[Return]
Archived Thread

File 135742566565.jpg - (107.44KB , 600x486 , Ghostfence_by_1ndajone5.jpg ) [iqdb]
164152 No. 164152
So hello there. Yeh yeh, another bright eyed writer has had and idea that he reckons is not too bad and wants to share it. So welcome and all that, and I hope this at least entertains, even if it isn't considered a masterful piece of fiction.

------

The day has finally arrived. Humanity's first proper teleporter is about to be tested on humans. Plants, inorganic materials and even animals have been sent through, and the major hiccups have been sorted out. Which is fortunate for you, as you happen to be the test subject. Sucks to draw the short straw.

"Now, remember, we're sure it's safe." Doctor Fujikawa says cheerfully, as your team run through the final checks. 10 long years they've been working on this... and you transferred in a few months ago. You have been getting the feeling you're viewed as somewhat... disposable.

"You're sure about that? You said the same thing before we sent that dog through, remember how that turned out?" You reply, slightly irritably.

"Oh don't worry about that." he retorts, moving behind his console. "We've whacked that particular bug on the head. The odds of that happening again are down 80%!"

Wait, what? Only 80 frigging percent? "You mean there's still a one in five chance I could-!" You yell, getting cut off as the teleporter pod door slams shut. "Well fan-fucking-tastic..." You mutter to yourself, listening through the one way intercom as they run through the final checklists. On the brightside, at least the odds are in your favour, even if not as much as you'd like...

"We're getting strange power fluctuations! Readings are going haywire!"

Oh no.

"Abort the test!" Fujikawa yells.

"We can't!" the bringer of bad news cries back. "The pattern's already being sent! Losing h-!"

"Oh Mother-"

White. Total white. Strange that... are you dead? Well... you still seem to be thinking. Cogito Ergo Sum and all, then. Doesn't rule out being dead exactly, though you guess.

The white begins to fade from your eyes, and you look around... not seeing the Lab, or the recieving telepod, but instead a vast expanse of rolling green fields.

Oh brilliant, you've been teleported into the countryside. You pull out your mobile phone to contact the lab, let them know you're in one piece and get them to arrange a pickup...

Huh. No signal. Odd. Not even emergancy calls or GPS. Looks like you'll have to find a landline or something.

You take stock of your situation. You are [Insert Name here], a 22 year old [Insert Gender here.] You are presently wearing a labcoat with a T-shirt and jeans underneath.

In your possession, you have a Mobile Phone (No signal), some keys of varying utility, a wallet with some cash and cards, and a pocket knife.

Additionally you have one of the following:
[]One Laser Pistol (Currently at half charge with 6 shots left)
[]One (Very prototype) Emergancy Teleporter
[]One Automedic, with enough power to restore six moderate injuries.

You can:
[]Head towards a distant lake. Might make for a useful landmark
[]Enter a nearby forest. Maybe there's a trail in there you can follow.
[]Roam the fields, looking for settlements or anything of interest.

>> No. 164154
[X]One Automedic, with enough power to restore six moderate injuries.
[X]Roam the fields, looking for settlements or anything of interest.

Welcome aboard, writefag. It's still too soon to give an opinion about this project, what with not having enough data or backstory. It does start with a slight variation of the same old "MC getting accidentaly thrown into Gensokyo" we've seen many times, but I'll give your story a chance. Let's see how MC from Schizo Tech Future fares in feudal style Gensokyo.
>> No. 164155
>>164154

Heh... Thanks. I know it's the single biggest cliche here, but I reckon/hope I can do something at least interesting with it.

Oh, and 'cause in hindsight I probably wasn't clear... taking votes for MC name and gender too.
>> No. 164157
YWUIG is classic, there's nothing wrong with trying what we know works. Good luck.

