[Return]
Archived Thread
File 124734359071.gif - (602.96KB , 550x400 , Cooking with Sakuya !.gif ) [iqdb]
17975 No. 17975
I dunno, this is getting kinda dull. I'll try to make things a bit more interesting...

---

You stop time and grab a Sponge from the counter. You erase the Blood from the wall. Satisfied with your work, you look around the kitchen for something to do. That Flour looks promising...

You start time up again and fill a Pot with Water. You stop time shortly afterwards. You pour the Flour into the Pot. You knead the Flour into Dough.

COMMAND>
>> No. 17979
[X] Bake the dough into bread.
>> No. 17981
File 124734742846.png- (19.32KB , 544x396 , durr shitty stove.png ) [iqdb]
17981
You open up the Oven and stick the Dough inside. You turn the temperature up. It should take an hour or so to fully bake.

Continued>
>> No. 17982
File 124734746613.png- (24.18KB , 545x396 , emoemoemoemo.png ) [iqdb]
17982
Defaults set to Anon.

You dash over to the front of the mansion and swing open the Doors. You're not sure where you're going exactly, but by some luck you manage to reach Meiling's room.

You slam open the door and scan the room for Meiling. She's sitting on the floor, crying silently.

COMMAND>
>> No. 17984
[X] Comfort Meiling.
[X] Ask her what's wrong... beyond the obvious.
>> No. 17986
File 124735060736.png- (24.74KB , 550x399 , what a twist!.png ) [iqdb]
17986
You kneel down in front of Meiling. You startle her a bit, but she keeps her melancholic pose. You ask what's wrong, as well as why and when she arrived at the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

"You shouldn't be here..." Meiling whispers, softly. A deafening tone booms throughout the mansion, causing you to cover your ears.

"Rule Number 2," an ominous voice laughs. "Do not wander too deep into the mansion."

The lights flicker, then burn out. You are left in absolute darkness.

COMMAND>
>> No. 17987
>>17986
[x] Be the one who fills this dark room with liiiIIIIIGGGGHHHHHHTTTTTTT!
[x] Auto-parry incoming attack.
>> No. 17988
File 124735134755.png- (17.82KB , 558x427 , I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL YOUR DARK SOUL .png ) [iqdb]
17988
You have nothing to fill this dark soul room with light. You tense up, expecting an attack, however it never comes. Your eyes begin to adjust to the darkness, and you can make out Meiling's figure.

COMMAND>
>> No. 17989
File 12473521151.jpg- (192.51KB , 626x455 , 1204254789039.jpg ) [iqdb]
17989
[x] Kneel next to Meiling. Try to comfort her and ask what happened.
>> No. 17990
[x] Kneel next to Meiling. Try to comfort her and ask what happened.
>> No. 17991
[x] Kneel next to Meiling. Ask who or what that voice is.
>> No. 17992
File 124735763866.png- (24.70KB , 555x393 , Shanghai.png ) [iqdb]
17992
You try to comfort Meiling. You ask her what happened.

"What do you mean what happened?" She asks with an annoyed tone. "You visited the mansion. You killed me. I came back to life. We met again. Sakuya yelled at me again. There's not much more to it than that."

COMMAND>
>> No. 17993
>>17992

"Whoa, what? I didn't kill you. The last thing I remember is getting smacked around in the Kitchen by Flandre and getting knocked out."
>> No. 17994
[X] This: >>17993
[X] Ask her if she wants to leave with you.
>> No. 17997
[X] "You're coming with me."
>> No. 18003
>you killed me
I SMELL A CONTINUITY ERROR
or wait, with the way this is going....

[X] "Whoa, what? I didn't kill you. The last thing I remember is getting smacked around in the Kitchen by Flandre and getting knocked out."
[X] Ask her if she wants to leave with you.
>> No. 18004
[X] "Whoa, what? I didn't kill you. The last thing I remember is getting smacked around in the Kitchen by Flandre and getting knocked out."
[X] Ask her if she wants to leave with you and offer her your hand.
If she refuses
[x] Meiling... I only ask because I care. If you ever need a friend i'll be there for you.
>> No. 18006
File 124739441833.png- (23.80KB , 544x395 , rapeface.png ) [iqdb]
18006
You tell her that it wasn't you that killed her, and how you were knocked out for awhile. You stand up and hold out your hand. You propose that she should join you.

She takes your hand and you pull Meiling to her feet. "Alright," she agrees. "I'm sure that the mistress will find me eventually, but at this point I'm not even sure I care."

Meiling has joined the party.

You can now control Meiling with "[M] (Command)", or by typing "/meiling (command)."
You can now change your default control to Meiling through a basic command.
(e.g. [x] Switch control to Meiling. While using another character, [Anon] will control Anon. This also changes the perspective of the story to Meiling's)

COMMAND>
>> No. 18008
[M] check inventory
>> No. 18009
File 124740382048.png- (16.09KB , 545x394 , Meiling's Inventory.png ) [iqdb]
18009
Meiling searches through her pockets. In them, she has:

Money (3)
Crumpled Paper
Matches (4)

COMMAND>
>> No. 18010
We're forgetting about something here...

[Marisa] View synopsis and quest log.
>> No. 18012
[M] Examine crumpled paper.
>> No. 18013
[x] Give Meiling 1 Spear.
[Sakuya] Keep watching that bread. Don't want it get burnt.
[x] Ask Meiling whether she can still fly or not. If she can't your going to need to carry her yourself.
[x] Make your way carefully out of the Mansion.
>> No. 18014
[M] Examine crumpled paper
[x] Give Meiling 1 Spear.
[Sakuya] Keep watching that bread. Don't want it get burnt.
[x] Ask Meiling whether she can still fly or not. If she can't your going to need to carry her yourself.
[x] Make your way carefully out of the Mansion
>> No. 18015
[M] Examine crumpled paper
[x] Give Meiling 1 Spear.
[Sakuya] Keep watching that bread. Don't want it get burnt.
[x] Ask Meiling whether she can still fly or not. If she can't your going to need to carry her yourself.
[x] Make your way carefully out of the Mansion

GOD OF SPEAR MEILING
>> No. 18016
File 124741225463.png- (29.19KB , 546x397 , you can examine the picture fyi.png ) [iqdb]
18016
Meiling unfolds the Crumpled Paper. On one side is one of Meiling's Logs. It's mostly just things she saw that day and the people she encountered. On the other side is a Picture she drew.

Continued>
>> No. 18017
File 124741252555.png- (30.31KB , 545x398 , maybe 10 more.png ) [iqdb]
18017
Sakuya stops preparing dinner and checks up on the bread. It's rising rather nicely, despite having no yeast, oil, etc. She figures it'll take another 10 or 15 minutes to finish. Sakuya goes back to making dinner.

Continued>
>> No. 18018
File 124741255938.png- (27.27KB , 543x393 , cheap trick.png ) [iqdb]
18018
You take out a Spear and hand it to Meiling. Meiling equips the Spear. You ask her if she still has the ability to fly. She nods and jumps up and down until she realizes that she apparently cannot.

Cursing under your breath, you head for the door. Two Ghostly Apparitions appear to be playing tag in the hallway.

"Is this supposed to psych us out?" Meiling scoffs. "'Cause that's pretty lame..."

COMMAND>
>> No. 18019
[x] Examine Figures.
>> No. 18020
[X] Examine figures
>> No. 18021
[x] Examine figures
>> No. 18022
File 124741774216.png- (20.93KB , 539x392 , lame.png ) [iqdb]
18022
You examine the figures.

