-  [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return][Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject  (Reply to 19493)
Message
Captcha
File
Password (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 122390310273.jpg - (158.20KB, 1024x768, Forests 017.jpg) [iqdb]
19493No. 19493
[X] Focus! Tell Suika to catch up to the speedy escapee, full speed.

====================

Tch. You feel a bit bad about leaving the mansion without first making sure everyone's fine, but then you have a much more important objective to achieve. The revolution must continue, a little sacrifice can never be avoided, it's good thing this happens here, for they're sure to have better medical supplies they bought with their dirty money. You shake your head to clear your thoughts and focus ahead.

"Comrade, we must make haste and follow the star weaver. Fly, take to the skies, and tail the joyous laughter with brilliant speed! Haste!" You command, your voice hard as steel as your gaze lock onto the rapidly reducing form of the quick escapee.

"Eh?" Suika look at you strangel, before a grin surfaces as realisation hits. "Oh right! Hold on tight Alek!"

You grit your teeth together as the oni accelerates in an alarming rate and blasts off after the escaping blur, wind whipping across your face and constantly stinging your eyes. You fight against it, keeping your sight on the target, who is still quite far ahead. The blur does seem to be a bit larger though, so Suika is obviously making some good progress at catching up. Excellent.

The chase, you notice after awhile, brings you back to through the forest of magic. Briefly you find yourself passing through Alice's house, but another second later the house is out of your view. You chance a glance upwards, and with a little quick calculation determine that it's just past mid-day. It'll probably be a good idea to take a rest back at the shrine and have lunch after the chase ends.

Your thoughts are cut by a nose dive downwards, and moments later you find yourself zigzagging through tree branches and the like in god knows how fast you're going. You can't even control the swing of your body at this speed, and so you just hope you don't hit yourself too badly when the forest run is done. A sudden bump on the back of your head by a wayward branch incites a small yelp of surprise and a quick and quiet curse from you, and you decide to at least try and protect the more important parts of your body.

The race abruptly ends when Suika flies you into a huge branch, which smashes into your stretch out arm with an audible crack, loosens your grip and no doubt fracturing some bones. Suika doesn't seem to notice that you're no longer holding onto her, fully intent on catching up to the mansion demolishing escapee. You tries to call out to her as you fall to no avail, and with the oni disappearing through a turn being your last vision you hit the ground and fades out of consciousness.

--------------------

Darkness. Darkness is all you see. Darkness, and a full package of pain. You make an effort to move, blinking away the black void, and then the blinding light from the sun. Your body seems to be holding up pretty well after that fall, only having a massive aching all over and some large gashes here and there. The wounds have stop bleeding for awhile now, though, as you pick up the details of dried blood and clotting pastes. Everything appears to be fine, other than your left arm that is. You can't get any response out of it, and forcefully moving it only brings about a surge of dull pain.

It's as if the arm's almost dead or something. But then again, it's a miracle you can still feel it after first fracturing it on a branch and then finishing it off with the crash.

A glance at the sky tells you that it's a few hours before sunset, and a quick survey around tells you that you have no idea where the hell you are. Well shit, this doesn't look good. You remember that Suika sort of told you about youkais being most active after sun down, and that the forest itself is dangerous to normal humans. So while you're pretty damn lucky that nothing has devoured you as a prelim for supper yet, your situation isn't exactly good at all.



[] Write-in
Expand all images
>>No. 19494
[☭] This is a fantastic land, so perhaps nursery rhyme logic is most appropriate? Try following the trail of broken branches left in Suika's wake out of the forest like so many stale breadcrumbs, and with luck you'll be taken in the direction of the shrine or Alice's house. Quickly now: Though progress may not wait for you, the Baba Yaga will.
>>No. 19507
>>19494
Awesome Russianon is on top of things as usual.

[☭] This is a fantastic land, so perhaps nursery rhyme logic is most appropriate? Try following the trail of broken branches left in Suika's wake out of the forest like so many stale breadcrumbs, and with luck you'll be taken in the direction of the shrine or Alice's house. Quickly now: Though progress may not wait for you, the Baba Yaga will.
>>No. 19508
[X] This is a fantastic land, so perhaps nursery rhyme logic is most appropriate? Try following the trail of broken branches left in Suika's wake out of the forest like so many stale breadcrumbs, and with luck you'll be taken in the direction of the shrine or Alice's house. Quickly now: Though progress may not wait for you, the Baba Yaga will.

Ayep.
>>No. 19519
[X] This is a fantastic land, so perhaps nursery rhyme logic is most appropriate? Try following the trail of broken branches left in Suika's wake out of the forest like so many stale breadcrumbs, and with luck you'll be taken in the direction of the shrine or Alice's house. Quickly now: Though progress may not wait for you, the Baba Yaga will.
>>No. 19527
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Yaga
>>No. 19528
File 122402034573.jpg - (44.44KB, 309x450, lenin.jpg) [iqdb]
19528
[ODIN] This is a fantastic land, so perhaps nursery rhyme logic is most appropriate? Try following the trail of broken branches left in Suika's wake out of the forest like so many stale breadcrumbs, and with luck you'll be taken in the direction of the shrine or Alice's house. Quickly now: Though progress may not wait for you, the Baba Yaga will.


Lenin would be proud of this write-in.
>>No. 19581
[☭] This is a fantastic land, so perhaps nursery rhyme logic is most appropriate? Try following the trail of broken branches left in Suika's wake out of the forest like so many stale breadcrumbs, and with luck you'll be taken in the direction of the shrine or Alice's house. Quickly now: Though progress may not wait for you, the Baba Yaga will.

Yes.
YES.
>>No. 19639
Awesome, unanimous vote is unanimous. I think I should seriously start some research into Russian folklores and histories myself, so I don't have to constantly consult the wiki for information and clarifications.

Will start writing after I get back home a quarter of a day later.
>>No. 19642
>>19639

hooray!
>>No. 19653
Unexpected lethargic hit and wasted a few good hours doing pretty much nothing at all.

But anyway, I guess I can start writing now.

Sage for useless delayfag.
>>No. 19655
[X] This is a fantastic land, so perhaps nursery rhyme logic is most appropriate? Try following the trail of broken branches left in Suika's wake out of the forest like so many stale breadcrumbs, and with luck you'll be taken in the direction of the shrine or Alice's house. Quickly now: Though progress may not wait for you, the Baba Yaga will.

====================

Well, no use to just idle around and brood till the end of the day. Solution won't come to you by itself if you don't reach for it, for the Motherland dislikes those who do no work and wait for fortune. And seeing as how the miko's life have been so far, even if she is a person that serves as the local religious figurehead, you assume it is safe to say that this land holds the same opinion of Mother Russia.

With a bit of difficulty you steady yourself using the help of a few of the larger branches. You're still feeling the pain from your wounds, and your muscles are also quite sore, so you aren't sure if it's a good idea to track towards the shrine. After all, you don't remember having seen the outline of the structure before Suika plunge into the thick forest during her chase. Well, that all depends on if you can find your way out of this forest in one piece.

Pulling your flask of vodka...hey wait, haven't you give it away to Meiling during daytime? How did it get here?

The question spins in your head for some short amount of time, before you decide to just chalk that up as yet another abnormal phenomenon of Gensokyo. Removing the cork of the flask, you proceed with your original intentions and pour some of the liquor onto the most dangerous wounds. You remember hearing about alcohol being able to prevent infection somewhere along the somewhat monotonous life you lead before coming to this place, and imagine it to at least be helpful to a certain degree. You don't know if the effects are still there when the wounds are already clotting, but you don't really have a choice but to hope for the best at the moment. Let nature decide is what you believe is the correct course of action right now.

After the bit of stalling, you finally give your surroundings a clear once over. Trees, trees, trees. Trees everywhere, with lush green bushes scattering here and there under the thick canopy. Oh, and there are some broken branches laying around, one particularly leading away from where you are in a more or less straight line. Most likely the trail of minor destruction left in the wake of Suika's rather reckless steering. You could probably use the trail as a guidance beacon, the stale breadcrumbs that will at least lead you somewhere.

For some strange reasons you suddenly remember the old folklore of the Baba Yaga, about her flying with her mortar, about her habits of kidnapping children, about the tales of her occasional helping of those who seek her aid. Maybe if you try you might find your way to her hut?

You stifle a laugh that's beginning to form. Ha, that's the most ridiculous thought you've had so far. The Baba Yaga is a fairytale, a character of folklores being use to scare little child, and is exactly just that. There are no old hags flying with mortars, no door-less and windowless hut on chicken legs, and most importantly no old witch with the name of Baba Yaga. Admittedly it is not impossible for there to be witches and wizards and the like in this fantastic land, but surely they're not as dangerous and unpredictable as the folklore character, for this land may already be broken if there are.

Humming an old tune from childhood to fit the theme of tales of ancient times, you progress through the endless forest in painstakingly slow speed. There are a few times that you feel you need rest, but each time you berate yourself and continue to push on. No rest for you until you reach some signs of civilization.

The process of slowly following broken branches continues for some unknown amount of time. You can't really tell how long have passed since you leave the place where you drop from the sky, but the fiery glow of the sky tells you that it's around sunset right now. You grimace a little, you humming long since silenced.

Sunset is when the more feral residents of this place rise and prowl the lands.

Just as the thought cross your mind, you hear an unusual rustling of sounds. It's coming from different directions, and seems to be closing in towards your position.

Looks like you've got company.



[] Stay there and try to defend yourself from possible hostiles
[] Forego defence and charge at one of the source of noise
[] Try and hide in some nearby bushes, and wait for an opportunity to attack
[] Muster your strength and will your body to make a run for it
[] Write-in
>>No. 19691
{X] A! Is this a comrade I hear? Or perhaps a monster out for my flesh? Would dha like some vodka? I don't bite. And if you do, A drink should always come before the meal!
[X] Fiegn Innocence. Be ready to defend yourself but not look it.
>>No. 19699
File 122419107726.jpg - (52.46KB, 380x244, 1___sidorovich.jpg) [iqdb]
19699
>>19691

What are you standing there for? Come closer. I don't bite.
>>No. 19703
[X] A! Is this a comrade I hear? Or perhaps a monster out for my flesh? Would dha like some vodka? I don't bite. And if you do, A drink should always come before the meal!
[X] Fiegn Innocence. Be ready to defend yourself but not look it.


sounds good
>>No. 19740
{x] A! Is this a comrade I hear? Or perhaps a monster out for my flesh? Would dha like some vodka? I don't bite. And if you do, A drink should always come before the meal!
[x] Fiegn Innocence. Be ready to defend yourself but not look it.

Okay.
>>No. 19751
Something occurs to me.

In Gensokyo, belief is everything. Belief is the source of power.

Alek's pure, innocent, burning faith in the truth and spirit of Communism is a truly amazing thing.
And in this place, perhaps it can become something more.

Perhaps it already has.
>>No. 19786
Calling votes then, writing in seven hours.
>>No. 19832
UPDATE
>>No. 19872
Take it easy, I'm just using a bit of time to sort things out/chillax/etc.

Well whatever. Am really writing now.

Sage for not being an update.
>>No. 19875
[X] A! Is this a comrade I hear? Or perhaps a monster out for my flesh? Would dha like some vodka? I don't bite. And if you do, A drink should always come before the meal!
[X] Feign Innocence. Be ready to defend yourself but not look it.

====================

Apparently evenings don't mix with you, as you're currently lost in a forest in the mentioned timeframe, have your left arm broken and kind of dead, having an encounter with some unknowns, and most importantly, you're going to miss the Party at this rate.

Fuck.

Too bad, though, since you can't really do much but try and stay alive right now, which may or may not be difficult depending on whatever monsters you'll be up against now. Hopefully they're the reasonable types, so you might have a chance in persuading them to help you out of the situation, and convert them if you have the chance. Then again, you're favouring more on actually making the chances than waiting for one to show up.

Forcefully pulling a grin up your face, you try and fake ignorance while moving towards a more defensible place. Pulling out your ever friendly flask of liquor you prepare yourself for whatever danger that will show up.

"A! Is this a comrade I hear? Or perhaps a monster out for my flesh?" You call out in obvious forced cheerfulness, biting back the sudden backlash of pain from your muscles as you bring your flask up in a quick movement. "Would dha like some vodka?"

The rustling have, thankfully, cease from making any more noises, assumingly due to your words.

Wait, is it a good or a bad thing really?

"Hey, Cirno, what's a vo-oh wait, you won't know anyway."

"HEY! What's that suppose to mean?"

There are two voices, both distinctly female, coming from the bushes where the earlier rustlings are at approximately. Silently, you breath a sigh of relief as you realise that you're going to have a much higher chance of survival as of this moment. You're going to speak up when a third, childish voice chimes in from somewhere close behind you.

"Can you eat vodka?"

Instinctively you turned around to catch a look at one of your potential attackers and would be converts, and find yourself face to face with a grinning child spotting a red ribbon next to her blonde hair. She is then being pulled away from you by someone else, a similarly aged girl with a weird brown cap and a pair of...raven wings? You're not an avian expert.

"Ah, no not really. I think it's a drink, some sort of alcohol last I've heard."

"Is that so~?"

The rustling from before resumes, and when you turn about you find yourself surrounded by more youkais. One fairy in blues and a...boy? Huh, you've assumed they're going to be girls just because they have feminine voices, looks like you're wrong in one case. Still, it seems as good an opportunity now as ever to work your magic.



1.) Ask them to bring you back to the shrine?
--[] Yes
--[] No

2.) Who to interact with?
--[] The one with blonde hair and ribbon
--[] The one with the weird cap and bird wings
--[] The blue fairy
--[] The boy

2.) What will you say?
--[] Write-in
>>No. 19884
{X} Yes
{X} All of them.
{X} Offer them some of your vodka.
>>No. 19885
[x] Yes
[x] The boy.
[x] Mention something about 'being surrounded by all these girls.' Throw your arm around his shoulders in a friendly way.

Oh yeah.
>>No. 19886
[ODIN] Yes
[ODIN] The boy.
[ODIN] Mention something about 'being surrounded by all these girls.' Throw your arm around his shoulders in a friendly way.

Hahaha, oh wow.
>>No. 19889
[x] Yes
[x] The boy.
[x] Mention something about 'being surrounded by all these girls.' Throw your arm around his shoulders in a friendly way.

We're going to get in deep shit, but okay.
>>No. 19890
[X] Yes
[X] The boy.
[X] Mention something about 'being surrounded by all these girls.' Throw your arm around his shoulders in a friendly way.
>>No. 19891
[X] Yes
[X] The boy.
[X] Mention something about 'being surrounded by all these girls.' Throw your arm around his shoulders in a friendly way.

:awesome:
>>No. 19906
[X] Yes
[X] The boy.
[X] Mention something about 'being surrounded by all these girls.' Throw your arm around his shoulders in a friendly way.

Quite the harem you've got going here, champ.
>>No. 19926
File 122481356091.jpg - (311.36KB, 640x640, 331a6b1426a0706a1afbe64568b045d0.jpg) [iqdb]
19926
And that's all influx of votes I'll get, I guess. Can't say I didn't predicted this sort of outcome (the vote choices, that is).

Writing shall commence approximately ten hours later, since I got an apointment right after release from my current situation (work, etc.), and am not sure how long that will go for.

So yeah, hopefully in ten hours.

Seaside Rumia unrelated.
>>No. 19941
>So yeah, hopefully in ten hours.

ಠ_ಠ
>>No. 19960
File 122519963333.jpg - (233.10KB, 400x568, 67beafe1d6442617f7c067733f3639c3.jpg) [iqdb]
19960
I apologise yet again for my failure to deliver the promised piece of writing on the selected frame of time, there are no acceptable excuses for my incompetence at time management.

It has nothing to do with my despair over a certain error made during the course of the story.

I shall now commence the process of creating an update for this, by the standards of Anonymous I presume, humble adventure that is unworthy of being mentioned. I cannot, and will not, make a promise on the time of delivery, for I have lost faith in my own words. I can only advice Anonymous to be patient, and conduct in more interesting activities during this period of pause as I place my efforts on writing an update no less than satisfactory.

===

tl;dr, sorry guys, writing now. Image unrelated.
>>No. 19961
File 122520661780.jpg - (233.86KB, 600x800, ac0b299c523f78b36708181280215a56.jpg) [iqdb]
19961
[X] Yes
[X] The boy.
[X] Mention something about 'being surrounded by all these girls.' Throw your arm around his shoulders in a friendly way.

====================

The first priority as of this moment is to find a way to return to the shrine. You have a party to attend tonight, and as it is a very unique occasion, you must not be delayed any further from your tasks. However, you'll need to be patient right now, for your life may currently be at stake. It all boils down to the actions you take to do what you have to do.

The primary goal now, to secure your safe transportation back to the shrine. The secondary, enlist the four into the Revolution. The course of action to take?

Befriend them, of course. Your best bet is to start off with the odd one out, then work your way through the group until you are certain they bear no hostility towards you. From then on it's just a matter of proving to them the virtues of the communistic values you hold and believe in. Already you have encountered multitude of different people and personalities, and with your new found experiences you're sure you'll be quite successful in helping them to convert to the glorious Communism, for isn't it true that truth always triumphs in the end? And as Communism is the truth and nothing but that, its final triumph is unquestionable.

