[Return] [Bottom[Last Update]
Posting mode: Reply
(Reply to 193652)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM, WEBP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog
Show or hide post box

 ►
Hide Thread
Watch Thread
Expand All Images
File 148590636951.jpg - (7.56KB, 511x288, images.jpg) [iqdb]
193652
You groan, a sharp pain throbbing in your head as you wake up. You probably shouldn't have gone on a bender like you did.

In fact, you probably shouldn't have gone on one at all. Last night, which was the your first bender, was coincidentally your first drink at all. You groan again, raising your hand to your head.

For a few seconds you think about how much smaller your hand feels, but then dismiss it. It must just be your imagination, or a remnant of the alcohol still being purged from your system.

The memories from last night are hazy, but with a bit of concentration they come back to you. Basically, you and your bros decided to go out for a drink, and you had let slip that you had never drunk actual liquor before.

Needless to say, you regretted it.

You remember pub crawling for quite a while, then finally settling down in this weird eastern-themed pub/hotel or something. The lady at the counter didn't look eastern - you think; still a little hazy. She was... Blonde? Something like that. She also had this weird, real ornate dress

Then, the next thing you remember is just before you were about to check in for the night, she said something a little weird.

"Have a good night's sleep, and don't forget; a dream is just a gateay to somewhere you haven't seen before~"

Of course you had no idea what thst meant, but when you slept, you did have kind of a weird dream. You can still remember it, as you squint your eyes, yawning, about to open them. It was a dream of:

[X] A phoenix, rising from the ashes.
[X] A frog and snake working together in harmony.
[X] A galaxy in the night sky, suddenly bursting with light.
[X] A peaceful clearing with a shrine in the center, serene as a peaceful summer day.
[X] A cherry blossom falling through the air, before being cleaved in twain, then into quarters, by two swords.
[X] A slowly ticking clock in the center of a pool of blood, which is not moving even in a current.
[X] A phoenix, rising from the ashes.
[X] A phoenix, rising from the ashes.
[X] A phoenix, rising from the ashes
[X] A frog and snake working together in harmony.
[X] A galaxy in the night sky, suddenly bursting with light.
[X] A slowly ticking clock in the center of a pool of blood, which is not moving even in a current.
[X] A phoenix, rising from the ashes.
>>193652
[X] A peaceful clearing with a shrine in the center, serene as a peaceful summer day.
[X] A slowly ticking clock in the center of a pool of blood, which is not moving even in a current.

Oh boy here I go falling for the SDM trap already!
Well, there seems to be a lot of votes for Phoenix, but I'm not gonna call it just yet.

Maybe tomorrow.

Also... Well, you'll find out for yourself.
[X] A phoenix, rising from the ashes.
File 148599978557.jpg - (179.82KB, 1029x1125, oh god what.jpg) [iqdb]
193678
Yeah, that's right, your dream was about a Phoenix rising from the ashes after dying. That was a little weird though; you'd never really fixated that much on death, even though you wanted to not die. Although that's not really very much of a dream for you. It's just normal, isn't it?

You yawn, squinting your eyes closed and scratch your chest-

You freeze mid-scratch, your eyes shooting open.

The fuck.

You look down at your body.

The fucking fuck.

You don't remember wearing clothes like the ones you're wearing now.

From what you can see, you're wearing a white shirt and baggy red pants with some sort of weird Japanese seals on them, and some kind of overall - no, actually, your pants have straps which reach over your shoulders.

You also distinctly remember not having breasts. Because you were, you know, a guy.

Apparently not anymore. Oh, and also, you have white hair now, which you noticed because you looked at the straps going over your shoulders. And... well, it's long hair.

Very long.

[X] What.
[X] What the fuck?
[X] What the FUCK?
[X] Panic
[X] ...Eh.
[X] What the FUCK?
[X] What the FUCK?

A clusterfuck approaches...
Where's the popcorn?
[X] ...Eh.

The Dude abides.
[X] ...Eh.
Immediate acceptance is rarer than the freakout and therefore the better option.
[X] What the FUCK?
[X] ...Eh.

so shocked, he accepts it without issue

The only problem now is finding out how much of Mokou we've retained, if any.
[x] What the FUCK?
[x] ...Eh.

Ties FTW.
[x] Eh

...whatever
[x] Eh

It would not be weird for our hero to accept it as part of a dream or something.
[X] What.
[X] ...Eh.
[X] What.
[X] What the fuck?
[X] What the FUCK?
[X] Panic
[X] ...Eh.

the only correct option
[X] ...Eh.
So it's [X]...Eh. with a resounding victory, with [X] What the FUCK? losing out. I can work with this.
File 148611230338.jpg - (54.76KB, 460x345, small grey house.jpg) [iqdb]
193701
After deliberating intensely in your head, pouring over all of the reactions to what happened that you could give, you finally decide on the most apt manner of speech for this situation severely lacking in common sense.

"...Eh."

Your voice - well, not your voice, really, but the voice of whatever body this is - rings out. It's a bit lower than you expected, but still higher than your voice in your past body - well, it could still be just a dream, but you have a feeling that it seems just a tiny bit too real to be one.

It's probably best for you to take this in stride, too; if you panicked, then you might have done something stupid. Like set something on fire. Or make something explode.

Not that you've done something like that before; no, sirree, twas that rube who did it.

Really.

You'll probably panic later, anyway, when this actually sinks in.

Anyway, now that you've managed to take stock of your appearance and situation, you look around at your current location. You seem to be in a small shack, made of wooden planks, lying on a small bed; nothing more than a mattress on the floor, actually. It's surprisingly comfortable, though.

There is a small table to your left that looks like it's less than 30 cm off the ground. Some paper is hanging over the side of the table; it looks fairly new, like someone took a single fresh piece of printer paper and placed it there. Ink is bleeding through it, so you can tell that someone probably wrote on it.

To your right, there are several worn-down cupboard, and also a particularly large one that looks like it could contain food and tableware. There's no fireplace, surprisingly, but you guess a shack this small wouldn't really need one, aside from winter maybe.

How did the person you've become stay warm in winter?

There's also a door directly on the opposite end of the room. It doesn't look very ornate, but for such a small place, why would you need anything else?

In between the door and you is a larger table, off to the side of course so you don't step on it, where the former occupant of this body (if this isn't just a dream) probably ate at.

[ ] You should sit up and check out that table next to your bed; it looks like someone left a note there.
[ ] Check out the cupboards. May as well see if these are your only clothes.
[ ] The pantry, if that's what it is, might have something to eat. You're having hunger cravings.
[ ] You could go outside. Find out where you are. You know.
[ ] Write-In
[X] You should sit up and check out that table next to your bed; it looks like someone left a note there.
[x] You should sit up and check out that table next to your bed; it looks like someone left a note there.

I haven't seen bodyjacking shenanigans since Flight of the Lost Soul, and that was one of my favourite stories. Curious to see where you're taking this one.
[X] You could go outside. Find out where you are. You know.

Immediate results.
>>193701

[ ] You should sit up and check out that table next to your bed; it looks like someone left a note there.
[X] You should sit up and check out that table next to your bed; it looks like someone left a note there.
[x] You could go outside. Find out where you are. You know.

Even if there are consequences, it's not like it'd mean much to an immortal body. Hell, our transmigrant could be freed of his prison if Mokou's meat cage eats it.
[X] You should sit up and check out that table next to your bed; it looks like someone left a note there.
>'To whom it may concern;
>Kaguya's weak point is her cunt. Kick her there, repeatedly, until she dies.
>Sincerely, M.'
[ ] You could go outside. Find out where you are. You know.
Called for checking out the note on the small table. Going to write a post up.
File 148621162659.jpg - (742.19KB, 2172x3264, paper_sheet.jpg) [iqdb]
193714
It's... probably best to check that paper first, if you're being honest. Maybe someone left you something.

