-  [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return][Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject  (Reply to 18181)
Message
Captcha
File
Password (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM, WEBP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 125689626183.jpg - (297.74KB, 510x510, crashed.jpg) [iqdb]
18181No. 18181
Thunder.

It is the first thing you notice.

Thunder roaring in your ears.

Pounding away at your brain like a never ending storm.

No. That isn’t thunder, you realize. It’s your own heartbeat, hammering your chest as your consciousness swims in red and black darkness. Mutedly, you hear some odd beeping in the distance, but that doesn’t concern you now. What does is the bizarre exhaustion that saps every bit of strength from your limbs. Your arms, your legs, your head, it all feels so heavy, dizzy, and wet.

Wet? Ah. There’s something running down your face, slick and warm. Is it blood? Your blood? Probably. You force your eyes open, cringing at the wave of dizziness and nausea that follows. What you see is a spiderweb of cracks, smeared red with trails of carmine dribbling down. You’re wearing a helmet, it seems, but beyond that you can’t seem to make heads or tails of what you are doing and why everything just feels horrible. Apparently you are slumped over something too, placing an uncomfortable pressure against your chest.

Where the hell are you? What in the world happened?

With great effort, you manage to lift your head a scant few centimeters up. Through the distortion caused by the cracks, you can make out something green. It is widespread, going as far as your blurry vision can make out. Is it daytime? Night? Damn. It’s so hard to keep your head up…

You let your head drop, something you regret immediately as the impact sends a fresh wave of nauseating dizziness and incredible crushing pain into your skull.

“Uunnggghh…” you manage to groan out, but to what avail? You’re hurt. Badly. That much is obvious. Everything else, however, is but a whirling mess of disorienting agony. Even worse is your slipping grasp of reality, the shadows of your mind consuming your consciousness rapidly. The darkness consumes your vision, and you know no more.





You hear voices. Far away. Near. Indistinct. Clear. Nothing else is apparent to you, other than these muddled sounds. Fading in and out of consciousness, you pick up bits and pieces of some kind of conversation.

“We don’t… … …sion. We… … …ately.”

“…should… …cute.”

“…can’t! … let hi…”

“Ar…. sure? … … yours.”

What else these voices have to say, you will never know as you slip back into unconsciousness.

And suddenly, you’re awake again, eyes snapping open as your awareness abruptly asserts itself. Sunlight is filtering through thin sheets covering windows, leaving the room brightly lit but subdued. An eerie peace settles around you as you first look around with your eyes, then carefully moving your head around. You’re in a room of sorts, alone and lying on top of a thick futon. There’s little else to the room: an empty table in the corner, a lamp situated in another, and yourself.

Where in the world are you now? The last thing you remember was being slumped over and bleeding all over something, and likely with your head split open. Now, you’re in a bed, feeling none worse for wear, and staring at an unfamiliar ceiling. Was that some sort of bizarre dream? Or did someone help you? Confusion and curiosity spurns you to move, but you’re not sure if you’re well enough to do so.

You could just stay here and rest, seeing has how that’s how your savior left you. Got to recuperate and regain strength, right? Or you could test out your limits by getting up and moving around a bit – nothing too strenuous. Or maybe, you could just call out for whoever helped you. They should be nearby…

[ ] Stay in bed and rest.
[ ] Get out of bed and move around.
[ ] Call out to someone, anyone.

------------

Notes: Who am I? Just an amateur writer with a little free time. Despite the recent surge of writers and the backlash of anon, I felt like writing something. I’ll try to keep updating regularly, but I’m afraid I have small opportunities during the day in which to write stuff down. We’ll see, though.
Expand all images
>>No. 18182
[X] Stay in bed and rest.
>>No. 18186
[ ] Stay in bed and rest.
>>No. 18188
[X] Get out of bed and move around.

That ship for some reason seems familiar...
>>No. 18189
[x] Stay in bed and rest.
>>No. 18190
[X] Stay in bed and rest.

Recuperation.

>>18188

Einhander.
>>No. 18191
[x] Stay in bed and rest.

I wouldn't worry, since you have to really screw up to get the hammer.

But I think we should stay in bed for the time being. Also makes it easier for whoever's taking care of us to find us.
>>No. 18196
[X] Get out of bed and move around.
We need a CYOA character that screws the rules.
Someone saved you and selflessly invited you to his/her house?
Escape.
>>No. 18197
[X] Get out of bed and move around.

Sure, sounds fun.
>>No. 18198
>>18196
>Someone saved you and selflessly invited you to his/her house?
>Escape.

Bah easy modo bad end.
>>No. 18201
>>18196

Oh look some of the classic stupidity that ruined Teruyo's first run.
>>No. 18203
[X] Stay in bed and rest.
>>No. 18204
[X] Stay in bed and rest.

Rest. Yes. That would be best, wouldn’t it? No need to strain yourself just yet, and you feel pretty comfortable in this warm bed. A quiet sigh escapes your lips as you settle down deeper into the bedding and covers, letting your head roll to the side and…

Is that a rabbit?

Your brow furrows in confusion as you lock eyes with the small white rabbit peering in from a sliding door. This impromptu staring contest lasts for only a moment before the door slides shut again, leaving your alone once more. Faintly, you think you can hear the soft pitter-patter of small feet.

Huh. That was odd, but you don’t think much else of it. With that interruption gone, you again relax into your bedding and let your thoughts wander. Said thoughts could not go far, however, as you hear a heavier set of footsteps approach. Your room’s door slides open with a muted rattle, revealing a tall woman in a curious red and blue dress with a tray of… something in her hands. Long silver hair rolls down her back in a thick braid, framing an older but strikingly beautiful face. Her dark grey eyes blink upon meeting yours, a small and graceful smile spreading in response.

“Good, you’re awake,” she observes, nodding to herself as she places the tray on the nearby table. “I am Doctor Eirin Yagokoro, and you’re in my clinic. How are you feeling?”

“I’m… okay,” you say, blinking at the sound of your voice.

“Still in a bit of shock, I see,” she hums thoughtfully and kneels next to your head. “That is fine, though. The accident you were in was rather dreadful.”

“Accident?” you blurt out. Was that what happened yesterday? Everything was just a blur…

“You…” the doctor blinks, pausing for a second. “Do you remember anything? About what happened or why?”

“N-No, nothing,” you shake your head as best you can while supine. “It’s just a big mess in my head…”

“Hmm. What about your name? Where you came from? Your parents or where you were born?”

What? What sort of questions are these? Of course you know your name! You’re…



You draw a complete blank. Not only that, you cannot recall where you’re from. The faces of your parents, your friends, they are all blank faced strangers to you. Your birthday, your birthplace, it all escapes you. Yet, you feel as if you do know or you are supposed to know, but the knowledge is just outside of your grasp. Dear gods, you forgotten it all!

“No…” you answer with frightened finality. “I can’t remember anything.”

Panic is starting to set in, your heart racing as you throw off your covers in haste and sit up. What discomfort you feel barely registers amidst the worry and anxiety clawing at you. Bandages are wrapped up and down your body, a thin white robe granting you some form of privacy. But none of this matters. This body, this world, they are strangers to you now. You stare at your bandaged hands, watching them as they clench into fists and unclench.

Millions of questions are racing through your head, but none of them make sense. Nothing makes sense.

“Doctor, I can’t remember anything,” you look at the woman pleadingly, your voice almost cracking

“It’s okay, just calm down,” she speaks soothingly, placing a cool hand on your forehead. “It could be the shock and trauma that is affecting your memory. It will likely come back to you with time and rest. Amnesia, however… is a little more difficult.”

You pray that it is the former and not the latter. The doctor’s hand seems to be doing the trick, however, calming your heart and cooling your mind. Yeah. It just temporary, right?

“But even with this, you shouldn’t neglect your physical health. Would you like to rest some more? Or do you think you can walk around a bit? You seem able enough to ambulate. For now, we can call you Mumyo… or would you prefer something else?”

---

Name?

Then,

[ ] Yeah. You think you can get up and move around a bit.
[ ] Ask about personal items. Maybe there’s something that can jog your memory
[ ] No. It’s just too much. Rest a bit more.
>>No. 18205
[x] Get down
[x] And move it all around
>>No. 18206
[x] No. It’s just too much. Rest a bit more.
>>No. 18208
Do we have a gender, yet? The name choice could go either way. As long as it's not Mumyo. I'd go for being called "Jimmy the Squid" like some Mafia thug before I went with Mumyo. I don't care what it means, it sounds terrible.

In fact, I'll go with that.

[x] John Doe, Jimmy the Squid, Rocky the Seventh, whatever. But not Mumyo.

Maybe it's our callsign or something. It ought to be on the uniform.

[x] Ask about personal items. Maybe there’s something that can jog your memory.
[x] Yeah. You think you can get up and move around a bit.

>>18205
Could the board have picked a worse time to fuck with passwords?
>>No. 18209
>>18208
These name choices are only in case of male gender. I'll need to think up something better if it's open, though.
>>No. 18210
OP here.

My bad, I forgot to mention it in text. Anon is male.
>>No. 18211
[x] "Ein.... Gietz?" (Ein Gietz is the full name he comes up with, not a real one of course)

[x] Ask about personal items. Maybe there’s something that can jog your memory
[x] Yeah. You think you can get up and move around a bit.
>>No. 18212
[x]Mumyo sounds like an excellent choice, if only to bother anon.

[x] Ask about personal items. Maybe there’s something that can jog your memory
[x] Yeah. You think you can get up and move around a bit.
>>No. 18213
[x] "Ein.... Gietz?" (Ein Gietz is the full name he comes up with, not a real one of course)

[x] Ask about personal items. Maybe there’s something that can jog your memory
[x] Yeah. You think you can get up and move around a bit.
>>No. 18216
[x] "Ein.... Gietz?" (Ein Gietz is the full name he comes up with, not a real one of course)

[x] Ask about personal items. Maybe there’s something that can jog your memory
[x] Yeah. You think you can get up and move around a bit.
>>No. 18219
[0] "Ein.... Gietz?" (Ein Gietz is the full name he comes up with, not a real one of course)

[1] Ask about personal items. Maybe there’s something that can jog your memory
[2] Yeah. You think you can get up and move around a bit.
>>No. 18220
[x] "Ein.... Gietz?" (Ein Gietz is the full name he comes up with, not a real one of course)

[x] Ask about personal items. Maybe there’s something that can jog your memory
[x] Yeah. You think you can get up and move around a bit.
>>No. 18226
[x] "Ein.... Gietz?" (Ein Gietz is the full name he comes up with, not a real one of course)

[x] Ask about personal items. Maybe there’s something that can jog your memory
[x] Yeah. You think you can get up and move around a bit.


Mumyo… No, that won’t work. That sort of name just doesn’t sit will with you, in your opinion. Perhaps it would be better to choose your own name, at least, until you figure out your real one. You rack your brain to quickly think of a name, anything other than the one offered by your benefactor. A number of generic ones rush by, none suiting your tastes… huh. One did.

“Ein… Gietz?” you say the name slowly, looking at Eirin for confirmation. “Is that okay?”

There is something about that name that you like, though the full meaning behind it escapes you at the moment.

“Ein Gietz?” the doctor repeats foreign sounding name, testing it on her tongue before nodding in acceptance. “That can work for now.”

You return her nod, then move to get yourself out of bed. As comfortable as it may be, laying around isn’t your thing. The doctor picks up on your intent and moves a little closer, laying a gentle hand on your shoulder.

“All right, gently now,” Eirin cautions you as push yourself up to your feet. Your muscles are aching dully, as if you had spent a long day strength training and exercising, but it isn’t too much for you. A little more rest would have been beneficial, but this is fine too. Finally standing, you find that your balance is a bit off, likely the result of your injuries, but it isn’t too bad. Baby steps, one foot in front of the other. Soon, you’re walking like a normal person with smooth, long strides and quiet steps.

“Well, good to see your coordination is fine,” Eirin speaks up from next to you, standing close in case of problems.

Huh. Now that you are standing, you realize that the good doctor is rather short, the top of her head just passing your shoulder. Or maybe, you are just that much taller than her. Eirin takes notice of this as well, giving you a wry grin as she looks up at you.

“A tall one, aren’t you? About one hundred ninety centimeters, I think. You’re easily the tallest one here.”

She guides you through the long hallways of this place, every bit of it the same as the last. It’s tiring, but refreshing at the same time.

“Allow me to explain how you got here,” she speaks as she walks, her voice ever professional. “We found you in the Bamboo Forest, injured and bleeding out. How you were injured and why, we do not know, but it was fortunate that you landed near us. Had it been elsewhere, I do not believe you would’ve made it. While your injuries were not severe, you could have fallen prey to the more feral residents.”

Well. Lucky you.

“You were brought in with multiple lacerations, heavy bruising, and you had lost a lot of blood. It’s been two days since then, so your recovery is surprisingly swift,” she continues on. “You can stay here until you are fully recovered, but I can only heal physical wounds. Your memory is not something I can readily treat.”

You appreciate the sympathetic look she seems to give you, though it does little to settle the renewed anxiety bubbling within. You feel so naked, so empty without your memories, the blankness of your mind leaving you feeling like an empty shell. However it happens, you hope you can remember something soon…

“Speaking of that, did I have anything on me when you found me?” you ask, an idea forming. “Maybe something can jog my memory back.”

Eirin looks thoughtful for a moment then nods in assent. “That could work. You did have a few personal effects on you, though they had to be removed for proper treatment. They are currently in my office, but you’re welcome to come by and pick them up.”

A faint shuffle of movement interrupts your conversation. From around the corner, a white rabbit hops out and up to Eirin, a folded piece of paper grasped in its mouth. The doctor accepts the note and reads through it silently, a faint grimace forming as her eyes scan it.

“Oh dear…” she murmers before looking back up at you. “I’m sorry, but it seems I am needed elsewhere. Do you think you’ll be fine on your own?”

“Yeah, I think I’ll be okay.”

“My office is further down the hall and to the left,” she gestures with a hand, directing your sight down the hall. “There should be an open box on a desk. You will find your stuff there.”

“Absolutely,” you nod and smile at her reassuringly, one that she returns.

“Help him if he needs it. Tell the others too,” the doctor leaves an order for the rabbit—did it just salute back?—before taking off and disappearing around the bend. Was Eirin the only doctor here? It’s a little strange to leave a recently awoken patient on his lonesome, even if he is able enough to move about on his own. And a little rabbit was hardly enough to assist you should anything happen… wait, where the hell did it go?

You walk up to the bend, immediately looking down the hall, managing to catch a glimpse of a shock of white dashing past another corner. Great. Now you’re short a guide in this maze of a gigantic clinic. As you sigh tiredly, a subtle, savory smell slips into your nostrils, stimulating your stomach and making your mouth water. Something smells rather tasty, and by the quiet growl of your stomach, you find a need to fill it. Doctor Yagokoro did say you were out for a day, and who knows when you last got to eat something.

Hmm… what to do…

[ ] Go get your stuff.
[ ] Follow the white rabbit.
[ ] Follow your nose.
[ ] Look for the doctor.
>>No. 18227
[x] Go get your stuff.

Chances are by the time we get back there'll be a bunny waiting on us. The other rabbit ran off to inform the others. Then we try to find out about what's cooking.
>>No. 18228
[ℤℯ] Go get your stuff.

Memory first, food second.
>>No. 18230
[x] Go get your stuff.
>>No. 18231
[x] Go get your stuff.
>>No. 18237
[0] Go get your stuff.
>>No. 18238
[x] Go get your stuff.

Hmm. As hungry as you are, you doubt anyone would react well seeing a guy in a patient’s robe and bandages suddenly waltz into their kitchen and ask for food, and that rabbit failed spectacularly as a guide. No, you’d better get your stuff and see if anything there reminds you of something. It was… down the hall and to the left, right?

Yes. This must be the place. Unlike the traditional setting outside, the office is interestingly modern and rather neat. Somehow, the room gives off the feeling of being spacious while simultaneously being filled with all sorts of furnishings expected of an office. Shelves packed with strange bottles and even stranger liquids lined the walls, labeled with names you cannot even begin to pronounce. Sets of filing cabinets take up another portion of the room, likely stuffed full of notes and medical records. The desk chair looks rather comfortable too, capable of accessing any part of the room with a mere swivel and a light push. And of course, the desk you seek, mercifully free of clutter save for a single open-top box. This must be where your stuff is.

To your disappointment, the box doesn’t hold much: a set of folded clothes, a jacket, socks, shoes, a black wrist watch, two things of red cloth, and a silver clasp.

This is it? This is all that was left on you when you were found? That can’t be right… but it’s better than nothing. The clothes unfold to be a white undershirt, white long-sleeved button-up shirt with a navy blue stripe on the collar and bottom lining of the shirt and navy blue khakis. The jacket is of similar color with white trim and has a curious fur lining around the neck, and one of the red clothes turns out to be a red tie. Oh, there’s a pair of black boxers too. All in all, just a single set of clothes… and not a single memory. Fantastic.

Well, you could try it on…

Peeling off the robe, you take notice of the extent to which you were patched up. Long bandages crisscross your chest and abdomen, stopping just a little but up your neck. Your hands and forearms are bandaged up too, as well as the upper part of your legs. This shouldn’t be too uncomfortable with the clothes. Checking the door, you carefully slide on each piece of clothing, noting their feel and weight. The shirts are interestingly light and soft, while pants feel rather durable. The shoes, actually boots, are snug and solid. The jacket feels similar to the pants, thick and heavy, but you feel comfortable in it. The tie goes on last, the silver clasp going on just under the knot and… how did you know this?

You blink at the sudden knowledge. You just knew that it went there, despite not recognizing anything. Even more odd, your watch doesn’t seem to match up with the day’s time. Despite it saying 0200 hours, it is afternoon at best.

More questions upon the ones you already had, none of them resolved. It’s frustrating, but you calm yourself quickly enough. A piece of red cloth remains, a sort of bandanna that has no immediate use, so you just stuff it into your pocket for now. There’s a mirror above the desk, just big enough to see yourself and bits of your upper body. The doctor must have used it to see whoever came in through the door. So how do you look?

Huh. It’s a simple look, but neat. If it weren’t for the mess of bandages covering much of your body, you figure you’d look rather decent—

“Is that your new uniform? It looks nice on you.”