[x] Fluorite
[x] Female
Her parents bought into a fad of naming their kids after chemicals. After ruling out RuBisCo and Benzene they settled on a brittle gem-like purple salt mineral. This fad was short lived, and abuse at the hands of many an awful child has, to this day, caused her to prefer to go by her surname, Nafnlaus.

Because I don't know how this Gensokyo is going to be portrayed, I think it'd be best if we assumed its similar to the many other YWUIG stories until proven otherwise

[x] One Teleporter, because movement speed is the most important stat when dealing with overwhelmingly powerful unknowns. The very prototype attribute just makes things all the more fun unpredictable.

The auto-doc probably isn't going to be of much use against youkai who'll, if hostile, probably either be using non-lethal force, very lethal force, or they'll be feral and not inclined to give you a chance to heal at all. Also, laser is not difficult.

[x] Go to the lake.
>> No. 164160
>>164157
If we're naming the MC after chemicals, I would suggest a male who calls himself Ethan (short for Ethanol). Suika will find out about this and deem it hilarious.

Other than that,
[X] Teleporter, if it can be used continually as >>164157 suggests, and
[X] Enter a nearby forest.
>> No. 164161
[X] Female (Cause we have to many males recently)
[X]Fluore (after Fluorite)

[X]One (Very prototype) Emergency Teleporter
[X]Roam the fields, looking for settlements or anything of interest.

Your title of this story is aptly named based on the situation that got it there.

"Mysterious and Impenetrable Barrier"
>> No. 164162
Actually, I'm assuming its a single use rechargeable. A mulligan in case of bad ends, not something to be used with any sort of regularity.

Actually, writefag should clarify the tool's abilities, since presumably, we'd be familiar in their use (a half charged laser implies we've used it before), and have a passing technical understanding of them.
>> No. 164163
[X] Male
[X] Ethan (short for Ethanol)

>>164160 has the right idea if we're doing names based off chemicals

[X]One (Very prototype) Emergency Teleporter
[X]Roam the fields, looking for settlements or anything of interest.

Lets see who we will meet here.
>> No. 164164
[x] Fluorite
[x] Female

[X]One (Very prototype) Emergency Teleporter
[X]Roam the fields, looking for settlements or anything of interest.

Too early to say anything about the story.
>> No. 164166
[X]Female
[X]Fluore (short for Fluorite)

[X]One (Very prototype) Emergency Teleporter
[X]Roam the fields, looking for settlements or anything of interest.

>>164161

Actually, it's a pretty shitty title seeing as the barrier got penetrated in the first update. Just saying.
>> No. 164167
[X] Male
[X] Ethan (short for Ethanol)

[x]One (Very prototype) Emergancy Teleporter
[x]Roam the fields, looking for settlements or anything of interest.
>> No. 164168
[X] Male
[X] Ethan (short for Ethanol)

[x]One (Very prototype) Emergency Teleporter
[x]Roam the fields, looking for settlements or anything of interest.

Like the Ghostgate of Morrowind, I will not be satisfied until the horrors within send me running for my life into something even worse.
>> No. 164169
>>164162

You have a point there.

The Laser pistol is your standard "Point business end at target, pull trigger, and beam of focused light travels to whatever you're shooting at at lightspeed." Undodgeable, as far as you know, but the effect on your average Gensokyon is unknown. It would quite easily kill a human though, for example.

The Emergency Teleporter... well, that's what the label /says/ it is. As far as you're aware, it's never been tested or used, so... who knows what happens when you press that button? Techguys say it has enough charge for one use a day, after which it'll recharge for 24 hours.

The Automedic essentially operates by injecting nanites capable of treating most mild to moderate injuries. You won't be growing back any major organs with it, but they're capable of mending the less severe bone breakages, as well as knit wounds and remove toxins/poisons. Effect on non-human physiology is unknown.


