[Return]
Archived Thread
File 125852835759.jpg - (288.35KB , 1920x1080 , 1.jpg ) [iqdb]
12675 No. 12675
[x] Tell them you represented yourself as a mere reporter. You only revealed the general information about the mountain (but nothing that would endanger the Tengu or the Kappa) Describe who you met, their personalities, as well as Yakumo's intrusion.
[x] Then give them the message.
------

“Yes, I understand,” you nod, “The intruders appear to be from the outside world.”

“Preposterous,” Taihaku says spitefully, “A single person or two slipping through gaps in the border might be feasible, but an entire lake?”

“I would appreciate if you would not interrupt the boy, Taihaku,” the first councilman says, casting a weary look towards the younger daitengu, “Let us hear all of what he has to say before we make any judgments.”

The other councilman snorts disrespectfully, but keeps his mouth shut.

“Um, right…” you say, continuing. You then proceed to give your account of what transpired inside the Moriya shrine, along with a description of its inhabitants.

“A god from the outside world, you say?” the councilman strokes his chin, light reflecting off his spectacles, “But why would a god move across the border into our Gensokyo?”

“Perhaps for the same reason that we youkai reside in this fantastic land,” another council member speaks up, “We have witnessed it ourselves. As the progress of man grows, so declines their belief in gods and youkai.”

“So faith is what she’s after, then,” the first councilman concludes, thoughtfully touching the tips of his fingers to one another, “So? What is this message that she asked you to send us?”

“Um… let’s see,” you pause, racking your brains, trying to remember what it was that she told you. “Something like… ‘I’ve come to subjugate Mt. Yatsugatake and its inhabitants. From now on, they’ll worship me and I’ll rule over the mountain’…?”

The room becomes deathly quiet as the daitengu council members all exchange looks with one another. Uh oh, this is exactly the kind of reaction you expected – and feared. Some of them have this awestruck sort of expression, like they heard something completely unbelievable, while others had calmed down enough to react with rage, taking offence.

“Unbelievable,” one of the members mutter, “She’s declared her intention conquer this mountain of youkai.”

“What arrogance!” another responds, slamming his table with great force, “Does she intend to overcome us all alone?!”

“The oni god of old would destroy her for such insolence!”

“She needs to be taught her place! Both her and her priestess!”

You cringe as the room is filled with the sounds of angry shouts and curses, some of the council members looking so livid that their faces appear even redder than usual.

“…Lord Tenma,” the first councilman is able to keep his cool, addressing his leader calmly, “The god’s motive seems quite clear. What would you have us do?”

“Hm…” Lord Tenma remains composed, stroking his beard with a profound look on his face.

“If you would order us to drive out the invader,” the first councilman continues, “Then we can assemble the white wolf tengu force immediately and prepare for battle.”

“U-um,” you raise your hand. About a dozen angry pairs of eyes turn to you, almost causing you to shrink away before you decide to remain firm. “I-I don’t think they’re bad people,” you say in a small voice, “It’s just that the god has a poor choice of words and-”

“Don’t be ridiculous, boy!” Taihaku says gruffly, “How can those words be interpreted as something other than a declaration of war? Lord Tenma, I say we go and put a stop to their conquest this instant!”

“No,” Lord Tenma finally speaks, apparently having made up his mind, “We will tighten our defenses, but we will not take action against the god. Let us monitor her activities for a period of time.”

“Lord Tenma, please reconsider,” Taihaku says stubbornly, “Inaction will serve us not. We must strike, and we must strike preemptively, and show these invaders to whom the mountain belongs to!”

“The oni god would punish us, thinking we cowards,” another member speaks defiantly.

“The oni god is dead,” Lord Tenma replies, his voice growing deeper and more commanding, “We will do no such thing. We may yet benefit from this encounter. Remember, my fellow clansmen, we are a clan who pride ourselves in our knowledge. And when we strike, it will be after we have gathered all there is to be known about our foe.”

The clamoring dies down soon after Lord Tenma has finished speaking. Slowly, they begin to nod in agreement.

“Kirita Mikio,” you jump as Lord Tenma addresses you, “They have chosen you to be their messenger. That means that you are in a special position here, one that allows for contact between us without hostilities.”

“R-right,” you nod.

“Therefore, you shall be our spy. You do not have the option to refuse. It is your punishment for the transgression of our policies,” he continues, before giving you a mysterious grin, “Ah, what strange fate,” he mutters to himself, “And I had thought that mask would never see use by one of our spies again.”

“Yes, sir!” you say, saluting.

“There is to be no interaction with the shrine or its members by any other tengu!” Lord Tenma commands, the sheer force of his voice shaking the room, “Spread the edict!”

The other daitengu salute as well, before dismissing you.



Whew, somehow, things didn’t go too bad. Thanks to Lord Tenma’s decree, the tengu won’t attack the shrine for some time now, at least. Well, unless you were wrong and that god Kanako really does attempt to force the mountain to worship her through war.

Your first thought is to immediately go tell Rouga not to attack the new shrine maiden here. He doesn’t even seem to have known about it, though. Lazy bum, sleeping all the time. He resists a little at the beginning saying things like “But attacking humans is what youkai do!” but he gives in eventually, grumbling about “being ordered around by some kid.”



“Um… are you okay…?”

The next morning, you decide to visit the shrine to see how things are at the moment. Since you’re on a really important mission right now, they let you cut work for the time being. Ah, the joys of being important.

Sanae, however, doesn’t seem to be in the best of moods. She’s zoning in and out, her eyes drooping every now and then as she struggles not to fall asleep.

“You forgot your sleeves,” you point out.

“Oh!” she gasps, looking down at her bare arms, “How embarrassing…” she says, sighing.

“Did you get any sleep yesterday?”

“No…” she groans, rubbing her eyes, “Lady Kanako made me stay up all night making my spellcard patterns…”

“Speaking of which…” you say, bringing up the important subject, “… Her message wasn’t really received very well.”

“I can’t imagine it was,” she sighs. “All the tengu have been avoiding me the whole morning. They ignore me when I try to talk to them and fly away… I wonder how I’m going to gather faith at this rate…”

You want to help her. You don’t know why, but…

[ ] Suggest trying to talk to the kappa.
[ ] You know other gods, don’t you? How do they do gain faith?
>> No. 12676
[x] You know other gods, don’t you? How do they do gain faith?
Mm, I wonder how far duplicity will serve us? Well, I suppose we just need to wait for Reimu to pay a little "interfaith relations" visit to Kanako~.
>> No. 12677
[X] You know other gods, don’t you? How do they do gain faith?

Kanako's philosophy in the games is to gain faith through playful interaction with her followers. She would do well to speak with Minoriko, given their similar love for feasts and such.
>> No. 12678
[x] Suggest trying to talk to the kappa.

The Kappa are our allies. They are under just as much threat as we are. They can learn of the Goddess' ambition, and study them as well. Perhaps even trick them into thinking they have their faith...

This is war! And the spoils?! CUCUMBER ROLLS!
>> No. 12679
[x] Suggest trying to talk to the kappa.
>> No. 12680
[X] You know other gods, don’t you? How do they do gain faith?
>> No. 12681
[X] You know other gods, don’t you? How do they do gain faith?

That's... a good question, actually.
>> No. 12682
File 125854635780.jpg- (240.38KB , 1000x825 , ad9e2e1a2ad86fed19a95688f9fbfef2.jpg ) [iqdb]
12682
[x] You know other gods, don’t you? How do they do gain faith?

She can have my faith anytime
>> No. 12683
[x] You know other gods, don’t you? How do they do gain faith?
>> No. 12685
[x] You know other gods, don’t you? How do they do gain faith?

Why not ask the gods we do know first.

Though I think belief through war was Kanako's original intent before things got evened out (partially by Reimu's "assistance")

That and I don't think of our position as a spy, but mediator.

I wonder how Mikio will react to the news that Sanae asked the Hakurei shrine to close down. (Since canonically speaking, in full blown incident resolution mode, she only lost far less than she wins)
>> No. 12686
[Q] You know other gods, don’t you? How do they do gain faith?
>> No. 12687
[x] You know other gods, don’t you? How do they gain faith?
>> No. 12688
>“I can’t imagine it was,” she sighs. “All the tengu have been avoiding me the whole morning. They ignore me when I try to talk to them and fly away… I wonder how I’m going to gather faith at this rate…”

[x] "Don't blame them; they're just following orders. As of now, I'm to be the only line of communication between you and the tengu. Luckily, our council has decided to initiate a 'wait and see' policy in regards to your goddess' frankly outrageous demands."
[x] "As for accruing faith from other youkai..."
-[x] "You might try talking to the kappa. They are skittish, but I know one personally who'd want to meet you, as they have an interest in outside technology. I know one in particular who might want to meet you."
-[x] "Second, there are also other gods on this mountain. At least three of whom I know personally."
-[x] "These invitations I can extend only to you, however. I won't risk damaging my--or, rather, the tengu's--relationship with these persons because your goddess lacks subtlety in her words. So, like your goddess asked of myself for the tengu, are you willing to be the voice, eyes, and ears of your goddess; to act as her proxy and representative?"

[x] "More important is that I cannot be your advocate and serve my own people at the same time, at least, not while you remain an adverse party. However, you mentioned you were training in danmaku? If we had a spell card duel, with these introductions as the terms for you winning..."
-[x] "Of course, if you lose, I'll have to ask you to retract your goddess' demands, in which case, we would no longer be in an adversarial relationship anyway, and there would thus be no conflict of interest if I were to show you around."
-[x] Smile. "And frankly, I think it'd be unfair if I were the only one who got chewed out by his superiors for fraternizing with a stranger."

We're a diplomat. So diplomatize.

The spell card duel not only gives Sanae an introduction to warfare in Gensokyo, but the consequences will be much better received by the council than them finding out we aided an 'enemy' of our own free volition. Already there are elements there who scorn Mikio for being human. Helping Sanae at no potential benefit for the tengu is just going to seem to them that Mikio is finally showing favoritism for his 'true' race. This way, we can claim to be testing the mettle of our 'enemy', as well as trying to extract concessions.

And for Sanae, this is a win-win proposition, as either way she gets introduced to the kappa and the other goddesses. The only thing she has to worry about is losing face in front of her goddess. But if she can't at least fight Mikio to a standstill, her goddess should be riding her harder, for the danmaku trials to come will be much more severe.
>> No. 12689
[x] "Don't blame them; they're just following orders. As of now, I'm to be the only line of communication between you and the tengu. Luckily, our council has decided to initiate a 'wait and see' policy in regards to your goddess' frankly outrageous demands."
[x] "As for accruing faith from other youkai..."
-[x] "You might try talking to the kappa. They are skittish, but I know one personally who'd want to meet you, as they have an interest in outside technology. I know one in particular who might want to meet you."
-[x] "Second, there are also other gods on this mountain. At least three of whom I know personally."
-[x] "These invitations I can extend only to you, however. I won't risk damaging my--or, rather, the tengu's--relationship with these persons because your goddess lacks subtlety in her words. So, like your goddess asked of myself for the tengu, are you willing to be the voice, eyes, and ears of your goddess; to act as her proxy and representative?"

[x] "More important is that I cannot be your advocate and serve my own people at the same time, at least, not while you remain an adverse party. However, you mentioned you were training in danmaku? If we had a spell card duel, with these introductions as the terms for you winning..."
-[x] "Of course, if you lose, I'll have to ask you to retract your goddess' demands, in which case, we would no longer be in an adversarial relationship anyway, and there would thus be no conflict of interest if I were to show you around."
-[x] Smile. "And frankly, I think it'd be unfair if I were the only one who got chewed out by his superiors for fraternizing with a stranger."

Sure, why not?
>> No. 12690
[x] "Don't blame them; they're just following orders. As of now, I'm to be the only line of communication between you and the tengu. Luckily, our council has decided to initiate a 'wait and see' policy in regards to your goddess' frankly outrageous demands."
[x] "As for accruing faith from other youkai..."
-[x] "You might try talking to the kappa. They are skittish, but I know one personally who'd want to meet you, as they have an interest in outside technology. I know one in particular who might want to meet you."
-[x] "Second, there are also other gods on this mountain. At least three of whom I know personally."
-[x] "These invitations I can extend only to you, however. I won't risk damaging my--or, rather, the tengu's--relationship with these persons because your goddess lacks subtlety in her words. So, like your goddess asked of myself for the tengu, are you willing to be the voice, eyes, and ears of your goddess; to act as her proxy and representative?"

[x] "More important is that I cannot be your advocate and serve my own people at the same time, at least, not while you remain an adverse party. However, you mentioned you were training in danmaku? If we had a spell card duel, with these introductions as the terms for you winning..."
-[x] "Of course, if you lose, I'll have to ask you to retract your goddess' demands, in which case, we would no longer be in an adversarial relationship anyway, and there would thus be no conflict of interest if I were to show you around."
-[x] Smile. "And frankly, I think it'd be unfair if I were the only one who got chewed out by his superiors for fraternizing with a stranger."

BIG WORDS
>> No. 12692
This write-in is silly and you are silly for writing/voting for it. Just because it's long doesn't mean it's good.
>> No. 12693
>>12692

Seriously. Sometimes, simple is best, guys.

[x] You know other gods, don’t you? How do they do gain faith?
>> No. 12694
[x] You know other gods, don’t you? How do they do gain faith?
>> No. 12695
[B] You know other gods, don’t you? How do they do gain faith?
>> No. 12696
[x] You know other gods, don’t you? How do they do gain faith?
>> No. 12698
>Ah, the joys of being important.

And then, Mikio discovered how politics feel.
>> No. 12703
[+] You know other gods, don’t you? How do they do gain faith?

