-  [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 21655)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM, WEBP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 128606227778.png - (1.72MB , 1100x1100 , b706dcd2f487b01e2b727638c7a978ba6d8568c3.png ) [iqdb]
21655 No. 21655
You awaken with a splitting headache and a strange lightness of body you’ve never experienced before. It is only when you attempt to roll out of bed that another strange aspect imposes itself upon your senses – you aren’t in your bed. Or your room. Or house. Rather, you are lying on the ground, alone, in a small forest clearing. The scene is so picturesque that if it weren’t for the incredible pain, you’d almost think you were dreaming. But even that is quickly fading, you realize, and by the time you get to your feet, it’s already disappeared, with only the memory remaining to indicate it ever existed. In fact…you stretch experimentally, and realize that you feel better than ever, energized and fit, with none of the little aches and pains you normally ignored.

With a yawn, you look around to get a better idea of where you are. Nothing really stands out, a pair of paths on either side of the clearing leading away from you. Wait…the trees…
With a bit of a start, you realize just how big these trees really are. Why, you could almost build a house in the branches of some of the larger ones! And all of the plants seem so unnaturally vibrant and alive! And big! With a frown, you look down. No, the plants aren’t quite so large as you had thought. You’re just quite a bit smaller than you’re used to. And…floating a few inches off of the ground. Oh. So, it really is a dream?

You start walking towards one of the paths, putting your questions out of mind as you decide to just try and explore the forest, only to be stymied by the fact that your feet are six inches off the ground. Maybe if you just…? Acting on your first impulse, you lean forward a bit, and will yourself forward. It is a dream, so maybe just through willpower..?

You’re still surprised as you begin to drift over to your chosen path, flying as naturally as if you were born to it. With a delighted laugh, you throw your arms out to the sides, like a small child pretending to fly, and start to try tricks. Even if you mess up, it is just a dream, and no-one’s watching to see you make a fool of yourself anyway. First, simple turns to get the hang of turning, and then you fly up and dive, cheering at the rush of speed and thrill of seeing the ground rush up to meet you before suddenly pulling away as you swoop back up into the sky, spinning around in a barrel roll.

With a whoop, you hit the apex of your climb and throw all of your limbs wide, just over the tops of the trees, before flipping over backwards and skimming the treetops, your heart as light as your body feels. Somewhere in the back of your mind, you acknowledge how childish you’re acting, but you steadfastly ignore it, instead reveling in the sensation of flight, and the beauty of the forest. You always liked forests, but this one really spoke to you, in a way you couldn’t quite describe.

“Hey, you!”

No, no, not verbally. It was a lot more intangible…

“Stop! Hey, wait up!”

Even if the voice does change, the forest still doesn’t actually talk, it was a figure of speech…

“Hold it!”

Wait, that one was from in front of you! Your eyes snap open – when’d you close them, anyway? - and only catch a flash of colour, orange and yellow, before slamming into someone painfully, both of you dropping from the sky into the trees, and then hurtling to the ground.

------------------

You awaken with a splitting headache, mitigated by the pleasantly cool damp cloth laid on your forehead. You sit up, drowsily, and catch it as it falls off. Just like before, the headache fades into nothingness almost instantly, but this time, you aren’t alone. Kneeling next to you and smiling pleasantly is a…long-haired little girl..or young woman…you aren’t quite sure, actually, as your brain is trying to tell you two different things at once, and just confusing the issue. And she has wings. What.

“Oh! You’re awake!” She claps her hands happily. “Luna and Sunny got bored, and ran off. Oh, Sunny’s the one you ran into, by the way. I’m Star Sapphire. You’re new, aren’t you?” She suddenly poses a question, but keeps going, throwing more and more questions at you. “So what’s your name? What are you connected to? Why are you wearing pants?” She finally stops, and waits for a reply.

You pause a moment to gather your thoughts, and begin:
[ ] My name’s ______.

Write-ins are always accepted, unless specifically stated otherwise.

One from each set:
[ ] “What do you mean new?”
[ ] “Yeah, I guess I am…?”
[ ] “Yup! Totally new!”

[ ] “The forest.” You don’t quite understand the question, but this sounds right.
[ ] “The trees.” You don’t quite understand the question, but this sounds right.
[ ] “Nature.” You don’t quite understand the question, but this sounds right.
[ ] “Connected to…? What are you talking about?”

[ ] “It’s not like I’d wear a dress.”
[ ] “I’m a guy! What else would I wear?”
[ ] “…Why wouldn’t I be wearing pants?”
Expand all images
>> No. 21656
[X] My name's Cohen.
[X] "Yeah, I guess I am...?
[X] "Connected to...? What are you talking about?"
[X] "... Why wouldn't I be wearing pants? I'M SANDER FUCKING COHEN!

I've been listening to too much Cohen Scherzo no. 7...
But interesting, we're a fairy now? Let's hope we aren't just some random fairy who gets mercilessly murdered by everyone else like all other fairies.
>> No. 21657
[x] My name's Terra!
[x] "Yup! Totally new!"
[x] "Connected to...? What are you talking about?"
[x] "...Why wouldn’t I be wearing pants?"

Luna, Sunny, Star, and Terra. It just fits.
>> No. 21658
[X] My name's Cohen.
[X] "Yeah, I guess I am...?
[X] "Connected to...? What are you talking about?"
[X] "... Why wouldn't I be wearing pants?
>> No. 21659
This looks it could be fun. I'm interested in where this will go.

[x] My name's Cohen.
[x] "Yeah, I guess I am...?
[x] "Connected to...? What are you talking about?"
[x] "... Why wouldn't I be wearing pants?

Another male fairy should be fun.
>> No. 21660
If we're going to be a male fairy, make us a crossdressing male fairy. Please?
>> No. 21661
>>21659
Oh? Another? Am I retreading familiar ground, somehow?
>> No. 21662
>>21661

Nah, your story seems like it's going to be a lot different so you're fine.
>> No. 21663
[X] My name's Cohen.
[X] "Yeah, I guess I am...?
[X] "Connected to...? What are you talking about?"
[X] "... Why wouldn't I be wearing pants?
>> No. 21664
Yeah, I'm going to call it here.
[X] My name's Cohen.
[X] "Yeah, I guess I am...?
[X] "Connected to...? What are you talking about?"
[X] "... Why wouldn't I be wearing pants?

Writing commences.
>> No. 21665
File 128607553787.jpg - (274.07KB , 550x660 , 355a62b873e9be51fa12d46e1dd80a81ffedb532.jpg ) [iqdb]
21665
[X] My name's Cohen.
[X] "Yeah, I guess I am...?
[X] "Connected to...? What are you talking about?"
[X] "... Why wouldn't I be wearing pants?

“My name’s Cohen.” You say, figuring it best to start with introductions. “Nice to meet you.” She beams happily, so you figure you made the right decision. “Yeah, I guess I am pretty new. I mean, I woke up in a clearing just a little while ago…” She gasps at this, and interrupts.

“Oh! A newborn! There aren’t very many, especially at this time of year! Nice to meet you, too, Cohen.” She gives you a pat on the head. You look away, with a slight frown. You aren’t a child…but something about what she said catches your attention.

This time of year? It seems to be just a regular summer day. Odd. Anyway. “Ah, and, I’m sorry, but I don’t quite understand. What do you mean, ‘What are you connected to?’” She just waves off the question, though.

“Oh~ You’ll understand one day~”

“Ah, and…why wouldn’t I be wearing pants? I mean, it isn’t hot enough for shorts…”

“Well…” She flies up into the air a little and spins gently. “Usually fairies wake up in a pretty dress like this, or like what Cirno has. I’ve never seen a fairy in pants before…but it’s okay! You still look cute, even if you are a little boyish~” She giggles a bit. Well, you don’t know who Cirno is, but you guess it’s a bit different than the nice dress Star has?

“…But I am a-“ She zips towards the treetops, suddenly and interrupts you.

“Let’s go find Sunny and Luna!” She laughs, “They probably found something fun to do! I’ll introduce you~!”

“Ah, wait!” But it’s too late. She’s already cleared the treetops. “Now what?” Wait...did she just call you a fairy? Now you're curious, what do you look like? You would never have been likened to a fairy, if you looked like you do awake...

[ ] Go after Star. You should apologize to Sunny, too.
[ ] Fly around on your own. You always did like exploring in the woods.
[ ] Just take it easy~
[ ] See what’s beyond the forest. You thought you saw an end to the trees, earlier…
>> No. 21666
[X] Go after Star. You should apologize to Sunny, too.
>> No. 21667
[X] Go after Star. You should apologize to Sunny, too.

We should make friends before testing out our new stuff... they might teach us something we would never know otherwise.
>> No. 21668
[X] Go after Star. You should apologize to Sunny, too.
>> No. 21669
[X] Go after Star. You should apologize to Sunny, too.
>> No. 21670
[X] Go after Star. You should apologize to Sunny, too.

Also, male fairies. I'm okay with this.
>> No. 21682
[X] Go after Star. You should apologize to Sunny, too.
>> No. 21683
Alright. Vote called. I started writing sometime yesterday. Update should come tomorrow.

Just so you know.
>> No. 21685
[Q] See what’s beyond the forest. You thought you saw an end to the trees, earlier…

This is almost exactly what I had planned to write someday.

But because you're writing it, I can enjoy it as a reader~
>> No. 21688
File 128622416833.jpg - (583.95KB , 850x694 , sample_a3ceb44976d53fbc6fc4126f1e1ff55771047ede.jpg ) [iqdb]
21688
[X] Go after Star. You should apologize to Sunny, too.

Well, she’s the only person you’ve met so far. You can’t just let her go. And besides, you did kinda accidentally hurt her friend… You take off, angling after her, and smile happily at your mastery of flight. You speed up to catch her as fast as possible.

“Hey, Star.” It really is incredible how little effort flying takes. You could do this all day. “How are we going to find them, anyway? They could be anywhere…” She giggles, and answers happily.

“It’s my power! I can sense moving life! So all we need to do is find two appropriately sized readings…This way!” Suddenly, she cuts across in front of you, heading off in an entirely new direction. It takes just a moment to catch up again.

“Your…power?” You ask, figuring now was as good a time as ever to learn what you could.

“Yup! All fairies have a power! Like Sunny can manipulate light, and Luna can manipulate sounds! Don’t worry if you don’t know yours yet, you’ll figure it out!” She answers your question before you even manage to ask it. It was a pretty obvious question, you suppose…

“Ah! Look out! Into the trees!” Suddenly Star drops into the treetops, out of sight, catching you by surprise. A few beats late, you follow, sure that she must know what she’s talking about. You find her just barely shrouded by the trees’ canopies, watching the sky nervously. Following her gaze, you see what she’s looking at. A…girl, in a strange red and white outfit, flying through the air over the forest.

“Who is she?” You ask, “And is she really so scary?”

