[Return]
Archived Thread

File 140143236761.jpg - (126.14KB , 600x600 , Travelling-Warrior-ryoga-hibiki-26024194-600-600.jpg ) [iqdb]
179993 No. 179993
Your name is Ryoga Hibiki, and you'e fairly certain you're lost.

Not absolutely sure, though; just fairly certain you are. Yeah, that's right, you think, as you turn left off the main street of Osaka to find yourself in Hiroshima. If you are lost, it's probably Ranma's fault, though. Still, you suppose it couldn't hurt asking someone for directions.

Turning to the nearest person, you tap her on the shoulder. She's wearing an ornate dress as well as a well-made hat, and has a parasol, her long blonde hair flowing down her back. "Excuse me miss, but would you please tell me the fastest way to the Tendo Dojo?

She turns towards you, showing her youngish features, and her violet eyes, which then light up from the site of you. "Oh, it's you~!" She giggles, putting her hand over her mouth. "Yes, I do know the way back, but are you certain you don't want to go to a more... special place~? Like my home maybe~?"

You blush slightly. "Uh, no thanks, ma'am; I-I already have a girlfriend, and-"

She laughs. "Not like that, silly~! But oh well, I suppose I'd have to put you there anyway!" And with that, she turns around, and begins to stroll off.

You blink. That was... confusing. "Hey, ma'am, what did you-"

Eyes.

Hundreds of them.

In places they shouldn't be, and yet are.

The blissfulness of unconsciousness overtakes you before you can feel anything else.

[] Red and white.
[] Darkness.
[] Red Ceiling.
[] Bamboo stalks.

No. 179994
[X] Red Ceiling.

>not having Ryoga simply take a wrong turn into Gensokyo

YOU HAD
ONE
JOB
No. 179995
[x] Bamboo stalks.
DOUBLE LOST
No. 179997
[x] Bamboo stalks.

>>179994

Agreed, you've wasted an opportunity OP.
No. 180000
[x] Bamboo stalks

Can't get much more lost than this. Oh wait-
No. 180002
[x] Bamboo stalks.

>>179994
>>179997
I don't know...maybe this is just me, but it seems like lazy writing to just have him take a wrong turn into Gensokyo.
No. 180003
[x] Bamboo stalks
No. 180007
>>180002
Sometimes, in crossovers, you take the way of crossing over from the other side. That is, the non-2hu side. There are only so many ways to use the mechanics of Touhou to get someone into Gensokyo, after all, and variety is the spice of life.

And really, is "Ryoga got lost (yet again) and ended up in Gensokyo" any more lazy than "Ryoga got gap'd by Yukari and ended up in Gensokyo"? Both are the hallmark of lazy authors, but at least the Ranma ½ fandom doesn't show up that often on THP.
No. 180009
>>180002
It's Ryouga.

[x] Bamboo stalks.
No. 180011
[X] Bamboo stalks.
No. 180023
[x] Darkness.
No. 180024
[X] Bamboo stalks.
No. 180033
Slowly, you find yourself returning to consciousness. "Ugh..." you mutter. The last thing you remember is talking to that woman and then oh god the eyes.

Your eyes shoot open, and you sit straight up. What just happened? Did that woman have something to do with that? And why do you feel like you just fell off of Mount Fuji again?

Then, you actually notice your surroundings. You're surrounded by bamboo stalks, as well as several bushes.

It's not like Jusenkyo; there are no springs anywhere, at least as far as you can see. Just bamboo. And bunnies.

A lot of bunnies.

In fact, there are so many bunnies it's kind of ridiculous, how many bunnies there are.

Standing up, you sigh. This definitely looks like no bamboo forest you've been before, and you've been to a lot of them. Absentmindedly, you pick up a rock, and throw it off into the distance.

It goes flying off into the sky, likely not to return. You sigh. Well, you ought to ask anyone around here if they know where to go.

Looking around, aside from the bunnies, you see nearly no-one. Well, you say nearly because through those trees, with your ki-enhanced senses, you can see someone your age with long silver hair and really baggy pants with their back turned, and what appears to be a reddish-haired girl with red eyes.

Then, you hear a scream from the direction you threw the rock, before it's cut off a few seconds later. Your head snaps towards that way, and you see a black dot high up falling out of the sky.

What do you do?

[] Maybe you should ask for directions. Go ask...
-[] That red-haired woman who has red eyes.
-[] The person that looks around your age.

[] Screw directions! You need to save that falling person!
No. 180034
[x] Screw directions! You need to save that falling person!

Gotta save the person!
No. 180038
[x] Screw directions! You need to save that falling person!

