[Return]
Archived Thread

File 133135877375.jpg - (85.60KB , 850x850 , Briiiiide.jpg ) [iqdb]
40949 No. 40949
Thread Nine: Yukari's fun-fun haunted house game is still going strong.

>> No. 40950
File 133135898474.png - (10.32KB , 936x498 , attic.png ) [iqdb]
40950
The ceiling is slanted, in the room at the end of the passage, up a short trek of stairs. There's a single window, looking out onto the sharply sloped, damp and slippery looking roof.

More importantly, there's a stone dagger sitting on the small table at the other end of it. You collect the heavy, blunt knife and make your way quickly back to slide it into the other sheath.

As predicted, the statue's mouth grinds open, dropping....

"A... A voucher?" You say, a little stunned. "I thought there would be a key!"

"Um, sorry. I can't promise I'll know what a puzzle might have for you to find. Just if there's one in a given room, and how to solve them." Alyssa apologizes.

---

Competitors:
You- Bad condition, shirtless.
Rebecca- following your lead. Pleasant to touch. Doesn't seem to mind being touched much, protestations of matrimonial precedence to the contrary.

Jack- violated, strangled to death, resuscitated, and then stabbed to death
Chad- zombie-nommed?
???- Ax'd in the Grand Foyer
Serah- Trapped in the library, released.
Elaine- Zombie-nommed.
Janet- Possessed by Marie, shot in head, deceased?


Inventory:
Voucher 1
Voucher 4
Ticket x7
Ticket x2 (In Rebecca's care)
Token x5
Token x3 (In Rebecca's care)
47M
23M (In Rebecca's care)
Rusted Pocket-knife
Paring Knife
Unmarked Note-paper strips x6
Pressed Flower x2
Note + Sketch
Forest sketch
tin button
Glass Eye (blue)
Mop
Broken Mop (Rebecca)
Maid Outfit (Rebecca)
Tobacco Pipe
Matches
Unloaded flintlock pistol
Bronze Key
Bronze Key (Rebecca)
Silver Key
Silver Key (Rebecca)
Alyssa

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40953
[x] Proceed to parlor. Ask if there is a puzzle there.
[x] proceed to second floor.
>> No. 40954
[x] Compare the two vouchers you now have. Show them to Alyssa too, mybae she knows what they are.
-[x] Go back to the seond floor. Check every room for the puzzles, starting with the library.
>> No. 40955
Huh. I thought it'd be an eye.

[x] Confirm no puzzles remain in the attic, secret passage, and gallery.
[x] Cut down the bridal dress.
>> No. 40956
[x] Show her the Paper strips, flowers, Forest sketch, and button
-[x] Ask if they are part of any puzzle
[x] Proceed to parlor. Ask if there is a puzzle there.
[x] proceed to second floor.
>> No. 40957
[x] Confirm no puzzles remain in the attic, secret passage, and gallery.

Seriously, let's clean every room here before going around the whole mansion carrying the corpse of the bride.
>> No. 40958
Regarding puzzles, there might still be that axe one we hypothesized about in the study
>> No. 40959
There's nothing else hidden in the attic, secret passage, or the gallery, Alyssa avows as you carefully tie of the arms and slice them and the hem down to size. She's much easier to carry with all that weight gone. You guess you could say the same of anything. Just carrying around that mannequin's torso and head would be easier than the whole thing.

Still not easy, of course, and with one arm things are a little troubling, but that's why the mannequin has a carrying case, you suppose. You proceed to the parlor just outside.

"Anything here?" You ask.

"Yes." Alyssa replies, simply, and waits expectantly.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40961
[x] "Any hint you could give me? Just so I can know here the puzzle is and try to solve it?"
-[x] If she gives a hint, follow it. If not, check the table and any objects over it.
>> No. 40963
by the way, the pipe had 1475 etched on its side. Just worthy to remember it.
>> No. 40964
Probably checkers. So we have to go back down to the Maid's Assistant's room, to get the pieces.

While we're there, we should pick up the marble and jacks. With our puzzle solving ability, the marble is the second eye


[x] Ask if it is part of the game board
[x] Show her the Paper strips, flowers, Forest sketch, and button
-[x] Ask if they are part of any puzzle
>> No. 40965
is anyone else absolutely LOVING this?
>> No. 40966
>>40965
Kinda sorta.

I'm loving the fact that Kahi's throwing out updates like /th/ would if it was on crack, thought not too many of them are even really updates. Hell, If you combine the shorter updates together with some of the other shorter updates we'd still be on the old thread. But I digress.
>> No. 40967
[x]Note that you'd found a couple of tokens and the Black King in your previous search, was there something beyond that?
-[x]If there is, see if she's at least willing to get you pointed in the right direction before going into full-blown spoiler mode.
>> No. 40968
[x] Was that 1475 digital or regular?
[x] Press the first, fourth, seventh, and fifth black squares on the checkerboard. If that doesn't work, try 14th, 7th, 5th.
[x] Search everything. Including under the checkerboard

Rationale for that is in the previous thread.

1475 upside down is ... SLAl?
>> No. 40969
>>40965

I am. I never expect this to happen, but I'm very happy it did. Much better than wasting time trying to turn yukkuri into profit.

[x] Check everything again. Analize the game and see if it's important.
[x] "Any hint?"

I kinda feel bad for destroying the pipe. It felt like cheating, and the Insanity Voice might struggle with John if we break more stuff belonging to the mansion's Master. We should try to solve the puzzle ourselves, once we know what they are.
>> No. 40970
[x] Check everything again. Analize the game and see if it's important.
[x] "Any hint?"
>> No. 40971
"I found some tokens, and the Black King chesspiece." You note. "More than that?"

".... tokens?" Alyssa says, puzzled, then shakes her head. "Um. Yes."

You consider that, then press at the chessboard for a bit. Nothing happens, but then, given that you nudge it out of place, and can pick it up and move it... you didn't really expect it to.

"Alright. You can't give me any hints?"

"That... really wasn't part of our deal." She says, apologetically. "So..."

"Come on... please..?" You try.

"Um... I'm not asking for much, though." She says, still not hinting. "But... I remember pressing a couple of flowers in the books in the library. I'll tell you if you find them and give them back to me."

".... How would you even hold them?" You wonder.

"You know. The same way I held the other things. My stomach... doesn't really work any more. But I can keep some small things inside of me, and bring them back out if I need to. Right now, it's just that ring." Alyssa explains.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40973
I'm really, REALLY hoping there isn't a nasty surprise waiting for using Alyssa's help too much. I'll reread the initial description of the room first befoer voting.
>> No. 40974
Who needs flowers these days?

[x] Reexamine flowers
-[x] If nothing significant, give them to her
>> No. 40975
[x] Do not give her the flowers yet.
>> No. 40977
>>40974
Change my vote to just
[x] Examine teacups

I was too hasty in giving away our hard-found stuffs.
>> No. 40979
[x] Check the teacups on the large table first. Maybe the puzzle is there?
[x] If not, reexamine the rest, ask Rebecca if she notice anything.
[x] Give the flowers anyway, but ask her to hold on the answer for now. You should give the puzzle a try at least.

May as well make Alyssa happy.
>> No. 40981
[x]If all else fails, fork the flowers over.
>> No. 40982
[x] Check the teacups on the large table first. Maybe the puzzle is there?
[x] If not, reexamine the rest, ask Rebecca if she notice anything.
-[x] The table itself, the box again, under the table, chairs, etc.

Let's try to get most by ourselves, we'll run out of stuff if this keeps.
>> No. 40983
[x] Examine teacups.
[x] Try to lift box.
[x] Check under everything.
[x] Go to page 1475 in a book.
-[x] If one of the books is on history, go to 1475.

I got it! Maybe.
>> No. 40984
The teacups can be picked up and moved about, nothing odd there. So can the box.

You look beneath everything and don't find anything suspicious.

None of the books extend to page 1475, usually cutting off at around a thousand. Similarly, none of the books are on history.

Alyssa watches you fiddle around, with interest.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40987
[x] Put black king pieces (checkers style) on squares 1, 4, 5 and 7
>> No. 40988
I'd say to bring the books down to the library and try something there, but it sounds like the puzzle would be localized to this particular room(that is to say, the puzzle requires that something be done here as opposed to elsewhere).

