[Return]
Archived Thread

File 122272937559.jpg - (344.29KB , 640x524 , e2b0f21b.jpg ) [iqdb]
8399 No. 8399
[ ] "Your mistress is a kind and a noble one, with undying loyalty to her own. It is by no fault of hers that we were to cross blades, nor was it an honest victory for me."
[ ] "What I am is a good person in a bad situation; one wrought by Yukari, whom I intend to come to terms with."


"Your mistress is a kind and a noble one, with undying loyalty to her own. It is by no fault of hers that we were to cross blades, nor was it an honest victory for me."

You carefully deliver each word with trained ease, words and voice shifting from praise in the beginning into slightly apologetic tone at the end. Chen looks slightly more at ease as your silver tongue praises her mistress. As she seems placated for the moment you return to treating the golden-tailed one. The wrappings will need to be changed eventually, and would it not be a good idea to let Chen take over? You turn your head back towards Chen who now is looking up at you with some skepticism evident in her expression.

"Um... Mister says nice things, but Chen still doesn't understand. Why did Mister fight with Ran-sama?" Apparently this cat is more insightful than you thought. Or maybe you simply didn't answer well enough. A man can find ten thousand motivations for his every action after all, but in your case there is only one answer that is truthful.

Yukari. It is she who has brought you here. You speak softly in order to submerge the embers of anger still smouldering at the back of your mind. It wouldn't do to give in to the fury now.

"What I am is a good person in a bad situation; one wrought by Yukari, whom I intend to come to terms with." You draw a deep breath and speak in a voice cold as the heart of rime-shrouded Niefelheim.

"She has wronged me, stealing away hearth and home, kith and kin. To far-flung Gensokyo she brought me that day.
Vengeance I seek, for one who is worthy, one of far-famed name, Veratýr victory-bringer will reward his worthy deeds.
Yet the unworthy, one without faith or courage, hated in the sight of the one seated upon Hlidskjalf the wicked one is.
No rest nor respite will dark one find, for Allfather's will be done by his servants, noble heroes of honour and majesty.
In Odin's name I swear, Yukari Yakumo has wronged me and Raven-God's eye is upon her."

"Y-yukari-sama did?" Chen blinks a few times, apparently overwhelmed by the force of your poetry, then her expression sours. She clenches her fists and yells angrily at you. "I don't believe you! Yukari-sama is good and smart and always kind!"

Strangely enough this outburst doesn't anger you, on the contrary the little girl's faith in her family is quite endearing. Odin's wisdom taught the wise stray-singer to trust his kin, and can you fault the little one for living by the High One's song? With a gentle smile you reach out and pat the black cat on her head. Chen's face immediately shifts from indignation to adorable confusion.

"Believe what you will little one, for it is the true heart that keeps faith between kin." You ruffle her hair slightly before withdrawing your hand and catching Chen's gaze with your own. "Live by the song of Odin Hveðrungr little one. The noble soul kneels to no man and lives to die on wide-stretched Vígríðr." Almost absentmindedly you check back on Ran, noting that the cloths have to be moistened again. Yet this is not to be your lot, for you have lingered in this place for too long already.

"It would be wise to change the cloths from time to time." You comment before turning around and walking out of the room. Behind you you can hear Chen starting to work on rewetting the bandages.

The sound calms your mind as you walk outside again. The chariot of Sol runs towards the end of her journey for this day. Soon the crimson red of the evening sun will colour heaven and earth. The poetic part of your mind finds this quite fitting. Yet something is missing from this scene. Where is the bold black-white? You take a better look around you, but Marisa is nowhere in sight.


[ ] Try to find Marisa.

[ ] Watch and wait for Yukari.

[ ] Ransack the houses around you.

------------------

Terribly sorry for the overlong absence. IRL stuff came up suddenly.

>> No. 8400
[X] Try to find Marisa.

She's probably just looting, but she's still a wildcard, and it would be unwise to keep her out of sight for too long.
>> No. 8401
[X] Try to find Marisa.
Also goddamn that Sigurd is manly
>> No. 8402
Hooray!

[x] Try to find Marisa.
>> No. 8403
[ x ] Try to find Marisa.

[ ] Ransack the houses around you.

THEY DONT CALL IT RAPE AND PILLAGE FOR A REASON.
>> No. 8404
[+] Try to find Marisa.
>> No. 8405
[x] Try to find Marisa.

Norseman put easy modo options, therefor its important.
>> No. 8406
[ x ] Try to find Marisa.
>> No. 8407
[x] Try to find Marisa.

This was epic beyond words. Well worth the wait for it.
>> No. 8408
[x] Try to find Marisa.

[x] Grab some food as you check the kitchen.
>> No. 8410
[X] Try to find Marisa.
>> No. 8411
[X] Ransack the houses around you.

We have raped, now let us pillage.
>> No. 8416
Seems like there is a general consensus. I'll try to get another update finished sometime tomorrow.
>> No. 8422
>>8416

runnin out of tomorrow fast
>> No. 8423
>>8422

There's still two and a half hours left, faget.
>> No. 8424
>>8423

You'll eat those words in two and a quarter.
>> No. 8425
>>8424
om nom nom
>> No. 8426
Despite my valiant efforts the update is still resisting. In the worst case this might take until tomorrow.
>> No. 8449
File 122316055850.jpg - (203.15KB , 800x600 , d0c58f79.jpg ) [iqdb]
8449
Behold, I update. There will be at least one update tomorrow, maybe two if voting is fast. This I swear by the name of Odin.

_______________________


[ ] Try to find Marisa.


Where is she? Where is the bold black-white, mighty magician, wielder of shining, woe-bringing stars? No matter where you look there is no trace of her. This shouldn't worry you so, she is powerful, maybe even stronger than you are, and certainly capable of handling herself. No danger or demon in this place should be able to match her. Yet something is amiss, gnawing at your heart and mind like Nidhögg corpse-eater chews the roots of the mighty world tree.

"How fearsome it is." The accusing, spiteful voice within whispers. "A warrior's wounded pride, a woman's wounded heart..:" With a cruel chuckle the voice fades away, but to be honest the silence is so much worse. Some words need not be spoken to be understood. Yet that is of no consequence, you still must find the noble maiden that accompanied you to this place. If this will end badly, then so be it and may Odin call your spirit to his high hall.

Exerting your will comes naturally as you stride up into the sky. The wind blows back your hair as you ascend to the heavens and gaze down upon the earth so far below. Fortunately for your search Marisa isn't the most subtle of women, at least not when she is angry. You immediately head off towards a nearby smouldering ruin that you're certain used to be a house only a short time ago until something incinerated it. As you approach a sense of foreboding grows within you. When your feet touch the ground it keeps growing, and when your eyes behold Marisa you are feeling like a doomed man, like a hero from one of the ancient sagas whose ill fate has already been spun by Urd's hand.

The black-white is standing with her back turned towards you, arms crossed in front of her. Her head is slightly lowered, hiding her face behind the brim of her large pointy hat. Beside you the former building still smokes slightly, giving an unsettling athmosphere to this encounter. You approach her cautiously, slightly unsure how to handle this situation. Reasoning that words have served you well this day you halt a few paces away and try speaking to her.

"Mighty Marisa, wise witch, star-bringer, sky-sailer. Will you hear my words?" She must have heard you but gives no reply, stinging your pride slightly with this display of contempt. If your words won't attract her attention there are other ways, and those you will employ if you have to. Thus you walk closer until you stand directly behind the black-white one. As you are about to address her again, the young witch spins around to face you, taking you completely by surprise as she delivers a good punch to your gut.

"You idiot -ze!" She punches you again while yelling furiously. "Dummy! Meanie!" Tears well up in her eyes as she pounds your chest with her fists. The punches don't really hurt, but you find that your mind is stunned like some small animal hearing the cry of sharp-eyed eagle, noble king of the skies.

"Don't you care at all about a young girl's feelings? I was scared half to death! Take responsibility for your actions -ze!" The flurry of small blows stops for a second as Marisa halts to wipe a few stray tears out of her eyes. She looks up at you, her expression a mix of anger and wounded feelings. Somehow you feel slightly bad about yourself right now, despite knowing that you really shouldn't. But this pause also lets you compose yourself slightly. Your mind spins into motion again, furiously thinking of what to do or say right now. You must...


[ ] Apologize for whatever you've done.

[ ] Defend yourself. You have done nothing to deserve this.

[ ] Rage. Who the hell does she think you are?

[ ] Laugh. This is completely absurd.

[ ] Run away. This clearly is a battle you cannot win.
>> No. 8452
[ x ] Point out this girl's hypocrisy. She accuses you of playing with her emotions, and yet she was all too eager to torment the cat-child
>> No. 8453
[ !/ ] Point out this girl's hypocrisy. She accuses you of playing with her emotions, and yet she was all too eager to torment the cat-child
>> No. 8454
[ x ] Point out this girl's hypocrisy. She accuses you of playing with her emotions, and yet she was all too eager to torment the cat-child
>> No. 8456
[W] Point out this girl's hypocrisy. She accuses you of playing with her emotions, and yet she was all too eager to torment the cat-child
>> No. 8457
[x] Point out this girl's hypocrisy. She accuses you of playing with her emotions, and yet she was all too eager to torment the cat-child.
>> No. 8458
>[x] Point out this girl's hypocrisy. She accuses you of playing with her emotions, and yet she was all too eager to torment the cat-child

THIS SHIT WILL NEVER WORK

[x] She looks so small now, like a child. Of course, that's because she is a child. You know that the easiest way to console a child is a hug.
[x] Tell her that you never meant to make her sad, or worried, or angry.
>> No. 8459
[x] She looks so small now, like a child. Of course, that's because she is a child. You know that the easiest way to console a child is a hug.
[x] Tell her that you never meant to make her sad, or worried, or angry.

