[Return]
Archived Thread
File 125333618019.jpg - (38.35KB , 397x466 , morgan.jpg ) [iqdb]
1703 No. 1703
"BUZZ!"

"Alright! I'm coming already. Hold on a sec -"

So persistent! Who would be coming to see me anyway? It was a weekend, and I didn't expect visitors. I had half the mind to tell the person off if it was some salesperson. I just wasn't in the mood for this stupid shi -

"Oh," I muttered. "It's just you."

Morgan only half-smiled in reply as he stepped inside. I couldn't help but feel that something was strange. Usually, he would grin stupidly like a Cheshire Cat, regardless of the mood. His default facial expression was that smile of his. But today, he seemed distracted, and even his grin looked forced. And, wait a sec..

"Hey! Don't just walk in here uninvited!"

He turned around and stared at me for a moment.

"Close the door," he said suddenly. "We need to talk."

For some reason, I had a really bad feeling. I quickly closed the door behind me. I didn't feel like letting the neighbors overhear the discussion.

"Talk about what? This is my valuable weekend time. If it isn't anything urgent, let's just catch up on Monday. I don't really have the time for this."

Morgan sighed loudly.

"I really didn't want to get you involved," he said. "But we have a problem right now."

He sounded dead serious. I wasn't sure how to react. So I didn't say anything.

"..."

A moment of silence passed. Then, everything got more complicated.

"Brother Alex? Who is he?"

Cherry yawned sleepily as she pointed at Morgan. I covered my face with my palm.

"Err.. how do I explain this.."

Morgan kept a perfectly calm face as he appraised my sister. Then, he turned to me. He wasn't smiling anymore.

"I was wrong," he said. "We have two problems."

[ ] Start with Morgan's problem.
[ ] Start with Cherry's problem.
[ ] Start with your problem. Forget it.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 1708
[x] Start with Cherry's problem.
>> No. 1709
[ ] Start with Morgan's problem.
>> No. 1716
[X] Start with Morgan's problem.

We know Cherry's problem already: amnesia. And I somehow have a feeling that Morgan's problem may blast through our door anytime now.
>> No. 1719
[X] Start with Morgan's problem.
[X] Ask why Cherry is a problem.

Slight tweak.
>> No. 1721
[X] Start with Morgan's problem.
[X] Ask why Cherry is a problem.

Better worded indeed.

I wonder just how many Gensokyo folks are running around in the real world anyways...
>> No. 1722
[X] Start with Morgan's problem.
[X] Ask why Cherry is a problem.
>> No. 1729
[X] Start with Morgan's problem.
[X] Ask why Cherry is a problem.
>> No. 1731
[X] Start with Morgan's problem.
[X] Ask why Cherry is a problem.

Why is the unavailable option always the best?
>> No. 1743
File 125340387145.jpg- (120.51KB , 611x679 , upgraded_your_shanghai.jpg ) [iqdb]
1743
Ten minutes later, I found myself seated at my little dining room/kitchen. Morgan said nothing as he stared thoughtfully into his cup. Then, he took a sip of his tea. As he put it down, he gave me a weak smile.

"This isn't very good," he said.

"It's what I got," I replied. "If you want Earl Grey, then go to a cafe."

"Hey, don't get mad. I'm just being honest."

I sighed loudly as I sipped my own tea. It was even more tasteless than usual. Morgan and I were the only ones here. Cherry was back in my room. I left her with the TV and a bag of chips. That should keep her occupied so we could talk.

"Why did you want to talk to me alone?" I asked.

Morgan smiled.

"You really should come up with a better lie to explain that girl's presence. If anyone checked your family records, they would have found out the truth pretty easily. And I don't have to explain what would happen if the police were involved, do I?"

"...when did you find out?"

"From the beginning. You are a pretty bad liar, Alex. Plus, she looks too cute to be your real sister. If I didn't know any better, you were just asking to get caught. Did you even think about the consequences of lying to an amnesiac girl like that?"

"Shut up. It seemed like a good idea at the time."

"How exactly was this a good idea?"

"She couldn't remember anything," I said defensively. "She was starting to panic, and I had to tell her something to calm her down. I didn't know what else to do."

Morgan sighed quietly to himself.

"Her name was Cherry, was it?" he said. "Did you come up with that all by yourself?"

> Chernobyl

Ugh. What was that? Something flashed in my mind again.

"Alex?"

I quickly shook the confusion away.

"Ermine," I whispered. "Cherry was the name of my pet ermine."

"Oh. I didn't know you kept a pet."

"I left it back home with my sister. This apartment wouldn't allow pets."

"Ah, so you do have a sister," he said. "Is she cute?"

"Shut up, you idiot."

"Ha ha ha! Just kidding! Take it easy."

Some of Morgan's old smile was coming back as he laughed. I felt a little more at ease.

"Why are you here?" I finally said. "You mentioned something about a problem?"

He didn't answer right away. For a few seconds, he just stared at the bottom of his teacup. He looked like he was in deep thought.

"The rules that govern this side are very different. Even we aren't very sure about how to handle the different nuances. Generally, those from our side have to take several precautions before visiting. But even then, there have been some close calls these past few days. It will be too risky for everyone involved if this becomes public knowledge."

"... what?"

"It is difficult to explain, but I will attempt to describe the scenario in words you can understand. I can try to make it simpler, if you prefer that."

[ ] "Tell me the truth."
[ ] "Tell me what I need to know."
[ ] "I'm not getting involved in this."
[ ] "Get out of my house."
[ ] Custom
>> No. 1750
[x] "Tell me the truth."
[x] "Tell me what I need to know."
[x] Also tell him where the name "Cherry" came from.
>> No. 1751
[x] "Tell me the truth."
[x] "Tell me what I need to know."
[x] Also tell him where the name "Cherry" came from.
>> No. 1755
[x] "Tell me the truth."
[x] "Tell me what I need to know."
[x] Also tell him where the name "Cherry" came from.
>> No. 1767
[x] "Tell me the truth."
[x] "Tell me what I need to know."
[x] Also tell him where the name "Cherry" came from.

>>"The rules that govern this side are very different. Even we aren't very sure about how to handle the different nuances. Generally, those from our side have to take several precautions before visiting. But even then, there have been some close calls these past few days. It will be too risky for everyone involved if this becomes public knowledge."

In before he says his name is really Rinnosuke.
>> No. 1768
File 125341270555.jpg- (497.58KB , 1125x1313 , touhou_magic.jpg ) [iqdb]
1768
"Just tell me the truth and what I need to know."

Morgan raised an eyebrow at me.

"You probably won't like it. You might not even believe it."

"Try me," I said.

He stared thoughtfully for a moment.

"Very well," he said. "Listen closely."

Morgan put his teacup down and looked me straight in the eye.

"I am not from this world."

I wasn't sure how to react.

"I come from a different place - a world where magic and legend are reality. There, the world follows different rules. Humans can learn how to fly, use magic, or even bend time and space. Other supernatural beings live side by side with them, some helpful and some harmful. Magical duels and world moving incidents are common events. Even technology works differently in our world."

"... huh? Are you saying that you are an alien?"

Morgan paused for a moment.

"That is not entirely incorrect, but I think you misunderstand. To the humans of this world, we would be considered wizards, heretics or even monsters. In this world, your people would consider us as 'Outsiders'."

"Ah! So you are espers?"

"Well, some of us are. Like myself. But that doesn't really apply to all of us."

I frowned hard at him.

"You are an esper?"

He smiled.

"Yes, that is correct."

Oh, wow. Where was I going to start...

[ ] "..."
[ ] "Wait, what?"
[ ] "You are insane."
[ ] "Show me your ability."
[ ] "Do you have any proof?"
[ ] "Is Cherry an 'Outsider' too?"
[ ] "What does this have to do with me?"
[ ] "How many 'Outsiders' are in the city?"
[ ] "How can I help Cherry recover her memory?"
[ ] "I've heard enough."
[ ] "Get out of my house!"
[ ] Custom
>> No. 1773
[x] "Do you have any proof?"
[x] "Is Cherry an 'Outsider' too?"
[x] "What does this have to do with me?"
[x] "How many 'Outsiders' are in the city?"
[x] "How can I help Cherry recover her memory?"

Asking Rinnosuke's ability is useless since its' so mundane.

I think for proof, Cherry will be it.

I think all our suspicions would be comfirmed
>> No. 1774
[X] "..."
[X] "Is Cherry an 'Outsider' too?"
[X] "What does this have to do with me?"
[X] "How many 'Outsiders' are in the city?"
[X] "How can I help Cherry recover her memory?"
>> No. 1775
[x] "..."
[x] "Is Cherry an 'Outsider' too?"
[x] "What does this have to do with me?"
[x] "How many 'Outsiders' are in the city?"
[x] "How can I help Cherry recover her memory?"
>> No. 1776
[x] "Do you have any proof?"
[x] "Is Cherry an 'Outsider' too?"
[x] "What does this have to do with me?"
[x] "How many 'Outsiders' are in the city?"
[x] "How can I help Cherry recover her memory?"
>> No. 1781
[ ] "..."
[ ] "Is Cherry an 'Outsider' too?"
[ ] "What does this have to do with me?"
[ ] "How many 'Outsiders' are in the city?"
[ ] "How can I help Cherry recover her memory?"
>> No. 1788
File 125342612343.jpg- (137.46KB , 850x637 , utsuho_ability.jpg ) [iqdb]
1788
"You are an esper?"

Morgan smiled.

"Yes, that is correct."

"..."

"You don't believe me?"

I covered my face with my palm. This was completely ridiculous. I suspected this before, but now I was quite sure of it. Rin Morgan was insane. Or stupid. Or both.

"Forgive my skepticism," I said. "But frankly, this all sounds like crazy talk."

He just kept smiling.

"Why don't you prove that you are an esper?"

I passed him my half-finished cup of tea. It was already lukewarm.

"Reheat that cup with your power or something."

He shook his head and shrugged.

"My powers don't work that way, unfortunately. And even if they did, they would be severely weakened due to the nature of the rules of this world. Magic isn't supposed to exist here, after all."

"So you can't demonstrate your esper ability?"

