

Welcome readers, to a little CYOA I thought up and wrote down. It’s my first time in the driver’s seat so I’m obligated to tell you I have no idea what I’m doing. Any input is appreciated as well as participation. I hope I have what it takes to keep an active reader-base here.

At any rate standard rules for CYOAs apply, write-ins are encouraged, vote combining is fine, discussion motivates me. you know, all that stuff.

Oh, by the way would you prefer English or Japanese honorifics? I'll be using english for the first part at least because you're not yet in japanese lands, but if you have a preference please let me know.
Expand all images
>> No. 63298
why
>> No. 63299
File 148382318876.png - (228.91KB , 650x1000 , Have you tried this thing called 'lurking&#03.png ) [iqdb]
63299
>> No. 63300
[x] You are: Genevieve Liliac, a bastard child quietly acknowledged by your father
[x] Age: 200
[x] You are a: Girl
[x] Apparent age: 15
[x] Hair: Blonde
[x] Small, almost sickly-looking bat-like wings
[x] No hat, since they were never to your taste, but you do look damned good with violet ribbons

[x] You're heading to Japan. Your dear 'sister' was apparently a big fan of the Orient.

Don't mind me poking in with unnecessary thoughts and asides.

Re: Japanese honourifics, this site's overall opinion is against them by default. If you have to lean on any sort of honourifics, just find a good approximation in English. Otherwise, you probably don't need them anyway.
>> No. 63301
[X] Carmine Scarlet
340
[X] Girl
13
[X] Pale lavender
[X] Embarrasingly short
[X] Ushanka
[X] Head to japan, and find the gateway to “Gensokyo”

I don't know if this is some kind of IRC joke but I'll take you at face value and participate. Do your best if you're truly new at this and don't let others break your spirit.
>> No. 63302
>>63298
What do you mean specifically when you say "why"?

if you're asking as to why I'm doing this, there isn't much more of a reason than "I want to and saw no reason not to"

>>63299
I have lurked for a long time now, perhaps not as much as some people, but long enough to feel that I have a solid understanding on how this site works. Frankly, while I understand why people lurk, I have to counter that by noting that without proper posters a site will lose it's activity, and cause a decline in user participation. If you have a concise reason as to why you are displaying such negativity to me please respond to me as such and I will consider your opinion.
>> No. 63303
>>63300
Backstory will be determined next post, sorry, this post is mostly appearance
>> No. 63304
[X] Carmine Scarlet
[X] Age: 284 years
[X] Girl
[X] Pale lavender
[X] see through and bat-like
[X] Sun hat
[X] Head to japan, and find the gateway to “Gensokyo”

I like to give every new story a chance. I wonder where you'll take it.
>> No. 63305
>>63302
People have to lurk so that cases like you don't happen. This isn't FF.net or anonkun, people here have standards.
>> No. 63306
>>63305
Then perhaps you can tell me a good approximation of the standards, or show me a story that qualifies as a benchmark that my story can be measured against?

Or give me a simple list of DO's and DON'Ts? As I said, input is appreciated
>> No. 63307
>>63306
Read the fucking archive. If a story has loads of threads and loads of votes it's probably done something right. I'm not gonna write a 1000-word essay on why you're a faggot and your shit's retarded, but if you can't lurk properly you probably shouldn't post.
>> No. 63308
>>63306
Just contribute to activity on the site. As long as you're not churning out forum-game-tier nonsense and are open to change, you can become a decent writer. Whether or not you do depends on your dedication.

Some people around here are never happy. Don't engage them when they get shitty and you'll survive longer.
>> No. 63309
>>63307
Well if this is the attitude people take to a new story, I'm not at all surprised this site is practically dead and otherwise irrelevant.
>> No. 63310
Ignore the people who are blindly hating. Read >>/gensokyo/6052 if you haven't since I think that's the most up-to-date 'site culture' type post.

As for actual direct criticism: You probably should have started the thread with a meatier post with actual descriptions or background. Or a more compelling hook at least. A somewhat imperfect analogy is that RPGs usually have a prologue or introduction before you actually get to character creation. I'll reserve judgment on everything else without first seeing actual exposition and prose.

There's a niche for most styles of stories on the site though, so following others too closely isn't necessarily the way forward. Still, keep an open mind and don't be afraid of reassessing things.
>> No. 63311
>>63309
He wrote an email in the email field and then claimed that he lurked for a long time. Why would you even consider not bullying for this alone is beyond me.
>> No. 63312
>>63310
Seconding the criticism here. It's hard to take a story like this seriously when we're thrown straight into "make the character". What's the context? Why should we care? Very brief lines in between choices don't really fulfill that function. It gives a certain image of--and forgive me for making unfounded assumptions here, but--not having much of a concept in mind, which doesn't inspire confidence in the story's ability to continue.

