[Return]
Archived Thread
File 12313522997.png - (206.88KB , 650x487 , Inabas6.png ) [iqdb]
13143 No. 13143
[X] Check the time.
[X] As the good doctor hassles away with miss Reisen, perhaps you could spend some time with your friend Yue?

Huh, for some reason you just got hit with a strong feeling of vertigo. Shaking it off, you pull out your watch and, after giving it a wind, check the time.

⌛: 7:25 a.m.

Well, since the day is still quite young, perhaps some time spent with little Yue would be in order? Yes, yes that sounds good. One issue, though: you don’t know where she is. Bah, a trifle; you simply ask a passing bunny where she would be. A little bespectacled one with two odd antenna-like hairs tells you where she thinks your little friend is and you set off with the directions she gave you.

After a bit of searching, including getting turned around a handful of times and reaching a few dead ends, you find the room described by the rabbit girl from before. Opening the sliding door, you see a group of rabbits (humanoid and animal alike) huddled together and sleeping with Yue amongst them. You notice her nibbling on the ear of a little one with green hair and a carrot-shaped pillow twitching a bit in her sleep. Cute. Not wanting to risk disturbing them, you close the door softly and slink away. You’ll have time to play with her when she is awake, you think to yourself.

Well, with your little friend indisposed, you wonder what to do next. You could attempt to find that rascal Tewi and see just what “outsider comics” she is reading, bring Rinnosuke back his guns, get to work, or something completely different.

You choose to…

---

Feelin' groovy~
>> No. 13144
[X] Morning exercises
[X] Accompanied by cheerful humming
[X] Preferably one of those songs that sounds really bright and cheerful until you listen to the lyrics
>> No. 13145
[x] Bring Rinnosuke back his guns.
[x] But you can at least play with them first, right? Go shoot a rock or something in Bamboo Forest.

Part of ascertaining their value would be seeing that they work.
>> No. 13147
File 123137445659.png- (316.34KB , 632x497 , 2228610.png ) [iqdb]
13147
>>13144
My, what a lovely song!
>> No. 13149
[x] Bring Rinnosuke back his guns.
[x] But you can at least play with them first, right? Go shoot a rock or something in Bamboo Forest.
>> No. 13150
>>13147
itsu mo no eki de itsu mo au
sērā fuku no osagekami
mō kuru koro, mō kuru koro
kyō mo machibōke

ashita ga aru, ashita ga aru, ashita ga aru sa

>> No. 13164
File 12314526568.jpg- (500.83KB , 1400x875 , party@myshrine.jpg ) [iqdb]
13164
[x] Bring Rinnosuke back his guns.
[x] But you can at least play with them first, right? Go target shooting with Rinnosuke; it'll be a fun way to rid of some of his more useless impedimenta and falderol.
[⌚] Check the time.

Let's try out these guns and better our relationship with Rinnosuke at the same time. If we loosen the guy up enough, maybe he'll go drinking with us, fill us in on the history between him and Keine, or even have him put in a good word with Yukari (if only so that we're never "shanghaied" to another eye-void again).
>> No. 13170
[Z] Bring Rinnosuke back his guns.
[Z] But you can at least play with them first, right? Go target shooting with Rinnosuke; it'll be a fun way to rid of some of his more useless impedimenta and falderol.
[⌚] Check the time.
>> No. 13174
[Z] Bring Rinnosuke back his guns.
[Z] But you can at least play with them first, right? Go target shooting with Rinnosuke; it'll be a fun way to rid of some of his more useless impedimenta and falderol.
[⌚] Check the time.
>> No. 13180
[ODIN] Bring Rinnosuke back his guns.
[ODIN] But you can at least play with them first, right? Go target shooting with Rinnosuke; it'll be a fun way to rid of some of his more useless impedimenta and falderol.
[⌚] Check the time.

I believe that I can get behind this idea.
>> No. 13186
[X] Bring Rinnosuke back his guns.
[X] But you can at least play with them first, right? Go target shooting with Rinnosuke; it'll be a fun way to rid of some of his more useless impedimenta and falderol.
[X] While you're in the area, may as well get that order of arrows for Eirin.
[X] Check the time.

Tacking on daily task for consideration.
>> No. 13214
Groovy. That shit's called, son.
>> No. 13241
>>13214

Hooray!
>> No. 13253
File 123166357964.jpg- (16.25KB , 250x309 , 250px-Bruce_Campbell_Army_of_Darkness-710635.jpg ) [iqdb]
13253
>>13214
Groovy.
>> No. 13259
Alright, due to this and that the update shall be finished tomorrow at the latest. My apologies for not mentioning this earlier.
>> No. 13265
[X] Bring Rinnosuke back his guns.
[X] But you can at least play with them first, right? Go target shooting with Rinnosuke; it'll be a fun way to rid of some of his more useless impedimenta and falderol.
[X] Check the time.

Yes, it would be best to give Rinnosuke back his pistols. Inventory does no good for the shop when it’s elsewhere, after all. Now to just retrieve them fro- Crap, you left them in Eirin’s office. Well…hell, you’d hate to barge in on Eirin and Reisen, as they are more than likely working right now.
“Damn me.” You say with a sigh, noticing a tugging on your sleeve after a few moments. Looking down, you see Negi from earlier with a confused expression on his face.
“Is there something the matter, sir?” He asks.
“Ah, well, a bit of one. You wouldn’t happen to know the policy on bothering the good doctor as she works, would you?”
“Huh? Well…” the boy thinks for a moment before answering. “There shouldn’t be a problem right now.” He states with a cheerful smile. You could swear you saw a glint in his eyes, but ignore it.
“Ah, thank you.”
“No problem!” He says before leaving you. Well, that’s helpful. With nothing left to restrain you, you attempt to make your way back to Eirin’s office.

After what seems to be the usual amount of dead ends and turn-arounds, you find yourself at the door to the office. After knocking thrice, you’re faced with the visage of Miss Yagokoro.
“Casey? Do you need help with something? If so, I am afraid I am a bit indisposed right now.”
“No, no, I’m back to grab the guns I left here.”
“Ah, right, those. I had guessed as much.” Then why didn’t she say so? Bah, whatever. You wait a moment as she retrieves the guns, noticing Reisen at the desk with her eyes on you. She smiles and gives you a slight wave that you return just as Eirin presents you with the pistols.
“Thank you, Miss Eirin. I’ll see the both of you ladies later.”
“Until then, Mister Mills.”
“See you, KC.” Reisen manages to say before the door closes. Well, now that you actually have them, you take the guns and make your way towards the exit.

Right before you reach the end of the clearing that separates Eientei from the bamboo forest, the bespectacled rabbit from before hops to your side.
“Heya, Mister! You goin’ out?”
“Indeed I am.”
“Well, I’m comin’ with ‘ya! Don’t want the little boy ‘ta get lost, right?” She says with a wide grin. You chuckle at that.
“No, I suppose not. Lead the way, little Miss bunny.” You bow slightly and gesture to the forest. Somehow her grin gets even wider as she grabs your arm and almost drags you through the forest, chatting about this and that along the way. She only cared to mention her name once and, due to her speech style, you couldn’t quite tell if she said it was “Haru” or “Naru.” Well, you can figure it out some other time because before you know it you’re out of the bamboo forest and she’s hurrying back. The rabbits of Eientei certainly are an interesting lot. Well, now to the increasingly familiar route to Kourindou.

While walking, you come up with a real horrorshow idea: Since the Coilgun doesn’t have a fixed type of ammo, there’s no need to worry about using it up. So, why not have some fun with them when you get to Rinnosuke’s? Surely he has some useless stock in need of purging. By the time you reach the store, you’re already smiling at the prospect. A few firm knocks and a moment later, Rinnosuke opens the door and ushers you in happily.
“Good morning, Casey. How are you this day?” He says with a smile. The chap certainly is in a good mood.
“Good morning, Rinnosuke, I’m quite fine. You?”
“Never better. Did you learn anything new about the guns?”
“That I did.” You proceed to quickly relate Eirin’s explanation to him.
“My, my, isn’t that quite something. From their home, you say?”
“That’s what Madame Yagokoro told me.”
“That’s quite interesting. I’ve never gotten any items from the Moon before.” He says while fiddling with the Godkiller. Wait a second...
“What? The moon?”
“Yes, didn’t they tell you? The doctor, her apprentice, and the princess are all from the moon.” He chambers the III round into the gun as he says this.
“Huh.”
“Crazy, isn’t it? I was quite shocked as well when I found out.” He points the gun out an open window.
“Well, I suppose it’s no more crazy than a pocket reality where supernatural creatures forgotten by the modern world reside peacefully.” Rinnosuke laughs at your flippancy.
“I suppose not. That certainly is a good attitude you have.” He pulls the trigger. Nothing. Guess it was just a prop after all.
“I try. It helps keep the lunacy at bay.” You’ll still have to ask your hosts a few questions regarding the moon, though. It’s far too interesting to just let drop.
“Well then, to aid our sanity, would you like some tea?”
“Sounds wonderful, but I was wondering something.”
“Yes?” He cocks his head to the side slightly in confusion.
“Well, would you happen to have anything you don’t care for any more? Preferably anything breakable?”
“Yes, quite a bit. Why do you ask?”
“Well, old sport, how good is your aim?” You see Rinnosuke’s face brighten as he seems to get your drift.
“Why, I’d say it’s far higher than average.”
“Care to test that?” You give a friendly grin that he mirrors.
“Indeed I do. Just help me set up a range and we can get to shooting.”
“Wonderful, let’s get to it.” You follow Rinnosuke to the back of his store and help him carry several boxes out back. You’re surprised by the man’s strength, pegging him as more of the fragile intellectual sort, but he’s easily able to carry boxes you’d judge to be far heavier than your own. Guess they grow them strong here in Gensokyo.

After a while of stacking boxes, washing machines, and other large enough items, you have a respectable range set up with a wide variety of targets. Old, warped LPs, three thick books with differing covers (one depicts two hands holding an apple, one a red ribbon, and the last with chess pieces), cracked and broken dishware, and several computer monitors make up some of the targets. On reflection the two of you went a bit overboard, but it shouldn’t be a problem.
“Now, what shall we do about ammunition?” You ask the question that should have been asked before you started.
“Ah, I have just the things!” Rinnosuke exclaims as he hurries back inside. Soon he returns with two identical rectangular boxes with the words Crossfire written on the sides. Rinnosuke, you wonderful bastard. He opens the boxes, takes out the bags of ball bearings, and gives you a thumbs-up that you return. Placing the bags on an end table he had waiting, the two of you get ready to shoot.
“So, every three shots we hand over the gun?” He proposes.
“Sounds good to me. Should we call out which item we’re aiming for?”
“Good idea.”
“Well then,” you say as you roll a ball down the muzzle, “let’s begin!”
>> No. 13266
File 123180152887.jpg- (452.43KB , 800x945 , Friends.jpg ) [iqdb]
13266
“Beegees record, green light bulb, black CD.” Rinnosuke names off the items as he shoots them, the faint fwip of the ball barely registering in your ears before the resounding shatter of each item.
“Nice.”
“Thank you.” He hands the pistol over. The two of you have been at it for about an hour, but neither of you are showing signs of getting bored.
“You boys having fun?” A feminine voice sounds out from behind you, accompanied by an equally feminine but distinct giggle.
“Oh, hello Marisa! And Reimu, too. How long have you been there?” Rinnosuke says as you two whip around to face the newcomers. Sitting on the roof are the shrine maiden and witch from the other day.
“About ten minutes. We’d have alerted you sooner, but you two looked to be having too much fun.” The one you know as Reimu responds with a playful smile.
“Ah, well, I suppose we were. Sorry about that.” Rinnosuke scratches the back of his head and laughs as he apologizes.
“Hey, it’s cool, Kourin-ze. It’s about time you got some guy friends, ‘ya fruit!” Marisa laughs.
“Oh, that’s plenty rich coming from you. How is Alice, by the way?” Rinnosuke retorts. This brings a heavy blush to the blonde one and laughter from the brunette one. After a moment, the witch’s mouth twists in a grin and lets out a laugh.
“That’s the sharp-tongued Kourin we all know and love-ze! So, that thing as fun as it looks?”
“Care to try for yourself?” You offer to her, since Rinnosuke seems to be too busy blushing to answer.
“Hells yeah-ze!” She leaps over to you in a single bound and snatches the gun from your hand. “So, how the hell do I work this thing?” She asks. Rinnosuke is quick to come with an explanation and demonstration as to the proper way to hold it and such. As they play, you hang back and watch them with the shrine maiden drifting down beside you.
“He’s certainly in a good mood.” She observes.
“You noticed too, eh?”
“Yeah, he’s been real down in the dumps lately.”
“Really?”
“I blame Yukari. ‘Course, his good mood could be because of her, too.”
“You know her?”
“Way too well. I take it you’ve met?”
“That I did.”
“Poor bastard.”
“I’ve been called that a lot lately.”
“Well, it’s true. Can’t imagine why she’d want to see you, though.”
“She mentioned something about her not noticing when I showed up here, if that helps.”
“With how lazy she is I’m amazed she notices anything. Still, that’s weird. Are you sure you’re not going to cause trouble?”
“Pretty positive.”
“Good. By the way, we haven’t been formally introduced, have we?”
“I don’t believe so. I’m Casey Mills, but my friends call me KC.” You tip your hat to her as you introduce yourself.
“Hakurei Reimu.” She bows as she says this, prompting you to do the same. “So, up for some tea? Those two look like they’ll be at it for a while.” You look over to Rinnosuke and Marisa and hear the monochrome witch laugh in delight as she shoots an ugly lamp. You give your watch a look for good measure before responding.

