-  [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return][Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject  (Reply to 15012)
Message
Captcha
File
Password (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM, WEBP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 12385581037.jpg - (259.56KB, 550x413, bamboo-forest-kyoto.jpg) [iqdb]
15012No. 15012
(This is a short, Eientei centric WuiG style adventure.)

You wake up, opening your eyes to bamboo above you. This is odd since the last thing you remember is sitting at your computer, then nothing. Did you fall asleep waiting for a download to finish? Are you sleeping now? You pinch yourself. It hurts.

You sit up, and all you can see is bamboo in every direction.

What do you do?
Expand all images
>>No. 15013
[x] Get your bearings.
[x] Check Inventory.
>>No. 15014
[x] Get your bearings.
[x] Check Inventory.

/eientei/ could use some action right now.
>>No. 15015
[x] "...goddamnit Yukari."
[x] Check Inventory.
[x] Carefully look around.
>>No. 15016
[x] Get your bearings.
[x] Check Inventory.
>>No. 15017
[x] Get your bearings.
[x] Check Inventory.
>>No. 15018
You stand up and look around you, trying to get your bearings, but with nothing but indistinguishable bamboo in every direction, you're lost. There isn't even a landmark to go by. You do hear the sound of running water coming from one direction. You take a step towards the noise and trip at something at your feet. A medium sized messenger bag. you take the opportunity to rifle through it and pat yourself down.

Inventory:
A pocket knife of questionable legality. Has been by your side since long ago.
A pocketwatch that tells the time. Needs to be wound every few hours.
A pouch full of coins. mostly copper, but there are a few silver, and one gold.
A Zippo lighter. You gave up smoking at the insistence of your sister a few years ago, but you still keep the lighter on you for luck.
A simple first aid kit. This should help if you get a minor cut, but not much else.
A spare pair of socks. they're even in your size.
A Messenger bag. Even with the stuff in it, it has plenty of room to spare.
A single set of clothes. Your wearing these. A simple t shirt and pair of jeans.
A pair of boots. Well worn. they fit you just right.
A black leather jacket. keeps you nice and warm, as well as protected from the elements.

"Well, at least I won't be completely naked out here." You mumble to yourself as you pick up and shoulder the bag.

A thought occurs to you about something you saw on the internet about abductions that start this way and you mutter a quick "...goddammit, Yukari."

Traits:
Vague Gensokyan familiarity: You have a vague knowledge of the land of Gensokyo, and can recognize some characters on sight. Deeper knowledge such as motivations and history, however, are a mystery to you.

Boy scout preparedness: You are mindful of what you keep on you, and as such, can check your inventory at any time.

[] Head towards the noise
[] Head away from the noise
[] Something else?
>>No. 15019
>>15018

[x] Head in the direction of the sound of running water.
>>No. 15020
[X] Head towards the noise
[X] Keep an eye out if any man-eating youkai (we know that much at least, right?) are stalking you
>>No. 15021
You head in the direction of the running water until you reach a stream cutting through the bamboo forest.

You can swear your being watched as you move.

You kneel down and take a drink of the pure water and catch a glimpse of movement out of the corner of your eye... and its pink?

[] What do you do?
>>No. 15022
[x] Calm yourself. Whatever's out there might not be hospitable so you need to keep your nerves in check.
>>No. 15023
[x] Calm yourself. Whatever's out there might not be hospitable so you need to keep your nerves in check.
>>No. 15024
[x] Calm yourself. Whatever's out there might not be hospitable so you need to keep your nerves in check.
>>No. 15025
File 123856561151.jpg - (309.59KB, 1500x1100, toodark.jpg) [iqdb]
15025
You calm yourself. Whatever is out there, could be dangerous. You don't want to show fear. You take another sip of water.

No, its definitely watching you. you can see it in the waters reflection. it looks like a young girl. You look up, making eye contact with a strange dark haired girl with bunny ears peeking from behind a tree. She mouths one short word to you before disappearing herself.

"Hey, wh-" You call out to the girl, only to be interrupted by another voice.

"How strange, What do we have here?
A human who knows no fear.
Even while lost in the woods,
Doesn't he know he'll soon be food?"

You wince. The tone of voice gives you chills. The voice sings out, clear as a bell, from above you and behind you. It sends a chill down your spine. You slowly turn to look, Keeping calm, resisting the urge to panic.

You see a girl sitting alight a bent stalk of bamboo, looking down at you with a menacing grin on her face.

[] Try to talk to the girl.
-[] What do you say.
[] Ready your knife.
[] Run.
-[]Which direction? back the way you came, or cross the stream?
>>No. 15026
[x] Try to talk to the girl.
-[x] "All things die eventually. If it is my time to die, why show fear?"
>>No. 15027
[X] Try to talk to the girl.
-[X] "Is that so~?"
>>No. 15028
[x] Try to talk to the girl.
-[x] "All things die eventually. If it is my time to die, why show fear?"
>>No. 15029
[x] Try to talk to the girl.
-[x] "All things die eventually. If it is my time to die, why show fear?"

how badass
>>No. 15030
You swallow your fear and calmly address the girl. You can barely make her out. When did it get so damned dark, anyways?
"All things die eventually. If it is my time to die, why show fear?"
Silence. The girl is still on her branch for a moment.
"You are an odd one... Not like normal humans. Ah! Are you an outsider?"
>>No. 15031
((Psst. That's your cue. what do you say in response? Last one for tonight, unless I get a load of votes.))
>>No. 15032
[X] "Depends. Which answer gets me not eaten?"
[X] Smile.
>>No. 15033
[X] "Depends. Which answer gets me not eaten?"
[X] Smile.

May back fire but what the hell.
>>No. 15034
[x] Just walk away singing "Alouette"

Skylark, I shall pluck your head, beak, neck, back, wings, legs, and tail, in that order.
>>No. 15035
[x] Just walk away singing "Alouette"
>>No. 15036
[X] "I'm outside all sorts of things. People. Ideas. Institutions, of should-haves and shouldn'ts. I'm the third man, neither looking in or out over the windowsill, but trapped inside the walls, along the plaster and the stuffing and the pieces of wood that hold it all together."
[X] "But how about you? How about you? Which 'us' are you belonging to?"
>>No. 15061
(Hmm. got a bit of a tie on this one. I'll wait till its broken.)
>>No. 15062
[x] Just walk away singing "Alouette"
>>No. 15063
You smile at the girl. Then turn and begin to walk away.
"Alouette, gentille alouette," you begin
"Eh? Eeeeh? Are you ignoring me?" The girl asks.
"Alouette, je te plumerai." You reply, singing the old song and leaving the girl in your trail.

Not for long however. You're sure she follows you, listening to your singing. She's close, not more than a step behind.

[] What do you do now?
>>No. 15064
[x] Keep singing. With all your heart and soul.
>>No. 15065
[x] Keep singing. With all your heart and soul.
>>No. 15070
[x] Leave a pause where appropriate and cup your ear in expectation; stop walking and don't continue unless you hear she repeats the refrain.
>>No. 15071
{X} Keep singing. With all your heart and soul.
>>No. 15072
File 123865595079.png - (219.39KB, 317x350, mystiasings.png) [iqdb]
15072
You continue singing with gusto.

