-  [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return][Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject  (Reply to 62870)
Message
Captcha
File
Password (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM, WEBP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 144662246793.jpg - (647.59KB, 1300x767, 2b81be1cff0832b02c032dfc1465042a.jpg) [iqdb]
62870No. 62870
An experimental story at the last minute for the >>/gensokyo/13978 contest. Please, vote or ignore at your leisure.

-------


You're tired. Absolutely exhausted in fact. You probably would've just collapsed immediately if it weren't for finding her.

Yes, her! She's right there in your peripheral vision, you see her, and she sees you. Maybe. Your vision is rather blurry right now.

You have a strong feeling to interact with her. But just what action to take?

[_] FIGHT
[_] TALK
[_] RUN
[_] OTHER? (Specify)
Expand all images
>>No. 62872
[x] TALK

I'M EXHAUSTED BEYOND BELIEF AS WE SPEAK SO THIS IS PROTAGONIST IS RELATABLE AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED
>>No. 62873
[X]TALK

GET THEE SOME WORDS GOING
>>No. 62874
[X] TALK

WE DO NOT WANT TO DIE, SO OPEN A DIALOUGE
>>No. 62875
[x] TALK

IF IN DOUBT ALWAYS TALK TO THE TOUHOU
>>No. 62876
File 144664827447.jpg - (230.66KB, 640x480, 88665276995ab619d49076bb5f2947b1.jpg) [iqdb]
62876
[x] OTHER?
-[x] DINNER

Uh, shit, wrong story.
Meh, it's okay: how are we gonna fight if we can barely stand?
>>No. 62886
[X] TALK

What else to do but chat? You're not even sure where that thought of fighting or running came from. After all, weren't you trying to meet her in the first place?

You begin to speak, but you just can't think of any topic to go on. Feels like ages since you talked to someone, or anyone at all in fact. Still, you swore you had something to say to her. You make a mental note to REMEMBER something to talk about.

But there's no sense in stopping, is there? You throw out some common icebreakers; How are you? Nice day, isn't it? Wanna go do something? Dinner maybe?

Getting a better look, she's quite confused. In fact, she actually looks rather concerned right now. And not because a train suddenly slammed into you.

Huh, where that come from? As your body soars through the air, you make another note to EXAMINE everything around you, even if it's the last thing you do.

Although frankly, as your body hits the floor, with an audible crunch there's isn't any time for that.

BAD END












...
-------


You're tired. Absolutely exhausted in fact. You probably would've just collapsed immediately if it weren't for finding her after so long.

Yes, her! She's right there in your peripheral vision, you see her, and she sees you. Maybe. Your vision is rather blurry right now.

You have a strong feeling to interact with her. But just what action to take?

[_] EXAMINE (Who/What?)
[_] TALK (Say What?)
[_] REMEMBER (Who/What?)
[_] OTHER?
>>No. 62888
[x] EXAMINE - YOUR SURROUNDINGS FOR ANY INCOMING TRAINS
[X] TALK - TO WOMAN - ASK FOR HELP
>>No. 62892
[X] REMEMBER (Circumstances of last death)

If we do this enough times in a row, we'll REMEMBER our way through the whole thing!

We'll get through this ARCADE STYLE!!! Through TRIAL AND ERROR BASED PURELY ON MEMORY!
>>No. 62896
[X] REMEMBER (Circumstances of last death)

I wonder how many bad ends we'll face using this method of progression! Exciting!
>>No. 62901
[_] EXAMINE HER

We don't need to vote to remember, it's implicit since the whole point is to use clues gleaned from each attempt to find the action that leads to the good ending.

I think I've seen a text adventure with the same concept before.
>>No. 62902
[x] EXAMINE HER
>>No. 62919
>>62901
EXAMINE and REMEMBER does seem a little redundant, I'll try to make the choices less repetitive and more advancing. But for now:

-----

[X] REMEMBER (Circumstances of last death)
[X] EXAMINE HER

You looked around for any incoming trains. You're not sure why, but you felt like one ran you over just now. The area between you and her still seems blurry, but you manage to see what looks like cracks in the air to your right. And are those ribbons on the edges? You almost feel curious enough to inspect them, but your attention points towards her.

Her. Her. Her. You're not sure why most of your thoughts are about her, or why you feel like you should GET to her, no matter what. Yet, what else to do? You've spent a long time to find her. How long? You don't remember. You don't remember much.

Still, she seems different. You can't put your finger on it. Is it the parasol she's carrying? Her expression is indeterminable at this distance, and she doesn't seem to want to make the first move. Only you could take a closer look...

*CRASH*

Oh right, the train.

BAD END


...
---
You're tired. Absolutely exhausted in fact. You probably would've just collapsed immediately if it weren't for finding her after so long.

Yes, her! You think it's her, seems a lot like her. But she isn't. Maybe. Your vision is blurry right now. Looks like you need to get closer...

You recall a TRAIN coming at you from the side, somehow. Getting out of the way before it comes seems like a good idea.

You have a strong feeling to GET to her her. But just what action to take?

[_] WALK
[_] RUN
[_] DIVE
[_] OTHER
>>No. 62924
[x] DIVE TO her

The plane! The pla- I mean, the train! The train!
>>No. 62930
I'll just formally say I'm dropping out of the contest. I feel kinda bad for doing so, but I also feel bad for trying to continue a sloppy mess of a CYOA (if you could even call it that). I will say though, it was still fun trying to update daily, and I did learn a few things from trying to do this (namely, don't). Maybe I'll enter another future contest entry that isn't so experimental, or actually coherent/decent.

But for now, I'll just go back to being Anonymous and vote on the other contest entries. It's been a while since I've seen THP active, and I'm liking the stories!
>>No. 62932
A darned shame, writefag. I thought this entry was cute. Thanks for your time~
>>No. 62934
Sorry to hear that. Glad you had fun though. See you around!
>>No. 62936
Good work and thanks. Hoping to see you writing something else someday!
>>No. 62941
Oh, too bad. I though this was a fun idea.
[Return][Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x