-  [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return][Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject  (Reply to 54199)
Message
Captcha
File
Password (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM, WEBP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 134371410368.jpg - (111.84KB, 1000x766, Ufufu~.jpg) [iqdb]
54199No. 54199
You are Remilia Scarlet.

And today you are going to murder someone.

So naturally you have to look your best. Which is why you are taking great care with selecting your outfit.

"Which do you think, Sakuya?" You ask, holding first one, then another, in front of your otherwise unclad form.

"They are identical cuts, Mistress." Sakuya replies, and you ignore the very subtle hint of weariness in her tone.

"No, no, not at all. You see. This one has gold buttons, but a rather plain mourning veil. This other, by contrast, has only brass buttons, but the veil is rather intricately done to resemble spiderwebs."

"Of course, Mistress. It is as you say." Sakuya replies, pleasant smile not shifting so much as an iota.

----

[ ] What do you do?
Expand all images
>>No. 54203
File 134371546290.jpg - (513.58KB, 850x666, sample_ebfad4618f769ec0e923d07771d34ee5.jpg) [iqdb]
54203
[X] Black with silver and red trimmings? And go with a fancy veil.
[X] Make sure that Flandre is also getting dressed up... funerals are family affairs, are they not?
>>No. 54204
[x] Spider one. Spiders are cool.

Ooh, ooh, who is she killing? I am excite!
>>No. 54205
[x] Take the veil off the spiderweb one and replace the gold-buttoned veil with it.
Pretty simple puzzle.
>>No. 54207
[x] At a second glance, neither of these are worthy. That finery still hanging within the closet, however...
>>No. 54208
>oh, ooh, who is she killing? I am excite!

I think she's planning on killing that Scarlet Devil impostor.
>>No. 54212
[x] The second one. That veil is really nice.
[X] Make sure that Flandre is also getting dressed up... funerals are family affairs, are they not?

Now this is going to be a fun sidequest.
>>No. 54222
>>54204
>I am excite!
>excite

Seriously?
>>No. 54223
[x] Ask Sakuya to take the veil off the spiderweb one and replace the gold-buttoned veil with it.
>>No. 54224
[x] Ask Sakuya to take the veil off the spiderweb one and replace the gold-buttoned veil with it.
[x] Consider bringing your sister, Funerals are a family affair after all... yet at the same time, it is your Personal Honor that has been in fringed...
>>No. 54225
[x] The second one. That veil is really nice.
[X] Make sure that Flandre is also getting dressed up... funerals are family affairs, are they not?

Oh boy, carnage is inevitable, I can't wait!
>>No. 54226
[x] Take the veil off the spiderweb one and replace the gold-buttoned veil with it.

Also assuming that Remi is going to go kill the scarlet devil imposter.

[x] Consider bringing your sister, Funerals are a family affair after all...
>>No. 54228
[x] Ask Sakuya to take the veil off the spiderweb one and replace the gold-buttoned veil with it.
[x] Consider bringing your sister, Funerals are a family affair after all... yet at the same time, it is your Personal Honor that has been in fringed...

Family bonding is Good. Then again, i wonder if Flandre understands the ability to terrorize and gloat. It wouldn't do for the imposter to die without even knowing why. They need to live to regret their folly after all.
>>No. 54244
[x] The second one. That veil is really nice.

I don't understand the votes for bringing Flandre to a murder. Yeah, Remilia can go outside whenever she wants now and Reimu can't stop her, but that doesn't mean Reimu won't come knocking if she causes a huge ruckus outside. A ruckus like bringing Flandre with her.
>>No. 54246
...the OP is so different from the other threads. Why is that?
>>No. 54248
File 134429844417.jpg - (131.03KB, 850x578, sister dearest.jpg) [iqdb]
54248
Gold buttons or the spiderweb veil. You take a few minutes to consider. The gold buttons give a sense of regality, understated by a simpler veil. A sense of indifference, that it doesn't matter one way or the other if a button might bend if placed under stress, as your desire is to display that you can afford to display such frivolities, whether you choose to or not. The veil, however, grants a subtle sense of authority, when downplayed by the more simple and austere, functional matters.

You see no reason not to have the best of both worlds, however.

"Sakuya. I will require some adjustments be made to these outfits."

"Of course, milady."

You barely have to blink before there is suddenly one outfit and one somewhat mangled pile of cloth in front of you, a very brief look of annoyance on Sakuya's face hinting that this took longer than she had expected.

You patiently hold your arms out, and maneuver yourself into the outfit, with judicious assistance from the head maid. Thoroughly dressed and arranged, you stretch a little, finding your range of mobility acceptable, and withdraw from your quarters.

You move to the basement, where you find your little sister amusing herself by flipping a small vial through the air, spinning end over end as it reaches the height of its arc, only to drop and be plucked out of its path and into her fingers.

You're surprised that she hasn't broken it yet. Then, on second glance, it looks like one of Patchy's, and you're fairly sure she has a number of preventative measures to keep her sample vials from accidental destruction. It's good to see, in any case, that little Flandre is working on controlling her strength. And then she notices you, and you can't inspect the vial any closer, as she's tucked it away somewhere.

"Siiiis~" She calls, eyes flashing with interest. "Did you come to play?"

"We have a funeral to attend." You demur.

Flandre's eyes dim for a moment.

"Someone I like?"

"I don't believe we've met him before." You say, dryly. "But there should be time for brief introductions before the proceedings begin."

Her eyes are blazing with interest, now.

"Where did I leave my umbrella..." She mutters, digging through piles of torn apart and haphazardly mended plush toys, before withdrawing a battered, heavily patched, but still serviceable, though slightly leaky, umbrella.

It will keep the sun off, if not rain, though it is hardly an elegant item. But then, little Flandre has never cared overmuch for social graces. She waves it triumphantly, and it opens up on its own in a dusty 'fwoomph'.

Flandre sneezes, and rubs at her nose.

".... Shall we?" You ask, ascending steps once more.

Sakuya, of course, is holding your own parasol. It would simply be crass to carry it yourself, in Flandre's childish fashion, when you have a perfectly good servant to do the work for you.

You spare a nod for the library assistant and that witch as you pass. Kirisame is straining to muscle a fairly large snake into place over a pot, milking its fangs before cutting off its head with a small knife and wringing all the blood she can out of it.

Intriguing, but none of your concern. You pass through, to the portal and beyond, and make your way out of Patchy's rudimentary tower. Flandre hums thoughtfully at the surroundings, eyes sparking with interest. You have to prod her a bit to make that stop. Even so, the landscape is majestic enough.

It appears that the caretaker, judging by his mop, is having a discussion with the gardener from last time, down near the greenhouses some distance away. You doubt that either of them see you, from here. You hesitate for a moment, uncertain whether to make yourself known somehow, or to simply push on and attend to the more important matter of the day.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>>No. 54253
[x] There will be time enough for pleasantries with the staff on the return trip. Best to head on to our... appointment.
>>No. 54254
[] introductions later, you have a funeral to attend.
>>No. 54255
[x] Eavesdrop.

It is never a bad idea to eavesdrop.
>>No. 54256
[x] Lets leave with some style. Do something simple, flashy, and attention grabbing on your way out but don't actually stop.
>>No. 54258
Who are we planning on murdering? Is it Koakuma again?
>>No. 54259
>>54258
I believe it was the 'Scarlet Devil Imposter'.
>>No. 54263
[x] There will be time enough for pleasantries with the staff on the return trip. Best to head on to our... appointment.
[x] Recall if our ability to resurrect is still in play. Even if we doubt this imposter's abilities being complacent and prideful is stupid and we didn't live this long by being stupid.
[x] Think about Flandre's ability to avoid permanent death.

Hey does Flandre have/know that bat Resurrection thing too? Even if we did lock her up for 500 years she's still our sister.
>>No. 54268
[x] Lets leave with some style. Do something simple, flashy, and attention grabbing on your way out but don't actually stop.

>Who are we planning on murdering? Is it Koakuma again?
We just walked past her.

>Hey does Flandre have/know that bat Resurrection thing too? Even if we did lock her up for 500 years she's still our sister.
I'm pretty sure she locked herself up.
>>No. 54269
[x] There will be time enough for pleasantries with the staff on the return trip. Best to head on to our... appointment.

Funeral are important things. There will be ample time for the rest after we're done 'grieving'.
>>No. 54271
[x] There will be time enough for pleasantries with the staff on the return trip. Best to head on to our... appointment.
>>No. 54275
[x] Lets leave with some style. Do something simple, flashy, and attention grabbing on your way out but don't actually stop.

Urination, oceanic fluctuations of a lunar nature, etc.
>>No. 54276
[x] Lets leave with some style. Do something simple, flashy, and attention grabbing on your way out but don't actually stop.
>>No. 54277
[x] Lets leave with some style. Do something simple, flashy, and attention grabbing on your way out but don't actually stop.
[x] There will be time enough for pleasantries with the staff on the return trip. Best to head on to our... appointment.
[x] Think about Flandre's ability to avoid permanent death.
Probably good to figure out this one sooner then later as it should also give us some clues about how crazy/not crazy this authors Flandre is.
>>No. 54279
File 134439150880.jpg - (165.21KB, 850x600, Sisters at play.jpg) [iqdb]
54279
Well, there's no time to stop and natter with the help, you suppose. But there's no call to forego theatrics, either.

You twitch a hand, and Red Magic erupts to glimmer and flash about the area, eye-catching and flamboyant. It has the desired effect, and you can see them turning heads to get a better look at whatever might be going on.

From that distance, all they should be able to see, squinting, are a few dots where they aren't supposed to be. You smile, toothily.

"Sakuya?" You instruct, leaving the maid to intuit your orders.

The world goes gray.

Then color fades back in, like pieces of a black and white photograph flaking away to reveal a different landscape, in color, beneath it.

You are now in the town square of the village you have come to visit. There is a stately looking, but small, castle on a hill some distance away. The village itself, by contrast, is run down, falling apart, and the stench of pig excrement and goat urine is strong. Flandre doesn't hesitate to voice her displeasure, with a gagging noise. You only wish you could be so free with your displeasure.

Even so, the cobblestone roads show that at least the plebians manage to keep filth out of the streets.

Some bystanders sit up straighter behind ramshackle stalls, a few paltry goods on display, at your appearance. For the most part, however, they withdraw from view, mistrusting of visitors. An infant cries out, and is silenced.

There is an old man set upon a pole. Spikes have been driven through his wrists and ankles and stomach, pinning him in place, but the blood that is present is dried and hardened. He has been here for quite some time, if you aren't mistaken. Care has been taken, though, despite his clear malnutrition, that he not actually starve to death or die of thirst, and measures have been put in place to prevent infection from claiming him.

No, this man is a warning to the public, an object of torment set grandly to keep the minds of the meager populace firmly on the consequences of crossing...

Hm. Well, at least whatever grandstanding impostor has taken up the reins here knows how to make something of a statement. Not that it is a particular deterrent. You needn't worry about such little things as being stabbed in the heart, or cleaved limb from limb. You have already had Sakuya deliver the proper countermeasures to this area.

.... Flandre has nothing to worry about either. She doesn't much care for regrowing herself from a small piece, and instead, whenever possible, uses an alternate method to prevent herself from falling to injuries succumbed.

She uses her power.

It's something of a headache to comprehend, but Flandre is more than capable of 'destroying the injuries she has suffered'. She doesn't seem capable of quite explaining how it works, but you suspect at this point that even if she were to die, it is possible that she could 'destroy the death of Flandre Scarlet'.

You tried once, without Patchy's knowledge, to apply this concept to the magician's illness. It did not work properly, however, and the end result was something of a vast upswing in sickness of all sorts in the local area, while Patchy herself was bedridden more thoroughly, and for a longer period, than usual. The rest of the mansion was not immune from this turn of events.

Until that point, you had not realized that you were still susceptible to any sort of disease, and found yourself intimately re-acquainted with the symptoms of the common cold and flu.

