[Return]
Archived Thread
File 12371460352.jpg - (113.57KB , 650x755 , closest I could get while being worksafe - similar.jpg ) [iqdb]
14576 No. 14576
Eirin's room is very different from all of the other bedrooms. There are several elements that you recognize from the other rooms; There's a 'double-room' like with Kaguya, the sensible and understated décor found in Tewi's room and a good degree of functionality as with Reisen's. It's part study, part sleeping quarters. A discrete silken curtain separates the two areas and obfuscates the view of the actual bed and intimate portion of the room.

You were told to follow her to her room after the last exchange. She either ignored your last comment or really didn't care what you had to say; All she did was nod and beckon you to follow her with no regards to what you might have been thinking or feeling. It's not all bad though, she designates a rolled up futon and a pillow in the corner as yours for the night. You'll be sleeping right outside the curtained doorway. You appreciate it, but think that somehow the experience is diluted by this. After all, it seems more like you're a guard dog sleeping outside the house than a guest.

“Make yourself comfortable. If you like you may look through my books to see if anything catches your fancy – I'm going to get changed.” Eirin disappears into the back, leaving you alone. You do as she says, never once it having occurred to you that you could have peeked on her changing. In retrospect, you shudder thinking about what could have happened if she had caught you.

Her books are interesting. They vary widely in subject matter. You ignore the more medical-centric ones, thinking that you won't stand a chance to understand them; Out of curiosity you take a look at On the workings of the liver – it's both daunting and boring to try to understand it. Ah, she has a lot of books on philosophy, mostly oriental. You spot the Dao de jing, the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, and others amongst the collection. Interestingly enough, she also has some western books, although the most 'recent' one is City of God with the rest being the usual Greek fare.

The most interesting find, however, is written by Eirin herself. Neglected at the bottom of the shelf is a s mall book that could pass off as a bound pamphlet or journal. The title is written in two languages, you read one of them as Thoughts and the other language is in that script you saw earlier in the clinic. Eirin's name is delicately written on the bottom right of the cover. You sit down to read it. Only to find out that you can't read most of it. You can tell, from just looking at the formatting, what it probably is. On most pages a central title dominates the top, with stanzas occupying the remainder. This is a book of poetry.

Eternity, Evening Star, Transcendence. These are are some of the titles that you can read. Occasional comments are opposite the poems; “Ideas inspired by a Blue Moon.”, “A nautical-themed set.”, “A deliberate attempt to express repressed ideals.”. Only at the very end does the last poem end with a couplet that you can read:

Change and entropy nurtures the everyday;
Eternity keeps the promise of someday.


“Found something to your liking?”
“I'm just trying to make sense of this book.”
“Let's see.” A hand is placed on your shoulder, and something smells nice. “Oh that thing?It certainly does seem like you've got an aptitude for getting your nose into things best ignored.”
“Huh ? What do you mean?” You turn your head to look at her. Your whole body trembles. For a moment you feel that your heart stops, and it's only a miracle that it starts up again.
“Nothing really. It's just that this is something that's inconsequential.” Eirin takes the book from your stunned hands and flips through the pages.

Legs. And curves. And soft textiles. Sensual tones of dark red. Your jaw feels like it just hit the floor. Even if you had known in the back of your mind that Eirin was changing into her sleeping clothes, you still wouldn't have imagined her to sleep dressed quite like this. The lacey nightgown is simply stunning. Its shimmering silky satin bedazzles you. Delicate frills decorate the hems of the dress, their delicate patterns accentuating the transition between textile and smooth skin. It's got a steep cut on top, exposing generous amounts of neck, shoulder, and upper chest. Below, it ends leagues above her shapely knees.

“...Are you listening to me?” Eirin's question makes you realize that you've been spacing out. You shake your head, feeling that there was no other alternative. Anyone, of either sex, would have stopped to gawk like you have. “I'm going to rest up. Goodnight. Turn off that light when you're done reading.” All you can do is nod and watch as she moves away. Her walk is confident, and all you can hear (beside your accelerated heartbeat) is that hypnotic swishing of smooth fabric. That Burgundy nightgown suits her perfectly. The contrast between her fine light hair and pale skin and the deep, passionate colors has you mesmerized.

Even long after she disappears behind the curtain, and long after you've given up and turned off the light, its all that you can think about. You don't think anyone else could have filled an outfit like that convincingly. She's in her own class when it all boils down. You toss and turn in your futon, trying to exorcise thoughts of what lies beyond the thin curtain. This lasts for most of the night, as you toss and turn and struggle against your own runaway imagination. And against your own body, which doesn't want to cooperate with you. You can't take it anymore. This is torture. Everything is quiet and still at this time of night, except you. You have to do something, lest you go insane.

[] Take a nightly stroll in Eientei to try to clear your mind
[] Knock yourself out – literally
[] Just a little peek couldn't hurt...
>> No. 14577
[] Just a little peek couldn't hurt...

what's the worst that could happen?
>> No. 14578
[X] Shinji option.

.... Kidding!

[X] Take a stroll around Eientei.
>> No. 14579
[] Take a nightly stroll in Eientei to try to clear your mind
>> No. 14580
[X] Just lie there until you finally fall asleep/morning.
>> No. 14581
[x] Just a little peek couldn't hurt..

NO, just NO. Bad me. Bad End in sight..... just watching her sleep for a bit nothing more. Only looking.
>> No. 14583
[] Take a nightly stroll in Eientei to try to clear your mind
>> No. 14584
[] Just a little peek couldn't hurt...
>> No. 14585
[!/] Take a nightly stroll in Eientei to try to clear your mind.

In during we get lost
>> No. 14586
[X] Take a nightly stroll in Eientei to try to clear your mind

getting outta here before our head asplodes
>> No. 14587
[X] Take a nightly stroll in Eientei to try to clear your mind
>> No. 14588
[x] Take a nightly stroll in Eientei to try to clear your mind
>> No. 14589
File 123715125863.jpg- (298.26KB , 276x1000 , always listen to eirin.jpg ) [iqdb]
14589
Alright. Writing.
>> No. 14590
>>14589
Hooray!
>> No. 14592
File 12371564555.jpg- (118.40KB , 560x700 , ekn1.jpg ) [iqdb]
14592
[x] Take a nightly stroll in Eientei to try to clear your mind

Gah, this is no good. You get up, avoiding even looking at the silk curtain. Therein lies perdition, and being a mere mortal, you wish to keep yourself in one piece. You mask your footsteps as best you can, but wooden floorboards creak. In the dead of night, their sound is seemingly amplified tenfold. As you clear her room, you can only hope that you didn't awaken her. You don't want to run into her right now. You have no idea what you'd be capable of doing once you lost control. Just thinking about it makes your heart beat fast and your palms sweat. These unthinkable things are driving your body wild; Logic has long taken a backseat to your desire.

The stroll becomes a jog as you scramble away as quickly as possible. You run down the hallways towards an exit – you need fresh air. The small garden behind the kitchen is where you end up, huffing and puffing like wild beast. You gasp greedily for mouthfuls of fresh air, swallowing up the cool night. The air tastes wet, and you realize that it's because it was raining earlier. The humid night bares an overcast sky, blocking out the moon and stars. You stare at the flowers in order to calm yourself down. Yeah, these are Reisen's flowers, aren't they? You've seen her tend to these before. They're not much to look at though – just a couple of daisies and wild flowers.

They do have a nice, dignified appearance though. Thinking about these simple flowers and breathing the night air calms you down. Once you've settled down, you continue your stroll properly. There's not much to do at night here though. Everything is dark and there's not a soul stirring about.

“Hey, Shirou.” A whispered voice calls out to you as you walk. You look around. “Out here.” Ah, by the courtyard. You see her now.
“Kaguya? What are you doing out here?” You join your friend in standing out in the courtyard. She's in sleeping clothes as well. Unlike Eirin's though, these are much more modest, but no less suiting.
“Couldn't sleep. How about you?”
“Couldn't sleep either.”
“Is it something Eirin did?”
“Well, sort of, but not really...” You blush thinking about it. You couldn't possibly share the reason with your buddy. Then you realize something. “Wait, you knew I was going to be with Eirin tonight?”
“But of course.” You see her grin clearly even with the lack of illumination. “I don't think Eirin would dream of doing something like this with a good friend of mine without consulting me first. That's the way she is.”
“Wait- what exactly did she tell you?”
“Just that she had taken you on as her assistant for the day and she would invite you to stay around and night. Because you needed to for some reason.”
“Well, I don't know if I needed to.” You are surprised at how deferential Eirin is with this sort of thing. You thought that she would do whatever she wanted with you with no regards for anyone but herself. “But it's certainly been a... well, unique experience.”
“That's good, isn't it?” Your buddy probably doesn't know what you saw this evening.
“I can't complain.” You lie and end the matter there. “So why can't you sleep? Drink too much caffeine?”
“I wish.” She breathes in deep. “Just was feeling a bit strange, that's all. Kept thinking that something was wrong, no matter how much I tried I couldn't shake the feeling.”
“Something wrong? Like what?”
“I don't know. It's just a feeling of unease and anxiety. This isn't the first night it's happened either.”
“Maybe you should go see Eirin about it in the morning.” You now look at her with concern. “How long has this been going on?”
“Several nights, maybe four?” She lets out a subdued chuckle. “Don't worry about it though. I don't need to see Eirin, she'd just worry needlessly. It's just a silly feeling on my end.” Kaguya walks up to you and hugs you firmly. “Plus, if there turns out that there is something wrong, then I have good ol' reliable Shirou here to help me, right?”
“You bet.” You squeeze her back. Her warm breath tickles your chest and her hair feels astonishingly smooth.

You sit down on the wooden area to talk to her afterwards. She changes the subject, and you end up talking about mundane things for a while.

“Oh look at that.” Kaguya points to the sky. “You can see a couple of stars in between the clouds.”
“Just barely though.”
“Better than nothing. Day will be coming in a few hours and then we won't get to see them at all.”
“Fuwaa-.” You let out a yawn.
“Feeling tired now?”
“A bit.”
“That's okay. I feel tired now too. Talking to you made the feeling go away.”
“I'm glad.”
“Maybe it's your hidden ability.” She jokes. “You might just have an ultra-wonderful power and just don't know it.”
“Now that's unlikely.” You laugh. If you had some sort of special power you would have used it eons ago. “I think I'm a completely normal and dull person.”
“Now that's not true. I know as much.”
“And how do you know?”
“It's easy – if you were normal and boring, you wouldn't be my friend, now would you?” She states satisfied.
“You're absolutely right.” You smile to yourself. You're extremely lucky to know someone like her.
“In any case, if things get bad I'll make sure to call you.”
“I'll save you just like a superhero would.” You joke.
“I meant about the night thing, but that's fine too.” She laughs. “Make sure to get an outfit and cape while you're at it. Otherwise it doesn't count.”
“Yes yes. I'll keep that in mind.” You get up after she does and strike a silly 'good guy' pose. “Whenever a fiend threatens all that he holds dear, Super Emiya springs into action!”
“Feh.” Kaguya smirks. “That's a horrible name for a superhero. Think of something cooler.”
“Hey, it's all I could think up in like two seconds.”
“Well, keep at it, Masked Blunderer. I'm going to bed now.”
“I'll get it eventually, just you wait!”
“Whatever.” Before she completely disappears from view, Kaguya turns around and shows you a big smile that you can see even in the dark.
>> No. 14594
Ah that was nice. You're able to return to Eirin's room and sleep happily after that. You even have a nice dream about being a superhero. Sure, there you were an unrealistic moron and betrayed by everyone and everything, but you like to think that in real life it'd be different. You wake up with a smile on your face.

“Sleep well?”
“Decently.”
“That's good. Now get up. I have to open up the clinic.”

You rub your eyes and take stock of the situation. Eirin is sitting at her desk, dressed for work with an ambiguous smile on her face. “Come on, I let you sleep in a bit. Now hurry up.” Eirin urges you on, driving you like cattle.
“What time is it?”
“Around eight in the morning.”
“What time did you get up?” You speak while putting away the futon.
“Five. Now go do your morning business in the bathroom and lets go.”
“Wow, that's early.”
“Yes, but I still slept more than you did.”
“Huh?”
“You came back here past four, you know.”
“So you noticed that, eh?”
“How couldn't I. But come on, less talking, more moving.”