“Thanks. I’m not a fan of the tie, but it’s not too bad.”

“Oh, don’t be like that. I think it makes you look more mature.”

“You think so?”

“Yeah! Look, we


—Ugh.

Your hand shoots out to catch yourself as a surge of dizziness weakens your balance, your other hand coming up to your head in reflex. What the hell was that about? A memory? Was that a memory?

You take several deep breathes to steady yourself. So you did remember something… but what? It was such a short and nonsensical one, with no context in which to compare it to. As great as having a memory may be, it still doesn’t answer anything about you, leaving you still at square one. But… at least you have one. It is short and it makes no sense, but it is your memory.

The dizziness passes after a few moments.

[ ] Go check out that kitchen
[ ] It’s rabbit season. Find that damn bunny.
[ ] Wander around
>>No. 18239
[x] Check your room to see if there's a rabbit waiting for you
-[x] If so have her guide you to the dining area or getting you food, one of the two.
-[x] If not, try heading to the dining area yourself.

If that rabbit that ran off was Tewi, it'd be pointless to chase after her.
>>No. 18240
[x] Check your room to see if there's a rabbit waiting for you
-[x] If so have her guide you to the dining area or getting you food, one of the two.
-[x] If not, try heading to the dining area yourself.
>>No. 18241
[x] Check your room to see if there's a rabbit waiting for you
--[x] If so have her guide you to the dining area or getting you food, one of the two.
--[x] Wonder what the fuck are you doing following a rabbit.
-[x] If not, try heading to the dining area yourself.
--[x] And wonder why the fuck were you expecting a rabbit to show up.
>>No. 18243
[x] Check your room to see if there's a rabbit waiting for you
-[x] If so have her guide you to the dining area or getting you food, one of the two.
-[x] If not, try heading to the dining area yourself.
>>No. 18244
[x] Check your room to see if there's a rabbit waiting for you
--[x] If so have her guide you to the dining area or getting you food, one of the two.
--[x] Wonder what the fuck are you doing following a rabbit.
-[x] If not, try heading to the dining area yourself.
--[x] And wonder why the fuck were you expecting a rabbit to show up.

Hey, author-person. By "rabbit," as you're using it, do you mean a Tewi-esque bunny girl, or an actual hippity-hopping, four-legged rabbit?
(At least, as far as what the protagonist sees.)
>>No. 18246
[0] Check your room to see if there's a rabbit waiting for you
-[1] If so have her guide you to the dining area or getting you food, one of the two.
-[2] If not, try heading to the dining area yourself.
>>No. 18247
>>18244

Rabbit-rabbit, not Tewi-esque bunny girl.
>>No. 18249
[x] Check your room to see if there's a rabbit waiting for you
-[x] If so have her guide you to the dining area or getting you food, one of the two.
-[x] If not, try heading to the dining area yourself.
>>No. 18250
[X] Check your room to see if there's a rabbit waiting for you
--[X] If so have her guide you to the dining area or getting you food, one of the two.
--[X] Wonder what the fuck are you doing following a rabbit.
-[X] If not, try heading to the dining area yourself.
--[X] And wonder why the fuck were you expecting a rabbit to show up.
>>No. 18251
>>18247
Ah, okay.
>>No. 18261
[x] Check your room to see if there's a rabbit waiting for you
-[x] If so have her guide you to the dining area or getting you food, one of the two.
-[x] If not, try heading to the dining area yourself.


Your stomach seems to have a mind of its own, unable to read the atmosphere and carelessly growling to reassert its lack of contentment.

Alright, alright. We’ll go find some food

You clean up a bit by placing the discarded robe neatly into the box and taking it with you. The delicious smells are even stronger now, enticing you to move a little bit faster. As you backtrack to your room, however, you feel… a little naked. It wasn’t really noticeable before, but after a bit of walking you have this sense that something is missing, that with what you are wearing now is incomplete. You find it puzzling, this strange anxiety that leaves you feeling unprepared, but you haven’t a clue as to what exactly you’re missing.

You reach your room soon enough and… That’s odd. The door was still open when you had left.

Shrugging, you slide open the door and take a step in—Egads.

Hundreds of beady red eyes amidst a sea of fluffy white turn to stare at you, gazing through you into your soul. It’s... rather creepy how they just gaze emotionlessly and unblinkingly at you, a collective silent “what are you doing here?” smothering the atmosphere. Despite this definitely being the room you had awakened in, you feel very much like the intruder.

“Err… I’ll just leave this here,” you manage to sputter out and place the box just inside the room. “Excuse me.”

The door closes with a quiet clack.

…What happened just now?

“Weird rabbits…”

“Look who’s talking, mister John Doe,” a voice behind you suddenly speaks up.

“Geh!” a small cry manages to escape your lips as you whirl around, immediately taking notice of two floppy white ears on top of a mop of black hair. Large red eyes and a child’s body, this pink-clad girl is giving you a strange grin as you calm down.

“Jumpy too. You’re worse than a rabbit.”

Somehow, her appearance does not seem to bother you, however inhuman she looks.

“Then excuse me for being snuck up on,” you mutter.

“That’s real sloppy, soldier boy. Of all things, you let an earth rabbit get behind you,” she gives an exaggerated sigh and shrug of her shoulders.

Your brow furrows, “What are you talking about? What do you know about me?”

“Poor nameless man, lost and all alone~! With nary a thought of his own~!” the rabbit girl sing-songs as she hops just outside of your reach. “Maybe I do know something about you, or maybe not? How important is it to you~?”

Goddamn this girl is pissing you off. She’s mocking your entire situation and dangling the remote possibility of knowing something about you. There’s nothing about that says she’s lying, but there’s also nothing that says she’s telling the truth. You take a step towards her, to which she merely hops away.

“If you can catch me, I’ll tell you whatever you want to know-usa~!” she bounds away with alarming speed. Barely a blink and she’s already dashed off down the hall, giving you a mocking salute as she pauses a ways down.

[ ] Dirty rabbit is dirty. Give chase.
[ ] Screw that. Find food.
[ ] Write in?
>>No. 18262
[x] Screw that. Find food.

We'll get that rabbit another time, now it's time for food. That and chasing Tewi is hard enough on a filled stomach, let alone an empty one.
>>No. 18263
[ ] Screw that. Find food.
>>No. 18265
[X] Screw that. Find food.
Fuck you Tewi.
>>No. 18266
[x] Screw that. Find food.
>>No. 18267
[X] Screw that. Find food.
>>No. 18269
[x] Screw that. Find food.

Teasewi.
>>No. 18271
[X] Screw that. Find food.
>>No. 18280
[x] Screw that. Find food.

Bah. There would be nothing gained in chasing a speedy little thing like that. Even at your best, you doubt you’d be able to even keep up. With those thoughts in mind, you shake your head and walk away, missing the mocking raspberry of that rabbit.

So! Finally, on the prowl for food, a quest to which your stomach, as well as the rest of your body, is thankful for. The smells have gotten even stronger since last time, making it easier to follow. As if pulling you along, you track the source of the delicious scent as best you can. Some odd twists and turns later, all you find is more of the same thing: hallways, and not a bunny in sight to “help out.” Your stomach demands it be filled, however, and you continue your quest.

Ah-ha. The scent is growing stronger, the hallways becoming less and less confusing. It seems there’s only one path now, and it goes straight to your goal. Ooorrr not. This appears to the dining room, where several settings have already been placed on the low table. It’s fairly big and spacious, perfect for large parties or just a simple meal. You can hear a faint humming coming from a nearby open door.

“Just a little longer! Lunch is almost ready,” a girl’s voice calls out from the room. Ah, she must have heard you come in. “Just have a seat and I’ll be right out~”

That’s… odd. A strange feeling of déjà vu hits you suddenly. Was there something familiar about this…?

You remain standing, however, looking around to study the dining room a little bit. Another door is open nearby, revealing the sunny outdoors… and a lot of bamboo. Oh right, the Bamboo Forest, the place in which you were found…

“I’m done~” a cheery voice causes you to turn around, catching sight of a tall girl with long lavender hair and… bunny ears too? She’s wearing a white button-up with a red tie and blue skirt. There’s a pink apron covering her front too, with a cute bunny head print on it, and in her arms looks to be a delicious meal.

“Ah!?”

She sees you and immediately jumps back in shock and surprise, her pan of delicious food slipping from her hands.

DEAR GOD NO.

Immediately, you react, moving with a speed you never knew you had. In a blink of the eye you had closed the distance between you and the bunny girl, your hand shooting out to catch the handle of the dropped plate. A few bits fall out, but the rest is successfully saved. That was close…

“U-um… are you okay?” her voice brings your attention back to the present.

“Huh?” You look at her, then at the plate.

You… how did you do that?

“The food…”

“Oh! Sorry,” you hand the plate back to her, studying her face as you do. Cute, definitely, and her eyes are strangely attractive.

“It, um, it smells good.”

“Oh, thank you! It’s, um, only a part of lunch though.”

The silence that followed was thick. Why is this so awkward?

“Err, oh, my name is Ein, Ein Gietz,” you introduce yourself hastily in an effort to banish the strange silence. “What’s yours?”

“Um… you don’t know who I am?”

Should you? “No, I’m afraid I was not introduced to you…”

“Oh! Um, my name is Reisen, though master Eirin calls me Udongein…” she trails off. She seems exceedingly shy around you, though this could just be how she is. The rabbit girl seems to fidget in place under your gaze, unable to keep solid eye contact with you. Still, you don’t want to make her feel uncomfortable, so you do your best to be natural and friendly.

“Nice to meet you Reisen,” you give her a kind smile, one she returns timidly.

“W-well! I need to set this table. Lady Kaguya and the others will be coming shortly for lunch, so if you could wait until everyone’s here, then we can all eat, okay?”

[ ] Help out
[ ] Sit and wait
[ ] Custom?
>>No. 18283
[x] Help out
[x] Strike up a conversation and try and see if she shares some of what she knows about you.
>>No. 18286
[ ] Sit and wait
>>No. 18291
File 125732540848.jpg - (643.92KB, 2135x1517, 1204263896987.jpg) [iqdb]
18291
[c] Help out
[c] Strike up a conversation and try and see if she shares some of what she knows about you.
>>No. 18292
[x] Help out
[x] Strike up a conversation and try and see if she shares some of what she knows about you.
>>No. 18293
[x] Help out
[x] Strike up a conversation and try and see if she shares some of what she knows about you.

Anything for Reisen.
>>No. 18295
[x] Help out
[x] Strike up a conversation and try and see if she shares some of what she knows about you.


“Actually, could I help out?”

“Eh?”

“I mean, if there’s anything I can help out with,” you quickly correct yourself. Gah. Why do you sound like some nervous teenager? But, at least you’re not the only one being like this. Reisen here looks like she’s meeting a guy for the first time in her life, hesitating and fidgeting under your gaze.

“B-but, aren’t you the master’s patient? I couldn’t let an injured person do any work.

“They’re just dishes, right? It’s not like I’ll be carrying a table around,” you bust that argument easily. “Besides, the only injury I really care about is my memory…”

The look she gives you is one of confusion and curiosity, inviting you to expand.

“I don’t remember anything about me, where I’m from, what I did, or who I am,” you explain with a sad smile. “Ein Gietz… that’s just a placeholder.

“I don’t suppose you would know something about me?” you hopefully ask. It’s a bit of a longshot, but who knows…

There she goes, fidgeting again. There’s something bothering her, and she’s not doing a good job at hiding it. Anxious but pensive, she tries to answer your question as best she can.

“I’m sorry!” she bows to you suddenly, her long hair cascading around her. “I don’t know anything. But, um, I was the one that found you in the Bamboo Forest.”

“Oh! Then I have you to thank for saving me?” you’re smiling again, grateful that this girl would help you out so readily. It figures that she doesn’t know anything about you…

“I didn’t do much” she waves off your gratitude. “I only did basic first aid until the master could come. The other rabbits helped carry you here, and, well, here we are.”

“I suppose I owe this entire place my life then. I heard from the doctor that I may have been consumed by the more wild creatures in this place.

“Y-yes. It’s good, isn’t it?”

It’s strangely easy to talk to Reisen, you find, as the topic shifts around. You’ve barely known each other for five minutes, and you’re speaking to each other comfortably, the rabbit girl’s earlier nervousness having faded away as you chat more. Apparently she was out on a walk when she found you, bloody and battered, but no obvious reason as to why you were in such a state. Small talk is a little difficult as it’s mostly one-sided, though you enjoy hearing Reisen talk about her days here at Eientei, her duties, and about the other residents. She’s smiling, though, and she looks to be enjoying the conversation. The mention of other rabbits makes you think of that pesky one in a pink dress—oh, she’ll get hers. As you talk, you help her carry in a few more side dishes and rice, setting up the table for… five people?

Huh. There’s more people here?

“Reiiiiseeenn~” a pleasantly sing-song voice comes from the hallway door. “Is the food ready yet~?”

Porcelain skin and long straight black hair, with dark brown eyes that match the pink and dark red outfit she wore; a young woman steps into the dining room and peers around. “Ara? Is this our guest?”

There’s something about her… it nags you in the back of your head. What is it?

“Oh! Lady Kaguya, the food is ready. We’re just waiting for everyone else to arrive,” Reisen greets the newcomer, bowing slightly before gesturing to you. “Um, this is Ein Gietz, and yes, he is our guest.”

“Gietz? I see… I apologize for not greeting your personally earlier,” she gives you a graceful and elegant curtsy. “My name is Kaguya Houraisan, lady of this household. Bow down before me!”

Suddenly, you find yourself on one knee, your head bowed and your left arm at your chest. Blinking, you are not entirely sure just how you got into this position. The moment lady Kaguya spoke those words, you just moved automatically. Was this the power of charisma?

“Ohoho~! At last, someone who truly respects a noble of my position,” she laughs into her sleeve. “But really, you need not bow to me, sir. It was a mere joke. Please, stand.”

Her words somehow unlocks your limbs, letting you stand. Just in time too, as the lovely doctor Eirin steps in along with… that damn rabbit girl. She blows a raspberry at you as you narrow your eyes at her, though nothing else comes from it. Hiding it in plain sight, are you? Cheeky little wretch.

“I see you have retrieved your belongings,” Eirin observes, giving you a once over. “I trust everything is to your liking?”

“Hmm, there’s a small rabbit infestation in my room, but nothing too terrible,” you admit with a shrug, earning a mild chuckle from the doctor.

Lunch is peaceful, with the others chatting amiably amongst each other. You opt to merely listen in and not interrupt, but there is an air of awkwardness amongst the others. Perhaps it’s because you are here, the literal fifth wheel. Despite their generosity, you are still a stranger here, one with no real identity. Abruptly, you are embroiled in a war against the little rabbit girl for the last pickle, your respective utensils clashed in stalemate.

“It’s mine!”

“I was here first.”

“Respect your elders, soldier boy!”

“Stop being so damn confusing!”

“Sorry for being so cute~!” she somehow manages saccharine sweet smile while twisting your hand away.

“Mmm, the last one is always the best,” Kaguya makes a pleased sound as she chews on the last pickle—wait what.

“Tewi, you shouldn’t be so rude to our guest,” Reisen slips in an admonishment, to which she gets a raspberry back.

Someday, you are going to cut that tongue off of that girl, Tewi. Oh yes…

Afterwards…

[ ] Help clean up
[ ] Chat with
- Eirin
- Kaguya
- Tewi (attempt)
[ ] Punish puny little rabbit
[ ] Excuse yourself to your room.
>>No. 18296
[x] Chat with
- Tewi (attempt)

You were both upstaged by Kaguya. Commiserate and gather info.
>>No. 18297
[x] Punish puny little rabbit

It's wabbit season.
>>No. 18298
[c] Help clean up.

After that, if we have the time:
[c] Chat with Kaguya.
>>No. 18299
[x] Punish puny little rabbit
Then.
[x] Chat with Kaguya.
I'm curious about the bow incident... charisma doesn't work that way.
>>No. 18300
[x] Help clean up.

After that, if we have the time:
[x] Chat with Kaguya.

Sounds good, and I think Tewi will expect any kind of retaliation at this point. Let her stew over fear of what might come her way.
>>No. 18310
Hmm. These votes are rather scattered, so I can't call it just yet. I'll wait until the morning.
>>No. 18311
>>18300
Fine, as long as we don't forget to get our revenge.

[x] Help clean up.

After that, if we have the time:
[x] Chat with Kaguya.
>>No. 18372
[x] Chat with
- Tewi (attempt)
>>No. 18384
[x] Help clean up.
>>No. 18387
Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I forgot to mention that I’m terribly busy during the weekends, so no updates then. Otherwise, I’ll try my best to get one out daily.

[ ] Help clean up
[ ] Chat with
-Kaguya


Reisen is quick to gather the finished dishes, taking an armful back to the kitchen. Seeing that no one else is willing to go and help, you slide out of your seat and help out, much to the amused looks from others.

You gather the rest of the dishes and follow the rabbit girl into the kitchen, just as she manages to place her load into the sink. She gives you an awkward smile, quietly thanking you for bringing in the rest of the dishes. Warm water runs from the sink as Reisen gets to washing, barely catching her yelp of surprise as you suddenly take place next to her with a dry towel. You manage to catch the cleaned dish in her hand and give it a once-through.

“Y-you don’t have to do this!” she tries to shoo you off, but you refuse to comply.

“Hey now, I’d feel terrible if I left you to do all the work,” you give her a disarming smile. “Besides, I want to help. You can’t deny me that, right?”

Reisen seems to gradually accept your presence, quieting going back to scrubbing the dishes and rising them.

“This is fine, I guess…”

A quiet whisper, one that you barely catch. The sound of the running sink and clatter of dishes nearly drown out the words, but somehow you pick up on it.

“Hmm? Did you say something?” you say, just in case.

Her head snaps around to look at you in surprise “Nothing! It’s nothing. I’m just not used to getting help, that’s all.”

For some reason, that awkwardness between you two had returned in the time you had lunch, but it’s not as bad as before. A somewhat-comfortable silence sets in as you and Reisen settle into a rhythm, she washing and rinsing while you dry and stack away. Given that only five of you ate and the meal was light, the two of you finish in record time. The rabbit girl thanks you for your work before finally shooing you out of the kitchen – there were other tasks for her to do, but you’d only get in the way.