You have not since made any such attempts.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>>No. 54280
[x] To the castle. There's clearly nothing else to see here, which is another reason he shall die. Really, letting his own village stinks and fall apart like that?
>>No. 54281
[] go forth and look for the person who's funeral we are to attend, and think of a way to make the cause... entertaining.
>>No. 54283
[x] Announce your presence. You are not the one who needs to hide, after all, and the mind-games we can play will be fun.
>>No. 54284
[X] Head to the castle. There's no need to give the impostor too much time in which to escape, if they have the wits to even try.
>>No. 54285
[X] Head to the castle. There's no need to give the impostor too much time in which to escape, if they have the wits to even try.
>>No. 54286
Wow, that's some hardy disease if it can withstand Flandre's ability to destroy concepts. Which is pretty awesome and scary all at once. Makes you think why Remilia didn't try writing in Patchouli's fate that she would be completely cured though.

[X] Head to the castle. There's no need to give the impostor too much time in which to escape, if they have the wits to even try.There's clearly nothing else to see here, which is another reason they shall die. Really, letting their own village fall apart like this.
>>No. 54287
" Kirisame is straining to muscle a fairly large snake into place over a pot, milking its fangs before cutting off its head with a small knife and wringing all the blood she can out of it."

I'm picturing Marisa flattening and rolling the snake up like a tube of toothpaste. :D
>>No. 54288
>.... Flandre has nothing to worry about either. She doesn't much care for regrowing herself from a small piece, and instead, whenever possible, uses an alternate method to prevent herself from falling to injuries succumbed.

>She uses her power.

>It's something of a headache to comprehend, but Flandre is more than capable of 'destroying the injuries she has suffered'. She doesn't seem capable of quite explaining how it works, but you suspect at this point that even if she were to die, it is possible that she could 'destroy the death of Flandre Scarlet'.

>You tried once, without Patchy's knowledge, to apply this concept to the magician's illness. It did not work properly, however, and the end result was something of a vast upswing in sickness of all sorts in the local area, while Patchy herself was bedridden more thoroughly, and for a longer period, than usual. The rest of the mansion was not immune from this turn of events.

>Until that point, you had not realized that you were still susceptible to any sort of disease, and found yourself intimately re-acquainted with the symptoms of the common cold and flu.

Holy shit, Flandre has an offshoot of the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, only MORE hax?
>>No. 54289
>>54288
Except, you know, it failled to work and actually made the problem worse. Yeah, 'more hax'
>>No. 54290
[X] Head to the castle. There's no need to give the impostor too much time in which to escape, if they have the wits to even try.

>>54288
Destroying concepts could be lots of fun. Destroy concept of gravity -> every star supernovas at the same time.
>>No. 54291
>>54289

Yeah, why is that anyway? What kind of freakish disease does Patchouli even have. Great now I'm picturing the disease acting like the hulk and medicine/cure's just make the disease hulk up.
>>No. 54292
>>54291
Patchy is secretly The Thing.
>>No. 54293
>>54292
>Patchy is secretly the Blacklight simulacrum of Alex Mercer.

Fixed that for you.
>>No. 54297
Holy cow, that is one crazy disease.

... Huh. Maybe it's not a disease so much as an absence of disease? The way cancer is "too much life"?
>>No. 54298
>>54297

Nah we know it's a disease because Yamame could tell it what to do even if it was to a limited extent. So we know it's a disease, if a really crazy powerful disease.
>>No. 54299
>>54298

Maybe it's a magic disease Patchy got from an experiment? How long has she been sick anyway.
>>No. 54301
>>54293
Maybe we could use magic and Yamame to symbiotize the disease. We house it and obtain "food" for it, and it protects us from anything weird that tries to mess with us on a cellular level like lycanthropy or other diseases that could mess us up. Better safe then sorry after all.
>>No. 54302
Perhaps Patchy accidentally flubbed the "formality" of her turn-into-a-youkai spell and made "being ill" part of her youkai nature?
>>No. 54304
>>54302

Hey that's actually possible. And while the current Patchy might scoff at such a mistake now, especially with all the redundancies she placed on Koa proving she knows her way around a magical ritual. She wasn't always this good and thorough and she probably forgot all about it now.
>>No. 54306
Wasn't it mentioned waaaay back that Patchy was born a Youkai?

Anyway, I love how all this discussion about the illness pops up at a time when we're not actually in control of Patchy.
>>No. 54307
>>54306
She was born a youkai but she learned the spell to "abandon temper", making her effectively immortal, later. I assume that's what they're talking about
>>No. 54308
>>54306

Well before we thought it was just a normal if particularly troublesome disease. But now that we know that it somehow not only dodged Flandre's concept destruction but actually got stronger from it and well.
>>No. 54312
>>54290

There's no indication whatsoever that Flandre's ability to destroy concepts is anywhere near that powerful. So far we've been told that it has been used to destroy one aspect directly related to herself -- her injuries. Remilia suspects that it could be used on another aspect of her own self (her life/death). The one time we've seen it used to affect any concept that isn't directly affecting Flandre and only Flandre it backfired.
>>No. 54313
>>54308
So, now one has to wonder: How did it dodge it? Simply being powerful or magical in a general sense should not protect it from conceptual destruction. I have three ideas that seem somewhat plausible.

The first would be that there are simply multiple diseases, which actually keep each other in check. Flandre successfully managed to destroy one, upsetting the balance of power, with the other diseases battling for dominance and everything getting out of hand. This also could explain why it affected other residents.

The second one is that the disease has its own hax powers. It possibly destroyed its own concept of destruction, or somehow managed to directly subvert Flandre's power. Powering up can then be seen as either a warning or revenge, or a side effect of the disease's use of its power. However, it is not clear why such a powerful disease would be content staying with a single host, and not use its powers for other purposes, such as spreading. This possibility would also indicate a possibility of consciousness in the disease. In this case, looking for a way to communicate with it may be worthwhile.

Thirdly, some other party may have interfered in some way.
>>No. 54314
>>54313

Fouth, there is no real reason. Just writefag bullshit that will never be explained.
>>No. 54325
>>54314

Well, Kahi mentioned elsewhere that many of Patchouli's relatives are also ill.

Might mean that the disease is "genetic", for lack of a better word.
>>No. 54328
>>54313
Gotta agree with 314 here. You're likely overthinking this.
>>No. 54331
How are going to kill the imposter?
Break the door down?
Ring the doorknob and wait patiently?
Have Sakuya just bypass everything with time/space hax right in front of the imposter?
>>No. 54335
>>54331

Situations like this require a personal touch.
>>No. 54339
[x]Find our old mansion
[x]Ring the doorbell and wait patiently?
[x]calmly and elegantly demolish all opposition
>>No. 54343
>>54339
As Remilia Scarlet, why ring the doorbell to your own house? Do you just like the sound of it or something to that effect.

What we should probably do is have Sakuya space-hax us right in front of him if we could. That mansion is our property and we are entitled to enter it at our convenience as opposed to someone elses.
>>No. 54344
How the heck do you lose at anything when you have space/time hax on your side? My guess is Sakuya is going to get knocked unconscious pretty soon.
>>No. 54345
>>54344
No, this is personal, we HAVE TO beat this impostor utterly ourselves so he can know the true power of The Scarlet Devil.
>>No. 54347
Since people seem to be voting on more then whether or not to go to the castle or wander around town a bit, I'd like to add to my previous vote of go find castle.

[Ring doorbell to announce presence, immediately afterwards walk into the old castle like you own the place. This is the scarlet devil castle of course so quite rightfully you do own it.]
>>No. 54351
Smacking down the upstart is all well and good, but is that enough by itself to get our reputation back on track?  We need witnesses to tell the world of our glory.

[x] Demonstrate that you can, on occasion, be merciful.  Find out what the guy on the post did.  If it is not offensive to your sensibilities, have Sakuya free him so he can spread word of your greatness -- possibly encouraged by a hint of charm, if that would help.  If he really is trouble, put him out of his misery instead, in a suitable manner.

[x] Introducing yourself is a bit gauche.  If are any who pass a minimal test of presentability, volunteer a likely villager to escort you to the castle and announce your presence to the imposter.

--[x] If someone objects strongly to your choice, show your generosity by forcing him or her to pick two replacements (that must still pass some minimal standard).

[x] Naturally, keep proper decorum while seeing to your business.  Though, if necessary, a demonstration of authority may be in order...

[x] Don't you have a house call to make? Get to it!

Yeah, we could play it low key and just let a rumor or two spread after the imposter disappears, but would that really be enough for Remilia?
>>No. 54352
[x] Demonstrate that you can, on occasion, be merciful. Find out what the guy on the post did. If it is not offensive to your sensibilities, have Sakuya free him so he can spread word of your greatness -- possibly encouraged by a hint of charm, if that would help. If he really is trouble, put him out of his misery instead, in a suitable manner.

[x] Introducing yourself is a bit gauche. If are any who pass a minimal test of presentability, volunteer a likely villager to escort you to the castle and announce your presence to the imposter.

--[x] If someone objects strongly to your choice, show your generosity by forcing him or her to pick two replacements (that must still pass some minimal standard).

[x] Naturally, keep proper decorum while seeing to your business. Though, if necessary, a demonstration of authority may be in order...

[x] Don't you have a house call to make? Get to it!
>>No. 54353
[x] Demonstrate that you can, on occasion, be merciful. Find out what the guy on the post did. If it is not offensive to your sensibilities, have Sakuya free him so he can spread word of your greatness -- possibly encouraged by a hint of charm, if that would help. If he really is trouble, put him out of his misery instead, in a suitable manner.
[x] Introducing yourself is a bit gauche. If are any who pass a minimal test of presentability, volunteer a likely villager to escort you to the castle and announce your presence to the imposter.
--[x] If someone objects strongly to your choice, show your generosity by forcing him or her to pick two replacements (that must still pass some minimal standard).
[x] Naturally, keep proper decorum while seeing to your business. Though, if necessary, a demonstration of authority may be in order...
[x] Don't you have a house call to make? Get to it!

This sounds better than just going ahead.
>>No. 54354
[x] Demonstrate that you can, on occasion, be merciful. Find out what the guy on the post did. If it is not offensive to your sensibilities, have Sakuya free him so he can spread word of your greatness -- possibly encouraged by a hint of charm, if that would help. If he really is trouble, put him out of his misery instead, in a suitable manner.

[x] Introducing yourself is a bit gauche. If are any who pass a minimal test of presentability, volunteer a likely villager to escort you to the castle and announce your presence to the imposter.

--[x] If someone objects strongly to your choice, show your generosity by forcing him or her to pick two replacements (that must still pass some minimal standard).

[x] Naturally, keep proper decorum while seeing to your business. Though, if necessary, a demonstration of authority may be in order...

[x] Don't you have a house call to make? Get to it!

This a thousand times over. Remi is a creature of class, after all.
>>No. 54356
[X] Tell Flandre to destroy the fact that the imposter isn't three feet in front of you, groveling on his knees.

What the fuck Flandre!? you had such bullshit powers all along and didn't tell anybody?
>>No. 54357
Well to be fair, everyone in gensokyo has bullshit powers. I mean, we can command fate itself.

"You are fated to become my servant."
"You are fated to die in the next 2 seconds."
"You are fated to find immortality in, 30 mins."
>>No. 54358
>>54357
I don't think fate works quite like that. We don't see Remilia "fating" Reimu to lose in TH 6 after all.
>>No. 54359
>>54358

Well, she did fate hax that teapot so that anybody owning it would fall to ruin and betrayal. So we know it works. She probably didnt use it. Life would be pretty boring if she was never surprised. Besides that was the point of danmaku wasn't it? to limit reality hax down to manageable levels. Then again, considering Reimu's own hax.

Remilia, Fate hax you lose.
Remiu, No You. Flies away from reality.
>>No. 54361
>>54359
What I mean is that when I think of "fate" I figure it's a really big thing that no one can really undestand.

So, even if Remilia can manipulate fate, I think it's still something kind of nebulous, maybe she can manipulate fate as well as you can manipulate your neck; it's not that easily manipulable.
>>No. 54363
Point conceded, I always pictured remilia's ability like the death note though.
>>No. 54370
>>54363
Now I'm picturing Remilia trying to write in her Fate Note while dodging persuasion needles.
>>No. 54388
File 134592727827.png - (373.41KB, 1000x608, knock knock~.png) [iqdb]
54388
Hmph. Mercy is not beyond the bounds of your capability. And if the Impostor desires this man's continued torment, then almost by default, your wish is that he be released from it.