Wow, way to alienate the few comrades you have, guys.
>> No. 8461
[x] She looks so small now, like a child. Of course, that's because she is a child. You know that the easiest way to console a child is a hug.
[x] Tell her that you never meant to make her sad, or worried, or angry.
>> No. 8463
[ lI ] She looks so small now, like a child. Of course, that's because she is a child. You know that the easiest way to console a child is a hug.
[ lI ] Tell her that you never meant to make her sad, or worried, or angry.
>> No. 8464
>>8462

>>8458 here. No.
>> No. 8466
>>8462

To be honest, I don't see much a difference between the first six votes and the influx of new votes, other than the fact that the first six had a different "mark" each time(which means jack shit, by the way)

I posted >>8459 4 minutes after the first guy posted his write-in because I liked it better and thought the first write-in was straying into "What the fuck is this crap?" territory. But I doubt anything I say can convince you otherwise.

P.S.: Where were you during >>8286 ? This looks like a repeat of that, but nobody cried about it. Is it because you don't like this vote?
>> No. 8468
This is a can of worms and you're all faggots for opening it.

[ ] She looks so small now, like a child. Of course, that's because she is a child. You know that the easiest way to console a child is a hug.
[ ] Tell her that you never meant to make her sad, or worried, or angry.

Jesus.
>> No. 8471
>>8469
ATTN: Hand-wringing queer

Please get a tripcode so that Anonymous may call you out on what a colossal, mincing faggot you are every time you post.
>> No. 8473
>>8472
>I shall not go so far as to accuse you.

awesome.jpg
>> No. 8475
[x] She looks so small now, like a child. Of course, that's because she is a child. You know that the easiest way to console a child is a hug.
[x] Tell her that you never meant to make her sad, or worried, or angry.

She's frantic and scared. Calm her down.
>> No. 8477
>>8476

Personally, I'd go for the one that's less likely to have Marisa turn on us and/or leave us for dead and is more likely to preserve morale, considering we're about to fight the Gapbitch any time now.

The poor girl's about to break here.
>> No. 8479
>>8478

We don't have to forgive her.

But I think we can save the scolding and wordplay for when she's not unstable and we aren't in an ALART ALART scenario.
>> No. 8482
>>8481
>[ ] Laugh. This is completely absurd.
>> No. 8485
>>8483

I don't know, from the looks of things she's either

1. Misinterpreted any messages we've made towards her and developed some sort of schoolyard crush
2. Is pranking us, hard.

If it's 2, raging at her would be playing right into her hands, wouldn't it?
>> No. 8487
[X] Point out this girl's hypocrisy. She accuses you of playing with her emotions, and yet she was all too eager to torment the cat-child.
>> No. 8488
File 122321216996.gif - (42.32KB , 200x204 , 1219100255167.gif ) [iqdb]
8488
You guys are bad at understanding human emotions in stories. It's funny, really.
[X] Laugh. Anon is being completely absurd.
>> No. 8489
Well, this discussion certainly turned out to be an interesting one. Still, there is a certain method to the madness that is my story, so it shouldn't be impossible to figure out what to do here.

And I have a few things I have to get done right now so I'll check back in an hour or two, tally the votes and start writing.
>> No. 8490
>>8479
I agree with this plan.
>> No. 8491
[X] Point out this girl's hypocrisy. She accuses you of playing with her emotions, and yet she was all too eager to torment the cat-child.
>> No. 8492
I'm calling the vote here. Accusing option won.

Writing now.
>> No. 8493
[ ] Point out this girl's hypocrisy. She accuses you of playing with her emotions, and yet she was all too eager to torment the cat-child.


Yes, you must point out this girl's hypocrisy. She accuses you of playing with her emotions, and yet she was all too eager to torment the cat-child.

"You say I am cruel, that wronged you I have. Yet was it not the wicked witch's words that hurt the heart of the twin-tailed one? Who is the black-white to speak of responsibility? Who is she to speak judgement, like learned law-speaker at the Althing?"

Marisa recoils from your words, then lifts an accusing finger and shoots back an indignant reply. "Oh yeah? I'll have you know that two wrongs don't make a right -ze! You didn't hafta be mean like that." In response you simply cross your arms and meet her stare. Does she even try to make sense anymore? Or is there something else behind all this?

The two of you stand like this for a few long seconds until a sly half-smile spreads across the features of the black-white one. "It's not gonna work, is it -ze?" She asks in a voice full of suppressed amusement. Then her face shifts into a wide grin as she starts to laugh at some joke unknown to you.

"But I really got you for a moment, you should've seen your face -ze." She chuckles softly and continues. "Oh look at me, big bad Sigurd, all shocked by a crying girl. You're a real softy inside y'know."

While you're now quite certain that she is making fun of you, you still don't know how you should respond, disoriented as you are by this turn of events. Fortunately Marisa keeps talking, sparing you from having to think up a reply.

"Nah, I'm just messin' with you like last time -ze. Still doesn't seem to work that well. Alice and Reimu are much easier to prod." Again, she flashes you that smile, both infuriating and adorable at the same time. "And you really were rude to yell like that -ze. Now we're even!"

"Strange is this land, where common courtesy is neither common not courteous." You grumble in reply, still slightly rattled by the sudden swings this conversation has taken. To go this far only to set up some elaborate joke, what kind of person would do that? Yet regardless of this it is clear that there is only one proper thing to do in this situation.


[ ] Rage. Hard.

[ ] Try to get back at Marisa by acting offended.

[ ] Ignore Marisa and get back to what you should be doing.

[ ] Something else? (Write-in).
>> No. 8495
{X} Ignore Marisa and check back on Ran and Chen.
>> No. 8496
[x] Raid the fridge for alcohol.
>> No. 8497
{X} Ignore Marisa and check back on Ran and Chen.
>> No. 8498
File 122324541329.jpg - (109.52KB , 600x800 , d3f2a611d057319b700a9ccfc9f21869.jpg ) [iqdb]
8498
[!/] Ignore Marisa and check back on Ran and Chen.
>> No. 8502
[x] Rage. Hard.
[x] Oh, who are you kidding. You can't stay mad at Marisa forever.
[x] Give Marisa a Viking Hug™.

Given that we've fought a Chimera, then Ran, and thus are possibly coated with sweat and three different types of blood, I wonder what a Viking Hug™ smells like.
>> No. 8503
This idea is too (bad to the point of) good to ignore.

[x] Rage. Hard.
[x] Oh, who are you kidding. You can't stay mad at Marisa forever.
[x] Give Marisa a Viking Hug™.
>> No. 8504
[ ] Rage. Hard.
>> No. 8505
>Given that we've fought a Chimera, then Ran, and thus are possibly coated with sweat and three different types of blood, I wonder what a Viking Hug™ smells like.

Manly.
>> No. 8507
[x] Rage. Hard.
[x] Oh, who are you kidding. You can't stay mad at Marisa forever.
[x] Give Marisa a Viking Hug™.
>> No. 8510
She didn't blow up that building as part of a careful ploy to get at you. She really is upset, but she's swallowed her emotions and trying to pass it off as a joke.
>> No. 8511
[x] Rage. Hard.
[x] Oh, who are you kidding. You can't stay mad at Marisa forever.
[x] Give Marisa a Viking Hug™.
>> No. 8512
[X] Ignore Marisa and check back on Ran and Chen.
>> No. 8514
>>8513

Yeah well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

You have an obvious dislike for Marisa's character; your problem here is an aesthetic one. The sooner you admit to this, the sooner we can get through this little shitstorm you seem intent on stirring.
>> No. 8515
>>8514

>>Yeah well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Do you think we're stoners and actually talk like that? Because I know I'm not.

Anywho,
[ ] Ignore Marisa and get back to what you should be doing.
[ ] In other words, check back on Ran and Chen

TAILS FEEL SO GOOD~
>> No. 8516
File 122326768445.jpg - (101.27KB , 387x500 , thedude.jpg ) [iqdb]
8516
>>8515
God damn you Tripfag! You fuckin' asshole! Everything's a fuckin' travesty with you, man! And what was all that shit about Wolf & Spice? What the FUCK, has anything got to do with Wolf & Spice? What the fuck are you talking about?
>> No. 8518
[X] Ignore Marisa and check back on Ran and Chen.

Needs more Ran.
>> No. 8519
>>8515

You best be trolling nigger.
>> No. 8520
>>8498

This is making me HNNGGGGGGG
>> No. 8521
>>8516

I lol'd.
>> No. 8525
Can we have Chen Route?
Something like the Sunohana Route.
>> No. 8526
Still an interesting discussion. To give a little hint I can reveal that there is a point, and indeed even several literary precedents for seemingly assholish behaviour in norse myth.

So is Marisa pushing Sigurd's buttons just for the hell of it, or is there some other reason behind her behaviour?

And there will probably be another update tomorrow. Wednesday at the latest, honest.
>> No. 8539
>>8516
Fuck it, Anon. Let's go trolling.
>> No. 8547
File 12234101996.jpg - (85.05KB , 500x500 , 63976057.jpg ) [iqdb]
8547
[ ] Ignore Marisa and check back on Ran and Chen.


This is absurd. The black-white has had her little fun at your expense, but you can't manage to summon any anger towards her. Not because her words did not offend you, but rather because the childishness of her act. Instead you turn around and head back from whence you came.

"Hey, hey Sigurd, where'cha going?" Marisa's words follow you, but they are easily dismissed. If she wishes to behave like a child you shall pay her as much attention as you give any village brat. By the name of Odin, doesn't the realize that you have more important things to do than playing games with her?

"Sigurd? Hey Sigurd why won't ya answer?" You turn your head slightly and see the black-white floating alongside you, her expression unreadable. Against better judgement you answer her, your words and tone tinged with slight acid.

