- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 20276)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 12576674833.jpg - (176.01KB, 572x718, Irritated Ran.jpg) [iqdb]
20276 No. 20276
[X] Suika's right, the others probably really could use some help.

***

"Good point," you concede, "as much as I'd like to fool around with you, I can't think of anything to play that wouldn't be better done during the party than during the preparations."

"Right," Suika confirms with a sly grin, "ain't nothing we can do together that can't be done better when we're drunk, and you've lost your inhibitions."

"You mean when we've lost our inhibitions," you correct her automatically.

"No," Suika whispers lowly. Suddenly you find yourself being yanked forward, bringing your face within an inch of hers; her brown eyes, half-lidded and smoldering with a soft glow, fill your vision, and your lips tingle with the slightest brush of hers, maddeningly just beyond your reach. Her voice comes a sultry warm breeze caressing your lips. "I mean your inhibitions."

Something in your chest tightens up, and your eyes drift shut as you lean in... and Suika abruptly releases you, causing you to pitch forward, narrowly avoiding a faceful of floor only by the instinct to start floating. You scramble back upright, sputtering all the way, your tongue too tied to talk. As you flounder about for words, Suika simply stands back and shakes her head.

"You should know that oni like me always say what we mean," she says, wagging a finger at you. "My inhibitions never entered into this."

You stare at her while trying to catch your breath, and just when you're about to say something, you're interrupted by Ran stepping out of the dining room and into the hall. She looks like a mess, the twin points on her odd cap drooping in different degrees, messy strands of golden hair poking out from beneath the frilly brim, and curling in wildly different directions. Her clothes are rumpled, and seem slightly off, and even the tails poking through the rear of her dress seem to be tangled messes of fur more than the fluffy and friendly looking things you remember. Her eyes, half-lidded and slightly red, pass slowly between you and Suika, before drifting shut, putting the bags beneath them prominently on display. She massages her temples gently, and speaks in a quiet, subdued voice.

"I apologize, but might I ask you two to please lower your voices?"

"Sure thing," Suika replies before you have a chance to reply. Summoning her purple gourd to her hand, Suika holds it up to Ran, who stares blankly back at her in silence. Suika's cheerful smile softens, and she pushes the gourd forward, forcing Ran to take it. "Hair of the dog, Ran. Come on, it'll be good for you."

Ran sighs and nods very slowly, holding her head all the while. Carefully, she takes a small draw from the gourd, visibly tensing as the strong alcohol winds down her throat. Swallowing, she releases a long breath, and hands the gourd back to Suika gratefully, looking slightly better for it.

"Thank you, Suika. Now, if you will excuse me," she moves to head back into the kitchen, bracing herself against the doorjamb, "I have work to attend to."

"Steady there, Ran," Suika warns. "If you need some help, your guest was just coming here to offer it. Isn't that right?"

The horned girl eyes you seriously, and you speak up.

"That's right. I was wondering if there was something I could assist you with this morning, Miss Ran."

Ran shakes her head, once again with a pained slowness. "No, no, I couldn't impose on our gue--"

"Ran."

Suika's voice comes in a surprisingly stern tone, and Ran tenses up at the sound of it. Reluctantly turning to face the two of you once more, Ran sighs softly and fixes you with a weary smile.

"Very well. I suppose that your help would be appreciated."

"Appreciated?" Suika asks in concern. "Ran, his help looks like it might be necessary, not just appreciated. Are you sure you don't want to lie down a little longer?"

"You do not need to be concerned, Suika, I can manage just fine as I am." Ran seems to bristle at the suggestion that she is not up to the tasks before her, but Suika doesn't budge so much as an inch.

"Look at yourself, Ran! I know more about hangovers than anyone, and you're in no shape to do anything, let alone manage all the preparations for a party! If you won't lie down, then at least go and wash up or something; you need to take some time to relax."

"We do not have a great deal of time, Suika, I can't afford to put this off."

The two women glare at each other defiantly, each clearly intending to stand their ground. You shift uncomfortable at the strained atmosphere, and weigh your options. Someone has to break this up, and you're the only one here to do it.

***

[ ] Ran is right, she doesn't have a great deal of time with which to work. It may not be fun, but she has to work through this; you'll just have to work with her, and make sure she handles herself well.

[ ] Suika is right, Ran is in no condition to work right now. You have to get her to go and rest until she has actually recovered; you'll just cover for her in the meantime.
Expand all images
>> No. 20277
[X] Ran is right, she doesn't have a great deal of time with which to work. It may not be fun, but she has to work through this; you'll just have to work with her, and make sure she handles herself well.
>> No. 20278
[x] Ran is right, she doesn't have a great deal of time with which to work. It may not be fun, but she has to work through this; you'll just have to work with her, and make sure she handles herself well.
>> No. 20279
[x] Suika is right, Ran is in no condition to work right now. You have to get her to go and rest until she has actually recovered.
[x] You'll have Chen and Suika help you. The mess she made can wait until later. Until then, double time, everybody.
>> No. 20281
[x] Suika is right, Ran is in no condition to work right now. You have to get her to go and rest until she has actually recovered; you'll just cover for her in the meantime.
>> No. 20283
☑ Ran is right, she doesn't have a great deal of time with which to work. It may not be fun, but she has to work through this; you'll just have to work with her, and make sure she handles herself well.
>> No. 20284
>>20276
[X] Suika is right, Ran is in no condition to work right now. You have to get her to go and rest until she has actually recovered; you'll just cover for her in the meantime.
[X] You'll have Chen and Suika to help you too.

Onis say what they mean and mean what they say, so I'm inclined to trust Suika's assessment of Ran's condition. While Ran might resent our interference in her duties now, in the long run, I think it might be nice to prove we're concerned about her well being. Finally, I think this is a nice opportunity to further endear ourselves to Chen.
>> No. 20285
[X] Suika is right, Ran is in no condition to work right now. You have to get her to go and rest until she has actually recovered; you'll just cover for her in the meantime.
[X] You'll have Chen and Suika to help you too.
>> No. 20286
[X] Suika is right, Ran is in no condition to work right now. You have to get her to go and rest until she has actually recovered; you'll just cover for her in the meantime.
[X] You'll have Chen and Suika to help you too.
>> No. 20287
[X] Suika is right, Ran is in no condition to work right now. You have to get her to go and rest until she has actually recovered; you'll just cover for her in the meantime.
[X] You'll have Chen and Suika to help you too.
>> No. 20288
[ø] Suika is right, Ran is in no condition to work right now. You have to get her to go and rest until she has actually recovered; you'll just cover for her in the meantime.
[ø] You'll have Chen and Suika to help you too.

After all, it is our fault that Ran has the massive hangover.
>> No. 20289
[x] Suika is right, Ran is in no condition to work right now. You have to get her to go and rest until she has actually recovered; you'll just cover for her in the meantime.
[x] You'll have Chen and Suika to help you too.
>> No. 20290
>>20284

I certainly hope so, considering how one action backfired on us so far, I'm a bit wary.
>> No. 20291
[x] Suika is right, Ran is in no condition to work right now. You have to get her to go and rest until she has actually recovered; you'll just cover for her in the meantime.
>> No. 20292
[X] Suika is right, Ran is in no condition to work right now. You have to get her to go and rest until she has actually recovered; you'll just cover for her in the meantime.
[X] You'll have Chen and Suika to help you too.
>> No. 20293
[ℤℯ] Suika is right, Ran is in no condition to work right now. You have to get her to go and rest until she has actually recovered; you'll just cover for her in the meantime.

>>20290
This.
>> No. 20294
[X] Suika is right, Ran is in no condition to work right now. You have to get her to go and rest until she has actually recovered; you'll just cover for her in the meantime.
[X] You'll have Chen and Suika to help you too.
>> No. 20295
[+] Suika is right, Ran is in no condition to work right now. You have to get her to go and rest until she has actually recovered; you'll just cover for her in the meantime.
[+] You'll have Chen and Suika to help you too.
>> No. 20297
[X] Suika is right, Ran is in no condition to work right now. You have to get her to go and rest until she has actually recovered; you'll just cover for her in the meantime.
[X] You'll have Chen and Suika to help you too.
Chen route? Madness!
>> No. 20298
>>20297

I think the logic behind this vote is Ran and Suika related mainly with some Chen.

I doubt a Chen route would happen, just due to the pridefulness of the Yukari and Ran factions, though as an additional girl in a 2-3 girl ending is possible. (I can see Ran fans being more partial for having Chen as a no.2 girl)
>> No. 20299
File 125780385314.jpg - (571.39KB, 787x1024, 4905539.jpg) [iqdb]
20299
>>20298

Actually, I support a Yukari route, but that was before it turned out Chen was possible. Now, well...
>> No. 20300
>>20299

Patchwork himself said earlier a Chen route was possible, but I guess it was drowned out in all the yelling of the fanwars.

Well... good luck since chances are, you've just marked yourself as a "Pedophile Traitor" to the other Yukari nuts (when a group of people call Ran fans Furfags even though she's nowhere near furry status, that's one bunch of nuts you're dealing with)

Personally I'd rather get all three, the primary doesn't matter too much, but I do prefer Ran.
>> No. 20301
File 125781175773.jpg - (224.52KB, 1024x768, 1f08c94fc74faefe921b54c4a2e251c6.jpg) [iqdb]
20301
I'd LOVE a Chen route.
>> No. 20302
I was actually solidly in the Yukari camp until the past few updates, now I'm feeling like a Suika route might not be a bad idea after all. Too bad it's not going to happen, not least of all because patchy doesn't consider it possible.
>> No. 20303
File 125782005224.jpg - (165.46KB, 510x652, 1232498218269.jpg) [iqdb]
20303
>>20300
>"Pedophile Traitor"

I lol'd
>> No. 20304
File 125782660297.jpg - (127.72KB, 563x790, 4acb7cd85f9fccdd9b34b646e9c60c10.jpg) [iqdb]
20304
Unfortunately Patchwork's voters are far too stubborn to vote in favor of anyone other than the character they set out for. A shame, since Chen is better than Ran and Yukari.
>> No. 20305
I was always pursuing a Chen route.
>> No. 20306
Calling the votes here, writing will start tonight, update will likely come tomorrow.

I feel I should take the opportunity to remind my readers that harem routes are completely impossible, with the sole exception of netting more than one Prismriver. Not that scoring more than one Prismriver is guaranteed either, mind.

I also feel I should remind my voters that I am not despair central. There's no need to be too paranoid about me dumping punishments on you for every misstep.

>>20302

I like Suika too. Seriously, I apologize for her lacking a route.
>> No. 20307
File 125783757388.jpg - (227.81KB, 542x480, edfea097439c2bb6ef4764ff689787b4.jpg) [iqdb]
20307
>>Chen is better than Ran and Yukari.

Hey! It's wrong to tell lies, y'know?
>> No. 20309
>>20306

You must like the shitstorms then, since unless the Chen defection weakened the Yukari and Ran fans badly enough, Chen fans don't stand a chance.

That and I think Ran's something of a natural extension of say Yukari and so forth.

That and didn't you say a Yukari/Yuyuko route was possible in HLA1, but it was too late by the time Anon noticed the possibility?

And people are wary of their choices backfiring like the "Talk to Ran and comfort her" one did.
>> No. 20310
>That and didn't you say a Yukari/Yuyuko route was possible in HLA1, but it was too late by the time Anon noticed the possibility?

I was pretty sure that's been denied, debunked, disproven, and generally shown to be false several times over already.
>> No. 20311
>>20310

Really now? Since I never remember there being a definitive answer in that regard, just fan opinions.

Regardless, it's just as well since HLA does need bigger shitstorms to outdo GH's Shitstorms.