“That’s the shrine maiden! Reimu! She’ll shoot you if she sees you! You need to be really careful of her. She’ll blast a fairy for no reason at all!” Star actually appears frightened of this girl. You take a good look at her, so you’ll remember to avoid her, and nod to Star.

“Alright. I’ll make sure to stay away from her.” She passes out of sight, and Star flutters up out of the trees. She looks around for a moment, brow furrowed in concentration, as though she had forgotten what she was doing and was trying really hard to remember, before her eyes lit up in realization and she shot off, in a direction not quite the same as before. The two you’re looking for…Sunny and Luna, was it? They must have moved while you were hiding from the shrine maiden.

After just a couple more minutes of flight, you follow Star down into the trees, just a few feet away from an especially large clearing with a house in it. Two other fairies are there, crouched down drawing on the ground with sticks. You almost burst into laughter at the sheer clichéd absurdity of the picture. It just screams ‘WE’RE PLOTTING SOMETHING!’

“Luna! Sunny!” Star zips right over to her friends, who seem quite happy to see her.

“Star! Great! Me and Luna have come up with a great prank, but we can’t do it without you! See, we need you to…” They greet her happily, and immediately rope her into whatever scheme they’d been plotting. You’re a bit disappointed that she completely forgets about you in the process, though…

You fly up and clear your throat. “Er…hi.” The three look at you blankly for a moment, before Star’s eyes light up.

“Oh! Right! Luna, Sunny, this is Cohen! We met her earlier, over the forest, remember? Cohen, these are my friends Sunny Milk and Luna Child!” You look them over, realizing that they really seem to theme themselves after their names, both wearing clothing that brings their namesakes to mind. Sunny, true to her name, is clad in red, orange, and white, while Luna is in soft beige, or an exceptionally soft yellow, with black accents and ribbons tied onto her skirt and sleeves.

Sunny looks at you a little closer, eyes focused on your hair. “Hey, you’re that fairy that crashed into me earlier! You should be more careful! That hurt, you know!”

“Ah, yes. I’m sorry! But…didn’t you pop up right in front of me? How could I have stopped?”

“Eh…heheh…Oh, yeah…well, it’s alright, I guess. Hey! You wanna play with us? We’ve got an awesome trick planned!”

[ ] “Sure! What should I do?”
[ ] “I dunno…it’s nothing too bad, is it?
[ ] “No, that’s alright, I’ve got something to do.” (Specify)
>> No. 21690
[Q] “Sure! What should I do?”
>> No. 21692
[ ] “I dunno…it’s nothing too bad, is it?
>> No. 21693
[x] “Sure! What should I do?”
Why not?
>> No. 21694
[X] "Sure! What should I do?"

Earn their trust... Wait, there's supposed to be more of that line.
>> No. 21696
[X] "Sure! What should I do?"
>> No. 21701
[x] A what?
[x] Who?
>> No. 21702
[X] "I dunno… it’s nothing too bad, is it?"

Someone needs to be the responsible one.
>> No. 21703
[x] “Sure! What should I do?”
>> No. 21716
Calling it here. Writing in progress.

Please wait warmly until updates are ready.
>> No. 21718
[x] “Sure! What should I do?”

Well, why not? A good prank is always amusing, and it’s not like you have anything better to do. Let’s just see where this dream goes, neh? “Sure! What should I do?” Sunny pauses for a moment.

“Oh. Uh…what can you do?” She seems to be at a loss. So are you, for that matter.

“She’s just a newborn, Sunny. She doesn’t know yet.” Star interjects. “You…don’t know, do you?” You shake your head gratefully. “Anyway, what was the plan?”

“Right, right. Our fantastic and incredibly awesome plan!” She strikes what is clearly meant to be an impressive pose. "First, Star, is she home?" Star pauses a moment, presumably focusing to use her power, before nodding.

"She's definitely in there."

"Perfect! Hmmm...alright, here's what we'll do..."

---------------

"This is a stupid plan." You mutter, walking quietly down a hallway. You have to admit, though, it's pretty well thought-out. "The book should be...in a workroom?" You carefully crack open the nearest door and peer inside.

Empty. Looks like it's just a guestroom. Well, let's see what's behind Door #2.

...A bathroom. Damn. You'll be seen before reaching your target, at this rate. Well, anyway, there's a promising looking door.

You open it carefully, peering around the edge of the door, and have to restrain yourself from cheering. This is definitely the room you were looking for. Sewing machine, measurement tools, occult tomes, the works.

You step carefully into the room, and spot your quarry. Over in the far corner of the room, on its own lectern, locked and bound shut, is the book. So just grab it and run. Just as long as she doesn't come...

"Hm? Why is this door open?"

Damn.

Oh no, she's coming in! You look around frantically for somewhere to hide.

Too late.

"Marisa? What are you doing here?" confused and curious. Good. You can use this. Looks like Sunny's keeping up her end of the plan. Luna should be too, right? Maybe you can talk your way through this.

Or maybe it's time for the super-secret-use-only-as-a-last-resort contingency plan?

Oh gods, what now? This was a sneaking mission! You aren't ready for this!
-----------------

[ ] Talk. Luna coached you in 'Marisa's' mannerisms, and she should be making you sound like her, too.
[ ] Contingency Plan! It's your only way out!
[ ] PANIC
[ ] You're boxed in! Use the window to escape!
>> No. 21719
[x] Talk. Luna coached you in 'Marisa's' mannerisms, and she should be making you sound like her, too.

"Yes, of course, it is I... ~ze."
>> No. 21720
[X] Talk. Luna coached you in 'Marisa's' mannerisms, and she should be making you sound like her, too.

Yes, and if things go bad, it's just a dream! BE BRAVE, DEAR FAIRY! YOU HAVE NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!
>> No. 21721
[x] PANIC
-[x] You're boxed in! Use the window to escape!
HELP! Newborn fairy is bad with improvisation.
>> No. 21722
[x] Contingency Plan! It's your only way out!
>> No. 21724
[x] Contingency Plan! It's your only way out!
>> No. 21725
[x] Contingency Plan! It's your only way out!
>> No. 21726
[X] Talk. Luna coached you in 'Marisa's' mannerisms, and she should be making you sound like her, too.
>> No. 21727
[X] Talk. Luna coached you in 'Marisa's' mannerisms, and she should be making you sound like her, too.
>> No. 21731
[Q] Contingency Plan! It's your only way out!
>> No. 21751
Four to five? Meh. I'll call it however it lies in an hour, when I'm less busy.
>> No. 21753
[x] Talk. Luna coached you in 'Marisa's' mannerisms, and she should be making you sound like her, too.
>> No. 21767
File 128649898281.jpg - (69.43KB , 686x447 , 32f7a9760a07eac734a6b4eecab9d484.jpg ) [iqdb]
21767
I started writing this while it was tied, before one of the Contingency votes got deleted, and never recounted. It hit five first, anyway, so justification. I guess.

------------------------
[x] Contingency Plan! It’s your only way out!

Wait, wait, calm down. There was a plan for this…what was it? When you’re cornered and have no other way out, just…

Oh.

Oh, no.

You flush red, and look away from the blonde girl whose house you had been about to burglarize. You don’t want to do this, but really, you don’t have any other options.

“Marisa? Are… you feeling alright?” She takes a step towards you, a worried expression on her face. “You’re all red.” You glance toward her, from under the brim of the illusory hat Sunny was maintaining. Her name was…Alice, the other fairies had said. Blonde hair, blue eyes, just a girl…She almost looks right out of Alice In Wonderland, you reflect.

“I…” Your voice is quiet, and, you note, not at all the one you woke up with. You were never very aggressive, or assertive, and you feel absolutely terrible about what you are about to do. “I…”

You look away again, guilty tears welling up in your eyes. Dreams were always a place for emotion to run free. No need to keep them in check here, either.

“Marisa? Are you all right?” Oh, she sounds really worried. It’s not helping your conscience. “Did something happen?”

“…I…’m sry…” You mumble, so quietly you can hardly even make out what you said. With a deep breath, you try again. “I’m sorry…”

Confusion writes itself across her face. “Huh? Sorry for wha- ghm!” Caught completely by surprise by your charge, she puts up no resistance as your slender arms wrap around her pale, soft neck, one firming up your hold as the other goes up, hand grabbing a fist-full of hair and pulling, bringing her forward to you, as you line it up…and kiss her. She turns beet-red the moment you touch her, and her eyes shoot wide open as you lock lips with her. You slip your tongue into her still-open mouth, deepening the kiss briefly. Only a moment later, you break the kiss and embrace, leaving her flushed, confused, and rapidly figuring out something was wrong.

Not giving her time to react, you grab the book from the lectern, and dash for the only clear exit from the room - the open window. In a feat impossible for someone as large as you appear to be, but much easier for you, you dive out, only catching a few words as you flee.

“You…you’re not…!”

Well, the moment you touched her, the ruse was doomed. The appearance of Marisa is only refracted light, the light reflected off of your body manipulated to show this disguise. You fly as low and fast as you can, trying to get to the bushes where Luna, Sunny, and Star are waiting for you. Luckily, you make it, just scant seconds before the wall with the window you leapt through splinters into a shower of tiny pieces of wood and plaster, and hundreds, no, thousands of dolls, all armed more heavily than you ever would have expected, with swords and lances and axes, all larger than the dolls wielding them.

Oh, no. This…this is bad.

------------------------------------------------

It took the combined efforts of both Sunny and Luna to keep the four of you hidden long enough to get to the home the three seemed to share. There were a few close calls when they had to stop concealing the group to rest. Star later told you that they’d never kept any effects up for so long before, let alone for such a large group.

Of course, you feel horrible about getting them in such trouble - even if this Alice doesn’t know it was you, they still almost got hurt because you got yourself caught. Then again, it was Sunny’s idea anyway…

Not to mention how you feel about doing that to Alice…you were never the most assertive person, and even if she was pretty cute, that doesn’t excuse what you did. You’re certain that if those dolls had caught you, you wouldn’t have gotten off with only a little grievous bodily harm…

Luckily, she had never seen you, or the others, and you made it to the safe haven of the fairies’ home without incident. As the four of you stumble through the door, Luna and Sunny collapse in exhaustion, worn out from the overuse of their powers.

Star frets for a moment over their fallen forms, before turning to you. “Here, help me get them to bed. We shouldn’t just leave them here like this…”

Agreeing, you lend Star a hand, each of you taking one end of the fallen fairies, and carrying them to their beds. There’s really nothing else that can be done for them, except to let them rest. Once this is finished, though, you are at a loss as to what to do now. You’ve certainly had enough excitement for the day, but you’re still energetic and restless, and almost certain you’ll grow bored if you just wait around here.

Maybe you could go exploring? In the opposite direction of Alice’s house, certainly. …Maybe out of the forest altogether? Hm. Getting as far from the scene of the crime as possible sounds like a good idea.

