-  [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return][Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject  (Reply to 19677)
Message
Captcha
File
Password (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM, WEBP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 126620951892.jpg - (8.94KB, 150x150, tewi.jpg) [iqdb]
19677No. 19677
Black...

It's been like this for who knows how long, but you soon come to and find yourself laying on the ground, dust covering your robes. You remember that you are a mage...well a freelancing apprentice as you have yet no teacher. Even so, your spells are elementary at best, not enough to truly take down anything of significant strength. All you truly know is some cantrips, elementary telekinetic abilities, and some danmaku.

You remember being mugged by some unsavory fellows, tossed out here in the Bamboo Forest as a cruel...and quite possibly deadly joke. In fact, you wonder why nothing has eaten you yet!

Still, you are lost in a foreboding place with nothing but a few magical tricks and a knife. Everything else was taken from you though, making things seem rather disheartening.

Then she comes...

You have heard of these strange youkai, and aren't immediately frightened as they can be friendly at times. Still you are cautious as a mysterious earth bunny bounds up to you. You are amazed that an earth rabbit even would present itself to you!

Before you can even question your circumstances, the bunny bows and says, “Greetings poor downtrodden human! Are you tired of bad luck, misfortune, and all around miserable outcomes? Well lucky you, I've decided to take time out of my busy evening to be the first to offer you Tewi's Inaba's Fortune Services!”

She notes the most likely confused expression very quickly, and before you can even answer, she says, “You look like someone who dabbles with magic no? Well then you happen to catch me at a good time. I have on me some top notch magical scrolls that you might be interested in. I can also find a way out of the Bamboo Forest for you! But there's a price to pay for my generous services, and seeing as you have no money most likely...”

She thinks for a moment, and even as you watch, you are just completely baffled and awestruck at the situation. Going from being beaten to talking with eccentric magical bunnies; well you are a mage. It's almost guaranteed you will come across odd things in your studies.

Tewi snaps her fingers as an idea pops in her head and says, “A favor! Nothing too bad, just a simple favor! What do you say?”

You finally get over the shock and suddenness of the situation and reply:

[ ] Alright; what did you have in mind?

[ ] A favor? Hm...I'm not sure

[ ] I can find my own way out thank you
>>No. 19678
[ø] A favor? Hm...I'm not sure
-[ø] What favor would this be?
if write-ins are not allowed, disregard the addon.
>>No. 19680
[x] Alright; what did you have in mind?
PLOT
>>No. 19681
[x] Alright; what did you have in mind?

Not exactly in the best position.
>>No. 19682
[X] Alright; what did you have in mind?

Trust the lucky rabbit~
At the least, she won't kill us...I hope.
>>No. 19683
[x] Alright; what did you have in mind?

In Tewi we trust.
>>No. 19685
>>19678 (Write ins are allowed as long as they are similar to the original choices)

Tewi smiled brightly and said, “Well then, here's my proposition: there's a woman who lives in these woods who has lots and lots of papers, scrolls, what have you. But what she really has that I want is a vial of glowing pink stuff! See she stole it from a friend of mine, and I really need it back!”

She bounds up to you and says, “I'll even throw in a little...bonus...if you can also get one of her hairs. She spends the day in the Human Village, but you don't look like a local, so you wouldn't know her. She's got a blue dress, a square hat, and silver hair. Trust me, you'll know her when you see her but don't let her see you!”

You mention that you are in a magical bamboo forest that makes travel through it incredibly difficult. Tewi giggles and says, “Oh don't worry about that! I got some magic here in my pocket that will help you! You can borrow it for now; it'll keep you from getting lost, and all you have to do is wish you were at the desired location in the forest and...well you'll get there!”

She hands you (not surprisingly) a carrot. It doesn't look like anything at first but upon closer inspection, your sensitivity to magic reveals there is magic in the carrot.

Tewi hops up onto a smaller stalk of bamboo and says, “Well then I'm off now! Toodles!” Before you can say anything or ask how to reach her, she just bounds off into the forest, her childish laughter echoing across the mythical bamboo reeds before finally silencing.

It is assumed that you are dedicated to the task, and knowing your previous bad luck, you dare not test a manipulator of such things and leave the forest. So you use the carrot's magic as a compass, finding your way to a small hermit hut out in the middle of nowhere. There's nothing particularly special about it to the naked eye, but you do sense some magic harbored in this place. This does not concern you much; you notice lots of magic everywhere!

You note that the time of day is noon and assume she is not home (even though you could be very well wrong). Still Tewi told you she spends her time in the Human Village. After approaching the humble abode you are left with a choice concerning your course of action.

Do you:

[ ] Simply open the door: you have a spell that opens doors

[ ] Go through the window

[ ] Look around the home to see if anything is there

[ ] Climb up onto the roof and go down the chimney
>>No. 19687
[ ] Simply open the door: you have a spell that opens doors

Practical, but probably not the best course of action. Especially if we might be planning on enlisting help to find Keine. Or just getting more information.

[ ] Go through the window

Woe to us, if the owner of the hut happens to be home after all.

[x] Look around the home to see if anything is there.

Maybe we'll attract the owner's attention. We might look a little suspicious, but it's better than barging in. In any case, it seems the least offensive.

[ ] Climb up onto the roof and go down the chimney

Wat.
>>No. 19688
>>19687
Always nice to have a silly choice in the mix
>>No. 19689
[x] Climb up onto the roof and go down the chimney

Best choice.
>>No. 19691
>>19689

Oh god no, I've got to stop this!

[x] Look around the home to see if anything is there.
>>No. 19692
[x] Climb up onto the roof and go down the chimney

Ho ho ho
>>No. 19695
[x] Knock the door because you aren't an oblivious faggot.
>>No. 19697
[x] Try knocking on the door.

The best spies hide in plain sight. Even better if we can confirm nobody's home.
>>No. 19700
Okay so we're tied 2 and 2 and 2...next vote lest it go to the other choice will be the tie breaker
>>No. 19701
[x] Try knocking on the door.

Plain sight, etc.
>>No. 19702
[x] Climb up onto the roof and go down the chimney
>>No. 19703
[x] Look around the home to see if anything is there.

We were told not to be seen. Going through the front door is just asking for it; going in through the chimney is even more blatant. I'd say going through the window is best choice, but I'd rather break the tie.
>>No. 19704
[x] Try knocking on the door.

