[Return]
Archived Thread
File 124562199398.jpg - (223.83KB , 877x1109 , 1180804181183.jpg ) [iqdb]
15936 No. 15936
I'm looking to start a new CYOA here in /Forest/. I don't know where we'll go and what we'll do, but I hoping that it'll be fun and interesting. Don't expect anything on an epic scale like what HY would deliver, but I'll do my best to please everyone. Be warned, I'm not really a writefag, but I'd like to give it my best shot. Drawing is more of my forte so I'll try to come up with some art to go along with this CYOA as well, so hopefully look forward to that.

And with that, here we go!

------------------

Your night started just like any other, going out to the local bowling alley, hanging out in the bar, and throwing back a few cold ones while singing a bit of karaoke with your friends--nothing really matters, anyone can see... After stumbling around the parking lot, coming off of your Queen binge and arguing over which Touhou is the better to play as--the obvious answer is MarisaB unless you're talking about UFO then its now MarisaA. Your friends offer to drive you home, as you're quite a bit buzzed right now, but you stubbornly refuse and crawl into the seat of your Civic.

You seem to be handling the road fairly well in your intoxicated state, but out of the corner of your eye as you're crossing an intersection where you have a green light, an either tired or intoxicated driver comes reeling at you at high speed from your right--it's too late to swerve or stop--Oh shit, this is it you think to yourself.

Suddenly you feel yourself being propelled forward, seemingly out of your seat, a flurry of crimson, purple, and--were those eyeballs staring at you just now? The inertia preserved from your previous positioning in your car throws you forward and into a black and white blur.

"What the hel-?!"

As you stumble into the black white, you entangle yourself with it and eventually come to a halt after running into a fairly solid tree. As you look around, it's no longer 2am in the morning, but looking more like the middle of the day, as the sun beams through branches in the surrounding forest that you seem to find yourself in. This forest feels odd, like it's alive, an almost unworldly aura seems to flow from this place. It feels magical.

Recovering from the shock of possibly having died in a car crash, you notice that you're lying on something rather soft... You see a what looks like a witch hat laying a couple of feet from where you're currently lying.

"G-Get off me ~ZE!" The mass under you shouts in a rather cute voice as it shoves you harshly off of itself. "Wh-Where do you get off popping out of nowhere and knocking me over just as I was about to make a clean escape from that stupid mansion!" She looks over herself and brushes herself as she rises from the ground. From your position on the ground, you get a flash of bloomers, to your dismay, as she turns to check the bag that she has wrapped to her back, a few books spilling out of from a hole in the bottom--honestly who wears bloomers in this day and age. Something about this girl seems oddly familiar.

"Jeez, you stupid fairies and your tricks are getting on my nerves ~ze... Wait a sec, you're not one of those stupid fairies... you're a... a boy...?" She says in surprise--what's wrong with being a boy?

"E-Excuse me...? But... uhm... fairies?" You respond as you start sit yourself up against the tree, rubbing your head. Getting over the shock of everything you check yourself out, nothing seems broken, you're still breathing, you've still got a pulse, it hurts when you pinch yourself--You're still alive. What a relief. But what in the hell happened. You try to get a good look at the girl in front of you... You squint... to try to get her into focus... Crap, where have your glasses gone... You search around the ground and spot a telltale glare on the ground...and another about three feet away... Crap its broken in half.

The girl seemingly notices your struggle to see her and picks up the pieces of glasses on the ground that you were looking at.

"Well, this might help you out ~ze." There's a bright flash that appears the girl's hands and she places the seemingly repaired glasses over your eyes.

You blink a few times as the world comes back into focus and you take a look at the girl that fixed your glasses who, up until now, was just a black and white blur. She's clad in a black dress with a white button-up blouse, covered in a black vest. Her slightly wavy blonde locks sit just at shoulder-length with a single braid tied in a ribbon. Her golden eyes stare at you curiously.

"Th-Thanks for fixing my glasses... however the heck you managed to do that..." she smiled at that last comment, although still visibly a bit agitated. "S-Sorry for knocking you over back there... I really have no idea what happened, I was in my car and about to get hit by another one and suddenly I'm running into you in this forest... Where is this anyways?"

"Well, don'tcha know? This is the Forest of Magic ~ze! And not really a safe place for humans... well, not unless you're as awesome as I am." She smiles with a big toothy grin.

"Forest of Magic... hmm... Y-You've got to be kidding me right? I mean... If that were the case then that would make you..." No. Way. As you rub your eyes you blink and stare at the girl who seems to straighten herself and begins to say.

"Marisa Kirisame. Odds and ends magic shop dealer and part time yokai exterminator." She seems to float as her apparent ego fills herself with pride. "But just 'cause you know who I am, that doesn't get you off the hook!" she says as she swats you on the head with her broom.

"Ow, jeez I'm sorry!" you shout as you rub your head.

"Serves you right! But... uh... If ya don't mind me askin'... Your clothes are kinda... weird and... plain. Are you from..." she begins leaning in closer to you.

"From where?"

"Well, the outside of course! Outside the border! 'Cause your clothes look like some of the ones from Kourin's magazines ~ze!" Marisa begins to get visibly anxious.

"Border...?"

"The Hakurei border of course! It separates Gensokyo from the outside world, where there's weird things like rocket ships and this!" She replies as she pulls an ipod out of her pocket. It looks like she's listening to "Don't Stop Me Now."

This is all too much to take in... First you're about to get killed in a car accident, then you're suddenly in the Forest of Magic running into Marisa Kirisame who has outside world stuff like ipods.

[ ] "You know, I'm kinda hungry... Is there anywhere around here to eat?"
[ ] "Who else lives in the Forest of Magic?"
[ ] "Whatcha got there in your sack?"
[ ] "Marisa, you're really cute."
>> No. 15937
[X] "You know, I'm kinda hungry... Is there anywhere around here to eat?"
>> No. 15939
>>It looks like she's listening to "Don't Stop Me Now."

I am now imagining a "first date with Marisa" montage to the tune of Don't Stop Me Now.

[X] "Marisa, you're really cute."

Trivial things like "thinking" would ruin this.
>> No. 15941
>and arguing over which Touhou is the better to play as

It has been far too long since there was a CYOA in which we knew about Touhou. Miko, unless you start fucking up this story terribly with loads of fanfiction.net stupidity, you will always have at least one reader.

[x] "Marisa, you're really cute."

If we're drunk enough to die in a car crash, we're drunk enough to say something stupid.
>> No. 15944
>>15941

Justified meta-knowledge? Sign me up.

[ODIN] "Marisa, you're really cute."

I am blindly charging forward towards a blushing black-white. The Sparking will be worth it.
>> No. 15945
>>15941

Ah, that reminds me.
Be sure to throw in a "died and gone to heaven" based pick-up line.
>> No. 15948
>Suddenly you feel yourself being propelled forward, seemingly out of your seat, a flurry of crimson, purple, and--were those eyeballs staring at you just now? The inertia preserved from your previous positioning in your car throws you forward and into a black and white blur.

V-TEC JUST KICKED IN YO

[x] "Marisa, you're really cute."
- [x] If you get a good reaction: "And, furthermore, I would love to make a supersonic woman out of you."
- [x] If you don't get a good reaction: "...And I am really drunk. You know where's a good place someone could sober up?"
>> No. 15949
I'm calling the votes right now--Also taking into consideration some of the extra comments.

Now writing, please wait warmly.
>> No. 15950
File 124563198648.jpg- (318.18KB , 800x800 , eecced83e0c6983c7abe075cb574b556.jpg ) [iqdb]
15950
[X] "Marisa, you're really cute."

You blink up at the girl dressed in black and white and pause for a moment, noticing her features-her golden eyes, blinking as she waits for a response from you, the way she holds the ipod waiting for some recognition, and just the overall presence you get from her-

"You're really kinda cute, you know that Marisa?"

At that last comment Marisa reels back quite obviously surprised, her face begins to look frustrated as a pink hue creeps into her cheeks.

"~Z-Ze?! W-What's with this response all of sudden?! I-I... Don't be so stupid!" She shouts as she turns away to cover her face, but not before she smacks you again across the face with her broom--thats starting to smart.

As she turns away a flurry of multicolored stars appear and fly out in different directions--several of them headed in your general direction... What in the world are those is the only thought going through your mind as one impacts you squarely in the chest. The star bursts on your chest with enough to knock the wind out of you. As the star hits you all the others flying around dissipate. You check your chest, for any damage or bleeding, nothing too bad thankfully, just a small tear in your shirt and some minor bruising on your chest.

"Ow, that kinda hurt. What the heck were those flying stars anyways?" You say as you rub your chest. Marisa turns around, seemingly recovered from her little bout of embarrassment.

"Stars?" she replies, she apparently hasn't realized that she just produced a flurry of stars in her embarrassed state, "Oh! You must've been hit by my 'maku~ze! Well serves ya right!"

"Your 'maku?' Like danmaku?" It looks different close up.

"That's right, danmaku~ze. It's sort of like a way of fighting, without killin' each other. That boring miko who likes to sit around all day sort of came up with it along with all these rules that everyone's supposed 'ta follow--sure makes beating up youkai more interestin' though." She straightens up again in a victorious pose--it seems that she enjoys showing off. "Anyways, like I said, it serves ya right for blurting out such strange things out of nowhere like that~ze."

"Well, sorry... I didn't mean any harm by it... Also I think I'm a little buzzed from drinking too much... It's just really refreshing to run into someone after that car accident I think I was just in." You reply, still rubbing the bruise on your chest.

"Car...accident...?" she replies somewhat puzzled. "I think I've heard Kourin mention something about those from the reading he's done."

"Erhm..." that's right there's no cars (or buses) in Gensokyo. "It's something that's really not all that fun from the outside world. I'll... just explain it to you later."

"Right... Anyways we'd better get going before some mischievous fairies show up and try to get us lost with weird tricks~ze. My place ain't too far from here, we could head over there and you can tell me all about the outside there."

[ ] Head over with Marisa to her place.
[ ] Suggest somewhere else (specify)
[ ] "I think I'll try to explore a bit on my own."
>> No. 15951
>the obvious answer is MarisaB unless you're talking about UFO then its now MarisaA.

MarisaA in LLS as well.
>> No. 15955
[X] Head over with Marisa to her place.
>> No. 15956
[x] Head over with Marisa to her place.
What a pimp, dying in a car crash(or not), waking up in a strange place and already hitting on girls.
Afraid of nothing as long as a girl to put the moves on is nearby. Everything else is useless nothing to worry side facts.

I already like this story.
>> No. 15959
>>Don't expect anything on an epic scale like what HY would deliver, but I'll do my best to please everyone.

I'm sure it'll be great. Looks good so far!

[ ] Head over with Marisa to her place.
No problems with the general bandwagon.
>> No. 15961
File 124564196387.jpg- (52.27KB , 500x500 , marisablush.jpg ) [iqdb]
15961
Just a quick little something to show you what I can do... I sorta just rushed this out in like 5 minutes. I'll try to get at least one more update tonight.
>> No. 15963
>the way she holds the ipod waiting for some recognition

[x] "Awesome. Do you mind sharing one of your earbuds along the way? I've been on a Queen bender lately."
[x] Head over with Marisa to her place.

>"Anyways, like I said, it serves ya right for blurting out such strange things out of nowhere like that~ze."

We did appear out of thin air. Actually, this could be our thing, you know. Since we're an Outsider, we can explain away breaking many rules of propriety as being due to a culture gap.
>> No. 15964
[x] "Awesome. Do you mind sharing one of your earbuds along the way? I've been on a Queen bender lately."
[x] Head over with Marisa to her place.

>>15963

I so want to meta knowledge the fuck out of the people here.

Say we meet Alice, I wouldn't mind reciting off her spellcards and seeing her reaction.
>> No. 15970
File 12456564492.jpg- (177.17KB , 1000x707 , 2bd2238fbd169ff9556b619f5dbc4324.jpg ) [iqdb]
15970
[X] Head over with Marisa to her place.

"Alright then, lets get going to your place Marisa." you reply as she nods in confirmation.

Before heading off to her house, Marisa begins to gather all of her dropped articles from when you crashed into her suddenly. Being the decent guy that you are you begin to help Marisa out and collect her books and eventually her hat. You study the hat before reaching for it--it's quite large for a witch's hat, at least double the size of the one that the Wicked Witch of the West wore in the Wizard of Oz. You also notice the point of the hat has been long worn out and is bent crooked to the side. Around the base of the hat is a white frilly ribbon tied into a bow and as you reach for it you suddenly realize that Marisa has also just reached for the hat as you both pause for a moment staring at each other.

Marisa breaks the awkward moment by quickly snatching up the hat and replacing upon her head, straightening it so that it fits snug on herself--yeah, thats how you remember her looking.

"Alright then ~ze! Lets get going!" Marisa proclaims as she mounts her broom. "Uh... can you fly?"

You blink at her blankly and shake your head. She's not serious is she?

"I guess it can't be helped, most normal humans 'round here can't fly either I s'pose." she remarks as she motions for you to mount the broom behind her. You oblige by straddling the broom behind her and wrapping your arms around her waist. At that you feel Marisa tense up for a moment before relaxing again.

"J-Just hang on and don't do anything weird~ze!" she glances at you over her shoulder as she says this, a soft pink graces her cheeks.

You suddenly feel your legs dangling free, for a moment wanting to remain planted on the ground, as you begin your ascension into the air.

"Hang on alright, 'cause here we go!" Marisa warns as the both of you are propelled forward through the forest. As you zoom through the forest, weaving in and out between tree trunks and branches you cling tighter to Marisa. It's a bit worrisome at first but you soon relax and enjoy the wind blowing through your hair as well as the warmth of Marisa next to yourself. You're amazed at how quickly you're moving through the forest and how well Marisa handles herself flying. Marisa slows the broom to a stop as you both come up upon a small little cottage with a single chimney, piles of mismatched items asre strewn the outside of the house.

"Here we are, my humble abode ~ze!" Marisa proclaims proudly. You just stare blankly at the house for a moment, still in disbelief that you're in Gensokyo and you just flew on a broom with Marisa.

"Erm... you can let go of me now ~ze..." Marisa interrupts your train of thought as you suddenly become aware that you're still hanging on tightly to Marisa's waist despite having landed already.

You force yourself to pry your arms away from Marisa as you dismount from the broom. You watch as Marisa heads over to the front door of the cottage, pulls a key out from under her large hat and opens the door.

"Come on in." she says as she motions for you to enter.

The cottage looked pretty cosy on the outside but feels almost claustrophobic on the inside with piles of different odds and ends including books stacked up, some as high as the ceiling. You notice at one end of the main room is a somewhat dilapidated table holding what looks to be a somewhat primitive looking chemistry set, the table itself looks to only have three legs with the fourth being replaced by yet another pile of books. Hanging from the tops of each window frame are dried mushrooms tied together by strings--she must be drying those to use in a soup or potion or something.

Marisa quickly tosses the day's spoils into a corner and starts a fire in her fireplace with what looks to be a simple fire spell--another precious thing stolen from Patchouli perhaps?. She excitedly brushes dust and cobwebs off a chair draped in an old bed sheet and pats on the seat of the chair signaling for you to sit down. You gladly oblige only to find that the chair is a tiny bit unstable and very hard underneath you. A quick glance under the sheet covering the chair confirms your suspicions that the chair is made almost completely out of more piles of books. Marisa then takes a seat on a much more comfortable looking couch and stares anxiously at you.

"So... whatcha think?" Marisa asks excitedly.

"Well, it feels like the house of a witch." You reply with an awkward smile on your face.

"Heh, I'll take that as a compliment ~ze." She grins as she rubs her nose. "Are ya hungry at all?" She asks as she gets up and grabs some of the dried mushrooms hanging from a nearby window. It has been awhile since you've had anything meaningful to eat and all the excitement of the day has given you a slight case of the munchies.

"Well, I guess I could go for a little something to eat." You reply as Marisa bounces over to the fireplace with a pot filled with water among other things you can't recognize.

"So, tell me about the outside world~ze. I really only know about it from hanging out at Kourin's place and listening to that new shrine maiden who came here a few months back." Marisa states as she begins mixing different things into the pot.

"Well, everything is a lot more simple I guess... In a complicated way." you begin, realizing you have no idea where to start. "I mean, people stay very connected to each other in a variety of ways. Uhm... like people on opposite sides of the world can talk to each other, hear each others voices, see each others faces, and at the same time still be thousands of miles apart through various advances in technology." You state, trying to make it easy for her to understand.

"Oh! Kinda like how Yukari was able to let me talk to Alice, Patchouli, and Nitori while I was underground through Alice's dolls ~ze!" she perks up as she responds.

"Uhm... I guess so." You reply.

"So anyways... How'd ya know about Gensokyo~ze? I had always thought that you outsiders didn't even know that we existed ~ze." Marisa seems very attentive and anxious for your answer as she suddenly stops stirring the pot.

"That... uhm..." Gosh how do you go about answering this? Telling her that I've heard all about her and adventures through a video game might be a little much for her to handle. I guess honesty is the best policy though, right? "Have you ever heard of a guy named ZUN?"

"ZUN?" she scratches her head as she thinks about it for a moment. "Oh! Yeah! You mean that funny thin guy with the hat and glasses who likes to drink a lot!" Your mouth drops in shock. "I'm pretty sure he's the first outsider I've ever heard of to be brought to Gensokyo ~ze! He's apparently good friends with Yukari and drops by usually once a year." So thats how he came up with it...

