[Return]
Archived Thread

File 122861945749.jpg - (598.93KB , 1024x768 , NOO-CLEE-ARR.jpg ) [iqdb]
70817 No. 70817
“Er,” You look at the woman and think for a moment, “Monstrous?” You suggest, “I guess that one was kind of weird too.”

The blond woman claps her hands and smiles at you, “Excellent!” she exclaims, “This will be so entertaining to see!” Then she turns back to Meiling and gives her a sweet smile - though if Meiling's reaction was any indication she may as well have been baring a set of fangs at the girl. “Will you go and fetch the girl with black hair that came late? And... yes, tell her to come in 'her full glory', or something similar, she'll enjoy that.” As Meiling nods frantically and makes a quick exit the blond woman turns her attention back to you and shrugs. “Nice girl,” She mutters, “Somewhat limited in who she knows though, a drawback of her prior job - unless people visited where she worked then she really didn't have any particular contact with them.” She shrugs and sips at her tea, “She's friendly enough to strangers and friends though, so you shouldn't have much trouble with her - though I would worry about what sorts of weird ideas her previous boss has filled her head with.”

You thought you caught the hint of a frown as she said that and your body shuddered without your consent. There was something about the idea of this woman being 'not happy' that really, really seemed to scare you in a way that struck to the core and you couldn't quite pin down - whatever it was though, you were sure the feeling was telling you not to anger this woman.

“Are you going to explain?” You ask, doing your best not to look the woman in the eye. “About this 'Gensokyo' Miss Meiling comes from? You said the rest of the guests were from there...”

“Oh yes, they're all from there. That's part of the whole project you know.” She shrugs and draws uncomfortably close to you, until she's practically breathing in your ear. “It's a big secret,” she whispers, “Oh so big, and hard to keep concealed...” You get the feeling she's not just talking about Gensokyo but before you can call her on it she's away, leaning casually against the counter next to you as if nothing had happened wearing a tiny smirk. She was obviously aware of your distress and it disturbed you a little to think that she actually seemed to draw some kind of pleasure from making you feel uncomfortable - and uncomfortable in a good way either.

In the background you hear the front door open and slam shut, your next guest has arrived. Unlike with Meiling you intend not to look like some unprepared fool by being surprised at their entrance.

“Gensokyo is an unusual place,” The blond woman speaks up, causing you to twitch slightly. “Cut off from the rest of the world for a long time, long enough to send it out of sync with the world outside it.” You glance at her as a curious stepping sound comes from the hallway, as if someone were limping or carrying a heavy load - while wearing tap shoes. “Of course that's not all, if that were all then everyone inside would simply be taken to some rural community somewhere and acclimatized that way.” The stepping sound draws closer and as it does the blond woman's slight smirk expands into a feral grin that reveals two rows of overly pointed teeth. “That would be fine,” she hisses, “If all it's inhabitants were human.”

At that moment the kitchen door burst open as a raven-haired girl burst through by the simple method of kicking it open with one... you stare. Was her foot covered in lead? It was like she'd stepped into some kind of pile of crap, only the crap happened to be made of soft metal which had hardened around her entire foot and part of her calf. Around her other foot you notice two blue beads circling at a medium speed, leaving two thin blue trails in their wake that gave the appearance two fine and interlinked anklets - if anklets were capable of hovering a good inch or more away from the skin at least.

“Hoo ha!” The girl declares, making you pull your eyes away from her leg and up her body... her clothes don't seem to strange as you travel up her legs - as far as you can tell she's wearing a plain, is a little frilly, green summer-style dress. Next was a white shirt over which her arms were crossed and you noted a thick and heavy looking hexagonal bracelet of some kind encircling her left wrist but other than that nothing unusual. Moving up your gaze pauses at her chest and the giant red eye apparently planted in the middle of it. It seemed to be made of some kind of red plastic, translucent and seeming to glow with light reflected inside it. Fortunately before you're caught staring a nudge in your ribs from the blond woman makes your head snap up to meet the girls red eyes. She stares, her head angled up slightly so she could look down at you. “Well?” She demands, making you blink in confusion, “Are you in awe yet?”

And then, under the white cape she wore, something twitched.


[ ] Response

>> No. 70819
[x] what
>> No. 70820
[x] "In awe of... what, exactly?"
[x] "Your strange fashion sense?"
>> No. 70822
[ ] "awe. . . awe?" stare for a moment. ". . . what in the hell ARE you?"
>> No. 70824
>Was her foot covered in lead? It was like she'd stepped into some kind of pile of crap, only the crap happened to be made of soft metal which had hardened around her entire foot and part of her calf.

[x] Ignore her question. "Well, I'm definitely getting 'monstrous' vibes, though I think the cape may be a bit too much."
[x] Introduce yourself. "Pleasure to make you acquaintance, Miss?"
[x] "I'll have to ask you wipe your feet before you come in next time. You're tracking... lead all over the floor."
>> No. 70825
[X] "Well, I have to admit, you certainly have an awesome appearance. I do hope I can keep such a bombastic presence under control; as the host apparent of this so-called study, I'd hate to think of the fallout if I exposed the public to such a radiant sight."
[X] Sip your tea. Calmly. You're going to stay calm. Stay fucking calm.
[X] "Tea?"

Ah, and now the real panic starts to set in.

Also: unexpected, but awesome tenant.
>> No. 70826
[b] Ignore her question. "Well, I'm definitely getting 'monstrous' vibes, though I think the cape may be a bit too much."
[b] Introduce yourself. "Pleasure to make you acquaintance, Miss?"
[b] "I'll have to ask you wipe your feet before you come in next time. You're tracking... lead all over the floor."
[b] Sip your tea. Calmly. You're going to stay calm. Stay fucking calm.
[b] "Tea?"
>> No. 70828
[X] "Well, I have to admit, you certainly have an awesome appearance. I do hope I can keep such a bombastic presence under control; as the host apparent of this so-called study, I'd hate to think of the fallout if I exposed the public to such a radiant sight."
[X] Sip your tea. Calmly. You're going to stay calm. Stay fucking calm.
[X] "Tea?"
>> No. 70831
[X] "I Think you stepped in something."
>> No. 70832
[X] "Well, I have to admit, you certainly have an awesome appearance. I do hope I can keep such a bombastic presence under control; as the host apparent of this so-called study, I'd hate to think of the fallout if I exposed the public to such a radiant sight."
[X] Sip your tea. Calmly. You're going to stay calm. Stay fucking calm.
[X] "Tea?"
>> No. 70833
[X] Stare at her, dumbfounded
[X] Snicker, try your best to hide it...
[X] ...then fail miserably, bursting out in hysterical laughter.
[X] Between laughs, say "What the hell is this? Are you supposed to be a cosplayer or something?!"
[X] "You look like something out of a bad comic book! What are you, Super Heavy Footgear Girl?!"
[X] Laugh some more

Utsuho looks utterly ridiculous, more so than any Touhoe I know. It would take a mouth of steel not to laugh at her.
>> No. 70834
[X] Stare at her, dumbfounded
[X] Snicker, try your best to hide it...
[X] ...then fail miserably, bursting out in hysterical laughter.
[X] Between laughs, say "What the hell is this? Are you supposed to be a cosplayer or something?!"
[X] "You look like something out of a bad comic book! What are you, Super Heavy Footgear Girl?!"
[X] Laugh some more

Laughing is good
>> No. 70837
[x] tick tick ticktickticktickticktick
[x] Check watch. "oh, thats just my pip boy 3000 going off. It has a built in geiger counter, and apparently your putting off +1 rads a second."
[x] "I think I have some Rad-X packed away somewhere though. shouldn't be any problem."
>> No. 70840
[X] Stare at her, dumbfounded
[X] Snicker, try your best to hide it...
[X] ...then fail miserably, bursting out in hysterical laughter.

I think this is enough, honestly.
>> No. 70841
Erum, this is sort of awkward. That last post? Mine. But I made a post before that--I've changed my vote, in other words--but my older post, I can't find it. Sorry about that. Just FYI.
>> No. 70845
[X] Stare at her, dumbfounded
[X] "I Think you stepped in something."
[X] Sip your tea. Calmly. You're going to stay calm. Stay fucking calm.
[X] "Tea?"
>> No. 70847
[X] Stare at her, dumbfounded
[X] "I think you stepped in something."
[X] Sip your tea. Calmly. You're going to stay calm. Stay fucking calm.
[X] "Tea?"

Okay. I like this better.
>> No. 70849
[X] Stare at her, dumbfounded
[X] Snicker, try your best to hide it...
[X] ...then fail miserably, bursting out in hysterical laughter.

Nandeyane? Terminator-san~
>> No. 70854
[X] "Well, I have to admit, you certainly have an awesome appearance. I do hope I can keep such a bombastic presence under control; as the host apparent of this so-called study, I'd hate to think of the fallout if I exposed the public to such a radiant sight."
[X] Sip your tea. Calmly. You're going to stay calm. Stay fucking calm.
[X] "Tea?"

I love this.
>> No. 70856
[X] "Well, I have to admit, you certainly have an awesome appearance. I do hope I can keep such a bombastic presence under control; as the host apparent of this so-called study, I'd hate to think of the fallout if I exposed the public to such a radiant sight."
[X] Sip your tea. Calmly. You're going to stay calm. Stay fucking calm.
[X] "Tea?"

Dohoho.jpg
>> No. 70857
[X] "Well, I have to admit, you certainly have an awesome appearance. I do hope I can keep such a bombastic presence under control; as the host apparent of this so-called study, I'd hate to think of the fallout if I exposed the public to such a radiant sight."
[X] Sip your tea. Calmly. You're going to stay calm. Stay fucking calm.
[X] "Tea?"

