-  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 193167)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3216 unique user posts. View catalog

File 148137979753.jpg - (96.08KB , 1280x689 , What can one brave ship do.jpg ) [iqdb]
193167 No. 193167
[ ] Blood..?
-[ ] Don't dally too much and get ready though.
[ ] I get the feeling a little bit of abyssal blood is only the beginning, Chiyuri. If I didn't know any better, I'd say our mission here is to see how far we can take abyssal on human experimentation.


— - — - —

"So, what am I to change into?"

Rika helpfully answers, "Clothes we can assure won't contaminate the room. Really, your shoes and gloves are the most likely candidates, but being sure doesn't hurt when dealing with this much surgery." After a moment, she blushes. "Ahh, erm... I'll show you where. Sorry, sir."

As you're in the process of this all, you begin to consider all that you've learnt since you've arrived. Abyssals bleed and have organs, not that such a thing is new to you. What does the term 'Abyssal technology' really mean, though? Is it flesh and blood, or steel and oil? Are they grinding their bones to make your ships, or simply studying tech far more advanced than anything you ever could hope to make?

Fully kitted out and ready to enter, you soon are led, along with Inazuma of course, towards the place where this will happen. Are you really here to fight the abyssals, or are you here to rip parts out of them and attach them to little girls? You know time will answer the question, but as things are, do you really want the answer? Your loyalty to your country is still resolute, but these things are putting niggling little doubts in your head.

Soon, Inazuma is lying on the table. You offer a hand to settle her nerves, which she takes after a short bout of hesitation. She may be a sailor, she may be seen fit to be a hero, but under all that — under all that crushing weight of your country's hopes and dreams — the girl is still only a child still. She may be of the bravest people you've ever met, she may have been deemed the best for the job, but you can't just let her go through this without support.

Next she's strapped to the table by her forehead, ankles, thighs, wrists and waist. You nearly ask the why, but the table flips over with a young yelp, leaving her hanging over a lower section of the table. The 'floor' under it seem to be at a height to make it easier on those doing the work you imagine, though you do nearly ask before the lights of the section begin to turn on. Taking the initiative to secure her hand once more, followed by giving it a supportive squeeze, you sit in a chair that was brought over for you. The three fairies begin discussing this and that. Incisions, procedures and beyond.

First they begin by inserting a needle into the crook of her arm. Anesthetic, or so you hope. She flinches with the needle-sharp penetration, and you find that it's not what you expected. It seems to be hooked up to a blood pack, though it looks vaguely... off. Not quite the color it should be. Darker. Still, her eyes do droop just a bit, so hopefully it at least does something.

If you had to guess, there's likely Abyssal blood in there as well as human, but you don't know enough about the stuff. Your mouth sets in a frown as she cries out in pain. A needle is driven through the skull, just to the side of the eye. And then a whimper as the same is done for the other eye. Your free hand's knuckles whiten beneath latex, and you let out a sigh into the mask. Her hand clenches, and every ounce of strength in that tiny noodle of an arm seems intent on crushing your hand. Still, she's just a girl, so while it hurts it's not quite to the degree a grown woman doing the same. It probably helps that her hand can't get a proper grip on yours, being so small.

Inazuma is panting raggedly, while Rika works to keep blood from dripping in her eyes. If you had to guess, you'd say it has to do with the eyes. Maybe a visual hookup? If she's to be a boat to whatever degree they intend, it seems reasonable. But then, you're no doctor. All you can do is guess and watch as they do the same to the base of her skull, right where the first cervical vertebrae is, you think.

Hole after hole is punched into the girl, each adding a new port for electronics. Some are small, but a few are quite large. The large ones are cut to make room for, such as the full neck connection.

With every single one brings a shrill scream of agony. With every single scream, you grit your teeth. After hours and hours of this, it is done, and finally they administer relief to the girl by putting her to sleep. You doubt you will be sleeping tonight after that, and should you manage, you're sure that a new set of screams will join your crew's and your wife's. Still, if only for now, she's still alive. Although, with the horrifying sounds she made, well...

You won't count your chickens before they hatch.

— - — - —

[ ] You need something to eat. It's been far too long as it is.
[ ] You need someone to talk to after that.
-[ ] Mima. Disciplinary action may be needed.
-[ ] Ellen. Is Russian roulette cooking wise?
-[ ] Rikako. She seems to have common ground.
-[ ] Rika. Why is she the only Abyssal researcher?
-[ ] Chiyuri. She seems to dislike Rika more than the other way around.
-[ ] You never did get the name of the one in charge of mining and the like.
-[ ] You never got the name of the head doctor, either.
--[ ] Odd that she wasn't involved in the surgery
-[ ] Ran. She's a like mind, if cold.
-[ ] Yukari. Seems like she might have answers, and seems willing to give at least something.
-[ ] Koto. You go back a long ways, and her eccentricities might help cheer you up.
[ ] Stay with Inazuma.
[ ] Write-in.

— - — - —

With optional votes like that, all votes will get taken into account to some degree, assuming they don't clash. They are seasoning to the already prepared vote, if you will.
Expand all images
>> No. 193169
[X] Stay with Inazuma.
-Ponder.
>> No. 193170
[X] You never got the name of the head doctor, either.
-[x] Odd that she wasn't involved in the surgery
[X] Yukari. Seems like she might have answers, and seems willing to give at least something.
>> No. 193173
[X] Stay with Inazuma.
>> No. 193174
[x] Stay with Inazuma.
-[x] Ponder.

How many different screams will be heard?
>> No. 193179
[X] You never got the name of the head doctor, either.
-[x] Odd that she wasn't involved in the surgery
[X] Rika. Why is she the only Abyssal researcher?
-[X] Ask for a logbook for her activities. Time to see how deep this rabbit hole goes.
>> No. 193181
I've been wondering, how long does it take you to write an update?
>> No. 193182
>>193181

An hour, maybe two. The hardest part is finding a picture and thinking up votes, usually. Sometimes I have a 5-10 minute writer's block, too.

Anywho, sorry I'm late. Was working on a couple things last night.
>> No. 193183
File 148151104875.png - (72.41KB , 164x269 , I spent too long finding something.png ) [iqdb]
193183
[x] Stay with Inazuma.
-[x] Ponder.



— - — - —


You ignore your growling stomach, instead opting to follow them as they wheel off the bed. Inazuma looks almost peacefully dreaming, if you didn't know she was currently unconscious. As you go, you wonder about the hygienics of doing as such, as she does have fresh stitches. The halls are alive with activity by now, thankfully. It was almost eerie how silent the base was before. Dozens of tiny feet pass you on by, their owners looking busy. Most are jogging, as otherwise there'd be moving quite slowly. At their size, you half expect them to eventually need tiny vehicles to get around, as odd as it sounds.


As you head on, you find that you arrive at the dry docks, where a dated ship resides, ready for Aoko to be rolled on up. Surprisingly, between the three of them, they've managed to push it fully onto the ship, and now the four of you are making your way deeper in. A destroyer, like that fish from what feels like ages ago, but of human design. Seems a destroyer for a destroyer is how this works.


The thought of making a BB is frightening indeed, if that's what it'd take. You only know of one, and it's not so much something that fights so much as swims through a battlefield while everything else explodes. Strangest of all, even if it can sink an unprepared fleet, it's not regularly employed.


As you walk deeper and deeper into the ship, tailing the slow-moving bed, you wonder just what else is out there. It's been a long while since the war's been in the deeper parts of the ocean — who knows what lies in the deepest trenches of the sea. You could end up finding Jormungandr or Kraken for all you know.


You nearly bump into the bed as the come to a stop. What lies before you is more or less a glass vat, covered in pipes and cables, with much the same sitting at the bottom.


— - — - —


[ ] Flavoring write-in.


I'll likely be a bit busy, especially the next three days. As such, updates may be a bit less guaranteed.
>> No. 193184
(X) Please don't let this be in vain.

What's a BB?
>> No. 193186
>>193184

Battleship.
>> No. 193188
x] What happens if/when they run out of volunteers? Small children doesn't exactly encompass the majority of the navy corps.
-[x] Would a kidnapping, murderous, humanity even deserve to survive? Does the needs of the many really outweight the rights of the few?
>> No. 193190
>>193186


...what does the second "b" stand for?

[X] Can we go back to calling Aoko, Aoko? Her new name doesn't fit at all.
>> No. 193191
>>193190

That question has kept me up at night now and then. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I know CL is Cruiser, Light. DD is Destroyer, CV carrier, and there's quiiiite a few others.

I'm going to have to really study those at some point, once it's relevant. I really only know them from interest in naval games.
>> No. 193192
>>193191
Google search dissapointed me. I'm going to keep calling the CV Carrier Vessels.
>> No. 193204
File 14816435048.png - (52.49KB , 350x251 , Why is this so dang hard.png ) [iqdb]
193204
[X] Please don't let this be in vain.
[X] What happens if/when they run out of volunteers? Small children doesn't exactly encompass the majority of the navy corps.
-[X] Would a kidnapping, murderous, humanity even deserve to survive? Does the needs of the many really outweigh the rights of the few?
[x] Can we go back to calling Aoko, Aoko? Her new name doesn't fit at all.

— - — - —

You watch as they begin to hook her into the machine. You watch as cable after cable connects to her body. It isn't as bad as before, but she still looks like a makeshift surge protector. As the last one goes in, and the pod closes, you say a silent prayer for the girl. Not to any deity, nor asking for much. You simply silently pray for her to not die. For her life to not end in vain. Yes, she may live on, but if this is as you imagine it to be, she will never walk again. With one final press of a button, the tank begins to fill with some odd fluid. The fact that she doesn't have a breathing mask or the like says that she's either in that gel that one can breathe through, or one of those cables is intended to feed her oxygen.

Rikako sighs wearily, eyeing the vital signs that you can vaguely hear. The steady beep, if quiet, is a sound you find comfort in. Inazuma... Aoko... is alive. You look to the bespectacled girl. "I was wondering... what happens when volunteers run out?"

Rikako lets out a tiny sigh. "More or less, we won't, now that we've seen success. ...It may get less savory, but the prospect is more appealing that you might think." She sighs again, adding, "To the right audience."

You don't think you like the sound of that. "Such as?"

"To put it bluntly, one without eyes will see. One without legs will walk. Inazuma, and those before her, are all orphans, many of which being victims of the war. I know not who our recruiters are for the project, or what they say, but this is actually a large part of why they are compatible."

Rika points out, "The more contact one has with the Abyssals, the more likely they will take to the tech. The one issue is that the destroyer that you sank was female."

You look back to the tank, finding that Aoko has begun to float, though the wires and such keep her from reaching the top. Her words raise the question of why children work better. You're willing to accept that the Destroyer was a woman, as they do seem rather alive... But as things are, you question why children would be the best choice.

Putting a child in control of some sort of super weapon seems far from wise after all.

Rikako looks to you. "She will need time to recover before we activate her. As things are, she will be woken shortly before our CO leaves, so you have around . You should rest in the meantime. Eat something, listen to something other than screaming, use the bathroom... She's not going anywhere, and I won't be leaving here until it's time. I'll inform you when the time comes — you've about six hours, so you should take advantage of that time."

— - — - —

[ ] Accept. Make a schedule.
-[ ] Sleep.
-[ ] Nap.
-[ ] Eat.
-[ ] The bathroom would be wise at the very least. You last went before you left after all.
[ ] Decline
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 193205
(X) One final question. Why children?
[X] Accept. Make a schedule.
-[X] Nap.
-[X] Eat.
-[X] The bathroom would be wise at the very least. You last went before you left after all.

Also
>"She will need time to recover before we activate her. As things are, she will be woken shortly before our CO leaves, so you have around . You should rest in the meantime.

Is somthing missing from this paragraph? Part of it feels cut off.
>> No. 193208
>>193205
My money's on "some time to look"

(x) One final question. Why children?
[X] Accept. Make a schedule.
-[X] Sleep.
-[X] Bathroom
>> No. 193210
>>193208

The space is after "around", though. I bet he cut and pasted "six hours" from that sentence and added it at the end.

[X] Visit the doctor.
[X] Eat.
[X] Nap in the procedure room with Rikako.

I feel like a bathroom vote is unnecessary.
>> No. 193211
>>193205
>>193210

Aaaactually, I had to calculate the time remaining on that front, and then forgot to put it there.
>> No. 193212
[X] Accept. Make a schedule.
-[X] Nap.
-[X] Eat.
>> No. 193214
I really like this story.
>> No. 193216
>>193214

I'm glad! That makes it more fun later!
>> No. 193224
File 148188852064.jpg - (71.60KB , 850x850 , I wasn't claimed by Davy Jones.jpg ) [iqdb]
193224
Gimme a few days.

In other news, I'm holding a contest! I sure do hope people enter!
>> No. 193257
File 14820163679.jpg - (85.59KB , 726x782 , I just wanted to use this picture.jpg ) [iqdb]
193257
>>193210

Ehh, point.
>> No. 193261
File 148207349394.jpg - (305.75KB , 850x1202 , Your imagination has very little to work with.jpg ) [iqdb]
193261
(1) One final question. Why children?
[X] Accept. Make a schedule.
-[X] Nap.
-[X] Eat.


— - — - —

You won't need a lot of sleep, but you do need some if you want to be awake for when they wake her up. You aren't sure what that will entail, but you've one question. "Why her?"

You receive a sigh from the tiny purple head. "We tried every avenue. Men did the worst, and women were next in line: not one was a success story. We considered animals, but putting a man in a warship is a scary enough thought. A dog could blow a hole in a ship by wanting to play. Next we tried a small number of boys. There was no success, but the results weren't quite as rapidly downhill. Inazuma is a stepping stone in the war efforts, and though she is only a DD, she shall be the first. We just need to look further into the Akatsuki and Fubuki classes each. She was the last of the four and twenty-four respectively, meaning they will be simpler to make in ways. ...But I'm getting ahead of myself. Go rest. That's a concern for after we are sure Inazuma is right as rain."

You nod, though at the word twenty-four you shudder just a bit. If young girls are to be your ships, that's twenty-three lives whose blood will be spilt for the sake of peace. After all, destroyers are far from the worst thing one might find under the sea. "Very well. I'll do what I can to be ready on time." The way she spoke doesn't brook room for argument, really. "...Do you mind if I rest here?"

"We would prefer to avoid you becoming a fairy." At your risen brow, she answers, "The ship has two modes. Ship proper, and something some might consider not unlike power armor in ways. The accident in question was us being onboard while it shifted to the size of a girl."

— - — - —

[ ] Relent and go to your room. It's not worth the risk.
[ ] Stay and rest by her side. You said you would, and you will.

&&&&&

[ ] Till
[ ] Death
[ ] Do
[X] We
[ ] Part
>> No. 193262
>>193261
[ ] Relent and go to your room. It's not worth the risk.
[ ] Part

As much as I'd prefer us to stay, I don't want to risk anything tht might hinder us in the future
>> No. 193264
[X] Relent
[X] Part
>> No. 193265
[x] Stay and rest by her side. You said you would, and you will.
-[x] Death.

Keep your promises, anon.
>> No. 193268
[X] Stay and rest by her side. You said you would, and you will.
[X] Do
>> No. 193269
[x] Relent and go to your room. It's not worth the risk.
[x] Death

The risk is probably low, but let's listen to the voice of experience on this one.
>> No. 193272
>>193269

The risk isn't low at all. She's told us the cause of people getting tiny, so if we hang around here, the only possibilities are MC gets tiny as well, or he just dies instantly.

[X] Relent

I don't care about the other choice options since they don't contain any actual substance.
>> No. 193273
Perhaps a compromise?

[x] Stay as long as possible.
[x] Leave when they say you can no longer remain.

Anon should keep promises... But Anon should also remember that, in the end, we can help Inazuma more if we are around afterwards.

If this tie doesn't break, then count my vote for [x] Relent.
>> No. 193282
[x] Stay as long as possible.
[x] Leave when they say you can no longer remain
>> No. 193283
>>193273
>>193282

Well I mean like...yea, I(>>193272) would like to hang around as long as possible too. The general idea is to fuck off right before shit gets tiny.
>> No. 193284
>>193283

Taken into account!
>> No. 193288
File 14824230797.gif - (343.57KB , 445x626 , How frightening.gif ) [iqdb]
193288
[x] Stay as long as possible.
[x] Tie.


— - — - —

"When is there a risk to worry over?"

She tears her eyes from the screen a moment to give you that smallest hard look you've ever seen. "The moment she wakes up is when we find out if we fixed the issue. There is a chance that our efforts to keep her asleep will fail due to the serum, however." She gives a glance to Rika, who nods, letting Rikako get back to work.

Rika take over where she left off, saying, "To put it simply, the serum is meant to make her more compatible with the technology by raising her synchronization rate — how well she interfaces with the ship — to 100%. As it stands, she was the highest we could find in a reasonable amount of time, in that she is a 50% base. My current hypothesis is that her survival of an Abyssal attack is what caused it." That's a worrying thought. "Without being at least at a 100% acceptance by the machine, the girl may be, well..." She trails off.

Chiyuri bluntly states, "The first man was effectively eaten by the ship." You wince a bit as you consider the implications. With what passes as an Abyssal DD, you wonder just how this ship works. It looks less like the inside of a body and more like an ordinary, if dated, ship.

Continuing where she left off, Rika adds, "Still, she is our first success. That means we'll be learning the long term effects of the serum soon, but as it allows the ship to accept her on a biological level, well..." She trails off. Averting her eyes, she finishes, "She may have issues down the road, to put it lightly."

You can't help but sigh. Lovely. "Then I shouldn't stay on the ship while she sleeps is what you're saying." Rika and Rikako answer in the positive at the same time, causing Rikako to chuckle just a bit while Rika's small face grow a bit redder. "Then I'll be on my way." You head off, following helpful signs along the way. They don't look permanent, but more to help in situations such as these. As you step off the ship, you hear a splash from the water.