"Alouette, gentille Alouette
Alouette je te plumerai
Alouette, gentille Alouette
Alouette je te plumerai
Je te plumerai la tete
Je te plumerai la tete
Et la tte, et la tete
Alouette, Alouette"

She continues to follow you with a curious look on her face as you go through the second round of the song. By the third round, she's walking right next to you, humming along with the tune. By the fourth go, she's joined in completely, singing along with a happy smile.

She interrupts you and steps in front of you, stopping you in your tracks before you can go for a fifth.
"Hey, hey. I won't eat you." She says. "My name is Mystia Lorelei. Are you hungry?"

[] Your response?
And if you introduce yourself, you can choose a name, but I'm more than willing to use Anon Neemus with some GM handwaving whenever it comes up.
>>No. 15073
[X] "Hungry for what?"
>>No. 15075
[x] "Oh I've got a healthy appetite for many things. What are you offering?"

How silly~
>>No. 15076
You don't have to follow my specific wording with my votes, since sometimes I can be bad with them.

[X] "Hm? Certainly. Where would we find some?"
[X] "My name is [static]. A pleasure to meet such a beautiful singer."
[X] While we head off to wherever she wishes to take us, talk to her about where you might be, why she has wings (is that even unusual for us?), and so on. Feel free to toss in French words at random.
>>No. 15077
>>15076
>"My name is [static].
This Anon is Welsh?

[~] "Hm? Certainly. Where would we find some?"
[z] "My name is Jean. Jean Deauxe. A pleasure to meet such a beautiful singer."
[e] While we head off to wherever she wishes to take us, talk to her about where you might be, why she has wings (is that even unusual for us?), and so on. Feel free to toss in French words at random.
>>No. 15078
{X} "Hm? Certainly. Where would we find some?"
{X} "My name is Jean. Jean Deauxe. A pleasure to meet such a beautiful singer."
{X} While we head off to wherever she wishes to take us, talk to her about where you might be, why she has wings (is that even unusual for us?), and so on. Feel free to toss in French words at random.
>>No. 15079
[x] "After a rendition of that song, who wouldn't be?"
[x] "My name is Jean. Jean Deauxe. A pleasure to meet such a beautiful singer."
[x] While we head off to wherever she wishes to take us, talk to her about where you might be, why she has wings (is that even unusual for us?), and so on. Feel free to toss in French words at random.

What's a man like me supposed to do with all this extra savoir faire?
>>No. 15087
File 123866594647.jpg - (227.61KB, 700x700, cuteears.jpg) [iqdb]
15087
"My name is Jean. Jean Deauxe. A pleasure to meet such a beautiful singer." She blushes a bit at the compliment.
"After a rendition of that song, who wouldn't be? Where can we find some food?"
"My stand! I'll grill you up some lamprey as thanks for the new song!" she says happily. "Say, do you have any more songs you could teach me?"
"Hmm. I might." You reply, then glance around at your surroundings.
"Say, Where are we?"
"Oh. the bamboo forest of the lost. Don't worry, I'll lead you out." she says.
"Oh, um.. Where might that be?"
"... Gensokyo." she says, giving you an odd look.
"Ah. Thank you, mon chere." Odd, speaking french never required so much effort on your part before. Its almost as if you had to force the words to come out that way. In fact, this whole place seems a little off... including your new friend. You were too busy staying calm earlier to really look her over before, but you can glance over now. You see her wings and... and her oh so cute, yet entirely non human ears.
"Um... This might be a strange question, but.. Why do you have wings?"
"Ah! You are from the outside! I'm a youkai. a night sparrow! Don't worry, Jean. I'll look after you, I promise!" she offers with a smile.

[] Response?

((With all the french, and the fearless and the suave, I keep picturing Gambit. Last update for tonight. ))
>>No. 15091
[x] "I feel much safer in the company of a beautiful lady."
>>No. 15096
>>With all the french, and the fearless and the suave, I keep picturing Gambit.

FUCK YES.
>>No. 15097
[x] "I feel much safer in the company of a beautiful lady."
>>No. 15099
>>[ ] "I feel much safer in the company of a beautiful lady."

This doesn't make much sense.

[x] "Merci, mademoiselle. I feel far more at ease in the company of a beautiful lady."
>>No. 15100
[x] "Merci, mademoiselle. I feel far more at ease in the company of a beautiful lady."
>>No. 15101
I hope people show up in time to change their votes before the next part gets written... the latter write-in really does make more sense. Plus, more French = better.
>>No. 15102
[x] "Merci, mademoiselle. I feel far more at ease in the company of a beautiful lady."
>>No. 15103
[x] "Merci, mademoiselle. I feel far more at ease in the company of a beautiful lady."
>>No. 15104
x] "Merci, mademoiselle. I feel far more at ease in the company of a beautiful lady."
>>No. 15105
>>15101
>>15102
>>15103
>>15104

Hey, wishes do come true!
Unless it's just votespam...
>>No. 15106
>>15105

Don't see why it'd be votespam.

I deleted the first vote cause the next write-in made a bit more sense.
>>No. 15119
[x] "Merci, mademoiselle. I feel far more at ease in the company of a beautiful lady."
>>No. 15120
"Merci, mademoiselle. I feel far more at ease in the company of a beautiful lady." You say. There it is again. That feeling where you have to force the words to come out french as you say them. Mystia smiles at you and nods.
"But you have to be careful too! Things here will eat you." she says in all seriousness. "You didn't even see that wild youkai back at the stream, did you?"
"A wild youkai?" As you walk through the forest, it seems to be getting thinner and thinner.
"Mmm hmm! Most youkai wouldn't think twice about eating a human. You're lucky I don't do that anymore." She says with a sad look on her face, but only for a moment as she changes the subject.
"Hey, hey. What's that language you keep speaking? it sounds so... Poetic."


[] Response? And if you have any questions or comments for Mystia, now would be the time to ask.

Also, does jean have a cajun accent?
>>No. 15121
>>15120

>Also, does jean have a cajun accent?
Yes. And you look like Gambit.
>>No. 15123
[x] "Tis French. On my world it's known as the language of romance."
[x] "So what exactly is this world like, mademoiselle Lorelei?"
>>No. 15127
File 123873113083.jpg - (322.46KB, 1024x768, pepelepew-wallpaper.jpg) [iqdb]
15127
[x] "Le Français. On my world it's known as the language of romance."
[x] "So what exactly is this world like, Mlle. Lorelei?"


>Also, does jean have a cajun accent?

No.

You say Gambit, I say Pepé Le Pew.
>>No. 15128
[x] "Tis French. On my world it's known as the language of romance."
[x] "So what exactly is this world like, mademoiselle Lorelei?"
>>No. 15131
[x] "Le Français. On my world it's known as the language of romance."
[x] "So what exactly is this world like, mademoiselle Lorelei?"

