-  [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return][Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject  (Reply to 20324)
Message
Captcha
File
Password (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM, WEBP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 127092955138.jpg - (194.63KB, 768x957, all your fault.jpg) [iqdb]
20324No. 20324
Previous: >>19278

Not what I had planned, not what I had expected, not a lot of other things. But here it is, as is, no more delays. Otherwise I'd be stuck forever. I apologize and hope we can move on now with faster and regular updates. I hope to make up my shortcomings here over time.

-

Her request weighs upon you for a moment. It's an invitation for you to be honest and say what you want to say. There's a lot of that. There's a lot that you feel, that you want to try to put into words. She's giving you a chance for that.

But first thing's first, you decide.

“Well, you know... I just have to clear some things up... this trip, it's not really what I pictured what it would be.” You pictured something else... what that was you're not 100% sure, but it wasn't this you know. The original had something of a more relaxed vibe. More unrepentant fun and no complications. The cool night air helps you choose your words carefully, the stars whispering the right words to you, “I wanted to spend some time alone with you, with my buddy, away from Eientei, away from all that madness. You know, have fun and laugh and be ourselves. Lately there's just been so much asked of us that, I don't know, it just felt right to do this. I thought that a lot of what was going on might have been upsetting you, and I thought we could both do well to unwind. Without Eirin or the rabbits or whoever else breathing down our necks.”
“I know your intentions weren't bad,” Kaguya states, “Otherwise I wouldn't have come along. I, um, have faith in you.”
“Thank you.” You thank her solemnly. Her faith in you means the world to you, you realize. It's a vote of confidence that's hard to quantify in terms of just how exactly it makes you feel. It's like being accepted for you yourself, in spite of your faults. It's the stuff of good relationships.
“I'm sorry if I've made you feel uncomfortable, if I've made you feel nervous. I didn't mean to.” You pause, half-expecting her to remind you of the business 'earlier' that she brought up. She doesn't. “Like I said, I wanted us to be at ease and have fun. With all my stubbornness and stupidity I never intended for anything else.”

A torrent of words come out as you explain yourself to her, reminding her of just what you see her as. You notice that she looks strangely distant as you remind her that to you she's your friend, your buddy. Your heart is a swirl of emotion and your mind a seemingly endless string of thought after thought.

“I don't think of you as a princess or anything, though I know you are one. I mean, I'm not nearly as respectful as I should be probably for starters. To me all of that in your past, where you came from doesn't really matter. You laugh when you're with me, right? We play stupid games and make jokes. That's who I see you as. Whatever else others may call you doesn't matter to me. You're the one who pulled me from my boring life to here. That means to me a lot more than what I've probably said before to you.”

Though your disoriented mumbling probably sounds pathetic to an objective observer, it's your heart that you're sharing with her. It makes you blush even though you're being by no means too blunt.

Your body is tired, that's a poorly concealed secret. Yet it continues to operate at full capacity, allowing what must surely be an adrenal rush to power you until you make the point you have to make. Somehow, you suspect that Kaguya might be in a similar state. Though she conceals her weariness well, her eyes betray both emotional and physical fatigue. She's running on empty. It dawns upon you that a lot of that is your fault. Dragging her around both figuratively and literally has thrown your buddy off balance.

“What I guess I'm saying is that despite you being the way you are... living the way you do and me, with the way I live, being me we're able to get together and enjoy one another's company. Nothing can change that..”

You smirk, as one should do when talking about failings. You admit your mistakes .
“I know I didn't have that much of a plan to begin with. And dragging you around was probably not fair. Sorry about that. But I, um...” You hesitate in using the word, “'kidnapped' you so that we could have fun together. You know that I should probably think through what I do more often, but I'm an irredeemable idiot it seems.” You watch for a smile from her; Her expression doesn't change. “But that makes me, me. Shirou, your friend. Shirou, the guy who you can laugh with and talk about the silliest of things. The guy who'll cook anything on a whim. The guy you can play games with. And I hope that you know, that despite all of my shortcomings, I hope you enjoyed spending time with me. I think you have. You're still here with, and I'm thankful for that. You ought to know just how much that means to me. I know that I've enjoyed our time together – every single moment we've spent together to be honest – and I have no regrets at all regarding that.”

“I'd be surprised if you did.” Kaguya says softly. She seems so fragile under the starlight, her pale skin barely illuminated. She seems to glow in her own weird way, like she's absorbing energy from the heavens. “I well know the way you are, and if you weren't like that you probably wouldn't be here with me now.”
“Then you already know what I meant earlier.”
“I still want to hear you explain yourself,” She says with what seems to be a little dread. You could guess why. As much as she knew you, you thought that you knew her at least by a reasonable amount. Even someone as dense as you could tell when she was feeling this insecure.
“I meant everything I said, you know – to the word. I meant that kiss, it was honestly how I felt at the time and how I feel now. You're important to me Kaguya – and I want you to know and understand that.” And as the truth comes out, you're ever more sure that's how you feel. It paralyzes part of your mind, though your confidence doesn't waver. Now running on empty, you have little to lose, “Yeah, there have been times I've thought of you as more than my buddy. I don't know when it started, and at times I tried to pretend that I was being stupid, but it's true. It's difficult not to think of you in that way. I mean, you're beautiful.” There's a vague feeling of burst capillaries in your cheek, but it doesn't stop you from continuing, “More than that, you're stunning; With your gorgeous silky hair and your wonderful scent, it's enough to capture anyone's heart. Not only that, but your personality is as lovely; You tease and barb sometimes, but it helps me shape up and be on the ball. It's challenging, but I like that and I like you. I know that your intent is always the best and I appreciate your pure sentiments.”

Something of a stunned silence comes upon you. On your part it's mostly due to your forwardness finally being processed by your brain – it sinks in. You haven't made up your mind on her reasoning. You've been fidgeting with your clothes all this while, your fingers moving subconsciously even as your words came out. You must have looked strange to her, like a bumbling moron. It's not that your self-confidence is usually poor, but more like it's especially sensitive after you've bared your heart.

“You've been keeping me at arm's length...” You continue, “I don't know why, but it seems that lately, no matter what, you're keeping a distance between us. I don't know if I'm upsetting you because you won't tell me.” You feel like sighing. But something about Kaguya's insecure gaze in the darkness makes you hold it in. You see that she may be as confused about it as you are. “I don't want to hurt you in any way – I would never dream of it – but it's frustrating not to know what to do or how to act. I want to know how you feel, because it's you and because I care.”

You do sigh this time.

“The last thing I want to do is make you feel uncomfortable. And if you don't feel the same way, it's alright. I hope that then we could at the very least remain buddies. We have something special going on and I don't want to mess it up. It boils down to the fact that you're important to me and I want you to know that.”

“That's a lot to consider,” She speaks, her voice a weak little nothing that almost gets drowned out in the silence.

Out of respect you give her all the time that she needs. It physically hurts to wait. Your nerves are shot to hell. More than once you have to still your shaking hands and remember to breathe. You wonder about the others just then. If they're thinking of you. Eirin you have no doubt is probably thinking of Kaguya and worrying. But the others, well, they may not even care that much. Nor would your friends outside of Eientei.

“It's difficult to deal with these things rationally. The kidnapping – no, these past couple of days – a lot has happened. And even before that, a lot was happening. Things were moving quickly and some things were out of my control. And your control.” Kaguya sits up straight, clutching her legs tightly against her chest. “I know and you know... things, well like you said. And those things, well, they affect us in ways that, at least, I'm not all too sure. I don't know how to reply.”

There's real weariness in display, one that's mutually felt, “I appreciate your feelings, I really do. And how you've been brave enough... I should have realize- well I did sort of realize. But you know, for me, it's not as black and white as that. Even doing something like running away is a big thing, and I'm still not entirely sure if it was the best thing to do. But I let myself be led along precisely because I trusted you and knew that it would be alright”

To your surprise her voice begins to break up. “I'm sorry...” Though you can't see her tears in this light, you know she's crying. “It's just... a lot and I worry. Like earlier when you were out, I didn't know what I'd do if anything happened that- best not to think about it.” She buries her head into her knees. “And here I am, doing this here and now. Even though I shouldn't. Though I don't have a right to. It's complicated, you know... and I'm not making things better, am I? Eirin told me to pick what I wanted to do, but in the end I'm too afraid to let it go.”

“It's alright.” Consoling her is a reflex action any living being would have. You come in closer, taking her curled up form in a half embrace. You stroke her hair as softly as you can, trying to calm her down.
“This is pathetic,” She mumbles to herself.
“I'm here for you, no matter what.”

She looks up, a trail of tears shimmering in the dim light from her captivating eyes. In the cool night, you can feel her warmth all the better. You're sure she can feel your warmth as well. You need to say something that gets to the core of her insecurity.

[] She should know that her immortality won't ever matter to you
[] Whatever happens next at Eientei will be fine as long as you're together
[] You should apologize for not being worthy enough for her
[] Kiss her
Expand all images
>>No. 20325
[X] She should know that her immortality won't ever matter to you

I'm not sure what to do, kissing might work, but it kinda feels too direct.
>>No. 20326
[X] She should know that her immortality won't ever matter to you.

If anything, it would be worse off for her.
>>No. 20327
>>You need to say something that gets to the core of her insecurity.

>>She should know that her immortality won't ever matter to you

While it's true, I'm not sure if this is the right one, if only because Shirou's own mortality is as much a part of the problem, here. He could even tell her he's at peace with the fact that he will die, one way or another, but what good does it do when she's clearly not at peace with that fact?

As much as I hate to say it, if anything, telling her you don't care that she can never die when she very obviously cares that you can and will die seems a little selfish.

>>Whatever happens next at Eientei will be fine as long as you're together
Once again, true (for Shirou, at least), but also getting a little further away from the core of the problem, which once again is the whole "she can't die, but he can" thing.
Besides, as she pointed out, much has happened that has been beyond either of their control. Knowing that, is saying things will be fine really all that reassuring?

>>You should apologize for not being worthy enough for her

Yeah. No.

That just leaves one option, but is it really a wise move? I wonder, I wonder...

>>It's difficult to deal with these things rationally.
>>But you know, for me, it's not as black and white as that.
>>It's complicated, you know...

It reminds me of a puzzle some advice we were given not too long ago, in-story...

>>“Make you realize how simple things are and make her realize how simple they are as well."
>>“Don't make thing more complicated. Have fun and live it up.”

While the Wise One was encouraging something other than kissing at that point, I think there's some truth in what she said, regardless of whether or not she simply wanted to see something interesting happen.

Kaguya probably knows full well how she feels, and now she even knows how Shirou feels. All that's really holding her back now is herself, and all her worries about "what if" this or that happens, and how complicated this whole mess is.

So, un-complicate it.

[X] Kiss her

inb4 it turns out I completely misunderstood something, and this blows up horribly in our faces
>>No. 20328
>[] Whatever happens next at Eientei will be fine as long as you're together
Already been mentioned
>[] You should apologize for not being worthy enough for her
That won't help with her insecurity
>[] Kiss her
That might create more emotional instability.


[x] She should know that her immortality won't ever matter to you.

Seems like the thing that needs to be said.
>>No. 20329
>>20327

You've convinced me.

[X] Kiss her
>>No. 20331
[X] Kiss her

Better to live for the moment. Kaguya never compared her lifespan to ours and bringing up more complicated shit will just make her feel worse. Shirou growing old and dieing is further off and Eirin might able to do something about that.
>>No. 20332
>>20327

You know what, actions speak louder than words, you never know until you try, etc.

>>20325 changes to [X] Kiss her
>>No. 20333
[X] Kiss her
[x] She should know that her immortality won't ever matter to you.

GATTAI DA!
>>No. 20334
[X] Kiss her
>>No. 20335
>I know and you know... things, well like you said. And those things, well, they affect us in ways that, at least, I'm not all too sure. I don't know how to reply.
>I appreciate your feelings, I really do. And how you've been brave enough... I should have realize- well I did sort of realize. But you know, for me, it's not as black and white as that. Even doing something like running away is a big thing, and I'm still not entirely sure if it was the best thing to do. But I let myself be led along precisely because I trusted you and knew that it would be alright
It is the right time, her feelings are coming through and she just does not want to hear you apologizing or tell her you will love her or that things do matter ot not matter for you.
It is time for one plain action, no words, just this one thing that you can do at this very moment.
>You need to say something that gets to the core of her insecurity.
A kiss says more than a thousand words. It conveys all the feelings and thoughts you have.

[x] Kiss her

Time to show her. Put everything you have into it.
>>No. 20336
[x] Kiss her
Didn't we already tried this? And failed miserably? I can't remember.
Oh well, this should make her know that she's good enough for him. Not that's saying much though, but that's all he can do.
>>No. 20337
[X] Kiss her
[x] She should know that her immortality won't ever matter to you.

This...this might just make sense.
>>No. 20338
I'd say 'writing now' but that'd be misleading. I will be writing somewhat but I'll be constantly interrupted so no results should be expected for at least two hours. There will be frequent updates.
>>No. 20339
>>20338
I feel like I should be bracing for something, but I'm not sure what.
>>No. 20346
File 127098077731.jpg - (118.88KB, 572x800, bewilderment.jpg) [iqdb]
20346
Her darkened gaze meets yours. As you hold her you think about what to do. Thoughts of what to say, how to say it are hard to come by. Simply put, your brain is frazzled. You don't know what she expects from you now, if anything, with much certainty.

You slowly bring your face closer to hers. With one hand you gently hold her chin up towards you, with the other you keep the embrace.

Quietly, as silently as the first time you tried, you join with her at the lips, your eyes closing by reflex. As before, she doesn't resist. It's a soft, sort of shy, kiss all in all but one that you enjoy. Your head feels like it's soaring up in the sky and your exhausted heart pumps excitedly with no rest. You pull apart slightly, your hand letting go of her chin. You look at her watery eyes, tasting saline transfer that found its way onto your lips as you gave her that peck.

As before, your mind is blank. It feels like you've reached the place of the heavens and clouds with just that. Judging from the girlishly content expression on her face, it was about the same for her. You're not the poetic sort, but if you had to describe the two times that you've done this with her, it felt like your souls embraced one another in a burning exchange.

Your school teachers would have cringed and given you a D+ for effort for that description.

“...that's unfair,” She mutters in a daze. You smile. “You can't just do that. That's twice now, and on the moon doing it twice means...” She pulls back from you, putting some more distance in. Her face is flush, and not just because she's been crying.
“It means what?” You ask, seeing a chance to stop the tears.
“Nothing!” Her cool is compromised and she shifts around, trying to get some more space away from you.

You let her squirm free. You grin, apparently a little too much. She reproaches you.

“Oh, you're impossible!” She exclaims. At least it looks like she's stopped crying. “I can't believe you just did that, again.”
“I'm sorry, was I supposed not to?”
“N...no! Not like that out of the blue, like last time. I mean that was my first and this the second and it wasn't even proper or anything; I wasn't prepared at all!”
“Ah.” You grin even more, sure that your expression would be better described as a grimace now. Kaguya is rattled by the way you are behaving, much to your delight. You feel like you have the upper hand now.

“You definitely look alright to me now. So I think it's safe to leave you alone... I'll be going to sleep now, ok?” Like a adorable mouse in pink, she looks to abandon ship by scrambling away as quickly as possible.
“Whoa, hold up there.” You reach out to grab her arm. She evades your grip, almost scurrying as she goes.
“So sleepy. Ah~n” She fakes a yawn. “I don't think I can stay awake any longer without collapsing.”

She bolts back inside, leaving you in the dust.

There's a funny thing about running at 120% capacity during overtime, you come to realize – Time and space distorts slightly when you want it to. In what might have been an almost miraculous feat of reflexes and speed you find yourself upright and through that front door instantaneously. Then behind the fleeing Kaguya.

You overtake her in the middle of the corridor. And as she lets out a squeaky 'eep' you corner her. She comes to an abrupt halt. Your arms block the path forward and backwards, and her back is against the wall. Her arms are pulled against her chest, almost defensively. She glares at you intensely but uncertainly, as if unsure whether to tell you off or avert her gaze. You lean in. The continuous streak of red across her face probably prevents her from doing the former properly. So she opts for the latter, dropping her eyes to her own chest and her head slightly askew.

“Didn't you hear? I'm sleepy. Let me go to bed,” She protests weakly, her heart not really into it. She rambles on, “Eirin told me that it's important to get a good night's rest...”
“She's probably right. But we both know that you're not really suddenly that sleepy.”
“But I am... fuwah~” She fakes a yawn, “see?”
“I don't believe you.”
“I don't need you to!” She snaps, gathering enough courage to be a bit more authoritative. You can sense her confusion diffusing her instincts. She's trapped and a little resentful. “Just let me go alright?”
“I don't want to. I don't want to leave things just hanging in the air like that.”
“Hanging in the air!?” She looks up, defiantly. Her piercing and proud gaze is reforging itself. She challenges you, “What are you going to do if I ignore you and go to bed? Are you going to kiss me again?!”

It's something more... complicated than a challenge. You're not quite sure if it's an invitation. It's hard to tell when she's rallying like this; She's regaining the upper hand.

“No. No I'm not,” You answer her, “I'm not going to kiss you, as much as I may want to, unless you want me to.”
“Liar.” She had a point. If you let your feelings run loose you'd pounce on her in record time. You've tasted her twice now, and you're hungry for more.
“It's true.” You remove your arms and stand back. It's a noteworthy display of self-restraint. “Go to sleep if you want to but I really didn't want to leave things like this. I thought you wouldn't either. There's a lot that we can-”

She begins to walk away. You think that she's going to clam up again and leave you on uncertain terms. Luckily, something within her might have caused a change in heart. She stops after a few steps and looks back over her shoulder..

“Well then, what sort of thing did you have in mind?” She asks.

[] “Getting a reply on how you feel maybe.”
[] “If it'll make you happy and you're prepared this time, we could try a 'proper' kiss. To be fair to you.”
[]”I want to know if we're still buddies or not...”
[]”Come morning, what are we going to do?”
-
Hurf. Fell asleep so this got delayed by a couple of hours. Sorry.
>>20339
Follow your instincts. Roll for initiative, obviously.
>>No. 20347
>you're hungry for more.
not the only one.
>“Getting a reply on how you feel maybe.”
>”I want to know if we're still buddies or not...”
>”Come morning, what are we going to do?”
No. Just no.

>“Go to sleep if you want to but I really didn't want to leave things like this. I thought you wouldn't either. There's a lot that we can-”
>“Well then, what sort of thing did you have in mind?” She asks.
This would need something teasing that follows the mood and not ruins it. The situation is hot, so let's try to turn to turn up the heat.
>>No. 20348
[X] “If it'll make you happy and you're prepared this time, we could try a 'proper' kiss. To be fair to you.”

J-just to be fair! I-it's not like I want to kiss you again or anything!
>>No. 20349
>“...that's unfair,” She mutters in a daze. You smile. “You can't just do that. That's twice now, and on the moon doing it twice means...” She pulls back from you, putting some more distance in. Her face is flush, and not just because she's been crying.

Kaguya cannot grasp the true nature of Shirou's attack!

[x] “If it'll make you happy and you're prepared this time, we could try a 'proper' kiss. To be fair to you.”

Flirting with Kaguya is always relevant.
>>No. 20352
[X] “If it'll make you happy and you're prepared this time, we could try a 'proper' kiss. To be fair to you.”
>>No. 20356
[x] “If it'll make you happy and you're prepared this time, we could try a 'proper' kiss. To be fair to you.”
>>No. 20362
[x] “If it'll make you happy and you're prepared this time, we could try a 'proper' kiss. To be fair to you.”

>Kaguya cannot grasp the true nature of Shirou's attack!

I laughed
>>No. 20364
[X] “If it'll make you happy and you're prepared this time, we could try a 'proper' kiss. To be fair to you.”
Riiiiiiiiight
>>No. 20367
Hey guys, I know I said faster updates and all, but we've run headfirst into the usual brick wall. Now I know that I haven't written for a while, and there's n+1 other reasons out there for this, but faster votes would be nice. Check more than once a day, that'd be enough. Again, some of you clearly do, but it's a general thing. Maybe remind a buddy while you're at it. I expected a slow start again, so I'm not shocked. The bottom line is though: if you want more than 1 update per day (I know that I do), it requires more activity. It's a symbiotic cycle. Besides, sleeping the hours away for a single vote or two makes me cranky. And not even my bottle and favorite crayons can uncrankify me then (it takes a whole lotta lunarian and bunny ass).

On more serious notes: I am sorely disappointed in you. I thought I was being clever with a cute and obvious reference, but apparently I was too clever! None of you seemed to connect the dots. One more strike and no more naked volleyball with the bunnies. I really mean it this time anonymous. Don't think I won't go there!

On a completely silly, and non-consequential, note: There should be an update sometime soon. It may arrive faster if I can keep up a steady influx of delicious Lunarians.
>>No. 20369
File 127105280989.jpg - (54.07KB, 800x800, 6f3aa730d5051c52cf867f82fc20839e.jpg) [iqdb]
20369
>>20367

>One more strike and no more naked volleyball with the bunnies.
>>No. 20370
>>20367

Alright, kind of guilty of this, I saw the way that all but one of the votes were the same, decided it was all but called, and didn't bother to vote. Not much I can say other than 'my bad', which isn't an excuse, but I'll try to be better at this from now on. I doubt I do it with just this story, and it would probably be a good idea to break this habit, if it is a habit.

Also, you now have me very curious as to what reference I may have missed. Rereading after this vote...

[x] “If it'll make you happy and you're prepared this time, we could try a 'proper' kiss. To be fair to you.”
>>No. 20371
File 127105507875.jpg - (1.48MB, 1400x1400, 1d23d3382345b61df748356893c7824b.jpg) [iqdb]
20371
>One more strike and no more naked volleyball with the bunnies.
what
>>No. 20372
>>20370

Herp derp, make that all votes the same. Somehow mistook one being a vote for a different option.
>>No. 20373
You put on the kindest smile you can. It hopefully hides both your feelings of longing and anxiety, as well as wish to have the upper hand.