I thought Keine lived in the village, if at the edge of it.
>>No. 19706
>>19704 (It'll make sense)
You knock...

Nothing at first...but then you hear a strange shuffling coming from the chimney, and you notice a presence you didn't magically feel earlier. By the strength of it, you feel as though this person was hiding it but now was making herself apparent.

Better yet the aura is distinct: human yes, but very powerful. Upon further inspection as the person gets to the door, you sense the residue of fire magic.

A woman opens the door covered in soot; however you can tell she has silver hair. You do not see the previously mentioned hat. Instead you see a real tomboy with toned arms that still give off a feminine vibe, a soot covered tank top, work pants, and bright fiery eyes.

She looks confused, blinking a few times as though you looked like some strange ghoul. Then she composes herself and says, “Hello there; I must have been distracted while I was working. Otherwise I would have sensed you.”

Wondering how she was able to do her work so silently, you set it aside feeling she must have had some magic for that. She smiles politely and says, “Well um...what are you doing here how did you...” she sees the carrot, and her friendly demeanor becomes a scowl...

She stares you down with an intimidating gaze and says in a remarkably calm voice, “Where did you get that carrot? Are you working for Kaguya?”

[ ] Kaguya? Who is that?

[ ] I was looking for (describe Keine)

[ ] ...it's a carrot who cares?

[ ] Custom: This should stay in the realm of a lie. I will only accept the first two custom made ones in order to keep things simple
>>No. 19707
[x] "Do you want this carrot?"
>>No. 19708
[x] "... you can have it if you want"
-[x] "Who is Kaguya?"

Our MC seems to be not-completely useless. Good.
>>No. 19710
[x] "... you can have it if you want"
-[x] "Who is Kaguya?"

If the writer approves. Otherwise, second option only. It's the truth.
>>No. 19711
[ ] Kaguya? Who is that?
>>No. 19715
(*flips coin* Okay here's the winning choice)

“Kaguya? Who's that?”

The sweaty soot-covered woman looks at you suspiciously for a long moment, her leer paralyzing you and begging silently in your mind that nothing bad happens. She finally says, “Come in for a second,” and turns to let you in.

Knowing it was better to follow than to try and escape, you walk into the simple household. There is nothing remarkable about your surroundings: some wooden furniture, a bathroom up and to your left, a bedroom straight ahead, and you are standing in the kitchen by the front door.

The woman wipes her face with a cloth sitting upon the counter and says, “I'm Mokou; have a seat we need to talk.” You sit down across from Mokou and await her explanation with strong anticipation, and her tone gives you a sense of dread over the situation. You begin to wonder if you have walked into something much greater than yourself, and you feel very humbled by Mokou's presence.

Lacing her fingers together, she sets her hands on the tabletop and sighs, explaining, “Alright since you aren't aware of the situation, I'm going to tell you right off the bat that what I am about to say needs no reason or explanation. In other words, I'm going to tell you some things, and I expect you to simply accept these things. Why? Simply because it's not your business, and I prefer to keep things quiet. I'm not trying to manipulate you or hurt you; I'm here to give you a clear strict warning. What you do with it is up to you.”

Mokou looks straight in your eyes to convey a further seriousness and says, “I know one of the earth rabbits gave you this carrot, and I know who it was. Tewi is a liar; she is a no good trickster who works for that stuck up bitch Kaguya who can't even admit to her own faults. I do not blame you for getting caught up in this; you were ignorant and did not know. So I'm simply going to tell you this now: if I find out you are still working for them, I will find you. I won't kill you; I don't kill my own kind. But take it from me...there are things far worse than death, and I will be more than happy to show you those things if I find out you are not listening to what I say.”

She lets the words sink in, and you feel very uncomfortable in her presence. But at the same time, you sense pain, perhaps a bad experience between her and this Kaguya. Still she breaks your train of thought with the offer, “Want some tea?”

[ ] No thank you...I um..have to go now but thank you anyways

If you say yes:

[ ] I'd love some thank you very much Mokou!

[ ] Sure, thank you...it must be lonely out here.

[ ] Alright thank you...do you have a smoke?

[ ] Thanks...I don't mean to drag this on, but maybe you should know Tewi mentioned something about a pink vial she wanted me to get.
>>No. 19716
[x] Thanks...I don't mean to drag this on, but maybe you should know Tewi mentioned something about a pink vial she wanted me to get.

Here's to hoping she won't flip out. I don't really feel that bad telling Mokou. No doubt Tewi has ulterior motives, and just stringing us along for the ride. Seems like Keine would end up heatbutting us to death if we were to try to steal whatever that vial is from her. Probably. Makes me wonder what Tewi's 'extra-bonus' is. And also how we might avoid her wrath.
>>No. 19717
[x] Thanks...I don't mean to drag this on, but maybe you should know Tewi mentioned something about a pink vial she wanted me to get.
-[x] But could you tell me why Tewi would want such a thing?

I think we should try to make ourselves come off as Neutral at the moment, and trying to find out more about things.
>>No. 19725
In response to you, Mokou keeps her back to you, preparing the tea and remaining silent for a moment before you catch her whispers, hearing, “It'll never end...will it?”

Mokou turns to you and sets the tea between you and herself and says, “She must be referring to my friend's medicine. Ironic how one of the people who work for Kaguya remains neutral in the matter. Must be a sense of duty as a doctor; I cannot blame her for such motivations.”

She remained composed over tea, the early afternoon sun tipping over the other side of the skyward scale. You sip your tea and look back at Mokou, noticing that she starts to look lost in thought. Perhaps this is way in over your head like she would claim it to be.

However, Mokou's eyes widen for a moment and asks, “What's tonight's lunar phase?” Being a mage, you have studied basic astronomy and astrology, and you can tell her without a doubt in your mind that tonight is a full moon.

She quickly wipes away any shock or surprise from her face, and you begin to question her composure. Someone of her strength and poise doesn't seem like someone who is put off so easily. She gets up and says, “I need to finish fixing my friend's roof. I'm just glad you came after I was doing simple finishing touches.”

She escorts you to the front door and says, “Wait here, and I will lead you out of the forest when I'm done okay? Don't worry, no youkai will come near here; even when I'm gone, youkai aren't foolish enough to attack my abode without revenge being exacted upon them. I always find those who mess with me...”

