[Return]
Archived Thread
File 124924707953.jpg - (798.61KB , 580x822 , Yakumo.jpg ) [iqdb]
18646 No. 18646
[X] "So... if I'm dead, is this heaven? Are you goddesses?"
[X] Ask about being an "outsider"
[X] "Do you know how I died?"

***

"Okay then, first things first. If I'm dead, then where is this? Is this heaven? Are you supposed to be goddesses?"

Yukari gives you a long hard stare until her mouth twitches, and she erupts into a flurry of loud, raucous laughter; she tries and fails to hide her smile with one hand, the other slapping her thigh loudly. Chen joins in with a flurry of her own giggles, clutching her sides as she hunches over the table. Feeling ridiculed and slightly stupid because of it, you can't help but be a little cross and a little abashed, your cheeks growing hot with embarrassment.

"Stop it! It wasn't that funny!"

"I'm sorry, you're right," Yukari manages to wheeze between laughs. "If a dusty wasteland and a rundown town with only three inhabitants is your idea of heaven, you must have led a very sad life indeed!"

She does that thing again - that thing she did the when you first met her - but in reverse, vanishing from her end of the table and reappearing on yours. Before you can catch sight of what exactly it is that she's done, you find yourself being yanked headfirst into her ample bosom. You glare up at her as she ruffles your hair; somehow the magnificence of having her bust against your face is but a cold comfort when she's mocking you like this.

"You poor, poor baby. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of experiences would make you think demons like us could be goddesses."

"Demons?"

Something changes in Yukari when you ask that question. Her golden eyes glow ominously, and she flashes an uncanny and disconcerting smile.

"The Demon That Lurks in Gaps and Boundaries, Yukari Yakumo."

A pair of small hands grip your shoulders tightly enough to be painful, and out the corner your eye you spy Chen giving you a grin that shows off some very sharp teeth.

"The Monstrous Black Cat of Ill Omens, Chen."

Just as a shiver creeps up your back, Yukari cackles.

"Now, now. No need to be scared. At least one of us has some divinity in them; maybe you'll feel safer with her?"

Abruptly you're shoved away, and... what the hell?

---

Floating in a black and red miasma of pulsing lights and eerie sounds, countless disembodied eyes turn their unwavering gaze upon you. Staring right back into one of them, a sick, wretched sensation washes over you, and you can't look away.

This is wrong. This is all wro--

---

You tumble through the air, saved from impacting the floor only through Ran's lightning quick reflexes allowing her to catch you bridal style. Feeling supremely ill, you decide not to try and work out what just happened, and instead focus on keeping your stomach under control. Already on her way from the kitchen to the dining room, Ran sighs, and carries you back out with her, but doesn't seem particularly upset even when she gives the still cackling Yukari a look.

"You really shouldn't toy with our guest like this, Miss Yukari. It's not at all proper."

"But it's so much fun, Ran! It's just like teasing Youmu, or it would be if Youmu were a boy."

Yukari bites back some giggles before she rests her elbows on the table, and her head in her hands. Her sleepy expression returns, and it looks as though she's daydreaming.

"If Youmu were a boy..." The moment the words leave her mouth, Ran fixes her with a harsh glare. Yukari suddenly straightens up. "It was just an idea, Ran."

"I'm sure."

"Perfectly harmless. I would never."

"Of course. You would never."

"Never ever."

"You're a terrible liar, Yukari Yakumo."

The tense war of stares between the two women is cut short when you cough discreetly. Yukari welcomes the save, switching gears immediately.

"Oh look at that, Ran! We've been ignoring our guest. It's not at all proper." Ran twitches at that statement. "Why don't you bring him over here, and then we'll get right back on track."

To your surprise, Ran takes the order literally, carrying you over to the table and taking her seat without complaint.

"You can put me down if you like," you inform her, and she seems to realize just how awkward this situation is. As she moves to put you down, however, Yukari cuts in.

"Not so fast Ran! You can't leave him unattended around scary old demons like us. As a nine-tailed fox, you're the closest thing to heavenly that we have. I'm afraid you'll just have to protect him from us."

"A full-blown god would not be able to protect him from you, Miss Yukari. Expecting your own familiar to manage it is even more laughable." Ran says that, but she's not letting you go...

Wait. Familiar?

"Hold on, hold on. Surrounded by a demon, her familiar..." You trail off, glancing at Chen.

"Her familiar's familiar," Ran supplies kindly.

"... right, and her familiar's familiar... if this isn't heaven, does that mean I wound up in the other place?"

Yukari cackles again, but her fatigue is becoming evident, especially after her recent bout of liveliness. She slumps forward onto the table, stretching her arms out across it as she does so.

"If this were the afterlife, you would be spot on... but no, this is just Mayohiga, the village of the lost. It's the perfect place for confused little boys like you." She reaches out as though to pinch at your cheeks, but seems to lack the energy to follow through on all the movement that would be necessary to actually accomplish that, and lets her arm fall limply to the table.

"Alright, Mayohiga, so... when you called me an outsider, you meant I was from outside Mayohiga?"

Yukari shakes her head.

"From outside Gensokyo."

"Gensokyo?"

Yukari sighs.

"Ran."

"Yes, Miss Yukari. Gensokyo is... I suppose you could call it a country of it's own; it's about that size," Ran explains. "At any rate, it is a land where what you would consider folktales and the supernatural come to stay. Naturally, it would be noticed quickly by the outside world if it were not concealed, so it has been set up inside of it's own bubble. The Hakurei Border separates it from the world you know like a fence, or a veil. There's quite a bit more to Gensokyo, and it has a rich history, but to explain it all would take a great deal of time; for now, this is all you need to know."

"Okay." The story is a little incredible, but then again, you're a ghost, and these three seem to be monsters. You're willing to accept just about anything as plausible at this point. "So, if Gensokyo is separated from my world, how did I wind up here?"

"You probably fell through the Border," Yukari says casually, yawning a little as she does. "Speaking of which, Ran?"

"There are no problems with the Border. It was likely being fickle again." Ran turns to you, and expounds for your benefit. "The Hakurei Border occasionally acts up, and holes form... or rather, the Border stops protecting certain places. After you died, your spirit likely drifted through one of these holes. You wound up here because it's close to the edge of the Border, and because those who become lost will usually turn up here... and you would have been quite lost."

That... makes sense, in so far as anything has made sense today. You sigh.

"Alright, if that's the case, then how did I d--"

An image of twisting metal and twin orbs of blinding light flashes before your eyes. The loud screech of rubber against pavement, and the blaring of a horn. A sudden impact, jarring and painful, and searing, blistering heat so real and vivid that it makes your eyes water and your skin bubble.

"Never mind." You know well enough how you died.
>> No. 18647
File 124924712396.jpg- (162.28KB , 600x414 , Sleep.jpg ) [iqdb]
18647
Ran gives you a curious look, and squeezes your shoulder reassuringly when she notices your uneasiness. You all lapse into silence for a short while.

"Is that all?" Yukari asks eventually, now looking thoroughly drowsy.

"I guess... what now?"

"I don't know about you, but I'm going to sleep. I've been up far too long as it is," Yukari says with a shrug. She glances over at Chen, who's already murmuring quietly and lying asleep at her end of the table. "Chen too, I suppose. Ran will look after you for now, so if you need anything, speak to her."

With that, Yukari once again drops beneath the table and vanishes from sight. That just leaves you alone with a sleeping Chen, and Ran. Maybe just a sleeping Chen soon, as Ran takes one look at you before blushing slightly, and gingerly sets you down now that Yukari has disappeared.

"I have various duties to attend to," Ran remarks quietly. "If you need anything, please call for me."

The fox woman stands, and moves to leave the room. What now?

***

[ ] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.

[ ] Go exploring. There doesn't seem to be much of anything around here, but who knows?

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 18648
[X] Go exploring. There doesn't seem to be much of anything around here, but who knows?
>> No. 18649
This update was excellent. I loved it. Now if only I knew which to vote for...
>> No. 18650
[ ] Write-in.

Take a nice nap
Then practice some ghostly abilities (AWAY from anywhere that might have females in less than decent states of dress in them)
>> No. 18651
[X] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.

We just got here, had our worldview Bel-Aired, and got trolled by the gap youkai. Probably don't feel very adventurous right now.
>> No. 18652
[X] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.
>> No. 18653
[X] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.
>> No. 18654
[X] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.
>> No. 18655
[O] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.
>> No. 18656
[X] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.
>> No. 18657
[X] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.
>> No. 18658
[X] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.
>> No. 18659
File 12492540716.png- (203.98KB , 540x615 , ec1a52abfaa1221bde53af48ba7fcfb7.png ) [iqdb]
18659
Ran-fags are appearing it seems.
>> No. 18660
[+] Write-in: "As long as I don't go into any named rooms or houses, is it safe to look around? get my bearings?"
[+] Go exploring. There doesn't seem to be much of anything around here, but who knows?
>> No. 18661
[x] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.
>> No. 18662
☞ Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.

Damn it, spamfag! Quit making us look bad!
>> No. 18665
[X] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.

No spam here.
>> No. 18666
[x] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.
[x] Whisper when you're out of sight of the demons, "Please don't leave me alone with them."

>"Now, now. No need to be scared. At least one of us has some divinity in them; maybe you'll feel safer with her?"

No other author has brought this up before I think. Nine-tailed foxes are frequently depicted as divine beasts and enlightened beings, often depicted as servants of the god Inari. Ran could be on an entirely different karmic rung than Yukari & Chen (being a deva, rather than a youkai), which would explain her relatively benevolent personality.
>> No. 18668
>>18666

It's supposed to be basic knowledge on that suject, so I guess most thought there wasn't a need. Still, I guess Patch is the first one to bring that out into the open for those of us who don't already know those sorts of things.
>> No. 18670
[Q] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.

Plus whatever else.
>> No. 18671
[x] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.

If there was a Yukari option I'd be taking it, but otherwise this seems reasonable.
>> No. 18672
[X] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.

Had something else in mind for write in but became dissatisfied after three peruses...
>> No. 18674
[ze] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.

>>18671
Yukari is yesterday's news. Ran all the way, baby.

>>18659
Are appearing?

You say it like we weren't here all along.
>> No. 18675
>>18666

Yeah; Ran's always struck me as a more straight forward earnest gal, especially compared to her master.
>> No. 18676
>>18675

Plus if all goes well, we'll get to find out what the deal is with her hat complex.
>> No. 18677
[X] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.
>> No. 18678
>>18676

Good point.

Even though I was hoping for a Komachi route, a Ran is more than fine too.
>> No. 18679
[x] Go exploring. There doesn't seem to be much of anything around here, but who knows?

Pissing against the tide.
>> No. 18680
[ ] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.

Tails man tails
>> No. 18681
[X] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.

May as well get comfy in thy current "home" so to speak.
>> No. 18682
[x] Go exploring. There doesn't seem to be much of anything around here, but who knows?
The votespam tide can go fuck itself.
>> No. 18684
>>18682

Can we have a votespam check please..?

If it's not votespam, I don't think I could be any more happier... at least without resorting to using makeshift emoticons even if they are frowned upon...
>> No. 18685
[X] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.
>> No. 18686
I change my vote to the Ran option; time to earn some points with the lovely fox lady.

Though Yukari forgot a basic fact: the line between demon and angel is quite thin.

I wonder if Ran in this outsizes Yukari like in some fanon circles.
>> No. 18687
[†] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.


Mai Waifu route! Target Locked!
>> No. 18689
Alright, calling this. I'm not in a position to write right now, but I'll get around to it tonight.

In the meantime, I suppose I'll ask for a votespam check, although... to be perfectly frank, even though there is almost certainly spam, I doubt it has changed the outcome in this case. Even so, I suppose it's only fair to put in the request.
>> No. 18690
>>18689

Aside from one obvious proxy and about 3 different posts with very similar IPs that all lead back to the same service, there's not much else I can prove. I can't imagine why so many people would vote for the same option if it wasn't spam anyway, especially when the spammed option is almost completely uncontested.
>> No. 18691
>>18687

Votespam and Proxy engaged!
>> No. 18697
File 124953212490.jpg- (146.33KB , 637x804 , Cleaning Ran.jpg ) [iqdb]
18697
[X] Ask Ran to let you tag along. Maybe you can help her out; you don't have anything else to do.