In a case like this, Mikio's closeness to Hina and the Aki sisters will probably serve better than his closeness with the kappa. Still, best not to forget that they are there, and all.
>> No. 12704
Come to think of it, talking to the Kappa probably helps lead to SA.
>> No. 12705
>>12704
I think we should make it a point to introduce Sanae to Nitori. They ought to hit it off pretty well once they've gotten over the stuttering-nervous-shy phase. Sanae clearly misses some parts of Outside life (the technology, for one), and the kappa would be all too glad to help provide her electricity fix.
>> No. 12706
>>12704

I think we'd end up talking to the Kappa anyways; since in all past incidents, Mikio never played much of a role, and I think the part about talking with other gods will show how Gensokyo's gods behave.
>> No. 12707
[x] You know other gods, don’t you? How do they do gain faith?
------

“Our leader decreed that the tengu are forbidden from interacting with the shrine at the moment. It’s nothing personal, I think,” you say, trying to cheer her up. “Um, if you’d like, then I could ask a few gods I know about how they gain faith…”

“Oh, would you do that?” Sanae brightens up, although her face falls soon after, “…but you’re not allowed to help us, are you?”

“It’s okay, since I’m a messenger, I’m allowed to talk to you both,” you say, smiling, “Oh, but I should probably do it alone, though.”

“Thank you so very much,” she returns the smile.

As you begin to turn around to leave, however, you see something wriggling on the ground next to your foot. Crouching down, you grab the long, thin creature by its tail, holding it up to your face. Its skin is white and surprisingly soft, despite its scaled body. It’s barely small enough to fit atop the palm of your hand.

“Is this…” you say, examining the creature, “… a baby snake?”

“Oh,” Sanae stoops down in front of you, looking at the albino snake, “It must be one of Lady Kanako’s familiars. She’s a snake-themed god, you see.”

The little snake doesn’t move around much in your grasp. Instead, its red ruby eyes fixate on you, and its long forked tongue flicks in and out of its mouth at a regular interval. Slowly, it raises itself until its face is eye-level with you.

-__u h__e r__u___d _o _s, _y l__d-

…Huh?

Unwittingly, you drop the snake, and it quickly slithers away as soon as it hits the dirt, wriggling into a nearby thicket of leaves.

“Um… are you okay?”

“Eh?” you look back at Sanae, your hand still raised in the air. Damn, were you spacing out again? You shake your head, clearing your thoughts. You need to stop doing that in front of people so much. You force a smile as you reassure her that you’re alright.

“Then, I’ll be back as soon as I can,” you say, rising from the ground.

“Thank you again,” Sanae says to you, following you up.

“It’s really no problem,” you say with a friendly smile. Giving her a brief wave of goodbye, you turn and step forward a few paces before kicking off the ground and lifting yourself into the air.



“Hello, Miss Kagiyama!” you greet as you begin to land by the edge of the river running through the Great Youkai Forest. Miss Kagiyama’s below, crouched by the riverbank. As you descend, however, you notice a familiar face bobbing above the surface of the river. “Ah, Nitori.”

“Hello.”

“Hey, Mikio!”

The two of them greet you.

“You two know each other?” you ask, looking back and forth between them.

“Yeah!” Nitori answers, “I see her around here often when I’m drifting or swimming down the river.”

“By the way, has something happened to the mountain?” Miss Kagiyama asks, taking you by surprise. Does she already know about the new god at the summit of the mountain?

“Ah, yeah, a bit of an incident,” you say, looking back at the tall figure of the mountain behind you. Well, nothing really looks any more different about it than before from down here, but…

“I heard about that,” Nitori pipes up, still bobbing up and down in the water, “An evil god is trying to take over the mountain and is already acting like it belongs to her, right?”

“Well, I wouldn’t say she’s…” you begin, though you hesitate in completing the sentence. Certainly, from her words and her ambitiousness, she might seem like a villain, but still…

“The frogs around the giant toad’s pond have been going crazy, too,” she continues, “I don’t know why, but they seem so energetic even though it’s been getting colder. I wonder if that’s because of the evil god, too.”

You notice Miss Kagiyama gazing at the mountain with concern, and decide to inquire about it. “Is something wrong?” you ask.

“No… it’s nothing,” she says, though her eyes remained fixed on Yatsugatake’s figure. Eventually, she spins to face you, “Is there something you wanted to ask?”

“Oh!” you exclaim, remembering the reason why you’re here, “Um, it might seem like a silly question, but how do gods gain faith?”

“Gain… faith?” she utters, as though not quite clearly comprehending the question.

“Gods need faith from humans and youkai to empower themselves, don’t they? I want to know how you gain faith, Miss Kagiyama.”

“I see…” she says in a whisper, absentmindedly bringing a pale hand to her mouth and one of her nails. You patiently wait as she stands there, completely still, for several seconds before crossing her arms and speaking again.

“Faith is belief,” she begins to explain, “As you may know, belief is incredibly important in the continued existence of gods and youkai. It exists in two forms; praise and fear.”

Praise… and fear…?

“Gods who are revered by their subjects receive praise from their followers,” she continues, stepping closer to you, “While gods who are reviled, whom bring disaster and ruin to all. Curse gods, like me, are…” she raises her hand, pressing the tip of her finger into the middle of your chest, “…feared,” she finishes, tracing a spiral with her finger.

“Then, you’re also…”

“That’s right,” she says with a dissonantly bright smile, “I continue to exist because humans fear me. I don’t know how much longer that will be, but I can continue to manifest myself because humans reproach and blame me for their troubles.”

That’s terrible…

“Don’t look so sad,” she says, not breaking that smile, “It is all that I have ever known since I began my existence as a curse god. I will always be an ally to humans, even if they won’t consider me their friend.”

“K-keep up the good work, then…” you say, unable to think of anything else.

“I will, thank you.”

“Hey,” Nitori speaks up, “Hina.”

“Hm?” Miss Kagiyama steps away from you, crouching down so Nitori won’t have to crane her head up to look at her, “What is it?”

“Does that mean that if a god becomes feared, they can become a curse god?”

“Well,” she says, “There’s a saying that curse gods were originally born of divine virtues.”

Hm… well, so a god can gain faith by becoming feared…? But won’t that lead to conflict? That’s definitely a no-go, then. Guess you’ll just have to ask the gods of the season, instead. You bid farewell to both Miss Kagiyama and Nitori before heading off to the autumnal fields.



“Here you go,” Minoriko hands a skewered sweet potato to you, which you accept graciously.

“Thank you.”

“So you said you wanted to ask a question, right?” she asks as you bite down on your sweet potato. Nearby, Shizuha’s nibbling on her own share of roast sweet potato, occasionally glancing your way.

“Yeah. I was wondering how the two of you gather faith,” you say.

“Faith, huh…?” Minoriko says, thinking on it for a short moment before swelling with pride, “Of course, by helping humans.”

“You mean with the harvests.”

“Yeah. Humans will worship a god who is able to do something helpful, of course,” she says, grinning. “I’m a really important god in the human village, you know! And Shizuha… well… I guess she gets praise for the beauty of her leaves, too,” she adds as an afterthought. “Not as much as me, though,” she whispers to herself.

“I don’t really care about faith,” Shizuha says in an almost bitter voice, casting a brief death glare at her younger sister, who pretends not to notice, “But as long as humans and youkai appreciate the beauty of autumn’s leaves, I can continue to exist.”

“I see…” you say, scratching the back of your head. So… being appreciated for what you do is a big part of gaining faith, huh? That tidbit of info might come in useful. Maybe. “Well, thank you for your time. And the sweet potato,” you say, standing up.

“Eh? So soon?” Minoriko asks.

“Yes, there’s something important going on back at the mountain.”

“I see…” she says, “Then, you should hurry.”

“I will,” you turn to walk away, waving goodbye.

“Bye, Miki,” Shizuha says, waving back, “Let’s play together sometime.”

“Of course,” you reply with a smile, while Minoriko looks back and forth between the two of you in obvious confusion.



“So I’m thinking, maybe holding a festival would help relations between the shrine and the mountain inhabitants?” you suggest to Sanae, having returned to the mountaintop, “If you do that, then you can show everyone that you don’t mean harm, right?”

“A festival…” she repeats, unsure, “I’m not sure if we can still do that, though. I’m sure Lady Kanako didn’t really mean to sound too aggressive with her message, it’s just that… she’s a bit of a ham when it comes to godly affairs.”

“A what now?”

“Oh, I guess you wouldn’t know what that means… Um… how should I say this…” she trails off, “A bit… overdramatic?”

“Oh.” You… sort of understand what she means. You think. “But if this is all just a misunderstanding, won’t just issuing an apology solve this?”

“I’m not sure she’d be willing to,” she replies doubtfully, frowning, “She’s always been a bit prideful as long as I’ve known her.”

“Huh…” you cross your arms together, pondering on how to make this work out the best way it can. Should you arrange a personal meeting between the god and Lord Tenma? Surely if they spoke face-to-face, they’d reach an understanding together? Well… but you’re just a messenger, so it’s not like you can make a decision for them…

“Maybe I should start by gaining faith from humans instead…” Sanae mutters to herself, looking unconfident.

But the humans living near the base of the mountain are like youkai in many ways as well… Can a festival win them over? There’s a lot of festivals over at the Hakurei shrine, and there’s always a lot of youkai there…

“I wonder how the other shrine maiden does it…” you wonder to yourself.

“…excuse me? The other shrine maiden?” Sanae asks, her eyes puzzled, “Is there another shrine here in Gensokyo?”

[ ] Tell her about the Hakurei shrine.
[ ] Forget the other shrine, keep worrying about this one.
>> No. 12709
>-__u h__e r__u___d _o _s, _y l__d-

I'm guessing :

-you have returned to us, My lead-
>> No. 12710
[B] Tell her about the Hakurei shrine.
>> No. 12711
[x] Tell her about the Hakurei shrine.

Mikio starts MoF.
>> No. 12712
>>12711
Maybe Fate really can't be stopped.
>>12709
>my lead
I would say my lord

[x] Tell her about the Hakurei shrine.

Things will get interesting now.
>> No. 12714
[x] Tell her about the Hakurei shrine.

>I would say my lord

Damnit, I knew it would be something really simple that I'd end up overlooking.

EDIT : Espically given those ads for that one game that always seem to pop up everywhere.
>> No. 12715
[x] Tell her about the Hakurei shrine.

Well who better to straighten out Kanako than Reimu?

>>12712
it's leader since the l__d had a "-" at the end of it, implying it was cut off.

>“Let’s play together sometime.”
Hopefully it'll be House and Bedtop sports for indoor types.
>> No. 12716
[X] Tell her about the Hakurei shrine.

>-you have returned to us, My lord-

So it's that goddamned snake, Orochi or whatever, that's sealed inside us?
>> No. 12717
>>12716

Does it necessarily mean that the snake is the speaker, though? Isn't it possible that's it's another flash of a memory that the snake reminded him of?
>> No. 12718
>>12715
>it's leader since the l__d had a "-" at the end of it, implying it was cut off.

Hmmm... it also had a "-" in front though, and "you" is a complete word also. However, the real reason I assumed the first word was the whole word was that there were too many possibilities to consider otherwise. (A three or more letter word ending in "u"?)
>> No. 12719
>>12712
Well, fate can't certainly be stopped if you do what you're supposed to, like an obedient dog.

[x] Forget the other shrine, keep worrying about this one.

One'd thought that the best way for him to recover his memories is to concentrate on the shrine that was once his home. Giving information about the other shrine will derail all this into the MoF event.
Result? 3 months of updates, not a single memory obtained.

Besides, I'd like him to be a little stronger before the inevitable happens. I know it's silly to try and defy fate, but I can't help it.
>> No. 12720
>>12719

Or things might end up worse for the Tengu if Reimu doesn't get involved.

That and I don't think Mikio is supposed to have conscious remembrance of the the other two memory tracks, or else being out and about in Gensokyo would have triggered some flashbacks.
>> No. 12721
Also, must not forget potential scene in which we take care of a beaten-up Sanae. Possibly by grabbing medicine and blankets from the shrine that we couldn't have possibly known the locations of.
>> No. 12722
>>12721
Yeah, and contribute to Sanae's mental breakdown as her time in Gensoukyou marches on? No thanks.

[+] Forget the other shrine, keep worrying about this one.
-[+] Mention how gods who gather their faith through fear can end up as curse gods.
>> No. 12724
>>12719
>Well, fate can't certainly be stopped if you do what you're supposed to, like an obedient dog.

True enough, but i think some things just need to happen. The beginning of MoF and the pre story to it. Whatever happens after that, it is changeable, nothing is set in stone. I just hope that this will be way longer than the other incidents because this is /youkai/ and it is centered on it.
>> No. 12725
[X] Tell her about the Hakurei shrine.
>> No. 12726
>>12722

I think Mikio could help with that in the regard of he's someone who's gotten used to Gensokyo, and the matter of there always being someone stronger.

That and most of Sanae's perceived breakdown is often just fanon.

>>12724
I think Mikio will play a larger part in this incident for sure.
>> No. 12727
[X] Tell her about the Hakurei shrine.
>> No. 12728
>>12726
>That and most of Sanae's perceived breakdown is often just fanon.
True, but it's plausible fanon. Maybe not to the extent of Fell's story in /th/, but a certain amount of mental unhinging is almost inherent with lines like "You can't let yourself be held back by common sense in Gensoukyou!" and the infamous "Youkai extermination is fun~" scene.

Mind you, I have yet to play Hisoutensoku, so I haven't any idea how she acts there.
>> No. 12729
[X] Tell her about the Hakurei shrine.

>>12728
She goes mecha-fangirl and flies around chasing giant robots. Not much else needs to be known.
>> No. 12730
[x] Tell her about the Hakurei shrine.
>> No. 12731
[X] Tell her about the Hakurei shrine.
>> No. 12732
>>12728

Also keep in mind that in some way, most Touhou characters are a bit kooky. One of the more sane is a moon bunny that causes insanity.
>> No. 12733
Let us abandon the path. Let us make a new route for ourselves, between the trees.

[+] Forget the other shrine, keep worrying about this one.
>> No. 12734
Also, I'd like to say this: I don't believe in fate. I don't believe things ever "need" or "have" to happen.

Fate? "Fate" is just another word for "excuse".
>> No. 12735
Why are people acting as if being 'befriended' by Reimu as a bad thing, since from what I've seen, even in this story is that this leads to the area involved opening itself up to rest of Gensokyo more.