>>Odd, speaking french never required so much effort on your part before. Its almost as if you had to force the words to come out that way.

This is probably due to the fact that we are, in fact, speaking Japanese, having had our linguistics skills warped upon entering Gensokyo like most CYOA protagonists.

In other words: GOD DAMMIT YUKARI!
>>No. 15133
[x] "Le Français. On my world it's known as the language of romance."
[x] "So what exactly is this world like, mademoiselle Lorelei?"

Yes to cajun accent.
>>No. 15135
[x] "Le Français. On my world it's known as the language of romance."
[x] "So what exactly is this world like, mademoiselle Lorelei?"

Changing vote.
>>No. 15136
[x] "Le Français. On my world it's known as the language of romance."
[x] "So what exactly is this world like, mademoiselle Lorelei?"
>>No. 15137
And then Jean was Cajunonymous.


...And there was much rejoicing.
>>No. 15138
File 123873395096.png - (265.29KB, 600x450, Talons.png) [iqdb]
15138
"Tis French. On my world it's known as the language of romance." you say.
"Oh... You have a whole language for romance?"
"That we do, mon chere. that we do. "
"I can't wait to learn more!" she says.
"So what exactly is this world like, Mademoiselle Lorelei?" You ask her as she leads you on.
"Eh? Umm..." she says, putting a finger to her chin as she thinks about your question. "Well, there are Youkai, and Humans, and Tengu and Kappa... and we all fight with danmaku. Well, except the humans. They're too afraid of being eaten to come out and play much. How about you? what is your world like?"
"Um. Well its--"
She interrupts you by grabbing your hand suddenly and forcing you to a stop. She then pulls you behind a dense thicket nearby.
"Myst--"she shushes you by putting a finger to your lips, and saying "shhh." quietly. You can't help but notice the wicked sharp fingernail topping it as it gently touches the tip of your nose. You also can't help but notice how close she is hiding with you under this foilage.

[] Protest this. Whatever is out there, you'll face it head on.
[] Trust her.
[] ((Something else is always an option. sometimes, its the only option. in that case, what do you do?))
>>No. 15139
[] Trust her.
>>No. 15140
[x] Trust her.
>>No. 15141
[x] Trust her.
>>No. 15142
>>15131
You could say that whenever you speak french, its like your pushing the language over some sort of border.

>>15133
>>15136
>>15135
Damnit. That is a simple language change that would have added a lot to the character. Sorry I missed it. I'll try to make it up to you guys in the future.
>>No. 15143
[x] Trust her.
>>No. 15144
>>15137
http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=gog&media=MP3S&type=Movies&movie=Waterboy"e=runsprints.txt&file=runsprints.mp3
http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=gog&media=MP3S&type=Movies&movie=Waterboy"e=welivetoplayanotherday.txt&file=welivetoplayanotherday.mp3

Update soon.
>>No. 15145
[x] Trust her.

vote for the sake of it.
>>No. 15147
File 123873991855.jpg - (925.93KB, 1186x1100, ruffle that head.jpg) [iqdb]
15147
You decide to trust her as she holds both herself and you down under cover. After a few minutes, you start to wonder what's going on. Then the world shakes around you.
A few seconds later, it happens again. Harder this time.
By the third time it happens, you figure out what this is. Footsteps. Massive footsteps and you can only hope that you and Mystia won't be caught underfoot.
They progressively get louder. The earthshaking more violent, until you can swear the next one will be right on top of you. The trembling in your chest is getting wor-- wait, that's not you, that's her. You look down to see Mystia trembling and looking up at you with fear in her eyes. You don't even have to think twice about putting an arm around her as you hold her close.
This time, the vibrations almost send you falling to the ground. You grab ahold of a bamboo tree to steady yourself.
The next one is just as bad, but the one after seems seems to be distancing itself from you. You count two more of the earth shattering footsteps before they stop.
A loud screeching roar screams through the forest and scrambles your head. You both are sent scrambling to cover your ears as the metallic sounding cry threatens to deafen you.
Then the footsteps again. Going away. The both of you wait. Wait until you can no longer feel the vibrations.
"Zut alors" you mutter.
"W-what was that?"
"You mean you don't know, mon chere?"
"Uh-uh." She says, then blushes, realizing just how closely you are holding her. "Eheh. Um... Oh! My stand!" she says, gently pulling away from you then moving from under cover.
After all of this... Something still doesn't feel right to you. You still feel tense. It might just be the adrenaline still, or something could be watching you.


[] Follow Mystia
-[] What do you say after something like that?
[] Take a moment for yourself.
[] Take Mystia's hand and start running.
[] Something else option.
>>No. 15149
[x] Take Mystia's hand and start running.

Le shit!
>>No. 15153
[] Follow Mystia
[] "i think something is watching us"
>>No. 15155
[z] Take Mystia's hand.
[e] "Wait!" Go back under cover.
[07] "Somehow, Something Doesn't Look Right..."

No cajun? Don't worry. It just means we fight with a rapier and a pistol rather than a staff and exploding cards.

Less mutant, more musketeer.
>>No. 15159
[x] Take Mystia's hand and start running.
>>No. 15160
[x] Follow Mystia
[x] Keep your hand on the knife in your pocket. Be ready to react.

>>fight with a rapier and a pistol rather than a staff and exploding cards. Less mutant, more musketeer.

I can get behind this.
>>No. 15166
[x] Take Mystia's hand.
[x] "Wait!" Go back under cover.
[x] "Somehow, Something Doesn't Look Right..."
>>No. 15167
[x] Take Mystia's hand.
[x] "Wait!" Go back under cover.
[x] "Somehow, Something Doesn't Look Right..."
>>No. 15176
[x] Take Mystia's hand.
[x] "Wait!" Go back under cover.
[x] "Somehow, Something Doesn't Look Right..."
>>No. 15187
[x] Take Mystia's hand.
[x] "Wait!" Go back under cover.
[x] "Somehow, Something Doesn't Look Right..."
>>No. 15190
sorry, No updates today. I had a small family emergency.

I'll endeavor to update tomorrow.
>>No. 15199
At the risk of sounding like a uptight frenchfag, I have to say you're doing the French slightly wrong.

Since we're addressing Mystia, a decidedly female person, we would call her "Ma chere." Mon is masculine and is directed to other males. But hey, you got the chere part right :D
>>No. 15203
>>15199
Ah, thank you. if you spot any more glaring errors, do let me know. I'm going off of what I remember from my high school french class that I slept through most the time.

>>15155
Well, He's Cajun. I just have to figure out how to write a cajun accent. Its not something I'm familiar with so I'll be integrating it slowly. Apologies.