“I was just thinking...”
“...” Her acidic glare tells you she's doubting that claim.
“...If it'll make you happy and you're prepared this time, we could try a 'proper' kiss. To be fair to you.”
“...”
“Well?” You keep the most virtuous look you know on, something borrowed from a fresco of St. Something or the Other that you saw in a textbook once. “I'll do anything for you.”
“Pass.” She says simply. She looks away and begins to walk away slowly.
“Didn't you want to try to do it properly?” You follow, keeping your distance.
“What gave you that impression? “ She says coldly.
“Well, it's just that you said that I didn't do it properly so...”
“Things weren't... said and I didn't...”
“Eh?”
“Forget I said anything. I'm going to bed and I don't want to hear any more of this, ok?”
“Oh come on Kaguya...”
“Goodnight Shirou.”

She goes into a room and closes the door behind her. You're left alone outside.

It seems to you that she's not nearly as upset as she tries to make herself seem to be. Well, at least with issues pertaining to you and your indiscretions. It's a gut feeling, and an ambiguous one at that, but it somehow feels like it's the truth. You feel that you know her well enough to make that claim. At the very least it's what you desperately want to believe.

You go back outside and sit on the porch. The energy burst from earlier is still keeping you from totally shutting down, but it probably won't last long. You think about the last day or so. The first kiss, the awkward talking afterwards, the trail here, your collapse, and the talk and kiss just now. By anyone's standards it seems that things are moving fast. You yourself tried to never think of your buddy in this way, but here you are, thinking about her natural charm and grace and wishing to lose yourself in her silky hair and warm embrace.

You need a cold shower.

Maybe a freezing cold waterfall to stand under.

Through biology's wonderful imperative, your mental excitement has manifested physically. Your feelings for Kaguya go way beyond that, that much you know, but it hasn't been easy living in Eientei all this time and being practically the only male around. Eirin exploited your physiology to do as she pleased with you, and you didn't mind some of her more roundabout releases. It kept you from doing something stupid, like jumping on a poor friend or pleasuring yourself into a coma.

But with the declarations of your feelings (as incomplete as it may have been so far) it's like it's suddenly okay to open the tap. All which was more or less repressed is okay to acknowledge because you can admit what you want now. The stream of water coming from the tap is your flowing desire and as long as it ends up in the right place it's served its purpose.

You sigh.

You're rationalizing something which isn't as rational as you'd like it to be. Truth is that you would like to kiss her passionately and do much more with her. What you feel is powerful but definitely isn't the primary cause of attraction to her. Your heart may have skipped a beat as you suggested a proper kiss earlier, but you're alright with her taking some time. If she were you, she'd probably be confused right about now.

It's a shame that no higher power can read and sort through your jumbled thoughts. Some perspective would be nice.

You go for a drink of water, but spill the contents of your bottle on the ground. You curse your luck and go fetch some more. It's odd, and it may have just been the darkness of night, but the water you spilled didn't look clear as it seeped into the ground. It looked a bit... well not clear and fizzy. But you're sure it tasted like water, since you had some earlier that evening. Your tired mind tells you to shut up and just get more water..

It's not much later that you decide to hit the hay yourself. You feel like a bag of rocks and quickly drift off into a deep sleep.

A deep sleep that lasts at best an hour or three.

It's past midnight and you can't sleep. Going outside to the porch only serves to wake you up even more. You curse your biological clock and look for anything to distract you.

Turns out that you're not the only one who can't sleep. An adorable bunny is watching you from a distance. Knowing that you've spotted it, it casually hops up to you. You have a one-sided conversation with it as you stroke its ears.

“I suppose that I know you, right? I'm sorry, but most of you guys look alike. Except for the ones that look like humans. I get the feeling that those guys avoid me though. Tewi could probably explain why, but I don't really care that much.” The rabbit sniffles a bit, probably its way of telling you yes. “You being here means that Eientei knows we're here. Or at the very least Tewi does. I wonder how long it'll take Eirin to get to us, if she's trying to that is. Got any recommendations where we could go that you wouldn't follow? ...that's right, didn't think you did.” You smile at the red-eyed critter and rub the area where its long ears meet its head. It enjoys that. “Got any advice then? Not about running, but about dealing with her? I mean, I suppose you've been watching. So you know what's going on. Ah well, you probably would tell me something like 'make a big burrow to impress her' anyways.”

It certainly doesn't deny it.

“Little guy, are you alright out there by yourself? I mean I'm told that youkai are nasty. Probably eat you if they see you. If you want you can spend the night inside.”

It seems to thank you in its silent bunny way and hops causally inside, leaving you alone. You've done a good deed, probably one that cancels out a lesser idiotic one in the grand scale of things.

The rest of the night you spend on the porch, thinking way too much. It's only at daybreak that you call it quits and busy your idle hands with the task of making breakfast.

You great your buddy with a smile when she finally emerges from her room.

“Breakfast is ready. Sleep well?”
“Oh... thank you.” She looks at you strangely, like she'd not sure how she's supposed to act. “Say, you haven't by any chance seen or taken anything from my luggage, have you?”
“Nope. Why, is something missing?”
“Ah no, it's nothing.” She's evasive. It confounds you. “I'll eat later, I need to find something.”
“Need help?”
No.”

It's a strong refusal, one that leaves you scratching your head.

You think about what you're missing. Something she said last night, something that would make things proper.

You hear a disapproving 'mmn!' of frustration coming from somewhere else. Undoubtedly Kaguya. She turned down your help, but it's obvious that she's not having much luck finding whatever it is.

[] Let Kaguya have her privacy
[] Look around anyways

----
>>20370
Quantity is nice, but any sort of feedback for any reason is welcome as well. Though I was saying something else.

And about the thing, it's not that big a deal but I expected someone to pick up on it. I can understand that on average people don't point these out (even though they're all over the place), but this one is the kind of one that gets the source material posted and a comment.
>>No. 20374
>“Pass.” She says simply. She looks away and begins to walk away slowly.
You evil evil man.

[x] Let Kaguya have her privacy

She is already pissed, imagine if you find her sexy underwear that she packed and sees you with it. Oh hell, what did we mess up again last night. Was she expecting to talk about her feelings or something?
I don't know.
>>No. 20375
[x] Let Kaguya have her privacy


Let's not make it worse, and I don't see any advantage in the other choice.
>>No. 20376
So unless I'm mistaken, it seems likely that rabbit stole whatever was inside Kaguya's luggage. Of course, we still have no idea what that thing happens to be, only that Kaguya really, really doesn't want Shirou to see it.

Which is exactly why I'm voting to look for it. A very dumb idea, probably, but I really want to know what it is.

[x] Look around anyways
>>No. 20377
[X] Look around anyways

And then we spot the bunny nibbling on Kaguya's lingerie.
Or wearing it.

I'm not yet sure which would be worse.

As for what happened, I'm not worrying about it. It was probably expecting a bit much to think she'd be all for smooching again, but the only other option that seems like it would have gone anywhere good was the "reply on how you feel". And, seeing how unclear she was already being, I'm not sure that would have really gone anywhere, either.

As for this update, there's something slightly more troubling than the prospect of Kaguya getting pissed off over Shirou finding her unmentionables.

>>You go for a drink of water, but spill the contents of your bottle on the ground. You curse your luck and go fetch some more. It's odd, and it may have just been the darkness of night, but the water you spilled didn't look clear as it seeped into the ground. It looked a bit... well not clear and fizzy. But you're sure it tasted like water, since you had some earlier that evening.

To be more precise:
>>“Here you are.” She hands you a canteen, your canteen.
>>“Ah thanks.” You take it with gratitude, undoing the top to take a swig of water.
>>There's a little mystery here though, “When did you get this, I mean it was in the rucksack last I saw.”
>>“You were working hard. I figured I would do you a favor.”
>>“Mm.” You drink some more water, replenishing the fluids you've lost through perspiration.
>>The rucksack was near you at all times, in a spot where you could keep it safe from vermin. Either you really got into cleaning and didn't notice her even getting up and walking right up to you or it was gone before that. Those are the likeliest explanations but you realize that you're making a big deal out of a nice gesture.

Suspicious, no?
Even more so, when you consider that later that evening is when Shirou appeared to fall a little ill.
At the risk of heading into tin-foil-hat crackpot theory territory, there is also this little detail:
>>You don't know how you know, but you feel like your liver is swollen to twice its size.

Unknown liquid provided by Kaguya. Taste and odor appear indistinguishable from water. Following consumption, Shirou apparently falls ill and passes out. After that, he feels swelling in his liver.

Until now, Kaguya has shown nothing but care and concern for Shirou's life and well-being, willing to risk even their friendship to send him home if it kept him safe. A change in that position seems unlikely at this point, which means that if she has indeed given Shirou something other than water to drink, her intentions are not sinister.

Now, here is where the crazy comes in.
What if she's trying to do something to help ensure Shirou's survival? What if, having failed to ensure he won't die by sending him home, she's decided to try to ensure he somehow can't die?

Do you think it's just a coincidence that she brought up and explained her immortality when she did?

>>No. 20378
>>20377
Jesus fucking christ. This makes too much sense. Maybe that's why she is acting so strange most of the time. She really changes her mood at random and is hard too look through or to make sense.
>>No. 20379
[x] Let Kaguya have her privacy

>>20377
>theory behind Kaguya's behavior and implications behind them.

god damn you now it's going to haunt me for all eternity until I find out the truth.
>>No. 20381
>>20377

Two of those sentences do seem weird especially when put next to each other. Shirou wouldn't know what the Hourai elixir looks like so Kaguya really wouldn't need to go through the trouble. I doubt Eirin is going to deny Kaguya anything so making some more wouldn't be a problem.

[x] Let Kaguya have her privacy

I don't trust Shirou enough to be stealthy.
>>No. 20382
[x] Let Kaguya have her privacy

Things we'll only get worse if we find it before her. Maybe the rabbit's using them as a bed...
>>No. 20384
>“Well?” You keep the most virtuous look you know on, something borrowed from a fresco of St. Something or the Other that you saw in a textbook once. “I'll do anything for you.”
>“Pass.” She says simply. She looks away and begins to walk away slowly.

"I'll kill for you Kaguya. Please let me kill for you."

[x] Let Kaguya have her privacy
>>No. 20389
[x] "...a rabbit did come in earlier"
Thief! Give back what you stole... OR PAY WITH YOUR BLOOD
>>No. 20390
You entertain yourself with counting the floorboards while Kaguya searches for whatever. The concept is more exciting than you initially gave it credit for – which means it's about as fun as shotgunning a bottle of bleach instead of merely having it administered intravenously. It physically hurts to spend your time like this. So you find other ways to pass the time.

There's a weird discoloration on your lower abdomen that you notice as you change. It's like a mix between a beauty spot and a regular blemish, but it doesn't hurt when you poke it. You get the feeling that if you showed it to Eirin she'd tell you in a most civilized way to 'man up'. And you wouldn't blame her either. You likely just hit yourself somewhere – it'd account for the slight swelling as well.

There's the sound of an empty bottle being rattled along with a gasp. You perk your ears up, hoping to hear any other sounds.

But there's nothing else.

It's completely quiet in the farmstead for a good quarter hour when Kaguya shows up again. The way she carries about is almost comical. On the one hand, she tries to act casual and eat her breakfast but on the other she steals furtive glances at you. These peeks are then followed by a miniature sigh of unease – each sigh is both inaudible and virtually imperceptible, only by the small scale movements of her lips wizen you to the fact that she's sighing.

“Found what you're looking for?” You ask, about to kill yourself for even thinking of counting the floorboards again.
“Yes.”
“Ah, good.”
“Aren't you going to ask where I found it?”
“Should I?”
“Yes, when that place happens to be where you slept last night.”
“Oh.”
“Geez Shirou, what were you thinking, lying to me like that. I mean, I would have told you about it eventually...” she forgets to add a 'maybe', “... but going through my things is a little too much.”
“I'm sorry, but it wasn't me. Really. I barely slept at all last night.”
“Of all the things you could have taken, you took that.” She reddens. “It's like you knew about it already and-”
“I didn't spend even half the night in my room.”
“Don't lie, this is serious and it's in your own interest to come clean. We need to get you help if you went through it all...” She makes it sound like you're addicted to something she had.
“I slept a few hours and then spent the rest of the night on the porch. There was a rabbit that probably slept in my room though.”

A strange and whimsical creature like the highly pettable Eientei rabbit is a perfect comedic device for your standard sitcom. Boy is with girl, there's quite a bit of tension between them, rabbit hops along, steals something, causes misunderstanding. It's comedy gold (and fresh enough for a 13-episode first season). Knowing your buddy, you already know the effect that your words will have on her. There'll be no 15 minutes of additional misunderstandings and filler to wrap up the episode.

“Was it... you know?” She asks with some dread.
“Yes it was. It looked cold, so I let it in.”
“We should get going then.” In an instant, she's a woman transformed. She gathers up her things in record time and urges you to do the same, “Put everything away quickly.”

The last thing she puts away is a small glass container, shutting her suitcase firmly afterwards.

She urges you on. You walk, whipped into step, for the longest time. It's only when the farmstead is out of sight behind a hill that she lets up.

“Where are we going?” You ask, “And why in such a hurry?”
“Isn't it obvious? They know where we are.”
“Yeah, they've probably known for a while now. So?”
So? Didn't you want to have some alone time without all of them? That's not really possible if they're liable to show up at any instant.”
“Kaguya... you're panicking,” You say with surprise. Until now it had seemed like she was along for the ride, not really caring whether you went back or not.
“One of us should be.”

You smile. And remember your lie of a promise from last night. And you're half tempted to prove it's a lie right there and then with another kiss. But there's something about a slightly out of breath Kaguya looking over her shoulder that holds you back. The smile turns into a grin.

“So where to chief?”
“What did you have planned for today?” She asks.
“Somewhere where I could do my laundry would be nice.” The rucksack may be spacious, but you don't have much in the way of clothes. You don't want to get close to Kaguya just to have her turn her head in disgust from your overpowering musk.
“Whatever we do, we should be extra careful moving around. Make it hard for them to find us.”

[] Follow the roads to get as far away as you can
[] Find shelter in the village
[] Do something unexpected and go back to the shrine

-
>>20377
You see, this is the 'attentive' thing I was going on about exemplified (splashed with a healthy amount of paranoia to boot). May as well be generous and share something: Those two choices presented somewhat different faces of the same coin. In the sense that whatever the alternative chosen it would serve to establish something within the scene. What wasn't seen is as imporant as what was seen and it might help you to think of the middle ground.

...that sounds a bit too cryptic when it's not supposed to be. I blame my messed up sleeping patterns.
>>No. 20391
>>20390
Fuck! im SCARED SHITLESS now!
and no, i never got it, this or anything really, im not (currently) that smart.
anyhow, congrats gentlemen, i think we're on good course.
[X] Follow the roads to get as far away as you can
basically because i expect to find something nice, eventually, whereas going back to the shrine probably implies getting found, and the village is full of people.
>>No. 20394
I'm going to assume that, regardless of the option, the two will exercise an appropriate level of caution.
That said, this is still a tricky call. They now know where we were, and knowing that we know they found us, now all they really have to do is anticipate where we would go from there.

So, what would be the most likely thing they would expect us to do? Simply try to find a new place to set up camp? Return to somewhere we've already been, in hopes they would assume we wouldn't return? Or go to the absolutely last place they or anyone would choose to go if they were trying to avoid being seen by anybody?
...well, assuming there aren't other reasons why Kaguya wouldn't want to go to the village.

Eh, what the hell.
[X] Find shelter in the village


>>weird discoloration on your lower abdomen
>>There's the sound of an empty bottle being rattled along with a gasp.
>>“Geez Shirou, what were you thinking, lying to me like that. I mean, I would have told you about it eventually...” she forgets to add a 'maybe
>>“Of all the things you could have taken, you took that.” She reddens. “It's like you knew about it already and-”
>>“Don't lie, this is serious and it's in your own interest to come clean. We need to get you help if you went through it all...” She makes it sound like you're addicted to something she had.
>>The last thing she puts away is a small glass container, shutting her suitcase firmly afterwards.

So what was taken from Kaguya's luggage was that bottle/container, which she seems somewhat surprised to discover was empty.
Also, whatever it was is apparently bad for Shirou, if he consumed all of it.
...yet it's possibly something he would want to consume, assuming he knew what it actually was.

Curiouser and curiouser...
>>No. 20395
[x] Follow the roads to get as far away as you can

Perhaps it is too soon, but I'm hoping to go where no mortals should be as a way to test the previously mentioned theory. At the very least it should shake off any potential bunny spies tailing the two (I hope).
>>No. 20397
[x] Find shelter in the village

I can just imagine a rabbit Mr. Hydeing on super moon drugs at Eientei. We're going to eventually go back and it will be completely trashed.
>>No. 20400
[x] Do something unexpected and go back to the shrine
>>No. 20402
[x] Follow the roads to get as far away as you can
>What wasn't seen is as imporant as what was seen and it might help you to think of the middle ground.
No way, it couldn't be. Well, at least it all REALLY makes sense now.
>>No. 20403
[x] Follow the roads to get as far away as you can....

... and end up lost in Yukari's house.
>>No. 20404
[x] Follow the roads to get as far away as you can.

Hurry!
>>No. 20405
I'm sorry, I don't know if I'll be updating soon or not. I was free in the time I was waiting for votes, but as fate would have a host of personal problems cropped up. I'm free again now, but I'm not really thinking straight. So again, I apologize. Maybe it'll do me good to distract myself with writing, but right now I don't feel like doing anything.
>>No. 20406
[X] Find shelter in the village

I think hiding in the least expected place is pretty cool, eh it's full of people and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>No. 20407
People voting for the Village do remember that Kaguya said she didn't want to go there, right?
>>No. 20408
>>20407

It is also probably the best place to hide. Randomly following a road might end up bad depending on who we meet.
>>No. 20409
>>20408
But something surprising good may come out of it.
>>No. 20410
>>20409

That's true. Teruyo might want to punish us for being naughty anons, though. I'd rather take the safe route.
>>No. 20411
[x] Follow the roads to get as far away as you can.
Ran awayyy so far so far awayyyy
>>No. 20417
[X] Follow the roads to get as far away as you can.

And I ran, I ran so far away,
I just ran, I ran all night and day...
Couldn't get away.
>>No. 20420
The eastern part of Gensokyo is comprised of much untamed landscape. What sets it apart from the lush and impenetrable forests of the west or the imposing mountains of the north are the rolling hills. These hills are covered in grass and the occasional tree, giving a feeling of uninterrupted sameness. Here and there bushes and the odd wild animal will break up the monotony, but it's otherwise as uniform as uniform can be.

The path you decided upon snaked through the elevation, weaving through hill and depression.

Despite the advent and advancement of fall, most of the plant life is still a vibrant verdant. Some grass is burnt into a golden yellow by the strong sun; It's as if it's the height of summer. The cloudless day adds to the feeling of summer being all around you, the merciless sun causing you to break a sweat. There's not a soul around, and a steady and refreshing breeze blows from the lake further inland.

You haven't spoken much with Kaguya. The journey has been a silent sort of march through the midlands. The few times you've spoken has been during breaks, in between sips of cool canteen water. The subject is pretty much predefined; The lack of pursuers is all that she seems to care about. It's just as well, because you feel as tired as a weather-beaten mule. Most of your mental focus has been on keeping a sure footing along the dirt road, being mindful of not tripping on rocks and loose debris.

Lunchtime brings a small change into the routine.

It's on top of a large hill with a large tree on top that you sit down to rest.. From the vantage point you can see the winding path you took all morning and, as a green speck in the distance, the bamboo forest. The lake is in your immediate front and mountains stand tall to your right. You're not very high up, like you would be in the mountains, but this hill is the local highpoint. From the top of the tree you bet that you could see the opposite shore of the lake on a clear day like this.

“Sorry, we don't have much,” You apologize to Kaguya. There's not much besides canned foods in your rucksack, certainly nothing fit for a princess. It would be a good idea to stock up some time soon. You could stretch supplies out for a while more, but that's just bad culinary sense. It's a matter of pride.

The meal is a silent one, with the gentle breeze occasionally whispering between blades of grass or rocks. A layer of dust and grime covers your clothes, your shoes in particular are caked with dirt from the road. Conveniences like automobiles and trains are things that most people take for granted; After spending the last few days walking everywhere, you have a newfound respect for even the humblest modes of travel – like bicycles.

These gentle slopes and agreeable vistas would make for rather good bike riding. You picture yourself on a bike with Kaguya holding onto you. She'd hold tight, her arms wrapped around you as you pedal. Her long hair would flutter behind her, like a fine pennant, while her magical scent would be carried by the breeze. Even as miserable as your role would be, you couldn't see yourself ever complaining. You'd get around faster and you'd be able to laugh and smile while riding around in your little world built for two.

“What are you so happy about?” Your happy expression catches the attention of your then silent buddy. She looks at your tin with some suspicion, as if something in your food were causing you to smile.
“Just thinking about us. And bikes.”
“No doubt something inappropriate,” She scowls, but you detect a hint of good humor.
“You know that I wouldn't dream of doing anything inappropriate with you. I mean, what would the bunnies think?” You tease.
“They've no doubt got more important things in life than worrying about what we do together. Or don't do together.”
“Given that we're followed around, I wouldn't put it past them to think about us if only occasionally.”
“Hm. It doesn't look like they're following us around now.”
“It didn't look that way before either.”
“True. I wonder... why?”
“Why what?”
“This is just a bit queer, don't you think?”
“How so?”
“Think about it: If they were tracking us down, wouldn't they stop us from going elsewhere?”
“I don't know.” You think about it. “I think that Eirin is the kind of person that would call out my childish plan and make me feel bad about it.” That was definitely true, you thought. She wouldn't be coarse about it, but she might include a backhanded comment or two about your judgment and childish impulses. Then she'd make you bend over and take your punishment. That's something that creates an emotionally conflictive mental image. Luckily Kaguya is there to dispel it.
“...Eirin isn't as inflexible as that.” That first sentence doesn't actually help to dismiss your fantasy scenario, the next one helps, “There's probably a reason for all this. Eirin probably just trusts me not to get into trouble.”

That trust would trump any suspicion she had of you. You're not too keen on that theory. But Kaguya has known her for a long time, and her face beams when she speaks of Eirin's trustworthiness and noble character. So it's a good enough explanation for you, you decide.

Though the subject is dropped there, there's another explanation for the rabbit followers: Tewi. Specifically, she's being helpful in her own way. Making sure nothing happens. In her own way, she's also a noble character. It does occur to you that she may have an ulterior motive, but you fail to think of one. So it's all good.

“It was a terrible idea to come up this way.” Kaguya chimes in after finished the meal. You're both lying back under the shade. It's relaxing and tempts you to take a nap. Kaguya points out a practical problem with your decision, “Where are we going to sleep? I don't see any sort of buildings up this way.”

