-  [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return][Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject  (Reply to 30362)
Message
Captcha
File
Password (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM, WEBP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 150484996575.jpg - (225.07KB, 450x600, okina.jpg) [iqdb]
30362No. 30362
I'm digging through a pile of books in the corner of one of my non-study rooms when I hear the knocking at the door.

My name's Marisa Kirisame. I'm an ordinary magician who likes to make potions, read books, and have a good Danmaku battle. People say I'm a kleptomaniac, but really I just like borrowing stuff.

I'm also not really in that good of a standing with many people in Gensokyo, meaning that no-one really knocks at my door, and the people I'm friends with don't really care all too much for formalities anyway.

Except Alice, but she told me today that I should stay away from her home or she'd kill me. I don't see why she always needs to say something like that, though.

Anyway, the knocking at the door catches my attention. For a moment, I consider going back and rifling through all those books again, since there's probably nothing that I need to do right now. But that's not me; I'm more of a living in the moment sorta gal. So standing up, I take a deep breath and dust off my hands, then raise my voice to say 'Coming!'

I take my time tiptoeing around the small piles of books scattered around the floor, alongside the few relics that I stole borrowed from Kourin. That guy's a bit kooky even if he did help raise me when I ran away from home.

I step into the hallway and turn towards the door. Taking a few steps forward, I put on my best smile and open the door. 'Morning.'

'Good morning, Marisa.'

I blink. Then again.

Standing in front of me is Okina, that loli goddess from the door place. The one who offered me a job at being her slave. She has a wide, friendly smile on her face.

If you'd ask me to describe Okina, then I'd say she looks pretty nice. She's about 4'6", shorter than I am, and she looks like a little kid.

And as much as I hate to admit it, she's pretty cute.

I open my mouth, but my voice gets caught in my throat and I start to feel a bit nervous.

Okina notices. 'What's wrong?' she asks, tilting her head in a gesture that looks just a bit too adorable.

[ ] 'What are you doing here?'
[ ] 'Why knock on the door?'
[ ] 'Who are you again?'
Expand all images
>>No. 30363
[x] 'Why knock on the door?'
Insert tired TV show reference here. You know the one.

Also, >shorty Okina

This guy knows what's up.
>>No. 30364
[X] 'Who are you again?'
>>No. 30365
[X] 'Why knock on the door?'

Surprisingly polite for someone who uses the back door at will.
>>No. 30366
[x] 'What are you doing here?'

What happened to your other two stories?
>>No. 30367
>>30366
I'll probably return to them some time; I was kind of burnt out for a while. Also, Uni is a bitch.
>>No. 30368
[x] ...who are your again?
>>No. 30369
[X] 'Who are you again?'

It's touhou tradition to immediately pretend to forget who the mastermind was immediately after an incident.
>>No. 30370
[X] 'Who are you again?'
>>No. 30371
[X] 'Why knock on the front door?'
>>No. 30372
So [X] 'Who are you again?' won. Posting in a second.
>>No. 30373
File 150498711612.jpg - (531.26KB, 863x1117, mad okina-chan.jpg) [iqdb]
30373
I blink, and suddenly a devious idea appears in my mind. This could be a chance to mess with one of the great old hags of Gensokyo – they’re usually the ones to mess with us little people most of the time (for a given level of ‘little’, of course), and I almost feel like chuckling under my breath and giving a devious smile. Still, though, it kind of feels a little mean.

Eh, she probably won’t get that mad, or burst into tears. Most gods I’ve met have pretty thick skins.

I cock my head to the side, looking up and cupping my chin in between my finger and thumb. Then I straighten up, look at Okina, and ask [X] ‘Who are you again?’

Okina flinches. I see a bit of hurt in her eyes – if only for a second before she steels herself – and she takes a shuddering breath. ‘You… don’t remember me?’ she asks.

She doesn’t look that composed; she looks like she’s about to… cry.

Oh crap.