***

"Wait," you call out awkwardly to Ran before she can leave, and she glances over her shoulder at you curiously. "If there are things you need to do, I can help."

The fox-woman smiles at the offer, but shakes her head in refusal. "That's very kind of you, but I couldn't impose. You are a guest, and your current circumstances must be daunting indeed; it wouldn't be right to put you to work when you're in such a state."

"No, I insist. I mean," you swallow down a sudden bout of nervousness, "I really don't have anything else to do."

You lapse into an uncomfortable silence, leaving unspoken the real problem: you don't know what else to do. Death may have left you intact, in a sense, and coming to terms with that... well, you're on your way, at least... but the rest of your situation has left you feeling lost. Evidently your journey to the afterlife has been preempted, but what does that mean? What are you supposed to do about that? What's going to happen to you, if not being sent to the afterlife?

Ran was right, your circumstances are daunting. It's not something that's fun to think about it, and a distraction would be welcome. Any distraction.

Thankfully, Ran seems to catch on to your distress quickly, gaze softening as she relents.

"Well, if that really is what you want, I suppose it would be rude to deny you. Come along then, I'll show you where we store the cleaning supplies."

Ran leads you out to a closet at the end of one of the halls; there are quite a few miscellaneous supplies kept inside, of varying make and purpose - and, it would seem, time of manufacture given how anachronistic some of the items look - but most importantly is that it contains all the things you would need to clean a house. From there, the two of you move on to the actual cleaning of the house, which ranges from vacuuming, to dusting, to outright scrubbing the floors, and everything in between. You work in uneventful silence for the most part, grateful merely for the opportunity to take your mind off of things. It's looking as though this work will keep you occupied for quite some time too; not only is the building above average in terms of size, but Ran is very thorough.

At some point during the cleaning you pass through the room you woke up in this morning, which is naturally still mostly clean save for some dust. The next guest room that you move to is about the same, but then you come to the third and last of the guest rooms.

All you can do is let out a low whistle of awe.

You had peeked in here earlier when you were futzing around with passing through walls, but all that had really registered at the time was that it wasn't a bathroom. Now that you have the chance to really look at it - and smell it, for that matter - you can see just what a gargantuan mess it is. Empty bottles of damn near every alcoholic beverage you can imagine are piled wall-to-wall at the back of the room, taking up almost a third of the available space, and permeating the room with the reek of booze. The furniture that you can still see - the edge of a desk poking out from beneath the pile of bottles leads you to believe there's quite a bit which you can't see - is overturned, and broken in various places. The whole room is sporting dents and scratches. It's like a tornado came through.

"It truly is... impressive, isn't it?" Ran asks.

"It certainly makes an impression, that's one way of putting it. What... how?" You have no idea what to say about this one. You're getting exhausted just looking at it.

"Miss Yukari has few friends, but the ones that she does have are all quite... interesting. This room is where one such friend stays when she visits, and I thank my lucky stars that she uses the same room each time; she has a remarkable propensity for drinking, as you can see, and a proclivity for physical activity. This latest mess is the result of her spending perhaps two nights with us, and I have been cleaning it up for at least twice that much time."

This much of a mess in two nights? No, it would have to have been bigger, since Ran cleaned it! That's...

"That's monstrous."

Ran laughs, but doesn't deny the claim, instead making her way into the room.

"It certainly is. Nothing would describe it better. Still, everyone has their good points, wouldn't you say? Even one Suika Ibuki."

***

[ ] That sounds a little suspect.

[ ] She's right. At the very least, someone who could cause this would be interesting.
>> No. 18698
[B] She's right. At the very least, someone who could cause this would be interesting.
>> No. 18700
[ø] She's right. At the very least, someone who could cause this would be interesting.

While helping Ran clean up the room,
[ø] "Say Ran, this Suika seems rather interesting, can you tell me more about her?"

SuikaAtMayohiga.jpg
>> No. 18701
[ ] She's right. At the very least, someone who could cause this would be interesting.
>> No. 18702
[x] She's right. At the very least, someone who could cause this would be interesting.
>> No. 18704
[x] She's right. At the very least, someone who could cause this would be interesting.
>> No. 18705
[X] She's right. At the very least, someone who could cause this would be interesting.

Yeah since I think that's worse than any mess Yukari'd make

But I hope the higher chance of interaction with the Hakurei shrine doesn't mess up people's targeting computers. (This isn't /Shrine/)

But it's quick how Rans' revealing some insight to things (not much at this point but I can imagine in the future she'd have a few things to say)
>> No. 18706
[X] She's right. At the very least, someone who could cause this would be interesting.
>> No. 18707
[ ] She's right. At the very least, someone who could cause this would be interesting.
>> No. 18708
[X] She's right. At the very least, someone who could cause this would be interesting.
>> No. 18709
[x] She's right. At the very least, someone who could cause this would be interesting.
>> No. 18710
[X] That sounds a little suspect.
>> No. 18711
[✗] She's right. At the very least, someone who could cause this would be interesting.
>> No. 18712
[x] She's right. At the very least, someone who could cause this would be interesting.

No need to rush updates, but I really enjoy this.
>> No. 18713
[X] "How much do you work on this one room each day?"
>> No. 18734
I ought to note that I'm writing, slowly but surely. My time is being taken up by visiting relatives, so it might take a day or two. I myself am starting to crash at the moment, and am in dire need of some sleep.

Just wanted to let you know that this has been called, and there is work going into it.
>> No. 18735
[X] She's right. At the very least, someone who could cause this would be interesting.
[X] "How much do you work on this one room each day?"
>> No. 18738
File 124980083051.jpg- (43.14KB , 192x256 , SWR Suika.jpg ) [iqdb]
18738
Am I the only one who thinks Suika's pose in her SWR portrait is sexy as hell?

[X] She's right. At the very least, someone who could cause this would be interesting.

***

"You're right," you admit with a smile. "At the very least, someone who could cause this would have to be interesting."

Ran chuckles to herself and begins to work at dislodging some of the bottles on the right side of the room. You on the other hand get to work on picking up some of the broken bits of furniture, feeling less than confident in your ability to pull anything from that bottle pile without destabilizing the whole thing.

"I'm glad to hear you feel that way," Ran remarks as she works on a particularly stubborn bottle of wine, "if you remain with us for long enough, you are quite likely to meet Miss Ibuki for yourself."

"I'll look forward to it, then," you reply with a grin.

"Nyahahahaha!"

You bolt upright in surprise as a sudden burst of artificial, boisterous, exaggerated, haughty laughter echoes through the room, coming from seemingly everywhere at once. Seeping in through every crack available to it, a thin mist floods the room, the laughter emanating from it in an eerie and surreal fashion that sends a cold chill creeping down your spine. The mist swirls about the room momentarily before it gathers and condenses into a twisting snake of thick fog, which, to your horror, coils swiftly around you. You sit stock-still as the foggy trail twists its way around you and up your body, turning a featureless face of swirling smoke to examine you like trapped pray.

A blur of horns and sharp teeth explodes outward from the smoke, and suddenly your vision is filled with a pair of blazing eyes.

"I've been waiting to meet you too!"

You let out a shout of fright, and fall on your behind before scrambling back across the floor until you're up against the wall. Even as you move, however, the fog drifts along As you scurry back, however, something changes; the disturbing echo of laughter fades into the genuine article, the twisting tendrils of mist converge, begin to solidify...

Right before your eyes, the mist metamorphosizes into... a girl, small and slim, and quite young by the look of her. Though a little childish in terms of appearance, she's pretty cute - the more fearsome aspects of the misty figure have resolved into much more pleasant sights, like warm brown eyes that sparkle with cheerfulness, a haphazard grin with teeth that aren't quite as intimidating... her horns are still a little off-putting, but the mass of long, slightly messy orange hair that they now poke through serves to dull the effect. Her clothing is odd, consisting of a ratty white shirt with missing sleeves that clings to her slight figure, a long purple skirt with white flame patterns along the hem, frilly wristbands on each arm, and, bizarrely, long chains that hand from metal cuffs over her wristbands, and connect to large geometrical shapes. Oh, and it looks like she has some proper little dress shoes as well. Really weird fashion sense.

Once every last trace of the mist has resolved into her form, the little girl winds up sitting on your lap. Cackling cheerfully at you, she rocks back in forth in your lap, rubbing pleasantly along - oh gods, you hope she didn't notice that stirring just now. She takes a break from her jovial laughter to lift a large purple gourd to her lips, and takes a truly impressive swig from the vessel, yanking it away from her lips when she's finished to wipe exaggeratedly at her mouth.

"Ah, that's refreshing! Refreshing! When you get scared you act all jumpy, when you get confused it shows all over your face! Your body's just honest about everything, isn't it?"

She flashes you a knowing grin, complete with a waggling of the eyebrows, and-- oh gods that's good, the way she moves in just such a way as to drag her crotch along yours, causing the fabric that separates you two to rub-- oh yeah, she definitely noticed your earlier twitches. She leans forward, and hooks her arms around your neck, hauling herself up and dragging her whole body along yours, and good heavens are you ever feeling conflicted because such an underdeveloped body shouldn't feel that amazing when it presses so, so closely to you. There's the smell of strong spirits washing over you as she pulls close, and there's a hot, wet breath on your ear as her voice comes in an oh-so-scintillating whisper.

"I like honest boys."

A tingle that has nothing to do with fear spreads through you as she bites lightly at your ear, and her tongue dances along--

"I see that you're the same as ever, Miss Suika."

The horned girl releases your ear from her mouth with a wet pop, and sits back up on your stomach, turning her head lazily to flash Ran another of her toothy grins.

"Haven't had a reason to change yet, Ran."

Wait.

"You're Suika Ibuki?" You ask incredulously.

"That's right," she smirks up at you, thumping a fist against her chest proudly, "foregathering dream, illusion, and pandemonium, Suika Ibuki! Am I everything you expected?"

"You've made things interesting, so yes," you concede. Understatement of the century; since she arrived you've gone from relaxed to frightened, to confused, to aroused, and back to confused. Now feeling drained, you slump back against the wall in exhaustion, and heave a sigh. "Well, Miss Ibuki, I'm--"

"I know who you are," Suika interrupts, "I know all about you. I've always been watching you, ever since you arrived. A poor little lost sheep who wandered away from home. At first you were calm, but now that you know just how far you've strayed, you're afraid and confused. You know where you are, but you don't know what to do with yourself?"

... for just a moment, it seems like the spark in her eyes disappears, and in it's place there's... sympathy? Pity? You don't know, but she gives your shoulder a comforting squeeze, and the strange look passes.

"Well, it may be hard, but you always have to figure out what you're doing! So, think about it a little; just what is it you want to do now?"

... now? At this point, you just want to finish cleaning out this room...

***

[ ] ... so that you can go sit down, have a nice, relaxing cup of tea, and maybe a nice talk, and just unwind after all this stress.

[ ] ... so that you can get back to your room and sleep off this newfound exhaustion.

[ ] Write-in.

Also,

- [ ] Suika should help clean up the mess. She created it.

- [ ] Suika should just stay out of the way. She might make it worse.

