[Return]
Archived Thread
File 141580584651.jpg - (199.86KB, 800x396, touhou1.jpg) [iqdb]
182747 No. 182747
It’s my first time writing something for this board, so I hope you guys like this, and are willing to put up with a newbie like myself.

I’ll also admit that this is actually a restart of a quest I tried on a different board, so you’re technically getting recycled content. But I've tweaked it a bit, and hope to actually get somewhere with it this time.

So, enjoy.

_________________________________________


There's times when you ponder the wisdom of moving out to the boonies for a job.

The incredibly spotty phone service, narrow mountain roads, tiny stores, non-existent night-life, and overly superstitious locals that act like going outside at night means taking your life into your own hands don't exactly provide much incentive.

But then, a job's a job, and you'll take what you can get in this economy.

And the view isn't anything to sneeze at either. The Post might not pay a lot, but your coworkers (all two of them) are locals, who know the land like the back of their hand. And more importantly to your salary, they were able to point you in the direction of a nice and cheap place to stay. It's a little cabin tucked up on the mountain, away from all three populated streets that make up what one could charitably refer to as the village. It's not exactly the most convenient location, but the old men at the office know the owner apparently, and brokered out a cheap deal on rent for you. At least it has power, and running water.

And again, the view isn't anything to sneeze at.

You’re a city boy through and through, so mountains and forests? All the bushes and general green plant life you can’t identify is actually kinda pretty. It’s colorful and different from the concrete and steel of the city. Birds that aren’t crows trying to go through your garbage are a pretty novel concept too.

You take another sip of your beer, as the sun turns the sky a riot of orange and purple, turning the distant mountains into silhouettes. A cool breeze makes the leaves rustle, and you can hear some of those birds chirping in the distance. It’s almost like you’re in postcard, it’s so damn picturesque.

The whole thing just gives you a feeling of peace and tranquility.

Yeah, you left everything you've ever known for the sake of a job you don't really see yourself caring too much about. But hey, maybe it won't be so bad?

There's still a little bit of light left, before the sun completely sinks below the horizon though. You’re basically unpacked too, not that you have much in the way of possessions anyway, so you have some free time.


[ ] You officially start your job tomorrow, so you suppose there's nothing wrong with making an early night of it.
[ ] Take a walk in the woods. All this green is still pretty amazing to a city boy like you.
[ ] Go into 'Town' and buy some groceries. You don't really have anything apart from instant-noodles in the cupboards right now.
No. 182748
[ ] Go into 'Town' and buy some groceries. You don't really have anything apart from instant-noodles in the cupboards right now.

At least get something to spruce up the noodles, like eggs and fresh spring onions
No. 182749
[ ] Go into 'Town' and buy some groceries. You don't really have anything apart from instant-noodles in the cupboards right now.

As easy as it would be to live off of instant-noodles, it isn't healthy. And boring.
No. 182751
[x] Go into 'Town' and buy some groceries. You don't really have anything apart from instant-noodles in the cupboards right now.
No. 182753
[X] Go into 'Town' and buy some groceries. You don't really have anything apart from instant-noodles in the cupboards right now.
No. 182757
[X] Take a walk in the woods. All this green is still pretty amazing to a city boy like you.
No. 182758
[X] Take a walk in the woods. All this green is still pretty amazing to a city boy like you.

Sightseeing, etc.
No. 182794
Right then, looks like you guys are going shopping.

While I'm writing, do you want the Postman to have a name, or just to be a faceless Protagonist?

[ ] Stay Anonymous, faceless and featureless.
[ ] Gain a Name, and along with it the perils of identity.
- [ ] Yubinya Tegami.
- [ ] Yamada Shiro.
- [ ] Takeda Mizuchi.
- [ ] Perhaps something else...?
No. 182795
File 141589150834.jpg - (251.45KB, 640x981, Jubilex.jpg) [iqdb]
182795
[ ] Stay Anonymous, faceless and featureless.
Glory be to the unknowable god, the ignorance given strength, the end of perception
No. 182797
[X] Gain a Name, and along with it the perils of identity.
-The Courier

Yeah let's go with just a title as a name.
No. 182802
[X] Gain a Name, and along with it the perils of identity.
-[X]Mister Torgue High-five Flexington

Mister Torgue being his first name, of course. If we're going to have a Fallout:NV reference, I might as well throw in a Borderlands 2 one as well!
No. 182804
[X] Adam Jensen

We didn't ask for this...
No. 182810
[x] Stay Anonymous, faceless and featureless.
No. 182811
>>182802
Changing vote.

