- [WT] [Home] [Manage]
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 197087)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 149739843054.png - (301.44KB, 2000x2000, Stop being Waldo Sukuna.png) [iqdb]
197087 No. 197087
[x] Burger it up.
-[x] Converse with Sam as you can.

— - — - —

Well, first thing's first. You need to make like a caterpillar and shed your cocoon. You're fairly certain that she broke quite a few bones in your body, so you need some food. Sam, think you can find something to eat?

Sam begins to reach for the least filling thing in the room.

Bad! No eating people! Heck, as small as she is, she'd not even be worth the trouble.

Sam droops into a puddle, making the princess gag a bit at the sight. You sigh through the bandages. Doing so hurts, so you're fairly certain at least two of your ribs are broken.

Sam, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to yell like that.

An eye stalk rises out of the puddle. The bite-sized royal jumps in place, causing you to grunt in pain. Sam helpfully demands, "Get off my nose."

She blinks, before looking down at her broken chair. "Ohh! Err... sorry." She swiftly gets off of it, and manages to trip into your eye, earning another muffled grunt. Thankfully you can at least close it.

Sam, can you show me the room? I can't really move my neck.

Sam make like a periscope, revealing that you aren't alone. ...Well, alone as you can get. It seems there's a demon or something just sitting off to the side, looking grumpy.

If that's supposed to be the grim reaper, you're pretty sure they get this a lot, but holycrapthey'reeightfeettall!

...Or somewhere in that area. Sam's eyes just aren't as weird as yours, so you only get visual information of varying degrees of boring. Kind of tunnel visiony, too. Maybe she gave you a cat eye to look through? She does seem to like being creative with her eyes. You wonder why that i—

-1DT

Okay, okay! Jeez... Stupid freaking unthinkability... Ahh! There's your stuff!

+1DT

Sam proceeds to rummage.

Shin tilts her head, though the stranger asks, "What is it, girl? Did Timmy fall down a well?" After hearing her voice, you are certain she's just big... ...everything. Well, maybe not her chest. She honestly looks almost like a man, as buff as she is.

Weird mohawk, though. Although, you like the little colored tufts. They're oddly cute.

She does look a bit angry, though. Like... seriously. Kinda intimidating, like a delinquent or crime lord or something. She wishes.

Shinmyoumaru retorts, "Why you even watch that show is beyond me." Sadly, Seija doesn't notice. You can kind of understand why the tiny girl grumbles. You imagine that happens all the time, and it probably interferes with business.

Poor thing.

You find a burger placed on your face. There's a squeak from under it.

...You may have trouble eating through the bandages, now that you think about it.

You try to open your jaw, but you find that the muscles don't really respond. ...Hey, sam?

Best blob look to you from multiple angles.

Can you eat this for me?

You don't have to tell her twice, it seems, as she scoops it back up. Ahh, wait! Not the tiny! She's on the bottom!

Sam, of course, lets out a sad sigh. She then proceeds to spit the small thing out. Well, up, if you want to be exact. She's now riding your noodle like a very large horse. Or a riding snake, maybe.

"Whoa... I feel tall..."

"Ohh, there you are." Seija plucks the slimy girl from Sam's back, shakes her out to the sound of surprisingly loud cries, and proceeds to place her on her scalp.

+10HP

Sam: -1,000HP
Sam: +4,998.5HP

The ability to move again fills you with Determination!

— - — - —

Day 4

Last Checked Time: AM 8:11:51

Renko Lv1 HP11/20 DT18/16
Base DT16.1
Sprained Ankle
Nose Dead: Lovely Aroma
Cosmic Horror


Sam Lv1 HP13997.5/9999
Snuggling Stump

121G

— - —

Equipment 35D/35MD/A̢͘͜/́M̸̛͜A̸̶͏̸̴

1 Head: Worn Sunhat Lv 1̷̢͠ 1D/1MD/A̢͘͜/́M̸̛͜A̸̶͏̸̴
2 Outfit: Bloody Mummy Costume Lv 5 0D/10MD/0A/0MA
3 Weapon: Unsharpened Chest Lv1/5D/5MD/0A/5MA
4 Foci: Mysterious Big Fan Lv1 0D/0MD/15A/15MA
5 Accessory:
[s]Left Ring
:
7 Pockets: x25 Lv2/25D/25MD/0A/0MA[/s]
8 Right Ring Arm: Sam
9 Necklace: Enchanted Fuzzy Scarf Lv1 5D/5MD/0A/0MA

— - —

Magic

0 Ice Magic26/100
-O Chill sign: Icy you and eye together 5MA[b]

3 [b]Flight Magic
0/100
-XXX No Cards Made

1 Determination1/100
-OX Determination: The hopes and dreams of the open eyes of love

— - — - —

Save?
[ ] Yes.
[ ] No.

&&&&&

[ ] Undress.
[ ] Redress.
[ ] Be unsure if you want to flirt.
[ ] Make sure Hourai isn't dead again.
[ ] Make sure you got your hats.
[ ] Write-in.
Expand all images
>> No. 197089
Act 1:
>>188147 1: Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
>>188477 2: Iron Giant
>>189365 3: Phantom Menace
>>190278 4: A New Hope
>>191322 5: Return of the Jedi
>>192352 6: Longest Yard
>>195020 7: The Clone Wars

Act 2:
>>195617 8: Six Feet Under
>>/i/740 Pictures: Memento

>> No. 197090
File 149739950841.jpg - (198.64KB, 646x800, bestfriends.jpg) [iqdb]
197090
[x] No
&&&&&
[x] Redress.
[x] Make sure Hourai isn't dead again.
[x] Make sure you got your hats.
[x] "Greetings, I'm Renko. Wandering do-gooder or trying to be anyway"
-[x] "May I ask for your names, Seija, Sukuna?"
>> No. 197102
[x] No
&&&&&
[x] Redress.
[x] Make sure Hourai isn't dead again.
[x] Make sure you got your hats.
[x] "Greetings, I'm Renko. Wandering do-gooder or trying to be anyway"
-[x] "May I ask for your names, Seija, Sukuna?"

Good Sam. Best Sam. Ampersam.
>> No. 197103
[x] No
&&&&&
[x] Redress.
[x] Make sure Hourai isn't dead again.
[x] Make sure you got your hats.
[x] "Greetings, I'm Renko. Wandering do-gooder or trying to be anyway"
-[x] "May I ask for your names, Seija, Sukuna?"

And per se Sam!
>> No. 197104
File 149760472831.jpg - (118.74KB, 850x638, NO.jpg) [iqdb]
197104
[x] No
&&&&&
[x] Redress.
[x] Make sure Hourai isn't dead again.
[x] Make sure you got your hats.
[x] "Greetings, I'm Renko. Wandering do-gooder or trying to be anyway"
-[x] "May I ask for your names, Seija, Sukuna?"

>No

You guys either have balls of steel or are going to scream when I have to step on them. I hope I never have to find out! Your balls are my favorite part of you!
>> No. 197105
>>197104
Thanks, Spacejin
>> No. 197107
File 149762815031.jpg - (223.97KB, 850x769, DON'TKISSMEIDIOT.jpg) [iqdb]
197107
[x] No
&&&&&
[x] Redress.
[x] Make sure Hourai isn't dead again.
[x] Make sure you got your hats.
[x] "Greetings, I'm Renko. Wandering do-gooder or trying to be anyway"
-[x] "May I ask for your names, Seija, Sukuna?"

— - — - —

You begin to redress, though don't undress, leaving you covered in bloody and gooey bandages, not that being gooey is anything out of the ordinary any more. Having an arm like Sam makes every situation a sticky one after all.

Why are you doing this?

Well, I mean, if you want me to run around naked, I don't think anyone would care. Better than killing everyone and the kitchen sink.

Not that. That's funny. I meant that you keep not doing that thing.

But I need to breathe?

Ugh... Whatever. Never mind.

Still, seems like a good time to check on your accidental anatomical disaster. You look around, but find her nowhere in sight. Her being only a foot tall will make this difficult, but Sukuna helped teach you to look down a bit more by potential threat of death, so it's not so hard to apply that to bigger tiny things.

Except that she's nowhere in sight.

Dang it, seems looking down wasn't enough. "Hourai, where are you?" You think you heard a tiny squeak, but it just came from Seija's little head warmer. "Yeah?" You lean in close to the scary lady, who leans away a bit. So you lean closer, leading to her leaning farther. Your noses are touching after she hits the wall, the wood creaking with her leaning. To reach the height of her head was no simple feat, as she makes you feel tiny, but flight makes everything better, obviously.

The scary lady's eyes are as wide and intimidating as can possibly be. She's sweating, oddly enough. Odd that a devil-like person would be hot, when you're comfy being toasted up by Mom's love made tangible.

The eight foot slab of woman squeaks, "Yeah?"

"Have you seen my dollfriend? She falls to pieces when I'm not careful, so I wanted to make sure she's okay."

The tiny voice atop her head squeaks out louder than her ride, "Well, at least someone learns from their mistakes." She smacks the redhead on the scalp to punctuate this. "And, to answer your question, she's in your pocket."

You look to your pockets, and find her in your back most one. Looking back to the princess of Red Mountain, you smile. "Thank you." You then proceed to pull Hourai into a hug.

A light hug.

Very light.

Very, very light.

Because you apparently break things with hugs.

After releasing, you find that Hourai is back on your face.

Shinmyoumaru pouts down at an eyebrow longer than she is tall. "Why do you never let me ride your face?

Seija explodes into coughing, apparently choking on any hope of answering that.

Wait, there's one more thing! "Ohh, right. Miss, do you know where the hats I was buying are? I wanted to make sure I did buy them."

"On your head."

You look up to your mighty stack. Sure enough, they appear to have been stacked like stones while you weren't looking, teetering just a bit. You don't hear a satisfied giggle. "Ohh. Well, umm... Hi! My name is Renko Usami! It's very nice to meet the two of you! I'm a wandering do-gooder, though I kind of suck at it! May I ask your names, Miss Shinmyoumaru and, uhh..."

Seija 100D/50MD/1000A/50MA

Cowed by someone the size of her pinkey toe.

More bark than bite.


"...Kijin?"

They blink at your question, as you seem to know the answer already. They share glances, before the mountain asks, "Can you read minds or somethin'?"

— - — - —

[ ] Try to.
-[ ] Really hard.
--[ ] Really, really hard.
---[ ] Risk a headache.
[ ] Like mother like daughter, obviously.
[ ] You have special eyes.
[ ] Change the subject.
[ ] Call Mom and ask.
[ ] Call Grandma and ask.
-[ ] Also, guilt trip her.
--[ ] Because that's the thing to do these days.
>> No. 197116
File 149766363720.gif - (1.42MB, 800x450, TakeYourTime.gif) [iqdb]
197116
[x] Like mother like daughter, obviously.
[x] Try to.
-[x] Focus
--[x] I have something
---[x] I can feel it.
[x] Call Mom and ask.

Trying too hard broke Shanghai. So let's think smarter, not harder!
>> No. 197121
[x] Like mother like daughter, obviously.
[x] Call Mom and ask.
[X] Try to.
- [X] do whatever Mom says

how psykic form
how girl get eye-pragnet
>> No. 197138
File 149779581497.jpg - (31.41KB, 239x210, Is this who it is.jpg) [iqdb]
197138
[x] Like mother like daughter, obviously.
[x] Try to.
-[x] Focus
--[x] I have something
---[x] I can feel it.
[x] Call Mom and ask.

