[Return]
Archived Thread
File 124365638170.jpg - (328.10KB , 800x600 , klum.jpg ) [iqdb]
16206 No. 16206
“So what kind of magic can you use?” It's something a bit hard to believe. Magic is for fantasy novels and movies. Even though you've seen things that aren't easily explained with logic, having your buddy of all people be able to use magic? It's not something that you'd easily accept like that. “It's a bit hard to picture really, to be honest.”

“That's rather insulting really.” She raises her eyebrows at you, you can tell she's just pretending to be upset, “I'm quite sure that I'm more skilled in this department than you could probably hope to ever be.”
“Ouch buddy, no need to be so snide.”
“In any case, I'm not sure how to explain this to you. It's not like I can do sleights of hand or anything like dazzling like that. Well, maybe, but I haven't really tried.”
“A straightforward explanation will do.”
“Straightforward it is; I can manipulate temporality and eternity.”
“...and what's that supposed to mean?” Now there's something vague and ill-defined. She might as well have told you that she did 'stuff'.

“Not so easy to understand when I put it like that, now is it?” She shook her head. “Which is why I was trying to choose my words carefully. Listen carefully okay?” You nod. “Good. Now basically time is everywhere, right? You notice it with the day-night cycle, growing older, death.”
“So you're saying that you can control time?”
“In a manner of speaking yes. But it's a bit more complicated than that. The spell of eternity makes it so that everything has its time stopped. It keeps everything at its ideal form, and nothing ever changes. So a that means that no matter how much you try, you can't change things. A tree would never shed its leaves, or blossom for that matter. Neither could you destroy anything, as much as you tried. Things would remain as they were no matter what. They have no history eternally.”

That doesn't sound very useful to you. Why would you want to do such a thing?

“My other ability is in a way, opposite to Eternity. It's manipulating things in small time intervals. Acting in instants that are imperceivable.”
“Doing things instantly?” You can think of at least one occasion where that seemed to be the case.
“That's one aspect of it. In any case, I avoid using both. It's not like I need to, so it's alright to act normal.”

“I'm not sure I can picture you doing anything of the sort. But well, I suppose I'm not exactly attuned to magic.”
“You probably don't realize it, but you are. All living things are connected in some way by magic. It's the way that things were set up.”
“It'd be neat if I could conjure up a thunderbolt or something like that, but I don't think it's possible.”
“You'd probably hurt yourself.” She smiles, “But it probably is possible for you if you try hard enough.”
“I'll keep that in mind next time I need to use magic.”

You change the topic to her coming to Earth.

“That's a long and, honestly, boring tale.” Kaguya sighs. “But since you asked, I guess I can tell you a little bit about my past. I was exiled to the Earth as punishment.”
“Punishment for what?”
“Drinking something that Eirin made. Well, that I asked her to make. The Hourai Elixir. According to their reasoning, I was impure for drinking it and no longer fit to live amongst them. I'm an delinquant outcast.” She smiled, “Imagine that? Your buddy being on the same level as the most heinous criminals.”
“You've got a better personality than most criminals I know.” You follow her example and joke. “And you certainly don't look like you'll rip my head off for looking at you funny.”
“Don't push your luck.” She laughed. You couldn't tell how she really felt underneath, but felt it was good enough to have her take it easy. “I was abandoned on Earth and a lot has happened since then. A lot of time went by, and I've seen a lot of things. But eventually I met up with Eirin again and we came here to live far away from all of that.”
“And you've been left alone?”
“For the most part. We've pretty much cut our ties. It seemed that the moon no longer cared about us.”
>> No. 16208
A hurried knock on the door interrupts the conversation.

“Yes?” Kaguya apologizes with a motion of her hand to you.

The door slides open, revealing a staid Eirin. She delivers her message without stopping for formalities; “It occurred according to plan.”
“So it's just as you thought?” Your buddy looks equally somber.
“Almost assuredly. I haven't confirmed just yet. I came to tell you the news right away.”
“I see. Any difficulties?”
“Not especially.” Eirin adds something else, sensing that Kaguya isn't satisfied. “It's nothing I can't fix anyways.”
“Well, as long as you think you can manage.”

“I'm sorry, but what are you talking about?” It would be an understatement saying that you were confused. You definitely didn't know what they were on about.

Eirin smiles a bit. “You haven't told him yet, princess?”
“No, not yet. I was just getting to it.”
“I'm sorry then, I had assumed that you did.”
“Told me what?”
“What was going on.” Kaguya answers you. “I meant to tell you earlier, but you only came to see me a while ago. And I'm afraid that we avoided the subject as well.”

“Well, would you like to see now, princess?” Eirin interrupts with a slightly impatient tone.
“Yes. I did decide that I would keep my self on top of things, after all.” Kaguya gets up, motioning you to follow. “I can explain a bit while we walk.”

With Eirin leading, the two of you follow a couple of steps behind, Kaguya tries to frame the issue at hand. “What's going on right now?” You ask. Whatever it is, it looks like Eirin has great interest in it.

“You recall the incident the other night, right?” You nod, the memory of aching lungs still fresh in your memory. “Well, this is a continuation of that. Instead of waiting for another incident to happen, we preempted. In short, we set up a trap.”
“That sounds too fiendish, princess.” Eirin interrupts without looking back. “I prefer to say that we simply predicted their next move and countered in advance.”
“Well, whatever you might want to call it, we've now got another guest with us.” You're led to another part of Eientei, one beyond the clinic, that looks to be near where you were detained one time. “I think you'll understand if you just observe.”

Well, you ask a few other small things, but you only get half-answers. It's not that Kaguya is trying to hide things, you would probably feel offended if she was, but that she's preoccupied with what's going on. The room you ultimately end up is looks like an observation room like in a hospital. It's dark, and there's a large window on one wall.

Kaguya approaches the window. “Is she conscious? It doesn't look like she's moving.”
“She's restrained, that would be why she's not moving. I couldn't have her trying her petty tricks again. Would be a waste of time.”
“Haven't you already searched her for weapons?”
“Undonge has. But you know how it is, especially the way things are, there's liable to be some last-resort implement somewhere.”

You approach the window yourself. In a dimly lit room with plain walls there's a bed, like those in the clinic, and not much else. A girl lies on the bed, an arm and leg bandaged and dressed in a hospital gown, head turned away from the window. You can distinguish two of her features quite clearly – her long silver hair, and the shape of long rabbit's ears just like Reisen's. “Who is this?”

“Our guest.” Eirin replies. “And our delightful intruder.”
“She's from the moon.” Kaguya adds.
“Someone else? Why is she here?”
“That's something that I wanted to tell you about earlier. And I guess I should tell you right now – I bet this doesn't make much sense to you.”
“No, not really, you told me just earlier that you cut your ties to the moon.”

“I'm going to talk to her.” Eirin interrupted. “Do you wish to be present?”
“No. I'm not good in situations like these. Tell me later what happens. I think I'll have a bit of fresh air.”
“Alright. Undonge is keeping watch, and there's probably no one else, so you can relax for a while if you want.”
“Thank you.” Kaguya looks at you. “You can stay and observe if you want, I don't think Eirin will mind. I can explain the situation to you later.”
“I won't. If you stay silent, you can do as you please.” Eirin looks at the girl in the room and then at you with an unrevealing look. You can't tell what she's thinking.
“Well, do what you have to. I hope she's cooperative.”
“I'll just do what we agreed upon. We should have a bit more time now anyways.”

Kaguya looks at you, wondering what you're going to decide to do.

[] Stay and observe Eirin
[] Go outside with Kaguya
>> No. 16209
[x] Go outside with Kaguya
>> No. 16210
[X] Go outside with Kaguya

Though, seeing Eirin work could be quite interesting...
>> No. 16213
[X] Go outside with Kaguya
>> No. 16214
File 124365932372.jpg- (195.04KB , 480x640 , 2dc95d08388cfd10967bb08bf99e7665.jpg ) [iqdb]
16214
>>16210
[!/] Go outside with Kaguya

I agree, but we'd know how it would end anyways.

A laidout,broken, and sweaty moon bunny with a huffing and blushing half-undressed Eirin.
>> No. 16215
>>16214
Hey, don't be so sure. You never know when she might decide to switch things up a little bit. Maybe she'll repeatedly poke and prod the moonbunny with assorted pointy objects while repeatedly asking her "Is it safe?" Maybe she'll burst into exuberant song about her job while gleefully cutting her apart with assorted surgical tools. Or maybe she'll just do what I would expect her to do, pump her full of drugs, and see what happens. Not for information, but because it amuses her, drugging up a bunny.
>> No. 16216
[X] Go outside with Kaguya

We'd just distract her anyway.
>> No. 16217
[X] Go outside with Kaguya

I don't think Shirou would like it if he witnessed an "interrogation" by Eirin, especially if she uses "enhanced" techniques, like what she was saying she might end up doing to him...
>> No. 16219
>>16208
[X] Go outside with Kaguya
>> No. 16221
[x] Go outside with Kaguya
[x] "What is it that you and Eirin had agreed upon exactly?"

I won't be surprised if 'unforeseen complications' occur or that we're told she's swallowed a cyanide capsule. Anyway, the rabbit is unlikely to be long for this world.
>> No. 16223
You sure you don't want to watch?
It could be worth it to see the look on Eirin's face when she realizes that's Reisen in there.
>> No. 16224
File 124373486084.jpg- (176.65KB , 600x825 , 2119c1e134c87e1ab763085299bfb793.jpg ) [iqdb]
16224
>>16223

WHAT A TWIST.

But really now. Reisen is generally described and drawn with having lilac colored hair.
This army bunny has typical Mooninite silver.
>> No. 16225
>>16224
Remember the attack, though?

>>“...Reisen!” You yell as loud as you can. The silhouette in front of you reacts, half-turning in your direction. “Over here, Reisen!” You yell out, in hopes that she'll find you. She comes closer and you see her ankles clearly through the smoke. A black and gold fabric covers it. You look up, trying to get her to see you lying on the ground. “I'm on the floor!” She seems to hear you, and crouches to look closer. You stretch your hand out. She's about to do the same when a ridiculously strong gust of hot air and bright light sweeps past you. The smoke clears momentarily, but the concussive blast is enough to push you away. You just manage to glimpse at Reisen's pale silver hair before the smoke fills the void and obfuscates your vision.

I had been wondering about that bit about the black and gold fabric on her ankles, since it didn't sound like something Reisen would normally wear for day-to-day work, and as sudden as that attack was I seriously doubt she would take the time to change while shit was blowing up.

So then, what if that wasn't Reisen we saw, but someone else we mistook for Reisen. Someone who would have to have enough similarities to be mistaken for her in that smoke and chaos.
Whoever it was had silver hair, and apparently in this story Reisen does as well. Considering one of the biggest identifiers for Reisen, and the first thing about her you'd probably notice, are her ears, it's probably safe to assume we saw them on the figure in the hallway, as well. Hence the assumption that it was her.

But I digress. We identified the girl as Reisen because of what few features we could make out, which included silver hair. Ergo, Reisen in this story has silver hair (though I'm sure she could use her abilities to make it look any color she wanted).
>> No. 16226
>You try to twist your neck around, looking past Reisen's lilac strands, to no avail.

From several threads ago. The only example I could find in this playthrough, but I'm sure I've brought it up in the past as well.

The second person narrator is basically Shirou and limited by how he sees the world around him. That is to say, it's not omniscient. I'm sure you understand the implications of that when trying to look at things objectively.

As for an actual update. I'm in a fey mood, piled on top of a depressive frame. I know. But I can't help it. The feelings making me want to write only make it worse. I'll sort it out or suppress it, whatever the case may be, as soon as possible. In a couple of hours hopefully.
>> No. 16230
>>16226
So...Reisen's hair isn't silver, Shirou just sucks at identifying colors sometimes. Gotcha.
>> No. 16231
>I'm in a fey mood, piled on top of a depressive frame.

You know you want to dangle leaving the rabbit to die over our heads. Do it.
>> No. 16238
>>16231

Kira already did that. Suggest something more...entertaining.
>> No. 16239
File 124380337512.png- (218.85KB , 450x1250 , 1243802696357.png ) [iqdb]
16239
>> No. 16242
>>16239
I agree.
>> No. 16243
You leave Eirin to whatever it is that she plans to do and accompany Kaguya outside. The night is cloudy, and the stars timidly peek through dispersed holes in the dark canopy. Kaguya stops on the edge of the wooden porch, looking blankly at the darkness. “You should have stayed with Eirin, it would have been easier that way.”

You stop next to her. “Does it really matter? I just wanted to spend more time with you.”
“It might.” Compared to before, her manner of speaking is slow and somewhat feeble. You check the time quickly; midnight has long passed. “Seeing her work might have let you understand what was going on without the need to draw it out.”
“Maybe. But I'm sure it's nothing that you can't explain to me anyways.”
“That's true... probably...”
“Probably?” You get the feeling that she just doesn't want to talk about it.
“Hmm...” She takes a deep breath of night air, her whole frame moving with the exaggerated motion. There's a pause as she holds the air and then you hear her softly let out the breath in a soft and continuous exhalation.
“That's a no then?” You take a breath of cool air yourself. It feels like your whole body just got two degrees colder.
“Not really.” She speaks in almost a whisper. “I just happen to be a little tired, that's all.”
“How long do you think Eirin will take?”
“Probably not very long. I don't think she needs much at this stage, just to confirm some of our suspicions.”
“Yeah, that much I got. I still have no idea what those 'suspicions' might be though.”
“I guess I should tell you.”
“You should. We're in this together.”
“...the thing is, I don't feel like telling you.”
“Wha-?”
“I just don't, alright.” Kaguya doesn't look at you, keeping her pale face looking towards the darkness of the outside. You can't tell if she's pouting or maybe scowling.
“...That's not very fair buddy.”

She sighs, crouching down to sit on the wooden edge. From your viewing angle, she looks like a darkened mass – if you were looking over here from far away you wouldn't be able to see her until you were upon her.

“I suppose not. But I don't feel like talking about it. I'm tired and it feels like I've talked more in the last couple of hours than I have in the last ten years.”
“Yeah, you've done a bit of talking, but it hasn't been that much.” You try to dig through her layered reasoning. “Wouldn't it be better if you got everything out in the open now so you didn't have to bring it up again?”
“Whether I want it or not, it will be brought out into the open. Even if I don't say anything.”
“It helps me feel part of all of this if I am up to date with everything. Besides, I want to help.” You sit down slowly, now able to see some of her face again.