Anyway, what's done is done. Keep going, make more mistakes, and learn from them.
>> No. 63313
>>63310
>>63312
Ah. Thanks for the tip, I was trying to give the readers liberty to do as they thought would be good, but I guess I didn't balance it out enough with proper story telling. I'll keep that in mind.
>> No. 63314
Yall niggas need Jesus. How the fuck does putting your email in the email field hold any significance whatsoever? Other than MUH OLDFAGS club.

Also,
>boy/girl the only options

Fucking triggered.

[X] Trap
[X] 16
[X] Baby Blue
[X] Tendrils that change color occasionally, they seem to prefer pink over other colors.
[X] There's no police around you fucking faggot, go without a hat.
[X] Call your butler and tell him to wake the fuck up, the plane leaves in 40 minutes.

Sup dawg, heard you liked write-ins.
>> No. 63315
File 148389383654.gif - (431.50KB , 342x342 , have this happy flan.gif ) [iqdb]
63315
[x] Carmine Scarlet
[x] 140 years
[x] Girl
[x] Looks 15
[x] Blonde
[x] See-through and bat-like
[x] Sun hat

[x] Head to japan, and find the gateway to “Gensokyo”

I don't have much advice aside from what others have already said. Welcome to the site! Power through the haters and show us your true potential!
>> No. 63316
[x] Carmine Scarlet
[x] 340 years
[x] Girl
[x] Looks 15
[x] Blonde
[x] See-through and bat-like
[x] Sun hat
[x] Head to japan, and find the gateway to “Gensokyo”

This will do. I look forward to where you will take this.
>> No. 63317
>>63314
Sure. I'm down for this particular brand of nonsense.

[X] Trap
[X] 16
[X] Baby Blue
[X] Tendrils that change color occasionally, they seem to prefer pink over other colors.
[X] There's no police around you fucking faggot, go without a hat.
[X] Call your butler and tell him to wake the fuck up, the plane leaves in 40 minutes.
>> No. 63318
[x] Carmine Scarlet
[x] 140 years
[x] Girl
[x] Looks 15
[x] Blonde
[x] See-through and bat-like
[x] Sun hat
And...
[X] Head to japan, and find the gateway to “Gensokyo”

Fuck it, let's see where this goes.
>> No. 63319
File 14839938686.jpg - (86.96KB , 850x850 , Eye spy~.jpg ) [iqdb]
63319
Flipped a coin for age. Let’s get this show on the road!

[x] Carmine Scarlet
[x] 340 years
[x] Girl
[x] Looks 15
[x] Blonde
[x] See-through and bat-like
[x] Sun hat
[X] Head to japan, and find the gateway to “Gensokyo”

Fun fact, Carmine is traditionally an italian masculine name. As far as I’m concerned it makes for a good unisex name.

===================================

You nod to yourself, glad that today is a cloudy day. The sun would be irritating to deal with and you need to be in japan by night. While making your way towards the nearest airport, you take a break at a local cafe. Taking a drink from your cup you take the time to think about your current circumstances for the first time since you heard about your sisters’ whereabouts.

You are a vampire, a supernatural creature of the night, and recently, sibling to two. Your parents, they died, a long time ago, rather, they were dead since you were born, strange as it is.

[] You’re creation was your parents’ last action in the world, an act of magic and miracles

[] You were raised by your parents, in their last days.
-[] your mother was pregnant at the time your parents and siblings were torn apart.
-[] your parents conceived you after they and your siblings were torn apart.

[] Other

But they lived long enough to birth you. And lived long enough to give you an impression of familial love. So you wandered, hoping to find that feeling again, and suffered when you learned of the curse of longevity. Nowadays you wander from place to place, perhaps you were resigned to being the last of your kind, you didn’t find too much in the way of the supernatural in your travels, and certainly not anything on your level, until you met her.

A woman in a well fitting purple dress, she called herself Yukari Yakumo. The grip on your cup falters as you recall the meeting with her. Power rolled off her as she sat there observing you like a chihuahua, a little dog putting up a brave front against something it couldn’t possibly overcome. You tried to avoid her, only to encounter her at every turn, you hoped it was merely a coincidence, after all the supernatural draws itself to the supernatural. That theory went straight out the window when she walked up to you and initiated conversation.