Naturally, the manner of release depends entirely upon what this man has done.

You look up at him, and his foggy, glassy eyes slowly focus upon you. Then they clear somewhat.

"... Mistress." He says, in a tone of weak wonder, as though he cannot quite believe the truth of what his eyes show.

"For what purpose has this been done?" You say, getting right to the point. At the same time, your mind spins through a few memories. The last time you found yourself in this village...

It was over a hundred years ago. Well, the fellow looks it, but if he recognizes you from your appearance, he must have been somewhat young at that point. No matter.

"I fail to recognize Lord Crimson as the rightful rule." He rasps. "And refuse to recant, and so have been made a demonstration, Mistress."

"Yes, yes, I'm sure that's worked out well until now. Take him down, Sakuya." You say, waving a hand.

Crimson? Really? You can't help but sigh to yourself as the old man is released from his bonds, gasping with relief on the ground. You'll have to send some kind of doctor to look at him later. But really. The impostor can't even get your name right? Might as well call himself 'Mister Red', if he's not going to put in that much effort.

None of the peasants seem to be suitable to make an introduction for you, and so you make your way to the entrance of the castle, and pause at the door.

Well.

You are here.

It's only polite, now, to knock.

Gungnir forms in your hand, glowing brightly with your Red Magic, and you call upon memories of the castle layout. The entrance opens into the main hall, and from there the place of honor at the feasting tables....

Dead ahead.

You hurl the spear, and it crashes through the thick and heavy doors of wood and metal like they were not so much as paper walls in their way, striking true and burying itself into the seat in pride of place.

The impostor at least has a barely adequate response to attack, as he has managed to gracelessly hurl himself out of the way, as you step through the ruined gates and eye the changes in decor.

Skulls everywhere. How very tacky. Human bones being gnawed upon by half starved mongrel hounds. Spears lining the walls, many showing the dried blood and rust from their last use, and tattered penants stained with blood. How utterly wasteful.

Feh. Not an ounce of taste or subtlety to this wretch. Seven hissing young spawn of his, as well, fair maidens every one, seated at his sides. He certainly didn't hesitate to drag just anything that caught his eye into the fold. One for every day of the week, no doubt.

Tasteless.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>>No. 54390
[x] Introduce yourself and let him know your opinion of the place.
[x] Let him have the next move. You informed him of your visit, so he should have something prepared... right?
-[x] If it is something as stupid as sending his hounds forward, remember to share with your sister.
>>No. 54391
[x] Introduce yourself and let him know your opinion of the place.
[x] Let him have the next move. You informed him of your visit, so he should have something prepared... right?
-[x] If it is something as stupid as sending his hounds forward, remember to share with your sister.
[X]"My name is Remilia Scarlet and this is my younger sister, Flandre. You have insulted and tainted our name for your own ends. Prepare to die...eventually."
>>No. 54392
>>54390
>>54391
When did we inform him?
>>No. 54393
Yea I don't remember informing this guy about our visit. Just that we found out an impostor was here from that antique guy and we went, "Yeah no, that's not gonna fly."
>>No. 54395
[x] Introduce yourself. Inform him that you are not happy with his redecorating (and squatting) of our vacation house. Standard I-Am-Above-You-In-Every-Possible-Way talking down.

[x] Give him a minute to let it sink in, you want to see him despair after all, and see if he happens to be able to scrounge up some entertainment.

[x] Be sure to let Flandre play with anything she wants to that isn't him.
>>No. 54398
>>54392
>>54393

We sent a visiting card, did you guys forget?

>A visiting card must be delivered. Yes, no point in shirking the proper etiquette, and it would not do to arrive un-announced. You can have Sakuya deliver it for you, and it will be all the introduction required to alert the unfortunate interloper to your arrival.

>Naturally, it will include the appropriate phrasings of mourning to imply that a funeral is soon to occur.
>>No. 54401
Ah of course, how silly.
>>No. 54404
>>54398
In that case:

[X] Gungnir, Gungnir everywhere, at least everywhere that isn't instantly fatal. Bonus points for removing some of the hideous decor in the process.

[X] Let Flandre decide what happens to the soon-to-be-incapacitated impostor.

-[X[ Also allow Flandre to handle the wenches and hounds, should they become a threat nuisance.
>>No. 54406
[x] Introduce yourself. Inform him that you are not happy with his redecorating (and squatting) of our vacation house. Standard I-Am-Above-You-In-Every-Possible-Way talking down.

[x] Give him a minute to let it sink in, you want to see him despair after all, and see if he happens to be able to scrounge up some entertainment.
[X] Gungnir, Gungnir everywhere, at least everywhere that isn't instantly fatal. Bonus points for removing some of the hideous decor in the process.

[X] Let Flandre decide what happens to the soon-to-be-incapacitated impostor.
>>No. 54407
>>54404

Now, now, unprovoked violence is a bit unladylike. I'm sure he'll shortly do something suitably offensive on his own to justify such a response (such as continuing to exist, for example)...

[x] Introduce yourself and let him know your opinion of the place.
[x] Let him have the next move. You informed him of your visit, so he should have something prepared... right?
-[x] If it is something as stupid as sending his hounds forward, remember to share with your sister.
>>No. 54408
Suddenly, Gungnir! Thousands Of Them!
>>No. 54410
[x] Introduce yourself and let him know your opinion of the place.
[x] Let him have the next move. You informed him of your visit, so he should have something prepared... right?
-[x] If it is something as stupid as sending his hounds forward, remember to share with your sister.

Because initially-peaceful version is much more refined and appropriate to an ancient vampire than immediate bloody murder.
>>No. 54411
[x] Introduce yourself and let him know your opinion of the place.
[x] Let him have the next move. You informed him of your visit, so he should have something prepared... right?
-[x] If it is something as stupid as sending his hounds forward, remember to share with your sister.

Yea Refined is definitely the way to go. We must prove to him that he is just a bug in a long line of bugs that have annoyed us and were crushed.
>>No. 54412
Shall we look down on him so much that we're looking at the ceiling?
>>No. 54413
[x] Introduce yourself and let him know your opinion of the place.
[x] Let him have the next move. You informed him of your visit, so he should have something prepared... right?
-[x] If it is something as stupid as sending his hounds forward, remember to share with your sister.

We've made our entrance, no need to overexert ourselves.
>>No. 54414
[x] Demand to know who dares to intrude upon your lair.
-[x] And rent too. You're not one to shelter the homeless out of kindness.

Time to collect our profits~
>>No. 54415
[x] Introduce yourself and let him know your opinion of the place.
[x] Let him have the next move. You informed him of your visit, so he should have something prepared... right?
-[x] And rent too. You're not one to shelter the homeless out of kindness.
>>No. 54418
[x] Introduce yourself and let him know your opinion of the place.
- [x] Demand rent.
[x] Let him have the next move. You informed him of your visit, so he should have something prepared... right?
-[x] If it is something as stupid as sending his hounds forward, remember to share with your sister.
>>No. 54509
Is Kahi dead?
>>No. 54510
File 134777150350.jpg - (369.46KB, 650x850, b1a45edd88e716395f506f93e57a7c1f.jpg) [iqdb]
54510
>>54509

In another quest thread on another forum, Kahi was noted to have said this...

"

So, it turns out that when the HR introduction person says 'Don't worry, even if they need to keep everyone late, it's in the contract that they can only keep you sixteen hours from when you arrive', it's not just blowing smoke to worry the newbies, but in fact the whole and unvarnished truth. What fun."
>>No. 54511
>>54510
Well, that's good news. I was worried that Kahi was getting writer's block and less interested/thinking of abandoning.
>>No. 54517
File 13479489647.jpg - (35.01KB, 414x507, adorable puppies.jpg) [iqdb]
54517
There's no real need to repeat your opinion, since you haven't bothered to disguise it. Everything you've noted, you've spoken aloud.

The interloper is less than thrilled with your observations, face turning a remarkable purple color, and his harlots have started hissing in agitation. No class at all.

Yes, you said this aloud as well.

You barely have time to finish the display of your disgust before one, with a particularly pinched face and almost burning eyes, lunges across the table and room in the blink of an eye, claws drawn back to strike.

You don't even bother to move, as she thrusts.

She, by contrast is rather stupefied with the fact that she's suddenly a fair distance off to the side, hand extended and thrust through nothing in particular. Then red lines appear, circling her limb from the fingertips up to the elbow, and she starts screaming as it collapses off in neatly sliced segments.

"... Hey, hey. Sis. You gonna...?" Flandre asks, pointing at the howling and whimpering bedroom decoration.

"The impostor is mine alone. But by all means, do as you please with anything else which catches your eyes." You allow, graciously.

Flandre squeals in excitement, and draws the foolish assailant up by her remaining arm.

Sort of.

In that she gets over-excited, and what she pulls up is actually the other arm, no longer attached. Her face falls. Dear dear, what are you to do with an impetuous little sister like that?

"Hey, that's not gonna do. Hurry up and grow those back!" she demands crossly.

You put the rest of that out of your mind, as you turn back to the interloper.

"I." You declare grandly. "Am Remilia Scarlet. There are three things I do not suffer lightly: Fools, Impersonators, and people with bad taste. You, unfortunately, fulfil all three categories."

The impostor growls slowly, and pulls out from beneath the table... is that? It is. An actual enchanted spear.

Not a very good one, mind, and hardly worthy of filling the role of Gungnir, but even so. A point for effort.

"Foolish invader, these are my lands. With this Gun-"

You throw Gungnir again. The imbecile looks somewhat stupefied as he stares at the smoking surface just above his hands, where the shaft was cleaved in two.

"G... Gungnir! You destroyed it! A priceless artifact, do you have any idea how much that cost, wench?"

"You were swindled." you say dryly. "Gungnir has never left my possession. That was not worth even being called a fourth or fifth rate copy. Much like yourself. Anything else?"

He growls and snaps his fingers, and... the hounds leap forward, slavering.

Capital.

.... only as they pass the table, they slide into one another, swelling upwards and outwards, to reveal a monstrous two headed beast of a hound, eyes blazing with hunger and fury.

"Chimera, the Baskerville Hound! My brides! Defend your lord and master!" He cries out.

... He doesn't waste any time, as they charge into battle, in rushing directly for the nearest side exit.

---

[ ] What do you do?

Note: taking a sick day is significantly less fun when you're actually sick. Fun. Time for more chicken noodle soup or something.
>>No. 54518
File 134795030974.jpg - (113.49KB, 640x790, 818b1738dedbd2206118849267bd08c5.jpg) [iqdb]
54518
[X] Play some shooting games with the hellhound and harlots.

[X] MARK down the impostor's FATE of NOT ESCAPING THE CASTLE!
- Faito Note Time there!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDunr-1FCC8
>>No. 54519
[x] He is not to escape by any means, use fate alteration if possible.
-[x] Deal with the minions with as much class, elegance and style as possible, just to drive in how below you they all are.
--[x] Should he manage to escape the hall, chase him and leave the others to Flan and Sakuya, this is personal.
>>No. 54520
[X] Ignore the hound and harlots. Flandre is perfectly capable of handling them, and is likely happy to do so.
[X] The impostor is not to escape by any means. Use fate alteration only if absolutely necessary. Using such extraordinary measures would show we consider the impostor a worthy opponent. We do not.
[X]Should the impostor make it to an exit, have Sakuya return him to the hall using her time powers.
>>No. 54521
[x] Don't let him escape
[x] BUUUUULLLLEEEEETTTTTTTSSS
[x] Pinkies up!
>>No. 54522
>>54518
[X] "Oh, I wouldn't bother. You could say even fate itself is working against you today!" ojou-sama laugh

Maybe not.
>>No. 54523
[X] Let Flandre have some fun with his minions while calmly deflecting any that get to close to you.
[X] Destroy him with as much elegance as possible.
[X]Continue to mock his rather poor impersonation of you.
>>No. 54524
[X]"Sakuya."
She should be able to keep him from escaping without killing him or crippling him too badly.
[X]Get to destroying his pets. It's been a while since we could fight without having to limit ourselves to non-lethal methods, not that they're likely to provide a reasonable challenge.
>>No. 54525
This might be a ridiculous idea, but I kinda want to capture the guy and give him to Patchouli to help her demonstrate the effect of the more lethal spells when she get to teaching.
>>No. 54526
>>54510
>>54517

Hey! You're working? Congrats man! Is it the chicken farm?
>>No. 54539
[X] Have Sakuya turn the mansion into a Klein bottle.
[X] Poke it with Gungnir. If it doesn't die, poke it again.
[X] If by some impossible chance it's a vague threat to your person, danmaku is meant to be a refined method of combat. Not that it deserves it.
>>No. 54540
[x] Ignore the hound and harlots. Flandre is perfectly capable of handling them, and is likely happy to do so.
[x] The impostor is not to escape by any means. Use fate alteration only if absolutely necessary. Using such extraordinary measures would show we consider the impostor a worthy opponent. We do not.
[x] Should the impostor make it to an exit, pursue.

