-  [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 18844)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM, WEBP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 126215468179.jpg - (114.25KB , 750x457 , 12_snow_forest_73090420.jpg ) [iqdb]
18844 No. 18844
Hia /eientei/, I'm not sure where this came from. But I've been browsing this place for a while now and decided why not? I've not the best writer, but I don't intend on making this go on for too long.
Anyway enjoy!~

====

It's cold, colder than even you are comfortable with. Hunting during this time of the year is unthinkable, even for you.

However you've hunted in this forest in winter before, hell you've hunted in this forest your entire life! Though there isn't as much to be hunted. The tracks in the snow are freshly made, the heavy snowfall last night left it much easier to track something that came by recently.

You sling your bow over your shoulder, you check your quiver making sure you have all your arrows.

14 Regular, nothing special medium quality arrows- you don't mind wasting a few of these since they are pretty cheap, but they serve their purpose.

6 High Quality, specially crafted arrows. Your teacher gave you these arrows before she left. She taught you a lot of things, hell she practically raised you and your little sister. You don't wish to waste these.

You also have your knife by your side. Your teacher also left it to you. It has the word 'trust' inscribed on it. Your teacher sure was a weird person.

It's snowing lightly now, but night'll come fast, and then it'll get even colder. The thought of it getting colder than this makes you cringe.

The tracks you've been following are leading you up a hill, you were planning on bagging it and going home before nightfall. The tracks lead to a tree, a large tree at that. These tracks don't go past the tree either...did whatever this thing is climb this tree?

Speaking of which, what were you tracking? These footprints looks almost like ones of a small child...fuck. You were too focussed on the weather and you absentmindedly followed some kid up this hill. As far as you know you can't eat a child.

The footprints are definitely that of some kid...barefooted. Why would anyone go out in this weather barefoot? This kid must be crazier than you are. Anyway.

You look upwards at the tree's branches, wait what is that...a pink dress and are those panti-wait is it getting closer?

"Bonzai!" crys an unfamiliar and girlish voice from above

Suddenly you feel like you were hit by a bag of sand, you lose your balance and the bag falls onto your chest as you start sliding down the hill you came up, headfirst too, guess there was ice underneath all the snow.

"Weee!" says the girlish bag of sand sounding amused. Something's covering your eyes, but you can't tell what it is. But you can feel something ontop of your chest, It's not that heavy and it feels soft and warm. It's nice really.

"Not so lucky, huh Mr.Stalker?" Says the giggling bag of sand.

Judging by the voice and how it feels, the bag of sand is a little girl who decided to use you as a sled. She's been giggling most of the way down, you guess she's enjoying this.

Huh? The giggling just stopped...

BAM! you make a sudden stop with your head. On something hard too, you give out a loud yelp of pain. You've hit something. Theres a loud ringing in your head.

Your eyes open, now you feel like you've been hit by a bag of bricks. That was a pretty hard tree. You feel the back of your head for injuries, theres a bump but no blood. You really lucked out. Looks like the girl bailed before you hit the tree. Still that really hurt.

"Ow" you mutter softly trying to get up, that took a lot out of you. Resting for a few moments, you attempt to regain your balance and stand up. Success!



Only to fall right back down. Ouch...

You think you can hear a faint voice, but the ringing in your head drowns it out.

You open your eyes and look at the sky, you can see the full moon. It's pretty, but now it's going to get a lot colder...but actually you feel pretty warm...and you're tired, you'll feel much better after a nap. You close your eyes...


Now, what will you do?

[]Get back on your feet, you've had worse.

[]Sleep, you're injured and should rest.

[]Open your eyes and look around, where did that little girl go?

[]Custom?


This is my first try at this, so I hope it's not that bad. Also I didn't think of a title, but we can do that later or something.
Expand all images
>> No. 18849
[x]Get back on your feet, you've had worse.
>> No. 18850
[X]Get back on your feet, you've had worse.
[X]Look around and look around for the girl. For a little while.

Sleeping + Cold night = your doom.
So, get up man!
>> No. 18851
Feeling warm on a cold night? Either there's a fire around here or he's about to die.

Either way,
[x]Get back on your feet, you've had worse.
>> No. 18852
[X]Get back on your feet, you've had worse.
[X]Look around and look around for the girl. For a little while.
>> No. 18855
Update's almost ready. I combined the votes. It'll be done in several minutes.
>> No. 18856
File 126221551361.jpg - (180.63KB , 480x640 , mokou5.jpg ) [iqdb]
18856
x] Get back on your feet, you've had worse.

[x] Look around and look around for the girl. For a little while.

====

Something doesn't add up, why do you feel warm? It's not summer is it? You heard once before that before you die of hypothermia you start feeling warm, that's probably what it is. But if you were dying where's that bright light you see? Unless...fuck, you need to get up.

You try getting up, only to fall back down. It's slippery, there must be ice underneath you. Carefully you attempt to get up, your strength is drained but you've felt worse. Even though your sick to your stomache, you need something to eat.
The ringing in your head isn't as loud anymore. Your not flat on your back anymore, but standing is proving difficult.

You rest for a few more moments, you'll die if you rest too long. But you need to conserve what little strength you have left.

You hear two voices now...one you know is the giggling sand bag, who sounds kind of worried now. The other voice...you don't recognize. It sounds like a girl you think, and she doesn't sound very amused.

You try looking around, the cold against your eyes makes it hard to see. But you can make out the figures.

One of the figures looks like a little girl with a dress. She must be the one who used you as a sled.

The other one looks much taller and is wearing baggy pants? She must be some sort of rapper or something. You can't make out much else, it's dark and the cold is making your eyes water. The taller baggy pants lady has long white hair with strange ribbons in it, with one larger one on the top of her head. Also White hair? That's pretty uncommon.

The little girl is-wait are those rabbit ears on her head? They must be fake, right? Anyway, she has short black hair. And a pink dress, that dress must have been covering your eyes on the way down. She also has a necklace with...a carrot? She's also barefoot, why would anyone be walking around without shoes in this weather?

Certainly strange people.

You shut your eyes again as you lean against the tree. Your shivering becomes more violent. You hear the voice of the white haired lady is getting louder, is she getting closer? You can kind of make out what she's saying.

"Hey, are you alight? Can you get up?" says the baggy pants lady.

Honestly you don't think you can. But maybe you've overreacting, though your legs feel like jelly. Frozen Jelly. You try to answer her question but all that comes out is the sound of your teath chattering.

Hm? Now you're getting really war- HOT HOT HOT! Your eyes open, the baggy pants woman is looming over you, her presense alone makes you feel as if you've been set on fire. The shivering stops. She backs off as you attempt to get up again.

You're able to stand up, but you're supporting yourself on the tree you hit.

"Yeah I can stand. Barely." You reply, your legs still feel like jelly.

"You sure? You look in bad shape." The lady replies.

"Yeah...I'm fine, really." You lie, you don't feel fine at all, but you can cope with it.

The lady looks at you with a doubtful expression, though its hard to tell from how dark it is. You probably wouldn't be able to see anything if it wasn't for the full moon.

You take a look around, you're in a clearing with a bamboo forest on one side, and the forest you know on the other, you wonder how far you went.
The tree you hit is in the middle of the clearing. No wonder it hurt so much, it's huge. Looking up you can see the full moon. You didn't know about this place, but right now you can't seem to remember much.

You now notice that your bow is missing now, along with your knife. Wait your knife is on the ground beside you, but your bow is no where in sight. You also don't have your quiver.

You sigh and pick up your knife. Hm? Where did the little girl go? The lady with the baggy pants is looking at you expecting you to say something.

Now what will you do?

[]Ask her a question.
[]"Who are you?"
[]"Where did that girl go?"
[]"Where am I?"
[]"Are you my momma?"

[]Assure her your fine and...
[]Look for the little girl.
[]Look for your bow.

[]Thank her and get on your way, it's dark and you need to get home.

[]Run away, you can't trust her and she could be dangerous.

[]Custom?
>> No. 18857
[X]Introduce self
[X]Ask her a question.
- [X]"Who are you?"
- [X]"Where did that girl go?"
- [X]"Where am I?"
- [X]"Have you seen my bow?"
>> No. 18858
[x]Ask her a question.
-[x]"Who are you?"
-[x]"Where did that girl go?"
-[x]"Where am I?"
-[x] Did that girl take off with my bow and arrows?
>> No. 18859
[X]Introduce self
[X]Ask her a question.
- [X]"Who are you?"
- [X]"Where did that girl go?"
- [X]"Where am I?"
- [X]"Have you seen my bow?"
>> No. 18860
[X]Ask her a question.
-[X]"Where did that girl go?"
>> No. 18861
[X]Introduce self
[X]Ask her a question.
- [X]"Who are you?"
- [X]"Where did that girl go?"
- [X]"Where am I?"
- [X]"Have you seen my bow?"

...Why not?
>> No. 18862
[X]Introduce self
[X]Ask her a question.
- [X]"Who are you?"
- [X]"Where did that girl go?"
- [X]"Where am I?"
- [X]"Have you seen my bow?"

We need the bow.
>> No. 18872
Working on the update. Will be done shortly.
>> No. 18876
File 126228913341.jpg - (26.43KB , 300x300 , Tewi_Inaba_by_usagi_ninja.jpg ) [iqdb]
18876
[X]Introduce self
[X]Ask her a question.
- [X]"Who are you?"
- [X]"Where did that girl go?"
- [X]"Where am I?"
- [X]"Have you seen my bow?"

====

That lady is waiting for you to say something.

Well, I guess you should introduce yourself.

"Um, I am..." Wait shit, you can't remember your name.

"...?" She gives you a confused look, you feel kind of stupid now. Forgetting your own name, your head hurts.

"I can't remember who I am." You say, it's kind of depressing not knowing who you are.

The lady sighs "I'm sure it'll come back to you, you did hit your head pretty hard. What the hell happened?"

"Um, well I-" You try to explain but she cuts you off.

"Never mind, it doesn't matter. It's dangerous to be out here at night." She says. You know that much, the cold could kill anyone on a night like this.

"I know that, anyway who are you?" You ask, this lady helped you. You should at least know who to thank.

"Does that really matter? I'm Mokou if you must know, I help idiots who get lost in this forest." Mokou says, she doesn't sound very happy.

"...where did that little girl go?" you ask, I guess you are kind of lost. -you feel a tug on your coat.

You turn around to see the little girl with rabbit ears looking up at you with sad puppy dog eyes...red eyes, that's...interesting.

"Hey Mister Stalker, you dropped these." the girl with the rabbit ears says, she's holding your bow as well as your quiver.

"Oh...thanks." you say, taking your things back. All of your arrows are still in your quiver, you're thankful for that at least.

"Sorry about using you as a sled Mister, in my defense you were stalking me." She says, I guess you were kind of stalking her. It wasn't on purpose though.

Well at least you have your bow now, though you don't know who you are. And you can't feel your legs. Things could be better. Also where are you?

"Where am I?" you ask them. You really don't know where you are, you have no idea how far from your hunting grounds you are. The hill you went down is really steep...and covered in ice. How are you going to get home?

"Right now?" says Mokou. "You're in the Bamboo forest of lost, well kind of. Anyway are you really alright?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine." You really don't feel fine, at all actually. You feel like you could blow chunks at any moment.

Now both of them are giving you a doubtful expressions, you're a really bad liar.

Mokou sighs. "You're not fine. Here, you're coming with with me to Eientei. Tewi you're coming too." Now you know the little girl's name. And now you're going somewhere apparently.

Tewi pouts, "But why!? He's just a stalker!" She doesn't sound very happy...and her bunny ears are drooping.

Also just a stalker? Now that hurts.

"Yeah, but you did this to him." Mokou says, then she turns to you "Can you walk or will I have to carry you?"

"I think I can walk." You say, you do feel a bit better now. Your legs still feel like jelly.

"If he can walk can't we just drop him off at the human village?" Tewi says.

In your opinion the Human Village sounds more inviting than Eientei, but you've never been to either of them as far as you know.

Mokou sighs "Whatever. What will it be Mr.Stalker?"

You don't really like the name Mr.Stalker...

[] Go to Eientei.
-[] Walk there on your own.
-[] Have Mokou carry you, you doubt you can walk there.

[] Got to the Human Village.
-[] Walk there on your own.
-[] Have Mokou carry you, you doubt you can walk there.

[]On the way ask about...
-[]Eientei
-[]The Human Village
-[]Tewi's ears
-[]Mokou's Baggy pants
-[]Custom?

[] Custom?

Optional:
[]Also call me...
-[]Custom
>> No. 18884
[X] Go to Eientei.
-[X] Walk there on your own.
[X]On the way, ask about...
-[X]Tewi's ears
>> No. 18889
[x] Go to Eientei.
-[x] Have Mokou carry you, you doubt you can walk there.
-[x] Thank her afterwards.

I'd figured that it's best to be safe but it might be irritating to Mokou, so a bit of gratitude goes a nice way.

[x]On the way ask about...
-[x]Eientei

[x]Also call me...
-[x]Woodrow

Can anyone guess the reference behind the name? (Hint: Tales series)
>> No. 18904
[X] Go to Eientei.
-[X] Walk there on your own.
[X]On the way, ask about...
-[X]Tewi's ears

>Tewi's ears
is all i read.
>> No. 18937
[X] Go to Eientei.
-[X] Walk there on your own.
-[X] "Drop the 'stalker' thing would ya? I have a name, I think... What was it... Kuramochi?
[X]On the way, ask about
-[X]Tewi's ears

THOSE EARS
>> No. 18955
[X] Go to Eientei.
-[X] Walk there on your own.
-[X] "Drop the 'stalker' thing would ya? I have a name, I think... What was it... Kuramochi?
[X]On the way, ask about
-[X]Tewi's ears

Looking good so far.
>> No. 18988
[X] Go to Eientei.
-[X] Walk there on your own.
-[X] "Drop the 'stalker' thing would ya? I have a name, I think... What was it... Kuramochi?
[X]On the way, ask about
-[X]Tewi's ears
Updates?
>> No. 18998
Will be finished sometime tomorrow, I think.

Oh yeah and happy new year!
>> No. 19032
File 126265703071.jpg - (319.15KB , 1600x2135 , f82a3e6460e84d1cc4b655c17d969fd4.jpg ) [iqdb]
19032
[X] Go to Eientei.
-[X] Walk there on your own.
-[X] "Drop the 'stalker' thing would ya? I have a name, I think... What was it... Kuramochi?
[X]On the way, ask about
-[X]Tewi's ears

====

You sling your bow over your shoulder. As well as your quiver.

Mokou is waiting for an answer.

"Well what'll it be?" she says, she isn't a very pacient person is she?

"Eientei I guess, I can walk there on my own. Is it far?" You say, it sounds like a strange place. But you have no reason not to trust Mokou.

You think you can see Tewi frown a little at your answer.

"It shouldn't be that far from here, often comes to this portion of the woods though. You must have been really lost." she says, you weren't really lost though. You think.

"We really have to take the Stalker with us?" Tewi says , you're really tired of being called 'Mister Stalker'.

"Drop the 'stalker' thing would ya? I have a name, I think... What was it... Kuramochi?" You say, your mind is a little less clouded now. You aren't sure about it, but it's better than being called 'Stalker'.

"Kuramochi huh? I prefer calling you Mr.Stalker." Tewi says, you frown and she speaks up again. "But that's alright too."