I should probably note at this point that, like Mima before her, Suika does not have a route in this story. She shares something else in common with Mima that will come into play later. Guess what it is.
>> No. 18739
[✗] ... so that you can go sit down, have a nice, relaxing cup of tea, and maybe a nice talk, and just unwind after all this stress.
[✗] Suika should help clean up the mess. She created it.
>> No. 18740
File 124980500081.jpg- (102.89KB , 411x296 , ni4k4b0h.jpg ) [iqdb]
18740
>That intro
>No Suika route
GOD DAMMIT

[X] ... so that you can go sit down, have a nice, relaxing cup of tea, and maybe a nice talk, and just unwind after all this stress.
>> No. 18741
[X] ... so that you can go sit down, have a nice, relaxing cup of tea, and maybe a nice talk, and just unwind after all this stress.

sipping tea is always the right option
>> No. 18742
[X] ... so that you can go sit down, have a nice, relaxing cup of tea, and maybe a nice talk, and just unwind after all this stress.
- [X] Suika should just stay out of the way. She might make it worse.
>> No. 18743
[x] ... so that you can go sit down, have a nice, relaxing cup of tea, and maybe a nice talk, and just unwind after all this stress.
[x] Suika should help clean up the mess. She created it.

Needs more Suika.
>> No. 18744
[X] ... so that you can go sit down, have a nice, relaxing cup of tea, and maybe a nice talk, and just unwind after all this stress.
[X] Suika should help clean up the mess. She created it.
>> No. 18745
>>18738

Yeah it's rather sexy indeed, the IaMP/SWR artist is good as many things (it seems he's not so good with drawing breasts; thus many girls seem flatter than they actual are)

As for the last bit... I think I get it... especially with the way Suika was acting towards Meiyou.

My votes

[ ] ... so that you can go sit down, have a nice, relaxing cup of tea, and maybe a nice talk, and just unwind after all this stress.

If Yukari's chest was available as a pillow I'd say sleep.

[x] Suika should help clean up the mess. She created it.

She can turn into a 100 mini Suika army, always good for cleaning.

and as far as targeting goes, If I can't have a Komachi route, I must go for a Ran route. But a bit of action on the side never hurts.

Also I end this post with this mental image: Ran wearing nothing BUT Waffles and Syrup.
>> No. 18746
[X] ... so that you can go sit down, have a nice, relaxing cup of tea, and maybe a nice talk, and just unwind after all this stress.
[X] Suika should help clean up the mess. She created it.

>I should probably note at this point that, like Mima before her, Suika does not have a route in this story. She shares something else in common with Mima that will come into play later. Guess what it is.
Am I the only one who isn't too happy about this? Particulary, getting Suika's H-scene being EASY MODO.
>> No. 18747
>>18746

Who to say it would be that easy, since in the first run, Haku did a few actions that ended up raising Mima's interest (Particularly pwning everyone's favorite (very) busty slacker reaper at a certain game that it arouses her)

My only complain about R1 was this: No Komachi H-scene. (This could be a side story material based on this or the first run, like the Youmu or Siki ones)

Though I suspect Suika must be in need of male contact (I doubt most would try considering her build and the fact she could easily toss them to the other side of Gensokyo with ease)
>> No. 18748
>>18747
Screw that, full-on Komachi route.
>> No. 18749
>>18748

As much as I'd like it, I suspect it's really hard to do considering our starting point, and the Ran fans will not make it easy. So I decided to settle on the Ran route.
>> No. 18750
>>18749

but this is Yukari route.
>> No. 18751
>>18750

That's a weird way to say Ran route.
>> No. 18752
>>18750
I agree with you 100%.
Yukari over Ran anyday.
>> No. 18754
>>18751

Even more weird is someone thinking he meant Ran when he clearly stated that it's Yukari route.
>> No. 18755
[O] ... so that you can go sit down, have a nice, relaxing cup of tea, and maybe a nice talk, and just unwind after all this stress.
[O] Suika should help clean up the mess. She created it.
>> No. 18756
[ ] ... so that you can get back to your room and sleep off this newfound exhaustion.
- [ ] Suika should help clean up the mess. She created it.

Sleep is always good. You won't recover fully without it.
>> No. 18757
>>18756

First we must find a suitable bosom or butt to use as a pillow.

>>18754

But we're talking with Ran at the moment, thus gaining points with her. And Ran would be a change of pace after Yuyuko, not as much as Komachi, but oh well.
>> No. 18758
Komachi would be nice, I guess, but goddammit, I want Ran way the hell more.

And let's be honest: Yukari would have been fine if we'd started out with her the first time around, but we had Yuyuko instead, who turned out great. Yukari just feels like more of the same.

Plus, how can you pass up an opportunity to get some TAIL FEEL SO GOOD?
Unless you're a faggot. Then it all makes much more sense as to how one could be uninterested in a wonderful, hardworking, delicious woman such as Ran.

>>18749
I appreciate your cooperative attitude greatly, and will in fact happily support a Komachi route next time through, if the Lily Black crowd doesn't come up with something good.
>> No. 18759
[x] ... so that you can go sit down, have a nice, relaxing cup of tea, and maybe a nice talk, and just unwind after all this stress.
[x] Suika should help clean up the mess. She created it.
>> No. 18760
>>18758

Yeah Yukari doesn't change the pace as much as Ran.

Ran's traits
-If common fanon is to be believed, a rack that's only rivaled by Eirin and Komachi.
-TAIL FEELS SO GOOD x9
-Chen as little sister figure.
-In contrast to the mischief sisters, She's quite earnest and most likely inexperienced in man-related things in a moe fashion. In other words, she won't pull a prank on you.
-Waffles, and all the ways they could be used.
-Perhaps one of Gensokyo's most sensible folks.

Yukari also has a big disadvantage: It's hard to progress when she's asleep 60+% of the time.
>> No. 18769
>how can you pass up an opportunity to get some TAIL FEEL SO GOOD?
By not being a furry faggot? Anyways, as was said before, this is a Yukari route, deal with it ranfags.
>> No. 18770
>>18769

Enjoy your "Weekend at Bernie's" route 60% of the time!
>> No. 18771
>>18760>>18770
>lol yukari sleeps
Which gives us time to do other things. I don't remember spending all our time with Yuyuko in the first run. And what about Ran, you going to help her do all her chores every day? Enjoy your dusting route.
>> No. 18772
>>18771

I would think she does a lot more than simply that. Aside from simply cleaning the home which shouldn't take more than a day, what else would need to be done the during a week? I can't think of anything else which leads me to believe she's essentially "very flexible" for Patchwork to write in regards to her daily life; just spiced with anon.

Yukari route has the possibility to be just as good as a Ran/Komachi/Siki/Prismriver(groupieanon anybody?) as had the Yuyuko route been; Just that most readers, in my views at least, feel that Patchwork's Yukari will be very similar in fashion to Yuyuko, perhaps more reserved (that even possible?!) than her.

Besides Patchwork may actually do all routes so long as there are those that read as well as his will to write them stay strong.
>> No. 18776
Hey Patchwork, can we have a Yukari/Ran combined route, I don't think anon can decide between the two at this rate.
>> No. 18778
>>18771

It's not so much what to do during the day, but how the home only time is affected (Progressing with Yukari is hard if she spends 90% of the "settling in for the end of the day" time asleep)

>>18772

Well Yukari in the first run has shown herself to be unpredictable with cute moments of childishness, and not as uninhibited as Yuyuko (Patchwork did say in the post game if Haku decided to jump into Yuyuko and Yukari's heavy make out session, that Yuyuko would be very amused, and Yukari mortally embarrassed to the point she might not want to hang around Haku anymore.)

Also look at what happened in the story so far, Yukari is only awake to eat breakfast and answer some questions and it's back to bed.

But the fact remains they both have a similar mischievous personality at heart, thus Yukari wouldn't work too well as a change of pace.

Ran in contrast would be a stark change of pace due to her hard working, earnest yet caring nature. And being Yukari's main assistant, chances are her activities take her all over Gensokyo, thus lots of interesting activities.

>>18776

That or Yukari/Ran, and some Yuyuko (The first two would get the bulk of the story development, while Yuyuko's more as a sexy extra), since I suspect the moral fags will ruin any chances of threesome endings or such.

And I'll end this with one last thing: WAFFLES FOR THE WAFFLE FOX GODDESS!

(I do believe it was another CYOA with Yukari in a nice role if not HLA R1 where Ran's blueberry waffles are implied to be very good)
>> No. 18779
>>18760
>If common fanon is to be believed, a rack that's only rivaled by Eirin and Komachi.

If common fanon (and cannon) is to be believed, Yukari can have a rack bigger than Eirin and Komachi. Heck, she can even have the flattest chest if she wants to, or even a big breast and a flat breast at the same time!
>TAIL FEELS SO GOOD x9

YUKARI (x9) FEELS SO GOOD
>Chen as little sister figure.

And how, exactly, is this not possible in Yukari route?
>In contrast to the mischief sisters, She's quite earnest and most likely inexperienced in man-related things in a moe fashion. In other words, she won't pull a prank on you.
>likely inexperienced in man-related things

...less than Chen? Ahem, don't forget there are various types of moe.

>Waffles, and all the ways they could be used.

Enlightmen me, please.
>Perhaps one of Gensokyo's most sensible folks.

You say this as if Yukari couldn't serious the fuck up. If shit happens, she will react accordingly. And Ran doesn't know how to have fun in Gensokyo.
>> No. 18780
Hey Patchwork, when are you going to drop this and write that good story instead?
>> No. 18783
>>18779

A) Border hax doesn't count; talking about default (which in this case Yukari is just regular busty)

B) Yukari cannot clone herself. Now if this involed Suika that'd be a decent counter point

C) Yukari's ties with Chen are not as stong as Ran's ties. She's more the aunt that gets Chen troublesome presents.

D) with Chen it's only natural, not so much for a 900 year old tenko.

E) Ran wearing only waffles and syrup, nuff said.

F) I didn't say Yukari can't be serious, but she is not sensible by our standards. That and Ran's shown in a no-nonsense manner just due to the fact she has alot of work to do giving how lazy Yukari is.

And it's been said that Yukari is the most Youkai-acting of youkai (i.e. futhest away from human sensibilities)
>> No. 18784
File 124995019817.jpg- (370.47KB , 600x600 , Suika Powers Activate!.jpg ) [iqdb]
18784
>>18776

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but only the Prismriver sisters have a "harem" ending, and it's not necessarily guaranteed even in their case. Conflicts are bound to happen, I suppose... it probably won't help that the Ran and Yukari routes both involve a fair amount of interaction with both parties. On the other hand, I guess that could be considered a consolation prize.

[X] ... so that you can go sit down, have a nice, relaxing cup of tea, and maybe a nice talk, and just unwind after all this stress.
[X] Suika should help clean up the mess. She created it.

***

"All I want to do right now is get this room cleaned out, and go sit down for a nice cup of tea. I need to unwind." A headache is coming on once again, and a quick massage of your temple is needed to combat it. "It would be nice if you helped clean up this mess, by the way. You're responsible for creating it apparently, I'm not sure I could handle it even if I were at my best, and Ran has been working on it for days."

Suika blinks at you a few times, looking rather puzzled for a few moments. Then she just laughs cheerfully again, and takes another draw from her gourd.

"You can be really blunt, can't you? I like it! Reminds me of Reimu: nice and honest!"

Glancing over the stack of bottles amusedly, Suika snaps her fingers and holds out her hand. A low rumble fills the room, and the bottles... begin to disintegrate? Ran takes a surprised step back as all at once the whole mess just sort of dissolves into shining, glassy streams of glittering, colored sand, which flow through the air in winding trails, and gather above Suika's outstretched palm in a small. The streams come together at a single point, forming a spinning orb that never seems to grow in size, no matter how much pours into it. Every last bit of the mess flows into the ball, until at last all that is left is a single marble of brilliant swirled colors that sparkle in the light. Suika grins at you, tossing the marble from one hand to the other a few times before holding it out to you.

"Catch."

She drops the marble into your waiting hand-- which comes crashing painfully into your stomach with enough force that it knocks the wind out of you, and may well have dented the floor! Good gods, that thing is heavy! As you gasp and wheeze for breath, Suika laughs, and you shoot her a glare.

"What are you laughing at? This thing is heavy!"

"So? It's not like you've got any muscles to strain with it!"

"Hey!"

"I'm being serious!" She leans in and pokes your chest. "You're a ghost. You literally don't have muscles to strain with this."