You sit up; your head is spinning slightly, and still hurts a bit, but otherwise you're starting to feel a bit better. You look over at the small table next to the bed.

Your hair brushes your shoulders and back, which is kind of annoying honestly, but it's easy to ignore. You reach over and pick up the piece of paper; it looks like it was folded up and unfolded again.

They didn't even go to the trouble of making it look actually old.

Sighing in disdain and shaking your head, you look at the page.

And stare.

'Hello there!

Congratulations on being chosen as a member of the Gensoukyou Exchange Program! You, and 5 other young men, have been given the chance to participate in this little adventure to find out what it's like to become a young maiden.

Now it may be odd at first, and you might panic, but that's normal! Just make sure to learn how to fight, and you'll probably be just fine.

Probably.

As for how long this program will last... you'll see~

Well, toodle-oo! I need to write 5 more letters.

XOXO

Yukarin~'

The contents of the letter are weird enough.

But the weirdest thing is that the letter is in Japanese.

Which you can't read, by the way.

You've tried learning it a couple of times, but it never worked out and in the end, you just quit.

But you can read it now, apparently.

"...Huh. Well, that's a little weird," you mutter, and shrug. Although, to be honest, the letter, instead of answering your questions, just plagues your mind with even more.

Who is this 'Yukarin' whose style of writing makes you want to punch in the face? 5 other people? Learn to fight, and even then you might not be fine? You can read Japanese now? How?

Why do you feel like this letter is leaving something out?

Shaking your head, you pocket the letter for later, to go over it again. You'll think about all those things later, when you actually panic. If you actually panic.

Also, you have pockets. Kinda nice to know.

Which reminds you. What now?

[ ] Go get something to eat
[ ] Exit house
[ ] Look through cupboards
[ ] Write-In
>Why do you feel like this letter is leaving something out?

She didn't say why she start this experiment. I guess we have to kill the other 4? Sounds good.

[x] Look through cupboards
[x] Look through cupboards
[X] Look through cupboards

Lootin'
[X] Look through cupboards
>>193714
[ ] Look through cupboards

Huh,well this is definitely not what I was expecting.

>In before we kill someone without danmaku and reimu goes ape.
[X] Look Through Cupboards has won; I'm gonna write it in a bit.
File 148644266795.jpg - (161.86KB, 850x919, expressionless.jpg) [iqdb]
193731
It's probably a good idea to look through your cupboards.

Well, you say your, but now that you know that this body used to belong to someone else, it seems a bit weird. Just the tiniest bit weird.

Okay, it actually seems creepy as fuck, but it's your cupboard for now, so opening it now isn't that bad.

Right?

Ignoring your thoughts, you decide to hop up and walk over to the cupboard - the clothes one, not the pantry, you think - and pull it open.

There are clothes in it.

That was kind of obvious.

Well, all these clothes do seem to follow a similar theme; they all are either red and white, or red, or just white.

There's also a pile of ribbons in the back right corner of the cupboard, just stuffed away like it's nobody's business.

Also, there's underwear. Well, underPANTS, to be more specific. No bras.

Maybe it's because the previous inhabitant of this body was... well, saying they had a small bosom would be a bit of an understatement.

There are also some weird pieces of paper with Japanese writing on them stuffed away in the corner opposite the bows - some of them are slightly crumpled up. Most of them seem surprisingly well-kept, though, for a pile like that. Right next to them are a few packs of cigarettes, which aren't that interesting to you.

You blink once, and think for a second. "Wait... should I get changed?" you murmur to yourself, and sniff at your armpit.

You pull back and cough harshly. Blegh, you should definitely get changed. At least, if you don't want to be a dirty slob or something.

Maybe you could have a wash... but then you realise something: There's no bucket or anything that would let you clean yourself in this small shack.

Which means you'd have to go outside.

The outside which is an unknown land that's probably dangerous as hell, and almost definitely will result in death.

"Fuck," you say, summing up your situation with one word, your face not betraying any emotion.

But you've got to do SOMETHING.

[ ] Forget about the warnings; that note was probably not true or just trying to scare you. Leave right around now
[ ] Heed the warnings. Just change inside.
[ ] Actually, forget about changing clothes; who gives a shit about cleanliness when you're in a new body?

Also pick one:
[ ] KE
[ ] KA
[x] Forget about the warnings; that note was probably not true or just trying to scare you. Leave right around now.
We'll be fine.
[x] KA
[X] Heed the warnings. Just change inside.
[x] KA

It took me a minute but I think I know where this is going. We'll see.
>>193731
[ ] KA

Kaguya and Keine i'm guessing.
[$] Heed the warnings. Just change inside.

[!]KA
[x] Heed the warnings. Just change inside.
[x] KE

Do want Keine chewing 'Mokou' out for being a slob.
[X] Heed the warnings. Just change inside.
[X] KA
[x] Forget about the warnings; that note was probably not true or just trying to scare you. Leave right around now
[x] KE
MULTI TIDE PISSING!
[X] Heed the warnings. Just change inside.
[X] KA
So KA and changing inside have won. Writing now
File 148651430476.png - (1.01MB, 800x1131, __fujiwara_no_mokou_touhou_drawn_by_dtvisu__8f8ded.png) [iqdb]
193745
You decide that it's probably a better idea to change inside. You won't have to find out if the warnings the paper said were true. You don't necessarily want to find out if they are. Getting washed up can wait for another time, too.

So taking out a pair of underpants, one of the long pairs of shorts, and a white shirt, each looking similar to your current outfit, except maybe a bit cleaner. Then, a slight blush appears on your face, as you start to disrobe.

The actual changing takes not too long, although you avoid looking at your body, because as much as some people would want to masturbate, you're a bit more of a prude than those people. Hopefully you won't have to stay in this body for long enough that you'll have to look at yourself while naked. It's at least a little embarrassing.

As you're pulling up the shorts that you put on (which look like they have seals on them; the same kind as the ones in the cupboard), you hear a knock on the front door.

"Mokou! Are you in there?" The voice is a girl's, from someone maybe your apparent age, or a few years older, perhaps.

You blink, and hurriedly finish dressing. Mokou... the name doesn't sound familiar, but you think that this person might be talking about your new body. Well, you think.

There is more frenzied knocking this time, and the voice is more frustrated. "Come on! Get out here, or I'll come in there and kill you just so I can drag your corpse out of here!"

Okay, so it sounds like you just might be in trouble.

[ ] This person sounds like a psycho; you should do what they say and open the door.
- [ ] Get on the Floor, everybody do the dinosaur
[ ] They can't actually mean what they're saying, right? Ignore the girl's voice, and just continue to look around the room.
[ ] Hide.
[x] Hide.
-[x] Kill her at the first opportunity, then get the fuck out of dodge.

It is kill or be killed.
[x] This person sounds like a psycho; you should do what they say and open the door.

'Sup Kags.
[X] This person sounds like a psycho; you should do what they say and open the door.

What could possibly go wrong?
[X] This person sounds like a psycho; you should do what they say and open the door.

Let the music of battle commence
[X] This person sounds like a psycho; you should do what they say and open the door.
[X] This person sounds like a psycho; you should do what they say and open the door.
[x] Open the door.
-[x] Get on the floor.
-[x] Walk the dinosaur.
[¥]Open sesame
So looks like our character will be opening the door then. Writing now.
File 148671630395.jpg - (65.85KB, 600x779, kaguya (ignore the branch).jpg) [iqdb]
193775
After a few seconds of just standing there, nearly frozen and thoughts going through your mind at supersonic speed, you finally decide that maybe, []just maybe[/i], it'd be a good idea to open the door so that psychopathic bitch (who apparently knows whoever you're in the body of (who is called Moko or something)) doesn't decide to just up and murder you.