That and Mikio already blurted out something about another shrine.
>> No. 12736
[x] Tell her about the Hakurei shrine.

We may as well tell her about it, since already mentioning it and then suddenly telling her to forget about it is only going to make her more curious.
She will then proceed to either keep asking Mikio about it or eventually ask somebody else.
>> No. 12737
>“Don’t look so sad,” she says, not breaking that smile, “It is all that I have ever known since I began my existence as a curse god.
Oh god Hina ;_;

>>12735
Because Reimu befriendings are like Nanoha befriendings, only she isn't their friend at the end. She slightly tolerates them, but that's it.
>> No. 12738
>>12737

Oh look senseless Reimu hate.

If she barely tolerated them she wouldn't go making them tea when they drop by.

That and If she heard Mikio's remark about the other shrine, she won't let up on that topic. (What >>12736 says in short)

But poor Hina indeed, humans can be so ignorant of things. It's said the same thing happens to Letty.
>> No. 12741
File 125887314160.png- (485.24KB , 600x800 , 5273069.png ) [iqdb]
12741
[x] Tell her about the Hakurei shrine.
------

Ah, that’s right. She doesn’t know about the Hakurei shrine at all, does she?

“Yeah. She’s the priestess of the Hakurei shrine,” you say, glad to be of help by informing her.

“Does she have a lot of influence here?” Sanae asks with great interest, looking very anxious and worried.

“Um…” You fumble for words. Does she have a lot of interest? You’ve never really seen her doing much work other than sweeping the grounds and complaining about donations. Well, there was that time you saw her performing incident resolution in the eternal night, but you don’t know if she really managed to do anything… “Well, I wouldn’t know about influence, but a lot of youkai gather there.”

“And how many branch shrines?” She steps forward with an urgent, almost demanding tone in her voice, surprising you a little.

“Um… none?”

“Have you met with the shrine’s god?”

“No… I don’t think I’ve ever seen them around,” you say sheepishly, trying to recall if there was a god there. No… you don’t remember seeing anyone like that.

“I see,” Sanae dons a relieved smile, letting out a bated breath. “I was worried for a moment there, but it looks like everything’s going to be okay,” she says with a confident grin, “Then, I know what to do now for the time being.”

“Huh?” you raise an eyebrow. Does she intend to do something with that shrine?

“Like Lady Kanako would say…” she closes her eyes, pointing a single finger to the sky. Her eyes burst open, and in a triumphant and dramatic voice, she declares, “Our Moriya shrine must be number one! Eliminate all competition!”

…um.

Isn’t that a really, really bad idea?

“So I’ll head over there and ask that shrine maiden to close down,” she says, lowering her hand and smiling brightly. “No, wait. If I do that, I’ll seem like a villain,” she whispers to herself, though she quickly seems to shrug it off, “Maybe I can get her to agree to be made a branch shrine.”

“No, wait, you don’t understand, I don’t think you should…”

“It’s okay,” she interrupts you, still seeming so cheerful. She’s certainly in a good mood for some reason. “I might look like this, but I’m actually really strong, you know?” she flexes her thin arm, winking. “I’m a living god, after all! And the maiden of a godless shrine is only human.”

But that human can fight on the level of youkai!

“Well, I should hurry up and go while it’s still noon,” she says, ignorant to your stunned state of being. “Thanks a lot for your help, Mister Kirita, but I’m sure I can handle things on my own now! I’ll be back!” she waves a bye while floating up into the air, and you feel the air around her twist and waver to carry her up.

…oh well. You wave back as you watch her shrink into a dot in the distance, sighing. She’s a little reckless too, isn’t she? Her god’s a bad influence on her…

Huh? She’s coming back…

“Can you give me directions to the shrine or something!?” she cups her hands around her mouth and yells to you from a distance, “I kind of forgot to ask!”



“So you told her where she can find the shrine?” Miss Aya asks you, an expression of interest held in her face.

“She didn’t seem to be in a mood to listen to anything else,” you say with a shrug. Things will work out somehow, right?

“Huh, so she’s the overzealous type…”

“Is it okay to interfere like that, though?” Miss Momizi asks, concerned. To be honest, you’re kind of worried about that, too.

“Well, it’s not like anyone’s going to find out,” Miss Aya says with a mischievous grin, winking, “And it’d be interesting for two shrine maidens to face-off against each other, right?”

“That Hakurei shrine maiden might get the wrong idea and affiliate that god with us, though,” Miss Momizi replies with a frown, “What if she ends up storming the mountain to confront that god?”

“Ahaha, like that’ll happen,” Miss Aya laughs, slapping Miss Momizi on the back, “Not even she’s dumb enough to try to take on the mountain alone. And even if she does, can’t we just let her chase that god away herself?”

“I wonder if she can do that, though,” you say. You’ve never actually been able to witness that girl fighting seriously. When she fights, she always seems so detached from whatever’s happening, wearing that bored look on her face like she’s not putting in any effort.

“Well, who knows?” Miss Aya shrugs, “Well, Momi, keep up the good work today. Can’t be slacking just because there’s something going on, right?”

“Of course, in times like this we should be extra-aware,” Miss Momizi smiles, turning back to watch over the edge of the waterfall.

“If you see any red-white shrine maidens or black-white witches, be sure to let everyone know,” Miss Aya laughs, crossing her arms together. “By the way, Mikio.”

“Hm?”

“You’re getting along with that girl, aren’t you? That wind priestess.”

“Am I?” you scratch your head.

“You looked like you were going out of your way to help her earlier,” she points out, “That would be called ‘helping the enemy’, wouldn’t it?”

“Ahaha… well, uh…” You awkwardly try to laugh it off. Out of the corner of your eyes, you see Miss Momizi’s ears twitch.

“Not that I’m going to pry, see,” Miss Aya steps closer, “But why are you helping her?”

“Why…?”

“What, have you fallen for her buxom charms?” Miss Aya jokes, “She’s not trying to seduce you, is she?”

Why are you helping her? Why? Why? Why? Because you want to help. But why do you want to help her? She means nothing to you.

“Eh…?!” Miss Aya seems alarmed at your silence, “No way. Was I right? Are you finally at that age where you start to show interest in girls?”

“No, it’s nothing like that,” you hurriedly say. The real reason is because of…

guilt

But you haven’t done anything wrong to her.

youre a liar

When you look at her, it hurts. Every time you see her face, it hurts. For every word she says, it hurts. You can’t bear that, so that’s why you want to help her. Because helping her will ease the pain.

“Agh…gah…!”

“Mikio?!”

“Miki!”

You’re suddenly overcome by a blinding pain in your head. The world around you grows dark as you fall to the ground.

------

You finally come to.

But your head still hurts. It feels like millions of volts are surging through your brain, reducing it to a crisp until it heals and the pain begins all over again. Why won’t it stop somebody please help someone somebody anyone please stop the pain—

“Are you okay?” A familiar voice. You feel someone’s warm hand touching your forehead, and instantly the agony recedes. “Come on, up you go.”

The hand removes itself from your head, and a strong grip pulls you to your feet, and you open your shut eyes. It’s that world. The world last seen beginning to fall apart. Then the one that helped you up is…

“That was such an unexpected exit, you know,” a young man’s voice. His voice. “You should’ve warned me. I was completely unprepared for it,” he says, laughing.

“Tayasumi…” you mutter his name.

“Well, I guess you wouldn’t have known, either,” he shrugs. “Take a good look around. This place’s in even worse shape than before.”

You turn your head, taking in the sight of destruction. There are cracks in the night sky as well as the earth, opening up into a complete void. You recognize this place. Finally, you recognize it. This is… “The forest you hunted in.”

“Not much of a forest now, though,” he says, grinning ironically. He’s right. The trees have all been stripped of their leaves, their branches completely bare. The grass carries the color of death, dry and wilted. “It won’t be long until this world is completely and irreparably broken.”

“What will happen then?”

“I don’t know,” he shrugs, “There’s still that other world. It’s still intact, probably. I don’t think you need to start worrying until that place starts to decay, too.”

“Then… how do I stop it?”

“You can’t,” he says bitterly, “After all, if you’re not even aware of how you’re destroying these worlds, then there isn’t much you can do to stop it, right? I…” He sighs, placing a hand on his forehead, “…sorry I can’t help you. I’m useless.”

“Don’t say that.”

“But it’s true. I… couldn’t even avenge my friends or family. I talked big and said I’d kill that youkai, but I ended up dying instead,” he laughs, lowering his head and shaking it.

“There was nothing else you could do.”

“Maybe you’re right,” he smiles sadly, “…I don’t mind anymore, though. I don’t even hate that youkai anymore. I’ve let go of it, but it’s too late for me.”

The ground begins to shake. The earth splits apart, and it’s an effort to keep yourself balanced. Tayasumi stands there calmly, watching you.

“You should get out of here, before everything collapses,” he says, “You can fly, can’t you?”

“But what about you?”

“It doesn’t matter what happens to me. After all, I’m just…” he shakes his head, silencing himself. “This will probably be the last time we meet. Even if you can’t escape the past, and it catches up with you, I hope you’ll have the strength needed to be able to face it.”

You begin to float in the air as the ground beneath you sinks down, crumbling into pieces and falling into the void below.

“You know, I envy you,” Tayasumi continues to speak, as the dirt he’s standing on begins to rapidly collapse, dangerously close to being devoured by the darkness below. “You were able to escape your chains. But I… I was too caught up. I sincerely wish you a long and happy life.”

The ground begins to sink into the void. He looks up at you, smiling a smile full of regrets and sorrow. Slowly, he raises his hand, reaching towards you.

[ ] Grab his hand.
[ ] Leave him.
>> No. 12742
[x] Grab his hand.

Guilt? Seems the final scene of the boy's path might be shocking indeed, that is unless Sanae in some how the reincarnation of the hunter's sister.

I wonder when that final scene will unlock so we can see it.

>“Ahaha, like that’ll happen,” Miss Aya laughs, slapping Miss Momizi on the back, “Not even she’s dumb enough to try to take on the mountain alone. And even if she does, can’t we just let her chase that god away herself?”

One'd think that she might have known how seriously Reimu takes her shrine, I think after this, the whole mountain will never forget this: You do not mess with Reimu's shrine in any way.

And I'd like to think of Mikio's efforts as damage control (too bad Sanae's too overzeal and ignorant of the fact that while humans aren't powerful, there's a few QUITE powerful ones)
>> No. 12743
[x] Grab his hand.

Well, damn. Sanae just screwed everything up now. Mikio should have set her straight, told her to not do it, there is a limit to being timid and holding back.
>> No. 12744
>>12743

Well I guess he'll have to pick up the pieces, though he was never too good with particularly strong willed women. (Such as Aya)
>> No. 12745
There is no avoiding MoF. There is only damage control. Good luck with that.
>> No. 12746
[x] Grab his hand.
>> No. 12747
[x] Grab his hand.
>> No. 12748
[X] Grab his hand.

Poor guy. We make peace with him, he makes peace with himself, and his world starts coming to an end.

Fight it.
>> No. 12749
[x] Leave him.
>> No. 12750
I still can't get over anon's last vote.
They wanted to avoid MoF, but they voted the one option to start it. What were you guys expecting? Good lord.

[x] Grab his hand.
>> No. 12751
[x] Grab his hand.
>> No. 12752
>>12750

The goal was more to prevent a fiasco within the mountain. Causing MoF is beneficial to the Tengu and Kappa since after the incident is resolved, the Moriya shrine makes peace with the mountain residents.
>> No. 12753
>>12750
Err, only a small few people actually wanted to avoid it.

[x] Grab his hand.
>> No. 12754
[x] Grab his hand.
NEVER GIVE UP!
>> No. 12755
[ℤℯ] Grab his hand.
>> No. 12756
[x] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WcCIyn8Vr8
>> No. 12757
[X]Grab his hand.

>>12754
NEVER SURRENDER

awesomeface.png
>> No. 12760
[x] Grab his hand.
------

You grab onto his hand, pulling him up into the air. His wistful expression doesn’t budge a bit even as you lift him from the ground, gazing past you, up at the beautifully broken moon in the crumbling skies above. With a deafening roar, the ground below begins to shatter, sinking completely into the abyss at the end of the world.

The earth is being completely swallowed up by the black void below, the trees slowly sinking down to be devoured. The sky’s been split, and the stars have all been extinguished. Now, the only light that shines down on this world of destruction is the pale, cracked moon.

But what can you do? There’s nowhere to run. How can you escape when the sky is falling and the ground is breaking apart?

“Isn’t it beautiful?” you hear Tayasumi’s voice below you as you search for a way to escape. It’s hopeless. His hand is cold and unresponsive, remaining completely lax.

“What is?”

“The moon…” he says, still smiling. “It’s the only thing that doesn’t look red to me.”

“Now’s not the time for moon watching.” You tighten your grip on his hand. You won’t let go until you get out of here. But you find yourself turning your gaze to the cracked moon above. Even it’s starting to break apart now, as new cracks begin to form on its surface.

“Haha, you’re right, you need to get out of here,” he chuckles, lowering his chin and shaking his head, “So, goodbye.”

You look back at his hand, still held in yours. From the fingertips, it begins to dissolve, scattering into brilliant shards of glass, just like everything else in this doomed world. Looking up at you, he gives you one, final grin as his hand completely dissipates, and you lose your grip on him.

Even as he’s falling, he’s still grinning, reaching up towards the non-existent sky with his rapidly vanishing stump of an arm, leaving a trail of bright lights in the air he falls through, until the moment he sinks completely into the darkness awaiting him.

At the same moment, the moon gives out, losing its light and falling completely apart. Having lost its only remaining source of light, the world is plunged into utter blackness.

closer now

The opposing voice.

what did you think you could do to save him

he was a complete and utter failure

a miserable human who couldnt finish what he started

he should have died together with everyone else

Shut up.

why would you try to help him

you should have known that you cant help anyone

all you can do is ruin

youre better off dead

so die

die

------

You open your eyes, and as you do so, the familiar appearance of the mountain stronghold’s infirmary enters your vision. You shake your head to clear your vision as you sit up in your futon. You collapsed again, but it’s not really anything new, as you’ve been sent to the infirmary far too many times than would be pleasant because of these sudden attacks of unconsciousness.