She goes back inside and you sense her in the bathroom, most likely cleaning up. You don't go anywhere just yet, pondering what exactly is happening. After all, magi are known for their curious nature.

Your train of thought is broken when Mokou flies out from the back door dresses in baggy red overalls with distinct fire wards, a red and white bow on the back of her head with the same kind of wareds, and a simple odd white shirt.

[ ] You use the carrot to follow her

[ ] You wait until nightfall

[ ] You try to find Tewi

[ ] You search the house
>>No. 19726
[X] You wait until nightfall
[X] You search the house

Hell hath no fury like an angry fire-wielding immortal. While we stay, we can search the house.
>>No. 19727
[X] You wait until nightfall
[X] You search the house
Giving up against her threat was kind of weak, but whatever.
>>No. 19729
[x] You wait until nightfall

It's nice seeing non-homeless Mokou. I think searching now would be a dick move on top of it being pointless; Mokou isn't a woman of many objects.
>>No. 19732
[X] You wait until nightfall
[X] You search the house

>>19727
>Giving up against her threat was kind of weak

I'd agree if it didn't turn out he was mugged by some regular humans easily and tossed into the forest.

Without metaknowledge, he could very well feel ill-equipped currently to go out of the forest alone. Less enemies made the better for him I'd say.
>>No. 19739
You wait out for the night, still wondering what to make of all of this. Perhaps you want to go home or perhaps you are curious. Still though, you wait it out, seeing as you are unsure who is right or wrong or more beneficial. You are patient though, the sun starting to set sooner than you thought it would.

Just as the sun peaks down the horizon, your magical sense picks up a familiar aura. Tewi comes bounding overhead and giggles, saying, “Oh my the carrot didn't work right; it led you to Mokou, not Keine! Oh silly me, I guess I should have made things for clear. But don't worry, you can still do my favor, the carrot usually works around the second time.”

You immediately tell her of Mokou's reaction to Tewi, and the happy bunny said, “Don't mind her, her feud's with my higher up. We made sure not to really get involved too much since Kaguya-sama prefers to keep it one on one. Also, I have great news for you!”

She twirls and hops up on a little rock mound and points up at the moon, saying, “It's a full moon! I'll give you yet another bonus if you can get that hair from Keine along with the pink vial of course.”

You share your concerns in regards to Mokou's threat but Tewi insists, “Don't worry, Mokou is really a softy to humans trust me! She just looks scary to drive people away. But I really need that pink vial back, and the hair would be nice too. Take it from a lucky bunny, you have luck with you!”

[ ] Alright, anything to get out of this forest.

[ ] Mokou did offer me to get me out of the forest....

[ ] This is too strange; I want more details.

[ ] I'll give up one of the bonuses if you assist me.

[ ] As much as being lost sucks, I don't want to go back to my old life.
>>No. 19740
[x] Mokou did offer me to get me out of the forest....
>>No. 19741
[x] Mokou did offer me to get me out of the forest....
>>No. 19746
[X] This is too strange; I want more details.
>>No. 19748
[X] This is too strange; I want more details.
>>No. 19754
The next vote that breaks the tie will be the last one.
>>No. 19755
[X] This is too strange; I want more details.

GO GO GO!!!
>>No. 19758
Tewi rubs the back of her head and says, “Well, it's kind of embarrassing to say but you see Keine stole my medicine! It well um...okay I'll tell you, it makes your boobs bigger. I know I should be stronger than her but that human was able to best me...caught me on a bad bad day...but that's okay, because you'll get it back for me!”

You wish to speak further but Tewi rudely cuts you off and says, “Trust me, you'll be able to leave this forest, and I have two bonuses for you! Just don't tell anyone else about this okay? I mean it's really embarrassing but you know how people are when it comes to enhancement and image changes. They can get really judgmental.”

You inquire yet again about Mokou but Tewi assures, “She's just mad at my Master; trust me, you're a human! You're safe from her! She doesn't hurt humans, all she does is look scary in hopes to drive them away without...um..something about conflicting morals or whatnot. That's why you need to get it and not me; she and Keine would beat me up if I went! But you're safe!”

She holds her hands behind her back and looks up at you with a cute smile before she concluded, “I'm off human...remember what I told you! You'll be rewarded greatly!”

With that she bounds off, leaving you to your devices. Seeing how you realize that the carrot is unpredictable, you deduce that going out to Keine's would be the best idea. Going to town seems next to impossible, and if the carrot failed, you'd just be lost without any help from anyone.

However you find yourself lucky this time: the carrot leads you to the edge of the forest where you see the woman described as Keine through the window with Mokou.

[ ] Keep your magical aura low and eavesdrop

[ ] Knock on the door

[ ] Look around
>>No. 19759
[X] Look around

Wanting to avoid fates worse than death.
>>No. 19761
>>19758

Wait. What happened to waiting at Mokou's? Just decided not to? I ask because if Mokou asked us to stay at her house, I'm not sure she would take kindly to us suddenly appearing. Especially if we're using Eientei magic.

>leads you to the edge of the forest where you see the woman described as Keine through the window with Mokou.

I'm pretty confused as to our setting right now. Is this still the area where Mokou lives? or have we wandered into town?

That said, voting this for now:

[x] Knock on the door

Hopefully we won't die most horribly.
>>No. 19763
>>19761
>Wait. What happened to waiting at Mokou's? Just decided not to? I ask because if Mokou asked us to stay at her house, I'm not sure she would take kindly to us suddenly appearing. Especially if we're using Eientei magic.

From the previous update...

>However you find yourself lucky this time: the carrot leads you to the edge of the forest where you see the woman described as Keine through the window with Mokou.

In any rate even this freelance apprentice should feel skeptical about Tewi's reasoning behind "taking back" the alleged medicine; especially regarding its effects.

[X] Knock on the door
-[x]if asked of how he found his way out, simply explained it was in his nature to experiment and tried the carrot again. Simply taking advantage of the amulet, so to speak.

