- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 196629)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 149614876874.jpg - (69.60KB, 595x841, tewi.jpg) [iqdb]
196629 No. 196629
PREVIOUS THREAD: >>194077
__________________

“It’s down the hall and to the left. Should be at the end of the corridor.” Tewi gives you a knowing look. “Though, you’re heading elsewhere, aren’t you?”

“What? Who, me?” you say, careful to keep your voice hushed. Don’t want to wake the cute bunny pile. You inch out of all the napping rabbits’ grasps. “Naaaaaw. I’d never. I ain’t one to lie, y’know. I just really need to go. Badly.”

“Then I guess I believe you. Just don’t disappear again, alright?”

“I’ll try.”

Ha. Tewi thinks that you’ll really disappear like that again? Just because you feel like it? Absolutely preposterous. Impossible, even! No way you’d do something like that.

...She knows you too well. But whatever. That won’t stop you from trying. Once you finish your business in the washroom, you head out the nearest window and slip away into the night. Of course, you have no idea where the heck you are and it’s really dark and now you’re suddenly lost, but no big deal. You’ll find your way. You always do, even if it takes a while.

You make it past the mansion, but Tewi’s already outside at the entrance waiting, hands crossed at the chest and foot tapping away arrhythmically.

“Hi,” you say.

“Yeaaaaah, I knew it. At this point, I can’t even say that I didn’t expect this to happen. Trying to sneak away again?”

“I wasn’t aware gods have curfew. Besides, I did have to go to the bathroom, thanks.”

“Gods shouldn’t need to use the bathroom,” says Tewi.

“Touché.”

“So...” Tewi scrunches her face up into a frown, and a serious one at that. She twirls her tacky carrot pendant by its cord, letting its string coil around her finger. It’s a rare sight to see the one and only Tewi Inaba as sober as this. You’ve half a mind to call her face silly but now isn’t the best time.

“So?”

“Are you going to come back after you do… whatever you’re doing?”

“Sure. I’m not going to hi-and-bye again after we just reunited. In fact, you can come with. It won’t take too long.”

“Okay, but where are we going?”

“There’s this plain at the base of the mountains. It’s got a nice view and everything. Fantastic real estate, I tell you.”

“And why do you want to go there now, in the middle of the night?”

“Why, to pay my respects of course.”

“To what?” she asks. “To whom?”

You remain silent.

-------

All things considered, you didn’t think that you’d be back at her resting place again. But here you are, watching the night sky on a grassy hill, thinking about memories past. Funny, you say that you barely care about her now but you return again—as you always do.

Tewi sits at the top of the hill, leaning her head up so that she faces the stars. “A penny for your thoughts?”

“What’s the point of raunchy undergarments if their purpose is to be discarded to the floor shortly after being seen? It goes completely against my belief of aesthetics. I guess people could leave it on but that’d be more in-the-way than if you had—”

“Forget I even asked,” sighs Tewi. But rather than returning to her star-gazing, she scoots closer to your side and starts rubbing her arms.

“Itchy?” you say.

“Don’t you think it’s kinda cold right now?”

[ ] “Actually, it’s only about nineteen degrees Celcius.”
[ ] “Cool.”
[ ] “Should’ve brought a jacket.”
[ ] “Are you sure? It’s actually kinda hot. Like, I feel-like-a-towering-inferno-is-seconds-away-from-hitting-me hot.”
[ ] Offer her your robe. The one still somewhat stained with your blood.
Expand all images
>> No. 196631
[X] “Are you sure? It’s actually kinda hot. Like, I feel-like-a-towering-inferno-is-seconds-away-from-hitting-me hot.”

Sounds fun.
>> No. 196632
[X] “Should’ve brought a jacket.”
[X] Offer her your robe. The one still somewhat stained with your blood.

This choice is a mistake.
>> No. 196633
Uh, the title is straightforward, but wouldn't something like " 'This story is a mistake' thread 2" fit better? Just saying.

tl;dr: This title was a mistake.

[x] Offer her your robe. The one still somewhat stained with your blood
-[x] "It's dirty with a god's blood though"
>> No. 196636
“Are you sure? It’s actually kinda hot. Like, I feel-like-a-towering-inferno-is-seconds-away-from-hitting-me hot.”

Things are about to get a little toasty around here
>> No. 196637
>>196636
you dropped your [X]
>> No. 196640
[x] Offer her your robe. The one still somewhat stained with your blood
-[x] "It's dirty with a god's blood though"

I take pride in only opting for the horrendously wrong choices.
>> No. 196641
[x] “Are you sure? It’s actually kinda hot. Like, I feel-like-a-towering-inferno-is-seconds-away-from-hitting-me hot.”
>> No. 196645
[X] “Are you sure? It’s actually kinda hot. Like, I feel-like-a-towering-inferno-is-seconds-away-from-hitting-me hot.”

Incoming!
>> No. 196648
[X] Offer her your robe. The one still somewhat stained with your blood.

A god must be gracious.
>> No. 196649
This guy is kind of a dick (in a good way mind), but Tewi expects that. Therefore, the best way to subtly mess with her is to be (mostly) a gentleman. She'll never expect that. Probably.

[X] Offer her your robe. The one still somewhat stained with your blood.
>> No. 196651
[X] “Are you sure? It’s actually kinda hot. Like, I feel-like-a-towering-inferno-is-seconds-away-from-hitting-me hot.”

What even is this story
>> No. 196654
[x] Offer her your robe. The one still somewhat stained with your blood.

Hakurou is back (in pog form)
>> No. 196669
[X] Offer her your robe. The one still somewhat stained with your blood.
>> No. 196670
[x] “Are you sure? It’s actually kinda hot. Like, I feel-like-a-towering-inferno-is-seconds-away-from-hitting-me hot.”

I like ties.
>> No. 196676
>>196637

[X]“Are you sure? It’s actually kinda hot. Like, I feel-like-a-towering-inferno-is-seconds-away-from-hitting-me hot.”

There, now my vote is fine.
>> No. 196677
[X] “Should’ve brought a jacket.”
[X] Offer her your robe. The one still somewhat stained with your blood.

>>196651
Fantastic.
>> No. 196926
[X]“Are you sure? It’s actually kinda hot. Like, I feel-like-a-towering-inferno-is-seconds-away-from-hitting-me hot.”

Its not necromancy if there is a vote.
>> No. 196965
File 149709173196.jpg - (29.85KB, 659x500, cold.jpg) [iqdb]
196965
You remove the sash from your robe and cast it off your body. Wordlessly, you drape it over Tewi’s shoulders. The robe’s more of a blanket than a jacket to the bunny—because she talks so big, it’s easy to forget that the girl herself is actually tiny.

Satisfied, Tewi sighs contently and snuggles into the robe. She leans her head on the side of your arm, mostly because she’s too short to reach your shoulder.

“Thanks,” she says. “But if I were to guess, the red splotches on the robe aren’t by design, right?”

“I may or may not have gotten a little roughed up by youkai earlier in the afternoon.”

“A ‘little roughed up’?” Tewi lifts up the front of the robe by its hem, peering straight into a gaping hole in the chest area. “The thing skewered you straight through the heart.”

“It wasn’t exactly the highlight of my day. Most days, I prefer to keep my vital organs in one piece.”

She laughs. “But where’s the fun in that?”

“Maybe you should try getting your heart ripped out and see how fun that is.”

“Consider it on my to-do list.”

“Lame. I was looking for more of a reaction than that.”

The rabbit exhales. “I’ve seen your heart, arteries and everything, get ripped out of your body more times than I can count. At this point, I couldn’t care less.”

“Tewi.”

“Hmm?”

You breathe in, careful not to waste any words. “I’m cold.”

“You want your robe back?”

“No,” you say stubbornly, “I’m good.”

“Alright. Then we should go back soon.”

“Yeah.” You look to the sky and stare at the ethereal lights above, basking in the moonlight. The moon waxes half-crescent and, oddly, you feel nostalgic of older times. “Any longer and I’ll freeze to death.”

Tewi guides you back into the room stuffed with rabbits. You’re thankful that the room is floored with bamboo mats because there is no way you can secure a spot on the bed: the bunnies are everywhere. Instead, you settle for a plot on the ground, securing Tewi in your arms. She doesn’t object, which you’re also thankful for, because she still has your robe on and you need something to warm you up. The place is cold as hell—and not the literal hell because that place is toasty.

But before you can drift off to slumber, you think of your next move before morning hits.

[ ] You should look for a place to build a shrine.
[ ] Shrines are fine and all, but the most important thing is followers.
[ ] Get sidetracked with your thoughts. Come to think of it, how are you cold if you don’t have a true physical form?
[ ] You can play with all the bunnies instead of doing any work.
>> No. 196966
[X] Get sidetracked with your thoughts. Come to think of it, how are you cold if you don’t have a true physical form?

This is important, how can a Wolf god of all things, made for cold environments, get cold so easily?

That and I don't really want to actually do anything productive in this story, just go on long and pointless tangents.
>> No. 196967
[x] Get sidetracked with your thoughts. Come to think of it, how are you cold if you don’t have a true physical form?
>> No. 196968
[x] Shrines are fine and all, but the most important thing is followers.

They can come to our shrine once we build it.
>> No. 196969
[X] You can play with all the bunnies instead of doing any work.
>> No. 196973
[x] You can play with all the bunnies instead of doing any work.