>>180007
>>180009
On one hand,
>And really, is "Ryoga got lost (yet again) and ended up in Gensokyo" any more lazy than "Ryoga got gap'd by Yukari and ended up in Gensokyo"? Both are the hallmark of lazy authors, but at least the Ranma ½ fandom doesn't show up that often on THP.
Point taken.
On the other hand...maybe this is just me, but I think that if Ryoga could just take a wrong turn into Gensokyo, he'd end up in and out of Gensokyo every time the wind blows.
No. 180039
[X] That person with the red hair...is it Ranma?
-[X] Ranma, because of you, I've seen hell! Prepare to die!
No. 180041
[x] Screw directions! You need to save that falling person!
Oh you
No. 180044
[X] That person with the red hair...is it Ranma?
-[X] Ranma, because of you, I've seen hell! Prepare to die!
No. 180045
>>180002
I think you underestimate Ryoga's ability to get lost.
No. 180047
[X] That person with the red hair...is it Ranma?
-[X] Ranma, because of you, I've seen hell! Prepare to die!
No. 180049
[x]That person with the red hair...is it Ranma?
-[x]Ranma, because of you, I've seen hell! Prepare to die!
No. 180052
[x] Screw directions! You need to save that falling person!
No. 180054
[x] Screw directions! You need to save that falling person!

For all his problems, Ryoga is pretty chivalrous actually.
No. 180060
>>180054
plus if its direct line of sight it significantly lowers his chances of getting lost on the way.
No. 180085
>>180038
Nah. If he can take a wrong turn into anywhere, he's very unlikely to take a wrong turn into any specific place.
No. 180250
[x] Screw directions! You need to save that falling person!

>>180085

Ryouga's ability to get lost pretty much functions according to the needs of The Plot; there is little other real pattern or consistency.

Sometimes it'll send him rambling up and down the countryside, despite trying to find a certain place, other times it'll ensure he can't *leave* a place the plot needs him to be, despite him trying his best to leave and go anywhere else.
No. 180251
[] Screw directions! You need to save that falling person!
No. 180290
For a few seconds, you think that the red-headed girl might be Ranma,, but then you dismiss it as ridiculous. After all, Ranma doesn’t have red eyes, and besides, those aren’t the clothes and/or hairstyle that Ranma has! Shaking your head, you begin to run.

Now, normally by now, you would be noticing how everything looks so confusing, and losing yourself, but somehow, you’re managing to find your way through the forest with no interruptions. It’s fairly convenient, you have to admit. But now’s not the time to be making observations; now is the time to save someone!

Charging forward through the forest, you look up to the sky. The black dot is approaching the ground even quicker, and you need to get there now so they don’t hit the ground! Steeling your limbs, you allow Ki to run into them, and – whoa. This is a lot less draining than normal, for some reason; the air feels positively saturated with Ki. Anyway, you sprint towards the place where you predict the person is, and suddenly stop.

You find yourself in a clearing, a few metres across, and the dot is more pronounced now. Your eyes, sharp as they are, can finally see what the person looks like; it’s obviously a girl. You crouch, and push off the ground, the ground cratering from the sheer force of your jump, and you yourself are sent up to mid-air. Holding your arms out, you brace yourself, and catch the falling girl, bridal style. Then, you hit the ground in the same clearing. They appear to be wearing…

[] …black and white clothes with a dress, along with a witch’s hat and long blonde hair.
[] …red and white shrine maiden clothes, with a hair bow and long brown hair.
[] …shoulder-length blue hair, and a blue and white dress with a blue bow and small wings, and appear to be a child.
[] …long green hair, with a frog hair pin and a shrine maiden uniform of blue and white.
No. 180294
It's time to play matchmaker game... Who would be the perfect fit for Ryoga?

Reimu's to dull... Sanae's to cute. Cirno will just be a rival...

[X] …black and white clothes with a dress, along with a witch’s hat and long blonde hair.
No. 180300
[x] …long green hair, with a frog hair pin and a shrine maiden uniform of blue and white.

>>180294
> It's time to play matchmaker game... Who would be the perfect fit for Ryoga?

This is Ryoga, not Ranma. Besides, we all know Ryouga's already routelocked for Kogasa.
No. 180301
>>180300

the option you voted isn't Kogasa, but Sanae. Still.....

Nah, Ryoga isn't one for pranks. He dislikes trickery, in fact. Sides, it's not Ryoga without his metal umbrella. Kogasa shouldn't replace that character trait.
No. 180302
[x] …long green hair, with a frog hair pin and a shrine maiden uniform of blue and white.

Since she shows up the least of the four in general.
No. 180303
[x] …long green hair, with a frog hair pin and a shrine maiden uniform of blue and white.
No. 180344
[X …long green hair, with a frog hair pin and a shrine maiden uniform of blue and white.