You walk over towards the door and pull it open.

And stare.

Directly opposite you is a girl in what looks to be her late teenage years and the same height as you, wearing a Japanese kimono (you're definitely in some kind of Japanese territory, by the way), and with hair almost as long as your new body's hair.

She's also the most beautiful person you've seen.

"...Why are you staring at me like that? Has your brain up and left your body?" she snaps.

You blink, shaking your head. Now that you can hear her more clearly, she has what sounds like a somewhat posh accent - not exactly British, but you wouldn't say it isn't. "Uh, sorry about that," you say. Man, you feel embarrassed.

She looks at you strangely, then sighs. "...No matter. Follow me." Turning around and grunting, she starts to walk away from you.

For a few seconds, you wonder about whether or not she's going to tell you why you have to follow her, but considering that she will probably kill you if you don't, you decide it's probably best to follow her.

When you step outside of your little hut, while you follow her, your surroundings catch your eye. It looks like you're in a small clearing without grass, probably carved out by whoever owns this body. Your house isn't at the centre; actually, it's at a corner. Wood lies on the ground nearby, close to what looks like a fire pit with stones surrounding it. Surrounding the clearing, which has a spartan look, is a bunch of bamboo trees, each larger than you think bamboo trees would have any right to be.

You look up towards the sky, which looks clear and empty of clouds on this day. The sun shines bright towards you, yet strangely, you don't feel the reflexive need to squint.

Looking back towards the girl who's walking towards the center of this clearing, you step forward a bit more, but then stop. She stops, too, not facing you.

"So, I suppose you must be wondering why I came and asked you to follow me out here, and why I did not just kill you once again and drag your corpse elsewhere for a fight," she says, not looking back at you.

Kill you once again? What does she mean by that? "Uh... yeah." Your brain stumbles over all sorts of sentences before coming upon that one.

"Well... it is simply that I decided, for once... why not talk instead of fight?" She looks up to the sky, the clear blue sky, with the sun shining down right into the clearing. "While I know I am prideful, I can acquiesce to a peaceful discourse... But, tis not up to me to decide. What say you?"

[ ] "You talk funny."
[ ] "Um... Well... Sorry, but I'm not the person you think I am..."
[ ] "...Okay, let's talk."
[X] "You talk funny."
[X] "You talk funny."
[x] "You talk funny."
[ ] "...Okay, let's talk."

Pissing against the tide for formalities sake.

I do feel sorry for Mokou now though.
[X] "...Okay, let's talk."

Have a chat for a change.
[x] "...Okay, let's talk."
[x] "...Okay, let's talk."
[X] "...Okay, let's talk."
[X] "You talk funny."
[X] "...Okay, let's talk."
[x] "You talk funny."
[X] "...Okay, let's talk."

Gonna ride this mistaken identity as far as it'll take us!
[x] "You talk funny."
Calling it now; thankfully talking normally (a.k.a. bullshitting about ourselves) won over spaghetti central, but it was real damn close (7 to 6). Writing up now.
File 148688892279.png - (482.52KB, 776x1058, Kaguya.png) [iqdb]
193793
"...Okay, let's talk," you say, keeping your face neutral. You may as well try and bullshit your way through this.

The girl chuckles quietly, and looks down from the sky to the trees on the outside of the clearing. "Quite laconic and blunt as always, Mokou; I suppose you have outwardly changed less than even I over the past millennium."

Something sticks out to you in that sentence and by that you mean holy shit this body's owner is over a thousand years old and so is that girl you're talking to

Regardless, you try and keep calm, keeping your composure. "I s'pose."

"Well, then... It has been quite a while since we've just... talked like this, hasn't it?" She's quiet for a second, then sighs. "I suppose that I had gotten a bit... overzealous in murdering you. It is quite difficult to find entertainment in Gensokyo for an immortal, after all."

You don't really know how to respond to that, staying quiet. The body you're in belongs to a fucking immortal? And you're in some place called Gensokyo (further confirming your suspicion as to where you are in the world)?

The woman in front of you seems to take your silence as something else, though. "I suppose you're right... I have been killing you too much, even for Gensokyo. To be quite honest, over time even murder and death becomes boring. And to do so for the rest of eternity..." She trails off.

Murder, death... all this is almost too much for you. You must be dreaming.

You pinch yourself.

It hurts.

You're not dreaming.

The posh girl takes a deep breath, then continues on. "...This does not come easy to me to say this. But Mokou... I have a proposition for you." She turns around to face you, her face serious. "We shall forgive each other for our transgressions... and refrain from killing one another again. Is that clear enough for you?"

You're not dreaming.

"...Mokou?"

[ ] Faint
[ ] Scream bloody murder
[ ] Grit your teeth and bare it.
File 148689345391.jpg - (72.56KB, 1280x720, why.jpg) [iqdb]
193794
>[ ] Scream bloody murder
Do you want to die?
>[ ] Grit your teeth and bare it.
Don't get naked for no reason!
>[ ] Faint
Why the hell is getting captured the most reasonable option out of those three?


[x] Tell her that she's talking to the wrong person
-[x] If no write-ins are allowed, [x] Faint
>>193794
Shit. I meant Bear it or whatever.

You know, just go with the flow.
[X] Scream bloody murder
[X] Faint

I'm curious as to how Kaguya would react.
[X] Faint

Anemia option
[x] Scream bloody murder
LOUD NOISES
[X] Faint

Always good to have a nap during serious conversations
[x] Grit your teeth
[x] Faint
[!] Faint
[x] Grit your teeth and bear it.

The fuck is with all you anemic pansies? Even Mokou is manlier than you lot!
[x] Grit your teeth and bear it.
>>193800 here.

Changing my vote to [x] Grit your teeth and bear it.
>>193808 Except this isn't Mokou.
Gonna wait a bit longer to call it
>>193812

My point exactly. Would Mokou faint from this? No.

...though Mokou fainting from Kaguya suggesting they stop killing each other is fucking hilarious, now that I think about it.
Faint wins just barely.
Writing now
File 148728525551.jpg - (236.56KB, 850x1243, eirin.jpg) [iqdb]
193825
And of course, you do the only thing you really can do.

Faint.

You don't know how long you're out for. It's a pretty long time, though.

You do, however, hear a couple of people talking while you're unconscious.

"...come on, we've got to get her to E..."

"...ou sure this was a good idea, asking her to st..."

"...dn't think something like this would hap..."

Eventually, you find yourself drifting back into consciousness. You're lying on a bed, your eyes still closed, and it takes a bit of effort to try opening them, so you don't bother.

"...So, what you are saying, Kaguya, is that you went up to Mokou here, and asked her if you could stop killing each other." The voice drifts over towards you from somewhat in the distance; it's a voice that you would imagine a mature woman having, somewhat deep yet clearly feminine. And she's talking about you - or at least, whoever you were in the body of.

"Yes." And there's the voice of the girl who told you that holy shit you're in the body of an immortal you just remembered that. And her name is apparently Kaguya, another Japanese name.

Which is odd; they don't seem to be speaking Japanese, at least to you.

The older voice continues. "The one thing that kept you sane and from hurting other people over centuries of your lives."

"...Yes."

"And you asked her to stop it."

You finally manage to crack open an eye slightly, pointing it towards the speaker.

Your vision is blurry, but she's wearing blue and red clothes and has white hair. She starts turning her head towards you.