>>15190
I can update once tonight, then probably a bit more tomorrow. expect update soonishness.
>>No. 15206
Before Mystia can get too far, You grab her hand.
"Wait!" You say, pulling her back into cover with you.
"Eh?" She asks you, a confused look on her face.
"Somehow, Someting Don' Look Right..." You say, looking around into the brush around you. Then you see them.
Eyes. Red eyes peering out at you from under the brush. More than you have the time and inclination to count.
Mystia gasps beside you, then takes the initiative. She raises her free hand out toward the brush, a card held between the index and middle fingers.
"Toxic Sign! 『Poisonous Moth's Scales!』" She cries out.
The forest suddenly fills with light as colored orbs fly out from Mystia into the underbrush.
"What was that, Ma chere?" you ask, stunned and a little blinded by the light show.
"Danmaku. It'll stun em but it won't stop em. Come on!" she says, pulling on your arm.

[] Go with her.
[] Take the opportunity to attack.
>>No. 15208
[X] Go with her.
>>No. 15209
[] Go with her.
>>No. 15211
[x] Take the opportunity to attack.

are we feeling lucky today
>>No. 15212
[X] Go with her.
>>No. 15218
[x] Go with her.
[x] Oh, look. Big, pointy branch lying here. Looks like it can do some damage. Let's take it with us, just in case.
>>No. 15224
{X} Go with her.
>>No. 15225
[x] Go with her.
>>No. 15242
[ze] Go with her.
>>No. 15294
Updates?
>>No. 15314
You grab a broken bamboo branch nearby and decide to go with her, and suddenly, you both are running. Well, more like she's dragging you, really. She's stronger than she looks as she leads you through the forest.
Loud noises behind you draw your attention backwards momentarily to see something rather large crashing through the woods behind you.
"Pay attention!" Mystia says, pulling you away from the tree you were about to run into. "We're almost clear."

The two of you burst through the edge of the bamboo forest and are greeted by the sight of a walled village in front of you. Smoke rises from somewhere within. People fly around in a panic, and it seems like there are little green creatures assaulting the walls with axes.

"Wait. people flyin?" you think to yourself as you gawk, but you're pulled away, up into the air towards the closest flying... hovering... floating person. Mystia seems to do this quite effortlessly as she just hoists you along by the hand.
"Wriggle! Hey Wriggle!" Mystia calls to the flying, green haired person closest to you.
"Hey Mystia! something strange is going on! Those wierd green things are attacking the human village and Cirno is getting a lot of fairies and... and who's that?" The girl asks, her voice giving away her gender as she asks about you.
"This is Jean! I met him in the forest. Strange things happened to us too! We just almost got stepped on by something big. then we were chased by a bunch of strange... things!" Mystia says, raising you up to their level.

[] Introduce yourself?
>>No. 15315
sorry, 'bout that. you know how it is with small family issues. they often spiral into larger ones.

Anyways, just to let y'all know, I expect to keep an updating schedule of at least 3 updates a day, 4 nights a week if I can, and apologies if I miss a day or 3 every so often.
>>No. 15325
File 123928903677.jpg - (67.75KB, 513x372, jean moulin cross of lorraine.jpg) [iqdb]
15325
[x] "Jean Deauxe, man of mild manners, and messieurs, it seems we are at War, but fear not, for I served as a légionnaire of the rank adjutant. With my aid, we shall yet rout these barbarians from this land."
[ ] "Wriggle, ma viridian choupinette, I'm deputizing you to corporal. Misty, ma petite Alouette you will be my sergeant."
[x] "Wriggle, you said this 'Cirno' was amassing forces for a counterattack? Where? Take me there. Sergeant, I need you to scout the enemy's position and number from the air, and report back to the staging point; do not engage."
[x] "Vive la Résistance!"

ROW ROW FIGHT LE POWER
>>No. 15328
From the looks of it, we're starting to get some rather large youkai in this story. Nice.

[x] "Jean Deauxe, man of mild manners, and messieurs, it seems we are at War, but fear not, for I served as a légionnaire of the rank adjutant. With my aid, we shall yet rout these barbarians from this land."
[X] "Wriggle, ma viridian choupinette, I'm deputizing you to corporal. Misty, ma petite Alouette you will be my sergeant."
[x] "Wriggle, you said this 'Cirno' was amassing forces for a counterattack? Where? Take me there. Sergeant, I need you to scout the enemy's position and number from the air, and report back to the staging point; do not engage."
[x] "Vive la Résistance!"

Hilarious write-in is awesome.
>>No. 15332
[x] "Jean Deauxe, man of mild manners, and messieurs, it seems we are at War, but fear not, for I served as a légionnaire of the rank adjutant. With my aid, we shall yet rout these barbarians from this land."
[ ] "Wriggle, ma viridian choupinette, I'm deputizing you to corporal. Misty, ma petite Alouette you will be my sergeant."
[x] "Wriggle, you said this 'Cirno' was amassing forces for a counterattack? Where? Take me there. Sergeant, I need you to scout the enemy's position and number from the air, and report back to the staging point; do not engage."
[x] "Vive la Résistance!"
>>No. 15333
[x] "Jean Deauxe, man of mild manners, and messieurs, it seems we are at War, but fear not, for I served as a légionnaire of the rank adjutant. With my aid, we shall yet rout these barbarians from this land."
[x] "Wriggle, ma viridian choupinette, I'm deputizing you to corporal. Misty, ma petite Alouette you will be my sergeant."
[x] "Wriggle, you said this 'Cirno' was amassing forces for a counterattack? Where? Take me there. Sergeant, I need you to scout the enemy's position and number from the air, and report back to the staging point; do not engage."
[x] "Vive la Résistance!"
>>No. 15340
[d] "Jean Deauxe, man of mild manners, and messieurs, it seems we are at War, but fear not, for I served as a légionnaire of the rank adjutant. With my aid, we shall yet rout these barbarians from this land."
[a] "Wriggle, ma viridian choupinette, I'm deputizing you to corporal. Misty, ma petite Alouette you will be my sergeant."
[z] "Wriggle, you said this 'Cirno' was amassing forces for a counterattack? Where? Take me there. Sergeant, I need you to scout the enemy's position and number from the air, and report back to the staging point; do not engage."
[e] "Vive la Résistance!"

I love how this is turning out. This story is partially filling the void left in me by PaperBoy's miserable Australian ass not updating.
>>No. 15423
>[x] "Jean Deauxe, man of mild manners, and messieurs, it seems we are at War, but fear not, for I served as a légionnaire of the rank adjutant. With my aid, we shall yet rout these barbarians from this land."
>[x] "Wriggle, ma viridian choupinette, I'm deputizing you to corporal. Misty, ma petite Alouette you will be my sergeant."
>[x] "Wriggle, you said this 'Cirno' was amassing forces for a counterattack? Where? Take me there. Sergeant, I need you to scout the enemy's position and number from the air, and report back to the staging point; do not engage."
>[x] "Vive la Résistance!"