You're not sure who exactly they are, however they appear to be sisters. One is blond, and is in a red dress. She also has a maple leaf shaped bow in her hair.

The other is wearing a red apron with a yellow shirt underneath. On top of her golden hair is a red hat decorated with fruit.

They turn right and disappear down the hallway.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18023
>>18022

[M] Guide your friend quickly and quietly to the entrance of the Mansion.
>> No. 18024
[M] Guide your friend quickly and quietly to the entrance of the Mansion.
>> No. 18025
File 124742005172.png- (25.72KB , 550x400 , ran.png ) [iqdb]
18025
You creep through the pitch black hallways with Meiling as your guide. You make it to the main room with relative ease, at which time the lights turn back on. Across the hallway a figure waves it's hand and calls out to you.

"Oh, China! Do you have a minute?"

COMMAND>
>> No. 18026
[X] Identify figure
[M] "Only if it's quick. I have to escort our guest out."
[X] Play along with Meiling.
>> No. 18027
We totally should have examined the picture.
>> No. 18030
[X] Identify figure
[M] "Only if it's quick. I have to escort our guest out."
[X] Play along with Meiling.
>> No. 18032
I wonder if that's Aya's body on the table.
>> No. 18033
[X] Identify figure
[M] "Only if it's quick. I have to escort our guest out."
[X] Play along with Meiling.
>> No. 18034
File 124743225059.png- (19.29KB , 548x396 , helo remilia.png ) [iqdb]
18034
You examine the figure.

Why, it's none other than Remilia Scarlet! She's wearing a simple pink dress with a matching hat. Tied to the hat is a red ribbon.

"Only if it's quick," Meiling tells her. "I have to escort a guest out." Remilia laughs heartily.

"What's that? You had a guest?" Remilia mocks. "Imaginary friends don't count, you know. But whatever. Go on, escort him out. But tell me..."

She pauses, then asks, "Are you coming back?"

COMMAND>
>> No. 18035
[x]"Am I fated to come back?"
>> No. 18036
[M] "When I'm actually respected."
[M] Run like a bat out of hell!
[x] Run like a bat out of hell!

Not quite sure if there's a way out of this, but might as well try. Does Meiling still have her manipulation of chi?
>> No. 18037
[M] "When I'm actually respected."
[M] Run like a bat out of hell!
[x] Run like a bat out of hell!
>> No. 18038
[M] "I'm afraid I can't be of much use anymore, except for tending the garden, or maybe as a late-night snack." (weak smile)
[x] Explain what happened, if necessary.
>> No. 18039
>>18036>>18037
Pretty sure Remi can run like a bat out of hell better than we can.
>> No. 18040
>>18039

Clever...
>> No. 18041
File 124743664466.png- (25.83KB , 547x399 , china no naku koro ni.png ) [iqdb]
18041
"When I'm actually respected," Meiling taunts. She grabs your hand and dashes for the main door and you do the same.

You both stop dead in your tracks when Remilia appears in front of the door, a bemused expression on her face. "I feel like I've done this before, Meiling," Remilia says, sternly. "Many times."
>> No. 18042
[M] "We have, but..."
[M] "I'm afraid I can't be of much use anymore, except for tending the garden, or maybe as a late-night snack." (weak smile)
[x] Explain what happened, if necessary.
>> No. 18043
[M] Fuck it, no turning back. Jump out the broken windows.
[x] Follow and fly her out of here.
>> No. 18044
[M] "We have, but..."
[M] "I'm afraid I can't be of much use anymore, except for tending the garden, or maybe as a late-night snack." (weak smile)
[x] Explain what happened, if necessary.
>> No. 18045
[M] "We have, but..."
[M] "I'm afraid I can't be of much use anymore, except for tending the garden, or maybe as a late-night snack." (weak smile)
[x] Explain what happened, if necessary.

And add

[M] "You don't even pay me"
>> No. 18046
File 124744207350.png- (46.03KB , 604x289 , yes no.png ) [iqdb]
18046
"We have, but..." Meiling begins, uneasily. "I'm afraid I can't be of much use anymore, except for tending the garden, or maybe as a late-night snack." She lets out a weak smile, and shrugs a bit. "You don't even pay me."

"Then that is what you shall do. And that is what you shall be." Meiling tenses up, expecting an attack. A silence takes its place.

"Dinner's ready," a voice calls out from another room.

Remilia steps forward and looks up at you. "Won't you join us for dinner? I would feel only insulted if you decline." She passes by you, and turns into the dining room. Meiling motions you towards the exit, mouthing the words "Perfect Chance."

COMMAND>
>> No. 18047
[x] Hoof it out of there and fly Meiling away.
>> No. 18048
[X] Make it out there with Meiling!
>> No. 18049
[x] Wisper to her " Do you think we can reach the Hikari Shrine before they catch us and do you think Reimu would be willing to grant us sanctuary?"
[x]
>> No. 18051
>>18049
>Hikari Shrine
句_句
>> No. 18052
File 124744414490.png- (47.92KB , 694x559 , liberty.png ) [iqdb]
18052
You turn to Meiling and nod. At first, you creep slowly towards the door, but anxiety and a bit of adrenaline changes it into a sprint. Without losing your momentum, you slam open the door and pick up Meiling.

You fly up into the sky and hand her you map, asking her where she think you two should go. She hands it back to you. "Honestly, just take me anywhere. Somewhere that the mist-- Remilia won't find me."

TRAVEL>
[A] Moriya Shrine
[B] Hakurei Shrine
[C] Mayohiga
[D] The Bamboo Forest of Lost (Eientei?)
[E] The Human Village
[F] The Scarlet Devil Mansion
>> No. 18053
>>18051
sorry, I meant Hakurei.
>> No. 18054
I've been meaning to add this to the end of a post for awhile, but I keep forgetting...

>>18010

I didn't ignore this, just so you know. It's in the process of being made, but it's like... A slideshow .gif. Expect to be done either later tonight or tomorrow.
>> No. 18055
Ok people, now we need to think this over very seriously. Where is the best place for us to hide from the big bad Remi?
>> No. 18056
[X] Moriya Shrine

Gods >>> Vampires. That's my case.
>> No. 18057
[D] The Bamboo Forest of Lost (Eientei?)

Should be a good place to get lost for awhile.
>> No. 18058
[X] A: Moriya Shrine

We were heading to the mountain in the first place to meet up with Aya, so might as well.

Can't wait until Remilia shows up randomly like one of those invincible monsters that show up in horror games.
>> No. 18059
File 124745812793.png- (24.02KB , 548x397 , climbin up the mountain.png ) [iqdb]
18059
You fly on over to the Youkai Mountain. The trip is made with relative ease. As you scale the waterfall, you notice a figure walking winding path next to it.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18060
[X] Assault
>> No. 18061
File 124745915032.png- (16.16KB , 547x399 , OTOKO ONNA OTOKO ONNA OTOKO OKOTO ONNA.png ) [iqdb]
18061
You put Meiling on the ground and dash over to the figure. You slam it onto the ground and pin it down.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18062
[X] IDENTIFY TARGET

(PROCEEDING)
>> No. 18063
>>18059
[ze] Examine Figure
>> No. 18064
Oh, deja vu.
>> No. 18066
File 124746231621.png- (25.94KB , 545x394 , evil spirit begone.png ) [iqdb]
18066
You examine the figure.