You decide it's probably best to keep your eyes closed.

"...yes..." Now Kaguya's (you make a mental note that her name is that) voice is quiet, and meek. For some reason, you feel some smug satisfaction - even though it doesn't feel right to do so.

"Without coming to me to see if it was a good idea."

"...yes..." Now it sounds like she just took helium or something, because her voice is extremely high.

The room is silent for a short while, before you hear the older woman sigh, obviously world-weary. "...Could you leave the room, Kaguya? I need to do something."

"Why can't I-" Kaguya goes quiet suddenly. "...Fine," she says, a sulking tone in her voice.

You hear the sound of shoes clonking against wood, and a door shutting. A few seconds pass and nothing happens.

Then, the other woman sighs. "...You can stop pretending now. I know you're awake."

Shit.

What do?

[ ] Reveal you're awake
-[ ] Say something (write-in)
[ ] Keep pretending to be asleep
[ ] Something else (write-in)

=======

Sorry for taking such a long time; I want to actually be committed to something, because all sorts of shit I can't get committed to.

Also got myself a tripcode so you can tell me by trip
[ ] Reveal you're awake
-[ ]Make eye contact and show a puzzled face.
-[ ] "Huh, so I wasn't imagining things, do you have any ideas for the sudden change of heart".

Hopefully this sounds in character despite being worded awkwardly. Though if you guys end up with something better I'll mostly likely switch.
[X] Reveal you're awake
-[X] Say something: "What's gotten into her?" or some equivalent.

As far as it will take us I say!
[x] Reveal that you're awake
-[x] Act chill, you now know their story now.
-[x] "What's gotten into her? "
(X) Reveal you're awake
[X] Reveal you're awake
-[X] Say something: "What's gotten into her?" or some equivalent.

Best to not try and pretend to Eirin, no doubt she would see through it.
[X] Reveal you're awake
[x] Reveal you're awake

Must... not... make... truck... joke...
[X] Reveal you're awake
-[X] Say something: "What's gotten into her?" or some equivalent.
Called for [ ] Reveal you're awake and [ ] What's gotten into her? Writing up now
File 148761552117.png - (354.96KB, 700x465, eirin2.png) [iqdb]
193861
You open your eyes, looking up at the woman standing next to you. Now that you can see a bit clearer, you notice that she looks to be fairly mature - late thirties, early fourties. She also has white hair - no, silver?

Your eyes flicker around the room, and you take in your surroundings. It looks like you're in a white hospital room - the walls seem to be that shiny plastic that you always see in sci-fi movies. The lights on the roof are some odd sort of fluorescent light -they're like normal ones, but they're shining more uniformly, in an aura-like fashion. Since your head is propped up, you can see that there are a couple of workbenches with odd futuristic devices on them, and one with what looks like just an odd stand, with one half pointing towards the edge and the other towards the roof, each being about 30 centimetres long.

You return your attention to the woman. "...So, what's gotten into her?" you ask, trying not to give any indication that you are not who you seem.

"..." For a few seconds, the woman seems to be considering something. Then she sighs heavily, and sits down into a chair next to your bed - well, it feels like a bed, and you can see sheets from her position.

"...Lately, the Princess has become a lot less cautious. She's decided to take steps towards getting closer to people. I don't know why, but I can hazard a guess." The woman sighs, looking down at the ground. "She may be old, but sometimes I can't help but feel she's still a child..."

You listen patiently, gleaning any information that you can from her speech. Seems like she's the closest thing to a guardian that the girl has - at least, that's what it seems like.

"You know, sometimes I wish that instead of locking herself away in her room all those years ago, that girl had decided to go out... Maybe then, I wouldn't have to deal with so many problems that resulted in her coming out of her shell..." She shakes her head, then looks towards you. "Of course, you would know. Wouldn't you?"

"...I guess," you say.

She chuckles, closing her eyes. "'I guess', she says. Well, anyway, you should be mostly fine - it's just the Princess wants you to stay here until you 'feel better'. That girl is an airhead sometimes." Her lips curve upwards very slightly. Then, she opens her eyes to look into yours, and she's serious again.

"So, since I've deigned to spill my heart to you... may I ask your name?"

[ ] "You don't need to ask when we already know each other."
[ ] "...Mokou. Why?"
[ ] Tell the truth.
[x] "My real name? I'd rather not."

Better to be ambiguous. There was no child of the Fujiwara clan named Mokou. So either she isn't a Fujiwara or" Mokou" is a name she chose for herself.

Also, shouldn't Eirin be happier that Kaguya is growing up at last?
>>193864
She is, but at the same time it's causing some problems for other people. Or something.

I don't know if I exactly portrayed that correctly though.
[x] "My real name? I'd rather not."

We wake up after getting bodyswapped, almost get into a fight to the death for no reason and then some other person that we don't know anything about tries to ask some pointed questions? Let's not tell the whole story yet.
>>193864
[x] "My real name? I'd rather not."

I wonder if Yukari's told anyone about this? Though with Eirin I wouldn't be surprised if she discovered something while giving us a check up.
[x] "My real name? I'd rather not."
[X] Tell the truth.

Sure, why not.
[X] Tell the truth.
[x] "You don't need to ask when we already know each other..."
-[x] "Unless you actually know I'm not who I am. Right?"
>>193885
Sounds good.
[x] "You don't need to ask when we already know each other..."
-[x] "Unless you actually know I'm not who I am. Right?"
[x] "My real name? I'd rather not."
[x] "You don't need to ask when we already know each other..."
-[x] "Unless you actually know I'm not who I am. Right?"

I like this.
>>193861

[x] "My real name? I'd rather not."
[x] "You don't need to ask when we already know each other..."
-[x] "Unless you actually know I'm not who I am. Right?"
So it's pretty much called for "My real name? I'd rather not" right now. Writing up now.
File 148834264139.png - (873.58KB, 600x841, eirin and kaguya.png) [iqdb]
194179
Sorry for the late reply. Was distracted.

=====

For a few seconds, you deliberate over what to say. "My real name?" you ask, stalling somewhat. A few seconds later, after you fail to come up with anything else, you sigh. "I'd rather not."

"...Alright then; I won't push any further," the woman replies, her smile still light. You blink, slightly shocked that she would just accept you there and then. "But we'll have to talk another time later... the princess is coming back now.” Then, she looks to the door and back to you. “Don’t talk much. Oh, and check your pockets later, by the way.”

You blink. What did that even mean? You open your mouth to speak.

You hear a sliding door opening, and looking towards the source, it’s Kaguya. She’s standing in the doorway.

“Eirin, has Mokou awoken yet…” She trails off, noticing Eirin standing next to you, and a smile starts to spread across her face. She whispers something that you can’t hear.

“S’cuse me?” you ask.

Kaguya, realizing you saw her whispering to herself, turns red. Then, she coughs. “Erm, anyway… Eirin, did you manage to figure out what has happened to Mokou?”

Eirin sighs, putting her hand to her forehead. “I’m sorry, Princess, but I haven’t found out what’s wrong with her that made her faint, aside from hearing what you said to her. And no, I don’t know how it could be happening either. I think it would be just best to leave her to her own devices for some time.” She turns her head to you. “What do you think?”

[ ] Agree; you need some more time to figure this out.
[ ] Agree, but also you should keep in contact with Eirin. It’d be best to learn what’s going on.
[ ] Disagree. You’d like to figure out more about what’s going on, and the best way to do that is staying here.
[x] Agree, but also you should keep in contact with Eirin. It’d be best to learn what’s going on.
File 148834351214.jpg - (430.50KB, 700x840, 1486856734921.jpg) [iqdb]
194181
[X] Agree; you need some more time to figure this out.
-[X] (To Kaguya) "I'm immortal, remember?" (headbonking optional)

IMMORTAL LOVE
[x] Agree, but also you should keep in contact with Eirin. It’d be best to learn what’s going on.
[x] Agree, but also you should keep in contact with Eirin. It’d be best to learn what’s going on.
[x] Agree; you need some more time to figure this out.