It matters not if you're no longer there to see it shine, for your duty is to bring about the truth, and let the people realise for themselves, however long it may take. Forcing people to believe in another's ideal, or forcing people in any kind of manners for that matter, is not the way of a true communist. Of course, it'll be a nice bonus if you lived to see the day when Communism thrives in this community, but it is just that, a bonus. As long as you've spread the ideal to all citizens of this fantastical land, your task is done. You bring the Revolution, but it may or may not be your fate to bring about the end product.

Yet it is now not the time to think of the events of the far future, and quietly you curb the derailing trains of thoughts and realigns your focus on the task at hand.

Offering a friendly grin you walk, albeit a bit wobbly due to your injuries, up to the boy with green hair. Upon a closer look at his features as you approach him, you notice that not only his voice sounds feminine, but his face have some resemblance to the female gender. Garb in a plain white t-shirt and a pair of puffy shorts with an unusually designed cape tied around his neck, and with a pair of strangely fitting antennas of sort, he must always receive comments about him being a girl cross-dressing as a boy. Pitiful, but at least you'll not soil his dignity any further by being the same as the common populace.

Swinging around you throw your arms around the boy's shoulders, who during this whole time have not speak another word and instead opts to stare at you. You inhale a brief breath of air, and after taking a proper gander at the surrounding girls, sighs heavily.

"Well, isn't it fascinating to see such a wonderful company at this strange and unwelcoming forest, surely this is a sign that my path ends not here." You say, turning your head to grin at the boy. "Comrade, you're quite a lucky lad, to be surrounded by all these young and vibrant girls. I must say that when I was your age I have had much worse of a band of acquaintances, how I wish I was someone similar to you back then."

"W-Wait a minute, you're not thinking that I-" The boy begins speaking, but as time is short, you must continue. You'll just have to apologise and hear him out later.

"Now, now. There is no need to cover your surely grand and fun stories, we all share our share of interesting destinies, and it is often a good way to share those stories as a method of passing the time when work is not calling. However, as much as I would enjoy a fascinating tale, I must ask of you and your female friends to provide aid and guide me back to the shrine of Hakurei, for there tonight a party shall be held, and I shall be its host. As a host, I must be present to prepare and work, yet here I am, stranded at this mysterious and treacherous forest, being denied of my duty..."

"L-Listen to me! I'm not a-"

"So, my apologies for my interruptions, but may I inquire if it would be possible for you and your companions to provide transportation and escort me back to the place of worship?" You ask with your friendliest smile. "I'm quite sure the four of you will also be invited to join in should you desire. Food and beverages shall be served, and entertainments provided, so it would be prime opportunity for you and your friends to enjoy an experience of mingling with the other attending members of the party."

You continue on about for a little while, the boy interrupting here and there but never finishing his sentences. The others, female company of the boy shows a variety of different emotions during your small talk, from the amused look of the girl with pinkish hair and fluffy wings, to the confused stare of the fairy in blue and the innocent smile of the child with golden locks. For a moment you think you see a strange sphere of darkness surrounding the blonde girl, but you dismiss the thought of it as being the sun playing tricks on your eyes.

You finish your speech with a grandiose, and while quite satisfied with the wordings yourself, you're no less surprised at what you see when you once again turn your gaze to the boy, who is now sobbing quite pitifully. My, he looks even more feminine like this.

Concern at this turn of events, you couldn't help but offer your inquiry.

"I-I'm not..." The boy continues to sob as he looks at you with sad eyes. "I'm not a boy..."

...



[] Write-in response

====================
>>No. 19967
[ODIN] Ai, how could you be so rude? In the motherland younger men than this one have helped in the struggle against the Fascist horde, young proletarians boldly fighting for final victory of Communism.
[ODIN] Apologize profusely, for the young patriot is not a boy, but truly a man!
[ODIN] Offer some Vodka.


Blindly charging off towards BAD END.
>>No. 19968
[x] Ai, how could you be so rude? In the motherland younger men than this one have helped in the struggle against the Fascist horde, young proletarians boldly fighting for final victory of Communism.
[x] Apologize profusely, for the young patriot is not a boy, but truly a man!
[x] Offer some Vodka.

Thus, something better has been found.
>>No. 19971
i don't know what to say after making wriggle cry
>>No. 19973
[☭] Put your hand on the green-haired's shoulder. "Ah, I am sorry, comrade. I guess I should not be entirely surprised; even your masculine attire cannot hide your delicate features." Sigh. "You see, my mind has a tendency to lapse into the old folk tales, and for a moment you looked the spitting image of the great hero-prince Ivan Tsarevich, along with his beautiful wives." Point to the blue-haired girl, "Vasilisa the Wise, known as the Frog Princess." Point to the pink-haired one, "Yelena the fair, whose radiance was valued more than the firebird." Point to the blonde, "And Marya Morevna, fierce warrior-queen from beyond the sea."
[☭] "But more important is that even though I was wrong, my impression is not changed; as far as the invitation extended to join the Revolution is concerned, gender does not matter, for the Great Cause is not made of men and women, but of people. And the freedoms granted to people as individuals, to dress the way they want to dress, to wear silly hats or not wear silly hats, to walk through the forest knowing that the only thing lying in wait is good company, these are values the Party stands for. So I reiterate, comrades, allow yourselves to be caught up in the winds of change! You won't regret it! I haven't!"
>>No. 19974
>>19973
Goddamnit, russianon. You always.....

[☭] Put your hand on the green-haired's shoulder. "Ah, I am sorry, comrade. I guess I should not be entirely surprised; even your masculine attire cannot hide your delicate features." Sigh. "You see, my mind has a tendency to lapse into the old folk tales, and for a moment you looked the spitting image of the great hero-prince Ivan Tsarevich, along with his beautiful wives." Point to the blue-haired girl, "Vasilisa the Wise, known as the Frog Princess." Point to the pink-haired one, "Yelena the fair, whose radiance was valued more than the firebird." Point to the blonde, "And Marya Morevna, fierce warrior-queen from beyond the sea."
[☭] "But more important is that even though I was wrong, my impression is not changed; as far as the invitation extended to join the Revolution is concerned, gender does not matter, for the Great Cause is not made of men and women, but of people. And the freedoms granted to people as individuals, to dress the way they want to dress, to wear silly hats or not wear silly hats, to walk through the forest knowing that the only thing lying in wait is good company, these are values the Party stands for. So I reiterate, comrades, allow yourselves to be caught up in the winds of change! You won't regret it! I haven't!"
>>No. 19975
[X] Put your hand on the green-haired's shoulder. "Ah, I am sorry, comrade. I guess I should not be entirely surprised; even your masculine attire cannot hide your delicate features." Sigh. "You see, my mind has a tendency to lapse into the old folk tales, and for a moment you looked the spitting image of the great hero-prince Ivan Tsarevich, along with his beautiful wives." Point to the blue-haired girl, "Vasilisa the Wise, known as the Frog Princess." Point to the pink-haired one, "Yelena the fair, whose radiance was valued more than the firebird." Point to the blonde, "And Marya Morevna, fierce warrior-queen from beyond the sea."
[X] "But more important is that even though I was wrong, my impression is not changed; as far as the invitation extended to join the Revolution is concerned, gender does not matter, for the Great Cause is not made of men and women, but of people. And the freedoms granted to people as individuals, to dress the way they want to dress, to wear silly hats or not wear silly hats, to walk through the forest knowing that the only thing lying in wait is good company, these are values the Party stands for. So I reiterate, comrades, allow yourselves to be caught up in the winds of change! You won't regret it! I haven't!"

Not to sell PaperBoy short, but in all honesty, this story has two authors.
>>No. 19978
[☭] Put your hand on the green-haired's shoulder. "Ah, I am sorry, comrade. I guess I should not be entirely surprised; even your masculine attire cannot hide your delicate features." Sigh. "You see, my mind has a tendency to lapse into the old folk tales, and for a moment you looked the spitting image of the great hero-prince Ivan Tsarevich, along with his beautiful wives." Point to the blue-haired girl, "Vasilisa the Wise, known as the Frog Princess." Point to the pink-haired one, "Yelena the fair, whose radiance was valued more than the firebird." Point to the blonde, "And Marya Morevna, fierce warrior-queen from beyond the sea."
[☭] "But more important is that even though I was wrong, my impression is not changed; as far as the invitation extended to join the Revolution is concerned, gender does not matter, for the Great Cause is not made of men and women, but of people. And the freedoms granted to people as individuals, to dress the way they want to dress, to wear silly hats or not wear silly hats, to walk through the forest knowing that the only thing lying in wait is good company, these are values the Party stands for. So I reiterate, comrades, allow yourselves to be caught up in the winds of change! You won't regret it! I haven't!"

>>19975
"Always there are two; a muse and a writefag..."
>>No. 20003
[☭] Put your hand on the green-haired's shoulder. "Ah, I am sorry, comrade. I guess I should not be entirely surprised; even your masculine attire cannot hide your delicate features." Sigh. "You see, my mind has a tendency to lapse into the old folk tales, and for a moment you looked the spitting image of the great hero-prince Ivan Tsarevich, along with his beautiful wives." Point to the blue-haired girl, "Vasilisa the Wise, known as the Frog Princess." Point to the pink-haired one, "Yelena the fair, whose radiance was valued more than the firebird." Point to the blonde, "And Marya Morevna, fierce warrior-queen from beyond the sea."
[☭] "But more important is that even though I was wrong, my impression is not changed; as far as the invitation extended to join the Revolution is concerned, gender does not matter, for the Great Cause is not made of men and women, but of people. And the freedoms granted to people as individuals, to dress the way they want to dress, to wear silly hats or not wear silly hats, to walk through the forest knowing that the only thing lying in wait is good company, these are values the Party stands for. So I reiterate, comrades, allow yourselves to be caught up in the winds of change! You won't regret it! I haven't!"

I approve of this Trotsky
>>No. 20009
Writing sometime tomorrow, depending on whatever time I wake up at.
>>No. 20011
>>20009

hooray!
>>No. 20017
Well that was certainly a good few hours of sleep. Writing now.
>>No. 20018
File 122561839290.jpg - (131.39KB, 850x1071, sample-a979c32be55e2514afe2f926b6fcf0c0.jpg) [iqdb]
20018
[☭] Put your hand on the green-haired's shoulder. "Ah, I am sorry, comrade. I guess I should not be entirely surprised; even your masculine attire cannot hide your delicate features." Sigh. "You see, my mind has a tendency to lapse into the old folk tales, and for a moment you looked the spitting image of the great hero-prince Ivan Tsarevich, along with his beautiful wives." Point to the blue-haired girl, "Vasilisa the Wise, known as the Frog Princess." Point to the pink-haired one, "Yelena the fair, whose radiance was valued more than the firebird." Point to the blonde, "And Marya Morevna, fierce warrior-queen from beyond the sea."
[☭] "But more important is that even though I was wrong, my impression is not changed; as far as the invitation extended to join the Revolution is concerned, gender does not matter, for the Great Cause is not made of men and women, but of people. And the freedoms granted to people as individuals, to dress the way they want to dress, to wear silly hats or not wear silly hats, to walk through the forest knowing that the only thing lying in wait is good company, these are values the Party stands for. So I reiterate, comrades, allow yourselves to be caught up in the winds of change! You won't regret it! I haven't!"

====================

The revelation have certainly come as a bit of a surprise, though given her rather feminine looks even if her choice of clothing is that of a male, you can understand how a mix up could occur. However, this does not void your mistake, and a mistake shall be mend by the one who made it.

Placing your hand firmly on the green-haired girl's shoulder, you give her an apologetic nod. "Ah, I am sorry, comrade. I guess I should not be entirely surprised; even your masculine attire cannot hide your delicate features." You say with a sigh, then offers her a warm smile. "You see, my mind has a tendency to lapse into the old folk tales, and for a moment you looked the spitting image of the great hero-prince Ivan Tsarevich, along with his beautiful wives."

Swinging yourself and your green-haired companion around, who yelps quietly in surprise, you point your finger at the blue-haired fairy girl. "Vasilisa the Wise, known as the Frog Princess." Upon the ending of the sentence you hear a collective quip of confusion from the rest of the group, then the mentioned fairy cocks her head high and cross her arms in front of her chest. Huh, interesting reaction.

After the small pause, you turn your hand's direction towards the pink-haired lady of avian. "Yelena the fair, whose radiance was valued more than the firebird." You say, with the one in question blinking a few times and uttering a quiet word. The syllables are soft, and almost escapes your hearing, but you're quite certain it sounds something like "Mokou", yet another unfamiliar word. The bird lady's look conveys that as similar to a question, and you wonder what that means.

Turning around once again, you face the last member, the little blonde-haired child, of the group of four with your hand still clasping solidly on the green-haired's shoulder. Said child looks at you in what seems to be a mix of anticipation and curiosity. "And Marya Morevna, fierce warrior-queen from beyond the sea."

"But she always bumps into trees!" The blue fairy exclaims loudly, but you pay her no mind. There are more important things to do right now.

With a soft nudge you swing the girl in your hands to face you again. Your other hand finds its place on the girl's other shoulder as you crouch down slowly to the girl's height, ignoring the dull pain that courses through your damaged legs as you do so. "But more important is that even though I was wrong, my impression is not changed; as far as the invitation extended to join the Revolution is concerned, gender does not matter, for the Great Cause is not made of men and women, but of people. And the freedoms granted to people as individuals, to dress the way they want to dress, to wear silly hats or not wear silly hats," Through peripheral vision you see the pink lady instinctively reach for her head-gear. Charming. "To walk through the forest knowing that the only thing lying in wait is good company, these are values the Party stands for."

"So I reiterate," You stand back up, remove your hands from the girl's shoulders and take a few step back. "Comrade, allow yourselves to be caught up in the winds of change! You won't regret it! I haven't!"

"..." The girl with green hair stares at you in silence, her tears no longer flowing. Soon though, she sighs and mumbles out something softly. "Wriggle."

"Pardon?"

"You can...call me Wriggle." The girl, who claims that "Wriggle" is her name, then turns her head sideways, cross her arms and shuts her eyes. "But don't think I've forgave you, you..you...weird human speech bubble! I've had enough of being called a boy!"

A quick chuckle later, you assure her that you've fully taken that into mind. After that, a small banter begins, and as the sun sets even lower, the four finally agree to take you to the shrine, on the fact that you'll keep the shrine maiden from chasing them out. You give them your word, and soon they gather around and prepare to take off.

"Hey random guy, grab my hand." Cirno, the name of the blue fairy you discover during the exchange of words and she who looks no older than nine years old, flies towards you with her hand out.

You...


[] Take her hand
[] Don't take her hand
- Ask Wriggle to carry you instead
- Ask Mystia, the pink youkai bird to help you to the shrine
- Ask little Rumia for a lift
- Refuse, start walking around on your own
>>No. 20019
[x] Take her hand.

I see no reason not to.
>>No. 20020
[X] Take her hand.

We might need it later.
>>No. 20021
[x] Take her hand.
>>No. 20022
>Through peripheral vision you see the pink lady instinctively reach for her head-gear.

Masterfully done.

I do not have enough awesome.jpg for this update.

[x] Take her hand.

This is the People's hand. With it you will grasp the future.
>>No. 20023
[X] Take her hand

We're a stranger in paradise.
>>No. 20028
[x] Take her hand. This is the People's hand. With it you will grasp the future.
[x] Remark on how strong and cold her grasp is, like the frozen tundras of Siberia, where winter never really leaves.

Tundra is a fun word to say.
>>No. 20037
[x] Take her hand
>>No. 20038
Overslept, and decided to ditch school for the day. Writing in a few hours.
>>No. 20039
>>20038

hooray!
>>No. 20044
>>20038
>few
:<
>>No. 20051
Well that certainly spun out of control. I apologise for my tardiness, writing shall commence from this moment onwards.
>>No. 20052
Actually, add a few more hours to it, it's not going the way I want it to go at the moment.

Sage for failure.
>>No. 20053
File 122597803743.jpg - (238.69KB, 578x600, 66e7b550c3ab7474040718363eeaa1aa.jpg) [iqdb]
20053
[X] Take her hand

====================

There is no hesitation, there is no doubt. There is not a single sliver of mistrust as you take hold of her hand and let her guide you skywards. They are your comrades, your partners and associates in the Revolution, and you trust them as trust the Great Architect. Communism is built upon trust and cooperation, and at this moment, you have already seen the prove of it's subtle existence within Gensokyo in the form of these four girls. Their teamwork is marvellous, their friendship stronger than the finest steel, they along with the people you have met in the course of a single day have been the mightiest evidence of how Communism lies deep in the hearts of everyone.

Your task will be to bring that underlying spirit out from each and everyone. It may not be an easy task, but that have never stopped you.

As you soar higher and higher, towards the burning skies of freedom, you cannot help but smile satisfactorily...