Hope that helps.
>> No. 164170
Oh, and I should further mention that the opportunity to recharge the limited use items may appear later on, depending on how things play out.
>> No. 164171
[x] Fluorite
[x] Female

[x]One Laser Pistol (Currently at half charge with 6 shots left)
[X]Roam the fields, looking for settlements or anything of interest.
>> No. 164173
>>164169
How far does the techie say the 'porter can take us?

And presumably they'd have tested the nanites on animals? Perhaps some plantlife as well? No? Well, if not, then never mind. Perhaps we just don't know. We seem to be at the bottom of the totem pole for these sort of things, don't we?
>> No. 164174
[X] Male
[X] Ethan (short for Ethanol)

[X]One Automedic, with enough power to restore six moderate injuries.
[X]Enter a nearby forest. Maybe there's a trail in there you can follow.
>> No. 164175
[x] Male
[X] Ethan(ol) Hunt(er)
or
[X] Female
[X] Ethan(ol)a Hunt(er)

[X]One Automedic, with enough power to restore six moderate injuries.

Why not go the full way and make us an alcoholic while we are at it? S/he sounds like s/he could need it with being the expendable resource in the lab. The automedic is required for the chronic alcohol poisoning.

Sage for bad puns.
>> No. 164179
Alrighty. Seeing as voting seems to have died down, I'll call 'em there. Expect next installment in the next 24 hours or so, with luck.
>> No. 164228
File 135757748833.jpg - (338.15KB , 1125x732 , 489e6648df20c61dbba0514676eda252.jpg ) [iqdb]
164228
[X]Ethan(ol)a Hunt
[X]Female
[X]One (Very prototype) Emergancy Teleporter
[X]Roam the fields, looking for settlements or anything of interest.
You decide to continue across the open fields, looking for signs of life. The air smells and feels surprisingly... clean, a far cry from the metropolitan psuedo-smog you're used to. A horrible feeling strikes you that you might be far further away from home than you first thought.
Pushing those thoughts out of your head for now, deeming them unhelpful at this moment in time, you continue on, begininning to find yourself actually enjoying this unexpected walk. The day's warm one, and there's just a slight breeze rustling the grass... and you're the only being around for as far as your eyes can see.
After a couple of hours of walking, finally you see a figure in the distance. A young girl, in a blue dress, skipping along happily in the field. At this point, you'll take what you can get. At the very least, she'll know the way home, and from there you can talk to her parents. Yeh. Good plan.
You run over to her, calling to get her attention. As you get closer you note the girl's blue hair...
"Shocking, the age at which parents let their children get dye jobs these days..." You think, as she turns to face you. She also seems to be wearing what look like some crystalline... wings, you suppose. Must be part of some costume.
"Hey, uh, little girl... what's your name?" you ask, shivering slightly. Huh. S'got cold all of a sudden.
The girl gives you a somewhat indignant look. "Little girl!? I am the Great Cirno! Strongest of the fairies! Strongest of /anyone,/ even!"
Oh great. She's precocious. "... Listen... Cirno... I know your parents have probably told you not to talk to strangers but... I need their help. Or any adult's help. Can you take me to them?"
The girl gives you the most honestly purplexed look you've seen. "Parents...?" she repeats, uncertainly.
"... Yes. You know... Your Mother and Father. Or... Whatever guardians you have. Any adult will do." Noting her expression hasn't changed, you plow on. "You /have/ to know your mother, surely? She gave birth to you, after all... Hasn't /anyone/ looked after you at all?"
Cirno's expression switches from perplexed back to indignant. "I don't need anyone to look after me!" She yells. "I'm the strongest there is!"
"Oh great. Here we go again..." you think. "Look. I don't /care/ about that. I need to see /some/ adult. Just give me /some/ direction, girl." You practically snarl, patience ebbing away.
The wings on the girl's back seen suddenly way less costume like as they buzz into life, lifting the girl impossibly into the air. "I think you need to be shown who's boss!" Cirno yells truimphantly, thrusting her arm forward. Something whooshes past your head and slams into the ground. Stepping back a bit, you glance down.
"An icicle...?" You ask... then duck as another flies above your head.
What. But... that... violates the laws of thermodynamics! There's no water to freeze, no method of freezing it with, the girl /certainly/ can't be freezing the moisture in the air... This observation is again challenged as a hail of icicles thud into the ground, where you would have been had you not lept out of the way at the last second. You look up at Cirno, who smiles triumphantly, raising her arms into the air. "Ice Sign! Icicle Fall!" She yells. Your look of confusion as lines of ice shoot out of her hands turns to horror as said sharp, potentially deadly icicles change direction in midair. Pointing at and around you.
"Oh shit!" You yell, turning and running, sounds of splintering ice filling your ears. Cirno laughs and whoops in delight as she gives chase. A small part of you is dimly aware that all the shots she's firing at you seem to be going wide. The majority however, is in full panic mode, as you weave left and right, screaming your head off. A couple of shards slice across your calves and back, causing you to yell in pain. Despite this, however, you appear to be gaining ground... right up until your foot goes into a rabbit hole, sending you tumbling to the ground.
Do you:
[]Get up and apologise or otherwise attempt to reason with the girl? (If choosing this option, write in what you want Ethana to say.)
[]Get up and keep running?
[]EMERGENCY TELEPORT GOOOO!
[]Other write in
>> No. 164229
Ah, crap. Linespacing didn't copy over right. Apologies about that, not entirely sure how to fix.
>> No. 164231
[x] Keep running. Find some trees for cover.
>> No. 164232
In celebration of our MC's naming, I dub her Ethanon.