Better find out more about "Mokou" before trying to pretend to be her around the person that knows her best.
[X] Agree, but also you should keep in contact with Eirin. It’d be best to learn what’s going on.
[x] Agree, but also you should keep in contact with Eirin. It’d be best to learn what’s going on.
[X] Agree; you need some more time to figure this out.

Staying in contact with Eirin is a good idea, but putting it like that in front of Kaguya could be suspicious.
So [x] Agree, but keep in contact with Eirin won. I'll write it up soon.
File 148881604143.jpg - (244.04KB, 850x704, eirin and reisen.jpg) [iqdb]
194435
You look up at Eirin, thinking for a second. After a short time, you nod.

Eirin, considering how smart she is (or at least seems to be), is probably right that you should stay on your own, or at least leave for now.

After thinking for a bit you turn towards Kaguya and speak. "Yeah, what she says." This is probably the way that Eirin wants you to talk, right?

Kaguya opens her mouth for a second, then closes it, and sighs. "...I suppose I should not have expected any more from you than that," she says, her voice quiet. She turns around, then looks back at you. "The offer to become friends still stands, if you want to accept it." Then she turns around, and walks out of the room.

A few seconds pass.

"...She really does want to be friends with you, you know." You hear Eirin say. You look over at her. "Or at least, with Mokou."

"...But I'm not-"

"Yes, and do you think she knows that?" Eirin sighs, shaking her head. "You have enough differences from Mokou, however subtle and only personality-wise, that I know you aren't her," and then she mutters something you can't hear aside from the words 'impossible' and 'soul', and continues with "but Kaguya, for as old as she is, is sometimes a bit dense."

You consider for a few seconds. Someone as old as her being a bit dense? You... can't really think of that happening, but you guess that people who have lived for centuries aren't really that different from other normal humans - there are ones who must be immensely smart and ones who must be mind-bogglingly stupid, and all the in-betweens.

Then, an idea pops into your head. "Hey, is there-"

"Some way you can keep in contact with me?" Eirin asks. "Actually, I've thought of that. Remember my advice from earlier when you get back to your house." You, meanwhile, look at her funny. "...Oh. I'm doing the 'mind-reader' thing, aren't I? I apologize; usually, I simulate all conversations in my head before going through with them, so I know exactly what to say, and what others are probably going to say. Because of your appearance, well, I suppose I did it on instinct, but since you're not comfortable with it, I'll stop."

You sigh in slight relief. "Alright, then. I guess this means I should go home... If that's what that place was." You start to sit up.

Eirin blinks. "Wait a second, that's right. You won't be able to get back to your house." She pauses. Then yells "REISEN!"

A few seconds later, you hear a tumbling noise, and the sound of something crashing into hard wood. Then, a nearby door opens, from what seems to be a closet of some sort.

Standing in that closet's doorway is a harrowed girl, who looks to be a similar age as you now and Kaguya do (although looks don't mean anything, you remind yourself), with silver hair, red eyes, and rabbit ears, the hair messy and frizzy and her eyes almost closed from stress. It also looks like she's bruised all over.

also she has bunny ears what the fuck

"What is it, Master Eirin?" she asks, and you can just hear her tired tone in her voice. She's very obviously real worn-out right now.

"I want you to go to Mokou's cottage with her - lead the way, too." Eirin's voice is commanding as she says that, and Reisen blinks.

"...Eh? B-but I already know the layout of the forest, and I can get there easy! And Mokou should be able to find her way back to her own house on her own, right?"

Reisen's protests are ignored by Eirin, who just raises an eyebrow. "I trust you, Reisen, and I know that Mokou can find her way back to her home, but I need to know if you know the way to her place very easily. As for Mokou... for some reason, she asked for you to accompany her anyway, and lead her. I don't know why she did it, but I have had my suspicions that she is smitten with you."

Suddenly, Reisen freezes slightly, a bright red blush spreading across her face. "W-what? N-no way! She's j-just an acquaintance, if even that!" she stammers.

Eirin chuckles lightly. "I'm only kidding. What Mokou no Fujiwara asks for is sometimes a mystery even to me."

Reisen's face is still slightly red, and her bunny ears are sticking straight up for some reason, before she relaxes slightly, sighing in defeat "...Alright, fine; I'll take her."

You should probably say something now.

[ ] "I can go home by myself."
[ ] "Thanks, I guess."
[ ] Write-In
[x] "Thanks, I guess."
rack up ALL the bunny points
[X] "Thanks, I guess."
[X] "Thanks, I guess."
[ ] "Thanks."
[x] Thanks, I guess.
[x] Has Kaguya acted weird recently? She didn't seem like herself today.

Irony points!
[X] "Thanks, I guess."

No reason to be rude.
[ ] "Thanks, I guess."
[X] "Thanks, I guess."

Jesus anon, writing Eirin so smart that she can literally predict conversations? Part of me thinks that's slightly overboard - being a genius is different from functioning like a literal supercomputer.
File 148885437045.jpg - (114.66KB, 921x1000, reisen route best route.jpg) [iqdb]
194458
[x] "Thanks, I guess."
File 148886255497.jpg - (45.02KB, 396x494, __fujiwara_no_mokou_touhou_drawn_by_shangguan_feiy.jpg) [iqdb]
194465
>Reisen route best route

My nigga.
Called for [X] Thanks, I guess

Writing up now
File 148910230449.jpg - (128.25KB, 850x1017, __reisen_udongein_inaba_touhou_drawn_by_piro_iiiii.jpg) [iqdb]
194624
After a couple of seconds, you smile. "Thanks, I guess."

Reisen closes her eyes, waving her hands about like those people in anime. "O-oh, it's no problem!" For some reason, her face is still red, though. "J-just follow me!"

You stand up, nodding, and she turns around to face the door.

Before walking off, you look back at Eirin. She's holding her hand over her mouth for some reason, her eyes full of mirth. She winks at you, for some reason.

You blink. Then, you shrug your shoulders, looking back towards Reisen. She's standing at the door, waiting. "...Come on, Mokou," she says.

You walk up to her. Satisfied, she turns around and begins to lead you through this place... wherever you are.

You note the traditional Japanese architecture (you are a total weeaboo, after all), and all the rabbits. Which there are a lot of.

Rabbits, that is.

When you're not seeing a rabbit, you're seeing a girl with rabbit ears.

Even after being transported into someone's body, you have to admit that this place you've found yourself in is weird.

The silence is awkward, and you just want to finish walking through this maze of a place. Soon, though, you find yourself and Reisen at an exit - there are some stairs leading downwards onto the ground, and as before, a huge forest of bamboo.

Reisen turns to you. "So, um, Mokou... is something wrong? You're a bit, um... quiet today... Is there something wrong?" she asks.

Oh shit. She noticed something off about you.

[ ] "I have amnesia."
[ ] "Kaguya wants to be my friend."
[ ] "I'm actually not Mokou; I'm some random person who was transported into Mokou's body after going to sleep at some random hotel."
[ ] "Just remembering something."
[X] "Kaguya wants to be my friend."

We can't drop the bombshell on people who don't figure it out yet. And this option lets Reisen come to her own conclusions.
[ ] "I'm actually not Mokou; I'm some random person who was transported into Mokou's body after going to sleep at some random hotel."