You sat there, careful to not anger something that could easily end your life. She called herself a “Youkai”, a demon of japanese origin, she called herself powerful, you weren't going to refute that. She acted with grace, confidence, who could blame her? She talked about gensokyo, about magic, things that you knew existed but could almost never find. She talked about the benefits of going there, sounding an awful lot like a cheesy sales pitch, perhaps she was playing around with you. She left the decision to go there to you, something like that, you didn’t know what to think. Then, she talked about your sisters.

Remilia and Flandre Scarlet, she called them. Remilia, the elder and head of the household, and Flandre, the younger and an incredible powerhouse. A family with french roots, a transylvanian origin and a history with weapons of Norse legend.

[] You too, had access to such a weapon
(Please specify which item from Norse mythos)

[] You did not have one.

They lived in Gensokyo she told you. She watched as you sat there, trying to sort out all that info. She told you how to contact her, you told her you would find a way yourself. She left amused, you stayed, shocked, terrified.

So here you are, lead essentially into what could be a trap just for a chance to meet two strangers who share your parents. You didn’t know you were so desperate for the idea of family. Well, it isn’t just desperation, you guess. Finishing your drink you leave the cafe. Reaching into your pocket you pull out a letter. Your mother's handwriting etched into memory, -to my dearest daughters- it said. You never opened it, and you plan to see it delivered properly.

Arriving at the airport you talk to the receptionist and soon find yourself on a plane heading to japan. It took a while with your young appearance but you managed. Going through customs they checked your stuff. All you have is supplies for the trip, some electronics, a letter, some keepsakes and:

[] Your Mother’s power, events that were definitely going to happen would happen when she decided it to.

[] Your Father’s power, he could drain and maintain any amount of energy.

[] The ability to define concepts, a powerful ability you don’t truly understand.

[] Other

Not that you’re telling them about that. You yawn. The event’s of the last two days catch up with you and you fall asleep in your seat.

-------------------------------------------------------------

You wake up with a start, someone was nice enough to wake you up when the plane landed. Mumbling your thanks you stand up to stretch. A card fell on the floor off your lap, curious you pick it up and read the writing.

“To the Youngest Scarlet-
On this card I have provided you information that will prove vital to your search, it is my hope that this gift will be properly appreciated.

Y.Y.”


You freeze, looking around frantically you find no trace of the powerful being that seems to have taken an honestly scary interest in you. Disturbed as you are you continue to read and note internally that the writing is in japanese. Finished reading you throw out the card as soon as you have the chance. At least you have some leads now.

[] There was a shrine associated with the Suwa shrine that disappeared completely some time ago.

[] There’s a shrine where people occasionally come from, despite nobody ever being seen going there.

[] A neighborhood has had an increased showing of urban supernatural events.

[] Just wander around. The supernatural draws the supernatural so you’re bound to find something.

===================================

Meeting with Yukari would have instantly gotten you in Gensokyo. The place you would have landed in would be a non-outside world accessible place.
>> No. 63320
[X] You’re creation was your parents’ last action in the world, an act of magic and miracles
[X] You did not have one.
[X] Your Mother’s power, events that were definitely going to happen would happen when she decided it to.
[X] There’s a shrine where people occasionally come from, despite nobody ever being seen going there.
>> No. 63321
[X] You’re creation was your parents’ last action in the world, an act of magic and miracles
[X] Svalinn
[X] Your Father’s power, he could drain and maintain any amount of energy.
[X] There’s a shrine where people occasionally come from, despite nobody ever being seen going there.
>> No. 63323
[x] You were raised by your parents in their last days.
-[x] Your parents conceived you after they and your siblings were torn apart.
[x] You did not have one.
[x] Zeno's paradox of Achilles and the tortoise.
[x] A neighborhood has had an increased showing of urban supernatural events.

Sure.
>> No. 63324
>>63322
>>63323
That seems to be a distance thing, Komachi has that ability and more. It seems a bit of a limited ability as well. I'll use it if it wins, but I don't know if I'll be able to do much with it.
>> No. 63325
[X] You’re creation was your parents’ last action in the world, an act of magic and miracles
[X] You did not have one.
[X] Your Mother’s power, events that were definitely going to happen would happen when she decided it to.
[X] There’s a shrine where people occasionally come from, despite nobody ever being seen going there.
>> No. 63326
[x] You were raised by your parents in their last days.
-[x] Your parents conceived you after they and your siblings were torn apart.
[x] Ichaival
[x] The ability to define concepts, a powerful ability you don’t truly understand.
[x] Just wander around. The supernatural draws the supernatural so you’re bound to find something.

According to my basic research, Ichaival is a norse bow that fires ten arrows for every one fired. Literally perfect for danmaku as far as I'm concerned.

Apparently it's also possessed by Odin, so we could count on having an old viking god snark every now and then.