Marisa eventually finishes her soup which surprising tastes good and doesn't cause any odd or harmful side effects that you're aware of yet. You and Marisa spend the next several hours talking about Gensokyo, the outside world, and ZUN among other things until night falls.

"Ahhh... this has been fun ~ze" Marisa yawns with a stretch, "but I think that I'm gonna head off to bed. You can use this couch as a bed if ya want."

[ ] Head off to bed.
[ ] Keep talking to Marisa about things (specify)
[ ] Take a short stroll outside

[ ] Something else (write-in)
>> No. 15972
That's it for tonight, I'll try my best to update sometime tomorrow if I can find time to. Otherwise update definitely on Tuesday.
>> No. 15973
You know what the funny thing is? Because of Zun's genius plan of making 90% of information about Touhou non-verifiable-fact, there's little or nothing that you can say that you shouldn't know.
>> No. 15974
Or rather, in light of >>15970 , it's maybe less of a genius plan and more what he can piece together through the alcohol haze over his memory.
>> No. 15975
[x] Take a short stroll outside.
[x] But ask her if you can borrow one of her stars to play with.

It is dangerous to go alone. Take this.
>> No. 15976
[x] Take a short stroll outside.

Time to find Alice.
>> No. 15977
[P] Take a short stroll outside.

Faeries? Forest youkai? Alice?

I like all three.
>> No. 15979
[X] Take a short stroll outside.
>> No. 15985
I'm gonna call the votes right now and hopefully have an update after I get off of work. BTW, Alice isn't the type of person to wander around late at night but others are...
>> No. 15986
>>15985

This is actually going to tempt most of us, isn't it?
>> No. 15987
>>15970

What the... Marisa, doing deskwork??
This is the kind of thing that YAF would rage at.
>> No. 16005
>>15987
YAF is no more, he ran off. Why bother?
>> No. 16020
Back from work! Writing now!
>> No. 16021
File 124573222249.jpg- (184.95KB , 960x1280 , 1244253626693.jpg ) [iqdb]
16021
>>16005
>YAF
AM I A ARTIST YET GUYS?!!!1111!!

Updates, you nigger
>> No. 16023
File 124573569520.jpg- (54.22KB , 915x1185 , 13ee9b10e87e5fa459bc9d090ce6ecee.jpg ) [iqdb]
16023
[X] Take a short stroll outside

You watch as Marisa walks off to another room, which you assume is her bedroom. You notice that as she walks she sort of shakes her behind with every step--is she doing that on purpose? After break yourself from the illusion of Marisa's hypnotizing bottom you set yourself down on the couch, bouncing on it for a moment to get a feel for it before laying yourself down upon it. All these strange and new experiences here in Gensokyo have been tiring you out, yet you find that you can't get to sleep. After a bit of time futilely getting to sleep you decide that you might get some fresh air. Hrmm... didn't Marisa say something about it being dangerous at night in the forest? You shrug off that thought and search through Marisa's belongings and find a worn out lantern. Good it still has some oil left in it. You grab a piece of tinder from the fire that is slowly dying out in the fireplace and light the lantern before heading out and quietly closing the front door behind you.

As you take in the night air you feel a little refreshed, reminded of the night you had gotten drunk with friends while singing karaoke right before ending up in Gensokyo. With those memories fresh in your mind you begin to hum Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy. The moon was near full tonight, perhaps a night or two away from a full moon, although it was a little bit difficult to see the moon through the trees overhead, but the moonlight streaming through the trees ahead gave the forest an ethereal almost unworldy and frightening feeling.

After humming through about half of Queen's greatest hits you finally start to feel fatigue set in and decide its a good idea to head back to Marisa's place. You've probably been up for at least a good twenty hours since you didn't really get to sleep after leaving from the bar last night and ending up in Gensokyo at mid day. Now to head back to Marisa's place... You look around the woods and try to get your bearings straight. This is the direction you came from right...? Or was it this way? Shit. You decide on a direction and eventually come upon a small clearing in the woods where the moon is shining fairly brightly.

Suddenly you notice movement on the other side of the clearing and swallow hard as a slight sense of fear sets in. A cloud of darkness slowly creeps up out of the forest into the clearing. The cloud seems unnatural, as if all the light in the area is being sucked into it. You watch as the cloud heads towards another end of the clearing but stops in front of a tree. You can faintly hear a bump and an "ow." Did the cloud just bump into a tree? You decide you should probably leave this clearing and start to back away when. CRACK. Shit. The loud snapping of the twig you stepped on feels like the shattering of any hope you had of getting out of here and back to Marisa's place alive.

The cloud shivers and seems to look at you. You start to bolt of in the opposite direction but you run into something and fall backwards onto the ground. Its a person, a little girl with short blond hair, clad in all black, a small red ribbon sits in her hair. As soon as you can notice these features you realize that you seem to be stuck in the cloud of darkness as the rest of the world seems to disappear and all that exists is a shadow of the girl you had just seen. You clutch tightly to the lamp but the light from it seems to do nothing to disperse the darkness.

"H-Hello?" You ask, your voice now shaky and strained.

"Hi!" The voice of the girl cloaked in darkness seems rather chipper despite the gloomy darkness all around you.

"U-Uhm... h-hey little girl... i-it's dangerous to be out here in this scary forest in the middle of the night..." Your voice trembles as you warn the little girl, your mind not completely thinking straight.

"Is that so~" Is her only reply, you can hear aggression slipping into her voice.

"Y-yeah. I-It is so..." you stumble to find the words. "J-Jeez it got really dark all of a sudden... m-my lamp doesn't seem to be helping in this darkness."

"Is that so~" There it is again. You can feel her stepping closer to you with every strained breath you take.

"U-uh yeah..." Holy shit, this girl is scary the hell out of you now.

"Well, don't you know that it's dangerous for humans to wander around anywhere in Gensokyo at night? Especially the forest of magic?" Her voice begins to sound forceful now.

"I-I-Is that s-so...?" Your breath is ragged and you feel like you're about to crap yourself in fear.

"It is so... There's many different youkai out at night... Like me... And they enjoy feasting on scared little humans, especially ones that get lost at night... Like you..."

Crap you are so dead. What should you do?

[ ] Shout for help
[ ] Try to throw your lantern at the girl

------------------

Marisa did try to warn you about how dangerous it is at night afterall...
>> No. 16024
>>16021

Enjoy your freshly picked plotton
>> No. 16026
[X] Try to throw your lantern at the girl
>> No. 16028
[X] This is... Rumia, right? She can't see in her own darkness, right?
[X] Since she can't see in her darkness, but she'll probably hear or smell you or something well enough to give chase, don't give her that chance. Dive headfirst into the darkness, and capitalize on the one equalizing factor you have - your blindness.
[X] You can't really hurt a youkai permanently, so just harass her. Find her as best as you can - grope around if you have to - and then set to work. Tousle her hair, roll around, shove her, pinch her, tickle her, hug her, kiss her, grope her, steal her panti-- er, just keep messing with her, and don't stand still long enough for her to get a fix on you.

Let's make her cry.
>> No. 16029
[x] This is... Rumia, right? She can't see in her own darkness, right?
[x] Since she can't see in her darkness, but she'll probably hear or smell you or something well enough to give chase, don't give her that chance. Dive headfirst into the darkness, and capitalize on the one equalizing factor you have - your blindness.
[x] You can't really hurt a youkai permanently, so just harass her. Find her as best as you can - grope around if you have to - and then set to work. Tousle her hair, roll around, shove her, pinch her, tickle her, hug her, kiss her, grope her, steal her panties, just keep messing with her, and don't stand still long enough for her to get a fix on you.
>> No. 16035
[X] This is... Rumia, right? She can't see in her own darkness, right?
[X] Since she can't see in her darkness, but she'll probably hear or smell you or something well enough to give chase, don't give her that chance. Dive headfirst into the darkness, and capitalize on the one equalizing factor you have - your blindness.
[X] You can't really hurt a youkai permanently, so just harass her. Find her as best as you can - grope around if you have to - and then set to work. Tousle her hair, roll around, shove her, pinch her, tickle her, hug her, kiss her, grope her, steal her panti-- er, just keep messing with her, and don't stand still long enough for her to get a fix on you.

>hug her, kiss her, grope her

fun games in the dark
>> No. 16041
[X] This is... Rumia, right? She can't see in her own darkness, right?
[X] Since she can't see in her darkness, but she'll probably hear or smell you or something well enough to give chase, don't give her that chance. Dive headfirst into the darkness, and capitalize on the one equalizing factor you have - your blindness.
[X] You can't really hurt a youkai permanently, so just harass her. Find her as best as you can - grope around if you have to - and then set to work. Tousle her hair, roll around, shove her, pinch her, tickle her, hug her, kiss her, grope her, steal her panti-- er, just keep messing with her, and don't stand still long enough for her to get a fix on you.

Ohoho wow
>> No. 16042
[X] This is... Rumia, right? She can't see in her own darkness, right?
[X] Since she can't see in her darkness, but she'll probably hear or smell you or something well enough to give chase, don't give her that chance. Dive headfirst into the darkness, and capitalize on the one equalizing factor you have - your blindness.
[X] You can't really hurt a youkai permanently, so just harass her. Find her as best as you can - grope around if you have to - and then set to work. Tousle her hair, roll around, shove her, pinch her, tickle her, hug her, kiss her, grope her, steal her panti-- er, just keep messing with her, and don't stand still long enough for her to get a fix on you.


In b4 she oneshots us.
>> No. 16045
Well, at least this will be quick...
>> No. 16046
[X] This is... Rumia, right? She can't see in her own darkness, right?
[X] Since she can't see in her darkness, but she'll probably hear or smell you or something well enough to give chase, don't give her that chance. Dive headfirst into the darkness, and capitalize on the one equalizing factor you have - your blindness.
[X] You can't really hurt a youkai permanently, so just harass her. Find her as best as you can - grope around if you have to - and then set to work. Tousle her hair, roll around, shove her, pinch her, tickle her, hug her, kiss her, grope her, steal her panti-- er, just keep messing with her, and don't stand still long enough for her to get a fix on you.
>> No. 16047
[X] This is... Rumia, right? She can't see in her own darkness, right?
[X] Since she can't see in her darkness, but she'll probably hear or smell you or something well enough to give chase, don't give her that chance. Dive headfirst into the darkness, and capitalize on the one equalizing factor you have - your blindness.
[X] You can't really hurt a youkai permanently, so just harass her. Find her as best as you can - grope around if you have to - and then set to work. Tousle her hair, roll around, shove her, pinch her, tickle her, hug her, kiss her, grope her, steal her panti-- er, just keep messing with her, and don't stand still long enough for her to get a fix on you.

Oh, what the hell. Go for it.
>> No. 16050
File 12457727458.jpg- (81.24KB , 480x679 , 8f2aefa41d71a8abdc320df284b1558e.jpg ) [iqdb]
16050
[X] This is... Rumia, right? She can't see in her own darkness, right?
[X] Since she can't see in her darkness, but she'll probably hear or smell you or something well enough to give chase, don't give her that chance. Dive headfirst into the darkness, and capitalize on the one equalizing factor you have - your blindness.
[X] You can't really hurt a youkai permanently, so just harass her. Find her as best as you can - grope around if you have to - then set to work. Tousle her hair, roll around, shove her, pinch her, tickle her, hug her, kiss her, grope her, steal her panti-- er, just keep messing with her, and don't stand still long enough for her to get a fix on you.


As you sit in the darkness, suddenly your fight or flight instincts kick in and adrenaline starts to take control of you. This girl, it's Rumia isn't it? You seem to recall reading something about her not being able to see in her own darkness--that's your chance--Although you feel like you're forgetting something else that you read about youkai...! You decide to toss your lamp aside, as it would only serve to help find you all the faster and dive into the darkness trying to bob and weave your way around.

This is either the dumbest or bravest thing you have ever done in your life but some nagging in the back of your head tells you that you should try to push your luck. You've always thought that Rumia was kind of cute so you decide to take this chance to mess with her. I mean how bad could this be, she hangs out with Cirno after all, right? Right?.

You can hear Rumia actively getting angry as she searches around for you, screaming out in anger. Good, now you know where she is. You could use this advantage to try to ninja your way in the opposite direction but you decide to see how far your luck will take you. You reach forward, hands groping for anything of substance and it seems you've found something. You only grab at it for a split second but you hear Rumia's voice.

"Eh?" You can almost see the blush on Rumia's face.

You continue your assault grabbing an groping at her from every which direction, ruffling her hair, poking at her, pulling out her ribbon... wait, what was that last one?

Suddenly you feel a huge tension around your throat. Suddenly the darkness around her dissipates and standing before you with her hand around your throat is not the same little girl that had just run into a tree. Closer to a late teenager, the young lady before you is wearing the same clothes as Rumia but has longer blond hair and... hey that's a really big sword.

Without a sound your vision of the world is suddenly thrown for a whirl as you feel your face rolling along the ground--however, you don't feel anything else below your neck... The last thing you hear before death takes you is the faint sound of a familiar voice...

"...ze... Hello...? What's that light over there..." She must've seen your discarded lantern...

Shit... You never got to tell Marisa how much you l-... her...

------------------

Bad End -- Killed by EX Rumia

"Youkai are faster and stronger than humans... and ZUN knows no wrath like that of a woman youkai..." ~anonymous

------------------

[ ] Continue from throwing lantern at Rumia.
[ ] Continue from Marisa's house before she goes to bed (write-in)
>> No. 16051
Yes, I will bad end you, but not for stupid reasons. The moment you decided to walk outside in the forest for a stroll you had a 50/50 chance or survival. Watch out for warnings like the one Marisa gave about it being dangerous to go out at night. It's dangerous to go alone--take Marisa.

>>16042

Called it.
>> No. 16052
[X] Continue from throwing lantern at Rumia.
>> No. 16053
[X] One choice back.
[X] This is... Rumia, right? She can't see in her own darkness, right?
[X] Since she can't see in her darkness, but she'll probably hear or smell you or something well enough to give chase, don't give her that chance. Dive headfirst into the darkness, and capitalize on the one equalizing factor you have - your blindness.
[X] Stall. You can't take on a youkai on your own, but maybe you can keep evade her. Just keep out of her reach, and either wait for some kind of help to show up, or for Rumia to tire out; she's pretty childlike, so she may not have the patience to commit to a fruitless search, and she's liable to expend a lot more energy searching than you will trying to evade.

Fine, fine. Of course we pulled the ribbon off.

Would that have worked if we had specified to try and avoid the ribbon? I guess it was dark, and we would probably wind up grabbing it anyway, but...
>> No. 16054
[X] Continue from throwing lantern at Rumia.
>> No. 16055
>He's apparently good friends with Yukari and drops by usually once a year." So thats how he came up with it...

Man I'm loving this story.
>> No. 16056
[X] Continue from throwing lantern at Rumia.

not as planned
>> No. 16058
[X] Continue from throwing lantern at Rumia.


You had every right to bad end us for that one. Was fun, though.
>> No. 16059
[X] Continue from throwing lantern at Rumia.

Knew it would happen.
Have no regrets.
Would vote the same all over again, if it weren't so counterproductive.
>> No. 16060
[x] Continue from throwing lantern at Rumia.
>> No. 16062
[X] Head off to Rinnosuke's shop, Kourindou, to see if you can't find some outside world relics.

Best place to be a smartass
>> No. 16063
File 124578326174.jpg- (488.90KB , 1200x900 , 937a292c13ad034ab2a49d2e628f52d7.jpg ) [iqdb]
16063
[X] Continue from throwing lantern at Rumia.

You shuffle backwards a little bit as your grip tightens on your lantern. You can feel adrenaline kicking in. You can still make out the silhouette of Rumia and try to steady your arm. You swing your arm forward and let fly the lantern hoping and praying that your aim is straight and true. You see a small spark from the lantern as it clips the side of Rumia's head, and for a split second you can see her eyes glowing red with rage as she takes the hit. The lantern continues off into the darkness, but you hear the small woof of something igniting.

"RAWR! Where are you little human?!" Rumia explodes with anger. I think you just infuriated her. Wait... she's asking where you are? That's right! Even she can't see through her own darkness, now's your chance to escape! You fumble along the ground as you try to get back to your feet. You start to make for the direction you assume is the opposite direction that Rumia's at. From behind you you can clearly hear the swishes of what sounds like blades cutting through the air--Is she slashing around trying to claw at you? You just start running and eventually you can see beyond the darkness again, but not before noticing that there's a tree sitting straight in your path. You run into the tree headfirst and fall back onto the ground, the cloud of darkness beginning to creep back upon you.

Then from off in the distance you hear a voice that, right now might as well be the voice of an angel come to rescue you.

"~ze? What's that light? Is that a fire~ze?" The lantern you threw must've spilled some of its oil and caught part of the clearing on fire. This is your last chance, you've got to get her to notice you somehow.

"MARISA! HELLLLLP!!!" You shout at the top of your lungs and as soon as you do you feel arms grip at your shoulders. Shit, this is it!

Suddenly the hands are torn away from you as an illusion laser passes by in front of you, knocking your attacker to the ground. Thank the heavens, Marisa has come to your rescue. You notice Marisa stepping into the clearing and you stumble over to her. Marisa holds you as you stumble into her arms, her eyes set on the cloud of darkness behind you. You look over your shoulder and notice that Marisa is pointing an octagonal shaped box at the darkness.