Unless someone has a more tactful write-in
[X] "Kaguya wants to be my friend."
[X] "Kaguya wants to be my friend."

Misunderstandings, ho!
[X] "Kaguya wants to be my friend."
[x] "Kaguya wants to be my friend."

Sounds like the funniest option.
[X] "Kaguya wants to be my friend."

This seems most likely to lead to further shenanigans down the road, so I'm all for it.
[X] "Kaguya wants to be my friend."
[x] "Kaguya wants to be my friend."

...it is a pretty weird thing.
[X] "Kaguya wants to be my friend."
[x] "Kaguya wants to be my friend."

Pissing against this tide isn't even worth it.
>>194650
You're telling me; I was not expecting this story to get this many votes this quickly. Guess the concept interests people? I dunno. I'm pretty shit at writing right now (I mean, writing first drafts, basically.)

Anyway, it's called for [X] "Kaguya wants to be my friend." Gonna do some writing tonight then look over it in the morning to see if it was good this time; hopefully that'll improve the quality.
File 148917819268.png - (214.37KB, 728x900, __reisen_udongein_inaba_touhou_drawn_by_miyo_ranth.png) [iqdb]
194680
You think for a second about what to tell her.

For a couple of seconds, the idea of telling the truth flashes through your head, but you dismiss it pretty quickly; that’s probably a Bad Idea, and you can tell because you can actually hear the capital letters in that sentence.

Instead, you go for something which you think is a bit more mundane. “Kaguya wants to be my friend.”

Reisen, seemingly satisfied, nods and turns to face the pathway in front of the place where you are – as much as one could call a group of ground with no grass on it a path.

It seems like she’s about to lift her foot when she freezes.

She turns to you, her face expressionless. “…What.”

You open your mouth, but before you can answer, Reisen holds up her hand in a ‘shush’ position, quieting you. She looks around for a second cautiously, seemingly searching for any observers, and looks back at you when she’s certain the coast is clear.

“So… you mean to say that Princess Kaguya – one of the most stubborn and immature people in Gensokyo… wants to be friends with someone she once regarded as a mortal enemy.”

You nod.

Reisen twitches. “And this is the truth.”

“Yep.”

“You’re not lying.”

“Nope.”

After a few seconds, Reisen’s face falls, and it looks like she’s about to cry, but instead she just grumbles and holds a hand up to her head. “…Couldn’t someone have told me when we got transported into crazytown?” she says underneath her breath. A couple of seconds later she gives a heavy sigh, slumping, and her hands at her sides. With the same blank expression as before, she looks you in the eye. “…I guess I should just take you home.”

You nod.

What follows is an awkward silence as the two of you walk through the woods, which seem to be absent of wildlife sans birds (and maybe someone shouting ‘Aroo’, but you’re not sure if that would count as wildlife). After about maybe half an hour of walking you reach the same little clearing you were in before – the one where you woke up this morning.

Next to you, Reisen turns to look at you. “See you later,” she says, giving you a hollow smile and a little wave. It seems she's still a little shocked from what you said earlier. She starts to turn around and leave.

[ ] Go all out on the goodbye; jump in place and wave like a lunatic.
[ ] Wave normally and give your biggest, friendliest smile, and say “Bye, Reisen-chan!”
[ ] Just turn around and go inside.

[ ] After you’ve finished the goodbye, you should…
-[ ] Check your pockets. Eirin told you to do that, didn’t she?
-[ ] Try to explore the surrounding forest; you might find the source of that ‘Aroo’
-[ ] Just relax and crash for the day.
[X] Just turn around and go inside.

If we want to be seen as Mokou, then we need to act like Mokou.

[X] After you’ve finished the goodbye, you should…
-[X] Check your pockets. Eirin told you to do that, didn’t she?
[X] Just turn around and go inside.
[X] After you’ve finished the goodbye, you should…
-[X] Check your pockets. Eirin told you to do that, didn’t she?
[X] Wave normally and give your biggest, friendliest smile, and say “Bye, Reisen!”
[X] After you’ve finished the goodbye, you should…
-[X] Check your pockets. Eirin told you to do that, didn’t she?
[X] Wave normally and give your biggest, friendliest smile, and say “Bye, Reisen!”
[X] After you’ve finished the goodbye, you should…
-[X] Check your pockets. Eirin told you to do that, didn’t she?
[X] Wave normally and give your biggest, friendliest smile, and say “Bye, Reisen!”
[X] After you’ve finished the goodbye, you should…
-[X] Check your pockets. Eirin told you to do that, didn’t she?

Definitely
[x] Wave normally and give your biggest, friendliest smile, and say "Bye, Reisen!"
[x] After you’ve finished the goodbye, you should...
-[x] Check your pockets. Eirin told you to do that, didn’t she?
[x] Wave normally and give your biggest, friendliest smile, and say "Bye, Reisen!"
[x] After you’ve finished the goodbye, you should...
-[x] Check your pockets. Eirin told you to do that, didn’t she?

Could...Could this be it guys, the mythical Reisen route. I feel like a spark of hope has been lit inside me.
[X] Just turn around and go inside.
[x] After you’ve finished the goodbye, you should...
-[x] Check your pockets. Eirin told you to do that, didn’t she?
So looks like it's called for being friendly to Reisen and checking the pockets. Gonna write it some time later.

Also decided to get a name to be different.
File 148937866871.png - (321.22KB, 369x412, imagine the screen kinda like these.png) [iqdb]
194821
Let’s see… based on what you had heard from Eirin, and what Reisen implied, Mokou and Reisen were pretty friendly. You feel guilt churn in your stomach; the person you’ve replaced, Mokou, had friends, and pretty good ones too. You feel the urge to curse out the ‘Yukari’ person who put you here’s name, but you probably shouldn’t do it now.

That being said, you turn to face Reisen, and a smile comes to your face fairly easily, almost as if it’s natural rather than faked. “Goodbye, Reisen!” you say, waving at her.

If Mokou is gone for now, might as well try and keep her life as normal as it could be for now, right?

…Why is Reisen blushing?

“E-eh… Goodbye, M-Mokou,” she says, and turns around, scampering off into the forest like a hare. Maybe that’s why she has those ears?

Regardless, you recall something important that Eirin mentioned earlier – that there was something in your pockets or something. It’s probably fairly important, considering she emphasised it pretty heavily.

Reaching into your pockets, you feel something hard and made out of some sort of plastic, alongside some a piece of paper that feels slightly crumpled. Pulling the offending items out, you find yourself holding something that looks like two pieces of hard horizontal plastic stuck together, and a note written in fancy handwriting.

You read the note.

‘Mokou (or whatever you choose to call yourself),

I have no idea what happened to put you into Gensoukyou, but I managed to throw together a little low-tech thing for you. I’m not the best with non-medical technology, of course, but I can manage. It should help give you a crash course in everything you need to know.

Normally, I wouldn’t do this, but it’s in my vested interest for everything go back to normal as soon as possible, so I created this just in case a scenario like this ever occurred, so that the person who replaced the other person would be able to act as normal until the event was fixed, or indefinitely until revealed if it was unable to fix the event.

All you need to do is press the button on the bottom of the larger piece of plastic to activate it. It’s called the Eirindex, and it’s more comprehensive and far more accurate than that human girl’s archives. You’ll see what it does. Press the button again if you want to turn it off.

Just don’t tell anyone about it, okay?

Dr. Eirin Yagokoro, PhD in Medicine~’

You look at the pieces of plastic again. It’s true that one is slightly larger than the other, and there is a button on the very bottom of the larger piece. That taken into consideration, you press the button

Suddenly, the two pieces of plastic start to float apart, and light flickers between the two – hard, orange light, with words written all over it.