"The wise spell-singers of yore told that all men have a measured time that they may walk the earth. By War-binger's favour and grace of Eir a man lives long, yet no less precious than Otter's ransom is a single day of a man's life." You glance at Marisa as you continue speaking in a more composed tone. "Thus I shall waste no time, thus I shall play no foolish games. Wounded is the golden-tail, with but her servant with her. the time of this man is better spent there."

You notice Marisa's expression souring slightly as you speak. She lowers her head, and strangely enough you could swear that she shakes it ever so slightly. Suddenly she floats ahead of you, raising her head again and speaking in a strangely serious voice, so different from her normal cheerfulness.

"Sigurd, I'll tell ya this only once so..." Her voice trails off as you unceremonoiusly walk past her. You note her look of bewilderment out of the corner of your eye, and then a blur of black and white flies up ahead of you. The young witch is now directly in front of you, arms outstretched and a fierce look in her eyes. Her tone is still serious, but also slightly pleading as she tries to catch your attention.

"Hey, listen to me! This is important you know -ze." Somehow you feel hesitant to acknowledge something that might just be another foolish joke of hers. But then again why does she act like this? Can something else be at work here? Something beyound your knowledge or comprehension? Suddenly you notice that you've been slowing your steps, nearly stopping in front of Marisa. She looks up at you expectantly, and again you feel unsure about what to do.


[ ] Keep ignoring her. This can't be worth your time.

[ ] Hear her out, but she'd best be quick about this.

[ ] Enough with this. Demand that she explains herself and her actions.
>> No. 8548
[X] She's been a reliable ally thus far, aside from not knowing when to quit. Hear her out, but if it's another joke, don't stop again - You've had enough of this.
>> No. 8549
[x] Hear her out, but she'd best be quick about this.
>> No. 8550
[x] Hear her out, but she'd best be quick about this.
>> No. 8551
{X} Hear her out, but she'd best be quick about this.
>> No. 8562
[x] Hear her out, but she'd best be quick about this.
>> No. 8564
[x] Hear her out, but she'd best be quick about this.

Quit being a dick, Sigurd.
>> No. 8565
[!/] Hear her out, but she'd best be quick about this.

>>8564

But we are eh Vikings.
>> No. 8567
[x] Hear her out, but she'd best be quick about this.

No more bullshit I hope.
>> No. 8571
[X] Hear her out, but she'd best be quick about this.

>>8564
We're being dicks about this?
>> No. 8573
[x] Hear her out, but she'd best be quick about this.
>> No. 8578
[X] Hear her out, but she'd best be quick about this.
>> No. 8579
[X] Hear her out, but she'd best be quick about this.

But without hurrying her if she is serious, which I think she is.

Incoming confession?
>> No. 8621
UPDATE
>> No. 8626
By public demand I am writing as of now.
>> No. 8627
>>8626

By overwhelming fatigue, the rest of the writing is postponed until tomorrow morning.

Selfsage for unacceptable weakness.
>> No. 8628
>>8627
I would normally be angry but I am ridiculously tired also
Sleep well easy~
>> No. 8641
I update in Odin's name.

________________________


[ ] Hear her out, but she'd best be quick about this.


You halt in front of the black-white one, reasoning that you owe her at least this much. She may speak, but it best be brief and as vital as she claims. Seeing that you're willing to listen, Marisa drops down to the ground and starts speaking.

"There's two kinds of outsiders that end up in Gensokyo, those who settle down peacefully an' those who don't." She cocks her head and gives you an odd look, one that you cannot interpret at all. She speaks carefully, but she also seems almost insecure, both very odd when it comes to Marisa.

"Y'see the problem is that you're not the type who'll settle down quietly, are ya?" She slowly shakes her head at her own question. Seeing no falsehood in her assessment you remain silent, inwardly questioning the point of listening to her. If she tells you the obvious, is she not merely wasting your time? The wandering of your mind is cut short by an annoyed yell from the black-white.

"Hey! You listen to me Sigurd! I dunno where you're from but Gensokyo is more dangeous than wherever your home is -ze. When you outsiders meet a youkai you all think it's just some little girl, but they aren't." Her voice rises as she speaks, revealing a startling loss of composure from the black-white one. She looks down before continuing, hiding her face from your view. "Ya can't go around helping 'em out and being nice, 'cause some of 'em will just gut you anyway an' wear your hide as a little cape. You outsiders are all the same, too soft every single one of you -ze!"

The fires within flicker to life as Marisa falls quiet. Soft? Does she insult a son of Odin? Without thinking you raise a protest against her claim, speaking in a voice of outrage and disbelief.

"Dare you call me weak? Soft? None of those I am, by the name of Odin..." Marisa's head rises, and her golden eyes are filled with anger as she yells back at you. Taken aback by this sudden burst of rage your objection peters out, replaced by a vague sense of shock.

"Yes you are! I saw you fight that fox Youkai, 'an you didn't take her seriously at all. Unless I'd been there to pull you outta the frying pan you'd be blasted to tiny pieces -ze!" She raises her good hand and points at you while continuing her furious tirade.

"And then when she was harmless you went and helped her and made promises to her. Didja think that she'll thank you for it when she recovers? She won't you know, when Yukari gets back both of 'em are going to come looking for ya, an' then you'll be sorry you didn't stick a knife in her when ya had the chance -ze!" Marisa's voice almost cracks from the strain of yelling like this, and she shifts into a hushed voice, now full of emotion and concern.

"And even if you survive fightin' Ran and Yukari you'll just end up in another battle, 'cause that's the way you are. And then, one day, you'll pick a fight with someone who's much tougher an' meaner than you -ze." You desperately want to protest, to cast away her words. Your soul rages against the very thought Marisa is implying, but at the same time body and mind are transfixed by the young witch. Her eyes are strangely distant even as she speaks dire words straight to your heart.

"You'll go off all cocksure and brave, and you'll fight and lose, and then you'll die, all because you're not hard and mean enough to do what you hafta do." The black-white looks you straight into the eye, a few tears forming in the corner of her golden eyes.

"And then someone will be left behind, crying because you're such an idiot and 'cause she misses you lots..." Marisa's words slowly trail off as she breaks eye contact with you, but you barely notice. These are only words, and yet it feels like one of Jötunheim's lords has smashed his fist straight down at you. Marisa's words echo a thousand times within your mind and heart, tearing at your will and body. They demand something from you, but you know not what it is. The silence grows longer and longer as the two of you stand in the rays of the evening sun.


[ ] Write-in only
>> No. 8645
[ ] Indicate, somehow, that you're all too aware of this--you understand all this. You always have.
[ ] A man has to live by a philosophy. The moment he deviates, he is but a walking corpse, dead in spirit.
[ ] But if it is only the death of flesh I face, then I face it gladly, and hope for a wondrous battle.

All that, except Vikingified. Yeah.
>> No. 8646
>"And then someone will be left behind, crying because you're such an idiot and 'cause she misses you lots..."

[x] Sigh heavily. "Would this someone miss this Outsider just as much if he had thrown away his pride, his honor, his courage, everything that drew her to him in the first place? Everything that made him who he is?"
>> No. 8647
[X] Iyam what Iyam an' that's all that Iyam option #3
>> No. 8648
[x] Sigh heavily. "Would this someone miss this Outsider just as much if he had thrown away his pride, his honor, his courage, everything that drew her to him in the first place? Everything that made him who he is?"
>> No. 8649
>>8647
The Popeye option is tempting...

[x] Sigh heavily. "Would this someone miss this Outsider just as much if he had thrown away his pride, his honor, his courage, everything that drew her to him in the first place? Everything that made him who he is?"
>> No. 8650
[x] Sigh heavily. "Would this someone miss this Outsider just as much if he had thrown away his pride, his honor, his courage, everything that drew her to him in the first place? Everything that made him who he is?"
>> No. 8652
[x] Sigh heavily. "Would this someone miss this Outsider just as much if he had thrown away his pride, his honor, his courage, everything that drew her to him in the first place? Everything that made him who he is?"

I like it.
>> No. 8653
[x] Sigh heavily. "Would this someone miss this Outsider just as much if he had thrown away his pride, his honor, his courage, everything that drew her to him in the first place? Everything that made him who he is?"

Sounds like the Sigurd we know.
>> No. 8656
Oh well. So much for the Ran route.
>> No. 8657
>>8656

Sigurd has neither accepted nor rejected Marisa's feelings here. He's just telling her that her feelings and her actions contradict each other.
>> No. 8695
Quite... interesting write-in. However, it does seem there are some assumptions in there that may or may not be true. Are Marisa's feelings and actions really contradictory? And more importantly, would they feel contradictory to a viking?

And unfortunately writing must be suspended until tomorrow at the earliest. Upcoming exams and all that.
>> No. 8705
>>8656
I really don't think so. Sigurd kinda fills the fatherly role in that he's trying to show Marisa the value of sticking to one's principles, and I would think that Ran (being a motherly person) would understand entirely. If anything, this hurts the chances of Marisa's route coming full circle.
>> No. 8706
>>8705

I recall that in some fanon, Marisa has daddy issues, so her attachment might not necessarily be romantic here.
>> No. 8708
>>8706
The notion of Papa Sigurd made me HNNNNNG, and I don't know why.
>> No. 8713
Anon seems to think they know more than white-black much of the time; I wonder if he has considered the option that she may be right?
>> No. 8714
>>8706

You're wrong.
Clearly Marisa is just like a 3-D womens here.
>> No. 8715
Well, I've worked a bit on the update, and it will be finished tomorrow.

Now scoot off and read HY's story, 'cause that's what I'm going to do.
>> No. 8717
>>8713

What's wrong with thinking like a viking?
>> No. 8719
>>8714

She's "pig disgusting," as the /jp/ meme goes?
>> No. 8720
>>8719

Older than /jp/, young one.
>> No. 8733
I was nearly finished with the update when I noticed it was shit. And not salvageable shit either, but the start-over-from-scratch kind.