⌛: 9:12 a.m.

You decide to…

---

Were it not for this being /eientei/ you'd be on the right track for a Rinnosuke route. Alas.
>> No. 13267
>Were it not for this being /eientei/ you'd be on the right track for a Rinnosuke route. Alas.

I hope to God the Rinnosuke route would be a silly/awesome "friend" route like Sunohara and not a homo route.

Anyway...

[X] Whatever the next poster decides to choose

because I just had to get that off my chest. I'm indecisive as a fly right now, but I do know that I want things to move along.
>> No. 13273
[X] Whatever the previous poster decided to choose
>> No. 13275
File 123181047022.png- (212.72KB , 450x550 , Copy of c34b497ed053684ddea9a302e5ba9613.png ) [iqdb]
13275
>You wait a moment as she retrieves the guns, noticing Reisen at the desk with her eyes on you. She smiles and gives you a slight wave

I think I'm in love.
>> No. 13276
>Rinnosuke exclaims as he hurries back inside. Soon he returns with two identical rectangular boxes with the words Crossfire written on the sides.

YOU'LL GET CAUGHT UP IN THE CROSSFIRE

>Were it not for this being /eientei/ you'd be on the right track for a Rinnosuke route. Alas.

Well, he's got history with Keine which forces us to put him in our confidence, and that would require dealing with the source of his woes, Yukari. So if you look at it that way, it's sort of a package deal.

>⌛: 9:12 a.m.

[x] I'm sure Rinnosuke wouldn't mind borrowing his kitchen. Brew some tea, a British blend if you can find it, especially English breakfast tea.
[x] Apologize for the lack of scones.
[x] Inform Reimu of the more alarming details you withheld in front of Rinnosuke, and ask her what the two's relationship is. You're concerned for your new friend.

Now that Reimu mentions it, Yukari could just have been trying to scare off someone who might interfere with her relationship with her boytoy.
>> No. 13277
[Z] I'm sure Rinnosuke wouldn't mind borrowing his kitchen. Brew some tea, a British blend if you can find it, especially English breakfast tea.
[Z] Apologize for the lack of scones.
[Z] Inform Reimu of the more alarming details you withheld in front of Rinnosuke, and ask her what the two's relationship is. You're concerned for your new friend.
>> No. 13318
Well, that looks like a consensus of four to me. Tomorrow is when something shall come.

>>13267

I think the novelty of a homo route would wear off a quarter of the way through the first sex scene.
Casey would totally be the pitcher. Yukari and Keine would watch.
>> No. 13326
File 123194328255.jpg- (13.99KB , 204x250 , hobbesTMI.jpg ) [iqdb]
13326
>>13318
>> No. 13339
>>13318
>>13326
I lol'd incredibly hard.
>> No. 13347
update
>> No. 13348
[Z] I'm sure Rinnosuke wouldn't mind borrowing his kitchen. Brew some tea, a British blend if you can find it, especially English breakfast tea.
[Z] Apologize for the lack of scones.
[Z] Inform Reimu of the more alarming details you withheld in front of Rinnosuke, and ask her what the two's relationship is. You're concerned for your new friend.
[C]Remind yourself to pick up a razor while you are here.
>> No. 13350
I hadn't realized KC was looking scruffy.

Amending:
[x] Remind yourself to pick up a razor while you are here.
>> No. 13368
this is a pretty long tomorrow.
>> No. 13371
>>13368

I'm afraid it's going to be a bit longer still and I really have no excuse at this point other than my own damn laziness. As it stands the update is half done and will be finished tomorrow/later today (depending on your timezone).
>> No. 13376
>>13371
Don't sweat it too much, I was just worried you mighta died seeing as it's been almost a week with no word.

Please forgive this season's poor temperament, for he has to call in a favor from a certain groundhog so he can receive 6 more weeks of vacation time.
>> No. 13403
File 123245248578.jpg- (318.22KB , 840x700 , 3ac8537e052b8ed41b9feee54d726325.jpg ) [iqdb]
13403
[x] I'm sure Rinnosuke wouldn't mind borrowing his kitchen. Brew some tea, a British blend if you can find it, especially English breakfast tea.
[x] Apologize for the lack of scones.
[x] Inform Reimu of the more alarming details you withheld in front of Rinnosuke, and ask her what the two's relationship is. You're concerned for your new friend.
[x] Remind yourself to pick up a razor while you are here.

“A capital idea, Miss Hakurei. I’m sure Rinnosuke wouldn’t mind our borrowing of his kitchen.” You say to Reimu with a smile.
“Alright.” She nods and switches her attention to the pair at the makeshift firing range. “Hey, Rinnosuke, we’re making some tea. You going to want any?”
“Yes, if you would please.” The addressed man replies while aiming the gun at a deeply scratched record. Reimu nods and enters the house with you half a step behind.

Now in the kitchen after insisting on making the tea, you’re surprised by the cleanliness of it as opposed to the rest of Rinnosuke’s house. Everything is just so…neat. The saying “a place for everything and everything in its place” is practically defined by this kitchen. It’s quite something. With minimal effort you find an assortment of tins filled with different teas and you narrow down your choices to the handful of black teas in stock. By the handy little label written on the side you identify a bright red tin as English Breakfast tea and, after boiling some water, get to a-brewing.

With a pot of steeping tea and several cups in hand, you return to the waiting woman in the front.
“I return bearing the gift of tea.” You say as you enter, sounding a bit cheesier than you had intended. Reimu simply looks up from a magazine she had been reading and looks to the pot. Without a word she rises from her seat, walks over to you, lifts the pot’s lid, and gives the brew inside a few sniffs.
“Black tea?” She asks with her eyes closed.
“Uh, yeah. It might have been easier to ask, you know.”
“Probably.” She says while returning to her former spot.
“Right, well, sorry for the lack of scones. I would have brought out some biscuits had I seen them but that was not the case.”
“It’s okay, Rinnosuke has never really been too big on pastries and sweets. Although…” She trails off as she stands up again and walks into the kitchen. You take the opportunity to place the pot and cups on the nearby counter. After a moment, she returns with a clear plastic bag filled with circular wafers. “These should do.”
“What might ‘these’ be?”
“I never cared to remember the name, but they’re good with tea.” She says as she bites into one of the crispy things. You take one yourself and give it a chew. Tastes like a fortune cookie, not too bland and not too sweet.
“Pretty good.” You say after swallowing
“I don’t lead people astray when it comes to tea and snacks.”
“So it seems.” You say as you check your watch, judging the tea has steeped long enough for a few cups. After filling the said vessels, the two of you take them and begin to sip at the wonderful liquid inside.
“This is pretty good stuff.” Says Reimu.
“Isn’t it? This happens to be one of my favorite blends.”
“I can see why. Normally I’m a strictly green kind of girl, but this blend might get me to change my mind. You brew tea a lot?”
“Actually, yes I do. Just can’t start the day properly without it.” Reimu smiles at this.
“A man after my own heart. Aside from that vampire very few people I’ve met can really appreciate tea.”
“It’s a crying shame.”
“Isn’t it? Especially when they just raid my cabinets without asking.” Todd comes to mind.
“God, I hate when they do that. At least they usually don’t know Chai from Earl Grey, so the good stuff is usually safe.”
“Very true.”
The two of you continue to chat about this and that relating to tea for a fair bit of time. Turns out she loves tea just as much as you, if not more so. Clearly this woman has her priorities straight.

After a short while of relaxing, something that has been bothering you comes to mind.
“Hey, Reimu?”
“Hm?”
“I mentioned that I had met Yukari earlier, yes?”
“That you did.”
“Well, I had omitted a few parts of said meeting. Namely the parts where she castrated a man in an attempt to intimidate me, decapitated my companion Mokou twice, and then dismembered her above myself and Keine to make it rain gore and planted her head in Keine’s lap. This brings me to ask something: just what is Yukari’s relationship to Rinnosuke? I’m quite concerned for him.” Reimu sighs after hearing this and sets her cup down.
“Well, I guess you could say they’re lovers.”
“I see…”
“You’re wondering how healthy their relationship is, aren’t you?”
“Is it that obvious?”
“Yeah, but it’s understandable. What you need to know is that a youkai’s thought patterns are odd to us humans and Yukari’s train of thought is strange even to other youkai.”
“You mean she’s crazy?”
“No, that’s not quite right. She’s just…selfish. More than a regular youkai. As far as she’s concerned, this is her land and nobody is going to mess with her property except her.”
“I’m guessing that extends to Mister Morichika out there?” You gesture your thumb outside.
“It’d be a fair guess. Still, I get the feeling she really does like him.”
“Oh?”
“Yeah, call it a maiden’s intuition.”
“Intuition, huh?”
“I am the one living human who knows her best, after all. Still, the way you brewed this is very good.” She says while picking her cup up again. What? You’re about to question her radical changing of subjects when you notice through the window Rinnosuke and Marisa walking towards the house.
“Yes, I’ve had quite a bit of experience with it.” You say as the two enter.
“Hey, you two have fun?” Reimu asks.
“You know we did-ze!” The blonde witch says with a thumbs-up as she takes a seat.
“I take it the tea is good?” Rinnosuke asks, a large smile on his face as he joins her.
“As usual. You should have told me this guy liked tea so much.”
“Oh? Someone who likes tea as much as the Hakurei shrine maiden? How rare.”
“I know, here I thought I’d be stuck only talking with Remilia about it.”
“How is she, anyway?”
“Same arrogant brat as ever.” The three friends begin to chat about different personalities in Gensokyo with you listening in. As the two ladies argue about whether the vampire’s maid is either a cold-blooded murderer or an absolute ditz, Rinnosuke leans over to you.
“You’re not too bored, are you?”
“Oh, not at all. It’s interesting to overhear this and that about the personalities here.”
“Right. I really must thank you for your help with the guns. I’d probably still be trying to figure out how to get the spiral one to work without your aid.”
“Think nothing of it, friend. If anyone deserves thanks it’s Madam Yagokoro for identifying them.”
“Still, you deserve payment for your efforts. Is there anything you need? I might have it in stock.” Now that he mentions it…
“Well, I could use a razor. Facial hair has never really been my thing.”
“A razor? Hrm, just a moment.” He says while rising and walking to the back of the store. He comes back with a straight razor housed in a dark wooden grip. “Will this work?”
“Perfect, thank you.” You say as you receive the item. Good thing you got the hang of using these a while back.
“If you need anything else be sure to drop by; I’d be glad to trade items for work. I’m also quite adept at enchanted items, if need be.”
“I’ll be sure to.” You say to Rinnosuke as he sits down and returns to observing the dual toned women argue.
>> No. 13404
After a while, a harsh knocking and muffled shouting break the atmosphere of the room. With a raised eyebrow Rinnosuke walks to the door and opens it, revealing an angry-looking girl with blue hair and a black dress in the doorway.
“My books!” She yells at him as she storms inside, revealing a pair of red wings previously obscured by the frame of the door.
“You again?” He groans.
“Yes, me again! And it will keep being me until you return my books to me!”
“As I told you, the books are mine now. If you want them back you can buy them or do some work for me in exchange.”
“I refuse to do work for what I already own! Now give them back!” She continues to shout as she stomps her feet. Rinnosuke looks over in the direction of you and the two ladies with a tired expression.
“This will take a while so you guys can go ahead and leave.”
“Who are you talking to-Ah! The thieving red-white!” She points to Reimu.
“Hey, you hear that? Thieving red-white!” Marisa says before laughing.
“What can I say? Maybe your bad habits are rubbing off on me. Either way, I’ll take my leave now. See you, Rinnosuke.” Reimu says while standing. You stand as well.
“I think I’ll go too. It was great fun, Rinnosuke. We’ll definitely have to do this again the next time you have some useless items laying about.” You smile and tip your hat to him as you exit and see him wave as the girl tries to get his attention.
“See you at the shrine, Reimu!” Marisa shouts after her as the two of you leave.