— - — - —

"Of course I can!" They startle a bit at the claim. "...Probably. I mean, Mom ca-"

Your phone is ringing. ...Weird timing.

— - — - —

[ ] Answer it.
[ ] Don't answer and keep going. It's probably nothing important.
>> No. 197143
[x] Answer it.

The timing is just too good.
>> No. 197145
>>197138
[x] Answer it.
>> No. 197152
[x]Answer it!
>> No. 197153
It seems that updates are getting shorter and shorter every day.
>> No. 197154
>>197153
Yeah I think Renko could make a lot of these decisions on her own.
>> No. 197155
>>197153

Next one should be more of a normal size. It was a vote to continue with the vote or answer the phone, effectively.

>>197154

I suppose I'm a bit paranoid that people will complain if I don't let them decide certain things. I'll take it into consideration.
>> No. 197158
File 14979713985.png - (341.60KB, 500x519, Psycho Goat.png) [iqdb]
197158
[X] Answer it.

— - — - —

Of course you answer it. After all, you started talking about mom, and— "Little bunny, you shouldn't have internal monologues before even saying hello."

"Hello." You smile a bit.

Your mother chuckles a bit. "Now, as I doubt privacy would be easily obtained, I need you to follow a simple ruse. Do not converse normally; answer in completely unrelated positives and negatives. Can you do that for me?"

...You have a feeling you're in trouble. Her voice rings with the sound of disappointment. Sam proceeds to retract down your sleeve, mirroring how you feel.

"Of course I wore underwear today, mom. Jeez." Your response gets strange looks from your present company. Good, they're none the wiser!

"Good. I'm glad... you..." You hear the sigh of your fluffy surrogate, "Little bunny, that..." She sighs again. "...Thank you for following instructions. You did very well."

...How the heck do you say thanks? "Uhh..."

"Sorry, my mistake. I went quiet. Now, what... I'm..." She switches gears a moment. "...You're welcome, Little Bunny." Backtracking a bit, she continues, "Now, the reason I have called you is because of an issue I need to speak to you of. Please do not mention mind reading, myself, or my location. These things will... make things difficult."

...That's a little suspicious. "Alright, who stole my sock?"

Your mother sighs again, but chooses to ignore all but the proper meaning. "Thank you, little bunny. Also, I'm glad to hear that you managed to make it past that blockade without any issue. I didn't realize it was there. My apologies." Expecting the question, she answers, "I can read neither Cirno's nor Hourai's minds, as frustrating as it can be. Still, for your concerns, no. No, you cannot. My sister simply has been whispering in your ear, if I'm not mista—"

At the sound of a beep, the call ends.

"...Dang it, Auntie." You don't hear a snicker off to the side.

To be continued
>> No. 197160
Psyco goat?

You're that Satori...
>> No. 197163
File 149805557916.jpg - (353.09KB, 1600x1143, Pucker up.jpg) [iqdb]
197163
1 >>197158

— - — - —

both are equal in their confusion. You think you see the tiny mouth move, so you lean in closer.

The red woman leans away again.

"Why do you keep doing that?"

"Because you're getting too close nowSTOPITOHHGODDON'TFREAKINGKISSME!" She looks about ready to bite your head off. ...Is it possible that she's blushing? Man is that a heavy blush!

You tilt your head just as the tiny one does, though. That does raise a question; an important question, the likes of which may change everything: "Kiss you?"

Seija stares at you.

You idly consider such a thing while Sam proceed to suck face with her to the muffled sounds of alarm.

Well, that's a thing. You didn't know that would happen.

The princess proceeds to run across Sam's smiling, sticky back after hopping off of her increasingly precarious position, before jumping on your head. "Think we should help her?"

You're not sure. "...I think she's just getting kissed by Sam."

"Ohh. Okay, then."

Seija is screaming bloody — but heavily muffled — murder into your, uhh... ...You'll just call it Sam's mouth. Don't want to think about it too much.

— - — - —

[ ] Ignore it.
-[ ] Converse with the tiny.
-[ ] Just head on.
[ ] Help her.
[ ] Watch.
[ ] Commentate.
[ ] Write-in
>> No. 197164
[x] Ignore it.
-[x] Converse with the tiny.
-[x] "So, how are you doing today?"
-[x] "No hard feelings about trying to kill me, by the way. Everyone does it"
-[x] "Seija looks surprisingly approachable for someone so imposing"
-[x] "How did you end up managing a store"?
-[x] "Is the 'half off' thing an actual offer or just the name-wait I haven't paid you yet!"
[X] Enough already, let's help her.
>> No. 197179
[X] Commentate.

Sports commentator mode.
>> No. 197182
[x] Commentate.
-[x] Specifically, color commentate.
>> No. 197205
Sorry guys! I've been unable to really get on THP the whole of yesterday. Teruyo helped me, so I'm back!
>> No. 197231
File 149842080063.png - (144.59KB, 1780x1000, Terrible genuflecting fyi.png) [iqdb]
197231
I have returned! ...Again.

Sorry about that, but THP decided it didn't want me to update. Let me go post G and I'll work on this tonight. DT map in the works.

I was planning around generalized amounts, so to get exacts isn't an easy task.
>> No. 197340
File 149889872560.png - (249.13KB, 500x400, Notice me hair tie.png) [iqdb]
197340
[x] Commentate.
-[x] And then also color commentate.

I figured this would please both parties.

— - — - —

You gasp. "Such a move... Such daring! There hasn't been a kiss so bold in... ...my line of sight! This is one for the record books, folks!" The sound of smacking lips and slobbery tongue lashings fill the air, as your words pump up your arm. "And, just like that, the record is broken again! What a play! This is one for the record books as well!" ...I'm not sure if I should be amused or shake my head... "And then ____ joins in, entering the fray from, uhh... ...within!" ...I'll pass. "You hesitated." That wasn't hesitation.

"Y͡o͢͢ú͘͘'r̷͟e ̶́f͞u̴͢n͢.́͠" The sound of giggles don't fill the air, nor do you snicker with them.

"What's this?! Sam has her pinned! Is this the end? Will this decide things?! Seija seems to be returning it! Sam was tossed into the a— WAGH!!"

You, of course, go flying along with her.

"WAGH!" Shinmyoumaru, too.

With Sam stuck to the ceiling, you dangle beneath her. "What an upset! What a way to— Wait! Wait, no! Sam left behind a bit of herself that's still kissing Seija!" The crowd's going wild! And by that, you mean the princess. "She's trying to pull it off, but everyone in the audience knows that this is Sam's signature move! Or it is now, anyways! She's already been kissed!! Savage Sam has never lost a match, and she's not starting now!" Sam gives you a flat stare as she sucks face, three and a half sets of eyes looking at you funny. "...Sorry." Using the distraction, Seija grabs the blob of a blob of a blob, and flings her at the wall with a wet smack.

It's weird that you could still feel the kissing, even with that bit of Sam disconnected from her.

Seija opens her mouth to speak, but Sam latches onto her properly, taking advantage of her open mouth with gusto.

Tastes kind of like angry.

"Ohh my..." The princess seems in awe.

Continuing from where you left off, you shout, "That's right, folks! Ohh my! That technique! That strategy! That oral prowess!" Switching gears, you explain, "I've never seen such a creative use of a tongue... To employ three mouths might seem completely mundane to the folks at home, but there's not one mirror involved!"

With a roar, Seija punches Sam through the wall, causing you to fall to the ground.

-9000HP

Looking to your Sam, you find her to be missing, nothing but a boring stump in her place.

To be continued...
>> No. 197345
File 149893349439.jpg - (146.31KB, 750x422, Are we to be a puppet.jpg) [iqdb]
197345
-1HP
+999HP

You wince, grabbing your shoulder. "Oww..."

-1HP
+999HP

"Oww!" You look to your stump, finding a third mini-Sam harpooning to your stu

-1HP
+999HP

"Oww! Sam, quit that!"

The remaining seven whine about not being allowed to have fun, or so you imagine. You feel a little sad about ruining their fun, but you don't want to be Swiss cheese. You don't even like Swiss cheese, let alone want to be able to identify with it.

"Just do it like Spiderman, not Scorpion!"

They begin to punch your stump with blunt — and more importantly, sticky — harpoons.

+5DT

Then they just sit there, hopping to try and swing. Repeatedly

You snicker a bit. Is this how Mom feels while watching you? "But reel yourselves in, like a really bad Scorpion."

They make gurgles of a more happy tone, before you find seven blobs flinging themselves bodily at you, like a particularly sticky family reunion.

+6993HP

The peanut gallery of your hat comments, "Your arm's really strange."

"What arm? I just have a Sam." You smile, petting the Sam you're glad is okay. She purrs wetly for your trouble, snuggling you hand and totally not considering eating it, because that'd just be mean.

She then very slowly releases your hand, averting various eyes in multiple directions, the purring quieting.

Okay, so maybe she was considering it, but you're probably delicious, so you forgive her so long as she doesn't do it. And then the purring returns, as well as the clinging. Reminds you of a cat covered in hot tar.

May that cat rest in peace.

You look to Seija, and pull the Mini-sam off her face with Sam proper with a loud rip sound kinda like duct tape. Ouch.

She doesn't seem sure if she should hit you or thank you.

"Where did you even find that stupid blob?"

You and Sam tilt your head. "What do you mean?"

"The Rumias vanished around 15 years ago." Well, that makes sense. She did seem to be sealed to questionable effectivene—

"Wait, Rumias?"

"Yeah, they were kinda annoying. Some sort of giant amoeba hive mind sorta thing. They were really hard to deal with. I'd call them"

"I only found one huge one."

The princess mutters, "Maybe they'll try to eat people bigger than me, then..."

You give Sam a flat look. Wait, if they're a hive mind, doesn't that mean that she knows all this?

Sam forms lips for the express purpose of whistling innocently. Something smells fishy.

Ignoring your own funk you keep hearing about.

— - — - —

[ ] Question Sam.
[ ] Don't question Sam.
[ ] Question... Write-in.
[ ] Call someone and question them. Write-in.
-[ ] Attempt to get in contact with Rumia. Somehow.
>> No. 197346
[x] Question Sam.
[x] Call someone and question them. Mom.
-[x] Attempt to get in contact with Rumia. Somehow. (isn't she with her anyway?)

Ah, the blob thickens.
>> No. 197355
[x] Question Sam.
[x] Call someone and question them. Mom.
-[x] Awkwardly flirt. MUST EMBARRASS.
-[x] Attempt to get in contact with Rumia. Somehow. (isn't she with her anyway?)

Never forget priorities.
>> No. 197374
File 149916108921.png - (402.72KB, 724x733, Gimme a week or two.png) [iqdb]
197374
As I've been neglecting Dark Tidings and really neglecting No Such Thing as Ghosts, I'm going to make things right.

Until they both hit thread 9 have felt an adequate amount of love, they shall be my focus. This may get the occasional update during this period, but don't get your hopes up.