So yeah, this may take a while longer. We're terribly sorry because of this inconvenience.
>> No. 8740
>>8720
I'M A VIKING
SON OF A BITCH DEMON
DEMON IS PIG
DO YOU WANT A GRILLED EEL?
DO YOU WANT A MEN'S BEER?
DEMON IS PIG DISGUSTING
YUKARI YAKUMO IS A MURDERER
FUCKING GENSOKYO
>> No. 8741
>>8740
Take it easy.
>> No. 8743
>>8740
god help me, I lol'd
>> No. 8746
>>8741
I lol'd easy.
>> No. 8756
>>8740

I must admit that I lol'd as well.

>>8717

Well, from a historical point of view most Vikings were ruthless, so arguably Marisa is in the right here. But what do I know, i'm just the writenigger.


And update is nearly finished, will be posted within thirty minutes.
>> No. 8757
File 122418512799.jpg - (263.12KB , 652x651 , ffc121c7.jpg ) [iqdb]
8757
[ ] Sigh heavily. "Would this someone miss this Outsider just as much if he had thrown away his pride, his honor, his courage, everything that drew her to him in the first place? Everything that made him who he is?"


The harsh glare of Skinfaxi's mane casts long shadows as you ponder the words of the black-white one. High above, on the other side of Svalin's veil, the chariot of Sol nears the end of its daily path, her light burning fierce and red, giving birth to long shadows and crimson sky.

Your mind sharpens as it carefully conjures thought and rhyme. Sharpens until it is honed into an edge alike that of the shadows themselves, strong like sure-footed Arvak and quick as his brother, swift-legged Alsvid. With clarity of mind comes knowledge, from knowledge comes wisdom, and with wisdom one spins words of power. Such is the secret of song and speech, as Allfather taught in to the sons of man far back in the bygone ages.

You sigh heavily and raise your voice, speaking to the golden-haired witch, weawing words of wise doubt and insight.

"Would she?" Marisa's eyes turn back towards you as she hears your voice, glancing up from underneath the brim of her wide hat.

"Would this someone miss this Outsider just as much if he had thrown away his pride, his honor, his courage, everything that drew her to him in the first place? Everything that made him who he is?" You cross your arms in front of you and carefully observe her reaction.

"Well, maybe she would -ze." She crosses her arms in front of her and looks at you, apparently slightly annoyed at your refusal to accept her argument.

"Because it hurts, y'know? Nobody wants to lose anyone they like..." She lowers her head, and you can swear you hear her whisper to herself, her voice barely louder than the flutter of a sparrow's wings.

"...not again -ze."

Even though you cannot see her face, the pain caused by whatever deep memory now haunting the black-white is apparent from her posture. Her shoulders slump and her head sinks further, as if some unseen force is crushing the very spirit from her body. Though it pains you to see her like this you cannot relent. Is it not your blessing that you have Odin's favour, and is it not your curse that this land knows not what that means? They must learn, even if it pains them, and thus you speak.

"Who am I?" You softly ask, stirring the black-white witch from her introspection. She does not lift her head, yet somehow you know you have her attention.

"You speak of outsiders, yet was even one of them a warrior? Did they know the ways of the axe, and how to slay men with gleaming sword? Did they know the secret names of the gods? The spell-songs and the rune-lore, the wisdom that one-eyed Odin paid for with pain and blood?"

Marisa looks up as you speak with a face full of indignation. "Hey, I've met plenty of outsiders -ze! And some of them were warriors, I'll have ya know." You turn your piercing gaze upon her and speak in a voice akin to clash of metal, the roar of the sea and thunder rolling through the distant mountains.

"Yet they were not of the north, they had not the High One's favour. Do you know who he is, the Raven-God's servant, the son of the north, the Viking?"

"N-no..." The black-white's voice is suddenly very small next to your own, still a bit annoyed, slightly confused, but not fearful or cowed in the slightest. You can't help but feel slightly impressed by this, even though you suspect she has met more terrifying beings in the past.

"He is terrible in fury, as are all sons of Odin. In the lands of the franks and greeks men beg their gods to spare them from his wrath." In your mind you conjure images of battle and blood, drawing from the anger within and the memories of death to colour your voice and words with visions of doom and darkness.

"He is gentle to friend and kinsman, as are all sons of Odin. He turns no guest away from his hall, speaks ill of no man, and in all things he lives by Allfather's law." You gradually soften your voice as you speak, shifting from the grim aspect of the battle-rager and spear-swinger into that of the noble tale-weaver and faithful friend.

"And above all, by his own will and honour he must live, or not at all. That is all he is, and nothing else can he be." With this said you cross your arms in front of you and fall silent, for nothing more needs to be said, nor can it be. For a few seconds Marisa is silent as well, though you know not if she is shocked or captivated by your performance.

"He's stubborn, you forgot that..." Marisa grumbles under her breath. And suddenly her face is split by a wide grin full of happiness and energy. "But that was a pretty awesome speech, y'know. Reminds me of why I'm helping out a dummy like you -ze."

She sighs softly and shakes her head, then gives you a stern look, somehow reminiscent of a grandmother lecturing an errant child.

"But you gotta take care of yourself, y'know -ze? Otherwise I..." Marisa abruptly stops and her cheeks turn a shade redder. She quickly breaks eye contact and looks to the side before continuing. "I... I mean, it's not that I'd cry or anything, but Alice would be real upset. Yeah, that's what I was sayin' -ze." Somehow you find the way she tries to avoid your gaze extremely adorable.


[ ] Assure her that you shall not die this day.

[ ] Promise her that if you die you shall battle your way back from the depths of mist-shrouded Niefelheim itself if necessary.

[ ] Playfully ask her if somebody else might get upset by your demise besides Alice.

[ ] Now that she mentions it, where is Alice? Ask Marisa if she can contact the dollmaker.

[ ] Time waits for no man, and you have another battle to fight. Get back to work.
>> No. 8758
[ ] Assure her that you shall not die this day.
[ ] Promise her that if you die you shall battle your way back from the depths of mist-shrouded Niefelheim itself if necessary.
>> No. 8759
[x] Assure her that you shall not die this day.
[x] Promise her that if you die you shall battle your way back from the depths of mist-shrouded Niefelheim itself if necessary.
>> No. 8760
[X] Now that she mentions it, where is Alice? Ask Marisa if she can contact the dollmaker.

We don't wanna get caught flat-footed. Insofar as it's possible to not get caught flat-footed by Yukari, anyway.
>> No. 8761
[X] Assure her that you shall not die this day.

Saying "If I do die..." never helps.
>> No. 8762
[ ] Assure her that you shall not die this day.
>> No. 8780
[x] Assure her that you shall not die this day.

No "ifs".
>> No. 8784
[x] Assure her that you shall not die this day.
[x] Promise her that if you die you shall battle your way back from the depths of mist-shrouded Niefelheim itself if necessary.

Vikings don't die when they are killed.
>> No. 8785
[x] Assure her that you shall not die this day.
>> No. 8786
[x] Assure her that you shall not die this day.
[x] Promise her that if you die you shall battle your way back from the depths of mist-shrouded Niefelheim itself if necessary.
[x] Now that she mentions it, where is Alice? Ask Marisa if she can contact the dollmaker.
>> No. 8787
>>"I... I mean, it's not that I'd cry or anything

SO TSUNDERE!
>> No. 8790
[x] Assure her that you shall not die this day.
[x] Promise her that if you die you shall battle your way back from the depths of mist-shrouded Niefelheim itself if necessary.

Simply because I want to see him fight his way out of Higan.

Successfully.
>> No. 8797
[X] Assure her that you shall not die this day.

[X] Promise her that if you die you shall battle your way back from the depths of mist-shrouded Niefelheim itself if necessary.
>> No. 8801
Calling the vote here. Writing is now commencing.
>> No. 8804
>>8801

Hooray!
>> No. 8815
And there you have it. Next update should be coming on monday or tuesday.

_______________________________

[ ] Assure her that you shall not die this day.
[ ] Promise her that if you die you shall battle your way back from the depths of mist-shrouded Niefelheim itself if necessary.


As you watch Marisa's you find your lips curling into a small smile. It is... charming, the way that she tries to hide her worry. You move closer to her and place your hand on her shoulder, causing her to flinch slightly. There is still a hint of shyness in her eyes as she looks up at you and her cheeks are ever so slightly tinged with red.

"O black-white one, listen as I unlock wide-famed word-hoard. Listen, for this I tell you, true words speak I, or none. Today is not the time when his fate-thread is cut, in this battle skilled song-smith shall not fall."

Marisa seems relieved by this, her expression softens somewhat as you speak words of comfort. Yet you feel that all of her unease is not exorcised. For this day is but one of thousands in your lifetime, and the future is always uncertain. Thus you speak again, strangely eager to soothe Marisa's concern, almost as if something is telling you that the worries of this girl are more important than one would suspect.

"And hear me, O mighty one, hear the oath. For were ill fate to find me and I fall in the unknown future, Hel herself shall not hold me." You raise your gaze to the heavens and speak the powerful words, for no man that you've heard of has come back from the afterlife. But is there not a first time for all things under the sky? You can feel your confidence soar as you speak, the twin fires of will and pride flowing throughout your veins with every heartbeat. Somewhere within you feel something urging you on, something that tells you that you could be more than you are if only you strive for it.

"Even if my spirit is cast into the deepest realms of mist, even if my corpse be crushed by Nidhögg tree-gnawer's fangs I shall not surrender. From the house of Loki's daughter I would rise, driving aside shade and monster until I again reach the worlds of men." You speak softly as you finish the oath of rebirth, the oath of life after death, the oath of ascension.