You're rushed through your morning routine. She practically barges into the bathroom to make sure you're doing things as quickly as possible. She even gives you a cracker, you breakfast, on the go.

“What's the hurry anyways?” You ask arriving at the clinic.
“You'll see soon enough.” She opens up. “Clear the examination table and ready my equipment. There's no need for you to put on the uniform right now, you can do that later.”

You work as per her instructions. You do all that she asks for an hour, driven mercilessly along a busy schedule. A bell rings.

“Ah, that should be the first one. Guide him in here.”
“Guide whom?”
“Our patient, of course. Now go.”

She practically kicks you out of her office and into the waiting area. You see who she meant right away. Two men and an elderly woman are sitting at the chairs. They look like villagers. They stare at you expectantly, and you realize what you're supposed to do.

“Good morning. Would the first patient like to come in now?” The first patient is a lanky middle-aged man, who looks at you with a disappointed face. “Is something the matter?”
“No, not at all. I just hadn't realized that there was a new assistant.” Oh. Well EXCUUUUUSE ME for not being Reisen.
“I'm just helping out temporarily. Now if you'll please come this way...”

You deliver him to Eirin. He's in there for only a few minutes before he comes back out. You guide the woman next. She's in there for a solid twenty minutes. You ask Eirin if she needs you to assist with anything, but she tells you to keep the patients coming in a timely fashion. More and more villagers arrive, and by lunchtime you think that there's been over a score of patients already. Things get slower around noon and Eirin lets you take a break, telling you to come back in forty minutes.

You realize how all these patients are getting here. You see from the window Mokou guiding someone new here. The patient comes in while Mokou leans against the building. It seems that she's taking a break too. Does she get paid for this? You wonder as you realize that you're not getting paid for this. Dammit, Eirin.

[] Spend your break chatting with Mokou
[] Check up on how Kaguya is doing
[] See if Reisen is feeling better
>> No. 14595
[] Check up on how Kaguya is doing
>> No. 14596
[] Check up on how Kaguya is doing
>> No. 14597
[] Spend your break chatting with Mokou
>> No. 14598
[x] Check up on how Kaguya is doing
>> No. 14599
[x] Check up on how Kaguya is doing

That was a great update Teruyo. Time to skip work and see Kaguya. Eirin will be pissed.
>> No. 14600
[x] Check up on how Kaguya is doing
>> No. 14601
>>14594
[X] Check up on how Kaguya is doing
>> No. 14602
Right. That ought to be enough. Writing now in theory, but it take a bit longer because I'm multitasking.
>> No. 14603
>>14602
nearly 2 in the night. Guess i will play some rounds CoH and hope for an update before it's 5
oh and... hooray!
>> No. 14604
[x] Check up on how Kaguya is doing

You slip away from the clinic and into the more intimate areas of Eientei. You needn't knock on Kaguya's door as it's wide open. Inside, instead of the usual mess of magazines and junk food, there's a completely bare and clean example of a room. In the middle of it all is Kaguya, sipping tea at her table. She welcomes you and tells you to sit down.

“Hey there. What have you been up to?”
“I was helping Eirin out, I'm on a break now.”
“Ah, you're still being nice and useful to her? How kind of you.”
“I guess I would have to be kind to put up with the things she makes me do.” You mutter under your breath. “So, how's it going? Sleep well?”
“Slept like a log after that. You?”
“I also slept well after that. Even though it wasn't much.”
“Well, better than nothing.” Kaguya shrugs. “I'm going to have to consider kidnapping you if I can't sleep. You're like a lucky rabbit's foot, but for sleep instead of luck.”
“That's a weird thing to be.” You disregard the fact that she's already kidnapped you once.
“Well, I'll be counting on you if it comes to that.”
“Sure, princess.” You roll your eyes.
“Don't call me that. Coming from you, it sounds creepy.” She wags her finger at you. “Just call me by my name.”
“A weak point?!” You say loudly to yourself. “I reserve the right to use this new weapon as I deem fit.”
“Sure, and I reserve the right to kick you out whenever I feel like it.”
“Ouch. Don't be like that. Friends don't treat friends like that.”
“Friend? You're just a miserably little worm.” She smirks and narrows her eyes. “You don't deserve any better.”
“That's right.” You play along. “I'm an unworthy companion to the great and wonderful Kaguya, whose brilliance is only matched by her peerless beauty. I ought to kill myself. I've come so close to the perfection that is my splendorous lady, that life has no further meaning.”
“You are to be spared from death.” She commands in a mock-regal tone. “I have use of your flesh for a while more. You shall die when I wish you to and in my service.”
“As you command.” You bow your head.

About ten seconds pass before the both of you simultaneously burst into laughter.

“What the hell was that all about?” You ask.
“I have no idea.” She laughs hard. “Seriously. It's one of those things that just happens for no reason.”
“Yeah, well, it feels like a good omen to me. We should celebrate.”
“How so?”
“I dunno.”
“You're a genius.” Kaguya says sarcastically.
“Hey, you know me, I don't work so well on short notice.”
“I'm surprised you work at all.” She takes a jab at you. “But let's not get into that. I say that you may be on to something. Today does seem like a perfect day for merriment and diversion.”
“A gallon of ice cream and really bad movies?”
“Nah, I don't think they've made any new SEED movies.”
“Wait, then what's 00?”
“Good point.” She smiles. “But let's think bigger for now.”
“Alright.”
“What else can we do? Surely there's something fun we can come up with?”
“Well, there's always other people.” You suggest.
“Oh yeah, they exist.”
“Not only do they exist but, believe it or not, they can also be interacted with.”
“Get out. Next thing you'll be telling me that you can actually communicate with other people.”
“Nothing ever so ludicrous, my princess.” You watch her cringe with your words. Haha, she really doesn't like you calling her that. “I'm just saying that they can be a source of amusement.”
“That's true. I've used certain prissy unfeminine tomboys as entertainment plenty of times before.”
“Ah.” You get a feeling that you know who she's talking about. “So you follow me?”
“Depends. Are you following yourself?”
“No. Not really.” You admit. This whole conversation is surreal to begin with.
“Perfect.” She finishes the rest of her tea in one gulp. “I guess that I'll leave the navigation up to you.”
“You can count on me.”
“Hardly. But do suggest something.”

[] “How about going wild with junk food and not giving a damn about the consequences? Recklessness, debauchery, the works.”
[] “I happen to know that a certain outsider just happens to be taking a break here, how about we play a nice trick on her?”
[] “I think Eirin could use a bit of an eye opener. Let's mess with her.”
[] “I would, dear princess, but I don't have that much time left for my break... maybe later.”

----
Really shouldn't have taken me this long. But eh.

>>14603
Sorry about that, but I can't help living several timezones ahead of, well, everyone ever.
>> No. 14605
[x] “How about going wild with junk food and not giving a damn about the consequences? Recklessness, debauchery, the works.”

Of the three options,I like this one the best.
>> No. 14607
File 123717357821.jpg- (117.53KB , 800x533 , 1c00066cd0037e1cc6ce06bb1dff52d1.jpg ) [iqdb]
14607
[!/]“How about going wild with junk food and not giving a damn about the consequences? Recklessness, debauchery, the works.”

>[] “I think Eirin could use a bit of an eye opener. Let's mess with her.”

As much as we could enjoy getting Erin'd, no.


>“Nah, I don't think they've made any new SEED movies.”
>“Wait, then what's 00?”

GARham is not amused.
>> No. 14608
>>14606
Which is what write-ins are for.

[x] "Well, I think we should go for something that would actually pose a challenge. It's no fun if you don't even break a sweat attempting it."
[x] "Let's mess with Tewi. Lay a trap out for her, capture her, and see what we can do with her from there. With the way the rabbits have been acting lately, this would be the perfect time to do so."
>> No. 14609
>>14608
You are my hero. Just perfect, exactly what i wanted.

[x] "Well, I think we should go for something that would actually pose a challenge. It's no fun if you don't even break a sweat attempting it."
[x] "Let's mess with Tewi. Lay a trap out for her, capture her, and see what we can do with her from there. With the way the rabbits have been acting lately, this would be the perfect time to do so."
>> No. 14610
[x] "How about sex?"
>> No. 14611
[X] “How about going wild with junk food and not giving a damn about the consequences? Recklessness, debauchery, the works.”

LET'S GET WASTED!
>> No. 14613
[X] “How about going wild with junk food and not giving a damn about the consequences? Recklessness, debauchery, the works.”
>> No. 14614
[X] “I would, dear princess, but I don't have that much time left for my break... maybe later.”

And suggest the following as something for Kaguya to mull over:


[x] "Well, I think we should go for something that would actually pose a challenge. It's no fun if you don't even break a sweat attempting it."
[x] "Let's mess with Tewi. Lay a trap out for her, capture her, and see what we can do with her from there. With the way the rabbits have been acting lately, this would be the perfect time to do so."

That is my vote!
>> No. 14620
>>14614

[X] Seconded
>> No. 14621
>>14620

[x] This

Though also throw something in that our plan is something which would require more time to properly enjoy
>> No. 14622
[x] "Well, I think we should go for something that would actually pose a challenge. It's no fun if you don't even break a sweat attempting it."
[x] "Let's mess with Tewi. Lay a trap out for her, capture her, and see what we can do with her from there. With the way the rabbits have been acting lately, this would be the perfect time to do so."
>> No. 14623
[x] "Well, I think we should go for something that would actually pose a challenge. It's no fun if you don't even break a sweat attempting it."
[x] "Let's mess with Tewi. Lay a trap out for her, capture her, and see what we can do with her from there. With the way the rabbits have been acting lately, this would be the perfect time to do so."
>> No. 14627
>>Let's mess with Tewi. Lay a trap out for her, capture her, and see what we can do with her from there.

There is no way this is going to end well for us, you know that, right?

Either whatever plan you wind up making backfires, trapping either you or Kaguya, or it works but winds up snaring Reisen instead, likely costing you some of the trust (and points) you've earned with her in the process.

Oh, and in the unlikely event you actually do manage to get Tewi? You've just given a notorious trickster with a legion of rabbits at her beck and call, a means of spying on pretty much anyone she wants in the place, and who greatly enjoys messing with you in particular a perfectly valid reason to start messing with you again. Not only that, but considering how unlikely she is to do anything to Kaguya directly, no matter how she might get involved, you can be sure that any payback owed to her will be targeted solely at you.

I hope you know how to sleep with one eye open...
>> No. 14628
I can't vote against the prevailing write-in enough. Not without being called-out by a mod.

>>How about going wild with junk food and not giving a damn about the consequences? Recklessness, debauchery, the works.
... only sounds better by comparison. Not in practice.

[x] DO NOT 'mess with Tewi'.
>> No. 14629
If I woke up with Tewi standing over me while I was trying to sleep, I'd let diplomacy take over, and hope the end result is a session with Tewi.
>> No. 14631
>>14629
A session of what?
>> No. 14632
[ಠ_ಠ] "I would, dear princess, but I don't have that much time left for my break... maybe later."
>> No. 14633
>>14631
Candyland, what else?
>> No. 14636
>>14629

Something along the lines of her trying to attack me, our bodies colliding and then it winds up in some form of hate sex and concludes with new found feelings for each other
>> No. 14637
>>14629
Are we talking about Jedi diplomacy?
>> No. 14643
Sorry about not updating. I'm still trying to figure out what the best thing to do here would be.
>> No. 14644
Alright, since this is stuck in gridlock, I'll leave it to anon. If any of you wish to change votes or whatever do that now. Or you can choose to let me arbitrate what's best in this situation and move on. Because as it stands there isn't a consensus on what to do now complete with an 'anti-vote'. So either group huddle and decide what to do or entrust it to me (default action if no consensus is reached in a couple of hours).
>> No. 14645
[X]"I would, dear princess, but I don't have that much time left for my break... maybe later."
>> No. 14647
>>14644
You decide.
>> No. 14648
>>14605 here. I'm switching to

[x]"I would, dear princess, but I don't have that much time left for my break... maybe later."
>> No. 14649
I'm sticking with the debuachery option.
Although there isn't much time in our break, assuming we are continuing to assist Eirin, the choice that addresses that issue doesn't seem 'right' to me, as it involves calling Kaguya that thing she told us not to call her.
>> No. 14650
>>14644
Do it like Owen alway did it when there was no real winning option.
Look at the ones with the most votes and mix something together.
>> No. 14651
I say just combine the two. Eirin will let us off later and we can go forward with a much better plan of attack and enjoyment of our capture. Though out of curiosity, how is it a gridlock? I count 7 votes for screwing with Tewi, 3 of which want to do it later instead of right now, and 4 overall for putting our actions on hold. Now with the gridlock call, we're at 7 (3 hold), and 6 overall hold our action.