There's a moment of silence between you as Kaguya lifts her legs onto the wood and tucks them close to her body. She might have mumbled something, but you couldn't hear it clearly enough to know if it was something directed at you. “Well, whatever you want is fine.” She starts to sway slightly, rocking her body with respect to her legs. You smile slightly, feeling that despite her (likely) exhausted mental state, she still deferred to you.

[] “Alright, I guess it'd be best if you told me now.”
[] “...it's okay.” For now, don't press the issue and enjoy the quiet moment together
[] Write-in option goes here

---
Shorter update for a bit, in order to stimulate me into writing quicker; work my way up with hopefully matching votes.

>>16230
That would not be the point I was making.
>> No. 16244
[X] “...it's okay.” For now, don't press the issue and enjoy the quiet moment together

I wonder if it's too much to hope this scene ends in a reversal of the end of the party, with Kaguya falling asleep on our lap.
>> No. 16245
[X] “...it's okay.” For now, don't press the issue and enjoy the quiet moment together
>> No. 16249
[x] “...it's okay. Seeing you emotionally exhausted, well, it takes the wind out of my sails too. I'll go watch Eirin and learn what I can from there, and that will just have to do for now."

Don't roll over so easily, it will only serve to frustrate her further. The reason she's having such difficulty is that she didn't expect Shirou to be at all adamant about this. But if you look wishy-washy, then she'll be pissed off at you for forcing her to go through the wringer, when she could've obviated the whole matter by keeping mum in the first place.

>I wonder if it's too much to hope this scene ends in a reversal of the end of the party, with Kaguya falling asleep on our lap.

After an argument, you can't just expect that when one side simply gives up that they can go on conversing as usual. The hurt and discomfort stays while they're together. Of course when they part those feelings will turn to feel regret and self-doubt, worrying that they might be losing someone special over trivialities. That's a good thing, because those feelings are an expression of caring, while the former are merely the result of one's own egotism and selfishness.
>> No. 16250
[X] “...it's okay.” For now, don't press the issue and enjoy the quiet moment together
>> No. 16258
No? Well, I guess I'll just sulk then. Possibly drink until I don't care anymore.
>> No. 16260
>>16258
You do see the downward spiral that sort of thinking sets us all on, don't you?
Less frequent updates leads to less frequent voting. Less frequent voting leads to even less frequent updates, which leads to even less frequent voting, and so on, and so on...
>> No. 16261
[X] “...it's okay.” For now, don't press the issue and enjoy the quiet moment together
>> No. 16262
[x] “...it's okay.” For now, don't press the issue and enjoy the quiet moment together
>> No. 16263
[+] "... it's okay." For now, don't press the issue and enjoy the quiet moment together
>> No. 16276
Alright. Whatever. Update by 13:00, or 14:00 (5-6 hours from now - servertime) most likely.

>>16260
That's only part of the problem. Decreased usershare and (apparent) lack of interest also weigh in heavily, Especially given that they're more tied in to this story than other endeavaours found elsewhere.
>> No. 16277
>>16276

Come on man, don't punish the readers who are following your story closely and voting faithfully update after update.
>> No. 16278
[x] “...it's okay.” For now, don't press the issue and enjoy the quiet moment together

“...it's okay.” You say quietly and let the subject drop. You feel that there's nothing to be gained by pressing the issue and end up sitting quietly. Despite the cold, you're feeling rather sleepy, and you yawn.

Kaguya doesn't say anything, so you don't say anything. It's not all that bad, you feel, sitting here blanketed by darkness. It's interesting enough to watch the stars peaking out through patches of cloud and catching occasional glimpses of a bright moon behind it all. You don't know how long you kept looking at the night – it felt like it would have destroyed the charm of the moment if you had checked your PDA.

It's then that you notice what your body has subconsciously done. It sought warmth, and you've inched closer to Kaguya without realizing it. It's not just you, to be honest, it looks like she's done the same. You're in close proximity, and if you try, you can hear her soft breathing. Your unease about not knowing things begins to melt away, and you think that if this were an accurate microcosm of your life, you'd be happy with it. You don't do anything else when you become conscious of your proximity to Kaguya, respecting her reserved state.

The moment is soon interrupted by the presence of Eirin. “Princess, I'm done for now.” Her words come from behind you, and you wonder just how long she's been standing there. “Would you like me to summarize now?”
“Yes. That would be fine.” Kaguya doesn't bother to turn around to look at her, keeping her stare on some unseen point in the darkness.
“It wasn't much surprise that she was uncooperative with me.” Well, an infiltrator wouldn't normally be, or so you think. “There was nothing of great value said in this first exchange, just mostly silence over her motives and objectives. As well as under whose orders she was acting. That said, I was able to get her to at least confirm what we've suspected all along.”
“Then there's no real doubt about it anymore, is there?”
“I'm afraid not.”
“So how should we proceed?”
“I've already got several ideas waiting to be implemented. There's not much time until she's missed, and there preparations I have in mind in case of further incursions.”
“I see then.” Kaguya gets up. “What's her name?”
“The rabbit?” There's a delay before Eirin answers the question. “I haven't found out.”
“So you didn't ask her.”
“It wasn't a priority.”
“Very well. I'll ask you to tell me in the morning about some of these preparations. I'm going to retire for the night. I'm feeling quite tired.”
“Alright then princess. Have a good night.”

Before leaving, Kaguya looks down at you. “Good night.” She mumbles, her face hidden by shadow.
“Good night.” You reply as she starts to walk off slowly in the direction of her room.

“I guess I might as well go to sleep as well.” You get up, and find that Eirin is still standing behind you.
“What do you make of all of this?” There might have just been a trace of real curiosity behind her words. “I'd like to hear your perspective.”
“Eh, how come?”
“No particular reason. Just to see what a relative outsider thinks.”
“Umm, well...” You try to form an opinion on something you're not sure of.
“...She hasn't told you anything, has she?”You see her shift her gaze absentmindedly to the night behind you. “That's interesting.”
“Uh, 'interesting'?”
“Perhaps that was a poor word choice. I just thought that she would have told you by now. Well, it's not a matter of life or death right now, so I suppose its alright.”
“Can't you tell me what's been going on?” As apprehensive as you are, knowing is better than not knowing.
“I could.” There's a small, good-natured, chuckle from her. “But I'm afraid it's not my place to tell you. I would not go behind her back if she deliberately chose not to tell you. You have to sort it out with her.”
“I guess that I eventually do.”
“Glad you understand.” She then asks a question, “Are you really going to sleep now?”
“I have nothing better to do, besides I'm feeling a bit tired as well. It's been a long day. What about you?”
“I still have work to do tonight. It will be some time before I can rest. The most pressing matter is, of course, organizing surveillance for our new guest.”
“Will she try to escape?”
“It's very likely.” Eirin admits. “But probably not tonight, since I've given her some sedatives in conjunction to the treatment for her wounds.”
“Is she a threat?”
“Not really. And her abilities don't seem to be that amazing either. All the same, for safety's sake, I'm keeping her under lock and watch.”
“I can sleep soundly then.” You smile while shrugging.
“Just like every night.”

[] Talk to Eirin some more
[] Offer to ease some of her workload tonight
[] Go to bed

--
Sorry, was busy earlier.

>>16277
I'm not punishing anyone. At least not willfully and consciously. It's just how I feel, and I can't help that. But I will admit that it does influence how quickly and how enthusiastically I update. It's not something I say to alienate my readers. I've always said I enjoy and appreciate the fact that you read the story.

Open discussion and transparency are things I've always claimed to encourage, along with healthy discussion, and this applies to both me and my readers. I'm just being honest here, and I expect no less in return. It's only fair that you know what is going on.
>> No. 16279
[!/] Talk to Eirin some more
>> No. 16280
[x] Talk to Eirin some more
>> No. 16281
[X] Offer to ease some of her workload tonight.

>>16277

Fair enough.
>> No. 16282
[X] Offer to ease some of her workload tonight.

Despite being tired, this should help Shirou sneak a peak at some info, perhaps learn what's being used as defenses as well as perhaps converse with Eirin. Have some fun with strategizing on defenses along with how the hell to ease Kaguya to spill the beans on what the hell is happening. Make it a priority for the next day to get that info...
>> No. 16283
[+] PDA: check time
[+] Offer to ease some of her workload tonight

Talking to her sounds counterproductive if she says she has more to do. And I'm probably being too literal with this option.
>> No. 16285
[X] Offer to ease some of her workload tonight

And so, with another day gone by that Kaguya hasn't spilled the beans about what's going on, we may as well end doing SOMETHING productive.
>> No. 16288
>>16283
Oh, it's not the whole 'annoying clingy talking thing' if you were thinking that. For starters Shirou doesn't have the energy for it right now. It would be things that the protagonist has in his mind (with maybe an option for write-in dialog after/during, I hadn't completely ruled that out for that choice).

That said, have to go out, but be back in an hour or two and I'll see about writing if everyone that's going to vote votes.

>>16285
Well, you had several repeated chances. But it doesn't matter that much. Babysteps are fine, relationships are more important than anything else and they require time and effort.
>> No. 16290
>>16288
>>Well, you had several repeated chances. But it doesn't matter that much. Babysteps are fine, relationships are more important than anything else and they require time and effort.

Oh, of course, of course. Better to be frustrated by someone resisting on a point if there's a chance they'll come around eventually, rather than try to force the issue on them, which could do more harm than good.
>> No. 16291
[X] Offer to ease some of her workload tonight
>> No. 16293
[X] Offer to ease some of her workload tonight
>> No. 16294
[atai] Offer to ease some of her workload tonight
>> No. 16296
[x] Offer to ease some of her workload tonight
>> No. 16297
>>16294
ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 16312
[X] Offer to ease some of her workload tonight
>> No. 16316
“It's not a problem with you,” You decide to volunteer yourself to help her, “I'd like to help you out tonight. If you've got a lot of things to do, then I'd feel bad about going to bed right now.”
“That's very kind of you.” Eirin observes with a smile you can see even with the poor illumination. “I think that I'll take you up on that offer. I have been missing too much of my beauty sleep lately. Come on then.”

You check the time as you go inside; 1:32 AM.

You walk to Eirin back towards the clinic. “There's a plenty that you can help me with.” She explains, “With things as they are, I have to run several calculations and consult various tomes and books I have. That's why I would like you to do some of the other chores.”
“...Right.” Somehow, that feels a bit insulting.
“The calculations and information I have to research could not be done by someone unfamiliar with the notation and concepts.” You must have let your annoyance show more than you realized, since she added that small explanation casually. “For the sake of expediency, and in order to get any sleep, it's the way it has got to be.”

Well, it's not all that bad. Besides tending to a bit of mind-numbing filing duty again, you get to do other things. Like calculations. For some reason. You try your best not to be disappointed with that task. “Are these budget sheets or something?” You ask while putting the values of column A into the formula. “These figures are quite big.” You've been writing results down neatly into a notebook which Eirin gave you.

The explanation isn't very revealing. “Calculations for some of the things I plan to do.” Eirin is obviously completely immersed in her own work, reading and writing down notes with little concern for what you're doing. You shrug and just do the relatively simple (at least when compared to what she seems to be doing) calculations to the best of your abilities. When you're done, you offer to make some tea. “That would be good.”

Eirin takes a small break when you're done preparing the tea.

“How far along have you gotten?” You ask.
“I've done a lot, but it's hard to say. Probably will be here for at least an hour or so more.” She picks up her cup, “I see that you used my best tea stock.”
“Oh, really? I didn't know, sorry. I just took what was near the kettle over there.”
“Quite alright. I don't mind.” She smiles before slurping a bit of the tea. “I am enjoying it after all.”
“It really is good.” You admit after trying some yourself – the tea has a distinct body to it that's strong but not overwhelming.
“I think that you've helped me out quite a bit tonight, but there's something else that I need to ask of you.” Eirin changes the subject with a somewhat reluctant voice. “It'll be last thing for now. If you did it, it would allow me to turn in rather sooner than I originally expected.”
“If I can help, I'll be glad to. I already said as much.” You're here, and going for the whole package.
“Thank you. Luckily, it's not very difficult, just time-consuming. Undonge should be currently keeping watch over our new guest. She'll be there for several hours more. And I suspect she might be hungry. I want you to please give her some food.”
“That's not a problem at all. I'd be glad to.” Doesn't sound too bad.
“I was planning on making something myself, but if you could do that instead I'd be very grateful.”
“So I should cook something for her?”
“Yes. I don't think a heavy meal is in order, due to the time, but something a bit filling might be good in order to keep her energized.”
“Ok then. I'll go to it then.”

The favor took around half an hour to complete – most of that time was spent in the kitchen, with you trying to decide what the best thing to make would be. You try to match Reisen's tastes, from what you know about them. For practicality's sake, you go with sandwiches. It's not a hot meal, but the sandwiches still look appetizing;of There wasn't a need to cook anything beyond a boiled egg. You put the sandwiches on a tray and take the food to Reisen.

You knock on the door, it's an out-of-place swinging door with a lock. You wait until Reisen opens the door before telling her about the food. “Eirin said you're probably hungry, so I made you some sandwiches.”
“Thank you.” She looks more surprised at you than anything. “I'll just leave them here and eat them in a bit.” She places the tray on a chair that's been brought in since the last time you were here.
“How's it going? Any sign of trouble?”
“Not really. She's been sleeping for a while now. Ever since I started watching.” That would probably be on account of the sedatives that Eirin administered.
“Well, I'm glad that everything is under control. How much longer are you going to be keeping watch?”
“Not that much longer – an hour or two at most. Eirin said that she would organize it so that the rabbits would help keeping this room watched around the clock.”
“Sounds good then.”
“You should go to sleep. It's late, you know.”
“I'll be fine.” You state. “I can easily stay up late a couple nights a week without anything bad happening.”
“If you say so... I just hope that you have enough energy when you need some.”
“I think I will.” There's not much on your schedule. So it's okay to be a bit sluggish. “Don't worry about it.”
“Okay then.” She might have wanted to say anything else, but she didn't vocalize it, instead deciding to continue her observation of the other room.

You took this as your cue to leave.