"What am I then? More than a man, and more than a god. Thor hammer-hurler wrestled her, black grandmother who steals the last breath. In the hall of that crafty giant, in far-famed Utgård Odin's son kneeled before death." You pause for a long second. There is something in the air, an aura of potential and expectation waiting to be coaxed by rhyme and crafted with poetry, shaped into form and turned to power. You oblige its wishes and sing the final words.

"And know, O black-white one, know this O star-bringer, know it three times as I have spoken it. For this oath I would rise above the gods, fair-named and holy."

Marisa gives you a wide-eyed look as you look back to her, as far as you can judge halfway between confusion and amazement. Then she throws back her head and laughs long and loud. Tears of joy stream down her cheeks as her pent-up emotions flow out in a torrent of joy. As she finally composes herself she looks slightly drained, but also more at ease than before. She smiles slightly as she replies, her joyful and adorable face awakening a sublime happiness within you.

"Yeah, you'd do that, wouldn't ya -ze? Even though you're the corniest guy I know." She gives you a wide grin and wipes the tears from her cheeks. Somehow you think you should be offended by this, but something else tells you that there is no malice in her mirth. Instead you decide to remind the black-white of your reason for this quest.

"Yet have we not still one battle before us? Will not our blades rise and sing their battle-song once more?"

Marisa nods and frowns for a moment. She looks down, apparently pondering something. Then she turns back to you and speaks her mind.

"I think we should head back quickly, 'an then get the jump on Yukari as soon as we see her -ze. Would be bad if she fixed up Ran y'know. Even though I'm awesome an' all, those two are hard to deal with when they fight together."


[ ] Marisa's suggestion is good. Do as she says.

[ ] Go along with her plan, but ask Marisa to set a few buildings on fire as you head back. Epic confrontations require a fitting atmosphere.

[ ] More caution is warranted here. Take a roundabout route back, and try to get in touch with Alice as well.
>> No. 8821
[x] Go along with her plan, but ask Marisa to set a few buildings on fire as you head back. Epic confrontations require a fitting atmosphere.

YES! HA HA HA YES!
>> No. 8838
[x] Go along with her plan, but ask Marisa to set a few buildings on fire as you head back. Epic confrontations require a fitting atmosphere.

yesyes.gif
>> No. 8842
[ ] Marisa's suggestion is good. Do as she says.

Let's not be a dick here.
>> No. 8844
>>8842
But being a dick is what Sigurd does best

[X] Marisa's suggestion is good. Do as she says.
>> No. 8845
[þ] Go along with her plan, but ask Marisa to set a few buildings on fire as you head back. Epic confrontations require a fitting atmosphere.

This ought to cheer Marisa up.
>> No. 8847
[X] Marisa's suggestion is good. Do as she says.

Doesn't setting things on fire when Ran can't do anything about it go exactly against what we said about honor, et cetera?
>> No. 8857
[X] Marisa's suggestion is good. Do as she says.
>> No. 8870
[x] Marisa's suggestion is good. Do as she says.
>> No. 8893
[x] Go along with her plan, but ask Marisa to set a few buildings on fire as you head back. Epic confrontations require a fitting atmosphere.

fuck yes
>> No. 8894
[O] Marisa's suggestion is good. Do as she says.
>> No. 8920
It seems as if arson option has lost and regular ambushan gaems have won.

Thus I am writing.
>> No. 8921
File 122454299528.jpg - (125.25KB , 621x610 , 121816576484.jpg ) [iqdb]
8921
Update as promised. I'll have a lot of free time this week, so there probably will be at least one, maybe two updates a day until saturday as long as I get votes in a reasonable timeframe.

_________________________


[ ] Marisa's suggestion is good. Do as she says.


Time is indeed of the essence. You nod to Marisa and start jogging back towards the high hall of Gensokyo's daemon. For some strange reason you contemplate arson on a massive scale, but quickly dismiss the idea. A part of your mind wonders why you would want to burn this village in the first place. Another seems disappointed at the lack of flames and ash. No matter, it would be a waste of time and energy anyway.

With Marisa floating silently by your side you make your way back to the square. The bold black-white lands slightly ahead and turns to face you. With a sly smile she looks around her before speaking her mind.

"Hey Sigurd -ze? Maybe we should hide inside one of these houses, an' then jump Yukari when she shows up?" Marisa grins and clenches her fist. "Then I'll spark her straight in ther face, man that'd be awesome -ze!" With a single motion she reaches within her dress and pulls forth her mini-hakkero and waves it around. "Bam, just like that. That'd teach her not to be such a rude bitch -ze."

Of course, her suggestion is perfectly sound. The one who strikes unseen is always wise, for he has the greatest advantage. Yet you will not... no, for some reason you can not agree with her tactics. You feel as if this day was created for you, and that the eyes of the world are upon your deeds. You must face Yukari face to face if there is to be any satisfactory conclusion to this quest of yours.

"Nay, O fair one. We wait here, for in his heart this warrior feels the caress of Urd's touch, the hand of gray grandmother, keeper of Yggdrasill's high well." Marisa gives you a slightly disappointed look, but she doesn't argue against you. For a moment you feel relived, but only for a moment. Then you notice what is amiss.

You realize now that there is a subtle pressure mounting inside your head, but whether it's stress, excitement or the hand of fate you cannot tell. To your surprise you find your breathing is quick and laboured. Cold sweat flows down your back, and your heart beats like a drum, throbbing faster and faster as you sense your destiny closing in. Something tells you to watch carefully, to spy like sharp-sighted Heimdall. You oblige the instinct and immediately see the aberration, the bleeding pinprick on the fabric of reality.

The eyes of a lesser man might well have missed it. First it is but a mere line, a strip of pure black thin as a strand of hair. Then the darkness between worlds splits open before you, strangely beautiful in the evening sun. Red rays of light glint from the ink-black madness staring out at you with a thousand red eyes. You fix your gaze upon the strange and alien orbs within the tear in the veil, and note, not without satisfaction, that none of the eyes will meet your gaze.

"Where is your mistress?" You hiss between your teeth. You're not really expecting an answer, but it does serve to vent some tension.

"Here she comes -ze." Marisa cheerfully replies anyway. Her words are true, for the very next moment the one you've sought is there.

She is even more radiant than you remember. White, purple and gold-spun hair contrast with the dark band of nothingness and red eyes she reclines upon, a large parasol hiding her face from your eyes. Slowly she moves it aside, and her deep, purple eyes catch yours, widening with recognition. In the face of Yukari Yakumo you can now clearly see a mixture of joy and satisfaction as her lips curve upwards into a small, cunning smile. She watches you, as a man might watch a prize bull or a fine longship, and if she notices the rage in your eyes she gives no sign of it.

"Kill her." The cold, calculating part within your mind states, its ice-touch hardening your mind into a spear carved from the heart of a glacier.

"Kill her!" The rage within screams, for where only a moment ago there were but embers, now a blazing pyre roars within your soul.

"Kill her." The whispering, cunning voice hisses, the suggestion almost irresistably compelling.

Your limbs twitch, and your hands instinctively close around the hilt of your dagger. It would be so easy, only a quick leap forward and you could bury your steel fang in her throat, cut out her heart, pluck out her eyes and feed them to Odin's birds. Any man if lesser will would undoubtedly do so, but your mental discipline keeps the murderous rage at bay for the moment. Your foeman is in sight, and the reckoning approaches. Your mind is still yours and yours alone. There is but one thing to do.


[ ] Dye this place red with the blood of your hated foe.

[ ] Tell her of her crimes, and of your quest for vengeance. Tell her to repent, or to face your blade.

[ ] Tell her she is doomed, and that you shall be the instrument of her death.

[ ] Demand an explanation from her. Why has she brought you here?

[ ] Remain silent, wait for her to speak first.

[ ] Do something else (write-in).
>> No. 8922
[x] Tell her of her crimes, and of your quest for vengeance. Tell her to repent, or to face your blade.

Viking honor.
>> No. 8923
[X] Demand an explanation from her. Why has she brought you here?
>> No. 8924
[x] Tell her of her crimes, and of your quest for vengeance. Tell her to repent, or to face your blade.


Needs some more song smithing.
>> No. 8926
[!/] Tell her of her crimes, and of your quest for vengeance. Tell her to repent, or to face your blade
>> No. 8927
[x] Tell her of her crimes, and of your quest for vengeance. Tell her to repent, or to face your blade.

Repent! Repent ye vile witch!
>> No. 8928
[x] Demand an explanation from her. Why has she brought you here?
>> No. 8929
[SUFFICIENT VOTES] Tell her of her crimes, and of your quest for vengeance. Tell her to repent, or to face your blade
>> No. 8931
[x] Demand an explanation from her. Why has she brought you here?

Pissing against the tide.
>> No. 8932
[x] Tell her of her crimes, and of your quest for vengeance. Tell her to repent, or to face your blade.

Make it poetic tale.
>> No. 8944
All right, writing now.
>> No. 8945
>>8944

hooray!
>> No. 8949
File 122460390366.jpg - (301.43KB , 700x906 , 120884853927.jpg ) [iqdb]
8949
[ ] Tell her of her crimes, and of your quest for vengeance. Tell her to repent, or to face your blade.


Flexing your willpower you force away the hate, rage and whispering voices. Before anything else she must know why your vengeance is upon her, she must repent her crimes, or you shall take your payment in blood and tears.

"Fu fu fu..." Her soft laughter rekindles your anger, but before you can speak her melodic sing-song voice reaches your ears.

"This is so much better than I ever could have hoped for." She reaches into the gap and pulls out a small fan, flicks it open and hides her smile behind the elaborately decorated paper. "To think that you actually came here, without me having to lift a finger." She sighs happily and folds the fan together. "If only all my little pets were so well-behaved."