[x]Fork over the flowers.
>> No. 40989
[x] Look for secret compartments in the furniture.
[x] Maybe something's taped to the cieling.
[x] Instead of solving one puzzle, can she give you hints for multiple ones?

Graaah
>> No. 40990
Wait. Are the books numbered/a part of a series?
>> No. 40991
[x] Ask Rebecca if she notice anything in particular or if she have an idea.
-[x] If she notice nothing, then give the flowers. You need to move forward.

It's hard to solve puzzles if you examine every object and yet still find nothing. Suddenly, I wonder if there's an actual penalty for asking too much help or Kahi realized we would just turn in circles and fall in to madness without help.
>> No. 40992
>You look beneath everything and don't find anything suspicious.

Does that mean you looked at the bottom of everything you lifted too?
>> No. 40994
[x] Are the books numbered/a series?
[x] Hold the books open downward so anything between the pages falls out.
[x] If no luck, take stock once again of everything in the room.
>> No. 40995
[x] Look for secret compartments in the furniture.
[x] Maybe something's taped to the cieling.
[x] Was there something about the tittles of the books? Volumes? Serials?
[x] Compare the number with the vouchers.

Crap, error, this might be duplicated.
>> No. 40996
There's nothing on the ceiling, and the books aren't numbered or, for the most part, even related to each other. A few quick taps suggests that the construction of the furniture is quite solid, with no hidden compartments.

You look at Rebecca hopefully, and she shakes her head. Damn.

You shake the books, hopefully. Nothing falls out. Actually, you checked them this way before, looking for tickets.

The number doesn't seem at all related to the codes on the backs of the vouchers.

"This one is... kind of hard, I guess." Alyssa notes, frowning. "I'll still solve it for just those flowers."

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40997
[x] hand the flowers over I guess.
>> No. 40998
[x] Well, nothing you can do. You need to move forward. Give the flowers and do as instructed.
>> No. 40999
[x] Instead of solving just one puzzle, can she give you five or so hints?
>> No. 41000
[x] "Tried my best."
-[x] Hand over the flowers.
>> No. 41001
[x]>>40999
>> No. 41002
[x] "Tried my best."
-[x] Hand over the flowers.
>> No. 41003
[x]Check box for secret compartment.
>> No. 41004
File 13313642457.png - (12.66KB , 937x497 , 3secretpassage2.png ) [iqdb]
41004
You sigh, and hand over the flowers, rustling them out of your pocket. Alyssa accepts them happily, and speaks.

"I remember picking those... it was on the day of the wedding. I kept them in a tiny vase for a while, and then I pressed them when they started to wilt, so I could remember.... Anyway. The puzzle. The first thing you need to do is imagine a clock."

"There aren't even any clocks in here." You object.

"No, that's what I'm saying. Imagine this room has a giant clock face drawn on the floor. Alright. Now, you want to make sure the windows are all closed before you start..."

Rebecca makes a startled noise, as something seems to click for her.

"And then you open them in the right order, more or less being the one at 'one' 'four' 'seven' and 'five' o'clock." Alyssa explains.

"Or the north window on the eastern wall, then the south, and then the west on the south, then the east." Rebecca says. "That's... that's diabolical. What kind of person would..."

"It didn't seem so hard for me..." Alyssa says, thoughtfully. "But... um. Back then, there was a tablesheet that looked like a clock face, so that helped, I suppose. But it got a bottle of wine stained on it that wouldn't come out, and it got thrown out, and... I guess it never got replaced."

Rebecca shakes her head as you see to the windows, and the secret passage opens.

---
>> No. 41005
>"That's... that's diabolical. What kind of person would..."

My thoughts exactly!

[x] 4th floor... Again!
>> No. 41006
[x] Upstairs

I hope we can solve the rest of the puzzles on our own. Really, an invisible clock?
>> No. 41007
File 133136442638.png - (10.59KB , 936x498 , atticroom2.png ) [iqdb]
41007
At the end of the passage is a stairway, leading to another small attic, similar to the first, but with the roof sloping in the alternate direction. On a hook on the wall, a Golden Key hangs.

---

Competitors:
You- Bad condition, shirtless.
Rebecca- following your lead. Pleasant to touch. Doesn't seem to mind being touched much, protestations of matrimonial precedence to the contrary.

Jack- violated, strangled to death, resuscitated, and then stabbed to death
Chad- zombie-nommed?
???- Ax'd in the Grand Foyer
Serah- Trapped in the library, released.
Elaine- Zombie-nommed.
Janet- Possessed by Marie, shot in head, deceased?


Inventory:
Voucher 1
Voucher 4
Ticket x7
Ticket x2 (In Rebecca's care)
Token x5
Token x3 (In Rebecca's care)
47M
23M (In Rebecca's care)
Rusted Pocket-knife
Paring Knife
Unmarked Note-paper strips x6
Note + Sketch
Forest sketch
tin button
Glass Eye (blue)
Mop
Broken Mop (Rebecca)
Maid Outfit (Rebecca)
Matches
Unloaded flintlock pistol
Bronze Key
Bronze Key (Rebecca)
Silver Key
Silver Key (Rebecca)
Gold Key
Alyssa

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41008
> "But... um. Back then, there was a tablesheet that looked like a clock face, so that helped, I suppose. But it got a bottle of wine stained on it that wouldn't come out, and it got thrown out, and... I guess it never got replaced."

Suddendly burning the mansion in a fit of insanity seems called for.

[x] 4th floor... Again!
>> No. 41009
[x] Grab the gold key and enter the master's quarters.
[x] Prepare yourself. It probably won't be pretty.
[x] Find a leash
>> No. 41010
From the Google docs:

me: Was there a way for us to find the cloth?
Kahitora: but it got you a Gold key, so there's that.
me: Diabolical, then, is fine
Kahitora: I'd like to say you could have found it somewhere, but no. That's just apparently a really hard one for no reason.
Also, I made the cloth up on that post.
So it never existed before she mentioned it.
>> No. 41011
[x] Grab the gold key and enter the master's quarters.
[x] Prepare yourself. It probably won't be pretty.
[x] Find a leash

Let's take a short break from puzzles, shall we, and instead get the brain bleach ready
>> No. 41012
>>41008 Here, ninja'd by the update

[x] Prepare yourselves to enter the golden room.
[x] Guard up, knife ready and eyes very open
[x]If nothing pops up, start searching.
>> No. 41013
[x] Prepare yourselves to enter the golden room.
[x] Guard up, knife ready and eyes very open
[x] If nothing pops up, start searching.

Huh, the key already? We should ask Alyssa if the basement is a way out or something else is after we're done.
>> No. 41015
>>41008
The last time somebody suggested this, I thought they were crazy. Now I can see their point. Even if the tablecloth never actually existed.

[x] Upstairs, check for puzzles.
[x] Switch rebecca's broken mop for your mop.
>> No. 41017
File 13313654796.png - (12.69KB , 937x497 , 3WestHall.png ) [iqdb]
41017
You pass through the gold door.

And into the lap of luxury, better and more well-maintained than the rest of the mansion. The walls bear fine wood paneling, and the carpet beneath your feet is plush and, you would guess, soft, in this hallway. At the end of the hall is a massive window, letting the light from outside in, but it doesn't stop there being an ornamental chandelier.

"This was His section of the house. He didn't let others in, much. Even I wasn't allowed up here, often. I still know secrets here, though." Alyssa says. "And I'll tell them to you, per our agreement. I'll go ahead an let you know for free, though: His bedroom is to the north. There's a balcony through the door right next to us, south, and the door further west to the south is his private baths."

"None of them are locked?" You muse.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41018
[x] Bedroom first

It will be a travesty if someone got here before us. Especially since we know that no one got here before the doors locked
>> No. 41019
[x] Search Bathroom

Balconies sound bad. Much too easy to get pushed off, and i feel like we should save the bedroom for last.
>> No. 41020
[x] Go north, get a shirt.
>> No. 41021
[x] No reason to go outside to the balcony. Bedroom s probably where a leash would be kept. Try it first.
-[x] As before, keep your guard up.
>> No. 41022
Kahi's gone till today (after midnight, and all). Have fun thinking of other puzzles, everyone
>> No. 41023
[x] No reason to go outside to the balcony. Bedroom s probably where a leash would be kept. Try it first.
-[x] As before, keep your guard up.
-[x] Have Rebecca cover your back while you move in this hallway, ambushes and what-not you don't want another stab in your back.
-[x] Give her the good mop.
>> No. 41024
[x] Was there anything else in that secret passage, attic, or the parlor?