"Not right now, no," he explained. "For the most part, we 'Outsiders' cannot use our full strength here in your world. In fact, most humans and youkai cannot express their special abilities here without help."

"Youkai?"

"Magical and legendary beings," he said. "It takes an extraordinary amount of power to use any magical ability in your world. If the average inhabitant from our world ended up here, he would be reduced to an ordinary human almost immediately."

"So you say that you come from another world, but you can't use your powers here. And right now, you are no different from ordinary humans like us..."

"Precisely."

I covered my face with my palm again. This was going nowhere. Maybe I should have asked something else. I thought to myself for a moment.

"Would Cherry be an 'Outsider' too?"

Morgan cleared his throat.

"Yes," he said. "Yes, she is. How did you guess?"

"Why don't we ask her to demonstrate her ability? I'll have an easier time believing this if I see some proof."

He gave me a worried look.

"That would be a very bad idea, Alex. Her ability is really dangerous."

"Huh?"

"In any case, she probably doesn't even remember how to use it. That would be a good thing in this situation."

"Never mind. What does this all have to do with me, anyway?"

He paused before answering.

"Your circumstances are... unique," he said. "And due to those circumstances, I believe that you will end up getting deeply involved in these matters. The fact that Cherry is here right now is proof that it has already begun."

"Circumstances?"

He gave me a sad smile.

"Classified information," he said.

For some reason, I felt like smacking him right then and there. But instead, I threw out another question.

"How many 'Outsiders' are in the city?"

"The exact numbers are classified, but there are several other registered individuals besides myself."

"Registered individuals?"

"Classified information."

"Jackass."

Morgan just chuckled in reply.

"Let's pretend that I believe you. The obvious problem now is Cherry. She is one of you 'Outsiders', and she somehow ended up here. How are we supposed to get Cherry to recover her memories?"

He paused for almost a minute before speaking.

"I'm not sure," he said finally. "If she used the proper channels, then she should have crossed over without any problems. However, she clearly has amnesia. I doubt if we can get anything useful from her if we just ask..."

He looked like he was deep in thought. I wasn't sure what to say next.

[ ] Custom
>> No. 1789
K has logged in.

> "This one is tricky."
> "Hmm..."
> "I wonder if there were clues earlier?"
> "In any case, you should have a better idea"
> "Of what's happening by now."
> "Honestly, I'm not sure of the best choice at this point."
> "But if you were to ask me"
> "I can see some options:"

[ ] Stay with Cherry and look for a way to recover her memory.
[ ] Offer to go with Morgan and investigate the incidents.
[ ] Walk around town and search for clues on your own.
[ ] Focus on finding the answer online.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 1793
[X] Stay with Cherry and look for a way to recover her memory.
>> No. 1794
[X] Stay with Cherry and look for a way to recover her memory.
>> No. 1796
[X] Stay with Cherry and look for a way to recover her memory.
[x] Ask Morgan if he could check back with information connected to her when he finds it.
[x] Offer to look up information for him when you can.

He may have his own business, but I'm sure he'll turn up something useful. And his task might be quite dangerous.
>> No. 1797
[X] Stay with Cherry and look for a way to recover her memory.
[x] Ask Morgan if he could check back with information connected to her when he finds it.
[x] Offer to look up information for him when you can.
>> No. 1801
[X] Stay with Cherry and look for a way to recover her memory.
>> No. 1805
[X] Hire a lawyer because Tanigawa is gonna sue our ass off.
>> No. 1808
File 125349126510.png- (96.81KB , 522x650 , utsuho.png ) [iqdb]
1808
I spoke my thoughts aloud before I could stop myself.

"I'm staying with Cherry. She needs help, and I can't just leave her alone."

Morgan gave me a strange look. I quickly cleared my throat.

"Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not saying that I believe any part of your crazy story. All I want is for her to recover her memory and return to her family. I'm not interested at all in you 'Outsiders' or this 'other world'."

He nodded politely.

"That is fair enough. I can't expect you to believe me so easily. And if you did, that would be even more suspicious. This response only proves that you are still sane, mostly."

Then, as if having decided something, he stood up and smiled.

"I'll leave her with you then," he said. "If you'll excuse me."

"Wait."

I collected my thoughts before speaking.

"If you find any information connected to her, could you give me a call? I don't mind if you add in a little crazy in the story. As long as you find something that could help, I'd really like to know."

"I'll keep you informed," he said. "You really haven't changed much at all, Alex."

"Changed?"

"Nevermind. That isn't important."

"And how about your problem? You haven't mentioned anything about it."

Morgan paused momentarily.

"I'll find another way to deal with it. You should focus on taking care of that girl."

He gave me a wave as he left the apartment. For some reason, he seemed calmer now. I watched him disappear down the stairs before heading back into my room.

"..."

My stomach grumbled angrily. I took a glance at my watch. It was approaching lunch time.

"I wonder what Cherry would like to eat?" I thought aloud.

There wasn't anything left here. Either I bought supplies for cooking, or I spent a bit more for some food. For now, I still had enough money to take her to a restaurant or have food delivered.

[ ] Head to the convenience store.
[ ] Take her to a restaurant.
[ ] Order something to eat.
[ ] Custom

Optional:
[ ] Specify cuisine.
[ ] Specify location.
>> No. 1809
[x] Head to the convenience store.
-[x] Bring Cherry with you. You can teach her about the things inside.
>> No. 1810
[x] Head to the convenience store.
-[x] Bring Cherry with you. You can teach her about the things inside.
>> No. 1811
[0] Head to the convenience store.
-[1] Bring Cherry with you. You can teach her about the things inside.
>> No. 1812
[x] Head to the convenience store.
-[x] Bring Cherry with you. You can teach her about the things inside.

This should be a cute scene.

I guess he didn't want our help then.
>> No. 1816
[X] Head to the convenience store.
-[X] Bring Cherry with you. You can teach her about the things inside.

Too bad we didn't get a chance to tell him where the name came from. That would've been interesting to see.
>> No. 1817
[X] Head to the convenience store.
-[X] Bring Cherry with you. You can teach her about the things inside.

Moe moe Utsuho.
>> No. 1818
[X] Head to the convenience store.
-[X] Bring Cherry with you. You can teach her about the things inside.
>> No. 1829
File 125358325421.jpg- (97.57KB , 700x550 , okuu.jpg ) [iqdb]
1829
"You can look around if you like, but don't break anything."

Cherry's eyes brightened up as she stared around the store.

"Wow~" she said. "So many strange things!"

On the way to the convenience store, I patiently explained the basics of modern shopping. For some reason, she seemed unfamiliar with a modern transaction. It took quite a while to explain how money is a means of trading for goods you need. I didn't have much left for this month, so I decided to spend wisely. Eating out is expensive, and if this girl was going to stay with me for a while, I had better budget my funds.

"Cucumber health drink? What does that mean?"

I wondered idly if she never visited a convenience store before. Her excited curiousity was dead obvious as she examined the labels of this and that item. However, she knew how to read the labels. And she was familiar with the different parts of a label, such as the ingredients listing and the nutritional value section. Only the price tag was alien to her.

"Ah! So this one has eggs in it. Mmm~"

Her antics attracted the attention of a few other shoppers, but they seemed harmless. I quickly walked around and gathered the needed supplies. After some thought, I decided to buy enough for two people. This should last us a few days. I wasn't comfortable with leaving her alone to cook, but at least this gave us that option.

"Oh!? Somewhat want~"

"Hey Cherry," I called out. "We're finishing up here."

"C-coming, brother," she said.

I ruffled her hair a bit when she arrived.

"Hee hee, that feels nice~"

I smiled. She was pretty well behaved and cute too. I could feel the jealous stares of other single male students all over the shop. It somehow made me feel better. Maybe having a little sister like her wasn't such a bad thing. In fact, maybe I should buy Cherry a treat?

[ ] Ice Cream
[ ] Sweet Bun
[ ] Blueberry Pie
[ ] Chocolate Cake
[ ] Let her to pick out something
[ ] Just head back home
[ ] Custom
>> No. 1830
[ ] Ice Cream
>> No. 1831
[x] Ice Cream
>> No. 1832
[x] Ice Cream

I wonder how she'd like it.
>> No. 1833
[x] Ice Cream
>> No. 1835
[x] Ice Cream
>> No. 1836
[X] Let her to pick out something
>> No. 1838
[X] Sweet Bun

These're cheap, right?
>> No. 1840
[x] Plutonium rod

... What?
>> No. 1841
File 125361968311.png- (301.79KB , 670x600 , utsuho.png ) [iqdb]
1841
"Ah!? It's really cold!"

I nodded at her with approval.

"You don't remember eating this before?"

Cherry shook her head. She stares at her vanilla ice cream carefully.

"Not really," she said. "This looks kinda strange to me. C-can I really eat this?"

She turned back to me nervously.

"It's really good," I said. "This is a great treat during summer."

To encourage her, I quickly took a bite out of my pistachio ice cream. It wasn't as good as those from specialty shops, but the convenience store ice cream was pretty decent. The taste was sweet and refreshing, and the price was just right.

"So, this is supposed to taste good?" Cherry said.

I nodded with a smile.

"W-well, if brother Alex says so..."

She tasted her ice cream cautiously. Then, she closed her eyes. She seemed to be in deep thought. A moment later, she nodded to herself, licked her lips and took a larger bite. Her eyes became full of energy as she enjoyed this newly discovered flavor.

"Do you like it?"

"Mmm~"

We didn't talk much on the way back, as our mouths were full of ice cream. I took a glance at Cherry. She was quickly finishing off the last of her treat. Her face was carefree and innocent.

"Oh!" I said aloud.

I didn't notice until we almost walked by. We were a few steps from the alley where I first found Cherry. Maybe she will remember something if I take her there?

Still, I felt uneasy as we stood there. Ever since we entered the convenience store, I felt like someone was watching us. I expected the feeling to disappear when we stepped out, but it didn't. If we really were being stalked, this might be a problem. I couldn't check behind us. If the person was alerted, I had no idea what he might do next.

[ ] Head straight home.
[ ] Investigate the alley again.
[ ] Confirm if someone is following you.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 1845
[x] Head straight home.
>> No. 1847
[x] Head straight home.