Seriously, we shouldn't know this about her yet.
But it's golden.
>> No. 70859
Effing meta-knowledge.
>> No. 70860
[X] "Well, I have to admit, you certainly have an awesome appearance. I do hope I can keep such a bombastic presence under control; as the host apparent of this so-called study, I'd hate to think of the fallout if I exposed the public to such a radiant sight."
[X] Sip your tea. Calmly. You're going to stay calm. Stay fucking calm.
[X] "Tea?"
>> No. 70862
[x] "Hm~ Why yes, I am in awe. Though I can't help but wonder... If you're overcompensating for something with that strange getup"
>> No. 70864
[X] "Well, I have to admit, you certainly have an awesome appearance. I do hope I can keep such a bombastic presence under control; as the host apparent of this so-called study, I'd hate to think of the fallout if I exposed the public to such a radiant sight."
[X] Sip your tea. Calmly. You're going to stay calm. Stay fucking calm.
[X] "Tea?"
>> No. 70867
[X] Stare at her, dumbfounded
[X] Snicker, try your best to hide it...
[X] ...then fail miserably, bursting out in hysterical laughter.
[X] Between laughs, say "What the hell is this? Are you supposed to be a cosplayer or something?!"
[X] "You look like something out of a bad comic book! What are you, Super Heavy Footgear Girl?!"
[X] Laugh some more

I don't like this one too much, but the other write in is made primarily of fail. Sure, its funny, but it's not going to make for an interesting story.

This one on the other hand, lets us play off the indifferent angle, without being unrealistically so.
>> No. 70868
>>70867
I don't really see how basically laughing in someone's face and then openly mocking their appearance is supposed to be anything remotely resembling "indifferent".
>> No. 70869
>>70868
and, while I don't like breaking the fourth wall too much while role playing, I do prefer endings where we are still alive.
>> No. 70870
>>70868

Indifferent as in, isn't going to be a sniveling coward freaking out about monster people. That wouldn't make a good story afterall. The other write in, however, makes us seem far too unflappable, which means that we never react to anything.... which means that nothing interesting ever happens (other than us getting murdered). We aren't fucking James Bond. Don't act like it.

However, like I said before, I don't really like either too much, so....

[x] What the hell?!
[x] You're freaked out, but more curious and facinated than anything.
[x] Lift the cape, play with the particles orbiting her shoe, etc.
[x] Ask lots of questions.

There, now we have a third option that doesn't make us look like a jackass, and best of all will probably have the effect of making her uncomfortable, despite getting the attention she wants. Delicious, delicious irony.
>> No. 70891
>>The other write in, however, makes us seem far too unflappable, which means that we never react to anything.... which means that nothing interesting ever happens (other than us getting murdered).

It is possible to maintain some semblance of composure without being some unflinching robot that doesn't react to anything, you know. If anything, I would think someone who struggles to maintain a calm facade while they are inwardly screaming and pissing themselves in terror makes for a more interesting character, especially when they inevitably begin to crack.

Given the circumstances, I don't think we'll have to wait too long for that to happen.
>> No. 70899
>>70870
>>Indifferent as in, isn't going to be a sniveling coward freaking out about monster people. That wouldn't make a good story afterall.

DOHOHOHOHO.

I wonder if this is referencing something or it was just an accident?

[ ] "awe. . . awe?" stare for a moment. ". . . what in the hell ARE you?"

Reckon Kira got the reaction right, everything else is too Meta or just going to ruffle her feathers.
>> No. 70904
[X] "awe. . . awe?" stare for a moment. ". . . what in the hell ARE you?"
What lil' scorny said.
>> No. 70905
[X] "awe. . . awe?" stare for a moment. ". . . what in the hell ARE you?"

Aw, and I was pretty sure Monstrous was Satori. Ah well, at least I got close.
>> No. 70912
File 122867181367.jpg - (240.91KB , 772x1076 , 3b107cbc2b4ad92cebfb521eccd91637.jpg ) [iqdb]
70912
>>70905

I'd clean her tubes, if you know what I mean.
>> No. 70913
[x] "Umm....who exactly are you supposed to be cosplaying as?"
>> No. 70917
[X] "awe. . . awe?" stare for a moment. ". . . what in the hell ARE you?"

The only good choice.
>> No. 70919
Okay, it looks like i'm going with:
[X] "Well, I have to admit, you certainly have an awesome appearance. I do hope I can keep such a bombastic presence under control; as the host apparent of this so-called study, I'd hate to think of the fallout if I exposed the public to such a radiant sight."
[X] Sip your tea. Calmly. You're going to stay calm. Stay fucking calm.
[X] "Tea?"

However it does seems a bit too meta-knowledge-y, so i may have to creatively interpret it a bit to make it work~
>> No. 70920
>>70919

It's worth bearing in mind that he doesn't actually need to know anything about Utsuho's powers to make those remarks; they're still true statements. If anything, I'd anticipate Yukari's reaction to hearing him spout that off by coincidence. It seems like the sort of thing she would capitalize on and use to try and frighten him.
>> No. 70921
[x] Stare~
[x] "...Hah?"
>> No. 70937
>>70919

Even an offhand thought of atoms after seeing her left leg you could pass off as relating to an atomic bomb.
>> No. 70990
File 122870986481.jpg - (279.44KB , 800x900 , nucwear.jpg ) [iqdb]
70990
You stare at the girl for several long seconds. “What?” you hear yourself ask as you wonder who the hell this weirdo thought she was. So the lead foot and the spinning... things... were weird, as was the eye on her chest, but it was pretty obvious that they were simply some kind of elaborate costume. The foot could easily be foam or something sprayed to look like metal, and the eye just one large dome of plastic while the anklets was... actually you weren't sure about the anklet, but you were aware you didn't know enough about costume design to make a good guess as to how it was done. Maybe they were hanging on fishing wire off something hidden by her skirt? That could work maybe.

"Well, I have to admit,” you state, chosing your words carefully so as not to offend the... weirdo... in front of you. “You certainly have an, ah, 'awesome' appearance.” The girl smiles at that and you make the quick deduction that she's apparently quite vain and, if her enterance was anything to go by, was also an attention seeker of some kind. “I do hope I can keep such a bombastic presence under control; as the host apparent of this so-called study, I'd hate to think of the fallout if I exposed the public to such a radiant sight." you finish, the girl having taken on a superior smirk during your speech - during which she had nodded at every positive point you state.

“Reiuji Utsuho!” The black haired girl declares, making you stare at her in confusion. “That's the name of the greatest, most awesome and all powerful... me!”

“Heh,” You shoot the blond woman a slightly disparaging glance, “So much for 'not human'.” You say to her, “What kind of rubbish was that supposed to be?” Shrugging you close your eyes and take a sip at your tea, “For a minute I thought she was going to be some kind of hideous monster in disgi-” Your voice cuts off as something pokes you in the face. Opening your eyes you find it to be large, orange and possessing of an ominous hum. Your eyes track the down the length of the thing until you eventually reach the feminine arm of the black haired weirdo that is apparently attached to the far end.

“Hideous?” Your eyes flick to her face, which is a mask of annoyance. Not quite anger exactly, but more like the frown of someone who's just tasted something they didn't like. “How can you possibly even think to call a pretty girl like me a hideous monster!” The ominous hum coming from the thing pressed against your face increased slightly as she spoke - then suddenly cut off as the entire item was pushed aside by one of the blond woman's slim hands.

“Now, now.” She muttered, “Behave properly to your host. Just because you're powerful doesn't mean you can think that I can't put you in your place if you misbehave.” The black haired girl glared at her but lowered her arm... thing... without complaint, an act with made you feel slightly relieved although you weren't entirely sure why. You did know however that the hairs which had stood up on the back of your neck upon hearing the ominous humming had now fallen back into a much more natural, and less spooked, position. “See? You're scaring the poor man.” The blond states, smiling at both you and the weirdo. “And do put your wings away before you knock something over, please.”

You pause at the and your face slowly pales as your brain - prompted by the blond woman's words - takes in the presence of two vast black-feathered wings that spill out from under the girl's cape. “Wh-” you begin, your voice shaking, one hand raising up to point at her wings - which were moving. Now, you didn't know much about things like special effects or costumes or anything like that, but you did know enough about both biology and engineering to know that it was impossible to build something, anything, that could move so realistically. Therefore the wings must be real. “What are... what are those?”

Except humans didn't have wings. Therefore the wings couldn't be real.

Unless... she really wasn't human...

“Unyuu~” The girl looks at you, confused, and has one finger up against her lips in an 'i'm puzzled' expression. “What's wrong with him?” She asks, giving the blond woman a glance. “Hasn't he seen a person with wings before?”

“No-one has seen such a thing out here,” The woman responds, “I thought I explained this to everyone already - Gensokyo has been sealed from the outside for so long that no-one alive here has ever actually seen someone like you - or indeed any youkai - before.” She looks at you and smiles brightly, “He's taking it better than expected actually - look, he's almost completely under control.”

And, indeed, you were. Barely at least. Okay, you were absolutely goddamn terrified of the winged monster girl, but there was some tiny and surprisingly loud part of your mind which had, in the midst of your terror, sat the rest of your mind down and told it, in no uncertain terms: “If this girl with wings is a terrifying monster, then what is the woman who can make her back down so easily?” That thought alone was the one thing that stood between you and an attempt to escape out of the back door, make a break for the car and drive like hell until this place was little more than a speck on the horizon.

Stay calm. That voice said. Stay abso-fucking-lutely calm. Totally neutral. Switzerland even.

Mechanically you lift your hand and slurp from the contents, doing your best to act as if nothing at all was wrong. As response bubbles up in your mind, and before you know quite what you're saying you hear yourself ask a simple question.

“Tea?” You offer, not entirely sure why that of all questions came out.

“Eh?” The girl glances down at the cups arrayed on the nearby counter, “Sweet! I haven't had anything 'cept that weird 'soda' stuff since we came out the mountains!” Watching her eye up the cups like a child, searching for the 'most full' one, your fear of her dissipates slightly as she seems to be somewhat more... human now. The fact that her wings were now once again hidden under her cape did, however, have more than a little to do with this though.