>Prismriver

That's assuming we'd get a third or fourth run of this. (Since chances are the third run will be Higan based, since I think there's more Higan fans than Lunassa fans)
>> No. 20314
>>20311
>Since chances are the third run will be Higan based, since I think there's more Higan fans
Lily Black, that's it. Yet you still dumped her for a Ran route. Actually, I enjoyed his Shiki more than Lily.
>than Lunassa fans
You mean Prismriver fans, and I still can't believe that shit.

We and Lunassa sneakily masturbated each other in front of her sisters and Youmu, afterwards offering us casual sex, which we turned down because Patchwork railroaded us into a Yuyuko route (that's right, I said it) with that scene of her crying for companionship. Anonymous just completely forgot about all other characters after that.

>>5160
>In the distance you can see Lyrica absently brushing her fingers against her lips as she blushes.
This is what really got me after the heated kiss with Komachi during the party, and all scenes leading up to it involving Lyrica. She had a genuine crush on us - and we crushed that. Even worse, not one person commented on her subtle, subconscious action.

Two great characters, there. If there is any chance of bagging all the sisters, then I know what I want in the third run.
>> No. 20315
>>20314
>Lily Black, that's it. Yet you still dumped her for a Ran route. Actually, I enjoyed his Shiki more than Lily.

Perhaps so but as far as Higan fans seem to go, it was Komachi or Lily Black, but it might change with time. Perhaps on a Higan route, such a change might happen. I for one never expected a growth in Chen fans.

>You mean Prismriver fans, and I still can't believe that shit.

but the one getting the most attention was Lunasa, but Merlin is interesting as well. Who knows how things will play out with Lyrica.

>Patchwork railroaded us into a Yuyuko route

That's not what I saw, I saw Anon hell bent on a Yuyuko route, with a bit of Lunasa on the side. While I did rage at the offer being turned down, I blamed it on tunnel vision Anon. But if it makes you happy, Anon was TOO focused on Yuyuko, which cut out time with Youmu (a requirement for the normal "Good End" if I remember right)

But I think what happened soon after that scene was the point where things proceeded into the route heart of the route. But I think from the start Anon mostly settled on Yuyuko as the main target.

>This is what really got me after the heated kiss with Komachi during the party, and all scenes leading up to it involving Lyrica. She had a genuine crush on us - and we crushed that. Even worse, not one person commented on her subtle, subconscious action.

They were too focused on Yuyuko, that's why.

But other than the ridiculous notion of Patchwork railroading us, you've made some good points of a Prismriver route, enough to perhaps cause me to waver. But if we end up starting Run 3 at the Prismriver mansion, well you'll have my assistance in that lofty goal. (And this is from a Komachi fan, so it's a notable achievement that you've caused me to waver some)

But I do feel the fanwarring in this is getting really out of hand. I think in some spots we're considered morons due to it.

I think we should all take it easy and see where things go, I think we'd all enjoy it better that way.
>> No. 20316
>>20314
>>20315

Pretty much agree with you two. Excessive bandwagon bullshit killed HLA1. I couldn't even be bothered to finish that unreadable shit. Hopefully we can go for a worthwhile character this time, or would you like a second serving of empty sex, Anon?
>> No. 20317
>Patchwork railroaded us into a Yuyuko route
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHA
HAHA
HA


No.
>> No. 20318
>>20316
>empty sex
That. That fucking scene. The moment I read that the entire story was ruined for me. I couldn't even enjoy the marriage threads because of that.

Even now I rage. That crap better not happen ever again.
>> No. 20320
>>20318

It was during that scene where the ill-timed "I love you" was said, which was the second and last thing stopping us from getting a good ending in the story (Post story excluded)

But I think Anon has learned since then, considering things other than the main target. (For example I'm sure being on nice terms with Chen is a requirement for Ran's good end)

>>20316
Now now, let's be reasonable about this, I'm sure Patchwork has grown as a writer, that even Yukari might be different (Though I'd think Chen and Ran would be the greatest changes of pace)

And it's funny how it's called empty sex when story wise it was due to her insecurities about feeling love and such. (But in its sheer nature it might have been overdone, considering how Yuyuko is canonically very cheerful and carefree), though I can easily see why it put a bad taste in some mouths, since it basically assaulted the romantic idealist in all of us.

But HLA1 was a prime example of being TOO focused (as opposed to DoLF1 where there was no focus whatsoever.)

But I think we shouldn't judge the 3 possible routes based on Yuyuko's route, I doubt Patchwork would be that simplistic and predictable, especially since we'd call him out on it real fast once we noticed.

But as a general rule, second runs are better than the first.
>> No. 20340
Ugh. I've been so slow lately.

Anyway, I've gotten everything else for this week cleared out of the way finally, and I have just one class to deal with tomorrow, so updates are guaranteed to come tomorrow. I'd post one now, but I'm busy being too addled in the head to sit down and write properly.
>> No. 20346
>Ugh. I've been so slow lately.
>lately
Uhh yeah, about that qualifier...
>> No. 20349
File 125818852256.jpg - (293.95KB, 600x747, ran030.jpg) [iqdb]
20349
[X] Suika is right, Ran is in no condition to work right now. You have to get her to go and rest until she has actually recovered; you'll just cover for her in the meantime.
[X] You'll have Chen and Suika to help you too.

***

"Suika's right, Ran."

The thick tension in the air is abruptly broken by your words, both women jumping slightly at your voice, as though they had forgotten you were even present, and were surprised by the reminder. You're not sure how to feel about that. Regardless, your interjection seems to have worked, causing Ran to visibly deflate, and Suika to take on a more confident stance, arms crossed over her chest.

"Look," Ran speaks up one, last, desperate time, "you really shouldn't trouble yoursel--"

"No complaints, Ran," Suika interrupts, cutting her off. Turning to you, the horned girl takes an authoritative tone. "You know where to find the bathroom here?"

You can feel your cheeks heat up as the incident with Yukari on your first morning here immediately flares up unbidden in your memory.

"Yes," you answer quickly, trying to force the memory down before your blush can get any worse, "I think I remember where to find it."

"Good," Suika says, mercifully ignoring your pink cheeks. "Go ahead and take Ran to the bathroom, and draw a bath for her. Make sure she doesn't go wandering off and trying to do any work when we're not working."

"I can get to the bathroom on my own, at least," Ran complains weakly.

Suika just glares at her, and Ran sighs, quieting down and... kicking the ground in frustration? That's a new one from her, and a strangely childish move at that; certainly not one you expected. Suika just rolls her eyes, and turns her attention to you again, now speaking in a firm, serious tone.

"I want her in there for at least thirty minutes, alright? Keep a watch on the bathroom door, and make sure she stays in there until she's calmed down. Chen and I will get started on preparing the kitchen and such; I can probably get all the ingredients together faster than Ran can anyway."

"Yes, Ma'am."

Faced with Suika's startlingly authoritative voice, you find yourself obliging her before you know it, and you lead Ran out of the kitchen without any resistance from her. The fox-woman makes no effort to hide her sulking throughout the whole of the trip down to the bathroom, and the two of you make the trek in an awkward silence. Eventually you reach the bathroom, and just as instructed, you go ahead and draw the bath for Ran, filling the tub with water that feels hot enough to you - you hesitate to ask Ran for confirmation. Once that little job is done, you get to your feet and turn around... to find Ran standing right behind you, blocking your way out of the room.

The two of you stare at each other for what feels like an eternity before you notice the beginnings of a faint blush lighting up Ran's face. She smiles shyly at you, and tugs the frilly brim of her cap down a little, though the gesture is useless and doesn't hide her expression at all due to how small the hat is.

"... I can't believe how puerile I'm being," she confesses quietly. "I'm sorry that you've had to see this, Sir."

... not what you were expecting; Ran is full of surprises today.

"No, it's okay, I..." you say, trailing off awkwardly in the middle of your sentence. After a puzzled pause, you offer up the best thing that comes to mind. "Are you going to be okay, Ran?"

"I believe I still remember how to undress on my own, yes," she replies.

Your cheeks burn red at that statement, and you fumble your words trying to form a response, until you notice that the smile tugging at Ran's lips is growing slightly wider. Was that... did she just joke with you? Silently, still slightly embarrassed, you make your way around her, feeling just a bit better. Looks like her mood has improved. As you shut the door to the bathroom behind you, you almost think you can hear a very subdued laugh.

---

After nearly half an hour of examination, you conclude unexcited, but respectfully that the floorboards of this house have a great deal of character. Each plank has an interesting curve to it, which invariably flows perfectly into the next; the effect is difficult to notice next to the more pronounced dark swirls and spots that naturally pattern the warm brown hardwood, but it shows some expert craftsmanship. The material itself is of remarkable quality as well, an--

"Sir?"

Ran's soft voice breaks you out of your deep and philosophical contemplations.

"Did you hear me, Sir?"

"I heard you, Ran."

"Ah, good. I... that is to say, I think I could use... well..." Ran speaks hesitantly. "That is to say, I would appreciate it if you might... come in here and help me out..."

... wait.

What?

***

[ ] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...

[ ] Nuh-uh! No way! Not happening!

[ ] Write-in
>> No. 20350
[x] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...

it's most likely in regards to her tails. That and she is asking for help.
>> No. 20351
[x] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...

Yes.
>> No. 20352
[x] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...
[x] Swallow your nerves, man!
>> No. 20353
File 125819159193.jpg - (19.36KB, 635x355, Cool Guy approves.jpg) [iqdb]
20353
[x] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...
>> No. 20354
[X] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...

Okay.
>> No. 20356
[ø] "A-Are you sure?"
[ø] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...
>> No. 20358
{"A-Are you sure?"
- {... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...}}
>> No. 20359
>"A-Are you sure?"
No no no. We're looking for a good scene, here. She might understand our hesitation and blow our hopes out of the water.
>> No. 20360
[x] "A-Are you sure?"
- [x] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...
>> No. 20361
[ ] Nuh-uh! No way! Not happening!
>> No. 20362
[†] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...


YES YES YEEEESS!!!!!! Just as RANNED! I love Ran so gogogogo!!44 (I'm Ranfag if anyone remember me~)
>> No. 20363
[X] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...
>> No. 20364
[ ] Nuh-uh! No way! Not happening!

This tide, I will piss against it.
>> No. 20365
[X] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...
>> No. 20366
[x] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...
>> No. 20367
[x] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...
>> No. 20368
[x] Nuh-uh! No way! Not happening!
>> No. 20369
[x] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...
>> No. 20370
>>20362

I voted not as a Ran fan, but someone who wants to help her out. Since we did get her all hungover.

Seeing Naked Ran would be just a bonus.
>> No. 20371
[X] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...
>> No. 20372
[X] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...
>> No. 20373
>>20364
[x] Nuh-uh! No way! Not happening!

Pffft. This ain't happening, she's pulling a prank on us. Does no one else see this?
>> No. 20374
>>20373

This isn't Yukari or Yuyuko (or even Chen) we're talking about here, she'd be more prideful than trickster.

And it sounds as if she really needs our help.
>> No. 20375
>>There are two common classifications of kitsune. The zenko (善狐?, literally good foxes) are benevolent, celestial foxes associated with the god Inari; they are sometimes simply called Inari foxes. On the other hand, the yako (野狐?, literally field foxes, also called nogitsune) tend to be mischievous or even malicious.
>> No. 20376
>>20375
If we're gonna go there, she's probably more likely to be the "zenko" variety. Heck Yukari did say Ran's the closest thing to a heavenly being when the MC arrived.

Then again I've seen a doujin where Ran has shown rather monstrous abilities; in particular that one where Yukari "tames" Ran to be her shikigami
>> No. 20377
>>20376

She might have been more beastial when younger, but modern Ran is very much a picture of composure and mild pride. And with Yukari being the way she is, Ran has to be the serious one to offset things.

Judging by her tone, she's swallowing her pride to ask us for help.