Rejected by the Reisen, you return to the dining room, pleasantly surprised that your host remains at the table.

“Oh, lady Kaguya,” you greet her. “Did the others leave already?”

She returns your greeting with a graceful nod before answering your question, “Indeed. Eirin is always busy with producing medicines and Inaba rarely stays in one place for long.”

“I see,” you reply, suddenly at a loss at what to say. Much like with Reisen, lacking memories makes conversation rather difficult to hold…

“Sit with me,” she motions to a cushion near her, waiting for you to sit before continuing. “How are you feeling, Mister Gietz? Or would you prefer I call you Ein?”

“Ein would be fine, lady Kaguya. I am feeling quite well, thank you. You are a very gracious host for letting me into your home and caring for me. For that, I thank you,” the words spill from your tongue smoothly, every bit carefully articulated and rich with respect. It seems completely natural to speak like this in front of Kaguya, though something is nagging at you in some dark corner of your mind.

“Don’t be silly! I could not just leave a man to bleed to death on my land! I only did what was right, getting Eiren and the rabbits to help you,” she speaks with amazing charisma. There’s something about her that makes you want to just… follow her. “Of course, I expect nothing in return, other than to see you recover fully.”

“I think I have met some of those rabbits. Who else resides here?”

“Eirin, myself, and an army of rabbits live here in Eientei. You’ve already met Tewi and Reisen – they tend to be in charge of the rabbits.”

Hmm. For such a big place, there does not seem like many people… unless you count the rabbits, but even then, they’re pretty small.

“Now then, Ein, I do have a request…”

“Yes?” You sit up at attention, eager to hear her.

Kaguya gives you a cheerful smile, “Stop that overtly formal speech.”

…What? Formal speech?

“The way you are speaking, most would reserve that for royalty and the very proper,” she answers your unspoken question. “As you can see, this is hardly a palace.”

“Erm… I’m sorry. I didn’t even realize I was doing that,” you say with a bow, to which you receive a light thwap to the back of your head.

“Stop that too! You need not be so formal,” Kaguya admonishes you lightly, putting away the folded fan she likely used to punish you with. “Or… do you prefer to distance yourself from us?”

This behavior… it’s utterly bizarre. Under no coercion you had automatically addressed Kaguya as if she were a princess, yet you feel it completely necessary and even natural to do so.

“No! That is hardly my inten—I mean, that is…argh,” you sigh, tongue-tied. A soft giggle makes you look up with a defeated grin, admitting your defeat. “That was mean, but you got me, Kaguya.”

“That’s better,” she nods with authority but retains that lighthearted smile. Suddenly, she stands, brushing off her lap, “I have something to do now, so I must go. Do take care of yourself, Ein.”

What shall you do for the rest of the day?

[ ] Rest in your room
[ ] Find someone (choose)
[ ] Explore Eientei
[ ] Something else?
>>No. 18388
[x] Explore Eientei
-[x] If you find someone, stop to chat a bit.
>>No. 18389
[x] Find someone - Eirin

Reisen is busy, Tewi will probably prank Ein, and there's no real reason to go find Kaguya again.

See if you can gain some information about yourself from her. Maybe by way of reflex tests, etc.
>>No. 18394
I wonder if that forced formal talking might be due to some latent mental training program Ein went through.
>>No. 18395
[x] Find someone - Eirin

Okay.
>>No. 18396
[x] Find someone - Eirin
>>No. 18401
Wow, red flags for a major plot twist down the road, all over the place.

I get the feeling that this isn't the first time he has met them
>>No. 18447
[x] Find someone - Eirin

With Kaguya’s departure, it’s suddenly very quiet. Reisen is still in the kitchen cleaning up, but you feel that you’ve bothered her enough. So what else is there to do here? Your watch still gives an abnormal time: 0340 hours. Without something to correct your time to, it seems you will have to deal with this inaccuracy. At least you can tell how much time has passed.

In any case, you should do something rather than just sit here. With Reisen busy, Kaguya off doing her thing, and that damn rabbit having fled somewhere into the building, there was one obvious choice: visit the good doctor. Maybe you could ask her about your condition? It would be a good plan, if only you could find her. Checking her office yields no results

“Uh, hey,” you try lamely, mentally shaking your head at the absurdity of it all. You’re talking to a rabbit; one that seems to understand human speech, but a rabbit nonetheless. Your attempt is rewarded when the fluffy little creature freezes in place and cranes its head to look at you, its beady red eyes staring unblinkingly into your own. It makes no effort to acknowledge you, however, opting instead to simply stare.

“Could you show me where the doctor is? I need to talk to her,” you say, uncomfortable with the awkward tension.

It stares at you for a moment longer, unmoving, silent… then it bolts.

“Hey! Don’t run off!” you exclaim as you give chase, following it as it hops past the bend. It still aches a bit, but not too badly.

As you turn, you stifle a yelp of surprise as you duck a strangely low hanging lantern, then leap over an inappropriately placed usu mortar. A table left in your path forces you to drop and slide under the furniture. What the hell is all this crap doing in your way?! Oh dammit. Those rabbits are messing with you! And it seems to be getting worse, forcing you to move completely on instinct as you move and climb over a literal mountain of junk in an effort to keep up with the bunny.

A swinging clay pot nearly takes your head off just as a second one tries to knock your feet out from under you. Just beyond that, another flying pot comes in from the middle, with barely enough time to slip underneath it.

Oh jeez—

“That’s a pretty tough obstacle course, isn’t it?”

“Yeah. Randomized every time you run through it, and we need to do it in full kit. It’s pretty exhausting, especially when you add in the bullet curtain.”

“Heeeh~ that’s scary! Ours isn’t nearly as difficult—we don’t even have the randomized elements.”

“You girls got it pretty easy…”

“Hey, you want to get lunch? I managed to get a bonus meal ticket!”

“You lucky—”

—Dammit, that headache again! It disorients you enough to make you miss the length of rope pulled taut by your ankles. The result is predictable, with you lurching forward as your legs do not, tripping over the trap and sending you sprawling to the wooden floor. Your momentum manages to carry you over the strangely well-waxed floor, stopping only when most of your body impacts one of the walls. Arrrggghhh…

A wall—door, actually—slides open near you, the tall figure of Eirin appearing at the threshold.

“Oh, Ein. What are you doing there?” she asks, giving you amused look.

“I am in an extraordinary amount of discomfort at the moment, courtesy of your rabbit army,” you mutter flatly, wincing at the renewed pulsing ache in your limbs and neck. It’s not too bad, but you could’ve definitely gone without that little escapade.

“Do you require an analgesic?”

“No, I’m fine. The only thing really injured is my pride,” you try to brush off the pain as you push yourself up, brushing the dust off you as you stand.

“Well, that should heal quickly, though I suppose I should go tell the rabbits not to pull any tricks like that in the future. You’re still healing,” Eirin gives you a once over before establishing eye contact again. “Now then, was there something you wanted?”

That was just tricks?! It felt more like they were seriously trying to hurt you there! But you remain quiet, wishing to stay on topic.

“Ah, yeah. I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me regarding my condition,” you explain, catching a glance over her shoulder into her laboratory. It seems she was in the middle of something when you arrived in your spectacular fashion. “That is, if you’re free?”

“Hmm, I was waiting for the solution to precipitate, but that won’t happen for another hour when it cools,” Eirin eyes a flask of dark blue liquid, motes of red dissolving into the solution as a green reagent drips slowly into it. “What questions do you have?”

“My memory block… do you know what’s going on with it? I know that you said time would heal it, but I’m a little anxious to know how long it’ll take, or if there are any ways of speeding up the process.”

“Hmm,” she hums, looking at you while tapping her chin in thought. “The source of your retrograde memory loss isn’t really known. It could be post-traumatic amnesia from your injury, as you did have some head trauma. Or, you could be suffering from dissociative amnesia, though in your case, dissociative fugue. Something may have happened to you prior or leading up to your injury, and that psychological damage sealed off your memory. Most forms of memory loss are transient, but we can only hope that your problem is not a permanent one.

“My forte is in chemistry and pharmacological research, and as such I know a few possible remedies. I cannot guarantee their effectiveness, however, as any case of memory loss is rarely the same. Hypnotism is an alternative that has mixed results, but who knows? Maybe it will work for you?”

Hmm…

[ ] Drug Therapy
[ ] Hypnotic Therapy
[ ] Maybe you should just let it heal itself...
>>No. 18448
[X] Hypnotic Therapy
>>No. 18449
File 125847070699.jpg - (158.00KB, 600x450, 10c9e79fe2ee9794cbc8fe8859a373cc.jpg) [iqdb]
18449
[c] Hypnotic Therapy
>>No. 18450
[x] Hypnotic Therapy
What's the worst that could happen.
>>No. 18451
[x] Hypnotic Therapy

This is sure to uncover something about us.
>>No. 18458
[x] Maybe you should just let it heal itself...

Memory is for chumps.
>>No. 18465
[x] Hypnotic Therapy

Save the meds for later. Letting it heal on it's own is boring.
>>No. 18474
[ ] Hypnotic Therapy

The idea of ingesting or injecting those strange colored chemicals into your body does not seem to appeal to you in the slightest. Hypnotism, however, seems a little more viable. It could get you somewhere, faster than just sitting around at least. You've nothing to lose, right?

“I think the alternative therapy would be good,” you tell her, getting a strange look from Eirin in return. Did she just look disappointed?

“As you wish. Allow me to go get the… needed equipment. Could you wait for me at my office?” she waits for you acknowledgement before slipping out of the room and closing the door behind her. You follow her for part of the way before splitting off to her office, still spotless and undisturbed. You take this moment to examine some of the more interesting things in the room, like the large collection of chemicals or the strange little desk gimmick with four orbs that seem to bounce off each other at the ends.

Eirin’s voice comes from the door, the doctor quietly gliding in, “Ein, are you ready?”

And right behind her was… Reisen?

“Yes, but, what’s Reisen doing here?”

“Udonge is best suited for this task. Why she may not seem like it, she actually has the ability to manipulate wavelengths.”

“Master! Please don’t tease me!” Reisen interrupts with a gentle complaint, giving the doctor a pouting look. Eirin softly chuckles back as she gently ruffles the rabbit girl’s hair in apology, before returning attention back to you.

“In this way, she may be able to stimulate your brainwaves and perhaps unlock something hidden away by your subconscious.”

That’s… a unique ability, to say the least. You honestly did not expect a person like Reisen to have such a power, but a part of you wonders how else it could be used…

“Okay… so what should I do?”

“Just take a seat, and Udonge will do the rest. Don’t worry, she’s my apprentice, and she has learned a lot over the years.”

You follow the doctor’s instruction and grab a seat on a nearby stool, Reisen coming to sit across from you in Eirin’s office chair. You face her as she spins the chair around to look at you, her face one of focused concentration.

“Okay. Remain calm and look into my eyes. Try to clear your mind and…” her eyes seem to gaze into your soul. “Embrace eternity.”

Her eyes suddenly come alight in a brilliant red glow as you literally feel something tickling your brain. It’s a gentle touch, an ethereal finger running over the inside of your head. It kind of tickles, really, but other than that you don’t feel much diff—

—“She is the newest member of our team. Treat her like one of us.”

She came in, nervous and unsure, but she stood tall.

“I am in your care…”

dsaffostopjelwaghasdfcbmoweirglsdfhasdferhgc

“I can’t believe you got into our group.”

An indignant pout. She looked adorable.

“Hey! I’m not that bad!”

“I’m kidding! Relax—Ow ow stop hitting me!”

“Do you know how hard it was?!”

Tears?

“Ahh jeez… don’t cry.”

adsfhgahohelplbzxsadf0qdafajsdkfjoedavbasdf

“You ready for this?”

She was nervous. We all were.

“I hope so…”

“Don’t worry, we got your back.”

Everyone gave her a reassuring smile. They trusted her. She smiled back.

pop4i3oklk5013vgkg493-9dfj39sdf234dfzxfg

You gasp as you are suddenly returned to the present, gasping for air as your head throbs in pain. It’s not too bad, but it’s such a deep and piercing stabbing that it sends a large wave of nausea and dizziness through your body. Your vision is unfocused, but you can still make out the shape and color of Reisen still sitting in front of you. Eirin’s hand gently grasps your shoulder, steadying you, as well as bringing your attention to her.

“So, what did you see?” the doctor asks.

“I… I saw…

[ ] A friend.
[ ] Family.
[ ] What the hell was that?
[ ] _____________
>>No. 18475
It could have been a series of images corresponding to Ein's favorite TV show, but I'll go with

[x] A friend.
>>No. 18476
[c] A friend.
>>No. 18482
[x] A friend.

Seems like a Comrade in his past, a possibly female one.
>>No. 18483
[x] A friend.
>>No. 18484
[X] A lover.

Total Route Collapse.
>>No. 18488
[ℤℯ] Family.
>>No. 18490
[ ] A friend.

“I saw…”

—She smiled back—

“I saw a friend. I couldn’t see her face, but… I know she was a friend. And she had a kind smile.”

Just thinking about it makes your stomach and heart clench, a strange mix of melancholy, sadness, and… anger? Maybe she did something that bothered you. Whatever the case, it’s not something you can worry about now; you’re just glad you have some sort of memory back, as fragmented and nonsensical as they may seem.

“A friend? I see,” Eirin murmurs as she jots the information down on a piece of paper. “Was there anything else?”

“I thought her pout was adorable?” you look at the doctor with a lopsided grin, earning a small chuckle in return. “And… she looked very sad when she cried.”

“You said you couldn’t see her face?”

“It’s a feeling, rather. I didn’t see her face, yeah, but there was something about that memory, I just know she was crying and felt very sad. I remember feeling terrible about it, since it was… I don’t know, a bad joke, perhaps? Or maybe I said something I shouldn’t have.”

“Hmm,” Eirin hums and scratches down a few more notes.

“There were others, also faceless, but… I feel close to them. I wish I knew who they were.”

—“We got your back.”—

“Friends? I think they were good friends. There’s something nostalgic about them,”

Your gaze, once centered on your hands, travels up to meet Reisen’s eyes. Yet, she seems rather out of it, her attention far off and her eyes unfocused. She does not seem very comfortable at the moment, with her lips twisted into a very small grimace. Was she angry about something?

“Reisen? Are you okay?”

The rabbit girl snaps awake at your voice, her eyes refocusing and meeting yours.

“Y-yeah! I’m fine! Just a little tired, that’s all. I’m not all that great with using my ability in that way, but at least it got you to remember something!” she gives you a smile, one that you decide you like very much.

“Yes, it’s great,” you nod your agreement, returning a smile of your own. A satisfied peace settles in between the two of you, though Eirin eventually cuts in with a polite cough.

“Ahem, well, I suppose this could be considered a successful application of the treatment, and another attempt should be tried. However, considering your conditions after the process, we should take ample time to rest before trying again. We would not want to burn out, now would we?”

A good idea, yes. Reisen already nods her assent and stands to leave, while you mimic the action. What the doctor said was true: you feel mentally exhausted. Perhaps not to the point where you will pass out, but you don’t think you could handle another session like that in the immediate future.

“Now then, I do have my project I need to get back to, and Reisen has her own work to do. You’re free to do as you wish, Ein. Take care now,” she tucks her notes away in her dress and departs with wave. Reisen soon follows, giving you a slight bow before scampering off, leaving you to your lonesome.

Hmm, what to do, what to do… you shouldn’t bother Eirin, since she has those chemicals to deal with, especially if the hour has passed already.

Wait, did that really take an hour? A quick inspection of your watch disagrees. The entire process happened in less than fifteen minutes, most of which was spent waiting. Huh. That was much faster than you expected, though this means that you have more time that you previously believed you had…

[ ] Earn your keep – treatment isn’t free
-Help Eirin in her pharmacy
-Assist Reisen with her chores
[ ] Get to know your host better – meet with Kaguya
[ ] Seek vengeance against the rabbits… and Tewi.
[ ] Go sleep a bit…
[ ] ___________
>>No. 18491
[x] Earn your keep – treatment isn’t free
-Assist Reisen with her chores
>>No. 18493
[X] Earn your keep – treatment isn’t free.
-[X] Assist Reisen with her chores.

Bunny.
>>No. 18494
[x] Earn your keep – treatment isn’t free
-Assist Reisen with her chores

I'm going for Reisen at the moment.
>>No. 18495
[x] Earn your keep – treatment isn’t free
-Assist Reisen with her chores

This is the best course of action to take.
>>No. 18496
[x] Earn your keep – treatment isn’t free
-Assist Reisen with her chores
>>No. 18497
[x] Earn your keep – treatment isn’t free
- (x) Help Eirin in her pharmacy

Doctor, doctor~
>>No. 18498
[x] Earn your keep – treatment isn’t free
-Assist Reisen with her chores
>>No. 18500
[c] Earn your keep – treatment isn’t free.
-Assist Reisen with her chores.

If we have time...
[c] Get to know your host better – meet with Kaguya.
>>No. 18507
[X] Earn your keep – treatment isn’t free.
-[X] Assist Reisen with her chores.
>>No. 18521
I regret that all I have to present is this meager update. The weekend was kinda tough.

[x] Earn your keep – treatment isn’t free
-Assist Reisen with her chores


Well, Eirin is the doctor, but Reisen is pretty much your life saver. As such, you feel you owe much more to her than the others here (not that anyone else deserves less, except that damn Tewi). Since she seems to be a very hard worker, perhaps you could help her out with her chores? Barely half a day since your initial awakening, and you’re feeling pretty good; your energy is high and despite the lingering ache in your body you feel you can do some harder work.

So! Where is Reisen?

That’s odd. You briefly search what little areas you know of the building for the rabbit girl, but she is nowhere to be found. Perhaps if you looked at the places she is most likely to be?

The kitchen? No, nothing there. The dining room? Empty. Maybe in the bathroom? A knock on the door yields only silence. Hell, the entire house seems to be completely silent. Not a single human, or rabbit, in sight. It’s somewhat eerie, despite it being midday, but you don’t let it bother too much. Perhaps there’s someone outside? The fresh air would do you some good, too, as well as a change of scenery.