“Now you better not take advantage of this,” the blond woman states as 'Utsuho' picks up a cup from the back of the selection. “Or else I'll have to tell that lovely Ms. Komeiji just how you've been acting.” That stops her dead, mid sip, and even makes her face go pale. “Now, I think it would be best if you could perhaps leave us for a while so I can... explain a few things to your host?”

Utsuho looks at you and sticks out her tongue before turning away and walking off into the living room, sipping at her cup and occasionally shooting an evil glance back at the blond woman - though a quick glare from said woman soon sent her scurrying away and out of sight.

“Honestly,” the woman sighed, “Just like a child. What is it with powerful youkai acting so immature? You'd think they were just born last century with the way some of them act.”


[ ] Action
>> No. 70991
[x] "asdfghjkl"
[x] Pass out, what the hell.
>> No. 70992
[X] "What. The. Hell."
[X] Some explanations would certainly be good right about now.
[X] But first, see if there's anything stronger to drink in the kitchen.
>> No. 70994
[X] Sip your fucking tea.
[X] What's that, you're holding the cup so tightly that the handle is beginning to crack?
[X] Oh look, you can't seem to speak anything other than brief nonsense sounds. That's not very helpful.
[X] "Tea?"

And it all comes crashing down. The facade has to break before we can begin to repair it, stronger than before.
>> No. 70996
[\!/] See if there's anything stronger to drink in the kitchen.

That's it. Getting smashed, Ryougi style.
>> No. 70997
[X] "What. The. Hell."
[X] Some explanations would certainly be good right about now.
[X] But first, see if there's anything stronger to drink in the kitchen.
>> No. 70999
>>70990

[X] "Century...?"
[X] Sip tea.
[X] "You've been slipping a lot of hints ma'am, and after meeting with Ms. Utsuho, I'd be quite the idiot to think my charges are normal in any way."
[X] "I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't just a little bit disturbed by Ms. Utsuho's attributes."
[X] "So, before you introduce me to another guest, can you please tell me exactly what I'm getting into?"

Why so scared, Anon?
>> No. 71000
[X] Sip your fucking tea.
[X] What's that, you're holding the cup so tightly that the handle is beginning to crack?
[X] Oh look, you can't seem to speak anything other than brief nonsense sounds. That's not very helpful.
[X] "Tea?"

I like this very much
>> No. 71002
>“Honestly,” the woman sighed, “Just like a child. What is it with powerful youkai acting so immature? You'd think they were just born last century with the way some of them act.”

[x] Laugh politely at her joke. (That was a joke right? Right.)
[x] See if there's anything stronger to drink in the kitchen.
>> No. 71003
[X] "What. The. Hell."
[X] Some explanations would certainly be good right about now.
[X] But first, see if there's anything stronger to drink in the kitchen.
>> No. 71006
[X] "What. The. Hell."
[X] Some explanations would certainly be good right about now.
[X] But first, see if there's anything stronger to drink in the kitchen.
>> No. 71007
[X]"So, where is the liquor cabinet? I have a feeling I'm going to need it soon."
[X] Some explanations would certainly be good right about now.
[X] But first, see if there's anything stronger to drink in the kitchen.
>> No. 71008
[X] "What. The. Hell."
[X] Some explanations would certainly be good right about now.
[X] But first, see if there's anything stronger to drink in the kitchen.

Oh Yukari, you and your crazy shenanigans!
>> No. 71011
[X] "Century...?"
[X] Sip tea.
[X] "You've been slipping a lot of hints ma'am, and after meeting with Ms. Utsuho, I'd be quite the idiot to think my charges are normal in any way."
[X] "I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't just a little bit disturbed by Ms. Utsuho's attributes."
[X] "So, before you introduce me to another guest, can you please tell me exactly what I'm getting into?"

You know, despite the fact that we almost died there, we still haven't seen any of our tenants' powers. Sure the first girl acted wierd, but she was friendly enough. The second girl looked wierd and threatened us with a stick, but also didn't do anything, as teh blonde woman didn't let her. The only real threat seems to come from the blonde woman, who seems to have enough power to trump all the others, and she seems to think you're useful...for now. Fear is the mind killer.
>> No. 71012
[X]"So, where is the liquor cabinet? I have a feeling I'm going to need it soon."
[X] Some explanations would certainly be good right about now.
[X] But first, see if there's anything stronger to drink in the kitchen.

So we've likely got the idiot, the other idiot, the idiot's mother figure, the idiots evil friend, the woman the idiot visits occasionally.

I was sort of hoping for a clash between people, rather than a well adjusted group of associates.

I wonder who the 6th is....
>> No. 71015
[X] Sip your fucking tea.
[X] What's that, you're holding the cup so tightly that the handle is beginning to crack?
[X] "...Huh ...Dad was right, Youkai DO exist... The old bastard was right all along..."
[X] See if there's anything stronger to drink in the kitchen. Like that whiskey you were saving for a special occasion. This is defiantly special enough.
>> No. 71028
[Z] Sip your fucking tea.
[Z] What's that, you're holding the cup so tightly that the handle is beginning to crack?
[Z] "...Huh ...Dad was right, Youkai DO exist... The old bastard was right all along..."
[Z] See if there's anything stronger to drink in the kitchen. Like that whiskey you were saving for a special occasion. This is defiantly special enough.
>> No. 71029
[x] Cry
[x] Fetal position under table
[x] "Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god..."
>> No. 71047
Why is everyone voting for this guy to act like a coward? Is this the same guy who, about two threads ago, shrugged at the fact that he has been taken captive by some strange woman who knows his name, where he lives, and was able to take all of his possessions with absolutely no resistance. Not to mention that she told him that she wouldn't let him escape from before he even met the first tenant.

He was barely even phased then. Now, just because he sees a pair of wings, he's shitting his pants? What the hell?
>> No. 71048
>>71047

Even calm people break sometimes. It's human to do so.

After what he's been though, he now knows that two of his tenants are from a foreign land, apparently one is 'not human' as well as his captor, and in the simplest of terms, the three he's met so far are 'freaks'.

The only thing that could be going on in anybody's mind right now, is "If those three act like this, what the hell are the rest of my tenants going to be like?!"

Right now, he has four more people to meet. Even if he doesn't technically 'lose it', another thing would be irritation getting the better of him and thinking "That's it, this is bullshit, I'm leaving. You expect me to put up with crap like that?"

Lastly, most votes that break away from his 'calm' are pretty much jokes for everyone to poke at, disregarding those who would rather he had a different personality and are desperately trying to change it while they still have a chance.
>> No. 71049
>>71047
The first part is plausible, if unlikely.
The second, impossible.
>> No. 71051
>>71047
if you weren't a touhou fan, and a person walked in with a real pair of wings, how do you think that you'd react?
>> No. 71053
>>71051

"...Wow....th...that is...FUCKING COOL! That is the most amazing shit I've seen! Can you fly with those? Aren't they heavy? Man, I have to call my people, this shit is amazing! What about that arm? Is what does that do....what? Nuclear fission? DUDE!"

yup.
>> No. 71061
>>71053

You say that now, but if it actually happened, you'd be speechless. If not already shitting yourself.

Also, regarding the story... Who would give such a smug bitch the attention she wants?
>> No. 71074
>>71051
Having actually considered this in the past--and I've considered a good many things that will most likely never happen--

I'd probably ask, "Is it hard getting into a shirt with those?"
>> No. 71075
>>Also, regarding the story... Who would give such a smug bitch the attention she wants?

I would. You attract more flies with honey (and bullshit) than you do with vinegar, after all, and if a little ego-stroking is what it takes to keep someone pacified, then so be it.
>> No. 71090
[ ] What. The. Hell. wins~

Just to warn, blatant meta knowledge use will not be interpreted in such ways and is frowned upon highly.
>> No. 71091
>>71090

for future reference, which of the choices this round seemed to give our main to much knowledge on what the girls could do?
>> No. 71093
>>71061
I would probably do what I do whenever I see someone extremely beautiful: look until noticed, then look away out of embarrassment.

...I didn't say I was cool... :-(
>> No. 71094
>>71093

One of these anons is not like the other, one of these anons just doesn't belong

First time I've seen an anonymous admitting he has a small penis. It's rather disturbing.
>> No. 71095
>>7109
I think he's referring to the choice from the last round that didn't win. You know, the one with all the bad puns that centered around nuclear fusion?
>> No. 71099
[ ] Spinning
>> No. 71100
>>71095
I mean in general, there's been some skirting of it and more than a little arguing on the subject of meta-knowledge elsewhere.

As writer i technically have the power to veto votes and whatnot, but no matter how i come down on this i'm sure to piss a lot of people off by doing or not doing something.

So, for sake of argument i'll just say - try not to make Govanon actively act on stuff he doesn't know if you can. (Eg: why would he worry about something like Danmaku when, at the moment, he doesn't even know of the existance of Danmaku.) I suppose i'll just have to not be too anal-retentive about meta-knowledge use in exchange.
>> No. 71101
[X] Motherly
>> No. 71102
File 122879596749.jpg - (178.85KB , 530x600 , Yuyukarin.jpg ) [iqdb]
71102
You stare at the woman's back as she looks out into the living room through which Utsuho had left.

“What,” you begin, causing her to turn around and raise one eyebrow. Setting your teacup down on the counter behind, you give her your best glare - one heavily watered down by the sick feeling in your stomach. “The. Hell?” you finish, then wave one hand dismissively before she can answer.

“No,” you say, “No, I'm going to need something to drink before I hear this - I just know it.”

“Drinks cabinet is up there.” The woman states, pointing at a small wall-mounted cabinet in one corner of the room. “Not the good stuff of course, that's in the dining room, but I suspect cooking quality alcohol will be alright?” Cooking alcohol would be absolutely fine - it was strong and there was likely to be plenty of it.