How long will this period last? At the very least, until I actually update both. Potentially longer, as just writing nothing but this can get a bit tiresome. A break would be wonderful, short or otherwise.
>> No. 197453
>>197374
Uh, I was wondering what was up with the lack of updates.

I blame heartache popping up in my recommended list.
I realize why you never included a direct fight vs Toriel btw: I imagine writing an update about Renko standing still for an hour wouldn't be much fun.
>> No. 197454
>>197453

Just a short break to work on my neglected stories. I've just been a wee bit busy.

Although, I originally intended Satoriel to fight you. However, you proved yourself to her enough that she hesitated in testing you, instead using yours and her fears.
>> No. 197492
File 150030032662.png - (470.42KB, 2000x2000, I spent way too much time on this.png) [iqdb]
197492
[x] Question Sam.
[x] Call someone and question them. Mom.
-[x] Awkwardly flirt. MUST EMBARRASS.
-[x] Attempt to get in contact with Rumia. Somehow. (isn't she with her anyway?)

— - — - —

"Sam?" Your Sam ceases its whistling, two thirds of her eyes moving to you, while the rest avert. "You look like you know something that you aren't saying." She very slowly retracts up your sleeve in a plea to escape your obviously formidable wrath. "Sam, stop that. What's all this about hive minds?"

Your Sam stops, her eyes meeting with her own, before she becomes a bit drippier, sucking into your damp sleeve. However, you then remember the whole mind reading thing. ...Are you hooked to the hive mind? ...If only you had a way to dig in her head as well.

Still, while you can't, there's someone who certainly can. You pull out your phone just in time for it to start ringing. "Err... Let me take this." You head out of the room, though don't travel far. Maybe now you won't have to speak in code. Finally accepting the call on the sixth ring, you answer, "Mom?"

"Hello again, Little Bunny. I saw that you were in need of a bit of assistance in my area of expertise, and so decided to call. However, all I can do is tell you that her mind is more a distorted echo of your own mind than anything. Though, while it is an echo, the instincts do remain."

"Ohh." Thinking fast, you ask the obvious question: "Can I wear underpants?"

Your mother lets out a sigh, answering, "Yes, Little Bunny. Yes, you may speak. None of them were listening in when I last heard."

"Alright. Umm... What does that mean exactly?" You're more than a little confused about the specifics.

"Well, it's simple. You have a shoggoth stuck to you."

"Ohh." ...That seems significantly better than you had been worrying about. "So I'm not turning into one?"

"Correct."

"Ehh?!"

"...As in you are not turning into one." She lets out a sigh, adding, "You are more or less in symbiosis with a bit of Rumia. She felt a bit bad over eating your arm like that, you see."

"Well... at least she's sorry."

You hear the snort of your mother. "Yes, that's a word for it. As for talking to her, I can just give you her number."

...She has a phone? ...Where would she keep it?? "Err... sssure...?"

"Seven."

...You're never gonna get used to that. "Monsters sure must have a small phone book..."

Chuckling, Mom corrects, "More that Rika tinkers with the phone service. Outside of this place, a more complex number system is the norm, you see."

"Ahh, I see."

"Still, anything else, Little Bunny?" You can practically hear the smile falter. "...Aside from—


"So, how you doin', hot momma?"

You hear what sounds suspiciously like a pawlm meeting the fluffiest face of them all. It sounds like getting hit in the face with a pillow. "Goodness, Little Bunny. You're as terrible as ever, I see." She does sound more than a little amused, though. Score! "I'm glad you three are eating well at lea—" She chuckles, before continuing, "And no casualties, too. Such a good girl. ...N-not that I was expecting otherwise, of course." Sighing, she goes quiet a moment. However, she does eventually add, "I... miss you, Little Bunny."

You beam, happy to hear that it's mutual. "I miss you, too, Mom."

"...Erm..." It sounds like there is something she wants to say, but she instead says, "I suppose I shall leave you to getting in touch with Rumia. ...I love you, Little bunny. Goodbye."

You grin, happy to hear the words. "Bye, Mom. Love you, too."

And, with that, she hangs up.

The love of your mother fills you with Determination!

— - — - —

Save?

[ ] Yes.
[ ] No.

&&&&&

Keep on current vote path?
[ ] Call Rumia.
[ ] Don't call Rumia.
-[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 197496
[x] No
[x] Call Rumia
>> No. 197544
[X] Call Rumia.
>> No. 197545
[x] No

No fucking way we'll lose our last connection to mother. No: we'll tell her of our adventures if we die, recover our mental health, and try again.

Like Archer, Sumireko failed because she tried to do it all alone. At least, that's what I think.
Well that, and because he decided to kill just for fun...

[x] Call Rumia.

I have no clue what we'll do if we don't call her.
>> No. 197549
File 15011568556.jpg - (177.64KB, 634x697, Pretend her face is swampy.jpg) [iqdb]
197549
[x] No
&
[x] Call Rumia

— - — - —

Punching in the number, you place the phone to your ear. The ringing stops, and you hear what sounds like a fish tank. "Uhh... Hello?"

There's a chirpy giggle, followed by, "Uhh... Hello?"

"...Echo?"

"...Echo-echo-cho-o!"

You snicker a bit at that, asking, "Hi again, Rumia."

You hear a chime-like snicker. "Hi again, Rumia."

You let out a gasp of shock, questioning, "So it was true?! All this time I've been a puppet controlled by you?!"

"So it was tru— Wait, what?"

"You! You're a hive mind! And you stuck some of you to me!"

"But I'm just me? Well, I was me. Then I became me!"

Her answer gives you pause, as that seemed a bit weird. "Huh?"

She repeats, "But I'm just me? Well, I was me. Then I became—"

"No, I heard you. I just didn't understand that."

You hear what sounds like a pig snort. "I didn't think until I ate this weird shiny thing over by the Genbu Waterfalls~"

"The what?"

"It's a ravine with tons of waterfalls~ It's where the Kappa lives. Avoid it~"

"A kappa? Like, one of those river spirits that pulls... your..." ...That might be uncomfortable.

"Yeah~"

"So, I'm not turning into some kind of eyeball blob?"

"You would be cute eyeball blob, but no~" You blush a bit at what may or may not be a compliment. You'll take it, though!

"And you aren't manipulating me?"

"Nope~"

Sam rubs the back of your neck, as you feel like you jumped the gun a bit. Seriously, that was super suspicious. "And how is Mom?"

"Mom is petting~ It feels goooooooooooood~" You hear a gurgling purr on the other end. ...You're a little tempted to find something to jump off of just to get more pettings.

After a few seconds of purring from Rumia, you faintly hear Mom scold, "If you do, I will bring out a rolled up newspaper, Little bunny."

Ohhgodno. "S-sorry, Mom! Umm... bye! Love you both, Fluff momma and cute... chunk!"

"You may want to work on a better nickname for her, Little bunny."

"Sorry..." With that, you hang up. Does Rumia live with Mom now? Sam grows a second shoulder for the express purpose of shrugging. You stroke Sam a bit, earning a sloppy purr while you consider your options. Your leg also kicks a bit, what with sorta feeling it.

— - — - —

[ ] Ask if you can spend the night. A look out the window, through the ice and at the sky (or whatever it is) indicates that it's 11:29 PM.
[ ] It's time you get going. You need to find the telebrella and the crazy not-human.
[ ] Try to guilt trip Shinmyoumaru for supplies.
-[ ] Or maybe just ask nicely.
[ ] Head out before they notice. Now's a good opportunity.
[ ] Remember that you have a doll on your face and chat her up.
-[ ] Or call her, so that she feels included.
--[ ] And, as you are pretty sure she has no phone, use Sam as one.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 197550
File 150116101184.jpg - (336.53KB, 850x604, __maribel_hearn_shanghai_doll_and_usami_renko_touh.jpg) [iqdb]
197550
[x] Ask if you can spend the night. A look out the window, through the ice and at the sky (or whatever it is) indicates that it's 11:29 PM.
[X] Try to guilt trip Shinmyoumaru for supplies.
-[x] Or maybe just ask nicely.
[X] Remember that you have a doll on your face and chat her up.
-[x] Or call her, so that she feels included.
--[x] And, as you are pretty sure she has no phone, use Sam as one.

So then, what was that dream? It is a given that it is meaningful and that we are not being lied at. Then maybe that Renko is overreacting?

Wait, why don't we ask?

[X] Ask for your better half for her opinion on Sam
-[x] And about that thing you were going to talk with her about. Y'know the thing before you got Shanghai'd (or Hourai'd?) by the Umbrella.

After all, even though it is snowing,
When the sun shines, we'll shine together
Told you I'll be here forever
That I'll always be your friend
Took an oath I'm a stick it out 'till the end
Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we'll still have each other
You can stand under my umbrella
You can stand under my umbrella
You can stand under my umbrella
>> No. 197558
[x] Ask if you can spend the night. A look out the window, through the ice and at the sky (or whatever it is) indicates that it's 11:29 PM.
[X] Try to guilt trip Shinmyoumaru for supplies.
-[x] Or maybe just ask nicely.
[X] Remember that you have a doll on your face and chat her up.
-[x] Or call her, so that she feels included.
--[x] And, as you are pretty sure she has no phone, use Sam as one.

So then, what was that dream? It is a given that it is meaningful and that we are not being lied at. Then maybe that Renko is overreacting?

Wait, why don't we ask?

[X] Ask for your better half for her opinion on Sam
-[x] And about that thing you were going to talk with her about. Y'know the thing before you got Shanghai'd (or Hourai'd?) by the Umbrella.
>> No. 197559
>>197558
I believe that this looks interesting enough. Better than what I could come up with in a short time.

[x] THIS
>> No. 197562
File 150161810222.jpg - (6.08KB, 51x71, Pretty much to scale.jpg) [iqdb]
197562
[1] Ask if you can spend the night. A look out the window, through the ice and at the sky (or whatever it is) indicates that it's 11:29 PM.
[1] Try to guilt trip Shinmyoumaru for supplies.
-[1] Or maybe just ask nicely.
[1] Remember that you have a doll on your face and chat her up.
-[1] Or call her, so that she feels included.
--[1] And, as you are pretty sure she has no phone, use Sam as one.
[2] What was that dream? It is a given that it is meaningful and that we are not being lied to? Or maybe we're just overreacting? Wait, why don't we ask?
-[2] Ask for your better half for her opinion on Sam
--[2] And about that thing you were going to talk with her about. Y'know the thing before you got Shanghai'd (or Hourai'd?) by the Umbrella.

The number indicates when it will be covered.

— - — - —

You blink, surprised at how much time seems to have passed. Were you really out for so long? Telebrella and her sister can wait for now; if people steal souls by day, what other heinous acts might they do at night? Stealing kisses? Or even worse still, murder?!

Peeking your head back into the room you came from, you ask, "Hey, uhh... Miss Seija, Miss Shinmyoumaru, can I maybe stay the night...? It's, umm... kind of dark out, and I'm a little scared to go wandering about at night."

The oni or whatever she is raises a brow, and opens her mouth to respond. However, her jaw snaps shut with an audible click, and she glare at her mohawk. "So what if I'm inside?" While you look at her strangely, she continues, aimed at you this time, "That's up to the little shot glass." Atop her head, said tiny woman puffs out her cheeks and smacks her with that hammer of hers. Lucky for you, Sam has very good reflexes it seems, as she catches the falling women. After a moment, they begin to follow an unseen current up to your shoulder.