Or at least, that's what you imagine would've happened. The world is mischievous, however, and you find yourself standing exactly where you are, with a pair of small arms desperately trying to pull you up.

"Geez, big guy! Why are you so heavy?" The ice fairy whines loudly as she fails to lift you off the ground for the third time. Her friends are already leaving, probably out of earshot, and you don't think things are going to change any time soon. This is kind of a disaster.

"Gah, I'm tired! This sucks!"

Yes, it is sort of unpleasant.

"You should stop eating that much! Even Daiyosei is lighter than you!"

"Oh? Aren't you the heaviest?" An unfamiliar female voice says from somewhere behind you. Reflexively you turn around, but to your confusion you find nothing suspicious at all. Huh? What is happening this time?

"No! I'm the strongest! Not the heaviest!"

"Oh my~, you certainly is the strongest for a pipsqueak, my apologies~" Again the voice says from out of nowhere, this time a bit to your right. Cirno, while looking somewhat confused, still cocks her head up in confidence.

"Of course I'm the strongest! No one ca-hey! Who're you calling a pipsqueak!"

Ah so she noticed.

"Hmm, now that's surprising, I didn't think you'll know the word."

"Hey! Is that how you talk to your saviour?" Now wait a minute, she isn't thinking that you're the one talking, right? "And what's with the girly voice? Speak like a man!" So she is. Finding her condescending glare looking onto you, you stare back with a deadpan look. Idly, you wonder how she'll do in an intelligence test.

"No one said I'm a man~"
"Gyah!"

And thus the culprit shows herself, through a definitely unconventional and physics breaking way no less. Coming into existence out of something akin to a tear through thin air is a cheerful looking blonde wearing a elaborately designed violet dress with some strange symbols and a poofy hat. What surprises you most, though, is that only half of her body is actually visible, while the other half resides within the tear, or so you hope to believe that she has a whole body. Acutely you ignore the hands of the woman, which are currently up the dress of the fairy and definitely doing something questionable, as you turn your gaze towards the new person.

"H-Hey! Stop it! I said sto-ah!" You decide to also tune out the fairy's voice at that moment in time.

"Oh hello, hello! Sorry to barge in, but I can't help it!" Returning your gaze the blonde woman flashes you a small smile, then as if remembering something does a little curtsey, or a variant of it that does not involve ceasing whatever she's doing to Cirno. "My, my, I seems to be forgetting things again. I am sure you are quite confused, and you know what? It's fun seeing people's face when they're confused! Oh! I'm already going out of topic! I guess I'm getting senile~" She does another curtsey. Her assault has yet to stop.

"Usually you wouldn't be seeing me, but Ran's busy cooking dinner, so I have to do it myself! Firstly, welcome to Gensokyo. I'm your ever friendly, ever generous host, Lady of Borders and Mistress of the Lost Village, Yukari Yakumo. Nice to meet you, Mr. Outsider." She says, finally ceasing her nearly unending teasing against Cirno, who flutters away and proceeds to hide behind you, tongue out at the woman known as Yukari. "Oh, and one more thing." Yukari starts again, before disappearing in an instant.

"Boo."
"Gyah!"

With a yelp Cirno full on jumps and grabs onto the back of your head, while you yourself skips a little at the sudden sound behind you. A small series of chuckles follows, and you see the positively beaming face of the Gap woman when you turn around to the source of the voice.

"Ah, that was fun. Now, on to business, tell Reimu I say hi~"

And, before you get even a word in, a gap opens below you and you fall through it as per the rules of gravity.

--------------------

Less than a second after you fall through that gap, you crash into the soft ground rear first. A surge of pain through your whole body tells you that the ground is apparently not soft enough to absorb all the energy of the drop, but then that is to be expected. As you slowly stand up with bones creaking, you find yourself at the somewhat familiar scene of the Hakurei Shrine.

Finally, you have return to your destination.

Dusting yourself down to rid of the specks of matters you've gathered during the bush walking and the recent human crash-landing, you take a look around and identifies yourself as being in the backyard, if the slightly repaired form of your beloved Sacchin is of any indication. You give the plane a compassionate pat on the wings, and gets to leave the backyard after a silent thanks for the many things she has done for you.

Somehow, as you turn to look at her one last time before getting into the main building, you think she looks a little brighter.

--------------------

"So, Mr. Iva...uh...damn, screw this. Alek, what the fuck did you do?" Reimu, who originally seems surprise at seeing you, which you yourself can think of quite a number of reasons, has recovered from her brief stupor with remarkable speed, and instantly begin your interrogation. "First that doll girl flies in and talks about a party, then Suika comes back all moody and won't talk to anyone, and now you came back in scraps with the damn brat Cirno clinging to your head, out of my fucking backyard! Tell me what the fuck is happening, now!"



[] Write-in~
>>No. 20054
>Tell me what the fuck is happening, now!"

[x] Frown at her. "Yukari Yakumo says 'hi~' comrade. Where is the little oni petrushka?"

Blame Yukari.
>>No. 20055
>First that doll girl flies in and talks about a party

Nobody likes Alice.

[x] Frown at her. "Yukari Yakumo says 'hi~' comrade. Where is the little oni petrushka?"
>>No. 20056
{X} Frown at her. "Yukari Yakumo says 'hi~' comrade. Where is the little oni petrushka?"
>>No. 20064
[x] Frown at her. "Yukari Yakumo says 'hi~' comrade. Where is the little oni petrushka?"

Come on, Soviet Anon, where are you?
>>No. 20065
>>20064
He's at work, bother him after he's out, which means at least five to six hours later.
>>No. 20066
>>20065
I meant the one who keeps coming up with masterful write-ins.
>>No. 20067
[x] Frown at her. "Yukari Yakumo says 'hi~' comrade. Where is the little oni petrushka?"

IN SOVIET RUSSIA, THIS ROAD GETS US ON THE SHOW
>>No. 20068
>>20066
Ah, I see. I apologies for my ignorance and arrogance, and also hope to see the gracious Soviet Anon to appear too.

Writing after the game finishes.
>>No. 20069
File 122631493695.jpg - (186.99KB, 600x600, ce5c7c517c3fac46b71fc0a193135725.jpg) [iqdb]
20069
[X] Frown at her. "Yukari Yakumo says 'hi~' comrade. Where is the little oni petrushka?"

====================

This is not what you've want to face when you finally return to the shrine, and right now you're not really in the mood to argue. There are still work to be done, preparations to be completed, and little oni to please and tell your safe arrival. Quietly, you frown at the shrine maiden, who frowns back with the same intensity.

"Yukari Yakumo says 'hi~' comrade." You say plainly, catching the look of surprise of Reimu that just as quickly turns into a sigh. You pay it no mind. "Where is the little oni petrushka?"

Reimu peers at you for a few seconds before huffing and point towards the general direction of the front porch of the shrine building, she soon begin to walk past you, mumbling something as she do so. You begin your own track towards your destination when you hear her calling back.

"Oh yeah, that tengu reporter came earlier, asking around for you. I'd suggest you hide away from her for awhile, I have enough trouble dealing with you and whatever you're doing as it is, I don't need another scandal going around. Which reminds me, if you're actually planning something with that puppeteer Alice I suggest you do it somewhere else. This shrine isn't a playground, okay?"

You stop to listen if she has anything else to say, and when she clearly doesn't you answer with a muffled grunt and continues on your way. It's your freedom to do what you want, at least she is kind enough to use the word 'suggest' instead of ordering you, which most definitely won't seat well with your ideals.

The shrine maiden, not receiving any concrete response from you, just sighs and walks off on her own.

--------------------

After a little bit of walking and getting lost, you finally arrive at the, what's it called again? Torii, is it? Well, it doesn't matter, it's a large architectural piece with two red columns supporting another few, shorter ones on top. It's somewhere comparatively near the stone steps leading to the shrine more than where the donation box is, and it is there you find the horned girl, Suika, seating with someone else, someone in a traditional western witch getup which consist mostly of black and white materials. A broom lies next to the witch-girl, who you can't really see clearly at your position.

You give it a guess that it's the escapee from the mansion you've visited earlier in the day.

The witch is apparently trying to cheer Suika up, though quite unsuccessfully you will have to admit. The oni is drinking gulp after gulp of alcohol from her gourd with the unending supply, and doesn't seem to be caring about anything else. The pinkish area around her eyes suggest some major water-works, and you feel a pang of guilt for most likely being the cause of this unenjoyable experience.

They don't like they have noticed you yet, though Cirno who's still clutching onto your head had certainly noticed them. She's detaching herself from you and is slowly fluttering towards the two.

Hmm...



[] Stop Cirno, do something (write-in goes here)
[] Don't stop Cirno, let her approach the girls first.
[] (Complete write-in goes here)

====================

>>20054
>Blame Yukari

Naturally.

>>20055
>Nobody likes Alice
Quite unfortunate, though I guess Scorn and Norseman could provide comfort for the Alicefags.

>>20067
>IN SOVIET RUSSIA, THIS ROAD GETS US ON THE SHOW

The road now is flat and easy to travel, wait till you hit the country roads, THEN you'll have a good show~

Creative crisis limits on what I could think up on, and the rather late night doesn't help the case. I apologies for this short update for a few days worth of wait, but I'm getting a bit tired from the day.

Once again, I apologies for my tardiness.
>>No. 20070
{X} Approach the girls together with Cirno.
>>No. 20073
[x] Don't stop Cirno, let her approach the girls first.
[x] Whenever Suika notices you: "Why do you mourn, comrade? So long as a single person holds a place for justice in his heart, the Revolution can never die."
[x] "It seems the Red-White is less than enthusiastic about her own Party. Do you know any way to have her join in the festive spirit?"
>>No. 20091
[x] Don't stop Cirno, let her approach the girls first.
[x] Whenever Suika notices you: "Why do you mourn, comrade? So long as a single person holds a place for justice in his heart, the Revolution can never die."
[x] "It seems the Red-White is less than enthusiastic about her own Party. Do you know any way to have her join in the festive spirit?"
>>No. 20110
[x] Don't stop Cirno, let her approach the girls first.
[x] Whenever Suika notices you: "Why do you mourn, comrade? So long as a single person holds a place for justice in his heart, the Revolution can never die."
[x] "It seems the Red-White is less than enthusiastic about her own Party. Do you know any way to have her join in the festive spirit?"
>>No. 20136
update
>>No. 20160
[X] Stop Cirno
[X] Sit next to Suika: "Why do you mourn, comrade? So long as a single person holds a place for justice in his heart, the Revolution can never die."
[X] "It seems the Red-White is less than enthusiastic about her own Party. Do you know any way to have her join in the festive spirit?"
>>No. 20183
File 12273099276.jpg - (104.28KB, 1024x768, forcechoke.jpg) [iqdb]
20183
>>No. 20219
File 122761685816.jpg - (144.37KB, 1920x1200, 1213762044690.jpg) [iqdb]
20219
Sorry guys, wait till Friday, exams are gone by then.

In the mean time, have a sparked planet.
>>No. 20222
>>20219
Hmm, well....


At least we know you aren't dead now.
>>No. 20223
File 122767279773.jpg - (290.00KB, 1920x1200, 1225685695138.jpg) [iqdb]
20223
>>20219

>In the mean time, have a SHOOPED planet.
>>No. 20226
>>20219

IT'S FRIDAY PAPERBOY, YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE UPDATES, WHERE ARE THE UPDATES?
>>No. 20228
>>20226
Devoured by maids. Will get to writing once the game finishes.

By the way
>>20223
Do you have the original one? I lost it during a disk cleaning and the Marisa SHOOP is the one that's left.
>>No. 20229
Forget that, lies, all of them. Too tired right now and the update's only a quarter done, will finish it tomorrow morning.
>>No. 20245
>>20229

WELL?
WHERE ARE THE UPDATES?

Sacchin misses us....
>>No. 20246
>>20245
Who?
>>No. 20247
>>20246
I chuckle'd. 7/10.
>>No. 20250
File 122812546195.jpg - (93.98KB, 600x600, 4a894bc23e380000e8b3f61165de653e.jpg) [iqdb]
20250
>>20245
Here you go, but no Sacchin just yet~

>>20246
I, too, chuckled at that.

[x] Don't stop Cirno, let her approach the girls first.
[x] Whenever Suika notices you: "Why do you mourn, comrade? So long as a single person holds a place for justice in his heart, the Revolution can never die."
[x] "It seems the Red-White is less than enthusiastic about her own Party. Do you know any way to have her join in the festive spirit?"

====================

You decide against stopping the ice fairy from approaching the two girls seating on the stone steps of the Hakurei Shrine, reasoning with yourself that another original inhabitant of Gensokyo may help in comforting the mournful oni. Suika, she was once so prideful, cheerful and confident, yet now she looks so small, so powerless, insecure and defeated it pains you more than your injuries. You don't want to see her sad, you don't want to see anyone sad. You don't want to see her cry tears of sorrow, nor anyone else. The only tear in this world should've been one of joy, of happiness, of elation at the success of ones hard work than this...this abysmal variation that will darken even the brightest star human sees.

The Revolution, it must continue. For the sake of Gensokyo's future, for the sake of the people's lives, for the sake of the happiness of these girls you've come to know and befriend. Once, you have believed in the greatness of Communism purely out of the love for your country and the promised equality to all people, you believe it from the bottom of your soul, even to the point of forcing yourself into greater dangers and risks, without too much a care on your methods. Yet always, deep down you felt somehow...empty, as if your true purpose still leaves to be found, you use to push it away, convincing yourself what you do is for the greater good of humanity, that it is right, that it is what a member of a rightful society should follow. But as always the emptiness surfaces from time to time, seemingly mocking you and your ideals. You have once think that you have found your purpose, that you have fill that emptiness by being thrown into Gensokyo and start the spread of Communism, but it seems you're just too preoccupied by the numerous things that happens around you to notice its presence.

Watching Suika from this distance, feeling what you feel right now, you realise that you've always lacked a real reason. You may believe in Communism, you may believe you have been tasked to spread it throughout Gensokyo, but never have you find the answer of why you should be doing this, why couldn't someone else take your place while you act only as a follower, until now. Now you know, now you find that purpose for yourself, now you can truly fill the hole of emptiness that plagued you and your actions. You work for Communism not only for the future of the people of Gensokyo as a whole, but to bring smiles to the people, to remove sadness from human lives. You want people to be happy, and that is why you always strive forward, even if your life is at risk, even if you foresee the pain and burden you shall bear.

Slowly, you approach the three, each step ringing in your ears as if to signify the true beginning of your long journey. Today is truly and extraordinary day, you feel, for what transpired and what you've discovered. The distance between you and them closing, snippets of their rather one-sided conversation slips into your hearing. Suika doesn't seem to have notice you yet, though you are sure that will soon change, for better or worse.

"Come on Suika! That funny smell is so heavy I'm going to get sick! Stop drinking!" Cirno says with a tiny pout.

"That brat, surprisingly, do have a point for once, even if for the wrong reason." The witch says next, trying to wrench the gourd from Suika's hands without an inch of success. "You drank too much, drop it ze~" She tries to remove the alcohol container from the oni again, this time attempting through prying Suika's fingers off it. She isn't making any progress. Suika, who is drinking for long enough that you would've started questioning if she needs to breath or not in a more light-hearted atmosphere, spares a glazed glance at the Black-White before finally ceasing the mindless consumption of alcohol in preference for some words.

"He died because I'm an idiot. He died because I'm too hyped that I forgot he's just a normal human!" Suika wails, snatching her gourd back from the witch, who decide to take it away for obvious reasons. She takes another mouthful. "He died because of me! I thought I finally found a friend who, you know, drinks a lot like me! He makes these weird speeches, and he do weird things like starting a party out of nowhere, and drinks something so much stronger than sake. And I killed him, dropped him chasing you and didn't even know until I caught you! I killed him! Because of me he..."

"Damn it! Stop yammering! You're giving me a headache!" Cirno burst out loud all of a sudden, interrupting Suika's depressing rant, who just glares mournfully at the ice fairy. "I bet even big guy over there is so annoyed, he's coming because he wanna shut you up!" The fairy finishes with a finger pointing at you, with an addition of an incoming icicle that you dodge with reflex of a true fighter pilot, as you stop just a few steps behind Suika. The oni, with the witch, turns to look at the direction Cirno's pointing at, and subsequently, you.

The shrine ground has never been so silent for the short amount of time you've been here. The tension in the air so thick and heavy you can almost taste it, an uncomfortable yet necessary silence. It is not yours to break.

(Part two coming...)
>>No. 20251
File 122812558299.jpg - (297.40KB, 720x960, bf15b305535f8ea9cc64e63720af7a4d.jpg) [iqdb]
20251
"Alek...?"

And after an untold millennia of deafening soundlessness, which in fact last no more than a third of a minute, Suika the oni, the little girl whose company you've come to enjoy, breaks that silence in a way so unexplainably loud that it seems like a rifle firing next to your ears. Her eyes holds the swirling mass of emotions she feels, confusion, disbelieve, regret and perhaps a request for forgiveness. Yet most clear of all, mourning, for the death of a friend.