Either way, the combination of the two is probably the best middleground and gives the majority of the voters what they wanted.
>> No. 14652
>>Though out of curiosity, how is it a gridlock? I count 7 votes for screwing with Tewi, 3 of which want to do it later instead of right now, and 4 overall for putting our actions on hold.


Just a guess, but I'm think it's because the vote is supposed to be for what we're doing RIGHT NOW. Going by your count, if we ignore the "mess with Tewi later" votes that leaves us somewhat tied regarding what to do at the moment, doesn't it?

Besides that, the tie is basically between doing something with Kaguya now and not doing something with Kaguya now, which really lend itself well to combination.
>> No. 14653
I guess. Nothing specifically reached the magic 5 by itself after all. Lots of things at 4 votes, but nothing as a stand alone option reached 5.
>> No. 14654
Alright. In theory will be writing, in practice not so much. Unfortunately Wednesday is my busiest day out of the week and the brief respites I have are for little more than taking deep breaths. So I probably will work for a halfdate if I can't finish a regular update.
>> No. 14655
>>14654

Do what you can when you can. Always thought the writer ought to be enjoying it rather than be pressured... Makes for a solid experience for both the writer and audience imo :)
>> No. 14656
[x] How about going wild with junk food and not giving a damn about the consequences? Recklessness, debauchery, the works.


Goddammit Anon! We haven't seen Mokou in like, forever! You guys keep staying with Kaguya. Nothing's gonna happen with her, she's just teasing!
>> No. 14657
>>14656
I'm worrying about the lack of offerings to the God of Booze.
>> No. 14658
>>14657
I can tell right away, even if she does drink that much, the chances of anything happening are very slim to none. I'd prefer STAYING AWAY from her for a while. At least that way, we might have a chance of her wanting to be with us, instead of the other way around. Shirou needs some time to clear his head anyway.
>> No. 14659
>>You guys keep staying with Kaguya.
>>I'd prefer STAYING AWAY from her for a while.

Uhh, what? Aside from this current scene, we've hardly intentionally chosen to spend time with Kaguya for a while now. Meanwhile, we've been basically tied to Eirin in one way or another ever since we partnered up at the festival, going from those injections to being laid up in the clinic to now working in it as her assistant. And don't get me started on Tewi. Even in this current choice, when we're coming up with something to do with our NEET, people are trying to work that rabbit in.

Wanting our bwuddy to want to spend time with us is all well and good, but a man has to take the initiative sometimes, too.
>> No. 14660
>>14656

No Kaguya route? This is Teruyo we're talking about, here.

Plus, is it just me, or is Kaguya the only one who is much fun to be around?

Could it be author bias? Naaaah... couldn't be.
>> No. 14661
>>14660
Soon there will be a route lock. Hermit route locked in.
I just wish he would give us a little hint about how many affection points we collected already.
>> No. 14662
>>Plus, is it just me, or is Kaguya the only one who is much fun to be around?

Well, to be fair, she has the advantage of being friends with Shirou since before the beginning, with the others all starting out as basically total strangers, and so can naturally go straight to the fun buddy-buddy stuff. It it so strange that the others might not seem quite as fun when we've still yet to get to know them and have them fully warm up to us?
>> No. 14663
[x] “How about going wild with junk food and not giving a damn about the consequences? Recklessness, debauchery, the works.”
>> No. 14665
File 123741507817.jpg- (240.11KB , 900x600 , 1218572199350.jpg ) [iqdb]
14665
“No means no, and that's final!” She raised her voice for dramatic effect, banging her gavel against the table. The crowd erupted into a chattering frenzy, and protests echoed throughout the room. “It doesn't matter anymore. Just stick to the plan and things will work out. That's all and you're all dismissed!” Using her most authoritative voice, Tewi chased out the throng of rabbits Shooing them away, the abandoned room was nearly vacated in less than a minute. Only the usual bunch remained. She didn't want to let herself feel exasperated, but even she couldn't help but frown slightly.

“You do know that some of them will ignore you, right?” The usual voice of discontent voices her well-known observation.
“Yeah, I know, but what of it?” Tewi hated dealing with her. Amongst the scores of rabbits who lived in the forest, this upstart was one of the few who even came close to openly challenging her decisions. It wasn't that they didn't get along, nor that there was a mutual lack of respect. Oh no, that wasn't it. After all, the rabbits were all part of a cohesive community. Everyone knew their standing and there was no confusion in the ranks. It's just that with her, Tewi sometimes thought, she well... had a different way of approaching things. It couldn't be helped, she was merely a baby when compare to Tewi. That was the reasoning and it let Tewi safely ignore the rebellious streak. “What are you doing here anyways? Don't you prefer sticking around the forest?”
“That... would, ah, be my fault.” Ah that made sense. Standing just off to the left of the other rabbit was her tail. That minuscule specimen of a male, looking even smaller by always standing behind her. Tewi didn't think much of him. He would be cute, if it weren't for his over-bashful behavior. He was smarter than he looked, Tewi knew from past dealings, and a quite lucky too – he had been mate to that wild weed for so long that it was practically a shame.
“I have things to do today, I'm a busy rabbit.” Tewi acted to intimidate this poor wretch. It was fun to watch. “So don't waste my time. Got places to be, people to see.”
“I-I'm sorry.” He slumps his shoulders and quivers to Tewi's delight.
“Oh don't be like that.” His mate comforts him with a caring smile before turning to Tewi again. “We won't take that much of your time then. We just want to know if you still intend to go through with that insane plan of yours.”
Insane? I wasn't aware that it was particularly insane myself.” My, the audacity of younglings nowadays was certainly grand. She wasn't one for strict rules but these rabbits may just need to learn their place. How else are they going to succeed like she has?
“We meant no disrespect-” The tail is elbowed by his companion to silence.
“Maybe. But its good to know what you're really thinking.” Tewi smiles, walking towards the door. “And yes – it's still going on. That's what usually happens when we agree on a plan, isn't it?” She couldn't see their faces now, but she could sense their childish defiance still raging. “Rest assured, it'll work. Especially if you keep this feint up. I don't even know why you bring it up, you don't even live here. As long as the rabbits at Eientei keep up the bluff, you don't have a thing to worry about. And it looks like they will.” She stops at the door. “They just like to complain, like always, like you. It'll all work out.” Tewi enjoys acting in command, but it tires her. It's all just a big game anyways, so no need to take it too seriously. She reaffirms her situation, bowing politely. “If you'll excuse me now, I have to return.”
“-what good is it to spend time with those people?!” It looks like she can't keep herself in check anymore. Tewi humors her before flitting off.
“They're fun, and help us further our ends.”

She's off before another insolent remark is uttered. That's just so boring. Hearing something that she's heard a million times. They can worry about all of the petty details by themselves. She smiles as she skips along, imagining that the couple will undoubtedly console themselves now with each other. Maybe she'll console herself as well. In a different manner, of course. There's always Reisen, although she's been boring as of late. And Eirin will have another fit if she messes with her stuff today. She saw the miles of humans going into the clinic earlier. She doesn't want a repeat of he last punishment. She can still feel her probing hands and instruments.

So that leaves two choices open. She grins as she already know what she'll do. It's pretty predictable, some would say boring, but to her its still fun. When she reaches her room she throws herself on her bed, crashing with reckless abandon. She pats her leather keepsake, conveniently placed under her bed, and smiles.

“It's a perfectly lovely day for fun.”

---
This is a sort of apology for no updates. Although I might have used something like this later, depending. Anyways, writing the real update nowish.

>>14660
All your insuniations are disproven by the previous playthrough. I'm unbiased towards choices that affect the story (as in there's an equal chance for everyone in the beginning), despite having my own preferences.

>>14661
See PDA. There's your large ongoing hint. It's accessible at any time as well.

>>14655
But I always do enjoy writing. I just get blocked sometimes or temporarily turned off by some choices. This is still overall fun for me.
>> No. 14666
>>She pats her leather keepsake, conveniently placed under her bed

TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWI!
>> No. 14667
>>14665

Damnit, she still has our belt.
>> No. 14668
>She pats her leather keepsake, conveniently placed under her bed

Regret it now that you didn't vote for messing with her people.
>> No. 14669
>>14668
Not really, since Shirou doesn't know she lied about destroying it, and if we started trying to trick the trickster she could easily bring it out to mess with us some more. The best way to beat her at her game is to simply not play.
>> No. 14670
>>14669
Absolutely correct.
>> No. 14671
Oh, I would think we're still going to mess with her, just not right now since we don't have the time to properly let us enjoy Tewi being tricked.
>> No. 14672
You make her cringe as you tell her that you can't spend more time with her now. You find it funny that just calling her that produces its effects.

“Alright, I understand.” She shrugs. “I don't think Eirin would mind if I just borrowed you for a while, but if you insist.”
“Well, there's no need to be so glum, I'll try to come back soon.” Eirin might mind if you disappear suddenly. At the very least, she would use it as an excuse to plug you with more injections or something equally undesirable. “Besides. My idea might need a bit of thinking.”
“What about?”
“Well...” You lean in closer to whisper. You don't want to be overheard.
“Eh, that is quite an idea.”
“Don't like it?”
“Can't say that I do. I don't think I'm too comfortable messing around with people that have done nothing to me.”
“Well, she's done things with me.” You say as a reflex.
“I'm not saying that we can't. Just that I'm not very comfortable with it. I can still think up of a plan while you're gone if you like.”
“Then do you have any other suggestions?”
“Well, this was your idea. But we can deal with that later I suppose.”
“Right. I really should get going.” You get up, leaving your buddy behind.
“Wait up.” She stops you and gets up.
“What's wrong?”
“A lot of things. Like how you got me all excited and are just leaving now. How are you going to take responsibility for that?”
“I...umm...”
“You hadn't even thought about that, had you?” She's joking, right? The gleam of laughter in her eyes tells you as much, but her stern body language tells you otherwise; She's standing with arms akimbo.
“Well...”
“You're unbelievable. And you're supposed to be my friend.” She shifts into melodrama, placing one of her hands on her forehead and adopting a look of hopelessness. “Oh how the fates are cruel! My own blood brother, with whom my fate is intertwined, has forsaken me! Surely the gods' cruel twisting of destiny is to blame!” You can picture the lone light on the stage shining on the wretched princess.
“Am I supposed to break into a soliloquy as well?”
“Shh, you're ruining it.” She stands frozen in place for a few more moments, begging the heavens for mercy and redemption. “There's only one thing to do now...”
“Which is?”
“I'll be tagging along whether you like it or not.”
“That's it?” Not very punishing. “Fine with me. But I don't know how Eirin will react to it. The clinic seems busy today.”
“Ah, come now, there's no way she'll mind. I'll even help out if she wants.”
“Well, suit yourself.” You don't really mind either. It's sure to be a fun way to spend time.
“Yay!” Kaguya exclaims with almost childish glee.

Eirin really doesn't seem to mind. You're a bit late coming back, she doesn't say anything to you, instead thanking Kaguya for being so kind as to want to help her out. She's assigned to a nice and crushing job – taking payment for services rendered. You, on the other hand, have your roles expanded, not only shepherding patients in, but actually helping Eirin in examinations. It's 'bring this', 'carry that', 'hold this urine sample for an uncomfortably long amount of time'.

It's pretty exhausting work. And the patients seem to keep on coming. A radical departure from most days. As you clean up from a patient with a particularly messy cold, you ask Eirin if there's any reason for this.