If we're not going to use our fate powers on such an unworthy opponent, why would we tell Sakuya to use her own powers, which are arguably more hax than our own?
>>No. 54541
[X] Ignore the hound and harlots. Flandre is perfectly capable of handling them, and is likely happy to do so.
[x] Have Sakuya Space Time Hax the mansion so all destinations lead back to us.(Like a Mobius Strip, forgot exact name).
[x] Once he finishes trying to run destroy him with as much elegance as possible. "Finished running? Good."
>>No. 54543
[X] Ignore the hound and harlots. Flandre is perfectly capable of handling them, and is likely happy to do so.
[x] Have Sakuya Space Time Hax the mansion so all destinations lead back to us (or the closest approximation to this she can manage under the circumstances).
[x] Once he finishes trying to run, destroy him with as much elegance as possible. "Finished running? Good."

This works.
>>No. 54544
[X] Ignore the hound and harlots. Flandre is perfectly capable of handling them, and is likely happy to do so.
[X] Have Sakuya Space Time Hax the mansion so all destinations lead back to us (or the closest approximation to this she can manage under the circumstances).
[X] Once he finishes trying to run, destroy him with as much elegance as possible. "Finished running? Good."

Yees. One of our stature does not simply kill, we kill after lording our victory over the foe.
>>No. 54550
[X] Ignore the hound and harlots. Flandre is perfectly capable of handling them, and is likely happy to do so.
[x] Have Sakuya Space Time Hax the mansion so all destinations lead back to us.(Use the violin you keep handy to play the "Lost Woods" theme).
[x] Once he finishes trying to run destroy him with as much elegance as possible. "Finished running? Good."
>>No. 54553
[X] Ignore the hound and harlots. Flandre is perfectly capable of handling them, and is likely happy to do so.
[X] Have Sakuya Space Time Hax the mansion so all destinations lead back to us (or the closest approximation to this she can manage under the circumstances).
[X] Once he finishes trying to run, destroy him with as much elegance as possible. "Finished running? Good."
>>No. 54594
File 13487929762.jpg - (305.98KB, 688x930, No Escape~.jpg) [iqdb]
54594
He is not fated to escape.

... Which isn't to say that you're altering his fate. It's a sort of more involved and complex process than just marking things down in notebooks, and as much as you hate to admit it, fate isn't an absolute. Closer to... nudging things.

Even so, you wouldn't waste your own effort in altering this cretin's fate.

That's what you have servants for.

"Sakuya." You instruct, wordlessly.

"Altering space... complete." She agrees. "The main entrance is now sealed off from the rest of the castle."

She gracefully moves an attack to somewhere else, drawing a knife along and up the arm that caused the offense.

"I'm not yet known enough to this place to do more than simple expansion and contraction of the rest, however." She points out.

Hm. Well, you aren't clear on exactly how her powers work anyway, so it's plausible enough. Or she just doesn't feel like doing more than that. No way to be sure, and it wouldn't be particularly tactful to pry about it either way. No matter. There are other exits, but this is your property. You know the layout and escape routes better than he would, by far.

You just have to make it there first.

You explode into a cloud of bats, more for dramatic effect than anything else, screeching and flapping as you pass through ventilation holes and hallways, and congeal into place before the impostor, skidding to a stop.

"Going somewhere?" You ask, toothily.

He says something dreadfully distasteful as he spins, retreating from the side passage and making his way towards...

"Hello~" You say, standing with a smile next to the ornamental statue with the arm that functions as a lever to activate a hidden passage.

He barks something latinish-sounding and throws a bolt of flame before continuing off to the side, going for-

"It's just a simple jump out this window to the battlements, and from there you can make a soft landing in the moat... isn't that right?" You say, curiously, inspecting your fingernails.

"C-curse you..." the lesser vampire says, eyes darting here and there.

"Are you finished? Have you made peace with your regrets? It wouldn't do to finish you off, unless absolutely every last speck of that dreadfully persistent hope of yours had been stamped out properly."

"Why...?"

"Dear me. I thought that would have been clear. What on earth did you expect, when you so flagrantly falsified yourself, to take advantage of that which you had not earned, and was not your right?" You wonder aloud.

He backs away as you stalk forward, but then stops, a dark cast falling over his face. Wordlessly he reaches to the side, picking up... ah. A normal spear, from one of many racks lining the hallways. Not magical in any fashion.

"Fight, run. It's all the same. Either way, you are only prolonging the inevitable~ Why not just fall onto your knees, and beg forgiveness for your trespasses like the wretched scum you are?"

"I am... Lord Ignatius Crimson, of the line of Scarlet." he growls, eyes flashing. ... He even seems to believe it, when everything is said and done. How annoying. "I will run. I will cower and hide. I will fight. But my pride will not bend so far. I will not beg for my life."

You sigh, mildly annoyed.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>>No. 54595
[x] To actually believes it... Is there something else you should know? Not that it will change his fate.
-[x] "I am the Scarlet Devil and I know I sired no heir. What could possibly makes you believes so strongly in a lie?"
[x] Even if he doesn't answer, he finally seems ready to fight. Do what you came here for.
>>No. 54596
[x] Cower? Hide? Hah. You speak of pride, yet you have none. Come now, stand! Summon your servants! Bend the night to your will! Transform into a swarm and overwhelm me! Break against me with all the power that burns in your veins. If you are truly of the line of Scarlet, then you can do at least that. But you can't can you?
[x] I am the Scarlet Devil, and you are naught but a thinly-blooded mongrel. Now beg at my feet like the dog you are, else return to the dust from whence you crawled!

---

Or something like that. I got a bit theatrical.
>>No. 54598
[x] Point out that you are the last of the Scarlets and the true Scarlet Devil.
[x] Finish him. He's clearly delusional. Still points for not begging, proving that he isn't completely worthless.

I don't think we should ask him to beg again. We already gave him a choice and he took it.
>>No. 54600
Great, why do I now feel like Remi's ability is to hack Visual Novels and add additional choices to them.

"Hello".
How Do you Respond?
-Hello
-Sup
Remilia's Additional Choice.
-Punch person in the face.
>>No. 54601
>>54596
Alucard would be proud, and that's good enough for me.

[X] Cower? Hide? Hah. You speak of pride, yet you have none. Come now, stand! Summon your servants! Bend the night to your will! Transform into a swarm and overwhelm me! Break against me with all the power that burns in your veins. If you are truly of the line of Scarlet, then you can do at least that. But you can't can you?
[X] I am the Scarlet Devil, and you are naught but a thinly-blooded mongrel. Now beg at my feet like the dog you are, else return to the dust from whence you crawled!
>>No. 54602
voting for this.
[x] Cower? Hide? Hah. You speak of pride, yet you have none. Come now, stand! Summon your servants! Bend the night to your will! Transform into a swarm and overwhelm me! Break against me with all the power that burns in your veins. If you are truly of the line of Scarlet, then you can do at least that. But you can't can you?
[x] I am the Scarlet Devil, and you are naught but a thinly-blooded mongrel. Now beg at my feet like the dog you are, else return to the dust from whence you crawled!
>>No. 54603
[x] To actually believes it... Is there something else you should know? Not that it will change his fate.
-[x] "I am the Scarlet Devil and I know I sired no heir. What could possibly makes you believes so strongly in a lie?"
[x] Even if he doesn't answer, he finally seems ready to fight. Do what you came here for.
>>No. 54604
>>54596
Theatrics is always nice. Let's do this, but make sure we aren't missing something. I'd assume a possibility would be someone manipulating his memory.
>>No. 54605
[x] Cower? Hide? Hah. You speak of pride, yet you have none. Come now, stand! Summon your servants! Bend the night to your will! Transform into a swarm and overwhelm me! Break against me with all the power that burns in your veins. If you are truly of the line of Scarlet, then you can do at least that. But you can't can you?
[x] I am the Scarlet Devil, and you are naught but a thinly-blooded mongrel. Now beg at my feet like the dog you are, else return to the dust from whence you crawled!
-[x] Ensure that if he dies it is in full view of the peasants, so as they don't get ideas later.
>>No. 54606
[x]Engage in theatrics, but don't take your eyes off of him.
-[x]Do, however, make sure he knows exactly how doomed he is, and who you are.
--[x]And try to see if you can find out whether he made this up himself, or if whoever sired him claimed to be a Scarlet. You may have to make a to-do list here.
>>No. 54607
[x] Cower? Hide? Hah. You speak of pride, yet you have none. Come now, stand! Summon your servants! Bend the night to your will! Transform into a swarm and overwhelm me! Break against me with all the power that burns in your veins. If you are truly of the line of Scarlet, then you can do at least that. But you can't can you?
[x] I am the Scarlet Devil, and you are naught but a thinly-blooded mongrel. Now beg at my feet like the dog you are, else return to the dust from whence you crawled!
-[x] Ensure that if he dies it is in full view of the peasants, so as they don't get ideas later.

Thanks for the excellent vote Mr/Mrs Anon.
>>No. 54609
File 134885128279.jpg - (230.69KB, 900x750, 86110f02b4d553f37229c0cd86808812.jpg) [iqdb]
54609
[x] Cower? Hide? Hah. You speak of pride, yet you have none. Come now, stand! Summon your servants! Bend the night to your will! Transform into a swarm and overwhelm me! Break against me with all the power that burns in your veins. If you are truly of the line of Scarlet, then you can do at least that. But you can't can you?
[x] I am the Scarlet Devil, and you are naught but a thinly-blooded mongrel. Now beg at my feet like the dog you are, else return to the dust from whence you crawled!
-[x] Ensure that if he dies it is in full view of the peasants, so as they don't get ideas later.
>>No. 54610
He is either mad, or fooled by somebody.
We need to know about that, and in case of second, deal with false scarlet devil properly.
While killing him is good and everything, we may have to do some more killing.
Thought, I am more interested in main story, and do not really want to prolong Remi-quest.
So, do as you wish, I am not going to vote on this.
>>No. 54611
I'm having this idea about an addon to the above votes that has Remi boasting that she will have him begging for death instead of life if he still refuses to do so, ending with the line "only then will you have my permission to die". Sadly, I can't think of a way to phrase it. I don't suppose the kind anon who did the above grandoise writein could figure out an appropriate phrasing, if he is agreable with this addon?
>>No. 54612
Is Remi the first of her line to bear the name Scarlet? "Of the line of Scarlet" doesn't necessarily imply descent from us unless that's the case.
>>No. 54613
>>54596

Theatrics-Anon here!

>>54611

I'm not certain that Remi would be the sort to resort to outright torture, buuuut I think I can possibly integrate some of the other stuff people brought up that I've liked. In addition to my other vote, I will also put forward this.

[x] Does lording over your obvious inferiors fill you with this unwarranted pride, mongrel? A Prince of the Night who neglects his duties, who neglects his castle- MY castle- is beneath all else! You are less than a dog. You are a pile of fetid meat left out to rot the sun that not even a starving mongrel would touch! Taking your life is meaningless, for it is so without meaning that its price could never repay your transgressions!