Why, it's none other than... Actually, you're not totally sure who this is. She's dressed in an oversized shrine maiden getup, and has a seal attached to her forehead. She is carrying a sketchbook.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18067
>>18066

[x] "Uh, shit. Sorry about that. I thought you were someone else."
[x] Help her up and ask her name.
>> No. 18068
[x] "Uh, shit. Sorry about that. I thought you were someone else."
[x] Help her up and ask her name.
>> No. 18069
File 124746393181.png- (19.78KB , 547x397 , generic.png ) [iqdb]
18069
You apologize profusely and get off of her. You help her up to her feet and ask her what her name is. She stares at you, blankly.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18070
>>18069

[x] "Meiling, what do you make of this? Is she some kind of zombie or something?"
>> No. 18072
> Zombie Miko
Reimu...?
>> No. 18073
[x] Ask if something bother her and if you can help.
>> No. 18074
[x] "Meiling, what do you make of this? Is she some kind of zombie or something?"
>> No. 18076
>>18072

Impossible. The sleeves are attached!
>> No. 18077
[X] Take and pocket the amulet

WHAT COULD GO WRONG
>> No. 18078
>>18077
well if little missy here turns out to be a Jiang Shi...
[x] "Meiling, what do you make of this? Is she some kind of zombie or something?"
>> No. 18079
>>18078

Indeed. Let us have faith in Meiling, for, as the token Chinagirl, surely she will recognize it!
>> No. 18080
File 124753979626.png- (20.92KB , 546x400 , not... really....png ) [iqdb]
18080
You ask what Meiling thinks of the girl.

"You're kidding, right?" Meiling anxiously asks. "I don't think you have to worry about anything like that. She seems like a normal miko to me..." Meiling asks the girl her name as well. The shrine maiden gives the same stare to Meiling.

"Well, if she doesn't want to talk then that's her choice. Why don't we just give her a nickname in the meantime?"

NAME>
>> No. 18081
[x] Ji

Jiiiiiiii
>> No. 18082
[x] "Yukiko"
[x] "Also, I don't think most normal miko's have seal's on their foreheads. I really want to remove it, but I'm wondering what would happen if I did."
>> No. 18083
[x] "Yukiko"
[x] "Also, I don't think most normal miko's have seal's on their foreheads. I really want to remove it, but I'm wondering what would happen if I did."
>> No. 18084
File 124754195696.png- (21.39KB , 547x397 , DO IT FAGGOT.png ) [iqdb]
18084
You suggest the name Yukiko. Meiling accepts it. You mention the seal placed on her forehead, and how badly you want to remove it.

"Surely we could be doing something a little more productive," Meiling sighs. "I'm not sure what'll happen, so you might as well try."

COMMAND>
>> No. 18085
>>18084

[x] DO IT FAGGOT.
[x] But get ready to fly Meiling away if bad shit happens.
>> No. 18086
File 124754278253.png- (18.52KB , 547x382 , rick rolld biches !!.png ) [iqdb]
18086
You grab hold of the seal and yank on it. It's stuck to Yukiko's head.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18087
[x] "Huh. Well that's not normal."
[x] See if you can take a look at her sketchbook.
>> No. 18088
File 12475440886.png- (15.64KB , 545x395 , Soo lazy.png ) [iqdb]
18088
You comment on how abnormal that is. You ask if you can look through her sketchbook. She sticks it out in front of her, awaiting you to accept her gift.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18089
[x] "Oh, Thank you."
[x] Call Meiling over so she can look as well.
>> No. 18090
[x] "Oh, Thank you."
[x] Call Meiling over so she can look as well.
>> No. 18092
[x] "Oh, Thank you."
[x] Call Meiling over so she can look as well.
>> No. 18093
[x] "Oh, Thank you."
[x] Call out for Tewi.

Just kidding.

[x] Call Meiling over so she can look as well.
>> No. 18094
File 124760143277.png- (244.42KB , 1194x762 , sketches.png ) [iqdb]
18094
You thank Yukiko and accept her Sketch Book. You call Meiling over to look as well.

You open the Sketch Book to a random page. There are a few Rough Doodles.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18100
[X] Take Yukiko with you, and go up the mountain, to the shrine
>> No. 18101
>>18100

[X] Take Yukiko with you, and go up the mountain, to the shrine
[x] Hand her back the sketchbook.
>> No. 18103
[X] Take Yukiko with you, and go up the mountain, to the shrine
[x] Hand her back the sketchbook.
>> No. 18104
File 124761262211.png- (19.73KB , 544x396 , nty.png ) [iqdb]
18104
You hand Yukiko back the Sketch Book. You pick up Meiling. When you try to grab Yukiko, she pushes you away. Yukiko begins to walk back up the trial.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18105
[X] Follow Yukiko
>> No. 18106
File 124761330731.jpg- (26.85KB , 700x523 , china-flag.jpg ) [iqdb]
18106
>>18104

[x] Proceed up to the shrine.
[x] Inquire as to the whereabouts of the nearest river or creek.

Liberating China comes first!
>> No. 18107
[x] Proceed up to the shrine.
[x] Inquire as to the whereabouts of the nearest river or creek.
>> No. 18110
File 124761405884.png- (14.02KB , 533x398 , what.png ) [iqdb]
18110
You leave Yukiko and fly up to the top of the Mountain. In the distance you see a Figure cleaning the floor with a Broom. You ask where the nearest river or creek is.

"What?" It responds. "You didn't pass one on the way up? If you turn around and go down the waterfall, you'll reach a river." It points in the direction you came from.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18111
>>18110

[x] Examine figure
>> No. 18112
File 12476153382.png- (19.07KB , 546x395 , small broom.png ) [iqdb]
18112
You examine the figure.

Why, it's none other than Sanae Kotiya! She's dressed in a unique blue and white shrine maiden getup. In her hair lay a frog brooch. Her braid is done up with a snake.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18113
[x] Inquire about Yukiko
>> No. 18114
[X] Thank her for her answer
[X] Inquire about Yukiko
[X] Give description, obviously
>> No. 18115
>>"You didn't pass one on the way up? If you turn around and go down the waterfall, you'll reach a river.

[x] Talk to Meiling
-[x] "Okay, since vampires can't cross running water, you shouldn't have to worry about Remilia pursuing you. However, that still leaves Sakuya."
-[x] "There's only one surefire way to guarantee your freedom: you have to train to get stronger than her."
--[x] If she expresses incredulity/hesitation, encourage her.
--[x] Offer to help however you can.
--[x] (OPTIONAL) Training montage?

Sorry, I've got a strict list of priorities. When China is completely and truly free, THEN I'll worry about the other stuff.
>> No. 18116
File 124762985146.png- (23.89KB , 548x396 , forgot to finish her hair.png ) [iqdb]
18116
You ask her about Yukiko. Remembering that it was just a nickname, you begin to describe her.

"Yukiko?" Sanae questions. "Does she like to draw? And does she have a seal on her head?" You nod. "You nicknamed her Yukiko? That's such a cute name! I guess it could be spelt with the characters for "Play, Pray, and Child," right?" You nod. Meiling tries to put her back on topic.

"Well, she just showed up at the shrine one day and has been coming up everyday since then. She hasn't spoken a word, though. It's strange, because when she prays she just moves her lips to the words.

"I'm not sure where she lives, but it couldn't be too far considering she walks over here. She's usual very punctual as well, and stays from 6-18h. Oh, and, by the way: I think she's from the outside. She sometimes writes down words in her sketchbook, and they definitely aren't in Japanese." You thank her for her explanation.