[x] Run like hell, she's too nineball to listen to reason.
>> No. 164233
[x]Get up and apologise or otherwise attempt to reason with the girl?
-[x] Surrender, admit that she's the Strongest and praise her. Maybe a pretentious child like her will let us go if we play the foot-licking peasant routine.

Beta-as-fuck option, I know. Just trying for something different. Besides, as far as we know, Ethanola does not have any fighting abilities to fend Cirno - or anybody- off.

And if you screw up in formatting, linespacing or whatever, you can always delete the post by writing the password in the box at the down left corner. Assuming you filled the password box before you submitted the post, that is. If you didn't, only mods can help you then.
>> No. 164239
[x]Get up and apologise or otherwise attempt to reason with the girl?
-[x] Ask her what she will get from killing you.

If I'm correct, because Cirno declared a spell card, she is under the obligation to not kill any humans as per the Spell Card Rules in Perfect Momento. We should be safe, unless she really wants to skewer us with an icicle.
>> No. 164242
>>164233
If you have cookies enabled on your computer, you should be able to delete the post too, no?

Still, it's best to proofread before posting. You can drag the message box out to make it easier to read.
>> No. 164263
[X]EMERGENCY TELEPORT GOOOO!
This option.
It cries to me.
It says “Pick me!”
>> No. 164267
[X] GO GO GADGET EMERGENCY TELEPORT!
Only option.
>> No. 164270
[x]Get up and apologise or otherwise attempt to reason with the girl?
-[x] Surrender, admit that she's the Strongest and praise her. Maybe a pretentious child like her will let us go if we play the foot-licking peasant routine.

Yeah, let's not waste the only charge for today and risk the chance of somehow doing worse.
>> No. 164277
[X] Throw yourself at her feet to apologise to this crazy girl.
[X] Notice the safe spot of Icicle Fall -Easy-.
[X] Awkwardly stand up again and knock her unconscious.
[X] Go and find someone more reasonable to talk to.

Disregard if she is using normal or above.
>> No. 164287
[x]Get up and apologise or otherwise attempt to reason with the girl?
-[x] Surrender, admit that she's the Strongest and praise her. Maybe a pretentious child like her will let us go if we play the foot-licking peasant routine.

Cirno should be cooperative enough as long as we just appeal to her ego. Whether or not she'll actually be helpful is another matter entirely.