Hehe. I'll update just as soon as I figure out where exactly we're going with this. Wasn't really expecting you to throw me a curve ball.
>>No. 15466
File 123959010258.jpg - (387.54KB, 960x960, wriggle.jpg) [iqdb]
15466
"Jean Deauxe, man of mild manners, and messieurs, it seems we are at War, but fear not, for I served as a légionnaire of the rank adjutant. With my aid, we shall yet rout these barbarians from this land."
"Served as a what?" Wriggle asks, giving you a look of confusion.
"He's speaking French. Isn't it a pretty language? He taught me to sing a song in it." Mystia replies. You continue on with your explanation.
"It's like an army, In english it would translate to a senior officer." You explain. "So Wriggle, ma viridian choupinette, I'm deputizing you to corporal. Misty, ma petite Alouette you will be my sergeant."
"You want us to fight to save the humans?" Wriggle asks.
"It does not look like they will last long at this rate." You gesture down to the assault on the walls.
"We should help them." Mystia says. "Remember what Mokou told us."
"Yeah... Ok. What do you want us to do?" Wriggle asks you.
"Wriggle, you said this 'Cirno' was amassing forces for a counterattack? Where? Take me there. Sergeant, I need you to scout the enemy's position and number from the air, and report back to the staging point; do not engage."
"Cirno's getting her group together over by your stand, Mystia." Wriggle says, gesturing in the vague direction.
"Ok. We'll meet up there." Mystia says, handing you off to Wriggle. "Be careful with him."
"I won't let anything bad happen to him." Wriggle promises.
"I shall see you soon, ma chere." you say to Mystia who gives you a happy smile in return.
"Come on then." Wriggle says, Flying away with you. You shout "Vive la Résistance!" as you fly away. Mystia waves and turns to her own task at hand.

Wriggle keeps a tight grip on your arm as she flies low over the forest. The look on her face says she has something on her mind. She allows you to fly in silence for some ways, before suddenly bursting out and asking,
"Why's Mystia taken such an interest in you, human?"

[?] ? How do you respond to wriggle? Your answer may save your life.
>>No. 15476
[x] "Fate, caporal, she is a funny thing. When two people meet at the right place at the right time, well, what more needs to be said?"
[x] "You feel it too, no?"
[x] "How else would I have met such a pretty rose like yourself?"
[x] Smile sincerely
>>No. 15489
[x] "Fate, caporal, she is a funny thing. When two people meet at the right place at the right time, well, what more needs to be said?"
[x] "You feel it too, no?"
[x] "How else would I have met such a pretty rose like yourself?"
[x] Smile sincerely
>>No. 15507
[x] "Je ne sais pas? Could be my rugged features, my exotic accent, my joie de vivre, or perhaps just another case of coup de foudre. Fate, caporal, she is a fickle mistress."
[x] "And while Fate control the hearts of men, it is Will alone who commands the battlefield; we must make haste, compagne. Allez!"

>Your answer may save your life.

Flirting after being asked about another's relationship with you would be a faux pas, Man of Mild Manners.
>>No. 15517
[x] "Je ne sais pas? Could be my rugged features, my exotic accent, my joie de vivre, or perhaps just another case of coup de foudre. Fate, caporal, she is a fickle mistress."
[x] "And while Fate control the hearts of men, it is Will alone who commands the battlefield; we must make haste, compagne. Allez!"
>>No. 15531
>>15507
We are just saying she is beautiful, no?

Frankly I wouldn't even try flirting or annoying her when she could drop me at any instant. I'd rather compliment her than be full of myself. We are talking about her friend; I'd find this new write-in vaguely insulting.
>>No. 15532
>>15531

I concur, lets try toning down the egotism a bit, and try focusing more on the situation at hand. We can at least compliment her when it's appropriate and not too flamboyant. Although Mystia may have taken a shine to it, even she's bound to get annoyed if it's "a bit" overbearing...
>>No. 15543
[x] "Fate, caporal, she is a funny thing. When two people meet at the right place at the right time, well, what more needs to be said?"
[x] "And while Fate control the hearts of men, it is Will alone who commands the battlefield; we must make haste, compagne. Allez!"

Gattai-ing but half-unsure.

>>15531
>>15532
Samefag; morally, if not in actuality.
>>No. 15545
Not the samefag but perhaps similar train of thought with the other. Maybe I ought to make a tripcode for myself soon...

Think of it as "dating tips", some women do eat this shit up; heck in this cyoa Mystia borderlines those kind of women. However I've yet to hear or see one that would willingly accept such behavior for long, extensive periods of time unless she is broken, super clingy, or just mindless. I highly doubt Mystia's any of those.

With that explanation out of the way, your suggestion's actually good imo...

[x] "Fate, caporal, she is a funny thing. When two people meet at the right place at the right time, well, what more needs to be said?"
[x] "And while Fate control the hearts of men, it is Will alone who commands the battlefield; we must make haste, compagne. Allez!"
>>No. 15651
Updates?
>>No. 15712
Please don't forget this! ;_;
>>No. 17110
Hey, Storyteller!0NtIBEwMj

Please continue this. I really liked it.
And if you won't, kindly have the decency to tell us so, and why.
>>No. 17178
"Je ne sais pas? Could be my rugged features, my exotic accent, my joie de vivre, or perhaps just another case of coup de foudre. Fate, caporal, she is a fickle mistress. And while Fate control the hearts of men, it is Will alone who commands the battlefield; we must make haste, compagne. Allez!"
She scoffs, but she does fly faster. You don't have a good angle to read her face, so you just watch the surroundings wiz on by you.

Soon enough, you spot a clearing in the woods ahead, with a small group gathering. the largest among them seems to be organizing them and doesn't notice your approach.
Wriggle drops down close enough to drop you to the ground without injury, though it is still a jarring landing. She swoops down to land next to you herself.

"Cirno." She calls out, then shouts "Cirno!" finally getting the blue crystal winged leaders attention.
"Eh? Wriggle!" The one named Cirno calls back. "There's all these strange critters goin 'round! Have you seen them?"
"Yeah, they're at the town right now, apparently." Wriggle replies, shrugging her shoulders in your direction.
"Huh? who's this?" Cirno asks.
"Mada-" Your introduction is cut short by Wriggle.
"Some outsider Mystia found named Jean. He talks. Alot." she says that last bit in a stage whisper. "Mystia seems to like him."
"Huh. Looks kinda runty." Cirno replies looking you over.

Please excuse my absence, and any errors in my posts until I get my groove back. I make no excuses for my departure, A catastrophic computer failure destroyed my notes for this when windows decided my c: drive partition would spontaneously cease to exist, and I haven't been motivated to get back to it until now.
>>No. 17179
Like this error for one.

[]? What is your response to Wriggle and Cirno's sizing you up?
>>No. 17183
Long time no see~!

How have you been..?

saging myself as it does not contribute to thread; will vote soon as I get back!
>>No. 17216
Oh god yes, yes, YES.
I'm as gleeful as a schoolgirl~

Thank you, Storyteller!
>>No. 17220
[x] Light a thin cigarette and blow smoke in the fairy's face. "'Runty'?" Snort. "J'accuse, la fee bleu! I am French, fier de l'être! Furthermore, I find your wings stubby and aerodynamically unsound!"
[x] Pose, sneer, curse, chain-smoke. "Merde. How am I to mount an effective résistance with Jacques Bonhomme as my partisan? Insouciantes! This is war! I have no time for posturing or social thumbscrews; do you have the capacity and manpower to mount a counteroffensive or was the intelligence I received totally inaccurate?"
>>No. 17227
>>17220
Hold on. Are you the Anon who wrote the other good French writeins? This doesn't quite sound like them.
>>No. 17230
>>17220

Imposter!