You turn to Meiling. You inform her about the vampire taboo, and then remind her of Sakuya. You suggest that she trains so she can defend herself.

"Well..." Meiling sighs. "It's not like I'm not trained already. I used to work as their gate guard, remember? When I wasn't dealing with someone, sleeping or eating, I was usually training martial arts." You encourage her to become stronger.

"I suppose it couldn't hurt. I don't suppose that they train people here at the shrine, do they? It seems a bit unorthodox at a place of peace and serenity, but it would probably be best to train against actual people."

Flight Seal's effects have worn off.
Sakuya's Task, bake bread/serve dinner, has been completed.

COMMAND>
>--[x] (OPTIONAL) Training montage?
>Maybe after this Marisa thing gets finished... One thing lead to another, so it's coming along slower than expected.
>> No. 18117
[X] Time check
[X] Ask Sanae about the tengu, and if she knows where on the mountain Aya lives.
[X] Donate a coin or two to the shrine
[M] Also donate a coin. Not like you can buy anything with it, anyways.
[X] Ask Meiling about the disembodied voice in the mansion. Is it like Remilia's, or anyone she knows?
>> No. 18118
[X] Time check
[X] Ask Sanae about the tengu, and if she knows where on the mountain Aya lives.
[X] Donate a coin or two to the shrine
[M] Also donate a coin. Not like you can buy anything with it, anyways.
[X] Ask Meiling about the disembodied voice in the mansion. Is it like Remilia's, or anyone she knows?

[S] See if that gate guard's back in her post.
>> No. 18119
[X] Time check
[X] Ask Sanae about the tengu, and if she knows where on the mountain Aya lives.
[X] Donate a coin or two to the shrine
[M] Also donate a coin. Not like you can buy anything with it, anyways.
[X] Ask Meiling about the disembodied voice in the mansion. Is it like Remilia's, or anyone she knows?
>> No. 18121
File 124763659152.png- (24.05KB , 545x396 , lazy.png ) [iqdb]
18121
You don't have a Watch or anything, so you make a guess based on the sun's location in the sky. It is ~17h.

You turn to Sanae and ask if she knows anything about Aya Shameimaru. "The Tengu?" She responds. "I don't know much about her, sorry. Many of the Tengus live a bit farther left of the waterfall."

You donate a few coins to the Moriya Shrine.
Hong Meiling donates a few coins to the Moriya Shrine.

You ask Meiling if she knows anything about the voice back at the Scarlet Devil Mansion. "Uh, I'm not too sure," Meiling explains. "I'd assume it's Remilia, but the voice doesn't sound too similar..."


Sakuya leaves the Scarlet Devil Mansion to check up on Meiling. Hong Meiling is missing. Sakuya reports her findings to her Mistress.

You lost a few coins (3)
Meiling lost a few coins (2)

COMMAND>
>> No. 18122
[X&M] Thank Sanae for everything
[X&M] Head off to farther left of the waterfall

I'm thinking either bugging the tengu, or hunting us a meal would be good. We must be getting hungry soon...
>> No. 18123
File 124763776589.png- (22.12KB , 544x392 , h-hey.png ) [iqdb]
18123
You and Meiling both thank Sanae for all her help. You turn around and set off for just left of the waterfall.

"Ah, hey," Sanae calls out. "Are you sure you're going to be OK with walking there? This mountain is called Youkai Mountain for a reason..." She glances at the sky. "That, and the sun should be setting soon. Why don't you spend the night at the Moriya Shrine? Um, it'll be free of charge, and you can join us for dinner if you'd like."

Meiling looks at you with contempt in her eyes, but it quickly changes to confusion as she whispers to you, "'Dinner with us?' Who's 'us'?"

COMMAND>
>> No. 18124
>>18123
>Contempt
Er... Content*?
>> No. 18125
[X] "Oh, that would be very gracious of you." Smile. Be polite to your new hosts.
[X] To Meiling: "I'm sure she just has other people working in the shrine. Or other travelers like ourselves."

>>18124

She's being paranoid, I think.
>> No. 18126
File 124763961263.png- (22.11KB , 539x396 , SUDDENLY.png ) [iqdb]
18126
"Ah, wonderful!" Sanae exclaims. "Please, come with me." As you begin to walk down a winding brick path, Yukiko emerges from the bushes.

"Oh? I didn't think you were coming today. You're 12 hours late..." Taking sympathy, Sanae suggests that the small miko should stay the night as well. She catches herself, then quickly asks if that's all right with you.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18127
[X] No problems with that here!
[X] Ask Sanae how she's been, how her day was, if she has any particular plot points to bring up, or any sort of quests
>> No. 18128
[X] "No problem."
[X] Conversate with Sanae
[X] Find a way to throw in "You're a good girl."

2 goddesses, 1 semi(or all) powerless youkai, 2 mikos (one possibly undead), and a class 3 anon.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG
>> No. 18134
[X] "No problem."
[X] Conversate with Sanae
[X] Find a way to throw in "You're a good girl."
>> No. 18135
File 124767549641.png- (27.07KB , 543x398 , ogg. vorbis.png ) [iqdb]
18135
You assure Sanae that it's no problem. Sanae smiles and leads you, Meiling and Yukiko down the path to the Moriya Shrine.

You attempt to make small talk, asking about how her day had been, if anything spectacular had happened or if she had any errands for you to do.

"Um," she says, looking away. "I guess my day was alright? It was pretty uneventful. I mostly just cleaned up the shrine a bit..." You toss in that she's a good girl. "Um."

You eventually reach the shrine's entrance. Huge pillars that reach to the sky loom over you.

"Well, here we are," tells Sanae. "Before we go, any questions, comments or concerns?"

COMMAND>
>> No. 18136
[x] "Yeah, is it possible to teach Meiling and I how to fly without the use of seals?"
>> No. 18137
[x] Note to her that you are impressed with the shrine.
[x] Ask if she would be able to protect the two of you from Remilia and Co. She seems more compitent then that good for nothing miko Reimu.
>> No. 18139
File 124768266243.png- (18.19KB , 546x390 , Oh you.png ) [iqdb]
18139
[x] "Yeah, is it possible to teach Meiling and I how to fly without the use of seals?"

[x] Note to her that you are impressed with the shrine.
[x] Ask if she would be able to protect the two of you from Remilia and Co. She seems more compitent then that good for nothing miko Reimu.

You note that you're very impressed with how well kept the shrine is. You also comment on the wonderful architecture. Sanae's face turns a light shade of red. "Oh, my, well, um, thank you," she stutters. "I'm glad my hard work is being noticed."

You inquire about the ability of flight for humans. "Hmm..." Sanae thinks. "I'm sure it's possible, since that other shrine maiden learned how to. I heard she just rode around on a turtle beforehand, though. Someone here might be able to teach you, but don't take my word for it."

You ask her for some protection from the Scarlet Devil Mansion cast. "Yes, I suppose you could take refuge here for awhile. Just don't expect some sort of 'divine protection' or anything just because it's a shrine." You mention that it's at least better than what that good-for-nothing Hakurei miko can provide. Sanae looks embarrassed again.

"R-Right, um, anymore questions or should we be on our way?"