I suspect it's Orin or such checking on her. In that case I think it'd be better to talk with them while our 'sister' is asleep; no need to cause her panic.
>> No. 1848
[X] Investigate the alley again.

Suddenly, a disturbance in the border.
>> No. 1853
[x] Confirm if someone is following you.
>> No. 1854
[X] Confirm if someone is following you.

A quick walk around the block should be all it takes. Besides, anyone following us probably knows we've been in contact with Morgan, so they probably already know that we know we're being followed.
>> No. 1855
[x] Confirm if someone is following you.
>> No. 1857
File 125367503178.jpg- (28.19KB , 300x169 , c501f472ab7f21ab2de84792568c0e16.jpg ) [iqdb]
1857
>>1788
>> No. 1859
[x] Head straight home.
>> No. 1860
[x] Head straight home.
>> No. 1865
adorable nukeraven is adorable
>> No. 1871
[0] Head straight home.
>> No. 1896
[ ] Head straight home.
>> No. 1897
File 125385138834.png- (43.72KB , 710x580 , utsuho.png ) [iqdb]
1897
There was no need to turn paranoid over a gut feeling. Maybe it was just one of the lonely college students. He must be following us, wondering if Cherry was single. He was probably cursing my brotherly luck. I couldn't blame him if he fell for my little sister. After all, she really was very cute. Almost criminally so, even..

"..heh..."

Without realizing it, I was smiling widely to myself. For some reason, it felt good to be with Cherry. There was a strange confidence inside me, and I enjoyed this new feeling. I almost didn't notice someone calling for me.

"B-brother?" she whispered as she tugged at the back of my shirt.

She looked unusually worried. I stopped in my tracks.

"Eh? What's wrong?"

Cherry pointed at the corner. It looked like an ordinary path to me. There were a few non-descript shops and stalls around the area.

"I-I don't want to pass that way," she said.

I looked again at the path. I saw nothing out of the ordinary. I turned back to her and stared blankly.

"Huh?"

"Something feels weird. I don't want to come closer."

"Alright. I guess we'll pass another way."

She sighed in relief and started smiling again. We took another way back home without incident, chatting happily about little things. At the time, I didn't understand what she was afraid of. But I didn't think too much about it, either, as it didn't seem important.

When we arrived I headed straight for the kitchen. I wondered idly about what I should make for lunch.

"Hee hee."

I turned around to see that Cherry had followed me. She has a curious gleam in her eyes.

What should I make for lunch?
[ ] Curry
[ ] Omelette
[ ] Spaghetti
[ ] Beef Stew
[ ] Cherry. Wait, what?
[ ] Custom

What about Cherry?
[ ] Let her watch.
[ ] Teach her how to cook.
[ ] Tell her to stay out of the kitchen.
[ ] Discipline her. Not sure if want.
>> No. 1898
[x] Beef Stew
[x] Teach her how to cook.

Little Sister Okuu is helping you prepare~

Please wait warmly~
>> No. 1899
[X] Curry
[X] Teach her how to cook.

Curry is the least boring to cook of those choices, so it should keep our little sister engaged.
>> No. 1900
File 125385395752.jpg- (30.01KB , 200x296 , cit_tsukihime_ciel_mib.jpg ) [iqdb]
1900
[X] Curry
[X] Teach her how to cook.
>> No. 1901
Discipline her by eating her.
>> No. 1903
[X] Curry
[X] Teach her how to cook.

Though, really, I'd rather eat crow~.
>> No. 1904
>>1901
ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 1905
[0] Beef Stew
[1] Teach her how to cook.
>> No. 1906
[x] Beef Stew
[x] Teach her how to cook.
>> No. 1907
[x] Beef Stew
[x] Teach her how to cook.
>> No. 1910
[x] Beef Stew
[x] Teach her how to cook.
>> No. 1913
[x] Beef Stew
[x] Teach her how to cook.
>> No. 1920
File 125392490638.jpg- (14.30KB , 245x230 , okuu_stew.jpg ) [iqdb]
1920
"Are you done chopping the vegetables?"

"Yep! Will this do, brother Alex?"

I took a moment to inspect Cherry's work. The slices were a little uneven, but it would do. I patted her head encouragingly as I took them and added them into the pot. She giggled and smiled.

"Good work," I said. "Now just watch closely so you can do this on your own next time..."

I patiently took the time to show her how to prepare a stew. She was quite clumsy at first, but her perseverance and hard work was rewarded. Even if it took longer, I made sure that she saw all of the important steps. I also emphasized kitchen safety when using cooking utensils and the stove, as I didn't plan on coming home to a burnt down apartment in the near future. For some reason, I actually enjoyed cooking with her, and I was almost disappointed when we finished.

"So, how does it taste?" I asked.

Cherry took a small spoonful. She closed her eyes and concentrated. I watched her curiously. Very slowly, her mouth started to form a wide, satisfied smile.

"Is it good?"

She nodded vigorously.

"Then don't finish it all," I said. "Your brother's hungry, too."

"M'kay!"

After lunch, she offered to wash the dishes. I headed back to my room, and by reflex, I found myself already seated in front of my computer. I clicked absent-mindedly at the shortcut for my browser. Then, I stared blankly at the screen.

"Huh?"

There was an odd webpage open. I saw three different buttons with labels, but nothing else except a black screen. Well, it didn't seem important so I just chose one without thinking too hard...

[ ] Youkai Analyzer
[ ] Optical Camouflage
[ ] Gauntlets of Oni Strength
>> No. 1922
[x] Youkai Analyzer

Information is far more useful than brute force (and what information we can get, can lead to more on the internet)
>> No. 1923
[x] Optical Camouflage
>> No. 1924
[x] Youkai Analyzer
>> No. 1926
[x] Optical Camouflage
>> No. 1927
[x] Optical Camouflage

Invisibility is worth it.
>> No. 1928
[x] Youkai Analyzer
>> No. 1929
[x] Optical Camouflage
>> No. 1931
[X] Youkai Analyzer
>> No. 1932
[x] Optical Camouflage
>> No. 1936
File 125396337047.png- (43.11KB , 619x340 , powerfist.png ) [iqdb]
1936
[x] Gauntlets of Oni Strength

Sounds good.
>> No. 1938
[X] Youkai Analyzer
>> No. 1939
[x] Optical Camouflage
>> No. 1941
[X] Optical Camouflage
>> No. 1942
[x] Gauntlets of Oni Strength
>> No. 1945
[X] Youkai Analyzer

"He who knows his enemy, and himself well will not be defeated easily. He who knows himself, but not his enemy will have an even chance of victory. He who knows neither himself nor his enemy is bound to suffer defeat in all battles."
>> No. 1977
[X] Youkai Analyzer

We'll use it to analyze youkai. It'll be awesome!
>> No. 1978
[X] Youkai Analyzer

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss.
>> No. 1979
So much for awesome invisibility.

Fuck you glorified scantool.
>> No. 1985
>>1979
You fail to realize the value of knowledge, especially knowledge of weaknesses and habits. That combined with the internet enables us to look up tons of information on what and who they are.
>> No. 1986
>>1985

I understand it just fine. But if push comes to shove and we ever have to fight for some reason we'll pretty much get slaughtered if its in Gensokyo. As far as I know Alex has no powers whatsoever.
>> No. 2017
[x] Optical Camouflage
>> No. 2026
I wish Utsuho were my little sister. ;_;
>> No. 2027
File 12542283651.jpg- (13.19KB , 228x228 , coin.jpg ) [iqdb]
2027
I'll add my vote as well. Let's let fate decide this one...
>> No. 2028
File 12542296332.jpg- (329.22KB , 666x800 , yamame.jpg ) [iqdb]
2028
I opened my eyes slowly. Ugh, my head! It was pounding painfully, but the rest of my body seemed fine. At least, my vision wasn't blurry. I sat myself up and collected my thoughts.

"Looks like I lost..."

Now I remember. I tried to outdrink an Oni in her own game. Yeah, that wasn't a very smart thing to do. I could have drank myself to the grave. Good thing that K's drug worked better than I hoped. Besides a mild hangover, I think I can still move. I surveyed the area. It looked like the Oni brought us inside one of their guest rooms. The decoration and design was somewhat strange, but it was of good taste. It reminded me of those ancient temples I read about in history books.

"Zzz..."

I turned to my left and scratched my head. Yamame was sleeping beside me, still blissfully unconscious. Wait, we were sleeping in the same bed? Yuugi must have accepted that we were a couple when we were introduced. Seems like the Oni didn't suspect any foul play.

Carefully, I got up from the bed and walked beside one of the windows. There wasn't any sun underground, but I saw that there were significantly less lamps lit up. It must be pretty late. There was hardly any Oni around, with the exception of a few who passed out in the streets. Yuugi was nowhere in sight.

> "Welcome back, Alex."

"Ugh, my head."

> "Serves you right, you idiot."

"Shut up, K."

> "Anyway, the festival is already over. This is a good chance to proceed with the mission."

"I need more of those pills.."

> "Stay focused. We need you to get in undetected. Are you still carrying the device?"

"Device? Yeah, I still have it."

> "Good. The battery for optical camouflage is limited, so try use it sparingly. Note that it will only work for one person, so it will be easier if you travel alone."

"Alone?" I repeated.

I took a glance behind me. Yamame was still sleeping peacefully. She was a great help, but maybe I shouldn't involve her in this further. The next part might get dangerous.

> "When you are ready, I'll send you the location of the target."

[ ] Wake Yamame. Take her with you.
[ ] Don't involve her. This is your mission.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 2029
[X] Don't involve her. This is your sneaking mission.
>> No. 2031
[x] Don't involve her. This is your mission.
>> No. 2032
[x] Don't involve her. This is your mission.
>> No. 2033
[x] Don't involve her. This is your mission.
>> No. 2035
[x] Don't involve her. This is your mission.
[x] Leave her a note saying you have some personal business to attend to, and thanking her for her company.