... never thought of that. The moment that you do, however, the marble becomes surprisingly easy to lift. You give the marble a hard look, then give Suika an exhausted one. This is just getting weirder and weirder.

"Look at that face!" Suika snickers, prodding your cheek. "You are just too much! You really need that tea, don't you? Hey, Ran," she turns and calls over to the fox woman, "why don't you get started on that? I'll take care of the rest here."

As she says that, she pulls a few strands of her hair loose and blows on them, sending them scattering across the room. In mid-flight, each floating lock mists over and... transforms into a miniature Suika? Wha...?

Yeah, you... you could really use that tea.

---

"Thanks, Ran."

"It's no trouble. The tea is quite hot, so be careful."

She gives you a warm smile as you take the cup of tea being offered, careful not to spill any. You reciprocate the smile before turning back to Suika, who's already busy pouring something pungent into her tea from a flask she kept hidden. As the horned girl tinkers with her drink, you resume your conversation.

"So, you can manipulate density?"

Suika nods, stirring her tea with her finger.

"That's right."

"If you could do that, why did you wait until now to clean up your mess?"

"Ran never asked for help," Suika replies with a sigh and a shrug. While that response sounds a little flippant to your ears, she adopts a surprisingly serious and concerned expression before addressing Ran directly. "I've told you before Ran, if you really want help with something, you should come out and say it."

"My job is for me, and no one else, Miss Suika." Ran sips calmly at her tea, looking rather unfazed. Suika gives her a sour look.

"You say that, but you and I both know..." Suika glances over at you momentarily, then shakes her head and trails off with a sigh. "We'll talk about it some other time."

"Anyway," turning her attention back to you, Suika cheers up considerably, "now you know about my abilities, but how about your own? Figured out what you can do yet?"

"I can walk through walls, and apparently I'm not constrained by muscles. That's about all I'm aware of at this point."

You're really getting used to the sound of Suika's laughter at this point. At least it's almost always jovial, and only sometimes disrespectful.

"That's really no good, you know? You're a ghost now, a monster like the rest of us! You need to shape up and start acting more monstrous." With a grin, she turns back to Ran. "Hey, Ran, what do you say we take him out and teach him what it means to be a youkai? It'll be just like old times!"

"I'm afraid not, Miss Suika. I would rather enjoy my peace while I have it."

"Boo!" Suika pouts. "You're such a stick in the mud these days, Ran. You should get out and live a little." A sly smile spreads across the horned girl's face. "I'll bet your little kitty would enjoy this one, wouldn't she? She ought to know all about how the dead should behave!"

Ran's brow twitches, and Suika's smile spreads into a full grin.

"How about it?" She asks, turning to you. "We'll find that kitty, and me and her will take you around Mayohiga and teach you all about the stuff you can do! Sounds good, right?"

***

[ ] No thanks, you'd rather sit here and enjoy the peace.
- [ ] Talking with Ran a little is all you need to enjoy yourself for right now. (Specify something to talk about.)

[ ] Sure, why not? Might as well figure yourself out.
- [ ] Wake up Chen and have her tag along. She did something weird to you before, so maybe she does know more about ghosts.
- [ ] Don't wake Chen. She's probably pretty tired. Besides, she did something weird to you before, and you don't want her to get cranky and do it again.
>> No. 18786
There is one thing you all forgot to mention.

Tenko, of the super variety.
>> No. 18787
[d] No thanks, you'd rather sit here and enjoy the peace.
- [a] Talking with Ran a little is all you need to enjoy yourself for right now.
-- (~) Ask more about Gensokyo: The layout, the people to watch out for, the okay people, local hazards, local tourist spots, and all that other stuff.
-- (z) What happened to this village? It looks pretty deserted.
-- (e) Hey, if everyone here is some kind of monster or youkai or something, what are you?
>> No. 18788
>>18784
>Suika does not have a route in this story. She shares something else in common with Mima that will come into play later. Guess what it is.
FUCK YEA

>Ghost ability tutorial
Jerk

[X] Sure, why not? Might as well figure yourself out.
- [X] Wake up Chen and have her tag along. She did something weird to you before, so maybe she does know more about ghosts.

To hell with route faggotry, I want to play with the horny little girl and Ran's cute pussy.
>> No. 18789
[x] Sure, why not? Might as well figure yourself out.
[x] Don't wake Chen. She's probably pretty tired. Besides, she did something weird to you before, and you don't want her to get cranky and do it again.

PARTY WITH SUIKA.

Ranfags, she'll still be around and Patch confirmed Suika is just for fun.
>> No. 18790
[x] Sure, why not? Might as well figure yourself out.
-[x] Don't wake Chen. She's probably pretty tired. Besides, she did something weird to you before, and you don't want her to get cranky and do it again.
>> No. 18791
[x] Sure, why not? Might as well figure yourself out.
[x] Don't wake Chen. She's probably pretty tired. Besides, she did something weird to you before, and you don't want her to get cranky and do it again.

To Suika during the outing:
[X] What happened to this village? It looks pretty deserted.

Anon needs to get out for now and get his bearings as a ghost. Plus a different perspective on the state of Mayohiga wouldn't hurt would it..?
>> No. 18792
[x] No thanks, you'd rather sit here and enjoy the peace.
- [x] Talking with Ran a little is all you need to enjoy yourself for right now.
-- (x) Ask more about Gensokyo: The layout, the people to watch out for, the okay people, local hazards, local tourist spots, and all that other stuff.
-- (x) What happened to this village? It looks pretty deserted.
-- (x) Hey, if everyone here is some kind of monster or youkai or something, what are you?
>> No. 18793
[x] Sure, why not? Might as well figure yourself out.
[x] Don't wake Chen. She's probably pretty tired. Besides, she did something weird to you before, and you don't want her to get cranky and do it again.
>> No. 18794
[x] No thanks, you'd rather sit here and enjoy the peace. But promise to make it up tomorrow or another day.
- [x] Talking with Ran a little is all you need to enjoy yourself for right now.
-- (x) Ask more about Gensokyo: The layout, the people to watch out for, the okay people, local hazards, local tourist spots, and all that other stuff.
-- (x) What happened to this village? It looks pretty deserted.
-- (x) Hey, if everyone here is some kind of monster or youkai or something, what are you?

I think first getting to know Gensokyo before going out in it is a wise idea, and Ran's the best one to inform us. That and it's still Meiyou's first day as a ghost, Antics with Suika are best done after a nice rest.
>> No. 18795
[X] No thanks, you'd rather sit here and enjoy the peace. But promise to make it up tomorrow or another day.
- [X] Talking with Ran a little is all you need to enjoy yourself for right now.
-- (X) Ask more about Gensokyo: The layout, the people to watch out for, the okay people, local hazards, local tourist spots, and all that other stuff.
-- (X) What happened to this village? It looks pretty deserted.
-- (X) Hey, if everyone here is some kind of monster or youkai or something, what are you?
>> No. 18796
[x] No thanks, you'd rather sit here and enjoy the peace. But promise to make it up tomorrow or another day.
- [x] Talking with Ran a little is all you need to enjoy yourself for right now.
-- (x) Ask more about Gensokyo: The layout, the people to watch out for, the okay people, local hazards, local tourist spots, and all that other stuff.
-- (x) What happened to this village? It looks pretty deserted.
-- (x) Hey, if everyone here is some kind of monster or youkai or something, what are you?
>> No. 18797
▶ No thanks, you'd rather sit here and enjoy the peace. But promise to make it up tomorrow or another day.
- ▶ Talking with Ran a little is all you need to enjoy yourself for right now.
-- ▷ Ask more about Gensokyo: The layout, the people to watch out for, the okay people, local hazards, local tourist spots, and all that other stuff.
-- ▷ What happened to this village? It looks pretty deserted.
-- ▷ Hey, if everyone here is some kind of monster or youkai or something, what are you?
>> No. 18799
[X] Sure, why not? Might as well figure yourself out.
- [X] Wake up Chen and have her tag along. She did something weird to you before, so maybe she does know more about ghosts.
>> No. 18800
[X] Sure, why not? Might as well figure yourself out.
=[X] Wake up Chen and have her tag along. She did something weird to you before, so maybe she does know more about ghosts.
>> No. 18802
[X] Sure, why not? Might as well figure yourself out.
- [X] Wake up Chen and have her tag along. She did something weird to you before, so maybe she does know more about ghosts.
>> No. 18803
[O] No thanks, you'd rather sit here and enjoy the peace. But promise to make it up tomorrow or another day.
- [O] Talking with Ran a little is all you need to enjoy yourself for right now.
-- (O) Ask more about Gensokyo: The layout, the people to watch out for, the okay people, local hazards, local tourist spots, and all that other stuff.
-- (O) What happened to this village? It looks pretty deserted.
-- (O) Hey, if everyone here is some kind of monster or youkai or something, what are you?
>> No. 18806
>>18783
>B) Yukari cannot clone herself. Now if this involved Suika that'd be a decent counter point

"Can I clone myself? Y/N"
>> No. 18808
Hmm.
Okay, count my vote at >>18787 to have "But promise to make it up tomorrow or another day." added onto the first line.
>> No. 18809
[X] Sure, why not? Might as well figure yourself out.
- [X] Wake up Chen and have her tag along. She did something weird to you before, so maybe she does know more about ghosts.
Bloody ranfags, why don't you go cut yourselves like the emo furry fags you are.
>> No. 18810
[x] No thanks, you'd rather sit here and enjoy the peace. But promise to make it up tomorrow or another day.
- [x] Talking with Ran a little is all you need to enjoy yourself for right now.
-- (x) Ask more about Gensokyo: The layout, the people to watch out for, the okay people, local hazards, local tourist spots, and all that other stuff.
-- (x) What happened to this village? It looks pretty deserted.
-- (x) Hey, if everyone here is some kind of monster or youkai or something, what are you?
>> No. 18811
[X] Sure, why not? Might as well figure yourself out.
- [X] Wake up Chen and have her tag along. She did something weird to you before, so maybe she does know more about ghosts.
>> No. 18812
[X] Sure, why not? Might as well figure yourself out.
- [X] Wake up Chen and have her tag along. She did something weird to you before, so maybe she does know more about ghosts.

self-knowledge
>> No. 18813
[x] No thanks, you'd rather sit here and enjoy the peace.
- [x] Talking with Ran a little is all you need to enjoy yourself for right now.
-- (X) Ask more about Gensokyo: The layout, the people to watch out for, the okay people, local hazards, local tourist spots, and all that other stuff.
-- (X) What happened to this village? It looks pretty deserted.
-- (X) Hey, if everyone here is some kind of monster or youkai or something, what are you?

Yep, this is fine with me.
>> No. 18814
>>18812

Only a fool charges in blindly into a place like Gensokyo, that and having a cranky Chen along will not help things any. Nor the fact that chances are Suika's antics will wear Meiyou out and not in a sexy way.
>> No. 18815
>>18814

Chen and Suika gangbang..?

Not sure if want...
>> No. 18816
>>18815

I said that due to dealing with Suika can be tiring, and Meiyou has yet to fully realize his ghostly stamina yet.

And he should use this time to learn about Gensokyo, so he doesn't end up angering the wrong person (especially Reimu since she can exorcise him)

Then tomorrow he can go on zany misadventures with Suika and Chen if she isn't asleep.

on the hidden manner, god no, Chen is DO NOT TOUCH.
>> No. 18818
>>18816

Oh I know Chen's in the DONOTTOUCH territory, I'm just simplifying your thoughts and unfortunately the extra meaning behind GB only made it worse.

Besides I can see them perhaps just frustrating anon in the most painful of ways...

>loldoublemeaning... I got to quit doing that...
>> No. 18819
>>18818
Why is Chen in DO NOT TOUCH territory?
>> No. 18820
>>18819

Aside from Ran committing acts of 'RIP AND TEAR' on any body even THINKING of that, she's the precocious/bratty/sisterly/lil-buddy ect that... you just don't see Chen messing around as Yuyuko, Yukari or Lunasa have (in Patchworks' writing at least).