“Under the moon and stars?” You offer with a shrug. “We've got something like a tent in here,” You point to the (now lighter) rucksack.
“That doesn't seem very wise.”
“Afraid of youkai?” You joke, risking poking her on the side.
“That's a big concern. Though I have to say that I prefer four solid walls and a roof to tents...” She doesn't sound like a fan of proper camping. It's not a surprise. But it seems like she's straining herself to accept the idea.
“I'll protect you from any foul misbegotten fiends, milady. My trusted steed is gone and my blade missing, but my wits and furious fists shall keep us from harm.”
“Those sound like horrendously cheesy last words.” She allows herself a small laugh.
“I am wounded to the quick.”

With an unexpected push, Kaguya rolls you down the hill. A few meters downwards anyways. You let out a surprised yell as you stop yourself.

“What was that for?” You look up to see a giggling Kaguya.
“You're hopeless.”
“And you're unfair!” You scramble back up with clear intent.
“What do you think you're doing?”
“Spreading the fun.” With a quick tug, you make Kaguya roll down with you.
“You idiot!” She calls you names, but as the world spins around your you see that she's smiling. Both long and short blades of grass whiz by your spinning vision.

The slope isn't very steep so you come to rest somewhere close to the tree. The massive branches and foliage still cover the sky. You fall into place side by side, looking upwards at the evergreen filter.

“It felt like lunch was making an effort to come back up,” Kaguya comments with a laugh.
“Same here, who would have thought that canned food would have a will of its own?”
“This is silly.”
“Canned food is serious business, which is why some people stockpile and-”
“No, I mean us. Being here, in the middle of nowhere.”
“This is sort of what I wanted. I mean, there's no one here but us. Nothing to worry about.”
“Except where to sleep.”
“Yeah.”

She surprises you by turning over and placing her head on your chest.

“It is peaceful here, I'll give you that.”
“So was this trip worth it?” You ask.
“Hmm, it depends.”
“Depends?”
“Yes. On how it ends.”

You want to ask 'not when?' but feel that it's a stupid question. Deep down the both of you know the answer to that question already. It's better to focus on the present. And how it'll end, like she's pointing out.

“How do you want it to end?” You look at her hair and fine it's still as shiny and silky as ever. It's as dust and dirt avoid it altogether.
“I don't really know anymore.”
“Any hints then?”
“None whatsoever.” She takes a deep breath and slackens up as she exhales. The grass under you tickles your back as much her breathing on your chest.

A sense of urgency ebbs in the back of your mind. Its recession allows for other feelings to occupy its space.

“Say, Shirou?”
“Yes?”
“No, it's nothing.” Kaguya closes her eyes as if thinking 'this is too nice to upset' and immerses herself in the moment. You too feel that it has a magical sort of quality to it. A quality that lends itself to letting things be known.

[] Fall asleep in the shade
[] Write in
-
You have an out, but there's probably a lot that can be brought up. Including very simple and very direct words and actions. Hopefully this won't equate into a 'you lost me' with you.
>>No. 20421
[x] Fall asleep in the shade
...sorry.
>>No. 20422
[X] Ask if there is any shop that would sell us objects from outside.
[X] Go buy a bike.

Riding around Gensokyo with Kaguya clinging to us is too good to pass up. The first part is there because I don't think we know about Kourindou this playthrough. Awesome update by the way. Hill rollan gaems.
>>No. 20423
[X] Ask if there is any shop that would sell us objects from outside.
-[X] Go buy a bike.

>Riding around Gensokyo with Kaguya clinging to us is too good to pass up.

Maybe save it as the finale for their end trip should the bike idea work out?
>>No. 20424
>>20423
>>20422
>Unnecessary sidequest spurred on by sudden ADD and inability to READ THE MOOD

NO
>>No. 20425
>>20424

Write something then. I know it would be a good time to express our feelings but I can't come up with anything good. I still want to get a bike though.
>>No. 20428
File 127129888361.jpg - (28.16KB, 550x400, smooth ride.jpg) [iqdb]
20428
>>20422
>>20423
Better buy a mountain bike, as I doubt the paths are smooth. The only smooth ride will be as seen in the image.
>>No. 20429
>>I know it would be a good time to express our feelings but I can't come up with anything good.

>>but there's probably a lot that can be brought up. Including very simple and very direct words and actions.


[X] Hug her.
[X] Tell her you wuv love her.


Whether this succeeds or fails, at least it's better than asking for a bike. Yes, even that one you can do totally sweet jumps with.
>>No. 20430
>>20429

>Whether this succeeds or fails, at least it's better than asking for a bike.

Yeah I guess, I'll delete my vote the-

>Yes, even that one you can do totally sweet jumps with.

Let's not get hasty here.

[X] Hug her.
-[X] Tell her you wuv love her.
--[X] Bike time.
>>No. 20431
[X] Hug her.
[X] Tell her you wuv love her.
>>No. 20432
>>20423 here

amending to...

[X] Hug her.
-[X] Tell her you wuv love her.
--[X] Bike time.
>>No. 20433
[x] Hug her.
-[x] Tell her you love her.
--[x] fall asleep
>>No. 20435
>She surprises you by turning over and placing her head on your chest.
hmmmmmmm
>“Say, Shirou?”
She already gave enough hints, the mood is perfect and the writer said already what to do. WHY DO YOU WANT TO SUDDENLY GET A BIKE AND RUIN THE MOOD?

I wanted to write something like out of a romance novel, about how you wouldnt want this trip to end, the time with her is the best and you are glad that you are with her and so on. But whatever.

[x] Hug her.
-[x] Tell her you love her.
>>No. 20436
[x] Hug her.
-[x] Tell her you love her.

This is all that needs to be done.
>>No. 20437
[x] Hug her.
-[x] Tell her you love her.

This is how you read the mood. And Kaguya is love anyways.
>>No. 20438
[x] Hug her.
-[x] Tell her you love her.
>>No. 20440
We want to enjoy the moment, yes?
[X] Hug her.
-[X] Tell her you love her.
--[X] Fall asleep

i'm sure we can get a bike later
>>No. 20441
[X] Hug her.
-[X] Tell her you love her.

this~!
>>No. 20442
File 127134219243.jpg - (184.47KB, 725x1024, toys.jpg) [iqdb]
20442
“This is nice.” You mumble to yourself as you feel the fickle breeze wash over you. Blades of grass sway in the wind, and some bend as if to tickle you further. Kaguya's weight presses mainly on your chest and drapes off to your left side somewhere along your thighs. You reach over with your free arm and hold her, pressing your bodies up even closer.

“This is nice,” Kaguya mutters in agreement. Her voice has a half-sleepy quality to it. Once again, in spite of your past misdeeds, she seems to be at ease with you. Her unguarded ways stir something strong within you, something which ties with your initial reasoning for this escapade. With her head perched on your chest, she remarks, “I can hear your heart beating. It's relaxing.”

It's that kind of seemingly innocent comment that puts you on the spot. On cue, your heart beings to pound louder and you fear what Kaguya will think. It's a silly fear, of course, but you're afraid of anything that could ruin this moment. That includes your little runaway fantasies and impulses.

“I love you.” Those three words come out. It's like an old and expected friend showing up to dinner, it's such a warm and exciting feeling put into words. Of course the words were directed at Kaguya and, in a way that only you can manage, you direct them solely at her. Even if the hilltop had been full of people and full of noise, you'd have managed to transmit with clarity and force those magic words.

“I really love you Kaguya,” You say it again, this time more of a secretive whisper as you hold her close. You feel her soft breath warmly tickling your chest as she inhales and exhales, its rhythm a slow and steady thing.

You know what kind of woman she is and patiently await a reply. Truth be told, you'd be happy even without one. You'd be happy just holding her under the cool shade on this warm day for as long as you can. You can hear your own heart now, rhythmic but excited thumps coming from somewhere in your throat it feels. It's a noise that knows no rationality and would sooner extinguish itself after a frantic frenzy than return to a dull thumping.

Kaguya's arms seek space as they glide across your front and clear onto the other side. Her long and delicate fingers dangle off your sides, occasionally grazing your ribs. In a quiet and gentle voice she says, “I believe you.”

There's a dull pain in your side as she digs her nails into your flesh. She shivers, her face occulted by the cascade of hair. She stops her fingers soon after, but you can still feel where they pried into you for a while yet.

“I know all too well.”

Though she doesn't saying else, you still feel good. She's holding you in a much more relaxed fashion than you are holding her, but her warm touch invigorates your soul. You stare up at the leafy canopy, observing how slits of light penetrate here and there, and smile. It's with Kaguya's form resting on you that you drift off into a happy sleep. It's as if you haven't got a care in the world.

“That ought to be enough.”

A stinging feeling on your cheeks wakes you up.

“Good morning, rather, afternoon. Slept well? It sure looks like you did.”

You look around in a sleepy stupor. It's still day from what you see and you're still on the hill. You sit up, slowly remembering that there was supposed to be someone lying on you. “Where's Kaguya?”

“Nearby. Get up now, we can't be waiting on you all day.”
“Waiting on me for what?” You yawn, then rub your eyes. “It just Kaguya and I out here. We'll get going soon.”
“Yes, back.”
“'Back'?” You realize who you're talking to. Lightheaded from being woken up so suddenly, you look around until you find the legs that you were looking for. Legs that are connected to other body parts, covered by a red-blue checkered skirt with constellations embroidered that persist all the way to the tall Lunarian's neck. “What are you doing here?”
“Perhaps I should ask you the same thing,” Eirin smiles with frightful coolness, “It's been a long time, hasn't it Shirou?”
“Far too long.” You mumble, trying to make sense of the situation. You're on the hill, and Kaguya is there. So is Eirin, maybe other people too. It's the end of your journey as you know it. The 'when' you avoided defining earlier has been clearly written out.

You get up. Eirin offers a hand, but you refuse, wobbling to your feet on the slight incline. The lunarian looks at you with her cool stare, assessing your condition. You look at your surroundings, feeling that somehow you're maybe dreaming this up. No such luck, of course – you can feel the crisp breeze, the warm sunlight filtering through the leaves and a dull throbbing in your cheek.

“Delightfully nice up here,” Eirin observes with a hand holding her hat down against the breeze. She looks around, taking in the smallest of details, “Too bad this is quite far away. Couldn't possibly make it during a casual afternoon walk.”

“Why have you come for us?” You spot Kaguya sitting by the rucksack at the foot of the tree. She does not look amused. A trope of rabbits frolic around her, probably trying to make her smile. They love her trademark smile. Every creature on the face of this planet probably does. When she smiles, it's like she's smiling for you and you only.

“I think you know full well why I've come. You can't expect me not to worry about my comrade and beloved friend, now can you? You've had your fun, now it's time to go back and return things to normal.”
“Don't you think you should ask us what we think first?”
“Oh, but I am. The princess does want to go back, can't you tell?”

You look at Kaguya. She's not exactly what you'd call thrilled.

“It doesn't seem that way.”
“Don't be silly. We had a little chat while you carelessly slept away and reached a decision. We're all in agreement here.”
“I'm not sure I am.”
“That's too bad. We will be going back. Whether you want to or not, doesn't figure in.” She smiles, it sends a chill down your spine, “By all means you're free to stay out if you wish. You're not indebted to us in any way, not for anything we've done for you.”

“I'm not sure I appreciate the tone of voice you're using.” She sounds overtly hostile, something which you've only heard once before. You'd be in awe if not for certain feelings you have for Kaguya. Feelings which make a man an imbecile in face of certain doom “If I were to ask Kaguya, I'm not sure she'd agree that going back would be the best thing.”

“Oh, really now?” Eirin puts a hand on her hip, as if amused by your tone. She seems to ask 'what are you going to do about it?'. Though her smile and tone is the very model of cordiality, the eyes betray her seriousness – they're dangerous predatory eyes, ones that belong to someone who knows that she will get her way no matter what she has to do. “I believe we've had a talk about this in the past. Pardon for paraphrasing but I believe I said that if you did anything that hurt or could hurt the princess I'd see that you'd find your presence very unwelcome indeed. I do remember that your memory is functional.”

“I've done nothing that I need to be ashamed of. You can't bully me around.” How much you've grown a spine surprises her, let alone yourself. The atmosphere between you has quickly deteriorated, and it'd only take the snap of a finger for things to truly get intense. And very physical.

“Good for you...” Eirin mumbles off-handedly, perhaps genuinely impressed at your behavior. She takes her cap in a disarming gesture, playing with the brim in a friendly fashion. She speaks, “So then, are you coming with us or not? We're going to leave soon, before it gets dark.”

[] “Yes.” Undermine her covertly.
[] “No, and neither is Kaguya.”

---
>>20430
>>20422
If you're going to restate your vote, could you please point it out? I don't bother all the time to check or be logged in. Not knowing that sort of thing in these cases can lead to counting the same person twice when I'm tallying.

As a general (and optional) query for my readers: Is there anything in my writing that could use improvement? I'm aware that I'm not perfect, I miss stuff while proofreading, sometimes stuff is awkward, etc. But I'm asking about any constant and repeted mistakes/things that annoy you, inconsistences in style, that sort of thing. I try to do my best and sometimes try fresh things while I'm at but there's some things I can't improve if people don't point them out. Don't worry if you can't think of anything right now, this is an open question that you can answer whenever you feel like it.
>>No. 20443
[x] “No, and neither is Kaguya.”
-[x] “Not unless you consider her your prisioner rather than your friend. It's damn obvious that she doesn't really want to go, and when she does, she will do so in her terms”
Eirin and her talks. What does it matter if she goes physical anyway? She can force us (Why would she? she already said that we don't matter)but she sure as hell can't force Kaguya.
>>No. 20444
[X] “No, and neither is Kaguya.”

Which would be worse right now, being stubborn in the face of someone who could very well make life exceedingly unpleasant (for however long it may last), or surrendering your balls after finally finding them in that little display?

Besides, I'm not sure how good an idea it would be to try to undermine Eirin once she's back in her home turf, and if she's that determined to bring Kaguya it won't matter what you have to say either way.

Alternatively, if by some chance the reason Eirin and the bunny brigade appeared like they did was because Kaguya herself decided she wished to go back, once again it probably makes no difference what you have to say in the matter.

In either case, even if you can do nothing to change what is about to happen, the very least you can do is make your intent clear and stand by your convictions. After all, which kind of Shirou would Eirin frown more upon for trying to woo her princess? A stubborn fool who dares to defy her? Or a spineless coward who bends over at the slightest threat against him?

Besides, think back to all that training she put Shirou through. Assuming all of that hasn't simply gone out the window by now, which Shirou would she be more inclined to entrust with Kaguya's safety, happiness, and overall well-being? One who would stand resolute for himself and her, even in the face of unspeakable pain and suffering? Or the ball-less wonder who can't even stand up for himself, let alone the one he supposedly cares so much about?
>>No. 20445
[X] “No, and neither is Kaguya.”
[X] "Don't you realize that you place ridiculous amounts of stress on her every day? She may be a princess, but she's still a woman. Even she needs a break every once in a while. Personally, I think you need a break yourself.
[X] "You keep her confined in Eientei all the time, not letting her see the rest of this beautiful world that you live in. I can understand you're trying to protect her, but how you treat her is little different from how one would treat a prisoner."
[X] "As you can see, Kaguya was safe and sound in my care. She was even happy. GENUINELY happy, not having to keep her smile up for everyone around her. I believe you trained me for a reason: so that one day, when it came down to it, I'd be able to defend Kaguya. I didn't think that I'd have to defend her from the very person who supposedly knows her best."

Here's my shot at it.
>>No. 20446
>You'd be happy just holding her under the cool shade on this warm day for as long as you can.
That was a satisfying update... until Eirin came along.
>“Yes.” Undermine her covertly.
Why did i laugh.

[x] “No, and neither is Kaguya.”

And even if this is a bad end, which i doubt it will be, i won't vote for the coward option. Fight for your right to hug and kiss Kaguya.
I doubt that she would kill us, maybe needle time or some punishment, but we can try to work it out somehow.
At least this is what i want to believe, chances are she might change her mind and support us if we are convincing enough. At the very least try to stand up to her or we will see no headway with Kaguya.
>>No. 20447
[x] “No, and neither is Kaguya.”

Kaguya is worth facing certain death.
>>No. 20448
>>20446
I write shit when i am tired.

What i mean was that we have to show her how serious we are. Stare her right in the eyes and tell her NO. Without blinking do this for some time then just silently go over and grab Kaguya and whatever Eirin says or does you just walk away with her.
Words are not necessary, let your willpower and determination speak. I won't go so far to say that we can protect or take care of her ourself already but we have to move one step after the other to the goal.
>>No. 20449
[+] "No, and neither is Kaguya."
I suspect Happy Needle Fun Time soon.
>>No. 20450
[x] “No, and neither is Kaguya.”
>>No. 20451
“No, and neither is Kaguya.” Your voice is firm though your stomach is full of butterflies. It's only natural when acting tough with Eirin. The normally amiable doctor could intimidate the lord of the deepest hell if she really wanted to at just a moment's notice. “We're relaxing and we're happy. You suddenly showing up and bossing us around isn't going to work. We'll continue doing our thing, thank you very much.”

“Oh?” Eirin cocks an eyebrow provocatively, “And since when do you determine what the princess does or does not do?”
“You only need to take a look at her to realize that she doesn't want to go.”
“Is that a fact?” She may either be impressed with you bravado or simply toying with you. It's difficult to tell which is the case. Her words and eyes are as sharp as a blade but her tone and general body language has a disarming effect, She plays with you, making you come to hate your own words, “I think it might be best if you asked the princess just what exactly she wants to do no. Go on, I'll still be here if you want to talk more.”

The tall silver-haired woman waves you away and to the top of the hill. All things considered, she's being rather patient with you. If she really wanted to leave you behind like a discarded sock, you have no doubt she would have already done so. It's just the kind of woman she is. It's probably out of respect (for Kaguya you figure) that she's bothered to engage you this much.

Rabbits scatter as you walk up to Kaguya. Her expression is a bit dark and clouded, mirroring some of the doubt you feel inside. You ask what you have to ask, “Do you want to go back?”

“No – and yes.” She shows the smile of someone who has been thinking to the answer to that question for a long time. “Eirin is here and we should go, there's no other way about it.”
“We could always continue to wander around. I certainly don't mind.”
“And I only a little....”
“Then what's the problem?”
“We have to follow the paths we choose for ourselves, no matter how enchanted you are by a momentary distraction.”
“To me this trip has been more than a momentary distraction. Because I spent it with you.”

“That's sweet of you.” She smiles, face brightening up. She stands and gives you a good hard stare that covers head to toe, probably noting all the dirt that's accumulated on your clothes. She takes a step closer, coming within hands' reach of you, “Thank you very much for everything. Even if everything didn't work out as well as it should have, I enjoyed myself.”

Her next move comes as a surprise.

In but an instant – one that seemed much faster than the blink of an eye – she had taken action. Tiptoeing and leaning in to make up the height difference, she holds your head steady with an arm wrapped around the back of your neck. She's kissing you. She instigates the action and follows through, her sweat taste permeating on your lips. This happens so quickly and so unexpectedly that you don't even have time to close your eyes – you watch the spectacle with disbelieving eyes.

“Thank you,” She repeats herself as she gently pushes herself back and away from you. The feeling of her light breath tickling your nose persists. All in all, you'd say she looks happy, “Let's go back now, alright? We'll pick up where we left off some other time.”

You stare, stupefied, as she walks down the incline towards Eirin. The pharmacist was a witness to the exchange just then. From the distance you can see that her cold eyes laugh with a “I told you so” codified in the gaze. And yet, she's not the perfect example of composed arrogance that you would have expected. Something else shows through the cracks, likely the weight of the implications of what she just witnessed. You find yourself thinking that though she may be a woman of unparalleled intellect, she may not have the fullest of grips on emotion.

There's no reason for you to protest any further. You manage to return to Eientei in good order, arriving some time in the early evening. You are thankful to the rabbits that helped you carry some of your junk on the way back and promise them to treat them to a carrot sometime. They seem to appreciate the promise and look like they'll be around soon to come to collect. Not much talking was done while you walked... not much of anything actually. You can't actually remember walking all the way back now, instead one moment you were at the hill, the other you were already here.

It's a silly daze that continues well into bath time. Kaguya disappears somewhere with Eirin, leaving you to be the first one to take a bath. Scrubbing grime and caked dirt off of you is mechanical and boring. There's no real reason to think or to act any different than. You're as cool as a cucumber and take your sweet time reaching an optimal level of cleanliness.

“Have fun?” Your favorite bunny girl in pink asks as you come out of the bathroom. She was patiently waiting for you to finish up instead of barging in.
“Yes. Though you'd know that already.”
“What I might know doesn't really matter. I'm just wondering if all my preparation came in handy.”
“You mean the rucksack? It was great. I really owe you one.”
“That's good to hear.” You knew she didn't mean what most people would, “People nowadays often forget debts.”
“I won't forget. You were great.”
“Are you alright? I mean, I heard you were sick.”
“I'm fine. I just felt a bit lightheaded that's all.”
“Hm, that. Sorry to say that I don't know what she gave you.”
“Who gave me what?”
“Eirin, of course... but you already knew that, right? I mean you've spent more than enough time with her to know how she operates.”
“...why do I get the feeling that I don't want to know any more?”
“Because you're maturing. Understanding how the world works.” Tewi pats you on the back, “I'm so proud of you, kissing her like that.”
“Thanks dad.” You return the mischievous grin the small girl is sporting with something of a wry smile.
“Well, it's all the gossip here anyways. Bunnies lead very boring lives, so this sort of thing gets around quickly. Even Reisen was talking about it.”
“She was? That's hard to believe.”
“I suppose it is. Though in her case it was a little sad.... but enough of that! We're having a party, the boys and I set it up, and you're invited. It's to your honor, you know, for spicing things up here. We were pretty sick of the same old same old. That other moon rabbit exempt.”
“Is she still around?” It's been days since you last saw Silver. She's not someone who you'd think would stick around patiently.
“Eh, sorta. I'll fill you in over drinks. There's some other stuff you should know. Well, besides the fact that we came across a large cache of hard alcohol the other day, you wouldn't' believe where we found it too.”
“ I wanted to talk to Eirin about a couple of things though. Like what happens now. So I shouldn't get carried away.”
“It'll be fine. You only live once so it's no use sweating the small stuff.” Tewi drags you with quite some force down the hallways. The tiny girl never ceases to be full of surprises.