"You idiot! I told ya it was dangerous to be out in the forest at night, there are only weirdos out at this time~ze." Marisa scolds you.

"Who are you calling a weirdo?" Rumia responds as she disperses just enough darkness to make her visible, still standing in the cloud as she looks over at Marisa.

"Nobody's talking about you, here. Now get going unless you want another taste of my mini-hakkero. This guy's mine, so run along before I really start to light up this forest~ze." As Marisa threatens the youkai of darkness before her, a glowing magical circle appears before her hand. Rumia hesitates to step forward but then thinks better of it and flies off into the distance in her cloud of darkness.

You both sigh in relief as Marisa sets her mini-hakkero one of the pockets on her apron.

"Jeez. You're such a pain~ze! I can't leave you alone for a second without you getting into trouble!" She lightly knocks you on the forehead as she lectures you but then smirks a little. "It did make the night kind of fun though. Hop on, lets get you home~ze." She remarks as she mounts her broom. Gladly you oblige and wrap your arms around her. As you both set back off through the forest to Marisa's house you feel glad to be alive and to have such an amazing girl taking care of you. You lay your head onto her shoulder and you start to feel drowsy. Sleep starts to takes hold of you before you reach Marisa's house and you can feel her carry you inside. Marisa lays you gently on the couch in her main room and puts a sheet over you.

"Sheesh you're such a pain~ze." She says as she watches your sleeping form. "Good night~ze." With that, you feel a soft warmth on your cheek as Marisa kisses you good night.

------------------

End Day 1

------------------

That night you dream of the figure of a woman. You can't quite make out exactly what she looks like but you see her fall through what looks like a hole in the wall, a blonde lock of hair tie in a ribbon is the last you see of her and a voice seems to echo from inside your head

"Quite the troublemaker aren't you? Fufufufu. This troublesome little witch needs someone who can make trouble for her for a change, as she's always causing trouble for everyone else... Fufufufu... See you again..." As she dissappears you can feel the stares of millions of eyes upon you. It feels like they're probing into your mind and...

You wake up groggily as you smell something like soup. As you open your eyes you see Marisa in a night gown and an apron sitting over a small pot tossing some mushrooms into it and stirring it. The pot looks to be sitting on top of the mini-hakkero. As you rub your eyes Marisa seems to finally noticed that you're awake.

"G'mornin' sunshine! Sleep well~ze?" Marisa asks in her overly chipper manner.

"Eh... mornin'..." You reply, still trying to wipe the sleep out of your eyes.

"I'm just makin' up some soup before I start my usual daily activities. Are ya hungry?" She asks with a smile.

"I guess, a little bit." You respond with a yawn.

"Good, 'cause I've got plenty of mushrooms I've been wanting to try for this dish." She states as she tosses some more odd looking mushrooms into the mix. "Anyways was there anything you wanted to do today~ze? I've always got potions to try out and I've wanted a guinea pig for a while, however there's lots of places in the forest of magic to visit. Or we could go bug that miko who likes to show off her armpits~ze." Her lips curve into a grin after that last comment.

[ ] Head over to Alice's house to see what she's up to.
[ ] Head off to Rinnosuke's shop, Kourindou, to see if you can't find some outside world relics.
[ ] Check out the Hakurei Shrine and bug Reimu.
[ ] Stay in and help Marisa out with some of her experiments.
>> No. 16064
[X] Head over to Alice's house to see what she's up to.

Lantern tossing? Well, whatever.

Do want Alice.
>> No. 16065
[X] Head off to Rinnosuke's shop, Kourindou, to see if you can't find some outside world relics.
>> No. 16066
>>16062

Sorry, I had to repost this as there were far too many errors for me to stand, but I did count your vote.
>> No. 16068
[X] Stay in and help Marisa out with some of her experiments.

Sounds like fun.
>> No. 16070
[X] Head off to Rinnosuke's shop, Kourindou, to see if you can't find some outside world relics.
>> No. 16074
[X] Head over to Alice's house to see what she's up to.

Do want Alice.
>> No. 16075
[X] Head over to Alice's house to see what she's up to.

A dollmaker is fine too.
>> No. 16080
Well, I've got some errands to attend to, but I'll hopefully be back with some delicious plotton later tonight. Hrm... also Rinnosuke - 3, Alice - 3. I'm gonna call the next vote between these two options the tie breaker. Now I'm off to the DMV T_T.
>> No. 16081
[X] Head over to Alice's house to see what she's up to.
>> No. 16082
File 124579443553.jpg- (297.23KB , 1000x1205 , 878dea749d8d903529c02d621bc8b7d4.jpg ) [iqdb]
16082
[X] Head over to Alice's house to see what she's up to.

Marisa starts to ladel the soup she's made into bowls and hands you one with a spoon.

"Tell me how ya like it, 'kay?" The soup in your hands feels warm through the bowl and smell reminds you of something you had at an Italian restaurant once.

"It smells pretty good so far. Say Marisa, isn't there another witch that lives in the forest of magic?" You ask as you blow onto the soup to try to cool it down.

"Yeah, you mean Alice? Heh, she's a weird one alright, kind of a loner, and she spends all day playing around with dolls~ze." She comments as she starts to dig into the soup.

"Do you think we could go visit her place today? I'd like to meet some of the other strange people around Gensokyo." You reply as you start poking at your soup with your spoon, did it just blink at you?

"Sure, but don't go callin' her strange, she's normal alright? Just not human~ze." She says with a wink.

You start to dig into your soup and can't quite place the taste... minestrone maybe? Marisa takes a seat on the couch next to you as start into your soup. You and Marisa continue to make small talk as you finish your breakfast. After a moment in silence...

"Hey Marisa?" You chime.

"Yeah, what is it~ze?" She perks up as you get her attention.

"I just wanted to say thanks, for last night... I mean if it weren't for you I'd probably be eaten or had my head cut off or something..." You feel a shiver as you say that last part, that's weird, you get a feeling of deja vu as you rub your neck.

"Aww... I-It was nothing~ze. I was just kinda worried when I heard the front door open last night and went to see if you were okay." Marisa replies with a slight blush. "Although Rumia is kind of a pushover, I really should teach you some danmaku someday~ze!" Marisa straightens up as if to show off as she makes that last comment.

"That might be a good idea. It'll help keep me safer in Gensokyo after all I suppose. But really Marisa, thanks. It meant a lot to me that you cared." You put your soup bowl aside on one of the many piles of books and wrap your arms around Marisa. "Thanks..."

"Z-Ze?!" Marisa flails for a moment not expecting your sudden display of affection. As she does her soup ends up spilling all over her causing her nightgown to cling tightly to every curve of her nubile body. That said, the wetness of her nightgown also makes it partially seethrough...

Marisa suddenly notices your stare and slaps you swiftly across the face, her own is blushing furiously as she quickly gets up and runs over to her room.

"Y-You idiot~ze!"

You lie on the couch rubbing your cheek for a moment as you notice the spilled soup on the floor. You take it upon yourself to find a rag and begin cleaning up the soup.

After some time Marisa comes back out of her room fully dressed, looking obviously frustrated at you as she steps out the front door and hops onto her broom.

"Hurry up and get on...~ze..." Marisa stands there looking at you.

"R-Right..." you stammer as you quickly get behind her on her broom, and before you know it you're already zooming off into the sky towards the house of the seven colored puppeteer.

After flying for some time in silence you speak up.

"I-I'm really sorry about earlier..." You finally say.

"I-It's fine~ze! J-Just don't you dare mention it to anyone else or...else..." She warns.

"Or else what?" You query.

"Or else, or else!" She stammers furiously, you catch a glimpse of her cute blushing face.

You both eventually arrive at another cottage in the forest. From the looks of it, Alice seems to maintain her home much better than Marisa does. You notice some dolls outside the house cleaning the windows and tending to flowers growing around the premises. You walk over to knock on the front door as Marisa suddenly steps in your way slams open the door!

"Yo~ze!" Marisa beams as she barges through the entryway.

Inside you see a strange sight, Alice and Patchouli, both wearing rubber gloves standing over Medicine who's red and black dress has been brought down a little over her shoulders, exposing her back to the two magicians behind her, Su-san makes a very embarrassed gesture as she floats around Medicine.

"Well, well, what have we got here ~ze? It looks like the two magicians are doing some perverted experiments on this poor little doll from the lilies of the valley." Marisa laughs as she pokes at Alice's cheeks.

"Marisa!" Alice shouts as her face fills with a red hue. "It's not like that at all!"

Patchouli just ignores this little spat and continues to look at what looks like runes on Medicine's back while at the same time reading through a book and writing in another.

"Oh, then what were you doing~ze...?" Marisa playful asks as she gently puts a finger under Alice's chin. Patchouli turns to Marisa and calmly answers for the embarrassed puppeteer.

"We are currently in the process of studying how Medicine works as a doll youkai in an attempt to artificially induce tsukumogami on one of Alice's own dolls. Or in layman's terms make one of Alice's dolls think and act independently of her owner." As Patchouli speaks you sense an air of studiousness and elegence that you haven't felt from anyone you've met so far in Gensokyo. She then turns to Medicine. "Medicine, you can put your clothes back on, we will resume this experiment at a later time." At that Medicine nods and begins to zip up the back of her dress.

"It seems we have a new visitor." Patchouli remarks as she stares at you, adjusting her own glasses.

"Yeah Marisa, who is this guy?" Alice questions, her face filled with curiosity.

"This is my outsider~ze!" At this Alice and Patchouli gain an immediate interest in you. "He came through from the border just yesterday!"

"A-Although I honestly have no idea how..." You admit sheepishly as you rub the back of your head.

"Have a seat, I'll make some tea for you." Alice says as she removes her gloves and heads into her kitchen.

After a time, you all settle down with some tea and Marisa introduces everyone and you all discuss the outside world and ZUN ends up coming up in the conversation again--What is it with this guy? After some time, it looks like they're ready to get back to work.

[ ] Head with Marisa off to Kourindou.
[ ] Stay and have a conversation with Alice.
[ ] Stay and have a conversation with Patchouli.
[ ] Head off with Marisa to the Scarlet Devil Mansion (library, especially since the librarian is away...)
[ ] Head off with Marisa the Hakurei Shrine.
>> No. 16086
[X] Stay and have a conversation with Alice.

Dollmaker.
>> No. 16090
[x] Head with Marisa off to Kourindou.

She seems ever-so-slightly more tsundere in this story...
I want more.
>> No. 16091
>>16090
>She seems ever-so-slightly more tsundere in this story...
>I want more.

:D
>> No. 16092
[X] Stay and have a conversation with Alice.

This is the only route. I have no regrets.
>> No. 16094
[B] Head off with Marisa the Hakurei Shrine.
>> No. 16096
[x] Head with Marisa off to Kourindou.

This is a Marisa-centric CYOA.~ze
>> No. 16097
[x] Head with Marisa off to Kourindou.

I was denied scorn's marisa. I will have this one then.
>> No. 16098
[X] Head with Marisa off to Kourindou.
>> No. 16101
Voting stop. I'm gonna call the votes right now. I'm off to see the Transformers now, update sometime mid day tomorow.
>>16096
:D
>> No. 16102
>>16101

>:D

Stop that. And never do that again.
>> No. 16105
>>16102
I'm glad someone other than me feels as strongly about this.
>> No. 16106
>>16105

You always have backup Anon.
>> No. 16107
>>16105
All of us came from /jp/ anyway. So i can only agree here.
>> No. 16130
The whole "Meta knowledge of Touhou and getting to Heaven through the use of a car" is reminding me of Saguya's story beginning.
>> No. 16132
>>16102
Sorry about that guys--I was just happy that people enjoy my story and Marisa

Also I should have a new update sometime later tonight. I've got to do a little research first as it's been awhile since I first read Curiosities of Lotus Asia.
>> No. 16133
>>16130
Concerning this, there seems to be a misunderstanding. I probably should have explained this better in the beginning, but our protagonist didn't actually die. Right before he was hit by the other car, he was brought through a gap minus his car into Gensokyo.
>> No. 16134
>>16133

That is stated clearly enough in it's paragraph.
Just pointing out it is rather parallel with that other story. (Saguya MC didn't die either)
>> No. 16144
File 124590386381.jpg- (203.57KB , 850x1204 , sample-461e3d44864b3840ebed5fe0432f3a48.jpg ) [iqdb]
16144
[X] Head with Marisa off to Kourindou

You and Marisa watch from your seated positions as the two magicians start to continue their research on the poor, poisonous doll. They sit around mumbling to each other as they poke and prod at the runes on runes on Medicine's back. Alice sits with a doll that you assume is Shanghai on her lap as Patchouli makes notes into a book. Marisa eventually gets bored and tries to get a closer look at what the other two girls are doing, pointing at things, asking what they mean, and overall getting in the way of the others.

After some time, you hear some annoyed yelling as Marisa is eventually expelled from the general perimeter that the girls are working around and walks over to you and grabs you by the collar as she begins to walk out the door.

"W-We're going now I guess?" You ask in surprise as you're lead out the door by your collar.

"Yeah ~ze. It was getting boring here anyways ~ze! Hmph! It's not like I wanted to know what they were doing anyways." Marisa pouts as she quickly spirits you away onto her broom.

"Are you sure you're not just angry that they wouldn't pay attention to you?" You ask as your lips curve into a smirk.

"Z-Ze?! Of course not!" Marisa's face flushes red as she realizes that she's been caught. You mentally remark on how cute it is when Marisa acts childish like this. "Don't be silly~ze. I wouldn't let something so silly get to me..."

You chuckle to yourself as you begin to ascend once again into the skies above the Forest of Magic. You watch as Alice's house becomes but a little speck soon lost amongst the greenery below. Hrmm, 'where are we going now?' you wonder to yourself. Almost as soon as you're done thinking it Marisa speaks up.

"We're gonna go visit Kourindou~ze. Hope ya don't mind I needed to see if I could get some errands done there..." Marisa announces and after a moment says, "...a-and I thought that... ya know, since you're from the outside world you might be able to find something useful for yourself there since it's the only place in Gensokyo that has relics from the outside."

That's awfully thoughtful of Marisa, you think to yourself. It would be nice to try to find an ipod of your own, or something else with which you can get your Queen fix, or maybe even something to help defend yourself in Gensokyo.

With these thoughts flying about your head you notice that the endless expanse of trees seems to abruptly come to a stop below you at what you assume to be the edge of the Forest of Magic and below you notice a small little shop with a sign reading something Japanese but after rubbing your eyes you recognize it as "Kourindou." That's weird, a second ago you thought it was in Japanese... You can't read Japanese... can you?. The shop looks to be in the same state of disarray as Marisa's house does on the outside. Piles of odds and ends scatter about, many of the items outside don't look like anything you would recognize from the outside world... except for maybe that discarded and rusty waffle iron sitting at the edge of one of the piles. You also swear that for a split second you saw a girl with blue and black hair and clothes sitting against the side of the shop reading a book before disappearing into the nearby woods.

After dismounting the broom you watch as Marisa barge in to yet another building uninvited. You decide to follow slowly behind her. The inside of the shop feels even more claustrophobic than Marisa's house as there are not only piles of odds and ends everywhere but also shelving units placed into aisles tight enough to only comfortably fit a single person. As you follow Marisa, who's weaving through the aisles and eying every piece of merchandise, you eye various outside world items such as old TVs, a game boy, a cell phone, a Brita water filter... Ooh, an old model iBook.... Marisa quickly finds herself at the front counter of the shop and proceeds to walk past it and into what you assume is the back office. After a moment's hesitation you decide to follow her back there.

"Yo Kourin~ze!" Marisa booms as she triumphantly skips happily into the back room of the store.

Rinnosuke looks up from a book that he's reading, seemingly unimpressed with Marisa's grand display, sips from his cup, and goes back to reading. You study him for a moment as he sits idly reading. His hair silver hair sits unkempt upon his head. His black and blue outfit looks worn with stitches showing where it's been worn in too much and mended back together.

"Are you in to actually buy something today? Also I've told you not to barge straight into my living quaters." Rinnosuke's voice comes out in a masculine tone but with an air of disinterest.

"I need some help with something~ze. A few things actually..." Marisa pulls out the Mini-Hakkero from her hat and presents it to the storeowner. "I think I need it fixed again, it's starting to make little sparks when I use it."

"Don't you normally use it to make big sparks, Marisa?" Rinnosuke replies without even looking up from his book.

"That's not what I mean~ze! How can I beat Reimu in a match if all my secret weapons aren't at their best~ze?!" Marisa whines.

"Fine I'll take a look at it..." He says after putting his book aside and taking the Mini-Hakkero in his hands. "You've been sitting large pots on it again for soup haven't you...?" He states, his voice still sounding very much bored. Marisa bats her eyes and grins widely at his last comment.

"Maaaaaybe...~ze."

"You've got to be careful with it, the magic I've infused it with can take a lot of abuse, but the outside world parts aren't so resilient." Rinnosuke lectures to Marisa when he finally notices you standing behind her. "Oh, well you're a new face." Rinnosuke's voice takes a slightly more interested tone as he speaks to you. He then turns to Marisa, "Well, weren't you going to introduce me to your new friend?" It seems that Marisa had been waiting for this opportunity as she puts her hands on your shoulders to present you to Rinnosuke.