Then again upon further research on the nekomata... well... Let's just leave every thing to Patchwork to guide the story along.

idk anything anymore after reading the page
>> No. 18821
[x] No thanks, you'd rather sit here and enjoy the peace.
- [x] Talking with Ran a little is all you need to enjoy yourself for right now.
-- (x) Ask more about Gensokyo: The layout, the people to watch out for, the okay people, local hazards, local tourist spots, and all that other stuff.
-- (x) What happened to this village? It looks pretty deserted.
-- (x) Hey, if everyone here is some kind of monster or youkai or something, what are you?

Want my Tenko route~
>> No. 18822
>>18819

Same reason there's no flandre routes: She's seen in a purely sistery manner and such, and lacks any signs of seductiveness that Remilia might muster up. That and Chen's easily more childish than even Flandre.

That being on a receiving end of a painful ranpage.

>>18820

Well Touhou versions of creatures aren't always like the real life mythical versions. (I doubt Oni are as cute as Suika or attractive as Yuugi)

I doubt Patchwork will go there. (More so since this seems to be more motherly Ran than lolicon Ran)
>> No. 18823
>>18819
Obvious troll is obvious
>> No. 18824
[x] Sure, why not? Might as well figure yourself out.
[x] Don't wake Chen. She's probably pretty tired. Besides, she did something weird to you before, and you don't want her to get cranky and do it again.
>> No. 18825
>>18823
And jerky person is jerky.

No, seriously, I want to know because no one left a memo at my desk and whenever I ask about a character who is defined to be "out of bounds" everyone just stares at their feet if they give my question any mind at all.
>> No. 18826
>>18825
>>18822 has your answer, and this should be fairly self-evident, but I'll summarize for you: delicious flat chest is excellent, but only when it's attached to someone capable of giving consent without creepy coercion overtones.
>> No. 18827
File 125012986574.jpg- (234.00KB , 500x706 , fb87fe92369b886cb7158226f38ed364e1253959.jpg ) [iqdb]
18827
>>18825
Some anons are terrified of being called pedos, so they freak out if someone suggests going for a younger looking character like Chen or Flandre.
>> No. 18828
File 125013569511.jpg- (93.90KB , 900x800 , 1243037046326.jpg ) [iqdb]
18828
>>18827
Something like that, yeah. I mean, there are Anon that become thoroughly flustered with the mere notion of sex with a Touhou. Why such Anon participate in stories where it is clear that casual sex is both common place and acceptable is a matter I've long since resigned to being an indecipherable aspect of human behavior. I reckon relations with a character like Chen, Flandre, or someone from the 9 squad would send some such folk into a right proper tizzy. Personally speaking, I certainly can't agree with such a state of tizziness, but I can definitely understand where it may come from.

For the sake of not needlessly drawing a fine story into the eternal shitstorm of "take a seat over there" vs. "delicious cake," it's probably in everyone's best interest to keep the lolicon tendencies to a minimum...

...unless the writefag says it's fair game.

Although, when someone finally decides to tackle the intricacies of a relationship with a mytholocical creature centuries older than the protagonist who is still considered juvenile, I'm going to be immensely interested to see how that turns out.

Sage for obvious reasons~
>> No. 18831
>>18828

The thing is some characters are childish in mind and body and in a story such a thing has creepy connotations. Remilia, Tewi, or even Suwako (depending on how she's protrayed) is fine though since they're not so childish mentally.

So is Suika (she might be childish at times, but at others she does show that she's as insightful as her true age suggests)

I have no problems with casual sex, since I kinda figure in Gensokyo, a guy gutsy enough to hang around notable Touhou characters is rather rare. That and morality in Gensokyo is in shades of grey.
>> No. 18833
File 125016410216.jpg- (247.84KB , 840x760 , a561f05e403120747390be541aa38520.jpg ) [iqdb]
18833
>>18827
Or hey, crazy idea here: maybe it's that we are not attracted to characters portrayed as children and have no interest in pursuing a romantic relationship with them. I could settle for Ran, but if we go for Chen I'm dropping the hell out of this story. No thanks.
>> No. 18834
File 125017065238.jpg- (212.74KB , 395x720 , 840097.jpg ) [iqdb]
18834
Chen route or bust!
>> No. 18835
>>18833

I'd say it depends on the author's view on the story.

Teenage Chen is alright, child Chen is not.

Ran is still my #1 priority though.
>> No. 18836
So... the vote called or what..?
>> No. 18837
>>18836

Oh, uh, yes, yes it is. The Scarlet Weather Rhapsody English patch came out, so I've been... yeah.

Uh, update later today some time.
>> No. 18838
>>18837

really?

God damn it can't download the patch from here!
>> No. 18839
>>18838

http://www.gensokyo.org/archives/961#more-961

Quick and easy.

I have to wonder how long the patch will be viable, given that Hisoutensoku is coming out... what, in two or three days?
>> No. 18840
>>18839

I meant that I'm currently away from home so yeah, not able to download from here, so to speak.

As for the latest release item, I probably won't be touching it till either A) I make a seperate folder of the game untouched or B) Just wait till its cleared up/compatible.

Saging for not really contributing to the cyoa.
Also thanks for the link anyways~!
>> No. 18844
>>18837

WTF is wrong with /th/? Why isn't there a thread about it?
>> No. 18845
>>18828

And the most curious thing is that such people so afraid of Chen route are probably the ones with the largest Chen folder in their Hentai folder.
>> No. 18846
>>18844

There is now; figured it should be known to everyone (I know how some information can slip by you other wise)

>>18845

Do not know about that, but I'm against a Chen romanatic route and I do not go about looking up Chen hentai (I'd be lying if I said I didn't do so of Suika, Remi, or Tewi)

But that's just me.
>> No. 18849
File 125022026693.jpg- (74.15KB , 504x700 , bb614657394b5d5a989887df2e401175.jpg ) [iqdb]
18849
>>18846
>Suika, Remi, or Tewi
All of whom are occasionally portrayed as being more...adult-like. Chen is probably the most childish touhou on average in fan works, except maybe Rumia.
>> No. 18851
>>18849

Yeah; those three are the least childish of the Touhou lolis (That and Tewi might be in small territory bust wise); then again they're also the oldest of the lolibods (Remi's 500, Suika's about 600 at least I think, and Tewi, she's been around around as much as Yukari and Eirin has)

and often Chen and Rumia are the most childish.
>> No. 18852
>>18851
don't forget Suwako, who canonically has offspring.
>> No. 18853
>>18852

Yeah and some stories protray her as more adult than her appearance suggests. Heck in HLA R1 Suwako refers to a 9th wedding and an orgy.

Though that's more on how the person percieves her. It's ultimately that or a more innocent cute personality.
>> No. 18854
>>18853
>Yeah and some stories protray her as more adult than her appearance suggests
>some

Don't you mean all?

And I still think this "do not touch" policy is bullshit.
>> No. 18855
>>18854

I don't believe it's actually enforced, just more or less the accepted terms by the readers and possibly the writers. Unless the writers some how do it where it doesn't ruin their place here; like HY's habit of leaving his cyoas and the infamous "snow end" incident which haunts (probably unfairly) a particular writer...
>> No. 18856
>>18854

I am not so arrogant to presume I've read all stories since there's many abandoned tales I haven't read that might say otherwise.

The do not touch policy is in effect is because even of many touhou fans are lolicons, we have some kind of moral standard. (That and there's plenty of not so innocent lolis in touhou to fantasize about, such as Remilia)
>> No. 18857
>>18856

About Suwako it's a given that she is more mature in any/all stories simply because she is the only canon confirmed touhou to have had sex AND offspring. So you don't need to read every story.

>The do not touch policy is in effect is because even of many touhou fans are lolicons, we have some kind of moral standard

That's...incredibly stupid of them.
>> No. 18858
>>18857

First I didn't mean for it to sound like an official rule, just something most writers and voters won't go into.

Second on a further note, it might be one thing to look at racy pictures on the next, but it's another reading a story about it, where it most likely comes off as creepy, considering the mental maturity of some of the girls.
>> No. 18859
>>18858
>First I didn't mean for it to sound like an official rule, just something most writers and voters won't go into.

I know. That's why it's incredibly stupid.
>Second on a further note, it might be one thing to look at racy pictures on the next, but it's another reading a story about it, where it most likely comes off as creepy, considering the mental maturity of some of the girls.

It's like no one ever read a doujin! Really, what is creepy about it? You guys take things too far; this is just fanfiction, not a CP video, geez. Because of that we will never have a Cirno route, even though she is probably on the top list of many Anons.

Chen is hundreads of years old, she ought to know something; 10 bucks she knows what masturbation is and how to do it.
>> No. 18860
File 125030026040.png- (262.90KB , 563x535 , Napping Chen.png ) [iqdb]
18860
[X] Sure, why not? Might as well figure yourself out.
- [X] Wake up Chen and have her tag along. She did something weird to you before, so maybe she does know more about ghosts.

***

"I guess it does," you admit with a tired smile. "I need to figure myself out at some point, don't I?"

"That's right, that's right," Suika cheers, giving you playful sock to the shoulder that damn near knocks you over. "I'd have said it with a little more spirit, but you've got the right idea! Let's find that kitty and get this show on the road!"

Without waiting for you to recover from her blow, she seizes your wrist and leaps to her feet, yanking you into a stumble before flooring you as you fail to keep up with her movements as she zooms out of the room. You manage to catch one last look at Ran as you're dragged away, and while she still looks mildly perturbed, she does offer a sympathetic look and a little wave to you before you're pulled around the corner and out of sight. You struggle to get back on your feet, but by the time you start to match Suika's pace, the two of you are out of the house, and she screeches to a halt, causing you to whip by her and jerk back painfully.

As Suika taps her foot and takes a quick glance around the area, you rub at your sore shoulder. At least by now you can be sure you're not immune to pain...

"Ah! Found her," Suika exclaims suddenly, though she turns to you before you can figure out where she was looking. A sly smile spreads across her face, and she suddenly tightens her grip on your wrist. "Alright kid, since I'd have to go up to get her anyway, why don't we try something basic and see how well you do?"

A feeling of dread builds in the pit of your stomach as she hops into the air, eyes turned skyward and away from you.

"Every ghost should be able to fly!"

Your stomach lurches as the world suddenly starts to flip, the ground and sky rapidly exchanging places in a whirl of blurred blues and browns. As your sight grows ever more strained, nearly giving out entirely as the whirling gets more intense, it occurs to you that Suika must be winding up with you in hand. If she's winding up, that means that she's probably going to--

Gather Sign 「Throwing Atlas」

The spinning stops abruptly, and you nearly vomit at the sheer sense of speed that overtakes you. Bright blue explodes into the whole of your vision, nearly blinding you in your inability to avert your eyes, and distant flecks of white grow closer with horrific rapidity. At some point you succeed at clamping your eyes shut through a supreme act of willpower, and just ride out the feeling of plunging upward.

It's hard to tell when exactly you stop rising, especially with your eyes closed, but eventually the sensation of wind whisking by comes to an end. You relax a little and risk taking a peek at your surroundings. Yeah, you stopped rising all right. The clouds look a lot nicer when they're drifting slowly overhead rather than rocketing toward you.

It occurs to you that you should probably be falling right about now.

Once you have the thought, of course, reality is happy to oblige. Gravity suddenly exerts its power over you once more, and you begin to slip downward. Flailing your limbs a little out of habit, you try and fight back against the pull. Just because you should be falling doesn't mean you want to!

Miraculously, your struggling seems to have some effect. The slow beginnings of a fall turns into a series of stilted bursts of downward momentum that rapidly drops off, leaving you floating awkwardly in the air. You're not sure how this works, exactly, but you've kind of got a feel for it, if that makes any sense; it seems to come naturally, like your earlier slipping through walls did.

As you spin ever so slowly in place, a trail of mist rises up to meet you, parking itself besides you. Suika materializes, reclining on her little cloud of mist as though it were some sort of chair, and raises her gourd in the air to wave at you.