>>20376
And even in canon she's generally considered closer to divinity than demon; and it's a sign of how powerful Yukari is to have a being like that as her Shikigami.
>> No. 20378
[X] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...
>> No. 20379
[x] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...
>> No. 20380
>People actually voting for the other option.

It's like they really don't care about the quality of this story or something.
>> No. 20381
>>20380

Yeah, and I think even the Yukari and Chen fans will think this is a good thing.

Chen: Helping Ran out will increase Ran's opinion which will increase Chen's opinion.

Yukari: She'd be amused yet pleased by your dependability.

Everyone wins in some way.
>> No. 20383
[B] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...
>> No. 20386
[ℤℯ] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...

Very yes.

>>20373
I was worried about this, too, but:
>"I want her in there for at least thirty minutes, alright?
We're pretty much okay already.
>After nearly half an hour of examination

I hope.

>>20349
>but it shows some expert craftsmanship. The material itself is of remarkable quality as well,
I see what I think you did there.
>> No. 20387
>>20386
It menaces with Yamame silk cloth spikes, the craftsmanship is of highest quality.
>> No. 20389
This is a Wooden floorboard. All craftsmanship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with Limestone, Gypsum, Native platinum, Magnetite, Limonite and Malachite, studded with Pig iron, decorated with cave lobster shell and dog leather and encircled with bands of Limestone, Gypsum, Magnetite, Native gold, Malachite, Limonite and Oak. This object is adorned with hanging rings of Limestone, Gypsum, Native platinum, Magnetite and Limonite and menaces with spikes of Limestone, Gypsum, Magnetite, Limonite, Malachite, Orthoclase, Steel and Brown jasper. On the item is an image of Dimpledflags the Iron hatch cover in Limestone.
>> No. 20411
>>20389
wat
>> No. 20413
>>20411
It's some really fucking high-quality floorboard. Let's just leave it at that.
>> No. 20416
>>20411
Champion Wrestler dwarf has gone berserk
>> No. 20417
>>20416
Oh god, where are all my soldiers!?

FFFFFFF "ON BREAK", EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.
>> No. 20418
>>20417
Piece of cake, just undraft and redraft the... OH WHAT THE FUCK, now YOU tantrum?!
>> No. 20420
>>20418
...Oh god, please don't go near that lever...

Suddenly, flooded fort.
>> No. 20422
>>20416
>>20417
>>20418
>>20420
None of you are using enough lava.
>> No. 20423
Patchwork is Slowwork, as always, etc.

Votes called, update some time tomorrow.
>> No. 20424
>>20423

hooray!
>> No. 20425
Fuck! I love it when my professors decide to throw long assignments at me without warning, and then make them due by the end of the day! It's fucking great! Not irritating at all!

Ugh.

Well, sorry to say the update isn't likely to be finished by tonight, but I've already started on it. Tomorrow is Friday, so hang in a little longer. Sorry guys.
>> No. 20428
File 125888604759.jpg - (102.75KB, 530x600, You Can Leave Your Hat On.jpg) [iqdb]
20428
So... tired...

***

[X] ... well, she's asking for help, so... go... go in and help...

***

"Ran," you begin, trying to keep your tone as steady and calm as possible, "did you just ask me to join you in the bathroom?"

"I didn't word it quite that way," the embarrassed reply comes through the door, "but it was something like that, yes. Please don't make me repeat myself; it was embarrassing enough to ask the first time."

"Alright, yes. Sorry. I... give me a moment," you respond, your voice nearly cracking.

Your heart begins to race as various exciting explanations for Ran's request creep into your head. You try to dismiss the less than innocent ideas, but no matter how unlikely they may be, there's a part of you that isn't quite ready to let go of them. A big part. Putting those notions out of your head takes a few moments of reminding yourself that you won't be of any help to anyone if you're too excited to think straight. When you think you've got yourself reasonably under control, you swallow nervously, and slide the door to the bathroom open ever so slowly, inch by inch, and peek inside...

What a sight. Seated on a stool next to the tub, her bare back to the door - and her hat still atop her head, oddly enough - is Ran; she glances over her shoulder at you when you slide the door open, but quickly blushes and looks away from you. Cautiously making your way into the room, and being absolutely sure to close the door behind you afterward, you approach the fox-woman slowly, your heart pounding in your ears the whole time. Her tails twitch slightly as you draw close, and it occurs to you why she might want your assistance.

"... tails?"

She nods once, and the truly enormous mass of wet fur behind her wiggles about, sprinkling small drops of water in your direction. Her tails, all nine of them, are huge, sopping globs of golden fur, drooping toward the ground from the sheer weight of the water they have soaked up. It isn't difficult to figure out why she would need help to deal with such a mess; hell, you're not sure the both of you can do much for this mess. Nonetheless, you diligently crouch down behind her and examine the dripping tails carefully.

"I am sorry for asking you to do this," she says quietly, still refraining from looking at you. "Under normal circumstances I would use a spell to deal with drying these, and perhaps have Chen assist me in their grooming. I'm afraid I do not want to tax my mind any further, however, and I'm in no position to fetch Chen, so..."

"Don't worry about it," you reply. "I don't mind. How am I supposed to help though?"

"There are towels in the cabinet over there. It will take more than one to properly begin drying my tails, and we will need to employ hairdryers to finish the job, but..."

"I understand. I'll just be a minute."

It doesn't take much searching to find some suitably sized towels, and the hairdryers Ran mentioned. Setting the hairdryers aside for the moment however, you pick up a towel and get yourself settled in behind Ran again. You sit and spend a few moments trying to decide just how to tackle this, before reasoning that with how thoroughly drenched her tails are, the task will be more about wringing the fur out and trying to soak up the water than particularly energetic toweling. Ran shivers as you begin, and lets out a small squeak.

"Please, do be careful, I'm quite sensitive there..."

You blush slightly. Did she have to phrase it that way? Still, keeping your mind on your task, you slowly and carefully continue to wring as much water as possible out of the tail, needing to employ a new towel when perhaps only halfway through with it. Good grief, you hope there are a lot more towels in that cabinet than you first thought. Still, the job is going well enough. Until you reach the base of the tail, and Ran lets out a sharp gasp, arching her back, the flimsy towel she holds to her breast nearly slipping from her grasp; nearly leaving her completely exposed.

"Very sensitive there," she whispers breathlessly.

Your own breath catches in your throat when you see her react so strongly to your touch. It would be so easy to just reach out and carress the perfect, pale, glistening damp flesh of her back...

Oh heavens, you could use a distraction right about now.

***

[ ] Start a conversation, say something! Just keep yourself from thinking about this any further! But what do you even say? (Specify)

[ ] ... if it feels good for her, there's nothing wrong with touching the base of her tails, right? So... just a little more...

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 20429
[x] "Beautiful..."
[x] ... if it feels good for her, there's nothing wrong with touching the base of her tails, right? So... just a little more...
>> No. 20430
[x] "Beautiful..."
[x] ... if it feels good for her, there's nothing wrong with touching the base of her tails, right? So... just a little more...

Go for it!
>> No. 20431
[x] "Beautiful..."
[x] ... if it feels good for her, there's nothing wrong with touching the base of her tails, right? So... just a little more...
I sincerely hope this leads to a bad end and not something awkward that ruins the rest of the story. even with the risk, can't resist, TAIL FEEL SO GOOD.
>> No. 20432
[x] Start a conversation, say something! Just keep yourself from thinking about this any further! But what do you even say?
-[x] Could you tell me more about the people Yukari knows? I'd like to know what to expect.

An idea of something to do that to give into tempation, since I get a slight feeling doing so will backfire on us. (And given the nature of the Yakumo household, this backfire could hinder progress for Yukari and Chen fans.)

But this isn't an absolutely certain feeling.
>> No. 20433
>>20431
>casual sex in HLA
>something awkward that ruins the rest of the story
You haven't been here long, have you?
>> No. 20434
>>20431
>>20433

in HLA, casual sex doesn't run things, but 20431 might be worried about lasting effects of how the stunt would turn out. Since Ran is a possible route choice, so any awkwardness now might potentially close off things Ran wise.

Still this is speaking in ifs. That and HLA1 showed that sex with the main target didn't exactly come so easily as say some other girls.

I think Anon just wants to do things right this time, regardless of which girl wins.
>> No. 20435
>>20434
>so any awkwardness now might potentially close off things Ran wise.
I don't even understand the train of thought behind this comment.

Not only do I doubt this would happen, but if it did backfire, it's fixable.
>> No. 20436
[x] Start a conversation, say something! Just keep yourself from thinking about this any further! But what do you even say?
-[x] Could you tell me more about the people Yukari knows? I'd like to know what to expect.
>> No. 20437
[x] "Beautiful..."
[x] ... if it feels good for her, there's nothing wrong with touching the base of her tails, right? So... just a little more...

RAN RAN RUU.
>> No. 20438
[x] Start a conversation, say something! Just keep yourself from thinking about this any further! But what do you even say?
-[x] Could you tell me more about the people Yukari knows? I'd like to know what to expect.
>> No. 20439
>>20435

I was trying to explain >>20431 's reasoning.

I don't think anything that dramatic would occur, though at worse, there would be a bit of awkwardness for the next day or so. But at the same time I doubt this would lead to Ran sex so early.
>> No. 20440
[x] Start a conversation, say something! Just keep yourself from thinking about this any further! But what do you even say?
-[x] Could you tell me more about the people Yukari knows? I'd like to know what to expect.
>> No. 20442
[x] Start a conversation, say something! Just keep yourself from thinking about this any further! But what do you even say?
-[x] Could you tell me more about the people Yukari knows? I'd like to know what to expect.
>> No. 20444
[X] "Beautiful..."
[X] ... if it feels good for her, there's nothing wrong with touching the base of her tails, right? So... just a little more...

>Boring dialogue
>Tail feel so good

What a difficult choice!
>> No. 20446
>>20439
Sure it wouldn't. We'd still get a nice scene out of it, even if it may come at the expense of a day of awkwardness. That's a day we still won't get Ran sex. It's just too soon. However, more intimate situations may make the wait shorter in the long run, or deepen the feelings she has for us.
>> No. 20447
>>20446

Well we've got to keep in mind that this could go either way. I suspect this Ran isn't really familiar with certain kinds of contract (and how she's much more reserved than Yukari)

So I say do as you feel is right, hopefully it won't backfire, since while you may be right, you could be wrong at the same time. Who knows until Patchwork gets off his ass and updates.
>> No. 20448
[x] Start a conversation, say something! Just keep yourself from thinking about this any further! But what do you even say?
-[x] Could you tell me more about the people Yukari knows? I'd like to know what to expect.
>> No. 20449
[x] "Beautiful..."
[x] ... if it feels good for her, there's nothing wrong with touching the base of her tails, right? So... just a little more...

>>20431
Everything he said. Please Bad End us, Patchwork.

But make it a sexy death.

You know, something to tide us over and to guide and inspire.

In fact, I really have to wonder if the setup for this scene and its heavy resemblance to the fateful bath scene in SHaG isn't intentional.
>> No. 20450
[X] "Beautiful..."
[X] ... if it feels good for her, there's nothing wrong with touching the base of her tails, right? So... just a little more...

What >>20444 said. We have a beautiful naked woman in front of us, and people honestly want to vote for the generic, character info-dump conversation we see in every CYOA?

Yes, the touching option is quite bold, but we've already seen that this Ran does not have the insecurities Yuyuko did. My point being, she will tell us before we cross a line.

Any awkwardness that results will be easy to work through given time, and either way we'll have sent a clear message that we find her attractive. One that sets the stage for developing a relationship further down the line, without being so serious that we can't pursue other girls.
>> No. 20451
[X] ... if it feels good for her, there's nothing wrong with touching the base of her tails, right? So... just a little more...
>> No. 20452
☑ "Beautiful..."
☑ ... if it feels good for her, there's nothing wrong with touching the base of her tails, right? So... just a little more...