And indeed, it’s quite refreshing to be outside. It’s comfortably warm for a sunny afternoon, though you don’t really see much other than bamboo. As far as the eye can see, young and old bamboo stalks tower above you mercilessly. You were lost in there, somewhere, only to be found by Reisen and graciously brought here and your wounds treated…

Yeah, you definitely owe her. But where in world is she? No one had mentioned her leaving, so she still had to be in the immediate area.

You decide to walk around a bit, getting an idea of the outside’s layout. And, much like the inside, it looks all the same outside. A part of you wonders if any of the residents here ever get bored of the scenery, considering it’s the same thing no matter where they go. At least the sky is wide and open, the bamboo cleared away to give you an unhindered view of the sky. The night sky must be amazing to see…

Wait. What was that?

A faint murmur, coming from around the corner. Was someone there?

Quietly you creep up to the corner and peek around it. There’s no one. So what was that noise…? Oh, you notice a very small window just a bit above you, open. From there you can hear the faint chatter of speech, though from here it is quite muddled. You can’t tell who’s talking, either. You feel that you shouldn’t arbitrarily eavesdrop on a conversation, but a single word manages to slip out that catches your attention.

“Gietz.”

Hmm? They’re talking about you?

[ ] Focus. Listen in.
[ ] Quietly leave.
[ ] Go inside and join them
[ ] ____________
>>No. 18522
[c] Focus. Listen in.
[c] Quietly leave. You don't want to startle anyone.
>>No. 18523
[ℤℯ] Focus. Hold Shift.
>>No. 18524
[x] Focus. Listen in.
>>No. 18525
[x] Focus. Listen in.
>>No. 18528
[x] Focus. Listen in.
[x] Quietly leave. You don't want to startle anyone
>>No. 18529
[x] Focus. Listen in.
>>No. 18532
[i[[x]Focus. Listen in.[/i]

As rude as this may be, it’s ruder to talk about someone behind their back (unless it’s good things). You decided that further investigation of this discussion is needed, if only to make sure that the topic is really about you. If it’s something negative, then you’d better change, right? With this in mind, you quietly slide under the small window and try to focus on the conversation taking place inside, blocking out all ambient noise around you. Fortunately, there’s only the quiet whisper of a mild breeze and a distant bird to mess with your hearing, though this also means that you have that much less noise to mask your presence.

Hmm. Even when you are right next to the source, you can barely make out what they’re talking about in there. It sounds like… Doctor Eirin and Reisen? They are speaking with low and hushed tones, enough to prevent eavesdropping from the door, but fortunately not from outside.

“—that he got that name despite full amnesia,” Eirin’s voice was easy to pick out.

“Yeah, I was surprised when he told me,” as was Reisen’s.

“At least it only concerns his past. That makes it easier for us. Are you sure he won’t be a liability?”

Liability…? How can you be a liability?

“No, I won’t let that happen.”

“Even if he remembers?”

“…”

“What will you do if he does?”

“…What ever I have to.”

This is so confusing. What was so bad about you getting your memories back?

A sigh. “This is your responsibility, but don’t hesitate to ask for help. But if it gets too dangerous, I will step in.”

“I… thank you, master. Really. And I understand.”

“So. Where is he now?”

“Um… I don’t know. I’ll go look for him…”

Uh oh. Time to move. With the same quiet steps from before, you stealthily remove yourself from under the window and back to the living room, managing to slide into a seat on the edge of the porch just in time. Though you try your best to appear calm, your heart is beating quickly. At least you got here before Reisen steps into the room.

“Oh! Ein, were you here all this time?”

“Hmm?” you turn to look at her, giving her a welcoming smile. “Oh, yeah, I’ve been sitting here for a bit. The weather’s pretty nice out, though I’m not sure if I’m a fan of the scenery. It’s just… bamboo. Everywhere.”

She returns your smile giggles at your last words, “Haha, you get used to it. The day may not be great, but the night is fantastic. The moon is always so clear.

“So, umm…” Reisen takes a seat next to you. “Got any plans for the day?”

Well…

[ ] Shrug and keep up the small talk.
[ ] Ask for some privacy. You’ve got a lot to think about.
[ ] Confront her about what you heard.
[ ] ___________
>>No. 18534
[c] Ask for some privacy. You’ve got a lot to think about.
>>No. 18535
[x] Ask for some privacy. You’ve got a lot to think about.
>>No. 18543
[x] Shrug and keep up the small talk.

It sounds like Reisen has faith in us.
>>No. 18548
[x] Ask for some privacy. You’ve got a lot to think about.
>>No. 18551
[ ] Shrug and keep up the small talk.
>>No. 18552
[x] Shrug and keep up the small talk.
>>No. 18553
[x] Ask for some privacy. You’ve got a lot to think about.
>>No. 18554
[0] Ask for some privacy. You’ve got a lot to think about.
>>No. 18557
[x] Shrug and keep up the small talk.
>>No. 18559
File 125921105651.jpg - (26.26KB, 640x480, The better to hear you with my dear.jpg) [iqdb]
18559
>>18532
>“Oh! Ein, were you here all this time?”
Why yes. Yes, I was.
>>No. 18560
[ℤℯ] Ask for some privacy. You’ve got a lot to think about.
>>No. 18561
Since it's National Turkey Day where I'm at, followed by Retailers' Night(mare), I don't think I'll be able to update until Friday night. I will see what I can do, however.

[ ] Ask for some privacy. You’ve got a lot to think about.

“Not really,” you shrug lightly. “I don’t know much about this place, other than what you and the doctor do. I mean, I barely know myself, so what can I do? Even if I was a genius doctor or some sort of fantastic carpenter, I’m no good as I am now…”

You chuckle sadly, looking forward into the bamboo forest. You don’t see the troubled look Reisen gives you, nor her hesitant hand reaching out for your shoulder. She pulls back before actually touching you, instead just settling into her seat.

“I wonder, would it be better if I don’t remember?” you murmur, leaning forwards and resting your elbows on your knees, your hands clasped in front of you.

“Don’t say that!” Reisen suddenly interjects, giving you pause. You turn to look at the rabbit girl, and you’re surprised to see how honest she looks. Indeed, she has her entire body turned to you, resting upon her knees and leaning towards you with her hands clenched. “No one deserves that sort of end! You will get your memories back! I know it!”

Despite what you heard earlier, you can feel the girl’s determination. She really seems like she wants you to get better, regardless of what outcome results in recovering your memory. Ahh, this girl…

“Thank you, Reisen. Hey, I don’t mean to sound rude, but, could you give me some privacy? I mean, I just need some alone time, that’s all.”

“Ein…”

“Don’t worry! I’m not going to run away. I just need some alone time to think. After all, I need to recover from the trauma, right?” you give her a lopsided grin, one that she returns with some hesitance. Still, she pushes herself to her feet and gives you an accepting nod.

“If you need anything, just call for me, okay? Master Eirin, Lady Kaguya, even Tewi, we all want to help you…”

“Yeah. Thanks,” you nod at her, though part of you feels that Tewi wants to do anything but help.

The rabbit girl smiles and nods back before turning around and walking off, finally leaving you to your lonesome.

You let out a breath you didn’t know you were holding, turning back to face the endless bamboo forest. This is all… very confusing. There are three things that stand out most prominently in your mind: your body’s reactions to certain stimuli, you own fragmented memories, and the knowledge that the others have about you but are reluctant to share.

Your body… well, maybe it is not unheard of for the body to remember but your mind not. Still, you’re still surprised that you are able to react so quickly. Like, with lunch earlier, the speed in which you reacted and moved across the room just to save a dish, it was beyond what you expected yourself of, especially in this state of injury. Then with the eavesdropping, it was if your body knew exactly what it had to do in order to minimize noise and mask your presence, as well as tuning your attention to a faint conversation. These… abilities frighten you, in a way. What in the world are you? What were you before all of this?!

Your memories could reveal the truth to this, but what you can recall are shattered bits of moments of an unknown life. Those… flashbacks, they felt like you were watching it all play out in another person’s body. This person they are speaking to, it is you, but it is also not. A uniform, a voice. Something about an obstacle course. Sense, it makes none. Reisen’s help seemed to reveal a longer, more coherent vision, but those fragments were still without context.

A friend. A family. You saw something that you believed to be them, and some part of you feels absolutely wonderful that you could remember something. But… What does it all mean?

And why does your memory seem to be such a concern to Reisen and Eirin? Perhaps they were concerned for a patient, you, but they would look forward to your recovery, right? So why did Eirin seem so apprehensive about it? Did you know something that they don’t want you to? You only know that somewhere, buried within the unreachable recesses of your mind, is something that Eirin hopes will not bring trouble. What or why remains a mystery, and it makes you a burden, somehow. In some ways, it sounded like you would benefit more from remaining amnesiac, possibly creating a whole new life just from where you are now. But is that what you want?

And Reisen, she wants to see you remember. She’s shouldering a lot of responsibility regarding you. Would you want to disappoint her?

So many questions, and no answers.

According to your watch, an hour had passed since then, and, wow. A whole hour? That felt like minutes!

Ahh. What should you do…?

[ ] Well, whatever. What happens, happens. You’ll deal with it then.
-[ ] Find Reisen?
-[ ] Go rest a bit in your room
[ ] Consult with someone. (Who?)
[ ] Take a walk into the Bamboo Forest
[ ] ___________
>>No. 18562
[x] Well, whatever. What happens, happens. You’ll deal with it then.
-[x] Find Reisen?

It seems to me that interacting with her would be the option that would give the most results regarding the current situation.
>>No. 18563
[x] Well, whatever. What happens, happens. You’ll deal with it then.
-[x] Find Reisen?
>>No. 18564
[c] Well, whatever. What happens, happens. You’ll deal with it then.
-[c] Find Reisen?
>>No. 18565
[x] Well, whatever. What happens, happens. You’ll deal with it then.
-[x] Find Reisen?

Nice bunny is nice.
>>No. 18566
[X] Well, whatever. What happens, happens. You’ll deal with it then.
-[X] Find Reisen?

Hmmm...
>>No. 18568
[x] Well, whatever. What happens, happens. You’ll deal with it then.
-[x] Find Reisen?
>>No. 18570
[x] Well, whatever. What happens, happens. You’ll deal with it then.
-[x] Find Reisen?

Sho' thang.
>>No. 18576
[x] Well, whatever. What happens, happens. You’ll deal with it then.
-[x] Find Reisen?
>>No. 18618
[x] Well, whatever. What happens, happens. You’ll deal with it then.
-[x] Find Reisen?
>>No. 18621
[ ] Well, whatever. What happens, happens. You’ll deal with it then.
-[ ] Find Reisen?




Tch. What the hell are you doing? Moping around like this and asking unanswerable questions will get you nowhere. You are not so weak as to just curl up into a ball and cry about it. No, you will deal with this somehow, and whatever happens, happens. There’s just no point in getting worked up about it now.

With that in mind, you push yourself up and head inside, a particular bunny girl in mind. No, not the annoying one, though a part of you wonders where that little wretch is. If Tewi isn’t here, then she’s probably off somewhere planning things to piss you off. She doesn’t seem anywhere nearly as hostile with any of the other residence, and the interaction between her and Reisen seemed to be friendly enough. Still, you haven’t known Tewi for very long, nor have you interacted with her much, so maybe she just needs to get used to you?

Yeah, maybe she’s a nice girl, if a bit feisty, once you get to know her. You don’t want any hard feelings between you two, nor do you desire to stay on her bad side for much longer. Maybe some sort of peace offering, later?

In the middle of a long, empty hallway, the quiet pitter of small feet behind you causes you to look back. Nothing. Were the normal rabbits messing with you now, too? Shrugging, you turn forward just in time to a fuzzy white shape disappear around the corner. Yeah, definitely the little ones, but they’re mostly harmless. Chalking them up to playing around or doing random house chores (it seems ridiculous, but you feel you wouldn’t be so surprised if you actually saw them mopping the floor or whatever), you continue your search for the lavender-haired one.

Around the same corner where that bunny dashed off to is a curious sight, a single rabbit sitting upon what seems to be a big red X. What purpose this seems to serve, you are unsure of. Even when you stand right next to it, the rabbit doesn’t bulge. It isn’t until you personally move the creature aside—maybe there’s something underneath?—that you discover the true state of the X. It’s… a red X. How anticlimactic—

CLANG

—ARGH JEEZ THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD!

Your head explodes in renewed pain as a large metal wash pan suddenly drops from the ceiling and meets your skull in a very loud and unforgiving fashion. You stumble about dizzily for a bit before collapsing to the ground, your head once again that lovely and familiar swimming sensation, as if your very brain was drowning.

Forcing your eyes open, you can see bare feet and the pink edge of a dress right in front of you.

“Heeey. Did that fix your head problems?”

So, those thoughts about befriending Twei? Fuck it. You are going to turn her into stew.

“No? Damn, you’re hardheaded. Maybe I should use the kine next time. That’ll clear out the cobwebs… or crack your skull. Either way’s fine with me! Still, that was pretty dumb of you. There’s a big red X on the floor, with a rabbit standing guard! Why would you stop and stare at it, huh? Didja lose some brain cells along with your memory?”

Something’s jabbing you in the side. Is she poking you with a stick?!

You swat away the bothersome thing, causing her to leap back just out of your reach.

“Stop that!” you manage to moan out. “What the hell is your problem with me, anyways?! Did I do something to anger you before?!”

She stops, suddenly standing right in front of your head. Not a word spoken, she stands there, gazing down at you. With effort, you raise your head to look at her, her child-like face framed in a mop of messy black hair and floppy rabbit ears. And in her red eyes, you see such overwhelming revulsion you almost choke.

“I don’t like you. I want you to leave. Your very presence brings trouble to Reisen, Eirin, and Kaguya. Do us all of favor and get lost, go home, I don’t care. Just get away from us. Or better yet, die.”

That… hurt; more than that wash pan. It feels like as if your heart was just crushed and your gut stabbed. You don’t even know Tewi well enough, yet her words carry such vehemence that it cuts deeply.

“Hmph. Worthless.”

She leaves you there, disappearing beyond your sight. You don’t do anything, however. Your mind is filled with renewed questions, still unanswerable and confusing as ever. Just when you were feeling somewhat good about yourself, this girl has to come and not only knock you back down, but grind your face into the mud. It’s not a great feeling at all, and you’re still left to wonder, why?

Slowly, you push yourself back to your feet, reminding yourself not to mope but to carry on. Suddenly, it’s not so easy…

Your search for Reisen is renewed, eventually finding her not too far off from where you started. One giant loop around the building and you find her in the most likely of places: the kitchen.

“Oh hey! How are you feeling?” she greets you upon seeing you, pausing in peeling a potato.

“Much better, thank you,” you nod gratefully, careful not to let your darker mood slip out. “I’m sorry about earlier. I just had some kind of breakdown after thinking a bit too much…”

“No no, don’t apologize! Considering what you’ve been through, I think you’re justified to be a little anxious.”

“Thanks for understanding…” you settle in next to her. “Mind if I helped out?”

“Eh? You want to?”

“I have to earn my keep somehow,” a shrug. “It’s lazy form to just sit around and wait for something to happen.”

“Well… if you insist. There’s an extra apron in the drawer over there,” Reisen gestures with the knife. “Wash your hands and help me peel. We’re making curry tonight.”

You follow her instructions, tying a frilly red and white apron around your waist and washing your hands before rejoining Reisen by the vegetables. She has already set up your own station, knife right next to a large carrot.

“Okay, I need you to peel the carrots while I do the potatoes.”

Alright, sounds easy enough! You just have to carefully trim away the outer skin of all… these… there has to be like three kilograms of the damn things.

“That’s… a lot of carrots,” you observe, eyeing the seemingly bottomless basket full of the orange root vegetables.

“Of course! Carrots are good for the eyes, after all,” she gives you a cheerful wink.

Right. And you being a rabbit has nothing to do with it…

With a shrug, you get to peeling. You fumble the knife a bit at first, not wholly used to using a straight blade in peeling, but after a few minor scratches and two butchered carrots later, you get the hang of it. It’s good that you have a sharp blade, cutting easily into the firm skin.

It’d be easy to just slice her neck wide open too. A quick swipe across the throat, severing the carotid arteries and jugular veins. It’d be a little messy, but the deed would be done in seconds. Plenty of time.

Arrgh your head…

[ ] __________
>>No. 18622
>[ ] __________

May I assume it's write-in time?

if so...

[X]Pause for a bit to clear the mind before refocusing upon the task of peeling the carrots. Stow away the "earlier thought" for further reflection later on, however do not go around telling the others about the thoughts that popped up.
-[X]If Reisen asks anything just happened just pass it off as a memory flashing by too fast for you to recognize just yet.

Oh hey CQC memories returning?
>>No. 18623
[X]Pause for a bit to clear the mind before refocusing upon the task of peeling the carrots. Stow away the "earlier thought" for further reflection later on, however do not go around telling the others about the thoughts that popped up.
-[X]If Reisen asks anything just happened just pass it off as a memory flashing by too fast for you to recognize just yet.
-[x] Ponder why you'd even want to consider doing that to Reisen.

I think Twei's less than nice about what the main residents know. Though it's not as if we're out to cause trouble.
>>No. 18624
I've wondered about whether the thought was purely directed at Reisen but I believe it's simply a memory caused by the feel of a knife cutting through something that gives slight resistance such as a carrot that reminded him the feel of the horrible deed.
>>No. 18625
[x]Pause for a bit to clear the mind before refocusing upon the task of peeling the carrots. Stow away the "earlier thought" for further reflection later on, however do not go around telling the others about the thoughts that popped up.
-[x]If Reisen asks anything just happened just pass it off as a memory flashing by too fast for you to recognize just yet.
-[x] Ponder why you'd even want to consider doing that to Reisen.
>>No. 18626
Perhaps Ein is a Lunarian assassin. Maybe that's why Eirin and Reisen had that talk earlier.
>>No. 18627
[X] Put the knife down, slowly and carefully.
[X] "Reisen... I don't think I should keep handling knives. I think... I think it makes me think strange things. I just... I just had a thought that I could..."
[X] "I'm scared, Reisen."