“Reason? I guess there is.” She doesn't seem to enjoy the underlying reason very much. “The reason is that too many people take too much stock into what's written in 4th-rate pamphlets masquerading as respectable newspapers.”
“Huh?”
“There was a story about a new killer disease with ambiguously defined characteristics. So every person with an ache, sniffle, or minor bother overreacted and here they are.”
“And why don't you tell them the truth.”
“They wouldn't listen to me even if I told them. So the best thing is to just treat them and move on.” She sighs. “Look, try to move a bit faster, the sooner we're done with this, the better.”

You do try to move faster, picking up the pace throughout the afternoon. Encouraging words and passing talk with your buddy helps make the time seem to go faster. It's already late afternoon when the final patient goes away.

“Finally done.” You mutter.
“Let's go tell Eirin.” Kaguya gets up from her seat and slides into the office. You follow.
“Good work today.” Eirin praises Kaguya. “You made things faster.” She then looks towards you. “Shirou.” She nods once.
“So, is Shirou done here? We have plans pending.”
“Just one final thing and he'll be done for the day.” She smiles and looks at you. “I think you already know what it is.”

Yeah, the shot for today. You know what to do.

“Would you mind giving Shirou a little privacy? I think he would mind you seeing him exposed like this.” Eirin gets Kaguya out of the room. “Well then, drop them and lets do this.”

“Alright. I'm done.” You meet with Kaguya just outside the clinic. “Should we get going?”
“Did you thank Eirin?”
“What for?”
“For taking good care of you.”
“Huh?”
“If she didn't care about you, she wouldn't go through such lengths.”
“Are you talking about the shots?”
“In part. Being dense is only fine once in a while.” She starts walking. “But that's more food for thought than anything else. Let's go.”

You don't quite get what she meant by that but you follow.

“So did you come up with anything? I was too busy to think while helping out.” You didn't stop for a single moment.
“You still want to do that thing?”
“I suppose.”
“Well then. I can help you plan if you want, but I won't do anything beyond that.”
“Why not?”
“Both because she hasn't done anything to me and because she's like family.”
“I'm not suggesting murder or anything like that you know. Just a trap and a trick or something.”
“It's not about the specifics. It's the principle behind it.”
“So you would never trick me either? Because I'm a friend.”
“I don't think I need to make a conscious effort.” She grins. “You're pretty good at getting yourself tricked even when it's not meant to be a trick.”
“Hey – that's not nice.”
“The truth seldom is.” She laughs. “But come on, seriously now, there's better things to do.”
“Like?”
“Enjoying the fine things in life while sitting with a good friend watching the afternoon sunset.”
“Doesn't sound very exciting.”
“Well, if you want excitement I'm sure we can think of something suitable. There's no rush either.”
“Hmm...”

[] Insist on getting Tewi
[] Give up on the idea
>> No. 14673
[x] Give up on the idea
>> No. 14674
[] Give up on the idea
>> No. 14675
[x] Give up on the idea
Wasn't a good idea to begin with.
>> No. 14676
[x] Give up on the idea.

Spontaneous thought is discouraged here, Shirou. Please be more compliant.
>> No. 14677
[] Give up on the idea
>> No. 14678
[x] Insist on getting Tewi

Pussies. Man up and take up a real challenge. Especially after that interlude, how can you not want to go head to head against the trickster queen herself?
>> No. 14679
[x] Give up on the idea

Kaguya doesn't like it, so it's dropped. We going to get what's ours back later. For sure.
>> No. 14680
[x] Give up on the idea.
>> No. 14681
And because of that, we're backing out? What happened to the Shirou of last time where he was manly enough to take on a bar gauntlet? Take a stand for what we believe in!
>> No. 14682
>>14681

It's time to spend quality time with our buddy.
>> No. 14683
>how can you not want to go head to head against the trickster queen herself?

Because Kaguya is superior.
>> No. 14684
>>14681
>and because she's like family

Not smart to do it if she doesn't like it. Afterall we are going after something like a Kaguya Route.
The revenge can wait for later.
>> No. 14685
>>14678
We did a good enough job being sincere and ratting Tewi's behavior out to Eirin, getting her a forced check-up and medicated. When being nice ends up seeming like we played a trick ...

[x] Give up on the idea
>> No. 14686
[x] Give up on the idea

“Okay fine. I'll forget about it. I'd rather just spend time with you than doing things on my own.”
“Awwwww-!” Kaguya crashes into you mid-stride, in what you assume was an effort to be cute. “Now there's the kind of talk I wanted to hear!”
“Right. You know that every time that you do something like that, you hurt me?”
“That's adorable.” She squeezes your arm hard. “You shouldn't cover up how you feel by acting like you're bothered by me. I can see right through you~”
“...” But you were just saying the truth. “So, back to business then. What's the plan?”
“How about sitting down and watching the sunset while we think? The afternoon air is nice.”
“Fine.”

You end up sitting out by the back, where the festival was held. She chats you up about all sorts of inconsequential things. You let it go on just because it's fun to talk to her, even if you aren't really doing anything special. She's patient with you and finds your opinions on everything interesting. It's not very often that you get to discuss Maison Ikkoku.

The sun hangs low on the horizon, dramatic shadows as can only be seen just as the sun sets makes the bamboo forest look strangely unwelcoming.

“So, what do you feel like doing?” Kaguya poses the question.
“I don't mind really, as long as it's with you.”
“So you wouldn't mind if I wanted to go spelunking?”
“Feh. Like you would ever do something like that.” You can't see her doing anything close to hard work, let alone exploring a dark cave.
“You're right about that. But it hurts when you give me that sort of look.”
“What sort of look?”
“The one that was on your face before. It was practically screaming out 'Kaguya is useless as physical things'.” She shakes her head.
“Sorry then. I didn't really it was written all over my face. And well, I don't think I'm very good at that sort of stuff either.”
“Shallow words. But let's not go there. So you don't mind doing whatever as long as I'm there?”
“Sounds about right.”
“That's great, except I don't really have any idea about we could do.”
“Then I guess it's up to me.”
“Only because I don't really care either, as long as I'm with you.”

Heh. When she says that it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

[] “Let's just spend a quiet evening together maybe watching something or playing something”
[] “Let's go out to the village!”
[] “How about we invite people from here to party and have fun with us?”
>> No. 14687
[x] “How about we invite people from here to party and have fun with us?”

If Tewi really was planning on pulling a prank, it'd be safest to stay in with the people that you know.
>> No. 14688
[] “Let's just spend a quiet evening together maybe watching something or playing something”
>> No. 14689
[x] "Let's go spelunking. No, really."

A two person, backpack hike through the /underground/. At least two days.

Camping is the true test of how strong a relationship is.
>> No. 14690
[x] "Let's go spelunking. No, really."
[x] Check PDA

>“I don't mind really, as long as it's with you.”
What a pimp Shirou is. Seems like he is finally getting serious and maning up.
And check the PDA for the hints.
>> No. 14691
[X] “Let's just spend a quiet evening together maybe watching something or playing something”
[x] Check PDA when possible

>>“I don't mind really, as long as it's with you.”

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

>>“Only because I don't really care either, as long as I'm with you.”

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
>> No. 14692
>[] “Let's just spend a quiet evening together maybe watching something or playing something”

I can't help but imagine Shirou saying this with a lilt in his voice and a limp wrist.
>> No. 14693
[X] “Let's go out to the village!”
[X] Go catch up with people at the village, show Kaguya around if she's unfamiliar with it, and we can gather up supplies for SPELUNKING!
[X] Check PDA
>> No. 14694
[x] "Let's go spelunking. No, really. I've always wanted to."
[x] Check PDA
>> No. 14695
No needle time
No rabbits
No arch-nemeses
Only Guya-Guya
Final Destination
>> No. 14698
[x] "Let's go spelunking. No, really. I've always wanted to."
[x] Check PDA
>> No. 14699
[Z] “Let's go out to the village!”
[Z] Check PDA
>> No. 14702
[X] “Let's just spend a quiet evening together maybe watching something or playing something”
[X] Check PDA
>> No. 14705
“Hey, could you give me a minute?” You take the PDA out of your pocket.
“Sure, why?”
“Oh, it's nothing much. I just remembered that I needed to check something real quick.”
“...Why do you even need one of those?” She raises a vaild point.
“To organize... and stuff. Maybe.” You give a look that says 'I don't really know'. “Look, it was free, okay?”
“Right, right. Take your time.”

With her approval, you quickly check the PDA. You resist the temptation to check if this thing has a guide to local points of interest – to see if there are any cool caves nearby. Likewise it's not really the time or place to look up stuff or play games. It's that strange Java application that you check out. Unlike last time, there's no update screen and, except for the results, it looks the same.

|-| IMPORTANT.JAR SP1

#RESULTS ARE CALCULATED REALTIME AND SUBJECT TO THE YAKCORP LISCENCE

▀ ▀◄ [xxxxxxxxxxxx----] (there is a grey checkbox here, as well as an image of a small bird. The whole line is highlighted in silver.)
♥▬◙ [xxxxxxxxxxxxxx--] (there is a grey checkbox here, as well as an image of a bottle. The whole line is highlighted in gold.)
☻☼▐ [xxxxxxx---------] (there is a grey checkbox here, as well as an image of a crescent moon. The whole line and checkbox is faded out and hard to see.)
◊●◘ [xxxxxxxxx-------] (there is a grey checkbox here, as well as an image of a red circle. The bottle symbol from above is repeated afterwards and is blinking red. A question mark follows.)
╗∟♣ [xxxxxxx-------] (there is a grey checkbox here, as well as an image of a small circle that looks like the sun. The whole line and checkbox is faded out and hard to see.)
∏ [xxxxxxxxxxxx----] (there is a grey checkbox here, as well as an image of a what's either a lillypad or a leaf of sorts. The whole line is highlighted in silver)
▬┼∫ [////////////////] (there is a red 'x' here, as well as an image of a triangle)
(there's something else here, three more 'bars' like above, except they're as warped as the corrupt text above)

T = Un ± 7d (Oh, there's a new line here. You hadn't noticed it at first glance. It's a simple equation with no obvious meaning or results)

#CHECK REGULARLY FOR STANDING
#Note Yakcorp is not responsible for any damages caused by misinterpretations of the above figures. See EULA for more details.
|-|

--
Update to follow.

Please note that, if possible, specify what you want to do on the PDA when you vote. Or if you just want to explore any additional features. I mean, in this context this is kind of obvious, but there's the off chance that you meant to look something up as well or see anything new.
>> No. 14706
>>(there is a grey checkbox here, as well as an image of a small circle that looks like the sun. The whole line and checkbox is faded out and hard to see.)
Fudge.
>> No. 14708
File 123748231043.jpg- (476.05KB , 1050x1500 , shock.jpg ) [iqdb]
14708
>>small bird
>>highlighted in silver
Um, okay.

>>lillypad or a leaf of sorts
>>highlighted in silver
Not too surprising, I guess.

>>bottle
>>highlighted in gold
Kinda is surprising, but not.

>>red circle
>>The bottle symbol from above is repeated afterwards and is blinking red. A question mark follows.
What.

>>small circle that looks like the sun
>>faded out and hard to see.
WHAT.

>>crescent moon.
>>The whole line and checkbox is faded out and hard to see.)
WHAT.

>>T = Un ± 7d
WHA-...wait, what is this I don't even
>> No. 14709
>>14708
I can't figure out shit from that
>> No. 14711
>>14708

I'd rather we trust the actions and words of those around us to tell us how far we're progressing with characters than to rely on astrology charts.

Eirin has been treaing Shirou in an increasingly curt and demeaning manner.
Kaguya has been more possessive and prone to displays of affection as a result of Eirin monopolizing your time.

You should be able to solve this.
>> No. 14713
>>Eirin has been treaing Shirou in an increasingly curt and demeaning manner.

So, basically, she's been acting like Eirin.
Though, really, I don't see what was curt or demeaning about her behavior when she brought us along for her archery session. Not only did she, in her own way, open up and show a side of herself she usually did not, but she also bonded with us by sharing her hobby.