I regret nothing.
>> No. 20453
[x] Start a conversation, say something! Just keep yourself from thinking about this any further! But what do you even say?
-[x] Could you tell me more about the people Yukari knows? I'd like to know what to expect.
>> No. 20454
[x] "Beautiful..."
[x] ... if it feels good for her, there's nothing wrong with touching the base of her tails, right? So... just a little more...

Ran Tails, there is no resisting them, NONE.
>> No. 20455
[c] "Beautiful..."
[c] ... if it feels good for her, there's nothing wrong with touching the base of her tails, right? So... just a little more...

These tails. I'll be taking them.
>> No. 20471
[x] "Beautiful..."
[x] ... if it feels good for her, there's nothing wrong with touching the base of her tails, right? So... just a little more...
>> No. 20474
Calling the vote. Will get writing tonight.
>> No. 20475
>>20474

hooray!
>> No. 20484
File 125937222112.jpg - (125.15KB, 470x670, Like this only with some actual pubic hair.jpg) [iqdb]
20484
[X] "Beautiful..."
[X] ... if it feels good for her, there's nothing wrong with touching the base of her tails, right? So... just a little more...

***

However, unfortunately, it's obvious that no distraction is forthcoming; Ran is too busy squirming and gasping under your slightest touch to say a word, and the sight of it is absolutely mesmerizing. Every gentle movement of your hands draws a muffled moan from the woman, and as she struggles to subdue her writhing, you just barely catch sight of her biting her lip in an attempt to keep from crying out. A faint sound teases the edge of your hearing, the quiet whispering of her breath as it grows heavier.

That quiet whisper is all you can take, and giving in, you lean over her tails to plant just the smallest of kisses on her neck, which she hardly even seems to notice; what she does notice, however, is you digging your thumb into her tailbone and massaging it firmly. A loud moan escapes her, and her grip on the towel in her hands becomes almost white-knuckled for a moment, then fails suddenly, the fuzzy sheet falling away, and leaving the full glory of her nude body on display, yet just beyond the reach of your sight; you almost groan in disappointment.

Ran makes a half coherent grab for the fallen towel, causing her rear to travel back and graze the erection that you hardly even realized you were sporting through your thin clothes, and forcing you to bite your tongue before you can let a moan of your own escape. When her grab fails and she sits back down, you let out a small breath of relief. Absently you note that a twitch of her leg has succeeded in kicking her towel away; she tries to say something, but it dies on her lips as you work at her tails, and she settles for a series of gasps.

In but a few minutes her breathing gradually begins to shift once again, becoming quick and shallow as she falls quiet, her small whimpers of pleasure dying off. She relaxes, allowing herself to lean against you slightly, her cap slowly slipping off and falling to the floor as her head lolls back, revealing a messy tangle of damp flaxen locks, and a pair of large fox ears that twitch slightly in the moist air. Her brief moment of repose comes to a quick end as she suddenly stiffens, and quivers in place for a moment, her toes curling. Her lips part, a soft whine escapes her, and... and...

Wait.

Did she just, very quietly, reach an... an... ? Because of you?

Spent, Ran falls limp, collapsing backward against you, and sliding out of chair. Her wet tails drag along your body, several brushing against the tent in your skirt, and your hand is forced to part from her tailbone and slide up her bare back, the towel falling out of your grip. Ran shudders under the touch of your fingers as she slides down your body, until her head comes to rest in your lap and lolls to the side, leaving your erection towering directly in front of her face; a warm breath that you can feel through the thin fabric of your clothes makes you shudder as well. Sprawled in your lap, her bare body is in full view, her ample bosom rising and falling in tandem with her panting, the rosy tips of her nipples standing at attention; a small tangle of soaking golden curls rests just above the equally soaked lips of her vagina, from which a glistening trail of wetness extends down her thighs.

Your breathing starts to falter as you eye the gorgeous golden-haired woman in your lap, even as she turns a dazed eye toward you. Your heart is racing, your hands are shaking, and your libido is going wild. Gods, the feeling of her head resting so close to your crotch is just...

This is... this is really bad, if you don't get out of here quick, you might... you might just...

***

[ ] Apologize. Apologize, and get yourself out of here before you do something you'll really regret.

[ ] Do something you'll really regret.

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 20485
File 125937459417.gif - (3.03KB, 215x383, 1252052013049.gif) [iqdb]
20485
I... don't know what to vote for.

This feels a little too early, honestly.
>> No. 20486
Better not cross the line.

[X] Apologize. Apologize, and get yourself out of here before you do something you'll really regret.
>> No. 20487
[x] Apologize. Apologize, and use your IRON WILL to stop yourself from doing something you'll really regret, without leaving this place.

You disobeyed her request and you must apologize. Fact. But that doesn't mean that you should get the fuck away right now, leaving things halfway.

Stay, and receive her punishment if she's angry. Stay, and make love to her if she's horny. Let the slave be the one who makes the choices for once.
>> No. 20489
>>20487
This man makes sense to me.

[x] Apologize. Apologize, but don't go rushing out of the room, take whatever an angry Ran has to give us as punishment, like a MAN.
>> No. 20490
[X] Be a man and finish what you started; grab some dry towels, retrieve Ran's hat, cover the lady up, and start in with the damn hair dryer already.
>> No. 20493
[X] Apologize. Apologize, and use your IRON WILL to stop yourself from doing something you'll really regret, without leaving this place.

Sounds good to me.
>> No. 20494
>>20489
Besides, she has her head on his lap. I'd feel like a dick if he suddenly stands up and let her fall into the bathtub.

God, I hope patchwork reads all comments and not only the winner option. 'without leaving this place. ' should be interpreted as 'don't move from your current position'
>> No. 20496
[X] Apologize. Apologize, and use your IRON WILL to stop yourself from doing something you'll really regret, without leaving this place.
>> No. 20497
[x] Do something you'll really regret.
[x] But you're not really going to regret it.
[x] You're going to fucking love it.
[x] And there's not a man in the world that could blame you.
[x] Give in. Give in. Give in.
>> No. 20499
[x] "Ran, are you okay?"
[x] Restrain yourself. Try to conceal your erection. Cover her body. Don't make it seem like anything is amiss.

We shouldn't apologize. Apologizing means letting her know we were doing this on purpose. Then she'd actually have something to be upset about. Play dumb; don't arouse suspicion.
>> No. 20500
[X] Apologize. Apologize, and use your IRON WILL to stop yourself from doing something you'll really regret, without leaving this place.
>> No. 20501
[X] Apologize. Apologize, and use your IRON WILL to stop yourself from doing something you'll really regret, without leaving this place.
>> No. 20502
the IRON WILL write in is all good and well, for us, but i wonder how it will turn out if ran decides to do something we'll regret?
>> No. 20504
[x] Do something you'll really regret.
[x] But you're not really going to regret it.
[x] You're going to fucking love it.
[x] And there's not a man in the world that could blame you.
[x] Give in. Give in. Give in.

Actions over words and the like, that's how you please Ran.
>> No. 20505
This is Yukari route guys, Yukari route, don't lose yourselves.
>> No. 20506
>>20505
Pffft.
>> No. 20507
[x] Apologize. Apologize, and use your IRON WILL to stop yourself from doing something you'll really regret, without leaving this place.
>> No. 20508
[x] Apologize. Apologize, and use your IRON WILL to stop yourself from doing something you'll really regret, without leaving this place.

>>20505

Keep telling yourself that.
>> No. 20509
>>20505
Every run of HLA is everyone route.
>> No. 20510
>>20505

I really don't know how anyone could still think this way. Do you even read the story?
>> No. 20511
[x] Apologize. Apologize, but don't go rushing out of the room, you got some damn tails to dry young man!

Finish the task she gave you, Anon.
>> No. 20512
[x] Apologize, earnestly. Not in a panicked way.
[x] Be a man and finish what you started; grab some dry towels, retrieve Ran's hat, cover the lady up, and start in with the damn hair dryer already.

Especially the hat. Remember how freaked out she got about that, before? Ran is going to feel terrible about letting herself go in front of us, afterwards. The best thing I think we can do right now is to apologize, finish the job we started, and for god's sake, don't make her feel any more ashamed or worried than she already is/will soon be.

I think she's grown to resent Yukari's carefree attitude over the years, and has come to hate the idea of relaxing and not always worrying and just being herself. Plus there's the added pressure of Chen, and wanting her to grow up right. It's no wonder that she judges people the most based on their actions. She's always watching that sort of thing; it's the only way she really looks at the world, anymore.

One can hope that this incident will be interpreted as taking an interest in her, followed by guilt and concern for her well-being. But... that's probably a long shot.

In before I'm totally wrong and/or have misremembered things. Horribly.

This (partial) write-in is also probably coming in too late to change people's minds, but... it's worth a shot, right?
>> No. 20513
[x] Apologize, earnestly. Not in a panicked way.
[x] Be a man and finish what you started; grab some dry towels, retrieve Ran's hat, cover the lady up, and start in with the damn hair dryer already.
>> No. 20514
Changing vote.

[x] Apologize, earnestly. Not in a panicked way.
[x] Be a man and finish what you started; grab some dry towels, retrieve Ran's hat, cover the lady up, and start in with the damn hair dryer already.
>> No. 20515
[x] Apologize, earnestly. Not in a panicked way.
[x] Be a man and finish what you started; grab some dry towels, retrieve Ran's hat, cover the lady up, and start in with the damn hair dryer already.

Vote changed.
>> No. 20516
[x] Apologize, earnestly. Not in a panicked way.
[x] Be a man and finish what you started; grab some dry towels, retrieve Ran's hat, cover the lady up, and start in with the damn hair dryer already.
>> No. 20517
[x] Apologize, earnestly. Not in a panicked way.
[x] Be a man and finish what you started; grab some dry towels, retrieve Ran's hat, cover the lady up, and start in with the damn hair dryer already.
>> No. 20518
[x] Apologize, earnestly. Not in a panicked way.
[x] Be a man and finish what you started; grab some dry towels, retrieve Ran's hat, cover the lady up, and start in with the damn hair dryer already.
>> No. 20521
>>20512
And what if she wants you to 'finish your work' instead of finish your work? Like you said, one should finish what one started.

I dunno, just taking away from her the option to make love, in case she wants to, seems terribly selfish.
>> No. 20523
[x] Do something you'll really regret.
[x] But you're not really going to regret it.
[x] You're going to fucking love it.
[x] And there's not a man in the world that could blame you.
[x] Give in. Give in. Give in.

You bunch of pussies.
>> No. 20524
[x] Apologize, earnestly. Not in a panicked way.
[x] Be a man and finish what you started; grab some dry towels, retrieve Ran's hat, cover the lady up, and start in with the damn hair dryer already.
-[x] That is unless Ran wants you to 'finish' (while not likely), you do that then finish drying her off.
[x] Focus on the task at hand and don't get distracted by what you saw.
>> No. 20525
[x] Apologize, earnestly. Not in a panicked way.
[x] Be a man and finish what you started; grab some dry towels, retrieve Ran's hat, cover the lady up, and start in with the damn hair dryer already.
-[x] That is unless Ran wants you to 'finish' (while not likely), you do that then finish drying her off.
[x] Focus on the task at hand and don't get distracted by what you saw.
>> No. 20526
>>20523
Agreed. Everybody was rooting for a bad end just so they could enjoy the first choice. Now they're trying to play it safe? Who runs away from sex right after foreplay?

It's more likely this will lead to despair if we don't severely piss her off.
>> No. 20528
>>20526

It's called not pressing your luck. That and it didn't lead to a bad end.

the latest type of vote accounts for if Ran really wants us to go further than not.
>> No. 20530
>>20528
It's called anonymous never growing a pair.
>> No. 20531
>>20530

We don't have a clear go ahead from Ran.