[] Catch up and party relax with Tewi before going to see Eirin
[] Take a small rest before going to see Eirin
>>No. 20452
[x] Catch up and party relax with Tewi before going to see Eirin
>>No. 20453
[] Catch up and party relax with Tewi before going to see Eirin
>>No. 20454
[x] Catch up and party relax with Tewi before going to see Eirin

Let's try to have some fun before we meet our doom.
>>No. 20455
[] Catch up and party as well as relax with Tewi before going to see Eirin.

>"we came across a large cache of hard alcohol the other day, you wouldn't' believe where we found it too.”

If a single Oni wails in Gensokyo and no one understands particularly why, would it matter to any one in Eientei?
>>No. 20456
>>[] Take a small rest before going to see Eirin
Random thought: chance this leads to an early encounter with either Reisen or Silver

[+] Catch up and party relax with Tewi before going to see Eirin
>>No. 20457
[X] Catch up and relax with Tewi before going to see Eirin
>>No. 20458
>>20456
ooooooh, interesting!
but i really want to hear what's been going on, instead of betting on what basically amounts to doing nothing.
[X] Catch up and relax with Tewi before going to see Eirin
>>No. 20459
[X] Catch up and relax with Tewi before going to see Eirin.

These past few updates have been golden. It's all I wanted in an Eientei story plus a bag of chips.
>>No. 20460
>I suppose it is. Though in her case it was a little sad
damn
[x] Catch up and party relax with Tewi before going to see Eirin
That worked out great, not like expected but great nonetheless
>>No. 20461
[x] Catch up and party relax with Tewi before going to see Eirin
Let's party and have fun because tomorrow we'll be dead!
>>No. 20462
[X] Catch up and party TAKE IT EASY relax with Tewi before going to see Eirin

Can't really turn down an invitation from the one who helped you so much, now can you?
>>No. 20463
Alcohol and rabbits do not mix well together.

That's not so much a well-thought conclusion as it is a casual observation of the current scene.

Somewhere deep in the bowels of the eternal manor, in one of the large and multipurpose rooms seemingly found behind every door, the rabbits feast. Food and drink is generously shared and excited little feet hop every which way. A massive host of rabbits frolic here and there, eating, chasing one another, and having fun. There's a sense of fun and excitement in the air that's infectious. You certainly feel like you've getting swept away by good times.

“Here, have another.” You're handed a cup full of hard liquor. You accept it with a smile, thanking the rabbit for his kindness. The rabbit nods shyly, blushing as well. He's not the first rabbit to act that way around you. It's weird coming from another guy, but you can sort of understand why.

You've had your suspicions for a while, but now you know for sure the truth about the bunnies at Eientei – namely, that they're carefree and lazy. There are more rabbits like Reisen or Tewi, most of them look like young girls or young boys, but they mostly keep to themselves. Tewi seems to be in charge of them. You've seen the way they all defer to her, she's their leader alright. If it weren't for her intervention, the rabbits would have not approached you, let alone have talked to you.

They're skittish around you, rather unlike the common rabbits. It may be due to your size, you think. You're not extremely tall or anything, but they're rather short. In fact. But then again, you're not really thinking too hard about them. You've had a couple of drinks; It feels like a few dozen to your head and stomach. You knew the moment they broke open the seal on some of the bottles and they hissed – not from the natural gas byproduct found in some kinds of alcohol but a real hiss, the kind an angry cougar would make before pouncing on unwary victims – that you were in for a ride. The drink has fought with your body from the moment it touched your lips. Its overbearing presence is unnatural. Hell, even in the cup you're holding right now, you feel the liquid sloshing slightly by itself.

“It'll be fine.” Tewi had said. She claimed that it was in a 'very auspicious place' and laughed away your theory of angry spirits being trapped in the bottles.

“So everything fine with you?” A surprisingly good hostess, Tewi has been checking up on you like clockwork. She told you about the last few days here, and how dead it seemed. With both you and Kaguya gone, the place had become something like a crypt you understand.

“Not sure,” It feels like you've had a few too many, “When I look at my drink, it kinda looks back at me. I dunno.”

“That bit again? There's an easy solution for that, you know. Drink it. And then there'll be nothing left to stare at you.
“...it'll still be staring at my soul,” You mutter under your breath.
“Socializing much? I've seen a couple of the guys come up and talk to you. Some of the girls too.” She tilted her head at the gaggle of floppy-eared bunny girls in the corner. They saw that you were looking and giggled, much to your consternation.
“Yeah, they've all been asking about... you know.”
“You can hardly blame them. This is the biggest thing to happen at Eientei since Reisen got roped into buying that automatic housework machine from the kappa And the fallout from that incident.. Besides this, unlike all of the other excitement here, had virtually no explosions.”
“I haven't said anything about it. It's rude to talk about that sort of thing, you understand. Kissing and telling isn't something I'm comfortable with.”
“But you are talking about it.” Tewi shoots a big ol' smile, “Even if didn't say a word, your grin is doing all the talking. I mean, even now, you're broadcasting that goofy-looking thing. People all the way in the village can see that thing clearly and know what it means.”

Tewi sits next to you, shooing away an amorous couple of regular rabbits who had lost all inhibition. She wraps an arm around your shoulder in a very 'guy talk' sort of way. It's like you're both salary men at a all-night beef bowl. You've both had a lot to drink and you're way past the whole tie-on-head stage.

“Take it from me, you're one lucky guy. And not just because you know me.” She pats your back with a grunt, “It's like you were born under a lucky sign, and I should know about those. I can't believe she likes you despite of everything.”
“My feelings for her are strong.”
“No doubt there's something there, though I'm not sure what. You both play cat and mouse so well.”
“I'm not sure myself... it's hard to tell but I think we're getting there.”
“We'll see. I've got a pool running. You're a great source of entertainment.”

Her statement is a little hard to believe given the staggering amounts of raw amusement that surrounds the rabbits. Taking a random sample from a group of rabbits to your left: Two are at their absolute limit and are trying to hold each other up in a futile and hilarious attempt to stay on their feet, one is trying to fit two glasses of alcohol in his mouth, so he can drink while he drinks, and yet another is wearing a shoe on her head as a hat – a horrible little number as well, it doesn't match her clothes nor white ears at all. The fact of the matter is that with all that amusement constantly coming from the rabbits, you would say that there's a lifetime of entertainment just waiting to be refined into little neat servings.

“Geez, it's nice to see that you really care about me.”
“Hey, if I didn't, there would be no pool.”
“That makes me feel so much better.” You sigh.
“Cheer up. Things will sort themselves out between her and you. I mean, things are going nicely with Kaguya as well. You dog, you.”
“Eh, I'm not sure I follow. Weren't we talking about-”
“Who did you think we were talking about?” She asks, smiling impishly. “Shouldn't it have been obvious.”
“Oh, forget you. I've had too much to drink. I'm not going to play this game right now.”
“Right, right. Make sure you finish that thing, ok? It was an agony to get.”
“Yes'm.”

Tewi leaves you with a spring in her step, light giggling trailing behind her. She knows how to mess with you, and what's more, she takes delight in doing it. Bless her heart. You think it means that she really does care.

The ambient noise level is too much for you. Who would have thought that a room full of the fluffy bastards would be like an airplane at takeoff? You leave your drink half drunk, and you ignore it's taunting yells as you leave. As you stagger out a few of the bunny girls make eyes at you; You've no doubt that all of their inhibitions have been completely blown away. The party has expanded to the surrounding corridors now and you have to deftly navigate your way out of the catastrophe zone.

Alcohol and rabbits don't mix well at all.

“Have you been drinking?” Those are the first words that Eirin directs at you. She as eagle-eyed (or maybe just shark-nosed?) as always.
“Have you?”

“...sorry.” You shake your head, “that sounded a whole world more amusing in my head.”
“Not surprising,” She sighs, “Here, have some water.” You're given a water-filled paper cup.
“Thank you. I think I need to sit for a bit too.” You groan, “And maybe an exorcist to help me along.” Evil spirits have been loosed inside of you, and they're looking for payback for being drunk.

Eirin indicates a chair near the wall. You collapse on the chair. She's behaving better than expected, you find. She looked busy as you came in, staggering slightly because your foot was numb, but still was nice enough to give you her undivided attention.

“I take it was one hell of a party?” She asks smugly.
“Like you wouldn't believe. I'm sorry, I didn't want to come like this; I wanted to have a talk with you and clear the air. Pushy rabbits got in the way of that.”
“Take your time. You're the star here.”
“Sorry. I don't mean to waste your time. I'll leave and come back tomorrow.”
“No, by all means stay. May as well get things over and done with.”

There's five minutes of silence before either of you speaks again. Your demons are clawing at your insides, trying to escape. The only thing you can do is try to drown them with more water.

“Given you actions am I to assume that you consider yourself to be an item, coupled with the princess?” She asks in a dry and inquisitive manner. Like she's filling out a form. It grates your nerves, it's like she's trying to quantify the parts of your person.
“I love her.” Your reply is simple and to the point.
“I bet.” She gets colder, her eyes looking all the more intense. “Tell me, and you think she loves you back?”
“Why don't you ask her?”
“Because the question isn't about whether or not she thinks she loves you back, but whether you think she does.”
“You know, I don't appreciate the way you're wording that.” You get up, head suddenly not whirling as much. “I came here to talk about what was going to happen now, since we left in the middle of some sort of plan. Not to figure what I think is or isn't true.”
“Sit back down please. The alcohol is making you excitable. I mean no harm with my queries.”
“I don't buy that.”

You walk over to her, she remains seated, looking at you with her fixed gaze. It seems to bore all the way to the back of your skull. It makes you angry.

“I don't need your approval. Kaguya and I are able to figure out things on our own.”
“And yet you're here.” She observes, her eyes meet your own for an instant. You avert your gaze.
“I told you why I'm here and it's not for that.”
“Deny it some more, it won't make it any less true.” She gets up, ignoring the fact that you're twenty centimeters from her and calmly walks over to her desk. She scans an open document without sitting back down.

You stand stupefied momentarily, considering what she's said.

“Let's not play head games here.” You rush in, grabbing her wrist. To your surprise she doesn't even flinch.
“You're the one that's making this into a game. I take things seriously.” She doesn't even look at you as she replies. She keeps her cool.
“I don't know what your exact problem is with me, but if you behave nice, I'll behave nicely.”
“Have you forgotten what I said? The princess' welfare is the most important thing to me. Getting along with you has little to do with that.”
“The way I see it, she'll be happy if we're happy together.”

Eirin laughs. It's the most human she's been all day. She turns towards you, not making an effort to get you to let go of her wrist.

“And what would you do to ensure that we're 'happy together'? Would you force yourself on me? It seems to be a preferred stratagem of yours as of late.”
“I suppose your baiting is to get me to do something stupid.” You steel your gaze and stare right into her sharp and intelligent eyes.
“Were I to bait you, nothing would come out of it. You're far too spineless to truly stand up to me or anyone else for that matter. Or to take proper responsibility for your actions. This is why Kaguya would be better off if you just continued to be, what was it? Oh yes, just 'buddies'.”

Her face gets close, close enough for you to feel her steady breath on your neck, “I'm positive that I would be able to persuade her to see that that's the best course of action. She freely shared her many doubts with me this evening as you drank the night away. It'd only take a bit of talking and a bit of time to sway her.”
“I think you're lying.”
“I ever so hate repeating myself, but I'll tell you to remember that what you believe has little impact on our reality. You're stubborn, I'll grant you that, but it's not the same as having the conviction and audacity to accomplish your goals. You're as likely to force yourself on me like you did with the princess as you are living happily ever after with her. Search your feelings, you know yourself to not have it in you to see it through.”

Her words sting in a way that the liquor demons could never hope to imitate. There's barely a few atoms between you and this is probably the most tense moment you've ever experienced.

“Well? What do you have to say for yourself? More pointless negations? I do suggest you let go and sit down, I'm sure you'll understand things if I talk enough. Hopefully anyways.”

[] Back down and sit down
[] Kiss her
>>No. 20464
What an odd choice you've put there...
>>No. 20465
The healthy human mind does not view every situation in terms of how likely it is to be a trap. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. Being aware of how anything and everything could turn against you is a kind of freedom. Good time to take inventory.
Out-thought. Out-maneuvered. Out of our minds. On a suicide mission. But the bamboo and the rabbits here, stained with thousands of years of alcohol...They will remember us. For this. Because out of all our vast array of nightmares, this is the one we choose for ourselves. We go forward like a breath exhaled from the Earth. With vigor in our hearts and one goal in sight: We. Will.

[X] Kiss her.
>>No. 20466
Don't let her provoke you. Kissing her is the worst possible action right now. Best would be some kind of write in that tells her how you feel and counters her wrods.
>>No. 20467
[X] Take a step back, but don't sit down.

Have to stand up to her, but I don't know what to say. Sitting down or kissing her seems like playing into her hand.
>>No. 20468
What? No write ins? I wanted to say that, if it were me the one baiting, I'd pretty much do the same thing as she did: insulting a person's self pride. I dunno if I would abuse of the trust put on her to do so though. Nor I know if 'd be so coward as to use my friendship with the other side to threat to sway her way of thinking to fit my whims. After all, if she really had Kaguya's best interests in heart, she'd say what she thinks and get on with it.

[x] Back down and sit down
No offense, but I think we're well past the point of GLA 'lol random' votes.
>>No. 20469
>>20467
>>20466
No write ins, no long speeches. If there's a time for that, it's definitely later. I suggest you reread to see why anything else is pointless or inappropriate. This includes leaving outright - that would not settle anything. As far as not going as far as sitting down is concerned: flinching is flinching. No matter if it's for the sake of continued discussion, out of fear, or whatever else the reason may be.

There are advantages and drawbacks to either choice. As there are with virtually all other choices.
>>No. 20470
>>20465 here
I suppose I may as well explain why I think kissing Eirin is not the worst possible thing we could do, and is certainly better than sitting down and shutting up like a good little boy.

Maybe she's trying to provoke Shirou. Maybe kissing her plays into some plan she has, perhaps having arranged for Kaguya to see the act as it's committed or otherwise somehow using it to support her case against the two getting involved romantically.

But consider the alternative. When you get right down to it, Eirin is right on the mark with her assessment of Shirou's behavior up to fairly recently. He's stubborn, but has otherwise failed to display proper conviction and acceptance of responsibility to carry things through to the end, as his work with "Silver" so perfectly demonstrated. By yielding right now, Shirou would only further confirm what Eirin has said. Even if kissing is a trap, and that's the only way to avoid it, in doing so you only further prove her right about him.

And, if the kiss is not a trap at all, then the situation changes. Eirin's words, in this case, would not be an attempt to bait him into making a mistake, but instead is testing him, much like she did when she had offered herself or Reisen instead of Kaguya. Where before she was likely testing his ability to "stay on target" as it were, now she could be testing him to see whether or not he'll buckle under pressure when the chips are down.

Or, it could be something else entirely. Shirou is there for a reason, and Eirin wants him to be there right now for a reason. While it could just be to sort out things as they relate to their mutual connection to Kaguya, what if it's something else?
What if it's about them?

Right now, Shirou is not just dealing with someone who is looking out for Kaguya, he's dealing with the one he left behind.

Think about what Tewi just told us.
>>"I can't believe she likes you despite of everything.”
>>“No doubt there's something there, though I'm not sure what. You both play cat and mouse so well.”

Someone who likes Shirou, despite apparently having reasons to feel otherwise.
Someone who Shirou is engaged in a strange sort of game of "cat and mouse", their relationship being such that even Tewi isn't entirely sure what exactly is going on between the two...
Sound like anyone we know?

While this could just be about Shirou and Kaguya, I wonder if this isn't also in a way an attempt to sort out the feelings between Shirou and Eirin.
Just as Shirou was seemingly in denial about the reasons he came to see her, I think Eirin might have a little bit of denial going on as well.

Saying that how things are between them doesn't matter, making it sound as if she almost has some feelings of contempt for him, yet at the same time practically daring him to do something to her?

Gentlemen, I could be horribly wrong about this, but I do believe Eirin might be going Level 5 Tsun-Tsun on us.
>>No. 20471
>>20469

I see...

[X] Kiss her.
>>No. 20472
>>20469
Or in short: Pick one of the two.

Kissing her would show her that you are no coward. But maybe you will screw things up if you do this. If you love Kaguya, why would you kiss another girl, even if she told you pretty much how useless and a coward you are. Either the kiss will not happen because it will get interrupted or Teruyo will think of something evil. And even if it were to happen Teruyo would think of something evil.

Now if you sit down it would just prove her words right and show that you are a corward after all and have no spine. After all those insults it would take a heavy blow to your manly pride, which you just got a boost after you stood up to her last time.

[x] Kiss her.

Let's try the unexpected option. I doubt that Kaguya would just walk in. And it probably is just exactly what she wants.
>>No. 20473
>Gentlemen, I could be horribly wrong about this, but I do believe Eirin might be going Level 5 Tsun-Tsun on us.
I thought along the lines of her liking him but don't want to stand in Kaguya's way. Now she is trying to find out if he is man enough to take care of Kaguya instead of her.
>>No. 20476
[X] Kiss her
>>No. 20477
[+] Back down and sit down
I'm getting tired of people choosing the "kiss" option every time it shows up. And need I remind people this is Yagokoro Eirin? Even in Teruyo's work, it is suicide to try and play an overt game of one-upmanship against Yagokoro Eirin.
>>No. 20478
So she's just being tsundere? That would be a fanboy's dream so I'm inclined to vote against it... But everything I've read seems to support that idea. Am I reading you correctly Teruyo? You already complained that anon was blind of the little touches you keep adding to your stories so, am I doing the same thing here?

Anyway, I digress. Eirin may talk all she wants but I don't see a point to kiss someone he doesn't love. Is he trying to prove something by acting like a horny teenager? (wait... that's what he is, isn't it?)
I don't like that the only options are to surrender or act like a kid. It's limited and unrealistic but... your world, your rules I guess. It's been awesome so far so I can't complain.

[x] Kiss her.
Yeah, I'm a retard. A stubborn one.
>>No. 20481
[X] Excuse yourself and go see Kaguya

Alright, no. I'm not choosing to go off-course here. Regardless of whether or not kissing Eirin will serve as "standing up to her" or whatnot, I really don't see that as the right thing to do when we've practically entered a relationship with Kaguya. What do we have to gain from standing up to her, really? There's no need to go and screw things up by trying to boost our ego. If we're not going to get anything worthwhile out of our conversation with Eirin, we should just go and take care of what matters, and what we should have done straight out waaaay too long ago; sort things out with Kaguya. Eirin will probably do nothing but antagonize us if we stick around.

Also, shoes and head and drinking while drinking, eh, Teruyo? Even if as few people get your references as you say, I appreciate them, at least the ones I do catch.

I don't really see any problems with your writing, by the way. I think you do good with your interpretations of the characters; I'm especially enjoying the more sinister side of Eirin that's recently shown itself. You make a few typoes here and there, but that's nothing to worry about. Keep up the good work; your writing is very interesting.

I'm feeling a bit out of it right now, so I'm not going to comment any more thoroughly than that. Hopefully it encourages you a bit, at least.
>>No. 20482
>>I ever so hate repeating myself, but I'll tell you to remember that what you believe has little impact on our reality.
... meta.

>>You're stubborn, I'll grant you that, but it's not the same as having the conviction and audacity to accomplish your goals. You're as likely to force yourself on me like you did with the princess as you are living happily ever after with her. Search your feelings, you know yourself to not have it in you to see it through.
Anyone see the trap? we'd be back to that point after Tewi surprised us by actually drinking what we thought wasn't a date rape elixir and Kaguya joked that we couldn't keep it in our pants. That is what Eirin is calling us out on, even if our interpretation is tsundere on her part: an inability to choose a path and walk it plainly. That's what meandered/killed the first run too, not having a conviction and going for it regardless. The worst part is that this is a two-way trap as going forward and going backwards, as they may be viewed, are both admissions of some degree of failure. The difference is degree: what kind of failure would lose the most face.

If we kiss her, we've also proven her point; and, proving that point isn't even going to imbue anyone with a better view of us, even not her, even if she wants that kiss. Even her previous challenge - "Were I to bait you ... Or to take proper responsibility for your actions" - is not going to be met by kissing her.
>>No. 20483
[x] Back down and sit down
>>No. 20484
>>20481
I see your point.
I'll change my vote then.

[x] Back down and sit down
>>No. 20485
[X] Back down and sit down

We have Kaguya's affections more or less right now. Eirin is trying to psyche us out here. We'll prove that her mindfuck won't work on us, but kissing her...that's just asking for an awkward moment, plus it will prove her point and make us look more like an ass. The good doctor will get hers, eventually.
>>No. 20486
>>20481
All well and good, and I even kinda agree with you, but you apparently missed the part in >>20469

Leaving is not an option. Doing anything other than one of those two choices is not an option.
One way or another, we are dealing with Eirin here and now, and there are only two ways it can turn out. Either we kiss her and rise to her possible baiting, or we back down like she said we would.

As someone once said, "it's time to nut up or shut up." Particularly fitting, since that's pretty much exactly what we're going to do.

>>20482
Oddly enough, I think your reasoning is more of an argument for kissing Eirin than not kissing here.

What is it that Eirin is accusing Shirou of?
What is the reason she believes a relationship between him and Kaguya is doomed to fail?

Spinelessness. An inability and overall unwillingness to face whatever challenges present themselves head-on and take responsibility for the actions afterward.

Look back at the incident with Tewi that you mentioned. The big problem in the aftermath wasn't what we did, but the fact we did not assume responsibility for our part in it.
We did something stupid, got in trouble, yet tried to justify why we were not accountable.
That is spinelessness.

You say that kissing Eirin will prove her point, even though her whole point is that Shirou won't stand up to her or accept responsibility for his actions.

Clearly, backing down and sitting down falls into the "not standing up to her" part. You can justify why you do it all you want, but the fact of the matter is that you're not standing up to her.

Kissing her, on the other hand, is not so simple. You say:
>>Even her previous challenge - "Were I to bait you ... Or to take proper responsibility for your actions" - is not going to be met by kissing her.

I disagree, and this is why; you are ignoring a very crucial aspect of this particular choice. It's the action itself that matters here, but what happens after the action.