Jean is no smoker nor a stereotypical (cajun last I remember) and here's the proof from the beginning~!

>A Zippo lighter. You gave up smoking at the insistence of your sister a few years ago, but you still keep the lighter on you for luck.

Sadly I can not write french to fit the man within the story...
>>No. 17231
File 12494439967.jpg - (58.82KB, 189x360, 479.jpg) [iqdb]
17231
Gentlemen, meet Jean.
>>No. 17233
[x] "Given the circumstances, and the icy reception, it would seem that this is not the correct moment for plesantries, no? Our ennemis seem intent on not letting our relationship defrost right now.
[x] Show Cirno the respect befitting the cool, collected, and brilliant marshals of the Grand Armée
[x] Salute.
[x] "Commandante, what is our situation?"
[x] Be sure to let your pride as a légionnaire bleed through your conduct.
[x] "Je suis à votre disposition."

This is my stab at it. Thought about it for a while, and there's nothing to gain from antagonizing Cirno right now.
>>No. 17234
[x] "Given the circumstances, and the icy reception, it would seem that this is not the correct moment for plesantries, no? Our ennemis seem intent on not letting our relationship defrost right now.
[x] Show Cirno the respect befitting the cool, collected, and brilliant marshals of the Grand Armée
[x] Salute.
[x] "Commandante, what is our situation?"
[x] Be sure to let your pride as a légionnaire bleed through your conduct.
[x] "Je suis à votre disposition."
>>No. 17235
>>17231
So now I'm picturing Jean as a cajun who joined the french foreign legion.

But gentlemen, that legionnaire is a spy.
>>No. 17236
[x] "Given the circumstances, and the icy reception, it would seem that this is not the correct moment for plesantries, no? Our ennemis seem intent on not letting our relationship defrost right now.
[x] Show Cirno the respect befitting the cool, collected, and brilliant marshals of the Grand Armée
[x] Salute.
[x] "Commandante, what is our situation?"
[x] Be sure to let your pride as a légionnaire bleed through your conduct.
[x] "Je suis à votre disposition."

works for me!
>>No. 17253
[x] "Given the circumstances, and the icy reception, it would seem that this is not the correct moment for plesantries, no? Our ennemis seem intent on not letting our relationship defrost right now.
[x] Show Cirno the respect befitting the cool, collected, and brilliant marshals of the Grand Armée
[x] Salute.
[x] "Commandante, what is our situation?"
[x] Be sure to let your pride as a légionnaire bleed through your conduct.
[x] "Je suis à votre disposition."

Well, I'm glad I outed the derp anon.
>>No. 17264
File 124971019243.gif - (72.36KB, 600x463, Gendrome.gif) [iqdb]
17264
"Given the circumstances, and the icy reception, it would seem that this is not the correct moment for plesantries, no? Our ennemis seem intent on not letting our relationship defrost right now." You say in response to Cirno's sizing you up. She blinks at your salute, and you can tell she's mentally working over your words. Wriggle lets out a noice that could be either a chortle or a scoff.
Eventually Cirno lets out a chuckle. "Hah. I think I like him." She says to Wriggle.
"Commandante, what is our situation?" you ask
"Yeah, the town is being attacked, Cirno. You guys ready?" Wriggle asks the faeries.

They all shy away behind Cirno. The cuteness of it almost distracts you from the situation at hand.

"Ah. uh.. yeah." she says, then turns to the crew behind her. "Everybody ready?"

The fairies seem to be nervious and very shy, some responding with a quick, curt yes, most just nodding or saying nothing at all.

"Well, we're as ready as we'll ever be." Cirno replies, then turns to you. "Um... what's a common dont?"
"I think it means leader in the strange outsider language he speaks." Wriggle replies.
"Indeed it does, A commandante is someone of high rank. Like a general." you say, hoping to hurry this along somewhat.
"Ah!" Cirno says, her eyes lighting up at the thought. She turns to her assembled fairy company.
"From now on, you all call me the common dont!" she informs them. They all nod in solumn reply. It looks like Cirno is someone they all respect.

Just then, a strange cry interrupts your tactical meeting. from the brush into the clearing steps three large lizard creatures, making a kawwing noise.

The fairies rush behind Cirno and Wriggle, giving you an idea about how effective they will be in combat.

[] Suggest fighting these creatures as a warmup for whats to come?
[] Save your strength and retreat back to town.
[] Something else entirely?
>>No. 17265
>>17183
I'm good. Having reoccuring problems with my laptop which equaled a slight delay in getting this update to you, but other than that, good.
>>17231
Tell me, did anyone happen to kill a red faerie on the way to the base? No? Then we still have a problem.
>>17230
Its good because the last thing you want to do is blow smoke into the face of someone who can freeze the blood in your veins by staring at you too hard.

One small thing I'm having a problem with is working all the french into the story. I'm not a french speaker so It slows me down a bit. I'd like to ease it back just a bit.
>>No. 17266
>>17265

That or ask for translations to the statements
>>No. 17267
[x] "Seuls les chiens, they are not worth our time."
[x] Save your strength and retreat back to town.
>>No. 17271
>>17267
>>17270

>retreat
>French
Ah, stereotypes.
>>No. 17274
[] Suggest fighting these creatures as a warmup for whats to come?
>>No. 17275
[x] Suggest fighting these creatures as a warmup for whats to come?
>>No. 17276
>>17271
Even Napoleon fled
>>No. 17277
[ze] Suggest fighting these creatures as a warmup for whats to come?

Welcome to the battle tutorial.
>>No. 17284
[x] Suggest fighting these creatures as a warmup for whats to come?

After all that talk, retreating is disappointing. Unless it's to rally forces and push back.
>>No. 17295
File 124996313348.jpg - (33.08KB, 360x360, Bamboo_Pole.jpg) [iqdb]
17295
You grip tightly the bamboo pole, your souvenir from the wood you met the charming young Mystia in, and briefly consider going for your knife.

"Perhaps we shou--"

you are interrupted by an icicle spike the size and shape of a flagpole shooting past your head, impaling one of the lizards that had made a sudden jump for you from behind.

"Gah, slow!" Cirno cries, the fairies behind her leaping to action.

What happens next could only be described as a train wreck which decided to spontaneously burst out into a ballet dance. The largest of the creatures let out a series of barks and growls before leaping towards your group with its powerful legs, The smaller creatures beside it taking short hops to the sides in hopes of surrounding your group.

And then the air fills with magic. You can't even move from the sight of it, as patterns of glowing lights dance and twirl then slam into the monsters. The creatures do get knocked around and off their feet, but seem to be shrugging off any actual damage from the choreographed barrage.