I suppose you could say there was something odd about the whole "sleepover" and all, but considering she basically KNOWS we had basically peeped on her once (albeit, unintentionally and at Tewi's urging) she still trusted us enough to sleep in the same room as us, as well as having us assist in the clinic.
And about the clinic duty, if you're dealing with sick people you can expect things to get potentially unpleasant. Handling cups of urine or cleaning up puddles of sick are par for the course.
>> No. 14714
Errr what?? Honestly, I have no idea what the heck any of that means. This is far too confusing.
>> No. 14715
So, we're somehow at a semi-good standing with Mokou and Tewi for some reason, possibly REALLY good standing with Eirin,
Reisen...is strange. Assuming the question mark is supposed to be a question mark, then it seems to be suggesting either our standing with her is connected with Eirin's somehow (possibly due to the clinic duty and showing concern for her and whatnot), or it's BECAUSE of Eirin (or rather, something Eirin did). Or, it could be hinting at a moon-doctor and bunny combo, which is fine, too. But probably unlikely.

That what I'm assuming is Kaguya's symbol is in the same fading state as the far-more neglected Keine's (again, assumed) is very troubling, though, especially after that blinking red thing from before.

And that equation has about as much meaning to me as anything else I could read at random from an algebra texbook, which is to say, none.
I have a bad feeling...
>> No. 14716
>Not only did she, in her own way, open up and show a side of herself she usually did not, but she also bonded with us by sharing her hobby.

Yes, I'm sure this is the budding start of a loving, healthy relationship.

>You were told to follow her to her room after the last exchange. She either ignored your last comment or really didn't care what you had to say; All she did was nod and beckon you to follow her with no regards to what you might have been thinking or feeling.

>You're rushed through your morning routine. She practically barges into the bathroom to make sure you're doing things as quickly as possible. She even gives you a cracker, you breakfast, on the go.

>“Ah, you're still being nice and useful to her? How kind of you.”
>“I guess I would have to be kind to put up with the things she makes me do.”

>You're a bit late coming back, she doesn't say anything to you, instead thanking Kaguya for being so kind as to want to help her out. She's assigned to a nice and crushing job – taking payment for services rendered. You, on the other hand, have your roles expanded, not only shepherding patients in, but actually helping Eirin in examinations. It's 'bring this', 'carry that', 'hold this urine sample for an uncomfortably long amount of time'.

>“Good work today.” Eirin praises Kaguya. “You made things faster.” She then looks towards you. “Shirou.” She nods once.
>“So, is Shirou done here? We have plans pending.”
>“Just one final thing and he'll be done for the day.” She smiles and looks at you. “I think you already know what it is.”
>> No. 14717
Sorry about the delay, taking it easy to counterbalance shitty day. I do plan full force for a while after I unwind. So, uh update in an hour or two?
>> No. 14718
I think our biggest concern with the PDA, beyond its general nonsensicality, is that we don't know what kind of reflexive effect it has on our daily life.

As far as being nonsensical, there's no other word for its presentation and I'm not sure who will disagree with me on that. There are two lines that are silvered; one that is gold and is being shared with a "normal" symbol, and the others are faded. Can we check if there is an SP2 available for it or is would that just add Cuneiform font support?

On the other hand, is it interactive or are these symbols merely representative of things going on. For example, was that really a checkable checkbox or just something that looked like a checkbox, really just more broken ASCII? If we had marked it, would something have happened or become available?

... can anyone else see it besides Shirou?
>> No. 14721
File 123752017944.jpg- (189.41KB , 480x600 , nkd.jpg ) [iqdb]
14721
You put the PDA away.

“Alright. I'm good to go.”
“Glad to hear it.” Kaguya looks at you expectantly.
“What?”
“Come on. What are we going to do? You decided on something right?”
“Indeed I have.” You beam.
“So? Out with it already.”
“I've decided that we should go spelunking.”
“Huh?” Kaguya is speechless. It takes her a few moments to whisper, “That was a joke...”
“It doesn't matter if it was a joke or not. It's a great chance for the two of us to spend quality time together. Think about it – two partners braving the unknown, discovering secrets that lie dormant beneath the earth. Pretty cool, huh?”
“Did you whack your head or something today? That's the most impulsive thing ever.”
“So what? It's a pretty darn good idea. Come on, let's go to the village, we can pick up supplies there.” You do the leading, tugging on a hesitant Kaguya's arms.
“Wait up.” She stops you. “Okay. Let's just assume that it's not a terrible idea to begin with and see the pros and cons of it.”
“Alright.” You look at the sky. “But hurry up, I don't think that stores will be open for much longer now.”
“Just follow my train of thought here. First up, have you ever done this before. Or read up on it?”
“Um, no. Not really. But it can't be very hard now can it? Just a couple of torches, helmets, ropes, and we're good.”
“Let's just stick to fact and not conjecture. Next up, do you know the location of a cave where we could do this?”
“No, but we could ask around!”
“So another negative.” She's sucking out your enthusiasm. “What if there are injuries, do you have any medical knowledge?”
“I can tie a bandage, I suppose.” Anyone can do that. “I don't think I could deal with anything more complicated than a simple fracture though.”
“So medical knowledge is rudimentary. I confess I know nothing either. So that means that injuries are at best shrugged off and at worst definitely fatal or permanent.”
“Can we uh, focus on the pros now? I've got a bunch.”
“No, not right now. Let's finish with the negatives first.” She raises up four fingers on her left hand. “So, I forgot about this one. But are you honestly in shape to do any serious physical work? I hate to admit it, but I'm not very athletic.”
“No, not really. I'm about average I think. But we don't have to push ourselves, you know.”
“Okay. Five. Let's see... what if we get lost, how are we going to escape by ourselves from some dank, dark, hole in the earth?”
“We can tell others were we're going. And tell them to come look for us if we disappear or something.” You sigh. “But enough of that. Let's concentrate on the positives; We'll be together for a while, uninterrupted. It'll be a great chance to be ourselves with no external pressures.”
“I can already do that here. I have an understanding with other people.”
“Yeah, but I don't.”
“That's not true. People here won't bother you if you don't want them to. We've spent plenty of time in the last two weeks goofing off.”
“It's just not the same thing though. This is an adventure with my good buddy, what's more awesome than that?”
“Look,” She softens her voice, “I can see where you're coming from – and it's sort of sweet and thoughtful, it really is- but truth be told, I just don't see this ending well for us. Exploring caves isn't like a nice walk in the park.”
“So.. that's a no then?” You're a bit disappointed. Sure, it was an impulsive idea, but you thought that spending time with her like that might be fun.
“...It's not really a no.” She looks away from you. “We can go see the equipment if you want. After all, you do seem to be quite fired up about it. And I wouldn't want to shatter your hopes like that.” She crosses her arms. And faces you again. “Don't get me wrong though, I'm personally hoping that once you'll see what we need you'll be discouraged. And we can just go back to doing more normal stuff.”
>> No. 14722
You're slightly optimistic at Kaguya's declaration. She claims to need to do something really quickly before going out, and tells you to wait by the door. She's gone for ten minutes, but after that you walk together to the village. The sun has already set and the path is slightly hard to see. It's a new moon tonight, so there's not much in the way of natural illumination. Kaguya sticks close to you, occasionally bumping into you by accident.

Once there, you're dismayed at the (now) obvious. Stores have closed; the villagers are done for the day. There's only a few people out and about, mostly children returning home and the final few shopkeepers going to drink at the local tavern.

“I guess we were too late today.” You let out a sigh.
“That's okay. At least I got to come here.” Kaguya pats your shoulder from behind. “I'd never gotten a chance to see the village before.”
“Huh? Really?”
“Yup. This is my first time.”
“Well, I guess that's a plus. But I can't believe that you've never come here before. Is there any particular reason?”
“Ah no, not really. Just had no business here. You know me, I'm fine cloistered away at Eientei.”
“Well, let's make the most of it then. I'll show you around if you don't mind.”
“Oh, that'd be lovely.”
“Just bear in mind that I'm no native either, I've just been here a handful of times.”
“It doesn't matter – I told you before, I'm happy as long as we spend time together.”

The tour isn't very protracted or complicated. You just show her what little you know, pointing out the various points of interest that you know of. There's not much to be seen in the dark anyways. The few lamps and torches here and there aren't enough to show the exact configuration of the village. There's the village square, the market (now deserted save for a few stray cats up and about), the schoolhouse, and the fields. There's not much else that you know of here. You think you bore her. But, you don't know if it's just her being kind, she seems to enjoy the tour, nodding to your explanations and smiling.

You don't run into any villagers. But, not to be paranoid or anything, you could swear that there's someone following you. You try to look around furtively, but at best you see an ambiguous shadow that could just be an optical illusion created by the dim lighting. You don't really think much of it, because Kaguya doesn't seem to notice anything. And well, you reach the end of the tour with no incident.

“So that's about it. Sorry I can't really show you more.”
“That's okay Shirou. I appreciate it. I got to see something new, and that alone was good enough.”
“Should we turn back now?”
“Maybe. I don't see why we would have to though.” She leans in closer. “We are basically alone out here, with no one to bother us. I can't see why we can't just do whatever we feel like.”
“What are you suggesting?” You raise an eyebrow.
“I'm not entirely sure myself. It just feels like we might not get a chance anytime soon to be this free.” She stands on her tiptoes, staring at your face from up close. You can feel her soft breathing on you now. “I'll just leave it to you again. We can't go spelunking, but I'm sure that you can think up of something good to do now.” Her lips open slightly, forming a devious smile. “Like I said, I'll entrust it to you.”

[] Suggest going to the tavern for drink
[] Drop in to visit Keine
[] Just go back home
[] Other/Write-in

---
I don't think anon should worry too much about the PDA. It's there as a hint of overall progress and of things to come. You can get a much better idea of how relationships are progressing from simple interaction. I'd like to add that while there is a correlation between routes and affection, it's not the only factor at work. Nor do certain routes exclude the possiblity of other romantic attachments.

Yeah, I know that's vague. But the PDA is supposed to be an extra not the sole barometer. The pattern to it is painfully simple really, and I suspect that once people figure it out to kick themselves for not thinking of it. That said, I don't really expect anon to crack all of the symbols right now. Some of them are complicated. It might all make much more sense mid-towards-the-end-of a route.
>> No. 14724
>It's a new moon tonight, so there's not much in the way of natural illumination.

[x] Find an empty field/clearing and stargaze.
>> No. 14725
[!/] Visit the Scarlet Lake.

Fish, for SEA INABA'S.
>> No. 14726
[x] Find an empty field/clearing and stargaze.

How wonderfully elegant.
>> No. 14727
[x] Find an empty field/clearing and stargaze.
>> No. 14728
[X] Find an empty field/clearing and stargaze.

Huh. Not bad.

>>Yes, I'm sure this is the budding start of a loving, healthy relationship.
You're talking about a centuries-old alien genius with a fondness for shady drugs and bizarre medical procedures, here. For her, that's probably as close to "loving" and "healthy" as you can hope to get.
>> No. 14729
[X] Drop in to visit Keine

I think spending some time with Keine would be nice, if she's not the kind to tuck into bed as soon as the sun sets.

Perhaps, since spelunking isn't working out that well, we could try just visiting other parts of Gensokyo? Visit the Hakurei shrine (she's been there, of course), or the Moriya shrine (do we know about it?), or... well, anything, really. Or maybe even the human village when it's daytime.
>> No. 14731
[x] Find an empty field/clearing and stargaze.
>> No. 14733
File 123753324382.jpg- (103.87KB , 640x764 , erw.jpg ) [iqdb]
14733
Ooh~ I like the write-in vote. I'll write after I get some shuteye. In the meanwhile have some uh, Eirin.
>> No. 14737
[x] Find an empty field/clearing and stargaze.

Let's hope that Shirou can find one
>> No. 14740
>>14733
stupid sexy Eirin.
>> No. 14742
File 123761237824.jpg- (182.82KB , 556x600 , maybe if she were wearing shoes.jpg ) [iqdb]
14742
“Alright I've got an idea, follow me.” It's an idea as simple as it is practical. The village is surrounded by uncultivated fields (fallow so the soil can rest you assume). The field you pick is on the southwestern tip of the village. It's flanked by road and hill. The gentle slope on the hill makes it a pretty good spot to lie down and watch the stars. Kaguya has been following you closely, her arm wrapped around your own. The many potholes along the road are almost invisible at night, so you've tried your best at not to stumble accidentally. You find a nice spot on the hill, in between the tall blades of grass. The ground is dry and hard, so you shouldn't get your clothes very dirty. “This looks like an okay spot.”
“For what exactly?” Kaguya looks at the spot vacantly, even after you sit down.
“To look at the stars. It's a good idea right?”
“Oh you.” There's a playful chuckle from her. “We can do this at home.”
“But you've got to admit, there's something special about laying in a field looking up at the stars.”
“It certainly is a nice cliché, I'll admit.” She sits down besides you. “And I've never gotten a chance to do it before either.”
“There you go. That's reason enough to enjoy this.”