"This is my outsider~ze! Pretty interestin', huh?" Marisa proclaims loudly and you can feel her wide grin as she introduces you.

"Is that so? We don't get many of your kind around here. I'm Morichika Rinnosuke, I guess you could say I'm sort of like Marisa's babysitter." Rinnosuke offers a hand to you that you promptly accept and he suddenly seems much more lively.

"Hey! Just cause you worked for my dad back when doesn't mean you're my babysitter~ze! I take care of myself just fine!" Marisa fumes at Rinnosuke, her cheeks taking on that cute pink tinge again. Rinnosuke completely ignores Marisa as he takes you aside and starts showing you around the store, asking you exactly how to use each and every outside world artifact.

After tirelessly dragging you around the store to find out the uses of every single item from the outside, he gives you a rest and decides to put on some tea for the three of you. After some time, Marisa wanders off into the main part of the shop, you assume to look at the wares and "borrow" some items. Rinnosuke returns with the tea and offers you a cup to which you gratefully accept. After a moment Rinnosuke's face takes a serious tone as he stares intently at you.

"You know, I've been watching you around that girl out there and just wanted to let you know that I used to work for her father many years ago and have watched her grow up since she was just a little tyke and I had to ask you..." You gulp as his question comes at you, "How do you feel about Marisa?"

[ ] "I don't know."
[ ] "She's pretty cute I guess."
[ ] "She's obnoxious."
[ ] "I think I'm falling for her."

[ ] Write-in
>> No. 16148
[X] "She's pretty cute I guess."

I like Marisa, but there's no need to come on too strongly. Another character just might be more appealing.
>> No. 16150
[x] "Mostly gratitude. I pass through the border unprepared, with no magical ability, or weapons, right into the presence of a person who could obviate all these issues. That's like divine fucking divine providence, man."
[x] "So, until your shop starts handing out freebie military-grade weapons and mechanized armor, I suppose I'll be sticking to the magician like white on rice."
>> No. 16151
[x] "Mostly gratitude. I pass through the border unprepared, with no magical ability, or weapons, right into the presence of a person who could obviate all these issues. That's like divine fucking divine providence, man."
[x] "So, until your shop starts handing out freebie military-grade weapons and mechanized armor, I suppose I'll be sticking to the magician like white on rice."
>> No. 16154
[X] "She's pretty cute I guess."

She'll overhear us somehow. She will.
>> No. 16155
[x] "Mostly gratitude. I pass through the border unprepared, with no magical ability, or weapons, right into the presence of a person who could obviate all these issues. That's like divine fucking divine providence, man."
[x] "So, until your shop starts handing out freebie military-grade weapons and mechanized armor, I suppose I'll be sticking to the magician like white on rice."
>> No. 16156
[X] "She's pretty cute I guess."
>> No. 16157
[x] "Mostly gratitude. I pass through the border unprepared, with no magical ability, or weapons, right into the presence of a person who could obviate all these issues. That's like divine fucking divine providence, man."
[x] "So, until your shop starts handing out freebie military-grade weapons and mechanized armor, I suppose I'll be sticking to the magician like white on rice."
>> No. 16158
[X] "She's pretty cute I guess."
>> No. 16159
[X] She's pretty cute I guess
>> No. 16160
Morning all, voting stop. Update hopefully soon.
>> No. 16162
File 124595540233.jpg- (162.87KB , 850x686 , sample-3a6e259fb4a7888f32ad9b988bb44062.jpg ) [iqdb]
16162
[X] "She's pretty cute I guess."

You think to yourself very hard about that last question. Marisa has been watching over you since you were thrust through the border, and she has saved your life once already since you've gotten here. You're grateful for that, but you've only really known the girl for a day, it's too soon for you to have a proper idea of what she means to you just yet. So after a moments thought you give your reply.

"Marisa... She's pretty cute, I guess. She's kind of a handful, but I don't hate her if that's what you mean." You reply adjusting your glasses, thats right, she fixed those too. As you dwell on your own answer, you catch a glimpse of Marisa in the reflection on Rinnosuke's glasses, she seems to be eavesdropping on the two of you.

"Is that how you see her then?" Rinnosuke puts a hand to his chin to think for a moment on your reply. "Well, she definitely is a handful, I'll give you that, but if she ever becomes more than that to you just be careful." Rinnosuke then puts a hand to your shoulder and looks you deep in the eyes, "But if you ever do anything to hurt her, you'll have to answer to me." You gulp as Rinnosuke's voice becomes firm and quiet with his last warning.

"A-Alright..." You glance again into the reflection and Marisa is gone.

"Anyways I'll hand this over to you for now," Rinnosuke begins as he puts the Mini-Hakkero into your hand, his voice much calmer now. "We'll call your showing me how to use items from your world payment for the repairs on this. And also, could you fetch Marisa for me, I have a letter for her."

You wander off into the obstacle course of the main store and attempt to find Marisa through the piles of junk. After tripping over odds and ends god knows how many times you eventually find Marisa looking at a sword on one of the higher shelves.

"Finally found you. Hey, what are you looking at?" You call out to her as Marisa quickly takes notice of you and then returns to looking at the sword.

"This sword, Kourin calls it the Sword of Kirisame, although I think he just made that name up." As Marisa stares intently at the sword, you take not of it and pick it up off the shelf. You feel a strange power coursing through it as you hold it. It feels like the sword is trying to speak to you somehow. After a moment you come back to your senses and finally remember why you had been searching for Marisa.

"Hey, Rinnosuke wanted to talk to you, he said something about having a letter for you." You recall as Marisa stares blankly at you.

"A letter~ze? Hrmm, I'll go check it out." And with that Marisa runs off to the back room as you continue studying the sword. The sword has a gold encrusted hilt that and is overall shaped more like a western broadsword than one you would expect to see in Gensokyo. There's an inscription on the sheath of the sword in Japanese again... wait is it in Japanese? You can read it fine now... "Kusana-". As you're about to pull the sword out of the sheath you're immediately distracted by a loud yell from the backroom.

"What?! I don't care if it's my father~ze! I told him I'm not going back to the village!" Marisa's voice is filled with anger and contempt.

"But he's sick Marisa, you really should go to see him." Rinnosuke's voice comes out still as calm as ever.

"I-I... I dunno~ze." Marisa sounds defeated, and you hear the stomping coming to your general direction as Marisa just passes by in front of you and continues through the front door. "We're going~ze." Her voice comes out harsh. As you watch her leave through the front door you feel a hand on your shoulder from behind. As you look behind you, you notice that Rinnosuke is looking out through the front door as well.

"You should go with her, if she heads to the human village she'll need all the support she can get." His voice much more somber than before as he speaks. "Also, I see you've gained an interest in this sword. I feel a little hesitant, but I can feel a connection between you and this particular blade. I believe you have good intentions and will not abuse it. You should take it with you, I believe you or Marisa mentioned that you have no form of defense here in Gensokyo other than that mischievous girl. If you do decide to take it with you, promise me that you will only use it if your life depends upon it."

------------------

The sword of Kusa-... Kirisame
[ ] Take the sword.
[ ] Don't take the sword.

Marisa
[ ] "Marisa, we should go visit your father if he's sick."
[ ] "Marisa, we don't have to go if you don't want to" (suggest somewhere else)
[ ] "Marisa, can we go to the human village? We don't have to visit your father there if you don't want to."
[ ] "Marisa, let's just go back home."
>> No. 16163
>"But if you ever do anything to hurt her, you'll have to answer to me."

Okay, but honestly, I'd be more afraid of what she might do to us than what Kourin would do.

>"Anyways I'll hand this over to you for now," Rinnosuke begins as he puts the Mini-Hakkero into your hand, his voice much calmer now. "We'll call your showing me how to use items from your world payment for the repairs on this. And also, could you fetch Marisa for me, I have a letter for her."

Oh. Marisa is paid in return for our services. How thoughtful of--

>I feel a little hesitant, but I can feel a connection between you and this particular blade. I believe you have good intentions and will not abuse it. You should take it with you, I believe you or Marisa mentioned that you have no form of defense here in Gensokyo other than that mischievous girl.

[x] Take the sword.

[x] "Marisa, can we go see the human village? We don't have to visit your father there if you don't want to."
>> No. 16176
[x] Take the sword.

[x] "Marisa, can we go see the human village? We don't have to visit your father there if you don't want to."
>> No. 16177
[x] Take the sword.

[x] "Marisa, can we go see the human village? We don't have to visit your father there if you don't want to."

Seems a little rushed, but you can make it flow.
>> No. 16178
[X]Take the sword.

Love Sign [Master Blade] needs to come into existance once the guy knows some magic.

[X]Marisa, can we go see the human village? We don't have to visit your father there if you don't want to.
>> No. 16180
>>16178
>> Triforce Sign [Master Sword]

...
>> No. 16183
Please don't recycle the Kusanagi, I'll be using one of our approved emotes if you do.

[x] Take the sword.

[x] "Marisa, can we go see the human village? We don't have to visit your father there if you don't want to."
>> No. 16186
>>16180

Go look up Marisa's combo shot with Alice and Patchouli in Touhou Soccer.
And if I wasn't posting on my Wii, I'd post an appropriate picture to display my irritation at your 'fix' to my post.
>> No. 16187
>>16186

Then my work here is done.
>> No. 16190
The story so far is turning out to be nice to read. If I had to complain, I'd say that Marisa says "ze" too much.
>> No. 16193
>>16190
Sorry, you're going to have to deal with it, as I enjoy funny little speech habits like that in characters.
>> No. 16195
[X] "Keine, uhm... I could use some new clothes. These ones are a little torn..."
>> No. 16198
[x] "Could you show us the school that you work at, Keine?"
>> No. 16200
[X] Take the sword.
[X] "Marisa, can we go see the human village? We don't have to visit your father there if you don't to."

You hang on to the sword, it just feels right in your grip. It feels familiar... like you've wielded it before. Something tells you that you should take it with you.

"Well, okay, I guess I'll take it along with me. It feels... right." You reply as you strap the the sword onto one of your belt loops. Rinnosuke just smiles at your response.

"Well, you better get going. Don't want to keep her waiting." Rinnosuke winks at you and motions towards the front door.

"Thanks, I'll pay you back for this somehow." You smile as you head out the front door.

"I expect you to, I've got plenty of more objects and calculation shikigamis I need you to show me how to operate." Rinnosuke quips at you.

Marisa stands outside, straddling her broom, she looks rather distraught as she stares down at her broom. You walk over and put a hand onto her shoulder, as you do so she looks over to you she looks lost.

"Marisa it's okay, we don't have to go visit your father if you don't want to, but I did want to to go visit the human village--you know just to look around and perhaps do some shopping." Marisa looks dismayed. "Really, we don't have to go see your father, I promise. It's going to be alright."

"Alright ~ze." Marisa, pulls her hat down over her head a bit to cover her eyes. With a sigh Marisa grips her broom handle. "L-Let's get going ~ze."

With that, you join Marisa on your spot behind her on her broom and wrap your arms around her waist. As you both ascend into the skies, you watch as Rinnosuke just looks up at the two of you. Kourindou and Rinnosuke soon vanish from sight and all you have before you is the horizon. A silence passes over the both of you for more than half the trip before Marisa finally speaks up.

"Ya know... I never really got along well with my father~ze." You're suddenly surprised by Marisa's break from silence. "He was always busy with work~ze. He worked such long hours in the shop while he left me alone in my room, he had me privately tutored~ze. Kourin worked for him and sometimes babysat me. My father didn't trust me out in public since my mother's death. I spent lots of time by myself because of it~ze. I started reading books about magic and began practicing privately on my own." Her voice starts to take an angry tone. "My father found out about me practicing and prohibited me from everything and everyone. I guess like the other humans he was very much afraid of magic as well as what the other villagers would think of us if they found out that the daughter of the Kirisame-ya was practicing evil magic. I eventually ran away from home and started living in the Forest of Magic with some help from Kourin~ze."

"I'm sorry Marisa. I-I had no idea. If I had known I wouldn't have even suggested we head on over to the hu-"

"It's alright~ze. It's been awhile since I've last seen my tutor anyways." She cuts you off with a slight smile.

You hold onto Marisa a little tighter as you continue flying towards the human village. You feel a closeness to her as you rest rest your head against her shoulder. Marisa leans her head onto yours as suddenly a village appears beneath the two of you.

"There's a barrier that blocks the human village from sight. It keeps the humans safe and makes it harder for Youkai to find the village~ze." Marisa explains.

As you two land, many people stare at the two of you but keep their distance, they all stare at you with wary glances. The sun is beginning set as you both disembark from Marisa's broom.

"Hey, Marisa could you show me around?" You smile at Marisa as you start to look around at the village that looks like a set from a fuedal Japanese movie.

"Alright~ze. It's been awhile since I've last been here but alright, first lets go to-"

"Marisa! Is that you?" A pleasant looking woman with a blue dress, her hair silver with blue highlights and a square shaped hat with a red ribbon in it, waves as she approaches the two of you.

"Ms. Kamishirasawa~ze?!" Marisa runs over to the woman and the two hug each other in a tight embrace.

"Marisa, its so good to see you again!" She ruffles Marisa's head as she hugs her.

"This is my tutor~ze. She taught me everything I know about anything... including a few magic spells~ze." Marisa excitedly proclaims as she introduces the woman next to her.

"Kamishirasawa Keine, it's a pleasure to meet you." She introduces herself with a bow.

"I-It's an honor to meet you, thanks to your teachings Marisa seems to be blossoming into a fine young woman." You reply as you bow back to her.

"Ms. Kamishirasawa, we were just visiting to do some shopping~ze..."

"Oh, is that so?" Keine asks with a bit of surprise. "I thought you were here to visit your father at the Kirisame-ya. He's very ill you know."

"O-Oh, i-is that so... I-I wasn't aware~ze..." Marisa lies as she pulls the brim of her hat down a little to cover her eyes.

[ ] "Keine, could you show us somewhere to eat?"
[ ] "Keine, uhm... I could use some new clothes. These ones are a little torn..."
[ ] "Hey, Marisa, we probably should go visit your dad..."
[ ] "Could you show us the school that you work at, Keine?"
>> No. 16202
[ ] "Keine, uhm... I could use some new clothes. These ones are a little torn..."
>> No. 16203
File 124612871978.jpg- (30.15KB , 600x600 , fffffffffff.jpg ) [iqdb]
16203
>>16200

>private tutor
>tutor not plural
>tutor was Keine
>KEINE
>thought Marisa some spells
>Lack of any mention of Mima

3...2...1
Son I am Disappoint
>> No. 16205
[X] "Keine, could you show us somewhere to eat?"
>> No. 16206
>>16203

SOME spells, not all of them. Marisa was only making mention of that which referred to the human village directly.

Also there WILL be Mima
>> No. 16207
[X] "Keine, could you show us somewhere to eat?"
>> No. 16208
[X] "Keine, could you show us somewhere to eat?"
>> No. 16209
Voting, stop! Writing soon, also new thread.
>> No. 16210
>>16209

No new thread.

It isn't autosage yet.
>> No. 16211
K, no new thread, sorry, I'm still new at this whole writefag/having my own thread thing.
>> No. 16212
>>16211

Autosage sets in at around 197 posts. Just a heads up.
>> No. 16213
>>16210
I remember the times when a new thread was made when 400 post were made and the loading of the page became a pain.
>> No. 16215
File 124617659846.jpg- (73.23KB , 395x600 , 3541220_m.jpg ) [iqdb]
16215
[X]"Keine, could you show us somewhere to eat?"

You all stand around for a moment, trying to decide what sights you should see or shops you should visit. As you open your mouth to speak, a loud roar emanates from your stomach.

"I know a place nearby that has some nice food, if you would like." Keine speaks up as she stifles a giggle.

You blush as you shyly put a hand behind your head. "Eheheh, if you don't mind, I guess I am a little hungry..."

"Yeah! Let's get some grub~ze!" Marisa exclaims excitedly.

"I know just the place." Keine says as she leads you through the streets.

As you two walk through the streets, you notice the architecture of the buildings around you. The buildings have a Meiji era style to them. It feels almost like you're walking through an episode of Rurouni Kenshin. As the three of you walk through the village, you notice something very peculiar--there's no people in the streets. As you walk along, you notice windows and doors shutting close. Were they scared of the two of you flying in because they think you and Marisa are youkai?

"So what kind of food does this place have?" You ask Keine out of curiosity.

"Well, it's sort of a ramen and takoyaki shop. It's publicly owned by a close friend of mine..." Keine replies. She then leans in and whispers, "Unofficial it's actually just co-owned by her and... a special friend of hers." Keine explains with a wink.

Who could this friend of her's be... as well as her "special friend you wonder to yourself. You eventually come to shop with a sign that reads "Birds of Paradise." That's an interesting name you think to yourself. As you walk in, the store exudes a feeling of a home kitchen. The restaurant feels just like those ramen shops you've seen on TV, only feeling like a set from a feudal Japanese show. Keine greets the shop owner who is a fairly young looking woman with long silver hair, dressed in a long-sleeved button-up shirt and almost poofy looking red pants being held up with suspenders and decorated with what looks like various seals all over them.

"Good evening Mokou!" Keine beams as she enters the resaurant.

"Evening' Keine. Haven't you had enough ramen for several lifetimes by now?" The young girl replies, her voice sounding a bit butch for a girl.