We shouldn't leave her too worried after all.
>> No. 2036
[0] Don't involve her. This is your mission.
>> No. 2039
[x] Don't involve her. This is your mission.
[x] Leave her a note saying you have some personal business to attend to, and thanking her for her company.
>> No. 2049
File 125435341634.jpg- (254.60KB , 724x821 , chireiden.jpg ) [iqdb]
2049
"Are you sure that this is the right place?"

> "Yes. This is the Palace of the Earth Spirits."

"But it doesn't look much like a palace. It just looks like a big house, to me."

> "Don't be fooled by the appearance. That place is a lot more dangerous than it looks."

"Copy that. Are there any obstacles that I should know about?"

> "The Master's pets are numerous and powerful. You should avoid them if you can."

"And the Master?"

> "The Master herself isn't home. You shouldn't worry about her."

"Sounds good. Any intel on where the target is?"

> "Not much data on the exact location, unfortunately. You'll have to search the Palace carefully."

"Understood. I guess I'll head inside."

> "Good luck, Alex."

I looked thoughtfully at the building in the distance. It was a Western-style mansion with countless stained glass windows. The place was surrounded by a thick clay wall, but the front gate was left half-open. I could see a well kept garden in the ground inside. There was no visible sign of movement or life.

"Hmm..."

For some reason, I felt a little uneasy as I stared at the mansion. This was supposed to be the home of the Master, an existence that even demons fear. But right now, the place seemed to be empty.

It was simply too quiet.

[ ] Enter through the front.
[ ] Search for another way in.
[ ] Return to the Ancient City.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 2050
[ ] Search for another way in.
>> No. 2051
[x] Search for another way in.
An open window perhaps?
>> No. 2052
[x] Search for another way in.
>> No. 2053
File 125436361370.jpg- (238.12KB , 450x691 , utsuho.jpg ) [iqdb]
2053
I shook my head. Going through the front entrance seemed reckless. Even if there weren't any guards, the whole scenario smelled like a trap. I needed to find another way inside.

"Hmm.."

For the next few minutes, I walked along the wall of the mansion. I had hoped that there was a back entrance of some sort. However, there were no breaks in the wall at all. I had almost given up when I spotted something odd as I walked along the back wall. Partially hidden among the rocks was a small entrance. There were steps carved into the stone, and they led deeper underground.

As I went down the spiraling steps, I noticed something odd. The air around me was steadily getting warmer. Then, at the bottom of the steps, I found myself in a huge cavern. I saw several pipes and tanks protruding from the cave walls. Did these steps lead to the mansion's furnace room? I felt myself sweating from the heat. Hopefully, I wouldn't encounter anyone working down here.

"But just in case," I whispered to myself.

I activated the optical camouflage device. In a few seconds, I confirmed that I was completely invisible. I hurried down the last few steps. K mentioned that the battery life of this device was short. I couldn't afford to waste time here. I had to find the -

"Foreign substance detected! Upon contamination within the nuclear reactor core, reactor operations are to be halted and the foreign substance eradicated immediately!"

Standing in front of me was a girl dressed in green and white. There was a green ribbon tied in her long raven-black hair. On her right arm was a strange cannon-like apparatus with strange symbols engraved upon it. She had a strange cape hanging from her black feathered wings. Her right foot seemed to be encased in a substance similar to concrete, while her left foot was orbited by strange spheres. She had her cannon-arm raised straight at me.

I froze in shock. Was it all over? Was I going to die here like this?

"Eh?" cried the girl. "There's nothing here! Are the sensors malfunctioning again!?"

The strange winged girl sighed to herself and folded her arms.

"Malfunction... malfunction..."

She closed her eyes and looked like she was doing her best to remember something. A minute later, she started glancing around the room. She looked really worried.

"Oh no! Oh no!" she said. "I can't remember the procedure! Master is going to get mad again!"

The girl fluttered around the room, confused. I don't think she saw me at all. However, something must have alerted her to examine the area. I had better move fast. Some distance away, I saw a small steel door. I could probably escape through that. Hopefully, it led to the mansion proper.

[ ] Head for the steel door.
[ ] Search this cavern carefully.
[ ] Attack the winged girl from behind.
[ ] Turn off your stealth and talk to her.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 2054
[x] Head for the steel door.
>> No. 2055
[x] Pretend to be a spirit sent by her Master to "punish" her.
[x] Bind her arms and legs tightly.
[x] Whisper into her ear, "Just relax."
[x] Have my way with her.

Probably too evil, but I can dream, can't I?
>> No. 2056
[x] Head for the steel door.

>>2055

You are a bad person.
>> No. 2057
[x] Head for the steel door.
>> No. 2058
[x] Head for the steel door.
>> No. 2059
File 125436930866.jpg- (38.49KB , 413x550 , cat.jpg ) [iqdb]
2059
I silently made my way across the cavern. The black-winged girl continued flying around the area, examining valves and pressure tank readings every now and then. As I walked by, I noticed that this room was connected to a larger chamber to the right, but there were a bunch of humanoid shadows moving around in the next room. I quickly shook away my curiosity. I couldn't risk being discovered. Instead, I made my way to the steel door and closed it behind me as I left the hot cavern.

"Phew," I whispered to myself. "The temperature in there can't be healthy."

I looked around. I was in a long hallway lit by torches. There were some stairs going up. I made my way up the steps quickly. Along the walls were decorative etchings and assorted curios. It felt somewhat similar to the buildings at the Ancient City, but more ornate and elegant.

At the top of the steps, I found myself in what seemed to be the entrance hall of the mansion. I could see dozens of stained glass windows. Seemed like everything was going smoothly. All I have to do is avoid being discovered and -

"Mew?"

I tripped over something furry and fell flat on my face. My camouflage was disabled by the impact. I quickly recovered and looked around. No one else was in the hall. I sighed in relief and checked the device. It seemed to be undamaged. I wondered idly on what I had bumped into.

"Mreowr!"

I turned around to see a small black cat hissing angrily at me. It had a few strange red markings on its black fur, and it had two tails. Wait, what? The shadows must have been playing tricks on me. In any case, I better continue on with the search. I still had no idea where the -

"Hiss!"

The cat looked really angry. It looked like it would jump up and scratch my face at any second now.

[ ] Run
[ ] Hide
[ ] Attack
[ ] Ignore
[ ] Capture
[ ] Apologize Nah, it's just a cat.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 2061
[x] Eat
[x] Hide
>> No. 2062
[X] Custom
-[X] Try to calm the cat.
-[X] Pet the cat.

We may not apologise, but we may at least do what most of us would probably do when faced with an angry cat.
At least I hope.
>> No. 2068
[X] Custom
-[X] Try to calm the cat.
-[X] Pet the cat.

>>2053

How can he not recognize his adopted sister? And what a weird time difference.... Two Okuus?
>> No. 2084
>>2068
Two MCs is more likely. I assume that this actually happens before Okuu gets adopted.
>> No. 2085
>>2084

Hard to tell here... but that might be true... how screwy...
>> No. 2086
>>2084

I think this will ultimately be the reason Alex adopted Okuu.
>> No. 2089
[X] Custom
-[X] Try to calm the cat.
-[X] Pet the cat.
>> No. 2091
File 125444095928.jpg- (284.86KB , 819x900 , orin.jpg ) [iqdb]
2091
"Quiet down," I whispered. "Please, calm down!"

"Mreowr!"

It waved its front paw threateningly. Even in the darkness, I could see that it had its claws out. Looking closer, it really did have two tails. Was it a youkai cat?

"Err.. nice kitty. Good kitty~"

"... Hiss!"

If I didn't do something quick, I might get caught by the guards. I had to calm this cat down. If I had some catnip, this would have been a simple task. For now, I had to work with what I got. Which wasn't much.

"Now just relax.. I won't hurt you."

Before it could scratch me, I put my hand on its head and started rubbing it gently. For a moment, it just stood still, as if completely surprised. Then, it slowly lowered its paws and closed its eyes. It seemed to be enjoying it.

"Sorry about earlier. I didn't see you back there."

"..."

"Heh, you're actually pretty cute, aren't you?"

"M-mew?"

I spent a few more minutes petting the cat. Soon, it lay down on the ground and purred contentedly. It was tempting to just stay with the cat, but I still had some unfinished business at this place. I gave it one last pat before standing up. Would the target be here, or perhaps up those stairs at the second floor? Or maybe I should return to the furnace -

"Mew?"

I turned around. It looked like the cat was going to follow me.
[ ] Let it follow me.
[ ] Shoo it away quickly.
[ ] Lock it up in an empty room.
[ ] Activate my optical camouflage.

Where should I search next?
[ ] Return to the furnace room.
[ ] Start investigating the first floor.
[ ] Head up the stairs to the second floor.
>> No. 2092
[x] Let it follow me.
In no way a good idea, but everything else seems worse.

[x] Head up the stairs to the second floor.
Shrug.
>> No. 2096
[x] Let it follow me.
[x] Head up the stairs to the second floor.

Did K reveal what it is that we're looking for?
>> No. 2097
[x] Let it follow me.
[x] Head up the stairs to the second floor.
>> No. 2098
[x] Let it follow me.
[x] Head up the stairs to the second floor.
>> No. 2099
[x] Activate my optical camouflage.
[x] Head up the stairs to the second floor.
>> No. 2100
File 125445807852.jpg- (231.37KB , 849x532 , komeiji.jpg ) [iqdb]
2100
"You want to come with me?"

"..."

"Well, alright then. Just be very quiet."

"Mew."

The cat almost looked like it was smiling at me. Of course, I knew that cats couldn't smile. It was probably just my imagination. In any case, it didn't seem to be planning anything naughty, and it was kinda cute. I decided to let it follow me. At the very least, I knew where this furry little witness was. It would be more difficult if I had to chase it down for any reason.

I headed up the stairs with the cat following closely behind. It didn't seem shy at all. Did it take a liking to me? I never thought of myself as an animal person. Still, it somehow felt better to have someone with me in this empty mansion. Besides that winged youkai girl down at the furnace, I hadn't spotted a soul in this place. There were no other signs of any guards or security. Perhaps K's intel was accurate. The Master wasn't home, making this the perfect chance to infiltrate.