Already voted, doesn't matter which I am.
>> No. 41027
[x] No reason to go outside to the balcony. Bedroom is probably where a leash would be kept. Try it first.
-[x] If you find two, you could tease Rebecca with it. She is wearing a maid uniform too..
>> No. 41028
[x] Talk to Alyssa while you check the place. Ask about her, the mansion, what happened, etc. Are they from the City too?
[x] No reason to go outside to the balcony. Bedroom is probably where a leash would be kept. Try it first.
-[x] If you find two, you could tease Rebecca with it. She is wearing a maid uniform too..
>> No. 41031
>>41029
Dunno if you're the same who's including the voice in vote, but would you kindly stop that? We get a bad end here, we get NOTHING. No zombie maid, no possibility moving to Rebecca's place (and we're still not out of the woods yet on that one, so I'm going to do everything possible to save her dammit).
>> No. 41032
>>41031

Geez, fine, whatever. I kinda like the voice, he's a cool guy/spirit/something and I find it/him actually interesting. But if what you say is true, then I'm will stop dicking around with it and save it for the more important/comical situations.

[x] No reason to go outside to the balcony. Bedroom is probably where a leash would be kept. Try it first.
-[x] If you find two, you could tease Rebecca with it. She is wearing a maid uniform too. It would be pretty nice, yeah...
>> No. 41034
>>41032
You know, Just because of retarded votes like these I'm almost kinda sad we arent aiming for a bad ending.
>> No. 41035
[x] No reason to go outside to the balcony. Bedroom s probably where a leash would be kept. Try it first.
-[x] As before, keep your guard up.
-[x] Have Rebecca cover your back while you move in this hallway, ambushes and what-not you don't want another stab in your back.
-[x] Give her the good mop.
>> No. 41036
Voice is totally the Demon Queen, show some respect guys.
>> No. 41037
[x] No teasing of Rebecca.
I already voted, but...
>> No. 41038
>>41037

Then please link your vote. It should make the tallying easier, when Kahi wakes up. I think.
>> No. 41039
[x] Bedroom
[x] Then baths
[x] Then balcony
>> No. 41040
[x] No reason to go outside to the balcony. Bedroom s probably where a leash would be kept. Try it first.
-[x] As before, keep your guard up.
-[x] Have Rebecca cover your back while you move in this hallway, ambushes and what-not you don't want another stab in your back.
-[x] Give her the good mop.
[X]If you find two, you could tease Rebecca with it. She is wearing a maid uniform too. It would be pretty nice, yeah...
>> No. 41042
Kahi, I'm loving these, really good work.

[x] No reason to go outside to the balcony. Bedroom s probably where a leash would be kept. Try it first.
-[x] As before, keep your guard up.
-[x] Have Rebecca cover your back while you move in this hallway, ambushes and what-not you don't want another stab in your back.
-[x] Give her the good mop.
>> No. 41043
[x] No reason to go outside to the balcony. Bedroom is probably where a leash would be kept. Try it first.
-[x] As before, keep your guard up.
-[x] Have Rebecca cover your back while you move in this hallway, ambushes and what-not you don't want another stab in your back.
-[x] Give her the good mop.
[X]If you find two, you could tease Rebecca with it. She is wearing a maid uniform too. It would be pretty nice, yeah...

No reason why not.
>> No. 41044
>>41043
I'm not sure how Alyssa would react...
>> No. 41045
>>41044

John knows a few things he could offer Alyssa.
>> No. 41046
[x] No reason to go outside to the balcony. Bedroom is probably where a leash would be kept. Try it first.
-[x] As before, keep your guard up.
-[x] Have Rebecca cover your back while you move in this hallway, ambushes and what-not. You don't want another stab in your back.
-[x] Give her the good mop.
[x] No teasing of Rebecca.
>> No. 41047
>>41045
I'd kiss her so hard. Amputee zombie moe.
>> No. 41049
Come to think of it, we'll need to ask Alyssa what she want to do. Does she want to leave too or does she want us to leave her somewhere before we go?
>> No. 41050
>>41049
Seconded. Totally.
>> No. 41051
[x] No reason to go outside to the balcony. Bedroom is probably where a leash would be kept. Try it first.
[x] No teasing of Rebecca.
[x] Ask Alyssa what she wants to do afterwards.

>>41049
Can't hurt to be nice in this instance.
>> No. 41052
>>41049

Having Alyssa hang around John's apartament watching over the yukkuri is an amusing one.

Actuall, having her work at the cafe is ane ven ebtter image. "Hello customer, welcome to the Limbless Zombie Cafe, where the coffee costs just an arm or a leg!"
>> No. 41053
[x] No reason to go outside to the balcony. Bedroom is probably where a leash would be kept. Try it first.
-[x] As before, keep your guard up.
-[x] Have Rebecca cover your back while you move in this hallway, ambushes and what-not you don't want another stab in your back.
-[x] Give her the good mop.
[X]If you find two, you could tease Rebecca with it. She is wearing a maid uniform too. It would be pretty nice, yeah...
[x] Ask Alyssa what she wants to do afterwards.
>> No. 41055
>>41052
It might be possible that, given enough Money, we might be able to buy Alyssa prosthetic limbs.
>> No. 41056
File 133142693381.png - (12.82KB , 937x497 , 3MasterBed.png ) [iqdb]
41056
Bedroom first. After switching so that Rebecca has the whole mop and you have the broken bit of wood.

The door swings open to a lavish suite fit for a king. There's a lump in the enormous bed, beneath the sheets. After a moment of staring, Serah sits up, blinking, wearing nothing but bandages over what look like they were glancing, barely-misses with something sharp. She blinks, and wipes a little drool from the corner of her mouth before seeming to realize the situation.

Then she colors, and draws the sheet up to her neck.

"G-get out! Perverted wretch! What are you even doing up here, I thought I had the only key!" She shrills, grabbing a pillow and hurling it forcefully to bounce of your face. It is, as expected, somewhat ineffectual.

The heavy-looking brass lantern she's started to reach for, however, probably wouldn't be.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41057
[x] "Put that down! Everyone else is dead"
>> No. 41058
[x] "Don't worry Serah, after wht happened, you've become unable to excite me."
[x] Any puzzle here? Start searching the room.
[x] See what she has learned/found.
>> No. 41059
Looks like Serah was planning on hiding in the bedroom until the game ended. Wouldn't come in first, but at least she'd not be last.

[X]Get out of the bedroom and close the door behind you. Talk through the door.
[X]Let her know the situation about the other players.
[X]Try to get her to at least follow you.
[X]If she refuses, just leave her alone and check out the other rooms.
[X]Make sure Rebecca is watching your back if you leave Serah there. No sense in getting knifed in the back by someone you know is there.
>> No. 41060
[X]Get out of the bedroom and close the door behind you. Talk through the door.
[X]Let her know the situation about the other players.

No sense doing the rest right away. We still need to search for the eye (and a leash) in case they're here. Because ultimately, the statue is probably the way out I think.
>> No. 41061
[x] Get out, close the door
[x] Say, over the door: 'Put some clothes on!'

Goddamnit, I hope there's any loot left.
>> No. 41062
obviously, Serah has a Gold key and a Silver key...
>> No. 41063
[X]Get out of the bedroom and close the door behind you. Talk through the door.
[x] Say, over the door: 'Put some clothes on!
[X]Let her know the situation about the other players.

Ok, kinda expected this, at least she was sleeping and not ambushing us.
>> No. 41064
You retreat, and hear the lantern thump heavily into the closed door, at about your head-height.

"Put some clothes on. This is much more about your sleeping habits than I ever wanted to know!" You snark through the door.

"Oh, yes, I always sleep unclad, and not just when I don't want to disturb bandages and am not expecting visitors." Sera shoots right back. "Don't you dare come back in!"