"Looks like you got it! Knew you could do it!"

"I'm glad someone did," you reply dryly. Suika just laughs and takes a draw from her gourd.

"Since you've got that down pat, let's go down and collect that kitty."

As she starts drifting back down to the ground, you try to follow, and... just sort of tumble in that general direction at a wildly fluxing speed. Pulling to a halt, you hold still for a moment to try and steady yourself, and Suika floats back up toward you.

"Haven't got your sky legs yet?"

She looks rather amused by your predicament, but helpfully grabs hold of you and pulls you down onto the little fog platform she's riding, which expands accommodatingly. It's a little weird sitting on what amounts to a cloud, but it's surprisingly comfy. The misty perch carries the two of you down at a nice, easy pace, and once you start closing in on Mayohiga again, it puffs on over to the roof of one of the buildings, where you spot Chen curled up and napping in the sun. She must have come up here while you were cleaning earlier.

"Oi, kitty!"

The cloud pulls up just over Chen, and Suika leans down to rap the poor girl on the back of the head. It doesn't seem to bother Chen much, though, and the cat-girl just gets up with a full-body stretch and a yawn, turning to Suika with bleary eyes.

"... 'm sleepy."

"Up and at 'em, kitty. I need your help teaching this guy how to be a proper ghost!"

Chen just keeps staring at Suika, then turns away and curls up again.

"I'm sleepy," she repeats, sounding mildly annoyed. She doesn't seem to be very interested in this.

***

[ ] Ah, if she's not interested, then forget her.

[ ] Try and convince her to help. (Specify how)
>> No. 18861
Ugh. This took forever to write. I kept writing and rewriting this until I got sick of it.

Anyway, I feel I should note at this point that there is a Chen route available if anyone wants to pursue it. Included is the opportunity stain her with your jizz if you so desire, just like any other route. So you can all stop arguing about it.
>> No. 18862
[X] Ah, if she's not interested, then forget her.
[X] Make a mental note to ask Ran about Gensokyo; if it's not too late.

Cats are very cranky when they don't get to sleep when they want. More so for Chen who could make us do something painful.

I added the second thing because it's something that should be done sometime in the nearest future after Suika's antics.

Also I realize a perk of just you and her... wink wink nudge nudge.
>> No. 18863
>>18861

Is that so? /Rumia

But seriously, I guess I can hope that Chen in this isn't so child-like that the whole thing doesn't come off as creepy.
>> No. 18864
[X] Ah, if she's not interested, then forget her.
>> No. 18866
[X] Ah, if she's not interested, then forget her.
>> No. 18867
[X] Ah, if she's not interested, then forget her.
[X] Make a mental note to ask Ran about Gensokyo; if it's not too late.
>> No. 18868
[X] Ah, if she's not interested, then forget her.
[X] Make a mental note to ask Ran about Gensokyo; if it's not too late.
>> No. 18869
[X] Ah, if she's not interested, then forget her.
[X] Make a mental note to ask Ran about Gensokyo; if it's not too late.
>> No. 18895
☞ Ah, if she's not interested, then forget her.
☞ Make a mental note to ask Ran about Gensokyo; if it's not too late.
>> No. 18896
updates?
>> No. 18938
>>18896

Sorry. With UFO, and UNL, a slew of fangames, and - more importantly in the grand scheme of things - college coming back into session next week, I've been more than a little distracted. I'll get back to work later tonight, and the update will come either then or tomorrow. I'll try to get back into a full-swing update-a-day mode, and maybe even try for more than that, once I get back to work.
>> No. 18954
>>18938

I so want to play UNL with you.
>> No. 18956
File 125198231618.jpg- (43.88KB , 425x510 , suika016.jpg ) [iqdb]
18956
... and we're back!

***

[X] Ah, if she's not interested, then forget her.

***

"She's obviously not interested. Let's just leave her be," you remark before Suika has the chance to disturb the poor girl any further. It's probably not a good idea to make someone grumpy if they can do... whatever it was Chen did to you before.

"What, you're going to give up just like that?" Suika gives you an amused look and shrugs theatrically. "You're never going to get anywhere in life with that attitude, you know? Death either."

"I'm not giving up," you reply, feeling a little offended by the notion. "I just mea--"

"I know what you meant. Lighten up a little," Suika says with a laugh, giving you a strong pat to the shoulder, and once again nearly toppling you in the process. As you steady yourself, she suddenly grips your shoulder firmly, and pulls you down a ways to look her in the eye, her tone turning less jubilant and more serious. "But if you decide you need her help, make sure you ask her, alright? I don't want to see you making the mistakes that the people around you do."

"Yeah," you remark, caught off guard by her sudden bought of earnestness, "of course."

"Good. Make sure you remember."

Her cheerful smile returns, and she walks backward to the edge of the roof, waving for you to follow her as she hops off the house. You give Chen one last look, only to see her already curled up and napping away, and follow after Suika yourself. You attempt to float down, but it only results in another odd, weightless tumble that sends you head over heels; at least you manage to land on your feet instead of embarrassing yourself too badly.

Suika is already ahead of you, still facing you as she trots along down the wide and empty lanes of Mayohiga, eyes on the sky and hands behind her head. She hums thoughtfully as you catch up to her, but she soon sighs deeply.

"Still, I've got to say it's hard to think of something for you to try all on my own. The stuff I can think of is either too hard, or too hard to test... think you can turn invisible? Maybe if I gathered some people, you could sway their hearts?"

Invisibility? Swaying hearts?

"That sounds... a little hard." It's hard to figure out how you would work those skills. You could kind of visualize floating around, and moving through things, but it's a lot more difficult to picture mucking around with other people's hearts - it's easy to picture their reaction, but not what you would have to do. Invisibility though... "Maybe. The invisibility thing is kind of like changing my appearance, right? I could make my clothes change earlier, so..."

"Oh, oh! Try it! I want to see this," Suika cheers, looking excited once again. She really is bubbly, isn't she...

Well, alright. You close your eyes and concentrate, trying to picture yourself as invisible... or, rather, trying to not picture yourself? Okay, wait, this is actually a little confusing. Um...

"Oh, hey! Not bad! Not really invisible, but not bad at all!"

You open your eyes and take a look down at yourself. It's not transparency by any means, but translucency is pretty good considering that you're not terribly sure what you're doing. At all. Plus, hey, if it were gloomier out, you might be tough to spot.

"... but I think this is the best I can do right now."

No sooner than you admit that, your faded appearance flickers back to normal. This is a tough one to hold; if you had a better idea of exactly what you needed to do to turn invisible, you might be able to last longer, or for that matter actually make yourself invisible, but...

"Aw, that's still an achievement! Deserves a drink, even," Suika says with a laugh, dismissing your concerns before taking another draw from her gourd. As she gulps down her strong-smelling drink, the two of you lock eyes, and you spot a dangerous little gleam as her lips part from the bottle. "You should have one too!"

"I don't thi--"

Shouldn't have opened your mouth. You reel back as the gourd is forced to your lips, and tears fill your eyes as the fiery-hot liquid courage contained within literally blazes a trail down your throat, to the tune of Suika's cheerful laughs. Good gods, this stuff doesn't even have a taste; it's like drinking Everclear!

When the bottle is finally withdrawn, you immediately roll over and hammer your own chest as you make a series of sputtering coughs. The remainder of the foul fluid in your mouth spills out and stains the ground. You could swear you see the dirt bubbling in response. Unable to speak under your throat's current protests, you settle for shooting Suika a glare. She just laughs.

"Woah, now that's a scary look! Hear that? Scary! You're shaping up to be a great ghost, aren't you!"

***

[ ] Scary? Oh, you'll show her scary!

[ ] ... it's really not that big a deal. She just got a little too excited there.
>> No. 18959
[O] Scary? Oh, you'll show her scary!
>> No. 18962
File 125199032149.jpg- (445.39KB , 750x564 , 1855446.jpg ) [iqdb]
18962
>>18956
[X] Scary? Oh, you'll show her scary!

Time to get back at Suika for that little show she put on for us >>18738

Also hoping this doesn't turn out the way it did last time.
>> No. 18964
[X] Scary? Oh, you'll show her scary!
>> No. 18965
[x] Scary? Oh, you'll show her scary!

Did we figure out how we died this time? I put my money on train splatter.
>> No. 18966
>>18965

>An image of twisting metal and twin orbs of blinding light flashes before your eyes. The loud screech of rubber against pavement, and the blaring of a horn. A sudden impact, jarring and painful, and searing, blistering heat so real and vivid that it makes your eyes water and your skin bubble.

>"Never mind." You know well enough how you died.

Fuckin trucks, man. They got it out for us.
>> No. 18967
[x] Scary? Oh, you'll show her scary!

Hurrah, I'm glad everything's back!
>> No. 18968
[X] Scary? Oh, you'll show her scary!
>> No. 18969
[X] Scary? Oh, you'll show her scary!

I wonder if this will turn out to be good in a naughty way.

(That and I want to kinda get the Suika scene over with as to persue the true target: the waffle goddess; but I'd be lying if I said that I'm not looking forward to it as well)
>> No. 18971
[x] Scary? Oh, you'll show her scary!
>> No. 18972
[X] Scary? Oh, you'll show her scary!
>> No. 18973
[X] Scary? Oh, you'll show her scary!
>> No. 18981
[X] Scary? Oh, you'll show her scary!
[x] Whip off your pants and frighten her into submission with your engorged member
>> No. 18982
[X] Scary? Oh, you'll show her scary!
>> No. 18983
[X] Scary? Oh, you'll show her scary!
[x] Whip off your pants and frighten her into submission with your engorged member
>> No. 18984
>>18962
>Also hoping this doesn't turn out the way it did last time.

Oh, you are just adorable, you know that?

Calling this now, for the sake of convenience, to let me get a little of the next update done before I hit the sack. The full Update will come on the morrow, when I am not exhausted.
>> No. 18985
>>18984

Hooray!
>> No. 18987
>>18966
You: "Ran?"

Ran: "Yes dear?"

You: "My love for you is like a truck"

Yukari & Chen: "BERSERKER!"

Ran: "FFFFFF-"
>> No. 18990
File 125219917371.jpg- (112.91KB , 900x675 , Challenge.jpg ) [iqdb]
18990
[X] Scary? Oh, you'll show her scary!

***

... of all the nerve!

Well, if she's going to taunt you like that, why not give the lady what she wants? You're a ghost, right? Scary should be easy. You'll scare the bloody skirt off of her!

A grin finds its way to your face all on its own, and a surge of energy floods through you. Something about the idea of being scary makes you almost feel alive again, feels right. You're a ghost! This is what you do!

"Hey, are you okay?" Suika frowns at you.

You can feel a shift in yourself somewhere, and slide up into a leer. A thin haze creeps in from behind you somewhere, eerie lights flashing within. The ground darkens in big rusty patches, what little grass that pokes through the cracked earth suddenly drooping and turning a sickly brown.

"Hey," Suika blanches, "stop that."

A low rumble echoes from the encroaching fog, and the sound of whee--

Everything snaps back to normal as you double over, Suika's fist connecting painfully with your gut and popping you into the air momentarily. You look up at her, dazed, only to see her frowning down at you. She doesn't look particularly frightened by your little act, just... sick is the only word for it that you can think of, but that doesn't seem right either.

"Damn, I'm all for spooking people from time to time, but don't do that again. I don't know how you died, but that looked worse than some of the poor human saps who would get mauled back in the old days. You're lucky you pulled that in front of me, and not in front of someone younger; hell, now I'm glad that Chen didn't want to help out. A sight like that could have traumatized her."

She hunches down to look you in the eye, and waggles a finger at you in reprimand.

"Don't get so carried away like that, or people will think you're being too wild, and Reimu will come seal you up for a while. It won't be very fun for you, trust me. Especially if she's in a bad mood. It's fine for ghosts to be scary, but there's limits to how far you should go."

With that, Suika hops back onto her feet, and waves for you to follow her before she sets off down the roads of Mayohiga again.