[x] Go explore!
-[x] The forest!
-[x] See what’s beyond the forest!

[x] Go see if you can find someone to show you around!
-[x] Maybe Star is available?

[x] Write in~?
>> No. 21768
[Q] Go see if you can find someone to show you around!
-[Q] Maybe Star is available?

Haha, nice.
>> No. 21769
[x] Go explore!
-[x] The forest!

We must get to learn our new surroundings! And meet new people! And not die!
>> No. 21770
[x] Go see if you can find someone to show you around!
-[x] Maybe Star is available?
>> No. 21771
[x] Go explore!
-[x] The forest!
>> No. 21773
[x] Go see if you can find someone to show you around!
-[x] Maybe Star is available?
>> No. 21774
[x]>>21768
>> No. 21775
[X] Go see if you can find someone to show you around!
-[X] Maybe Star is available?

Guided tour please.
>> No. 21781
[x] Go explore!
-[x] See what’s BEYOND the forest!
>> No. 21786
Calling it for the guided tour. Writing commences.

Please watch warmly until it is ready.
>> No. 21788
>>21786

hooray!
>> No. 21806
[X] Go see if you can find someone to show you around!
-[X] Maybe Star is available?
>> No. 21808
[x] Find somebody to show you around.
-[x] Maybe Star is available?

Regardless, there’s no point in staying here. You turn to Star, who looks a bit lost and sad.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” She looks at you hesitantly before answering.”Oh, well, it’s just that today we were all supposed to play and have fun together. Now…I don’t really know what to do.” The melancholy mood evaporates in an instant as she raises a single finger to her lips in a ‘thinking’ pose. She really is pretty cute and innocent, isn’t she? “Maybe I’ll just read a book?” She muses, eyes wandering to a small desk you hadn’t noticed, off in a corner of the room. She certainly has perked up from that prior mood.

“Well, I thought I’d go out and explore a bit. Do you…think you could show me around?”

“That sounds fun! Come on! Let’s go!” She excitedly darts out of the room. Heh, she certainly acts as you’d expect from this sort of fairy. This dream really is remarkably coherent and consistent, far more so than any dream you’d had before. Anyway, you hurry after her. Musing on the nature of this dream aside, she might wander off without you if you aren’t careful.

------------------------------------

“This is Marisa’s house!” The building in question is perhaps the most run-down, ramshackle building that can still reliably be identified as a two-story house. It’s obviously still maintained (poorly), but it’s been through a lot. You even notice signs that it has been through…at least one explosion, which for no discernable reason, sends a shiver of dread down your spine.

“She’s a witch, Luna said? What exactly did she mean by that?” You decide to indulge your curiosity a bit.

“She’s a witch! You know, pointy hat, broom, everything! She uses star danmaku, so I like her!” Star does a little spin in midair, her dress flaring out slightly before swinging around her legs as she comes to a stop. So carefree!

“Danmaku?” This is the first word that’s come up that you’re unfamiliar with, so it’s certainly something of interest. “What’s that?” Your companion looks at you strangely for a brief moment, before her faces lights up in realization.

“Oh, that’s right! You’re just a newborn, so I guess you don’t know the word for it, yet! You seemed to already know so much, I guess I forgot!” She giggles, the sound soft and musical. “Danmaku is…well, this!” She turns, and extends her hand, palm facing outward.

And then shoots a pale blue ball of light from her it. It flies through the air, and impacts on a tree a few metres away.

“You know! Danmaku!” She nods excitedly, and turns to face you expectantly. You open your mouth to deny it, to express your shock and incredulity, when…

“Oh. Yeah, I get it.” Because…you actually do. It’s something else that you just seem to know, now that you’re aware of it, just like flying. It’s all there, if you think about it. From just shooting bullets to spellcards, it’s all up there, in your head. To be honest…it scares you a little. You shouldn’t just know all of this…but...it is just a dream, right?

Anyway, Star’s continuing the tour, so you hurry off after her, not eager to be left alone in the middle of the forest.

-------------------------------------------

“And this is the Hakurei Shrine!” Star stage-whispers to you. “Reimu lives here!”

“I thought you said to steer clear of the shrine maiden?!” You’re more than a little worried. She was pretty scared of this red-white girl earlier, and now you’re visiting her house?

“Well, yeah, I guess.” She shrugs. “But this is the best place to watch to find out if something’s going on! Everyone goes here, so all the news comes through here.” She glances around, before leaning in conspiratorially. “I heard an oni started living there recently.” You blink, and gaze thoughtfully up at the sky.

“An…oni? Living at a shrine? …Nah. I don’t believe it.” A new voice joins the conversation, suddenly.

“Is that really so strange?” You don’t notice Star freeze up and start backing away, as you watch the clouds go by.

“Well, kinda. Isn’t it sanctified ground? Seems odd for an oni to take up residence the, doesn’t it?” Hey, isn’t that Star up there? Why’s she flying so fast?

A hand lands on your shoulder, and a sense of dread falls over you. You turn your head slightly, and meet the terrifying gaze of the shrine maiden. Dark and threatening power practically radiates from her body as she glares at you.

Oh dear gods.

This is bad.

[x] PANIC
[x] DIPLOMACY
[x] COWER
[x] SLEEP
>> No. 21809
[X] Diplomacy

You obviously look different then most fairys anyways, i dunno lol.
>> No. 21810
[x] SLEEP

why? It's a dream. If we sleep in this dream... we'll... have a better dream, right!

Right?
>> No. 21811
[x] Panic
Throw some danmaku everywhere. We can escape while she is stunned/surprised.
>> No. 21812
[X] Diplomacy
>> No. 21813
>[ ] PANIC

Run away!

>[ ] DIPLOMACY

But what a lovely shrine it is!

>[ ] COWER

Take it like the little girl you are!

>[ ] SLEEP

Anemia option!

[x] DIPLOMACY

Think about it this way: What is the least likely thing for a fairy to do at this point? It stands to reason that's the action that will also provoke the least likely response from Reimu. Which would be not immediately exterminating your ass.
>> No. 21814
[X] DIPLOMACY

We're new, we don't have the shooting reflex.
>> No. 21815
[x] DIPLOMACY
>> No. 21818
[x] >>21814

Fairies respawn anyways.
>> No. 21820
[x] Take it like the little girl you are!
>> No. 21824
[ ] COWER
>> No. 21829
[x] COWER
~
Maybe she won't kill us if she sees we're scared.
>> No. 21830
Alright, it's called for diplomacy.

Writing commences a whole lot faster than last time. Yeah...sorry about the delays. No excuse, really.
>> No. 21831
>>21830

Hooray!
>> No. 21839
[x] DIPLOMACY

Freaking out won't help you, of this you are sure. So you fight back the twin urges to either scream and run, or burst into terrified tears and curl up into a little ball, and smile weakly back at her.

"Ah...uhm...I...I'm really sorry if I have somehow offended...er, you." Your entire body is shaking as you offer the single most sincere apology of your life. The girl's face goes blank, and you continue to talk, nervousness growing ever greater. "So...so...if I may," you swallow nervously, "maybe find some way to perhaps make it up to you...?" Silence. You spare a moment to cast a desperate prayer towards anything that will listen.

The grip on your shoulder suddenly tightens painfully. With a hard tug, she spins you around, to look her in the face. Her face is cold and harsh. It...looks like the dream may very well be about to turn into a nightmare.

"What, are you stupid?" Her tone is glacial. "I had written off the pants as just fairies being fairies, and I've seen a fairy with green hair before, so visually, your disguise was good. Had me tricked." ...Disguise? You blink in confusion, still slightly trembling in fear as her hand comes up and prods you hard in the shoulder. It hurts.

"Ow!" You find your voice. "Disguise?! What do you mean by that?! I don't have any disguise!" She shakes her head in disgust, and prods you again, in the other shoulder.

"Every time you open your mouth, idiot, it's more and more obvious you aren't a fairy. What are you doing here? Haven't all of you learned yet? You can never win. The spellcard rules are here to stay. Killing me will only cause you all to fade away." As she speaks, she steps forward, punctuating the high points with the occaisional wave of her arms.

"I...I don't underst- Ahhhh!" you attempt to raise your arms, a futile gesture to ward her off, but both of your shoulders suddenly explode in pain that transcends just your body, as though it were stabbing at your very soul. You look down, and, through the haze of tears, see. Two large, purple needles are embedded into your shoulders...right where she poked you. You look back to the shrine maiden just in time to see her flick her wrist, and three sharp pains appear in you chest. You don't need to look to know that three more needles have embedded themselves into you. You meet her cold gaze with a bewildered look of your own.

"It...hurts. Why...why does it hurt so much?" you stumble back into a tree, and slide down to sit on the ground. "I...don't understand..." isn't it just a dream...?

Reimu's cold glare has disappeared, replaced by one of surprise.

"No way...you really are just a fairy...?" A single thought rises to the forefront of your mind. A lone concern that doesn't really make sense. You voice it, unaware that you are speaking. This really was...

"No fun...at...all..." In front of your eyes, little colored motes are rising from your body as your vision begins to fade...

Blackness.

-----------

Working on part two, but this was a perfect break point.
>> No. 21840
>Working on part two

hooray!
>> No. 21849
File 128740597491.png - (373.72KB , 800x600 , b9824b88db242ff8f8e246f198924304.png ) [iqdb]
21849
“Hey, it’s a fairy.” The woman’s voice is drawling and laconic. Something pokes you in the side. “C’mon, kid. Get up.”

You ignore her, curling tightly into a ball. You…haven’t woken up. This…this is no dream. You begin to tremble uncontrollably, tears welling up in your eyes. This is no dream…so what is it? What’s happened to you? And…you just died. You just died!

“Hey, c’mon…you okay? Whatever it was, it’s over now, so…” The voice sounds worried, and there’s a rustle of cloth. A hand starts to rub your back. It’s soft and warm...and strangely soothing. Your tremors draw to a close. “There, there. That’s it, kid.” Audibly relieved, the woman pats you twice on the back. You hear another rustle of cloth as she stands back up.

You open your eyes, and, blinking away the tears, see her…feet. Right, right, on the ground. Uncurling, you follow her legs up – and very nice legs they are, indeed – to see her hand, offered to help you up. Her smiling face is framed by bright red hair, and when you take her hand, she lifts you to your feet effortlessly. You lift off so you can talk to her face, and not her navel.

“…Thanks.” You offer her a weak smile. She gives you a nervous chuckle, and scratches the back of her head with her free hand.

“No need to thank me, kid.” She rests her scythe on her shoulder. So, hey, what are you doing here? Fairies don’t usually show up here while they reincarnate.” You finally become aware of your surroundings. You’re floating over a grey plain, with some grey cherry trees scattered about, next to a grey river…you’re starting to see a pattern here…

In fact, with her bright red hair and purple clothing, the woman before you is the only real point of colour in sight.