>>180300
I thought Ryoga was routelocked for one of Ranma's fiances, the one who is crap at cooking and keeps Ryoga as a pet when he's in his pig form?
No. 180365
[] …black and white clothes with a dress, along with a witch’s hat and long blonde hair.


>>180344
Akane. Yes, pretty much.
I think this is more like "who do you want to stay with during your visit in Gensokyo"?
Therefore I'm voting Marisa, I think they could have some interesting chemistry between them.
No. 180367
>>180344
>>180365
Oh come on. One guy I can ignore, but two?
You've seen how Akane reacts to Ranma, canon pairing aside, Akane wouldn't be a good person to Ryoga after finding out his secret.

She has no patience, no understanding, Ryoga X Akane has no way of working out.

Ryoga is route locked for Akari though. A girl, patient, understanding, and has a fetish for your curse form? Sold.

But as sweet as Akari is, if Ryoga's here, let's go Marissa. Like I said, Sanae's to cute. He'll get all flustered and stuff.
No. 180370
[x] …long green hair, with a frog hair pin and a shrine maiden uniform of blue and white.
No. 180373
[X] …black and white clothes with a dress, along with a witch’s hat and long blonde hair.
No. 180375
>>180367
What if Sanae here has the sorta-overly excitable otaku thing going on? Would she still be too cute for him or would her personality put him more at ease?
No. 180377
>>180375
Depends on what degree her otaku-ness is.

It could easily go either way.
No. 180398
[X] …shoulder-length blue hair, and a blue and white dress with a blue bow and small wings, and appear to be a child.

We need more Cirno. There's not enough Cirno. Cirno protects!
No. 180422
[x] …long green hair, with a frog hair pin and a shrine maiden uniform of blue and white.
No. 180441
Yeah, that's right, she has long green hair, a blue and white Miko uniform, and a frog pin in her hair. She also has an adorable face, although not as nice as Akari's, you note as a blush lights up your face-

GAH! You realise that what you're doing would look... wrong to some person who just stumbled along you. After all, you're holding a green-haired stranger in your arms, and blushing. Quickly, you place the girl onto the ground, and step back a bit. After you've dome, you sigh in relief, and sit down, waiting for her to come to.

A few seconds later, she seems to stir, saying something along the lines of "mrhmernmeh", which is what one typically says when waking up. You approach cautiously.

"...Miss? Are you alright?" you ask.

Her eyes slowly open. She blinks, once, then twice. "Uh, miss?" you ask.

"...I fall from the sky after being hit by a rock while flying and then wake up with a handsome boy nearby? This is like the plot of a stupid romance story that doesn't have any action or plot..." she grumbles. Then she looks at you. And blinks. "Oh, wait, a boy? Lost in Gensokyo? Don't see that happening every day! So, who're you, and what just happened?"

Well, crap. You seem to have managed to somehow get yourself into a corner. You take a deep breath, then say...

[] "I can explain."
[] "I threw a rock at the sky and it accidentally hit you and I'm sorry I didn't mean to hit you!"
[] "Uh, what's Gensokyo?"
No. 180443
[X] "Uh, what's Gensokyo?"
-[X] "And is it anywhere close to Nerima? Or am I in Africa again?"
No. 180445
>Ryoga Hibiki
Who?
No. 180446
[x] "Uh, what's Gensokyo?"
No. 180447
[X] "Uh, what's Gensokyo?"
-[X] "And is it anywhere close to Nerima? Or am I in Africa again?"
No. 180448
[X] "Uh, what's Gensokyo?"
-[X] "And is it anywhere close to Nerima? Or am I in Africa again?"
No. 180449
[x] "Uh, what's Gensokyo?"
- [x] "Am I lost again?"

>>180445
Ryoga Hibiki is from Ranma 1/2.

Sidenote: We know Sanae is anime-aware. Ryoga is a character from anime. A pretty old anime, in fact. I wonder if Sanae watched Ranma 1/2...
No. 180450
[X] "Uh, what's Gensokyo?"
-[X] "And is it anywhere close to Nerima? Or am I in Africa again?"

Riding this train like we got a 50-ton shipment of fine ore to deliver.
No. 180453
>>180449

Ryoga doesn't necessarily have to be fictional here you know.
No. 180459
Sanae didn't seem to recognize him, so probably not. (remember to sage in email to sage post)

Fun activity: We should come up with names for Ryoga's spellcards.
Here's one.