You can dispel it, the mourning, for you are alive and standing, right in front of her.

"Alek...is that really you?" She asks, her voice conveying silently a desperate hope. "Are you really..." She starts, then trails off into another bout of silence.

"Why do you mourn, comrade?" You, accustomed to the pleasing roars of plane engines and roaring explosions of guns and bombs, can stand this silence no more, even if your mind protest against your decisions to speak. "So long as a single person holds a place for justice in his heart, the Revolution can never die."

"Eh? Who's this guy? The one you're sulking all over the place for?" The Black-White cuts in, asking with a tone that indicates something more than pure curiosity. "He doesn't look like much to me ze~"

"That flask, and that stupid speech-talking...you really are Alek, right?" As if she can't hear a thing the witch said, and the meaning in yours for that matter, Suika stands with a wobble, her eyes now reflecting a gleam of light of the dying sun stares at you intently, that desperate hope even clearer now as she tries to reach you with her small hands, shakily finding and clutching the palm of yours. Every second she spend pressing her soft fingers onto your hand, every second she tugs on a piece of cloth you wear, her sight shines brighter the reflection from the setting ball of flame that hangs up in space, a region even higher than the skies. And when her eyes can hold back the brimming liquid no more, traces of tears running down her cheek, she stumbles forward once more and encircles you in a fierce hug, no longer holding back and crying fully into your tattered shirt. "Alek, you're alive! You're alive! Alek! Alek!"

Calmly, with a gentle smile, you place your hand on her head and hold her closer to you, promising with it that she could cry all she wants, until she's satisfied and returns to her cheerful self.

"So that's it huh? I thought it's weird for her to mop around like this ze~" The witch, who's now standing next to the two of you, speaks with a rather cheery tone than the concerned one she shown earlier. She's also beginning to slowly eying you with curiosity, a grin growing by the milliseconds. "Care to explain? How far are you two in this~?"

The ice fairy is nowhere to be seen.



[] Deny her claims fervently, this is an insult to both you and Suika.
[] Deny her claims calmly, she will surely understand the mistake in her view.
[] Don't deny her claim, ask Suika on the subject matter.
[] Don't deny her claim, answer the question yourself. (Input on the answer given.)
[] Ignore her, you're in no mood for this.
[] Write in?

====================

Currently on hold:
[x] "It seems the Red-White is less than enthusiastic about her own Party. Do you know any way to have her join in the festive spirit?"
>>No. 20255
[x] "No part of the river Volga is deep enough for just comparison to our entwining fates, comrade. We are brother and sister if not by the blood we were born with, then by the blood we will yet shed for the future of this land."
[x] "And while I must admit that the fall took me unawares, serendipity found us with yet more potential members for the Party."
[x] "Speaking of which..." Continue hugging Suika, but introduce yourself to the black-white.

Marisa will be a key player in the development of Soviet Gensokyo's space program.
>>No. 20256
Communist Suika route!

[x] "No part of the river Volga is deep enough for just comparison to our entwining fates, comrade. We are brother and sister if not by the blood we were born with, then by the blood we will yet shed for the future of this land."
[x] "And while I must admit that the fall took me unawares, serendipity found us with yet more potential members for the Party."
[x] "Speaking of which..." Continue hugging Suika, but introduce yourself to the black-white.
>>No. 20278
[x] "No part of the river Volga is deep enough for just comparison to our entwining fates, comrade. We are brother and sister if not by the blood we were born with, then by the blood we will yet shed for the future of this land."
[x] "And while I must admit that the fall took me unawares, serendipity found us with yet more potential members for the Party."
[x] "Speaking of which..." Continue hugging Suika, but introduce yourself to the black-white.
>>No. 20279
[X] "No part of the river Volga is deep enough for just comparison to our entwining fates, comrade. We are brother and sister if not by the blood we were born with, then by the blood we will yet shed for the future of this land."
[X] "And while I must admit that the fall took me unawares, serendipity found us with yet more potential members for the Party."
[X] "Speaking of which..." Continue hugging Suika, but introduce yourself to the black-white.

The brilliant Anon strikes again!
>>No. 20282
This was a triumph, PaperBoy.

[☭] "No part of the river Volga is deep enough for just comparison to our entwining fates, comrade. We are brother and sister if not by the blood we were born with, then by the blood we will yet shed for the future of this land."
[☭] "And while I must admit that the fall took me unawares, serendipity found us with yet more potential members for the Party."
[☭] "Speaking of which..." Continue hugging Suika, but introduce yourself to the black-white.
>>No. 20283
>>20251
>"Alek, you're alive! You're alive! Alek! Alek!"

I teared up. May not sound like much, but for me, that's a hell of a lot. Applause, applause, applause.

[☭] "No part of the river Volga is deep enough for just comparison to our entwining fates, comrade. We are brother and sister if not by the blood we were born with, then by the blood we will yet shed for the future of this land."
[☭] "And while I must admit that the fall took me unawares, serendipity found us with yet more potential members for the Party."
[☭] "Speaking of which..." Continue hugging Suika, but introduce yourself to the black-white.
>>No. 20289
I downloaded one of the Russian Red Army Choir albums. I think I'm going to listen to that while reading this story, from now on.
>>No. 20290
[ODIN] "No part of the river Volga is deep enough for just comparison to our entwining fates, comrade. We are brother and sister if not by the blood we were born with, then by the blood we will yet shed for the future of this land."
[ODIN] "And while I must admit that the fall took me unawares, serendipity found us with yet more potential members for the Party."
[ODIN] "Speaking of which..." Continue hugging Suika, but introduce yourself to the black-white.

That was fantastic. Suika route do want.
>>No. 20297
File 122826716945.jpg - (517.86KB, 1290x1821, 1228266380632.jpg) [iqdb]
20297
>>No. 20377
Gah, another week has passed and STILL no updates.

I'm starting to think you don't like us, PaperBoy...
>>No. 20380
>>20377

Oh, no, don't get me wrong, it's just me taking it easy with the updates. Plus, it's my cousin's wedding day today, so I had to be off for the whole day.

Wait a few more hours, I'll get to writing after the bachelor party, if I'm still sober enough to be coherent in writing.
>>No. 20381
>>20380

Ah, a wedding. Those are always fun.

I guess we can wait a little longer then...
>>No. 20524
This update is resisting, which seems to be happening quite frequently these days for some reason. Has anyone got any good ways to stimulate thoughts and imagination? This inability to formulate a good scene is getting rather frustrating.
>>No. 20525
>>20524

Drugs?
>>No. 20527
>>20524

Tiredness and browsing images do it for me. The ideas can be more than a little weird at times, to be sure, but it can help unclog the mental spigot. Just have to watch out for dozing off while brainstorming.
>>No. 20531
>>20524

First, take it easy. If you begin to feel obliged to update, it's the first step on a steep path to hell. And to tumble down and break a leg would be very easy then.

Relax, try to take a break. Don't let the story bother you for a little while. Play vidya, preferably something immersing. A cRPG would do, I think, if you're into them. Watch animu, if you like it. In other words, do something unrelated to the story.

And then, in the evening, lay down on your bed and think. For me, it's easier to come up with stuff just before falling asleep. 'tis something related to brain waves switching from beta to alpha frequencies easily, thus allowing you to think more efficiently. Don't ask about the detail, I don't give a damn, I'm not into parapsychology, or at least not anymore. I just know it works. Of course, I cannot guarantee it will have the same blessing effect on your mind as it has on mine, but it's worth a try.
>>No. 20560
>>20531
This should be required reading for any current or would-be writefags. Sure as fuck beats learning it the hard way.
>>No. 20583
File 122882590540.jpg - (84.32KB, 800x662, 1228630174515.jpg) [iqdb]
20583
>>20525

Does panadol count?

>>20527

Interesting, but not having much success for me over here.

>>20531

Actually, I do find my mind more active on the creative side before falling asleep, though unfortunately I tend to think about stupid shits I last read on the internet, and since I don't read my own stuff, I never did get to think about how to move the story forward in the communal spirit. Still, thanks for the advice, I do actively take it easy on most of the things I do, and nothing really stays on my mind for more than two to three hours. I suppose that's one of the problems with my writing speed, but feeling obliged or not, I don't leave things undone. It's either start and finish, or don't start it at all for me. Cheers, YAF, you've helped me a lot you know, even if I don't look like I give a shit about them.

Well, I'll give it another shot, and see if I can get that block out of the way. Hell, I'll force my way through by gluing myself onto the chair and fucking stay seated on it until I churned that update out if I have to. 11:30 pm? I'll stay up to five if I have to.

tl;dr,
Going to start typing that son of a bitch out and blast that mental block with a nova cannon.

Pic unrelated, I think.
>>No. 20589
[X] "No part of the river Volga is deep enough for just comparison to our entwining fates, comrade. We are brother and sister if not by the blood we were born with, then by the blood we will yet shed for the future of this land."
[X] "And while I must admit that the fall took me unawares, serendipity found us with yet more potential members for the Party."
[X] "Speaking of which..." Continue hugging Suika, but introduce yourself to the black-white.

====================

The black-white's inquiry brings in an interesting, and quite serious, question that you've overlooked in the wake of the numerous events that transpired today. In a little over a day and a half, you have become close with the girl you currently embraces, create a bond that long surpassed simple friendship. Yet what that bond is, you find it hard to pin-point it exactly. What is Suika to you, you ask yourself, and in doing so you find that there exists not a single, unchallenged answer, but a swarm of uncertain ones, ones that are backed by a variety of different emotions a human feels. You find yourself asking, if you see her as merely as a trusted brother-in-arms in the Revolution, or something else, such as one of your siblings, or as your daughter, or even a potential significant other. Yet in the end, you cannot truly draw an absolute conclusion to this seemingly simple answer.

Yet whatever it may be, there is one certain fact that you know, that is undeniably the truth. The bond you share with the oni is nothing common, it's special and deeply rooted. You know you will lay down your life if it meant her continued living, and believe with your soul that she will do the same. Fated it is for you to arrive in this mystical place, shown by the myriads of events you encounter in this short amount of time, and so it must be fated that this bond be forged, and eventually be clear on its essence. For now, knowing that is enough.

Taking a bit of time to reorganise your rampaging thoughts, you turn your attention towards the witch, though never letting Suika be out of your sight and mind for a single moment. "No part of the river Volga is deep enough for just comparison to our entwining fates, comrade." You say, tightening slightly your hold on the girl in your arms. The blonde merely looks amused, though a hint of seriousness surfaces briefly. "We are brother and sister if not by the blood we were born with, then by the blood we will yet shed for the future of this land." A grim look replaces what you display before, as you reaffirm to your own self the fact that bloodshed is unavoidable. Revolutions, whatever its nature may be, always bring about violence and destruction. It is the aftermath, of how things are going to be rebuilt and of how people are going to be looked after that shows the worth of that revolution. You wish you could place your faith on a peaceful resolution through this 'danmaku' system, but history have mostly quoted that as wishful thinking.

The only thing you could do to minimise the incoming bloodshed will be to have a stronger influence, a stronger sway over people's thoughts before the inevitable counter-attack of the capitalists and their supporters. A stronger presence, a stronger force, a stronger Party to lead the people. Only through such measures will you be able to crush the resisting capitalists and end the conflict as soon as possible. Presence is shown by available forces, who are in turn lead by the Party. Therefore a stronger Party, with more influencing members, is the key to the success of the Revolution in the least violent way. This is what you've been doing since you've figured out your purpose, and this is what you'll keep on doing until the time is ready. You already found a few possible candidates.

"And while I must admit that the fall took me unawares, serendipity found us with yet more potential members for the Party." You say after awhile, to which the black-white perks up upon hearing.

"Wait, wait, wait! What do you mean a party? Why don't I know anything about this?!" She speaks in excitement, her eyes gaining a bright spark at the mention of a party. Though you're certain the meaning behind the word is different for the both of you, it is in context the same thing. Your objective is to strengthen the Party through this approaching party, your guests are there to enjoy a party and potentially become a Party member. It's a tad bit amusing, really, for you find many opportunities, and no doubt many mores, through the wonders of double meanings. A double entendre, as the European says.

"Geez, if I knew something fun's gonna happen I would've brought my stash ze~! They're awesome you know, presents from Kourin, 'great for parties' he says!" The witch exclaims, soon hoping onto her broom and...floats in midair. You're not sure if you should be relieved or not, but you find yourself unsurprised by such things happening now. "Heck, I'll go and get them now; you don't find many chances for parties nowadays ya know! Wait here ze~!"

A thought come across you, and you halts her before the black-white could zoom off to wherever she's heading to. "Please wait a moment, I have an inquiry." You say as you remove a hand from hugging Suika, who have now stop crying and instead enjoying the occasion, and place it on a free part of the broom, holding it in place. "It seems the Red-White is less than enthusiastic about her own Party. Do you have any way to have her join in the festive spirit?"

"Oh, and, speaking of which, Aleksandr Vassiljevitj Ivanov is my name, comrade. Lieutenant of Aviation be my rank, though it seems its need had expired since my arrival in this land of wonders." You remove your hand from the broom, the rider no longer seeming to shoot off in any given moment and instead focuses her attention at you and your words. "What, if I may ask, be your name? For I do appreciate to know the title of a comrade in the coming Revolution."

The blonde witch, instead of answering you immediately, looks at you with a thoughtful expression. You cannot determine what she may be thinking, though you can feel, however, a wisdom she doesn't seem to possess from first glance emanating from her expression and the slightly altered posture. "Hmm, you know, I AM a magician, and not a shut in like Alice. So I do understand things better. It's not that simple is it, this party?" She questions with quite a large smile, rather unnervingly. Yet before you can answer she continues on her own. "Well, whatever. A party is still a party, so that booze is still gonna be there. And it's not like you won't find out soon anyway, so yeah, Marisa Kirisame, the most awesome magician ever, is me! I'll be keeping an eye on ya, so no funny stuff with Suika, because I'll know ze~"

And, with that, she takes off before you could say another word, flying into the sea of trees of the Forest of Magic and out of sight in a blink of an eye.

"Hey, Alek, what does Marisa mean by funny stuff?"

A certain voice brings you back to your surroundings, with Suika looking up at you with an innocently confused stare.

With the combination of the numerous work to do to prepare the Party, the slightly worrisome words of Marisa the witch and now one of the top 'dreaded questions of all times', you can feel the large load of oncoming troubles ahead.



[] Birds and bees, she's still too young...even if she's technically older than you.
[] Divert attention; this is not the time for this kind of things. (Course of action?)
[] Total facts, she's old enough to know these things...right?
[] Write-in goes here

====================

Okay, so here's the update. Crash and burn, this is the result. Not especially satisfied with this one, since I couldn't figure out a suitable resolution for more Suika, and felt that I've failed characterization of the characters in this update. Still, this is the first step towards getting back on track, so hopefully you find some enjoyment from this instalment. For now, I retire for bed.
>>No. 20594
You've outdone yourself with this one, Paperboy.

[x] "Alas, I am still but a stranger in this land. You'll have to ask the witch what she meant when she returns."
[x] Divert attention; this is not the time for this kind of things.
- [x] You can't have a Red-White Party without a Red-White. Maybe she'll become more spirited once you get some alcohol in her?
>>No. 20631
>update
SQUAD MORALE RESTORED

[X] "Alas, I am still but a stranger in this land. You'll have to ask the witch what she meant when she returns."
[X] Divert attention; this is not the time for this kind of things.
- [X] You can't have a Red-White Party without a Red-White. Maybe she'll become more spirited once you get some alcohol in her?
>>No. 20632
[x] "Alas, I am still but a stranger in this land. You'll have to ask the witch what she meant when she returns."
[x] Divert attention; this is not the time for this kind of things.
- [x] You can't have a Red-White Party without a Red-White. Maybe she'll become more spirited once you get some alcohol in her?
>>No. 20633
[X] "Alas, I am still but a stranger in this land. You'll have to ask the witch what she meant when she returns."
[X] Divert attention; this is not the time for this kind of things.
- [X] You can't have a Red-White Party without a Red-White. Maybe she'll become more spirited once you get some alcohol in her?
>>No. 20634
So, we're leaving Suika's sexual education in the hands of "Girl in Every Port" Marisa?

...makes sense to me!

[X] "Alas, I am still but a stranger in this land. You'll have to ask the witch what she meant when she returns."
[X] Divert attention; this is not the time for this kind of things.
- [X] You can't have a Red-White Party without a Red-White. Maybe she'll become more spirited once you get some alcohol in her?
>>No. 20656
>>20634
>So, we're leaving Suika's sexual education in the hands of "Girl in Every Port" Marisa?
And from this learning experience, Suika shall develop her own style, which involves plying girls with alcohol getting to get them thoroughly drunk before having her way with them, called "Port in Every Girl."