"Wouldn't dream of it." You say. Then take a deep breath, as you ignore the sounds of her hastily dressing.

".... I think you're the only other player alive." You admit, through the door. "Chad is... chad. I think the zombies got him. I hope. Maybe. That's probably what happened. He got that other guy, and Jack got.... Jack is dead." You say. "Janet is, she got possessed by this thing, the servant girl, or something. She's.... I think she's dead. She should be dead. She wasn't there when I looked again, but she couldn't... urgh. Zombies got the other girl, Elaine, through a window. She's gone. That leaves just... Rebecca, me, and... you."

You're answered by silence from inside the room.

"... What. You don't have anything to say about that, Serah? Like, anything at all?" You ask, through the door.

You're answered by silence, again. Not a peep or hint of activity from inside the bedroom.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41065
[x] Try asking what happened on her side. She did seem to get into trouble herself. Wait a bit if you get no answer.
-[x] Apologize for the sleeping with no clothes comment. You are going around shirtless yourself because of a wound.
>> No. 41066
[x] Try asking what happened on her side. She did seem to get into trouble herself. Wait a bit if you get no answer.
-[x] Apologize for the sleeping with no clothes comment. You are going around shirtless yourself because of a wound.
[X] Ask Rebecca to take a quick peek at the balcony and the bathroom. Open the door, take a look, close the door. Don't need her getting into a trap.
>> No. 41067
".... What's going on. Is something wrong, in there? Have you fallen, and you can't get up?" You say, trying to prod some sort of response out of her.

Nothing.

".... I'm sorry. That was a little rude of me. The sleeping comment, too, I mean... I'm walking around shirtless because I got stabbed, so..."

Still nothing.

Alyssa coughs.

"This would... um." She says, softly. "Probably be a good time to let you know. There's a secret passage. In his bedroom." She says, not quite making eye contact.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41068
[x] Where does it lead?

I'm going to guess basement... if so, then she doesn't need a silver key to have gotten up here.
>> No. 41069
[x] "Where does it lead?"
[x] Break in, check if she isn't hidden in any part of the dorm. Find the hidden passage
[x] Loot the dorm.

What should we do next, follow her or check the other golden rooms?
>> No. 41070
[x] Open the door, check carefully to confirm.
[x] Enter if she has left, start inspecting for the eye or a leash.
[x] Ask Alyssa if she knows where the passage lead to.
>> No. 41071
[X}SON OF A.
[X]Open the door with your back braced to it - you can use it as cover if she's attempting an ambush of some sort.
[X]If there's a secret passage, follow. If she closed it behind her, don't waste time searching for it - she'll be long gong by the time we figure out the puzzle, and if it's something like the library chessboard she might have taken a needed object with her.

5M on the secret passage leading to the basement.
>> No. 41072
[x] Where does it lead?
-[x] That puzzle is already solved or unsolvable already.
[x] Search the room anyway, we need that leash.
[x] Keep your guard up, ambush probability is high.
>> No. 41073
[x] Guard the stairs.
>> No. 41074
"Son of... Where does it lead?" You say, all but kicking the door down as you enter again.

Sure enough, Serah is long gone, without a trace of her having been here at all except for rumpled sheets on the bed.

"It goes to the Maid's room. A one-way passage, the entrance going into her chambers only opens coming from this way." Alyssa says. "It was convenient, for late night visitations, that he didn't feel like running into anyone on. Anyway. I can tell you how to open it."

"If I know her, she's probably taken a key piece to the puzzle with her." You grouse.

"No, she couldn't have." Alyssa insists, looking around. "And anyway, repayment won't be a problem, I'd just want...."

She glances around the room, and her eyes light on a simple gold band on the bedside table.

"Oh! That's... it's his wedding ring. He used it every time he would marry, and wouldn't take it off until...."

She trails off.

"So... you want it? You want me to break it?" you ask.

"No, I..." She says, thoughtfully, then shakes her head. "I want... I'll tell you how to open the door, but... I want you to wear it. Smugly. Like you'd stolen it from his pocket, and you were flaunting it." She says, stumbling over the words a little.

You glance around the room. Aside from the ring, there's the lantern, sitting on the floor. The sheets of the bed hang down to the carpeting. There's a desk, with papers and a pen, but no books visible. Maybe in the drawers. There's a statue of a screaming warrior-maiden, hefting a mace, and a few landscapes hung up on the walls as decoration, as well as a large chest of drawers.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41075
Please be cursed please be cursed please be cursed

[x] Wear it smugly.
>> No. 41076
[x] Put the ring on.
[x] Search the area for a bit.
[x] Go down the passageway
There probably is not another bronze key, but who knows.
>> No. 41077
Well, let's put ourselves in Serah's shoes.

She grabbed a lantern to throw at us, we closed the door...

[x] Pull the lantern.

I'm also getting seriously bad vibes from the wedding band.
>> No. 41078
[X] Do not put the ring on.
[X] Examine the walls and the floor underneath the bed. Find that passage.

Alright, creepy possession time is not something we should want.
>> No. 41079
[x] Pull the lantern.
-[x] Investigate the statue

Let's not do give in to Alyssa without even trying to solve the puzzle. Besides, unless Alyssa has a Bronze key, she can't get out (and we have 2)
>> No. 41080
[x] Inspect the statue

Might as well check the obvious trigger for a hidden passage before putting the ring on.
>> No. 41081
...I'm not so sure about that ring now. If he's in this place somehat, somehwere, this will definitely piss him off.

[x] Hang on a bit about the ring for now, you have no reason to return to the first floor for now.
[x] Start looting for stuff.
[x] While you look, talk with Alyssa. If she doesn't mind talking about it, what the hell happened at this mansion anyway?
-[x] Don't insist if she would rather not speak about it.
[x] Ask what she want to do when you'll be ready to leave. Does she want to stay or would she prefer to be taken away?
>> No. 41082
[X] Do not put the ring on.
[X] Just go downstairs and head her off.
>> No. 41083
[X] Do not put the ring on.
[X] Examine the walls and the floor underneath the bed. Find that passage.
>> No. 41084
Welp. I owe someone 5 Money - wait.

The Maid's Room? Isn't that where we left the maid where we were going to keep as 'loot'? Shit.

[X]Ask Rebecca to prepare to hit you if the ring is cursed.
[X]Wear the ring. Smugly. Maybe kiss Alyssa for good measure.
>> No. 41085
>>41084

The maid should be in the Lady's Room, not the Maid's room
>> No. 41086
File 133143134422.png - (13.01KB , 937x497 , Maidpassage1.png ) [iqdb]
41086
Well, you might as well cut to the chase. The ring looks ordinary enough, nothing special about it. You slide it on, and do your best to look... smug, you guess?

It seems to pass muster, as there's a far-away look in Alyssa's eyes for a moment, then she shakes her head.

"There's a button in the statue's throat." She says. "Deep inside. You might have to stretch to reach it. Once you press it, the door will slide open, and stay open until you shut it."

This bears out, and the door opens. You don't go immediately down, though. First you search the room. There's nothing much, except a ticket hidden behind the forest landscape, and that the chest of drawers contains clothes, which can only be expected. You guess you could put one of his shirts on, if you wanted.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41087
Oh damn, that's a lot of 'no, don't do this' votes I missed....
>> No. 41088
[x] Pull the lantern.
-[x] Investigate the statue
[x]If that finds the passage, wear the ring anyway.

She almost forgot to name a 'price' this time. No reason to deny her such simple wishes, poor girl.
>> No. 41089
>>41087
...I'm worried. Does that mean it's actually important? What will you do?
>> No. 41090
John is slowly becoming the Mansion's Master~

Both mentally, and now physically.
>> No. 41091
[x] Check the private bath first.
>> No. 41092
[x] Investigate room. Look for a leash, ask the voice in your hea if you have to.

We're missing two vouchers, for something that can only be good/important.

Also, leash for our lovely undead maido.
>> No. 41093
[x] Investigate room. Look for a leash, ask the voice in your hea if you have to.
>> No. 41095
[x] check out master's bedroom and bathroom before you go down.
>> No. 41096
Guys? We just did check the room. No leash.
>> No. 41097
[x] Put on shirt.
[x] Go to bathroom.

