[Return]
Archived Thread

File 137185248190.jpg - (172.43KB , 850x1361 , sample-a69e375806bd9d7dfb04a4dba0371df0.jpg ) [iqdb]
170223 No. 170223
You awaken for the first time absolutely freezing. You’re shaking so hard it affects your vision. Your entire body is bare, except for your feet. When you look, you see a pair of white figure skates. Somehow, you know these are your “item”, or rather, the forgotten object that created you. You look around, taking in the fact that you’re lying down and combining it with the fact that your back and butt are colder than the rest of your body to figure out that you’re lying on ice. You try to push yourself up, but the ice is slippery and you can’t get a grip. It takes multiple tries, but eventually you manage to sit up and pull your body close. The sound your skates make when they slide across the ice makes your heart flutter slightly, though you have no idea as to why.

Still looking around, you see a small girl with blue hair and a blue and six wings made from ice sleeping not too far from you. She looks peaceful, strangely enough, and she’s not shivering like you are. You carefully shift onto your hands and knees, trying not to slip and fall on your stomach. You crawl carefully towards the girl, curious about her. Once again, the sound of your skates sliding along the ice allows you to ignore the growing chill as you approach the girl. You carefully raise one hand to poke the girl, but the ice is too slippery for you to support yourself with one hand alone. With a noisy yelp, you fall onto the ice, though surprisingly, the girl only stirs and rolls over, muttering something about fairies destroying her home and revenge.

Grumbling about the chill, you push yourself up again and this time, manage to successfully poke the girl, who startles awake and floats up into the air with a short scream. You yourself scream in surprise and quickly fall backwards. The girl gasps a couple times to catch her breath then puts her hands on her hips and stares at you indignantly.

“How dare you sneak up on the Strongest!” she shouts in frustration. You think you can spot a tear in one of her eyes, but you’re not sure. You’re still freezing, and you have a couple questions you’d like to ask her.

What question do you want to ask first? One choice per voter!

[]”Where are we?”
[]”Which way is the shore?”
[]”Who are you?”
[]”Why is it so cold?”


No. 170224
[x]”Where are we?”
No. 170225
So we're a Tsukumogami, then? Interesting
No. 170226
[x]”Where are we?”

Hm. Interesting.
No. 170229
[X] "Where are we?"

You won't know where to go until you know where you are
No. 170232
[X] Where are we?

Looks neat.
No. 170235
[X] "Where are we?"

Tell us about yourself OP.
No. 170244
[]”Who are you?”

We must have the strongest fairy introduce her self.
No. 170249
>>170223
[x]”Who are you?”
I always thought Tsukumogamis weren't touched upon enough in Touhou fan works, so far as original characters go. There's a lot of potential there, I think.
No. 170251
[x] Why is it so cold?
No. 170317
[X]”Which way is the shore?”
No. 170318
>>170249
Toastergami
No. 170330
[]”Who are you?”
>>170249
Roukanken and Hakurouken in Modern Artifacts were that, weren't they. There's plenty of room for originality here. I'm interested.
No. 170335
Oh great, yet another Cirno story.
No. 170336
File 137197301637.png - (46.15KB , 317x266 , c3.png ) [iqdb]
170336
>>170335
No. 170341
[X]”Who are you?”

>>170335
Funny, I can't name even one Cirno story. She appears plenty as the obligatory little sister, but I've never actually seen a story where she actually mattered.
No. 170343
>>170341
Meh, this story still has the usual Cirno so far. Nothing special at all.
No. 170344
>>170343
Are you the same guy from >>/gensokyo/11263, by any chance?
No. 170424
[X]”Where are we?”
Sounds like a good question to ask when you wake up on ice and you barely even know who you are.

>>170343
How can you tell that it's "the usual Cirno" before anything has actually happened? She's had ONE line, and while it did have her classic inflated ego line of calling herself "THE STRONGEST!", it's not as if you can tell everything about her just from that.
Besides, who or what would Cirno be other than, you know, CIRNO?
No. 170545
[X]”Who are you?”
No. 170558
>>170341
>She appears plenty as the obligatory little sister, but I've never actually seen a story where she actually mattered.