Eirin has finished whatever 'serious' work she was doing by the time you get back. She's drinking some more tea while she stares blankly outside her window. “How did you do? Did you manage to make something for her.”
“Yeah, I took care of it.”
“That's good.” She focuses her gaze on you, pivoting her head slowly. “I'm grateful for your help tonight.”
“There's nothing else that you have to do?”
“Oh yes, always. But I think now is a good moment to stop. I can't let my life be ruled by never-ending amounts of work. It will be dawn in just a few short hours.”
“Resting wouldn't be a bad idea.” You yawn, no longer being able to hide just how tired you feel. It has been a long time since you last slept. You check the PDA – It's past 4 in the morning.

The lights in the clinic are shut off and notes put away. Eirin closes the clinic, and talks to you just before parting ways, “I have to thank you again for helping me. Although it may seem a bit pointless to you, it was beneficial to me.”
“It's not pointless to help if possible.” That's become something of your unofficial motto by now. Not exactly something that you would have accepted at face value before coming here, that's for sure.
“That healthy attitude is quite something. Good night, we'll see each other in the morning I suppose.”
“Good night.”

You walk back towards you own room, yawning. Despite it being so late, you appreciate the fact that you have the time to do whatever you could want without many of the anxieties that have been plaguing you as of late. Sure, the future is relatively undefined, but at least you know that you'll be here no matter what. And that brings you great comfort. You slide your door open and empty out your pockets; You stare absentmindedly at your PDA, spacing out. Might as well lie down now.

That's a nice feeling. So warm and wholesome. It's like you're completely safe. There's that music as well. The one you're intimately familiar with. Yes, you know this. It's been a while, but this hauntingly beautiful melody makes you feel all nostalgic for those bygone days. Yes you can picture them right now, as if you were still there.

[] They were times of tranquility and an almost permanent stasis
[] Those times were busy, and full of responsibilities
[] Even though you were a mere spectator, just being there felt good enough

---
Stuff now. But free later = faster updates, so rejoice (if you care).
>> No. 16317
[!/] They were times of tranquility and an almost permanent stasis
>> No. 16318
[X] Those times were busy, and full of responsibilities

Seems like it's becoming second nature for Shirou to often be preoccupied depending where he is.

- - -

Side note: please don't add stuff like you just did at the end of the post any more. It was all well and good till it soured (for this anon at least) because of that bit.

Give more time for the others to catch up and get a chance to read it, anon has to be patient as well if anon wishes for quality.
>> No. 16320
[] They were times of tranquility and an almost permanent stasis
>> No. 16322
[x] Those times were busy, and full of responsibilities

Permanent stasis is boring.
>> No. 16323
[X] They were times of tranquility and an almost permanent stasis

In stark contrast to the never-ending chaos that is to come.
>> No. 16324
[X] Those times were busy, and full of responsibilities
>> No. 16325
[X] Those times were busy, and full of responsibilities

Hopefully there will be much rejoicing.
>> No. 16327
[X] They were times of tranquility and an almost permanent stasis

i thought shirou had a very boring life... well, lets hope not anymore
>> No. 16328
>>16316
>It's been a while, but this hauntingly beautiful melody makes you feel all nostalgic for those bygone days. Yes you can picture them right now, as if you were still there.

Something about this gives me the impression that we're channeling something other than our personal history. 'Bygone' is not a term a relatively young guy uses when reflecting on his past. To me, it seems like a chance to peek in on the perspective of one of the former lunar residents. Tranquility and stasis is easily Kaguya, the industrious little worker is probably Reisen, and the role of observer suits Eirin well. That said...

[X] They were times of tranquility and an almost permanent stasis

I [heart] Kaguya. In b4 I'm totally misinterpreting the situation.
>> No. 16329
>>16328 I thought that was a hint at it as well... Just seems to fit nicely...

With that in mind...

[X] Those times were busy, and full of responsibilities.
>> No. 16332
Alright, I need a tie breaker vote or two before I can write.

>>16318
Sorry? I'm not sure I follow. The bit at the end of the update was just a shortened for of saying that I would be free to write for a relatively long while after I unbusied myself. It's in short form because I had run out of characters for posting and was too lazy to create a small subsequent post (this is also why the '[x]' choice is omitted from the update). Or perhaps do you mean the whining that I've taken occasion to show as of late (previous posts)? If you mean that, I apologize for souring it for you, and realize that it can be detracting from your enjoyment, but it doesn't change how I've felt for a while now. I also realize that stating it won't solve anything, since my problems aren't with my current readers mostly, and again I apologize about that. But it's frustrating and I'm only human.
>> No. 16335
>>16332

Fair enough, Been kinda punchy myself and I don't usually make it a huge deal on something such as some minor venting.
>> No. 16336
[+] Those times were busy, and full of responsibilities
>> No. 16339
[x] They were times of tranquility and an almost permanent stasis

A time of responsibilities would be a time before Eientei, since we haven't had much to do until now.
>> No. 16340
[x] Those times were busy, and full of responsibilities

Again in the council room past hours. Even though everyone else had left hours ago, there she was. The guards on the night shift would see the blue light coming from the domed glass top of the structure and know who it was without checking. Any normal person would be called eccentric, or at worst, totally addicted to doing work. Yet everyone, from the common citizen to the other exalted council members, would praise her for her diligence and dedication. To them it was normal that she would work so hard, doing things that they themselves would rarely consider.

Everyone expected her to do so, really.

Sitting with proper posture even though no one was around, there she was, scribbling notes down furiously in between stacks of reference material. Even this late at night she still wore her formal attire, the elaborate dress looking strangely colored under the bluish light. Her face was always blank and serious; her close associates would joke at times that she would be better suited to live like a monk, meditating perpetually, rather than a woman of knowledge.

The lofty and imposing room would eventually be abandoned in the small hours of night and she would usually return straight to her home.

...And yet, despite staying awake for most of the night, she would wake up and get ready before most of the rest of the council.

Her responsibilities varied, depending on the day, and along with the meetings and debates about policy, there would also be time dedicated to other enterprises. Leading the informal group that regularly traveled to the Earth was one of them. But it wasn't always this dry and boring, some of the labor was done with a more prominent display of warmth and humanity. The tutoring fell into that category of responsibility. The softer teacher personality would emerge when around her charges and would be a radical departure from the expressionless sage that all were accustomed to. It was a duality of character particular to her, and like everything she did conferred even more veneration and respect upon her.

Anyone could see her value in society, and they respected her for it. Someone who could be trusted with both access to the archives and the vault could surely do no harm. Even small quirks like taking a few days off every week to retreat out of the public eye were seen as endearing traits.

Undoubtedly they were busy times for her, full of responsibilities. But having created that life herself to begin with, they were almost assuredly happy times as well.

You're not alone when you wake up. There are soft, warm, and cuddly critters all around. You rub your eyes with your hand as you look around and see that you've become some sort of rabbit magnet. It's a bit unexpected to wake up surrounded by fluff, but it's anything but bad when compared to other times you've woken up.

You have to shift around carefully in order not to disturb the fluffy host, and you wriggle until you're free of your bunny companions.

You let out a yawn. It feels like you've slept forever. To your surprise you find that you've slept well into the afternoon. No one came to wake you up, so you assume that nothing else has happened since last night. As you let out another yawn and close the door to your room you think about that dream that you had.

It was definitely about Eirin, that much you know. You saw her doing things dressed completely differently, and with a different hairstyle to boot – but it was definitely her. She looked at ease doing whatever it was she was doing, in fact, it seemed like the whole universe was revolving around her. Then again, it was a dream, so it's natural that something like that would happen.

It would be nice to see her dressed like that, you think. You've seen Kaguya dressed up in Mokou's clothes, Reisen in a variety of getups, so its only fair that she be next. If it's going to be a recurring theme in your life, you think, you should at least enjoy it to the fullest. Oh wait, what were you thinking? As you splash your face in cold water you remember that just yesterday you saw her dressed up differently.

Still feeling groggy from too much sleep, it takes you a while to center yourself. Images of a vast palace with elegant arches and columns and matched discussion chambers are all that you can think of. Not just that, actually, there's also the contrastingly more modest living area, but even that is single-handedly canceled out by that vast archive building. There daily comings and goings and the vast amount of things that went on with Eirin.

These images only go away when your senses are rooted enough in the present to notice your hunger. More specifically, how there's a nice aroma stimulating your stomach with gusto. This leads you to the kitchen, and you find several pots and pans with food in them.

“So you're finally here.” Reisen greets you with arms akimbo. “I had almost given up on you coming for lunch.”
“Sorry about that, I slept longer than I intended to.” It's nice to know that even though it's nearly 3 in the afternoon, she kept food out for you.
“I sent rabbits to wake you up hours ago. Did they not try to wake up?”
“I think they found what I was doing to be a better idea.” You shrug and look into a nearby pot. “So... what's for lunch?”

After eating your share of delicious food, you think about what to do.

“There's a message I have to pass on to you.” Reisen says. “Lady Kaguya wanted to speak to you, but she felt it wasn't that important to wake you up for it.”
“Oh, alright. I'll go see her now then. Thank you.”
“She emphasized that there was no rush though. In fact, she told me to tell you that she'd like you to go to the clinic if possible first.”
“...ok? How come? Does Eirin want to see me?”
“Maybe. I'm not too sure.” Reisen thinks about it. “It's all she told me to say.”
“Well, fine. Why do I get the feeling that I'm being made to take things slowly on purpose?”
“Because you're probably right about that.” Reisen smiles. She teases, “Lunarians like to set their own rhythm whenever possible, just for their own sakes.”
“A charming habit of theirs.” You sigh, not entirely sure just how deep into the rabbit hole you've gone.

[] Go to the Clinic as told
[] Ignore the instructions and go see Kaguya regardless
[] Change of plans: just take it easy
>> No. 16342
[x] Ignore the instructions and go see Kaguya regardless

Stop procrastinating Kaguya
>> No. 16343
>>16340
[X] Ask Reisen if everything is still alright with their new guest.
[X] Go to the Clinic as told.

>>16328
>It was definitely about Eirin, that much you know.
Misinterpreted, or were they all different aspects of the same person?

>If it's going to be a recurring theme in your life, you think, you should at least enjoy it to the fullest. Oh wait, what were you thinking? As you splash your face in cold water you remember that just yesterday you saw her dressed up differently.
A tiny little paranthetical is easy to gloss over for anon, but that's something odd for Shirou to get confused about.
>> No. 16344
[X] Go to the clinic as told.
>> No. 16346
[X] Go to the Clinic as told

>>A tiny little paranthetical is easy to gloss over for anon, but that's something odd for Shirou to get confused about.

Confused about what? Eirin was dressed differently, during the lesson on table manners, remember?
>> No. 16347
[X] Go to the Clinic as told
>> No. 16348
[+] Go to the Clinic as told
In before the open surgery biopsy.
>> No. 16349
[X] Ask Reisen if everything is still alright with their new guest .
[X] Go to the Clinic as told.
>> No. 16350
[X] Ask Reisen if everything is still alright with their new guest .
[X] Go to the Clinic as told.
>>16346
at first i was like "wat? when?"
then i "OOOOOOOOHH... shekushy duressu..."'d
>> No. 16351
[X] Go to the Clinic as told.

Curiously when did we start caring about the well being of an intruder, especially one seemingly with intentions of assassination/destruction..?
>> No. 16352
>>Curiously when did we start caring about the well being of an intruder, especially one seemingly with intentions of assassination/destruction..?

Is it concern for the intruder's well-being, or concern anyone who would be at risk if she managed to escape?
I do think that if someone were being locked-up in the very place they had attacked and blown up a part of, I would be VERY interested in making sure they stay that way.

Then again, I wonder if they really are aiming for assassinating anyone. From the sound of things, Kaguya is at the center of this, and yet her being the target of an assassination just seems rather stupid, especially if the perpetrators are indeed from the moon.
Kaguya's immortal. They should KNOW this.

So, really, assassination isn't a likely objective, here. If they were going after Eirin and/or Reisen, a traitor and a deserter, respectively, then that might make sense, but if it's Kaguya they're after then it would have to be something else.

But I digress. The point is, they might not be asking about the new-moon-bunny out of interest in her well-being, so much as just wanting to make sure she's still confined out of concern for everyone else's well-being. And our own, natch.
>> No. 16353
>>16340
[X] Ask Reisen if everything is still alright with their new guest.
[X] Go to the Clinic as told.

Engaging Reisen in informed and potentially enlightening small talk while gently hopping on the railroad to Kaguya? Yes please.

If it weren't for our late start, I'd pitch for whipping up some sandwiches for Eirin and Kaguya before we leave the kitchen, but showing up with such items after a meal doesn't sound reasonable at all.
>> No. 16354
Alright. Writing now. Sorry about that, but I fell asleep before there were enough votes.
>> No. 16355
File 124427498411.jpg- (94.24KB , 400x400 , yss.jpg ) [iqdb]
16355
[X] Ask Reisen if everything is still alright with their new guest.
[X] Go to the Clinic as told.

Before you go, you ask Reisen some questions.

“How is that girl doing? Everything still alright concerning her?”
“She's fine.” Reisen gets your meaning at once. “She hasn't left the bed all day and we've been keeping watch over her continuously.”
“You mean the rabbits are, right?”
“Yes. Although I'm due to do a shift later today as well.”
“So its under control?” You remember all the smoke and chaos and wonder if it'll be alright.
“Why wouldn't it be? If Master says that this is good enough, then it's probably good enough.”

You let the conversation drag on out of curiosity. “So, do you know her or why she's here?”
“Eh, no. I'm sorry, but I don't know every single lunar rabbit out there.” She says almost apologetically. “And she hasn't told us anything, as far as I know, so I don't know what she wants with us either.”
“You don't have any gut feelings about what this is about either?”
“It could be about many different things.” She looks a bit worried to you, so you think that she does know, or at least have her own theory. “It's not like it matters enough to guess, so don't worry.”
“Well, I am worried.” You admit. “It's not every day that something causes Kaguya to act upset and Eirin to immerse herself in work even further.” Well, it might be, having only been here several weeks you admit to yourself it could be more common than you imagine. But that possibility is one that you feel just isn't right, given the circumstances.
“It's good that you worry, but don't let yourself get too anguished. Everything will be alright.”
“And how do you figure that?”
“Well,” Reisen states simply, “Master will take care of it. I'm sure she will and whatever problems were around will disappear.”
“I wish I had that sort of faith.”
“It's not just happy-thinking, just so you know. It's always like that. If there's a problem around, there isn't anything that she can't fix. So if you just trust in her, everything will be okay.”