“So…you’re Death?” You don’t really understand her question, so you answer with some of your own. “Where is this?”

“A Fairy with a concept of death? Hah! That’s something you don’t see every day. Well, kid, I guess I sorta am. I’m a shinigami, see, and the ferryman of this River Sanzu here.” She indicates the river behind her. “This is where the spirits of the dead come to be taken to be judged. That’s what my boss does.”

“So…I’m dead?” You’re oddly calm about it, with just a slight lingering curiosity.

“Well, for now.” Apparently your confusion is obvious, because she continues. “Haven’t you ever died before? Fairies don’t stay dead. You can’t, really. Since you’re ‘just’” She even makes air quotes for that, “a nature spirit, you don’t even have a real living body. It’s all solid magic. Even if your surce dies or is destroyed, you just cease to be. You don’t have souls or anything, so you don’t come here.” She ruffles your hair with a warm smile. “It’s why I like fairies. You don’t make extra work for me.” She laughs, “Ah, I guess this is probably all going right over your head, but it gives me an excuse to take a break. Plus, you’re different. Not part of the routine, you know?” She stretches bonelessly, and rests her scythe across both shoulders, draping both arms over it.

Even just standing there like that, she looks so relaxed… You stifle a yawn. She smiles widely and ruffles your hair again. You half-heartedly try to fend her off.

“Hey, c’mon…it’s no fair if you’re so much bigger than me!”

“Follow me, kid. I wanna show you something. Make sure you keep up now, ‘kay?” She lifts off the ground and starts to fly off. You quickly follow her, not wanting to get left behind, and for a minute or two, the two of you fly side by side in a pleasant silence, leaving the grey behind, until finally you alight atop a low hill crested by a lone maple.

“This is my favourite spot to…take a break from work.” She sets her scythe on the ground by the tree and lays down on the grass. She pats a spot beside her, and, sleepy just from watching her relax, you yawn and flop down next to her. You can see why the likes this place – the grass is soft and cool, and surprisingly comfortable.

“Hey, kid. I don’t think we ever introduced ourselves. I’m Komachi.” She’s right, now that you think of it.

“Cohen.” Your own reply is a more than a little drowsy. But this is really nice. It’s like you could lie here forever…
-------------

[ ] The night sky
[ ] A myriad of tiny lights
[ ] Birdsong
>> No. 21852
[x] A myriad of tiny lights

All the heavenly lights are stars.

Or fireflies.

Either or.
>> No. 21854
File 128741497025.jpg - (64.31KB , 646x536 , sagan.jpg ) [iqdb]
21854
Random vote time? Random vote time.
[x] The night sky
>> No. 21855
[ ] The night sky

The picture forces my hand.
>> No. 21857
[X] The night sky
>> No. 21858
[x] Birdsong
Chirp~
>> No. 21859
[X] A Myriad of tiny lights.

Something tells me it's impossible to bad end in this story through death. Though I could easily be wrong.
>> No. 21860
>>21859

Not entirely accurate. Dying too often can lead to bad, bad things, thanks to redacted, and the nature of redacted. And of course, if you were to meet redacted, that would just be the beginning of the end.

Oh, and for reference, you are currently pre-IN.
>> No. 21861
[Q] A myriad of tiny lights
>> No. 21863
ALright, because I promised some people I would, while I wait for a few more votes, I'm going to explain the Reimu enounter.

>[ ] PANIC
This was the standard fairy option. Scream and try to run, as far and fast as you could. You would have ended up either casually blasted or totally lost in the forest, and received a forest encounter.

>[X] DIPLOMACY
Your choice. This was the WORST possible outcome for the encounter. Reimu's a bit on-edge, and still dealing with spellcard system fallout, in this story, and since when does a fairy ever apologize? Or reason? You know the results here.

>[ ] COWER
Actually, this was the BEST possible outcome for this encounter. You would have gone to the fetal position and burst into terrified tears. This would either eventually make Reimu feel so guilty that she would cave and invite you to tea, or Marisa would have come along, seen the situation, and browbeat Reimu before inviting you to tea at the shrine, coupled with glares at Reimu, etc. etc. I didn't quite have it figured yet, given the trend of votes.

Either way, Guilt-tea and Marisa-meeting.

>[ ] SLEEP
Anemia Option. You would have fainted in terror. This has a slightly heavier impact on the MC's wuss-o-meter than the other choices, but was fairly neutral, as opposed to the Mild Bad of PANIC.

This choice has in fact shaped the MC a bit. Some severe mental trauma, with a topping of shock and a +1 to the DEATH COUNT, which is an important stat that I doubt I will ever explain to you. Suffice to say, keep it low.
>> No. 21864
Team 9 options, eh?

[X] A myriad of tiny lights.

Because I don't trust Rumia.
>> No. 21865
[X] A myriad of tiny lights.
>> No. 21866
Torn between Lights and Night :(
>> No. 21867
Alright, I'm going to call it for lights, as first to five with a two point lead.

I want to get you your updates as quickly as I can get them written to some modicum of quality, so I'm starting now. If you're really, really lucky, I might even get it done today!

***Management takes no responsibility for any potential failure to actually complete this update today***
>> No. 21868
>Your choice. This was the WORST possible outcome for the encounter. Reimu's a bit on-edge, and still dealing with spellcard system fallout, in this story, and since when does a fairy ever apologize? Or reason? You know the results here.

Yes but it's the best choice for vsiting a second time. "Oh that whole murder thing? Don't worry around about!" Even more Guilt-tea than with the cower option, and she might even have to perform in front of company who wouldn't understand the context. Hence, faith booth for use.

>I want to get you your updates as quickly as I can get them written to some modicum of quality, so I'm starting now. If you're really, really lucky, I might even get it done today!

Hooray!
>> No. 21869
>>21868
Yeah, I would like the chance to lay a guilt trip on Reimu sometime later. And we can find out why she's so jumpy.
>> No. 21870
guilt tripping Reimu? This is the best idea yet. Let's do this.

Btw, i'm confused. Are we a male or female fairy?
>> No. 21871
>>21870

Male, but people think we're female.

It's the pants.
>> No. 21872
>>21863
How were we supposed to know the timing of things? If I knew Reimu was on edge due to the vampire incident and such, then I'd have chosen a different choice.
>> No. 21874
>>21872

We probably weren't. MC didn't know, so basing our votes on that wouldn't have made sense. We're supposed to be brand new in Gensokyo, so...
>> No. 21875
>>21874
Now we're down a death count and having mental trauma. It's like those old adventure games where screwing up something in the beginning renders the game unwinnable hours later.
>> No. 21876
>>21875
Except there's no winning involved, most likely. We're a goddamn fairy (for the most part), so it's not like things really end. They just go on, and on, and on, and the fact that they 'were' and 'will be' doesn't really matter as much anymore, because right now they 'are'.
>> No. 21877
Don't get so worked up about it. We arn't suposed to know the right answer always, like life.
>> No. 21880
[X] Birdsong
>> No. 21881
>>21876
Didn't you see >>21860 ? In short screwing up too much leads to terrible things, and we're off on a shaky start.
>> No. 21887
File 128796210344.jpg - (663.77KB , 1024x768 , 1210576709366.jpg ) [iqdb]
21887
updates?
>> No. 21889
>>21718
>Let’s just see where this dream goes, neh?
>neh
No.

>>21866
>Torn between Lights and Night :(
> :(
No.

We do not do either of those things on this site. Ever.

>>21870
Ideally, we were originally a male, but got turned into a female along with becoming a fairy.
>> No. 21893
>>21889

He's got pants. He's still male.

The other fairies just don't realize that.
>> No. 21904
>>21893
If someone has pants that automatically means they are male?
>> No. 21906
>>21904

In this case it does.
>> No. 21935
UPDATE HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

update coming sunday, keep your panties tight lads.
>> No. 21937
>>21935
Too much Recettear

Glee! I got an Update for 21935pix!
>> No. 21977
File 128846367663.png - (0.97MB , 947x616 , 10cfe23643570a2f7d3bd23a19d6071499802491.png ) [iqdb]
21977
A little earlier than I thought, after the total mess that was this week. I could use a million excuses of varying validity, but I won't blog here. Just...update, and alert you that they should be more common in the future.

Hopefully, this will never happen again.

--------------

[x] A myriad of Tiny Lights

You awaken to an all-too-familiar splitting headache. Sitting up with a groan, you begin to massage your temples with the tips of your fingers. These headaches may go away quickly, but that doesn't help while it still hurts.

"Oh!" Someone gasps. "I didn't see you there!" There's someone there? You open your eyes and take a look around. It's already night, and, somehow, you're back in the forest. Is this the 'reincarnation' Komachi was talking about? It must be.

"Um...Sorry if we disturbed you..." The voice...it's coming from above? You crane your neck back to see, and indeed, the speaker is there. A young girl, tomboyish, but recognizably feminine, despite her boyish outfit, floats there, a cloud of firflies dancing about her, pale lights flickering and twirling in complex geometric patterns in the night air. She seems... meek, and certainly apologetic.

"No, no, it's fine." We? Maybe she's talking about the fireflies? You attempt to wave away her worries. Her inhuman presence reminds you just slightly of your brief time with Komachi, a comfortable feeling.

The silence is awkward, though. You flounder for something, anything to say. "So, uh," what? "I've never seen anyone with antennae before! That's really cool!" Leaping into the air so you won't have to crane your neck back just to see her, you wave your arms excitedly. Making a slight fool of yourself is a small price to pay for breaking the ice, you figure.

And it works! She smiles, and even giggles a bit!

"Yeah, I guess they are pretty cool, aren't they?" She strike a pose, briefly, before deflating. "But I'm just a bug." She scuffs her foot in the air. "A firefly that lived too long." Now this won't do! You won't stand for this! Not at all!

"NONSENSE!" You roar. The effect is dulled a bit by your reduced stature and newly girlish voice, but it still seems effective, judging by her shocked expression. Or maybe that's more related to your sudden proximity to her face. Eh, whatever works. "'Just' a bug? Ridiculous! Bugs are amazing!"

"Eh?! W-what?!" An arm goes around her shoulders.

"You know what that means!? That means, if bugs are amazing, and you're a bug, you are amazing! Come on! Be proud, girl! Show everyone how great bugs truly are! Believe!" You liove inspiring speeches. It's...it's like an addction, yeah, like a drug. The rush, the, the, the hot-blooded surge of emotion. Is there anything greater?

This is, of course, the first you've ever actually given, but it does not disappoint. It's even better than hearing one!

A long moment later, you come out of the 'inspirational' pose you had struck, and check on the recipient of your words. Even the fireflies around her have paused in their intricate dance, seemingly awaiting her reaction, just as you are. A slow, determined nod. Her face takes on a resolved cast as she floats over to you and bows deeply to you.