"Come on, hurry up now! Don't lie around all day!"

Dazed and mildly confused by what just happened, you end up staring dumbly after her. There are a lot of things about what just happened that are strange, but more pressingly, the way you lost control of yourself is...

... a little unsettling...

---

"Back so soon?"

Ran's voice greets you as you return to the house, and you spot her sitting outside on the verandah, tea in hand. Behind her the dining room is in full view - it looks like the wall there is actually a well-disguised sliding door; must be nice for those days with good weather. That's probably why she's out here, come to think of it.

"Yep," Suika says with a theatrical sigh, "your little kitty wasn't in the mood to help us, so we cut it all short. But we got some important stuff worked out, so it's not a total wash."

You and Suika approach the verndah and get seated yourselves, Suika pulling out her gourd almost immediately after the two of you settle in.

"Doesn't leaves us with much to do though," Suika complains. "You got anything interesting going yet, Ran?"

"Well," Ran replies, taking a short sip of tea, "I was thinking I might try working on a particular formula that I--"

Suika groans, waving her hand about in a wild silencing gesture.

"Don't talk to me about that math stuff, Ran; you know I can't stand it!"

Ran just shrugs and smiles, returning to her tea. Time passes in comfortable silence for a spell, and then Suika leaps to her feet, and pounds her fist against her hand, a rather determined look about her.

"We need to go out and do something; pick some fights, have some snacks and spoil our dinners, go get drunk! We need to do something exciting!" She spins about. "Ran! You," she points at Ran, "and him," she gestures to you with her thumb, "are coming with me, capiche? We're going out for snacks and drinks!"

Ran sighs and shakes her head.

"Suika, I don't think--"

"If you don't agree to come, then I'll make you come! Think you can take me in a duel, Ran?"

Ran stiffens, looking suddenly very wary. Suika turns to you now, a grin on her face.

"That goes for you, too! If you have any complaints, I'll beat them out of you! Not that you'd have complaints about going out with a pair of pretty young women like us, right?"

***

[ ] ... right, when she puts it like that, you really can't complain. Not that it would matter if you did.

[ ] ... honestly, you'd rather just stay here and relax. Today has been hectic enough as it is.
>> No. 18991
[X] ... right, when she puts it like that, you really can't complain. Not that it would matter if you did.

He's a spooky ghost
>> No. 18992
[x] ... right, when she puts it like that, you really can't complain. Not that it would matter if you did.
>> No. 18993
[B] ... right, when she puts it like that, you really can't complain. Not that it would matter if you did.
>> No. 18994
[ ] ... right, when she puts it like that, you really can't complain. Not that it would matter if you did.

And perhaps with Ran, she might even things out some. That and Suika might show you hints on how to loosen up the fox woman up some.

Though that's a scary power Meiyou showed, stuff around him dying!? I think you shouldn't try to be scary for a while. (Reminds me back in R1 where Haku tried something similar and terrified himself badly, resulting in getting mothered by both Yukari and Yuyuko.)
>> No. 18995
>>18994
It was an illusion. He was probably hit on a wasteland road, or that's how the scenery looked like after the crash; oil and fire polluting the ground.

It seems here, though, that he enjoyed it. I can already smell the plot, and I don't like it.
>> No. 18996
[x] ... right, when she puts it like that, you really can't complain. Not that it would matter if you did.
Going to win anyways, but eh, showing some writefag support by voting anyways. Some actually care about stuff like that for some reason.
>> No. 18997
[ ] ... right, when she puts it like that, you really can't complain. Not that it would matter if you did.

Looks like this protagonist isn't so harmless. Perfect.
>> No. 18998
>>18995

Yeah two attempts, different results and aftermaths.

Meiyou's spook mode seems something best left untouched, just due to corruption and such.
>> No. 18999
[ze] ... right, when she puts it like that, you really can't complain. Not that it would matter if you did.
>> No. 19000
[ ] ... right, when she puts it like that, you really can't complain. Not that it would matter if you did.
>> No. 19001
>>18998
>>18995
>>18994

Worse things happen at sea, you pantywaists.

[x] "Well, are you sure I couldn't 'sway your heart' toward activity of a more sedentary nature? After all, I could forget myself and cause a scene in public, and that wouldn't reflect well on any of us, would it?"

Meiyou has been having a rather difficult time of it, so I'm not particularly keen on him meeting Reimu at this step in the game. Ran doesn't want to go herself, and when we've barely begun to interact with the other residents of Mayohiga, it's hard to justify gallivanting around the countryside with some oni who doesn't even have a route.

Besides, if I were him, I'd be a bit pissed for getting kicked around, just because Suika apparently can't take it as well as she can dish it out.
>> No. 19002
>>19001
It's not how he died that bothers me.

It's the fact that I'll have to read through another fucking "you're losing yourself to the madness" cliche. It puts a real strain on the nerves to go though the seemingly impossible task of remaining sane, or trying to become sane after losing it while simultaneously trying to get into a particular girl's pants.

He already enjoyed reliving his death. Kaleidoscope Midnight is bad enough as it is. I'm just hoping this doesn't become another despair-fest.
>> No. 19003
Good grief, this is gonna sidetrack everyone again?

[X] Man up and deal with it, you got trucked and died, this is the afterlife, okay. No need to either obsess over your death or be freaked out by it.

[X] Now go out and have some fun.
>> No. 19004
>>19002

Well knowing Patchwork, this'll only rear its head again much later. Wouldn't do if he changed the whole tone of the thing.

HLA R1 was known for being one of the lighter stories, with only bits of seriousness near the end.
>> No. 19005
Ah, finally caught up with this.

Magnificent writing Patchwork, with the Round 1 and this, I really enjoyed both.

[x] ... honestly, you'd rather just stay here and relax. Today has been hectic enough as it is.

Relaxing with Ran-sama~
>> No. 19013
>>19005

I'd choose that normally, but I'm not sure how much success would be had. If the tide changes I'll change my vote.
>> No. 19014
>>19013
no one really cares how indecisive you happen to be about this one nearly-unanimous vote
>> No. 19020
[X] ... honestly, you'd rather just stay here and relax. Today has been hectic enough as it is.
>> No. 19023
[X] ... right, when she puts it like that, you really can't complain. Not that it would matter if you did.

Suika has made it clear that refusal is not an option here. If you will not go willingly, she will MAKE you go. Follow Ran's wise example, keep quiet, and just go along with it. It'll be easier on everyone that way.
>> No. 19027
Ugh, tvtropes and websites dedicated to obscure video game oddities are not good for my productivity.

>>19002

You really don't have to worry about that.

Nothing about Anon's ghost abilities is particularly addictive, or even something that would drive him insane from overuse. It just feels good to be scary because he's a ghost, and that's what ghosts do. It's less like, say, cigarettes, and more similar to junk food; even if he fell into the habit of using his powers all over the place, all it would require to stop is a decent modicum of willpower. Hell, Hakunon didn't even have to deal with this because he scared himself straight enough to not want to go overboard on anyone.

In other words, ghost abilities aren't a plot point. They're just something available for use, and which can be used responsibly.


On to more general matters...

Update will come some time tomorrow, but I'm calling this now so that I can get started on it. Enforced merrymaking with Suika for Ran and you confirmed, forced one-on-one date with Ran averted.
>> No. 19029
File 125231429693.jpg- (20.58KB , 448x469 , 1207203573042.jpg ) [iqdb]
19029
>>19027
>> No. 19030
>>19027
YOU FUCKERS RUINED IT.

I wanted to relax with Ran-sama~
>> No. 19031
File 125232319571.jpg- (150.70KB , 786x480 , 34.jpg ) [iqdb]
19031
>forced one-on-one date with Ran averted.
Fuck.
>> No. 19032
from the sounds of things the relax option would have caused things to go too fast, this might be more suitable for a ghost and a kitsune he knew for a couple of days. And that's a chance to bond.
>> No. 19033
>forced one-on-one date with Ran averted.

Fuck yes.
>> No. 19035
File 125236082424.png- (3.21KB , 203x217 , 1252026060748.png ) [iqdb]
19035
>>19033
>> No. 19036
Oh, goddammit.
>> No. 19037
File 125238349818.jpg- (11.55KB , 282x198 , 1248742332488.jpg ) [iqdb]
19037
>>19033
>> No. 19054
Oh wow, I am sorry for the wait I've put you guys through. I had a bunch of work dumped on me when I got back to school, and I've been working on another installment of my /at/ story. If it's any consolation, you guys can go take a look at that while you wait.

Updates coming tomorrow, no excuses.
>> No. 19055
>>19054
Don't sweat it, the users of this site have become pretty accustomed to delays.
>> No. 19056
>>19054

Don't worry at least you explain.

But in your next update, could you explain what you meant by forced one on one date
>> No. 19060
File 125265673856.png- (20.05KB , 400x400 , suika062.png ) [iqdb]
19060
>>19056

Meant what I said. If Anon had tried to refuse Suika's offer, Suika would have soundly trounced both Anon and Ran in the ensuing duel. Given that Suika's win conditions would be phrased in more of "do what I say" fashion than a "this is what you have to do" fashion, and given her propensity for mischief, she would have forced Anon and Ran out on a date together. By themselves.

Would have been an opportunity for massive Ran points if Anon handled himself right.


***

[X] ... right, when she puts it like that, you really can't complain. Not that it would matter if you did.

***

"Right," you reply, plastering on a hopefully convincing smile, "I'd love to go out with you two."

Suika lets out another of her embellished laughs, pumping her fist in the air victoriously and doing a cheerful little jig. You give Ran a sidelong glance, and find her looking back at you; you exchange resigned stares, holding back your sighs. With the way Suika threw you earlier, you're probably just saving yourself some pain, but...

As you watch Suika swing her gourd around and grin, you have to wonder if it will make all that much difference.

---

"... and you drink it down, and that's the way you're meant to eat a human!"

You wince a little as Suika's elbow digs into your side with far more strength than a friendly nudge should contain; you find it a little hard to blame her for that though, given the rosy, inebriated flush in her cheeks. Still, she's certainly a handful once she gets going, and you have the sneaking suspicion that you're only being spared from more involved antics because she doesn't have more people to sweep up in her whirling storm of drunken merrymaking. Neither you nor Ran have been more than halfhearted about playing along with her, and the owner of the stall she's brought you to has been more concerned with begging her not to knock the little establishment down and drink the entire alcohol stock in the process.

To be honest, the evening hasn't been terrible, but it certainly isn't the most wonderful you've ever had either. If you were in a better mood about the whole thing, and if there were more people involved in Suika's little makeshift party, you might even be enjoying yourself. As it stands though, Suika's lone boisterous behavior has done little more than caused her to butt in and break up any conversation you try to start with either Ran or the winged young woman who runs this stall, and her rowdy movements have been causing you mild discomfort. You don't even have drunkenness to fall back on in this instance; for whatever reason, despite having consumed more alcohol than you remember having at one time in your life, you just don't feel the least bit drunk. Not even tipsy.

"Come on, Ran! You should sing along too! You used to know all the words, I remember!" Suika's voice comes out slightly slurred, and she slings her arm over Ran's shoulder, then leans in and nudges the taller woman. "You got a nice voice, come on!"

"... it's not that nice..."

"Yes it is!"

"... well, I mean... I guess..."

Much to your shock, Ran begins to slowly sing the next verse of Suika's colorful little drinking song in a stunningly refined mezzo-soprano. As the fox-tailed woman begins to pick up the pace, the pink-haired owner of the stall turns to you, tears shining in her pale gray-red eyes. Reaching over, you pat the poor dear on the shoulder as reassuringly as you can.

---

Leaning back against the stall's counter, you briefly consider trying to rescue the owner from Suika's grasp, but think better of it. As much as you'd like to help her, you really don't feel confident about your chances of matching Suika's strength. The horned girl seems to be keeping things relatively clean anyway, thankfully.