The trip to your room is uneventful, though your stomach rumbles as the scent of food hits your nose. Still, you press on, reaching for your hat, only to realize that you never changed out of the sterile clothes from the operating room. You were wondering why you felt a draft, as they were hardly the warmest things. You just opt to disrobe for now, folding them neatly on your chair for disposal of later, before climbing in the bed with a weary sigh. The sheets are comfortable enough You've only been awake for what you imagine to be 8-10 hours, yet it feels like two days.

You drift off to sleep easily, and your dream of...

— - — - —

[ ] Till
[ ] Death
[ ] Do
[X] We
[ ] Part
>> No. 193289
[X] Part
>> No. 193290
[X] Do
>> No. 193292
>>193288

[X] Part
>> No. 193293
Parting is such sweet sorrow.
>> No. 193295
File 148249664863.jpg - (51.40KB , 500x375 , Not 100% accurate.jpg ) [iqdb]
193295
[X] We
[X] Part


— - — - —

You strike a crisp salute. The last one you give.

You ship out, not knowing what to expect. No one does.

Mina smiles at you as you pass. The last you witness.

A spray of water from behind. Fear rises like bile.

You spin and run after. Dread builds with every step.


You arrive at the haunting scene. You spy your wife bleeding.

You pull her from the water. She isn't breathing.

You check her pulse. It is silent as can be.

You salute, though it's empty. An open casket.

You cry for your lost love. But only inside.

A burial at sea. It's what she would have wanted.

You will never forget. She made you who you are today.

— - — - —

Sorry, while I'm not technically busy, I'm gonna be limiting updates to one story per day for a bit, not counting 31 Days.

Up next is Eastern Tale and then Ghosts. After that, it'll be up to what I feel needs to be updated most that day.

Do know that I do plan to get back in full swing. It's quite possible that I'll do so once the 31 Days of Touhou ends, as you'd be surprised how much effort that takes.
>> No. 193296
>>193295
I understand, but keep in mind that this story is the one that has the potential to become the first good non-porn KC Crossover.
>> No. 193297
>>193296

I'm quite aware. It's why I couldn't not write it once I had a [s]vague idea of a clue[/i] solid plot put together.

I'm honestly not a fan of Kancolle, to be honest. Which is what is going to make the story good, honestly. I wanted to like it. I tried to like it. But the way that fanon becomes canon is just... Ugh... I'll take Robo-Ran, rip and tear Kisume, murderous Alice and Nitori Kawaracism over that any day.

Still, I took up this new name for a reason. The Re-train has no brakes, as they say.
>> No. 193298
If any of these, except Robo ran and Kawaracism is officially canon, I'll be really pissed.

Also I assume-and nothing will stop me- that Ran can and does act as her own person when idle.
>> No. 193301
File 148253327365.jpg - (482.41KB , 791x600 , Youkai gonna youkai.jpg ) [iqdb]
193301
>>193298

You could say that Kisume likes getting head and that Alice likes nailing people.

Mind you, trusting Akyuu's and Aya's word for canon is a risky business. And these have been canon longer than Nitori or Ran, if I'm not mistaken. Alice has a penchant for nailing voodoo dolls to trees, where as Kisume, well... her bucket is full, if I remember right.

Mind you, I'm one of the few people that embraces canon for what it is and uses it when I need it.

https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Symposium_of_Post-mysticism/Bunbunmaru_Newspaper_3

https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Bohemian_Archive_in_Japanese_Red/Alice

https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Dolls_in_Pseudo_Paradise

"Fans upon seeing ZUN's rather joking remark about her being fond of cutting off heads in Symposium of Post-mysticism, took it awfully seriously and started to work it into some recent fanarts, depicting her as horribly vicious. While this trend has died down, this has become a sore spot for a portion of fans. However, some artists have taken to drawing her with yukkuri as an alternative."

I'm the kind of author that takes canon and fanon and twists them together when I can think of a use. You can have cute murderous girls. You can have sweet, motherly robots or shy, dorky racists, too. A yandere still does have the dere after all.
>> No. 193336
>>193298

One last thing. Going by how Seiga works, and how Yoshika has free will while the charm is off, it's entirely likely. I'd imagine that she was doing her own thing in the EX stage, as she only has the power level of Yukari while following orders.
>> No. 193337
File 148276225270.png - (224.73KB , 466x278 , They certainly are inventive___.png ) [iqdb]
193337
Your eyes shoot open as you jolt upright, gasping for air. You're a bit choked up, your face wet with tears. Gritting your teeth and grabbing a towel to dry your eyes, you let out a sigh of irritation. How many more times will you wake like this? Looking down at yourself, you find your under shirt to be clinging to you with sweat. ...Great, you don't know where you bathe in this base. Sighing, you pull your tank top over your head, looking about for a place to place them. Satisfied that what you've found is indeed for laundry, you begin to consider your options, and opt that a shower is important.

From the sound of it, the launching of the Inazuma will be more or less the christening of a ship. Not one to skimp on formality simply because your CO seems the type to do just that, you grab what you need and begin looking around for someone to ask directions from Finding a fairy with the strangest pigtails, you soon are on your way to what is surprisingly a full blown bath. Unsurprisingly, it's spick and span, if unused.

You don't bother with a soak in the tub, as you doubt you would have a need for such a thing. You only rode a boat through Abyssal infested waters, dreamt of your dead wife, listened to a small girl scream for hours and finally dreamt of your dead wife. Again. ...In truth, you're a bit stressed, though you aren't about to allow yourself luxury, only scrubbing and dumping water on yourself. You also shampoo your hair for good measure. Quickly toweling off, you go about getting dressed and are soon on your way for the mess hall. A few signs later, and a hustling, bustling gaggle of fairies carefully moved through, you begin to head for where the fairies are taking their turns to serve themselves. Shockingly, they are each getting full-sized human servings by way of a somewhat complex hose system.

To put it bluntly, they look like they're serving themselves by fire hose through a team effort with what looks like soup, stew or gruel. You spy Ellen among them, overseeing the smooth operation of it all. After a bit, she notices you. "Captain♥! It's a pleasure to see you again so soon! Do you need anything, perhaps...? I see you took a bath already, so that only leaves two things if I remember the saying correctly~♥"

— - — - —

[ ] What do you respond? Write-in.
>> No. 193340
[x] I'm afraid my CO doesn't approve of the last option.
-[x] A waste, if you ask me, but rules are rules.

Good think we asked her.
>> No. 193342
>>193337
[x] I'm afraid my CO doesn't approve of the last option.
-[x] A waste, if you ask me, but rules are rules.

He could do with a laugh after that stressful day.
>> No. 193343
>>193340
>>193342

Except, our CO totally does approve of fraternization. She told us that while it may be unlikely, the decision to allow it is up to us and the crew.

[X] An offer, so graciously given, of both food and the pleasure of your company? How could I possibly refuse?
-[X] Pull up a chair, the more the merrier.
>> No. 193344
>>193343
I vote this too. The more the merrier, as he said.
>> No. 193346
Fraternization ho!

[x] An offer, so graciously given, of both food and the pleasure of your company? How could I possibly refuse?
-[x] Pull up a chair, the more the merrier.
>> No. 193379
File 148327150270.jpg - (167.49KB , 850x1142 , Best orca.jpg ) [iqdb]
193379
Time to get this back on track, ehh? Today, just this. Assuming my OS installs easily, tomorrow I'll be quite free to write till my heart's content!
>> No. 193381
File 148328577096.png - (115.68KB , 257x280 , about 1 to 1 scale.png ) [iqdb]
193381
[x] An offer, so graciously given, of both food and the pleasure of your company? How could I possibly refuse?
-[x] Pull up a chair, the more the merrier.


— - — - —

Well, when in Rome, as they say. Your CO did allow it, to whatever degree her oddly vague statement was meant to be. Plus, after seeing what you saw and dreaming what you dreamt... Frankly, the flirting did cheer you up just a bit. "With an offer like that, how can I refuse? I think I'll accept the remaining two." You chuckle just a bit, the corners of your mouth tugging upwards ever so slightly into something approaching a smile. It feels a bit odd to say that after all.

She tilts her tiny head a bit at your words, asking, "But who would refuse delicious porridge...?" Even at her size, you can tell she's a bit upset at the very thought, balling her fists. "Who possibly could...? There is no room in this world for such a monster...!" Her tiny fists relax a bit. "Not even spiders might resist its delicious temptations~♥"

You flinch a bit, your words unwittingly seeming to have touched a nerve. "I didn't mean it like that, Miss." You sigh. You've never really been too good at pussyfooting around things, really. "And I'm sure it's delicious."

"Thank you! Your kind words are wonderful, Captain~♥ A greater meal than even this~"

You eye the pot, as well as the full-sized bowls. "As for the food, is there a way around the..." You eye the odd contraption.

"Just call it a food hose~ R&D built it with love, I can tell♥! As for how to get at it, the hose isn't in the way of the lid or the like. We do have to keep in mind that we are the only ones that shrunk after all."

— - — - —

[ ] Try to man the small yet not too small hose. Fire hoses are sturdy, so you shouldn't damage it.
[ ] Ladle. You aren't messing with delicate equipment when you don't have to.
>> No. 193382
[X] Try to man the small yet not too small hose. Fire hoses are sturdy, so you shouldn't damage it.
>> No. 193394
>>193381

[ ] Try to man the small yet not too small hose. Fire hoses are sturdy, so you shouldn't damage it.

Time to show our hose handling skills
>> No. 193395
[X]Doth mine eyes deceive me? Segregated facilities for fairies???
-[x]Ban ladle usage throughout the facility

[X] Use the food blaster.
>> No. 193397
Mind if I ask a couple questions, mister writer?
>> No. 193398
>>193397

Go right ahead~
>> No. 193402
[X] Ladle. You aren't messing with delicate equipment when you don't have to.
>> No. 193408
>>193398 I'm back.
1. Is there any significance behind the names you choose as aliases when you post these stories, like Abhoth and Re-class?
2. Where do you get the ideas for your stories?
>> No. 193409
File 148349868445.jpg - (190.44KB , 600x800 , Double double.jpg ) [iqdb]
193409
>>193408

Abhoth is a creature of Lovecraftian lore. The source of all filth, if I remember it correctly.
http://lovecraft.wikia.com/wiki/Abhoth

Re-class is my favorite demonic spider mook, not to mention much like Rumia mixed with Koishi, which are two of my favorite character. Then you add the snake butt.

Sonanoka is my original pen name, from back when I wrote on Fanfiction. Mind you, it's not the whole of the name.

DETERMINATION is what I am. I live life without ceasing my goals that I intend to keep to. When a void appears, when a need arises, I quickly put myself towards that goal. Writing is one goal that I put above most others, and with the sheer degree I obsess over my goals, well... Let's just say that I wasn't unsure as to if I would complete NaNoWriMo across these three stories. More scared that I'd miss the daily deadline and have to do something drastic in apology.

As for my inspiration, well... This story in particular was inspired by my lovely assistant, when he commented on how I lost interest in Kancolle. I then started getting ideas, and they would not allow resistance. I mean, I started the story on the 17th of November and yet still hit 30 updates by the 30th.

Ghosts, on the other hand, simply isn't my idea. I merely twist it as I twist all things I write.

Eastern Tale was more or less the culmination of boredom and my interest in Undertale. I got bored of waiting to start Ghosts, so I started that.

Forgotten Gensoukyou was merely my way of celebrating Touhou's history. I've started rewriting it, but it's on hold for now.

A Very Tokiko Valentine's Day was my attempt to write like my favorite author, not to mention practice for Ghosts. The MC was canon Tokiko, the lolikiko was my own, whom I always was fond of, and the last was borrowed.

There are perhaps more, but I cannot comment till the contest ends.

Still, my writing process is more or less this:

1. Think of a character.
2. What is their fanon like?
3. What is their canon like?
4. Are there any similarities in the two?
5. Warp the character using these various traits, then play them straight. Use fanon in a negative light, more often than not.
6. Portray them, no matter how odd or silly an idea they are, as a proper character.
7. Crank their power to 11 and flip the Zun switch.

When the story needs thinking up, I don't have some sprawling plan. Never really have. I think of checkpoints, more or less. I think of things I want the story to lead to, not how to get there. This gives quite a lot of wiggle room and keeps writers block from really happening. When I reach a checkpoint, I usually adjust the next accordingly to how things have gone.

Currently, Eastern Tale has the most planning to it, honestly. This is mostly due to having to create a lot of tweaking to characters, leading to quite a lot of butterflies.

TL;DR: Ever play Borderlands 2? I subscribe to that school of thought.

>> No. 193417
>>193409
Somehow, this post is setting off all alarms in my head about cancer. Please reign yourself in.
>> No. 193419
"I write to appease the ancient demon sealed within my right arm. It is the only thing that delays the Infinit Darkness from being released from the depths of my soul"

Source: Sona's Fanfiction page

OP confirmed Chunni.

Also, This post was made in jest, and probably isn't true. Probably.
>> No. 193420
>>193417

He asked; I answered. If one doesn't want answers, one needn't look over such answers. They were spoilered for a reason after all. Is my writing so terrible? No. No, it is not. I merely get a tad ambitious, and am still getting used to the ways of writing CYOA type stories. They are quite a bit harder to work with and keep running on the rails than a story that comes from within. Are my stories the best? Hah! No. I don't aim for the best, I aim for my best, which I rather consistently deliver.

In the case you meant cancer proper, no, I'm just fine, thank you. Sorry for my reaction, if that is the case. I simply don't get along well with that term.


>>193419

My god, that's a rather tame demon. Back in my day

Still, I did try to be like them long ago. Wanting to fit in, I used the 'chan's and 'san's and 'kun's for all of 3-12 updates something near 5-6 years ago. Mind you, back then, I was horrifically bad.

Now I like to think I'm only horrible. Progress!

Also, the names were chosen not for what they are from alone, but for their deeper meanings. After all, they were names I used so as to hide who it was I am, and are more symbolic than anything.

Plus, I really, really love Lovecraft. It's why I chose that name after all.

>> No. 193421
>>193419
Still second best to our dear shoggy.

Also, if you think that's a tame demon, you should check diabolic tome. I've read about saints with more bloodlust

Finally, I guess it is time for a FF.net Google search
>> No. 193423
File 148354320851.webm - (41.49KB , I'm giddy.webm ) [iqdb]
193423
>>193421

I could always just... you know... tell you the name?

But go ahead, uhh... Go and do that!

I'll wish you luck, as there surely aren't something like 60 people with that catchphrase for a name!

Mind you, you will probably need quite some time to read all of it, as it is in the neighborhood of 600-700k words all in all. Assuming that is your intent.
>> No. 193424
>>193423

Actually, ignore what I said. Googling that actually came up with 6 pages of hits, some of whom are actually about me!

Imagine that...
>> No. 193425
File 148354563877.jpg - (12.28KB , 394x183 , Let's hope this isn't how this ends.jpg ) [iqdb]
193425
[X] Use the food blaster.

— - — - —

You find yourself curious of the hose, even if it's far bigger than should be easily used by such small individuals. "However, I have to ask, is it as much like a hose as it looks?"

"Ohh, the food delivery system? Yes, it is! Rika, Rikako and Chiyuri took an hour off from their work to design it so that we needn't have another repeat incident like when one of us fell in!"

You shudder just a bit. The thought is horrifying, to say the least. Falling in a pot of boiling food, grease or water sounds like an easy way to die. "Is it as sturdy as it looks?"

"Ohh, certainly. It has to be, for we found that our strength is the same as it was before, if concentrated to our smaller form~ Imagine if all the muscles in your arm were put into my arm by some odd means." Well, that's a strange thought.

"How does it work?"

"Why, it's simple enough that even a child could figure out, if with help dealing with the pressurized aspects."

"Pressure?"

"Ahh, well, it works a lot like a firehose. Those shoot really quite hard, you know. I can't imagine how they manage to work such a thick meal through the same tube as soup, but some things the world may never know, sadly..." She sighs wistfully.

"Might I inspect how it works?"

Perking up, she motions to the pot. "Go right ahead, Captain~♥ Just don't handle her more roughly than you would a fairy and everything will be juuuuust fine!"

Vaguely worried now, as they look like they would easily be crushed in one's hand, you step over to the table where the many mouths take their turns to be fed. You watch them a bit to get an idea of its workings, finding that it seems to be operated by valve. One turns the somewhat large valve, at least for their size, and three more aim it. It seems as if the valve operator changes every time, meaning that they are the one getting food.

As you watch, Ellen offers, "If you ever have need, I can also cook something special just for you, Captain~"

Memories of the warning cross your mind. Might this be what they meant? "Maybe some other time." With that, you proceed to approach the food, grabbing something to fill once near the machine.

To be continued...

— - — - —

Sorry, need to sleep. Have what I finished thus far!
>> No. 193429
I'm beginning to think this story might lack focus.

That said, can't wait to see how the op ended
>> No. 193434
See you then.
>> No. 193442
>>193429

It's more that I've been having trouble discerning how much choice to give in a given situation. Updates should lengthen starting soon, however, and I should be hitting the ground running from there.
>> No. 193459
File 148366524359.jpg - (168.89KB , 850x850 , Only two things here aren't accurate.jpg ) [iqdb]
193459
After arriving at the food machine, you clear your throat, gaining the attention of the three as the fourth leaves with her disproportionately large portion. The three give you a salute, earning one in return. "I need to try out this dispenser. Is there anything I need to know of its operation before doing so?" The next couple minutes are filled with quiet instructions from the fairies, detailing the usage of the dispenser. It is more or less how you figured it was, and it thankfully has no fairy-sized buttons that must be pressed to use it, only to actually start it up.

With that done, you try to use the hose, gripping it firmly, as was instructed. Turning the valve, but careful about the kick, you find that there really is a lot of kick to it. If let go, it just might flail about, spraying food everywhere and likely giving one a run for their money. The rate that it dispenses the food is actually quite fast, as they warned. In just ten seconds, the bowl is filled with a heaping helping. With that done, you signify as such.