"Yes...you're right. Tomorrow, on tyhe night of the full moon, I'll go out, and I'll show them! Yeah!" She pumps a slender fist into the air, and pauses a moment. A thoughtful look comes over her face. "Maybe I should train, so I'm in top form for tomorrow?"

[ ] "Yes! I'll be your training partner! Come on, let's go!"
[ ] "No, no, relax! You'll need all of your strength for tomorrow! Let's play a game or something."
[ ] "Hey, what's that?" (wander off)
>> No. 21978
[X] "Yes! I'll be your training partner! Come on, let's go!"
- [X] Actually... Who are THEM?
>> No. 21979
[ ] "Yes! I'll be your training partner! Come on, let's go!"
>> No. 21981
Also, I think I should clarify. By 'too often' I mean too often. Dying occasionally is expected. The death earlier was the expected outcome, albeit a bit harsher because of your choice, but still, expected.

Remember, some characters can only be met in death, and others are likewise easier to meet when dead. Making full use of interpersonal relationships will be to your advantage later on.

My point earlier was that yes, death will have consequences, and abusing your lack of dying when killed will lead to bad consequences.

You ARE a fairy, and fairies die. Easily and often. You, hopefully, will try a bit harder to not get killed, than a typical fairy, but...it's to be expected, sometimes.
>> No. 21982
[X] "Yes! I'll be your training partner! Come on, let's go!"

>- [X] Actually... Who are THEM?
Oh come on, even fairies don't have that short a memory.
>Show everyone how great bugs truly are!
>> No. 21983
[X] "Yes! I'll be your training partner! Come on, let's go!"
>> No. 21984
[x] "Yes! I'll be your training partner! Come on, let's go!"
That update was in severe need of a spell-checker.
>> No. 21986
>>21982
I think that refers to
>"Yes...you're right. Tomorrow, on the night of the full moon, I'll go out, and I'll show them! Yeah!"
>> No. 21987
>>21986
Thank you Captain Obvious. I knew what line in the story that subvote was for and I was pointing out that it wasn't needed at all, if you looked at the previous line of dialog.
>> No. 21988
[X] "Yes! I'll be your training partner! Come on, let's go!"

Suddenly: Danmaku Get
>> No. 21989
[X] "Yes! I'll be your training partner! Come on, let's go!"
>> No. 21990
[x] "Yes! I'll be your training partner! Come on, let's go!"
>> No. 21991
>You ARE a fairy, and fairies die. Easily and often.
This makes me sad. Fairy Discrimination.
>> No. 21992
Well if Cirno's one of the stronger fairies (no joke intended), and she's the equivalent of a stage 2 boss/mid-boss then year, i'de say a newbie fairy will die easily and an experience fairy die at a slightly reduced amount. It's not discrimination when it's fact.
>> No. 21993
[x] "Yes! I'll be your training partner! Let's Go!"

Training? Why, that sounds like a great idea! You could help her, too!

"Yes! Train! Do your best! I'll even help, miss...bug...person." Your voice trails off. "Oh. I, ah, never got your name, I guess." You continue with an embarrassed chuckle, "I'm Cohen! It's nice to meet you!"

"Oh, right! I'm Wriggle Nightbug. Likewise!" You both bow slightly.

"Right. Now, Wriggle, what did you want to train? I'll help!" You just feel so energized! How could you not try to help? You have to do something!

"Well..." She hesitates a moment, looking almost embarrassed. She picks her words carefully, "I wanted to practice my danmaku. So a spellcard duel would be the best way...and, well..."

"Spellcard duel? Okay!" Really, what's so bad about that? Your answer seems to surprise her though.

"You have spellcards? Really?" What? Is it so rare? You woke up with them, so you didn't think they'd be so unusual.

"Yeah! I thought, like, eeeeveryone" You wave your arms widely to illustrate, "had spellcards?"

"Well, fairies...don't. Usually, you aren't strong enough, or aren't smart enough to make them. I guess you're one of the exceptions, then!" Huh. Well, good to know, you suppose. "Is two spellcards okay?"

"Sure!" You both rise above the treetops. "Good luck! Do your best, Wriggle!" You call encouragements across the space between you, eliciting a smile from her.

"You too, Cohen! Good luck!" And the danmaku begins to fly. You fire your initial volleys almost simultaneously, your own rings of green orbs slowly expanding as they fly through the air, and her own pale yellow bullets curving and crossing as they close in on you from either side. You slip through the center of the pattern, sliding to the right to clear that half, before darting through an oncoming gap on the other flank. A warm tingling sensation runs through your body as you pass within a hand's breadth of bullets nearly half the size of your head. You flip to the left, and fly forward, flying along the side of a stream of blue bullets that came piercing through the fading curved pattern, launching a pair of weaving green trails of bullets, and then another pair, before drifting ever-so-slightly to the right to dodge another stream of blue.

You shudder with excitement, and a little something more. A fierce, primal, and yet, somehow cold elation runs through you. If you truly had blood, it would thrum with the stolen power, drawn to your body of magic much like electricity flows to the ground.

Something within you tells you it is time, and you reach, for something which is not...

With a roll, this time to your right, you allow one last group of bullets to graze past you by the narrowest of margins, hold up the card, and shout...

[x]"Fae Sign 「Elf Dance」!"
[x]"Nature Sign 「Spirit Without Soul」!"
[x]"Ancient Sign 「Pipes of Pan」!"
>> No. 21994
File 128874969169.jpg - (191.51KB , 1200x900 , 97a160d12ec80f32e183388facb472dd6df13645.jpg ) [iqdb]
21994
>>21993
And because I'm an idiot, and forgot to set the deletion password, the picture that SHOULD have gone with this update.
>> No. 21995
...We've been wiped, haven't we.

We're acting like nothing's wrong, like nothing's at all unusual with our circumstances. Where's the concern over what happened to us? The desire for answers?

We were Cohen, the human trapped in the body of a fairy. But then we died, and now we are Cohen the fairy, with a fairy's mind, with a fairy's intellect and fairy's common sense. And as far as we are concerned, there is nothing wrong with that because that is who we are: a fairy.

We've been wiped, our brains smoothed out to fit the body.

This scares me, honestly scares me, more than anything else I've ever read on this site.
>> No. 21996
[x]"Ancient Sign 「Pipes of Pan」!"

Fairy of revelry, go.
>> No. 21997
[X] "Ancient Sign 「Pipes of Pan」!"

>>21995
You haven't read any of the H-doujins posted in /at/?
>> No. 21998
>"Yeah! I thought, like, eeeeveryone" You wave your arms widely to illustrate, "had spellcards?"

Wow. That is one coked up fairy.

[x] "Ancient Sign 「Pipes of Pan」!"

Let's start this bacchanalia.
>> No. 22002
Ohgodwhatthehellhappenedtooursensibleandcoherentthoughts?
I'm just losing it here. What the hell happened to Cohen?
>> No. 22003
>>22002

Guess he's trying to very hard to forget his death.
>> No. 22005
[x] "Ancient Sign 「Pipes of Pan」!"
>> No. 22007
Alternate hypothesis:
>Tomorrow, on tyhe night of the full moon
Fey are affected by that sort of thing; a little mania is to be expected. Tomorrow night is likely to be even crazier.
>> No. 22008
[x] "Ancient Sign 「Pipes of Pan」!"

That severe mental trauma kicked in it seems.
>> No. 22009
[x]"Ancient Sign 「Pipes of Pan」!"

Well, there's my vote. I'm just a little worried that Cohen starts losing his mind... I'm sure he's still fine now, I'm just worried of what happens later on.
>> No. 22010
[x] "Ancient Sign 「Pipes of Pan」!"
>> No. 22012
[x]"Nature Sign 「Spirit Without Soul」!"
We're not ancient...
However cool that spellcard may sound
>> No. 22013
>>22012
[x]"Nature Sign 「Spirit Without Soul」!"
Okay I can see that.
>> No. 22016
[x] "Ancient Sign 「Pipes of Pan」!"

We arn't but the card/magic is? I dunno lul, we didn't really make them, we just found them on our person really.
>> No. 22017
>>22016
Please review your posts being publishing them.

[x]"Fae Sign 「Elf Dance」!"
Do Faeries even remember previous deaths? Will we wake up with an altered personality every death?
>> No. 22018
>>22012
[x]"Fae Sign 「Elf Dance」!"
Decided I like this one better. Changing
>> No. 22019
File 12889826836.jpg - (5.23KB , 100x148 , In_the_night.jpg ) [iqdb]
22019
[x] “Ancient Sign 「Pipes of Pan」!"

You hold the card high. “Ancient Sign 「Pipes of Pan」!" It shines with an incredible inner light, and dissipates into bright balls of light as you begin.

--------------------------

[I] I’ve lost something.

I don’t know what it is, but I lost it.

I can remember, I worked so hard to get it. I need to find it. It’s so very important. So very, very important.

Where? Where could it be? It is not on the hill. I last saw something like it there.

Maybe here? There is a village here. Maybe they have seen it?

I ask a man. He is grey. Everything is grey. He says he doesn’t know. He leaves. He leaves fast. He must be busy.

I go further into the village. The streets are empty. The moon is in the sky. It is almost full. I need to find it before the moon is all full. It is important.

There is a statue. The statue is also a dragon. I am not looking for a statue. I am not looking for a dragon. I am looking for something which is neither of those things.

A woman approaches. She is blue, but also sometimes green. She speaks. The man did not speak.

“What are you doing here? You don’t belong here.” I answer her. I am searching. I cannot ask her the way I asked the man. She is Blue. So I speak.

“Where…is it…?”

“What? What are you looking for?” I do not know that. I tell her. “Well, whatever it is, it isn’t here. Leave. Now.”

…She knows it isn’t here. How does she know? Does she know what I’m looking for?

“You...know? What is sought…?” She hesitates. She does not know. I begin to leave. She can unmake me. Sometimes she is Green.

It is not in the village. I knew this. Someone might have known. But there is no-one. Only the Blue Woman. And she does not know.

I can see a forest from the edge of the village. The forest is grey. Something green is over the forest. There is something yellow near it. It is a different green from when the Blue Woman is the Green Woman. The woman cannot see them. She looks with eyes.

There is a sound. The thing which is green is making a sound. Beautiful…

“Can…you hear? The pipes…of the forest…” I begin to drift towards the forest. Then I stop. The Blue Woman can not hear the sound. And tonight will not last forever. The sound calls me. But I must search. …maybe the thing which makes the sound will know something.
I pause.

[ ] …And go to the piper.
[ ] …and continue my search.
>> No. 22020
[X] …and continue my search.

Erm, I'm looking for my stapler? Hint, it's red?
>> No. 22021
[ ] …And go to the piper.

Accept our fate.
>> No. 22022
[X] …and continue my search.
>> No. 22023
[x] …And go to the piper.
Wonder what this does
>> No. 22024
[ ] …And go to the piper.