[x] But rejoice, for I am not without mercy. You shall suffer only until you admit to the world what you truly are- the name of Scarlet would be forever tarnished if you died bearing it. You will die a thief, and your sire will die a thief, until every one of your miserable line is wiped clean from this world.

[x] Let it be known that Remilia Scarlet does not suffer impostors who dare dishonor her name!
>>No. 54614
[x] Does lording over your obvious inferiors fill you with this unwarranted pride, mongrel? A Prince of the Night who neglects his duties, who neglects his castle- MY castle- is beneath all else! You are less than a dog. You are a pile of fetid meat left out to rot the sun that not even a starving mongrel would touch! Taking your life is meaningless, for it is so without meaning that its price could never repay your transgressions!

[x] But rejoice, for I am not without mercy. You shall suffer only until you admit to the world what you truly are- the name of Scarlet would be forever tarnished if you died bearing it. You will die a thief, and your sire will die a thief, until every one of your miserable line is wiped clean from this world.

[x] Let it be known that Remilia Scarlet does not suffer impostors who dare dishonor her name!

Going with Theatricsanon
>>No. 54615
>>54614

Don't forget to take a look at the rest of the stuff I voted for up at >>54596 in case you're interested!
>>No. 54616
[x] Does lording over your obvious inferiors fill you with this unwarranted pride, mongrel? A Prince of the Night who neglects his duties, who neglects his castle- MY castle- is beneath all else! You are less than a dog. You are a pile of fetid meat left out to rot the sun that not even a starving mongrel would touch! Taking your life is meaningless, for it is so without meaning that its price could never repay your transgressions!

[x] But rejoice, for I am not without mercy. You shall suffer only until you admit to the world what you truly are- the name of Scarlet would be forever tarnished if you died bearing it. You will die a thief, and your sire will die a thief, until every one of your miserable line is wiped clean from this world.

[x] Let it be known that Remilia Scarlet does not suffer impostors who dare dishonor her name!

Now THIS is a vote. The writers of the other two didn't even bother to spell theirs properly.
>>No. 54617
>>54616

Aw, shucks. Theatricsanon here, now feeling kind of shameful, because I just noticed that I totally forgot an 'in' inbetween 'rot' and 'the sun' on the first vote of those picks.

Uhhh retroactively shove it in there!?
>>No. 54618
[x] Does lording over your obvious inferiors fill you with this unwarranted pride, mongrel? A Prince of the Night who neglects his duties, who neglects his castle- MY castle- is beneath all else! You are less than a dog. You are a pile of fetid meat left out to rot in the sun that not even a starving mongrel would touch! Taking your life is meaningless, for it is so without meaning that its price could never repay your transgressions!

[x] But rejoice, for I am not without mercy. You shall suffer only until you admit to the world what you truly are- the name of Scarlet would be forever tarnished if you died bearing it. You will die a thief, and your sire will die a thief, until every one of your miserable line is wiped clean from this world.

[x] Let it be known that Remilia Scarlet does not suffer impostors who dare dishonor her name!
>>No. 54626
>>54617
>>54618

[x] Does lording over your obvious inferiors fill you with this unwarranted pride, mongrel? A Prince of the Night who neglects his duties, who neglects his castle- MY castle- is beneath all else! You are less than a dog. You are a pile of fetid meat left out to rot in the sun that not even a starving mongrel would touch! Taking your life is meaningless, for it is so without meaning that its price could never repay your transgressions!

[x] But rejoice, for I am not without mercy. You shall suffer only until you admit to the world what you truly are- the name of Scarlet would be forever tarnished if you died bearing it. You will die a thief, and your sire will die a thief, until every one of your miserable line is wiped clean from this world.

[x] Let it be known that Remilia Scarlet does not suffer impostors who dare dishonor her name!
>>No. 54630
[x] Does lording over your obvious inferiors fill you with this unwarranted pride, mongrel? A Prince of the Night who neglects his duties, who neglects his castle- MY castle- is beneath all else! You are less than a dog. You are a pile of fetid meat left out to rot in the sun that not even a starving mongrel would touch! Taking your life is meaningless, for it is so without meaning that its price could never repay your transgressions!

[x] But rejoice, for I am not without mercy. You shall suffer only until you admit to the world what you truly are- the name of Scarlet would be forever tarnished if you died bearing it. You will die a thief, and your sire will die a thief, until every one of your miserable line is wiped clean from this world.

[x] Let it be known that Remilia Scarlet does not suffer impostors who dare dishonor her name!
>>No. 54694
[x] Does lording over your obvious inferiors fill you with this unwarranted pride, mongrel? A Prince of the Night who neglects his duties, who neglects his castle- MY castle- is beneath all else! You are less than a dog. You are a pile of fetid meat left out to rot in the sun that not even a starving mongrel would touch! Taking your life is meaningless, for it is so without meaning that its price could never repay your transgressions!

[x] But rejoice, for I am not without mercy. You shall suffer only until you admit to the world what you truly are- the name of Scarlet would be forever tarnished if you died bearing it. You will die a thief, and your sire will die a thief, until every one of your miserable line is wiped clean from this world.

[x] Let it be known that Remilia Scarlet does not suffer impostors who dare dishonor her name!

[x] Pin him to the pole, leaving him in unbearable agony as he did to the old man.

[x] When he finally confesses to his deceit, let him be finished off by the very people he lorded over like a tyrant. Let him be burned like a heretic at the stake!
>>No. 54695
>>54613 here. Theatrics Anon has been watching, and something has become even /better/ with this route choice. So I'm adding these two to my vote, in addition to the ones in my previous post:


[x] Pin him to the pole, leaving him in unbearable agony as he did to the old man.

[x] When he finally confesses to his deceit, let him be finished off by the very people he lorded over like a tyrant. Let him be burned like a heretic at the stake!

Because seriously, that's just metal.
>>No. 54725
File 135259097390.jpg - (8.70KB, 270x186, WaitingForGodotJPG.jpg) [iqdb]
54725
>>No. 54743
I wonder when Patchy will get to Hogwarts?
>>No. 54744
>>54743

Dude...we're already on our second year at Hogwarts. Kahi switched this story to a different website.
>>No. 54745
>>54744
Don't be a douchebag.
Kahi has NOT moved this to a different website.
>>No. 54746
>>54745
don't be a douchebag and bump this
and yeah I'm pretty sure Kahi hasn't updated anything anywhere
>>No. 54747
>>54746
Nah, Kahi's working on something called Witch Quest. Its gotten Fuck off huge fast.
>>No. 54748
>>54747

Yep. It's a PMMM quest hosted on Spacebattles.
>>No. 54749
>>54747
400,000-views-in-four-months huge.

Giant sane spider witches are popular (except with Homura)
>>No. 54750
400,000 views in 4 months isn't really that impressive. That just means 400,000 page views. Many people will probably have checked the thread several times a day, with each separate page viewing contributing to that number.

I'm not impressed with Witch Quest. I'm not impressed with Patchy/Koa/Remi Quest either, and wish he would continue his other fanfics he's started.
>>No. 54751
>>54750
I wish that fags would stop bumping this thread.
>>No. 54753
Dropping a work to continue another just because it seems to be more popular is... ugh. Sure, there's the excuse you just want to "write something people will enjoy", but then that raises doubts about whether or not you're in it just for the attention.

Maybe he legitimately likes Witch Quest more than this one, but if that's the case he should have the balls to come out and say that he's putting this on the side for now.
>>No. 54755
>>54753
>Maybe he legitimately likes Witch Quest more than this one

He does. Of all his stories, it seems he likes WQ the most. He even retconned a scene where the MC suffered an incredibly traumatic event, to spare her from the intense suffering.
>>No. 54756
File 135378204910.jpg - (27.25KB, 425x308, 080911_writers_block.jpg) [iqdb]
54756
>>54744

Not the case.

Keep meaning to write more here, but can't quite hit the spark. I'll get to it, once I can chip through enough of this massive block to crawl around to the other side.
>>No. 54761
wait, kahi is chibi-reaper?


my mind is blown.
>>No. 54765
>>54761
Is there something wrong with you?
Sage, you illiterate mongoloid.
>>No. 54772
>>54765
Sage goes in EVERY field!
>>No. 54773
sage
>>No. 54774
>>54772
It really only needs to go in the e-mail field, unless you hate what you're saging.
>>No. 54779
>>54772
>>54773
Thanks for proving that Kahi's detractors are right.
Go back to wherever it is you terrible badposters come from.
>>No. 54781
>>54779
Because of course they're automatically Kahi fans for posting in a thread they apparently have opinions about having been bumped to the frontpage, and also saging in a manner that implies they're mad about something.

And also a few members of a group being some way naturally means the whole group is like that.

Fuck you. I don't even know if this thread's hit the bump limit, but I'm not saging anyway because I think it'll piss you off. And even if it doesn't, it'll piss off that sagefaggot, so it's good either way.
>>No. 54782
>>54781
Explain to me how this is NOT proving that Kahi's threads attract shitposting assholes.
Including the both of us.
>>No. 54783
>>54781
the maturity level in this topic is staggering
>>No. 54784
>>54782
Well, I suppose you may be right if the shitposters aren't necessarily fans of Kahi, though it's rare for a detractor to complain about themselves. I still think you're wrong, but at least your stance isn't based on inherently flawed reasoning. I think.
>>No. 54785
Guys shut up I wanna see more Tewi one of these days.
>>No. 54786
Shut up guys, the shitstorms already passed don't bring them back, let's wait for an update or something and keep your mouths shut.
>>No. 54822
File 135715486650.jpg - (158.28KB, 850x637, collateral damage.jpg) [iqdb]
54822
"So much pride." You muse, as his simple shaft of wood and steel clashes and clinks against the Gungnir. "So much... unwarranted pride. What have you done, I wonder, that you feel you deserve such laud?"

You let the tip of the blade come close enough to rest against your throat, before dismissively batting it away.

"Is it simple jubilation in your position, to lord yourself over those without worth? Have you fallen to the fallacy there, that because you are superior to those without worth, that you yourself are not worthless? Ah, blinded to the truth."

"Curse..." He groans, as the tip of the Gungnir carves a delicate line through his chest.

"In the end, you are a thief. And you will die a thief, and the world will know of your ignoble fall, as that pride you cherish is shattered around you." You hum thoughtfully.

He moves in a strange way.

He's caught the Gungnir through his chest, bracing himself in place, both hands locked around it, simple spear dropped to the ground even as the Gungnir burns away at his flesh, denying the touch of the unworthy.

... How annoying. You hadn't intended to kill him just yet. But even a cornered rat will sometimes bite the cat, you suppose. If he insists on coming to his end in such a way, you suppose you could oblige.

"The. Truth." He rasps, coughing up blood. "I am. Lord. Ignatius. Crimson. Of the line. Of the Scarlet Devil."

"... Fool." You tut. "I will say it clearly, so there can be no misunderstanding. In all my life, I have borne no childe."

He looks up, blood dripping from his mouth, and leers. His eyes, suddenly burning with mystic flame.

"The other. Remilia. Scarlet." He hisses, long and drawn out. "Let us discuss it. In. Hell."

There is nothing, after that, save fire and pain through the hallway.

Blackness.

And then, from a few scraps of flesh torn from your body and launched away from the force of the blast, you reform yourself, stalking down the hall.

This dress is ruined. As is the decoration of this hall.

Right in the central point of the conflagration, you find the man's charred and blackened skeleton, coated with ash. You can see that there are some runes, carved directly into his skull. They look like they might have been self-inflicted.

... The whole matter raises more questions than have been answered.