COMMAND>
>> No. 18140
[X] "Nah. Let's go inside. I'm hungry."
[M] Thank Sanae.
>> No. 18141
[X] "Nah. Let's go inside. I'm hungry."
[M] Thank Sanae.
>> No. 18142
[X] "Nah. Let's go inside. I'm hungry."
[M] Thank Sanae.

Once they are inside.

[M] Mention your wish to repay the gratitude with some work, maybe help in the kitchen to prepare the Dinner if it's not ready yet.
[X] Take it easy and examine the inside of the temple while you wait for food.
>> No. 18143
[x] >>18142
>> No. 18145
[X] "Nah. Let's go inside. I'm hungry."
[M] Thank Sanae.

Once they are inside.

[M] Mention your wish to repay the gratitude with some work, maybe help in the kitchen to prepare the Dinner if it's not ready yet.
[X] Take it easy and examine the inside of the temple while you wait for food.
>> No. 18146
File 124770174582.png- (25.14KB , 536x251 , moriya shrine.png ) [iqdb]
18146
You tell Sanae that you have nothing left to say. Meiling thanks Sanae. Sanae nods and brings you to a moderately large oriental building.

"This is technically the residential building, so you'll all be staying here. Um, we only have 4 rooms, so I was thinking Meiling and I would sleep in the same room, and then you and, um, Yukiko could sleep in the other. Does that sound alright?"

COMMAND>
>> No. 18147
>>18146

[x] "Unless Meiling has any objections, I'm alright with it."
>> No. 18148
File 124770497153.png- (19.24KB , 546x396 , Probably not drawn to scale....png ) [iqdb]
18148
You ask Meiling if she has any concerns. She doesn't.

"Wonderful!" Sanae exclaims. "Please, allow me to show you to your rooms." You enter the building. Upon entering the cramped foyer, Sanae prompts you to take off your shoes then hands you a map of the area.

"I don't expect you to get lost in here, however all the shrine's grounds can apparently get a little confusing for people without guides." She leads you to your room and asks that you take it easy for a little while as she prepares dinner. She also requests that you try to stay in your room until she calls you out.

She shuts the door and walks away with Meiling. The last thing you can hear from them is Meiling asking if she can repay them by helping with dinner.

You sit on a bed and look around the room. In the center is one of those heated tables. You've never actually seen a real one, but they're apparently rather popular. On the other side of the room is an indent in the wall where several pictures are hung. Adjacent to the left wall is another bed, and above it a window.

Yukiko lay her sketchbook on the table.

You lost Shoes
Meiling lost Shoes

COMMAND>
>> No. 18149
>>18148

[x] Take a look at the pictures.
>> No. 18150
[x] Take a look at the pictures.
[x] Kill some time wondering about the events that led you here and what could have caused your death and Cirno's
>> No. 18152
[x] Take a look at the pictures.
[x] Kill some time wondering about the events that led you here and what could have caused your death and Cirno's.
[x] Give a quick prayer to Shinki.
>> No. 18153
>>18152
[x] and the goddess of Moriya shrine.
>> No. 18154
>>18150
>>18152
>[x] Kill some time wondering about the events that led you here and what could have caused your death and Cirno's.

We're not controlling Meiling right now.
>> No. 18155
>>18154

I think he was referring to the fact that we started the game out dead? It was never really explained.
>> No. 18156
>>18154

The main character was a ghost before Komachi returned him to being a living person so it works out.
>> No. 18158
File 124771656336.png- (23.52KB , 543x396 , obvious.png ) [iqdb]
18158
You get up from your bed and examine the pictures. They`re both of the goddesses of the Moriya Shrine. Behind them are several tall pillars which appear to be over a lake.

You sit back down on your bed and lay down, collecting your thoughts. How did you get into this mess again? Wait, how did you even die in the first place? The memories from a year or two before your death are a cliché`d blur... Most of your childhood memories remain, though.

That fairy, though... The one back at the mansion. Her death is technically your fault, but it`s not like you knew she was going to be slain like that. Speaking of which, where did that spear come from? Did the maid stop time and chuck it at her? No-- she was at the Human Village. Supposing that Flandre girl was waiting for us in the kitchen, it could have been Remilia, Patchouli or Koakuma. Coincidentally, you didn't see any of them the night you were there.

You shake your head and sit up, trying to get your mind onto another topic. You decide you might as well pray; you are in a shrine, afterall. You go up to the pictures again, since it seems like the only appropriate place for doing so, and get down on your knees. You mumble a prayer or two for the Goddesses of the shrine, and then another for the creator of Makai, Shinki.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18159
[X] Talk to Yukiko, if she's in the room. Offer to pose so she can draw you!
[X] Otherwise, space out until it's dinner time.
>> No. 18160
File 124771805421.png- (55.34KB , 547x393 , sketchy.png ) [iqdb]
18160
You turn to Yukiko. You attempt to make small talk. You offer to pose so she can draw you. She lifts up her book and shows you a page. It appears she already has drawn you!

One sketch is of you examining the photos. The other is of you laying down on your bed.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18161
[X] MANLY POSE
>> No. 18163
File 124772086068.png- (81.14KB , 544x394 , GAR.png ) [iqdb]
18163
You strike a manly pose! Within a matter of minutes, Yukiko has drawn a sketch of you.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18164
[x] Rest on your bed. Maybe Meiling can teach you Martial Arts or something later.
>> No. 18165
[X] Complement Yukiko on her drawings.
[X] Offer to pose naked, if she so wishes.
[X] Otherwise, ask her if she knows how to write.
>> No. 18166
File 124772153233.png- (82.53KB , 536x395 , nnn.png ) [iqdb]
18166
You compliment Yukiko on her drawings. She nods her head in thanks. You offer to pose naked but she declines. You ask her if she can write. She takes her sketchbook and writes down "yes."

But you can`t read this, it's in English...! You know the basics, but not much past that.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18168
[X] Ask her about the amulet on her head. She can draw what it's for!
[X] Ponder aloud how much longer Meiling and Sanae are taking to cook the food...
>> No. 18169
File 124772266422.png- (15.33KB , 543x319 , eeeh to.png ) [iqdb]
18169
You ask about the seal on her forehead. She takes her sketchbook and draw in it again. She shows the picture to you. It shows a man talking. It shows another man with a seal on his head. He is not talking. Beside the picture are the words "Je ne peut parle pas."

You wonder aloud about the food.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18170
[X] Wait until dinner's ready.
>> No. 18171
[X] "Would you like some help with getting that seal off?"
>> No. 18172
[X] "Why would someone do such a thing to you? Did you see or hear something you weren't supposed to? Or was this a random act violence?
[X] "Would you like some help with getting that seal off?"
>> No. 18174
[X] "Would you like some help with getting that seal off?"
>> No. 18175
File 12477547442.png- (32.41KB , 681x496 , cant say i didnt see this coming.png ) [iqdb]
18175
You inquire about the seal and who did it. She looks down at her sketch book, solemnly. You ask if she'd like some help getting it off. She looks up and glares at you, shaking her head.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18176
[x] She looks upset. Apologize immediately.
[x] Change the subject. Maybe you should both go see if dinner is ready?

>>je ne peut parle pas
I know that "je ne parle pas Français" means "I can't speak French". What Yukiko wrote is probably a French phrasing of the question "Do you speak", which is what we asked her earlier.
So, the person in the picture ( >>18169 ) is supposed to be us, asking if she speaks. The person with the tag (Yukiko) is responding in the negative.
...Of course, I don't speak a lick of French, so feel free to correct me.