Now outside and alone with the shrine maiden, she looks to you.
“So, you need to be anywhere? If it’s not too much of a hassle I can give you a lift. Unless you’ve learned to fly, that is.” Well, that’s kind of her. There are, in fact, several places you can think of going to and the things to do there. Just to be safe, you give your watch a check.

⌛: 9:45 a.m.

Well, would you look at that. You still have plenty of daylight left to work, so you can probably still play around for a little while. The only questions are where you would go and what you would do.

You decide to…

---

>>13376

It's all good. Like you said, it was nearly a week with no word.
By the way, can you call up Summer or something? Dude refuses to leave California even in January.
>> No. 13405
>“Isn’t it? Especially when they just raid my cabinets without asking.” Todd comes to mind.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

[x] Ask for a lift to the nearby village. You need to see the fletcher about some arrows for Eirin.

Awesome Reimu is awesome. The idea of KC sharing tea with her and Remilia while maintaining all airs of civility makes me titter.
>> No. 13407
Oh, god.

I want to do something about Tokiko but I can't think of anything that's out of character.

No to mention that to champion Tokiko's cause would put us directly against Rinnosuke--like I said, out of character. We're not the kind to go starry-eyed for some girl.

But still, I want to...I want to...do something.
>> No. 13408
[x] Ask for a lift to the nearby village. You need to see the fletcher about some arrows for Eirin.
[x] Thank her and suggest you'd enjoy having tea with her and Remilia sometime.

Setting up for awesome!
>> No. 13409
[x] Ask for a lift to the nearby village. You need to see the fletcher about some arrows for Eirin.
[x] Thank her and suggest you'd enjoy having tea with her and Remilia sometime.
>> No. 13410
Amending:
[x] Thank her and suggest you'd enjoy having tea with her and Remilia sometime.
>> No. 13411
[x] Ask for a lift to the nearby village. You need to see the fletcher about some arrows for Eirin.
[x] Thank her and suggest you'd enjoy having tea with her and Remilia sometime.
>> No. 13412
[x] Ask for a lift to the nearby village. You need to see the fletcher about some arrows for Eirin.
[x] Thank her and suggest you'd enjoy having tea with her and Remilia sometime.
>> No. 13414
[x] Ask for a lift to the nearby village. You need to see the fletcher about some arrows for Eirin.
[x] Thank her and suggest you'd enjoy having tea with her and Remilia sometime.
>> No. 13415
>>13407
That's easy.
>If you need anything else be sure to drop by; I’d be glad to trade items for work.
We'll take care of it next time we're here.

[x] Ask for a lift to the nearby village. You need to see the fletcher about some arrows for Eirin.
[x] Thank her and suggest you'd enjoy having tea with her and Remilia sometime.
>> No. 13416
[ODIN] Ask for a lift to the nearby village. You need to see the fletcher about some arrows for Eirin.
[ODIN] Thank her and suggest you'd enjoy having tea with her and Remilia sometime.

Tea party? Capital idea chaps.
>> No. 13417
Awesome. Voting is called and writing shall commence shortly.
>> No. 13427
updates?
>> No. 13428
>>13427
Silly anon... when Harker says "writing now," it is quite literal; the writer has started composing the next update, but it is still far from completion: hold patience dear to your heart~
>> No. 13429
[x] Ask for a lift to the nearby village. You need to see the fletcher about some arrows for Eirin.
[x] Thank her and suggest you'd enjoy having tea with her and Remilia sometime.

“Well, if you could take me to the village nearest Eientei I’d be most grateful.” You say to the maiden of the shrine.
“The bamboo village? Sure, no problem.” Reimu says as she places her hand on your shoulder. Before you know it you’re speeding along in the air, but it feels more like you’re leisurely floating with a breeze along your face.
“Well, this is neat. When Mokou flew with me it felt more like I was a piece of luggage.”
“Yeah, I fly a bit different than the others. I’d go into it, but it’s pretty boring to chat about.”
“I’ll take your word for it. Thanks for the lift, by the way.”
“No problem. Consider it a favor from one tea lover to another.”
“Ah, and how might this humble lover of tea go about repaying this favor?” Reimu stares at you in confusion after you ask this.
“Wha?”
“You know, ‘one good turn deserves another’ and all that.”
“Yeah, yeah, I get it. I’m just not used to it.” She scratches her head with her free hand. “Hell, I don’t know. You could always donate to the shrine. Gods know the other moochers don’t.”
“Noted. By the way, since you mentioned the whole tea lover jazz, I was thinking having tea with you and that Remilia woman you mentioned would be quite fun.”
“You know, I was thinking the same thing. The whole vampire thing doesn’t freak you out?”
“I can’t say it does. I mean, I’m living with three people from the moon and a slew of youkai rabbits. It kind of puts a different spin on things.”
“I see your point. Well, I’ll talk to Remi about it, but I doubt she’ll say no.” Reimu says as the village within bamboo draws your attention.

After being dropped off you say goodbye to Reimu as she floats off. Quite a decent young lady. Well, now time to find the fletcher and get Eirin her arrows. After some searching you find a small store that should be exactly what you’re looking for. Call you clairvoyant, but the sign depicting a target with an arrow right in the center might have tipped you off. Entering, you see a slender woman lounging with her legs up on the counter.
“Hm? Oh, hey, a customer?” She asks when she notices you, her red eyes meeting yours.
“I come on behalf of one, yes. Miss Yagokoro of Eientei?”
“Huh? No, I’m Sakura of the Bamboo Village.”
“And I’m Casey of the Outside World, but Miss Yagokoro is my employer. She ordered some arrows?”
“Oh… Oh! Sorry about that, I’m a bit absent-minded today. Yagokoro, right? Got that order all done and ready to go, just wait here.” She then gets up and hurries to a row of shelves where numerous arrows and bolts are arranged. After taking a bundle and checking the tag on it, she returns to you and hands it over.
“Thank you.”
“No, thank you.” She says with a smile, revealing a wicked pair of canines.
“Right, I’ll be going now.”
“See you again.” She says to you while swinging her legs back onto the counter. With nothing left to keep you, you bid her adieu and exit the store.

Well, these arrows are useless just taking up space in your arms, aren’t they? With Eientei so close by, you decide to make like your rabbit friends and hop on back to drop these off.

After a short while of what seems like random wandering, you find yourself back at Eientei. Finding an unoccupied bunny, you ask her where might the best place to drop these off would be.
“Huh? Oh, just give them to me!” She extends her arms out and puts on a big grin. Seeing little reason to argue, you do so. “Right, I shall deliver these ghost-waste!” She says to you with a salute.
“Do you mean post-haste?”
“I shall deliver these post-haste!” She salutes again before slowly walking off with the bundle. Not exactly "ghost-waste," but at least you won’t have to worry about her tripping.

With that done, you just have to deal with the little issue of what to do next. Before you go deciding anything, you check your watch.

⌛: 10:04 a.m.

What to do, what to do? A great many activities are open to you, including but not limited to seeking out the company of one of the lovely ladies living here at Eientei, seeing if Keine is free, trying to hunt down Mokou, or getting your work out of the way.

Faced with such a choice, you decide to…

---

>>13405

I enjoy the thought of Todd pissing off his old pal KC, in case you couldn't tell.
>> No. 13431
[x] Your facial hair and the bushes in the garden, both need pruning. The first, then the second; get to it.
>> No. 13432
[Z] Your facial hair and the bushes in the garden, both need pruning. The first, then the second; get to it.
>> No. 13434
[+] Your facial hair and the bushes in the garden, both need pruning. The first, then the second; get to it. Then go hunt down Mokou, who knows, we might get some grilled chicken for lunch. ;)
>> No. 13435
[ODIN] Your facial hair and the bushes in the garden, both need pruning. The first, then the second; get to it.

A proper gent needs to be well groomed before work.
>> No. 13436
[x] Your facial hair and the bushes in the garden, both need pruning. The first, then the second; get to it.
>> No. 13437
[BRODIN] Your facial hair and the bushes in the garden, both need pruning. The first, then the second; get to it.
>> No. 13438
[X] Your facial hair and the bushes in the garden, both need pruning. The first, then the second; get to it.
>> No. 13439
File 123277156699.jpg- (114.47KB , 500x700 , 120863051835.jpg ) [iqdb]
13439
>>13429
[X] Your facial hair and the bushes in the garden, both need pruning. The first, then the second; get to it.

Truth time Harker; would Casey be any less dapper if we hadn't picked the Desensitized perk? Seems like...
>A Touhou: "That's pretty fucked up; are you really cool with that?"
>KC: "Yeah, no worries... what time is it?"
...plays out a lot and usually ends up well for us. Fluke or by design?

Bunnies being productive is always relevent~
>> No. 13440
File 123280406979.png- (239.91KB , 600x900 , 3f460737ddde38dc3605fc07bf7626d5.png ) [iqdb]
13440
>>13439

Actually, it does indeed help him in the ways of dapper. He was going to be at least moderately well-spoken due to the more stylish cap that was chosen (That was what determined the base personality, by the way. Should I have mentioned that?), but he'd be a lot less calm about the events around him ("Jesus Christ, it's raining Mokou!" or something like that). Not like the lad is exactly a picture of perfect mental health, but I digress.

If there's any other questions or comments you or anybody else would like to add, feel free to; I'd be happy to answer and read them.

Also, will begin writing soon. Classes will be starting again within days and that should kick my ass back to a regular updating schedule. In the meantime, the modern NEET.
>> No. 13441
>>13440

Hooray!
>> No. 13451
File 123291687468.jpg- (438.81KB , 800x675 , 1261313.jpg ) [iqdb]
13451
>>13440
Probably the most genuinely fun story on the boards right now: Casey, your Touhou characterization, the references/in-jokes, the conversational narrative style... it's all just fun. Considering the drama-fests in other stories, it's a pleasant change.
Seriously impressed with your Touhous: distinct, realistic, and enjoyable. Eientei crew is well done, but I want more "Piece of fuck!" Kaguya. Also love the fact that Reimu is our tea bro. Canon taken to logical end, doujins, or whatever is telling you how to write them?
Your rapid-fire dialogue requires some effort to keep who's talking straight: if I start scanning I get lost as to who's saying what. After rereading a section it's easy to figure out, but there are times when it seems people are saying some weird stuff before it strikes that I've gotten the coversational order out of whack.
Anyway, while I love the casual pace so far, you've been dropping hints right along that there's something else afoot (the mask, the tune that told us how to fight, Yukari's question as to how we got here, etc.) Are we missing opportunities to explore this to advance the plot(?), we haven't gotten there yet, or is it something optional? Also, while the school marm seems to have taken a shine to us, that's been the extent of any inklings of something like a romance/route. Is it not that kind of story, still up in the air depending on what we do, or still not far along enough yet?

Finally, Todd is cool, but we need more Boris.
>> No. 13452
>>13451

Thanks for pointing out the confusing dialogue and I'll be sure to make it easier to tell in updates to come.