A glass was soon produced, along with a bottle of... actually you had no idea what it was but it was a red-brown color and smelled like it could strip paint with it's fumes alone. A good measure was sloshed into the glass and, after a brief gulp, you downed the contents in one go before pitching forward and coughing at the burning in your throat. You'd never been that heavy a drinker and you'd certainly not tried... whatever this was... before - though like all employees you had been obliged to drink something at all the various after-work drinking sessions you occasionally got invited to. Wines, or Beers, were generally more to your taste - mostly because you could easily nurse them for some time in order to avoid getting totally smashed like some of your ex-co-workers used to. Hey - maybe that was another plus point to this? You'd never have to drag your co-workers drunken, vomit covered bodies to their homes ever again.

Instead you'd have to deal with... monsters.

“You can have another you know,” The woman murmurs from behind you, “I don't mind if you do.”

“No...” You grumble ins response, though you do pour another measure of alcohol into your glass - just in case you needed it. “If I'm going to be given an explanation, then I expect to be sober enough to understand it.”

“That's fair enough I suppose,” she states as you turn to face her. “Then lets perhaps begin with what I missed out during our ride her.” She smirks, “My name is Yakumo Yukari, and I am a Youkai.” Idly she picks her cup from where she had left it and takes a sip.

“Wait, wait wait wait,” You wave one hand in front of your face. “Youkai? As in 'spiritual being'? I remember hearing about that kind of crap from my grandfather - but that's just religious nonsense.”

“And was what you just saw nonsense?” Yukari responds, “You're a scientist, an engineer - I know people like you trust their own eyes over stories people tell them. So, tell me, are you going to ignore what your eyes have already told you today?”

You stare at her, then at the drink in your hand. You jostle the glass and make the liquid inside swirl around for a few moments as you think hard. “No.” You say eventually, “I know what I saw, and I saw a girl with actual wings - real ones, however the hell that's supposed to work.”

“What you saw was a Youkai,” explains the woman opposite you, “Specifically she is a greater hell-crow, one of sufficient power to assume a human...” She pauses and shrugs, “well... human-ish form. Some youkai are better at that kind of things than others, though their power isn't necessarily indicative of who is and who isn't capable of doing it well.”

“Was... Was Miss Meiling a youkai too?” You ask, a small spark of curiosity having awoken deep inside you. “I didn't see anything about her that seemed... uh...”

“Inhuman?” Yukari says, leaving you to nod at her completion of your sentence. “Well, Youkai like her have an easier time of it. I'm sure you've heard the stories that an animal which lives long enough can become a demon?” You nod again, still swishing your drink around in it's glass. “Simply put that story is more or less true - though there is far, far more involved in such a transition than mere age. Anyhow, it can happen with any creature - animal, plant or human - and more than a few inanimate objects too.”

“Tsukumogami?” you suggest, doing your best to remember those hazy memories of your grandfather telling you such stories about things like geta sandals and paper lanterns turning into monsters if left long enough.

Yukari simply nods, “That would be the result of such a thing, yes, though truthfully even I am not entirely sure how some of those objects make the transition without aid. Simply put, anything can become a youkai if the conditions are right. Meiling was most likely a normal human girl beforehand - for a given value of 'normal' at least, since there must have been something about her that prompted her transition.” Yukari shrugs, “Whatever it was, it basically means that her human form is also her natural youkai form.”

“And how about you?” You ask, staring hard at the woman, who simply raises one hand to her mouth and quite blatantly feigns a blush. “What did, uh... what are... I mean, that is to say...?” you trail off into a sort of embaressed

“My my,” She giggles, “And you barely even know me.” Shrugging she removes her hand and smiles, “I'm afraid I can't answer that,” she states in a seemingly apologetic tone, “For one thing I'm on a somewhat... different... level from most youkai, and for another if you actually saw me in my entirety I'm pretty sure your brain would implode.”

“... is that so?” You ask, wondering what the hell she could mean by that, and feeling maybe more than a touch intimidated for some reason. “So, is that... everything?”

“Oh! Heavens no! There are Fairies, Death Gods, Snow Maidens, Vampires, Goddesses...Almost every spiritual being you can imagine resides in Gensokyo” Yukari laughs again, “I haven't even told you half of what you need to survive! But don't worry, Meiling is perfectly safe and Utsuho is... mmm... excitable. Threatening to report her to her master, Komeiji Satori, should however be more than enough to make her back down unless you do anything to really offend her. For the most, however, I'm afraid I must allow you to develop your own impressions of the girls.”

“Are you going to tell me anything more about this 'Gensokyo' though?” You ask, “I'm assuming it's important as everyone seems to come from there.”

Shrugging Yukari sips at her tea thoughtfully for a few moments, “Not too much to tell,” she states eventually, “Gensokyo is, or was, a sealed off area intended to let youkai and other similar beings exist - the outside world had become... mmm... 'less than hospitable' shall we say. In Gensokyo, and don't assume there aren't other places like it around the world, we were all meant to simply wait until the outer world became hospitable again or...” She trails off and looks down at her cup. “Yes, well, we managed to pick up quite the diverse selection of... unique individuals over the years. And then came the recent planetary alignment and 'pop' went the little self-contained bubble that was Gensokyo. I think, Mr Ryougi, that someone as smart as you can easily see how this links up with what you've already been told.”

“They need help adapting to the modern world,” you whisper, receiving a nod of confirmation in response. “I assume... there are four more girls?” You whisper, looking down at your glass as the blond woman nods again. There was something that still seemed off about the situation, but Yukari's explanation hadn't possessed any particularly glaring holes in it that you could see... So for now you couldn't come up with any particular argument or objection against it. “Right then,” you say instead, downing your drink and gasping once again at it's burning taste, “Lets get this over with -”


[ ] Motherly
[ ] Strongest!
[ ] Spinning
[ ] Rumia

Goddamn posting cockups.
I'll count prior votes for this post, don't worry.
>> No. 71103
[X] Motherly
>> No. 71104
[ ] Rumia
>> No. 71105
[X] Spinning

Still saving Motherly for last, personally. Just have a nice wind down with the more normal residents, then conclude with a reassuring figure. Unless this is Yukari, in which case we conclude with likely the most traumatic; but hey, at least that seems dramatically appropriate in many ways.
>> No. 71107
[X] Spinning
>> No. 71108
[X] Motherly
[X] "With all this shit being shoved down my throat, that sounds like the safest one."
[X] "I hope."
>> No. 71109
[ ] Spinning

do want
>> No. 71110
[X] Motherly
>> No. 71111
[X] Motherly
>> No. 71113
[x] Spinning

~spin ~spin
>> No. 71114
[X] Spinning

Like a record, baby, right round round round.
>> No. 71115
[\!/] Spinning

KATTOKATTOKATTOKATTOKATTOKATTOKATTOKATTOKATTO
or a DRILLU BREAKA is fine, too.
>> No. 71116
[x] Spinning
[x] Down the contents of the bottle
[x] Spinning girl, spinning room - here we have the toast-on-cat paradox.
>> No. 71118
[X] Spinning
>> No. 71120
[X] Spinning
Hoping for Hina. But Iku is fine too.
>> No. 71122
[] KATTO!
[X] Motherly
>> No. 71123
{X} Spinning
>> No. 71125
[X] SPINNING

CLICK. WHIRR.
>> No. 71126
[X] Spinning

Needs moar Hina.
>> No. 71128
[x] Spinning

Save the best (Motherly) for last.
>> No. 71129
[X] Spinning
>> No. 71130
>“For one thing I'm on a somewhat... different... level from most youkai, and for another if you actually saw me in my entirety I'm pretty sure your brain would implode.”
Yukari fhtagn?
>> No. 71132
>>71130

FFFFFF

Yukari as one of the old ones? Well, she does sleep alot.
>> No. 71137
>>71130
Yukari has complete control over opening of gaps and blurring of boundaries. She's obviously Yog-sothoth given human form, or a ZUN-ified version of Wilbur Whateley.
>> No. 71138
Yukari knows the gate. Yukari is the gate. Yukari is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yukari. She knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again. She knows where They have trod earth's fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread.
>> No. 71151
[ ] Motherly
Our sanity needs reinforcement right now.

As for yukari, she is one of about 5 of the touhou girls with enough power to directly threaten the wellbeing of gensokyo, so, yes, arguably she is a gensokyo old one.
>> No. 71154
[X] Motherly
>> No. 71155
[x]Motherly

It's probably Ran.
>> No. 71156
>>71151
Yukari is also mother to all of Gensokyo.
>> No. 71159
>>71102
>“... is that so?” You ask,

...

[x] Rumia

>>71156
"Mother to Gensokyo" has already been said: See >>70479 .
>> No. 71178
[x] Spinning.
>> No. 71187
File 122888245852.jpg - (151.22KB , 850x625 , spinhinaspin.jpg ) [iqdb]
71187
“- by finding out who is supposed to go with, oh,” You pause for a moment and think, “'Spinning' I guess.” Spinning sounded harmless enough to you, as did Motherly but the other two choices were perhaps a little more concerning. You did, after all, have absolutely no idea what to think of 'Rumia' as a description, and if 'Strongest!' was someone who was anything like Utsuho...

“Spinning it is then!” Yukari exclaims, snapping her fingers. As she does you catch the briefest glance of something in the air next to her. “She'll be along shortly,” the woman states, “don't worry, she's perfectly safe!”

You stare at Yukari, “For a given value of safe?” You add, causing her to all but squeal with glee. Giving her a deadpan look you glance at the door between the kitchen and the dining room, “I think I'm starting to see how this works,” you mutter as you hear the front door open and shut. You're not sure how exactly this Youkai woman had signaled for the next guest to come along, but you suspected it was to do with that little whatever-it-was you caught sight of when she had snapped her fingers. It seemed vital to you, for some reason, that you built up a picture of this Yakumo Yukari and her apparent abilities as quickly as you possibly could - you couldn't tell quite where this sense of urgency was coming from, but it seemed almost as if every tiny part of your body was telling you that you needed to be prepared.