With your interactions with the three over, you take up a seat beside Ellen, vaguely amused by the fact that the table has stairs leading up to it for the fairies. It seems they have worked to make the base accessible to themselves. Smiling up at you, Ellen says, "Bon appetit~♥"

You're careful as you eat, not wanting to get anything on your uniform before what you expect to be at least somewhat ceremonial. Perhaps a christening or the like, although you question if that would be wise. From the look of things, she is to be the brain of a ship, and it's entirely likely she will have some form of sensation, though hopefully not pain. ...Then again, you're not quite sure what to expect, to be honest; they are using Abyssal technology. For all you know, the ship will grow pearly whites and eyes.

Sighing, your hunger slightly dampened at the thought of those terrible maws, you don't quite finish the meal, earning a frown from Ellen. "Was it not delicious, Captain...?"

"It's not that. It actually was very good, I just lost my appetite."

Ellen's frown takes an edge of concern, if her voice is anything to go by. "...Do you want to talk about it?"

You're quiet for a little while. "...Maybe another time. I'd rather not think of horrible things. Would rather a bit of cheer after today."

"Toda-" She holds her tongue, before smiling a bit. Changing course, she says, "Then I'll give you all the cheer I can muster, Captain."

"Thank you."

Tapping her lip, she says, "Hmm... But how...?"

After a moment, you offer, "Perhaps you could tell me as to if you really meant what you said earlier?"

She tilts her head. "What I meant?"

You don't know quite how to phrase it, so you ask, "Were you perhaps... flirting with me?"

She stares a while. Her eyes are wide with shock, and so she stammers, "N-no, sir! I wouldn't dare to, erm... do such a thing."

You quirk a brow. "Then what did you mean by 'two other things'?"

"Well, I imagined a hot meal or some company would shake some ice off of you~♥"

You smile a bit. "Thank you." One thing you're starting to realize with fairies is that, due to being so small, it's difficult to actually tell their rank, or if they indeed carry one. It makes it very difficult to tell how you should refer to them, save for just outright asking. You imagine that they will be instituting some new system to make it simpler to tell for those not six inches tall, assuming there is even on for those of that size.

She smiles in return. "You're welcome. I did wish to give everyone the best meal one can get out here." A bit quieter, she comments, "I'm just not the best at doing so consistently, I've heard."

"And yet you were called the best cook of the base regardless."

Ellen's face goes a bit red. "Thank you, Captain." She sounds quite sincere in her thanks.

"Still, I should be going."

"Take care. I heard of the success." She lets out a sigh. "I'm glad that the program is finally paying off." She smiles up at you regardless of her tone. The smile is big enough to easily recognize, at least.

With that, you head off to check the status of Aoko. You took your nap, you had a meal, and now it is time to check how things are going.

To be continued...

— - — - —

Because, honestly, the constant vote chances are becoming more an excuse to not write. I ain't having my crap, so I'll write at my own pace, myself be damned!

Mind you, now I have an excuse to not add votes, but still.
>> No. 193465
works for me.
>> No. 193467
I'd take more content over more votes everyday. Some of the most popular stories)(like "Forever stuck on Alice's vault" and "Eclipse in Gensokyo" had like one every 4 or 5 updates, and only at important and character defining moments)

And if it keep you writing juices flowing, who am I to deny you the pleasure of release?
>> No. 193485
More update > More votes

>>193467 Are those stories worth reading?
>> No. 193487
File 148390633010.jpg - (95.54KB , 571x578 , That wraps up the contest!.jpg ) [iqdb]
193487
>>193409

Alrighty, continuing from where I left off...

>>/at/38119 Between the Lines has been my first proper lewd in years, and though it didn't, say, win, I felt I did quite well for what it is. More or less, as it was a contest, I felt I had to do every category I qualified for. With Satsuki Rin and Kosuzu being some of my favorite 'hous, my first thought as to who would make sense to pair with her ended up being the girl with the power to read between the lines.

Yes, the basis of the story was a pun. If you didn't realize it, think a bit harder. It's extremely on the nose.

Moving on...

>>/shorts/2032 Krampus Steals Christmas was my more serious entry into the contest. Where as I spent 5 minutes thinking how to write the other, then wrote it in a single night, this was a more protracted one. I first had to figure out how best to write it. Then I had to figure out who the actual characters were. It took a while to decide on the grand daughter being who she was, and I wasn't even sure who to have the grandfather to be till half way through. I'm good at ad lib, though, so I wasn't concerned. It was more important to have an entry than to have it be my 100% after all. Still, I feel it was a pretty good attempt. It was one of my most fun stories in years, honestly. All I knew was I wanted to use Krampus in a Christmas story. And, well...

Well, that happened. Anywho, I should get to writing.

>> No. 193489
Sorry, guys. Dunno why, but I've been exhausted. I'll be sure to write when I get back from the doctor.

...No, the doctor is unrelated. I just go weekly. I'm not dying or anything. It's not that kind of doctor.



Whoops. Forgot to post this.

...Uhh... I'll go write now. Be up in a bit, hopefully. Don't feel tired so far, and writing isn't hard.
>> No. 193490
File 148402095696.jpg - (102.91KB , 850x850 , her backpack looks like an emplacement.jpg ) [iqdb]
193490
Alrighty, let's get back on this horse! If all goes well, you'll see a second or third update tonight! Not of this, mind you, but of the other stories. This would be a fourth update if I did indeed do so.

If not, I'll be passing out in a few hours! Yaaay...

— - — - —

You walk down the halls at a steady pace. The level of cleanliness continues to impress you as you make your way for the dry docks. The walk isn't terribly long, but isn't short either. You pass by numerous fairies as you go, though none are those you recognize. You spy quite a number of them cleaning, you note. You imagine it must be difficult at their size, as they seem able to only handle tools of their size. You make a mental note that it may increase efficiency if something were done to ease such things for them, but also keep in mind that it isn't a top priority.

Before you know it, you finally arrive, greeted by a peculiar sight. The Inazuma is nowhere to be found, though Aoko is talking with the three that lead the R&D department.

Aoko looks far less scared than before, and her words are less stumbled over for it. "Yes, I feel just fine." Gone are the dozens of holes and dozens of ports. Her clothes fit her to the degree you would think a tailor would have to be involved to end up with. You do spy an odd medal over her right kidney, denoting the roman numeral for three, however. You aren't sure as to what it might mean.

Rikako nods from her position on the young girl's shoulder. "Good. No discomfort in your neck?" She has that small tablet handy, though it seems connected by wire to Aoko's neck.

"No, though I do know that you've plugged into it. It's an odd feeling, but definitely not a bad one."

"Noted."

Chiyuri seems most concerned overall. "No violent urges? No desire for human flesh, to bite my head off, or to set the base on fire and join the enemy?"

Aoko sighs, as if she's getting tired of this. "For the twelfth time no, for the sixth time no, for the second time no and if I tried that last one I'd be the first to fire upon myself."

Rikako idly comments, "Perhaps if you ask a few more times she might consider it." After a moment, she adds, "Or perhaps I will if it makes you you." She earns a small smile from Aoko.

Rika snickers at Chiyuri's shudder at the very thought.

— - — - —

[ ] Perhaps now is a good time to see if Rika and Chiyuri are getting along better.
[ ] Clear your throat to announce your presence.
>> No. 193493
[x] See if those two are getting along better

My money's on "not yet" but we'll see
>> No. 193495
[X] Clear your throat to announce your presence.
>> No. 193496
[X] Perhaps now is a good time to see if Rika and Chiyuri are getting along better.
>> No. 193506
Current idea: when an update ends without a vote, next day gets an update among the two I make that day. Next, if both slots aren't full for the day, the one that has gone the longest without an update comes.

Here's hoping I don't somehow reach three needing attention.

Anywho, you get the G update after it's looked over in the morning, once I write it, but this and that shall be what you get today. As there will be the usual delay for G, this comes first.
>> No. 193507
File 148422747361.jpg - (83.37KB , 1433x806 , How crude.jpg ) [iqdb]
193507
[X] Perhaps now is a good time to see if Rika and Chiyuri are getting along better.

— - — - —

The blonde sighs. "Don't joke about things like that, boss."

Rikako, of course, doesn't bother looking. "Then perhaps you shouldn't pester the girl who just had a series of major surgeries, hmm?" Pausing a moment, before chuckling just a bit, she continues, "How is research on the applications of abyssal blood going, Rika? You've yet to submit your status report."

"Ehh? But I could have sworn I..." The braided girl heaves a sigh. "I guess verbal will have to do, then." Chiyuri's heckles seem raised, as if she's expecting something distasteful. Rika, of course, proves her right. "The blood experimentation is going well. Pure blood tests are a failure, as expected: the mice gained those odd glowing eyes after only a small sample, as well as the fur going black and flesh going pale. Subjects 1, 2 and 3 all exhibited normal mouse behavior, and, upon dissection an hour after, showed no sign of deeper corruption. Subjects 4, 5 and 6 likewise exhibited ordinary behavior, though upon dissection did showed signs of corruption after the two hour mark. 7, 8 and 9 were fully Abyssalized, as far as I could tell. Aggression was the same, though they seemed healthier overall. Cognition was elevated above the norm for mice, reaching levels normal for a brain of twice its mass. Weight increased two fold, with no change in proportions or size. Difficulty had in dissection. Subject 0 is healthy. Loss of fur within the week, however. It reminds a bit of the Destroyers, if small and, well... a terrestrial species, as opposed to an aquatic species. I hypothesize that it could have similar effects on a human, leading to, well..."

Rikako finishes, "A humanoid Abyssal. So, there is potential for some truth to the tales of the more humanoid forms." She looks to you from the corner of her eye. "But, then again, Yukari said there was a very rough sketch taken." She looks back to Rika, who looks excited.

Aoko mutters, "I already told you that there's at least the one..." She looks pained in her words.

"A sketch? Of a humanoid?! Ohh, I have to see it! This could provide so many puzzle pieces I need!" She looks overjoyed at the news.

Chiyuri, of course, simply snorts. "Don't see why we can't just study their weaknesses and implement their technologies against them."

Rika looks a bit ruffled. "Because, as I said, the plating is not only as thick as the armor of a normal ship, but also exhibits extraordinary overall protection. We would need weapons that are only pipe dreams to fight them." Idly, she adds, "Or try and use their ammunition against them, but, well..." She trails off a bit. "Well, I don't really want to risk touching live shells."

Chiyuri remarks, "Coward."

"I'd rather be a coward than end up that way."

Chiyuri recoils as if struck.

Rika recoils when struck.

To be continued...
>> No. 193512
File 148431687639.png - (32.22KB , 128x210 , I spent too long finding this.png ) [iqdb]
193512
However, Rika doesn't fall, if nursing a bloody nose. "Bith!" She's obviously unsteady, however, the word coming out more slurred than you'd expect. Sure, the woman in question might be tiny, but you could tell that, if they were of ordinary stature, that would be a plenty good punch.

Rikako simply sighs, and before you can attempt to break anything up that might be starting up, she hops down from Aoko's shoulder, unceremoniously landing on the blonde's shoulders at just the right angle to send them both to the ground. The way they landed, it seems that Rikako's rear absorbed the impact, though Chiyuri obviously wasn't expecting to go down so suddenly. Their position reminds of a piggyback, but that soon changes when the purple haired researcher turns into into a makeshift headlock. "What have I told you about being violent with your fellow researchers, Chiyuri?"

Obviously the lock is far from too tight, as she manages to say with relative ease, "Sorry... It's just a touchy subj—!"

The legs tighten, earning a choke as the blonde tugs at the head of R&D's leg in a vain attempt to dislodge it. "Irrelevant. You threw the blow. You cast the first stone. What happened to your predecessor happened — that is something you cannot deny. I will not have you acting out of line to that degree, nor will I condone needless violence." She lets her go, the cherry-faced blonde gasping for air on the ground as Rikako rises.

Rikako looks to you with curiosity, obviously wondering as to your reaction to that. Meanwhile, Aoko fusses over Rika, the latter of which looking more than a little annoyed.

— - — - —

[ ] Who was out of line?
-[ ] Rika did mention the sore spot.
-[ ] Rikako nearly choked out a fellow researcher.
-[ ] Chiyuri attacked Rika with little provocation.
-[ ] All three. You thought only the two were problemed, but it seems that they all are.
-[ ] None of them.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 193513
(x)All three of them.
>> No. 193514
They really should stop referring to abyssalizationz as "corruption". Abyssals have feeling too ya know? It seems like humanity would be the "corrupted" part of the equation, since Abyssals seem much smarter and stronger than humans. Just sayin.

-[X] None of them.

Ah, the good ol' days when physical counseling was the next step after verbal counseling. Rikako sounds like she hates writing paperwork on people as much as I do.
>> No. 193515
[x] Who was out of line?
-[x] All three. You thought only the two were troubled, but it seems that they all are.
-[x] What was the sore spot?
>> No. 193518
[x] Who was out of line?
-[x] All three. You thought only the two were troubled, but it seems that they all are.
-[x] Either way,the base needs to function. This won't happen with infighting continuing.
-[x] Do you know them well enough to pry that far in? Just get them to stop for now. You can pry in the future.
>> No. 193535
Sorry about the delay~ If I'm not dead tired later, expect G tomorrow.
>> No. 193537
File 148463531451.png - (277.25KB , 561x458 , Hawawawa.png ) [iqdb]
193537
[x] Who was out of line?
-[x] All three. You thought only the two were troubled, but it seems that they all are.
-[1] Either way,the base needs to function. This won't happen with infighting continuing.

— - — - —

You can't help but sigh. It's as if you're working with that old American comedy trio as your R&D department. That they get anything done is a wonder, if they're giving each other bloody noses and headlocks. You finally get around to clearing your throat. "You three are out of line." The three of less purple persuasions finally notice you. "We will discuss this more at a later time. For now, is it broken?"

Rika shakes her head. "Doh, itds judst bweeding."

You give her a nod. "Then get that taken care of. We have to look our best for whatever is in store, after all." While Rika sighs, heading off after a salute, you look to Aoko. "I see you woke up earlier than they expected."

You receive a nod from the girl, before she confirms, "That's right, sir. The anesthetics wore off considerably faster than planned. I'm still not at 100%, but I'm nearing it. Vision is no longer impaired, nor is balance. I've also gotten a bit used to just how heavy I feel, though I feel I have a long ways to go on strength." She looks to the ground off to the side, which you notice has what looks like a girl-sized section of damage. "I, erm... fell down at one point. Sorry, sir — I didn't intend to, erm... damage the dry dock."

You look to Rikako, who answers, "She weighs as much as the ship itself, we believe."

You raise a brow. "How is she not falling through the ground? A ship's weight balanced on two feet..."

Rikako merely answers, "The docks, dry and wet, were designed with this in mind."

"Then she cannot leave the docks?"

"As of yet, unless we discover some way around this, she must stay to the more structurally sound locations. This means, more or less, the ground floor." Rubbing her chin a bit, she comments, "Perhaps now would be a good time for her to be put through her paces. She has been having trouble with strength of arm, so it maybe best that she either grow used to it through strength tests, or simply avoid shaking hands. We should have time enough for at least basic tests, unless you hold objections."

— - — - —

[ ] Proceed with tests now.
[ ] Wait until after.
>> No. 193538
[X]Proceed
>> No. 193539
OK so, this might be a problem. How do we lewd them if they weight so much?

[X] wait until later.

Tests will be more accurate if she archives her baseline understanding of her new body first.
>> No. 193540
[x] Proceed

We have to find a way to counter effect her Wright if we want to do something besides missionary
>> No. 193541
File 148467898144.jpg - (255.87KB , 850x1102 , That isn't my serious side!.jpg ) [iqdb]
193541
>>193539
>>193540
I see you guys are asking the important questions.
>> No. 193542
[X] Proceed with tests now.
>> No. 193543
>>193540

Even that would be a risky proposition my dude. Consider Aoko's leg muscles and the ratio by which they would need to increase in strenght to effortlessly support her weight. Now, apply that same ratio to her other muscles. particularly, and more relevant to this conversation; the ones involved in vaginal contractions.

I'm sure you can see the problem that may arise should we attempt any act inclusive within the set of all that is [Intercourse].
>> No. 193549
[X] Wait until later.

Tide, piss, etc. No need to rush her.
>> No. 193556
Calling in around 10 or so hours.
>> No. 193558
File 148516323222.jpg - (8.29KB , 299x168 , Not your main guns!.jpg ) [iqdb]
193558
[X] Proceed with tests now.

— - — - —

If her strength is anything of worry, she's a loaded weapon in untrained hands. "Proceed with tests as you see fit. It's better to not have to even worry about such an issue." You don't want to have to explain a perhaps pulverized hand. If she's anything like what you imagine a super soldier to be, there's no doubt that she can damage more than just the floor, especially going by the small-scale main guns on her backpack.

Rikako simply nods, motioning for Aoko to lower herself. When she does, the bespectacled researcher leaps a surprising height for her size, landing easily on the girl's scalp. "Let's get going." Chiyuri makes no moves to join her.

While you hold the three at fault, you do recognize that, if it were an uglier situation, Rikako's choice would have been more correct. However, she didn't simply stop at restraining her fellow researcher. If she had, you might actually commend her for settling the issue cleanly and swiftly.

Chiyuri is, as well, at fault. Her fault is a short fuse lit by a small comment taken poorly. You do wonder just who it is that keeps the aggression between the two as tense as they are. It may be worth looking into incident reports and the like at a later time. Surely, if there were other times such as these, they would be recorded.

Rika, though the most innocent in this particular dispute, is also at fault. Even if unintentional, even if only vaguely provoked, she did initiate the hostilities to a degree. After all, were it not for her words, the issue would have never cropped up. But, at the same time, you will need to isolate this issue to find a way to resolve it, if not simply ask.

Before long, you arrive at R&D's lab, still as it was before you left, not a speck of dust out of place. Although, you doubt there really are any specks of dust to worry over — though a bit messy and cluttered in many ways, it certainly is clean in the most important sense. And, seeing as they have produced such a success, it is their choice how their work space is. Were it any other station, you likely would have words for them, but as things are, well... sometimes a mess is exactly the way it needs to be, to put it in your younger self's words.