For the characterization, it's a bit of all three in differing amounts for each girl. I try to draw from canon as much as I can, but if there's a quirk or mannerism that I like and will fit I go for it (Haughty Kaguya, Carin' Erin, etc.). I'm pretty sure Mellow Mokou is closest to canon in this story (Kourin is a close second, but he's quite a bit more emotional than ZUN's original). Aside from that, it's mainly doujins, songs, traits I like, and to a somewhat lesser extent other stories that color my images of the Touhoes.

While I do enjoy the meandering, slice-of-life style, there is indeed a plot to this tale aside from wooing one of the available women. Certain things outside of Casey's control just haven't come to fruition yet, is all. While it's never bad to probe whatever unknowns you can, it is not vital to do so right now (same as how you don't need to load a gun until you intend to fire it). All you really have to worry about in Act One is carving your little place in Gensokyo.

As for romance, while Poor Leno's will probably be relatively free of it, there will be plenty to come in CUtMaS, have no doubt. Now that they have a good idea as to Casey's character, some will warm up to him and others will cool off. It's all up to you on who you pursue, though. If you do it right even the coldest of hearts can be heated (no, not CirnoxMokou).

Boris is a cool enough guy, just don't try to cheat him or mess with his stuff.

Also, unless I end up a liar, updates should be incoming tomorrow.
>> No. 13456
>Also, unless I end up a liar, updates should be incoming tomorrow.

hooray!
>> No. 13474
File 123304891313.jpg- (187.47KB , 480x617 , 1223327714042.jpg ) [iqdb]
13474
[x] Your facial hair and the bushes in the garden, both need pruning. The first, then the second; get to it.

Right, time to get tough with this scruff. Your facial landscape needs pruning and you have just the right shears. Come to think of it, you should also take care of the garden as long as you’re here. With this in mind, you find your way to the bathroom that rabbit showed you before. It may be a bit grand for your purposes, but it’s the only bathroom you know of here.

Once there, you find a sink and a mirror adjacent to the dressing room with no problems. Okay, now for the shaving. After pumping some water into the sink with the stopper firmly in place, you walk to the cabinets and grab a towel and a bar of soap. You place your coat, hat, and scarf aside and place your shirt with them as well (you’ve always been cautious of staining your shirt when shaving without bathing beforehand). That done, you tie two corners of the towel behind your neck to form a bib/apron and splash some water on your face, rubbing it in for good measure. You’d really prefer hot water for this, but beggars can’t be choosers, now can they? Well, no use crying about it. You work up a decent lather on your face with the soap and then apply your blade to its purpose. Funny how your mind takes this time to recall that one movie about the demon barber. Really, the violence was so over the top you couldn’t help but laugh at it. Of course, when you saw it with your buddies Todd wasn’t exactly laughing at the gore, instead opting to turn pale and get squeamish. At least Boris liked the flick, but you suspect it was more from enjoying the gore than the music. Oh well.
Come to think of it, how are those two doing right now? You’re sure they’ve noticed your absence, what with you disappearing on the day you normally hang out. Wonder what they think happened. Murder? Suicide? You did just kind of fall off the face of the earth. You wonder if they’ve contacted your father yet. Bah, he probably wouldn’t care. Too busy with the new wife in Blackpool. Been like that ever since Mom and little Katherine died. Hell, it’s why you moved back to Salem after all that time.

Damn it, now you feel like crap. Thinking about home has really gotten you down. You let out a sigh and look at your sorry shaven face in the mirror.
“Cheer up, you bastard. Depression doesn’t suit you.” You say to yourself.
“Can’t I at least have a little sorrow?” You reply.
“What good will it do you? You really hate it here that much?”
“No, of course not! I like it here!”
“Then start acting like it!” You finish by aggressively slapping the edge of the sink. Right, to hell with depression! You’re in a world of magic and beautiful women! And you’re clean shaven! Time to get dressed and carpe the living hell out of that diem!

Once you’re out of the bathroom, you realize just how weird what just happened was. Sure, you miss home, but not that much. And you got over Katherine’s death some time ago. Also, what the hell was with that conversation with yourself? If you didn’t know better, you’d say you were going mad.
…Hey, come to think of it, didn’t Reisen say she could manipulate madness? Huh, maybe you got hit with a random crazy wave? Regardless, it’s time to trim some hedges and that’s what you set yourself to do.

Entering the garden, you see a pair of shears with a note in cursive with your name on it. Convenient. As you pick them up, you hear some soft snoring. Inspecting the sound, you find Tewi taking a nap near where you had tea with her before. She’s curled up on her side with the sun is shining on her face, her curly black hair looking like a mess. Not wishing to wake her, you trim the few unruly bushes as quietly as you can. You finish pretty quickly and without incident (aside from Tewi rising once and staring at you for a moment before flopping back down and going back to sleep). Well, that’s two tasks down and with only one to go you may as well head to Eirin’s lab for the last one. Though, something about Tewi’s nap position bothers you…

[] If left unchecked, she may get a sunburn. Cover her face with your hat.
[] She could use a companion. Tuck Téodor in her arms.
[] A blanket is in order. Take the items out of your jacket and drape it on her.
[] Pillows are good, yes? Fold your scarf a few times and gently place it under her head.
[] It’s nothing, nevermind.
---
I had honestly not realized I could switch from write-ins only to structured choices and back at any time. Needless to say, I'm feeling rather dim.
>> No. 13476
{X} If left unchecked, she may get a sunburn. Cover her face with your hat.
{X} Pillows are good, yes? Fold your scarf a few times and gently place it under her head.
>> No. 13478
[x] If left unchecked, she may get a sunburn. Cover her face with your hat.
[x] Pillows are good, yes? Fold your scarf a few times and gently place it under her head.

I Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaw'd.
>> No. 13480
[x] She could use a companion. Tuck Téodor in her arms.
>> No. 13481
[Z] Pillows are good, yes? Fold your scarf a few times and gently place it under her head.
[Z] She could use a companion. Tuck Téodor in her arms.
[⌚] Check Time
>> No. 13487
[X] If left unchecked, she may get a sunburn. Cover her face with your hat.
[X] She could use a companion. Tuck Téodor in her arms.
[X] A blanket is in order. Take the items out of your jacket and drape it on her.
[X] Pillows are good, yes? Fold your scarf a few times and gently place it under her head.
[X] Check time.
>> No. 13492
[x] If left unchecked, she may get a sunburn. Cover her face with your hat.
[x] Pillows are good, yes? Fold your scarf a few times and gently place it under her head.

as if i'd give her my beloved teodore
>> No. 13493
[ODIN] If left unchecked, she may get a sunburn. Cover her face with your hat.
[ODIN] Pillows are good, yes? Fold your scarf a few times and gently place it under her head.
[ODIN] She could use a companion. Tuck Téodor in her arms.

Adorable Tewi is adorable.
>> No. 13494
[†] If left unchecked, she may get a sunburn. Cover her face with your hat.
[†] Pillows are good, yes? Fold your scarf a few times and gently place it under her head.
>> No. 13500
File 123309773584.jpg- (62.14KB , 600x800 , 92eca38a4b5d38622bd31bd25b3d0011.jpg ) [iqdb]
13500
[x] Pillows are good, yes? Fold your scarf a few times and gently place it under her head.

not sure how she'd feel about waking up with somebody's hat on her face
>> No. 13501
The question is whether we'll ever see any of our wardrobe ever gain.
>> No. 13508
Mixing the two most popular options. Writing has now begun.
>> No. 13510
>>13508

hooray!
>> No. 13515
File 123313445574.png- (494.45KB , 700x700 , ead06228325a0b5b7104a2ce1437cd68.png ) [iqdb]
13515
[x] If left unchecked, she may get a sunburn. Cover her face with your hat.
[x] Pillows are good, yes? Fold your scarf a few times and gently place it under her head.

Well, you can’t just leave her like that, now can you? For one thing, she could easily get a sunburn like that and for another her head could use some support. Thankfully, you have just the things to remedy her situation. Taking off your scarf, you remember a trick you’d use while sleeping between classes without a comfortable place to lay your head: a folded scarf makes for a serviceable pillow. The one issue? Placing it under a sleeping girl's head without waking her. Well, Agent Mills, here is your mission if you choose to accept it: Make Tewi’s nap a bit more comfortable. If you fail, you government will disavow all knowledge of your existence and leave you at the mercy of a grumpy bunny.
Mission: BEGIN!
Are you ready?
Yeah!
3…2…1…GO!
After folding your scarf a few times, you slowly, deliberately, and carefully lift her head and slide the scarf-pillow under it. After waiting a bit to gauge how you did, you see no signs of waking on her face.
Objective one: COMPLETE!
Now for the easy part. You take off your hat, pocket your Strikes, and flip the cap upside-down to prevent any possible scent of your head from bothering her. Thus aligned, you gingerly position it on Tewi’s face so it covers the maximum amount of sunlight and does not restrict her breathing. After noticing the constant rhythm of her snoring hasn’t changed and is the only thing filling the scene (aside from the music that got stuck in your head for some reason), you’d say you’re finished. The bunny is now sleeping soundly.
Objective two: COMPLETE!
Mission: SUCCESS!
Nice, everything went correctly. You can almost see an old military man in sunglasses giving you a thumbs–up. In fact, you do see it, except the man isn’t a man, but a woman, the military garb looks more like a red and blue nurse’s outfit, and the thumbs-up is more of an interested smile and a gesture to follow her inside.
“Hello again, Miss Eirin.” You greet her once you enter the building again.
“Hello, Mister Mills. Finishing up here?” She replies while motioning for you to follow her through the halls.
“Almost. I just need to clean the lab equipment now.”
“After ensuring our resident lucky rabbit was comfortable, yes?”
“Ah, well, a sunburn on the face is not at all fun and neither is a sore neck. I simply wished to free little Miss Tewi from those burdens.”
“How considerate. Seems like I am not the only one who wishes to keep those here in good health.
“Well, I do what I can.”
“As do we all. I noticed the arrows waiting for me in my room. I take it your other tasks were none too arduous?”
“Can’t say they were without lying. I was left wondering where the fletcher was until I noticed the obvious sign, though.”
“Ah, so you can find things on your own after all.” She says as you pass the clinic.
“Last time I checked. Say, wasn’t that…”
“The clinic? Yes, but that doesn’t contain the lab proper. I prefer to have the area where I treat patients separate from where I develop new drugs.”
“I see. Sounds reasonable.”
“I like to think so.” Eirin responds and the two of you allow it to become silent between you as you follow her through Eientei.

“Here we are.” The good doctor announces as you approach a metal door. Inside you find a room that is as deserving of the title “lab” as Yue deserves to be called “cute.” All that’s missing is a huge Jacob’s Ladder and it would be worthy of a mad scientist.
“Impressive.” Is all you can say.
“Isn’t it?” Eirin agrees, pride finding its way into her voice. “As for your assignment, you’ll find the soiled tools in the basin through that door.” She says while pointing to a door opposite the one you entered from.
“Right-O, Madam Yagokoro.” You say as you walk to the indicated door and enter the room. Inside you find a steel basin against a wall and another water pump. Inside the tub you see various items such as scalpels, petri dishes, mortars, pestles, and other such things ready to be washed. Seeing some soap, disinfectant, and gloves you put each item to its intended use and are finished soon with the items ready to be put away. As you exit you see Eirin still in the lab fiddling with equipment and filling out some sort of paperwork. After informing her of your completion of the cleaning, she instructs you on where each item goes as you put them away and then dismisses you for the day.

Well, now what to do? You give your watch a check, that’s what you’ll do.

⌛: 11:00 a.m.

Seems your options are just as free last time you stopped to think of them. Wait, scratch that, there even more free now that you’re done working for the day. Well, what now?
>> No. 13516
Too early for tea or the pub.

[x] Don the mask! Find a mirror to see how it looks on you.
[x] Try to find Reisen. Ask if she has any tapes of the The Dude Has Got No Mercy.
[x] Ask if she'd like any help with the chores or preparing lunch; the faster she gets them done, the sooner you'll have a companion to spend your leisure time with.

I kind of want to begin canvassing for a sandlot cricket team, but it's still a bit early in the game for that.

>“I see. Well, since you have become such good friends, would you care to join me for dinner in private tonight? I have something I wish to tell you.” Oh ho?