Remember, maid-chan is in the Wife's room. The maid's room is empty right now.
>> No. 41098
>>41089

No, it's just a plain, featureless gold band. No curse or any paranoia things. Just, if I'd seen all those votes before posting, I would have reflected your paranoia and reluctance to put it on and delayed while you checked things out.
>> No. 41100
The only other place with a Gold Lock is the basement, right? So the leashes are probably there.
[X]Do a quick search in the bathroom and balcony, take a peek at the mansion grounds, and then follow Serah.
>> No. 41101
[x] Ask Alyssa if there are anything in the maid room.
[x] Go check to see if Serah was able to get out of the Maid's room.

>>41098
This removes much of my raeg.
>> No. 41103
>>41100
...Sure we want to go the same way Serah used? What if she set something in case we followed her?
>> No. 41104
[x] Look for a leash, ask the voice in your hea if you have to.
>> No. 41106
...How about inspecting the others rooms first before trying the voice? Basement may be the place to go if it's one set for... a certain kind of 'activity'.
>> No. 41107
File 133143346381.png - (13.05KB , 937x497 , Bath3.png ) [iqdb]
41107
There's no leash in here. You take the time to pull on a shirt, though, before you stop to consider your next move.

"Is there anything in the Maid's room, below?" You ask.

"You mean... besides the passage down there? No, no that's all." Alyssa replies.

You consider this thoughtfully. Then you turn and head for the bathroom instead.

The only word for it is 'lavish'. The towels are thick and fluffy, the tub is set partially into the floor itself, and looks more like a small swimming pool, to be filled with hot water, bath-robes are hanging from hooks on the walls... it's very nice. The walls and floor are carved stone, with statues lining them, including a cyclops with it's eye put out menacing a diminutive man with a spear, several dashing heroic representations, a few sly nymphs and temptresses, and one that is outright pornographic, a king seated in his throne, recieving... eh... ministrations, from what you guess is his queen. Probably.

"There's a secret in this room. I'll solve it for... for, um. A..."

Alyssa breaks off for a moment, before continuing.

"For just... a little... k-kiss." She stammers. "J-just a peck... will do."

Rebecca is arching an amused eyebrow.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41109
D'awwwwwwwwwwww.
[X]Kiss her on the lips, warmly and gently.
>> No. 41110
[x] You know a few things you could offer her, more than just a kiss.

Now's the time.
>> No. 41111
[x] Kiss her.
[x] "Is there anything else you wish for Milady?"
[x] Roguish Smile. Can't forget that.
>> No. 41112
[x] Tempting as it is to do so right away, inspect closely first. You shouldn't just let your brain sleep all the time.
-[x] Tell her that if she seems a bit upset you're not giving her one immediately.
-[x] Incidentally, wonder if there isn't some sort of pattern showing up in her requests.
[x] Talk with Alyssa while you inspect the place. What happened here anyway, if she doesn't mind telling?

...I'm starting to see a pattern in requests. What do you think guys?
>> No. 41113
Can we try to solve the puzzle this time?

[x] She's solved the last three puzzles. You wanna try.
[x] Poke the eye of the cyclops.
[x] Push the head of the queen down.
[x] Generally mess with all the statues in whatever ways you can think of.
[x] Play with taps.
>> No. 41114
>>41112
Ring for the proposal,
Dress for the wedding,
Flowers for the bouquet,
Ring (yours) for the exchange,
Kiss to seal the deal.
>> No. 41115
[x]>>41112

This guy know's that he's got two heads and is thinking with the right one, Unlike most anon here. Seriously, We havent even /attempted/ to solve a single puzzle yet, just opting out the easy way. And I doubt Kahi would make taking the easy way out the good way. But, If you really want to fuck up the story for a person with no limbs who is undead, Sure, Go ahead.
>> No. 41116
[x] Tempting as it is to do so right away, inspect closely first. You shouldn't just let your brain sleep all the time.
-[x] Tell her that if she seems a bit upset you're not giving her one immediately.
-[x] Incidentally, wonder if there isn't some sort of pattern showing up in her requests.
[x] Poke the eye of the cyclops.
[x] Push the head of the queen down.
[x] Generally mess with all the statues in whatever ways you can think of.
[x] Play with taps.
[x] Ignore voice.
>> No. 41117
[x] She's solved the last three puzzles. You wanna try.
[x] Poke the eye of the cyclops.
[x] Push the head of the queen down.
[x] Generally mess with all the statues in whatever ways you can think of.
[x] Play with taps.
>> No. 41118
>>41111 here.
please add [x] Ask her not to tell you the solution now as you'd like to figure it out yourself.

I feel sorry for Alyssa, man. Might as well put that kiss on credit.
>> No. 41119
You're.... tempted. Yes. But still...

"I should at least try to solve the puzzle on my own." You say, thoughtfully.

"It's... pretty easy. I think." Alyssa admits.

You go around the room. Taps don't seem to do anything odd. Nothing hidden in the cyclops' ruined socket. The queen's head doesn't move down, though you feel a little awkward trying that. In fact, none of the statues move, as far as you can tell.

That one in particular is really graphic, though. It could have at least been carved with her seated, instead of kneeling and displaying herself like that. It's hard not to stare.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41120
Why is it alway us that do thing Alyssa want. Let Rebecca deal with this one if we ask for help.
>> No. 41121
[x] Sigh, stick fingers up there. Or the pistol. The master of the house probably used it the obvious way, and that's just unsanitary.

It's all for the treasure, Johnny boy.
>> No. 41122
[X]Fondle that ass? It is on display, maybe there's a reason.
>> No. 41123
>>41112 here

Just remembered >>41098. If doing requests was dangerous, then Kahi would have been forced to change that update. The other thing may simply be that Kahi is tired of the game and want us to finish this quickly and return to normal.

Still, we can always save the kiss for later anyway. And the pipe doesn't exactly fill the pattern. For now.

[x] As awkward as it is, see if a part of the statue move or something. Considering the master's life and tastes, this may just turn up a room for his 'activities'.
>> No. 41124
... Really?

[x]Use our fingers to... search inside... the Queen statue.

Hopefully we don't need to use other parts to for this - Rebecca might enjoy watching, but we have Alyssa here too, and it's creepy doing this to a statue.
>> No. 41125
[x] Sigh, stick fingers up there. Or the pistol. The master of the house probably used it the obvious way, and that's just unsanitary.
[x] If that doesn't work, try pulling on the towel hooks.
[x] If that fails, see if the little dude's spear can move and stab the cyclops.
>> No. 41126
You try to...

Well, there's things. Which you try to do. It doesn't pan out. While carved in incredible detail, it's still stone, and there don't seem to be any actual openings within.

You feel a little awkward from Rebecca and Alyssa watching you try, though.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41127
>cyclops' ruined socket

If I read that the wrong/right way.

[x] PUT THE GLASS EYE INSIDE THAT
-[x] If that fails, go for the queen, ok?
>> No. 41128
Damm, Ninja'd, anyway, just ignore the go for the queen part.
>> No. 41130
[X]Glass eye in the cyclop's socket.
>> No. 41131
[x] If that doesn't work, try pulling on the towel hooks.
[x] If that fails, see if the little dude's spear can move and stab the cyclops.
[x] See if glass eye fits cyclops.
[x] Check if warrior is made of tin. Could he be missing a sheild?

Why are all these puzzles so /evil/?
>> No. 41132
[x] Try moving the spear into the eye.
[x] Try pulling on the towel hooks.
[x] If everything fail, comment that this isn't helping your self-esteem at all.
[x] Kiss Alyssa's forehead, groan at missing the obvious once she point it out and do as instructed.
>> No. 41133
Guys, do you know we have missed an important statue? (The king)

Add to the Ninja'd Capslock post:
[x] If that fails, examine really closely the king.
>> No. 41134
[x]Examine the throne itself
>> No. 41135
File 13314358983.png - (13.11KB , 937x497 , SecretLift.png ) [iqdb]
41135
The blue glass eye clicks into place.

A door opens in the corner, revealing a lift. Alyssa looks a little relieved and a little disappointed, in the same motion. Rebecca just looks a little disappointed.