May want to mention meeting up with a certain rabbit along the guided way and her explanation behind the medicine.

this is of course if the apprentice decided to not take up Tewi's offerings...
>>No. 19764
>edge of the forest

Saw that, guess I just wasn't sure specifically. I had pictured Mokou's hut being in some sort of clearing. Regardless, irrelevant now.
>>No. 19765
>>19763
That's something we should decide on, if we're going to aid Tewi in her schemes, since what she just told us is basically an obvious lie.

Now if it was a certain SDM maid stealing the medicine, that I can believe, but not Keine (An already nicely endowed teacher/guardian) or Mokou (Tomboyish woman who wouldn't care for such things)

[X] Knock on the door
-[x]if asked of how he found his way out, simply explained it was in his nature to experiment and tried the carrot again.

This story seems to suggest two paths: Siding with Mokou/Keine and foiling Tewi's scheme or siding with Tewi and helping her pull off her schemes. Our time to be neutral is indeed running out.
>>No. 19767
[X] Knock on the door
-[x]if asked of how he found his way out, simply explained it was in his nature to experiment and tried the carrot again.


>>19765

Personally, I'd love some Mokou and Keine time.
>>No. 19768
(The reason why I pushed things to Keine's place was under the reasoning that if Tewi can find you at any time, that would mean she'd be watching you staying at Mokou's and openly defying her. This decision has kept you neutral for now. I apologize for the vagueness I'm getting over a cold)

You dare to knock on the door and wait for the arrival of well...anyone. Mokou answers first, with Keine saying, “Who is that Mokou?”

Mokou lofts a brow and said, “I thought I told you to stay at my place...” she sees there is concern on your face and sighs saying, “Well...come in, I'm sure you have your reasons.”

You enter the home, and you notice that it is much more homely than Mokou's. The small cottage has simple yet comfortable furniture, and you see Keine sitting next to the fire, and whether or not you are disappointed or not, you see one vial empty and one full pink vial on a small coffee table next to Keine.

Mokou sits down and offers you to do the same, sitting next to Mokou. Mokou says, “Should I tell him or not?”

Keine looks at you suspiciously for a moment, then her eyes widen with some realization you can't seem to understand. She gives Mokou a concerned look, and in that moment, it seemed Keine's discovery was conveyed to Mokou.

Mokou looks at you strangely and asks, “Exactly how did you come into the forest...?”

You tell her that you were mugged and could not remember much. Mokou closed her eyes and said, “So it has already healed then...”

Stunned, your heart begins to sink that somehow you are implicated in something you don't exactly quite understand. Mokou looks at Keine and nods, signaling Keine to give you the pink vial without any question.

Keine says, “There isn't much time to explain...you need to drink this...and you cannot stay here for tonight. Please you must go now and drink this!”

You aren't given time to respond, and you are rushed out the house with only one last word from Mokou who says, “Return to us...you'll know when the time is right.”

It starts to get dark, the first star appearing in the dark blue sky. You look at the vial strangely as you retreat back into the forest. You even managed to get one of Keine's hairs caught on your robes, and immediately after noticing it, Tewi bounds up before you and hugs you tightly, saying, “I knew you could do it! Now...”

She bounds back once and leans forward, hand extended and palm facing upwards and says, “Just give me these two things, and I'll give you your rewards!”

[ ]Alright, here you go...they almost had me fooled with scare tactics again.

[ ]No, something's not right. Keine told me I should drink this.

[ ]H-Here just take it! I want to go home!

[ ]What the hell's going on? Answer me!
>>No. 19769
[X]No, something's not right. Keine told me I should drink this.
- [X]So what the hell's going on? Answer me!
>>No. 19770
[X]Hold on, something's not right as Keine told me I should drink this.
- [X]So what the hell's is exactly going on? Please tell me!
>>No. 19771
[X]"No, something's not right. Keine told me I should drink this"
-[X] Drink it yourself.
>>No. 19772
(Either you'll love me or hate me for this next one. Here goes!)

Tewi blinks in surprise and said, “It's what I said it was; it's suppose to make your...wait, Keine told you to drink this? Why in the world would she...?”

“It's because that's not the medicine you're looking for.”

Both of you turn to see a woman step into the clearing carrying a bow and wearing a medical hat. She looks to Tewi and says, “Tewi get out of here.”

“But Eirin...” Tewi began to protest.

“I said get out of here NOW!” Eirin yelled before she says, “It's too late now anyways...the moon is full.”

Your eyes widen in the utmost fear, completely baffled by the affairs not so much for its base logic but the sheer fear of what might be possible. It is as though you know what is going to happen, and it's so terrifying your mind refuses to accept it as true so readily.

You get a sharp piercing headache, and it feels like your blood's bubbling within you. You don't feel like yourself, like something's invaded your mind and is taking control. A flash of a strange yet forgotten memory of someone pouring something in one of your wounds in your neck. Subconsciously it all make sense, but your conscious simply isn't catching up.

Eirin notches and arrow, Tewi already bounding off without question. The doctor stares you down and says, “I can forgive you...I can only ask that you forgive me as well.”

She draws the bow and points it right at you, regret and pain in her eyes. You lash forward, hearing cries coming from Keine's house so clearly, like you've never heard such sounds before. Even in your confusion everything is clear, concise, and vibrating with energy, your senses heightened beyond any you have ever experienced.

Eirin barely dodges you, the cries distracting her momentarily. You turn to look in the direction of such noise and all becomes a blur when you leap again, colors and sounds mixing and blending into a single light...and then...darkness...

….........

You awaken....

…..........

You are in a hospital bed. It's around late morning, and you can hear the sounds of nature outside: a small river, birds chirping, and the stirrings of critters in the grass and trees. You are not so groggy when you arise, and part of you wonders if it was all a dream.

The woman named Eirin walks in with a lab coat, looking down at you with a doctor's compassion. She says, “Good morning,” and pulls up a stool by your bedside, crossing her legs and clasping her hands together, studying you for a moment.

Eirin said, “I'm sure you have many questions, but I'll answer the most obvious one. That was no dream you had; you...aren't exactly a normal human anymore. Well you still are but...it's now complicated. I'd like to tell you more, but I feel that it is better that you walk around for a little bit first. You have been in a coma for a few days.”

[ ]Not...human?

[ ]Yes, that sounds like a good idea...

[ ]What do I do now?

[ ]What was in that pink vial?

[ ]I don't believe you; I want to go home now!
>>No. 19773
[x]Yes, that sounds like a good idea...
[x]But first, What was in that pink vial?