>>164277
Since there was no mention of the yellow projectiles I'm gonna assume Ethanola just lost to Icicle Fall ~Easy~.
>> No. 164355
Votes called. Looks like Apologising wins. Writing in progress
>> No. 164376
File 135791649237.jpg - (1.55MB , 1600x1200 , 7705a6508bde67f47ff8d1faf4a997fe.jpg ) [iqdb]
164376
[x]Get up and apologise or otherwise attempt to reason with the girl?

-[x] Surrender, admit that she's the Strongest and praise her. Maybe a pretentious child like her will let us go if we play the foot-licking peasant routine.

Realising that fleeing is no longer an option, you throw your hands up and cry out to the advancing fairy.

"Okay, okay! I give up! I'm sorry! You... you are the Strongest! I'm sorry I treated you like a kid! Oh gods, just don't kill me!"

A large grin plasters itself on Cirno's face and the stream of projectiles halts as she lands. "Hah! Sure am. Don't you forget that now!" She chirps happily, heading over towards you and giving you a look over.

"Hm... looks like I got you a couple times too... you're dressed kinda odd... Are you from around here?" she inquires, holding out a hand.

"... Depends. Where /is/ here?" you ask, taking it. She's cold but... a hell of a lot stronger than she looks, apparently, as she pulls you to your feet with ease.

"Gensokyo" Is her response. Like it's common knowledge.

"... Uh. Which province is this in?" you ask, even more lost.

"... Gensokyo" She repeats, then adopts a manner of speaking that people tend to use on thick or hard of thinking. "That's Geeenn... soooo.... kyoooo. Get it? Gensokyo. It's not that hard."

"... Yes, I heard you the first time." you grumble. "I've just never heard of the place before."

Recognition dawns on the little fairy's face. "Oh! You must be an outsider then! We get them occasionally." It is then replaced with slight horror. "... Usually because of someone's reasons... Dammit. The lake might be getting raided again soon... it takes forever to fix it up again after that."

"Umm...?" You respond, uncertainly.

"... Probably best you get to one of the shrines, for the time being..." The little fairy muses. "They tend to be sort of a neutral ground deal, so you can get sorted out there. Yeah! And if I go with you and say I found you, I might get rewarded!"

"You could also show me the way." You note. "I have... /no/ frame of reference here."

"Hah. Sure." She giggles. "Cirno! The strongest and the guidingnest!" You begin to wonder if this is actually a good idea...

A while later... Could be a few hours, maybe less, you arrive at an old fashioned Shinto shrine. You attempted to get more information about the place from Cirno, but she didn't exactly prove helpful, throwing around a lot of names and events that hold no meaning to you. Hopefully this... "Raymoo" person Cirno's currently chattering on about has more... useful answers to give you.

Approaching the shrine, you see a teenage looking girl in red and white sweeping the steps. Cirno buzzes on ahead. "Hey, Reimu!" she yells, happily, "I found an outsider!"

"Oh for... Not another one." She mutters, loud enough to hear, turning and looking at you, taking in your... presently rather dishevelled appearance. "Sheesh... What happened to you, then?"

"My... err... reception was a little... Icy." You reply, shooting Cirno a significant glance, which totally goes over her head. Reimu, on the other hand, gets your meaning.

"Count yourself lucky." She notes."Enthusiastic as Cirno can be, at least she wasn't trying to eat you. Can't say that about everyone around here."

What.

"... Sorry, there are cannibals around here?" You ask, voice shaking slightly.

"No... well... possibly. None that I've encountered. Youkai." She notes your blank look. "Demons, Spirits, that sort of thing? Some of them are friendly enough... others give me cause to have to go out and whack them around occasionally."

"Urgh... Sorry... this is a little much for me..." you groan, clutching your head. "... So... all those legends and myths... they're true? Is that what you're saying?"