Sighing, you gently get out of bed, making sure to rearrange the blanket and pillow. They don’t even bother to change your clothes when you’re carried in here, either, because you’re usually up and about in an hour or so. Still, your condition never seems to fail to stump the tengu physician, who actually has impressive knowledge of even human medicine but still can’t seem to diagnose you with anything.

Grabbing the sword laid out next to your bed, you secure the sheath to your sash. Then, stretching out your arms as you let out a yawn, you walk out into the hallway, stopping briefly to give a word of thanks to the infirmary staff before you leave.

As you walk about the hallway, you happen by Miss Aya, who’s also casually strolling by.

“Ah, you’re up already,” she says, greeting you with a friendly grin, “You know, why don’t you ever go and get a checkup at Eientei? Rumors say Miss Eirin’s a master pharmacist. Might be able to help you with the whole fainting thing and all.”

“If I went to get a checkup there, she’d find out I’m a human, wouldn’t she?”

“Ah… I guess so.”

“So did anything happen while I was out?” you ask, curious about the situation.

“Well, that girl from the shrine up at the summit’s returned. I’m assuming she’s back from having a talk with Miss Reimu,” she replies, closing one eye in thought.

“You don’t really think the Hakurei shrine maiden will attack the mountain, do you?” you ask, a little worried. If that really happens, then it’s technically your fault for escalating the situation.

“Nah, I don’t think so,” she says disinterestedly, waving her hand, “Don’t worry about it. Just rest up, alright?”

It wouldn't be bothering you if it was that easy to not worry about it, though. Oh well, things will work out somehow, right?

[ ] Head outside.
[ ] Rest inside.
>> No. 12761
[x] Head outside.
>> No. 12762
[x] Head outside.

I guess Aya must have missed the part about how things went... since I get the feeling that Reimu was not amused at all.

But let's see what's going on outside.
>> No. 12763
[x] Head outside

Yes, it will happen and, yes, it'll be your fault.
Way to go.
>> No. 12764
[x] Head outside.
>> No. 12765
[x] Rest inside.
>> No. 12766
[x] Rest inside.
>> No. 12767
[x] Head outside.
Canon events impacting in three.. two..
>> No. 12768
[+] Head outside.

This is not the time to sit idly by and lick your wounds, Mikio!
>> No. 12769
[x] Head outside.
>> No. 12770
[x] Head outside.

>“You don’t really think the Hakurei shrine maiden will attack the mountain, do you?” you ask, a little worried. If that really happens, then it’s technically your fault for escalating the situation.
Yes and Yes. But it had to be. No other way around, some things just have to happen.
>“Nah, I don’t think so,” she says disinterestedly, waving her hand, “Don’t worry about it. Just rest up, alright?”
Seems like Aya already knows what will happen. Is she telling him to rest up so that he doesn't get hurt? But that won't do, gotta help Momiji and Aya and maybe get her to go full power, without holding back.
>> No. 12771
Welp, shit.

Again.

[x] Head outside.

I must see how this went.
>> No. 12772
I'm butthurt. This was the first chance to change the story and what happens? Everything remains the same.

Anyway, updates?
>> No. 12773
>>12772

Chances are if we tried to avoid it, things would have still happened this way, since if Sanae didn't provoke Reimu, then chances are, someone else would have asked her to butt in.

Though I think we should warn the goddesses when the time comes, at least the Akis (since in MoF, they were just in Reimu's way)
>> No. 12774
>>12772
You have to remember, it was practically unavoidable even before we made the choice, since Mikio let it slip about another Shrine Maiden which is what prompted the choice.
I highly doubt that Sanae would have taken a "don't worry about it, it's not important", she would have found some way to get the info whether Mikio said anything or not.
>> No. 12775
[B] Head outside.
>> No. 12776
File 125913016090.jpg- (575.69KB , 1200x1920 , cfea146f82cc64a6f2876f4fc31f4876.jpg ) [iqdb]
12776
[x] Head outside.
------

You wait until Miss Aya walks out of view before continuing down the passageways of the tengu mountain stronghold, heading towards the nearest exit. You’re curious to see what might have happened when those two shrine maidens met, and you might just go on over and ask.

Heaving a sigh, you run a hand through your messy, unkempt hair as you step out into the open sun. You feel just a little dizzy. Thinking back, these attacks have been a lot more frequent lately, haven’t they? Before, these sudden bouts of unconsciousness only happened when you were exhausted… but recently they happen even if you were feeling fine just a few minutes ago… Maybe you really do need some sort of advanced medical attention.

Is it related to… that?

No, let’s not think about that.

You decide to pay a visit to Miss Momizi first. She’s likely patrolling around near the top of the waterfall as usual. You need to let her know that you’re fine now. You find her looking over the edge of the waterfall, her tail swishing from side to side as the constant breeze of the mountain gently blows back her hair.

“Hey, Miss Momizi,” you greet with a wave.

“Oh, you’re awake, Mikio,” she says, returning the wave with a welcome grin, “Are you sure you should be up so soon?”

“I’m fine,” you reassure her, standing next to her. “Nothing’s happened while I was asleep, right?” you ask, looking down below. In the air, you see a few fairies flying by, nothing out of the ordinary, really.

“No, not yet,” she shakes her head, “I keep getting this feeling that there’s something about to happen, though.”

“Is that like…what’s it called…” You grasp for the word, rapping on your temple with your knuckles, “Intuition?”

“Something like that, I guess,” she says, letting out a brief laughter, “Maybe I’m just worrying about it too much, though.”

You turn around, looking up at the summit of the mountain. Behind it, you can see the sun beginning to set, casting an orange hue on the sky. It’s already that time, huh? You were out for a little longer than you thought you had been, though since the days have been getting shorter, it’s not all that shocking.

“Ah…!”

You immediately turn as you hear Miss Momizi let out an unexpected gasp. Her ears are twitch and her eyes are narrowed, staring at something far below her.

“What’s wrong, Miss Momizi?” you venture to ask. She has far superior vision compared to yours, so you’re sure it’s something too far away for you to see…

“There’s a battle down there,” she says firmly, as though certain of it.

“A battle?” you ask, confused. Maybe a danmaku fight between two kappa?

“It’s…” she says, leaning forward a little to get a slightly better look, “Nitori. Nitori’s fighting an intruder.”

“An intruder?!” you step back in surprise, hurriedly looking down below. Your eyes aren’t sharp enough to make out anyone, but you can definitely see colorful specks of light. Unmistakably the sign of a danmaku battle. But who is she fighting?

“…Mikio, head back,” Miss Momizi says with a serious voice after a moment of consideration, unsheathing the sword on her back and donning her maple leafed shield on her arm. “The mountain’s under attack!” she yells as she steps over the edge, diving down.

An intruder… No way, it can’t be the Hakurei shrine maiden? Did she seriously come to attack the mountain for the Moriya shrine’s provocation!?

With widened eyes, you stare down below. Mere moments after Miss Momizi plunged down the waterfall, you see a brilliant barrage of spiraling bullet patterns, though you can’t quite make out the specks that must be Miss Momizi and the intruder. She must be engaging them already.

Caw, caw, caw!

Looking up, you see an excited swarm of crows, gathering into a black cloud above you as they descend. The familiars of the crow tengu… You cover your face with your arms as they swoop past you and descend down the waterfall. They must be acting as scouts for the other crow tengu. They’re aware of it as well?

“Mikio, what are you doing!?”

You hear Miss Momizi’s voice behind you, and you quickly whirl around. That’s right, she had told you to turn back, but you were too dumbfounded to act on it. She steps down next to you, unharmed, though she carries an expression of urgency.

“There are two of them. Go back now!” she yells at you, “I have to tell the council right away…!” She also says to herself, almost kicking up a cloud of dust behind her as she takes off, sprinting away as fast as she can.

Two…!? You look back down, narrowing your eyes in an attempt to see well. The black swarm of crows dissipates; it’s apparent that there’s someone breaking through their numbers. What should you do…? If it’s the shrine maiden, then this is your fault. But, there are two of them. You’re outnumbered and potentially outmatched…

[ ] Confront the intruders.
[ ] Retreat.
>> No. 12777
[ ] Confront the intruders.

Take them down!
>> No. 12778
[x] Confront the intruders.
>> No. 12779
[x] Confront the intruders.

Taking on Reimu and Marisa at the same time? Sounds fun.
>> No. 12780
{X} Confront the intruders.
>> No. 12781
[X] Retreat.

There isn't a real reason to try any heroics here. Being outnumbered in a serious attack like this, the best thing to do is fall back.
>> No. 12782
>>12779
>You’re outnumbered and potentially outmatched
Sounds like madness.
I really don't want to spend the rest of MoF passed out somewhere. We can always fight them later on with Aya or Momiji.
Or help the sisters if they aren't down already.

[x] Retreat.
>> No. 12783
[x] Confront the intruders.

We need to buy time for Momiji.
>> No. 12784
[X] Retreat.
>> No. 12785
[X] Retreat.
>> No. 12786
[X] Retreat.

Either of those could defeat him with a blindfold and a hand on their back. Still, I want to believe that our MC will be able to do something more than being a mild inconvenience. Maybe if he fights alongside Aya or Sanae...
>> No. 12787
[x] Retreat.
>> No. 12789
[x] Retreat.
>> No. 12790
>>12781
>>12782
>>12786

We're already at the end of stage 4. We only have to hold out until Aya gets there.
>> No. 12791
[+] Confront the intruders.
Exhaustion or no, you do what you have to.

I doubt Mikio can do much against Reimu, but if he can draw Marisa away, that'll be much better.

LaserMari notwithstanding, Reimu's the only one with the divine power to face Kanako and win.
>> No. 12792
[x] Confront the intruders.
>> No. 12793
[x] Retreat.

I'd rather face Reimu and Marisa when we're not considered stage 4 or 5 material. The last thing they need is to think we're easily capable of bringing down.

Considering this event could be a large part of Mikio's past, we may end up as the EX boss in this one, instead.
>> No. 12794
[x] Retreat.
>> No. 12795
[x] Retreat.
>> No. 12797
[x] Retreat.

Think guys, Mikio JUST woke up from passing out, he is in NO condition to be fighting.
>> No. 12798
[X] Retreat.

Aya'll soon be on the scene by any signs, that and two on one are not good odds.
>> No. 12799
[x] Retreat
>> No. 12800
[x] Retreat.

Watch and learn for now.
>> No. 12801
[ ] Confront the intruders.

Mikio is not a normal human, he has the power of something very nasty inside him.
>> No. 12803
[X] Confront the intruders.

Who says we need to fight them?
>> No. 12804
>>12801
Tapping into that something is not exactly a good idea.

>>12803
It wouldn't matter since if you did confront them, Mikio would get blasted senseless. And he'd be out of it for a while.

And didn't Momiji say to retreat? Also getting blasted might reveal the truth of Mikio being a human to those outside the Tengu.
>> No. 12805
>>12804
Exactly, there's so many things than can and most likely will go wrong by confronting them.
>> No. 12806
[x] Confront the intruders.

Running and hiding from plot progression is always a good thing.

Nitori is the one who is outnumbered, without our help.
>> No. 12807
[x] Retreat.
>> No. 12808
[ℤℯ] Retreat.
>> No. 12809
[B] Retreat.
>> No. 12819
The wait is killing me
>> No. 12820
ARRIBAFECHAS?
>> No. 12821
[x] Retreat.

Seems premature. No reason to rush into battle as soon as we hear about it.
>> No. 12822
Sorry for the delay. Turkey day and all that. Will update tomorrow.
>> No. 12823
>>12822
You should have gone cold turkey that day.
>> No. 12824
File 125941593447.jpg- (24.34KB , 300x208 , david_caruso_sunglasses.jpg ) [iqdb]
12824
>>12823
>> No. 12825
>>12824

YEEEEEAAAAAAAH!
>> No. 12826
>>12823
>>12824
>>12825
ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 12827
>>12826
ಠ‿ಠ
>> No. 12828
I knbow we are waiting for the update but it is time to stop fagging up this thread now.
>> No. 12829
[x] Retreat.
------

...It would be foolhardy to engage the intruders alone and without the authority of your superiors. You already got in trouble for acting on your own once, and you’re not about to get in more trouble for the same reason. Twisting around, you take off in the direction Miss Momizi dashed off to, heading to the base.

Miss Momizi’s too quick on her feet to catch up to, so you’re unable to spot her as you run along the dirt, dodging past the trees in the way. You make it to one of the hidden entrances and head inside, rushing to the meeting room of the daitengu.

As you approach the large doors, they slam open, taking you by surprise, and out from the room hurries out Miss Momizi, who stops in her tracks when she sees you.

“Mikio, head inside,” she says with haste, “The daitengu want to speak to you and Miss Shameimaru. I’m going off to fetch her right now.”

Before you have a chance to reply, she takes off again. You wish she could have stayed around for a few more seconds to explain what the daitengu wanted to talk about first, but you can’t blame her. She’s always serious about the duties and orders given to her. Shrugging, you head inside the room.

The daitengu council awaits you at their tables, and you make a show of giving them a polite bow. All is silent for a short period, at the end of which the doors open again, and Miss Aya steps in with a confused expression.

“Oh? You were called too, Miki?” she asks as she walks up next to you, bowing to the council, “What can this humble reporter do for you, Lord Tenma?”

“Good, they’re both here now,” Lord Tenma says in a loud, rumbling voice, leaning over the table, “And in record time, too,” he says, smirking slightly, “Which is good, because there’s no time to waste. Shameimaru, Kirita, there are intruders here in the mountain. Go intercept them, and uncover their reason for coming here.”

“If possible, do not engage them,” another councilman says.

“But do [b]not[/] let them pass,” a third councilman adds.

“Uh… yes, sir, right away,” Miss Aya says, still confused. She cocks her head to one side in doubt, crossing her arms together. “…Why us, though?” You hear her whisper under her breath.