We've already paid. At least twice.
>> No. 22025
[X] …And go to the piper.

Gray realities are boring. And overuse of bloom doesn't make them better.
>> No. 22027
[x] …and continue my search.
Where is my mind?
>> No. 22028
[x] …and continue my search.
>> No. 22029
[X] …And go to the piper.
I know better than to ignore plot hooks!
>> No. 22030
Oh crap, did the spellcard summon this thing?

[PLOT] …And go to the piper.
>> No. 22032
[x] …and continue my search.
>>22020
Ok, but I'll burn down the building.
>> No. 22033
[X] …And go to the piper.
>> No. 22034
Calling it for the piper. Writing is commencing.
>> No. 22035
>>22034

Hooray!
>> No. 22039
Holy shit, what.
>> No. 22046
>>22039
This.
>> No. 22049
[x] ...And go to the piper.

Yes...the pipes call me, draw me into the forest, over it, to The Thing Which Is Green, and the Pale Yellow.

I fly towards them. They are thowing pieces of their colour at each other. This is okay, because they have so much colour I cannot see them.

They won't turn grey.

The pipes continue to play. They are beautiful...more so than before. They are coming from the Greenness of The Thing Which Is Green. The melody is energetic, but soft, a siren's call for the lost, the wanderers...

And then, it stops, and the Thing Which Is Green loses some of its colour. It fades slowly, and, in the distance, I can hear the pipes resume, a more earthly air about them. They have lost their pull.

And then the Green fades enough for me to finally see the Thing Which Is Green.

!!!

This...!

I know this...!

I have searched for it! And now I have found it! It is mine again, and I will never, never, leave it again.

I take it into my arms...


-----------------------------

You dodge Wriggle's volley by the narrowest of margins. She seems to be getting better even as you trade shots! Or maybe it's just her spellcard? You really don't know, and it doesn't matter! With a laugh, another cascade of your own green danmaku 'falls' from left to right, random bullets deviating from the lateral path towards Wriggle. You accompany this barrage with a trio of lasers, boxing in Wriggle's position.

"Ahahahah! This is fun!"

Your own shout is answered by a sudden stream of pale yellow bullets that catch you completely by surprise.

They sting, a bit, and your spellcard falls apart around you, mere seconds ahead of Wriggle's own card timing out.

"Ow...Nice Shot!" You wave, and Wriggle smiles back proudly, before a look of sheer terror works its way over her face.

You open your mouth to ask what's wrong, when suddenly, you're bathed in what you would imagine fire would feel like, if it froze, instead of burning. A deep, bone-chilling cold, as something takes you into its insubstantial arms in a terrifying and gruesome parody of a tender embrace.

You manage to scream, for just a moment, before...something flows into your mouth...and nostrils...and ears...

Your vision begins to fade, just as you begin to feel something begin to twist and pull at your magic...the core of your being...

-------------------------------------------

[x] ________________
[x]
[x] ♪♫♪♫‼
>> No. 22050
[x] ♪♫♪♫‼

This is cryptic as hell but... sure, I'll pick it.
>> No. 22053
[X] ♪♫♪♫‼

Oh dear...
>> No. 22056
[x]
>> No. 22058
Well. This story has certainly taken a couple turns I didn't expect it to.

[x] _______________
>> No. 22059
[Q] ♪♫♪♫‼

Oh, nice.
>> No. 22062
[x] _______________

If only because the music options seem to be largely giving us pain.
>> No. 22066
[x]
Because I need to pee.
>> No. 22068
[X] ♪♫♪♫‼
>> No. 22069
[x] _______________

>>22058
No fucking kidding.
>> No. 22070
>>22058
>>22062
>>22058
[x] _______________

i'm with stupid
>> No. 22071
[x] _______________
>> No. 22073
[x] ♪♫♪♫‼
>> No. 22074
[X] ♪♫♪♫‼
>> No. 22075
Calling it in two hours. Writing will commence immediately after.
>> No. 22077
[x] ♪♫♪♫‼
Be in time be in time be in time
>> No. 22078
[x]
>> No. 22079
>>22075
>Calling it in two hours. Writing will commence immediately after.

Hooray!
>> No. 22087
File 128940838511.jpg - (711.15KB , 850x1209 , sample_1bcb1e6033561847a4f3e32ef154a1fcedc196ca.jpg ) [iqdb]
22087
[x] ♪♫♪♫‼

This time, as you awaken, there is no headache, a simple dull throb instead extending throughout your entire body. It doesn’t really hurt, just enough to be uncomfortable, but it’s certainly not something you’re used to waking up to.

You begin to roll out of bed, only to realize that you are not, in fact, in bed. You have just enough time to sit up and process this realization before a pair of voices intrude on your senses.

“Over here, c‘mon! Hurry!” The voice is familiar, but you just can’t place it…

“Why me?” The second voice is musical and sweet, but its owner’s whining grates on your nerves. “I was hunting, and humans never come down this path, and besides, the festival’s coming up soon, and I need to get ready, and-”

“But she’s in trouble! This thing attacked her, and it was all shadowy and had glowing eyes and you were the closest! What if it’s still there? Or she’s hurt or something?” The subsequent silence is heavy with disbelief.

“She’s a fairy.” The voice is flat. “Wriggle, she’ll be fine. I don’t even know why I came.” The name’s familiar, but you can’t place it, like that of a distant relative you haven’t seen in years, or an old classmate you weren’t very familiar with. ‘Wriggle’s’ voice begins again.

“Here, this is the clearing!” And then a vaguely familiar teal-haired young…girl, maybe? With an antennae hair band - why else would it look like she has antennae? - bursts into the clearing you woke up in. She’s closely followed by another young girl - who does not have wings - in white and brown, wearing what is quite possibly the strangest hat you’ve ever seen. She has her arms crossed as she flies in right behind the first girl.

“There’s your fairy, happy now?” She puffs out her cheeks petulantly. “We may not be far from the Human Village, Wriggle, but no humans ever come along this path, you know. I’m not going to be able to catch anything tonight.

Human Village? Hahah, what? Places sure have strange names around here.

“…Cohen? Are you okay?” Oh, the teal haired girl knows your name. Fair enough, you at least recognize hers.

“Sure, sure. I suppose I’m well enough.” You reply laconically, your head still a bit fogged up from just waking up. You stretch widely, with a massive yawn and a brief flutter of your wings before climbing to your feet, for the…

Wait. Waitwaitwait. A flutter of your wings? You experimentally flap them twice, turning your head to watch.. Then you try to reach them with your hands, stretching your right arm over the opposite shoulder in a bid to at least touch one of the new appendages, but to no avail, as it is pulled away from your questing hand even as it you attempt to grasp it. You spin in place twice before realizing that this will do you no good, and giving up the attempt, you return your attention to the two girls before you.

Suddenly, it clicks. You’re dreaming, still. With a sigh, you relax, and cast your oncoming panic attack and mental breakdown to the winds. They’re both staring, as though you had suddenly grown a second head. You look back at them, blankly.

“What?”

“…Wriggle? Was your fairy friend always like this?” The queried girl shakes her head worriedly.

“No. She was a lot more…” She waved her hand, searching for a word. You interrupt.

“She…? Are you talking about me?” You lift off the ground, noticing for the first time the faint odd strain on your wings. It was present before, you realize, but you really hadn’t noticed. You cast another glance over your shoulder, looking at your beating wings, and catch a movement from the corner of your eye.

Instinctively, you turn to look, but it darts out of the way, only visible as a flicker of movement at the edge of your vision. You scowl, and give up before it becomes a comedy act.

“So, Cohen, what happened? What was that? Why did it attack?” None of the questions make any sense to you.

“What? What do you mean?”

“That…that…shadow-thing! It attacked you! We were play….er, training danmaku, remember?” It sounds…familiar. You think back, but just get a vague sense of success, pain, and fulfillment. Worse, after falling asleep, there are two sets of memories, comprising about twenty minutes before everything dissolves into colours and impressions.

“I…don’t remember.” You admit. “I can remember meeting you, but after that…not much. Sorry.”

“Well, that was a disappointment. Wriggle, next time, if it’s a fairy, don’t even bother. I’m going to go hunt. This is close enough to the Human Village that I might catch something, even if no-one’s used the paths around here in a long time.” The bird-girl - since it’s a dream, those wings must be real - flies off. Wriggle floats a bit closer to you, though.

“It’s okay. But…when’d you change your clothes?” She seems to have just noticed something, and looks you up and down, appraisingly. “That dress goes really well with your eyes.”

“…Dress?” You look down at yourself. Sure enough, you are now wearing a frilly green dress. It’s an earthy green, and you’re relieved to note, not nearly as frilly as the bird-girl’s, or even Star’s or Luna’s. It’s made from some very fine material, too, light, and it feels sorta nice as the cloth rubs across your skin as you move…

But never mind that. You’re in a dress! This won’t do at all! You’re a guy, damn it! After a moment of fruitlessly trying to will the dress back into pants and a shirt - guess the dream doesn’t feel like cooperating - you sigh.

“Hey, Wriggle? Where can I get some new clothes? I can’t wear a dress like this around.” You need pants.

“Huh?” She seems thrown by the sudden question. “Well, there’s the magician in the forest…”

“Magician? You mean that witch?”

“Witch? No, no, not the human. A Magician-Youkai, who lives in the forest. She makes clothes, sometimes. I could take you to her house, if you want?”

[x] “Sure. I need the clothes anyway. Best to get it out of the way as quickly as possible.”
[x] “Nah. I’m not in any real rush. Let’s…”
-[x] Explore
-[x] (Write-in)
[x] (Write-in)
[x] This is a dream, right? I wonder what I can do, if I can’t control everything. There must be something.
>> No. 22088
[X] “Sure. I need the clothes anyway. Best to get it out of the way as quickly as possible.”
Because if we stay around Wriggle while wearing a dress, people will call us the trap and reverse trap duo.

>You begin to roll out of bed, only to realize that you are not, in fact, in bed.
When I first read this, I thought it was Groundhog Day all over again.
>> No. 22089
[x] This is a dream, right? I wonder what I can do, if I can’t control everything. There must be something.
[x] “Sure. I need the clothes anyway. Best to get it out of the way as quickly as possible.”

Hmm so human cohen is back, but in a dress..this is starting to make sense.
>> No. 22090
[x] “Sure. I need the clothes anyway. Best to get it out of the way as quickly as possible.”

>>22049
>I have searched for it! And now I have found it! It is mine again, and I will never, never, leave it again.