The night sky is full of speckles of light. The new moon seems to peer from a lonely corner of the heavens; this night is dominated by countless far-off suns. You recognize parts of the most obvious constellations. Beyond that, though, you're pretty useless. Still, there's no need to be an expert to enjoy the intricate tapestry above you. There's a prevailing silence as both of you stare at the sea of stars.

“No matter how many times I see it, the night sky is beautiful.” Kaguya breaks the silence. “To think that in every direction there are countless stars, many of them with other planets and moons.”
“It's humbling.”
“Just a little. You know, Eirin told me that there are stars everywhere, we just can't see them all because they're too far away.”
“I've heard that.” You recall your school life. “Their light hasn't reached us yet”
“Say, can you identify any constellations?”
“Only some.” You point at the an obvious one. “There's Orion.” You scan the sky for anything else. Wait, that can't be right. “And apparently that's the Southern Cross?!” It's a easily identifiable constellation, but you doubt your assessment.
“You sound surprised. What's wrong with those stars over there?”
“Well... It's just that they shouldn't be visible over here. We are in the Northern Hemisphere, right?”
“Um, I don't know about that. I've never bothered to ask Eirin about things like that. I just know a few things about stars. Eirin is usually kind enough to point out constellations when we're outside.”
“That's okay. It's not a big deal. It's just a small thing anyways. I'm sure an amateur like me is just mixing up things.”

You stay silent for a while after that. Off to the distance, voices, carried by a breeze seem to come from the direction of the village. The grass rustles softly and the occasional warble of a nocturnal bird is a reminder that you're in the middle of nature. It's a bit chilly tonight. And you don't have a coat on. Well, it's not unbearable or anything. Just mildly uncomfortable. On the other hand, the chill is making you feel more alive than ever, you can clearly feel your heart pumping and are aware of every breath that you're taking. The cold earth below feels strange to your hands. You let your hands wander, feeling the texture of soil, rocks, and grass.

“Hey Shirou?”Kaguya's soft voice rouses you from your self-aware mood. You look at her in the dark. Your eyes are accustomed at the lack of light and you can see where her face quite clearly. “Sorry to bother you if you were concentrated. But, there's something that I've been wondering for a while...”
“I wasn't thinking about anything too important. So don't worry. Go ahead and ask whatever it is you want.”
“Well... it's a bit silly...” She hesitates for a moment. “But, well, are you feeling homesick?”
“Homesick? Me?” That's not something you had though about. Your life before coming here feels like it happened an eternity ago. Too long to even think about missing it. “No, never even thought about home until now. Did I do something that made seem like I was homesick?”
“No, not really. But I thought that just maybe you might be.” She hesitates again. You can't tell because of the shadow, but something tells you that she's genuinely concerned. “Do you regret coming here then? I never did give you a choice in the matter, did I?”
“I-” live my life with no regrets[/i[, you want to say, but decide against acting cool. “I've never regretted coming here for a moment. So you really shouldn't worry about it.” You move your face closer to make sure she can see your smile. “I have free food, a room, a warm bath. Plus there's a whole bunch of interesting people around. Even if I sometimes I have to do things I don't feel like, it's worth it.”
“That's a relief.”
“Wait, you haven't let me finish.” You roll onto your back, placing your hands on your head. “Plus, best of all, I'm extraordinarily lucky to be able to spend so my time with my [i]bwestest bwuddy
.” If you hadn't been lying down you know that Kaguya would have laughed at how you're cringing.
“... that's really nice of you to say.” You feel warmer as Kaguya presses up against you, placing her head on your chest. “I would have hated myself if you thought things were horrible here.”
“I would have let you know. Probably.” Well, maybe as an act of solidarity you would have kept your feelings to yourself. “Is there anything that made you start thinking about this though? I know I can be a bit weird, but you can trust me to be honest.”
“It wasn't anything you did really. I don't really know myself why I started thinking of these things. Normally I'm more of a happy-go-lucky sort of person. I should probably get more sleep.”
“It probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Just sleep in tomorrow.”
“Maybe. If I feel like it.”
“Ask Eirin for something to relax you if you can't sleep.” If you asked her, she'd probably want something in return, but Kaguya is definitely an exception.
“I'd rather not bother Eirin about it. It's nothing that major to begin with.”
“Well, if you need me for anything, then I'd be glad to help. So don't hesitate to ask.”
“Would you want me to ask even if it's something you can't really do anything about?”
“I'm sure that I'll always be able to do something. At the very least make you feel better by sharing.”
“Hm, I wonder...” She sighs. “There's a lot of things, in my experience, that no one can do anything about. The passage of time might make things slightly better, but the problem never truly goes away.”
“This isn't like you. Are you sure there's nothing wrong?” Something about her words strike you. You feel like she's talking about something that you know about too.
“I'm pretty sure I'm alright. Sorry. It's just that at this time at night I get these weird thoughts. Don't worry about it. I'll forget about it in a moment.” She raises a hand to point at the sky. A trail of light streaks across the cosmos quickly. “Look, there's a shooting star over there. Make a wish.”

There's only one thing that you can think of in a brief instant.

“So what did you wish for?” You ask Kaguya.
“That's a secret. You?”
“I guess it's a secret as well.”
“Fair enough.” She laughs, shaking your body in the process.

The breeze picks up a bit, making the grass in front of you sway violently. It stops completely after that, making the night seem completely dead. Kaguya's warm presence is the only thing that makes you feel truly alive while gazing at the jeweled sky.

[] Write-in
[] Continue to gaze at the stars (skip to next)
>> No. 14743
[x] Continue to gaze at the stars (skip to next)
>> No. 14744
[x] "Are you cold?"
[x] If no, grasp her hand; is her palm cold?
- [x] If yes, call her a liar; keeping holding her hand.
- [x] If no, tell her that you are; keep holding her hand.
[x] If yes, grasp her hand; is her palm cold?
- [x] If no, call her a liar; keeping holding her hand.
- [x] If yes, tell her that you are; keep holding her hand.

This looks more complex than it is, but the subtle notions here may tell us how open she's being with her affections.
>> No. 14745
[x] Continue to gaze at the stars (skip to next)

There is nothing that I could write down that wouldn't feel a bit ham-handed. Let's just enjoy the moment.
>> No. 14746
[X] Continue to gaze at the stars (skip to next)

Though it feels like we should say or do SOMETHING, I have no clue what, so this will do for now.
>> No. 14747
[X] Continue to gaze at the stars (skip to next)
>> No. 14748
>>14744[x] "Are you cold?"
[x] If no, grasp her hand; is her palm cold?
- [x] If yes, call her a liar; keeping holding her hand.
- [x] If no, tell her that you are; keep holding her hand.
[x] If yes, grasp her hand; is her palm cold?
- [x] If no, call her a liar; keeping holding her hand.
- [x] If yes, tell her that you are; keep holding her hand.

I find this all together so cliche, but it's reasonable enough.
>> No. 14749
[x] Declare your undying love for Kaguya.
>> No. 14750
>>14749
way too early
>> No. 14751
[x] If no, grasp her hand; is her palm cold?
- [x] If yes, call her a liar; keeping holding her hand.
- [x] If no, tell her that you are; keep holding her hand.
[x] If yes, grasp her hand; is her palm cold?
- [x] If no, call her a liar; keeping holding her hand.
- [x] If yes, tell her that you are; keep holding her hand.
>> No. 14752
[X] Continue to gaze at the stars (skip to next)
>> No. 14753
[x] "Are you cold?"
[x] If no, grasp her hand; is her palm cold?
- [x] If yes, call her a liar; keeping holding her hand.
- [x] If no, tell her that you are; keep holding her hand.
[x] If yes, grasp her hand; is her palm cold?
- [x] If no, call her a liar; keeping holding her hand.
- [x] If yes, tell her that you are; keep holding her hand.
>> No. 14754
[x] If no, grasp her hand; is her palm cold?
- [x] If yes, call her a liar; keeping holding her hand.
- [x] If no, tell her that you are; keep holding her hand.
[x] If yes, grasp her hand; is her palm cold?
- [x] If no, call her a liar; keeping holding her hand.
- [x] If yes, tell her that you are; keep holding her hand.
>> No. 14756
[x] If no, grasp her hand; is her palm cold?
- [x] If yes, call her a liar; keeping holding her hand.
- [x] If no, tell her that you are; keep holding her hand.
[x] If yes, grasp her hand; is her palm cold?
- [x] If no, call her a liar; keeping holding her hand.
- [x] If yes, tell her that you are; keep holding her hand.

FUCK YEAH GENERIC ROMANCE FARE
>> No. 14758
>FUCK YEAH GENERIC ROMANCE FARE

Agreed, but it can be subverted by Shirou becoming oblivious to Kaguya's reaction to said the action(s).
>> No. 14761
>>Agreed, but it can be subverted by Shirou becoming oblivious to Kaguya's reaction to said the action(s).
No, that's still rather GENERIC ROMANCE FARE.
>> No. 14763
>>14748
Oh god. this is so corny and cheese ball. I almost can't bear to watch
>> No. 14764
>>14763
yes. Shirou is going to mess up
>> No. 14767
[X] Continue to gaze at the stars (skip to next)
>> No. 14768
File 123777896232.jpg- (78.39KB , 499x650 , eebfe2ef4aeda6d845ad55e57db191c5.jpg ) [iqdb]
14768
>>14767

Teruyo :_;
>> No. 14769
Why have you forsaken us Teruyo?
>> No. 14770
Forgive me, I've been busy with real life things. Had to finish an important project. Right now I'm drinking a nice soothing bit of brandy while trying to forget about all that. I won't make concrete promises but if I don't uttery collapse from fatigue I'll have an update very soon.

Oh, and I hope anon knows that they really made me cringe with the write-in. But that's not related to me not writing.
>> No. 14771
>>14770

That confirms it. This will turn out very badly.
>> No. 14772
>>14770

Those write-ins must have come from anons that read too many trashy romance novels, etc.

Oh well, can't to shit against the will of the collective.
>> No. 14773
>>14770
It is always related! Come, create that update from the depths of your evil mind.
But make it Shirou style.
>> No. 14774
I really hope we get railroad'd.
>> No. 14775
So, since the excruciating vote has already been called, who here thinks Mokou is stalking us?
>> No. 14776
File 123778660668.jpg- (91.89KB , 750x500 , 62303edff4207cb21aacc292732d8135.jpg ) [iqdb]
14776
I'm not sure if I voted or not, but it's alright. As cringe-worth that write-in is, I suppose it doesn't entirely matter which one wins or not. Any move we try to make will either find us eventually slamming into the impenetrable Friend Zone barrier, or we'll be unceremoniously interrupted before anything remotely good happens.

Don't you remember, Anon? That strange feeling we had that we were being followed? They could be there right now. Watching. Waiting. Until the exact moment comes when both of our guards are down, and we're suddenly dragged off into the darkness...
>> No. 14777
>>14775

I also think Mokou is stalking, but only because I'm the paranoid type. Plus, I'd like to see Mokou and Kaguya end up fighting again.
>> No. 14778
Don't be silly anon, why would Mokou be stalking us? Mokou, our friend. Mokou, the playful and sometimes childish. Mokou, the one who can't forget a 1000 year old slight. That Mokou?

No. She most definitely wouldn't be sneaking around, having spotted Shirou and her comrade-in-eternity by chance while running a simple errand for Keine. She wouldn't be darting from corner to corner, sleuthing when necessary, hiding amongst the shadows. Not that Mokou. She wouldn't spy on you as you got merrier with Kaguya, your body language causing clear and direct messages to be interpreted by onlookers. Nor would she bite her lips as she strained her ears, hoping to catch a word of what is being said.