Shinmyoumaru giggles a bit. "Wow, that was fun! Can we do it again?" Sam complies, spitting them into the air to the faint shriek of the perpetually grumpy one, as well as a cry of glee from the shotglass herself. Once more they arrive at your shoulder. "Yes, you may certainly stay the night! Company that actually is considerate is so very rare these days."

"HEY!"

Ignoring Ms. Datedhaircut, Shinmyoumaru continues, "Although, if you don't mind, can you help me into bed? I don't want to waste hammer power on getting big just for that. It's bad enough needing to stay small."

Tilting your head, you ask, "Why do you need to?" Maybe she's allergic to being tall. As weird as this place is, you could see it! Idiot. Ohh! You're back! I never left. Ohh.

You think you see the tiny brow of the tiny princess twitch a bit. "Well, 'some' people can't tell the difference between a four foot tall inchling and a human."

"I keep tellin' you that you look the exact same, you idiot."

"We do not! Humans are as big as oni,—"

"No they aren't. Not even half as big."

"—and their skin is a myriad of different colors!"

"Only one at a time!"

"And I hear that they have hair everywhere!"

"That wasn't literal, you freaking..." Seija growls, sounding like she's had enough of this. "Fine. Whatever. Totally different." Then again, she always seems to sound that way, far as you've seen. ...Do monsters have periods? She sounds like what you'd expect if they did.

Deciding now to be a good time to chime in, you say, "Uhh... s-so! Where is your bed?"

The inchling says, "Ohh, it's the one you were sleeping on! We can share!"

"Ohh." ...Bigger than you expected. "...Okay." You turn around and set her down.

Quest Completed!

You then climb in with her, not quite sure what else to do. You do take off your shoes, however. It felt rude already to wear them inside, but to wear them in bed would be as rude as it is uncomfortable! Which is to say extremely rude!

Soon, the f̢o̸ur͡ of you are on the bed, Seija looking more than a little awkward at being hugged by a doll as if she were a doll.

While you're all still settling down, you quietly ask, "Umm... Miss Shinmyoumaru, ma'am sir madam lady lord and kindest of all monsters?"

"Err... yes?" You think buttering her up is working, with how she's blushing.

"Can I maybe — if you are feeling especially kind and only a little bit sweeter than normal — have some supplies to help me get home in the morning?" Surely you can't stay in this wonderful land of nice creatures trying to kill you for reasons, right? "I got a little separated from my..." ...What do you call a telebrella? "...babysitter, and am kind of lost..."

She frowns a bit. Ohh no, you didn't use enough butter! Now it'll turn out like Grandma's birthday cake! She's gonna— "Alright."

"...Thanks." You smile, happy to not be hit again. "G'night."

"Goodnight."

After a bit, you snake Sam towards Hourai's ear, forming a mouth more by intention than not. The end becomes shaped like one of those neat old wall-mounted phones, a length of coiled not-wire connecting it to your Sam.

Hourai's head suddenly spins backwards when the phone mouth connects, earning a jolt from you and Sam. It messes up the semi-solid phone, as it's now twisted around her head, but you feel it should work just as well as otherwise. It's not like you made complicated circuitry or anything, right? That'd be weird. "Ahmm... Haiy!" Your lips don't move, though your other set flap. It feels weird and yet easy, as if they are pure muscle. The hard part is talking through it. You feel air rushing through a hole that opened up in the side. If you really tried, you have a feeling you could do this better, but this'll do. "Ahh thot yuh mayt beh a beet sahd und thot yuh weren't geetting loovin!"

Hourai tilts her gooped up head. Seija looks to be trying very hard to pretend to sleep, snores and all.

"Sorreh. Godneet."

Hourai nods, before spinning her head back. Thankfully it doesn't pop off again, as she untwisted Sam from her by doing so, which allows her to retract easily.

To be continued...
>> No. 197563
File 150164612035.png - (10.47KB, 333x461, Everything but what she wants.png) [iqdb]
197563
>>197562 Part 1

[2] What was that dream? It is a given that it is meaningful and that we are not being lied to? Or maybe we're just overreacting? Wait, why don't we ask?
-[2] Ask for your better half for her opinion on Sam
--[2] And about that thing you were going to talk with her about. Y'know the thing before you got Shanghai'd (or Hourai'd?) by the Umbrella.

— - — - —

...Hey, Sam?

Your arm looks to you, her fresh brow being risen.

What was that dream about last night?

She once more grows a second shoulder simply to give a shrug.

...Well, that was helpful.

...Hey, ____? What? Trying to sleep... ...You sleep?? Nevermind. What is it? About to do something to try and get yourself killed for the umpteenth time? Maybe later. For now, I wanted to ask you something. Well, go ahead...? Assuming I care enough to answer. Well, I was wondering what you think of Sam. Probably gonna eat you or something like that down the road. Maybe. ...Hell if I know. Now let's sleep. ...What about that thing from earlier? Huh? Cirno and the queen and stuff.

Heh. ...Those were interesting times. Real interesting... What happened? Well... Let's just say long live the queen. ...But the queen's dead. That... isn't what I meant. But you said— I know what I said. When the queen dies, there's not some weird void left behind. The next in line gets the job. ...That seems really weird.

Yeah, well, humans are weirder. ...Still, that kill was interesting. Y'see, after we killed everyone again, and again and again, the chicken begged me to let her stop. As if I was the monster. ...Well, figuratively. I mean, your good ol' granny was human, so... ...never mind. Heh. I didn't make her do a damn thing. I didn't have to — not till the third time, anyways. She was so tired of it all, and angry that people kept killing for her. Kept dying for her. She was sick of it, and wanted to take out her frustration on something. So, she played god, and found she liked the feeling. No matter who she faced, with enough Determination, she broke through. Was like a game to her. Ohh, but she paid such a high price for her actions...

She made me realize just what to do when she killed my sister. She made me realize how good it felt to see it happen...

— - — - —

[ ] Ask about the queen.
[ ] Ask about Grandma.
[ ] Ask about her sister.
[ ] Ask about the price paid.
[ ] Go to sleep.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 197564
[x] Ask about her sister
[X] Ask about the price paid

Another cyoa (in SDM) fucked us over for not caring enough to search for the truth, so I think we made the right call in asking... Or so I keep telling myself.
>> No. 197583
Calling the vote tonight. One vote is not much to work with, so I would prefer more.
>> No. 197585
>Another cyoa (in SDM) fucked us over for not caring enough to search for the truth, so I think we made the right call in asking... Or so I keep telling myself.

Rather would regret asking than regret not asking, in the end.

[x] Ask about sister.
[x] Ask about price paid.
[x] Ask about Queen.
>> No. 197586
[x] Ask about sister.
[x] Ask about price paid.
[x] Ask about Queen.
>> No. 197589
File 150192742996.jpg - (222.42KB, 658x698, Plot Discovered.jpg) [iqdb]
197589
[x] Ask about sister.
[x] Ask about price paid.
[x] Ask about Queen

— - — - —

Your sister...? Yeah. Y'know, the triclops. ...Mom?? Yeah. Her. ...Are you Koishi? I thought you were, then I thought you weren't, then I thought you were, then I thought you weren— Shut up. Me? Koishi? D̗̘̟̱o̲̱͇̭͉̲ ̯͎̩̙͟I͎ ̛̺̩̱̯͖̤s͕͇̪͇o͙̱̱̩̘̮u͕͟n̷̲̰d ̸̬̻ļ̭̮͕i̜̫͡k̜̭̱͖e̯̜̫͞ ̪̮̥̙ͅa̦̤̻̹͚͘ͅ ͓̥͙͡K͞o̕is͜h͖̯͠i̜̜ ͠t͠o̼̬̫͖͟ ̻̗̻̣͓̙͍̀y̢̪͉͖̜͙o̻̺̗̮̰͖u̲̭̩̙?̡̝̫

...Well, yes, actually. Well, you'd be stupid to think that. She's as much my sister as the poodle. Poodle? Fluff mom, wampa mom, fluff mama, goat mom... Whatever you want to call your precious murderer... Murderer!? She's hiding for a reason, kid. Why don't you ask her to explain herself. I'm many things, but a tattle isn't one. Not a complete one, anyways...

You gulp at the claim. Is Mom some horrible monster? Maybe worse than Grandma? Objectively? No. Ohh, goo— But that she doesn't forgive your granny makes her a hypocrite of the highest order. ...Ohh. ...Greeeeat.

Wait, what was that about a high price? ...Heheh... ...I don't think I like the sound of that laugh. When all was dust, and only she left, I snatched up my partner's soul. She showed me that, in this world, it truly is kill or be killed. I don't know who else remembers it all, but you humans tend to, at least to a degree. Ohh, if Rika knew what her best friend did... Bad enough being abandoned by her, but to know that the worse monster between them is the human? Please don't tell her. I like when she's happy. Hey, now. I'm a murderer, not cruel. I make my cuts clean and my kills quick. ...Somehow that's comforting.

...What about the queen...? Hmm...? I wanna ask about the queen. Why are you asking me...? I'm not her mom or... something... Huh?? Ask her out yourself... Zzz...

Ohh. ...Seems she fell asleep.

Well, as you can't think of anything else to do, seems you should join her.
>> No. 197593
File 150196729479.jpg - (598.03KB, 900x1259, __komeiji_satori_touhou_drawn_by_hasunokaeru__1afa.jpg) [iqdb]
197593
So, Satori has a second sister? Or is this another part of herself? No, monsters cannot exist without souls.

Then, whose soul does she have right now? Frisk's? I'm really confused.

Goat mom...
>> No. 197594
File 150197740723.png - (1.00MB, 740x1300, Why are you here.png) [iqdb]
197594
Happily, you munch on a sandwich.

Happily, Sam does, too.

Mari, on the other hand, seems to be distracted. Her eyes are focused on your best arm as the two of you eat. "Erm... Renko, what's that on your arm?"

"Hmm?" Your arm and you share a glance. "What's on my arm?" Is it a spider?

Mari can't seem to help but stare at you incredulously. "Your arm has eyes on it and is eating a sandwich."

"Well, yeah. Isn't it supposed to?"

"No!?"

Sam droops dejectedly, sad to be rejected by the closest thing to family you have. "Hey, that's not nice. Sam is as much my arm as my other arm was." ...Was? What other arm...?

Mari rubs her temples. "...Wait, was? When did... ...What?? What happened to your other arm and when?! You had it not even five minutes ago!"

"Other arm?"

"Your normal arm! The one that doesn't drip all over my quilt!" Mari huffs a bit, seeming oddly upset. Other arm...?

— - — - —

[ ] Flirt. Why would you flirt with Mari? She gets so mad she goes red in the face and runs off!
[ ] Check. She might get more upset than already if you stare there.
[ ] Call Only people you'd call are Grandma and Mari's mom. ...Makes you wonder why you even brought your phone, honestly.
[ ] Remember...
-[ ] But what? Everything seems so fuzzy.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 197597
Oh fuck, are we even Renko?
>> No. 197604
>>197597

Well, looks like we are Renko, but dream!Renko. We might be having one of those anxiety dreams since we're stressing out so much over Sam and Flufftori.