When's Ringo?

Also, playing with buns means more Tewi. And more Tewi means she'll probably browbeat us into the right thing. Why ditch the person we're most intimate with?
>> No. 196974
Guys, if he's feeling cold that could mean he's losing his divine power. As in, he's about to disappear from existence.

Just sayin'
>> No. 196975
[X] Shrines are fine and all, but the most important thing is followers.

Almost voted for the cold option, but I want to start gathering faith ASAP.
>> No. 196979
[x] Shrines are fine and all, but the most important thing is followers.
>> No. 196980
[X] Shrines are fine and all, but the most important thing is followers.

I used to be annoyed when you updated this instead of Awoo~ back when I thought it was shitposting, but now I actually look forward to updates.
>> No. 196982
[x] You can play with all the bunnies instead of doing any work.
>> No. 196992
[X] Shrines are fine and all, but the most important thing is followers.

The development from randomness to an actual character that we somehow actually care about over the course of a thread is kind of amazing.
>> No. 196993
[X] Get sidetracked with your thoughts. Come to think of it, how are you cold if you don’t have a true physical form?

I want to keep doing things with the buns so bad, but I feel this is important.
>> No. 196994
>>196974
Or he could just be becoming what counts for being mortal as far as youkai go. After all, he was once a regular wolf who was elevated to the status of a god. Though that's equally concerning, probably.
>> No. 196996
[x] You can play with all the bunnies instead of doing any work.

functionally pointless tidepiss is go

Let's just have the rabbits be followers, nothing else can compete.
>> No. 197020
[X] Shrines are fine and all, but the most important thing is followers.

What's a shrine without cute shrine maidens?
>> No. 197021
[X] Shrines are fine and all, but the most important thing is followers.

What's a shrine without cute shrine maidens?
>> No. 197055
File 149732823648.jpg - (265.43KB, 800x600, moments away from being thrown.jpg) [iqdb]
197055
As with any other god, you are nothing without your followers. You have exactly one—and a tentative one at that. Said follower is currently napping in your arms with a peaceful smile on her sleeping face. Tewi is a good follower, but you should start looking for more. After all, what’s a god without his people?

You’ll deal with all that tomorrow though. You have precious Z’s to catch.

When you wake, you find yourself covered in more bunnies than before. Everyone can’t get enough of you, huh? You shake a few bunnies off and head outside the room—time to find something to do. You didn’t find Tewi sleeping so she must have woken up before you.

It takes all of thirty seconds before you’re lost. You blame the mansion. Who the hell built this place, a maze architect? In any case, you’ll wander around until you find something to do. After a few minutes of mindless roaming, you hear a couple of muffled voices through the paper-thin walls of Eientei.

“Reisen! You’re back!” That is without a doubt Tewi’s voice.

And then you hear the sound of Tewi being shoulder thrown into the tatami mats.

“Cut it out. You know how much I hate it when you pull your stupid pranks on me! It’s been a long night and I didn’t get much sleep. I don’t need any pitfalls on top of that. Do it again and I swear I'm going to pull your ears off your head.”

“You’re so mean,” Tewi whimpers, “I only do it out of love.”

Show your love some other way, punk.

They don’t let up on their conversation. You can’t really find an appropriate time to enter, so you just slide the door open and barge in anyway.

“Hi.”

Two heads turn to your direction.

Reisen stares blankly. “Uh, who are you?”

[ ] “This and that happened and now Tewi's my follower.”
[ ] “That’s a hard spiritual question you’re asking, girl.”
[ ] “I’m Hakurou and I have a tendency to sleep with rabbits.”
[ ] Leave the explaining to Tewi.
[ ] Shrug.
>> No. 197056
>>197055

[x] "I'm Hakurou and I'm Tewi's sometimes lover on the weekends. I also moonlight as a god when it strikes my fancy."
>> No. 197057
[X] “That’s a hard spiritual question you’re asking, girl.”
>> No. 197058
[x] "I'm Hakurou and I'm Tewi's sometimes lover on the weekends. I also moonlight as a god when it strikes my fancy."

Never not.
>> No. 197061
[x] “That’s a hard spiritual question you’re asking, girl.”
>> No. 197062
[x] “I’m Hakurou and I have a tendency to sleep with rabbits.”

Misunderstandings for comedy, ho!
>> No. 197063
[x] “I’m Hakurou and I have a tendency to sleep with rabbits.”
>> No. 197065
[X] “That’s a hard spiritual question you’re asking, girl.”
>> No. 197066
[X] “I’m Hakurou and I have a tendency to sleep with rabbits.”
>> No. 197068
after sleeping on my choice, >>197057 is being changed to:
[x] "I'm Hakurou and I'm Tewi's sometimes lover on the weekends. I also moonlight as a god when it strikes my fancy."
>> No. 197069
[X] “That’s a hard spiritual question you’re asking, girl.”

Tangents > Straights
>> No. 197070
[X] “That’s a hard spiritual question you’re asking, girl.”

Who can really say who they are?
>> No. 197075
[X] “That’s a hard spiritual question you’re asking, girl.”

Oh boy Reisen, now you've gone and done it.
>> No. 197078
[X] “That’s a hard spiritual question you’re asking, girl.”

I hope he blusters straight through her confused clarification.
>> No. 197082
[X] “That’s a hard spiritual question you’re asking, girl.”

Sudden existential crisis!
>> No. 197093
[x] “That’s a hard spiritual question you’re asking, girl.”

Only a god can answer this.
>> No. 197094
[X] “That’s a hard spiritual question you’re asking, girl.”
>> No. 197165
File 149808145823.png - (166.79KB, 769x1284, she just wants to sleep.png) [iqdb]
197165
“That’s a hard spiritual question you’re asking, girl.”

The purple-haired rabbit stares at you blankly. “...Huh?”

“Who are we to say who anybody is? Who am I really? A wolf? A god? Do I really have the authority to declare who is or isn’t, metaphysically? What am I but an intangible being at my very core—swayed only by the faith of those lesser than I.”

“Um.” Reisen looks over to Tewi for help, but the smaller rabbit only shrugs.

“Who am I to a mortal?” you say. “An ephemeral spirit, or something much lesser? I don’t know. Do I dare describe myself as an abstruse being? Would I disappear if I were to explain to another who, or what, I am? Am I but only an abstraction?”

Tewi lightly taps your shoulder. “I think she was asking for your name.”

“Oh, really? Well shucks, why didn’t you say so?” You beam at Reisen. “I’m Haiiro.”

“Your real name,” Tewi says, jabbing you with her elbow.

“Hakurou,” you correct yourself.

Reisen’s brain is in critical disarray. She furrows her brow, leaving her mouth agape as she mentally fumbles through your words. “Excuse me,” she says, and then turns to Tewi. “Is this another one of your pranks?”

Tewi bats her eyelashes, putting a finger to her chin all cutesy-like. “Would you believe me if I said no?”

Reisen rubs the bridge of her nose and closes her eyes. “It’s too early in the morning for this. Haiiro or Haikurou—whatever your name is, I’m going back to bed. Pleasure meeting you.” And on that note, she proceeds to slide open the door to head to her quarters, but a wave of little bunnies come crashing into the room and swarm the purple-haired rabbit.

“Reisen!” says one.

“She’s back! Let’s play, let’s play!” squeals another rabbit.

“Welcome baaaack!” a third chimes.

What is left of Reisen’s broken soul is fully crushed when the pile of cute little bunnies climbs all over her. Wistful acceptance washes over her face as she sinks deeper and deeper into the rabbit horde.

“Can I get a break?” she asks.

“Nope!” squeals a younger rabbit. “You promised to play with us when you got back!”

Reisen sighs. “Okay. Fine. One game. I’ll play with you all for exactly one game. Then I must sleep. Master is going to call me back to work in the afternoon so after I play with everyone, all of you must not bother me after. It’ll be your heads if you do. Okay?”

All the little bunnies cheer. “Okay!”

Reisen escorts all the little bunnies away, taking them to a comfy patio just outside. Tewi follows, taking you along as well. And despite her initial reluctance, Reisen’s already smiling and giggling along with all the kids.

“Reisen is a good girl, isn’t she?”

“Yep,” answers Tewi. “Just don’t try and wake her up from her beauty sleep. She’s the devil if you do.”

Reisen, in the middle of being chased by one rabbit and death-cuddled by another, finds the time to say, “I heard that, Tewi.”

“Oooh, I’m so scared! What are you gonna do, fight me—aaaaaugh.”

Reisen’s dangling her by the legs. “I have something better.”

“Reisen—wait—stop!” Tewi wriggles back and forth, but the purple-haired bunny’s iron grip is too strong.

“Why?”

“I didn’t wear underwear and you’re holding me upside down and my—my dress is gonna faaaaaaaaall!”

“Oh god.” Reisen drops the girl like the plague. Face colored in embarrassment, Reisen dips her head. “Sorry.”

“Heh,” snickers Tewi, who lifts up her skirt. She’s wearing tasteful black underwear and you approve. “Just kidding.”

You expect Reisen to backhand Tewi into next week, but the girl just sighs and shakes her head. “Whatever. I don’t care anymore. I’m going to sleep.”

“Oh,” you say, “I’ll join you.”

Reisen almost twitches. “What?”

“Sorry. Force of habit.”