Suspicious that we would wake up as Cohen's "normal" personality after this thing attacked us. Perhaps the person we think of as Cohen is that strange, dark shadowy thing, and he is merely possessing a fairy. Its too early to be certain, that's for sure.
>> No. 22091
Yay we picked Mystia~ Just as planned.
[x] “Sure. I need the clothes anyway. Best to get it out of the way as quickly as possible.”
[x] This is a dream, right? I wonder what I can do, if I can’t control everything. There must be something.
Exploring possibilities should be one of our priorities. Also,
>She’s closely followed by another young girl - who does not have wings - in white and brown, wearing what is quite possibly the strangest hat you’ve ever seen.
>The bird-girl - since it’s a dream, those wings must be real - flies off.
What the hell happened here?? The part about not having wings is bolded so that can't be a typo
>> No. 22092
>>22091
When he said she doesnt have wings, he was in absolute denial.
When he admitted she had wings, he was in self-delusion that this was a dream, where having wings is acceptable.
>> No. 22095
Thanks. That is quite possible. Missed that.

Sorry. I tend to forget such things.
>> No. 22096
[x] “Sure. I need the clothes anyway. Best to get it out of the way as quickly as possible.”
[x] This is a dream, right? I wonder what I can do, if I can’t control everything. There must be something.
>> No. 22097
[x] This is a dream, right? I wonder what I can do, if I can’t control everything. There must be something.
[x] “Sure. I need the clothes anyway. Best to get it out of the way as quickly as possible.”
>> No. 22103
...

It's like I'm playing Remember11 all over again.
>> No. 22113
File 128978339866.jpg - (345.50KB , 1000x707 , 63b7ac77da226f3aa95932620cbc15a9.jpg ) [iqdb]
22113
[x] “Sure. I need the clothes anyway. Best to get it out of the way as quickly as possible.”
[x] This is a dream, right? I wonder what I can do, if I can’t control everything. There must be something.

I miss Star.
>> No. 22118
[x] “Sure. I need the clothes anyway. Best to get it out of the way as quickly as possible.”
[x] This is a dream, right? If I can‘t control everything, I wonder what I can do. There must be something.

You hardly need to think about the offer. “Sure. I need the clothes anyway. As nice as this dress is…I’m much more comfortable in pants.” Much, much more comfortable. “Let’s get this out of the way.”

“Alright.” Wriggle says, flying towards a break in the trees, “Follow me!” The break turns out only to be on the edge of the clearing, and the trees thicken as you go deeper into the woods.

As you fly, staying a few feet behind her as you weave through trees, you mind wanders. Other than the need to watch out for trees in your flight path, there’s very little to occupy you on the way.

This is a dream, right?

Well, you don’t even need to wonder. You have wings, after all. And you can fly!

So. This is a dream, certainly. And so, you must have some sort of control over it. You aren’t as all-powerful as you might like to be, but dreams can be weird like that. Sometimes you can control them, and other times you can’t.

But there must be something you can do. After all, you know that you’re dreaming, and that gives you power, right?

…The only question now, is how do you find out what that is? Experimentation, maybe? Well, either that or being put in a position where you absolutely need it, but…yeah, that’s not really an option. So experimentation it will have to be. Maybe…

You reach deeply within yourself, seizing hold of a strand of stolen magic from the…the…you aren’t quite sure, actually. You feel as though you should know…and furthermore, stolen magic? Putting the matter firmly out of mind, you feel the strand with…well, whatever senses allow you to even perceive it, and manipulate it, examining it and getting a feel for it. It feels…controlling, maybe, would be the best word for it, as though it were meant for command. Not through domination, but rather, as a right granted it by its very existence. You ponder over it for a moment.

How did you even get this? It feels familiar…

And, you notice a separate reservoir hidden beneath it, much smaller, and with a definite feeling of, well, of redness, if you had to put a word to it. You reach towards it-

three sharp pains in your chest

And gasp, faltering in your flight for a brief moment, nearly falling out of the sky. Your eyes fill with tears from the sheer flood of emotion simply brushing it evoked, the terror and helplessness you had been trying to suppress, all flooding back for a second before dissipating back into the more diffused feeling that had remained after your encounter with Death…a sort of distant set of emotions, only loosely connected to you.

You abandon your experiments, for now, still trembling from the effect the red magic had on you. Best to just ignore it for now. You…you really don’t want to have to deal with it right now.

Setting aside your thoughts, you try to lose yourself once more in the sensation of flight, and, gradually, the trembling stops, and the euphoria from the morning returns, much more muted than it had been the first time you flew, but still present.

You sink into the feeling, and, with a smile on your face, follow Wriggle the rest of the way to the seamstress’s house.

-------------

The sound of hammers meets your arrival. As you draw nearer to the clearing the house is located in, you note some freshly cut stumps here and there, where previously trees stood. With a sudden sense of unease, you realize that this section of forest seems rather…familiar.

This feeling proves justified, as you emerge from the tree line to find yourself standing before a house you know quite well. A small army of dolls is hard at work repairing the gaping hole in the wall left by Alice’s pursuit of you, with Alice herself directing them, her stolen book in hand.

This gives you a brief moment of panic and worry for your compatriots in the theft, before you remembering discarding the book during the flight from the hunting army of dolls. It was almost as big as you were, after all, although it seems smaller now.

You take cover behind Wriggle as she glances in your direction. She shouldn’t know you, right? Right?

You tremble slightly as she walks over, a curious expression on her face. You clutch Wriggle’s cape tightly as you peer around her, watching this blonde-haired monster draw closer. If you had never been witness to her rage, you probably wouldn’t be so frightened, but…

“Oh? The firefly‘s come back here?” She notices you then, and you flinch, drawing back further behind your companion. “With a shy little fairy, at that. Why are you here?”

“Well, Cohen here,” she attempts to show you to Alice, but you manage to keep her between you and the blonde. She eventually settles for gesturing in your general direction. “Was attacked, and, well, she needs new clothes, because hers changed, I guess. I remembered how you helped me, and, well…”

“You thought I could help.” The line is delivered flatly, and Wriggle perks up a bit as she replies.

“Yeah! Can -” She doesn’t get to finish her request, however.

“No.” The answer comes without an ounce of hesitation. “I’m a bit busy, as you can see.” Alice gestures towards the gaping hole in her house. It seems she’s been working on it for awhile, but it’s still only half-repaired. “And until I finish repairing the damage to my home, I’m afraid that I will have no time to be sewing or anything of the sort.”

“What happened?” Wriggle asks, staring at the damaged wall.

“A thief. A thief came, and tried to steal some things. I managed to recover my Grimoire,” The capital letter is clearly audible, and you flinch again. The book was…rather more important than you had thought, apparently. “But the thief got away, and there’s all of this to deal with.” Her fist clenches, and her face darkens, betraying the slightest hint of that cold fury you’d seen in her face before, “If I ever find out who it was…”

Even Wriggle takes a step back in the face of her wrath, but it passes quickly, replaced by a much more pleasant expression as she looks from Wriggle down to you. A warm smile comes across her face as she bends down to place herself closer to your height.

“Nevermind that, though, little one. Come here, I’ll take your measurements so I can get started on your clothes once I’m done with my house, okay?” She makes a little ‘come on’ gesture to you with her free hand. You hesitate, keeping yourself on the other side of Wriggle. It’s an almost instinctive reaction, when everyone’s twice your size, or even bigger, but you must admit, it sort of hurts your pride as a man, cowering behind a small girl, hiding from ANOTHER small girl.

You steel your nerves, and step out from behind Wriggle.

“There we go! Come on into the house, now, alright? I won’t hurt you!” She smiles and straightens, and takes a few steps towards the front door before looking back. “Well? Are you coming?” This is suspicious.

“…Why do we need to go into the house? Can’t you just take the measurements here?” She smirks at you. You scowl.

“I’ll need you to take off that dress so I can get all the measurements I need. You want to do that out here?” It seems to be an honest question, but you aren’t fooled. You scowl more.

[x] Go with her. She doesn’t know it was you, and she seems like a fine person, otherwise.
[x] This is suspicious. Stay outside, and swallow your pride.
[x] You don’t trust her at all. You don’t really need new clothes.
[x] Write-in?

[x] Were there any accessories you wanted? A hat, ribbon…?
>> No. 22119
[x] Go with her. She doesn’t know it was you, and she seems like a fine person, otherwise.
[x] A hat. Newsboy cap.
I see no reason not to go inside. Actually I do but I guess we can still get out of it perfectly unharmed and with a friend if we play our cards right. Also, I'm gonna do horrible stuff to you guys if we end up with a fedora. AGAIN
>> No. 22120
File 128986006171.jpg - (86.74KB , 469x428 , trollface.jpg ) [iqdb]
22120
>>22119
[x] Go with her. She doesn’t know it was you, and she seems like a fine person, otherwise.
-[x]And some kind of hat. Something spiffy, that shows you have class. Something like a fedora.

We can intuitively grasp at our host fairies stolen magic, whereas touching lingering traces of magic left behind by death hurts us. What the hell is going on.
I am not serious about the damn hat.
>> No. 22121
[x] Go with her. She doesn’t know it was you, and she seems like a fine person, otherwise.
[x] A hat. Newsboy cap.
>> No. 22122
>“I’m a bit busy, as you can see.” Alice gestures towards the gaping hole in her house. It seems she’s been working on it for awhile, but it’s still only half-repaired. “And until I finish repairing the damage to my home, I’m afraid that I will have no time to be sewing or anything of the sort.”

[x] Go with her. She doesn’t know it was you, and she seems like a fine person, otherwise.
-[x] Offer to help with her repairs. The sooner the work on her house is done, the sooner she can help with your clothes.
[x] Were there any accessories you wanted? A hat, ribbon…?
-[x] A hat. Newsboy cap.

I am suspicious, but it was our fault, and in case she does suspect, we should maintain the illusion of innocence, and this would go some way toward assuaging her wrath. You don't want to fuck with the only woman capable of manufacturing clothing your size.
>> No. 22124
[Q] Go with her. She doesn’t know it was you, and she seems like a fine person, otherwise.
[Q] Were there any accessories you wanted? A hat, ribbon…?
- [Q] Beret.

So, what, I mean, seriously, what is our gender?
>> No. 22125
[x] Go with her. She doesn’t know it was you, and she seems like a fine person, otherwise.
[x] A hat. Newsboy cap.
>> No. 22126
>>22124
Our gender appears to be disembodied wraith possessing fairies. Maybe.
>> No. 22128
>>22124
>what is our gender?

There's two genders in Gensokyo.

Pants or not-pants.

We're the pants kind.
>> No. 22129
[x] Go with her. She doesn’t know it was you, and she seems like a fine person, otherwise.
[x] Start trying very hard not to panic. Possibly fail.
>> No. 22130
>>22128

What about bloomers? Does that count as pants?
>> No. 22131
>>22128

What about bloomers? Does that count as pants?
>> No. 22132
>>22130
Bloomers are go either way since they are worn below (well they are with me but I don't know how that stuff works I mean it's freaking underwear but still you never know).
Also, please delete your double post.
>> No. 22153
[x] You’ve had enough of the forest. What else is there to see?