I should like to know that at first... seesh talk about fast.
>>No. 19774
[x]Yes, that sounds like a good idea...
[x]But first, What was in that pink vial?

Something else must have had happen between the time he was mugged and the time he regain consciousness. For better or worse who's to say what will happen next...

May as well at least learn about the pink vial.
>>No. 19775
[x]Yes, that sounds like a good idea...
[x]But first, What was in that pink vial?

Well, I didn't see that one coming.
>>No. 19776
>>19774
I wonder if he was mugged at all, since Eirin noticed something strange, telling Tewi to get away.
>>No. 19777
[X]Yes, that sounds like a good idea...
-[x]But first, What was in that pink vial?

Getting interesting quickly.

>Keine looks at you suspiciously for a moment, then her eyes widen with some realization you can't seem to understand...,“It's too late now anyways...the moon is full.”

>Your eyes widen in the utmost fear, completely baffled by the affairs not so much for its base logic but the sheer fear of what might be possible. It is as though you know what is going to happen, and it's so terrifying your mind refuses to accept it as true so readily.

I like where this is going.
>>No. 19780
>>19776

>The doctor stares you down and says, “I can forgive you...

Sounds like we've met before. Suggests an explanation for why were passed out in the woods at the beginning.
>>No. 19781
>>19780
Yeah she also said something about wanting him to forgive her. I think she might have experimented on him. But I wonder what it has to do with the full moon that Keine could recognize (enough to tell us to drink that vial), since it was clear that we flipped out more or less at the full moon.

And was that Mokou getting caved?
>>No. 19782
[x]Yes, that sounds like a good idea...
[x]But first, What was in that pink vial?

Works for me~!
>>No. 19784
(This next thread should answer your questions)

Eirin says, “Well first off, Tewi was lying without knowing she was; there's a similar medicine I had that does well...” she blushes and clears her throat, saying, “...enhances. But she mistook this medicine for that one. The medicine she was asking you to steal from Keine was a tonic that gives her control over her were-hakutaku form. Think of it as like a werewolf on a full moon, except the medicine makes the change more comfortable and more easily controllable.”

You mention Tewi wanted one of Keine's hairs. Eirin quickly explains, “If you mix someone's hair with that medicine Tewi originally wanted, you get that person's breast size. Otherwise you grow out of control; it's a prank symptom I put in it so that no one would go stealing it. Seems the little trickster figured it out.”

“But it seems that you need the same prescription as Keine has,” Eirin says as calmly as she can, not knowing how you'll take it. She says conclusively, “You're a were-hakutaku now. You're still human no doubt, and you will expire as one. But you just have a little...extra. I've talked to Keine about this, and we've decided that it is better if you stay with her for now. She wants to teach you how to control your new abilities and live among humans as a were-hakutaku.”

You seem distraught about not being fully human, having heard tales of youkai eating people. But you were told that you were still human sort of, so it helps.

You inquire Eirin about how you were turned into this and Eirin says, “Well, I've heard of some cursed elixirs that can do that, but they're quite rare. I can see by the look on your face that that was what happened. There are some were-hakutaku that try to recruit humans by turning them. But you are safe here...do heed my warning and don't get entangled with the ones who turned you. They are no good.”

“Now let's help you up on your feet okay?”

She helps you out of bed, her caring gentle hands lifting an arm over her shoulder. She bears some of your weight, yet you feel you don't need her help. You feel incredible, despite your coma and possible trauma. Still you let her help out of politeness.

You are led down an outdoor hall and into another room, Eirin using her free hand to slide the door open. You see Mokou, Keine, Tewi, and a couple of others you don't recognize right away. The first is a girl with long black hair wearing a pinkish kimono. The second is another bunny, except she is wearing an outfit you've rarely seen. It looks like a business suit from the outside world, complete with a tie and skirt.

Tewi sees you first, ears drooping floppily as the other bunny gives her a commanding stare and tilts her head in your direction. Tewi gets up and bows before you, saying, “I'm sorry for putting you through all of that trouble.”

Still showing no shame, she bounds back up and says, “And now here's one bonus for effort since you got both but never gave them to me!”

The business bunny looks shocked and says, “Tewi!”

Tewi looks over her shoulder and says, “What Reisen? I'm giving him a gift, that's apologetic right? Don't be so silly!”

“S-Silly!?” Reisen retorts angrily. The other unknown woman puts a hand on Reisen's shoulder to calm her down, and in a gentle yet commanding voice, she tells Tewi, “Continue.”

Tewi is much calmer under this one's voice and says, “Yes Kaguya-sama...here you are sir.” She gives you a scroll that glows with magic, and your best guess is a scroll of spells. She politely offers you a seat next to Keine.

You sit down, a meal of steamed rice, miso soup, tamagoyaki (rolled omelette), and some tea is set before you. Kaguya smiles, her attractive face drawing you in somewhat. You notice briefly Mokou's face is hidden slightly, and you know she is not fond of this Kaguya.

Kaguya simply asks, “So tell me about yourself. What's your name? Where did you come from?”

(Alright since I feel as though I pushed you guys and restricted your freedom that I give you a treat; you can name this person and give a very brief history. To keep it simple, try to keep the number of choices no greater than 2 or 3, otherwise the only one you'll vote for is your own. Here are some other choices I've thrown in in case you'd like an alternate choice)

[ ]I don't remember much...I can't even recall my name. It's all so hazy.

[ ]What about you?

[ ]What's going to happen to me?

[ ]There's nothing special about my history.
>>No. 19785
>>19781
Haha wow. Well it's safe to say that IC you know Mokou/Keine were crying out to save you. Obviously by the fact that you're alive, Eirin held back.
>>No. 19786
[lol]The name's Michael, Michael J. Atkinson and a one point I had been a council member at the human village but was ultimately removed due to many disagreeing my thoughts on how we should protet the children from, offensive material, even if it meant taking away certain enjoyments usually reserved for adults.

okay after I got that out of my system...

seriously

[X]I'm Hanz Träumer and as far as I know at one point my family, generations ago, had lived beyond the border, we're called "Mystics" by certain outsiders considering our focus on magic; though traditionally we learn on our own rather than actively search for teachers...
-[X]Considering my recent change, while not entirely unfamiliar with slight seclusion, I do need to return to the village every once in a while for supplies. Will I be barred from certain areas now? Those at the village don't need to know about my change do they?