---

[ ] ???
>>No. 54823
[X] Another you... Could one of the parts that you left around have gained sentience? Or did someone find one and did something with it?
[X] Return to the main hall. Flandre probably has finished by now.
>>No. 54824
Holy fucking shit wow fuCK YES YOU'RE BACK

I waited for you ;_;

[x] Another you? The plot thickens. Time to search the whole place for information!
[x] Let the village kow that they have only one ruler. You.
-[x] See what the humans know about the now dead whelp, and if they've heard anything with your name involved with his.
>>No. 54825
Oh boy! I bet we will need Hogwart's (or HPverse's) help in acquiring information on this other Remilia.
>>No. 54826
>>54823
[X] the above
>>No. 54827
>>54823
[X] the above
>>No. 54828
[X] Another you... Could one of the parts that you left around have gained sentience? Or did someone find one and did something with it? Or maybe... another impostor trying to ride on your reputation.
[X] Return to the main hall. Flandre probably has finished by now.

Yeah! You're back.
>>No. 54829
[X] Another you... Could one of the parts that you left around have gained sentience? Or did someone find one and did something with it? Or maybe... another impostor trying to ride on your reputation.
-[X] Take the skull, or if that's too distasteful, make a record of the runes. Maybe Patchy can figure them out.
[X] Return to the main hall. Flandre probably has finished by now.
>>No. 54830
[X] Another you... Could one of the parts that you left around have gained sentience? Or did someone find one and did something with it? Or maybe... another impostor trying to ride on your reputation.
-[X] Take the skull, or if that's too distasteful, make a record of the runes. Maybe Patchy can figure them out.
[X] Return to the main hall. Flandre probably has finished by now.

Aww yea! Mah nigga Patchy is back yo!
>>No. 54831
[X] Another you... Could one of the parts that you left around have gained sentience? Or did someone find one and did something with it? Or maybe... another impostor trying to ride on your reputation.
-[X] Take the skull, or if that's too distasteful, make a record of the runes. Maybe Patchy can figure them out.
[X] Return to the main hall. Flandre probably has finished by now.
>>No. 54834
File 135721152812.jpg - (144.37KB, 600x800, redkoa.jpg) [iqdb]
54834
[X] Another you... Could one of the parts that you left around have gained sentience? Or did someone find one and did something with it? Or maybe... another impostor trying to ride on your reputation.
-[X] Take the skull, or if that's too distasteful, make a record of the runes. Maybe Patchy can figure them out.
[X] Return to the main hall. Flandre probably has finished by now.

Perhaps... the OTHER Scarlet Remilia will show up!
>>No. 54835
[X] Another you... Could one of the parts that you left around have gained sentience? Or did someone find one and did something with it? Or maybe... another impostor trying to ride on your reputation.
-[X] Take the skull, or if that's too distasteful, make a record of the runes. Maybe Patchy can figure them out.
[X] Return to the main hall. Flandre probably has finished by now.
>>No. 54837
>>54834
While Koakuma having a hand in it is possible, she can't turn others into vampires, can she?
>>No. 54838
If a part of her could independently become sentient, wouldn't she have known? She hasn't been around for only a little bit of time, and if this was possible, wouldn't it have happened to another vampire by now?
>>No. 54839
>>54838
Maybe it'S because of Gensokyo's Barrier that she didn't sense anything. Anyway, this require investigation.
>>No. 54842
[X] Another you... Could one of the parts that you left around have gained sentience? Or did someone find one and did something with it? Or maybe... another impostor trying to ride on your reputation.
-[X] Take the skull, or if that's too distasteful, make a record of the runes. Maybe Patchy can figure them out.
[X] Return to the main hall. Flandre probably has finished by now.
>>No. 54843
[X] Take the skull. Maybe Patchy can figure them out.
[X] Have some fun while nobody is looking. Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio...
>>No. 54844
[X] Take the skull. Maybe Patchy can figure them out.
[X] Have some fun while nobody is looking. Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio...
>>No. 54845
>>54843

Can't help but giggle every time I check SDM for updates.
>>No. 54846
Anyone know how to get rid of that accidental story that was supposed to be a vote? I don't think the person who made it has checked back.
>>No. 54847
I could not delete it. Incorrect password. This was when I first posted it....
>>No. 54849
Remilia copied my name!
>>No. 54850
>>54849

It seems you are a bit mistaken, ma'am. The careful observer will find that Remilia has an "R" in the beginning of her name, whereas you do not.
>>No. 54851
[X] Take the skull. Maybe Patchy can figure them out. [X] Have some fun while nobody is looking. Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio...
>>No. 54859
[†] Take the skull. Maybe Patchy can figure them out.
>>No. 54950
File 136218236754.jpg - (216.38KB, 850x1335, sample-61fdfdbfa5fd85110896f4bb1c75609c.jpg) [iqdb]
54950
So... who here is following the Tom Riddle quest that Kahi is doing on a questionable forum?

w11.zetaboards.com/Questionable_Gaming/topic/8491821/1/ - before it got moved to here - questionablequesting.com/index.php?topic=41.0
>>No. 54951
>>54950

Goddamit. You people need to tell me these things!
>>No. 54962
>>54951

And you were just informed... also kahi is running mon of the dead quest, and oni civ quest on that forum, and Azula quest on spacebattles.
>>No. 55026
Good to know he isn't dead, I guess.
>>No. 55065
File 136242435334.jpg - (255.12KB, 850x546, sample-c3814f8fe69988c9ae865df3ba040cbb.jpg) [iqdb]
55065
Not dead. Just feel like it right now, lolsinuses.

Another.....

Your initial response is to declare it impossible. Pride, and all of that.

But it only takes you a few more seconds to think of at least two ways that this could be true. Both involve your bats.

The simple fact of the matter is, you make a lot of those, and leave them everywhere you go. It's not out of the question that you could have lost two or three.... hundred. Ish. Probably more.

It's difficult to even check up on all of them, because you don't even remember where you left them all, and they're hardly connected to your mind. You would have to check up on them individually.

And quite simply, you make so many of them accounting for the fact that some will just plain get snatched up by something or through whatever means, die. Bats are hardly the most resilient of creatures.

Which leaves an opening for either one of your backup plans to become cognizant in its own right, feeding on blood and gorging itself until it can craft a new, lesser form for itself, inferior to your own body..... or for an outside force to, for whatever reason, cause and aid that rapid ascension.

Much as it gnaws at your pride, there could well be a lesser clone of you sitting out there, somewhere, just doing whatever it pleases and riding your coattails to political power, at the least. You don't doubt that even a flawed copy would be superior in nature to most of the newly sired vampires of this age, either feeling immortal and invulnerable for the fact that they've gone a few decades without aging, or forsaking their own nature to mope about the terrible suffering that comes from being a monster.

Really. No vampiric pride at all. You don't suffer. You make others do that for you. Your contemporaries would probably agree, if there are any still about that can be found.

You collect the Crimson brat's skull, making a note to show it to Patchy later. Even if she's not interested in it on its own merits, you can find ways of making her take a look...

In the dining hall, there are a number of new piles of ash. Sakuya is carefully shoving them together in a larger pile, with a push broom. In the center of the wreckage, Flandre is bouncing up and down on the back of the Chimera.

Both it's heads are pulped to a ruinous mess.

".... I'm bored now." she sulks, turning aside, seeming to finally realize that it won't get back up to continue playing.

---

[ ] ???
>>No. 55084
Gather up the cavalry and head back to the SDM to do some RESEARCH! with Patchy. She needs to look at this.
>>No. 55086
[X] Before returning home, maybe you should pass by the village to announce the slight change of lord in teh area. And maybe get them to clean up the place around a bit, if only to get rid of the smell.
>>No. 55092
How common is the whole gaining sentience thing among the bats? It can't be too common or it would have been noticed sooner.
>>No. 55112
[x]Get Patchy. Magic is supposed to be good at finding things, right?

Since we took the skull, an item linked to whomever sired that pitiful wretch of an imitator, location of the one that has been acting in our name should be a matter of little difficulty.
>>No. 55122
>>55112
Remilia's already going to do that. Vote is more about what to do now that the filth is dealt with.
>>No. 55126
[X] Before returning home, maybe you should pass by the village to announce the slight change of lord in the area. And maybe get them to clean up the place around a bit, if only to get rid of the smell.

[X] Get them to start spreading the word. Let the will of Scarlet be known, ringing true and proud across the countryside!

[X] Promptly remember that politics, after hundreds of years, is probably ridiculously boring and go see if any of those old Vampire Hunting Clans are still up and about and set them on the Other Remilia Scarlet.
>>No. 55153
[X] Oh, hey, were we supposed to... something... old man who believed in us?

Ah well, it'll be fine.
>>No. 55154
>>55153

Even though I had to Ctrl + F "old man" to remember what you are talking about, you are absolutely 100% correct. This guy chose eternal torment over recognizing the fake Remi. What a fucking boss.

[X] Oh, hey, were we supposed to... something... old man who believed in us?
>>No. 55158
[X] Oh, hey, were we supposed to... something... old man who believed in us?

...This.
>>No. 55181
X] Oh, hey, were we supposed to... something... old man who believed in us?

It's quite difficult to remember every dangling element since last time.
>>No. 55192
I hope Remi's impersonator is involved with the HP side of this quest. That would be an interesting way of bringing her to Hogwarts.
>>No. 55233
>>55192

This is all a terrible misunderstanding that resulted from Ginny weasley, a hollow's eve costume, the bat bogey hex, and several pints of butterbeer?
>>No. 55616
File 136371679393.jpg - (49.65KB, 432x291, but I'm important I swear.jpg) [iqdb]
55616
Something, something....

Ah, right, the old man.

You drag the skull out with you. On the tip of a spear, naturally, so everyone can get a good look at the oversized fangs. There's much muttering and soft 'ooh's and 'aaah's. There's a slightly portly fellow in the town square, who seems to be desperately trying to ignore all of the sullen populace, most particularly the old man still next to him on the ground, slowly recovering.

He looks like he might be the only person in the village who ate regularly.

"You're the mayor, I take it?" you say, dryly. He doesn't seem to comprehend your words.

"Fudge, madam. Ambrosius Fudge." he says, quickly, light sheen of sweat on his face. He's speaking in english. Did he never learn the local tongue? "Squib brother of Cornelius Fudge. British Minister for Magic, the elder brother, Cornellius is the younger. I am the mayor of this town."

"Crimson only killed off all the real wizards." Someone in the crowd mutters, throwing him a dark look. Since it wasn't spoken in english, the fudge didn't seem to catch it.

"Capital!" You say, grandly. "A pleasure to meet you, sir Fudge. And goodbye. Burn him." You demand casually. You need to make an example of someone, and this fellow seems to exist simply to be executed.

"Wh-! No, you can't!" Fudge stammers. The eager anticipation and rumbling bloodlust of the crowd suggests he was not well liked, and that the peasants are all to eager to put this to the torch. "I'm an important person! I'm the mayor! My brother won't stand to hear of this, you can't do this to me-!"

"My dear fellow, what on earth makes you think he will learn of your demise?" You drawl casually.

"When I stop sending reports... I had an arrangement with the Lord! As long as I was treated well, I would neglect to mention anything that would call vampire hunters here! Do you think you'll escape them when they hear about-!"

"Yes, yes, very good, I welcome the attempts." You say, brushing the argument off. "Filthy peasantry? Burn this man to death. I will not be well pleased to have to make this order a third time."

"They w-" Fudge begins, before strong muck-farmer arms latch onto him, and all the struggling of weak blubber can't break him free as his eyes widen. "No! You can't! You can't do this, noooo!" he howls, before someone stuffs a rag in his mouth, and he's dragged away.

Ah. You feel much better.

... Oh, yes, the old man. You had better do something with him. Or for him. Either or both.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>>No. 55617
[X] Be Patchy
>>No. 55618
[x] Ask the old man what has transpired in the village during your abscence. Ask about the Fudge family and the wizards killed.
-[x] Loyal minions like him should be rewarded, no?
>>No. 55619
File 136372481732.jpg - (475.69KB, 850x1474, sample-4fcc894510d0f745fac3402ba1a47b6b.jpg) [iqdb]
55619
[x] Ask the old man what has transpired in the village during your absence. Ask about the Fudge family and the wizards killed.
- - [x] Loyal minions like him should be rewarded, no?
>>No. 55620
[x] Ask the old man what has transpired in the village during your abscence. Ask about the Fudge family and the wizards killed.
-[x] Loyal minions like him should be rewarded, no?