With that, you allow Reisen to leave. And, also with that, you have now become every bunny’s next target. Several eyes are on you.

[ ] Bunnies are taking over your free time and you’re absolutely okay with that.
[ ] You really want to see Tewi’s master. She must be impressive if she got Tewi of all people to follow her.
[ ] See Tewi’s master’s master. If Tewi’s master is impressive, then her master’s master must be exponentially more impressive.
[ ] You’ve had enough of these fluffballs. Time to split.
>> No. 197166
[x] See Tewi’s master’s master. If Tewi’s master is impressive, then her master’s master must be exponentially more impressive.

The first option is mighty tempting though.
>> No. 197167
[X] Bunnies are taking over your free time and you’re absolutely okay with that.

Plot progression? Fuck plot progression. We have rabbits instead.
>> No. 197168
[x] Bunnies are taking over your free time and you’re absolutely okay with that.

I will go bun vote every time until Ringo appears.
>> No. 197169
[x] See Tewi’s master’s master. If Tewi’s master is impressive, then her master’s master must be exponentially more impressive.

AN IMMORTAL VERSUS A GOD SHOWDOWN.

Kidding but Kaguya might have some good dialogue for us.

>>197168
Wrong bunhouse buddy.
>> No. 197171
[X] See Tewi’s master’s master. If Tewi’s master is impressive, then her master’s master must be exponentially more impressive.

I see nothing wrong with this math.
>> No. 197172
[x] See Tewi’s master’s master. If Tewi’s master is impressive, then her master’s master must be exponentially more impressive.

TBH I prefer Eirin, but this interaction should be plenty fun.
>> No. 197175
[x] See Tewi’s master’s master. If Tewi’s master is impressive, then her master’s master must be exponentially more impressive.
>> No. 197177
[x] See Tewi’s master’s master. If Tewi’s master is impressive, then her master’s master must be exponentially more impressive.

Been convinced by the some of the previous votes
>> No. 197178
[x] See Tewi’s master’s master. If Tewi’s master is impressive, then her master’s master must be exponentially more impressive.
>> No. 197180
[x] See Tewi’s master’s master. If Tewi’s master is impressive, then her master’s master must be exponentially more impressive.
>> No. 197289
[X] Bunnies are taking over your free time and you’re absolutely okay with that.

Against the tide but I can't not vote for this.
>> No. 197370
As you may have noticed from the first thread 'till now, updates are going slower. Don't be alarmed (and if you weren't, o-okay) - I'm just taking more time on the updates. There might be a few hiccups along the way because I need to move in to a place for a while (and then start working) but the story should still keep going.

inb4 I drop off the face of the earth
>> No. 197522
File 150061323669.jpg - (247.48KB, 850x1274, rank-and-file.jpg) [iqdb]
197522
The bright-eyed bunnies all look at you expectantly, but you must resist. You have other plans—you want to see Tewi’s master’s master. If her master is impressive, then her master’s master must be exponentially more impressive, right?

Right.

“Hey, Tewi. Can I go meet your master’s master?”

“Then who’ll play with us?” cries a bunny.

“Hmm,” you say. “You know what? Why don’t we all wake up your master’s master so she could play with you all?”

“That’s a terrible,” one of the rabbits says.

“That’s a great idea!” squeals one of the younger rabbits. “Let’s do it, let’s do it!”

“Your thoughts, Tewi?”

“Okay. Sure, why not?” She does a little wicked giggle. “I want to see how Kaguya reacts to a mass of alarm clock bunnies.”

And so you lead the march with First Lieutenant Inaba at your side. Behind you are your ragtag, run of the mill, rank and file rabbit militia. They’ve taken arms against the opposing force, and their munitions are white, fleecy, and feathery. That’s right—the prophesied ‘pillow-fight’ is upon them.

“Orders?” whispers Private Mimura.

“Full frontal assault,” you reply. “We leave no survivors.”

You squeeze as many bunnies as you can in the hallway leading to the room leading to Tewi’s master’s master. Kaguya is her name—and you’ll refer to her as such from now on because the title you gave her is a real mouthful.

The air is calm before the execute. For an entire squadron of loud, boisterous squirts, they’re surprisingly quiet under your command. That is, until you signal the go, to which they charge in screaming and squealing.

“Laaady Kaguyaaaa!”

“Let’s plaaaaaay!”

“Yaaay!”

And before Kaguya gets a chance to open her eyes, the bunnies dogpile onto her.

“Oh,” she says, voice muffled underneath pillows and rabbits. “Is it spring already?”

“The kids wanted to play,” says Tewi innocently, as if she took no part in this scheme.

Kaguya, amidst the flock of rabbits going at each other with pillows, brushes aside a lock of hair from her face and allows herself a gentle smile. Of course, she’s then beaned by a rogue cushion, but she quickly recovers. She makes eye contact with you.

“An intruder?” she asks.

“A guest,” Tewi answers.

“I see.” Kaguya then looks down at herself. “Fortunately, I wore my nice gown.”

You can attest to this—she’s wearing pretty much nothing but thin silk—or satin. You don’t know which is which. Anyway. You don’t really mind what’s she’s wearing because that’s not the important matter at hand. Then again, you don’t even know what the important matter is in the first place.

“Now then,” Kaguya says, shrugging several bunnies off her person. “If all you little ones could excuse yourselves, that would be ideal. I’d like to chat to our guest.”

“But, but—!”

“Eirin shall play with you all,” she declares.

The bunnies are hesitant. One speaks up. “She won’t get mad?”

“I personally bestow you all permission to disturb her. If she has complaints, please forward her to me.”

“Okaaay!” Permission granted, they all file out to go visit their next victim.

Kaguya waits patiently until the last rabbit is out. It’s just three left—you, Tewi, and Kaguya.

“Tea?” she finally says.

“Sure,” you reply.
>> No. 197523
File 150061331638.jpg - (163.92KB, 850x850, she wakes up looking like this.jpg) [iqdb]
197523
Kaguya returns with a tray and enough tea for three. She lays the tray down at a table and prompts you to sit down.

“Don’t you have servant to do that kind of thing for you?” you say, taking a seat.

Kaguya smiles. “I do, but I’d rather serve tea myself.”

“Why?”

“Would you trust any of the rabbits to bring tea here in one piece?” laughs Tewi.

You shrug. “Fair enough.”

“Now, Tewi.” Kaguya looks over to the rabbit for guidance. “Who is this wolf?”

“He’s Hakurou,” Tewi says, scooting over to your side. “An old friend of mine.”

“Oh, Hakurou? As in, the god, Hakurou?”

“Whoa.” Somebody actually remembers you. “You know about me?”

“I do,” says Kaguya, taking a sip of her tea. “You are the ‘White Wolf,’ are you not?”

“The ‘Great White Wolf,’ thank you very much.”

Tewi snorts. “I bet you added in the ‘Great’ yourself.”

“Listen here, bub—” you say, but you’re cut off by the door screaming open. And, before you have a chance to repeat yourself, a sea of flames engulf you.

“Ah.” A voice says. “Oops.”

You take a sip of your tea, thankful the cup didn’t explode on you. At least it’s hot again. “Rude.”

A white-haired girl in stupid-lookin’ suspenders comes rolling up into the room, kicks the door open, just to throw some hot Celsius your way. Seriously? You throw a big glare her way because you’re seriously miffed.

“U-Uh.” The intruder sheepishly scratches at her head. She’s a bad girl and she knows it. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to hit you. I meant to hit—”

Could it wait?” Kaguya snaps. “I have a guest, who you have just rudely set ablaze.”

The girl sits cross-legged behind the door. “...Okay.”

“Good.” Kaguya returns to her focus back to you. “So, did you need something from me?”

[ ] “Could I interest you in some good ol’ blessings from a god?”
[ ] “Actually, I’m here to borrow a rabbit for a while.”
[ ] “Not really. Just wanted to see who’s at the top of the food chain.”
[ ] Something else
>> No. 197524
[X] “Actually, I’m here to borrow a rabbit for a while.”

Not that we actually need her permission, mind you, but it's only polite to let her know.
>> No. 197525
File 15006140396.png - (6.04KB, 236x87, word of god.png) [iqdb]
197525
[x] “Could I interest you in some good ol’ blessings from a god?”
-[x] "Actually, I'm here to borrow a rabbit for a while."
--[x] "Not really. I just want to feast on the blood and souls of a thousand humans."
---[x] BLOOD AND GUTS
>> No. 197526
[x] “Actually, I’m here to borrow a rabbit for a while.”
>> No. 197527
[x] “Could I interest you in some good ol’ blessings from a god?”
-[x] "Actually, I'm here to borrow a rabbit for a while."

In b4 he remains ablaze for a week before noticing it.

And, yeah, I was worried at the delay. Although maybe that's not the right word. "Resigned" fits best, I think.
>> No. 197529
[x] “Actually, I’m here to borrow a rabbit for a while.”

Acquire Tewi for now. Acquire Mokou in the future?
>> No. 197530
[x] “Actually, I’m here to borrow a rabbit for a while.”

>>197529
Yes
>> No. 197532
[X] “Actually, I’m here to borrow a rabbit for a while.”
-[X] And maybe some assistance quelling the flames recently strewn about my person. No big rush though, This certainly wouldn't be the first time I've burned to death in horrible screaming agony.