If you back down from Eirin, you prove her point about Shirou's complete lack of nerve and conviction right then and there, at that very second.

If you kiss her, however, you don't prove her point until after you attempt to avoid taking responsibility for that action. If you do take responsibility, though? You actually prove her point wrong.

Yes, kissing her is perhaps a kinda stupid thing to do, especially with how things have been going with Kaguya. Thing is, Eirin is not criticizing Shirou's lack of intelligence, just his ability to stand up to her and others and his tendency to avoid responsibility for his actions. If you kiss her, something unpleasant might happen, but it won't be the end of the world. What matters then is how you choose to deal with it, and if you succeed, you will come out of it far better than if you had avoided the matter entirely.
>>No. 20487
>>20486
So a long term deal as opposed to a short term complication? Hm. Wasn't the problem with how we handled Tewi also that we let our frustration/anger with the rabbit distort a yes/no question (which would have otherwise been a "simple no") into something unpleasant?

I understand your point about the responsibility-taking. Jumping ahead of Teruyo's next entry, whatever it is, how do you propose we be responsible or demonstrate responsibility afterward the kiss?
>>No. 20488
>>20487
>>I understand your point about the responsibility-taking. Jumping ahead of Teruyo's next entry, whatever it is, how do you propose we be responsible or demonstrate responsibility afterward the kiss?

Can't say for sure, since it depends greatly on what happens Though I can guess, it's still hard to suggest any way of effectively dealing with the consequences of an action without knowing exactly what those consequences will be just yet. Maybe we'll have to deal with a hurt and upset Kaguya, maybe we'll have to fend off a clever-wielding yandere moon-bunny, we just don't know yet. Hell, I don't even have any clue how Eirin will react, but then, that's also part of the fun. Until she knocks us out, straps us onto a table in her lab, and ensures the rest of our life is Unlimited Needle Works.

Flipping the question around, though, how might one propose we go about demonstrating hat we have a spine and actually can stand up to others, especially Eirin, after effectively displaying that we don't and we can't?
>>No. 20491
Hey there. I'm likely not to update until sometime in the afternoon or even evening (server time). This is mainly because I think that good arguments have been made here and that people should read them in case they find themselves agreeing and want to change/cast their votes. Whether you stand up to Eirin or back down is what you should be mainly worried about. As mentioned, the rational for each choice has been put forward by anon (personally, if I just a reader I'd be won over already). I'm not here to entrap you, just to remind you that choices have consequences and that a great deal regarding personality and interaction is defined by you. It seems obvious when I say it, but I sometimes wonder if people really believe me.

I apologize for bumping the thread, but I feel people should see this.

PS: This delay has nothing to do with me wanting to finish up something else I'm writing.
>>No. 20494
>Thing is, Eirin is not criticizing Shirou's lack of intelligence, just his ability to stand up to her and others and his tendency to avoid responsibility for his actions. If you kiss her, something unpleasant might happen, but it won't be the end of the world. What matters then is how you choose to deal with it, and if you succeed, you will come out of it far better than if you had avoided the matter entirely.

This.
It is not a simple matter to just kiss her because she hurt your ego or something. It is time to take responsibility for your actions and show you are capable of handling situations without hiding and putting the blame on someone else.
>>No. 20496
>>20494
True
>>20481
No write ins.
>>20491
ETA? Monday?
>>No. 20503
>>20481 here. Sorry, apparently I missed the whole "no write-ins" thing. Should have read a bit more thoroughly, my bad. I'm going to go with the below.

[X] Back down and sit down
>>No. 20504
[x] Kiss her

I was thoroughly convinced and have nothing to bring to the table. I also got caught up from when I stopped reading (halfway through the last thread). I just have to say; holy shit Teruyo, I don't know what happened, but this entire thread has been amazing. I don't know if you suddenly got really good or if the votes and discussion are finally up to a standard that let's you write your best, but I totally lost a big part of my day reading everything compulsively and I don't regret it.
>>No. 20505
>>20504
Let's say i am glad that he writes again. Where else do i get my Kaguya fix.
I am eagerly awaiting Kaguya hair and hugging scenes. More, many many more.
I can already see Shirou making love to Kaguya and Eirin overlooking them and telling him what he is doing wrong and how he should improve.
>>No. 20506
The arguments and evidence presented to support them are very convincing.
Yet i had the hardest time bringing myself to actually deciding.
[X] Kiss her
>>No. 20507
[X] Kiss her
>>No. 20509
Well, um, calling and writing now. I've managed to shake the siren song of the vidya for now. Wait warmly, I don't think it'll take me that long.
>>No. 20512
Her frigid glare pierces into your soul, and were it possible, beyond. Her sharp analytical mind is probably dissecting your every move and word, coming up with exact models of your thought process. You can see it in her intense stare, how she is looking beyond the moment, into the myriad of probabilities and weighing each one carefully. It'd be unfair to compare her intellect to yours – or anyone else for that matter. You don't think you can understand the magnitude of it, not really, just appreciate the hints of complexity that you can see. It's something like a masterwork pocket watch – though it's beautiful on the outside and the hands move so eloquently, the inside is filled with an untold number of gears and complex mechanisms.

If you weren't completely paralyzed, meeting her hard look full-on, you might have smiled.

Resolve and movement.

It only takes a few heartbeats. Time during which you push the few air molecules between you out of the way. Time during which your lips seek hers. And find them. It's also time during which you dare to linger, kissing her with both audacity and conviction. This is time during which you feel her perfumed scent in full, the feel of her soft lips, and the electrifying force in between it all.

When you're done you let go of her and give her space. As much as you want to look away however, you continue to look her in the eye. You are certain that she understands what just happened, but has nothing to show for it. Her gaze continues to be both intense and piercing. Though you hope that you see what may have been a slight defrosting – it may just be the lighting, but you hope that you see something approaching human candor reflected in them.

“Tried and true beats the rest,” She is first to speak, her voice as level as before, “In the end, you did force yourself on me.”
“Will you take me more seriously now?” By comparison, your voice is meek.
“Now, now my dear,” She smiles, a devilish thing that is as seductive as it is dangerous, “Even if we were to disregard the blatant hypocrisy that just transpired here – a man so in love he kissed another woman – as well forgetting about your infamous knack for consistency, there's still something horribly inadequate about your action. I am referring to, of course, to the act itself. For a man seemingly consumed by self-righteous bluster as you seemed to be, you did not go as far as would have been appropriate.”

The hazardous smile she sports changes into a somewhat curious grin. Her upper lip retracts slightly, showing her canines mainly. It gives the impression of a beast about to pounce. The effect is doubly disconcerting as the rest of her is as cool and unexcited as it has been.

“The use of tongue was not only appropriate, but was expected. This aforementioned lack of presence just sends mixed signals.”

She made a joke. It's obvious in retrospect, but at the moment you just continued to stare at her. It's only when she spells out the fact that you realize it.

“Well, for someone who just attempted to assert some sort of a more dominant role you sure don't have a sense of humor.” She fakes a pout, looking rather comical you have to admit. Not at all like you'd expect from someone who you were confronting instants ago.

“What happens now?”
“We talk. If you want, that is.”
“That sounds fine to me.”
“There's just one thing though,” She points a slender finger at your face, wiggling it in a circle, “You may want to wipe that off first. There's a box of tissues over there.”

You do as she suggests despite not being sure what you may have on your face. When you wipe, you realize what was on there. The ruby red remnants of lipstick stain the tissue. You hadn't realized that Eirin was wearing any and, idiotically enough, you feel yourself reddening a bit. It's just a momentary thing, by the time you dare look back at her, you think you're back to normal.

“Got it all.” She declares.

“It's a nice shade.” You're not sure what you're playing at here. That sort of lame icebreaker just comes out without you meaning them too. It's part of the evolving attitude and relationship with Eirin. It's utterly befuddling. If you think about it later, you'll fail to make any sense of it.

“Would you like a night cap?” She's produced a small flask in the meantime. She pours a drink for herself after you refuse. It's strange to have her offer something like that. You suspect that she may be playing with you, knowing that you're still a bit unstable from the party. At any rate, she sits and bids you to do the same, “Well then, I suppose you'll be wanting to ask me something?”

“Will you tell Kaguya about what happened?”
“I thought you would.” She smiles, “I'm sure she'll appreciate it.”
“You sound sure that I will.”
“Call it an educated guess.”

“...” If you don't tell Kaguya, you'll beat yourself up incessantly. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. You've pledged to keep no secrets from her. Going back on a commitment with her is just not you.

“I could always tell someone else though.” She sips her drink, smiling amicably, “I suppose that the rabbits would enjoy this caliber of gossip. I think even Udonge would be interested to learn about this.”
“Do as you please, I don't care,” You bluff. It's a half-bluff actually. While you don't really care about what others think, you know that Tewi will ride you hard for this. That is something worth trying to avoid.
“Don't worry, I won't tell. I'm not the type to confess to this sort of ordeal, even one as sordid and unsavory as this.”
“And here I thought my life was over,” You mutter sarcastically.
“Far from it, you'll be around for as long as I want you to be.”
“A reassuring thought.”

Eirin drinks greedily, refilling her glass no less than twice as you go along. If you didn't know any better, you'd say that she was loosening up.

“What happened to the briefing, the plan, the lunarians?” You bring up the subject that you've completely ignored for the past few days.
“Over days ago, altered and executed, and on the moon.” Her reply is sassy.
“Altered and executed? Does that mean that we don't have to worry about whatever it was we had to worry?”
“No, I don't.” She corrects you, “I don't recall you doing much in the way of worrying.”
“I dealt with the rabbit.”
“Yes a noble effort that. But no results came from it.”
“I tried at least.”
“Let's not bring that up again. That chapter is firmly in the past. What's important is that there's nothing to worry about anymore.”

You can only imagine what it was that she did. All by herself too, with no help from either Kaguya or yourself. It's just about what you'd expect from a woman as intimidating and capable as her.

“You missed an exotic travel opportunity. But that's all I'll say about it,” Eirin offers.
“Enigmatic.”

She sighs and refills her cup yet again. She's really knocking them back.

“Do you think you're worthy of the princess?”
“I hope I am.”
“Once again, that's not the question.” She sighs again. And downs the drink like it were a shot. She frowns, “Oh forget it.”

“You've had a taste now...” She says suddenly. Her expression is clouded, a departure from earlier, “Would you reconsider the offer I made? Either Udongein or I will attend to you. I believe that I would be quite adept at relieving your built up urges.”
“I'm in love. I only want her at the moment.”
“Is that a fact?” Her words sound hollow, like she's really not convinced of what you said – or doesn't want to be convinced.
“Her love is the most important thing to me, anything else is secondary.”
“The offer stands, but only for so long that you don't do anything more foolish than what you've done already.”

She looks tired now. It's with little surprise too. She's had a long day as well, and the drinks probably haven't helped much either. You risk to ask something further before she's either too apathetic or too tired to answer.

[] Your 'illness' and what she knows about it
[] The deal with Silver
[] What it'll take to prove yourself to her
[] Eirin's own 'needs'
>>No. 20513
okay, that went on much better than i expected, congrats everyone.
now, for the task at hand...
[] Your 'illness' and what she knows about it
this is a subject which we'll have to deal with soon i believe, i must say it made me quite worried when i (finally!) realized there was something off with poor Shirou, but it feels like Miss Yagokoro is not in the best of states to offer us advice on this.
[] The deal with Silver
Don't think this is a priority now. If anything, i think i would ask just of curiosity.
[] What it'll take to prove yourself to her
THIS i believe is important, but again, srs bsns + buzzed Eirin, maybe not so good.
[] Eirin's own 'needs'
oooooh baby...
so yeah, ill be going with
[X] What it'll take to prove yourself to her
for the moment, ill think it over through the night.
>>No. 20514
[x] What it'll take to prove yourself to her

It'd be amusing to have to complete Eirin's not quite impossible, but nearly intolerable and tedious requests.
>>No. 20519
Why was she wearing lipstick? I mean, she's beautiful enough without anything like cosmetics, so why need to 'put on her face?' Maybe I'm reading too much into that than need be, but between that and pounding drinks like a sailor, it feels like something is up with her.

[x] Eirin's own 'needs'

I'm probably going to regret this, but I'm all for it anyway. Eientei was a "tomb" without the princess and ourselves. It was during that time Eiren just flawlessly executed a plan to defuse a potentially catastrophic confrontation with the moon. I'm not convinced that Eirin has no interest in us at all (as pointed out by >>20470 in analyzing what Tewi said), but I also believe her when she says that Kaguya's happiness is her primary concern. I think she deserves some appreciation. While the situation is certainly poised to take a turn for the naughty, I think attending to the 'needs' of Eirin is important because A) she's the most important friend of our beloved, B) she is in desperate need of some gratification, and most importantly C) she has supported us from day one. Kaguya was our buddy, Reisen is our friend, and Tewi is a bro, but Eirin was/is our mentor. Our support. Our foundation. When things went to shit, she understood and helped us. She deserves some "me" time, and if we can help with that, then I'm all for it.
>>No. 20523
[X] Eirin's own 'needs'

Eh, changed my mind.

I'd like to find out about the new bunny, but that can wait.
The "illness" she might be able to shed some light on, but if it's at all connected to those suspicious little bits during their time on the run, Kaguya probably has more to say about it than she would. Which, frankly, works out, since that means both buddies have something to confess to the other.

As for the other two, asking what can be done for Shirou to prove himself might be good, especially if she's feeling so candid as to crack jokes and drink like is.
Though, I can see that being one of those "if you have to ask, I'm not going to tell you" sort of questions, it could still be worth asking about.

As for her "needs", I'm asking because I am genuinely curious. If Eientei was like a tomb without Kaguya and Shirou, I have no doubt the place would absolutely fall apart if Eirin was the one absent. She does so much for that place and everyone living there, but especially Kaguya, but what about her?

Sadly, finding out won't matter much if we cannot do anything about it, but I still would like to see what she has to say on the matter.
If she could crack a joke about slipping her some tongue, who knows what else we could hear from her right now?
>>No. 20525
Yes, that worked great. We knocked her out of her socks and now she tries to calm down with drinking. She likes him so let us not go further beyond that kiss. It was just to prove a point, that we are no coward. Anything more than that is bad and will destroy our last actions.
>As for the other two, asking what can be done for Shirou to prove himself might be good, especially if she's feeling so candid as to crack jokes and drink like is.
Though, I can see that being one of those "if you have to ask, I'm not going to tell you" sort of questions, it could still be worth asking about.
Has a really good point. If you have to ask how to prove yourself to her then it is already beyond hope.

I am not sure if the Eirin choice is a jump her or find out what is wrong with her option.
But it sounds like a counter to
>I believe that I would be quite adept at relieving your built up urges.
>>No. 20528
[x] Eirin's own 'needs'
I wonder how will he explain this to Kaguya?
'After returning from the trip I forced you into and after saying a hundred times that I love you, I got shitfaced drunk and kissed your best friend. But really, I only love you, I only kissed her because that was the only alternative to losing a discussion'
>>No. 20530
>Her frigid glare pierces into your soul, and were it possible, beyond. Her sharp analytical mind is probably dissecting your every move and word, coming up with exact models of your thought process. You can see it in her intense stare, how she is looking beyond the moment, into the myriad of probabilities and weighing each one carefully. It'd be unfair to compare her intellect to yours – or anyone else for that matter. You don't think you can understand the magnitude of it, not really, just appreciate the hints of complexity that you can see. It's something like a masterwork pocket watch – though it's beautiful on the outside and the hands move so eloquently, the inside is filled with an untold number of gears and complex mechanisms.

She never had a chance.

[x] Eirin's own needs

Without the nuance-indicative quotation marks.

Maybe what she just drank upset her stomach? Does she want like a glass of water or something?
>>No. 20531
This is why I was not voting to kiss her: because I did not want to have THIS follow-up debate. That's also why I asked "how do you propose we take responsibility?" because it seems like no one was even thinking about that.

[+] What it'll take to prove yourself to her

The wording sounds a lot less ambiguous and aggressive than the last-most option though it is writing a blank check. Considering this is Eirin, you can't be certain whether she won't not give you the time of day with the question anyway. It is staying on target, at least, and the other options sound like afterthoughts at the moment, since Eirin probably soloed the Lunarian issue.
>>No. 20532
[x] What it'll take to prove yourself to her

The other option sounds odd to me. This is my goal for the time being.
>>No. 20533
[x] Eirin's own needs
I thought about it and think that this is not some flirting option but to find out more about her problems.
But i could be wrong.
>>No. 20534
[X] What it'll take to prove yourself to her

That actually went much better than I thought it would. Regardless though, there's still some pretty high tension.

Something tells me she's testing us...but paranoia takes a back seat to curiosity as to what exactly WILL it take.
>>No. 20539
No update for at least the next 10 hours. Hopefully there'll be a larger majority and not a tie by then.

I know the site may feel kinda dead, but I'm not. It sucks when we get dragged into the whole slower votes and updates cycle. I think I've been more or less consistent with approximations of times and posts since I picked things up again, I don't really know what else I can do on my end to prevent this. I love you guys and all but you have to stop giving me excuses to do other stuff with the whole no posts during the 'busy hours' of the site. Check often (use the threadwatcher or rss to help), vote when you're able instead of putting it off - this would generally equal more and faster updates. I won't bring up this subject again anytime soon hopefully. I just don't want to get stuck in a rut.
>>No. 20541
>>20539
It's a busy time, so slower updates are a given I guess.


Oh, and [X] Eirin's own 'needs'.
>>No. 20542
[X] What it'll take to prove yourself to her

First thing we should find out.
>>No. 20544
File 127170369325.jpg - (49.88KB, 450x450, defeatist.jpg) [iqdb]
20544
Fine. Frak you guys. I'm flipping a coin. And you better vote quickly for the fast updates. If not, you'll only have yourselves to blame for what happens to the moon bunny.
>>No. 20545
>>20544
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOO
>>No. 20547
File 127170546860.jpg - (445.70KB, 1135x1600, 010.jpg) [iqdb]
20547
>>20544
>>No. 20550
>>20544
screw you, update already
>>No. 20552
[X] What it'll take to prove yourself to her
>>No. 20554
File 127171591886.jpg - (105.54KB, 900x989, I can see only you.jpg) [iqdb]
20554
“I understand that you're incredibly busy.” You scratch your head, trying to act casual.
“It could be worse,” She intones sardonically, “I could have a ne'er-to-do-well in my office acting like a grade A sycophant.”
“That'd just be terrible, a person of your caliber oughtn't be subjected to that.”
“You empathy means a lot.” She drinks more, not bothering to look at you.

You watch her pour yet even more alcohol into her cup. There's no end in sight to the display of excess. She's probably drank enough to kill a couple of household pets by now.

“I just wanted to ask about... you know,” Your way of getting to the point is rather roundabout, unfairly so, “You talked about me, how I feel, and made me an offer to take care of my needs.”
“Everyone has them. Pent-up stress and tension does not do any good for the body.”
“Exactly my point.”
“Oh?” As always, she's several steps ahead of you. She knows what you're getting at before you actually spell it out. With a bemused smirk she takes a sip from her cup, taking the time to savor both the drink and the moment. “Am I to understand that you're trying to pry into my own private affairs?”
“I'm just concerned. As you obviously are for my own wellbeing. We live together so it's only natural to care about one another.”
“Quite the leap of logic there.”
“It's an educated guess.”
“So you say.”

You're not sure if you've got her where you want her or not. On the one hand, she's as aloof and collected as you're used to seeing her – she's sitting regally in her chair, looking like worldly concerns are of no consequence to her. But on the other, you think that she's genuinely interested at what you're saying. She's looking livelier, like there's a twinkle in her eye. It may be the lighting again, as you know that this woman is notoriously difficult to read, but she may really be feeling flattered at the type of attention you're giving her. She's treating it like some sort of novelty.

“I'm concerned that you're fulfilling your needs.”
“Offering a hand or two in assistance are we?” She chuckles.
“Inquiring more like.”
“I've no need of another assistant.”
Another? Don't tell me that you have-”
“I don't think it's currently your business to be informed of how exactly I deal with my needs. Besides,” She adds wryly, “It seems to me that you have more pressing matters to attend to than to ask to assist me. Namely Figuring out how stress release works at all.”
“I know how to do it!” You reply with maybe a bit too much pride.
“That I doubt. Anyone could see the deep dissatisfaction running wild within you.”
“...I just haven't had time lately, alright?” You find yourself blushing. You had you close encounters with others, but haven't really had time to yourself.
“I think that maybe you're the one that needs help here.”
“Oh don't go around turning this on me. We were talking about you.”
“We still are.” She winks suggestively. It causes you to gulp hard.
“You should just focus on your own needs.”
“And if there's overlap between you and me? Wouldn't it be logical to maximize the our individual inputs?”
“Not for this sort of thing.”
“It's as natural as eating or sleeping. I don't see why you're getting all worked up about it. I suspect that you're jumbling up your instincts and feelings here. I can't particularly say that I dislike what you may be getting at or the implications of your attention. On a personal level, of course.”

She's got you where she wants you and she knows it. She's an awful tease. One that makes you both loathe her and simultaneously desire more. She never states explicitly, in coarse terms, what she's talking about – she dances around the subject with carefully chosen words and phrases, implying and insinuating only as much as the listener thinks she is.

“If you need to release sometime, and need help, you should consult me. I could school you in techniques and demonstrate how to best alleviate your worries. There's no shame in asking for help. This is the role I've taken upon here. People come to me for help of one sort of another. Whether it's the princess or poor wound-up Udongein, they trust in my expert application of knowledge and experienced touch.”

She finished her glass and pours no more.

“I think I'm done for the night. I should take care of my business and needs before going to sleep. It'd be inconvenient to wake up in the middle of the night, needing to finalize my unfinished deeds, wouldn't it? I should make a thorough effort to take care of things now. Do feel free to drop in some time for an on the spot demonstration.”

You roll around in your futon, restlessly. You feel very unsatisfied, but aren't quite sure why. If it's because of things that could've been or still can be with a little nudge you're not sure. The malignant spirits still haunt you. They've made an audacious come back since you went to bed, daring to cause generalized discomfort and a mild stomach ache. They cry out their ancient vintages, accusing you of greedily putting an end to their full-bodied and smooth vintages.

The truth is that you're only pretending to listen to their wails now. You're much more concerned with Eirin's parting words. They drown out the unimportant voices of minor curse deities and drill into your soft grey matter.

You check the time.