At the top of the steps, I found two different hallways. The one on the left had a nameplate that read "K" above it. The one on the right had a nameplate that read "S". Both hallways were unlighted and empty. For some reason, the absence of life only made me feel more nervous.

Suddenly, I remembered K's words about this empty mansion.

This place is dangerous.

[ ] Enter the hall with the nameplate "K".
[ ] Enter the hall with the nameplate "S".
[ ] Contact K with the transmitter.
[ ] Ask the cat? Maybe it knows.
[ ] Go back downstairs.
[ ] Activate my optical camouflage.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 2101
[x] Activate my optical camouflage.
[x] Contact K with the transmitter.
>> No. 2103
[0] Activate my optical camouflage.
[1] Contact K with the transmitter.
>> No. 2104
[x] Activate my optical camouflage.
[x] Contact K with the transmitter.
>> No. 2105
[x] Ask the cat? Maybe it knows.
>> No. 2107
>>[ ] Ask the skull? Maybe it knows.

[X] Contact K with the transmitter.
-[X] Who or what was the target anyway?

Did we get any briefing on what we were supposed to do here?
>> No. 2109
K and S? What are Kanako and Suwako doing here?
>> No. 2137
File 125461361652.jpg- (120.94KB , 850x637 , welcome_to_the_underground.jpg ) [iqdb]
2137
"Sorry puss," I said, "But I'll have to go the rest of the way alone. It might be too dangerous for a cute little thing like you."

"Mew?"

I patted the cat lightly one last time. Then, I activated my optical camouflage. As I slowly walked away, I saw the cat walking around confused. It meowed a few more times, as if it was calling out for me. I felt a little bad, but I didn't say a word. After waiting a few minutes, it finally went back down the stairs, its ears drooping sadly.

After making sure that I was alone once more, I quickly activated the transmitter.

"K? Can you hear me?"

> "..."

"I'm not sure where to search. The second floor seems to be split into two distinct areas."

> "..."

"Hey! Is anyone there? This isn't funny."

> "..."

".. ah, shit."

No response. Only static. Looks like I can't contact K from here.

[ ] Enter the hall with the nameplate "K".
[ ] Enter the hall with the nameplate "S".
[ ] Go back downstairs.
[ ] Deactivate my optical camouflage.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 2138
[X] Enter the hall with the nameplate "K".
>> No. 2147
[x] Enter the hall with the nameplate "S".
>> No. 2148
[x] Enter the hall with the nameplate "S".
>> No. 2152
[x] Enter the hall with the nameplate "S".
>> No. 2154
[0] Enter the hall with the nameplate "S".
>> No. 2155
File 125464140331.jpg- (80.07KB , 425x600 , orin.jpg ) [iqdb]
2155
I decided to investigate the hall on the right, first. For the first few minutes, I didn't see or hear anything unusual. The hall was decorated in the same way as the rest of the mansion, if not a bit fancier. There were a few windows with lace curtains, and the doors were decorated with intricate abstract carvings. However, I could not help but feel a sense of melancholy from this side of the mansion.

"Huh?"

I stopped in my tracks. Something wasn't right. My hands were blinking in and out of view. I quickly checked the battery left in the optical camouflage device.

> 55% charge left

The device still had more than half its battery life. I tried adjusting the settings of the device, but to no avail. In a few seconds, I was completely visible. I tapped the device irritably. What was going on? Was it malfunctioning, or did I just screw up somewhere back there?

"Damn it! Is this thing broken?"

I spent a couple of minutes trying to restore the device. I didn't get it. The device wasn't displaying any error or malfunction code. According to the reading, it was working perfectly fine. But then, why was I completely exposed out here? I tried contacting K again, but I only got static. Finally, I decided to shut the device off. No sense in draining the battery. Now, I had to sneak around the mansion without getting -

"Looks like you're havin' fun, bro!"

The voice came from behind. I slowly turned around.

"Mind if I join ya?"

A girl with fiery red hair was smiling mischievously at me. A pair of cat-like ears poked out of the top her head like a strange hair accessory. Her hair was tied with black ribbons into twin braids, and she wore a black and green decorated dress. But I wasn't fooled by her cute appearance. Floating around her were glowing wisps that gave me a shiver.

This girl wasn't human. Was she one of the guards?

"Nice human or naughty human? Which one is it, I wonder~"

"Ah, that is..."

"Well, it doesn't really matter!" she said with a smile. "No one is allowed in the Master's halls without an invitation. Is little human invited here, I wonder~"

This was really bad. How could I get so careless?

"Damn it," I whispered.

...should I get rid of the witness?

[ ] Give up and surrender.
[ ] Negotiate with her.
[ ] Attack the girl.
[ ] Update my blog.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 2156
[x] Negotiate with her.
[x] Update my blog.
>> No. 2157
[x] Negotiate with her.
[x] Update my blog.
>> No. 2158
[X] Negotiate with her.
[X] Update my blog.
>> No. 2159
[x] Negotiate with her.
[x] Update my blog.
>> No. 2163
File 125470794964.jpg- (220.75KB , 754x600 , orin.jpg ) [iqdb]
2163
"Little human is sooooo quiet now," said the girl. "Is he scared, I wonder~"

I looked at her. She didn't seem angry at my intrusion. In fact, she looked rather excited. The girl smiled brightly even as she spoke.

"Am I invited inside?"

"Nope! Master didn't tell us of visitors today. She always tells us if someone is coming. She always gathers us if someone is coming. She always knows if someone is coming."

"I don't really know if I'm invited, but I'll leave peacefully if you want me to."

"Little human is leaving? But that's no fun! Will be a waste if I let someone like you leave right away. But what shall I do, I wonder~"

"I don't want to fight," I said. "And I don't want anyone to get hurt."

Her wide, toothy smile grew bigger.

"Aww... even though little human carries many dangerous things, he does not want to fight? You are like the other fun humans from before! You know how to play with youkai, don't you~"

"..."

The simplest way out would be to attack her right now, but it didn't seem right to resort to violence when dealing with a girl. Even if she was a youkai.

"You are a nice human!" she decided suddenly. "Now I want you to stay here even more~"

The girl pulls out three spell cards from her dress.

"Why don't we play together, little human? Don't worry! Even if I win, I won't kill you~"

"Danmaku duel? You know the spell card rules?"

"Little human is smart!" said the girl. "Three spell cards each. Winner gets to decide the loser's fate!"

Before I could reply, she took to the air and prepared to attack.

"Let's start! I'm gonna take you home~"

> Blog updated. Data saved.

[ ] Check my mailbox.
[ ] Log on to VIVIT webchat.
[ ] Explore the interwebs.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 2164
[x] Go see Cherry.
>> No. 2165
[x] Check on Cherry
[x] Check my mailbox.
[x] Log on to VIVIT webchat.
[x] Explore the interwebs.

she comes first then we check some info.
>> No. 2166
[x] Check on Cherry
[x] Check my mailbox.
[x] Log on to VIVIT webchat.
[x] Explore the interwebs.
>> No. 2167
[x] Go see Cherry.
>> No. 2168
[0] Go see Cherry.
>> No. 2169
[x] Go see Cherry.
>> No. 2176
File 125479602042.jpg- (29.80KB , 393x573 , utsuho.jpg ) [iqdb]
2176
I rubbed my eyes slowly. My head felt shaken up. Huh? I blinked as I glanced at the system clock. It was already 3:00 pm? Damn! Where did all that time go?

"And... uhh..."

I scratched my head as I stared at the screen. There was only one browser window open. It displayed my favorite search engine. There was something odd typed out in the search field.

> Chireiden

Wait a minute, it was already 3:00 pm? I quickly closed the window and looked around. Then, I saw her. Cherry was fast asleep on my bed. She slept peacefully, without a care in the world.

I couldn't resist it. I sat beside her and slowly stroked her raven-black hair. It was so smooth and soft. I couldn't remember how long I sat there with her. For some reason, I just felt so relieved to find her safe.

"... nah," I said to myself.

I didn't have the heart to wake her. In any case, she might be really tired from this morning. I should let her rest first.

As for myself,
[ ] Take a nap beside Cherry.
[ ] Finish some school work.
[ ] Have a walk outside.
[ ] Delicious Cherry~ I'm not that stupid.
[ ] Log on to my computer. Not in the mood.
[ ] Prepare for the spell card duel. Wait.. what?
[ ] Custom
>> No. 2182
[x] Finish some school work.
>> No. 2184
[x] Finish some school work.

A bit of normalcy would be nice.
>> No. 2189
[X] Finish some school work...
[X] ... so that you can take a nap beside Cherry.

Though I'd rather reward myself with a Cherry snack...
>> No. 2191
[X] Finish some school work...
[X] ... so that you can take a nap beside Cherry.
>> No. 2195
[x] Finish some school work...
[x] ... so that you can take a nap beside Cherry.
>> No. 2196
[0] Finish some school work...
[1] ... so that you can take a nap beside Cherry.
>> No. 2207
[x] Finish some school work...
[x] ... so that you can take a nap beside Cherry.
>> No. 2230
File 12548719159.jpg- (58.72KB , 600x754 , touhou_physics.jpg ) [iqdb]
2230
Explain the practical application of wave-particle duality in relation to electron microscopes.

"Wat?"

I might have missed an 'h' back there, but I couldn't care less. According to my notes, I was to submit a short paper on this topic by next Friday. Of course, I was only half listening at the time, so the rest of my notes were not very useful. I spent the better half of the next hour reading through the text book. For the most part, the words just made my head ache.

In 1924, de Broglie extended the concept and derived a relationship between the momentum p and wavelength λ, known as the de Broglie hypothesis. Holding for all types of matter, this..

Brain. Brain hurt bad. Hurt really bad! I quickly closed the text book and stared at the wall for a few minutes. Ah, much better. Dull-colored wall felt so good! Made brain hurt less. Brain did not like complicated books. Brain prefered the wall~

"Who the hell would bother with this crap at all?" I muttered to myself. "Quantum mechanics doesn't apply to most of reality anyway! Only some kind of masochist would find this sort of exercise amusing.."

I sighed heavily. After all this time, I was still staring at the blank emptiness that was my word processor. I had several scribbles and notes on paper, but there wasn't enough to form a coherent discussion on the topic. Should have listened more closely during class.