>>197529

YES.
Maybe. Still on the fence about this Mokou.
>> No. 197533
[X] “Actually, I’m here to borrow a rabbit for a while.”

One rabbit to go please.
>> No. 197536
[X] “Actually, I’m here to borrow a rabbit for a while.”
-[X] And maybe some assistance quelling the flames recently strewn about my person. No big rush though, This certainly wouldn't be the first time I've burned to death in horrible screaming agony.
>> No. 197548
[X] “Actually, I’m here to borrow a rabbit for a while.”
-[X] And maybe some assistance quelling the flames recently strewn about my person. No big rush though, This certainly wouldn't be the first time I've burned to death in horrible screaming agony.
>> No. 197561
Apologies for the delay. I don't have a huge pool of time due to work. Admittedly, I've also got sidetracked working on a little doohickey for THP (not another story, mind you). Expect updates hopefully by this weekend or sooner.
>> No. 197574
File 150181734830.png - (637.67KB, 800x800, unsure.png) [iqdb]
197574
“Actually,” you say, patting away at the flames. “I’m here to borrow something.”

“What is it?” asks Kaguya.

“This thing here,” you reply, pointing to Tewi.

The rabbit pulls out a frown. “Says who? I wasn’t aware I was part of an acquisitions deal.”

“That is fine.” Kaguya respectably ignores Tewi. “Please treat her well in our stead.”

“I can’t make any promises. Do I need to fill out any forms or can I just bring her back by the due date? And, if I don’t, will I be subjected to a late fee?”

Resigned, Tewi crosses her arms in frustration. “...I’m not a book, you know.”

“As far as I’m concerned, I do not think we have any paperwork for this kind of matter.” The lady of the mansion furrows her brow. “I could ask Eirin about this.”

“It was a joke,” you explain.

“Apparently it wasn’t very funny because the joke flew straight over her head.”

“Tewi. I’m beating you up the moment we leave, capisce?”

“Oooh, I’m just quaking in my pants.”

You once-over the rabbit. “You’re wearing a dress.”

“Yeah. Ever heard of something called, ‘figure of speech’?”

Kaguya laughs in a way only an immortal could: mellow and weightless to the ear. Mirth’s in her eyes—probably because she’s busy having a chuckle at the expense of you and your dumb rabbit lackey. “Your company is most appreciated, friend. How long have you two been acquainted?”

Tewi shakes her head. “For far too long now.”

“Still, I never would have supposed our Inaba was acquainted with a wolf—and a wolf god at that. I’m surprised you haven’t devoured her already.”

“I mean, I already did—”

“Hold, Hakurou.” Tewi raises an eyebrow at her master’s master. “What do you mean by that? Hakurou’s an old fool of a god, but him? Hurt me? That’s so outside the realm of possibility I can’t even wrap my mind around that.”

“I understand. It is just, ah—how did the legend go again?” Kaguya tilts her head up and examines a corner of the ceiling. Then, with a small gasp, she levels her gaze back to Tewi. “Ah. Right. It was storied that the White Wolf became a god by maiming a priestess and consuming her spirit.”

“Hmm, well—”

Tewi jumps in, indignant. “Hakurou would never do that.”

“Forgive me,” Kaguya says, shamefully covering her mouth with her hand. “It was just how the legend was told. I hold our guest in modest esteem and I trust your judgment in character. So, friend.” With a sympathetic smile, she turns to you. “I look forward to our next meeting. Let us part on agreeable terms.”

“Sure, sister. I’ll catch you lates.”

“Ah, ‘sister,’ he says?” Kaguya is somewhere between concerned and puzzled.

Now is about the time when Tewi chews you out and does her little sigh and head-shake, but she’s busy doing her own thing, mumbling to herself.

“Don’t worry about it.” You grin. “It was, as Tewi would put it, a ‘figure of speech.’”

You make your exit from Kaguya’s quarters and start to embark on your spectacular adventure to snatch up some followers, but Tewi interrupts your quest by pulling you back by the arm.

“What’s the deal, floppy ears? There’s work to be done.”

“Yeah, I know. It’s just, uh.” Tewi can’t muster up the words, so you decide to guess her thoughts.

“Too distracted by my hot bod?” you suggest.

“Yes—I mean, no.” Tewi scratches her cheek. “What’s up with the bogus legend? Where’d that come from? You’d never do something like that.”

“I’ve killed plenty a human before, no?”

“Yeah. But with reason. You wouldn’t just kill a shrine maiden for your own personal gain, right?”

You smile.

[ ] Right.
[ ] You could not care less about what humans blab to each other.
[ ] Let Tewi believe what she wants.
[ ] You would if someone triple-dog-dared you to do it.
>> No. 197575
[x] You would if someone triple-dog-dared you to do it.
-[x] Er, uh... by which you mean gods work in mysterious ways oooooooo

With accompanying wiggly finger movements.
>> No. 197576
[x] Right.
[X] You could not care less about what humans blab to each other.

Maybe the legends picked up our interpretation of "devoured"?
>> No. 197577
[X] Right.

Right.
>> No. 197578
[x] You would if someone triple-dog-dared you to do it.
-[x] Er, uh... by which you mean gods work in mysterious ways oooooooo
>> No. 197579
[x] You would if someone triple-dog-dared you to do it.
-[x] Er, uh... by which you mean gods work in mysterious ways oooooooo

Amusing as always, was hoping for some more Mokou though.
>> No. 197580
[X] You would if someone triple-dog-dared you to do it.
-[X] Er, uh... by which you mean gods work in mysterious ways oooooooo
>> No. 197581
[X] Right.
>> No. 197582
[X] You could not care less about what humans blab to each other.

Belief is power. Nobody would respect a wolf without teeth.
>> No. 197587
I'm conflicted. Do we or do we not care? Sure, we can handwave the issue with a joke but I don't want Tewi to worry any more than she has to.
>> No. 197588
Fuck off, Kaguya. Why you gotta be manipulative like that? She doesn't get to mess with what is ours. That's the privilege of the White Wolf God and no one else's.

[X] Right.
>> No. 197590
[x] Right.

I can't find it in my heart to be mean to the rabbit
>> No. 197591
>>197588
>That's the privilege of the White Wolf God and no one else's.
Don't you mean the Great White Wolf God?
>> No. 197592
[x] You would if someone triple-dog-dared you to do it.
-[x] Er, uh... by which you mean gods work in mysterious ways *waggle eyebrows*
>> No. 197595
[x] You would if someone triple-dog-dared you to do it.
>> No. 197598
[x] Right

I'm saying no to the joke option. It's a rare sober thought for us and I think this is important.
>> No. 197599
[x] Right

commence direction puns
>> No. 197602
Votes called.
[x] Right
>> No. 197622
File 150233438571.jpg - (30.10KB, 600x557, yeah fuck kaguya.jpg) [iqdb]
197622
“Right,” you say softly. In all honesty, you could’ve just dodged the question and gone on your merry way, but you didn’t like the thought of leaving her question unanswered. “That’s how the legend goes, though.”

“And then what? You didn’t try to stop the phony legend from spreading?”

“I didn’t.”

Tewi eyes you. “You didn’t care?”

“Not a single bit,” you lie. “But I do appreciate you believing in me.”

“I’d be a terrible follower if I didn’t.”

“I suppose.”

Tewi leads you outside—or at least, tries to. The rude flame girl blocks your travel with her fat ass. In the confines of the hallway, she’s pacing the halls, grumbling to herself.

“Man,” the girl sulks, “I come around to hang out and this is what I get? Shouldn’t have even bothered coming here. Damn, I’ll kill her next time when I get the chance.”

“What, are you that lonely?” you say. “Yo, White Hair. Wanna come hang out with us instead?”

“Who, me?” The girl quickly turns around. Her eyes light up and not in the she-set-her-eyeballs-on-fire kind of way. “Boy, do I!? I mean,” she coughs, “I guess I could. You probably need help getting out the forest, right?”

“Actually,” Tewi says, pointing to herself, “I got that part covered.”

“Then… uh, protection? You need that, right?”

You shake your head. “Nah. I’m my own bodyguard. I don’t need protection from somebody who can’t hit a stationary target, thanks.”

“My aim is fine,” White Hair says, glaring. “I just had a bad angle.”

“Her aim is ‘fine’ she says! Pffft. Haha. Ahahaha.” Tewi lets a long laugh escape her lips. “That’s a riot. You couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn!”

Tewi, stop,” growls White Hair.

“Man, oh man.” Tewi’s clutching at her stomach, struggling to breathe with all the giggling she’s doing. “I still remember that one time where you missed Kaguya when she was sleeping. Sleeping! Ahahahaha! Set her bedroom ablaze, sure, but you missed the easiest target in the world!”

The girl’s about to blow a fuse—a metaphorical one because she’s unfortunately not on fire yet. “Fine. FINE. You know what? You guys can piss off. I’m taking the day off and going fishing or whatever.”

You do the only thing you can do. “Okay, sounds good. Let’s go, Tewi.”

“God, wait!” cries the girl. “I was just kidding! Isn’t this where you’re supposed to be like, ‘We can’t let her go like this, Tewi. Weren’t you being too rude? Let’s just get along and invite her' or something?”

“Uh.” You blink. “No?”

“C’moooooon! You gotta take me! I’m so bored there’s nothing to do in the forest and Keine’s been ignoring me ‘cause of work and Kaguya’s just a biiiiiiiiiitch!”