And I voted to keep the mind on task.

As the way I see things going, if we hold off now, where would be some awkwardness, but nothing severe, just a case of never uttering a word of this to anyone else.
>> No. 20532
[x] Grab her hat (you can reach it from here, right?) and put it back on her.
[x] While doing so, apologize calmly for getting carried away.
[x] Ask if we should "finish", but leave it ambiguous. Judge her reaction and do what she wants.
>> No. 20533
☑ Grab her hat (you can reach it from here, right?) and put it back on her.
☑ While doing so, apologize calmly for getting carried away.
☑ Ask if we should "finish", but leave it ambiguous. Judge her reaction and do what she wants.
>> No. 20534
[x] Grab her hat (you can reach it from here, right?) and put it back on her.
[x] While doing so, apologize calmly for getting carried away.
[x] Ask if we should "finish", but leave it ambiguous. Judge her reaction and do what she wants.
[x] Try to finish drying her tails.

We shouldn't forget to finish our task, but i like this better. While we shouldn't assume we have the go ahead, but we can't dismiss the possibility.

>>20512
I somehow Imagined Yukari being more a serious sort in the past when raising Ran, but I guess after Ran 'grew up' Yukari decided to start taking it easy. Perhaps due to Reimu setting up the spell card system as to ensure that very rarely would she have to get serious.

Some adults end up with that attitude after raising their kids to adulthood, they just want to relax as much as they can and enjoy things.

Though unlike some Yukaris, this one seems willing to do things herself (and not depend on Ran for everything) I wonder if Yukari didn't screw up somewhere, resulting in Ran's workaholic personality. (That or Ran somehow thinks Yukari's become flaky, though I'd figure her and Yuyuko would easily tell that it's not quite the case)
>> No. 20535
[x] Grab her hat (you can reach it from here, right?) and put it back on her.
[x] While doing so, apologize calmly for getting carried away.
[x] Ask if we should "finish", but leave it ambiguous. Judge her reaction and do what she wants.
>> No. 20536
[x] Apologize, earnestly. Not in a panicked way.
[x] Be a man and finish what you started; grab some dry towels, retrieve Ran's hat, cover the lady up, and start in with the damn hair dryer already.
>> No. 20537
[x] Grab her hat (you can reach it from here, right?) and put it back on her.
[x] While doing so, apologize calmly for getting carried away.
[x] Ask if we should "finish", but leave it ambiguous. Judge her reaction and do what she wants.
[x] Try to finish drying her tails.
>> No. 20540
File 125960059992.png - (94.19KB, 350x352, a forlorn insect.png) [iqdb]
20540
This has to be the update with most votes in a long, long time. It seems like keeping Ran happy is everyone's objective. Good.

Also? Patchwork is Snailwork. Why such cruelty?
>> No. 20542
>>20540

Look on the bright side, it gives us time to make a good write in and folks to change their votes to it.

That and sorting out these votes will be a mess.
>> No. 20543
{Grab her hat (you can reach it from here, right?) and put it back on her.
- {While doing so, apologize calmly for getting carried away.}
- {Ask if we should "finish", but leave it ambiguous. Judge her reaction and do what she wants.}}
{Try to finish drying her tails.}
>> No. 20544
[x] Apologize. Apologize, and use your IRON WILL to stop yourself from doing something you'll really regret, without leaving this place.
IRON WILL
>> No. 20545
[x] Grab her hat (you can reach it from here, right?) and put it back on her.
-[x] While doing so, apologize calmly for getting carried away.
-[x] Ask if we should "finish", but leave it ambiguous. Judge her reaction and do what she wants.
[x] Try to finish drying her tails.
>> No. 20546
[x] Grab her hat (you can reach it from here, right?) and put it back on her.
-{x} While doing so, apologize calmly for getting carried away.
-{x} Ask if we should "finish", but leave it ambiguous. Judge her reaction and do what she wants.
[x] Try to finish drying her tails.
>> No. 20547
File 125979522477.jpg - (210.88KB, 500x500, patchy049.jpg) [iqdb]
20547
Sorry for the continuous barrage of delays, but now that Thanksgiving break is over, I've got my hands full, and they're going to keep being full. Next week is Dead Week, but I'll need to study, and after that is finals. I'll try to keep updating, but expect the updates to come excruciatingly slowly until either exams end, or I feel sufficiently confident about them.

Anyway, votes called. I'll try to get around to an update tonight or tomorrow morning.
>> No. 20548
Does that mean the Idiotic IRON WILL vote won?

Let's see how this goes wrong.
>> No. 20550
>>20548
Most of the votes are similar (apologize and don't leave), so hopefully he'll take most of them into account somehow.
>> No. 20554
>>20550

As well as grabbing Ran's hat (can't forget that)
>> No. 20565
Hey, Patchwork.

Update this.

http://www.touhou-project.com/gensokyo/res/147.html

It was enjoyable.
>> No. 20578
Hey, Patchwork.

Update this.

http://www.touhou-project.com/border/res/20276.html

It was getting good.
>> No. 20609
>>20540
Post the Wriggle-Roll.

There's no way he can ignore four consecutive Wriggles engaged in barrel rolling. In fact, there should be a well crafted GIF of it, with speed blur and everything.
>> No. 20611
>>20609
Sadly, the gif I have doesn't have the blur effect.

Besides, one has to handle suich power with care. The last time 'twas unleashed, the old site died.

This time, she might just kill us all
>> No. 20612
>>20611
A risk I'm willing the let you take. Do it.
>> No. 20613
>>20611
As long as she's donning tight leather, high-heeled boots and a whip, I don't really care.

>>20612
Anonymous has spoken.
>> No. 20615
File 126084645994.jpg - (127.97KB, 820x1022, Wriggle - Patchwork Update Bomb 03.jpg) [iqdb]
20615
Patchwork, won't you please update this story?

It's so awfully lonely, here.
>> No. 20616
File 126084835344.jpg - (206.09KB, 899x669, Misc215.jpg) [iqdb]
20616
Oh, Anon...

Not that I don't love you for trying to drag me back with the lure of my beautiful bug bride, but as I noted in my last post, it is now finals week. My first final is over, and I have two more left this week, one of which I really need to study for, but...

Well, I'll try and cobble something together tomorrow given that it's a free day, but don't count on it. On the other hand, my last exam is Thursday night, so I can guarantee that there will be an update on Friday.
>> No. 20619
>>20616
To half-ass what may already have just been a quick playthrough, or wait till the end of the week when you're refreshed and making a comeback...

If you're able to make a well-written, enormous and awesome wall of text that could forgive a man of his sins just by gazing upon it, I don't think I'd mind waiting a bit longer.
>> No. 20622
File 12609190003.gif - (31.44KB, 352x352, thatshowwrigglerolls.gif) [iqdb]
20622
>>20616
Good. Quality over quantity and all that.
That said, as per >>20612 request, here's something so that you don't forget your promise.
>> No. 20626
>>20615
There is one major error in this image.
>> No. 20627
>>20626
indeed.
>> No. 20631
... And apparently by "guarantee an update on Friday," I meant "disappoint you with more delays after my laptop's keyboard breaks on Friday." When it rains...

Anyway, I'm back home now, at the good ol' home computer, and I've gotten started on writing the update. It's coming along quick enough, but it's 5:00 AM or thereabouts now, so I'll finish it off after getting some sleep. Expect something in the next... twelve hours, let's say?
>> No. 20633
File 126139353522.jpg - (488.71KB, 1092x660, More nude Ran.jpg) [iqdb]
20633
Alright, so it took a little more than that twelve hours, but I got it done, and that's what counts. I need to get back into the swing of things.

***

[X] Grab her hat (you can reach it from here, right?) and put it back on her.
[X] While doing so, apologize calmly for getting carried away.
[X] Ask if we should "finish", but leave it ambiguous. Judge her reaction and do what she wants.
[X] Try to finish drying her tails.

***

No, no! You need to stop this line of thought before you do something even more rash, but she's just so beautiful... you'd love nothing more than to take her in your arms, kiss her, make love to... damn it, damn it, damn it! As long as she's looking into your eyes, you can't tear yourself away from her, no matter how addled she may be! You need a distraction, anything, to just take your mind off of her...

Groping blindly for something, your fingers meet with some sort of cloth... her hat? Desperate, you plant it back onto her head as best you can, barely managing to pull the brim far enough down to hide her eyes as slightly as it does. Mercifully, it's enough to let you tear your eyes away from the gorgeous goddess in front of you, even if only just.

It doesn't really help as much as you had hoped.

Even if you're not looking at her, you can sure as hell feel her weight in your lap, her gentle breaths grazing you through your thin clothes, her soft, slightly damp hair brushing against your fingers... oh gods, you're wrapping a finger in her hair, and you're not even sure when you started doing it. On the other hand, you still haven't done anything else that you might come to regret, and maybe that's the best you can hope to do. Ran is an extraordinarily beautiful woman, so it would be pretty strange for anyone to be able to just shrug this sort of situation off, wouldn't it?

Yeah. Yeah, when you think about it like that, you feel a little bit more calm. Uncomfortable, and still worried about your own possible conduct, but calm... for a given value of calm, naturally. Now, if only your mouth weren't so dry that it hindered your ability to speak...

"Ran," you manage after a while. That's about as far as it goes. What, exactly are you supposed to say in this situation? Well, aside from the obvious.

"Sorry," you add. You lapse into silence after that, punctuated now and then by brief, vain attempts to expand on your apology. Unfortunately, given that for which you are apologizing, any expansion just feels inadequate, and... kind of wrong, to be honest. In the end, you settle for repeating yourself. "Sorry."

With that you finally muster up the nerve to look back down at Ran, and find her looking much more aware. Though her face is flushed, and her breaths heavy, her eyes hold a great deal more clarity. She remains silent, however, her gaze fixed straight in your eyes, which encourages you to try to keep from letting said eyes wander back down to her breasts, which rise and fall with her every breath. You're finding it rather difficult. It's hard to decide whether to be thankful or disappointed when she notices your plight and brings an arm up to shield her breasts from view.

Still, seeing her modest attempt to defend what's left of her... modesty... is enough to rouse you from the brief stupor you were sinking into while staring at her, and without a word you hastily, but weakly offer her one of the many towels you had gathered. She accepts the offer rather graciously, and drapes the fuzzy indigo cloth over her body as best she can. Which it turns out is not very well. You avert your eyes and help her adjust the cover. It still looks haphazard when you look at her again, but it covers the important bits. Again, part of you is disappointed.

Awkwardly, the two of you continue to eye each other; you know that you're unsure of how to proceed, and it seems like Ran is in the same boat. Nervously, you clear your throat, and say the first thing that comes to mind.

"So... should we finish?"

Ran looks stunned. Her faint blush suddenly redoubles, and her eyes drift toward the tent that you're still pitchin-- wait, did she think you meant... ?

"Wait, that's not what I meant," you exclaim hurriedly, your cheeks burning so hot they almost feel as thought they're on fire. "I meant the... with the things," you elucidate, illustrating your poorly parsed meaning by waving about a spare towel. "Unless that's what you want, I mean! Because you're very beautiful, and I like you well enough, even if we don't know each other well, and... that is to say..."

Good gods, what the hell are you saying?

Burying your face in your hands, you wait for the inevitable indignant reply, or reprimand; when it never comes, you risk a peek through your fingers. Ran is just staring off into space, her eyes distant, though they briefly shift to look at your-- there's no way she's actually considering that garbled proposition, is there? That's not possib--

"I think that would be a very bad idea," she says at last. You twitch a little. Her breathless voice has a sort of sexy, husky quality to it. "It would not be proper at all. Not to mention that we hardly know each other."