Also OP, you should consider putting all the voting options at the bottom of the post. It tends to disrupt the flow of the story otherwise.
>> No. 63327
>>63326
I'm torn between having the votes interrupt the narrative and giving good lead-ins to the votes, well at any rate, after the next story piece we should be done with the "prologue" of this story, then we'll be in gensokyo and all this multi-voting should be over.

Honestly I was expecting voters to make a grab at the most powerful or well-known weapon they can find Mjolnir. That voters would choose to not have one at all was a surprise, not an unpleasant one though.
>> No. 63328
>>63323 here.

Changing my power vote to [x] The ability to define concepts, a powerful ability you don’t truly understand.
>> No. 63329
>>63327
That makes sense. I just figured I'd give some advice is all.

And to be frank getting Mjolnir never even occurred to me. I think my choice is much more interesting though.
>> No. 63330
I just wanted Svalinn because it has potential for a vampire, with it being the "shield that blocks the sun", didnt even think of the hammer either.
>> No. 63331
Gonna keep the vote open until I can get a tie-breaker for the ability.
>> No. 63332
[X] You’re creation was your parents’ last action in the world, an act of magic and miracles
[X] You did not have one.
[x] The ability to define concepts, a powerful ability you don’t truly understand.
[X] There’s a shrine where people occasionally come from, despite nobody ever being seen going there.
>> No. 63333
[x] The ability to define concepts, a powerful ability you don’t truly understand.
>> No. 63334
[X] You’re creation was your parents’ last action in the world, an act of magic and miracles
[x] Ichaival
[x] The ability to define concepts, a powerful ability you don’t truly understand.
[X] There’s a shrine where people occasionally come from, despite nobody ever being seen going there.
>> No. 63335
Gensokyo is go!

[X] You’re creation was your parents’ last action in the world, an act of magic and miracles
[X] You did not have one.
[X] The ability to define concepts, a powerful ability you don’t truly understand.
[X] There’s a shrine where people occasionally come from, despite nobody ever being seen going there.

===========================================

You decide to head for the shrine that spits out people, a place that does that with any sort of regularity has got to have an active portal or something. You exchange your money for japanese yen and hail down a cab.

-------------------------------------------

“Well, ‘ere we are” the cab driver put his feet on the brakes. You step out and stretch again, glad you wont have to deal with any more transportation, for all it’s convenience, you just liked walking -as well as flying- better.

“You sure you’ll be okay ‘ere? It’s not a bad place, hell I came from ‘ere, my pop still lives ‘ere, but it’s no place for a young’n like you to stay.”

Caught off guard, you think about the response, you aren't very used to talking to people, so you decided to respond with the truth.

“Ah, I’m just here to visit the nearby shrines, like the one that they say people come from”

The cab driver brought his hand to his stubbled chin thinking, “You mean the old abandoned one? Wouldn’t go there, if I were you, anythin’ dealin’ with the occult is bad news.”

You reassure him that you'll be fine, and press him for information, reluctantly he give you directions to the “hakurei shrine”.

The journey to the shrine was uneventful, you took the time to buy things you thought might be useful, an Encyclopedia on Youkai and Other Japanese Folklore, the shop owner praised it for the index, as well as A History and Study into Japanese Religion and some gear for the road. In little time, and some flying, you were standing at the steps to the shrine, seeing no reason to stall, you quickly fly up the stairs

The shrine, you decided was strange, it felt strange, and looked strange. It was covered in dust, and the weeds were overgrown, but the shrine itself, despite it clearly not being cared for in a while, showed no sign of damage, only sheets of dust if you looked on the inside. The air felt magic, despite the fact that you knew that there's no magic here. Well, if gensokyo is really a pocket dimension, then the proof of it would be right here, but now that you're here, what now?

[] Force magic into the atmosphere.

[] Keep looking around.

[] Might as well give a donation.

[] Call for someone.

[] ...Call for Yukari.

===========================================

Sorry for the wait, real life happened.
>> No. 63336
[X] Keep looking around.
>> No. 63337
[x] Call out for Yukari
>> No. 63338
[x] Might as well give a donation.
>> No. 63339
[x] Donate to the shrine.
>> No. 63340
[x] Might as well give a donation.
>> No. 63341
[] Might as well give a donation
>> No. 63342
File 148531232627.jpg - (1.08MB , 1600x1200 , nights and urban legends.jpg ) [iqdb]
63342
Seeing nothing better to do you might as well give a donation.

You wouldn’t call yourself religious on account of being a vampire, but the supernatural brings the supernatural, and you would rather lose some money than risk being smited or cursed or exorcised, if that can even happen.