"Anyway... that will go down to any floor below this one, and a door will open from the lift-side." She explains.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41136
[x]Do a general sweep for loot, then head for the Balcony. Be careful when you do it though.
>> No. 41137
[x]Do a general sweep for loot, then head for the Balcony. Be careful when you do it though.
[X]Kiss Alyssa anyways.
>> No. 41138
[x]Do a general sweep for loot, then head for the Balcony. Be careful when you do it though.

My god, we actually solved one!
>> No. 41139
[x]Do a general sweep for loot, then head for the Balcony. Be careful when you do it though.
[x] If the eye comes out, take it along for now.
>> No. 41141
[x]Do a general sweep for loot, then head for the Balcony. Be careful when you do it though.
[x] Give Alyssa a little french kiss anyway.

Let's be kind.
>> No. 41142
[x] Do a general sweep for loot.
[x] Ask if there's something at the balcony.
-[x] If not, give a quick check from the door withotu entering.
-[x] If yes, be extra careful. No telling what's out there.
[x] In any case, take the eye before going. You may need it again and you shouldn't lose it.

Dammit, I hope that eye is also used for the other statue. I really don't want to think we're actually missing two.
>> No. 41143
[x]Do a general sweep for loot, then head for the Balcony. Be careful when you do it though.
-[x]"Does this go right to the Basement?"[x]Remember to take the glass eye with you, Serah is still around and don't wanna miss your dungeon bypass.

Ok, so that eye wasn't for the angel statue, or maybe it is, just in the "stone dagger puzzle"-way.
You know? I don't think Alyssa has an ulterior motive for all this, she's just a poor hopeful woman who wanted a nice romantic marriage, and she's just projecting it in John, because he's the only men she's seen in... ages?

Also FUCK YEAH! One point for us!
>> No. 41144
[x]>>41138

Dear god, we did? And what does anon do? Decide to kiss her anyways.
>> No. 41146
[x]See if you can take the glass eye out
[x]Give Alyssa a kiss anyways.
[x]Head to the balcony, and be careful. Ask for Rebecca to keep an eye out for anyone coming up behind us.
>> No. 41147
I can already feel the vertigo.

[x]Give Alyssa a kiss anyways.
[x]Before we go, sweep the room for loot. Check if the spear can be removed and wielded? Probably not, but it might be possible.
[x]Head to the balcony, and be careful. Ask for Rebecca to keep an eye out for anyone coming up behind us while we check it.


God, how often am I going to revise this?
>> No. 41148
[x] Do a general sweep for loot.
[x] Ask if there's something at the balcony.
-[x] If not, give a quick check from the door withotu entering.
-[x] If yes, be extra careful. No telling what's out there.
[x] In any case, take the eye before going. You may need it again and you shouldn't lose it.
>> No. 41149
>>41147
>diminutive man with a spear

Alas, no luck there.
>> No. 41150
[x]Give Alyssa a kiss anyways.
[x]Before we go, sweep the room for loot. Check if the spear can be removed and wielded? Probably not, but it might be possible.
[x]Head to the balcony, and be careful. Ask for Rebecca to keep an eye out for anyone coming up behind us while we check it.

Nothing wrong with giving her a little kiss.
>> No. 41151
>>41147

I F5'd like a mad man and keep getting Ninja'd by the updates, so yeah just try to get lucky.
>> No. 41152
File 133143681390.png - (13.06KB , 937x497 , Balcony.png ) [iqdb]
41152
Excellent! You solved it on your own! You're so happy you could kiss someone!

In fact, you think you'll do that right now!

Alyssa is a little startled when you grab her up, but she seems to melt into you after a moment, as her eyes close. She's cold to the touch. She doesn't object to a testing tongue-probe, either, though again, the inside of her mouth is cold.

She's blushing very blue when you pull away. The door closes again when you pull the eye back out of the cyclops' socket, and you move on to the balcony.

"I... I can, you've, um... already paid, f-for this, so..." Alyssa stammers, still not over the smooch. "... I can solve this one for you. Whenever you want.

You're not sure what the puzzle would be, since there's just a small table and tea set out, with a pair of knight-statues to the sides of the room, and a wide, open balcony with no glass between you and the open air.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41153
[x] Whatever you do, DO NOT go anywhere near the edges.
[x] Check the statues.
>> No. 41154
[X] Examine the table, the tea, and the statues.
[X] Take a peek down. Maybe we can see what the zombies are up to?
>> No. 41155
[x] Check the Knight statues
[x] Check the tea set.
>> No. 41156
[x] Inspect the Knights.
[x] Look under the helmets or any other movable piece of armor
[x] Try to get their weapons, if any, switch them around if possible
[x] Inspect teacups.
[x] Inspect table, under the table, the chairs, under the chairs.
[x] Inspect the table-cloth.
[x] Try to not fall.
[x] Be careful of sudden falling syndrome secondary to psycho-exes.

Save our free puzzle for the Basement, I think we'll need it.
>> No. 41157
[x] Inspect knight statues, table, and tea set.
[x] Not yet.

Are these chess knights or regular knights?
>> No. 41159
Guys, after the window attack all of a sudden, you sure you want to tempt fate by looking down?
>> No. 41160
[x]Go back to the master bedroom first and shut the secret passage, just in case, then come back to look around.
[x]Avoid the edges, and suggest to Rebecca that she does the same.
>> No. 41161
The table is set for tea, and has some very cold, tepid liquid sitting in the teapot and the bottom of the cups. You can't find anything else.

The statues are of knights, facing inwards toward each other, with large shields set before them. They look heavy. There seem to be traces of scratches on the floor, varnished over, where they were moved into place.

The railing on the balcony is about hip-height. You still don't want to get too close.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41162
[x] try moving/rotating the statues
>> No. 41164
[x] Swap one shield for the other.
>> No. 41165
[x] Check if you can move the knights.
>> No. 41166
[x] Try turning the knights.
[x] Try moving the knights.

So I'm thinking we have to turn the knights according to the handles on the teacup, or set them up so they're having tea.
>> No. 41167
[x] Try to move the shields
[x] Try to make the knights face outwards
[x] Keep wary of the edges
[x] Hey, is there something in the walls? flags? curtains, a roof of some kind?
>> No. 41168
We still have a match, right? Maybe we need to serve the knight statues tea?
[X]Light the match and use it to heat up the tea.
[X}Pour the tea into the cups and serve it to the knights.
>> No. 41169
The shields are part of the statues, all one solid piece, and can't be removed.

The statues can be moved though, it seems. Not easily, though. They're really heavy. Turning them is actually much harder than sliding them along the floor.

There doesn't seem to be anything odd about the wallpaper, or the ceiling.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41170
[x] Move the knights to the table.
[x] If that doesn't work, carefully inspect the railing. Also feel for a hidden catwalk of glass or something.
>> No. 41171
>>41170
No way we're approching the railing without a good reason.

[x] Ask Alyssa, do as instructed.
>> No. 41172
[x]Examine the floor more closely, look to see if those scuff marks lead to particular spots. If they do, move the statues to those locations.
>> No. 41173
[x] Where do the scratches in the floor lead?

Damm, that's what happens when we get confident.
>> No. 41174
[x]Examine the floor, look to see if those scuff marks lead to particular spots. Move the statues to those spots.
>> No. 41175
[x] Turn the knights towards the balcony.
>> No. 41176
[X]Move the statues to the table.
[X]Serve the statues tea.
>> No. 41177
>>41171
A good reason would be not wasting our free puzzle bypass, and rebecca must be guarding the entrance anyway. Don't give up so soon.
>> No. 41178
[x] These knights are really heavy. Could you just ask Alyssa if moving them to a certain position would work?
[x] Move the knights to the table.
[x] Switch the statues.
[x] If that doesn't work, carefully inspect the railing. Also feel for a hidden catwalk of glass or something.
>> No. 41179
The scratches on the floor lead... to the place where the knights were initially sitting. Looking at them now, it appears that a pad was installed beneath them afterwards, in case they had to be moved again. It was probably an oversight that they weren't on the statues to begin with, when they were first moved into the room. In any case, shoving them around no longer leaves scratches on the expensive wood flooring.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41180
>>41177
Not good enough. Not if we can just get grabbed and die.
>> No. 41181
[x] These knights are really heavy. Could you just ask Alyssa if moving them to a certain position would work?
[x] Move the knights to the table.
[x] Switch the statues.
[x] Take the teacups in the parlor to the table.
[x] If that doesn't work, carefully inspect the railing. Also feel for a hidden catwalk of glass or something.
>> No. 41182
[x] These knights are really heavy. Could you just ask Alyssa if moving them to a certain position would work?
[x] Move the knights to the table.
[x] Switch the statues.
[x] If that doesn't work, carefully inspect the railing. Also feel for a hidden catwalk of glass or something.