Despite saying that, she remains motionless, lying there with her head in your lap. She has this weird look in her eyes that you can't really judge, and she keeps glancing at... how the hell are you supposed to take this? What are you supposed to do?

***

[ ] Write-in.

***

Whoa. Forgot the NSFW screen there. Though I have to wonder whether this really needs it...
>> No. 20635
>"It would not be proper at all. Not to mention that we hardly know each other."
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffuck
>> No. 20636
>>20635

You could tell she's interested though.

but damn this is a tough one...

She's interested but she seems to prefer it on better terms.

THERE'S HOPE

Now how the hell will this anon respond?
>> No. 20637
>>20636
I'd say something like... 'If that's what you wish. Now, let's continue with our cleaning ritual, shall we?' only less awkward and stupid.

I mean, regardless of what she may be thinking, she said that she doesn't want and we kinda trepassed our boundaries before so... then again, this will be 'back to square 1' with her relationship so... maybe we should go for broke and pray for TOTAL VICTORY or a DEAD END?

Wait a second, patchwork said at the start of HLA Round 1 that there weren't going to be any bad ends! Bless my good memory! DON'T DO IT ANON.
>> No. 20639
The question isn't whether she wants it, it's whether she'll regret it later if she gives into her urges now. Sounds like we should back off for now, stop tempting her.

>>20638
You are retarded.
>> No. 20642
>>20633
[X] "I wouldn't say that Ran, I think I know plenty about you. You're... quite beautiful. Yes. Very, very beautiful. You're also very polite and considerate, even to complete strangers. You're probably the only responsible person here, and take your duties here very seriously, but sometimes that seriousness gets the better of you when you should be taking it easy. You've done a great job raising Chen considering how much she adores you. You also place a lot of value in actions over words, so I'm probably not helping myself here... but anyway... You've the patience of a saint, dealing with people like Yukari and Suika all day. And last but not least, you don't hold your booze very well."
[X] Try joking with her: "But you're right, it wouldn't be proper. I know all those things about you, and you barely know anything about me. That's not fair to me at all! So, I'm going to finish drying your tails, and while I do that, you can ask anything you want about yours truly."

Probably too long, too honest, and as noted, Ran likes action over words, but I feel like rambling out some nervous energy, and being all stone-faced and solemn while going back to drying her tails/taking her then and there without a word doesn't feel right at all. Besides, in the 2 days/4 threads we've been here, we've seen a lot of Ran's personality on display. Might be nice to show her we've been stalking noticed her. I think there's a place for mentioning that even though she is so put upon, she wouldn't trade her "family" for anything in the world (as per our first dream), but I won't presume.

I'm trying to put myself into Ran's shoes and what she would expect, but I am failing miserably.

Disclaimer: card carrying Yukari fan.
>> No. 20643
>>20642

Someone so honest can't have ill intent. If only all folks from rival factions were as courteous as you.

[X] "I wouldn't say that Ran, I think I know plenty about you. You're... quite beautiful. Yes. Very, very beautiful. You're also very polite and considerate, even to complete strangers. You're probably the only responsible person here, and take your duties here very seriously, but sometimes that seriousness gets the better of you when you should be taking it easy. You've done a great job raising Chen considering how much she adores you. You also place a lot of value in actions over words, so I'm probably not helping myself here... but anyway... You've the patience of a saint, dealing with people like Yukari and Suika all day. And last but not least, you don't hold your booze very well."
[X] Try joking with her: "But you're right, it wouldn't be proper. I know all those things about you, and you barely know anything about me. That's not fair to me at all! So, I'm going to finish drying your tails, and while I do that, you can ask anything you want about yours truly."
>> No. 20644
[x] "I wouldn't say that Ran, I think I know plenty about you. You're... quite beautiful. Yes. Very, very beautiful. You're also very polite and considerate, even to complete strangers. You're probably the only responsible person here, and take your duties here very seriously, but sometimes that seriousness gets the better of you when you should be taking it easy. You've done a great job raising Chen considering how much she adores you. You also place a lot of value in actions over words, so I'm probably not helping myself here... but anyway... You've the patience of a saint, dealing with people like Yukari and Suika all day. And last but not least, you don't hold your booze very well."
[x] Try joking with her: "But you're right, it wouldn't be proper. I know all those things about you, and you barely know anything about me. That's not fair to me at all! So, I'm going to finish drying your tails, and while I do that, you can ask anything you want about yours truly."
>> No. 20645
At first I was thinking that damn, this sounded like a kind of backing-away from the situation, trying to distance ourselves from her.

Then I read it again, and considered it in light of what she said:
>Not to mention that we hardly know each other."
And then I read the write-in yet again, and realized we are saying: I know something of you, would you like to know something of me?

Which is, itself, a way of saying: 'Then let's try to change so we do.'

This is basically a confession.
Damn.

I know this may seem very obvious to a lot of people, but I'm still amazed by this revelation I had: It's not just meaningless nice things, this is some serious shit he is saying.

I only hope Ran will understand it for what it is and what we mean it to be.

So, that said:

[x] "I wouldn't say that Ran, I think I know plenty about you. You're... quite beautiful. Yes. Very, very beautiful. You're also very polite and considerate, even to complete strangers. You're probably the only responsible person here, and take your duties here very seriously, but sometimes that seriousness gets the better of you when you should be taking it easy. You've done a great job raising Chen considering how much she adores you. You also place a lot of value in actions over words, so I'm probably not helping myself here... but anyway... You've the patience of a saint, dealing with people like Yukari and Suika all day. And last but not least, you don't hold your booze very well."
[x] Try joking with her: "But you're right, it wouldn't be proper. I know all those things about you, and you barely know anything about me. That's not fair to me at all! So, I'm going to finish drying your tails, and while I do that, you can ask anything you want about yours truly."

Maybe she values actions over words, but hopefully she will know that for us, this is serious.
>> No. 20646
File 126146188177.gif - (57.82KB, 355x370, Ran Flying.gif) [iqdb]
20646
[x] She's right, neither of us know each other.
[x] Fix that. Offer to finish the task of drying her up and have some small talk while we're at it.
>> No. 20647
[x] What happens in the bathroom stays in the bathroom.
[x] Get to know each other better, ifyouknowwhatimean.
>> No. 20648
[x] "I wouldn't say that Ran, I think I know plenty about you. You're... quite beautiful. Yes. Very, very beautiful. You're also very polite and considerate, even to complete strangers. You're probably the only responsible person here, and take your duties here very seriously, but sometimes that seriousness gets the better of you when you should be taking it easy. You've done a great job raising Chen considering how much she adores you. You also place a lot of value in actions over words, so I'm probably not helping myself here... but anyway... You've the patience of a saint, dealing with people like Yukari and Suika all day. And last but not least, you don't hold your booze very well."
[x] Try joking with her: "But you're right, it wouldn't be proper. I know all those things about you, and you barely know anything about me. That's not fair to me at all! So, I'm going to finish drying your tails, and while I do that, you can ask anything you want about yours truly."
>> No. 20650
[x] Hit that so hard Ran needs a new metal pelvis installed.
>> No. 20651
[x] "I wouldn't say that Ran, I think I know plenty about you. You're... quite beautiful. Yes. Very, very beautiful. You're also very polite and considerate, even to complete strangers. You're probably the only responsible person here, and take your duties here very seriously, but sometimes that seriousness gets the better of you when you should be taking it easy. You've done a great job raising Chen considering how much she adores you. You also place a lot of value in actions over words, so I'm probably not helping myself here... but anyway... You've the patience of a saint, dealing with people like Yukari and Suika all day. And last but not least, you don't hold your booze very well."
[x] Try joking with her: "But you're right, it wouldn't be proper. I know all those things about you, and you barely know anything about me. That's not fair to me at all! So, I'm going to finish drying your tails, and while I do that, you can ask anything you want about yours truly."
>> No. 20652
Tch. Wordiness.

[+] Nod silently, reposition yourself slowly, and resume toweling her tails while staying away from the roots.
[+] Attempt to re-establish conversation.
[+] ... (And this is why my ideas run dry)

I'm shying away from letting her ask us about us because we don't know that much about us.
>> No. 20653
[x] "I wouldn't say that Ran, I think I know plenty about you. You're... quite beautiful. Yes. Very, very beautiful. You're also very polite and considerate, even to complete strangers. You're probably the only responsible person here, and take your duties here very seriously, but sometimes that seriousness gets the better of you when you should be taking it easy. You've done a great job raising Chen considering how much she adores you. You also place a lot of value in actions over words, so I'm probably not helping myself here... but anyway... You've the patience of a saint, dealing with people like Yukari and Suika all day. And last but not least, you don't hold your booze very well."
[x] Try joking with her: "But you're right, it wouldn't be proper. I know all those things about you, and you barely know anything about me. That's not fair to me at all! So, I'm going to finish drying your tails, and while I do that, you can ask anything you want about yours truly."
Ahh, delicious extra-large serving of write-in.
>> No. 20657
>>20652

Curiously didn't Haku[anon) just forget how exactly he died the first time around but still remembered his life before his death?

I actually forgot so...

What about this MC?
>> No. 20660
[X] "I wouldn't say that Ran, I think I know plenty about you. You're... quite beautiful. Yes. Very, very beautiful. You're also very polite and considerate, even to complete strangers. You're probably the only responsible person here, and take your duties here very seriously, but sometimes that seriousness gets the better of you when you should be taking it easy. You've done a great job raising Chen considering how much she adores you. You also place a lot of value in actions over words, so I'm probably not helping myself here... but anyway... You've the patience of a saint, dealing with people like Yukari and Suika all day. And last but not least, you don't hold your booze very well."
[X] Try joking with her: "But you're right, it wouldn't be proper. I know all those things about you, and you barely know anything about me. That's not fair to me at all! So, I'm going to finish drying your tails, and while I do that, you can ask anything you want about yours truly."
>> No. 20661
>>20657
You are either the second or possibly even the same person who asked that before or something.

YES. HE REMEMBERS, TOO. IT WAS THE SAME WAY.
>> No. 20663
>>20661

Nope different anon sorry, I must have missed the first time the issue was mentioned as I skimmed over most of the votes and comments in between the story. A mistake I'll be avoiding for now on that's for sure.
>> No. 20668
[X] "I wouldn't say that Ran, I think I know plenty about you. You're... quite beautiful. Yes. Very, very beautiful. You're also very polite and considerate, even to complete strangers. You're probably the only responsible person here, and take your duties here very seriously, but sometimes that seriousness gets the better of you when you should be taking it easy. You've done a great job raising Chen considering how much she adores you. You also place a lot of value in actions over words, so I'm probably not helping myself here... but anyway... You've the patience of a saint, dealing with people like Yukari and Suika all day. And last but not least, you don't hold your booze very well."
[X] Try joking with her: "But you're right, it wouldn't be proper. I know all those things about you, and you barely know anything about me. That's not fair to me at all! So, I'm going to finish drying your tails, and while I do that, you can ask anything you want about yours truly."
>> No. 20669
[B] Nod silently, reposition yourself slowly, and resume toweling her tails while staying away from the roots.
>> No. 20670
[x] Knock her over the back of the head.
[x] Rape.
>> No. 20671
[X] "I wouldn't say that Ran, I think I know plenty about you. You're... quite beautiful. Yes. Very, very beautiful. You're also very polite and considerate, even to complete strangers. You're probably the only responsible person here, and take your duties here very seriously, but sometimes that seriousness gets the better of you when you should be taking it easy. You've done a great job raising Chen considering how much she adores you. You also place a lot of value in actions over words, so I'm probably not helping myself here... but anyway... You've the patience of a saint, dealing with people like Yukari and Suika all day. And last but not least, you don't hold your booze very well."
[X] Try joking with her: "But you're right, it wouldn't be proper. I know all those things about you, and you barely know anything about me. That's not fair to me at all! So, I'm going to finish drying your tails, and while I do that, you can ask anything you want about yours truly."
>> No. 20675
[X] "We wouldn't say that, Patchwork, we think we know plenty about you. Your writing is... quite beautiful. Yes. Very, very beautiful. You're also very polite and considerate, even to complete strangers. You're probably not the only responsible person here, but you take your updates very seriously, and sometimes that seriousness gets the better of you when you should be writing it easy. You've done a great job portraying this Ran considering how much we adore her. You also place a lot of value in actions over words, so I'm probably not helping our cause here... but anyway... You've the patience of a saint, dealing with people like anon and anon all day. And last but not least, you don't hold your booze very well."
[X] Try joking with him: "But you're right, it wouldn't be proper. We know all those things about you, and you barely know anything about us. That's probably for the best! So, I'm going to finish screwing with this write-in, and while I do that, you can feel free to update the story."
>> No. 20682
>>20675
I chuckled. Well played sir.
>> No. 20698
File 126247241416.jpg - (143.36KB, 714x750, f254ebed50412294ed159863b7f43eb5.jpg) [iqdb]
20698
>> No. 20712
File 126254912086.jpg - (191.25KB, 450x618, 7917962.jpg) [iqdb]
20712
>> No. 20714
File 126256836137.jpg - (47.70KB, 550x700, You can help her by UPDATING.jpg) [iqdb]
20714
"Heehee... you know, my breasts also got bigger since then.
If you don't help me every day, I won't make it in time! ♥"