[X] Gain a Name, and along with it the perils of identity.
-[X]The Courier
No. 182814
[X] Gain a Name, and along with it the perils of identity.
-The Courier
No. 182815
Thank you people for taking my vote.
No. 182818
[X] Gain a Name, and along with it the perils of identity.
-The Courier
Though the name is cool and all.....isn't it more appropriate to have the title 'The Postman' ?
No. 182819
[X] Gain a Name, and along with it the perils of identity.
-The Postman

I mean, we already have another Courier in this same board, so...
No. 182821
>>182814
Changing vote, The Postman is just so underwhelming a title it must be ours to make respectable

[X] Gain a Name, and along with it the perils of identity.
-The Postman
No. 182823
>>182811

Changing vote again.

[X]The Postman
No. 182827
[X] Gain a name
- [X] The Postman
- - [X] CAPTAIN The Postman.

If we're doing this, we're doing this right!
No. 182830
[X] Gain a name
- [X] The Postman
No. 182833
>>182795
Changing from this

To this
>>182827
No. 182834
[X] Gain a Name, and along with it the perils of identity.
-The Courier
No. 182841
File 141609896056.jpg - (28.91KB, 360x235, postmanpat and his black and white cat.jpg) [iqdb]
182841
>>182794
[ ] Gain a Name, and along with it the perils of identity

Postman Pat, we have a black and white cat
No. 182867
[X] Gain a name
- [X] The Postman
No. 182944
File 141649295367.jpg - (287.56KB, 1200x1600, touhou3.jpg) [iqdb]
182944
... I sort of meant a 'name' kind of name.

The kind parents would give their children. I mean, a nickname is fine for casual interaction, but for actual characterization purposes knowing whether or not you guys just want to be 'Anon' or have a name and implied back story from that kind of affect how and what I'm going to write.
No. 182946
>>182944

Don't include the write-in choice if you aren't willing to work with a write-in.

So now it looks like there's a tie amongst Pat, Adam Jensen, and Mister Torgue High-five Flexington. Should we vote for one of these?
No. 182947
File 141649674595.jpg - (736.63KB, 982x1440, touhou8.jpg) [iqdb]
182947
>>182946

I'm sorry, maybe I should've been more specific.

The write-ins for names are mostly decent. I might not particularly like Torgue, but it's acceptable. But it's the people who put down just 'Courier' or 'Postman' that I want to clarify the vote for. Those are titles. Not the worst ones as things go, but I wanted names. You would've been called that if you were to have decided to remain nameless/faceless.

Anyway, you're free to vote however you like. I just want to be as transparent as possible about this.
No. 182955
Waitwaitwait...

... you're telling me 'The' isn't a normal first name? And 'Postman' and 'Courier' aren't family names?

...
...
... I might be a bit before I next vote, I think I need to get my name changed...
No. 182956
>>182955
Dunno about Postman, but Courier certainly is.

...

[X] Thelonious Courier
No. 182958
>>182956

I like it.

[X] Thelonious Courier
No. 182974
>>182956

Works for me!

[X] Thelonious Courier

Hard to spell name, ho! I wonder if Eirin or Reisen will say it completely wrong, like medical staff are wont to do? ...Then again, I don't think many people would get it right on a first attempt.
No. 182980
File 141660328058.jpg - (28.57KB, 500x786, jap mail shamfur dispray.jpg) [iqdb]
182980
>>182841
Changing my vote in lieu of news.

[ ] Stay Anonymous, faceless and featureless.

just known as the title of The Courier/Postman
No. 182983
[x] Stay Anonymous, faceless and featureless.
No. 182994
[X] Thelonious Courier
Courier by name and Postman by profession, what's not to like?
No. 183152
[X] Stay Anonymous, faceless and featureless.
No. 186649
File 144969581321.jpg - (110.91KB, 1131x1600, Postman-pat-1.jpg) [iqdb]
186649
touhou was arrested by the postman pat police
No. 186650
[X] Gain a Name, and along with it the perils of identity.
-[X] Akari Yokohama
No. 186651
>>186649
>>186650

CHECK THE POST DATES YOU NIGGERS THIS THING'S A YEAR OLD
No. 186656
>>186651
#REKT


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x