Her deep confidence in Eirin answered any other questions that you could have thought of, so you took that as your cue to stop dawdling and go to the clinic.

Eirin is writing something in a journal when you come in, but she pays you her full and undivided attention almost immediately. “You're tardy.” She begins. “But you're here, and that's all that matters at this stage, we're hardly pressed for time. Just keep in mind that punctuality is a virtue.”
“Sorry, I overslept.”
“That's alright, I'm not cross with you.” She assures you. “Considering that you stayed up to help me last night, it's easy to overlook.” She jokes with a slight smirk, “I just have a deeply-ingrained habit of lecturing that I can't shake off it seems.”
“So there was a message from Kaguya telling me to come here.”
“A message?” Eirin has a hint of disappointment in her voice.
“Is something wrong with that?”
“No, not much.” She shakes her head. “I just thought that she was going to do it personally. Tell you to come here, that is. After our meeting we decided to have you come here. It would explain as to why it took you so long.”
“Tell me personally? Is this important then?”
“As important as any administrative function could be.”
“But you had a meeting, does that mean that you've decided on something?”
“Just two simple things, nothing grand and decisive I'm afraid...”

Eirin speaks, telling you of some detail that you don't quite care to understand. Your mind is wandering; Seeing Eirin in the flesh has triggered those images that you saw in your dreams. It's not a big stretch of your imagination to see her dressed in those white ornate robes and have her long silver hair undone and flowing free and proudly behind her. There was a mark on her chest as well, now that you think about it, a brooch or a similar piece of jewelery where the seams of the fabric joined at her bosom. As she is now, she looks so out of place without the complex red and blue patterns on the sigil. She wore it with a sense of stoic pride in your dream, and you can't imagine why she wouldn't have it on right now.

Perhaps it was lost one day as she walked down the vast arched corridors and into the gardens. It could have also been misplaced somewhere in her home, there were after all books and other assorted clutter everywhere. Anything lost there would tend to remain lost, you think. Oh, you hadn't thought about this, but what if she had left it to one of her pupils. A keepsake to a promising and talented disciple. That gives it a romantic touch, something which would be undeniably sentimental of Eirin. But not altogether unwanted.

“...Do you understand?” Eirin's soft voice asks.
“Perfectly.”
“Are you sure?”
“Pretty much.”
“Then you really don't mind if we declare you Grand Vizier of the court and betroth you to Undonge? You'll be expected to produce several heirs almost immediately, so you should waste no time.”
“That sounds lovely. I have no problem with that. I'll get to it at once.”

A sharp pain originates from the right side of your face.

“Ow! That hurts!”
“So you're not completely lost to us.” Eirin says flatly as she lets go of your ear. She crosses her arms and looks at you disapprovingly.
“What are you talking about?!”
“It's extremely rude to let your thoughts wander when someone is talking to you. Doubly so when it's something directly concerning you.”
“I'm sorry about that.” You rub your smarting ear with one hand and wipe away a nascent tear with the other.
“I trust it won't happen again then? I doubt there's anything more important than this. After all, it's related to what you yourself wanted.” She raises an eyebrow inquisitively.

[] Focus on what Eirin has to say
[] Tell her about the dream you had
>> No. 16356
[X] Focus on what Eirin has to say.
>> No. 16357
[x] Focus on what Eirin has to say.
>> No. 16359
[x] Tell her about the dream you had

It's just so Shirou
>> No. 16361
[X] Tell her about the dream you had
>> No. 16362
[X] Focus on what Eirin has to say.

Oh fuck, i really did miss your story Teruyo.
MORE UPDATES MORE UPDATES
>> No. 16363
[X] Focus on what Eirin has to say

Though, really, that whole "become a Grand Vizier, betrothed to Reisen, and start makin' babies" plan really didn't sound so bad.
>> No. 16364
[X] Focus on what Eirin has to say.
>> No. 16367
>>16355
[X] Tell her about the dream you had
Probably an apology in there as a segue into our Freudian dream analysis.

>“I trust it won't happen again then? I doubt there's anything more important than this. After all, it's related to what you yourself wanted.” She raises an eyebrow inquisitively.

Seems like she's asking why we spaced out with the whole 'eyebrow' thing. Not necessarily important per se (particularly in comparison to the present situation), but it does seem quite odd to experience a dream so vivid as to merit complete and utter distraction in the presence of Eirin of all people. I'd also prefer to give a reason for Shirou's absentmindedness rather than let Eirin suspect he's becoming negligent of the situation. Granted, "I dreamt of you" is kinda creepy, but it's a unique (I think) occurrence so far and could mean something. If anyone is going to have some reasonable insight into this, it's the experienced physician. Might be a case of having our cake and eating it too, but there's no reason she can't tell us what is so important afterword. Unless, of course, the dream really does have some significance.

I'm also quite curious as to how accurate it was.
>> No. 16368
[+] Tell her about the dream you had

>>16359
I can't argue with logic like that.
>> No. 16369
Well, writing now before I get too lazy again.
>> No. 16371
File 124432677399.jpg- (16.57KB , 320x398 , stuff of dreams.jpg ) [iqdb]
16371
[x] Focus on what Eirin has to say

“It won't.” You promise and try to clear your mind of the vivid still-lingering images from your dream. It's not nearly as easy as you thought as it would be, but you attempt to concentrate on Eirin's voice.
“Very well. I do not wish to repeat myself too much, so I'll just run you through the abridged version.” Eirin returns to her seat, eying you as she speaks, making sure that you're listening. “The princess and I had a meeting today, during which we discussed some of the preliminary data that I collated last night. While there's no final commitment to any course of action as of yet, there's enough justification to continue preparations for most eventualities.”

You feel that there's a strange emphasis on the word 'most'. There's no change in her body language, so you almost immediately shrug it off as a misinterpretation on your part. You've shut out some of the external world by focusing solely on her. So it wouldn't be a surprise if you started overcompensating for the sensory shift by creating false stimuli. That's a strange thought to have, now that you think about it...

“...that much is clear.” Crap, you lost focus there again momentarily. Luckily, Eirin didn't notice this time. “She apparently wants to speak to you after this as well.” There's a tone of amusement in her words. “For your sake, I do hope it's constructive.” She reverts to a more business-like voice, “There are some things that I should give to you now however.”
“Give?”
“Yes. Hopefully you'll abstain from daydreaming long enough to listen to why we're giving these things to you.” There's a smirk on her face as she reaches into her desk and produces two objects. “The first,” She holds up a small box as big as one of her fingers in the palm of her hand, “is connected to the internal security grid here. Press the button, and we'll be alerted that something is wrong.”
“So it's an alarm?” You receive the first item from her.
“Basically. It's only for the remote possibility that you spot something dangerous or out of the ordinary that the other residents have missed. The chances that myself, Udonge, or anyone else might not catch something before you do are astronomically low. But the princess suggested that we be thorough, so I am complying with her wishes.”

She then reveals the second item, a flat metallic discus even smaller than the box.

“You may recognize this device from when I last showed it to you.”
“You said that it was an energy converter of sort, right?”
“Ah, so my explanations aren't completely wasted on you.” She smiles with no hint of sarcasm on her face. “I'm glad. You're correct that it's an energy converter. More specifically, it uses ambient energy, mostly in the form of heat, and changes it into something a little more useful. If there is any electrical device you need momentarily powered, this would be an adequate temporary source. Of course, the device has other uses, but I predict that you will never use this function, let alone need others.”
“Wouldn't it be best if I knew all the applications, just in case?”
“I'd humor you, but really, unless you're going to design a projectile deflecting system on the fly, there's nothing else I have to say about it. This was the princess' idea, so ask her why she wanted you to carry it.”
“Is that it?”
“Yes. That would be it. At least as far as the allocation of items go.”
“Then there's something else?”
“Yes. As you may have noticed, there's a need to keep the new arrival under watch around the clock. As of now, it's being nominally taken care of by Udonge and a rotating shift of rabbits.” You nod. “I trust Udonge with this, and believe that she's able to keep adequate watch. However, I think that until that we can ascertain the nature of all the missing values in this equation we shouldn't be lax. I need people with more understanding of the situation to keep track of the situation. And since Udonge can only be expected to work for a certain amount of hours, I would like you to help out.”
“In keeping watch?”
“Yes, take up a several-hour shift and see that nothing odd goes on.”
“I don't think I'm the best person for the job.” You level with her. “I can keep watch alright, but in case something goes on I wouldn't know how to react. It's not like I have any special skills in restraining people or anything like that.”
“I don't expect you to. There's always a chance that some altercation might occur. Even with Udongein. No one is perfect. What's expected of you is to alert the rest of us to any developments. That's it.”
“...I guess I could do that.”
“Sort out the details with Udonge later.”

After that, she urges you to leave the clinic, claiming that she still has an eternity's worth of work to do, and only so much time. That suits you fine, having purged your mind of all thoughts regarding Eirin and her unbraided hair and long, flowing robes, well, almost all thoughts concerning those, you are eager to go and meet with Kaguya.

You knock on her door and step on inside without waiting for a reply.

That probably wasn't the best of ideas you've ever had.

You catch Kaguya fastening her dress, doing up her last few buttons.

“Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to, uh, walk in on you.”
“Always wait for a reply, you idiot.” Kaguya reprimands you but doesn't look very upset. Probably because there was no way you could have seen anything. “It's not proper for you to just barge into my room however you please.”
“I won't repeat the same mistake in the future.” You apologize again, but with a stupid smile on your face. You don't quite understand why you're smiling, it just feels right.
“Right. Whatever. So are you done with Eirin?”

Kaguya takes a seat in her usual place, inviting you to sit opposite her just as always. “Tea?” She offers you some from the pot that she always has lying around.
“No, it's alright.”
“Alright.” She doesn't pour any for herself either.
“So did Eirin give you the things I asked her to.”
“An alarm trigger and a energy thing. Sure.”
“Right, that's sorted out then.”
“...sorted out? I'm not quite sure why I need them. Eirin seemed to also think the same thing.”
“Did she now?” She sighs. “Look, it's just to make your life here easier. Better safe than sorry, you know.”
“So, it's really a 'just because' measure. Not because you envision me actually using these for a very specific purpose?”
“That's right. There's no master plan. I just thought that these things could be useful in a pinch. So I gave them to you. Nothing more, nothing less.”
“I'll keep them on me then.”
“That would be the idea.”



While it's not really awkwardness, in the sense that you feel uncomfortable, you don't really know what to say now. Asking Kaguya about what's going on seems like a no-brainier, but somehow, you don't want to bring it up if she doesn't first. Otherwise it feels like you're pressuring her. That's the reason you haven't asked when you've had the chance, like last night.

Still, you make a promise to yourself that you won't leave this room before she tells you what's up. Whether you force it out of her or she seizes the initiative is up to her.

[] Ask Kaguya directly about what's going on
[] Inquire about what she thinks about the new moon rabbit
[] Talk to her about that dream you had
[] Other/Write-in
>> No. 16372
[x] Ask Kaguya directly about what's going on

Teruyo delivers yet again
>> No. 16373
[X] Ask Kaguya directly about what's going on.

Delicious updates. Let's see if we get some answers.
>> No. 16374
File 12443342374.jpg- (207.15KB , 1024x768 , 1243391728749.jpg ) [iqdb]
16374
[!/] Ask Kaguya directly about what's going on.

Delicious plot circles.
>> No. 16376
[X] Custom - "Considering the chances of me ever needing the items, maybe it's best that I've had some things clarified; at the very least it could help me get a better idea in how to use the items and react appropriately whenever something should happen.

Wouldn't you agree bud-... My dearest friend?"



Just thought I'd try...
>> No. 16377
[X] Talk to her about that dream you had
>> No. 16378
File 124433520221.jpg- (369.65KB , 600x849 , 77ccc80d5e26eae685aa41ebbf131764405ba73b.jpg ) [iqdb]
16378
[+] Ask Kaguya directly about what's going on.

Walk in on Kaguya, receive death penalty.
And if she comments on having expected Eirin to explain things to us, hang a lampshade.
>> No. 16381
That's it for me for now. Off to rest for a while. Be back in half a day tops. Updates were solely determined by the speed of voting, so the pace is only as good as you wanted it to be. Which is to say, not very good unfortunately.

Also, I'll go with four votes for this one if I have to, but don't feel forced to pad votes if you think you've got a better alternative. Either of us can combine things if they're appropiate. What wins will win, regardless.
>> No. 16406
File 12444905392.png- (341.12KB , 600x700 , klwsh.png ) [iqdb]
16406
Let's try this one more time.
-
[x] Ask Kaguya directly about what's going on

“Alright.” You decide. “You know, I'm not that big fan of protracted mysteries.”
“That's a lie and you know it.” Your buddy retorts.
“No, really. I can't stand not knowing any more.”
“Explain your love for those sound novels then.” She looks at you with an uncompromisingly confident look. She's calling you out on your claim. “...Or were you just pretending to like them whenever we discussed them?” She clenches her fist. “I'd be really upset at you if you lied about that. You could have just told me that you didn't like them...”
“And make you feel like you were the only one to like them?” You shake your head. “That would be cold buddy.”
“Then you admit it?”
“I admit nothing. I love those mystery stories. I'm still convinced that it's all B...”
“Wait, then what the heck are you talking about?”
“Oh right. Sorry.” You come back to the main point. “I wasn't talking about those mysteries. I was talking about the perpetual mystery story that I've been part of for a while.” You look her in the eyes, not flinching. “I want to know once and for all what's going on.”

There, you said it. You won't let her get away this time. It's only fair you think.

There's a change in attitude with her. “Oh that.” She says, slumping her shoulders slightly. With her right index finger she begins to softly tap the table and looks to be gathering her thoughts. “Hmm...” She closes her eyes and bites a corner of her lip. You watch her lips quiver, and wait anxiously for her reply. She opens her eyes, “It's not that complicated really, I think. It's just weird.”

“Regardless if it's weird or not, I want to know. We're in this together after all.”
“Yes... together.” Her eyes focus and her expression hardens slightly. “Alright then. I'll be as concise as possible, otherwise I'm liable to rant.” You nod. “As you've probably figured out, this is a problem that has to do with the moon.” She smiles. “I guess anyone would have figured that out by now, huh? With that girl appearing and all that.”