Reimu considers. "... I don't know about that." She says eventually. "What I do know is that the beasties do exist, and they pretty much all live here."

That's it. You decide you've officially had enough of this place. You want out and back home, and you say as much to Reimu.

"Don't really blame you." She replies. "Okay, it's easy enough. Just walk up that path..." she points. "And you should could come to what looks like a swirly-magic wall. Just walk through and you'll be back in the outside world, no problem. Oh, and the toll charge is 2000 yen."

Grumbling, you fork over the money, then follow the indicated path. Well... that was something of an adventure. Quite enough for one lifetime, you reason. And you can't really tell anyone about what happened, they'd never believe you... You shrug as you come across the 'swirly-magic wall', grin slightly, close your eyes and step through...

And bounce off.

"What the hell?!" you yell, loud enough to cause Reimu to come over to investigate.

"What happened?" she asks.

"The... wall thing..."

"Barrier." She corrects.

"The barrier wouldn't let me through!" you yell, almost livid now.

"... Odd. Looks like it's working fine..." she says, inspecting it... and steps through. A few minutes later and she returns. "Yep. Functioning same as always. Maybe you missed or something? Try again."

You nod, rolling your eyes, and try again.


And bounce off again.

You turn to look at Reimu, who has a midly puzzled look on her face. "... Argh, crap..." she mutters. "... I've got no idea what's going on here. It works fine for me, but not for you? ... I'm... dammit, I'm going to have to call in Yukari, on this..."

"... And she can fix it?" you ask, hopefully.

"Probably, yes..." Reimu nods. "She did make the thing, but she has a tendency to be unhelpful, when it suits her. Or, if she is being helpful, it's in a way that's not obvious for a couple of years down the line, usually. She's nice enough if she's not screwing around with something or another, but there's a very good chance that you can't get through because she doesn't want you to." Noting the question you're about to ask, she butts in. "No, I don't know why she'd want that. Maybe even she doesn't, and just thinks it'll be amusing. So... Yeah. Even if she is awake, which is rare enough, the odds of her actually being helpful are rather low."

She looks to you, and a genuine flicker of sympathy crosses her face. "You might well be stuck here for the forseeable future. Sorry about that. If it helps, I can rent you some floorspace here at the shrine. It's as safe as you can get in these parts. There's also the human village a few miles away, you can stay in, but, if Yukari does decide to be helpful... she doesn't often visit there. Could be a blessing or a curse."

Do you:
[]Stay at the Hakurei Shrine? It's close to the Barrier, after all, and you might be able to get home quicker if you're here...

[]Go to the Human Village? On the other hand, this 'Yukari' sounds like a nutjob and it'd probably best if you weren't around where she is.

[]Panic/flip the fuck out?

[]EMERGANCY TELEPORT GOOOO!

Also, write in things to ask Reimu about! Gain knowledge and profit! Or something like that.
>> No. 164377
[X] Okay, no big deal. You're just trapped for an indeterminate amount of time away from your colleagues, friends and family (who have absolutely no idea what's going on with you and are probably worried sick who are you kidding) in a place regarding which you have basically no information or any idea at all how to survive in, which is kind of important given that it's apparently populated with little girls of varying degrees of psychosis with the ability to shoot lethal projectiles, who would actually just be considered one of the lucky ones to meet given that she wasn't actually trying to eat you alive-
-[X] "Reimu? Listen, this is kind of important. Could you please explain slowly to me how to not die?"
--[X] Panic! Flip the fuck out! Repent your sins! Make peace with your gods! Oh sweet mercy why me?!
>> No. 164378
[X] Okay, no big deal. You're just trapped for an indeterminate amount of time away from your colleagues, friends and family (who have absolutely no idea what's going on with you and are probably worried sick who are you kidding) in a place regarding which you have basically no information or any idea at all how to survive in, which is kind of important given that it's apparently populated with little girls of varying degrees of psychosis with the ability to shoot lethal projectiles, who would actually just be considered one of the lucky ones to meet given that she wasn't actually trying to eat you alive-
-[X] "Reimu? Listen, this is kind of important. Could you please explain slowly to me how to not die?"
--[X] Panic! Flip the fuck out! Repent your sins! Make peace with your gods! Oh sweet mercy why me?!