‘No, no, it was just a joke!’ I say, holding my hands out in front of me and smiling. It’s a bit hard to keep a straight face, but I’m managing.

For a few seconds Okina’s silent. Her expression evolves into one of realisation, then eventually into a glare. ‘Jerk,’ she says, and turns away.

My arms drop to my sides. She’s acting really weird, like how Alice does sometimes. ‘What?’ I ask.

Okina turns around to glare at me again. ‘You can’t just pretend that you’ve forgotten someone right after you’ve met them,’ she says. ‘That’s just mean.’

Oh yeah, I forgot this loli goddess was really emotional.

After a few seconds of silence, I decide to bite the bullet. ‘…I’m sorry, okay?’ I say. ‘It was a bit rude. I’ll admit it. I didn’t think you were going to react like this-’

‘That’s no excuse, you jerk!’ She raises her arm and hits me on the head – ouch. I grit my teeth and hold my head in my hands.

It’s surprisingly light for something that’s a being who exceeds the limits of humanity – or at least most of us. Still, I probably deserved that.

The pain fades quickly, and the two of us are just standing here, at my doorway. Okina still looks a bit mad, but she’s probably calmed down a bit.

Then the goddess opposite me takes a deep breath and sighs. ‘…I forgive you,’ she says, but her voice is so quiet I can barely hear her.

I don’t really feel like standing here for much longer, though. It’s getting a bit awkward.

[ ] I should invite Okina inside; maybe she’ll want some tea. I mean, most people want tea, and I don’t think she’s had any yet with anyone.
[ ] Maybe I should invite her to sit down outside? The forest’s pretty nice, and it’s a clear day today – there’s still some snow left over, but it’s mostly melted by now.
[ ] Actually, wait a second; why is she here in the first place? Isn’t she supposed to be in her door dimension or something, defending Gensokyo and helping it in the background?
>>No. 30374
[x] Actually, wait a second; why is she here in the first place? Isn’t she supposed to be in her door dimension or something, defending Gensokyo and helping it in the background?

She must have come for Marisa's back-door, if you comprehend the implications behind what I am saying.
>>No. 30376
[x] I should invite Okina inside; maybe she’ll want some tea. I mean, most people want tea, and I don’t think she’s had any yet with anyone.
>>No. 30378
[X] Maybe I should invite her to sit down outside? The forest’s pretty nice, and it’s a clear day today – there’s still some snow left over, but it’s mostly melted by now.

Inside might be a bit messy.
>>No. 30381
[x] Actually, wait a second; why is she here in the first place? Isn’t she supposed to be in her door dimension or something, defending Gensokyo and helping it in the background?
>>No. 30383
[x] I should invite Okina inside; maybe she’ll want some tea. I mean, most people want tea, and I don’t think she’s had any yet with anyone.
-[x] Actually, wait a second; why is she here in the first place? Isn’t she supposed to be in her door dimension or something, defending Gensokyo and helping it in the background?

First we let her inside, then we talk about back doors. Have some tact.
>>No. 30386
[X] Maybe I should invite her to sit down outside? The forest’s pretty nice, and it’s a clear day today – there’s still some snow left over, but it’s mostly melted by now.

>>30378
> Inside might be a bit messy

In other news,taking a bath will make you slightly damp, Marisa is a bit of a kleptomaniac, and Patchouli has some health problems.
>>No. 30387
[x] I should invite Okina inside; maybe she’ll want some tea. I mean, most people want tea, and I don’t think she’s had any yet with anyone.

Come on people, manners. They're not hard.
>>No. 30388
So right now consensus seems to be to invite Okina inside; however, I feel like waiting a bit longer before an update, maybe for a day or so, just to make sure.
>>No. 30390
[x] I should invite Okina inside; maybe she’ll want some tea. I mean, most people want tea, and I don’t think she’s had any yet with anyone.
-[x] Actually, wait a second; why is she here in the first place? Isn’t she supposed to be in her door dimension or something, defending Gensokyo and helping it in the background?
[Return][Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x