“Y-yes sir,” you say with an awkward salute.

“Dismissed,” Lord Tenma nods, “Go!”

Without hesitation, the two of you burst out from the meeting room. No one questions Lord Tenma’s orders.



“Geez, I’m just a reporter though… isn’t this up to the white wolf tengu?” Miss Aya complains loudly as she flies through the air.

“I’m sure they have a reason for this,” you reassure her as you fly at her side. There, that must be them, “There’s the intruders!” you say, pointing up ahead.

“Yeah, I see ‘em,” Miss Aya says, giving a burst of speed. You accelerate in order to keep up with her.

The intruders slow down when they see the two of you coming. Just as you suspected, it’s the Hakurei shrine maiden and her magician friend.

“Ayayayaya…” Miss Aya says, slowing to a stop while fanning herself with her hauchiwa, “I came to check up on the intruder report, and I find you two.”

“I don’t have business with any of you tengu,” Hakurei says with a bored, uncaring voice. Digging into her clothes, she produces a handful of amulets, “Would you get out of the way?”

“Why don’t you just show us the way past here?” Marisa says, halting her broomstick in the air.

“Sorry, but I’m here the chase the intruders away,” Miss Aya says, pointing the open end of her fan towards the two of them, “Might I be able to talk you two away, perhaps? That’s what my boss sent me here for, anyway.”

“I told you already, I don’t have business with you guys,” Hakurei responds, sighing, “I’m just here to see the god at the top of the mountain.”

“Oh, you mean that god? The one that’s come here recently acting like the mountain belongs to her.”

“Yeah, we’re here to beat the stuffing out of her,” Marisa says enthusiastically.

“That would be nice,” Miss Aya laughs, “But we have orders not to let you two pass. The other tengu just wouldn’t stand for it if we let you, you know.”

“You should just let us through,” Hakurei says, shrugging, “But if it’s going to be that way, guess it’s two-on-two.”

“Alright then,” Miss Aya says with a grin, and nudges you on the side, “Hey, which one do you want to fight?”

[ ] Hakurei.
[ ] Marisa.
>> No. 12830
[x] Reimu.

I feel like things won't turn out as badly if she's the one that Mikio faces.
>> No. 12831
[x] Hakurei.

Do not want Master Spark to face.
>> No. 12832
[X] Reimu
As >>12831 pointed out, it would be detrimental if we gets sparked.

Of course, given that Marisa in MoF doesn't have Master Spark, it's possible she didn't bring it today. Still, safety first. It probably also helps that we know Reimu better, and so had a better chance of survival, or something.
>> No. 12833
[x] Hakurei.
>> No. 12834
Mikio doesn't stand a chance against Reimu. She has all the danmaku hax one could dream of having. Marisa, however, is a defeatable oponent; defeating her would give Miki some reputation boost.

[X]Marisa
>> No. 12835
[x] Marisa
>> No. 12836
[X]Marisa
>> No. 12837
[†] Marisa
>> No. 12838
[x] Marisa
>> No. 12839
[x] Neither. We were told not to engage.
[x] Distract them for as long as you can without disobeying your orders. Do not pursue if it goes beyond the call of duty.

Fighting now just makes running away from Nitori a waste of time and even worse of a dick move. It's best not to get our asses kicked now, and remain Tengu of the peace.

It'll be an even greater surprise when the time comes we have no choice but to fight, and we'll have become much stronger since then.
>> No. 12840
[x] Marisa
>> No. 12841
[x] Hakurei.

Since we're going to lose this fight either way, and Marisa is something of a friend, I think fighting Reimu would at least show them how tough we are. Getting beaten by Marisa would give her a chance to rub it in our faces and Reimu would just ignore us. I don't think there is any room for talking them out of continuing up the mountain, either.

>>12839
Are we even allowed to stay out of this?
>> No. 12842
[X]Marisa

Here goes nothing.
>> No. 12843
>>12841
I doubt it. Even if we do, it'd probably just result in both of them against Aya.

[x] Marisa

I can't remember if Reimu already knows we're a human or not (I think someone found out, but I can't remember who it was for the life of me), but I get the feeling she'd be able to tell if she gets into a fight with us.
...Assuming we're still human, that is.
>> No. 12844
I don't think Mikio can take on Marisa either. She's has four incidents under her belt for experience right around now. This is a person that "plays" with Flan, for funsies.

No one expects you to actually beat the shrine maiden, unless your powerlevel is maximum, like Yukari or Suika. Losing to Marisa though, that sets a bit of a precedent.

[x]Reimu
>> No. 12845
[X]Marisa
Can we defeat her if we go all out and she's without her Master Spark? My guess is no.
Prove me wrong.
>> No. 12846
[x] Marisa
Because Reimu doesn't lose.

>>12839
>Fighting now just makes running away from Nitori a waste of time
Idiot, we have Aya with us now.
>> No. 12847
[x] Marisa
>> No. 12848
[x] Marisa.

Marisa may be powerful, but easy to evade. We should leave Reimu to Aya who's more experienced in that sort of thing.

That and I doubt Marisa is anywhere as pissed as Reimu right now.
>> No. 12849
[X] Marisa.
>> No. 12850
[†] Marisa

I don't know why people are voting to face Reimu. I mean come on, she's Reimu!

Marisa while not a much better choice, isn't a complete cheat code like Reimu, she can possibly be taken.
>> No. 12851
[B] Marisa.
>> No. 12852
[x] Marisa.
>> No. 12853
>>12843
Marisa knocked our mask off, once.
>> No. 12854
>>12853

Alice was there too. Even if she didn't get a good enough look at Miki to finish her doll, there's a chance that she knows he's human.
>> No. 12856
[X] Marisa.
>> No. 12858
>>12834

Wow, did I really convince people to vote for the same thing as I? Feels good, man. But then I gave another thought, and I think there would be an extra development/dialogue/interaction if Mikio fights Reimu because he told Sanae about her.
>> No. 12859
>>12858

Right before he gets pwned Hard? since that'll be sure to piss off Reimu even more, that's saying alot since I think she's none to happy about Sanae's stunt.
>> No. 12860
Re : People that may or may not know our humanity

I probably should make a summary/reference for this one too, but from what I remember :

Nitori we met before getting the mask. I suspect at this point it doesn't really occur to her that we're human. (Which would make her reaction to Reimu and Marisa that much more adorable/funny.)

Hina, I also think we met before the mask. Seems to have an some inkling to what's really going on.

Marisa only knocked our mask off briefly, and didn't seem to know us.

Alice was also there. However, I suspect she knows at this point. She went out of her way to point out she didn't remove our mask when we collapsed, but she didn't actually say she didn't see our face - after all, someone or some other force could have removed the mask. Furthermore, as a human-turned-youkai, she may have some more insights regarding us.

Flandre knows we're human. She didn't seem to believe us when we insisted otherwise.

Sakuya was there with her, so if she likely also suspects.

Remilia seemed to have a very negative reaction to us the first time we met. I'm not sure she actually thinks of us as human though. (Probably something worse.)

Youmu and Yuyuko have seen us without the mask, so they should know what we are. Yuyuko in particular might figure there's something more to us, given both her ability to figure out things and her ability over death.

Yukari... okay, it's just cheap to say Yukari knows because Yukari is Yukari. However : 1) If we first appeared on Youkai mountain from beyond the border, it might've alerted Yukari. 2) She has some potent abilities to see past hidden things, as evidenced by her ability to look through Keine's hiding of the human village in IN. At the very least, if it's a standardized mask, I would suspect that Yukari might've figured out a way around them. 3) Our connection to Hoshuu. Since it did cross the border, that could have involved Yukari as well.

When we met Shikieiki, she seemed to know what was up.

Anything I missed?
>> No. 12861
Oh - Letty. From what I remember, she shared her heat with us after we rescued Cirno and Daiyousei. That might of tipped her off.

As for Reimu, I consider it unlikely that she knows. It may explain why she acted so lazily when asked to remove our curse... but I consider it unlikely.
>> No. 12862
[x] Hakurei

Assuming that Hakurei is unbeatable and Marisa is not, we should let Aya take on Marisa and take one for the team. Best case scenario, Aya beats Marisa quickly and we 2v1 Reimu if we hold out long enough. (why does this sound familiar?)
>> No. 12863
>>12862

There's one problem with that, getting pwned by Reimu would result in Mikio being out cold for a time.

Marisa in contrast would be a matter of not getting hit. Aya can hang in there well enough against Reimu if she wanted to. (Though she might just hold back like in the actual MoF)
>> No. 12864
>>12863
Aya is the fastest in Genoskyo, we're like the second fastest. But I think we've become number one in the ability to dodge.

Aya can take out Marisa in a heartbeat. That's almost no challenge. Mikio would stand a better chance against being hit by anything Reimu throws at him. All we'd have to do is hold out long enough for Aya to beat Marisa and join us in a two-vs-one match.
>> No. 12865
[x] Reimu
>> No. 12867
[x] Love coloured witch
>> No. 12868
[Q] Reimu

Because. We lose no matter what, but this is a fight I'd like to see.
>> No. 12869
>>12868
So far the events have pretty much ended the way they have in the games. I don't know why people think we have a chance of winning against either one of them.
>> No. 12870
Well if we're going to be fighting a losing battle either way, why the hell don't we go all out.

[x] You'll take both of them on.
>> No. 12871
>>12864

I don't know about that much.

And you act as if Reimu's assults are easy to evade (she's the homing shot girls) in comparsion with marisa's high powered lasers.

Aya's habit of taking folks lightly could backfire with Marisa. (Hitting hit by Marisa would hurt worse than Reimu's attacks) That and Aya'll be more on guard against Reimu.

And there's the ultimate fact she'd try to put on a good show since canonicaly speaking, she wasn't trying her hardest in MoF.

>>12869
I think it's more the manner of losing in such a way that Mikio doesn't end up spending the rest of the incident KOed.
>> No. 12872
File 125962344073.jpg- (565.71KB , 654x917 , Reimu057.jpg ) [iqdb]
12872
[X] Wonderful Shrine Maiden of Paradise.

Everyone has to have a duel with Reimu at some point. It's like a rite of passage.

That aside, if Reimu trounces Miki, she's liable to do so with some degree of finesse. Marisa, on the other hand, would reduce Miki to a mushy smear with her full-power approach to dueling.
>> No. 12873
I dunno. I guess he could at least beat Marisa while Reimu goes on to her canon end?
>> No. 12874
File 125965102053.jpg- (237.75KB , 1280x800 , 01.jpg ) [iqdb]
12874
“The magician,” you whisper back. Somehow, you get the feeling that fighting her would be a much more straightforward ordeal than fighting the shrine maiden.

“Good choice,” Miss Aya says with a grin, giving you a thump on the back before moving forward to face Hakurei, who’s looking around while scratching a spot on her neck rather than pay any attention to the two of you, “Then shall we start?” she asks.

“Oh, did you guys decide the matchups?” Hakurei asks, lazily turning her attention to Miss Aya, “So I’m up against you then? That’s troubling… I was hoping I’d have to fight your minion instead.”

“Well, you don’t always get what you want,” Miss Aya says while fanning herself, “Now, I’ll go easy on you, so why don’t we put on a good show?”

“Aw, thanks for going easy on me, though I’d rather you just forfeit and let me pass,” Hakurei replies.

The two of them briefly stare down one another in the air, waiting for the other to make a move. Miss Aya takes the first strike, zipping about the air as she leads the shrine maiden away from you and the magician.

“Well, no chance of you just letting me past either, huh?” Marisa asks you, adjusting the brim of her witch hat as she steadies herself on her broom.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t,” you say as you draw your sword, giving it a swish through the air before assuming a stance, the sword raised towards the shoulder opposite your sword arm and holding the tip of the blade between the thumb and forefinger of your other hand.

“I was always kinda wondering how strong you were,” Marisa replies with a grin, “Alright! I’m not holding back, so don’t blame me if you cry!”

You give an uneasy smile, “I won’t hold back either,” you say, readying yourself for the battle, “After all, it would be insulting to give someone a handicap, wouldn’t it?”

“I like the way you think. It’s annoying when people lose and they’re all ‘Oh I wasn’t trying my best. I let you win’, isn’t it?” says the witch, pointing something shaped hexagonal towards you, “Right, right, let’s goes!”

(BGM: The Youkai Mountain ~ Mysterious Mountain)

“Four cards each!” you yell to her as you swing your blade like a conductor’s baton, directing the force of the breeze towards the witch. As you do so, a barrage of colorful bullets materializes in the air surrounding you, and positions themselves at the ready. The wind, controlled by your sword, carries the bullets toward the witch, spreading the dense shower into a much wider wave.

Marisa places a hand on the top of her hat, keeping it tightly on her head as she weaves in and out of your pattern of danmaku. Pointing the hexagon in her hand towards you, she lets loose a barrage of her own, sending pointed green blasts of magic at you. Immediately, you cross your arms together, creating a whirling shield of wind in front of you to deflect the bullets headed your way.

“Oh, you’re not totally helpless, then!” Marisa remarks as she clears the last wave of your attack. She extends her hand forward again, and runic circles appear, hovering at either of her sides. At her command, the circles fire a penetrating beam of magic at you.

Flying through the air, you escape the lasers directed at you. “I’m flattered,” you say, smiling. Digging in your shirt, you wonder which spellcard to use first.

[ ] A straightforward barrage-type attack.
[ ] A deceptive trap-type attack.
[ ] Overwhelm her using your flight speed.
[ ] Slave-type card utilizing options.
>> No. 12875
File 125965232686.jpg- (950.55KB , 1000x997 , Parsee002.jpg ) [iqdb]
12875
[X] Slave-type card utilizing options.

Because she's so envious of slave type spells~
>> No. 12876
>>”Only the strong ones wear masks. I bet he’s three times faster than normal tengu.”

[X] Overwhelm her using your flight speed.

Let's prove her right.
>> No. 12877
[X] Slave-type card utilizing options.
>> No. 12878
>>12876
Let's save it for the finale then. I want to use that hax spellcard we have last.