"Anyway, Kuramochi was it? Do you really think you can walk there?" Mokou says. Surprizingly enough you do feel much better.

"I'm pretty sure I can. It'll take more than that to stop me. And you said yourself it shouldn't be too far" you reply. It's cold, but you've been through much worse. You can feel your legs now too.

"Good, if you're good enough to walk. Tewi, you'll lead him to Eientei." Mokou says. You probably can walk. "I have more important things to do."

You figured as much, she must be a busy person...or not.

"Eh!? What if he does weird things to me?" Tewi nearly shouts, also what does she mean by Weird things?

"..." There's a moment of silence, you don't know exactly how to react to that.

"I don't think he would." says Mokou. "I think Mr.Kuramochi would know better unless he really wants to die...do you?"

"What!? Of course I don't! What kind of question is that!?" Besides, you really aren't that kind of guy.

"Good." says Mokou smiling.

"You really trust this stalker?!" says the annoying bunny girl.

"Not really, but..." says Mokou, she snaps her fingers and creates a large flame that dissipates after a few moments. "I am sure he'll behave." She now has an amused look on her face...but you don't think that's a good thing.

...Scary. This lady is dangerous, you're sure of it now.

The amused look is gone, she sighs and says "The same goes for you Tewi. No more pranks."

"Fine. But if he does anything weird it's..." she makes the motion of her finger going across her throat making an imitation of slitting her own throat. "It's the end for him right?" Tewi says.

"If it makes you feel better I guess." Mokou says shrugging.

However that doesn't make you feel any better at all.

"Well with that settled. I'm leaving. Good luck Kuramochi." Says Mokou, sticking her hands into her pockets and starts walking off.

"Thanks!" you yell out to her, yet there's no response. You are thankful though, even though your life was just threatened.

You turn to Tewi and look down at her. And she looks back at you. Those red eyes are bothering you, and those ears...you stares at each other for a few moments, then she quickly turns her head away.

"Here let's go." she says as she starts walking, you follow slowly behind her. It feels a little weird walking, but you can do this.

The full moon shines on the light snowfall, and this forest is really something. Much different from what you're used to. It's all so beautiful.

"You really won't do anything weird right?" the little bunny girl asks you.

"Of course not." You answer, you would never even think of it. Especially after Mokou's threat.

She walks closer to you and says, "Promise?".

"Yeah, I promise." you reply. "By the way, what's with those ears?"

"Eh? my ears?" she says confused. "I'm a rabbit."

"You look like a little girl to me." you say, you reach out and touch her 'ears' she lets out a quiet gasp. They feel...so soft, they feel so...

"Real?" she says, then she starts giggling. "Also I don't look it, but really I'm a lot older than you are."

You give her a doubtful expression, "Now I know you're lying."

She stops and turns to you pouting, "I'm not lying!"

"Oh so you're telling me that you're really a rabbit?" You say.

"That's right!" she says proudly. "I'm their leader!"

"..."

[] Play along with it.
-[] "Good I can't eat little girls."
-[] "That's too bad, I like younger girls."
-[] "And I'm the queen of France."
-[] Custom?

[] You're going to need confirmation.
-[] Feel her ears again...they're so soft.
-[] Lift up her dress and check for a tail.
-[] Custom? (I have a feeling I might regret puting custom here.)

[] Burst out laughing.

[] change the subject.
-[] "So are we there yet?"
-[] "Why was Mokou in such a hurry?"
-[] "Why are your ears so soft?"

[] Custom?
>> No. 19036
[X] You're going to need confirmation.
-[X] Feel her ears again...they're so soft.

Must touch ears, they call to me
>> No. 19037
[x] change the subject.
-[x] "Why was Mokou in such a hurry?"
>> No. 19038
File 126266163978.jpg - (70.96KB , 400x350 , c.jpg ) [iqdb]
19038
>Kuramochi
>Considering Mokou's surname and her back story as a daughter of an aristocrat charmed by the Kaguya-hime of legend, she is supposed to be the daughter of Kuramochi no Miko (車持皇子), who was given the quest for the Jeweled Branch of Hourai by Kaguya. (http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Fujiwara_no_Mokou)
I get it I get it

[x] Play along with it.
-[x] "Good. I can't eat little girls."
[x] "Why are your ears so soft, anyway?"
[x] "Why was Mokou in such a hurry?"
>> No. 19045
[x] Play along with it.
- [x] Really now?
[x] Why was Mokou in a hurry?


I'd thought he'd be familiar with Youkai, since doesn't he live in the village?
>> No. 19127
File 126301350550.jpg - (137.25KB , 850x637 , sample-fe57cab8a579955d22dc9a46453fef67.jpg ) [iqdb]
19127
>>19045
I suppose he could be familiar with them, I haven't specified too many things yet. Blame me for being so terribly lazy. Also I believe I wrote somewhere that he hasn't been to the Village as far as he knows.
>>19038
Clever Anon is clever.

Anyway, writing update, combining votes, hopefully done tomorrow. As an apology here's a Mystia.
>> No. 19177
File 126332024586.jpg - (847.30KB , 1024x768 , 003297e8150346c30f80e4db022d346f.jpg ) [iqdb]
19177
[x] Play along with it.
-[x] "Really now?"
-[x] "Good. I can't eat little girls."
[x] "Why are your ears so soft, anyway?"
[x] "Why was Mokou in such a hurry?"

====

"Really now?" you say. Does she really expect you to believe she's a rabbit? Though those ears couldn't feel like that if they weren't real...

"Yep!" Tewi exclaims. You still don't believe her though, but you'll play along with it.

"Good. I can't eat little girls." you tell the little bunny girl. Although you aren't sure if you can eat rabbits that look like little girls either.

Tewi turns to you and gives you a horrified look. "T-that's not funny." she stutters. Cute.

"Haha, I guess it wasn't." you tell her, but you thought it was pretty funny.

You continue walking beside Tewi.

It would sure be nice to have something to eat soon.

You sigh. You wonder if there's food where you're going.

You glance over to Tewi, her ears...they call to you. You're hand begins to move on its own. You can't stop it...

So soft. This is heaven. You can't stop, you continue gently feeling and stroking her ears. At first she gives you a confused look, but she gives in and enjoys it. This continues for a few moments without a word.

"Why are your ears so soft anyway?" you ask the soft eared little girl.

"I'm a rabbit." she pouts "Why don't you believe me?"

"Because things like bunny girls only exist in people's fantasy." you tell her. I mean really. Mokou's fire trick was weird too, but you've seen tricks like that before. "There's just no way."

Tewi gives you an odd look "So you've never seen a youkai before?"

"Never, they're just fantasy anyway." you reply, your teacher believed in youkai. But honestly your teacher was a little daft.

"You're lucky you aren't dead by now." Tewi says. She's right though, the cold could have killed you. "Youkai are more dangerous at night. And some only come out on a full moon." That's the least of you're worries.

That also sounds like something teacher would say. But you seriously doubt their existance. "You honestly believe Youkai exist?" you ask the little girl.

"Of course. I am one." she says with a serious tone. Which isn't very fitting honestly. "Mokou should have escorted you. It's dangerous for humans to be here at all."

Mokou. Why didn't she want to escort you? Was she busy? And what was with the threats? And why were you fine with them? Why do you feel like... You deserve it.

Wait what?

"Why was Mokou in such a hurry?" you ask. Something's wrong, she was fine with accompanying you before. What was with the change of heart?

She shrugs "Maybe she doesn't like you. Usually she'd help any human who got lost in this forest. I don't know what she'd have to do on a night like this." That makes you feel just great. You decide to change the subject again. For some reason talking about Mokou unsettles you.

"So you're telling me Youkai really exist?" which you still doubt, who would believe in something lik-

Tewi speaks up "If you want to find out for yourself. I can leave you here." That would be fine, only you have no idea where you are. "You lived in that forest right? Back there?"

"Yep. I moved out of a nearby village." you answer, you can start to remember now. But it feels like there are somethings that don't want to be remem-you fall to the ground.

You cringe. Pain. Pain. It's excruciating. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. What is this? It feels like you've been stabbed through your heart...why? What's happening to you? This isn't normal! Why? Why? Why?

It's still so early.

The last thing you see is the little bunny girl running to you, she's yelling something. But you can't hear her.

Forgive me.

How unfortunate.

What's happening?

It's only beginning.

Everything fades to black.

What will it be?


[] Truth Go right ahead.

[] Lies I wouldn't blame you.

[] Childhood You don't want this.

[] Death Not yet.

[] Custom? Not here.


Sorry about the late update. I had a few set backs. In other words, I suck.
>> No. 19179
File 126333039849.jpg - (68.73KB , 800x564 , d184e521612d1cb8920f521dba1bcc7d.jpg ) [iqdb]
19179
[x] Truth Go right ahead.
Moko-moko, why do you hate us so?
>> No. 19180
[x] Truth Go right ahead.

Confront the truth.

I wonder if his teacher was Eirin
>> No. 19184
[x] Truth Go right ahead.

Start off with this.
>> No. 19185
[] Truth Go right ahead.
>> No. 19188
File 126336494659.jpg - (20.01KB , 229x247 , PLOT.jpg ) [iqdb]
19188
[x] Truth
>> No. 19263
File 126353173795.jpg - (21.61KB , 315x304 , Carl_Sagan_Biography.jpg ) [iqdb]
19263
[x] Truth
Won the vote!
Commencing writing!
....
Done hopefully soon!

Have a Carl Sagan!
>> No. 19310
File 126384533886.jpg - (23.00KB , 359x359 , black.jpg ) [iqdb]
19310
[x] Truth

====

Go ahead.

...

Another day.

Well at least you got some sleep for once. A dreamless sleep. Even the sleepless nights were more pleasant than the nightmares that haunt you.

You slowly get up and get dressed. It's that day isn't it?

...

It is.

You glance over to the door, which is slightly opened. There's a little girl with short black hair hiding behind it. Peeking inside.

It's your daughter, you wanted a son. And your wife died soon after she was born. And you'll never forgive her for that.

Never.

'Forgive me.'

Never.

Speaking of which, today's that very same day. That damned day.

"...uh, dad. Do y-you know what day it is?" she says.

"As if I could ever forget."

It's all her fault, everyday of your life it's been all you think about.

In response she stares down at the floor completely silent. Why do you feel...bad? You hate her very existence. You question why you haven't strangled he-

'Forgive me.'

...

"....it's also your birthday today. Right?" Why is she bothering you with this?

She only nods in response.

"Can't you just go out with your friends?"

she looks up at you with a dejected look.

Is she trying to make you feel guilty? She took everything from you. And expects you to feel bad?

...

"I-I was thinking you and I could go out together and do something." she says.

"...." You stare blankly at her. What does she want from you anyway?

She looks away to the side and slowly closes the door.

Dammit, why are you doing this?

"Fine, I'll go."

You can see her show a slight smile before the door completely shuts.




You decide to take a walk around town, it's a gloomy day today.

You wonder if it will rain.

Looking towards the sky. You'd say it's pretty likely.

"We should have brought an umbrella huh?"

"Yeah, we should have." you say, smalltalk is pretty hard in these awkward situations.

You look over to her. She dresses like a tomboy, complete with the short hair.

Maybe because you wanted a son, she tries her best to look like one.

...

Why does she try so hard?



After a bit of walking. It really does start raining, well more of a drizzle but it is getting noticeably harder.

The both of you stop over at a stand selling strange figurines to get out of the rain. Your daughter insists on buying an umbrella and asks you to stay here while she gets one.

Not having much else to do you look over the collection of miniature figures. Each and every one of them must be made by hand to have such amazing detail.

Two of them catch your eye. One of them is of a Dragon, with beautiful detail but its eyes have a look you can't quite put your finger on. It's colors remind you of the night sky.

The other is a Phoenix, with a fierce look on its face,its wings spread out full. Eyes full of determination, its vibrant colors remind you of an early sunrise.

To put so much time in effort into them. Both of them are so...

"Amazing." You say.

"Oh? Has something caught your eye, sir?" says a lady from behind you, presumably the owner of this stand.

"Did you make all of these?" you ask the lady.

"Not all of them, but I did make quite a few." she replies. "I see you have fine taste, these two were given to me."

"I see."

"Are you interested in buying one?" she says, are you? I guess you could buy one for...

Wait why would you do that? She doesn't deserve anything from you.

...

She just wants to make you proud of her; this is the least you can do for her.

And it is her birthday.

Ugh.


[] Get ...
-[] The Dragon and
--[] Keep it for yourself.
--[] Give it to her.

-[] The Phoenix and
--[] Keep it for yourself.
--[] Give it to her.

-[] Both. Its not like money is an issue, though something feels strange about getting both.
--[] and Keep both for yourself. You wouldn't do that, now would you.
--[] and give both to her.

[] Get nothing. Nothing at all.


I apologize for the late update. I suck at writing.
>> No. 19313
-[x] The Phoenix and
--[x] Give it to her.

Are we Mokou's father?
>> No. 19319
-[x] The Phoenix and
--[x] Give it to her.


>>19313
That could very well be possible.
>> No. 19323
File 12638748785.jpg - (78.75KB , 400x400 , 120724420249.jpg ) [iqdb]
19323
-[x] The Phoenix and
--[x] Give it to her.

Well, I didn't see this one coming. No offense, but I was just expecting a run-of-the-mill CYOA and suddenly this comes along. Nice.
>> No. 19327
If that is indeed the case and he had this bad of an attitude towards his own daughter, Kaguya screwing him over would just be pure Karma. Still regardless of how he is, Mokou would still want to avenge him since she loves her father no matter how much of a bastard he is.
>> No. 19328
[] The Phoenix and give it to her.
>> No. 19352
File 126412472159.jpg - (214.73KB , 768x576 , efac88672a31ab2128c51dcfded2f52f.jpg ) [iqdb]
19352
>>19323
Thank you! I expected negative feedback honestly, seeing this lightens my spirits.
>> No. 19357
>>19352

Seeing those kinds of things always gives us "writefags" happiness.
>> No. 19425
Sorry guys, update's going to be a little late.

I'll have it ready soon.
>> No. 19443
Where's the update
>> No. 19446
File 126478495452.jpg - (11.65KB , 240x283 , enchantment.jpg ) [iqdb]
19446
Update?
>> No. 19447
>>19446

OH GOD WAT
>> No. 19456
File 126482124867.jpg - (35.09KB , 300x559 , phoenix.jpg ) [iqdb]
19456
>>19446
Haha!

This update is terribly late, forgive me.

[x] Get ...
-[x] The Phoenix and
--[x] Give it to her.

====


What's wrong with you? Why would you even consider getting anything for her?

It is her birthday though...

You must be insane. She ruined your life, or did you forget ?

No. But right now, you don't care.

She tries so hard just so you won't hate her. It's the least you can do.

"I'm interested in the phoenix. It's really quite beautiful." you tell the lady. It's not quite as beautiful as the dragon, but it has it's charms.

"Ah, I see." the lady says, then smiles brightly. "Is it for someone special to you?"

No. Absolutely not.

"Yes it is, actually." you tell her.

What the hell is wrong with you today?

"I could tell." Her smile widens, "If that's the case, please take it."

Just take it? For free?

"For how much?" Money really isn't an issue...

But why would you want it in the first place?

"Nothing." she says sweetly.

"Why?" you ask.

"I don't know." She says simply. "You just look like a nice guy."

A nice guy eh? She couldn't be more wrong.

Whatever.

"I really don't mind paying you know."