I heard that,” a faraway voice snaps.

You sneak a look at Tewi, and Tewi just stares back at you.

“Whatever, man,” you say. “If you want to join us, then just say so.”

Tewi scoffs. “She’s not gonna say it because she’s holding onto her stubborn pride.”

White Hair takes a deep breath. And then, with a solemn face, she says, “Okay-okay I want to come really really badly please please please let me join.”

“Never mind. I’ll eat my words,” says Tewi, disgusted. “Threw her shame all away, didn’t she?”

So your party of two becomes a party of three.

"Cool,” you say. “Let’s head out.”

“Uh. Also, aren’t you forgetting something?” asks Tewi.

“Not that I’m aware of."

“Hold on.” Tewi disappears into the heart of Eientei. She returns, dragging a familiar object into view. It’s Nitori. Somehow, the kappa’s still sleeping. “What are you going to do with this?”

Oh yeah. She was a thing. “Oops. I guess we'll just bring her along, too."

You make White Hair carry the kappa for no reason other than the fact that it’ll be funny when Nitori comes to. She’ll wake in the middle of travel carried around by some random white haired chick in suspenders. You stop yourself from chuckling to yourself and get a move on.

In the morning, the path through the bamboo forest is a clear one—you almost forget the fact that you can get lost in here for eternity. You pass by thickets and trees and who knows what else because you stopped really paying attention to the scenery. It’s just the same ol’ boring flora and fauna. You stop for a moment to bask in a ray of light that had sneaked past all the forestry.

Tewi glances at you. “Hakurou?”

You soak up the fleeting sunlight a little more.

[ ] “The days are rather peaceful now, aren’t they?”
[ ] “Even these days are troubling.”
>> No. 197623
[x] “Even these days are troubling.”

Need drama to push plot.
>> No. 197624
[X] “The days are rather peaceful now, aren’t they?”
>> No. 197625
[X] “The days are rather peaceful now, aren’t they?”
>> No. 197626
[X] “The days are rather peaceful now, aren’t they?”

Segue into ultraviolence
>> No. 197627
>Tewi scoffs. “She’s not gonna say it because she’s holding onto her stubborn pride.”

>“Never mind. I’ll eat my words,” says Tewi, disgusted. “Threw her shame all away, didn’t she?”

Damned if you do, damned if you don't? Make up your mind Tewi!

[X] Even these days...

CONFLICT
>> No. 197628
[x] “Even these days are troubling.”

No bully the Mokou.
>> No. 197629
[X] “The days are rather peaceful now, aren’t they?”

"We should do something about that."
>> No. 197630
[x] “Even these days are troubling.”

Everyone always has some sorta trouble.
>> No. 197631
[X] “The days are rather peaceful now, aren’t they?”
>> No. 197632
[x] “The days are rather peaceful now, aren’t they?”

Joking or serious, this works either way. The other one's too brooding.

>>197627
She could've just asked like a normal person instead of begging.
>> No. 197633
[X] “The days are rather peaceful now, aren’t they?”
>> No. 197635
[X] “The days are rather peaceful now, aren’t they?”

I wonder if we're influencing something here.
>> No. 197637
[x] “Even these days are troubling.”

I want to follow up on the stray youkai plot thread.
>> No. 197638
[X] “Even these days are troubling.”

Oh I'm sure we're influencing something here. Hopefully this choice pushes us towards the Incident route.
>> No. 197915
I'M FUCKING SUFFERING BUT WILL ATTEMPT TO GET AN UPDATE OUT THIS WEEKEND.
>> No. 197917
>>197915
Praise be!
>> No. 198049
File 150778223629.png - (2.34MB, 1635x1295, slightly miffed reimu.png) [iqdb]
198049
“The days are rather peaceful now, aren’t they?”

“I suppose,” says Tewi. “Aside from the wild youkai roaming the lands recently, it’s been all calm.”

“You think times are changing?” you ask, keeping your eyes trained on the rabbit. “Maybe for the better?”

“Hmm.” Tewi looks to the sky, idly stroking her chin as she thinks about her answer. “Maybe it is. I wouldn’t really know since, after all, I’ve been living in the middle of nowhere for the past couple hundred years. But—this is just from my own experience—recently, people do look happier, I guess.”

You nod your head slowly. “I see.”

“Why do you ask?” says Tewi.

“No reason,” you lie. “Just curious. For now, let’s continue walking, yeah?”

One winding path through a forest and a climb up a mountain later, you’re met with party-wide complaints and rather peculiar infrastructure. A paved road kisses the peak of the hill and on top is an outlandishly red gate—you’re not really a fan of the faded neon red but you can kinda dig that certain maroon on occasion. It’s real saccharine—reminds you of better days. Days where you relax, do things that gods do, and bother shrine maidens.

Fortunately for you, today happens to be a day with shrine maidens. Broom in hand, a miko stares you down from the top of the hill. Her hair is tied up with a rather nostalgic red ribbon. You smile and almost laugh—oddly enough, just the sight of the her makes you all sentimental.

The miko doesn’t really feel the same. Scowling, she shakes her broom back and forth angrily. Or maybe she’s just sweeping? “What are you lot doing here?”

“We’ve come to hang out… I think. Actually, yeah.” White Hair turns to you, bewildered. “What are we doing here?”

“I just felt a little nostalgic, so I came to visit the shrine. Looks like same old same old.” You glance up to the crest of the hill where the miko is. “Except for one little thing.”

“Which is?” asks Tewi.

“The shrine maiden scowling at us with a face that says, ‘Please leave.’”

“Hey,” says the shrine maiden, shrugging. “I never said that. But if you could leave, that’d be great.”

Sure, you could. But when was the last time you’ve listened to anyone? You don’t even listen to yourself—so you take several mighty steps up the path. The rest of your party follows suit, albeit reluctantly.

“What if I don’t?” you ask.

Tewi snorts. “He says, already halfway up the stairs.”

“Do whatever you want,” sighs the shrine maiden. “It’s not like anybody else will come visit and donate. But on the rare chance that they do, could you all be so kind as to skedaddle when I say, ‘Begone, youkai.’? I gotta keep up my image here.”

“What about him?” Tewi says, jabbing a finger at you.

“What about him?” repeats the miko.

“He’s a god, not a youkai.”

White Hair turns to you then to Tewi, grabbing her shoulders. “He’s a god!?”

[ ] You’re a god.
[ ] If you minus the wolf ears and tail, you’re basically human.
[ ] You’re just a wandering rabbit harem enthusiast.
>> No. 198050
A bit later than one weekend, innit? Apologies, but here's the update anyway.
>> No. 198051
[ ] You’re just a wandering rabbit harem enthusiast.
-[ ] ...Who may be a god.
>> No. 198052
[ ] You’re just a wandering rabbit harem enthusiast.
-[ ] ...Who may be a god. Maybe
This soo much
>> No. 198053
[X] You’re just a wandering rabbit harem enthusiast.
-[X] ...Who may be a god. Maybe
>> No. 198054
[X] You’re just a wandering rabbit harem enthusiast.
-[X] ...Who may be a god. Maybe.
>> No. 198055
[x] If you minus the wolf ears and tail, you’re basically human.
>> No. 198056
[X] You’re just a wandering rabbit harem enthusiast.
>> No. 198057
[X] You’re just a wandering rabbit harem enthusiast.
-[X] ...Who may be a god. Maybe

I like this.
>> No. 198058
[x] Yeah

It's time to make a world where all people can bone a god without getting killed.
>> No. 198062
[X] You’re just a wandering rabbit harem enthusiast.
-[X] ...Who may be a god. Maybe
>> No. 198065
[x] Hey, I just met you.
[x] And this is crazy.
[x] But I'm a wolf god.
[x] So praise me, maybe?
>> No. 198066
[x] Yeah

I like the casual simplicity.
>> No. 198071
[x] Yeah

Yeah.
>> No. 198074
[X] You’re a god.
>> No. 198077
[x] Yeah

It's a thing.
>> No. 198078
[x] Yeah

It's a thing.
>> No. 198081
[x] Yeah

"Rabbit harem enthusiast" makes me cringe, it's a bad inside joke Reimu won't even get. We only have one rabbit with us and we aren't demoting her to harem chick.
>> No. 198086
>>198081

I'm glad you said this. It's nice to know i'm not the only one who thought it would be a really awkward note to introduce yourself on.
>> No. 198087
>>198086
Thirding. Harems water down good stories.
>> No. 198088
[Yeah] Yeah
Jesus Christ we're the Hakurei god aren't we
>> No. 198090
>>198088

I feel like that's what it's implying, but I don't want to believe it.
>> No. 198092
[x] Yeah

Start calm and then slowly crank up the crazy as things go on.
>> No. 198094
[x] Yeah
>> No. 198594
Are you dead? Please come back.
>> No. 198807
File 15217946262.jpg - (78.14KB, 850x478, but a distant memory.jpg) [iqdb]
198807
“Yeah,” you say.

Excuse me?” White Hair goes absolutely ballistic, throwing her hands up in the air frantically. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“You never asked.”

She takes a moment to consider. Then, with thought, she says, “Oh.”

“Also, how are your arms free?”

“What?”

“Weren’t you carrying someone? The kappa?”