>>18626

Judging from the opening of the story, and the few flashbacks presented, it seems that Ein was likely a part of the Lunarian military. Maybe not an assassin, maybe someone with piloting skills, but either way he would be someone who would know of the Eientei crew, whether or not he had an actual mission involving them.
>>No. 18628
>>18627
Or maybe not the 'lunarian'. But I don't know.
>>No. 18629
[x]Pause for a bit to clear the mind before refocusing upon the task of peeling the carrots. Stow away the "earlier thought" for further reflection later on, however do not go around telling the others about the thoughts that popped up.
-[x]If Reisen asks anything just happened just pass it off as a memory flashing by too fast for you to recognize just yet.
-[x] Ponder why you'd even want to consider doing that to Reisen.
>>No. 18630
[x]Pause for a bit to clear the mind before refocusing upon the task of peeling the carrots. Stow away the "earlier thought" for further reflection later on, however do not go around telling the others about the thoughts that popped up.
-[x]If Reisen asks anything just happened just pass it off as a memory flashing by too fast for you to recognize just yet.
-[x] Ponder why you'd even want to consider doing that to Reisen at all?
>>No. 18631
>>18626
That's an unpleasantly believable theory.
>>No. 18635
>>18631

I just noticed something else that might confirm Ein being a Lunarian.

>“Gietz? I see… I apologize for not greeting your personally earlier,” she gives you a graceful and elegant curtsy. “My name is Kaguya Houraisan, lady of this household. Bow down before me!”

>Suddenly, you find yourself on one knee, your head bowed and your left arm at your chest. Blinking, you are not entirely sure just how you got into this position. The moment lady Kaguya spoke those words, you just moved automatically. Was this the power of charisma?

For all we know the Lunarian soldiers may have it ingrained in their subconscious to be to show total loyalty and devotion to the ruling class, ie' Kaguya Houraisan, the Princess of the Moon. Just a simple word from her made him kneel as if he'd done it all his life.
>>No. 18636
[x]Pause for a bit to clear the mind before refocusing upon the task of peeling the carrots. Stow away the "earlier thought" for further reflection later on, however do not go around telling the others about the thoughts that popped up.
-[x]If Reisen asks anything just happened just pass it off as a memory flashing by too fast for you to recognize just yet.
-[x] Ponder why you'd even want to consider doing that to Reisen at all?


You blink, the earlier thought suddenly disappearing from your mind; your knife stops buried half-way into the carrot, as if trying to pierce it through with the blade. What… what was that all about?

A strange urge—no, a bloodlust. You wanted to stab her, cut her open, disembowel and spill her innards onto the kitchen floor. Make her bleed.

Kill her.

“Umm…” Reisen’s voice draws your attention to her. “Are you okay?”

Kill her.

You look at her blankly, not realizing that you haven’t done anything for a while. Her concerned face is cute, while an idle thought wonders if her blood would match her eyes—WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT?!

You blink again, shaking your head to clear it of those terrifying thoughts. You place down the knife and carrot, bringing your hands up to massage your temples. “Ahh, sorry. I think I remembered something…”

“You did?!” her concerned look changes to that of exuberance. “That’s great! What did you remember?”

She can’t know. She cannot know any of this.

“Um… I don’t know. It went by really quickly—a flash, really. It’s kind of funny: I can’t remember what I remembered,” you grin wryly, quietly hoping that she accepts that explanation.

“Ehh~?! How can that happen?” by her incredulous look, it seems like she does.

“I am not sure. It just… happened? I guess?”

With a shrug, you go back to peeling the carrot, Reisen soon following. However, your mind is hardly serene. These… these thoughts of killing Reisen are genuinely disturbing you. You don’t even know why you want to do such a horrific thing, especially in such graphic detail. It’s terrifying that you even thought about it and you acknowledged it.

I don’t want to hurt her.

It’s… How…

[i]I don’t want her to hurt me.[i]

Why…

What the hell are you?

Dammit.

Hiding a grimace, you do your best to focus on peeling the carrots, then helping chop them into chunks before adding it to a simmering pot of stock. At least the food is looking good…

Dinner is a lively affair, similar to lunch but significantly more carrot-y, something that Kaguya was quick to mention and quietly complain about. She earned a light scolding from Eirin, something about vitamin A and how important it was for her eyesight, especially with her overexposure to that screen (whatever that means). Reisen is quick to agree with Eirin. While everyone spoke amicably, you merely listened, speaking only when you are expected to. Twei is guardedly quiet, every now and then sneaking a glare at you and speaking only when directly addressed. Even so, the food was delicious and the company warm… mostly. And just like that, the meal is over and everything is cleaned up. The night is mild, the sky is clear, and you feel a little better. Reisen looks like she’s enjoying her tea while resting at the dining table; Eirin and Kaguya are on the porch, quietly talking about something. Even Tewi is around, lazily lounging with a group of other rabbits.

What shall you do?

[ ] Hang out with Reisen (and do what?)
[ ] Speak with Kaguya (about what?)
[ ] Discuss with Eirin (about what?)
[ ] Try to make peace with Tewi (how?)
[ ] Go to your room and rest.
[ ] Take a walk
[ ] ____________
>>No. 18638
[x] Take a walk.
>>No. 18639
[X] Take a walk
>>No. 18640
[x] Take a walk.
>>No. 18641
And not just any assassin, a sadistic assassin.

Lovely.
>>No. 18642
>>18641

Sounds like there'll be a clash between personalities (old Ein and current Ein) eventually.

Pretty scary considering how Reisen's been perhaps the nicest to him.

[x] Take a walk.
>>No. 18643
[X] Take a walk
>>No. 18672
Updates?
>>No. 18674
Sorry folks, I had a really bad beginning of the week. It’s gotten a little better now, so here we go.

[x] Take a walk

That incident in the kitchen still spooks you. At this point, maybe sitting down and talking to someone won’t help much. It may even make them suspicious towards you, something that makes you feel very uncomfortable with. At the very least, you want some quiet time to square away that… bloodlust. Maybe a bit of a walk will help cool your head.

“Ein? Where are you going?” Eirin catches notice of you as you walk by.

“Oh! Erm, I was thinking of taking a little walk, you know, a change of scenery.”

“This late?”

While you cannot tell the exact time, it is the evening. And despite that, there’s actually a fair amount of light left. It will be quick to darken, however, and the Bamboo Forest does not seem to be the best to be even with some sunlight out. Still…

“I won’t be long. I just want some fresh air,” you try. It’s a lame excuse, but maybe?

“Hmm…” Surprisingly, the pharmacist looks contemplative. “I do not suggest it, but if you truly want to go out, then you must have an escort.”

You want to object, but Eirin cuts you off before you can even say a word.

“No, I insist. You are unfamiliar with the area and a recovering patient. It would be damn foolish of me to let you wander off alone in a forest known for getting lost in.”

“Well, if you believe it important…” it wasn’t even a lecture, yet Eirin’s tone was enough to make you look down in shame.

“I do,” she nods and looks over at the resting rabbit. “Udonge! Come here!”

Reisen snaps awake from her restful daze, leaping out of her seat and scrambling over to the two of you. “Ah! Yes?”

“Ein wants to take a walk. You have to supervise him and make sure he is not hurt or lose his way.”

“Understood!” Reisen salutes the doctor before turning to you, giving you a charming smile. “So, shall we?”

“I would prefer that you return by nightfall, but be careful, alright?” Eirin gives you and Reisen a stern look before finally relaxing and waving her arm in dismissal. “Off with you two.”

Into the forest you go. Its somewhat darkened, due to the treeline, but you can still see for the most part. The walk is… uneventful for the most part. Dead leaves crunch under you, while a dead silence permeates the entire forest. There doesn't seem to any life around here, other than you and Reisen. While you would have preferred to go on your own, you can understand why having an escort is necessary. Every direction looks the same as the last, and should you even lose focus of your direction, becoming lost would be inevitable. As such, you’re thankful that Reisen’s here, but her presence is too distracting to focus on earlier.

At least she isn’t saying anything, opting instead to simply walk a few feet behind you. It’s awkward, in a way, like she’s watching you the entire time… You gotta break this silence some how.

“Um…” you start.

“Yes?” she is quick to respond. Shoot, what should you talk about?

“What… err… what is there beyond the forest? I doubt you are the only ones in the area, right?”

“Hmm… yes and no,” she answers. “In the Bamboo Forest, we are the only ones with a home here. There are some wild youkai, some dangerous, but for the most part they avoid Eientei. Outside of the forest, there is the Human Village, and beyond that, much more. Maybe when you’re feeling better, we could go visit the village?”

She sounds hopeful.

One word catches your attention, however, causing you to stop and turn around to face Reisen. “You mentioned youkai… what are those?”

“Umm, it’s a vague term, to be honest,” her thoughtful look is rather charming, you feel, with her large rabbit ears twitching now and then. “Basically, it’s a catch-all term for supernatural creatures. I suppose you can call Tewi and I youkai, but we’re much nicer than the wilder ones. Those… those can and will kill you, if you’re alone.”

Her features change to that of worry. Worry for you? “They’re much stronger than the typical human, and often they have magic to make them even more lethal.”

“That’s rather dangerous,” you frown. Supernatural creatures that kill you? A part of you think that to be absurd, while mere existence of Reisen counters your disbelief. She is incredibly human, but those ears are definitely not. Yet, you feel completely comfortable with her, and the dangers of wild youkai doesn’t seem to worry you much at all. “How do you deal with youkai attacking people?”

“There’s actually an established system for that called the Spell Cards system, using danmaku, but it’s a little complicated to describe in here. I mean, it would probably be better to show you than to describe it, especially since you have little idea what it could be. When we get back, I’m sure the others will be willing to help show you.”

“Oh, that sounds reasonable,” you nod, turning back around aannnnnd now you’re lost. Great.

“It’s getting dark. Shall we head back?” Reisen asks you while looking to the sky.

There’s still some sunlight left, though it is gradually slipping away.

[ ] Walk around a little longer.
[ ] Agree and head back.
[ ] zxcvqkilltcvherfdag
[ ] ________________
>>No. 18675
[x] zxcvqkilltcvherfdag

We just turn one choice back, if it's a bad end.
If otherwise ... it could get interesting.
>>No. 18677
[X] Agree and head back.
-[x] Ask about the place where he was found, was he found partially submerged in water or simply on the ground.

probaen games

screw you mind fuck, where's the benefit on wasting that.

Does Ein even recall the ship he came in crashing near Eientei or how he was found?
>>No. 18678
[X] Agree and head back.
-[x] Ask about the place where he was found, was he found partially submerged in water or simply on the ground.
>>No. 18679
[X] Agree and head back.
-[x] Ask about the place where he was found, was he found partially submerged in water or simply on the ground.
>>No. 18680
[X] Agree and head back.
-[x] Ask about the place where he was found, was he found partially submerged in water or simply on the ground.
>>No. 18681
[X] Agree and head back.
-[x] Ask about the place where you were found, were you found partially submerged in water or simply on the ground?

No killing the lovely bunny. Romancing her is a different story.
>>No. 18682
[x] Agree and head back.
-[x] Ask about the place where you were found, were you found partially submerged in water or simply on the ground?

>>18681
>Romancing her is a different story.
CUtMaS, to be specific.

...

WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU, HARKER
>>No. 18683
[X] Agree and head back.
-[x] Ask about the place where you were found, were you found partially submerged in water or simply on the ground?
>>No. 18684
[x] Agree and head back.
-[x] Ask about the place where you were found, were you found partially submerged in water or simply on the ground?

>>18682
I've said it before earlier in the thread.
Harker left in a fit of insanity
>>No. 18685
>>18682

Well since it seems unlikely that Harker's going to update again this year ,this will have to do for a reisen route story. (And she's the best one so far)

And it's too soon to tell what's going on with Harker, since there's no 100% information (and 2nd hand word of mouth doesn't count)
>>No. 18691
[x] Agree and head back.
-[x] Ask about the place where you were found, were you found partially submerged in water or simply on the ground?
-[x]Ask about the village mentioned earlier, change of scenery would do some good every once in a while.

The ship, assuming it's still there, ought to be salvageable or at least enough of it to cause another memory jog to help answer some of Ein's questions. Ein may not recall the time he had been awake inside the cockpit but I'd imagine he would wonder how did he come to Eientei in the first place.
>>No. 18694
[x] Agree and head back.
-[x] Ask about the place where you were found, were you found partially submerged in water or simply on the ground


Hmm. Even if you do stay out a bit more, it may get too dark for either of you to navigate. With no lamp, it would be foolhardy to try and move through this quite confusing forest, even with a guide.

“Yeah, you’re right. Let’s go back.”

She smiles and nods, signaling for you to follow as she turns around and heads off… in a direction that was not where you came from. At least, you think you came from that direction… probably? Goddamn this place was bad. Out the corner of your eye, however, you notice a small flame dancing some distance away, further on in the words. While it piques your curiosity, your guide is already walking away. Quickly, you catch up to her.

“Hey, Reisen, I just saw this little ball of fire in the distance,” a glance back and… it’s gone. That’s odd. “You wouldn’t happen to know what it was, would you?

The rabbit girl turns around, but still walks on backwards. Despite going blind, she seems to avoid bumping into any of the bamboo trees.

“Hmm, it could be anything,” she shrugs and gives you a wink. “It could be a mere will-o-the-wisp, here to guide the, evil, the wicked, and the sinful to the swamps of death! Raawr~!”

Reisen tries to looks scary, succeeding only in looking cute in doing so.

“Or it could be fairies trying to mess with you,” another shrug. “I don’t know of many youkai or fairies that can manipulate fire… except for one.”

“Is that a danger?”

“Oh, not really. She’s a human with a feud with lady Kaguya, but she doesn’t bother the rest of us, provided that we don’t bother her.”

“Huh,” you wonder who this person could be to hate Kaguya enough to have a feud. She (Kaguya, that is) seemed like a nice enough girl, though you haven’t spent much time with her. With a nod of your head, the two of your continue on. Much of the walk is a mirror of earlier, only with Reisen leading and you following. That silence has returned, though it’s not as awkward as before. Still…

“Hey, Reisen…”

“Hmm?”

“Where did you find me? I mean, where was I in the forest?” you ask, suddenly keenly aware that you don’t even know where you came from. You just remember waking up in Eientei… “I mean, was I just laying on the ground, half-sunk in some lake, or what?”

“You don’t remember?”

Reisen looks a bit surprised at the question and even stops walking; likely, she did not expect you to ask it. She recovers quickly enough, turning around and coughing lightly to cover up her shock, “Oh! Ahem, of course you wouldn’t. I’m sorry. Um, you were found in the forest, as mentioned before, but as to where exactly… mmm…”

She looks around a bit. How could she tell the difference in this damn forest?

“You were found a little ways north of here, north-northeast from the house. We could visit there, once the sun’s back out. Maybe it will jog your memory, eh?”

“Yeah, it could. Hey, why didn’t we go there before?” you ask.

“You were injured! We didn’t know if you would be well enough to walk around, let alone trek through the forest. But since you seem fine, we can go tomorrow, okay?”

Well, that’s reasonable enough. You apologize to Reisen about your tone, though she waves it off. Chalk it up to stress, she says. Yeah… stress. The two of you return to Eientei with still some sunlight left, but any longer and you would have been walking around in twilight. Eirin and Kaguya are surprisingly still there on the porch, though Tewi is outright gone.

“Master, we’ve returned~!” Reisen announces your arrival.

“Welcome back, Udonge, Ein. Did you have a good walk?”

“It was refreshing, yes,” you answer with a nod. “I got to understand a little more about this place. Reisen told me about the human village, and about youkai. I understand a lot more about how dangerous that forest is.”

“Hmm… well, there is much more to this place than just a bamboo forest and our home. As Reisen said, there is the human village. We can discuss the rest later, don’t worry. There’s no need to overload you with information yet.”

“Speaking over overload…” you manage to look sheepish in front of the doctor. “Reisen also told me about danmaku, and how she’d show it to me”

“Oh, did she…?” Eirin gives Reisen a look, one that causes her to bow her head in supplication.

“I’m sorry, I thought he should know, just in case…”

“Now now, there’s no harm in that, is there, Eirin? Don’t be angry with Inaba. It’s not like Ein is going to pull out an amazing spell card without knowing anything about it.”

“I… yes, I suppose you’re right, your highness. Alright, Udonge, you can help him out then.”

[ ] Have Reisen demonstrate
[ ] Eirin must be a master at danmaku
[ ] Ask Kaguya very nicely if she could show
[ ] ___________
>>No. 18695
“Now now, there’s no harm in that, is there, Eirin? Don’t be angry with Inaba. It’s not like Ein is going to pull out an amazing spell card without knowing anything about it.

Ohoho! I sense foreshadowing~!

[X] Pull out an amazing spell card without knowing anything about it.
>>No. 18698
[x] Pull out an amazing spell card without knowing anything about it.

Hurr...
>>No. 18701
[X] Have Reisen demonstrate
She's been real eager, if not very supportive of Ein...
>>No. 18702
[ ] Have Reisen demonstrate
>>No. 18703
[x] Have Reisen demonstrate

I doubt Ein even with his memories would know much about Spell Cards, he is from the moon after all.

That and let's see Reisen's display. (I'm liking this Reisen more and more)
>>No. 18705
[x] Eirin must be a master at danmaku

>>18684
>>18685
Wait, what?
>>No. 18708
[X] Have Reisen demonstrate

works for me~!
>>No. 18709
>>18705

Basically who really knows what is going on with Harker because he has yet to do a recent status report in his story, and 2nd hand accounts are unreliable.

In short Harker's status is ????
>>No. 18710
[X] Have Reisen demonstrate
>>No. 18711
>>18709
>In short Harker's status is ????
He is Melancholy?
>>No. 18719
>>18711

I Mean ???? as in unknown (though I should have realized what that might have implied)
>>No. 18721
>>18719
I knew what you meant. It was a perfect setup, though.
>>No. 18722
[x] Have Reisen demonstrate

“Then… Reisen? Could you start?” you ask the rabbit girl. She gives you a cheery smile in return, excitedly leaping into the air and… taking flight? Well… that’s new. Somehow, you don’t seem all that disturbed, but considering what you’ve been told thus far; flying seems hardly an amazing feat.

A card of sorts appears in Reisen’s hand, and with a clench of her fist, the card shatters into a cloud of sparkling lights. And suddenly, the air around her is lit up with a shower of incredible lights. You can hear Eirin speaking to you about some sort of rules of engagement, about how this system was meant to equalize a weak human against a powerful youkai. You hear her say something about losing meant getting hit, but right now it’s all background noise. Your attention is stuck watching it all unfold above you.