(I suppose it'd be sake, not port, but still.)
>>No. 20875
Stop beating yourself up and write moar. I need my Soviet goodness.
>>No. 20893
>>20875
Sorry, but I kind of lost the motivation to write after my end of year school report arrived and gave me a faceful of failure. It is warning, and a lesson. Now I knew I should've spent more time completing my homework than playing games and what not, oh well...still, I'm now trying to forget about the fail through wasting time doing essentially nothing, but I guess I'll try and make an effort to resume writing shortly.
>>No. 20908
>>20893
>but I guess I'll try and make an effort to resume writing shortly

hooray!
>>No. 21064
File 123009916660.jpg - (86.62KB, 649x744, eab60783a086fdef05c49083488918b7.jpg) [iqdb]
21064
[X] "Alas, I am still but a stranger in this land. You'll have to ask the witch what she meant when she returns."
[X] Divert attention; this is not the time for this kind of things.
- [X] You can't have a Red-White Party without a Red-White. Maybe she'll become more spirited once you get some alcohol in her?

====================

Then again, it might not be your responsibility to even have to deal with this. The witch Marisa is the one who spark the question, so the responsibility is on her rather than you. Further more, while you've instinctively brand the question as 'that kind', you cannot say for sure just yet about its true nature, for the witch could've mean something entirely different and as such the answer will not be the same.

So in any way you look at it, you don't have the obligation to be the one explaining to Suika. Now if only you can find an excuse to cover yourself, something convenient but believable, then you're free from the potential trouble and possible awkwardness brought on by answering. What excuse though...may be something like...you being an Outsider, a stranger perhaps? It is an undeniable truth, and also works through cultural difference between the Motherland and Gensokyo, wherever this 'pocket-space' called Gensokyo really is.

At least, you know it's not within the Motherland, or even Europe, for the difference between cultures is just too large for it to be possible. But other than that, you don't really have much of a clue about the origins of Gensokyo. Nevertheless, time to get yourself away from this situation.

"Alas, I am still but a stranger in this land. You'll have to ask the witch what she meant when she returns." You say with a light pat on the oni's head. Suika pouts at the fact that she's not getting answers, but still nods and drops the subject, though you can still see that she's rather bothered by the question.

You'll have to find a way to distract her then, it seems. Anything to move her attention away, or she might come back and ask you again...

"Say, Suika?" Lightly you speak to the girl, who breaks the hug off and looks at you inquisitively in silence. Treating her quietness as a sign to go on, you lay your own inquiry down. "What good ways do you know which will inspire the shrine maiden into action? A Red-White Party cannot be without a Red-White after all."

The oni ponders on for a few moments, occasionally bringing her gourd up for a quick sip. It is during one of those sips that an idea strikes you like a thunderbolt.

Alcohol.

You've seen for yourself many times back in Mother Russia how alcohol affects people, and experienced a few times first-hand the effects it has on you personally. If the people here experiences similar effects, then it just might be worth a try. With a joyous smile you ruffle Suika's hair. "Thank you, Suika, for what you've given to me."

"Huh?" Suika mutters in utter confusion. "What do you mean? I didn't say anything..."

"But an answer you have shared, and for that I must offer my appreciation." You say, taking her hand into yours. "Now come, we must be readied for the coming Party."

The girl continues to stare at you in confusion for moments longer, then smiles brightly and nods as the two of you make your way into the shrine building.

====================

An hour later, and the preparation is complete. The sun is almost gone for the evening; its only hint of natural existence is a sky of violet hue paint from the failing light of its brilliance. As you done a fresh set clothes after a quick shower, you noticed that there seems to be some sound coming from the main building. Looks like the guests are starting to arrive.

Walking out purposefully, you make your way into the shrine. You do, however, stop in confusion when you're in. You're quite certain it isn't this spacious before...

"Aha, Alek! Yer 'ere!" A slightly...or fairly, inebriated Reimu steps up to you, pulling you wobbly towards the centre, where a raised platform stands. A closer inspection reveals that it's the tea table. Oh good, you know what's coming next. "Come on, say yer-eh...wha's it called again...uh, just do yer thin'!" The Red-White pushes you up the pedestals before you have a chance to take in the surroundings, you do see Suika talking to a girl in blues with a green cap though, and at least the guests seems to be all here. In fact, you're sure there are more than you've invited...that blue girl, for instance.



[] Poke fun at Reimu, she won't mind.
[] A manly speech is in order, do it! (Say your piece here)
[] Decline and observe, you need some time to clear things up.
[] (Total write-in)

====================

Finally updates~
>>No. 21065
[X] Manly, inspiring speech
[X] (insert vote for Comrade Anon's AWESOME write in here)
[X] ask Suika or Raymoo about the one in blue
>>No. 21077
>>21064
>The witch Marisa is the one who spark the question

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

[☭] "Hello, everyone. I am Aleksandr Vassiljevitj Ivanov, the catalyst of sorts for this little excuse to inebriate ourselves. I have come a very long way from my homeland, so just before we follow Miss Hakurei into the realm of pleasant stupor, I want to say a few words, and maybe come tomorrow morning you'll have something to take away from this, besides the hangover.
"Right now, I have your attention, and you've blocked out the various noises that are always around you, the chirping of birds, the buzzing of insects, the sound of your heartbeat and your breath. But why? What makes me deserving of your interest, more than a fly or frog? No matter how powerful, strong, or wise you are, I posit that, unlike with the plant or the animal, you recognize the existence of those around you right as something similar, something special, and deserving of your attention. You empathize.
"It has been raised sometimes, that that which separates us from the beast is the concept of self-awareness. I disagree. I believe what sets us apart from the beast is in fact the opposite: other-awareness. The idea of something deserving of our attention other than our own base need to sate thirst and hunger.
"At the heart, this is Communism: The ability to seek benefit for not just the self, but the community which the self is a part of. It is the recognition that we are not alone in this world, and that we are not islands. In the spirit of community, I suggest that tonight you let the bottle touch only the glasses of those around you, and I think you will find that your own cup runs over without your attention.
"So fellow laborers of Gensokyo, welcome to the Party! It is time to roll up our sleeves and get to work, and maybe after a few glasses of work, we will get paid, in the brain."
>>No. 21078
File 123014934835.jpg - (102.22KB, 474x616, bralds_marx-s (2).jpg) [iqdb]
21078
[ODIN] (Comrade Anon's write-in)

Soviet Anon is truly empowered by the spirit of Karl Marx, returned to progress the dialectic of history. Ever onwards it marches, crushing fascism and capitalism beneath the iron tracks of Communist might.
>>No. 21080
[☭] "Hello, everyone. I am Aleksandr Vassiljevitj Ivanov, the catalyst of sorts for this little excuse to inebriate ourselves. I have come a very long way from my homeland, so just before we follow Miss Hakurei into the realm of pleasant stupor, I want to say a few words, and maybe come tomorrow morning you'll have something to take away from this, besides the hangover.
"Right now, I have your attention, and you've blocked out the various noises that are always around you, the chirping of birds, the buzzing of insects, the sound of your heartbeat and your breath. But why? What makes me deserving of your interest, more than a fly or frog? No matter how powerful, strong, or wise you are, I posit that, unlike with the plant or the animal, you recognize the existence of those around you right as something similar, something special, and deserving of your attention. You empathize.
"It has been raised sometimes, that that which separates us from the beast is the concept of self-awareness. I disagree. I believe what sets us apart from the beast is in fact the opposite: other-awareness. The idea of something deserving of our attention other than our own base need to sate thirst and hunger.
"At the heart, this is Communism: The ability to seek benefit for not just the self, but the community which the self is a part of. It is the recognition that we are not alone in this world, and that we are not islands. In the spirit of community, I suggest that tonight you let the bottle touch only the glasses of those around you, and I think you will find that your own cup runs over without your attention.
"So fellow laborers of Gensokyo, welcome to the Party! It is time to roll up our sleeves and get to work, and maybe after a few glasses of work, we will get paid, in the brain."

God. I love this story and I love its voters.
>>No. 21082
[☭] "Hello, everyone. I am Aleksandr Vassiljevitj Ivanov, the catalyst of sorts for this little excuse to inebriate ourselves. I have come a very long way from my homeland, so just before we follow Miss Hakurei into the realm of pleasant stupor, I want to say a few words, and maybe come tomorrow morning you'll have something to take away from this, besides the hangover.
"Right now, I have your attention, and you've blocked out the various noises that are always around you, the chirping of birds, the buzzing of insects, the sound of your heartbeat and your breath. But why? What makes me deserving of your interest, more than a fly or frog? No matter how powerful, strong, or wise you are, I posit that, unlike with the plant or the animal, you recognize the existence of those around you right as something similar, something special, and deserving of your attention. You empathize.
"It has been raised sometimes, that that which separates us from the beast is the concept of self-awareness. I disagree. I believe what sets us apart from the beast is in fact the opposite: other-awareness. The idea of something deserving of our attention other than our own base need to sate thirst and hunger.
"At the heart, this is Communism: The ability to seek benefit for not just the self, but the community which the self is a part of. It is the recognition that we are not alone in this world, and that we are not islands. In the spirit of community, I suggest that tonight you let the bottle touch only the glasses of those around you, and I think you will find that your own cup runs over without your attention.
"So fellow laborers of Gensokyo, welcome to the Party! It is time to roll up our sleeves and get to work, and maybe after a few glasses of work, we will get paid, in the brain."
>>No. 21084
Merry Workers' Holiday, PaperBoy!
>>No. 21085
[x] "Hello, everyone. I am Aleksandr Vassiljevitj Ivanov, the catalyst of sorts for this little excuse to inebriate ourselves. I have come a very long way from my homeland, so just before we follow Miss Hakurei into the realm of pleasant stupor, I want to say a few words, and maybe come tomorrow morning you'll have something to take away from this, besides the hangover.
"Right now, I have your attention, and you've blocked out the various noises that are always around you, the chirping of birds, the buzzing of insects, the sound of your heartbeat and your breath. But why? What makes me deserving of your interest, more than a fly or frog? No matter how powerful, strong, or wise you are, I posit that, unlike with the plant or the animal, you recognize the existence of those around you right as something similar, something special, and deserving of your attention. You empathize.
"It has been raised sometimes, that that which separates us from the beast is the concept of self-awareness. I disagree. I believe what sets us apart from the beast is in fact the opposite: other-awareness. The idea of something deserving of our attention other than our own base need to sate thirst and hunger.
"At the heart, this is Communism: The ability to seek benefit for not just the self, but the community which the self is a part of. It is the recognition that we are not alone in this world, and that we are not islands. In the spirit of community, I suggest that tonight you let the bottle touch only the glasses of those around you, and I think you will find that your own cup runs over without your attention.
"So fellow laborers of Gensokyo, welcome to the Party! It is time to roll up our sleeves and get to work, and maybe after a few glasses of work, we will get paid, in the brain."
>>No. 21091
[☭] "Hello, everyone. I am Aleksandr Vassiljevitj Ivanov, the catalyst of sorts for this little excuse to inebriate ourselves. I have come a very long way from my homeland, so just before we follow Miss Hakurei into the realm of pleasant stupor, I want to say a few words, and maybe come tomorrow morning you'll have something to take away from this, besides the hangover.
"Right now, I have your attention, and you've blocked out the various noises that are always around you, the chirping of birds, the buzzing of insects, the sound of your heartbeat and your breath. But why? What makes me deserving of your interest, more than a fly or frog? No matter how powerful, strong, or wise you are, I posit that, unlike with the plant or the animal, you recognize the existence of those around you right as something similar, something special, and deserving of your attention. You empathize.
"It has been raised sometimes, that that which separates us from the beast is the concept of self-awareness. I disagree. I believe what sets us apart from the beast is in fact the opposite: other-awareness. The idea of something deserving of our attention other than our own base need to sate thirst and hunger.
"At the heart, this is Communism: The ability to seek benefit for not just the self, but the community of which the self is but a part. It is the recognition that we are not alone in this world, and that we are not islands. In the spirit of community, I suggest that tonight you let the bottle touch only the glasses of those around you, and I think you will find that your own cup runs over without your attention.
"So fellow laborers of Gensokyo, welcome to the Party! It is time to roll up our sleeves and get to work, and maybe after a few glasses of work, we will get paid, in the brain."

Full bottle in front of me~

Also, altered only slightly because seeing a sentence ended with a proposition makes my corneas ache... WITH VENGEANCE!
>>No. 21092
>>21091
>Also, altered only slightly because seeing a sentence ended with a proposition makes my corneas ache... WITH VENGEANCE!

I know, right? That is the sort of English up with which I cannot put.
>>No. 21110
File 123079685917.jpg - (63.57KB, 377x600, 17nu.jpg) [iqdb]
21110
>>21084
And a Merry Worker's Holiday to you comrade.

Foolishly attempting a board standard New Year update, let's see if it works out. Pic unrelated to the post, but rather the festive day that is today. The beginning of a bright new year.

[X] "Hello, everyone. I am Aleksandr Vassiljevitj Ivanov, the catalyst of sorts for this little excuse to inebriate ourselves. I have come a very long way from my homeland, so just before we follow Miss Hakurei into the realm of pleasant stupor, I want to say a few words, and maybe come tomorrow morning you'll have something to take away from this, besides the hangover.
"Right now, I have your attention, and you've blocked out the various noises that are always around you, the chirping of birds, the buzzing of insects, the sound of your heartbeat and your breath. But why? What makes me deserving of your interest, more than a fly or frog? No matter how powerful, strong, or wise you are, I posit that, unlike with the plant or the animal, you recognize the existence of those around you right as something similar, something special, and deserving of your attention. You empathize.
"It has been raised sometimes, that that which separates us from the beast is the concept of self-awareness. I disagree. I believe what sets us apart from the beast is in fact the opposite: other-awareness. The idea of something deserving of our attention other than our own base need to sate thirst and hunger.
"At the heart, this is Communism: The ability to seek benefit for not just the self, but the community of which the self is but a part. It is the recognition that we are not alone in this world, and that we are not islands. In the spirit of community, I suggest that tonight you let the bottle touch only the glasses of those around you, and I think you will find that your own cup runs over without your attention.
"So fellow labourers of Gensokyo, welcome to the Party! It is time to roll up our sleeves and get to work, and maybe after a few glasses of work, we will get paid, in the brain."

====================

Well, while you're slightly surprised by Reimu's drunken strength and activeness, you've nonetheless been preparing for this instance the moment the notion of forming the Party of Gensokyo is subtly suggested by Suika. Taking a moment to prepare yourself, you straighten up and take in a deep breath.

With a loud, clear and confident voice, you begin one of your most important speeches to date.

"Hello, everyone. I am Aleksandr Vassiljevitj Ivanov, the catalyst of sorts for this little excuse to inebriate ourselves." You say, hands doing a little flourish as you smile rakishly at the gathered crowd. All of their attention is now aimed at you, and some even chuckle at your words. With a swing of your arm you turn the audiences' attention to the shrine maiden. "I have come a very long way from my homeland, so just before we follow Miss Hakurei into the realm of pleasant stupor, I want to say a few words, and maybe come tomorrow morning you'll have something to take away from this, besides the hangover."

You earn a few more chuckles from the guests, as their eyes now focuses back onto you.

"Right now, I have your attention, and you've blocked out the various noises that are always around you," you state with a laugh, "the chirping of birds, the buzzing of insects, the sound of your heartbeat and your breath. But why? What makes me deserving of your interest, more than a fly or frog?"

Without a pause, you continue with a little more emotion place into your words, to strengthen your argument as you persuade the others through your way of thoughts. "No matter how powerful, strong, or wise you are, I posit that, unlike with the plant or the animal, you recognise the existence of those around you right as something similar, something special, and deserving of your attention. You empathise."

"It has been raised sometimes, that that which separates us from the beast is the concept of self-awareness." You bring up something you've heard sometime in the past from some of those Yanks, a small part of you reminiscing about the life you used to lead. "I disagree. I believe what sets us apart from the beast is in fact the opposite: other-awareness. The idea of something deserving of our attention other than our own base need to sate thirst and hunger."

This is it, you can see it, this is the moment.

"At the heart, this is Communism: The ability to seek benefit for not just the self, but the community of which the self is but a part. It is the recognition that we are not alone in this world, and that we are not islands." You meticulously controls the tone and volume of your voice throughout the sentence, bringing and manipulating with you the atmosphere and utter attention of your observers. Success here means you've made a gigantic leap towards your final goal, and in retrospect failure here will be a huge set back for the future plans of a perfectly balanced Gensokyo. Therefore, you must triumph here. "In the spirit of community, I suggest that tonight you let the bottle touch only the glasses of those around you, and I think you will find that your own cup runs over without your attention."

You see, within the people, the blue haired child of the mansion smiling in amusement, and an unfamiliar person in purple robes and glasses looking at you with an intense yet indecipherable expression. To the farther left of the hall, the golden-haired puppeteer and the equally blonde witch standing together, both beaming at you, though you're quite certain their reasons for doing so are rather different. Then, to their right, some heads behind the mistress of the red mansion stands Suika, her blue-loving friend and a girl with long flowing green hair in similar attire to Reimu, though with a different colour palette. The oni is smiling brightly and waving at you, while her friend offers you a small smile and an intense gaze of curiosity. The unfamiliar miko, however, is looking at you rather passively.