Ha! If your father had heard you say something like that, he'd probably begin spouting off about your 'priestly blood reacting' or some such crap like that. Huh, that was probably something to think about actually - if you were living with a bunch of youkai then it would probably best to make double sure that none of your family found out just in case they tried something stupid. Come to that... how many people actually knew this was even going on? From what you had read in the car on the way here, part of your task was to get the girls to blend in with modern society... evidently it had meant that in more ways than just the one.

“Good day.” You cease your pondering at the feminine voice coming from just outside the kitchen. Looking over you see... You gulp at the sight of a woman hovering a good half foot off the tiled floor of the kitchen. Had you not already had the idea of youkai explained to you then, perhaps, you might have freaked out at this. As it was you were... unnerved, and there were parts of you that were definitely protesting the physicality of the situation but for the most part you were in control. The woman slowly bobbed up and down in mid-air, giving you a good view of her and her elaborate outfit. It was red - several shades of it ranging from dark wine reds to bright ruby tones - and decorated with multiple green spiral shapes as well as red-and-green ribbons and sections of white lace here and there. Her hair was long and came down to below her shoulders, though a good portion of it had been pulled over over to her front and tied with a ribbon close to her collar - possibly so that it would draw your eye from her face down and to her chest. It was also a disconcerting shade of green that you suspected probably wasn't dyed as you would expect from such a color though, now you thought about hair dye your mind immediately jumped to connecting her as being similar to those weird gothic lolita cosplayers who you used to see now and then back when you were in university. Did the gothic lolita style exist in Gensokyo? Or was it something this woman had simply stumbled across on her own?

“Uh, good day?” you respond, figuring that you had perhaps spent a touch too long examining the woman's appearance. “It's, er, nice to meet you?” Now that you were focusing on her you felt... something. You couldn't even begin to describe what that something was, but you could tell that whatever this feeling was it seemed to be dampening the fear you felt from Yukari in some way - though it did nothing to make you feel any less worried about either of your guests.

“You must be Shiki Ryogi, I am Kagiyama Hina. It is nice to meet you after all we have been told.” The woman replies, giving you a mid-air curtsy before drifting forwards slightly and looking down at you. “I must admit, however, that I was expecting someone perhaps... a little taller?”

Over where she stood Yukari laughed, “Maybe he'd meet your standards when you land!” she exclaimed, causing the woman named Hina to blush as red as her dress.

“I'm flying?” She asked, her voice small, “I'm so terribly sorry!” she adds as she suddenly drops, her feet hitting the ground with a sharp tap of shoe on tile and she stumbles slightly - evidently having misjudged her height in her embarrassment. “I'm so used to... Sometimes I just forget that...” She shakes her head to cut off her babbling and stands up straight, “That is to say,” she begins beck in her original slightly formal tone, “Sometimes it is difficult to remember to keep my feet on the ground when I am required to do so as I am simply too used to flying at all times. Please accept my apologies.”

“Er... uh, yeah, uh, sure.” You're not too sure how to respond to this woman's formal speech as it was far less familiar to you than the common speech you were used to. Heck, even when you were at work you rarely had much need to use formal speech except for those few times you had to deal with the higher-up bosses. Her slip when flustered, however, made you feel somewhat more comfortable as it showed that she herself was quite capable of speaking less formally - if not outright implying that she was more used to such.

“Then, Mister Ryogi,” Hina begins, “Is there perhaps anything you wish to be asking of me?”

[ ] Response
>> No. 71188
>>71187

[z] "Does the carpet match the drapes?"
>> No. 71189
[X] "If you don't mind me asking... 'spinning?'"
[X] "Oh, and," gesture to the cups, "would you like some tea?"

And, assuming she actually demonstrates her spinning:

[X] There's something about that spinning that's very... "Charming..."

Ah~ Hina~

Hopefully we can teach her to relax around us enough that she doesn't strain herself with formal speaking.
>> No. 71190
File 122888354932.png - (467.87KB , 640x480 , TATARIFORMING.png ) [iqdb]
71190
[ ] ArE yOu AnXiOuS, hInA?

[x] "Out of all the adjectives you could use to describe yourself, why 'spinning'?"
>> No. 71191
[x] "Out of all the adjectives you could use to describe yourself, why 'spinning'?"
>> No. 71192
[ ] So. . . Spinning, eh? So uh. . .Do you like. . . Drills?
>> No. 71194
[X] "If you don't mind me asking... 'spinning?'"
[X] "Oh, and," gesture to the cups, "would you like some tea?"

And, assuming she actually demonstrates her spinning:

[X] There's something about that spinning that's very... "Charming..."
>> No. 71196
File 122888689523.jpg - (181.99KB , 600x811 , 1215295750799.jpg ) [iqdb]
71196
[\!/] "Out of all the adjectives you could use to describe yourself, why 'spinning'?"

If you, writefag in question, can write a greatmonologue on why Hina loves to spin...I'll love you long time.
>> No. 71197
File 122888694211.jpg - (33.89KB , 297x297 , spinning.jpg ) [iqdb]
71197
[x] "Out of all the adjectives you could use to describe yourself, why 'spinning'?"
We should step up our resistance and give her a good spin for her money.
>> No. 71201
[X] "Out of all the adjectives you could use to describe yourself, why 'spinning'?"
[X] "Oh, and," gesture to the cups, "would you like some tea?"
>> No. 71202
[x] "Out of all the adjectives you could use to describe yourself, why 'spinning'?"

I'd also like to throw in a wise crack about the short sightedness that is shown by flying while wearing a dress ;-)
>> No. 71203
File 122889172946.jpg - (464.43KB , 945x896 , 1208666054063.jpg ) [iqdb]
71203
[X] "If you don't mind me asking... 'spinning?'"
[X] "Oh, and," gesture to the cups, "would you like some tea?"

And, assuming she actually demonstrates her spinning:

[X] There's something about that spinning that's very... "Charming..."


Polite and slightly clutzy Hina~ You will be my goal for this campaign because you are so god damn moe~
>> No. 71205
[ ] "If you don't mind me asking... 'spinning?'"
[ ] "Oh, and," gesture to the cups, "would you like some tea?"
[ ] NO NOT THOSE CUPS WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU POINTING AT
>> No. 71207
[X] "If you don't mind me asking... 'spinning?'"
[X] "Oh, and," gesture to the cups, "would you like some tea?"
[X] YES, YES THOSE CUPS, DO IT!

Hina SPIIIIIINS into everything~
>> No. 71208
>>71188
I lol'd heartily.

[x] "If you don't mind me asking... 'spinning?'"
[x] "Oh, and," gesture to the cups, "would you like some tea?"
>> No. 71209
Calling
Why so spinny? and CUPS

have fun~
>> No. 71210
Will we, one day, spin for Hina?
http://xkcd.com/162/
>> No. 71213
Hope ~Hina~ won't go http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm5475951 on our ass.
>> No. 71216
>>71213
Of course she won't. There aren't any drums nearby.
>>71210
Also, this comic bugs me. angular momentum for a closed system is conserved, so spinning would have no net effect (except, perhaps increasing the entropy of the system)
>> No. 71221
File 122890757667.jpg - (290.13KB , 600x800 , rotation.jpg ) [iqdb]
71221
You think for a moment and look the green-haired woman over, “Well, nothing seems to come to mind,” you begin. That was something of a blatant lie as you had question upon question you wanted to ask - but you were pretty sure it would be rude to simply bombard someone with all of them in one go. Things like that could wait until you had got to know the girls a little better. Still, there was something you were curious about that didn't seem too rude a question to ask. “Though, now I think about it,” you begin, causing Hina to cock her head to look at you. “I am kind of curious as to why you decided to use the word 'spinning' to represent yourself.”

“Oh,” Hina stares at you for a moment, “Well, that is an unusually forthright question,” she states, slowly as if she were picking her words with some care. “But I can see why you might wish to understand such a thing.” She ducks slightly and, with a little hop, lifts herself a few inches into the air where she sort of falls maybe an inch or so before her fall simply halts and leaves her hovering just slightly off the floor. “There are many reasons,” she begins as she starts to twist in the air, “So many people simply fail to see and appreciate the beauty that exists all around them,” she states as she rotates until her back is towards you, “Everybody always seems to focus on what is ahead and forgets to look behind or beside,” She's facing you again now, and flashes you a tiny little smile, “But as I spin I get to take in everything, missing nothing, and never having to worry about seeing any of life pass me by without me knowing about it.”

“Er...” You watch her spin for several long moments as she speeds up until she's almost a blur, then slows down again to a gentle rotation and eventually comes to a stop. “Of course,” she says, “it helps immeasurably that I cannot actually get dizzy or sick from my spinning, since if I couldn't spin I would also have a harder time performing my duties.”

“Duties?” You inquire, “Uh, not anything too important I hope.”

There's a pause as you see her eyes flash, “Of course they're important!” She exclaims, before catching herself and taking a deep breath. “Though I cannot expect someone without knowledge of the spiritual to understand the importance of the tasks I perform daily.”

Did she just call you stupid? You weren't entirely sure, but you thought she just had done exactly that. “I meant,” you stress, “That I hoped it wasn't anything that would be too badly affected by you being here for... however long you have to be here.”

“Oh,” Hina falters for a moment, “I thought you meant... I mean...” she straightens again with another calming breath and then gives you a shallow bow, “I apologize, I misunderstood the intent behind your words for those of insult.”