"Well, I just enjoy your company afterall, it's become so lonely without you helping out at the school with me." Keine retorts with a mock sad face. "By the way, I'm sure your remember Marisa, and this is her special friend..." Keine says with a smile and a wink to Marisa.

"Keine! Don't say such things that could be taken the wrong way~ze." Marisa says as she begins blushing furiously and playfully hitting Keine on her arm.

"Heheh... Well, anyways could you bring out, your special friend? You know Marisa's okay with it, and her friend is pretty familiar with youkai and magic by now." Mokou makes an awkward face at Keine's last comment.

"Well... If you say it's okay..." Mokou begins, "Mystia! Miss Keine's here along with some of her friends, could you come greet them?" Mokou yells towards the backroom.

Afterwards, you here a heavenly voice humming from the backroom as a girl with pink hair skips along from the back room and dances along putting her arms around Mokou. There's something peculiar about this girl, she's clad in a brown dress with various frills and bows. She wears a hat with wings on them as well as a having wings on her back. Also she bears claws on her fingers, other than that she seems to be a perfectly normal looking girl. Moukou blushes as she motions towards the girl clinging to her.

"Eheheh.... th-this is Mystia sh-she's my..." Mokou begins as her face is flushed with a red hue.

"Girlfriend!" Mystia's voice melodically finishes Mokou's sentence as she rubs her cheek against Mokou's. Mokou turns away as she tries to hide her embarrassment.

"Mysty is a night sparrow youkai. She and Mokou had been on professional terms for awhile before they eventually found out that they had feelings for each other... its sort of a long story, but now they both co-own this ramen and barbeque restaurant."

"Y-Yeah... It's like Keine said..." Mokou says, looking visibly uncomfortable.

"Well, what's good on the menu?" You ask eagerly to Keine and Mokou.

"Might I suggest the fried eel?" Mysty chimes in.

"Sounds good~ze!" Marisa pipes ups. She seems eager to get some food.

"Alright then, an order of fried eel all around as well as sake for me and my friends." Keine orders to Mokou.

"Coming right up!" Mokou says with a smile.

At that Mokou and Mystia get to work. Mysty quickly runs into the back and brings back several raw eels on skewers. She holds the skewers over Mokou as her hands set themselves ablaze and starts to barbecue the eels. They continue on with their show which resembles something like a show of a chef at a hibachi restaruant--only there are two of them, and one is a night sparrow youkai and one is what you assume is a human with flame magic.

"Mokou is human, but she was granted immortality when she drank of the Hourai Elixer. Because of that she was granted immortality and eventually over time she acquired the spirit of a phoenix and was granted it's powers." Keine explains quite matter-of-factly.

After an amazing display of culinary expertise, your meal is prepared along with bottles of warm sake. The aroma emanating from the meal makes you all the hungrier and before you all dig in...

"Itadakimasu!" You all proclaim loudly as you dig in to your meal.

After finishing your meals you all continue speaking amongst yourselves as Marisa boisterously shows you off and your outside-worldness, among other things. Things start to settle down, and the sun begins to set.

[ ] Talk to Keine about the condition of the village and Marisa's father.
[ ] Talk to Mokou and Mystia about their relationship.
[ ] Head out somewhere else (write-in)
[ ] "We really should visit your father, Marisa"
>> No. 16216
Yes, I went there. For those who didn't get the reference, see this:
http://danbooru.donmai.us/pool/show/677
Awesome fanon Moukou/Mysty crack pairing
>> No. 16217
[x] Talk to Mokou and Mystia about their relationship.
>> No. 16218
>>16216

diabeetus
>> No. 16219
[x] Talk to Mokou and Mystia about their relationship.

OTP
>> No. 16222
Overly deredere Marisa and now a crack pairing with Mokou and Chinchin.

This is either YAFerrible or Saguya so bad it's good. None the less, ORZ
>> No. 16225
[x] Talk to Mokou and Mystia about their relationship.
>> No. 16227
>>16222

Agreeing with this poster, might wanna tone that down a bit
>> No. 16230
>>16227
I'll try to tone down the fanon stuffs in my story. Although I'm still going to keep Marisa deredere.
>> No. 16233
[x] Talk to Mokou and Mystia about their relationship.
>> No. 16234
File 124624488138.gif- (319.54KB , 500x3961 , 4364082.gif ) [iqdb]
16234
>>16222
>a crack pairing with Mokou and Chinchin.
>ORZ
Screw you, this is awesome. I love those comics.


That said, there are some other problems here. Was our character a touhou fan or not?
>>15936
>arguing over which Touhou is the better to play as--the obvious answer is MarisaB unless you're talking about UFO then its now MarisaA
>>15970
>>Telling her that I've heard all about her and adventures through a video game might be a little much for her to handle.
>>16215
>There's something peculiar about this girl, she's clad in a brown dress with various frills and bows.
>one is what you assume is a human with flame magic

Also, this:
>"Mokou is human, but she was granted immortality when she drank of the Hourai Elixer. Because of that she was granted immortality and eventually over time she acquired the spirit of a phoenix and was granted it's powers." Keine explains quite matter-of-factly.
is a very out-of-place infodump. Try to be more subtle about that, work it into conversation somehow.
>> No. 16235
>>16234
That could just be chalked up to not having played IN, but he'd have to have avoided it like the plauge, which for some reason, I don't see happening.

The other possibility is that he's feigning ignorance for now, since him knowing and recognizing every single character would raise some awkward questions very fast.
But that would put him in the 'unreliable narrator' category, so I'm not sure how certain that is.
>> No. 16237
File 124625052652.jpg- (83.08KB , 496x331 , 81009221abbbdea083dbde66b44374df.jpg ) [iqdb]
16237
>>16234
>>16235
Thanks for your input guys. Also I am sorry for my sense of storytelling. To be completely honest with you guys I had a few drinks while writing that last update/hanging out with friends/playing Ghostbusters. Another update hopefully tonight.
>> No. 16238
File 124627612476.jpg- (216.98KB , 1009x804 , 8801fb4e7d709d2ca52dee32878622e6.jpg ) [iqdb]
16238
[X] Talk to Mokou and Mystia about their relationship.

While sitting around you watch as Mokou and Mystia act lovey dovey around each other, Mystia taking the lead in all their public shows of affection and Mokou trying to hide her embarrassment by trying to act tough and save face. You recognize both of them from the games in the outside world, but you don't recall ever having heard anything about Mokou and Mystia having a relationship together. You look over at Marisa who's pointing at Mokou and making lewd comments and innuendos, she seems rather used to the idea.

"So you had feelings for each other after all~ze!" Marisa laughs as she bounces up and down in her chair.

"Y-yeah... 'Eel cart lady' is quite the catch..." Mokou replies with a blush.

"Say... How did the two of you two end up together anyways?" You ask with a curious expression across your face.

"Yeah! I never got the full story~ze!" Marisa leans in anxiously.

"Mokou, I too would like to hear the full story again." Keine asks as she sits daintily in her chair. Mokou sighs as she sits looks over at the night sparrow clinging to her arm.

"Alright, alright... Now where to begin... That was back when I was just making coal for the human village to get by, right?" Mokou thinks to herself as she looks over as you and Marisa.

"Well, as I remember it... This was when I still kept my eel stand out in the woods. You remember, Marisa? Keine?" The two of them nod in response as Mystia recalls her part of the story. "Well, I needed coal for my stand to cook my barbecued eel so I would visit Mokou every few weeks in order to restock. Every time I would go visit her she would be chopping wood and working very hard to make coal." Mystia's eyes glaze over for a second as she recalls her earlier memories of Mokou. "She was one of the first humans that wouldn't be afraid of me and immediately attack me. Although, after awhile I eventually found out she wasn't your normal human."

"That's right, you would come by my place every few weeks when I wasn't making a delivery in the village and pick up a new batch of coal." Mokou glances over at Mystia as she continues the story. "Then at one point you started showing up more often. Waiting only one week, or a couple of days." Mystia begins to blush at Mokou's last comment.

"Not long afterwards, I snuck over to the human village just to catch a glimpse of you..." Mystia continues to blush as she rubs her cheek against Mokou's own. "I saw how kind Mokou was around the villagers. I think that's when I really knew that I was in love with Mokou. I also caught a glimpse of how nice the humans could be and began to care about their well-being a lot more... Although some of the humans here in the village, mostly the older ones still don't appreciate youkai like me, so I stay in the back most of the time while there are people in the shop..." Mystia sighs at her own comment. "But anyways! I had tried winning over Mokou by trying to make her box lunches, but as soon as I saw Mokou's face, I would get too shy and just ask for more coal..." Mystia's winged ears lower in embarrassment as her blush deepens in color.

"I remember, I really started having feelings for Mysty, after the first time i heard her singing while I was wandering the woods one night... I think I remember it becoming harder to see after the first time I heard her sing, but I ended up just closing my eyes to listen to her that first time. I came by to eat after that and noticed just how cute you were, but I was worried that you just thought of me as just the 'coal lady'." Mokou thinks aloud as she wraps an arm around Mystia.

"Was that around the time that you asked me to sing for the first time?" Mystia asks Mokou, to which she nods in response. "'Cause I thought you just thought of me as just the 'eel cart lady'. I remember I sang my heart out to you that night and tried not to make you suffer night blindness from my song..." Mystia's eyes turn away from Mokou for a moment as she continues. "But then you just disappeared for several weeks, and you only showed up just to deliver my regular shipment of coal. I thought that there would be no chance for us after that."

"Well, I had been kind of embarrassed to see you after that, because after hearing you sing my heart would pound so hard whenever I thought about you. Although, I was scared that you still only thought of me as just the coal lady. It was a little hard to approach you after that." Mokou replies to Mystia as she wraps her other arm around her.

"Oh, yeah~ze! I think I remember now! Reimu and I went over to Mystia's cart sometime around then, 'cause that's when you were having troubles and started tellin' us about it~ze." Marisa chimes in excitedly. "Man, I was so drunk after that, I don't think I was able to fly home by myself." Marisa continues with a smile.

"Yeah... You told me that Mystia was in love with someone around that time, and I took you over to a sweets shop to have you tell me more." Mokou sighs as she looks over at Marisa. "You really did help me out there though. I don't know if I could have gone through with confessing to Mystia if you hadn't told me about that."

"Although we ended up confessing to each other at the same time not long after that. Afterwards one thing lead to another and we ended up getting this shop together so that Mokou could watch over the village and I could be near her always." Mystia smiles to herself as she bats her eyes at Mokou.

"Aw, that's just too sweet~ze!" Marisa booms as Mystia and Mokou finish their story.

"I did quite enjoy that, Mokou. It was much more interesting having several people tell their sides of the story than the first time you told me about it." Keine, smiles as she acknowledges Mokou who nods in reply.

"I guess after all, it's thanks to you that we got together, Marisa. If I can ever help you out with something like that just let me know. There isn't someone you have feelings for is there?" Mokou says as she turns to Marisa who seemingly involuntarily looks over to you before looking back over to Mokou before you can notice and saying.

"Th-there's no one~ze!" You're shocked at Marisa's sudden outburst as her face turns a little pink. Did you just see what you thought you saw there?

"All right, all right. But really, if you ever need help with something like that, let either of us know, 'kay?" Mokou replies.

"Alright... It is getting a bit late though~ze." Marisa stretches in her seat as she looks over at you, her cheeks regaining their normal color. "Was there anything you wanted to do last minute in the village before we go?" Keine, looks at Marisa with a puzzled look as Marisa speaks to you.

"You really aren't going to visit your father today, even though he's sick?" Keine speaks up with concern.

"Well..." Marisa begins.

[ ] Suggest somewhere in the human village. (write-in)
[ ] Suggest you both head back over to Marisa's house.
[ ] Suggest you visit Marisa's dad--you're already here in the village after all.
>> No. 16245
[X] Suggest you visit Marisa's dad--you're already here in the village after all.
>> No. 16247
File 124630005580.jpg- (82.32KB , 600x600 , 1246166710448.jpg ) [iqdb]
16247
That is such an awkward point to chime in with your suggestion.

Also
>make coal
>> No. 16272
[X] Suggest you visit Marisa's dad--you're already here in the village after all.
>> No. 16290
File 124635992315.jpg- (68.00KB , 640x640 , e1a1d7ae2ac81f067e14cb267787397a.jpg ) [iqdb]
16290
[X] Suggest you visit Marisa's dad--you're already here in the village after all.

Marisa looks down at her empty plate. Her face seems distraught, you can sympathize with the conflict that she's experiencing. She has had some trouble problems with her dad in the past, but he's still her family after all.

"Hey Marisa... you really should go and visit your dad..." You begin as you put a hand on her shoulder. At that Marisa makes a groaning sound as she turns away and brings the brim of her hat over her eyes. You grab the hat and take it away from her.

"Hey! Give it back~ze!" Marisa whines as she reaches to grab her hat, which you keep just out of reach of her hands.

"Listen first Marisa." You reply sternly. "I know you and your dad have had your problems in the past, but he's still your dad, he's still family. No matter what problems you go through, at the end of the day he'll always be your father and you'll always be his daughter. And another thing Marisa-"

"Fine! Fine! I get it~ze! I'll go, just drop it already." Marisa shouts at you, obviously annoyed as she swats a hand at you.

"Good, would you like me to take you there?" Keine asks with a look of relief on her face.

"Uhm... I guess... I-I mean I know where it is, but I don't want to face him by myself~ze." Marisa begins as she turns to Keine. She seems to take a more subdued tone with Keine.

"All right then, I'll walk you there. I'll be with you when you talk to your father as well if you want." Keine comforts Marisa as she puts a hand on her other shoulder. Keine then turns to Mokou and Mystia and pulls out a small purse, to which Mokou puts a hand up and shakes her head.

"Keine, it's alright this one'll be on me. You are my good friend afterall." Mokou speaks up with a smile.

"Why thank you, and good luck to the two of you. I wish you happiness." Keine replies as you all leave the restaurant.

"See ya~ze!" Marisa shouts as she waves goodbye.

Night has fallen in the human village. The moon looks to be only a couple days from being full. The three of you walk towards the direction that you assume leads to the Kirisame-ya second hand store in silence. Marisa seems visibly worried. Several times you attempt to break the silence and try to comfort Marisa but you think better of it and kept quiet.

You eventually come up small two story building, the sign above the door reads "Kirisame-ya: Second Hand Goods." You all stand around the front of the store, Marisa looks up at the sign to the store and sighs deeply.

"I never thought I'd be back here so soon~ze." Marisa sighs deeply. She looks over at Keine with a worried look.

"Shall we?" Keine begins as she knocks on the front door.

"Well, no one home, let's get goin' alright~ze?" Marisa proposes anxiously.

After a moment you hear footsteps coming towards the wooden front door of the shop. The front door slides open just enough for you to get a peek at a young woman with short dark green hair set with a yellow hair band, wearing plain-looking, green robes. She looks puzzled for a moment as she stares at the three of you.

"I'm sorry we're currently closed right now. We open at-" She pauses as she looks at Marisa. "Oh my! Miss Kirisame! P-Please come on in, a-and you two must be her friends, come in, come in. Please forgive my rudeness." She fumbles over her words as she bows and invites the three of you into the store. As you look around the store, it very much resembles Marisa's own house, only it feels more like a store. There are cluttered odds and ends everywhere and the store has a musky old antique smell to it.

"Your father is currently bedridden upstairs. Please, follow me." The woman asks the three of you before bowing before you again.

"Marisa, who is this lady?" You ask as the three of you follow the young woman up a flight of stairs.

"This is Kotori. She was hired to watch over the house upstairs and the store after my mother passed away~ze." Marisa says in reply.

"I have been in the service of Mr. Kirisame for many years now." Kotori adds.

At the top of the stairs, Kotori opens a door and lets herself in, holding the door to allow the rest of you in. Keine, enters first but you notice that Marisa has stopped at the door, arms clenched at her sides.

"Marisa, everything's going to be okay." You say as you put a hand on her shoulder. Marisa just looks at you and tries to smile before entering the doorway.

You look around the upstairs home, it looks very much like a small apartment with a kitchen attatched to a living area and a couple rooms, one of which you imagine is the rest room. The house has wood paneling all around the inside and a couple windows. At one end of the room is large bed, with a slightly larger man who looks to be in his late forties to early fifties. He looks distinctly Japanese, with long greying hair put up in a knot on his head and a short grey mustache to match. It sounds like he's having trouble breathing even in his sleep. Kotori walks up to his bedside and gently nudges him on his arm.

"Mr. Kirisame, I apologize for interrupting your rest, but your daughter has come to visit." Kotori says, her voice slightly shaky.

"Hrmm... What?! What was that? *Cough* I told you not to wake me-" Marisa's dad shouts blearily.

"Sir, your daughter has arrived." Kotori steps back and motions to Marisa who begins to back away, but you quickly grab her wrist and give her a firm look.

"U-Uhm... H-Hi Papa~ze..." Marisa begins hesitantly.

"*Cough* Well if it isn't my *cough* daughter. Yer still speakin' in that weird way. Must be you after all *hack* *cough*." Marisa's dad says harshly as he tries to stifle his coughs. "Ya still practicin' that ghost devil's magic?! *Cough*" Even in his weakened state, his words come out harsh one after the other.

"I-I uhm... Y-Yeah! A-And I'm doing just fine on my own in the Forest of Magic~ze!"