Being Meiling had a Cirno who was a little sister, but kicked a hell of a lot of ass as a AGENT OF JUSTICE.
No. 170559
>>170424
>How can you tell that it's "the usual Cirno" before anything has actually happened? She's had ONE line, and while it did have her classic inflated ego line of calling herself "THE STRONGEST!", it's not as if you can tell everything about her just from that.

First impression is important.

>Besides, who or what would Cirno be other than, you know, CIRNO?

Haven't seen an interesting Cirno all this time.
No. 170856
File 137284399597.jpg - (151.98KB , 850x850 , sample-87641be3381bc585f64854516ad6b7a0.jpg ) [iqdb]
170856
After mulling it over for a moment, you eventually decide on asking about your location, although you're stuttering and shivering so badly you wonder if you're even able to be understood. Thankfully, you don't have to repeat yourself as the girl responds.

"Here?" she asks, confused. "'Here' is the middle of Misty Lake, Gensokyo. My favorite napping spot." She says all this as if it should be the most obvious thing in the world, much to your slight irritation. You ask which way leads off of the ice, clenching your teeth so they don't chatter as much, and follow the girl's finger when she points back the way you came.

You sigh and struggle to stand up so you can get going, but having never stood before, your legs are wobbly. The narrowness of your skate blades doesn't help, either, and it's not long before your efforts to stand fail completely, landing you harshly on your butt. The girl, amused, giggles at your expense.

"I coulda told ya that wasn't gonna work!" she remarks between giggle fits. "You're a newborn, ain'tcha?"

"N-newb-b-born w-what?" you stammer out, wondering what the girl is talking about.

"A newborn Youkai," the girl explains. "Ya can't walk ‘cause you ain't ever done it before." You fume silently at your own ineptitude. How can this girl know more about you than you do? You wordlessly turn around and start crawling in the direction that the girl pointed out, using your skates to push yourself along. The girl isn't willing to be left behind, though, flying alongside and matching your pace.

”I can help, if you want me to,” she says, though this only serves to irritate you further. After a few more minutes of crawling and being followed by the fairy, you begrudgingly give in to her offer to help. She slips her frigid hands under your bare shoulders and starts to drag you across the ice. While she’s dragging you, you lay your skate boots flat against the ice, so the toe picks don’t snag and trip you both up.

“So, ya got a name, Newborn?” the girl asks suddenly. You rack your memory for any kind of name, but only one comes to mind, so that’s the one you give. “Arimei, huh? Pretty name for a pretty Youkai.” You blush softly at being called pretty, but say nothing as the girl drags you along the ice towards the shore.

What’s gonna happen next? One choice per person!

[]A wild loup-garou appears!
[]Meet the little mermaid princess!
[]Luminous fairies all over the place!
[]Write-in

No. 170860
[X]Luminous fairies all over the place!

You can never go wrong with more fairies.
No. 170862
[x]Luminous fairies all over the place!

mmm, kinda want to write in Kogasa for some strange reason seeing it's a surprise encounter and all that, meh.
No. 170867
>mmm, kinda want to write in Kogasa for some strange reason seeing it's a surprise encounter and all that, meh.

Why not? Or maybe the Toastermogami that just escaped from /forest/.
No. 170869
File 137285815237.jpg - (81.60KB , 850x478 , sample-5ecc8b13ea8de42e27e5875eb0a69c8b.jpg ) [iqdb]
170869
>mfw no Sekibanki

[x]A wild loup-garou appears!
No. 170874
[x]Luminous fairies all over the place!

Because I like fairies.
No. 170897
[X]Luminous fairies all over the place!
No. 170980
[x] A wild loup-garou appears!
Seriously, we need a Kagerou.
No. 171194
[x]A wild loup-garou appears!
No. 172342
File 137493877014.jpg - (135.07KB , 620x620 , Peachmelba_full_568761.jpg ) [iqdb]
172342
>>170862
I feel a little ridiculous at this point, but why not.
[x] SURPRISE!
No. 172344
[X]Luminous fairies all over the place!
No. 172349
A good idea deserving of backup

[x] SURPRISE!