Also, consider this: there is only ONE location in Gensokyo where people would be likely to speak French. And we were there not long ago. This can't just be a coincidence.
>> No. 18178
File 124776494118.png- (14.46KB , 541x394 , DO~N.png ) [iqdb]
18178
You apologize immediately, telling her you meant nothing by it. Yukiko looks back down at her sketchbook.

There is silence throughout the room. You try to get a conversation going. You suggest that you go to see if dinner's ready. Yukiko nods and stands up. You both walk over to the door. When you try to open it, you feel another hand closing it at the same time.

Sanae appears from behind the door. "I'm sorry, did I not speak clearly enough? Please try to stay in your room until we call you for dinner." She smiles and slams the door on your fingers. You can hear her laughing and walking away on the other side of the door.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18179
[X] That was very suspicious
[X] "I think they're going to eat us."
>> No. 18180
[X] That was very suspicious
[X] "I think they're going to eat us."

This Gensokyo is out to get us...
>> No. 18181
File 124776804059.png- (21.71KB , 543x394 , hm.png ) [iqdb]
18181
Rubbing your hand, you turn to Yukiko. You explain how you think they're going to eat the two of you. Yukiko writes something down on her sketchbook and hands it to you.

Nous sommes une offrande pour la déesse? Again, it's in another language.

COMMAND>
>>18176
>You're on the right track, but not quite what it means. "Pouvoir" is the verb "To be able to," or "can." Ne/pas around a statement makes in negative, and "Parler" is the verb for "to speak." Conjugated, Pouvoir becomes peut and Parler becomes parle. So, what she wrote technically means "I can't speak."
>> No. 18182
Google translate works surprisingly well with French.
>> No. 18183
>>18181
Mm, I guess I'm a bit rusty. The ne/pas should have only gone around the peut, and the peut should actually be "Peux..."


...Oh well
>> No. 18184
[X] Hide under the bed
>> No. 18185
[x] Open the window
[x] Hide under the bed
>> No. 18186
File 124777418056.png- (7.59KB , 539x325 , Now what.png ) [iqdb]
18186
You open up the window and dive under your bed. Yukiko follows your lead and hides under hers. The heated table sits in front of you.

After waiting 15 or 20 minutes, there is a knock on your door. "Ok guys, dinner's ready!"

COMMAND>
>> No. 18188
[X] It's a trick, keep hiding.
>> No. 18190
File 124777495087.png- (9.59KB , 544x378 , nani kore!!!.png ) [iqdb]
18190
You stay silent. There's another knock.

"Hello? Anyone in there?" You can hear the door open, and then a pair of feet enter the room. Sanae's. "What the...?" She quickly runs over to window. There's a pause, and then slam against the window pane.

"Shit!" Sanae exclaims, as she runs back out the door.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18191
[X] Peek out the door
>> No. 18192
[X] Peek out the door
[X] If no one is around, quietly signal Yukiko to come out.
>> No. 18193
File 124777625157.png- (16.12KB , 546x394 , hallway.png ) [iqdb]
18193
You get out from under the bed. You peek through the door. Down one end of the hallway the exit, and beyond that is another hallway. To your left is a door that appears to lead to the kitchen. Across from you is a bathroom. There is a picture hanging at the far end of the hallway.

You motion for Yukiko to come out of hiding. She does so.

Meiling's Task, Cook Dinner, has been completed.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18194
>>"I think they're going to eat us."
>>Meiling's Task, Cook Dinner, has been completed.

FFFFFFFFFFF-

[M] Meiling, respond! Meiling! MEILIIIIIIIING!!
>> No. 18195
>>18194

How are we gonna save our game now?!
>> No. 18196
[x] Go to the kitchen
>> No. 18198
[X] Go to the kitchen.
>> No. 18199
[X] Sneak to the kitchen
>> No. 18200
[X] Screw this cautious stuff. You're a man dammit, take charge!
[X] Run into the kitchen, spear ready!
>> No. 18201
File 124777827581.png- (19.57KB , 546x393 , huh what.png ) [iqdb]
18201
You head over to the kitchen. You open the door slowly and walk in. Meiling stands at a counter, holding a pot. She is wearing a bandanna. She is wearing a Modern Shrine Maiden Getup.

"Hmm? What's up?" Meiling asks. "Didn't Sanae just call for you?"

COMMAND>
>> No. 18202
[X] "She did, but she acted weird when I wanted to go out to check on you, so I opened the window and Yukiko and I hid under the bed."
[X] "She'll be back soon. Hopefully."
[X] ....
[X] Comment on her looking cute in that.
>> No. 18204
[X] "I think Sanae is going to sacrifice us to the goddesses."
>> No. 18205
>>18202

I approve.

[X] "She did, but she acted weird when I wanted to go out to check on you, so I opened the window and Yukiko and I hid under the bed."
[X] "She'll be back soon. Hopefully."
[X] ....
[X] Comment on her looking cute in that.
>> No. 18207
[X] "I think Sanae is going to sacrifice us to the goddesses."
>> No. 18208
File 124777996758.png- (19.58KB , 544x386 , please elaborate.png ) [iqdb]
18208
You tell Meiling that she did come along, however you were hidden under the bed. When Meiling asks why, you tell her about the incident with the door.

"Did she really? Why? I didn't hear any laughing..." You explain your theory of you, Meiling and Yukiko just being a sacrifice to the Goddesses. She asks where Sanae is now, and you tell her that she ran outside somewhere once she found out you weren't there. You add in that she should be back soon, hopfully.

You comment on her nice hat. She blushes.

You can hear some footsteps coming towards the kitchen.

"Meiling, have you seen your freinds?" It calls out. It's Sanae.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18209
[M] "Yeah, they're over here!" Get to work on serving the meal.
[X] Wash hands, then go sit down at the (Western? Japanese?) table in the dining room or kitchen, as appropriate. Act cool, like you never hid under the bed.

If this shrine is afflicted by the same thing as the SDM, might as well have fun messing with her head.
>> No. 18210
[M] "Yeah, they're over here!" Get to work on serving the meal.
[X] Wash hands, then go sit down at the (Western? Japanese?) table in the dining room or kitchen, as appropriate. Act cool, like you never hid under the bed.
>> No. 18211
File 124778321484.png- (12.02KB , 544x394 , errr...png ) [iqdb]
18211
"Yeah, they're in here," Meiling calls out. The footsteps quicken until they reach the door. Sanae opens the door. She is wearing an apron.

"Huh." She sighs, looking at you, then Yukiko, then back at you. "I was just looking for you in your room, did you happen to leave?" You shake your head and claim you were in your room the whole time. She pauses, then drops the subject.

"Alright then, follow me to the dining room. Our guests might be a bit late to show up, though." She leads you and Yukiko out of the kitchen as Meiling prepares the dishes. You follow her down the hallway and through a door to the dining room. It's set up in an oriental fashion with the table low to the ground and without chairs.

She seats you on the left side and plans to have Meiling seated next to you. She seats Yukiko on the right side and plans to sit next to her. Both ends of the table are "reserved."

She leaves you and Yukiko alone as she checks up on Meiling.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18212
[X] Excuse yourself to wash hands. You were just on the ground!
[X] Then just sit in awkward silence, waiting...
>> No. 18213
[x] See if you and Meiling can uncover some more of your blurry past together.
[x] Ask Meiling about Shinki. You can saddly only remember a few details about your goddess.
>> No. 18214
[x] Ask Yukiko if she wants to try and run for it.