“...What?” She remains there, looking lame as heck with her mouth ajar. Then, after a moment of realization, White Hair’s face likens to her hair color. “Oh. Funny that, haha. Where is she?”

Utter silence. Somewhere along the way, this incompetent fool managed to lose an entire person.

Nervously, she makes her way down the shrine steps. “I’ll go find her.”

After watching the other girl sulk all the way down the hill, the shrine maiden sighs and scratches her head awkwardly. “Uh. Well then. Tea?”

Inside the shrine is clean, though barren might be a better word for it. There isn’t much to look at—just a few trinkets lying around the place here and there. But aside from the tatami mats and the flimsy knee-high table, it’s empty.

“Not much for décor, huh?” you say.

The shrine maiden scowls. “I haven’t bothered replacing anything since the last time this shrine got crushed to smithereens.”

“It’s been like two months,” Tewi points out.

“I was busy doing important things like maintaining the peace.”

“Maybe you should maintain your shrine, too.”

“Quiet, rabbit.”

“Miko,” you say. “You’re the new Hakurei? What’s your name?”

“It’s Reimu. And—wait. You know our shrine?”

You stare at her.

Reimu drops her head in embarrassment. “That was a dumb thing to say. Of course you do.”

“I don’t blame ya for not knowing. You’re still so young. I’ve been messing with the Hakurei since… well, like ever ago. Even knew your mother when she was—” you motion to your waist, “—about yea high?”

“Really?” Reimu looks up expectantly. Then, after a pause, she blushes and focuses her attention on her cup of tea. “What—what was she like?”

“She was a good person. Took it upon herself to right every wrong. She thought she could solve every problem without fighing, so I guess she was kind of dumb, too?”

“So you’re nothing like your mother!” laughs Tewi.

“Which is a good thing,” you say. “Since I would’ve hated you if you were like her.”

Reimu blinks. “And why’s that?”

[ ] Cue silence.
[ ] You hate good people.
[ ] Do some forlorn, looking-off-into-the-distance staring.
>> No. 198808
>>198594
Don't hold my funeral just yet. I still have updates to do. Sorry for being slow, dudes.
>> No. 198809
[X] Do some forlorn, looking-off-into-the-distance staring.
And the heart of an ancient God beats once more
>> No. 198811
Yoooooo holy shit this story is back. Haven't even read the update yet but Yea, welcome back.
>> No. 198812
[X] Do some forlorn, looking-off-into-the-distance staring.
>> No. 198813
[x] You hate good people.
Because they keep dying prematurely while you stand there and watch, useless?
>> No. 198814
[X] You hate good people.

They always have something to hide. If there was a God, I'm absolutely certain he would hate every single human as well.
>> No. 198815
>>198813
Ouch.
>> No. 198816
Holy motherfuck. You returned, you beautiful bitch, you. I kept the faith and now it's all coming back down in a tinkle of sweet update. Bless.


[x] Do some forlorn, looking-off-into-the-distance staring.

She was a fool, Reimu. A good woman but an utter fool.
>> No. 198817
[x] Do some forlorn, looking-off-into-the-distance staring.
>> No. 198818
[x] You hate good people.
Seconding >>198813 , the best ones die early.
>> No. 198819
[x] You hate good people.

Good to see this back.
>> No. 198820
[x] You hate good people.

>Because they keep dying

Harsh
>> No. 198821
[X] You hate good people.
>> No. 198825
[x] You hate good people.

Good to see this back. I like the "die to early" interpretation of this choice.
>> No. 198828
[X] Do some forlorn, looking-off-into-the-distance staring.
>> No. 198926
File 152334744776.jpg - (78.75KB, 850x814, the troubled look she gives.jpg) [iqdb]
198926
“Because,” you say, propping up your chin with a free hand, “I hate good people.”

“Uh,” Reimu says, furrowing her brow, “why’s that? If—if you don’t mind me asking, that is.”

“It’s simple, really. They just die too quick.”

“Ah.” The shrine maiden makes a face like she bit her tongue, what with instant regret filling her profile. “I suppose it was the same for my mother.”

“It was. She—like many other good people—found an untimely death waiting for her in the midst of her idle life. Clawed, maimed, and left to die at the very steps of this shrine. And yet, I know this for fact: no youkai could even touch her if she did not let them. But she talked, she compromised, and she laughed with youkai—a fool she was. I suppose she let that youkai shake her hand completely off, too.”

“Hakurou—”

“She fell in love with her ideals. And in the end, it was that which killed her. Really, she was silly to think that everything could be solved by talking it over. In an era without any spellcards, no less. She was unsound. Stupid, even. She reminded me of something—of someone.”

Hakurou,” Tewi cuts you off. “Mind yourself.”

“He’s fine. I—I never really got to know my mother anyway. Anything I can know about her is welcome, even if it's about, well...” Reimu cuts herself off, embarrassed. “Go ahead and finish.”

You laugh, if only because the current shrine maiden is amusing. “I imagine, if she were in your shoes, the late Hakurei would be crying up a storm by now. Quite the crybaby. So, perhaps you are nothing like your mother. She was unbeatable, but she was also foolish.”

“Just so you know, I’m unbeatable as well. But unlike my mother, I fight first and ask questions later.”

“Oh?” You raise an eyebrow at her. “How strong are you?”

“Undefeated.”

“Then what about the Watatsu—”

Undefeated,” Reimu repeats. “I fly, I defeat gods, I solve incidents. I can do anything.”

“Have a match with me then,” you say.

“I’m game. Do you have your spellcards prepared?”

[ ] You never said anything about spellcards.
[ ] You’ll just make some up on the spot.
>> No. 198927
[x ] You never said anything about spellcards.
Lets see if she has skill in cqc
>> No. 198928
[x] You never said anything about spellcards.
>> No. 198929
[x]You’ll just make some up on the spot
No spellcard doesn’t mean no danmaku, it just means she’s not gonna hold back unless it’s just.. no spellcard but the rule is still in play and even if she’s gone full cqc, she should be pretty good at it considering the fighting game.
>> No. 198930
[X] You never said anything about spellcards.

Let's play a fun game of "Try Not to Die"!
>> No. 198932
[X] CQC

Yea I've never seen a spellcard battle done well on this site. I've never even seen an honest to goodness fight with the powerhouses done well. Except for that final battle against Yukari in Gensokyoland Saga. That was amazing.
>> No. 198934
[x] You never said...

Spellcards...? Where we are going we won't need spellcards.

HINT: It is her bed.
>> No. 198935
[X] You never said anything about spellcards.
Prove yourself, Reimu. Can you teach an old dog new tricks?
>> No. 198936
File 152337570411.jpg - (90.57KB, 1024x578, Revolutionary LoliMILF route.jpg) [iqdb]
198936
>>198934

I dunno dude. This Reimu isn't appetizing at all. Her mom would have made a great lay though. The whole "corruption of innocence" motif is always a great route theme.
>> No. 198937
[x] You never said anything about spellcards.

Somersaulting match on Reimu's futon!
>> No. 198938
File 152337945440.jpg - (97.08KB, 840x595, Hakurei_reimu_fate_grand_order_fate_series_and_tou.jpg) [iqdb]
198938
I wonder if he can use her techniques. Y'know, "Old unbeatable vs New unbeatable"? That's a classic theme.

>>198936
Hey, give this one time!
>> No. 198939
>> "Undefeated."

Tenshi and Suika would like to have a word with you.
>> No. 198940
I like how Tewi of all people is now the moral compass of the story.
>> No. 198941
[X] You never said anything about spellcards.

Back in the good ol day we didn't have no fancy spell cards. No sir! We had to uphill both ways to get anywhere.
>> No. 198942
[X] You’ll just make some up on the spot.
>> No. 199029
File 152677286776.jpg - (85.69KB, 850x779, taken aback.jpg) [iqdb]
199029
“Oh, I never said anything about spellcards, dearie.” You let that sentence hang in the air for that maximum ominous effect. Ooh yeah, you’re just basking in that silence.

From the look on her face, Reimu doesn’t quite get it. She just does that stupid stare until she pieces everything together like a puzzle—a fifty-thousand piece puzzle, maybe. “You mean...”

“We could do shogi—I’m real good at shogi you see. We could do, uh, a little dance contest, maybe some bed wrestlin’ or—”

“I’m a shrine maiden,” she says.

“Don’t sweat the small stuff. Or we could—”

A gust of wind passes through the shrine and you’re gone, up close and reaaaal personal behind the shrine maiden’s back.

“Got ya,” you whisper into the shrine maiden’s ear, before swiping at her neck. She dodges, if barely, by ducking and stumbling away. You could’ve went faster but what good would be a dead shrine maiden, right? “Damn. I would’ve gotten you if I didn’t open my big mouth there. Good instincts though! You ducked like your life depended on it!”

Reimu opens her mouth but the dummy forgot that she was holding her breath. She wobbles over to the table, resting a hand on top as she does a big ol’ exhale. But she’s quick on the recovery, that shrine maiden. “Yeah, well, I’m not too bad at the whole miko business. Got a real knack for it.”

“Sure you do,” says Tewi.

“Do you only open your mouth just to mock me, you dumb rabbit?”

“No. Sometimes I laugh at you, too!”

“Are you asking to be exterminated? Because that’s what it sounds like.”

“In any case,” you say. “I think we’re done here. The match is over—I hope you’re humbled, shrine maiden.”