There’s a menu, below a title which says in all uppercase letters in English ‘EIRINDEX’ (you don’t know why the fact that it’s in English stands out to you), and the menu has 3 options: Search, Voice Search, and Contents. It also reads in the same font on the top piece of plastic (which was previously mostly encompassed by the larger piece) ‘DON’T PANIC’ in large, red words, with all-capital letters.

It’s a portable hardlight tablet.

Low-tech, your ass.

What do?

[ ] Search for something using the Eirindex: (Write-In)
[ ] Put away Eirindex and do something else.
- [ ] Crash in bed. You’re tired, even though you just were unconscious for who-knows-how-many hours.
- [ ] Search for Aroo.
- [ ] Explore the clearing more thoroughly.
[x] Put away Eirindex and do something else.
- [x] Search for Aroo.
File 148938412328.png - (776.24KB, 1024x611, information_is_power__sombra__by_easyguychris-danh.png) [iqdb]
194835
[x] Search for something using the Eirindex:
-[x] Mokou
-[x] Kaguya
-[x] Reisen
-[x] Eirin
[x] Search for something using the Eirindex:
-[x] Mokou
-[x] Kaguya
-[x] Reisen
-[x] Eirin
[x] Search for something using the Eirindex:
-[x] Mokou
-[x] Kaguya
-[x] Reisen
-[x] Eirin
[x] PANIC
[x] Search for something using the Eirindex:
-[x] Mokou
-[x] Kaguya
-[x] Reisen
-[x] Eirin
[X] Search for something using the Eirindex:
-[X] Mokou
-[X] Kaguya
-[X] Reisen
-[X] Eirin
[X] Search for something using the Eirindex:
-[X] Mokou
-[X] Kaguya
-[X] Reisen
-[X] Eirin
[X] Search for something using the Eirindex:
-[X] Mokou
-[X] Kaguya
-[X] Reisen
-[X] Eirin
-[X] The Iron Throne

Because I want to see what silly answers the Eirindex can put out.
Well, I guess I can call it here; gonna do some googling on the futuristic device thingy.

Gonna write it up some time today.
File 14895861848.jpg - (230.26KB, 850x1384, yet another mokou.jpg) [iqdb]
194965
Well… You take a look around the clearing, making sure there is absolutely no-one around again, and give a sigh of relief. Then, you look down at the futuristic tablet thingy that Eirin supposedly made while you were in that place after you had fainted.

Wait.

Just how quickly did she make this thing?

After a few seconds, you shake your head; it’s probably best not to think about it. Eirin seems like the type of genius that would put a person like Albert Einstein to shame, and even rival or maybe surpass Nikola Tesla. Instead, you think for a bit, before you perk up.

You input the name of the person who you’ve taken over the body of – ‘Mokou’ – into the Search option (which basically pulls up a mini-iPad or touchscreen keyboard made out of hard light).

A truly staggering amount of information comes up. You feel somewhat overwhelmed; your head starts to spin a little, before you shake it and focus. You should probably read this. It’s probably important, considering you now have to impersonate this person.

=========

Name: Fujiwara no Mokou

Titles: The Immortal Fujiwara, The Shape of Hourai, The Crimson Watchguard

Age: Over 1300 years old

Appearance: Fujiwara no Mokou is approximately 5’6”, and weighs approximately 62 Kilograms. She has a mostly flat chest, but does have small breasts, and tends to leave her legs unshaven due to habit from roaming the wilderness for as long as she has and the fact that even though she is immortal hair still grows, hence why she constantly wears long pants. Her hair is long and white, and her eyes are scarlet.

Personality: Fujiwara no Mokou is a somewhat blunt person, who tends to not put much value on her own existence. This is due to her immortality. For her age, however, she is surprisingly straightforward and unlearned, preferring to act how she feels rather than keep her emotions secret unlike most beings of such an age. She also tends to remain relatively quiet with others, unless engaging in conversation, or exchanging threats, or speaking with a close friend. Her favourite food is yakitori chicken. She also has a fairly boyish personality, yet speaks like a woman. She has a somewhat paradoxical outlook on life, being both optimistic and pessimistic.

History: Born in Ancient Japan to a member of the imperial Japanese court known as Fujiwara no Fuhito, Mokou was an unwanted 5th child of the family. She was treated like dirt, and was scorned, and her sisters were taught to hate her. Her brothers treated her like family, however, and she grew up around them more. Kaguya Houraisan, Princess of the Moon and Bamboo Cutter Princess, embarrassed her father and clan with 7 impossible requests when he asked to marry her, and so she grew up to hate Kaguya, searching for her once she reached a certain age, but never found her.

Eventually, she discovered that Kaguya had left something for the Emperor of Japan – an elixir which would make the drinker immortal, the Hourai elixir. She followed a group of men who were on secret orders to throw the Hourai elixir into Mount Fuji. The group was led by a man named Iwakasa. Eventually, when they reached the mountain after she joined the group, she discovered their true purpose, but Konohanasakuyahime, the goddess of the mountain, told them to not throw the elixir into the mountain, since it would rekindle the flames, and told them to take it to her sister.

What happened afterwards is that during the night time, the soldiers all fought to drink the elixir, killing each other, or were killed by Konohanasakuyahime after trying to drink it. Iwakasa and Mokou were the only two who remained. However, while going down the mountain, Mokou decided to murder Iwakasa, taking the elixir from him, as the urge to become immortal to take revenge against Kaguya for staining her family’s name overpowered her.

=========

What follows is a bunch of boring stuff about Mokou after she became immortal, so you skim through it, noting a couple of cool things (like how she fought that river dragon or something, or how she and Kaguya met each other and fought, with the reason being unclear or having changed since Mokou became immortal). But then, you notice the word Gensoukyou again, and stop skimming.

=========

Fujiwara no Mokou decided to connect with more humans in Gensoukyou after the Imperishable Night Incident, in which the residents of Eientei hid the moon, replacing it with a fake one. She eventually ended up becoming an escort to those in need of going to Eientei, which started a clinic.

Hobbies: Fighting Kaguya, Running a Yakitori stand

Relationships:

=========

You groan, rolling your eyes. There are a lot of relationships here – just like how the history section was filled with boring stuff. You just skip through to the people who you know of right now.

=========

Kaguya Houraisan: Kaguya and Mokou are enemies, and tend to regularly go and kill each other. They are also among the few immortal beings that live on Earth.

Reisen Udongein Inaba: Reisen and Mokou are quite friendly with each other, and talk fairly often.

Eirin Yagokoro: Eirin Yagokoro is somewhat on friendly terms with Mokou, although they don’t talk very often.

=========

At reading that last line, you frown. Didn’t Eirin write this?

Then you shake your head. No, she just said that ‘they didn’t talk often’, not that ‘they didn’t know much about each other’.

That said, you ignore the rest of the profile, and are about to turn it off, when you notice something suddenly: Powers.

Suddenly, your interest rekindled, you start to read.

=========

Powers:
Immortality: Fujiwara no Mokou has immortality; that is, she is unable to be killed, and if her body is harmed or destroyed, it will be regenerated almost instantly. She does still feel pain, hunger, and tiredness, however, although those eventually are undone too by her immortality after long enough.
Magic: Mokou is somewhat proficient in the art of magic, knowing several arts of sorcery that she has picked up on her travels across the land.
Martial Arts: Mokou is a practitioner of several forms of martial arts, having learnt them at a young age and refined them over 1300 years. Usually, she tends to use these martial arts as her first line of defense against youkai that choose to not follow the Spellcard Rules while chasing after her due to the fact that she is an immortal, and her other abilities as a last resort in order to avoid disturbing particularly strong youkai.
Fire Control: Mokou has control over fire to a degree. She can cause fire to manifest, and throw fireballs, and create sparks. She also can control it to a greater degree, but it requires concentration that in the heat of battle usually isn’t used.
Flight: Mokou, as many other residents of Gensoukyou do, has the ability to fly. She uses magic to fly, in her case.