[X] Slave-type card utilizing options.
>> No. 12879
>>12874
>hexagon
It's octagonal, actually. </nitpicking>

>[ ] A straightforward barrage-type attack.
Won't work. Her lasers would cut right through it.

>[ ] Overwhelm her using your flight speed.
Might not be the best call; she's known to be pretty fast in her own right. If Mikio had actual Tengu speed to call on, then I'd have gone with this, but as it stands, no.

>[ ] Slave-type card utilizing options.
Same problem as the barrage - Marisa can just shoot the slaves down fast and screw the barrage.

[+] A deceptive trap-type attack.
Seems to be the best choice. She's straightforward enough to be caught in such a thing.
>> No. 12882
[+] A deceptive trap-type attack.

Gonna have to go with this. With Marisa's style, she just might get nineballed into it. Of course that's being far too optimistic probably!
>> No. 12883
[x] A straightforward barrage-type attack.
Let's lull her into a bit more complacent mood first by going simple.
>> No. 12884
[x] A deceptive trap-type attack.
>> No. 12885
>“So I’m up against you then? That’s troubling… I was hoping I’d have to fight your minion instead.”

Oh great, down to Minion A already. Time to prove her otherwise.

[x] A deceptive trap-type attack.

She is pretty much straight forward attacking, full power. Better use your brain and set up a trap.

We are going for a win here, no draw or loss.
>> No. 12886
[+] A deceptive trap-type attack.
>> No. 12887
[X] Slave-type card utilizing options.

Shouldn't we bait her first then if she's straightforward, and trap her later when her guard is down?
>> No. 12888
>>12879

Yeah, I know. I seemed to have turned off my brain when I wrote that.
>> No. 12889
[x] A deceptive trap-type attack.

I guess Marisa would have been a bit peeved beating Aya since she would hold back.

I think we should catch her off guard first.
>> No. 12890
[x] A straightforward barrage-type attack.

Start out with a warm up. There's no need to go all out from the beginning, when we're both analyzing each other's combat prowess.

>[ ] A deceptive trap-type attack.
It might be best to use deception when it really counts - when we're at the end of our battle, she's worn out, perception cloudy, and she's trying her best to win the last round. Doing it now will only alert her to our tactics and make her stay focused. Deception comes in more than one form, after all. Keep steady and yank the carpet out from under them at the last second.
>> No. 12891
[B] A straightforward barrage-type attack.
>> No. 12893
[x] A straightforward barrage-type attack.
>> No. 12894
[ℤℯ] A deceptive trap-type attack.
>> No. 12895
[x] A straightforward barrage-type attack.
>> No. 12897
[x] A straightforward barrage-type attack.

We're not picking one card to use and that's it, we're going to use all 4 of these. No sense going with the best one first.
>> No. 12899
File 125982341736.jpg- (486.31KB , 1280x960 , 01.jpg ) [iqdb]
12899
[x] A deceptive trap-type attack.
------

You make up your mind, and pull a spellcard out, holding it above your head as you declare the name of your next bullet pattern.

Cyclone Seal 「Twelve Pillars of the Sky」

Concentrating intently, you point your palm below yourself. A runic circle formed from bright, green light etches itself in the air beneath your feet. Linked to the main circle are six smaller ones, surrounding it. You extend your hand toward Marisa, who draws back with a look of eager anticipation on her face.

The glyphs beneath you burst forth a barrage of bullets, spreading in a horizontal, circular shape. The bullets crash through the air and speed up towards Marisa, but the wide gaps between each bullet means that she can easily position herself out of the way.

But you don’t give her a chance to take aim and shoot at you in the meanwhile. With a burst of speed, you dart around her, and place another identical glyph in the air below, which lets loose its own circle of bullets in tandem with the other glyph. Concentrating, you will the circles to let loose a regular wave of bullets in set intervals.

“What’s this~! So easy!” Marisa laughs as she carefully weaves in and out of the two waves of danmaku spreading out in the sky. Before you can hurry to another spot, she leans forward on her broom, and in a display of startling agility and control, makes her way to you, palm outstretched.

Kuh… you didn’t anticipate on her being so fast! Panicking, you rush to put up a barrier as she fires off her magical shots. They crash against your shield, straining your concentration severely. Luckily, you manage to hold your spell together, and none of the bullets break past your barrier. Gritting your teeth, you quickly retaliate, swinging your sword and sending out a strong gust, forcing the witch back.

The glyphs already in place continue to independently fire off danmaku, and Marisa very nearly avoids colliding into one as she settles back on her broom when you blow her away. There, you’ve reached your limit. The danmaku bullets that were scattered earlier hadn’t dissipated.

The glyphs disappear, startling Marisa. Grinning, you reach out with an open hand, and clench it, “If you can dodge this, then try your best,” you say. At the same moment, all the bullets that had been seemingly fired off in vain surround Marisa, encasing her in a sphere of colorful light. With a movement that gains speed which each passing moment, the bullets of the spheres close in, breaking off in small groups. If they were to move in all at once, it would be impossible to dodge, but that would be cheating.

“Whoa!” Marisa yelps as she hurries to avoid the incoming shots homing in on her. She’s having a hard time keeping an eye on every side of her at once. “Magic Sign-” she begins, pulling out a spellcard, but as she raises it into the air, a couple of the bullets slam into her back, propelling her into another group of bullets, crushing her spellcard before she has a chance to even use it properly.

The dense swarm of danmaku clears, leaving only Marisa, with her clothes looking slightly worse for the wear. “I see what you did there,” she remarks with a grin, “So those circle things were just distractions, huh? Well, you got me that time, but that kinda spellcard’s not something you can use repeatedly, is it? No one would fall for it twice!”

“I suppose I will have to replace it with another one now,” you reply, laughing awkwardly.

“Heh, well, I kinda don’t like this one, but it’ll do.” Still grinning, she pulls out another spellcard and shouts its name.

Light Sign「Earth Light Ray」

Reaching upward with one hand, she releases a number of light orbs from her palm. But instead of targeting you, instead they fall to the earth below. But you’re not given a chance to see exactly what purpose those orbs serve, as Marisa immediately follows it up with a curtain fire of bright, yellow stars. You concentrate on dodging her attacks…

A searing, linear pillar of light rises up from below, nearly catching you on its way up. The light is so bright that it makes you cover your eyes. So these are what those orbs earlier were for? As you look back to Marisa, you see her scattering more of those light orbs around before resuming her attack. You’re on the defensive here at the moment, and it’s going to be hard to attack, dodge her bullets, and those pillars at the same time. How should you go about defeating this card?

[ ] Remain on the defensive. Keep an eye on those linear light blasts.
[ ] Go offensive. Attack her when she’s casting more of those light bullets.
>> No. 12900
[x] Remain on the defensive. Keep an eye on those linear light blasts.

I have a feeling we'll get sniped if we try to catch her unawares.
>> No. 12901
[x] Go offensive. Attack her when she’s casting more of those light bullets.

The best defense is a good offensive. If we don't fight and give our best nothing is going to happen.
>> No. 12902
[x] Remain on the defensive. Keep an eye on those linear light blasts.
>> No. 12903
[x] Remain on the defensive. Keep an eye on those linear light blasts.
>> No. 12904
[x] Remain on the defensive. Keep an eye on those linear light blasts.
>> No. 12905
[x] Remain on the defensive. Keep an eye on those linear light blasts.
>> No. 12906
[x] Remain on the defensive. Keep an eye on those linear light blasts.
>> No. 12907
[x] Go offensive. Attack her when she’s casting more of those light bullets.
>> No. 12908
[x] Remain on the defensive. Keep an eye on those linear light blasts.

Thing is with Marisa, she doesn't need to hit you many times to do much damage.
>> No. 12909
[x] Go offensive. Attack her when she’s casting more of those light bullets.
>> No. 12910
[X]Remain on the defensive. Keep an eye on those linear light blasts.

At least we're not dealing with Marisa B shot type.

Also, I half expected Mikio to dress up in drag for the trap card... I should feel bad about that.
>> No. 12911
[+] Remain on the defensive.
-[+] Keep an eye on where the magic orbs land, so that you'll know where the beams will come from.
-[+] Focus on dodging the small shots.
-[+] Return fire when Marisa is in your sights.

I remember this card well. It's an Easy/Normal level card, though, so it's clear she's saving her strength.
>> No. 12912
[B] Remain on the defensive. Keep an eye on those linear light blasts.
>> No. 12913
[ℤℯ] Remain on the defensive. Keep an eye on those linear light blasts.
>> No. 12915
[x] Remain on the defensive. Keep an eye on those linear light blasts.
------

Stay calm. Focus on dodging the small bullets she’s sending at you, but remember to keep an eye on where those light bullets land. You can tell it’s going to be dangerous to be hit by even one of those light pillars, so for now you’re just going to have to play it safe.

You take a deep breath as you dodge the small storm of magical stars she sends at you, glancing back at the ground. Those light pillars rise up incredibly fast the moment they hit the ground, so you have to be careful. You block the last bit of stray shots heading towards you, and you look back at Marisa. She’s sending down more of those light blasts, scattering them everywhere.

You quickly dart to the side as one of the pillars shoot up at you with almost blinding speed. That was close. If you’d been preoccupied with anything else at the time, it probably would have gotten you. Still, what should you do? Can you really outlast the card, or should you try to shoot back at her? No time to think, because she’s firing a barrage of bright stars at you.

You dodge and weave between the narrow gaps in the bullet waves, feeling the warmth of the magic shots as they graze past your cheek. Doubling forward, you just barely manage to avoid another light blast that would have hit you full in the face if you hadn’t reacted when you did.

“Ah, looks like Reimu’s doing well,” you hear Marisa remark. You turn your head her way. She’s still scattering her light bullets below her, but she’s not paying attention to you, instead choosing to look off to the distance, where you can see two distant figures engaged in their own battle. Despite what she said earlier about holding back, it seems she’s taking you lightly.

Well, all to your advantage, then. You speed forward, eluding the many light blasts that shoot up, attempting to bar your way to her. As you near her, you leave a trail of danmaku behind you as you fly around her, surrounding Marisa with a circle of bullets.

“Eh?” she finally notices her state, looking around. She puts on a goofy smile, rubbing the back of her neck without worry. “Ahaha,” she laughs, “Looks like I messed u-”

The bullets converge on her, but amazingly, she manages to squeeze through a very small opening in the circle, cutting a close shave. However, you’re not going to give her a chance to attack you again, as you reach into your shirt and draw a second spellcard.

Secret Art 「Crashing of a Thousand Bolts」!

As soon as you declare the card, you sweep your free hand across the area, and as you do so you hear the faint crackle of electricity. Descending from the clouds above, a wall of lightning bolts descend down in front of you, roaring like a tiger as it scorches the earth. Without delay, you send the wave of thunderbolts toward Marisa, whose eyes widen in shock.

“Aww crud!” she yells as she takes the full blow of the attack, shattering her concentration on her spell. Not to be outdone, she recovers quickly, and promptly declares her third spellcard.

Love Sign 「Master Spark」!

She points her octagonal block towards you, and you ready yourself to get moving at any moment. There’s no telling what’s going to happen nex-

In the instant after she points her hand at you, your vision is filled with searing light. Even though you should have moved out of the way, instead you stay still in the air, your body completely frozen. This is…

”Well, so much for the rumors. Still, you were too much trouble. Too much trouble…”

“Die.”


The light engulfs you, filling your vision with a spectrum of colors. You feel a burning pain throughout your body, and in an instant, your focus on your spell is completely shaken, terminating your spellcard with just one direct blow. You reel back, clutching your sword-arm. The smell of singed cloth fills the air, and you can practically see bits of smoke sizzling from the end of your sleeves.

“And again!” Marisa shouts as she points the block of wood at you again, firing off another of the ridiculously potent beam. With her other hand, she also hurls dozens of stars to limit the directions you can try to escape to.

Still recovering from the last attack, you hastily throw up a haphazard barrier in front of you. The blast collides with the shield, almost completely breaking through it outright. No good, you can’t last even a few seconds under the strain. You need to escape, but to where?

fly down you idiot

use the trees to hide

You abandon the barrier, managing to dodge the blast by a hair as you descend down to the trees below. With a wave of your sword, you use the wind to kick up leaves from the branches of the trees around you to serve as a curtain, covering your escape.

“Hide and seek? I don’t have time for this, y’know!” Marisa yells as she flies down after you. From your position behind one of the trees, you can see her, but (hopefully) she can’t see you. You keep moving as she searches from tree to tree, always keeping just out of sight.

“Ah hell, I’ll just blow everything up!” she concludes, pointing her wooden block in a direction. With a hot-blooded yell, she lets loose another Spark, mowing down the trees in her way. “Dang, not there, huh?” she shrugs, and then points it in another direction, firing off another. Hastily, you move out of the way, hiding behind another tree.

“Geez, come on out already. If you keep hiding, it won’t be fun for me!” she says in a frustrated voice as she roams about.

shes coming your way

stay hidden

attack when youre behind her


You can practically feel sweat roll down your face, your heart pounding against your chest as the magician draws near. Using this terrain as cover can be disadvantageous to you if you attempt to combat her at a close range, but she can probably dodge anything you throw at her from a distance. An ambush may be the only way to end this quickly, but that also puts you at a great risk…

[ ] Keep yourself concealed. Wait for her to pass and then attack from behind.
[ ] Continue moving. Try to outlast her and wear her down with distant attacks whenever possible.
>> No. 12916
[x] Keep yourself concealed. Wait for her to pass and then attack from behind.

Who was that voice, and I wonder if listening to it is a good idea or not, but this is an all or nothing case.
>> No. 12917
>Try to outlast her and wear her down with distant attacks whenever possible.
This is not going to work. He is still too weak and has too less stamina to get that to work. He will be the one to get worn down when it comes to this.

[x] Keep yourself concealed. Wait for her to pass and then attack from behind.