Aoko is the one to break the silence, asking, "What sort of tests are there to be?" It's still odd how great a shift there has been in how she handles herself. She looks only slightly nervous now, compared to when she fought death and won.

Rikako answers, "We will see what you can destroy with your strength, for starters. You needn't worry, as, as I told you, pain simulation, though dulled as it is, can be turned off if needed. We also need to see as to your durability, of course, so it shall be by punching. First wood, then stone, then sheet metal, then two, three and four layers, and finally, assuming you make it that far, we shall try a section of hull prepared for just such an occasion."

To be continued...
>> No. 193559
File 148520084355.jpg - (104.02KB , 650x512 , I spent way too long looking for a frownie cute.jpg ) [iqdb]
193559
Soon enough, Rikako and Chiyuri have finished setting up a stack of short wooden planks. Aoko comments, "If I'm so strong, wouldn't punching scatter them dangerously...?"

Rikako answers, "I suppose I should specify: the first two tests will be chops, for they are thicker, less stable materials when used in such thing. However, first, the two of you should put on safety goggles. We've yet to see how durable those eyes of yours are, and it would be a shame to blind the first DD over an overestimation." She points to a cabinet. "Captain, I trust you can reach them? It will be faster than were we to climb to them." At your odd look, she adds, "We moved all the useful things that we have no personal use for to the higher cabinets."

Nodding, you open the one in question. Looking about a bit, you eventually find a large number of safety goggles. Handing a pair over to Aoko, you then don a pair of your own. Looking back to your R&D, you find the two behind a sheet of glass on a thick stand. You get an okay from Rikako, and Aoko puts on a rather serious face. It's an odd look for a child, and her exaggerated frown merely comes off as a bit cute. But, then again, if the goofier looking fish can be terrifying all the same, well...

You take a step back to hopefully avoid shrapnel and/or splinters.

Rikako simply says, once Aoko is in place, "Begin."

Aoko takes a deep breath, steadying herself, before letting it out. She begins tapping her hand against the top of the wood once, twice, three times...

In a blur of motion, she chops clean through the wood.

Aoko yelps, however. "Oww!"

Rikako sighs, asking, "Did you not turn off your pain simulation?"

"Sorry, sorry... It's new to me, so I turned off the wrong thing..." She lets out a sigh, before brushing the debris off her hand. Slapping her thigh how you imagine to be lightly, she nods with satisfaction. "Okay, it's done. I'm ready for the next test."

Next up, the fae place down a stack of stone tiles. Nowhere in the base have you seen them, so they must be specifically for this intent.

With another chop, the tiles are broken from top to base, just as easily as wood.

Next, the fairies begin to set up a stand that will hold sheet metal, before climbing it and clamping the sides in place.

With a punch, a hole is cleanly made, or as cleanly as can be.

Aoko opts to roll her sleeve up before the next one, seemingly worried for her uniform's sake, if you had to guess.

With another punch, she makes another hole through two sheets, followed by three, and finally four.

To be continued...
>> No. 193562
>>193559
How long did you spend looking for that picture, man? It is too appropriate.
>> No. 193563
>>193562

Actually, the picture is the reason I came up with the situation, as it put ideas in my head.

I have had that tab open for quite some time. Let me look at the picture I found and I'll tell you just how long.

Let's see... Ahh! >>193157 A month and a half ago, when searching for a sweatdrop picture. I have about 10 such "I have to use these" pictures open at the moment, though few are for this particular story.

Also, don't worry. These pictures aren't running the show, only enhancing it. Think of it not as it being injected into where it should not be, and instead being injected in places where I see fit when I realize that I really should have thought of such and such. Things that add nothing and change nothing, but add flavor and fill out the world a bit more. When I do this, it's typically heavily considered as to how to implement it and when.
>> No. 193576
File 148537724820.png - (1.04MB , 850x1360 , That wasn't so bad.png ) [iqdb]
193576
Staring at her hand as she clenches and unclenches a fist, Aoko asks, "Is that everything...?"

"Of course not. There remains the final, and most important test of all." She motions to Chiyuri, who is currently carting in a rather thick sheet of, if you had to guess, steel. The color, though... "As you are most likely to face Destroyers, we decided that it would be best if you test that strength of yours on a sheet of their armor. Not a terribly large amount, as every bit is precious, but, well... it will be the closest thing that you will get before you face them after more intensive training and practice."

Aoko's feet falter, taking an unconscious step away from it. "Then that came off of..." At Rikako's nod, you can practically hear the girl gulp, odd as that may be for one presumably made of metal. "I see..." She stares at the thick armor plate, and you can see many emotions mix in the cauldron she calls a face: fear and sorrow. Worry and anger. The lines between each blurs to the point it's difficult to tell. You blink as you notice her guns leveling on it, and Chiyuri obviously notices as well, diving out of the way.

Silence reigns. No shells pound armor. Nothing ricochets. Nothing explodes hellishly. Just a trembling girl balling her fists, as if seeing the boogeyman himself.

Your fists clenched to the point of whiteness as well, but you certainly think you handled that much better than she.

Rikako clears her throat, obviously forcing as much volume into that action as possible. "Inazuma, you may wish to be more careful." Earning an odd look from the girl, she simply points to the barrels trained on the thick sheet of onyx metal.

Realization dawns, burning away those other emotions in an instant. "Umm... sorry. It's just difficult. I wasn't prepared, and, erm..." Her words peter out. "...Sorry." She rubs her arm, the batteries each returning to a more neutral position.

The purple one simply sighs. "It's fine, Aoko. You needn't worry. We all have our reasons for being here, and it's understandable that you feel as such."

The girl frowns. "I'm not Aoko." Rikako's brow quirking, she explains, "You all said that I'm to take on the name of the Inazuma. So... don't get cold feet now. My name isn't Aoko — I want to focus on the here and now. I want to push towards the future, not live in the past..."

Rikako sighs. "Very well. I'll respect those wishes, in that case. However, I will point out that this is a part of a long dead Abyssal. If it were still alive, something would have happened by now, surely."

She receives a hesitant nod from the heavy child. "Alright. Here I go, then..." She puts on another exaggerated serious expression, approaching where it had been set up by Chiyuri. She slaps her thigh again for good measure, takes a few steadying breaths, and closes her eyes.

Clang!

It a blur of motion, she doesn't penetrate the hide of the beast, only dent it. That she even did that, though, is more than even ramming had managed...

She leaves Chiyuri in awe, though Rikako smiles large enough to actually easily see it. "It seems we stand a chance..."

Chiyuri comments, "No kidding... Not even battleships managed that much..." She grins.

It is now that Rika chooses to show up. She looks as surprised as the rest of you. "...Well, then... Seems we might win this after all." She heads over to the steel and starts inspected it, being the head of Abyssal research. She looks oddly at the dent, grabbing a small ladder to look closer. "Hmm? Oddly shiny..." She leans in, trying to get a better look, and even pulls out a flashlight. "...Is it... bleeding?"

Rikako frown a bit. "Then perhaps we should be more careful with it if even the metal... bleeds..." She trails off as she stares at Inazuma. You follow her eyes to the point of concern.

Her fist has a bit of the oily blood on it, clinging like painted-on tar.

— - — - —

[ ] The sink. Water doesn't react, right?
[ ] They know better what to do. Leave it to them.
>> No. 193577
[x] They know better what to do. Leave it to them

I want to go all in like a hero to protect our waifu but... we don't know jack shit
>> No. 193584
>>193577

Pretty much this. A good commander needs to trust the work and word of his technical experts. No matter what rank they hold.

[x] They know better what to do. Leave it to them
>> No. 193586
>>193576
[ ] They know better what to do. Leave it to them.
>> No. 193587
[X] They know better what to do. Leave it to them.

I don´t want even a drop of abyssal blood to reach the sea with that armada out there. If they are anything like sharks we will have our first encounter before we are ready to take it on.
>> No. 193594
(x)they know better. leave it ti them.
>> No. 193600
>>193587

Abyssals are significantly smarter than sharks. If they also possessed a sense of smell as keen as a shark, they would be able to find us anyway by keying in on the various other smells associated with human occupation of an area.
>> No. 193601
File 148560431235.jpg - (64.11KB , 1200x659 , Egads.jpg ) [iqdb]
193601
[X] They know better what to do. Leave it to them.

— - — - —

Chiyuri looks panicked, looking to Rikako. Rikako, in turn, turns to the Abyssal expert. "Rika, have you devised a treatment as of yet?"

Rika sighs, answering, "No. It's not easy to work with to begin with. Still, the Inazuma should be resistant if not outright immune..."

"Projected probability of infection?"

"Inconclusive; I've simply been unable to test it, as she's the first success."

"Treatment?"

"Tricky as well. It's not an ordinary compound, though it's mildly acidic. It's like orange juice, but also a bit like oil. Thicker than human blood, so maybe even tar."

Chiyuri jokes, "Toothpaste? Orange juice is, well... ...bad timing, yeah."

Rika taps her lip. "Toothpaste does have a bit of a reaction with orange juice... ...But why?"

Rikako offers, "The foam disables taste buds, more or less. Worth a try as a test, but not now. Too unlikely."

Rika nods. "Bleach?"

Chiyuri replies, "Might react poorly."

Rikako mutters to herself, thinking, "Water doesn't react... But then, we don't know the exact acid... Hmm... Or even if a known acid..."

Rika looks to you. "Sir, we need to get it off her. A towel will do."

Ciyuri sounds incredulous. "A towel? With what it did to those mice, you trust a towel? Careful you don't trip on your balls..."

"The matter isn't the how but that it's done, at least not right now." She looks to you. "Thick cloth. Your coat, your hat, a towel, a blanket... Whatever it is, it's needed now."

— - — - —

[ ] Find a towel. Easy enough. You know there are some from when you bathed. It's not too terribly far.
[ ] Your room has sheets. If you run, surely they will be there. Short enough of a run as well.
[ ] Wouldn't Inazuma's clothes also do? Although, that may be a bit selfish.
[ ] You have no time. Use your coat. Fold it over twice to make it thicker.
[ ] Your hat is thicker on its own, but... it's your hat. Do you really wish to sacrifice that?
[ ] As strong as she is, amputation is an option. It's not like it would cause lasting damage, right?
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 193602
[X] She'll be fine. Continue the tests.

She has the stuff in her right? What's the big deal?
>> No. 193605
"The deal" is corruption, mind control and, in the best case, death

[x] ] You have no time. Use your coat. Fold it over twice to make it thicker.

Experts failed, time to go all out hero and save our waifu
>> No. 193606
>>193605

How the heck is she going to fight Abysals if the slightest bit of blood is a "Commander goes full retard" level emergency? She literally has Abyssal blood flowing through her delicious little loli body.
>> No. 193610
>>193606
Her blood is treated.
And how do you battle them? Well, with proper insulation and from a couple of miles away. Modern naval warfare hardly involves medieval fire ships or ramming maneuvers.
>> No. 193613
[x] Find a towel (or an appropriate substitute). Easy enough. You know there are some from when you bathed. It's not too terribly far.

Testing should have some sort of cloth designed primarily for this sort of incident. As long as it's wiped off soon enough, there shouldn't be any harm done.

If there is nothing available... well, it's something that will have to be corrected later. But for now, keep calm and carry on.

>>193610
Ten bucks our next shippie would end up as a Tenryuu.

Also, author, if we ever end up with an Iowa, can we have her use something more, erm, sensible?
>> No. 193619
Watching this thread, op. Can't wait for naval battles.
>> No. 193624
File 148569187983.jpg - (600.96KB , 789x1008 , Please god no.jpg ) [iqdb]
193624
>>193613

If we ever ended up with Iowa, I'm sure I would consider this fact. But a BB is far, far off. Picture unrelated.
>> No. 193628
>>193613
>>193624
Is something wrong with Iowa that I'm not aware of?
>> No. 193630
File 148571281697.jpg - (32.23KB , 333x499 , The Key to Success.jpg ) [iqdb]
193630
>>193628

Apparently so.
>> No. 193649
File 148585861242.png - (178.24KB , 777x777 , Mostly cosmetic.png ) [iqdb]
193649
[x] You have no time. Use your coat. Fold it over twice to make it thicker.

— - — - —

You begin to hurriedly unbutton your jacket, one button after another. However, after the second, as well as a small amount of hesitation, you simply rip it open — you aren't getting this jacket back, that's for sure, so why treat it otherwise? You shake it out, fold it over once, and then once more. The material is thick, but you aren't taking unneeded risks. You take a knee in front of Inazuma, your jacket on top of each palm. "Give me your hand but don't let it drop. If you are so heavy, well..."

The girl in question blushes at the weight comment, though wordlessly offers her hand. It hovers inches over your palms, not swaying or making a single motion whatsoever. You take no time to begin rubbing off the thick oily substance. Its consistency is certainly thick as it looks...

Watching all the while, Rika comments, "Be sure to scrub hard; she won't be hurt no matter how hard you go at it. I'll take care of the jacket afterwards. It might be of interest to study..." By the tone of voice, she sounds like she has something in mind.

You take no moment to stop as you nod curtly. No answer is given verbally, though an understanding of the request is given regardless. "Fingers spread." The girl does as such, and your hands offer no resistance to those powerful... well, you won't assume it's purely robotic, going by the Destroyer. As you think on how tiny her hand is, while also feeling like you're detailing a car, you consider just what these various things done to Aoko might mean. You may never see the girl herself, deep in the bowls of the boat she's become, but will she become like the mice spoken of?

After the longest time, you pull away, blinking when you do. "I don't think it was the Fish's blood."

The three come over to inspect what you mean, and find that the skin over Inazuma's knuckles has been torn open. One one hand, that's a big load off your mind. On the other, that just raises more concerning thoughts.

On yet another hand, you feel like you wasted a perfectly good uniform.

To be continued...
>> No. 193651
>>193649
Okay, so melee is not so good. And the pain inhibitors are working fine, but she still needs some way to measure damage. And we wasted a good uniform.
>> No. 193669
File 148595457574.jpg - (72.50KB , 320x375 , It seems you've something in common for the t.jpg ) [iqdb]
193669
>>193649

Rikako looks to you as the others look over the damaged knuckles, discussing how to deal with this. "You made the best call, you felt. Regardless of the outcome, none will think less of you for that small sacrifice, but I, at least, think more of you for it." She adjusts her glasses. "It will be far more a pleasure to work under one willing to treat them like people, and treat them as vital assets at that."

You frown, though admit, "It's difficult to treat a child quite at the same level as a fully grown woman."

She stares a moment, before snorting lightly. "Sometimes, walking the blade's edge of rigid and flexible is important." Eyeing the sword at your hip, she continues, "That is why you are here, is it not? You were the first man swallowed by an Abyssal to survive the ordeal. Not only that, but to sink it..."

You sigh, feeling a bit weary of that focus. "All well and good, but I'm not planning to jump down the throat of a Fish again any time soon, let alone every one we come across." Shaking your head, you add, "In the end, I was chosen not for my leading skills, but for the exact opposite."

"Your willingness to dirty your hands is admirable, you know." She takes off her glasses, cleaning them a bit, before putting them back on. She sounds considerably warmer than when you first got here, honestly. "Sometimes, the best leader isn't the best leader." At your puzzled look, she explains, "Sometimes, strategy, tactics and all those things simply don't work." Chuckling quietly, she adds, "Sometimes, you need to do something stupid to mark history with your heel. You may have been a fool, Captain, but it was that foolishness that might give us a chance."

You look to Inazuma. The two who argue incessantly are actually working together for a change, though mostly because neither is doing any actual talking, and instead are simply writing all they see down. The knuckles of the girl of question look far less machine than you expected, and far less still than you are comfortable with. No metallic shine to that which resides under the skin. Of course, that will make things more difficult by far, but that isn't important as of right now. You'll worry about what a sunken ship will look like now, and instead focus on the fact that she dented thick armor from the thing.

The wound, if you want to call it that, seems to have stopped bleeding that vile oil they call blood. You aren't unfamiliar with their blood, only that it's not something one wants to touch. After all, the planes bleed as well, and those are far easier to shoot down.

Looking down to the stained collection of fabric and metal you once called a jacket, you sigh. The white is no longer white, at least not the whole thing, and any place touched by the blood has been stained the darkest of blacks. There is no between — all you spy is black on white, though it's not spreading or the like, just... blackening.

As was requested, you set it off to the side. Before Rikako joins the others, she recommends, "Perhaps you should get dressed. You're going to make my sister turn into a tomato once she isn't distracted." At your risen brow, she answers, "She's not what you would call experienced."

You're taken aback by that statement. "That... isn't something I needed to know."

"No, though it is something you risk by staying like that."

You pinch your brow, but, in the end, you do relent. You don't want to distract from their work, and so head back to your room. Checking the time, you find that you've surprisingly little remaining. Either you slept longer than you thought, or Ellen distracted you for far longer than was intended, as you've an hour before she spoke of as her time of leaving. You imagine that this incident might potentially delay things, but you do still dress and head on back. You find Inazuma wearing gloves when you return. They are of the sort worn in the navy, just not...

Well, they look like they were sewn on the spot.

— - — - —

[ ] Complement gloves. She looks a bit self conscious wearing them.
[ ] Don't compliment gloves. She's a sailor, not to mention a warship, as odd as that statement sounds.
[ ] Ask when exactly this will be happening. You haven't been given an exact time, so this hardly seems like a real ceremony.
[ ] Ask what the ceremony will even be. As things are, smacking the ship with a bottle seems cruel and unusual.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 193670
>>193669
[ ] Complement gloves. She looks a bit self conscious wearing them.

She may be a ship now, but she's still a young girl at heart
>> No. 193671
[x] Compliment gloves.
[x] Ask what the ceremony would be.

I just imagined the Inazuma doing her best to stand in ceremony while three or four scientists try to raise a bottle high enough to smack it down her head.
>> No. 193673
>>193671
(x)this
>> No. 193675
File 148598772157.png - (575.21KB , 800x2097 , f53.png ) [iqdb]
193675
>>193671
So to celebrate her launch, Inazuma might just...