"I insist." she picks up the phoenix and motions you to take it.

Well if she insists.

It's kind of small, like a tiny statue.

Taking the Phoenix you step outside the stand.

What a strange lady.

It's raining pretty hard now.

Is your daughter alright out there?

You put the figurine away into your coat.

What if something happened to her?

Why the hell would you care? She deserves whatever happens to her.

Doesn't she?

She loves you. She loves you but you hate her.

And she tries so hard.

But you can't bring yourself.

You can't bring yourself to forgive her.

Even though she's done nothing wrong.

...

You forgot how long you've been waiting here, and still no sign of her.

Where is she? You're really starting to get worrie-

Like hell you are, you hope she got lost.

What if she did?

It would be one more thing off your mind.

And nothing more to keep you in this world.

Then you would finally have the love of your life returned to you.

Or would you have lost it?

...

Our time is running short.

Make the most out of it.

...

Fuck.

Where is she?

...

What should you do?


[] Leave. Who cares what happens to her? Not you, that's for sure.

[] Look for her. Why do you even care about her? She should just die.

[] Wait patiently. You're overreacting. She's a strong girl, you shouldn't worry too much.

[] Custom?
>> No. 19459
[x] Look for her. Why do you even care about her?
Because. Not all things have an explanation.
>> No. 19461
[x] Look for her. Why do you even care about her?

An attempt at making him not such bastard. I wonder if the main character in the present would be a sort of reincarnation of Mokou's father but without his memory.
>> No. 19467
[X] Look for her. Why do you even care about her?

Works for me~!
>> No. 19468
[ø] Wait patiently. You're overreacting. She's a strong girl, you shouldn't worry too much.
>> No. 19469
[] Wait patiently. You're overreacting. She's a strong girl, you shouldn't worry too much.
>> No. 19562
Writing update. Hopefully done soon.
>> No. 19565
>>19562

hooray!
>> No. 19568
>>19562
Finally!
>> No. 19612
A few 'your' instead of 'you're' and [bold][/bold] instead of [/b'] but overall not bad.

[x] Fight it. You have to, for her sake. Just try fighting it. I'd like to see how you'd fail.
>> No. 19615
File 126578203039.jpg - (40.80KB , 500x375 , Cloudy_day.jpg ) [iqdb]
19615
Jesus. This is the second time. I'm really off today.
Here goes nothing.
Again. Blah blah blah revised x2.


[x] Look for her. Why do you even care about her?

====

What should you do?

Should you look for her? What if she's lost?

Why should you do anything?

You're the one who let her go out in the rain, all alone.

So?

What if something happened to her?

Why would you care?

Because you don't want to lose her.

Maybe she's just trying to get you to worry.

It's been way too long, she's doing a good job of it.

And either way, you've lost her.

So what? Isn't that a good thing?

No.

Why isn't it? Don't you never want to see her again?

You thought it, and you still do. But that doesn't matter now.

Because she's all you have.

And now she's gone.

...

Why do you care? It's all her fault.

'Forgive me.'

It's not her fault. It never was.

What's with the change of heart?

You'll never stop feeling that way towards her. You can't change that.

But that doesn't matter.

You need to find her.

But where would she be?

Where could she have gone?

...

The rain is starting to get harder.

Should you go out and look for her?

Maybe you're overreacting.

Besides, she's a strong girl. Right?

You can hear loud howls in the distance.

...wolves?

Oh shit.

...

You don't even think about where, you start running down anywhere and everywhere at random.

You keep running as fast as your legs will take you, even though you lost all feeling in your legs a while ago.

...

You're panting hard, but you don't care. You'll keep running until your heart gives out.

You're wet, you're cold, you're afraid and most of all you're alone.

The silence is unsettling, only broken by the sound of rain falling and the occasional thunder. It makes it ever more apparent that your alone here.

But you don't care. You'll keep running.

There is no turning back.

...

You've been running for an eternity, without knowing where you are or where your going anymore. It might be time to end this.

Thunder booms from the sky. And the rain is getting harder still.

You're not giving up. It's too late for that.

Never.




You can't run much farther. Your throat is burning and it's getting harder to breathe. Your heart feels like it'll explode if you keep this up, that is if

your legs don't give out before-hand. You're too old for this shit.

You're losing hope that you'll ever find her.

You're a failure of a father.

No, you were always a bad father.

You're just a failure.

There's a deep lake nearby, and nobody would miss you. The bottom of the lake seems like a fitting place for you.

No. Not yet. You won't give up.

You'll keep looking.

She always tried so hard, so hard so you wouldn't hate her.

And this is what she gets.

It's raining.

And the rain is rolling down from your eyes.

...


Your legs aren't going to run any farther. They're giving out, you're surprised you made it this far.

But you knew you couldn't run forever.

They give out.

You don't struggle, no surprised gasps, no fighting it. What would it serve anyway? You accept your fate.

You land face down in the mud, you can't help but to feel this is fitting.

Just as you deserve.

And you were so close.

Your vision is starting to blur. You can't die here...you have too many regrets.

But there's only one that you regret the most.

You should have been a better father, she deserved much better.

You pray, you're sure no one will answer it, why would they anyway? You know your damned soul cannot be saved, you can only pray for her safety.

That's all that matters.

...

Things are returning to darkness.

...why did it have to be this way?



[] Struggle. You won't give up now, you were so close. You're free to struggle you worm.

[] Fight it. You have to, for her sake. Just try fighting it. I'd like to see how you'd fail.

[] Call out for someone. Anyone will do, someone will have to hear you. How desperate.

[] Accept it. This is what you get, you only wish you had one more chance. I almost wish you weren't so pathetic.

[] Awaken, your not dead yet. You're not sure how, but you'll do it regardless. Don't be so sure of yourself.

[] Awaken. You've seen enough. You want to go back. I gave you more time than your worth.

[] Sleep. You've had enough, you can't take it. It's too early for me to let you die. There will be a time for that.

[] Custom? What else would there be to do?
>> No. 19616
>>19612
And also thanks for pointing that out. My mind's mixed up today.
>> No. 19620
[x] Fight it. You have to, for her sake. Just try fighting it. I'd like to see how you'd fail.
>> No. 19621
[ø] Fight it. You have to, for her sake. Just try fighting it. I'd like to see how you'd fail.
>> No. 19635
[] Call out for someone. Anyone will do, someone will have to hear you. How desperate.
>> No. 19713
File 12662859406.jpg - (105.03KB , 500x700 , 0b2b4f06f21a72a5063b8a0f677edf35.jpg ) [iqdb]
19713
Writing update. I think I'll be done soon. Sooner than usual at least.

Also, happy late Valentines day!
>> No. 19714
>>19713
aaww thanks!
>> No. 19833
File 12667379163.jpg - (33.11KB , 611x800 , UPDATAN_.jpg ) [iqdb]
19833
I apologize for the lateness. In return, huge update.

Also I just noticed the mistake in my name, I've almost never felt more clueless.


[x] Fight it.


You need to learn when to just stay down.

====

...why did it have to be this way?

What's the point of fighting it?

You don't know if your daughter is alive and even if she is, where would she be?

And what if she is no more?

It doesn't matter, you won't stop until you find her either way.

But you've reached the end of the line.

No. It won't end here, you came too far. Dying is taking the easy way out.

I wonder how you'll fail this time.

You won't fail. You know you won't.

You don't even know who you are.

You know you're a man that needs to take responsibility.

This pain is nothing.

What can you do?

You don't know, you're not giving up. You won't die here.

Your time will come.

That time isn't now.

You will proceed.


If you really wish to continue, I will allow you just this once.



The darkness is fading.


You move your head to the side so your face isn't completely in the mud. Not that having your face in the mud isn't enjoyable, just hard to breathe that way.

Your eyes open, but your vision is still blurred.

You think about calling out for help, but who would hear you? You're in the middle of nowhere land where no one goes.

No one to hear you scream.

No one to help you.

No one to save you.

But you don't need anyone.

...

You can't keep feeling sorry for yourself; sure, you fucked up, but you can't just give up now.

You're not even sure if she's out here. You went on a gut feeling and you're paying for it.

Just why did you do that? Running so far without thinking, but you kept going without any thought at all.

You should have thought that over more.

Stupid, just stupid.

She's probably wondering where you went. She's probably outside of that stand, waiting and wondering where you went. Worrying.


No, something was wrong. Simply getting an umbrella wouldn't take half that long.

You couldn't just have waited for her forever. Something happened to her, and you knew it.

When did you start caring about her anyway?

Did you think you could just clear the slate? Rewrite all those things you said to her? The things you've done? Or did you forget?

You think she still loved you despite all of that? You honestly think she still loved you? And you feel sorry for yourself? You're the one who really deserves to die.

No, you were doing this to make things right. You never got to tell her you were sorry.

You seriously think an apology would justify all of that? You seriously think you had one more chance to make it right? Well, there goes your chance.

...

Enough of this. You can't keep playing Sad Daddy. You need to to fight it.

But how?

You still can't feel your legs, which you're somewhat grateful for. It's hard to imagine how much pain they would be in right now. However you'd like to know if they're still attached to you or not. Anyway, you won't be using them for awhile.

You won't be able to walk, so what? You'll crawl the rest of the way if you need to. You're close, you can feel it. To what? You don't know, but you're close to something.

Guess it's not all bad. The rain is starting to calm, though you can't get more soaked than you already are...and you're covered in mud.

...

Must be a pathetic sight.

Ok. You pull yourself away from the wet earth. Your legs won't budge but your arms still work.

Barely though, even though your arms probably suffered the least. You're exhausted, you don't know how much longer these arms will hold you up, maybe crawling is out of the question after all.

It doesn't seem like anything's broken, everything is sore but nothing is broken.

There's an awful taste in your mouth. Oh gee, wonder what that is.

Your breathing is stable now, good, that's good. And your heartbeat is good too.

You were probably exaggerating before. You're definitely not going to die. In fact you feel fine!

Well, no you don't actually. Probably even more so when you regain feeling in your legs, whenever that will be.

A little running won't kill you? No, no it won't. But that was ridiculous, you weren't meant to do shit like that.

Well you won't be running any time soon, that's for sure. You let yourself fall back to the ground. You need to conserve your strength.

....

Hm?

You can faintly hear something. Footsteps, running. Splashing of puddles. Something's coming towards you.

You struggle to push yourself from the ground with your arms.

It's definitely more than one person, you can't hear what they're yelling over the rain. They sound worried. For you? Why?

You can hear them, they're really close now. You can hear the sound of raindrops hitting an umbrella.

"Hey, are you alright?" says a kind voice, a gentle voice, but overall a worried voice. It isn't her voice, it's someone else. "Can you stand?"

This seems familiar to you...

You must look terrible, and you feel terrible. "I'm fine. But I don't think I can stand," you manage to choke out. You sound awful too.


"D-dad?" Now that's a voice you know.


You look towards the voice, and there she is. She's smiling, holding back tears. She's soaked too, but at least she's safe.

You push yourself as far from the ground as your arms allow. It takes a lot of effort, but you don't care.

"Thank goodness." Now you're holding back tears. "I thought I would never see you again."

She's standing in front of you, and then the short haired tomboy drops to her knees and embraces you tightly. You wish you could hug her back.

You're tempted to stroke her hair, but your hands are all dirty so you won't do that.

"I'm so sorry," she says, crying on your shoulder.

"Don't be; I'm sorry, sorry I'm such failure of a father," you tell her. "This is all my fault, I should have bee-"

"Shush." she says, pulling herself from your shoulder, looking into your eyes and smiling. "I love you."

You can't help but smile. She still loves you. After all of this, she still loves you. You feel like crying; you think you might be already.


The rain is calming down some more, it's kind of peaceful like this.




"Such a touching reunion." the other lady with the gentle voice says with a sniffle. Is she crying?

The lady is younger than you are by the looks of her. She's beautiful...gentle brown eyes, really long and silky black hair that shines like the moon, and a cheerful smile, a caring smile. An unearthly beauty; maybe she's an angel.

Despite this, the look in her eyes you can't exactly put your finger on; but you can tell one thing.

They look almost sad, lonely. You wonder why?

She reminds you of someone whom you lost long ago...but that person is dead. She died on this day.

Something is telling you that there's something wrong. Something dangerous about this woman. But you dismiss it; she found your daughter after all. She can't be all bad.


"Thank you for finding my daughter," you thank her. "I don't know what I would have done without her."

"Don't worry, it was my pleasure." The young lady replies with a lovely smile.

"Your daughter looked like she was lost and needed a hand," she continues. Twirling her umbrella with one hand "Honestly I thought she was a boy when I first saw her!" she giggles into her sleeve.

That last comment raises an embarrassed reaction from your daughter. Tomboy or not, you're glad she's here with you.

...

Oh yeah, you have something for your her. You feel inside your coat to see if it's still intact, which is difficult because you're still using your hands to keep yourself up.

Lucky day, the bird is still in there.

"Hey, I have something for you." you tell your her and she gives you a curious look. "Here it's in my coat pocket."

You feels around your coat, she stops when she finds it. Then she takes it out to examine it.

She's speechless, she's giving you a surprised look. Well, you can't say you didn't expect that.

"Happy birthday." you smile.

She smiles back at you. It's nice to see her like this for a change. She hugs you again; which you kind of wish she hadn't, you are covered in mud after all.

"I love you dad."



Time's up, world's greatest dad.


It may not seem so bad now. But soon enough you'll regret your decision.


You're anxious to learn the truth. But when you do, then what?


I gave you the choice, and it was your decision. You wanted to know the truth. But you'll also have to face your lies someday.


I don't completely hate you, and you'll understand why someday. Just think of it as that I'm giving you hints in the right direction.

You would be wise to my hints. For both of you. For your safety; if you aren't careful, you'll definitely get burned.

You're trying hard to make things right, I commend you for that.

However you won't be able to change what has already happened. I won't let you.

You are the observer in this world. Only a puppet, and you are not the one pulling the strings here.


When you awake, I will no longer be able to talk with you. But you'll hear from me again soon enough.



But now,it's time to wake up. So until next time.
>> No. 19834
...

...

Your eyes open.

You're awake again...for real this time.. But where the hell are you now?

Hmm...

Well, you're in someone's room. In a bed, a comfy one at that, nice warm wool blankets. There's curtains to your left and a small table with a steaming cup of...something to your right, tea? ...if it's still piping hot then someone was probably just in here. There's also a note next to the tea, but in this light you don't think you could read it.

Other than that, not much else to note.

Except that it's dark. And no one seems to be around, but you're still a little paranoid. The only light source is moonlight coming from a nearby window.

How did you get here?

...

You wonder how late it is.

It's definitely late at night; you don't feel to tired though. It might be a good time to investigate.

Looking out the window, the moon's phase is a waning gibbous, not completely full; It was a full moon that night, so a few days must have passed.

You toss off some of your blankets. You're in different clothes now, a simple robe, feels nice though; but who changed you out of your old clothes? And furthermore where are they now?

Also are your legs still attached?

...

Good.


Wait.

Shit; your bow and quiver are gone again, and god dammit your knife is gone too!

You feel so naked without them, helpless; and what happened to you anyway?

...

Let's see; it was night, you were on your way to Eientei in that bamboo forest with Tewi and Moko-no just Tewi, Mokou left to do something. Something important.

Mokou...she was kind of scary. But you can tell she's a nice person deep down.

Are you at Eientei now?

...

What happened after that?