And most definitely would she not even pause for a moment, in a strange foreboding kind of anticipation, as Kaguya gets mere centimeters to your face. Her heart wouldn't beat any faster, her gut wouldn't bubble. She wouldn't keep a low profile, stalking the couple as they make their way into the fields. Nor would she conjure up a thousand and one possibilities as to what they were going to do together in the dark, right there, within her view.

Sure, she would be strangely relieved when she saw you stargazing – that is if she were hiding amongst the tall grass, fighting to control her erratic breathing. But as the evening wore on, and the wind blew. She'd get cold. And be reminded at the intimacy displayed right in front of her. How those two seem to come together, snuggling up close. And how she wish she had a way in. If only Kaguya weren't there. 'No.' She'd think. It's not about her. Nor is it about him. She would bury her uncertain emotions, enviously looking upon the unfolding spectacle – wishing to be held and caressed. She was just as soft as that Moon Princess, she could prove it. In many ways she was sure she was better.

Her mind would go into a fantasy world, carrying her to alternate scenarios where she was the center of attention – being gently loved as these two lovers seemed to do. The growing cold would snap her out of it; new emotions coming forth. Jealously, envy, hatred? Perhaps. Perhaps these would turn into obsession, fueling lust. A lust that can only be satiated by absolute possession. Yes – that which is right in front of her she could take for herself. Who would stop her? Surely none were as determined and hardy as she!

...and with bold moves she'd emerge from the grass, ready to reclaim what was rightfully hers.

That is, of course, if she were even there.
>> No. 14779
You know, Teruyo, I'd almost not believe that, if it weren't for the whole bit where Mokou watched Alice and Shirou getting it on in the last playthrough.

I'd wonder where that girl picked up such voyeuristic tendencies, but I suppose after living as long as she has, there are worse habits to pick up than that.
>> No. 14782
>...and with bold moves she'd emerge from the grass, ready to reclaim what was rightfully hers.

<b>FIIIIIGGHT!!!</b>
>> No. 14792
>>14770
You said there would be updates...
>> No. 14793
Mokou route next playthrough or bust.
>> No. 14794
>>14792
>aforlornneet.jpg
>> No. 14795
File 123786230325.jpg- (682.37KB , 787x1260 , 1237854873276.jpg ) [iqdb]
14795
>>14792
If I didn't collapse, which I shortly did after >>14778

Anyways, writing now come hell or high water. One of the next choices may or may not be "[x] Have sex with Kaguya and Eirin while Mokou forcibly watches" (It technically IS possible to have as a choice, but uh, well, we'll see how the evening goes.)

So expect something soon.
>> No. 14796
File 123786275825.jpg- (329.15KB , 1019x1508 , IMG_0018.jpg ) [iqdb]
14796
>>14795

I would much prefer a John Madden style comments by Shirou, with Guest Commentator Eirin. For the play by play of Kaguya on Mokou.
>> No. 14797
>>14796

Gonna also need a touch screen screen shot for that to happen.
>> No. 14799
File 123786638582.png- (427.78KB , 575x625 , knlm.png ) [iqdb]
14799
The evening has gotten quite cool, making Kaguya's warmth all the more noticeable. It's probably not a good idea to stay out for too long, lest you catch a cold. You also don't want Kaguya to get sick, you'd feel bad since you're the one that brought her all this way.

“Are you cold?” Her dress doesn't look very thick either.
“Not really.” Kaguya raises her head slightly. “I'm keeping warm like this.”
“Ah.” There's no real rush to leave then. Well, your other exposed side is a bit cold. But it's not that bad either. You cross over your arm, your hand seeking out hers. “I'm a bit cold.” Your hand grasps her slender fingers. “See?”

Kaguya goes silent for a moment, and you worry. You're not sure what she's thinking. You gulp, barely muffling the sound of your accelerated heart. Kaguya takes a deep breath, and holds the air. She exhales and then cracks into laughter. Her whole body trembles, and you feel every vibration tickling you all over.

“Huh? What's wrong?” You ask, dumbfounded.
“It's just-” She has to take another deep breath to just be able to talk. You wait as she composes herself. She sits up, separating from you and lets go of your hand. She chuckles, her face smiling in the dark. “You're really precious, you know that? I don't there are many friends like you around in the world.”
“I, uhh... am honored that you think so?” You sit up, frowning. You don't get why she's laughing. At all.
“If I ever got upset with you, I don't think I could stay angry. You're just too adorable.”
“I'm your friend, not a cute puppy.” You puff your cheeks.
“Well, if you were a puppy you'd make a mess wherever you went and always want to play.” She jokes. She pokes your cheeks, making you deflate them. “Aw, don't be like that.”
“We were having a nice moment together.” You sulk.
“We still are.” She nudges you sideways with her palm.
“I'm not that sure.”
“Lighten up. How was I supposed to react? I'm only human, you know. I can't help finding the things I find cute, cute.”
“So just what was it that yo found cute?” You ask, feigning disinterest.
“Well, you said you were cold right? And then you grabbed my hand.”
“So what? That's pretty normal, right?”
“It would normally be. But your palm was completely warm. And sweaty.”
“...” It didn't feel sweaty.
“Well, I found it funny at least. No need to take it so personally.”
“That's silly.”
“No, you're silly.” She nudges you some more with her hand. “Which is why I laughed. Give it up and move on.”

You have to give up. You know that. But you savor this. For even feeling embarrassed is just fine when you're with Kaguya. In the end, you can just laugh it off. And joke about it some time later. That's the great thing about having a good friend like her. And you're sure that you'll get her back someday as well. It's almost guaranteed. That's the beauty of friendship.

It's way past midnight when you go back to Eientei. Still enjoying your time together, it takes many “I really should be going to be now” before one of you actually has enough willpower to leave the other. Oh, and you totally woke everyone up with your loud talking in the hallways. Probably. But they're good sports, and understand. Again, probably. You just hope that they don't plan on taking revenge. Seeing how Kaguya is well loved, you're the one that usually gets egged.

You go to bed, feeling merry, and with the image of the vast cosmos still etched into your mind.

---
Halfdate, just because I can. Rest to come soon.
>> No. 14800
>>14799
>“If I ever got upset with you, I don't think I could stay angry. You're just too adorable.”
This turned out better than i thought. Kaguya is just loveable.
>> No. 14801
It's been a couple of days since then.

You're holding your breath in a storage closet, your heart beating like crazy. Damn heart. It's being too loud. She'll hear it from all the way out there. And then you know what'll happen. She'll be merciless and give you no quarter. What's more, you hear footsteps going down the hallway, soon to pass in front of this very closet. You can't hold your breath anymore, your lungs are screaming for oxygen.

You gasp for air. You try to be quiet, but every slight movement you make shakes every single item in here, creating loud give-aways. Even if you get everything under control in mere instances, it's not enough. You hold your breath again, as you realize that the footsteps have stopped right in front of where you're hiding. They're listening in on you. Dammit heart, be quiet. There's a sigh on the other side. The door begins to slide open.

Sorry Kaguya... looks like you won't be making out of this one in one piece. Light blinds you as you stumble out of the closet and onto the floor.

“Look, you found me. I give up okay? I'm sorry. I didn't know that was your cookie Tewi. I wouldn't have eaten it otherwise. Please understand. Be merciful. I really didn't mean it!” You plead your captor for leniency.
“My, it sure looks like you live a full and exciting life. I really didn't expect to find you inside a closet.”
“Huh?” You look up, your eyes now adjusted to the light. “Eirin?”
“That's right.” She smiles down on you. “It looks like you can be on the run for your crimes for a while longer.”
“I don't want to run.” You dust yourself off and get up. “I have no other choice. I really don't want to end up being mobbed by vicious rabbits. They're fluffy but know how to hurt a guy.”
“Quite.” Eirin moves with her feet a few loose items back into the closet before closing the door. “In that case, how would you like to get away from here for a while? It'll guarantee that you'll be safe from the rabbits.”
“Eh?”
“I've got something that needs to be delivered. And you're just the person to do it.”
“What is it? And why me?”
“It's something a patient asked for. And Reisen is busy in the clinic with me, she can't be at two places at once.”
“Well, I don't think I could make it very far without getting ambushed.” So there's not much in it for you.
“How about this then?” She's insistent, but polite. “I'll get rid of your little misunderstanding here if you do this for me.” She sweetens the deal. “Well, besides that, I can't have you running errands with no recompense. So I'll give you a personal reward as well. From me to you. How's that sound?” She smiles with a warm, yet mysterious smile.
“Uhh... Who would I have to take the delivery too if I accept?”
“An acquaintance of yours really. She'll be waiting near the village for you. You could even spend some time with her afterwards if you wanted, I just need you to deliver – she's already paid.”
“Who is it?”
“Take the job and I'll tell you.” You can tell that she has fun playing these little games with you. Just how much is her general personality and how much is just for you, you don't know. “Come on, I'm busy and I really should get back to the clinic now. Drugs just don't make themselves, you know.”

You think about it. Well, it's either this or spend the rest of the day hiding in storage and linen closets. You spot a rabbit on the far end of the hallway. Damn, they've seen you. You'll have to move out one way or another.

[] Accept the job
-Sub-vote
[] Ask her what she means by 'personal reward'
[] Ask if she couldn't use you in the clinic instead

[] Take your chances with Tewi
-Sub-vote
[] Hide as fast as you can
[] Seek sanctuary somewhere

---
There. No sex spectacle for Mokou though (yet?).
>> No. 14802
[X] Accept the job.

Shirou and his good intentions. They pave the road to hell.
>> No. 14803
[x] Accept the job.
>> No. 14804
[X] Accept the job
[X] Ask her what she means by 'personal reward'

Hmm. Playing delivery boy, meeting someone we know from the village, and getting away from the place for a little while until things cool down, or take our chances hiding from the wrath of a legion of fluffy terrors who know this place better than you could ever hope to?

Yeah. Not much of a choice here, though any sort of "personal reward" from Eirin is always dubious. Still, just use a little common sense and discretion if you must, and things will hopefully not turn out too badly.
>> No. 14805
File 123787035935.jpg- (741.55KB , 1060x1504 , veryrelated.jpg ) [iqdb]
14805
>>14804

[!/] Accept the job
[!/] Ask her what she means by 'personal reward'

Images of Eirin gleefully ramming needles into our rear end floats through my mind. Her face ;in total ecstasy as she does.

>or take our chances hiding from the wrath of a legion of fluffy terrors

We already got laid by them during the Great Reisen Escape....
>> No. 14806
[X] Accept the job
[X] Ask her what she means by 'personal reward'

Another round of shooting arrows. Not that i mind... Eirin is always welcome.
>> No. 14807
[x] Take your chances with Tewi
-Sub-vote
[x] Hide as fast as you can

I'd prefer to be stabbed in the front by someone who will admit doing so than stabbed in the back by someone who will feign ignorance every time. This "personal reward" shit is just going to keep the cycle going, forcing you do whatever she wants so that she doesn't purposefully create a misunderstanding over it. Joke is on you since her "favors" will range from trying out her newest drug to reading her godawful poetry.
>> No. 14808
[+] Accept the job
[+] Make sure the package isn't volatile or fragile
[+] Run like hell

>>14795
Good sir, I would politely have you provide me the origin of that picture. So, yeah, sauce me.
>> No. 14809
[x] Accept the job
[x] Ask her what she means by 'personal reward'
>> No. 14810
File 123787508751.jpg- (108.37KB , 640x444 , 1237853725145.jpg ) [iqdb]
14810
Alright, I'll give this a bit more time before I write. Mostly for the subvotes, since I don't think there'll be a sudden tide of votes in the other direction. Well, of course, unless I fall alseep or something and the next day there's more votes or somesuch.

>>14808
Unfortunately, I have no idea. I took it from /jp/ a few hours ago and no source was given. See the archive thread (maybe the original is still up, but I don't feel like searching several pages back): http://archive.easymodo.net/cgi-board.pl/jp/thread/2300594

Judging from the file name, whoever posted it got it from a *booru. If you do find source, feel free to share though.