But is this supposed to be some sort of prophetic dream, or are our lack of other appendages just a function of that same anxiety.

Also, supposition. Does this Mari have a crush on Renko (hence being red and running away), or is she just offended at Renko and her philandering ways? Food for thought later on.

[x] Remember...
-[x] Body parts. What happened to all of them.
-[x] Is your head screwed on? You'd lose it if it weren't.
>> No. 197609
>>197597

Of course! Now if only Renko didn't have her head in the clouds.
>> No. 197634
[x] Remember...
-[x] What happened to your left arm anyway? You won't be able to put your wedding ring without your left arm!
-[x] Maybe you got some sandwich in you? Ask for a mirror.

Mothers ARE scary.
>> No. 197640
File 150262617390.jpg - (800.12KB, 1600x900, SOLAR FLARE.jpg) [iqdb]
197640
[X] Remember...
-[X] Body parts. What happened to all of them.
-[X] Is your head screwed on? You'd lose it if it weren't.
-[X] What happened to your left arm anyway? You won't be able to put your wedding ring without your left arm!
-[X] Maybe you got some sandwich in you? Ask for a mirror.

— - — - —

Wait.

Wait, you have it now! You know what's missing!

Your hat seems to be missing; it's your most important body part of all, and for it to be missing is a terrible problem indeed! ...Wait, no. No, that seems off. Maybe your legs are missing?

Nope. Not your legs. You couldn't stand yourself without them. ...Your sense of humor seems fine as well. Twisting your neck, you find it pops in a decidedly healthy way, too! Mari's wincing, but you'll ignore that. Seems your head is indeed screwed on correctly! Ohh, had it not been, you'd be in a lot of trouble. After all, Grandma would be quite angry if you lost your head. She gave to to you, right? Of course she would be!

Wait! "Sam, get off my arm! I have a perfectly good stump on the other side for you to snuggle up to!" Wait, no you don't? "GACK" Okay, now you do. ...That felt oddly painless, though, having your arm bitten off and slapped onto the other side like that.

Oww!

You pick up a sign that fell from the sky, looking it over.

Sorry.

Love, Doremy.

PS: Complaints can be taken toll free at 0-YOU-ARE-COOL.


Well, that's... different. You're just gonna... ignore that someone has power over your limbs and instead smile at their high opinion of you. Also at the fact that the moment you look back, your left arm is spick and span. Not even a little gooed up, either! Sam still looks pleasantly full, however, in that she's gone a bit limp and is now chubby. It's like she's pregnant! ...Wait, that's not a good things

Mari looks more than a bit disturbed. "This isn't how you're—" She clamps her mouth shut, before sighing. "Renko, what's happening? Is everything okay...?"

Well, how can you lie to Mari? "I don't know. ...Maybe we should just get back to the picnic?"

Mari stares at you incredulously. "...You know what? Okay. Fine, sure. We can eat."

You smile a bit, sitting down on the blanket. You feel as if something isn't quite right with this situation, but you can't seem to place it. "Can I have a mirror, though? I think something might be in my me."

"In your what?"

"Hmm?"

"...Never mind, Renko." She lets out a sigh, offering a mirror.

— - — - —

[ ] Call toll free! The best kind of toll!
[ ] Have some sandwiches! The best kind of witches!
[ ] Hug some Mari! The best part of Mari!
[ ] Write-in.

My brain feels a little fried right now, so I'm sorry for the halfbaked options. Also, I only just now realized the issue: I've been drawing her from my perspective, not hers. I feel like an idiot now...

Anyways, G needs votes for a bonus update if you read it.
>> No. 197645
File 150264811358.jpg - (719.61KB, 1600x900, eaten by a nue.jpg) [iqdb]
197645
[x] Hug some Mari! The best part of Mari!
-[x] Explain how you got Sam. Err, if you remember it.
[x] Call toll free! The best kind of toll!
-[x] With that name she must be Dreamy!

Ah, that's the 'Emotional Skyscraper' image from the House Set of Trojan Green Asteroid! Are we a savior of something? Of Gensokyo, hopefully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd-dsWHg6ZQ#t=32m25s
>> No. 197650
[x] Hug some Mari! The best part of Mari!
-[x] Explain how you got Sam. Err, if you remember it.
[x] Call toll free! The best kind of toll!
-[x] With that name she must be Dreamy!

This will do. ...also, I see we can't stop flirting.
>> No. 197651
File 15026990204.jpg - (148.22KB, 850x478, OHHGODWHATISTHAT.jpg) [iqdb]
197651
Now, I know what you may be wondering. DT is next, right? Not quite yet. I need to repair the tracks on this rail car, so forgive me for railroading you guys a bit.

Although, the upcoming bit was basically exactly as planned, but still.

This story lacks focus, so I'll give it some. I'll give it more focus than it has room for, in fact. Now, as I no longer have room for this picture... have the next update's old picture. I'm gonna go write now.
>> No. 197654
>>197651
Those words hardly precede something good, but given your track record, I'll remain cautiously optimistic
>> No. 197656
File 150270904277.jpg - (283.52KB, 374x522, NOT THE BALLS AWRWRWRW.jpg) [iqdb]
197656
[x] Hug some Mari! The best part of Mari!
-[x] Explain how you got Sam. Err, if you remember it.
[x] Call toll free! The best kind of toll!
-[x] With that name she must be Dreamy!

— - — - —

Your right arm limply whips Mari over to you, earning a yelp from her as it tightly coils around her. With its squishy nature, though, Sam only seems to cause discomfort and not broken everything. "Well, as for the subject of Best Arm, I don't really remember too well" After Mari sighs, you continue on to add, "Buuuuuut... she totally bit my arm off and stuck some Sam to me. Rumia, that is. She's a really nice shoggoth. Didn't even eat me! ...Well, most of me. I mean, an arm is, what, 10% of me? That's a really good amount to still have, after dealing with a hungry shoggoth!"

"Wait, this is part of Rumia??" She now seems considerably less comfortable in your coils, as odd as that statement sounds.

You tilt your head. "You know Rumia?"

"...No."

"Ohh." After a moment, you add, "Well, give me a moment. I need to call toll free and tell them how nice whatever service I'm getting is!" With that said, you realize you were holding your phone all along.

"Wait, that isn't necessary."

"I think it is. It's hard to get good indeterminate service anymore. ...Probably." You don't know why they were apologizing after all.

While you begin dialing, she complains, "Really, you should wait till, uhh... say, one, update from now."

"One what now?"

"Nothing."

And then you await an answer to the call as the phone rings.

As you await an answer to your call, Mari's phone rings.

As Mari's phone rings, you ask, "...You gonna answer that, Mari?" Seriously, it's hit the third ring. Talk about rude.

As the phone rings in wait for an answer to your call, she answers, "I'm a little tied up." With that said, you release her. Five rings? That's inhumane. "Ohh. ...Thanks, err... Sam." With that said, she answers the phone. Just in time, too, as the person on the other side answered the phone. "Uhh... Hello?"

Uhh... Hello?

"Hi! I was told that I could file complaints here!"

Mari is staring at you like you're crazy.

That's not right. That's not right at all...

The real Mari would know it's true...

She puts on a more professional voice, asking, "What is the reason for your complaint, might I ask?"

What is the reason for your complaint, might I ask?

"Well, I'm complaining because..." You look to Mari, who flinches. "...you dropped a sign on my head. It wasn't very nice."

Mari lets out a sigh of relief.

Haaaah...

"And because you're not Mari." The Mari beside you flinches again when you coil around her. "Who are you..."

"Ahh, erm... Just your friendly neighborhood baku?" She smiles awkwardly, hanging up.

Your operator has hung up. Press 1 to be connected to a new operator, or hang up at any time.

"Baku?"

"Everyone calls me an aardvark or anteater. It's a little rude, you know?" While you press 1, she huffs with annoyance, seemingly oblivious.

Wait. You remember her, you think. "I think I've seen you once before... ...Wait, am I dreaming? Last time I saw you, I was dreaming..."

You are... first... in line. The voice on the other end is sickeningly smug, with a sudden injection of loud and angry. However, you manage to resist all urge to vomit, and instead soldier on for the sake of answers and Mari. The real Mari, not this dreamy impostor.

"Weeeeeeell... not to stroke my ego or anything..." Holy crap is her smug thick! "I pride myself in being the very best dream... artist. I handle a third of all dream requests." There's enough smug in 'artist' alone to choke on! "No... Dream technician. Ohh, I like how that sounds..." You swallow your attempt at gagging. You weren't kidding one bit!

"I... that's... nice?" Please, for all that is flirty and cute, answer the freaking—

Hello? This is Mugetsu. How may I help you?

"Hiiii!" While the adorably plump tail that Mari apparently grew shoots ramrod straight, you say, "Umm..."

...Can I have your account number?

"...I don't know it." Assuming you have one.

Well, what about your family name?

"Usami." Doremy is looking at you oddly, her tail swishing back and forth as her outfit becomes uncomfortably ballsy.

Ahh, there seems to be multiple accounts... Is this... Remko?

"Ye— Wait, it's Renko."

Doremy seems to be growing afraid as realization strikes. Or, at least, you assume. Her face has turned into a particularly cute antea— baku. Why does everyone seem to lack eyebrows here...? At least Seija and Shinmyoumaru had them, though.

Ahh! The new account. Miss Hearn scheduled your second appoint next for, erm... now and with... There's a long pause. Ohh. Ohh, you need help with the baku, don't you.

"Yes, plea—" And then everything goes dark, followed by less dark.
>> No. 197657
File 150270933434.jpg - (127.03KB, 850x478, The bars are wider.jpg) [iqdb]
197657
And then you realize you're not in a warm bed, nor are you in a warm home. Instead, a cold jail cell, across from Hourai, who could easily fit between the bars. Heck, you probably could as well, if not for your splendid chest which is most certainly existent.

Sam, however, seems to be wrapped in plastic wrap. She's frowning unhappily up at you, as if asking for help.

— - — - —

[ ] Continue railroading till sense happens. Renko decides what to do.
[ ] Escape plan write-in.
>> No. 197662
[X] Greet best doll. Delicately.
[x] Compress your very real bust and slide between the bars
[X] Use your nails to break the plastic wrap
-[x] Have Sam help you escape if your first attempt fails
-[x] Ask for Hourai to break the plastic wrap if your fingers aren't sharp enough.
--[x] With caution, she's a delicate lady.

Where have we been Shanghai'd to now? Dream prison? Damn, they don't take complaints well!
And is Maribel is the one ordering the dreams? Interesting.
>> No. 197700
Could use more than one vote in the meantime.
>> No. 197704
[X] Greet best doll. Delicately.
[x] Compress your very real bust and slide between the bars
[X] Use your nails to break the plastic wrap
-[x] Have Sam help you escape if your first attempt fails
-[x] Ask for Hourai to break the plastic wrap if your fingers aren't sharp enough.
--[x] With caution, she's a delicate lady.