You nod again, but silently and politely tell her to get on with it.

“Ah, yes. Well, the thing is that we're not sure why she's here. Eirin has a couple of theories, but she won't even share them with me. Some of them sure, but I've known her long enough that I know when she's not telling me something.” She moves her shoulders lazily, shrugging, “There's trouble on the moon. A lot has been going on lately. Humans have been getting bolder, not just them – of course, apparently a lot of Lunarians have been getting the wrong ideas as well.” She leans forward to whisper something, “The moon is in chaos. Reisen says that there are different factions that want to do different things, and they're all pulling in different directions.”

She stops in mid-explanation and gets up. You watch as she goes into her sleeping chamber and comes back, holding what seems like a small potted tree.

“This.” She sets the plant on the table directly in front of you. “This is what's one of the main problems.”
“A bonsai?”
“Not this one in particular. This is just a small one. I tend to this one. It's an Udonge and there's normal-sized ones in the lunar capital. It shares the name of a legendary plant here on Earth, but it's another thing.” You look at the barren tree, not sure what to make of it.
“It doesn't look very alive.”
“I assure you it is. Given time, it'll blossom – it'll be a seven-colored jewel.”
“A jewel from a tree?”
“I'm sure it's not something you hear of every day, but trust me, it will happen.”
“If you say so. So what's the deal with them then?”
“They only blossom when exposed to Earth's corruption. All the impurities that are found in this world; Especially the tendency things have to break and decay. What's happened on the moon is that all of a sudden, a lot of these trees have come into bloom.”
“I take it that somehow that's bad?”
“Immensely bad. You recall that I was exiled for being impure, right? Then picture what would happen if essentially impurity appeared everywhere on the moon.” Even though she's trying to be serious, you detect a snicker that accompanies her words. “They're panicking and not sure what to do.”
“So... how does this relate to you?”
“We're not completely sure about that. But undoubtedly there are going to be some people that blame me or Eirin for this, or even Reisen. We're, after all a bunch of traitors and exiles.”
“That's... harsh.”
“We lunarians are very cruel. This is why I wanted you to go away. They don't have a problem with condemning whole nations to warfare, or tempting humans with false promises, so if they do think that we've done something wrong they might...” She correct herself, “no, I know they won't have any mercy. I don't think we can get along anymore.”
“Kaguya...” You feel like holding your buddy now. It's just not right, she might look only slightly upset, but you feel much muted sorrow that she's trying not to show.
“It'll be alright though. I've decided that I won't let all this affect my life anymore.” There's a crooked grin on her face. “I'll protect you too from then.”
“Hey, I appreciate the sentiment, but aren't you getting carried away?”
“What do you mean?”
“I'm supposed to protect you, I'm the guy.”
“Oh shut up. Stop it with your silly values. You're ruining the moment.”

You then assure Kaguya that you'll help her out, no matter how things may turn out. She thanks you, and tells you a bit more of what she's thinking. “Hopefully things will all work out in the end, ideally the moon won't care about me anymore. I have the feeling that that girl might be the best way to confirm whether or not we're in the clear. I wish this whole business would just go away.” She sighs. “So then, now that I've told you all this, what do you think? I think I covered everything that I should have...”

[] Write-in
>> No. 16407
Well then.

...I have absolutely no idea what we should do now.
>> No. 16408
>>16406
Mystery novels and Shirou? this could never possibly end well, if at all.

[+] Mention Eirin asked you to assist guarding the intruder
[+] "Any insight as to what may happen next?"
Eh. Starting the ball rolling.
>> No. 16409
[!/] Inquire on how the Moon stays pure normally.

Fuck. I don't know. Either that or ask if her tree will blossom outside of Eientei.
>> No. 16410
No clue either. I will vote in force later if a brilliant anon comes forth with a plan. But if worst comes to worst we should combine the options already present.
>> No. 16411
hmmmmmmm
We need a write in Anon here.
>> No. 16412
>>16406
[X] "Considering all the kindness and hospitality you and everyone else here has shown me, I think the moon would be better off with a little 'corruption'"

Compliment Kaguya and the other lunar refugees, off-handed snipe at the moon, try to lighten the mood... if Shirou can come off as more sincere than sarcastic.
>> No. 16413
[X] "Considering all the kindness and hospitality you and everyone else here has shown me, I think the moon would be better off with a little 'corruption'"
>> No. 16414
Great, now I'm imagining Shirou obtaining a PED suit and traveling back to the outside to track down the source of corruption, building himself functional battle armor along the way. Thanks Teruyo.

Anyways, I'm not so sure about that write in. Something about it just rubs me the wrong way.

I'm quite curious about what the humans have done to bring the Earth's corruption moonside, what some of those 'wrong ideas' are, and what the lunarians are capable of combat-wise.
Cause I am quite certain that Shirou's going to get roped into this even further than he is now, and having some idea of how hard he needs to work to be more than a liability in battle would be nice.
>> No. 16415
okay, here goes nothin

[x] "i... im still trying to digest the fact that an alien power might be coming to rip our happines anytime now, but i have complete trust in that you and Eirin are doing their best so they don't catch us snoozing."
[x] hug time! because it's about damn time!
[x] Mention Eirin asked you to assist guarding the intruder, then offer to go stand guard or do something else useful like bringing tea and biscuits.
>> No. 16417
Sort things out. A write-in doesn't have to be complicated to be good. And sometimes it just takes a bit of tweaking to make something else better. It's not like I mind as long as it isn't outright moronic and destructive, so don't be afraid to write something as specific as you want it to be instead of waiting on the fence.

If I can't start updating faster, I'm going to outright give up. Hours and hours of absolute nothing just aren't working out.

> I'm imagining Shirou obtaining a PED suit and traveling back to the outside to track down the source of corruption, building himself functional battle armor along the way.

Now that's just silly. The formula for that sort of story involves losing all of the upgrades in the beginning, thus implying that Shirou is a skilled character of good renown.

As for the rest, if you want to know, all you have to do is ask. It's a write-in for a reason.

Well, in any case, not going to be writing until after I sleep so you have at least that long.
>> No. 16419
I'm half tempted to make a dig on Kaguya based on the whole “We lunarians are very cruel" thing. Yes they certainly are: constantly being left uninformed because they deem it 'unimportant' at the time, or being volleyed between different parties with constant assurances that "I shouldn't be the one to tell you that" is starting to wear thin. They are displaying Kojima levels of obfuscation with teasing leading to teasing leading to teasing ad nauseum. Anyway, I'm appending some things to >>16412 because >>16414 raises some valid points (while failing to contribute anything substantial to the situation, though) and the way Kaguya trails off with
>“So then, now that I've told you all this, what do you think? I think I covered everything that I should have...”
lends itself to further inquiry. In no particular order...

[X] "Considering the conditions, how long does it take for an Udonge to bloom?"
[X] "Is it really only Earth's corruption they respond to? Unless the conspiracy theorists are right, Earthlings haven't been to the moon in about 40 years."
[X] "If Udonge are prone to blooming in the presence of impurities like 'breaking down' and 'decay,' could that mean somethings significant is happening on the moon? Are they trying to blame you while ignoring a potential problem? 'Ignoring the writing on the wall,' if you will?"
[X] "Why is a concept like 'decay' something really corrupt in their eyes? I know it's not really pleasant or pretty, but isn't it a pretty important step in the whole 'circle of life' thing?"
[X] "If these Udonge only bloom under exposure to impurities, are the seven-colored jewels that are the end result inherently corrupt?"

Things that occurred to me as I re-read a couple times and am genuinely curious about. Second to last one is probably a little rude considering the company, but I think the lunarian understanding of this would go a long way. I wager there are some things Kaguya can't/won't answer, but I'd like her input on some things.

Also; please don't stop Teruyo. Please?
>> No. 16420
[X] Ask why the moon would be so quick to place blame for their problems on a bunch of people who apparently want nothing to do with them in the first place? You wouldn't expect a highly-intelligent and advanced civilization to stoop to scapegoating, let alone so quickly.
[X] Ask her what will be done about the new "guest". Obviously she can't be held captive forever, but it's not like she can be released just like that, either, right?
Oh yes, and most importantly:
[X] Hug Kaguya

It might be good to thank her for finally getting this off her chest, but perhaps some things don't need to be said.
>> No. 16421
[X] "That answers a few things, but raises a few more questions."
[X] "Do you mind?"

If so:

[X] Ask about how Earth's corruption could reach the moon to begin with. Unless there really is a conspiracy, the last moon landing was decades ago, and only involved two Americans.
[X] Ask about the nature of the corruption. (If both Shirou and Kaguya have played Metroid Prime 3, have Shirou toss in a jibe about it)
[X] If there's still time afterwards, ask about these 'wrong ideas' and what the Lunarians are capable of. This way, you can gauge how much effort it will take before you can fight on your own.

>>16417
This could be Shirou's first mission you know, rather than his fifth.
>> No. 16422
>If I can't start updating faster, I'm going to outright give up. Hours and hours of absolute nothing just aren't working out.

Jesus Christ, i hope you don't think about quitting.
There may not be that many people as in the beginning here, but at least 10 people still read your story.
Come on, after YAF quit you are the only reason why i come here anyway.
>> No. 16423
>>16417
>>If I can't start updating faster, I'm going to outright give up.

what is this I don't even
>> No. 16424
>“We lunarians are very cruel. This is why I wanted you to go away. They don't have a problem with condemning whole nations to warfare, or tempting humans with false promises, so if they do think that we've done something wrong they might...” She correct herself, “no, I know they won't have any mercy. I don't think we can get along anymore.”

[x] "Let's assume lots of them probably have plans for you, and each one of them probably has their own agenda. But look at the big picture from an earthling perspective: At every level of power, shysters, schemers, criminals, and crooks, run our world, our nations, and they have been, since before even you were born--Caligula comes to mind in particular--but because they all have a different agenda, they undercut each other so it balances out. I call it the three stooges effect, all of them trying to get in the door at the same time."
[x] "And I won't let it affect my life either. Why should I care what someone on the moon is saying about me or the people I care about here? That's just, like, their opinion, man."
[x] Give her a big reassuring smile. Maybe even a thumbs up.
[x] "Don't worry: If there's anything that can match lunarian cruelty, it's the good, ol' fashioned terrestrial dumb luck. We have the full force of four billion years of guess & check at our back."
[x] "Oh, and nukes. Yeah. Like tens of thousands of them."
>> No. 16425
>Come on, after YAF quit you are the only reason why i come here anyway.

Nigga needs to spread his wings.
>> No. 16428
>>16424
[x] "Let's assume lots of them probably have plans for you, and each one of them probably has their own agenda. But look at the big picture from an earthling perspective: At every level of power, shysters, schemers, criminals, and crooks, run our world, our nations, and they have been, since before even you were born--Caligula comes to mind in particular--but because they all have a different agenda, they undercut each other so it balances out. I call it the three stooges effect, all of them trying to get in the door at the same time."
[x] "And I won't let it affect my life either. Why should I care what someone on the moon is saying about me or the people I care about here? That's just, like, their opinion, man."
[x] Give her a big reassuring smile. Maybe even a thumbs up.
[x] "Don't worry: If there's anything that can match lunarian cruelty, it's the good, ol' fashioned terrestrial dumb luck. We have the full force of four billion years of guess & check at our back."
[x] "Oh, and nukes. Yeah. Like tens of thousands of them."

I like this.
>> No. 16429
>>16424

[x] "Let's assume lots of them probably have plans for you, and each one of them probably has their own agenda. But look at the big picture from an earthling perspective: At every level of power, shysters, schemers, criminals, and crooks, run our world, our nations, and they have been, since before even you were born--Caligula comes to mind in particular--but because they all have a different agenda, they undercut each other so it balances out. I call it the three stooges effect, all of them trying to get in the door at the same time."
[x] "And I won't let it affect my life either. Why should I care what someone on the moon is saying about me or the people I care about here? That's just, like, their opinion, man."
[x] Give her a big reassuring smile. Maybe even a thumbs up.
[x] "Don't worry: If there's anything that can match lunarian cruelty, it's the good, ol' fashioned terrestrial dumb luck. We have the full force of four billion years of guess & check at our back."
[x] "Oh, and nukes. Yeah. Like tens of thousands of them."

There's a whole lot of things that can be asked or said...

However I like this.
>> No. 16431
[x] "Let's assume lots of them probably have plans for you, and each one of them probably has their own agenda. But look at the big picture from an earthling perspective: At every level of power, shysters, schemers, criminals, and crooks, run our world, our nations, and they have been, since before even you were born--Caligula comes to mind in particular--but because they all have a different agenda, they undercut each other so it balances out. I call it the three stooges effect, all of them trying to get in the door at the same time."
[x] "And I won't let it affect my life either. Why should I care what someone on the moon is saying about me or the people I care about here? That's just, like, their opinion, man."
[x] Give her a big reassuring smile. Maybe even a thumbs up.
[x] "Don't worry: If there's anything that can match lunarian cruelty, it's the good, ol' fashioned terrestrial dumb luck. We have the full force of four billion years of guess & check at our back."
[x] "Oh, and nukes. Yeah. Like tens of thousands of them."
>> No. 16432
>>but because they all have a different agenda, they undercut each other so it balances out.

But not so much that someone can't send some bunnies to blow stuff up there, apparently.

>>Why should I care what someone on the moon is saying about me or the people I care about here?

I would think it's not so much what people are saying as it is what they're DOING. You know, again with the whole "sending people to blow shit up in Eientei" thing.

>>Oh, and nukes. Yeah. Like tens of thousands of them.
But the Lunarians have Planck bombs, so yeah!

Besides that, something about Shirou giving a mini-lecture on the history of crooks and scumbags running things in general, let alone about decadent Roman emperors, seems a bit...off.
>> No. 16433
Alright there. I'm going to give anon a choice here:

You can have more time to discuss things and vote (or failing that having the current most popular write-in win), or I could intervene. I'll take only one good thing from each proposal (to keep it fair) and use that in the next update. The disadvantage to this is that I won't include all of the good things in each vote, just pieces. Not to mention that I feel there are several things that you've brought up but haven't included that might be good to include or at the very least discuss and consider.