You drop a 500 yen coin in the old donation box, you pause, trying to recall the proper way to pray in japan. Right, it’s bow twice, clap twice, pray, and bow. You ring the bell.

Bow

Bow

Clap Clap

“...may I please find my family?”



Bow

You stand there in that position, bowing for about a minute, you don’t really know what you were expecting, a fanfare of trumpets? A whisper in the wind proving that you failed? You don’t know, so you continue standing there.

“Hey.”

You raise your head. There wasn’t anybody here earlier, you realize, causing you to bolt upright.

In front of you is a young girl with black hair wearing miko clothes, or, it should be miko clothes, but the pants are a skirt, and there are detached sleeves.

“Hey.” she calls for you again, “What are you doing here? It’s dangerous at night.”

Looking at her face you see a bit of worry mixed with a lot of annoyance. Probably because it’s night time, when humans sleep. And someone just rang a loud bell.

[] Right, You should apologize

[] Right, You should run

[] Right, You should ask her what she’s doing here

=======

Welcome to gensokyo, It’s nothing fantastic but then again it’s not like you’re paying attention to the scenery right now.
>> No. 63343
[x] Right, you should apologize.
>> No. 63344
[X] Right, You should ask her what she’s doing here
>> No. 63345
[x] Right, You should apologize
>> No. 63346
[x] Right, you should apologize.
>> No. 63347
[X] Apologize
>> No. 63348
[X] Right, You should apologize
>> No. 63366
[X] Right, You should apologize

I'd sage normally, but I won't this time just in case the writer has forgotten about it.
>> No. 64098
Um, wow, so was cleaning out my old laptop and lo and behold I found a bookmark to an old story that I forgot about and I honestly feel pretty bad about it. I cant really apologize enough about the fact that I basically abandoned this story but looking at it I don't want to give up without a word, it's a bit to late but if anyone wants to me continue or reboot the story I'd be happy to do so. If you guys don't want to continue this story that'd be fine too, I just dont want to give up without saying anything.
>> No. 64099
>>64098
I want to see where this story goes, so go and continue/reboot it.
>> No. 64100
>>64098
Continue, I want to see what you have planned.
>> No. 64101
File 155295036158.jpg - (377.31KB , 800x800 , Sitting.jpg ) [iqdb]
64101
“Ah, sorry.”

You bow, honestly confused as to what you’re apologizing for, if you were thinking rationally you could probably come up with a fair amount of excuses but you’re still reeling with the situation in general.

The miko looks over you, an uninterested look on her, “If you want me to send you back you’re going to have to wait.”

You stare at her wondering what she’s talking about before you remember her sudden appearance. You take a glance around her realizing that old the shrine may be, it clearly has had a better level of upkeep than you saw earlier.

Had you done it? Growing constantly aware of the fact that you’ve stayed quiet for quite some time now and that the shrine maiden seems to be getting increasingly annoyed you open your mouth.

“Um, is this Gensokyo?”

The shrine maiden looks at you in slight confusion, before she makes an expression you can’t quite discern.

“Yes it is. Do you know of it?”

“Yes. I was sent here by a lady called Yukari Yakumo.” You clarify.

The shrine maiden for her part doesn’t look confused at all anymore. She mumbles something under her breath before addressing you again, “Fine then. So you're probably someone who’s supposed to be here, if that's the case then at the very least I can point you to where you need to go.” She rubs the back of her head and glances at you.

“Come in” Reimu turns, the passage to the shrine spilling light. You shake your head.

“I couldn’t. If you could just get me directions that would be fine. Oh and you don't have to worry about me, I can deal with the occasional monster.” You add as an afterthought.

“like it or not, I’m not giving you an option, I have a couple of questions, and I’d like your input” she walks inside, turning back to face you.

“Besides, I can’t just leave you out here, strong or not.” she walks in, leaving you standing there, considering your options you really don’t want your first point of contact in this new world to be kept waiting so you walk inside, making sure to take off your shoes, as you heard was tradition in japan.

Despite the lack of furniture the place seems almost, homely, a far cry from the abandoned building you saw before.

She sits down at a table, you sit across from her. She props her elbows on the table intertwining her fingers, her eyes scanning you. You fidget in place, are you supposed to initiate conversation here or-

“I suppose introductions are in order,” thank goodness. “my name is Reimu Hakurei, shrine maiden of the Hakurei shrine and youkai exterminator.” her eyes are unbelievably sharp. You can’t be exorcised right? Because her glare almost seems like its ready to shoot beams or something. “Other than being ‘supernatural’ is there any specific reason you came here?”

“Yes.” you answer, then decide it would be best for you to introduce yourself as well “My name is Carmine, Carmine Scarlet and I’m here looking for my sisters” Oh boy, it doesn’t seem like her eyes were at its maximum setting because they just intensified, is that even possible?