Get smashed.
>> No. 193676
File 14859927966.jpg - (9.31KB , 244x200 , I swear to God Carlos.jpg ) [iqdb]
193676
>>193675
>> No. 193677
File 148599942510.png - (74.71KB , 201x244 , Shoot and I'll move.png ) [iqdb]
193677
>>193676
>> No. 193691
File 148604590439.png - (79.56KB , 201x244 , Move and I'll shoot.png ) [iqdb]
193691
>>193677
>> No. 193697
File 14860786188.jpg - (31.48KB , 244x200 , a forlorn sniper.jpg ) [iqdb]
193697
>> No. 193738
File 148647519831.jpg - (60.63KB , 640x384 , This but more.jpg ) [iqdb]
193738
[x] Complement gloves.
[x] Ask what the ceremony would be.

— - — - —

In the end, you can find no problem with the gloves, nor do you hold issue with the damage being covered. It's honestly a good call, in your book, as it works as a stealthy dressing, if an ineffective one. Should the wound, for lack of a better term, leak, well... it will stain it black as well. "Whose call were the gloves?"

Surprisingly, Inazuma is the one to speak up. "It was mine, sir..." She sounds a bit nervous at them being rejected.

"You made them? Of what?"

Rikako answers simply, "My coat." It seems you weren't the only one to lose your coat to the small girl's wound.

You smile just a bit. "It was a good call. I assume the damage can't quickly be repaired?"

Rika answers, "Quickly, yes. However, a rushed job won't look right. It's synthetic skin, in the end." Rubbing the back of her neck, she adds, "Very good synthetic skin, but still. We probably should have seen that coming."

Rikako points out, "It's what we get for running the tests without the expert on such things around." Rika blushes a bit at the compliment.

Deciding now to be a good time to keep things on task, you ask, "As for the ceremony... when is it?"

Rikako simply answers, "Now."

Well, then. "...Shall we go, then?"

"We simply were waiting on you. It would be rude to go without one of the most important people in the base." At least she's not lying through her teeth by saying you're the most. You can respect that blunt honesty.

And, with that, the five of you head on, the three diminutive researchers hitching a ride on Inazuma. Chiyuri and Rika are on opposite shoulders, whereas the head takes, well, the head. You have to admit, it's vaguely amusing to watch the three riding her like that. And, well... Aoko seems pleased by this, so who are you to decline the four their pleasure cruise of sorts. Perhaps something to ask about at a better time, though.

Aoko looks near on ecstatic at least.

To be continued...
>> No. 193742
File 148649461032.png - (225.09KB , 500x467 , 1412207907183-0.png ) [iqdb]
193742
[x]"Now, where do I sign to ride you, love?

>Complement gloves.
With what?
>> No. 193753
[X] Pity, I wanted to be the one to steal your maiden voyage.

Ayyyyyyyy
>> No. 193754
File 148655683155.png - (17.19KB , 127x138 , Why is there only one page of laughs.png ) [iqdb]
193754
[1]"Now, where do I sign to ride you, love?"
[1] Pity, I wanted to be the one to steal your maiden voyage.


— - — - —


For a moment, you consider making a joke in poor taste. Another moment, a different joke. Were she older, you no doubt would perhaps consider it in more than passing. However, no matter her nature as a warship, there is still the issue of age, not to mention height. She only comes up to your hip, there about.

As such, you instead decide to tease those riding her in her stead. "I see you're riding the Inazuma before her inaugural launch." Referring to her as such leaves a bad taste, but she did make her request.

Chiyuri grins, retorting, "Yeah, we're a far better fit to do so, ehh? You might squish her."

Rikako snorts lightly, judging by her motion. "Squish is a strong word. Tip over, perhaps, but I don't think he's quite heavy enough." After a moment, she adds, "Perhaps if he gained a few pounds."

The three below her snicker at the fat joke. You, on the other hand, roll your eyes. If you were rounder, you might see where it comes from, but Rika is closer to being as such. "Perhaps if we added the head of Abyssal Research." Rika blushes at the jab, though Chiyuri laughs uproariously. Well, for her size, at least.

Like all things, the banter doesn't last. You've arrived, after all.

You spy the standard, if vaguely concerning, bottle of sake ready to strike a vacant space. It seems hung perhaps a bit too high to strike at anything short of a ship, thankfully. You spy the various crew members, most of which not familiar to you, all talking amongst their various departments, though some are mingling with those of others.

Kotohime notices you, a grin splitting her face. "So, this is what they spoke of, huh? A bit small to be killing those damned fish, but that she has guns attached to her rear is pretty comforting." After a moment, she idly asks herself, "How does she sit down, though?"

Rikako answers simply, "As of yet, it seems unlikely that she will need to." As Kotohime's odd look, she explains, "She has a ship form as well."

"Huh. How's that even work?"

"It does." Oddly curt.

You see Ellen and the kitchen staff, Konngara and hers, Mima and the other intelligence officers, Orange and the rest in charge of comms. As well as, of course, the R&D team, or at least those of note.

However, there's an odd lack of your CO and Ran.

— - — - —

[ ] Talk to...
-[ ] Ellen.
-[ ] Orange.
-[ ] Mima.
-[ ] Konngara.
-[ ] Rika.
-[ ] Rikako.
-[ ] Chiyuri.
[ ] Look for...
-[ ] Yukari.
-[ ] Ran.
[ ] Investigate...
-[ ] The splashing sound.
-[ ] Where Yukari and Ran might be.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 193756
>>193754

Hey man, my vote here >>193753 isn't lewd at all. It's a totally normal thing that ship dudes totally care about. Also, how can we expect her to hunt, engage, and kill the enemy if we keep treating her like a kid?

[X] Tell everyone to shut the fuck up.
-[X] Start the christening ceremony.

>CO is missing

And she can stay that way. This is our base, and our crew.
>> No. 193757
[ ] Look for...
-[ ] Yukari.

Cant start the ceremony without our CO
>> No. 193758
[x] Investigate...
-[x] The splashing sound.
-[x] Where Yukari and Ran might be.

They won't disrespect our first ship by missing the ceremony unless there is an entire goddamn fleet in our doorstep
>> No. 193762
>>193758
This Guy.

If they are, we can decide what to do from there.

[x] Investigate...
-[x] The splashing sound.
-[x] Where Yukari and Ran might be.
>> No. 193767
chaging vote from >>193757

[x] Investigate...
-[x] The splashing sound.
-[x]c Where Yukari and Ran might be.
>> No. 193797
File 148690962788.gif - (1.31MB , 400x225 , Sadly it's not this cute.gif ) [iqdb]
193797
[x] Investigate...
-[x] The splashing sound.
-[x] Where Yukari and Ran might be.

— - — - —

You frown at the sound. It could be a fish, yes, but it could also be a fish, or even a fish.. To ensure that it's neither torpedo nor Abyssal in nature, you decide to investigate, making your way for the water's edge. You look down from the edge, and you see what looks like a sea slug or sea snake. It's white, which is a concerning color, but at that size, it's unlikely to be an Abyssal proper. Maybe just like that mouse. The sea's been home to many odd things since even before the start of the war, after all. Who knows how many creatures are hidden from our eyes.

"Is everything alright, sir?" You turn, finding the girl of the hour looking around your side. At your lack of response, she gets just a bit nervous. "Sorry, sir. You just looked worried is all."

You shake your head, resisting the urge to pat her head. "Just jumping at ghosts." Due to the way her eyes turn to dinner plates, you quickly explain, "It's a turn of phrase."

She lets out a sigh of relief. Odd that the one that looked ready to chase Abyssals through hell itself would be a bit meek. Still, in the end, what's bravery without fear? Fear's a welcome emotion when she's become a machine of fish origin.

It means she's still human in the depths of that cold steel.

She sighs, though nods. "Sorry, sir. I don't know as much as an adult, in the end."

"At ease. You don't need to say sir with every sentence. I may be stiffer than Yukari, but I'm not about to make you clean anything with a toothbrush or the like."

"Sorry, s-" She grimaces as the word cuts short.

With that out of the way, you need to decide how to go about this

— - — - —

[ ] Who do you ask about their whereabouts?
-[ ] Order is important.
--[ ] Quotation marks make it word for word when it comes to speaking.
---[ ] These aren't actually options, mind you.
----[ ] I kind of just started adding them and adding them.
>> No. 193804
[x] Who do you ask?
-[x] Mima.
-[x] Orange.
-- [x] Punctuation is optional
>> No. 193805
[X] Use the base-wide PA system. It's probably in the comm room.
-[X] Also, ask for here cell phone number, not here whereabouts.
>> No. 193811
>>193805

*her
*her
>> No. 193836
File 148736463379.png - (469.43KB , 751x442 , Perhaps she's still sleeping.png ) [iqdb]
193836
[x] Who do you ask?
-[x] Mima.
-[x] Orange.
-- [x] Punctuation is optional He's not the type, sadly.
[X] Use the base-wide PA system. It's probably in the comm room.
-[X] Also, ask for her cell phone number, not her whereabouts.
The first vote made it unnecessary, though I combined them a bit.

— - — - —

You look to your first hope in a long time. "I'm going to go search for Yukari and Ran. It wouldn't be good to start without them." Receiving a nod, you head for Mima for starters. The way you see things, she is one of the most likely to know, followed by Orange.

You find her mostly alone save for a few. Before you can ask, she greets, "Hey there. What do ya need?" Well, at least she's helpful.

"Do you know of the whereabouts of Yukari?" You receive a shake of the head. "What of contact information?"

Grinning up at you, she answers, "No, but I know who does." Well, it seems she's at least competent. "Just go ask baton girl." At your odd look, she clarifies, "Ehh, I knew her since I first joined up. Orange, I mean."

Nodding your thanks, you head for the far more collected bunch headed by Orange. She sighs, saying, "I'm guessing you need to get in contact with Yukari, sir?" At your nod, she says, "Give me a moment." She pulls out a tablet much like Rikako's. It looks military grade, if also the size of a stamp. "All calls are taken by Ran. Her number is 010-110-1110." You raise a brow at the number in question, to which she replies to with a sigh. "I'm certain Yukari pulled strings for her to get it. Just remember, sir: the Abyssals have an uncanny ability to pick up on communications. They, however, have yet to attack based on them, so we think they might mistake them for their own communications. Just don't say anything that might make them think otherwise."

"Thank you. I'll keep that in mind."

— - — - —

[ ] Call Ran.
-[ ] How do you go about things? Write-in.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 193837
>waking Ran up after the day she had

Nope.exe

[X] Start the ceremony
>> No. 193838
Wait, how do they even talk?

[x] Call Ran
-[x] "Indigo, this is Green, new asset about to start mission. Requesting your and Purple's presence if at all possible: new asset could use support"
>> No. 193839
[X] Start the ceremony.
>> No. 193840
>Start the ceremony

This was put to vote and lost. Is he a schizophrenic?
>> No. 193842
>>193838

Speaking in English and using standard human radio etiquette makes it abundantly clear the transmission is not Abyssal in nature.
>> No. 193843
>>193842
How do they even speak anyway?
>> No. 193845
File 148746234967.png - (113.63KB , 550x450 , Hint hint.png ) [iqdb]
193845
>>193840

A vote losing in the past has little bearing on its future. If a vote wins, it wins, though I will hold final decision as to if it's in-character.

I will say that these votes do shape him to a degree. Character growth and such. But, in the end, he is himself, not a blank slate.

>>193843

That is a very good question that you will have to wait to see~

However, have a hint.

>> No. 193913
File 148770959495.jpg - (17.50KB , 500x375 , Bottoms up or down.jpg ) [iqdb]
193913
[X] Start the ceremony.

— - — - —

She may be your CO, but your ship takes priority, ignoring that the state of Ran's energy for the return trip is a matter of life and death for the both of them. You can't help but sigh. That the woman would put Ran behind the helm of a small ship in such a great sea is beyond suicidal, but were she exhausted... well, that would easily spell doom all the easier. "In that case, perhaps we should just start the ceremony." Were Mina here, you feel this is what she would do.

Orange nods. "Shall I announce it starting, then?" At your nod, she runs off at a surprising speed. A mad dash would be an overstatement, but she's certainly sprinting.

Of course, she's moving at a jogging speed, but at her size it's very impressive.

From behind you, a familiar nervous voice chimes in, "Sir— Erm... Captain, is it a good idea to do this without Yukari? She does hold the position of commanding officer, right?" A good sign that she recognizes that as a problem. Means she knows her stuff to at least some degree.

Still, it's a pleasant surprise that she asked of all people. "As was stated, I'm to lead this base. If that's the case, I need to be able to act autonomously — if I always await orders, nothing will get done, what with the state of the seas between us and home."

You receive a nod. The girl seems satisfied with that, though next asks, "Would you like the, erm... honors of cutting the rope?" Ahh, right. Someone needs to cut the rope holding the sake.

Traditionally a woman does it, however. ...You may want to dissuade her, although outright rejecting an honor may be difficult.

— - — - —

[ ] Yes. Even if it's usually a woman that does as such, it's her choice.
[ ] No. You don't want jokes of such a topic to start spreading.
-[ ] But who instead? Write-in.
[ ] Would drinking it count, you wonder.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 193915
[x] Yes, to heck with tradition
>> No. 193924
[x] Yes, to heck with tradition

Boat brownie points are best brownie points.
>> No. 193928
[x] Yes, to heck with tradition.
>> No. 193929
[x] Yes, to heck with tradition

Easy choice is easy.
>> No. 193930
[X] Yes. Even if it's usually a woman that does as such, it's her choice.

I'm sure she's well past the age of consent. That, and this is the first launching of a shipgirl ever, thus no tradition to adhere to.
>> No. 193931
File 148777606695.png - (80.32KB , 207x233 , Ohhgodthat'snotwhereitgoes.png ) [iqdb]
193931
>>193930

I'm almost afraid to ask as to where the age of consent comes in when it comes to beaning people with bottles.
>> No. 193932
>>193931

Probably nowhere. My statement was more an allegorical reference to the age of consent, rather than a literal one.
>> No. 193933
File 148779319755.jpg - (13.58KB , 480x360 , hqdefault.jpg ) [iqdb]
193933
>>193931
Too late.
>> No. 193950
File 148786666336.jpg - (19.49KB , 480x360 , And then THP was a prison.jpg ) [iqdb]
193950
>>193933
>> No. 194058
File 148822576413.jpg - (135.37KB , 746x800 , I had trouble finding a good picture.jpg ) [iqdb]
194058
To hell with tradition. Those traditions didn't take into account consciousness, nor did they account for a humanoid form more or less in the shape of your average eight year-old. Those traditions won't save anyone, and, with how she's an already existing ship, you doubt it will at this point. Something as simple as cutting a rope can be done by a man just as well as a woman. "I'd be honored."

"Thank you, sir." You receive a wide smile from the girl, and you can't help but return it. After a moment, she asks, "...I suppose I should get into position."

You stroke your chin, noticing a bit of a shadow starting to form. You need to fix that later. "That does raise the question of how to do this."

The Inazuma looks at you slightly oddly. "Sir?" Always with sir, isn't she?

"Well, it just seems odd to hit you with a bottle is all."

"I can take it. I've had... much... worse...?" Her eyes get a bit distant.

"Worse?"

She snaps out of it, shaking her head. "No, nothing! I... ...Nothing, sir."

You frown at her words. "You can tell me if something is wrong."

She averts her eyes, poking her index fingers together nervously. "Well..." She looks up at you from beneath a shade of hair. "I... think I'm starting to remember some things I know never happened to me."

Well, that's concerning. "Things?"

"I remember being christened before." Ohh. Well, that is... better than expected, at least.

"As in... the ship you are designed after?" You receive a nod. "We'll need to talk about that to R&D later. For now, let's just get this underway."

— - — - —

[ ] A speech is likely a good idea for when it starts.
-[ ] Write-in
-[ ] Alternatively, what emotion do you try to evoke? Write-in
>> No. 194095
[x] A speech is likely a good idea for when it starts.
-[x] Alternatively, what emotion do you try to evoke?
--[x] Hope

"This is the beginning of a new era" "She is the first but won't be the last" "A beacon of hope in dark times" Yukari speech earlier proved that anything can work as long as we show her that her sacrifice is already enough and that she need not to carry the weight of the world in her shoulders.
>> No. 194103
[x] A speech is likely a good idea for when it starts.
-[x] Alternatively, what emotion do you try to evoke?
--[x] Hope
>> No. 194115
[x] A speech is likely a good idea for when it starts.
-[X] Here's to a good year of research, development, and cute shipgirls.
--[X] Tap Aoko's forehead with the bottle and take a sip, before passing it around to the rest of the crew.
>> No. 194186
[x] A speech is likely a good idea for when it starts.
-[x] Alternatively, what emotion do you try to evoke?
--[x] Hope
---[x] Afterwards, get smashed.
>> No. 194203
Writing in the morning!
>> No. 194226
File 148840042522.jpg - (23.01KB , 218x300 , The first is the last.jpg ) [iqdb]
194226
Sorry, skipped a bit forward to the speech itself, as I've been a tad at a loss as to how to get it there.

[ ] A speech is likely a good idea for when it starts.
-[ ] Write-in
-[ ] Alternatively, what emotion do you try to evoke? Write-in

— - — - —

After having gathered the attention of all here, you clear your throat, ready to give a speech that you put no real planning into. The Inazuma has set up in her position, her cannons looking almost like they're nervously trembling. "I felt that a speech was in order. This is the first I've really given, but it won't be the last, I feel. These two years have been very hard on our countrymen. Two year, and not even that many confirmed kills to our name. Within the next, let's correct that. We've lost the seas, we've lost hope, and we've lost our spirit. But Aoko — the Inazuma — will be the first step towards regaining all of that. We have lost the sea, but she will prove seaworthy. We have lost our hope, but she will restore it. We have lost so, so much... Our spirit is up to us, but hope... hope is something she is already doing well to restore. I have lost many like brothers and sisters to me — I'm sure you all have."