>>41180 The only human around besides us is Serah, and she has no reason to run away from us and then run back towards us. We stayed away from chasing after her because we didn't want to risk her ambushing us.
>> No. 41183
[x] move the statues off of where they are now. Look at what's underneath them.
>> No. 41184
>>41180
Grabbed by what?
>> No. 41185
[x]If the knights are positioned by a wall, move them out of the way and check the walls they were against.
[x]Failing that, move them around a bit and see if anything clicks.
[x]Failing that, ask Alyssa
>> No. 41186
Regarding tea... there's some tea cups in the parlor. That might be the puzzle, rather than randomly playing with statues

[x] Bring the tea cups from the parlor to the table
>> No. 41187
>>41184
This is a survival horror setting. I would rather not tempt fate to decide to add something other than zombies.
>> No. 41188
I'm >>41182, and I want to add this to my vote:

[x] Bring the tea cups from the parlor to the table
>> No. 41189
[x] These knights are really heavy. Could you just ask Alyssa if moving them to a certain position would work?
[x] Move the knights to the table.
[x] Switch the statues.
[x] Take the teacups in the parlor to the table.
[x] If that doesn't work, carefully inspect the railing. Also feel for a hidden catwalk of glass or something.
[x] Maybe the teacups in the parlor might be of use.

Running out of ideas, man this puzzle is hellish.
>> No. 41190
If you ask Alyssa, she'll just tell you the answer. You don't want to go quite that far, just yet.

Heaving the knights around is sweaty work. You're fairy sure that this shirt is ruined, now. But moving them to the table, and then switching their position, does nothing.

Moving the teacups in from the parlor doesn't seem to do anything at all except add a great deal more teacups to the table. That didn't pan out.

You very cautiously approach the railing, and can hear zombies far below. Inspecting it closely, you find a switch on the underside.

Flipping it doesn't seem to do anything.

---

[ ] What do you do.
>> No. 41191
>>41187
Well, if the setting is consistent the other thing that might pop-up is ghosts, but those are covered by the possessed people and maybe uncorporeal, there are zombie!dogs out there, but we're in the third floor. So far there's no mutant zombies, just "shamblers" so a Tyrant-type might be taking it too far, unless it's the Final Boss or something .
>> No. 41192
[x] Ask Alyssa about the switch. Pray it didn't allow zombies inside.
>> No. 41193
[x] Peek back inside, see if anything changed.
>> No. 41194
[x] Look for more switches
>> No. 41195
[x] Reset knights and activate the switch to see if something changes?
-[x] If switch is active, is there a change in the other rooms? Bedroom, Bathroom and whatever is the other one?
>> No. 41196
[X]Peek back inside, see if anything's changed.
[X]Pat down the knights - maybe there's a false compartment, or something?
>> No. 41197
[X]Peek back inside, see if anything's changed.
[X]Pat down the knights - maybe there's a false compartment, or something.
[X]Heat the tea with a match, and serve it to the statues.
>> No. 41198
The switch seems to do exactly nothing to anything. And it has the same result when the knights are in their original positions. Try as you might, you cannot find another switch in the room.

The knights are solid stone, and don't seem to have any secret compartments. Heating the tea and attempting to serve it to them merely results in getting their helmets wet.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41199
[x] Ask Alyssa hwat to do.

We will just have to pay her price again, for the enxt puzzles.
>> No. 41200
[x] Admit your incompetence and stupidity and ask Alyssa
[x] Curse at yourself for not being brilliant enough to solve this hellish puzzle.
>> No. 41201
[x]Ask Alyssa. Prepare to kick yourself.
>> No. 41202
[x] Admit your incompetence and stupidity and ask Alyssa
[x] Curse at yourself for not being brilliant enough to solve this hellish puzzle

A rational man knows when to fold.
>> No. 41203
[x] Ask Alyssa for clues on every puzzle instead of solving this one directly.
>> No. 41204
File 133144107685.png - (18.40KB , 938x498 , 2floorbalcony.png ) [iqdb]
41204
"I... can't figure this out." You admit. "So..."

"For this, you just move the statues right up next to the balcony railing itself." Alyssa explains. "It takes some doing, but you need to get the weight there for the switch to activate. Anywhere will do, so long as it's next to the railing. Then, flip the switch, and the outer section of the balcony will work as a lift, lowering you to the second-floor balcony."

"That... that seems like some bizarre construction work was involved." You muse, thoughtfully. Alyssa shrugs, granting the point.

The second level balcony has an armchair, a small table with a half-empty bottle of wine and a glass, and several landscape paintings on the wall.

You make quick work of looting the place, checking all the usual suspects, and locate four tickets behind the paintings.

Still no sign of a leash. The moanings of zombies are louder, given that you're a floor closer to them. Just flipping the switch brings you right back up, it seems.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41205
[x] The attic you didn't check when you got the golden key: check it now.
[x] As usual, keep your guard up when moving.
>> No. 41206
[x] Thank Alyssa with another kiss
[x] Take the lift down to the Lady's Room

Time to use our ill-gotten gains (aka the one puzzle we solved by ourselves)
>> No. 41207
[x] The attic you didn't check when you got the golden key: check it now.
[x] As usual, keep your guard up when moving.

I forgot, those bloody footprints in the map were always there? If not, SHIT.
>> No. 41208
[x] Check how the maid is doing.
[x] Check the other rooms for more puzzles.
[x] Ask Alyssa if she knows anything about the vouchers.
>> No. 41209
[x] Don't kiss Alyssa.
[x] Take the lift down to the Lady's Room
>> No. 41210
>>41207
Examined before:
>It looks like the maid's feet, roughly. You guess... she's done downstairs, and needs to wash up and change before she starts cleaning, or something?

Don't worry, I wasn't sure either.

>>41206
Apart from going to the basement, I see no reason to use the lift to go to places already explored.
>> No. 41211
[x] Go to the second floor's Lady's room.
>>41207
Footprints are maid-chan's
>> No. 41212
[x] Check how the maid is doing.
[x] Check the other rooms for more puzzles.
[x] Ask Alyssa if she knows anything about the vouchers.
>> No. 41213
[x] Thank Alyssa with another kiss
[x] Take the lift down to the Lady's Room
>> No. 41214
[x] Don't kiss Alyssa.
[x] Check how the maid is doing.
[x] Check the other rooms for more puzzles.
[x] Ask Alyssa if she knows anything about the vouchers.
>> No. 41215
If you didn't seem to need to leave the eye-ball behind when you use the lift, you would make use of it. Since you do, you head down to the Lady's room through normal means.

The maid is still sitting there, quietly sewing bits of cloth back into her uniform. She looks to be close to finished.

"Anything else in here?" You ask.

"Aside from the lift? No. But you can't open it from this side anyway, and it goes to every floor down." Alyssa says.

---

Competitors:
You- Left arm barely useful.
Rebecca- following your lead. Pleasant to touch. Doesn't seem to mind being touched much, protestations of matrimonial precedence to the contrary.

Jack- violated, strangled to death, resuscitated, and then stabbed to death
Chad- zombie-nommed?
???- Ax'd in the Grand Foyer
Serah- Trapped in the library, released.
Elaine- Zombie-nommed.
Janet- Possessed by Marie, shot in head, deceased?


Inventory:
Voucher 1
Voucher 4
Ticket x11
Ticket x2 (In Rebecca's care)
Token x5
Token x3 (In Rebecca's care)
47M
23M (In Rebecca's care)
Rusted Pocket-knife
Paring Knife
Unmarked Note-paper strips x6
Note + Sketch
Forest sketch
tin button
Glass Eye (blue)
Broken Mop
Mop (Rebecca)
Maid Outfit (Rebecca)
Matches
Unloaded flintlock pistol
Gold Ring
Bronze Key
Bronze Key (Rebecca)
Silver Key
Silver Key (Rebecca)
Gold Key
Alyssa

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41216
[x] Ask Maid to fix your arm
[x] Carefully check out Maid's room
-[x] Serah may still be there

Depending on if Serah has a Bronze key, she might not be able to get out of the Maid's room. She probably does, though.