You were walking alongside Tewi, talking about fairies or something, then you passed out all of a sudden?

So were you asleep that whole time?

And if you were, how did you get here?

Did someone take you the rest of the way? If so whom?

Tewi? No, that wouldn't seem likely. Mokou left, so that rules her out.

Well, that's everybody you know.

So that whole time you were asleep, that was all a dream?

And that dream, it seemed way too real. And that voice, you aren't sure if you like it or not.

Also, those people. You knew that girl was your daughter, but your mind is drawing blanks. You know who she is but you don't at the same time. You don't know her name. Also, you don't ever remember having a daughter, that whole scenario is confusing to you.

You lived in a small village with your little sister, and you were raised by your teacher. You're sure you never had a daughter. Nor were you ever married. This whole thing doesn't make any sense.

And that other lady, the one with the lovely smile. You know her too, something felt strange about her. Maybe it's just you.

...

You yawn, tired. You need time to think this all through.

And there are more pressing matters at hand, like where the hell are you?


You're still tired, but you think you can probably stay up for a little longer.

What should you do?

[] Find and retrieve your weapons at all cost.
-[] Sneak around, you aren't sure what you're up against.
-[] Just look around casually, who's going to stop you at this hour?

[] Look around for your clothes.

[] Examine yourself further.

[] What about that drink?
-[] Examine.
-[] Bottoms up!

[] Call for someone?
-[] Call for Tewi
-[] Call for Mokou
-[] Call for Mommy.

[] Escape?
-[] Through the window, dramatically.
-[] Run for the exit!


[] Just go to bed. You'll find answers soon enough.




Also, any title ideas?

Suggestions?
>> No. 19835
[x] Examine yourself further.
[x] Just go to bed. You'll find answers soon enough.

Let's not overdo it now.
>> No. 19836
[X] Examine yourself further.
[X] Look around for your clothes.
[x] What about that drink?
-[X] Examine.

Huzzah, HUGE update!
>> No. 19846
[x] Examine yourself further.
[x] What about that drink?
-[X] Examine.
[x] Find and retrieve your weapons at all cost.
-[x] Sneak around, you aren't sure what you're up against.
>> No. 19853
[ø] Examine yourself further.
[ø] Look around for your clothes.
[ø] What about that drink?
-[ø] Examine.

As for the title, let's wait a little longer, until we get to know our protagonist better.
>> No. 19909
File 126731530955.jpg - (176.67KB , 1000x1167 , 1267296293963.jpg ) [iqdb]
19909
>>19853
Sounds like a plan.

Anyway, update's being re written. Sorry for the delay, blame power outages and me forgetting to save.
>> No. 19976
>>19909
>10/02/28
?_?
>> No. 20026
My. Where does time go? It really doesn't feel like weeks have past, maybe I'm just lazy.

Anyway, update is finally finished. My little vacation gave me time to think things through, I need to keep track of time and update more frequently.

Anyway.


[x] Examine yourself further.
[x] Look around for your clothes.
[x] What about that drink?
-[x] Examine.


====

Well, your current situation is confusing at best. But this might be your chance to have a breather.

You have little idea of where you could be.

That dream.

None of it fits.

You couldn't be that person.

You know who you are, don't you?

So why is it so confusing?

It'll all come back to you sooner or later, right?

...

Do you want it to come back?


...


You yawn. It really doesn't feel like you've slept for days.

It feels like you were awake for days without sleeping.

Well, maybe not. But still. You've been out a while.

Were you dreaming that whole time? Are you still dreaming?

If so, when will you wake up?

You're so confused.

And hungry...when was the last time you ate?

Best keep your mind off it.


You get up from bed.

Stretch.

Yawn.

...


It's quiet.

Peaceful.

Lonely.

Dark.

The only source of light is coming from the window.


The moon light shines through the window, it glistens off the snow.

Sort of a surreal feel.

It feels like this is the dream, and that was reality.

A strange feeling.


How do you feel?

You feel fine, if not a little tired.

You should probably check yourself just in case.

You undo your robe, there are a few small bandages, most of which on your back and a few on your sides.

Guess on the trip down that hill you were cut a bit.

Rocks underneath the ice? Maybe. You probably slid past them so fast you didn't even notice.

Ice can be dangerous. You're lucky the wounds were minor.

The cuts probably would have been deeper if it wasn't for that heavy coat.

Which probably means its ripped up something bad. Wonder where it is?

You were stripped of practically everything you had on you. Your bow, knife, everything.

Not exactly a comforting feeling.

You'll look for it and everything else in a bit.

There's a huge bump on your head, must have hit your head pretty hard. It still hurts when you touch it.

That must have also been from your trip.

Anything else?

....

The hell?

Are these Burns? No. Burn scars, large ones in various places; and they don't look recent.

...you don't remember these.

They look painful ...why don't you feel anything?

When and how did you get these?

And why didn't you notice them sooner?

Even more confusing.


You feel like you shouldn't ignore these. But right now there's not much to do about them.

....

Where are your clothes?

It's dark, but you can still somewhat see what's around you.

Better get looking.

...

The door to your room isn't locked, so you could leave easily.

You also found various medications and medical equipment scattered around. Might be something for your dreams laying around.

Strangest of all, you found carrots. Yes carrots, lots and lots of carrots.

Not that you're complaining, you were hungry.

You finally find your clothes, folded neatly on top of each other.

But that's not all. They're as good as new. The holes that were in your coat before the incident have been mended.

You should thank whoever did this.

Later.

You round up your clothes and walk towards your bed.

Maybe you should just call it a night.

...

Hopefully you won't have anymore strange dreams.

Oh yeah, the cup of....something is still sitting on the table. Still steaming hot.

What is it?

Smells strange.

The note, maybe you could read it by the window light.

Hmm..

"Dear mister Kuramochi, please drink this."

That couldn't be more vague. Drinking this might be a bad idea.

You are thirsty on the other hand.

Hmm.

[] Screw it, go to bed.
-[] Before bed, Inventory check?

[] Bottoms up!

[] Leave. You have your clothes, it's time to skedaddle.
-[] Window?
-[] Exit.

[] Custom?
>> No. 20027
[x] Bottoms up!

To our health!
>> No. 20028
[x] Bottoms up!
Why not?
>> No. 20029
[X] Bottoms up!

-[X] Before bed, Inventory check?
>> No. 20030
[ø] Bottoms up!
>> No. 20031
File 126844564843.jpg - (12.82KB , 400x266 , drink me.jpg ) [iqdb]
20031
[x] Bottoms up!
>> No. 20032
Writing update!

>>20031
Hoho.
>> No. 20033
File 126862962753.jpg - (21.97KB , 415x512 , DalveyFHW.jpg ) [iqdb]
20033
[X] Bottoms up!

-[X] Before bed, Inventory check?


====

Well, it says drink it.

And it seems friendly enough.

What could possibly go wrong?

Well, bottoms up!

It still looks hot, so maybe not bottoms up.

Oh well, it doesn't seem that hot.

Just in case.

...

.....

.......

Oh god.

You don't think this is tea.

...

Your vision is blurring again.

This is bad.

No, this is horrible.

Oh no oh no oh no.

Why the hell do these things keep happening to you?


...what the hell is this?

Poison?

Why?

What have you done to deserve this?


Who would do this?!

...

Your stomach is churning, it's cursing out your name.

Antidote? Wheres the charcoal?


The room is spinning.

Your mind is going numb.

And so is the rest of your body.

You drop to your knees.

Not again, you aren't going back.

Not yet..


You're going to be sick.

Your insides are burning.


Here we go.

...

That's an interesting color.

None of that looks like carrots.

Hell you don't know what that looks like.

Well, there goes your midnight snack.

You should be worried about all that red, but you feel much better now.


Ugh, it feels like your head was split open.

At least you didn't shrink or something.

You don't appreciate whoever did that.

In fact, you'd like a word with them.

Hell, you had a right to be paranoid. Whoever did this must have something against you.

Tewi? Couldn't be, that's more than a simple joke.

To disguise something so innocent as tea as a means of assassination.

Sickening.

But if they were trying to kill you, why would they bring you here in the first place and not to freeze to death?

Ok, maybe this is just a misunderstanding.

Or more likely your host is toying with you.


Hm? There's still a fair amount of that horrid substance left.

Might as well take some with you, tons of spare vials around.

Could come in handy.

Perhaps for a little getting even.

...


That ordeal was unpleasant, you need some rest.

Would it be wise to sleep here? And take the risk?

After all the noise you made during your ordeal, there's still no sign of anyone. It's suspicious.

If they are trying to kill you, you should be aware. You're unarmed, even more reason not to drop your guard.


Before anything, you should check what you have with you.


A black heavy wool coat, it's pretty warm. It looks as good as new. And despite your mishap, you still should thank whoever did this.

A grayish-white over-shirt, not to thick. Just something to fight the cold with. It used to be white, now it seems to have been discolored. Fire?

A simple undershirt, nothing special. It's also slightly discolored.

Your socks aren't discolored. Or full of holes anymore.

Some things can't be fixed by a simple wash you suppose.

What else?

Right now, you're wearing a simple robe. Presumably from your oh so kind host.

Vials of that awful concoction. If it was poison, must not be very strong, or perhaps you hadn't drank enough for it to be lethal.

That note. Hmm.

You rip the note to shreds. There.

The now remains of what used to be that note. 'Drink this' your ass.

Anything else?

Hm. Pocket watch? Interesting. Does it work?

Around 11:30. It's not that late after all, still late. Just not as much as initially thought.

Maybe you can actually get some sleep.

Still, it surprises you that nobody else is up.

Anything else in your pockets?

A letter? It's a bit crumpled and is suffering from a few water marks. It should still be legible. The seal is still intact, so it hasn't been opened.

You don't remember this.

However at the moment you can't remember very much.

Tap tap tap tap

Footsteps?

Only one person, drawing in closer to your room.

...

It stopped, near the door.

Maybe back to finish the job?

A sigh. A meek, tired, feminine sigh. Barely audible to your ears.

She doesn't sound very dangerous.

However you won't let your guard down.

This could be your chance for counterattack.

Might get answers.

First it'd be wise to improvise weapons.

Hmmm. That chair in the corner would do good.

Knock knock.

Think fast.

[] CHAIR ATTACK! MAKE HER NEVER WANT TO SIT DOWN AGAIN!
-[] Battle Cry?

[] Assassination, she'd never see it coming.
-[] Use the pocket watch.

[] Play dead. You're tired, you should be able to pull it off.

[] Nothing, meek girls react to movement. She wont see you if you don't move.

[] Escape?
-[] Window, like a boss.
-[] KICK DOWN THE DOOR AND RUN FOR IT.

[] Fuck this. Sleep.

[] Custom?
>> No. 20034
[x] Hide in the most reasonably dark area of the room and wait for her to open the door. Grab her from behind and proceed to questioning. It's just one meek sounding girl after all, what could possibly go wrong?

Riiiight. Let's see how this one goes over. Also this story is very interesting if I might add. You have a writing style I haven't seen before which definitely adds to the mood of the story. I'm very much looking forward to it.
>> No. 20035
File 126863366226.png - (80.59KB , 480x640 , like_a_boss_by_MiniMask.png ) [iqdb]
20035
[x] Hide in the most reasonably dark area of the room and wait for her to open the door. Grab her from behind and proceed to questioning. It's just one meek sounding girl after all, what could possibly go wrong?

>Nothing, meek girls react to movement. She wont see you if you don't move.
>Escape? Window, like a boss.
lol'd
>> No. 20036
[zx] Nothing, meek girls react to movement. She wont see you if you don't move.
>> No. 20038
[x] Play dead. You're tired, you should be able to pull it off.

Damn it, Tewi.
>> No. 20039
[X] Nothing, meek girls react to movement. She wont see you if you don't move.

Just like the T-Rex.
>> No. 20043
[x] Nothing, meek girls react to movement. She wont see you if you don't move.

What's the worst that could happen?
>> No. 20050
[x] Hide in the most reasonably dark area of the room and wait for her to open the door. Grab her from behind and proceed to questioning. It's just one meek sounding girl after all, what could possibly go wrong?

Will the person who left a bottle of turpentine on my nightstand with the label 'drink me' please come to the receptionist's desk for special assignment.

I have half a mind to force her to drink her own kool-aid.
>> No. 20054
I don't think it was exactly Reisen or Eirin that left that there.
>> No. 20070
[x] Hide in the most reasonably dark area of the room and wait for her to open the door. Grab her from behind and proceed to questioning. It's just one meek sounding girl after all, what could possibly go wrong?

T-Rex option would probably end up in either an awkward situation. Presuming the meek girl is Reisen and that Reisen isn't a T-Rex, this wouldn't be a bad thing. And if the girl is the one who poisoned us, and we're just standing there. Alive. We could be looking at a bad end. Assuming our assailant isn't a T-Rex either.

Playing dead could be the best choice, but this is much more badass. Especially if the girl is indeed a T-Rex.
>> No. 20075
File 126888795358.jpg - (112.00KB , 750x750 , 78ce0ba0f84a420191c9a9170f43b5a7.jpg ) [iqdb]
20075
>>20034
Thank you very much!

At first I was a little disappointed that no one at all wanted to go for the chair end; but I like this write in more than chair end.

Anyway, writing update!
>> No. 20078
>>20075
I'm just hoping the choice doesn't result in burning any bridges.
>> No. 20079
>>20075
Your welcome! And thank you again as well!
>> No. 20082
>>20079
>My your should be you're.
Shit, I can't believe I just used the wrong context for that again.
>> No. 20103
File 126906189654.jpg - (260.56KB , 650x813 , 54b47c4d7e6ffc12e99820e44edca481.jpg ) [iqdb]
20103
Yayyyy. Wednesday, Tuesday happy days!

[x] Hide in the most reasonably dark area of the room and wait for her to open the door. Grab her from behind and proceed to questioning. It's just one meek sounding girl after all, what could possibly go wrong?

====

Ok. Calm yourself.

No need to be so violent. But you can't afford to be careless.

This is your chance to get some answers.

You aren't about to waste it.

How do do it?

She wouldn't be able to answer anything if you strangled her.

And going about interrogating her with a chair wouldn't work either.

The screaming would be too loud.

Wait, why would you even think of that?

You aren't that horrible of a person. You wouldn't do that to a young gir-

Ow.

...your head hurts.

.....

This girl might not have even been the one to poison you.

However, it's pretty likely she may know something even if she wasn't the one.

Better think fast, you don't have much time now.

She doesn't sound dangerous. And actually you feel pretty calm.

Maybe you should just relax.

Why? Didn't someone try to kill you a little while ago?

Was this person sent to make sure you were dead? You can't just relax. You were paranoid before, and now when a stranger is about to come in, after your life was attacked. You're calm and collected.
Doesn't add up.

...

The poison might not have taken full effect yet, so it might be that you aren't quite out of the water.

You really hope that isn't the case. With your luck, it's more than likely.

Yet you feel completely calm. Is it something she's doing? Or an effect of the poison?

This poison, there has to be an antidote. Maybe you could force it out of her.

You might need to; however this girl could be quite dangerous, despite how she sounds.

And even if she isn't. You've had an odd feeling ever since you woke up here. A strong feeling, but it's slightly familiar.

And you have a feeling someone or something here is causing it.

Stay focused now.

She's getting closer, you have a better understanding of how strong she is. You can feel it in the air.

Which turns out not to be too helpful. The energy in the air is completely erradic around her. What the hell is this girl?