We'll have to be careful not to cut the bars, though.
>> No. 197709
File 15030147467.jpg - (295.13KB, 400x543, Damn cosplayers.jpg) [iqdb]
197709
[X] Greet best doll. Delicately.
[x] Compress your very real bust and slide between the bars
[X] Use your nails to break the plastic wrap
-[x] Have Sam help you escape if your first attempt fails
-[X] Ask for Hourai to break the plastic wrap if your fingers aren't sharp enough.
--[x] With caution, she's a delicate lady.

— - — - —

"Umm... Hourai?" The doll looks up from her own cell. She then proceeds to wave to you, earning a smile. "Are you okay?" She nods. "Why are you still here? Can't you just...?" She points to you. Seems she still has your protection in mind. You give her a bigger smile and a nod, appreciating the thoughtfulness, ignoring that you both appear to be some flavor of immortal or something.

Looking to the bars, you think you might be able to squish your extremely noticeable bust through, though it if you try. Standing, you turn sideways, letting out all the air in your lungs. With that said, you push down on your chest, totally not just making fitting vaguely more difficult, and slide between the wide space between. No death trap triggers, and the floor doesn't drop away. You aren't shocked, either, and instead simply are free of the cell. Hourai heads between her own like she has no concern as to if she will touch the sides.

You pick her up, placing her back on your face. She does grab hold, but then slides over to your shoulder. "Hmm?" You look to her, only to have your cheek pecked.

-1HP

Sadly, she's made of wood, so it wasn't as nice as it was likely intended.

Feeling that you're doing things a bit backwards, you begin scratching at Sam's plastic prison, finding that it may be a bit tougher than you expected. B̕e҉̴f̢o̴̕ŗ͘͘e ̴͜y̕o͞u͜ ͢c͜͢ą́ǹ͘̕ ̀ą͡s͞k̕͏ ̡̢H̶͝o͡͡u͜͏r̡̨̀a͢ì͢҉ ̷̕͡fó̶̴r ̷̵he͘͡l̀͠p, ̡y̷̶̢ǫ͢͞u̴r͏̢͘ ͏͜ún̷s͢͟ee͠n̡͜͡ ͟a͞u͟n͘͟t͟ ̷̀̀ć͝u̴ts̴ t̛h͠͞r͡o͜͜ư̵g̷h̷ ͜͢t̷h́e̛͡ ̕ma͘t̴è̛̕r̨͠ia̷̶l͢ ̢̢̀ĺ̸i҉̕ḱe̶ ͟p͢͏a̷͡p͟e͡r̴. Wait, scratch that. Your nails actually did cut through. Who knew you knew the secrets to making delayed cuts?

Like a tube of baked goods, Sam explodes forth from the wrap, happy as a clam and twice as gooey. She then starts picking up the gooey flecks and spatters with a hundred little tendrils, before looking satisfied with herself after a job well done.

That she had so much trouble opening it makes you wonder if you're rubbing off on her, however. Or maybe she's rubbing off on you? That brain link thing or whatever is honestly a little confusing.

From above, a very enthusiastically aggressive, if echoey voice asks patiently, "You done yet?" Looking up, you find a spooky ghost dripping water as well as possibly that big anchor if you make her mad.

You just get that feeling somehow.

She's surprisingly intimidating for being ethereal.

— - — - —

Day 4 of 7

Last Checked Time: Yesterday

Renko Lv1 HP20/20 DT16/16
Base DT16.9
Sprained Ankle
Nose Dead: Lovely Aroma
Cosmic Horror



Sam Lv1 HP9999/9999
Snuggling Stump
Gulping air pointlessly

121G

— - —

Equipment 35D/35MD/A̢͘͜/́M̸̛͜A̸̶͏̸̴

1 Head: Worn Sunhat Lv 1̷̢͠ 1D/1MD/A̢͘͜/́M̸̛͜A̸̶͏̸̴
2 Outfit: Bloody Mummy Costume Lv 5 0D/10MD/0A/0MA
3 Weapon: Unsharpened Chest Lv1/5D/5MD/0A/5MA
4 Foci: Mysterious Big Fan Lv1 0D/0MD/15A/15MA
5 Accessory:
Left Ring:
7 Pockets: x25 Lv2/25D/25MD/0A/0MA
8 Right Ring Arm: Sam
9 Necklace: Enchanted Fuzzy Scarf Lv1 5D/5MD/0A/0MA
— - —

Magic

0 Ice Magic26/100
-O Chill sign: Icy you and eye together 5MA[b]

3 [b]Flight Magic
0/100
-XXX No Cards Made

1 Determination11/100
-OX Determination: The hopes and dreams of the open eyes of love

— - — - —

[ ] Yes.
[ ] ...Nnnnno? Continue with escaping.
-[ ] Ask nicely.
-[ ] Compliment anchor. It is very large.
-[ ] Flirt?
-[ ] Bribe
-[ ] Knock out the guard. Somehow.
-[ ] Write-in
[ ] Renko option.
>> No. 197711
[x] ...Nnnnno? Continue with escaping.
-[x] Ask nicely.
-[x] Compliment anchor. It is very large.
-[x] Flirt?

Another ghost? Kinky
>> No. 197715
>4 of 7

Well that isn't omnious at all.
>> No. 197717
File 150307343043.jpg - (128.62KB, 850x664, Picture vaguely related.jpg) [iqdb]
197717
>>197715

I decided to be just a tad more transparent. 14 is the real concern. 7 is simply the start of the concerns I have planned.
>> No. 197745
[x] ...Nnnnno? Continue with escaping.
-[x] Ask nicely.
-[x] Compliment anchor. It is very large.
--[x] Why does a ghost need an anchor.
---[x] Does it keep her anchored to this world?
----[x] If so, she probably shouldn't carry it. Then she's not anchored!
>> No. 197750
File 15034381968.png - (551.35KB, 551x551, Parting is such sweet sorrow.png) [iqdb]
197750
[x] ...Nnnnno? Continue with escaping.
-[x] Ask nicely.
-[x] Compliment anchor. It is very large.

— - — - —

"No, I think I'm good. Thanks for asking, though."

The ghost you honestly don't know what to describe as gives you an odd look. "You're... welcome???"

Giving her pleading puppy eyes, you ask, "Pretty please with, uhh..." You look her over, adding, "...overkill amounts of stylish and less stylish accessories on top can you let me go?"

Guffawing, the ghostly... fancy whatever compliments, "Well, that's fine!" Just as you smile, she adds, "Of course, I'm not letting you go far if you try. I've got my orders, y'see. Orders that DON'T involve GOING AGAINST THEM!" You take a reflexive step back from her. "But sure! You can go!" Her big smile quickly twists into a fairly threatening one. "But if you leave my sight, I'm using my ANCHOR as a goddamned GRAPPLING HOOK on your FACE!" Once more you take a step back.

Swallowing down her words, you decide that it's time for flirting. After all, it's always time for flirting, as it always makes thing better. "I like your anchor. It's big, and probably sticks in the ground really well. Looks heavy."

She grins bigger than you think is physically possible. "Thanks, kid! The thing crushed me to death!"

You flinch in shock. "O-ohh."

"So don't do anything that makes me have to give you a live demo, alright?" That grin takes an intimidating edge.

"...O-okay...?" You're not sure if you want to try flirting with her anymore. She's a little scary... Even Sam has taken the path of turtles, in that she's hiding in your sleeve. "Umm..." You rub your side for lack of an arm. "Why was I in prison?"

The maybe sailor gives you an odd look. "Well, seemed like a good place to stick ya! The queen wants an audience with ya for peace talks. Thinks you might actually not be an asshole! Imagine that!"

You wince at her swearing. "Peace?"

"Yeah! Bigger fish to fry, even if I'd REALLY LOVE to FRY YOU!" You flinch, taking another step. "So, let's go!"

...Is she bipolar, or just PMSing?? ...Do ghosts do that...? "Uhh... s-sure." Seriously, you feel like she'll crush you if you do anything wrong!

"Good! Now, c'mon!" She floats through a wall, and you blink.

"Uhh..."

"I SAID COME ON!" She proceeds to yank you through coldcoldcoldHOLYCRAPISTHATCO and you're safe.

"Sorry, I, uhh... just don't think I can pass through walls is all."

Snorting, she advises, "Then knock 'em down or something?"

You give her a flat look, as even you aren't that crazy. "No."

"Suit yourself." She proceeds to give a shrug.

With that, the two of you march in silence down the halls. You think things may be brighter, but you aren't sure. Either way, light casts a shadow from the side, and the ice halls sparkle like an aurora. Pillars line the great path, and, looking to the top of them, you see that the ceiling is like looking to the arctic sky.

...How could Grandma have done all this if she's seen such a sight? From the sound of things, they were friendly. Mom was friendly. Maybe not this ghost, but she's probably just off her meds. You know pretty well how that feels. ...Do ghosts even take meds?

Did she really kill your best Mom, Satori? Did she kill her best friend, Rika? Did she kill everyone? From what you heard, you wonder. You heard that she didn't kill Rumia after all.

You let out a sigh, wondering what the term monster truly means, and if humanity were the true monsters all along. These monsters were done in by a single child? That such a thing is even possible... you fear for their lives. You feel safe compared to how they must fear your kind. You aren't even sure how they got down here, but... you have a feeling it's pretty obvious. If they aren't here by choice, and there's talk of a barrier... They spoke of your new arm probably letting you through it, but the implications make you worried.

As you walk along the crystalline path, you ask, "Umm... Miss?"

"It's Murasa."

"Miss Murasa, umm—"

"Captain Murasa, if anything."

Well, that doesn't lend itself to easily using. "Murasa, umm... Why am I being seen by the queen?" And isn't she dead? ...Maybe she's a skeleton? Or a new queen...

"Because you're a bit less of a dick than your mom was, and a lot less of a madman than your granny." At your shocked look, she says, "What? The lot of you really have similar taste in fashion. It's damn obvious to anyone that's seen the lot. You may not have the hat, but you have the same look in your eye, and similar clothes. The same goddamned Determination..."

Wait... "You knew my mom?"

"You didn't?" Your silence answers the question in spades. "Ahh. Guess not, then. She's a bitch when you make her angry."

Waitwaitwait... "She's? As in she is?"

"What are you, some kind of grammar na—"

"Is she alive??"

The ghost snorts. "I guess?"

"Where is she?!" Your mother might be alive?!

"Hell if I know. Haven't seen her in forever. Something like 15 years?"

"Ohh..." You turn your eyes downcast. "I just thought I might get to maybe meet her for a second."

Sighing grandly, the captain says, "Maybe the queen could help with that, if you help her. At least you don't seem to kill people. Good to see the demon child's been flushed out of the system."

Demon child? "...Grandma?"

"Yeah. Grandma." Snorting, she points her anchor forward. "Anyways, go on. The queen awaits."

You look to the front of you, finding a familiar fairy. "Heya. Long time no see. Shall we?" She's in not so familiar dress. Armored from the neck down in crystal. It might possibly be to avoid the issue of dying to your gaze, but you aren't sure. "Well? C'mon. Let's go meet the queen."

You weakly wave to the bipolar ghost, heading on with the one that killed Hourai. "What's she like?"

"To be frank, kid? Depressed as all heck."

"Ohh." You feel a little sorry for her.