Continuing your scan, you notice the four friends from the forest in the right corner, with what you realise is the only other male in the whole room. The four of friends, other than the lady with the silly hat and the boyish looking girl, aren't really paying attention to you, but rather playing around by themselves, though you do see Cirno the fairy occasionally glancing at your direction. The man, the sole male other than you, is staring at you with curiosity similar to Suika's friend, though not as intense and is standing rather relaxed for the occasion. Then again, perhaps being relaxed is a good sign. After all, a party aims to please and help people relax.

=====Second part coming~=====
>>No. 21111
File 12307969298.jpg - (59.39KB, 500x500, 41719aba87c1989c3713a9360c6c0bdd.jpg) [iqdb]
21111
Taking your eyes off the various individuals, you concentrate back on your speech. This, you know, is what will signifies the beginning of something powerful, and perhaps something wonderful. "So fellow labourers of Gensokyo, welcome to the Party! It is time to roll up our sleeves and get to work, and maybe after a few glasses of work, we will get paid, in the brain."

A moment of silence passes through the crowd, and then, a single person, your puppeteer friend, starts clapping. Soon, the others followed, and in the end the whole crowd is clapping and cheering.

And thus, the Party begins.

Now, after getting down from the makeshift pedestal, you're left with a few choices of what to do. Perhaps you can make some progress with the child of the mansion, and acquaint yourself with those other mansion members? Or perhaps you might wish to spend your time with the puppeteer and the witch? You can also see what Suika's up to, and maybe befriend her friends and that other shrine maiden, or speak with the forest group and that other man. And, perhaps, you could just stay here with Reimu, and Mima, now that you notice that she's here floating beside the inebriated Red-White.



[] Converse with the members of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, getting acquainted with them may prove vital
[] Spend your time with the blonde duo, surely they'll enjoy your company and share your ideals
[] Find Suika, maybe she can introduce you to her friends, and discover how they know of the Party
[] Those four from the forest seems rather lively, and perhaps you could talk to that sole male in the crowd
[] Stay here with Reimu and Mima, it's your duty to watch over the one providing you a shelter in this land
>>No. 21115
This was a triumph.

[x] Stay here with Reimu and Mima, it's your duty to watch over the one providing you a shelter in this land

This is /shrine/ after all: You've spent precious little time with the miko, and her less than enthused reaction to your speech makes one worry that she's starting to get antsy over the possibility you're going to create another incident. Second, there is no way to follow up on that speech adequately; the rumors will spread like wildfire starting tomorrow; you have to do your utmost to make sure they're favorable ones. I'm interested in Patchouli and Remilia's reaction, but the possibility of Remilia baiting you into an open political discussion makes it a big no-no. Rather I think it's better if we let them come to us.

Reimu is important, not just because she provides you a place to live, not just because she'd be very dangerous if you became enemies, but as a symbol of the transforming capacity of Communism. Like you, she has survived by the charity and good-will of the community, and acts as its protector regardless of the current paucity of encouragement and restitution. The Red-White may not be Red quite yet, but she is certainly no capitalist.
>>No. 21116
[x] Stay here with Reimu and Mima, it's your duty to watch over the one providing you a shelter in this land
>>No. 21117
[] Find Suika, maybe she can introduce you to her friends, and discover how they know of the Party
>>No. 21119
[x] Stay here with Reimu and Mima, it's your duty to watch over the one providing you a shelter in this land
>>No. 21120
[x] Stay here with Reimu and Mima, it's your duty to watch over the one providing you a shelter in this land
>>No. 21121
[x] Stay here with Reimu and Mima, it's your duty to watch over the one providing you a shelter in this land

Only polite.
>>No. 21222
[X] Stay here with Reimu and Mima, it's your duty to watch over the one providing you a shelter in this land.

Wangbacon.
>>No. 21267
Updates?
>>No. 21344
Spent a bit of time reorganising my room in preparation for my last year in secondary and sorting out the work hours for when school starts. Will be writing somewhere along the lines of 'tomorrow', depending on whether I clear my place quick enough or not.

Sage for real life failure.
>>No. 21423
updates?
>>No. 21447
Sorry about that, writing now.
>>No. 21448
File 123193906969.jpg - (257.36KB, 630x1000, 5e0c5bf25b94749b074267327d3c6988.jpg) [iqdb]
21448
[X] Stay here with Reimu and Mima, it's your duty to watch over the one providing you a shelter in this land.

====================

While the prospect of meeting some of those unknown faces and continuing to build up a steady advancement to your goal is tempting, you are aware of the fact that without a strong base support to hold it up, a tower will eventually fall, and progress will be lost. For the past few days since you've arrived in this place, preciously little time is spent with your good host and comrade, the namesake of this party. This fact worries you, for while you have good reasons to explain the lack of social contact with the Red-White, they are nothing but excuses. Excuses that may become the fissure that separates the two of you, the fissure that will lead to the breakdown of all your work.

This is something you must avoid, and to that you shall stay here with her, watch over her, guide her. Tonight, until she is prepared, you shall be by her side.

Taking up three of the many wine glasses on a side table, acquired from the local tavern with an equal number of champagne flutes by the many Suikas, you approaches and hand to both the shrine maiden and the spirit of the shrine each a glass. The Red-White merely grins at you with glazed over eyes, obviously still quite intoxicated from the alcohol comrade Suika had given her, while the spirit Mima accepts hers with a simple nod and a pat on the head. Her gesture annoys you somewhat, though in good spirits you endure it without a hint of your discomfort.

After a swirl around the drunken girl, Mima pauses to let a white-haired woman in red to fill her stemware, who then does the same to both your's and Reimu's glasses. The woman gives you a wave, smiles, and continues on her way, humming some unknown tune as she goes around filling the surrounding guests' drink ware. The ghost floats back down, and with a clear ring the three of you consume the wine after a toast. It has a rather rich taste of sweetness, yet not too saturated a well maintained bottle of Burgundy.

"That's quite an impressive show up there, well done." Said the shrine spirit, who takes another sip of wine from her wine glass. "You know, you might actually be more intelligent than I thought."

"Yeah, great as usual!" Chirped the Red-White.

"By the way, why did you tell that oni to stuff little Reimu here with sake till just before this party?"

"Who's ya wittle Reimu!"

Oh, so that is how the miko got inducted into her current state of intoxication. She must not have a very good hold on her liquor.

"Incidentally, I had merely inquired comrade Suika the best way to bring the shrine maiden to a more spirited mood." You answer with a smile, turning to give thanks to a bunny-eared woman for refilling your drinking utensil. Hmm, bunny ears, what an interesting sight. "It seems she took my words in a more literal sense."

"Well, that's how Suika solves most of her problems anyway, so who knows." Mima shrugs, pulling the Red-White back to prevent her from colliding into a nearby person. "Oh yeah, what did you do this morning? That girl cried and drank since she came back with little-little-Marisa until you showed up again with that idiot."

Her question strikes you as an odd one, does she not know? It is then that you remember the fact you haven't seen the carefree spirit since the incident in the hotspring, naturally she won't be informed on the matter if Suika had been depressed and then too busy helping along with the preparation to provide a detailed explanation. Though really, you are rather relieved to hear that the ghost haven't been told what happened, for you are not sure what impact would have on the oni if she is to be reminded of the happenings of the day.

You are prepared to explain to Mima, when the shrine maiden gives you a heavy slap on the shoulder.

"Hey Alek, ya got donations?"

"Negative, comrade, I'm afraid that other than those American bills I found I have no other capitalist items on me." You guide her hands with the wine to her lips, slowly tipping more alcohol into her system. "Why would you like to know?"

She mumbles some incoherent sentences during mid-consumption, then snaps her arms around and pulls both you and the ghost into an awkward hug.

What?

"Hurray, no more food~!" She yells with an unusually cheery tone for such exclamation, and pulls you even tighter into the hug with her drunken strength, then totally latches onto you as Mima...dematerialise her body to escape. You try struggling out of her grip without much success, though soon find such attempts unnecessary, as not too long a moment later Reimu's arm goes lax, and you find her sleeping soundly, using your shoulders as a support.

"Oh ho! Now there's a good boy~" The spirit floats away after throwing down that line, leaving you to deal with this predicament. You look around for assistance from the various guests, though to your dismay none seems to be interested in helping you along and instead a few just watches with amusement.



[] Find a chair and help the asleep to her seat, she's most likely just filing through the alcohol.
[] Carry the girl back to her room, she probably won't wake up any time soon.
[] Try and wake her up, she won't be happy if she missed the night.
[] (Write-in action)
>>No. 21450
[x] Stay seated and watch the party, with Reimu still clinging to you. After the party you can put her to bed, but the display serves to show the guests that the Red-White identifies closely with her evangelist. She probably won't wake up any time soon, so feel free to engage in conversation with anyone who comes by.
>>No. 21470
[x] Stay seated and watch the party, with Reimu still clinging to you. After the party you can put her to bed, but the display serves to show the guests that the Red-White identifies closely with her evangelist. She probably won't wake up any time soon, so feel free to engage in conversation with anyone who comes by.
[X] "Accidentally" cop a feel

oh god yes
>>No. 21477
[x] Stay seated and watch the party, with Reimu still clinging to you. After the party you can put her to bed, but the display serves to show the guests that the Red-White identifies closely with her evangelist. She probably won't wake up any time soon, so feel free to engage in conversation with anyone who comes by.
>>No. 21483
>[X] "Accidentally" cop a feel

Alek doesn't "accidentally" do anything. Rather he would disrobe her and make a speech out of it. "Look, comrades! These are the teats of freedom! From these will be fed the children of the Party!" making some strained allusion to her being the Mother of the Revolution, all while molesting her brazenly.
>>No. 21486
[x] Stay seated and watch the party, with Reimu still clinging to you. After the party you can put her to bed, but the display serves to show the guests that the Red-White identifies closely with her evangelist. She probably won't wake up any time soon, so feel free to engage in conversation with anyone who comes by.
>>No. 21621
requisite prompting for updates
>>No. 21779
second requisite prompting for updates
>>No. 21885
Right, sorry about that, start of school messed up my time a bit. Writing in half a day's time.
>>No. 21891
>>21885

hooray!
>>No. 21914
File 12335015435.png - (20.52KB, 670x660, akibakko-118505451257686.png) [iqdb]
21914
>>21885
Wow, PaperBoy. Your LA got me laughing my ass and facepalming all the way from the first thread. Congratulations. Have a headphone Reimu.

Also, voting for:
[x] Stay seated and watch the party, with Reimu still clinging to you. After the party you can put her to bed, but the display serves to show the guests that the Red-White identifies closely with her evangelist. She probably won't wake up any time soon, so feel free to engage in conversation with anyone who comes by.

And this:
>"Look, comrades! These are the teats of freedom! From these will be fed the children of the Party!" making some strained allusion to her being the Mother of the Revolution, all while molesting her brazenly.
>>No. 22015
Third requisite prompting for updates.
>>No. 22182
Come on, Paper.

We need our Soviet moe.
>>No. 22371
Abandoned?
>>No. 22582
;_;
>>No. 22624
I will not let you forget this story, Paper!
>>No. 22718
"Why do you mourn, comrade? So long as a single person holds a place for justice in his heart, the Revolution can never die."
>>No. 22923
File 123744552048.jpg - (287.89KB, 600x830, 50id.jpg) [iqdb]
22923
No excuses for the lack of updates other than general procrastination and laziness. Sorry guys...

====================

[x] Stay seated and watch the party, with Reimu still clinging to you. After the party you can put her to bed, but the display serves to show the guests that the Red-White identifies closely with her evangelist. She probably won't wake up any time soon, so feel free to engage in conversation with anyone who comes by.

====================

Well, this predicament doesn't seem to have a solution other than the old-fashioned way of waiting till the Red-White recovers naturally from her intoxication. You suspect that there would be at least some sort of magical ways to deal with this, but other than comrade Margatroid you know no other identified magicians in this land. And really, though it may be a bit insulting to her intelligence, you cannot see any possibility of her possessing skills in relation to the issue of alcohol. Nevertheless, you seem to be on your own for this one, so you might as well adapt to the situation and seek the best way to accommodate all your responsibilities equally.

In fact, you could actually use this to your advantage, can't you? To show that the barrier between you and the Red-White is miniscule to almost negligible levels, it will most favourably grant you a nice reputation of being her evangelist. You can put her to bed after the party, when the purpose of this gathering is complete.

Now, let's see where the unoccupied seats are.

A swift scan around the vicinity gives you positive results, as you spot an empty chair just a few metres away. It's one of those unusual chairs without the back rest, something you vaguely remember as a stool or something. You don't particularly enjoy sitting with only the walls as back support while burdened down by another person, but then you don't really have a choice in this matter, as another round of observation proves that the next closest chair is a bit faraway. The problem getting there would not be the matter of your strength, but rather the possible disturbance to the other guests. You do plan on being a good host, and a little hardship is nothing, so without a word you make your way to the stool. A few of the gathered guests expresses their minds while you're on your way, and you continue to exchange banter with them as you adjust yourself for a more comfortable sitting position. The Hakurei miko is still clinging onto you like an overgrown child, and you cannot help but smile gently when she shifts subconsciously to rest better.

"Little Reimu's so cute when she's not grumpy, it makes me want to smother her all day long~"

A sing-song voice from behind break the momentary stupor you seem to have landed yourself in. The voice sounds somewhat familiar, and it doesn't take you much time to figure out who it belongs to. Then again, when it comes directly from where there should be a wall, and a wavy lock of golden hair is fluttering just within your eyesight, you knew only a one person who has the ability to do that. Strange, and this is only the second time you've encountered her.

You turn your head sideways to greet her. "Welcome, comrade Yakumo. I hope you are enjoying the party."

Yukari Yakumo, majestic lady of borders, smiles back brightly. "Mhm, it's been so long since we have this magnitude of a party, I even brought along my personal wine collection from the outside~" She brings up a decorated bottle from somewhere within her domain, it's clearly a bottle of red wine, though the brand, type, country of origin and year has been obscured from your view. "Here, you want some? You'd be the first to try it~"



[] Try it
[] Maybe not

If [] Maybe not, state reason-
-- [] Had too much already
-- [] They are better left for the final round
-- [] (Write-in)
>>No. 22924
HOORAY!

[x] "First among equals, am I?"
[x] "As long as it isn't the blood of the working class, pressed for the enjoyment of their bourgeois masters..."
[x] Try it, but insist that you pour the next glass for her.
[x] Suggest a private toast: To Progress.

This is a moment of truth, Alek. You have a chance here to convince the Tsar to support the Revolution.
>>No. 22926
[x] "First among equals, am I?"
[x] "As long as it isn't the blood of the working class, pressed for the enjoyment of their bourgeois masters..."
[x] Try it, but insist that you pour the next glass for her.
[x] Suggest a private toast: To Progress.
>>No. 22928
[d] "First among equals, am I?"
[a] "As long as it isn't the blood of the working class, pressed for the enjoyment of their bourgeois masters..."
[z] Try it, but insist that you pour the next glass for her.
[e] Suggest a private toast: To Progress.
>>No. 22930
[x] "First among equals, am I?"
[x] "As long as it isn't the blood of the working class, pressed for the enjoyment of their bourgeois masters..."
[x] Try it, but insist that you pour the next glass for her.
[x] Suggest a private toast: To Progress.
>>No. 22956
[x] "First among equals, am I?"
[x] "As long as it isn't the blood of the working class, pressed for the enjoyment of their bourgeois masters..."
[x] Try it, but insist that you pour the next glass for her.
[x] Suggest a private toast: To Progress.
>>No. 22984
updates, comrade?
>>No. 23219
NOT UPDATING IS COUNTERREVOLUTIONARY COMRADE
>>No. 23288
>>23219
Paper, where's that update you were going to post?
>>No. 23353
Anon won't give up on this. He'll write it his goddamn self if he has to.
>>No. 23354
>>23288

A late announced early first of April to you, then.

With the usual disregard for responsibilities, I'm flying in half an hour. In those nine hours of extreme boredom I'm sure I'll write up the update as long as my laptop batteries hold out.

By the way,
>>23353
Go ahead and write it, I am rather curious on how anon sees this story, and always enjoy reading something new and interesting.

Sage for not being an update.
>>No. 23357
>>23354
>A late announced early first of April to you, then.
...Ohh... you bastard.
>>No. 23358
Also:
>>23354
>Go ahead and write it, I am rather curious on how anon sees this story, and always enjoy reading something new and interesting.
You're not getting out of writing it THAT easy.
>>No. 23364
...Updates?
>>No. 23380
>>23354

How many more weeks are you going to put this off, Paperboy?
>>No. 23438
>>23380
Far too goddamn many, it seems.
>>No. 23467
the revolution has failed...
the Tsar reigns once more.
>>No. 23701
Hey, Soviet Anon who makes the fucking perfect write-ins for this story:

Think you're up to the task of writing this, or are you only an idea man, like myself?
>>No. 23704
[x] "First among equals, am I?"
[x] "As long as it isn't the blood of the working class, pressed for the enjoyment of their bourgeois masters..."
[x] Try it, but insist that you pour the next glass for her.
[x] Suggest a private toast: To Progress.

this needs updates
>>No. 23705
>Think you're up to the task of writing this

Anon's hands are tied at the moment I'm afraid comrade.