Still this girl couldn't be the one giving you goosebumps, the aura you feel on this one is still much less compared to whatever is causing that.

Which still means this one is possibly quite strong. For a little meek girl, you have little clue what she's capable of.

You'll need to be careful with your actions. You shouldn't underestimate your oponent.

And if the girl really is just some meek little girl?

You can't have her screaming.

You'll think about that later.


Stay focused now.

She's coming in now, you need more time to think this over.

Crawling over to a dark area of the room, you notice the girl is saying something. Right now, you can't make out whatever she's trying to say. She's quiet.

She shouldn't be able to see you in the dark. But you'll need to be silent. Completely silent.

You can't have her yelling out, or knowing you're in here. There are lights coming inside through the door, her eyes might not be adjusted to the darkness. Yet.

You should be able to use that towards your advantage.

The door is creaking open slowly, is she reluctant to come in?

She's speaking so softly. You can still barely hear her, even from here.

"...why do I have to check up on this man." She sighs. "His wounds weren't that serious, why was he out for so long?"

She's walking in now. Careful now. You can see her a little bit, even in the dark. Bunny ears? Far different from Tewi's, wonder if they're just as sof-

"Except for those burns and the scar on his face. Neither of those are new though." she sighs "Why would Tewi bring a person who looks like 'that' here?"

You should take offense to that.

And you know about the burns. But 'scar on his face'? What is she talking about?

God damn it, is there anything you do know about?

"I can't see a thing in here..."

Oh shi-

"Oh well, I wouldn't want to disturb his sleep. And this should only take a se-"

Close call.

She stops when she sees the mess you made on the floor.

Oh. Oh right.

She lets out a gasp and you can see the outline of her arm going up to her mouth. Surprised huh?

"W-what the hell is this?" she actually does sound surprised. Didn't expect my body not to be there with it? "What the hell happened!"

She runs over to the bed, which you almost wish you were in.


"...Eirin isn't going to like this. Not one bit." Eirin? Is she the one who slipped you that dreadful stuff? Any how this girl sounds pretty worried.
"What do I-" She turns, observing the room. Her eyes pass by you without noticing a thing.

Shit, your clothes. She noticed that you had moved them.

She stands completely still for a few moments and then speaks up.

"I know you're in here, so show yourself." she says sternly. Strange how she can change her attitude within only a few minutes.

Now she's aware you're in here with her. This is bad.

"Show yourself now."

Her eyes, they're red. Glowing red eyes. Frightening.

There's something strange about those eyes, more so then having a peculiar color.

And those ears; if she's actually a bunny, she's probably quick on her feet and has excellent hearing.

That sounds ridiculous. But you feel underestimating the little rabbit might get you killed.

Wouldn't be the craziest thing to happen.


You'll need to be careful. You can't expect to just run up to her without her noticing.

You'll need to take it slow.

You might have to drop the whole interrogation, might have a better chance sneaking over to the window for an escape.

No. No more running.

Answers first.

Wait for her to drop her guard. Then you'll strike.

...

*Crash!*

Huh? What was that?

It certainly took the rabbit girl by surprise.

She's distracted.


This is your chance.

To make your move.

You lurk around the room shrouded in darkness. She doesn't notice anything under the thin sheets of black.

As you get closer. You can tell she's shivering. Cold? Maybe. Afraid? More likely.

Anyway, you're about in position to restrain her.

She has pretty long hair. You aren't horrible enough to use that against her.

You're so close to her. She hasn't noticed a thing.

You can hear her breathing.

Ah. She smells nice~


...stay on task.

You can't just grab her. She might scream.

Cover her mouth first, then proceed to restrain her hands behind her back.

Sounds like a plan.

Let's go.

...

NOW

"Eh? Wha-MMMMMPHHPH!?!?" She's being awfully noisy, you wish you could have seen the look on her face.

The horror in her eyes.

She's crying a little bit. Poor girl.

The tables have turned.

You heard Rabbits sometime suffer from heart attacks from just being surprised. Their hearts already run at such a high pace, any more would be certain death.

You go boo, and then It just goes out.

"...shhhh. Calm yourself." you whisper to her "I only want some answers."

She seems to understand. She's beginning to quiet down.

She doesn't put up much of a fight. Why?

This doesn't make any sense. She knows something, has something planned.

She might be faking it. To get you to drop your guard.

Yet you feel even more calm. You can't get careless now.

Well, where to start.

How about here.

"Listen, when I take my hand off from your mouth, I want you to answer some questions." you tell her. "If you would be so kind."

She nods.

Good. Now then.

[] "Where-"
-[] "-am I?"
-[] "-is Tewi?"
-[] "-are my bow and knife?"

[] "What is your name?"
-[] Give her your name afterwords.

[] "What was in that tea cup exactly?"
-[] "Is there an antidote?"
-[] "Why did you do it? If not you, then who?"

[] "Who-"
-[] "-are you?"
-[] "-is Eirin?"
-[] "-are all you people?"

[] "How-"
-[] "-long was I out?"
-[] "-are you this fine evening?"
-[] "-is a raven like a typewriter?"

[] "Why-"
-[] "-did you people save me?"
-[] "-did you allow me to capture you so easily?"

[] Custom?
>> No. 20108
...why did we vote for this?
>> No. 20109
>>20108
Because Anon's prone to being retards. I tried to convince folks otherwise but no they wouldn't listen to me. But with this vote, they inflicted a terrible little bit of derp on an otherwise nice story. Wasn't it enough that /eientei/ anon inflicted one major clusterfuck already (DoLF1)?

[x] Exchange names, just to make answering questions easier.
[x] "Where am I?"
[x] "Just what the hell was in that cup? And is there an antidote for it, since I'm pretty damn sure it's poison. And who the hell would do such a thing?"
[x] "Who are all you people and how are you connected to Tewi?"
[x] "How long since I was out?"
[x] Apologize since by now you'd have calmmed down and realized that Rabbit isn't at fault.
[x] "Why did Tewi and that girl help me?"

Here's my shot at cleaning up the mess.
>> No. 20110
>>20109
Sorry, I was the one who made that. I didn't think that anyone would vote for it so I just threw it out there. Now I'll try to fix that.

[x] Exchange names, just to make answering questions easier.
[x] "Where am I?"
[x] "Just what the hell was in that cup? And is there an antidote for it, since I'm pretty damn sure it's poison. And who the hell would do such a thing?"
[x] "Who are all you people and how are you connected to Tewi?"
[x] "How long since I was out?"
[x] Apologize since by now you'd have calmmed down and realized that Rabbit isn't at fault.
[x] "Why did Tewi and that girl help me?"
>> No. 20111
>>20110
You should feel bad for that. You should know better since Anon has a very bad habit of taking absurd and stupid votes and running with them as if they were Leeroy Jenkins, more so if the words "What can go wrong" are involved. It is such habits that cause both writer and intelligent anon (yeah it's a damn near oxymoron) frustration and grief.

Even some writers made the mistake of having options they think no one will choose. Big mistake, since it seems Anon will vote it if not completely bandwagon it most of the time.

I apologize if I went overboard, but I've seen such 'joke votes' wreak too much havoc because of anon's tendencies.

You at least have the good sense to realize what you did and try to atone for it. Those are commendable aspects to have.
>> No. 20112
>>20111
Thank you. Also, it's okay to go overboard with me, as I try to think of things from other peoples viewpoints. Well... most of the time. I'll be more serious with my votes from now on.
>> No. 20114
>She doesn't put up much of a fight. Why? This doesn't make any sense. She knows something, has something planned.
Akbar.jpg

[x] You have a sixth sense for power and danger, don't you feel like she could easily tear you apart if she wanted to?
-[x] Let her go and...
--[x] Apologize
--[x] Ask about the poison
--[x] Ask about your current location, its inhabitants and their relation with Tewi (Why did she help you anyway?)
--[x] Ask if you're free to go... and reaction accordingly.

My lame attempt to a rollback.
>> No. 20115
Guy suddenly passes out from pain while being led somewhere, wakes up to a cup of poison, and you people want him to smile and say hi when someone he's never met walks in? This was the smart thing to do. Do you want another hapless, impotent protagonist like Shirou, or what?

[x] "What was in that tea cup exactly? Is there an antidote?"
[x] "Where am I?"
[x] "Who are all you people?"
[x] "How long was I out?"
[x] "Why did you people save me?"
[x] "Why did you allow me to capture you so easily?"
If it isn't clear by now:
-[x] "Why did you poison me? If not you, then who?"

Covers the most important points. "What is your name" is redundant with "Who are all you people". Finding Tewi isn't a priority, we need information first. If they mean us harm then we can forget about our weapons, and if they don't then it isn't urgent.


>>20109
>>20110
>since by now you'd have calmmed down and realized that
Hell, why don't we just skip all the questions since everyone knows Eirin's a doctor and Reisen's a good girl and the poison was just a harmless Tewi prank.
>> No. 20116
[x] "What was in that tea cup exactly? Is there an antidote?"
[x] "Where am I?"
[x] "Who are all you people?"
[x] "How long was I out?"
[x] "Why did you people save me?"
[x] "Why did you allow me to capture you so easily?"
If it isn't clear by now:
-[x] "Why did you poison me? If not you, then who?"
>> No. 20117
>>20115

Right...

I'm just gonna go and try to fix this mess instead of digging ourselves in deeper.

[x] Exchange names, just to make answering questions easier.
[x] "Where am I?"
[x] "Just what the hell was in that cup? And is there an antidote for it, since I'm pretty damn sure it's poison. And who the hell would do such a thing?"
[x] "Who are all you people and how are you connected to Tewi?"
[x] "How long since I was out?"
[x] Apologize since by now you'd have calmmed down and realized that Rabbit isn't at fault.
[x] "Why did Tewi and that girl help me?"
>> No. 20119
>>20115
Yet thinking everyone's out to get you isn't the main theme of this story. That'll make more enemies than necessary and perhaps derail the story. But I'm sure some folks would LOVE that.

So what is it going to be, writer? Normal Gensokyo story or "Everyone's out to get us" type story? I think we would all like to find out what exactly before we do anything we'd regret. I personally think the latter route would terrible detrail the story and detract from the nice Mokou's dad subplot.

And remember the guy who made the winning write in (>>20034) admits it was a JOKE that Anon in its grand tradition, took seriously.

>Hell, why don't we just skip all the questions since everyone knows Eirin's a doctor and Reisen's a good girl and the poison was just a harmless Tewi prank.

There's nothing implying they're not. And it would be terrible form for Eirin to do experiments on humans. I doubt Mokou would bother taking people there otherwise. I was just predicting the flow of things and that by that point in questioning he would have calmed down enough to realize he overreacted.
>> No. 20120
>>20119
This is wiseman, isn't it? Goddammit.

>thinking everyone's out to get you isn't the main theme of this story
Guy suddenly passes out from pain while being led somewhere, wakes up to a cup of poison. Also, the person leading him insisted that monsters are real. This is an acceptable situation in which to be extremely cautious. That doesn't mean the ENTIRE STORY is going to be like this.

>I think we would all like to find out what exactly before we do anything we'd regret.
You'd request being suspicious of her and questioning her? Is there an implied "snap her neck" I'm missing or what?

>the guy who made the winning write in (>>20034) admits it was a JOKE
The t-rex thing was a joke. That write-in was reasonable. Think about this from the protagonist's point of view and stop metaknowledging.
>> No. 20121
[x] Exchange names, just to make answering questions easier.
[x] "Where am I?"
[x] "Just what the hell was in that cup? And is there an antidote for it, since I'm pretty damn sure it's poison. And who the hell would do such a thing?"
[x] "Who are all you people and how are you connected to Tewi?"
[x] "How long since I was out?"
[x] Apologize since by now you'd have calmmed down and realized that Rabbit isn't at fault.
[x] "Why did Tewi and that girl help me?"
>> No. 20122
>>20120
He admits the whole vote was a joke. See >>20110 , where he admits he wasn't serious with it. Perhaps it might not have been a full blown joke, but he most certainly did not expect anyone to take it seriously.
>> No. 20125
I wonder if the author will have our guy apologize even if it isn't clear by then that he can trust her.

>>20122
Can you tone down your autism for a second and try to understand: his joke vote was actually a good vote. I explained why, twice. Think.
>> No. 20127
>>20125
He didn't intend for it to be a good vote, the fact you think it's good is a terrible sign. A sing of being prototypical stupid anon that drives good writers away from the site.And it's a very telling sign when the guy that made it realizes it was a bad idea.

And I do think things will clear up without too much damage, barring any other 'less than serious' or 'brilliant' votes.

And not everything is out to get us, though while ASSM in /sdm/ was running, they could have really used someone as suspicious of touhous.
>> No. 20130
File 126917428096.jpg - (156.95KB , 918x809 , 1264352245392.jpg ) [iqdb]
20130
>>20127
Fuck you and your signs. You still haven't thought about this for yourself.

He said it was a joke vote, therefore it MUST be bad. The story is supposed to be lighthearted (even after that dream?), therefore any vote that involves not being nice to a touhou MUST be ruining the story with grimdark. It's so easy to figure everything out when you don't care if you're wrong or not, right?
>> No. 20131
>>20130

Ahahah what?
>> No. 20132
File 126917803041.jpg - (541.89KB , 1063x1514 , 1268928770015.jpg ) [iqdb]
20132
WHY IS EVERYONE SO MAD?
Seriously guys, calm down.

Let's take stock of the situation:
1. We passed out and had a rather interesting flashback.
2. We woke up in a unfamiliar place and in our delirium we may have done something bad. Note that we don't know if it's poison or strong medicine. Some worry is warranted but then again we did get a change of clothes.
3. It wasn't mentioned that the door was locked or that we were restrained. So we probably aren't a prisoner. Plus the person who we're restraining knocked politely.
4. We haven't killed anyone yet.
5. We have restrained a person who knows more about our situation then us. It also seems that we're not considered a threat.

All in all we haven't done that badly in terms of keeping our head on the right way.
There are two potentially bad things that could happen:
1. Drop dead from poison.
2. Get hurt by meek girl.

The first one probably won't happen yet due to all the nice things that we've been given.
The second one is much more likely but given the write in and the concern of the girl towards our actions may lead to her being fairly understanding due to our circumstances.

So remember people, nice and calm.

Now let's vote shall we?
[x] Exchange names, just to make answering questions easier.
[x] "Where am I?"
[x] "Just what the hell was in that cup? And is there an antidote for it, since I'm pretty damn sure it's poison. And who the hell would do such a thing?"
[x] "Who are all you people and how are you connected to Tewi?"
[x] "How long since I was out?"
[x] Apologize since by now you'd have calmmed down and realized that Rabbit isn't at fault.
[x] "Why did Tewi and that girl help me?"
>> No. 20158
File 126939089965.jpg - (173.64KB , 654x709 , 1268433434511.jpg ) [iqdb]
20158
Not dead yet, nor scared away. I do believe I caused quite the shitstorm. I apologize sincerely for making you all mad or frustrated. Personally I think I could have written that last update much better.

>>20109
I thought it was pretty sensible. I mean, as a Anon later put here, >>20132 This guy has been through a lot, he has a right not to be so trusting. I felt like an ass for making that drink be poisoned or so he thinks However I did have a reason for that.