You guys are awfully calm considering there's a good chance of us being eaten/killed/sacrificed here.
>> No. 18215
File 124778729490.png- (20.14KB , 545x391 , gtfo this is boys only.png ) [iqdb]
18215
You excuse yourself to wash your hands. You enter the wash room and turn on the sink while lathering your hands in soap. You rinse. You look in the mirror and are shocked to see Sanae behind you.

"Why are you washing your hands? They can't be that dirty, can they? Perhaps you were recently on the floor? Maybe under a bed?"

COMMAND>
>> No. 18216
[x] "It's proper etiquette to wash your hands before a meal, isn't it?"

She may be throwing us a surprise party guys.
That's why she was so panicked when we weren't in our room. All the cake would go to waste.
>> No. 18218
File 124779007354.png- (26.25KB , 545x397 , CHICKEN AND RICE.png ) [iqdb]
18218
You turn around to make a legitimate response only to find that she's disappeared. You think to yourself that these tricks are getting pretty old.

You exit the restroom and reenter the dining room. Sanae and Meiling are putting down plates.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18219
>You turn around to make a legitimate response only to find that she's disappeared.

Okay, at this point we're dealing with a couple of dickish shapeshifting ghosts.

[x] Make a mental note to ask Sanae for a charm against evil spirits
[x] Join them for food.
>> No. 18221
[x] Ask what happened to Yukiko's seal.
>> No. 18222
>>18221

Erk--

Artist's mistake, my bad.
>> No. 18223
[X] "Hey, Sanae, you're a good girl. You wouldn't slam the door on a guy's fingers, or follow him into the bathroom, right?"
[X] "I'm just asking because someone who looks a lot like you has been doing that sort of thing."
>> No. 18224
[X] Make a mental note to ask Sanae for a charm against evil spirits
[X] Join them for food.
>> No. 18227
[X] Make a mental note to ask Sanae for a charm against evil spirits
[X] Join them for food.

The plot thickens.
>> No. 18228
File 12478018682.gif- (622.72KB , 550x400 , Marisa's Great Adventure.gif ) [iqdb]
18228
see .gif

It kinda seems... Half done... I dunno, if some of the text goes by too fast, my bad. You're not really missing much.
>> No. 18229
File 124780255377.png- (28.67KB , 546x394 , Suwako and Yasaka.png ) [iqdb]
18229
You join the group for dinner. Sanae sits across from you. You're about to dig in, but Sanae interrupts with a few words of prayer. Yukiko joins in, but, as Sanae explained, only her lips move.

There's silence in the room as you eat. You break the silence by commenting on Sanae's suspicious actions. She looks at you, confused.

"I only checked up on you once, and that was when I noticed neither of you were in your room," she explains, glancing at Meiling. "Also, I washed my hands in the kitchen; I haven't been inside the washroom for a few hours now. Meiling is my alibi." You look at Meiling. She nods in approval.

Sanae begins to ask something, but is cut off by loud shouting at the door.

"Oh, come on!" One voice yells. "That was completely unfair!"

"It's a valid tactic," the other rebuttals. "It's your fault for not preparing for it." They bicker back and forth for a little while, then Sanae jumps in and informs them of their guests.

"Oh," one says. "Sorry." You've seen a picture of this one in Yukiko's sketchbook, and on a picture in your room. It's none other than Suwako Moriya! She's in a funny looking hat, and wears a purple dress with a design of frogs on it.

The other apologizes as well. It's none other than Kanako Yasaka! She's dressed in a formal red outfit with a strange emblem on the chest. Around her neck is a necklace made of rope. Around her head is a headband made of rope.

They awkwardly join you for dinner.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18230
[X] "Your shrine is haunted."
>> No. 18231
[X] "Your shrine is haunted."
[M] Change prespective.
>> No. 18233
File 12478044016.png- (22.05KB , 543x388 , haunted huh.png ) [iqdb]
18233
You announce that the shrine is haunted. Sanae almost spits out her food.

"What?" She stutters, regaining her posture. "Our shrine is haunted?" You nod. Yukiko gives you and uneasy look. Meiling gives you and uneasy look. Suwako gives you and uneasy look. Kanako gives you and uneasy look. Sanae gives you and uneasy look. You feel uneasy.

Defaults set to Meiling.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18234
Hm.

Actually, You have two people with M as the first letter, so I guess just [M] (command) could get kind of confusing... So, [ME], [Meiling], etc. for Meiling, [MA], [Marisa], etc. for Marisa.

If it's obvious, like [M] MASTER SPARK, then you can probably leave it unspecified.
>> No. 18235
[x] "Why do you think this shrine is haunted?"
>> No. 18236
File 124780608536.png- (29.23KB , 548x396 , Curiosities_of_lotus_asia_ch01_04.png ) [iqdb]
18236
You ask your friend why he would think that it's haunted. He elaborates his thoughts.

He explains that Sanae had mysteriously popped in on him a few times. Once in the bathroom, and the other when he tried to leave his room. During the latter his fingers were apparently crushed. He goes on about if what Sanae and you say are true, then there's someone posing as Sanae, a ghost, maybe. He ends off by saying Yukiko is his witness.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18237
[X] Your friend is insane, he needs to be struck.
>> No. 18238
[X] Ask Yukiko for confirmation of his story.
>> No. 18241
[x] Consider looking for this so called doppelganger after dinner.
>> No. 18242
[X] Ask Yukiko for confirmation of his story.
[x] Consider looking for this so called doppelganger after dinner.
>> No. 18243
I wonder just how well Sakuya could disguise herself...

[X]Ask Yukiko for confirmation of his story.
>> No. 18244
[X] Ask Yukiko for confirmation of his story.
[x] Consider looking for this so called doppelganger after dinner.
>> No. 18245
[X] Your friend is insane, he needs to be struck.
>> No. 18246
>>Yukiko gives you and uneasy look. Meiling gives you and uneasy look. Suwako gives you and uneasy look. Kanako gives you and uneasy look. Sanae gives you and uneasy look. You feel uneasy.

Take it easy, guys~
>> No. 18249
File 124780947969.png- (17.43KB , 536x381 , He had it coming.png ) [iqdb]
18249
You ask Yukiko for confirmation on your friends story. She nods. Your friend looks at you, as if pleading for his sanity. You suggest that you look for this "Doppelganger" after dinner.

In the mean time, your friend is clearly insane, or horribly stressed out. You knock him unconscious.

COMMAND>
>> No. 18252
File 124780988191.gif- (16.21KB , 736x736 , lol-face.gif ) [iqdb]
18252
[ME} Wait, he hasn't finished eating the food you worked hard to help prepare yet. Wake him.
[ME] Knock him out after dinner.
[ME] Go look for the "doppelganger".
>> No. 18253
File 124781170627.png- (38.64KB , 538x398 , YOUR CALL.png ) [iqdb]
18253
You wake up your friend so that he can finish his meal. After the meal, you knock him out and put him in his room. You meet with the 4 other residents of the house.

You make plans to catch the Doppelganger. You decide to split up into 2 teams, one group of 3 and one group of 2. They decide you get to decide the teams. Who would you like on the 3 person team? Who would you like on the 2 person team?