"Gah! Don't use danmaku! Use real magic!" you hear Wriggle call out.
"Danmaku works too!" you hear Cirno call as she performs a coup de grace with another icicle. "Keeps em off their feet and blinded!"

One of the smaller creatures lands at your feet in a daze.

[] Pull yourself together and coup de grace the creature with a boot to the head.
[] pretty colors...
[] This pole of yours contains an awesome power. It is telling me to defeat you.
>>No. 17296
[X] This pole of yours contains an awesome power. It is telling me to defeat you.
>>No. 17297
[X] This pole of yours contains an awesome power. It is telling me to defeat you.
>>No. 17298
[x] This pole of yours contains an awesome power. It is telling me to defeat you.

The undefeated of the west?
>>No. 17299
[X] This pole of yours contains an awesome power. It is telling me to defeat you.
>>No. 17300
[X] This pole of yours contains an awesome power. It is telling me to defeat you.

Awesome time.
>>No. 17302
[x] This pole of yours contains an awesome power. It is telling me to defeat you.

>>17265

Pretty good though it amazes me how many writers seem to have computer problems and it seems to take them weeks or months before it's resolved; and I actually fix them which wouldn't take me more than a day unless I needed to replace a part.
>>No. 17305
[X] This pole of yours contains an awesome power. It is telling me to defeat you.
>>No. 17306
THE SCHOOL OF THE UNDEFEAT-OH FUCK WE'RE FRENCH
>>No. 17311
[X] Pull yourself together and coup de grace the creature with a boot to the head.

"Tu es fini!"
>>No. 17313
[ze] This pole of yours contains an awesome power. It is telling me to defeat you.

Yes.
>>No. 17374
[x] This story of yours contains an awesome power. It is telling me to ask you for updates.
>>No. 17395
Updates?
>>No. 17396
>>[X] This pole of yours glows with an awesome power...

you raise up your weapon to deliver a blow to the monster in front of you, and a thought strikes you. This pole, its not unlike a cannon, this is something you can use...

A hissing noise fills the air around you as the end of the bamboo tube begins to spark and spit out flames. Thinking quickly, you point it at the beast in front of you just as the bamboo pole in your arms goes off like a cannon.

The explosion blinds you, the recoil jars your arm and the back blast throws you off of your feet. It feels like a stick of dynamite just went off in front of you.

When you can see and hear again, you find yourself lying flat on your back, the shattered remains of the pole in your hand, and Cirno and Wriggle looking down at you.

"Ah. He's alive." Cirno says.
"What was that?" Wriggle asks you, offering you a hand up.

[?] Response?
>>No. 17397
[x] "That was my love, my anger, and all of my sorrow!"

Because it needs to be said if we've come this far.
>>No. 17399
[x] "That was my love, my anger, and all of my sorrow!"
>>No. 17400
[x] "That was my love, my anger, and all of my sorrow!"
>>No. 17401
"That was my love, my anger, and all of my sorrow!" you say, accepting Wriggles hand up.
"L-love?" Wriggle says, almost dropping you.
"Yes, I put my all into that attack." You say as you regain your footing, paying no mind to her sudden lack of strength.
"Ah, Mystia found a strong one." Cirno says "You're not so runty after all."
"I.. I suppose so." Wriggle says. She does sound impressed.

You look down at the bamboo pole you've been carrying around with you. Its nothing but splinters now, and something tells you that you shouldn't do that again without some sort of cover. Or a stronger pole. Maybe its the slight scorch marks on your jacket sleeves, or maybe its the bamboo splinters that fall out of your hair, or maybe its the soot that Wriggle suddenly wipes off of your cheek with a piece of cloth. Your eyes meet hers as she does so and her own cheeks redden as she realizes just how close you are. She turns away suddenly with a cough.

"W-we should get going." Wriggle says.
"Yeah!" Cirno says, turning to her fairies. "Lets go save the humens!" she shouts, her Fairies begin to cheer as they circle their leader energetically.

After a moment they both turn two you. It looks like they are giving you a choice as to who carries you.

[] go with Wriggle
[] go with Cirno

(Cirno - saver of humens!)
>>No. 17402
[x] go with Cirno

After an attack like that, it's best to ride with the strongest.
>>No. 17404
[x] go with Wriggle
[x] Wriggle is soft...
>>No. 17405
[] go with Wriggle
>>No. 17407
[x] go with Wriggle
>>No. 17408
[X] Go with wriggle.

Between the two of them, you think you trust Wriggle to carry you without dropping you. You take a step towards her. Cirno nods.

"Don't you two lag behind too much. The fightin'll be over before you get there." she says, hopping into the air, leading her fairies towards the human village.

"Will it be ok with you to carry me?" You ask.
"Its ok, I'll carry you back. I'm a youkai and we're stronger than we look." Wriggle says, taking to the air herself and maneuvering around behind you. She puts an arm underneath each of yours and lifts you up into the air with her.

This is a much more comfortable position than the last time you flew with Wriggle, you can't help but notice. You also can't help but notice her body pressed against you, her breasts pressed into your ba--

No, best not to think of that at the moment. You look around the countryside as it flies by beneath you. the dense trees pass below for awhile before they give way to the gently sloping hills that from this height look small but when you get right up close to them are larger than they appear. And softer. With curves in just the right places How deceptive they are with the loose clothing she wears.

Your inappropriate thoughts about hills are lost as the human village comes into view. The battle has already been joined as colored patterns fill the air, striking the invading creatures, who seem to be fighting back with their own strange attacks. They seem to be focusing on Cirno.

Behind you, Wriggle gasps. "Ah, They are fighting already! What should we do?"

[?] indeed, what should you do?
>>No. 17412
[x] Fight smart! Probe for a weak spot in the enemy's ranks and exploit it together.
>>No. 17413
[x] Fight smart! Probe for a weak spot in the enemy's ranks and exploit it together.
>>No. 17417
[x] Fight smart! Probe for a weak spot in the enemy's ranks and exploit it together.
>>No. 17418
That was the last update for tonight I think. I'll be back tomorrow, pretty sure.
>>No. 17420
[x] Observe the situation

We should try to come up with a plan.

Or alternatively just use our french passion to overcome our enemies.
>>No. 17441
[X] Rush in and help Cirno!
[X] Get behind the creatures and flank them

Then again, we're down to pocketknife, aren't we? Our bamboo gun/magic exploded. . .
>>No. 17469
[z] Fight smart! Probe for a weak spot in the enemy's ranks and exploit it together.
[e] But first, acquire a new staff.

Only practical-seeming thing to do.
>>No. 17471
Too much magicannon makes Jean a dead guy . . Seems like we shouldn't overuse the bamboogun.