"Well, what are ya gonna do wit yer life? Ya can't very well make a livin' doin' parlor tricks all day long. That's what was always wrong wit ya. Ya ain't got no initiative! Yer always thinkin' about that god awful magic! Nothin' good never came from magic or youkai!" Marisa's dad points at Marisa, his voice still bearing an aggressive tone.

"I-I've got my own shop~ze! A-And I exterminate youkai with the Hakurei miko~ze!" Marisa pleads to prove herself to her father. Her father just sneers at her last comment.

"Why don't ya come back here and work wit' yer old man and work a real job like the rest of us in the village." He continues to point accusingly at Marisa, his voice becoming more agressive with each passing moment. "Besides, what made you care so much to show yer face 'round here?"

"W-Well, I-I heard you were sick a-and..." Marisa begins as she looks down at the floor, tears starting to well up in her eyes.

"And was worried and came to see me?! Psssh! Ya never bothered to care before, what makes this time so special?" Marisa's dad criticizes to her.

"W-Well I-I... Jeez! I-I hate you so much~ze!" Marisa storms out of the room tears flowing from her eyes. You chase after her as well as Kotori, but Keine stops her by putting a hand on her shoulder and just giving her a look, to which Kotori just nods in acknowledgement.

As you catch up to Marisa outside the shop, her back is facing you. You turn her around by her shoulder and she looks up at you, tears streaking down her face, she looks like a mess.

"S-See! Th-This is why I hate seeing my father~ze!" She pouts as she continues sobbing. "H-He always criticizes me a-and... never listens to a word I say~ze. Th-The one time I care to visit him because I'm worried he still criticizes me f-for it!"

"M-Marisa, I-I'm sorry..." You apologize as you look away. Keine approaches the two of you from the shop, a very worried look on her face.

Continued.
>> No. 16291
"Marisa! Kotori told me some very very important news!" Her face seems rather distraught. "May I... speak with her in private?" You nod as you step away from Marisa.

Keine takes Marisa aside and they begin to speak amongst themselves. You can't make out what they're saying from this distance, but suddenly Marisa's eyes widen and she mouths the word 'no.' Marisa starts crying hard again and without warning grabs her broom and flies off. You cry out to Marisa to wait for you but she's long gone by the time you have the chance. Keine walks over you apologetically.

"Miss Keine! What the hell did you tell her?!" You ask accusingly.

"After you chased Marisa outside, Kotori told me that none of the human doctors could determine exactly what was afflicting Mr. Kirisame. Several of them also said that he has maybe few days to live." Keine explains to you worriedly.

"Oh no... W-We have to go after her! I-I have to talk to her! K-Keine... Y-You can fly right?!" You frantically ask her.

"W-What I-I uhm..." Keine fumbles as you call her out.

"I-It's okay! I already know that you're a half hakutaku. Now's not the time to worry about that, I just need to know if you could fly me to Marisa's house!"

"I-I uhm..." Keine begins as she takes a breath to compose herself. "Yes, yes I can."

"Then please let's go!" You plead with her.

With that Keine grabs you by the waist and you both fly off into the sky. Keine fills you in on some of the finer details of what Kotori told her, but in the end the doctors have labeled Marisa's dad as untreatable. After a rather long flight with Keine you arrive at Marisa's house, her door has been left wide open and Marisa's broom has been hastily discarded in her front yard. You pause as before you step into the house. You look over at Keine and she nods at you.

As you rush into the house you recall the last thing that Keine told you.

'You really care about her, don't you...?' You didn't give her an answer, but do you?

------------------

Marisa
[ ] Comfort her
[ ] Hug her
[ ] Kiss her
[ ] Just talk about it with her
[ ] Just leave her alone

Marisa's Dad
[ ] There's got to be something we can do!
[ ] Just leave him be.
>> No. 16292
[x] Hug her

[x] ...
>> No. 16294
>Marisa

[x] Hug her

>Marisa's Dad

[x] Ask if she could talk to you about it.

We have no idea what caused the fracture of their relationship, or how deep the loathing really is. Marisa may have very good reasons.
>> No. 16295
[x] Hug her
[x] There's got to be something we can do!
[x] Bring up Eientei and Eirin, genius of the moon.
>> No. 16296
[X] Hug her
[X] There's got to be something we can do!
[X] Bring up Eientei and Eirin, genius of the moon.
>> No. 16300
[x] Hug her
[x] There's got to be something we can do!
[x] Bring up Eirin and Eientei, genius of the moon.
-[x]Screw keeping your 'metaknowledge' a secret, this is too important. If asked, say you'll explain later.

Yes, it is time to set a plot in motion, motherfuckers!
Not only is this the only apparent way to save Marisa's father, but it'll give us some direction. Perhaps the ordeal will cure him of his xenophobia as well, leading to reconciliation with his daughter (GOOD ENDs abound).
Doing this will also beg the question, "how did you know about Eirin?" Entertaining complications shall ensue, and there will be much rejoicing.
>> No. 16313
File 124640253268.png- (408.04KB , 800x1100 , 8756ccd91ce320819f654c33fbba8db0.png ) [iqdb]
16313
[X] Hug her
[X] There's got to be something we can do!
[X] Bring up Eientei and Eirin, genius of the moon.

You think about your answer to Keine's question and keep it to yourself for now as you enter Marisa's house. You quickly survey the main room--no Marisa here, she must be in her room. As you try to make your way quickly to Marisa's room, you stumble over piles of books that Marisa must have knocked over on her way in. When you finally make it to Marisa's room you take note of how neatly kept it is compared to the rest of her house. There are piles of clothes strewn throughout the floors along with her discarded hat but and yet more mushrooms hanging by her window, but overall its tidier than the rest of the house. At the far end of the room is Marisa's bed with her knelt down over it, you can hear her sobbing loudly.

"...Marisa..." You begin as you take a step towards her, your arm outstretched.

"G-Go away~ze! I-I don't want anyone to see my like this right now!" Marisa's cries are muffled as she continues to sob into her sheets.

"...Keine told me about your dad... I-I'm really sorry, Marisa..." You apologize to her as you sit next to where she's kneeling over the bed.

"I-It's not fair~ze! I-I hate him so much but... but..." Marisa begins to sob harder into her sheets. "...I never wanted him to die!" Marisa cries even harder as she shouts.

"Marisa... come here." You ask her as you slowly lean over to wrap your arms around her. She complies by wrapping her arms around you and burying her face into your chest. She continues to cry as you rub her back and try to comfort her. "I-It's okay Marisa, just let it all out."

"I-I hate him so much~ze... b-but h-he's still my Papa... a-and... I-I" She begins as she chokes on her tears. "...I-I love him~ze! I don't want him to die!" Marisa cries as she tries to bury her face deeper into your chest.

"Marisa..." You want to say that he's not going to die... but-... Wait a second... there might be a way to save him. "Marisa! Maybe there might be a way to save him!" You gently pull Marisa away from yourself to look into her eyes as you speak to her. She looks confused as she stares at you, her eyes and nose red from crying.

"R-Really~ze...?" She asks weakly.

"Y-Yeah! I-If there's no doctors on Earth who can figure out a way to cure him... Then maybe we need one not from Earth." You take hold of her hands as the idea comes to you.

"W-Wha...? What do you mean~ze?" Marisa seems to still be confused as she starts to wipe her eyes.

"Isn't there a doctor, Doctor Eirin, who lives in the bamboo forest?" You ask excitedly.

"U-Uh... yeah... b-but what does that have to..." She thinks to herself for a moment. "O-Oh! B-But you even knew Eirin... h-how..."

"ZUN has made quite an impact on the outside world... I-I'll explain the rest later. But maybe we can have her treat your dad and find a cure!"

"That might work~ze!" Marisa wraps her arms around you as she shouts, it seems that her mood is improving a bit. "W-Well, what are we waiting for?! Let's go~ze!"

You both quickly rush back outside, it seems Keine left after you went in after Marisa. It's a shame, you wanted to thank her for her help earlier. As soon as you're both back on Marisa's broom you head off into the sky. Marisa is flying much faster than you've experienced yet, so you cling to her as tightly as you can. After a time, Marisa turns to you, and smiles.

"Thank you..." She begins, "For coming back to check on me~ze."

"You should thank Miss Keine the next time you see her, she's the one that flew me over to your place so quickly." You remark back at her.

"Heh, I think I will~ze."

"Marisa, It seems that there are some deeper rooted problems than you first explained to me about you and your father." You question her as you recall the fight that erupted at the Kirisame-ya.

"Well... It's kind of complicated..." She sighs. "After my mother died, my father not only didn't want me going out, but also started drinking a whole bunch. He was very depressed all the time about my mother's death and often took it out on me..." Marisa pulls her hat down a little lower over her eyes as she says this. "After I ran away from home and started living on my own, I tried my hand at youkai hunting with the little magic that Keine taught me. I eventually ran across a ghost named Mima who defated me badly. Instead of killing me though, she took me under her wing because she said she 'saw potential in me.' It's funny, but she felt a lot like my mother to me, but all the time I was with her I missed my Papa terribly. I-I think I just wanted to have a whole family again~ze." You lean your head against Marisa's as she pours her heart out to you.

"Oh Marisa... Don't worry, we'll get your father well again." You say comfortingly.

Eventually the two of you come across a vast jungle of bamboo and Marisa starts to take her broom in down low. As the two of you fly through the bamboo thicket you begin to hear what sounds like the laughter of a little girl. It seems to come from everywhere at once.

"Are you here to visit... Eientei?" The voice asks with a giggle.

"Y-Yes, we need the help of Doctor Eirin~ze!" Marisa shouts out into the forest.

"Friend... or... Foe...?" It asks in response.

[ ] Friend
[ ] Foe
[ ] We just want to see the doctor!
[ ] Don't reply, we don't have time for this.
>> No. 16314
[x] Friend
[x] We just want to see the doctor!
>> No. 16315
[x] GOD DAMN IT TEWI!
[x] Screw this, go ask Mokou for help. She guides people through the forest to Eientei, right?

For your consideration.
>> No. 16318
[X] Friend
[X] We just want to see the doctor!
>> No. 16323
[x] "Bring out the doctor or we will burn the whole forest to the ground."
>> No. 16324
[X] Friend
[X] We just want to see the doctor!
>> No. 16328
File 12464732119.jpg- (219.49KB , 730x840 , 02df24c334279bc0bcbc6e787b53d351.jpg ) [iqdb]
16328
[X] Friend
[X] We just want to see the doctor!

The voice that resounds in the bamboo thicket around you worries you a bit--It was a lot less scary when it was just text on screen. Suddenly a young rabbit youkai appears floating before you as the two of you continue flying through the forest. She's rather small with short black hair and two floppy white ears poking out of the top of her head. She's clad in a pink poofy dress with a carrot necklace around her neck. This has to be Tewi--the lucky rabbit of the Earth.

"I said, are you friend... or... foe...?" Tewi floats around whimsically with a wide grin on her face, as she poses her question again.

"We're friends and we mean no harm tonight. We just need to see Doctor Yagokoro." You shout out to her, her face turns to a disappointed look as she continues to fly before you.

"Aw, you guys are friends...? I remember the black-white, although you haven't been all too friendly the first couple times we've run into each other..." Tewi's lips curl themselves into a mischievous grin, "Do you remember your way to Eientei, though? This bamboo forest is rather large, and you won't get anywhere if you just fly about wandering all over the place." Tewi pulls out a spell card from seemingly nowhere and holds in front of her face. "How about a little game first... if you can beat me then I'll show you the way to Eientei and Doctor Eirin..." She giggles as she holds her spell card in the air.

"For being a lucky rabbit, you're a real pain~ze." Marisa retorts as she begins to pull out a spell card from her hat. "We really don't have time for this..."

A light starts to shine from the spell card in Tewi's hand as she's about announce her first spell card attack. Wow, you'll finally get to see an honest to goodness spellcard battle you think to yourself when suddenly you hear a loud crack and Tewi is thrown off balance.

"OW! What the heck?!" Tewi exclaims as she rubs her head and turns to another rabbit girl who has appeared next to her. The girl next to her has her hand clenched into a fist and looks angrily at Tewi.

"Tewi! They said that they're friends and come in peace! Just lead the way to Eientei, why do you always have to be so difficult?" The new rabbit girl shouts at Tewi.

This new rabbit girl looks to be a bit older and taller than Tewi. Her hair is long and bears a light purple color with two white rabbit ears standing upon her head, one of which is bent halfway. She's dressed in a simple white button up shirt tied at the waist with a red belt. Just below that is a simple blue skirt that goes down to about her knees. Her eyes are a bright red and just staring at them for a moment you feel the tiniest bit dizzy. No doubt about it this girl is-

"I'm terribly sorry for my friend's rudeness, I'm Reisen." She begins in a very apologetic tone, you assume she's speaking directly to you. "Miss Marisa has already been aquainted with the both of us on a couple of occassions I believe. And this is Tewi... she can be a bit of a handful. If you'll allow me, let me lead you to Miss Yagokoro." She seems to lower her head a bit as she mentions her master's name. You're somewhat relieved that you and Marisa didn't get into a fight with Tewi, but at the same time a bit disappointed that you didn't get to see Marisa fight a real mid-air danmaku battle. Marisa sighs as she puts away her spellcard, it seems she's a little disappointed a bit as well.

Reisen leads you around the forest a short distance and stops before the two of you, Marisa brings her broom to a halt as well. The purple haired rabbit girl then stares at the two of you deeply with her bright red eyes and suddenly a portion of the bamboo forest disappears revealing an old-fashioned Japanese mansion.

"I apologize for this, Eientei really was right next to you two, but I have to keep it hidden to keep Miss Yagokoro and Princess Kaguya safe from anyone who might wander in and cause trouble." As she apologizes, you all land in front of the mansion's front doors and Reisen leads you inside; Tewi hops about circling around Reisen and making crude comments about her to you and Marisa, some of which you can't help but stifle a laugh to.

Once inside you notice the architecture of the building, it looks very similar to the way you remember it being depicted on the outside world with many hallways with paper-screened doors although the hallways are nowhere near as long. She eventually leads you to a door with a sign that reads "Yagokoro Eirin M.D. - Genius of the moon." Reisen kneels down next to the door and opens it in such a way that she looks just like a servant from an old Japanese movie opening a door to allow someone of higher rank entrance to a room.

As you and Marisa enter Eirin's office, you notice how clean the inside of it is. All throughout the shelves and cabinets around you are jars each labelled with different names of things you've never heard about. On the wall you notice a couple of white lab coats on hooks, one of the hooks is empty but as your gaze turns to a lit desk you find the missing lab coat and its owner as well, hunched over the desk, it looks like she's working on recording her latest findings.

"Miss Yagokoro I have some visitors for you." Reisen announces quietly.

The woman in the chair turns around to face you and Marisa. She's a much more mature looking woman than anyone you've met so far--not so mature as to look old, but more like mature in all the right areas. Underneath her open lab coat is a long half blue, half red dress with various constellations embroidered onto it. Her hair is a brilliant silver but isn't down in a long braid like you remember seeing her on the outside, but rather put up into a bun on her head held together with two chopsticks--you assume it's to keep her hair out of the way while she's working. She eyes the two of you as she adjusts her glasses. No mistaking it, this beauty of a woman is none other than Yagokoro Eirin.

"Oh if it isn't young Miss Kirisame, and who is this that you've brought with you at this late hour?" Eirin's voice comes out very calm and composed and sounds appropriate for such a studious woman.

"Eirin, this is my good friend from the outside world~ze." Marisa smiles with a slight blush as she turns to introduce you. "But that's not the reason we're here tonight. We need your help--my father is very sick and none of the human doctors can find a cure for him... they say he has only a few days left~ze." Marisa pleads with Eirin, tears start to well in her eyes again.

"Oh, is that so... I'm very sorry to hear that. As a doctor I'll see what I can do." She then smiles at Marisa. "But as a friend, I'll do my best to help your father in anyway I can, Marisa." Marisa's eyes light up at Eirin's last comment.

"Really?! Thank you~ze!" Marisa runs up and hugs Eirin. Eirin pats her on the back in response as she rises from her seat and turns to Reisen.

"Udongein, please retrieve my medical bag--we're going to make a house call in the human village." At that Reisen's eyes take an exasperated look before she sighs and replies.

"As you wish Miss Yagokoro." Reisen then runs off to gather Eirin's things.

Continued.
>> No. 16329
You are led back outside the mansion where you are met by Reisen who is carrying a very large looking medical bag and speaking to Tewi.

"Now be sure to watch over Princess Kaguya, and the mansion while we're away alright?" Reisen says to Tewi with a finger raised.

"Yeah, whatever. She'll probably just be huddled under the kotatsu doing her NEET thing on the computer..." Tewi shrugs as she skips back into the mansion. Theres working computers in Gensokyo? You think to yourself as you and Marisa mount her broom.

"Everyone ready?" Eirin asks. Everyone nods in reply and before you know it, everyone sails off into the sky towards the human village. Marisa seems much happier as you fly back toward the human village, she turns to you and gives you a smile.

"Everything's really going to end up okay, isn't it~ze?" You smile in response to Marisa and nod. "I'm glad."

You make it back to the Kirisame-ya in no time at all and you all huddle around the front door and knock. Again, Kotori answers the door, she yawns as she peeks out. It seems she's surprised to see so many people return to the shop.