And the Maid may be able to stitch up our arm. It'll hurt like a bitch, but I'd prefer having two working arms
>> No. 41217
[x] If the gash in your arm can be stitched in a few stitches, have the maid try and fix it.
>> No. 41218
[x] check the rest of the second floor for puzzles except for the Maid's room
[x] Check to see if Serah is in the maid's room by calling out to her through the locked door.
[x] once done, recon the first floor to make sure no zombies got in.
>> No. 41219
>>41216
i don't think stitching your arm would help. It's weakened due to the trauma and damage to it. If you were to sew it up now the muscle and joints would still be damaged. Plus, sewing it up would just cause points of damage, and can further exacerbate the condition. It worked for Alyssa because she's dead. You're (still) alive.
>> No. 41220
[x] Ask Maid to fix your arm.
[x] Check rest of floor for treasure, staying away from maid's room.
[x] Carefully check out Maid's room.
-[x] Serah may still be there.
-[x] Be careful not to let her out accidentally.

MAID! FIX MY ARM!
>> No. 41221
[x] Ask Maid to fix your arm
[x] Carefully check out Maid's room
-[x] Serah may still be there.
-[x] Knife ready
-[x] You've searching everywhere, is the leash finally there?

Well, that was the room we never got anything out but a few tokens and the maid outfit of Rebecca. Maybe the leash will be there?
>> No. 41222
It goes every floor down?
[X]Use the lift to go to the basement.
>> No. 41223
[x] The attic you didn't check when you got the golden key: check it now.
[x] As usual, keep your guard up when moving.

Guys, what in hell's name make you thing you'll stand the pain of having the arm stitched without numbing it first?
>> No. 41224
You do realize that there's no anesthetic around, right? Alyssa can't feel pain, John can. Not to mention that the needles aren't sterile, so it'd probably get infected.

[x]Try taking the elevator down to the basement.
[x]Don't ask the maid to stick sharp bits of metal through your skin repeatedly.
>> No. 41225
>>41222
Are you sure? If we use it then we probably can't go back up, plus we know that Serah can open both silver and gold locks, so it is probable (as by logic there are 3 silver keys, so there is most likely more than just 2 bronze ones) that she can take possession of the eye as you're checking out the basement. We should probably keep the eye in or possession for now.

That being said, I'd like to find out if the lift is one-way or not
>> No. 41226
>>41221 Remove the bit about the maid stitching the arm. We never had the wound cleaned, nor applied antibiotics, while suture might be called for in case of gashing wounds, the materials, the wound and the one who will be doing it are more than contaminated (undead and all), so it will make it more than likely that we'll get a nasty infection later for little to no gain.
>> No. 41227
You quickly remove the shirt and bandaging tourniquet you had on, and approach the maid.

"Hey... Hey, can you fix... you know, this?" You say, trying to get across what you mean by displaying the wound and pointing at it.

She pats her lap, and you quickly lie down across it.

Then one arm holds you in place while the other stabs you repeatedly with a needle, drawing thread through your flesh like cloth, holy crap, this is incredibly painful, why did you think it was a good idea.

You black out for a bit.

When you wake up, she's finished and left you on the floor as she returns to working on her uniform.

.... No wonder they usually have pain-killers for this sort of thing. Anyway, you can move your arm a little more now, but still not too much. With the wound itself stitched closed, though, you don't seem to need the bandage or tourniquet any more, and so just put the shirt back on.

Serah isn't in the maid's room. Neither is the leash, though it wasn't there the first time, either.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41228
And guys, there's still a place left unexplored apart from the basement: attic where we found the golden key.
>> No. 41230
[x] The attic you didn't check where you got the golden key: check it now.
[x] As usual, keep your guard up when moving.

Those who voted for having arm stitched: congrats on wasting more time.
>> No. 41231
>>41226
>>41224
Finally some common sense! Having the maid sew you up especially on a jointed area like the shoulder is much more dangerous than you think. Hint Hint: Sewing thread can cut skin if it there is already a wound. Sutures are significantly thicker and must be sewed and tied in certain ways to ensure that the pressure of the wound is equally distributed and so that it does not cut flesh. Also: just the sheer pain would be enough to knock John unconscious in his weakened state.
>> No. 41234
Well that sucked. Argh. Geez.

[x] take Alyssa around the Second floor.
[x] Scout the first floor to make sure no zombies are there
>> No. 41235
[x]Ask Alyssa and Rebecca how long we were out for.
[x]Take Alyssa around the second floor.
[x]Scout the first floor to make sure no zombies are there.
>> No. 41236
"Nothing in the maids room or yours, nothing in the bath, nothing in the halls or those two rooms to the sides. Anything here in the library?" You ask.

"There is a puzzle here!" Alyssa answers.

"Is it the chess set? Because that opens up hidden doors." You say, pointedly.

"It... it's the chess set. Yes." Alyssa replies. "So you found the secret passages and the look-through spaces, and everything, I guess...?"

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 41237
[x] The attic you didn't check where you got the golden key: check it now.

Attic left to check for leash, then we can go to the basement?
>> No. 41238
[x] Ask about the attic with the golden key, a yes or no would be enough.
[x] take Alyssa around the Second floor.
[x] Scout the first floor to make sure no zombies are there.

Well, let's file this suture issue under 'Field treatment' and let's never think about it again... and yes, actually a suture on a deep wound would need at least 2 different types of suture (absorbible and non absorbible, nylon works on skin and vicryl on deep tissue, silk might be a good enough substitute), curve needles (not the sewing straight ones),and a careful distribution of the knots/points. Besides an aseptic technique. Well, enough trivia for today.
>> No. 41239
[x] First Floor Recon. Be careful.
>> No. 41240
[X]Headcount. Rebecca's still with us, right?
[X]Use the Lady's Room Lift to go to the Basement directly.

The first floor's too iffy for us, and if Serah didn't know about the lift, she might only be worrying about the obvious entrance if she's hiding in the Basement.
>> No. 41242
[x] Ask about the attic with the golden key, a yes or no would be enough.
[x] Scout the first floor to make sure no zombies are there.

I'm 90% sure there's no puzzle in the attic, if only because Kahi at least gives us a chance to solve them ourselves and there's literally no description of the attic. Also, from the google docs:

Kahitora: The leash isn't in the attic.
I'll just come out and say that.
>> No. 41243
>>41238
This is already on the second floor, so alyssa is here and has already confirmed no more puzzles.

Serah has a full set of keys now... not good

[x] Scout the first floor to make sure no zombies are there.
[x] Check out Basement.
>> No. 41244
>>41243 Whoops forgot to put
[x] bring Alyssa around first floor and confirm no more puzzles
>> No. 41245
[x]Headcount - Is Rebecca there? She's been pretty quiet.
[x]"... and everything"? Is there anything else, Alyssa?
-[x]If she says we missed something, stick around and search.
-[x]If she says we didn't miss anything, take the lift to the basement, if that works.
>> No. 41246
>>41242
I think that if Kahi says that directly, he's probably as tired as us of this side-game. We really should wrap this up tonight, unless a problem gets in our way.
>> No. 41247
[x]Head for the torture chamberbasement.

I get this feeling that sticking around and exploring the first floor with all of it's unlocked rooms would be a bad idea. That, and it's awash in a sea of extra-chunky salsa; no need to give Janet something to track them by.
>> No. 41248
[x]Headcount - Is Rebecca there? She's been pretty quiet.
[x] Ask about the attic with the golden key, a yes or no would be enough.
[x]"... and everything"? Is there anything else, Alyssa?
-[x]If she says we missed something, stick around and search.
-[x] Sorry you keep checking, you just want to make sure.
[x] Bring Alyssa around first floor and confirm no more puzzles.
[x] Does Alyssa want you to try to bring her out of the mansion? There's a chance she might turn just plain dead, though.
>> No. 41252
>>41249

New Thread