When you can make sure that it will hit, put everything into one attack. Might be a bit cowardly but whatever.
>> No. 12919
[+] Keep yourself concealed. Wait for her to pass and then attack from behind.
Marisa pretty much sucks in melee. That's where we can get her. Doubly so, since she probably can't aim the mini-Hakkerou backwards.
>> No. 12920
[+] Keep yourself concealed. Wait for her to pass and then attack from behind.
>> No. 12922
[x] Keep yourself concealed. Wait for her to pass and then attack from behind.
-[x] Momizi neck-chop!
>> No. 12923
[x] Keep yourself concealed. Wait for her to pass and then attack from behind.
>> No. 12924
[x] Keep yourself concealed. Wait for her to pass and then attack from behind.
>> No. 12925
[X] Continue moving. Try to outlast her and wear her down with distant attacks whenever possible.

Timing her out on this card may be a good idea or at least option. Also, this fight reminds me of Shiki vs Akiha(Kohaku route) for some reason.
>> No. 12926
[x] Keep yourself concealed. Wait for her to pass and then attack from behind
>> No. 12927
[X] Continue moving. Try to outlast her and wear her down with distant attacks whenever possible.
I think we lose if we exit the duel field or something.
>> No. 12928
>>12927
We tactically retreat and come back during the end of stage battle.
>> No. 12929
[x] Keep yourself concealed. Wait for her to pass and then attack from behind.

Bushwhacked~
>> No. 12930
[x] Keep yourself concealed. Wait for her to pass and then attack from behind.
>> No. 12931
[x] Keep yourself concealed. Wait for her to pass and then attack from behind.
------

You can’t hope to end this from a distance. You have to get in close, and before she can blow you away with that attack, quickly strike a definitive blow to her and end the spellcard. The only way you can achieve that is through a surprise attack.

She’s coming near. You peer out, not daring to move even an inch lest you accidentally brush up against leaves and give away your position. When she’s sufficiently close to you, you begin to focus, holding your breath. You’re really going to be pushing yourself here, because this is going to require a lot of precision to do without alerting her to where you are.

With your will, you summon a small gust of wind in the direction opposite of where you’re really hiding, shaking the leaves there to create a distraction. She takes the bait, and quickly whirls around with an excited look on her face, her hand pointed in that direction before even her eyes are. It’s now or never!

You rush out from behind the tree, speeding toward the witch as fast as you can. You have to close as much distance as is possible before she notices you! Readying your sword, you wind up your arm in preparation for the swing. Marisa notices you just as you’re a few feet from you. Startled, she whirls around quickly. You swing your sword…!

No! It’s no good! She’s already got her wooden block pointed at you! The center of the block begins to glow with brilliant light as it prepares to fire off a Spark…

adjust your swing and smack that thing out of her hand

You readjust your sword mid-swing, aiming instead for the wooden block she uses to power up that attack. The attack strikes just in time, knocking the block out of her hand and sending it falling to the ground before it can shoot out its blast.

move your head to the right

You instinctively shift your head to the right as Marisa points her palm at you, undaunted by the loss of her tool. Stars whiz by your ears, just barely missing your face. You give the blade a fancy flourish before you bring it up overhead, striking down. She raises her arm, creating a barrier to protect her from the sword.

---

hahaha well done well done

feels just like old times doesnt it

What? What are you talking about?

there you go again hiding behind false ignorance

you coward

I don’t know what you’re talking about. Leave me alone.

you know perfectly well what im talking about

No I don’t

yes, you do.

its hilarious, did you know?

its an absolute outrage watching you talk to those two.

pretending like you dont know what they are, what you are.

Why would I lie about myself like that that doesnt make sense Youre wrong

am i now? surely you must know a lot more than you seem to. after all, you’ve never asked who i am, or why im here. you tolerate my existence here because you know that it’s necessary.

What are you even talking about

ahahaha, again with that. i see now. you’re afraid of being hurt. that’s why you pretend not to know anything. because you can’t bear the burden that comes with knowledge. you poor, delusional fool. do you really think that if you smile and pretend it’s okay all the time, it will become the truth?

shut up you dont know me

i dont even know myself

so just shut up shut up shut up

You hide your eyes behind your mask, and your sufferings behind a smile. But that’s not all you’re hiding, is it? I know you better than anyone else does! After all, how else would I be able to torture and torment you? I want to make you sad, angry, and miserable and give you so much pain you’ll beg for everything to end!

why

Because it’s the only thing I can do.

i hate you

I hate you too.

---

You break through the barrier, and immediately point your empty palm toward Marisa, shooting forth a hail of bullets. Struck by the colorful lights, Marisa reels back. You did it. You’ve won this round and shattered her spellcard.

“Tch, no fair!” she says with a frown. But instead of shooting back at you or declaring a spellcard, she instead tilts the tip of her broomstick down, diving towards the ground. Is she trying to escap- no, she’s going to go pick up her fallen wooden block!

dont let her get it back or youll regret it

[ ] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.
[ ] Let her pick it up before resuming.
>> No. 12932
[ ] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.
>> No. 12933
[x] Let her pick it up before resuming.

To be honest, I suspect listening to that voice will take us down a dark path. Sure it has good advice but what to say that if we keep on listening to it, next time it makes a suggestion, Mikio might just listen to it, no matter how bad it is.
>> No. 12934
[X] Let her pick it up before resuming.

Screw you, Headgames. Mikio is a good boy, and honorable at that.
>> No. 12935
[X] Let her pick it up before resuming.
>> No. 12936
[x] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.

Oh come on, if we wanted a fair fight we would have done so from the beginning on. Do you think she would let us if she were in our shoes? A win is a win, doesn't matter how it is done.
It isn't to the death anyway.
>> No. 12937
[x] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.
>> No. 12938
[x] Let her pick it up before resuming.
>> No. 12939
[x] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.
>> No. 12940
[x] Let her pick it up before resuming.
What was the reward for winning again? Having Marisa not help Reimu solve the problem with our overzealous god on the mountain?
>> No. 12941
[X] Let her pick it up before resuming.
[X] Use the time to start up your next spell card.
-[X] Overwhelm her using your flight speed.
>> No. 12942
[X] Let her pick it up before resuming.
[X] Use the time to start up your next spell card.
-[X] Overwhelm her using your flight speed.

Jesus Christ, that was creepy.
>> No. 12943
[x] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.

She's already used her Master Spark, as her third card. We don't want her to use anything worse, considering she has one last card to play. That Hakkero will be the end of us.

We got hit once by it, and we can't take another. We still have two spellcards. We need to make this count. If we win where Aya fails, we'll have gained another level in stage-boss.

Just because we trust the voice in battle, does not mean we have to trust it with everything. And we'd really be running away, but from the plot devices. Let's take her out quickly, and face our demons head on.
>> No. 12944
[ ] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway
>> No. 12945
[x] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.

What part of hitting the Hakkero is 'fighting dirty'? Taking the weapon away from the enemy is a basic tactic. Would it be 'playing dirty' if she knocked out his sword?
Besides, they're intruders. This' isn't a game: it's a fight.
Last but not least, with that reactor, she can still use her 'Loving Heart - Double Spark' or 'Magicannon - Final Spark' Any of those will take him out immediately, since he couldn't even dodge a single Master Spark.
>> No. 12946
[Q] Let her pick it up before resuming.

Be honorable, and screw that voice.
>> No. 12947
[ ] Let her pick it up before resuming.

Fuck you head voice.
>> No. 12948
[x] Let her pick it up before resuming.
>> No. 12949
[x] Let her pick it up before resuming.
>> No. 12950
[x] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.

Christ, the way this vote is going we're going to get our asses kicked.
>> No. 12951
[x] Let her pick it up before resuming.

While I agree that pressing the attack without letting her recover her weapon would be a good move, I'd rather not have Mikio get dependant on random voices in his head. If he starts blindly following them, they may one day ask him to do something terrible, like kill a friend or something.
>> No. 12952
[X] Let her pick it up before resuming.
[X] Use the time to start up your next spell card.
-[X] Overwhelm her using your flight speed.
>> No. 12953
>>12951
The voice may be helping him, but he keeps telling it to shut up. The more we listen, the more probable it is to find out what or who the voice is. It's not good to stray from the plot.

Besides, we're not going to be railroaded into a bad decision. We can stop him if he gets too dependent on the voice, which I doubt will happen. He's a good warrior; there are just some things he can't go up against.

This is really the only incident we've been a large part of. I doubt we're going to be part of the ones ahead of us. We may as well have some impact on our own turf.
>> No. 12954
[x] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.
What >>12953 said.
>> No. 12955
[0] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>> No. 12956
[x] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.

(PROXY WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>> No. 12957
[x] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.

(PROXY WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>> No. 12959
[x] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.

(PROXY WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>> No. 12960
>>12953

Thing is, there's the matter of Mikio's character since I don't think fighting dirty is something he usually does. This one moment might be passed off as a slip up, but if we keep on going, we might damage our sense of honor. (And remarks of "And I thought he was such a good boy" from various folks)

And you speak as if he won't play a part of SWR or SA (games that Aya had a nice role in) and being something of an assistant to Aya and an incident investigator, Mikio will most likely get mixed up in them as well.

>>12934
Yes, and I think this line of thinking is anything but honorable.

>>12950
There's worse things than losing, such a damaging our character in the eyes of others.

I don't think Master Ogata raised Mikio to be dishonorable.

And Aya is just trying to put on a good show, since as far as she's concerned, Reimu's the answer to the Kanako problem.

So for Mikio he's going to put on a good show regardless, but we don't want word getting out of the mountain that we're a dishonorable, since I think general opinion of Mikio is a nice good boy.
>> No. 12961
[x] Let her pick it up before resuming.
>> No. 12965
>>12960
>"And I thought he was such a good boy"
Stop watching crappy anime. We're not murderers or vandalists, anyway.

This isn't fighting dirty. The mountain is being invaded, we're defending it. This isn't a friendly duel. When in battle, you utilize all tactics and take every opportunity presented to you. There's no such thing as fighting dirty under these circumstances. Marisa is using a fucking canon, and we have nothing but a flimsy sword. We may be a "good boy" otherwise, but right now we're a Tengu warrior and should be playing the part. A lot of Gensokyans are able to use danmaku without needing items to help them; Marisa shows she's no different. If you really think it's a matter of honor, then our last spell card will be one without using our sword.

I didn't say that he wouldn't play a part in SWR or SA. I'm saying he probably won't play as big a role as in this one. It will be the same as IN or IaMP; we stick our nose into these incidents, we have a battle, we get ignored or run away. This is our chance to kick ass and take names. This is our stage, and we will defend it.

It's because we're not a bad person that proving our skill would more than likely help us in gaining a bigger role in the next incidents. Giving your enemies a fair chance to run roughshod over you and take control is not something the top players do. Just because this is something left for Reimu to deal with, doesn't mean we have to be a pincushion to her friend to complete our objective. If it's possible to win, why not go for it? Why not achieve victory quickly to ensure you've done your job? Why turn the other cheek, to have your dignity trampled on, and let down your comrades?
>> No. 12966
[x] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.
>> No. 12967
[x] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.

Victory at any cost. They're invaders, after all.
>> No. 12968
[+] Let her pick it up before resuming.
The "us vs. them" mentality isn't helping anything, really.
And that "helpful" voice is getting too antagonistic. I don't trust it, and neither should Mikio.
>> No. 12969
File 126022089811.png- (50.97KB , 219x200 , Dark Faiz.png ) [iqdb]
12969
[x] Let her pick it up before resuming.

Sorry 'mystery voice', Mikio's not listening to you anymore.
>> No. 12971
>>12965
>>12967

you're overlooking the fact that it's not the Tengu they're really after, but the Goddess that is at the moment hellbent on waging War on the rest of the mountain.

As far as enemies go, Reimu and Marisa are the lesser evils. (Even Aya knows this much and that's why she isn't going to try her hardest)

You two are acting like Reimu and Marisa are hell bent on burning the mountain to the ground.

And there's a difference between a fair show of skill and a dirty brawl. I doubt Mikio'd like it much if Marisa played keep away with his sword.
>> No. 12972
[X] Let her pick it up before resuming.

I don't know, if we lose here we might just get dropped into the forest. And then we'd have more time with the Aki sisters if they managed to find us. Wishful thinking, I know, but I'm just trying to bring some new elements into this tired old argument.
>> No. 12973
>I don't think fighting dirty is something he usually does

Mikio never fought in a fight he had much chance to win to begin with. Most battles he won were because of plot.
>>12968

No one trusts the voice, not ven Mikio, but he knows that it's more profitable to listen to it.
>>12971

They are still invaders. Not only that, but lso failing to defend your territory is a gret shame. Aya may think reimu is helping, but who is she to go against the supreme leader of the tengu, Lord Tenma? Losing when you had the perfect opportunity to achieve certain victory and fail an important mission, ordered by the lord himself to you, is much, much worse than "fighting dirty".
>> No. 12975
>>12972

Don't the Aki sisters live closer to the Youkai Forest? The fight is currently taking place on the moutain and it's vegetation. Losing will just have Mikio fainting on Tengu territory.

Also, think about it man. Marisa and Reimu simply stepped on the siters as if they were just random youkai instead of Goddess. Wouldn't it be nice to tell them that you defeated one of the two 'vile and ungrateful humans'?
>> No. 12978
>>12973

... have you read Aya's MoF profile? It notes rather clearly that normally invaders would be dealt with by the tengu's military force, but Tenma sent Aya to engage Reimu and Marisa specifically because she was a member of the newsforce, and something of a public relations agent; he was counting on her to exercise her own judgment when it came to the "invaders." This is the one instance in which "failing to defend the mountain" is perfectly acceptable if it leads a good outcome; there's literally no shame in losing here, especially if we put forth a decent effort, which we have.
>> No. 12979
>>12977
>Even if we fought as low and dirty worse than said humans ever did?
>Reimu
>Marisa
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

There's nothing fair about this fight. Whatever tricks she has can't be as bad as a canon or similar that requires the Hakkero. We can't take another hit from something like that.

The camera is not a weapon. We don't need our sword to continue dueling. We're not playing keep away, we're making sure she can't use it any longer during this battle. Of course we're going to give it back to her once it's over.
>> No. 12980
>>12973
>>12975

Even if we fought as low and dirty worse than said humans ever did?