Lost sign: Homing Headbands.
No. 180461
Curse sign: Get away that water from me!
No. 180474
[X] "Uh, what's Gensokyo?"
-[X] "And is it anywhere close to Nerima? Or am I in Africa again?"
No. 180489
"...Uh, what's Gensokyo?" you ask, deflecting the question. "And is it anywhere near Nerima? Or am I in Africa again?"

The girl blinks, and a confused look appears on her face. "What? Why would you think you're in Africa?" She shakes her head. "Never mind. But since you asked, yes, Gensokyo is near Nerima. It's the place where magical beings live, like Youkai, Evil Spirits, Oni, Tengu, and all those. Nerima is right next to the border." Oh, so that's why there are so many weird creatures in Nerima. You always wondered that. Then, she blinks, and grins. "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself again, didn't I?" Then, she takes a deep breath, and begins... posing like Sailor Moon? Gods, she even did the wink! "I'm the Pretty Living God Kochiya Sanae, and I've been 16 years old for 7 years! Nice to meet you!" she says.

You nod, trying to fig. "Oh, so like that Asura girl?" She looks at you a bit confused, so you explain. "A girl a..." you think of how to refer to Ranma for a second, before deciding on "friend of mine met who had fallen into a spring that turned her into an Asura."

"Oooh." She nods. "That makes sense- Wait a second. Are you saying you're not really new to magic?" You nod. She blinks. "Huh. Strange, I thought not many people knew about magic."

You blink yourself. So, this girl doesn't know about the Great Magical War of the 19th century? Huh. "I thought everyone knew about magic," you say. "After all, didn't they teach you about the Great Magic War in school?"

She looks at you weirdly, then shakes her head "Never mind... So, what's your name?" she asks, leaning in uncomfortably close with an adorably cute curious look on her face no no don't think about it you need to stay faithful to Akari!

[] Fight back a blush and say "I'm Ryoga Hibiki, 16 for 27 years."
[] Step back, and repeat "Gah!" several times.
[] Summon up your courage, and say "I'm Ryoga Hibiki, a martial artist!"
No. 180490
>>Great magic war
>>Ryoga knowing about Sailor Moon.

I... Uh.. What?

[X] Step back, and repeat "Gah!" several times.
No. 180491
[x] Fight back a blush and say "I'm Ryoga Hibiki, 16 for 27 years."

Together we will fix this aging problem
No. 180492
>>180490
Ranma 1/2 is set in a world where Magic is taken for granted. So I decided that I would add a bit to the backstory to go for it.

Also, Sailor Moon is pretty famous; not many Japanese people wouldn't have heard of it.
No. 180493
[X] Blush and say "I'm Ryoga Hibiki, 16 for 27 years."
No. 180495
[X] Fight back a blush and say "I'm Ryoga Hibiki, 16 for 27 years."
No. 180498
[x] Summon up your courage, and say "I'm Ryoga Hibiki, a martial artist!"
No. 180500
[X] Step back, and repeat "Gah!" several times.

>Great Magical War of the 19th century

I wonder if the Hindu's universe destroying weapon stash was involved...
No. 180502
[x] Summon up your courage, and say "I'm Ryoga Hibiki, a martial artist!"
No. 180507
[x] Fight back a blush and say "I'm Ryoga Hibiki, 16 for 27 years."
No. 180508
[x] Fight back a blush and say "I'm Ryoga Hibiki, 16 for 27 years."

Beat her at the age game.
No. 180509
Rereading the "Great Magical War" part, I almost wonder if Ryoga is in another universe or timeline, because you'd think such an event would be familiar to Sanae if it was taught in schools.
No. 180510
[x] Fight back a blush and say "I'm Ryoga Hibiki, 16 for 27 years."
No. 180513
[X] Fight back a blush and say "I'm Ryoga Hibiki, 16 for 27 years."
-[X] "Just joking. I have better things to do than try to become immortal. Probably would turn into a prune, too- seems to happen a lot to people who live too long.
--[X] Well, except phoenixes, but that's playing with fire.
No. 180514
>>180513
No. 180515
>>180513
Well, that thing is a reference to the fact that Ranma characters never grew up during the manga run.
No. 180516
[X] Summon up your courage, and say "I'm Ryoga Hibiki, a martial artist!"
No. 180651
[X] Summon up your courage, and say "I'm Ryoga Hibiki, a martial artist!"

I kinda want to see Ryoga get into a spar/"friendly fist fight" with some of the heavier punchers in Gensokyo later (oni or Meiling, probably) just to see their reaction when he tanks a serious hit as if it was nothing, since he's so far beyond human toughness that it's just silly.
No. 180652
>>180651
Don't worry, that'll happen.

Also, an update will come sometime soon in the future.
No. 180657
>>180652
At least it is not seven minutes.