I'm just trying as I was struck with inspiration.

Whether this is shit or not is another matter.
>>No. 19790
>There are some were-hakutaku that try to recruit humans by turning them.

Wait.... WHAT!? There's more than one? Still living with Keine wouldn't be a bad thing either at all. I can live with a Keine route very easily.

[x] My name is Shingen... Yamada. My life and family were as normal as I can be until I stumbled upon a magic scroll. It was at that point, it was clear what I wanted to be: a Wizard.
-[x] "But I couldn't find a teacher anywhere, so I learned from the ground up, getting whatever scrolls I could find or buy. I'm not anywhere as good as Marisa or The puppeteer, but I can manage day to day life."
-[x] "Eventually I found something on danmaku, which I studied and found it was a less messy way of dealing with some threats."
-[x] "I've been living slightly in the forest of magic, occasionally stopping into the village."
-[x] "But around the time of my mugging, I have no recollection of what happened. I woke up and as I tried to find my way, I ran into this mischievous rabbit."

The what's going to happen to me section.
[x] "Is there more than one.... were-Hakutaku? From what I've gathered, those aren't so common. Am I wrong? or was there mass turnings in the past?"
-[x] "The notion of staying with Miss Keine is something I'd be able to live with. But what's in store for me next?"
--[x] If it's revealed that Keine was indirectly responsible for things, Assure her that you do not blame her for what has happened.
-[x] "What exactly are the perks of being a were-Hakutaku? I might as well look on the bright side"

Here's my attempt; I know it's long but it's something to build off of.
>>No. 19793
[X]The names Shingen, Shingen Yamada. Family's got some inherited talent with magic but as far we've seen nothing substantial. I had aim to change that and become a full-fledged Magician; though considering what has happened I might have to make some changes in that plan. For the most part I'm self-taught through scrolls and tomes that I've either acquired or had lent to me. With that I've been managing just fine on my skills alone and occasional good will.
-[X] I barely remember anything at all before awaking within the forest except for the mugging that occurred, though even that memory is nothing more than a vague mess of shades and shapes; who ever they were must have had me blinded temporarily and then left me to rot in the forest. Soon the first creature I meet happens to be this rather mischievous rabbit and we know what has transpired after that, thus where we are...
--[x]I rather not dwell on supposed misfortunes, so surely there are certain benefits to being a were-Hakutaku right? Maybe I'm at least more hardier than the average human, capable of weathering the
elements better perhaps..?
[x]Also Ms. Keine, if you're trully willing to help me, I do hope I won't become a burden on you. I've had enough trouble with just trying to improve my recent skills before and I don't wish for that to trouble you as well as managing my change.

I kinda liked both but tried to chisel them together.
>>No. 19794
[X]I'm Hanz Träumer and as far as I know at one point my family, generations ago, had lived beyond the border, we're called "Mystics" by certain outsiders considering our focus on magic; though traditionally we learn on our own rather than actively search for teachers...
-[X]Considering my recent change, while not entirely unfamiliar with slight seclusion, I do need to return to the village every once in a while for supplies. Will I be barred from certain areas now? Those at the village don't need to know about my change do they?
I like the title.
[x] "Is there more than one.... were-Hakutaku? From what I've gathered, those aren't so common. Am I wrong? or was there mass turnings in the past?"
-[x] "The notion of staying with Miss Keine is something I'd be able to live with. But what's in store for me next?"
--[x] If it's revealed that Keine was indirectly responsible for things, Assure her that you do not blame her for what has happened.
-[x] "What exactly are the perks of being a were-Hakutaku? I might as well look on the bright side"
>>No. 19796
[X]I'm Hanz Träumer and as far as I know at one point my family, generations ago, had lived beyond the border, we're called "Mystics" by certain outsiders considering our focus on magic; though traditionally we learn on our own rather than actively search for teachers...
-[X]Considering my recent change, while not entirely unfamiliar with slight seclusion, I do need to return to the village every once in a while for supplies. Will I be barred from certain areas now? Those at the village don't need to know about my change do they?
[x] "Is there more than one.... were-Hakutaku? From what I've gathered, those aren't so common. Am I wrong? or was there mass turnings in the past?"
-[x] "The notion of staying with Miss Keine is something I'd be able to live with. But what's in store for me next?"
--[x] If it's revealed that Keine was indirectly responsible for things, Assure her that you do not blame her for what has happened.
-[x] "What exactly are the perks of being a were-Hakutaku? I might as well look on the bright side"
Magician GET.
Sure we have one of those, but this one is part of a well-known clan. And also a were-Hakutaku so that overrides everything.
>>No. 19797
Not often we have a kraut being a lead. Still rather disappointed we lost that french legionnaire a while back so maybe this time this will work...

Träumer...

Dreamer..?

how deliciously fitting
>>No. 19798
[X]I'm Hanz Träumer and as far as I know at one point my family, generations ago, had lived beyond the border, we're called "Mystics" by certain outsiders considering our focus on magic; though traditionally we learn on our own rather than actively search for teachers...
-[X]Considering my recent change, while not entirely unfamiliar with slight seclusion, I do need to return to the village every once in a while for supplies. Will I be barred from certain areas now? Those at the village don't need to know about my change do they?
I like the title.
[x] "Is there more than one.... were-Hakutaku? From what I've gathered, those aren't so common. Am I wrong? or was there mass turnings in the past?"
-[x] "The notion of staying with Miss Keine is something I'd be able to live with. But what's in store for me next?"
--[x] If it's revealed that Keine was indirectly responsible for things, Assure her that you do not blame her for what has happened.
-[x] "What exactly are the perks of being a were-Hakutaku? I might as well look on the bright side"

Changed for consensus. And Germans.
>>No. 19799
[X]I'm Hanz Träumer and as far as I know at one point my family, generations ago, had lived beyond the border, we're called "Mystics" by certain outsiders considering our focus on magic; though traditionally we learn on our own rather than actively search for teachers...
-[X]Considering my recent change, while not entirely unfamiliar with slight seclusion, I do need to return to the village every once in a while for supplies. Will I be barred from certain areas now? Those at the village don't need to know about my change do they?
[x] "Is there more than one.... were-Hakutaku? From what I've gathered, those aren't so common. Am I wrong? or was there mass turnings in the past?"
-[x] "The notion of staying with Miss Keine is something I'd be able to live with. But what's in store for me next?"
--[x] If it's revealed that Keine was indirectly responsible for things, Assure her that you do not blame her for what has happened.
-[x] "What exactly are the perks of being a were-Hakutaku? I might as well look on the bright side"

This should be interesting...