“So you say.” she looks over you once more “None of my business looking into the family tree of those who live here, but as far as I’ve been told the scarlet sisters have only ever had each other”

“Yeah, they wouldn’t know me.” You confirm, hopefully this wouldn’t lead to a fight if she finds your reasons lacking “I was born apart from them.” It’s not a good answer but it’s the best you got unless you want to dig up some private info.

Reimu looks over you, evaluating you? Does she have some sort of spirit vision or something? “Well it's not my business what group appears to ruin someone's day, as long as it doesn't mess with the surrounding area the scarlet devil mansion will sort it out.” she dismisses. Just like that? That was less harrowing an experience that you thought it’d be. And now she’s glaring at you again.

“On that note, I hope you aren't planning on terrorizing the locals, if that happens, I have to get involved, so don't stir the pot. Okay?”

“Okay.” That one’s easy, you didn't plan to eat any civilians, you have enough supplies to last you a while and worst case you could maybe find a wild animal, it wouldn’t be good but it would feed you just fine.

With the interrogation over Reimu turns out to be a much more leisurely person than you were lead to believe. She even offers to lend you a room, “One of the rooms we keep for the occasional freeloader.” she said, you were not sure if that was an insult to yourself, a joke, or in reference to somebody and you’re still not comfortable with asking. At any rate you decide to

[] sleep, the day’s troublesome to deal with but the night's events have caught up with you.

[] go, you’re a bit tired but the night's better than the day.

============================================

Well after a long long time I'm back, Sorry for the wait.
>> No. 64102
[X] go, you’re a bit tired but the night's better than the day.
Night-Time advantage should help on the very first day.
>> No. 64103
[X] go, you’re a bit tired but the night's better than the day.

What could go wrong
>> No. 64104
>>64101
[] go, you’re a bit tired but the night's better than the day.
>> No. 64105
File 155303093723.png - (725.80KB , 1000x1400 , image.png ) [iqdb]
64105
[X] go, you’re a bit tired but the night's better than the day.

<---- I imagine Carmine looks like this.
>> No. 64106
Oh snap I remember this one. I got super tilted that my trap vote didn't win and swore to never vote in anything ever again.

[X] go, you’re a bit tired but the night's better than the day.

I wonder what noble and charitable acts the Scarlet clan has been doing recently.
>> No. 64107
File 155340411763.jpg - (163.75KB , 850x597 , A Tranquil Night Sky.jpg ) [iqdb]
64107
As far as your first interaction in gensokyo went, you got interrogated, but you were also given directions and offered a place to stay the night, so that’s a plus in your book. However, nice as the nap would be the anxious excitement in your body would definitely prevent any rest to be gained, so you need to move around, if only a little bit.

Thanking Reimu for the offer (and the directions) you head out. The moon isn’t full, but it’s gentle light is refreshing, and now that you notice it, the moon, the air, everything around is… stronger, more real in a way you have trouble describing. More than magic, though there is even more of that than around the shrine in the outside world, it seeps into your very being, emboldening it. Is this belief? Though vampires are neither god nor youkai, could something like belief strengthen something like you so?

You shake your head, thinking about it won’t help you in any way, the night will only last so long. You walk towards the stairs, looking down really gives a sense of distance, the shrine is pretty high up, though you have no idea if that's just normal for shrines. Before you start taking the way down, you unfurl your wings, and leap.

Flying is something you enjoy, when you aren't running away from something. Being able to look around from a high point has always proven useful, and in many cases the scenery is breathtaking. It still is.

Despite the darkness of the night, the moon in addition to your night vision lets you take in gensokyo, if not in all its glory, then a respectable portion. Because of the night, the view is lacking in the vibrant colors you would expect from a fantasy land, but the tranquil scene of the moonlight shining upon a quiet valley has its own charm, akin to a charismatic and expressive individual during a rare moment of introspection. You spend some time gazing upon the landscape for a few more moments before diving down, to the bottom of the mountain, no point in going back to the shrine, just to fly down the stairs.

You touch down upon the simple road at the start of the stairs, and start walking. You certainly could fly straight to your destination, but you need the time. You need to destress, and take in all that's happened, as you have ever since Yukari met you. Simple a thing it is, you enjoy walking. You take deep, slow, leisurely breaths. The sound of your footsteps not unlike a metronome, calming in its uniformity. The simple motion using up your anxious energy.