You sigh and put one hand against your forehead in exasperation. It was obvious to you that this woman was putting on her formal outer appearance, but she seemed determined to keep it up and you didn't really have any way to politely ask her to stop. “You don't have to be so formal if you don't want to,” you mutter, not really expecting her to listen to you even as you say it. “Oh, and, there's some tea of you would like some,” You vaguely gesture in that direction, “It's in those cups over there.”

“I don't think it's tea you'll find in those cups.” Yukari snickers from over where she's standing. “But I'm sure you'll find something of interest in them, no?”

“What the hell are you talking a... bout...” You trail off as you follow the line of your arm to its end, a mere inch at most away from Hina's chest. With lightning speed you pull it back and, red faced, are bowing and babbling an apology to the puzzled looking woman.

“Hm? Is there something wrong?” She asks, looking at you curiously, “As misfortunes go a minor slip like that is hardly something to apologize so fiercely about.” Selecting a cup of tea she raises it slowly to her lips and, after a quick sniff of the steam rising from it, takes a sip. “In fact, it is I who should apologize to you for not taking care of that misfortune the moment I observed it. It is entirely my fault that it was allowed to affect your actions in such an embarrassing and unfortunate manner.”

Sighing she glances out of the kitchen window. "There is much misfortune here, and before any of it causes further difficulties I would appreciate it greatly if I would be allowed to take my leave in order to deal with it."

You nod dumbly as the woman, still holding your teacup turns and drifts, with a slight up and down bobbing action which draws your eye to... well, it certainly draws your eye anyway. Before leaving she pauses and looks over her shoulder at you. “Should I request for anyone else to make their way to introduce themselves?” she asks, and you see Yukari nod out of the corner of your eye.


[ ] Motherly
[ ] Strongest!
[ ] Rumia
>> No. 71222
[ ] Rumia
>> No. 71223
[X] Rumia
I wonder who it could be.
>> No. 71225
{X} Rumia
>> No. 71226
[X] Rumia

I'm guessing this is Genji.
>> No. 71227
[b] Motherly
>> No. 71228
[ ] Strongest!
>> No. 71229
[x] Motherly
>> No. 71232
File 12289121084.jpg - (179.80KB , 500x500 , 121002834472.jpg ) [iqdb]
71232
[\!/] Rumia

Hi, little mi---
OH SHIT WHAT THE HELL.
>> No. 71235
[x] Rumia

>>71227>>71229
best for last, bros.
>> No. 71236
[X] Are you good to eat?
>> No. 71238
[X] Rumia~
>> No. 71241
[X] Rumia
>> No. 71259
[x] Rumia

Also, I'd like to make an advance vote:

[x] When you get to motherly, make a comment about 'saving the best for last,' or something similar that says you've been looking forward to this one and been letting the anticipation build.

If it's Yukari, that's possibly some major brownie points with her.
>> No. 71260
>>71226
I giggled.
>> No. 71262
[x]Rumia

then Stongest and Motherly in that order. End it on a high note.
>> No. 71268
[X] Motherly
Just so we can truthfully say that we've been interested in her all along.
>> No. 71270
>>71259
Oh yes, this is awesome.
[X] Rumia
[X] When you get to motherly, make a comment about 'saving the best for last,' or something similar that says you've been looking forward to this one and been letting the anticipation build.
>> No. 71272
>>71270
If mammaries serve me, you always save the breast for last. I know we'll all be waiting in excitement and titillation
>> No. 71283
>>71272
it... it all makes sense! Doc is Ultros!
>> No. 71287
File 122894666271.jpg - (351.62KB , 814x1000 , 1220140015132.jpg ) [iqdb]
71287
I just thought this might be relevant to some of your interests.
>> No. 71288
>>71283

So, you could say he's Doc Ock?
>> No. 71297
>>71287
And then a rock falls on him.
>> No. 71298
File 122895531940.jpg - (539.98KB , 1067x1500 , 0001.jpg ) [iqdb]
71298
>>71297

Reminds me of that Yumemi Gokoti doujin with the Hina rape. Talk about karmic justice.
>> No. 71306
>>71288
>>71297

Then would that make him Doc Octorok?
>> No. 71310
>>71298
ROCKS FALL
>> No. 71311
>>71310
everybody plays SA?
>> No. 71318
File 122896833461.jpg - (53.12KB , 500x499 , 1228608945546.jpg ) [iqdb]
71318
>>71287

K1?!
>> No. 71327
>>71318
Can't see it.

If anything, it looks like...

...

Now I can't unsee that. Goddammit.
>> No. 71342
>>71298
Am i the only one who REALLY doesn't like those rape doujins? Too brutal, it makes me feel too sorry for them.
>> No. 71344
File 122899783681.jpg - (139.25KB , 638x539 , 1227931938659.jpg ) [iqdb]
71344
>>71342
>> No. 71345
>>71342

Hey, they were asking for it. I mean, dude, they raped Hina. Hina! A Curse Goddess! Of all targets in Gensokyo, they raped a goddess! If they had raped someone else they could have survived, but nope, had to be a curse goddess. Yeah, Hina is hot, I know, but sometimes you need to think with your upper head to survive.

The fucking deserved it.
>> No. 71346
>>71342
Excuse me for not putting it correctly-
"them"- the rape victims. why the hell would i feel sorry for the rapists? those fuckers can die, hell if i care.
But what exactly did Hina do to deserve it? that's the point.
That type of doujins, never liked'em, never will.
>> No. 71348
>>71346
>But what exactly did Hina do to deserve it? that's the point.
Absolutely nothing, and that's the point.
>> No. 71350
>>71348
That is exactly why i really don't like it.
being brutal like that is a major turnoff, imho.
>> No. 71352
“Rumia?” You suggest, causing Hina to blink in confusion.

“Rumia?” She replies, her formal facade fallen due to her surprise, “But isn't she-” She glances at Yukari for explaination.

“Just do it,” Yukari butts in before the woman can complete her objection, “You know as well as I do that it's the shrine maiden's fault for being lazy again.” She shrugs, “It's not like she hasn't complained about it ever since I brought you all out of Gensokyo's limits after all.”

Hina sighs and turns away from you, “Very well,” she whispers, “I'll send... 'Rumia'... along shortly.” As you watch her drifting out of the room you can only wonder what the hell this 'Rumia' was. Come to that, you're also wondering what exactly was the story with Hina, especially when it came to her obvious attempts to act formal and her 'work' which she seemed so fierce to defend.

“Curse goddess” Came Yukari's voice, as if she had anticipated the question you were preparing to ask her. “So she's not technically a youkai, but rather a spiritual being of a different sort. Unlike us youkai a goddess generally has a task to perform in the world, beyond that there's not really all that much of a difference.” You turn to look at the woman as she sips at her cup then looks down at it in disgust for a moment before holding it out to you. “More tea?” she requests as you notice that it's empty. Nodding you take the cup and move to fill it as she continues to speak. “Goddesses tend to require faith and such to keep themselves around, I don't entirely see quite how that's any different from the belief that all spiritual beings need... but then I'm a youkai, not a goddess. It would be like asking a cat to tell you how a dog thinks.” She nods at you as you hand her a now-refilled cup of tea. “Her particular domain is that of curses and misfortunes, specifically her duties involve gathering them up so they don't harm anyone. I hear she leaks though.” Sipping at her cup Yukari nods at the door, “Your next guest is here.”

“Eh?” Spinning to face the door you see... no-one. “Are you trying to creep me out?” You mutter, “I didn't even hear anyone come in, and there's no-one there.”

“Thats 'cuz I don't slam doors!” Came an angry yell from just to one side of the doorway leading to the dining and living room. “I have manners too you know!”

“Er... Okay?” You state, more to yourself than to... whoever it was. “So... uh...”

Yukari, however, merely smirked.

[ ] Action

Enough with the rape talk already.
Also, SUSPENSE and SURPRISE and MYSTERY over this guest hence the no picture.
>> No. 71353
"Rumia" isn't Rumia?

How disappointing.
>> No. 71354
>Also, SUSPENSE and SURPRISE and MYSTERY over this guest hence the no picture.
inb4 EX-Rumia
>> No. 71356
Might be Suika.
>> No. 71357
>>71354
>“You know as well as I do that it's the shrine maiden's fault for being lazy again.”
Oops. inb4Rinnosuke.
>> No. 71358
[X] Search for the owner of the voice
[X] "Tea?"
[X] Introductions and all that stuff, like, what's your name, etc, etc.

By it's manner of speech, it's Cirno, right? It's Cirno.
>> No. 71360
[ ] Action

[x] "you're invisible? what?"
>> No. 71361
[x] Greet "Rumia" with a handshake.

:awesome:
>> No. 71362
I'm guessing it's Sunny Milk
>> No. 71363
[X] "Ah, you're invisible?"
[X] "...tea?"
>> No. 71366
>“Thats 'cuz I don't slam doors!” Came an angry yell from just to one side of the doorway leading to the dining and living room.
Why is everyone thinking she's invisible? Isn't she just outside of the room?
>> No. 71367
File 122901595626.jpg - (153.16KB , 800x1030 , rumia089.jpg ) [iqdb]
71367
>>71366

Fair point.

[X] "Yes, I suppose shouting at your host constitutes good manners in some cultures. Really, I apologize, but you can't expect me to notice someone I neither hear nor see. Could I ask you to come in here, or would you prefer that I step out myself?"
[X] Keep some tea with you all the same.
[X] "Tea?"

Still, if "Rumia" isn't Rumia, I reiterate that I will be quite sad. Unspeakably sad.
>> No. 71389
[x] "Ah, an invisible person. Well, that sure explains a lot. Not that I'm too shocked by this after what I've seen, and now, am not seeing".
[x] "Hm... an invisible person... invisible woman... That's..." you grin, then shake your head in disgust. Stop thinking perverted thoughts, damn you!
[x] "Care to show yourself so that I may greet you and offer you a cup of tea? Or will you be staying that way so this lech may continue imagining you however he chooses?" as you say this you look back and wink at Yukari.
>> No. 71390
>>71361
you, sir, would lose a hand were it Rumia.