The choice is yours, and I don't mind either way really.
>> No. 16434
>>16433
I'll take the Teruyo Intervention Write-in Combo Platter.
>> No. 16435
>>16433

Oh no! choices!
well what if instead of you making the current most popular write in win in case no conclusion is brought to this argument, you instead proceed with your proposed idea? i believe that to be considerably better.
>> No. 16436
>>16433
I think the best course would be to generally use the winning write-in as a follow up to some of the quetions posed before hand (stuff like >>16419, >>16420, and >>16421). Ask the questions, let Shirou digest, and follow-up with whatever you can characterize >>16424 as.
>> No. 16438
>>16433
Sounds like Deal or no Deal.... i am not sure what to take!
>> No. 16439
>>16438
Is it really all that difficult?
The choice is between whatever vote has the majority, or a good bit taken from each different vote mashed together. If you like whatever has the majority, go with that, otherwise go with the other.

It's not so much Deal or No Deal as it is picking between a particular dish at a restaurant or hitting the buffet and taking a little bit of everything.
>> No. 16440
Hedge trimming ...

From >>16420 and >>16421 and one thing from >>16424:
[+] Ask about the nature of the corruption and purity. (potential Metroid Prime 3 reference) "How does life on the Moon work with a muted cycle of decay?"
[+] Ask what will be done about the new "guest."
[+] If there's still time afterward, ask what the Lunarians are capable of.
[+] Give her a reassuring smile.
Straight-faced phazon references and pertinent information.

Asking why they'd scapegoat is redundant, especially in light of her "cruelty" comment. The model to work from is that they're panicking, and Kaguya has already said that there are people on the moon who don't like her.
>> No. 16441
>>16440
>>Asking why they'd scapegoat is redundant, especially in light of her "cruelty" comment. The model to work from is that they're panicking, and Kaguya has already said that there are people on the moon who don't like her.

Ah, but what if the real question isn't "why are they scapegoating," but "are they scapegoating"?

Sure, Lunarians may be cruel, but they're probably not morons. A select few with a grudge might jump right away to placing blame on the traitors and exiles on Earth, but without any semblance of proof I can't imagine why anyone else would be inclined to go along with that theory, especially when there are clearly other possible and more likely causes, like those filthy dirty humans who keep trespassing, for example.

Granted, I don't think whatever "evidence" they might have would be entirely conclusive, otherwise there'd be no disagreement over what should be done, but there may very well be SOMETHING they're using to make the Eientei crew look like probable suspects despite their time away and apparent lack of contact.
>> No. 16444
>picking between a particular dish at a restaurant or hitting the buffet and taking a little bit of everything.

I will go with the vote then >>16428
>> No. 16445
>But not so much that someone can't send some bunnies to blow stuff up there, apparently.

A single rabbit. And not even a competent one at that. And she might just be a nut or a fanatic; CiLR paints a portrait of a high degree of non-interference of Lunarians with rabbit political gossip. We don't know much, except that it doesn't matter because we are surrounded by people far, far more competent than we or any more of their rabbit 'commandos' is.

>But the Lunarians have Planck bombs, so yeah!

But when you near 10^4 Megatons of explosives you're already talking about geocide so shut the hell up already!
>> No. 16447
>>A single rabbit. And not even a competent one at that.

Really? Because, assuming she was also the one from the first attack, she did a good enough job causing a little damage, putting the whole place in a state of chaos, and getting away the first time.
It's hardly her fault if she wound up falling into a trap set by Eirin, of all people. If the former top super-genius from the moon is out to catch you, she IS going to catch you, no matter how competent you might be.

Plus, between that whole "Kaguya deciding to send Shirou home against his will" thing we spent the better part of the past couple days from stopping, to the fact that the intruder is currently strapped down to a table, locked up, probably still sedated, and is being kept under 24-hour surveillance, I think it's safe to assume more than a couple people there are regarding her as a potentially serious threat.

If she truly was not competent and/or dangerous, then don't you think that drugging her, strapping her down to the table in case the drugs wear off, locking the room in case she escapes her bonds on the table, and has the room under constant watch in case she tries to get out of the room to be just a TAD overkill?
Whatever she may be, a useless little bunny she most certainly is NOT.

...though, her sex appeal is up for question.
>> No. 16450
Going with the write-in then. More sped-up updates or complete bust.
>> No. 16451
>>16450
You did not answer the question if you want to quit yet.
>> No. 16453
File 124467005870.png- (536.95KB , 607x942 , kaci.png ) [iqdb]
16453
“I've got a couple of thoughts.” You think about what she's told you. “Let's assume lots of them probably have plans for you, and each one of them probably has their own agenda. But look at the big picture from an earthling perspective: At every level of power, shysters, schemers, criminals, and crooks, run our world, our nations, and they have been, since before even you were born--Caligula comes to mind in particular--but because they all have a different agenda, they undercut each other so it balances out. I call it the three stooges effect, all of them trying to get in the door at the same time."

You follow up, keeping a steady and confident tone, “And I won't let it affect my life either. Why should I care what someone on the moon is saying about me or the people I care about here? That's just, like, their opinion, man.” Accompanying this is a smile, a promise that you really mean what you're saying, and a final confident sign in the form of your upturned thumb.

Kaguya looks to be, at the very least, amused with what you're saying, with a placid and amiable look directed at you.

“Don't worry: If there's anything that can match lunarian cruelty, it's the good, ol' fashioned terrestrial dumb luck. We have the full force of four billion years of guess and check at our back.” It was true, and as the icing on the cake, you add, “Oh, and nukes. Yeah. Like tens of thousands of them.” You smile again, signaling that you're done with your piece.

“That's amazing!” Kaguya laughs without restraint. “That's really a nice way of thinking about things, I've got to admit.”
“Then why are you laughing?”
“Because it's funny. And adorable. I wish Eirin could have heard that. She would have appreciated it even more than I have.”
“Are you making fun of me?” You thought your speech wasn't half bad; with sweeping poise and gravitas you delivered it with purpose. It was a bit hurtful to even consider that she might be belittling you for it.
“No, not really. Sorry if it came off like that.” She covers her mouth with a sleeve, stifling the laughter. “I really appreciate your optimistic and non-defeatist view. Your confidence certainly isn't a bad thing. You've got to believe me when I tell you that it makes me feel better.”
“Right. So?”
“I hope you're really right about everything, and things sort themselves out. Well, I hate to break it to you, but your optimism might be a bit misplaced.” She breaths in and exhales, extinguishing the last of her laughing. “I think that you misinterpret the chaos on the moon. While there's bound to be a lot of panic, I think it's highly probably that there's still a strong sense of unity. You see, that's one of the underlying virtues of the lunarian race; the founding generation went there because of shared values and ideals – these values and ideals are still shared by the majority, and I think that even in the worst situation there's going to be a lot of cohesiveness within society. There always are those who differ in opinion, but there's probably only a small minority or two.”
“They're still at odds with each other.” You point out. “They'll still get in each other's way.”
“Maybe. And it would be nice if they would.” Kaguya doesn't look too convinced. “We don't know what's going on exactly, and I agree with Eirin that we shouldn't let ourselves be too complacent. No matter how nice it would be to finally forget all of that.” She showed a sad, abject smile. “Not even the most advanced human weapons could do much to stop them.”
“Oh come on, it can't be that bad! I mean, they're freaking out because of humans, right? That means that we're a force to be reckoned with.”
“I don't think that's the point.”

Kaguya put things into a little bit more context for you.

“It's not an exaggeration to say that everything that humans have accomplished is because of the moon.”
“...That's ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that most of our inventors and scientists thought things up without help.”
“That might be true.” She nodded thoughtfully. “But it was the people of the moon who let all those discoveries and progress happen. Throughout history there have been interventions to keep things moving and progressing, never allowing humans to remain stagnant for too long. You've progressed when there's been conflict, scarcity, and a general lack of comfort.”
“And lunarians caused all that?” That's a tall order, you think. “If you did, then you're evil.”
“Maybe we are. I don't care about all that though. What lunarians have done hasn't been actually starting war and causing misfortune; it's just been allowing human nature to manifest itself. That's what causes things to change.”
“That's no better than killing and destroying yourself.”
“Perhaps. Regardless of how you may see it, the people on the moon think constantly about Earth and the human race. They're the ones that guide you towards progress.”
“What right do they have? Couldn't we have been happy just as we were?”
“I'm just saying that that's the way things are. Whether or not we had a right to do this sort of thing is an issue that I don't really care about. I really don't care about anything the moon does anymore. If you want to discuss this sort of thing, talk to Eirin, she enjoys that sort of talk.”
“Well, you've got your reasons to worry. I just hope that I can convince you that everything is going to be alright.”
“You do help make me feel better.”
“I guess that's good enough.” You smile. “But ideally, I want to help you forget about all of this.”
“Hmm... you?” Kaguya seems to think about something. “There's nothing that can be done about it for now, especially since we have an additional member from the moon under our roof now.”

Ah, that reminds you...
>> No. 16454
“What's going to be done to her? Eirin asked me to stand watch over her later.”
“She did? It's a good thing that she trusts you to keep watch.”
“It sounded like she needed quite a bit of help actually, so it's not a surprise.”
“If you think so. It's important that we keep that girl under watch for a while and try to learn as much from her as possible. Knowledge is key and will affect how we act.”
“But after that? I mean, what's going to happen to her once you find out what you need?”
“I don't know. It depends on what's going on. If there's no real danger, then there's no reason to just let her go back to the moon.”
“And if there is a danger?”
“Keep her confined until the danger is gone? I don't know. It's pointless to go into absolutes right now. Trust in what Eirin thinks.”

That was that.

“When did you say that you had to go stand watch?” Kaguya asked.
“I don't know, I have to go see Reisen about it.”
“Maybe you should go do that then.”
“What are you going to do?”
“Not much.” She smiles slightly, not entirely convincing you that her joke is a joke, “Maybe sulk a bit here. Drink tea. You know, the usual.”

[] Responsibilities come first; Go talk to Reisen
[] Screw that; Spend time with your buddy

----
>>16451
No one has asked that question thus far in this thread. Just statements calling me not to quit. To clear it up: I do not wish to quit or stop writing. But I've reached a point in which frustration has more than taken its toll. It's been six months since this run started, and quite fankly, I think it should have been over by now (or way past just 10 threads). I have been slow at updating at times, just as anon is slow to vote at times. But it seems that no matter what I do, it's an ever-increasingly infrequent voting procedure. And it seems that there's not much that I can do to attract more people to read and vote in this. I realize it's not fun waiting days for an update at times, but the flipside is true, it's not nice waiting forever for votes either, especially given that I don't have unlimited time on my hands.

I really do want to write and continue, which is why it's made worse. The problem is not the current readerbase, I appreciate the votes and discussion in particular. I can't realistically expect people to sit glued on their computers all day pressing f5. Well, I'm diverging from what I was going to underline. If things continue to be just as slow, I will quit, and not just this story. It's not fair to my readers, I know, but I can't be constantly frustrated either - it makes this not fun for me, as well as draining my creative juices.
>> No. 16456
[] Responsibilities come first; Go talk to Reisen
>> No. 16458
[x] Responsibilities come first; Go talk to Reisen

because there is a chance our shift is not up yet
>> No. 16459
[X] Responsibilities come first; Go talk to Reisen
>> No. 16460
[X] Responsibilities come first; Go talk to Reisen.
>> No. 16461
Writing now. 4 votes in over 3 hours does not bode well.
>> No. 16462
[x] Responsibilities come first; Go talk to Reisen
Late voting
>> No. 16463
>>16453
>You see, that's one of the underlying virtues of the lunarian race; the founding generation went there because of shared values and ideals

>“Perhaps. Regardless of how you may see it, the people on the moon think constantly about Earth and the human race. They're the ones that guide you towards progress.”

Oh wow. The intersection between these notions would be something else to inspect: a common philosophy that not only drives an entire population to leave the planet, but also keeps them intimately involved with the development of said planet (in a particularly nasty and round-about way to boot). Figure in that being forcefully sent to Earth is considered a punishment and we've a complex relationship bordering on incomprehensible. Definitely need to sit down with Eirin at some point and hash this out. Probably not necessary to the plot, but this sounds downright fascinating.
>> No. 16464
>>16463

Indeed. Lunarian society has a lot of intrigue. Assuming we get straight answers, it would be fascinating to sit down and talk to Erin about this.
>> No. 16465
[X] Responsibilities come first; Go talk to Reisen
>> No. 16466
[x] Responsibilities come first; Go talk to Reisen

>>16454
It's sad to hear of your dissatisfaction but there is nothing that can be done about it.
I try really hard to come here every 6 or 7 hours to see if something new is on. As for new people, yes i don't think there will suddenly be a new influx of readers, more like a slow steady decline. Plus let's face it, you were always the number 2 unliked guy on here.

If you really can't go on like this anymore and the situation is going to get worse, try to wrap the story up at least in the next 3 or so threads as good as possible before frustration wears you away. I think your readers deserve this at least...

Still, i am an optimist, hoping for wonders all the time.
>> No. 16467
[x] Responsibilities come first; Go talk to Reisen

You leave Kaguya alone and go looking for Reisen. She's not in the kitchen, so you check her room next. Finding that she's not there, you assume that she's keeping watch over the other rabbit.

You knock on the door. Reisen opens the the door and greets you.

“You're keeping watch again already, huh?”
“Better me than the rabbits.” Reisen closes the door behind you. “I feel more comfortable if I have a handle on things.”
“It'll be no good if you're exhausted and something happens though.” You remark, moving to observe the captive bunny. “She's awake.” More than that, she's staring right at the one-way mirror, looking seemingly directly at you. If you didn't know better, you'd say that she knows you're there; her red eyes are focused which, in conjunction with her sharp pointed nose, give her an almost aquiline appearance. “Has she been awake for long?”
“Since about an hour ago.” She pauses by your side. “Huh, look at that, she's looking this way.”
“So she is.” The rabbit had sat up on her bed with an elegant motion that almost didn't move the sheets. “Has she been eating anything?”
“Um, I'm not sure. Master said that she would be taking care of that kind of detail.”
“I see.” You turn to look at her, trying to not look at the rabbit in the other room. “Speaking of Eirin, she told me that I should take up a shift of watch.”
“She did?”
“Yes. She said that I should sort out the details with you.”
“Hmm...” Reisen stops to think a while. “Well, it depends on you. Whenever you feel is fine is alright.”
“When is the next rabbit shift?”
“In a little over two hours.”
“I'll take that one then. How long is each shift?”
“Depends. The next shift is is about six hours long. Goes from seven to one.”
“That'll be alright.” It's not so late that you'll be too sleepy.
“I'll tell the rabbits that they don't need to be here then.”