>or are you only an idea man, like myself?

Anon thought he was only an idea man once.

Then he started writing Fallout Gensokyo.

Reach for the stars, Anonymous~✰!!
>>No. 23706
>>23705
I would love to, but I am terrible at writing.

And on top of that, I do have a story I want to write in mind already. Plus, I could never do this one justice.

In add-- Wait, hold the fuck up a second.

are you saying that you are not only the Lead Write-in Engineer anon for this story, but that you write Fallout in Gensokyo as well?



...I may have to repeal that condition about not blowing you, if this is true.
>>No. 23708
>>are you saying that you are not only the Lead Write-in Engineer anon for this story, but that you write Fallout in Gensokyo as well?

What.
WHAT.
WHAT?!?!
It's one person?!
>>No. 23709
I, myself, have given a lot of thought to starting a story... I've written short stories before, and I think I've planned the idea out pretty well on paper.
However, I still don't trust myself to update regularly-- let alone with consistent quality.
So for now, I continue to plan, wait, and come up with write-ins for other CYOAs.
>>No. 23730
You know, I wonder how many of the writefags started out with write-ins. Seems like it'd be a good stepping stone.
>>No. 23731
i always find it amazing how many talented people this site draws here. /jp/ sure must have had many of them over there when GM got kicked out. Kinda sets /jp/ apart from /a/ and the split was for the better and not the worse.
But really, kind of amazing. Touhou draws out the best of the people (most of the time). Except for a few minor (mostly YAF related) incidents we get along fine.
>>No. 23739
>>23730
Well, I started with writing write-ins for WuiG and MiG at their peak. To mixed success. Those were about fun, and I guess that writting is about fun as well.

>>23709
I worry about quality all the time, and from the other writefags I've talked about, they do too. This is why most updates are delayed, but I've found in my experience that the best thing to do is just to try to keep writing as much as possible anyways. If you've got a good idea, and you think you could share it and make others enjoy it, then why not?

>>23731
We're quite something, but just because we're unique I think. And while I came from /jp/ and the great migration a little over a year ago, there are plenty of people here that didn't. I guess it might be touhou after all.

Polite sage for hijacking PB's thread. Although he should really update, dammit.
>>No. 23810
>>23739
Then don't politely sage. Angrily noko instead.
>>No. 24046
File 124229514025.jpg - (295.92KB, 1007x1176, 6be93f4dcddbcbfacdf1888703e53019.jpg) [iqdb]
24046
Again I must apologise for the severe lack of updates. The traffics are notoriously bad in Soviet Gensokyo.

====================

[x] "First among equals, am I?"
[x] "As long as it isn't the blood of the working class, pressed for the enjoyment of their bourgeois masters..."
[x] Try it, but insist that you pour the next glass for her.
[x] Suggest a private toast: To Progress.

====================

Well, it does certainly look fabulous.

"First among equals, am I?" You give her a smile, this could be the beginning of a healthy relationship. With a partner as powerful as she is, you might as well say the Revolution is half complete. There is something that needs to be cleared up first, though. "As long as it isn't the blood of the working class, pressed for the enjoyment of their bourgeois masters..."

The rest is certainly unnecessary to be said.

"Of course, of course~! I don't look like a tyrant now, do I?" Sliding out of her horrendously incomprehensible intrusion upon reality, the Lady of Borders props herself up on a self-prepared stool. "I don't, right?"

You decide not to answer for the sake of pragmatic scepticism. Instead, you pick out two empty glasses from a nearby self-serving plate and hand one to your new found alcoholic acquaintance. The Red-White shifts slightly in her slumber, mumbling nonsensically, something about earthquakes and snowballs.

"Answer me, hey~" The gap youkai gives you a light knock to the forehead with her glass, pouting childishly as she attempts to extract an answer from you. Nonetheless, with a muted 'pop' she removes the cork from the bottle and fills your glass with its deep red content. You issue your gratitude for her generosity, and insist on returning the gesture. When both glasses are filled, the violet lady reseals the bottle and places it into one of her gaps. Once again she asks you for an answer, and you smile in return.

"I do not participate in a toast with a tyrant." You hold your glass up in front of you. "To Progress."

Hiding a thin smile with the sleeve of her robe, she stretches her hand out and completes the toast. "Hmm hm~, yes, to Progress~"

====================

The rest of the night passes rather quickly, Yukari the border lady has left after some idle chitchat, but not before retrieving and leaving behind the bottle of wine for the enjoyment of the gathered community. Somewhere along the way someone suggested towards a sleepover, to which surprisingly a majority of the girls agreed to. Some left, like that other male in this crowd of disproportionately distributed genders, while some new faces arrives and soon mingles in with the others. Reimu continues to sleep away, and Suika is now harassing a person of short stature. The victim, curiously, has a pair of eyes on her hat.

The day, you can feel, is coming to an end. You will probably only get to interact with two to three more individuals before the populace joins the Red-White in peaceful dream-making.

Well...



[] (?)

-Touhous Currently Present (And related information)-
Reimu (Asleep)
Suika (Can't get more drunk than that)
Mima (In the kitchen)
Marisa (Staying over)
Alice, with Shanghai by her side (Staying over)
Wriggle (Staying over)
Cirno (Encased in ice)
Mystia (Staying over)
Rumia (Encased in ice)
Sakuya (In the kitchen)
Remilia (Tasting wine)
Patchouli (Reading)
Suwako (Staying over)
Sanae (Staying over by will of Suwako)
Nitori (Staying over)
Shinki (In the kitchen)
Yuyuko (Staying over)
Youmu (Staying over after Yuyuko)
Reisen (Representing the House of Houraisen and its associates)
Keine (Representing the Human Village)
Aya (Staying over)
>>No. 24053
>>24046
I am angry, but so happy.

Really, it's like a battered wife:
Oh! Thank heaven, he's written, again... It'll be different from now on, just you watch! ...He only deserts us because he can't help it, you know...

That said, someone shine the Soviet-signal! There's a brilliant write-in/choice of characters and convincing justification that needs writing, here!
>>No. 24065
>Cirno (Encased in ice)

hahaha

The Lunarians we simply have nothing to offer, they're also too well educated, and are the least likely to be motivated by any sense of community. Which is not to say we should ignore them entirely, but they're low priority.

Remilia is our little tsarevna; if we are to expect the resources and backing of SDM, we have to be willing to play to her ego from time to time, but otherwise we should stay the hell away from her, lest she become too interested and possessive.

Suwako is the most important contact here for a number of reasons:
1. She has knowledge of the outside, the War, the Soviet collapse, and what's more is that she has a capable servant (Sanae) who does too. This makes her dangerous.
2. In arranging this here, we have the implicit backing of the Hakurei shrine. This would immediately seem to put us at odds with them, since they themselves are trying to accrue faith in Gensokyo for the Moriya shrine. We have to let her know that we are not advocating or advertising for the Hakurei shrine as a religion. Reimu doesn't give a rat's ass about faith, because she doesn't need it. The only reason she has to maintain any sort of public presence at all is for donations. In fact, if this goes well, she will no longer even need donations.
3. Wide berth of influence on the tengu and kappa. Tengu are probably not too useful for us, but the kappa have a large sense of communal spirit that can be tapped into. Bridging the technological gap between the kappa and the humans will be very important.

[x] Wave Suika to bring the newcomer and her neighbors (Suwako, Nitori, Aya) over. Apologize for not moving to see them: "It is hard to get around when you when the poster girl for the Revolution is asleep in your arms."
[x] Introduce yourself, ask them to introduce themselves, and offer to fill their cups, mentioning the wine comes from the private stock of Yukari Yakumo.
[x] Make a toast: To Harmony.
[x] Make the point that the Party is a non-denominational, multiracial, pan-national affair. "I myself am areligious, but freedom of expression and freedom of belief follow necessarily from the self-autonomy of the working class. I am of Russian nationality, but I consider myself a Citizen of Earth. I am of the flesh, bone, and blood of a human, but the love of my life—my beautiful daughter, Sacchin—is a machine constructed of oil & steel, currently convalescing in the Red-White's backyard. I believe that who I am as an individual is more than the sum of labels that are allotted to me, and I believe this to be true for all of you as well. So the 'what' will have to do for now, but before my time here in this land is over, I hope we come to know the 'who' of each other as well."
[x] Make point on the freedom of the press. "Censorship of any kind is counterrevolutionary. The Revolution does not hide from the Truth. The Revolution does not run from the Truth. When the Truth is trampled into the pave stone by the toiling masses, the Revolution picks Truth up off the ground, dusts him off, encourages him to call out yet louder to those rendered deaf by suffering and fear of failure. The Revolution does not ask the Truth to try to see things his way: All that is necessary is that the Truth calls things the way he sees it. And though the Revolution may not always agree with what the Truth says, the Revolution will defend to the death his right to say it."
[x] Make a point that the Party wishes to bring technological advancement to ease the burden on the toiling farmer. "Communal living does not concern itself with harmony in belief or preference so much as it does with harmony in action. The good one may do for his neighbors is not necessarily his neighbor's work. Harmony is not the destruction of identity; we all have our own gifts. Rather, it is the application of these gift to minimize interference, while maximizing cooperation. For example the Party is always looking for new advances in labor-saving technology. It is one thing to help your neighbor load a bushel of rye onto his wagon; it's another entirely to automate the process so that he no longer has the need to. This reminds me that I know precious little of this land other than that it is largely undeveloped and agrarian."
[x] Ask to be directed to who might know the most about farming or any other village affairs (Keine). You want to know who you'll have to see about numbers on acreage and crop yield, as well as how to go about opening a formal dialogues with their representative government.

We likely will not be able to talk to her tonight, but we need to at least know who she is, since we'll be involving ourselves with the village.
>>No. 24069
[ze] >>24065

Have I ever told you how much I love you?
>>No. 24071
[O]>>24065

Obvious winner is obvious.
>>No. 24076
>>24065

ya, totally voting for this one
>>No. 24077
>>24076
Then vote for it.

Also: *yeah
>>No. 24080
[x]What >>24065 walled.

Is this the longest write-in plus discussion at THP?
>>No. 24087
>>24080
I think my write-in in SHaG attempting to counter Sakuya's bullshit was around this size, as was the money-magic experiment one in Spirit Within.
That one someone did about the leaves in the garden in Frag was pretty big, too.
>>No. 24119
PaperBoy, you've really outdone yourself with this update. I'm not just saying that because you updated. SovietAnon gets much of the praise, but lines like these are written with honest-to-goodness Love:

>"Of course, of course~! I don't look like a tyrant now, do I?" Sliding out of her horrendously incomprehensible intrusion upon reality, the Lady of Borders props herself up on a self-prepared stool. "I don't, right?"
>You decide not to answer for the sake of pragmatic scepticism. Instead, you pick out two empty glasses from a nearby self-serving plate and hand one to your new found alcoholic acquaintance. The Red-White shifts slightly in her slumber, mumbling nonsensically, something about earthquakes and snowballs.
>"Answer me, hey~" The gap youkai gives you a light knock to the forehead with her glass, pouting childishly as she attempts to extract an answer from you. Nonetheless, with a muted 'pop' she removes the cork from the bottle and fills your glass with its deep red content. You issue your gratitude for her generosity, and insist on returning the gesture. When both glasses are filled, the violet lady reseals the bottle and places it into one of her gaps. Once again she asks you for an answer, and you smile in return.
>"I do not participate in a toast with a tyrant." You hold your glass up in front of you. "To Progress."
>Hiding a thin smile with the sleeve of her robe, she stretches her hand out and completes the toast. "Hmm hm~, yes, to Progress~"

This may be the finest protagonist-to-Yukari conversation ever written.
>>No. 24136
Paper is allegedly writing. If this is so, it fills me with glee and joy.
>>No. 24139
>>24136

Revolyutsiya!
>>No. 24197
File 124334399132.jpg - (247.19KB, 640x908, 06729c53babf36120b0bd56dae1266f5.jpg) [iqdb]
24197
Almost there, drilled through the blockade just then. Expect an update coming in no later than a day.
>>No. 24198
>>24197
Go go go Paperboy you can write it!
>>No. 24200
File 124337313229.jpg - (71.92KB, 410x273, PTV-i1424_l.jpg) [iqdb]
24200
Like the Great Architect steers the Motherland, Paperboy will steer this update through the blockade and into safe harbour.
>>No. 24201
File 124342939787.jpg - (84.90KB, 550x770, 7da4ffb28b076985691b7b5d9bbb16aa.jpg) [iqdb]
24201
[x] Wave Suika to bring the newcomer and her neighbors (Suwako, Nitori, Aya) over. Apologize for not moving to see them: "It is hard to get around when you when the poster girl for the Revolution is asleep in your arms."
[x] Introduce yourself, ask them to introduce themselves, and offer to fill their cups, mentioning the wine comes from the private stock of Yukari Yakumo.
[x] Make a toast: To Harmony.
[x] Make the point that the Party is a non-denominational, multiracial, pan-national affair. "I myself am areligious, but freedom of expression and freedom of belief follow necessarily from the self-autonomy of the working class. I am of Russian nationality, but I consider myself a Citizen of Earth. I am of the flesh, bone, and blood of a human, but the love of my life -my beautiful daughter, Sacchin- is a machine constructed of oil & steel, currently convalescing in the Red-White's backyard. I believe that who I am as an individual is more than the sum of labels that are allotted to me, and I believe this to be true for all of you as well. So the 'what' will have to do for now, but before my time here in this land is over, I hope we come to know the 'who' of each other as well."
[x] Make point on the freedom of the press. "Censorship of any kind is counterrevolutionary. The Revolution does not hide from the Truth. The Revolution does not run from the Truth. When the Truth is trampled into the pave stone by the toiling masses, the Revolution picks Truth up off the ground, dusts him off, encourages him to call out yet louder to those rendered deaf by suffering and fear of failure. The Revolution does not ask the Truth to try to see things his way: All that is necessary is that the Truth calls things the way he sees it. And though the Revolution may not always agree with what the Truth says, the Revolution will defend to the death his right to say it."
[x] Make a point that the Party wishes to bring technological advancement to ease the burden on the toiling farmer. "Communal living does not concern itself with harmony in belief or preference so much as it does with harmony in action. The good one may do for his neighbors is not necessarily his neighbor's work. Harmony is not the destruction of identity; we all have our own gifts. Rather, it is the application of these gift to minimize interference, while maximizing cooperation. For example the Party is always looking for new advances in labor-saving technology. It is one thing to help your neighbor load a bushel of rye onto his wagon; it's another entirely to automate the process so that he no longer has the need to. This reminds me that I know precious little of this land other than that it is largely undeveloped and agrarian."
[x] Ask to be directed to who might know the most about farming or any other village affairs (Keine). You want to know who you'll have to see about numbers on acreage and crop yield, as well as how to go about opening a formal dialogues with their representative government.

====================

You decide that now may be a good chance to talk to Suika, and her newcomer friends. Throughout the party you have been busy taking care of the sleeping shrine maiden, and thus regretfully you have been neglecting your cherished comrade and close friend. It is to your relieve that through it all your oni friend seems to be enjoying herself, but now is the time to make up to her. Now is the time, when time itself moves at a leisurely pace, to converse with and convey in a friendly manner the virtues of the Party to the unaware.

When your drunken comrade diverts her gaze towards your approximation, you raise your hand and wave to her. She doesn't seem to realise your call for her attention, as she continues to smother the short blonde victim while spinning in circles. Well, at least, that is what you assumed until a small weight landed upon your head. You realise what it is, and decides that you have to give her praise for her attention to her surroundings and the ability to multitask. With your hand you plucked the miniaturised version of your friend from your hair and tells her your thoughts. The mini-Suika energetically nods throughout, and when you're done she throws up her hand with a cheer and scampers back towards the main body.

Soon, with one arm still tightly holding the blonde girl by the waist, your oni companion approaches you. A few of the other visitors also follows along, including that other shrine maiden you saw earlier during the party, and the girl in blue Suika's talking to at the start of this gathering of the masses. You offer a wave to them, and a few returns your gesture. "I apologise for not personally coming to greet you, and distracting you from your activities." You give them a nod, then pats the Red-White lightly on the head. "However, it is hard to get around when the poster girl for the Revolution is asleep in your arms."

Suika and a girl with a notebook and fan grins at your statement, to which you return with a smile. "Some of you may not know me, and as common courtesy when meeting with new and welcomed individuals, I shall introduce myself. I am Aleksandr Vassiljevitj Ivanov, Lieutenant of Aviation of the 1st Guard 240 Fighter Division. I was brought into this sealed land through means and reasons yet unknown to me, but I believe that this place is where I belong, where I shall contribute my part to the Revolution." You carefully scan around the assembled girls, smiling amiably as you do so. The notepad-girl is furiously scribbling down something, though about what you have your scepticisms. The girl in blue, whose attires now look somewhat similar to those of a mechanic upon closer inspection, seems to have a glint in her eyes. You suspect it may have something to do with you and Outside technology. Turning your attention to the remaining trio, the shrine maiden of blue and white seems uncertain, while the girl with the weird hat smiles with a certain...uncanniness. Hmm...