"And you brought a friend as well. Hello Marisa-chan, you look so pretty today." Yukari slowly licks her lips as she turns her eyes on the black-white. You glance at the witch, noting that her face is suddenly as red as a tomato. Does the dark demon try to ignore you? That will not do, that will not do at all.

"Silence, woman." You growl with a voice as venomous as Jörmungandr's etter. The arrogance! The impudence! Who does she think you are?

Yukari's eyes widen slightly in surprise at your outburst. Perhaps she assumed that you wouldn't dare to speak like that to her? This thought infuriates you further, and your next words are close to a roar, forceful as a storm-wave crashing against the shore. With your blood burning like the fires of Muspelheim you proclaim your grievance, and your demand for vengeance.

"Listen, O accused one.
Law and lore I know,
words of Odin and wisdom of yore.

Listen, O accused one.
Strong is my arm, battle-tested,
and my blade is forged from justice.

Listen, O accused one,
for three times have I spoken,
calling you to answer for foul deeds."

With wide eyes and a blissful look on her beautiful features the dark one silently watches you. For a second or two the silence lives, only to be killed by the voice of the daemon.

"Oh my... You're not afraid at all, are you?" Her voice indicates that she is slightly surprised, yet you cannot shake the feling that this is somehow what she wanted all along. With rage in your heart you again roar out your demand.

"Answer me woman! I have fought my way here, washed my blades with wound-water. Your guardians are defeated, as are your servants." You draw your dagger as you speak, and gaze deep into Yukari's eyes. As you mention her sevants you think you can make out a small flash of hesitation and disbelief on her expression, but it's gone as soon as you noticed it. Emboldened by this show of vulnerability you draw a deep breath and speak to her in a grim voice.

"You stand alone woman, alone against the one who seeks vengeance. Now repent your crime, or I shall collect my due." You raise your dagger, the metal glittering in the last rays of Skinfaxi's mane. Yukari's eyes suddenly seem distant, as if her mind had wandered to other matters. A moment later they refocus and her clear gaze again meets your own.

"You... you actually defeated Ran?" Something new has entered her expression now. Something you cannot recognize. It is almost like... desire?

"Oh, my dear boy. I simply must have you now." She flicks her fan open again and hides her seductive smile behind it. "Aah, I haven't felt this excited in a long time~."

This is both strange and confusing. What does she really want from you? What is her motive in this matter? But does that really make any difference? She has not repented yet, not with word or deed. And have you not promised her something? You feel as if you want to know, that you need to know, but at the same time your honour calls for blood and fire. Yet... she is beautiful. A part of your mind objects to the wastefulness of destroying such a pretty thing.

Yet a decision must be made. One way or another you must end this.


[ ] If she will not repent for her crimes, you shall wash away the stain on your honour with her lifeblood.

[ ] What does she mean? What does she want from you? You must know.

[ ] If she will not repent, she must repay you with service. Would it not be right and proper to make her your thrall?
>> No. 8951
[ ] If she will not repent for her crimes, you shall wash away the stain on your honour with her lifeblood.
>> No. 8952
[X] What does she mean? What does she want from you? You must know.
>> No. 8953
[x] What does she mean? What does she want from you? You must know.

This is the second time this option has been presented.

I've GOT to pick it now.
>> No. 8954
[X] What does she mean? What does she want from you? You must know.
>> No. 8956
[X] If she will not repent for her crimes, you shall wash away the stain on your honour with her lifeblood.

Hey Marisa! Let's talk about honor and why we can't break it, then go ahead and forget our own words!

It doesn't matter to know why the crimes against you have taken place if you're going to punish the criminal anyway.
>> No. 8958
>>8956

It goes against our honor code to ask her motivation?

What?

And as for "it doesn't matter", I don't give two tugs of a dead dog's dick. I still want to know.
>> No. 8959
[x] What does she mean? What does she want from you? You must know.
>> No. 8960
[x] What does she mean? What does she want from you? You must know.
>> No. 8962
>>8958
Talk talk talk!
Marisa sits there and waits!
Yukari says words!
Marisa sits there and waits!
Talk some more!
This ambush is going great!

It made more sense before.
>> No. 8963
[X] If she will not repent for her crimes, you shall wash away the stain on your honour with her lifeblood.
>> No. 8964
>>8962

1. Marisa can keep on waiting. For Sigurd here, this shit might be serious.
2. This 'ambush' got off on a rocky start the moment Yukari spotted us and nobody picked [ ] Dye this place red with the blood of your hated foe. I don't think a little bit more pre-fightan' speech will hurt.
3. I'm still not seeing how this is breaking our honor code.
>> No. 8965
[x] What does she mean? What does she want from you? You must know.

Oh my, could it be that Yukari wants us to make her some more powerful servants?
>> No. 8967
>>8964
Like I said, it made more sense before
It still makes sense in my head, but with a lot of conditions and ifs
More or less, there's the tiny eensy beensy chance of not killing her.
>> No. 8970
>>8967
>More or less, there's the tiny eensy beensy chance of not killing her.

Shit. How are we going to pull that off again? I mean, Yukari's ye lord, ye god. She's most definitely going to fuck with us, here, but even then, I'm having trouble imagining how Sigurd will even land a hit on her.

...Should we stall and wait for Alice to snipe her?
>> No. 8972
[X] If she will not repent for her crimes, you shall wash away the stain on your honour with her lifeblood.
>> No. 8973
[x] What does she mean? What does she want from you? You must know.
>> No. 8984
She did not and will not repent. That is all Sigurd needs to know.

[x] If she will not repent for her crimes, you shall wash away the stain on your honour with her lifeblood.

You appear to have her on the defensive; faith being what it is in Gensokyo, this may be your only chance to strike.
>> No. 8988
Writing will commence in approximately two to three hours. Voting is open until then.

>>8962

Has a point though. Somehow it seems as if Anon has a little trouble staying consistent here.
>> No. 8992
Inquisitive option won. Writing is now commencing.
>> No. 8999
Writing is almost finished, but unfortunately must be put on hold for an hour or two. We apologize for this inconvenience.
>> No. 9003
Can't we talk and fight?
>> No. 9004
File 122470501525.jpg - (171.13KB , 496x750 , 1223176404947.jpg ) [iqdb]
9004
[ ] What does she mean? What does she want from you? You must know.


You should end this, you should slay her and take your vengeance right now. But you cannot, not with the need to know why burning within your heart.

"Why? Why have you brought me here?" You roar in frustration and rage. "Tell me! In the name of Odin Fimbultýr, this I demand to know."

"That's~ a~ se~cret~" Yukari's sing-song voice taunts. She hides her smile behind her fan and winks at you. "But don't worry, you're doing great already. Just be yourself and everything will be all right." She giggles at her own words and gives you a seductive look before speaking again.

"But I do have a little something you could do for me right now. Maybe I could tell you why I brought you here if you're a good boy and do it for me." She licks her lips again, as if expecting you to jump at the chance to serve this woman. The sheer arrogance and disrespect of this gesture fans the flames of your rage into a pyre to rival the one that Surtur fire-feeder shall unleash on the final day. Your hand grips the hilt of your dagger so tight it almost hurts.

This is enough. For this insult you're sorely tempted to cut out her eyes and crack open her ribs, to tear out her lungs, and offer up this woman as a sacrifice to the Hanged God. If she has noticed your murderous feelings she still gives no sign of it, apparently secure within her armour of arrogance.

"Fu fu fu, maybe little Marisa could help as well? What do you... oh my." Yukari's eyes widen causing you to follow her gaze. For a split second you see that the black-white one has, again, not been idle. She appears to have slipped out of Yukari's sight, and with an maniacal grin on her face and glowing mini-hakkero in hand she gives up a joyful and vindictive shout as she unleashes her storm of sorcery.

"MASTER SPARK, BITCH!"

Even though you somehow have the sense and reflexes to try and shield your eyes, the flash of pure white robs you of your sight for a moment. The first thing you see as the visible world returns is the black-white witch running towards you. She stops next to you and looks up to you with slight irritation and impatience in her eyes.

"Well don't just stand there -ze! Are we gonna do this or are we gonna do this, hey?" Paradoxically her annoyed shout calms your mind. As the smith binds iron and fire in the forge, so is your anger honed and sharpened into the form of a blade.

"We shall." You whisper in reply, and by Thor's hammer, this time you mean it.

"Little Marisa~ that was naughty of you~." The two of you turn towards the voice suddenly clinging through the air, towards the dark lady of all boundaries. She seems unscathed, hiding behind a strange shield of light hanging in mid-air.

"Fucking barrier..." Marisa growls as she pulls a small card out of her pocket and declares her next spell.

"Oh no you don't! Take it like a woman -ze! Magic sign:「Stardust Reverie」"

In a flash dozens of large, star-shaped projectiles crash into the mystic shield, yet it stands fast as if it were the stone shield of Hrugnir. Yet even that great giant was tricked and slain, his stone-skull split my mighty Mjölnir.

The dark one merely smiles behind her aegis. Yet despite her carefree manner you can sense the terrible power building up within her. She may be content to stay on the defensive for now, but you wonder how long that will last? For some reason you have pushed away the knowledge that Yukari must be the most powerful foe that any of Odin's warriors has faced. And for another reason this knowledge makes your heart beat with excitement. This day is yours, and after it has ended you deeds shall be like those of the heroes of old.

There is but one question remaining, how shall you fight the dark demon?


Option 1: Goal

[ ] Seek to kill Yukari. Your honour demands no less.

[ ] Seek to subdue Yukari without killing her. If she won't answer willingly you must force her to speak.

[ ] Seek to stall for time. Alice should be arriving soon, shouldn't she?

______________________

Option 2: Method

[ ] Attack head-on.

[ ] Try to flank Yukari.

[ ] Leap into the sky and attack from above.