Two weeks? Not bad, Kahi. I'll be looking forward to the next update eagerly.
>>No. 55621
>>55617
In Patchy Quest?
I wish.
>>No. 55627
[x] Ask the old man what has transpired in the village during your abscence. Ask about the Fudge family and the wizards killed.
-[x] Loyal minions like him should be rewarded, no?
>>No. 55628
[X] Hold conversation with him while he bleeds, re: local events, fake Remilias, world events.
[X] When we're done, Fate magic makes everything better.
>>No. 55630
[x] Ask the old man what has transpired in the village during your absence. Ask about the Fudge family and the wizards killed.
[x] Loyal minions like him should be rewarded, no?
[X] When we're done, Fate magic makes everything better.
[X] Be Patchy
>>No. 55745
[x] Ask the old man what has transpired in the village during your absence. Ask about the Fudge family and the wizards killed.
[x] Loyal minions like him should be rewarded, no?
[X] When we're done, Fate magic makes everything better.

Maybe we should wait before being Patchy after this one vote, remember that the witch isn't here and the change of perspective will cut us from the scene. I think.
>>No. 56033
File 136487099524.jpg - (273.77KB, 600x800, How do you do.jpg) [iqdb]
56033
The old man is of course still heavily injured, but speaks obligingly, if rasping and with hitches. Sakuya isn't really a medic, but she can at least stitch wounds closed the way she does clothing.

After you left, things seem to have remained stable for a good thirty-one years, some months, and a few days.

It rather annoys you, actually. They should have been afraid enough of you to have waited longer, made absolutely sure you weren't in the area and watching, before trying any of this nonsense, moving in like scavengers. A solid fifty years, at least.

Or they could have been appropriately theatrical enough to move in thirty years later to the day. The selected date isn't even meaningful in any way, not all hallows or the winter solstice, all fools day as would be appropriate for such a wretch, or anything. It was a Tuesday. That's about it.

Crimson's first move upon entry was to immediately assassinate every wizard within the town's dissuasion and redirection of casual travel wardings. As an ex-Wizard himself, though his true last name is unknown, he had deemed them not only the greatest threat, but the only actual threat present. Also, apparently, it was whispered that he was jealous of how they could still casually use their wands to perform magic where after his rebirth and renaming he could not.

Naturally, he immediately set out to not only crush but utterly obliterate any rebellion, having those in opposition to his rule publicly tortured until they either recanted and bent knee or died. Few died. This... vexes you somewhat to hear, despite that you could not reasonably have expected them to remain loyal forever even after you left them behind to pursue your interests elsewhere.

This one did, though. Well and good. It takes you only a moment to decide that he's the new steward of the town, to take care of the little details beneath your notice. You have to reward good help somehow, after all.

A few half-hearted attempts were made by some wizarding governments to remove Crimson from the picture, but in perfect honesty they had all mostly already gotten used to this town being under Vampiric Dominion and hadn't really known it as un-ruled for long enough to particularly get their dander up about kicking out or killing the vampire. A few more, significantly more persistent and effective attempts came from actual Monster-Hunting organizations, both magical and non, and oh there's a couple interesting family names you recall~

None succeed, though. Well, of course they didn't. But aside from that, nothing significant happened until forty-ish years later, about thirty years ago, when Fudge arrived as an ambassador from Britain, 'just to keep an eye on things'. The barely disguised attempt at espionage, and the man's Squib status, amused Crimson enough to keep him around and pay him off with wealth, secondhand women, and a position of Authority-in-theory in exchange for feeding the Fudge in Britain only the information Crimson wanted to be known.

The man can't give too many details because he was, of course, still strung up in the town square the whole time and only heard snatches of other people talking about things happening outside of his range of hearing and vision. Well, you suppose you can't fault him for that. Much.

That aside, very little out of 'the usual' happened. The Fudge and Crimson worked the peasantry to death, sometimes literally, cut corners everywhere and refused any but the most paltry and insignificant of public works. As you had noted, even the shit of bedraggled beasts of burden is no longer swept, or in many cases as it shall soon need to be, shoveled off of the streets.

A quick check confirms that the home the Fudge was using is rather ridiculously opulent for such a worthless tenant. By contrast... Odd, you don't recall so much finery beyond the normal in the castle. It suggests that the ill-gotten riches Crimson acquired were mostly funneled somewhere else....

Interesting, and probably something to look into, though you doubt you will find significant clues as to where it all went.

In any case.... you can't really Fate anything on the spot. It's not... Well, it's not the sort of thing you can simply do at will, like transforming into bats, or regenerating, or casting Red Magic. It's an involved process, not just re-threading the strands of fate, but persistently making sure the stubborn bastards don't just shift back to how they were before, or snarl up and tangle confusingly, or just wander off and do their own thing. At bare minimum, an estimation of weeks arises. More likely, months.

If you were trying to make someone do something particularly against the grain, like for example, altering the probabilities of Patchy deciding to go outside and.... do anything, really, rather than lurk in her shelves all day of every day, then it can take quite a while to stick.

---

[ ] Continue as Remilia and...?
[ ] Speaking of Patchy...

Yes, both are still write-ins.
>>No. 56035
[X] Way to keep the faith, old man. Well, you're the new burgher or whatever. Pick out a list of names of those people that bent the knee, I'll want to see them again sooner or later.
[X] Remi should look into that fake Scarlet. That could be... okay, kind of tedious. But you can't just ignore stuff like that.
[X] Back to Patchy. What the heck has she been doing?
>>No. 56036
Come on Kahi, you gotta cut us some slack dawg. Altering the probability of someone deciding to do something they wouldn't do normally takes quite a while longer than months of focus? Whats the point of playing as Remi if her strongest ability amounts to nothing more than parlor tricks?

My personal Fanon saw Remilia as being able to instacrush niggas with some horrifically spectacular spectacle of fate, should she feel so inclined.

Well...whatever. I'll play by your rules. That just means I'll need to get a little more creative.

[X] Bring to bear and observe the myriad lines of Fate connected to the Dead Lord Crimson.
-[X] Manifest 100,000 bats and send them off to follow the most notable ones back to the opposite end.
-[X] Theoretically(and hopefully) only one should lead to a vampire. Regroup with Patch-Patch while awaiting the return of your cute pet(s).

The great thing about lines of Fate...is the fact that the're lines of fate.
>>No. 56038
Not 'Wouldn't normally do'.

More 'Strongly and violently opposed to this and will normally take almost any other choice available.'

'Leaving the Library for a bit' and 'Leaving the library for a bit, willingly' are two different things. Patchy, to continue the example, would normally be... not kicking and screaming the whole way, because she's not a kicky-screamy person, but...

Well, it's not leaving the library once. That's easy. Raising the probability of her deciding, at every point afterward, to increase the time she spends outside of it, or take up a hobby such as camping or hiking, and stick with it? Much harder.

And of course you could spend some time altering the fate of an object to affect that of its owner. That's less easy than a one-shot, but more so than a permanent alteration.
>>No. 56039
[X] Bring to bear and observe the myriad lines of Fate connected to the Dead Lord Crimson.
-[X] See if they can't be traced somehow. Not using bats- that may be how we got into this trouble to begin with. No, this requires a more delicate touch.
--[X] That touch is /blood familiars./ Let's see if that wannabe mayor has any squabbling yes-men laying around. Their blood is of simply awful quality, but it matters little when they are not consumed, but repurposed.

I'm pretty sure Red Magic can make flying homonculi out of flesh and bone and blood that can chase possible leads! If not, let us know.
>>No. 56040
[X] Way to keep the faith, old man. Well, you're the new burgher or whatever. Pick out a list of names of those people that bent the knee, I'll want to see them again sooner or later.
[X] Bring to bear and observe the myriad lines of Fate connected to the Dead Lord Crimson.
-[X] Manifest 100,000 bats and send them off to follow the most notable ones back to the opposite end.
-[X] Theoretically(and hopefully) only one should lead to a vampire. Regroup with Patch-Patch while awaiting the return of your cute pet(s).
[x] ...and back to Patchy
>>No. 56060
[X] Bring to bear and observe the myriad lines of Fate connected to the Dead Lord Crimson.
-[X] See if they can't be traced somehow. Not using bats- that may be how we got into this trouble to begin with. No, this requires a more delicate touch.
--[X] That touch is /blood familiars./ Let's see if that wannabe mayor has any squabbling yes-men laying around. Their blood is of simply awful quality, but it matters little when they are not consumed, but repurposed.

If Red Magic works that way it might be worth trying.
>>No. 56068
[X] Bring to bear and observe the myriad lines of Fate connected to the Dead Lord Crimson.
-[X] See if they can't be traced somehow. Not using bats- that may be how we got into this trouble to begin with. No, this requires a more delicate touch.
--[X] That touch is /blood familiars./ Let's see if that wannabe mayor has any squabbling yes-men laying around. Their blood is of simply awful quality, but it matters little when they are not consumed, but repurposed.
[x] ...and back to Patchy
>>No. 56072
What the heck is a blood familiar?
>>No. 56073
Basically, little constructs made of blood and viscera. It's basically playing Dracula, Castlevania Style, to create minor supernatural creatures that are essentially removed from a vampire's essence, but still obedient.

Not quite homonculus making, because I don't imagine them they'd be very permanent. But it's certainly safer than sending out parts of Remilia's bat-swarm on their own. Especially if whatever Fake-Remilia that's out there can consume the Real-Remilia's bats.

Temporary monster-making shoouuuld be a thing Remilia can do. They're basically minor blood-golems, after all.
>>No. 56078
>>56073

Killing people for something ridiculous and macabre such as what you seem to be suggesting really doesn't suit her image. It might work, of course, but would be horribly out of character in my humble opinion.
>>No. 56086
>>56078

Didn't... Didn't she just consign one of those guys to death? Remilia's a vampire- she might be a relatively /nicer/ vampire, but she's still a vampire. People she likes, or people she respects, or ones that serve her loyally are generally safe- but the scum of the earth? Why should she care about them?

She's a glowing beacon of charisma most of the time. Usually, she's haughty and domineering, but not always dangerous. But she can be- because at the end of the day, she's a vampire and a noble, and there is scum before her who have so quickly forgotten their place.

It's perfectly in-character to make an example of them- and to repurpose them into something useful to her.
>>No. 56104
Imagine, for a second, that our spell is successful, and we now stand before an army of blood puppets. How would we get these creations to fly? A general, imbue them with magic and now they fly because magic?

Or perhaps these "constructs made of blood and viscera" will grace us with a grand display of fine motor skills and ride broomsticks?

Maybe they don't fly, and are content to shamble across the countryside in pursuit of their target?

Let us ask our resident Blood Mage, mr. >>56073
for guidance.
>>No. 56112
> Imagine, for a second, that our spell is successful, and we now stand before an army of blood puppets. How would we get these creations to fly? A general, imbue them with magic and now they fly because magic?

Isn't this basically how broomsticks fly? And Touhous in general.

I'd imagine that they would work just fine within the magical paradigm we're working with, and that they could be made with rudimentary wings. Bats fly with wings of flesh, so if made properly, so should these things!

Probably.

>>56073 and >>56086 are both me, by the way.

(I'm pretty sure this could work? Ultimately, it's Kahi's decision. I just really do not think that sending bats after something that might have /come/ from one of Remila's bats to begin with is a good idea at all)

Edit: Reposted because I apparently cannot quote properly.
>>No. 56113
>>56106

I won't claim to know exactly how broomsticks are granted the majesty of flight in the HP universe, but I must say; shoving magic into an object until it can fly seems highly unlikely.

More realistically, I would hypothesize that an intricate array of motion controlled levitation charms, combined with permanent sticking charms are what grants them the ability to defy gravity.

Touhous fly because magic. I cannot refute that statement. However! our re-purposed yes-men are not Touhous. Thus, they do not enjoy the privilege of inherent, magical flight.

last, but certainly not least, Bats do not fly simply because they have wings. Bats fly because of a complex web of anatomy(involving numerous agonist and antagonist muscle combinations), extremely thin bones, and practiced muscle memory.