SELECT>
3 PERSON:
[ ] Kanako
[ ] Meiling
[ ] Sanae
[ ] Suwako
[ ] Yukiko

2 PERSON:
[ ] Kanako
[ ] Meiling
[ ] Sanae
[ ] Suwako
[ ] Yukiko
>> No. 18254
[x] 3 Team
-[x] Meiling
-[x] Suwako
-[x] Yukiko

[x] 2 Team
-[x] Sanae
-[x] Kanako
>> No. 18255
File 124781432737.png- (46.53KB , 739x452 , TEAM 1.png ) [iqdb]
18255
You select the teams.

You, Suwako and Yukiko are on one team, with Sanae and Kanako on the other.

You have started Main Storyline Quest 2 - Doppelgangers.


You can now control Team 2 with "[T2] (Command)", or by typing "/team 2 (command)."
You can now change your default control to Team 2 through a basic command.
(e.g. [x] Switch control to Team 2. While using another character, [Anon] will control Anon. This also changes the perspective of the story to Team 2's)

You can now control Suwako with "[Su] (Command)", or by typing "/Suwako (command)."
You can now change your default control to Suwako through a basic command.
(e.g. [x] Switch control to Suwako. While using another character, [Anon] will control Anon. This also changes the perspective of the story to Suwako's)


You can now control Yukiko with "[Y] (Command)", or by typing "/yukiko (command)."
You can now change your default control to Yukiko through a basic command.
(e.g. [x] Switch control to Yukiko. While using another character, [Anon] will control Anon. This also changes the perspective of the story to Yukiko's)

COMMAND>
>> No. 18256
Damn, missed a whole bunch while writing. That was a very nice animation you did there. The speed wasn't too fast.

[x] 3 Team
-[x] Meiling
-[x] Suwako
-[x] Yukiko

[x] 2 Team
-[x] Sanae
-[x] Kanako

Meiling isn't as strong as before, most likely, so having her and Yukiko, whom I'm not quite sure is that powerful, with the strongest out of everyone here. Remember that Kanako had to cheat by rusting Suwako's weapons in order to defeat her.

... And now I realize I didn't look at the stat bars in the picture. Oh well.

Also, in addition, for Meiling:

[X] Check own stats. Look in Kanako's chest mirror if you have to look at your reflection.
[X] Make sure your friend is safe in bed and ask Sanae to place a seal on the room so no ghosts - if there are any there - can enter. Hopefully, at least.

Feel free to ignore if they're too much, though.
>> No. 18257
Damn I'm slow.

[Sanae] Place a protective seal on Anon to make sure he'll be safe while he's unconscious, then go with Kanako to search in the opposite direction as Team 1.

[X] Lead team out into the woods. Now, if you were a ghost, or doppelganger or whatever, where would you hide... Try using your nose.
[Y] Follow close. Also, check abilities.
[Su] Rear guard. See if you can feel vibrations through the ground using your earth-related ability.
>> No. 18259
I got a really bad feeling about leaveing anon alone like that...

[X] Maybe your friend is not raveing like a madman anymore.( His eyes got a haunted look and he started raveing about "The massacre of Pandaemonium".)
If anon still is.
[X] Make sure your friend is safe in bed and ask Sanae to place a seal on the room so no ghosts - if there are any there - can enter. Hopefully, at least.
>> No. 18260
>>18259
[X] Lead team out into the woods. Now, if you were a ghost, or doppelganger or whatever, where would you hide... Try using your nose.
[Y] Follow close. Also, check abilities.
[Su] Rear guard. See if you can feel vibrations through the ground using your earth-related ability.
>> No. 18262
File 124781722069.png- (11.96KB , 541x388 , important plot picture.png ) [iqdb]
18262
Sanae places a protective seal on your friend's room to ensure his safety. They decide that they're going to investigate around the shrine.

Team 2 sets off, so you and your team head into the woods. Suwako stays on alert and tries to detect any movement on the ground. Yukiko follows close.

Yukiko thinks of what abilities she has. She remembers that she has the manipulation of processed wood (i.e. Paper, pulp, etc.).

COMMAND>
>> No. 18263
[Sanae] Place a protective seal on Anon to make sure he'll be safe while he's unconscious, then go with Kanako to search in the opposite direction as Team 1.

[X] Lead team out into the woods. Now, if you were a ghost, or doppelganger or whatever, where would you hide... Try using your nose.
[Y] Follow close. Also, check abilities.
[Su] Rear guard. See if you can feel vibrations through the ground using your earth-related ability.
>> No. 18264
>>18259
I left this out because it left me confused. The first selection doesn't even seem to be a command?

And, now that I think about it, yeah the stats seem a little messed up. I knew Kanako one in their battle from ages ago, but I forgot it was from cunning, not sheer strength...

So, I'm not even sure if the stats will do anything, but if they do:

Suwako:
STR: |||||
INT: ||
LUK: ||

Kanako:
STR: ||||
INT: |||
LUK: ||
>> No. 18266
>>18264

I think he's trying to say that Anon should be woken up.

Either way, don't worry about the stats too much, though I do appreciate the change.

[X] Continue searching the woods carefully.
[Y] Check inventory. Any spell cards or paper on her person?
[Su] Point out the direction of anything two-legged, if any are found.
>> No. 18267
Also, thread's in autosage. I suggest making another one soon.
>> No. 18268
>>18266
I should have phrased it better.
In simple terms its. [x] see if anon is still off his rocker.
>> No. 18293
The seal on Yukiko and the seal on the door look exactly the same. I think Sanae has been bad.
>> No. 18294
>>18293

There's also the seal that Anon took off the dead guy. Gotta find a way to bring that up eventually.
>> No. 18300
note: away for 3-4 days
>> No. 18437
This is dead. I have lost all interest in the project and it was a bad idea to begin with. My drawings need to be improved greatly before I even attempt this again, as do my writing and story creation skills. There are so many plot holes and things left unexplained or just forgotten altogether it's not even funny. I was reading through the first thread earlier and found it was just so much better in many different ways-- I guess I'm just not cut out for making a long story. This story is like the shitty sequel to an otherwise great movie.

With other CYOAs doing the same thing, only better, (Jizz in Gensokyo, Giddy's CYOA, Illusion of Youmu) I felt a little more than intimidated, with good reason. The fact that 1/4 of my drawings were traced does not help. Some of my pictures look great in my eyes, but the ones that look terrible outweigh them by a lot. The only thing I really got out of this was some drawing practise, specifically with backgrounds.

This has an extremely low chance of being picked up ever again. Farewell.
>> No. 18453
>>18437

Noooo! It's a good adventure! I liked it, at least. I feel that the drawings, while perhaps not top tier, were pretty decent, but not bad. I am sorry you feel that way, but I suppose you know what you're doing. I do hope you'll come back, sooner or later.

As for drawing practice, perhaps you can try doing request. It would help you a lot, having to come up with things more or less on the fly.
>> No. 18463
>>18437

Aww. I was really liking this CYOA too.

Sure, the first version was superior... Though that may have been because it was looser and more focused on random fun than a story line. Not to say that the second run wasn't nice, but it admittedly couldn't stand against the first run.

Here's to hoping you pick this up again some time.
>> No. 18468
>>18437

Yeah it sure is terrible. There's no way this could go on for 5 threads and become popular. Nope.

Also Giddy's CYOA is dead. He never really got into it.
>> No. 18469
>>18437
Well, this kills my last reason to come to this site.
>> No. 18473
This story was one of the few reasons I ever checked /border/
>> No. 18478
>>18473

That's a shame. There's some good CYOA here
>> No. 18482
With this dead the only reason to visit /border/ now is AoD.
>> No. 18500
>>18482

What are you talking about. HLA is the shit.


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x