You scan over your near on completely half foot audience. That struck home with Chiyuri, Mima, Ellen, Orange and Konngara — near on every single person of import.

"But we will not forget the fallen. We will remember them, and end this war for the sake of the living. We will never forget their sacrifices. We would not be here, had they done so." You sigh, looking off to the side. "I, too, have lost one near and dear. My wife — Admiral Minamitsu Murasa — fell not in the line of duty, but by pure chance. She fell at the very start of the war, before we truly knew what we faced. A torpedo struck our ship, and though we managed to escape, neither survived that encounter." You turn your eyes back to the crowd of fae and one woman.

"We will end this war. For the living. For the dead. We will take this war as far as it needs to be taken. If we must become Captain Ahab in hunt of a white whale, so be it. If we have to dive 50,000 leagues under the sea, so be it. We will end this war. We will be victorious." You motion to the Inazuma. "And this girl shall be the first step. Her bravery, her dedication to her country, and her sacrifice, will never be forgotten. She will be our dam against the murky Abyss."

You inspect the silver axe in your hand, turning it over a bit and inspecting it. The craftsmanship is quite fine.

"She will be our sword that stabs and our shield that protects! With her at our side, never again need we live in fear! Never again need we worry if tomorrow will be the end... The war has already been lost." You smile at the sounds of worry. "But this is a new battlefield. Ships the likes we have never seen. War has changed, and so too must we. We will adapt. We will conquer that which defeated us."

You cut the rope, and it crashed into the hull of the Inazuma. You heard a yelp from her, as if it came from an old speaker.

"And we will end this war."

You get a very quiet, very loud response. The entire room fills with a thunder of tiny claps and shrill cheers.

— - — - —

[ ] What do you fight for?
-[ ] Duty
-[ ] Peace.
-[ ] Victory.
-[ ] Conquest.
-[ ] Revenge.
-[ ] Fear.
-[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 194229
File 148840293170.jpg - (99.00KB , 819x929 , 2013-10-23-613519.jpg ) [iqdb]
194229
[x] What do you (Navy) fight for?
-[x] Peace

[x] What do you (Widower) fight for?
-[x] Revenge

I wasn't sure if this was a continuation of the speech or a character building moment, so I put both votes, in that order.
>> No. 194230
[X] >>194229
This is fine with me
>> No. 194264
File 148847710936.jpg - (20.56KB , 480x480 , Thorn.jpg ) [iqdb]
194264
[X] What do you fight for?
-[X] Victory. Let all the world see; these creatures can bleed, they CAN die.
-[X] fear. Let them see the specter of uncertainty and death looming over the battlefield, as we do.

I think capitalizing on the uncertainty factor is the key to turning the tide of battles here. Ending small skirmishes in a quick, brutal, and overwhelming way would probably go a long way twords demoralizing the enemy and getting them to make rash decisions.
>> No. 194281
File 148849524733.png - (329.89KB , 329x707 , i couldnt resist.png ) [iqdb]
194281
Let's have a little bit of everything, shipgirls and gentlemen.

[x] What do we fight for?
-[x] We fight for it is our necessary Duty, a call that which others cannot answer. We fight in their stead; as we are the strong, it falls upon us to protect the weak. These are the burdens and trials we must bear, as it is not our fates, but the weight of those others placed on our shoulders. That is our Duty.
-[x] We fight for the Peace, so that we may lay down our arms and return to our fields and to sow the crops of prosperity. But, this cannot occur so long as the enemy bellows at the gates.
-[x] We fight to be Victorious, for to seek anything but victory is illogical and pointless. If we seek defeat, we all would have meekly submitted ourselves at the judgement of our foes. Such an action shall not be allowed; better under the waves than on our knees.
-[x] Yes, we fight to Conquer. We must not only defeat the enemy, but we must vanquish it. So as the foe seeks to destroy, you shall destroy them. As long as they continue to seek their original designs, we will oppose and drive them back. They will be Conquered through force, or we will Conquer their hearts and force submission. We will Conquer or Die.
-[x] Revenge... We fight for revenge, for what they have taken from us. It is an ugly thought, but it is apparent and, indeed, necessary to be aware. To ignore it is to delude us.
-[x] As, in the end, it is not the Fear that drives us, but our continuation in spite of that fear. The need to see the mission through, and to prevent all others from witnessing. Whatever horrors that may be faced, whatever demons we cross, we must be ready to continue in spite of itself. Whatever terrors are in the deep, we will spit in their face and crush them with our heel.
-We fight for our Duty, neccessary and proper, in order to protect the Peace. We fight for Victory, so as to uphold the sacred honor that Duty bestows us. We fight to Conquer so as to ensure that the Peace is protected from any foe that would seek to shatter it. We fight for Revenge for all the lives lost, both lost to us and to others. We fight this Fear that they seek to spread, and in short we Conquer it in our hearts and in turn Conquer them.
-[x] In Conclusion: What do we fight for?
--[x] For Great Justice!
>> No. 194282
I'm changing my previous vote (>>194281) to >>194281
>> No. 194285
>>194282

Wow, so nice you did it twice?
>> No. 194287
>>194282

This changes everything. We're going to need someone to re-tally the votes.
>> No. 194296
File 148850950524.png - (604.70KB , 729x1032 , ring.png ) [iqdb]
194296
>>194229
Oh wow I had forgotten about Kiso!

Writefag, if you don't include her, I'll flip my goddamn shit.
>> No. 194303
>>194296

You will flip your shit regardless of her being in this story~
>> No. 194352
File 148862530350.jpg - (241.21KB , 850x1201 , You are not a woman.jpg ) [iqdb]
194352
[X] >>194281 chosen due to covering bases and probably being tied.

— - — - —

"We have to ask ourselves many important questions. Chief among them: what do we fight for?" After a moment of wordless silence, you answer, "I'll tell you: we fight for it is our necessary Duty, a call that which others cannot answer." You place a gloved hand on your chest. "We fight in their stead; as we are the strong, it falls upon us to protect the weak." You frown, though there is no irritation, nor is there anger in your tone. "These are the burdens and trials we must bear, as it is not that of our own fates, but the weight of those others placed upon our shoulders." You let out a sigh, before reiterating, "That is our Duty."

You continue on, "We fight for the Peace, so that we may lay down our arms and return to our fields and to sow the crops of prosperity. But, this cannot occur so long as the enemy bellows at the gates." Although, you may be putting a tad more emphasis on that than is necessary. "We fight to be Victorious, for to seek anything but victory is illogical and pointless." You all but spit out, "If we seek defeat, we all would have meekly submitted ourselves at the judgement of our foes. Such an action shall not be allowed; better under the waves than on our knees."

You take a deep breath, reigning in your personal feelings on the matter. "Do we fight to conquer? We must not only defeat the enemy, but we must vanquish it. So as the foe seeks to destroy, you shall destroy them." The Inazuma's turrets droop in the oddest way. Were she not behind your captive audience, you might not have noticed. "As long as they continue to seek their original designs, we will oppose and drive them back." The turrets along the Inazuma's back perk up a bit at the mention. "They will be Conquered through force, or we will Conquer their hearts and force submission. We will Conquer or Die."

You take on a tone of sorrow. "Revenge... We fight for revenge, for what they have taken from us. It is an ugly thought, but it is apparent and, indeed, necessary to be aware. To ignore this is to delude ourselves." Chiyuri balls her fists at the mention. "As, in the end, it is not the Fear that drives us, but our continuation in spite of that fear. The need to see the mission through, and to prevent all others from witnessing. Whatever horrors that may be faced, whatever demons we cross, we must be ready to continue in spite of itself." Your tone becomes grim. "Whatever terrors are in the deep, we will spit in their face and crush them with our heel."

You sigh, having perhaps put a bit too much emphasis on that. "We fight for our Duty, necessary and proper, in order to protect the Peace." You make a fist before your chest. "We fight for Victory, so as to uphold the sacred honor that Duty bestows us." Your tone darkens just a bit. "We fight to Conquer so as to ensure that the Peace is protected from any foe that would seek to shatter it. We fight for Revenge for all the lives lost, both lost to us and to others." Your passion begins to seep into your words once more. "We fight this Fear that they seek to spread, and in short we Conquer it in our hearts and in turn Conquer them.

"In Conclusion: What do we fight for?" At the silence that answers you, you simply answer, "For Great Justice!"

Once more they cheer, this time even louder. Their clapping is tiny thunder, their cheers a shrill roar.

Off to the side, you spy your CO looking pleased as she leans against the entryway.

— - — - —

[ ] Write-in
>> No. 194358
>>194352

[X] Slight nod, acknowledging her presence.

No words. We movie protagonist now.
>> No. 194359
[X] Slight nod, acknowledging her presence
>> No. 194367
The end was kind of cringy, but, since no one will ever get it, I guess it is okay.

What mattered is that the feelings shown were true, specially his so-far hidden anger.


[x] Weak smile.
>> No. 194379
[X] Slight nod, acknowledging her presence
>> No. 194477
File 148888674675.png - (536.35KB , 836x1100 , Train her well.png ) [iqdb]
194477
[X] Slight nod, acknowledging her presence.

— - — - —

You give her a slight nod, acknowledging that you see her. She looks vaguely amused, judging by her smirk and slight bounce. Ignoring those things, you address the crowd again. "That is all. You may return to the festivities." You look to the various amenities one would would expect of a party, and spy punch. The odds are there that it may be spiked. "Your duties resume tomorrow at 06:00, and I won't tolerate excuses if by some grace you end up with a hangover." You receive a crowd of small salutes, and with that proceed to step down from the soapbox-made-podium..

Looking to the Inazuma, you find that she is back on dry land, though not looking anywhere near as waterlogged as one might expect. It makes sense, what with the general nature of a ship being seafaring. She smiles at you, saying, "It will be an honor to serve under you, s-" She blushes a bit. That she even can is more than a little odd. She proceeds to correct, "...Captain." She smiles a bit, and you think that this is one instance where a head pat is in order. The girl is difficult to not want to do such things to.

Normally you wouldn't do something like this, but today is more or less a birthday. She came here a child, and was reborn a ship. ...No. A ship girl. She still is a child — that's something one can't change — but now she is so much more as well.

She seems more than a little taken aback as you ruffle her hair, but as you'd like to avoid her potentially blowing a gasket, you decide to stop. "At ease, Inazuma." She nods, not quite meeting your eye.

You feel a tugging at your pants leg, finding a certain purple-haired fairy at your feet. "I just wanted to inform you that we'll need to discuss what we research next in the morning, as well as how we go about training her. There are, as you would expect, no current methods for training sentient ships. We'll also need to proceed to the rest of the tests, and I feel you being there would be wise."

"Very well. What time do we begin?"

Rikako looks to the ship in question, receiving a curious look for her trouble, before the Inazuma plucks her from the ground and places her atop her head. Rikako chuckles, her hard features softening a bit. "I more was curious as to if you would need time. I know that you are new to this."

The ship in question simply shakes her head. "I don't want special treatment."

"Very well. 06:00 sharp, then."

The brunette is given pause. "That's... 6 am, right...?"

Rikako explains, "Yes, that's right. Military time is a combination of both twelve-hour block. 1-12 is, of course, 1 am to noon. 13-24 is the next 12."

"Then 16:00 would be, erm... 4 pm?"

"Correct."

Looking to where you last saw your CO, you find her gone. You spy neither Ran nor Yukari among the personnel attending. Looking back to the girl of the hour, you offer the axe. "This is yours, I believe." At her blank stare at the finely crafted bladed weapon, you explain, "Traditionally it's given to the owner of the ship. Seeing as you are the ship, I felt it right that you should have it."

The girl smiles at the odd gift. "Thank you. I'll cherish it." Her smile is bright enough to be weaponized, frankly. She seems to be treating it as if a strong wing will reduce it to dust.

— - — - —

[ ] Enjoy the small party.
[ ] You should sleep. You've a lot to adjust to tomorrow, not to mention much to get straightened out in your room.
>> No. 194481
[x] Enjoy the small party

Work hard, party hard, as our LT used to say.
>> No. 194485
[x] Enjoy the small party.
>> No. 194528
[x] Enjoy the small party.

Agree with the others. Good memories will help before the inevitable bad ones arrive. Also...

>She seems to be treating it as if a strong wing will reduce it to dust.

Okuu confirmed.
>> No. 194530
>>194528

Man, if we need nukes to turn silver to dust, that really must be a good axe.
>> No. 194536
[x] Enjoy the small party.
>> No. 194602
File 148906612944.jpg - (75.45KB , 640x384 , It's not like it's a whole bottle right.jpg ) [iqdb]
194602
[x] Enjoy the small party.

— - — - —

Under normal circumstances, you would head to your room to unpack.

Under normal circumstances, you would not be terribly interested in the launching of a ship.

Under normal circumstances, you would look to the bottom line and not live in the moment.

This is not normal circumstances. This is about as far you can get from normal circumstances without more directly throwing fish at fish. You do worry as to what this all will do to the girl. You worry over the information R&D has given you on their blood, and worry over many things. And so, you decide that you will investigate the punch and hope for rounder edges. You can worry with a headache tomorrow, but you need something to stop for now. Retrieving a cup of punch, noting that there aren't many full-size cups, you look it over and then sniff it. It has that familiar sting to the nostrils, so you proceed to down the cup in one gulp.

Yes, it most certainly has alcohol in it.

Looking back to the crowds, you spy a certain brunette ship sipping at the punch. When did she even...?

The Inazuma mutters, "Why does it taste funny...?"

— - — - —

[ ] ...Will it even reach her bloodstream?
[ ] She can taste?
[ ] Try to avoid having a drunk warship on your hands.
[ ] How did she sneak up on you? As heavy as she is...
[ ] Compliment her on sneaking up on you regardless of her weight.
[ ] If she can fight, she can drink. She's off duty right now anyways.
[ ] Write-in.
[ ] You know what? Sleep sounds like a good idea after all.
>> No. 194603
[x] Compliment her on sneaking up on you regardless of her weight.
This guy...

[X] If she can fight...
>> No. 194614
[X] It tastes funny because it has alcohol in it. Alcohol relaxes inhibitions, and let's people relax and have fun. It also impares the way you function, and should not be consumed by individuals who can't balance the good and bad aspects.
-[X] Attention to orders Ensign: You may only consume alcohol in a controlled environment until we understand how it affects you.

Inb4 yur not my real dad
>> No. 194617
File 148909109242.jpg - (43.61KB , 600x400 , 129013195382.jpg ) [iqdb]
194617
>yur not my real dad

Fuck that. Our soldiers will be our sons and daughters. Their problems will be our problems: each one of their injuries will hurt us tenfold and every one of their victories will fill us with pride.
>> No. 194647
[x] It tastes funny because it has alcohol in it. Alcohol relaxes inhibitions, and let's people relax and have fun. It also impares the way you function, and should not be consumed by individuals who can't balance the good and bad aspects.
-[x] Attention to orders Ensign: You may only consume alcohol in a controlled environment until we understand how it affects you.

Time to be a wet blanket!

In all seriousness, she is no longer just a girl, so we should start treating her as such. Not pouring whiskey in her engine to make her go faster this isn't Down Periscope.
>> No. 194659
[X] It tastes funny because it has alcohol in it. Alcohol relaxes inhibitions, and let's people relax and have fun. It also impares the way you function, and should not be consumed by individuals who can't balance the good and bad aspects.
-[X] Attention to orders Ensign: You may only consume alcohol in a controlled environment until we understand how it affects you.
>> No. 194668
>>194617

ok Chief.
>> No. 194669
File 148915823174.jpg - (210.77KB , 850x850 , Did he just do that.jpg ) [iqdb]
194669
[X] It tastes funny because it has alcohol in it. Alcohol relaxes inhibitions, and let's people relax and have fun. It also impairs the way you function, and should not be consumed by individuals who can't balance the good and bad aspects.
-[X] Attention to orders Ensign: You may only consume alcohol in a controlled environment until we understand how it affects you

— - — - —

You furrow your brows. "That's due to it containing alcohol of some kind. Someone seems to have spiked the punch." The girl looks up at you owlishly. After a moment's consideration, you ask, "Do you feel thirsty?"

She, too, takes a moment to consider that question. "W-well... no, I suppose not, sir..." She fidgets like she had her hand in the cookie jar. "I'm floating in a nutrient-rich fluid that keeps me from needing to worry about that."

"Then, until further notice, you aren't to drink alcohol." She nearly nods, but stops short. Raising a brow, you ask, "Yes? What is it..." ...Should she even be called an ensign? You pinch your brow, knowing that you need more alcohol if you're still asking yourself this many questions. "...Inazuma?" You will need to ask your CO that at some point. The girl's roman numeral pin seems like it has significance, but you spy no rank markers anywhere.

"Until further notice...?"

You nod. "That's right; I can't treat you like a child forever."

"But I'm not even half the age to drink...?"

"If you can fight, you can drink. I can't have children on the battlefield. Are you a child, or are you an adult?"

She doesn't seem to have an answer for that question, looking deep in thought.

You chuckle a bit. "That you aren't jumping at the chance says a lot. You're more mature than any child I've known, at least from what I've seen."

She smiles up at you. "Thank you."

You reach out and pluck the punch from her grasp. She was barely holding it so much as cradling it, so it was easy enough. "I'll be confiscating this." You down the glass of punch in one gulp.

The Destroyer's face reddens.

— - — - —

[ ] Pester R&D for information on what her mouth is there for and where things that go in go.
[ ] Check how Kotohime thought of your speech.
[ ] Make small talk.
-[ ] But with who? And about what?
[ ] You feel you've a buzz going, but more punch couldn't hurt.
[ ] You should go.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 194671
[X] I'm also suspending the rules about fraternization if you should find yourself smitten with someone above/below your pay grade. We all know we're here on a suicide mission, so there's no need to worry about the little things.
-[X] Have you made any friends so far? I know it's difficult when everyone here is older than you, but just remember; no man, woman, or shipgirl is an island.