[ ] Concentrate on supporting Marisa.

[ ] Call to the gods for aid.

[ ] Something else?
>> No. 9005
[X] Seek to kill Yukari. Your honour demands no less.
[X] This is no way to fight. Stand and wait.

It makes sense, honest!
>> No. 9006
[x] Seek to kill Yukari. Your honour demands no less.
[x] Call to the gods for aid.
>> No. 9007
[x] Seek to kill Yukari. Your honour demands no less.
[x] Call to the gods for aid.

Clap your hands if you believe!
>> No. 9009
>>9004
>"But don't worry, you're doing great already. Just be yourself and everything will be all right."
Normal Viking tactics will probably not work.

[x] Seek to kill Yukari. Your honor demands no less.
[x] Call to the gods for aid.
[x] Leap into the sky and attack from above. (if compatible with the previous action.)


Although I am not entirely averse to making baby kitsune.
>> No. 9011
[x] Seek to kill Yukari. Your honour demands no less.
[x] Call to the gods for aid.

This is the part where Dr. Doujin's 'theory' bites us in the ass, isn't it?
>> No. 9012
[x] Seek to kill Yukari. Your honour demands no less.
[x] Call to the gods for aid.
>> No. 9016
[x] Seek to kill Yukari. Your honour demands no less.
[x] Call to the gods for aid.

Who know? Maybe we get some sort of legendary weapon of our own.
>> No. 9017
[x] Seduce her.
>> No. 9018
[x] Seek to kill Yukari. Your honour demands no less.
[x] Call to the gods for aid.
>> No. 9019
[X] Seek to kill Yukari. Your honour demands no less.

[x] Call to the gods for aid.
>> No. 9020
>>9011

Pretty much, yeah.

Writing now.
>> No. 9022
>"MASTER SPARK, BITCH!"

fuckyes.jpg
>> No. 9023
File 122476338267.jpg - (366.62KB , 1024x768 , 45ae8be5.jpg ) [iqdb]
9023
[ ] Seek to kill Yukari. Your honour demands no less.
[ ] Call to the gods for aid.


She must die. You know this in your heart, to do anything else would leave your honour too stained, it would surely shame you beyond redemption in the eyes of the High One.

But how? Marisa has redoubled her sorcerous assault sending stars, beams and needles against your foe, yet Yukari seems unfazed, blocking or dodging the star-storm with little apparent effort. Who can match that power? Who can stand against the sorcery of the lady of all boundaries? Then a flash of inspiration cuts through the despair assaulting you. Only the gods themselves, it is their aid you must seek. You turn your head towards the heavens and call for divine intervention.

"Gods above! Hear the call of worthy warrior. Dire demon I face, skilled sorceress like none other. Grant me your aid this day, for in Odin's name I have sworn to seek victory and vengeance."

A mere second passes, yet it almost feels like an eternity as a voice, both familiar and strange whispers in your ear.

"Gladly, mortal. I thought you'd never ask."

You feel the power pushing towards you, seeking and probing your body and mind. Yet you can feel it is not trying to intrude, nor attempting to control you directly. It seems content to observe for now, and you feel its mind reach out and speak directly to yours. The world shifts subtly, as if you viewed it both from your own eyes and the eyes of another hovering slightly behind your shoulder. The world seems to slow to a crawl, yet your thoughts flow freely. Have your prayers been granted? Have the gods intervened on your behalf?

"Who? Which one of the fair Aesir are you?" You ask, still somewhat in awe of this entity that has chosen to come to your side.

"None of them mortal, now forward, to the left." The voice cajoles, sounding slightly amused by your question. You decide to follow its advice for now and sprint off towards Yukari's flank.

"Listen to me mortal warrior, to decieve you must use the belief of another against them. She looks upon you and sees a brute without mind or skill. Now watch." You feel the divine power reach out through you, slowly and softly. From somewhere outside yourself you can see how your own body shimmers, and how the impossible happens as your image splits off from yourself, veering slightly off your path and straight for Yukari.

Yukari's smile grows wider as the deception approaches her barrier. She points her fan towards the image that is not you and cheerfully taunts

"No, dear boy. You stay where you are okay~?" The air around her flashes as she unleashes bolts of sorcery against the image, ripping it into a thousand fragments but leaving you unharmed. For a moment Yukari's eyes widen in surprise, and that is the moment you need.

"BLOOD FOR ODIN!" You sound your battlecry as you rush towards her blind side, dagger raised for the deathblow. With impressive speed Yukari's head turns towards your voice, and she shouts a short command as soon as her eyes meet yours. The whisper-voice merely chuckles at Yukari's attempts to ward herself against your assault.

"Power is a matter of will, mortal warrior, not strenght. Her will against yours, that will decide this battle." As he speaks, a second barrier shimmers into existance in front of you. With a mighty roar you drive your dagger into the half-formed shield of light, phantom fires dancing from the blade-edge. With an effort that strains both you muscles and will, you force it to cut through the barrier, and with a final push so powerful that your dagger snaps from the stress, you shatter the magic completely and crash through Yukari's defences.

"Who are you, whisper-voice? Are you counted amongst the number of the Vanir, Niord's far-famed family?" You ask as you close in on your foe. She makes a familiar gesture, one that you saw so long ago, and suddenly the ground in front of you opens up into a gaping void. The trickster chuckles softly, a sound you're beginning to find truly annoying.

"No kin of Niord am I, but one gift I have given you already, mortal warrior. I suggest you use it." Instinctively you take his advice, summoning your will and stepping on the air above the gaping darkness. With a mighty push with your legs you leap forward one last time, easily covering the distance between you and the dark one. In the moments to that pass you can see how she tries something, anything to halt your assault. For the first time, a glimmer of fear enters her eyes as your right hand closes around her throat. Then the voice of the god whispers in your ear, full of glee and malice, burning with the joy that is found in humbling the powerful with wit and deception.

"You know me already, mortal warrior. I am the scar-lip, the sky-walker. In the songs I am called Son of Farbautí, wolf-father and sire-of-serpents. I am the God of Fire, and I lend you my power this day."

The power floods into you, no longer a spark, but an inferno. A lesser man would certainly break under the stress of channeling the divine, but you take it without flinching. With a clear voice you utter a strange spell, unleashing the will of an god against Yukari at point-blank range.

"Power of fire:「Everburning Pyre of Wit and Malice」"

From your right hand the flames shoot out, forming a pillar of heat and fury that reaches the heavens. From your left hand, fire flows down to scorch the earth below. At the heart of the conflagration, untouched by the heat and death you stand and watch as Yukari Yakumo burns in your hands.

But somehow, whether it's by power or pure will, your foe still lives. Her clothes are cinders, and her body is covered with flames, but she still draws breath, she still clutches feebly at your iron grip that's slowly crushing her throat. Beyond all reason she resists, matching the power of a god with her own magic, keeping death and fire away one moment after another.

"Strong she is, but we have the advantage, mortal." The shape-changer laughs. You can feel his satisfaction and eagerness, rubbing off on you. You sense the savage joy of victory, the satisfaction of knowing that at long last your vengeance is at hand. "Lend me your will mortal," The trickster god whispers, "and she will be ash and less than ash."


[ ] Lend your will and anger to the inferno. Let the fires take her.

[ ] No, you will kill her yourself. Snap her neck with your own two hands.

[ ] She must suffer first. Cast her down to the ground, and carve the blood-eagle on her back.
>> No. 9024
[X] No, you will kill her yourself. Snap her neck with your own two hands.

While i have no doubt that Loki has a way to kill Yukari, i really don't think it's a good idea to "lend him your will" as he is known to be a liar and a thief.
>> No. 9025
Too lazy to check, but its Loki or Surt right?
>> No. 9026
>>9025
According to wikipedia: "In the Eddas, Loki is described as a son of Fárbauti"

also: "Like other deities in the Eddas, Loki is described with many names: Lie-Smith, Sly-God, Shape-Changer, Sly-One, Foxy-One, Lopt, Sky Traveler, Sky Walker and Wizard Of Lies among others."
>> No. 9027
{X} No, you will kill her yourself. Snap her neck with your own two hands.

Giving in never works.
>> No. 9028
>>9024
Good point.

[X] No, you will kill her yourself. Snap her neck with your own two hands.
>> No. 9029
{X} No, you will kill her yourself. Snap her neck with your own two hands.

This is your revenge, and no one else's.
>> No. 9031
If this wasn't Loki, I'd vote for giving in. But Loki's a dick,
>> No. 9032
[x] No, you will kill her yourself. Snap her neck with your own two hands.

"Loki" is probably just Yukari anyway
>> No. 9035
[x] No, you will kill her yourself. Snap her neck with your own two hands.
>> No. 9037
File 12247857569.jpg - (95.36KB , 580x652 , 27462c71.jpg ) [iqdb]
9037
>>9031

Well, Loki is actually a slightly misunderstood character. Most of his really evil deeds are from late stories that have heavy christian influences, and thus the need for an personification of evil meant that Loki was cast as an analogue to satan. In earlier myth he never was outright evil, and at the end of the day he was solidly on the side of the Aesir.

He is a dick though, no arguments there.

But I am blabbering on about norse mythology when I should be writing. This will be rectified as of now.
>> No. 9040
>>9037
>But I am blabbering on about norse mythology when I should be writing. This will be rectified as of now.

Hooray!
>> No. 9041
[ ] No, you will kill her yourself. Snap her neck with your own two hands


No, this is your vengeance. You will not let man or god aid you, this you must do yourself.

"No, O son of Farbautí, this is my vengeance, and by my hand shall it be delivered." You sense that the fire god is slightly surprised by this, but the flames engulfing Yukari relent slightly as a mark of his acceptance of your demand.