"As a friend, I am grateful for your participation in this joyful gathering. If I may, I would like to know who I shall be sending the next invitation to." Bringing out the bottle of wine from the gracious comrade Yukari Yakumo, you hold it up in an offering gesture. "A most enjoyable taste, courtesy of the wonderful Lady of Border."

Your precious, drunken friend and comrade Suika immediately perks up as you pull out the bottle, cheering with absolute joy and almost jumping for the alcoholic content. With a wide and heartfelt grin you uncorked the bottle and pour into her wine glass, which you noticed came out of nowhere, a rich fill of the delicate beverage. The oni cheers again as you retract your hand, and the next girl comes up for her share. Soon they all receive their glass of wine, and you resealed the bottle. Interestingly, the bottle never seems to be any lighter.

"Mm, I can tell this is some good stuff just by the colour! I'll write you an exclusive report on this too, 'Barrelling Through, Border Breaker Brings The Best Drink To Gensokyo!', how do you like that!" A pair of crows holding her notebook with their beaks, the girl who you now realise must be a reporter for the local newspaper quickly scribbles through pages and pages of her booklet while flashing you an excited grin. "Aya Shameimaru, the Fastest in Gensokyo of both flying and paper sales, at your service! As special thanks for giving me so many things to write about, TaniTani here stays with you from now on, give me a call through him, and I'll be here faster than a lightning bolt!" As she speaks, a crow that was following her around flies down and lands on your shoulder. It caws a few times, then stays quiet. You give your thanks through a nod, while musing on the importance of having a reporter on your list of friends.

(Second part coming)
>>No. 24202
File 124342960672.jpg - (18.67KB, 350x490, 52190afeb8ef0fac96b73ef276258ced.jpg) [iqdb]
24202
The next girl, the mechanic look-a-like, follows on with the introduction. "Well, I don't really have anything handy on me, least anything that's um...safe for a human. But uh, I guess I could give you a tour of my workshop some other time, as long as no one's using it. Anyway, I'm Nitori Kawashiro, a Kappa from the Youkai Mountain, please to meet you." She then leans forward, eyes seemingly blazing with energy. "Say, you said you're a...something of aviation?"

"Lieutenant of Aviation of the 1st Guard 240 Fighter Division, comrade."

"Right, right. Well, I heard that over on the other side of the Hakurei Border, humans can't fly on their own, right?" You nod in agreement, to which she smiles at. "Then you must be flying with a plane, right? A crafted, created machine that is based totally on science and no magic, right?"

You nod again.

"YEEEEEESSSSSS!" Fist clenched and hand punching into the air, Nitori almost spilt her glass of wine in her moment of euphoria. "I can finally make this work! Mister, would you mind if I take a look of your plane? Please?"

With a smile, you give her your approval. If there is someone out there, that shares that same passion as you do, then you will most certainly welcome them, and introduce to them your precious Sacchin. The discovery of such a person fills your heart with much joyfulness. "You are most welcomed to meet with her, a thing of beauty that she is. When the Party has come to a conclusion, and the maiden of Hakurei tucked peacefully into bed, I shall guide you to her."

"Awesome! This will be great!" Nitori say with enthusiasm. "Though really, you don't have to stay up just for us, I can always come some time tomorrow! Maybe late morning or something, we'll both be well rested by then." She then nods a few times, as if to confirm to herself about the meeting. Acknowledging the suggestion, you file the time into your memories.

"Hello, having a great time in Gensokyo?"

Turning your attention to the two remaining unknown guests, you spot the blonde-hair child approaching you with that same smile. "I find your knowledge of the latest news out there quite interesting." She says. "I have a theory...but I wonder if this is the best occasion to be revealing anything. So, in the spirit of having a fun night, let's not talk about such things. Suwako Moriya is my name. I am...a...goddess of the Moriya Shrine, and this is my shrine maiden Sanae Kotiya." She gestures towards the blue-white miko.

"I see. It is my hope that all arrived enjoyed the night." You reply. This new piece of information is most...unexpected. The appearance of a shrine maiden not of this particular shrine has from the beginning been a question in your mind. You suspected religious rivalry, but the notion of a real god or goddess existing has never really appeal to you. After all, this shrine doesn't particularly give the impression of having a deity. But now that you know, everything starts to work itself out, and the puzzle pieces are beginning to assemble...

"Tonight is a night of happiness, a night of relaxation, a night of freedom. Yet this is only one night." You hold your glass up in front of our eyes, staring into the deep red content. "It is my wish, my dream, to extend the joyous atmosphere of this night into days, months and years. To see the people live in peace and enjoy life, free of worries and fear, that is what makes my life worthy. The Revolution shall be the first step on this journey towards a harmonious life, this I believe in. Everyone, to Harmony." You raise your glass, and after a chorus of people joining in the toast, you drank your fill.

"The Revolution." You begin, causing everyone around to pause and listen. "It is non-denominational. It is a multiracial, pan-national affair. I myself am areligious, but freedom of expression and freedom of belief follow necessarily from the self-autonomy of the working class." You pause as you look towards the duo from the Moriya shrine. Suwako still maintains her smile, while her shrine maiden Sanae looks slightly uncomfortable. In your mind, you sigh at the lack of progress, but remind yourself that religion is and will always be a delicate matter.

"I am of Russian nationality, but I consider myself a Citizen of Earth. I am of the flesh, bone, and blood of a human," Smiling, you move your gaze to Nitori and nods. "but the love of my life -my beautiful daughter, Sacchin- is a machine constructed of oil & steel, currently convalescing in the Red-White's backyard." You find your Kappa friend grinning back at you, and your oni friend faking a pout, obviously not bothered slightly by your declaration.

"I believe that who I am as an individual is more than the sum of labels that are allotted to me, and I believe this to be true for all of you as well." You continue. "So the 'what' will have to do for now, but before my time here in this land is over, I hope we come to know the 'who' of each other as well." Ending with a nod to your audience, you refill each of their glass with the wine and shares another round of drinking. Then, you begin anew.

"The Revolution, like many things, relies on communication." Lightly, you brush your fore and middle finger through the midnight black feathers of the crow on your shoulder, causing the bird to caw in relaxation. "Censorship of any kind is counterrevolutionary." You can see from the corners of your eyes that Aya is nodding in full agreement.

Removing your hand from the feathers, you stare at each other the five girls with intense faith for your ideal. "The Revolution does not hide from the Truth. The Revolution does not run from the Truth." You say, telling them of your views. "When the Truth is trampled into the pave stone by the toiling masses, the Revolution picks Truth up off the ground, dusts him off, and encourages him to call out yet louder to those rendered deaf by suffering and fear of failure."

"The Revolution does not ask the Truth to try to see things his way: All that is necessary is that the Truth calls things the way he sees it." You allow yourself a moment of rest, then continues with a harder edge in your voice. "And though the Revolution may not always agree with what the Truth says, the Revolution will defend to the death his right to say it."

"Well said, I trust you will keep to your words?" Suwako suddenly speaks up, her expression unchanging. The way she says it seems to be aimed just to get a rise out of you, and so while you do feel somewhat insulted by the implication of dishonesty, you refrain from showing your displeasure.

"Of course, comrade, for the Truth, and the defending of it, is one of the most important basis that supports the Revolution." The Moriya goddess, upon hearing your answer, broadens her smile.

"Ah, very good. Now, here's a question. The Revolution, as you say, is about freedom of expression, of opinion, of religion, and about the harmonious living of a community, am I right?" You nod in agreement, without hesitation, for it is the true goal of the Revolution. "Well then, if someone doesn't like something while someone does, or that someone's religious beliefs clashes with someone else's beliefs, would this not be disruptive to the goal of a harmonious living, and thus undermining the whole point of the Revolution?"

(Third part coming)
>>No. 24203
File 124342971528.png - (292.76KB, 600x450, 1d6fa64efee947666d39762711b67464.png) [iqdb]
24203
A test, you see. You will have to answer carefully. "Communal living does not concern itself with harmony in belief or preference so much as it does with harmony in action. The good one may do for his neighbours is not necessarily his neighbour's work. Harmony is not the destruction of identity; we all have our own gifts. Rather, it is the application of these gifts to minimize interference, while maximizing cooperation." You word your sentence slowly and meaningfully, to which Suwako just smiles away. "For example the Party is always looking for new advances in labour-saving technology. It is one thing to help your neighbour load a bushel of rye onto his wagon; it's another entirely to automate the process so that he no longer has the need to." You stops as you recall the things you've seen and experienced so far in this bounded world, perhaps you should do a bit more research of this place. And nothing is better than asking a local.

"This reminds me that I know precious little of this land other than that it is largely undeveloped and agrarian." You say, looking at the girls thoughtfully. "Does any of you know who might know most about village affairs, or the technological levels in general of this land?"

Suika is the one who answers your question, as she walks up to you and turns your stool to face a particular direction. "Keine Ka-um...something, her name's too long." She mutters a bit, going somewhat off topic. But at least she's in a good enough state to speak coherently. "Um, where was I? Oh, yes! Keine! She's the village protector, or something. Oh! And the village school's only teacher, but her classes are really boring. She's that one over there, see? With the lunchbox on her head. But don't say it's a lunchbox in front of her though, her headbutts almost makes me feel dizzy."

You look towards where Suika is pointing towards, and surely enough you see a woman in a blue dress, with a aptly described lunchbox hat sitting on top of her silvery hair. You also noticed that there seems to be a few strands of blue hair amongst the silver. With a satisfied nod you thanked the oni for pointing out the individual.

"Mister Ivanov, I would like to have a word with you in private." Turning around, you discover it is the Moriya goddess, Suwako speaking. You don't particularly enjoy her company right now, but nevertheless you hear what she have to say. "Meet me in the kitchen after the party is finished."

For the first time, you hear the blue-white maiden speak, her voice one of panicked and uncertainty. "L-Lady Suwako, Lady Kanako had said-" But then Suwako quickly cuts her off.

"Sanae, I have made my decision." She say with a tone of finality. Sanae hesitates, but then backs down and resume her stance behind the goddess, now clearly distressed.

You look on with disagreement clearly depicting on your face, but say nothing throughout the whole scene.

====================

Time passed, and soon only a few remain within the room. You tried to initiate a new conversation with a few members of the crowd in the time after the Moriya incident, but made little progress as most were getting tired. Most have now either left or turned in for the night in their allocated rooms, and you have ensured that Reimu rest peacefully within her own quarters. You have opted to return to the central hall and clean the place up, but to your surprise as you get there, the whole place is totally cleansed and have shrank back into its original size.

And so you are left with a few choices as to what to do next.



[] Go to the kitchen, might as well see what Suwako's up to.
[] Check in on Reimu again, see how she's doing.
[] Go and find Suika, why not have a private party for the two of you?
[] Look for the mischievous spirit Mima, where is she anyway?
[] (Write-in)

====================

Well, this took a long time. Next update will probably be on a new thread, finally.
>>No. 24204
[x] Go to the kitchen, might as well see what Suwako's up to.

>"Sanae, I have made my decision." She say with a tone of finality.

With her question and our answer she has apparently determined we are the real deal, not a charlatan. We can expect very serious business from this point onward. She does this in private so as not to destroy the image we have built in front of the crowd, but I expect her to get right to the point. We said we will not hide or run from the truth, and it is this that Suwako's question is toward: Can Alek deal with knowing how the Cold War came and went, the failure of the Soviet Union and the general conquest of the world by the capitalists, the decades that have passed and the technology that has advanced? Between her knowledge and that housed within the library of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, Alek has much to catch up on. This is critical, because sudden revelation to others concerning history that he has not been privy to (by the Scarlets or Eientei or others) could be catastrophic to the collective's faith in the soundness of this endeavor.

The reason Suwako does this is not to destroy him, but so that he will be ready to face the challenges to come. Suwako has the interests of her lineage (and by extension, Gensokyo) at heart in an even farther-sighted manner than Kanako. She sees an opportunity here with Alek, for if she could not unify the land under the banner of a religion, then she may be able to do so under an ideology.
>>No. 24205
[O] Go to the kitchen, might as well see what Suwako's up to.

>>24204

In The Wall We Trust.
>>No. 24208
[x] Go to the kitchen, might as well see what Suwako's up to.
>>No. 24221
[x] Go to the kitchen, might as well see what Suwako's up to.
>>No. 24237
File 124355760423.jpg - (75.99KB, 822x514, 1221527386_99.jpg) [iqdb]
24237
Paperboy, you have no idea of how wide my grin was when I read the two updates. I have lost my words to tell you how I have been waiting for AC:G to be updated. I thank you.

With that said:
[x] Go to the kitchen, might as well see what Suwako's up to.
>>No. 24256
File 124358377844.jpg - (45.75KB, 400x278, soviet_posters.jpg) [iqdb]
24256
[ODIN] Go to the kitchen, might as well see what Suwako's up to.

This was glorious.
>>No. 24262
[ze] Go to the kitchen, might as well see what Suwako's up to.

While I would dearly love to socialize, it does not even take metaknowledge to know Suwako has some serious shit to lay out for him. Her tone was enough.
>>No. 24270
We should be hopeful for Alek's endeavor. His origin as a WWII era citizen of the Soviet Union may not be a handicap: Russia at the time had been rapidly converting itself from an agrarian to industrial society. Many soldiers would be expected to have been farmers prior to conscription, people whose fathers would know what it was like to be a serf. The environment he was raised in readily itself as a model for the future Gensokyo.

In a way, Gensokyo is the perfect place for the communist social experiment. The collective belief of its population will make endeavors that were impossible in history possible. Even over-ambitious and failed scientific theories like Lysenkoism could become realizable as the result of faith. Furthermore, the sustainability of Gensokyo in its current form is a proven thing. Despite its protective isolation, it is hedged against production failure through multiple avenues--selective import through the border, use of ideologically-sympathetic youkai and magicians to increase crop yield, climate stability and lack of pollution, divination as accurate weather prediction, the shoring effect of magic in meeting fuel & demands, and even history alteration.

A large part of the failure of communism in the real world was the result of ideological competition. The Cold War, unlike the mobilizing effect a hot war typically has on industry and production, was characterized by economic attrition. Pressure exerted by the increasing military and aerospace expenditure of the US (the Arms Race) was a particular spoiler for USSR. The Reagan administration essentially bankrupt the Soviet Union by outspending (though in return near tripled the US's own national debt; as a result of the continued borrowing, the annual interest that must be paid accounts for $0.20 on every tax dollar).

Rather we're accelerating what Moriya has been doing, which is modernization. Yukari's increasing somnolence and the thinning of the Border point to a time where Gensokyo will simply have to reintegrate itself with the world, and the major players should be conscious of this fact. It is an ambitious project, building the Gensokyo of Tomorrow, but one I do not think is vain or a disingenuous.
>>No. 24278
>Even over-ambitious and failed scientific theories like Lysenkoism could become realizable as the result of faith.
...Yeah, no, let's stick with what we're certain DOES work, first. Fucking Lysenko.

And if we're going to be aiming for crazy science shit, let's go for Tesla instead.
>>No. 24282
>>24278
(Don't get me wrong, I'm down with most of the rest of that.)
>>No. 24311
updates?
>>No. 24442
I'm currently in the middle of exams, so there probably won't be any update until the weekends.

Symbolic sage.
>>No. 24649
Which weekends are we talking about here?
>>No. 24728
PROGRESS MARCHES EVER FORWARD?
>>No. 25583
I saw the IL-2 Sturmovik demo on the XBLM.

First think I thought was 'Isn't it sad, Sacchin? Comrade Ivanov will never fly with you again...'
>>No. 25623
>>25583
Such demoralizing thoughts are bad, comrade.
>>No. 25865
File 12528827948.jpg - (31.71KB, 541x380, hearts_of_iron__3_.jpg) [iqdb]
25865
>>No. 25876
File 125296594140.jpg - (169.58KB, 1000x660, stalin.jpg) [iqdb]
25876
By the laws of dialectic materialism we know that though the revolution may falter, as long as the spirit of man lives on, it shall never fail.

Comrade, the people are waiting.
>>No. 25898
He's writing an update. It's at sub-Harker speeds, but he is writing. I don't know if he wants me showing the pastebin link, though.
>>No. 25901
>sub-Harker

Daaamn. That's nearly reaching Scorn territory. Be that as it may, hooray!
>>No. 25903
File 125308543925.jpg - (63.81KB, 450x300, sovietprop1.jpg) [iqdb]
25903
>>25898

Hooray!
>>No. 25904
>>25901
You must be joking. Scorn hasn't written a thing in a year or so.
He will never write a thing again. Scorn is DEAD.
>>No. 25905
>>25904

Why must you crush my dreams so?
>>No. 25906
>>25901
>>25904
>>25905

False Anon trolling himself lol.
>>No. 34755
So, a bot bumped this and got deleted, then?
[Return][Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x