Just a reminder that we do have an engagement tonight.
>> No. 13518
[X] Wander about town more or less aimlessly.
[X] Maybe you'll bump into Miss Keine...?
>> No. 13523
[x] Don the mask! Find a mirror to see how it looks on you.
[x] Try to find Reisen. Ask if she has any tapes of the The Dude Has Got No Mercy.
[x] Ask if she'd like any help with the chores or preparing lunch; the faster she gets them done, the sooner you'll have a companion to spend your leisure time with.
>> No. 13534
File 123319328514.jpg- (187.72KB , 489x684 , 3040736f3c1c42f92f1c4432e2b71bb2.jpg ) [iqdb]
13534
[x] Don the mask! Find a mirror to see how it looks on you.
[x] Try to find Reisen. Ask if she has any tapes of the The Dude Has Got No Mercy.
[x] Ask if she'd like any help with the chores or preparing lunch; the faster she gets them done, the sooner you'll have a companion to spend your leisure time with.

Useful bunny, good for her companionship appeal, etc.
>> No. 13537
Fuuuuu-

Do not know who to target. Everyone is so likable. Thus bandwagonning.

[x] Don the mask! Find a mirror to see how it looks on you.
[x] Try to find Reisen. Ask if she has any tapes of the The Dude Has Got No Mercy.
[x] Ask if she'd like any help with the chores or preparing lunch; the faster she gets them done, the sooner you'll have a companion to spend your leisure time with.
>> No. 13538
We might think to suggest the bunny tag along the next time we go plinking targets by Rinnosuke.
>> No. 13539
Nice update. I will join the bandwagon!


[x] Don the mask! Find a mirror to see how it looks on you.
[x] Try to find Reisen. Ask if she has any tapes of the The Dude Has Got No Mercy.
[x] Ask if she'd like any help with the chores or preparing lunch; the faster she gets them done, the sooner you'll have a companion to spend your leisure time with.
>> No. 13540
[Z] Don the mask! Find a mirror to see how it looks on you.
[Z] Try to find Reisen. Ask if she has any tapes of the The Dude Has Got No Mercy.
[Z] Ask if she'd like any help with the chores or preparing lunch; the faster she gets them done, the sooner you'll have a companion to spend your leisure time with.

I aim for Reisen because I simply feel that would be the best fit with K.C.
>> No. 13562
>I aim for Reisen because I simply feel that would be the best fit with K.C.

The apparent ease in conversation between the two would indicate that they'll quickly become close friends at the very least.
>> No. 13565
Alright, writing now.
>> No. 13572
>>13565

Hooray!
>> No. 13591
>>13540
>I aim for Reisen because I simply feel that would be the best fit with K.C.

Agreed!
>> No. 13619
The mask, I'm glad we didn't forget about it. I want to see Harker's version of mindfuck.
>> No. 13620
in b4 "The mask, it does nothing!"
>> No. 13623
[X] Don the mask! Find a mirror to see how it looks on you.
[X] Try to find Reisen. Ask if she has any tapes of The Dude Has Got No Mercy.
[X] Ask if she'd like any help with the chores or preparing lunch; the faster she gets them done, the sooner you'll have a companion to spend your leisure time with.

Right, time to figure out just what is the deal with that mask (Or, failing that, see how it looks on you). Giving Eirin a cheerful adieu that she acknowledges with a wave, you exit the lab and travel in the general direction of where you believe you came from. Feeling a random bout of whimsy, you submit to it and begin to hum a nameless tune as you go (in your head it sounds like something akin to a pan flute and a pipe organ layered together). It feels like you should know this song instantly, but the jovial tone of it throws you off. Oh well, it’s nice walking music regardless of its source.

After, amazingly enough, not hitting a single dead end or getting turned around, you find your room in the clinic. Now nearly singing the song beyond naming, you open the door with a flourish.
“Rrawl!” A pink blur jumps at you from inside the room. In an abstract way that you can’t quite explain, you saw it coming. Accordingly, you catch the blur in midair, spin a few times with it in your arms, identify the blur as Tewi at about the second to third rotation, and set her down.
“Hello, Tewi. Have a good nap?” You ask her, noticing she is now bedecked with your hat and scarf.
“Awesome, thank you very much. Seems someone thought I needed a scarf pillow and a hat cover…thing. Know who it coulda been?”
“Oh, I don’t know. Perhaps it was the Nap Fairy?”
“Nap Fairy, huh? Sure it wasn’t a certain worker here that has a secret crush on me?” She asks, a sly smile working its way to her lips.
“Hmm.” You affect an exaggerated thinking pose. “Usada?” You cock your head to the side as you ask and a sudden laugh escapes from Tewi’s mouth.
“Yeah, I really doubt that. Still, whoever this mysterious ‘Nap Fairy’ is should know that this girl flies solo.” Tewi says, pointing a thumb at herself. “Oh, and the hat and scarf are real nice. I think I might just hold on to them.” Well, that’s not good.
“Oh? I do believe the lore of the Nap Fairy says that anyone who keeps the sleep aids will be cursed with bad luck for two years.” That should work. The whole “X years of bad luck” is always a good tag.
“Oh, that’s no problem, then.” Crap.
“Oh?”
“Yeah, I’m a walking fountain of good luck. Hell, people used to look for me just to get the luck bonus for one real big thing. ‘Course, most just use it to get unlost in the bamboo forest.”
“Really? I don’t think I had any problems there.”
“Yeah, and I’ve seen you, like, every day you’ve been here.” Well, she has you there.
“You got me there.” You say, since it does no good to just think it.
“KC! Tewi!” A familiar voice calls out from behind you. Turning around, you see Yue in midair with a big smile on her face moments before she tackles you in the chest. You’re not exactly of slight build, but the weight of a little girl colliding with your topmost half when you least expect it takes you down. You’re not mad, of course, because who could be mad at Yue for being so happy to see him? A big fat jerk, that’s who.
“Yue!” You happily shout while returning her tackle-hug.
“KC!” She shouts again.
“Yue?” Tewi chimes in.
“Tewi!”
“Yue!” You hug her again.
“KC!”
“Yue?”
“Tewi!”
“Yue!”
“KC!”
“Yue?”
“Tewi!”
“Janet?”
“Doctor Scott!”
“Janet!”
“Brad!”
“Rocky!”
“!”

…Okay, those last few were only in your head, but they really did fit. While you were mentally recounting parts of everyone’s favorite late night double feature picture show (by RKO), you and Yue had stood up and dusted yourselves off. Yue’s hat had fallen off in the fall and is putting it back on when Tewi calls her attention.
“So, what’s with all the ruckus?” Tewi asks her.
“Oh, Cha-Cha and her sister wanted to play tag, but Misa said I should see if you wanted to play too.”
“Tag? Awesome, let’s go!” Tewi says while doffing her (your) hat and scarf and tossing them to you. “Don’t go thinking you’re completely off the hook yet!” she points her fist at you. “That was only equal to one third of what you owe me!”
“Right, right. I’ll remember it.” You say after catching the items and replacing them on your head and neck.
“You better! See ya!” She says before darting off.
“Bye, KC! Let’s play later!” Yue says before scampering off with Tewi. Wait, was Tewi always carrying that piece of woo- Hey, that’s Cornelius! You voice your displeasure and Tewi pops back in sight from around a corner.
“Two thirds!” She declares with a grin before disappearing again. That rascally rabbit. While you won’t argue with her about the compensation for helping you work, you’d rather she didn’t snag you’re defense in case of Eyevoid Shanghai. Sadly, the knife just won’t, pardon, “cut it” against an odd dimension with a powerful sociopath (well, by human standards). With nothing left to do, you strike up the tune from earlier again and enter your room

“Mask~ Mask~ Where is my mask?~” You sing as you stroll over to the table. “Ah, yes~ Hier ist es~” You spin on your foot once and grab the aforementioned mask as you briefly contemplate why you’re able to speak in other languages. Didn’t the good teacher Miss Keine say the barrier of language was all but gone here? Oh well, for another day because now it is mask time. As such, you lift the pallid item and note there are no straps on the back of it. How odd. You refuse to let a little oddity like that stop you, though. With a flourish of your arm, you take the mask and firmly place it on your face, completely engulfing it from your hairline to your chin. You feel…

---

Cliffhanger now, the rest after I get a bit of sleep. Also, sorry for the extended "Writing now." I suppose I just wouldn't be Harker if I didn't lie once in a while.
>> No. 13625
>“Yeah, I really doubt that. Still, whoever this mysterious ‘Nap Fairy’ is should know that this girl flies solo.”

Oh, Tewi. You're not fooling anyone.
>> No. 13647
File 123350773333.jpg- (9.10KB , 200x200 , rick_from_splatterhouse.jpg ) [iqdb]
13647
That mask is going to turn KC into a hulking monster.
>> No. 13670
>>13623

Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

Before the soup gets cold, we must care for Mani Mani. Before the knife gets rusty, we must care for Mani Mani.
>> No. 13688
File 123358189215.jpg- (133.95KB , 896x1502 , 1216251752176.jpg ) [iqdb]
13688
Absolutely nothing. That isn’t to say you feel nothing from the mask, but more like all sensory information has abruptly stopped. You don’t feel your scarf against your neck. You can’t smell your breath against the mask. You can’t hear the ambient sounds of the house. You can’t taste your lips as you lick them. You can’t see a damn thing. This is…bad. You try to take off the mask, but your hand just meets air and passes through what should be your head. Correction, this is very bad.

Before you can further contemplate the buggery you are now facing, the music from before abruptly begins anew. It’s…loud. Why is it so loud? Be quiet…Quiet! Shut up! SHUT THE FUCK UP! Please!

please please
please please
please please
please please please
please please
please please please

please

You have to get away. You have to get away! Run! You have to run! Away from this place from the song from the fear from the…from the…the…

Your mind numbs as the song fades away to nothingness. As quickly as this ordeal began, it ends. All of your senses rush back to you at once and you hear a coarse voice whisper in your mind.
Be seeing you.
Wonderful. Real fucking horrorshow.
“Gruugh…” You groan as you try to lift yourself from the floor you apparently fell to. Not finding the strength to bring yourself to your feet, you settle for sitting with your back against the wall. Bile begins to creep up your throat, but you resist the urge to vomit. It wouldn’t do to make a mess. You don’t care to keep track of the time as you sit there collecting yourself.

After what could have been fifteen minutes or fifteen hours you find the strength to get back up. Doing so, you instantly regret it as your stomach rebels against you. A few deep breaths take care of that and the nausea subsides. You sit down on your bed and with trembling hands rub your face. Lordy, that was unpleasant. You have no idea what that was, but it shook you to the core. Note to self: wearing random masks in a land filled with magic isn’t one of the best ideas. Hey, come to think of it, where did that mask go? It’s not on your face and it seems to be nowhere in the room.

…Well, good riddance. As they say, “out of sight, out of mind” and you’d prefer to get this out of mind soon. Maybe some company would help? Yes, that sounds good, but who? Well, you have an easy time conversing with Reisen, so she would be the most prudent choice right now. She’s probably cooking since it was close to lunchtime when you last checked, so the kitchen would be reasonable. Even if she’s working, any company at all would be wonderful. With this in mind you compose yourself, re-button your white gloves, leave the room, and head to the kitchen.

Entering, you see the expected sight of a group of rabbits working in tandem to create a large meal. Contrary to what you had expected, it’s a tall rabbit woman with brown hair and glasses leading the team while cooking a different dish from the others.
“Hm? What do you want?” The unknown rabbit asks you when she notices your presence.
“Just looking for Miss Reisen. I’m Casey, the new worker.”
“Ah, right, Yue’s friend. Miss Reisen is in the Doctor’s office at the clinic right now, but she should be taking a break soon.”
“Thank you, Miss...”
“Chiu.” She says while placing the food she had been cooking (a stir-fry) on three plates with rice.
“Thank you, Miss Chiu.”
“Don’t mention it. Just deliver this plate to Miss Reisen.” She hands you one of them with a set of chopsticks. With a smile and a nod you take the set and exit to Eirin’s office.