First address your directions. Your view of the area helped you map out your path. Heading out now, you’d make it to the “misty lake” at around afternoon, staying at the village would prevent the need to be in the sun, but you don’t know the villagers policy towards outsiders, and so called “monsters”, besides that you don't think any currency you bought would be of any value here. A tent won’t protect you from monsters. Really, no other options than a straight run towards the goal. Nerve wracking as it is.

Not much of note occurred, barring a point where you saw a floating black orb in the distance, and before long the vision of the village comes up. Strange to say, if it was daytime, you’d feel a little more comfortable walking through, if only because then you’re a known quantity to the locals, but walking through at night might cause rumors, maybe even riots. Well, it might not go that far. It would be faster to just go through, and you do want to take a look at the town though.

[] go through, it's faster and it would be nice to take a quick look-see

[] go around, its longer, but possibly safer

=============================================

I love high-flying scenes, if only I was as good at writing them as I am imagining them, but that's about the truth for most things, isn't it?
>> No. 64108
>staying at the village would prevent the need to be in the sun

Well that's an interesting turn of events. Apparently some vampires don't think the sun be like it is.
>> No. 64109
[x] go through, it's faster and it would be nice to take a quick look-see
>> No. 64117
Well thats enough waiting. I guess I'll start writing then
>> No. 64125
Please try to use less commas and run-on sentences. It's hard to discern each sentences's intent when we have piece them together like a puzzle.

[x] go through, it's faster and it would be nice to take a quick look-see
>> No. 64126
File 155459247086.png - (724.65KB , 1280x720 , Human village under the moon.png ) [iqdb]
64126
You walk through the gates. You’re not sure if there are any watchtowers or anything but you figure if there was a problem with you being here it would be made apparent.

You make your way down the dirt road heading straight. The streets, as expected, are empty at this time of day, letting you to appreciate the architecture of the village. The buildings are old, not as old as some of the buildings you had seen while in the taxi you took to arrive in this land, but the old-style buildings have a certain authenticity to them, perhaps as a result of them being lived in. What catches your eye more are the newer buildings, pristine, but built with the same methods the older ones were, the contrast interested you, the appearance bringing you to olden Japanese times (which, well, you are).

You take notes of a couple of places you might check out when you have the time. Though there were a fair amount of places you found that would be considered useful you also found a fair amount that kindle the tourist spirit in you. A couple restaurants, as well as a store here and there, some of them open even now though you doubt you have the money to go.

Your self guided tour through the main street of the human village is interrupted when you notice a woman in the distance. Considering she’s looking right at you it would probably be in your best interests to at least acknowledge her existence. You take your time getting to her, she’s a while away so you took the time to continue to look around the village until you come close enough that you can talk to her without having to yell. Looking at her you can see that she’s wearing what appears to be a blue dress, with a red ribbon tie, her hair looks to be blue as well but that might just be the moonlight.

“Good evening.” you say, mostly in absence of anything else to say.

The woman doesn't seem to be surprised or anything, but it does take a while for her to speak. “Good evening as well. I haven't seen you around these parts before, for what reason have you come to the human village?” the way she speaks is perfectly courteous, its an innocent enough question but her face is stern, not hostile but probably on guard.

You sigh. Until your presence here is a known thing this will probably be the common response to seeing you. You sure hope not, but it's not like it isn’t understandable. “I’m new here. Right now I’m just passing through because I didn’t want to go around the village. Is that okay?”

She nods at that, it seems she’s relaxed a little bit, though you don’t really have a good read on her “do you mind if I accompany you? What direction did you come from?” she’s looking at your wings, a definite case for you not being human, you considered hiding it but it’s a bit too late for that now. no reason to refuse you suppose, or at least no reason that seems worth refusing. You shake your head and point in the direction you came from. You continue walking down the main street, with the woman following shortly afterwards right behind you. To be completely honest it's kind of unnerving, hearing footsteps behind you even if you know the cause. It’s quite hard to enjoy the scenery with someone breathing behind your back, though it’s only to the village gates. You figure you’ll have to deal with it somehow.

[] Introduce yourself, request she walk beside you instead of behind.

[] Introduce yourself. Ask questions, fill the quiet with noise and gain some info
-[] what questions

[] Bear with it, it won’t take too long to exit the village

=============================================
can't say I'm proud of this piece but it does what it needs to do
>> No. 64127
[x] Introduce yourself, request she walk beside you instead of behind
>> No. 64128
[x] Introduce yourself, request she walk beside you instead of behind.
>> No. 64129
[X] Introduce yourself. Ask questions, fill the quiet with noise and gain some info
-[X] What's the night-life scene like around these parts?
-[X] How do the locals here treat vampires?
-[X] Speaking of, have my two older sisters been behaving?
-[X] What's your name anyway?