You slowly pull Yukari towards you until her face is level with yours. With a tenderness completely alien to this situation you wrap your left arm around her head, and grip her chin with your fingers, then you swiftly release your grip of her throat and slide your right hand down to hold her shoulder and pull her tightly to you. For a fleeting moment your eyes meet and you feel the sensation of her bare skin pressed against yours. For a fleeting moment you embrace her like a lover, then you strain your muscles and with a savage tug pull her head around. There is a sickening crack as her neck breaks, then her body goes limp in your arms.

A strange sense of serenity embraces you as you watch the broken thing you're holding. No longer a being of power, no longer an object for your vengeance. Like a hollow shell of her former self, yet somehow she is still majestic even in death.

You reverently lower her body to the ground, noting that the corpse is still resisting the flames. You ignore this peculiar fact and kneel down beside her, slowly turning her head back to a more natural position. You reach down and gently close her eyes, then whisper your farewell in her ear.

"Let us meet again Yukari Yakumo. Let us meet in Valhalla."

You rise to your feet and will the inferno around you to stop. At your command the fire slowly dies down, until the last remnants coalesce into a vaguely man-shaped form, slightly shorter than you and slimly built. You can't make out the exact features of his face amidst the flickering flames, but you do see his mouth open as he speaks.

"Fine work, mortal. Slain is she, dark demon of power and passion." He laughs, a haunting sound that sends chills down your spine.

"It won't last long though, her kind is not one to die that easily. Had you joined your will to mine, mortal, we could have ended her for good." He sounds slightly regretful that this possibility did not come to pass.

"Yet something may come out of this... as my blood-brother uses to say, is one not grateful to another when he comes to do battle your side? And does the wise and noble man not honour the debt of gratitude?"

The scar-lip looks at you with expectation glittering in his eyes. You had hoped he would not ask for this, for few are foolish enough to welcome a debt to the gods, and fewer still who would do so when this particular god is involved. Yet he is right, freely he gave his aid in battle, and so you must repay him.

"Aye, O son of giants. This song-smith is indebted, to Loki Laufey's son he owes gratitude and fair reward." The fire-shape's lips part in something resembling a wicked smile as he answers your admission.

"Then I charge you, Sigurd Demonslayer, I charge you with finding something of mine." The face in the fire studies you for a second, and you could swear his flame-eyes glitter with malice. You keep yourself composed and await him to explain further, desperately keeping away the unease you feel at his request.

"I forged it far beneath my daughter's hall, runes I wove around it, runes of wounding and venom. Sigurd tale-weaver, know you of what I speak?" Searching the depths of your memory you recall the words of Fjolsvinn, great giant who spoke of the liefather's blade. You meet Loki's gaze and speak what you and he already knows.

"You forged it for nine nights, wounding-wand, bane of Vidovner. You gave it name of power, Lävatein was it called." As you speak its name, the scar-lip lifts his head to the sky and laughs long and loud, as if he knew some secret or private joke linked to this matter.

"Indeed, O servant of my blood-brother. That weapon of mine you must find. Bring it to me, and your debt is paid and paid again." The lie-father glances at Yukari's body, then turns back to you and gives you a slightly mocking bow.

"Now I shall take my leave, for I hold no desire to meet that woman after she recovers." The shape of fire flickers and dies, and you feel the final link between your minds dissolve. Around you is nothing but scorched earth and ash, and beyond the smoke-filled haze you can make out the charred sides of the buildings around the square. With a sense of dread and foreboding stronger than any others you've had before this you sit down on the fire-swept earth and bury your head in your hands.

For several minutes you sit there, somehow feeling slightly hollow inside. You have guarded your honour, you have spoken with a god, and you have wielded power great enough to lay low one of the greatest creatures in this land of magic. Yet vengeance is not joyful, for you suspect that you've only snared yourself in a web wowen out of your own pride and honour. After a long while you feel a small hand on your shoulder, and hear a familiar voice speak to you.

"Hey Sigurd, you all right -ze?" Marisa's words reach your ears, but your mind is too numb to answer. She speaks again, her concern now apparent from her tone.

"Alice's here too, she arrived right as the fire stopped -ze. Sigurd, what's the matter?" The black-white shakes your shoulder slightly harder, stirring you from your reverie. With tired eyes you look up at her, and are met with a startled gaze.

"Whoa, you look like a corpse -ze. C'mon, let's get out of here so you can rest for a bit." Rest, she says? It feels as if you'd need that right now. Yet it does feel as if you have something else that you should do.


[ ] Leave this place. With your vengeance complete there is nothing more for you here.

[ ] Regardless of your enmity, Yukari was a worthy opponent. You must at least show her the respect that is due to the valiant dead.

[ ] Ask Marisa to leave you for a moment, you need to be alone with your thoughts.
>> No. 9042
[ ] Leave this place. With your vengeance complete there is nothing more for you here.


FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf

We could have killed her.
Goddammit.
>> No. 9043
What have we learned today?

When a god says he wants to help you kill something, you say yes.
>> No. 9044
>We could have killed her.

You're trusting the word of a god known as the "Liefather" here. And you did kill her; it's just that youkai do not die when they are killed.

>Lävatein

Awesome. Now you get to fight Flandre.

[x] Regardless of your enmity, Yukari was a worthy opponent. You must at least show her the respect that is due to the valiant dead.
>> No. 9045
[ ] Regardless of your enmity, Yukari was a worthy opponent. You must at least show her the respect that is due to the valiant dead.
>> No. 9046
[x] Regardless of your enmity, Yukari was a worthy opponent. You must at least show her the respect that is due to the valiant dead.
>> No. 9047
[x] Regardless of your enmity, Yukari was a worthy opponent. You must at least show her the respect that is due to the valiant dead.

Well, all things considering, it could have ended worse. Like, we could have actually ENDED yukari, and for all we know, gensokyo could have just blinked out of existence... or something along those lines...
NOT something we'd want to happen while we're still inside.

As for getting Lävatein from flandre... well, we're seriously screwed if marisa can't bargain it from her...
>> No. 9048
{X} Regardless of your enmity, Yukari was a worthy opponent. You must at least show her the respect that is due to the valiant dead.
>> No. 9051
[x] Regardless of your enmity, Yukari was a worthy opponent. You must at least show her the respect that is due to the valiant dead.
>> No. 9052
File 122480408823.png - (68.41KB , 297x241 , 1204158880090.png ) [iqdb]
9052
{X} Regardless of your enmity, Yukari was a worthy opponent. You must at least show her the respect that is due to the valiant dead.

You set her on fire, Anon. The least you could do is honor the hottie
>> No. 9053
Wouldn't showing her proper respect lead to a burial/burning?
I mean, the thought is nice, but it probably won't work out so well.
>> No. 9054
[x] Regardless of your enmity, Yukari was a worthy opponent. You must at least show her the respect that is due to the valiant dead.

>Lävatein

I knew this would eventually come to pass but...
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 9055
File 122481264722.jpg - (46.30KB , 400x440 , 1210800466227.jpg ) [iqdb]
9055
>>9053

I don't think burying someone who doesn't die when they/she is killed would enjoy that.
>> No. 9056
>>9055
Well in this case I think we mean move Yukari to her home, make her look nice, cleanse, etc etc.

"Heeeeeey Chen. I got you a surprise~"
>> No. 9057
>>9023
>With an effort that strains both you muscles and will, you force it to cut through the barrier, and with a final push so powerful that your dagger snaps from the stress, you shatter the magic completely and crash through Yukari's defences.
FUCK YEAH VIKING PROG KNIFE

>>9026
>Sky Walker
Oh. Well, I guess that was a gift from him.

>>9041
>Then I charge you, Sigurd Demonslayer, I charge you with finding something of mine."
YAY! MORE QUESTS! (and thus more GLS.)

So yeah, apparently Sigurd is going to go around Gensokyo fucking with endbosses.
This shit is hard.

Flandre = holds Lävatein. I wonder how he'll feel about Remilia and Gungnir.
Mokou = daughter of Surtur?
Shiki = Don't know. But does this make Komachi a Valkyrie?
Suwako = Uhh..
Koishi = Um, I dunno. Were there psychics in Norse mythology? There had to be.
>> No. 9058
[x] Regardless of your enmity, Yukari was a worthy opponent. You must at least show her the respect that is due to the valiant dead.
>> No. 9059
Loki is going to be the real enemy here. Maybe he wants to make us to kill all potential Threats in and bring him the most powerful weapons so that he can take over Gensokyo.
>> No. 9064
File 122486614865.jpg - (11.79KB , 349x196 , AG.jpg ) [iqdb]
9064
Oh, joy.

We brought the Norse gods with us to Gensokyo.

Next thing you know, Odin's gonna get his head blown off, and there's gonna be a war between them and the resident gods.

Shit's not gonna end well.
>> No. 9065
>>9064

Kom Suesser Tod is now playing in my head, manually.
>> No. 9067
>>9065

Personally (and ironically enough) I was listening to Götterdämmerung while writing the last update, but I guess Komm Susser Tod is thematic too.

Oh, and writing now. New thread should be up in an hour or four.
>> No. 9068
>>9047

Oh, and if you had actually killed Yukari permanently you would have gotten a TRUE END with the border of Gensokyo collapsing around you.
>> No. 9070
>>9068
How many True Ends are there anyway?
>> No. 9071
>>9070

As of now I have three possible ones planned.
>> No. 9074
>>9068
...Well, yeah. I thought that was kind of obvious to everyone.
Hell, that's about the only reason for not permakilling her.
>> No. 9080
>>9067
>New thread should be up in an hour or four.

Are we going for a new level of 7 minutes?
>> No. 9180
Comrade, the people are waiting!
>> No. 9197
[~] Norseman creates a new thread and writes an epic update.
>> No. 9199
>>9080
>>9180
>>9197
No more threads, he wrote in such an epic way that he got gapped...