Trudging up some stairs, she continues, "Lemme tell you a bit of a story. A story from when I was just a little fairy." She pulls a helmet from the wall, placing it on her head. Why, you aren't sure. "Long ago, humans and monsters were at peace. A child was had between a monster and a human, and everything was great." She lets out a sigh of frosty air. "But something went wrong. Nobody knows why, but the monster's sister, well... she butched the kid. Ripped him limb from limb." Why does this sound familiar somehow. "Nobody knows why she did it, not even her. But, well... it was enough. The humans weren't happy. The monsters weren't happy. ...War was inevitable." Sighing once more, she adds, "But things are never so black and white in war. The humans had allies, whereas monsters were simply many small kingdoms united under one. That third party — the Lunarians — saw that humans and monsters were in for a long war ahead of them. And, while they didn't much like humans, they saw monsters as something even worse. They saw that single death as murder not of a neutral party, but of a human."

"What's a Lunarian?"

"More often than not, an asshole."

"Ohh."

"Anyways, long story short? Lunarians are way too strong to do much against." Cirno pushes open a pair of crystal doors at the apex of the climb, and you find an empty throne room before you, with an equally empty throne. "Now, monsters didn't stand a chance, so the Queen didn't resist at all. She ordered compliance. She ordered us to only defend ourselves if in danger." She begins heading for the throne. "The war was over before there even was a battle. The victors took their spoils, and sent us here. Gathered every kingdom, and made a great barrier over Japan. Gensoukyou was born: a land of illusions."

She sits down on the throne, sighing. "The Land of Illusionary Freedom, where we have our freedom for a given meaning. But, even so, the people weren't satisfied."

— - — - —

[ ] Ask about...
-[ ] Mom.
-[ ] Grandma.
-[ ] Mom.
-[ ] Why you were brought here.
-[ ] Mom.
-[ ] The one that started it all.
-[ ] Mom.
-[ ] How you came to this place.
-[ ] Mom.
-[ ] The satisfaction of the people.
-[ ] Mom.
-[ ] Queen Whiterock.
-[ ] Mom.
-[ ] Mari.
-[ ] Mom.
-[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 197751
[x] Ask about...
-[x] Queen Whiterock
-[x] The one that started it all.
&
-[x] Why you were brought here
-[x] The satisfaction of the people

On two sets because I'm sure they're related. And no mom vote because she'll ask anyway. We are not her masters, she has shown she is still her own person.

Also, should we warn Murasa and Shanghai that our stabby half is active and us dying if we lose control is a good thing?
I mean, we're not leaving here until she is saved too, but I'm not so naive to think that she'll understand that true joy and laughter comes in loving others so easily.
>> No. 197752
File 150346159850.png - (2.63MB, 1920x1080, mommyissues.png) [iqdb]
197752
[x] Ask about...
-[x] Mom.
-[x] Mom.
-[x] Why you were brought here.
-[x] Mom.
-[x] The one that started it all.
-[x] Mom.
-[x] Mom.
-[x] Mom.
-[x] Mom.
-[x] Mari.
-[x] Mom.
-[x] Write-in.
--[x] Your better half
--[x] And Mom.
>> No. 197754
[x] Ask about...
-[x] Queen Whiterock
-[x] The one that started it all.
-[x] Why you were brought here
-[x] The satisfaction of the people
-[x] Your better half.
--[x] And Mom

Decided to cut and paste the parts I like. Mom on the end juuuuust in case she doesn't get to it in the process.
>> No. 197761
File 150364584652.jpg - (298.04KB, 2000x1391, Too tired for wit.jpg) [iqdb]
197761
[1] Ask about...
-[1] Queen Whiterock
-[1] The one that started it all.
-[1] Why you were brought here
-[2] The satisfaction of the people
-[2] Your better half.
--[2] And Mom

— - — - —

You want to know about your old mother, but... there are things that need to be taken care of first. "What of Queen Whiterock? That was her grave, right?"

"Ohh? You remember her name, huh? ...So rarely do I hear it anymore." You hear a humorless snort that echos from within the helmet. "Well... she was the queen, as you said. Before your mother was even born, and not long after your Grandmother killed everyone over... and over... and over..." Steam rises from within her frozen armor, before cutting off suddenly. "...She killed the queen. She killed my mother, and nobody else. ...That time, at least, your grandmother took nothing. ...Nothing but everything I cared about." There's a certain bitterness in her words.

You wince, asking, "Umm... do you need a hug?"

"No."

"...Okay." You rub the back of your head awkwardly. Or Sam does, anyways. "But you spoke of someone that started the war. Who was that?"

The ice queen snorts. "A certain satori."

"...O-ohh..." ...Limb from limb? Really? "And... do you mean..."

"The one that punched a hole in me the other day, yeah." She snorts, placing a hand over where the wound was inflicted. "...Lost my temper, so I deserved that one." Letting out a sigh, she explains, "Mom believed her when she said she didn't do it. And, well... I believe in Mom's judgement, so I chose to believe her, even if Mom never said why she trusted her. The furball says she doesn't know what happened, even if she was dripping with the blood, so I leave her be."

Still, if you were brought here, surely there was a reason. "Why was I in jail?"

"Because Murasa's an idiot."

Well, you could see that. "I'm here for an audience, right? There has to be a reason."

"Well, you don't seem as bad as I thought when we first met, so I'm willing to cut you a deal. Now, you're a neutral party, and, well..." She averts her gaze. "I'm not even as good a queen as Mom's pinkey, let alone..." Her face cover gusts out frost from the vent. "I'm kinda crap at this. Everyone has problems, and I don't even know where to begin fixing them. But, anyways, if you help me sort this mess out, I'll not kill you."

"Well, that does sound like a pretty good deal." Or, at least, a better one than do it and die. "What do I need to do?"

Shrugging, she answers, "For now? Nothing. I'll come chuck you at any problems that show up, though. I've heard the Vampire's been having some problems with her sister, so it's only a matter of time. Plus, the snow's not normally so, well..."

"Smothering?"

"Heavy, yeah. Something's not right, and it needs to be fixed. But, well... I can handle that. You handle politics. If nothing else, I'm strong." Her stats said otherwise both times you looked.

Queen Whiterock D999/MD999/A-999/MA-999

Not to be confused with her mother, Queen Whiterock.

Seems to have her guard up.


...What does a negative attack score even mean? What is it with her and all these shifts...?

To be continued...
>> No. 197765
File 150366038385.jpg - (42.15KB, 400x533, 400px-Selfless_Hero_full.jpg) [iqdb]
197765
Uh, if she wants to know about her attack and her, uh, Dissociative identity disorder, why doesn't she ask?

Sure, that last one is kinda rude, but when has that stopped her before?
Oh well, I guess we can ask Mom later.

>Well, that does sound like a pretty good deal." Or, at least, a better one than do it and die.

Ha! True, true. I was halfway resigned to have that as the ending. I kind of still do, to be honest. Glad to see we're in the same page as the protagonist.
>> No. 197767
[x] Apologize for killing her.
-[x] You didn't know your looks could do that. You've been very careful since then
[X] Ask Mount Penglai if she wants a formal apology from Cirno- or from you
[X] Speaking about Chinese cities, does the queen know if there's a dollmaker around here? You kind of suck at putting her back together.

Did we seriously never apologized for killing her? I checked back and... apparently not.
>> No. 197768
Flavor votes are accepted, yes. They will be taken into consideration.
>> No. 197771
File 150383300847.jpg - (137.60KB, 1000x1000, The gloves are longer.jpg) [iqdb]
197771
Part 1: >>197761

-[2] The satisfaction of the people
-[0] Apologize for killing her.
--[0] You didn't know your looks could do that. You've been very careful since then
-[0] Ask Mount Penglai if she wants a formal apology from Cirno- or from you She already got one.
-[2] Your better half.
--[2] And Mom.


— - — - —

"Wait, what was that about your people being unsatisfied?"

Shrugging, she explains, "Simple. Back when Mom was alive — back before I was made to understand how evil humans could be — I agreed with her and everyone's view of what we should do. ...The truth is, I don't want to see the surface anymore. I don't want to see anyone hurt. And, well..." She averts her eyeless gaze. "...they don't agree. Whether wanting to see the sun again, or to get revenge on the humans, pretty much everyone wants to go back. If they only remembered what your Grandmother did — what she was capable of doing — I think they'd agree with my choice. We thought the Lunarians were bad, but, in truth... humans are far worse."

"That hug's still on the table."

"Shut it. I don't do hugs."

"Well... okay." You rub your Sam awkwardly, the slimy appendage purring for your trouble. "Umm... sorry. ...For everything. I... didn't mean to kill you. I didn't know my eyes could do that."

Snorting from within the armor, she says, "Yeah, yeah. My fault for not having any protection."

Not sure how to broach the subject, you simply blurt out, "So I've been hearing this evil whisper that may or may not be evil but I think it is though it also seems to not be it's kind of paradoxical at times and may or may not be related to Mom but not this mysterious Mom Classic I've never met, but New Mom and who is my mom where are they can I meet them please I wanna know my mom because Grandma was only a good guardian up until I learned how evil she is and wait, why am I not running out of air?"

The armored queen points to your Sam, who seems to have made several mouths for the express purpose of gasping for air.

You give her a pat, as you appreciate the multitasking. "Thanks, Sam." Those mouths cease in their gasping, instead focusing on smiling, seeming to be pleased by the show of affection.

"Anyways, to answer your questions in reversed order so as to avoid you interrupting me until after I'm done..." Well, that's a little worrying... "Your mom's kinda gone off the radar. Last heard of her, she went to face the... 'good' doctor. And by good, I mean not good. And, by not good, I meant that her minions'll probably be out for your soul. On that note, might be a good idea to avoid water, if you don't want a kappa on your ass. And, even more importantly: avoid bamboo. It's where the loony lives. ...Now, as for your other question, I've got no idea if I'd call her good or evil, but she probably owns your soul. Y'see—"

"What??"

The fairy mutters about hating being right.

— - — - —

[ ] Let her explain.
[ ] PANICBECAUSEYOUMUSTBETURNINGINTOSPOILERTEXTORSOMETHING
[ ] Write-in

[ ] Flavor: Speaking about Chinese cities, does the queen know if there's a dollmaker around here? You kind of suck at putting her back together.
>> No. 197779
[x] PANIC! YOU'RE TURNING INTO...
-[X] Wait, she isn't that bad when not talking about murders
-[x] And Rika is soulless too, but she's still really nice. Even if she said she isn't used to feelings things.
-[x] Okay, so it is still really bad, but not the worst possible scenario so...
[X] Let her explain
>> No. 197795
[x] PANICBECAUSEYOUMUSTBETURNINGINTOSPOILERTEXTORSOMETHING
-[x] THATISWORSETHANBEINGTEXT
--[x] THATISLIKEBLINDTEXTTHATNOONECANSEE
---[x] ORISTHATTEXTTHATONLYTHEBLINDCANSEE
----[x] THISSTILLRANKSSOMEWHERENEARBADANDFLIRT
>> No. 197796
[X] Let her explain.
>> No. 197827
File 150460320568.jpg - (771.32KB, 1024x768, Multiply armor by 99.jpg) [iqdb]
197827
[x] PANIC! YOU'RE TURNING INTO...
-[X] Wait, she isn't that bad when not talking about murders
-[x] And Rika is soulless too, but she's still really nice. Even if she said she isn't used to feelings things.
-[X] Okay, so it is still really bad, but not the worst possible scenario so...
[x] Let her explain

I felt this encapsulates the middle ground that the three-way tie would have ended up with.