>>20110
Hey man, it isn't your fault. It's really mine. I twisted your write-in to make it more cruel when I wrote it out, I'll be better about that in the future. And I really did like the write-in too, I thought it was pretty serious and really sensible considering what our protagonist had just gone through. It's just that I'm just an asshole really.

>>20119
I can promise I'm not trying to get everyone to hate us, and at the moment no one does. And normal Gensokyo sounded like it's been done many times before, I thought this could be something different, and thought it'd be kind of interesting to write. well, that's what I had assumed, and I am enjoying writing this. However I'm not writing this for me, I'm writing it for you guys, and I want to make you guys happy. And And I can assure you that all of Eientei won't hate us because of that last vote or even Reisen for that matter . So don't worry so much about it man. I'll try to make the story a bit less grimdark, and I wasn't planning on having it be like that all the time. I believe in balance.

Writing the update. And I hope it'll be to your liking everyone.
>> No. 20159
File 126939205795.png - (463.61KB , 1024x768 , EIEN.png ) [iqdb]
20159
>>20158
Thank you. Your view of Gensokyo is quite interesting and I do not believe you really need to change it. Plus now that I know Reisen will not hate us for that write in I'm a little happier I wrote it. Things should still be patched up anyway though. No more arguing over this.
>> No. 20162
>>20158
my problem wasn't your direction, just people assuming certain things, though I'm guilty of that as well. Being clear on what kind of world helps prevent fiasco like ASSM's, where Anon reacted in unexpected ways due to poor information.
>> No. 20191
File 126969649273.jpg - (170.72KB , 500x500 , dabbe0b0b7c62a36769744eff5b8597e.jpg ) [iqdb]
20191
Little late. I really need to work on getting these done sooner. Anyways.

[x] Exchange names, just to make answering questions easier.
[x] "Where am I?"
[x] "Just what the hell was in that cup? And is there an antidote for it, since I'm pretty damn sure it's poison. And who the hell would do such a thing?"
[x] "Who are all you people and how are you connected to Tewi?"
[x] "How long since I was out?"
[x] Apologize since by now you'd have calmed down and realized that Rabbit isn't at fault.
[x] "Why did Tewi and that girl help me?"


====

You don't want her to be afraid of you, and you don't want to hurt her either.

Unless it really comes down to it. And you'd like for it not to.

This is all a means of you staying alive. Nothing personal.

You do feel bad for doing this. Poor girl.

You couldn't have taken the chance that this girl could have been your assailant. She seems innocent, but you can never be too sure.

You'll try to make it easy on her.

You were poisoned. Seemingly disguised as something so innocent as tea. It may not have been strong, but such a reaction to such a little amount.

Maybe there's an explanation.

And maybe you'll just drop dead any moment now.

Your weapons were taken from you. But, the door wasn't locked, the windows weren't sealed. If they didn't want you to escape, they wouldn't have left them unchecked.

They mended your clothing. They saved you from freezing to death. And then they try to do away with you with poison?

Why? What would they accomplish? A simple joke? No way, you won't accept that.

You still want answers. And you know how to get them.

But you don't need to be too aggressive with this girl.

You aren't a monster. Not yet anyway.

How should you go about letting her know you don't mean her harm?

You've done a pretty poor job so far.

Name? Exchanging names might help the both of you.

"I'm Kuramochi Miko." you tell her the first thing that came to your mind, with the most gentle voice you can muster. "Who are you?"

You slowly take your hand away from her mouth so she's able to answer you.

You still have her hands restrained behind her. She isn't struggling at all, so you might not have had to.

She clears her throat "...R-Reisen, Reisen Udongein Inaba." she says meekly.

Maybe she really is just a little meek girl.

"Ok Reisen, where am I?" you ask the bunny girl.

It's kind of hard to talk to someone when you're facing their back.

"E-Eientei. Tewi brought you here." she says. "She said you passed out. Or something like that. Uh, can you let go of me now?"

"I'm afraid not Miss Inaba. Please bare with me."

In response she sighs.

Eientei? That was where Tewi was bringing you.

So she's a friend of Tewi?

Well, it's likely she's telling the truth then.

But wait, if you passed out. How did you wind up here?

Tewi seems too small to be able to even drag you here.

Super bunny? Nah. Muscle bunny? No, god no.

Then who?

That might be a better question for another time.

"Can I ask a question?" she speaks up.

You don't see why not.

"Shoot."

"How did you sneak behind me so easily? It was like you weren't even there."

"Is it really that surprising?"

"No one has ever escaped my gaze." she says completely void of any emotion.

Ok, maybe she isn't some meek girl. That was actually pretty damn creepy.

Then returns to her normal tone "I guess I just have the worst luck." she sighs.

"Well then I guess we have something in common." you say.

"I guess...what was that on the ground?" she asks softly, she's trembling. "It looked like..."

"Don't worry. It isn't." you say. "At least, I hope it isn't."

That reminds you.

"That cup..."

"Just what the hell was in that cup? And is there an antidote for it, since I'm pretty damn sure it's poison. And who the hell would do such a thing?" you start raising your voice at her, not that you mean to.

"Eh? Cup? Poison? Antidote?" she blurts out.

You turn to the table where you placed the cup, you still have spare vials of the stuff. Just in case.

She speaks up "Poison? That was just tea that Eirin put a little medicine in." she says. "I brought it over only a little while ago, so I don't think anyone could have done anything to it."

She doesn't sound like she's lying.

But you still aren't buying it.

"Medicine? That's some medicine then." you tell her. "I would've gotten a bucket, but I was a little stirred up."

"So that was you?" She asks. "Are you alright?" She sounds worried, for what reason?

"I'm not sure, am I?" you ask further, "Is there an antidote?"

"Antidote?" she says confused. "But it isn't poison."

Yeah, right.

"Well then your medicine has one hell of a side effect." you tell her.

"But Eirin's medicines has no side effects." she adds. "Unless she gave you medicine meant for Youkai, that would leave side effects on a human. But I don't think she'd mix them up, she's usually good about that."

"Youkai? Do you really expect me to believe that?"


Why would monsters need medicine anyway? ...maybe that's a dumb question.

Tewi also said something about Youkai before.

This is insane. Girls with bunny ears, and ones that can create a flame from nowhere?

The former sounds more like some weird fetish, the other sounds more like a magic trick.

But they both sounded so serious. And this lady seems pretty normal, besides the eyes and the ears.

Maybe they were telling the truth.

And maybe you're finally going insane.

Reisen speaks up "You aren't an outsider are you? Tewi said you were kind of weird"

"Oh, I'm the weird one." you say sarcastically "And what does it matter anyway?"

"Tewi says she found you near an abandoned village." she continues "She said you were stalking her and used self defense."

More like she cheated. And what's this about an abandoned village?

"I wasn't stalking her." you tell her "And why did Tewi and that girl help me?"

"That girl?" the girl says confused.

"Mokou."

"Oh! Mokou leads people here all the time. Both her and Tewi help out people who are lost from time to time." Reisen says "Tewi never told me Mokou brought you here."

"Well she was going to guide me here, but she left suddenly." you say " So who are all you people anyway and how are you connected to Tewi?"

"Hm? Tewi's a rabbit youkai, just like me. And Eirin's my employer. And we all live here happily ever after in Eientei." she says, however she doesn't sound very happy.


You feel like there should be one more. Oh well.

So Eirin's the one in charge around here. And she's the one who gave you the 'medicine'.

It seems like this Reisen girl doesn't know much more than that. Just like Tewi, she believes she's a rabbit and that monsters are real. Are they lunatics or under some sort of brainwashing?

It looks like this Eirin's the one you'll need to find to get more answers. And while you're at it, maybe you should quite literally give her a taste of her own medicine.

Reisen said the medicine would leave side effects on humans, since it's for 'youkai'.

She also said she's a youkai. In theory, If she's telling the truth, and it isn't poison, nothing would happen if she drank whatever is still left of the stuff.

No, you aren't that horrible.

This rabbit isn't at fault, it seems like she's just caught up in the middle of things.

Poor girl.

"How long was I out?" you ask her

"Only a couple days."

"That's a long time to be asleep." you mutter to no one in particular.

"I was surprised too. Your injuries were pretty minor."

"So I've heard." you say

...

"Sorry about having to do all that."

"I'm sort of used to it. Besides, I can understand you being paranoid." she replies "And are you really feeling alright? I could get Eirin to examine you if you still feel uneasy."

You feel like that could be a bad idea.

"Maybe you should get some sleep first." she suggests "But first please let go of me..."

That could be an even worse idea.

This girl is still pretty scary, gives a bad vibe. Letting her go might be like opening the lion's cage.

You could knock her out and hide her somewhere. That sounds mean, maybe you should be a little more trusting.

You'd also like to know if you were poisoned or not. You aren't believing her explanation, you might want to test your theory to make sure you won't die in your sleep.

[] Just let go of her and go to sleep, she's probably tired too...
-[] Apologize again and then thank her.
-[] Suggest sleeping together.
-[] Goodnight, kiss?

[] Let go of her but be wary, be very careful.
-[] Counterattack if necessary.
-[] Escape if needed.

[] Maybe you should test out your theory.

[] Try to knock her out.

[] Continue the interrogation.
-[] "Is there anyone else living here?"
-[] "Who exactly is Eirin?"
-[] "Ask her more about Eirin's medicines."
-[] "_______?"

-[] Before bed. Clean up your mess, even though you really don't want to.
>> No. 20192
>"How did you sneak behind me so easily? It was like you weren't even there."

Lunarian ninja? What?!

[X] Let go of her but be wary, be very careful.
-[X] Counterattack if necessary.
[X] Continue the interrogation.
-[X] "Who exactly is Eirin?
-[X] "Ask her more about Eirin's medicines."
-[X] "Is there anyone else living here?"
[X] Apologize again and then thank her.
[X] Before bed. Clean up your mess, even though you really don't want to
>> No. 20193
[x] Let go of her but be wary, be very careful.
-[x] Counterattack if necessary.
--[x] Let her go.
[x] Clean up mess, put pillows in bed and hightail the fuck out of there.
>> No. 20194
[X] Let go of her but be wary, be very careful.
-[X] Counterattack if necessary.
-[x] "No offense, but I can't be too careful"
[X] Ask her some questions.
-[X] "Who exactly is Eirin?
-[X] "Ask her more about Eirin's medicines."
-[X] "Is there anyone else living here?"
[X] Before bed. Clean up your mess, even though you really don't want to
>> No. 20195
[X] Let go of her but be wary, be very careful.
-[X] Counterattack if necessary.
-[x] "No offense, but I can't be too careful"
[X] Ask her some questions.
-[X] "Who exactly is Eirin?
-[X] "Ask her more about Eirin's medicines."
-[X] "Is there anyone else living here?"
[X] Before bed. Clean up your mess, even though you really don't want to
>> No. 20204
Wr RYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Writing!
>> No. 20205
File 12699126161.png - (14.41KB , 800x600 , 3855ce5b1c7d6ba21ab684aacb4ee45b.png ) [iqdb]
20205
>>20204

Forgot something.
>> No. 20208
>>20204

hooray!
>> No. 20284
File 127063244356.jpg - (171.11KB , 1024x1240 , 5d84f021d2c8ee44d1eb485a6dbae40d.jpg ) [iqdb]
20284
At first, I was going to give you an April fools end. But I thought that would be mean.

Anywho.

[X] Let go of her but be wary, be very careful.
-[X] Counterattack if necessary.
-[x] "No offense, but I can't be too careful"
[X] Ask her some questions.
-[X] "Who exactly is Eirin?
-[X] "Ask her more about Eirin's medicines."
-[X] "Is there anyone else living here?"
[X] Before bed. Clean up your mess, even though you really don't want to



====

Testing your theory, although tempting. Wouldn't be very fair to this crazy little rabbit.

She might be scary on the inside. But it seems like she's really a meek girl on the outside.

Wait that's a bad thing. And a truly deadly combination.

You might have been just a little shook up. Or maybe it was as Reisen said, an accident.

And if it wasn't?

Sometimes you'll have to take risks. You'll know soon enough if she was telling the truth or not.

You should just take it easy, it may very well be a misunderstanding.

Until you make it something more than a simple misunderstanding.

However, it's likely you're already there.

Nonetheless, you can always make it worse.

You know that for a fact.

...

Reisen turns her head "Um, can you please let go of m-me now?" she asks sounding a bit flustered, or maybe frightened.

She sounds so innocent. You should let her go. But you need to still be careful, she could still be dangerous.

Like a cute squirrel that you want to just go up to and say hello and then, rabies, everywhere.

She might be trying to fool you, just like the squirrel.

Risks have to be taken. There is such thing as being overly paranoid after all.

You slowly let go of Reisen. Step back, then assume a defensive stance.

She turns to you, "What's that for?"

It's much easier to talk this way anyway. Even though she was surprisingly calm before.

You chuckle "No offense, but I can't be too careful."

She sighs "Is there anything else you'd like to know? And don't worry, there aren't any monsters under the bed."

Note to self, check underneath the bed.

"I do have a few more questions, if that's alright."

She laughs "Shoot."

This Eirin, you'd like to know more about her.

"Who exactly is Eirin?" you ask Reisen.

"She's a doctor, and my teacher." she says "And I can assure you she isn't trying to kill you."

Teacher huh? You aren't sure about the killing you part.

Then again, assumptions are baaaaaaad.

"And what about her medicine?"

"She makes the strongest medicine in Gensokyo, so people from all over come here. The medicines meant for humans have no side effects on humans as I said before.." then she continues with her voice hushed "Though some have consequences."

She says that as if she had rehearsed it, maybe she really IS used to this, and what's this of consequences? What exactly does she mean by that? For some reason you think you'd be better off not asking.

"And she doesn't make poisons?" you ask. Even though you're pretty sure you know what she'll say.

But instead, she just stays silent.

You don't like that. Not one bit.

Well she's at least she's being honest, maybe.

"You really don't trust Eirin, why?" she asks.

"I'm not sure I trust any of you."

"You trusted me enough to let me go." she says. Smiling, you can still tell in this darkness. It's not that you can see it, you can feel it.

Trust this, trust that. You'd like to show she your trust alright.

And It's strange. Reisen's voice projects itself in weird ways, it's hard to explain. Just then it sounded as if she was whispering in your ear, when really she's not nearly that close. Kind of creepy. No, actually. That's really creepy.

Still, wish you could do that.

You still can't see much in the dark, but it looks like she's wearing what seems to be a black business suit, or some dark color, you say black because you can barely see it at all, though it could just be that she's a ninja. She's wearing that along with a short skirt and a red tie. You suppose that isn't too strange, in fact that's pretty normal, well it would if it weren't so sodding late.

Well except for her ears, they look a bit crooked and fake unlike Tewi's. Not that you expected them to be real or anything, or that Tewi's ears are real. Also Reisen's hair is a strange color, a light purple. Lavender maybe? Still hard to make out.

"Is there something wrong?" she asks, your eyes lock for a few moments before she immediately looks away. Why is she avoiding eye contact?

Liars avoid eye contact.

Maybe it's those crazy red eyes. Something is wrong with those eyes.

Something really wrong.

God, what a headache. Your vision's blurring a bit again.

You'll need something for this, maybe you should ask.

"Hey Reisen do yo-"

Wait.

What....what is this?!

"Hm?"

...the walls are bleeding now, the hell's happening?

That isn't right, it shouldn't be happening.

This is...different than before, before you couldn't make out anything. Now, even in the dark, you can make out everything perfectly.

But what are you seeing exactly?