For a workaholic like her, it's still early.

You curse her for being her. Her mind games have you coiled snugly around her little finger. You can't help but to tiptoe around in the dead of night and make your way to her room. It's like you haven't got a complete hold of your senses. You float, possessed, silently to her room and halt at the door.

Her lights are on..

Not only that, but you can hear it clearly. From some distance away.

I loud mechanical whirring that echoes through the empty hallways, sounding form a distance vaguely like a kazoo. As you take a bashful step closer to the door, you hear the strange noise reverberate throughout. It's powerful enough to shake the paper door from a distance.

“Oh, Master....”

You nearly fall back on your ass in surprise. The voice is loud and unguarded, one of genuine pleasure.

“Am I doing well? Am I any good?” The voice asks again. The sweet intonation is none other than Reisen.
“Better than last week, you've improved at this.” Eirin laughs sweetly, sounding like she's genuinely praising Reisen. “Have you been practicing?”
“Almost every day by myself.”
“What a diligent assistant. I'm proud of you. That said, you should ask for help from others to improve your technique.”
“Ah! That's too embarrassing!” Reisen's yelp coincides with a temporary rise in the pitch of the whirring. You hear Eirin laugh again.
“I'm sure that he'd help out. And it would do him good as well.”
“But he was out all week with Lady Kaguya....”
“True, but he's here now. In fact, he's probably in his room all alone and bored now. He would welcome your invitation.”

The whirring stops suddenly.

“Ah, that's cruel!” Reisen sounds frustrated, her pitch whiny. “Don't stop all of a sudden.”
“My, quite smitten aren't we?” The whirring resumes again.
“Thank you master. I want to finish properly this time.”
“Sure thing, I understand. I hope you don't mind if I help you out when it looks things are coming to a head.”
“Please go ahead! I'd be honored if you did.”

The whirring intensifies again and you hear both of them laugh. Your imagination is running wild, and Eirin's previous talk with you isn't helping things much either.

[] Risk a peek through the door crack
[] Continue to listen
[] Rush to tell Kaguya about this

--
>>20552
too late.
>>No. 20555
[x] Burst into the room, naked.
>>No. 20556
[x] Rush to tell Kaguya about this

Just imagine the situation. Shirou trying to explain what is going on.
Might as well have a little fun.
Plus, there is probably nothing interesting going on at the moment. You could get caught if you try to peek and come off as a creep if someone finds you.
>>No. 20558
[x] Go ask Kaguya if she needs some help releasing her 'needs'
-[x] And by 'needs', I mean 'stress' and by 'help' I mean a massage.
Ho-ho-ho
>>No. 20559
>>20558
>>20555
Settle down children. Either contribute something worthwhile or don't bother.
>>No. 20560
geez, i dont want to pick any of them.
Knowing Teruyo, there's nothing going on in there worth staying and surely getting caught. And waking up Kaguya for something we don't even know what it is? really?
i'd rather:
[x] fuck all and GTFO
maybe [x] fap furiously
>>No. 20562
[x] Continue to listen

I have a really bad feeling about this.
>>No. 20563
[x] Risk a peek through the door crack

Oh wow. Temptation is too great. Besides, it's easier to explain being way too curious about what fantastic new massage techniques they're practicing on each other than it is to bust into Kaguya's room in the middle of the night telling her that we were spying on people and came to her with half-baked misunderstandings and stuff
>>No. 20564
>>20558
Heh, the last time this hapenned it was just a massage no? I kinda wanted to vote for this but...
>>20559
...it seems that the writefag himself has banned that write-in.
[x] Rush to tell Kaguya about this
>>No. 20565
[x] Rush to tell Kaguya about this

They're making something delicious and it doesn't look like they may share. That's wrong, food needs to be shared.
>>No. 20566
[X] Rush to tell Kaguya about this

I'm not very fond of any of the options here, but I suppose if I've got to choose one, it'll be this. I'm unsure of how this would turn out, but it's probably better than getting caught by Eirin and facing more of her mental and hormonal torment. Should be interesting no matter what happens, I guess.
>>No. 20567
Apparently the floor boards are made from fly paper now, unless our context is to be rude, presumptuous, or juvenile (and here I thought we were trying to better about that). I suppose if movement is antagonistic ...

[+] Continue to listen

Rushing to tell Kaguya probably means we'll barrage in without knocking, like we've been asked not to (admittedly, a potentially good scene for us, but not necessarily a good thing for Shirou); I can never get a good sense of timing in DoaLF so I'm just going to assume it's so late that no one would normally be awake. As for peeking--we're not that bad.

(No, I don't expect unobfuscated revelations heard through walls. I've given up on anyone but Shirou and maybe Reisen being absolutely straightforward.)
>>No. 20568
[X] Continue to listen.

I don't see the sense in rushing to Kaguya about it. Plus I find simply eavesdropping versus voyeurism the lesser of the two evils.
>>No. 20569
[X] Continue to listen

>>loud mechanical whirring that echoes through the empty hallways, sounding form a distance vaguely like a kazoo. As you take a bashful step closer to the door, you hear the strange noise reverberate throughout. It's powerful enough to shake the paper door from a distance.

>>“Sure thing, I understand. I hope you don't mind if I help you out when it looks things are coming to a head.”

There's no way Kaguya would care about Eirin and Reisen's late-night experimentation with the cappuccino/espresso maker.
>>No. 20573
I was going to do first to four, then I collapsed while waiting. It's yet another lovely tie, so I'm going with my original plan of the first to four. It won't take long now, one or two insomniac readers.
>>No. 20574
[X] Continue to listen.

The best option. Peeking doesnt seem like a good idea. Going to Kaguya right now to let her know what might possibly be happening just seems dumb.
>>No. 20576
During times of awkwardness and heightened confusion, there's usually one or two real choices. They usually boil down to charging in headfirst and hoping to make sense of things as they're thrust in your face or retreating to gather wits and think about it (perhaps under the wise wing of someone who has faced the situation before). With the strange way life works out, however, you're never sure what you pick until everything is long since done and over with.

In record time you're standing by Kaguya's door, knocking gently. If it seemed before like you were a possessed man, floating around the hallways before, now it was almost like you were a force of nature, capable of rushing in an instant anywhere.

“...yes?” The reply takes a while to come.
“It's me. I really need to talk to you about something.”
“It's late.” You can practically hear her yawning, “This better be important. Come in.”

You find Kaguya looking very sleepy. She sits unceremoniously by the table, scowling slightly. Her sleeping gown is messy and off-center, signs of tossing and turning. She's not in the mood for pomp or ceremony.

“What is it?”
“It's about something that's happening now.”

You tell Kaguya all about it. You summarize relevant parts of your conversation with Eirin and what you witnessed.

“Wait,” Kaguya interrupts groggily, “Why would you be paying a late night visit to Eirin anyways?”
“Erm, I needed to talk to her again. What she said got to me.”
“Oh, I see. She has a knack for doing just that.”
“So as I was saying, loud noises, moans, and I don't know what else. Reisen was there with her and they sounded like they were very busy, if you know what – well you know.”

Someone sleepy could just as easily either be genuinely slow to the uptake or truly resentful of being woken up. It's often hard to tell until the yelling starts.

“Let me get this straight,” Kaguya summarizes, “So you're going secretly to Eirin's room but then are surprised by the noise and activity coming from within. And Reisen is there with her. So you choose not to find out what exactly is happening by yourself. Instead you rush over here, waking me up, and we have this little talk.. Is that about right?”

“Pretty much. Sorry for waking you up... I thought you would be the right person to go to.”
“Well,” She sighs, “You made the right call.”
“I did?”
“Sure,” She rubs her eyes in an effort to wake up, “Eirin is doing god knows what late at night in her room with someone else. This is a rare chance to bust her, potentially embarrassing her. This I have to see.”

Kaguya leads the way with a light, springy step. It's hard to imagine that barely a few minutes ago she looked like she was going to collapse for a few hundred years - give or take. When you reach the room she doesn't stop to peek or listen, she instead slides the door right away with a smile on her face.

“Busted.”
“Ah, princess, what are you doing here this late?”
“Eh?”

You follow Kaguya inside and see what she sees. That is, not much. Eirin is sitting at her chair, book open before her. A low-intensity lamp provides enough light to read by. There's no sign of Reisen anywhere.

“Eirin, you-”
Yes princess?”
“Weren't you supposed to be busy, with someone?”
“Hmm?” Eirin looks at the both of you with a quizzical look. “I'm not sure what you mean. Should I be?”
“Wasn't Reisen here and weren't the two of you, well...”
“Udongein often comes here.”
“Ah. See, that's what I meant. And you were, with her, doing, you know.”
“She comes to me for advice. Or to ask me about clinical procedures,” Eirin states with just the right amount of innocence. To a third party, it would seem like she's completely unsure of whatever implications could be made here. She acts like she's got no clue about the purpose of this visit, “The poor girl does try her hardest to please me.”
“That's what I thought.” You feel that Kaguya is backing down, maybe feeling a little embarrassed.

“I heard whirring and suggestive conversation.” You come out and say it. Kaguya nearly elbows you.
“I'm afraid that's unlikely, I've been reading by myself for the last few hours.”
“I know what I heard.”

Eirin doesn't attack you based of your implications of having eavesdropped. Instead, she turns things around on you with a concerned attitude.

“This may be a fanciful wish of yours. You've got a lot of built up stress and, well, needs. I mentioned this in our little talk earlier.,” She nods her head as if realizing something, “Oh don't tell me that our little talk earlier has you all worked up. I'm terribly sorry if that's the case.”
“I don't think a talk can make me hallucinate voices and sounds.”
“Isn't it obvious what's going on here?” Her eyes have pity in them. It hurts to be pitied by her.

“Can I get a straightforward explanation here? I'm beginning to think that I got woken up for no good reason.”
“Of course you can princess.” Eirin smiles, looking nurturing and understanding. “Our poor Shirou was confused and bothered by our conversation. So much so that he thought he heard noises coming from here. What's really telling about this is how he went off to see you first, princess. With that what's going on just seems rather obvious.”
“Obvious? What's obvious?”
“That in matters of needs, longing and of the heart he should come running off to you first. It's rather sweet, in a confused and improper sort of way.”

Both ladies stare at you. One with an understanding half smile and the other shows intense restlessness. This has become about you, not Eirin, not Reisen, nor any strange sounds coming from this room.

“I think that I should go to bed now.” Kaguya averts her gaze, forcing a nervous cough, “See you all tomorrow.”
“Good night princess.”

Kaguya is gone in an instant. Her retreat leaves you alone with a smirking Eirin.

“You're a curious person, aren't you?” She asks with relish. You expect her to break out a flask any moment now to celebrate.
“Not so much as you are.”
“Oh, I disagree, I'm rather straightforward. It's you with your wave of actions that befuddles. At the crest you're bold and savvy enough to play things well, but at the trough you're like a panicking hen. Watching the transition is endless enjoyment.”
“I should start charging for the show then.”
“Trust me when I tell you that you get paid plenty already.”

“What were you really doing here?” You try to get something out of this. She's got you good again, but that doesn't mean you can't make the most out of it. Deviousness aside, she does occasionally just tell you things plainly.

“I told you earlier I'm not the sort that confesses the details of this sort of ordeal.” She smiles, looking rather smug. She adds, “You may have a bit of better luck with the other participant.”
“I figured as much.”
“Did you now? Then why ask?”
“Because you never know.”
“How contradictory. It sounds about right coming from you however.”
“Are we done here?” You're ready to leave, tail in between your legs.
“As always, that depends mostly on you.”

“My advice?” She speaks up as you're turning to leave. You can visualize her wide grin with your back turned to her. After spending a while with her, it's easy to. She's shown her dangerously devious flash of teeth often enough. “Go and try to sleep in Kaguya's room. She'll welcome your presence.”

“Now that's just stupid.” You snort, taking a few steps towards the door.
“Is it now? It strikes me as a good moment to consolidate things and reaffirm feelings. Just having you there, sleeping away in a futon will help advance things.”
“And you're not implying anything else with this, are you?” You shake your head with exaggeration, “No, what am I saying? I wouldn't dream of the day that Eirin misleads me.”
“How cruel. I've never misled you. You do a good enough job of that all by yourself.”

Yet again her sting is carefully executed. It hits you where it hurts the most, breeding insecurity. Kaguya was right about Eirin's horrendous knack. The woman has an unbelievable talent.

[] Ignore and go to sleep
[] Follow her advice
[] Ask to sleep in her room instead
>>No. 20577
[x] Follow her advice
>“That in matters of needs, longing and of the heart he should come running off to you first. It's rather sweet, in a confused and improper sort of way.”
Might as well follow her advice. This choice lead us into an interesting situation. Kaguya was probably not sleeping anyway and she probably will not after all that has been said. The situation is good.
>>No. 20578
[] Ask to sleep in her room instead
So tempting.
Oh so tempting.
Nevertheless...

[X] Follow her advice


If Eirin has an angle in offering this advice, I'm not really sure what it could be. Well, aside from possibly hoping that if her threats and offers didn't work, then perhaps giving Shirou advice that he can't help but screw up might.

Only problem with that idea is whether or not Eirin would even want Shirou to screw things up with Kaguya.
Her threats up to now have been based purely on if Shirou were to do something that hurt or could hurt Kaguya. Aside from that, though, she has not done anything to actually stop him. She's offered him choices, alternatives, but that's it.

If she seriously had a problem with Shirou trying to woo Kaguya, she probably wouldn't be giving him any choice in the matter. The fact that she has not suggests that she truly has no problem with any relationship Shirou and Kaguya may have, merely the potential outcome of such a relationship. If the two really could manage to live "happily ever after" I doubt she would have any problem with it.

It's just Shirou's own nature that could spell disaster, but even that is clearly not enough for her to write him off completely. As she said, he will be there for as long as she wishes for him to be.

Still, there probably is a chance to screw things up if we're not careful. There's no way it would be so easy as to simply knock on Kaguya's door and ask to bunk with her for the night, right?
>>No. 20579
Well, that was a colosal waste of time.

[x] Follow her advice
>>No. 20580
[X] Follow her advice
>>No. 20581
>Still, there probably is a chance to screw things up if we're not careful. There's no way it would be so easy as to simply knock on Kaguya's door and ask to bunk with her for the night, right?
This is what i fear too. We need to pick the right choice or make a write in if there are no choices. Either way, might want to think a bit what to do before voting.
>Well, that was a colosal waste of time.
I wouldn't say that this was a waste of our time, getting Kaguya was useful. We found out that she was not sleeping and probably thought about something. Now thanks to Eirins help the situation can bring many chances if done right.
>>No. 20582
As usual, our dear writefag opens up doors out of seemingly ridiculous situations. I'm all for going to Kaguya's, but i also get the feeling we're treading on a minefield. I'm hoping she hasn't gone to sleep yet, in fact, i'm expecting her to be pretty much awake. So, I propose it goes like:
[x] Follow Eirin's advice
-[x] Don't be so bold, check for signs of life before busting in.
--[x]"Hey there, sorry for the flop just now, i believe my wits have been suffering from attrition, mind if I drop in to rest them?"
(as in, we want to be with her to drop our defences down for a night, because we trust her so much, correct me if it sounds awkward)
>>No. 20583
[x] Follow Eirin's advice

Works for me~!
>>No. 20584
[X] Follow her advice
>>No. 20586
...that was unexpected.

[x] Follow Eirin's advice

Sneaky doctor is sneaky. Maybe she's setting us up with Kaguya in her own little devious way. That or she's trying to pull us away from her. Either way...goddammit Yukari Eirin. Why must she be so deliciously devious?
>>No. 20587
[X] Ignore and go to sleep

Don't want to give Eirin the pleasure of seeing Shirou with a giant red slap mark on his face.
>>No. 20588
I've been meaning to say that I've been writing for a few hours now. But it's going poorly. I keep starting from scratch. This is supposed to be short but it just keeps coming out all weird.

Keep watching this space. Done hopefully soon.
>>No. 20589
[x] Follow her advice
>>No. 20590
>>20588
go on, it's not like this won't be awkward after all...
>>No. 20591
There's a nagging voice telling you to disregard Eirin's advice. It claims to be the voice of self-preservation. Having never heard its whiny timbre before, you're not very inclined to start listening to it out of the blue. Your other instincts have gotten you this far just fine. And you're sure that they'll get you much further still.

You knock on Kaguya's door.



There's no reply. But you hear shuffling sounds coming from the inside. You knock again.

“I can hear you in there.” You say. It's late, but it's unlikely that Kaguya fell asleep so quickly. You know she's not asleep. You hear her say something. It's muffled through the door, but it's her alright.

You've no choice but to wait, barging in would be a terrible idea. You sit on the floor, by the the wall opposite her door. It's uncomfortable and you think of leaving, but Eirin's blasted advice won't stop replaying itself in your mind. It keeps you waiting.

Finally the door opens. You estimate about ten minutes have passed. Instead of Kaguya, you're surprised to see the person opening the door is Reisen. She's wearing a loose-fitting shirt and pajama pants, her long hair looking ruffled up.

“Ah.” She sees you sitting. She looks surprised and nervous, looking-but-kinda-not-at-the-same-time. “Good night,” She utters mechanically, like she's having trouble of thinking of any proper words to say, “See you later.”

She scurries off even as you reply with a “Good night.” of your own. You take it that she didn't really want to see you right then. The other – far fetched – explanation is that she's narcoleptic and was rushing for bed in order not to embarrass herself. It's less mysterious but wildly unlikely. Has more holes than swiss cheese as a theory. You bring your absurd train of thought to a screeching halt.

Kaguya's door is open. In the shadows beyond, you can see her silhouette by the table, postured in a perfect sitting position. You get up and knock again before adventuring in.

“What is it now? It's late.”

“Yeah, but you were still awake.” You say it as if that mattered very much. It's hard to read the mood when you can't even see her face properly. She does come off sounding tired, but not necessarily irritable. “There's something I wanted to ask.”

“Go ahead and ask then. I should really go to sleep.”
“It's about that you see. I was wondering if maybe I couldn't spend the night.”
“I, you're.. I mean, too fast and um it's not like we, like I-”
“Sorry, I realize how that sounds. I mean just sleeping. I'll be off in my corner, you yours.” You point at each end of the room, adding a nervous chuckle. You recovered quickly from putting your foot in your mouth.
“...eh.” Kaguya sighs, she isn't thrilled by the idea, “We're not out on our own anymore. We each have a room, clean bedding and a lot of space.”
“It's nice to know that you're there. When you're near me, everything seems better.”
“Are you trying a pickup line? You never let up do you?”
“It's nothing like that.” You smile, uselessly enough, in the dark. “I think you know just how I feel. Though I'd be glad to emphasize once again that-”
“That's alright. Just go to your own room. I'm tired and we'll talk tomorrow.”

You slump your shoulders. “I guess Eirin was wrong.”
“What's Eirin got to do with this?' Her question is curiously laced with some hostility.
“Nothing ,she just said that I should try to sleep here, and that you'd welcome me.”
“She better not be-” She checks herself, “Just go to sleep Shirou.”

There's no winning here.

“I guess I'll be going to bed then. Goodnight Kaguya.”

“Wait.” She follows up immediately, halting you. “There's something else, isn't there?”
“Something else?”
“Yes. Something that you wanted to tell me. I can see it written on your face.”
“Really?” Your reply is one of genuine incredulity. You can't see her face at all from the distance you're at.
“It's a figure of speech. I can sense that's something up. Something you want to talk to me about. I don't know why, but I can feel that you're uneasy. Or maybe I'm just the one that's feeling uneasy.”

[] “It's nothing important. Goodnight.”
[] “I was just curious why Reisen was in here.”
[] “It's just Eirin and her strange ways.”
[] “I have to tell you about something that happened in the clinic...”
>>No. 20592
[X] “I have to tell you about something that happened in the clinic...”

It's time to take your medicine, Shirou.
>>No. 20594
>“I, you're.. I mean, too fast and um it's not like we, like I-”
That was well worth it. Following Eirins advice lead to something unexpected, Reisen's nightly visit.
Would we probably have been the next one? At least it's good to know that something is going on.

[x] “I have to tell you about something that happened in the clinic...”
[x] “I was just curious why Reisen was in here.”

Who knows if we will get a truthful answer about Reisen being with her, but at least it is wroth a try. Maybe we get a clear answer if we are truthful ourself.
>>No. 20595
>“Nothing ,she just said that I should try to sleep here, and that you'd welcome me.”

Nice shirou.jpg there.

[x] “I have to tell you about something that happened in the clinic...”

We promised, anon.
>>No. 20596
[x] “I have to tell you about something that happened in the clinic...”

Probably not the best of circumstances, but better now than a probable worse time later.
>>No. 20598
[X] “I have to tell you about something that happened in the clinic...”

It's just like walking on hot coals~!

Got to keep moving lest ye wishes burnt soles, or in this case perhaps something far worse.
>>No. 20599
[x] “I have to tell you about something that happened in the clinic...”
[x] “I was just curious why Reisen was in here.”
>>No. 20600
File 127180708963.png - (4.77KB, 600x600, week.png) [iqdb]
20600
I guess I'll get my lazy ass to writing. This ought take little time.

By the by, congratulations on being the fastest board. It's wrong on so many levels, but all the same cool. Get out there and vote in/update your favorite stories. Make the site a better place. We're hurtin' for activity.
>>No. 20601
>>20600
I fucking love graphs
>>No. 20602
>>20600
Coriander is a one-man board. That guy is a god.
Youkai also but since the 'Little visit' saga came, it has been sky high. Lion story is one of my favorite of all time but, let's face it, he updates like Glasnot. Well, he actually updates, but you know what I mean.
>>No. 20603
File 127181162166.jpg - (210.16KB, 640x458, not useless at all.jpg) [iqdb]
20603
“There's something I need to confess actually.” You slump onto the floor, sitting a ways from her. “I wanted to leave it until later, when you weren't so tired, but this is as good a time as any I suppose. I have to tell you about something that happened in the clinic...”

“The clinic? You mean with Eirin?” Though you still can't see her face, you can just picture the look of disapproval. Her tone is acidic enough to imply that sort of thing. She sounds awfully impatient as well, “What happened with her Shirou?”

“There's no easy way of saying this...”
“Then just say it.” It sounds like she's on the verge of shouting.
“Well, would you rather me give the context first or later?”
“Get to the point. What happened?”
“I...” you try not to gulp nervously, “kissed her. I kissed Eirin.”