You look back into the other room – the captive rabbit is no longer staring in your direction. She's rolled over, looking away and buried herself under the sheets, leaving only her ears popping out from under.

“She doesn't seem so bad.” Reisen remarks.
“How do you figure?”
“It's just a feeling I have, that's all.”
“Well, she's causing Kaguya a lot of anguish, so I don't share that sentiment.”
“Ah, you're right in thinking that I suppose. I shouldn't let myself get careless.” Reisen puts a hand against the glass. “It's noble of you to be thinking about Lady Kaguya's feelings like that.”
“Well,” You shrug, “It's only natural to think about your friends, right? Their wellbeing is as important as mine.”
“Keeping friends close to one's heart...” Her voice trails off. “Yes, that's only proper after all.” She smiles. “You should rest up before your shift, so that you're not tempted to take a nap or anything when you have to be alert.”
“I'll take your advice then.”

You say goodbye to Reisen and go to your room. There's nothing to do there but lie down and try to relax. It's not as easy as it sounds, considering all the thoughts that fill your head. They're mostly of Kaguya, and not just the things that she told you earlier. You hope that your confidence isn't misplaced.

The alarm rings on the PDA. You set it for a half hour before your shift starts. You get up and rub your eyes – it felt like you slept at most five minutes.

[] Go to your shift early
[] Check in quickly on Kaguya
[] Mess around with the PDA (specify)

--
Fuck, sorry about that. I messed up my own plans to update quicker with real life entanglements.
>> No. 16468
[x] Check in quickly on Kaguya

all's right Teruyo.
>> No. 16469
[x] Check in quickly on Kaguya
>> No. 16470
[x] Check in quickly on Kaguya
>> No. 16471
>>16467
Against my better judgement...

[X] Check in quickly on Kaguya; ask if she'll be up for anything a little after 1 a.m.

I was pretty tempted to add "Grab your Game Boy" and "Ask for new batteries and an RPG" to my vote. While staring at a cute bunny girl for six hours is potentially very engaging, I can imagine it gets dull after the first 45 minutes. However, providing a distraction for Shirou and suggesting to Kaguya that we'd rather be gaming than taking our role seriously left me feeling all sorts of creeped out. However, I demand some quality time with the lovely NEET that is free of drama and/or awkwardness. Some vidya, animu, late night snack, or just a little more star-gazing. If she says 'no' I'll be happy to take a rain check.
>> No. 16472
[x] Check in quickly on Kaguya
>> No. 16473
Writing last one for now.

>>16466
I don't think I could wrap this up quickly and artificially. The plot could be dealt with in a thread likely, but that would be missing the point, it's about character development and interaction. I'd rather leave it unfinished than halfass something.
>> No. 16474
[X] Check in quickly on Kaguya

Hope we won't be late for our shift...
>> No. 16475
>Writing last one for now.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 16481
[x] Check in quickly on Kaguya

“Hey, how are you doing?” You pop into Kaguya's room after knocking.
“I was taking a nap, thank you for coming in before waiting for a reply. Again.”
“If you're going to take a nap, at least do it in your bed. That doesn't look too comfortable.” Kaguya had fallen asleep with part of her body lying on the table and with her face buried in a magazine.
“Sure, whatever.” She yawned discretely, looking really sleepy.
“I just came here to see what you were up to. I'm starting my watch shift soon.”

Kaguya sat up and stretched her arms.

“Ah, I see. Well, I'm fine as you can see. Enjoying what little sleep I can get whenever I can get it.”
“You haven't been sleeping well, I take it?”
“I wish I weren't sleeping well, that would be a step up.”
“Why don't you ask Eirin for something to help you sleep then? I bet she has all sorts of things she can give you.” If you asked, you probably would either get a placebo or a powerful narcotic. Kaguya would probably get the appropriate dosage of the appropriate drug.
“I'll think about it. Drugs aren't going to help my dreams get any better.”
“What's wrong with your dreams?”
“Too much to mention in passing. It's a sure sign that I need to relax somehow before going to bed.”
“Well then, I think I can help you with that. If you're awake after I'm done with my shift, we could spend some time goofing off.”
“That might be okay, actually. What time are you free?”
“After one.”
“Alright then. I hopefully will be asleep by then, but if I'm not, there's not harm in having some fun.”
“Works for me.” You then excuse yourself and leave for your shift.

You arrive and meet with Reisen.

“I'm here to take over now. Has anything of interest happened?” You get down to business.
“No, nothing. She's kept still for most of the afternoon, occasionally shifting around in bed. Nothing beyond that.”
“Alright then.” You receive a copy of the door key from her. “I'm ready to stand watch.”
“Have fun then. And make sure to call for help if anything happens. Good night.”
“Good night.” You see her off and lock the door after her.

Keeping watch over the rabbit is immensely boring. There's nothing to keep you distracted in the other room, just blank walls and that single bed. You sit and watch the rabbit just lying there. She moves around occasionally, about every fifteen minutes you reckon, alternating between lying on her back, her side, and her belly. Her hair is a mess now, calling it bed head would be an act of kindness, odds and ends stick out with no underlying pattern.

If you have to do this another time, you'll bring a magazine or something else to keep yourself distracted. As it is, you're basically keeping track of your own heartbeat to pass the time. That's hardly very entertaining.

The door opens. “Oh, you're on watch.” Eirin steps in with a small satchel. “That's good. How's everything?”

“Nothing really unusual. She's been mostly lying there for the whole time. I'm about halfway through the shift.”
“Don't let the lack of excitement catch you off guard.” The door is locked behind her. She steps up to the window, peering at the girl. “I know it's tiresome, but keep yourself on your toes.”
“I'm not going to let myself relax.” You join Eirin in watching the girl through the window. “Isn't it a bit weird that she's spent almost all day in bed?”
“Not that strange. Considering that she can't quite walk.”
“Huh? She can't?” That was news to you.
“Sprained ankle and an inflamed thigh muscle on her other leg. She can walk, but I imagine it would be very awkward.”
“Oh, I wasn't aware.”
“Unfortunately, she didn't just stand still and let herself be captured. It's fortunate that she just has these light injuries. She should be fine in a couple of days.”

Eirin then goes for the door connecting the two rooms.

“Come with me, you can help me treat her.”
“Shouldn't someone keep watch just in case?”
“I very much doubt that she can overpower either of us in her current state, so it's safe if we both go in.”

Eirin opens the door and you follow inside. The stinging smell of disinfectant assaults your nose. This whole room reeks of it, and it's a wonder how the girl can withstand the stench.

“Good evening.” Eirin greets the girl with a surprisingly sympathetic voice. “I've come to change your dressings and continue your treatment.”
“...” The girl glares silently from the bed, shifting her gaze periodically between you and Eirin.
“We'll start by applying lotion to your thigh.” Eirin states, not caring in the least about the girl's intense glare. She opened up her satchel and removed a small jar. “Shirou, lift up the blankets and her gown for me please.”

You look dubiously at her for a moment but do as you're told. The girl squares her look solely on you and you try not to meet her stare. You thought that she would have screamed out, telling you not to touch her, given the way she was staring but she lets you do as you please.

“Thank you very much.” Eirin smiles and opens up the jar She scoops up a glob of ointment with her fingers and deposits it on the girl's thigh. She rubs wordlessly until the ointment is completely spread out. “Now for that ankle of yours.” Eirin moves to the other side of the bed and takes a look at the girl's bare foot. “It's still swollen. I'll get a cold compress later and continue with the anti-inflammatory medicine and pain relief.”

To you, it looks like the girl is only letting Eirin do as she please because she knows that there's nothing that she can do about it. It's probably not an exaggeration to say that she doesn't trust Eirin at all, and given the way she's been glaring at you, she trusts you even less.

“Take her gown off, Shirou. We've got to examine a rib injury.”

Eirin's word was gospel, so I moved to do as she said.

“...Enough.” The girl's voice came like a clear bell. “I do not wish to have the human touching me any longer. I'll do it myself.” With a pained look on her face, the girl swiftly removed her dress, unashamedly exposing her nude form. A dark spot blemished her clear skin just below her left breast.
“That's not very nice of you.” Eirin said with a snicker. “This is the second time you've talked and it was to demean poor Shirou over here. Someone who is attempting to help you.”
“...”
“I find it amusing that you do not wish for him to touch you yet you bare your chest with no hesitation. Have all the rabbits become exhibitionists or is it just those with secret missions?” Eirin remarks casually to you, “Maybe she thinks that this is a good distraction and is planning to make a run for it. I don't see her going very far with that ankle and those large glands swinging all over the place personally.”
“...”
“It's not fun if you stay silent, dear guest.” Eirin shrugged and inspected the sore spore. She applied some of the same ointment as before. Almost immediately afterwards, the rabbit put her gown back on. Eirin then changed a container that lay on the side of the bed and finally gave the rabbit a few pills and a glass of water. “Drink.” The rabbit drank obediently.

And that was that.

You exit the room with Eirin.

“Isn't she a lovely guest?” Eirin chuckles. “Loves to chat too.”
“What was with the extra hostility towards me?”
“It's because she likes you, I imagine.” Another chuckle.
“How were you planing to extract any information from her?”
“By observing. And being patient. She won't stay silent forever.”
“There's got to be a better way...”
“I take it you have some sort of proposal then? If you think you've got something that will make her talk, I'll cover for you while you try it.”

[] Cook a nice meal for the rabbit
[] Drugs are the solution
[] Other
[] Nothing; Continue the shift as normal
--
More tomorrow some time, given enough votes.
>> No. 16482
[X] Cook a nice meal for the rabbit

Preferably nothing particularly hot or prone to staining, in the likely event whatever food we prepare winds up on us.

And if that doesn't work, more food, but laced with copious amounts of Sodium Pentothal or some similar drug.
>> No. 16483
[x] Cook a nice meal for the rabbit
[x] Drugs are the solution

Food + Drugs from Eirin will do the job.
>> No. 16484
[x] Cook a nice meal for the rabbit
[x] Drugs are the solution

Shady business.
>> No. 16487
You know, I am almost shocked and appalled that you would so much as suggest that our dear, innocent Shirou would do something as insidious as drug someone's food.

...at least, not when there are far more acceptable methods of getting someone to loosen up. Like alcohol. Get that bunny good and drunk, and there's no telling what information she might let slip! Or at the very least make her just a tad less bitchy than she appears to be right now.
>> No. 16488
[x] Cook a nice meal for the rabbit

Yikes, two updates while I was asleep. I'll be trying to get a few friends reading this, but it'll be a little while before they catch up.
>> No. 16489
>>16481
[X] Other: Enhanced Interrogation「Waterboard Dream」
[X] Cook a nice meal for the rabbit

Tempt the bunny with all the most sordid and appetizing delicacies Earth has to offer. The more MSG, the better.
>> No. 16490
>You know, I am almost shocked and appalled that you would so much as suggest that our dear, innocent Shirou would do something as insidious as drug someone's food.

Somebody never finished Heaven's Feel. Shirou is a moralist, but that doesn't mean he's not willing to do bad things to protect the people he loves.

[x] Cook a nice meal for the rabbit
[x] Drugs are the solution
>> No. 16493
>>Somebody never finished Heaven's Feel.

A little hard to finish something you've never started, yes?
>> No. 16494
[x] Cook a nice meal for the rabbit.

Can't really see drug use being at all successful... Not to mention after taking anti-flammatory pills and then drinking something alcoholic... More likely to knock the 'guest' out before she even utters a damn thing.

This at the very least covers two things. One develop something of a basic trust.

Can we say... 'Stockholm Syndrome'..? Make her, ya know "useful" for Eintei..?

I can understand Teruyo may be frustrated or tired right now but consider the idea anon...
>> No. 16495
[x] Cook a nice meal for the rabbit
[x] Drugs are the solution
>> No. 16496
I'm giving this a bit of time so there's a tiebreaker. If there's no tiebreaker I'll tally the votes in another way.

By the way, the vote can be basically abstracted to 'drugs/vinegar approach' and 'no drugs/honey approach' regardless of the actual use of food or not. So any vote along those lines will be counted even if the details are different.

>>16490
>>16493
Once again, I'd like to point out that this Shirou is not FSN Shirou. Beyond a few tired jokes and allusions, they are different people with different personalities and ways of thinking. Any parallels in personality are for the most part because of what readers choose to do,and how they interact with the world.
>> No. 16497
[x] Cook a nice meal for the rabbit.
>> No. 16498
[x] Cook a nice meal for the rabbit
>> No. 16499
[x] Cook a nice meal for the rabbit
[x] Drugs are the solution

Late vote is late. But every bit counts.
>> No. 16500
[X] Cook a nice meal for the rabbit
[X] Ask if there's some way to communicate with her from the outside, like a speaker or something. Perhaps getting to know her as a person, rather than as the enemy, would help.

Teruyo, please don't quit! I know it's frustrating, but... Well. Maybe I should advertise this on the IRC, that might bring other people to check it out sooner after updates.
>> No. 16501
[Z] Cook a nice meal for the rabbit
>> No. 16502
All I'm reading is
>>[] Cook the rabbit for a nice meal

[+] Nothing; continue the shift as normal
>> No. 16504
Called. Can't seem to get the scene down as I would like it, so it might take a while to update. Maybe food will help me. If not I'll try to post something regardless.
>> No. 16512
>>16504
Take some time to put something out that you are satisfied with instead of something just to continue the story.
>> No. 16520
>>16512

This can't be emphasized enough.

"Take some time to put something out that you are satisfied with instead of something just to continue the story."
>> No. 16521
[x] Cook a nice meal for the rabbit

“I'll try softening her up. Tell me, has she eaten recently?” The question isn't so much about your concern about her, but born out of self-interest.
“Nothing, just fluids.” Eirin replied. “I was going to provide a basic meal later.” She answered in such a way that made you wonder if she really had thought to do so later. You couldn't blame her for being a bit negligent.
“That's alright, I'll make her something to eat.”
“And you hope that that's enough to endear yourself to her?” Eirin voices her objection, “I would like to point out that she probably deplores you.”
“I don't particularly like her either,” You give your reasoning, “she's a cause of worry for everyone here. But it'll be easier if she cooperates, right?”
“In all likelihood. But that won't be accomplished from a single meal.”
“Then this won't be the only meal. There will be others. Trust me, it'll work.”