“Not like I can outdo a god without spellcards,” she grumbles. “That’s just unfair.”

“But hey, if it’s any consolation, you did pretty well just by yourself!”

Reimu’s dumb gaze sobers to something more wary. “Just what do you mean by that?”

“What I mean is that you did pretty well… without your god, that is.”

Man, you thought that Reimu looked especially pale when you went for her neck, but she’s on a whole ‘nother level after you said that. Real marble statue-like, the girl is. You guess that she was playing kinda reserved before because she’s now anything but.

“Y-You—I, gah… how?” Reimu pauses, presumably to find some vocab. “How did you find out?”

“More like how did anyone else not find out? I don’t sense a lick of that old fool here. Spill the beans, miko.”

“Fine,” she says. “God’s been weak since I’ve inherited the shrine. Doesn’t really help that faith’s been waning. So, with all that combined, one day, God just… disappeared. I mean, nobody except me even noticed. Everybody just assumes the obvious—that I have a god because I’m a shrine maiden.”

“Uh-huh,” you say.

Reimu swings her gohei around at you and the rabbit. “I’m trusting you two not to tell anybody—or else.”

“You’re really threatening a god? One that just totally showed you that he could slice you up like a watermelon?”

“I was thinking that if I got serious, you’d be intimidated… or something like that.” Embarrassed, Reimu directs her frustrations to Tewi. “And as for you, rabbit—actually, why are you even here?”

“Funny story, that,” says Tewi. “I’m his ‘shrine maiden,’ term obviously used loosely.”

“What.”

“And since you don’t really have a god anymore, that makes me more of a shrine maiden than you, right?”

What.” Reimu scrambles over the table and paces back and around all quick-like, muttering to herself. “Oh, man. This is the worst. A bunny’s more of a miko than me. How do I even fix this?”

“It’s pretty obvious.” Tewi says. “Just find yourself a god again.”

“Oh, well duh. Of course. Let me just go and pick one up at the market.” Reimu scoffs. “Just where am I going to find a god that’ll—huh.” Reimu does a hurried scoot to you until her eyeballs are up in your grill. “Waaaaait a second.”

You point to yourself. “Who? Me? Shucks, I don’t think I’m cut out for this. It’s been so long since I’ve been a god. What if I’m rusty? I’m sure there are better fish in the god-sea than me! But I mean, if you insist. If you reaaally insist. Since you’ve asked so nicely, I’ll do you a solid and do some part-time for your shrine.”

“Enough with the farce, Hakurou,” says Tewi. “Just god yourself already.”

“Fine, fine. Now, Reimu.” You let a smile creep up your face. “All you gotta do is one small thing for me.”
>> No. 199030
FINALLY
>> No. 199031
[X] Eat all the eggs
>> No. 199033
The Hakurei Shrine with a real God? I wonder how this will affect Reimu's power. At the very least, she'll have to step it up with the proselytizing.

And the Moriyas will no doubt scheme it up too.
>> No. 199043
IT LIVES! I am always happy to see this story updated.
>> No. 199077
File 152815574596.jpg - (112.25KB, 850x735, surprisingly a good listener.jpg) [iqdb]
199077
“Usually,” says Reimu, “when anybody says that all I have to do is ‘one small thing,’ it never is.”

“You’re gonna have to trust me on this. But it’s real easy.” You move a hand to your left breast and catch a pendant by its chain, dangling the jeweled stone up for the shrine maiden to see. “Just take this talisman here and crush it. It’s only a small stone, after all. Brittle, too.”

Naturally, Reimu’s real suspect about the thing. She inches forward and, without touching it, gives it a look-over. “Y’know. I feel like I’m being tricked but my intuition says to do it anyway.” After a moment, she leans over to cup the blasted stone in her hands, and, slowly, she squeezes the talisman between her hands until it grinds to a fine powder. Without much effort on her part, it blows away like sand against the wind. “Now is this the part where you go on an unstoppable rampage across Gensokyo?”

“If only,” you say, shaking your head. “But I’ve done that already. All you did was unseal my powers. I don’t really have a need to cause a scene.”

“Cool. I’m sealing you back.”

Let’s not get too hasty there, miko,” you say. Reimu’s limbs lock up in response, though you can see her hand still twitching its way to her gohei. “I’m telling you all this because I want you to give me a chance.”

Reimu’s taken aback, holding a look on her face like someone told her that they ate all her snacks. But she deflates a little and shrugs. “So do I get a choice in this or what?”

“You do.”

“I don’t really believe you, but I’ll humor you for now.”

“I’m obliged,” you say, gazing straight at the shrine maiden. “If you weren’t aware prior-to, I am an aged god. Humans gave me many names. Okuri-inu. Yama-inu. Ekirei-Okami. Haiiro-Okami. I won’t story you with old memories, so I’ll summarize: humans worshiped me at their own convenience. And I, a younger god at the time, wallowed in my insipience and foolhardily believed in the good of humanity. Stupid, right? In retrospect, it was pretty inevitable that I got stabbed in the back.”

“And how’d they do that?”

“They took away the only thing I cared for in this world. It’s kinda funny how humans have a knack for doing that, right?” You wait for the miko to respond, but she only replies with an uneasy silence. “It was after this time—but before I adopted the name Hakurou—that I fell from grace. I killed, plagued, maimed, and cursed more beings than I was able to count. Humans, youkai, gods—it didn’t matter to me. They were all the same in my eyes. And it shouldn’t come as a surprise to you that I never lost sleep over the whole shebang. Thought I was administering divine judgment and whatnot.”

“You’re not really selling me with the heartwarming ‘I killed a ton of people indiscriminately’ story,” says Reimu.

“I’m not here to convince you. You chose to become my vessel the moment you ground that talisman to dust. And since you wanted a god, you now have one. With him, you have his truth and his regrets, his plague and pestilence, and his long-since quelled wrath.”

Reimu’s face is nothing short of ghastly. “And what do I do with all that?”

“That,” you say, “is ultimately for you to decide.”

“I don’t even know what you want from me.”

“Just keep doing what you’re doing. You’re still a shrine maiden. Just under new management. But if you can, I’d like Gensokyo to be a more peaceful one.”

“What?” Reimu struggles to find her words. “You’re kidding, right? You tell me that you were all gung-ho about blood-and-guts and now you’re telling me that you want Gensokyo to be more peaceful of all things?”

“Yes,” you say.

She’s flabbergasted. “That’s—that’s ridiculous. But you know what? That’s fine. We’re within acceptable levels of ridiculous. As long as you’re not asking to destroy the universe, I guess we can reason things out like adults, unlike the last god that just upped and left.”

“Contrary to popular belief, I’m actually a reasonable god. As long as you don’t go out of your way to destroy the things I cherish, that is.”

“I’ll, uh, try not to do that,” says Reimu. “Oh. Also. Just one last question. You rattled on about how you had many names, but what should I call you?”

[ ] Amatsu, since you’re feeling nostalgic.
[ ] Ekirei. It’s a little insulting, but it serves as a reminder of what you are.
[ ] Haiiro. One village worshiped you as Haiiro and it really stuck with you.
[ ] Hakurou. You’re still just Hakurou.
>> No. 199078
[X] Hakurou. You’re still just Hakurou.

Because it is the most similar to Hakurei, and I will cling to this theory as long as I can. Also, we've had enough serious for now, no need to to change names for meaningful and mysterious reasons.
>> No. 199079
[x] Hakurou. You’re still just Hakurou.
-[x] Humility gives perspective. I don't want to forget that again.

The last time he thought he was the 'Bringer of divine justice' he went on a bloody rampage.
Let's not make him forget that his vengeance was fullfilled, his rage abated, but his pain remained the same.
>> No. 199080
[X] Hakurou. You’re still just Hakurou.

Numerous names attained
Countless people killed
Zero fucks given
>> No. 199081
[X] Hakurou. You’re still just Hakurou.
>> No. 199083
[X]Hakurou. You’re still just Hakurou.
-[X]Though, if my newest Shrine Maiden has a divine moniker she thinks could help promote our shrine, I'm all ears, fluff, and absurd cosmic power.
>> No. 199084
[x] Hakurou. You’re still just Hakurou.
>> No. 199085
[x] Hakurou. You’re still just Hakurou.

Unless we decide to go on a rampage, i see no reason to change our most glorious name.
>> No. 199087
[x] Hakurou. You’re still just Hakurou.

Although the other names might give us some backstory, I think Hakurou is the name that best fits us. Tewi likes Hakurou, not the other names.
>> No. 199089
[X] Hakurou
IF ITS GOOD ITS GOOD
>> No. 199090
>>199089
SAGE GOES ON THE EMAIL FIELD
>> No. 199091
File 152990326938.jpg - (198.16KB, 2048x1143, image.jpg) [iqdb]
199091
>>199090
>> No. 199092
>>199090

Well this time he was voting in an active story, so there's no issue with bumping.
>> No. 199135
File 153247859538.jpg - (64.56KB, 562x774, reimu just going with the flow.jpg) [iqdb]
199135
“Hakurou,” you say. You’re still—corporeal form included—just Hakurou. “But you, under no circumstances, are to call me that to your followers.”

“Then what?” Reimu whines. “What do they call you?”

“Just have ‘em call me the Hakurei god for now. In fact, yeah, let’s go with that. It’d be bad to admit that your god went missing, so why not tell them this? Your god finally adopted a physical form again. And it’s me.”