There's a long pause as the words sink in. In the darkness, Kaguya's silhouette shuffles restlessly.

“Anything else happen?” She asks dryly. Not being able to see her face makes you extremely nervous. For all you know she's frightfully cross with you right now and is barely controlling herself.
“No, just that. We, uh, we talked.”
“So Eirin kissed you and then you talked, that's it?”
“No, you don't understand. I kissed her. Not the other way around. I'm sorry. She was calling me spineless and saying that we wouldn't work out. It was the only way to show her that I wasn't going to just take her crap.”
“By kissing her? How does that even make sense?”
“Show her that I wasn't afraid of taking charge... you had to be there.”
“I'm not sure that I would've wanted to.”
“The point is, it was meaningless. It was a power thing. It was nothing like what we shared”
“What we shared? Just what was that again?”
“Y'know. Our kisses. Those were intimate and came from the heart.”

She seems upset. Understandably so. Yet, you can't help but feel that she's taking this better than expected. Better than you would, were your roles reversed.

“How I feel about you is special. I don't need anything else but that. You know that, or I at least hope you do.”

“I'm tired Shirou. I'm not sure about anything anymore.”
“You're the most important person in my life.”
“This, going to her room earlier. Eirin herself. And what she- I don't know what to make of all of this. I'm just glad that it hasn't gotten way out of hand. We can talk some more about this tomorrow. Right now, I want to be left alone.”
“Sure. I will. I hope this proves that I'm serious about not having any secrets between us.”
“It does.” Her volume drops to a murmur, “It's not me and you I'm worried about.”

Before you can ask what she means by that, she bids you goodnight again. With an assertive tone of finality. You've no choice but to return the sentiment and leave.

While walking back to your room, you hang your head and sigh. You don't know if that confession went better or worse than expected. Kaguya didn't yell, nor condemn you but she did seem excited in a bad way. She cared more about what Eirin did than what you did. Whether that's a sign that she forgives you or not, it's too early to tell. Come daylight you plan to clarify things and close that chapter once and for all. You're optimistic that you'll get over this together.

There's a last surprise for the night waiting for you in your room. More specifically - she's lying sprawled on your futon, looking defenseless. You honestly have no idea why Reisen is sleeping there. Her shirt's been rolled up to the level of her belly with her tossing and turning and she looks rather funny truth be told.

You gently say her name.

“Reisen. Hey Reisen.”

There's a slight stirring from her. You try again,

“Reisen. Wake up, you're in my room.”

But the veil of sleep is too great. The girl remains fast asleep. Even after you prod her cautiously, trying to wake her up. There's no real response from her. But on the upside, when she rolls over, you discover that her shirt has a cute anthropomorphized carrot printed on the back, waving placidly.

You think about why she'd even be here. Your narcolepsy theory holds a bit more of water now, but is still too far fetched. She's hugging your pillow, meaning that she either grabs things in her sleep, or lay on your bed deliberately. The implications of the latter are confusing. Real confusing. If she wanted something with you, she had her chance to mention it in the corridor.

There's only one thing to do in this type of situation. Grin and bear it. You let sleeping moon rabbits lie and rustle up a sheet from a storage closet. With the sheet you're able to wrap yourself in the other side of the room. It allows you to try to sleep. It's been an awfully long day, and you are looking forward to ending it.

“Mm... master. It's too big for me... there's no way it'll fit there.” Reisen's sleep talking elicits an uneasy guffaw from you. It's loud and inappropriate in the dead of night, but so is Reisen's mumbling. You try to shut her out and concentrate on sleeping.

Your efforts are rewarded only much later. For the longest while you are subject to Reisen's innuendo-laden sleep talk. The sweet release of slumber blanks everything out for a few hours.

“I see that you didn't follow my advice.”

You're woken up by Eirin's disapproving comment. You open your eyes and witness another example of the half-smile she's been so fond of using lately. She's sitting by your side, looking rather attentive.

“I did. She didn't want to.” You tell her groggily, “Why are you here?”
“Tightness in my chest. I needed to see you.” She teases. “That kiss awoke powerful feelings within me. Just touch my chest if you don't believe me. My heart is beating fast.”

You consider it for a moment. The large and soft-looking bosom is practically welcoming your hand. Her grin tells you that she can see from your face that you're considering it. You probably look like an idiot. She's too good at what she does.

“I'm guessing that you told the princess already?”
“I did.” You sit up.
“Jealousy is an ugly thing. It's much better to share, isn't it?”
“I'm not really in the mood for this. I just woke up.”
“But of course. However, there's another part of you that looks toe be in the mood.” She points at your morning protrusion with no shame, “It's nice to confirm that you're indeed quite healthy.”
“You should know that it's normal then.”
“I do. But I'm flattered all the same at the attention.”
“Get over yourself.” You grumble, rising up to go to the bathroom.

Something's missing.

“Wait, wasn't Reisen here? She was sleeping in my bed.”
“Quite the stud. I may have misjudged you.” She seems to make a mental note.
“You know as well as I do that I mean something else.”
“Fine. I woke her up first. Gave her a chance to cover her shame. Can you believe that she had discarded most of her clothes in her sleep? She was almost completely in the nude when I woke her. Quite something.”
“...I can imagine.” You look at your futon. There's an excited stirring from below.

You don't let yourself get too carried away and take care of morning business. After you wash up, you discover that Eirin is still there, casually humming as she puts away your sheets.

“Why are you doing this?”
“Udongein is busy. It's not that hard to put away these by myself.”
“No, I didn't mean that. Thank you anyways. I mean all of this. What's your endgame?”
“Do I have to have one?”
“It seems like it.”
“Well, I want what's best for the princess.”
“Then why mess with me?”
“Mess with you? Are you propositioning me by chance?” She raises an eyebrow.
“I... you know what, forget it.”

“Come now,” She laughs, putting her hands to her hips, “There's no need to pout. Lighten up, it's not every day someone like me will come into your room in the morning and play around with you.”
“You call this 'playing around'?”
“Maybe we haven't gotten to the playing part just yet.” She winks.

This is almost too much for you.

[] Ditch her and go see Kaguya
[] Bring her to see Kaguya with you
[] Spend some more time with her
[] Help me E Seek refuge from the insanity in the kitchen
-
Yes. She would have been awake had you just gone back.
>>No. 20604
>You recovered quickly from putting your foot in your mouth.
He's getting used to it.


[x] “I have to tell you about something that happened in the clinic...”
Kaguya can sensethings now? Isn't it enough to be an immortal moon princess?
>>No. 20605
>>20604
It's called knowing someone, women's intuition, a lucky guess. Take your pick. Whichever makes more sense to you.
>>No. 20606
>>20605
Makes sense. Also, sorry for the late post.

[x] Help me E Seek refuge from the insanity in the kitchen
Her endgame is to make him leave Entei? No, dones't really hold up. I'm out of ideas then.
>>No. 20607
>>She seems upset. Understandably so. Yet, you can't help but feel that she's taking this better than expected.

Oddly enough, my sentiments exactly.
I'm surprised she didn't kick him out of her room right then and there, but then again clearly there's something more going on...

>>Yes. She would have been awake had you just gone back.

My initial reaction would be the expected "GODDAMN IT" but then I realize such response would only be warranted if something interesting would have happened, and I'm not sure if it's something we would have wanted to happen.

...oh, who the hell am I kidding? Of course we'd want something to happen with the moon-bunny.

Speaking of which...

[] Help me E Seek refuge from the insanity in the kitchen


Might be good to go see Kaguya, but definitely with Eirin in tow. Something weird is going on between them now.
>>“What's Eirin got to do with this?' Her question is curiously laced with some hostility.
>>“She better not be-” She checks herself, “Just go to sleep Shirou.”
>>Her volume drops to a murmur, “It's not me and you I'm worried about.”

Something very weird, indeed...
>>No. 20608
[x] Spend some more time with her

Probably not the winning option, but this is just 'weathering the storm' I think. It needs to be done rather than put off. Frankly, I think Shirou will not escape from it even if he tries to.
>>No. 20609
>>20607
>>Might be good to go see Kaguya, but definitely with Eirin in tow. Something weird is going on between them now.
Gah. I mean not with Eirin in tow.
>>No. 20610
>Yes. She would have been awake had you just gone back.
Get out of my mind!

I am all out of ideas and proposals on what to do.
Spending some time with her here might be useful for finding out what she wants or what is going on.
Seeing Kaguya right now might be a bit too early. Bringing Eirin with you to see her would end in chaos?

Or it could be that everything that we did, including the kiss, and confessing our actions to Kaguya was planned by Eirin. And with staying right here and talking to her or seeing Kaguya we are playing right into her hand. But sometimes it feels like Shirou is a piece just between Eirin and Kaguya. He needs to find a way to get serious and join the game instead of only getting moved around.

[x] Spend some more time with her

I know that it is way too early to play mind games with her, but whatever.
>>No. 20611
[x] Ditch her and go see Kaguya.

What good could possibly come from spending more time with Eirin. Alone. Besides sexy time~
Let's not be wishy-washy here, we already ran to Kaguya the night before. Let's do it again now when it makes more sense.
>>No. 20612
[] Bring her to see Kaguya with you

Eirin is smarter than us and would make us look like retards in front of Kaguya.

[] Spend some more time with her

Kaguya already suspects us of fooling around with Eirin. This probably wouldn't end well.

[] Seek refuge from the insanity in the kitchen

Meeting Reisen would just be awkward after last night. She presumably fell asleep while waiting to have sex with us.

[x] Ditch her and go see Kaguya

Spending more time with Kaguya is always good.
>>No. 20613
[x] Ditch her and go see Kaguya

So far I'm pretty convinced this would be good especially with all the paranoia floating between them.

Kaguya and maybe even Tewi are the only ones that Shirou can really trust for now...
>>No. 20614
If there's a definite winner sometime within the next 20 or so minutes I could probably manage to squeeze out another update. Unfortunately real life prevents me from staying on until much later.

>Of course we'd want something to happen with the moon-bunny.
Anon talks the talk but seldom walks the walk. Whether something interesting would have hapened or not isn't important. Reisen seems fated to be cast away after only a moment's fancy. Maybe one day we'll be able to do things properly with her...

>But sometimes it feels like Shirou is a piece just between Eirin and Kaguya.
A mere piece usually can't influence the players very much.
>>No. 20615
>>20614
Whelp, scratch that then.
>>No. 20616
File 127182016314.gif - (7.51KB, 200x200, 1173973885777.gif) [iqdb]
20616
>>Reisen seems fated to be cast away after only a moment's fancy.

Well, at least she's not alone in that regard.
>>No. 20617
Unfortunately, already voted

>>20616
Been waiting for a proper route for both of them. Oh well.
>>No. 20618
[+] Seek refuge from the insanity in the kitchen
Who am I kidding? The sane vote never wins.
All I know is even I don't put up with psychological warfare like this before breakfast.
>>No. 20619
>>20615
well, fuck if you dont have time now, i cant bring myself to justify running away right now anyways.
[X]Seek refuge from the insanity in the kitchen
>>No. 20620
>>20616
You've no idea how much I wanted to write her route. I admit I was heartbroken that anon moved away from her. Not that I'm unsatisfied with the different route chosen... it's just that it's never easy to leave someone behind.

Mark my words: I will, one way or another, do right by her. No matter how long it may take.
>>No. 20622
File 127183913184.jpg - (167.54KB, 600x847, d3863d3e1a5f725e96a03437445265bc.jpg) [iqdb]
20622
>>20620
>>No. 20624
File 127187377251.jpg - (257.89KB, 716x913, 10037394.jpg) [iqdb]
20624
>>20603
[X] Spend some more time with her

Rather than get needlessly frustrated with Eirin, I'm inclined to indulge her. She came here for a reason that she's yet to reveal, and I'm quite curious as to what it might. I don't see what walking out on her will accomplish; we have a whole day to spend with Kaguya. I'd also like for some coherency. The last couple updates have been very disjointed, and I think it's coming from a minor schism between trying to figure out Eirin's angle and being with Kaguya. If we could only focus on one, I think Shirou's situation will benefit. While time with Kaguya is time well spent, I think whatever is troubling her is intimately linked with Eirin, so I'm leaning that way.
>>No. 20625
>>The last couple updates have been very disjointed, and I think it's coming from a minor schism between trying to figure out Eirin's angle and being with Kaguya. If we could only focus on one, I think Shirou's situation will benefit. While time with Kaguya is time well spent, I think whatever is troubling her is intimately linked with Eirin, so I'm leaning that way.

Ah, but what if Eirin's angle is connected to Shirou's spending time with Kaguya?

She's told him she believes he wouldn't stand up to her, and he did.
She offered herself and/or Reisen in place of Kaguya, and he refused.
Then, we heard her encouraging Reisen to go to "him", and then discover her in Shirou's room.

Now, the good doctor herself has stopped by.
What if this related to something else she accused Shirou of, namely of being incapable of seeing things through to the end?
As much as he might claim to know what he wants, perhaps she thinks his resolve might waver if presented with a more direct form of temptation?
>>No. 20626
>>20624
If Eirin was promised to be anything but layers of cryptic or evasive, I'd agree with you.
>>No. 20627
File 127187974965.jpg - (269.56KB, 1030x512, she gave me crabs.jpg) [iqdb]
20627
No update immediately because I'm feeling a bit crabby. I'll get to it in an hour or two I reckon, after maybe a soothing beer or two. While I'm here I may as well offer a bit of advice, speaking from somewhere in between the omniscient writefag and regular guy parts of my brain (meaning the usual splashes of insanity): Retreating and running away is fun, and often buys one time to regroup and make another push later, but can also lead to a rout. Sure being cut off in enemy territory may suck, but it makes it easier to find juicy targets.

God I'm being too cryptic again, aren't I? It comes from me not wanting to force things.

>>20622
I meant the delicious schoolmarm. Not you. It's never about you.

>>20624
Divide and conquer while focused usually works. It takes a lot of energy though.

>>20625
I love the way you balance insight and crazy. It brings tears to my eyes. Tewi would probably have a lot to say about that theory. To be fair, it would be as much truth as it was outright trolling.

>>20626
>If Eirin was promised to be anything but layers of cryptic or evasive
You see, this is where you're wrong, she has other layers. Layers of pure love and others of good mentoring. Hard to tell which is which sometimes.
>>No. 20628
>>20627
You may as well leave this open for more than 2 hours.
People might change their minds.
>>No. 20629
File 127188283276.jpg - (110.75KB, 432x648, 3ea45ae4c0a83eb69d1bb496f1a7a844.jpg) [iqdb]
20629
>>20627
>>No. 20630
FFFFFFFF-
now i don't want to run and have breakfast so much. Also, fuck you Teru.
But yeah, even if it's against what the writefag seems to be saying, i'll still hold my position in >>20619 because i think we're better off having breakfast and being a man, ignoring what Reisen did last night, rather than being easy prey for whatever Eirin has planned right now in our sleepy state.

Not that i'd ever think the good doctor would be capable of doing us any wrong!
>>No. 20631
[X]Seek refuge from the insanity in the kitchen

shit's too early, food...

I would at least so I wouldn't allow hunger to warp my thinking
>>No. 20632
In before Eirin cooked our breakfast already.Enjoy your gelatinous cube pancakes.
>>No. 20633
>>20632
that would be shit scary. I would feel like Eirin is trying too hard...
Do you feel stalked, anon?
>>No. 20634
File 127189018214.gif - (81.37KB, 100x100, cosgrove.gif) [iqdb]
20634
Most of the choices I present cannot be objectively classified as 'good' or 'bad', just 'different'. Yes, even some of the stupid-sounding ones. This is because I trust that in the long run things move in a certain direction with purpose. Failing that, I hope for sound reasoning at the time to justify whatever. The opposite is true; Perfectly good choices are ruined by shoddy thinking and lack of long-term direction.

Why do I mention this? Because I am annoyed. Some may say pissed off. Judging from what I've seen here, some of you seem to have strange ideas about what constitutes good thinking and a proper direction. Backpedaling and changing attitudes from one moment to the other does not help. It leads to things like 'despair', '[x] lake', and so forth. It falls upon you to take a decision and stick by it, not getting distracted by momentary setbacks or shiny things (indeed it's the 'ooohhh shiny thing!' kind of thinking that causes a lot of the problems in the short term). I can and do write around a lot of this sort of thing, but I'm asking that those of you spouting vacuous (and contradictory) statements like, forgive me for paraphrasing, "being a man is important, so let's run away" or "let's play her game but then back off because the rules are so darn hard" to think through just what exactly you're doing. Maybe you'll realize the absurdity of that line of reasoning. None of the characters in this story are schizophrenics and you should not treat them as such.

We're at a point in the story, in the history of this site, that these once easily overlooked shortcomings are just way too exhaustive and fatal. In the two years here, there have been only a handful of stories and authors that managed to finish. For something that takes this much investment in time and energy (from reader and writer alike), there seems to be little in the way of reward.

In essence what I'm asking is: Set on your paths. Stop living in the moment, like someone with no memory. Even our once mess of a protagonist has picked his path. Don't steer things in the wrong direction out of shortsightedness.
>>No. 20635
>>20634
on the short term, i thought we were over with whatever Eirin wanted by standing up to her.
also, FUCK YEAH Sgt. Cosgrove!!
>>No. 20636
>>20634
All I can say of myself is that I've not questioned the actions I've tried to push Shirou on with since the start of second run. That doesn't mean they always lead the tally; or, that they are the correct choices given the situation; only that they've been consistent.

To provide weak global defense, you're the only one who knows how any given vote impacts the whole of the game. I don't think I was the only one surprised when you mentioned that one of our earlier decisions - to test a drug for Eirin - was silently continuing to accrue rep points or whatever you want to call them. A second thing I might suggest is that some readers don't know where they are in the story; any direction they have makes nonsense because they are confused about their narrative location. What kind of heuristic are we intended to follow with the options?

I admit, these may be my projected concerns only.
>>No. 20637
>>20636
that opens up a lot of things. I actually thought, a couple (some, a lot, whatever) options ago that we were right at the end of the story, that we were on the final straight, but here I am now trying to steer this thing in such a way consistent with our (supposed) motto of "stay on target". Trying to relegate Eirin to a lesser priority is just part of this... cruel isn't it?
Not that i expect to represent anyone, but i sometimes have a hard time trying to adapt from what i WANTED Shirou to do into what he ACTUALLY DID given the vote tally.
So yeah, having untold personalities into one mind syndrome is not easy.
But since we're doing so well, and ALL of your choices are interesting, what's to cry about? This is a new day, we should be able to decide our new daily objectives by ourselves.
>>No. 20640
>>20634
I was puzzled by this, because >>20627 was so positive, and then I counted the vote and realized
>Find our beloved Kaguya
3 votes
>Figure out what Eirin wants
3 votes
>Stick our head in the sand and run away to the kitchen
5 votes

Unless I am completely misunderstanding something, Teruyo seems to be under duress because anon has picked the silly option over making gains on some of the significant plot points we have developing. On the one hand, we promised to go see Kaguya, and she seemed awfully apprehensive about Eirin's behavior:
>“This, going to her room earlier. Eirin herself. And what she- I don't know what to make of all of this. I'm just glad that it hasn't gotten way out of hand. We can talk some more about this tomorrow. Right now, I want to be left alone.”
>“Sure. I will. I hope this proves that I'm serious about not having any secrets between us.”
>“It does.” Her volume drops to a murmur, “It's not me and you I'm worried about.”

Also,
>Kaguya didn't yell, nor condemn you but she did seem excited in a bad way. She cared more about what Eirin did than what you did.

On the other hand, is this in fact a more advanced version of our confrontation last night? "Back down" or "confront her?" Does walking away prove our commitment to Kaguya, or does it prove we can't "stand up" to Eirin when she decides to play with us?
It's a matter of perspective, I do believe. Staying with Eirin and "playing" will probably be just the right amount of innocuous and innuendo that typically drives us up the wall interpreting. But with all these overt references to our morning wood and making mention of Reisen's state of undress, she's clearly gearing us towards the realm of the naughty. I'm not really feeling like I must respectfully decline, in no state to be "playing around," prior obligations, kinda creeped out about being woken up by someone that decided to wander into our room ("for the sake of her assistant"), etc.
[x] Ditch her and go see Kaguya

deleted my last version of this to talk a little more about the decision, hence sage.
>>No. 20641
>>20607 here, and changing my vote to

[X] Ditch her and go see Kaguya


After consideration, I suppose retreat would not accomplish much, however I'm not sure if we're quite up to dealing with a fight on two fronts just yet. Though dealing with the target right in front of us is certainly the more direct approach, if we can deal with the more friendly force first, we can prevent ourselves from becoming trapped in a pincer attack.

Plus, again, with the way Eirin is behaving I'm really not sure bringing her along would really help clarify things any. Especially considering something she just said...

>>“Jealousy is an ugly thing. It's much better to share, isn't it?”

As curious as I am to know just who is supposedly the jealous one, and what (or rather, who) exactly she is suggesting be shared, I am for some reason far more occupied by the (impossible) mental image of Eirin and Kaguya fighting over Shirou in some strange Lunarian-equivalent of mud wrestling.
>>No. 20642
>>20636
It is indeed true that I'm the only one that knows how each choice affects the narrative. I also know that sometimes the choices are unintuitive and their consequences unforeseeable (not just in the long term, but in the short term as well - like meeting with someone by chance). I try not to go overboard with the surprise element. That said, quite a bit is influenced by what is said by readers and how. Whether it's a write in or a comment, I take it into consideration. It reflects mainly on who the protagonist is and what he wants. Furthermore, a lot of the 'rep' and 'affection' things were just to more or less determine in which direction the story would go. They're largely gone, at least the mechanical aspect of them, and the tendency would be to solidify the various relationships that have been built up.

To your second point I'd repeat something I think I've said before; There is a strong emphasis on relationships in this story. I don't think I have to spell out what it is motivates the protagonist right now. From the early comments about lasting friendship (and begging to not be let out of the loop) to the declarations of love and escapades, the focus has been centered on the same person. What you should base your underlying principles on when choosing is how to further advance this relationship with both her and the people that are close with her. This doesn't mean that every choice should be the direct and narrow approach with only dealing with her. It boils down to being able to overcome all obstacles and hurdles while forming a stable relationship with who you want. Deciding what to do with whom. There is much reward in mollifying everyone and dealing with their issues as well.