Picture also boosted from aforementioned thread.
>> No. 14811
[X] Accept the job
[X] Ask her what she means by 'personal reward'
>> No. 14813
File 123787771719.jpg- (65.87KB , 400x310 , ToS_Hot_Coffee.jpg ) [iqdb]
14813
>>14744

I swear to god... when I read that, this is all I could think about.
>> No. 14817
[Z] Accept the job
[Z] Make sure the package isn't volatile or fragile
[Z] Run like hell
>> No. 14818
[X] Accept the job
[X] Ask her what she means by 'personal reward'

>>14808

It's one of the official Touhou books. Look on the Wiki. It's the silly one centered on Eientei. Inaba of the Moon, Inaba of the Earth? Something like that.
>> No. 14820
[X] Accept the job
[X] Ask her what she means by 'personal reward'

I'm personally against running away as I believe in owning up to my own mistakes... But this is Tewi... If she wanted to do something to ya she would have done so in your sleep. May as well enjoy the outdoors while ya can; assuming whatever Eirin does just delays the inevitable.
>> No. 14821
File 123789924323.jpg- (442.12KB , 1031x1031 , af0a3356a03619547b151bf85b4207a9.jpg ) [iqdb]
14821
>>It's one of the official Touhou books. Look on the Wiki. It's the silly one centered on Eientei. Inaba of the Moon, Inaba of the Earth? Something like that.

>>14795
Um, no, no that is not.

>>14805
Is from the Inaba comics.

According to danbooru, >>14795
(as well as this image) are by a pixiv artist named Hirishiriu-tan.
>> No. 14823
[X] Accept the job
[X] Make sure the package isn't volatile or fragile
[X] Run like hell
>> No. 14824
[x] Accept the job

“Fine. I'll do it.” You're none to fond of being lynched by rabbits right now.
“Most excellent.” She smiles smugly as she reaches her hand into one of her pockets, producing a small paper bag.
“Can I know now to whom I have to deliver this?”
“Of course you may. This delivery is for a Ms. Fujiwara. She'll be waiting near the schoolhouse, coming from the main square. I trust you'll have no trouble finding her and giving her this. She'll be there within the hour.”
“Is this fragile?” You take the paper bag, finding that it weighs virtually nothing. Mm, Mokou huh?
“Not particularly, but I wouldn't recommend you squeeze it or step on it.”
“I think I can manage to do that.” You answer her dryly, giving her a weird look. Her wording makes it sound like you'll stomp on it just because.
“Alright, get to that then, I've got to go back.”
“Hold up. I'd like to ask you something.”
“I'm listening.” She pauses, her expression revealing that she had anticipated this.
“Just what exactly did you mean by 'personal reward'?”
“Isn't it better if you find out on the spot? There's more mystery and excitement that way.”
“I think I'd rather know.”
“Oh, be a sport.” She pouts with mock disappointment. “I'll just say that it's something that you'll like a lot. Just you and me, after dark, in the clinic. If you behave, I'll tell you more when you come in for your shot today.”
“I'm not sure whether to look forward to this or just reply 'yes ma'am!' with fake enthusiasm and clear out.” There's really no suppressing how you feel.
“Either is fine. I don't mind if you're secretly ruing all of this or if you really don't get a lot of what I do.” She confesses plainly. What's more, she really looks pleased to state the truth. “Deeds speak louder than words, and proper conclusions are best made after the fact. So just do your part and all will work out.”
“...Well, I should get going.” There's nothing more to be said. You don't think that you could faze her even if you tried your hardest. She makes it seem like she can read you like an open book at all times.
“See you later and take care.”

Neither of you waste any of time going about your business. You flee, escaping Eientei as quickly as you can. You can trust Eirin to make this problem to go away, but she's not going to save you right now from any ready-made ambushes. You duck and turn, making a beeline towards the exit. The long hallways are perfect for chases and at several points you could have sworn that they were on to you. Hell, they probably were. Somehow you manage to break out without getting intercepted – a miracle that only makes you more wary. For most of the way to the village, you're dodging and weaving in the bamboo expanse, eluding unseen foes. It's enough to make you out of breath in no time flat.

By the time you get to the square, you could swear you had divine protection. Sure, the villagers are looking at you funny, an out of breath outsider panting and holding a paper bag, but you really managed to get through to here in one piece. You should be safe now. Probably. You wipe the sweat off your forehead and take a few deep breaths. You made it here in good time, so you can afford to take a break before looking for Mokou. Ah village life looks so comfortable. The people are always smiling and act friendly. There certainly are worse fates than being a villager. You smile back at a few that smile at you as they pass. It's only polite to do so.

After you recompose yourself, you decide that you've done enough waiting. Might as well see if Mokou is there. You walk towards the schoolhouse, keeping your eye open for her.

---
Short update is short. And I'd write the rest, but I have to go now. Be back in a few hours.

>>14821
Awesome.
>> No. 14825
>“Either is fine. I don't mind if you're secretly ruing all of this or if you really don't get a lot of what I do.” She confesses plainly. What's more, she really looks pleased to state the truth.

I don't think there's a more succinct way of encapsulating what exactly it is that makes her so detestable.
>> No. 14828
>“I'll just say that it's something that you'll like a lot. Just you and me, after dark, in the clinic. If you behave, I'll tell you more when you come in for your shot today.”

more shots.... but maybe the other time around. Or maybe finally experiment time.
>> No. 14829
Alright. Back and I reckon I have enough time to write the rest. So expect something soon.

>>14828
Shirou was never the same after the last time it was experiment time. The lucky poor thing.
>> No. 14830
>>14829

What are you talking about? This is still the 1st playthrough.
>> No. 14831
File 123794630568.jpg- (133.81KB , 640x454 , 1225859163902.jpg ) [iqdb]
14831
>>14830
>> No. 14832
You find her easily enough. She stands out, leaning by a fence dressed in her distinctive tan and red. She looks impatient, tapping her foot and looking around every half a minute. She doesn't really recognize you though until you've practically reached her. Looks like she didn't expect to see you.

“Hey there. How's it going?”
“Wha- Shirou?” The way she greets you makes it seem like you were a ghost or something. “What are you doing here?”
“Came to make a delivery. To a certain Ms. Fujiwara. Eirin sent me.” You show her the bag.
“Hmm.” She frowns. “She sent you?”
“Is there a problem with that? She was busy, so was Reisen. I guess this is what I get for having too much time on my hands.” You hand her the bag.
“Not, there isn't a problem with that. I guess.” She looks away contemplatively. “I just didn't expect you, that's all.”
“Well, that's that. I did Eirin the favor, and now I hope she'll keep her end of the bargain.” Something about Mokou seems off. “Hey, is something the matter. You look a bit down? Feeling sick?” Well, that would explain Eirin handing out medicine.
“Uh, no, it's nothing like that.” She suddenly looks up at you, as if trying to read your mind. She sighs. “So you weren't told what was in the bag?”
“Didn't think to ask. Should I have?”
“No. That's fine.”
“So... what's in the bag?” Your curiosity has gotten the best of you.
“None of your business.” She's quick to answer and starts to walk way.

Goddamn she's in a bad mood.

“I'm not going to make fun of you or anything.” You walk to match her pace. “Maybe I can even help you out if you've got some sort of problem. You never know when my limited skills might come in handy.”
“Lovely. But no.” You can't get more straightforward than that. But in moments like these you can't help but be stubborn.
“I didn't think you'd ever take anything made by Eirin. With your outspoken views on Eientei and all. So I guess that it makes me worried. That's all. I'm your friend as well.” She ignores you, walking forward without so much as glancing at you. “...you know that not answering me only makes me more worried. I'm liable to ask Keine if anything is wrong. But I'd much rather hear it from you.” Mokou mumbles something. You speed up and stand in front of her. “What was that?”
“I said you're a real prick sometimes, you know that?” Mokou says it clearly and loudly. “Just leave me alone. I don't care if you go talk to Keine. Or even to your alien buddy. Just buzz off.” She pushes into you with her shoulder, shoving you aside. She picks up her pace, not looking back.

Just what the hell is wrong with her? You realize that some of the schoolchildren have been watching this from the playing field. To them, it must look like you're the bad guy here somehow. You consider following her anyways, this just isn't right.

[] Follow Mokou
[] Forget this
[] Cry on Keine's shoulders See Keine about this

---
Man that turned out shorter than I thought it'd be.

>>14830
Can't have it both ways. Either you let everything go or accept it.
>> No. 14833
[X] Forget this.

Hey, people need space sometimes.
>> No. 14834
[x] Forget this.
[x] Collect your reward from Eirin.
>> No. 14835
[x] Forget this

I think I have an idea for which direction this situation is headed toward, and this seems like the choice that will get us there the quickest.
>> No. 14836
[x] Forget this
>> No. 14837
File 123794897459.jpg- (371.86KB , 1027x1506 , IMG_0024.jpg ) [iqdb]
14837
[!/] Forget this

It was probably cold medicine.
>> No. 14838
[x] Forget this
>> No. 14839
[x] Forget this....



ಥ_ಥ why'd you say that Mokou...
>> No. 14840
Well, I see that the votes came quickly. Unfortunately, I have to go but I'll be back after two hours or so. And then I'll have plenty to time to write and update. Also, these last two options or so are really transparant mechanically, aren't they?
>> No. 14841
File 123795050673.jpg- (72.96KB , 800x564 , d184e521612d1cb8920f521dba1bcc7d.jpg ) [iqdb]
14841
>>14840

Keine options are only considered in the possible case of werecow encounters.
>> No. 14842
[X] Cry on Keine's shoulders

Just to be a contrary ass.

This whole scenario seems rather suspicious, doesn't it? The way Mokou reacted, it's almost as if it's not so much what she was having delivered, but WHO was delivering it that was bothering her. Or, perhaps a combination of the two?

Considering the Hourai Elixir not only grants immortality, but immunity from illness, she clearly didn't ask for something to treat a case of the sniffles, meaning it might have a somewhat more...recreational effect. For that matter, it might not even be meant for her, or at least, not entirely.

Considering how surprised she was to see US, of all people, delivering it, the way she questioned us being the one that was sent, her behavior both before and after she knew we had no idea what it was we were delivering, and I think we guess who aside from Mokou the parcel might relate to...

Also, as she no doubt knew what she made for Mokou, and what it was for, I can't help but think it was no coincidence that she picked us for this delivery.
>> No. 14843
>>14833
>>14836
>>14839
>>14835
>>14838

Oh wow. Are we just going "No Mokou, no Keine, Kaguya only, Final Destination" now? Well, it's futile at this point, but...

[x] See Keine about this
>> No. 14844
>>14843

No, it's just that sometimes people need to be alone, and going behind her back to find out about something Mokou may not want us to know is a rather ugly gesture.

Just give her some time to cool her head, and go talk to her later. If she's willing to talk to us about it, great, otherwise just let her have her secret.
>> No. 14845
>>14842

God damn it anon made me change my vote to

[x] Follow Mokou

On retrospect my original vote was done hastily... Damn curiosity's gonna get something killed I just know it...
>> No. 14847
[x] Follow Mokou
>> No. 14849
File 123795538493.jpg- (42.00KB , 575x441 , MokousAFaget.jpg ) [iqdb]
14849
Maybe the package is actually from Kaguya?
>> No. 14852
[x] Forget this
>> No. 14853
[+] Forget this
[+] Apologize to Mokou for pushing the issue before she gets out of earshot, then leave

We're naive, not a jerk. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
>> No. 14854
[x] Forget this.
[x] Apologize to Mokou for pushing the issue before she gets out of earshot, then leave.

This sounds good.
>> No. 14855
Teruyo, I think this might be your single most hateful update yet.

That's saying a lot.
>> No. 14856
Alright back. Writing nowish (as soon as I relax and finish the few lingering tasks for the day). I guess it'll have to be a new thread since this has reached auto-sage.

>>14841
I meant, like the last few posts not these choices specifically. Although I guess it's also applicable.

>>14855
What did I do this time? ;_;
>> No. 14857
>>14856
I have no idea.
>> No. 14860
>>14855

Pfft. Not by a longshot.
>> No. 14892
[x] Forget this.
[x] Apologize to Mokou for pushing the issue before she gets out of earshot, then leave.

Why you folks feel the need to press Mokou about her feminine hygene products, I don't know. Slow Shirou is slow.


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x