Turning your attention to the stall, you realize that Ran is looking rather down; her tails and her hat are drooping sadly, and she has her head resting firmly on the counter in front of her. She was fine and cheery when Suika had her occupied, but it looks like her encounter with alcohol is dipping into the downer phase.

[ ] Go ahead and talk to her. Maybe you can cheer her up.

[ ] Try and comfort her, but stay quiet. She probably won't want to talk.

[ ] Just steer clear of that mess.
>> No. 19061
>>19060

A) Ah but I still think it would have been too soon. That and if Suika was around that might be a bit of a pain in the end.

[x] Go ahead and talk to her. Maybe you can cheer her up.

Remind her she's not the only one alone in this mess. Misery loves company after all. Perhaps complimenting her singing might work.
>> No. 19062
[ ] Go ahead and talk to her. Maybe you can cheer her up.
>> No. 19064
[ ] Go ahead and talk to her. Maybe you can cheer her up.
>> No. 19065
[x] Go ahead and talk to her. Maybe you can cheer her up.
>> No. 19066
[x] Go ahead and talk to her. Maybe you can cheer her up.
>> No. 19067
[x] Go ahead and talk to her. Maybe you can cheer her up.

>>19060
About the blacked out part, knowing anon...

Anon would have fucked up and probably make things worse. I'd say the vote actually saved the ran-fags chances.

Moderation is key, and while having awesome fun can earn awesome points, becoming overbearing would have more likely ruined things; or at least make things needlessly hellish
>> No. 19068
[ ] Try and comfort her, but stay quiet. She probably won't want to talk.
>> No. 19069
[x] Go ahead and talk to her. Maybe you can cheer her up.
>> No. 19070
[ø] Try and comfort her, but stay quiet. She probably won't want to talk.
Give her the comforting trademark ghostly hug!
that Yuyuko and Hakunon shared so often
and then
[ø] Go ahead and talk to her. Maybe you can cheer her up.
>> No. 19071
[X] Go ahead and talk to her. Maybe you can cheer her up.
>> No. 19072
[X] Go ahead and talk to her. Maybe you can cheer her up.
>> No. 19073
File 12526993668.jpg- (168.66KB , 500x650 , ed84ecdd7b365505fc8594c4da2c1b68.jpg ) [iqdb]
19073
[\!/] Go ahead and talk to her. Maybe you can cheer her up.

She isn't Horo, Ranfags.
>> No. 19074
[x] Try and comfort her, but stay quiet. She probably won't want to talk.
>> No. 19075
[x] Try and comfort her, but stay quiet. She probably won't want to talk.
>> No. 19076
[X] Go ahead and talk to her. Maybe you can cheer her up.
>> No. 19078
[ze] Go ahead and talk to her. Maybe you can cheer her up.

>>19060
>she would have forced Anon and Ran out on a date together. By themselves.
>Would have been an opportunity for massive Ran points if Anon handled himself right.
cryingbear.jpg
>> No. 19079
>>19078

Thing is that would have been rather hard to do, and the risk is very high of screwing things up BADLY.
>> No. 19080
[ ] Just steer clear of that mess.
>> No. 19081
File 125272585923.jpg- (62.06KB , 480x663 , grp0201102823.jpg ) [iqdb]
19081
>>19079
With you around, maybe.

[x] Go ahead and talk to her. Maybe you can cheer her up.

Everyone who wanted Yukari better not have given up, it's still the second thread and our lack of Yukari time has been entirely out of our hands.
>> No. 19082
>>19081

I wouldn't be the one to screw things up.
>> No. 19083
File 125273001077.jpg- (459.96KB , 1600x1200 , 2722806.jpg ) [iqdb]
19083
>>19081
No worries, bro. You've got at least one person that will vote Yukarin from now til the end.

>>19082
Pfft

I keed
>> No. 19084
>>19081

I too am with you. I will vote for Yukari even if my efforts become an example of futility.
>> No. 19085
☞ Go ahead and talk to her. Maybe you can cheer her up.
>> No. 19086
>>19083
You have my dick.
>> No. 19087
>>19081
I am with you as well.
>> No. 19089
>>19081

Reporting for duty, sir
>> No. 19090
>>19081

got another one here
>> No. 19092
File 125278375684.jpg- (296.82KB , 930x930 , 083275301.jpg ) [iqdb]
19092
>>19081
Holding out for Lily Black. Still think Yukari's too much like Yuyuko, but better her than Ran.
>> No. 19093
>>19092

Who knows, I'm more of Komachi fan (especially Patchwork's) but seeing how things go, I'm aiming for Ran.

But who knows maybe Patchwork's Ran route might change people's minds, since look what HLA R1 did for Lily Black!
>> No. 19095
>>19092
>>Holding out for Lily Black.

Ditto, though considering how long it could be for us to ever meet her (assuming we do at all) that's probably highly unlikely to happen.
Best chance would be if the starting point had been Higan, but clearly that's not how it worked out this time.

Oh well. Here's hoping to Round 3.
>> No. 19096
>>19095

Same goes for Komachi; well as far as R3 goes, May be best fangroup win. I'd hate for things to get to such a wretched state of conflict like this has been at times.
>> No. 19099
File 125281219572.png- (10.04KB , 429x410 , 1239013284063.png ) [iqdb]
19099
>>19081
>>19083
>>19084
>>19086
>>19087
>>19089
>>19090

I'm facepalming so hard my face hurts. We're really going to end up stuck with the single most boring possible character yet again, aren't we?

I love you Patchwork, but your voters are fucking retarded.
>> No. 19100
File 125281441974.jpg- (596.86KB , 649x882 , 2771897.jpg ) [iqdb]
19100
>>19099
>We're really going to end up stuck with the single most boring possible character yet again, aren't we?
>single most boring possible character yet again
>yet again

Shut your filthy mouth. Yuyoko route was awesome.
>> No. 19101
>>19099
Hey now, I'm not interested in what might amount to Yuyuko 2.0 Route, either (though I would hope there's more to Yukari than we've seen to make it more than different enough) but I think it's rather uncalled-for to insult people just for having differing tastes.
>> No. 19102
>>19100

She's dead. You technically can't do it with a ghost. And her body(?) is in a tree.
>> No. 19104
File 125281660696.png- (3.43KB , 191x196 , 1252203710288.png ) [iqdb]
19104
>>19100

I'm not saying she isn't, but Youmu or the Prismrivers would have made for a far better story in every way possible.
>> No. 19105
You guys must enjoy reading each others e-peenery... I know I don't. I swear every time I see this bumped I hope to see an update and instead its just warring douche bags posting which is a damn shame.

Bad enough the change in address may have costed THP some number of regulars/possibly writers but damn... I wished we could have lost the extreme fanatics that just ruin everything regardless if they have it their way or not.

the way infighting are occurring frequently here, the author may want to do something to quell the flame wars lest ye wishes to have more readers that are completely neutral leave due to how sour its turning out around here...
>> No. 19106
File 125281730525.jpg- (20.56KB , 522x399 , 1249814091380.jpg ) [iqdb]
19106
>>19105

God forbid I express my opinion and maybe even act a little aggressive once in awhile. THP really has softened up lately.
>> No. 19108
File 125282202380.jpg- (123.09KB , 538x500 , 1200965001194.jpg ) [iqdb]
19108
>>19105
First of all, if you feel like denouncing every post that isn't an update, vote, or dedicated discussion for needlessly bumping a thread, use sage to prove your point. Second, people that get offended over interactive fanfiction to the point of abandoning it all are taking it way too seriously. Finally, Patchwork likes trolls/trolling: forced one-on-one date with Ran averted and post-update commentary on >>/forest/15220

If I have to point this out as a joke, I swear...

>>19104
That's, like, your opinion. Man. Anyway, in every other story under the sun/site, Yukari is almost universally pigeon-holed as a plot-device or an antagonist. On the only board, and in the only story, that has a chance of romancing a character as dynamic as Yukari (can be), I'm willing to chance a little deja vu. Besides, I still want to know what Patchwork meant by discovering the depths of her laziness.
>> No. 19109
File 125282381496.jpg- (179.54KB , 500x700 , toho_001204.jpg ) [iqdb]
19109
>>Anyway, in every other story under the sun/site, Yukari is almost universally pigeon-holed as a plot-device or an antagonist. On the only board, and in the only story, that has a chance of romancing a character as dynamic as Yukari (can be), I'm willing to chance a little deja vu. Besides, I still want to know what Patchwork meant by discovering the depths of her laziness.

I have to admit, that is a good point. For as important as she is or can be in any given story, the old gal hasn't really had all that much time in the spotlight, herself.

Granted, this is partly due to her character generally being the type who mostly pulls strings behind the scenes, getting others to do most of the actual work in her place. Following her during such narratives would generally consist of her either sleeping or watching events unfold from a distance while a perpetual "JUST AS PLANNED" look is plastered on her face.

Still, as such a major figure in Gensokyo as well as being a perpetual schemer, I think there's lots of interesting possibilities for a route that gives you some insight on just what makes her tick. Though, as someone whose way of thinking is supposedly completely unlike that of a human's, I'm not sure how much insight one is supposed to be able to get from it...
>> No. 19114
>>19108

I wonder that as well, but the same could be said of all the Yukumo household. The potiental is there, but the fact is at a glance, Yukari is similar (if slightly more inhibited) to Yuyuko.

>>19109

you have some good points, but that might be put into some use in Ran's favor, considering how Ran does most of the footwork usually.

Still even though I'm in Ran's camp (just for the sake of change of pace), I do like Patchwork's Yukari, and losing wouldn't be the worse thing to happen then.

I do wish that things would be more civil, since I think cries of "Ran Furfag" does more harm than good to the Yukari group; it just rallies the Ran fans together.
>> No. 19116
>>19114
>The potiental is there, but the fact is at a glance, Yukari is similar (if slightly more inhibited) to Yuyuko.
>at a glance

Don't judge a book by it's cover.
>I think cries of "Ran Furfag" does more harm than good to the Yukari group;

We're not doing that. Er, well, at least not me. Also, you can't say that the Yukari group is the only one doing that; take a look at >>19099. People like him make things hostile.
>> No. 19119
Not sure if I agree the "Yukari never gets any love in stories" arguement. I'm pretty sure she's had her own route at least once before. But a Ran route? When's the last time we had one of those?
>> No. 19122
>>19119
>I'm pretty sure she's had her own route at least once before

Really? I'd like to know which story that is.
>> No. 19124
>>19116

The glance remark was meant to point out that Ran or Yukari might not be as boring as they might seem.

though both sides have their extremists, and such a conflict won't really quiet down until a route is locked.

>>19119

There's no such stories in the famed history of THP, so if there was one, it most likely died off somehow.

But Yuuka did get a story to herself.

But a nice story always stirs up little wars like this. Next run won't be any different, since chances are it'll end up being Komachi fans vs Lily Black fans.

That is if the Prismriver fans don't prevail.

other examples?

SDM LA R2 there was slight in fighting between the Meiling, Koakuma and Sakuya factions

DoLF/LAE; a more messier case, since in the first run it seems Alice and Aya fans got mixed up into it. And on the second run it was mainly Reisen, Kaguya, and Eirin. At the moment it's believed that it's only on track to the Eirin route , best ending wise. Just a matter of how to get there.

I must remark on the nature of later runs limit things some (It might not be until the 5th run if anything before Anon decides to return to Hakugyokuro to try for a Youmu route if anything); since unlike VNs, people don't like repeating large stretches.
>> No. 19133
Yukari did get a route in a certain major story early in the site's life. I'd rather not revisit that shrine again.
>> No. 19136
>>19133

I recall that, but I don't think it was so much a route than a branch off ending tying up a plot point; but the scene was certainly hot. the ending was ultimately Renko and Mary
>> No. 19148
>>19133

Not a route. More like an after story H-scene. The route done before it was Renko and Mary.
>> No. 19150
Ugh. Sorry for yet another delay folks. There's an update coming tomorrow, but I'm about to keel over. Hold out for a while - I'll try to post some time in the morning, before classes.


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x