"O-Oh! Miss Kirisame... y-you've returned. A-And who are these two ladies?" Kotori queries Marisa.

"This is Doctor Eirin and her assistant from the bamboo forest. They would like to have a look at my father~ze." Marisa explains as she motions to the two women.

"From the bamboo forest, but there aren't any huma-" Kotori begins.

"Yes, I know but I don't think a human doctor will be able to help him right now~ze." Marisa replies as she pushes through the front door and heads to the upstairs of the shop.

The four of you and Kotori enter the upper living quarters again, waking up Marisa's dad who angrily starts yelling and complaining about the rudeness of people entering without warning.

"Well, if it isn't my daughter again. Who are these folks?" Mr. Kirisame asks angrily.

"These are doctors from the moon, Papa. They're gonna try to make you better~ze." Marisa explains to her father.

"From the moon?! Why couldn't ya find me a nice human doctor! Why I'd rather die than-" Mr. Kirisame begins. Eirin whispers to Reisen as she rummages through the bag and pulls out a bag of some sort of liquid attatched to a tube and needle. Reisen then inserts the needle into Mr. Kirisame's arm.

"Ow! What the heck are ya alien freaks do-..." Marisa dad then passes out.

"Eirin! What did ya do~ze?" Marisa exclaims at Eirin.

"We simple put your father under anesthesia. He seemed to be rather uncooperative otherwise, so I'll now see what I can do. If you'll please, wait downstairs while I take a look at him, and try to figure out whats wrong." With that Eirin begins rummaging through her medical bag as you and Marisa head back downstairs.

The two of you wait downstairs for many hours. You find a seat to lay yourself down in as Marisa keeps pacing back and forth as she waits for some reply from Eirin. It must now be sometime in the early morning--maybe 2 or 3. You're starting to feel really tired.

[ ] Wait up with Marisa to keep her company
[ ] Take a quick breather outside
[ ] Let sleep take hold of you
>> No. 16330
[X] Take a quick breather outside
>> No. 16331
[x] Wait up with Marisa to keep her company
>> No. 16332
[x] Let sleep take hold of you

Going for the most boring option in hope for an awesome outcome
>> No. 16334
[X] Take a quick breather outside
>> No. 16335
>>16332

Hmm... you know, that might be crazy enough to work.

[x] Let sleep take hold of you.

Here's to hoping we wake up and find Marisa sleeping beside us with her head in our lap.
>> No. 16336
[x] Wait up with Marisa to keep her company
>> No. 16337
[X]Wait up with Marisa to keep her company.

Are we ever going to name our outsider? To me, the introductions are getting more awkward every time because we're trying keep our identity anonymous.
>> No. 16338
>>16337
Hrmm... I guess if enough people really want to give him a name we can. Also calling the votes now before we get another tie.
>> No. 16344
>>16338

I prefer nameless characters.
>> No. 16346
>>16338
>>16344
I prefer nicknamed
>> No. 16348
>>16338
I don't care. I will vote for whatever has the majority.
>> No. 16353
File 124650109812.png- (194.35KB , 600x488 , 44c54b7967e1badac3b6db581e1345ac.png ) [iqdb]
16353
[X] Wait up with Marisa to keep her company

Sleep can wait for now, you're too worried about the well-being of Marisa and her dad to sleep now. You continue to wait around, watching as Marisa continues to pace back and forth. She looks really concerned. You get up from your seat and walk over to Marisa who is still pacing back and forth. She doesn't even seem to notice that you've moved from your previous spot. You put a hand on her shoulder which seems to snap her out of her daze and she turns to look up to you.

"Marisa... It'll be alright, you've got the best doctor in all of Gensokyo working on your dad up there. He'll be fine." You say to her as you try to put on your most comforting smile.

"I know... It's just... I'm a little bit worried is all~ze." She tries to force a smile as she looks up to you.

"Don't worry Marisa... Everything is gonna work out just fine..." You console her as you bring her into a hug. From here you can really appreciate how much shorter she is than you. She's at least a full head under you. After a moment, Marisa looks up at you, her cheeks are glowing with a soft pink.

"Thank you~ze. You've been so helpful to me through all of this." You smile at her remark. "Anyways... you never did tell me exactly how you knew so much about Gensokyo and the people in it~ze. You mentioned knowing ZUN, but are you really friends with him...? I don't think I recall him ever mentioning you~ze."

You let go of Marisa and give her an awkward smile.

"Well... That's kind of a complicated subject. You may want to sit down." You motion to the chair you were just sitting in earlier. Marisa complies by taking a seat, her eyes anxious and attentive. "Where to begin... You see, I've never really met him, ZUN i mean. I just know of him."

"Really, then how did you know so much about Gensokyo~ze?" Marisa stares at you curiously.

"Well, how do I explain this... Well, you remember those uhm... 'calculation shikigamis' that Rinnosuke keeps at his shop?" Marisa nods as you continue your explanation. "Well, on the outside world, we've been using those for several years to keep in contact with each other instead of using letters."

"So you talk to him that way~ze?" Marisa asks.

"Well, no... You see, ZUN uhm... how do I explain this, he makes games based on your and Reimu's adventures." You try to explain, hoping you don't sound too crazy.

"Games~ze...?"

"Yeah, games that you play on those 'calculation shikigamis', well on the outside world we call them computers." Marisa nods as she tries to understand what you're saying. "Well, its like little moving pictures on the screen... and..."

"Oh! I think I know what you mean!" Marisa chimes in excitedly. "Meiling has one of those game things in her gate guard post... I think she calls it a 'video game'. She's got one with this cool guy in a headband... I think his name is Snake or something." You suddenly feel humbled as Marisa explains to you about Meiling's Playstation.

"I-Is that so?" Is the only thing you can bring your self to say in response.

"Yeah! S-So you're saying theres one of those about me and Reimu~ze?!" She looks at you anxiously for your answer.

"Well, yeah. You fly around as you or Reimu and shoot a bunch of fairies and youkai." You reply to the anxious witch.

"Awesome~ze! I wanna play it!" Marisa gets to her feet, you can feel a fire in her eyes--this is probably the most excited you've seen Marisa since you first arrived here.

"Well, if a computer with one of the games on it makes it across the border, then maybe you'll be able to. It's crazy." You begin to think aloud. "Marisa, you were always my favorite character in those games. I always thought that Gensokyo was all just a made up fantasy world, but here I am, face-to-face with you talking about a game I saw you in." You look at Marisa who blushes a little bit at your last remark.

"I... was your favorite~ze...?" She says as she looks into your eyes, her cheeks aglow with pink.

"Yeah, I've always been a fan of your Master Spark." You smile at her.

"Oh, is that it~ze?" Marisa smirks at you and raises an eyebrow as you give your explanation. "Well, maybe you'll get to see it one of these days."

"And hopefully not be on the receiving end of it." You reply as you smile nervously.

You both laugh to yourselves as you sit around talking. Sometime later, the door to the upstairs opens up and Eirin and Reisen both walk down the steps. Marisa takes notice and immediately rushes up to them.

"So Doctor Eirin, is he gonna be okay. My dad's gonna live right~ze?" Marisa pleads with Eirin stop before Marisa.

"I was able to figure out what was wrong with your father Marisa. He had been dying of consumption." Marisa's eyes open wide as she hears the news. "However, I have been able to treat him with some of my medicine. I did... have to operate on him as well, but the treatment seemed to be working out well for him." Eirin's says, her voice is calm and nurturing.

"So...?" Marisa begins to ask.

"Your father is going to be just fine." Eirin smiles with her response. At that Marisa immediately hugs Eirin, then Reisen, then turns to you and hugs you. She then starts to dart upstairs.

"Wait! Marisa!" Eirin shouts towards Marisa who immediately stops and turns to her. "Let your father rest, he was just through a very difficult operation. I'll send medicines that will help his body recover tomorrow. For now your father needs his rest."

"Alright~ze." Marisa replies, she still seems very relieved to say the least.

"Let's get going Reisen." Eirin turns to the rabbit girl as they begin to make their way to the door. She then stops to turn to you and smiles. "It was also very nice to meet you as well, young man. Take good care of that one, she's a handful." Eirin says with a wink as she continues out the door of the Kirisame-ya. "Take care you two." Eirin says as she departs into the sky along with Reisen. You and Marisa both watch as they leave, thinking you both should do the same. You both say your goodbyes to Kotori as she closes up the shop behind you. You both hop onto Marisa's broom and head back to Marisa's shop in the Forest of Magic.

As the two of you sail through the sky, you lean into Marisa's shoulder. She really is your favorite, but... do you feel something more for her? You try not to think too much about it, as it's been a very long day and your lack of sleep is really getting to you.

When you both get into Marisa's house the night sky has begun to lighten with predawn and fatigue has taken hold of both of you. You both stumble into the little shack Marisa calls home and you nearly collapse onto the couch you now use as a bed. Marisa looks wearily at you as you start to set down on your spot on the couch.

"Thank you~ze." She smiles at you, her eyes drooping as she speaks.

"For what...?" You ask, feeling quite the same as she looks.

"If it weren't for you, my father might still be on death's doorstep. You suggested that we go see Eirin, and because you kept bugging me about seeing my dad I visited him before it was too late~ze. So... what I'm trying to say is..." Marisa begins as she leans over to you while you're sitting on the couch her face right in front of your own. "Thanks." Marisa's lips meet your own as she plants a chaste kiss upon your lips. Words are taken from you as all you can do is just stare in a daze at Marisa who after blushing a bit rushes over to her room. That just happened... didn't it? Or did you just dream it...?. With that sleep overcomes you.

------------------

End Day 2

------------------
>> No. 16354
You dream once again of the image of a mature blonde woman. Her visage is a bit more vivid to you than it was last night. She seems to sink through the floor as she begins to once again speak into your head.

"Ufufu... I never thought that I'd see the day when that black white would... Well, you'll see. You've done well thus far... Ufufufu... Perhaps now she can begin to mend bridges with her father... but what about you? Is there something between the two of you? Time will tell..."

With that, you wake again... You can't quite remember what you had dreamt of just then. You just feel a fuzzy feeling like, you've had a similar dream before.

As you start to get up, you have to shield your eyes as the sun is brightly shining in through the windows. It must be sometime in the early in the afternoon. You look around the room to see if Marisa is up already. Nope. Hrmm... she must be sleeping. You decide to get up and look around the house. You check Marisa's room and see her sprawled out on her bed, she looks so dainty and peaceful as she sleeps, quite a contrast from her usual rowdy self. Although over the last two days, you've begun to see a side of her that perhaps few have had the chance to see.

As you think for a moment, you decide it might be fun to wake her up.

[ ] Gently nudge her
[ ] Hit her with a pillow
[ ] Wake up sleeping beauty with a kiss
[ ] Bang some pots and pans
[ ] Something else?
>> No. 16355
[X] Wake up sleeping beauty with a kiss

I'll go with this, against my better judgment.
>> No. 16356
[X] Something else?
[X] Breakfast in bed. She'll smell the mushrooms and wake up.
>> No. 16357
[x] Wake up sleeping beauty with a kiss
[x] Hit her with a pillow if the precious method fail
>> No. 16358
[X] Breakfast in bed. She'll smell the mushrooms and wake up.
>> No. 16359
[X] Breakfast in bed. She'll smell the mushrooms and wake up.
>> No. 16360
[x] Bang some pots and pans

Right over her head. She will love it.
>> No. 16363
[X] Breakfast in bed. She'll smell the mushrooms and wake up.
>> No. 16364
[X]Wake sleeping beauty with a kiss.
[X]Get hit with a pillow for it. You deserve it for taking a sleeping girl's lips.
>> No. 16366
[x] Bang some pots and pans

:awesome:
>> No. 16367
[X] Breakfast in bed. She'll smell the mushrooms and wake up.
>> No. 16369
[x] Intend to bang some pots and pans
[x] Grab a knife by accident
>> No. 16370
File 124652566872.jpg- (198.64KB , 480x640 , ac20086d0f57ea8fb16c721fef33acc9.jpg ) [iqdb]
16370
[X] Breakfast in bed. She'll smell the mushrooms and wake up.

Nah, you decide that you'll let her wake up to something a bit more pleasant. You gently close Marisa's door and head over back over to the main room. Hrmm... breakfast in bed would be a nice way to show your appreciation for everything she's done for you so far. What would make for a good breakfast?

You begin to look around for things to use in your breakfast. Well, mushrooms are Marisa's favorite food so... You start to look at the mushrooms hanging by the windows. There's mushrooms of all shapes, sizes, colors all about so which ones to use. You notice some mushrooms that look like portobello, so they're probably safe. As you start to grab some mushrooms to use for Marisa's breakfast you look around for more ingredients to use. You find a clean pot and pour some water into it along with the mushrooms, setting it over the fire place. You stir the leftover glowing coals and add some wood to it to reignite the flame. You find some eggs and a pot, I wonder how Marisa likes her eggs prepared. You decide that scrambled is probably the safest and easiest bet. A little searching also finds you some spiced ham in one of her cupboards. This'll make a good breakfast. It's a bit more difficult doing this over an open flame, but you just think of it like cooking while out camping.

After some time, you've come up with a pretty appetizing looking breakfast plate. Marisa's breakfast is made up of two scrambled eggs, cooked ham, and a bowl of portobello mushroom stew. You take the plate and walk it carefully over to Marisa's room. As you open the door to her room, it seems that the smell of the breakfast stirs her from her sleep. She rubs her eyes as she yawns and looks over to you.

"Mornin'~ze. Whatcha got here?" She asks as she rubs the sleep out of her eyes.

"Some breakfast and bed is all." You smile as you present the plate to her.

"Really? You didn't have to~ze." She replies as she sits up in bed. "It smells really good though."

"Well, thanks. I just wanted to do something to show my appreciation for everything you've done for me since I was brought her to Gensokyo. You've been so nice to me, letting me stay here and all." You say as you bring the plate over to her and set it on her lap.

"Thank you~ze." She says as she begins to dig into it. With her mouth full she turns to you. "Thish if weawy goo-food! (This is really good food!)" She then swallows, I don't think I've had food this good since I moved out of my father's house. I really don't know how to make much outside of mushrooms~ze."

"Well, maybe I can show you how to cook some more things, and in exchange you could show me how to do danmaku." You say as you sit at the foot of her bed.

"Oh yeah! I really should show you so you can defend yourself out there in Gensokyo on your own~ze." She remarks as she continues to wolf down her food. "Although, I was planning on doing that on my own. Anyways, what'd ya want to do today~ze. We have to eventually visit my father at some point during the day 'cause I want to make sure he's okay, but was there anywhere you wanted to go or anything you wanted to do? There's lots of places to go like the Scarlet Devil Mansion or Hakurei Shrine. Or we could just stay here for now and I'll try to teach you how to use danmaku."

[ ] Go visit Marisa's Dad now
[ ] Go to the Scarlet Devil Mansion
[ ] Go to the Hakurei Shrine
[ ] I think I'd like to try my hand at some danmaku
>> No. 16371
[x] I think I'd like to try my hand at some danmaku

Power up already? Go for it. Don't want to be useless forever.
>> No. 16372
[X] Go to the Hakurei Shrine
[X] I think I'd like to try my hand at some danmaku
[X]Visit her dad later on in the day when the aforementioned medicine will have kicked in
>> No. 16373
[X] Go to the Hakurei Shrine
[X] I think I'd like to try my hand at some danmaku
[X]Visit her dad later on in the day when the aforementioned medicine will have kicked in

This, please.
>> No. 16376
[ ] I think I'd like to try my hand at some danmaku
>> No. 16378
[X] Go to the Hakurei Shrine
[X] I think I'd like to try my hand at some danmaku
[X]Visit her dad later on in the day when the aforementioned medicine will have kicked in
>> No. 16380
[X] Go to the Hakurei Shrine
[X] I think I'd like to try my hand at some danmaku
[X]Visit her dad later on in the day when the aforementioned medicine will have kicked in
>> No. 16382
File 12465630059.jpg- (573.76KB , 2000x909 , Konachan.com - 29539 sample.jpg ) [iqdb]
16382
[X] Go to the Hakurei Shrine
[X] I think I'd like to try my hand at some danmaku
[X] Visit her dad later on in the day when the aforementioned medicine will have kicked in

You consider the possibilities in your mind for a second. As fun as a book raid in the Scarlet Devil Mansion sounds, there's quite a few dangers there and nothing to defend yourself with yet other than Marisa--You'd likely just get in the way in your current state. Visiting Marisa's best friend at the shrine however sounds like a much safer and fun way to pass the time.

"Marisa, I think I'd like to go visit the Hakurei Shrine, Reimu's there right?" You suggest to her.

"Hmm... Okay! That sounds good~ze! And of course Reimu's there, she's almost always just sitting there sweeping or drinking tea~ze." Marisa says as she finishes the last of her breakfast. "What about my father~ze?"

"We can visit him after he gets his medicine and it begins to kick in." You suggest. "Hopefully he'll be a lot more pleasant to be around that way."

"Hopefully." Marisa responds with a slanted smile. You look down at Marisa's plate and notice that it's empty. "Thanks for breakfast again~ze." She gives a big toothy grin and you notice that there's a piece of mushroom stuck to her cheek. You reach over and peel it off her cheek and pop it into your mouth. Not bad, you're better at cooking than you thought. Marisa blushes a bit as she wipes her cheek. "Hey don't just pick stuff off my face and eat it~ze. It's weird!"