Poor Aoko hasn't got any dashing young shiplads to keep her company on those cold, lonely nights.
>> No. 194672
-[X] Have you made any friends so far? I know it's difficult when everyone here is older than you, but just remember; no man, woman, or shipgirl is an island.
>> No. 194677
File 148917303831.jpg - (60.59KB , 600x600 , Cjj0ir5XIAIPW7n.jpg ) [iqdb]
194677
[X] Have you made any friends so far? I know it's difficult when everyone here is older than you, but just remember; no man, woman, or shipgirl is an island.

>Indirect kiss.

l-l-lewd...!
>> No. 194728
[X] Have you made any friends so far? I know it's difficult when everyone here is older than you, but just remember; no man, woman, or shipgirl is an island.

Straight to indirect kissing! Admiralanon is pretty smooth huh.
>> No. 194988
File 148961797047.png - (67.22KB , 272x319 , Approval Granted.png ) [iqdb]
194988
[X] Have you made any friends so far? I know it's difficult when everyone here is older than you, but just remember; no man, woman, or shipgirl is an island.
>> No. 195149
File 148993114547.png - (87.42KB , 179x258 , She's a big girl in small shoes.png ) [iqdb]
195149
[X] Have you made any friends so far? I know it's difficult when everyone here is older than you, but just remember; no man, woman, or shipgirl is an island.

— - — - —

You throw away the disposable cup, though do so without relying on your presently slightly below reliable aim. Looking to the reddened girl, you ask, "Inazuma, have you made any friend thus far?" At the way she looked a bit confused at your words, you explain, "I'm asking because you seemed troubled when I first met you."

She stiffens. "I-I don't mean to act as such, sir!"

You hold up a hand. "Settle down. I wasn't concerned about..." Carefully choosing your words, you continue, "...Your behavior, but merely saying that I've noticed. What I'm asking is as simple as it sounds: have you, or have you not, made any friends?"

Silence greets you, earning a sigh. As you're about to assume the worse end of that spectrum, she says, "Well... I don't want to assume, but..." She rubs the sleeve of her blouse. "Well, Miss Rikako has been kind to me..."

Rubbing the ever growing shadow of stubble, you ask, "Then does that mean that the rest of the base are the opposite?"

She waves her hands in front of herself, stammering out, "N-no! It's not that they have been unkind, more that, well..." She goes a bit quiet, but, after a moment, simply says, "I haven't had a lot of interaction with them is all." Sighing, she explains, "I haven't really met most of the people here, let alone built, umm... a rapport." Looking off to where Chiyuri and Rika seem to be drinking thimbles of punch, she finally says, "I'd call the rest acquaintances at best. Allies, definitely, but I don't know them on a very personal level. Or, well... ...At all, in most cases." She motions to the tiny crowds of fae.

"If there is one thing I've learned in the Navy it's that no man — or woman — is an island." Without friends, military life is difficult, indeed. Camaraderie is important when things get rough. Should morale falter, so too shall we. In this place, think not of the fact of age differences or the like." She nods at your words. "We all are brothers and sisters in arms. There is nothing greater than a friendship forged in the fires of war with the hammer that is your foe threatening to hammer down on you."

Your words seem to have struck a nerve, for she seems to be trying to hold back tears. Quite successfully, you're surprised to say.

— - — - —

[ ] Introduce her to...
-[ ] Write-in
[ ] Try to cheer her up.
[ ] Put a hand on her shoulder. Sometimes, words aren't needed.
[ ] Ask what's wrong.
[ ] You could use some water. Whatever was in that punch had some kick to it.
[ ] That luggage isn't going to unpack itself.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 195160
[X] Try to cheer her up.
-[X] With your dick
-[X] Tell her that there's no official rules regarding Shipgirls, so she can speak freely or stop by to visit at any time.
--[X] Ask if she'll accompany you check on the other sailors, and make sure they aren't getting sloshed.

Saw hammering and immediately though of this video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua0zMsDiAyg
>> No. 195177
[X] Cheer up, lass!
>> No. 195203
[x] Introduce her to...
-[x] Our old friend. We still owe her a talk, by the way.
>> No. 195222
[X] Try to cheer her up.
-[X] Tell her that there's no official rules regarding Shipgirls, so she can speak freely or stop by to visit at any time.
--[X] Ask if she'll accompany you check on the other sailors, and make sure they aren't getting sloshed.

I'll go with this for now
>> No. 195228
[x] Cheer up, lass!
-[x] Let 'me introduce ya to all the fillies!

More Scot, please.
>> No. 195357
File 149035616063.jpg - (95.62KB , 850x850 , About time you continued this.jpg ) [iqdb]
195357
As I can't get the votes for two Eastern Tale updates a day, I'll continue this earlier than planned.
>> No. 195358
File 149036023167.jpg - (97.76KB , 850x527 , The sight could melt most hearts.jpg ) [iqdb]
195358
[X] Try to cheer her up.
-[X] Tell her that there's no official rules regarding Shipgirls, so she can speak freely or stop by to visit at any time.
--[X] Ask if she'll accompany you to check on the other sailors and make sure they aren't getting sloshed.

— - — - —

You would have preferred to not have to stoop to this, but you can't let morale drop over your words. "As of yet, there are no official rules and regulations involving Shipgirls such as yourself." She blinks away a tear, looking back up at you. "As such, you can stop by my room or office any time you feel the need. My doors are always open to you." ...Do you even have an office? You don't think one was ever mentioned, though you are sure that there would be one under normal circumstances. Of course, with the location of the base, you are more than understanding if they did so.

The ship breaks you from your considerations, saying, "With all due respect, sir, I don't really want special treatment." Regardless of her words, she is smiling.

You nod in affirmation. "Very well, Inazuma. Would you like to accompany me in ensuring the crew don't wind up overintoxicated?" Recieving a nod, that leaves only one thing.

You must decide who to check in on, and in what order.

— - — - —

[ ] Konngara
[ ] Orange
[ ] Ellen
[ ] Mima
[ ] Chiyuri
[ ] Rika
[ ] Rikako
[ ] Inazuma
>> No. 195365
[X] Check on the crew in order of cutest, to least cute.

Because I'm curious.
>> No. 195373
File 149038464696.jpg - (107.74KB , 562x829 , 16938488_1580216848685801_3816241223518278136_n.jpg ) [iqdb]
195373
Kotohime first. You have a lot of catching up to... Wait, what? She's not here?

Oh well, I assumed she was going to be, being security and all.

[x] Mima
-[x] Ask about the 'first name basis' orders.

Do they think we're going to explode if we hear our last name or something? Not that it isn't thoughtful but...
>> No. 195381
[x] Inazuma

Mostly as I'm curious about why she is on the list.
>> No. 195388
File 149039998414.jpg - (113.17KB , 850x850 , Idiot.jpg ) [iqdb]
195388
>>195373

I knew I forgot someone... I really need to put a list of names somewhere.
>> No. 195478
File 149056602650.png - (119.27KB , 338x318 , PC-98s aren't easy to get pictures of.png ) [iqdb]
195478
[x] Inazuma
[x] Mima
-[x] Ask about the 'first name basis' orders.

— - — - —

Well, first thing's first. Whereas the fairies likely can't handle much alcohol due to size, you aren't entirely sure how the machine portion of the Inazuma — assuming she is machine at all — functions. "How do you feel?"

"Ehh?" The girl looks a bit confused by the question. "What do you mean?"

"Well, just as I said: we don't know how alcohol affects you. In fact, I for one don't know where your mouth leads."

After a moment, she answers, "A stomach of sorts, sir."

You look at her oddly. "A stomach?"

Nodding, she answers, "I just looked over my internals, and that seems to be the case."

"I see." Well, that's odd. You'll need to ask R&D why a boat needs a stomach at some point. "Come. Let's go check on the others, then." If she truly has a stomach — especially a biological stomach — that raises uncomfortable questions you would like answered some time. ...But that can wait until she isn't around. After all, that fish had organs and blood, and you're starting to wonder just what was done.

Nodding, the two of you head off. At the size the majority are, the crowds are both easily crossed and difficulty traversed. One wrong step and someone may be injured, after all. It also isn't helpful how difficult finding her can be, though eventually you spot a baseball-sized head of green. Clearing your throat to pull her attention from those of her department, you ask, "Mima, there is something I need to ask you."

"Well, ask away." She continues to sound especially casual.

"I've heard that there are first name basis orders. Relay them to me."

"Ahh, right, right. Think it could more or less be summed up as the CO deciding that you're easily upset and that your wife's a sore topic? She's been pretty whimsical, though, so it's hard to tell the exact reasons. Still, the orders were basically as simple as just using your first name as opposed to that of your wife's family." After a moment, she adds, "Of course, that's by memory. The order isn't particularly new, so I don't have it on my person anymore."

You nod, appreciating the information, if slightly annoyed by it as well. It's as if your CO thinks you're going to burst into tears at the moment anyone mentions Mina. Sure, you have nightly nightmares of the event, even two years later, and sure, maybe you often wake up tearfully, but that doesn't change the fact that you're in the Japanese Navy. You're a war hero, dammit. Sure, you got there by doing something extremely stupid, but still.

Ending the silence that was slowly growing oppressive, you say, "Thank you."

— - — - —

[ ] Anything else wanting to be done before sleeping? Write-in.
>> No. 195479
[x] What do you take of the current situation?
[x] How did you end up here?

This time, there are no angry foxes stopping our small talk RAMPAGE
>> No. 195486
[x] What do you take of the current situation?
[x] How did you end up here?
&
[x] Before we go to sleep...
-[x] Get an outline of our current capabilities and what we should project in the near-term.
-[x] What Meira's initial thoughts on force composition.

Basically, an estimate of what we should expect anytime soon in terms of development; something that could be referred back to.

And, well, what to build the navy to. I imagine that Inazuma is planned to be the first of many.

>>195479
...What does the fox say?
>> No. 195488
>>195486
Nothing, it was just really tired and wanted to go to sleep.
>> No. 195625
Sorry I took so long. I had an unstoppable urge to finally hit Act 2 in Eastern Tale. With thread 8 started, I finally feel ready to hop back on my other two horses.

How I nearly hit a year of tutorial to begin with, I'll never know.
>> No. 195699
File 149114669746.jpg - (109.01KB , 850x850 , Friendly enough.jpg ) [iqdb]
195699
[x] What do you take of the current situation?
[x] How did you end up here?
&
[x] Before we go to sleep...
-[x] Get an outline of our current capabilities and what we should project in the near-term.
-[x] What Meira's initial thoughts on force composition.
I'm giving you a chance to pick who to ask.

— - — - —

"What is the current situation of the base like?" If there's one thing you feel you could know more about, it's what condition your new station is in.

Humming a moment, she eventually answers, "Walking a blade's edge, to be frank. Getting resources to expand the base isn't easy. No, it's downright suicide. But, well... we're used to it. Every day here might be the last, but if it's not, we know that tomorrow might be the day we all want to see. But, in general, well... we have enough good food to last a month, but that's more something to ask Ellen. Less edible food, well... As little as we eat, we wouldn't run out of hardtack. We've enough to probably last ten years, honestly. Abyssal junk to make three ships. After that, well... you'll have to aim for getting more. But, again, if you want a detailed report, the head of Abyssal Research, Rika, would know better, as I don't have the information on me.

Continuing, she explains, "We've enough general materials for some expansion, but we're good on space, what with, well... everyone but our Military Police being six inch nothing. Base was built with humans in mind. Fuel, I'm not sure of. Assuming standard consumption by the Inazuma, I'd say enough for a year of use, as she's just one ship. But, of course, with more ships would come a greater need. Ammo's something we have in spades, thankfully. Also enough for a year, if she uses standard shells. If she uses Abyssal shells, though... well, you could probably make only two more ships instead of three, using the rest for ammo. But, again, I just get the info and know enough to explain it enough. As things are, we overall can last a month on our current resources."

Hmm... Then food is both a non-issue as well as the first issue. Hardtack will keep you alive well enough, but eating nothing but that would be murder on morale. "As for why you're stationed here?"

"To be frank, I'm pretty good at what I do, buuuut a bit annoying." She can say that again. "But the reason I accepted, well..." She goes a bit quiet. "...The Abyssals attacked, killing my husband and girl." Her mood turns towards somber. "So, while I can't do much directly, I want to ensure the fish are paid back in full."

You're not sure how to feel about relating to what happened. You don't much like how she's as casual as she is, but she's also not insubordinate. She needs to be disciplined at some point. Perhaps sitting in on Aoko's training and exercises, if possible.

— - — - —

But who do you ask the remaining questions to?
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 195716
File 149116199530.jpg - (40.39KB , 437x700 , 17626570_1420487611305681_8725888668664735319_n.jpg ) [iqdb]
195716
Does she really need to be disciplined though?

[x] Ask your ship R&D expert if we'll be able to use abyssal ammo or not.
-[x] And ask the time estimate to make two more ships; 3 seems like too little for engagements but more would negate resources for research or abyssal ammo and the extra time delay would probably make too much of a strain on your food and fuel resources.

So, first we use our only one for guarding the base, then we make another one for scouting and then we make another, heavy, one and use the three to try to get some resources and/or clear the way for a supply route?

I can't wait for the games to start!
>> No. 195910
[x] Ask your ship R&D expert if we'll be able to use abyssal ammo or not.
-[x] And whether if you should
[x] Ask the time estimate to make two more ships; 3 seems like too little for engagements but more would negate resources for research or abyssal ammo and the extra time delay would probably make too much of a strain on your food and fuel resources.
-[x] Inquire into the capabilities and types of ships that can be constructed.
-[x] Also inquire into whether any shore batteries or other installations such as airstrips could be build, along with whether they'd be useful.

Asking the latter moreso because a static shore battery is much more accurate than a moving one at sea. That, and we're not always going to be near base to protect it. Turning the base into a Futuristic Fort Drum/concrete battleship might be the next best thing.

If it's useful, of course.
>> No. 195913
[x] Ask your ship R&D expert if we'll be able to use abyssal ammo or not.
-[x] And whether if you should
[x] Ask the time estimate to make two more ships; 3 seems like too little for engagements but more would negate resources for research or abyssal ammo and the extra time delay would probably make too much of a strain on your food and fuel resources.
-[x] Inquire into the capabilities and types of ships that can be constructed.
-[x] Also inquire into whether any shore batteries or other installations such as airstrips could be build, along with whether they'd be useful.
>> No. 195924
File 149164374125.jpg - (166.09KB , 649x661 , A few drinks.jpg ) [iqdb]
195924
[x] Ask your ship R&D expert if we'll be able to use abyssal ammo or not.
-[x] And whether if you should
[x] Ask the time estimate to make two more ships; 3 seems like too little for engagements but more would negate resources for research or abyssal ammo and the extra time delay would probably make too much of a strain on your food and fuel resources.
-[x] Inquire into the capabilities and types of ships that can be constructed.
-[x] Also inquire into whether any shore batteries or other installations such as airstrips could be build, along with whether they'd be useful.

— - — - —

You head for the two that are acting oddly less hostile towards each other. They appear to be getting into the punch, judging by Rika's face looking like a cherry, which may make these answers less than helpful. Still, you don't need accuracy, and a grain of salt is hardly a bad thing to take things with. Although, admittedly, you hope a grain is enough.

The blonde looks up at the two of you from her thimble, Rika practically hanging off of her. "Ahh, Cap'n. What do ya need, sir?"

You raise a brow, though ask, "I was hoping you were coherent enough to answer some questions."

The blonde salute from where she sits, nearly spilling the thimble of punch. "A little spiked punch won't down me, cap'n. Just a little bit round. ...The corners, that is. Still, I'm fine enough. Just, uhh... maybe ask a second time later, if it's real important."

A reasonable request. "I'll keep that in mind. Now, what do you think about the risks of using Abyssal ammo?"

From Chiyuri's shoulder, Rika slurs, "It'sh aweshome! Like... like shootin' a big 'ol xenomorph at shtuff! BOOM BOOM!" She helpfully makes an explosion gesture with each instance of 'boom'.

While the Inazuma snickers, Chiyuri answers with a roll of her eyes, "Well... technically the Inazuma is... I guess you'd call it a hybrid to put it nicely. But, well... she's an Abyssal ship, bottom line. There shouldn't be any problems, but, well... the bullets are also alive, making them a bit of a hazard to actually handle. They're really just normal bullets dipped in blood a while before use." Her eyes go downcast. "They're dangerous, but, well... if we figure out how to handle them, or get more fae as suicidal as Rika's... type, it should be smooth sailin'."

Hmm... so they're hazardous to the crew more than the ships. "Alright. And an ETA on ship construction?"

The ship researcher sighs, explaining in detail, "Well... the thing is, it's... real complicated. We've two directions we can aim for at this point: the Akatsuki-class or the Fubuki-class Destroyers. The Inazuma is our foot in the door, but we want to understand her sister ships, both closely and distantly related, if only to a degree. She was the 4th and 24th, respectively, making her the last ship to be produced of both those classes. We want to study similarities between them, as we feel we need to learn more before we can risk ships with a bit more bite than a Destroyer." The Inazuma looks a bit offended by her words.

You nod at that answer. "Another thing: would shore batteries be possible?"

Sighing, she simply answers, "That's Rika's field: land weapons and installation and the like. But, well..." She glances to the drunk, who appears to have fallen asleep while leaning on her shoulder.

Perhaps another time, then.

— - — - —

Anything left to address before bed?
[ ] Write-in
>> No. 195930
[x] So, we're going to be with a single ship to defend us for some time? As great as the Inazuma is, I think I'll need another drink.
-[x] Share a few drinks (Inazu too, if she feels like it) and go to bed.

Welp.
>> No. 195939
[x] So, we're going to be with a single ship to defend us for some time? As great as the Inazuma is, I think I'll need another drink.
-[x] Share a few drinks (Inazu too, if she feels like it) and go to bed.
[x] Make sure to find Rika when she is sober asap.