And failure is not doing anything to stop them, not trying to fight them fairly and failing.

And chances are Marisa has a few tricks up her sleeves even without that tool.

And she might want to get it back because it's a precious object to her in addition to her favorite tool?

Imagine how Mikio would feel if Marisa was playing keep away with his camera, given to him by Aya.

>>12979

How would she know that if we're playing so dirty?

And it's a precious belonging, a keepsake with a use.

And it's too soon to assume that Marisa is helpless without it. And it's not officially stated that she even really uses it in battle (it's mainly a fanon creation that she uses it like that)

And Reimu and Marisa generally are very straightforward in their resolutions, just overpowering their foes.
>> No. 12981
>>12980
Know what? We're not going to destroy it. We're not going to keep it.

>And it's too soon to assume that Marisa is helpless without it.
Never said she was. However it would even the playing field if it helps her at all.

She's done nothing but char the mountain so far. We have a duty to protect it, lest she burns the entire thing to the ground.
>> No. 12982
>“But do not let them pass,” a third councilman adds.

[X] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.

Pulling out all the stops, as ordered. Besides, how is disarming someone 'fighting dirty'?
>> No. 12983
>>12982

Who to say that Lord Tenma didn't give a secret message to Aya afterwards?

>>12981
And that's just the haphazard nature of her spells.

I wonder if the Tengu consider humans particularly despicable as some Oni do due to how low they'd go to win.

Sure Suika and Yuugi are amiable about the whole human matter, but I think some Oni despise humans for their trickery.

Fighting dirty/keeping one's weapon away is a VERY HUMAN to do.

in short this might out Mikio as a human more obviously than his mask falling off.
>> No. 12986
>>12983
You're not even making any fucking sense.

How low they'd go to win? Like Reimu and Marisa running over innocents just because they're bored? Picking fights just because they can? Said Oni beating the shit out of humans who never really stood a chance?

We have a goddess who wants to rule over Gensokyo and spread her influence against everyone's will. That's human. Every incident we've been in was with someone wishing to cause others harm for their own selfish desires. You won't find much here that isn't human.

You want to talk about trickery? How about compassion? Humans would not have been able to survive without their wit. Oni, youkai; they don't give a shit.

Disarming someone of their weapon is a very warrior-like thing to do. You don't give an axe back to a murderer just because he dropped it. This isn't a game, we're not sparring, and we're not playing "keep away". The object of the fight - of any fight - is to make sure the goal is met.

Fighting dirty is bringing a canon to a sword-fight. Fighting dirty is destroying the mountain because you're getting pissy. Fighting dirty is what Marisa does, and we're bringing this back to even terms.
>> No. 12987
>>12965
>Stop watching crappy anime.
That's the evening news, not anime.
"He was always real quiet."
"Kept to himself a lot."
"He always said hi to me."
"I can't believe it was him."
and so on.
>> No. 12988
>>12983
Are you that jackass who was posting in The Game that kept stating personal theories and then building off of it as though it were fact?

Cut that shit out.
>> No. 12989
I say let her pick it up, then through some sort of story induced bout of valor, make like the moonbitch and cut through that damn thing.
>> No. 12990
>>12986

Then why does the choice you're supporting say:

>Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.

Mmm?
>> No. 12992
For some reason, I have the odd urge to post a bunch of pictures along with the lyrics to We Will Rock You to finish off the thread, except I'm too busy pretending to be drunk to do so.
>> No. 12993
[ ] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.

It's wrong to listen to this voice. We all know it.

But this isn't a friendly duel. This isn't playfighting. This is our mountain.

Get.
The fuck.
Off.
Our.
Mountain.
>> No. 12994
>>12988

Did you see this post?

>>12978

That's pretty canon to me.
>> No. 12995
[B] Let her pick it up before resuming.
>> No. 12996
>>12992
Get back to work Norseman.
>> No. 12997
[x] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.
>> No. 12998
>>12990
Don't play that bullshit card, it doesn't work.

It's one of two given choices.

Half of us obviously believe we're not fighting dirty. Fighting dirty can be a blanket comment when only one participant is doing it. It's also safe to say that if we don't do all we can, we're going to get taken out by a dirty fighter.
>> No. 12999
>>12987
What news are you watching? I haven't heard something like that on the news in years.

It's become something more of a cliche. That's why I assumed it was an anime reference.
>> No. 13000
>>12998

Yeah next think you know you'd be voting for the "finish her" choice if it comes up with your "She's a evil invader durr"

Nice way to make J to the E proud, like a real marine.
>> No. 13002
[X] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.

Obligation, etc. We're supposed to keep them from passing, so that's what we should try to do, no matter what it takes. Also, as others have said before, Marisa was leveling parts of the mountain with her sparks. I personally do not want to see what will happen when she starts bringing out the big guns.
>> No. 13003
>>13000
>finish her
We don't have to take her out, just survive her last spell card, or break her shield. Or give her the chance to forfeit.

>durr
>J to the E
You're insulting me now? You think I'm an idiot? You think I'm a bad person because I don't agree with your opinions?

How Christian of you. Get the fuck out.
>> No. 13004
>>13003
Once Reimu is done with Aya and of course we win the fight against Marisa, Reimu will give us her full concentration.
>> No. 13005
[x] Stop her before she can get to it. You’re already fighting dirty, anyway.

Feeling dastardly tonight.
>> No. 13006
>>13003
Quit getting your panties in a bunch, nublet.
>> No. 13007
wat.

Holy crap, there's gotta be votespam in there.
>> No. 13008
>>13007
Take your time, man. Excellence should not be rushed.
>> No. 13009
>>12983
>Who to say that Lord Tenma didn't give a secret message to Aya afterwards?

Because tht's extremely stupid and ridiculate thing. It's also poor plot.

Why the fuck would he give the 'secret message' to Aya but not to Mikio if he wanted to let the intruders pass? Why the fuck would he even send a 'secret message'? HE'S THE MOTHERFUCKING LORD TENMA! If he wanted to letReimu and Marisa pass, he would have said so in front of everybody and wouldn't have sent Aya&Mikio to fight them off.

Also, who's to say he didn't send another secret message to Aya saying he changed his mind and don't want her to let the invaders pass? And that she should also wear that sexy panties and thighighs the same night and go to his room? See how stupid what you suggested is?
>> No. 13010
Straight from Aya's MoF profile:

>This time around, she got word from the white wolf tengu that an intruder had entered the mountain. Normally, the white wolf tengu are charged by the great tengu with patrolling the mountain, and conducting negotiations and defensive operations.

>However, in this case, the great tengu decided to call on this member of the information media to conduct negotiations. Cocking her head to one side in doubt, she headed to the scene of the event, where her confusion was immediately dispelled.

>The intruder was one of the girls she was always covering in her newspaper.

>In other words, the great tengu understood that Aya had the most in-depth knowledge of the intruder, and had the best chance of being told outright what the intruder's aim was.

>Aya went easy on the intruder, put on a show of vigorously defending herself, and purposefully lost. After all, if she let the intruder enter the mountain without putting up a fight, she would likely be suspected of being an accomplice to the humans.

>Aya pretended to lose to the humans, and guided them to the mysterious shrine that had appeared recently. She reported to her superiors that the intruders had no business with the tengu society, but were instead interested in the troublesome, enigmatic shrine that had appeared of late.

>Her superiors took in her report, and then commended Aya for turning around a potential threat into an opportunity.

>They then ordered her subordinate Inubashiri to supplement her ceaseless observation of the humans by going to investigate the mysterious shrine.

Aya put on a show and lost on purpose, and was summarily rewarded for the fact. That's what we ought to be doing right now. This isn't the life-or-death dramatic final showdown that you're making it out to be. This is a battle in which the winning move is to lose.
>> No. 13011
>>12978
>something of a public relations agent; he was counting on her to exercise her own judgment when it came to the "invaders."

I do believe that's more because he knew that Reimu/Marisa were the invaders and that no one has a chance against them. He sent Aya probably hoping that she would be able to change their mind and leave the mountain. And since Aya knows this-and-that about everyone in Gensokyo, she knew Reimu/Marisa wouldn't change her mind no matter what and staged a spellcard duel, so she wouldn't be punished for letting them pass. Note that one of the councilman said to not engage them if possible(though that's ruled over by the "do not let them pass" of the other councilman).

But now, the orders were to not let them pass. The games don't say much about Tenma or what he told her, but in here, the CYOA, he and the rest of the council ordered to not let them pass.
>> No. 13012
>>13011

From the post directly above yours. The one quoting Aya's MoF profile.

>In other words, the great tengu understood that Aya had the most in-depth knowledge of the intruder, and had the best chance of being told outright what the intruder's aim was.

In other words, they were relying on Aya's experience to figure out how to deal with the situation.

Regardless, here, in this CYOA, one councilman ordered us not to let them pass; another ordered us not to engage if possible, and Tenma, the one with the most authority only ordered us to uncover the intruders' objectives. A lone councilman whose opinion conflicted with another's, and whose command didn't even consider what Tenma's command might uncover, doesn't exactly seem like the most important authority.
>> No. 13013
>>13010
>>13012
It's not like we can't just kick her ass and then let her go, if that's what Aya thinks is best. She's still our superior, but we don't know what she's about to do, so we are technically still in the right.

The terms of Marisa losing could be "You may help Reimu, but do not continue destroying the mountain willy-nilly." It would also take her down a peg from that high-chair of hers; maybe teach her not to go around knocking off people's masks just because she's curious instead of listening to reason.
>> No. 13014
>>13012
>A lone councilman whose opinion conflicted with another's, and whose command didn't even consider what Tenma's command might uncover, doesn't exactly seem like the most important authority.
I disagree. If Tenma had disapproved of that order, he would have said something; he is, as has been noted, the motherfucking Lord Tenma, so overriding it should be well within his power.

>>12983
>>12990
>>13000
Christ, are you going to bitch and moan in every CYOA I like? Take your idiotic, semi-literate posts and get the fuck out.
>> No. 13015
>>13014

You're assuming that his powers as Lord is absolute as opposed to controlled by the council.

And as >>13012 said, the consensus was to confront them, not so much what to do afterward (differing opinions)

>>13010
Seeing how this story follows canon for the most part, chances are this is still Aya's plan.

If you look at the past incidents things have gone as originally planned.
>> No. 13016
>>13012
She can tell him her objectives when she's defetead.
What? You thought that they would sit down, eat some Oreos and explain everything after they kick his ass? No, Marisa would just fly past him like he were a fucking fairy and keep going into the mountain.
Aya's true objective doesn't matter. The canon information in her profile doesn't matter. The fact that they are aiming at the shrine and will not damage Tengu's territory any further doesn't matter. All that is meta-knoweldge, useless at this point.

This isn't a choice regarding if fighting then or not is a good idea. This' a choice regarding how to win that fight. As of right now, his objective is to uncover their motives. They started to attack after fucking greeting them so he has all the right, nay, the obligation, to beat the crap outta those two, by any means necessary. For all he knows, he's what's standing between his homeland and two gung-ho lunatics.
>> No. 13018
>>13012
>they were relying on Aya's experience to figure out how to deal with the situation

Uh, what does that has to do with what >>13012 said?

Also, is it not possible to discover what the intruders want without letting them pass? What kind of logic is that?

>one councilman ordered us not to let them pass

An absolute order. Not in regards to authority, but in execution. There is no "if" or exceptions.
>another ordered us not to engage if possible

Not an absolute order, note the "if possible". There are conditions which can negate the order of "not engaging". A plausible condition is the order of "do not let pass". It would be possible to turn the invaders away diplomatically in order to obey both orders, but this is Gensokyo and the invader is a pissed off Reimu.
>Tenma, the one with the most authority only ordered us to uncover the intruders' objectives.

Secondary objective. Can be done with any of the other two orders. Considering the "do not let" is a plausible condition to ignore "do not engage", the complete mission would be to discover what the fuck the invaders want without letting them pass.



And honestly, Reimu is going to reach the shrine one way or another. Why must Marisa go with her? If you want to let someone pass so much, why don't you let Reimu go alone instead of Reimu and Marisa? One of them is enough, two is overkill. Think of poor Sanae; she will have to fight the two of them alone, just like Nitori! And she had so few time to prepare and train danmaku...you guys are the heartless ones here.
>> No. 13020
>>13018

>Direct order from Tenma, Lord of the Tengu

>Secondary objective

... no. Just... no.

Tenma is the single highest authority among all tengu. A direct order from Tenma overrides a councilman any day of the week.

There's no reason not to let both go by except for a misplaced sense of pride; one that somehow overlooks the fact that removing your opponent's means of using spell cards violates the spirit of a danmaku duel in the first place.
>> No. 13021
Do you people who are voting to "stay honorable" not care about the forest? This is Mikio's and many others' home and right now Marisa is threatening to level it. Putting the debate on what is the right thing to do based on orders for a second, are we really willing to let innocent bystanders suffer and/or lose their homes due to our desire to be "honorable" in a fight?
>> No. 13022
>>13020

Then why not doing both orders? Why do you want to do only one?

And Marisa can doesn't need the hakkero to use spellcards. She has many other cards and is strong enough to use them with her own power. The hakkero is just going to burn Mikio to ashes with another Spark to the face.
>> No. 13026
I stopped being able to tell who the retard poster really was and now I no longer care.
>> No. 13031
Votes counted, proxy votes ignored. Will write now.
>> No. 13033
File 126032623422.png- (478.00KB , 895x633 , 1258915747462.png ) [iqdb]
13033
>>12955>>12956>>12957>>12959
And this is why I love the new "Search by IP" function.

We'll be doing random checks from now on, don't expect to get away with this shit for months anymore.
>> No. 13034
File 126032711829.jpg- (166.87KB , 640x465 , f0ee0da17cc8bfbddff6fcdba111bcfce3049ece.jpg ) [iqdb]
13034
Boom boom whack!
Boom boom whack!
Boom boom whack!
Boom boom whack!



[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x