Then again our other option seems to be
Staff + Knife = Spear

And we all know the spear although it has the advantage of range is the least intimidating of danmaku weapons.
>>No. 17476
File 125223369188.jpg - (1.49MB, 1300x919, 23651808ffb1a42b74e132abf93ec615.jpg) [iqdb]
17476
>>17471
>the spear is the least intimidating of danmaku weapons
>>No. 17484
File 125226734737.png - (259.59KB, 630x190, Gungnir.png) [iqdb]
17484
>>17471
lol
>>No. 17487
>>17471
I think that Spear is meant to KILL
>>No. 17494
>>17476

. . .With obvious exceptions. Can we craft that with bamboo, though?
>>No. 17809
Updates?
>>No. 17925
Hey you. Update.
>>No. 17931
STORYTELLER
>>No. 18002
The reason I haven't updated is because the original concept of this story was not met. It was meant to be a quick story, written in small incremental bits like YWUIG was. But then it got to the point where there was hours between votes, and to be honest I didn't have anything planned out beyond the next step, so doing longer updates for a slower posting audience was next to impossible.

However, if you guys want I can start this back up, plan it out a bit further and give it a jump start. I'll leave it up to you guys.

[] Continue this in a revamped form.
[] Let it die and let more competent, less lazy writefags take over.
>>No. 18004
>>18002

Well the site isn't quite as lively as back in those old days of random misadventures; that and your story started off with a bang unlike many WUiG type stories.

And the slow updates in general doesn't help this section much.

[x] Continue this in a revamped form.
>>No. 18005
[x] Continue this in a revamped form.
>>No. 18006
[0] Continue this in a revamped form.

Jean and Mystia still need to get together.
>>No. 18007
[x] Continue this in a revamped form.
>>No. 18008
[x] Continue this in a revamped form.

God damn, I've been waiting so long for nothing? ;_;
I suppose a reboot is fine too.
>>No. 18011
Also the whole SITE DYING thing didn't help the flow of votes, especially with no word for the author.
>>No. 18012
[x] Continue this in a revamped form.
>>No. 18015
[ℤℯ] Continue this in a revamped form.

Now get back to work.
>>No. 18018
[X] Continue this in a revamped form.

Reboot is fine, concept is there, just needs strong PUSH!
>>No. 18050
File 125631068875.jpg - (41.74KB, 410x317, locusts.jpg) [iqdb]
18050
"We should attack their leader." You reply. You point down to the mass of short, green skined monsters massing against the wooden walls... and one in particular who was standing behind the Vanguard, giving orders.
"You think thats him?" Wriggle asks.
"Certain, Madam." You say.
"Ok." Wriggle says with resolve.

A buzzing noise fills the air, A black cloud rises from the forest nearby. Before you can even wonder what is going on, The cloud sinks onto the attacking creatures, swirling and centering itself on the leader. A few attack you. Locusts.

"Sorry!" Wriggle cries. "I've never called this many before!"
"No problem! Are you sure you are up to this?" you call back over the buzzing of the swarm, picking the bugs up gently off your coat and dropping them into the swarm below.
"Yes, I think so." she says, not sounding very confident to you.
The attack seems to work. The green skinned creatures are divided against attacking the wooden palisade walls and fighting off these new pests.

"Ah!" Wriggle calls out. The two of you begin to sink to the ground.
"What's wrong?" You ask her, worried more for her than your own safety.
"They're... They're killing them." She says, voice straining.
"Call them off. You've done more than enough. call them off." you say.
She does so, then you fall.

Blackness and buzzing are all that fill your senses for a short time.

You are back again. Back in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Your unit was sent there to escort UN doctors through the troubled lands in one of the bloodiest conflicts the world has ever known.

It was an ambush. They attacked from the hills, attacking your convoy, Ignoring the UN markings on the vehicle. And so you fought. And fought. Fought for hours it seems like, Until you were out of ammunition for your rifle and left only with your knife. You fought then to protect the defenceless doctors who were only doing what was right in this war torn land. You fought and you won over all odds. You won.

Its the same knife you wield now as you come to your senses to find yourself standing over an unconscious Wriggle. The black cloud swarms all around in every direction as far as you can see, attacking all. They attack you as well if you step to far away from Wriggle.

Every so often one of the green humanoids rushes from the cloud within range. You quickly dispatch it from your knife. It reminds you of back then. The killing. And when you remember those times, The combat knife of yours begins to glow with a faint yellow light, leaving a trail of light in its wake with each slash, leaving a groove of fire and death in any enemy in its path.

You have no idea for how long this goes on. You just fight. Fight to protect Wriggle. Fight to survive. Fight till she stirs beneath you and she reaches out to pat you on the back of your calf to let you know she's alright.

The black cloud begins to dissipate, eventually revealing a scene of carnage that you haven't seen since that night back in '87. A still battlefield, full of corpses and casualties. Only back then, the corpses weren't quite so... picked clean. The locusts were quite thurough and apparently, hungry.

The remaining green skins seem to be running off, into the forests. You let them go, knowing the battle is over. You sheath your knife and offer a hand to Wriggle.

"Did we win?" She asks.
"We won." You say, giving a cheerful smirk even in the light of the chaos that just happened around you. "I hope we won't have to go through that again, No?"
"Definitely no." she says, rising to her feet, only to fall against you. "Ooh, still a little woozy." You support her as she gains her balance.
"I don't hear anything from the town." you say.
"Ah, I hope they are ok!" She says, then lets out a little whimper and says quietly "Reimu'll kill me if they aren't."
"I'm sure they are fine. Lets just--"

[] Fly up over the walls
[] Yell out to someone to open the gates.
[] Wait for someone to open the gates when they are safe
[] What do you talk to Wriggle about till they come??
>>No. 18051
[x] Yell out to someone to open the gates.
>>No. 18052
[X] Yell out to someone to open the gates.
-What do you talk to Wriggle about till they come??
--[X]Do these agressions occur fréquemment during the night?
>>No. 18053
[X] Yell out to someone to open the gates.
-What do you talk to Wriggle about till they come??
--[X]Do these agressions occur fréquemment during the night?
>>No. 18054
[x] Yell out to someone to open the gates.
-What do you talk to Wriggle about till they come??
--[x]Do these agressions occur fréquemment during the night?
>>No. 18055
[x] Yell out to someone to open the gates.
-What do you talk to Wriggle about till they come??
--[x]Do these agressions occur fréquemment during the night?
>>No. 18056
[X] Yell out to someone to open the gates.
-What do you talk to Wriggle about till they come??
--[X]Do these agressions occur fréquemment during the night?
>>No. 18085
[0] Yell out to someone to open the gates.
-[1] What do you talk to Wriggle about till they come??
-[2] Do these agressions occur fréquemment during the night?
>>No. 18110
Just a few things I've noticed.

Did the knife glow or was it me?

And what about those monsters, they weren't quite generic as they seem.
>>No. 18158
Will this story ever be updated?
>>No. 18420
updates? Shame too, I was looking forward to reading this.
>>No. 18637
>>18420
Same bro.
>>No. 18644
>>18637
Not me. It's way too corny if you ask me.
>>No. 18647
>>18644
I guess I'm just a sap for corny stories.
[Return][Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x