And I loved that French guy story too. Shame it died so early.
>>No. 19800
To put things into perspective we shouldn't expect the writefag to suddenly come up with little quirks as that legionnaire did. The Legionnaire occasionally spoke French with a suave personality to match up.

This guy with a possible Germanic lineage may not even retain anything of it except by family name only.

Then again... perhaps it does not matter...

You are now hearing the freelance Magician speak with the voice of the Medic.
>>No. 19801
Hm...not as messy as I expected it to be. Sorry for the delay I was doing DM things and helping new players with character sheets. I'm sure I read each entry and counted the votes right, but so that we're all on the same page, here's what I've labeled the verdict:

Hanz "Mystics" background

Village Visits

More than one hakutaku question

Comfort Keine

Staying with Keine Question

Perks

If you feel anything was missed, sorry but we're moving forward =/

I will post the next segment on another post; too much OOC in this one, it'll just look nicer in a separate post
>>No. 19802
(One quick thing I forgot to mention: Eirin and You are sitting together, Mokou/Keine across, Tewi/Reisen to your left, Kaguya to your right).

Kaguya chuckles and says, “That was a mouthful...and what a strange name. I suppose that comes with being an out world child.”

Upon asking those questions, Kaguya stops you at the first one and says, “Why don't you ask Keine those things? She'd know more than me.”

Keine is silent for a moment, not really sure what to say to you. She sighs and says, “I hope you know this isn't some game human. People don't look forward to becoming a monster lest they be hungry for power they don't understand.”

Mokou comforts Keine saying, “You're not a monster Keine, and neither is he...” she looks up at you and decides to be the one to answer your questions as Keine is obviously a little distraught and says, “There are a few more hakutaku that we have seen, though we believe there's more. Still rare though.”

“Don't worry about Keine too much; I can assure you she will not take this to blame nor will she suffer over this for long.” She smiles at Keine and hugs her, saying in a lower voice, “I know she's stronger than that...”

“As for staying with Keine, it's entirely appropriate. We feel that it isn't fair to you if we let you go now, and you have to live with this without any training or sense of control. We'd be as much at fault if another full moon came tonight, and because we let you go, you slaughtered a human being by sudden impulse.”

Eirin puts an hand on your shoulder and says, “I'll write you up on a prescription right away, though you don't have to take it. I believe Keine mentioned a type of training without using the medicine in case you find yourself without.”

Keine nods to acknowledge this, and by this point, the meal has finished. Kaguya clasps her hands together and said, “This was a lovely breakfast you made Reisen...and we got to have so many wonderful guests as well.”

You bow politely and arise along with the rest. Keine takes your hand and leads you out gently through the sliding door to your right, the one across from the door you entered. She turns left and goes down the wooden walkway until she is certain no one will overhear.

She sighs and says, “I'd...like to apologize for lashing out at you earlier. I didn't mean to, and I know you were just trying to look on the positive side of things. So forgive me. But I also want to make some things clear: this will not be a vacation for you. We're now teacher and student, which means you will respect me as such as I would to you as a student. I would advise you not to touch anything personal of mine nor try looking for such things. I will find out, that is most certain. Also you cannot and will not leave my home under any other circumstances outside of mine or Mokou's order until we have deemed you done with training. Do you understand?”

You obviously nod, and Keine says, “Good...then we shouldn't have any problems. There's another full moon coming tonight and a couple after that, so we get to do the most important part: impulse control. There is a reason we are not considered youkai: we resist our urges. Unlike most youkai, we can avoid human in our diet entirely. We are friends of humans; we refuse to be controlled by such inner beasts. You will need to strengthen your mind's will over yourself so that you can fight off those urges.”

[ ]*folds arms* Mystics are suppose to have strong wills. I bet I can handle it now that I know what I'm dealing with.

[ ]I-Inner beasts?

[ ]How could I possibly control such an urge so quickly?

[ ]I wish to meditate on this.

(Pick only one this time guys)
>>No. 19803
[X]I wish to meditate on this.

Aye is it just me or is Keine taking this a little too personally. Another note, while having strong will is great, this situation is not something he can simply experiment and quickly end it with little effort before it goes out of control. It may very well tax his mind beyond normal means.
>>No. 19804
>[ ]I-Inner breasts?
I totally read that.

[x]I wish to meditate on this.
We need to show her that we're taking this seriously.
>>No. 19805
>>19804

So it wasn't just me then, at least

[X]I wish to meditate on this.
>>No. 19806
>>19803
The idea for the cocky response as one of your choices was based on personality. I'm trying to make the choices based on such things as fear, confusion, joy, studiousness, or whatever is most appropriate (and a couple that aren't)

As for Keine's reaction, well think of the other hakutaku. You can deduce that the way they changed our protagonist that they aren't very responsible aka they make good hakutaku look bad.
>>No. 19807
>>19806
The cocky option is good and should be provided everytime that's possible.
However, since we already screwed up once in the conversation, and given that Keine is (understandably) taking this to personally, we shouldn't take it this time.
>>No. 19808
[X]I wish to meditate on this.
>>No. 19809
>>19807
Yeah I meant the bright side things as basically seeing how he's stuck with it, he might as well try to find a bright side, not "OOOOOHHHH MORE POWER?" As opposed to emoing like Cloud did in the first parts of Advent Children.
>>No. 19814
[X]I wish to meditate on this.

Works for me~!
>>No. 19815
>>19809
>As opposed to emoing like Cloud does ALL THE FUCKING TIME
Fix'd.
Cloud is a whinebaby, Zack was so much better.
>>No. 19816
Keine calms down a bit, saying, “Very well; I warn you though your Change will be painful like before. I will help you in your suffering.”