And do you want to see it?


There's a bleeding man standing across from you. Staring you straight in the eyes, a piercing gaze. He's pointing right are you.

That man.

No.

No, everything is wrong.

What is he doing here. He's dead. He's dead. He's dead.

There's no way. He's dead.

People die when they are killed.

So why is he still here?

God dammit, you can't move. Everything is frozen.

Why the fuck does these things keep happening to you? It's just one thing after another.

This is impossible.

This isn't happening.

What have you done to deserve this?!

It wasn't your fault!

"A-e y-u a-ri-ht?"

You couldn't have done anything!

You were young, what could you have done?!

You didn't know what to do, you tried! You tried to get help, it isn't your fault!

Why is this happening? What does he want?!

Why is it coming closer? Get away. Get away. GET AWAY. GET AWAY.

"GET BACK!" you shout "DON'T COME ANY CLOSER."

Voices, crying, screaming, laughing, whispering. Getting louder and louder.

Make it stop.

"M-ko a-e yo- -k?!"

The screams and the cries, you can't take anymore. Someone make it stop.

"Sn-p out o- i-!"

Please make it stop.

Make it stop.

"Snap out of it!" the voices subside, and one remains.

Reisen.

She's close now. Too close. Shaking you awake.

It seems you're on the ground now. Must have lost your balance.

"Are you alright?!" she asks. Worried.

What was that anyway? The voices are gone, and the room is back to normal now.

Maybe you should ask if she has something for psychosis.

"Miko!?" she "What happened?!"

No, she knows exactly what happened. She's lying. You know she did that.

She won't fool you.

Ok now, calm down. She's close, and unsuspecting.

You can use that.

...

You...you can't move. What exactly did she do to you?

Great.

"Yeah...fine. I'm fine." you say "Just dandy."

Damn it, what did she do?!

"Are you sure? Here, wait here. I'll go get Eirin." she gets up and you try to grab her by the sleeve.

It was strainful to even move one finger, just what the hell did she do?

Pathetic.

"No. Wait, please no." you manage to force out of your throat, you're glad words came out and not something else.

You don't want to have to clean two messes. Not that your in any position to right now.

"Are you sure?"

Truth be told, you aren't sure. But you keep silent.

You try to regain your composure, which you should have learned by now. Is futile, and exhausting.

God damn.

Seeing your failure. Reisen gets closer to you, if only you could move...

She sighs. "If you really don't trust Eirin, I-I could examine you..if you would let me." she says sheepishly.

Wait, what?

What does she even mean by 'examine'?

"I just need the antidote." you tell her "Nothing more."

Although, you're starting to think you have worse problems than just being poisoned.

"You weren't poisoned." she says, "Are you seeing anything...strange?"

She knows about it then.

Plus she's still avoiding eye contact completely.

That isn't suspicious one bit.

"Strange how?"

"...never mind." she says softly "Do have any other questions?"

Besides, 'What was that just now?' 'What's with your eyes' and 'Can you please get away from me?'

...

"Just one more. Is there anyone else living here?" you ask "Besides the three of you?"

Why do you want to know that?

"Hm? Besides the other rabbits..." more huh? Guess that explains all the carrots. "Well, there's the mistress."

Mistress?

"Eirin isn't the mistress?" you ask, is she not the one in charge?

"Well, Princess Kaguya doesn't do much." she sighs "Eirin is my boss, but she is Kaguya's attendant for the most part. Though Eirin does a lot more work around here."

Kaguya...

.........

.........No.

"Are you alright?" Reisen speaks "You were spacing out."

"Huh?" you say dumbly "I'm fine. Wait, what are you doing?"

She's untying her tie for whatever reason.

"Please, trust me." she says "Keep still."

Like you could even protest.

She's tying it around your eyes. Blinding you.

"There we go." she says "Now please calm down."

'Trust me' my ass.

"Don't peek."

Why would she need to blind you? You don't like this one bit.

What exactly is the purpose of this?

"There." she ties it not too tight, but enough for it to be a bit of a pain. "Is it too tight?"

"A little." upon hearing this, she loosens it a bit. "Ok, so what was the point of that?"

"Shhh. Just relax~" she says "Don't worry."

She did that voice thing again, it still freaks you out.

No wait, she's actually whispering into your ear this time.

You can feel her breathing down your neck.

Seriously, what is she doing? And why is she doing it?

"Hold out your arm." she says quietly.

This won't end well.

"Good, now this will only take a moment."

She grabs your arm with surprising strength for a girl.

Not implying girls ar-ouch.

She just injected you with something.

Oh boy.

"What did you just give me?!" if only you could move right now, she'd regret that.

"Just, take it easy~"

You can't take it easy like this. No, definitely not.

She's getting even closer, you're beginning to feel a little claustrophobic.

Your breathing is getting faster, harder to breathe.

She has you exactly where she wants you.

And you can't do shit.

"Calm down...this will only take a moment."

No Reisen no!

...

She's way too close. Why is she doing this?

But what's this feeling? You feel relaxed now. Calm again.

Is that what she gave you before?

She's patting your head, which makes you feel kind of ridiculous. But it's soothing at the same time.

It couldn't be just that, she's doing something.

But what?

Who cares. This is actually pretty nice.

"Are you feeling better?" she asks.

Surprisingly, yes.

"I am actually." you say

She stops petting you. N-not that you were enjoying it or anything...

"Good." she says.

Was the blind fold really necessary?

"Can you move now?"

How did she know you couldn't?

"How did you kn-"

"I guessed because you weren't tearing out my throat." she says. "Or maybe you really do trust me."

You can move your feet now, toes, fingers, and your hands. You can probably get up.

"Thanks for...whatever you did." you thank her, even though you still don't know what just happened "I can get up now, so please take off the blindfold."

"Alright." she complies with your request, and backs off so you can get up. "How are you feeling?"

"Much better now. Why?"

She's smiling now but she's still a little too close for you.

Still a little creepy.

Whatever, it doesn't really matter.

You should probably clean that up over there.

"Just checking. Oh and one more thing." she says "Please forgive me."

You should probably be the one apologizing...

"Hm? Oh yeah, it's no pro-"

She cuts you off still smiling "Not that, but thank you."

"Then what?"

"This."

"Huh?"

What is she talkin-

!?

She grabs your a spot near your shoulder and before you have the chance to react, she squeezes down.

The last thing you feel is hitting the ground and being picked back up.

You should have seen that coming, but you got careless.

Are you really that light? Maybe Tewi did bring you here.

Guess cleaning's gonna have to wait.

She was fast. Really fast.

"Goodnight, Mr. Kuramochi." Reisen says, still smiling.

She lays you down on your bed, and pulls the covers over you.

"Forgive me."

...

Your eyes close and you drift off to dreamland.

....

This time, it's all white, not black like before.

Your mind is clear this time.

But it seems so lonely somehow.

I'm still here. I'll leave you alone if you wish, but if you still seek more, I will allow it.

You may just want to relax. You've been through much.

However now It seems this time someone else is here with us. How curious.



[] Rest.

[] Revenge. [b] I can't keep it from you forever.


[] Punishment. I said I would spare you. For now.

[] Revelation You wouldn't know what you'd be seeing.

[] Teaching. You may wish to seek comfort in those days. That's about all you have left.

[] Childhood. Where it all started, it'd be wise to stay clear from this for now.

But first, you have a visitor.

[] Knock Knock.
-[] Open the door.
-[] "Who is it?"
-[] Keep it shut.

Now I must leave, lest I be discovered.
>> No. 20286
[x] Teaching

[x] Knock Knock.
-[x] Keep it shut.
That's what you get for trusting people with bunny ears on their head.
>> No. 20287
[X] Childhood.
Might as well start from the beginning.

[X] Knock Knock.
-[X] "Who is it?"
--[X] Barricade the door if it's Eirin.
I want to talk to Tewi, I'm a bit ambivalent about Reisen (she didn't have to knock us out), but do not want needle time!
>> No. 20288
[x] Knock Knock.
-[x] "Who is it?"

[x] Teaching.
>> No. 20289
[x] Knock Knock.
-[x] "Who is it?"

[x] Teaching.
>> No. 20290
>>20286
She might have done that to sedate us since we were acting crazy, even before she tried her tweak.
>> No. 20291
[x] Knock Knock.
-[x] "Who is it?"

[x] Teaching.
>> No. 20317
File 127087235468.jpg - (32.55KB , 238x257 , 1263855519627.jpg ) [iqdb]
20317
Pardon me for not posting sooner. But I'm moving tomorrow, finally getting my own place! I believe hope I'll still have enough time to finish this update.
WRITEAN.
>> No. 20318
>>20317
It's probably pointless coming from me, but good luck! Don't give up if things get harsh, and try not to forget about us either!
>> No. 20321
>>20317
That picture is terrifying.
>> No. 20323
>>20321

Does it make you want to punch it?
>> No. 20350
>>20290
>She might have done that to sedate us since we were acting crazy, even before she tried her tweak.

We were acting crazy because we were seeing crazy. We were seeing crazy because she put the eye h4x on us.

Why we needed to be given a 'sedative' (presumably) and the Vulcan neck pinch, I have no idea.
>> No. 20354
>>20350
You're assuming she did that right off the bat; before she did that, I think it was the effects of Tewi's prank.
>> No. 20357
[x]Childhood
best place to start looking for answers in to start at the beginning

[x]baraciade door with everything in room
our character just got injected with something and knocked out for trusting someone. So I think his mind set would be that his extream paranoia is justified and would just hold himself up in the room
>> No. 20712
File 127251233398.png - (846.12KB , 1447x1447 , 1267300272156.png ) [iqdb]
20712
>>20317
>18 days
Oh boy.
>>20318
>Don't forget about us!
;_;

Anyway, moving sucked. However I did meet a bunch of very helpful and interesting people! And I'm updating now to show that I am not dead yet, and I'm far from giving up on an experiment that I thought wouldn't go anywhere. You guys really are the best.


I can't blame this all on moving, I also blame it on my neighbors and how we've been spending hours on hours playing Monster Hunter Tri.

Plus now I have a new stalker (Really)

Now, this isn't my private blog, so let's try this a second time. Oh, and have a less disturbing picture.

WRITAN.
>> No. 20716
>>20712
YES


Stalker? What the hell?
>> No. 20936
>>20716
It means either he has someone following him and making creepy phone calls and watching him, or he just got Call of Pripyat.
>> No. 23029
File 129358642038.png - (888.65KB , 1000x1000 , rendertouhoufujiwaranom.png ) [iqdb]
23029
NOT THE AUTHOR NOT AN UPDATE

Sorry to bring this one up, but I wanted to thank the author for the good, if short-lived story.
I hope that another writefag takes the flag: Fujiwara's family isn't a common subject, but one that I find particularly interesting.
>> No. 23041
File 129408315696.png - (417.19KB , 500x375 , 1270002037402.png ) [iqdb]
23041
Well it's been awhile. And after a long hiatus, I think I could pick this one up again.

I'll try to make shorter updates for convenience and so they're less confusing, though I don't know if you guys would still even be interested.
But I owe you guys at least this.

[x] Knock Knock.
-[x] "Who is it?"

[x] Teaching.

====

Well your drifting off to that dream again.


Though it's kinda strange that you know that this time around. Last time your were just thrown in.

...

That voice still gives you the creeps. And it's still here apparently, that's even better.


You feel like your entire body is numb, and it's your mind that's awake.

but you move forward, in this dream.

But you don't feel like your dreaming

That probably isn't good either


Goddamn what did Reisen do to you?

Damn that rabbit. You'll get her.

You shouldn't have even let her get close to you.

You're such a fool. What did teacher say about women?

Not much, since she was one after all.

Knock

Oh yeah, that.

...

5 more minutes.

Knock knock

Goddamn person is persistent, can't they see the position your in?

Actually you can't either, but you think being over analytical at this point will only get you so far.


You don't care. You've lost, just accept it.

...

Knock

The door. It's right in front of you.

But your arm can't reach it.

That's strange you guess. But it doesn't exactly matter too much in the first place.

It's not like it matters.

...

Knock knock.

You ask who it is but the knocking just gets louder

...

You call out again, but this time you realize your voice is scared, it echoes. It wasn't your voice, it was the voice of a man who's afraid.

a man who's a coward

only the echo remains


Somehow you're still moving, only slightly, only a little bit.

But you're moving forward.
That's what matters

You are a little shaken, you move a little closer with every step.

you feel shivers go down your spine.


The dream you were in is leaving, it's no longer yours.

It's turning into something else

He's following you now.

And the voices are screaming

They're crying out

He's getting closer

With every passing step.
...

There is someone behind that door.

And only you can open it


...


Teacher, what have you done to us.

You've doomed us all, did you even care?

About the people who you loved?

Why.

Did you forget?

"Forgive me"


You stop.

The door is within your grasp.

Take the chance?

==

[] Yes

[] No.

[] Open your eyes.
>> No. 23045
[x] Yes
Why not? Also, I noted a few mistakes. Try to spell check your updates, with a program if you don't have time.
>> No. 23047
[x] Yes
>> No. 23078
The door opens. Revealing a light that is neither too bright nor blinding.

The walls seemingly cave in behind you, and with it the dream around you seems to shift into a multitude of colors.

Frightening. But at the same time, curious.

The door shuts; leaving you with a headache. But at least your head is clear. For now.

Trying to keep thinking and keep 'awake' is a bit of a strain at first. But still you can see your efforts aren't fruitless.

Not that you're in much of a position to say anything. Thanks to that damned rabbit.

But your head is clear. Your mind is functioning. That's good enough for you.
But damn is it pounding.


Suddenly you are met with a strange 'gap' in the fabric of space.

Right in front of you.

Like it came from nowhere.

Just there. Looking into it. It seems like something only a madman would see.
Eyes looking out of an endless cavern,

A dark abyss.

Of all the things around you. This is the only thing that you can clearly distinguish enough to know it's there.

Or not. Either way, it seems just about the same.


...you swear, you'll kill that rabbit. And all that she's done.

You'll skin her alive, we'll see who's lucky then. Both of them. And that Eirin. She'll get hers too.

But teacher, when did I do wrong?

When did I deserve this?

When did it come to this?

You feel like the only sane man in a room of lunatics.
That shouldn't feel normal.

That shouldn't feel so comforting...

As soon as the gap was there, it left seemingly hours ago.

Some things are just like that.



"Oh, there is someone here after all." an unfamiliar voice says.
The voice sends shivers down your spine.

The voice. Different from the one that haunts you.
Different from that one that taunts you.

But why.
"Are you awake?" the voice says

You hear distorted noises that sound almost like footsteps.

It's getting closer

Why?

Don't trust them.

What did you ever do?

What they did to you.

But what does that mean?



Suddenly a pair of arms drape themselves around your shoulders.
"Facinating" the new voice says "are you just a shell or a human?"

You quiver. Not able to open your mouth.
"I'm sure there's someone who's worried about you..."

It's practically breathing down your neck.

"Just let it go..."

Enough

You break off from her embrace, roll forward and turn to face her.

"Looks like someone's home after all" it sighs "And it doesn't seem human."

You laugh.

"And what does that make you then."

Looking up at this person, she actually has long blonde hair and is dressed in a very..'interesting' purple gown.

"Oh? Is that a threat?"

She steps forward.

...perhaps an empty one.


Teacher always said to never underestimate your opponent nor overestimate their abilities, and just like with Reisen, you'll still have to be cautious.