I'm not sure if my answer will allay your concerns. I certainly did not mean you specifically when I wrote my previous post. What I brought up was not just regarding this last vote but, for example, some of the reasoning during the excursion with Kaguya. The focus there was Kaguya, and her feelings (along with yours), not the surroundings themselves (hence why there was no 'real' advantage gained in staying at the shrine instead of an inn, nor was it important to go on a tangent and get a bike - how you interacted with her and what you accomplished in the character relationship deparment was what mattered).

I may as well reiterate what I meant succinctly for those that read this post: There is nothing toxic about any of the choices. What is bothersome is consatantly departing from lines of advancement on what seems to be a whim.

I realize, it's not everyone. But it's a general statement with specific applications in this situation. Our little autocratic democracy functions better when we have purpose.

>under duress because anon has picked the silly option
More like because it feels like the intent is to run away rather than just rally and organize thoughts.

I know it turns people off when I say stuff like this, but I sure as hell would appreciate it if more writers were forthright in the stories I read. I don't know, you could all just tell me to politely shut up and that would also be fine.
>>No. 20643
File 127190117277.jpg - (343.42KB, 536x1629, tough cookies.jpg) [iqdb]
20643
>>20641
Only saw this after I posted and have to say something about
>I am for some reason far more occupied by the (impossible) mental image of Eirin and Kaguya fighting over Shirou in some strange Lunarian-equivalent of mud wrestling.

Mainly that nothing is impossible. They are both determined women. Both have done some pretty outlandish things in their lifetimes. Something I wrote from Kaguya's POV long ago is relevant here, showing that something like distrust is possible even amongst the closest of friends and allies.

I am also thinking of Duran Duran's music video for "Girls on Film". I hope that you are too.
>>No. 20644
[X] Ditch her and go see Kaguya

Staying on target and such.

>>20642

It goes without saying that writer-reader communication is a good thing, and I think you're doing a good job with it. Personally, I enjoy seeing messages like this from writers, even if they aren't put there to praise the voters. If you've got a concern, by all means, go for it.

Really, guys, shouldn't we be focusing on Kaguya right now? What good is spending time with Eirin going to do at this point? If anything, it'll just sour the relationships that already exist; whether it spurs on fighting between Kaguya and Eirin or Kaguya and us, it's not going to help. I'm not trying to hate on Eirin here, I'm just as fond of her as the next anon, but I think it's reasonable to say that the routelock happened way too long ago to change trains now. As nice as it would be to spend more time with Eirin, is now really the time to worry about that when Kaguya's waiting for us? If Kaguya is as worried about Eirin stealing us away as we theorize she is, then what kind of message is it going to send to her if we ditch her for Eirin?

Think hard, and do what you honestly think is best. I don't personally like all this wacky social stuff about undertones and implied meanings, but I accept that people are affected by these sorts of things.

Damn, I'm probably going off-course in some way or another, but just think about how your choices affect the situation and the people around you, okay? Also, priorities. High ones.
>>No. 20645
>Really, guys, shouldn't we be focusing on Kaguya right now? What good is spending time with Eirin going to do at this point?
I stand with my initial thought that staying with Eirin will bring light in the current situation. I don't know if it will reveal her motives or motivation in doing things or even sehd light into her plan on how to deal with Shirou. It just might prove useful. I don't really want to get try to get closer to Eirin or something like that.
Either Eirin has already planned all our steps ahead or it is just me paranoid.

And about the thing that Kaguya is jealouse of us spending time with Eirin, that is probably not the thing here. It would just be too cheap, like out of a third rate story.

>I know it turns people off when I say stuff like this, but I sure as hell would appreciate it if more writers were forthright in the stories I read. I don't know, you could all just tell me to politely shut up and that would also be fine.
I don't mind it. As long as it is not your emo mode posts
>>No. 20646
[x] Ditch her and go see Kaguya
>>No. 20647
Well i'm sorry, i thought there weren't any silly options here (coolface.jpg)
The way I saw it, going to the kitchen was just a chance to wake up properly and gather our thoughts before getting on with the day, but seeing as this isn't the case, I'm changing >>20619 [X]Seek refuge from the insanity in the kitchen
into:
[x] Ditch her and go see Kaguya
not deleting because eh...
>>No. 20648
i am going to, for no other reason than that i can, go with
[X]Seek refuge from the insanity in the kitchen
>>No. 20657
File 127199236158.jpg - (337.48KB, 1000x1197, class valedictorian.jpg) [iqdb]
20657
Sorry about the lack of updates. A combination of laziness and real life stuff has inhibited any writing attempts. I will get on it after dealing with some commitments on my end. So, earliest 4 hours or so from now, most likely: 12 hours more (after sleep).

I leave you with something quite delectable.
>>No. 20658
>>20657
it's okay, we've been waiting warmly for a while.
Also, is this some kind of Pro-Eirin campaign?
>>No. 20659
File 127206010841.jpg - (182.02KB, 627x925, no such thing as behavior-altering drugs.jpg) [iqdb]
20659
I'm going at it and despite delays I guess it should be done within the 1-2 hour time frame.

>>20658
No. If I wanted to 'subtly' influence things I'd stick subliminal messages into my writing again. Works like a charm.
>>No. 20660
File 127207118121.png - (280.11KB, 461x594, kecs.png) [iqdb]
20660
“I think I'll be going now.” You wave to her, hand flapping around unenthusiastically, “Thank you for the sheets and all. I appreciate it.”

You watch as she frowns, looking maybe just a little bit hurt by your obvious ploy to get away. It makes you hesitate somewhat. You wave dumbly a bit longer. Until you realize that she might just be playing with you again. Or, worse still, that you may be sending mixed signals. Your resolve hardens quickly enough to prevent you from doing anything else stupid.

“See you later.” You check over your shoulder more than once, confident that Eirin would be trotting a few paces behind you after taking a corner. Her absence makes you feel guilty, and you think of her big sad puppy dog eyes. Sure, she didn't actually look like that at the time, but that's nothing your conscience can't fix for you.

“Geez! Don't you ever knock?!”

“Ah, sorry.” You're standing in the middle of Kaguya's room. You've surprised her coming from the adjoining chamber and made her drop a magazine she was carrying. “Didn't mean to startle you.”

“Sure. I wouldn't put it past you to try.” She frowns, stooping to pick up the magazine. It landed open at an angle, and the pages got creased; she tries to straighten them by closing the magazine properly. She scowls at the obvious failure of her attempt, “What if I had been getting dressed? You should think about that.”

“Oh, you're insufferable!” She pouts, reddening. Your wide grin and sparkling eyes betray your thoughts all too well (that and what could be a bit of drool in the corner of your mouth). Soft delicates cupping and pressing up in all the right spots, acting like a layer of forbidden goodies; Lace adorning and highlighting the girlish figure underneath. Anyone would smile at the thought, and some would kill for a chance to see it. You might be counted in the later category, you realize with a toothy grimace.

“Well, you're the one that told me to think about it.” Your clever mouth doesn't win any points with the princess. It's when she starts to look angry that you decide not to stretch your luck too thin. You apologize again, “Sorry. I was just distracted and came in without thinking. I usually do knock. Like last night and other times.”

“Right. So you do.” She calms down a bit, though she still looks adorably worked up. The temptation to walk up to her and give her another kiss is all to great. The thought that she would get even more distressed with that makes the lecherous grin return in full force. She notices it, and gets direct, “So, what do you want?”

“What, I can't come here and see you just because? Seeing your face brings me joy and puts me at ease. Does there really have to be any other reason?”
“No, I suppose not...”
“Of course not.” You change that perverted grin to something more empathetic, something which could only be done by someone who has spent a lot of time around Eirin. It's not for a disingenuous reason either, it's because you want to make her feel comfortable, “I've told you before, you're the most important person in my life.”

“Oh spare me the mush. Puh-leaze.”

You turn around just in time to see a flash of pink disappear in to the hallway. You're not sure from the little you saw but... you think that Tewi now has a tattoo on her arm. Or a patch. Or something.

“Comments from the peanut gallery are annoying.” You mumble, getting up to close the door. “How long was she there for?”
“I don't know. I didn't see her until she ran away.”
“Figured. So, how did you sleep? You seemed tired last night. You look well-rested.”
“So-so. Had a lot to think about.”
“Any of that thinking about how much of a catch I was?”
“Yes, actually.” She smiles. You do as well. But she just sets you up, “I thought of how you're like a catch during a red tide.”
“Now that's just hurtful.” You sigh, smiling bitterly. She giggles.

The mood is better now. If Kaguya is feeling well enough to make jabs at you, it's not nearly as bad as it could be.

“Look, I realize that what we talked about last night wasn't the best late-night conversational topic... but I say these things without thinking that much sometimes.”
“I've noticed.”
“Yeah.” You're a bit embarrassed about it. As you usually are in retrospect. It seems that with her, most of the bombshells come late at night. It's unfair on her. And you'll recognize that she's behaved amazingly, more than that even. “I don't want to complicate things between us.”
“You seem to do a good job at that despite supposedly not wanting to.”
“I'm sorry. I really don't mean to.”
“I believe you – for the most part.” She sits down at her table, looking a tad anxious. You can tell by the way that her eyebrows twitch ever so slightly and her mouth curls up a bit in a cute half-pout.
“I want to know if we're okay?”
“Okay as what?” Her lips quiver and puff some more.
“As us, of course.”

She closes her eyes. Her brow wrinkles ever so slightly, upsetting the symmetry of her forehead. You don't know if she's upset because of you, or more likely, something else altogether.

“And just are we? What do you think we are?”

She should know the answer. You've told her over and over. Not directly; Your relationship is implied by your words and your actions. That might be the problem. If she's insecure, then so are you. You've had your one-sided declarations and expositions, but haven't heard anything back from her in that same vein. Actions speak louder than words – if that's true, then she has replied already.

“Well Shirou?” She asks again without opening her eyes, her face as peaceful as the calm before a storm, “Just what are we to each other?”

[] “Whatever you want us to be.”
[] “Lovers. Connected by more than just friendship.”
[] “You're you and I'm me.”
-
...or more than two hours. Sorry.
>>No. 20661
Jeez, yeah, we have been pretty straightforward with the whole "defining the relationship" topic, but i think that we have been even more enthusiastical about pushing the matter forward, without equivalent response. I guess there's no point in backing up now is there?

[X] “Lovers. Connected by more than just friendship.”

Cornier than Khorne in a Korn concert in Cornfield, USA, and cornier than that horrible sentence just there. I hope we (I) don't get hell because of this.
>>No. 20662
Eirin is hurt. Now I am too.

[X] “Lovers. Connected by more than just friendship.”
>>No. 20663
[X] “Lovers. Connected by more than just friendship. At least, if that's okay with you.”

Obvious choice, but with a slight addition that makes it sound a bit less like we're assuming that she's okay with whatever we say.
>>No. 20664
[x] “Lovers. Connected by more than just friendship.”

I believe it, but I wonder if we're going to make liars out of ourselves so soon after
>“I don't want to complicate things between us.”
>“You seem to do a good job at that despite supposedly not wanting to.”
>“I'm sorry. I really don't mean to.”
I'd like to think

However,
>Actions speak louder than words – if that's true, then she has replied already.
>>20451
In but an instant – one that seemed much faster than the blink of an eye – she had taken action. Tiptoeing and leaning in to make up the height difference, she holds your head steady with an arm wrapped around the back of your neck. She's kissing you. She instigates the action and follows through, her sweat taste permeating on your lips. This happens so quickly and so unexpectedly that you don't even have time to close your eyes – you watch the spectacle with disbelieving eyes.

Good enough for me. Also,
>“Well Shirou?” She asks again without opening her eyes, her face as peaceful as the calm before a storm, “Just what are we to each other?”
If she's going to say it like that, we may as well give her a typhoon.
>>No. 20665
[X] “Lovers. Connected by more than just friendship.”
>>No. 20666
[X] “Lovers. Connected by more than just friendship.”
>>No. 20669
I somehow get this nagging feeling that the whole option of [] “Lovers. Connected by more than just friendship.” is something like us living out some sort of fantasy that we thrust into reality. Somehow. It's what makes sense to me so far from what I can see.

[] “Whatever you want us to be.”
I don't like this either. Sure, a possible pro is leaving the heavy choices to the female, but then you have the con of being indecisive, something we have gotten burnt by before. Take the pro of never needing to commit with the con of never willing to commit. Don't like it.

>> [] “You're you and I'm me.”
Waxing philosophical with this one is more or less the safe route, and I'm not just voting this option to go against the flow. I really think that when we can define the entities and the goals, then those goals can be attained, and after 16 threads of not establishing them, maybe later is better than never.
>>No. 20670
>>20669
No, I do get your point. The last option is philosophically-inclined if worded and built upon correctly. It can also be rendered into a less-than-elegant simplistic response. In other words, I can't tell if the option leans towards that or is WYSIWYG. Either way, could we also pull the same trick just under half of Eientei has been pulling on us - verbal ambiguity - and not get called out for it?

I suppose against the currently prevailing vote changing it for hopeful preference over substance is fine.
[+] "You're you and I'm me."
>>No. 20671
>>20670
>>20669
i SORT of get your points, if what you're trying to pull out is a response to the question "Just what are we to each other", in the way of "You're you, to me, and I'm me, to you." sort of implying that we wont lose ourselves to her and that we value her for what she is, independently of us and YEAH, YOU GET THE POINT. Anyways, i've never been sure up to what point do we mould the choices given to our interpretation, and since this story doesn't seem to want to conclude, i assume we have to put more resolution from our part, hence, i stand by my choice of (lol) declaring our undying love for Kaguya.
>>No. 20672
[x] “Whatever you want us to be.”
May as well try from a different approach.
>>No. 20673
I don't think it's possible that Kaguya doesn't know what (how) we think of her. At this point, wouldn't it be prudent to remind her that the main point is, no matter what, we want to stay with her?
>>No. 20674
[X] “Lovers. Connected by more than just friendship.”

Though I worry this might be a tad presumptuous, the other two options seem more vague and dodging the issue, and she is asking a very direct question about what Shirou thinks.

Whether his assessment is confirmed or smashed to pieces after this, at least the two of them will know exactly where he stands on the issue.
>>No. 20675
“What we are should be obvious by now.”The whirlwind of thought is calmed as you pick your answer. You show no hesitation, from what she can probably tell, “We are lovers. Connected by more than just friendship.”

'Connected by red string of fate' You think with the giddiness of a high school girl thinking about love. And for a moment it seems like you're going to giggle and make eyes at her, but you manage to control yourself. It's better to be manly and cool when talking about these matters, you reckon.

The anxiety on her face melts away and the wrinkled brow straightens. She smiles, looking as if she expected a reply along those lines from you. She speaks, without opening her eyes, “We're lovers then. All of a sudden and without any real reason.”

“I think there's plenty of reason.” You recall the past few days, “We've certainly played the part, carrying about like a couple wherever we went. We've shared moments,some intimate. We've kissed, and it's felt binding.”

“You've kissed Eirin as well. Doesn't that also make you lovers?”
“I don't know what I am to Eirin or what she is to me. Someone I know? Someone who makes my life more interesting, for better or worse?” You shake your head, feeling the weight of the Lunarian's attitude all over again. “I just know that it's different from what we have.”
“It's a good thing that you get to unilaterally decide these things, isn't it?” Kaguya opens her eyes. Her gaze sends a breeze of ambiguity in your direction. “A lover and a mistress... enviable from what I understand. Or maybe I'm omitting a few others... a harem then.”
“It's nothing like that.” You defend yourself. “What I feel towards you is genuine and different. You can't tell me that you don't feel it too.”

You're aware that your words, as sincere as they may be, might ring hollow to her. Regardless, you don a meaningful smile, sending a gust of earnest sentiment her way. She seems inclined towards believing you, but you can tell she has reservations.

“What do you think we have?” You turn the question around on her.
“Something. I don't know if I could say that we're 'lovers' just yet though.” She states calmly.
“'Just yet'?” You smirk. “So we're on the right path after all.”
“Don't get too excited. I don't know what the right path is. So there's no way of telling.”
“Well, we can't be wrong if you're not rejecting me or what I say.”
“Maybe I'm just thinking about it real hard. What now?”

You look at her, trying to gage whether she's serious or teasing. There's no smirk or smile, but there's no granite detachment either. It's a lucky guess in either case, “I'd probably have to persuade you to give us a chance.” You look into her eyes, “I really am smitten with you, my dear princess.”

“Is this where I call you a 'worthless peasant' and have you removed from my presence?”
“Preferably not. That wouldn't be very nice.”
“But it's what princesses are supposed to do, right?”She raises an eyebrow, maybe in a teasing manner.
“I wouldn't know, you're the first I've met.” Operative word 'met', not 'heard of'. Your view on authoritarian nobility is best kept to yourself and your computer.
“Then don't go there.”
“Sorry Your Grace.”
“That's not it either!”
“Lady Houraisan?”
“I know why you're doing this, and it's not working.”
“Then why are you all red in the face? I'd say it's working just fine, Ka-gu-ya~”

She clams up, puffing her cheeks in irritation. Your capacity to push her buttons is a useful talent. It can break the ice when needed.

Except, of course, when she throws you into the middle of a glacier equipped with nothing but a spade.

Like now.

“So tell me, lover,” Hers is a wicked smile, a vengeful and cruel thing borne out of your relentless pushing, “what is it about me that you like? What attracts you?”
“Err – what attracts you to me?”
“Who says I'm attracted to you at all?” Her reply is hurtful. You know you brought it on yourself, but it still hurts, “I'm asking you, so that I can know if you've got your head screwed on right. I don't want to waste time with a lover,” She keeps emphasizing the word, like she's trying to dilute the meaning, “that is really after me for all the wrong reasons.”

And so does her most gracious royal highness insist, “Speak up then my lover. You wouldn't want me to suspect that this is all just a tasteless joke, now would you?”

[] “I like you for being you, there's nothing else.”
[] “You make me feel good.”
[] You shouldn't have to explain yourself to her
[] Other
>>No. 20676
[X] Everything. There isn't a thing I don't love.
>>No. 20677
>[] “I like you for being you, there's nothing else.”
this one would go more in line with the last option. Its a no-hassle answer, for our late no-hassle straightforward attitude. Still a bit corny.
[] “You make me feel good.”
Feels good man. But no, really, this one's the one that basically puts us as a hormonal opportunist, thats what i feel at least.
[] You shouldn't have to explain yourself to her
I WOULD go with this except we've been giving her what she wants till now. Suddenly taking a spin for a more robust and independent attitude might serve for interesting results, yes?

just discussing for now, maybe we can come up with something better thats not overtly long winded.
>>No. 20678
[x] “I like you for being you, there's nothing else.”

Both got along well enough before ever having laid eyes upon each other. Keep it simple.
>>No. 20679
[X] “I like you for being you, there's nothing else.”

I'm not really feeling this choice, but I can't think of a decent write-in at the moment, so it'll have to do.
>>No. 20680
>>20679
i feel the 1st one is pretty decent and concise, but maybe its too flattering. What are we trying to transmit anyways?
We know that we DON'T want to transmit pure animal lust, insecureness and unquestioning submission. So how do we transmit these higher emotions, this bravado, while not being arrogant?
>>No. 20681
This is such a weird conversation to be having. Of course we 'like' her. I think we 'like' everyone in Eientei, in their own special way. But we only love Kaguya.

[x] Other: "'What attracts me to you?' Well that's simple: you're my bwest bwuddy in the world, of course. You're also gorgeous, intelligent, and you have an impeccable taste in video games. You happen to look pretty good in poofy red pants and suspenders, which is a plus. You call me out on my idiocy, but you have the patience of saint to deal with my late night visits without fail. You have an uncanny sense when it comes to gift giving, which I think is all to rare in this or any other world. You're kind and caring, almost to a fault. You're easy to tease, easier to kidnap, and a great kisser. You also brought me here and basically saved me from myself. Thank you, by the way. I don't thank you enough for doing that, but I really should. All that and more is why I like you; what attracts me to you. But why I love you? I don't know why. I only know I do."

Started writing and didn't stop. The "kind and caring" thing might seem weird, considering the situation she's putting us in at the moment, but I'm remembering her insistence in wanting to send us away to protect us. That obviously wasn't an easy decision for her, but she did it with our wellbeing in mind.
>>No. 20682
Well, there we go, siding with:
[x]>>20681 this one
since it expands on the first post's points while defeating the first option's lameness, so, thank you good sir, it's what i was waiting for!
>>No. 20683
>>20676 here, changing vote to

[x] Other: "'What attracts me to you?' Well that's simple: you're my bwest bwuddy in the world, of course. You're also gorgeous, intelligent, and you have an impeccable taste in video games. You happen to look pretty good in poofy red pants and suspenders, which is a plus. You call me out on my idiocy, but you have the patience of saint to deal with my late night visits without fail. You have an uncanny sense when it comes to gift giving, which I think is all to rare in this or any other world. You're kind and caring, almost to a fault. You're easy to tease, easier to kidnap, and a great kisser. You also brought me here and basically saved me from myself. Thank you, by the way. I don't thank you enough for doing that, but I really should. All that and more is why I like you; what attracts me to you. But why I love you? I don't know why. I only know I do."
>>No. 20684
I'm pretty much going with the write in here. Because I like it. A slight modification here and there maybe. Update sometime in the not too distant future along with a new thread.
>>No. 20685
[x] Other: "'What attracts me to you?' Well that's simple: you're my bwest bwuddy in the world, of course. You're also gorgeous, intelligent, and you have an impeccable taste in video games. You happen to look pretty good in poofy red pants and suspenders, which is a plus. You call me out on my idiocy, but you have the patience of saint to deal with my late night visits without fail. You have an uncanny sense when it comes to gift giving, which I think is all to rare in this or any other world. You're kind and caring, almost to a fault. You're easy to tease, easier to kidnap, and a great kisser. You also brought me here and basically saved me from myself. Thank you, by the way. I don't thank you enough for doing that, but I really should. All that and more is why I like you; what attracts me to you. But why I love you? I don't know why. I only know I do."

This should do the job. Sounds like it is coming straight from the heart.
>>No. 20686
I feel like adding "My eternity is yours" somewhere along the line, but I don't know where it'd fit, if it'd fit at all.
>>No. 20687
File 127218901461.jpg - (193.21KB, 1200x1708, P_003.jpg) [iqdb]
20687
>>No. 20688
File 127218908586.jpg - (234.95KB, 1200x1708, P_004.jpg) [iqdb]
20688
[Return][Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x