"..."

My eyes wandered around the room. Cherry was still asleep. I still had a few hours of daylight left.

I guess I can...
[ ] Visit the coffee shop. I could really use a coffee.
[ ] Head to the university. Maybe I can visit the library.
[ ] Research on the interwebs. The answer is out there.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 2235
[X] Go ahead and lie down next to Cherry. You may not be tired enough to go to sleep, but that doesn't mean that putting your arms around Cherry and snuggling her won't make you feel better.

Wuv Cherry~

I'd actually like to vote to head to the cafe and hopefully meet Maribel, but I can't bring myself to leave little ol' Cherry all on her own.
>> No. 2236
[X] Go ahead and lie down next to Cherry. You may not be tired enough to go to sleep, but that doesn't mean that putting your arms around Cherry and snuggling her won't make you feel better.
>> No. 2237
[x] Visit the coffee shop. I could really use a coffee.
>> No. 2238
[X] Go ahead and lie down next to Cherry. You may not be tired enough to go to sleep, but that doesn't mean that putting your arms around Cherry and snuggling her won't make you feel better.

it'd be kinda funny if She knew what our school work was talking about.

And this seems more in line with Mary and Ren's original time than our own.
>> No. 2239
>>2230
I love this picture.

[X] Visit the coffee shop. I could really use a coffee.
[X] Be sure to leave a note for Cherry, and take your phone with you in case she calls.
>> No. 2240
>>2238
But time travel doesn't exist!
>> No. 2241
>>2240

Who knows perhaps aspects of their time like the absurdly advanced classes might have carried over in our otherwise normal time.
>> No. 2242
[X] Visit the coffee shop. I could really use an coffee.
>> No. 2243
Tied votes? Update delayed until Anon makes up his mind. Good luck with that.
>> No. 2244
[0] Go ahead and lie down next to Cherry. You may not be tired enough to go to sleep, but that doesn't mean that putting your arms around Cherry and snuggling her won't make you feel better.
>> No. 2245
I move that this song become our new theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tQpXqFOdho
>> No. 2265
File 125496907797.jpg- (80.49KB , 849x671 , utsuho.jpg ) [iqdb]
2265
"My poor brain..."

I just wasn't in the mood for this shit. After turning off my PC, my head still ached pretty badly. Hell, I could almost see Max Planck's face as he rolled his eyes at me. Dammit! Screw off, you nut! Sorry for not being a Nobel Prize winner in Physics! The rest of us normal folk had to work harder to finish college because of people like you!

"Bah! Humbug, I say again!"

I tossed away the text book carelessly. I still had up to Friday to finish it, anyway. I could always work on it later. As I contemplated my ordinary life, I found myself automatically walking toward my bed. I smiled. Brain knew what was best. Brain needed rest. Bed~

".. oh right," I muttered.

Cherry was still sleeping peacefully. I still didn't have the heart to wake her. But this was my only bed, and brain did not like the idea of sleeping on the floor. Besides, I had the most honest of intentions. Brain needed a nap right now. Badly.

I slipped into the bed gently, making sure not to disturb the little sister. As an afterthought, I pulled up the sheets, making sure to share them with her so she wouldn't feel cold. I patted her head lightly before turning around and facing the other way. Slowly, I closed my eyes to rest.

"..."

I could hear her breathing softly behind me. The bed felt strange with a stranger on it. Well, she wasn't really a stranger, now. I was taking care of this girl. She had to be protected (at least until I found her family). Besides, she believed me completely when I told her that I was her brother. She trusted me without a doubt.

"..."

Without meaning to, I swallowed nervously. I steadily became more and more aware of the girl sleeping beside me. It was very different from sleeping by myself. I could feel the warmth of her body. It felt so nice and familiar. Then, I noticed a sweet, enticing fragrance. I never realized that a girl could smell so nice~ Wait, what am I thinking?

> Just a little taste won't hurt.

I shook my head. Bad thoughts! Go away! Listen to brain! Brain said that I should get some much needed rest. Of course I shouldn't even think of turning around and holding her close to my chest in a tight embrace. Only a pervert would imagine running his hands through her clothes, feeling the softness as he explored her crevices. I would shoot myself before I gently removed her dress, whispering sweet nothings into her ear as I did so. Then, as she opened her eyes, I would never interrupt her gasp with my lips as I caressed her until she started moaning and asking for -

"..."

I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling. Cherry was still resting right beside me, completely unaware.

I couldn't sleep like this.

[ ] Try to wake her softly.
[ ] Get out of the bed right now.
[ ] Turn around and stroke her hair.
[ ] Slowly draw closer and give her a hug.
[ ] It's not illegal if I undress her in my mind.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 2267
[X] Get out of the bed right now. Sleep on the floor if you have to.
[X] No touching either.
[X] ...
[X] Okay, maybe stroke her hair once.

An unpopular choice, perhaps, but I'd rather have little sister Okuu than 'love interest but also thinks we're her older brother so it's a little creepy' Okuu, even if it means our protagonist ends up a little... frustrated.
>> No. 2270
[X] It's perfectly normal to be attracted to such a lovely girl. That said, she's also your sister. It would be awkward if you tried anything... at least, if you tried it without her understanding, so if you explained--
[X] You know what? Forget that stuff. Right now she's your sister, and you love her as such. The complicated matters can wait, and for now...
[X] Slowly draw closer and give her a hug, and let yourself relax. Holding someone you care about is something to enjoy.

I like Cherry, but it would be more than a bit uncomfortable to get frisky with her now. I don't want to entirely rule out a romance route with her, but for now I think it best that we don't take advantage of her. No matter how much I'd like to vote for gently waking her and making love, right here and now.
>> No. 2271
[x] It's perfectly normal to be attracted to such a lovely girl. That said, she's also your sister. It would be awkward if you tried anything... at least, if you tried it without her understanding, so if you explained--
-[x] You know what? Forget that stuff. Right now she's your sister, and you love her as such. The complicated matters can wait, and for now...
-[x] Slowly draw closer and give her a hug, and let yourself relax. Holding someone you care about is something to enjoy.
>> No. 2272
[X] It's perfectly normal to be attracted to such a lovely girl. That said, she's also your sister. It would be awkward if you tried anything... at least, if you tried it without her understanding, so if you explained--
[X] You know what? Forget that stuff. Right now she's your sister, and you love her as such. The complicated matters can wait, and for now...
[X] Slowly draw closer and give her a hug, and let yourself relax. Holding someone you care about is something to enjoy.
>> No. 2273
>>2270

I think it'd be better once she recovered her memory before we try doing any romantic moves on her.

[X] It's perfectly normal to be attracted to such a lovely girl. That said, she's also your sister. It would be awkward if you tried anything... at least, if you tried it without her understanding, so if you explained--
[X] You know what? Forget that stuff. Right now she's your sister, and you love her as such. The complicated matters can wait, and for now...
[X] Slowly draw closer and give her a hug, and let yourself relax. Holding someone you care about is something to enjoy.

Nice and clean and I'd think she'd like it too.

But what to do if she ends up with naughty ideas about you?
>> No. 2275
>>2273
>But what to do if she ends up with naughty ideas about you?

It becomes significantly less uncomfortable at that point. That's when we take her to bed and love her tenderly, savoring her whispered declarations of love, and her quiet gasps of pleasure, until at last we pour every drop of our passion into her, and she receives it with a willing, joyful cry. Then we lay together with her, holding her in our arms and sharing the warmth of our body, and our love.
>> No. 2308
File 12550501025.jpg- (299.88KB , 1000x1246 , utsuho.jpg ) [iqdb]
2308
"Calm down," I whispered to myself. "It's perfectly normal to be attracted to such a lovely girl. This reaction is just a sign that I am a healthy young man. Perverted thoughts don't hurt anyone. Everything will be fine as long as I don't try anything."

I quickly closed my eyes tightly and tried to think of something else. Something else. Ah, I know! Might as well think about something productive if I couldn't sleep. Now, let's see... with the 1838 discovery of cathode rays, Michael Faraday unknowingly started a discussion that would later lead to...

"Mmm..."

My thoughts were interrupted by a sudden movement. I could feel Cherry twisting and turning. Did she have trouble sleeping or something?

"..."

In any case, I decided that the best course of action right now is inaction. So I didn't move. Yep, as long as I didn't move, nothing odd or awkward would happen between the two of us.

".. ah!"

I gasped in surprise. Something was touching my shoulder. A very soft something. I opened my eyes to see a small hand clinging softly. W-what was she doing? Doesn't she know how hard it was to resist? Was she intentionally trying to -

"Brother," she whispered softly.

"..."

I shook my head. What was I thinking? Right now, she was my sister. The complicated matters could wait. Even in her sleep, she was calling for me. My mind was decided.

Slowly I turned around and drew closer to her. Then, very carefully, I wrapped my arms around the girl to share my warmth. At first, she shivered slightly at my touch. But after a minute, I felt her body relax in my arms. I smiled. This was enough - being her comfort when she needed it. Right now, I was her dependable older brother, and nothing else. At least, she seemed to play along just fine. I could feel her heart hum calmly as I held her. The sound was oddly hypnotic, and I felt sleepy just listening to it. Yes, it was a good time to sleep.

"..."

Wait a sec. Her heart was humming?

[ ] Ignore the odd vibration and try to sleep.
[ ] Examine her closely. What was causing that humming?
[ ] Get out of the bed right now. My mind must be playing tricks again.
>> No. 2313
[x] Ignore the odd vibration and try to sleep.

We'll think better after sleep.
>> No. 2314
[X] Examine her closely. What was causing that humming?
[X] ...Okay, maybe not that closely. Brotherly thoughts, brotherly thoughts...
>> No. 2315
[X] Ignore the odd vibration and try to sleep.

A humming would actually help me sleep. Maybe I'm but...a consistent background noise, you know?
>> No. 2318
[x] Ignore the odd vibration and try to sleep.
>> No. 2319
[x] Examine her closely. What was causing that humming?
Don't care if "that closely".
>> No. 2320
[X] Ignore the odd vibration and try to sleep.