It’s… amazing. Against the night sky, blue, violet, and red bullet-shaped motes of light swirl and expand in overlapping waves. The bullets seem to fill your entire field of vision, and with a blink, suddenly, the entire barrage had shifted. Were you seeing things? Or was this an effect of the spell card? How strange that Reisen’s eyes be practically glowing, your entire vision blurring as you see the bullets shift once more. It’s dizzying, confusing, but astoundingly beautiful. The patterns freeze you on the spot, your eyes glued to the dazzling display of firepower. A modicum of doubt rises from within you, the sheer volume of bullets Reisen is churning out from one spell card is absolutely terrifying. How could anyone expect to avoid this?

Wait. No, you can see it. There are gaps, small openings between the bullets and the patterns that someone could slip through if they were quick and nimble enough. A slow thinker or bumbling fool would easily be taken down by this danmaku, which sparks understanding within you. Survival of the fittest in the truest sense. Even if someone could return fire, if they are unable to avoid getting hit, then they have lost. Likewise, their danmaku patterns must be equally if not more complicated, trapping the opponent in a bullet hell.

This is how they “fight” here. This danmaku…

“Oy, what’s with all the bullets? Are we dueling or somethin’?” the childish voice of Tewi speaks up from the porch, having just arrived with a white rabbit in her arms. Quietly, Kaguya graciously informs Tewi of the situation, to which her ears give a twitch. She looks at you, then the demonstration, then smiles a strange, unreadable smile.

“Hey! Reisen! You up for a match?” she calls out to the other bunny girl, causing her to stop the bullet curtain prematurely.

“Eh? You want to?” Reisen asks, slightly surprised.

“Sure! We can show the new guy here what a spell card match is like too. Besides! I’m kinda bored, and a bit of exercise would be good!”

“Well…”

You would put your opinion in the matter, but Tewi’s presence keeps your mouth shut. Not that she intimidates you, but you just don’t want to aggravate the issue more than necessary. She already has a huge problem with you, and nothing you do seem to placate her. Some part of you wonders what power she possesses, despite having the form of a child. A youkai rabbit. Could she kill you? …Perhaps for now you should just keep out of her way. Though, seeing a full match would probably be best?

“If you really want to show this guy how it works, then you need an opponent. You’re hardly good enough to duel the doc or the princess,” Tewi smirks smugly at Reisen, who responds predictably.

“You…! I’ll show you good enough! Get your butt up here!”

Tewi drops the rabbit in her arms and takes to the skies, a card of her own appearing in her hands. “You’re goin’ down, fuzzy lumps!”

Tewi seems to go first, releasing a barrage of… carrots? No, carrot-shaped danmaku. You can hear Kaguya giggling softly nearby, and you can agree with the humor. Oddly fitting, amusingly childish, but it serves the same purpose as any other bullet. On the other side, Reisen is calmly but quickly darting about, weaving through the storm of bullets. Despite a few close-calls, Reisen is proving rather adept at the dodging game. She returns fire with another spell card, this one different from the one she showed to you. Much like her opponent, Tewi is showing to be just as good, letting bullets graze past her as she slips past the larger gaps. You think you’re understanding the system a lot better now, and you find yourself able to read the patterns more quickly.

But, why is Tewi moving so much? She’s pulling the entire match back and over the main building, causing the roof to block your view. You move into the grass to get a better vantage, and you’re surprised to see Reisen’s back. The entire “board” seems to have been flipped around; though you suppose it’s not a problem.

Reisen darts to the side, deftly avoiding a particularly heavy barrage of bullets. At a glance, there doesn’t seem to be a way to move through it, the patter too dense and too quick to effectively graze through. Dodging to the side was the correct choice, and…

And now it’s heading straight for you.

[ ] Oh shi—
[ ] Duck and cover
[ ] Reflex: Dodge!
[ ] Fortitude: Take the hits!
[ ] __________
>>No. 18723
[c] Oh shi—
[c] Reflex: Dodge!
>>No. 18724
[X] Reflex: Dodge!
>>No. 18725
[x] Oh shi—
[x] Reflex: Dodge!
>>No. 18726
[x] Oh shi—
[x] Reflex: Dodge!
>>No. 18727
[x] Oh shi—
[x] Reflex: Dodge!
>>No. 18728
[x] Oh shi—
[x] Reflex: Dodge!
>>No. 18729
[X] Oh shi—
[X] Fortitude: Take the hits!
[X] FLEEEEEEEX!!!
>>No. 18730
[X] Oh shi—
[X] Fortitude: Take the hits!
[X] FLEEEEEEEX!!!
[X] Hearty Laugh

GOT TO THROW IN A HEARTY LAUGH WITH THE FLEX WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO GET HIT AS TEWI'S TESTING EIN'S MIGHT!

Of course if that doesn't fly then [x[REFLEX:Dodge! is good enough
>>No. 18731
[x] Reflex: Dodge!

Fucking carrot bomber.
>>No. 18732
Considering his possible professions, I'd trust reflexes more than fortitude. (Sure it's non-lethal, but chances are getting hit full on will lay him out in bed for another day.)
>>No. 18753
Too soon to ask for some updates..?
>>No. 18763
[x] Oh shi—
[x] Reflex: Dodge!

It’s coming, right at you. Your feet feel like they’re stuck to the ground, unable to move despite your brain screaming for you to get out of the way. All you can do is stare helplessly at the cluster of glowing bullets as they speed towards you unerringly. Faintly, you can hear someone calling out for you, telling you to get away. Reisen?

Reisen is barely within your scope of vision, her horrified face masked by the tunnel vision you suddenly have focusing on the bullets.

No. No, dammit, you will not get hit! Dodge! Move your feet, get out of the way! Anything to get yourself away! You will yourself to move, your mental voice yelling in concord with your instincts. Your tunnel vision clears.

And suddenly… it stops. No, not stop… everything is still moving; the bullets are coming towards you, and Reisen is spinning around and reaching a hand out fruitlessly. But everything is moving so slowly. Tewi’s danmaku are literally inching through the air now. What was a giant cluster of carrot-shaped bullets was now a slow moving cloud, giving you ample opportunity to react. And react you do… just as slowly. Your own movements are sluggish, as if you were moving through thick mire. You’re in no way fast enough to pull off acrobatics to dodge this, but you can definitely shift your body enough to avoid most of the bullets.

It’s like swimming through it, seeing the bullets graze by you with scant millimeters. You can hear your heartbeat, a loud, slow, thunderous beat. Finally you’re safe.

Then the world speeds up again.

That’s when you realize that in the process of grazing that danmaku your body is in an awkward, if unbalanced, position.

“Whoah!”

Consequently, you fall on your face, but a little scruff on the ground is better than getting shot, right?

“Ein! Are you okay?!” Reisen’s voice is strangely clear.

Pushing yourself up, you wave off the moon rabbit’s concern. “Yeah! Yeah, I’m fine. Just a bit shook up.”

Satisfied with your safety, she immediately whirls around to face her opponent. “Tewi! What it the world is wrong with you?!”

“It’s not fault he got in the way-usa~” the little rabbit girl shrugs and shakes her head. “It’s his fault for standing in the middle of a spell card battle anyways. What kind of idiot stands where bullets are going to go?”

“You’re going too far! You should always be aware of what lies behind your target!”

“Why don’t you show me who’s the better marksman, then?”

The two rabbits reengage their battle, but this time you decide to take shelter, away from the bullets. As such, you take a seat next to the other observers, brushing off some accumulated dirt and leaves.

“That was a neat trick you did there, Ein,” Kaguya greets you with an excited look. “I was certain you were going to get hit, but then, woosh! You graze as if you’re a veteran.”

“I suppose, though I almost died out there…” your words seem to be rather silly, as both Eirin and Kaguya start giggling. The doctor seems to notice your confused look, however, and manages to calm down to explain.

“Fortunately, danmaku is not dangerous. Or at least, spell card battles are not going to kill someone. They are meant to be non-lethal methods of engagement and conflict resolution.”

Eirin takes over in lecturing about the finer points of danmaku, spell cards, and their purposes. While you are not sure you fully understand the system, you definitely appreciate the non-lethality of it all. Still, for the loser to obey the winner… well, perhaps it’s good that you cannot perform any of this bullet curtain stuff and that you can dodge fairly well. You’re still unsure why exactly that slow down of perception occurred; perhaps it was linked to the belief that you could have died, but now you wonder, could you do that again?

A cry and a thump brings your attention back to the battle, the defeated form of Tewi sprawled disgracefully on the grass in front of you. Her rear is raised into the air as her dress is pulled over her head, revealing a rather simple set of white bloomers and a fluffy white tail sticking out. Reisen lands next to Tewi, and proceeds

“Well, I think that’s enough excitement for one night. Don’t you think so, princess?”

“Hmm, I suppose. I have some other tasks to do before I turn in for the night,” Kaguya brushes off her lap and stands.

“As do I,” Eirin nods and follows suite, but not before looking at you one last time. “Ein, don’t stay up too late, okay? You’re still an injured person.”

With a nod, you watch the two head off into the building. You’re feeling somewhat tired, but you can probably go a bit more.

What shall you do?

[ ] Meet up with Eirin and speak to her about your experience
[ ] Go see if you can help Kaguya with her tasks
[ ] Clean up then go rest
[ ] Investigate the defeated rabbit
[ ] ___________
>>No. 18765
In this order:

[c] Meet up with Eirin and speak to her about your experience.
[c] Go see if you can help Kaguya with her tasks
[c] Clean up then go rest.
[c] Investigate the defeated rabbit.
>>No. 18766
[ ] Investigate the defeated rabbit
>>No. 18767
>>18765
Oh I doubt she'd stay for long in such a position.

so...

[X] Investigate the defeated rabbit.
[X] Meet up with Eirin and speak to her about your experience.
[X] Go see if you can help Kaguya with her tasks
[X] Clean up then go rest.

Get the head-biting over with Tewi so that the night can end on a high note at least.
>>No. 18768
[X] Investigate the defeated rabbit.
[x] Try to find and thank Reisen for her help.
[X] Meet up with Eirin and speak to her about your experience.
[X] Go see if you can help Kaguya with her tasks
[X] Clean up then go rest.

If not for that slight warning we might have gotten hit.
>>No. 18769
[X] Investigate the defeated rabbit.
[x] Try to find and thank Reisen for her help.
[X] Meet up with Eirin and speak to her about your experience.
[X] Go see if you can help Kaguya with her tasks
[X] Clean up then go rest.

Works for me~!
>>No. 18770
[X] Investigate the defeated rabbit.
[x] Try to find and thank Reisen for her help.
[X] Meet up with Eirin and speak to her about your experience.
[X] Go see if you can help Kaguya with her tasks
[X] Clean up then go rest.
>>No. 18771
[x] Investigate the defeated rabbit.
[x] Try to find and thank Reisen for her help.
[x] Meet up with Eirin and speak to her about your experience.
[x] Go see if you can help Kaguya with her tasks.
[x] Clean up, then go rest.

Hooray for focused movement!
>>No. 19169
Hey guys, OP here.

I am really sorry for not having an update right now, but I just got back from a long trip visiting family in strange and bizarre lands with only internet cafes to maintain communications. On a side note, I think I will refuse next time I am offered foreign carpaccio with mysterious origins, regardless of my parents' demands.

I promise to have the update by tomorrow.
>>No. 19173
>>19169
Good to see you're still alive and well, can't wait for the update~!
>>No. 19174
>>19169

Hooray.

Though so far I'm liking your Reisen the most, though the other characters aren't bad at all. But I'm not discounting the rest in case some surprise comes up. (Like in AoS in /shrine/ folks were pretty set on a few routes when the lead got talking to Yukari, let's just say everyone settled on her as a target)

I was wondering where you were.
>>No. 19192
Firstly, let me apologize for getting this out rather late. I could offer excuses, but I doubt any of them would be good enough. Holidays, break, etc. Whatever. Back to this.

[x] Investigate the defeated rabbit.
[x] Try to find and thank Reisen for her help.
[x] Meet up with Eirin and speak to her about your experience.
[x] Go see if you can help Kaguya with her tasks.
[x] Clean up, then go rest.

Well, that was certainly an interesting moment, and now with Eirin and Kaguya breaking off to do their own thing, you’ve been left alone with the two bunnies. Reisen comes to land near her opponent, huffing quietly as she touched ground. You rush up to Reisen, much to her surprise.

“Reisen! That was amazing! I had no idea that danmaku could be so beautiful!” you find yourself unable to hold back, the earlier excitement rushing back to you. “Thank you so much for showing me that. I think I understand what spell card battles are like now.”

“It was no problem! I was happy to do it,” she gives you a happy smile, blushing faintly from the praise, before turning to the fallen rabbit girl. “Besides, I got to punish Tewi for being such a brat.”

“I’m sorry to have missed that part, since…”

“Oh! My god, that had absolutely terrified me!” her red eyes are wide with worry, her crooked ears almost standing straight up. “You almost hit by Tewi’s danmaku, and I was sure you were going to get hurt…”

“Eirin said it was non-lethal though, so I would have survived, right?”

“Well, yes. It is non-lethal, but it does hurt quite a bit if a bullet lands a solid hit. The arms, the legs, even the head, it’s not so bad, but if it hits you center mass,” she puts a hand over her chest. “It feels like someone actually shot you. The pain is… very uncomfortable, deep and piercing. It’s not a good feeling, nor is it something I would want you to experience.”

Well. Death is nowhere nearly as bad as a painful loss, but it still sounds like something you want to avoid.

“Fortunately, it only lasts for a little bit, but it does mean you lost. I… it worries me to see you almost hurt. So… be more careful next time? Please?”

You can’t seem to ignore her pleading look at all. She is genuinely concerned for your well being, and so far she has been nothing but a great help to you. That knowledge alone brings warmth to your chest, a profound feeling of appreciation.

“I promise,” you say honestly, smiling as those words seem to please Reisen immensely. You turn you attention to other rabbit girl, still unmoving and ungracefully laying there on her face. “So, erm… what about her?”

“Oh, well Tewi will be fine. She’s youkai, after all,” Reisen’s demeanor makes a complete 180. “Give her a moment and she’ll be back to her aggravating self again.”

As if on cue, the little rabbit girl brings up an arm and directs a certain finger digit in your general direction. While the full meaning of the gesture remains a mystery to you, you’re pretty sure it’s quite rude. Reisen only confirms your assumption, as she scoffs and shakes her head.

“If you’re well enough to do that, then you’re good enough to clean up after yourself. I am going to my room,” she gives you a pleasant look and saunters off, leaving you alone with the still prone Tewi.

Was she still injured? Other than the earlier gesture, she has not made any attempt to get back up.

“Are you okay?” you try, taking a cautious step towards her.

“Get away from me.”

Guess so.

“Sorry, I thought you were still hurt,” you step back, having no desire to make things any worse.

“Don’t underestimate me, punk. I’ve been alive longer than you could ever dream of living,” she seems quite displeased at your presence as she hops to her feat and brushes off the dirt from her dress. “Save your pity for someone else.”

“Hey, I was just trying to be nice,” she’s grating on you severely, even after you extend the olive branch. “What the hell is your problem?!”

“Problem?” she whirls on you and gives you the fieriest glare you have ever seen. If looks could kill, then you would have exploded into small gibs. “I already told you, idiot. You are my problem. I do not like you here. I do not want you here. Hell, I would have thrown you out the moment you woke up, but goddamn Kaguya and Eirin want to play nice, and Reisen is completely set on helping you.”

“I can’t help that! I can’t even remember who I really am!”

“Is it really amnesia? Do you even know what that is? Memory loss isn’t that simple.”

“Wha—”

“For Reisen’s sake, I’ll tolerate you, but only barely. I could care less to what happens to you. And if you hurt her, so help me god or devil, I’ll show you why youkai are be feared,” with that, she bounds off into the darkened halls, leaving you to gape wordlessly after her.

No way. She’s just a rabbit. She couldn’t do anything to seriously hurt you… right? And what did she mean by memory loss not being that simple? Amnesia is amnesia, right?

Argh. Could she be any more vague? Nothing she says make sense, much like her hostility towards you. But… what can you do? Maybe you should go talk to Eirin about it, and not just about Tewi’s apparent hatred towards you. That earlier incident with the danmaku has you confused somewhat, particularly why it happened, and if you can make it happen again. Perhaps it is a link to your forgotten past, so it is definitely worth investigating.

The hallways are rather dark, but the moon is out tonight. It isn’t full, but it is still bright, illuminating your path. The halls of Eientei seem much more different in the dark than it did in the day, an almost eerie feeling settling over the quiet halls. Heh, you almost expect a rabbit to hop out to try and scare you, or maybe some other youkai appear suddenly to surprise you. However, no such thing happens as you quietly make your way to Eirin’s workplace. It’s easy enough to find, the only brightly lit room you see. The faint scent of chemicals wafts from the cracks in the door, though from here don’t hear anything inside.

You knock on the door gently, getting a quiet, “Yes?” in response.

“Doctor Eirin, it’s me, Ein. I am sorry for interrupting, but I wonder if you could give me a bit of time. I want to talk to you about something…”

There is a moment of silence, and then the door slides open to reveal a labcoat-wearing Eirin, a fresh stain of blue on a sleeve.

“Will this take long?” she asks.

“I…” you hesitate, unsure.

Eirin looks at you, then back at the gently bubbling brew among a large mess of flasks, test tubes, and pipes.

“Well, I suppose I can multitask. Come in and take a seat,” the doctor steps aside and gestures for you to enter. “You are feeling well, I hope?”

As you enter the room, the chemical smell is even stronger. Astringent, sweet, bitter, herbal, it is an assault to your nose, and it is almost dizzying. “Oh, yes. I’m feeling fine.”

“Good,” she nods absently, turning her attention back to the experiment. “So, what is it you wish to discuss? If it is about Tewi’s behavior, I’m afraid I cannot do anything about that. Youkai tend to be fickle creatures, especially those like Tewi. You will just have to deal with her.”

There goes one topic…

“Uhm, well, I was hoping to talk to you about that danmaku battle between Reisen and Tewi.”

“Oh yes. I was hoping you would discuss that,” she nods. “An excellent fight, though you were quite foolish to get in the field of fire. Who knows what would have happened if you got hit?”