You reach the door to the office and give it a knock. After being told to come in by the familiar voice inside, you enter and see Reisen in mid-stretch, her arms raised in the air past the tips of her ears.
“Oh, hello, KC. What a pleasant surprise to see you now.” She says, a warm smile brightening her features as she puts her arms down.
“Hello, Reisen. Hungry?” You hold the plate up as you ask.
“Yes, thank you.” She responds, taking the plate from your outstretched hands. “Didn’t you get anything?”
“Ah, no, I’m not really feeling up to eating right now.”
“Well that’s no good. A healthy man like yourself needs a regular diet and-Oh, goodness! Are you feeling alright?” She asks in a worried tone, her red eyes staring at your face.
“Hm? Why do you ask?”
“Have you looked in a mirror? You look terrible! Your face is pale, your eyes are bloodshot, it looks like you’ve been awake for days!”
“It’s nothing, really. Something just disagreed with me.”
“Disagree? It looks like you had a full-blown argument.” Reisen says, calming down.
“Really, I appreciate your concern but I’m fine.”
“If you say so...” Her tone betrays her disbelief, but she lets you slide.
“That I do. So, how’s work going?”
“Quite good, to be honest. I’m nearly done with the paperwork Master assigned to me.”
“That’s good to hear. If I may be so bold, would you care for some company once you are finished?”
“Sure. I didn’t have any plans, so you can go ahead and choose what we do.”
“Oh? How nice of you.”
“Well, you are our guest, after all.” Reisen smiles at you.
“Hrm. You wouldn’t happen to have any tapes of The Dude Has Got No Mercy, would you?”
“I’m afraid not. I was in a bit of a… hurry when I came here.” You notice her ears droop in front of her face while saying this.
“Ah, that’s a shame. Your description really caught my interest the other day.” As you say this, her face reddens.
“Um, well, yeah, it’s a really great series. Anyway, I’ll give you some time to think about it.” She begins to eat her food.

Well now, what sounds like a proper thing to do? You could always relax with some of the rabbits. You could also go to the garden to chat. You could even do something completely different.

Ultimately, you choose to…
>> No. 13689
>Hey, come to think of it, where did that mask go? It’s not on your face and it seems to be nowhere in the room.

It is a part of you now!

[x] Ask for her help in tracking down Tewi to get Cornelius back.
[x] Following that, try to gather some rabbits and see if you can get a cricket game going.
>> No. 13691
why the hell did any of you vote to put the mask on anyway

i mean what the fuck

jesus christ
>> No. 13693
Okay, we've just done something amazingly stupid, but that doesn't mean we can't make up for it as much as we can.

We should probably tell someone. That way, even if we gain some sort of awful second personality and start rampaging over the grounds and everyone's saying, "Ah, that person was evil all this time," we'll still have someone who believes in us.

[X] Talk to Miss Eirin about the mask, its effects upon you, and its disappearance. Ask if she has any idea about your affliction, or how to cure it.
[X] Definitely tell her about that "Be seeing you".
>> No. 13694
>>13691

Yes because ignoring the MacGuffin always turns out so well.
>> No. 13695
>>13693
Lets tell everyone we are a raving loon. makes sense to me.

[Z] go for a walk, ask Reisen about her experiences in gensokyo.
>> No. 13696
>>13695

The only one we definitely tell this to is Rinnosuke, as it originally came from Yukari. We could have him relay the question about its origins to her.
>> No. 13700
>>13696

Wait, speaking of Rinnosuke, we should have asked the name and use of the mask!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Unless he would have just told us it was a mask used for concealing the face.
>> No. 13703
[X] Go to Rinnosuke and ask him about the mask, telling him what happened when you put it on.
>> No. 13705
>>13703
hang on. better idea.

[Z] Take Reisen out shopping.

This sounds like a good option. spend time with Reisen, go to Rinnosuke's, giving him more business, and while we are there, we can ask him about the mask. also, while we are there, we can earn some money for the rest of the shopping trip by pointing out a few objects.... but weren't we there already once today?

naw this is different.
>> No. 13706
[X] Take Reisen out shopping.

Take our favorite bunny out shopping.
>> No. 13710
File 123366456680.jpg- (98.47KB , 400x500 , 1220832507698.jpg ) [iqdb]
13710
From the empty air a rift in time and space appears. A purple rift tied at both ends with a ribbon, but a rift nonetheless. From it springs a cheerful blonde woman in purple. She spins once before stopping to address you.

“Hello~, Your friend Yukarin here~. It has come to my attention that mean old Mister Harker has been portraying me in a rather unsympathetic light to you lovely readers. Isn’t that just the worst? Cute little me as some kind of monster? He even has the gall to rank me as one of his favorites!

Well, my vanity aside, I thought I’d give you lovelies a gift! Really, there’s no need to thank me. Here’s a little look-see at what may have happened when you were playing with little Mokou. Remember that? Before I showed up with all the thunder of an antagonist that I didn’t deserve? Well, goodbye and enjoy, lovelies! Oh, don’t mind if things seem a bit far fetched, by the way. It’s all for the sake of a good story! Now, I’m off to go see how my Miko is doing. Ciao~!”

The woman hops into the rift again. Afterwords, it stretches out and advances towards you before enveloping you completely.

[x] Spin around and hold her dramatically. Maybe throw in a suave, passionate french kiss.

Ah, this woman underestimates you. If it’s a game you want, then it is a game you shall get, Miss Fujiwara, and you deny the role of just being a prop. You spin and pull her into a close embrace, your face centimeters away from hers. You notice her face has taken on a pinkish shade once the surprise wore off.
“Miss Fujiwara, it seems I am the one who has captured you.” Her face deepens in color.
“Y-Yeah, it seems so.” Mokou says, her voice betraying her discomfort. For some reason you find this simply…irresistible.
“Well, since I am your captor, I believe I shall take my due.” She begins to question your meaning, but your lips silence her. To your surprise, she puts up no resistance to your advance. In what has upgraded to your astonishment, she even begins to return it. Well, if that’s how she wants to play, you’re happy to up the ante.
“Mmn?” She moans in surprise as you slide your tongue into her mouth, caressing her palette. After a moment of hesitation, she begins to respond in kind. The world seems to shrink so it only contains the two of you as you make out with an immortal woman you haven’t known for more than a few days. The absurdity of the situation would amuse you if you were not preoccupied with taking in as much of Mokou as you can. The warm wetness of her mouth, how hot her body is, her wonderfully thin lips, her half-closed crimson eyes, her hand rustling the hair on the back of your head, her…her… everything. You don’t know if this is love or something far more primal; all you know is that you need more of this woman and, by God, you’re taking as much of her kiss as you can.

After a blissful span of time, Mokou reluctantly breaks the kiss (to your disappointment).
“That was…amazing.” She says between breaths.
“Yeah…” You say, your wit unavailable at the moment.
“You know, I’ve never been kissed like that before.” She rests her body against you.
“Really?”
“Yeah…Though, I think more where that came from wouldn’t be too bad.” She says while making eye contact with you.
“Well, I’d be happy to provide.” Yes, that sounded good.
“Um…” Keine’s voice breaks you two out of your reverie.
“Shit! Keine, we didn’t mean to-“ Mokou breaks away from you and rushes over to her friend. You quickly follow her with an apology of your own.
“No, no, it’s alright. If you want to mate like dogs in heat it’s none of my business.” Keine stomps away from the cart and into the forest.
“Ah, man, she’s pissed. Listen, I’ll go and calm her down.” Mokou leans in and gives you a quick peck on the lips. “See you around, loverboy.” Mokou hurries after her friend into the trees, leaving you alone next to the cart.

Well, as bad as angering Keine makes you feel, you can’t help but also feel happy. “See you around” indeed, Mokou. Next time you just may get more than a not-so-innocent kiss.
---
I don't know why I included the bit at the top, but it was fun to write. It's unlikely to show up again, so if you dislike it don't worry.

Also, this is one of the two bonus things I had promised before. The second will be much more sexy than a little make-out session.
>> No. 13713
FFFFFFFFFFF
YUKARI
>> No. 13714
>Here’s a little look-see at what may have happened when you were playing with little Mokou. Remember that? Before I showed up with all the thunder of an antagonist that I didn’t deserve?

GODDAMMIT YUKARI!
>> No. 13720
File 123371972785.jpg- (44.52KB , 500x291 , 1209632237303.jpg ) [iqdb]
13720
>what may have happened
>may

Uh huh.
>> No. 13721
File 123373947439.jpg- (348.83KB , 1600x1200 , AWESOME.jpg ) [iqdb]
13721
>>13710
>> No. 13722
>Mokou leans in and gives you a quick peck on the lips. “See you around, loverboy.” Mokou hurries after her friend into the trees, leaving you alone next to the cart.
>Well, as bad as angering Keine makes you feel, you can’t help but also feel happy. “See you around” indeed, Mokou. Next time you just may get more than a not-so-innocent kiss.
I approve of this whole heartedly.
>> No. 13723
[X] Take Reisen out shopping.

Shopping for what, I dunno. What funds we have to shop with, I dunno. Reasons to drag Reisen around, I dunno. Still, we need to go shopping.
>> No. 13724
>>13723

Awesome, a third vote.

I'm kind of boned for time today, but expect the update tomorrow. And, possibly, the second thing I mentioned.
>> No. 13729
[x] Go for a walk, ask Reisen about her experiences in Gensokyo.
[x] Take Reisen out shopping.

And we'll make up the rest as we go along.
>> No. 13742
[X] Talk to Miss Eirin about the mask, its effects upon you, and its disappearance. Ask if she has any idea about your affliction, or how to cure it.
[X] Definitely tell her about that "Be seeing you".

I really, really, really hope we don't end up talking in kind of a lazy, casual, distracted semi-mumble, occasionally smacking our lips to wet them.
>> No. 13797
File 123403980795.jpg- (47.64KB , 550x640 , 56558b0bcbc7d0a9d5c9a2df8fb92206.jpg ) [iqdb]
13797
Well, shit. That turned out to be a bold-faced lie and a half. At the very least something will come some time tonight.

Silly Mokou, you don't know what cellphone is.
>> No. 13799
>>13797

Hooray!
>> No. 13825
File 12340979129.png- (253.06KB , 450x600 , 1216698372350.png ) [iqdb]
13825
...Or not. Nothing worth the effort of posting is coming forth from my mind. Writing will resume once I clear the sludge from my brain.

Picture quite unrelated, but is a fine example of why one should drink responsibly.
>> No. 13856
HARKER.
>> No. 13857
File 123431616063.jpg- (93.98KB , 444x1278 , 1231992171927.jpg ) [iqdb]
13857
>>13825
>> No. 13861
PARKER.
>> No. 13870
File 123435441711.jpg- (35.86KB , 300x410 , jk_simmons.jpg ) [iqdb]
13870
>>13861
I need pictures! Pictures of spiderman!

Take as much time as you need, Harker. We'll be waiting.
>> No. 13947
File 123469263231.jpg- (207.55KB , 568x498 , fcd732793dfafcb8ad169712d7ca2937.jpg ) [iqdb]
13947
[X] Take Reisen out shopping.

What would be proper to do with a lovely woman during her break time? Why, go shopping, of course! At least, that’s what comes to mind.
“How does going shopping sound?” You ask Reisen. She finishes swallowing a mouthful of stir-fry before answering.
“Shopping? But I don’t think we’re in need of any supplies right now.”
“Then how about shopping for fun?” You offer.
“Well…” She brings her chopsticks to her mouth and thinks for a moment. After a moment of contemplation, she nods her head with a smile “Okay, that sounds fun.”
“Then it’s decided. Shall we go once you finish?”
“Yes, that sounds good. Just give me a moment or two and we can be off.”
“Please, take your time.” You say to her as she resumes eating. She simply gives you a thumbs-up and a smile before hiccuping. With a healthy amount of redness in her cheeks, Reisen then focuses all of her attention on her food.

Once Reisen finished eating, she hurried to the kitchen to drop off her plate. Waiting by the clinic, you decide to check on your monetary situation while she is gone. Yes, you still have fifty-three yen. As you put the coins back from whence they came, Reisen reappears before you.
“Shall we go?” You ask her
“Yes, let’s.” She returns and the two of you walk to the exit.