[x] "Its a pleasure to meet you?"
[x] Offer some tea.
[x] Introduce yourself
[x] "So could you tell me a little about yourself?"

just don't turn off the lights
>> No. 71392
Looks like some variation of:
"You're invisible" and "Tea?"
seems to have it.
>> No. 71399
>>71390
>you, sir, would lose a hand were it Rumia.

thatwasthejoke.tif
>> No. 71401
File 122903816439.jpg - (52.91KB , 640x480 , 1203485017415.jpg ) [iqdb]
71401
>>71399
you lost me.
>> No. 71402
File 122903924161.jpg - (88.99KB , 572x800 , AngryCirno.jpg ) [iqdb]
71402
Pausing you frown, “Hey,” you continue after a few moments, “For someone who has manners, isn't it pretty rude to yell at your host like that? I don't care if you're invisible, but that's just ru- What?” You cut off and glare at Yukari as she starts snickering, tea in one hand, the other covering her mouth. “Is there supposed to be something funny here?”

“Invisible?” The earlier voice states, it's tone flat. “What? Are you stupid?”

You twitch slightly as a girl steps into view from behind the corner of the doorway and into the kitchen. She's small, maybe up to you chest at most, yet she doesn't seem to look as child-like as you would expect someone that short to be. Loose light-blue hair sits in a mop atop her head, held into some semblance of order by a blue and white bow. Though she wears a simple red dress this is mostly covered by a cape, black on the outside and red on the inside, held in place around her neck by a red and white bow with a little pin decorated either side with brown wings. As if that wasn't enough you note a little trident-shaped pin attached to one side of the cape over her chest and a small golden ring pinned to the opposite side. Frankly, you're slightly impressed with how over the top she's gone with accessories.

All that, however, didn't seem to mean much compared to the six blue diamond-like wings that seem to be poking out from behind her shoulders and, wincing, you notice that all six of them had managed to scratch the woodwork around the door when she entered the kitchen.

“What kind of idiot are you?” The girl demands, glaring at you eye to eye. From Yukari you hear a barely contained snicker, though what she's laughing at you're not entirely sure. “Well?” The girl demands, whipping out one hand to point at you. “I'm talking to you!” Now she's moved, and her cape is out of the way, you can see that while her pointing hand is fine her other arm is wrapped, badly, in bandages and that she seems to be favoring it slightly as if it hurt. “Answer me!”

“Er...” You back away slightly at the yelling of the girl and, in response, quickly latch onto the first diversion you can think of. “Tea?” You offer, causing the girl to pause. “On the counter?”

Keeping an eye on you the girl stomps over to the counter you gesture at and peers at what's on it - lifting herself into the air to get a better view. This time, seeing someone simply rise up and hover doesn't seem quite so strange after Hina, but it's still perhaps a little unnerving. Looking over the cups the girl seems to take great care in deciding which one she wants but, if her personality is anything like her apparent age, you suspected she was trying to pick which cup had the most in it.

“I'm not staying.” The girl declares, picking one of the cups and talking a deep gulp of it... before choking, coughing and cursing. “It's too hot!” She declares, “And it tastes nasty!”

The next thing you know if ducking to one side to avoid a cup flying at your head which smashes into the wall behind you. Not hearing the splash of liquid you risk a glance back to see shards of teacup surrounding a small, shaped block of greenish-brown ice sitting on the counter behind you. Looking back you see the girl, now back on the floor, glaring at you again. Yukari you note is suspiciously silent, and when you shoot her a quick glance - expecting help - she simply shakes her head slightly. Evidently this situation is yours to deal with.

[ ] Response
>> No. 71403
>>71360
>>71363
>>71389

>“Invisible?” The earlier voice states, it's tone flat. “What? Are you stupid?”
>> No. 71404
Well that failed didn't it?
>> No. 71405
Hm. Would that mean 'Strongest' is Yuka?

[x] Crouch down beside her.
[x] "I don't suppose you can get me out of here as well?"
>> No. 71407
>Loose light-blue hair sits in a mop atop her head, held into some semblance of order by a blue and white bow. Though she wears a simple red dress this is mostly covered by a cape, black on the outside and red on the inside, held in place around her neck by a red and white bow with a little pin decorated either side with brown wings. As if that wasn't enough you note a little trident-shaped pin attached to one side of the cape over her chest and a small golden ring pinned to the opposite side. Frankly, you're slightly impressed with how over the top she's gone with accessories.

>Gestalt 9-squad

[x] Ruffle
[x] Lose arm
>> No. 71408
[X] Pinch her ear, pull her over.
[X] "For someone claiming to have manners, you're being rather poorly behaved."
[X] Release her ear.
[X] "Next time you decide you don't like something, just tell me instead of breaking it. Otherwise you'll never end up getting anything satisfactory. You get as much as you give, after all."
[X] Ruffle her hair.
[X] "Anyway, I've had a long day, so I'll just let it go this once. I'll clean that up myself in a moment; if there's something you'd like other than tea, go ahead and ask."

Lord, this is going to be worse than minding Marisa was last time.

Minor modification.
>> No. 71409
[x] "Not staying? Well! It seems we can agree on something, if not on the adequacy of the tea."
[x] Address Yukari sharply: "This 'Rumia' is clearly faulty. Take it back; I want another one."
>> No. 71410
[x] "So, I take it you're Rumia?"

...If only because Ryougi mixing up Rumia and Cirno's names sounds really funny to me right now.
>> No. 71411
File 122904378469.gif - (113.29KB , 800x600 , 33e03eb76661f8b459f8695e49026af3.gif ) [iqdb]
71411
[\!/] "Not staying? Well! It seems we can agree on something, if not on the adequacy of the tea."
[\!/] Address Yukari sharply: "This 'Rumia' is clearly faulty. Take it back; I want another one."

What crawled up her ass and refused to freeze?
>> No. 71413
[X] Address Yukari sharply: "This 'Rumia' is clearly faulty. Take it back; I want another one."
heh.

[X] Pinch her ear, pull her over.
[X] "For someone claiming to have manners, you're being rather poorly behaved."
[X] Release her ear.
Or something similar

[X] Ruffle her hair.
No.
>> No. 71414
[x] Just scream at her. Put on the scariest looking face you have and roar like the motherfucking Fist of the North Star until you lose your voice. I'm talking a face so wretched that your own mother will claw out her eyes and light herself on fire before jumping out of a fifty story building and getting hit by a car where the driver then proceeds to spin out of control, hitting a highly flammable propane truck and causing 911 to happen all over again in New York City. Blood flowing from your eyes like some B rank horror film. Just scare the little shit out of her misery.
>> No. 71415
[\!/] "Not staying? Well! It seems we can agree on something, if not on the adequacy of the tea."
[\!/] Address Yukari sharply: "This 'Rumia' is clearly faulty. Take it back; I want another one."
>> No. 71416
>>Loose light-blue hair sits in a mop atop her head, held into some semblance of order by a blue and white bow. Though she wears a simple red dress this is mostly covered by a cape, black on the outside and red on the inside, held in place around her neck by a red and white bow with a little pin decorated either side with brown wings. As if that wasn't enough you note a little trident-shaped pin attached to one side of the cape over her chest and a small golden ring pinned to the opposite side. Frankly, you're slightly impressed with how over the top she's gone with accessories.

So, she brought a part of the other squad members with her. I'm guessing she used the word Rumia because she didn't have her own blob of darkness.

[X] Pinch her ear, pull her over.
[X] "For someone claiming to have manners, you're being rather poorly behaved."
[X] Release her ear.
[X] "Next time you decide you don't like something, just tell me instead of breaking it. Otherwise you'll never end up getting anything satisfactory. You get as much as you give, after all."
[X] "Anyway, I've had a long day, so I'll just let it go this once. I'll clean that up myself in a moment; if there's something you'd like other than tea, go ahead and ask."
>> No. 71417
[X] Pinch her ear, pull her over, frown at her.
[X] "For someone claiming to have manners, you're being rather poorly behaved."
[X] Release her ear, smile.
[X] "Next time you decide you don't like something, just tell me instead of breaking it. Otherwise you'll never end up getting anything satisfactory. You get as much as you give, after all."
[X] "Anyway, I've had a long day, so I'll just let it go this once. I'll clean that up myself in a moment; if there's something you'd like other than tea, go ahead and ask."

Choice improvan games
>> No. 71423
>[] Pinch her ear
Anon's fingers go ice cold as frostbite quickly spreads up his arm. This is followed by a crack as it breaks off at the shoulder and then drops to the floor, shattering into a million gory pieces. "Ah.. that was my fapping arm..." anon says in dismay.

[Z] "Not staying? Well! It seems we can agree on something, if not on the adequacy of the tea."
[Z] Address Yukari sharply: "This 'Rumia' is clearly faulty. Take it back; I want another one."
[( '_')b] "She's obviously not up to the challenge. I didn't mean to drag children into this. It's ok for her to go home if she's not strong enough."
>> No. 71425
ITT Anon fails a diplomacy check.
>> No. 71427
While you all may think it's fun to go ahead and mock Cirno with the defective comment, bear in mind that she's just a child in mentality, and we're going to be living with her. Furthermore, I wouldn't be too surprised if that didn't just offend her, but offended Yukari as well, and that could be really bad.

We might as well try to start teaching Cirno some proper behavior right now, lest we have trouble down the road. Remember how much of a pain Marisa could be during the first Skittles? Well, this is looking like that to the Nth power.
>> No. 71428
[X] "Not staying eh? Nothing of value lost, I guess. I'm too young to be babysitting some bratty kid with a completely idiotic fashion sense."
>> No. 71430
>>71427
Well in all seriousness, I'm trying to goad her into staying by forming it as a challenge. Cirno seems like the type that that would work on.
>> No. 71436
File 122905986711.jpg - (58.41KB , 600x600 , d9182b4d30a79b98d68ac50ec1a9151f.jpg ) [iqdb]
71436
I'm going to make an assumption that Cirno really didn't want to leave, so she wrote Rumia's name instead. Well it backfired, and now she is being take away from the 9 squad and Letty. Lets try to sympathize with her.