Well here goes fucking nothing.

FLIGHT OR FIGHT

- [] Write in only.



First vote to three wins!

Sorry about the late update. But still. It ain't as late as last time.
Also hope this one is better.
>> No. 23079
Write in?

(x) Retreat
>> No. 23080
[x]Wake up

Fuck this noise. We have too many things to do to be tied up in Yukari dream shenanigans.
>> No. 23085
File 129507552950.jpg - (533.48KB , 625x750 , 8b07d35024fb775143c05efdec718b0f.jpg ) [iqdb]
23085
>>23080
Calling it tomorrow.

Night guise.
>> No. 23087
[X] Trip her with her dress!
>> No. 23088
[x]Wake up
>> No. 23089
[X] Trip her with her dress!
>> No. 23090
[x]Wake up

Is this story called "pissing off all of Gensokyo?"
>> No. 23091
[x] Give her a hug while saying "Not really. I don't even know where I am. Hmmm... soft and cuddly."
>> No. 23092
File 129533299237.jpg - (29.08KB , 564x391 , 1268124987721.jpg ) [iqdb]
23092
>>23090
A fitting title, though I hope it won't stick.


Anyway. I'm combining the votes now.....WRITAN
>> No. 23103
>>23092
lol'd at the picture.

Missed this vote... :/
>> No. 23104
>>23092
That depends on how long fellow anons insist on their antagonistic attitudes.
>> No. 23128
Don't die, damnit! New writers that don't blow are a hard find around here. Can you at least give a status update?
>> No. 23131
>>23128
Calm down. Not only is he not a new writer person, but it's only been 9 days since word was last provided.
>> No. 23137
>>23131

I don't think we've hit the point to start flipping shit and calling this story dead, but I'm a bit a paranoid, as it wouldn't be the first time something like it happened.
>> No. 23154
Sorry for not providing an update on time, power's been going out due to storms.

That said the update should be done by tomorrow.
>> No. 23155
File 12965340525.jpg - (70.09KB , 1280x1024 , 1294100462734.jpg ) [iqdb]
23155
[x] Write In. (WAKE UP)

---

BATTLE MODE

...

For a moment, the strange woman just stands there...staring at you

wondering what you'll do next.


You take this moment to reposition your defensive stance and take a step backward.

"What are you waiting for?!~" she says "Are you afraid?"

She laughs, mocking you.



The fact is that you aren't scared.

The fact that this world was so dark only a couple of moments ago was certainly frightening.

But this woman doesn't frighten you that much. Not more than that time.

That place.

Those moments...



Besides that she seems fairly normal for what you've seen so far.

If you can even call anything normal anymore

And this is your dream. Let's see what you can do.


You step forward and start into a mad dash toward this woman

"..So fast!"

...
You clench your fist and just as you close in on this woman


...and she creates a gap just as you punch, redirecting the punch back into your face

You recoil back in pain, probably wise to not try that again
It doesn't hurt as much as you thought it would, though you do feel a little light headed.

Your nose is bleeding, but that doesn't bother you too much.

You stand up and the woman steps out of one of her portals in front of you.
"Trying to punch a lady like that!!" she says “The nerve!"

She scoffs as you get back up and wipe the blood from your nose

She takes out a kerchief. Which you turn down

... "You don't really want to fight me, do you?"

Hmm...

Not exactly knowing what to do. Instead you just go up to her and hug her, "Not really. I don't even know where I am. Hmmm... soft and cuddly."

"W-what?!" the woman says, "What are you doing!?"

You remain silent, and after several complaints and a few moments of awkward silence, the woman returns the embrace. And the moment lasts for what seems like an eternity.

...

....

Another few moments and you wake up to see a dimly lit room.

The same room as before, but no Reisen.

No blonde ladies.

You get up from the bed, everything's just about the same as you left it.

The mess is gone.

Your clothes are still on your bed.

...the burn scars are still there.
Now that's fantastic.

You stretch and reach into your coat for your watch.

It's still there. And it's just about midnight

You can hear a storm raging outside.

Is escape ever an option?

You sigh, it might be worth the risk.


....this is somewhat dull.

You go up to the window and open it. There seems to be someone or something stirring in the distance.

Maybe you're just paranoid.

No one could survive out in this storm.


You sit down on your bed, and are greeted by the sound of little footsteps in the hallway...

Tewi? Or maybe somebody else.

...

Sounds like it's almost at your door.

But then it stops and you hear a loud bang and a few whimpers.

...

This house sure is alive for it being past midnight.

You aren't tired. And you certainly aren't going back to sleep.

Your knife's still gone. Though you have several vials filled with that poison..

Or whatever it was, it doesn't really matter anymore.


You don't know what to do.

You do want out of this goddamn place, that's for sure.

You put on your coat.


Whatever is going on outside your door doesn't really concern you.

The noises outside are certainly interesting.

It's a full moon so you wouldn't be completely in the dark.

What do you want to do?


[] Scavenger Hunt

[] Stealth Mission

[] Escape

[] Write in
>> No. 23156
File 129653456764.jpg - (331.40KB , 1024x1024 , 87f3dcde1109d5791fe82a00338e1239.jpg ) [iqdb]
23156
[x] Write In. (WAKE UP)

---

BATTLE MODE

...

For a moment, the strange woman just stands there...staring at you

wondering what you'll do next.


You take this moment to reposition your defensive stance and take a step backward.

"What are you waiting for?!~" she says "Are you afraid?"

She laughs, mocking you.



The fact is that you aren't scared.

The fact that this world was so dark only a couple of moments ago was certainly frightening.

But this woman doesn't frighten you that much. Not more than that time.

That place.

Those moments...



Besides that she seems fairly normal for what you've seen so far.

If you can even call anything normal anymore

And this is your dream. Let's see what you can do.


You step forward and start into a mad dash toward this woman

"..So fast!"

...
You clench your fist and just as you close in on this woman


...and she creates a gap just as you punch, redirecting the punch back into your face

You recoil back in pain, probably wise to not try that again
It doesn't hurt as much as you thought it would, though you do feel a little light headed.

Your nose is bleeding, but that doesn't bother you too much.

You stand up and the woman steps out of one of her portals in front of you.
"Trying to punch a lady like that!!" she says “The nerve!"

She scoffs as you get back up and wipe the blood from your nose

She takes out a kerchief. Which you turn down

... "You don't really want to fight me, do you?"

Hmm...

Not exactly knowing what to do. Instead you just go up to her and hug her, "Not really. I don't even know where I am. Hmmm... soft and cuddly."

"W-what?!" the woman says, "What are you doing!?"

You remain silent, and after several complaints and a few moments of awkward silence, the woman returns the embrace. And the moment lasts for what seems like an eternity.

...

....

Another few moments and you wake up to see a dimly lit room.

The same room as before, but no Reisen.

No blonde ladies.

You get up from the bed, everything's just about the same as you left it.

The mess is gone.

Your clothes are still on your bed.

...the burn scars are still there.
Now that's fantastic.

You stretch and reach into your coat for your watch.

It's still there. And it's just about midnight

You can hear a storm raging outside.

Is escape ever an option?

You sigh, it might be worth the risk.


....this is somewhat dull.

You go up to the window and open it. There seems to be someone or something stirring in the distance.

Maybe you're just paranoid.

No one could survive out in this storm.


You sit down on your bed, and are greeted by the sound of little footsteps in the hallway...

Tewi? Or maybe somebody else.

...

Sounds like it's almost at your door.

But then it stops and you hear a loud bang and a few whimpers.

...

This house sure is alive for it being past midnight.

You aren't tired. And you certainly aren't going back to sleep.

Your knife's still gone. Though you have several vials filled with that poison..

Or whatever it was, it doesn't really matter anymore.


You don't know what to do.

You do want out of this goddamn place, that's for sure.

You put on your coat.


Whatever is going on outside your door doesn't really concern you.

The noises outside are certainly interesting.

It's a full moon so you wouldn't be completely in the dark.

What do you want to do?


[] Scavenger Hunt

[] Stealth Mission

[] Escape

[] Write in
>> No. 23158
Oh yeah, sorry about the double post. It says I can't delete it, so my bad again.
>> No. 23159
[x] Stealth Mission

As much as I want to blow this joint, it isn't the right time. That storm is still raging, we still need to uncover the truth about these burn scars, and we need to go discover the identity of our would-be assassin.
>> No. 23160
[x] Stealth Mission
>> No. 23161
[x] Stealth Mission
>> No. 23162
[x] Stealth Mission

Still gotta find out who the hell tried to poisen us.
>> No. 23191
>'Remember snake, this is a stealth mission...'

Writing now!
>> No. 23231
File 129774573796.png - (706.02KB , 800x1142 , 5344417d7c16f35c3f5cd72e4ee38799.png ) [iqdb]
23231
[x] Stealth Mission


You wonder how long you were out this time.

Not that it matters too much to you. At least your dreams were somewhat pleasant this time.

They still left you with a splitting headache though. Wonder if you can find something for that...


Your eyes idly wonder the vicinity, just about the same as you fell asleep.

It's still the Eientei you woke up before. Whether or not that's a good thing, you aren't entirely sure.

There are more carrots, though you really aren't all that hungry.



Hm? What's this?

...

...somebody left flowers by your bed.

That's weird.


Are they poisonous?

They don't look poisonous.

They sure are beautiful though...there doesn't seem to be a note.

Well, that certainly put a smile on your face.

...

...

You glance out the window again

It really is a storm out there, surely no could survive out there…

You were probably just seeing things.

Either way you don’t really care at this point.

You want some answers before you blow this joint.

...

You step towards the door

There still seems to be someone outside your door, though you can only tell by the groans.

Maybe you should help, though that may not be in your best interests.

You open the door slowly

'Creeek'

...


"Huh? Is that you Reisen?" A familiar voice, Tewi?

Well that's a bit of relief.


Luckily the corridors are dark, you should be able to slip past her with ease.


...


"Kuramochi? Did I wake you?”

...shit.


....

...

Can she even see you?

"...h-hello?" she says as she lay still trembling on the ground "I know someone's there..."

...

If you were to run, it's not likely she'd be able to pursue you.

As terrible as that is.

You feel conflicted.

She helped you, it's only fair you do the same for her.

Though she's in league with Reisen...

Goddammit.

...



"Tewi? Are you alright?" you walk towards her "I heard something out here."

"Kuramochi?" she says softly "Why didn't you say something, you scared the hell out of me!"


You rub the back of your head.

"Sorry, I must still be half asleep" as you kneel down beside her "Did you trip or something?"

She nods as you help her up.

She dusts her dress off and nods, "Something like that"

....

She laughs sheepishly "Sorry if I woke you up..."


"It's fine." you tell her "I was having nightmares anyway."


"Nightmares?" Tewi sounds intrigued "About what?"

Erm...

You look her dead in the eyes "Beautiful blonde women, as far as the eye can see. It was horrible in every sense of the word."


Technically that's only half right. And it wasn't so bad.

"That doesn't sound like that bad of a dream. Nonetheless, Eirin probably has something to fix that up." Tewi giggles "Speaking of Eirin she wanted to talk to you as soon as you woke up.

Eirin? So you'll finally get to meet this mysterious 'doctor'.

Perfect.

"Is that so? Where can I find her?"

"She'd probably be in her office, I could show you if you're up to it."

"Sounds good Tewi, lead the way."

And with that she starts skipping down the dimly lit corridors, and you pursue.

It's pretty hard to see, even with your eyes finally adjusting to the darkness.

"I heard Reisen knocked you out. She said you were delirious and attacked her."

That isn't entirely false.

She cheated anyway.


"...about that."

"I thought it was pretty funny." She says "Reisen seemed pretty concerned though, she visited your room nearly everyday after that incident."

Wait, backup there.

"What?! She'd just watch me sleep?"

That's pretty suspicious.

In response Tewi shrugs, "Reisen said you were talking in your sleep. She never said what you'd talk about though..."

Talking in your sleep?

Is there something you can't remember?

...

"Speeking of sleep, how long was I out this time?"

"A few weeks. Eirin thinks it might've been from mental trauma or something." she says "I can't help but to feel I'm partly to blame. I told Eirin about the head injury you sustained, how are you feeling in that regard?"

"Good, I'm surprised my wounds weren't that bad. A few cuts but nothing too major."


"About that, Eirin said she wanted to re-examine your body. You're cool with that right?"

How will you explain the burns? 'Oh, I dunno how I got these', somehow you don't think that'll cut it


Whatever, you shouldn't have to explain yourself to her. You're thankful for her hospitality, but that's just about it.
Hmm.

"Will she make me strip down?"

"Yes sir" Tewi turns around and grins.

Oh boy.


...

A few moments pass, you find yourself lost in thought.

If that was poison, how are you still alive...

Maybe you're already dead, and this is purgatory.

How devious.

It's getting harder to see in this darkness, Tewi's getting a bit farther ahead as well.

The only thing that stands out is her white tail and her ears. , you hope you don't lose he-

...

Is it getting darker? Or is it just you?


...your head pounds and you fall to your knees

Snap out of it Kuramochi..goddammit. You wwon't go back.

You can't...not yet.

...


...Where'd Tewi go?



Oh goddammit, three separate hallways.

She could have gone any of these ways.


Just your luck. You've definitely lost her.


Hmm. This actually could prove to be in your favor.

You'll get to see your way around this place.

You aren't exactly the decision making type. Hm which way should you go?

How about the one to the left?
...

...


After a bit of exploring, you relize there are more rabbit-girl-things than just Reisen and Tewi.

Maybe it's some sort of cult, disguised as a pharmacy? You aren't sure and frankly don't care.

You slip by them without much trouble all the same. It's pretty quiet around here. And if you're to make an escape plan, this is definitely the place to start.

...



"P-Princess, not there."

...That voice...Reisen?

Sounds of panting and whimpers follow.

Oh boy. What do we have here....

You get closer to the door so you can hear better...


"Reisen! Cooperate dammit!"

...this must be the princess.

You're sure you've heard that voice before...


You're probably just imagining things.
...

...

The sound of Reisen shrieking rings in your ears.

What the hell are those two doing in there anyway?


Whatever it is, they sure are loud....


Hmmm. . .


Well the sounds alone are a bit disturbing, but you can't help but to wonder on what's going on in there..

You could probably sneak a quick peek...

Though you shouldn't get too caught up on little things such as this.

Well...this is a difficult decision.


What will you do next?


[] Down the Rabbit Hole

[] Doctor Doctor

[] Search and Destroy

[] Espionage

[] Write in?
>> No. 23232
[x] Down the rabbit hole

As fun as it would be to be caught peeking in on what is sure to be an "innocent" misunderstanding, we need to catch back up to Tewi so she can lead us to the Doctor.
>> No. 23249
[x] Down the Rabbit Hole
>> No. 23250
[x] Espionage

Catching our potential daughter who may or may not be doing something naughty with Reisen? Yes please. Unless this vote means something entirely different, in which case I'm still fine with whatever that is.
>> No. 23254
>>23250
wasn't that Mokou? And Kaguya was the mysterious woman?
>> No. 23256
>>23254

I know, which is why I'm saying potential daughter, because I know it could be someone else entirely. Either way, we've probably already met Kaguya at one point in time or another, so this might turn out to be a reunion, or something. I don't know.
>> No. 23305
File 130066488927.jpg - (30.33KB , 640x480 , walking_on_sunshine.jpg ) [iqdb]
23305
Bumping for status update.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x