Carmine is a bit of a chatterbox.
>> No. 64130
[x] Introduce yourself, request she walk beside you instead of behind.
>> No. 64144
File 155556685747.jpg - (103.63KB , 600x800 , Teacher of the local school.jpg ) [iqdb]
64144
You pass the time as you already were, taking in the sights of the empty village. Or at least you try, at first it was fine but you become increasingly aware of the fact that the woman is following you. You even looked behind you and her eyes were trained squarely on you. Creepy. You have to do something about this situation. Even if you have to get more questions thrown your way that must be better than being stared down like this.

You clear your throat. Her eyes flicker. Probably recognizing that you want to to talk to her, the stern face she was wearing slackens a bit and she tilts her head to look at you face. “Yes?” She says.

“Umm,” you hesitate, you were too eager to fill the awkward silence so you forgot to come up with a topic. What should you say? Hmm, this should be fine, “If you don’t mind, would you please walk beside me? It’s a bit unnerving to have you tail me like this.” Right, nothing wrong with noting your concerns.

She doesn’t seem to think about your request for too long before she nods. “That’s fine.” She says. She walks to your side before she speaks up again, “Sorry about that.” The apology was honestly surprising, you expected her to continue watching you, just in a less unnerving position so the fact that she apologized for that is a point in her favor. You continue walking, the awkwardness dispelled allowing you to move at your leisure once more. However before that you do believe that you owe to your current companion some level of courtesy, lest you remain strangers. You figure an introduction would be fine, your last name may cause some complications considering the shrine maiden, Reimu’s, reaction, but revealing your identity now would more than likely go a ways from removing animosity, at least later down the line.

“I’m Carmine Scarlet by the way” you throw out, not really looking at her.

“Keine Kamishirasawa,” You mentally stumble, that’s a mouthful of a name “Scarlet huh, do you perhaps have something to do with the scarlet devil mansion?”

You nod and turn to her “That's right, do you know them?” you don't elaborate further and instead ask a question in return.

She shakes her head “Not personally, but they are some of the older residents to come to gensokyo so few people don’t know of them.” you nod simply, and turn your head back to the sights of the village, your companion walking in a comfortable silence. Way better than the earlier silence you had to experience. The monotony broken by the occasional input from Keine about the places you’re inspecting. You suspect you’ve obtained a solid rapport with her considering how comfortable she seems with you. You pass by a building, not particularly large but with an flat plot of land beside it, and Keine speaks up “This is a school for the children of the village” she elaborates “I actually teach here”

You nod. It makes sense, Keine gave of the impression of someone who was used to looking after people and the role of a teacher feels fitting for her “What do you teach” you’re not so much curious about the answer but you’ve been enjoying the social activity.

“History, mostly.” she says. You can tell that she’s pretty passionate about her work “I happen to be particularly suited for it, but I do teach some other things, primarily writing and math.” you nod not really knowing how to add to the conversation and eventually you fall back into a comfortable silence.

You reach the village gates on the other side of town. End of the road beginning of another you suppose. You turn to your companion for the short time you've been here “Thanks for the company, miss Kamiiii...shiraka-bleh.” That name is still a mouthful, and now you’ve embarrassed yourself.

Keine chuckles, no doubt because of your fumble, “It’s Kamishirasawa, and just call me Keine, most of the students have trouble pronouncing my surname.” And now you’re being compared to school children. The moment passes and Keine takes on a more serious expression “Are you really thanking me? You know I was keeping an eye on you right?”
You nod “It’s understandable to be suspicious.” You agree “But more importantly, you walked beside me, in a metaphoric sense. The little tour you gave me helped too, so again thank you.” You thank her again, social interaction was never your forte, but the time you’ve spent with Keine reminded you of why you spent so much effort tracking down the supernatural.

Keines face softens, “very well then, I’ll accept your thanks, I wish you well in your travels Carmine”

You smile, “Thanks Keine. Next time I come by the village, I’ll say hello. okay?” you ask. It’s more for courtesy than anything else (you have problems talking giving definitive goodbyes), but you’re not averse to talking to a friendly face.

“I’d be glad if you did.” she accepts. With the two of you having said your goodbyes she heads back towards the village, looking at her you think you can see her yawn, it is late after all. You turn towards the road the flat ground of the village turning to a more rough road heading out. The sky has lightened, its not dawn quite yet but in time the sun will be in the sky.

You take a breath. That was the most social interaction you've had in years. It’s refreshing but also exhausting. You start walking, you’re about halfway to your destination, if you remember correctly, don't want to spend as much time in the sun as you already have to.

=============================================
No vote this time. I originally wanted Keine to ask more questions but the writing went in it's own direction.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x