AD is a strict vote counter, so be sure to delete previous votes if you want to go with this.

[x] "Look, I don't want to be here either. I was taken against my will and really didn't even sign up for this. Heck my friends and family don't even know what happened to me, and I especially didn't want to leave them."
[x] "We're both a bit shaken up and out of are element. I know, right? But we're stuck here for the time being, so could you give it a chance? For the both of us? Please? You'd be surprised how many cool things you'll find around here."
[x] Get her an icecream. "Here, try this instead"


Still half tempted to include this:
[] "Guess I'll need to find someone else to eat ALL THIS DELICIOUS CANDY with me..."
>> No. 71437
[x] "Look, I don't want to be here either. I was taken against my will and really didn't even sign up for this. Heck my friends and family don't even know what happened to me, and I especially didn't want to leave them."
[x] "We're both a bit shaken up and out of are element. I know, right? But we're stuck here for the time being, so could you give it a chance? For the both of us? Please? You'd be surprised how many cool things you'll find around here."
[x] Get her an icecream. "Here, try this instead"
>> No. 71438
[X] "Look, I don't want to be here either. I was taken against my will and really didn't even sign up for this. Heck my friends and family don't even know what happened to me, and I especially didn't want to leave them."
[X] "We're both a bit shaken up and out of are element. I know, right? But we're stuck here for the time being, so could you give it a chance? For the both of us? Please? You'd be surprised how many cool things you'll find around here."
[X] Get her an icecream. "Here, try this instead"

Aaw. I was hoping for "Rumia" to be Wriggle.
>> No. 71439
>>71436
I don't know about giving Yukari the impression that we don't want to be here. we filled out the document, so on some level we want to be here.
>> No. 71441
But saying we didn't want to leave our family is bullshit; we hate our family, and it's probably going to come up at some point. And hell, do we even know what friends we have?
>> No. 71443
Aww come on guys, this is going to be as easy as lying to a child. Because its basically lying to a child.


If you want to revise to make it more honest, that's fine. The entire point is to sympathize with her and make her feel less alone in this crazy twist of events. Challenging and putting her on the defensive would be harmful.
>> No. 71449
[X] "Look, I don't want to be here either. I was taken against my will and really didn't even sign up for this. Heck my friends and family don't even know what happened to me, and I especially didn't want to leave them."
[X] "We're both a bit shaken up and out of our element. I know, right? But we're stuck here for the time being, so could you give it a chance? For the both of us? Please? You'd be surprised how many cool things you'll find around here."
[X] Get her an icecream. "Here, try this instead"
>> No. 71450
[x] "Look, I don't want to be here either. I was taken against my will and really didn't even sign up for this. Heck my friends and family don't even know what happened to me, and I especially didn't want to leave them."
[x] "We're both a bit shaken up and out of are element. I know, right? But we're stuck here for the time being, so could you give it a chance? For the both of us? Please? You'd be surprised how many cool things you'll find around here."
[x] Get her an icecream. "Here, try this instead."
>> No. 71452
[X] "Look, I don't want to be here either. I was taken against my will and really didn't even sign up for this. Heck my friends and family don't even know what happened to me, and I especially didn't want to leave them."
[X] "We're both a bit shaken up and out of are element. I know, right? But we're stuck here for the time being, so could you give it a chance? For the both of us? Please? You'd be surprised how many cool things you'll find around here."
[X] Get her an icecream. "Here, try this instead."
>> No. 71454
Alteration because we canonically loathe our family, and I don't want to have to explain that shit when it eventually comes up in the story. Plus, I somehow doubt Cirno will like it if our tone is too patronizing.

[X] "Look, I didn't want to be here either; I circled some words on a paper entirely on a whim, and the next day I'm whisked away somewhere by a woman I've never met, informed that youkai are quite real, and forced to live with them. I haven't been given the option to back out, and I doubt you have either. You gotta do what you gotta do, kid; that's the only way you stay strong enough to get through life."
[X] "We're probably both out of our element here, but we're stuck. You may not like it much, but please try and stay civil; this will be a lot easier if we all get along."
[X] Check the fridge for ice cream, or fruit juice, or something. Something cold. "You don't like tea, so would you prefer something colder?"
>> No. 71456
[X] "Look, I didn't want to be here either; I circled some words on a paper entirely on a whim, and the next day I'm whisked away somewhere by a woman I've never met, informed that youkai are quite real, and forced to live with them. I haven't been given the option to back out, and I doubt you have either. You gotta do what you gotta do, kid; that's the only way you stay strong enough to get through life."
[X] "We're probably both out of our element here, but we're stuck. You may not like it much, but please try and stay civil; this will be a lot easier if we all get along."
[X] Check the fridge for ice cream, or fruit juice, or something. Something cold. "You don't like tea, so would you prefer something colder?"

I agree with the changes.
>> No. 71457
[x] "As far as I'm concerned, you're free to go if you like. I'm not particularly happy about being here either, and I've no intention of caring for a resident that does not wish to be one."
if she changes her mind:
[x]If you do wish to stay, I'll have to ask that you mind your manners from now on. I'm not expecting perfection, but I won't tolerate outright rudeness either."
>> No. 71458
[X] "Look, I didn't want to be here either; I circled some words on a paper entirely on a whim, and the next day I'm whisked away somewhere by a woman I've never met, informed that youkai are quite real, and forced to live with them. I haven't been given the option to back out, and I doubt you have either. You gotta do what you gotta do, kid; that's the only way you stay strong enough to get through life."
[X] "We're probably both out of our element here, but we're stuck. You may not like it much, but please try and stay civil; this will be a lot easier if we all get along."
[X] Check the fridge for ice cream, or fruit juice, or something. Something cold. "You don't like tea, so would you prefer something colder?"
>> No. 71459
[X] "Look, I didn't want to be here either; I circled some words on a paper entirely on a whim, and the next day I'm whisked away somewhere by a woman I've never met, informed that youkai are quite real, and forced to live with them. I haven't been given the option to back out, and I doubt you have either. You gotta do what you gotta do, kid; that's the only way you stay strong enough to get through life."
[X] "We're probably both out of our element here, but we're stuck. You may not like it much, but please try and stay civil; this will be a lot easier if we all get along."
[X] Check the fridge for ice cream, or fruit juice, or something. Something cold. "You don't like tea, so would you prefer something colder?"

WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN

SOME SORT OF NINESQUAD GESTALT
>> No. 71460
[X] "Look, I didn't want to be here either; I circled some words on a paper entirely on a whim, and the next day I'm whisked away somewhere by a woman I've never met, informed that youkai are quite real, and forced to live with them. I haven't been given the option to back out, and I doubt you have either. You gotta do what you gotta do, kid; that's the only way you stay strong enough to get through life."
[X] "We're probably both out of our element here, but we're stuck. You may not like it much, but please try and stay civil; this will be a lot easier if we all get along."
[X] Check the fridge for ice cream, or fruit juice, or something. Something cold. "You don't like tea, so would you prefer something colder?"
>> No. 71465
>>71459
maybe AD just decided he'd rather write cirno than rumia...It's also possible this was planned from the beginning with the list. We'll have to just wait and see.
>> No. 71468
No offense, but the altered write-in sounds even MORE patronizing. That literally sounds like we are talking down to her ("deal with it, kid" in a way.) We don't need to go on and on and in detail, because frankly she doesn't care. Also saying "I" a lot disrupts the "we" feeling you are trying to express. Not to mention the friends and family is important because that is exactly what Cirno is missing (in theory).

How about this?


[x] "Look, I don't want to be here either and had no idea what I signed up for. Didn't think it'd involve suddenly being dragged away from my home and friends anyways."
[x] "We're both a bit shaken up and out of our element, not to mention they didn't give an option to bail out. Seems like we're all stuck here for a bit. But its not all bad, and I'm sure you'll find something here you'll like."
[X] Check the fridge for ice cream, or fruit juice, or something. Something cold. "For example, try this. Its way better than tea, and is nice and cold."
>> No. 71469
[x] "Look, I don't want to be here either and had no idea what I signed up for. Didn't think it'd involve suddenly being dragged away from my home and friends anyways."
[x] "We're both a bit shaken up and out of our element, not to mention they didn't give an option to bail out. Seems like we're all stuck here for a bit. But its not all bad, and I'm sure you'll find something here you'll like."
[X] Check the fridge for ice cream, or fruit juice, or something. Something cold. "For example, try this. Its way better than tea, and is nice and cold."
>> No. 71470
So many... nifty sounding votes.
It's hard to find real agreement on what is winning but,

[X] "Look, I didn't want to be here either; I circled some words on a paper entirely on a whim, and the next day I'm whisked away somewhere by a woman I've never met, informed that youkai are quite real, and forced to live with them. I haven't been given the option to back out, and I doubt you have either. You gotta do what you gotta do, kid; that's the only way you stay strong enough to get through life."
[X] "We're probably both out of our element here, but we're stuck. You may not like it much, but please try and stay civil; this will be a lot easier if we all get along."
[X] Check the fridge for ice cream, or fruit juice, or something. Something cold. "You don't like tea, so would you prefer something colder?"

Seems to be the general sentiment of victory, though i may soften the first line a bit to be less harsh (since it's the one everyone seems to disgree most on here)

Anyway, writing - will post in a new thread when done.
>> No. 71471
>>71137
>Wilbur Whateley
I read that as Wilford Brimley.

You are now reading the next update and this entire thread in Wilford Brimley's voice. Or Norio Wakamoto. Or some sort of fusion of both.