“Yeah, I admit that was dumb of me,” you have the decency to look shameful. “But the bullets didn’t, right?”

“Indeed. That was a spectacular graze.”

“Is it…?”

“Each bullet came a hair’s breadth from striking you in center mass. In spell card battles, that denotes a hit, but since you were a mere observer, it would have hurt quite a bit. Still, I am impressed as to how quickly you were able to dodge those rounds. A barrage from Tewi far different than a fairy’s.”

“Well, that’s the thing…”

“Yes?” she looks expectant.

“A bit before the bullets came close, something weird happened,” you lick your lips. “At first the bullets were moving really fast towards me, but before they hit, everything slowed down. It looked like time itself had slowed for me, but I was slow too. I mean… argh, I don’t know how to describe it better than that. I just saw everything slow down in front of me.”

“A change in perception? Curious. So this slow down was what allowed you to perceive the danmaku trajectories?”

“I guess,” you answer with a shrug. “I saw gaps showing up in the cluster, and my body was already moving to avoid it.”

“Hmm, the princess and I were watching you, and I saw nothing different other than a well-coordinated graze. I suppose that was the result of this ‘slow-mo’ you are talking about.”

“Yeah! That’s probably it. But, how does that work? I mean, do you think I could do it again?”

Eirin looks thoughtful for a moment; she shrugs. “It’s possible. It could have been a burst of adrenaline, making you extra aware of your surroundings and the threat to you. You didn’t know the danmaku were non-lethal, right? So your body must have reacted as if it were a danger.”

Would adrenaline really do something like that? You don’t know, and Eirin is the medical specialist here…

“Alternatively, it could mean you have better reflexes than most. In my experiences, I have never witnessed a slowdown in my perception when I had engaged in a few spell card battles—”

“You’ve been in spell card battles too?” you interrupt, completely surprised by the thought that Eirin too had engaged in a bullet war like that. It just seemed so… not-like her. “Err… sorry for interrupting.”

“That’s quite alright. To answer your question, yes, I have been involved in a few. I am not infallible, and at times youkai have thought me a prime target. Thankfully, the spell card system lets me fight on even terms. But I digress. In the battles that I have participated in, I have had to move quickly, and move more carefully, but never had I witnessed a change in perception.”

“So… am I special for that?”

Eirin doesn’t speak for a moment, quickly stirring a beaker with a strange purple precipitate forming in clear liquid. “What do you mean?”

“I don’t know. Maybe it’s something to do with my past?”

“Were it only so easy,” she shakes her head and puts the beaker down. “I only know as much about you as you do, other than numbers and observations I jot down. Perhaps your true persona is that of a fighter, and your senses are honed to better deal with sudden dangers; your mind may not remember, but your body will. Or perhaps, it was just a fluke, a belief of genuine deadly harm coming towards you, and your body only reacted as best it could. Stress makes people do amazing, almost inhuman feats, you know.”

“I see…”

“Well, whatever it is, it helped you survive. That is a sign of good instincts. Whatever you were before coming here, you were a survivor, and that trait seems to have come with you despite your memory issue.”

Hmm.

“Is there anything else?”

“No… I guess not.”

A part of you wants to ask her about amnesia, but as the medical doctor, you should trust her word. After all, you have absolutely no knowledge in medicine, so who else can you trust?

“You should go rest, Ein. It is late, and your body and your mind need to heal.”

“I understand, doctor. Thank you,” you give Eirin a polite bow and show yourself out.

As uninformative as that was, you feel a little better for talking about it. The mere act of chatting with the doctor managed to calm your nerves somewhat. You didn’t even realize you were that nervous… but maybe that’s just the tiredness creeping up on you. A yawn captures you as you quietly make your way to Kaguya’s room, remembering that she said she had some tasks she wanted to get done. A convenient sign that announces the landlady’s room, but seems darkened; likely its occupant had already gone to sleep. There’s a dim glow against the thin paper making up the walls and door, but you chalk that up to be the moon. There are no sounds, though, so maybe Kaguya really is asleep. In that case, helping her is out of the question.

Hmm, well, a peek at your watch says… it says it’s 1200 hours. Right, you can’t trust this thing for time. You’ve got nothing else to do, so maybe you should just go to sleep.

Scratching your head, you shrug and quietly make your way back to your room. It’s empty, but there’s a futon prepared for you, with adorable carrot designs on it. That Reisen girl… Bless her. She’s too nice to you. Really. You strip off the jacket and pants, leaving you in just a shirt and shorts, then slide into the prepared futon. Moonlight is gently streaming into the room, a quietness punctuated with the occasional chirp of a nightbug.

It’s peaceful here…

END Day 1

Current Status:

Name: “Ein Gietz”
Memory Recovered: 9%

Feats:
[Locked: 2/3]
[Locked: 0/3]
[Locked: 1/3]
[Locked: 1/2]
[Locked: 0/3]

Equipment:
Casual clothing

=============

There’s a bunch of lights in front of you. Which one should you reach out to?

[ ] Red
[ ] Blue
[ ] Yellow
[ ] Green
[ ] Purple
[ ] Black
>>No. 19197
[X] Green

Can't possibly go wrong~!
>>No. 19199
[X] Blue
>>No. 19202
[x] Purple

I hope this is Reisen related.
>>No. 19205
[x] Yellow
>>No. 19211
[x] Purple

I like grapes.

although I'd probably have trouble recognizing black light and purple light. Probably...
>>No. 19216
[x] Green

>a quietness punctuated with the occasional chirp of a nightbug.
Oho.
>>No. 19217
[x] Purple
>>No. 19225
>>19211

>black light

Black is the absence of light.
>>No. 19233
[x] Purple
>>No. 19234
>>19225
I'd agree if it weren't for this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_light
>>No. 19254
>>19234

The article you linked does itself identify "black light" as merely near-ultraviolet light. As in, not black. Sage for complete irrelevance
>>No. 19271
[x] Purple

This color seems to call out to you, a nostalgic hue; the color of the sky at twilight, upon that quiet beach that you called yours. Yours and hers. You had always tried to make the time to come here, but you were not always successful. Likewise, she did her best to come, but even the best planning had holes. Yet, in those moments when you had together, there was a sense of peace.

Your relationship never seemed to progress beyond this point, however, this was fine. Nothing more was needed, nor did either of you demand anything. Like this, together, was perfect,

“Hey, you won’t leave me behind, right?”

You laugh, struck silly by the absurdity of the question. “Of course not! Have faith in me, and the rest of us! We won’t let you down.”

“Really?”

“Who do you think we are? Death will not come easy for us, that’s for sure,” you give her a gentle smile to banish her insecurities, yet she clings to you as if you were going to disappear.

She looks at you, her eyes wide, “…Really?”

“Hey now…” a hand pets her on the head.

“Mmm.” She nuzzles your chest, her soft hair tickling your neck and chin. “Sorry, I guess I’m just… lacking confidence.”

“Why are you so apprehensive?”

“Because…” she looks up at you, covered in filth and her hair sticky with mud and blood. Her legs are broken, and there is a large hole in her chest. “Everything is dying.”

The forest is burning. The sand upon which you sit is scorched. A corpse floats by still clinging on to a piece of scrap; the sea is awash with red.

She reaches up to caress your cheek with a hand that is almost skeletal. A warm barrel is pressed to your head.

“I don’t want to be lonely anymore…” She speaks, her voice raspy and breathless. Death-like. “Stay with me.”

Your body jerks awake at the gunshot, your eyes snapping wide open as your heart races from that bizarre and frightful moment. A dream? A nightmare? Goddamn, that looked so real. You remember feeling the roaring heat behind you, and you swear you could have smelled the distinct stench of blood.

And she… she was dying. Had you died as well? There was something about that whole thing… it felt familiar, somehow. Maybe it was a memory, twisted by your sleeping mind into a terrible nightmare. But you’re awake now, and safe. Your hands are clean, and the shirt your wear is merely wrinkled, and not splattered with her blood.

The morning sun warms the room comfortably.

Morning activities?

[ ] ____________

(If you want to multitask, please limit it to three actions)
>>No. 19273
[X]Get some food
-[x]Consider talking to Reisen about the surreal dream; perhaps leaving out the very gory descriptive details.

For all that Ein knows, Reisen has all the confidence and support on him. He already knows Tewi's disdain towards him but not necessarily why it even exists. Eirin is rather helpful but on a rudimentary level and Kaguya's no more better.

However Ein perhaps does not necessarily need to be all that descriptive of that weird "dream" as considering how it ends, it may have been a real event but twisted into grim mockery of what really occurred. Past, yet forgotten guilt interfering with his recovery..?
>>No. 19277
[X]Get some food
-[x]Consider talking to Reisen about the surreal dream; perhaps leaving out the very gory descriptive details.

Sounds good for now.
>>No. 19281
[X]Get some food
-[x]Consider talking to Reisen about the surreal dream; perhaps leaving out the very gory descriptive details.
>>No. 19287
[X]Get some food
-[x]Consider talking to Reisen about the surreal dream; perhaps leaving out the very gory descriptive details.

It's not as if Ein's about to tell her of the carnage he saw on that forsaken beach without thinking it could make things worse... right?
>>No. 19305
>Your body jerks awake at the gunshot,
Wait, what?
>>No. 19306
>>19305

The gunshot in the dream, since the woman in it had a gun up to his head.
>>No. 19307
>>19305

The gunshot in the dream, since Reisen? in it had a gun up to his head.

never know
>>No. 19344
[X]Get some food
-[x]Consider talking to Reisen about the surreal dream; perhaps leaving out the very gory descriptive details.


It was just a dream. Yeah. A harmless illusion crafted by your messed up brain. Some of it seemed familiar, while others was just… wrong. A strange blend of memory and fantasy, perhaps, but what was real and what was false?

Ugh. It’s hard to think. Despite feeling rested, the mere act of thinking about the dream seems difficult. Already the once-vivid images are fading away, escaping the grasp of memory. Placing a steadying hand on your forehead, you will the already encroaching headache to go away.

Maybe you should get your mind off this…

Your belly growls in agreement, offering an idea for distraction. A good idea, at that, as you throw the covers off and push yourself out of bed. You only have the set of clothes from yesterday, but at least they’re not wrinkly, and a quick sniff says that they are still fine to wear. Throwing them on, you slip out of the room and towards a kitchen that already has delicious smells wafting from within. At the stove, the increasingly familiar form of a certain lavender-haired rabbit girl hums a quiet tune.

“Good morning, Reisen,” you murmur sleepily as you step into the kitchen, getting a cheerful “Morning!” back. At least someone seems to have slept well, and from the looks of it, eggs are for breakfast. You lean against the doorframe to the kitchen, silently watching Reisen cook away. She seems rather carefree at the moment, a happy

“Hey, Reisen?”

“Hmm?”

“I had a weird dream last night…”

“Oh? I had one too. Something about shrine priestesses and UFOs, but I blame too many carrots in one sitting messing with my head,” Reisen perfectly flipped an egg.

“Huh. That is pretty weird,” for a moment you try to picture a typical red and white shrine maiden getting abducted by a flying saucer, shaking your head at the absurdity of it.

“I know, right? I was pretty confused by it.”

“I’m… confused about mine too. I was on some kind of beach, overlooking a large body of water. Behind me are trees, and I’m with someone…”

The rabbit girl peeks over her shoulder with a knowing grin, “Dreaming about a romantic outing on the beach?”

That ends with a gunshot? No way. “Maybe. The person I was with seemed really familiar, and definitely a girl. But the entire time, I couldn’t see her face. Her voice, and her words, however…”

“Did you like the dream?” she asks suddenly.

“It was nice, at first,” you think about the beginning. Cuddling was pretty nice, wasn’t it? “Then, it just got darker and creepier.”

“Eh? What happened?” she stops and turns around to face you, a concerned look upon her face.

“That’s where it gets fuzzy,” you grimace, frustrated. You probably shouldn’t tell her the bloody parts, lest you worry her more than necessary. “The world… the world around me turned darker, scarier, as if I went from a sunny field into a dark cave. It felt dead, lifeless, and the girl is begging me to stay with her. Then… she shoots me in the head with a gun…”

Your words trail off as you study your friend’s reaction. Reisen looks… stunned. Maybe the imagery was too much?

“Uhm… well,” you scratch your chin, idly noting encroaching stubble. “It was pretty creepy, I admit, and I’m not sure what it’s supposed to mean. I mean, you think it could be a memory? That girl felt familiar, and I feel something like déjà vu going on now that I think about it—”

“Hey.”

You blink. Suddenly, her finger is poking you in the nose.

“It’s just a dream, right? There’s nothing to it then! I get nightmares too, you know,” she speaks with a serious tone, then brightening up, “So relax! Not even Master Eirin fully understands what dreams are. And I can guarantee that no one here is going to shoot you in the head, okay?” she winks at you.

Her words have the desired effect of calming you down. Yeah, it was just a dream, with little importance. It was your first night here, after all, so it was probably just the stress mixing with some hidden fear. Your thoughts from earlier agree with your thinking now, quietly sweeping away the doubt away. Still, some remains.

“Yeah. Thanks, Reisen,” you manage a small smile, receiving a nod in return.

“You’re welcome! Now then, go have a seat and wait for everyone else. I’ll have breakfast ready soon.”

She shoos you out of the kitchen, and like dinner last night, the other residents of Eientei gradually gather to the table as Reisen comes out with plates of food.

“Eat up! There’s plenty for everyone!” Reisen says cheerily.

[ ] Greet everyone, then eat. Yes, even Tewi.
[ ] Greet everyone, then eat. Fuck you, Tewi.
-- [ ] Tell everyone about your dream.
-- [ ] Just have idle chatter.
-- [ ] Om nom nom nom
[ ] Just eat.
[ ] Excuse yourself from breakfast. You’re not feeling too well.
[ ] ______________
>>No. 19345
[ ] Greet everyone, then eat. Yes, even Tewi.
-- [ ] Just have idle chatter.
>>No. 19346
[X] Greet everyone, then eat. Yes, even Tewi.
--[X] Just have idle chatter.
---[x] Regular ole nightmare or not, to have something familiar with a horrid backdrop could mean something, store it away in the back of the mind for later analysis.

Seriously though, considering how precious memories can be, the fact that it became rather hideous during what seemed something out of a vacationing trip, there must be some significance. Or some other memory is merely interfering with the original; overlapping if you will.
>>No. 19347
[X] Greet everyone, then eat. Yes, even Tewi.
--[X] Just have idle chatter.
---[x] Regular ole nightmare or not, to have something familiar with a horrid backdrop could mean something, store it away in the back of the mind for later analysis.

Note: Make sure that girlfriend is not carrying guns before going to the beach.
>>No. 19348
[X] Greet everyone, then eat. Yes, even Tewi.
--[X] Just have idle chatter.
---[x] Regular ole nightmare or not, to have something familiar with a horrid backdrop could mean something, store it away in the back of the mind for later analysis.

The princess doesn't need to hear the messy details, and not sure how Eirin'd react to it.
>>No. 19349
[X] Greet everyone, then eat. Yes, even Tewi.
--[X] Just have idle chatter.
---[x] Regular ole nightmare or not, to have something familiar with a horrid backdrop could mean something, store it away in the back of the mind for later analysis.
>>No. 19359
[ℤ] Greet everyone, then eat. Yes, even Tewi.
--[ℯ] Just have idle chatter.
---[~] Regular ole nightmare or not, to have something familiar with a horrid backdrop could mean something, store it away in the back of the mind for later analysis.
>>No. 19494
A paltry update, but better than none. I finally landed a job, and it's a work, but yay money.

[X] Greet everyone, then eat. Yes, even Tewi.
--[X] Just have idle chatter.
---[x] Regular ole nightmare or not, to have something familiar with a horrid backdrop could mean something, store it away in the back of the mind for later analysis.


Hmm. Though a dream it may be, you feel some sort of connection to those events. What is false and what is real is still unknown, but you can accept that at least some part of it carries a truth to your missing past.

Well, enough of that for now.

“Good morning!” you greet everyone, getting back a few sleepy replies. “And good morning, Tewi.”

The short rabbit girl freezes as you address her, her maroon eyes meeting your own in a silent, irritable stare. She says nothing to you, but at least it’s not some veiled threat or hidden insult. Silence is better than something, in this case, you suppose. The others do not seem to notice the girl’s behavior around you, whether it be sleepiness or they just don’t realize it. Regardless, everyone takes a seat as Reisen places the plates of food down, food that is immediately attacked.

The meal is mostly quiet, the sounds of the morning echoing clearly through the dining room. Bits of chatter pass between the other inhabitants, mostly regarding today’s plans and whatnot, but nothing seems all that important. You decide to just listen and focus on your deliciously free food, making sure to compliment the chef on her labors.

“Ein, how are you feeling today?” Eirin asks you, causing you to look up from your eggs.

“Hmm? Oh, I’m feeling much better today, thank you,” you nod gratefully. “It seems all the muscle ache is gone, and my head doesn’t feel stuffed up. I still don’t remember much, but at least my body is healthy.”

“Indeed,” the doctor nods, leaning back into her seat. “And you should keep that body healthy and not stay cooped up in here all day, unlike some people.”

Kaguya coughs quietly and sips a bit of juice.

“Do you have any plans for today?”

“Plans? Well… not really,” you admit with a shrug. “I still don’t know much about the land or what there is to do around here. Do you have any suggestions?”

Eirin looks thoughtful for a moment.

“I do have Reisen heading into the Human Village to sell some medicine, as well as pick up some groceries. There’s a chance you could go with her. I have research to do, so I’m afraid I can’t help out with that…” she looks around, as if trying to get an idea.

“Oh, I had been meaning to ask,” you interrupt her. “About where you found me… is there a chance I could go there to see it? Maybe there’s something left over that can jog my memory.”

Eirin nods approvingly. “You can do that. Although Reisen knows where that is best, Tewi should be able to help you out. Right, Tewi?”

“Huh?” she looks up.

“Can you guide Ein to where he was first found? You were there with Reisen, right?”

“Uh… well…” she scratches a floppy ear, notably hesitant at answering. “I mean, yeah, I think I know where it is, but I was mostly following Reisen that day. She was the one that found him. I could probably find the place though."

“Ah, I wish I could help,” Reisen is visibly disappointed at being unable to assist, her ears drooping slightly in response. “But, I really need to go to the market… Maybe we can go some other time?”