As you make your way out of Eientei’s front garden, Reisen brings up a very good question.
“So, where do you suggest we go?” …ah.
“Well, since it’s your break, I’d say it’s your choice.” That’s fair, right?
“All of the places have their good points, so any of them are good for me.”
“But isn’t there a place you’d rather go over the others?”
“Not especially. Really, it’s your choice. There isn’t much work to do, so I have plenty of time on break today.” Says Reisen as she smiles at you.
“Well, I’m afraid I haven’t been here long enough to learn the specialties of each place.”
“Oh? Well, it pretty much boils down to the Bamboo Village having many great craftsmen, the Misty Lake Village having wonderful seafood, and the Human Village having a grand variety of things. Like I said, they’re all good choices.” You had hoped she’d take the lead in your ignorance, but so much for that. Looks like it’s all up to you now. You decide to go to…

Pick two:

[] Human Village.
[] Misty Lake Village.
[] Bamboo Village.
[] Kourindou.

---

A thousand apologies for my absence. I was in a bit of a slump, as the recent QUALITY indicates (Since I can't seem to delete it, let's just forget that little nugget of crap I had the gall to think was worth posting ever existed, yes?). Anyway, the slump is now pretty much over and the quality should be getting back to a normal level.
>> No. 13948
[X] Human Village.
>> No. 13949
[†] Misty Lake Village.
[†] Bamboo Village.
>> No. 13951
[Z] Bamboo Village.
[Z] Kourindou.
>> No. 13953
[x] Bamboo Village.
[x] Misty Lake Village
>> No. 13955
[X] Bamboo Village.
[X] Kourindou.
>> No. 13956
[x] Bamboo Village.
[x] Kourindou.
>> No. 13960
Well, the Bamboo Village has taken a large majority, but Kourindou is barely beating out the Misty Village three-to-two. Not exactly a majority I'd prefer, but if it stays like that I'll take what I can get.
>> No. 13965
[x] Bamboo Village.
[x] Kourindou.

I'd vote for Misty Lake, but we just ate. Maybe Reisen will spot something else she recognizes. Also, if Tokiko's still there trying to get her books back, we can resolve that and impress Reisen at the same time. Not that that's the reason for doing it, of course, just a bonus.
>> No. 13972
[x] Bamboo Village.
[x] Kourindou.
>> No. 13974
[x] Bamboo Village.
[x] Kourindou.

Don't forget, the whole point of taking Reisen shopping was to ask Rinnosuke about the mask!
>> No. 13976
File 123485819473.jpg- (317.53KB , 1000x1150 , 3098894_.jpg ) [iqdb]
13976
>>13974
Since when?
>> No. 13977
Called and writing. Update due either tonight or tomorrow.
>> No. 13978
>>13976
Since >>13705.
>> No. 13980
[x] Misty Lake Village
[x] Kourindou

Reisen's probably been to the Bamboo Village hundreds of times. Let's show her something new!
>> No. 13990
>>13977

hooray!
>> No. 14064
HARKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER
>> No. 14066
>>14064

Hello.
>> No. 14067
>>14066
Hi.
>> No. 14069
File 123512512323.jpg- (203.18KB , 601x800 , e97e1ba763723a626e34e17dff444abc.jpg ) [iqdb]
14069
[x] Bamboo Village.
[x] Kourindou. <On hold

“Well, how about starting with the Bamboo Village and then heading over to Kourindou?” You propose to Reisen.
“Hmm? Kourindou?” She tilts her head slightly.
“Yes, it’s actually quite relaxing there. Rinnosuke is a rather decent chap.”
“I see. I’m afraid I’ve never had much reason to go there aside from one or two times.” Reisen says while laughing a bit at what you assume to be a memory of those times.
“Well then, I get the feeling you’ll have a different opinion of the shop by the end of the day.” You give her a cheerful smile. Or, what you hope to be cheerful. It probably looks more haggard than anything, but the intent is there.
“Let’s hope it’s a good one.” Reisen returns the smile.
“Right, of course. For now, shall we go to the village within the bamboo?”
“Yes, let’s. Right this way, KC.” She says as she leads you through the green poles of bamboo. You follow, feeling better with each passing moment.

You enter the village while chatting about this and that with your cony companion. You seem to have entered from a different end of the village because the area around you isn’t even close to familiar. One thing that strikes you is how for every one person walking on the street there seems to be two lounging on the sides napping, drinking, playing games, or working on some item or another.
“This place seems very…bohemian.” You remark.
“It’s one of the draws of this village. You probably have only seen the business area where the shops are.”
“I must have. I don’t recall so many people sitting around last time.” Reisen giggles a bit at that.
“Well, they like to term it ‘brainstorming their next masterpieces’ if you ask them.” Reisen says with a dainty laugh.
“Is that right? I suppose artistic types are alike wherever you go.”
“Speaking from experience?”
“Indeed I am. My father is such a type as are a few of my friends.”
“Oh? It must have been an interesting group.”
“You could say that. My father not so much, but my friends definitely.”
“I see. Suddenly getting cut off from your friends and family…it must be hard.” Reisen says with a note of concern.

[] “Not really.”
[] “Yes, but I can handle it.”
[] “I suppose.”
[] “I try not to think about it.”

and

[] Anything specific you wish to chat about?

---

Oh look, an update days later than I had said. I'd apologize yet again, but it seems kind of hollow at this point.
>> No. 14070
Hmmm. If our answer's a bit too chipper, Reisen may see us as someone who's better off without any personal ties--as we'll only throw them off, as if they don't matter, in the case of a hypothetical parting.

That would be a bad image of us, yessirree.
>> No. 14080
[x] “I try not to think about it.”
[x] Ask Reisen about her own family.
>> No. 14083
[x] “I try not to think about it.”

>[] “I try not to think about it.”
I thought we tried this already. I don't think we'll get far with this one.
>> No. 14084
[x] "Yes, but there's someone here that helps me get through the day and with a smile no less"
[x] Art scene in Gensokyo
>> No. 14092
>>14087
>My opinion? This is one of the worst things we can do after basically telling her we're not comfortable talking about our own family. Also, we learned earlier that she's not comfortable talking about where she came from, and that would probably include her real family. Though, she may now consider those at Eientei her family.

No, it's actually the best time to bring it up, since our previous deflection gives her an easy out without fear of embarrassment for being evasive. Example:

"I try not to think about it. You?"

"Very much the same. I prefer to live for the present."

"A laudable philosophy."
>> No. 14095
[x] “I try not to think about it.”
[x] Ask Reisen about her own family.
>> No. 14096
[x] "Yes, but there's someone here that helps me get through the day; with a smile, no less!"
[x] Talk about your most recent trip to Kourindou: shooting junk with Rinnosuke and having tea with Reimu.
>> No. 14099
>>14092

Fuck, you're right.

[x] “I try not to think about it.”
[x] Ask Reisen about her own family.
>> No. 14102
[x] "Yes...
[x] Pause, reflectively, then smile at Reisen.
[x] "...but there's someone here that helps me get through the day; with a smile, no less!"
[x] Talk about your most recent trip to Kourindou: shooting junk with Rinnosuke and having tea with Reimu.
[⌚] Check the time.

>>14092
And then they had tea and crumpets.
>> No. 14103
[x] “I suppose. I try not to think about it.”
[x] Ask Reisen about her own family.
[x] Discuss the art and music scene in Gensokyo.

Should really answer it first, or it kind of sounds like we're just brushing her off. But yeah, we just had a conversation with ourself about this >>13474 .

>>14087
I read it more as "I try not to let it bother me" rather than "I don't want to talk about it", but I think my alteration makes that more clear. shit I thought I posted this last night
>> No. 14104
>>14103
>But yeah, we just had a conversation with ourself about this >>13474.

I'm waiting for KC to accidentally refer to Yue as "Katherine", becoming immediately horrified and then diving into despair.
>> No. 14109
>>14069
[X] “I try not to think about it.”
[X] Ask Reisen about her own family.

This is rather reasonable, mostly because Reisen is likely to answer in kind. If moon bunny becomes the target later on, sharing the facts/truth of the situation would be a pleasant moment.
>> No. 14113
File 123527889694.jpg- (127.91KB , 590x699 , 2c8afae0676ae206ea2008e2220ae2ee.jpg ) [iqdb]
14113
>>14109
>If moon bunny becomes the target later on
Slowpoke, is that you?
>> No. 14115
>>14113

Turn off your targeting computer, Anon.

True gentlemen like KC use the Force.
>> No. 14122
>>14115
But what if we blow up Reisen's Death Star?
>> No. 14126
>>14122

If you know what I mean.
>> No. 14127
>>14122

Then we've overextended this metaphor.
>> No. 14128
>>14122
Then KC gets a medal.
>> No. 14131
>>14122
You mean, what if we shoot proton torpedos down her tunnel into her reactor core?

I think that means we win the game.
>> No. 14132
Yeah. Shouldn't be all that difficult either, I mean I used to bulleyes whomp-rats back home and... ah, crap.
>> No. 14259
;_;
>> No. 14269
>>14259
Seconded.
;_;
>> No. 14285
HARKEEEER
>> No. 14334
File 123623327755.gif- (49.56KB , 798x560 , 0ba1dda49a6d0b20c37ba13d8ab7170e.gif ) [iqdb]
14334
>>14285

Hey there.

Seems that slump wasn't quite as done as I thought. Anyway, I'm not too sure on the next update's ETA, but it should be here before the weekend finishes.

Also, No Mercy Versus can suck my ass. Fucking elevator.
>> No. 14336
Hooray Harker!
>> No. 14350
>>14334

many hoorays
>> No. 14354
The weekend has ended.
>> No. 14356
>>14354

Silence knave, there's still five minutes left.
>> No. 14357
>>14354
>>14356

Shit. Well, the update is still coming all the same.
>> No. 14358
[X] “I try not to think about it.”
[X] Ask Reisen about her own family.

“Well, to be honest, I try not to think about it too much.” You answer her while feeling a desire to watch Star Wars.
“That’s probably for the best.” Reisen says with a nod and a smile.
“I think so, too. Speaking of which, could you tell me a bit about your family?”
“My family? Well… I don’t think there’s much to say. Most of us were soldiers and… I’m sorry, but could we switch topics?” Her ears have drooped a bit and her smile seems a bit strained.
“Sure thing.” You really don’t see the need to upset her. You’re supposed to be having fun with her, after all. “I was wondering about the art and music scene here, anyway.” At this Reisen begins to perk up.
“Well, it’s quite lively. It’s centered here where most of the artists have set up shop. Well, except for the actors.” She says.
“The actors?”
“Yes, most acting troupes are in the Human Village. I guess they like the glitz and glamour of the rich district.”
“I couldn’t really say, having not been there and all.” You say. From what you’ve seen of Gensokyo, you don’t really expect much.
“Oh, you really should some time. It’s quite nice since I believe the Kappa helped spruce it up a while back.” You remember Keine mentioning those “Kappa” things back at the café. Must be some kind of technologically advanced people or something.
“Is that so? I’ll have to check it out. Of course, I could use a guide around the area.”
“Well, I’m sure Master could show you around. She has made quite a few house calls to that district.” Reisen says with a smile. You can almost hear the sound of your intent going over her head.
“Oh?” is all you can manage. You’re not totally sure if she honestly didn’t catch your meaning or if she’s just trying to deflect it.
“Yes, the richer people are able to afford the extra cost, even if Master would rather not charge anything for her services.”
“Huh, I wouldn’t have pegged her the type. She honestly seems to be a very practical woman.”
“Well…” Reisen looks around before leaning in and holding a hand beside her mouth while speaking to you in a low voice. “You didn’t hear this from me, but Master is very idealistic when it comes to medicine and healing. If it wasn’t for the Princess, I doubt she’d charge anything at all. Even now she hardly charges more than the minimum for supplies.”
“I see…” To be honest, that’s rather charming. Maybe it’s your personal bias, but it’s refreshing to hear that some still see healing as more important than getting paid.
“Besides,” Reisen says whilst pulling away. “It’s not like they don’t have extra money to spend. A good amount of them have useless things they bought from Kourindou just taking up space.”
“Speaking of which, I was by there earlier. Turns out that Coilgun is quite fun to shoot.”
“Oh? I’ve heard those types are very easy to use. Is it true there is no recoil?”
“None that I felt. It was like shooting a squirt gun, but instead of water it shoots speeding hunks of metal.”
“Wow, the things they give nobles…” Reisen says in awe. …Idea!
“You know, if you want, we can head over to Rinnosuke’s and see if you can try it out for yourself.”
“Really? Would that be alright?” She says, slightly surprised.
“I see no reason why it wouldn’t be. Worse comes to worse, I can negotiate something with him. So, how about it?” You say with a smile. You really hope you don’t look too ghoulish.
“Well, I can’t argue with that, now can I? That sounds fun. Shall we go?”
“Yes, let’s.” You reply with a nod. In moments Reisen is holding you around the waist and flying through the air. You briefly wonder why you didn’t use this method to leave the forest, but drop it when you rationalize that Reisen must have her reasons. All that’s left for you to do is enjoy the awesome flight while it lasts.