This option amuses me. But it was a pain in the ass to scroll up and down to see the formatting changes and introduce them manually since copypasting doesn't carry the format.

A quick piece of advice: don't overuse the italics. Too much emphasis in everything leaves nothing emphasized in the end. Also, the command for bold is "[ b ][ /b ]" (without spacing), not "/ /". Read the FAQ for more info on formatting.
>> No. 164379
>>164378
Uh, the / / are supposed to be Italics too... thought I'd caught them all, evidently didn't. I'll bear in mind about having less emphasis in future.
>> No. 164382
>>164377
[X] Well, this sounds good.
I can't be arsed to copy all that, though.
>> No. 164383
>>164377

[X] what he said.

I will be damned before I copy all of that
>> No. 164385
[X] Okay, no big deal. You're just trapped for an indeterminate amount of time away from your colleagues, friends and family (who have absolutely no idea what's going on with you and are probably worried sick who are you kidding) in a place regarding which you have basically no information or any idea at all how to survive in, which is kind of important given that it's apparently populated with little girls of varying degrees of psychosis with the ability to shoot lethal projectiles, who would actually just be considered one of the lucky ones to meet given that she wasn't actually trying to eat you alive-
-[X] "Reimu? Listen, this is kind of important. Could you please explain slowly to me how to not die?"
--[X] Panic! Flip the fuck out! Repent your sins! Make peace with your gods! Oh sweet mercy why me?!
>> No. 164386
Your latest update has more ellipses in dialogue than it does lines of dialogue. That's not hyperbole; the ratio is literally above 1.

Also, I think putting a space after a sentence-leading ellipsis in a non-typeset work looks dumb as hell, but that's just me, and fixing that comes second to not using so damn many anyway. Try describing what's going on during the pause/hesitation that the ellipsis is supposed to represent instead.
>> No. 164454
Alright. Votes called, starting to write update. University's started up again though, so it might be some time.
>> No. 165040
File 136045607915.jpg - (570.44KB , 1171x1200 , dfbe7b4cc1e6834345da7e0d88c5ea30.jpg ) [iqdb]
165040
[X] Okay, no big deal. You're just trapped for an indeterminate amount of time away from your colleagues, friends and family (who have absolutely no idea what's going on with you and are probably worried sick) in a place regarding which you have basically no information or any idea at all how to survive in, which is kind of important given that it's apparently populated with little girls of varying degrees of psychosis with the ability to shoot lethal projectiles, who would actually just be considered one of the lucky ones to meet given that she wasn't actually trying to eat you alive-
-[X] "Reimu? Listen, this is kind of important. Could you please explain slowly to me how to not die?"
--[X] Panic! Flip the fuck out! Repent your sins! Make peace with your gods! Oh sweet mercy why me?!

Well, could be worse, right? At least you're only stuck in this lands for a length of time that could be infinite, away from any form of support, in a land where you're considered lucky to have not been eaten by the first person you've met.

Wait, no. This is about as worse as it gets.

"Reimu?" You ask, tentatively. Right now, your pysche feels on a knife edge. "This is very important. Listen carefully, please?"

She nods. You take a breath.

"PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO NOT DIE!!!"