"Well, it just looked tasty so I had to. Anyways you're a messy eater, Marisa." You say as you smirk at her.

"Am not~ze!" She whines as she continues to wipe her mouth.

"Whatever you say." You smile as you ruffle her hair a bit, she giggles a bit as you do.

"Anyways, let me get ready and we'll get going, alright~ze?" She says as she puts her plate besides her.

"Alright, then. See you outside?" You reply, to which Marisa nods as you leave her room, closing the door behind you. As you walk back into the main room, you look around the room and notice the sword that you got from Rinnosuke leaning against the couch you use as a bed. You must have taken it off sometime between going to bed last night and now. You decide that you should take it with you again, just in case. After strapping the sword back onto your belt loop you head outside.

While you stand around outside you take in the mid day air. The sun is already rather high in sky. You continue looking around the forest when Marisa comes out of the house you notice that she's wearing a different outfit than she usually does. She's not wearing her usual vest, but a sort of black corset top that is just under her chest showing off her white blouse and comes down over her apron. She has a long frilly collar tied around her neck and similar looking wrist things with frills on them. She walks over to you and smiles as she straddles her broom.

"Well, are you ready?" You nod in response and hop onto her broom behind her.

You sail into the sky with your arms wrapped around Marisa, the wind rushing past you. The frills feel soft against you as you lean into her. Marisa's mood is greatly improved from last night, although you've both been flying in silence for the last several minutes.

"Hey Marisa?" You start as you break the silence.

"Yeah?" She replies as she turns her head to you.

"Do you think you could show me how to do some danmaku with Reimu?" You ask.

"Hmm? Okay, but why couldn't we have just done it at my house~ze?" She questions you in response.

"Well, I'd like to learn from two of the best in Gensokyo." You say as you smile with a cheesy grin.

"Is that so?" She says as she blushes, "Flattery will get you nowhere~ze. However, there's only one best in Gensokyo." She says as she points a thumb to herself and sticks her tongue out.

Eventually you come across the valley shrine, with its long set of steps and a large tori arch with a small old style Japanese shrine behind it. Down below you can see a little person in red and white sweeping the shrine grounds. Marisa brings the broom in low and you both dismount from the broom as Reimu continues sweeping, it seems that she's either ignoring you or just hasn't taken notice of the two of you yet.

"Yo~ze!" Marisa yells as she tries to flag down the shrine maiden not a couple meters away from her. Reimu looks up from her sweeping, her arms still performing the motion.

"Hello Marisa, out of things to do already so you come bug me?" She asks with a somewhat uninterested voice. Reimu looks just as you'd imagine her, shrine maiden garb consists of a red top cut-off at the shoulders with a white frilly collar and a yellow scarf under it. Her skirt is long and red, with white stitches along the hem. her signature detached sleeves run from her elbow to her wrists leaving her shoulders and upper arm bare. Her black hair is tied up in a ponytail and held with a big red bow, and locks along the sides of her hair a held with two decorated red ribbons.

"Nah, nothing like that~ze. Just came by 'cause my friend her wanted to visit the shrine."

"Is that so? Have you come to donate and pray for peace?" She takes an immediate interest in you as she speaks.

"Uhm..." You begin as you start to rummage through your pockets. "I've got a little bit I can donate..." You say as you pull out a crumpled dollar bill and some quarters.

"What the heck is this." Reimu asks as her face takes a frustrated look at the mess in your hands.

"Uhm money...? I guess outside money won't work here." You sheepishly reply as you stuff the wad back in your pocket.

"'Fraid not" Reimu responds with a sigh. "So, you're from the outside world, huh?" She seems to be the first person you've run into in Gensokyo that is unimpressed that you're from outside the Hakurei border. "Most everyone that comes through the border 'causes an incident in one way or another." She continues as she starts to glare at you.

"He's alright~ze. If anything he's been helpful to me, so I don't think we have to worry about knocking out uninvolved people before tackling this guy. Besides, he doesn't even know any danmaku yet~ze." Marisa says in your defense.

"Well, then, we'll have to do something about that won't we?" Reimu replies as she begins to start taking an interest in you again and raises an eyebrow.

"Hey now! He's my outsider, I should be the one to show him the ropes~ze." Marisa complains as she tightens her grip on her broom.

"Well, I think believe that the one who inputted the spellcard rules in the first place would be the best teacher for this situation." Reimu responds as she begins to float in the air.

"I guess we're gonna have to settle this the usual way, huh~ze?" Marisa asks as she hops on her broom and follows Reimu.

"I suppose there's no other way." Reimu replies simply.

They begin to each glow as countless glowing orbs shoot out from them suddenly. It's truly a brilliant sight and looks more like a fireworks show than a couple of friends arguing. Marisa's lasers shoot out in straight lines as Reimu's spell cards fan out trying to cover the most ground possible. As you watch in awe you feel a cold chill run down your spine as you suddenly hear a ghostly laugh, it sounds like it belongs to a more mature woman.

[ ] Have Marisa teach you the basics of danmaku
[ ] Have Reimu teach you the basics of danmaku
[ ] What was that chill just now?
>> No. 16383
[X] What was that chill just now?
>> No. 16384
[X]What was that chill just now?

Outsider training hijack?
>> No. 16387
[ ] What was that chill just now?
>> No. 16392
[X]What was that chill just now?
>> No. 16393
[X]What was that chill just now?
>> No. 16400
File 124658920743.jpg- (300.94KB , 799x802 , 93c15618d6816d3b5303dd7e753f4f9c.jpg ) [iqdb]
16400
[X] What was that chill just now?

You quickly turn around to see where that laugh came from just now, but there's nothing there. You feel that chill again and as you turn back to look at the danmaku spectacle a woman appears before you.

"Boo!" She shouts as watches you fall on your backside and scream while she giggles to herself. You only catch a glimpse of her before she disappears again, but she looked like a very beautiful woman with green hair and a blue dress and hat.

Wh-What the heck was that? you think out loud to yourself. As you look up, it looks like Marisa and Reimu are still caught in the throes of battle. Marisa seems to be employing what looks like a flurry or stars--Stardust Reverie you think yourself. You can't shake the feeling that you've seen that woman somewhere before. It looks like Reimu is winning right now, although Marisa looks like she's giving it her all--you feel the need to go out and search the grounds for that ghostly woman you just saw.

Suddenly you see a glowing wisp floating about, that's got to be her! You start following it as it slips around the side of the shrine. As you make your way, you trip over something. Looking down at your feet you see a small red-headed oni dressed in shrine maiden's clothing. She's just passed out on the ground with a large gourd in her hand, the distinct smell of alcohol eminates from her. You're surprised that she didn't wake up from your tripping over, then again she's probably drunk off her ass and passed out.

You continue following the wisp as it flies to the small house behind the shrine. It phases through the door and you follow after it--having to open and close the door behind you of course.

As you look around the room, the wisp is nowhere to be found when suddenly you feel something tapping on the shoulder. When you turn around, your face is filled with the sight of large breasts covered in a blue blouse. You suddenly back yourself up to get a full view of the figure before you. Now that you get a good look at her you can fully appreciate all of her features. She has long dark green hair topped by a blue hat resembling a wizard's hat adorned with a sun and a white ribbon on it. Her blouse and dress are of the same blue and she wears a shawl over her shoulders. She also wears a long flowing black cape and she seems taller than you... that's not it, she's floating. You take a look at her feet but notice she has none, instead she has a wisp of a tail.

"Why hello there you handsome young boy." The woman greets you in a somewhat seductive tone of voice.

"W-Who are you..? Are you a ghost?" You question the woman before you.

"How astute of you." She muses to herself as she spins in midair, obviously showing herself off. "My name, is Mima... I'm the ghost devil who haunts the Hakurei shrine."

So she's Mima, you think to yourself. You mentally kick yourself for having never played any of the PC98 games.

"Marisa mentioned you before, she said that you were her mentor and taught her most of the magic that she can use." You say to the beautiful ghost of a woman.

"That's right!" She softly giggles to herself. "I always thought of that little girl as a daughter. It's nice that she still thinks about me." She says as she smiles to herself.

"So, you can teach magic...?" You question her. Well, who better to learn magic from than the person that taught Marisa almost all the magic that she knows?

"Indeed, I'm a very, very powerful and evil ghost so I've had lots of powerful spells to pass onto my young disciple." She replies as she shows you a very inviting and lustful smile. "Could it be that you would like a lesson from teacher as well...?" She asks as she traces a single finger under your chin.

[ ] Have Mima teach you magic
[ ] I'd rather not learn from a 'powerful and evil ghost'--Go back and have whoever wins teach you.
[ ] Try to call for Marisa and Reimu to come to your aid.
[ ] Try to exterminate her with your sword.
>> No. 16401
>>16400


[x] Have Mima teach you magic
>> No. 16402
>She eventually leads you to a door with a sign that reads "Yagokoro Eirin M.D. - Genius of the moon."

Slowpoke Prognosis: This story is now Saguya so bad it's good.
>> No. 16403
[x] Have Mima teach you magic
>> No. 16404
[x] Have Mima teach you magic
>> No. 16405
[ ] Try to call out for Tewi.
>> No. 16406
[X]Have Mima teach you magic.

An 'evil spirit' like Mima probably wont do this for free.
Then again, who cares?

Hijack the outsider evil diety.
>> No. 16407
File 124660400974.png- (725.68KB , 750x750 , eec00a0dcefab3b40425f7746f128640.png ) [iqdb]
16407
[X] Have Mima teach you magic

You weigh your options for a moment. Well, Marisa trained under Mima and turned out okay, so it's probably okay. Besides you'll get a chance to learn some of the spells that Marisa knows hopefully. Also she is quite a lovely looking ghost devil so this shouldn't turn out so bad.

"Alright, do you think you could teach me magic like you did with Marisa?" You ask the spirit before you who then grins mischievously as she hears your response.

"Well, then! It has been awhile since I've properly practiced magic." She muses to herself. "I suppose there would be no better way for me to practice than to teach someone else--isn't that how the saying goes?" You nod as Mima floats over to you and puts her hands on your shoulders. "First I have to see if you have the potential to use magic--not everyone is made to learn magic."

As you feel her hands against your shoulders you feel a warmth coming through them and filling you, it feels comforting at first, but it gradually becomes more and more painfully when suddenly Mima pulls herself away from you, it seems that she's in pain.

"Ah! What the hell was that?!" She hisses loudly at you as she rubs her hands together as if in pain. Her face takes on a almost demonic look to it. "There's some sort of power protecting you from my own!" She shouts as she searches you. Eventually her eyes rest upon the Sword Kirisame tied to your belt buckle. She reaches for it, but her hand is repelled from it and she holds it in pain. "That sword! What the hell is it?!" She screams at you.

"Th-This? It came from the shop Kourindou... I-It's called the Sword Kirisame." You reply shakily as you feel Mima's cold breath upon you. She glares at you for a moment before backing away from you and putting a hand to her chin. Her expression changes to that of intrigue now.

"Hrmm... interesting, this could prove interesting. It seems that the sword you wield is possesses some sacred power. I could make use of this..." She thinks aloud as she eyes you up and down. Mima seems to switch gears as she floats around the room. "Well, from what I could gather while, it seems that you do have some potential for magic, but I think that little trinket you have there is going to help you out quite a bit with that. You see, magic is the channelling a hidden power kept within each soul. In a sense, the magic produced by each individual is like a mirror of their soul. This explains how each youkai and human often possess unique magic powers. Take Marisa for example, most of her magic attacks consist of stream lasers. Marisa's personality is the type of person who is stubborn and narrow-minded--she just wants to be the best magician around and won't waver from her objective therefore her lasers are straightforward and narrow. Some magic is compatible with other people, but they must work at it to learn it.

"I think I get it." You scratch your head as Mima gives her explanation. "So my magic will reflect the type of person that I am."

"That's right! But magic can't always be readily channelled by just anyone there are those whose magic potential is not strong enough on its own to produce spells. Sometimes magic requires a magic seal or runes or...a sacred object to channel your power through." She continues her explanation and raises an eyebrow, continuing to eye your sword.

"To start off with, let's see you channel a simple spell here." Mima begins as she smiles and backs away from you. You look at her with an apologetic look on your face.

"I don't know any spells..." You explain with a sigh.

"What, I thought all humans in Gensokyo knew at least a couple simple spells. Oh that's right... I believe I overheard Marisa saying that you were from outside the border. How exciting." Mima muses with a smile.

"Well, to start off with, let me show you a simple one. This one is good for lighting fires--especially useful in cooking!" With that Mima snaps her fingers and produces a flame floating over her fingers. "It's simple, just imagine a fire within your soul and try to feel it move into your fingers.

You attempt to follow Mima's advice and try snapping your fingers. Nothing happens. You try it again and again, trying to imagine a flame in your head. Again and again nothing happens.

"This isn't gonna work." You sigh with a feeling of defeat.

"Hey, hold on, don't give up so soon. Maybe you just need something to help channel your magic through. Try pulling out your sword.

You comply by pulling the blade from its sheath. It takes a bit of work to first separate the sword from its closed position, but after you get through that, it pulls smoothly from the sheath. You haven't seen the sword unsheathed before now. It glistens with a polished sheen. Strange characters and symbols are engraved into the blade itself although you can't read them. You hold the sword before you and are about to try invoking a spell when suddenly the door to the house suddenly slides open.

"There you are! What are you doing in my house?!" Reimu proclaims as she surveys the scene before her.

"Lady Mima?!" Marisa shouts as she peeks out from behind Reimu. "What are you two doing?!" You then realize how awkward this scene looks with you in Reimu's house, standing across from Mima with your sword drawn.

Current Situation:
[ ] Try to explain the situation yourself
[ ] Allow Mima to explain the situation for you
[ ] "What does it look like is going on?"

Your training:
[ ] Continue training with Mima
[ ] Ask Reimu to continue your training
[ ] Ask Marisa to continue your training
[ ] Just practice a bit on your own
>> No. 16411
File 124664165856.jpg- (17.03KB , 88x88 , 1359778-1222487148-lolface.jpg ) [iqdb]
16411
[x] "Oh, Miss Mima here just convinced me to commit suicide and join her amongst the ranks of the dead as her lover. Now, if you don't mind..."
[x] Shoo them away.
>> No. 16412
[X] Try to explain the situation yourself
[X] Ask Marisa to continue your training

You might want to cut down on the cliches.
>> No. 16418
[X] Try to explain the situation yourself
[X] Ask Marisa to continue your training

Didn't we promise to trade knowledge?
>> No. 16419
[x] "Oh, Miss Mima here just convinced me to commit suicide and join her amongst the ranks of the dead as her lover. Now, if you don't mind..."
[x] Shoo them away.
>> No. 16421
[x] "Oh, Miss Mima here just convinced me to commit suicide and join her amongst the ranks of the dead as her lover. Now, if you don't mind..."
[x] Shoo them away.
>> No. 16422
[X] Try to explain the situation yourself
[X] Ask Marisa to continue your training
>> No. 16424
[X] Try to explain the situation yourself
[X] Ask Marisa to continue your training
>> No. 16425
[x] "Oh, Miss Mima here just convinced me to commit suicide and join her amongst the ranks of the dead as her lover. Now, if you don't mind..."
[x] Shoo them away.
>> No. 16428
[X] Try to explain the situation yourself
[X] Ask Marisa to continue your training
>> No. 16432
>It seems that the sword you wield is possesses some sacred power.
>Sometimes magic requires a magic seal or runes or...a sacred object to channel your power through.
>imagine a fire within your soul and try to feel it move into your fingers.
>Strange characters and symbols are engraved into the blade

Lets try to avoid cliches such as these in the future. Popping one or two into the story every once in a while doesn't hurt, but try to make them unimportant. This story isn't bad and I'd hate to see it get ruined with fanfiction.net crap.
>> No. 16434
>>16432

....It's already gone too far at this point.
>> No. 16435
>>16434

It's redeemable. It's certainly not the worst story on the boards; just cut down on the cliches.
>> No. 16436
>>16434

Oh, and help the writer out. Maybe point out what you think is wrong so it can be avoided in the future.
>> No. 16438
>>16436
>>16435
>>16432
Thanks for your input guys/guy. I am trying to set up for some big conflict later on in the story. I guess, I'm a little confused on what is considered cliches. >>16432 Gave me a little idea of it so... Anyways, we're at a tie right now although the write-in seems highly out of character.
>> No. 16439
>>16438

The write-in is very out of character.

Try to avoid things like:

Only you can save the world
You are actually a powerful mage reborn from a pheonix dragon
The runes on your sword starting glowing and your hair turned golden and your eyes turned red
A hidden magic temple that grants you power

Things like that.
>> No. 16440
>>16439
Thanks, I will try to keep that in mind when I start writing again. Also, since we're at it, I do have my own ideas on possible directions to go, but is there anything that you'd like to see in the story?
>> No. 16441
>>16440

Sakuya
>> No. 16451
>>16441
There can be Sakuya if an invasion to the SDM is allowed, so right now, no.
>> No. 16452
Judge has made a ruling... and... next update will be in a new thread. Hopefully update sometime later tonight. Also... there will be at least a little bit of Sakuya eventually.
>> No. 17742
Quick note for anyone starting up ORBS. Please ignore post >>16162
It came out very lame, the reimagining of that scene is here:
>>16487


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x