She motions you to follow her, and after a short journey you arrive at her home. It is now late morning when you arrive at Keine's home. Keine says, “I have a meditation garden behind the house, you can use that for only a little bit. Afterward, we need to get started. I can't teach you a whole lot due to the fact that another full moon's coming tonight, but based on the lunar calender, this will only be a problem for tonight and tomorrow night. From there we can prepare for the next lunar cycle.”

“Good news though is you have a high metabolism so as a precaution so that hunger doesn't tempt you to kill as much on your change, we're going to have a very large dinner tonight. I'm keeping lunch light.” She makes her way to the door and opens it with a small whine and creak of the hinges before looking back at you and saying, “You got an hour; I advise you find whatever respite you are looking for in your meditation quickly.”

She shuts the door behind her, and you immediately go out back and find the garden she talked of. There's an actual vegetable garden with chicken wire and some assortment of random veggies that you note very briefly. The meditation garden is a series of stones set in a maze with the center large enough for one to meditate in. Stepping into the center, you close your eyes and start to focus...

Memories start to flow back into your mind now, the magical relaxation enlightening the darkness that was clouding your thinking. You remember the day you were mugged...or so you thought....

You see yourself hiding behind the corner of some sort of building you can't make out right away (you know however that you are in the Human Village). You see down a very small alley way (more like a couple of shops next to each other) a human being slaughtered by four sinister black figures. You remember hearing his cries, the sounds of blood spewing, bones snapping, and the squishy sound of flesh ripping as the four beings feast upon their victim.

You tremble in fear, and the four are magically alerted by your presence. They chase you down and beat you, and you are terrified that you may die this very evening. One says, “No...no need to waste good magic...” and nips your neck, rendering a small cut. He pours a drop of some liquid into the wound, causing you to convulse...and then black out...

“HEY!”

You wake with a jolt, Keine practically shaking until your head flopped back and forth like a bobble head doll. She sighs and says, “I called your name five times!”

You relay your story obviously, but you also add in:

[ ]touch neck what did they put into me...

[ ]How dare they attack me like this...putrid scoundrels!

[ ]I cannot stand such cruelty; I want to be your servant until I am deemed worthy to fight such scum!

[ ]I don't want a part in this anymore!

[ ]*trembles* T-They killed him...t-they mutilated him...
>>No. 19817
[x]How dare they attack me like this...putrid scoundrels!
lol alignment.
I imagine his pride is hurt after being defetead so easily.
>>No. 19818
[x]touch neck what did they put into me...

This feels more right to me, something more neutral, since I'd imagine he'd still be in shock some.
>>No. 19819
[X]*touch neck* What did they put into me...
>>No. 19820
[X]*touch neck* What did they put into me...

I dislike feeling powerless. Sends me into a self-righteous rage. In the situation our MC is in, however, fear and uncertainty might fit better.
>>No. 19821
[X]*touch neck* What did they put into me...

Answer: plot devices

...no but seriously though. This.
>>No. 19849
(Sorry for taking so long; I had like 2 more people join my DnD campaign. Anyways here's the next installment)

Keine touches the left side of your neck, the place where they had wounded you and said calmly, “You're in the present now; everything's okay right now. The elixir they used on you...it's a cursed item and a horrible misuse of magic.”

Your face still expresses terror, still trying to recover from the horrific nightmares of the past. Keine's visage appears more compassionate, and she embraces you like a mother would her child and whispers, “Ssshhh...it's okay. You'll be fine Hanz-kun...I promise I won't let them hurt you ever again.” She kisses the top of your head and cradles you slightly, calming you down as best as she can.

After several minutes of recovering full composure, she retracts and places a gentle hand on your shoulder and says, “But first we have to train you...I am certain you would want to be strong enough to stop them for doing this to another innocent human.”

You nod in agreement and arise, eager to continue. You train with Keine the rest of the day, doing many seemingly impossible exercises, and they seem to you like something an animal would do: hunt, stalk, leap great heights, dodge at an incredible rate, and use a high level of strength to break things. You do...well poorly. You can't expect results over night. You have your moments here and there, but you know you are far from reaching anything close to perfection.

Now the night is falling, your most dreaded hour. You remember Keine said that the full moon was to come two more nights, including this one. She also mentioned that it would be painful and that she would use the medicine only if you completely lost it.

The silver disk of judgment finally appears in the sky like an omen from the stars. Keine effortlessly shifts, her clothing turning green, eyes red, and two horns growing neatly from her head. She does this quickly, knowing that by now you are feeling a sharp pain course through you, mostly concentrating on two points on your head. You can guess easily why those two spots hurt...

Keine stands a couple of feet away from you, and she says, “Relax but don't restrain yourself nor lose all control. You want your human and beastly sides to work together so that the shift becomes painless and the urges less powerful.”

You start to feel the change happening...
(The following are a series of choices where you must combine 3 in the right order.)

[ ]Conserve yourself...take your time with this.

[ ]Let yourself go...

[ ]Fight it!

[ ]Close your eyes...clear your mind
>>No. 19850
[x]Conserve yourself...take your time with this.
[x]Close your eyes...clear your mind
[x]Let yourself go...

My attempt.
>>No. 19851
[X]Close your eyes...clear your mind
[X]Fight it!
[X]Conserve yourself...take your time with this.

That letting go option reeks of giving in to the beastly urges to cave things for some reason, to me at least.
>>No. 19852
>>19851

Ordered that wrong...

[X]Fight it!
[X]Close your eyes...clear your mind
[X]Conserve yourself...take your time with this.
>>No. 19856
[X]Fight it!
[X]Close your eyes...clear your mind
[X]Conserve yourself...take your time with this.

First the natural urges: fight them.
Then the focus: clam down, the worst is over.
Then the control: take your time, win over it.
>>No. 19857
Remember what Keine said...

>“Relax but don't restrain yourself nor lose all control. You want your human and beastly sides to work together so that the shift becomes painless and the urges less powerful.”

[X]Fight it!
[X]Close your eyes...clear your mind
[X]Conserve yourself...take your time with this.
>>No. 19886
[X]Fight it!
[X]Close your eyes...clear your mind
[X]Conserve yourself...take your time with this.

Clear your mind of whimsy~
Learn to sway like the ginkgo flower~
The Silent Wind of Doom...also known as the Headband Thingy.
>>No. 19972
What happened man?
[Return][Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x