Eirin remains behind as you go to the kitchen. You don't put much imagination into cooking a meal for the rabbit. Still, it does require a bit of effort and you cook as well as you usually would. It's not your crowning achievement, but hey, you'd eat this. The cookie is a nice finishing touch.

“That looks nice.” Eirin says when you come back with a tray. “I hope you didn't put too much effort into it.”
“I put in just enough. Now could you please open this door for me?”

The rabbit looks in your direction as you come in, her eyes automatically locking onto you. “I brought food. I imagine that you're hungry.” There's no reply from the rabbit, so you leave the tray at her bedside, adding, “Make sure to eat it before it gets cold.”

“That doesn't look very promising.” Eirin tells you with a smile. You join her in observing the rabbit through the two-way mirror. The rabbit ignored your meal completely, going as far as looking in the opposite direction.
“It'll work.” You reply confidently. “Give it time.”
“How much time? We can't be happy just feeding and watching her, now can we?”
“I suppose not. How much time do I have?”
“Realistically speaking, probably a day or two. We can't just stand around with our arms crossed.”
“What are you thinking of doing? Kaguya told me about how things are on the moon, but I'm still not sure how that affects us, if at all.”
“There are only two or three things to do. I'd rather not say for now, it would be premature.” She assures you like she has several times in the past, “There is nothing to worry about, it's just a matter of bringing a few missing bits of information into light before taking action.”
“So are you going to do anything about her?”
“I already have.” She grabs her satchel. “Continue your shift. And keep up the good work.”

Eirin leaves you to an uneventful watch. The rabbit girl doesn't even so much look at your food, let alone seem to even consider eating it. The plan wasn't successful – for now. But she'll have to eat eventually. You're not even sure you care about the slender rabbit's wellbeing actually, you're more preoccupied about Eientei and its inhabitants. It wouldn't hurt if Eirin were more forthright with what she was planning to do, but you have been around her long enough to know that that's the way she operates. Kaguya doesn't seem to object either.

You have a feeling that before long she'll do something about the rabbit. Maybe she's just healing her to build up her trust. You sigh. You have to have a long talk with her one of these days, when she's not busy. You do want to be as useful as possible.

The end of the shift comes without incident. Your relief; a pair of plain-looking rabbits come about five minutes later than scheduled. Well whatever, you think. You leave things under their care and eagerly leave the room behind. It's time to check up on your buddy.

In your excitement, you forget that you were trying to fix that recent bad habit of entering rooms without waiting to be let in. The room is dark, and you regret barging in suddenly. It's clear that Kaguya is sleeping. You can't see her in the dark, but after a few moments of straining your ears (and blocking out the dull thump of your heart) you hear faint rhythmical breathing. You leave with the utmost care not to wake her up.

Well, so much for spending time together now. Still, it's good that she's sleeping. And as you walk back to your own room, you have the fortune of running into someone who had been conspicuously missing from your day-to-day life.

“Heya.” Tewi stops as you meet in the hallway. Her face is muddied and filthy and her clothes have dark stains everywhere, expect for on a bright red armband on her left arm. “How's it going?”
“Alright, all things considered. What about you? I haven't seen you for a while now.” You try not to gawk too much at some of the large tears on her dress.
“Oh, keeping busy. Running a campaign in fact. I haven't had any time to relax.”
“It looks like it's been intense for you.”
“And it will continue to be for now.” She smiles, “I can't really afford to stand here chatting for too long, you understand, right?”
“I won't keep you then. Good luck.” It was a bizarre sight, and usually an encounter like this would end up with you being put in an uncomfortable position, but not this time.
“Yeah, good luck to you too. See you around.”

Tewi hummed as she continued down the corridor. She was tracking mud. Whatever it was she was doing, it hadn't changed her personality, she still didn't seem to care much about leaving a mess or not. Ah well, it was none of your concern what she was up to, you had more than enough on your plate as it was.

Even with you trying to digest all the information you had gotten and a million and one thoughts crawling in your head, you managed to fall asleep pretty quickly. It just so happened that your mind was full of thoughts about the strange people who lived on the moon.

Ah, you're dreaming again. That's nice. Well, you might confuse this for reality if it weren't a dark, impossibly large room. After all, you can think. Like now. And now. And again. Not to mention that if you weren't dreaming, you couldn't explain how you got from your futon all the way to heaven-knows-where.

Aha, a light. A single beam of light pierces the dark. You take a couple of unsure steps forward, not even really sure that you're stepping on anything. You might as well be floating. Oh, that's nice. There are three slick and shiny containers in front of you. You hope this isn't a power up of any kind, you hate having to choose between abilities. Why must your subconscious torment you ?

Well, you decide that you might as well read the labels.

Operational Directives
Basic Training
Baked Delights

Might as well open one. You know when to play along with your dreams.

[]Operational Directives
[]Basic Training
[]Baked Delights
>> No. 16522
[x] Operational Basic Training: Baked Delights

hmmmmmmm
>> No. 16523
[X]Baked Delights

So as a pray,
Unlimited Bake Works
>> No. 16524
[]Basic Training
>> No. 16525
[x] Baked Delights

no Shirou you are the delights
>> No. 16526
[X]Baked Delights
>> No. 16527
[X]Operational Directives

because this will tell us more background about what has been goin on rite?
rite guise?
>> No. 16528
[X]Baked Delights

This could enlighten us to the true path. The only path for Shirou to take.
>> No. 16529
[X]Basic Training

Can't get too lax now
>> No. 16530
[X] Baked Delights

Cue the Metroid power-up theme.
>> No. 16532
[X]Baked Delights

>>16530

Not the original but it should suffice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STjZ6-oHi_k&feature=
>> No. 16533
Oh wait here's the original

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg-17kibqSI&NR=1
>> No. 16535
File 124485579468.jpg- (189.68KB , 497x700 , cupcakes.jpg ) [iqdb]
16535
Writing now. Looks like anonymous can't resist the allure of baked foods.
>> No. 16536
>>16535

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNHG
>> No. 16538
File 12448599139.jpg- (675.29KB , 1164x1532 , hnnnnnnggggggg.jpg ) [iqdb]
16538
>>16535

Who can?
>> No. 16540
File 124486303329.jpg- (236.02KB , 734x635 , 439cf7de2a66288aaf27fb829a5ee8eb.jpg ) [iqdb]
16540
These baked confectioneries are making me huHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNHG
>> No. 16541
Cookies~
>> No. 16542
[x]Baked Delights

The shiny container opens easily. There's a pretty fluffy-looking cupcake in there. Complete with your favorite kind of frosting. Delighted, you take a bite of the moist and delicious mini cake. Ah, it's so good that it makes you want to cry tears of extreme joy. This isn't something you could make yourself, nor anyone that you know for that matter; it's the work of a god. A benevolent and magnificent baking god.

Oh.

The space beneath you has been replaced by a landscape made of food. Delicious treats stretch out as far as the eye can see. Cupcake mountains, cake plateaus, candy cane forests, this place is a veritable tooth-decaying paradise.

The landscape changes, chocolate rivers and lakes become soup oceans, and all the confectioneries become delicious normal food.

You zoom out. Everything looks to have become tiny.

And you're in a cafeteria now. A tray of food lies before you. Hey, you know these. They're those rectangular things that Eirin made. Tasty. You eat a spoonful. Definitely tasty.

Socializing isn't a priority, you ignore your fellow rabbits and chow down on the delicious rectangles.

“It probably wouldn't hurt if you socialized a bit, you know?” A dark skinned rabbit remarks to your side.
“Shut it. Meal time isn't for talking.” You reply, not hesitating at all in being rude.
“You'd treat your elders with such contempt? No wonder you haven't been assigned anywhere. With that attitude, you'll be stuck here forever.”

Food. Delicious food. Shut out external interference. Nothing else matters.

The tray and its vegetable contents spring to life, dancing carrots and potatoes amidst a sea of thick soup.

You eat it with pleasure, slurping down everything with no pause.

You're done. But where's the cookie?

You look around desperately for the deliciously baked cookie. Nowhere. Nowhere to be found.

Wait, no. It's there.

On the floor. You reach out for it. But can't reach. So what if you've cast it away? You want it now, that's all that matters! It looks so good too. Not better than those cream-filled pastries though, but still it looks like a godsend. If only you could get it...

It's no use.

Maybe next time.

Yes. Next time. But next time will just be a repeat. Because you want it to be a repeat. It's the only way things can be. Anything else is unacceptable.

It's almost worth crying about, really. If there weren't so many other things worth crying about, that is.



You wake up with the strange desire for cupcakes. As you rub your eyes, you figure it's not so strange, given the dream you had last night. You're not sure what all of that was about, but the underlying theme is more than evident – food. Ah well, you'll just grab a cookie from the kitchen and that'll be that.

It's still morning, and you're not abnormally tired or anything. A nice change of pace. No fluffy rabbits crowding around either, nothing pressing to do then.

You go to the kitchen to satisfy your sweet tooth. Reisen isn't there, you've probably come in during that window of time between breakfast and lunch in which she's off doing whatever. It's not a problem, and you fulfill your primary objective by eating the last cookie there is. It was a bit stale.

You head to check on the bunny girl – it makes you feel like you're on top of what goes on around here. The feeling would be reinforced by your bumping into Eirin just outside the room.

“Good morning there. I trust you slept well, I'm counting on you to keep watch again today.” Eirin greets you as if she didn't have a single care in the world.
“Yeah, good morning. How's everything over here?”
“Oh, nothing has really changed. She still refuses to talk and hasn't eaten anything. Her wounds are doing well though.”
“Do you have any time now?”
“A little. What is it?” Eirin signals you to follow her back to her office.
“This doesn't feel right to me.”
“It doesn't? What is 'right' supposed to feel like?” Again with the chirpy attitude. You can't tell what she's thinking at all when she's like this.
“Not this, that's for certain. It doesn't feel like we'll get anywhere. Then again, I hardly know what's going on. Kaguya didn't seem to be very certain about what was going on.”
“And what do you want to do about it?”

You think. What is it that you want to do about it? Get her to just tell you everything she knows? That would help, but right now you just don't want to feel like you're just twiddling your thumbs. In the interim you've arrived at the clinic.

“I just want to be useful somehow. Help Kaguya and everyone here. Whatever helps me achieve that end will probably feel right.” You answer after some deliberation. Eirin puts her satchel down and places a hand on her hips as she talks to you.

“Do you want to be tasked with retrieving information from our guest?” She offers with a helpful smile.
“I don't know if I can. Besides, don't you have a plan in place?”
“I do. And it'll take a couple of days to work. But if you somehow got information before that, we could act faster. Think you can do it?” She entices you further. “I'll get Udonge to cooperate with you if you have a plan, or otherwise facilitate any scheme you might come up with.”
“I think I'll do that then. Information seems to be what's keeping us back.”
“Your efforts will be appreciated. I take it that you've had some time to think it over, otherwise you wouldn't be talking about helping out.”

That's right, I had a good idea of what I wanted to do. And having Eirin's knowledge and materials at my disposal would help. Reisen could also be counted upon to provide good assistance.

[] Continue 'befriending' the rabbit with food
[] Use drugs instead
[] Be coercive and forceful
[] Other
>> No. 16543
[X] Continue 'befriending' the rabbit with food
[X] Some pastries, perhaps?
>> No. 16544
File 124486557732.jpg- (104.20KB , 378x511 , trix.jpg ) [iqdb]
16544
[!/] Continue 'befriending' the rabbit with food.

There has to be a item of food moon bunnies go HEAD FULL OF MAD over...
>> No. 16545
[X] Continue 'befriending' the rabbit with food
[X] Some pastries, perhaps?
>> No. 16546
[x] Continue 'befriending' the rabbit with food

>>16545
Silly moon rabbits, Trix are for kids!
>> No. 16547
[X] Continue 'befriending' the rabbit with food.
[X] Attempt small talk, "If you like you can tell me what would you prefer to eat rather than me randomly guessing.

I can't promise anything extravagant but if there is anything in particular you'd like just say so."

A shot in a dark but it couldn't be worse than forcing or drugging answers that we'd want to hear but not what we need to know among other things...
>> No. 16548
[X] Continue 'befriending' the rabbit with food.
[X] Attempt small talk, "If you like you can tell me what would you prefer to eat rather than me randomly guessing.
>> No. 16552
File 124487783215.jpg- (41.26KB , 800x800 , Delicious Cake.jpg ) [iqdb]
16552
>Not better than those cream-filled pastries though, but still it looks like a godsend. If only you could get it...

[x] Search for a recipe on the PDA: "Mille-feuille"
[x] Continue 'befriending' the rabbit with food.
[x] Use a reward system to ensure she eats the less tasty but more nutritive foods: If she eats everything on her plate, she will additionally receive delicious cake.

Non-compliance with this nutrification protocol will inevitably result in your disposal.
>> No. 16555
>>16552
>>16548

Secon'd.
>> No. 16557
[x] Search for a recipe on the PDA: "Mille-feuille"
[x] Continue 'befriending' the rabbit with food.
[x] Use a reward system to ensure she eats the less tasty but more nutritive foods: If she eats everything on her plate, she will additionally receive delicious cake.
>> No. 16558
[x] Search for a recipe on the PDA: "Mille-feuille"
[x] Continue 'befriending' the rabbit with food.
[x] Use a reward system to ensure she eats the less tasty but more nutritive foods: If she eats everything on her plate, she will additionally receive delicious cake.
>> No. 16559
[x] Search for a recipe on the PDA: "Mille-feuille"
[x] Continue 'befriending' the rabbit with food.
[x] Use a reward system to ensure she eats the less tasty but more nutritive foods: If she eats everything on her plate, she will additionally receive delicious cake.
>> No. 16560
File 124491944070.jpg- (374.66KB , 1060x838 , touhou cake.jpg ) [iqdb]
16560
Well, writing now. Was away earlier. New thread maybe.
>> No. 16562
>>16560

hooray
>> No. 16563
>>16560
oh god mokou.
>> No. 16564
File 124492935672.jpg- (300.00KB , 640x480 , 1244486712384.jpg ) [iqdb]
16564
>>16563
>> No. 16596
[x] Continue 'befriending' the rabbit with food

Needless to say that given these circumstances, this would probably be the best choice.


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x