“I… hmm.” The shrine maiden raps her knuckles on her gohei. “Yeah. That could work. I seriously doubt that anybody remembers the real Hakurei god. Okay, let’s go with that. That’d save me a lot of embarrassment. One thing though—what if I mess up? Just blabber out your name on accident after some sake, maybe?”

“Trust me, you won’t. Bad things will happen if you do. Ruin, mayhem, everything awful you can dream of, multiplied a thousand times. Then multiply that by another million times and that’s what you’ll have to deal with.”

“Right. Yep. Gotcha.” Reimu bobs her head up and down. She finds her eyes leading down to the bottom of her skirt. After nodding some more, maybe as an act of reassurance, she lifts her head up and asks, “Uh. By the way. Why do you do that?”

“Do what?”

“Talk like that. Like… this.”

“Oh,” you say. “You mean like this?”

“Yes. Like that.”

“Because it sends a message. Awakens the kind of fear that mortals tend to forget.”

“Why?” she pointedly asks.

“Fear is easier—and faster, too—to create than respect.”

“Do you enjoy alienating everyone you talk to?”

“As a matter of fact, yes. Sometimes, dialogue isn’t even necessary. So, if you have no further questions, I’m outta here.”

Reimu stops you. “Aren’t you supposed to be the Hakurei god?”

“Yeeeep. And I’m going to be the Hakurei god elsewhere. But don’t worry! I’ll be back. And soon! I can promise you that. I just need to be somewhere that isn’t here. But, hey, at least your problem’s solved! You’re up a god again!”

And Tewi, who’s been silent up until now, says, “Great. Let’s get going then.” She gets up from her seat and heads out, waving once to Reimu.

You, keen to skedaddle, follow the rabbit.

Tewi speeds up a little as you catch up to her. Even though she’s not facing your way, you’re a hundred percent certain that she has a sour expression plastered on her face.

“Ever think you’re not really needed?” she says.

“Uh. No?”

“You suck.”

“You’re pouting.”

“I’m not pouting,” she says, crossing her arms.

“Then would you be happy if I said I needed you?”

“I mean, yes—but only if you’re not lying through your teeth.”

“Okay. I need you then.”

“It’s not really convincing when you’re telling me like that.”

“So hard to please.”

But contrary to her beliefs, you do need her.

[ ] She keeps you from going overboard.
[ ] She keeps you from getting lonely.
[ ] She’s your only constant in Gensokyo.
[ ] She’s a rare source of comfort in an otherwise hostile world.
>> No. 199136
[x] She’s your only constant in Gensokyo.

TEWI ROUTE NOW
>> No. 199137
[x] She’s a rare source of comfort in an otherwise hostile world.

That'd explain his standoffishness.
>> No. 199138
[x] She’s a rare source of comfort in an otherwise hostile world.

Tewi can be our sunshine.
>> No. 199139
[x] She’s your only constant in Gensokyo.
>> No. 199140
[x] She’s a rare source of comfort in an otherwise hostile world.
(insert witty and/or hilarious joke here)
>> No. 199141
[x] She’s a rare source of comfort in an otherwise hostile world.
>> No. 199142
[x] She’s a rare source of comfort in an otherwise hostile world.

Because who comforts the Comfortsmen?
>> No. 199152
[x] She keeps you from getting lonely.

This feels a bit softer to me.
>> No. 199213
File 153474729569.jpg - (134.69KB, 850x971, tewi's expression.jpg) [iqdb]
199213
She’s a rare source of comfort in an otherwise hostile world. You carry a lotta baggage. And you wouldn't say that you hate Gensokyo, but let's just say that you weren't exactly the nicest fella on the block. And you don’t forget—or forgive—that easily. Likewise, neither does Gensokyo. You’re sure that your past will follow you, whether the humans remember or not.

“I need you because you make me feel at ease.”

“And that’s good, why?” Tewi says.

“I get antsy when I don’t feel comfortable. Like, the total-destruction kinda antsy. Oh, also,” you add. “You don’t run away.”

Tewi slows down for a moment, gazing at you from over her shoulder. “That’s because I know I can’t.”

“You’re honest.”

“Everyone will tell you I’m anything but.”

“You’re interesting.”

“So is a finger puzzle but you don't ever need those, do you?"

“You don’t hate me.”

“Look,” she says, stopping to turn around. “Maybe you just have really low standards.”

“I actually have high standards. It’s very easy to hate me.” You politely wait for her to respond, but she’s at a complete loss. So you grin. “See here, Tewi. You always remind me of the past. I was doing the usual the day I met you. Y’know, going on a summer stroll, chatting with the fairies, making plans to destroy the next human village I find, all that good stuff. But then I got sidetracked—hard. I happened to chance upon a rabbit. Lovely lass, I’ll tell you what. Stole my attention for a whole day, and all I did was talk to her. See, all the plans I made for the next human village? Totally forgot.”

“Sounds like you’re just bad at remembering your grocery list,” says Tewi.

“Yeah. Absolutely terrible at stuff like that, I am.” You wrench Tewi to you with a free hand. “I just do things on a whim so I get a little forgetful.”

The rabbit shakes your arm away. “So?”

“So maybe I like talking to you more than mass genocide. Jury’s still out on that one. Weird how you can quell a lonely god with affection, huh?” You breathe out some air—for yoga purposes.

“That’s rare. A sigh coming from the great Hakurou?”

“I’m doing yoga. Would’ve been one step closer to zen if it weren’t for you rudely interrupting me.”

“How precious,” she scoffs. “You, enlightened? Hell would freeze over if that happened.”

“Hey, once upon a time, hell did freeze over. It could happen again, and then all I’ll say to you is, ‘I told you so.’ But in any case,” you say, twirling Tewi around to face the road. “Let’s get back to movin’.”

"Where are we headed to?"

"I was following you, ma'am."

Tewi blushes. "I never had a destination in mind."

"Don't worry—because I do."

[ ] Get lost on purpose.
[ ] Pay a visit to Hieda no What’s-Her-Name.
[ ] See if you can get into that mansion near the lake.
[ ] A while back, you heard from Hina that there was a new shrine up in the mountain.
>> No. 199214
Harass the lolibaba
[X] Pay a visit to Hieda no What’s-Her-Name.
>> No. 199215
[x] A while back, you heard from Hina that there was a new shrine up in the mountain.

Messed with one shrine maiden today, but might as well make it two.
>> No. 199216
[x] See if you can get into that mansion near the lake.

Super vampire invasion. Hum bloody tears for effect.
>> No. 199218
[x] A while back, you heard from Hina that there was a new shrine up in the mountain
>> No. 199219
[X] See if you can get into that mansion near the lake.

The Scarlet manor shall rue the day that it so happened to be in the path of great and magnificent (Newly Appointed) Hakurei God Hakurou!
>> No. 199220
[x] Pay a visit to Hieda no What’s-Her-Name.

We're trying to play nice now, right? THis is a good way to start.
>> No. 199221
[x] A while back, you heard from Hina that there was a new shrine up in the mountain.

We have to go see if the other shrine's gods measure up.
>> No. 199222
[x] Pay a visit to Hieda no What’s-Her-Name.

Harassing someone who might know you from a previous incarnation? Jolly good!
>> No. 199223
[X] See if you can get into that mansion near the lake.
>> No. 199225
File 153491911134.png - (152.22KB, 600x600, 149541835093.png) [iqdb]
199225
>three way tie
>> No. 199226
[X] A while back, you heard from Hina that there was a new shrine up in the mountain.
Hi.
>> No. 199227
File 153495090858.png - (2.17KB, 128x128, adventewi.png) [iqdb]
199227
>>199225
That pic with your name is just too cute
>> No. 199238
[X] Pay a visit to Hieda no What’s-Her-Name.
Did someone mention someone new who may remember this old fox?
>> No. 199239
[X] Pay a visit to Hieda no What’s-Her-Name.

Hopefully this'll break that tie.
>> No. 199265
[x] A while back, you heard from Hina that there was a new shrine up in the mountain.
>> No. 199273
File 153588129412.jpg - (414.49KB, 771x624, 1461794616738.jpg) [iqdb]
199273
>>199265
>> No. 199274
[X] Pay a visit to Hieda no She-Literally_Has-Memories-Of-Me-Fucking-Her-Grandmother-Like-A-Back-Alley-Whore."

Changed my vote since you nerds can't be trusted with the simplest of things.
>> No. 199276
[X] Pay a visit to Hieda no She-Literally_Has-Memories-Of-Me-Fucking-Her-Grandmother-Like-A-Back-Alley-Whore
>> No. 199295
>>199213
[X] Pay a visit to Hieda no She-Literally_Has-Memories-Of-Me-Fucking-Her-Grandmother-Like-A-Back-Alley-Whore.
>> No. 199301
[X] Pay a visit to Hieda no She-Literally_Has-Memories-Of-Me-Fucking-Her-Grandmother-Like-A-Back-Alley-Whore
>> No. 199310
[X] Pay a visit to Hieda no She-Literally_Has-Memories-Of-Me-Fucking-Her-Grandmother-Like-A-Back-Alley-Whore
>> No. 199311
Quick heads up, yo. I'm working on something else so this update will be put on the backburner for a little while.
>> No. 199315
Is the H-scene hype real??
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x