>>2315

I know the feeling. I listen to classical music every night when I go to sleep - something gentle really helps.
>> No. 2321
[X] Examine her closely. What was causing that humming?
>> No. 2335
[X] Ignore the odd vibration and try to sleep.
>> No. 2340
[x] Ignore the odd vibration and try to sleep.
>> No. 2389
File 125513303799.jpg- (52.42KB , 557x628 , nuke_time.jpg ) [iqdb]
2389
> Load record ZNUSAT31409
> > Replaying transmission...

"Can you confirm the target's location?"

"Sir! Sensors indicate trace radiation in sector G."

"So she is still in the compound.. very good."

"Orders, Captain?"

"Tell your men to sweep the area. Make sure everyone is equipped with radiation shielding and full body armor. Use Normal rounds only. Switch out all depleted uranium shells right now. Have everyone report their status every five minutes."

"Sir! Requesting permission to use lethal force!"

"Denied."

"But Sir..."

"This one is different from the others. She can still manifest physical changes on this side."

"Physical changes? But I thought that all Class B entities are to be neutralized immediately."

"Orders from higher up. They want us to capture her alive."

"Alive?"

"Enough questions. Just relay my orders to the men. I need to send my update to Orange team for final confirmation."

"Understood."

> > End transmission.
> > Delete record? (Y/N)
> Y
> > Record deleted.
> Load record ZNUSAT31672
> > Replaying transmission...

"Target has been located. Sector G-13, Sir!"

"Seal all exits! Seal all exits! Get me a visual on the target!"

"All security cameras are down, Sir."

"Damn it! Are we still in communication with the advance team? Can they confirm visual on the target?"

"Checking Sir... Yes! They say that they confirm visual. Target is hiding between the storage crates. Wait... she's stepping out. They say she's holding something in her hands."

"..."

"She seems to be holding some kind of glowing orb. The team is requesting permission to fall back. The room seems to be getting... hotter? Wait, can you repeat again? Report status. I can't hear you over the static. Advance team, report status!"

"Give me an update, soldier!"

"... I've lost contact with the advance team."

"Damn it! Get me systems monitoring data from Sector G! Atmospheric pressure! Environmental temperature! Radiation readings! Everything!"

"Checking now... wait, that can't be right..."

"Move! Let me see that!"

"Y-yes, Sir!"

"..."

"Er... Sir?"

"Impossible... can't be happening..."

"Sir?"

"Ah shit... evacuate the area and seal the compound! Get everyone out of here, now!"

"But Sir, the orders from Orange team state that -"

"I don't give a damn about their orders! I'm not letting any more of my men -"

> > End transmission.
> > Delete record? (Y/N)
> Y
> > Record deleted.
> Load record ZNUSAT31891
> > Replaying transmission...

"And that's my report."

"Excellent work, Captain. Now if you'll excuse me..."

"W-wait! You still haven't explained what just happened back there! I lost a lot of good men, and I need to know what to say to their families!"

"... I'm sorry, but that concern is out of scope."

"Out of scope? Good soldiers died out there, and you call this out of scope?"

"..."

"If I don't get any answers now, I'll leak this to the press! We'll see what the public thinks your company's secret dealings then!

"..."

"W-w-wait... what are you doing! D-don't come any closer!"

"Thank you for your service, Captain. We will be sure to send your family a fruit basket."

"URRGGHGHGKKHKKK!"

> > End transmission.
> > Delete record? (Y/N)
> Y
> > Record deleted.
> exit
> > Session terminated.

---

I opened my eyes slowly and yawned. That was a good nap. Eh? No one else was sleeping beside me. Maybe Cherry got up earlier. I yawned again and glanced at the wall clock. It will be dinner time soon.

[ ] Watch some TV.
[ ] Turn on my computer.
[ ] Make yourself some dinner.
[ ] Head outside and take a walk.
[ ] "Huh? Where's Cherry?"
[ ] Custom
>> No. 2390
[ ] "Huh? Where's Cherry?"
>> No. 2391
[x] "Huh? Where's Cherry?"
>> No. 2395
[x] "Huh? Where's Cherry?"

We should make sure she's alright before doing anything else.
>> No. 2405
[x] "Huh? Where's Cherry?"
>> No. 2437
anon loev imouto.
>> No. 2490
File 125535392251.jpg- (61.30KB , 525x700 , unyu.jpg ) [iqdb]
2490
"Huh? Where's Cherry?"

I looked around the room. There was no sign of the my (temporary) sister anywhere. It probably wasn't anything, but for some reason, I felt like I should ensure that she was alright. If she actually went out by herself, he would have no way to find her. After all, this city could be pretty dangerous to innocent and helpless girls. She could get mugged... or worse, she could even be -

"N-nah! No way," I said aloud.

I shook my head. Such things never happened in real life. But just to make sure, I quickly grabbed my coat and wallet. First, I had to check the apartment. She wasn't in my room. I stepped out and checked the next closest place. Nope, no one was in the bathroom, either.

"Err... why did I check here first?"

I felt myself blush slightly. Yep, those thoughts were definitely inappropriate. In any case, I had better check the rest of the place. There were only a few rooms in this shabby apartment, so I should easily find the girl. As I approached the kitchen, I heard movement from behind the door. Very slowly, I took a peek from the side.

"Now, this goes here... I think?"

I rubbed my eyes and took another look. Cherry was busying herself around the kitchen. I couldn't see clearly what she was doing. Well, nothing was burning (yet), so I guessed that she hadn't done anything dangerous with the stove.

"Ah! I almost forgot!" she says to herself.

Cherry took something from the side. It looked like an... egg? She held it happily in her hands for a moment before she cracked it open and added it into a large bowl. She added three more eggs worth, both yolk and egg white. Then, she started to stir the mixture with a large wooden spoon.

"Unyu~"

She looked quite excited. I felt a little guilty, watching her from the shadows like this.

[ ] Leave the room quietly.
[ ] Watch Cherry work from here.
[ ] Clear my throat and offer to help out.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 2491
[x] Watch Cherry work from here.
>> No. 2492
[x] Watch Cherry work from here.
>> No. 2494
[x] Watch Cherry work from here.
>> No. 2495
[X] Leave the room quietly.

Don't you want her to have a surprise ready for us?
>> No. 2496
[X] Leave the room quietly.

Why ruin her surprise?
>> No. 2497
[X] Leave the room quietly.
>> No. 2498
[x] Leave the room quietly.
>> No. 2501
[0] Leave the room quietly.
>> No. 2503
[X] Leave the room quietly.
>> No. 2517
[X] Leave the room quietly.
[X] Go check your e-mail or something.
>> No. 2526
File 125539830551.jpg- (337.43KB , 1000x750 , sleepy_kappa.jpg ) [iqdb]
2526
Before I knew it, I found myself outside, walking along the city street. It was a weekend, but there were less people walking around than usual. Some seemed to hurry nervously as they finished their shopping and errands. But other than that, I didn't notice anything about the atmosphere.

"And then, there was none."

I sighed heavily as I took the last few bills out of the ATM. Was this all I had left? If Cherry was going to continue staying with me, I had better ration the last of my funds carefully. Either that, or someone had to get a part-time job. I could probably help around the university offices or the nearby shops. Cherry was pretty cute, so she could easily got a job as a waitress or mascot somewhere around the -

"Stop that," I said aloud. "Listen to brain!"

Yep. I really had to do something about these bad ideas. Ever since she came along, more and more strange thoughts had spun around in my head. I had better find her family before I get too used to this. It took all of my willpower to leave the apartment just now. The mere thought of her cooking something special for her brother made my chest ache. I barely made it outside without doing anything naughty.

"Too sweet," I said quietly. "That girl's just too sweet."

I did make sure to leave a note for her, saying that I was coming back for dinner. Nothing should happen back home. It was just an ordinary place anyway. In any case, I decided to kill some time before heading back. It was starting to get dark, but there were still several places open.

"Hmm..."

[ ] Visit the park.
[ ] Visit the alley.
[ ] Visit the store.
[ ] Visit the university.
[ ] Visit the coffee shop.
[ ] Wander around the city.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 2527
[X] Visit the coffee shop.
-[X] Inquire about job openings.

Responsible.

I just want Maribel.
>> No. 2528
[X] Visit the coffee shop.
-[X] Inquire about job openings.
>> No. 2529
[x] Visit the coffee shop.
-[x] Inquire about job openings.
>> No. 2533
[0] Visit the coffee shop.
-[1] Inquire about job openings.
>> No. 2534
>>2527
[ø] Visit the coffee shop.
-[ø] Inquire about job openings.

As cute as Okuu is, I wouldn't mind meeting Maribel again.
>> No. 2550
[X] Visit the coffee shop.
-[X] Inquire about job openings.
>> No. 2783
Taking a break on this one. Updates someday, but not today.
>> No. 3509
So, how goes things?
>> No. 3514
Still kinda busy. Probably won't be able to commit to regular updates on this one until my other project is done.

But who knows? I might post an occasional update here and there if there is demand.
>> No. 3515
There is demand.
>> No. 3516
>>3515
Seconded.
>> No. 3517
>>3515

Thirded like a motherfucker.
>> No. 3518
Posts like that isn't going to make the guy come back and write and trying to force him will just result in subpar writing.
>> No. 3519
File 125904191382.jpg- (15.33KB , 299x285 , renko.jpg ) [iqdb]
3519
"Openings? Sorry, but I just hired someone a while ago."

I sighed sadly as I held the "Help Wanted" sign in my hands. When I saw it outside of the coffee shop, I had hoped that I could get some part-time work here. That would have been a convenient coincidence. It wasn't the best paying job, but lots of students come here after class. Not to mention that I wouldn't have said no to a chance to meet Maribel again. She really was quite cute.

> Two-timer

A chill ran down my spine. What was that? Was I hearing things?

"Hey, you alright, kid?"

I turned the shop owner. He was a well-built middle aged man with a cross-shaped scar on his face ("Just a reminder of my wild days," he said). Despite that, he seemed like a surprisingly friendly fellow.

"Don't worry about it," I said. "Guess that this just isn't my lucky day."

"Heh, I know the feeling. But don't give up! You're still young, so something good is bound to happen."