— - — - —

Ohhgodyou'regonnabeatext-based, uhh... ...Wait, what even is she? A satori? None of your business. ...Actually, you know what? You're not so bad when you aren't trying to murder people. That can be said of anyone that murders what you consider people. ...You can't help but feel there's a lengthy explanation to that spiteful tone. ...Still, Rika doesn't have a soul, and Grandma obviously doesn't have a sou,l and they both seem to get by just fine. Well, actually— And Grandma obviously doesn't have a soul. Repeating it louder sadly doesn't make it truer.

You're just gonna ignore that for now. Still, the two of them seem to be functioning... members of society, if nothing else. ...It seems that letting her explain is best, ignoring that she's impatiently tapping her greave. "Uhh... go on." You sheepishly add, "Sorry."

Snorting from under her frozen helmet, she compliments, "Well, at least you aren't spazzing." Clearing her throat, she mutters, "Now, where was I..." before explaining, "I guess you could say that the apple didn't fall far from the tree. ____'s ownership on Sumireko's soul gave her pretty much absolute power over who lived and who died. Sure, she allowed your granny some control, but the leash was held tight. But, from what Frisk told me—"

"Isn't Mom mute?"

"Plenty of ways around that. Now, quit that." Grumbling, she continues, "Anyways, your grandma sold your mom's soul. A trade, if you will, or at least a promise of one. And, as your mother broke free of it all, well... stands to reason that she sold your soul as well. Of course, your soul's still right there in your chest, so it's hard to say exactly."

...Wait. ____, why would you make an even trade like that? That seems pretty dang pointless. Boredom, maybe. ...You're not very good at being a villain, are you? I'm not a villain; you are. Your whole family is. Quit making things so complicated! You made Grandma kill everyone, right? She started it. I don't care who started it! ...And what about Mom? ...Hello?

Great. She went silent again. "Err... Sorry, uhh... your majesty. Had to have an argument with the voice in my head." All the response you get is a shrug, so you ask, "Still, what now?"

"Well... I guess you never formally agreed to my terms."

Accept or die, huh? Her attack was -99, so could she even hurt you? ...Would her attacks heal you?? What does that even mean? If it came down to it, you could probably just run, right? Or jog. ...Walking would probably work, even.

The frozen gauntlet of the queen hangs before you, awaiting your reply.

— - — - —

[ ] Accept and join the Queen in... keeping the peace or something? Reuniting the kingdom?
[ ] Decline and die. Maybe.
[ ] Ask someone else's opinion. But who? Write-in
[ ] Any concerns? Write-in.
>> No. 197834
[x] Accept and join the Queen in... keeping the peace or something? Reuniting the kingdom?
-[x] I'll quit if I see you using violence for no good reason-but I'll let you know first.
--[x] You said you were a hero, right? I hope you act like it.
>> No. 197853
[x] Accept and join the Queen in... keeping the peace or something? Reuniting the kingdom?
-[x] Try to clarify, but, either way...
--[x] I'll quit if I see you using violence for no good reason-but I'll let you know first.
---[x] You said you were a hero, right? I hope you act like it.

I tried to think of my own write-in. This works well enough.
>> No. 197855
[x] Accept and join the Queen in... keeping the peace or something? Reuniting the kingdom?
-[x] Isn't that what you were already doing? No, wait let's add an addendum.
-[x] "I know you're a busy person, but please make sure to kill me if I go nuts. My grandma turned a very cute spirit into a killer and she's into possession."

We'll save you yet.
>> No. 197858
[x] Accept and join the Queen in... keeping the peace or something? Reuniting the kingdom?
-[x] Try to clarify, but, either way...
--[x] I'll quit if I see you using violence for no good reason-but I'll let you know first.
---[x] You said you were a hero, right? I hope you act like it.
>> No. 197941
File 15056510994.jpg - (691.71KB, 1440x900, DYNAMIC ENTRY.jpg) [iqdb]
197941
[x] Accept and join the Queen in... keeping the peace or something? Reuniting the kingdom?
-[x] Try to clarify, but, either way...
--[x] I'll quit if I see you using violence for no good reason-but I'll let you know first.
---[x] You said you were a hero, right? I hope you act like it.

— - — - —

You make to grab her hand, but then stop short. "Wait, what am I agreeing to?" You'd rather not shake any hands before making sure she doesn't get you as a slave or some such. Sure, you'd look great in a metal bikini, but she would look way worse after gaining a couple tons.

"Well, to put it simply, I'm gonna be chucking you at problems I don't have the patience for." Wow, she really is bad at queening. "Now agree already so we can move on."

You finally grasp her hand, wincing at the cold as she shakes it. Your hand feels like your tongue did that time someone dared you to lick a pole in winter. When finally you get your hand back, Sam is quick to start licking your handcicle clean of ice. "But I'm only helping so long as you don't hurt people for no reason. Heroes don't do violence. ...At least, not without lengthy angst sessions." Seriously, it's like they break their codes and such for the express purpose of angsting at times.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. You're the one on trial here."

Wait, you are? "Why don't I have a lawyer, then...?"

"You should have brought that up earlier." You think you spy a roll of her eye in the dark helmet.
"Now, for your first order of business, don't leave my kingdom until I say so. Capice? If you try, I'll throw you at my problems a lot harder."

"Wait, you're literally going to throw me at your problems??" She is really bad at this.

"And, the second order shall be a warning. If you find any bamboo, you turn around. You see water, you stay clear. Don't get distracted by rabbits and don't let curiosity get the better of you."

"Did you say rabbits?" You love rabbits!

"You don't want anything to do with those rabbits, trust me."

"You tried to kill me."

"I order you to trust me." Well, that's... persuasive. "Now, for the time being, I'm giving you a retainer." At your look of disgust, she clarifies, "Someone to watch over you, idiot. Now get going before I have to talk to—"

You hear the doors burst open behind you."THERE you are! We have been looking EVERYWHERE for you!" Turning around, you find the friendly umbrella from before and the maybe not human.

"Sis, we looked in like five places."

"Kogasa, that is NOT the POINT! It would be COMPLETELY silly to expect that to be taken LITERALLY!"

Cirno just lets out a long sigh. "Hello, Futo, Kogasa." She then proceeds to push you towards them. "Here's the kid."

Futo gasps. "So you really WERE a child! How EXCITING!"

Kogasa chimes in, "She still is, Sis."

"That ALSO is not the point. It feels like AGES since we last met!"

"If you say so."

Cirno sighs even longer. "Just get going before I throw the three of you out of here." Looking to you, she adds, "When I need you, I'll throw my advisor your way." Ohhgoddoes-99meaninfinitestrength. "Not literally, you twit."

With that said, Futo places her hands on your shoulders. "Come, let us travel to what passes as our HOME where you will most CERTAINLY not be under house arrest!"

— - — - —

[ ] Sure! That sounds totally not like it'd take a disproportionately long time, being cooped up with you!
[ ] ...Can I decline? You don't feel like you can, but worth a shot.
>> No. 197942
File 15056619552.jpg - (164.31KB, 850x638, stop that!.jpg) [iqdb]
197942
>"I order you to trust me."

Wait, is that how trust works?

>"Come, let us travel to what passes as our HOME where you will most certainly not be under house arrest!"

Well, that's a load out of my mind.

[x] ...Can I decline? You don't feel like you can, but worth a shot.
-[x] "I'm not staying anywhere until my doll here is fixed. Do you guys know a guy who knows a guy who knows how to fix dolls or wants to teach how to?"
>> No. 197994
[x] ...Can I decline? You don't feel like you can, but worth a shot.
-[x] "I'm not staying anywhere until my doll here is fixed. Do you guys know a guy who knows a guy who knows how to fix dolls or wants to teach how to?"

This works for me. Doll needs special care, anywho.
>> No. 198008
File 150706305666.jpg - (180.03KB, 850x602, ZE.jpg) [iqdb]
198008
I'd prefer at least three votes total before I write. I'll go work on G now, as I'm a bit without anything to do it seems and just had a few kilos of redetermination injected into myself from something inspirational I learned.
>> No. 198011
[x] ...Can I decline? You don't feel like you can, but worth a shot.
-[x] "I'm not staying anywhere until my doll here is fixed. Do you guys know a guy who knows a guy who knows how to fix dolls or wants to teach how to?"

This'll do
>> No. 198023
File 15073402965.jpg - (302.14KB, 600x600, You were almost expecting pain.jpg) [iqdb]
198023
[x] ...Can I decline? You don't feel like you can, but worth a shot.
-[x] "I'm not staying anywhere until my doll here is fixed. Do you guys know a guy who knows a guy who knows how to fix dolls or wants to teach how to?"

— - — - —

"Ssssso..." You do your absolute best to be as smooth as possible.

Likewise, Cirno repeats, "So?"

Futo, too. "So?!"

And Kogasa. "So."

Futo interjects, "Sister, that is NOT a STATEMENT!"

"So?"

"MUCH better!" The umbrella rolls its eye.

Almost distracted by the antics, you redouble your efforts. "Ssssssooooo..." And, unlike before, you make use of your hard fought knowledge to continue, "Can I decline?"

"Ohh, sure." Ohh. That was easier than you expecte— "But you'd be sent there anyways."

"Ohh." Well, that went as well as you expected. "Still... I'm, uhh... not staying anywhere until my doll friend is fixed!" You very carefully stamp your foot down, if only figuratively. "If anyone knows a guy who knows a guy who knows how to fix a gu— I mean doll, that would be really helpful."

Cirno points to your shoulder, where rests your hale and whole doll friend, quite intact. "She looks pretty okay to me. ...Unless you mean the one I obliterated, in which case you'd need a lot of glue. The dolls are, in fact, dollmakers."

"Ohh." ...That explains why Hourai was upset you tried to put her back together, if she knew how to do it herself. ...Then again, you think she even said as such, didn't she? Or, well... wrote as such. ...Oops.

-1 DT

You wince at the dolly fist bonking you on the head, looking to the side. It seems that Shanghai has her arms crossed from her perch.

Sam slinks up your sleeve, as you feel a little bad about making a horrible monster of a less horrible monster. Or, at least, you think she's a monster? She does defy the common things you've seen thus far, what with how wooden and stiff she is. Maybe she's just a really awesome doll! "Umm..." You try to rub the back of your head with your Sam, but find she won't budge. That makes things even more awkward, darn it! "Sorry..." And the way Shanghai is leaning in with those blank, dead eyes, silently judging your every nervous twitch and hugging your face— Wait, okay, you think she forgave you.

"Good. Now, off with you."

Futo exclaims, "Ohh, we shall have SUCH fun! But what shall we do, chummiest of chums?!"

— - — - —

[ ] Time skip with blanks filled.
[ ] Whether the storm company of Futo.
-[ ] But how? Activity ideas write-in.
-[ ] Renko option.
>> No. 198024
[x] Time skip with blanks filled.

Was she fixed? Damn, time to re read the story again.
>> No. 198073
[x] Time skip with blanks filled.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Desktop Page]