Yes, that's really what it says.
>> No. 20716
File 126264192494.jpg - (362.97KB, 648x906, 7735193.jpg) [iqdb]
20716
>> No. 20717
>>20716
Hot damn.
>> No. 20720
File 126266865680.jpg - (145.62KB, 636x477, 1258397457092.jpg) [iqdb]
20720
>>20716
Whoa...
>> No. 20723
>>20716

Itou Life Wriggle (in his rarely seen style saved for covers only), but either way His Wriggle is infinitely cute/etc. (I don't think there's another artist that does Wriggle so well as Itou Life)
>> No. 20726
File 126268609529.jpg - (580.06KB, 800x1161, Fapwork.jpg) [iqdb]
20726
>>20716

I... I think I need to extend my sabbatical. Yeah, I need to, uh, take care of some... things.

Update tomorrow. I swear.
>> No. 20730
File 126274993399.jpg - (441.78KB, 1000x1051, 7881329.jpg) [iqdb]
20730
>> No. 20736
File 126276804129.jpg - (273.00KB, 680x880, 1c3d087ea8b1e9f7b279cfe01e973282.jpg) [iqdb]
20736
Oh god those delicious Wriggle hips.
>> No. 20738
>>20726
No update today. Update tomorrow. There's always an update tomorrow.
>> No. 20743
File 126283951418.png - (1.26MB, 1523x2279, 7756882.png) [iqdb]
20743
>> No. 20751
File 126285041081.jpg - (80.55KB, 600x600, She\'s ready.jpg) [iqdb]
20751
>>20736

Mokou x Wriggle? Not sure if want, but...

Dem Wriggle hips...

***

[X] "I wouldn't say that Ran, I think I know plenty about you. You're... quite beautiful. Yes. Very, very beautiful. You're also very polite and considerate, even to complete strangers. You're probably the only responsible person here, and take your duties here very seriously, but sometimes that seriousness gets the better of you when you should be taking it easy. You've done a great job raising Chen considering how much she adores you. You also place a lot of value in actions over words, so I'm probably not helping myself here... but anyway... You've the patience of a saint, dealing with people like Yukari and Suika all day. And last but not least, you don't hold your booze very well."
[X] Try joking with her: "But you're right, it wouldn't be proper. I know all those things about you, and you barely know anything about me. That's not fair to me at all! So, I'm going to finish drying your tails, and while I do that, you can ask anything you want about yours truly."

***

"I don't know about that, Ran, I think I know plenty about you."

I do?

"You do?"

"Yes. For example, you're quite beautiful. Very, very beautiful." Pants twitch! Stop thinking about how beautiful she is! "You're also very polite and considerate, or at least you have been with me, and I'm a complete stranger. You seem really responsible, and I thought you were pretty serious about your duties back when we were cleaning together, even though you were kind of uptight. Also, Chen seems to like you a lot, and--"

"You're rambling," Ran interrupts flatly, cutting short your little speech rather decisively. You whimper quietly. She's right, of course, you were starting to ramble, but that still hurts. She chuckles lowly, and turns her eyes away from you to stare at the wall. "Not that I don't appreciate your apparent high opinion of me, but you have known me for only a day or two, and I mean no offense, but you hardly know me as well as you might think. You're being presumptuous."

Ouch.

"I... I'm sorry..."

"No need to apologize," she replies in a lighter tone. "You died young. We all make mistakes in our youth. I certainly did." Did she just very politely call you a kid? You almost say something, but she speaks up before you get the chance. "At any rate, if either of us should be apologizing, it's me. I've spoken out of turn."

"You were right, though," you find yourself admitting, "even if I was babbling, what I was suggesting really would have been improper. I know it's presumptuous, and that it sounds a little strange to put it this way, but putting to one side whether or not I know as much about you as I think I do, I don't think you know all that much about me. It would have been unfair for at least one of us if anything happened, so I guess it's my turn to apologize again: I'm sorry for suggesting that we could do something that we might both regret. Hormones are tough to deal with."

Ran actually cracks a smile at that, though she looks uncharacteristically wry about it.

"If you think you have it tough, you should try managing animal hormones some time. I have it way tougher than you."

"Yeah? Have you ever been a young man?"

"I've disguised myself as one before, but no, I've never truly been a young man."

"Then you have no point of comparison to say you have it tougher than me. You're being presumptuous," you say in as exaggerated a snippy tone as you can manage. You're rewarded with a roll of her eyes for your efforts at joking with her, along with a surprisingly rich chuckle. You almost find yourself chuckling, but then...

"Very cute. If you want to play games, I think I have one we can play."

You gasp aloud, and shiver uncontrollably as a soft touch suddenly runs over the length of your erection, bringing it right back to your attention after you had almost managed to put it out of mind. You find yourself frozen with an incomprehensible mixture of emotions as you finally notice that Ran has worked her hand all the way to your crotch without your noticing, and that she's actually stroking you. What the hell is she--

"See, you were right about us not knowing too terribly much about each other, and this will be a fun little way to fix that. We'll just take turns; I tell you something about me, you tell me something about you."

Your mouth goes dry as she nuzzles your length with her cheek, her hot breath purposely caressing you.

"I'll start: a beast is still a beast, no matter how far along the path toward divinity she might walk, and her bestial instincts are always strong. Consequently, if you don't get out of here right now, something is going to happen that we might both regret, and if you don't start it, I will."

Good gods, she's right. You need to get out of here right now if you want to stop something from happening. You might have had a chance if she was just talking with you, but-- gods, with the way she's touching you right now, you know damn well that if she has time to do anything more, you won't have the will to leave. You can't really read her right now, there's too many conflicting signs in her expression, and so it all boils down to one thing...

Do you want this to happen?

***

[ ] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.

[ ] You want this to happen. But you need to leave the room. Now.

***

Alright! Alright! It was more than a day! But it was reasonably quick!
>> No. 20755
[x] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.

I know this is risky, but the only way we'd regret it is if she regrets it. And it'll help her ease some of the tension we've built up. (we're the one who made her that horny through our actions)

I acknowledge the risks and take them, and as such, I can't really argue against the other choice.
>> No. 20756
[ ] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.

What could go wrong!? Aside from everything.
>> No. 20758
[x] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.

RAN-SAMAAAAAAAAAAA <3<3<3<3
>> No. 20759
[x] You want this to happen. But you need to leave the room. Now.
>> No. 20760
[x] You want this to happen. But you need to leave the room. Now.
>> No. 20761
File 12628546417.jpg - (10.75KB, 326x246, 1257237784779.jpg) [iqdb]
20761
[X] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.
>> No. 20762
[X] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.
>> No. 20764
[x] You want this to happen. But you need to leave the room. Now.

Obligatory pissing against the tide vote.
>> No. 20765
File 126286281327.jpg - (213.58KB, 841x1000, ran.jpg) [iqdb]
20765
[x] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.
-[x] Well, it's not like you can move, anyway. You're frozen in shock and chained down by your hormones. It would be futile to just ignore this, right?
-[x] Those shining eyes, those beautiful lips, those gentle hands, her smooth body, sweat trickling down the small of her back, her voluptuous shoulders, her quaking thighs, those love juices running down her legs, that anon trying his damnedest to persuade the naysayers with erotic depictions of her.

Koakuma's lost her title as head succubus.
>> No. 20766
{You want this to happen. But you need to leave the room. Now.}

Actually think that this will leave us better off in the long run.
Bracing for NORMAL END.
>> No. 20768
[x] >>20760

On my phone, so no copy+pasting.
>> No. 20769
>>20765
>It's not like you can move.
Meh, sounds like a weak excuse to me.


[x] You want this to happen. But you need to leave the room. Now.
>> No. 20770
I hope she doesn't mean "tear you to shreds" when she says "bestial instincts." This is bad end waiting to happen. If only my brain could overpower my Ranlust...

[X] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.

To death or glory!
>> No. 20771
[X] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.

Only path, no regrets, etc
>> No. 20772
[x] You want this to happen. But you need to leave the room. Now.

If you fuck Ran now it will take us off from the happy ending, fuck you fags im not going to let you ruin this one like you did with Yuyu's route.
>> No. 20773
Vote's tied at 8-8.

Might as well skew it in another direction:
[X] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.

In my opinion, the happy end is already gone.
>> No. 20774
[X] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.
>> No. 20777
The last walkthrough was ruined because anon said the three magic words a bit too soon. Today, he shows that he has learned his lesson by trying to fuck a person he barely knows. Awesome.

[x] You want this to happen. But you need to leave the room. Now.
>> No. 20779
I feel so... conflicted. Must... be... responsible!

[x] You want this to happen. But you need to leave the room. Now.
>> No. 20781
[+] You want this to happen. But you need to leave the room. Now.
>> No. 20782
[X] You want this to happen. But you need to leave the room. Now.

I like the gap monster more.
>> No. 20783
>>20777

Thing is there isn't any illusions of love being involved, just two horny people who are not quite sure about things.

But the question is which choice has the greatest risk (remember after all actions speak louder to Ran than words, and it's our fault she's horny)

>>20772
It wasn't the sex that ruined things, but Anon saying those words too soon.

That and Anon being too focused (No risk of that here)

I wonder how many more posts until a full blown shitstorm appears.

I get the feeling that leaving might have a slight yet damning risk of damaging our progress with Ran. (Ran is not Yuyuko, try to remember that, different issues, different solutions) Since you know the matter of a guy riling a girl up sexually then leaving before helping her calm down might count as something nasty. (So it's not a completely safe choice in this case)

Paranoid much?
>> No. 20785
[X] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.

Never leave a lady waiting.
>> No. 20786
>>20783
You make a good point about leaving now being just as damning as staying. It leads me to think that there's no right answer here, and that whatever we do now we'll have to redeem ourselves for it later. Question is, do we want to be guilty of action or inaction? So if it boils down to that...

[x] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.

I'd rather act now and ask forgiveness later.


Of course its possible the whole argument is moot and this scene really operates along the lines of:
"One choice has a benefit (H-scene) now, therefore gaming logic dictates it will have worse consequences in the long run."
But I seriously doubt Patchwork subscribes to such silly tropes. Anonymous, on the other hand...
>> No. 20787
>>20786

Yeah as well as a few other authors (I think Angry Desu worked along those lines with an early choice in SoS with a meaningless sex scene with Tokiko; Anon turned it down, wisely so it seems.)