I smiled. This man reminded me of an uncle of mine. Maybe I'll visit this place a little more often after classes.

"Excuse me, but I'll be taking that."

"Huh?"

I blinked. In a split second, the sign in my hands just vanished. I glanced at the owner. He just shrugged as he nodded to someone behind me. After gulping nervously, I slowly turned around.

"This position has already been filled."

A vaguely familiar girl stood before me. She wore a black hat, a white suit, and a brown dress. Her voice was cold and threatening. I took a step back as I tried to gather my thoughts. Several customers stopped talking, and I could feel them watching intently at us.

"Err... right, of course."

Then, she bowed. I wasn't sure how to react, so I said nothing.

"I really need this job, since it looks like I'm stuck here for a while. Please look for work someplace else."

"I get it!" I whispered. "I get it already! No need to make a scene!"

The girl blinked at me, confused. Then, she turned to the shop owner.

"Make a scene? I didn't know that this job entailed construction work."

The shop owner glanced at me. I just shrugged at him. He cleared his throat before turning back to the girl.

"No, you just need to wait the tables. Can you handle that?"

"I believe that I have sufficient skills for that task set. Thank you for the clarification."

The girl nodded obediently. Without another word, she headed to the back room of the shop. I couldn't help but find her a little familiar. Did I meet her somewhere before? I shook my head. It probably didn't matter. Slowly, the atmosphere of the place turned to normal.

"So, kid," said the owner. "Are you buying anything, or am I going to have my new employee escort you out?"

I started back at him for a few seconds before I realized that he was joking. Still, I guess it wouldn't hurt to give the guy a little business.

[ ] Order one of the new coffee blends. A little expensive, but I'm in a good mood.
[ ] Order a regular coffee and take a seat. The place isn't closing yet.
[ ] Order something sweet to take home. Dessert is fine too.
[ ] Don't buy anything. Save money.
[ ] Custom

---

Updates will be irregular, but I'll see what I can do.
>> No. 3521
[X] Order a regular coffee and take a seat. The place isn't closing yet.

I really want to meet Maribel again. I like her.
>> No. 3522
[x] Order something sweet to take home. Dessert is fine too.
>> No. 3523
[X] Order a regular coffee and take a seat. The place isn't closing yet.

Nagato Renko?

>Updates will be irregular, but I'll see what I can do.
Don't stress yourself out about it, but do try to update us on your status if you become unable to update for a stretch. We're paranoid about writers disappearing around these parts.
>> No. 3529
[X] Order a regular coffee and take a seat. The place isn't closing yet.

let's see what happens, though Ren's rather Nagatoish indeed. (Though she might not be like that in canon)

We can go look at other opportunities later.
>> No. 3536
File 125910700481.jpg- (10.33KB , 194x209 , fffffffuusion.jpg ) [iqdb]
3536
[x] Order something sweet to take home. Dessert is fine too.

Stay on target.
>> No. 3541
[x] Order something sweet to take home. A cake is fine too.
>> No. 3556
>>3523
Either that or Youmu changed his hair and bought a hat.

[x] Order something sweet to take home. Dessert is fine too.
>> No. 3558
[x] Order something sweet to take home. Dessert is fine too.
>> No. 3560
> Either that or Youmu changed his hair and bought a hat.
> his
>> No. 3562
File 125920398169.jpg- (122.23KB , 640x426 , mmm_pie.jpg ) [iqdb]
3562
"Thanks for the business!"

As I left the coffee shop, the owner gave me a thumbs-up. I smiled a little. Maybe he was right. I shouldn't worry about things too much. Take it easy, etc. Hmm. On the other hand, my wallet just got lighter again. I reminded myself start managing my expenses. This is all I had until the end of this month. That is, unless I get some part-time work.

~~~

"Hmm?"

When I got back, Cherry was nowhere in sight. Of course, I headed straight back to my room, so I must have missed her. She was probably still in the kitchen, preparing something for dinner. I smiled at myself as I put down my prize on the table. It was a relatively small box, but the packaging was fancy and it had some cute ribbons tied around it.

"Mmm..."

I paused for a moment, visualizing Cherry's face when she saw this. Honestly, I had little idea of what she would like. But since she enjoyed the ice cream, she would probably appreciate something like this as well. I mean, who would say no to a some cherry pie?

"..."

Hmm, what to do next?

[ ] Turn on my PC.
[ ] Head to the kitchen.
[ ] Time to take a shower.
[ ] Go back outside.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 3563
[x] Time to take a shower.
>> No. 3564
[ ] Time to take a shower.
>> No. 3565
[ ] Check if Cherry is indeed in the kitchen.
[ ] Time to take a shower.
[ ] Head to the kitchen.
>> No. 3567
[x] Time to take a shower.
>> No. 3573
[x] Time to take a shower.

This option has the most potential.
>> No. 3577
[x] Time to take a shower.
>> No. 3589
File 125927803992.jpg- (92.49KB , 850x637 , puzzled.jpg ) [iqdb]
3589
"Ah, that's nice..."

I smiled as the water trickled down my face and body. The sensation of the droplets against my skin was pleasant and refreshing. It reminded me of those rare times that I had played in the rain as a child. My parents were always against it, of course. But I paid them little attention. Sometimes, the best things in life could only be enjoyed if you threw logic and reason out of the window.

"..."

As I washed the shampoo out of my hair, I started thinking. When was it, exactly, did I leave those carefree thoughts behind? I used to dream of having an adventure of my own - drinking tea with vampires, learning magic from witches, battling ghosts and demons, etc. Once upon a time, I would have said that such things would be 'damn awesome'. Nowadays, if I heard such stories, I'd say that they were 'damn stupid'.

After all, none of those things exist.

"Brother Alex?"

A familiar voice was calling out my name. I smiled. Was Cherry looking for me? She really was an adorable girl. Even the way she walked toward the bathroom sounded cute. Huh? Oh shit! I quickly turned off the shower, but it was already too late. I couldn't get out without exposing myself.

"Alex? A-are you in here?"

Good thing that these shower curtains were mostly opaque. I could already spy the silhoutte of her head poke out as she peeked into the room. The sound of the shower must have alerted her. Several thoughts spun in my head as I tried to figure out what to do.

[ ] "G-get out of the room!"
[ ] "I'm still in the shower!"
[ ] "I'll catch up to you later!"
[ ] "..."
[ ] Hide.
[ ] Anemia.
[ ] "Why don't you come join me?"
[ ] Custom
>> No. 3590
[x] "I'm still in the shower. Would you mind waiting in the living room for me to get dressed and then we can eat?"
>> No. 3591
[X] "I'll catch up to you later!"
>> No. 3592
[x] "I'm still in the shower!"
Well, he is.
>> No. 3595
[x] "I'm still in the shower. Would you mind waiting in the living room for me to get dressed and then we can eat?"
>> No. 3596
[x] "I'm still in the shower. Would you mind waiting in the living room for me to get dressed and then we can eat?"
>> No. 3598
[x] "I'm still in the shower. Would you mind waiting in the living room for me to get dressed and then we can eat?"
>> No. 3599
[0] "I'm still in the shower. Would you mind waiting in the living room for me to get dressed and then we can eat?"
>> No. 3601
[x] "I'm still in the shower. Would you mind waiting in the living room for me to get dressed and then we can eat?"
>> No. 3657
File 125954583186.jpg- (31.86KB , 487x412 , okuu.jpg ) [iqdb]
3657
"Brother Alex?"

I took a deep breath and slowly formed the words in my head. All I had to do was explain the situation, and everything would be fine. There was nothing unusual about taking a shower in my own house. I cleared my throat loudly before speaking.

"I'm still in the shower," I said, slowly and clearly.

"Shower?"

Cherry stepped inside. I could see her whole silhoutte now.

"Would you mind waiting in the living room for me to get dressed?"

"Eh? Are you already done?"

"Yep, I'll be out in a few minutes."

"Aww... can I come in and join you?"

"Well, I guess that would be nice."

Huh? Did I just say that out loud? I took a glance back at her. Her silhoutte had already begun removing her skirt. Oh god, what was she thinking? Forget that, what was I thinking?

"W-wait!" I cried loudly "Wait a sec! Put your clothes back on!"

"Eeeh? But I thought that I could -"

"No. Absolutely not! No! Just, no! You can take a shower after I'm done, alright?"

"But..."

"Forget what I said! I'll join you for dinner in a few minutes, so could you close the door behind you?"

"Dinner?"

"Y-yeah, that's right! If you don't wait patiently outside, then you won't get any treat for dessert!"

"A treat?"

Even through the shower curtains, I could feel her eyes light up at those words.

"So be a good girl and wait patiently, alright?"

Cherry nodded all too quickly, and in the next moment, she walked out and closed the door behind her. I sighed in relief. Damn, that was really close! I glanced down between my legs and shook my head. I didn't even notice how excited I've become.

"This is getting dangerous," I said aloud.

After a moment of thought, I decided to calm myself under the shower for a few more minutes.

~~~

I returned to my room to grab a fresh set of clothes. This time, I made sure to lock the door behind me. I wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't do everything to avoid any more 'accidents' that could happen between myself and Cherry. She saw me as her brother, and until we found her family, I decided that I would play that part well.

"Oh right."

I looked thoughtfully at the box I brought home. I did say that I had a treat for her, but on second thought, too much sweets might not be good for the girl.

[ ] A pie is fine too. Take it with you.
[ ] Leave it here. No more sugar for her.
[ ] Consult the internet. Turn on the PC for a sec.
[ ] Dispose of the pie. It is evil!
[ ] Custom
>> No. 3658
[x] A pie is fine too. Take it with you.
-[x] Cut a small piece though.
>> No. 3663
[x] A pie is fine too. Take it with you.
-[x] Cut a small piece though.

She was just being a good little sister, in a not quite little body.
>> No. 3665
[x] A pie is fine too. Take it with you.
>> No. 3666
[x] A pie is fine too. Take it with you.
-[x] Cut a small piece though.
>> No. 3668
[x] A pie is fine too. Take it with you.
-[x] Cut a small piece though.
>> No. 3706
> "Watch out for things that go 'bump' in the night!"

>>3705


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x