The scream echoes around the shrine area and into the distance. Like the first break in a dam, though, that outburst paves way for more. "I mean, I'm stuck here! Literally stuck here! I don't know what to do, I can bearly survive a walk in the woods, let alone in a place where things, SMART THINGS are legitimately going to eat me! I'm a dead woman walking! Buddha, Jesus, any god-like figure that might be listening, HAVE MERCY! I'm not a bad woman at heart! Please don't let me di-"

You're interrupted by a hard smack on the face from the handle of Reimu's boom. "Enough of that." she says, simply. "Panicing isn't going to help you, me, or anything. Especially you. And it's giving me a headache," she sighs. "Look. Stay here for now. I have a spare futon and, well, this is neutral ground, see? Youkai don't start anything here, because then I start things with them." she taps the ground meaningfully.

"And, uh, that stops them?" you ask, rubbing the pain from your jaw.

"Oh yes." She states, matter-of-factly.

"I... see?" you respond, hesitantly. "Maybe it's for the best, then. Braving a trip to that village seems like unnecessary danger."

"I would probably ask the fairy to escort you, but she seems to have run off somewhere and I can't be assed to track her down." Reimu comments.

"Besides, she's not exactly the biggest fish in the pond around here. Just don't say it to her face."

You nod, the initial encounter blazed on your mind in a potentially trauma-causing way. "So, I stay here until this mess is sorted out? Okay, what's the catch?"

"No catch. Unless you count having to pay rent and do a share of the chores as a catch." Reimu shrugs. Not much different from your normal home, then.

"Anyone else I should know about?" You ask.

"Well, let's see, there's Marisa, she's mostly harmless. Compulsive liar though, and she'll probably steal anything interesting from you. Don't worry about that, I shake her down before she leaves."

Reimu leans on her broom, drumming her fingers on it. "Hmm, who else? Eh, there's Suika, she tends to visit the hot springs here a lot and generally pester me. She's an Oni, so, watch out. She means well, but, well, drunks with above human strength can lead to accidents."

She nods. "Those are the regulars, as for other visitors, I can't really say. A lot of folk pop in from time to time." She says with a small sigh of resignation, though, if you're reading her right, she secretly enjoys the company.

You shake your head, looking around. Maybe this won't be immediately fatal after all, then.

Maybe it could even be... you hesitate to use the word, fun?

Vote Time! Who would Ethana like to (And through narrative convenience, actually) meet?
[ ] Marisa
[ ] Suika
[ ] Other? (Insert name here)
[ ] EMERGENCY TELEPORT GOOOO!
>> No. 165041
Apologies for the delay. Lots of Uni work and well, procrastination if I'm honest. Still, keeping on trekking and all that
>> No. 165042
[ ] EMERGENCY TELEPORT GOOOO!

I have to assume that the Other option refers to who we would like to meet OOC (rather than who Ethana would like to meet IC) because she doesn't know of anyone else yet other than the two listed. And that we also have to pick someone likely to appear at the shrine, of course. In which case:

[X] Other? (Yukari)
>> No. 165043
[X]Remilia

A sort that is friendly but still haughty and teasing. Typical OJOU-SAMA, but with typical 500 year old maturity
>> No. 165044
[x]Patchouli
Magic user to blow the hell out of Ethan's reality
>> No. 165045
[X]Remilia

Sure, she often winds up being a relatively frequest shrine-goer and it would be fun to see how Ethana reacts to a real live vampire.
>> No. 165046
[X] Kisume

Bucket-girl needs love too.
>> No. 165047
[x] Yukari

I don't know why, but I have a feeling the encounter will be hilarious.

Also, trying to piss against the Remilia tide. We have enough stories with the SDM in this site; I say we try something a bit more different.
>> No. 165048
[X] Yukari
>> No. 165049
[x] Remilia
Yukari will show up eventually anyways just because its a problem with the border, so lets meet someone else first.
>> No. 165053
[x] Suika
>> No. 165153
[x] Remilia.
>> No. 165161
[X] Yukari

Because it's not Remilia. Will totally change this vote to Patchouli if Patchy gains ground though.
>> No. 165162
[x] Remilia
>> No. 165178
[x] Remilia
>> No. 165185
[X] Yukari
Also because not Remilia.