=========

You look over the list again.

And again.

And you can’t help but crack a smile. “Holy crap, that’s awesome,” you say. Your voice is at a normal level for some reason, and you can’t help but feel like you should be more excited, but you’ve been feeling oddly subdued ever since you woke up earlier.

You think about possibly trying out some of these abilities later on. But that’s for later; now, you should research something to do with the others you’ve met.

You do so.

All their profiles tell you quite a lot about them – well, at least, Reisen and Kaguya’s profiles do. Kaguya’s tells you how she can manipulate eternity, and how her personality is – or at least was – that of a spoiled princess who after being banished to the Earth from the moon (also there are moon people by the way), didn’t actually mature a single bit. She’s still just almost as childish as she was when she left the moon.

She also drank the Hourai Elixir. And helped create it, on Eirin’s instructions.

Reisen is a rabbit who fled from the moon to Gensoukyou after Neil Armstrong landed on the moon, and – according to the Eirindex’s account of events – subsequently fought the moon people. Apparently, Apollo 11 was on the moon for much longer than NASA said it was, and had brought along special weapons designed for space-like conditions just in case of aliens. Some of the moon people noticed the human ship landing, and went to try and fight them off, but Neil used the special weapons to defeat the moon people, and escaped before reinforcements came. Also, according to the Eirindex, the most commonly believed versions of those events are actually on either extreme of there being no real lunar war OR humans destroying the Lunarian capital, but not often is the truth presented as, well, truth.

Anyway, Reisen is able to control waves or something, which lets her control brainwaves, soundwaves and lightwaves to manipulate perception, and presumably many other types of waves. She’s also very kindhearted and generous, always helping out humans who , even though she used to be scared of them for some reason. Probably the above-mentioned lunar war.

Eirin’s profile barely mentions anything, aside from her being a genius, and her history after landing on Earth. You probably shouldn’t have expected to find out that much about her from a repository of knowledge BY her, anyway.

Anyway, you’ve pretty much finished looking up what you felt like looking up, so you press the button again. The pieces of plastic snap back together as the hard light disappears.

Well, what now?

[ ] The Eirindex mentioned a human village, right? You should go explore it.
[ ] Wait, all these things mentioned ‘Japan’ and everyone has a Japanese name. Are you speaking Japanese?
[ ] Test out your new powers; this’ll be cool.
[ ] Write-In
[X] Test out your new powers; this’ll be cool.

Better to test them now then in the heat of a bad situation.
[x] Test out your new powers; this’ll be cool.
-[x] Also try to get a lay of the land. What kind of guide can't find his own house?
[x] Test out your new powers; this’ll be cool.

Finally we can realize our lifelong dream of being a superhero with hairy legs.
[x] Test out your new powers; this’ll be cool.
-[x] Also try to get a lay of the land. What kind of guide can't find his own house?
[x] Test out your new powers; this’ll be cool.
-[x] Also try to get a lay of the land. What kind of guide can't find his own house?
[X] Wait, all these things mentioned ‘Japan’ and everyone has a Japanese name. Are you speaking Japanese?
Is this a tidepiss?
[X] Test out your new powers; this’ll be cool.
If one has superpowers one must test them!
Called for testing out superpowers.
File 149105311769.jpg - (397.26KB, 850x1133, angry mokou.jpg) [iqdb]
195653
Suddenly, a smile spreads across your face as something springs to mind.

You have superpowers.

You have super powers.

Super. Powers.

No matter how many times you think that to yourself, it still remains insanely cool. Superpowers. You, a person who was just an ordinary guy a day ago, have superpowers. You could be a superhero! You could fight crimes and stuff!

Well, maybe not be a superhero. But hey, at least you have superpowers.

You shake your head. No, no, no; you should stop thinking about the fact that you have superpowers, and start utilizing these powers. Which means power testing

Super power testing.

You, for lack of a better description, squee.

Following this, it takes you several minutes to calm down, using all sorts of methods to distract yourself from the fact that you have superpowers now and convincing yourself to start practicing them.

First, flying.

The best way you could think to fly initially is maybe just concentrate really hard on floating upwards. So you do that.

…It’s not working.

You concentrate even harder, clenching your teeth and gripping your fists. It still isn’t working, and you realise that you kind of look like you’re taking a shit. So you stop with the concentrating.

Next idea is just thinking ‘I want to fly.’ That flies right out the window, so to speak, when you try that too and it doesn’t work.

Suddenly, an idea comes to you. Remembering a bit from the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy stories about flying, maybe you should try falling but missing the ground when you hit. That ought to work, right?

Halfheartedly you look around for a high point. The only one you can see, though, is on the roof of your new body’s hut.

Wait. Is that a ladder on the side of the hut?

You walk up to the ladder, touch it, and find out it is, indeed, a ladder.

You proceed to climb up it, before standing at the top of the roof. It’s fairly flat, thankfully, as it’s not made out of thatch but instead a type of wood.

And then you jump.

In preparation to hitting the ground while expecting your own failure, you close your eyes, but the hitting the ground never comes. Hesitantly, you open a single eye. Then you open another.

You’re floating.

Huh. That worked.

You smile, and try to float upwards. Your body moves in a way that you can’t honestly describe, and you do actually begin moving upwards.

You’re actually flying! That’s awesome.

Following a bit of flying around the courtyard (it’s not much, and you need better control) you settle down on the ground and decide it’s time to try out some fire control.

You concentrate for a few seconds. Fire control… Fire control… Search for the fire inside of you… There is a fire deep inside of you…

Slowly, you grow frustrated, as a few seconds turns into a minute turns into half an hour turns into an hour.

Finally, when all is said and done, you’re nearly growling. “God damn it, just fucking WORK!” you shout, fire coming off you in waves.

…Wait a second.

Your anger evaporates after seeing the fire, in an aura around you. You start to smile, then grin. You can summon fire!

Then suddenly the fire disappears.

Your face blanks. You snap your fingers.

The fire doesn’t come back.

“Huh.”

Well, at least you know you can summon fire now.

As for the other two powers, they seem A) more learnt than innate and B) painful to test out, so you kind of rule those ones out for now. But anyway, you should probably do something.

But what?


[ ] The Eirindex mentioned a human village, right? You should go explore it. 
[ ] Wait, all these things mentioned ‘Japan’ and everyone has a Japanese name. Are you speaking Japanese?
[ ] Write-in

Sorry for the delay. Uni and all that.
[x] Are you speaking Japanese?
[x] Your fire powers seem to depend on your mood.
-[x] GET MAD, YOU NEED A GODDAMN LIGHTER.
[X] Wait, all these things mentioned ‘Japan’ and everyone has a Japanese name. Are you speaking Japanese?
[X] Wait, all these things mentioned ‘Japan’ and everyone has a Japanese name. Are you speaking Japanese?
[ ] The Eirindex mentioned a human village, right? You should go explore it.
[X] The Eirindex mentioned a human village, right? You should go explore it.
Alright, so I'm going to start working on this story again. I just need some more time to decide if one more vote is going to be needed, or if to write it with the current votes.

I do have to do Uni and am currently writing another story, though (I'm dropping the Dragon Maid one; that was a fad of the month thing that I wasn't really too satisfied with in the first place), so it might be a bit difficult for me to do regular updates. So please wait warmly~
[Return] [Top]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


Thread Watcher x
Reply toX