That and they're overcompensating for the one of the big screw ups in the first one while missing the point.

And the real test if we go ahead is how we act afterwards. Since it'll be a touchy matter at first, but the right course of action may pay off nicely.

I'd say more but I don't want to risk Anon overthinking things.

I wasn't so much arguing against a point, but informing folks of the perils of both choices.
>> No. 20788
[x] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.
>> No. 20796
Vote's 13-12 now.
If the side I voted for wins, it'll be by a ridiculously close margin.
>> No. 20797
>>20796

I'm considering changing my vote, myself.

I am so conflicted.
>> No. 20799
[x] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.
>> No. 20800
>>20772
That's fear talking. You assume it's going to end up the same way again.

But you have to ask yourself, if you're so against it now, when won't you be? When is "ready"? This train of thought only leads to things going one step forward, three steps back. You'll be constantly tip-toeing around the character too afraid to make a move, trying to reassure yourself that it isn't the right time, that it's too soon. Enough time passes that eventually the character loses interest and you've already set yourself up for a bad end.

Do you really want to be the guy who looks on from a distance as the woman you love is making a family with some other man? Content to just watch?

>>20777
>>20783
Sadly, we seemed to be on better terms with girls in the first run by getting physical before we really knew them. Following this, we probably should have jumped Yuyu sooner.
>> No. 20801
[X] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.You want her to truly want it as well beyond hormones, but maybe it'll come to fruition some day
-[x]Graze your hand slightly under her hat.
--[x]"Would you terribly mind if I removed your hat? Short of my current condition I don't have much to be modest about, nor should you; or am I being too presumptuous again?"

Ran's had at one point been very adamant about keeping the hat on before. Perhaps this would trigger something in her mind; whether it's a good or bad thing is another matter. In this case why be so obsessive with keeping the hat on.?

Two questions in one to start things off if you will. I also want to believe she would get it as well but hey what do I know.
>> No. 20802
File 126292369861.png - (1.00MB, 717x1518, 25121907988ee15f6f640fda32c169dd.png) [iqdb]
20802
>>20801
Just so long as it leads to ear-nibbling.
>> No. 20803
[X] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.

Ride that Bad End Bomb right on top of us!
>> No. 20804
[x] You want this to happen. But you need to leave the room. Now.
>if you don't get out of here right now, something is going to happen that we might both regret

This was exactly why we held back in the first place. Don't change your mind now, people.
>> No. 20806
[x] You want this to happen. But you need to leave the room. Now.
>> No. 20808
>>20804

On the other hand, it very well may be something she needs in a form of stress relief under the convenient guise of "bestial hormones"; though perhaps more the latter than the former.

We have this deep mindset of societal norms where merely the mention of a quickie should be quickly squashed with puritanical ideals and morality. In this wondrous new world for "anonymous", this would apply heavily to those that subscribe to it fiercely, rather than reinforced by the entire population as a whole.

Also who's to say that a wonderful & meaningful relationship can't occur as well as grow with a seemingly meaningless act borne from lust?

Believe it or not, it has worked before; we just don't have a nosy Tengu reporter chronicling all the events in their entirety of those couples
>> No. 20809
[X] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.
>> No. 20810
>>20808

That's something I've noticed, people assuming Gensokyo, particularly certain circles follow the norms of today's western society (heavily influence by the puritans)

Since it's an area in japan that was sealed off 100 years back. It's highly unlikely that most of the values we follow made it over there, especially dealing with beings that were around back when europe was filled with fur wearing savages.

A slight mess happened in AGLA due to the clash of ideas. Then again this is what happens when a story moves away from the VN norms/tropes that governed many CYOAs in the past.

Back on topic

A quickie isn't the most damning thing if you don't go about attaching extra emotional baggage to it. A quickie is just a quickie, but it might cause a bond to form that she'd end up dear to you.

>>20804
We held back since we had no idea if she wanted it. This time she wants some kind of relief, and if we stick around, she's going to get it from us.
>> No. 20819
[X] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.
-[x]Graze your hand slightly under her hat.
--[x]"Would you terribly mind if I removed your hat? Short of my current condition I don't have much to be modest about, nor should you; or am I being too presumptuous again?"

ear nibbling...
>> No. 20824
There are way too many conflicting opinions regarding the same concerns and both sides of the reaction. At this point, forgetting that this is a character-centric CYOA and instead doing whatever we would do in the same situation for our own reasons is probably the best choice.
>> No. 20827
[X] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.
-[x]Graze your hand slightly under her hat.
--[x]"Would you terribly mind if I removed your hat? Short of my current condition I don't have much to be modest about, nor should you; or am I being too presumptuous again?"

Ears.
>> No. 20828
☑ You want this to happen. You need this to happen.
-☑ Graze your hand slightly under her hat.
--☑ "Would you terribly mind if I removed your hat? Short of my current condition I don't have much to be modest about, nor should you; or am I being too presumptuous again?"
>> No. 20834
>And if you don't start it
>it
What's the 'it' she's talking about?
>> No. 20838
>>20834
Hey there, Shirou. Aren't you in the wrong CYOA?
>> No. 20841
>>20838
I'm quite serious. There doesn't seem to be anything that's an actual noun that could be called "it." Unless you wanted to say "The sexing" or "The getting the fuck out of there," but even then , it is still ambiguous. Not only that, it is pointless, as she mentions neither.

So what the fuck is "it"?
>> No. 20842
>>20841

Perhaps Ran simply stating she's expecting less verbose commentary and more capability of the MC despite her initiating a "game" where supposedly one tells the other about their selves in turn; perhaps one person doing something while the other gives a tid-bit
>> No. 20847
>>20842
Now see, that was a way the fuck more helpful, useful, and enlightening answer.

You have my sincere thanks.
>> No. 20849
[B] You want this to happen. You need this to happen.
>> No. 20854
[x] You want this to happen. But you need to leave the room. Now.
>> No. 20856
[X] You want this to happen. But you need an update. Now.
>> No. 20857
>>20856

Very funny~
Don't think I'll change my vote at all, though.

Vote count's 21-15, and seems like there's a vote I counted before that's missing. *shrugs*

I think it's almost safe that we're gonna get what's coming, good or bad XD
>> No. 20858
File 126353214240.jpg - (146.88KB, 800x600, cb1f2f2beecad809774387c5eb96d00f.jpg) [iqdb]
20858
>> No. 20859
I apologize for the long waits recently, but I've something of a dirth of motivation recently. I've been writing HLA for so long that I feel kind of burnt out on it. I'll get around to the next update sometime in the next week, but first I'm going to try getting motivated by focusing on writing something else. Expect me to start a short, rapid-update CYOA idea I had some time either tonight or tomorrow. I think shifting my attention to something I haven't tried before will help motivate me, and the rapid pace of what I have in mind should help me ease back into regular updating.
>> No. 20860
>>20859
Oh, ok. Take a break if you need it, I just hate when stories just stop all of a sudden.

Break off, rearm, and come back. We'll be waiting for your return.
>> No. 20861
>>20859
>Expect me to start a short, rapid-update CYOA idea I had some time either tonight or tomorrow.
hooray.j-
>rapid-update
skepticalhooray.jpg

I kid. Looking forward to whatever you write.
>> No. 20863
>>20859
>rapid-update
We need more of those.
>> No. 20889
>>20859

SO, about that rapid-update story...did it ever start?
>> No. 20898
>>20889
Of course it has. Don't you see it? Hell, I've even started rapid-replying. We may not be able to keep up at this rate!
>> No. 20899
File 12647931323.jpg - (338.28KB, 700x1000, 8348064.jpg) [iqdb]
20899
Patchwork is slow work. He's also a liar, but mostly slow.
>> No. 20903
>>20859
This wouldn't have happened if we'd woken at Higan and gone for Lily Black, instead of feeling up a furry.
>> No. 20913
>>20903

Oh you.

It'd hardly matter where the lead would have gone as Patchwork has adopted glasnost's "dirty habit" of being slow.

Okay no not really but seriously what the hell happened to you Patchwork? Are you sick? Out of town/vacationing? What?
>> No. 20925
>>20903

You misspelled Komachi, and ears and tails do not make a furry.

And inb4 someone bitches about "working for the weekend" not being updated.
>> No. 20927
Patchwork is replaced work. Anything he could have want to create here is done 1000x better in /at/ instead. Don't waste your time here unless someone that has abandoned their story. We might actually have a sadist that will act as 5-1 or some such will observe it.
>> No. 20930
>>20927

Thing is though at first it seemed that the one in /at/ was simply good ole smut but then it seems to be evolving into having some plot; what with Yukari giving hints in between the action; or it may not have any such thing at all as its for shits and giggles.

Here we know of a plot but only seen one way it could end. With the way Patchwork seemingly delays the updates though...

Also I have no idea what the hell you are talking about at this point of your post.

>Don't waste your time here unless someone that has abandoned their story. We might actually have a sadist that will act as 5-1 or some such will observe it.

wat
>> No. 20933
Oh gods, I do owe you lot an apology, and an explanation. I won't dodge that.

To put it bluntly, this is half laziness, and half just plain being overworked. I've had writer's block for a while, and now on top of that I have Advanced Writing of Fiction on my plate as a college course. Spending ages reworking stories for class leaves me feeling burned out every time I get started on trying to write for this, and I just end up demoralized. I do want to get back to this, and it's to that end that I plan to start that short, silly story I spoke of earlier - I think writing something quick and dirty might help me get out of this funk.

I shouldn't make promises, not with my track record, but I'll try to get back to work soon. I really am sorry about how long I've made you guys wait.
>> No. 20939
>>20933

So long as you had not disappeared like Harker & Grue who secretly could have been HY ALL THIS FUCKING TIME I don't think any one would seriously hold it against you; excepr maybe for that one anon...
>> No. 20942
>>20933

Well I figured something like that was the case. College: Sucks more life than a succubus, but not anywhere as fun.
>>20939
It's those remarks that drove Grue off.
>> No. 20964
File 126557502293.jpg - (7.84KB, 182x215, oooh.jpg) [iqdb]
20964
>>20933
>> No. 20969
I almost posted Wriggle guro...
>> No. 20971
>>20942
>It's those remarks that drove Grue off.
Because they were true.
>> No. 21026
File 126629867942.jpg - (576.14KB, 1123x1600, 0f08c47f7a70a4384973c9e99d099e03.jpg) [iqdb]
21026
>> No. 21072
File 126686317584.jpg - (199.05KB, 1700x1500, 8859470.jpg) [iqdb]
21072
You know it is glacially slow when even Harker can get a new update out before Patchwork does.
>> No. 21085
>You know it is glacially slow when even Harker can get a new update out before Patchwork does.
>when even Harker can get a new update out
>Harker update

Wait, what? You shouldn't joke about that, people may get their hopes up. So let me just go check /eientei/ to confirm you're trolling...


FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Thank you good sir, I may have missed this if not for you. Now we just have figure out what form of Necromancy brought Harker back and use it on Patchwork.
>> No. 21230
File 126888336935.jpg - (95.65KB, 912x700, 120855088416.jpg) [iqdb]
21230
>>20933
It has been more than a month. Either explain why we haven't seen anything from you, or I'm calling McCoy.
>> No. 22188
Please lord don't tell me this is dead.
>> No. 22195
>>22188
Nah, patchwok's just a lazy cunt.
>> No. 22368
[X] Restart
[X] Prismriver Mansion

Maybe Patchwork would be more motivated to write if he were writing about better characters.
>> No. 31293
File 153127742477.jpg - (40.79KB, 356x322, image.jpg) [iqdb]
31293
AND THE STORY WAS NEVER HEARD FROM AGAIN!
>> No. 31294
>>31293

You know, you didn't need to be an ass about it.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x