I guess our army of CMoBaV can learn to use their wings to fly, given a few days, but then we would have to suffer through the Babysitting the Blood Babies side-quest.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

As an even more unimportant side note, Remilia's clothing got destroyed in the blast, so she's been strolling around naked for a few updates.
>>No. 56114
>>56113

I'm willing to bet that Remilia's been around for at least long enough to know how bats flap about. Maybe not the specific mechanics, but at least the abstract.

But look at it this way, if the creatures are created properly, it can be the second task of Remilia's recently reclaimed village to teach these new servants how to fly!

Their first task is replacing Remilia's dress.
>>No. 56116
File 136504856870.jpg - (429.36KB, 850x614, sample_ec7876facf5b6e22ece8222fa77eb833.jpg) [iqdb]
56116
[X] Way to keep the faith, old man. Well, you're the new burgher or whatever. Pick out a list of names of those people that bent the knee, I'll want to see them again sooner or later.
[X] Remi should look into that fake Scarlet. That could be... okay, kind of tedious. But you can't just ignore stuff like that.
>>No. 56117
[X] Way to keep the faith, old man. Well, you're the new burgher or whatever. Pick out a list of names of those people that bent the knee, I'll want to see them again sooner or later.
[X] Remi should look into that fake Scarlet. That could be... okay, kind of tedious. But you can't just ignore stuff like that.
>>No. 56119
[X] Way to keep the faith, old man. Well, you're the new burgher or whatever. Pick out a list of names of those people that bent the knee, I'll want to see them again sooner or later.
[X] Remi should look into that fake Scarlet. That could be... okay, kind of tedious. But you can't just ignore stuff like that.
[X] Back to Patchy. What the heck has she been doing?
>>No. 56220
File 136537906591.jpg - (215.47KB, 850x602, What is even going on anymore.jpg) [iqdb]
56220
Well, that Fudge fellow was having fun being Mayor, you suppose. You guess the position is good enough to be filled.

Now then.

There is a special talent you have, to some degree. To manipulate fate, naturally, you must first understand fate. And so, you must learn of fates workings, the weighty press of events adding to one another and driving themselves and others forward in what is called 'destiny'. More, to look at what is, and even without the basic tools and crutches that magic provides, accurately determine what will be, if there is no outside interference.

It is of course generally massively more complex than this, for a novice. Still, you bear a mild personal interest in the tutelage of Divinatory arts, and understand that they are taught at Patchy's future workplace.

With multiple centuries of practice, of course, there are a great many short-cuts and things you can just outright bypass.

It comes at its own price, of course. Such things are seldom particularly simple and direct.

The threads of fate are knitted into a tangled web. Everything has a connection to everything that has encountered it, affecting what may or may not encounter it in the future. Twisting into less threads, and more of a snarled cloth. Picking out individual lines....

Difficult. Very much so. But not impossible.

The question is figuring out which of the relevant lines are actually, when it comes down to it, relevant. Which connection goes to someone important, who might show you a path to this false Scarlet, and which goes to a hairdresser, a tailor, just a desperate man in the street begging for change, or a shopkeep which sold a new set of cutlery? You can't tell outright what the connection is, only that there is one. A strong link, with many meetings could as easily be what you are looking for as it could be the Crimson fool's favored ale smuggler, and a tenuous one as easily a nonentity passed in the street as a discreet link met only very rarely.

It will take some time, but you should really follow up on this.

You stop breathing, and carefully drive your thumbs through your chest, each puncturing a lung. Then you wait, as they fill, holding the wounds open, only to withdraw them when you are good and ready for those wounds to heal. Then, you force your body to expel all of the gathered blood in a terrible retching noise, every last miniscule drop of the crimson spray transforming in mid-arc to a bat with subtly reddened fur.

You have to maintain more control of these than simply allowing animalistic impulses to scatter and survive, if they are to be at all useful, but it is the price to be paid.

Well now. Your own little village, back under your control. The mysterious 'other' you. Several independent orders of Monster Hunters, you don't doubt that the catholic and protestant churches may decide to make themselves involved....

In addition to Patchy's British magical government, noble vigilantes, and wicked terrorists, why, things are becoming most interestingly intricate~

Not for a moment does it cross your mind that Patchy might be upset by any of this.

... Though now that you think of it, perhaps you should start looking for a dress sometime soon. Far from you to deny the peasantry possibly the only glimpse of perfection they might ever see, but too much of a good thing and all of that.

---

You are Patchouli Knowledge.

And yes, it doesn't take you much contemplation at all to decide that Remi is doubtlessly going to make things more complex for you than a simple faction of werewolves splitting off to claim neutrality in the whole situation.

Greyback seems ready to leave, situation resolved. You should probably head off to more important things as well.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>>No. 56221
[X] Before you go, give Alistair control over the golems you left here. It would be annoying that they would just stand here if he is actually attacked. Or just leave an order to defend him.
[X] Return to the tower, then to Gensokyo. You should probably talk to the half-youkai about setting a bounty for live and whole students and teachers that woudl have crossed a portal. He would spread it amongst youkais so that you don't have to do it.

Yes! Quick, let's finish what we have left to do and move to next day for negotiations.
>>No. 56224
[X] Before you go, give Alistair control over the golems you left here. It would be annoying that they would just stand here if he is actually attacked. Or just leave an order to defend him.
[X] Return to the tower, then to Gensokyo. You should probably talk to the half-youkai about setting a bounty for live and whole students and teachers that woudl have crossed a portal. He would spread it amongst youkais so that you don't have to do it.

I'm going to trust we already got everything we planned to get as Patchy since last time.
>>No. 56226
[X] Before you go, give Alistair control over the golems you left here. It would be annoying that they would just stand there if he is actually attacked. Or just leave an order to defend him.
[X] Return to the tower, and move your purchases back into the library. Make a note of the possibility of posting a bounty with the half-youkai shopkeeper, then get some rest.
>>No. 56228
File 136538998153.jpg - (121.49KB, 647x900, d0623886c3dd0cff040e9531aabd3a38.jpg) [iqdb]
56228
[X] Before you go, give Alistair control over the golems you left here. It would be annoying that they would just stand here if he is actually attacked. Or just leave an order to defend him.
[X] Return to the tower, then to Gensokyo. Move your purchases into the library.
[X] You should probably talk to the half-youkai about setting a bounty for live and whole students and teachers that woudl have crossed a portal. He would spread it amongst youkais so that you don't have to do it.
>>No. 56229
Incidentally, I'll point out that going to Kourindou may give us another chance to talk with Tokiko.

If we want to bother with her now anyway.
>>No. 56237
[X] Before you go, give Alistair control over the golems you left here. It would be annoying that they would just stand here if he is actually attacked. Or just leave an order to defend him.
[X] Return to the tower, then to Gensokyo. Move your purchases into the library.
[X] You should probably talk to the half-youkai about setting a bounty for live and whole students and teachers that woudl have crossed a portal. He would spread it amongst the youkai so that you don't have to do it.

Also, a youkai that would still eat humans probably wouldn't understand the concept of a bounty. We might need to brainstorm on that topic a little more.

>>56229

I can't remember why we would take the time to do that. Would you care to enlighten us?
>>No. 56240
The complicated situation, compounded with the recent turn of events regarding Remilia and Yukari meddling in the outside world as well may require us to resolve to dealing with a host of open ends simultaneously and efficiently to make the most out of time.

[] Consider hitting many bats with one stone by kicking the school year off with providing copies of Akyuu's works on gensokyo and a Yukkuri caretaking project for the NEWT (6th, 7th yr) students, and then requiring the lower grades to review the products of the project: guides, one for each student or pair to the particular major Gensokyo power of each personal 'object of study' provided. These personal Yukkuri would be sterilized, of course.

{START OF NOTES}

You will

1) Provide an opportunity for some solid academic grounding.
2) Provide a true effort to safeguard the school's residents to the fantasy realm's many dangers and thus reduce your accountability to this (somewhat), by educating students (and teachers) about the major powers there.
3) Provide numerous opportunities for hilarious hijinks to entertain a certain gap youkai, without such hijinks being too dangerous. (Esp. in light of Yukari's city)
4) Provide a use for the library's pastry infestation, you would probably need to eradicate it otherwise to prevent total chaos.
5) Be efficient with your time.

The extra work involved would boil down to three things:

1) Arrange proper pastry transportation (easy)
2) Arrange copies of Akyuu's guide. Consider the small army of copyists you still have at the library.
3) Arrange searching for specimens of strands you do not yet have in your collection. Time spent on this most likely has diminishing returns.

It's important to plan in advance, getting copy(ies) of Akyuu's work would be a nice second objective when going to Kourindou anyway.

{END OF NOTES}

[] Consider using a few words during the opening ceremony to notify people to notify you of any strange portals to other words.
>>No. 56241
>>56240
Boring and not enough time left. And I doubt it would happen anyway.

>>56237
I can remember people being unhappy woth the missed chance last time, bit I can't remember what that would have resulted in.
>>No. 56243
(x) Alistair will soon have a pack of werewolves. It is the day of the Moon, isn't it? Experiment time.
(x) We shopped around for Snape's wine, Charity's battery and Grubbly-plank's tobacco. And a bunch of food for... Somebody or other. Flitwick's got a duel coming, though not today.That leaves, what, McGonagall's rum chocolates, some youkai plant for Sprout and whatever we're getting for Hagrid and the runes prof?
(x) Marisa was fishing for help with her house. Anything we want to squeeze out of her in exchange?
>>No. 56272
>>56228

[x] Change clothes to the ones in the picture. They are now the official teaching uniform, and no other clothes will be used while in Hogwarts/outside Gensokyo.

75% of the students will be guaranteed to pay attention to Patchouly.
>>No. 56283
File 136557317744.jpg - (117.02KB, 850x960, grue.jpg) [iqdb]
56283
It would be foolish to simply leave the golems inert and useless. At the same time, you don't see much point in simply destroying things so soon after you create them, when you might be forced to create something anew rather than have it waiting in the wings.

You alter their status, so that they will defend Alistair, if truly needed, and follow his commands.

..... No, you don't think you need to bother telling him about that. He'll find out on his own. Or not.

In the meantime, you have most of the shopping done. You still should pick up chocolate, maybe a plant, and some other nebulous things, but it isn't an immediate concern. For now, you should simply transport them home.

... It does not strike you until after you have done this, that you do not recall the Rumia youkai following you out of Alistairs, or entering your shadow.

This observation, however, is rendered of secondary concern at most when you return to your library to find Marisa, your assitant, and the spider working in concert to finish of a purple and sludgy roaring mass.

It grows still and bubbles a bit. And Marisa whirls on Koakuma.

"And that is why I said I needed seeds from the blue ones." She snaps.

"What difference does it make?" Koakuma snaps back, riled. "You needed flower seeds. The seeds are identical! The flowers are of the same species, the only difference is pigments in the petals. They still sprout red flowers almost every time, and finding blue ones is hard!"

"It's not the same! Even if they're the same in every other way, seeds from a red flower aren't the same as seeds from a blue flower!"

"That's ridiculous-"

"That's Magic."

Deep breaths are taken on both sides, and your shoulders tense as, clearly, both are a hairs breadth away from coming to blows.

Marisa is the first to turn away, barking orders to get windows open, 'or something', as you notice that the remaining sludge is steaming off into thin, and ominous, low hanging smoke that is slow to disperse.

"Get more, and make sure they're from the blue ones this time." is the witch's parting shot, as she kicks a chair out of the way in annoyance, and directs a greek golem to cleaning her workspace for a second attempt. He looks almost mutinous for a moment before settling into the work... a reasonable judgement call. Going by the state of the carpets, the mass was at least marginally caustic.

You remain unnoticed, for at least a few more moments, watching. And finally, Rumia steps out of the darkness near you. Her clothes have been cut through in a few places, and seem slower to mend than her body, and for the time being she is missing a hand beyond the thin wrist, only a slowly expanding black stump left behind. Nevertheless, she is smiling widely, with subtly reddened teeth.

The barest glance through your golems assures you that, whatever else, all of the ones at Alistair's manor are still functional, and he is unharmed.

---
>>No. 56285
>>56284

Next thread.
[Return][Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x