>“You…you‘re…what…?” She stares, flushed red
Aww yeah. None can resist our rocking fairy body.
>> No. 22154
[Q] You’ve had enough of the forest. What else is there to see?

Good, male. Though...

Not sure how I feel about the shota sixpack yet.
>> No. 22155
[x] You’ve had enough of the forest. What else is there to see?
>> No. 22156
...Wait. Do we honest-to-goodness think we're a fairy here, or do we "hey it's a dream in which we're apparently a fairy let's go with it" think we're a fairy?
>> No. 22157
>>22156
Seems to be the second. Try and follow along, broski.
>> No. 22160
[X] Help Alice, of course! The sooner she finishes, the sooner your clothes get made!

And the sooner you're out of that damn dress.

Also, it looks like Cohen's power is activating everyone else's weirdness censors. Even people who live in a fantasy land with magic and should be used to this.
>> No. 22161
[x] Help Alice, of course! The sooner she finishes, the sooner your clothes get made!

I want my pants.
>> No. 22163
[x] You’ve had enough of the forest. What else is there to see?
>> No. 22164
[x] Help Alice, of course! The sooner she finishes, the sooner your clothes get made!
>> No. 22165
Okay, whoa. Deleting that update.

Alright, explanaition time: I have had 13 hours of sleep this week. Eight of those were last night. I wake up and come to check the votes and stuff, and then I notice that update.

I somehow miraculously managed to say absolutely nothing that I should have, and took it in the wrong direction entirely.

My deepest apologies.

I need to fix this. And find a more regular sleep pattern.
>> No. 22166
File 12902937749.jpg - (22.56KB , 281x236 , okayguy.jpg ) [iqdb]
22166
>>22165
Waiting warmly.
>> No. 22174
[x] Go with her.

“Of course not! I just didn’t know!” You hurry up behind her as she laughs and continues on. “Don’t laugh at me, come on! I really didn’t know!”

“Yes, little one, yes, I’m sorry.” She says that, sure, but she’s very careful to stay turned away from you as the two of you enter her house. You don’t feel quite as bad for what you did to her anymore. She leads you to a room much like the one her Grimoire had been in, and gestures toward a screen. “You can take your dress off behind that. Just step out when you’re ready for measurements.” You nod, and fly behind it.

It takes you a few minutes to puzzle out just how to get your dress off without tearing your wings off, but you eventually discover that most of the back actually separates from the dress, making the task much easier. Why, it’s almost as though this dress were made for someone with wings!

Once you finish taking it off, you take a look at yourself. You’re slim. Not quite thin, but you probably don’t weigh much, especially considering your height. The thing that really catches your attention, though, is the most worrying aspect of your dream appearance: three angry red holes in your chest, around where your heart would be, if you were a human in this dream. A thin red line runs between each hole, connecting them in a triangle, and another three horizontal lines are inside the triangle, each shorter than the one below it, none touching the sides of the triangle itself. You give out a surprised gasp when you notice the odd wound.

“Hm?” Alice heard you. “Are you alright? Is something wrong?” You hesitate only briefly. She’s going to see it anyway when she takes your measurements. Stepping out from behind the screen, you reply.

“Um…yeah.” Her eyes widen in surprise as she begins to notice your gender, but she gasps when she notices the holes in your chest. In three quick steps, she’s kneeling right in front of you, bringing her nearly down to your level.

“This…this looks like the work of that shrine maiden. But…how did the injury persist, on a fairy of all beings? And how did you survive this? The sealing process alone would usually be enough to disperse one of you, never mind the seal itself…” As she speaks, you find yourself growing more and more concerned. You’re clear on one point, though.

“I didn’t survive.” And that’s all you’re willing to say on the subject. Alice’s surprise is clearly evident, but she waits for you to continue. When it becomes clear you don’t intend to speak, she continues to ponder the odd injury on your chest aloud.

“Strange. It even persisted through a fairy’s reincarnation? I’d normally be inclined to say that was impossible, but…Ah, you wouldn’t understand, anyway, and you came here for a reason, didn’t you? Here, let me take those measurements, then.” She busies herself with her work, leaving you to ponder what she said.

This dream just keeps getting more and more interesting, doesn’t it? It sounds like you have some sort of plot going! It’s exciting! And…slightly unforgiving. It’s considerably more lucid than you’re used to, and with that turn towards nightmare it took earlier…

But where’s the fun without a little risk, huh? And after all, nothing permanent could happen. It is just a dream, after all.

----------------------------------------------------

“I should have the repairs done by tomorrow, so come back in two or three days for your clothes, alright? You behave yourself now, and try not to upset Reimu again.” And with this piece of advice, Alice shoos you out of her house. Left to your own devices, you take a look around for Wriggle. She should stil be around somewhere…

You spot her watching the dolls work in fascination, enthralled by their perfect coordination and the way they all moved as one to accomplish this task that was greater than any alone could handle. You fly over to her.

“Wriggle?” She turns to you, eyes blazing with determination.

“Cohen!” You jump, startled at her sudden outburst. “Look at this! They’re great! Like a colony of ants, each with its own job, not a single one out of place, working perfectly together! It’s inspiring, the way some people can learn from the greatness of bugs.” She nods, in a satisfied manner, and asks, “Well, are you all done? What do you want to do now?” She looks to the sky, where the gibbous moon is no longer visible through the trees. “The sun is going to be coming up in an hour or two…”

That’s a good question, actually. What now?

[x] You’ve had enough of the forest. What else is there to see?
[x] You’re pretty tired, actually…
[x] Help Alice, of course! The sooner she finishes, the sooner your clothes get made!
[x] There’s something going on! To the shrine! But, uh…try to stay on Reimu’s good side this time. (She has one, right?)
- [x] It’s a shrine, so there must be a place for offerings or donations, right? Bring something!

----------------------

This was rewritten using the old text file, so if there's any major errors or errant chunks of text, please call me out on it so I can make repairs, okay?
>> No. 22178
[x] There’s something going on! To the shrine! But, uh…try to stay on Reimu’s good side this time. (She has one, right?)

>sounds like you have some sort of plot going
Made me laugh a little.

And those three holes are just a little distressing. We should scuttle on over to Reimu's love shack and get her opinion on it. Do the holes go through our body?
>> No. 22179
[x] Help Alice, of course! The sooner she finishes, the sooner your clothes get made!

Normally I'd be all for going over to the shrine but we did sorta help wreck Alice's house. This should at least hopefully get us some brownie points if Alice does recognize us or ends up doing so later.
>> No. 22180
[x] Help Alice, of course! The sooner she finishes, the sooner your clothes get made!
[x] While you're at it, ask Alice about Reimu (What she thought you were back then, and maybe how to avoid getting murdered instantly upon visual contact).

If we're going back to the shrine, might as well prepare first. Plus, it won't do to walk around in a dress.
>> No. 22181
[x] Help Alice, of course! The sooner she finishes, the sooner your clothes get made!
-[x] While you're at it, ask Alice about Reimu (What she thought you were back then, and maybe how to avoid getting murdered instantly upon visual contact).

Reimu won't recognize us if we're not wearing our trademark pants. We also don't have anything of value to donate. Yet. I think Reimu will be more likely to address our concerns if we get her something that isn't a bug or a flower.

Alice seems to know more about it didn't tell us because she thought we wouldn't understand. It might be high level magical theory, or she might just have assumed we're of normal, low fairy intelligence. Let's try to prove otherwise.
>> No. 22182
>>22179
Let me tell you a secret
>“Of course not! I just didn’t know!” You hurry up behind her as she laughs and continues on. “Don’t laugh at me, come on! I really didn’t know!”
>“Yes, little one, yes, I’m sorry.” She says that, sure, but she’s very careful to stay turned away from you as the two of you enter her house. You don’t feel quite as bad for what you did to her anymore.
She already knows

[x] Help Alice, of course! The sooner she finishes, the sooner your clothes get made!
>> No. 22183
[x] There’s something going on! To the shrine! But, uh…try to stay on Reimu’s good side this time. (She has one, right?)
- [x] It’s a shrine, so there must be a place for offerings or donations, right? Bring something!
>> No. 22185
>>22174
[x] There’s something going on! To the shrine! But, uh…try to stay on Reimu’s good side this time. (She has one, right?)
- [x] It’s a shrine, so there must be a place for offerings or donations, right? Bring something!
-- [x] Like a...doll? Dolls are nice, right? I'm sure Alice won't miss one if we ask nicely?
>> No. 22186
>>22185
Not only a dress, but also playing with dolls? You trying to emasculate our poor MC?
>> No. 22187
[x] There’s something going on! To the shrine! But, uh…try to stay on Reimu’s good side this time. (She has one, right?)
- [x] It’s a shrine, so there must be a place for offerings or donations, right? Bring something!
>> No. 22188
Oh? A tie? Well. Guess I'll need to let it resolve. I'll start writing at around 13:00 or 14:00 board time, taking the leader at that time. If there's no leader, I'll randomise it somehow. Coin flip or rolling a die or something.
>> No. 22189
[x] Help Alice, of course! The sooner she finishes, the sooner your clothes get made!
>> No. 22190
[x] Help Alice, of course! The sooner she finishes, the sooner your clothes get made!
>> No. 22191
[x] You’ve had enough of the forest. What else is there to see?

If you stick around Alice might figure out that you are the thief, and you have a friendly guide and not much else to do right now...
>> No. 22192
>>22191
Dude...
>>22182
I'm pretty sure Alice already knows that
>> No. 22193
>>22192
>>22182
I don't see how this passage indicated that she already knows. Maybe I suck at reading, but I interpreted it as something else entirely.

Mind explaining?
>> No. 22194
Uhh... alright my bad. It certainly did seem so from my perspective. I figured it out while trying to explain though.
>> No. 22197
>There’s something going on! To the shrine!

What's going on, did I miss something? I don't get why we'd go to the shrine now, especially since it's before dawn.
>> No. 22198
[x] Help Alice, of course! The sooner she finishes, the sooner your clothes get made!

Guys, you sure you want to go back to the shrine so soon? The mental trauma may just send us into a panic attack as soon as we see Reimu.
>> No. 22209
[x] Help Alice, of course! The sooner she finishes, the sooner your clothes get made!

NO, REIMU! NO!
>> No. 22210
[x] Help Alice, of course! The sooner she finishes
>> No. 22222
What happened? Status update?
>> No. 22275
So are you still alive?
>> No. 22344
SO! Status report!
Unfortunately, this story is going on indefinite hiatus.
That huge silent period of mine was me never being on the boards because I was battling my update. Which is why I am going to put this on hiatus. Because it shouldn't take months and months to write an 800-1200 word update. And I can't write anything decent for this story, right now. But I like it, and don't want to abandon it entirely.
So break.

In the meantime, I'll probably work on some other things. I have a mini-CYOA in the works, which may even go up tonight.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x