Eventually, Kourindou comes into view. After touching down in front of the door, you knock on it and wait. After a few moments, it opens revealing the book girl from earlier, her face completely pale.
“H-Hello and welcome. Please c-c-come inside.” She says with a slight stutter. What could have her so freaked out?
“Toki, dear~ Who is at the door~?” Oh God, you know that voice. By Zeus, Odin, and whatever deity may be listening, let it not be so. Venturing to take a peek inside, your fears are realized. Inside, behind the counter, in Rinnosuke’s lap, sits Yukari Yakumo. Damn it all to hell. Way to drop the ball, gods. No wonder Monotheism took over. You glance over at Reisen and see she has stiffened slightly. Maybe you should…

[] Leave. Vamoose. Scram. Get the hell out of here. Reisen will understand.
[] Stay. You came here so Reisen could try out the gun and you intend to fulfill that goal.
>> No. 14359
[x] Stay. You came here so Reisen could try out the gun and you intend to fulfill that goal.
>> No. 14360
[x] Stay. You came here so Reisen could try out the gun and you intend to fulfill that goal.

It's not like Yukari would just let us leave, anyway. Or maybe she would, I dunno.
>> No. 14361
[x] Stay. You came here so Reisen could try out the gun and you intend to fulfill that goal.
>> No. 14363
[x] "Toki" was it? How fortuitous. Just the person you wanted to talk to in private. Drag her outside.

Staying is a terrible idea; Reisen who we took her to have some fun is already unnerved at the prospect. However, it would be cowardly to just abandon the terrified book youkai.
>> No. 14364
[x] "Toki" was it? How fortuitous. Just the person you wanted to talk to in private. Drag her outside.

Poor Tokiko.
>> No. 14365
>>14360 here

Deletion password fail, accidentally hit report. Changing vote to:

[x] "Toki" was it? How fortuitous. Just the person you wanted to talk to in private. Drag her outside.
>> No. 14369
[x] "Toki" was it? How fortuitous. Just the person you wanted to talk to in private. Drag her outside.

Let's save Tokiko and get the Hell out of here!
>> No. 14370
[X] "Toki" was it? How fortuitous. Just the person you wanted to talk to in private. Drag her outside.

Are we bad enough dudes to save the book youkai?
>> No. 14376
[x] "Toki" was it? How fortuitous. Just the person you wanted to talk to in private. Drag her outside.

Make like a tree and GTFO.
>> No. 14391
[x] "Toki" was it? How fortuitous. Just the person you wanted to talk to in private. Drag her outside.
>> No. 14396
[x] "Toki" was it? How fortuitous. Just the person you wanted to talk to in private. Drag her outside.
>> No. 14400
File 123666828271.jpg- (40.02KB , 320x360 , tw.jpg ) [iqdb]
14400
[x] "Toki" was it? How fortuitous. Just the person you wanted to talk to in private. Drag him outside.
>> No. 14434
File 123672689052.jpg- (305.88KB , 700x800 , 1234936344553.jpg ) [iqdb]
14434
>>14400

Well, she definitely isn't a bumblebee.

Called and will get around to writing soon. For now, a Hakutaku. Seriously, that little thing is too damn cute. Just looking at it makes me want to feed it oyster crackers.
>> No. 14451
>>14434

hooray!
>> No. 14474
File 123683526377.jpg- (173.87KB , 500x500 , 391221.jpg ) [iqdb]
14474
>>14434
Looks to me like we just booked a trip aboard the Liar Train headed for Liar Island where the natives drink lie nectar out of lying coconut shells while they lie about lying about Liar Beach making liar sand castles drinking lye-free lie cocktails.
>> No. 14476
File 123684343952.jpg- (155.42KB , 640x498 , ImmortalKitties3.jpg ) [iqdb]
14476
>>14474

Well, when you think about it, a few days is soon compared to two weeks like last time.


...Yes, I know it's weak. Writing will resume tomorrow. Also, kitties with jerkass tendencies.
>> No. 14489
>>14476
HARKER.
>> No. 14495
File 123689752123.jpg- (54.62KB , 443x333 , lurch4.jpg ) [iqdb]
14495
>>14489

You rang?
>> No. 14496
>>14495
First, Please stop saging when you update, even if it's just your status. I'd like to stay informed and I sometimes miss whats going on. I love your story and your characters. Don't worry if you have to take some time between updates, I'll wait. But Silence is worrying. Like when Scorn disappeared for a few months.

Second, You're one of my favorite authors on here. Not a whole lot of people say that to the authors they enjoy so I'm just going to put it out there. Your story is always a joy to read, and when there is an update, it's a real pick me up.
>> No. 14497
[x] "Toki" was it? How fortuitous. Just the person you wanted to talk to in private. Drag her outside.
>> No. 14518
File 123694552583.jpg- (84.30KB , 550x600 , 4ope.jpg ) [iqdb]
14518
>>14496

Well, if you insist. I suppose if someone takes issue with it I can just switch back.

Also, thank you. I know I haven't really responded to much positive feedback (which is a profoundly dick move on my part), but, really, thank you. I would write some really mushy jazz about how much I appreciate all of you that read (writing is for the readers, after all), vote (I can barely count all of the fine write-ins even before the write-in only sections), and comment (Lie Juice stuff always gives me a chuckle), but that's best left for another time. So, yeah, all of you are awesome.

Unfortunately, I am quite the opposite of awesome right now since I have no finished update to show. It should be fully finished tomorrow/today/some hours after I wake up.

Mokou getting pantsed unrelated, but nice.
>> No. 14551
File 123701615254.png- (91.68KB , 800x540 , 1203476153536.png ) [iqdb]
14551
[x] "Toki" was it? How fortuitous. Just the person you wanted to talk to in private. Drag her outside.

“Toki, was it?” You ask the terrified girl.
“Yes?” She replies in a small voice.
“Ah, how fortunate. You’re just the person we wanted to speak to.”
“I…am?”
“Of course! There is something we wanted to ask you in private.” Reisen responds, following your lead.
“Now, if you’ll just come with us…” You say while motioning for her to leave with you. You see the color quickly return to her face.
“Bye!” She shouts into the store before grabbing you and Reisen by the wrists and hurrying away with you in tow. Before you reach the sanctuary outside the clearing, a sadly familiar shard of Eyevoid appears before you three, stopping your little group in its tracks. From the void pops the cheerful face of Yukari, looking straight at you.
“Now, Mister Mills and Miss Inaba, wherever could you be taking Kourin’s new worker~?”
“But I don’t want to be his worker! I don’t even want the books anymore!” Toki says with an edge of anger in her voice.
Non non non, little Toki. I won’t allow you to give up on something you were so passionate about. Is Kourin really that scary?” Yukari says with a smile that looks downright mocking. It almost loses some impact since she’s currently just a floating head. Almost.
“If I were to venture a guess, I’d say you are the cause of her distress.” You’re not a fan of how that rhymed, but you step forward and say it anyway. Even when she’s not talking to you, this woman gets on your nerves. Reisen looks at you, surprise evident in her eyes.
“Oh? Is this so, little Toki?” Yukari, with the smile still plastered on her face, asks the girl.
“Well, um, you are kind of scary and you pinch my wings and you play tricks and ruffle my feathers and… My name is Tokiko!” She says, seemingly emboldened by you and Reisen beside her.
“Well then, little Tokiko-ko, we’ll just-” Yukari abruptly stops when she glances at your hands.
“What?” You ask her.
“Where did you get those gloves?” She bluntly responds, voice devoid of mirth. Well, that’s a very good question. You don’t remember buying or receiving them, but you also don’t remember not having them. When you think about it, the gloves are a hazy part in your memory. It’s almost like someone took a picture and drew in another item with crayon. It feels unnatural, but also like how it’s supposed to be.
“I can’t say I know.” You finally say. Yukari sighs.
“Oh, bother. I can’t believe I forgot… Well, nevermind. Go ahead and go back to Kourin. I have things to do now.” She begins to withdraw her neck into the shard.
“Wait. Was this your doing?” you demand before she can leave.
“Hmm? Maybe.” She says with a wink and a smirk.
“Well, what did you do to me?” Silence is her response. “Yukari?” More silence. “Yukari Yakumo.” Yet more silence. “Answer me!” She then smiles again before pulling into the shard and closing it. Damn it! What the hell is her problem?! All you want to know is what in God’s name is happening to you and she just disappears! And that damn smile! That fucking smile! She’s enjoying this! That bitch! Same as when she pulled apart Mokou! And put her head in Keine’s lap!
“Casey? Are you alright?” Reisen asks from behind you. Quickly, you calm yourself to the best of your ability and turn back.
“Sorry, you may know this already, but that woman is very trying on one’s patience.” You probably wouldn’t have gotten so angry if it wasn’t for the little event in your room.
“Yes, I can see. I’m guessing your condition and that exchange just now might be related?”
“Yes, that’s what I was thinking.” Thank God Reisen understands. You’d hate for her to think you have anger problems (whether you have them or not).
“Hey, um, Hat Guy.” Tokiko takes your attention.
“Yes?”
“Thanks for getting me out of there.”
“No problem. Still going to go after your books?”
“Of course, I’ll just have to plan when I show up better!”
“Like right now? Yukari should be gone.” Reisen suggests.
“No. I’ve had enough of that place today. I’m going home. Bye Miss Rabbit! Bye Hat Guy!” She says before flying off, not asking your real names.
“Well, there she goes.” Reisen says.
“Yes, yes she does.” You respond.
“So, what should we do now?” Reisen asks you.

Well…

[] Give Kourindou another try.
[] That’s enough excitement. Back to Eientei.
[] Let Reisen choose.
>> No. 14552
[X] Do we know what books she was talking about, specifically? If so, borrow them for her.
[X] Other than that...there's been too much excitement for one day.
[X] Ask Reisen if she knows a relaxing place.
>> No. 14553
[] Let Reisen choose.

Let the moon bunny choose.
>> No. 14554
[] Let Reisen choose.
>> No. 14555
[] Let Reisen choose.
>> No. 14564
[x] Let Reisen choose.

Returning to Eientei would be a waste of the free time.
>> No. 14565
[✗] Let Reisen choose.
>> No. 14566
[x] Let Reisen choose.

Delicious moon bunny.
>> No. 14567
[] Let Reisen choose.
>> No. 14617
[x] Give Kourindou another try.
We have to ask Rinnosuke about the mask, remember?
>> No. 14618
For anyone interested, I think the gloves showed up after we wore the mask.
>> No. 14696
updatessssssss
>> No. 14697
File 123745102948.gif- (86.76KB , 241x230 , 1208242362962.gif ) [iqdb]
14697
Oh hey, autosage. New thread will come sometime. If you'll pardon the slight blogging, things haven't been the best lately and to top it off I just wrecked my car in a crash today. Remember, kids: don't be an idiot and drive when you're too tired or absent-minded to tell how close is too close.

Here's Mokou doing something besides dying.
>> No. 14700
>>14697
Youch. I'm glad you at least made it out relatively unhurt, but wreckin' your car...

Well, don't push yourself too hard, man. Nobody's gonna hold it against you if you put your life before writing.
>> No. 14701
File 12374663915.gif- (772.29KB , 512x384 , Dance3.gif ) [iqdb]
14701
>>14700

Yeah, I'm fine. The worst thing I have is frayed nerves that make me irritated at the slightest things (gee, I wonder why). As soon as I can calm the fuck down and am able to get some sleep, I'll be happy to get back to writing.
>> No. 14819
Harker...


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x