We do have a base for Meira's ships!

Meira shall deploy a mountain of ships!

In all seriousness, if we have any spare weapons that can be used, and anything excess, it might be good. if not just shore installations, then mining the entrance and exit should work.
>> No. 195948
As for research... Is there any reason to go for the older Fubuki class? Inazuma is already of the Akatsukis, so it seems more logical to continue with a later class design

Would it be too much to ask what the projected designs are after we complete enough of the Akatsukis? The only way I could see the base Fubuki being a good route is if it opens up an alternate tech route. For each of those ships, what are the projected paths we follow afterwards?

And... what is the island and base generally like? Or are these questions that should be saved for votes?
>> No. 195949
>>195948

They did say that they wanted to compare the ships' capabilities. They can't exactly be historically accurate if they can fight Abyssals after all.

A vote will get an exact answer. But, basically, every ship researched opens new ships up. Don't trust historical power, you'll eventually learn how these things work.

TL;DR power levels are bullshit.
>> No. 195985
Writing tomorrow.
>> No. 195997
[x] So, we're going to be with a single ship to defend us for some time? As great as the Inazuma is, I think I'll need another drink.
-[x] Share a few drinks (Inazu too, if she feels like it) and go to bed.
[x] Make sure to find Rika when she is sober asap.
>> No. 196010
File 149204289455.png - (0.97MB , 1200x600 , I didn't feel like adding the hair.png ) [iqdb]
196010
[x] So, we're going to be with a single ship to defend us for some time? As great as the Inazuma is, I think I'll need another drink.
-[x] Share a few drinks (Inazu too, if she feels like it) and go to bed. The punch isn't in a position to makes a three-way easy.
[x] Make sure to find Rika when she is sober asap.

— - — - —

You can't help but let out a sigh. As good a ship as the Inazuma no doubt must be, you somehow doubt that she can single handedly protect the base. A capable girl she may be, but Rambo she is not. "...I think I'm going to need another drink."

Chiyuri chuckles a bit as you head off. From beside you, the ship in question asks, "Sir, is everything alright...?"

"Nothing is wrong. I'm just worried is all." You draw some punch from the bowl, downing it like it's a shot. "I knew that ships such as you were valuable, but I didn't expect to only have you."

Clenching her fists a bit, the girl says, "Then I'll just have to show you my serious side. If worse comes to worse, I'll protect this base with my life!"

You glance to her, and then pat her head a bit. "I'll be depending on you, then, if the worst case scenario happens." Eyeing the punch, you offer, "Want some punch?"

She gives you an odd look. "Doesn't that go against the orders you just gave, sir?"

"Ahh, right. I suppose the alcohol must be getting to me a bit. Never mind, then." You throw away the paper cup, sighing. "I suppose that's good night, then. I'd prefer to not make a scene." You don't want a repeat of the bra incident.

Inazuma nods. "Good night." She smiles up at you with hope in her eye, whereas she only had courage and sorrow when she arrived. You feel she'll make a fine ship. ...Odd as that statement is.

A quick trip through the halls, and you're back in your room. Twenty minutes later, your drunken mind feels that everything is spic, span and tidily put away. You idly hope that you agree in the morning, after you dress down to your boxers and undershirt, setting your sword off to the side of your bed.

A short time after lying down, sleep takes you.

— - — - —

[ ] Till
[ ] Death
[ ] Do
[ ] We
[ ] Part
>> No. 196022
>[ ] Till
>[ ] Death
>[ ] Do
>[ ] We
>[ ] Part

Hrm... Someone is dwelling on past memories, it seems. The bad ones, at that.

You don't need to do that Meira. Just reject that reality! We're in a base full of PC-98s. Just call up Gengetsu and route that dream through a different switchboard. Remember the good times and dream of them!

[x] We're
[x] No
[x] Strangers
[x] To
[x] Love
>> No. 196029
File 149207893712.jpg - (326.55KB , 1441x1211 , 133233918788.jpg ) [iqdb]
196029
Pfff as if traumatic experiences could be forgotten so easily.

Besides, he doesn't want to forget and I wouldn't want to either: There are good within the bad, so lets aim for that now.

[x] Till
>> No. 196033
[x] Till
>> No. 196120
File 149271651890.jpg - (286.93KB , 850x752 , Good Murasa pictures are hard_.jpg ) [iqdb]
196120
[X] Till
[X] We
[X] Part


— - — - —

You strike a crisp salute; the first one you gave.

The first time you met; the beginning of the end.

Harsh yet fair — a good CO to have.

Arrow through your heart. Thankfully not literally.

Sound advice given. Sound advice remembered.


You strike a crisp salute. The last one you give.

You ship out, not knowing what to expect. No one does.

Mina smiles at you as you pass. The last you witness.

A spray of water from behind. Fear rises like bile.

You spin and run after. Dread builds with every step.



You arrive at the haunting scene. You spy your wife bleeding.

You pull her from the water. She isn't breathing.

You check her pulse. It is silent as can be.

You salute, though it's empty. An open casket.

You cry for your lost love. But only inside.

A burial at sea. It's what she would have wanted.

You will never forget. She made you who you are today.


You jolt awake, though it was a happier dream this time. ...Back when you first met Mina. Was like love at first sight.

You wipe a tear from your eye regardless.

— - — - —

[ ] Plan your day. Write-in.
>> No. 196124
File 149271840150.jpg - (93.55KB , 561x1143 , Kiso_(Kantai_Collection)_full_1577468.jpg ) [iqdb]
196124
[x] Salute
[x] Light exercise routine
[x] Shower
[x] Breakfast
[x] Visit Kotohime About that beer I owed ya
[x] Consult Rika re:shore batteries and base defenses
[x] Check on Inazuma It's not like I care about you or anything...
[x] Lunch... With company
[x] Start a written report of all resources, staff, ongoing research, supply lines, base location and danger levels.
-[x] Bother everyone you have to, for as long as you have to: this will be the backbone of your decision making.

Apollo 440's "Time is running out" is now playing in your head. Manually.
>> No. 196125
>>196124

This looks good. my only issue is with that light exercise crap.

[X]>>196124
[X]Intense, challenging workout.
>> No. 196129
This is fine. Added one thing.

[x] Salute
[x] Light exercise routine
[x] Shower
[x] Breakfast
[x] Visit Kotohime About that beer I owed ya
[x] Consult Rika re:shore batteries and base defenses
-[x] ...Tanks?
[x] Check on Inazuma It's not like I care about you or anything...
[x] Lunch... With company
[x] Start a written report of all resources, staff, ongoing research, supply lines, base location and danger levels.
-[x] Bother everyone you have to, for as long as you have to: this will be the backbone of your decision making.
>> No. 196157
File 149311865656.jpg - (264.18KB , 555x611 , Kill thy grime.jpg ) [iqdb]
196157
[X] Salute
[X] Light exercise routine
[X] Shower
[ ] Breakfast
[ ] Visit Kotohime About that beer I owed ya
[ ] Consult Rika re:shore batteries and base defenses
[ ] Check on Inazuma It's not like I care about you or anything...
[ ] Lunch... With company
[ ] Start a written report of all resources, staff, ongoing research, supply lines, base location and danger levels.
-[ ] Bother everyone you have to, for as long as you have to: this will be the backbone of your decision making.

— - — - —

You silently salute the picture of your wife, happy to see it no worse for wear from transit. It puts a small smile on your face as you strip off your tank top. You need to do a bit of light workout if you want to wake up enough to deal with a base full of hungover half-foot people with piercingly, squeaky voices.

That done, you grab a fresh uniform and head off for a quick wash. The base is alive with activity as you go. You note that the fairies are indeed the ones doing the cleaning, though you're surprised to see some pushing around full-sized push brooms, while others drag full-sized mops. It's hard to consider something so small to have so much strength. Although, in the end, Inazuma is stronger by far, or at least you imagine so. If the fae can also dent steel with a punch, you may start feeling a bit emasculated.

After a short trip, you finally come to the baths, though you're still not quite sure why they're more than simple showers. You figure this a good time to properly inspect things. You can't be smelling of punch and sweat after all. Still, back on topic: while morale is a concern, having a full-on bath house like this honestly seems more silly than anything.

You simply sigh as you quickly disrobe, storing your clothes in a nook basket. As you go in, the baths remind you more of nude swimming pools than anything, due to how many fairies you see using them.

"Ahh, hello there, Captain." You turn to look, finding the nurse to be sitting on an eraser and using a rather large thimble to no doubt dump water over her head. If nothing else, you commend their ingenuity when it comes to day to day life.

You nod. "Good morning, Miss..." ...Now that you think about it, you don't think you ever got her name.

"Sariel, sir. Nurse Sariel." She looks to you from the corner of her eye. Noticing that look of having something on the tip of your tongue, she explains, "My parents were, to be frank, religious nuts. Sariel is an angel's name, sir." At least it fits her profession. As if reading your thoughts, she adds, "An angel of death, mind you."

You wince just a bit. That sounds like a bit of a sore spot, regardless of her neutral tone. It honestly reminds of your own feeling towards certain subjects regarding masculinity. "I'll leave you to your bathing." You have things that need doing, and bothering small women while they bathe is not among them.

You don't bother with soaking, and instead simply use the sprayer and lather up. After that, you rinse off, get out, get dressed and move on. You think it's a good time for a meal.

To be continued...
>> No. 196161
File 149320236233.png - (568.03KB , 700x700 , Don't you forget about me.png ) [iqdb]
196161
[X] Salute
[X] Light exercise routine
[X] Shower

[X] Breakfast
[X] Visit Kotohime About that beer I owed ya
[X] Consult Rika re:shore batteries and base defenses
-[X] Check on Inazuma It's not like I care about you or anything...
[ ] Lunch... With company
[ ] Start a written report of all resources, staff, ongoing research, supply lines, base location and danger levels.
-[ ] Bother everyone you have to, for as long as you have to: this will be the backbone of your decision making.

— - — - —

You soon arrive at the dining hall, finding Ellen to be presiding over the food. "Ohh! Good morning, Captain♥"

You nod to the small, bubbly girl. "Good morning, Ellen. What's on the menu today?"

She grins at your question. "It's a secret♥" That said, she winks, giggling. That's... honestly minorly worrying. You look to the line, hoping for any indication of food that's not quite up to snuff. Or even made of snuff, potentially. The stories weren't what you'd call comforting. As the front of the line hoses out what looks like oatmeal, you notice nothing untoward. "If you like, I could make something special, though~ Just for you~♥"

"Maybe later, Ellen. I have a busy day today, and I have a lot needing doing."

"In that case, go ahead and cut in line~ I don't want to be the one they blame in the second circle of chef hell~ Besides, it can be taken from by hose and ladle at once. Just open the lid and you'll be golden~"

"Very well, then." That said, you do as instructed, foregoing the needlessly difficult hose system. You tested it once; you don't need to test it again. You can leave that to the maintenance staff.

Taking a seat, you begin to eat. As you eat, you notice something crawling up the outside of your pants leg, causing you to resist the urge to reflexively kick it off. Peeking under the table, you find Ellen to have made it to your lap. "How is it, how is it~" She looks positively ecstatic that you're eating it.

Thinking a moment, you take another bite for a small amount of judging. It doesn't taste, well, tasteless or anything. "It reminds me of food my mother would make."

Ellen's cheeks go rosy as she clutches them, beaming with pride. "Ohh, you♥ Thank you, Captain!" You chuckle just a bit, smiling as you continue to enjoy the meal. This isn't anything like the rest of the time you've spent in the navy up to this point. But maybe that's a good thing. You don't expect everything to be okay. You know that it's likely every last one of you will die. But having the sunny attitude of those you've met so far by your side, perhaps spirits won't dip so badly in the dark times ahead. Looking back down, you point out, "Ellen, I don't think you have to sit in my lap the whole of my meal."

"But I love that look on your face, Captain~ It's very handsome♥"

...Well, that's better than the alternative at the least. "Thank you, but you're more needed to make sure we all get fed, aren't you?"

She sighs a bit, eyes dipping to... well, you'll go with the term 'the ground,' regardless of what it actually is. "Well, if you insist..."

"More than just I needs food cooked with love, don't they?"

The smile returns in full force, followed by her hopping to her feet. "Yes, sir!" She jumps off of the sensitive floor she was kneeling on, leaving you to sigh in relief as she scampers off.

After finishing your meal, you deposit your utensils and head for Meira's office, finding her to be doing a bit of paperwork with bloodshot eyes. You knock gently, though you opened the door already. When those groggy eyes look up, she smiles weakly. "Hey there, Meira."

"Hello, Koto. I see you got into the punch."

She sighs, setting down her pen. "You could say that again."

"Hello, Koto. I see—"

"Ha ha, very funny." She fixes you with a flat stare, before sighing. "Still, what brings you to my office, sir?"

"You've permission to speak freely and you know it." You snort just a bit. "As for why I'm here, you could say I'm here about that beer I owe you."

She pales at the very thought. "Don't even joke about that. I'll never drink again after that."

"Surely it can't be that bad. Besides, you say that every time you get drunk."

"And I mean it every time I get drunk."

"Sure, if only for a few hours."

She sighs, not sounding in the mood for banter. "Whaddaya want, girly?"

Your brow twitches at that reminder. "Well, I was wondering the exact status on the ships, even if it's only one at the moment."

She fixes you with an odd look. "How so?"

"I've been told they're considered adults."

"...She's eight."

"Don't shoot the messenger, as it were."

The woman groans, muttering, "That's a subject I'll only touch with a ten foot pole while I'm drunk."

"Then I suppose we'll never broach it, going by what you said."

"Sad, isn't it?"

Chuckling, you say, "I'll see about paying you back that beer I owe next time we try to discuss it." You head off, leaving the redhead to groan with irritation.

Heading on, you arrive at R&D, only to find a particular lack of Rika. The other two look up from their stations, however. Rikako is the one that speaks, asking, "Yes?"

"I need to discuss some things with Rika. Have you seen her?"

Chiyuri answers, "Just missed her. She's over by the docks, probably onboard the Inazuma by now."

You sigh. "Very well. I'll leave you to your work, in that case." With that, you continue on, soon arriving at the docks to the sight of the Inazuma.

She's in ship form, and her gangplank is down.

— - — - —

Board?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
>> No. 196162
>"Yes, sir!" She jumps off of the sensitive floor she was kneeling on, leaving you to sigh in relief as she scampers off.

Too innocent or too perverted? You be the judge!

[x] Announce your presence and ask your permission
[x] If no response comes forthwith, go on board without feeling silly for talking alone.
>> No. 196171
>>196162

[x] Announce the captain is on deck!
[x] Board the boat.
-[x] Do not even think about that song.
>> No. 196176
[x] Announce the captain is on deck!
[x] Board the boat.
>> No. 196185
[X] No

One doesn't just board a ship without requesting permission to come aboard from the quartermaster, watchman or Captain of the vessel. It's Fuckin rude.
>> No. 196186
>>196185
Uh, we are the captain
>> No. 196187
>>196186

It could be said that Aoko is technically the Captain of the Inazuma.
>> No. 196188
>>196186

The Navy calls their O-6 officers "Captain". Ergo; we hold the rank of Captain, but are not "the" Captain of any particular vessel. Yet.
>> No. 196192
[x] Announce presence and ask permission.

Finally decided to read this one, and as much as I hate KanColle, it's actually okay. Books, covers, etcetera.
>> No. 196193
File 149346810255.jpg - (115.75KB , 850x850 , Hypocrite.jpg ) [iqdb]
196193
>>196192

As someone who hates Kancolle... I understand that completely.
>> No. 196208
File 149364030391.jpg - (3.91KB , 259x194 , Bang bang he hit the yes.jpg ) [iqdb]
196208
[x] Announce the captain is on deck!
[x] Board the boat.

— - — - —

You call out, "Inazuma, can you hear me?" Under normal circumstances, one might call you mad to talk to a ship. And, under those very same circumstances, you would most certainly agree. Thankfully, however, not one within the base would question such a thing.

You still feel a bit silly all, the same.

After a moment, you hear what sounds like the girl herself speak as if through a radio or the like. "Yes, Sir?" The sound of her voice — static and all — sets you just a bit on edge. Since the Fish came, that could be said about anybody, you feel. Every communication intercepted and received has had far too much of it to be understood.

You clear your throat, setting aside fear, if only for the moment. She's no enemy — she's to be your savior, if anything. "Permission to come aboard?"

The lights of the ship, which you only now notice are quite alive with light, wink out and back on, as if blinking. "Erm... granted, sir. Just be careful, okay...? I don't want to accidentally make a fairy out of you..."

You nod, though, realizing she may not be able to see you, decide to say, "Thank you." With that done, you board the ship. Looking about, it's as if looking at a photograph of an old ship, but in color. She looks as new as you know her to be. Which, for a World War 2 vessel, that's beyond impressive.

You pray that she has air conditioning, however; you may know little about the particular ship, but you do know that they were largely like ovens.

Looking around for any portion to be eyeing you, you notice a lack of any sort of camera.

You do, however, notice a main gun to be aimed straight at the back of your head.

— - — - —

[ ] Write-in
>> No. 196209
[x] "Is that a 12.7 dual cannon in your starboard, or are you happy to see me?"
>> No. 196210
[x] "Is that a 12.7 dual cannon in your starboard, or are you happy to see me?"

Ayyyy nice one.
>> No. 196211
[x] "Is that a 12.7 dual cannon in your starboard, or are you happy to see me?"
>> No. 196213
[x] "Is that a 12.7 dual cannon in your starboard, or are you happy to see me?"

Smooth.
>> No. 196217
>>196209
I like the way you think.

[x] "Is that a 12.7 dual cannon in your starboard, or are you happy to see me?"
>> No. 196226
[x] "Is that a 12.7 dual cannon in your starboard, or are you happy to see me?"

There's a size queen joke in here...
>> No. 196235
File 149389329763.jpg - (164.90KB , 850x956 , Whatever happened to Yukari.jpg ) [iqdb]
196235
Next thread: >>196233
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


Exit Mobile View