Hmm… You could go help Reisen and check out the Human Village, but give up a chance to see the site; or you could investigate the place where you were found, but you will have to deal with a likely unwilling Tewi and what abuse she may level at you; alternatively, you could just stay at Eientei and help out with whatever the inhabitants need, though obviously you miss out on either previous choices.

[ ] Investigate the site with Tewi
[ ] Check out the Human Village with Reisen.
[ ] Stay in Eientei
-- [And do what?]
[ ] ________
>>No. 19496
> [ ] Investigate the site with Tewi

Excuse me while I laugh. Ahahahahahahahahahaha...

Oh, your serious? Well then. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

No.

[X] Check out the Human Village with Reisen.

We know that Tewi dislikes us immensely, so going over there with her at this point is just asking for trouble. We need to build her trust up first, where she won't simply try to 'accidentally' end him, and instead go with the basic 'prank'em and run' tactics.

Plus, more time with moon bunny.
>>No. 19499
[X] Check out the Human Village with Reisen.
>>No. 19500
[X] Check out the Human Village with Reisen.

Perhaps being around more people will help with his memories, as he does seem to recall being with a lot of people at one point. Markets are bound to be crowded or at least relatively populated. can't nearly have enough moon bunny either

On the matter of Tewi, perhaps over time Ein can earn her trust and actually find help from her. It must be remembered that Tewi is not necessarily malicious, but merely more protective towards the others in regards to Ein's presence.

She's not evil, just heavily concerned and perhaps more so than anyone else in Eientei.
>>No. 19501
[X] Check out the Human Village with Reisen.

The site isn't going anywhere, so we can always check it out some other time.
>>No. 19503
[X] Check out the Human Village with Reisen.
>>No. 19505
[X] Check out the Human Village with Reisen.
>>No. 19506
>>19496
>Oh, your serious?
>your serious
>your
Yes, my serious.
...Learn goddamn English, already.

[x] Investigate the site with Tewi.
>>No. 19509
[X] Check out the Human Village with Reisen.

Aside from the crash site, there ought to be other things that could trigger, preferably brighter, memories or scenery that he had experienced.
>>No. 19511
[X] Check out the Human Village with Reisen.

The past is the past, and apparently full of pain. We have to face it eventually, but right now...

There's a beautiful moon bunny for us to enjoy.
>>No. 19520
[X] Check out the Human Village with Reisen.

I think Tewi is just being protective, though I'd rather not be alone with her at the moment. She might be OVERprotective. Helping Reisen is always a good thing.
>>No. 19890
Holy crap. What happened to me? I went out one night with my friends and I... What IS this?!

[X] Check out the Human Village with Reisen.

The option of visiting the place where you were found is very tempting, but the fact that you’d be stuck with Tewi the entire time does little to entice you. She doesn’t seem all that keen on going either, so for the interest of both parties, you think that making a different choice would be better. After, all, it’s not like the site will disappear after one afternoon, right?

“I think I will go with Reisen,” you decide. Out the corner of your eye, you notice Reisen’s ear twitch in response. “Getting to know my surroundings will be good in the long run, even if it’s just to go buy something.”

“Good idea,” Eirin agrees, reaching for a glass filled with juice. “When will you be leaving, Reisen?”

The rabbit girl placed down her chopsticks, “Oh, I was thinking of going immediately after cleaning up breakfast. It’s a good day out, and since Ein is coming I was thinking of just taking my time.”

“Hmm, that sounds good. Why don’t I clean up, then? That will let you get a head start on everything. And yes, you’re right; it’s a lovely day, so why not take your time?”

“You shouldn’t, master! It’s not too much to clean anyways: just some dishes and the pans. I can get Ein to help me, right?” Reisen looks at you, and you find yourself nodding in agreement.

“Nonsense! I should help out with the chores every now and then. Maybe I should get her highness to take part too…”

Kaguya freezes with her chopsticks half-way to her mouth, a morsel of egg pinched between the sticks and her mouth wide open in receiving. Her eyes are wide, staring at the doctor as Eirin smiles happily back. A cascade of emotions flow from her eyes, though it is met with Eirin’s unflinching smile. Several seconds of silent communication later, and Kaguya slumps in defeat.

“Well! That’s settled then. Finish up, and we’ll do the cleaning. Udonge, take Ein and go, okay?”

“If you say so…” the rabbit girl looks at you again, to which you shrug. Best not to look a gift horse in the face, you suppose, and if someone is that willing to do the work then it would be best to allow it, right? With that thought in mind, you finish your meal and thank Reisen once again for the food. Your timing seems rather good too, as Eirin is already beginning to clean the dishes with Kaguya hesitantly following. With a shooing motion, Eirin dismisses the two of you.

“Get going! Eat out for lunch, and enjoy your day, okay?”

Ten minutes later, you’re slipping into a pair of shoes and stepping outside already.

“Is this really okay?” you ask Reisen, who gives you a light shrug in return.

“Master is difficult to convince once she’s determined to do something. If she managed to convince lady Kaguya to help, then it’ll be impossible for us to change her mind,” she says, her shoes already on. In her arms is a medium sized box, wooden, with a long strap that goes around her neck. Printed upon it is text about the Yagokoro Clinic, though nothing about it suggests that it is full of medicine. Perhaps Reisen is recognizable entity in town? See bunny girl, receive drugs. It sounds somewhat shady, but if it works…

“Is that so…”

“Yep! Now, let’s go!”

Before you follow, however, you give the quiet mansion one last look. Grand but humble, an odd paradox in describing the place. There’s something else bugging you, but you’re not quite sure what it is.

“Ein~! What are you waiting for?” Reisen calls out for you.

With a small shrug, you turn back around and follow. The bamboo forest is just as you remember from last night, though with a brighter sun and a little livelier. The world is alive around you, a peaceful and chaotic place of raw nature. The air around you is almost electrical, injecting a renewed feeling of live into you. This place… was amazing. And upon this path, a few things nag at you. One of which is the young woman next to you, walking on while carrying a box easily the size of your chest.

“Is that heavy at all?” you ask her, concerned.

. “Don’t worry! I’ve done this for a while now,” she waves off your worry with a smile. “The weight doesn’t bother me at all.”

“Oh…” Well, that’s good, you suppose. Then you wonder about the length of your trip; the path seems to go on for quite a ways… “Is the town usually this far away?”

“Not really, but then again, I usually fly there, so it goes much quicker.”

“Ah. Right.” Perhaps flight is a skill you should pick up, assuming you can fly at all. As it stands, you’re slowing everything down.

“But this is okay! Really!” she amends herself quickly. “It’s still early morning, and taking it slow like this lets me enjoy the sights a little more. I’ve always been moving around at high speed, hoping to get all my work done early. Relaxing like this, I think I can get used to it.”

The smile on her face reflects her cheer, and you find it contagious. Chatter passes between the two of you easily, the topic once again about mundane things, as well as moments of silence while you two take in the vastness of nature. Like this, you walk for some ways, though the total distance is lost to you. A breath of relief does escape you, however, as you exit the endless sea of bamboo and into what seems like a more typical forest. From there, it’s just a short walk before the woods clear away to reveal a rustic but lively town.

“So? What should we do? We have the whole day to ourselves, even if we have to do some work to do. We just need to get back before dinner time.”

[ ] Fun then work
[ ] Work then fun
[ ] Ask Reisen what she wants to do
[ ] ___________
>>No. 19891
[x] Suggest Work then fun
-[x] But ask what she wants to do anyways, since it's her trip.

No shame in going along for the flow. I hope the next update comes quicker.
>>No. 19893
[x] Suggest Work then fun
-[x] But ask what she wants to do anyways, since it's her trip.
>>No. 19895
[x] Suggest Work then fun
-[x] But ask what she wants to do anyways, since it's her trip.
-[x] Try and see if your body has any memory about flying.
Hey, that actually works IRL. Mechanic memory of certain skills can resist most physical or mental traumas that cause ammnesia.
>>No. 19896
[x] Suggest work, then fun.
-[x] But ask what she wants to do anyways, since it's her trip.
-[x] Try and see if your body has any memory about flying.
>>No. 19897
[x] Suggest Work then fun
-[x] But ask what she wants to do anyways, since it's her trip.

Best to take advantage of the early start and get the work out of the way.
>>No. 19898
[x] Suggest Work then fun
-[x] But ask what she wants to do anyways, since it's her trip.
-[x] Try and see if your body has any memory about flying.

Moon bunny~
>>No. 19905
[x] Suggest Work then fun
-[x] But ask what she wants to do anyways, since it's her trip.
-[x] Try and see if your body has any memory about flying.

Works for me~!
>>No. 19907
[x] Suggest Work then fun
-[x] But ask what she wants to do anyways, since it's her trip.
-[x] Try and see if your body has any memory about flying
>>No. 19959
Hmm. I fear a slight quality drop in this one. Must work on writing better. Hmm, I should start a new thread soon...

[x] Suggest Work then fun
-[x] But ask what she wants to do anyways, since it's her trip.
-[x] Try and see if your body has any memory about flying.


What to do, what to do? Hmm…

“Let’s get work over with. That way, we can spend the rest of the time relaxing and having fun, without worrying about meeting quota. That’s just my idea, though. How do you normally do things, Reisen?”

“Eh? Ah, well, usually I just sell the goods then buy some groceries, then go right back home. But since we have extra free time today, I’m not sure what to do. I mean, we could browse around the village a bit. Their market is pretty good to shop through.”

“That sounds good too,” you nod your consent. “I’ll just follow you around then.”

“Ehh, are you sure you want to follow me?”

“Well, hey, it’s your trip. You have the right to do what you want to do,” you explain, getting a grateful smile in return.

“Alright! Then… let’s play it by ear, shall we?” at those words, one of her long ears twitches, inciting a chuckle from you. “We’ll see how sales go for the morning, get lunch, then see what needs to be done afterwards.”

“Lead the way, milady,” you bow, your hands out in exaggerated pose.

She giggles lightly, starting down the path into the village. The road is empty, though considering it leads into a very confusing place, it’s no surprise it’s closed. You go down a small hill, the tall grasses waving like ripples in water. A few sparrows glide by, flying out of the forest and towards the village. Flying, huh? Reisen said it would’ve been faster to fly, even if she said she wanted to take her time. But it makes you wonder: would flight be one of your possible abilities? It sounds a bit ridiculous, considering how human you seem to be, and inhuman Reisen is (in the nicest way possible, of course). Both Tewi and Reisen had shown the ability to take to the skies, and you suspect Eirin may be able to as well.

So… maybe?

“Oh, Reisen, I got a quick question,” you speak up, stepping up to next to her.

“Yes?”

“How do you fly?” you mentally cringe at the bluntness of the question, but there’s no other way of presenting it, is there?

Though still walking, she merely blinks at you.

“How do I fly? Um… it’s kind of difficult to describe,” she pauses, trying to think of the words to say. “Why do you ask?”

“Hum… Just curious, I guess?”

It’s possible you could fly, but it’s also likely you’d fall flat on your face.

“Flying… well, I just… do? I don’t know, it’s just a mental thing, I suppose. I imagine myself moving upwards, pushing against the ground. I don’t know, it’s been so long since I learned how to fly, you know? I just… do it.”

“Hmm,” you hum, trying to make sense of the vague directions. In no way can Reisen be faulted for having a patchy memory, especially if it was so long ago. Youkai were rather long-lived, right? Still, you don’t think you

“Did you have any difficulties in learning?”

“Ahh, well I remember that it was hard getting the energy just to get into the air at first. Early on, I just had a running start and jumped, pushing myself up and up. Many trainees fell flat on their face when they tried it,” she laughs at the memory.

Suddenly, you’re running down the rest of the hill, leaping forward and up as you reach the bottom edge of the hill.

It’s an odd feeling, being in the air, after you’ve been on the ground for so long. But you had to be, if you wanted to get where you wanted to go.

Expected to be anywhere, at any time.

Ready to fight. Ready to die.

In peace, it was a rather cushy position. In conflict, however, there was never a moment’s rest. To the north, where comrades died; to the south, where they almost left you behind; to the east, where all you saw was tragedy; and then back to home, only to start it all over again.

“Go go go!” they would scream at you, as you bolted down the cabin and out into the open air; once more, into the breach.

Freefalling wasn’t so bad… till you hit the ground at least. Barely a few feet off the ground you manage to go before gravity yanks you back to solid ground, your body tucking and rolling into the fall. Though disoriented, you managed to roll to a stop onto your back. The sky is before you, vast and blue.

Not like that other place.

Other place…

“Ein!? Ein! Are you alright?!” the worried face of Reisen hovers over you.

Well. That certainly showed you.

“Allo, precious!” you grin up at the rabbit girl.

“What were you thinking?! You can’t fly!” she scolds you.

“Won’t know till I try,” you chuckle, moving to stand as Reisen steps out of the way to let you up. You brush off bits of dirt and grass off your jacket, giving the girl another silly grin and receiving a confused and concerned look in return. Seeing as you are unharmed, however, she continues on, though still rather miffed.

“Hmph. Maybe you should learn not to worry others before doing crazy stunts like that. What if you landed on your head and broke your neck?!”

“Then I would’ve been in big trouble,” the joke seems to not work as intended, Reisen still keeping her attention away from you. “Hey, Reisen, don’t be like that. I’m sorry I worried you. I just thought maybe some kind of shock would be able to shake some more memories out.”

“You idiot!” she whirls around to face you. “Memory repair doesn’t work that way! You need to let it come on your own, otherwise you may be traumatized in body, mind, or both! That’s what master told me! I need to keep you safe, even from yourself!”

“Err.”

“Do you know how much that scared me? I thought you were going to kill yourself from that! The village doesn’t have the equipment to deal with a broken neck, and I don’t know if I could have flown quickly enough to get master to you! This isn’t a time to be goofing off, Ein!”

There’s a lot of passion in her eyes, mixed with genuine worry and concern for your wellbeing. Suddenly, you’re feeling quite a bit more ridiculous and guilty than before, the shame filling you on the inside.

“I’m sorry, Reisen. I was being stupidly reckless. I promise to be a lot more careful,” you answer honestly, swallowing your pride (or what little you have, being the dependant that you are). “Let’s get to the village, yeah? We’ll just forget this whole thing ever happened…

The two of you descend into the village, the time now mid to late morning. The streets are alive with people, a different sort of energy from the forest. It’s rather confusing at first, disorienting and almost scary. There’s so many villagers it’s almost stifling. Almost, because it only feels weird to be around so many strangers. Then again, you suppose everyone is a stranger, on account of your amnesia. Maybe there’s someone here that may know you? It’s possible, though at the same time you feel a little out of place. Many villagers are wearing some pretty plain stuff: robes, shirts, pants, but nothing like what you’re wearing. Judging by the looks from others, you do feel that they are staring at your strange clothes. Still, the entire place is fascinating…

So fascinating, that you completely miss the young girl you quite literally plow into.

“Ah!” she cries out, her small body overwhelmed by your greater mass and toppling over backwards. Your hand shoots out completely on reflex, grabbing the girl’s outstretched hand and catching her. She’s a tiny, light thing; a child, practically, with short indigo hair and a colorful green and yellow kimono with flower print sleeves and red hakama.

“I’m so sorry!” you blurt out. “Are you okay?”

“A-ah, y-yes. Yes, I am fine, thank you,” she answers, balancing herself before she gets a good look at you. “I do not recognize you. Are you an outsider?”

What did she mean by that? “I suppose so? I mean, I’m only visiting the village with my friend here…”

Wait, where’s Reisen?

“Um…”

“Lost her?” she asks you.

“Yep.” There’s no use lying.

“It should not be too hard to find her, even with a crowd like this. If she is really your friend, then you can find her anywhere,” the child gestures around you. “I would help, but my height is a disadvantage here. I gather that is the reason you bumped into me.”

She smiles wryly, to which you bow your head again and apologize.

“It's fine! I am unharmed. Rather, you should keep your head up and pay attention. Perhaps your friend is searching for you.”

The girl shows incredible wisdom, to which you follow by focusing your attention on the crowd. Perhaps it’s your name, or it’s that you recognize the voice, but you hear Reisen’s voice soon enough.

“Ein~!”

“Oh! I hear her!” you report, getting an approving nod from the girl.

“Keep your head up. Otherwise, you may miss what is right in front of you,” she imparts this wisdom to you, before bowing and offering her farewells and slipping away into the crowd. No sooner do you lose sight of the indigo-haired girl that Reisen suddenly appear in front of you.

“There you are! You worried me again!” Uh oh. She’s got that pout again.

“Sorry, sorry! I got distracted by this whole place,” you apologize quickly. “But I’m here now, and I’ll stick with you as best I can. Where are we going next?”

The rabbit girl gives you a strange look, but accepts your words anyways.

“Hmm, well, there’s a bunch of places we could go to and sell some product, then maybe look around a bit…”

[ ] To the markets!
[ ] Shrine?
[ ] Wonder where all the kids are running off to…
[ ] Go after the girl
[ ] ___________
>>No. 19961
[X] To the markets!

Business before pleasure, as we decided earlier. Besides, we need the time flexibility for later, that way we can maximize our fun time without time restraints, and make up for worrying Reisen so much.
>>No. 19962
[X] To the markets!

Well the flight attempt idea didn't work so well; this isn't shounen folks.
>>No. 19963
>>19962
Worth a shot.
[X] To the markets!
>>No. 19964
[X] To the markets!

Business first, then free time with the moon bunny.

>>19662

It was worth it to see just how deeply the moon bunny cares about us.
>>No. 19965
>>19964
That was the bright side of such a stunt.
>>No. 19967
[x] To the markets!
[x] Wonder aloud where all the kids are running off to.

Poor Akyu.
>>No. 20055
Hahaha. Oh wow.

I know I said I would work on my posting frequency, but some things I have no control over. This week is spring break, and that means many of my collegiate coworkers have asked for vacation time in which to take advantage of said break. However, this means that I get called in to cover their shifts in addition to working my own, severely eating into my free time.

On a plus note, my next paycheck is pretty much doubled thanks to overtime.

I hope to get the new thread going by next week. Sorry for the delay.
>>No. 20061
“Keep your head up. Otherwise, you may miss what is right in front of you.”

A hint perhaps?

[X] To the markets!
[Return][Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x